| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | Anderson Pearson, my staff show professor, | Anderson Pearson 我的教授 | 
| [00:04] | he just shot somebody, dead. | 他刚开枪杀了人 | 
| [00:05] | I’d like to go self-defense. | 我想以正当防卫辩护 | 
| [00:07] | The man was unarmed. | 可是他没有武器 | 
| [00:08] | I’m taking to your wife, | 据你妻子说 | 
| [00:09] | you two felt like this man might end up hurting you one day. | 你们俩都担心他总有一天会伤害你们 | 
| [00:12] | But we weren’t at that point | 但是在你的当事人枪杀他的那个时刻 | 
| [00:14] | when your client shot him. | 不存在这样的情况 | 
| [00:15] | You don’t want to be arguing self-defense. | 你最好不要以正当防卫来辩护 | 
| [00:18] | You can’t limit our defense to… | 你不能限制我们的辩护策略… | 
| [00:20] | I can refuse on instruction, Ms. Dole. | 我可以通过陪审团指示来拒绝 Dole小姐 | 
| [00:23] | Do you think you were acting in self-defense? | 你觉得自己是正当防卫 | 
| [00:25] | Or do you think you involuntarily just started squeezing? | 还是你觉得只是无意识地扣动了扳机 | 
| [00:32] | I don’t remember pulling the trigger. | 我不记得扣动过扳机 | 
| [00:35] | Good. | 很好 | 
| [00:37] | -Ellenor -Yeah? | -Ellenor -嗯 | 
| [00:38] | You know anything about this | 你知不知道这个什么 | 
| [00:39] | “single,white,female attorney,thirty…” | “单身白人女律师 三十多…” | 
| [00:41] | Where did you get this? | 你哪里弄来的 | 
| [00:42] | Podiatrist, fortyish, loves movies and Mane, | 足科医生 四十多岁 爱好电影和骑马 | 
| [00:45] | spoke to him for an hour on the phone last night. | 昨天晚上跟他煲了一个小时电话粥 | 
| [00:47] | I’m not gonna lie, | 我实话跟你说 | 
| [00:48] | I was so nervous about meeting you. | 和你见面 我紧张得要命 | 
| [00:50] | You’re rejecting him because of his looks. | 你是因为他的长相拒绝他 | 
| [00:52] | It just wasn’t there, Rebecca, | 不是这么回事 Rebecca | 
| [00:54] | the chemistry. | 我们就是不来电 | 
| [00:54] | You filed a lawsuit here over a broken date, | 你因为约会失败而提起诉讼 | 
| [00:56] | I’m asking you why did this hurt more than | 我在问你为什么这一次被拒绝 | 
| [00:58] | the other times you being rejected? | 格外令你伤心 | 
| [00:59] | She is not like the others. | 她跟其他人不一样 | 
| [01:01] | She is not pretty. | 她不漂亮 | 
| [01:02] | I decided to drop the lawsuit. | 我决定撤诉了 | 
| [01:04] | I wish you well in life, Ellenor. | 我祝你一切顺利 Ellenor | 
| [01:07] | I wish you well too, George. | 也祝你一切顺利 George | 
| [01:12] | I thought it would be one thing | 我总觉得如果我读完了这些书 | 
| [01:13] | if I read all these. | 我就不是今天这个样子了 | 
| [01:14] | Um, looks good anyway, | 嗯 也不是没有用处 | 
| [01:16] | like we read. | 显得我们很博学 | 
| [01:18] | What the… | 这是什… | 
| [01:19] | are these yours? | 这些是你的吗 | 
| [01:21] | Yeah, I like shoes. | 是 我喜欢鞋子 | 
| [01:23] | Like them? | 喜欢鞋子? | 
| [01:23] | These are expensive. How… | 这些鞋子很贵的 你怎么… | 
| [01:25] | I like shoes. | 我喜欢鞋子 | 
| [01:26] | How do you afford them on a DA’s salary? | 凭你检察官的薪水 你怎么买得起 | 
| [01:28] | Oh, no, don’t tell me you’re gonna be one of those roommates | 不会吧 别告诉你居然是那种 | 
| [01:31] | who questions all living expenses. | 喜欢追问别人所有花费的室友 | 
| [01:33] | Look, | 快看 | 
| [01:34] | In other news, law professor Anderson Pearson, | 在其他方面 法学教授Anderson Pearson | 
| [01:35] | also a counsel of the prestigious Finley Hoag, | 同时也是著名的Finley Hoag事务所的律师 | 
| [01:38] | was recently arraigned on second degree murder charges | 最近因二级谋杀罪名过堂聆讯 | 
| [01:41] | in connection with the shooting death | 他被指控枪杀一名据说 | 
| [01:42] | of an alleged stalker | 长期跟踪骚扰他的人 | 
| [01:43] | who first encountered the professor | 两人之间的纠纷 | 
| [01:45] | in a traffic incident involving the two man. | 最初起源于一起交通事故 | 
| [01:49] | Why is this getting so much attention? | 这个案子为什么引起这么多关注 | 
| [01:51] | Um, is it everyday a Havard professor commits murder? | 嗯 不是每一天都有哈佛的教授犯谋杀罪 | 
| [01:54] | He didn’t commit murder. | 他没有犯谋杀罪 | 
| [01:55] | Oh, right. The gun just went off by mistake five times. | 哦 是吗 他的枪只是碰巧走火了五次 | 
| [01:58] | You know Anderson Pearson, | 你也认识Anderson Pearson | 
| [01:59] | you think he’d kill? | 你觉得他会杀人吗 | 
| [02:00] | We’d all kill, | 每个人都会杀人 | 
| [02:01] | it’s just the circumstances that vary… | 不同的只是在什么情况下杀人 | 
| [02:03] | Oh, there is a proverb. | 哦 见解深刻 | 
| [02:06] | How much time are we talking about? | 刑期是多长 | 
| [02:08] | Four years. | 四年 | 
| [02:09] | Four years? | 四年? | 
| [02:11] | If you get convicted… | 如果你被判有罪… | 
| [02:13] | But I didn’t go through with it! | 可是我根本没有付诸行动 | 
| [02:15] | If they can prove you went passed a point of no-return. | 如果他们能证明你将必然付诸行动 | 
| [02:18] | I didn’t! | 我没有 | 
| [02:18] | Fine, but if the jury doesn’t believe you, | 就算是吧 可是如果陪审团不相信你 | 
| [02:21] | attempted murder, you get convicted… | 谋杀未遂 罪名成立… | 
| [02:24] | you’ll be looking at twenty years. | 你会被判20年 | 
| [02:28] | I swear, Jimmy, | 我发誓 Jimmy | 
| [02:30] | I would never have killed her. | 我绝对不会杀害她 | 
| [02:33] | I can never kill anybody. | 我不可能杀害任何人 | 
| [03:24] | The victim was being treated. | 受害人寻求过治疗 | 
| [03:25] | Shrink? | 心理医生? | 
| [03:26] | Doctor Walter Matthews diagnosed him | Walter Mattews医生诊断他 | 
| [03:28] | as a schizophrenic, | 患有精神分裂症 | 
| [03:29] | this is good. | 好消息 | 
| [03:30] | Make a meet with him, get his testimony. | 去跟他谈谈 取到他的证词 | 
| [03:32] | You checked out Pearson? | 你去看Pearson没有 | 
| [03:34] | He is holding up. | 他还好 | 
| [03:36] | But the faster the trial, the better. | 但是庭审越快越好 | 
| [03:39] | What about a mock jury? | 要不要雇个模拟陪审团 | 
| [03:40] | I don’t get much out of it. I say no. | 没太多作用 我觉得不用了 | 
| [03:43] | Bobby, we’re gonna argue he involuntarily | Bobby 我们要在庭上辩护说 | 
| [03:47] | pulled the trigger five times, | 他无意识地扣动了五次扳机 | 
| [03:48] | killing the man he had just coincidently threatened to kill. | 碰巧杀死了他曾经威胁要杀掉的人 | 
| [03:52] | What else can we do? | 不然我们能怎么办 | 
| [03:53] | The problem is judge Hiller. | 问题在于Hiller法官 | 
| [03:54] | If we go near self-defense, | 如果我们哪怕暗示正当防卫 | 
| [03:56] | she’ll sink us. | 她都会毁了我们 | 
| [03:57] | We gotta stick with automatic pilot. | 我们必须坚持说是意外事件 | 
| [04:06] | Can I help you? | 请问有什么事 | 
| [04:07] | Ellenor Frutt. Is she here? | Ellenor Frutt 她在不在 | 
| [04:09] | Do you have an appointment? | 你有预约吗 | 
| [04:10] | No. This is an emergency, | 没有 我有紧急情况 | 
| [04:12] | I need to talk to someone. | 我要找人咨询 | 
| [04:13] | George? George? | |
| [04:15] | Ellenor Ellenor, | |
| [04:17] | I need to talk to you. | 我要找你谈谈 | 
| [04:19] | Ok, what’s the matter? | 可以 什么事 | 
| [04:22] | Can we go some place private? | 可不可以私下跟你说 | 
| [04:23] | Sure, sure. | 当然 当然 | 
| [04:25] | Take him to the office. | 带他到会议室去 | 
| [04:26] | Ok, come on, come on. | 好了 慢慢说 慢慢说 | 
| [04:28] | I don’t know what, Ellenor, | 我不知道怎么办 Ellenor | 
| [04:29] | -I don’t know what happened, -Ok, | -我不知道是怎么回事 -好了 | 
| [04:30] | -doesn’t make any sense, -Ok, take it easy | -我真的想不通 -好了 不要慌 | 
| [04:32] | -I just… -Just calm down here | -我只是… -你先冷静下来 | 
| [04:33] | -I can’t figure it out. -and tell me what’s wrong. | -我不知道怎么回事 -告诉我出什么事了 | 
| [04:36] | I still don’t know, I just… | 我也不知道 我只是… | 
| [04:39] | I don’t know who else to come to. | 我不知道还能找谁 | 
| [04:41] | All right, listen, I want you to calm yourself down | 好了 听我说 我需要你冷静下来 | 
| [04:43] | and just talk to me. | 然后告诉我出了什么事 | 
| [04:45] | Ok. | 好的 | 
| [04:47] | I went to a bar last night. | 我昨天晚上去酒吧 | 
| [04:49] | I met a woman. | 我遇到了一个女人 | 
| [04:51] | For the first time in my life, I… | 平生第一次 我… | 
| [04:53] | we went to a motel. We had sex. | 我们去旅馆开房 做爱 | 
