时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Helen Helen. | |
[00:08] | Jimmy, what are you doing here? | Jimmy 你怎么来了 |
[00:10] | That’s my priest in there. | 里面的人是我的神父 |
[00:11] | Your priest? | 你的神父? |
[00:12] | And my client, I guess, | 我想 也是我的当事人 |
[00:13] | from what little the detective said. | 从警官透露的有限消息来看 |
[00:14] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[00:15] | Well, your priest is in a little bit of trouble. | 呃 你的神父有点小麻烦 |
[00:18] | He killed somebody. | 他杀了人 |
[00:22] | Come on. | 跟我来吧 |
[00:29] | Ma’am. | 女士 |
[00:35] | Father. | 神父 |
[00:38] | Jimmy, thank you for coming. | Jimmy 谢谢你赶过来 |
[00:40] | I did not do this. | 我没有杀人 |
[00:41] | All right, calm down. | 首先 冷静一下 |
[00:43] | They read you your rights? | 他们向你宣读权利了? |
[00:44] | Yes, yes. | 是的 是的 |
[00:45] | I didn’t do this. | 我没有杀人 |
[00:46] | Okay. Don’t say another word to nobody. | 好的 不要跟任何人谈话 |
[00:48] | How old? | 多少岁 |
[00:50] | Sixteen, maybe. | 16岁上下 |
[00:51] | Coroner thinks he’s been dead about a day. | 验尸官认为他已经死了一天了 |
[00:54] | Cause of death, fractured skull. | 死亡原因 颅骨破裂 |
[00:58] | He’s innocent, Helen. | 他是无辜的 Helen |
[01:01] | He never could have done something like that. | 他不可能做出这样的事情 |
[01:04] | Swear to God. | 我发誓 |
[01:53] | I don’t like it. | 我不喜欢 |
[01:55] | You will. | 你会喜欢的 |
[01:56] | When a client walks in the front door, Bobby, | 当客户走进我们的大门 Bobby |
[01:58] | he comes in with hope. | 他是带着希望来的 |
[01:59] | This place shouldn’t look so dark and gloomy. | 我们的办公室不能显得黑暗和阴森 |
[02:02] | Anything new on the priest? | 神父的事情有什么进展 |
[02:03] | Jimmy’s already gone down for the arraignment. | Jimmy已经过去处理聆讯了 |
[02:05] | Do we think he can handle this? | 他处理得过来吗 |
[02:07] | He can do it. | 他没问题 |
[02:10] | Spivak alert. | Spivak警报 |
[02:11] | You have got to keep him away from here. | 你得想办法让他不要到这里来 |
[02:14] | Where am I supposed to…? | 我往哪里躲… |
[02:20] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[02:21] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[02:22] | Can I steal a second? | 能占用你几分钟吗 |
[02:25] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[02:25] | Let’s go into the conference room. | 我们去会议室吧 |
[02:27] | – Good. – Okay. | -好的 -好 |
[02:29] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[02:34] | That camera better not be on. | 摄像机最好别开 |
[02:36] | It won’t, but Ellenor… | 不会开的 但是Ellenor… |
[02:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:42] | Case number 32622. | 案号32622 |
[02:44] | Commonwealth versus Michael Ryan, | 马萨诸塞州诉Michael Ryan |
[02:46] | murder in the first degree. | 一级谋杀 |
[02:47] | James Berluti for the defendant, your honor. | James Berluti为被告辩护 法官阁下 |
[02:49] | We’ll waive reading | 我们放弃宣读权利 |
[02:50] | enter a plea of not guilty, | 做无罪辩护 |
[02:52] | and I’d be asking he’d be released on his own recognizance. | 请求自我保释 |
[02:53] | Commonwealth opposes bail. | 检方反对保释 |
[02:55] | On what grounds? | 基于什么理由 |
[02:56] | On what grounds? | 基于什么理由? |
[02:57] | He’s got a lot of closet space. | 他的衣柜还有很大的空间 |
[02:59] | “On what grounds?” | 你问我基于什么理由? |
[03:00] | All right. No bail. | 行了 不许保释 |
[03:02] | We’ll conference on Wednesday | 我们周三10点钟再会面 |
[03:05] | at 10 to set schedules. | 安排审判日程 |
[03:06] | Next. | 下一个 |
[03:07] | Case number 32651. | 案号32651 |
[03:09] | People versus Grimmer. | 被告Grimmer |
[03:11] | That was sarcastic-rude. | 你的嘲讽很伤人 |
[03:13] | Jimmy, first degree murder. | Jimmy 这是一级谋杀案 |
[03:15] | You ask, “On what grounds?” | 你问我”基于什么理由”? |
[03:17] | Even so, | 即便如此 |
[03:17] | I’m working with your office on this sting. | 我正在协助你们部门调查保险诈骗 |
[03:19] | I deserve better than sarcastic-rude. | 你不应该这样嘲讽我 |
[03:24] | It’s just that we were doing so well, | 只是 我们本来发展得很好 |
[03:26] | and then suddenly… | 然后 突然之间… |
[03:29] | Things just piled up here, Fred, I… | 我只是事情太多了 我… |
[03:30] | Don’t feed me that, Ellenor. | 别拿这些借口糊弄我 Ellenor |
[03:32] | If you’ve lost interest, | 如果你对我没兴趣了 |
[03:34] | say so, but don’t string me along. | 跟我直说 别这样拖着我 |
[03:36] | I’ve been hurt before | 我曾经被人伤害过 |
[03:37] | and I’m not… | 我不想… |
[03:39] | Just tell me. | 跟我说实话 |
[03:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:44] | I… | 我… |
[03:47] | I ran into somebody | 我碰到一个朋友 |
[03:50] | who said that she was treated by you | 她说你在给她治疗 |
[03:52] | and she wasn’t really hurt. | 她其实没有受伤 |
[03:56] | And you… | 而你… |
[03:58] | You told her how to fool the insurance companies. | 你告诉她怎样欺诈保险公司 |
[04:02] | Oh | 哦 |
[04:04] | Yeah, “Oh.” | 嗯 哦 |
[04:07] | Are you a crook, Fred? | 你在参与诈骗吗 Fred? |
[04:11] | I’m not gonna lie to you. | 实话跟你说 |
[04:11] | I barely make ends meet. | 我的经济压力很大 |
[04:13] | I’ve got school to pay for with my kids, and… | 我要付孩子们的学费 而且… |
[04:17] | yeah, sometimes I help people | 是的 有时候我帮别人 |
[04:18] | collect more from their insurance. | 从保险公司得到不该得的钱 |
[04:19] | You could go to jail for that. | 你会为此坐牢的 |
[04:21] | I know, I’m just… | 我知道 我只是… |
[04:22] | It’s till I turn the corner. | 我只想渡过眼前的难关 |
[04:26] | You know, when it’s yourself, | 要知道 单身的时候 |
[04:27] | it’s easy to go without. | 什么都好应付 |
[04:29] | When it’s your kids… | 但是有了孩子… |
[04:30] | I think more than anything else, | 我觉得 孩子们最需要的 |
[04:31] | kids want a father they can be proud of. | 恰恰是一位能让他们引以为荣的父亲 |
[04:33] | Yeah, very well said. | 嗯 说起来好听 |
[04:37] | So this ends us? | 那么我们就此结束了? |
[04:39] | It might. | 也许 |
[04:40] | Well, I guess it couldn’t have been much to begin with. | 我想 也许我们根本就不应该开始 |
[04:42] | My mistake. | 都是我的错 |
[04:44] | It is your mistake. | 的确是你的错 |
[04:47] | And don’t kid yourself about that. | 不要做出一副很无辜的样子 |
[04:58] | Hanging like a pendulum. | 始终摇摆不定 |
[04:59] | Helen Helen. | |
[05:01] | Oh, here we go. | 哦 你又来了 |
[05:03] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[05:04] | Every time I have to see something dead, | 每次我有什么事情已经无可挽回的时候 |
[05:06] | you say it’s time to move on. | 你都说该向前看 |
[05:08] | Let me just tell you something. | 我这么跟你说吧 |
[05:09] | We have been on a big winning streak. | 我们打赢了一系列的案子 |
[05:11] | We’re about to get featured in the National Law Journal. | 《全国法律杂志》即将对我们做专题报道 |
