时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Dad. | 爸 |
[00:03] | The principal says he got a phone tip from a parent. | 校长说接到学生家长的电话举报 |
[00:06] | Something about you dealing. | 说你在贩毒 |
[00:07] | I wasn’t dealing, that’s a lie! | 我没有贩毒 他们撒谎 |
[00:08] | Were they your drugs? | 这些毒品是你的吗 |
[00:09] | No. | 不是 |
[00:10] | Then why were they in your locker? | 那怎么会在你的柜子里 |
[00:11] | I don’t know, maybe I was set up. | 我不知道 也许有人陷害我 |
[00:13] | Do you like my clock? | 你觉得我的钟怎样 |
[00:14] | It has a tiny camera in it. | 里面有个微型摄像头 |
[00:16] | A nanny-cam. | 保姆监视器 |
[00:17] | Two nights ago, | 两天前的晚上 |
[00:18] | I come home and I find this. | 我回家之后就发现了这个 |
[00:20] | I meet him at 4:30, | 我四点半跟他见面 |
[00:21] | he’s gonna give me eight bags. | 他会给我八袋货 |
[00:22] | But what if we get busted? | 如果我们被逮到怎么办 |
[00:24] | My dad says that if you get caught, | 我爸说如果你被抓住了 |
[00:26] | never admit to anything. | 什么都别承认 |
[00:27] | Even to your lawyer | 哪怕是对你的律师 |
[00:28] | because they’ll be stuck with whatever you tell them. | 因为你对他们说的话会限制他们发挥 |
[00:30] | Who gave you the drugs? | 毒品是谁给你的 |
[00:31] | He goes by Robby G. | 别人都叫他Robby G |
[00:32] | I don’t know his full name. | 我不知道他全名叫什么 |
[00:34] | Robby G Bobby G. | |
[00:34] | You know him? | 你认识他? |
[00:35] | He might work for a client of mine, I’m not sure. | 他好像是我一个当事人的手下 我不确定 |
[00:38] | That’s nice. Father and son. | 真厉害 父与子 |
[00:40] | Both work for the same guy. | 效力于同一个人 |
[00:42] | I told my lawyer I could handle this, | 我告诉我的律师我可以自己来处理 |
[00:43] | but I forgot to ask whether I needed witnesses to do this. | 但是我忘了问这个过程需不需要见证人 |
[00:46] | To do what? | 见证什么 |
[00:47] | To serve you with this petition. | 向你送达这份文书 |
[00:50] | Change child custody? | 变更监护权? |
[00:52] | I don’t think you’ve been a positive influence | 我认为你对Kendall的成长 |
[00:54] | in Kendall’s life. | 发挥了不良影响 |
[00:58] | I expect we’ll do ok. | 我觉得我们问题不大 |
[01:00] | No judge likes to cut off custody. | 没有哪个法官喜欢剥夺监护权 |
[01:03] | But, Eugene, | 但是 Eugene |
[01:05] | we could be in for a real fight here. | 我们可能要真刀真枪地对付她 |
[01:07] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:08] | She hired Solomon Taggert. | 他请了Solomon Taggert |
[01:09] | Where she got the money to do that, I don’t know. | 我都不知道她哪来的钱付律师费 |
[01:12] | What I do know is this guy doesn’t fool around. | 但我知道这家伙不是等闲之辈 |
[01:16] | If I have to get ugly, you have to let me. | 如果我不得不干些脏活 你不能拦着我 |
[01:20] | I don’t want your tearing her up, Bobby. | 我不希望你做得太过分 Bobby |
[01:22] | At the end of the day she’s still my son’s mother. | 不管怎么说 她始终是我儿子的母亲 |
[01:24] | And at the end of the day | 不管怎么说 |
[01:25] | we want you to still be his father. | 我们希望你继续当他的父亲 |
[01:29] | Dad? | 爸 |
[01:30] | Kendall, what are you doing here? | Kendall 你怎么来了 |
[01:32] | I just came. I took the T. | 我过来看看 我打车来的 |
[01:33] | Your mother know? | 你妈知道吗 |
[01:35] | No. | 不知道 |
[01:41] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[01:41] | I had to meet with those doctors and stuff. | 他们让我去看那些医生什么的 |
[01:43] | Why is nobody telling me what’s going on? | 为什么没有人告诉我是怎么回事 |
[01:51] | Your, uh, mother thinks your getting involved | 你 呃 你妈觉得你之所以会贩毒 |
[01:56] | with drugs had something to do with my influence. | 是因为受到我的不良影响 |
[01:59] | And, uh, she thinks it would be best | 所以 呃 她觉得为了你好 |
[02:05] | if you didn’t spend time with me. | 你最好不要再跟我在一起 |
[02:08] | Ever? | 以后都不在一起? |
[02:10] | Just for a while. | 只是暂时的 |
[02:12] | But you’re my dad. | 但是你是我爸呀 |
[02:14] | It isn’t about that. | 问题不在这里 |
[02:15] | It’s… | 而是… |
[02:20] | She’s doing what she thinks is best. | 她觉得她这么做正确的 |
[02:24] | She loves you just like I do. | 她跟我一样爱你 |
[02:28] | We just disagree on what’s best. | 只是我们爱你的方式不同 |
[02:31] | And she’s asking some judge to stop you from being with me? | 她在要求法官阻止你跟我在一起? |
[02:38] | Something like that, yeah. | 差不多是这样 是的 |
[03:26] | C’mon, we’re gonna be late! | 快走 我们要迟到了 |
[03:27] | We’ve got plenty of time, Eugene. | 我们的时间还很充足 Eugene |
[03:28] | Who’s up first? | 谁是第一个 |
[03:29] | The guardian, Tania Morrison. | 监护人 Tania Morrison |
[03:31] | She takes a strong position. She is tough. | 她的立场很坚定 她很强硬 |
[03:33] | Who’s the judge? | 法官是谁 |
[03:34] | Bender Bender. | |
[03:35] | Come on! | 快走 |
[03:39] | Miss Gamble? | Gamble小姐 |
[03:41] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[03:42] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[03:42] | Uh, listen. Unfortunately we weren’t able to reach a plea. | 呃 很遗憾我们没有能达成辩诉交易 |
[03:45] | So, we go to trial. | 所以我们要上庭 |
[03:47] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:48] | I’ll be putting you on first. | 我会安排你第一个作证 |
[03:49] | But, remember we talked about his attorney. | 但是 记住我跟你说过他的律师 |
[03:51] | Listen, I’ll do what I can to protect you, | 我会尽我所能地保护你 |
[03:53] | but the main thing, you have to keep your composure. | 但是最关键的 你必须保持沉着冷静 |
[03:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:57] | You won’t let her get brutalised up there? | 你不会让她在庭上被粗暴对待吧 |
[04:00] | This attorney’s tough. | 这个辩护律师很强硬 |
[04:01] | He’s known for trying anything. | 他是个不择手段的人 |
[04:03] | She’s gonna be attacked, isn’t she? | 她会受到猛烈的攻击 对不对 |
[04:04] | Well, defendants get the right to | 呃 被告有权利跟指证自己的人 |
[04:07] | confront their accusers, Mr Hayes, | 当面对质 Hayes先生 |
[04:09] | and this one will. | 他不会放弃这个权利 |
[04:12] | Kendall has an above average IQ, | Kendall的智商在平均水平之上 |
[04:14] | but he appears to be lacking some moral sensibility, | 但是他显得对于自己的行为 |
[04:17] | with regard to his behavior. | 缺乏某种道德是非观念 |
[04:19] | What do you mean, doctor? | 这是什么意思 医生 |
[04:20] | With the drug arrest, | 拿贩毒被逮捕这件事来说 |
[04:22] | he focuses on the illegal search | 他更关心搜查是不是违法 |
[04:24] | rather than his own bad acts, | 而不是自己的行为是不是错了 |
[04:26] | and in lying to his parents about it afterward, | 而且之后还对他的父母撒谎 |
[04:28] | he focuses on how his denial skirted the truth. | 他只关心怎样否认逃避事实 |
[04:32] | C’mon, doctor. | 可是 医生 |
[04:33] | Growing up, my children threw every excuse | 我的孩子们从小到大 |
[04:34] | imaginable at me. | 总是对我编造各种各样的借口 |
[04:37] | Isn’t that just being a kid? | 难道孩子们不都是这样吗 |
[04:39] | A normal kid understands | 一般的孩子做错了事情 |
[04:40] | when he’s done something wrong, | 他内心是知道的 |
[04:41] | and uses the excuse as a way to escape punishment. | 他只是编造借口来逃避惩罚 |
[04:45] | With Kendall, it’s almost as if he believes | 而对于Kendall 就好像他真的相信 |
[04:47] | the excuse nullifies the bad act. | 自己没有做错任何事情 |
[04:50] | And therein lies the problem. | 所以问题就在这里 |
[04:52] | To what do you attribute | 你觉得是什么因素造成了 |
[04:53] | Kendall’s behaviour? | Kendall的行为 |
[04:54] | There could be a lot of factors. | 可能的因素很多 |
[04:56] | But I do believe a significant one | 不过我相信其中重要的因素之一 |
[04:58] | derives from contact with his father. | 来自于跟他父亲的接触 |
[05:01] | He’s a bad role model? | 他父亲是个坏榜样吗 |
[05:02] | I’m not saying that. | 我不是这个意思 |
[05:04] | Likely he’s a great role model. | 也许他是个了不起的榜样 |
[05:06] | I’m saying that contact with him | 我是说跟他的接触 |
[05:07] | is having a negative influence. | 对Kendall产生了负面的影响 |
[05:10] | A good model with a bad influence? | 好的榜样却产生了坏的影响? |
[05:12] | Mr. Young is a criminal defense attorney. | Young先生是一位刑事辩护律师 |
[05:15] | I certainly don’t have all the answers, | 当然 我不是对任何问题都能提供答案 |
