| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | You know, Lindsay, about a month or so ago, | Lindsay 关于一个月前 | 
| [00:04] | we exchanged a kiss and we never even talked about it. | 那个吻 我们还没好好谈过呢 | 
| [00:07] | Should we talk about it? | 是不是应该谈谈 | 
| [00:08] | Not right now, no. | 我不想在这个时候谈 | 
| [00:10] | Did you murder your sister | 是你谋杀了你姐姐 | 
| [00:11] | and frame George Vogelman? | 然后嫁祸给George Vogelman的吗 | 
| [00:12] | -What? -Objection! | -什么 -反对 | 
| [00:13] | Did you follow her to the bar, | 你是不是跟踪她去了酒吧 | 
| [00:14] | then go to the motel? | 接着又去了旅馆 | 
| [00:15] | That’s sick! | 胡说八道 | 
| [00:16] | You asked us to trust you. | 你让我们信任你 | 
| [00:23] | You just stole my son’s innocence. | 你刚毁了我儿子的清白 | 
| [00:26] | I represent Steve Robin and his dad. | 我现在代理Steve Sobin和他父亲 | 
| [00:28] | Steve Robin? Steve Robin? | |
| [00:29] | Brother of victim in your Vogleman trial. | 你们的Vogleman案中受害人的弟弟 | 
| [00:31] | Eugene accused him been the killer. | Eugene指控他是杀人凶手 | 
| [00:33] | We’re suing you. | 我们正式起诉你们 | 
| [00:34] | My client’s wealthy. | 我的当事人很有钱 | 
| [00:36] | It’s not about money. | 他不是为了钱 | 
| [00:37] | He wants you guys out of business. | 他要让你们这帮人破产 | 
| [00:39] | I want to fight. | 我要跟他们打到底 | 
| [00:40] | So do I. | 我同意 | 
| [00:41] | Ok. | 好 | 
| [00:42] | Jimmy, your first chair. | Jimmy 你来做主办 | 
| [00:44] | What? | 什么 | 
| [00:45] | Look, no offense, Jimmy. | 无意冒犯 Jimmy | 
| [00:46] | But, should he be doing it? | 但是 为什么要让他做 | 
| [00:47] | I mean he is good. | 我知道他还不错 | 
| [00:48] | You are great! | 你很棒 | 
| [00:49] | But we need our | 但是我们需要的是 | 
| [00:50] | Best. | 最好的 | 
| [00:51] | Jimmy will first chair. I’ll second. | Jimmy做主办 我来协办 | 
| [01:00] | Lucy, who authorized a Christmas party? | Lucy 谁批准办圣诞派对的 | 
| [01:02] | Oh, that’d be me. | 哦 是我 | 
| [01:04] | That would be you? And are you paying for it? | 是你? 那么钱也是你付吗 | 
| [01:05] | Funny. | 别逗了 | 
| [01:06] | Lucy Lucy! | |
| [01:07] | Oh come on Ellenor. | 哦拜托 Ellenor | 
| [01:08] | You look like a party girl. | 你看起来像是经常去派对的人 | 
| [01:10] | Lindsay, Bobby and Eugene | 至于Linday Bobby和Eugene | 
| [01:11] | act like they’ve never been to one. | 他们像是从来没去过 | 
| [01:13] | What? | 什么 | 
| [01:14] | Did you know we were having an office Christmas party? | 大家知道咱们事务所要办圣诞派对的事吗 | 
| [01:16] | Oh come on. It’s not like we have to invite any clients. | 拜托 我们又不是要邀请客户 | 
| [01:18] | They’re all in jail. | 他们都呆在监狱里呢 | 
| [01:19] | Can I turn in my partnership for her job? | 我可以用我的合伙人身份换她的这份工作么 | 
| [01:21] | Looks like more fun being the boss. | 看起来做老板更有意思一些 | 
| [01:24] | Ok, we set? | 准备好了吗 | 
| [01:25] | Bags are packed. | 可以走人了 | 
| [01:26] | Have you packed yours? | 你也准备好走人了吗 | 
| [01:29] | Ok, Eugene, Ellenor, we went through this | Eugene Ellenor 我们已经讨论过了 | 
| [01:31] | I’ll say it one more time. | 但是我想再多说一遍 | 
| [01:32] | You don’t defend what you did to the brother, | 你不要为你对弟弟所做的一切而辩解 | 
| [01:35] | you just describe it as a necessary evil. | 你只要把它说成是”必须的恶行” | 
| [01:37] | Nobody’s righteous, nobody’s arrogant, | 不要自以为是 不要傲慢自大 | 
| [01:39] | nobody’s looking like | 也不要让人觉得 | 
| [01:40] | it’s this big inconvenience getting sued either. | 被起诉给我们带来了很大的麻烦 | 
| [01:42] | We know what we did to the kid, | 我们很清楚我们对他做了什么 | 
| [01:44] | our hearts go out. | 我们要表现出同情 | 
| [01:45] | We all clear? | 明白了吗 | 
| [01:46] | Yep. | 明白 | 
| [01:46] | Nobody says that word qualified immunity. | 任何人不允许使用”合理豁免”这个词 | 
| [01:48] | We’re not relying on legal jingles. | 我们不靠法律术语取胜 | 
| [01:51] | One last thing | 最后我想说的是 | 
| [01:53] | I know none of you are crazy about me being first chair. | 我知道你们对我做主办信心不大 | 
| [01:56] | But nobody ever, ever whispers | 但是任何人绝对 绝对不许交头接耳 | 
| [01:59] | or makes faces or does anything | 或者做鬼脸 或者其他任何令陪审团 | 
| [02:01] | to make the jury think you doubt me. | 觉得你们不信任我的事情 | 
| [02:03] | Like you all say, | 就像你们说的 | 
| [02:04] | my credibility has to count in the end. | 我的个人信誉会起到很大的作用 | 
| [02:07] | Don’t hurt it. Ok? | 不要拆我的台 好吗 | 
| [02:10] | Let’s go. | 走吧 | 
| [02:16] | That man is nervous, big time | 他是真的很紧张 关键时刻到了 | 
| [03:03] | What you got against parties? | 你为什么不喜欢派对呢 | 
| [03:04] | I don’t have anything against parties. It’s just… | 我没有不喜欢派对 只是… | 
| [03:06] | I’d like you to wear this. | 我希望你打这一条 | 
| [03:07] | Excuse me? | 什么 | 
| [03:08] | You look like a hit man. | 你看起来像个职业杀手 | 
| [03:09] | I am not wearing this! | 我不打这条 | 
| [03:10] | You ready? | 你们准备好了吗 | 
| [03:11] | No! He’s not telling me how to dress! | 没有 他没有资格教我怎么穿戴 | 
| [03:14] | Hey! | 嘿 | 
| [03:15] | Sky baby blue! | 这是浅蓝色 | 
| [03:15] | He looks mean in that tie. | 他打那一条看起来很卑鄙 | 
| [03:17] | I look what? | 看起来什么 | 
| [03:17] | Jimmy, I understand your thinking on this, | Jimmy 我知道你考虑得很细致 | 
| [03:19] | but he looks okay. | 但是他看起来还不错 | 
| [03:20] | Straight might be nice. | 把它弄平直可能更好 | 
| [03:24] | Crooked works for you. | 皱巴巴的领带更适合你 | 
| [03:28] | It was a mistake I even let him in. | 我根本就不该让他进我的家门 | 
| [03:31] | He was defending the man who killed my daughter. | 他为杀害我女儿的凶手辩护 | 
| [03:35] | I invited him into my own kitchen. | 我居然请他进了我自己的厨房 | 
| [03:37] | Why’d you do that? | 你为什么这么做 | 
| [03:38] | Coz he impressed me as being honest. | 因为他看起来像个诚实的人 | 
| [03:40] | So both me and my son talked to him. | 所以我和我儿子都跟他聊了聊 | 
| [03:43] | Steve told him how Susan sometimes would get on the internet | Steve告诉他 Susan有时候会上网 | 
| [03:46] | and he asked Steve if he’d say that in court. | 他便问Steve愿不愿意在法庭上作证 | 
| [03:48] | And he agreed? | 他同意了吗 | 
| [03:49] | He struck us a decent guy, trying to do his job. | 我们觉得他人还不错 很尽职 | 
| [03:53] | Steve figured he wouldn’t be going against the prosecution. | Steve觉得 自己不会给检方的指控制造障碍 | 
| [03:55] | And what happened | 当你儿子出庭作证的时候 | 
| [03:56] | when your son took the stand, Mr. Robin? | 发生了什么 Robin先生 | 
| [04:02] | He accused my son of killing his sister. | 他指控我儿子杀死了他的姐姐 | 
| [04:05] | He started screaming in court “you did it, you did it,” | 他在法庭上大叫 “是你杀的 是你杀的” | 
| [04:08] | accused him of cutting off his own sister’s head. | 他指控是我儿子砍下了他亲姐姐的头 | 
| [04:14] | Do you need a second? | 你需要休息一下吗 | 
| [04:16] | I’m ok. | 我还好 | 
| [04:17] | Actually, you’re not ok, | 事实上 你并不好 | 
| [04:20] | are you Mr. Robin? | 对吧 Robin先生 | 
| [04:22] | You’re dying. | 你快要死了 | 
| [04:23] | I have liver cancer. | 我得了肝癌 | 
| [04:25] | You tell Mr. Young that? | 你告诉Young先生了吗 | 
| [04:26] | Yes. In the kitchen, he was asking if | 是的 在厨房里 他问我 | 
| [04:30] | Susan could have been depressed about anything. | Susan最近是否在为什么事情而烦恼 | 
| [04:32] | I…I told him of my condition. | 我…我便将我的病情告诉了他 | 
| [04:35] | And how did Mr. Young make use of that? | Young先生是怎么利用这个信息的 | 
| [04:37] | He said that because I was dying, | 他说因为我快要死了 | 
| [04:39] | leaving my estate to Susan and Steve, | 我的财产将由Susan和Steve共同继承 | 
| [04:41] | Steve had a motive to kill Susan quick, | 所以Steve有杀人动机 | 
| [04:44] | before the cancer got me. | 他要在我死之前杀死Susan | 
| [04:46] | And how do you feel about that statement? | 你对此有什么想法 | 
| [04:48] | I don’t think I don’t have to tell you | 我想用不着我说 你也应该知道 | 
| [04:49] | how I feel about that statement. | 我对此是怎么想的吧 | 
| [04:51] | I guess you don’t. | 是的 我知道 | 
| [05:07] | First, please know how sorry I am about your daughter. | 首先 我想说我对你女儿的死深感遗憾 | 
| [05:11] | Also about your illness. | 对你的病情深感遗憾 | 
| [05:13] | When Mr. Young talked to you that day in the kitchen, | 那天 当Young先生在厨房跟你交谈的时候 | 