[05:13] | Yes, as a firm that skirts ethical… | 是啊 作为一家将法律职业伦理… |
[05:15] | It’s a favorable column. | 是一篇正面的报道 |
[05:17] | We are growing. | 我们在成长 |
[05:18] | You should see what I’m doing with the offices. | 你该看看我重新布置过的办公室 |
[05:20] | All we need is a press release saying | 我们现在只需要发个新闻稿 |
[05:23] | we’ve landed a juicy plum. | 说我们有高手加盟 |
[05:25] | You’re it. | 像你这样的 |
[05:26] | The town’ll take notice. | 可以吸引全市的注意 |
[05:29] | You have a profile. | 你有名气 |
[05:32] | Even if I were gonna jump to private, | 即便我想转作律师 |
[05:34] | your firm? | 去你们事务所? |
[05:35] | You’re in love with a guy I used to sleep with. | 你爱上了我曾经的恋人 |
[05:38] | Do you really want me up there as a juicy plum? | 你真的希望我去你们事务所吗 |
[05:41] | You can take Bobby. | 你可以占有Bobby |
[05:42] | He’s much more fun | 他这个人 没到手的时候觉得好 |
[05:44] | wanting than having. | 真得到了则未必 |
[05:45] | Helen, how many other places are there | Helen 你想想有几个去处 |
[05:47] | where you can have fun | 能够让你愉快地工作 |
[05:48] | and basically be your own boss? | 还基本上能自己当老板 |
[05:49] | And make money? | 还能赚到钱? |
[05:51] | We’re making money. | 我们在赚钱 |
[05:55] | They said he’d been dead there the whole day. | 他们说他已经死在你那里一整天了 |
[05:58] | Did you know this kid? | 你认识这孩子吗 |
[06:00] | No. | 不认识 |
[06:01] | He could have looked different | 他的脸变成青紫色 |
[06:02] | with his head all purple. | 可能跟生前看起来不一样 |
[06:04] | I didn’t know the boy, Jimmy. | 我不认识这孩子 Jimmy |
[06:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:08] | Any idea how he | 你知不知道他的尸体 |
[06:09] | ended up in your office? | 为什么会在你的办公室 |
[06:12] | Jimmy, you do believe I’m innocent? | Jimmy 你相信我是无辜的吧 |
[06:14] | Of course I do. | 当然相信 |
[06:16] | This isn’t a question with me. | 我丝毫不会怀疑 |
[06:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:26] | I didn’t tell him it was you. | 我没跟他说是你… |
[06:27] | Ellenor… Ellenor… | |
[06:29] | Even so. | 即便如此 |
[06:31] | I didn’t tell him anything about anything. | 我什么都没有跟他说 |
[06:32] | So what if I did? | 即使说了又怎么样 |
[06:33] | You already got everything you need. | 你已经得到你们需要的证据 |
[06:35] | – There’s nothing… – No, we didn’t, | -没有必要… -还没有 |
[06:37] | I have to go back. | 我必须再去一趟 |
[06:38] | What? | 什么 |
[06:39] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:40] | Dickie Flood thinks I was too ambiguous. | Dickie Flood认为我说得含糊不清 |
[06:43] | He wants it more clear that | 他希望证据明确地显示 |
[06:44] | we were conspiring to commit fraud. | 我们是在共谋实施诈骗 |
[06:46] | Come on, I saw the tape. | 得了吧 我看了录像 |
[06:47] | It looked pretty definite. | 我觉得已经相当明确了 |
[06:48] | He says it’s possible to interpret that I’m hurt. | 他说有可能理解为我是真的受了伤 |
[06:51] | And he’s trying to show me how to convince the doctor. | 而他只是在教我怎样说服医生 |
[06:54] | I have to be more clear that I’m not really hurt. | 我必须清楚地表示我没有真的受伤 |
[06:57] | You know what? | 听我说 |
[06:58] | I didn’t give you away. | 我没有泄露你的身份 |
[07:00] | Are you going to? | 你会泄露吗 |
[07:04] | You gonna tell him? | 你要告诉他吗 |
[07:07] | Probably not. | 也许不会 |
[07:09] | You got the wrong guy, Helen. | 你们抓错人了 Helen |
[07:10] | I’m telling you, it’s prejudice. | 我告诉你 你们这是偏见 |
[07:12] | Prejudice? | 偏见? |
[07:13] | Yes, prejudice. | 没错 就是偏见 |
[07:14] | Any time a young kid gets sexually molested | 每次有小孩遭受性骚扰 |
[07:16] | everybody says, “Check out the priest.” | 人们都会说 “查一查神父” |
[07:18] | It’s bigotry. | 这是歧视 |
[07:19] | Jimmy, prejudice aside, | Jimmy 不管是不是歧视 |
[07:21] | the victim was found in your client’s office. | 受害者的尸体在你的当事人办公室 |
[07:23] | I know Father Ryan. | 我了解Ryan神父 |
[07:24] | I’d vouch for him | 我可以为他的品行担保 |
[07:26] | like I’d vouch for you. | 就像我可以为你担保一样 |
[07:30] | All right, | 那好 |
[07:31] | will he at least give us a statement? | 他能不能配合我们做个笔录 |
[07:33] | Right now we have no other leads. | 目前 我们没有任何线索 |
[07:38] | You knew this boy? | 你认识这孩子吗 |
[07:39] | No, I didn’t. | 不 不认识 |
[07:40] | Never seen him before? | 从来没有见过他? |
[07:41] | Never. | 从来没有 |
[07:42] | Let me just throw out a general softball here. | 现在请你回答我一个简单的问题 |
[07:44] | Anything you can say to give us some clue | 能不能给我们提供一点线索 |
[07:47] | some hint as to who could have done this | 关于凶手可能是什么人 |
[07:49] | why he’d be hanging in your closet. | 关于死者为什么会死在你的衣柜里 |
[07:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:54] | I really don’t know. | 我真的不知道 |
[07:59] | Father, | 神父 |
[08:01] | you go on the Internet in your office? | 你在自己的办公室上网吗 |
[08:03] | All the time. | 经常上 |
[08:04] | I’m actually a little bit addicted to it. | 老实说我有点沉迷上网 |
[08:07] | What kind of websites do you frequent? | 你经常浏览哪一类的网站 |
[08:10] | News, research, chat lines. | 新闻 研究 聊天 |
[08:12] | I use it for pretty much everything. | 我用它来做很多事情 |
[08:15] | Do you ever visit any child pornography websites? | 你有没有访问过儿童色情网站 |
[08:20] | I most certainly do not. | 绝对没有 |
[08:22] | Do you ever visit any pedophile websites? | 有没有访问过恋童癖的网站 |
[08:24] | – No. – This is over. | -没有 -到此为止 |
[08:25] | – I’m just trying… – No, this is over! | -我只想… -够了 到此为止 |
[08:28] | I’ll talk to you in a few minutes. | 我一会再跟你谈 |
[08:29] | I need to speak with Ms. Gamble. | 我要跟Gamble女士说几句话 |
[08:32] | Alone. | 单独说 |
[08:36] | Let’s go, Father. | 我们走 神父 |
[08:43] | What the hell is that? | 这算怎么回事 |
[08:44] | Jimmy, your client was hardly being forthcoming. | Jimmy 你的当事人对我们不够坦诚 |
[08:46] | Did he strike you as being cooperative? | 你觉得他在配合调查吗 |
[08:47] | He’s scared. | 他只是有点怕 |
[08:48] | What’s the crap about porno? | 你说的色情是怎么回事 |
[08:49] | The FBI’s been tracking pedophile sites | 联邦调查局一直在跟踪恋童癖网站 |
[08:52] | as part of a general undercover operation. | 这是他们秘密行动的一部分 |
[08:54] | Your client was on them. | 你的当事人是他们的调查对象 |
[08:56] | What? | 什么 |
[08:57] | Yes. | 没错 |
[08:59] | Your voucher for this guy isn’t holding up. | 你为他的品行所做的担保不太靠得住 |
[09:05] | Don’t lie to me. | 不要骗我 |
[09:06] | I am not lying. | 我没有骗你 |
[09:07] | – I would nev… – They got proof! | -我绝不可能… -他们握有证据 |
[09:09] | I don’t care what they have! | 我不管他们有什么 |
[09:10] | I would never go on the Internet and do anything like that. | 我绝不会在网上干这种事情 |
[09:13] | How do they get this wrong? | 他们怎么可能搞错 |