| [04:55] | For the first time in you life you had sex? | 你平生第一次做爱? | 
| [04:57] | No. A one night stand, | 不是 第一次一夜情 | 
| [04:59] | I…oh, my god. | 我…哦 天哪 | 
| [05:01] | Ok, all right, | 好了 好了 | 
| [05:02] | just calm down, relax, | 冷静点 放松 | 
| [05:04] | I want you to tell me what happened, George. | 我需要你告诉我出了什么事 George | 
| [05:05] | This morning I drove to work, | 今天早上我开车去上班 | 
| [05:07] | went into my office carrying my medical bag. | 带着我的医疗包走进办公室 | 
| [05:10] | About an hour ago, I opened it… | 大概一个小时之前 我打开包… | 
| [05:13] | Ok, maybe you should sit down. | 你坐下来慢慢说 | 
| [05:15] | I think you should sit… | 我觉得你坐下… | 
| [05:16] | George! George! George! George! | |
| [05:19] | He fainted. | 他昏过去了 | 
| [05:20] | George George. | |
| [05:21] | I have some smelling salts. | 我那里有嗅盐 | 
| [05:22] | Get him. | 快拿过来 | 
| [05:22] | What, what’s the deal? | 怎么了 怎么回事 | 
| [05:24] | I don’t know. He… | 我不知道 他… | 
| [05:24] | he said something about a one night stand | 他说到什么一夜情 | 
| [05:26] | and then, he opened his medical bag | 说他打开他的医疗包 | 
| [05:28] | and then he fainted. | 然后他就昏过去了 | 
| [05:29] | Don’t get up, just… just stay there, sir. | 别起来 你…你先躺一会 先生 | 
| [05:31] | Open it. | 把它打开 | 
| [05:32] | What? | 什么 | 
| [05:33] | My bag, open it. | 我的包 把它打开 | 
| [05:35] | Ok. | 好 | 
| [05:36] | Not you, him. | 你别去 让他来 | 
| [05:38] | Don’t you look. | 你不要看 | 
| [05:45] | Ah! | 啊 | 
| [05:47] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [05:49] | There is a head in the bag. | 包里有个人头 | 
| [05:50] | What? | 什么 | 
| [05:53] | Wow! | 哇 | 
| [05:56] | What’s the matter? | 怎么回事 | 
| [05:58] | There is a human head in that bag. | 那个包里有个人头 | 
| [06:00] | What? | 什么 | 
| [06:01] | It’s the woman I met at the bar last night. | 是我昨天在酒吧遇到的那个女人 | 
| [06:03] | What are you doing with her head? | 你带着她的头干什么 | 
| [06:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [06:07] | Somebody put it in there. | 是别人放进去的 | 
| [06:11] | Oh. | 哦 | 
| [06:14] | He told me he was working on the sculpture. | 他跟我说他在做雕刻 | 
| [06:16] | Eh, sculpture? | 呃 雕刻? | 
| [06:17] | That he was making before our anniversary. | 他说是为我们的结婚纪念日准备的 | 
| [06:20] | He said I was to stay out of the attic | 他叫我不要到阁楼上去 | 
| [06:22] | coz that’s what the surprise was. | 因为他到时候要给我个惊喜 | 
| [06:24] | But at some point you did go up into the attic? | 但是后来你还是去了阁楼? | 
| [06:27] | Yes, I went up one day | 是的 有一天他不在家的时候 | 
| [06:29] | when he was out of the house. | 我上去了 | 
| [06:30] | And what did you see? | 你看到了什么 | 
| [06:32] | Well, first I saw these criminal investigation books, | 呃 我先是发现一些关于犯罪调查 | 
| [06:36] | and forensics, | 和法医学的书籍 | 
| [06:37] | all these police research books. | 还有关于警察搜查的书籍 | 
| [06:40] | And I thought to myself, | 我当时就想 | 
| [06:41] | was he sculpting a cops? | 他是不是在雕刻警察 | 
| [06:43] | Anything else? | 还有其他的吗 | 
| [06:44] | Yes. Pictures. | 有 有图画 | 
| [06:46] | A series of pictures like cartoons, | 连续的图画 就像连环漫画一样 | 
| [06:49] | showing a woman on the stool. | 画的是一个女人坐在凳子上 | 
| [06:51] | She falls back off the stool | 她从凳子上向后摔倒 | 
| [06:53] | and hits her head on the edge of the table. | 她的头撞在桌子边缘 | 
| [06:56] | And one of the books | 有一本书翻到的那一页 | 
| [06:57] | is open to fatal head injuries. | 展示的是致命的头部伤 | 
| [07:00] | And I start reading some stuff | 然后我开始读 | 
| [07:03] | he’s written on the back of the drawings. | 他写在那些图画背面的东西 | 
| [07:05] | And it’s started to dawn on me. | 于是我就恍然大悟 | 
| [07:08] | What dawned on you? | 怎么恍然大悟 | 
| [07:10] | That he was planning to kill me | 他在谋划杀害我 | 
| [07:12] | and make it look like an accident. | 然后伪装成是一场意外 | 
| [07:14] | And what did you do next, ma’am? | 你接下来怎么做的 女士 | 
| [07:16] | I called my son Josh. | 我给我儿子Josh打电话 | 
| [07:18] | He is so close to Jesse, | 他跟Jesse很亲密 | 
| [07:20] | I thought maybe he’d know something. | 我想他可能了解些情况 | 
| [07:22] | He came over, looked at everything. | 他过来后 看了所有那些东西 | 
| [07:25] | And then what happened? | 然后你们怎么办 | 
| [07:27] | Well, the idea… | 呃 我们觉得… | 
| [07:28] | we couldn’t be sure it was true. | 我们不敢相信是真的 | 
| [07:31] | But at some point, | 但是后来 | 
| [07:33] | you really did come to believe that | 你不得不相信 | 
| [07:34] | he was very serious about this. | 他真的是认真地在谋划 | 
| [07:36] | Well, both Josh and I couldn’t ignore what we saw. | Josh和我都没法对看到的东西视而不见 | 
| [07:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [07:47] | You have been married how long, ma’am? | 你结婚多长时间了 女士 | 
| [07:49] | 42 years. | 42年 | 
| [07:51] | To your knowledge, | 据你所知 | 
| [07:52] | had your husband ever planned to kill you before? | 你的丈夫以前有没有想过要杀死你 | 
| [07:55] | No. | 没有 | 
| [07:57] | But, given this recent discovery, | 可是 基于你最近的发现 | 
| [07:59] | can you say you know for a fact | 你能不能确定无疑地说 | 
| [08:01] | that he didn’t ever plan to kill you before? | 他以前从来没有想过要杀你 | 
| [08:03] | Well, I guess I can’t say I know for a fact. | 呃 我觉得我不能完全确定 | 
| [08:07] | So, it’s possible? | 所以 有这个可能? | 
| [08:09] | Over the years, | 在过去这么多年 | 
| [08:11] | it’s possible he could have | 有可能他也想过杀你? | 
| [08:12] | planned to kill you fifty different times? | 有可能想过50几次? | 
| [08:15] | That’s possible, right? | 有这个可能 对不对 | 
| [08:17] | Maybe. | 也许 | 
| [08:19] | Ma’am, here you sit | 女士 你现在还坐在这里 | 
| [08:21] | very much alive. | 活得好好的 | 
| [08:25] | We gotta call the police. | 我们必须报警 | 
| [08:27] | Just give me a second so I can figure it out. | 等一等 让我先想一会 | 
| [08:28] | I don’t think we do, | 我觉得不用 | 
| [08:29] | we can’t conceal evidence, | 我们不能隐匿证据 | 
| [08:30] | but we don’t have collect it either. ask me, | 可是要我说 我们也没有义务搜集证据 | 
| [08:32] | the sooner he leaves with it, the better. | 他越快把它处理掉 对他越有利 | 
| [08:33] | We can’t tell him to leave with it. | 我们不能教他处理证据 | 
| [08:34] | Does this happen a lot around here? | 这里经常发生这种事吗 | 
| [08:36] | People bring in heads? | 人们带着人头到这里来 | 
| [08:37] | Look, before we do anything, | 在我们做任何决定之前 | 
| [08:38] | I’m gonna go get the whole story. | 我先要了解整个事件的来龙去脉 | 
| [08:39] | Eugene, go with her. | Eugene 跟她一起去 | 
| [08:42] | You left the motel when? | 你什么时候离开旅馆的 | 
| [08:45] | 1:30, 2:00. | 一点半到两点的样子 | 
| [08:47] | And you drove straight home? | 你直接开车回家了? | 
| [08:49] | Yes. I went to bed. I got up. | 对 我上床睡觉 我早上起床 | 
| [08:52] | Your medical bag was left in the car overnight? | 你的医疗包整晚都在车上? | 
| [08:53] | Yes. I swear I didn’t do this. | 是的 我发誓我没有杀人 | 
| [08:57] | Do you know her name? | 你知道她叫什么名字吗 | 
| [09:00] | Susan Susan, | |
| [09:02] | that’s all she told me, Susan. | 他只告诉我她叫Susan | 
| [09:04] | Well, Susan must have had some enemy | 这么说 Susan一定有什么仇人 | 
| [09:06] | who followed you home. | 他跟踪你回家 | 
| [09:07] | What do I do? | 我该怎么办 | 
| [09:08] | We need to to discuss internally | 我们事务所内部要讨论一下 | 
| [09:09] | our legal obligations, | 我们的法律义务 | 
| [09:11] | and as…look, | 然后…是这样的 | 
| [09:12] | certain things may not be previleged, | 有些信息不属于保密特权范围 | 
| [09:14] | and it’s possible that we’re gonna have to | 有可能我们有义务 | 
| [09:16] | report this to the police. | 向警方报案 | 
| [09:17] | What if they think I killed her? | 如果他们觉得是我杀了她怎么办 | 
| [09:19] | You don’t know if the body has been discovered yet? | 你还不知道尸体有没有被发现? | 
| [09:21] | No, I don’t know anything. | 不知道 我什么都不知道 | 
| [09:23] | Now, George, I want you to listen to me, | George 我需要你仔细听我说 | 