| [05:16] | he believed somebody other than | 他相信杀害Susan的不是George Vogelman | 
| [05:18] | George Vogelman killed Susan, right? | 而是另有其人 对吧 | 
| [05:20] | I don’t know what he thought. | 我不知道他是怎么想的 | 
| [05:21] | Well, one of the reasons you agreed to speak with him is | 你之所以愿意跟他交谈 原因之一在于 | 
| [05:25] | coz you could tell | 你看得出来 | 
| [05:26] | he really did believe in Mr. Vogelman’s innocence. | 他是真的确信Vogelman先生是无辜的 | 
| [05:29] | Would that be fair? | 是这样吗 | 
| [05:30] | It wouldn’t be fair to say my take on Mr. Young was accurate. | 可惜我看错Young先生了 | 
| [05:37] | I have nothing else. | 我没有问题了 | 
| [05:43] | What Mr. Young did to your son in court, | 对于Young先生在法庭上对你儿子所做的一切 | 
| [05:46] | I apologize for that. | 我向你道歉 | 
| [05:48] | I apologize for my firm. | 我代表我的事务所向你抱歉 | 
| [05:51] | That never should happened. | 这本不应该发生的 | 
| [06:08] | Why don’t you just cut the check? | 你为什么不见好就收 | 
| [06:10] | The jury had to hear that. | 我有必要说给陪审团听 | 
| [06:11] | Not like that they didn’t. | 我不是说没必要 | 
| [06:13] | You could say I sympathize, | 但是你可以说”我同情” | 
| [06:14] | I feel for you, I understand, | “我感同身受 我理解” | 
| [06:15] | but saying what I did was wrong, Jimmy, | 可是你却说我做错了 Jimmy | 
| [06:17] | that’s our whole issue in case you missed that! | 这是本案争议的核心问题 你忘了吗 | 
| [06:19] | – I didn’t miss it! -Alright. | – 我没忘 – 够了 | 
| [06:20] | If that’s our defense, what are you planning to… | 如果这是我们的抗辩理由 那你准备怎样… | 
| [06:22] | It is one thing to turtle, | 自己怎么想是一回事 | 
| [06:23] | it is another to confess! | 公开认错是另外一回事 | 
| [06:24] | I gotta go before the bar, you think about that? | 律师协会正在对我进行调查 你想过吗 | 
| [06:26] | It’s not just money with me, | 对我来说不光是钱的问题 | 
| [06:28] | my job is on the line! | 我的工作都有危险 | 
| [06:29] | The bar isn’t going to… | 律师协会不至于… | 
| [06:29] | And you go on record announcing what I did was wrong? | 你还在法庭上宣称我所做的是错的 | 
| [06:31] | I didn’t do that | 我没有这么做 | 
| [06:32] | I said it shouldn’t have happened. | 我只是说不应该发生而已 | 
| [06:33] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 | 
| [06:34] | That’s enough! | 够了 | 
| [06:35] | Damn right, it’s enough! | 太对了 是够了 | 
| [06:36] | Enough to lose the case. | 足够让我们输掉这个案子了 | 
| [06:38] | Eugene Eugene. | |
| [06:40] | Showing compassion is one thing. | 表现同情心是一回事 | 
| [06:43] | We cannot admit liability. | 但是我们不能承认有责任 | 
| [06:46] | I didn’t do that. | 我没有承认 | 
| [06:53] | I apologize for being bossy and overstepping myself. | 我为我的专横和擅作主张道歉 | 
| [06:59] | I don’t really mean to. | 我真的不是故意的 | 
| [07:01] | Okay. | 没关系 | 
| [07:05] | You know, it wasn’t totally easy, | 你要知道 要想融入 | 
| [07:07] | coming in here to such a tight group | 你们这样一个亲密的小团体 | 
| [07:09] | where everybody was friends. | 真的是很不容易 | 
| [07:11] | It’s not that I expected to be welcome but | 我并不指望你们大家都喜欢我 | 
| [07:15] | that remark, about me packing my bags | 但是你说要让我收拾东西走人 | 
| [07:19] | I didn’t deserve that. | 你不该这样说我 | 
| [07:21] | You’re right. | 你说得对 | 
| [07:23] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 | 
| [07:28] | I know that the holidays are hard | 我知道对于没有拍拖的人来说 | 
| [07:29] | on people who don’t have anybody | 节日是个难熬的时刻 | 
| [07:31] | I could fix you up, I know some cool guys | 我可以帮你 我认识一些不错的小伙子 | 
| [07:33] | Did I do something wrong again? | 我又做错什么了吗 | 
| [07:34] | Go sit down. | 回去坐着 | 
| [07:36] | Suddenly, right there in court, | 很突然地 就在法庭上 | 
| [07:38] | he starts accusing me, saying I killed her. | 他开始指控我 说是我杀了她 | 
| [07:43] | I felt, just shock. | 我感到很震惊 | 
| [07:46] | And what about after the trial? | 案件审完之后发生了什么 | 
| [07:48] | It doesn’t go away. | 事情还没完 | 
| [07:50] | First, he duped me. | 首先 他耍了我 | 
| [07:52] | I feel like I played a part | 我觉得杀我姐姐的凶手之所以逃脱 | 
| [07:53] | in freeing the man who killed my sister. | 是因为我帮了他们一把 | 
| [07:56] | Objection. Assuming facts not in evidence. | 反对 这是没有证据支持的主张 | 
| [07:58] | George Vogelman did not kill Susan Robin. | George Vogelman没有杀害Susan Robin | 
| [08:00] | Move to strike! | 请求不予记录 | 
| [08:00] | That remark assumes facts not in evidence, | 对方律师的主张才是没有证据支持 | 
| [08:02] | much less existence. | 而且根本不成立 | 
| [08:03] | All the facts go to show that he did kill her. | 所有的事实都显示 的确是他杀了Susan | 
| [08:05] | Objection! Now who’s accusing who? | 反对 到底是谁在指控谁 | 
| [08:08] | Quiet please. | 请肃静 | 
| [08:09] | The jury has already been informed | 陪审团已经被告知 | 
| [08:11] | of Mr. Vogelman’s acquittal, | Vogelman先生最后被判决无罪 | 
| [08:13] | as well as its irrelevance to this proceeding. | 也已告知 他的案件结果与本案无关 | 
| [08:16] | Mr. Silva, continue. | Silva先生 请继续 | 
| [08:19] | You said Steve, it doesn’t go away. | Steve 你说这件事对你影响还没完 | 
| [08:22] | People, I can see it in their eyes. | 人们看我的眼神都不一样了 | 
| [08:27] | Did he? Could he have? | 是真的吗 有可能是他吗 | 
| [08:29] | Do you know what that feels like? | 你知道这是种什么感觉吗 | 
| [08:31] | To walk around, | 不管走到哪里 | 
| [08:32] | with people thinking maybe you decapitated your sister? | 人们都在想 可能是你砍掉了你亲姐姐的头 | 
| [08:36] | Please, don’t address the defendant sir. | 先生 请不要直接和被告对话 | 
| [08:38] | Always some truth behind every rumor, huh? | 无风不起浪 对吧 | 
| [08:41] | He can’t disprove it, can he? | 他没法证明不是自己 不是吗 | 
| [08:43] | He had no alibi. | 他没有不在场证明 | 
| [08:47] | It’s never gonna go away. | 它会一直困扰着我 | 
| [08:51] | You feel violated. | 你觉得自己被侵犯了 | 
| [08:53] | I was violated. | 我的确被侵犯了 | 
| [08:55] | We can only imagine, most of us, | 我们大多数人只能想象 | 
| [08:57] | what it must feel like to be accused | 被指责犯下如此残忍的罪行 | 
| [08:59] | of such a gruesome murder. | 究竟是什么样的感受 | 
| [09:00] | Can you imagine what it must feel like | 那么你能想象一个无辜之人 | 
| [09:03] | to be actually charged with a crime you didn’t commit? | 真正被起诉又是什么样的感受吗 | 
| [09:06] | I’m not sure it could be any worse Mr. Berluti. | 我不认为那样会更糟 Berluti先生 | 
| [09:09] | Yeah it can Steve. | 不 会更糟 Steve | 
| [09:10] | Coz it’s not just reputation on the line, | 因为它不仅威胁到你的名誉 | 
| [09:12] | it’s your life. | 更威胁到你的一生 | 
| [09:14] | Forget whispers from the public, | 公众的交头接耳算什么呢 | 
| [09:16] | you go to a maximum security prison. | 你可能会被送进重刑犯监狱 | 
| [09:18] | He should. He killed my sister. | 他罪有应得 他杀死了我的姐姐 | 
| [09:20] | What if he didn’t? | 万一不是他呢 | 
| [09:23] | There he is Steve. | 他就在这里 Steve | 
| [09:29] | Assuming he’s innocent, | 假设他是无辜的 | 
| [09:30] | can you think what it must feel like | 你能想象面临终生监禁的威胁 | 
| [09:32] | to be threatened with life imprisonment. | 是什么样的感觉吗 | 
| [09:34] | That’s worse, don’t you agree? | 只会更糟 你同意吗 | 
| [09:43] | So he’s doing well? | 他发挥得还不错? | 
| [09:45] | On the son, he did great. | 儿子这边 他表现得非常好 | 
| [09:47] | On the father, he wobbled a little. | 父亲这边 不是很顺利 | 
| [09:51] | Who’s next? | 下一个是谁 | 
| [09:52] | The detective, right after lunch. | 警察 午饭后马上开始 | 
| [09:54] | Well, good luck. | 祝你好运 | 
| [09:56] | To all of us. | 祝我们都好运 | 
| [10:00] | Bobby Bobby | |
| [10:01] | This Christmas party, we can invite clients? | 这次的圣诞派对 我们可以邀请客户参加吗 | 
| [10:05] | I guess. | 应该可以吧 | 
| [10:07] | What about dates? | 那男朋友呢 | 
| [10:08] | Are we supposed to bring dates? | 可以带男朋友参加吗 | 
| [10:11] | You know you really should check with Lucy, | 这个问题你还是去问Lucy吧 | 
| [10:13] | she knows more what’s going on. | 她比我清楚得多 | 
| [10:14] | Ok. | 好 | 
| [10:18] | Do you have a date? | 你有男朋友了吗 | 
| [10:19] | Well, no, I haven’t asked anyone. | 哦 没有 还没有呢 | 
| [10:22] | I was just wondering. | 我只是问问而已 | 
| [10:26] | Are you bringing anyone? | 你准备带人参加吗 | 
