| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:00] | Obviously, shock waves are | 很显然 这一事件给 | 
| [00:02] | running through the entire community | 整个社区带来了极大的震动 | 
| [00:03] | as well as profound grief. | 同时也引起了深切的悲痛 | 
| [00:05] | Sister Caroline Oaks was a beloved, | Caroline Oaks修女是一位 | 
| [00:07] | beloved member of the church. | 备受爱戴的教友 | 
| [00:09] | Preliminary reports say | 初步调查报告显示 | 
| [00:11] | she was stabbed more than thirty times | 她被捅了三十几刀 | 
| [00:13] | Oh, can you believe it? | 唉 这个案子居然摊在我手上 | 
| [00:15] | Just what I need. | 这下可好 | 
| [00:16] | Helen, it’s a compliment. | Helen 这是表示对你的器重 | 
| [00:17] | High profile case, | 这么受人瞩目的案子 | 
| [00:18] | you get the assignment, that’s… | 他们让你来负责 那是… | 
| [00:19] | Too high profile! | 太受人瞩目了 | 
| [00:21] | I don’t need that kind of pressure. | 我受不了这种压力 | 
| [00:22] | It makes my face break out. | 快要让我崩溃了 | 
| [00:23] | The police were actually responding to | 当时是另一位被绑架的受害者 | 
| [00:25] | the calls from another kidnap victim, | Cynthia Simonson报警求救 | 
| [00:26] | Cynthia Simonson, | 警察于是赶到现场救援 | 
| [00:27] | when they found the nun’s body in a closet | 结果却在壁橱里发现了修女的尸体 | 
| [00:30] | Unconfirmed reports indicate… | 未经证实的消息称… | 
| [00:32] | The arraignment’s when? | 传讯是什么时候 | 
| [00:32] | Nine o’clock. | 九点钟 | 
| [00:33] | Maybe I’ll stop by on my way and watch. | 或许我可以顺路去看看 | 
| [00:34] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [00:35] | Coz it’s high profile | 因为这是个万众瞩目的案子 | 
| [00:36] | and I wanna be there for your first pimple. | 而且我想见证你成长的第一步 | 
| [00:38] | Haha. Funny. | 哈哈 很好笑 | 
| [00:38] | This is big stuff, Helen. | 这是个大案子 Helen | 
| [00:40] | They must consider you their go-to DA. | 他们一定觉得你是最棒的检察官 | 
| [00:42] | -It’s a compliment. -Yeah, yeah, yeah. | -这是对你的器重 -是呀 是呀 | 
| [01:42] | -There he is. -That’s him. | -他出来了 -就是他 | 
| [01:44] | Case number 32654. | 案号32654 | 
| [01:46] | Commonwealth versus Michael Kingston, | 马萨诸塞州诉Michael Kingston | 
| [01:48] | murder in the first degree. | 一级谋杀 | 
| [01:54] | Quiet down. | 肃静 | 
| [01:57] | I said, quiet! | 再说一遍 肃静 | 
| [01:58] | Anybody who disrupts this room will be removed, | 任何扰乱法庭秩序的人将被逐出法庭 | 
| [02:00] | possibly to a jail cell. | 严重者会被判监禁 | 
| [02:02] | I don’t think you want to test me. | 我相信你们没有人想以身试法 | 
| [02:04] | Joseph Mapp for the defendant, your honour, | Joseph Mapp为被告辩护 法官阁下 | 
| [02:06] | we’ll waive reading. | 我们放弃宣读权利 | 
| [02:07] | Helen Gamble for the Commonwealth. | Helen Gamble负责检控 | 
| [02:09] | We’d obviously oppose bail. | 我们当然反对保释 | 
| [02:10] | Okay, let’s conference, | 好吧 我们商议一下 | 
| [02:12] | we can set the trial date then. | 我们可以确定一个开庭日期 | 
| [02:17] | Counsel, I have great respect for the public defenders | 律师 我非常尊重公设辩护律师 | 
| [02:21] | as well as your work in particular, | 尤其是你本人的专业能力 | 
| [02:22] | but, given the magnitude of scrutiny | 但是 考虑到这个案子 | 
| [02:24] | this case is likely to generate, | 调查取证的强度可能会非常大 | 
| [02:26] | together with the limits on your office’s resources | 而贵所能够动用的资源有限 | 
| [02:31] | Ms Dole, would you step up, please? | Dole小姐 请你上来好吗 | 
| [02:36] | Ms Dole, did you hear me? | Dole小姐 你听到了吗 | 
| [02:37] | Would you please come forward? | 可以请你到前面来吗 | 
| [02:39] | I hope you’re not thinking of… | 我希望你不是在想… | 
| [02:40] | You win. Congratulations. | 猜对了 恭喜你 | 
| [02:42] | Your honour | 法官阁下 | 
| [02:43] | Get together with the DA. | 和地方检察官碰头 | 
| [02:44] | Let’s conference as soon as possible. | 让我们尽快确定开庭时间 | 
| [02:46] | Your honour, I regretfully have to decline. | 法官阁下 我只能很遗憾的谢绝您 | 
| [02:48] | My schedule… | 我的时间… | 
| [02:48] | Counsel, this wasn’t a request. | 律师 我不是在征求你的意见 | 
| [02:51] | It’s your case. | 这个案子是你的了 | 
| [02:52] | Next. | 下一个 | 
| [02:52] | Case number 32655. People versus Nathan. | 案号32655 马萨诸塞州诉Nathan | 
| [02:59] | Can she really make me do this? | 她真的有权利强迫我接这个案子吗 | 
