时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[00:06] | She passed the BAR. | 她通过了律师资格考试 |
[00:07] | What? | 什么 |
[00:08] | I have been going to night school. | 我一直在上夜校 |
[00:10] | Law school at night? | 法律夜校? |
[00:11] | For the last five years. | 上了五年了 |
[00:13] | A case, my own case. | 案子 我自己的案子 |
[00:16] | Stolen bike. One day trial, | 盗窃自行车 庭审只有一天 |
[00:18] | a couple of weeks from now, no big deal. | 大概两个星期之后 小案子 |
[00:20] | You had no idea who the bike belong to? | 你不知道是谁的自行车? |
[00:22] | No. | 不知道 |
[00:24] | You stole it. | 你偷了这辆车 |
[00:25] | Miss Dole? | Dole小姐 |
[00:28] | Professor? | 教授 |
[00:29] | Bobby Donnell is a good practitioner, | Bobby Donnell是个好的法律从业者 |
[00:31] | you studied to be a lawyer. | 但是你要成为真正的律师 |
[00:33] | I…I don’t mean to speak out of turn, | 我…我不想多管闲事 |
[00:35] | it’s just…I should hate to see you waste your gift. | 只是…我很不愿看到你浪费自己的天分 |
[00:38] | On what basis do you sue my firm | 你基于什么理由起诉我的事务所 |
[00:40] | or me? | 起诉我? |
[00:41] | On the basis of a hunch. | 基于我的直觉 |
[00:44] | I’ll be in court personally to respond to your motion. | 我会亲自出庭应诉 |
[00:47] | Then this doesn’t have to be goodbye. | 那我就用不着跟你说再见了 |
[00:51] | I… | 我… |
[00:55] | I’m disappointed. | 我很失望 |
[01:08] | Helen Helen. | |
[01:09] | Oh, don’t get me Helen. | 哦 少来这一套 |
[01:11] | I was about to go running, ok? | 我正准备去跑步 |
[01:13] | My day was over until you called | 你给我打电话的时候 我都已经下班了 |
[01:14] | Why do you need me to monitor a lineup? | 你们指认嫌犯为什么需要我在场 |
[01:16] | Because I do, | 因为我的确需要你在场 |
[01:17] | and you’ll know why in a second. | 你很快就会知道为什么 |
[01:20] | All right, face forward. | 可以了 面朝前方 |
[01:25] | Homicide? | 谋杀案? |
[01:26] | Yep. boyfriend bludgeoned a babysitter. | 是 男友打死了做保姆的女友 |
[01:28] | We already did one lineup. | 我们已经指认过一次 |
[01:30] | But we wanna run it again. | 但是我们想再指认一遍 |
[01:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:35] | Coz this is the witness. | 因为他就是我们的证人 |
[01:38] | Danny Ok, Danny, | |
[01:39] | we just need to do this one more time. | 我们还要再做一遍 |
[01:44] | We need you to point to the man who hit Cindy, | 我们需要你指出来是谁杀了Cindy |
[01:48] | ok, buddy? | 好吗 小伙子 |
[01:49] | Ok. | 好 |
[01:49] | Let’s do this real quick, sweetheart. | 我们抓紧时间做完吧 宝贝 |
[01:52] | See, | 看见没有 |
[01:52] | we have to get the mother to direct him a little. | 我们不得不让他的母亲在旁边指导一下 |
[01:55] | And legally, I wanna be covered. | 在法律上 我不希望留下破绽 |
[01:58] | Go ahead. | 开始吧 |
[02:01] | Number one, step forward. | 一号 站到前面来 |
[02:04] | Is that the man who hit Cindy, sweetheart? | 打死Cindy的是不是他 宝贝 |
[02:07] | Step back. Number two. | 退后 二号 |
[02:11] | Is that the man? | 是这个人吗 |
[02:14] | No. | 不是 |
[02:15] | Step back. Number three. | 退后 三号 |
[02:22] | Is that the man? | 是这个人吗 |
[02:28] | Is that the man? | 是这个人吗 |
[02:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:34] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[02:36] | Yes. | 是 |
[02:46] | It’s ok. It’s ok. | 没事 没事 |
[03:36] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[03:37] | Well, Thursday is good, | 星期四可以 |
[03:39] | if we’re still looking Thursday, | 如果仍然安排在星期四的话 |
[03:40] | we need to fill the position now. | 我们需要马上能来上班 |
[03:42] | All right then, hold on a minute. | 那好 请稍等 |
[03:45] | Donnell, Young, Dole & Frutt, | Donnell Yong Dole和Frutt事务所 |
[03:47] | one moment please. Lindsay. | 稍等一会 Lindsay |
[03:49] | I’m going for the day. | 我要下班了 |
[03:50] | It’s your professor friend, Pearson. | 是你的教授朋友 Pearson |
[03:54] | What does he want? | 他有什么事 |
[03:58] | Hello? | 你好 |
[03:58] | Lindsay, I… | Lindsay 我… |
[03:59] | Hi, | 嗨 |
[04:00] | wait, wait, wait, wait, slow down, slow down. | 别急 别急 说慢点 说慢点 |
[04:04] | All right, where is he now? | 他现在在哪里 |
[04:06] | Did you call the police? | 你报警没有 |
[04:09] | Yes, I’m on my way. | 好的 我马上过来 |
[04:10] | Yes, I’ll bring Bobby, ok? | 是 我叫Bobby跟我一起来 |
[04:12] | Just give me your address. | 把地址告诉我 |
[04:12] | What, what bring Bobby? | 什么 什么叫Bobby一起来 |
[04:13] | Bobby has got a ticket to the Red Sox game. | Bobby要去看红袜队的比赛 |
[04:15] | Come on, the day is just beginning. | 不去了 我们要开始工作 |
[04:16] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[04:17] | -Anderson Pearson, my staff show professor? -Yeah? | -Anderson Pearson 我的教授 -嗯? |
[04:20] | He just shot somebody, dead. | 他刚刚开枪杀了人 |
[04:21] | What? | 什么 |
[04:22] | Come on. He’s specifically asked for you. | 走吧 他点名要你去 |
[04:25] | Ah, why do I always have to be the one that… | 为什么我总是… |
[04:28] | Oh, yes. | 哦 是啊 |
[04:31] | Every tregedy has a silver lining. | 每件悲剧的背后 都有好的一面 |
[04:37] | And you believe he is right? | 你相信他是对的? |
[04:40] | Unfortunately I do. | 不幸的是 我的确相信 |
[04:41] | He also described the guy’s clothing. Jacket and hat. | 他还描述了凶手的穿着 夹克衫和帽子 |
[04:45] | Was he wearing any of that clothing in the lineup? | 嫌犯在被指认的时候有没有这样的穿着 |
[04:47] | Give me some credit. | 我还不至于犯这种错误 |
[04:48] | Look, he is four years old. | 可是 他只有四岁啊 |
[04:51] | He is not gonna be a witness in a trial, for God’s sake. | 他不能在法庭上出庭作证 老天爷 |
[04:57] | He..he is four. | 他…他才四岁 |
[05:04] | Mrs. Walsh, I’m sure we’ll be able to | Walsh太太 我相信从现在开始 |
[05:07] | collect a lot of physical evidence | 到审判开始之前 |
[05:09] | between now and the trial, | 我们能够收集到足够的物证 |
[05:10] | but for the purpose of holding the defendant, | 但是为了能够将被告羁押 |
[05:12] | we may be looking at a probable cause hearing, | 我们也许要应对正当诉由听证 |
[05:15] | which might mean your son having to testify. | 这可能意味着你儿子必须作证 |
[05:18] | I’m hoping not. | 我也希望没这个必要 |
[05:19] | The arraignment is tomorrow. | 聆讯安排在明天上午 |
[05:22] | -Does… -He doesn’t have to be there | -他… -他不用去 |
[05:24] | and I’ll be in touch with you right after. | 结束之后我会马上跟你联系 |
[05:34] | -Anderson Pearson’s attorneys. -Go ahead. | -Anderson Pearson的律师 -进去吧 |
[05:44] | Ah, excuse me, | 打扰一下 |
[05:45] | we represent Anderson Pearson. | 我们是Anderson Pearson的律师 |
[05:47] | Come on. | 跟我来吧 |
[05:50] | Uh, try not to touch anything. | 不要碰到这些东西 |
[06:07] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:09] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[06:10] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你们赶过来 |
[06:13] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[06:14] | Well, he…uh… | 呃 他…嗯… |
[06:17] | This man has been terrorizing us for a month. | 这个人已经威胁了我们一个月 |
[06:19] | We know he’s vandalized our property | 我们知道他毁坏了我们的财物 |
[06:20] | even though we can’t prove it. | 虽然我们没有证据 |
[06:22] | Why was he terrorizing you? | 他为什么要威胁你 |
[06:23] | Well, I…I… | 呃 我…我… |
[06:24] | I cut him off on an exit ramp. | 我在公路出口撞到了他 |
[06:26] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[06:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:28] | He phoned our home, he is a crazy man. | 他打电话到我们家 他是个疯子 |