[05:17] | but I know that Kendall is somehow | 但是我知道某种意义上 |
[05:19] | processing right and wrong | Kendall是通过他父亲的眼睛 |
[05:21] | through his father’s eyes, | 来判断是非问题 |
[05:23] | and it’s resulting in a blurring of the lines for him. | 这样就导致了他的是非观念变得模糊 |
[05:27] | How many hours total did you spend with Kendall? | 你在Kendall身上一共花了多少时间 |
[05:29] | About six and a half. | 大概六个半小时 |
[05:31] | And in six and a half hours | 通过六个半小时的了解 |
[05:33] | you find that Eugene Young is | 你就认定Eugene Young对 |
[05:35] | a bad influence on his son. | 他的儿子产生了坏的影响 |
[05:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:37] | Because he’s a criminal defense attorney? | 就因为他是个刑事辩护律师? |
[05:40] | Because of the emotional and behavioral impact | 因为他对他儿子发生的情感上 |
[05:42] | he’s had on his son. | 和行为上的影响 |
[05:43] | Because he’s a criminal defense attorney. | 因为他是个刑事辩护律师 |
[05:46] | Mr. Young faces tough moral choices. | Young先生经常面临艰难的道德抉择 |
[05:49] | Maybe he has a handle on it, maybe he doesn’t… | 也许他能应付自如 也许不能 |
[05:52] | When you’re saying that Mr. Young | 你说Young先生 |
[05:53] | faces tough moral choices | 经常面临艰难的道德抉择 |
[05:54] | do you have any evidence | 你有没有证据证明 |
[05:56] | of Mr. Young acting amorally? | Young先生做了不道德的选择 |
[05:58] | Well, I think defending somebody accused of murder is perhaps… | 呃 我觉得为被指控谋杀的人辩护或许… |
[06:00] | It’s immoral for a criminal defense attorney | 刑事辩护律师为谋杀案被告辩护 |
[06:02] | to represent murder defendants? | 难道是不道德的吗 |
[06:03] | I’m talking about how it impacts on a child. | 我说的是它对孩子的影响 |
[06:06] | It’s your opinion that children can’t process… | 你的意思是孩子不会分辨… |
[06:08] | Your honor, he’s not letting the witness finish. | 法官阁下 他有意不让证人把话说完 |
[06:09] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[06:10] | Let her complete her response, Mr. Donnell. | 让她把话说完 Donnell先生 |
[06:13] | Of course, every defendant deserves representation. | 当然 每个被告都有权请律师辩护 |
[06:17] | Most eleven year olds can appreciate this. | 大多数十一岁的孩子也能够理解 |
[06:19] | I’m speaking as to what’s going on with Kendall. | 我说的是具体到Kendall身上的情况 |
[06:22] | Thank you, doctor, but how… | 谢谢 医生 但是为什么… |
[06:23] | I still haven’t finished. | 我还没有说完 |
[06:24] | By defending these people, | 通过为这些人辩护 |
[06:26] | the drug dealers, the people that use drugs, | 这些毒贩 这些吸毒的人 |
[06:29] | Kendall sees an implied | Kendall会潜意识地觉得 |
[06:31] | endorsement of them. | 这些行为是正当的 |
[06:32] | Dad says these people are okay. | 爸爸说这些人没有问题 |
[06:35] | Dad says what these people did | 爸爸说这些人所做的事情 |
[06:37] | wasn’t so bad. | 并没有那么糟糕 |
[06:38] | Dad said it’s the police who were at fault. | 爸爸说做错了事情的是警察 |
[06:41] | These are the things this kid is processing. | 这个孩子眼里看到的就是这样 |
[06:43] | It’s not coming from his mother. | 这些观念不是来自于他的母亲 |
[06:50] | Thank you for taking the time. | 不好意思耽误你的时间了 |
[06:51] | Sure. I’m going to have Lucy | 不客气 如果你不介意的话 |
[06:53] | take notes if you don’t mind. | 我让Lucy来做点记录 |
[06:55] | Sure. Well, as I said on the phone, | 没问题 我在电话上已经说了 |
[06:57] | I’m a practicing child psychologist | 我是个儿童心理学方面的执业医生 |
[06:59] | and I was recently discharged from my job, | 我最近被解雇了 |
[07:02] | for grounds I believe to be illegal. | 我认为解雇的理由是非法的 |
[07:04] | And what were the grounds? | 是什么理由 |
[07:05] | I developed a condition in my eyes | 我的眼睛出了点毛病 |
[07:07] | which they cited as cause. | 他们就是以这个为理由 |
[07:09] | What kind of condition? | 什么毛病 |
[07:11] | It effects the muscles and, | 影响到了肌肉 因此 |
[07:13] | well, | 呃 |
[07:16] | as you can see I’m rather cross-eyed. | 你看 我有严重的斗鸡眼 |
[07:23] | Can you tell? | 看到了吗 |
[07:25] | Well, since you mention it… | 呃 既然你这么问… |
[07:27] | And this is why they fired you? | 他们就是因为这个把你解雇了? |
[07:30] | Yes. It’s a bilateral nerve palsy. | 是的 这是双侧神经麻痹 |
[07:32] | I got it from a head trauma. | 是由头部外伤引起的 |
[07:34] | Ms Washington, | Washington小姐 |
[07:35] | it does not render me disabled. | 这并不影响我的工作能力 |
[07:37] | I have been and continue to be an excellent psychologist. | 我以前和现在都是一个优秀的心理医生 |
[07:41] | I’m very good at what I do. | 我的专业能力很强 |
[07:49] | I spent most of the afternoon walking around window shopping, | 我那天下午大部分时间都在逛商场 |
[07:51] | and then I walked to my car. | 然后我走向我的车 |
[07:53] | And what happened? | 然后发生了什么事 |
[07:54] | As I started to pull out, | 我正在发动车子的时候 |
[07:55] | that man, he jumped in the passenger side. | 那个人 他跳到了副驾驶的座位上 |
[07:59] | What did you do? | 然后你怎么办 |
[08:00] | I tried to jump out my side, | 我想从车里逃出来 |
[08:01] | but he grabbed my wrists so I couldn’t get out. | 但是他抓住我的手腕 所以我跑不了 |
[08:03] | What happened then? | 然后发生了什么 |
[08:05] | He pulled a knife out of his jacket | 他从夹克衫里掏出一把刀 |
[08:07] | and pressed it against my neck really hard. | 用力地顶在我的脖子上 |
[08:09] | Tell me, what was going through your mind? | 告诉我 你当时心里是什么感觉 |
[08:12] | Fear. | 害怕 |
[08:14] | I was thinking if he just wanted the car, | 我想 如果他只想要车 |
[08:17] | he, he would’ve let me jump out. | 他 他会让我逃出来 |
[08:20] | I thought he was going to hurt me. | 我觉得他会伤害我 |
[08:21] | What happened next? | 接下来发生了什么 |
[08:23] | I started talking. | 我开始跟他说话 |
[08:24] | You started talking? | 你开始跟他说话? |
[08:25] | Yes. I started telling him about myself. | 是的 我开始跟他谈我自己的事情 |
[08:27] | I thought that maybe if he knew something about me | 我觉得如果他对我这个人有所了解之后 |
[08:29] | he wouldn’t want to kill me. | 也许他就不会杀我 |
[08:31] | Why would you think that? | 你为什么这么想 |
[08:32] | I’ve read that one strategy with an attacker is | 我看到有文章说 在面对歹徒的时候 |
[08:34] | try to humanise yourself with them | 让他们对你有所了解 |
[08:36] | so they won’t kill you. | 这样他们就不会杀你 |
[08:38] | And it worked? | 这个办法管用吗 |
[08:40] | Yeah, I guess so, | 是 我觉得管用 |
[08:41] | because he told me to get out, which I did, | 因为他让我出去 我就出去了 |
[08:43] | and he drove away. | 然后他把车开走了 |
[08:45] | Any bruises on your wrist or your neck? | 你手腕上或者脖子上有伤痕吗 |
[08:48] | I don’t think so. | 应该没有 |
[08:49] | You never went to a hospital. | 你从来没有去医院 |
[08:50] | No. | 没有 |
[08:51] | Can anybody account for your whereabouts that afternoon | 你说你那天下午在逛商场 |
[08:53] | when you say you were window shopping? | 有人可以证明吗 |
[08:55] | Not that I know of. I was by myself. | 应该没有 我当时独自一人 |
[08:57] | Did you also kiss Randy Strunk? | 你有没有亲吻过Randy Strunk |
[09:00] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[09:01] | The truth is, you met Randy, | 事实是 你遇到Randy |
[09:03] | you had consensual sex with him | 你自愿跟他发生性关系 |
[09:04] | and then you loaned him your car. | 然后你把车借给他 |
[09:05] | -Isn’t that what happened? -Objection. | -真相难道不是这样吗 -反对 |
[09:05] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[09:06] | You would never sleep with someone you’d just met? | 你从来不跟刚见面的人上床吗 |
[09:07] | Objection. | 反对 |
[09:08] | It’s a fair question. | 这是个合理的问题 |
[09:09] | Sidebar, your honor. | 上前商议 法官阁下 |
[09:16] | She’s been known to pick up men | 人们都知道她喜欢结交男人 |
[09:17] | and not just with her car. | 不只是在车上 |
[09:18] | Oh, you gotta be kidding me. | 哦 你开什么玩笑 |
[09:20] | She’s the social girl. I’m just showing that… | 她是个交际女郎 我只是要证明… |
[09:22] | That is completely irrelevant. | 即便你说的是真的 |
[09:23] | Even if it were true, | 这跟本案完全没有关系 |
[09:24] | a victim’s sexual history is inadmissible. | 受害人以往的性经历不能作为呈堂证供 |
[09:26] | Rape shield. | 强奸受害人保护规则 |
[09:26] | This is not a rape. | 这又不是强奸案 |
[09:27] | Rape shield doesn’t apply. | 强奸受害人保护规则不适用 |