| [09:25] | and this is previleged. | 这些是属于保密的范围 | 
| [09:26] | What we do next is very, very tricky. | 我们下一步的动作非常 非常关键 | 
| [09:30] | If we march into that police station with this woman’s head, | 如果我们带着这个女人的头去警察局 | 
| [09:33] | you are going to be a suspect. | 你会成为嫌疑犯 | 
| [09:35] | And if you did it, | 如果真是你干的 | 
| [09:36] | I hesitate to offer you up, | 我不建议你马上去自首 | 
| [09:37] | since they are likely gonna find much more evidence. | 因为这样他们可能会发现更多证据 | 
| [09:40] | And if you didn’t do it, | 但如果不是你干的 | 
| [09:41] | it is my instinct | 我的直觉是 | 
| [09:42] | that we start cooperating immediately. | 我们立即开始配合警方调查 | 
| [09:45] | So for your sake, George, | 所以为了你自己考虑 George | 
| [09:46] | I want you to come clean with us right now. | 我希望你现在就跟我们说实话 | 
| [09:48] | Are you involved in this woman’s death? | 这个女人是不是你杀的 | 
| [09:51] | No. | 不是 | 
| [09:54] | I swear to you, Ellenor. | 我发誓 Ellenor | 
| [09:56] | No. | 不是我 | 
| [10:04] | Just hold on, | 先别忙 | 
| [10:05] | I don’t think that calling the police is the right thing. | 我觉得报警不是个明智的决定 | 
| [10:07] | And what if we don’t? | 可是如果我们不报警 | 
| [10:07] | He is eventually picked up. | 警方最后怀疑到他身上 | 
| [10:08] | By not going forward, | 因为他没有主动报警 | 
| [10:09] | he makes himself more suspicious. | 他的嫌疑就会更大 | 
| [10:11] | Uh, excuse me, | 打断一下 | 
| [10:12] | would he be tabbed out on suspiciousness? | 他会不会成为嫌疑犯 | 
| [10:14] | He’s got the victim from the neck-up. | 他随身带着嫌疑人的头呢 | 
| [10:16] | Ok, could you just get the phones? | 你能不能专心接你的电话 | 
| [10:17] | Ellenor, we gotta talk about this. | Ellenor 我们得商量这个问题 | 
| [10:18] | How long before they’ll start to stake? | 他们什么时候开始下赌注 | 
| [10:20] | Lucy Lucy. | |
| [10:21] | Lucy, would you be quiet? | Lucy 你能不能闭嘴 | 
| [10:22] | Look, we gotta make a call here. | 我们要赶快做决定 | 
| [10:23] | Yes, we do. | 是的 | 
| [10:23] | I don’t think we’re under any legal obligation | 我认为我们没有法律上的义务 | 
| [10:25] | to notify the police. | 向警方报警 | 
| [10:26] | If we advise this man to do that, | 如果我们建议他报警 | 
| [10:28] | it could be malpractice, especially… | 那可能执业过失 尤其是… | 
| [10:30] | Malpractice? | 执业过失? | 
| [10:31] | If he gets arrested, | 如果他被捕 | 
| [10:32] | goes to jail based on our counsel. | 因为我们的建议而坐牢的话 | 
| [10:33] | I agree, we gotta be careful here. | 我同意 我们必须小心谨慎 | 
| [10:35] | Why don’t you just tell them where the body is? | 就告诉他们尸体在哪里好了 | 
| [10:37] | You can hold the head back as leverage. | 你们可以留着人头讨价还价 | 
| [10:38] | Lucy, I’d appreciate you staying out of this. | Lucy 如果你别掺和 我会感激不尽 | 
| [10:40] | Look, this man is gonna have a coronary in there. | 这个人快要心脏病发作了 | 
| [10:42] | Can I make a suggestion? | 我可以提个建议吗 | 
| [10:44] | I’m meeting with professor Pearson in twenty minutes. | 我20分钟之后会跟Pearson教授见面 | 
| [10:46] | He teaches legal ethics. | 他一直讲授法律伦理课 | 
| [10:48] | The BAR consults him on this kind of stuff. | 律师协会在有关的问题上也会咨询他 | 
| [10:50] | Let me ask him what we should do. | 我问问他我们该怎么做 | 
| [10:51] | We can’t share previleged information with a man… | 我们不能把客户保密信息告诉一个… | 
| [10:53] | If I consult him as a lawyer, | 如果我把他作为律师来咨询他 | 
| [10:54] | the previlege extends to him. | 那么他也要承担保密义务 | 
| [10:55] | Whatever we advise this guy, | 不管我们向这个当事人提出什么建议 | 
| [10:56] | it’s probably smart to get an outside opionion | 先听取外部的意见或许是明智的做法 | 
| [10:58] | anyway to cover us. | 这是对自己的保护 | 
| [10:59] | Meet with him. Meanwhile | 你去跟他说 与此同时 | 
| [11:00] | I’m off to meet this psychiatrist of the guy he shot. | 我去找那个受害人的心理医生 | 
| [11:03] | The photo copies he made were all on skull fractures, | 他所画的这些全部都是关于头骨破裂的 | 
| [11:06] | specifically to the back of the head. | 特别是后脑部 | 
| [11:08] | And what else did you find? | 你还发现了什么 | 
| [11:10] | Well, we found this piece of wood, | 我们发现了这个木制工具 | 
| [11:12] | exhibit 21. | 证据第21号 | 
| [11:14] | Now, why is this significant? | 这份证据为什么很重要 | 
| [11:17] | He made that kitchen table about six months ago, | 大约六个月前 他制作了那张餐桌 | 
| [11:20] | same material, same finish as this. | 同样的材质 同样的油漆 | 
| [11:24] | Now, if you look at his little story board, | 如果你看一下他画的那些漫画 | 
| [11:27] | you’d see that he has the woman falling off the stool, | 你会发现他让那个女人从凳子上摔下来 | 
| [11:32] | her head hitting the edge of the table, | 她的头部撞到桌子边缘 | 
| [11:35] | fatally fracturing her skull. | 颅骨遭受致命创伤 | 
| [11:38] | Well, our theory is that he planned to | 我们认为他的计划是 | 
| [11:42] | hit the woman from behind with this, | 用这个从身后击打女人 | 
| [11:43] | that way any wood fragments found on her | 这样 留在她伤口处的木头碎片 | 
| [11:46] | would have appear to have come from the kitchen table. | 就显得像是来自那张餐桌 | 
| [11:48] | This was pretty well thought out. | 看起来是深思熟虑过的 | 
| [11:51] | Oh, yes. | 是的 | 
| [11:52] | Now, detective, | 那么警官 | 
| [11:54] | you also found this man’s journal? | 你还发现了被告写的日记? | 
| [11:55] | Yes, after getting a warrant, | 是的 在取得搜查令之后 | 
| [11:58] | we searched the premises and located | 我们搜查了他的住处 | 
| [12:00] | a journal containing entries in his handwriting. | 发现了一本由他手写的日记 | 
| [12:02] | Ok, I’m gonna ask you to read | 接下来 我想请你读一下 | 
| [12:03] | some of those entries in a second. | 这本日记中的部分内容 | 
| [12:05] | But first, could you | 但是首先 你能不能 | 
| [12:06] | give us a brief summary? | 先给我们简单概括一下 | 
| [12:08] | He describes in minute detail his plan to murder his wife. | 他详细地描述了谋杀他妻子的计划 | 
| [12:14] | Ok, let’s start with June 14th, 1998, | 好的 我们从1998年6月14日这篇开始 | 
| [12:19] | this clip page right here, | 就是折起来的这一页 | 
| [12:20] | could you please read that for us? | 你能不能为大家读一下 | 
| [12:22] | Yes. | 好的 | 
| [12:23] | Even the coffee smells better knowing | 一想到很快就可以一个人喝咖啡了 | 
| [12:26] | that soon I’d be able to drink it alone. | 我觉得咖啡闻起来都香了很多 | 
| [12:28] | I feel sanguine. | 我充满活力 | 
| [12:30] | Maybe it’s a feeling that her death | 也许是因为感觉到她的死去 | 
| [12:31] | will make the world a more peaceful place. | 会令世界变成一个更加宁静祥和的所在 | 
| [12:34] | For sure, my world will get better. | 可以确定的是 我的世界将变得更好 | 
| [12:38] | Bobby is meeting with | Bobby这时候正在跟 | 
| [12:39] | the guy’s shrink as we speak. | 受害人的心理医生见面 | 
| [12:40] | Good news is this was court-ordered | 好消息是 这些治疗是法庭命令的 | 
| [12:42] | inpulse-control therapy. | 为了控制他的情绪冲动 | 
| [12:44] | He has a history of road rage assaults, | 他有在公路上泄愤伤人的前科 | 
| [12:46] | that’s actually great news. | 这对我们非常有利 | 
| [12:49] | We’re still set for a trial in three weeks? | 我们仍然计划在三周内开庭审理? | 
| [12:51] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [12:52] | We’re meeting with some firearm experts today as well, | 我们今天还会跟几个武器专家见面 | 
| [12:54] | I’ll let you know how that goes. | 有什么进展我会尽快告诉你 | 
| [12:55] | Now, it’s pretty obvious, | 很显然 | 
| [12:58] | to convince the jury | 为了说服陪审团 | 
| [13:00] | that you involutarily pulled the trigger, | 你是无意中扣动了扳机 | 
| [13:03] | you’re gonna have to testify. | 你必须出庭作证 | 
| [13:06] | Of course. | 没问题 | 
| [13:09] | Is there any skeleton | 有没有什么对你不利的事情 | 
| [13:10] | we need to know about? | 需要提前告诉我 | 
| [13:13] | No. | 没有 | 
| [13:14] | I want you to keep asking yourself that question, | 我需要你一遍遍反复回想 | 
| [13:17] | anything. | 任何事情 | 
| [13:17] | Any old girlfriend in high shool who says you hit her, | 有没有高中时的女友出来说你打过她 | 
| [13:20] | screaming at an umpire or coach | 有没有在你儿子的少年棒球联赛上 | 
| [13:21] | at your kid’s Little League game, whatever | 冲着裁判或教练咆哮过 任何事情 | 
