时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Doesn’t make sense to challenge their case. | 我们没有必要质疑他们的证据 |
[00:02] | There’s nothing the prosecution put in we don’t admit to. | 检方提供的证据 我们全部都认可 |
[00:04] | Unless we want to say somebody else did it. | 除非我们提出凶手另有其人 |
[00:06] | Her prints on the weapon. Blood all over… | 凶器上有她的指纹 血洒得到处… |
[00:07] | I’m not saying we’re gonna win. | 我没说我们会赢 |
[00:09] | But Lizzie Borden? | 但说她是丽兹·玻顿? 【注:1892年 涉嫌用斧头砍死父亲和继母 后被判无罪】 |
[00:12] | Our mock jurors don’t buy it. | 我们的模拟陪审员觉得不可信 |
[00:13] | We don’t need them to buy it. | 我们不需要他们相信 |
[00:14] | We need them to say “what if,” | 我们只要让他们觉得 “如果是真的呢” |
[00:16] | “maybe,” “I don’t know.” | “也许” “我不知道” |
[00:17] | How’s our witness, Dr. Peters? | 我们的证人怎么样 Peters医生 |
[00:19] | He is a little reluctant | 他有点不太情愿 |
[00:20] | but he’s with us. | 但愿意帮我们 |
[00:21] | Are we really gonna do this? | 我们真的要这么做吗 |
[00:22] | If you have anything better? | 你有更好的方案吗 |
[00:24] | We could just go straight blackout. | 我们可以直接提”暂时意志丧失” |
[00:26] | Problem is if we end up putting her on the stand | 问题在于 如果我们让她出庭作证 |
[00:28] | she does remember swinging the hatchet | 她的确还记得挥舞斧头 |
[00:30] | it’s not a total blackout. | 不完全是意志丧失 |
[00:34] | We only have one choice. | 我们只有这一个选择 |
[00:36] | Lizzie Borden took an ax, | 丽兹·玻顿拿起斧头 |
[00:39] | gave her mother 40 whacks | 劈了妈妈四十下 |
[00:41] | Born again in ’61, | 她在61年转世 |
[00:44] | killed her husband just for fun | 砍死丈夫为取乐 |
[00:52] | Sounds good to me. | 我觉得不错 |
[01:43] | Is it working? | 行不行 |
[01:44] | Can you see anything? | 能看到吗 |
[01:45] | Try not to whip around. | 不要晃动 |
[01:47] | Keep yourself steady. | 走稳一点 |
[01:49] | Okay, that’s good. | 行了 很好 |
[01:52] | Okay, Bec. | 好了 Bec |
[01:54] | She’s going tomorrow? | 她明天去? |
[01:55] | Tuesday. | 星期二 |
[01:57] | What if he examines me? | 如果他给我做检查怎么办 |
[01:58] | He’ll feel it. | 他会发现的 |
[01:59] | Well, he hasn’t examined you in seven visits. | 你去了七次 他都没有检查 |
[02:01] | If he starts to, | 如果他提出要检查 |
[02:02] | tell him you have to go to the bathroom and disconnect. | 你就借口说要上卫生间 然后把它拆了 |
[02:05] | And when do we get Mapp? | 我们什么时候抓Mapp |
[02:06] | We’ll get him, Jimmy. | 我们会抓他的 Jimmy |
[02:07] | Don’t worry. | 别着急 |
[02:08] | You’ll get your turn. | 你也有机会 |
[02:09] | Well, I’m ready. | 嗯 我准备好了 |
[02:10] | I get anxious when I’m ready for something. | 我准备好要做某件事情的时候就很激动 |
[02:17] | Lizzie Borden? | 丽兹·玻顿? |
[02:18] | You cannot say a word. | 你一定不能跟别人说 |
[02:19] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[02:20] | The DA doesn’t even know this is coming. | 检察官还不知道我们会提出这个理由 |
[02:22] | I could be disbarred for telling you. | 我跟你说了 弄不好会被吊销执照 |
[02:23] | Don’t you have to plead insanity | 你们不是必须在庭审前 |
[02:24] | in advance of trial? | 提出精神失常的辩护理由吗? |
[02:26] | They know we’re going insanity, | 他们知道我们会以精神失常辩护 |
[02:27] | they just don’t know Lizzie Borden. | 但他们不知道我们会提丽兹·玻顿 |
[02:29] | So you expect the jurors to swallow this past life stuff? | 你指望陪审团相信人有前世这回事? |
[02:31] | There’s a lot of Western doctors who believe in it, | 很多西方的医生都相信 |
[02:33] | Mr. Chiropractor. | 理疗师先生 |
[02:34] | Yeah? Do you believe in it? | 是吗 你相信吗 |
[02:35] | Do I look nuts? | 我看起来像个疯子吗 |
[02:37] | But you’ll argue it in court? | 但是你却要在庭上以此作为辩护理由? |
[02:38] | If a doctor will testify to it | 如果有医生愿意为此作证 |
[02:40] | and we have no other defense, yes **. | 而我们也没有别的辩护理由 是的 |
[02:42] | And you sleep at night? | 你晚上睡得着吗 |
[02:43] | You bet. | 当然 |
[02:44] | Alone. | 一个人睡 |
[02:46] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[02:49] | Do you plan on sleeping alone for the rest of your life? | 你准备一辈子都一个人睡吗 |
[02:55] | Ellenor Ellenor, | |
[02:56] | we’ve been dating for over two months now. | 我们已经约会了两个多月 |
[02:58] | And unless you have some sort of religious or moral objection | 除非你有某种宗教或道德上的障碍 |
[03:03] | I just think it’s a little odd that we haven’t spent the night together. | 我真是没搞懂我们居然还没有一起过夜 |
[03:10] | Well, maybe I’m waiting for marriage. | 呃 也许我要等到结婚之后 |
[03:13] | Some girls still do that, you know. | 要知道 有些女孩仍然坚守传统 |
[03:16] | Yeah? You one of them? | 是吗 你算其中之一吗 |
[03:23] | You know, this really isn’t a great place to talk about it, | 我们还是不要在这里谈这个话题吧 |
[03:25] | okay? | 好吗 |
[03:29] | Sure. | 当然 |
[03:37] | Yeah, Lizzie Borden was acquitted. | 嗯 丽兹·玻顿后来被判无罪 |
[03:39] | Most people don’t know that. | 大多数人都不知道 |
[03:43] | She was acquitted | 她被判无罪 |
[03:45] | but she was guilty. | 但其实她有罪 |
[03:46] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:55] | Taking my clothes off for the first time | 第一次在别人面前脱衣服 |
[03:58] | is not easy for me. | 对我来说很难 |
[04:03] | Do you think I’m not attracted to you? | 你觉得你不吸引我吗 |
[04:05] | It’s not that. | 不是这个原因 |
[04:11] | Have I acted like I’m not attracted to you? | 我有显得好像你不吸引我吗 |
[04:16] | No. | 没有 |
[04:40] | Leave it out? | 不提它? |
[04:42] | That’s our whole case. | 那是整个案子的关键 |
[04:43] | We’re leaving it out of our opening. | 在开场的时候不提 |
[04:45] | Our whole case is Dr. Peters. | 整个案子的关键在Peters医生 |
[04:47] | If the jury hears “Lizzie Borden” | 如果陪审团听到”丽兹·玻顿” |
[04:49] | he loses credibility before he even gets on the stand. | 他还没作证就失去了可信度 |
[04:52] | In the opening, we’ll just set up insanity. | 开场的时候 我们只说精神失常 |
[04:53] | We’ll build the doctor’s credibility during direct | 我们在盘问中建立起医生的可信度 |
[04:56] | and work up to the big bomb. | 然后再拿出那颗炸弹 |
[04:57] | We’re just afraid that | 我们担心的是 |
[04:58] | if we come out the blackout | 如果我们把”意志丧失” |
[04:59] | with Lizzie Borden past life, | 和”丽兹·玻顿的前世”一同提出来 |
[05:00] | that we will lose before we even begin. | 我们还没开始打就已经输了 |
[05:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:12] | This is a long shot, isn’t it? | 我们胜算很小 是不是 |
[05:19] | It does happen. | 真的发生了 |
[05:20] | Just like our mothers tell us. | 就像妈妈告诉我们的那样 |
[05:22] | Yeast? | 真菌? |
[05:23] | No. Love. | 不 爱情 |
[05:25] | It happens. | 真的有 |
[05:26] | Are we ever gonna meet this guy? | 我们什么时候能见见这位先生 |
[05:28] | She’s ashamed of us. That’s why. | 她怕我们丢她的脸 肯定是 |
[05:30] | I am not. | 我没有 |
[05:31] | Well, then when do we get to meet him? | 那么 我们什么时候能见他 |
[05:33] | When are you gonna paint the walls? | 你准备什么时候刷墙 |
[05:35] | Next week. | 下个星期 |
[05:38] | Have you had relations? | 你以前恋爱过吗 |
[05:41] | Jimmy Jimmy. | |
[05:43] | That’s kind of a personal question, | 这是个很隐私的问题 |
[05:45] | don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗 |
[05:46] | Jimmy Jimmy. | |
[05:52] | I was told to proceed to 76 Robin Street, | 我接到命令前往罗宾街76号 |
[05:54] | where there’d been a report of a prowler. | 有人报警说发生了盗窃案 |
[05:56] | And when you got there | 当你赶到的时候 |
[05:57] | I observed the defendant wandering in the area. | 我看到被告在那附近游荡 |
[06:00] | Can you describe the defendant’s demeanor? | 你能描述一下被告的举止吗 |