[09:14] | They either have the wrong computer | 要么是他们搞错了电脑的地址 |
[09:16] | or somebody else was on it. | 要么是其他人用了我的电脑 |
[09:18] | A lot of people have access to my office, Jimmy. | 很多人都可以进我的办公室 Jimmy |
[09:25] | Look, Father, | 听我说 神父 |
[09:26] | and don’t argue back. | 别急着反驳 |
[09:28] | I just want you to listen to what I say real careful, | 我希望你非常仔细地听完我说的话 |
[09:30] | and then answer. | 然后回答我的问题 |
[09:32] | Can you do that? | 能做到吗 |
[09:34] | Yeah. | 好 |
[09:38] | You don’t go to jail for surfing | 在网上浏览儿童色情网站 |
[09:39] | child porn sites on the Web. | 不至于让你进监狱 |
[09:41] | You go away forever | 如果他们证明你犯了谋杀罪 |
[09:43] | if they get you for murder. | 你会被判终生监禁 |
[09:46] | Now, I understand it’s embarrassing | 我理解 承认你在网上 |
[09:49] | to say you talk to boys and girls on the Internet. | 跟小男孩 小女孩聊天是件不光彩的事情 |
[09:52] | It could even cost you your parish. | 甚至可能会让你丢掉教职 |
[09:53] | But we gotta be concerned with saving your life here. | 但眼下我们最关心的是挽救你的性命 |
[09:56] | We can’t be caught in a lie. | 我们不能让人抓住我们说谎的把柄 |
[09:58] | Coz if they think you’re lying | 因为如果他们发现 |
[09:59] | on this Internet thing | 你在上网这件事情上说谎 |
[10:01] | they’ll think you lied about the other. | 他们会觉得你在其它事情上同样说谎 |
[10:05] | I did not kill anybody, Jimmy. | 我没有杀人 Jimmy |
[10:08] | I did not access any pornography on the Internet. | 我在网上也没有上过任何色情网站 |
[10:13] | That is my answer | 这是我对你的回答 |
[10:14] | and it’s the truth. | 这也是事实真相 |
[10:24] | How can I not tell the guy? | 我怎么能不告诉他 |
[10:26] | I’m sleeping with him. | 我已经跟他上床了 |
[10:28] | You’re still sleeping with him? | 你还在跟他上床吗 |
[10:31] | I’ve tried to avoid him for the last week or so, | 我这一个星期都在躲着他 |
[10:33] | but it’s so… | 但是… |
[10:37] | He is not a bad man, Eugene. | 他不是坏人 Eugene |
[10:41] | Ellenor, he’s a criminal. | Ellenor 他是罪犯 |
[10:44] | You know, there are a lot of good people | 要知道 有很多的好人 |
[10:46] | who leave out a few things | 在申报退税的时候 |
[10:47] | when they’re filing their tax returns. | 会有意隐瞒一些东西 |
[10:49] | There are a lot of honest people | 有很多诚实正直的人 |
[10:51] | who take home a few pencils from the office. | 会从办公室拿几只铅笔回家 |
[10:53] | He’s got kids. | 他要供养孩子 |
[10:54] | Insurance fraud is a billion-dollar industry. | 保险诈骗可是价值几十亿的行当 |
[10:56] | Come on. He’s not bilking billions of dollars! | 算了吧 他又没骗到几十亿的钱 |
[10:58] | It’s more than a few pencils. | 但肯定不止几支铅笔 |
[11:00] | Jimmy committed a little bank fraud. | Jimmmy也干过欺骗银行的事 |
[11:02] | We didn’t just overlook it, we hired him, | 我们不仅没当回事 我们还聘用了他 |
[11:04] | because we knew that… | 因为我们知道… |
[11:12] | I may be in love with him. | 我也许爱上他了 |
[11:16] | And he trusts me. | 而且他信任我 |
[11:20] | How can I not tell him? | 我怎么能不告诉他 |
[11:22] | Because you’ll be putting Bec at risk. | 因为你会令Bec陷于危险的境地 |
[11:27] | Eugene, he’s not gonna hurt Rebecca. | Eugene 他不会伤害Rebecca的 |
[11:38] | Ellenor Ellenor, | |
[11:39] | you can’t tell him. | 你不能告诉他 |
[11:44] | You know you can’t. | 你知道你不能这么做 |
[11:57] | Your office is never locked? | 你的办公室从来不锁门? |
[11:59] | Not during the day. | 白天都不锁 |
[12:00] | The computer is basically there for everybody. | 几乎每个人都可以用那台电脑 |
[12:02] | Well, how many people work here at the church? | 有多少人在这个教堂工作 |
[12:04] | Full-time, about 11. | 全职的 大概11个 |
[12:05] | And your desk. | 你的办公桌 |
[12:07] | You’d see anybody who’d go in, right? | 进来的人你都看得到 对吧 |
[12:09] | During business hours. At night… | 在工作的时候是的 至于晚上… |
[12:11] | Well, I’m sure custodians would have access. | 呃 我想管理员可以进来 |
[12:13] | Did anybody repeatedly go in to use the computer? | 有没有人经常去你的办公室用电脑 |
[12:16] | Barbara Martin in Accounting. | 我们的会计Barbara Martin |
[12:19] | But she’s 76. | 但是她已经76岁了 |
[12:21] | I hardly think she’s into child porn. | 我相信她不会对儿童色情有兴趣 |
[12:25] | Could you make a list of | 你能不能列个单子 |
[12:26] | all the people who go in and out of the office? | 把能够进出办公室的人都列出来? |
[12:29] | I already have. I gave it to the police. | 我已经列出来了 交给警察了 |
[12:31] | Could you give me a copy? | 可不可以给我一份副本 |
[12:32] | I guess. | 可以 |
[12:34] | Mr. Wall. | Wall先生 |
[12:36] | You got any idea who could have done this? | 你知不知道凶手可能是什么人 |
[12:39] | Not Father Ryan. | 肯定不是Ryan神父 |
[12:41] | You sure? | 你确定? |
[12:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:42] | How? | 为什么 |
[12:44] | I know him. | 我了解他 |
[12:51] | Helen Gamble? Helen Gamble? | |
[12:52] | I floated the idea. | 我提出了这个建议 |
[12:54] | Working here? | 到这里来工作? |
[12:55] | Before you go off… | 你先好好想… |
[12:56] | There isn’t enough drama without this? | 你还嫌我们这里好戏不够多吗 |
[12:57] | Look, Bobby, if you’re over her, | Bobby 如果你跟她已经结束了 |
[12:59] | then what’s the problem? | 那还有什么问题 |
[13:00] | – If you’re not… – Are you Cupid now? | -如果你不… -你以为你是丘比特吗 |
[13:02] | She’s a great lawyer. We all know it, | 她是个了不起的律师 我们都知道 |
[13:03] | it’d be a huge coup. | 她来了的话对我们是很大的帮助 |
[13:05] | The question goes to all the personal stuff. | 问题在于这些私人关系 |
[13:08] | Well, as questions go, that’s a good one. | 啊 你总算说到点子上了 |
[13:10] | If you think no, fine. | 如果你不同意 那就算了 |
[13:11] | But let’s think first. | 但至少先考虑考虑 |
[13:13] | Hey, if I can handle it… | 如果我能处理好… |
[13:14] | Why would you handle it? | 为什么你来处理 |
[13:15] | That strikes me as too healthy. | 我觉得你有点过于热心了 |
[13:17] | I’ll handle it because it makes sense to. | 因为我有理由这么做 |
[13:19] | Now that I’m partner, i’m vested here. | 我现在是合伙人 我投了钱的 |
[13:21] | I’m not stopping at painting the walls. | 我会继续对事务所做些改变 |
[13:23] | At least you’re honest about that. | 至少你肯承认这一点 |
[13:25] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[13:25] | First, as partner. | 首先 作为合伙人 |
[13:26] | Now you are bringing in your friends, | 你现在想把自己的朋友带过来 |
[13:27] | building up your little power nucleus. | 组建你的权力小圈子 |
[13:29] | – Excuse me? – Eugene. | -你说什么呢 -Eugene |
[13:30] | I like Helen Gamble, Bobby… | 我很欣赏Helen Gamble Bobby… |
[13:31] | What’s the problem, Eugene? | 你有什么问题 Eugene |
[13:33] | Problem is, she’d be in your camp. | 问题是 她会加入你们的阵营 |
[13:34] | That makes me especially nervous. | 这尤其让我感到担心 |
[13:35] | What are you so insecure about? | 你究竟担心什么呢 |