| [13:23] | anthing you can think of | 你所能够想到的 | 
| [13:24] | that the DA might cross you with, | 有可能被检方利用的任何事情 | 
| [13:26] | we gotta know about it. | 你需要提前告诉我 | 
| [13:29] | I think I’m pretty clean, Linday. | 我觉得我无懈可击 Lindsay | 
| [13:33] | Ok. | 那好 | 
| [13:38] | Listen, on another matter, | 另外 还有件事 | 
| [13:40] | I’d like to consult you on a case | 我们事务所在办的另一个案子 | 
| [13:41] | my firm is handling. | 我想咨询你一下 | 
| [13:43] | A client has come into our office, | 有个当事人来到我们办公室 | 
| [13:45] | apparently framed for a murder he didn’t commit. | 被人栽赃犯了谋杀罪 | 
| [13:48] | And in the course of attorney-client communication, | 在律师和当事人交谈的过程中 | 
| [13:50] | he opened the bag, | 他打开自己的包 | 
| [13:51] | revealing the victim’s severed head. | 包里面是受害者的人头 | 
| [13:52] | Do we have any formal duty to tell the police | 我们有没有法律上的义务 | 
| [13:55] | that a murder has occured | 通知警方发生了凶杀案 | 
| [13:56] | or in the alternative that we have knowledge | 或者告知警方 | 
| [13:58] | of the head’s whereabouts? | 我们知道人头的下落 | 
| [14:03] | Things I learn in therapy, | 我在治疗过程中了解的信息 | 
| [14:04] | they’re previleged. | 属于保密的范围 | 
| [14:06] | Surely you’ll appreciate that. | 我相信你一定能够理解 | 
| [14:07] | I do, but that previlege doesn’t survive the patient. | 我理解 可是保密义务随病人死亡而终止 | 
| [14:10] | Well, I’d like my patients to feel that | 我希望让我的病人相信 | 
| [14:12] | should I ever leave them, | 在他们离开之后 | 
| [14:13] | I won’t be violating their confidence. | 我不会违背他们对我的信任 | 
| [14:15] | This case involves a murder, doctor. | 这是一起谋杀案 医生 | 
| [14:21] | I’m happy to stipulate by affidavit | 我愿意出具书面证词 | 
| [14:23] | that Mr. Blair was diagnosed of paranoids | 证明Blair先生患有妄想症 | 
| [14:26] | and schizophrenic | 和精神分裂症 | 
| [14:27] | with a propensity towards violence. | 并且有暴力倾向 | 
| [14:28] | I’d appreciate that, but… | 我很感激 但是 | 
| [14:29] | you see, my client is | 你要知道 我的当事人 | 
| [14:31] | is charged with a homocide, | 被指控犯了谋杀罪 | 
| [14:33] | affidavits don’t play well dramatically in a courtroom. | 书面证词在法庭上不够引人注意 | 
| [14:36] | I really need your testimony. | 我确实需要你出庭作证 | 
| [14:39] | I can’t give you that. | 那我就帮不了你 | 
| [14:40] | I could subpoena you and in which case | 我可以通过法院强制传唤你 | 
| [14:42] | you would have to… | 那样你将不得不… | 
| [14:43] | Well, I certainly don’t think you want to do that. | 我相信你不想那么做 | 
| [14:44] | My demeanor might not favor your defense. | 我的证词未必对你的辩护有利 | 
| [14:47] | Certainly you will tell the truth. | 你肯定会说出事实吧 | 
| [14:48] | Yes, but remember, | 对 但是别忘了 | 
| [14:50] | your client murdered mine. | 你的客户谋杀了我的客户 | 
| [14:52] | A bias on my part would be understandable. | 我对你们有偏见也是可以理解的 | 
| [14:55] | You know, I… | 你知道 我… | 
| [14:56] | I’m really confused here. | 我真的不太明白 | 
| [14:58] | Is it that testifying would be an inconvience? | 是不是出庭作证对你来说太麻烦了 | 
| [15:01] | I don’t like the idea | 我不赞成你的建议 | 
| [15:02] | of doctors being brought into court | 不赞成让医生上法庭 | 
| [15:05] | to give testimony against their patients. | 做出对自己病人不利的证词 | 
| [15:07] | If the people who come through my door | 如果那些走进我的大门的人们 | 
| [15:09] | have to worry about whether | 需要担心我会不会 | 
| [15:10] | I’m gonna reveal what they say, | 把他们告诉我的事情向外透露 | 
| [15:12] | that could only have a chilling affect on their therapy. | 那样只会对他们的治疗产生恶劣的影响 | 
| [15:15] | Well, you’re looking at a big picture. | 嗯 你说的是长远的图景 | 
| [15:16] | I’m dealing with a small one. | 我只关心眼前这一个案子 | 
| [15:18] | My client’s life and | 我的当事人的自由 | 
| [15:19] | where he gets to spend the rest of it. | 他将在哪里度过他的余生 | 
| [15:21] | I sympathize with your problem, | 我同情你的处境 | 
| [15:22] | but it’s not mine. | 但那不关我的事 | 
| [15:27] | Well, I’ll make it yours | 如果有必要的话 | 
| [15:28] | if I have to. | 我会把它变成你的事 | 
| [15:31] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 | 
| [15:32] | We’ll get your records, | 我们会调查你的治疗记录 | 
| [15:34] | records which will very likely reveal | 治疗记录很可能会显示 | 
| [15:37] | Mr. Blair’s contempt for Mr. Pearson. | Blair先生对Pearson的不满 | 
| [15:39] | And that’s just probably a few threats in there. | 可能会记录下一些威胁 | 
| [15:41] | If a psychiatrist has knowledge that | 如果心理医生了解到 | 
| [15:43] | his client is about to commit bodily harm | 他的客户将要实施人身伤害 | 
| [15:46] | and he stays silent… | 他却袖手旁观… | 
| [15:47] | My client did not commit bodily harm. | 我的客户没有实施人身伤害 | 
| [15:49] | Yours did. | 是你的客户 | 
| [15:51] | Which you may have played a role in | 其中或许有你的一份功劳 | 
| [15:52] | by not intervining. | 因为你没有干预 | 
| [15:53] | Goodbye, Mr. Donnell. | 再见 Donnell先生 | 
| [15:54] | Doctor Matthews, | Matthews医生 | 
| [15:57] | violence happened here. | 暴力事件已经发生 | 
| [16:00] | somebody died. | 有人已经死去 | 
| [16:02] | If you had reason to see | 如果你有理由预见到 | 
| [16:04] | this violence coming, | 会发生这个暴力事件 | 
| [16:07] | you could be exposed. | 你会被卷进去 | 
| [16:12] | Now you want to read that as a threat? | 如果你觉得我这是在威胁你 | 
| [16:15] | feel completely free. | 请自便 | 
| [16:20] | Obviously I was shocked. | 当然 我当时很震惊 | 
| [16:21] | I still am. | 我现在还在震惊 | 
| [16:23] | My father about to kill my mother? | 我父亲准备杀害我母亲 | 
| [16:27] | I still can’t believe it. | 我到现在还觉得不能相信 | 
| [16:29] | Josh, you love your dad, | Josh 你爱你的爸爸 | 
| [16:31] | do you not? | 是不是 | 
| [16:32] | Very, very much. | 非常 非常爱他 | 
| [16:33] | And would you consider yourself close to him? | 你觉得自己跟他的关系亲密吗 | 
| [16:36] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [16:37] | I object to this. | 我反对 | 
| [16:39] | I don’t see the point. | 我不知道这跟案件有什么关系 | 
| [16:41] | Your honor, the point… | 法官阁下 关键在于… | 
| [16:42] | I’m simply trying to show that this is not | 我只想证明这不是一般的家庭矛盾 | 
| [16:44] | some family split where people are taking sides. | 不是关于跟谁站在一边的家庭纷争 | 
| [16:47] | The witness is very devoted to the defendant. | 证人跟被告的关系非常亲密 | 
| [16:50] | Why do we need a witness to say all this? | 我们哪里还有必要让证人来说 | 
| [16:53] | You seem happy to say it yourself. | 你自己说得不亦乐乎 | 
| [16:54] | All right. | 行了 | 
| [16:55] | Sidebar, your honor. | 上前商议 法官阁下 | 
| [17:01] | This witness isn’t up here to offer anything new. | 这个证人的证词并不包含新的证据 | 
| [17:04] | She put him up to get in that he thought | 她让他作证的目的只是想展示 | 
| [17:06] | his father was gonna kill his mother. | 他觉得他的父亲准备杀害他的母亲 | 
| [17:07] | Good try, | 想法不错 | 
| [17:08] | but what he believes | 但是他觉得他父亲会做什么 | 
| [17:09] | is unrelevant unless | 根本与案件无关 | 
| [17:10] | he’s got some foundation as a mind reader. | 除非他会读心术 | 
| [17:12] | He’s got foundation as his son and his belief… | 他是他的儿子 他的想法… | 
| [17:14] | It’s unrelevant, | 与案件无关 | 
| [17:15] | what he believes | 他觉得他父亲会怎么做 | 
| [17:16] | can’t be introduces as evidence. | 不能作为案件的证据 | 
| [17:18] | Ms. Ward, he is right. | Ward小姐 他说得对 | 
| [17:20] | Your honor, I’m simply trying to establish… | 法官阁下 我只是想证明… | 
| [17:22] | I know what you’re trying to establish. | 我知道你想证明什么 | 
| [17:24] | If his own son thinks so, | 如果他自己的儿子都这么想 | 
| [17:26] | it must be true. | 那一定是真的 | 
| [17:27] | No go. | 到此为止 | 
| [17:36] | Josh, did it hurt to turn your own father in | Josh 你举报自己的父亲蓄谋杀人 | 
| [17:40] | for attempted murder? | 你伤心吗 | 
| [17:41] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [17:42] | Offer to show lack of bias. | 证明证人没有偏见 | 
| [17:43] | Objection overruled. | 反对无效 | 
| [17:45] | Did it hurt? | 你伤心吗 | 
| [17:47] | Of course it did. | 我当然很伤心 | 