[06:02] | She looked disoriented, | 她显得辨不清方向 |
[06:04] | even dazed. | 甚至有点发呆 |
[06:05] | Did she say anything to you? | 她跟你说什么没有 |
[06:07] | She told me she was looking for her cat. | 她说她在找她的猫 |
[06:09] | She was covered in blood, | 她浑身是血 |
[06:10] | but she just kept talking about her cat. | 但是她不停地说自己的猫 |
[06:12] | I asked her where she lived, | 我让她告诉我她的住处 |
[06:13] | which was two doors down, | 她说是过去第三幢房子 |
[06:15] | so I escorted her back. | 于是我送她回家 |
[06:16] | Did you enter her house? | 你进了她家没有 |
[06:18] | Yes. | 进去了 |
[06:18] | The front door was wide open | 前门大开着 |
[06:20] | so I led her back inside. | 所以我就带她进屋了 |
[06:22] | And what was inside? | 屋里有什么 |
[06:25] | I saw blood all over. | 我看到有血 到处都是 |
[06:28] | She said, | 她说 |
[06:29] | “Did something happen to my cat?” | 我的猫怎么了 |
[06:32] | Then I looked into the den, | 然后我检查了她的房间 |
[06:33] | there it was. | 就看到了 |
[06:34] | It being? | 看到什么 |
[06:35] | Not her cat. | 不是她的猫 |
[06:37] | It was so bloody. | 场面如此血腥 |
[06:39] | I couldn’t even tell whether it was a man or a woman. | 我都看不出来是男人还是女人 |
[06:41] | What was the defendant doing at this point? | 被告这时候在做什么 |
[06:43] | She still seemed dazed, | 她仍然在发呆 |
[06:45] | almost vacant. | 甚至有点茫然 |
[06:46] | Then all of a sudden, | 然后突然之间 |
[06:47] | she became hysterical. | 她变得歇斯底里 |
[06:48] | Hysterical? How? | 歇斯底里? 怎么歇斯底里? |
[06:49] | She started tearing at her own clothes. | 她开始撕扯自己的衣服 |
[06:51] | I had to restrain her physically. | 我不得不强行控制住她 |
[06:53] | Did she say anything else to you at this time? | 这时候她对你说了什么没有 |
[06:56] | Yes. | 有 |
[06:56] | After I restrained her | 我控制住她之后 |
[06:59] | she started to cry. | 她开始哭泣 |
[07:01] | And she said that the body was her husband. | 她说死者是她的丈夫 |
[07:06] | Anything else? | 还有吗 |
[07:08] | She said that she killed him. | 她说人是她杀死的 |
[07:15] | Are you on drugs? | 你嗑药了吗 |
[07:17] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[07:18] | Me, come work in your firm? | 我 到你们事务所去工作? |
[07:19] | You’ve wanted us to work together. | 你一直想我们做同事 |
[07:21] | Here! | 在这里做同事 |
[07:22] | You’re not a career DA. | 你的职业梦想不是检察官 |
[07:24] | You’ve always known that at some point you’ll jump | 你自己也知道 总有一天你会转行 |
[07:26] | Yes, to make money, | 对 为了多挣钱 |
[07:27] | not to catch head lice. | 不是为了当穷光蛋 |
[07:28] | Funny. | 幽默 |
[07:30] | What are the odds of you lasting at a big firm? | 你在大律师事务所能呆的下去吗 |
[07:33] | It’s about as much fun as quitting smoking. | 就像戒烟一样有意思 |
[07:35] | And I was there when you did that. | 我当初可是亲眼所见 |
[07:37] | No, forget it. | 算了 不可能的 |
[07:37] | I’ll take “no” | 你可以拒绝我 |
[07:38] | but I won’t take “forget it.” | 但是别急着说”不可能” |
[07:40] | We’re gonna have lunch in a couple of days, | 我过两天找你吃饭 |
[07:41] | in the meantime, think about this. | 在此之前 你再考虑考虑 |
[07:43] | You’d be a partner. | 你可以成为合伙人 |
[07:44] | Bobby knows you’re here? | Bobby知道你来找我吗 |
[07:46] | I’m not broaching it | 我要先问你的意见 |
[07:47] | unless you’re interested. | 你感兴趣我才会提出来讨论 |
[07:48] | And if you are, he’ll say yes. | 如果你真感兴趣 他会同意的 |
[07:49] | He’ll have to. | 他非同意不可 |
[07:50] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[07:51] | Your reputation. We need it. | 你的声誉 正是我们所需 |
[07:54] | We’ll pay for it. | 我们会为此支付报酬 |
[08:00] | Lindsay, l… | Lindsay 我… |
[08:01] | If you say no, fine. | 如果你拒绝 没问题 |
[08:02] | But don’t be stupid and not think about it first. | 但是别想都不想就拒绝 那样很傻 |
[08:08] | She was dazed when you first saw her? | 你最初看到她的时候 她很茫然? |
[08:09] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[08:11] | In fact, | 事实上 |
[08:11] | according to your own report | 根据你自己的报告 |
[08:13] | she didn’t appear to know where she was. | 她看起来完全不知道身在何处 |
[08:16] | Did you remark that | 你有没有说过 |
[08:18] | she didn’t seem to be aware she was covered in blood? | 她看来并没有意识到自己浑身是血? |
[08:20] | Yes, | 有 |
[08:21] | I said that. | 我说过 |
[08:22] | And when you described her as becoming hysterical | 按你的描述 她开始变得歇斯底里 |
[08:24] | you told fellow officers she went nuts. | 你跟你的同事们说她完全疯了 |
[08:26] | Objection. | 反对 |
[08:27] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[08:28] | Did you say she went nuts? | 你有没有说她疯了 |
[08:30] | By that, I meant hysterical. | 我说的”疯了” 意思就是歇斯底里 |
[08:32] | Did she strike you as a sane woman, officer? | 你觉得她是个神志清楚的女人吗 警官 |
[08:34] | Objection. | 反对 |
[08:35] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[08:36] | Was there a cat, do you know? | 她有猫吗 你知不知道 |
[08:39] | Not that I know. | 我没有看到猫 |
[08:40] | She didn’t know what she was doing, did she? | 她并不知道自己在做什么 是不是 |
[08:42] | Objection. | 反对 |
[08:43] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[08:44] | Did you learn whether the defendant even had a cat? | 据你了解 被告到底有没有养猫 |
[08:48] | I’m told she did not. | 据我所知没有 |
[08:50] | Didn’t have a cat. | 没有猫 |
[08:51] | Officer, in your opinion, | 警官 依你看 |
[08:53] | and I know you’re not trained | 我知道你没有经过 |
[08:54] | in mental health | 心理健康方面的专业训练 |
[08:55] | Objection! | 反对 |
[08:56] | I’m asking for layman’s opinion. | 我是在询问他作为非专业人士的观点 |
[08:57] | Man on the street. | 普通人的看法 |
[08:59] | I’ll allow it. | 允许发问 |
[09:01] | As you observed my client | 根据你对我的当事人的观察 |
[09:03] | as you listened to her | 根据她所说的话 |
[09:05] | did she believe she had a cat? | 她是否相信自己有猫 |
[09:09] | I think she did. Yes. | 我觉得她相信 是的 |
[09:15] | You did great. | 你表现得非常好 |
[09:16] | That set us up perfectly. | 完美地稳住了局势 |
[09:17] | Now, it’s up to the doctor. | 接下来 该医生上场了 |
[09:18] | He says he’s ready. | 他说已经准备好了 |
[09:20] | That would bring me comfort if he had any idea | 如果他对接下来的事情有心理准备的话 |
[09:22] | what he was in for. | 我会觉得更安心 |
[09:24] | You need to share with the jury | 你要告诉陪审团 |
[09:25] | how nuts it all seems. | 你自己也觉得这一切多么不可思议 |
[09:26] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[09:27] | You have to admit this whole theory seemed | 你得承认 你跟陪审团一样 |
[09:29] | just as crazy to you as it does to the jury now. | 都觉得这种说法太过离奇古怪 |
[09:31] | When they hear “Lizzie Borden,” | 当他们听到”丽兹·玻顿” |
[09:32] | they’ll think it’s absurd. | 他们会觉得太荒谬 |
[09:33] | They’ll think I’m absurd. | 他们会觉得我太荒谬 |
[09:34] | Not if you take the curse off it. | 如果你说服他们就不会 |
[09:36] | Just say your immediate reaction | 你就说你的第一反应 |
[09:38] | was the same as everybody else’s. | 跟所有人都是一样的 |
[09:39] | Yes. | 没错 |
[09:39] | You can’t come off as some past-life zealot. | 不要表现得你深信人有前世这回事 |
[09:41] | Let’s be honest. | 别自欺欺人了 |
[09:42] | When the DA gets done, | 当检察官盘问我之后 |
[09:43] | I’m not gonna have credibility left. | 我的可信度将荡然无存 |
[09:45] | We have other experts backing you up. | 我们还有其他专家支持你的观点 |
[09:47] | On past-life experiences, maybe. | 在”前世经验”方面 可能有 |
[09:48] | But I’m the only doctor who gets that ** and says, “Lizzie Borden.” | 但我是唯一说出”丽兹·玻顿”的医生 |