[09:28] | And I am entitled to cross-examine | 我有权对指证我的当事人的证人 |
[09:30] | my client’s accuser. | 进行交叉质询 |
[09:30] | I won’t let you go there, Mr. Dawson. | 我不允许你这么做 Dawson先生 |
[09:32] | You don’t know this woman, | 你不了解这个女人 |
[09:33] | judge, she’s a real… | 法官阁下 她真的是… |
[09:34] | Problem is, counsel, I know you. | 但是我了解你 律师 |
[09:35] | You’re not going there. | 你不准再问了 |
[09:41] | He’s a good man, | 他是个好人 |
[09:41] | and in my opinion, a very good father. | 而且我也觉得他是个好父亲 |
[09:44] | Well, then why are we here? | 那你为什么要打这个官司呢 |
[09:45] | We’re here because of | 是因为他所从事的工作 |
[09:47] | the world he lives in. | 和生活在其中的世界 |
[09:48] | My ex-husband fights for bad people. | 我的前夫帮坏人辩护 |
[09:51] | My son attributes some idealism to this world. | 我儿子觉得他的这个世界有理想主义色彩 |
[09:55] | The influence scares me. | 我很担心这样的影响 |
[09:57] | He’s begun to deal drugs. | 他开始学会贩毒 |
[09:59] | With a sense of pride, even. | 甚至还觉得很自豪 |
[10:01] | A pride that he gets from his dad. | 这种自豪感是从他爸爸那里学来的 |
[10:04] | Object to that. | 反对 |
[10:04] | It would be one thing if he came home | 如果他只是想给罪犯辩护 |
[10:06] | wanting to defend criminals, | 那是另一回事 |
[10:08] | but to identify with them as role models? | 但是以他们为榜样? |
[10:11] | This is beginning to happen. | 实际情况就是这样 |
[10:12] | Have you talked to your ex-husband about this? | 你跟你的前夫谈过这个问题没有 |
[10:14] | My ex-husband breathes this world. | 我的前夫沉浸在他的那个世界里 |
[10:19] | That’s what led to us splitting up. | 这也是我们离婚的原因 |
[10:20] | He’s inside it. | 他深陷其中 |
[10:23] | He defends these people on a mission. | 他以给这些人辩护作为自己的使命 |
[10:25] | It was more important to him than being a husband, | 对他来说 这比如何当好一个丈夫更重要 |
[10:28] | more important than being a father. | 比当好一个父亲更重要 |
[10:30] | Objection! That isn’t true, Sharon! | 反对 这不是事实 Sharon |
[10:31] | Mr Young… | Young先生 |
[10:32] | You know that’s not true! | 你知道那不是事实 |
[10:33] | Mr Young. Take your seat. | Young先生 请坐下 |
[10:37] | I know you love him. | 我知道你爱他 |
[10:39] | But you don’t see what you’re doing to him. | 但是你没看到你对他的影响 |
[10:42] | Ms Young, please do not address your ex-husband. | Young太太 请不要直接跟你前夫对话 |
[10:49] | That was a lie! | 她在撒谎 |
[10:50] | -It doesn’t matter. -You just sat there! | -这不重要 -你就在那里闲坐着 |
[10:51] | -Eugene… -You just let her go on with that! | -Eugene… -你就让她信口说谎 |
[10:53] | -I get my chance on cross… -You should’ve shut her down! | -我还有机会对她盘问… -你应该阻止她说下去 |
[10:55] | Eugene. You know she gets to tell her side. | Eugene 你知道她有权在庭上说话 |
[10:57] | You know I had to let her. | 你知道我不能打断她 |
[10:58] | She knows my values. | 她知道我的价值观 |
[10:59] | She knows I don’t honour the people I defend | 她知道我并不认同我所辩护的那些人 |
[11:01] | and she knows Kendall knows that. | 她也知道Kendall能理解 |
[11:03] | Taggert probably told her to come on strong. | Taggert可能告诉她表现强硬一点 |
[11:06] | Like I said, these kinds of fights | 我已经说过 在这样的案子上 |
[11:07] | you don’t win by holding back. | 你如果有所保留的话 一定会输 |
[11:10] | Eugene. Now it’s my turn. | Eugene 现在到我上场了 |
[11:14] | I don’t wanna hold back. | 我不想有所保留 |
[11:16] | Anything you got her that I can use, | 任何我能够利用的有关她的事情 |
[11:18] | now is the time to tell me. | 你现在就该告诉我 |
[11:21] | I’m friends with Sharon, | Sharon也是我的朋友 |
[11:22] | I don’t wanna go after her, | 我也不想在庭上折磨她 |
[11:23] | but if you want your son back. | 但是如果你想留住你的儿子 |
[11:29] | I have no real choice. | 我没有别的选择 |
[11:34] | And you have to help me. | 而且你一定要配合我 |
[11:50] | How long was it, | 从你所说的Randy上车 |
[11:52] | from the time Randy allegedly got in the car | 一直到你下车 |
[11:54] | to the time you got out? | 间隔了多长时间 |
[11:55] | It seemed like forever, | 我感觉时间非常久 |
[11:56] | but it was probably no more than a couple minutes. | 但是也许实际上只有几分钟 |
[11:58] | So, you only had a couple of minutes | 这么说 你只有几分钟的时间 |
[12:01] | to reveal the personal details | 来叙述自己的私人生活细节 |
[12:03] | that you hoped would spare your life. | 希望以此挽救自己的性命 |
[12:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:06] | And the details you chose to reveal were of course, | 当然 你告诉他的那些生活细节 |
[12:09] | the ones that you thought would generate the most sympathy. | 是你觉得最能够引起他的同情心的内容 |
[12:13] | I guess so, yes. | 我想是这样的 |
[12:14] | You told him you had a settlement coming from a car accident. | 你告诉他你因为车祸得到了一笔赔偿 |
[12:17] | That you broke up with your last boyfriend | 说你跟你的上个男朋友分手了 |
[12:19] | because you discovered | 因为你发现 |
[12:20] | he was seeing one of your friends. | 他跟你的另一个朋友搞在一起 |
[12:21] | And you have allergies. | 还说你有过敏症 |
[12:23] | I probably did. | 我也许是说过 |
[12:26] | Your favourite movie is Braveheart. | 你最喜欢的电影是《勇敢的心》 |
[12:29] | And you told him you lost your virginity in a car. | 你还告诉他你的第一次是在车里 |
[12:32] | You tell him that? | 你说过吗 |
[12:33] | I honestly don’t remember everything I said. | 我确实不记得我说过的每句话 |
[12:36] | I was scared. I was just rambling on. | 我很害怕 我只是信口乱说 |
[12:38] | Are those things true? | 这些都是事实吗 |
[12:44] | If you’re not sure, | 如果你拿不准 |
[12:46] | we can always verify them with your insurance company, | 你随时可以跟你的保险公司 |
[12:49] | your friends and your doctor. | 你的朋友 还有你的医生确认 |
[12:51] | A lot of it is true. | 大部分都是事实 |
[12:52] | I was trying to talk to him about my life, | 我当时是想跟他谈谈我的私人生活 |
[12:54] | make him feel like he knew me. | 让他觉得他好像了解我 |
[13:00] | What I did was fax a demand letter, | 我给他们发了一封律师函 |
[13:02] | plus a draft of motion for injunctive relief, | 起草了一份申请法庭禁令的申请书 |
[13:05] | which we can bring before a judge at any time. | 我们随时可以提交给法官 |
[13:07] | It did succeed in getting their attention. | 现在已经引起了他们的重视 |
[13:10] | Which means… | 所以… |
[13:11] | Dr Fairby, your boss and his lawyer | Fairby医生 你的老板和他的律师 |
[13:13] | are coming for a meeting. | 稍后会来跟我们见面 |
[13:14] | I suspect they could be offering | 我觉得他们可能不会 |
[13:16] | to modify your settlement. | 改变之前的解雇决定 |
[13:17] | Well, that isn’t what I… | 呃 那不是我想要… |
[13:23] | I really want my job back. | 我真的想要回我的工作 |
[13:26] | Okay then, I’ll take a shot. | 那好 我试试看 |
[13:29] | Thank you, Ms Washington. | 谢谢 Washington小姐 |
[13:31] | Ok, I’ll…I’ll call you right after the meeting. | 好的 我…会谈结束我马上给你打电话 |
[13:37] | I saw you snickering. | 我看到你在偷笑 |
[13:38] | -I wasn’t laughing, I…. -It’s a palsy, Jimmy. | -我没有笑 我… -他神经麻痹 Jimmy |
[13:40] | Real funny. | 有那么好笑吗 |
[13:44] | You’re the one with the primary physical custody right now, | 就目前而言 行使主要监护权的人是你 |
[13:46] | aren’t you, Sharon? | 对吧 Sharon |
[13:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:48] | You’re the one spending the most time with Kendall. | Kendall大部分时间是跟你呆在一起 |
[13:51] | Possibly you share some blame for his problems, | 可能你也应该为他的问题承担部分责任 |
[13:53] | or is that just impossible? | 你觉得有这个可能吗 |
[13:54] | I lived with Eugene for nine years. | 我跟Eugene共同生活了九年 |
[13:56] | I know where the blame goes. | 我知道问题出在哪里 |
[13:58] | Plan B, I know that too. | B计划 我也知道是怎么回事 |
[14:00] | Plan B? | B计划? |
[14:01] | What’s that got to do with Eugene’s parenting? | 这跟Eugene作为父亲的角色有什么关系 |
[14:02] | It’s got to do with Kendall always bragging | 关系在于 Kendall总是喜欢炫耀 |
[14:04] | that his dad can get anybody off. | 他的爸爸能帮任何人脱罪 |
[14:06] | He’s a bad parent for the way | 就因为他为当事人辩护的策略 |
[14:07] | he defends his clients? | 所以他是个坏父亲? |
[14:08] | He’s a bad influence when it comes to | 在教给他责任感方面 |
[14:10] | teaching him accountability. | 他发挥了坏的影响 |