| [17:49] | That’s all. | 我问完了 | 
| [17:53] | You said you and your father have always been close? | 你说你跟你父亲关系一直很亲密? | 
| [17:56] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [17:57] | As much as you love him, | 你说你很爱他 | 
| [17:59] | have you ever admired him? | 你是不是也同样尊敬他 | 
| [18:02] | I…I don’t understand. | 我…我没听懂 | 
| [18:04] | Has he ever done anything extrordinary? | 他有没有做过什么了不起的事情 | 
| [18:07] | Ever been proud of something he’s done? | 你有没有因为他做过的什么事而觉得骄傲 | 
| [18:10] | I’m sure I have. | 当然有 | 
| [18:12] | Can you tell me what? | 能说一件来听听吗 | 
| [18:15] | I ju… | 我… | 
| [18:16] | I can’t think of something right the second. | 我一时半会想不起来 | 
| [18:18] | Ever say to him in an argument, | 有没有在跟他吵架的时候说过 | 
| [18:21] | “dad, you’ve never done a damn thing | “爸 你一辈子屁事都没做成 | 
| [18:22] | in your whole life and you never will”? | 你今后也一样做不成” | 
| [18:24] | You say that? | 你说过没有 | 
| [18:26] | Yes. | 说过 | 
| [18:27] | So, despite all this planning here, | 所以 尽管他计划了这么多 | 
| [18:31] | you…you think it’s possible in the end, | 你…你觉得有可能到最后 | 
| [18:35] | he wouldn’t have done anything here either. | 他同样什么都不会做 | 
| [18:38] | Is that possible? | 有这个可能吗 | 
| [18:40] | Yes. | 有 | 
| [18:43] | That’s all. | 我问完了 | 
| [18:48] | Pearson says we don’t have to tell. | Pearson说我们没有义务报警 | 
| [18:50] | Really? | 真的吗 | 
| [18:51] | Past crime, no duty. | 犯罪已经发生 没有义务 | 
| [18:52] | We can’t advise him to conceal evidence, though. | 但是我们不能建议他隐藏证据 | 
| [18:54] | That we knew. | 这个我们知道 | 
| [18:54] | All right, so what’s going on? | 那么 我们怎么办 | 
| [18:56] | Pearson says it’s a strategic decision, | Pearson说只要考虑策略上的问题 | 
| [18:58] | not illegal. | 不违法 | 
| [18:59] | That guy is gonna flip out | 如果我们再不做点什么 | 
| [19:00] | if we don’t do something. | 这个人会疯掉的 | 
| [19:01] | My opinion is we move forward | 我的看法是立即行动 | 
| [19:02] | and we get the police involve right away. | 让警察介入调查 | 
| [19:04] | Ellenor, you better be sure he didn’t do it. | Ellenor 你最好先确定他没有杀人 | 
| [19:06] | Look, I don’t know the guy that well, | 虽然 我并不是多么了解他 | 
| [19:07] | but there is no way he could cut some… | 但是他绝不可能砍下… | 
| [19:09] | Eugene, it is not in his character, | Eugene 他不是那样的人 | 
| [19:10] | it just isn’t. | 他不是 | 
| [19:12] | Let’s call Helen. | 给Helen打电话 | 
| [19:14] | Helen Gamble? Helen Gamble? | |
| [19:15] | If we gotta do this right, | 如果我们想妥当处理 | 
| [19:16] | we’ll have more credibility with her | 找她来 她更愿意相信我们 | 
| [19:18] | and we’ll more trust from police | 而且如果我们跟检察官一起报警 | 
| [19:19] | if we come in with a DA. | 警方也更容易相信我们 | 
| [19:22] | Ellenor, I can’t keep waiting, | Ellenor 我不能一直等下去 | 
| [19:24] | I can’t just sit in there and do nothing. | 我不能就这样坐着 什么都不做 | 
| [19:25] | Ok, George, here is the plan, | George 我们准备这么办 | 
| [19:26] | we have a relationship with the District Attorney | 我们跟检察官关系很好 | 
| [19:28] | and we’re gonna go to her. | 我们准备找她 | 
| [19:29] | Will I be arrested? | 他们会逮捕我吗 | 
| [19:30] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得不会 | 
| [19:34] | Ok, maybe. | 也许会吧 | 
| [19:35] | What? | 什么 | 
| [19:36] | Can we just call her? | 快给她打电话啊 | 
| [19:36] | And tell her over the phone? | 在电话里跟她说吗 | 
| [19:37] | Just get her down here and then… | 就叫她过来 然后… | 
| [19:38] | She is not gonna come down here… | 她不会过来的… | 
| [19:39] | Get her here, Lindsay. | 叫她过来 Lindsay | 
| [19:40] | All right. | 别吵 | 
| [19:44] | Call Helen. | 给她打电话 | 
| [19:55] | Helen, thanks for coming. | Helen 谢谢你过来 | 
| [19:57] | What’s the big secret? | 什么事这么神秘 | 
| [19:58] | Can you just join us in Eugene’s office, please? | 我们去Eugene的办公室说吧 好不好 | 
| [20:00] | What’s going on, Ellenor? | 怎么回事 Ellenor | 
| [20:01] | Nothing fun, Helen, come on. | 不是好玩的事情 Helen 来吧 | 
| [20:03] | Lindsay? Lindsay? | |
| [20:07] | ** ** | |
| [20:11] | I left the motel and went home. | 我离开旅馆回家 | 
| [20:13] | And you went back? | 然后你又回去了? | 
| [20:15] | No, never. | 没有 绝对没有 | 
| [20:17] | Well, how do you know she is dead? | 那么 你怎么知道她已经死了 | 
| [20:20] | When he got to his office, | 他到了办公室之后 | 
| [20:21] | he opened up his medical bag, | 打开他的医疗包 | 
| [20:23] | and the woman’s head was inside. | 发现那个女人的头在包里 | 
| [20:28] | Look, I wish I were making it up, | 我也希望这都是我编的 | 
| [20:30] | but it’s in the bag. | 但是真的在包里 | 
| [20:34] | Is this a joke? | 这是个恶作剧吗 | 
| [20:35] | No. | 不是 | 
| [20:36] | There is a head in that bag? | 那个包里面有个头? | 
| [20:38] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [20:39] | A human head? | 人头? | 
| [20:40] | Helen, we got a situation here. | Helen 现在情况很棘手 | 
| [20:42] | This man is being framed for murder. | 这个人被人栽赃谋杀 | 
| [20:45] | This really… | 是真的吗… | 
| [20:53] | Oh, God! | 哦 天哪 | 
| [20:55] | Oh, what the hell is this? | 哦 这算怎么回事 | 
| [20:57] | Helen Helen. | |
| [20:58] | Is it real? | 是真的吗 | 
| [20:59] | Helen, we came to you because we trust you. | Helen 我们找你是因为我们信任你 | 
| [21:01] | Oh, thank you, thank you. | 哦 多谢 多谢 | 
| [21:03] | Next time, trust somebody else for God’s sake. | 老天爷 下次拜托你们信任其他人去 | 
| [21:06] | Nice, Lindsay. | 你真行 Lindsay | 
| [21:07] | For God’s sake. | 老天爷 | 
| [21:09] | Calm down. | 冷静一点 | 
| [21:10] | You calm down. | 你才冷静一点 | 
| [21:11] | What the hell is wrong with your people? | 你们这些人什么毛病 | 
| [21:14] | How long have you been planning to kill your wife? | 你计划杀你妻子有多长时间了 | 
| [21:17] | Since 1986. | 从1986年开始 | 
| [21:18] | 12 years? | 12年了? | 
| [21:22] | But I never really would have done it. | 但是我绝对不会真的杀她 | 
| [21:24] | Well, Mr. Manning, | 那么 Manning先生 | 
| [21:25] | you bought these forensic science books, | 你买了这些法医学的书籍 | 
| [21:27] | you studied up on cause of death, | 你研究致死原因 | 
| [21:30] | you drew these pictures of how it will happen. | 你把事件的经过画出来 | 
| [21:32] | It…it was a hobby. | 这些…这些只是业余爱好 | 
| [21:34] | A hobby? | 业余爱好? | 
| [21:35] | I started thinking one day, | 有一天 我突然想到 | 
| [21:38] | how hard would it be to get away with murder? | 逃脱谋杀罪到底有多难 | 
| [21:42] | Then I started day dreaming about the perfect crime. | 于是我开始空想构思一桩完美的犯罪 | 
| [21:48] | Killing your own wife? | 杀死你自己的妻子? | 
| [21:50] | I do love her. | 我真的爱她 | 
| [21:53] | I wish we were still together. | 我希望我们现在还在一起 | 
| [21:56] | She…she could also be very hard on me. | 她…她有时候对我很严酷 | 
| [22:01] | For 42 years I never stood up to her. | 42年来 我从来没有反抗过她 | 
| [22:04] | Sometimes there was, uh, | 有时候 呃 | 
| [22:06] | a happy little delusion where I imagine her dead, | 想象她死亡的美好小小幻想 | 
| [22:10] | even to imagine me doing it | 甚至想象我自己杀掉她 | 
| [22:12] | made me feel stronger. | 让我觉得强大 | 
| [22:16] | But when you go out and buy these books | 可是当你去买了这些书籍 | 
| [22:18] | and build the kitchen talbe as a murder weapon, | 并且制作了那张餐桌作为杀人凶器 | 
| [22:20] | this would beyond the happy little day dream. | 这已经不止是美好的小小幻想了 | 
| [22:24] | The more I thought about it, | 我反复琢磨这个方案 | 
| [22:26] | the more I came to believe | 我越来越觉得 | 
| [22:29] | I might really be able to get away with this. | 我或许真的能够成功逃脱 | 
| [22:34] | That’s…that’s when I bought the books. | 于是…于是我就买了那些书 | 
| [22:36] | And…and I made that table, | 并且…我做了那张桌子 | 
| [22:39] | it was the… | 这是… | 
| [22:40] | it was the most fun project I ever had. | 这是我有生以来最有意思的计划 | 
| [22:43] | I go up into that attic and loose myself. | 我走进那间阁楼 释放我自己 | 
| [22:48] | It made me feel powerful, | 让我觉得自己很强大 | 
| [22:50] | sinister even, you know, | 甚至有点邪恶 | 
| [22:53] | things I never feel in real life. | 我在真实生活中从来感受不到这些 | 
| [22:58] | But…but it was just make-believe, | 可是…可是这些只是幻想 | 
| [23:00] | it was just a game. | 只是一场游戏 | 
| [23:01] | I never…never would have gone through with it. | 我绝对…绝对不会真的把它付诸实施 | 
| [23:04] | Your wife thinks you will going through. | 你妻子觉得你会付诸实施 | 
| [23:11] | I suppose it’s hard to plan the murder of somebody | 我知道当你计划杀掉某个人 | 
| [23:16] | and then expect him still to trust you. | 你很难再取得他的信任 | 
| [23:22] | You know, I…I said this to you before, | 要知道 我…我以前就对你说过 | 
| [23:24] | I’ll say it now, | 我再对你说一遍 | 
| [23:26] | this was just a make-believe world | 那只是我想象出来的世界 | 
| [23:29] | where I was an interesting person, | 在那里我是个有趣的人 | 
| [23:31] | you know, someone to be feared, | 是个让人敬畏的人 | 
| [23:35] | someone to be respected. | 受人尊敬的人 | 
| [23:40] | I would never ever have really harmed you. | 我绝对 绝对不会真的伤害你 | 
| [23:49] | I…I can’t promise anything. | 我…我不敢向你保证什么 | 
| [23:51] | There has to be a full investigation. | 肯定会有全面的调查 | 
| [23:52] | Of course. | 当然 | 
| [23:53] | I need the name and the address of the motel. | 我需要知道那个旅馆的名字和地址 | 
| [23:55] | I’d also be asking for a polygraph | 另外在我决定信任支持你以前 | 
| [23:57] | before I could even begin to support you. | 必须对你做个多道记录仪测试 | 
| [23:58] | A lie dector? | 测谎? | 
| [24:00] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [24:00] | That’s fine. | 没有问题 | 
| [24:01] | Listen, is there any way we can keep this quiet? | 有没有办法让这件事不要张扬出去 | 
| [24:04] | I’m a podiatrist. | 我是个足科医生 | 
| [24:05] | I don’t need…well… | 我不能…呃… | 
| [24:09] | We’ll try, | 我们尽力而为 | 
| [24:10] | but I have to be honest with you, doctor, | 但是我跟你实话实说 医生 | 
| [24:13] | looks like a news item. | 这件事会吸引媒体关注 | 
| [24:20] | Yeah, it’s a nice gun. | 嗯 是把好枪 | 
| [24:22] | The trigger is light. | 扳机很轻 | 
| [24:23] | Yeah, but you gotta pull it, | 嗯 但你还是得抠动才行 | 
| [24:25] | doesn’t just go off. | 不会自己走火 | 
| [24:26] | But if his hand did kind of convulse, | 但是如果他的手抽搐什么的 | 
| [24:28] | wouldn’t it keep firing? | 会不会导致连续开火 | 
| [24:30] | No, you’d have to some kind of release. | 不会 你必须先放开扳机 | 
| [24:32] | With an automatic, yes. | 如果是自动手枪 那倒是会 | 
| [24:34] | It could empty the magazine | 如果你扣着扳机不放 | 
| [24:36] | if you kept squeezing a trigger. | 它会连续开火直到把子弹打完 | 
| [24:37] | But with this semi-automatic? | 但是这种半自动手枪? | 
| [24:38] | But with the auto recoil, | 可是由于有自动弹回 | 
| [24:40] | it is possible that with one squeeze… | 有可能他只要扣动一次扳机… | 
| [24:42] | Well. | 呃 | 
| [24:43] | Mr. Schramm, let’s cut through it. | Schramm先生 跟你直说吧 | 
| [24:45] | We need an expert to take the stand | 我们需要一个专家证人站到证人席上 | 
| [24:47] | and basically testify that between the light trigger | 作证说因为这把枪的扳机很轻 | 
| [24:49] | and the automatic recoil, | 加上有自动弹回 | 
| [24:51] | it is possible for a man to just sort of squeeze | 所以有可能只要扣动一次扳机 | 
| [24:53] | and have the entire magazine empty. | 就把子弹全部打完 | 
| [24:56] | We’re gonna find that expert. | 我们能找到这样的专家证人 | 
| [24:57] | He is out somewhere. | 肯定有这样的人 | 
| [24:58] | The question is have we found him yet? | 问题是我们是不是已经找到他了 | 
| [25:04] | What’s the fee? | 费用是多少 | 
| [25:06] | 1500 a day. | 1500一天 | 
| [25:09] | Let me think about it. | 让我考虑一下 | 
| [25:21] | So this was just one happy little day dreaming? | 你说这一切只是美好的小小幻想 | 
| [25:25] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [25:26] | And you still love your wife? | 你仍然爱你的妻子吗 | 
| [25:28] | I do. | 是的 | 
| [25:30] | Did you ever tell anyone that you hated her? | 你有没有告诉过其他人你恨他 | 
| [25:32] | I’m sure I told Josh that. | 我想我跟Josh说过 | 
| [25:35] | Told him with a twinkle or did you mean it? | 是随口说说还是严肃认真的 | 
| [25:39] | My wife could be a very abusive woman at times. | 我妻子有时候是个非常粗暴的人 | 
| [25:43] | She used to belittle me for being a failure, | 她一度因为我的无能 | 
| [25:47] | for not making enough money. | 因为不会赚钱而看不起我 | 
| [25:50] | I…I know, | 我…我知道 | 
| [25:52] | it’s just her own frustration talking. | 她只是因为失望而喜欢抱怨 | 
| [25:56] | No, I…I don’t think I ever trully hated her. | 不 我…我其实并不恨她 | 
| [26:02] | Many times I felt anger toward her, yes. | 我的确经常生她的气 没错 | 
| [26:06] | Now, Mr. Manning, | Manning先生 | 
| [26:08] | between the books and the wood and the art supplies, | 在这些书籍 木料和你做的这些东西上面 | 
| [26:13] | you spent over a thousand dollars on these stuff, | 你一共花费了1000多块钱 | 
| [26:16] | didn’t you? | 是不是 | 
| [26:17] | I don’t know, I didn’t keep receipts. | 我不知道 我没留收据 | 
| [26:19] | No, you didn’t. | 的确 你没有留 | 
| [26:20] | You always paid with cash. | 你总是以现金付款 | 
| [26:22] | You never used your credit card. | 你从来不用自己的信用卡 | 
| [26:23] | You never wrote a cheque. | 从来不开支票 | 
| [26:26] | Well, if…if the fantasy is… | 呃 如果…如果你幻想… | 
| [26:29] | is to have a perfect crime, you… | 实施完美的犯罪 你… | 
| [26:31] | You were gonna kill your wife, | 你准备杀死你的妻子 | 
| [26:32] | weren’t you, Mr. Manning? | 是不是 Manning先生 | 
| [26:34] | I would never have come through with it. | 我永远不会真的付诸实施 | 
| [26:37] | Could you please read page 103? | 你能不能读一下第103页 | 
| [26:41] | This is just an idle fiction, Ms. Ward. | 这只是我随意的虚构 Ward小姐 | 
| [26:44] | Yes. Could you read the idle fiction on page 103? | 对 你能不能读一下103页上这随意的虚构 | 
| [26:57] | When I close my eyes, | 当我闭上眼睛 | 
| [26:59] | I can hear this sound of wood hitting skull | 我能听到木头撞击头骨的声音 | 
| [27:03] | like the crack of a baseball bat. | 就像棒球拍破裂的声音 | 
| [27:06] | I keep playing it over and over in my mind. | 我在自己的脑海中一遍遍地反复播放 | 
| [27:10] | It sounds like music. | 听起来就像音乐一样 | 
| [27:14] | Soon I wll hear the music | 很快 我就会听到这样的音乐 | 
| [27:16] | and she will be gone. | 她就快完蛋了 | 
| [27:33] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 | 
| [27:34] | Mrs. Manning, Mrs. Manning, | Manning太太 Mannning太太 | 
| [27:37] | all his preparation aside, | 虽然他做了种种准备 | 
| [27:39] | we wouldn’t be here right now | 可是如果你没有报警 | 
| [27:41] | if you didn’t go to the police, | 我们现在也不会在这里 | 
| [27:42] | which is ok. | 我理解你 | 
| [27:44] | But you don’t know he would have done this, | 但是你也不确定他真的会那么做 | 
| [27:47] | do you? | 对不对 | 
| [27:49] | What do you want me to do, Ms. Washington? | 你指望我怎么做 Washington小姐 | 
| [27:53] | Take the stand and say there is reasonable doubt? | 站到证人席上 说存在合理怀疑? | 
| [27:57] | Well, there is, | 是有啊 | 
| [27:59] | isn’t there? | 不是吗 | 
| [28:01] | And what consolation that is after 42 years, | 在经历了42年的婚姻之后 他想杀我 | 
| [28:05] | either he was going to kill me | 有没有合理怀疑 | 
| [28:08] | or there is reasonable doubt? | 对我来说有什么区别吗 | 
| [28:18] | Jimmy? Jimmy? | |
| [28:20] | Can I close? | 可以让我来做陈词吗 | 
| [28:22] | Closing argument? | 结案陈词? | 
| [28:26] | I have a read on these whole thing. | 我能够理解这件事情 | 
| [28:30] | I can make the jury understand. | 我能说服陪审团也理解 | 
| [29:42] | Let’s take some pictures. | 我们得拍几张照片 | 
| [30:05] | Your favorite color is blue? | 你最喜欢的颜色是蓝色? | 
| [30:08] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [30:10] | Your name is George Vogelman? | 你叫George Vogelman? | 
| [30:13] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [30:16] | Did you first meet the victim | 受害人被杀的那个晚上 | 
| [30:18] | the night she was killed? | 是你跟她初次见面吗 | 
| [30:20] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [30:22] | Were you physically attracted to the victim? | 你是否为受害人的外表所吸引 | 
| [30:25] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [30:26] | The girls name is Susan Robin, | 女孩的名字叫Susan Robin | 
| [30:27] | Northeasten student. | 东北大学的学生 | 
| [30:29] | No record, good kid. | 没有前科 是个好孩子 | 
| [30:30] | The bad news is she comes from a wealthy family, | 坏消息是 她生在一个富裕的家庭 | 
| [30:32] | there is gonna be some heat. | 检方会有一定的压力 | 
| [30:35] | Is there anything from the crime scene? | 犯罪现场有新的发现没有 | 
| [30:37] | I haven’t heard yet. | 据我所知没有 | 
| [30:40] | Is it strange he went so far as to buy books? | 你们觉得奇怪吗 他买回了书籍 | 
| [30:43] | Sketch it out? | 把它画出来 | 
| [30:45] | Make the murder weapon? | 制作了杀人凶器 | 
| [30:47] | Of course it is, | 当然奇怪 | 
| [30:49] | it’s even deranged. | 甚至有点变态 | 
| [30:51] | But simply put, | 但是简单地说 | 
| [30:53] | it’s not a crime to think deranged thoughts. | 有变态的想法并不犯罪 | 
| [30:56] | It isn’t. | 不是犯罪 | 
| [30:57] | Now, I think we could all see that this is a sad man, | 我想 我们都看得出来他是个失意的男人 | 
| [31:01] | even pathetic maybe. | 甚至有点可怜 | 
| [31:04] | And that’s why he go up to his attic day after day | 所以他才日复一日地躲进自己的阁楼 | 
| [31:07] | and enter his little Walter Mitty world | 躲进小小的沃尔特·米蒂的世界里 【漫画主角,现实中怯懦,惧妻,爱幻想自己各种英勇】 | 
| [31:10] | where he could pretend to be sinister, | 在那里他可以假装自己很邪恶 | 
| [31:12] | and, and powerful, | 很强大 | 
| [31:13] | this mastermind of a great and terrible crime, | 策划一场了不起的重大犯罪 | 
| [31:17] | and he go a little further with the plan each day | 每一天 他都在这个计划上走得更远 | 
| [31:20] | because the further he went, | 因为当他走得越远 | 
| [31:21] | the more he could convince himself | 他就越容易说服自己相信 | 
| [31:23] | that he was capable and then make him feel good, | 自己是个有能力的人 他因此觉得满足 | 
| [31:25] | that he was capable of anything. | 让他觉得自己无所不能 | 
| [31:29] | But in the end, | 可是归根结底 | 
| [31:30] | he never does anything. | 他什么都没做 | 
| [31:33] | He never will. | 他也永远不会做 | 
| [31:35] | This is an ordinary little man | 他只是个普通的小男人 | 
| [31:38] | who retreat to his own inner world | 他躲进自己的内心世界 | 
| [31:40] | where he can feel like something more. | 幻想自己是个了不起的人物 | 
| [31:43] | Now, we…we all have our fantasies. | 我们…我们都会幻想 | 
| [31:46] | I’m sure some even involve deviance. | 我相信有些幻想还很邪恶 | 
| [31:49] | But if they just fantasies, | 但如果只是停留在幻想 | 
| [31:52] | and you don’t do anything, | 你什么都不做 | 
| [31:56] | you can’t send a man to prision | 你不能因为某个人的所思所想 | 
| [31:58] | for what he is thinking. | 就把他关进监狱 | 
| [32:01] | And that’s what’s going on here, ladies and gentlemen. | 这个案子就是这么回事 女士们先生们 | 
| [32:03] | So let…let him have | 所以就让…就让他沉浸在 | 
| [32:05] | his little pretend world. | 自己的小小幻想世界 | 
| [32:09] | It seems to be all he’s got. | 这是他唯一能拥有的 | 
| [32:22] | He made the weapon. | 他制作了凶器 | 
| [32:24] | He researched how to do it. | 他研究怎样实施 | 
| [32:27] | Now, what are we supposed to do? | 我们该怎么做 | 
| [32:28] | Wait until he is in full backswing with the wood | 一直等到他挥舞起那个木棒 | 
| [32:30] | before we place him under arrest? | 然后才能拘捕他? | 
| [32:33] | What if he had killed her? | 如果他真杀了她怎么办 | 
| [32:35] | Would we all feel silly saying | “嘿 我们以为只不过是一场游戏” | 
| [32:38] | “hey, we thought it was only a game”? | 这样说法不显得很愚蠢吗 | 
| [32:41] | Made the weapon, | 制作凶器 | 
| [32:43] | studied forensics, | 研究法医学 | 
| [32:45] | made a story board of the crime. | 策划了犯罪的详细经过 | 
| [32:48] | How far are we going to let him take it? | 我们究竟要让他走多远 | 
| [32:51] | Go back to that room and read page 103 | 当你们回到陪审团室的时候 | 
| [32:56] | in his journal and note his anticipated delight | 读一下他的日记第103页 | 
| [32:59] | of wood hitting skull, | 注意木头敲击头骨带给他的快乐 | 
| [33:01] | of her being gone. | 她的死亡带给他的快乐 | 
| [33:03] | This is not a zealous police | 这不是一位勤勉敬业的警官 | 
| [33:05] | force at work here, people. | 在履行自己的职责 诸位 | 
| [33:07] | His own son, | 他自己的儿子 | 
| [33:09] | sombbody who loves him had to step in. | 虽然爱他 但是不得不站出来 | 
| [33:14] | This is a murder waiting to happen, | 这是一场即将发生的凶杀案 | 
| [33:16] | ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们 | 
| [33:17] | You can either prevent it, or not. | 你们可以阻止它 或者放任它 | 
| [33:31] | We got a firearm expert, | 我们找到一个武器专家 | 
| [33:32] | he is pretty much considered the best. | 他基本上是公认的最权威的专家 | 
| [33:34] | The psychiatrist wasn’t too friendly, | 心理医生态度不是很友好 | 
| [33:35] | but he will testify. | 不过他也同意作证 | 
| [33:37] | It figures to be a very short trial. | 我们估计庭审会很短 | 
| [33:39] | How short? | 多短 | 
| [33:41] | It could even be two days. | 可能只要两天 | 
| [33:42] | We stipulate to as much of their case as possible. | 检方所有的证据我们都认可 | 
| [33:45] | Now, the fewer witnesses they put on, | 他们提供的证人越少 | 
| [33:47] | the thiner their case will seem psychologically. | 他们的指控在心理上就越薄弱 | 
| [33:49] | And the whole thing will turn on our testimony. | 这样整个案子的关键就落在我们的证词上 | 
| [33:51] | Well, we’re putting up some psychology experts aren’t we? | 我们会提供一些心理学专家来作证 对不对 | 
| [33:54] | How panic can trigger reaction such as mine, or anger? | 说明紧张或者愤怒能够导致我这样的反应 | 
| [33:58] | We don’t want to. | 我们不想这么做 | 
| [33:59] | It could… it could play like | 那样会…会显得像是 | 
| [34:00] | a rich defendant paying for science. | 有钱的被告收买科学家 | 
| [34:02] | That could alienate the jury. | 会疏离陪审团 | 
| [34:04] | We’d rather have you just tell them. | 我们更倾向于你自己告诉他们 | 
| [34:08] | Well, are…are you sure? | 呃 你…你确定吗 | 
| [34:10] | I mean, we stipulate to most of their case, | 我是说 我们承认他们的大部分证据 | 
| [34:12] | and what? we’re putting up just three witnesses? | 而我们 我们只提供三个证人? | 
| [34:14] | Four, if we call your wife, | 四个 如果我们传唤你妻子的话 | 
| [34:15] | which we probably will. | 我们可能会传唤她 | 
| [34:18] | What? | 开玩笑 | 
| [34:20] | A two day trial to determine the rest of my life? | 两天的庭审就决定我的整个余生? | 
| [34:27] | Professor, we’re good at this. | 教授 我们很专业 | 
| [34:32] | Oh, I…I know, I… | 哦 我…我知道 我… | 
| [34:40] | thank you, Lindsay. | 谢谢 Lindsay | 
| [34:46] | Mere preparation is not enough. | 只是做准备是不够的 | 
| [34:49] | You must find the intent | 你们必须认定存在杀人的意图 | 
| [34:51] | to kill plus some overt act. | 以及一定的明显的行为 | 
| [34:55] | What constitutes that overt act is the question. | 是否存在明显的行为是焦点问题 | 
| [34:59] | Is making the weapon enough? | 制作凶器是否已经足够 | 
| [35:01] | Drawing the sketches? | 画那些漫画是否足够 | 
| [35:03] | What you must determine | 当你们回到陪审团室 | 
| [35:05] | when you go back into that room is this: | 你们需要考虑并决定的问题是 | 
| [35:07] | Had he gone so far | 他是否已经走到这一步 | 
| [35:09] | that if the police had not stepped in, | 即如果警方没有干预 | 
| [35:12] | if would have resulted | 他是否必然会将 | 
| [35:14] | in the full consummation of the crime. | 他的犯罪计划付诸全面实施 | 
| [35:17] | If yes, you find him guilty. | 如果是 你们就判有罪 | 
| [35:22] | If no, you must acquit. | 如果不是 你们就判无罪 | 
| [35:26] | Had he crossed the line of simply planning it? | 他是否已经越过了单纯计划的界限 | 
| [35:31] | That’s what you must decide. | 这是你们需要决定的问题 | 
| [35:37] | Donnell, Young & Frutt. | Donnell Young和Frutt事务所 | 
| [35:38] | Please hold. | 请稍等 | 
| [35:40] | Ellenor, Helen Gamble. | Ellenor 是Helen Gamble | 
| [35:41] | You leave out Dole. | 你漏掉了”Dole” | 
| [35:43] | Excuse me? | 什么 | 
| [35:44] | You always say Donnell, Young & Frutt, | 你总是说Donnell Young和Frutt | 
| [35:46] | you leave out “Dole”. | 你漏掉了”Dole” | 
| [35:47] | Oh, do you mind? | 哦 你介意吗 | 
| [35:48] | The rythm is better. | 这样说起来更顺口 | 