| [10:28] | No | 不带 | 
| [10:35] | I’m up next with the detective, so I should really… | 接下来的警官是我负责盘问 所以我得… | 
| [10:38] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 好的 | 
| [10:50] | I’m not going kid gloves | 我在盘问这个警官的时候 | 
| [10:51] | on the detective, remember? | 不会很温和 知道吗 | 
| [10:53] | I got no problem going hard on witnesses. | 凶狠地盘问证人 我没有问题 | 
| [10:55] | It’s just, family | 只不过 她家人 | 
| [10:56] | I want you to get the detective. | 我希望你来搞定这个警官 | 
| [10:58] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [10:59] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [11:00] | What? | 什么 | 
| [11:01] | I see you two looking. | 我看见你们俩使眼色了 | 
| [11:03] | I wasn’t looking at anything. | 我什么也没做 | 
| [11:04] | You were thinking! | 你肯定在想什么 | 
| [11:05] | Alright Jimmy. C’mon. | 好了 Jimmy | 
| [11:10] | Did any evidence even suggest | 有没有任何证据显示 | 
| [11:11] | that Steve Robin could have been involved in his sister’s death? | Steve Robin可能跟他姐姐的死有关 | 
| [11:14] | No sir. | 没有 先生 | 
| [11:15] | Forensics, DNA, fingerprints? | 法医 DNA 指纹 | 
| [11:18] | Everything pointed to George Vogelman. | 所有证据都指向George Vogelman | 
| [11:20] | Nothing indicated Steve Robin. | 和Steve Robin无关 | 
| [11:21] | Now Detective, the defense has complained | 警官 被告指称 | 
| [11:24] | that you never even bothered to investigate Steve Robin. | 你们根本没有调查Steve Robin | 
| [11:28] | We considered all family members. | 我们考虑过每个家庭成员 | 
| [11:30] | There was nothing to incriminate him. | 没有证据证明他有作案嫌疑 | 
| [11:31] | Nor anybody but George Vogelman. | George Vogelman是唯一的嫌疑人 | 
| [11:34] | Steve Robin did have motive, financial problems. | Steve Robin的确有作案动机 财务问题 | 
| [11:38] | He’d be the sole beneficiary, | 他会成为唯一的继承人 | 
| [11:39] | that is motive right Detective? | 这不是动机吗 警官 | 
| [11:41] | Perhaps. | 也许是 | 
| [11:42] | And wasn’t it established | 在她遇害的时候 | 
| [11:43] | that Steve Robin and his sister were estranged | Steve Robin和他姐姐关系不好 | 
| [11:45] | at the time of her death? | 这点是可以肯定的吧 | 
| [11:46] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [11:47] | And who established that Detective, | 是谁发现这个问题的 警官 | 
| [11:49] | the police or George Vogelman’s lawyers? | 是警方还是George Vogelman的律师 | 
| [11:51] | You people did. | 是你们 | 
| [11:52] | And Steve Robin had no real alibi | 而且Steve Robin没有 | 
| [11:54] | at the time of his sister’s death? | 他姐姐死亡时的有效不在场证明 | 
| [11:56] | As far as I know, neither do you. | 据我所知 你也没有 | 
| [11:58] | But without any evidence we can’t… | 但在没有证据的情况下 我们不能… | 
| [12:00] | I was as much a suspect as | 我跟一个关系疏远 | 
| [12:02] | an estranged family member with a motive? | 有作案动机的家人一样有嫌疑吗 | 
| [12:04] | No, no, my point is we need some evidence | 不 不是 我的意思是 | 
| [12:07] | to trigger at least suspicion | 我们需要一定的 能够证明嫌疑的证据 | 
| [12:08] | before we investigate anybody. | 然后才能展开调查 | 
| [12:10] | There was none on the brother. | 死者的弟弟没有这样的嫌疑 | 
| [12:11] | Did you want there to be? | 你们想找到这样的嫌疑吗 | 
| [12:12] | Might it hurt your case against George? | 会不会影响你们对George的起诉 | 
| [12:14] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [12:14] | Withdrawn. | 收回 | 
| [12:15] | You never even asked the question, | 你从来就没有想过这个问题 | 
| [12:17] | did you, Detective? | 是不是 警官 | 
| [12:17] | You never even said: hey, what about the brother? | 你从来没想过 嘿 会不会是她弟弟 | 
| [12:20] | Of course we did. We ruled him out. | 我们当然想过 我们把他排除了 | 
| [12:23] | Can you prove he didn’t do it? | 你能证明不是他干的? | 
| [12:24] | We can’t prove it. | 不能证明 | 
| [12:25] | Well how do you rule him out? | 那你怎么排除他的 | 
| [12:26] | Because all the evidence went to your client. | 因为所有的证据都指向你的当事人 | 
| [12:29] | All the evidence collected. | 所有收集到的证据 | 
| [12:30] | All the evidence, period. | 所有的证据 所有的 | 
| [12:32] | The murder weapon? | 那杀人凶器呢 | 
| [12:36] | The murder weapon? Detective? | 杀人凶器呢 警官 | 
| [12:37] | We never found the weapon. | 我们没有找到过杀人凶器 | 
| [12:38] | The bloody clothing worn by the killer? | 凶手穿的血衣呢 | 
| [12:40] | We didn’t find any bloody clothing. | 我们没有发现任何血衣 | 
| [12:42] | There likely was bloody clothing, | 应该有沾了血的衣服 | 
| [12:43] | you just didn’t find it, right? | 只是你们没有找到 对吗 | 
| [12:44] | Right. | 是的 | 
| [12:45] | What about the witnesses? | 那目击证人呢 | 
| [12:46] | There weren’t any witnesses. | 没有目击证人 | 
| [12:47] | To your knowledge, | 是据你所知没有 | 
| [12:48] | or can you prove there were no witnesses? | 还是你能证明没有目击证人 | 
| [12:50] | To my knowledge. | 据我所知没有 | 
| [12:52] | All the evidence, period. | 所有的证据 所有的 | 
| [12:54] | That means all the evidence you had, right Detective? | 你指的是你手上掌握的证据 对吗 警官 | 
| [12:58] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [12:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [13:00] | Oh, at one point you did say | 对了 在某个阶段 你们的确说过 | 
| [13:02] | what about the brother. | 会不会是弟弟干的 | 
| [13:04] | Of course we did. | 没错 我们说过 | 
| [13:05] | Did Tommy Silva sue you? | 那Tommy Silva告你们了吗 | 
| [13:07] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [13:08] | Withdrawn. | 收回 | 
| [13:13] | We’re gonna lead with you, Ellenor, | 我们打算从你开始Ellenor | 
| [13:14] | then Eugene. | 然后是Eugene | 
| [13:15] | Different tie tomorrow, right? | 明天换条领带 好吗 | 
| [13:17] | Ellenor Ellenor. | |
| [13:18] | Expect Silva to cross you personally. | 估计Silva会问到你的私生活 | 
| [13:20] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 | 
| [13:21] | You dated George, he’ll try to use that. | 你和George约会过 他会利用这一点 | 
| [13:23] | That’s not relevant! | 这跟本案没有关联 | 
| [13:24] | Your judgment during trial is relevant, | 你在案件中的判断是有关联的 | 
| [13:26] | he’ll try to show that you were clouded by… | 他会尽力证明你的判断受到影响… | 
| [13:27] | Let’s bring a motion in liminee. | 我们可以申请对他进行限制 | 
| [13:29] | Too late. You’re on at four o’clock. | 来不及了 你被安排在四点 | 
| [13:31] | Continue it till tomorrow. | 那就申请延期到明天 | 
| [13:33] | We’ll look worse trying to evade, | 如果回避问题的话 会显得对我们更不利 | 
| [13:34] | let’s just be up front about everything. | 我们只要坦然面对所有的问题就行了 | 
| [13:36] | You know, that’s easy for you to say, | 你说起来倒是容易 | 
| [13:37] | it’s not your personal life. | 又不是你的私生活 | 
| [13:38] | Who’s got a personal life? | 谁还有私生活了 | 
| [13:39] | Lucy Lucy! | |
| [13:40] | Hey! | 嘿 | 
| [13:42] | Right off. I quit. | 我走还不行么 我辞职 | 
| [13:45] | See ya. | 再见 | 
| [13:53] | Look, I’ve tried to fit it | 你看 我很努力地去适应了 | 
| [13:55] | and I realize it’s probably my fault that I don’t. | 我知道 适应不了可能是我自己的错 | 
| [13:57] | But let’s just all admit it’s not working! | 但是大家都承认吧 没有用的 | 
| [13:59] | I won’t admit that. | 我不承认 | 
| [14:00] | I think you’ve been doing great. | 我认为你已经做得很好了 | 
| [14:01] | You’re the only one who’s been nice, | 你是唯一对我好的人 | 
| [14:03] | and Jimmy, sometimes Rebecca, | 还有Jimmy Rebecca偶尔也还好 | 
| [14:05] | and Ellenor when she’s not riled. | 再就是Ellenor 当她不发火的时候 | 
| [14:08] | Lucy, we all snipe at each other. | Lucy 我们相互之间说话都很冲 | 
| [14:10] | The fact that they dish it out to you like everybody else, | 他们像对其他人一样朝你吼 | 
| [14:12] | that’s just a sign of being accepted. | 正说明他们已经接受你了 | 
| [14:14] | I think maybe we just assume you can take it | 我想也许我们都理所当然地觉得你能承受 | 
| [14:16] | because you’re so… | 因为你是那么… | 
| [14:17] | But I’m not that tough. I’m just pushy. | 可是我没那么坚强 我只是有一点 | 
| [14:21] | a little. | 好管闲事 | 
| [14:21] | Why do you think that is? | 你觉得为什么会这样 | 
| [14:24] | I’m just used to taking care of people. | 我只是习惯了照顾别人 | 
| [14:27] | And you guys, | 而你们这些人 | 