[14:12] | What about you | 而你作为主要的监护人 |
[14:13] | as a primary caretaker, | 拒绝承担任何责任 |
[14:13] | refusing to accept any responsibility? | 这又是怎样的影响 |
[14:16] | What message on accountability does that send? | 他从中能学到怎样的责任感 |
[14:18] | I’m accepting responsibility to | 我在努力让我儿子的生活 |
[14:20] | set my son’s life back on course. | 回到正常轨道 这就是我的责任感 |
[14:22] | I’m taking the steps necessary to see | 我是在采取必要的手段 |
[14:24] | that he’s raised with the right values. | 他在正确价值观的指引下成长 |
[14:27] | So, your concern in all this is | 所以 你最关心的是 |
[14:29] | that Kendall learn the right values. | Kendall学会正确的价值观 |
[14:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:32] | And you don’t think that Eugene | 你觉得Eugene没有教给 |
[14:34] | is teaching those values to Kendall? | Kendall正确的价值观? |
[14:35] | No. I don’t. | 是的 我觉得没有 |
[14:37] | And values, | 所谓价值观 |
[14:38] | that’s the one of the reasons you got divorced. | 也是你们离婚的原因之一 |
[14:39] | Your difference of opinion on values. | 你们有不同的价值观 |
[14:47] | You had an affair, didn’t you, Sharon? | 你有过婚外情 对吧 Sharon |
[14:49] | That was four years ago… | 那是四年以前… |
[14:51] | How long did that affair last? | 这次婚外情持续了多久 |
[14:52] | Objection, your honour. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[14:53] | What relevance is an event that happened… | 四年以前的事情跟案子有什么关系… |
[14:54] | Excuse me, but this witness is saying that | 抱歉 但是这位证人说 |
[14:56] | my client’s character is deficient, | 我的当事人的品格存在缺陷 |
[14:58] | and that his son gleaned these deficiencies. | 说他的儿子学到了这些缺陷 |
[15:00] | I should be allowed to question the petitioner on her character. | 我应该有权利质疑她自己的品格 |
[15:05] | I’ll allow it. Answer the question. | 反对无效 请回答问题 |
[15:08] | The affair lasted about two months. | 大概维持了两个月 |
[15:11] | And during the affair, on more than a few occasions, | 在婚外情期间 不止一次地 |
[15:13] | you told Eugene that you were having dinner | 你告诉Eugene说你跟朋友去吃饭 |
[15:15] | with a girlfriend or you were working late, | 或者说你在加班 |
[15:17] | when in fact you were seeing this man, | 但实际上你却跟这个男人在一起 |
[15:18] | isn’t that right? | 是这样吗 |
[15:19] | It was wrong, I know that. But… | 我做错了 我知道 但是… |
[15:21] | You were lying to him. | 你对他撒谎 |
[15:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:24] | And did Kendall know you were lying to his father? | Kendall知道你对他父亲撒谎吗 |
[15:26] | What kind of influence… | 这又是怎样的影响… |
[15:27] | Kendall never found out about either the affair or… | Kendall一直不知道婚外情的事 也不知道… |
[15:29] | So, your son still doesn’t know the truth. | 所以 你儿子现在都不知道真相 |
[15:31] | The deception lives on. | 你还在继续欺骗他 |
[15:32] | Objection. | 反对 |
[15:32] | Withdrawn. The man you were seeing was married, right? | 收回 那个男人是个有妇之夫 对吧 |
[15:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:35] | What kind of values does that teach your son, Sharon? | 这会教给你儿子怎样的价值观 Sharon |
[15:38] | What kind of values does he get | 从母亲的背叛和通奸当中 |
[15:39] | from a mother’s infidelity and adultery… | 他会学到怎样的价值观 |
[15:41] | Objection. | 反对 |
[15:42] | Sustained. Move on. | 反对有效 下一个问题 |
[15:44] | You complain about Eugene’s job. | 你对Eugene的工作多有抱怨 |
[15:47] | You ever once ask him to quit his job? | 你有没有要他辞职 |
[15:49] | I knew he would never… | 我知道他不可能… |
[15:50] | The question was | 我的问题是 |
[15:51] | did you ever ask him to quit, yes or no? | 你有没有让他辞职 有还是没有 |
[15:53] | No, that doesn’t mean… | 没有 但是这并不表示… |
[15:54] | You ever urge him to demand to be made partner? That ever happen? | 你曾经劝他要求当合伙人 有这回事吗 |
[15:57] | Yes. | 有 |
[15:58] | So this world he lives in, | 他所生活的这个世界 |
[16:00] | which you so object to, | 你如此厌恶的世界 |
[16:01] | you wanted him to become a partner in it. | 你却希望他成为合伙人 |
[16:05] | You get alimony, don’t you, Sharon? | 他要向你付生活费 是吗 Sharon |
[16:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:08] | You make money off this world, | 你从这个世界里赚钱 |
[16:09] | you urge him to go for partner | 你劝他成为合伙人 |
[16:11] | and now you cite that world | 结果现在你以这个世界 |
[16:13] | as ground for parental unfitness. | 作为他不是称职父亲的理由 |
[16:15] | Is hypocrisy a value you pass on to Kendall? | 莫非虚伪也是你教给Kendall的价值观吗 |
[16:17] | -Objection. -Overruled. | -反对 -反对无效 |
[16:18] | Best interest of the child, Sharon. | 最符合孩子利益原则 Sharon |
[16:20] | Does that include infidelity, lying, hypocrisy… | 难道包括背叛 撒谎 虚伪… |
[16:22] | -Objection. -Mr Donnell… | -反对 -Donnell先生… |
[16:24] | After you drew this conclusion | 当你下定结论 |
[16:25] | that Eugene’s job wasn’t good for Kendall, | 认为Eugene的工作对Kendall不好 |
[16:27] | did you go to Eugene and say | 你有没有去找Eugene 跟他说 |
[16:28] | ‘hey, what do we do about this?’ | 嘿 我们该怎么解决这个问题 |
[16:29] | or did you just move for full custody? | 或者是直接就起诉要求全部的监护权 |
[16:31] | He’s not going to change. | 他不会做任何改变的 |
[16:33] | You just filed for full custody | 你一句话都没有跟他谈 |
[16:34] | without so much as a conversation, | 就起诉要求全部的监护权 |
[16:36] | didn’t you, Sharon? | 是不是 Sharon |
[16:37] | Don’t you think it could be | 你难道不觉得从对Kendall |
[16:38] | in Kendall’s interest | 最有利的角度考虑 |
[16:39] | to try to work things out with his dad | 应该和他的父亲协商解决问题 |
[16:40] | before ripping him away… | 而不是把他抢走… |
[16:41] | He’s badgering her. | 他在扰乱证人 |
[16:42] | Didn’t Eugene deserve that much? | 难道Eugene连这点权利也没有吗 |
[16:44] | -A conversation? -Your honour. | -你就不能跟他谈谈? -法官阁下 |
[16:46] | Didn’t Kendall deserve that much? | 难道Kendall连这点权利也没有吗 |
[16:48] | He’s not going to change! | 他不会改变的 |
[17:22] | I love Jerry, | 我喜欢Jerry |
[17:24] | And he’s a good psychologist, | 他确实是个好的心理医生 |
[17:25] | but if he can’t connect with patients… | 但是如果他不能得到病人的信任… |
[17:28] | What evidence do you have that he can’t? | 你凭什么说他不能得到病人的信任 |
[17:29] | Look… | 是这样的… |
[17:30] | Have his patients left him | 自从他的眼睛出了问题之后 |
[17:31] | since he established this condition? | 有病人离开他去找别的医生吗 |
[17:33] | Some have… | 有一些… |
[17:33] | But most haven’t. | 但大部分都没有 |
[17:34] | The problem is, | 问题在于 |
[17:36] | I need doctors who can help build our clinic. | 我需要医生帮我扩大诊所的业务 |
[17:39] | He’s unable to bring in new business. | 他没办法接到新的业务 |
[17:41] | You effectively discharged him for a medical condition. | 你实质上是因为他有疾病就把他解雇了 |
[17:45] | No. The discharge was predicated on the inability | 不对 解雇他的理由在于 |
[17:47] | to perform the functions of the job. | 他没有能力履行工作职责 |
[17:51] | What if he wears dark glasses? | 如果他戴上墨镜呢 |
[17:53] | How would you feel about a therapist | 如果你连某个医生的眼睛都看不到 |
[17:54] | where you can’t even see his eyes? | 你会愿意接受他的治疗吗 |
[17:56] | I’d deal with it. | 我可以接受 |
[17:58] | Look, part of the job is cultivating new clientele. | 他的工作职责之一即是发展新的客户 |
[18:01] | Jerry is unable to do this. | Jerry做不到这一点 |
[18:03] | Look, I like the guy. | 说真的 我蛮喜欢他 |
[18:05] | I wouldn’t do this if I didn’t have to. | 如果不是迫不得已 我不会这么做的 |
[18:10] | I’d seen Lynette Hayes around. | 我当时看到Lynette Hayes在旁边 |
[18:12] | And, uh, I’d always wanted to meet her. | 其实 我一直想认识她 |
[18:14] | I saw her walking across the street looking into some store window. | 我看到她过马路 向商店的橱窗打量 |
[18:19] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[18:21] | I thought ‘what the hell’. | 我心想 管他呢 |
[18:23] | So I crossed over and I went to say hello. | 于是我走过去 跟她打了声招呼 |
[18:26] | And what happened? | 然后发生了什么 |
[18:28] | I put a light hit on her, she seemed receptive, | 我跟她调笑了几句 她显得并不排斥 |
[18:30] | so we just started talking. | 于是我们就开始聊天 |