[06:31] | We finally had to get a restraining order, for God’s sake. | 我们最后不得不申请法庭禁令 老天爷 |
[06:34] | All right, what happened tonight? | 那么 今天晚上是怎么回事 |
[06:36] | I…saw him pulled up in front | 我…看到他把车停在我们家门口 |
[06:39] | and I said to Andy ” my God, he is here again”, | 我跟Andy说 天哪 他又来了 |
[06:41] | and Andy got his gun. | Andy把枪拿出来 |
[06:43] | I just planed to let him know that I…I was armed, | 我只是想让他知道我…我手上有武器 |
[06:45] | I…I…I won’t… | 我…我…我没想… |
[06:49] | He rang the bell, I opened the door. | 他按了门铃 我把门打开 |
[06:51] | He was standing there, holding our cat. | 他站在门口 手里举着我们的猫 |
[06:55] | She was dead. | 它已经死掉了 |
[06:57] | He dropped it to my feet and said, | 他把猫扔到我脚边 对我说 |
[07:03] | “something must be the matter with her.” | 它一定出了什么毛病 |
[07:06] | Well, I just…I…I pointed my gun at him. | 呃 我就…我…我拿枪指着他 |
[07:09] | And…and told him if he ever bothers us again, | 我…我告诉他如果他再来烦我们 |
[07:13] | I…I…I’d kill him. | 我…我…我就杀了他 |
[07:15] | And then he said something like, uh, | 然后他说了一番话 他说 |
[07:19] | I…I’m just a little mouse. | 我…我只是个小老鼠 |
[07:22] | A…a mouse couldn’t hurt you. | 老…老鼠又伤害不了你 |
[07:25] | And then he said, | 然后他还说 |
[07:27] | maybe it was a mouse that killed the cat. | 也许是哪只老鼠杀死了你的猫 |
[07:33] | And then I… | 于是我… |
[07:35] | I was shooting him. | 我向他开枪了 |
[07:40] | What have you told the police? | 你跟警方是怎么说的 |
[07:42] | The same thing I…I just told you. | 就像…就像我刚告诉你的一样 |
[07:48] | No sign of struggle, the victim had no weapon. | 没有搏斗的迹象 受害人没有武器 |
[07:51] | It’s no-brainer. | 显而易见 |
[07:52] | You know who this is? | 你知道他是谁吗 |
[07:53] | Anderson Pearson is one of the presitigous lawyers… | Anderson Pearson是最著名的律师之一 他… |
[07:55] | He shot a guy five times. | 他对人连开了五枪 |
[07:57] | We’ll surrender him tomorrow at the arraignment, | 明天聆讯的时候我们会把他交给警方 |
[07:59] | he is not going anywhere. | 他哪儿都不会去 |
[07:59] | -For a homicide? -Ok, let’s go. | -在这样的谋杀案中? -好了 走吧 |
[08:04] | We’re going with you, professor. | 我们跟你一起去 教授 |
[08:30] | He is in some troulbe, Lindsay. | 他这次麻烦大了 Lindsay |
[08:41] | It was Jimmy said take it. | 是Jimmy说要偷那辆车 |
[08:43] | then he just clipped the lock and he got on. | 然后他把锁剪开 骑了上去 |
[08:46] | You got on it later. | 你后来也骑了 |
[08:48] | I know, but later, | 对 但那是后来的事 |
[08:49] | by then it was Jimmy’s bike. | 那时候已经是Jimmy的自行车了 |
[08:52] | I didn’t steal the bike. | 我没有偷自行车 |
[08:53] | Just took a little ride on Jimmy’s stolen bike. | 我只是骑着Jimmy偷来的自行车兜了一会 |
[08:59] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[09:00] | – Don’t you be swatting him. – You need to be swatting him. | -你不可以打他 -你该教训教训他 |
[09:02] | – I will file criminal charges. – Does that sound ** to you? | -我要控告你 -你相信他吗 |
[09:03] | Maybe that’s why he is out stealing bike. | 怪不得他要出去偷自行车 |
[09:05] | -he needs somebody to discipline him. -If anybody can kick his bottom, | -他需要有人好好管教他 -要是他该打屁股 |
[09:07] | it will be me. | 那也应该是我来打 |
[09:08] | -Then do it. -He is telling you the truth. | -那就动手吧 -他说的是实话 |
[09:09] | Rebecca, can I be of help? | Rebecca 需要我帮忙吗 |
[09:12] | Yes, you can. | 需要 |
[09:13] | Your associate here keeps hitting my son’s head. | 你的同事不停地打我儿子的头 |
[09:16] | The trial starts tomorrow, | 明天就要庭审了 |
[09:18] | I have to know what I’m dealing with. | 我必须完全了解案情 |
[09:20] | He told you the truth. | 他把实话都告诉你了 |
[09:23] | I need to speak with Miss Washington one second. | 我要跟Washington小姐说几句话 |
[09:25] | Can it wait? | 可以等会再说吗 |
[09:27] | No. | 不行 |
[09:38] | You’re not the kid’s social worker. | 你不是这孩子的社工 |
[09:40] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[09:40] | But I have to make a decision as to | 但是我必须判断 |
[09:42] | whether or not I have a truthful witness. | 他是不是一个可靠的证人 |
[09:43] | If I don’t believe him, how will a jury? | 如果我都不相信他 陪审团会相信吗 |
[09:46] | Well, stop hitting him in the head. | 不要再打他的头了 |
[09:53] | Why is she talking about a jury? | 她怎么说到陪审团了 |
[09:55] | She is not gonna try this, is she? | 她不会真的为这个案子上庭吧 |
[09:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:02] | Oh, God, here? | 哦 天哪 就是这里? |
[10:04] | I can’t work here, my parents would kill me. | 我不能在这里上班 我爸妈会杀了我 |
[10:07] | Can I help you? | 请问你有什么事 |
[10:08] | They said this was an upscale law firm. | 他们还说是家高端律师事务所 |
[10:10] | Yeah, do you work here? | 哦 你们是这里的律师吗 |
[10:11] | Ah, yes, I do, and you would be? | 啊 是啊 我是 你是… |
[10:14] | Oh, hi, sorry. | 哦 嗨 不好意思 |
[10:16] | Lucy Hatcher. | 我叫Lucy Hatcher |
[10:17] | Hi, Lucy. | 嗨 Lucy |
[10:18] | It’s fine and ok to wear jeans here, huh? | 在这里穿牛仔裤没有问题吧 |
[10:22] | Oh, you’re here about the secretarial job? | 哦 你是来应聘秘书的? |
[10:25] | Legal assistant. | 律师助理 |
[10:26] | I do phones too, don’t worry. | 我也可以接电话 别担心 |
[10:28] | It said I’d take care of five lawyers. | 据说我要负责照顾五个律师 |
[10:30] | You guys two of them? | 你们是其中两个吗 |
[10:32] | Yep, that’s us. We’re… | 对 没错 我们… |
[10:34] | we’re two of them. | 我们是其中两个 |
[10:37] | Could I make a suggestion? | 我可以提个建议吗 |
[10:38] | Not that it’s my place to give advice | 虽然我还没有资格提建议 |
[10:41] | and neither that ever stop me, | 不过我不介意 |
[10:42] | but when you guys meet people, | 当你们与别人初次见面的时候 |
[10:45] | hand shake, eye contact, | 握手 目光接触 |
[10:46] | then your name. | 然后说名字 |
[10:48] | Just like I do, see, | 就像我这样 瞧 |
[10:49] | Lucy Hatcher Lucy Hatcher. | |
[10:50] | Eh, James Berluti. | 呃 James Berluti |
[10:52] | Good to meet you, James. | 很高兴认识你 James |
[10:54] | Lucy Hatcher, hi. | Lucy Hatcher 你好 |
[10:56] | Ellenor Frutt Ellenor Frutt. | |
[10:59] | Frutt? Frutt? | |
[11:01] | It’s a good name, kind of | 好名字 听起来就像 |
[11:03] | “don’t mess with me”. | “别惹我” |
[11:08] | Helen? Helen? | |
[11:09] | Oh, hi, Kent. | 嗨 Kent |
[11:11] | I got Parish, court appointed. | Parish的案子在我手上 法庭指定的 |
[11:14] | Babysitter guy. | 杀害女友 |
[11:15] | -Oh God. My condolences. -Yeah | -哦 天哪 节哀顺变吧 -嗯 |
[11:17] | Look, I wanna read the report. | 我希望看一下报告 |
[11:21] | I’m gonna be asking for a probable cause. | 我会申请正当诉由听证 |
[11:24] | -The kid… -He is four, I know | -那个孩子才… -他才四岁 我知道 |
[11:26] | I don’t want to, but…how can I not? | 我也不想 可是…我非这么做不可 |
[11:29] | Kent Kent. | |
[11:31] | What am I gonna do? | 我能怎么办 |
[11:33] | Case No. 32427, | 案号32427 |
[11:35] | Commonwealth vs. Anderson Pearson, | 马萨诸塞州诉Anderson Pearson |
[11:37] | second degree murder. | 二级谋杀罪 |
[11:39] | Robert Donnell for the defendant, your honor, | Robert Donnell为被告辩护 法官阁下 |
[11:41] | waive reading, we’re also hoping to waive bail. | 放弃宣读权利 我们请求保释 |
[11:44] | Second degree, I have to oppose that, your honor. | 二级谋杀 我反对保释 法官阁下 |
[11:47] | I’m afraid I’m gonna have to recuse myself. | 恐怕我必须回避这个案子 |
[11:49] | I know Anderson Pearson. | 我认识Anderson Pearson |
[11:52] | Uh, we’ll transfer you to | 呃 我们将你移交给 |