| [14:29] | sometimes you seem like you need it a little. | 有时候 你们似乎确实需要一点照顾 | 
| [14:32] | We do. | 的确 | 
| [14:34] | You’re working out, I promise. | 你做得很好了 真的 | 
| [14:39] | It wasn’t that we thought Steve Robin killed his sister, | 与其说我们认为是Steve Robin杀了他姐姐 | 
| [14:41] | so much as | 更准确的说法是 | 
| [14:42] | we couldn’t exclude the possibility. | 我们不能排除这个可能性 | 
| [14:43] | Well let’s be honest, Steve Robin was a bit of a red herring. | 坦白说 Steve Robin是用来混淆视听的 | 
| [14:46] | Yes. Which is viable because the police didn’t investigate. | 没错 因为警察没有调查他 所以能行得通 | 
| [14:50] | Detective McKrew claims they did. | McKrew警官说他们调查过 | 
| [14:52] | George Vogelman did not kill Susan Robin. | George Vogelman没有杀害Susan Robin | 
| [14:54] | George Vogelman passed a lie detector test that we gave him. | George Vogelman通过了我们给他做的测谎 | 
| [14:57] | District Attorney Helen Gamble | 地区检察官Helen Gamble | 
| [14:59] | Objection. Hearsay. | 反对 传闻证据 | 
| [15:00] | Not offered for the truth, | 不作为案件事实提供 | 
| [15:01] | but only as to what the witness heard. | 只是证明证人所听到的内容 | 
| [15:03] | I’ll allow it. | 法庭准许 | 
| [15:06] | What did District Attorney Helen Gamble tell you? | 地区检察官Helen Gamble跟你说了什么 | 
| [15:08] | Basically, that the police had a disincentive to investigate. | 基本上 有一个因素导致警方不愿意继续调查 | 
| [15:11] | The victim’s head was found | 受害者的头是在 | 
| [15:12] | in George Vogelman’s medical bag. | George Vogelman的医疗包里发现的 | 
| [15:14] | He represented the only chance they had at getting a conviction, | 他因此成了检方唯一的定罪机会 | 
| [15:17] | they desperately needed to satisfy public pressure, | 他们急需摆脱公众的压力 | 
| [15:19] | and any new evidence would only serve to | 而任何新的证据所起到的作用只能是 | 
| [15:21] | undermine what they believed was an open and shut case. | 破坏这个他们认为已经稳操胜券的案子 | 
| [15:25] | Leaving you with the idea… | 因此 你觉得… | 
| [15:27] | They were more concerned with getting a conviction | 相比于找出真正的杀人凶手 | 
| [15:29] | than they were with finding the real killer. | 他们更关心的是得到一份有罪判决 | 
| [15:31] | Helen Gamble told you this? | 这些是Helen Gamble告诉你的? | 
| [15:33] | She suggested to me | 从她告诉我的话来看 | 
| [15:34] | that could have been why the police didn’t reopen. | 这可能是警方没有重新调查的原因 | 
| [15:36] | Told you this in confidence? | 她是私底下跟你说的? | 
| [15:38] | Pretty much. | 差不多 | 
| [15:38] | And you sprung a little surprise, | 结果你出其不意 | 
| [15:40] | calling her to the stand, | 在法庭上传唤她上庭作证 | 
| [15:41] | making her say that under oath. | 让她在宣誓后把这些话说出来 | 
| [15:43] | She didn’t see that coming, did she? | 她没有料到你会这么做 对吧 | 
| [15:45] | No. | 没有 | 
| [15:46] | You basically sandbagged her. | 可以说 你是坑了她一道 | 
| [15:47] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [15:48] | Withdrawn. | 收回 | 
| [15:50] | What’s plan B? | 什么是B计划 | 
| [15:51] | It’s sort of a slang code we have for, well, | 可以说是我们用的一个代称 | 
| [15:55] | shifting guilt | 指的是把犯罪嫌疑 | 
| [15:56] | to somebody other than our client. | 从我们的当事人身上转到其他人身上 | 
| [15:57] | It’s pointing the finger at someone else in court, | 就是在法庭上把矛头指向其他人 | 
| [16:01] | saying he did it. | 说他是凶手 | 
| [16:02] | Is that it? | 是这样吗 | 
| [16:03] | Basically. | 差不多 | 
| [16:04] | And basically | 那么可以说 | 
| [16:05] | you decided to plan B | 你们决定在Vogelman案中 | 
| [16:06] | Steve Robin in the Vogelman trial. | 对Steve Robin采用B计划 | 
| [16:09] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [16:10] | When you decided to plan B Steve Robin, | 当你们决定对Steve Robin采用B计划时 | 
| [16:13] | did you think he’d killed his sister? | 你真的认为是他杀了他姐姐吗 | 
| [16:15] | We didn’t know. | 我们不清楚 | 
| [16:16] | Oh, I understand you couldn’t know for positively sure. | 哦 我明白你不可能确切地知道 | 
| [16:19] | My question goes to what you thought. | 我的问题是 你当时是怎么想的 | 
| [16:22] | Honest answer. | 请你诚实地回答 | 
| [16:23] | Did you really think he killed his sister? | 你真的觉得他杀了他姐姐吗 | 
| [16:27] | No. | 不 | 
| [16:28] | You’ll do anything | 为了帮你的当事人脱罪 | 
| [16:30] | to get the client off, won’t you? | 你什么都做得出来 不是吗 | 
| [16:31] | Objection! | 反对 | 
| [16:32] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [16:33] | Have you ever been suspended | 你是不是曾经因为干扰陪审团 | 
| [16:35] | in connection with jury tampering? | 而被暂停执业资格? | 
| [16:44] | That was an innocuous exchange that happened in an elevator | 只不过是我的同事和一位陪审员在电梯里面 | 
| [16:46] | between a colleague and a juror | 一次无关紧要的交谈而已 | 
| [16:48] | who tried to ask her out on a date. | 那位陪审员想约我同事出去 | 
| [16:50] | You’re required by law | 依照法律的规定 | 
| [16:51] | to report these communications to the judge, aren’t you? | 你有义务向法官报告这件事 不是吗 | 
| [16:53] | Objection, relevance. | 反对 没有关联性 | 
| [16:55] | Offered to show a pattern of deceit. | 用于证明她一贯弄虚作假 | 
| [16:56] | It also bears on the witness’s honesty, | 也关系到这位证人的诚实与否 | 
| [16:59] | which she puts in issue by testifying. | 她既然已经出来作证 这些就都有关联性 | 
| [17:01] | I’ll allow it. | 法庭准许 | 
| [17:04] | Want a cup of water, Ms. Frutt? | 要喝杯水吗 Frutt女士 | 
| [17:07] | I’m fine. Thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 | 
| [17:10] | Did you persuade your colleague | 你是否劝说你的同事 | 
| [17:11] | not to report the jury tampering | 不要把干预陪审团的事报告给法官 | 
| [17:13] | because it might | 因为这样一来 | 
| [17:13] | cost your client an acquittal? | 你们的无罪开释判决可能就没了 | 
| [17:15] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [17:15] | Client there was an alleged drug dealer? | 你们的当事人被指控贩卖毒品? | 
| [17:17] | Yes. | 是 | 
| [17:17] | Couple of months ago, | 几个月之前 | 
| [17:18] | you had another client, a drunk driver? | 你的另一个当事人醉酒驾车 | 
| [17:20] | He hit a pedestrian, | 他撞伤了一个行人 | 
| [17:21] | called you from the scene. | 在事故现场给你打电话 | 
| [17:22] | You advise him to drink right there on the spot? | 你建议他就在现场公开地喝酒? | 
| [17:25] | Objection! | 反对 | 
| [17:25] | Pattern. | 证明惯例 | 
| [17:26] | Go ahead. | 继续吧 | 
| [17:27] | You tell this client, | 你告诉那个当事人 | 
| [17:28] | let yourself be seen drinking, | 让他当着别人的面喝酒 | 
| [17:30] | so that when you fail the breathilizer, | 这样在酒精测试超标的时候 | 
| [17:32] | you can say you were drinking after the accident? | 你就可以开脱说是车祸之后喝的 | 
| [17:34] | Your honor, this is getting way off track. | 法官阁下 这已经离题太远了 | 
| [17:36] | I agree, let’s move on. | 我同意 还是回到主题吧 | 
| [17:38] | Is there anything you won’t stoop to, Ms. Frutt? | 你一直这么不择手段吗 Frutt女士 | 
| [17:40] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [17:41] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [17:41] | You consider yourself an honest person? | 你觉得自己是个诚实的人吗 | 
| [17:43] | Objection! | 反对 | 
| [17:44] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [17:45] | You don’t want her to answer that, | 你不想让她回答这个问题 | 
| [17:46] | you think that’d be kind of a slowball? | 因为你深怕牵扯出更多的问题? | 
| [17:48] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [17:49] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [17:53] | Where the hell were you? | 你他妈在干什么 | 
| [17:54] | I was up and down like a jack in a box | 我一直上蹿下跳 像个弹簧小丑 | 
| [17:55] | You came in late! And where were you? | 你反应得太慢了 你又在哪里 | 
| [17:57] | Ellenor! Jimmy’s right! | Ellenor Jimmy说得对 | 
| [17:58] | If we ducked those questions… | 如果我们逃避那些问题… | 
| [17:59] | Those questions have nothing to do with this case! | 那些问题跟这个案子完全没有关系 | 
| [18:01] | They had to do with you! | 跟你有关系 | 
| [18:03] | You hung me out! | 你害我出洋相 | 
| [18:04] | Silva hung you out with your own history. | 是Silva拿你自己的经历让你出洋相 | 
| [18:09] | Jimmy did nothing wrong. | Jimmy没有做错任何事 | 
| [18:17] | You shoulda settled this. | 你们应该和解的 | 