[18:32] | How long were the two of you talking out there on the street? | 你们俩在马路上聊了多久 |
[18:37] | Few minutes. | 几分钟 |
[18:39] | Then we started walking. | 然后我们开始散步 |
[18:40] | We got to where she was parked and then | 我们走到她停车的地方 然后 |
[18:43] | we were just leaning against her car, | 我们斜靠在她的车上 |
[18:45] | talking some more. | 继续聊了一会 |
[18:48] | Did the two of you get inside the car? | 你们俩后来上车没有 |
[18:50] | Yeah. We were getting kinda cold standing outside. | 有 我们站在外面发觉有点冷 |
[18:54] | She asked me did I wanna get in. | 她问我要不要上车 |
[18:56] | What happened once the two of you were in the car? | 你们俩上车之后发生了什么 |
[18:59] | She ran the heater for a while | 她把空调打开吹了一会 |
[19:01] | and we listened to some music. | 我们听了会音乐 |
[19:02] | Then we fooled around. | 然后我们开始亲热 |
[19:05] | So after just meeting you, | 你是说她刚刚认识你之后 |
[19:07] | she found you so irresistible, | 她觉得你如此地令人无法抗拒 |
[19:09] | she just had to have you. | 所以她一定要占有你 |
[19:11] | I guess so. | 我想是这样 |
[19:12] | Then you made such a favourable impression | 接着你给她留下了光彩夺目的印象 |
[19:14] | she just gave you her car? | 以至于她把自己的车给了你 |
[19:16] | No, she loaned it to me. | 没有 她是借给我用的 |
[19:19] | I had lost track of time | 我当时搞忘了时间 |
[19:21] | and I was really late for a job interview | 我本来要到城那边参加一个面试 |
[19:24] | that I had across town. | 结果我要迟到了 |
[19:26] | The job was really important to me | 这份工作对我来说非常重要 |
[19:27] | and it was too late for me to catch a bus. | 我当时赶公交车就肯定来不及了 |
[19:30] | So, instead of offering to drive you herself, | 于是 她没有提出自己开车送你去 |
[19:33] | she just gave her car | 而是把她的车交给了 |
[19:34] | to a complete stranger? | 一个素不相识的陌生人 |
[19:36] | Well, we weren’t total strangers at that point. | 呃 那时候我们已经不完全是陌生人了 |
[19:39] | And anyway, she had some things she needed to get done, | 而且 她自己也有事情要办 |
[19:42] | and so I was supposed to meet her back there | 本来我们说好了 |
[19:44] | at that street at five o’clock. | 五点钟我把车开回那条街上还给她 |
[19:46] | But you decided to keep the car instead. | 但是你改变主意 决定把车留下 |
[19:49] | I got lost trying to find the warehouse across town | 我在城那边迷了路 找不到那个仓库 |
[19:53] | where I was supposed to meet with this guy | 我本来是要在那里跟那个 |
[19:55] | in shipping and receiving. | 管收货和发货的人见面 |
[19:56] | Anyway, by the time I got back, she was gone. | 反正 我回来的时候 她已经走了 |
[19:59] | So you figured free car. | 于是你觉得白捡了一部车 |
[20:01] | No. I didn’t have her phone number | 不是 我不知道她的电话号码 |
[20:05] | or her last name. | 也不知道她姓什么 |
[20:07] | I was searching for her registration | 于是我就查找她的登记信息 |
[20:09] | and that’s when the police arrested me. | 这时候警察就把我逮捕了 |
[20:13] | That’s the truth. | 我说的都是事实 |
[20:24] | Still love me? | 还把我当朋友吗 |
[20:26] | She started it. I know that. | 是她挑起来的 我知道 |
[20:28] | And she’s not finished, Eugene. | 而且她还没完 Eugene |
[20:31] | Tomorrow morning, you’re on that stand. | 明天上午 你会上庭作证 |
[20:33] | They’ll be coming after you. | 他们会咬着你不放 |
[20:36] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[20:37] | You can’t lose control. | 你不能在庭上失控 |
[20:39] | You can’t seem erratic or volatile. | 你不能表现得脾气古怪 情绪暴躁 |
[20:42] | You have to remain calm in that chair. | 你一定要在证人席上保持镇定 |
[20:45] | It’s a little easier said than done. | 说起来容易做起来难 |
[20:48] | You’ll do it because of the stakes. | 你一定要镇静 因为后果很严重 |
[20:52] | You’ll do it. | 你一定要镇静 |
[20:56] | I can’t figure out how this happened. | 我真的不知道事情怎么会这样 |
[20:59] | Custody battles, divorce. | 争夺监护权 离婚 |
[21:02] | I know how it can turn into a runaway hate, | 我知道这些事情会让两个人相互仇恨 |
[21:05] | but Sharon and me, we get along. | 但是Sharon和我 我们相处很好 |
[21:09] | We still love each other. | 我们仍然彼此相爱 |
[21:10] | I know we both love Kendall. | 我知道我们都爱着Kendall |
[21:17] | How’d this happen? | 怎么会这样 |
[21:30] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[21:33] | Well, I guess my radar. | 呃 我感觉不太对 |
[21:36] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[21:37] | Lynette, I could be way off, | Lynette 也许是我瞎猜 |
[21:39] | but I get a gut feeling with witnesses, | 但是我对证人有一种直觉 |
[21:42] | and after listening to Randy Strunk’s testimony, | 在听了Randy Strunk的证词之后 |
[21:45] | it had a believable ring to it. | 我觉得有一定的可信度 |
[21:47] | You’re not serious. | 你不是说真的吧 |
[21:49] | There’s just a couple of things that don’t exactly make sense. | 因为的确有几个问题从道理上说不通 |
[21:52] | I mean, after he took the car, | 比如 在他拿了车之后 |
[21:53] | he then returned to the same area. | 他又回到之前的那个地方 |
[21:55] | He didn’t change the plates, | 他没有换掉车牌号码 |
[21:58] | he acted like an innocent person. | 他的举止显得并不像是个偷车的人 |
[21:59] | Why would I say he just stole my car? | 我为什么要编造说他偷了车呢 |
[22:03] | Is it possible you thought he did it | 有没有可能是因为他没有在约定时间回来 |
[22:05] | when he didn’t come back soon enough? | 所以你以为他把车偷走了 |
[22:06] | No. He car-jacked me. | 不是 是他抢走的 |
[22:13] | Mr and Mrs Hayes, | Hayes先生 Hayes太太 |
[22:15] | could you just excuse us for a second? | 能不能让我单独跟她说几句 |
[22:16] | No. What’s this about? | 不行 这是怎么回事 |
[22:18] | I need to speak with your daughter in private. Please. | 我需要单独跟你女儿说几句 拜托 |
[22:38] | Lynette. If you are making this up, | Lynette 如果这些是你编造的 |
[22:42] | a man is facing jail. | 这个人会进监狱 |
[22:43] | I’m not making this up. | 我没有编造 |
[22:45] | He car-jacked you. | 他抢了你的车 |
[22:46] | Yes. | 是 |
[22:49] | Look, I know it was your father who reported this to the police. | 我知道是你父亲向警方报的案 |
[22:52] | Are you just sticking to the story you gave him? | 你是不是只是在坚持你告诉他的说法 |
[22:54] | No. It’s the truth. | 不是 我说的是事实 |
[23:03] | If anything, Kendall needs to | 要说该怎么做 Kendall应该 |
[23:04] | spend more time with me, not less. | 多花点时间跟我在一起 而不是更少 |
[23:06] | How did Kendall get those drugs? | Kendall从哪里得到的那些毒品 |
[23:08] | He got them from someone who works for a former client of mine. | 是我以前的一个当事人的手下给他的 |
[23:12] | It was an unfortunate coincidence. | 这是个挺不幸的巧合 |
[23:14] | Did you ever introduce Kendall | 你有没有把Kendall |
[23:16] | to this former client of yours? | 介绍给你以前的这个当事人 |
[23:17] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[23:18] | Have you in any way conveyed to Kendall | 你有没有以任何方式告诉Kendall |
[23:20] | that it was okay to take or sell drugs? | 接受或者贩卖毒品是正当的 |
[23:22] | No. | 没有 |
[23:23] | Why do you think your ex-wife blames you | 你觉得你的前妻为什么会把 |
[23:25] | for Kendall’s problems? | Kendall的问题怪到你的头上 |
[23:27] | Sharon has always had | Sharon对我的职业始终有 |
[23:29] | ideological problems with my job. | 一种认识上的偏见 |
[23:30] | I think when this arrest happened, | 我觉得当Kendall被逮捕的时候 |
[23:32] | it hit a lot of nerves and fears. | 她因此感到紧张和害怕 |
[23:34] | I also think she blames the faliure | 我还觉得她把我们婚姻的失败 |
[23:36] | of our marriage on my job. | 也归咎于我的工作 |
[23:38] | She’s reliving a lot of that anger, I guess. | 她是在借此发泄她的这种愤怒 我觉得 |
[23:41] | Can you understand that? | 你对此能理解吗 |
[23:42] | I can understand her fear. | 我能理解她的害怕 |
[23:44] | When Kendall got arrested, I was afraid too. | 当Kendall被逮捕的时候 我也很怕 |
[23:46] | I also got angry. | 而且我很生气 |
[23:48] | But I do not understand her punishing me. | 但是我不能理解她要惩罚我 |
[23:51] | And I certainly don’t understand her punishing Kendall. | 我更不能理解她会惩罚Kendall |
[23:54] | And that’s what you’re doing, Sharon. | 你这是在惩罚Kendall Sharon |
[23:59] | Your son got arrested for possessing drugs. | 你儿子因为持有毒品被逮捕 |
[24:01] | Drugs that he bought off of one of your clients. | 而这些毒品是你的当事人卖给他的 |