[13:36] | I’m inscure about you not leaving off | 我担心的是你所做的不仅仅是 |
[13:38] | with just a paint job. | 刷墙这么简单 |
[13:39] | – Hold on. – Both of you hold on. | -闭嘴 -你们俩都闭嘴 |
[13:41] | Eugene, you were in my office | Eugene 你曾在我的办公室 |
[13:42] | supporting Lindsay and her plans for growth. | 表态支持Lindsay和她的成长计划 |
[13:44] | Supporting the idea of growth, yes. | 我是支持成长的想法 没错 |
[13:46] | I’m not in favor of her taking over. | 我不赞成由她来接管事务所 |
[13:48] | You put her and Helen Gamble together, | 你让她跟Helen Gamble联手 |
[13:49] | they’ll be springing little power plays. | 她们就会掌控事务所 |
[13:51] | Look, she hates criminals, | 她不喜欢刑事案件 |
[13:53] | you know Helen hates criminals. | 你知道Helen不喜欢刑事案件 |
[13:55] | I’m not gonna spend my days | 我不希望把每天的时间花在 |
[13:57] | reading the fine print on stock options. | 审查股票期权的附加条款上 |
[13:58] | Well, who said anything about that? | 谁说我们要做那些业务了 |
[14:01] | I signed up with you, Bobby. | 我是把你当成我的合伙人 Bobby |
[14:03] | You chauvinistic pig. | 你这个狭隘盲目的猪 |
[14:04] | No wonder your shirts shrink. | 怪不得你的衬衣要缩水 |
[14:09] | He deserved that. | 他自找的 |
[14:20] | Jimmy, I think it’s game over. | Jimmy 我觉得这个案子可以了结了 |
[14:22] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[14:23] | The victim had a one-room studio in Brighton. | 受害人在Brighton有个单间工作室 |
[14:26] | Police searched it. | 警方进行了搜查 |
[14:28] | Turned up e-mail correspondence | 发现了他跟你的当事人之间的 |
[14:30] | from your client. | 电子邮件通讯 |
[14:31] | We also lifted prints that match Father Ryan’s. | 我们还提取到了与Ryan神父相符的指纹 |
[14:33] | Telephone records also show | 通话记录也显示 |
[14:35] | the Father called the boy from his residence. | 神父从他的住处给这个孩子打过电话 |
[14:38] | Here’s the deal. | 这样吧 |
[14:40] | If he cooperates and confesses, | 如果他配合并如实供述 |
[14:43] | we’ll go murder two. | 我们会以二级谋杀起诉 |
[14:45] | Otherwise, it’s murder one all the way. | 否则的话 只能是一级谋杀 |
[14:51] | If they could make murder one, | 如果他们能够证明一级谋杀 |
[14:53] | she wouldn’t offer murder two. | 她不会给出二级谋杀的条件 |
[14:55] | Agree to nothing. | 不要接受 |
[14:57] | Now, Jimmy, this Father | Jimmy 这位神父 |
[15:02] | it doesn’t sound like he’s gonna “art in heaven.” | 听起来 他也不是什么”天上的圣父” |
[15:05] | Bobby, it can’t be. | Bobby 不可能是他 |
[15:09] | I know this guy like I know my own mother. | 我像了解我妈一样了解这个人 |
[15:11] | Look, if you kill somebody | 你想想 如果你杀了人 |
[15:14] | you’re not gonna hide him in your own office, right? | 你不会把尸体藏在自己的办公室 对不对 |
[15:17] | I mean, it’s gotta be better ways | 我是说 如果想逃脱谋杀罪 |
[15:19] | to get away with murder than hanging the victim | 把死者吊在自己的衣柜里 |
[15:20] | in your own closet. | 肯定不是最好的办法 |
[15:21] | Well, you’re assuming it has to make sense. | 你是在假设这一切都有道理可循 |
[15:24] | I know him, Bobby. | 我了解他 Bobby |
[15:26] | This makes no sense. | 这完全没道理 |
[15:49] | Not everything is so cut-and-dried, Ellenor, | 不是所有的事情都那么黑白分明 Ellenor |
[15:51] | I hope you never have to be in my shoes. | 但愿你永远不要面临我的处境 |
[15:54] | Did you come in here to lecture me? | 你今天来是想教训我吗 |
[15:56] | You fight in here for people that commit homicides. But… | 你可以一直为那些谋杀犯而抗争 可是… |
[15:59] | Those people are called clients. | 那些人是我们的客户 |
[16:01] | I don’t sleep with them, | 我不跟他们上床 |
[16:02] | I represent them. | 我是他们的律师 |
[16:03] | But the fact that you did slept with me, | 但是我们确实上过床 |
[16:04] | that should count for something. | 这是不容忽略的事实 |
[16:05] | Why don’t you look by my faults, for God’s sake… | 你为什么就不能宽容我的缺点呢 老天… |
[16:06] | It’s a crime, it’s not a fault! | 这是犯罪 不是缺点 |
[16:09] | Yeah, it’s a crime! damn it! | 是 是犯罪 该死的 |
[16:10] | It’s a crime against an insurance company! | 这是对保险公司的犯罪 |
[16:11] | If you came here to paint yourself as Robinhood… | 如果你是来把自己说成罗宾汉… |
[16:14] | No, I came in here… | 不 我来是因为… |
[16:15] | People do get hurt. People do die. | 有人为此受伤 有人为此丧命 |
[16:17] | Your colleagues stage accidents | 你的同伙制造车祸 |
[16:19] | and innocent people get killed! | 以致无辜的人为此送命 |
[16:20] | I’ve never been involved in anything | 在我所从事的这份工作中 |
[16:22] | where anyone has gotten killed. | 从来没有杀害过任何人 |
[16:23] | But you could be. | 但始终有这个可能性 |
[16:25] | And you know that, Fred. | 你心知肚明 Fred |
[16:26] | How can you stand there | 你怎么能够若无其事地站在这里 |
[16:27] | and pretend that this isn’t despicable? | 假装这一切不是卑鄙无耻的呢 |
[16:32] | It is criminal. | 这是犯罪 |
[16:34] | It is immoral. | 是罪恶 |
[16:39] | I’m getting out of it. | 我马上就退出 |
[16:42] | Well, it’s a little too late. | 已经太晚了 |
[16:52] | Well, consider me punished. | 这算是对我的惩罚吧 |
[17:01] | Because I love you. | 因为我爱你 |
[17:09] | That friend you treated? | 找你治疗的那个朋友 |
[17:13] | Rebecca Washington. | 她叫Rebecca Washington |
[17:16] | What? | 什么 |
[17:17] | She’s working with the DA, Fred. | 她在协助检察官调查 Fred |
[17:20] | She already got you on camera once. | 她已经取得了对你的录影证据 |
[17:22] | She’s planning to come in again tomorrow, | 她准备明天再去一次 |
[17:23] | get some more footage. | 取得更多录影 |
[17:25] | Only I’m gonna call her | 不过我会给她打电话 |
[17:28] | and tell her not to go. | 告诉她别去了 |
[17:37] | You work late? | 在加班吗 |
[17:41] | I wanna know what you know. | 我想找你了解一些事情 |
[17:42] | I already told you what I know. | 我知道的都已经告诉你了 |
[17:44] | You’re hiding something. | 你隐瞒了一些东西 |
[17:45] | You either tell me what, | 你要么自己告诉我 |
[17:47] | or I’ll go to the police | 要么我就去报警 |
[17:48] | and they’ll get it out of you. | 他们会查个水落石出 |
[17:59] | I had an affair with the Lawson kid. | 我跟那个叫Lawson的孩子有恋情 |
[18:03] | A homosexual affair? | 你们是同性恋? |
[18:08] | I’m the one who likes young boys. | 喜欢年轻男孩的人是我 |
[18:13] | It was me on the Internet, | 经常上网的人也是我 |
[18:15] | me sending the e-mails. | 那些电子邮件是我发的 |
[18:18] | Father Ryan found out. | Ryan神父发现了 |
[18:21] | He killed the boy. | 他杀掉了那个孩子 |
[18:23] | He? | 他? |
[18:26] | Why? | 为什么 |
[18:28] | Mr. Berluti, | Berluti先生 |
[18:30] | I’m a terrible typist. | 我是个蹩脚的打字员 |
[18:33] | I’m not sitting here | 我能坐在这个位置上 |
[18:35] | for my office skills. | 不是因为我的办公技能 |
[18:39] | Father Ryan and I are lovers. | Ryan神父和我是情人 |
[18:50] | What the hell am I supposed to do now? | 你说我现在该怎么办 |
[18:52] | I’m sorry. L… | 对不起 我… |
[18:54] | Sorry? | 对不起? |
[18:55] | You’re sorry? | 你说对不起? |
[18:58] | Ellenor Ellenor, | |