[11:54] | third session to address bail. | 第三庭审查保释问题 |
[11:57] | Next case. | 下个案子 |
[12:03] | You ok? | 你还好吗 |
[12:05] | No. | 不好 |
[12:20] | We’re not getting bail. | 法庭不准我们保释 |
[12:22] | Second degree. If…if they ever gave bail to you, | 二级谋杀 如果…如果他们准许你保释 |
[12:25] | the press… | 媒体… |
[12:27] | sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:29] | I’ll be in jail for a long time. | 我恐怕要在监狱呆上很长时间 |
[12:31] | That’s what we’d like to talk about. | 我们正准备跟你说这个 |
[12:33] | The evidence here is basically all in, | 本案的证据基本上都已经清楚了 |
[12:35] | any forensics we just confirmed | 所有的法医学证据我们都认可 |
[12:36] | or we already stipulate to. | 有的已经承认了 |
[12:38] | There is nothing to stop us | 我们应该可以 |
[12:39] | from going to trial almost immediately. | 立即开始庭审 |
[12:42] | Can we get an immediately trial? | 我们可以马上开始庭审吗 |
[12:43] | Well, knowing the judge does count for something. | 呃 我们认识法官 或许有点用处 |
[12:45] | We could go within a month | 如果我们愿意的话 |
[12:47] | if we want. | 可以在一个月内庭审 |
[12:48] | The DA is agreed. | 检察官也同意 |
[12:49] | Unless we plead insanity, | 除非我们以精神失常来抗辩 |
[12:51] | which would mean lots of tests, expert witnesses. | 那样的话会有大量的检测 专家证人 |
[12:53] | Insanity? | 精神失常? |
[12:55] | That is an option. | 可以考虑一下 |
[12:56] | You saw your dead cat, | 你看到自己的猫死掉了 |
[12:57] | you just temporarily lost it. | 你暂时精神失常 |
[12:59] | And with temporarily, | 因为是暂时的 |
[13:00] | if we win, you walk, | 如果我们赢了 你会被当庭释放 |
[13:01] | no hospital, free man. | 不用进医院 完全自由身 |
[13:02] | Is that what you’re recommending? | 你建议打精神失常? |
[13:04] | No. | 不 |
[13:06] | The problem is | 问题在于 |
[13:07] | your getting the gun before he came to the door, | 你在他敲门之前就拿好了手枪 |
[13:10] | plus your theat you’ll kill him. | 加上你曾经威胁要杀他 |
[13:11] | It doesn’t preclude insanity, | 虽然并不意味着精神失常必然不成立 |
[13:13] | but it makes for a very tough sell. | 但是会很难说服陪审团 |
[13:15] | Next time you shoot somebody, | 下次你要开枪杀人的话 |
[13:17] | you should wave your arms around like crazy first. | 你应该首先像个疯子一样挥舞胳膊 |
[13:20] | Bad joke. | 不恰当的玩笑 |
[13:22] | What are you recommending? | 你有什么建议 |
[13:28] | I’d like to go self-defense. | 我建议打正当防卫 |
[13:31] | Self-defense? The man was unarmed. | 正当防卫? 他又没有武器 |
[13:33] | And talking to your wife, | 据你妻子说 |
[13:34] | you two felt like this man might end up hurting you one day. | 你们两个都担心他总有一天会伤害你们 |
[13:38] | Isn’t that the reason you bought the gun? | 你不正是因为这个担心才买枪的吗 |
[13:39] | I…I’m not a criminal lawyer, | 我…我虽然不是刑事辩护律师 |
[13:42] | but I seem to remember that the danger | 但我还记得正当防卫的前提条件是 |
[13:44] | has to be immediate to justify self-defense. | 危险必须是迫切存在的 |
[13:46] | Technically, yes. | 理论上 是这样 |
[13:48] | But if we can argue it, | 但如果我们能主张正当防卫 |
[13:50] | I think we can get the jury to buy it. | 我相信陪审团会买账 |
[13:53] | The rap sheet on the victim was long, | 受害者有一长串前科 |
[13:56] | he was a bad guy. | 他是个坏人 |
[14:05] | If uh…if you don’t mind, | 如果…如果你们不介意 |
[14:09] | I’d like you to run this by | 我想请你们征求一下 |
[14:11] | some lawyers of my firm. | 我自己事务所的律师的意见 |
[14:13] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[14:22] | Self-defense? | 正当防卫? |
[14:24] | The guy had no weapon. | 被害人没有武器 |
[14:26] | Well, that’s what I’m looking up, | 呃 我正在查呢 |
[14:28] | whether we can still use it. | 我看正当防卫能不能成立 |
[14:31] | Donnell, Yong & Frutt, please hold. | Donnell Yong和Frutt事务所 请稍等 |
[14:35] | I…I wouldn’t buy it. | 我觉得不是正当防卫 |
[14:36] | And I am good every man compass, | 而且我的意见很有代表性 |
[14:38] | you know, one shot, maybe two. | 你想 如果就一枪 有可能 |
[14:41] | Five? Jail. | 五枪? 坐牢去吧 |
[14:45] | May I help you? | 能为你效劳吗 |
[14:47] | I’m not sure. | 我不知道 |
[14:49] | You’re a lawyer here. | 你是这里的律师 |
[14:51] | Lucy Hatcher. | 我是Lucy Hatcher |
[14:52] | Saw a picture of Donnell, | 我看过Donnell的照片 |
[14:54] | you’re not him, | 你不是Donnell |
[14:54] | so, you must be Eugene Young. | 所以 你一定是Eugene Young |
[14:56] | I’m Rebecca Washington’s replacement. | 我是来接替Rebecca Washington的 |
[14:59] | Why does everyone here give me the fish? | 为什么每个人的握手都这么软弱无力 |
[15:02] | Big strong guy like you, | 像你这样的大块头 |
[15:03] | how can you not have a strong hand shake? | 握手的时候为什么不能坚强有力一点呢 |
[15:05] | Oh, excuse. | 不好意思 |
[15:06] | Donnell, Yong & Frutt, please hold. | Donnell Young和Frutt事务所 请稍等 |
[15:08] | Lucy, how many calls have you already hold right now? | Lucy 你”稍等”了多少个电话了 |
[15:12] | Right, | 说得对 |
[15:13] | hello, hi, may I help you? | 你好 请问有什么事 |
[15:18] | It’s not that I’m not sympathetic. | 不是说我没有同情心 |
[15:19] | He is already traumatize from witnessing the murder. | 他已经因为亲眼目睹谋杀案而受到创伤 |
[15:22] | If we bring him into court, | 如果我们带他上法庭 |
[15:23] | throw him to a witness chair… | 让他出庭作证… |
[15:24] | Problem is he is all you have. | 问题是 他的证言是唯一的证据 |
[15:26] | Get me something else to show cause, otherwise I… | 你再提交一些证据来证明诉由 否则我… |
[15:29] | It’s not unheard of to take judicial notice of a lineup ID. | 以”司法认知”来认定证人的指证并非没有先例 【即:显著事实无需证明】 |
[15:32] | Come on, Helen. | 真的吗 Helen |
[15:33] | And it’s not unheard of for a defense attorney | 而且辩护律师放弃申请正当诉由听证 |
[15:35] | to waive probable cause. | 也并非没有先例 |
[15:36] | In this case, | 在这个案子上 |
[15:37] | it would be malpractice for me to waive it. | 我如果放弃就是严重失职 |
[15:39] | -Kent. -Hey, take me off the case. | -Kent -嘿 别让我办这个案子 |
[15:41] | I’d love it. | 我求之不得 |
[15:42] | Find another PD that’ll say yes if you can. | 另外去找个愿意配合你的公设辩护律师 |
[15:44] | You think I’m having fun here? | 你以为我很乐意做这个案子吗 |
[15:45] | He is four years old. | 他只有四岁 |
[15:47] | And every defendant has a right to confront his own accuser. | 每个被告都有权跟指证他的人当面对质 |
[15:51] | Without that four-year-old, | 这个四岁的孩子不出来作证 |
[15:52] | the killer walks. | 杀手将立即释放 |
[15:55] | Which result do you hate more? | 哪个结果是你更不愿意看到的 |
[15:57] | We searched his house, nothing. | 我们搜查了他的家 什么都没找到 |
[15:59] | So the clothes and weapons he must have got rid of. | 他肯定把衣服跟凶器都处理掉了 |
[16:02] | -You gotta find something. -Detective. | -你一定要再找点证据 -警官 |
[16:05] | Oh, Helen, this is Mr. and Mrs. Harrelson. | 哦 Helen 这是Harrelson夫妇 |
[16:08] | -It was their daugher who was… -Oh, I’m so sorry. | -就是他们的女儿被… -哦 很抱歉 |
[16:11] | Are you gonna put him away? | 你会把他送进监狱吗 |
[16:13] | I’m gonna try. | 我会尽力 |
[16:14] | Is there anything you can tell me? | 你能不能提供一些有用的信息 |
[16:17] | Cindy would say that he threatened her sometimes, | Cindy说他有几次威胁过自己 |
[16:20] | but I don’t think physically. | 但是我觉得不是人身伤害的威胁 |
[16:21] | I mean, just broken heart. | 只是精神痛苦 |
[16:23] | Just please get him, would you? | 拜托你让他进监狱 好吗 |
[16:27] | We will. | 我们会的 |
[16:29] | Ah, excuse me, Miss Fields? | 打扰一下 Fields小姐 |
[16:31] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[16:32] | Uh, I’m Rebecca Washington, | 我是Rebecca Washington |