[24:03] | That was a coincidence, as I said. | 这是个巧合 我已经说过了 |
[24:05] | Your lawyer, Ms Frutt. | 你的律师 Frutt小姐 |
[24:07] | She was recently arrested on | 她自己前不久也因为 |
[24:09] | drug charges herself, wasn’t she? | 毒品犯罪指控被逮捕 不是吗 |
[24:11] | Those charges were dismissed, | 这些指控都被驳回了 |
[24:12] | she was set up by the police. | 她是被警方陷害的 |
[24:13] | That’s exactly what Kendall said | 在你问他毒品为什么会在他的储物柜里的时候 |
[24:15] | when you asked him how the drugs ended up in his locker, isn’t it? | Kendall也正是这么说的 不是吗 |
[24:18] | Except in Ellenor’s case, it was true. | 在Ellenor的案子里 她的确是被陷害的 |
[24:20] | A client dropped a bag of what was thought to | 某个当事人扔了一包看起来像是 |
[24:21] | be drugs on Ms Frutt’s desk. | 毒品的东西在Frutt小姐的桌子上 |
[24:23] | That’s right. | 是这样 |
[24:24] | And when asked who the drugs belonged to, | 当警方问她这些毒品是谁的 |
[24:26] | Ms Frutt responded ‘I don’t know’, | Frutt小姐回答说 我不知道 |
[24:29] | didn’t she? | 是不是 |
[24:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:30] | But she knew where the drugs came from, | 但是她明明知道这些毒品是怎么来的 |
[24:32] | didn’t she? | 不是吗 |
[24:33] | As lawyers, we have a duty not to betray our client’s… | 作为律师 我们有义务不背叛当事人… |
[24:35] | So, Ms Frutt did the right thing by lying? | 所以 Frutt小姐撒谎是正确的? |
[24:38] | In that context, it wasn’t lying. | 在当时的情况下 不算是撒谎 |
[24:41] | It was telling the truth? | 那难道是说实话? |
[24:42] | No. | 不是 |
[24:43] | Which was it? | 到底是怎样 |
[24:43] | It was protecting our client, | 她是在保护我们的当事人 |
[24:44] | which as you well know | 你自己也明白 |
[24:45] | we have an ethical obligation to do. | 这是我们的职业操守要求我们承担的责任 |
[24:47] | Yes. | 是 |
[24:48] | Did you sit down | 你有没有坐下来 |
[24:49] | and explain that to your son, Mr Young? | 跟你儿子解释这回事 Young先生 |
[24:51] | Kendall knows about our duties. | Kendall知道我们的职责 |
[24:52] | We have these talks… | 我们经常说起… |
[24:53] | I’m not talking in general. | 我不是问你一般的情况 |
[24:54] | I’m referring to that specific occasion | 我指的是在这一个具体的事件中 |
[24:56] | after he witnessed Ellenor Frutt lying to the police. | 当他亲眼目睹Ellenor向警察撒谎之后 |
[24:59] | Did you sit down and explain the situation to him? | 你有没有坐下来向他解释这是怎么回事 |
[25:02] | Not that time, no. | 这一次没有 没有 |
[25:03] | Can you honestly say that you have taught Kendall | 你能不能诚实地说你教给了Kendall分辨 |
[25:06] | right from wrong, truth from lie? | 对与错 真实与谎言 |
[25:08] | I have never ever encouraged my son | 我从来 从来没有鼓励我儿子 |
[25:11] | to break the law or to lie. | 违反法律或者撒谎 |
[25:17] | My dad says that if you get caught, | 我爸说如果你被抓了 |
[25:18] | never admit to anything. | 永远不要承认任何事情 |
[25:20] | even to your lawyer, | 即使是对你的律师 |
[25:20] | because they’ll be stuck with whatever you tell ’em. | 因为他们会被你所说的牵绊住 |
[25:29] | I never told him that. | 我从来没有教过他这个 |
[25:31] | Is that the truth, or a justifiable lie? | 你说的是事实 还是正当的谎言呢 |
[25:34] | Objection. | 反对 |
[25:35] | Kendall knows what I do for a living, Mr Taggert. | Kendall知道我所从事的职业 Taggert先生 |
[25:37] | Yes, in fact he spends | 是的 事实上 |
[25:38] | a lot of time at your office, doesn’t he? | 他经常在你们办公室呆着 对吧 |
[25:40] | Until this happened. | 直到这件事发生之后 |
[25:41] | He was right there when the police charged in with their guns, | 当警方全副武装地冲进你们办公室 |
[25:44] | arresting Ellenor Frutt. | 逮捕Ellenor Frutt的时候 |
[25:46] | He was even in the line of fire, wasn’t he? | 他甚至都在火力范围之内 是不是 |
[25:47] | You know that wasn’t a common occurrence. | 你知道这种情况不会经常发生的 |
[25:49] | On average, how many waking hours a week | 平均来说 一个星期里面 |
[25:53] | do you spend with | 在睡觉和工作之外 |
[25:54] | your son outside the office? | 你花多少时间跟你儿子在一起 |
[25:55] | I work a lot of hours. | 我每天工作到很晚 |
[25:57] | that’s why he’s with me at work. | 所以他才会跟我一起呆在办公室 |
[25:59] | And that’s his exposure to you, isn’t it? | 这就是你在他眼里的形象 对不对 |
[26:01] | Eugene Young, the lawyer. | Eugene Young 律师 |
[26:02] | And father. And father! | 也是父亲 也是父亲 |
[26:04] | Father at work. | 工作中的父亲 |
[26:08] | Reference was made earlier to Plan B. | 之前在法庭上提到过”B计划” |
[26:10] | What is that? | 是什么意思 |
[26:11] | It’s a defence strategy. | 是一种辩护策略 |
[26:12] | More specifically it means | 具体而言 它的意思是 |
[26:14] | accusing someone in open court | 在法庭上公开指控某人 |
[26:15] | of committing the crime. | 是真正的杀人凶手 |
[26:17] | Basically. | 差不多 |
[26:18] | According to recent court transcripts, | 根据最近的法庭审理记录 |
[26:20] | you accused a brother of beheading his sister | 你指控弟弟砍掉了亲姐姐的头 |
[26:22] | even though you didn’t believe that he was really involved | 哪怕你内心并不相信 |
[26:24] | that he was really involved in the death. Correct? | 他跟姐姐的死有什么关联 对吗 |
[26:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:27] | Ever sit down and talk to Kendall | 有没有坐下来跟Kendall解释 |
[26:29] | about why you do these things in court? | 你为什么要在法庭上这么做 |
[26:32] | Yes. I have. | 有 我解释过 |
[26:34] | Ever been booked on assault, Mr Young? | 有没有因为伤害罪被立案 Young先生 |
[26:37] | Once. The charge was dropped. | 有一次 指控随后被撤销了 |
[26:38] | You got mad at one of your clients | 你的当事人鸡奸了两个男孩 |
[26:40] | who sodomized two young boys. | 你控制不住自己对他的愤怒 |
[26:42] | You beat him up in open court, right? | 你在法庭上把他打了一顿 对吗 |
[26:44] | Objection. This has no relevance. | 反对 这与本案没有关系 |
[26:45] | Everything is fair game. You made that clear. | 任何事情都可以拿来质疑 你自己说的 |
[26:47] | All right. | 行了 |
[26:49] | I’ll give you a little latitude, Mr Taggert. | 我给你一点发挥的空间 Taggert先生 |
[26:53] | When this case was filed you were under court order | 在本案开始的时候 法庭就发布了禁令 |
[26:56] | not to discuss the merits of it with your son, Kendall. | 禁止你跟你儿子Kendall讨论案件的情况 |
[26:59] | Is that right, sir? | 是这样吗 先生 |
[26:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:00] | You talked to him about it two nights ago? | 两天之前的晚上你跟他谈过案子? |
[27:02] | He was confused as to what was going on. | 他很困惑 不明白发生了什么事 |
[27:04] | You basically tell him that his mother was wrong? | 你是不是告诉他 他妈妈做得不对 |
[27:06] | I told him | 我告诉他 |
[27:07] | we disagreed as to what was best. | 我们对于爱他的方式存在分歧 |
[27:10] | Well, would it surprise you | 如果他回家之后觉得 |
[27:11] | if he went home | 你认为他妈妈做得不对 |
[27:12] | with the idea that you thought she was wrong? | 你会感到很惊讶吗 |
[27:13] | The night before the hearing you violate a court order, | 在听证之前的晚上 你违反法庭命令 |
[27:16] | position your son on your version of the merits. | 向你儿子灌输你自己对案件的看法 |
[27:22] | Are these the good footsteps for a son to step in? | 这就是你给你儿子树立的良好榜样吗 |
[27:31] | He’s being fired for a medical condition. | 他是因为患了疾病被解雇的 |
[27:33] | That’s contrary to law. | 这样做是违法的 |
[27:35] | He’s being terminated for | 他被解雇的原因是 |
[27:36] | an inability to perform the functions of… | 他没有能力履行他的职责… |
[27:38] | Appearance is not a function. | 外貌与能力无关 |
[27:40] | He has six-nerve palsy brought on by a head trauma. | 他患有因头部创伤引起的神经麻痹 |
[27:43] | And there’s no… | 没有任何… |
[27:43] | Well, I don’t know much about psychology, counsel. | 我对心理学了解不太多 律师 |
[27:46] | But I do suspect that | 但是我觉得 |
[27:48] | if I were to go see a therapist to unearth my troubles, | 如果我需要找心理医生来帮我解决问题 |
[27:51] | it wouldn’t help to have him look back at me cross-eyed. | 我可不想这个医生用一双斗鸡眼看着我 |
[27:54] | And that is bigotry. | 这是歧视 |
[27:56] | So, he looks different. In time… | 没错 他跟别人不一样 但是… |
[27:58] | Would you step up here, Mr Plath. Dr Plath? | 请你站上来好吗 Plath先生 Plath医生 |
[28:04] | Ok, I’m looking to get an idea. | 这样吧 我想体会一下是什么感觉 |