[09:51] | We’ll protect you as best we can. | 我们会竭尽全力保护你 |
[09:53] | Right. | 才怪 |
[09:56] | Tomorrow at this time, | 明天这时候 |
[09:58] | I’m a quack leading off every newscast. | 我将成为各个媒体头条报道的江湖骗子 |
[10:00] | Doctor, I know you’re worried about your reputation. | 医生 我知道你担心自己的名誉 |
[10:03] | I understand that. | 我理解你 |
[10:04] | But once you take that witness chair, | 但一旦你站上证人席 |
[10:06] | you have to commit. | 你一定要立场坚定 |
[10:07] | And what are the chances this could work? | 我们这么做成功的可能性有多大 |
[10:12] | Not good. | 不太大 |
[10:14] | I won’t lie to you. | 我老实跟你说 |
[10:15] | But without you | 但是如果没有你的证词 |
[10:17] | she’s going away for life. | 她一定会被判终生监禁 |
[10:22] | You’re her only chance. | 你是她唯一的机会 |
[10:31] | 7? Seventy? | |
[10:32] | Not so fast. | 没这么快 |
[10:33] | Seventy thousand? | 7万块? |
[10:34] | Well, the check’s not signed. | 呃 支票还没签 |
[10:36] | They wanna do their own physical. | 他们想自己做一次体检 |
[10:38] | Make sure the injuries are real. | 确保受伤是真实的 |
[10:39] | What’s new? They alwa… | 有什么问题吗 他们… |
[10:41] | What’s new is the doctor they use, | 问题是他们雇请的医生 |
[10:42] | he’s tough to fool. | 他很不好糊弄 |
[10:43] | They all can be fooled. We just… | 他们都可以被糊弄 我们只要… |
[10:45] | Look, I don’t wanna take nothing for granted. | 听我说 我不能一切都想当然 |
[10:46] | Rebecca can act good, | Rebecca表现不错 |
[10:47] | but she better be prepped. | 但最好还是准备充分一点 |
[10:49] | You tell Dr. Spivak to be thorough. | 你叫Spivik医生认真一点 |
[10:52] | He will be. | 他会的 |
[10:53] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[11:00] | At what point did you begin treating her with hypnosis? | 你什么时候开始对她采取催眠疗法的 |
[11:04] | After about a year. | 大概治疗一年之后 |
[11:05] | She was still suffering the anxiety attacks, | 她仍然无法摆脱焦虑 |
[11:07] | the blackouts. | 暂时意志丧失 |
[11:08] | Ok,these blackouts. | 这种暂时意志丧失 |
[11:09] | Did you mean that she would just lose consciousness? | 你是说她会突然就没有意识了吗 |
[11:12] | No, | 不是 |
[11:12] | it would be more like sleepwalking. | 其实更像是梦游 |
[11:14] | She’d find herself at a store,for example, | 比如说 她发现自己在商店里 |
[11:15] | not know how she got there. | 不知道是怎么去的 |
[11:17] | She would drive? | 梦游的时候开车吗? |
[11:17] | Sometimes, yes. | 有时候会 |
[11:18] | And you were able to make no real progress? | 你的治疗没有实质性的进展? |
[11:21] | That’s why I tried hypnotherapy. | 所以我开始用催眠疗法 |
[11:22] | Can you tell us what you discovered? | 能不能告诉我们你在催眠中有什么发现 |
[11:24] | She started describing her house, | 她开始描述自己的房子 |
[11:27] | except it wasn’t her house. | 但那其实不是她的房子 |
[11:28] | She was talking about stuff from the 1800s | 她所说的是19世纪的事情 |
[11:31] | with meticulous detail. | 有着细致丰富的细节 |
[11:32] | She started going on about her house. | 她说到自己的房子 |
[11:35] | Finally, I asked her name. | 最后 我问她叫什么名字 |
[11:37] | While she was under hypnosis? | 当她还在催眠状态中? |
[11:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:39] | And what did she tell you? | 她是怎么回答的 |
[11:40] | I know it sounds crazy but | 我知道这听起来太荒诞 但是 |
[11:42] | she told me she was Lizzie Borden. | 她跟我说她是丽兹·玻顿 |
[11:46] | Quiet. | 肃静 |
[11:48] | Quiet down. | 肃静 |
[11:51] | Lizzie Borden? | 丽兹·玻顿? |
[11:53] | The woman who killed her parents with an ax? | 那个用斧子杀死父母的女人? |
[11:54] | Yes, | 是的 |
[11:55] | and after that session, I went to the library | 那天的治疗结束后 我去了图书馆 |
[11:57] | and looked up some of the stuff she was telling me. | 查阅了她告诉我的一些事情 |
[11:58] | All true. | 全部都是真的 |
[12:00] | She was telling me about birthmarks | 她跟我说到胎记 |
[12:01] | and giving me information on friends and relatives, | 说起有关她朋友和亲人的信息 |
[12:04] | stuff from archives | 这些在档案中有记录 |
[12:05] | that’s barely published. | 但几乎没有公开出版过 |
[12:07] | And it was all true. | 全部都是真的 |
[12:08] | It was stunning. | 我很震惊 |
[12:09] | I had her sign her name. | 我叫她签自己的名字 |
[12:10] | She signed “Lizzie Borden.” | 她签了”丽兹·玻顿” |
[12:11] | I took it to a handwriting expert to have it analyzed. | 我拿去给笔迹学专家分析 |
[12:13] | He said it was a match. | 他说笔迹相符 |
[12:15] | Did you form any conclusions | 基于这些 |
[12:16] | based on this? | 你得出了什么结论没有 |
[12:17] | I didn’t form any conclusions, but… | 我没有得出任何结论 但是… |
[12:19] | Did you leave room for the possibility | 你是否觉得存在这样一种可能性 |
[12:21] | that in a former life, she was Lizzie Borden? | 她的前世是丽兹·玻顿? |
[12:25] | I said it was possible. | 我觉得有可能 |
[12:28] | Hey. How are you doing? | 嘿 你怎么样 |
[12:29] | Hey. Good. | 嘿 挺好 |
[12:31] | Well, this isn’t so bad. | 呃 其实没那么差嘛 |
[12:33] | I never said it was bad. | 我从来没说过很差 |
[12:35] | Well, you didn’t want me to see it. | 可是你不想带我来参观 |
[12:36] | Lindsay. Fred Spivak. | Lindsay 这是Fred Spivak |
[12:38] | Lindsay Dole. – Hi. | -这是Lindsay Dole -嗨 |
[12:39] | – Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you. A pleasure. | -幸会 -幸会 很高兴认识你 |
[12:41] | So we’re gonna go to lunch. | 我们去吃午饭 |
[12:42] | Can I come? | 可以带上我吗 |
[12:45] | I’m just kidding. | 开个玩笑 |
[12:46] | Be back in an hour. | 我们一个小时回来 |
[12:48] | – Take your time. – Thank you. | -午餐愉快 -谢谢 |
[12:51] | They think you got enough? | 他们觉得已经够了? |
[12:52] | Well, they want him taking the money on camera, | 他们想拍下他收钱的过程 |
[12:54] | but we’re almost home. | 不过我们已经基本完成了 |
[12:56] | So it’s my turn with Spivak. | 接下来我要去见Spivak |
[12:58] | I better hope he doesn’t examine me. | 我希望他别检查我 |
[13:00] | What’d you say? | 你说什么 |
[13:02] | I said I hope he doesn’t examine me. If he does… | 我说我希望他不要检查我 如果… |
[13:04] | What’s his name, | 他叫什么名字 |
[13:05] | this doctor? | 那个医生 |
[13:06] | Spivak Spivak. | |
[13:07] | Fred Spivak Fred Spivak. | |
[13:08] | You know him? | 你认识他? |
[13:11] | He was just in here. | 他刚刚就在这里 |
[13:12] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[13:13] | The mystery guy Ellenor’s been dating? | 跟Ellenor约会的那个神秘人士 |
[13:15] | Fred Spivak, doctor. | 就是Fred Spivak 医生 |
[13:17] | How can that be? | 怎么可能 |
[13:18] | Remember? | 记得不 |
[13:20] | She said that they bumped into each other right in front of the building. | 她说他们是在这栋楼门口偶遇的 |
[13:22] | He was probably on his way to meet you | 他当时可能正在去咖啡馆 |
[13:23] | at the coffee shop. | 跟你见面的路上 |
[13:24] | Well, either that or… | 呃 要么就是… |
[13:25] | Or he’s onto us. | 要么他是有意的 |
[13:26] | And he’s dating her to find out… | 他跟她约会 以便… |
[13:28] | How could he know for sure that she wouldn’t know his name? | 他怎么能确保她不知道自己的名字 |
[13:30] | It has to be for real. | 肯定真的是巧合 |
[13:31] | Wait. Ellenor is dating my crooked chiropractor? | 慢着 Ellenor在跟诈骗团伙的医生约会? |
[13:35] | Worse than that. | 更糟糕的是 |
[13:37] | She’s falling in love with him. | 她爱上他了 |
[13:40] | Doctor, | 医生 |
[13:41] | it’s your medical opinion | 根据你的专业意见 |
[13:43] | that the defendant was Lizzie Borden in a former life? | 被告的前世是丽兹·玻顿? |
[13:47] | I only said possible. | 我只是说有这个可能性 |
[13:49] | Did she talk about her previous crimes under hypnosis? | 她有没有在催眠中谈过以前的犯罪事实 |