[16:33] | I represent Michael Baylor. | 我是Michael Baylor的律师 |
[16:35] | Who? | 谁 |
[16:36] | Baylor, his trial starts tomorrow. | Baylor 他的案子明天开庭 |
[16:38] | Tomorrow? I think you have the wrong DA. | 明天? 我想你找错人了 |
[16:40] | No, you’re on the file. | 没有 案卷上写的是你的名字 |
[16:42] | Bicycle theft, juvie. | 盗窃自行车 未成年人 |
[16:44] | Oh, yeah, | 哦 对 |
[16:46] | God, you almost gave me a heart attack. | 老天 差点被你吓出心脏病来 |
[16:49] | He is not a bad kid. | 他不是个坏孩子 |
[16:51] | No problem. sufficient facts, | 没问题 承认”充分事实” 【被告承认存在认定罪名成立的充分事实,但技术上不认罪】 |
[16:52] | no finding, got for a second… | 不做判决 下一次… |
[16:54] | Well, no finding really isn’t acceptalbe. | 我们不能接受这样的条件 |
[16:56] | If we admit to sufficient facts, | 如果我们承认”充分事实” |
[16:58] | even though it’s technically not on his record, | 尽管理论上不会留下案底 |
[16:59] | it comes back | 但是如果他下次再被拘捕 |
[17:00] | if he is ever arrested again. | 这个案子就会被翻出来 |
[17:01] | Well, what are you looking for? | 那么 你想要什么结果 |
[17:03] | Not guilty. We’re gonna roll with the trial. | 无罪 不然的话我们宁愿开庭审理 |
[17:08] | You’re not serious. | 你不是当真的吧 |
[17:09] | His friend took the bike. | 是他朋友偷的自行车 |
[17:11] | He rode on it later, | 他只是后来骑了一会 |
[17:13] | but he is not the one who stole it. | 但车并不是他偷的 |
[17:14] | You actually want to try this? | 你真的要开庭审理这个案子 |
[17:16] | Well, I’d like it for you to dismiss it. | 呃 我希望你撤销指控 |
[17:18] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[17:19] | Well, I can’t advise my client | 我不能建议我的当事人 |
[17:21] | to admit something he didn’t do. | 承认不存在的事实 |
[17:23] | So I have to notify the witnesses to show up? | 这么说 我还得通知证人出庭? |
[17:25] | We’re going to trial? | 我们要开庭审理? |
[17:26] | I guess. | 我想是的 |
[17:27] | Miss Washington, it’s a bike! | Washington小姐 一辆自行车而已 |
[17:30] | Misdemeanor. I even forgot to fob it off. | 轻罪 我都忘了这回事 |
[17:33] | That’s how small this is. | 多么小的一个案子 |
[17:34] | It’s not small to my client. | 对我的当事人来说可不小 |
[17:36] | He wants to keep his record clean. | 他不希望留下任何案底 |
[17:38] | You do realize if you push for a jury trial and lose, | 你该知道如果你在庭审中输掉了 |
[17:42] | your client could get time? | 你的当事人会坐牢 |
[17:46] | He didn’t steal the bike. | 他没有偷自行车 |
[17:49] | You should have seen them, | 你真该看看他们 |
[17:50] | eight lawyers, not a single expression among them, | 八个律师 脸上没有一丝表情 |
[17:52] | they’re staring back at us like zombies. | 像僵尸一样瞪着我们 |
[17:54] | Oh, I have to say, Lindsay, | 我不得不说 Lindsay |
[17:56] | self-defense? | 正当防卫? |
[17:57] | It wasn’t like they were questioning us so much as they were… | 并不是说他们质疑我们的策略 而是… |
[17:59] | -High rise, brain dead,pants stripped, drugs -Exactly | -高端 愚蠢.. -完全正确 |
[18:02] | Whoa? | 哇 |
[18:03] | I told you! | 我没说错吧 |
[18:04] | This is…why is she moving out? | 这房子…她为什么搬走了 |
[18:08] | She got transfered, London. | 工作调动 去伦敦了 |
[18:09] | She is willing to sublet at the same practice. | 她想转租给同行 |
[18:11] | Oh, can we afford this? | 我们能租得起吗 |
[18:13] | Remember, I’m a civil servant, | 别忘了 我只是个公务员 |
[18:15] | I don’t have all that drug money lining around. | 没有那么多毒贩的钱等着我去挣 |
[18:17] | Funny, | 幽默 |
[18:18] | 2200 a month. | 2200一个月 |
[18:20] | Think of all the man | 有了这个地方 |
[18:21] | we can pick up with this. | 想想我们能带多少男人回来 |
[18:22] | And that’s all I pick up, I’m a slob, remember? | 准确地说 都是我带回来的 |
[18:25] | We will hire somebody. | 我们可以雇个人 |
[18:28] | You and me as roommates. | 你跟我做室友 |
[18:32] | What happens if we both come home | 如果我们俩在同一天 |
[18:34] | with Bobby on the same night? | 带Bobby回家怎么办 |
[18:35] | Funny again. | 你太幽默了 |
[18:40] | This is beautiful. | 漂亮的房子 |
[18:46] | Let’s do it. | 就这么定了 |
[18:49] | Am I crazy? | 我是不是疯了 |
[18:51] | Crazy? No. | 疯了? 没有 |
[18:52] | But will the judge even let you | 但是法官会不会根本不准你 |
[18:53] | argue self-defense? | 以正当防卫辩护 |
[18:56] | I get a conference tomorrow, I’ll know then. | 我明天要跟法官见面 到时候就知道了 |
[18:58] | Anderson Pearson Anderson Pearson? | |
[19:00] | Can you believe it? | 真是难以置信 |
[19:02] | Well, we certainly work late around here. | 看来我们要经常加班啊 |
[19:04] | Yes, we do. | 是 没错 |
[19:06] | Oh, hey, I’m not complaining. I like it. | 哦 我不是在抱怨 我喜欢加班 |
[19:08] | I never go out before ten | 我十点钟以前从不出门 |
[19:10] | and I’m lousy and idle. | 我是个懒散的人 |
[19:12] | I think you have met Lucy. | 我想你已经见过Lucy了 |
[19:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:16] | Get a hand shake. | 还握了手 |
[19:17] | You know, I used to work in a salon, | 对了 我以前在美发店工作过 |
[19:19] | I could help fix your hair. | 我可以帮你打理一下头发 |
[19:22] | You would be so…um… | 让你看起来…嗯… |
[19:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢了 |
[19:28] | I’m not a magician. | 我不是什么魔术师 |
[19:29] | But you can make yourself disappear. | 但是你可以让自己消失 |
[19:32] | Oh, good one. | 哦 有意思 |
[19:34] | Whose decision was it to hire her? | 是谁决定要雇她的 |
[19:37] | Bobby, we got a little problem. | Bobby 我们有个小问题 |
[19:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:40] | Rebecca Rebecca. | |
[19:41] | She wants to try the Baylor case. | 她准备让Baylor的案子开庭审理 |
[19:43] | What’s the Baylor case? | 什么Baylor的案子 |
[19:44] | Juvie bike theft. | 未成年人盗窃自行车 |
[19:46] | Witness saw him and another kid take it. | 目击证人看到他跟另一个孩子偷了车 |
[19:48] | The DA is offering to continue it with no finding, | 检察官同意延期 不做判决 |
[19:50] | and Rebecca wants to try it. | 但Rebecca想开庭审理 |
[19:52] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:53] | She says the other kid stole it | 她说车是另一个孩子偷的 |
[19:55] | and he was innocent. | 她的当事人是无辜的 |
[19:58] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[20:01] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[20:02] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[20:03] | You all set? | 都准备好了吗 |
[20:04] | Ah, looks like it. | 啊 看起来是准备好了 |
[20:06] | Yeah, I’m ready. | 是啊 我准备好了 |
[20:10] | Listen, if the DA is willing to continue it with no finding, | 如果检察官同意延期 不做判决 |
[20:14] | you can’t say no. | 你不应该拒绝 |
[20:14] | But he didn’t steal this bike. | 但他这次没有偷自行车 |
[20:17] | -Rebecca… -The problem is | -Rebecca… -问题在于 |
[20:18] | I don’t believe he won’t steal another, | 我不敢保证他以后不会偷车 |
[20:19] | and if he does steal another, | 如果他今后真的偷了 |
[20:21] | the DA’s offer becomes worthless. | 那么检察官的这个条件完全没有意义 |
[20:23] | Because when you admit to sufficient facts, | 因为一旦你承认了”充分事实” |
[20:24] | the judge can enter a guilty finding retroact | 如果他今后因为其他犯罪被抓捕 |
[20:26] | if he is caught commiting another crime. | 法官可以追溯判决他罪名成立 |
[20:28] | All true. | 你说的都对 |
[20:29] | But you’re not dealing with the next crime. | 但是你要处理的不是他的下一次犯罪 |
[20:31] | You’re not his mother, Rebecca. | 你不是他的妈妈 Rebecca |
[20:32] | You’re his lawyer for this case. | 你是他在这一个案子中的律师 |
[20:34] | And on this case, | 而在这个案子中 |
[20:35] | turning down the offer is unthinkable. | 拒绝检方的和解条件是不可想象的 |