[18:59] | we’ve been working on this sting for two months. | 我们这个诱捕计划已经实施了两个月 |
[19:01] | We’re almost there | 我们几乎就要成功了 |
[19:02] | you ruin it, | 全被你毁了 |
[19:03] | and you tell me you’re sorry? | 你跟我说声对不起就没事了? |
[19:07] | I’m very sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[19:10] | You know, you could be arrested for this. | 你知道吗 你可以因此被逮捕 |
[19:11] | Obstruction of justice. | 妨碍司法 |
[19:15] | Come on, Rebecca. | 你想想 Rebecca |
[19:16] | How could I not? | 我怎么能够不这么做 |
[19:18] | I’m standing in front of him, eye to eye. | 我站在他面前 正视着他的眼睛 |
[19:20] | How moral is that? | 我怎么能够不说呢 |
[19:23] | Look | 听我说 |
[19:24] | I don’t wanna love him. | 我也不想爱上他 |
[19:28] | But I do. | 但我已经爱上他 |
[19:30] | And he trusts me. | 而他又那么信任我 |
[19:32] | And I am telling you this | 我过来告诉你 |
[19:33] | so that you don’t walk into something. | 是因为我不希望你陷入危险的境地 |
[19:39] | But I couldn’t let him walk into it either. | 但是我同样也不能让他面临危险 |
[19:44] | I don’t know that I won’t arrest you. | 我不敢保证我不会逮捕你 |
[19:46] | Then do it. | 逮捕我吧 |
[19:47] | All right. | 好了 |
[19:48] | I think we can all agree, | 我想大家都清楚 |
[19:49] | these are pretty extreme circumstances. | 这次的情况确实非常特殊 |
[19:51] | Look, you have enough to arrest him anyway. | 你反正都已经取得足够的证据逮捕他了 |
[19:53] | Did you tell him about Jimmy’s involvement? | 你有没有告诉他Jimmy也是我们的人 |
[19:55] | No. | 没有 |
[19:55] | And he still doesn’t know Jimmy’s at your firm? | 他仍然不知道Jimmy是你的同事? |
[19:57] | No. | 不知道 |
[19:58] | But Spivak knows | 但是Spivak知道 |
[19:59] | Rebecca and Berluti are together. | Rebecca和Berluti是一起的 |
[20:01] | And if we… | 如果我们… |
[20:02] | He promised he wouldn’t tip off Mapp. | 他向我保证不会告诉Mapp |
[20:04] | Oh, he promised you? | 哦 他向你保证? |
[20:05] | Yes, and I know he’ll keep it. | 是的 而且我知道他一定信守承诺 |
[20:06] | Because he loves you? | 因为他爱你? |
[20:08] | Okay, okay. | 好了 好了 |
[20:10] | I’m gonna pick him up now and arrest both of them. | 我这就去找他 把他们两个都逮捕了 |
[20:12] | And you? | 至于你 |
[20:17] | You lucked out. | 算你走运 |
[20:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:45] | Yeah, well, | 嗯 原来 |
[20:47] | some people put their relationships before their work. | 还是有人把恋情看得比工作更重要 |
[20:50] | It’s been known to happen. | 还是有这样的事情 |
[20:55] | Something possessed Lindsay to actually share with me | Lindsay最近跟我说 |
[20:58] | she’s running around making job offers. | 她在四处招纳人才 |
[21:00] | Oh, yeah, I know it’s crazy. | 哦 是啊 我知道太异想天开 |
[21:02] | That’s what I told her. | 我就是这么跟她说的 |
[21:03] | Crazy aside | 异想天开之外 |
[21:05] | is it something you’d consider? | 你会不会考虑一下呢 |
[21:10] | Is it something you’d consider? | 你会不会考虑呢 |
[21:16] | It’s all a lie. | 完全是谎言 |
[21:17] | Why would he say it? | 他为什么要说谎呢 |
[21:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:19] | He said you two were lovers, | 他说你们俩是情人 |
[21:20] | he said you killed that kid. | 他说是你杀了那个孩子 |
[21:22] | Why would he say it? | 他为什么要这么说 |
[21:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:24] | You’re gonna go to your grave saying, “I don’t know.” | 你要把这句话带进坟墓 “我不知道” |
[21:26] | Jimmy, I did not kill that kid. | Jimmy 我没有杀那个孩子 |
[21:29] | What were you doing in his apartment? | 你去他的住处做什么 |
[21:31] | I was never there. | 我从来没有去过 |
[21:32] | They found your prints there. | 他们在那里发现了你的指纹 |
[21:36] | What? | 什么 |
[21:37] | Your fingerprints. | 你的指纹 |
[21:38] | They lifted them from inside | 他们在那个孩子的住处 |
[21:39] | the kid’s place. | 提取到了你的指纹 |
[21:42] | Father. | 神父 |
[21:44] | Truth time. | 告诉我真相 |
[21:46] | What the hell is going on here? | 到底是怎么回事 |
[21:48] | Your phone records show | 你的电话记录显示 |
[21:51] | you called this kid. | 你给这孩子打过电话 |
[21:54] | Jimmy, there are some things I do know. | Jimmy 我确实知道一些事情 |
[21:58] | But I learned them in a confession. | 但这些事情是在告解的过程中得知的 |
[22:00] | And I can’t reveal anything I learned during a confession. | 我不能披露在告解中得知的任何事情 |
[22:02] | Father, you’re on the hook here for murder. | 神父 你现在面临谋杀罪的指控 |
[22:05] | Don’t you think I appreciate that? | 你以为我很惬意吗 |
[22:06] | I cannot break the confessional seal, Jimmy. | 我不能违反告解保密义务 Jimmy |
[22:09] | Even to save your own life? | 即使为了救自己的性命也不行? |
[22:10] | No. | 不行 |
[22:20] | So | 这么说 |
[22:22] | you never went to this kid’s place | 你从来没有去过这孩子的住处 |
[22:25] | you never met him, | 你从来没有见过他 |
[22:26] | and you never called him. | 从来没有给他打过电话 |
[22:28] | That’s right. | 从来没有 |
[22:32] | And what about you and your assistant? | 那么你跟你助手之间的事情? |
[22:34] | He is lying. | 他在撒谎 |
[22:35] | Were you two lovers? | 你们俩是情人吗 |
[22:37] | No. | 不是 |
[22:37] | Then why would he say it? | 那他为什么这么说 |
[22:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:40] | He’s lying. | 他在说谎 |
[22:41] | They’re all lying. | 他们都在说谎 |
[22:43] | Everybody’s lying. | 每个人都在说谎 |
[22:44] | Jimmy, I am not a homosexual. | Jimmy 我不是同性恋 |
[22:55] | You really think I’m trying to take over? | 你真的觉得我想掌控事务所吗 |
[22:58] | It isn’t that. | 关键不在这里 |
[23:06] | Then what? | 那是什么 |
[23:09] | I like this place, Lindsay. | 我喜欢这个地方 Lindsay |
[23:11] | So do I. That’s why… | 我也喜欢 所以我才… |
[23:13] | But you want it to change. | 但是你想改变它 |
[23:14] | You keep using the word “grow,” | 你一直说”成长” |
[23:16] | but you really mean change. | 但你其实是想改变 |
[23:18] | Now, I like being a criminal defense lawyer. | 我喜欢做一个刑事辩护律师 |
[23:22] | Your plan, whether you know it or not | 你的计划 不管有心还是无心 |
[23:24] | is to phase out criminal-defense work. | 是要退出刑事辩护领域 |
[23:26] | Eugene, I’d only be looking for a balance. | Eugene 我只是希望寻求更好的平衡 |
[23:28] | Yeah, sounds good. | 嗯 听起来很美 |
[23:33] | Look, if we’re representing some airline | 你想 如果我们为某家航空公司服务 |
[23:36] | and there’s this sudden TRO needing all of us to respond | 突然有个临时禁令需要全体律师参与 |
[23:40] | and I got a kid who’s looking to avoid a parole violation | 而我要去处理某个孩子违反假释的事情 |
[23:43] | it’s not gonna be the airline that gets kicked to the curb. | 肯定会是我的案子为航空公司让路 |
[23:46] | That won’t happen. | 不会发生这种事 |
[23:47] | Lindsay… Lindsay… | |
[23:51] | if a lawyer wants to be rich, | 律师如果想发财 |
[23:52] | if a law firm wants to be flush | 事务所如果想赚大钱 |
[23:55] | you gotta dedicate yourself to corporate clients. | 你就必须全力为公司客户服务 |
[23:58] | Listen to me. | 我告诉你 |
[23:59] | I’ve had 10 offers to cross the street. | 有十来家事务所想挖我去 |
[24:02] | I wanna stay here | 我想留在这里 |
[24:03] | because I like what we are, who we are. | 因为我喜欢我们自己的风格和方式 |
[24:06] | I want growth. | 我要的是成长 |
[24:08] | I don’t want change. | 我不想改变 |
[24:12] | I love this place. | 我爱这个地方 |
[24:16] | Case number 36999. | 案号36999 |
[24:19] | Commonwealth versus Fred Spivak. | 马萨诸塞州诉Fred Spivak |
[24:20] | Racketeering, | 敲诈勒索罪 |
[24:21] | grand larceny by false pretenses. | 以虚假陈述实施的重盗窃罪 |
[24:23] | Ellenor Frutt for the defendant. | Ellenor Frutt为被告辩护 |
[24:25] | Waive reading, plead not guilty. | 放弃宣读权利 无罪辩护 |
[24:27] | Question of bail. | 关于保释的问题 |
[24:28] | Hundred thousand, Your Honor. | 10万保释金 法官阁下 |
[24:30] | That’s a bit excessive,this is his first offense. | 保释金太高了 他并没有前科 |
[24:32] | The defendant is being charged | 被告被指控的 |
[24:33] | with serious racketeering offenses. | 是严重的敲诈勒索犯罪 |
[24:35] | There’s risk of his fleeing the jurisdiction. | 他有逃离审判的危险 |
[24:36] | My client has children in the Commonwealth. | 我的当事人在本地有孩子 |
[24:38] | He has estabilished… | 他已经… |
[24:39] | We’re looking at the possibility of substantial jail time here. | 他有可能被判处较长的刑期 |
[24:42] | Fifty-thousand bond, five cash. | 5万担保券 5千现金 |
[24:44] | I think that’s low, Your Honor. | 我认为太低了 法官阁下 |
[24:47] | Shoot me. | 我已经定了 |
[24:47] | The clerk will notify on scheduling. | 书记员会通知你们时间安排 |
[24:49] | Next. | 下一个 |
[24:50] | Commonwealth versus Erin Voucher. Solicitation. | 马萨诸塞州诉Erin Voucher 招妓 |
[24:53] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[24:54] | I’m helping him until we find another lawyer. | 在我们另外找到律师之前 我先帮他处理 |
[24:56] | “We”? | “我们”? |
[24:57] | It’s just an arraignment, Helen. | 只是聆讯而已 Helen |
[24:59] | Ellenor, you’re too smart for this. | Ellenor 你是个聪明人 |
[25:00] | You shouldn’t be representing him. | 你自己知道为他辩护很不妥当 |
[25:01] | It’s just for the arraignment. | 我只是帮他处理聆讯而已 |
[25:07] | Again? | 又来了? |
[25:08] | You moving in while | 在你当事人坐牢的这段时间 |
[25:10] | your client’s in jail, counsel? | 你要搬过来住吗 |
[25:12] | I don’t find you funny. | 我不觉得你很风趣 |
[25:13] | I don’t like you. | 我不喜欢你 |
[25:15] | And even if Father Ryan were gay, | 而且即便Ryan神父真的是同性恋 |
[25:17] | I can’t see him liking you. | 我觉得他也不喜欢你 |
[25:18] | I can see him feeling sorry for you. | 我觉得他是为你感到惋惜 |
[25:21] | Given that I’m the guy holding the motive card | 考虑到我能够证明杀人动机 |
[25:24] | a card the police are looking for, | 而警方正在寻找这样的动机 |
[25:27] | I’d think you’d pretend to like me. | 我觉得你至少该假装喜欢我 |
[25:36] | Here’s how I see it. | 我认为事实是这样的 |
[25:38] | You and the victim were lovers. | 你跟受害者是情人 |
[25:41] | You killed him, | 你杀了他 |
[25:42] | then you confessed to Father Ryan. | 然后你向Ryan神父忏悔 |
[25:44] | You probably told him where you left the body too. | 你可能还告诉了他你把尸体藏在哪里 |
[25:46] | His prints at the kid’s place? | 他留在那个孩子家里的指纹? |
[25:49] | Coffee cups, a couple of books. | 咖啡杯 几本书 |
[25:50] | Things you could’ve left on the Father’s desk | 你可以把这些东西放在神父的桌子上 |
[25:53] | and planted in the victim’s apartment. | 然后再拿到受害者家里去 |
[25:55] | The phone calls. | 电话记录 |
[25:57] | You probably left messages for Father Ryan | 你可能给Ryan神父电话留言 |
[25:59] | to call you there or something. | 让他给你回电话什么的 |
[26:03] | It sounds like a plan. | 听起来计划周密 |
[26:04] | Perfect. | 简直完美 |
[26:06] | Because it’s all wrapped up inside | 因为你把这些全部置于 |
[26:08] | a confessional seal | 告解保密义务之下 |
[26:09] | which a good priest won’t break for nothing. | 而称职的牧师绝不会违反保密义务 |
[26:12] | And Father Ryan is a good priest. | Ryan神父就是个称职的牧师 |
[26:18] | You would know him. | 你会看透他的真面目 |
[26:22] | And I’m getting a beat on you too. | 我不会放过你的 |
[26:42] | Counsel? | 律师? |
[26:43] | Close enough. | 你知道得太多了 |
[27:01] | Coming through. | 让开 |
[27:02] | What do you got? | 什么情况 |
[27:03] | Multiple abdominal. | 腹部多处伤 |
[27:04] | We need seven units. | 需要七个单位 |
[27:05] | Get a room ready. | 准备好手术室 |
[27:06] | His spleen could have been hit too. | 他的脾脏可能也中枪了 |
[27:07] | How many teams you got? | 你有多少人 |
[27:09] | Get him right to the OR, page Roberts. | 马上进手术室 叫Roberts |
[27:15] | Wait | 站住 |
[27:16] | – You can’t go in there. – I gotta see him. | -你不能进去 -我一定要看他 |
[27:18] | – He’s going into surgery. – I have to see him. | -他马上要动手术 -我必须见他 |
[27:19] | I’m sorry, you can’t go in there. | 对不起 你不能进去 |
[27:30] | Oh, my God. | 哦 上帝 |
[27:31] | I will be right there. | 我马上过去 |
[27:33] | Did you tell Mapp? | 你告诉Mapp了吗 |
[27:35] | What happened? | 什么事 |
[27:36] | Jimmy Berluti just got shot. | Jimmy Berluti中枪了 |
[27:38] | Did you tell Roland Mapp? | 你有没有告诉Roland Mapp |
[27:39] | No. | 没有 |
[27:40] | How’d he find out? | 那他怎么发现的 |
[27:41] | Roland Mapp would never kill anybody. | Roland Mapp绝对不会杀人 |
[27:43] | Did you tell him? | 你到底有没有告诉他 |
[27:45] | No. | 没有 |
[27:55] | Oh, God, no. | 哦 上帝啊 不要 |
[27:57] | Please, no. | 千万不要 |
[28:02] | He’s in surgery. | 他在动手术 |
[28:05] | They don’t know. | 他们还不清楚 |
[28:10] | They don’t know. | 他们还不清楚 |
[28:30] | – Thanks. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -嗯 |
[28:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[28:44] | He’s out of surgery, | 他做完手术了 |
[28:45] | but it’ll be a while | 但还需要观察一段时间 |
[28:46] | before we know. | 才知道效果怎么样 |
[28:47] | His injuries were abdominal. | 他伤在腹部 |
[28:49] | Nothing hit the heart. | 心脏没有受伤 |
[28:50] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[28:51] | ICU. | 重症监护室 |
[28:54] | He’s in a coma. | 他还在昏迷中 |
[28:55] | We’re not sure if his brain was deprived of oxygen. | 我们不确定他的大脑是否经历了缺氧 |
[28:59] | Can I see him? | 我可以看他吗 |
[29:00] | Not yet. | 暂时不行 |
[29:02] | We’ll move him to | 也许我们晚一点 |
[29:03] | a bigger room later maybe. | 会把他转移到大一点的病房 |
[29:04] | But until then… | 但在此之前… |
[29:07] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[29:12] | What are his chances? | 他的机会有多大 |
[29:20] | Tell me what you know! | 把你知道的都告诉我 |
[29:22] | I don’t know anything. | 我什么都不知道 |
[29:24] | He told me something about a confession. | 他跟我说了关于告解的什么事情 |
[29:26] | Even if there were, | 即便真的有 |
[29:28] | I certainly can’t break the seal. | 我当然不能违反保密义务 |
[29:30] | Father, a man’s life is on the line here. | 神父 Jimmy现在生命垂危 |
[29:32] | My life is on the line. | 我的命运也很危险 |
[29:34] | You have a right to your life, | 你有权决定自己的命运 |
[29:35] | not Jimmy’s. | 但不能决定Jimmy的命运 |
[29:36] | I love Jimmy more than you could possibly know. | 你不知道我有多喜欢Jimmy |
[29:39] | Then save him. | 那就赶快救他 |
[29:40] | What if whoever did this wants to finish the job? | 如果枪杀他的凶手继续追杀他怎么办 |
[29:43] | When a parishioner, any parishioner, | 当某个教民 任何一个教民 |
[29:47] | enters the confessional | 走进告解室的时候 |
[29:48] | he has got to be able to rely on his priest. | 他应该能够完全信任他的牧师 |
[29:51] | If he can’t, it’s meaningless. | 否则的话 一切都毫无意义了 |
[29:53] | I would love to make exceptions. | 我也想为他破例 |
[29:56] | But what are we to do? | 但那样的话 我们就成了什么人了 |
[29:57] | Some things we’ll keep quiet | 对有些事情 我们保密 |
[29:59] | and others we won’t? | 有些事情我们不保密? |
[30:02] | Father, I’m a Catholic. | 神父 我也是天主教徒 |
[30:08] | There is nothing godly in covering up for a murderer | 帮谋杀犯掩盖罪行一点都不神圣 |
[30:14] | and protecting somebody who might kill again. | 而且他可能会再次杀人 |
[30:20] | I’m sorry. I can’t help you. | 对不起 我帮不了你 |
[30:42] | We don’t think Roland Mapp is involved. | 我们认为Roland Mapp与这件事无关 |
[30:44] | He’s white-collar, | 他是个白领 |
[30:45] | nothing to indicate he would hire a hit. | 没有迹象显示他会雇佣杀手 |
[30:47] | Jimmy’s the witness that put him away. | Jimmy是可能让他入狱的关键证人 |
[30:49] | Yeah, but he would know we know that. | 是的 但他也清楚我们知道这一点 |
[30:50] | It doesn’t figure to be him. | 我觉得应该不是他 |
[30:53] | They’re letting you in there? | 他们允许你们进去了吗 |
[30:56] | They’re not sure if he can hear us. | 他们不确定他是否能听到我们说话 |
[30:58] | If he can, it may be good, | 医生说 如果他能听到 |
[30:59] | according to the doctors. | 跟他说话有好处 |
[31:00] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[31:03] | Jimmy said something about maybe the priest | Jimmy有没有说过神父有可能是 |
[31:05] | could be covering up for somebody else? | 在帮其他人掩饰罪行 |
[31:07] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得不会 |
[31:09] | He’s the killer? | 神父真的是凶手? |
[31:11] | We’re pretty sure. | 我们非常肯定 |
[31:15] | You didn’t do this, did you? | 不是你干的 是吧 |
[31:18] | Anything new? | 有什么新情况 |
[31:27] | Jimmy, it’s Eugene again. | Jimmy 我是Eugene |
[31:29] | Know we’re all here. | 我们都在这里 |
[31:31] | It’s me, Lindsay. | 是我 Lindsay |
[31:32] | I called your mother | 我给你妈打了电话 |
[31:33] | and told her that you’d be okay. | 我跟她说你不会有事的 |
[31:35] | She’s coming back from Florida to see you. | 她要从佛罗里达过来看你 |
[31:38] | Ellenor, Spivak’s here. | Ellenor Spivak来了 |
[31:58] | Just don’t give up, Jimmy. | 一定要坚持住 Jimmy |
[32:00] | Don’t give up. | 不要放弃 |
[32:03] | Just tell me Mapp didn’t find out about this. | 告诉我 Mapp没有发现我们的计划 |
[32:06] | He couldn’t be connected to anything like this. | 他不可能干这样的事情 |
[32:09] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[32:12] | Look, I’m gonna call you. | 我会给你打电话 |
[32:14] | We have a meeting set up with the DA tomorrow so… | 我们明天要跟检察官会面 所以… |
[32:19] | I’ll call. | 我给你打电话 |
[32:20] | Sure. | 好 |
[32:25] | And if we get the loan, | 如果我们能够得到这笔贷款 |
[32:26] | which I know we will | 我相信没有问题 |
[32:27] | we’ll be able to break through the walls | 我们可以把墙拆了 |
[32:28] | and maybe we can get private offices. | 也许我们可以有独立的办公室 |
[32:30] | Eugene is so excited. | Eugene可高兴了 |
[32:34] | Jimmy, if you can hear me | Jimmy 如果你听到我说话 |
[32:37] | the doctors think it would be best if you try to wake up. | 医生说 如果你醒过来就没事了 |
[32:39] | Hey, Jimmy, you know what? | 嗨 Jimmy 知道吗 |
[32:41] | Rebecca wants to cut her hair again. | Rebecca又想去剪头发了 |
[32:43] | I do not. | 我没有 |
[32:44] | She’s just saying that | 她这么说 |
[32:45] | because you’re lying here in a hospital bed. | 是因为你现在躺在病床上 |
[32:48] | She’s trying to make you laugh. | 她是想逗你笑 |
[32:55] | Try to wake up, Jimmy. | 快醒过来 Jimmy |
[33:42] | Nothing? | 老样子? |
[33:45] | He moves his feet sometimes. | 他有时候会动动他的脚 |
[33:48] | Is that good? | 是不是好现象 |
[33:49] | Just neurological. | 只是神经活动 |
[33:59] | I’ll be back a little later. | 我晚点再过来 |
[34:18] | Jimmy Jimmy | |
[34:22] | if you can hear me | 如果你听到我说话 |
[34:25] | try to wake up. | 努力醒过来 |
[34:28] | If you could… | 如果你能… |
[34:31] | If you could try to wake up, Jimmy, | 如果你能醒过来 Jimmy |
[34:34] | it would be best. | 你就没事了 |
[34:37] | All your reflexes and things are good. | 所有的神经反射和器官都是正常的 |
[34:39] | There isn’t any spinal injuries. | 脊柱也没有受伤 |
[34:42] | We just need you to wake up. | 只要你醒过来 |
[34:49] | If you can hear me, | 如果你听到我说话 |
[34:51] | try blinking your eyes. | 就眨一下你的眼睛 |
[34:56] | Try, Jimmy. | 加油 Jimmy |
[34:57] | Bobby, maybe we shouldn’t push him. | Bobby 不要逼得太急了 |
[35:00] | The doctor says the longer he stays on the… | 医生说他昏迷的时间越长… |
[35:03] | What? | 怎么了 |
[35:05] | He just squeezed my hand. | 他刚握了我的手 |
[35:07] | Well, it could have been a reflex. | 也许只是神经反射 |
[35:08] | If you can hear me, | 如果你听到我说话 |
[35:09] | squeeze my hand again, Jimmy. | 再握一下我的手 Jimmy |
[35:15] | One more time. | 再握一次 |
[35:16] | If you can hear me, squeeze my hand. | 如果你听到我说话 握一下我的手 |
[35:18] | Squeeze. | 握手 |
[35:19] | He’s squeezing my hand. | 他在握我的手 |
[35:22] | My God. | 上帝啊 |
[35:22] | He’s squeezing my hand, he can hear me. | 他在握我的手 他能听到我说话 |
[35:23] | He’s squeezing my hand. | 他在握我的手 |
[35:25] | Jimmy Jimmy. | |
[35:25] | Is he awake? | 他醒了吗 |
[35:26] | Wait, we should wait. | 等一等 我们还需要再等一等 |
[35:28] | Well, it’s a good sign, right? | 这是个好现象 是吗 |
[35:30] | It’s a great sign. | 非常好 |
[35:31] | Now, I think we should let him relax a little. | 现在 我想该让他休息一会 |
[35:35] | He’ll wake up when he wakes up. | 他到时自然会醒过来 |
[35:38] | Just let him rest and sleep. | 让他休息 多睡一会 |
[35:41] | I think you should all go get some rest. | 我觉得你们都该回去休息 |
[35:43] | No, I’m staying. | 不 我要留下来 |
[35:45] | This kind of vigil sometimes | 你们这样看护他 |
[35:47] | can be stressful for a patient. | 可能会给病人带来压力 |
[35:50] | Well, I’ll get rid of everybody else, | 我让其他人都回去 |
[35:52] | but… | 但是 |
[35:54] | l’m staying. | 我要留下来 |
[36:01] | All right, you turn state on Mapp | 这样吧 如果你同意指证Mapp |
[36:04] | we agree to consider it in sentencing. | 我们可以在量刑的时候予以考虑 |
[36:06] | We need something more formal than consideration. | 我们需要更正式一些的东西 |
[36:08] | I can’t give it to you, Ellenor. | 我不能同意 Ellenor |
[36:10] | Your case is not tight. | 你的案子并没有十足的把握 |
[36:12] | Oh, it’s tight enough. | 哦 已经足够了 |
[36:13] | And I’d rather lose him | 而且我宁愿输掉 |
[36:14] | than make a promise that we can’t… | 也不愿意承诺不追究… |
[36:16] | We’re not completely sure that he or Mapp | 我们还不能十分肯定他或者Mapp |
[36:18] | aren’t connected with Jimmy being shot. | 与Jimmy被枪击的事情无关 |
[36:19] | I’m not. | 不关我的事 |
[36:20] | Fine, turn state against Mapp. | 那好 指证Mapp |
[36:23] | We’re done here. | 那就没什么谈的了 |
[36:25] | No, we’re not. | 不 别急 |
[36:29] | I don’t care what the terms are, | 我不在乎刑期 |
[36:30] | I’m gonna plead guilty to everything. | 我同意承认所有的指控 |
[36:33] | Come on, Fred, don’t. | 听我的 Fred 不要 |
[36:34] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[36:38] | Whatever you want. | 我完全配合 |
[36:42] | You’ve got kids. | 你有孩子 |
[36:43] | Yeah. Who, at some point, | 是的 作为父亲 |
[36:45] | need a reason to feel proud of their father. | 我要让他们有理由以我为荣 |
[36:49] | Or at least less ashamed. | 或者至少不让他们觉得丢脸 |
[36:55] | Draw up the deal. | 把认罪协议准备好 |
[37:01] | Mr. Donnell? Is he okay? | Donnell先生 他没事吧 |
[37:04] | I’m Barry Wall. | 我是Barry Wall |
[37:05] | He’d just come to see me before… | 他来找过我 就在他… |
[37:08] | Is he gonna be all right? | 他会没事吗 |
[37:11] | We hope so. | 希望如此 |
[37:12] | He… | 他… |
[37:13] | He really shouldn’t see any visitors. | 他现在实在不方便接待客人 |
[37:17] | Oh, actually, I thought I’d talk to you. | 哦 其实 我是想找你谈谈 |
[37:19] | I didn’t tell the police this | 有件事我没跟警方说 |
[37:23] | and I don’t know how up to | 我不知道你对 |
[37:26] | speed you are with everything. | 整个案件的经过了解多少 |
[37:27] | Well, I’ve been told everything the police know. | 警方知道的都告诉我了 |
[37:29] | What didn’t you tell them? | 你有什么事情没跟警方说 |
[37:32] | Well… | 呃… |
[37:38] | Father Ryan is kind of a connected guy. | Ryan神父是个颇有些关系的人 |
[37:41] | And I’m afraid that once Jimmy learned the truth | 我担心一旦Jimmy了解到事情真相 |
[37:45] | even though he was his lawyer | 即使作为他的律师 |
[37:47] | he might have considered him a liability. | 神父可能会觉得Jimmy对他构成威胁 |
[37:49] | You’re telling me that | 你的意思是 |
[37:51] | the Father might have had Jimmy hit? | 神父可能是雇人杀害Jimmy的主谋? |
[37:54] | All I’ll say | 我想说的是 |
[37:56] | this isn’t a model priest. | 他不是个模范的神父 |
[37:59] | Well, Jimmy thought so. | 但是 Jimmy觉得他是 |
[38:00] | I mean, he was sure of it. | 而且他对此十分肯定 |
[38:02] | He’s really gonna be all right? | 他真的会没事吗 |
[38:29] | When’s the last time you saw Jimmy? | 你最后一次见到Jimmy是什么时候 |
[38:35] | The church. | 在教堂里 |
[38:54] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[38:55] | Stay away or I drop him! | 别过来 不然我就把他扔下去 |
[38:57] | You don’t wanna do this. | 你不能这么做 |
[38:58] | Get the hell back! | 给我退下去 |
[38:59] | Did you shoot him? | 是不是你向他开枪的 |
[39:02] | Did you shoot him? | 是不是你向他开枪的 |
[39:04] | You don’t think I’ll drop you? | 你以为我不会把你扔下去吗 |
[39:07] | Answer me, or you are out the window! | 回答我 不然你就被摔成肉酱 |
[39:09] | You don’t think I’m crazy enough? | 你以为我没那么疯吗 |
[39:11] | Did you shoot him? | 是不是你向他开枪的 |
[39:14] | Yes! | 是我 |
[39:23] | Hey, get off of him. | 嘿 放开他 |
[39:25] | Get back! | 退后 |
[39:26] | Get off of him. Get off! | 放开他 放开 |
[39:27] | I got him, I got him! | 抓住他了 抓住他了 |
[39:31] | He’s all right. | 他没事 |
[39:35] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[39:38] | I’ll be back for you, Mr. Donnell. | 我会回来找你 Donnell先生 |
[39:44] | He shot Jimmy. | 是他枪击Jimmy |
[39:46] | What? | 什么 |
[39:46] | Jimmy… Jimmy can hear. | Jimmy Jimmy听得见 |
[39:49] | He made his hand into a gun. | 他做了个枪的手势 |
[39:50] | You’re bleeding, are you okay? | 你在流血 你没事吧 |
[39:52] | I’m okay, I’m fine. | 没事 我很好 |
[39:53] | And hopefully, not under arrest. | 希望他们不会逮捕你 |
[39:55] | It’s normal size. | 我的头不大 |
[39:56] | Jimmy? Jimmy? | |
[39:58] | They all call me “Big Head.” | 他们都叫我”大头鬼” |
[40:01] | It’s normal size. | 我的头不大 |
[40:03] | I know it’s a regular head. | 跟别人一般大小 |
[40:06] | Yeah, it is, Jimmy. | 嗯 是的 Jimmy |
[40:09] | It’s normal size. | 你的头不大 |
[40:11] | I’m in a hospital. | 我在医院里 |
[40:12] | Can you…? Can you see me? | 你能…你能看到我吗 |
[40:15] | Oh, you look awful, Bobby. | 哦 你怎么这幅模样 Bobby |
[40:20] | But l… | 不过我… |
[40:21] | I feel good. | 我感觉很好 |
[40:22] | Oh, I feel terrible. | 哦 我感觉很不舒服 |
[40:25] | Oh, he shot me. | 哦 他对我开枪 |
[40:26] | You’re gonna be fine. You’re gonna be fine. | 你会没事的 你会没事的 |
[40:28] | So… | 那么… |
[40:29] | His head’s on me. | 他的头靠在我身上 |
[40:32] | Get his head off me. | 把他的头弄走 |
[40:34] | Mine’s normal size. | 我的头不大 |
[40:53] | Barry Wall just confessed | Barry Wall已经供认 |
[40:54] | to killing Donald Lawson. | 杀了Donald Lawson |
[40:56] | He also confessed to shooting Jimmy Berluti. | 还供认枪击Jimmy Berluti |
[41:01] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[41:02] | Thank God? | 感谢上帝? |
[41:04] | He went to that hospital | 他到医院去的目的 |
[41:06] | probably to make sure Jimmy didn’t wake up. | 可能是要让Jimmy永远都不会醒过来 |
[41:11] | The seal is sacred, Ms. Gamble. | 告解保密是神圣的 Gamble小姐 |
[41:13] | So is human life, Father. | 生命也是神圣的 神父 |
[41:20] | You’re free to go. | 你可以走了 |
[41:36] | Drop that queen of spades on me again | 你再把”猪”扔到我家里来 |
[41:37] | and you are dead. | 你就死定了 |
[41:38] | Stop trying to win the jack | 不要企图牵”羊”了 |
[41:40] | and maybe you won’t bite the queen. | 这样估计你就不会吃到”猪” |
[41:42] | Jimmy, stop looking at my hand. | Jimmy 别偷看我的牌 |
[41:44] | I wasn’t looking. You were flashing it. | 我没偷看 是你拿给我看的 |
[41:46] | Don’t play that. | 不能这么打 |
[41:47] | Stop telling me how to play. | 我不需要你教我我怎么打 |
[41:49] | I will tell you. You’re playing for me. | 我要教你 你是在帮我打 |
[41:51] | You were gonna shoot the moon. Don’t fool me. | 你是想打”满贯” 休想糊弄我 |
[41:53] | If I wanted to fool you, | 如果我想糊弄你 |
[41:54] | I’d be ambiguous. | 我才不会让你看出来 |
[41:55] | Just play. | 专心打牌 |
[41:59] | Let’s go, let’s go. | 快点 快点 |
[42:06] | That’s some group. | 多好的团队 |
[42:08] | Oh, yeah. | 嗯 是啊 |
[42:15] | That’s some group. | 多么好的团队 |