[13:52] | As a matter of fact, she did. | 事实上 确实有过 |
[13:53] | And in your medical opinion | 根据你的专业意见 |
[13:55] | she was acting out a past-life experience? | 她的行为是基于前世的经验? |
[13:57] | I know how it sounds, | 我知道听起来很荒唐 |
[13:59] | but the things she was saying under hypnosis | 但是她在催眠中所说的那些事情 |
[14:00] | Yes, | 是的 |
[14:01] | they all checked out on microfilm. | 跟历史档案的记载相符 |
[14:04] | Doctor | 医生 |
[14:06] | is it possible for somebody to fake being under hypnosis? | 人们有没有可能假装被催眠了 |
[14:09] | I think I would know if somebody were faking. | 如果有人假装的话 我想我看得出来 |
[14:12] | Why did Mrs. Hanson first come to you? | Hanson太太最初是为什么来找你 |
[14:16] | Anxiety. | 焦虑 |
[14:17] | Sleep deprivation. | 失眠 |
[14:18] | Blackouts. | 暂时意志丧失 |
[14:19] | Trouble in her marriage? | 婚姻不和? |
[14:20] | She did have trouble, yes. | 她的婚姻是有问题 是的 |
[14:22] | Ever express anger toward her husband? | 有没有表达过她对丈夫的不满 |
[14:24] | Actually, no. | 事实上 没有 |
[14:24] | It was guilt. | 其实是内疚 |
[14:25] | Guilt? | 内疚? |
[14:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:26] | Any problems with her marriage, | 她把婚姻中的所有问题 |
[14:28] | she regarded as her failures. | 都归咎于自己身上 |
[14:29] | She would experience sporadic feelings of tremendous guilt. | 她时常陷于深深的内疚情绪之中 |
[14:32] | These usually preceded her blackout episodes. | 然后就会出现短暂意志丧失 |
[14:35] | Ever explore that guilt? | 你有没有探究过这种内疚感 |
[14:36] | Yes, through hypnosis. | 有 通过催眠 |
[14:38] | That’s when these | 正是在此过程中 |
[14:39] | Lizzie Borden memories came out. | 我发现了关于丽兹·玻顿的记忆 |
[14:40] | And that’s the source of the guilt? | 这就是内疚感的来源? |
[14:43] | A hundred years ago, she hacked up her parents. | 100年前 她砍死了自己的父母 |
[14:45] | It may sound ridiculous, but… | 听起来或许很荒诞 但是… |
[14:47] | Could her guilt have been triggered | 她的内疚感有没有可能来自于 |
[14:49] | by anything else? | 其它的原因 |
[14:51] | Like | 比如说 |
[14:52] | infidelity? | 出轨? |
[14:53] | What if she was secretly seeing someone else? | 如果她暗地里跟其他人有染呢 |
[14:57] | I don’t think that was the case. | 我认为没有这回事 |
[14:58] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[14:59] | She would have told me. | 如果有 她会告诉我 |
[15:00] | I was her treating psychiatrist. | 我是她的临床心理医生 |
[15:02] | Maybe she didn’t feel the need to tell you. | 也许她觉得没有必要告诉你 |
[15:06] | Is that possible? | 有没有这个可能 |
[15:11] | Doctor, are you having an affair with the defendant? | 医生 你与被告是不是有婚外情 |
[15:13] | Objection. | 反对 |
[15:14] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[15:16] | Doctor | 医生 |
[15:17] | do you recognize that woman sitting in the last row? | 你是否认识坐在最后一排的那位女士 |
[15:24] | Didn’t she once work as your assistant? | 她是否曾担任过你的助手 |
[15:26] | Objection. This is unfair surprise. | 反对 这是不当突袭 |
[15:28] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[15:29] | All right, doctor. | 这样吧 医生 |
[15:30] | Let’s speed things up here. | 我们把事情说简单点 |
[15:32] | Are you having a sexual relationship with the defendant? | 你与被告之间有没有性关系 |
[15:37] | Answer the question, doctor. | 回答问题 医生 |
[15:39] | Are you involved with that woman? | 你与这位女士是否有染 |
[15:50] | Yes. | 有 |
[16:00] | Are you in love with her? | 你爱她吗 |
[16:05] | I could be. | 也许吧 |
[16:23] | – What was that? – Let’s calm down. | -这是怎么回事 -冷静一点 |
[16:25] | The hell with calm down! Are you sleeping with her? | 冷静个鬼 你跟她上床吗 |
[16:27] | Everything I said up there is true. | 我在庭上所说的都是事实 |
[16:28] | Are you sleeping with her? Answer my question! | 你跟她上过床吗 回答我的问题 |
[16:30] | Shut the hell up! | 他妈的闭嘴 |
[16:31] | All right. | 行了 |
[16:32] | It wasn’t my idea to get up there. I didn’t… | 又不是我要出庭作证的 我没有… |
[16:34] | Why didn’t you tell us this? | 你之前为什么不告诉我们 |
[16:35] | Because I didn’t think anybody knew, | 因为我以为没人知道 |
[16:36] | It will never come out. | 不会被翻出来 |
[16:37] | Are you covering for her? | 你是不是在帮她掩盖罪行 |
[16:38] | I am not covering for her! | 我没有帮她掩盖罪行 |
[16:39] | She kills him, gets his money. | 她杀了丈夫 继承他的财产 |
[16:41] | Gets a doctor to help… | 找个医生帮忙… |
[16:42] | Go to hell! | 去死吧你 |
[16:43] | All right. | 好了 |
[16:44] | She was the rich one, not the husband | 有钱的是她自己 不是她丈夫 |
[16:45] | if you care about the facts. | 如果你还尊重事实的话 |
[16:47] | Did the two of you conspire to do this? | 是不是你们俩合谋杀人 |
[16:49] | I didn’t back her up or fill her in with lies! | 我没有帮助她 也没有撒谎 |
[16:51] | That would hurt your reputation. | 是啊 那会损害你的名誉 |
[16:53] | Eugene Eugene. | |
[16:54] | Look. | 听着 |
[16:56] | It was exactly like I said. | 事实正如我所说的 |
[16:58] | She suffered the anxiety, | 她患有焦虑症 |
[16:59] | the blackouts | 暂时意志丧失 |
[17:00] | the Lizzie Borden stuff. | 还有丽兹·玻顿的事 |
[17:02] | It’s exactly like I said. | 全都是事实 |
[17:03] | The other, it’s irrelevant. | 其他的 与案件无关 |
[17:05] | Except you love her, | 但是你爱她 |
[17:05] | gives you motive to wanna save her! | 所以你有帮她撒谎的动机 |
[17:07] | I didn’t wanna testify! | 我根本不想作证 |
[17:09] | You said if I didn’t, | 是你们说如果我不作证 |
[17:11] | she’d be convicted. | 她会被定罪 |
[17:16] | I had no idea anybody knew. | 我以为没有人知道 |
[17:21] | Damn it! | 见鬼 |
[17:25] | So the affair started after you began treating her? | 婚外情发生在你给她治疗之后? |
[17:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:33] | We still got other experts. | 我们还有其他专家证人 |
[17:34] | But Peters is the only one | 但是Peters是唯一一个 |
[17:36] | to make our insanity… | 能证明精神失常… |
[17:37] | We’re done. | 我们完了 |
[17:38] | Is there any way he could hypnotized her | 如果他真爱她 有没有可能 |
[17:39] | into killing him if he loved her? | 通过催眠唆使她杀死丈夫 |
[17:41] | I’ve checked on that. | 我查过了 |
[17:42] | It’s impossible. | 不可能的 |
[17:43] | You can’t hypnotize someone into doing something | 你不能通过催眠让别人去做 |
[17:45] | that you find repulsive. | 令其抵触的事情 |
[17:46] | Plus which, | 而且如果真是这样 |
[17:47] | she’d have a memory of it. | 她会记得的 |
[17:48] | She does remembers swinging the hatchet. | 她的确记得挥舞过斧头 |
[17:50] | Maybe they did it together | 也许你说得对 |
[17:51] | like you said. | 他们合谋干的 |
[17:52] | She passed our lie detector conclusively. | 她确定无疑地通过了我们的测谎 |
[17:54] | Look, I think our job just got tougher, | 我觉得我们的挑战变得更艰难了 |
[17:56] | but that doesn’t change our defense. | 但是我们的辩护策略没有变 |
[17:57] | Our theory is still… | 我们的策略还是… |
[18:00] | Lizzie. | 丽兹 |
[18:01] | Well, I keep hearing how good you guys are. | 嗯 我一直听说你们多么棒 |
[18:10] | You sure it’s the same guy? | 你确定真的是同一个人吗 |
[18:11] | How many Fred Spivak chiropractors can there be? | 能有几个叫Fred Spivak的理疗师 |
[18:14] | I still don’t see how we can’t tell her. | 我还是想不出我们怎么能不告诉她 |
[18:16] | Is there any reason not to tell her? | 有什么理由不告诉她吗 |
[18:18] | Well… | 呃… |
[18:20] | What? | 什么 |
[18:23] | She might be in love with him. | 她可能已经爱上他了 |
[18:25] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[18:25] | how can we be sure she won’t tip him off? | 我们怎么保证她不会向他透露真相 |
[18:27] | We can’t. | 没法保证 |
[18:28] | Still, I’m… | 但是 我… |