[20:38] | I think about the kid, | 我不光是考虑手上的案子 |
[20:41] | not just the case at hand. | 我还要考虑这个孩子 |
[20:42] | All right, then think about the kid. | 好啊 那就考虑一下这个孩子 |
[20:44] | You say he’ll probably steal another bike. | 你说他以后可能会偷自行车 |
[20:47] | You get him a not guilty here, | 你在本案中帮他打成无罪 |
[20:48] | he’ll probably steal it sooner than later. | 恰好进一步鼓励了他偷车的可能性 |
[20:51] | You take the no finding deal, | 如果你接受”不做判决”的辩诉交易 |
[20:52] | then this case stays hanging over his head, | 那么这个案子会一直悬在他头上 |
[20:54] | that’s a big incent for him to behave. | 督促他检点自己的行为 |
[21:00] | Take the offer, Rebecca. | 接受检方的条件 Rebecca |
[21:02] | Is that the way this goes, Bobby? | 这就是做案子的规矩吗 Bobby |
[21:04] | You oder me which way to go? | 你命令我该怎么做 |
[21:05] | It’s a strong advice. | 我只是强烈建议 |
[21:08] | And I’ll consider it. | 那我会考虑的 |
[21:13] | Jimmy is going with you. | Jimmy跟你一起办这个案子 |
[21:14] | Bobby, it’s my case. | Bobby 这是我的案子 |
[21:16] | Your first case. | 你的第一个案子 |
[21:18] | Jimmy is going with you and that is an order. | Jimmy跟你一起办 这个是命令 |
[21:27] | Great, thanks. | 好极了 谢谢 |
[21:29] | Case went to judge Hiller. | 案子在Hiller法官手上 |
[21:32] | Excellent, | 太好了 |
[21:33] | maybe. | 也许 |
[21:34] | Why maybe? | 为什么说也许 |
[21:35] | She is a friend | 她是我的朋友 |
[21:37] | but she is also by the book. | 但她也是个严格照章办事的人 |
[21:39] | Ten o’clock? | 十点钟 |
[21:40] | You should go. | 你该走了 |
[21:41] | Jimmy’s research. | Jimmy检索的资料 |
[21:42] | I highlighted anything First Circuit. | 我把跟第一巡回法庭有关的都标示出来了 |
[21:43] | Um, good. | 好的 |
[21:45] | You all set? | 你准备好了? |
[21:46] | Set. | 好了 |
[21:49] | Rebecca Rebecca, | |
[21:54] | good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[21:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:56] | Go get him, Bec. | 旗开得胜 Bec |
[21:58] | You’ll be great. | 你会很棒的 |
[21:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:01] | Jimmy Jimmy? | |
[22:03] | I’m done. | 没问题 |
[22:07] | I wouldn’t be arguing self-defense. | 我不能允许你们以正当防卫辩护 |
[22:10] | The guy was a whackle! | 那家伙是个疯子 |
[22:11] | Unarmed whackle. | 没有武器的疯子 |
[22:12] | The victim was basically stalking him, your honor, | 死者一直在跟踪他 法官阁下 |
[22:14] | he showed up everywhere, | 他时不时出现在我的当事人面前 |
[22:15] | calling me client Mercedes. | 叫他”奔驰” |
[22:17] | Hey, Mercedes. | 嘿 奔驰 |
[22:18] | How are you doing, Mercedes? | 你怎么样 奔驰 |
[22:19] | Why did he call him that? | 他为什么这么叫他 |
[22:20] | Coz that’s the car my client was driving | 因为他们最开始发生争执的时候 |
[22:22] | when they got into the initial dispute. | 我的当事人开着奔驰车 |
[22:24] | You mean this started with a traffic accident? | 你是说这一切是因为一场交通事故而起? |
[22:26] | And the threats started to escalate | 他的威胁不断升级 |
[22:28] | and he vandalised his property and he killed their cat. | 他毁坏他们的财产 杀死了他们的猫 |
[22:32] | Well, you can’t use excessive force to protect a pet. | 呃 你不能用过度的暴力去保护宠物 |
[22:35] | What I’m saying is that | 我的意思是 |
[22:36] | threats start getting more and more dangerous. | 他的威胁变得越来越危险 |
[22:38] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[22:39] | And it may have reached a point | 而且有可能到最后 |
[22:41] | where he was even about to kill them, | 他甚至准备杀害他们 |
[22:43] | but we weren’t at that point | 可是在你的当事人枪杀他的时刻 |
[22:45] | when your client shot him. | 并没有出现这样的情况 |
[22:46] | Well, I think that’s a question of fact | 我认为这是个事实问题 |
[22:48] | left for the jury. | 应该由陪审团来裁决 |
[22:50] | The jury is not going to get that quesion, Bobby. | 陪审团不需要考虑这个问题 Bobby |
[22:53] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[22:55] | Because if they are offered self-defense, | 因为如果陪审团可以考虑正当防卫 |
[22:58] | we all know they are going to jump at it. | 我们都知道 他们会毫不犹豫地接受 |
[23:01] | The defendant is a well-respected family man, | 被告是一个受人尊敬的 有家有室的人 |
[23:04] | the victim is a crazy loon. | 受害人是个疯狂的无赖 |
[23:07] | The jury will look for any excuse to set your guy free, | 陪审团会利用任何理由释放你的当事人 |
[23:10] | that’s not going to happen. | 我不能允许发生这种事 |
[23:12] | You can’t limit our defense | 你不能限制我们的辩护策略 |
[23:13] | to what you think… | 仅仅因为你觉得… |
[23:14] | I can refuse on instruction, | 我可以通过给陪审团的指示来拒绝 |
[23:16] | Miss Dole. | Dole小姐 |
[23:18] | And if you get a bad jury instruction | 在本案的基本事实之外 |
[23:20] | on top of this set of facts, | 如果再加上对你们不利的陪审团指示 |
[23:22] | we all know where your client will be heading. | 我们都知道你的当事人会面临怎样的结果 |
[23:28] | I’m doing you a favor here, trust me. | 我这是在帮你们呢 相信我 |
[23:32] | You don’t want to be arguing self-defense. | 你最好不要以正当防卫来辩护 |
[23:35] | Technically, she can’t block us. | 理论上 她不能阻止我们 |
[23:37] | Without a good jury instruction, | 如果法官的陪审团指示对我们不利 |
[23:38] | we gotta go back to insanity. | 我们就只能选择精神失常 |
[23:48] | We better go tell him. | 我们该把这个情况告诉他 |
[23:53] | Just give me an idea. | 你给我出个主意吧 |
[23:54] | I gotta tell the child’s mother something. | 我得说服这个孩子的妈妈 |
[23:56] | Of course I have to cross-examine him. | 显而易见 我必须对他做交叉质询 |
[23:58] | That’s not what I mean and you know it. | 我不是这个意思 你也清楚 |
[24:00] | Helen Helen, look, | |
[24:01] | my guy may be a murderer, | 我的当事人可能是个杀人犯 |
[24:01] | but he is still entitled to the best defense possible. | 但是他仍然有权得到尽可能好的辩护 |
[24:04] | That’s our glorious system. | 我们这个伟大的体系就是这样的 |
[24:05] | Kent Kent. | |
[24:06] | If there were any other evidence, | 如果你们还有其他任何证据 |
[24:07] | that would be one thing. | 那自然另当别论 |
[24:08] | But I’ve got no choice here. | 但是现在 我没有别的选择 |
[24:11] | No choice but to what? | 那他准备怎么做 |
[24:15] | You have to understand. | 你要理解 |
[24:17] | A probable cause hearing, | 对于辩方律师来说 |
[24:19] | as far as the defense is concerned, | 正当诉由听证 |
[24:21] | can be used to discovery. | 可以利用来开示证据 |
[24:23] | So he is just gonna pick away at | 所以他会在证人席上 |
[24:25] | Danny on the witness chair? | 折磨Danny? |
[24:26] | Well, if there were anything…. | 呃 如果另外还有… |
[24:27] | My son is in terrible shape, Ms. Gamble. | 我儿子的情况仍然很差 Gamble小姐 |
[24:29] | He just saw a man bludgeoned a young woman to death, | 他刚目睹了一个年轻女子被人打死 |
[24:32] | a woman he was very attached to. | 和他关系非常亲密的女子 |
[24:34] | I know. | 我知道 |
[24:36] | And now? | 可是现在 |
[24:38] | Can’t these questions… | 这些问题能不能… |
[24:39] | can’t we do it in a room | 能不能在一个单独的房间内作证 |
[24:41] | or even back at our house? | 甚至在我们自己家里 |
[24:42] | Does he have to go into a big courtroom? | 他一定要去那种庞大的法庭吗 |
[24:45] | Well, I’m afraid that’s part of the whole idea. | 呃 恐怕这的确是整个方案的一部分 |
[24:48] | What idea? | 什么方案 |
[24:51] | Mrs. Walsh, please. | Walsh太太 请坐 |
[24:56] | See, part of the plan for the defense attorney | 在辩方律师的策略中 有一个环节是 |
[25:01] | will be to shake your son. | 攻击你的儿子 |
[25:02] | I don’t mean to shake his story, | 我不是说攻击他的证词 |
[25:04] | but shake him. | 而是攻击他本人 |
[25:07] | He, he wants this to be | 他 他要把你儿子的出庭作证 |
[25:08] | an awful experience for you, | 变成令你恐惧的经历 |