[28:07] | Um, my mother-in-law’s got, uh, delirium. | 嗯 如果我的岳母患了..呃..谵妄 |
[28:10] | Tell us what that is. | 跟我们解释一下这种病症 |
[28:12] | Delirium is basically a disturbance of consciousness. | 所谓谵妄 是一种意识上的混乱 |
[28:15] | It can affect cognition, | 它会影响到人的认知 |
[28:16] | often manifested by reduced | 通常的表现形式是 |
[28:18] | clarity of awareness of the environment. | 对周围环境的理解能力下降 |
[28:20] | It can cause focus problems. | 可能导致不能集中精力 |
[28:22] | Attention deficit problems are common. | 注意力不充分的现象也很常见 |
[28:25] | The person is frequently easily distracted by irrelevant stimuli. | 病人经常容易被无关的信息所干扰 |
[28:31] | And it’s often difficult to engage in | 通常还难以与人进行 |
[28:34] | long sustained periods of conversation. | 长时间连续的谈话 |
[28:37] | There’s also disorientation as to time… | 此外还有对于时间观念的紊乱… |
[28:39] | I’m sorry. I’m upholding the discharge. | 对不起 我维持解雇的决定 |
[28:42] | Your honour… | 法官阁下 |
[28:42] | Ms Washington, this may not seem fair, | Washington小姐 这看起来或许不公平 |
[28:45] | but it’s, it’s tough to take him seriously. | 但是我很难 很难严肃地听他说话 |
[28:47] | You can’t penalise him for something he can’t control! | 你不能因为他控制不了的东西而惩罚他 |
[28:49] | Nor should I penalise them | 我同样也不能惩罚他们 |
[28:52] | Dr Plath, you may be an excellent doctor, | Plath医生 你或许是个优秀的医生 |
[28:55] | but medicine is business these days too. | 但是如今的医疗行业也成了生意 |
[28:58] | And under the adage | 俗话说得好 |
[28:59] | you only get one chance to make a first impression, | 你只有一次机会留下好的第一印象 |
[29:02] | I have to sympathise with the defendant as well. | 我同样必须对被告有所同情 |
[29:05] | This isn’t fair. | 这不公平 |
[29:06] | And your problem, young lady, | 你的问题就在这里 姑娘 |
[29:07] | is that you think justice is fair, mmm mmm. | 你以为正义就等于公平 |
[29:13] | I’m not a big fan of ex-party. | 我一向不喜欢单方接触 |
[29:15] | What’s the mystery? | 什么事这么神秘 |
[29:18] | I’m not sure if I have good faith | 我拿不准我自己是不是真的 |
[29:20] | belief in the defendant’s guilt anymore. | 确信被告是有罪的 |
[29:22] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:24] | I guess it comes down to creditability. | 我想主要是取决于当事人的可信度 |
[29:26] | My gut tells me | 我的直觉告诉我 |
[29:28] | she fed her father the story, | 她编了这个故事骗她父亲 |
[29:29] | he insisted on the arrest | 他坚持要报警逮捕他 |
[29:30] | and she’s cornered. | 她就这样被牵进来了 |
[29:32] | What have you got to support this? | 你对此有什么证据吗 |
[29:34] | Just listening to their testimony. | 只要听听他们的证词就知道 |
[29:35] | I think I believe him. | 我觉得他比较可信 |
[29:38] | So what? You’re not the jury. | 那又怎样 你又不是陪审团 |
[29:40] | Still, if a DA doesn’t have a good faith belief… | 不管怎样 如果检察官内心并不确信… |
[29:42] | It may affect your bringing the charges, | 那或许会影响你考虑是否起诉 |
[29:44] | but your weighing the testimony | 但是你现在对双方证词的判断 |
[29:46] | is irrelevant. Come on. | 与案件无关 就这样 |
[29:47] | And if I brought a motion to dismiss? | 如果我提起动议要求宣布无效审判呢 |
[29:50] | Forget it. | 休想 |
[29:52] | And don’t tank your closing, either. | 而且结案陈词的时候也别敷衍了事 |
[29:54] | Defence attorneys aren’t the only ones | 辩护律师并不是唯一在法庭上 |
[29:57] | with obligations in that room. | 负有义务的人 |
[30:05] | Why’d you do this, Sharon? | 你为什么要这么做 Sharon |
[30:06] | Here you go. | 你又来了 |
[30:07] | Disobeying another court order. | 你又一次违反法庭命令 |
[30:08] | We’re not supposed to talk about this outside… | 我们不能在法庭之外谈论这个案子 |
[30:16] | Why’d you do this? | 你为什么这么做 |
[30:24] | I know you love him. | 我知道你爱他 |
[30:29] | But I also know I’m losing him. | 但是我也知道我正在失去他 |
[30:34] | If it were to you, Eugene, | 如果他是离开我而走近你 Eugene |
[30:36] | I could deal with it. | 我能够接受 |
[30:37] | But I’m losing him to something that… | 但是他是离开我而投向… |
[30:43] | He’s a good kid becoming a bad kid. | 他是个好孩子 却正在变坏 |
[30:49] | You don’t see that. | 你没有看到这一点 |
[30:50] | Either because you don’t want to, | 要么是因为你不想看到 |
[30:53] | or you can’t. | 要么是因为你看不到 |
[31:03] | Do you really think he’s better | 你真的觉得 |
[31:12] | cut off from me? | 他离开我对他最好吗 |
[31:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:43] | This isn’t about who’s a better person. | 我们要关心的不是谁的品格更好 |
[31:45] | Or who loves Kendall more. | 也不是谁更爱Kendall |
[31:47] | It’s what’s in the boy’s best interests. | 而是怎样做最符合孩子的利益 |
[31:49] | We’ve listened to the guardian, **. | 我们听了监护人的证词 |
[31:52] | somebody who is neutral, | 她的立场是中立的 |
[31:53] | linking Kendall’s problems | 她把Kendall的问题 |
[31:55] | to his contact with his father. | 归因于与他父亲的联系 |
[31:57] | A boy losing an ability to distinguish right from wrong. | 这个孩子失去了分辨对错的能力 |
[32:00] | We all saw that tape. | 我们都看到了那盘录影带 |
[32:02] | An eleven year old boy versed on the how-to’s of drug dealing. | 一个十一岁的孩子熟练地说着怎样贩毒 |
[32:07] | Who in this room wasn’t horrified? | 法庭上的我们谁不感到恐惧呢 |
[32:09] | Eugene Young was sued for | Eugene Young在公开的法庭上 |
[32:11] | intentional infliction of emotional distress | 指控弟弟杀害了自己的亲姐姐 |
[32:13] | when in open court he accused a brother of killing his own sister. | 他承认连他自己也不相信这个指控 |
[32:17] | An allegation he admittedly didn’t really believe. | 并因此被起诉故意施加精神伤害 |
[32:21] | And in defence of Eugene Young, | 在为Eugene Young辩护的时候 |
[32:23] | his colleague, Jimmy Berluti, | 他的同事Jimmy Berluti |
[32:26] | described him as being in extreme denial. | 说他极其不愿面对自己 |
[32:29] | A man struggling to survive what he does for a living. | 他在自己据以谋生的职业中挣扎生存 |
[32:34] | That struggle is affecting Kendall. | 而这种挣扎影响到了Kendall |
[32:38] | We’re not asking for punishment | 我们并不要求对他进行惩罚 |
[32:40] | or that it be permanent, | 剥夺监护权也不是永久的 |
[32:41] | but for now | 但是就目前而言 |
[32:43] | we have to follow Dr Morrison’s recommendation | 我们必须听从Morrison医生的建议 |
[32:46] | and appoint Sharon Young as full custodian. | 赋予Sharon Young完全的监护权 |
[32:51] | In the end, | 归根结底 |
[32:52] | it’s not about a mother or a father, | 这个案子不是关于母亲或者父亲 |
[32:55] | it’s about the welfare of an eleven year old boy, | 而是关于一个十一岁男孩的利益 |
[32:58] | who very clearly needs help. | 他迫切地需要帮助 |
[33:08] | We see young kids in this room every day | 每一天 我们都会在法庭上 |
[33:10] | arrested for drugs. | 看到因为涉毒被逮捕的孩子 |
[33:12] | We don’t take them away from their parents, | 但是我们不会把他们从父母身边带走 |
[33:14] | just the opposite. | 刚好相反 |
[33:16] | The courts usually plead for the parents to step in. | 法庭通常会要求父母来介入 |
[33:19] | That’s exactly what Eugene Young would like to do. | 这正是Eugene Young想要做的 |
[33:22] | This is a huge overreaction | 这个案子是对一件不良行为的 |
[33:25] | to a bad event. | 严重过度反应 |
[33:26] | There is nothing, | 没有证据 |
[33:27] | nothing to even suggest any parental unfitness. | 没有一丁点证据证明父母不称职 |
[33:31] | Mr Taggert quoted Jimmy Berluti’s | Taggert先生引用了Jimmy Berluti的 |
[33:34] | closing argument as evidence. | 结案陈词作为证据 |
[33:35] | Well, he left out the part of the summation | 但是 他没有提及在这个结案陈词中 |
[33:37] | where Mr Berluti referred to Eugene Young | Berluti先生把Eugene Young称为 |
[33:39] | as deeply honourable, dignified, a hero. | 无比的正直 高贵 是个英雄 |
[33:48] | I second that. | 我也同意 |
[33:54] | So do you, Sharon. | 你也是 Sharon |
[33:59] | There is nobody, | 没有人 |
[34:01] | nobody who has walked through these doors | 没有任何人在法庭上 |
[34:03] | with more honour, | 比坐在那里的那位先生 |
[34:05] | more dignity and morality than the man sitting over there. | 更加正直 更加高贵 更有道德感 |
[34:24] | If you recant, | 如果你改变证词 |
[34:25] | I promise there will be no perjury charges. | 我保证不会起诉你作伪证 |
[34:27] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[34:29] | Lynette, I’m just saying if you did make this up… | Lynette 我的意思是如果你真的编造了… |