[18:29] | How can we be sure the doctor won’t tip off Mapp? | 我们怎么保证医生不会告诉Mapp |
[18:31] | We could be putting Jimmy in danger. | 那样会给Jimmy带来危险 |
[18:35] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[18:42] | Who died? | 死人了吗 |
[18:43] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[18:46] | Ellenor Ellenor, | |
[18:47] | the guy you’re seeing, | 跟你约会的那个人 |
[18:48] | is this his card? | 这是他的名片吗 |
[18:50] | Yeah, | 是啊 |
[18:51] | where’d you get this? | 你们哪里弄来的 |
[18:54] | He’s the chiropractor who’s treating Rebecca | 他就是那个保险诈骗团伙中 |
[18:57] | in the insurance scam. | 给Rebecca治疗的理疗师 |
[19:00] | Very funny. | 真搞笑 |
[19:11] | We think he was on his way to meet with Jimmy | 我们认为你第一次见到他的时候 |
[19:13] | when you first ran into him. | 他正要去跟Jimmy碰面 |
[19:19] | The doctor that’s treating you is Fred Spivak? | 为你治疗的医生是Fred Spivak? |
[19:23] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:48] | Men. | 男人嘛 |
[19:50] | Another dirtbag. | 只是个普通男人 |
[19:54] | No biggie. | 没什么大不了 |
[20:00] | Repressed past lives. | 被压抑的前世经验 |
[20:02] | It’s much more common than first thought. | 比一般认为的要普遍得多 |
[20:05] | Is it the same as reincarnation? | 与轮回转世是一回事吗 |
[20:07] | Basically. | 基本上是 |
[20:08] | And when you say common… | 你所说的普遍… |
[20:10] | There are thousands of cases, | 有数以千计的实例 |
[20:12] | anecdotal evidence, | 被当作趣闻轶事 |
[20:13] | where people usually under hypnosis, | 在这些实例中 人们通常是在催眠中 |
[20:16] | manifest past personalities. | 展现出前世的人格特征 |
[20:18] | Patients have suddenly started speaking in foreign tongues. | 病人会突然开始说外语 |
[20:21] | I had a patient who | 我曾经有个病人 |
[20:22] | kept claiming his dentist killed him. | 一直说他的牙医杀死了他 |
[20:24] | I finally looked up the name of the person he was claiming to be. | 最后 我去查了那个他自称的人名 |
[20:27] | He died 40 years ago, | 他死于四十年前 |
[20:29] | mysteriously, in a dentist chair. | 神秘地死在牙医的椅子上 |
[20:35] | You’re sitting there like jurors. | 你们像陪审员一样坐在法庭上 |
[20:37] | What do you think? | 你们怎么看 |
[20:38] | It’s a bunch of crap. | 鬼话连篇 |
[20:39] | Now, why do you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[20:41] | Well, all this past-life hocus pocus. | 我是说这一整套”前世”的把戏 |
[20:43] | Lawyers today, | 如今的律师会收买专家证人 |
[20:44] | they’ll pay experts to say anything. | 让他们什么都说 |
[20:45] | Maybe she thought she was O.J. Simpson. | 也许她自以为是O.J.辛普森 |
[20:50] | You’ve heard a lot of experts with very good credentials. | 你们已经听了很多资深专家的证言 |
[20:53] | And Dr. Peters, | 还有Peters医生 |
[20:54] | aside from the affair, | 除了婚外情之外 |
[20:55] | didn’t his testimony seem truthful? | 他的证言难道听起来不可信吗 |
[20:57] | He’s just saying whatever to save her | 为了救她 他什么都可以说 |
[20:59] | because he loves her. | 因为他爱她 |
[21:00] | And once a doctor makes a diagnosis, | 而且一旦某个医生下了诊断 |
[21:02] | other doctors don’t wanna contradict him. | 其他医生都会尽力维护他 |
[21:04] | They’re worse than lawyers. | 他们比律师还要坏 |
[21:09] | Murder two? | 二级谋杀? |
[21:11] | Mrs. Hanson, | Hanson太太 |
[21:12] | we can’t win. | 我们赢不了 |
[21:13] | Our theory was pretty stretched to begin with. | 我们的辩护理由本来就相当牵强 |
[21:15] | Add to that, your affair with the doctor | 再加上你跟医生的婚外情 |
[21:17] | You think I knowingly killed him? | 你觉得我是故意杀了他? |
[21:19] | All our mock jurors do. | 我们所有的模拟陪审员都这么想 |
[21:22] | Do you, Ally? | 你呢 Ally? |
[21:27] | I’m not sure. | 我不知道 |
[21:31] | I am not pleading guilty to murder. | 我不能认二级谋杀罪 |
[21:34] | I had blacked out. | 我当时丧失了意志 |
[21:38] | Let me testify. | 让我出庭作证 |
[21:39] | I don’t think that will help. | 我觉得于事无补 |
[21:40] | I’m not pleading guilty to a murder I can’t even remember. | 我不能仅仅因为跟我的医生有婚外情 |
[21:43] | Just because I fell in love with my therapist | 就认下这个我根本不记得的谋杀罪 |
[21:46] | And chopped up your husband. | 还因为你剁了你的丈夫 |
[21:47] | I don’t remember it! | 我不记得 |
[21:50] | If they believe I blacked out, | 如果他们相信我丧失了意志 |
[21:52] | they’ll have to find me insane. | 他们必须判决我精神失常 |
[22:03] | I think she’s using him. | 我觉得她是在利用医生 |
[22:05] | What? | 什么 |
[22:06] | Does she seem like she’d fall in love with Dr. Peters? | 她看起来像是会爱上Peters医生的人吗 |
[22:08] | If she were using him to set up a defense, | 如果她是利用医生来构造辩护理由 |
[22:11] | she wouldn’t have to pretend to be in love with him. | 那就没必要假装爱上他 |
[22:13] | If anything, it makes him | 那样做唯一的后果是 |
[22:14] | less useful as a witness. | 削弱他作为证人的可信度 |
[22:15] | Well, except… | 呃 除非… |
[22:17] | Except what? | 除非什么 |
[22:18] | This doctor cares so much about his reputation. | 这位医生太爱惜自己的名誉 |
[22:20] | To put himself on the line in open court, | 为了让他在庭上这样公开作证 |
[22:24] | it… | 需要… |
[22:25] | Maybe she needs some kind of insurance | 也许她是通过这种手段 |
[22:27] | that he’d go to the wall for her. | 确保他会为自己赴汤蹈火 |
[22:31] | If you tell him, | 如果你告诉他 |
[22:32] | you could be putting Jimmy at risk. | 你会置Jimmy于危险之中 |
[22:34] | You know what? | 是吗 |
[22:35] | Maybe you should have thought about that | 也许在你告诉我真相之前 |
[22:36] | before unloading the truth onto me. | 就应该考虑好这个问题 |
[22:38] | Ellenor, we had to. | Ellenor 我们必须告诉你 |
[22:39] | What if he showed up here again? | 如果他再到事务所来怎么办 |
[22:41] | What if he saw Jimmy or me? | 如果他看到Jimmy和我怎么办 |
[22:46] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[22:51] | He’s not a bad person, Rebecca. | 他不是坏人 Rebecca |
[23:01] | I slept with him last night. | 他昨天在我家过夜的 |
[23:14] | What are you gonna do? | 你准备怎么办 |
[23:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:31] | I remember looking for a cat. | 我记得当时在找猫 |
[23:34] | But do you have a cat? | 可是你有猫吗 |
[23:36] | No. | 没有 |
[23:38] | And do you remember what happened before that? | 你记不记得在那之前的事情 |
[23:41] | Going to bed. | 我上床睡觉 |
[23:44] | I had been having bad anxiety attacks all day. | 那一整天 我一直很焦虑 |
[23:48] | I had gone to see Dr. Peters | 我去看了Peters医生 |
[23:50] | and we had tried the hypnotherapy again. | 他又给我做了催眠疗法 |
[23:53] | And he had given me some medication, | 他给我开了些药 |
[23:55] | but the attacks kept coming. | 但是症状并没有缓解 |
[23:57] | When you say attacks… | 你所说的症状… |
[23:58] | I would just shake and tremble. | 我会哆嗦 发抖 |
[24:02] | So I called my husband. | 于是我给丈夫打电话 |
[24:04] | He was still at work. | 他还在加班 |
[24:05] | I told him I was going to bed. | 我跟他说我要上床睡觉了 |
[24:08] | And when I woke up | 当我醒来的时候 |
[24:10] | I was outside looking for a cat that I don’t have. | 我在室外找一只并不存在的猫 |
[24:13] | Mrs. Hanson, | Hanson太太 |
[24:14] | We were all a little surprised to learn | 得知你跟你的医生有婚外情 |
[24:16] | that you were having an affair with your doctor. | 我们都有一点惊讶 |
[24:20] | It has nothing to do with this. | 跟这个案子没有关系 |
[24:23] | Well, can you give the jury any explanation? | 嗯 你可以跟陪审团解释一下吗 |
[24:29] | I suppose I fell in love with him. | 我想我是爱上他了 |
[24:33] | These horrible things were happening to me | 我当时正在经历的那些可怕的事情 |
[24:36] | and he was the only one who really seemed | 他是唯一一个能够真正理解 |