[25:10] | he, he wants you to be so repulse tomorrow | 他 他想让你明天觉得无比难受 |
[25:13] | that you’d sooner leave the country than | 以至于你宁愿离开这个国家 |
[25:14] | let your son go through it | 也不愿意让你儿子在庭审的时候 |
[25:15] | again at trial. | 再经历一次 |
[25:18] | What’s he gonna do? | 他会怎么做 |
[25:19] | Whatever he can. | 不择手段 |
[25:21] | This is barbaric. | 这太粗暴了 |
[25:26] | Sometimes it is. | 有时候是这样的 |
[25:31] | We saw them clipping the lock, | 我们看到他们剪断了车锁 |
[25:33] | laughing, | 大笑着 |
[25:35] | and then they took it and rode away. | 然后他们就拿了车 骑着走了 |
[25:37] | And you sure the defendant was one of those boys? | 你确定被告是这些男孩子中的一个? |
[25:41] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[25:42] | Thank you, Ms. Joly. | 谢谢 Joly女士 |
[25:45] | Was it this boy that actually clipped the lock | 是这个孩子把锁剪断的 |
[25:49] | or was it the other boy? | 还是另一个孩子 |
[25:50] | I believe it was the other one. | 我想是另一个孩子 |
[25:52] | And was it this boy that rode away on the bike | 是这个孩子把自行车骑走的 |
[25:56] | or was it the other one? | 还是另一个孩子 |
[25:58] | The other one. | 另一个 |
[25:59] | But he ran alongside. | 可是他跟着一起跑走的 |
[26:03] | Officier, you say you caught my client | 警官 你说你抓到我的当事人的时候 |
[26:06] | on the bike, | 他正骑着车 |
[26:07] | is that why you arrested him? | 你是不是因此而逮捕他的 |
[26:08] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[26:09] | The bicycle was stolen. | 自行车是偷来的 |
[26:11] | We caught your client while | 在你的当事人骑着这辆车的时候 |
[26:12] | he was riding it. | 我们抓到了他 |
[26:13] | And you never saw him before this? | 在此之前你从没有看到过他 |
[26:16] | That’s correct. | 没有看到 |
[26:17] | Never saw him while the bicycle | 在自行车被偷的那个时刻 |
[26:20] | was being stolen? | 你也没有看到他 |
[26:23] | That’s correct. | 没有看到 |
[26:28] | I think it went ok. | 我觉得还不错 |
[26:30] | Oh, it did. | 哦 是的 |
[26:30] | So good you, you should rest. | 相当好 你应该结束举证 |
[26:32] | What? And not put Michael up there? | 什么 不用让Michael出庭作证了吗 |
[26:33] | I don’t think they made the elements | 我认为检方没有完成举证责任 |
[26:35] | and Michael could blow it. | Michael出庭作证可能会对自己不利 |
[26:36] | Yeah, but if he doesn’t the side… | 是 可是如果他不出庭说明… |
[26:38] | Bec, when you first interviewed the kid, | Bec 你第一次跟他见面的时候 |
[26:40] | you didn’t believe him. | 你也不相信他 |
[26:41] | Yeah, I know. | 是 我知道 |
[26:42] | But, but he was there at the scene laughing. | 可是 案发的时候他在现场 大笑着 |
[26:45] | I mean, he was caught riding the thing. | 还有 被抓的时候他正骑着那辆车 |
[26:46] | I, I think he has to account for that | 我 我觉得他必须做个解释 |
[26:48] | for us to have a chance. | 不然我们没机会赢 |
[26:50] | You can go either way. | 两种策略都有道理 |
[26:52] | It’s a close call. | 效果差不多 |
[26:53] | I’m, I’m gonna put him up there. | 我 我要让他出庭作证 |
[26:56] | You’ve been over his testimony? | 你跟他预演过证词了? |
[26:58] | Oh, at least twenty times. | 至少有20次了 |
[27:00] | What about a interlocutory appeal? | 提出中间上诉怎么样 |
[27:02] | She is not officially blocking self-defense, | 她并没有正式禁止我们以正当防卫辩护 |
[27:04] | she is just nudging us | 她只是说为了我们自己考虑 |
[27:04] | for our own good. | 劝我们不要这么做 |
[27:06] | I think it’s better back to temporary insanity, | 我觉得还是回到精神失常好一点 |
[27:08] | which means you gotta count the ways | 这意味着你必须说服别人 |
[27:10] | you love that cat. | 你非常喜欢那只猫 |
[27:11] | I’m sorry, but we are in a hole here. | 抱歉 但是我们的处境很危险 |
[27:15] | You pulled that trigger five times. | 你连续扣动五次扳机 |
[27:17] | You bought the gun specifically because of this guy. | 你专门因为这个人去买了把枪 |
[27:20] | Your threat to kill him is on record. | 你曾威胁要杀他 这已经记录在案 |
[27:22] | I still think a jury will sympathsize, but… | 我仍然觉得陪审团会同情你 但是… |
[27:27] | I didn’t go to the door to kill him. I just… | 我开门的时候没有想杀他 我只是… |
[27:32] | a gun, you can kill with just a twitch. | 手上有枪 你只要扣动扳机就能杀人 |
[27:39] | I didn’t go to the door to kill him. | 我开门的时候没有想杀他 |
[27:48] | I’m not saying I tried to stop him. I didn’t. | 我不会说我试图阻止他 我没有 |
[27:52] | And I did ride it. | 而且我也骑了那辆车 |
[27:54] | But I didn’t steal it. | 但是我没有偷车 |
[27:57] | Michael Michael, | |
[27:59] | did you encourage your friend Jimmy to steal it? | 你有没有鼓动你的朋友Jimmy偷车 |
[28:02] | No, maybe I should stopped him, but… | 没有 也许我应该阻止他 可是… |
[28:06] | I wouldn’t steal anyone’s bike, I don’t steal. | 我绝不会偷谁的自行车 我不是小偷 |
[28:08] | My mom, she raised me to be honest. | 我妈妈 她教我要诚实 |
[28:11] | Do you think you have behaved honestly here? | 你觉得你在这件事情中的行为是诚实的吗 |
[28:14] | Not totally. I just kind of went along. | 不完全是 我一直跟在他后面 |
[28:18] | It was Jimmy who did it. | 是Jimmy偷的车 |
[28:20] | You just kind of went along with it? | 你只是跟在他后面 |
[28:24] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:25] | You wouldn’t steal a bike | 你从来不偷自行车 |
[28:27] | because you’re honest? | 因为你是个诚实的人 |
[28:28] | Yeah. | 是 |
[28:29] | Two years ago, you stole a bike, didn’t you? | 两年前 你偷过一辆自行车 是不是 |
[28:32] | Objection! | 反对 |
[28:33] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[28:33] | Didn’t you steal a bike two years ago, Michael? | 你两年前有没有偷过自行车 Michael |
[28:35] | I was never prosecuted for it. | 我从来没有因此被起诉 |
[28:37] | Have you ever been caught cheating in school, Michael? | 你在学校有没有因为作弊被抓 Michael |
[28:40] | -Objection! -Overruled. | -反对 -反对无效 |
[28:41] | Sidebar, your honor. | 请求上前商议 法官阁下 |
[28:44] | Prior bad action isn’t admissable, | 以前的不当行为不能作为呈堂证据 |
[28:46] | she can’t talk about other things unless they are felonies | 除非是重罪 否则她不能在盘问中提起 |
[28:48] | which none of these were. | 而她所说的都不是重罪 |
[28:49] | I agree, Ms. Washington. | 我同意 Washington小姐 |
[28:50] | But the witness opened the door, | 但是是证人自己提出这个问题的 |
[28:52] | he introduced his honesty. | 他说自己是个诚实的人 |
[28:53] | Now once he does that, | 在这样的情况下 |
[28:55] | she can cross examine. | 她可以对此做交叉质询 |
[28:56] | It’s too prejudical. | 这太容易导致偏见 |
[28:57] | You should have thought about that | 你在让他出庭作证之前 |
[28:58] | before putting the kid up there. | 就应该考虑到这个问题 |
[29:01] | You’re kidding me. | 你开什么玩笑 |
[29:03] | I take the blame. | 是我的错 |
[29:04] | I didn’t know she was gonna ask | 我没想到她会问这个孩子 |
[29:05] | the kid of being honest. | 关于诚实与否的问题 |
[29:07] | I take the blame. | 是我的错 |
[29:09] | Where is she? | 她在哪里 |
[29:10] | Conference room. | 会议室 |
[29:11] | Bobby, let me. | Bobby 让我去 |
[29:18] | We have all done it yet you do it again. | 我们都犯过这样的错误 你还是一样会犯 |
[29:23] | This was a stupid one, Enguene. | 这是个愚蠢的错误 Eugene |
[29:28] | I probably shouldn’t have put him up there to begin with. | 我也许一开始就不该让他出庭作证 |
[29:32] | Well, that’s over. | 已经过去了 |
[29:34] | The main thing in a trial, Bec, | Bec 诉讼中的关键在于 |
[29:36] | you can’t think about what you did, | 你不要考虑你已经做完的事 |
[29:38] | you gotta keep your eye on where you are. | 你必须专注于自己所处的形势 |
[29:40] | Now, Jimmy thinks you still got a shot. | Jimmy觉得你还有机会赢 |
[29:43] | Is that your close? | 那是你的结案陈词吗 |
[29:45] | Yeah. | 是 |