[34:31] | It’s bad enough that the defence attorney attacks me, | 我被辩护律师攻击就已经够糟的了 |
[34:34] | now the DA goes after me too? | 现在连检察官也不放过我? |
[34:37] | He car-jacked me. He did. | 他抢了我的车 真的 |
[34:45] | Randy Strunck Randy Strunck, | |
[34:46] | well, he’s gotta be the luckiest man in the world. | 啊 他一定是世界上最幸运的人 |
[34:49] | He meets a very attractive woman who, | 他遇到一个非常漂亮的女人 |
[34:52] | even though she’s a complete stranger, | 尽管他们俩素不相识 |
[34:54] | just can’t help herself and agrees to | 这个女人却情不自禁 |
[34:57] | fool around with him in her car. | 请他上车跟他亲热 |
[34:59] | Then, well, she generously gifts him with her car. | 然后 嗯 她慷慨地把自己的车给了他 |
[35:05] | That happens every day, doesn’t it? | 这样的事情每天都在发生 不是吗 |
[35:08] | Randy isn’t lucky, ladies and gentlemen. | Randy并不是运气好 女士们先生们 |
[35:11] | He’s just careful. | 他只是很谨慎 |
[35:13] | He chose his victim. | 他选准了受害人 |
[35:15] | He chose the time. | 他选准了时机 |
[35:16] | He chose a location where there would be no eyewitnesses. | 他挑了个不会有目击证人的地方 |
[35:20] | Randy chose every single detail of the attack | Randy精心挑选犯罪的每一个细节 |
[35:24] | to work to his advantage. | 尽可能对自己有利 |
[35:26] | And after he got caught | 而当他被逮捕之后 |
[35:29] | He, along with his attorney, | 他跟他的律师一道 |
[35:32] | chose the strategy of putting the victim on trial. | 决定在法庭上对受害人提出质疑 |
[35:37] | He said she said, | 他是一种说法 她是另一种说法 |
[35:39] | it was reasonable doubt. | 构成合理怀疑 |
[35:40] | Go ahead. Put him back out there. | 随便 判他无罪释放好了 |
[35:44] | Just don’t forget to lock your car doors. | 但是别忘了锁好你们的车门 |
[35:49] | My definition of the luckiest man in the world | 按我的理解 世界上最幸运的人 |
[35:51] | wouldn’t be an innocent man | 不会是一个无辜的人 |
[35:53] | convicted for a crime he didn’t do. | 因为与他无关的犯罪被判有罪 |
[35:55] | Here’s a flash. | 我告诉你们 |
[35:57] | Sometimes the defendant actually is the victim of false charges. | 有时候被告的确会遭到错误的指控 |
[36:03] | Maybe she thought he stood her up. | 也许她觉得他放了她的鸽子 |
[36:06] | Or duped her. | 或者耍了她 |
[36:07] | Or maybe he wasn’t really coming back with her car. | 或者觉得他不会把她的车开回来 |
[36:10] | I don’t know | 我不知道当她告诉她的父亲 |
[36:12] | what was in her mind | 是怎么回事的时候 |
[36:13] | when she told her father what happened. | 心里是怎么想的 |
[36:16] | But she wasn’t car-jacked. | 但是她的车并没有被抢 |
[36:18] | No bruises, no physical signs of anything violent. | 没有伤痕 没有任何暴力的痕迹 |
[36:25] | She wasn’t car-jacked. | 她没有被抢 |
[36:28] | This case reminds me of a question we used to have | 这个案子让我想起小时候 |
[36:32] | on tests in school when I was growing up. | 在学校考试中会遇到的一个问题 |
[36:34] | Orange, apple, pear, hammer. | 桔子 苹果 梨 锤子 |
[36:39] | Which one doesn ‘t fit? | 哪一个是不同类的 |
[36:42] | Here, according to Lynette Hayes, | 本案中 根据Lynette Hayes的说法 |
[36:45] | we have an attacker with a knife | 有人持刀攻击了她 |
[36:46] | who took her car. | 抢走了她的车 |
[36:48] | Who also happens to know about | 这个抢车的人碰巧也知道 |
[36:50] | her past relationship with an ex-boyfriend, | 她跟前任男友之间的关系 |
[36:52] | among other things. | 以及其他的事情 |
[36:54] | These are the things you tell someone | 这些事情你只会告诉一个有私人交往的人 |
[36:56] | you have a personal relationship with, however brief. | 不管交往的时间有多短 |
[37:00] | Not an attacker. | 不会告诉劫匪 |
[37:04] | Something doesn’t fit. | 总有个说法不合理 |
[37:14] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:15] | You tried. Should I appeal? | 你已经尽力了 我应该上诉吗 |
[37:21] | Sit. | 坐吧 |
[37:26] | We could appeal, | 我们可以上诉 |
[37:27] | but I don’t think we’d win. | 但是我觉得上诉也打不赢 |
[37:30] | You’re not in what we call a suspect class | 你并不属于所谓的”容易被歧视的群体” |
[37:33] | and there’s no special protection for people with… | 而且也没有专门的保护措施来保护… |
[37:35] | Funny faces. | 长相奇怪的人 |
[37:40] | So, you’re not recommending that we keep going with this case? | 这么说 你不建议我们继续打这个案子 |
[37:45] | No. | 是的 |
[37:50] | Well, thank you for your time, Ms Washington. | 谢谢你费心了 Washington小姐 |
[37:55] | I wish I could’ve been more help. | 我本来希望争取到更好的结果 |
[37:58] | Well, I appreciate your not laughing, anyway. | 至少你没有取笑我 我已经很感激了 |
[38:01] | Good day. | 祝你愉快 |
[38:04] | Goodbye, Mr Plath. | 再见 Plath先生 |
[38:16] | Between all the back and forth, | 在双方所有的争辩当中 |
[38:18] | the one piece of evidence that stands out most | 最引人注意的一份证据就是 |
[38:22] | is that you didn’t try. | 你并没有尝试过 |
[38:24] | The boy was arrested, the court papers were filed. | 这个孩子被逮捕 被起诉到法院 |
[38:27] | The fact that you didn’t first try, Ms Young, | Young太太 你并没有先尝试一下 |
[38:30] | to work something out | 协商解决问题 |
[38:31] | that tells me that | 所以我觉得 |
[38:32] | you were leading with fear and anger, | 你是被害怕和愤怒冲昏了头脑 |
[38:34] | not necessarily Kendall’s interests. | 而没有考虑到Kendall的利益 |
[38:37] | That isn’t true. | 不是这样的 |
[38:38] | Well, I’m not satisfied that | 我并不认为你已经穷尽了 |
[38:40] | you’ve exhausted every possible remedy. | 所有可能的救济手段 |
[38:42] | Taking away a boy’s father, | 夺走一个孩子的父亲 |
[38:45] | that’s severe enough not to | 这是非常严厉的手段 |
[38:46] | be the first course of action. | 不应该作为解决问题的优先选择 |
[38:49] | So, I’m ordering you both to try again. | 因此 我命令你们两个一起尝试 |
[38:52] | If you fail, try again. | 如果解决不了 再尝试一次 |
[38:55] | Then, maybe come to me. | 然后 你们再来找我 |
[38:57] | Mr Young, I am tempted to restrain your son | Young先生 我倾向于禁止你的儿子 |
[39:01] | from coming to your office, | 去你的办公室 |
[39:03] | but I’m not there yet. | 但我现在还不准备这么做 |
[39:04] | We seem to have | 在我看来 |
[39:05] | two intelligent and loving parents here, | 你们是一对智慧又有爱心的父母 |
[39:08] | so let’s put some of that intelligence and love to work. | 所以你们要充分发挥你们的智慧和爱心 |
[39:12] | For God’s sake, this is not about you. | 看在上帝份上 这不是你们两个的事 |
[39:15] | This is about your son. | 这是你们的儿子的事 |
[39:18] | the petition to modify custody is denied. | 本庭驳回关于变更监护权的请求 |
[39:37] | Will the defendant please rise? | 被告请起立 |
[39:42] | Madame Foreperson, the jury has reached a verdict? | 首席陪审员女士 陪审团做出判决了吗 |
[39:45] | We have, your honour. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[39:48] | Commonwealth versus Randy Strunck, | 马萨诸塞州诉Randy Strunck |
[39:50] | on the charge of assault and confinement | 涉嫌以伤害和非法监禁的手段 |
[39:53] | for the purpose of stealing a motor vehicle while armed, | 持械抢劫机动车的罪名 |
[39:57] | we find the defendant, Randy Strunck, | 我们判决被告 Randy Strunck |
[40:00] | guilty. | 有罪 |
[40:04] | The jury is dismissed with the thanks of the court. | 陪审团解散 法庭感谢你们 |
[40:07] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[40:14] | Good job. Thank you. | 你很棒 谢谢 |
[40:29] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[40:56] | He ready? | 他准备好了没 |
[40:58] | Not quite. | 还没有 |
[41:01] | I’ll wait. | 那我等一会吧 |
[41:19] | Hey, Dad! | 嘿 老爸 |
[41:20] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[41:22] | Just be a couple minutes. | 再等几分钟就好 |
[41:25] | Alright almost done. | 马上就做完了 |
[41:29] | How many tablespoons of water | 用汤匙向一个一加仑的容器 |
[41:30] | does it take | 加水至四分之三 |
[41:31] | to fill a gallon container three quarters full? | 一共要加多少匙 |
[41:34] | Who’d use a tablespoon to fill a gallons container? | 谁会用汤匙向一加仑的容器加水 |
[41:37] | Someone with too much time on their hands. | 有太多时间没事情干的闲人 |
[41:39] | How many tablespoons equal an ounce? | 一盎司等于几汤匙 |
[41:41] | Two. | 两匙 |
[41:41] | Okay. Figure it out. | 好 把它算出来 |
[41:46] | 192 One hundred and ninety-two. | |
[41:48] | Good. Last one. | 很好 最后一题 |