[24:39] | to understand or sympathize. | 和同情我的人 |
[24:44] | Mrs. Hanson | Hanson太太 |
[24:47] | did you knowingly kill your husband? | 你是不是有意识地杀死了你的丈夫 |
[24:52] | No. | 不是 |
[24:54] | I did not. | 我没有 |
[24:57] | I thought she sounded good. | 我觉得她听起来还比较可信 |
[24:59] | How about the mock jury? | 模拟陪审团怎么看 |
[25:01] | They thought she came off sympathetic. | 他们觉得她显得让人同情 |
[25:02] | But hacking up your husband isn’t something you’d forget. | 但是劈死丈夫可不是那么容易忘记的 |
[25:05] | I just took a call from Barbara Landers. | 我刚接到Barbara Landers的电话 |
[25:07] | She works at the Lizzie Borden Historical Society in Fall River. | 她在福尔河的丽兹·玻顿历史协会工作 |
[25:10] | She’s been following the case. | 她一直在关注这个案子 |
[25:11] | Lizzie Borden had a cat. | 丽兹·玻顿有只猫 |
[25:13] | She killed it by chopping off its head. | 她杀掉了它 砍下了它的头 |
[25:15] | It’s too late for that. | 已经太晚了 |
[25:16] | Yeah, probably. | 嗯 也许 |
[25:22] | It’s time for the audible. | 我们需要改变策略了 |
[25:27] | What’s the audible? | 什么策略 |
[25:30] | We get to put the doctor back up there | 我们要让医生再次出庭作证 |
[25:32] | and rehabilitate him. | 让他重新作证 |
[25:33] | Which is what I’ve been saying. | 我一直在提这个建议 |
[25:34] | He’s sympathetic. | 他很有同情心 |
[25:35] | I think the jury still wants to like him. | 我觉得陪审团仍然会喜欢他 |
[25:37] | Yeah, but if he’s a hostile witness | 嗯 但是如果他作为敌意证人 |
[25:39] | it isn’t worth it. | 那就不值得冒这个险 |
[25:43] | Forget it. | 不可能 |
[25:44] | If I get up there again, I’ll… | 如果我再去作证 我会… |
[25:46] | Do you wanna help her or not? | 你到底想不想帮她 |
[25:47] | If I thought I could. | 如果我有这个能力的话 |
[25:48] | You might. | 你有 |
[25:48] | There’s nothing to lose. | 反正你至少不会损失什么 |
[25:50] | Maybe there was a couple of days ago. | 也许几天前会有损失 |
[25:51] | Now? | 现在? |
[25:51] | Meaning what? | 什么意思 |
[25:52] | People are laughing at me? | 人们已经在嘲笑我了? |
[25:53] | I’m a joke? | 我已经成了个笑话? |
[25:54] | If I thought that, | 如果我真这么想 |
[25:55] | would I be calling you up to the stand again? | 我还会再传你上庭作证吗 |
[25:56] | You’re calling me because things are desperate. | 你传我作证是因为你走投无路了 |
[26:03] | My kids watch the news. | 我的孩子看了新闻报道 |
[26:08] | I don’t think I need to go through round two. | 我不想再经历一次 |
[26:11] | Noah, the other experts did a pretty good job | 另外那个专家Noah表现很好 |
[26:13] | of documenting this past-life phenomena. | 有力地支持了”前世人生”现象 |
[26:15] | I think the possibility is still alive. | 我觉得这种可能性依然存在 |
[26:18] | But only you can say that | 但只有你能说 |
[26:22] | that’s what happened to Marie. | 发生在Marie身上的正是这种现象 |
[26:50] | You’ve been kind of quiet tonight. | 你今天晚上话不多 |
[26:53] | Yeah, well, once I sleep with a man, | 嗯 一旦我跟别人上了床 |
[26:56] | I don’t talk to him anymore. | 我就不跟他说话了 |
[26:58] | Really? | 真的? |
[27:00] | Everything okay? | 你没事吧 |
[27:02] | Yeah. It’s… | 嗯 只是… |
[27:04] | It’s just a case. | 是我在办的案子 |
[27:06] | Everything’s fine. | 没什么 |
[27:08] | You sure? | 你确定? |
[27:09] | Positive. | 确定 |
[27:15] | Well, I guess I’m going home tonight. | 呃 我想今天我要回自己家了 |
[27:20] | I’m just beat. | 我心情不好 |
[27:22] | Otherwise… | 不然… |
[27:23] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[27:24] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[27:31] | I’ll call you tomorrow. | 我明天给你打电话 |
[27:47] | Tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[28:00] | All set? | 都准备好了? |
[28:01] | Ready. | 准备好了 |
[28:02] | Are they here? | 他们来了吗 |
[28:02] | No, they’re late again. | 还没有 他们又迟到了 |
[28:03] | Let them catch up. | 让他们赶我们吧 |
[28:04] | How do you feel? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[28:05] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[28:06] | I’ll do it if… | 我可以接手 如果… |
[28:07] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[28:08] | I’ll do it. | 我来 |
[28:09] | You gotta pounce. | 你要一举成功 |
[28:10] | Bobby Bobby. | |
[28:11] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[28:16] | I’ll be able to watch on this? | 我可以全程监控? |
[28:17] | I’d like you to. | 是的 |
[28:18] | If he’s at all ambiguous with Rebecca, | 如果他对Rebecca产生怀疑 |
[28:20] | we’ll need you to pin him down. | 我们需要你去制服他 |
[28:21] | He doesn’t try to disguise anything. | 他没有试图掩饰什么 |
[28:23] | He just flat out says it. | 他说得非常清楚明确 |
[28:24] | If he wants to do any kind of full examination… | 如果他提出做全面的检查… |
[28:26] | I’ll be going to the bathroom. | 我就去卫生间 |
[28:27] | All right. | 好的 |
[28:28] | Good luck. | 各位好运 |
[28:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[28:30] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[28:33] | Given it more thought? | 你仔细考虑过没有 |
[28:34] | If I were gonna hang a shingle, | 如果我要办事务所 |
[28:36] | I’d just do it with you. | 我只跟你一个人合作 |
[28:38] | Gamble and Dole. | Gamble和Dole |
[28:39] | We don’t need them. | 我们不需要他们 |
[28:44] | Late. | 你们迟到了 |
[28:46] | Twenty to. | 还有二十分钟 |
[28:48] | We’re fine. | 没关系 |
[28:49] | You talk with Peters? | 你跟Peters谈过没有 |
[28:51] | He’s set. | 没问题 |
[28:52] | Am I gonna take him? | 我来盘问他吗 |
[28:53] | Eugene’ll do it. | Eugene来负责 |
[28:55] | Okay. Let’s go. | 好了 我们走 |
[28:56] | We’re off. | 我们走吧 |
[29:01] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[29:04] | Helen Gamble Ally McBeal Helen Gamble. Ally McBeal. | |
[29:06] | Hi. I’ve been looking for a skirt that short. | 嗨 我一直想买一条那样短的裙子 |
[29:09] | I haven’t been able to find one. | 可是始终买不到 |
[29:11] | Well, they’re not really in yet. | 哦 它们还没上市呢 |
[29:12] | But they’ll be coming back. | 但是不久就会上市的 |
[29:14] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:14] | How can you be sure? | 你怎么这么确定 |
[29:15] | I’m wearing one. | 因为我在穿了 |
[29:23] | We don’t like her. | 我不喜欢她 |
[29:26] | Doctor, | 医生 |
[29:27] | you admitted that she could have faked all this. | 你承认她有可能是假装的 |
[29:29] | I said it’s possible, | 我只是说有这个可能性 |
[29:30] | but I certainly don’t think she was. | 但我绝不认为这是事实 |
[29:32] | But let’s be fair. | 实事求是地说 |
[29:33] | All the stuff she uttered about Lizzie Borden, | 她所说的那些关于丽兹·玻顿的事情 |
[29:35] | she could’ve looked that up at a library. | 她可能是从图书馆看来的 |
[29:37] | If a patient were faking hypnosis, | 如果病人假装被催眠 |
[29:38] | I would see it. | 我是看得出来的 |
[29:40] | Now, sometimes, | 有时候 |
[29:40] | things can be suggested | 在病人被催眠的状态下 |
[29:42] | to a patient under hypnosis, | 可以向其暗示某些事情 |
[29:44] | right? | 对吗 |
[29:45] | Certainly. | 当然 |
[29:45] | For example, | 比如说 |
[29:46] | if under hypnosis | 在催眠状态下 |
[29:47] | you suggested to her all that Lizzie Borden stuff, | 你向她暗示关于丽兹·玻顿的这些事情 |
[29:50] | then we would… | 这样… |
[29:51] | I didn’t do that. | 我没有这么做 |
[29:51] | I’m speaking rhetorically, doctor. | 我是说假如 医生 |
[29:53] | Now, suppose you went to the library | 假设你去了图书馆 |
[29:55] | suppose you looked up all that | 假设你查阅了所有关于 |
[29:57] | Lizzie Borden stuff | 丽兹·玻顿的事情 |
[29:58] | suppose while under hypnosis, | 假设在催眠状态下 |