[29:51] | You really think the kid is innocent? | 你真的觉得这孩子是无辜的吗 |
[29:54] | I do actually. | 我是这么想的 |
[29:58] | Then don’t get up there and make a speech. | 那就不要在结案陈词中高谈阔论 |
[30:01] | Talk to them. | 你要跟他们交谈 |
[30:02] | Don’t give it all these reasonable doubt stuff. | 不要说这些合理怀疑之类的东西 |
[30:04] | The judge will instruct on that anyway. | 法官在做指示的时候反正会明确这些 |
[30:06] | Just talk to the jury simple, | 你只要简单地跟陪审团交谈 |
[30:09] | your personality, | 你的人格魅力 |
[30:11] | there is a sincerity that comes out of you. | 你身上散发着一种诚实的气息 |
[30:14] | That’s gonna be a great strength in that room. | 在法庭上 这对你会非常有利 |
[30:17] | If you get up there and just start thumping, | 如果你在结案陈词的时候只是痛斥对方 |
[30:20] | you’d be like every other lawyer. | 那你就完全发挥不出自己的优势 |
[30:24] | Ok. | 好的 |
[30:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:36] | Ok. | 好的 |
[30:47] | I’m not going to allow it. | 我不同意让他出庭作证 |
[30:50] | I’m afraid you have no choice. | 恐怕你没有别的选择 |
[30:52] | I’m his mother, | 我是他的妈妈 |
[30:53] | and I’m gonna protect him if no one else will. | 如果其他人不保护他 我一定会保护他 |
[31:01] | Mrs. Walsh, | Walsh太太 |
[31:05] | here are two subpoenas, | 这里是两份传票 |
[31:07] | one’s for you, one’s for your son. | 一份给你 一份给你儿子 |
[31:09] | I know this is hard, | 我知道这不是件容易的事 |
[31:11] | but I cannot let a murder defendant go free, | 但是我不能让一个谋杀犯逍遥法外 |
[31:13] | which is what would happen. | 如果我不这么做 他一定会被释放 |
[31:15] | If you fail to show, | 如果你不到庭 |
[31:16] | I will move for a contempt order. | 我会请求法官判你藐视法庭 |
[31:18] | I will get it, and you will be put in jail. | 法官会这样判 你会因此进监狱 |
[31:24] | What’s inside of you? | 你是个什么人哪 |
[31:27] | On cases like this, | 在这样的案子上 |
[31:28] | what’s inside of me is irrelevant. | 我是什么样的人跟案件无关 |
[31:30] | It’s also the last place I’d let myself go. | 我也不会去考虑这个问题 |
[31:48] | Eugene Eugene, | |
[31:49] | I need those time sheets, Eugene. | 你要交工作记录给我 Eugene |
[31:50] | You’ll get them. | 我会交的 |
[31:51] | I’ll get them today, | 你今天必须交给我 |
[31:52] | none of this “end of the week trying remember business”, | 现在开始 不允许在周末再突击填工作记录 |
[31:54] | we do out time sheets every day. | 必须每天提交工作记录 |
[31:56] | Ellenor too. Where is she? | Ellenor也一样 她在哪 |
[32:01] | Why did you hire her? | 你为什么要雇她 |
[32:03] | I had to steer her, Eugene, | 我们需要她 Eugene |
[32:04] | she is one woman army | 她一个人能顶几个人用 |
[32:05] | which was what we need. | 正是我们需要的 |
[32:08] | Bobby, good, | Bobby 正好 |
[32:08] | you gotta make a decision to get her an office, | 你要给Rebecca安排办公室 |
[32:10] | I’ve removed Rebecca off my desk. | 我把她的东西从我办公桌上搬走了 |
[32:12] | Ellenor has seen you already. | 找Ellenor就行了 |
[32:13] | Lindsay, I have an idea. | Lindsay 我有主意了 |
[32:14] | -What? -In my office. | -什么 -到我办公室去 |
[32:16] | They are meeting me there? | 他们在那里等我? |
[32:18] | Court house, mother and son. | 法院 母子俩 |
[32:20] | Involuntary manslaughter? | 过失杀人? |
[32:22] | Not manslaughter, | 不是过失杀人 |
[32:23] | straight involuntary as in no intent. | 就是完全没有主观过错的意外事件 |
[32:25] | What? | 什么 |
[32:26] | He didn’t mean to pull the trigger. | 他主观上根本没想开枪 |
[32:28] | Five times, he didn’t mean it? | 他开了五枪 你说他没想开枪? |
[32:29] | What he said yesterday? | 他昨天怎么说来着 |
[32:30] | He killed in a twitch. | 他手一抖 就杀了人 |
[32:32] | I remember once I was in an argument, | 我记得以前我曾经跟人争吵 |
[32:33] | I’m screaming back and forth with this guy, | 我对着那个家伙大吼大叫 |
[32:35] | and suddenly my hand hurts, I look down, | 突然我觉得手很痛 我低头一看 |
[32:37] | and I’m squeezing this book I’m holding, | 发现我的手紧紧握着一本书 |
[32:38] | I didn’t know I was, I didn’ t meant to. | 我完全没有意识到 我也没想这么做 |
[32:40] | I was just squeezing the book in anger. | 我只是在愤怒的状态下紧紧握着那本书 |
[32:43] | Yes, but our client squeezed a trigger, | 对 可是我们的当事人扣动的是扳机 |
[32:45] | there is a difference. | 两者是有区别的 |
[32:46] | Doesn’t make it any more voluntary. | 但并不意味着他是有意为之 |
[32:47] | It’s a theory. | 这个说法可以成立 |
[32:48] | More important, judge can’t shut us down | 更重要的是 法官不能阻止我们 |
[32:50] | because intent is an element of the crime. | 因为主观意图是犯罪构成要件之一 |
[32:52] | They have to prove it. | 他们必须证明主观意图 |
[32:56] | Seems a stretch, Bobby. | 看起来很勉强 Bobby |
[32:57] | All we have to do | 我们所要做的 |
[32:59] | is give the jury something to believe. | 只是给陪审团一个理由 |
[33:05] | Any fingerprints? | 有指纹吗 |
[33:06] | No. | 没有 |
[33:07] | Hairs? Fibers? | 毛发? 纤维? |
[33:09] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[33:09] | Any physical evidence at all linking | 有没有任何物证能证明 |
[33:11] | this crime to my client ? | 本案与我的当事人有关 |
[33:13] | No. | 没有 |
[33:14] | So as I understand then, detective, | 那么警官 按照我的理解 |
[33:17] | the entire case against James Parish is | 用于指控James Parish的全部证据 |
[33:19] | his volatile relationship with the victim | 只是他跟被害人之间恶化的关系 |
[33:21] | and the eyewitness testimony of a four-year-old child? | 以及一个四岁孩子的目击证言 |
[33:24] | That’s correct. | 是的 |
[33:27] | That’s all I have. | 我问完了 |
[33:29] | Ms. Gamble? | Gamble小姐 |
[33:31] | Witness may step down. | 证人请退下 |
[33:34] | Next. | 下一个 |
[33:38] | Ms. Gamble? | Gamble小姐 |
[33:42] | Call your next witness, Ms. Gamble. | 传唤你的下一个证人 Gamble小姐 |
[34:05] | That’s all we have, your honor. | 我们的证据举示完毕 法官阁下 |
[34:12] | That’s all you plan to put on for this hearing? | 这就是你在本次听证会上的全部证据? |
[34:14] | Yes, your honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[34:15] | No physical or testimonial evidence? | 没有物证 也没有证人证言? |
[34:18] | What do you expect me to do? | 你指望我怎么办 |
[34:20] | I would ask you to take judicial notice | 我请求您以”司法认知” |
[34:23] | of the lineup identification, | 认定证人的指证 |
[34:24] | in time we feel we would | 再给我们一点时间 |
[34:26] | be able to build a physical case. | 我们相信能够搜集到物证 |
[34:28] | I strongly urge you not to call it a day here, counsel. | 我强烈建议你不要到此为止 律师 |
[34:31] | The commonwealth has nothing more at this time. | 检方目前没有其他证据 |
[34:40] | I find probable cause to be wanting. | 本庭裁定正当诉由不成立 |
[34:43] | You can refile in the future | 如果你们以后搜集到更多证据 |
[34:45] | if you get more, | 可以重新起诉 |
[34:45] | but for now, this case is dismissed. | 但是目前 检方的起诉不予受理 |
[34:48] | The defendant is free to go. | 被告当庭开释 |
[34:50] | Oh! No! | 哦 不 |
[35:04] | Helen, what the hell did you do? | Helen 你搞什么鬼 |
[35:06] | We have no case, Mike… | 我们没有足够的证据 Mike… |
[35:08] | The kid saw what he saw. | 那个孩子看到了一切 |
[35:08] | He is four. | 他只有四岁 |
[35:09] | Tell me I’m gonna get by reasonable doubt. | 你告诉我 我们能排除合理怀疑吗 |
[35:11] | I couldn’t make any case | 如果只有目击者的证言 |
[35:12] | based on eyewitness testimony alone, | 我任何案子都打不赢 |
[35:14] | I’m gonna make it with a four-year-old? | 更何况目击者是个四岁的孩子 |
[35:16] | So you let a killer walk? | 那你就让杀手这样被释放 |
[35:18] | He either walks now or later. | 他早晚都会被释放 |
[35:20] | I cannot justify terrorizing that little boy | 这个孩子已经经历了一次创伤 |
[35:23] | after what he’s already been through. | 我不能让他再经历一次 |
[35:25] | If I thought we had a chance at conviciton, | 如果我觉得我们有机会打赢这个案子 |
[35:27] | maybe. | 或许我会试一试 |
[35:28] | But you know the result here | 但是你跟我一样清楚 |
[35:30] | as well as I do. | 案件的结果会是怎样 |
[35:31] | Tell it to the victim’s parents. | 跟孩子的父母说去吧 |
[35:33] | Get away from me. | 你给我走开 |
[35:40] | He…he killed my baby. | 他…他杀害了我的孩子 |
[35:48] | You let him go. | 你让他逍遥法外 |
[35:51] | If we find any more evidence, | 如果我们找到更多证据 |
[35:52] | we can always refile. But… | 我们随时可以重新起诉 但是… |
[35:54] | That little boy saw him do it. | 那个孩子看到他杀人的 |
[35:58] | I had to make a judgment call. I’m sorry. | 我有自己的专业判断 对不起 |
[36:17] | This has to seem silly. | 看起来一定很傻 |
[36:18] | All of us to be spending this much time. | 我们这么多人花费这么多时间 |
[36:22] | The bike costs less than a hundred dollars. | 一辆自行车的价值还不到100块 |
[36:24] | You people are missing work, | 你们耽误了工作 |
[36:26] | we got the lawyers, the judge. | 还有律师 法官 |
[36:28] | Why are we here? | 为什么呢 |
[36:30] | Because he didn’ t steal it. | 因为他没有偷车 |
[36:33] | Yes, he was there, | 没错 他是在现场 |
[36:35] | even laughed, rode on it later. | 甚至大笑着 后来还骑了车 |
[36:38] | You might even he was a conspirator or accessary. | 我们或许可以说他是共谋犯或协从犯 |
[36:41] | I bet he was. | 我也觉得他是 |
[36:43] | But he is not being charged as accessary. | 但是检方没有提起协从犯罪的指控 |
[36:46] | See, they’re saying he stole it. | 他们指控的是 他偷了车 |
[36:50] | And he didn’t. | 他没有偷车 |
[36:52] | It would have been better if he had intervined, | 如果他曾经干预 阻止这个犯罪 |
[36:55] | stopped his friend. | 那当然最好 |
[36:57] | Nobody, at least no me | 没有人觉得 至少我不觉得 |
[36:59] | say that Michael Baylor acted **. | Michael Baylor完全正直诚实 |
[37:01] | He didn’t. | 他不是那样的人 |
[37:03] | If I were his mother… | 如果我是他的妈妈… |
[37:08] | But I’m not. | 但我不是 |
[37:10] | I’m the lawyer. | 我是他的律师 |
[37:12] | You’re the jury. | 你们是陪审团 |
[37:14] | We just address the legal charges. | 我们只考虑法律上的指控 |
[37:17] | He didn’t take it. | 他没有偷车 |
[37:20] | And there is nothing they put into evidence | 而他们没有提出任何证据 |
[37:22] | that proves otherwise. | 证明他偷了车 |
[37:24] | And we all know that that’s the truth. | 我们都知道 这是事实 |
[37:28] | And the other truth, the most important one, | 另一个事实 最重要的事实是 |
[37:34] | he really didn’t do it. | 他确实没有偷自行车 |
[37:54] | Circumstantial evidence is just that. Circumstantial. | 这些的确是间接证据 间接证据 |
[37:59] | But it can be enough to convict. | 但是间接证据同样足以证明犯罪成立 |
[38:02] | And as circumstantial evidence goes, | 我们有什么样的间接证据呢 |
[38:05] | he was with the boy who clips the lock, | 他跟剪断车锁的孩子在一起 |
[38:07] | laughing all the way, | 一路大笑着 |
[38:10] | he rans off with the boy and the bike, | 他跟着另一个孩子以及自行车一起跑走 |
[38:12] | he rides the bike until he is caught by a pliceman. | 他骑在车上 直到被警察抓住 |
[38:17] | He’s stolen bikes before. | 他以前也偷过自行车 |
[38:20] | You figure it out. | 你们好好想想 |
[38:22] | We’ve never really gone into too much detail | 我们一直还没有详细谈过 |
[38:24] | about the moment you squeezed the trigger. | 你开枪那一刻的情况 |
[38:26] | I thought we have talk… | 我以为我们说过… |
[38:28] | We just want you to listen, professor. | 你先听我们说完 教授 |
[38:29] | Listen until we ask you to speak. | 直到我们问你问题 |
[38:35] | Self-defense won’t work. | 正当防卫行不通 |
[38:37] | Five bullets | 你开了五枪 |
[38:38] | and a bad jury instruction from the judge, | 再加上法官对我们不利的陪审团指示 |
[38:41] | we lose. | 我们必输 |
[38:43] | We could go with temporary insanity, | 我们本来可以打精神失常 |
[38:45] | but then again, you buying the gun, | 但是 你买了枪 |
[38:49] | bringing it to the door, | 你拿着枪去开门 |
[38:50] | threatening him, | 威胁他 |
[38:51] | I don’t like our chances. | 我觉得机会不大 |
[38:56] | Or | 或者 |
[38:59] | you could pull that trigger by accident. | 我们可以说你意外地扣动了扳机 |
[39:02] | You were so angry, | 你当时非常愤怒 |
[39:04] | you just sort of squeezed. | 就这样扣动了扳机 |
[39:08] | Suddenly bullets were coming out. | 子弹突然就射出来了 |
[39:12] | It was involuntary. | 你是无意识的 |
[39:15] | You didn’t mean to be squeezing. | 你没想扣动扳机 |
[39:20] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[39:23] | The truth lies in your mind. | 真相只在你自己心中 |
[39:27] | Nothing you’ve said so far | 到目前为止 |
[39:29] | directly contradicts accident. | 你所做的陈述都跟意外事件不矛盾 |
[39:33] | So, do you think you’re acting in self-defense? | 所以 你觉得自己是正当防卫 |
[39:37] | Do you think you just lost your mind? | 还是精神失常 |
[39:40] | Or do you think you involuntarily just started squeezing? | 或者你觉得只是无意识地扣动了扳机 |
[39:50] | I don’t remember pulling the trigger. | 我不记得我扣动过扳机 |
[39:54] | Good. | 很好 |
[39:57] | We’ll be in touch. | 我们会再来看你 |
[39:59] | Ok. | 好的 |
[40:09] | Will you hurry up? | 你快点行不 |
[40:10] | I’m washing. | 我在洗手 |
[40:11] | Well, wash later, come on. | 待会再洗 快点 |
[40:14] | Take it easy. | 别那么紧张 |
[40:15] | How do they come back so fast? | 他们怎么这么快就回来了 |
[40:17] | It’s a bicycle, what do you expect? | 自行车而已 你以为呢 |
[40:19] | Take a week? | 要一个星期? |
[40:33] | The jury has reached a unanimous verdict? | 陪审团达成一致的裁决了吗 |
[40:36] | We have, your honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[40:37] | Will the defendant please rise? | 被告请起立 |
[40:42] | What say you? | 请宣布判决 |
[40:43] | Commonwealth vs. Michael Baylor, | 马萨诸塞州诉Michael Baylor |
[40:45] | misdemeanor larceny, | 轻罪盗窃 |
[40:47] | we find the defendant Michael Baylor | 我们判决被告Michael Baylor |
[40:49] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[40:52] | The jury is dismissed | 陪审团可以解散了 |
[40:54] | with the thanks of the court. | 法庭感谢你们的付出 |
[40:55] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[40:58] | You did it. | 你赢了 |
[40:59] | You’ve already won a jury trial. | 你已经赢了一件陪审团审判 |
[41:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:04] | It took me nine years. | 我用了9年才做到 |
[41:06] | You have only been a lawyer a week. | 你才做了一个星期的律师 |
[41:10] | Hey, you better not be messing up. | 嘿 你最好别再惹事了 |
[41:13] | Um, don’t worry. | 嗯 别担心 |
[41:15] | I suppose I should thank you. | 我想我应该谢谢你 |
[41:19] | I suppose you should. | 我觉得也是 |
[41:30] | First month, lacks some security, | 第一个月会缺乏安全感 |
[41:32] | adds hours next week. | 以后就好了 |
[41:34] | Good. | 很好 |
[41:36] | Bad day? | 今天过得不顺利? |
[41:37] | Uh, normal. How was yours? | 像平常一样 你怎么样 |
[41:40] | Oh, I think we’re going back to | 哦 我觉得我们好像又回到了 |
[41:42] | being despicable criminal lawyers for a bit. | 令人厌恶的刑事辩护律师 |
[41:44] | Pearson? | Pearson的案子? |
[41:47] | The tactics, you know. | 辩护策略 你知道 |
[41:49] | Well, lindsay, with all the scum you’ve helped to get off, | Lindsay 你已经帮那么多人渣洗脱罪名 |
[41:52] | how could you not help him? | 你怎么能不帮他洗脱罪名 |
[41:55] | Thank you, Helen. | 谢谢鼓励 Helen |
[41:57] | Um, think you can win? | 你觉得你们能赢吗 |
[41:59] | Who knows? Maybe. | 谁知道呢 也许吧 |
[42:01] | I mean, there has been some cases where involuntaries… | 以前曾经有过这样的案例 意外… |