| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:04] | Go for your variance, I couldn’t care. | 你只管提出”诉状不符”吧 我不在乎 | 
| [00:06] | You’re in a single family class | 你现在面对的是单亲家庭集体诉讼 | 
| [00:07] | on board by a school district. | 还有社区的支持 | 
| [00:09] | I’m really worried | 我真是担心 | 
| [00:10] | they’re gonna grant you a variance and put up a nightclub(??). | 他们真的会认定”诉状不符” | 
| [00:12] | No, I won’t talk to the families, | 不 我不会和那些家庭谈的 | 
| [00:14] | going into a tunnel. | 车进隧道啦 | 
| [00:32] | Oh my God. | 哦 天啊 | 
| [00:34] | Oh my God. | 哦 天啊 | 
| [01:26] | You gotta calm down, Allan, | 你要冷静下来 Allan | 
| [01:27] | I can’t even understand you. | 我都听不懂你在说什么 | 
| [01:28] | Don’t tell me to calm down, | 别叫我冷静 | 
| [01:29] | I hit a man, Elli, | 我撞了个人 Elli | 
| [01:30] | he could be dead, he is lying in the street. | 他可能死了 他躺在大街上呢 | 
| [01:32] | Have you called the police? | 你报警了吗 | 
| [01:33] | Yes, I called the police. What if I killed him? | 是的 我报警了 他要是死了怎么办 | 
| [01:34] | He is lying in the street. | 他就这么躺在大街上 | 
| [01:35] | You have just gotta to calm down, Allan. | 你必须要冷静下来 Allan | 
| [01:38] | Stop telling me to calm down! | 别叫我冷静了! | 
| [01:39] | Look, calm down! | 听着 冷静! | 
| [01:41] | Now, is there somebody with the guy you hit? | 你撞的那个人 有人和他在一起吗 | 
| [01:43] | Yeah, there’s a crowd around him. | 有啊 有一大群人在围观 | 
| [01:44] | He just darted on in front me and… | 他突然冲到我前面 然后… | 
| [01:46] | oh, he seems to be moving now. | 哦 他好像开始动了 | 
| [01:49] | All right, all right. | 好的 好的 | 
| [01:50] | Ellenor, I have been drinking, | Ellenor 我喝了酒 | 
| [01:53] | but I’m not drunk. | 但是我没醉 | 
| [01:54] | God, I gotta an open bottle of Bourbon in my car, | 天啊 我车里还有一瓶开过的波旁酒 | 
| [01:57] | Should I throw it out? | 我要不要把它扔了 | 
| [01:58] | Allan, I…I can’t advise you to do that. | Allan 我 我不能建议你这么做 | 
| [02:00] | So, what do I do? He is… | 那 我该怎么办 他… | 
| [02:01] | I mean, if he dies, I go to prison. | 如果他死了 我要坐牢的 | 
| [02:03] | I’m not drunk, I swear. | 我发誓 我真的没醉 | 
| [02:04] | All right, how much have you had? | 我问你 你喝了多少酒 | 
| [02:06] | Uh, I don’t know, | 呃 我不知道 | 
| [02:07] | maybe a third of a bottle. | 大概三分之一瓶吧 | 
| [02:09] | Maybe I should just drive off. | 我开车走了算了 | 
| [02:11] | No, no, you cannot drive off. | 不 不 你不能走 | 
| [02:13] | They’ll get you for leaving the scene. | 他们会以肇事逃逸的罪名抓你的 | 
| [02:14] | So tell me what to do! | 那你倒是告诉我该怎么办啊! | 
| [02:17] | You have a bottle of Bourbon right there? | 你那瓶波旁酒还在车上? | 
| [02:19] | Yes, it’s right here. | 对 就在这儿 | 
| [02:20] | I’ve gotta get rid of it. | 我得把它处理掉 | 
| [02:21] | Ok, start drinking it. | 好 把它喝了 | 
| [02:23] | What? | 什么 | 
| [02:23] | To calm your nerves. | 就当是为了让自己冷静一下 | 
| [02:24] | Start drinking it and drink it out in the open, | 把它喝了 在众人面前公开地喝 | 
| [02:27] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上就来 | 
| [02:28] | Ellenor, what? | Ellenor 你说什么呢 | 
| [02:29] | Drink the Bourbon, Allan, now! | Allan 把酒喝了 马上! | 
| [02:35] | I can get up. | 我可以站起来 | 
| [02:36] | No, I wouldn’t. | 不要 别急 | 
| [02:37] | I’d wait for the ambulance. | 等救护车来了再说 | 
| [02:39] | I think I’m ok, I…rolled with it. | 我觉得我没事 我…翻了一下 | 
| [02:41] | Sounded nasty. | 听起来可不妙 | 
| [02:50] | I didn’t kill her. He did. | 我没杀她 是他干的 | 
| [02:51] | Tell us in your own words what happened that night. | 请你告诉我们 那晚发生了什么事 | 
| [02:55] | After talking a lot at the library, | 我们在图书馆聊了很久 | 
| [02:57] | we all went back to the dorm. | 然后就都回宿舍了 | 
| [02:59] | You, your roommate, and Britney Fost? | 你 你的舍友 还有Britney Fost? | 
| [03:02] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [03:03] | So what did the three of you do then? | 那之后你们三个人做了什么 | 
| [03:05] | We just hung out a little, | 我们就玩了一会儿 | 
| [03:08] | thought about seeing a film | 打算看场电影什么的 | 
| [03:10] | and… | 然后… | 
| [03:13] | that…that’s when things… | 然后…事情就变得… | 
| [03:16] | Kevin and Britney started kissing a little. | Kevin和Britney开始接吻 | 
| [03:19] | Then they went into his room. | 之后他们进了他的房间 | 
| [03:21] | What did you do, Joel? | 你做了什么 Joel | 
| [03:23] | I felt a lot uncomfortalbe. | 我觉得非常不舒服 | 
| [03:25] | I mean she was fifteen or so. | 她才十五岁左右 | 
| [03:28] | Tell us what happened next. | 告诉大家之后发生了什么 | 
| [03:31] | I could hear it, | 我听到声音 | 
| [03:32] | it was like there were some muted screams. | 就好像有一些微弱的叫喊 | 
| [03:37] | I had a bad feeling so I went in there. | 我有种不好的预感 所以我进去了 | 
| [03:40] | And what did you see? | 你看见了什么 | 
| [03:42] | I saw him… | 我看见他… | 
| [03:45] | pushing her to the floor, | 把她推倒在地上 | 
| [03:47] | trying to get her clothes off. | 想扯下她的衣服 | 
| [03:49] | He screamed to me to get out. | 他喊着让我出去 | 
| [03:52] | And what did yo do? | 那你呢 | 
| [03:55] | I left. | 我走了 | 
| [03:59] | Joel, why didn’t you stop him? | Joel 你为什么不阻止他 | 
| [04:01] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [04:04] | I guess I was a little scared. | 我想我当时有点害怕 | 
| [04:06] | Why not call the police? | 你为什么不报警 | 
| [04:09] | He was my roommate. | 他是我的舍友 | 
| [04:12] | I think I wanted to believe | 我觉得我当时是想假装 | 
| [04:14] | that nothing was really gonna happen, but… | 不会有什么事情发生 但是… | 
| [04:21] | I was afraid of him. | 我有点怕他 | 
| [04:25] | So you just went for a walk? | 所以你就出门散步去了吗 | 
| [04:27] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [04:28] | And when you got back, you found her dead? | 当你回来的时候 你发现她已经死了? | 
| [04:31] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [04:32] | You saw him molesting her, | 你看见他在骚扰她 | 
| [04:33] | you’re afraid something bad was going to happen, | 你担心会有什么不好的事情发生 | 
| [04:36] | so you just went for a walk? | 于是你就出门散步了? | 
| [04:39] | Asked and answered. | 重复提问 | 
| [04:40] | Anybody see you on this walk? | 有人看到你散步了吗 | 
| [04:44] | I don’t think so. | 应该没有 | 
| [04:45] | Where was Kevin when you got back? | 你回来的时候Kevin在哪儿 | 
| [04:48] | Gone. He came back a few seconds after me. | 不见了 他比我晚一点回来 | 
| [04:51] | He pretended he didn’t do it. | 他装作不是他干的 | 
| [04:53] | That’s when I called the polcie. | 在这种情况下 我就决定报警 | 
| [04:54] | That’s when you both decided | 在这种情况下 | 
| [04:56] | to call the police and have… | 你们两个同时决定报警… | 
| [04:57] | -No, no, he killed her. -Objection. | -不 不是 他杀了她 -反对 | 
| [04:58] | I called the police. | 是我报的警 | 
| [05:01] | How long did you wait for Kevin to get home | 在你报警之前 | 
| [05:03] | before you called the police? | 你等了Kevin多长时间 | 
| [05:05] | I don’t know, not long. | 我不知道 不是很久 | 
| [05:07] | You were looking for his permission to call | 你是在等他的批准再报警呢 | 
| [05:08] | or you just didn’ t know the number? | 还是你不知道报警电话 | 
| [05:10] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [05:11] | Withdrawn. | 收回 | 
| [05:11] | Why did you bother to wait at all? | 你有什么必要等他回来呢 | 
| [05:13] | Why didn’t you just call the police? | 你为什么不直接报警 | 
| [05:15] | I was in shock at first. | 我一开始被吓到了 | 
| [05:17] | And then he came in. | 然后他就回来了 | 
| [05:19] | You strangled her and decided to frame Kevin, | 你掐死了她 然后决定陷害Kevin | 
| [05:22] | -isn’t that what happened, Joel? -Objection. | -是不是 Joel -反对 | 
| [05:23] | -I didn’t do it. -Objection. | -不是我干的 -反对 | 
| [05:24] | You decided to take his story, make it your own. | 你决定把他的经历当成你自己的来说 | 
| [05:26] | -Objection. -Move to strike, objection. | -反对 -请求不予记录 反对 | 
| [05:29] | sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [05:30] | The jury will disregard all of that. | 陪审团请忽略这一段的交叉质询 | 
| [05:38] | I was…I was crossing the street. | 我…我当时在过马路 | 
| [05:39] | I may have darted out a little. | 我可能是突然冲到路上来了 | 
| [05:41] | I…I thought I saw a girl I knew. | 我…我好像看见一个我认识的女孩 | 
| [05:44] | I…I heard a screeching sound | 我…我听到一阵刺耳的声音 | 
| [05:46] | and the next thing I knew I was… | 之后我就不记得了… | 
| [05:48] | He was rolling up my hood and then, and then over. | 他撞上了我的车头然后 然后滚了过去 | 
| [05:50] | And then I thought. | 我就在想 | 
| [05:51] | God, I thought he was dead. | 天啊 我想他肯定死了 | 
| [05:54] | How much have you had the drink, Sir? | 你喝了多少酒 先生 | 
| [05:58] | this much I guess. | 这么多 我想 | 
| [06:00] | I need to calm myself, | 我需要冷静一下 | 
| [06:01] | I…I wasn’t drinking before the accident, | 我…出事之前我没有喝酒 | 
| [06:03] | I just needed to calm myself. | 我就是需要冷静一下 | 
| [06:04] | You just needed to calm yourself? | 你就是需要冷静一下? | 
| [06:06] | I swear. | 我发誓 | 
| [06:07] | Anything else? | 还有别的事情吗 | 
| [06:08] | Allan? Allan? | |
| [06:09] | God, thank you for coming. | 天啊 你来得太好了 | 
| [06:11] | Hi, I’m Ellenor Frutt. | 嗨 我是Ellenor Frutt | 
| [06:12] | He just ran out in front of me. I can’t… | 他就是突然冲到我前面来 我没办法… | 
| [06:14] | Yes, ok, I know. | 是 好的 我知道了 | 
| [06:14] | I’m his attorney. Can I be of any help? | 我是他的律师 我能帮你什么吗 | 
| [06:16] | Ellenor? Ellenor? | |
| [06:17] | Bobby, what are you doing here? | Bobby 你在这儿干嘛 | 
| [06:18] | I’m the guy who got hit. | 我就是被撞的那个人 | 
| [06:20] | What? Are you ok? | 什么 你还好吧 | 
| [06:22] | My back is a little stiff, but… | 我的背还有点僵硬 不过… | 
| [06:25] | what are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 | 
| [06:27] | I’m his…I’m his lawyer. | 我是他的…我是他的律师 | 
| [06:28] | This is Allan Gamm, Bobby Donnell. | 这是Allan Gamm Bobby Donnell | 
| [06:32] | He is your client? The guy who hit me? | 他是你的当事人? 撞到我的人? | 
| [06:34] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [06:34] | Small world, huh? | 世界真小 是吧 | 
| [06:35] | Are you sure that you are ok? | 你确定你没事吗 | 
| [06:37] | Is he drunk? | 他喝醉了吗 | 
| [06:38] | No, he drank after the accident. | 没有 他是出事之后才喝的 | 
| [06:40] | He’s just calming his nerves. | 他只是需要冷静一下 | 
| [06:42] | It’s exactly what he told me, | 他也是这么对我说的 | 
| [06:45] | almost the same words. | 几乎一个字不差 | 
| [06:46] | Oh, that’s because we spoke on the phone. | 哦 那是因为我们之前通了电话 | 
| [06:50] | I’ll let you give ** breathalyzer. | 我要给你做个酒精测试 | 
| [06:52] | Absolutely, we will cooperate anyway we can. | 当然 我们会全力配合的 | 
| [06:58] | Bobby? Bobby? | |
| [06:59] | Yeah, ok. | 是的 好的 | 
| [07:00] | He is fine. | 他没事 | 
| [07:02] | He is ok. He… | 他没事 他… | 
| [07:03] | The guy Ellenor’s client hit | 被Ellenor的当事人撞伤的人 | 
| [07:05] | was Bobby? | 结果是Bobby? | 
| [07:06] | Yeah, he rolled right over the car. | 是的 他从车上滚了过去 | 
| [07:08] | And he is ok? | 他没事吧 | 
| [07:09] | Oh, he says he is, | 哦 他说他没事 | 
| [07:09] | I mean, he is not even going to the hospital, | 他连医院都不准备去 | 
| [07:11] | so he must be ok. He is pretty lucky. | 所以应该没事 他真是运气好 | 
| [07:13] | – You expecting something? – What? | – 你在找什么吗 – 什么 | 
| [07:14] | In the mail. | 你在邮件里面找什么? | 
| [07:15] | What? I check the mail, this is what I do. | 什么 我查收信件 这是我的工作 | 
| [07:16] | – You are rifling through it. – I’m not rifling through it. | – 你明显在乱翻 – 我没有乱翻 | 
| [07:18] | Why have you been so snoopy? | 你怎么变得这么多事 | 
| [07:19] | – Snoopy? – Yes, snoopy. | – 多事? – 对的 多事 | 
| [07:20] | I can’t even sort the mail | 没有你的监督 | 
| [07:21] | without you ** questions. | 我难道连邮件都不能整理了吗? | 
| [07:23] | I mean, do you want my…, it’s just mail. | 你是不是想要…这只是些邮件 | 
| [07:25] | Why don’t you go decorate or something. | 你怎么不去专心做你的装修 | 
| [07:28] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 | 
| [07:29] | Nothing. Why is everybody being so nosy? | 没事 为什么每个人都变得这么多事 | 
| [07:32] | Bobby gets hit by a damn car, | Bobby被辆破车撞了 | 
| [07:34] | everybody is interested how I sort mail, | 所有人却都只关心我怎么整理邮件 | 
| [07:36] | You know, that’s just really great. | 真是太好了 | 
| [07:38] | You really got your priority straight, | 你们真是会分轻重缓急 | 
| [07:39] | don’t you, Jimmy? | 是不是 Jimmy? | 
| [07:42] | Was I out of line? | 我做什么了 | 
| [07:45] | Jury look like they are believing him. | 陪审团好像相信他了 | 
| [07:47] | We know he’d be good, Kevin. | 我们知道他会表现得很好 Kevin | 
| [07:49] | Which means I gotta put you up. | 这意味着我必须让你出庭作证 | 
| [07:51] | I don’t believe this. | 我真不能相信 | 
| [07:52] | He killed her. | 是他杀了她 | 
| [07:54] | He just got up there and told my story. | 结果他坐上去 把我的经历说成他的 | 
| [07:56] | The problem is he has no record. | 问题是他没有前科 | 
| [07:58] | You got a burglary, so… | 你曾经入室行窃 所以… | 
| [07:59] | He was seventeen. | 他当时才十七岁 | 
| [08:02] | Listen up, everybody. | 听着 各位 | 
| [08:04] | Joel has no record, you do. | Joel没有前科 你有 | 
| [08:08] | Joel comes from a wealthy family, you don’t. | Joel生在有钱的家庭 你不是 | 
| [08:11] | Joel has put up shrinks to say that | Joel能够让心理医生出庭 | 
| [08:12] | he couldn’t have done this, | 证明他不可能做出这些事情 | 
| [08:14] | you can’t afford to buy any experts. | 你一个专家证人都请不起 | 
| [08:16] | Joel got to testify first, true or not, | 不管真假 Joel先出庭作证了 | 
| [08:19] | if you get up there and tell the same story, | 如果你再上庭 说出跟他一样的证言 | 
| [08:21] | it’s not gonna play as well. | 效果可大不相同 | 
| [08:22] | Kevin passed the polygraph, Joel didn’t. | Kevin通过了测谎仪 Joel没有 | 
| [08:24] | Polygraph is unadmissable, | 测谎结果不能当做证据 | 
| [08:26] | we can’t use that. | 我们不能用 | 
| [08:27] | What’s going on here, Mr. Young? | 你想说什么 Young先生 | 
| [08:31] | I’m saying if there is a deal to be made, | 我是说 如果有可能达成认罪协议 | 
| [08:34] | we might wanna think about it. | 我们可能需要考虑一下 | 
| [08:38] | But it’s going to involve some sort of guilty plea. | 但是你得承认自己有罪 | 
| [08:41] | No, I’m not pleading guilty to anything. | 不 我不会承认任何罪 | 
| [08:45] | He killed her. | 是他杀了她 | 
| [08:46] | He did it. | 是他干的 | 
| [08:50] | I’m fine, I am. | 我没事 真的 | 
| [08:52] | You should at least get checked out. | 你至少应该检查一下 | 
| [08:53] | Want me to do it? | 要我帮你吗 | 
| [08:55] | I’m kidding. | 玩笑啦 | 
| [08:56] | come to see the new conference room, | 过来看看新会议室吧 | 
| [08:58] | it’s officially finished. | 正式完工啦 | 
| [08:58] | I will. | 我会看的 | 
| [08:59] | Right now I got some stuff to do. | 不过现在我手头有些事情 | 
| [09:00] | Bobby, we are under construction over two months, | Bobby 我们都动工两个多月了 | 
| [09:03] | you haven’t so much as poked your head in. | 你连头都没探进去过 | 
| [09:04] | You barely go near the library for that matter. | 为这个 你甚至都不愿意走近图书室 | 
| [09:07] | I trust you. | 我信任你 | 
| [09:08] | It isn’t that. | 不是这个原因 | 
| [09:09] | Aren’t you curious? | 你难道不好奇吗 | 
| [09:11] | I have seen it. | 我看过的 | 
| [09:13] | Come see it now. | 现在再看一次 | 
| [09:14] | I will, Lindsay, | 我会的 Lindsay | 
| [09:15] | right now, I have some things to do. | 只是现在 我有其他事情要办 | 
| [09:21] | Blow one more time. | 再吹一次 | 
| [09:26] | Nobody light a match. | 火柴都能着了 | 
| [09:28] | Excuse me? | 什么? | 
| [09:29] | One two. | 零点一二 | 
| [09:30] | He is flammable. | 他都能烧起来了 | 
| [09:33] | You’ve got to get me out of here. | 你得把我弄出去 | 
| [09:34] | Don’t worry about it, Allan. | 别担心 Allan | 
| [09:36] | Excuse me. One minute. | 不好意思 等一分钟 | 
| [09:37] | It was your idea that I drink more. | 是你让我继续喝的 | 
| [09:39] | Allan, you have to trust me, | Allan 你得相信我 | 
| [09:40] | – don’t worry about it. – All right, let’s go. | – 不要担心 – 好了 走吧 | 
| [09:43] | Ellenor Ellenor. | |
| [09:44] | I…I’m going to work it out, Allan. | 我…我会想办法解决的 Allan | 
| [09:47] | I’m gonna work it out. | 我会解决的 | 
| [09:58] | How are we doing? | 怎么样 | 
| [10:01] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 | 
| [10:02] | they’re both accusing each other. | 他们互相指责对方是凶手 | 
| [10:04] | We may not get either of them. | 我们可能一个都定不了罪 | 
| [10:05] | Helen, this is a front page homocide. | Helen 这可是头版新闻的谋杀案 | 
| [10:07] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [10:08] | Fifteen-year-old girl. | 十五岁的女孩 | 
| [10:10] | You don’t have to tell me. | 不用你告诉我 | 
| [10:11] | I look at her picture every day, but I… | 我每天都看着她的照片 但是我… | 
| [10:13] | I can’t prove that they did it together | 我证明不了他们是合谋犯罪 | 
| [10:16] | and without that… | 证明不了这一点… | 
| [10:19] | Are you telling me… | 你是在告诉我… | 
| [10:23] | Helen Helen, | |
| [10:25] | these kids can not walk. | 这两个小子不能逍遥法外 | 
| [10:28] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [10:32] | Do what you have to do | 不管你用什么办法 | 
| [10:34] | to at least get one of them. | 至少要让其中一个定罪 | 
| [10:45] | You won’t even make PC, Jimmy. | Jimmy 你连正当诉由都证明不了 | 
| [10:47] | He ran a guy down broad daylight drunk. | 他在明显醉酒的情况下把人撞倒 | 
| [10:49] | He got drunk after the accident. | 他是出事之后才喝醉的 | 
| [10:51] | Oh, right. | 哦 是哦 | 
| [10:51] | Well, you can’t prove otherwise. | 你也不能证明不是这样啊 | 
| [10:52] | Come on, there is no injury. | 行了啦 没有人受伤 | 
| [10:54] | Why are we even wasting our time here? | 我们干嘛在这个案子上浪费时间 | 
| [10:56] | Point one two. | 零点一二 | 
| [10:57] | Look, we’ll give you drive reckless, | 这样吧 我们可以承认鲁莽驾驶 | 
| [10:59] | you can take his driver’s license for 90 days, | 你可以扣他三个月的驾驶证 | 
| [11:01] | you can fine him a thousand dollars if you want. | 你要是愿意 还可以罚他一千块钱 | 
| [11:04] | Jimmy Jimmy, | |
| [11:05] | it was Bobby Donnell that he hit, | 他撞的人是Bobby Donnell | 
| [11:07] | do you think that I’d want him to walk? | 你觉得我会想放过他吗 | 
| [11:08] | Yes, you would because you’re his lawyer. | 是的 你想 因为你是他的律师 | 
| [11:10] | He could run down your own mother. | 哪怕他撞的是你妈 你也无所谓 | 
| [11:14] | Jimmy please, | Jimmy 求你了 | 
| [11:17] | I need this one. | 帮我这一次 | 
| [11:22] | Drive reckless, | 鲁莽驾驶 | 
| [11:24] | and his license 90 days. | 扣驾照三个月 | 
| [11:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [11:32] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 | 
| [11:36] | Looks great. Great job, Lindsay. | 看起来不错 很好 Lindsay | 
| [11:37] | Well, wait, wait, you barely look. | 等等等等 你都没怎么看 | 
| [11:39] | I looked. | 我看了 | 
| [11:40] | Wait, I have worked hard on this. | 等等 我做这些事很辛苦的 | 
| [11:41] | And you did a beautiful job. | 你做的非常不错 | 
| [11:42] | Don’t shine me on. | 别糊弄我 | 
| [11:44] | It’s a conference room, Lindsay. | 这只是间会议室 Lindsay | 
| [11:45] | What do you want from me? | 你想让我说什么呢 | 
| [11:46] | I mean, you did a beautiful job. | 你做的非常不错 | 
| [11:47] | You want me to call Architectural Digest? | 你想让我给”建筑文摘”打电话推荐你吗 | 
| [11:54] | What is going on? | 你怎么回事 | 
| [11:55] | Nothing is going on. | 没什么 | 
| [11:57] | You obviously have some problem with this expansion. | 你明显就是对这次的扩建有意见 | 
| [12:00] | If I do, it’s my problem, | 就算有 也是我自己的事情 | 
| [12:01] | not yours. | 不是你的问题 | 
| [12:03] | What am I missing here? | 我到底做错什么了 | 
| [12:05] | Look, my father works in a big fancy law firm. | 我父亲就是在豪华大型律师事务所上班的 | 
| [12:08] | I’m just not thrilled about becoming that. | 我只是不愿意成为那样的人 | 
| [12:10] | We’re not becoming a big fancy law firm. | 我们没有成为豪华大型的律师事务所 | 
| [12:13] | And I…I thought you love your father. | 并且我…我还以为你很爱你的父亲呢 | 
| [12:14] | I do, I just… | 我爱 只是… | 
| [12:16] | Just what? | 只是什么 | 
| [12:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [12:21] | You do know. | 你知道的 | 
| [12:25] | I just promised myself | 我答应过自己 | 
| [12:26] | I wouldn’t end up some blue chip law firm | 我不会发展成那种蓝筹律师事务所 | 
| [12:28] | and become the fat cat lawyer. | 不会变成那种有钱有势的律师 | 
| [12:30] | It’s just a conference room. | 这只是间会议室 | 
| [12:32] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [12:34] | I…I don’t get you, Bobby. | 我…我真是搞不懂你Bobby | 
| [12:35] | On the one hand, | 一方面 | 
| [12:37] | you seem to be saying you love you dad, | 你好像一直说你爱你的父亲 | 
| [12:39] | and yet you also seem to be saying | 但是同时你好像又说 | 
| [12:40] | that you don’t wanna turn out like him. | 你不想成为像他那样的人 | 
| [12:41] | -I don’t… -I’m not saying that, Lindsay. | -我不… -我不是这个意思 Lindsay | 
| [12:43] | You did a great job on the expansion, ok? | 你扩建的工作做得很好 | 
| [12:46] | We don’t need to keep talking about it. | 我们不需要一直讨论这个话题 | 
| [12:52] | Fine. | 好吧 | 
| [13:11] | How is Bobby? | Bobby怎么样 | 
| [13:12] | He’ll live. | 死不了 | 
| [13:16] | The other kid did it, Helen, you know it. | 凶手是另外那个孩子 Helen 你知道的 | 
| [13:18] | I don’t know it. | 我不知道 | 
| [13:19] | He passed a polygraph. The other kid… | 他通过了测谎仪 另一个… | 
| [13:21] | Inadmissable. | 不能采纳为证据 | 
| [13:22] | In court maybe, but… | 在法庭上也许是不能 但是… | 
| [13:23] | Eugene Eugene. | |
| [13:25] | You are trying a kid for murder, | 你以谋杀罪起诉这个孩子 | 
| [13:27] | a kid you know didn’t commit murder. | 但你明明知道他没有杀人 | 
| [13:28] | Stop telling me what I know. | 你用不着跟我说这些 | 
| [13:30] | This isn’t right. | 这是不对的 | 
| [13:31] | And don’t give me the morality speech either. | 也别给我说那些道德正义的演讲 | 
| [13:34] | At best, your boy saw | 往好的说 你的当事人看到 | 
| [13:35] | a fifteen-year-old girl getting moled | 一个十五岁的女孩被凌辱 | 
| [13:37] | and went for a walk. | 却走开去散步 | 
| [13:39] | At worst he killed her. | 往坏的说 他杀了她 | 
| [13:40] | Either case I have no problem putting him away. | 不管怎样 我都不介意把他送进监狱 | 
| [13:43] | This could backfire, you could lose them both. | 你可能弄巧成拙 让他们两个都脱罪 | 
| [13:52] | I’ll give you conspiracy, | 我可以接受同谋罪 | 
| [13:53] | if he agrees to testify | 条件是他同意出庭作证 | 
| [13:54] | they were in on it together. | 承认他们是合谋犯罪 | 
| [13:56] | They weren’t in on it together. | 他们没有合谋犯罪 | 
| [13:59] | Conspiracy, yes or no? | 同谋罪 接受还是不接受 | 
| [14:03] | No. | 不接受 | 
| [14:06] | Drive reckless? | 鲁莽驾驶? | 
| [14:08] | Police can’t prove he drank before. | 警察不能证明他事前喝了酒 | 
| [14:11] | And no time? | 不用坐牢? | 
| [14:12] | Bobby, I don’t like being a rat. | Bobby 我不想做告密者 | 
| [14:15] | But, Ellenor told the guy to drink. | 但是 是Ellenor让那个人喝酒的 | 
| [14:17] | What? | 什么 | 
| [14:18] | He called after he hit you, | 他撞了你之后打电话过来 | 
| [14:20] | told Ellenor he was drinking. | 告诉Ellenor他喝了酒 | 
| [14:22] | She told him to drink there in the open | 她让他在现场当众喝酒 | 
| [14:24] | so they could argue he got drunk after. | 这样 他们就可以说他是事后喝的酒 | 
| [14:26] | Ellenor told him to drink? | Ellenor教他喝的? | 
| [14:29] | She didn’t know you were the victim at the time. | 她当时不知道你是受害人 | 
| [14:31] | Ah… | 啊… | 
| [14:33] | What’s that? | 什么 | 
| [14:35] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 | 
| [14:38] | We’re pleased to inform you… | 我们很荣幸的通知你… | 
| [14:39] | What? | 什么 | 
| [14:43] | She passed the BAR. | 她通过了律师资格考试 | 
| [14:44] | What? | 什么 | 
| [14:47] | How could you even take the BAR? | 你怎么会有资格参加律师资格考试 | 
| [14:48] | I have been going to night school. | 我一直在上夜校 | 
| [14:51] | Law school at night? | 夜校法学院? | 
| [14:53] | For the last five years. | 上了五年了 | 
| [14:55] | What? | 什么 | 
| [14:56] | Why…why don’t you tell us? | 那…那你怎么不告诉我们 | 
| [14:58] | Coz I…I don’t know, | 因为…我不知道 | 
| [14:59] | I guess. I was afraid if I failed, | 我想 我可能害怕考不过 | 
| [15:02] | and I just didn’t want to tell you about it. | 我就是不想告诉你们 | 
| [15:04] | You passed first try. | 你一次就考过了 | 
| [15:06] | Five years been going to school? | 五年来一直在上学? | 
| [15:09] | Rebecca, you are a lawyer. | Rebecca 你是个律师了 | 
| [15:13] | Come here, you. | 来抱一个 | 
| [15:25] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 | 
| [15:27] | Ellenor, in my office. | Ellenor 到我办公室来 | 
| [15:32] | Did you tell your client to drink aftet the accident? | 你有没有叫你的当事人在出事之后喝酒 | 
| [15:35] | Bobby… Bobby… | |
| [15:35] | Yes or no, Ellenor? | 有还是没有 Ellenor | 
| [15:39] | Yes. | 有 | 
| [15:40] | That’s the equivalent of tampering with evidence. | 这等于是毁灭 伪造证据 | 
| [15:43] | Look, hold on. | 慢着 | 
| [15:43] | You could get disbared. | 你可能会被吊销律师执照 | 
| [15:45] | Bobby… Bobby… | |
| [15:46] | It’s no different than telling a shooter where to hide the gun. | 这跟告诉枪手怎样隐藏枪支没什么区别 | 
| [15:50] | I paniced. | 我当时慌了 | 
| [15:51] | Everything happened so fast, I know, | 一切都发生的那么快 我知道 | 
| [15:53] | I know, it was stupid. | 我知道 这么做很蠢 | 
| [15:55] | Not stupid, Ellenor. Criminal. | 不是蠢 Ellenor 是犯罪 | 
| [15:58] | Look, you wanna risk your career, that’s one thing. | 你想用你的事业来冒险 那是你的事 | 
| [16:00] | But doing it in front of Jimmy and Lindsay, | 但是在Jimmy和Lindsay面前这么做 | 
| [16:02] | you exposed them as well. | 你把他们也拉下水了 | 
| [16:03] | They have a legal duty to report you. | 他们有法律义务去举报你 | 
| [16:08] | And so do I. | 我也有 | 
| [16:11] | I wasn’t thinking. | 我当时没想到那么多 | 
| [16:17] | I hope that’s true. | 但愿如此 | 
| [16:24] | These kids shouldn’t be tried together. | 这两个孩子不该在一起审判 | 
| [16:25] | One murder, one trial. | 一起谋杀 一次审判 | 
| [16:26] | There is such a thing as judicial economy. | 有种东西叫司法经济 | 
| [16:29] | There is such a thing as fairness, your honor. | 还有一种东西叫公平 法官阁下 | 
| [16:31] | Is that why we are in here? | 我们今天在这里就是为了说这个? | 
| [16:32] | The fairness jingle? | 所谓公平的陈词滥调? | 
| [16:34] | Consider the bell rang. | 我已经听得太多了 | 
| [16:36] | I object you being snide about it, Judge. | 我反对你这种嘲讽的态度 法官 | 
| [16:38] | We get two co-defendants claiming the same story. | 我们有两个被告 陈述同样的事情 | 
| [16:41] | One went for a walk, the other killed that girl. | 一个走开了 另外一个杀了那个女孩 | 
| [16:43] | Her client got to tell the story first. | 她的当事人先讲了这个故事 | 
| [16:45] | Which you can argue to the jury. | 那你可以和陪审团解释这一点 | 
| [16:47] | They should have been severed from the beginning | 他们从一开始就应该分开审理 | 
| [16:49] | – and you know… – You made that arguement, | – 而且你知道… – 这个意见你已经提过了 | 
| [16:50] | you lost. | 我驳回了 | 
| [16:50] | You can take it up on appeal. | 你可以在上诉的时候再提出这个问题 | 
| [16:52] | Now, I suggest you | 现在 我建议你 | 
| [16:53] | concentrate on the battles you can win. | 集中精力在你可以赢的地方 | 
| [16:56] | This is politic. | 这是把案件政治化 | 
| [16:57] | Public wants to lynch somebody | 公众希望惩罚某个人 | 
| [16:58] | -and you’re afraid if you… -Eugene! | -而你担心你… -Eugene | 
| [16:59] | you know Kevin Peete is innocent. | 你知道Kevin是无辜的 | 
| [17:00] | – You’ll have the guts… – I offered you a deal | – 你要是有胆量… – 我给了你和解条件 | 
| [17:01] | -You’re free to take it. -Hey! | -你完全可以答应的 -嘿! | 
| [17:02] | Hey, you know better. | 嘿 你自己清楚是怎么回事 | 
| [17:03] | This kid should be kicked from the beginning. | 这孩子根本就不应该被起诉 | 
| [17:05] | You are one remark away from a jail cell, counsel. | 你离监狱只有一步之遥了 律师 | 
| [17:09] | She is trying to coerce a conspiracy confession from my client | 她企图诱使我的当事人承认共谋罪 | 
| [17:12] | coz it’s the only way she can convict her client. | 因为只有这样 才能给她的当事人定罪 | 
| [17:15] | That’s your theory, not mine. | 那是你的想法 不是我的 | 
| [17:16] | Right. | 是吗 | 
| [17:20] | They’ll be back in a couple of hours. | 他们过几个小时就回来了 | 
| [17:22] | Ok. Tuesday is the last day | 好 Boaden的案子 | 
| [17:23] | to assert insanity, | 星期二是提出精神失常的最后期限 | 
| [17:24] | if you’re going for that, in the Boaden trial. | 如果你要以这个理由辩护的话 | 
| [17:26] | How about the research on self defense? | 关于正当防卫的研究做的怎么样了 | 
| [17:27] | Jimmy is still working on it. | Jimmy还在继续做 | 
| [17:28] | Ok. | 好的 | 
| [17:59] | She is having a tough time. | 她最近过的很辛苦 | 
| [18:01] | Does she have to be in the room every day? | 她每天都必须到法庭来吗 | 
| [18:04] | I won’t cater you, Mr. Foster, | 我实话给你说 Foster先生 | 
| [18:07] | we have a tough case. | 我们的案子很难打 | 
| [18:08] | Emotion is going to count. | 情感因素会很重要 | 
| [18:10] | The defendants’ parents have been in that room every day. | 被告的父母每天都到法庭上来 | 
| [18:14] | I think the victim’s parents should be there too. | 我想受害人的父母也应该到场 | 
| [18:16] | We talked about this. | 我们谈过的 | 
| [18:18] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [18:20] | We’ve made it this far. | 我们都已经走到这一步了 | 
| [18:22] | It’ll only be a couple of more days. | 只要再坚持几天就好了 | 
| [18:28] | You have to get these boys, Miss Gamble. | 你一定要让这两个男孩定罪 Gamble小姐 | 
| [18:31] | They walk… | 他们要是逃脱了… | 
| [18:32] | they walk free after | 他们要是无罪… | 
| [18:33] | They won’t. | 不会的 | 
| [18:34] | I promise, they won’t. | 我向你保证 不会的 | 
| [18:43] | Before you get up there, | 在你出庭作证之前 | 
| [18:44] | you got be clear about something. | 你要弄清楚几个事情 | 
| [18:46] | The jury doesn’t like you, Kevin, | 陪审团不喜欢你 Kevin | 
| [18:47] | you’re not going to change that. | 你没法改变这个事实 | 
| [18:49] | Fifteen-year-old girl, leave her in there, | 十五岁的女孩 明知道她有危险 | 
| [18:51] | knowing she is in trouble. | 你却把她留在那里 | 
| [18:52] | The goal isn’t to get them to like you. | 你的目标不是要让他们喜欢你 | 
| [18:54] | So don’t start defending yourself | 所以不要一上来就为自己辩解 | 
| [18:56] | like you’re some good, misunderstood kid, ok? | 好像自己是什么被人误解的好孩子 明白吗 | 
| [19:00] | Yeah, ok. | 好的 | 
| [19:02] | Now, this is important. | 接下来 这一点很重要 | 
| [19:07] | Once you get up there and say it’s all him, | 一旦你上庭 说是他一个人干的 | 
| [19:09] | it’s done. | 就不能再改了 | 
| [19:10] | You can’t later say that | 你之后再也不能改口说 | 
| [19:11] | the both of you were in on it. | 是你们俩一起做的 | 
| [19:12] | Well, I wasn’t in on it. | 本来就不是我们俩一起做的 | 
| [19:14] | I understand. | 我知道 | 
| [19:15] | But on consipiracy, you get twenty, | 但是同谋罪 你会被判20年 | 
| [19:17] | with good behavior you’d be out in ten. | 表现良好的话 你10年就可以出来了 | 
| [19:18] | Murder one, life. | 一级谋杀罪 终生监禁 | 
| [19:20] | Once you testify, there is no going back. | 一旦你作了证 就不能回头了 | 
| [19:25] | Are you advising me to lie? | 你是在建议我撒谎吗 | 
| [19:27] | No. | 没有 | 
| [19:31] | I can’t do that. | 我不能这么做 | 
| [19:33] | Then why are we talking about it? | 那我们为什么还要说这些 | 
| [19:34] | I can’t believe you’re suggesting | 我不能相信你会建议 | 
| [19:36] | an innocent person plead guilty. | 一个无辜的人认罪 | 
| [19:37] | Your son isn’t innocent, Mr. Peete. | 你儿子不是无辜的 Peete先生 | 
| [19:40] | Now he may not have killed her, but he walked away. | 他也许没有杀她 但是他走开了 | 
| [19:48] | Let’s not call him inncoent. | 我们别把他说的这么无辜 | 
| [19:55] | Time off? | 休假? | 
| [19:56] | Just a few weeks, | 就几个星期 | 
| [19:59] | or maybe longer. | 也许还会长点 | 
| [20:00] | Ellenor… Ellenor… | |
| [20:02] | What I did, Bobby, | Bobby 我所做的 | 
| [20:03] | it would have been bad enough had I thought about it first. | 如果是我事先想好的 那的确很可恶 | 
| [20:06] | But I did it on reflex. | 但是我这么做是条件反射 | 
| [20:08] | I did it on instinct. | 我是出于直觉 | 
| [20:09] | I mean, how do we beat it? | 我想 我们该怎么逃过一劫 | 
| [20:10] | How can we fool them? | 我们怎么能骗过他们 | 
| [20:10] | I know, why don’t you just drink it out in the open? | 有了 干脆就直接当着众人的面喝酒 | 
| [20:13] | It was as easy as a kneejerk. | 这就和膝跳反射一样简单 | 
| [20:18] | You wanna know what else has been through my head? | 你知道我当时还想了什么吗 | 
| [20:21] | Too bad the guy still breathing. | 那个人还活着 真是太糟了 | 
| [20:24] | A judgment on wrongful death is really minimal | 相对于疼痛和痛苦的赔偿 | 
| [20:26] | compared to pain and suffering, | 对不当死亡的赔偿简直微不足道 | 
| [20:28] | so liability wise it’s pity he is still alive. | 所以从责任上来说 他没死真是太遗憾了 | 
| [20:34] | I think I need some time away. | 我想我需要一些时间远离这些 | 
| [20:38] | We’re scaling back | 我们已经在逐渐减少 | 
| [20:40] | on the criminal cases, Ellenor. | 我们的刑事案件了 Ellenor | 
| [20:41] | We’re becoming more… | 我们正变得更… | 
| [20:44] | Bobby, new furniture and paint jobs asided, | Bobby 新家具和粉刷装潢 | 
| [20:47] | we’re not gonna remake ourselves. | 并不意味着我们就能重新来过 | 
| [20:49] | I can’t give you time off, not now. | 我不能给你时间休假 现在不行 | 
| [20:52] | We have too much going on. | 我们有太多事情要做了 | 
| [20:54] | Can you wait just a little? | 你能再等段时间吗 | 
| [20:58] | Yeah. | 好 | 
| [21:07] | You wanna know what the worst part is? | 想知道最糟糕的是什么吗 | 
| [21:09] | If you hadn’t been the guy who got hit, | 如果被撞的那个人不是你 | 
| [21:11] | I might be feeling really proud of myself just about now. | 我这一刻可能还挺为自己自豪的 | 
| [21:21] | A case, my own case. | 案子 我自己的案子 | 
| [21:24] | Stolen bike, one day trial, | 盗窃自行车 庭审只要一天 | 
| [21:26] | a couple of weeks from now. | 离开庭还有几个星期 | 
| [21:28] | No big deal. | 没什么大问题 | 
| [21:28] | Can I do it? | 我能做吗 | 
| [21:30] | I mean, I haven’t been swearing in, | 我还没有正式宣誓呢 | 
| [21:31] | will they let me… | 他们会不会让我… | 
| [21:32] | Oh, you don’t have to be officially sworn in, Bec. | 哦 没有正式宣誓也没有关系 Bec | 
| [21:34] | It’s just a stolen bicycle. First defense… | 只是盗窃自行车而已 主要的辩护理由… | 
| [21:36] | Stolen. Can they make an intent? | 盗窃 他们可以证明主观意图吗 | 
| [21:38] | I mean, have you talked to the client? | 你和当事人谈过了吗 | 
| [21:39] | It could be a mistake. | 有可能是搞错了 | 
| [21:40] | I mean, do the bike look like his own? | 那个自行车是不是和他自己的很像 | 
| [21:42] | Or duress? | 有没有胁迫 | 
| [21:43] | There could be accident circumstances. | 或者还有可能是意外因素 | 
| [21:44] | Is…is he a minor? | 他…他是未成年人吗 | 
| [21:45] | We might be able to make out undue influences. | 我们也许可以用不当影响来抗辩 | 
| [21:47] | Have you interviewed the arresting officers? | 你见过负责逮捕的警官了吗 | 
| [21:49] | Oh, Bec, | 哦 Bec | 
| [21:49] | and then that bike. I mean, what about that? | 还有那辆自行车 有没有问题 | 
| [21:51] | I mean are there any chain of custody issues. | 我是说 有没有什么物证连续保管的问题 | 
| [21:52] | I mean… | 我想… | 
| [21:53] | how can we possibly be ready to go in two weeks? | 我们怎么可能在两个星期内准备好 | 
| [21:57] | We get two weeks! | 我们只有两个星期! | 
| [22:01] | This could be ugly. | 看来不太好办 | 
| [22:07] | He just reversed it. | 他把事情倒过来了 | 
| [22:09] | He stayed and I left. | 留下来的是他 离开的是我 | 
| [22:11] | To go for a walk? | 离开去散步? | 
| [22:12] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [22:13] | If you thought she could be put in danger, Kevin, | 如果你觉得她可能会有危险 Kevin | 
| [22:17] | how could you just leave? | 你怎么能就这么走了 | 
| [22:18] | I was afraid. | 因为我害怕 | 
| [22:20] | Of what? | 害怕什么 | 
| [22:21] | Of him a little. | 我有点怕他 | 
| [22:26] | You know, I…I am ashamed that I left. | 我…我很羞愧我离开了 | 
| [22:28] | But like I told the police, | 但是就像我告诉警察的那样 | 
| [22:30] | I think I just really want to pretend | 我觉得我真的是想假装 | 
| [22:32] | that nothing bad was gonna happen. | 不会发生什么不好的事情 | 
| [22:35] | And I walked out that door. | 所以我就出门了 | 
| [22:37] | She was found in your room, Kevin. | 她是在你房间里被发现的 Kevin | 
| [22:40] | But Joel brought her there. | 但是是Joel把她带进去的 | 
| [22:42] | You both brought back in there, didn’t you? | 是你们俩一起带她进去的 是不是 | 
| [22:44] | No, no, he did. | 不是 是他一个人 | 
| [22:46] | And he killed her. | 然后他杀了她 | 
| [22:51] | The burglary in 1994, | 1994年的入室盗窃案 | 
| [22:53] | you do it yourself or was there anybody else with you? | 是你一个人做的 还是和别人一起的 | 
| [22:57] | Myself. | 我一个人 | 
| [22:58] | You committed the crime on your own initiative. | 是你自主决定要实施这个犯罪的吗 | 
| [23:00] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [23:01] | Overruled. | 反对无效 | 
| [23:03] | Did anybody see when this walk you took? | 在你出去散步的时候 有人见到过你吗 | 
| [23:09] | No. | 没有 | 
| [23:11] | I’m sorry, it’s just a little too convenient, | 不得不说 这真的有点太巧了 | 
| [23:14] | like the perfect crime. | 真是完美的犯罪 | 
| [23:15] | They both blame each other. | 他们同时指责对方 | 
| [23:16] | Jury doesn’t know who is telling the truth, perfect. | 陪审团不知道谁说的是真话 太完美了 | 
| [23:19] | Except, Helen, you do know who is telling the truth. | 可是 Helen 你其实知道谁在说真话 | 
| [23:21] | That polygraph. | 测谎仪 | 
| [23:22] | They are not full proof. | 他们不是百分百的精准 | 
| [23:23] | They are close enough. | 但是已经够准确的了 | 
| [23:26] | Do you think they both did it? | 你觉得他们俩是合谋犯罪吗 | 
| [23:33] | Maybe it’s easier to believe a kid could kill | 也许 与其相信一个孩子 | 
| [23:35] | than to see somebody about to be killed | 看到某人将被杀害却转身走开 | 
| [23:37] | and just walk away. | 我宁愿相信他会自己杀人 | 
| [23:39] | You could have gone for murder two. | 你本来可以起诉二级谋杀 | 
| [23:42] | Walking away could have argued reckless disregard. | 转身走开的事实 可以证明他的玩忽放任 | 
| [23:44] | I never would have made that, | 我绝对证明不了 | 
| [23:46] | and you know it as well as I do. | 你跟我一样清楚地知道 | 
| [23:47] | If you try somebody for a murder | 如果你以谋杀罪起诉某人 | 
| [23:49] | and you don’t have a good faith believe | 但是你内心并不真的确定 | 
| [23:50] | that he committed that murder… | 他真的犯了谋杀罪… | 
| [23:52] | Look, | 听着 | 
| [23:53] | Eugene already gave me this speech. | Eugene已经给我讲过这一大套道理了 | 
| [23:55] | Are you here as my friend | 你到这儿来是以朋友的身份 | 
| [23:56] | or as co-counsel? | 还是辩护律师的身份 | 
| [24:00] | I don’t think you should have brought | 我觉得你不应该把 | 
| [24:01] | a poster of the victim in your office. | 受害人的海报带到办公室来 | 
| [24:05] | That’s from a friend. | 这是朋友的建议 | 
| [24:14] | Hey, Mary. | 嘿 Mary | 
| [24:15] | Hey, Bobby. | 嘿 Bobby | 
| [24:22] | Bobby Bobby. | |
| [24:23] | Hey, Mr. Kilburn. | 嘿 Kilburn先生 | 
| [24:24] | I haven’t seen you in a while. | 好久没见到你了 | 
| [24:26] | Been busy. | 一直在忙 | 
| [24:27] | I know, I keep track. | 我知道 我一直关注你呢 | 
| [24:29] | My dad around? | 我爸爸在吗 | 
| [24:30] | I think he is in the little boys room. | 我想他在卫生间 | 
| [24:32] | Good to see you. You looking well. | 很高兴见到你 你气色不错 | 
| [24:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [24:39] | Dad? You in here? | 老爸 你在吗 | 
| [24:41] | Bobby, is that you? | Bobby 是你吗 | 
| [24:42] | It’s like you often in there? | 看样子你经常在这儿啊 | 
| [24:44] | Yeah, you know it. | 对啊 你知道的 | 
| [24:48] | Oh, well. | 哦 好啊 | 
| [24:51] | What do I earn this? | 你真是稀客 | 
| [24:53] | I was in the building. | 我正好路过 | 
| [24:57] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样 | 
| [24:59] | The same. | 老样子 | 
| [25:03] | You are canceling Sunday? | 你星期天不来了吗 | 
| [25:04] | No, I’m not canceling Sunday. | 不是 我不会不来 | 
| [25:05] | Do I ever miss? | 我什么时候不来过 | 
| [25:07] | You’re stopping by like this, you must… | 你这样来找我 肯定… | 
| [25:13] | You’ve met somebody? | 你遇到意中人了 | 
| [25:14] | As if I tell you. | 好像我会和你说一样 | 
| [25:16] | Yeah, as if you’d admit it to yourself. | 对啊 就好像你自己会承认一样 | 
| [25:20] | No, I was…I was in the building and… | 不是 我…我正好在这儿 然后… | 
| [25:23] | hey, listen, | 嘿 是这样 | 
| [25:24] | we just finished our expansion at the office, | 我们的办公室刚刚扩建完 | 
| [25:26] | now I was wondering if you like to come see it? | 我在想 你想不想来看一看 | 
| [25:29] | I’d love to. | 当然了 | 
| [25:30] | It’s done? | 做完了? | 
| [25:32] | Finished. | 完工了 | 
| [25:35] | Uh, today is tough. | 呃 今天不行了 | 
| [25:37] | But…but tomorrow? | 不过…明天? | 
| [25:40] | Yeah, great. | 行 好的 | 
| [25:42] | I’ll… | 我会… | 
| [25:43] | I’ll call you before I come over. | 我来之前会给你打电话的 | 
| [25:47] | Perfect. | 好极了 | 
| [26:08] | Bingo, bingo, bingo. | 搞定 搞定 搞定 | 
| [26:10] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [26:11] | I just pull an old cop transcript from the arresting officer. | 我刚刚找到逮捕他的警官一份老的档案 | 
| [26:14] | The bicycle case? | 自行车的案子? | 
| [26:15] | He was asked to leave ** when it is suspected plagerism of some term paper. | 他曾经被怀疑论文抄袭 | 
| [26:18] | I can use this to impeach. | 我可以用此来提出异议 | 
| [26:20] | Rebecca Rebecca. | |
| [26:21] | Lindsay. If it’s still look term paper, | Lindsay, 如果他曾经抄袭 | 
| [26:23] | maybe he’d forge an ** report. | 也许他就会伪造报告 | 
| [26:24] | They caught the kid sitting on the bike. | 他们现场逮住那个孩子坐在自行车上 | 
| [26:26] | Yeah, so says the plagiarist. | 是啊 说这话的是一个有过抄袭劣迹的警官 | 
| [26:28] | And the other cop? | 还有另一个警察呢 | 
| [26:29] | Who is gonna believe? | 谁更可信呢 | 
| [26:30] | Some kid or his own partner? | 某个孩子 还是他自己的搭档 | 
| [26:32] | All I have to do is show reasonable doubt. | 我需要做的 只是证明存在合理怀疑 | 
| [26:34] | Oh, God. | 哦 老天 | 
| [26:38] | What “Oh God”? | 什么”老天” | 
| [26:40] | Nothing. | 没什么 | 
| [26:44] | You know, you haven’t even said congratulations to me. | 你到现在还没有祝贺过我呢 | 
| [26:47] | Do you have a problem with me being a lawyer, Ellenor? | 你对我成为律师有什么意见吗 Ellenor | 
| [26:51] | No. | 没有 | 
| [26:54] | Thanks for your support. | 多谢你的支持 | 
| [27:03] | Congratulations, Rebecca. | 祝贺你 Rebecca | 
| [27:05] | You are a member of the club. | 你是这个圈子的一员了 | 
| [27:08] | You just earned the privilege | 你刚刚取得了一种特权 | 
| [27:10] | to distort and manipulate the most noble | 让你有权歪曲和操纵整个司法体系中 | 
| [27:13] | of all judicial systems, | 最高尚的部分 | 
| [27:15] | the privilege of delivering opening statements, | 让你有权在法庭上做开场陈词 | 
| [27:18] | promising evidence and witnesses | 满口承诺你有多少证据和证人 | 
| [27:20] | you know you don’t really have. | 而你知道你什么都没有 | 
| [27:21] | And you are gonna get to warn all your clients | 还有 你会提醒所有的当事人 | 
| [27:23] | against telling the truth | 让他们不要告诉你事实真相 | 
| [27:25] | so you’ll be able to put them on the stand later, | 这样 你才能在审判中让他们站上证人席 | 
| [27:27] | to commit their perjury | 让他们自己做伪证 | 
| [27:28] | without really exposing yourself in the process. | 而不把你自己也拉下水 | 
| [27:31] | Oh and you’ll get to beat up a bunch of rape victims | 哦 还有 你将会在正当诉由听证会上 | 
| [27:34] | at probable cause hearings, | 狠狠折磨那些强奸案受害人 | 
| [27:35] | scaring them all from testifying at trial. | 吓唬她们 让她们不敢在审判中出庭作证 | 
| [27:38] | And you’ll get to buy a lots of little presents | 你还会买很多的小礼物 | 
| [27:40] | for all the clerks | 送给所有的书记员 | 
| [27:41] | so they might schedule all of your trials on Fridays | 好让他们把你的所有案子安排在星期五 | 
| [27:44] | when the judges are in great mood | 那时候法官们因为即将 | 
| [27:45] | just before they hit the road to Cape Cod. | 去鳕鱼角度假而心情大好 | 
| [27:48] | But best of all, | 不过最妙的是 | 
| [27:50] | you are gonna have the joy of | 你将会享受到 | 
| [27:51] | securing the freedom of all your guilty clients | 让你所有有罪的当事人无罪释放的快乐 | 
| [27:54] | and you’ll never have to see them again | 你再也不用见他们第二面了 | 
| [27:55] | until they murder or rape the next person, | 直到他们谋杀或者强奸了下一个受害者 | 
| [27:58] | but that usually takes about | 不过一般来说 | 
| [27:59] | two three weeks so… | 这需要两到三周的时间 所以… | 
| [28:02] | congratulations, Rebecca, | 恭喜你了 Rebecca | 
| [28:05] | you’re a lawyer. | 你是个律师了 | 
| [28:11] | You don’t really believe that. | 你自己都不相信这番话 | 
| [28:13] | I don’t know what I believe anymore. | 我也不知道我相信什么了 | 
| [28:40] | Didn’t plan on keeping it or nothing, | 我没想自己留下或者怎么样 | 
| [28:42] | I just gonna ride it around for a while. | 我就是想骑着玩一会 | 
| [28:44] | You had no idea who the bike belong to? | 你不知道那是谁的自行车吗 | 
| [28:47] | No. | 不知道 | 
| [28:51] | Didn’t plan on keeping it? | 没想过自己留着? | 
| [28:53] | Just want to ride it around? | 只是想骑着转一转? | 
| [28:54] | You stole it. | 你偷了车 | 
| [28:55] | You’re not my mother. | 你又不是我妈 | 
| [28:56] | Be glad of that. | 幸好不是 | 
| [28:57] | You think you are gonna walk into a court | 你以为你只要走进法庭 | 
| [28:59] | and talk in that soft little victim voice thing | 用你那柔软的 受害者的腔调说话 | 
| [29:01] | and then get set free? | 就可以没事走人了? | 
| [29:02] | It won’t work like that. | 没这么简单 | 
| [29:04] | Nobody gives a damn if a thief sounds sweet. | 没人关心小偷的声音是不是很好听 | 
| [29:07] | Now, listen to me, | 现在 你给我听好了 | 
| [29:09] | I have to be able to tell the judge that you are a good kid, | 我得跟法官说你是个好孩子 | 
| [29:11] | that you feel bad for what you did. | 你为你做的一切感到抱歉 | 
| [29:14] | Do you feel bad? | 你觉得抱歉吗? | 
| [29:15] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [29:16] | Not bad enough, you don’t. | 还不够 不够 | 
| [29:18] | Now I’ll work on this. | 接下来 你要这样做 | 
| [29:19] | You go home and then start thinking | 你回家之后 好好想想 | 
| [29:21] | of a way you can pay off on the damage you did. | 想个办法弥补你造成的损失 | 
| [29:22] | that bike needs a new tire. | 自行车要换新轮胎 | 
| [29:25] | mow a lawn, clean somebody’s garage, | 你可以修剪草坪 打扫别人的车库 | 
| [29:27] | earn the money. | 挣到这笔钱 | 
| [29:28] | You screw up one more time and you get another lawyer, | 你要是再搞砸了 你就另外找律师去 | 
| [29:31] | do you know what I’m saying? | 你听懂我的意思了吗 | 
| [29:32] | Yes. | 懂了 | 
| [29:34] | Look people in the eye when you talk to them. | 跟别人说话的时候看着别人的眼睛 | 
| [29:38] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [29:39] | All right. Go on. | 好了 去吧 | 
| [29:51] | How was that? | 怎么样 | 
| [29:54] | Well, different lawyers have different styles. | 呃 不同的律师有不同的风格 | 
| [29:59] | Beyond reasonable doubt? | 排除合理怀疑? | 
| [30:03] | They don’t come close. | 他们差得太远了 | 
| [30:05] | One of these boys did it. | 这两个孩子当中有一个是凶手 | 
| [30:08] | On that much we can probably agree, | 这一点我们也许可以同意 | 
| [30:11] | but which one? | 但是哪一个? | 
| [30:12] | Not Joel Carlington. | 不是Joel Carlington | 
| [30:14] | It was Kevin’s room, wasn’t it? | 案件发生在Kevin的房间 不是吗 | 
| [30:17] | Joel was taking a walk like he told you. | 就像Joel之前告诉你们的 他出去散步了 | 
| [30:20] | I don’t know whether that sounded good to you, | 我不知道你们听了之后是怎么想的 | 
| [30:22] | but it’s certainly did to Kevin Peete | 但是Kevin Peete听了肯定觉得很好 | 
| [30:25] | because he made it his story. | 因为他把它说成是自己的经历了 | 
| [30:27] | And the prosecution? Come on, | 至于检方 拜托 | 
| [30:29] | they don’t know who was where, do they? | 他们根本不知道谁在哪儿 不是吗 | 
| [30:33] | Which is exactly | 所以他们不得不 | 
| [30:34] | why they had to try these boys together. | 把这两个孩子放在一起审理 | 
| [30:36] | They don’t know which one was where. | 他们不知道谁在什么地方 | 
| [30:39] | And she is begging on one simple thing, | 所以她就认定一个简单的事实 | 
| [30:41] | you would rather punish them both | 你们宁愿两个人一起惩罚 | 
| [30:44] | than to see whoever did it go free. | 也不愿凶手逍遥法外 | 
| [30:46] | Here is Miss Gamble’s thinking, | Gamble小姐就是这么想的 | 
| [30:48] | if these boys get seperate trials, | 如果这两个孩子分开审理 | 
| [30:50] | it’s likely both juries | 很有可能 两个陪审团 | 
| [30:52] | will find reasonable doubt, | 都认定存在合理怀疑 | 
| [30:53] | thinking that the evidence | 认为肯定有证据证明 | 
| [30:54] | must be there on the other guy. | 另一个被告才是真的凶手 | 
| [30:57] | And then you have two quick acquittals. | 于是两个案子都会很快判无罪 | 
| [30:59] | But in combined trial, | 但是在一起审理 | 
| [31:00] | she’s boxed two in, | 她就把两个人绑在一起 | 
| [31:01] | evidence is the same for both defendants. | 针对两个被告的证据都是一样的 | 
| [31:04] | Either they both go to prison, | 他们要不就一起进监狱 | 
| [31:06] | or they both go free. | 要不就一起被释放 | 
| [31:07] | And nobody, | 但是没有人 | 
| [31:08] | nobody wants to see them both go free. | 没有人愿意看到他们两个同时被释放 | 
| [31:14] | Beautiful innocent girl, | 美丽的 无辜的小女孩 | 
| [31:18] | we have been looking at her picture. | 我们一直在看着她的照片 | 
| [31:20] | Their argument is somebody is gotta pay, | 他们的主张是 总要有人付出代价 | 
| [31:24] | and the only way to be sure | 而要确保让真正的凶手伏法 | 
| [31:25] | to get the guilty guy | 唯一的办法 | 
| [31:27] | is to lock them both up, | 就是把他们两个绑在一起 | 
| [31:28] | coz we don’t know which one did it. | 因为我们不确定 究竟哪一个才是凶手 | 
| [31:37] | Somebody is gotta pay. | 但总有人要付出代价 | 
| [31:39] | Evidence shows they both brought her back to that room. | 证据表明 他们一起把她带进那个房间 | 
| [31:43] | They both claim they went on a walk. | 他们都声称自己去散步了 | 
| [31:46] | And well, gee, | 好了 天啊 | 
| [31:48] | that’s sets up reasonable doubt, doesn’t it? | 这样就有了合理怀疑了 是不是 | 
| [31:52] | You say I did it, I’ll say you did it. | 你说是我做的 我说是你做的 | 
| [31:55] | The jury will never know who. | 陪审团永远都不会知道是谁 | 
| [31:58] | We’ve got reasonable doubt. | 我们有合理怀疑 | 
| [32:00] | Two kids telling the exact same story, | 两个孩子说着完全相同的事情 | 
| [32:04] | the exact same denial. | 完全相同的辩解理由 | 
| [32:07] | That’s what you call a good planning. | 这就是所谓的妙招 | 
| [32:13] | Aren’t they smart? | 他们是不是很聪明 | 
| [32:16] | Smart college kids. | 聪明的大学生 | 
| [32:23] | So she is gonna work here as a lawyer now? | 那她就是以律师的身份在这儿工作了 | 
| [32:25] | I guess. | 我想吧 | 
| [32:26] | She’ll still do office work while she build the practice. | 她学着执业的时候还是会做行政的事情 | 
| [32:28] | But eventually we’ll have to hire a new secretary. | 但是最终我们还是要雇个新秘书 | 
| [32:30] | I bet her name goes up on the door now. | 我敢说她的名字也会贴在门上 | 
| [32:32] | One more name on the door, | 又多一个名字在门上 | 
| [32:34] | that doesn’t stop would-be. | 并不意味着以后不会再加了 | 
| [32:36] | Relax, Jimmy. | 淡定点 Jimmy | 
| [32:47] | You built this on the ground? | 你自己一个人装修的这个地方? | 
| [32:50] | Well, I had lots of help, dad. | 我有很多人帮我 爸 | 
| [32:55] | I’m proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 | 
| [32:57] | I wish that the lawyers at Sullivan | 我希望Sullivan事务所的律师 | 
| [32:59] | could see this. | 也可以看到这些 | 
| [33:03] | Dad, | 爸 | 
| [33:08] | are you prould of me? | 你为我骄傲吗 | 
| [33:13] | You have to ask me that? | 这个问题你还用问吗 | 
| [33:15] | Well, we… | 我们… | 
| [33:16] | we never talked much | 我们很少谈这些 | 
| [33:18] | about my cases and some of the people I represent. | 关于我的案子 我辩护的那些人 | 
| [33:21] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 | 
| [33:22] | I guess, uh, | 我猜 呃 | 
| [33:23] | I have never been sure that you… | 我从来不确定你… | 
| [33:28] | Son, | 儿子 | 
| [33:31] | there isn’t a day that I don’t say to myself, | 没有一天我不对自己说 | 
| [33:35] | look at him. | 看看他啊 | 
| [33:39] | You know, it’s funny. | 有意思的是 | 
| [33:42] | I always wondered | 我一直想知道 | 
| [33:45] | if you are proud of me. | 你是不是以我为傲 | 
| [33:49] | What? | 什么 | 
| [33:50] | Um, | 嗯 | 
| [33:51] | I mop floors. | 我是个扫地的 | 
| [33:56] | This is the first time in what, seven or eight years | 这是 七年还是八年来 | 
| [34:00] | that you invited me over here. | 你第一次邀请我过来 | 
| [34:04] | This is the first time | 这是第一次 | 
| [34:06] | I have been excited for you to see it. | 我有信心让你看这地方 | 
| [34:12] | You don’t think I’m proud of you, son? | 儿子 你觉得我不为你骄傲吗 | 
| [34:17] | You don’t think I’m proud of you? | 你觉得我不为你骄傲? | 
| [34:26] | Hey, you haven’t seen the library yet. | 嘿 你还没看图书馆呢 | 
| [34:32] | Show me the library then. | 带我去看看吧 | 
| [34:34] | Bobby, hey. | Bobby 嘿 | 
| [34:36] | Lindsay Lindsay, | |
| [34:37] | this is my dad, Steven Donnell. | 这是我爸爸 Steven Donnell | 
| [34:39] | Lindsay Dole Lindsay Dole. | |
| [34:41] | Pleasure. I heard so much about you. | 幸会 我听过很多你的事 | 
| [34:43] | And I heard so much about you too. | 我也听过很多你的事 | 
| [34:50] | Come on, I don’t have all day. | 来啦 我没一整天的时间 | 
| [34:53] | Oh, like I do, huh? | 哦 我就有啦 啊? | 
| [35:10] | It’s gonna be ok. | 会没事的 | 
| [35:31] | Madam Foreperson, | 首席陪审员 | 
| [35:32] | the jury has reached a unanimous verdict? | 陪审团达成一致的裁决了吗 | 
| [35:35] | We have, your honor. | 是的 法官阁下 | 
| [35:37] | The defendants will please rise. | 被告请起立 | 
| [35:44] | What say you? | 请宣布判决 | 
| [35:47] | Commonwealth vs. Joel Carlington | 马萨诸塞州诉Joel Carlington | 
| [35:50] | on the charge of murder in the first degree, | 关于一级谋杀罪的指控 | 
| [35:52] | we find the defendant | 我们判决被告罪名 | 
| [35:54] | not guilty, | 不成立 | 
| [35:56] | on the charge of murder in the second degree, | 关于二级谋杀罪的指控 | 
| [35:59] | we find the defendant | 我们判决被告罪名 | 
| [36:01] | not guilty. | 不成立 | 
| [36:05] | Commonwealth vs. Kevin Peete, | 马萨诸塞州诉Kevin Peete | 
| [36:08] | on the charge of murder in the first degree, | 关于一级谋杀罪的指控 | 
| [36:11] | we find the defendant Kevin Pete | 我们判决被告Kevin Peete | 
| [36:15] | guilty as charged. | 罪名成立 | 
| [36:16] | So say you all? | 陪审团一致同意吗 | 
| [36:18] | We do. | 是的 | 
| [36:19] | Oh my God. | 哦 天啊 | 
| [36:21] | Members of the jury, | 陪审团成员 | 
| [36:23] | this completes your service. | 你们的工作完成了 | 
| [36:25] | The bailiff will take Mr. Pete into custody. | 法警请将Peete先生收押 | 
| [36:27] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 | 
| [36:32] | It wasn’t me. | 不是我 | 
| [36:39] | It wasn’t me. | 真的不是我 | 
| [36:57] | What now, Helen? | 现在怎么样 Helen | 
| [36:59] | You get your conviction, | 你得到了有罪判决 | 
| [37:00] | but for the wrong guy. | 但是却是无辜的人 | 
| [37:03] | What now? | 怎么样 | 
| [37:10] | Do you believe it? | 你相信吗 | 
| [37:13] | What you said to Rebecca? | 你和Rebecca说的那些 | 
| [37:17] | I don’t know, Bobby. | 我不知道 Bobby | 
| [37:20] | I think I have always known | 我一直都知道 | 
| [37:21] | that we have to step over our lines. | 我们有时候必须违背一些原则 | 
| [37:23] | I’m not even sure what those lines are anymore. | 我现在都不确定我还有没有原则了 | 
| [37:28] | There is nobody I know | 我想不出还有什么人 | 
| [37:30] | more moral than you. | 比你更有道德感了 | 
| [37:33] | I don’t feel that way, | 我不这么觉得 | 
| [37:35] | not for a long time. | 而且不是一天两天了 | 
| [37:38] | Well, that’s my failure. | 那是我的失败 | 
| [37:45] | You know my dad, | 你知道我爸爸 | 
| [37:46] | was here earlier, | 之前来过了 | 
| [37:48] | When we stood in the conference room | 当我们在会议室里 | 
| [37:50] | wondering whether or not… | 想着我们是不是… | 
| [37:54] | When I got hit by the car, | 当我被车撞的时候 | 
| [37:57] | lying on the road and that… | 我躺在路上 那些… | 
| [37:59] | that life flashing stuff, | 那些人生闪回之类的事情 | 
| [38:03] | it happens. | 确实会发生 | 
| [38:06] | You know what my flash was? | 你知道我的闪回是什么吗 | 
| [38:12] | A waste. | 虚度 | 
| [38:14] | I had no kids, no family, | 我没有孩子 没有家庭 | 
| [38:19] | except my dad who I never… | 除了我的爸爸 我却从来没有… | 
| [38:24] | I can’t remember the last time | 我都不记得上次我对他说 | 
| [38:25] | I told him I loved him. | 我爱他是什么时候了 | 
| [38:28] | And all of you who I never… | 还有对你们所有人 我从来… | 
| [38:35] | I am proud to work with you, Ellenor. | 我很荣幸能与你共事 Ellenor | 
| [38:41] | I’m sorry you don’t know that. | 我很抱歉你不知道 | 
| [38:46] | It’s not too late, you know, | 现在还不晚 | 
| [38:49] | to tell your father that you… | 还来得及告诉你父亲 你… | 
| [38:52] | you’re proud of him. | 你为他骄傲 | 
| [38:55] | I did | 我说了 | 
| [38:58] | today. | 就在今天 | 
| [39:06] | It was overdue. | 但是太迟了 | 
| [39:11] | Would you excuse me for a second? | 我想一个人安静一会 | 
| [39:19] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [39:36] | Bobby Bobby. | |
| [39:37] | I’d like some privacy, Lindsay. | 我想一个人呆会 Lindsay | 
| [39:40] | Fine, I won’t let anybody else in. | 好 我不会让其他人进来的 | 
| [39:50] | Things make a little more sense to me now. | 我现在有点明白了 | 
| [39:54] | As a little kid I had run around those offices, | 小时候 我在他们办公室里玩耍 | 
| [39:59] | wanting to be them, | 想成为他们那样的人 | 
| [40:01] | wanting to dress like them, | 跟他们一样西装革履 | 
| [40:03] | go to court, argue cases, | 一样上法庭 代理案件 | 
| [40:07] | be important. | 被人看重 | 
| [40:11] | At the same time, i hated them. | 但同时 我又恨他们 | 
| [40:13] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [40:15] | The way they treated him. | 他们看待他的态度 | 
| [40:19] | I should say the way they didn’ t treat him. | 或许应该说他们根本就不看待他 | 
| [40:23] | He is just a janitor. | 他只是个清洁工 | 
| [40:26] | He was never really in the room | 在他们的眼里 | 
| [40:28] | when he was in the room. | 他根本就不存在 | 
| [40:30] | Like you say, Bobby, | 就像你说的 Bobby | 
| [40:32] | we will never be them. | 我们永远也不会成为那样的人 | 
| [40:40] | Thanks for saying that, you’re…you heard all about him. | 谢谢你说你…你听说了很多他的事 | 
| [40:52] | I feel so ashamed. | 我感到很羞愧 | 
| [40:54] | Would you have… | 你能不能… | 
| [41:07] | Mr. Young? | Young先生 | 
| [41:08] | Yes? | 嗯 | 
| [41:10] | Pierce Streta, I was on the jury. | 我叫Pierce Streta 我是陪审员 | 
| [41:12] | Oh, yes. | 哦 对 | 
| [41:17] | Do you mind my asking how? | 可不可以告诉我为什么这么判 | 
| [41:22] | We couldn’t know who did it. | 我们不知道是谁做的 | 
| [41:23] | Maybe they both did it. | 也许他们一起做的 | 
| [41:26] | Then why did you convict Kevin Pete? | 那你为什么判Kevin Peete有罪 | 
| [41:29] | In your closing argument, | 在你的结案陈词里 | 
| [41:32] | you talked about why the district attorney | 你说到为什么检察官 | 
| [41:34] | wanted a joint trial and so forth, | 想要合并审理之类的 | 
| [41:36] | you said a lot of stuff, | 你说了很多 | 
| [41:39] | except you never said your client was innocent. | 但是你没有说过你的当事人是无辜的 | 
| [41:43] | We picked up on that in deliberation. | 我们在讨论的时候注意到这一点 | 
| [41:45] | Then suddenly there was a swell. | 突然就有了结果 | 
| [41:48] | That was… | 你是因为… | 
| [41:49] | you convicted a man on that? | 你就因为这个判我的当事人有罪? | 
| [41:52] | Because in my closing… | 因为我的结案陈词… | 
| [41:58] | Well, you were right about one thing, | 总之 你有一件事情说对了 | 
| [42:03] | somebody is gonna pay. | 总有人要付出代价 |