[30:00] | you told her | 你告诉她 |
[30:01] | that she was Lizzie Borden in a prior life. | 她的前世是丽兹·玻顿 |
[30:03] | Suppose you planted in her unconscious | 假设你在她无意识的时候植入这些想法 |
[30:06] | when you brought her out, | 当她清醒过来之后 |
[30:07] | she might believe it as the truth. | 她可能会觉得这些就是事实 |
[30:08] | – I certainly didn’t… – My question, doctor… | -我绝对没有 -我的问题是 医生… |
[30:10] | Is that possible using hypnotherapy? | 有没有可能通过催眠达到这样的效果 |
[30:14] | Are you suggesting I hypnotized her | 你是说我用催眠唆使她 |
[30:17] | into killing her husband? | 杀了自己的丈夫? |
[30:18] | Is that possible? | 有没有这种可能 |
[30:18] | That’s what I’m… | 我问的是… |
[30:19] | No, counsel, | 没有 律师 |
[30:20] | it isn’t. | 不可能 |
[30:20] | You can’t use hypnosis to get somebody to commit a murder. | 你不可能利用催眠唆使他人谋杀 |
[30:23] | That’s ridiculous. | 这是无稽之谈 |
[30:24] | Any doctor would tell you so. | 任何医生都会这么回答你 |
[30:27] | Doctor, | 医生 |
[30:27] | where were you the night Mark Hanson was murdered? | Mark Hanson被杀的那天晚上你在哪里 |
[30:30] | Objection. | 反对 |
[30:31] | I’m entitled to ask this witness questions. | 我有权盘问证人 |
[30:33] | The objection is overruled. | 反对无效 |
[30:35] | Where were you when he was killed? | 他被杀的时候你在哪里 |
[30:36] | Objection! | 反对 |
[30:37] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[30:38] | My client came to you that day. | 我的当事人那天去找过你 |
[30:40] | You prescribed medication. | 你给她开了药 |
[30:41] | You told her to take a full milligram of Xanax. | 你让她服用了一毫克的阿普唑仑 |
[30:44] | Didn’t you? | 是吗 |
[30:45] | She was suffering severe anxiety. | 她有严重的焦虑症 |
[30:47] | A full milligram of Xanax would knock her out cold | 一毫克的阿普唑仑会让她丧失意识 |
[30:50] | for two hours, | 达两个小时 |
[30:50] | maybe three. | 或许三个小时 |
[30:51] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么呢 |
[30:52] | I’m saying that you loved her. | 我说的是你爱她 |
[30:54] | That you planted all that past-life bunk | 你把这些”前世人生”的想法 |
[30:56] | in her head. | 植入她的大脑 |
[30:57] | That you went to her house while she was out, | 你在她出去的时候去了她家 |
[30:58] | killed her husband | 杀掉了她的丈夫 |
[30:59] | knowing that when she came to | 因为你知道当她回来的时候 |
[31:01] | with all that Lizzie Borden stuff swirling in her mind | 头脑中全是丽兹·玻顿的那些事情 |
[31:03] | that she might think | 她可能会觉得 |
[31:04] | she must have done it. | 一定是自己杀的人 |
[31:06] | That’s what I’m suggesting, doctor. | 这就是我想说的 医生 |
[31:07] | I think you watch a little too much television, counsel. | 我觉得你电视看太多了 律师 |
[31:10] | Do I? | 是吗 |
[31:13] | Like you say | 如你所说 |
[31:15] | a person couldn’t do something under hypnosis | 人们在清醒的时候不会去做的事情 |
[31:18] | or while under a blackout | 在催眠状态或者 |
[31:19] | that she couldn’t do while conscious. | 意志丧失的状态下也不会做 |
[31:21] | Like you say, | 像你说的 |
[31:23] | it’s not in this woman’s character | 根据这位女士的本性 |
[31:25] | to commit that kind of violence. | 她不可能实施那样的暴力犯罪 |
[31:27] | Add up all the things that you’ve said,doctor, | 把你所说的这些全部放在一起来看 医生 |
[31:29] | somebody else must’ve done it. | 凶手肯定另有其人 |
[31:30] | Who? | 是谁 |
[31:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:34] | She had no motive. | 她没有杀人动机 |
[31:35] | If she wanted to divorce her husband, | 如果她想跟丈夫离婚 |
[31:37] | she could have done that. | 她可能会这么做 |
[31:39] | She was the one with the money. | 有财产的是她自己 |
[31:40] | The only one here with a motive is you, doctor. | 这里唯一有杀人动机的是你 医生 |
[31:42] | Is he allowed to do this? | 他可以这么做吗 |
[31:44] | You went there with a hatchet. | 你带着斧头去了她家 |
[31:45] | All right, this is enough. | 行了 够了 |
[31:46] | You chopped that man up. | 你砍死她的丈夫 |
[31:47] | You killed him, didn’t you? | 你杀了他 不是吗 |
[31:48] | Counsel! | 律师 |
[31:49] | I’m not even gonna dignify that. | 你完全是血口喷人 |
[31:50] | I’ll ask you the same question. | 我问你一个同样的问题 |
[31:52] | Where were you when it happened? | 案发时你在哪里 |
[31:54] | Home. | 在家 |
[31:55] | Anybody who could verify that? | 有人可以证明吗 |
[32:01] | No. | 没有 |
[32:02] | Even on TV, | 哪怕在电视上 |
[32:03] | they have a better alibi. | 他们也会有更好的不在场证明 |
[32:05] | Objection! | 反对 |
[32:06] | How’s your practice doing, doctor? | 你的诊所生意怎么样 医生 |
[32:08] | Drying up, isn’t it? | 经营困难 不是吗 |
[32:08] | What is the relevance? | 有什么关联性 |
[32:10] | The relevance is this man is failing as a doctor. | 关联性在于他的医生执业很不顺 |
[32:12] | That isn’t true! | 不是这样的 |
[32:13] | He’s a hack, faced with closing shop. | 他处境艰难 快要关门了 |
[32:15] | He needed money, she had it. | 他需要钱 而被告有钱 |
[32:17] | He was desperate! | 他走投无路 |
[32:18] | There’s your killer! | 他就是凶手 |
[32:19] | Objection! | 反对 |
[32:20] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[32:28] | Mr. Donnell, | Donnell先生 |
[32:29] | Mr. Donnell? | Donnell先生 |
[32:30] | That was a cheap stunt. | 这是卑劣的伎俩 |
[32:31] | No comment. | 无可奉告 |
[32:32] | You guys’ll try anything. | 你们不择手段 |
[32:32] | It’s all a big game to you. | 在你们看来只是一场游戏 |
[32:34] | Fine day for a circus. | 当做马戏团的表演 |
[32:36] | I’m gonna take a pulse of the mock jurors. | 我去问问模拟陪审员的意见 |
[32:38] | Take a stab with Dawson? | 去跟Dawson谈谈? |
[32:39] | Maybe we shook him. | 也许我们给了他重重一击 |
[32:40] | Manslaughter? | 非蓄谋杀人? |
[32:41] | Who knows. | 谁知道呢 |
[32:42] | Could I talk to you for a second in private? | 我可以跟你单独谈谈吗 |
[32:58] | Do you believe he committed the murder? | 你真的相信他是凶手吗 |
[33:00] | We don’t know for a fact he didn’t. | 我们不能排除他是凶手的可能性 |
[33:01] | That’s not what I asked. | 你没有回答我的问题 |
[33:03] | Do you think he did it? | 你觉得他是凶手吗 |
[33:05] | It’s not up to me to decide… | 这不是我需要考虑的问题… |
[33:06] | Ok, that’s twice you’ve ducked the question, | 你仍然没有回答我的问题 |
[33:08] | which you can continue to do. | 好啊 你可以继续回避 |
[33:09] | But I’m gonna ask you one more time just for fun. | 但是我要再问一次 就当取乐 |
[33:11] | Do you think he did it? | 你觉得他是凶手吗 |
[33:14] | No. | 不是 |
[33:18] | And yet you can attack him in open court, | 但是你却在公开的法庭上攻击他 |
[33:20] | accusing him of being a murderer… | 说他是凶手… |
[33:21] | We’re trying to defend a client.Ally | 我们在给当事人辩护 Ally |
[33:24] | Why didn’t you tell me the plan? | 你为什么事先不跟我说 |
[33:25] | Because I figured you would have a problem. | 因为我觉得你不会赞同 |
[33:27] | I couldn’t risk you tipping off Peters. | 我怕你会告诉Peters 我不能冒这个险 |
[33:28] | That’s why. | 原因就在这里 |
[33:29] | So if this man isn’t already humiliated, | 那么即便他之前没有受到羞辱 |
[33:30] | he’s certainly ruined now. | 他现在也绝对被你们毁了 |
[33:32] | Do you realize that he has two small children? | 你知不知道他有两个小孩子 |
[33:34] | Did that even factor into your thinking? | 你有没有丝毫顾及过这个问题 |
[33:36] | Our thinking was we needed something to say | 我们顾及的是 我们在结案陈词的时候 |
[33:38] | in our closing argument. | 需要有东西可说 |
[33:40] | We needed to be able to get up and say, | 我们要能够站出来说 |
[33:41] | “Maybe somebody else did it.” | “也许凶手另有其人” |
[33:43] | When we found out Peters was home alone, | 当我们发现Peters案发时独自在家 |