| [35:49] | I kind of like you to say Dole. | 我希望你加上”Dole” | 
| [35:51] | No problem. | 没问题 | 
| [35:52] | Helen, come on, | Helen 拜托 | 
| [35:54] | even so, this is premature, | 即便如此 现在为时尚早 | 
| [35:55] | why can’t we wait… | 我们为什么不等到… | 
| [35:57] | oh, God. | 哦 上帝 | 
| [35:59] | Can we surrender him here? | 我们能不能在这里把他交给警方 | 
| [36:00] | Look, I just don’t… | 我只是不想… | 
| [36:03] | yeah, sure, | 好 当然 | 
| [36:05] | ok. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 | 
| [36:09] | Polygraph was inconclusive. | 测谎仪结论不确定 | 
| [36:10] | The only prints found on the scene | 犯罪现场发现的全部指纹 | 
| [36:12] | were the victim’s and George’s. | 都来自受害人和George | 
| [36:13] | It’s heating the press. | 新闻媒体非常关注 | 
| [36:14] | They’re gonna arrest him. | 他们要逮捕他 | 
| [36:14] | On what? | 基于什么 | 
| [36:15] | On what? | 基于什么? | 
| [36:16] | Last seen with her, has her head, | 死亡前和他在一起 带着她的头 | 
| [36:18] | they’ve made arrest on less, Lindsay. | 比这个更弱的情况他们都能实施逮捕 Lindsay | 
| [36:20] | So what’s happening? | 那接下来怎么办 | 
| [36:21] | She agreed to let me surrender him. | 她同意在这里拘捕他 | 
| [36:26] | Will you call him? | 你给他打电话吧 | 
| [36:27] | I’m not calling him, you call him | 我不给他打 你打给他 | 
| [36:30] | Donnell, Young & Frutt, | Donnell Young和Frutt事务所 | 
| [36:32] | and Dole. | 还有”Dole” | 
| [36:34] | Yes, I’ll tell him. | 好的 我会转告他 | 
| [36:37] | Your closing was either really good or really bad. | 你的结案陈词要么非常好 要么非常糟 | 
| [36:40] | Excuse me? | 怎么了 | 
| [36:42] | The jury is back. | 陪审团回来了 | 
| [36:45] | What? | 什么 | 
| [36:52] | Is this good? | 是好兆头吗 | 
| [36:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [36:54] | They’re not looking over. | 他们没有往这边看 | 
| [36:55] | What? | 什么 | 
| [36:56] | The jury. When they acquit, | 陪审团 如果他们判无罪 | 
| [36:58] | someone will usually give a look over, | 通常会有人看一下被告这边 | 
| [37:01] | heads and down. | 从头到脚 | 
| [37:02] | Oh, God. | 哦 天哪 | 
| [37:03] | Just hang in. | 坚持住 | 
| [37:05] | It might not mean nothing. | 结果还不一定 | 
| [37:06] | The jury have reached a verdict? | 陪审团做出一致的裁决了吗 | 
| [37:08] | We have, your honor. | 是的 法官阁下 | 
| [37:10] | The defendant will rise. | 被告请起立 | 
| [37:17] | What say you? | 请宣布判决 | 
| [37:19] | On the matter of the Commonwealth vs. Manning, | 马萨诸塞州诉Manning | 
| [37:21] | on the charge of attempted murder, | 关于谋杀未遂的指控 | 
| [37:24] | we find the defendant Jesse Cowens Manning | 我们判决被告Jesse Cowens Manning | 
| [37:28] | not guilty. | 无罪 | 
| [37:30] | Oh, thank God. | 哦 谢天谢地 | 
| [37:31] | Jury is dismissed with the thanks of the court | 陪审团解散 法庭感谢你们的工作 | 
| [37:34] | and we’re adjoured. | 休庭 | 
| [37:36] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [37:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [37:42] | Find a new hobby, Mr. Manning. | 找点其他的爱好 Manning先生 | 
| [37:44] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [37:52] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 | 
| [38:08] | Have you dreamed about killing me, dad? | 爸 你有没有幻想过杀我 | 
| [38:13] | No, son. | 没有 孩子 | 
| [38:24] | Tell your mother I miss her. | 跟你妈说 我想他 | 
| [38:28] | Yeah. | 好 | 
| [38:46] | Helen said we could arraign him tonight. | Helen说今天晚上就可以安排聆讯 | 
| [38:48] | I’d like to try for bail. | 我想申请保释 | 
| [38:49] | For a homocide? | 在谋杀案中? | 
| [38:50] | We’d like to try. | 我们可以试一下 | 
| [38:53] | George Vogelman George Vogelman, | |
| [38:55] | you’re under arrest for the murder of Susan Robin. | 现在因涉嫌谋杀Susan Robin逮捕你 | 
| [38:58] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 | 
| [39:01] | Anything you say can and will be used against you | 你所说的一切有可能在法庭上 | 
| [39:04] | in a court of law. | 成为对你不利的呈堂证供 | 
| [39:06] | You have the right to talk to an attorney, | 你有权请律师 | 
| [39:07] | and havn’t you… | 如果你… | 
| [39:08] | Sources describe him as a private man | 消息人士形容他是个孤僻的人 | 
| [39:10] | with a history of meeting women through the personals. | 曾一度通过报纸的交友广告结交女性 | 
| [39:13] | Reportedly, he carried the head of the victim around all day. | 据报道 他带着受害人的头转悠了一整天 | 
| [39:16] | Police found the body of the victim | 警方在EastLarzer街的一家旅馆 | 
| [39:18] | at a motel on Eastlarzer street, | 发现了受害者的尸体 | 
| [39:20] | near the bar where Vogelman | 该旅馆靠近Vogelman | 
| [39:22] | allegedly first met the victim. | 跟受害人初次见面的酒吧 | 
| [39:23] | I’ll say this, | 不得不说 | 
| [39:25] | whoever framed him did a pretty good job. | 不管是谁栽的脏 他确实干得漂亮 | 
| [39:27] | Do you think he can get convicted? | 你觉得他会不会被定罪 | 
| [39:28] | Well, they can’t come up with a suspect. | 他们找不到其他的嫌疑人 | 
| [39:32] | This same firm of Donnell, Young & Frutt | 这家Donnell Young和Frutt事务所 | 
| [39:33] | is also representing Anderson Pearson in his murder trial. | 同时也在为Anderson Pearson的谋杀案辩护 | 
| [39:36] | – What? – Why does everybody leave out Dole? | -怎么了 -为什么每个人都要漏掉”Dole” | 
| [39:39] | What am I? A pineapple? | 我算什么 菠萝吗 【Dole:另指都乐菠萝】 | 
| [39:40] | Actually expect to panel a jury by the end of the month. | 预计本月底将组成陪审团 | 
| [39:42] | Mr. Pearson, you recall, | 观众们应该还记得 | 
| [39:44] | is charged with second degree murder after he shot… | Pearson被指控二级谋杀罪 他… | 
| [39:51] | Seems we suddenly drift into homocides again. | 我们好像突然又回去做谋杀案了 | 
| [39:55] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [40:05] | You ok? | 你没事吧 | 
| [40:12] | I… | 我… | 
| [40:15] | the way we strong arm witnesses, | 我想到我们威胁证人 | 
| [40:17] | I mean, I know we had to a little, but… | 我知道我们别无选择 可是… | 
| [40:18] | Lindsay, I can put Eugene on this. | Lindsay 我可以让Eugene来接手 | 
| [40:21] | No, I want to be on this case. | 不 我想做这个案子 | 
| [40:25] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [40:30] | Good question. | 问得好 | 
| [40:32] | Something tells me you know the answer. | 我看得出来你知道答案 | 
| [40:35] | Remember when I was up against Pearson | 你还记得在烟草公司的案子里 | 
| [40:37] | in the tobacco case? | 我跟Pearson打对手的时候吗 | 
| [40:41] | You accused me of not being tough enough. | 你批评我不够强硬 | 
| [40:44] | I did? | 有吗 | 
| [40:46] | You said I might be looking for approval in his eyes, | 你说我也许是在寻求他的认可 | 
| [40:51] | and you were right. | 你说得对 | 
| [40:53] | And every time I’ve looked at this firm | 每一次 当我通过他的眼光 | 
| [40:54] | through his eyes, i felt… | 来看这间事务所 我觉得… | 
| [40:56] | I don’t know, i… | 我不知道 我… | 
| [40:59] | I mean, sleazy isn’t the right word, but… | 我是说 “肮脏”这个词也许不恰当 可是… | 
| [41:01] | Is the one that comes to mind? | 你最先想到的就是这个词? | 
| [41:05] | I was his best student. | 我是他最好的学生 | 
| [41:07] | He was my favorite professor. | 他是我最喜欢的教授 | 
| [41:11] | I would see his disappointment and… | 我看得出来他的失望 而… | 
| [41:15] | and now the chance for me and this firm, | 如今我和我的事务所有这样一个机会 | 
| [41:20] | to fight for him, to rescue him, | 去为他而战 去挽救他 | 
| [41:23] | it feels like… | 这就像是… | 
| [41:25] | this chance to write off what we are | 为我们自己正名的机会 | 
| [41:26] | and yet the things I have been doing to help to save him, | 可是 我为了救他而做的那些事情 | 
| [41:33] | to get that approval. | 为了得到他的认可 | 
| [41:39] | I have been everything he accused me of becoming. | 我已经完全变成了他批评我的那个样子 | 
| [41:46] | And what is it you have become? | 你变成什么样子了 | 
| [41:53] | Some lawyer who gets people acquittals. | 只知道帮人脱罪的律师 | 
| [41:59] | You are a lot more than that, Lindsay, | 你绝对不是那样的人 Lindsay | 
| [42:02] | in his eyes and everyone else’s. | 不管在他的眼中 还是在所有人的眼中 | 
| [42:08] | I hope. | 但愿如此 |