| [18:18] | Tell me about it. | 谁说不是呢 | 
| [18:20] | Lindsay, if they come back over the policy, | Lindsay 如果陪审团的判决金额超过保险范围 | 
| [18:22] | it’s gonna be Donnell, Young, Dole and Shut. | 你们就准备好关门大吉吧 | 
| [18:24] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [18:25] | Aren’t you scared? | 你难道不担心吗 | 
| [18:26] | Yes. | 当然担心 | 
| [18:27] | I’ve been thinking about leaving anyway, a little. | 我也一直在考虑离开 只是考虑 | 
| [18:32] | Excuse me? | 什么 | 
| [18:33] | A little. Ya know, maybe to a bigger firm. | 考虑而已 也许去个更大的事务所 | 
| [18:35] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 | 
| [18:39] | You’re in love with him. | 你爱上他了 | 
| [18:40] | What? Who? | 什么 爱上谁 | 
| [18:42] | What are you afraid of? | 你到底在怕什么 | 
| [18:43] | Because you two work together? | 就因为你们俩是同事? | 
| [18:45] | – If it’s right, it’s not gonna… – It isn’t right. | – 只要合适 就不会… – 问题是不合适 | 
| [18:46] | And I know where it would end, I don’t wanna end up like… | 我知道结局会是怎样 我不想到最后… | 
| [18:48] | Like what? | 最后怎样 | 
| [18:49] | He’s a work-aholic for one thing. | 他是个工作狂 这是其一 | 
| [18:50] | What’s another thing? | 其二呢 | 
| [18:51] | Are you waiting for him to totally get over me, | 难不成你在等他彻底忘了我 | 
| [18:53] | coz it just doesn’t happen. | 要知道 那是不可能的 | 
| [18:56] | Let’s just decorate the tree. | 专心装扮圣诞树吧 | 
| [18:59] | Sure. | 好吧 | 
| [19:02] | You’re an idiot. | 你是个傻瓜 | 
| [19:04] | Decorate! | 专心干活 | 
| [19:09] | Look! Obviously, Silva has moles. | 很明显 Silva肯定有眼线 | 
| [19:11] | He heard about plan B, | 他知道B计划 | 
| [19:12] | Ellenor advising a client to drink. | 还有Ellenor让当事人喝酒的事 | 
| [19:14] | The jury tampering thing was on record, | 干预陪审团的事是有记录可查的 | 
| [19:15] | but what happened with Helen Gamble, that wasn’t. | 但是Helen Gamble那件事并没有 | 
| [19:18] | The guy is tapped in. | 有人给他通风报信 | 
| [19:20] | Tapped in or not, | 不管有没有人通风报信 | 
| [19:21] | this doesn’t happen unless people in this room are talking. | 只要我们这几个人不说 他就不会知道 | 
| [19:26] | I didn’t tell! | 我可没说 | 
| [19:27] | Nobody’s saying you did. | 谁也没说是你 | 
| [19:28] | No, not much! | 是啊 是没怎么说 | 
| [19:30] | The point is, we can’t repeat stuff, | 我的意思是 我们不要到处跟人说 | 
| [19:32] | not to friends, relatives, anybody, | 包括朋友 亲人 任何人都不要说 | 
| [19:33] | because Tommy Silva knows everybody, everybody. | 因为Tommy Silva认识所有的人 所有人 | 
| [19:38] | Eugene, you ready? | Eugene 准备好了吗 | 
| [19:39] | All set. | 好了 | 
| [19:40] | I don’t plan to be protecting you, just like with Ellenor. | 我没打算保护你 就像对Ellenor一样 | 
| [19:44] | Great. | 好极了 | 
| [19:45] | C’mon, let’s go. | 好了 我们走吧 | 
| [19:47] | Hold on. | 等一下 | 
| [19:49] | You all got your tails between your legs. | 你们看起来都像夹着尾巴一样 | 
| [19:52] | I think Silva is making a mistake | 我认为Silva犯了个错误 | 
| [19:54] | He had the more of this outside stuff he puts in. | 他不该把这些跟案件无关的事情扯进来 | 
| [19:56] | The jury tampering, the drunk client | 干预陪审团 醉驾当事人 | 
| [19:59] | he’s trying to win with evidence | 他试图利用与本案无关的证据 | 
| [20:00] | that’s got nothing to do with this case. | 来打赢这个案子 | 
| [20:03] | The jury can see that. | 陪审团看得出来 | 
| [20:04] | So let’s not go in the room | 所以 我们不要像已经 | 
| [20:06] | looking like losers ok? | 输掉了一样走上法庭 好吗 | 
| [20:08] | The jury can see that too. | 陪审团也能看出来的 | 
| [20:12] | When I persuaded Steve Robin to testify, | 当我劝说Steve Robin出庭作证的时候 | 
| [20:14] | my intent was only to establish his sister being on the internet. | 我的目的只是想让他证明 他姐姐喜欢上网 | 
| [20:19] | I never lied to him. | 我从来没有欺骗他 | 
| [20:20] | But let’s be fair, when you changed your strategy, | 但是平心而论 当你改变策略的时候 | 
| [20:23] | you didn’t call him up and say, | 你也没有把他叫过来 对他说 | 
| [20:25] | by the way I plan to accuse you. | 顺便告诉你一声 我打算指控你 | 
| [20:27] | No. | 没有 | 
| [20:27] | You wanted to spring him. | 你想出其不意 | 
| [20:30] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [20:31] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [20:31] | By surprising him, | 出其不意地指控他 | 
| [20:33] | I had a better chance of causing him to be outraged. | 让我更容易激怒他 | 
| [20:36] | Rage and outrage, they can look alike. | 愤怒和粗暴 看起来像是一回事 | 
| [20:39] | If I could get a jury to see rage in him, | 如果我能让陪审团看到他粗暴的一面 | 
| [20:41] | then they could more easily believe | 那么他们就更容易相信 | 
| [20:42] | he could have committed a homicide. | 他有可能杀人害命 | 
| [20:45] | Do you believe he killed his sister? | 你相信是他杀了自己的姐姐吗 | 
| [20:47] | I didn’t know that he didn’t. | 我不能确定不是他 | 
| [20:49] | But I really didn’t think that he did either. | 但是我也确实不觉得是他杀的 | 
| [20:52] | So Mr. Young, you’re basically admitting | Young先生 所以你实际上是承认了 | 
| [20:54] | you accused Steve Robin of doing something | 你虽然指控Steve Robin杀人 | 
| [20:56] | you yourself didn’t really think he did. | 可是你自己都不认为是他杀的 | 
| [20:58] | I do not admit that I am guilty of any wrongdoing. | 我并不承认自己做错了任何事情 | 
| [21:01] | And why not? | 为什么呢 | 
| [21:01] | Because as a defense lawyer, | 因为作为一名辩护律师 | 
| [21:03] | it is my job to raise questions. | 我的职责就是提出质疑 | 
| [21:05] | To play devil’s advocate to what the government is saying, | 对检控方的说法吹毛求疵地提出反对意见 | 
| [21:07] | sometimes you might look like a devil doing so. | 有时候 这么做会让自己看上去像个恶人 | 
| [21:13] | Don’t you feel bad? | 你不觉得不安吗 | 
| [21:15] | Steve Robin, he’s probably innocent. | Steve Robin 他可能是无辜的 | 
| [21:18] | Of course I feel bad. | 我当然觉得不安 | 
| [21:19] | But George Vogelman is innocent. | 但是George Vogelman是无辜的 | 
| [21:21] | He was framed, the police didn’t investigate, | 他被人陷害了 警方没有深入调查 | 
| [21:24] | and I wasn’t about to let an innocent man | 我不会让一个无辜的人 | 
| [21:26] | get a life sentence for something he didn’t do. | 因为一件跟他无关的案子被判终身监禁 | 
| [21:30] | You’re facing possible discipline from the bar, | 因为你们这次的B计划 | 
| [21:33] | because of this plan B tactic, aren’t you? | 你可能会面临律师协会的惩戒 不是吗 | 
| [21:36] | I was reported to the bar, | 我被举报到律师协会了 | 
| [21:38] | I suspect at your urging. | 我怀疑是拜你所赐 | 
| [21:40] | The bar is conducting an inquiry? | 律师协会已经开始调查了? | 
| [21:42] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [21:43] | You sound, maybe it’s me | 你听上去 也许只是我的感觉 | 
| [21:46] | you sound almost proud of what you did. | 你听上去简直为自己的行为感到自豪 | 
| [21:49] | Like I said, | 就像我说的 | 
| [21:50] | I didn’t enjoy having to attack Steve Robin. | 我很遗憾不得不攻击Steve Robin | 
| [21:53] | But once a defense lawyer takes a case, | 但是一旦辩护律师接下一个案子 | 
| [21:55] | he has to use whatever legal means possible | 他必须用尽一切可能的合法手段 | 
| [21:57] | to defend his client. | 为当事人辩护 | 
| [21:59] | That’s what I did. | 我就是这么做的 | 
| [22:00] | In fact, plan B, | 实际上 B计划 | 
| [22:02] | you guys use this strategy a lot, don’t you? | 你们经常采用这样的辩护策略 是不是 | 
| [22:05] | We use it on occasion. | 我们有时候会用 | 
| [22:06] | When we deem it viable. | 当我们觉得机会合适的时候 | 
| [22:08] | Last week, Bobby Donnell had a case. | 上个星期 Bobby Donnell有个案子 | 
| [22:10] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [22:11] | Pattern, your honor. | 证明惯例 法官阁下 | 
| [22:12] | Go ahead. | 继续吧 | 
| [22:14] | A baby was killed, | 死者是个婴儿 | 
| [22:15] | and your firm represented the convicted killer. | 你们事务所为杀人凶手辩护 | 
| [22:18] | Bobby Donnell stood up in court, | Bobby Donnell在法庭上 | 
| [22:20] | and accused the baby’s father, didn’t he? | 指责婴儿的父亲是凶手 是不是 | 
| [22:23] | I wasn’t there, but to my knowledge, | 我不在场 不过据我所知 | 
| [22:25] | the facts supported the question. | 事实的确是这样 | 
| [22:26] | And that too would be a lawyer’s job, right? | 这也是律师的职责所在 对吗 | 
| [22:29] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [22:30] | In fact, any grieving parent, | 事实上 任何沉浸在悲痛中的父母 | 
| [22:33] | should his baby be murdered, | 如果他们的孩子被谋杀 | 
| [22:35] | should expect to be accused of | 都应该被指控杀了自己的孩子 | 
| [22:37] | killing his child because that’s our system. | 因为我们的司法体制就是这样 | 
| [22:40] | It’s not that simple. | 事情不是那么简单 | 
| [22:41] | Well, you’re sure making it sound that simple, | 可是你让它听上去就是那么简单 | 
| [22:43] | Mr. Young. You’re sitting in that chair, | Young先生 你坐在证人席上 | 
| [22:45] | and we’re talking about | 我们现在讨论的问题是 | 
| [22:47] | accusing family members of murdering their loved ones | 把指控家庭成员谋杀了他们的亲人 | 
| [22:50] | as basic defense strategies. | 作为基本的辩护策略 | 
| [22:52] | You sure make it sound easy. | 你的态度让人觉得这很平常 | 
| [22:56] | That’s all I got. | 我问完了 | 
| [23:01] | Mr. Berluti, redirect. | Berluti先生 要继续问吗 | 
| [23:10] | Mr. Berluti? | Berluti先生 | 
| [23:13] | Yes, your honor. | 是的 法官阁下 | 
| [23:16] | Going after Steve Robin like that, | 像你那样指控Steve Robin | 
| [23:18] | you weren’t a little disgusted with yourself? | 你一点都不对自己感到厌恶吗 | 
| [23:22] | As I testified, I didn’t enjoy doing it. | 我刚才说过 我并不乐意这么做 | 
| [23:25] | That wasn’t my question. | 你没有回答我的问题 | 
| [23:26] | I asked weren’t you disgusted with yourself? | 我问的是 你不对自己感到厌恶吗 | 
| [23:28] | Didn’t you go back to the witness room right after | 你难道没有在事后马上回到证人室 | 
| [23:30] | and say something to the effect like | 并且说你做的这些事情 | 
| [23:32] | you were a monster for doing that? | 让你觉得自己是个禽兽? | 
| [23:34] | Isn’t that what you told Ellenor Frutt? | 难道你不是这样对Ellenor Frutt说的吗 | 
| [23:35] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么呢 | 
| [23:36] | Last year, | 去年 | 
| [23:37] | your ten-year-old son said: | 你十岁的儿子说 | 
| [23:38] | my dad gets killers off. | 我爸总是能帮杀人凶手脱罪 | 
| [23:40] | You were disgusted with yourself | 当你听到这句话的时候 | 
| [23:42] | when you heard that, weren’t you? | 你对自己感到厌恶 不是吗 | 
| [23:43] | You wanted to quit practicing law. | 你甚至不想再做律师了 | 
| [23:45] | What’s going on? | 这是什么情况 | 
| [23:46] | I’m asking the witness some tough questions. | 我在问证人一些尖锐的问题 | 
| [23:47] | If he doesn’t answer, I’d like to treat him as hostile. | 如果他不回答 我要求把他视为敌意证人 | 
| [23:49] | This is just another stunt, your honor | 他们又在玩花招了 法官阁下 | 
| [23:50] | Why don’t you sit down till you know what you’re talking about? | 你能不能先想清楚再站起来说话 | 
| [23:52] | Alright, I’ll give you some latitude, counsel. | 好吧 我允许你继续发问 律师 | 
| [23:59] | You like putting killers back out there, Eugene? | 你喜欢帮杀人凶手脱罪吗 Eugene | 
| [24:01] | Two years ago, some pedophile you defended, | 两年前 你为一个娈童癖辩护 | 
| [24:04] | you put him back on the street. | 你帮他脱罪了 | 
| [24:05] | He sodomized and murdered two little boys, didn’t he? | 他奸杀了两个小男孩 是不是 | 
| [24:09] | You snapped in court, | 你在法庭上情绪失控 | 
| [24:10] | and you beat up your own client, didn’t you? | 你殴打了自己的当事人 是不是 | 
| [24:12] | If they hadn’t pulled you off him, | 如果不是他们把你拉开 | 
| [24:13] | who knows what would’ve happened, right? Eugene? | 后果将不堪设想 对吗 Eugene | 
| [24:16] | This spiel, defense lawyers | 你不断地说 作为辩护律师 | 
| [24:18] | do what we must and we don’t apologize, | 我们做该做的事 我们不道歉 | 
| [24:20] | that’s a bunch of crap, isn’t it? | 这些都是胡说八道 不是吗 | 
| [24:22] | You get disgusted with yourself a lot. | 你经常对自己感到厌恶 | 
| [24:24] | And you got disgusted with yourself | 在法庭上攻击Steve Robin之后 | 
| [24:26] | after attacking Steve Robin on the stand, didn’t you? | 你也对自己感到厌恶 不是吗 | 
| [24:30] | Cuz you knew then, like you know now, | 因为你自始至终都清楚 | 
| [24:32] | it was despicable. | 这么做很卑鄙 | 
| [24:35] | Isnt’t that the truth? | 事实不就是这样吗 | 
| [24:40] | We can take your silence as a yes, | 我们可以把你的沉默当成默认 | 
| [24:43] | can’t we, Eugene? | 是吧 Eugene | 
| [25:03] | What the hell was that? | 刚才他妈的是怎么回事 | 
| [25:04] | – Alright. – Eugene. | – 好了 – Eugene | 
| [25:06] | You were up there like a robot. | 你在法庭上像块木头似的 | 
| [25:08] | You couldn’t have been worse. | 你差得不能再差了 | 
| [25:09] | If we rested on that, we lose big! | 如果我们当时就结束举证 我们死定了 | 
| [25:12] | You were terrible! | 你表现得糟糕透顶 | 
| [25:23] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 | 
| [25:25] | Jimmy Jimmy! | |
| [25:34] | I don’t think it went well. | 看来不怎么样 | 
| [25:36] | I’m not saying you’re wrong, he was a little cold, | 我不是说你做得不对 他确实有点冷漠 | 
| [25:38] | but exactly how did you make it better? | 但是你究竟是怎么扭转局面的 | 
| [25:40] | I let the jury know I had the same reaction | 我要让陪审团知道 对于他的证词 | 
| [25:42] | to his testimony that they had. | 我的感受跟他们一样 | 
| [25:44] | Bobby, he was more than cold. | Bobby 他可不只是冷漠而已 | 
| [25:51] | I’ll talk to him. | 我会和他谈的 | 
| [25:53] | You ready with your closing? | 你准备好结案陈词了吗 | 
| [25:54] | No. | 没有 | 
| [25:58] | Everything ok? | 一切都还好吗 | 
| [26:00] | Eugene’s testimony went a little rough. | Eugene作证的时候不太顺利 | 
| [26:02] | We’re finished, aren’t we? | 我们完了 是不是 | 
| [26:05] | Had we started up again? | 我们又重新开始了吗 | 
| [26:07] | This firm, if we lose this case. | 我是说事务所 如果我们输了这场官司 | 
| [26:10] | Oh, we haven’t lost, | 噢 我们还没输呢 | 
| [26:12] | and even if we do, there’s a lot to appeal. | 而且就算输了 上诉的空间也很大 | 
| [26:15] | We’re not finished. | 我们还没完 | 
| [26:20] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [26:21] | That’s all. | 没事 | 
| [26:26] | Is it that bad? | 有那么糟糕吗 | 
| [26:27] | No, it’s just… | 不是 只是… | 
| [26:28] | Tell me. | 跟我说说 | 
| [26:33] | I kissed Lucy. | 我吻了Lucy | 
| [26:34] | I should say, she kissed me, | 确切地说 是她吻了我 | 
| [26:35] | and when she did it, it felt wrong. | 当她吻我的时候 我觉得不对 | 
| [26:37] | Like I was betraying somebody. Lindsay. | 好像我背叛了另一个人似的 Lindsay | 
| [26:40] | Somewhere in the back of my brain, | 在我的潜意识里 | 
| [26:41] | I feel like in some kind of a relationship with her. | 我觉得自己好像还跟她在一起 | 
| [26:43] | My head went right to her when Lucy kissed me. | Lucy吻我的时候 我脑子里想的却是她 | 
| [26:46] | I was talking about the Robin case. | 我说的是Robin的案子 | 
| [26:49] | What? | 什么 | 
| [26:49] | Oh yeah, it didn’t go very well, | 噢 对 进展不太顺利 | 
| [26:50] | it wasn’t good. | 情况不乐观 | 
| [26:51] | You kissed Lucy. | 你吻了Lucy | 
| [26:52] | She kissed me, mistletoe, but well… | 是她吻的我 槲寄生什么的 不过… | 
| [26:55] | You kiss Helen Gamble, you kiss Lindsay, | 你吻了Helen Gamble 你吻了Lindsay | 
| [26:57] | there was that whiny thing in the short skirt, | 一看到小短裙你就把持不住了 | 
| [26:59] | and now you kiss Lucy. | 现在你又吻了Lucy | 
| [27:01] | What’s wrong with you? | 你这是什么毛病 | 
| [27:02] | Rebecca Rebecca! | |
| [27:02] | You know we’re about to face bankruptcy | 你明明知道我们都快倒闭了 | 
| [27:04] | and you’re running around kissing teenagers! | 你还到处去亲人家小姑娘 | 
| [27:05] | What’s wrong with you? | 你到底有什么毛病啊 | 
| [27:06] | Rebecca! I tell you something that’s bothering me | Rebecca 我在跟你倾诉烦恼 | 
| [27:07] | and you swat me? | 你却打我 | 
| [27:08] | You’re damn right! She’s eighteen years old! | 打的就是你 她才十八岁 | 
| [27:10] | She kissed me! | 是她吻的我 | 
| [27:11] | Why don’t you tell the world! | 你就告诉全天下的人好了 | 
| [27:12] | Lucy Lucy! | |
| [27:13] | You know, it’s bad enough that she already hates me | 你知道 她本来就已经讨厌我了 | 
| [27:16] | I don’t hate you! | 我不讨厌你 | 
| [27:18] | What is going on here? | 你们这是什么情况 | 
| [27:18] | Has he kissed you too? | 他也吻了你吗 | 
| [27:20] | – Rebecca! – What! | – Rebecca – 什么 | 
| [27:20] | Let’s all get back to work, can we do that? | 咱们都该干嘛干嘛去 行吗 | 
| [27:23] | Back to work! | 干活去 | 
| [27:42] | I didn’t plan to take that approach. | 我本来没准备那样做 | 
| [27:44] | I felt it necessary since I found | 但因为你作证的时候显得毫无同情心 | 
| [27:46] | your testimony unsympathetic. | 我觉得我别无选择 | 
| [27:49] | Jimmy, close it on your way out. | Jimmy 出去的时候把门关上 | 
| [27:55] | I would think you’d understand. | 我原以为你能够理解 | 
| [27:57] | I was doing whatever I could to save the client. | 我只是在尽一切努力 来帮助我的当事人 | 
| [28:01] | And the client is you. | 而这个当事人 就是你 | 
| [28:06] | Put yourself in their position | 想想他们的处境 | 
| [28:09] | our position | 想想我们的处境 | 
| [28:16] | Every defendant | 每一个被告 | 
| [28:20] | Did you stay here all night? | 你在这里呆了一个通宵吗 | 
| [28:21] | It’s morning? | 已经是早上了吗 | 
| [28:27] | Oh Jimmy, this does not look like a good closing. | 哦 Jimmy 这看起来可不是个好的结案陈词 | 
| [28:32] | Hello? | 有人在么 | 
| [28:34] | George George. | |
| [28:35] | Hi Jimmy. Lucy. | 嗨 Jimmy Lucy | 
| [28:38] | He’s got a bag. | 他带着包 | 
| [28:40] | What’s up? | 有什么事么 | 
| [28:42] | I was thinking, | 我在想 | 
| [28:45] | I was the guy you fought for, | 你们想法设法都是为了救我 | 
| [28:46] | maybe you should put me up there, | 也许你们应该让我出庭作证 | 
| [28:48] | get the jury to see it from my side. | 让陪审团从我的角度来看一看 | 
| [28:50] | I thought about that, | 我也考虑过 | 
| [28:51] | but Silva would cross you on the porno tapes, | 但是Silva会盘问你关于色情录像的事 | 
| [28:53] | he’d get in how your friends pulled away, | 他会指出你的朋友都没有站出来帮你 | 
| [28:55] | how you still didn’t get your job back. | 你原来的医院至今都不要你回去工作 | 
| [28:57] | You were an easy cross in the criminal trial, | 在刑事审判中 你就是个很容易盘问的证人 | 
| [28:59] | you’d be even softer here in the civil one. | 在民事审判中 你的证词效力更弱 | 
| [29:01] | I just wish there was something I could do. | 我只是希望 能够帮你们做一些事情 | 
| [29:03] | Just be in the room. | 你只要出现在法庭上就行 | 
| [29:05] | That’d be great. | 这样就很好了 | 
| [29:08] | Sure. | 一定 | 
| [29:14] | I’ll see ya. | 到时见 | 
| [29:18] | What was Bobby thinking, giving it to me? | Bobby到底是怎么想的 把这个案子给我 | 
| [29:20] | From what I hear, you’re doing great. | 从我听到的来看 你做得很好 | 
| [29:23] | Who said? | 谁说的 | 
| [29:24] | Well, nobody, but I can feel you’re doing great. | 呃 没人说 但我能感觉到你做得很好 | 
| [29:33] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [29:34] | He left his bag. | 他落下了他的包 | 
| [29:44] | He’s gone. | 他已经走了 | 
| [29:46] | Think he got lucky last night? | 你觉得他是不是昨晚又走运了 | 
| [29:48] | Lucy! He just forgot it. | Lucy 他只不过忘了拿了 | 
| [29:59] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了么 | 
| [30:01] | Open it. | 打开它 | 
| [30:03] | I’m not gonna open it. It’s a man’s private bag. | 我才不会打开 这是别人的私人物品 | 
| [30:06] | You open it. | 你去打开 | 
| [30:08] | I’m a girl! | 我是女生 | 
| [30:09] | But there’s nothing in it but medical supplies. | 又不会有什么可怕的东西 只是一些药品而已 | 
| [30:12] | Just, look, | 也许 | 
| [30:13] | maybe there’s a phone number inside | 说不定里面会有他的电话号码 | 
| [30:15] | and we can call him. | 那样我们就可以联系他 | 
| [30:16] | Right! Right, | 对 对 | 
| [30:17] | we’ll pretend we don’t have his number in the Rolodex. | 我们就假装我们的通讯录上没有他的号码 | 
| [30:19] | We shouldn’t do this. | 我们不能这样做 | 
| [30:21] | Hurry up! | 赶紧的 | 
| [30:27] | Hello? | 嘿 | 
| [30:29] | Geez! | 天哪 | 
| [30:30] | George, hey. | George 你好啊 | 
| [30:33] | I forgot my bag. | 我把我的包忘在这里了 | 
| [30:35] | Oh. Here it is. | 对 在这里呢 | 
| [30:39] | Yeah, we were just checkin’ it for heads. | 嗯 我们正想看看里面有没有人头 | 
| [30:43] | I’m kidding. | 开玩笑的 | 
| [30:48] | There’s no honor in being a lawyer today. | 今时今日 律师这个职业已毫无荣耀可言 | 
| [30:53] | Used to be a dignified profession. | 曾经 它是一个多么高贵的职业 | 
| [30:55] | Now? | 现在呢 | 
| [30:58] | But there’s gotta be a line. | 但是 一切总该有个底限 | 
| [31:02] | Steve Robin’s sister was murdered. | Steve Robin的姐姐惨遭杀害 | 
| [31:05] | And these people, the lawyers, | 而这些人 这些律师们 | 
| [31:07] | defending the guy charged with doing it, | 他们为杀人嫌疑犯提供辩护 | 
| [31:09] | well they decided, they’ll blame Steve. | 他们决定 他们可以归罪于Steve | 
| [31:13] | Fool him into taking the stand, | 他们将他骗到证人席上 | 
| [31:15] | under some, some duty to tell the truth. | 让他在法律的强制之下说出真相 | 
| [31:19] | And then ambush him with an accusation | 然后 突如其来地指控他就是凶手 | 
| [31:22] | they pretty much knew to be false. | 尽管他们很清楚这一指控并不属实 | 
| [31:24] | It was indecent. Unthinkable, really. | 这真的很卑鄙 让人无法想象 | 
| [31:28] | And they do it all the time. | 而且这还是他们一贯的做法 | 
| [31:30] | Plan B. | B计划 | 
| [31:33] | They figure in a courtroom, | 他们觉得 因为是在法庭上 | 
| [31:35] | they’re insulated from slander or defamation, | 他们可以免于诽谤或诬蔑的责任 | 
| [31:38] | so they think nothing | 所以他们可以肆无忌惮地 | 
| [31:40] | of accusing brothers of killing sisters. | 指控弟弟杀死了姐姐 | 
| [31:44] | Fathers of killing their babies. | 父亲谋害了孩子 | 
| [31:46] | Anything to get the client off. | 只要能够让他们的当事人脱罪 | 
| [31:49] | But there’s gotta be a line. | 但是 任何事情都该有个底限 | 
| [31:53] | Where do we draw it? I really don’t know. | 这个底限应该划在哪里呢 我不清楚 | 
| [31:57] | But when a lawyer knowingly sacrifices a person’s reputation | 但是 当一个律师故意地利用虚假的信息 | 
| [32:03] | with information he knows isn’t true, | 有意地败坏一个人的声誉 | 
| [32:05] | when you go after a grieving brother | 当你紧咬着一个悲痛的弟弟不放 | 
| [32:08] | and say that he chopped off his own sister’s head, | 声称是他砍下了他亲姐姐的头 | 
| [32:15] | well I’d say the line has been crossed. | 那么我得说 你已经超出底线了 | 
| [32:18] | Now everyone today | 如今 所有人都在愤慨 | 
| [32:20] | is angry at how despicable lawyers have become. | 律师们怎么变得如此卑劣 | 
| [32:27] | Well you have a chance, right now, | 你们现在有了一个机会 就在眼前 | 
| [32:31] | to send a message. | 请表明你们的立场 | 
| [32:36] | Put these people out of business. | 把这些人赶出律师这个行业 | 
| [32:43] | It’s an adversarial process, and the rules, | 我们的司法程序采用的是对抗制 它的规则 | 
| [32:47] | though not popular, are pretty simple. | 虽然并不通俗易懂 但也十分简单 | 
| [32:50] | The state tries to convict, | 检控方试图给人定罪 | 
| [32:52] | the defense lawyer does everything | 辩护律师在法律许可的范围内 | 
| [32:54] | he legally can to prevent that conviction. | 用尽所有的手段来阻止定罪 | 
| [32:58] | Not almost everything he can, everything. | 不是”几乎所有的手段” 而是”所有的手段” | 
| [33:01] | It’s not a choice. | 没有其他的选择 | 
| [33:03] | And if in the mind of the lawyer, | 如果律师认为 | 
| [33:05] | pointing a finger at the brother | 通过指控受害者的弟弟有杀人嫌疑 | 
| [33:07] | of the victim can secure an acquittal, | 能够帮被告脱罪 | 
| [33:09] | truth is, he has no right not to, | 事实是 他没有权力不这么做 | 
| [33:12] | unless he knows for a fact it’s a lie. | 除非他能够百分之百地排除这种可能性 | 
| [33:15] | Which here they didn’t. | 在本案中 他不能排除 | 
| [33:17] | The system doesn’t work if the lawyer says, | 如果一个律师说 在这个案子上我会竭尽所能 | 
| [33:19] | hey, in this case, I’ll do whatever I can, | 在那个案子上 我会有所保留 | 
| [33:21] | in that case, I won’t. | 那么我们的司法体系就没法运作 | 
| [33:23] | You do whatever you can in every single case. | 在每一个案子上 你都必须竭尽全力 | 
| [33:27] | Defense lawyers cling to that rule. | 辩护律师必须坚守这个规则 | 
| [33:29] | It’s the only way they can survive. | 因为这是他们得以生存的唯一法则 | 
| [33:33] | Sometimes, | 有时候 | 
| [33:34] | they retreat so far inside that principle, | 他们过多地将自己隐藏在了这个规则后面 | 
| [33:38] | they can seem almost inhuman. | 以至于他们显得几乎失去了人性 | 
| [33:41] | That’s what you saw in Eugene Young. | 就好像你们看待Eugene Young一样 | 
| [33:44] | He didn’t even seem like he had much compassion, did he? | 他看起来似乎并没有多少同情心 是么 | 
| [33:48] | I actually think he’s in denial as to what he does. | 事实上 我觉得他是不愿意接受这些事情 | 
| [33:51] | It’s not surprising. | 这其实并不让人吃惊 | 
| [33:53] | Coz what he has to do a lot of the time | 因为 大部分时候他所必须要做的事请 | 
| [33:55] | would make most people sick. | 会令大多数人感到厌恶 | 
| [33:58] | How do you go home at night and sleep | 当你在白天让一个杀手无罪释放 | 
| [34:00] | after getting a killer free? | 晚上回家时你如何能够安然入睡 | 
| [34:02] | How can your stomach not turn | 当你想到要为一个强奸犯辩护的时候 | 
| [34:04] | at the idea of fighting for some rapist? | 你的胃怎能不因为感到恶心而翻腾 | 
| [34:06] | You saw in Eugene Young | 在Eugene Young身上 | 
| [34:09] | a man who’s freed killers | 你们看到的是一个让凶手无罪释放 | 
| [34:11] | only to have them kill again. | 让他们有机会再度犯罪的人 | 
| [34:12] | You saw in Eugene Young | 在Eugene Young身上 | 
| [34:14] | a man desperately hanging on to his ideology, | 你们看到他拼命地坚守他的价值观 | 
| [34:17] | to survive what he does for a living. | 只是为了承受自己安身立命的职业 | 
| [34:22] | But believe it or not, | 但是 无论你们相信与否 | 
| [34:25] | that is where the truest and deepest honor | 这才是这个职业最真实 | 
| [34:28] | of this profession lies. | 最深刻的荣誉之所在 | 
| [34:30] | Doing an ugly job that serves a higher purpose. | 为了更高的理想 而从事看似丑陋的工作 | 
| [34:34] | The state incarcerates, | 政府剥夺人的自由 | 
| [34:36] | the defense lawyers works every day | 辩护律师用他们每天的工作来对抗 | 
| [34:39] | to check that balance | 维护这个平衡 | 
| [34:40] | so innocent people don’t get caught up in it. | 以确保无辜的人不会入狱 | 
| [34:44] | And you know what? | 你们知道么 | 
| [34:45] | An innocent man got caught up in it here. | 在这里就有一个无辜的人曾经面临入狱的危险 | 
| [34:48] | The polygraph that he passed was inadmissable, | 他通过的测谎不能在法庭上作为证据 | 
| [34:50] | so they jury there couldn’t know about it. | 所以陪审团根本不知道这回事 | 
| [34:53] | The circumstantial evidence was so overwhelming | 其他的间接证据又是如此的有说服力 | 
| [34:55] | and dramatic, | 令人印象深刻 | 
| [34:57] | he was faced with a sure conviction. | 他几乎铁定会被判罪名成立 | 
| [34:59] | The only thing he had was a couple of lawyers | 他唯一所拥有的 就是那么几个律师 | 
| [35:02] | willing to do everything they could. | 愿意为他倾尽全力 | 
| [35:05] | As hard as this may be to compute, | 也许你们很难理解 | 
| [35:07] | Eugene Young was dignified in going after Steve Robin, | Eugene Young的抉择正体现了他的高贵 | 
| [35:11] | not because Steve Robin probably did it, | 不是因为Steve Robin可能是凶手 | 
| [35:14] | but because he most likely didn’t. | 恰恰是因为他很可能不是凶手 | 
| [35:17] | And that made the duty ugly, dirty. | 更显得辩护律师的工作丑陋 肮脏 | 
| [35:20] | Many attorneys would have found a way not to do it, | 很多辩护律师可能会找理由不这么做 | 
| [35:23] | and the innocent man might have gone to jail. | 于是无辜的人可能会因此进监狱 | 
| [35:29] | Over there, sits somebody who got hurt. | 坐在那里的 是一位因此而受到伤害的人 | 
| [35:32] | And our compassion has to go out to him. It has to. | 我们无法不对他表示同情 我们必须同情 | 
| [35:36] | But it also must be tempered with the reality | 但是 我们同时也必须考虑到这样的现实 | 
| [35:38] | that the worse result would have been | 如果不这么做 将会导致更为残酷的结果 | 
| [35:41] | a man serving a life sentence in prison | 一个无辜的人 因为与他无关的犯罪事实 | 
| [35:43] | for something he didn’t do. | 被判终身监禁 | 
| [35:46] | What this case really is, | 这个案子的本质 | 
| [35:51] | is a referendum on criminal defense attorneys | 其实是对刑事辩护律师和我们的司法体系的 | 
| [35:55] | and our system. | 一次公投 | 
| [35:58] | You wanna pass judgment on that, | 你们要对此作出评判 | 
| [36:00] | I suppose I can’t stop you. | 我想我无法阻止你们 | 
| [36:03] | But I know those people at that table. | 但是我了解坐在那张桌子后面的那些人 | 
| [36:05] | I work side by side with them every day. | 每一天 我都与他们并肩作战 | 
| [36:09] | There’s honor in that job. | 那是我工作的荣誉所在 | 
| [36:13] | Trust me. | 相信我 | 
| [36:48] | It’s 10:30. | 才十点半 | 
| [36:49] | Just let me enjoy it. | 你就让我好好享受一下吧 | 
| [36:54] | See this suit? It’s my lucky suit. | 你看我这件西装 这是我的幸运西装 | 
| [36:57] | Problem is, it don’t fit me. | 不过问题是 它不合身 | 
| [36:59] | I had to diet all week. | 我这一个礼拜都在节食 | 
| [37:00] | I been dreaming of this hotdog since Tuesday. | 从星期二开始 我就梦想着这块热狗了 | 
| [37:05] | And now I’ve dropped it. | 现在我还把它弄掉了 | 
| [37:07] | How’s that for an omen? | 这算什么兆头 | 
| [37:14] | Thank you for letting me do it. | 谢谢你让我负责这个案子 | 
| [37:15] | It was a self-serving decision. | 我是站在自己的立场上做的这个决定 | 
| [37:18] | Nothing to help you. | 不是为了照顾你 | 
| [37:20] | I know, and that’s what… | 我知道 正因为这样… | 
| [37:26] | Spent my whole life thinking I’m not good enough. | 我一辈子都在想 我是不是不够优秀 | 
| [37:30] | Sometimes… | 有时候… | 
| [37:32] | If we lose, | 如果我们输了 | 
| [37:33] | you’ll at least know, you’re whole life. | 你至少可以确定 你一辈子所想的 | 
| [37:36] | You’ve been right. | 一直是对的 | 
| [37:40] | Jury’s coming back! | 陪审团回来了 | 
| [37:41] | What? | 什么 | 
| [37:42] | In an hour? | 才一个小时 | 
| [37:42] | It’s Friday, it’s Christmas. | 今天是周五 又是圣诞节 | 
| [37:44] | Let’s go. | 走吧 | 
| [38:06] | The jury has reached its verdict? | 陪审团达成判决了吗 | 
| [38:08] | We have, your honor. | 是的 法官阁下 | 
| [38:10] | What say you? | 请宣布判决 | 
| [38:13] | In the matter of Robin versus | 就Robin诉 | 
| [38:14] | Donnell, Young, Dole and Frutt, | Donnell Young Dole&Frutt律师事务所一案 | 
| [38:16] | on the count of defamation of character, | 关于人身诽谤的诉请 | 
| [38:18] | we find in favor of the defendant. | 我们判决被告胜诉 | 
| [38:22] | On the count of intentional infliction of emotional distress, | 关于故意造成精神伤害的诉请 | 
| [38:25] | we find in favor of the defendant. | 我们判决被告胜诉 | 
| [38:28] | On the count of negligent infliction of emotional distress, | 关于过失造成精神伤害的诉请 | 
| [38:33] | we find in favor of the defendant. | 我们判决被告胜诉 | 
| [38:38] | The jury is dismissed, with the court’s thanks. | 陪审团可以解散了 法庭感谢你们的工作 | 
| [38:40] | We are adjourned. | 休庭 | 
| [38:56] | Great job. | 干得好 | 
| [39:07] | Yeah, I’m a client too. | 嗯 我也是他们的客户 | 
| [39:09] | What was your case? | 你是因为什么案子 | 
| [39:10] | Oh, it was just some boring litigation stuff. | 哦 只是一些无聊的诉讼 | 
| [39:14] | I like this place. People here are good. | 我喜欢这个地方 这儿的人都很好 | 
| [39:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 | 
| [39:31] | Listen. We ok? You and me? | 对了 我们没事吧 你跟我? | 
| [39:34] | Yeah, we’re okay. | 当然 我们没事 | 
| [39:40] | Jimmy Jimmy | |
| [39:43] | good closing. | 结案陈词很棒 | 
| [39:54] | So we’re still in business. | 所以事务所还能继续开下去 | 
| [39:56] | Yeah. Still partners, unless you’re thinking of leaving. | 嗯 我们还是合伙人 除非你想离开 | 
| [40:01] | What? | 什么 | 
| [40:03] | Helen said something. | Helen跟我说了你的想法 | 
| [40:09] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我哪儿也不会去 | 
| [40:13] | I should be honest about… | 我应该坦诚地告诉你… | 
| [40:15] | I don’t mean to be cold. | 我不是想显得冷漠 | 
| [40:18] | I mean, it’s not that I’m not interested. | 我是说 我并不是没有考虑过 | 
| [40:21] | I just know that it’s not right. | 但是我知道 那不是正确的选择 | 
| [40:23] | And for once, I’m going with my head. | 这一次 我决定听从我的大脑 | 
| [40:26] | Oh yeah, Lindsay. | 是啊 Lindsay | 
| [40:28] | You and your heart, | 你和你的心 | 
| [40:29] | have been so out of control. | 一直都太失控了 | 
| [40:32] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这是什么意思 | 
| [40:35] | Nothing. | 没什么 | 
| [40:36] | It means you’re right. | 我的意思是 你是对的 | 
| [40:39] | I’m going with your head too. | 我也决定听从你的大脑 | 
| [40:42] | Good. | 很好 | 
| [40:45] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 | 
| [41:06] | They’re really exchanging fluids with that one. | 这个吻还真是炽烈 | 
| [41:08] | C’mon Lucy, | 来 Lucy | 
| [41:10] | You and I haven’t really got to know each other yet, | 我们还一直没机会相互了解一下 | 
| [41:12] | so maybe we should just take this time… | 也许我们应该利用这个机会… | 
| [41:14] | Hi. | 嗨 | 
| [41:17] | Hi. | 嗨 | 
| [41:19] | You know you’re standing under the mistletoe? | 你知道你正站在槲寄生下面么 | 
| [41:23] | You know the saying George, | 你听过这个说法吗 George | 
| [41:24] | once you’ve seen a man | 一旦你看到一个男人 | 
| [41:25] | holding a severed head, | 手捧着一个砍下的脑袋 | 
| [41:26] | it’s hard to look at him again sexually. | 你就很难再跟他打情骂俏了 |