[33:44] | we thought, “Why not try?” | 我们就想到 “可以试一试” |
[33:46] | The prosecution can’t disprove a negative. | 检方没有证据来反驳 |
[33:48] | All we need is reasonable doubt with one juror. | 我们只需要有一位陪审员产生合理怀疑 |
[33:52] | You’re disgusting. | 你真恶心 |
[33:55] | Which is exactly why you came to me. | 所以你才会来找我 |
[33:57] | Murder cases are ugly, Ally. | 谋杀案很肮脏 Ally |
[34:00] | You guys didn’t wanna get your hands dirty, | 你们不想弄脏自己的手 |
[34:01] | so you came to us. | 所以才来找我们 |
[34:03] | We did the dirty work. | 我们可以干脏活 |
[34:04] | If we get the acquittal, | 如果这个案子我们打成无罪 |
[34:06] | I’m sure you’ll stick it on your résumé. | 我相信你会写进自己的简历 |
[34:07] | You make it sound so good. | 你说得如此振振有词 |
[34:09] | If I close my eyes, | 如果我闭上眼 |
[34:09] | I can almost see you as a hero. | 我几乎会把你当作英雄 |
[34:11] | Too bad my eyes are open. | 只可惜我睁着眼 |
[34:12] | If they’re open, | 如果你睁着眼 |
[34:13] | try to see the real world. | 那就好好看看这个真实的世界 |
[34:14] | You basically offered a lie into evidence. | 你差不多是用谎言来作为证据 |
[34:16] | That is not lawyering in the real world, Bobby. | 这不是真实世界的律师作为 Bobby |
[34:18] | That is what lawyers like you | 只是你这样的律师 |
[34:20] | claim to rationalize what you are. | 用来为自己找理由的借口罢了 |
[34:24] | You know what I am? | 你了解我吗 |
[34:26] | Do you? | 你了解自己吗 |
[34:31] | The key, | 关键是 |
[34:32] | you can’t say “dull ache.” | 你不能说”钝痛” |
[34:34] | Dull pain goes away. | 钝痛去得快 |
[34:36] | Shooting pain is chronic. | 刺痛是长期的 |
[34:38] | It radiates. | 呈放射状 |
[34:39] | I got it. | 我明白 |
[34:40] | Let that be his word, | 这要让他来说 |
[34:40] | not yours. | 你不要说 |
[34:41] | “Radiate” sounds a little clinical. | “放射状”听起来有点专业 |
[34:43] | If he hears anything… | 如果他… |
[34:44] | He knows I’m being treated. | 他知道我在接受治疗 |
[34:45] | All the same. | 都一样 |
[34:46] | Just say “shooting pain,” | 你只说”刺痛” |
[34:47] | all right? | 明白吗 |
[34:48] | Remember, like arrows. | 记住 像箭头一样 |
[34:49] | He’s not gonna demand an MRI. | 他不会要求做核磁共振 |
[34:51] | They won’t agree to pay for it. | 他们不会同意支付这笔费用 |
[34:53] | The thing is, | 问题在于 |
[34:53] | these insurance doctors, | 这些保险公司的医生 |
[34:54] | they’re not interested so much | 他们并不真正关心 |
[34:55] | in rooting out your medical problems | 如何彻底治好你的病 |
[34:57] | as they are in covering their own asses. | 他们只关心如何降低自己的风险 |
[34:59] | Nothing we’re talking about | 我们所说的所有这些 |
[35:00] | shows up on an x-ray. | 都不能用X光片来验证 |
[35:01] | The fact that your lawyer’s already got a number from them, | 只要你的律师让他们给出一个赔偿数目 |
[35:04] | you’re home. | 一切就搞定了 |
[35:05] | This will settle quickly. | 这种事可以很快达成和解 |
[35:12] | Do we know for sure? | 我们能确定吗 |
[35:15] | Nobody saw it. | 没有人看到 |
[35:17] | Now, maybe she did it in some insane trance. | 也许她是在意识不清的情况下杀了人 |
[35:20] | But maybe | 但是 也许 |
[35:21] | Dr. Peters came in after she was unconscious. | Peters医生在她丧失意识后出现了 |
[35:26] | It would be perfect, wouldn’t it? | 很完美 不是吗 |
[35:28] | A person suffers blackouts, memory loss | 一个患有暂时意识丧失 失忆的人 |
[35:30] | suggests to her she’s a killer from a past life. | 暗示她前世是个杀人凶手 |
[35:32] | So when she wakes up and finds her husband dead, | 于是当她醒来发现丈夫死了的时候 |
[35:35] | she thinks: | 她会想 |
[35:36] | “My God, maybe I did it.” | “上帝啊 也许是我杀的” |
[35:38] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[35:39] | We know he loved her. | 我们知道他爱她 |
[35:41] | He would stand to be rich. | 他会因此变得有钱 |
[35:43] | He gave her the medication | 他给她开了药 |
[35:44] | and he told her to take enough to knock her out. | 让她服用的剂量足以让她丧失意识 |
[35:47] | Doctor? | 医生 |
[35:50] | Doctor? Dr. Peters, | 医生 Peters医生 |
[35:53] | please sit down. | 请坐下 |
[35:56] | Dr. Peters, | Peters医生 |
[35:58] | if you don’t sit | 如果你不坐下 |
[35:59] | l’ll have you removed by the bailiff. | 我会命令法警将你逐出法庭 |
[36:04] | Take your seat now! | 马上坐下 |
[36:15] | Put it down! | 放下枪 |
[36:18] | No! | 不要 |
[36:59] | You guys okay? | 你们还好吧 |
[37:01] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[37:01] | Ally? Ally? | |
[37:03] | Fine. | 没事 |
[37:05] | The judge called a mistrial. | 法官宣布了无效审判 |
[37:07] | We get to do this all over again. | 我们必须从头来过 |
[37:10] | Great. | 那很好 |
[37:13] | Eugene? Eugene? | |
[37:16] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[37:20] | No. | 不好 |
[37:25] | It’s everything you thought it would be, Billy? | 这跟你预想的是否都一样 Billy? |
[37:28] | You like playing at this level? | 你喜欢这样的方式吗 |
[37:45] | Ally Ally. | |
[37:50] | I am not going to apologize | 如果没有参与这个案子 |
[37:53] | for not being up for this. | 我也不会觉得遗憾 |
[37:55] | Criminal law is… | 刑事诉讼是… |
[37:57] | Is… | 是… |
[37:58] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:02] | It’s not my world. | 不属于我的世界 |
[38:07] | And I don’t want it to be. | 我也不想进入这个世界 |
[38:13] | And I’m not gonna feel less than just because I… | 这种感觉不会改变 不会仅仅因为… |
[38:40] | Right in front of everybody? | 当着所有人的面? |
[38:42] | How did he get a gun in a courtroom? | 他怎么把枪带进法庭的 |
[38:44] | They think he must have bypassed the detector. | 他们认为他绕过了安检仪 |
[38:47] | He was in and out so much, | 他每天进进出出的 |
[38:48] | security maybe thought he was a lawyer. | 保安可能以为他是个律师 |
[38:50] | Oh, my God. | 哦 上帝啊 |
[38:51] | How’s Bobby? | Bobby怎么样 |
[38:52] | Eugene says not so good. | Eugene说不太好 |
[38:54] | I’m going down. | 我走了 |
[38:55] | I’ll call and let you know, | 有新情况我会给你打电话 |
[38:57] | okay? | 好吗 |
[38:58] | What? | 怎么了 |
[38:59] | Spivak. He’s coming. | Spivak 他来了 |
[39:00] | Jimmy! Come on, Jimmy. | Jimmy 快点 Jimmy |
[39:01] | Quick, quick, quick! | 快 快 快 |
[39:02] | Come on, come on! | 过来 过来 |
[39:06] | Hey, Fred. | 嗨 Fred |
[39:07] | Hi. How are you? | 嗨 你好 |
[39:08] | Excuse me. | 我出去了 |
[39:11] | Hi. Hi. | 嗨 嗨 |
[39:13] | Surprise. | 给你个惊喜 |
[39:25] | They’re beautiful. | 好漂亮啊 |
[39:30] | I’ve been missing you. | 我思念你 |
[39:31] | I can’t stop thinking of you. | 我没法停止想你 |
[39:40] | I’ve been thinking a lot about you too. | 我也一直在想你 |
[39:42] | And I’ve come to take you to dinner. | 我来约你一起吃晚饭 |
[39:46] | No escape. | 不许推脱 |
[39:52] | Sure. | 当然 |
[40:19] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[40:40] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[40:42] | He did it. | 是他杀的 |
[40:45] | I talked to Detective Kale. | 我跟Kale警官谈过 |
[40:49] | The police found traces of her husband’s blood in his car. | 警方在他车上找到了死者的血迹 |
[40:58] | He left a note. | 他留下了一份遗书 |
[41:01] | And her? | 那她呢 |
[41:03] | She didn’t know anything about it. | 她完全不知情 |
[41:09] | Your theory turned out to be true. | 你的假设原来就是事实 |
[41:15] | What do you know? | 世事难料 |
[41:23] | I’m sorry for some of the things that I said. | 我很抱歉我说了些不该说的话 |
[41:28] | You haven’t said anything | 你所说的那些 |
[41:30] | I haven’t heard before. | 我也不是第一次听到 |
[41:35] | Or I won’t continue to hear as long… | 以后还会继续听到 只要… |
[41:47] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |