| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:03] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [00:03] | There is a had in the bag. | 包里有个人头 | 
| [00:04] | It’s a woman I met a bar last night. | 是我昨晚在酒吧认识的那个女人 | 
| [00:06] | What are you doing with her head? | 你带着她的头干嘛 | 
| [00:08] | Somebody put it there. | 有人把它放进去的 | 
| [00:09] | George Vogleman George Vogleman | |
| [00:10] | you are under arrest for the murder of Susan Robin. | 现在以涉嫌谋杀Susan Robin的罪名逮捕你 | 
| [00:12] | The guy who killed your girlfriend is not George Vogleman. | 杀你女朋友的人不是George Vogleman | 
| [00:15] | Part of their case is the notion | 检方指控的依据之一是 | 
| [00:16] | that Susan could never have gone off on some one nighter. | Susan不可能会去找一夜情 | 
| [00:19] | Can you think of anything that could explain why she would? | 你能想到任何她会这么做的原因吗 | 
| [00:23] | I had been a little unfaithful to Susan. | 我跟Susan 我劈腿了 | 
| [00:28] | As I said to your dad | 正如我跟你父亲所说的 | 
| [00:29] | I am convinced that they got the wrong guy. | 我相信他们抓错人了 | 
| [00:32] | That means that this thing | 也就是说整件事要么是 | 
| [00:33] | was either mission to frame George Vogleman | 为了陷害George Vogleman | 
| [00:35] | or somebody was after your sister. | 要么就是冲你姐姐来的 | 
| [00:36] | Is it possible that your sister | 有没有可能 | 
| [00:38] | could have kept some part of her life secret? | 你姐姐的生活中有着不为人知的一面 | 
| [00:40] | She did spend a lot time on the internet. | 她的确有点沉迷于网络 | 
| [00:42] | Your guy was last seen with her. | 你当事人是最后和她在一起的人 | 
| [00:45] | He had her head. | 他还带着她的头 | 
| [00:46] | If George Vogelman didn’t do it | 如果George Vogleman没有杀她 | 
| [00:48] | he certainly represents reasonable doubt | 那么对真正的凶手而言 | 
| [00:49] | for whoever did. | 他肯定就构成了合理怀疑 | 
| [00:51] | What are you saying? | 你什么意思 | 
| [00:52] | They are not gonna reopen the investigation. | 他们不会重新展开调查 | 
| [00:54] | I don’t give orders to the police | 我不能命令警方 | 
| [00:55] | on how to investigate their cases. | 指导他们怎样调查案件 | 
| [00:57] | I am asking you to order them | 你只要你命令他们进行调查就行 | 
| [00:58] | to investigate period! | 没说怎样调查 | 
| [01:00] | Well I can’t order them to keep looking | 要是他们相信已经抓到了凶手 | 
| [01:01] | if they are convinced they have the killer. | 我没法命令他们继续追查 | 
| [01:03] | If they are thinking he is a suspect | 如果他们认为他就是嫌疑犯 | 
| [01:05] | we have a device to deal with that, | 我们有一套机制来处理 | 
| [01:07] | we call it the trial. | 我们把它叫做”审判” | 
| [01:12] | Jay, I really appreciate your willingness to testify. | Jay 我真的很感谢你愿意作证 | 
| [01:15] | I’m not gonna be that much help, Ms. Frutt. | 我不一定帮得上忙 Frutt女士 | 
| [01:18] | I can’t say I think your client is innocent. | 我不确定你的当事人是无辜的 | 
| [01:20] | I know, but you are the only one who can supply | 我明白 但是或许只有你能够解释 | 
| [01:23] | a possible reason why your girlfriend would have gone to a motel | 为什么你女朋友会和George Vogelman | 
| [01:25] | with George Vogelman. | 一同去旅馆开房 | 
| [01:28] | I’m not crazy about helping the guy who killed my sister. | 我不想帮那个杀害了我姐姐的家伙 | 
| [01:32] | All we’re asking is that you talk about the internet thing. | 我们只是想请你说出关于上网的事情 | 
| [01:37] | I can’t. | 不行 | 
| [01:38] | Dr. Roberts, | Roberts医生 | 
| [01:39] | you know George Vogelman better than anybody. | 你比任何人都要了解George Vogelman | 
| [01:42] | But I wouldn’t be able to say that I truly know him. | 但我不敢说我真的了解他 | 
| [01:44] | I see him at work, I… | 我只在工作时间见到他 我…. | 
| [01:48] | look, his being arrested for this crime | 你看 他因为这场命案被逮捕 | 
| [01:51] | It’s hurt the whole office. | 我们整个医院都受到影响 | 
| [01:53] | I really don’t want to step into a witness chair | 我真的不想坐到证人席上 | 
| [01:56] | and associate our medical corporation | 连累我们医院的声誉 | 
| [01:58] | He was an usher at your wedding. | 他在你的婚礼上当过迎宾员 | 
| [02:05] | And I couldn’t imagine him doing what they’re accusing him of. | 我也不相信他们对他的指控都是事实 | 
| [02:10] | But nor could I imagine | 可我同样不敢相信 | 
| [02:11] | his taste for pornography | 他会那么迷恋色情片 | 
| [02:13] | or his going home from bars with strangers. | 还有他会和酒吧认识的陌生人回家过夜 | 
| [02:15] | At best, all I could testify to is that | 要我做证的话 我最多只能说 | 
| [02:18] | I thought I knew him. | 我以为我了解他 | 
| [02:22] | Even his friends have pulled away. | 连他的朋友都不帮他 | 
| [02:24] | What have you got? | 你现在掌握了些什么 | 
| [02:25] | No history of violence. Reputation for honesty. | 没有暴力伤人的经历 为人诚实 | 
| [02:27] | Came forward on his own volition. | 主动向警方报案 | 
| [02:29] | – Loner. – Advertises in the personals. | -孤僻 -在报纸上登交友广告 | 
| [02:30] | – Likes porno. – Keeps to himself. | -喜欢色情片 -喜欢独处 | 
| [02:32] | All right. | 够了 | 
| [02:34] | How many friends or associates you talk to? | 你问了多少个朋友或同事 | 
| [02:36] | A dozen, maybe more. | 12个 可能还不止 | 
| [02:37] | Anybody say they really knew the guy, | 有没有人说是真正了解他的 | 
| [02:38] | i mean completely? | 我的意思是完全了解 | 
| [02:40] | No. | 没有 | 
| [02:41] | Great. | 好极了 | 
| [02:41] | Ok, this is what I think. | 我觉得事情的经过是这样的 | 
| [02:43] | They go to the motel, | 他们一起去的汽车旅馆 | 
| [02:44] | then this woman rejected him at the wrong time. | 这个女人不识时务地拒绝了他 | 
| [02:46] | Maybe he felt sexually humiliated or whatever. | 也许他觉得在性方面受到了侮辱什么的 | 
| [02:49] | This is the ultimate ridicule, | 这是对他来说最严重的嘲讽 | 
| [02:51] | and then he snapped. | 于是他抓狂了 | 
| [02:52] | Chopped off her head? | 然后就砍下她的头? | 
| [02:53] | Now, what’s he gonna do? | 接着 他该怎么做 | 
| [02:55] | He’s got no chance of getting away with it. | 他不可能逃得掉谋杀罪 | 
| [02:56] | He’s got a better shot at making it look like he was framed. | 如果伪装成被陷害 他脱罪的机会更大些 | 
| [02:59] | So he sticks her head in his medical bag | 于是他把死者的头装进自己的医疗包 | 
| [03:01] | and the big show begins. | 好戏就这样开场了 | 
| [03:03] | Loner. | 孤僻 | 
| [03:03] | – Foot doctor. – He did it. | -足科医生 -是他杀的 | 
| [03:05] | Got mad. Lost his head. | 他很生气 后果很严重 | 
| [03:07] | The loner. | 孤僻 | 
| [03:07] | Is that it? Anything else? | 是吗 还有别的吗 | 
| [03:09] | There’s no death penalty in Massachusetts, right? | 马萨诸塞州没有死刑 对吧 | 
| [04:00] | You keep your head up, George. | 你要一直抬着头 George | 
| [04:02] | Don’t be shaking it “No, no, no.” | 不要摇头说 “不 不 不” | 
| [04:03] | Just keep your head up. | 始终把头抬起来 | 
| [04:05] | They’re gonna tell their story, | 他们有他们的说法 | 
| [04:06] | and then we’re gonna get to tell ours. | 我们有我们的说法 | 
| [04:09] | Ok. | 明白 | 
| [04:12] | Bathroom? Anybody need to go? | 洗手间 有谁要去吗 | 
| [04:13] | All set. | 都准备好了 | 
| [04:14] | I went. | 我去过了 | 
| [04:17] | Ok. | 行 | 
| [04:23] | Last seen with her. | 他是最后和死者在一起的人 | 
| [04:25] | Her severed head was in his possession. | 她的头颅就在他的包里 | 
| [04:27] | Her blood was in his car. | 他的车上有她的血迹 | 
| [04:30] | As our case will show, there is not one piece… | 我们的证据会显示 没有任何一个… | 
| [04:34] | not one piece of physical or testimonial evidence | 没有一件物证或一个人证 | 
| [04:38] | that points to anybody | 指向其他任何人 | 
| [04:39] | other than George Vogelman. | 它们全都指向George Vogelman | 
| [04:42] | That’s because George Vogelman gruesomely, | 这是因为George Vogelman丧心病狂地 | 
| [04:45] | hideously murdered Susan Robin. | 残忍地谋杀了Susan Robin | 
| [04:50] | It’s not even a question. | 事实再清楚不过 | 
| [05:03] | Sometimes how things look are not how they are. | 有时候 事实并非像表面看起来那样 | 
| [05:07] | And there’s a reason we bother with the trial. | 所以我们才会有繁琐的审判程序 | 
| [05:11] | All we ask is that you be objective | 我们只要求你们保持客观 | 
| [05:13] | and you pay close attention to everything you hear. | 并且仔细倾听庭上的每一句话 | 
| [05:27] | Mr. Tisbury. | Tisbury先生 | 
| [05:30] | The Commonwealth calls Helen Gamble to the stand. | 控方传唤Helen Gamble出庭作证 | 
| [05:34] | His attorneys called | 他的律师打电话给我 | 
| [05:35] | and asked me to come down to their offices. | 让我去他们的办公室 | 
| [05:38] | Why did they call you, ms. Gamble? | 为什么他们会打给你 Gamble女士 | 
| [05:39] | One of the attorneys there is my roommate, | 他们其中一个是我的室友 | 
| [05:42] | another one I’ve dated. | 另外一个是我的前男友 | 
| [05:43] | So they figured in you | 所以他们觉得 | 
| [05:44] | they’d get a sympathetic district attorney. | 你是一个好说话的检察官 | 
| [05:46] | I don’t think they were expecting special treatment. | 我不认为他们是想要特殊照顾 | 
| [05:49] | They wanted to surrender a client | 他们想让当事人主动配合警方 | 
| [05:51] | and hoped I could help them do it quietly. | 希望我能够帮助他们保持案件低调 | 
| [05:53] | Did they tell you any details about the case? | 他们有没有告诉你案子的详情 | 
| [05:55] | No. They simply asked me to come to the offices. | 没有 他们只是让我去办公室 | 
| [05:57] | They said is was serious. | 他们说很严重 | 
| [05:59] | So you went. | 所以你去了 | 
| [06:00] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [06:00] | And what happened after you got there? | 到那里之后发生了什么 | 
| [06:03] | They took me into a room | 他们带我进了一间办公室 | 
| [06:05] | and informed me that their client | 告诉我他们当事人的 | 
| [06:07] | had a human head in his medical bag. | 医疗包里有个人头 | 
| [06:09] | How did you respond? | 你是什么反应 | 
| [06:10] | I thought they were joking. | 我以为他们在恶作剧 | 
| [06:12] | Then they pointed to the bag. | 然后他们指给我看那个包 | 
| [06:16] | Is this the bag? | 是这个包吗 | 
| [06:17] | Yes. | 没错 | 
| [06:18] | Mark and identify, your honor. | 请求标记并记录 法官阁下 | 
| [06:20] | Marked, exhibit one. | 记录在案 证据一 | 
| [06:22] | And what happened next, Ms. Gamble? | 然后呢 Gamble女士 | 
| [06:24] | They asked me to look in the bag. | 他们叫我看那个包里面 | 
| [06:26] | And did you? | 你看了吗 | 
| [06:26] | Yes. | 看了 | 
| [06:27] | And what did you see? | 你看见什么 | 
| [06:29] | A human head. | 一颗人头 | 
| [06:34] | Now, ms. Gamble, if I could… | 现在 Gamble女士 允许我… | 
| [06:40] | You gotta be kidding me. | 你开什么玩笑 | 
| [06:41] | Objection! | 反对 | 
| [06:43] | Counsel… | 律师 | 
| [06:44] | is what’s in that cooler what I think it is? | 冰柜里的东西 是我想的那个吗 | 
| [06:47] | – Chain of custody, your honor. -I object to that! | -证明证据的连贯性 法官阁下 -我反对 | 
| [06:50] | In chambers, counsel. | 去我的办公室 律师 | 
| [06:51] | Members of the jury,10 minutes. | 陪审团 休庭10分钟 | 
| [06:54] | Let’s go. | 走吧 | 
| [07:07] | Just bringing that thing in | 单是把那东西带到庭上 | 
| [07:08] | is grounds for a mistrial. | 就足以导致无效审判了 | 
| [07:09] | You want a mistrial | 你希望刚举示第一个证据 | 
| [07:10] | on the first witness, Ellenor? | 就宣布无效审判吗 Ellenor | 
| [07:11] | That’s a stunt to inflame the jury. | 这是为激怒陪审团耍的花招 | 
| [07:12] | Would it be all right if I talk? | 都听我几句说行吗 | 
| [07:16] | It better be good. | 你最好解释清楚 | 
| [07:17] | Your honor | 法官阁下 | 
| [07:18] | the fact that this is so grotesque, | 这个案件本身的怪异程度 | 
| [07:21] | it’s relevant. | 与案件是有关联的 | 
| [07:22] | How? | 怎么有关 | 
| [07:22] | He had it in his bag. | 他把人头放在自己的包里 | 
| [07:25] | Anybody who could carry something like that around, | 任何人带着这样的东西到处逛 | 
| [07:27] | it’s evidence of the kind of psychotic mind | 都可以证明他的精神状态 | 
| [07:30] | that goes with the very crime | 这种精神状态跟本案罪行相对应 | 
| [07:31] | First of all, he didn’t know it was in his bag. | 第一 他不知道人头在他包里 | 
| [07:33] | Even under your theory he didn’t do it, | 就算如你所说 他没杀人 | 
| [07:35] | he knowingly had it in his bag | 他在知道人头在他包里之后 | 
| [07:38] | for more than 3 hours before he called… | 至少又过了三个小时 他才报警… | 
| [07:40] | because he panicked. | 因为他吓坏了 | 
| [07:42] | You make your arguments, I’ll make mine. | 我坚持我的说法 你可以在庭上反驳 | 
| [07:44] | Your honor, | 法官阁下 | 
| [07:45] | they’ll be saying he behaved like an innocent man. | 他们会说他是无辜的 | 
| [07:48] | As soon as he saw it, he called the police. | 当他发现的时候 他立即就报警了 | 
| [07:50] | Well, that’s not what he did. | 但他其实没有这么做 | 
| [07:52] | He carried it back to his car, | 他把它带到车上 | 
| [07:54] | drove to his lawyer’s office, | 开到律师办公室 | 
| [07:56] | carried it up the elevator | 拿着它乘电梯 | 
| [07:58] | You can introduce all that | 你不必把人头带过来 | 
| [07:59] | without bringing the head into court. | 也可以在庭上把这些都说清楚 | 
| [08:01] | He wants to horrify the jury, | 他想要吓唬陪审团 | 
| [08:02] | your honor. That’s… | 法官阁下 这招太… | 
| [08:03] | And I maintain that’s relevant. | 我坚持认为这是与案件有关联的 | 
| [08:05] | A reasonable person would be horrified. | 正常人应该会被吓到 | 
| [08:07] | A reasonable person would repulse | 正常人会觉得反感 | 
| [08:09] | and not even approach the bag again, | 甚至都不敢靠近那个包 | 
| [08:12] | much less pack it up, go to the car | 更不要说把它装好 带上车 | 
| [08:14] | Counsel | 律师 | 
| [08:14] | It’s legitimate for the jury | 有理由让陪审团 | 
| [08:16] | to experience some of the horror | 体验一下那种恐怖的感觉 | 
| [08:18] | so they can assess what’s a reasonable reaction | 这样他们才能判定在那种情况下 | 
| [08:20] | under the circumstances. | 什么样的反应才是合理的 | 
| [08:22] | The head is inadmissible. | 人头不准呈堂 | 
| [08:24] | I want him sanctioned in open court, your honor. | 我希望你在庭上训诫他 法官阁下 | 
| [08:26] | The cooler alone… | 光是拿冰柜… | 
| [08:27] | Why don’t you just be satisfied with my ruling | 你为什么就不能乖乖 | 
| [08:30] | and leave it there? | 听从我的裁定呢 | 
| [08:37] | That’s just ice settling. | 冰块化了而已 | 
| [08:45] | He then gave me the address of the motel | 然后他给了我 他和被害人 | 
| [08:47] | that he and the victim had gone to. | 去的汽车旅馆地址 | 
| [08:48] | And did you go there? | 你去了? | 
| [08:50] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [08:50] | Along with detective McKrew and attorney Frutt. | 和McKrew警长 Frutt律师一起 | 
| [08:53] | We went there and discovered the body. | 我们到了那里 发现了尸体 | 
| [08:55] | Mr. Vogelman cooperated | Vogelman先生整个过程中 | 
| [08:57] | at all times, did he not? | 一直很配合 是不是 | 
| [08:59] | Yes, he did. | 没错 | 
| [09:00] | In fact, the only reason you or the police | 事实上 正是因为 | 
| [09:02] | know a crime had even been committed | Vogelman先生主动跟警方联系 | 
| [09:03] | is because Mr. Vogelman came forward. | 你和警方才知道发生了凶杀案 | 
| [09:05] | That’s true. | 是这样 | 
| [09:09] | And blood scrapings from the floor boards of his car. | 他车厢地板上的血迹 | 
| [09:12] | Exact genetic match with the victim. | 基因测试结果与受害人完全吻合 | 
| [09:14] | They seemed friendly at the bar, | 他们在酒吧里聊得很融洽 | 
| [09:16] | but there was nothing sexual going on. | 但没觉得他们之间有暧昧 | 
| [09:18] | Did they leave your bar together, sir? | 他们是一起离开你的酒吧的吗 先生 | 
| [09:20] | No. He left, | 不是 他先走 | 
| [09:21] | and then she left about 10 or 15minutes later. | 过了10到15分钟之后 女的才走 | 
| [09:25] | My daughter was not a promiscuous woman. | 我女儿不是个随便的人 | 
| [09:29] | Well, even if she would go to a bar, | 就算她去了酒吧 | 
| [09:32] | which I guess she did, | 我估计她的确去了 | 
| [09:33] | I couldn’t ever see her going back to a motel | 我也无法想象她会和一个 | 
| [09:35] | with some guy she just met. Plus | 酒吧认识的陌生人去开房 而且… | 
| [09:40] | Plus what? | 而且什么 | 
| [09:42] | Sorry, but… | 无意冒犯 但是… | 
| [09:43] | he’s kind of old and not very good-looking. | 他老了点 长得也不怎么样 | 
| [09:49] | The only samples in the room | 房间里采集到的样本 | 
| [09:50] | belonged to the victim or the defendant. | 全部来自被害人和被告 | 
| [09:52] | So if somebody else did go in there | 所以如果真有其他人进去过 | 
| [09:54] | It had to be immaculate. | 那这个人一定是会轻功 | 
| [09:55] | It’s happened, | 以前也有过吧 | 
| [09:57] | murderers leaving behind no physical evidence whatsoever? | 凶手离开后没留下任何物证 | 
| [10:00] | It has happened? | 有过这样的案例? | 
| [10:01] | Yes, but the odds are… | 没错 但可能性… | 
| [10:02] | It’s happened? Yes or no, detective. | 有没有这样的案例 有还是没有 警官 | 
| [10:06] | Yes. | 有 | 
| [10:11] | And, detective, | 还有 警官 | 
| [10:12] | you’re familiar with a serial killer known as the poet? | 你知不知道一个叫”诗人杀手”的连环杀手 | 
| [10:14] | We don’t believe that… | 我不认为… | 
| [10:15] | The question is, | 我问的是 | 
| [10:16] | are you familiar with a serial killer known as the poet? | 你知不知道一个叫”诗人杀手”的连环杀手 | 
| [10:21] | Yes. | 知道 | 
| [10:22] | Again, yes or no | 接下来 还是回答”是”或”不是” | 
| [10:23] | this person decapitates his victims? | 这个杀手会把受害者砍头 | 
| [10:26] | Yes or no. | 是或不是 | 
| [10:27] | Yes. | 是 | 
| [10:30] | But you ruled him out. | 但你把他排除了 | 
| [10:32] | The poet severs the hands as well | “诗人杀手”会把手也砍下来 | 
| [10:35] | and leaves the head behind. | 而且会把头留在现场 | 
| [10:37] | He doesn’t take it with him. | 他不会带走 | 
| [10:42] | It’s gone as well as can be expected. | 跟我们预期的一样好 | 
| [10:43] | This is going well? | 这也叫好? | 
| [10:45] | Even I’m beginning to think I’m guilty. | 连我自己都开始觉得我有罪了 | 
| [10:47] | Look, everything they put in, | 他们在庭上举示的 | 
| [10:48] | we were ready for. | 我们都有所准备 | 
| [10:49] | It’s not like they put up some surprise witness | 并没有出现让我们措手不及的证人 | 
| [10:51] | that you’ve done some strange things to cats or something. | 作证说你猥亵猫或什么的 | 
| [10:54] | George, you know what I mean. | George 你明白我的意思 | 
| [10:57] | We’ve expected all of this testimony. | 所有的证词都在我们预料之中 | 
| [11:00] | It’s not that it’s not damaging, | 虽然的确对我们不利 | 
| [11:01] | but there haven’t been any surprises. | 但至少没有让我们措手不及 | 
| [11:04] | So what now? | 那现在怎么办 | 
| [11:07] | We might want to rest. | 我们或许可以结束举证 | 
| [11:08] | – Rest? – What? | -结束举证? -什么 | 
| [11:09] | Well, think about it. | 好好想想 | 
| [11:10] | All they’ve proven is 2 things: | 他们一共只证明了两件事 | 
| [11:11] | He was with her. He had her head. | 他曾跟她在一起 他带着她的头 | 
| [11:13] | Pretty good proof, ask me. | 要我说 这已经很充分了 | 
| [11:14] | No weapon. No eyewitness. | 没有凶器 没有目击证人 | 
| [11:15] | They’ve tied him to a corpse, | 他们只证明他跟尸体有关联 | 
| [11:16] | not a crime. – Still, Eugene | -没证明跟谋杀有关联 -即便如此 Eugene | 
| [11:17] | You can’t rest on that. | 你不能在这个时候结束举证 | 
| [11:18] | Look, I’m not sayin’ it’s the thing to do, | 我不是说非得这么做不可 | 
| [11:20] | but let’s face it | 但必须承认 | 
| [11:21] | what do we have? | 我们有什么 | 
| [11:22] | Nice guy? | 说他是个好人? | 
| [11:23] | Maybe we should just say to the jury, | 也许我们可以跟陪审团说 | 
| [11:25] | hey, we were ready to put on a defense, | 嘿 我们已经准备好了辩护的证据 | 
| [11:27] | but since they didn’t make their burden, | 但因为他们没有完成举证责任 | 
| [11:28] | – we don’t need to. – That is such a risk. | -我们就不用出示了 -那太冒险了 | 
| [11:30] | We already sprinkled on the idea of the poet. | 我们已经提出了”诗人杀手”的可能性 | 
| [11:32] | Internet. Maybe a stalker? | 网友 或者跟踪狂? | 
| [11:33] | You can’t rest. | 你不能结束举证 | 
| [11:34] | Pretty lame. | 太缺乏说服力 | 
| [11:35] | Eugene, he looks completely guilty. | Eugene 看起来完全就是他干的 | 
| [11:37] | You can’t just get up and say they didn’t make their burden. | 你不能站起来说他们没完成举证责任 | 
| [11:39] | That’s stupid. | 这样太愚蠢了 | 
| [11:40] | Maybe we could say he involuntarily | 或许我们可以说 | 
| [11:41] | cut her head off 5 times. | 他是无意识地砍了五次头 | 
| [11:42] | – Oh, that’s real funny. – Are you calling me stupid? | -哦 真好笑 -你说我蠢? | 
| [11:44] | – All right. – I didn’t call you stupid. | -好了 -我没说你蠢 | 
| [11:45] | I said it would be stupid to rest. | 我是说结束举证的做法很蠢 | 
| [11:46] | All right. Ellenor… | 够了 Ellenor | 
| [11:49] | what do you think? | 你怎么说 | 
| [11:51] | Well, I see Eugene’s point, | 我明白Eugene的意思 | 
| [11:52] | but I don’t think a jury is gonna let him go | 但我不认为陪审团会 | 
| [11:54] | on a burden of proof thing. | 仅仅因为举证责任放过他 | 
| [11:55] | I think our best defense is George. | 我觉得最好的辩护理由就是George本人 | 
| [11:57] | He’s honest, and he plays honest. | 他诚实 他要表现出诚实 | 
| [11:58] | If George didn’t do it, then who? | 如果不是George杀的 那是谁 | 
| [12:00] | It’s not our job to answer that question. | 这不是我们需要回答的问题 | 
| [12:02] | I realize this, | 我明白 | 
| [12:03] | but it’s the question I keep asking, | 但我一直在想这个问题 | 
| [12:05] | and the jury’s gonna be asking it | 陪审团在审议的时候 | 
| [12:06] | back in that room. | 一定也会想这个问题 | 
| [12:09] | Hold on. Hold on. | 等等 等等 | 
| [12:11] | If I understand your thinking on this, Ellenor, | 我明白你怎么想的 Ellenor | 
| [12:13] | the police basically stopped looking. | 警方停止了调查 | 
| [12:15] | That should be our defense. | 这就是我们的切入点 | 
| [12:16] | The only reason we don’t know | 我们不知道除了George之外 | 
| [12:17] | who else if not George is | 还可能是谁干的 | 
| [12:19] | because the police never asked that question. | 是因为警方从未想过这个问题 | 
| [12:21] | That’s what you have to key on. | 这就是你们辩护的关键 | 
| [12:22] | But the guy had her head in his bag. | 可是人头就在George的包里 | 
| [12:24] | We’re gonna put the police on trial | 莫非我们要把审判的对象变成警方 | 
| [12:25] | for not asking who else could have done it? | 追问他们为什么不去调查其他嫌疑人? | 
| [12:26] | – We’re not putting the police on trial. – You guys are playing games. | -我们不能这么做 -你们在玩火 | 
| [12:28] | At the end of the day, he had her head. | 归根结底 他毕竟带着她的头 | 
| [12:31] | That’s got nothing to do with any faulty investigation. | 这跟调查不充分完全没有关系 | 
| [12:35] | He had her head. | 人头在他手上 | 
| [12:37] | So tell us what to do, Einstein. | 那你告诉我们怎么做 爱因斯坦 | 
| [12:38] | You know something, Lindsay? | 你知道吗 Lindsay | 
| [12:39] | You’ve been bitchy a lot lately | 你最近有点犯贱 | 
| [12:40] | This isn’t helping anything. | 争吵解决不了问题 | 
| [12:42] | I agree with Jimmy. | 我同意Jimmy的话 | 
| [12:43] | I’m a bitch? | 我犯贱? | 
| [12:45] | On his defense theory. | 他的辩护策略 | 
| [12:46] | You have to defend George. | 你必须为George辩护 | 
| [12:47] | You can’t be attacking the police. | 而不是去攻击警方 | 
| [12:49] | We gotta do both. | 这两件事都要做 | 
| [12:50] | We gotta put George up, | 我们得让George出庭作证 | 
| [12:51] | let him be as convincing as he can be, | 让大家相信他的为人 | 
| [12:53] | and we gotta open the door to other possibilities. | 同时我们要指出凶手另有其人 | 
| [12:55] | Excuse me. Hello. | 等等 嘿 | 
| [12:57] | Boyfriend lives alone. | 男朋友一个人住 | 
| [12:58] | Brother, big house. | 弟弟住在大房子里 | 
| [13:00] | So? | 所以呢 | 
| [13:00] | So, the murder took place between 1:00 and 3 A.M. | 所以 案发时间在凌晨1点到3点 | 
| [13:02] | Why weren’t they considered? | 没人怀疑过他们吗 | 
| [13:04] | They were checked out. | 他们被排除了 | 
| [13:05] | They’re both choirboys. | 他们都是好孩子 | 
| [13:06] | Yeah, but still, | 话是这么说 但是 | 
| [13:06] | no official alibi if everyone’s asleep. | 要是大家都睡着了 就没有不在场证明 | 
| [13:09] | Why not plan B them? | 为什么不对他们用B计划 | 
| [13:12] | They’re going to testify anyway. | 反正他们都要上庭作证的 | 
| [13:14] | What’s plan B? | 什么是B计划 | 
| [13:15] | It might be worth a try. | 也许值得一试 | 
| [13:16] | Give them a soft plan B. | 给他们温和的B计划 | 
| [13:17] | What’s plan B? | B计划是什么 | 
| [13:19] | Talk about a risk | 有点冒险 | 
| [13:20] | Have you got any better ideas? | 你有更好的主意吗 | 
| [13:21] | All right. But first we have to be sure it won’t backfire. | 好吧 但一定要先确保不会弄巧成拙 | 
| [13:24] | Comb every report. | 仔细审查案卷 | 
| [13:25] | Make sure it’s really available. | 确保这个办法可行 | 
| [13:27] | They both gave statements. | 他们都做过笔录 | 
| [13:28] | Dissect them. | 逐字逐句地看几遍 | 
| [13:29] | You take the boyfriend. I got the brother. | 你负责男朋友那边 弟弟我来 | 
| [13:33] | What the hell is plan B? | B计划到底是什么东东 | 
| [13:36] | Basically it means we point the finger at other people. | 简单地说 就是我们把矛头指向其他人 | 
| [13:38] | It’s very dangerous, because normally, | 这很危险 因为通常 | 
| [13:40] | when the defense starts hatching theories of their own, | 当辩方对案件事实提出自己的说法 | 
| [13:42] | the jury can shift the burden back to us, | 陪审团可能会把举证责任换到我们这边 | 
| [13:45] | which we definitely do not want. | 这是我们最不想看到的 | 
| [13:46] | And when you say soft | 你说”温和”是指… | 
| [13:48] | Our soft plan B is we do it more gently. | 意思就是说没那么强硬 | 
| [13:51] | Instead of accusing, | 我们不去直接指控谁 | 
| [13:52] | it’s more like “What if-ing”. | 而是提出”假使…怎样” | 
| [13:54] | It’s less likely to alienate the jury… | 这样疏离陪审团的可能性要小些 | 
| [13:58] | but it’s a risky strategy. | 但这种策略仍然风险很高 | 
| [14:00] | Well, then why do it? | 那干嘛还这么做 | 
| [14:02] | Because we don’t have much else to go with. | 因为我们实在没什么其他的选择 | 
| [14:09] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [14:11] | The things that I’ve been reading about myself in the papers. | 我看了报纸上对我的报道 | 
| [14:14] | I’m not a big fan of accusing people falsely. | 我不喜欢诬赖别人 | 
| [14:21] | George, this is a murder trial here. | George 我们打的是谋杀案 | 
| [14:24] | You’re the defendant. | 而你是嫌疑犯 | 
| [14:32] | First, I want to thank you for testifying, Jay. | 首先 我要感谢你出庭作证 Jay | 
| [14:34] | And second, I want to convey my sympathy. | 其次 对你的遭遇我表示遗憾 | 
| [14:36] | You were Susan Robin’s boyfriend? | 你是Susan Robin的男友 是吗 | 
| [14:38] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [14:39] | And you loved her? | 你爱她吗 | 
| [14:40] | I did. | 是 | 
| [14:41] | Jay, we’ve heard a lot of testimony to the effect that | Jay 我们听了很多人的证词 | 
| [14:44] | it was uncharacteristic for Susan | 都说Susan不可能 | 
| [14:45] | to have gone to a bar alone and especially to a motel | 一个人去泡酒吧 | 
| [14:48] | with a man she had just met. | 更不会跟一个刚认识的人去旅馆开房 | 
| [14:50] | Would you agree with that testimony? | 你认同他们的说法吗 | 
| [14:51] | Yes. | 认同 | 
| [14:52] | I know this is a difficult question, | 接下来的问题可能会让你为难 | 
| [14:54] | and I thank you in advance for your honesty. | 我想先谢谢你的诚实 | 
| [14:57] | But you do know of a reason | 你的确知道她那天晚上 | 
| [14:58] | why she may have behaved uncharacteristically that night, | 行为不寻常的原因 | 
| [15:01] | don’t you? | 是吗 | 
| [15:03] | A possible reason. | 可能是那个原因吧 | 
| [15:05] | Could you share that with us? | 你能告诉我们吗 | 
| [15:08] | Susan had discovered me with another woman | Susan在她死的那一天 | 
| [15:11] | the day of her death. | 发现我跟另外一个女人在一起 | 
| [15:14] | So it could have been she went to a bar | 所以说有可能 她去酒吧 | 
| [15:17] | and then to a motel with another man | 又跟另一个男人去旅馆 | 
| [15:19] | out of hurt? | 是因为她很伤心 | 
| [15:20] | As a way of lashing back? | 想要报复你? | 
| [15:22] | I don’t think she would do that. | 我觉得她不会这么做 | 
| [15:23] | I really don’t. | 我真的觉得不会 | 
| [15:24] | But I can’t exclude the possibility? No. | 但我也不能排除这种可能性 | 
| [15:28] | Jay, do you have any information on Susan’s death? | Jay 对于Susan的死 你知道什么内情吗 | 
| [15:32] | No. | 不知道 | 
| [15:32] | You were home when this happened, asleep? | 案发时你在家是吗 在睡觉? | 
| [15:35] | Excuse me, your honor. | 对不起 法官阁下 | 
| [15:36] | Could I confer with counsel one second? | 我可以跟我的同事讨论一下吗 | 
| [15:38] | Make it fast. | 快点 | 
| [15:44] | Jimmy interviewed one of the cops. | Jimmy问了其中一个警察 | 
| [15:46] | This guy supposedly was on the phone with the other woman | 据说他当时在跟另外那个女人聊电话 | 
| [15:48] | till 2:00in the morning. | 一直聊到凌晨两点 | 
| [15:50] | Why wasn’t that in the report? | 报告上怎么没写 | 
| [15:51] | I don’t know, but you can’t plan B him. | 不知道 但你不能对他用B计划 | 
| [15:53] | We’ll get clipped. | 会把我们自己钉死 | 
| [15:56] | What about the brother? | 那弟弟呢 | 
| [15:57] | Still a shot there. | 还可以试试 | 
| [16:00] | I hope. | 但愿 | 
| [16:06] | Ok, Jay. That’s all I have. | 好了 Jay 我问完了 | 
| [16:09] | What happened? | 怎么回事 | 
| [16:09] | He had an alibi. | 他有不在场证明 | 
| [16:10] | Look, it still went ok. | 但我们还算比较顺利 | 
| [16:12] | Any idea that you maybe abducted her, | 对于可能是你绑架她的说法 | 
| [16:14] | we put a dent in that. | 我们提出了有力的质疑 | 
| [16:15] | These are very small victories, it seems. | 看起来只是个微不足道的胜利 | 
| [16:18] | Anything new on the brother, at all? | 弟弟那有任何新的发现吗 | 
| [16:21] | No. | 没有 | 
| [16:23] | I’d go hard. | 我觉得应该强硬 | 
| [16:24] | What, and look like a monster | 怎么 不怕陪审团厌恶我们吗 | 
| [16:26] | I will soften it on close. | 我会在结案陈词的时候再软化一点 | 
| [16:28] | Go for him. | 你要强硬 | 
| [16:30] | Something about somebody on a chat line. | 网上聊天什么的 | 
| [16:32] | That’s all she said. | 她只说了这么多 | 
| [16:34] | Somebody she was having a relationship with on the internet? | 她在和某人网恋? | 
| [16:37] | She didn’t really give details. | 她没细说 | 
| [16:38] | My sister and I weren’t too close lately. | 我姐姐跟我最近不怎么来往 | 
| [16:41] | Why was that? | 为什么 | 
| [16:43] | Well, since my father had become ill, | 自从我父亲病了 | 
| [16:45] | there was a lot of tension. | 关系就变得很紧张 | 
| [16:47] | I had a business that failed and had moved back home. | 我因为生意失败搬回家住 | 
| [16:49] | She didn’t think that was helping my dad’s stress level. | 她觉得这样加重了父亲的负担 | 
| [16:52] | It was just family stuff. | 家庭琐事而已 | 
| [16:54] | The point is, we didn’t share a lot of intimate secrets. | 我的意思是 我们不太分享隐私 | 
| [16:57] | do you think this stuff | Steve 你所说的琐事 | 
| [16:59] | your dad’s illness, your business problems | 父亲生病 你生意上的麻烦 | 
| [17:02] | could they have added to your sister’s stress level? | 有没有可能增加了你姐姐的心理负担 | 
| [17:04] | I’m sure they did. | 当然了 | 
| [17:05] | Maybe caused her to go to a bar | 也许导致她去酒吧 | 
| [17:06] | just to have a drink, talk to somebody? | 喝上几杯 跟人搭讪? | 
| [17:08] | That I don’t know. | 这我就不清楚了 | 
| [17:10] | You didn’t know she’d gone to a bar? | 你不知道她去了酒吧? | 
| [17:12] | Me? No. | 我? 不知道 | 
| [17:13] | Or to a motel with Mr. Vogelman? | 也不知道她跟Vogelman去了旅馆? | 
| [17:15] | No. How would I have known that? | 是的 我怎么可能知道 | 
| [17:17] | Well, you’d know if you’d followed her. | 你跟踪她的话不就知道了 | 
| [17:20] | What? | 什么 | 
| [17:20] | Did you follow your sister that night? | 那晚你有没有跟踪你姐姐 | 
| [17:22] | – Excuse me? – Objection. | -你说什么 -反对 | 
| [17:23] | Permission to treat this witness as hostile, your honor. | 请准许将证人视为敌意证人 法官阁下 | 
| [17:25] | Your honor | 法官阁下 | 
| [17:25] | This witness is the brother of the victim. | 证人是受害者的弟弟 | 
| [17:27] | Permission to treat him as hostile. | 请求将他视为敌意证人 | 
| [17:32] | Go ahead. | 准许 | 
| [17:35] | This business failure yours | 你的生意失败之后 | 
| [17:36] | did you incur any debt | 你有没有负债 | 
| [17:37] | – What’s going on? -Is there offer of proof. | -这是怎么回事 -有没有证据… | 
| [17:39] | Sit down down, Mr. Tisbury. | 坐下 Tisbury先生 | 
| [17:41] | How much money did you lose, Steve? | 你亏了多少钱 Steve | 
| [17:44] | About $300,000. | 大概30万 | 
| [17:46] | You owed this amount to people? | 你欠了这么多债? | 
| [17:47] | I had investors, yes. | 我是找的别人投资 没错 | 
| [17:49] | Your father, he has liver cancer, isn’t that right? | 你父亲患了肝癌 是不是 | 
| [17:51] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [17:52] | He was diagnosed with about 8 months to live? | 医生诊断他只剩下8个月? | 
| [17:54] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [17:54] | According to his will, if you know, | 据你所知 依照他的遗嘱 | 
| [17:56] | who inherits his estate? | 谁会继承遗产 | 
| [17:58] | I guess me. | 应该是我 | 
| [18:00] | You guess you. | 应该是你? | 
| [18:01] | You’re the sole beneficiary. | 你是唯一的继承人? | 
| [18:03] | Yes. | 没错 | 
| [18:04] | But if your sister were still alive, | 不过要是你姐姐还活着的话 | 
| [18:06] | there’d be 2 beneficiaries, wouldn’t there? | 就有两个继承人了 不是吗 | 
| [18:07] | What are you saying? | 你什么意思 | 
| [18:09] | I’m saying that it works out well for you | 我的意思是 你姐姐死在你父亲前面 | 
| [18:10] | having your sister die before your dad. | 对你来说佷有利 | 
| [18:12] | – What?! – Objection! | -什么 -反对 | 
| [18:12] | If she’d outlived him, | 要是她没有死 | 
| [18:13] | the estate goes sideways, maybe splits. | 她可以分一部分遗产 或许跟你平分 | 
| [18:16] | Objection! | 反对 | 
| [18:16] | All right. Mr. Young? | 好了 Young先生? | 
| [18:19] | This witness has testified as to | 证人作证说和他姐姐 | 
| [18:21] | his estrangement with his sister. | 关系疏离 | 
| [18:22] | He has testified to his debt. | 也承认他有负债 | 
| [18:24] | He is also the only one to serve up | 而且只有他说他姐姐沉迷网络 | 
| [18:25] | the internet red herring, | 试图转移视线 | 
| [18:27] | perhaps to use as a safety net | 也许他企图利用这一点 | 
| [18:28] | in case suspicion ever fell to him. | 来洗脱自己的嫌疑 | 
| [18:30] | Move to strike all of that. | 请求全部不予记录 | 
| [18:31] | I am entitled to question this witness. | 我有权盘问证人 | 
| [18:36] | Go ahead. | 继续 | 
| [18:43] | Anybody with you | 你姐姐被杀那晚 | 
| [18:43] | the night of your sister’s murder, Steve? | 有人和你在一起吗 Steve | 
| [18:45] | I was home. | 我在家 | 
| [18:47] | My father was home. | 我父亲也在 | 
| [18:49] | Were you home before you father went to bed? | 你到家时 你父亲已经睡下了吗 | 
| [18:51] | No. | 是的 | 
| [18:53] | When did you get home? | 你几点到家的 | 
| [18:54] | Probably around midnight. | 大概午夜前后 | 
| [18:56] | Did he see you come in? | 他知道你回来吗 | 
| [18:57] | He goes to bed at 10:00. | 他10点就睡了 | 
| [18:59] | Ever take any medication for depression, Steve? | Steve 你有没有在服用抗抑郁的药 | 
| [19:01] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [19:02] | Overruled. | 反对无效 | 
| [19:03] | You ever take any medication for a mental condition, Steve? | Steve 你有没有服用任何精神方面的药物 | 
| [19:07] | I take lithium. | 碳酸锂片 | 
| [19:08] | For depression. | 治疗抑郁? | 
| [19:09] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [19:10] | Did you murder your sister | 你是否谋杀了你姐姐 | 
| [19:11] | and frame George Vogelman? | 然后嫁祸给George Vogelman | 
| [19:12] | – What?! – Objection! | -什么 -反对 | 
| [19:13] | Did you follow her to the bar, | 你是否跟踪她去酒吧 | 
| [19:14] | then go to the motel? | 然后又去了旅馆 | 
| [19:14] | – Are you crazy? – Objection! | -你疯了吗 -反对 | 
| [19:15] | Overruled. | 反对无效 | 
| [19:16] | It was a perfect opportunity, wasn’t it? | 正是完美的时机 不是吗 | 
| [19:18] | You could get George Vogelman’s address | 你可以通过George Vogelman的车牌号 | 
| [19:19] | by running down his plates. | 查找到他的住址 | 
| [19:20] | After he leaves the motel, | 等他离开旅馆 | 
| [19:22] | you go inside and make yourself the sole beneficiary | 你就进去把你姐姐杀了 | 
| [19:24] | and then go to plant the head in George’s car. | 然后你准备把人头放到George的车里 | 
| [19:27] | You see the bag and think, | 当你看到那个包 就想 | 
| [19:28] | “Ah, even better.” | “哈 放在包里更好” | 
| [19:29] | Wipe out a debt and sibling rivalry | 债务危机和遗产之争 | 
| [19:32] | all in a night’s work. | 一夜之间全部搞定 | 
| [19:33] | That’s sick! | 太荒唐了 | 
| [19:34] | Did the police ever question you | 警方有没有怀疑过 | 
| [19:35] | in connection with your sister’s death? | 你和你姐姐的死有关 | 
| [19:37] | Of course they didn’t. | 当然没有 | 
| [19:38] | They never even brought you down for questioning? | 他们从没找你去警局接受调查? | 
| [19:39] | No, they did not. | 是的 没有 | 
| [19:40] | Maybe you pulled off the perfect crime, Steve. | 也许你真是干了一桩完美的谋杀案 Steve | 
| [19:42] | Objection! | 反对 | 
| [19:43] | – Sustained! – Maybe you’re that good. | -反对有效 -也许你真那么聪明 | 
| [19:44] | Objection! | 反对 | 
| [19:45] | – Mr. Young! – Withdrawn. | -Young先生 -我收回 | 
| [19:50] | It’s a shame they never checked you out. | 他们没调查你真是失职 | 
| [20:11] | Well, the jury either really hates us… | 陪审团要么非常讨厌我们 | 
| [20:12] | Or we created some doubt. | 要么我们创造了一些合理怀疑 | 
| [20:14] | I think you did great. | 我觉得你做得很好 | 
| [20:17] | Ellenor, the kid lost his sister. | Ellenor 这个孩子的姐姐死了 | 
| [20:19] | I just accused him of killing her. | 我刚指控是他杀的 | 
| [20:20] | Meanwhile, his dad is dying. | 而且 他父亲也快要死了 | 
| [20:22] | Do not try to make me feel good. | 不要试图安慰我 | 
| [20:34] | Is it possible he could have done it? | 有没有可能就是他干的 | 
| [20:35] | That’s not important. | 这不重要 | 
| [20:37] | What is, is you’re up next. | 重要的是 接下来是你作证 | 
| [20:40] | Ok. | 明白 | 
| [20:43] | George, you’ve got to just speak the truth, | George 你必须发自内心地 | 
| [20:47] | from your heart. | 说实话 | 
| [20:48] | If the jury can see you for who you really are, | 如果陪审团能了解真正的你 | 
| [20:51] | they will have to question | 对于你是否有可能杀人 | 
| [20:52] | whether you could have one this. | 他们就会心存疑问 | 
| [20:53] | And remember… | 另外记住 | 
| [20:55] | remember, remember, | 一定 记住 | 
| [20:57] | you cannot say anything that goes to your character. | 绝对不能扯到你的品性上去 | 
| [21:00] | We cannot open that door. | 绝对不能开这个头 | 
| [21:01] | We cannot give them any chance | 绝对不能让他们 | 
| [21:04] | to introduce those porno videos. | 有举示那些色情电影的机会 | 
| [21:06] | Ok. | 知道了 | 
| [21:08] | And don’t be afraid to look at the jury. | 不要害怕跟陪审团对视 | 
| [21:10] | You’ve got nothing to hide. | 你没什么要遮掩的 | 
| [21:12] | Right. | 明白 | 
| [21:15] | Ok. | 很好 | 
| [21:20] | See you after lunch. | 午饭后见 | 
| [21:39] | It’s in his hands now. | 现在全指望他了 | 
| [21:41] | He’ll be fine. | 他能行的 | 
| [21:48] | You asked us to trust you. | 你让我们要相信你 | 
| [21:50] | My boy got up because you convinced him | 是你劝他要说出真相 | 
| [21:53] | to honor the truth. | 我儿子才会出庭 | 
| [21:55] | Mr. Robin, | Robin先生 | 
| [21:56] | I got an innocent man about to go down for a crime | 我的当事人将要为他没有做过的事 | 
| [21:59] | he didn’t commit. | 受到惩罚 | 
| [22:07] | Eugene Eugene? | |
| [22:12] | You just stole my son’s innocence. | 你毁了我儿子的清白 | 
| [22:16] | You’re garbage. | 你个混蛋 | 
| [22:30] | Last one. | 最后一针 | 
| [22:32] | I can freeze it some more. | 我可以再打点麻药 | 
| [22:34] | It’s ok. | 不用 | 
| [22:37] | Excuse me. | 闲人免进 | 
| [22:38] | I’m Lucy Hatcher. | 我是Lucy Hatcher | 
| [22:39] | I have new clothes for him. | 我给他带了新衣服过来 | 
| [22:41] | He’s due back in court. | 他得回去开庭 | 
| [22:42] | Well, can you wait outside? | 你可不可以在外面等一会 | 
| [22:44] | Sure. | 好的 | 
| [22:45] | Wow. | 哇 | 
| [22:46] | He just bashed your head in | 就因为你说他儿子杀了人 | 
| [22:48] | for calling his son the killer? | 他把你头给爆了? | 
| [22:50] | Something like that. | 差不多 | 
| [22:51] | Make sure you tell him to rub vitamin e on. | 记得提醒他擦维生素E | 
| [22:53] | It’ll help with the scar. | 能帮助去疤 | 
| [22:55] | Thank you. | 多谢提醒 | 
| [22:55] | You know, you really could wait outside. | 真的 你可以在外面等 | 
| [22:58] | Sure. | 好的 | 
| [23:00] | Ellenor says it’s a half hour till George. | Ellenor说一小时后 George作证 | 
| [23:07] | And when I opened my bag, there it was. | 当我打开我的包 就看到了 | 
| [23:11] | Her head? | 她的头? | 
| [23:12] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [23:12] | And what did you do next? | 然后呢 | 
| [23:14] | First I went into a little shock. | 我先是吓到了 | 
| [23:18] | I came to you, my lawyer.. | 接着我就来找你了 你是我的律师 | 
| [23:21] | and together we went to the police. | 然后我们一起去了警察局 | 
| [23:23] | Do you know of anybody who would | 你知不知道有什么人 | 
| [23:24] | want to incriminate you like this? | 会以这种方式陷害你 | 
| [23:27] | No. | 不知道 | 
| [23:28] | George George… | |
| [23:29] | you have to know how this looks. | 你要知道事情看起来对你很不利 | 
| [23:32] | Can’t you tell us anything? | 你有什么要辩解的吗 | 
| [23:34] | All I can tell you is, | 我只想说 | 
| [23:36] | I didn’t kill this woman. | 我没有杀过这个女人 | 
| [23:39] | We made love. | 我们上了床 | 
| [23:40] | I left. | 然后我就走了 | 
| [23:42] | And she was alive. | 她当时还活着 | 
| [23:47] | Why didn’t you go back to your place? | 为什么你不带她去你家 | 
| [23:49] | Why a motel? | 为什么去旅馆 | 
| [23:50] | My place wasn’t very impressive or neat. | 我家乱糟糟的不方便 | 
| [23:53] | You leave a bar after midnight with a woman you just met. | 你和一个刚认识的女人半夜从酒吧出来 | 
| [23:56] | You’re worried about neatness? | 你还会担心干不干净? | 
| [23:59] | Yes. | 没错 | 
| [23:59] | So you said, let’s go to a motel, | 于是你说 我们去旅馆吧 | 
| [24:02] | and she said yes. | 她就同意了 | 
| [24:04] | A 23-year-old beautiful woman, | 一个23岁的漂亮女人 | 
| [24:07] | she said, “Sure.” | 她竟然说”好” | 
| [24:08] | That’s what happened. | 事实就是这样 | 
| [24:10] | And after you made love, | 你们上床之后 | 
| [24:12] | why’d you leave? | 你为什么又走了 | 
| [24:13] | Why not spend the night? | 为什么不留下过夜 | 
| [24:15] | I had a very early morning at work. | 我一早还要上班 | 
| [24:17] | Anybody see you leave the motel? | 有人看见你离开旅馆吗 | 
| [24:19] | Not that I know of. | 据我所知没有 | 
| [24:21] | Anybody you know of who could testify | 有没有人能证明 | 
| [24:23] | that it’s against your character to kill a person? | 以你的人品是不会杀人的? | 
| [24:25] | – Objection. – Objection. | -反对 -反对 | 
| [24:26] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [24:26] | Mr. Vogelman, | Vogelman先生 | 
| [24:27] | basically, all you have to suggest your innocence | 基本上 用来证明你无罪的 | 
| [24:30] | is your word. | 只有你自己的陈述 | 
| [24:31] | Do you have any evidence or witnesses | 你有没有任何物证或人证 | 
| [24:33] | to corroborate your word is worth anything. | 来证明你所说的属实吗 | 
| [24:36] | Objection. Sidebar. | 反对 请求上前商议 | 
| [24:37] | Step Up | 上来 | 
| [24:42] | He’s trying to force us into character testimony | 他想要逼我们进行人格证明 | 
| [24:45] | so he can back door the videos on impeachment. | 这样他就好用录像带来反驳他 | 
| [24:47] | Any witness who takes the stand | 当任何一个证人站上证人席 | 
| [24:48] | puts his truthfulness in issue. | 他的诚实与否就成了审查的内容 | 
| [24:49] | I’m entitled to cross. | 我有权盘问他 | 
| [24:50] | Attack him on truthfulness if you want, | 如果你愿意 可以攻击他的诚实 | 
| [24:52] | but don’t be asking what witnesses | 但你不能问他有没有 | 
| [24:55] | or evidence he has. | 证人或物证 | 
| [24:57] | Step back. | 下去 | 
| [25:04] | Mr. Vogelman, are you married? | Vogleman先生 你结婚了吗 | 
| [25:07] | No. | 没有 | 
| [25:07] | Girlfriend? | 有女朋友吗 | 
| [25:09] | No. | 没有 | 
| [25:10] | Have you ever had a girlfriend? | 你交过女朋友吗 | 
| [25:12] | No. | 没有 | 
| [25:13] | Ever been in any relationship? | 没有谈过恋爱? | 
| [25:15] | I’ve dated. | 我跟人约会过 | 
| [25:16] | You’ve dated? | 跟人约会过? | 
| [25:17] | How old are you, sir? | 你多大了 先生 | 
| [25:19] | 43. | 43岁 | 
| [25:21] | 43 years old, and you’ve never had a relationship. | 43岁了 你从没谈过恋爱 | 
| [25:24] | Asked and answered. | 重复提问 | 
| [25:25] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [25:26] | Do you meet women through the personals? | 你有没有通过交友广告认识女性 | 
| [25:28] | Sometimes I do. | 有时候 | 
| [25:29] | You sometimes go to bars, meet women there? | 有时候你会去酒吧认识女性? | 
| [25:31] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [25:32] | Ever meet a woman on the internet? | 有没有在网上认识女性 | 
| [25:37] | Ever meet a woman on the internet, Mr. Vogelman? | 有没有在网上认识女性 Vogleman先生 | 
| [25:41] | Yes. | 有 | 
| [25:42] | Are you the man Susan Robin met on the internet? | 你和Susan Robin是在网上认识的吗 | 
| [25:45] | No. | 不是 | 
| [25:45] | Did she go to that bar to meet you, | 她去酒吧是不是 | 
| [25:47] | the man on the internet? | 去见你这个网友的? | 
| [25:48] | No. I met her at the bar. | 不是 我跟她是在酒吧认识的 | 
| [25:51] | I never communicated with her on the internet. | 我从未跟她在网上聊过天 | 
| [25:54] | Just one last hypothetical, | 最后一个假设问题 | 
| [25:55] | Mr. Vogelman, and then I’ll be done. | 我就问完了 Vogleman先生 | 
| [25:59] | Say this woman meets a man on the internet. | 假设受害者在网上认识了一个男人 | 
| [26:02] | He maybe oversells himself just a little. | 他可能过度吹嘘了自己一点 | 
| [26:04] | She agrees to meet him. | 她同意和他见面 | 
| [26:06] | She’s disappointed. Rejects him. | 结果她很失望 拒绝了他 | 
| [26:09] | And this man, | 而这个男人 | 
| [26:11] | who’s been rejected so many times, | 这个被拒绝了无数次的男人 | 
| [26:13] | has finally had enough. | 终于忍无可忍 | 
| [26:14] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [26:15] | This is an argument, not a question. | 这是论证 不是提问 | 
| [26:16] | Enough is enough, right, George? | 忍无可忍无须再忍 是不是 George | 
| [26:18] | – Objection! – Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 | 
| [26:26] | Do you have any more questions, Mr. Tisbury? | 你还有其他问题吗 Tisbury先生 | 
| [26:30] | No, your honor, | 没有了 法官阁下 | 
| [26:31] | I don’t believe I do. | 我问完了 | 
| [26:36] | Counsel? | 辩方律师? | 
| [26:39] | Ms. Frutt? | Frutt女士? | 
| [26:42] | Nothing, you honor. | 没有 法官阁下 | 
| [26:44] | The witness may step down. | 证人可以退下了 | 
| [26:49] | Any ideas? | 有什么想法 | 
| [26:50] | I hate to rest on that | 我们不能这样结束举证 | 
| [26:51] | Shall we redirect? | 我们要继续盘问吗 | 
| [26:52] | I don’t think so. It could get worse. | 我觉得不行 只会让情况更糟糕 | 
| [26:55] | Maybe we… | 也许我们… | 
| [26:58] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [26:59] | I have an idea. | 我有办法了 | 
| [27:02] | The defense recalls Helen Gamble. | 辩方再次传唤Helen Gamble | 
| [27:04] | She’s right back there. | 她就坐在下面 | 
| [27:07] | Ms. Gamble, step up, please. | Gamble女士 请上前来 | 
| [27:18] | What are you doing? | 你想干什么 | 
| [27:19] | Ms. Gamble, please take the stand. | Gamble女士 请就席 | 
| [27:25] | You testified the reason we called you that day | 你作证说 那天我们给你打电话 | 
| [27:28] | is because of your relationship with our office. | 是因为你和我们很熟 | 
| [27:30] | I assumed that was the reason | 我觉得你们是因为这个原因 | 
| [27:32] | you called me. | 给我打电话的 | 
| [27:32] | Well, does our office enjoy a certain trust with you? | 我们事务所跟你之间相互比较信任? | 
| [27:35] | I would think so. | 我想是吧 | 
| [27:36] | And a candor? | 而且坦诚? | 
| [27:37] | Yes. | 没错 | 
| [27:38] | And in the spirit of that candor, | 正是基于这种坦诚 | 
| [27:39] | did you and I have a conversation about this case last week? | 上个星期 你和我就这个案子有过一次交谈? | 
| [27:42] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [27:43] | Overruled. | 反对无效 | 
| [27:46] | Did we talk about this case? | 我们有没有谈过这个案子 | 
| [27:49] | Ms. Gamble, | Gamble女士 | 
| [27:51] | did you and I discuss this case? | 你跟我有没有讨论过这个案子 | 
| [27:57] | Briefly… | 简短地 | 
| [27:58] | and generally. | 大略地说过 | 
| [28:00] | And did you tell me that the police and the D.A.’S office both | 你有没有告诉我 警方和检方 | 
| [28:04] | just wanted to check “Solved” In the little box… | 都想要快速了结此案… | 
| [28:06] | Objection! | 反对 | 
| [28:07] | Overruled. | 反对无效 | 
| [28:08] | Let me speed things up. | 我直接问吧 | 
| [28:10] | Did you basically tell me | 你有没有说过 | 
| [28:12] | that given the publicity, | 由于公众的压力 | 
| [28:13] | a conviction is desperately needed here, | 必须有人被定罪 | 
| [28:15] | that if anybody else were charged with this crime, | 如果指控的是其他人 | 
| [28:17] | your office would never get that conviction, | 你们检方不可能得到定罪判决 | 
| [28:19] | since George Vogelman, | 因为是George Vogleman | 
| [28:21] | having the head in his medical bag, | 在他的医疗包里带着死者的人头 | 
| [28:22] | would guarantee reasonable doubt | 对于其他任何嫌疑人 | 
| [28:24] | to whoever else was charged? | 这必然构成了合理怀疑 | 
| [28:25] | And because of that, | 正因如此 | 
| [28:27] | the police and the D.A.’S office, | 警方和检方 | 
| [28:29] | on at least an unconscious level, | 至少在潜意识里 | 
| [28:31] | might want to believe that George Vogelman | 都愿意相信George Vogleman | 
| [28:33] | is the killer and therefore | 就是杀手 | 
| [28:34] | not bother to look for anybody else? | 并且不愿去调查其它可能性 | 
| [28:37] | Did you share all that with me? | 你是不是这么跟我说的 | 
| [28:39] | First, I have no direct information on this case. | 第一 我并不直接了解这个案子的案情 | 
| [28:41] | – Second… – Please just respond… | -第二… -请正面回答… | 
| [28:43] | I am responding. | 我是在回答你 | 
| [28:44] | It was a long question, counsel. | 你的问题很长 律师 | 
| [28:46] | Your honor? | 法官阁下? | 
| [28:47] | She can answer. | 继续 | 
| [28:50] | I never suggested or even hinted that | 我从来没有明说 甚至也没有暗示 | 
| [28:53] | somebody else besides George Vogelman committed this crime. | George Vogleman不是真凶 | 
| [28:57] | I didn’t ask what you thought. | 我没有问你是怎么想的 | 
| [28:59] | And I never suggested that the D.A.’S office | 我也从来没有说过地检署 | 
| [29:01] | wasn’t convinced of your client’s guilt. | 并不确信你的当事人是有罪的 | 
| [29:04] | Did you say they might not want to look further, | 你有没有说过 他们可能不愿再去调查 | 
| [29:06] | that it’s easier to believe | 因为在舆论压力之下 | 
| [29:07] | that you’ve got the right guy | 相信你们已经抓到真凶 | 
| [29:09] | when there’s pressure to get a conviction? | 来得更容易? | 
| [29:10] | I said sometimes it’s been known to happen. | 我说过有时候会有这样的情况 | 
| [29:13] | I didn’t say it happened here. | 但我不是指这个案子 | 
| [29:15] | Yes, but you said it’s been know to happen | 没错 但你是在讨论这个案子时 | 
| [29:17] | in a conversation about this case, didn’t you? | 说有过这样的情况 是不是 | 
| [29:23] | Again, I have no reason to believe | 再说一次 我没有理由认为 | 
| [29:26] | that this particular investigation | 针对本案的调查 | 
| [29:29] | has been anything but proper and thorough. | 并非恰当而全面的 | 
| [29:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [29:35] | That was a good answer for the team. | 你可真会打官腔 | 
| [29:40] | Are you suggesting the investigation’s tainted? | 你是不是暗示这个调查有猫腻 | 
| [29:42] | Do you think there was collusion | 你认为警方 | 
| [29:44] | between the police and the D.A.’S office? | 和检方有相互勾结吗 | 
| [29:45] | I’ve got nothing to say right now. | 我现在无可奉告 | 
| [29:47] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [29:47] | Any suspects? | 有嫌疑人吗 | 
| [29:53] | Get out! | 出去 | 
| [29:54] | What the hell was that, Ellenor? | 你搞什么飞机 Ellenor | 
| [29:55] | Helen, I’m sorry. | Helen 对不起 | 
| [29:56] | You just cut my legs out! | 你这是拿刀子捅我 | 
| [29:58] | Sorry? | 对不起? | 
| [29:59] | I tell you something in confidence | 我好心私下告诉你 | 
| [30:01] | and you ambush me in open court? | 你却在法庭上出卖我? | 
| [30:03] | I had to make a choice. I had a duty to my client | 我别无选择 我必须对当事人尽责 | 
| [30:04] | No good! | 扯淡 | 
| [30:05] | You screwed me in this office for the last time! | 你以后休想再找我帮忙 | 
| [30:08] | – I was backed into a… – That’s crap! | -我在那种处境下… -去你的 | 
| [30:17] | She’s right. | 她说的没错 | 
| [30:19] | What was I gonna do, tell George, | 那我该怎么做 告诉George | 
| [30:20] | “Hey, I could’ve saved you, but…” | “嘿 我本来可以救你 但是…” | 
| [30:22] | George isn’t the only client in this firm. | George不是我们唯一的当事人 | 
| [30:24] | No. Pearson is. | 当然 Pearson才是 | 
| [30:25] | She’s right, Ellenor. | 她说得对 Ellenor | 
| [30:26] | We need our credibility with every case, | 我们需要良好的信誉 | 
| [30:28] | not just this one. | 案子不是只有这一个 | 
| [30:29] | It’s not something I planned to do. | 我不是有意这么做的 | 
| [30:30] | But you did it! | 但你还是做了 | 
| [30:35] | We have to rely on relationships with D.A’s a lot. | 我们还有很多事需要依靠地检署 | 
| [30:39] | Sometimes those off-the-cuff conversations | 有时候正是这些私下交流 | 
| [30:41] | make the difference. | 起到关键作用 | 
| [30:42] | Do you think any D.A. Down there | 你觉得现在还有哪个检察官 | 
| [30:43] | is gonna want to talk to us again? | 愿意跟我们讲话吗 | 
| [30:44] | So I should let George go down | 所以我就应该把George送进去 | 
| [30:45] | so we can preserve our invites to the Christmas parties? | 好保证我们仍然受邀去圣诞聚会? | 
| [30:48] | Yes! | 没错 | 
| [30:50] | Our dialogue with that office is more important | 我们跟他们保持联络 | 
| [30:53] | than any one case. | 比任何案子都重要 | 
| [30:54] | I gotta deal with them on sentencing next week. | 我下周跟他们谈量刑 | 
| [30:55] | I’m sure they’ll be in great moods to… | 我相信他们现在一定… | 
| [30:56] | Oh, get over your professor, Lindsay. | 哦 忘了你的教授吧 Lindsay | 
| [30:58] | What did you do, sleep with the guy? | 你跟他做过什么 上床? | 
| [31:07] | Ellenor Ellenor! | |
| [31:08] | I love it when girls fight. | 我最喜欢看女生打架了 | 
| [31:09] | It’s better than hockey. | 比曲棍球还精彩 | 
| [31:10] | Quiet, Lucy! | 闭嘴 Lucy | 
| [31:11] | Back up, Ellenor. | 退后 Ellenor | 
| [31:12] | Back up! | 退后 | 
| [31:14] | You too. | 你也是 | 
| [31:17] | I don’t care what the stakes are. | 我不管案件有什么风险 | 
| [31:19] | If the D.A. Has an off-the-record conversation | 任何检察官跟我们的 | 
| [31:20] | with any of us, | 私下交谈 | 
| [31:21] | it stays off the record. | 必须保持私密 | 
| [31:24] | Otherwise, it’s like Lindsay says. | 否则 正如Lindsay所说 | 
| [31:26] | We lose our credibility in every case. | 我们再无信用可言 | 
| [31:29] | Well, tell that to the drowning man, | 这话你跟当事人去说 | 
| [31:30] | that you’re more concerned about the boat. | 你更关心的是事务所 | 
| [31:32] | I am not talking to a drowning man, Ellenor. | 我不是在跟他讲话 Ellenor | 
| [31:35] | I am talking to you. | 我是在跟你说 | 
| [31:38] | Let’s everybody settle down a little. | 大家都冷静一点 | 
| [31:40] | There’s a lot of stakes for a lot of people. | 很多人都会面临很多危险 | 
| [31:42] | Tearing each other new armpits isn’t going to help anybody. | 互相攻击解决不了任何问题 | 
| [32:03] | Of course they had to arrest George Vogelman. | 他们当然只能逮捕George Vogelman | 
| [32:05] | The victim’s head was in his possession. | 被害人的人头在他的包里 | 
| [32:08] | I don’t blame the police for thinking he did it. | 我不责怪警方认为他是凶手 | 
| [32:10] | How could they not? | 他们怎么会不这么认为呢 | 
| [32:12] | How could you not? | 你们不会吗 | 
| [32:14] | But there’s a reason nobody saw him commit the crime. | 但是为什么没有人看见他犯案呢 | 
| [32:17] | There’s a reason there was no weapon connected to him. | 为什么找不到跟他相关的凶器呢 | 
| [32:21] | He didn’t do it. | 原因就是他不是凶手 | 
| [32:23] | Who did? | 凶手是谁 | 
| [32:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [32:25] | You heard my co-counsel | 你们都看到我的同事 | 
| [32:27] | grill Susan Robin’s brother | 把Susan Robin的弟弟 | 
| [32:28] | as a possible suspect. | 当做嫌疑犯询问 | 
| [32:31] | Well, let me admit a truth. | 跟你们说实话 | 
| [32:34] | We don’t have any direct evidence | 我们并没有直接证据 | 
| [32:35] | to conclude the brother did it. | 证明他就是凶手 | 
| [32:37] | If so, we certainly would have offered it. | 不然的话 我们肯定会提出来的 | 
| [32:39] | But he did have a motive. | 但他的确有动机 | 
| [32:41] | He was estranged from her. | 他俩关系疏远 | 
| [32:43] | His debt. The will. | 他的债务 遗嘱 | 
| [32:44] | His whereabouts at the time | 他在案发时的行踪 | 
| [32:45] | can’t really be accounted for. | 也无法确定 | 
| [32:48] | He could have done it. | 人可能就是他杀的 | 
| [32:51] | The reason we can’t know | 我们之所以不能确定 | 
| [32:52] | is because the police never really | 是因为警方 | 
| [32:55] | bothered to check that out. | 从来没有调查过他 | 
| [32:56] | Steve Robin said himself | Steve Robin自己承认 | 
| [32:58] | that they never even questioned him. | 他们问都没问过 | 
| [33:02] | Imagine. | 想象一下 | 
| [33:03] | He has motive, | 他有动机 | 
| [33:04] | opportunity, | 有作案时机 | 
| [33:06] | no alibi, | 无不在场证明 | 
| [33:07] | and they didn’t even investigate him as a possibility. | 而他们甚至没有把他作为嫌疑犯加以考虑 | 
| [33:11] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [33:12] | Because the head was found | 就因为人头是放在 | 
| [33:14] | in George Vogelman’s medical bag. | George Vogelman的医药包里 | 
| [33:16] | And Jay Hickman, | 还有Jay Hickman | 
| [33:17] | Susan’s boyfriend? | Susan的男朋友 | 
| [33:19] | I have no reason to believe that he killed her, | 我没法断言他就是凶手 | 
| [33:22] | but his whereabouts can’t be accounted for either. | 但他的行踪同样不能确定 | 
| [33:24] | Motive? | 动机? | 
| [33:25] | Well, she was with another man in a motel. | 她跟其他男人去旅馆开房 | 
| [33:30] | There are a lot of questions left unanswered here | 有这么多未解之谜摆在那儿 | 
| [33:33] | because the police never really looked. | 因为警方从未好好调查过 | 
| [33:38] | You heard district attorney Helen Gamble admit | 你们听到检察官Helen Gamble承认 | 
| [33:40] | it’s possible they didn’t want to find anybody else | 有可能他们急需得到判决 | 
| [33:42] | because they needed to get a conviction on this. | 所以他们根本不想调查其他嫌疑人 | 
| [33:45] | And the head being in George Vogelman’s bag, | 而由于人头是在George Vogelman的包里 | 
| [33:47] | he was the only one they could possibly convict. | 他是唯一有可能被定罪的人 | 
| [33:51] | Easier to stay with him and not complicate it. | 与其搞得更复杂 不如抓着他不放 | 
| [33:55] | Any evidence offered | 有证据显示 | 
| [33:56] | as to George Vogelman’s motive? | George Vogelman存在杀人动机吗 | 
| [33:59] | No. And why, | 没有 为什么呢 | 
| [34:01] | if he is supposedly trying to get away with a crime, | 要是他真的想要脱罪的话 | 
| [34:04] | does he put the victim’s head in a bag | 他还会把人头放在包里 | 
| [34:07] | and go to the police with it? | 带着去警局吗 | 
| [34:09] | Does that make sense? | 这说得通吗 | 
| [34:12] | And let’s not forget about the poet. | 别忘了还有个”诗人杀手” | 
| [34:14] | A known serial killer out there, | 著名的连环杀手 | 
| [34:16] | in the Boston area, | 徘徊在波士顿地区 | 
| [34:18] | that has an M.O. For decapitating victims. | 他的作案手法也是分尸 | 
| [34:21] | Has anybody accounted for him? | 有人调查过这个线索吗 | 
| [34:24] | There are a lot of questions that need answering. | 有那么多疑点需要排除 | 
| [34:27] | Questions that were never asked or explored | 可是从来没人质疑或探究过 | 
| [34:31] | because this just seemed so simple. | 就因为看起来很简单 | 
| [34:34] | The head was in his bag. | 头在他包里 | 
| [34:36] | He must have done it. | 人一定是他杀的 | 
| [34:38] | Well, he didn’t. | 但事实上 并非如此 | 
| [34:40] | I have no doubt the prosecution needs that conviction. | 我毫不怀疑检方希望尽快定罪 | 
| [34:43] | They surely do. | 他们当然这么想 | 
| [34:45] | But they are prosecuting the wrong man. | 但他们告错人了 | 
| [34:50] | No evidence, | 没有证据 | 
| [34:51] | not even microscopic, | 哪怕是最细微的证据 | 
| [34:53] | of anybody else being in that room | 显示有其他人进过那个房间 | 
| [34:56] | except George Vogelman. | 只有George Vogelman | 
| [34:58] | Defense counsel gave us quite a show, didn’t they? | 辩方律师很会表演 是不是 | 
| [35:01] | The brother did it. | 是她弟弟杀的 | 
| [35:02] | No, maybe it was the boyfriend. | 不对 可能是她男朋友杀的 | 
| [35:05] | How about that serial killer? | 说不定是连环杀手 | 
| [35:08] | Forensics ombed that room. | 鉴证人员对房间进行了仔细的清理 | 
| [35:10] | There were saliva samples. | 收集到了唾液样本 | 
| [35:12] | Fibers from clothing. | 衣物纤维 | 
| [35:14] | Semen. | 精液 | 
| [35:15] | Hair strands. | 毛发 | 
| [35:16] | Fingerprints. | 指纹 | 
| [35:18] | They didn’t go to a serial killer | 这些都不属于连环杀手 | 
| [35:20] | or Susan Robin’s brother | 不属于Susan Robin的弟弟 | 
| [35:22] | or her boyfriend. | 也不属于她的男朋友 | 
| [35:23] | They all belonged to George Vogelman. | 它们全都属于George Vogelman | 
| [35:27] | The man who says he went home alone. | 他说他一个人回家了 | 
| [35:30] | The man who sits there with no alibi. | 可是却没有不在场证明 | 
| [35:34] | Yes, | 没错 | 
| [35:35] | it was easy to conclude he did it. | 不难断定他就是凶手 | 
| [35:37] | And on top of all the insurmountable evidence at the scene, | 在所有不可推翻的现场证据之外 | 
| [35:41] | he had the victim’s head. | 他还有人头在手 | 
| [35:45] | My god, he decapitated a woman, | 老天 他砍掉了死者的头 | 
| [35:48] | and his lawyers have offered you nothing | 而他的律师却只是 | 
| [35:49] | but spin as a defense. | 编造一个嫌疑人 | 
| [35:52] | Did they put in one piece of | 他们有给出任何 | 
| [35:54] | physical or testimonial evidence, | 物证或者人证 | 
| [35:56] | anything at all exculpatory? | 来证明无罪吗 | 
| [35:59] | No. Just spin. | 没有 只有编造 | 
| [36:02] | He did it. No, he did it. | 他干的 不 他干的 | 
| [36:05] | Look there. Over here. | 看这里 看那里 | 
| [36:07] | Don’t forget that police conspiracy, | 不要忘了警方和检方的勾结 | 
| [36:09] | collusion with the D.A. | 同流合污 | 
| [36:12] | And they expect you to let him go? | 他们竟然指望你们判他无罪? | 
| [36:16] | They’re not insulting your intelligence, | 这不仅是在侮辱你们的智商 | 
| [36:19] | ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们 | 
| [36:20] | They’re assuming you just don’t have any. | 他们以为你们压根就没有智商 | 
| [36:48] | Got any predictions? | 你觉得会怎么判 | 
| [36:50] | Innocent, guilty, or hung. | 无罪 有罪 或者无法做出结论 | 
| [36:55] | – How long before… – There’s no telling. | -要多久 -不知道 | 
| [37:01] | Eugene Eugene. | |
| [37:03] | Could you excuse us a second? | 你能让我们单独谈会儿么 | 
| [37:09] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [37:21] | All the evidence is closed, right? | 举证都结束了 是吗 | 
| [37:27] | Yeah. | 是的 | 
| [37:29] | Then I’m going to tell you something. | 有件事我必须告诉你 | 
| [37:32] | We both know I’ve always had some motive | 你我都清楚 无论如何 | 
| [37:35] | to tell you I’m innocent. | 我必须说我是无辜的 | 
| [37:38] | It allowed you to let me testify. | 这样你才能让我出庭作证 | 
| [37:41] | It allowed you to… | 这样你才能… | 
| [37:43] | I don’t know, try harder. | 怎么说 更卖力 | 
| [37:46] | But now, the evidence being closed, | 但现在 所有举证都结束了 | 
| [37:50] | it doesn’t matter what I tell you. | 无论我说什么都没有关系了 | 
| [37:55] | I didn’t do it. | 我没有杀人 | 
| [37:59] | When you looked at me a few months ago, | 几个月前 你看着我说 | 
| [38:02] | you said you believed in me, | 你说你相信我 | 
| [38:04] | but you couldn’t fully trust yourself | 但是你不能完全相信 | 
| [38:06] | to believe in what you believe. | 自己的判断是正确的 | 
| [38:10] | You can trust yourself, Ellenor. | 你可以相信自己的判断 Ellenor | 
| [38:14] | You’ve been right all along. | 你的判断一直都是对的 | 
| [38:18] | I didn’t do it. | 我没有杀人 | 
| [38:40] | You know, in the future, | 温馨提示 要是今后 | 
| [38:41] | if you’re going to hurl a book at someone, | 你想用书砸人的话 | 
| [38:43] | it should be at somebody your own size. | 不要选个子比你大的 | 
| [38:45] | She was about to flatten you. | 她能把你拍扁了 | 
| [38:47] | I’ll try to remember that. | 我会记住的 | 
| [38:49] | And also, i’m a pretty good judge of character. | 还有 我看人很准的 | 
| [38:52] | Ellenor Ellenor… | |
| [38:52] | I think normally she’s peaceful. | 我相信大多时候她是和善的 | 
| [38:55] | But when riled, | 一旦被激怒了 | 
| [38:57] | she looks dangerous. | 可是很恐怖的 | 
| [38:59] | Well, maybe you should tell her that. | 嗯 你可以当面告诉她 | 
| [39:02] | You think I’m crazy? | 你以为我傻啊 | 
| [39:10] | I knew you were there. | 我早知道你在我后面 | 
| [39:23] | I’m sorry what I said about Pearson. | 我很抱歉我说的有关Pearson的话 | 
| [39:27] | I know. I’m sorry… | 我知道 我也很抱歉 | 
| [39:29] | about the book. | 不该用书砸你 | 
| [39:32] | Donnell, Young, Dole & Frutt. | DYDF律师事务所 | 
| [39:35] | And I’m sorry about my intent to flatten. | 我很抱歉我竟然想对你动手 | 
| [39:40] | I know saying sorry | 我知道对不起 | 
| [39:41] | isn’t gonna cut it for Helen. | 不足以表达我对Helen的歉意 | 
| [39:43] | I’ll work on her. | 我会跟她说的 | 
| [39:46] | You guys | 各位 | 
| [39:49] | verdict. | 判决出来了 | 
| [40:14] | Will the defendant please rise. | 被告请起立 | 
| [40:24] | Mr. Foreman, | 首席陪审员先生 | 
| [40:25] | the jury has reached a unanimous verdict? | 陪审团是否做出了一致的判决 | 
| [40:27] | We have. | 是的 | 
| [40:29] | What say you? | 请宣布判决 | 
| [40:34] | Commonwealth vs. George Vogelman, | 马萨诸塞州诉George Vogelman | 
| [40:36] | on the count of murder in the first degree, | 关于一级谋杀的指控 | 
| [40:39] | we find the defendant George Vogelman | 我们判决被告George Vogelman | 
| [40:42] | not guilty. | 无罪 | 
| [40:52] | I thought I’d never hear that. | 我以为我死定了 | 
| [40:59] | The defendant is free to go. | 被告当庭开释 | 
| [41:14] | Can you give us a statement? | 你能否说两句 | 
| [41:17] | What do you think changed the jury for you? | 你觉得是什么改变了陪审团的看法 | 
| [41:18] | What are your plans after this? | 今后你有什么打算 | 
| [41:34] | Is it really over? | 真的结束了么 | 
| [41:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 | 
| [41:40] | Thank you . | 谢谢你 | 
| [41:45] | Thank you . | 谢谢你 | 
| [41:51] | I don’t know, really, what to say. | 我不知道 真的 该说什么 | 
| [41:59] | For so long… | 这么久以来… |