| [03:01] | She can’t make me. | 她不能这样 | 
| [03:01] | Can she, can she make me? | 她能这样吗 她能这样做吗 | 
| [03:02] | Where is she? | 她在哪呢 | 
| [03:03] | Chambers. | 办公室 | 
| [03:04] | C’mon. | 来吧 | 
| [03:06] | Oh, come on. You love these cases. | 噢 别扯了 你们最喜欢这类案件 | 
| [03:08] | Granted, it doesn’t involve a chopped off head, | 虽然其中没有人被砍头 | 
| [03:11] | but still… | 但是仍然… | 
| [03:11] | We don’t want this one. | 我们不想接这个案子 | 
| [03:13] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [03:14] | You know why. | 你知道为什么 | 
| [03:15] | Well, then humour me. | 说来听听 | 
| [03:16] | The victim is a nun. Stabbed thirty times. | 受害人是个修女 被捅了三十几刀 | 
| [03:19] | This kind of crime… | 这样的罪行… | 
| [03:20] | The stigma will run to the lawyers | 公众的厌恶会波及到律师身上 | 
| [03:22] | defending the psycho who… | 为这种变态辩护… | 
| [03:23] | Again, I keep going back to the client | 那么 我一再想起你们的那个当事人 | 
| [03:26] | who cut off the girl’s head. | 他把女孩的头砍掉了 | 
| [03:27] | You defended him | 你们照样为他辩护 | 
| [03:28] | He was innocent! | 他是无辜的 | 
| [03:29] | To the public he wasn’t! | 对于公众来说 他不是无辜的 | 
| [03:31] | So, you face the same stigma there, Bobby. | 所以 你现在面对的是同样的公众压力 Bobby | 
| [03:33] | Which is why we don’t need to be the lawyers on this one. | 正因为这样 我们更不应该接这个案子 | 
| [03:37] | Plus, the District Attorney is my roommate. | 而且 地区检察官是我的室友 | 
| [03:39] | That’s grounds for disqualification right there. | 仅凭这个理由就足以取消我的辩护资格 | 
| [03:41] | Not if the judge is convinced | 如果法官确信你们能够克服潜在的冲突 | 
| [03:42] | you’ll rise above the potential conflict, | 由你来辩护就没有问题 | 
| [03:44] | which I am. | 而我恰好就确信 | 
| [03:45] | Helen Gamble is also an ex-girlfriend of mine | Helen Gamble也是我的前女友 | 
| [03:48] | You’ve tried cases against her before | 你以前也和她打过对手 | 
| [03:50] | Your honour | 法官阁下 | 
| [03:51] | Bobby, if I were to recuse you every time | Bobby 如果你每次和对方律师上过床 | 
| [03:54] | you slept with the other side | 我都要求你回避的话… | 
| [03:56] | Hey. | 嘿 | 
| [03:56] | There’s already a lynch mob | 现在的公众舆论已经有一种 | 
| [03:58] | mentality out there, | 群情激奋的暴民倾向 | 
| [03:59] | you can see that. | 你们也看到了 | 
| [04:01] | I need to ensure he gets a legitimate | 我需要确保他得到了正当的 | 
| [04:03] | and zealous defense. | 积极的辩护 | 
| [04:04] | You people fight for murderers better than anybody. | 你们为谋杀犯辩护比谁都强 | 
| [04:07] | You can’t force us to take this case. | 你不能强迫我们接这个案子 | 
| [04:09] | Of course I can. | 我当然能 | 
| [04:10] | It’s exactly what I’m doing. | 我现在就在强迫你们 | 
| [04:12] | Go defend him! | 去给他辩护 | 
| [04:18] | I got him down to straight probation. | 我说服检察官给你缓刑了 | 
| [04:20] | I think we should jump. | 我觉得我们应该接受 | 
| [04:21] | But, Jimmy, if I take any guilty finding, | 但是Jimmy 如果我接受任何有罪判决 | 
| [04:25] | I lose my job. | 我会丢掉我的工作 | 
| [04:26] | I’ve got a morals clause which says | 我的合同里有一条道德条款 | 
| [04:27] | any criminal conviction | 我不能被判刑事犯罪 | 
| [04:29] | Maybe we could talk to your boss. | 或许我们可以和你的老板谈谈 | 
| [04:31] | He can’t waive it, no. | 他不会开绿灯的 不会的 | 
| [04:32] | There’s a precedent. | 以前有过先例 | 
| [04:33] | This is a company with thirty-two thousand employees. | 这是一家有着32000名员工的公司 | 
| [04:36] | This isn’t fair, this isn’t fair! | 这不公平 这不公平 | 
| [04:38] | Mr Burrows, it’s not like you didn’t commit the crime. | Burrows先生 你确确实实是犯了罪的 | 
| [04:41] | You offered the woman money. | 你付了钱给那个女人 | 
| [04:42] | But I never would have. | 但是我本不可能这么做的 | 
| [04:44] | I am sitting in a bar, | 我当时坐在酒吧里 | 
| [04:45] | I am minding my own business | 想着自己的事情 | 
| [04:46] | and she came up to me. | 然后她找上了我 | 
| [04:50] | We’re gonna go with entrapment. | 我们会以”钓鱼执法”辩护 | 
| [04:51] | Is there any chance we could win? | 我们有机会胜诉吗 | 
| [04:53] | Yes. | 有 | 
| [04:55] | But not a good one. | 但不是很大 | 
| [04:59] | Miss Washington, | Washington小姐 | 
| [05:00] | it isn’t exactly like my life has a lot of dimension. | 我的生活中并没有太多的路可以选择 | 
| [05:03] | I have a job, | 我有一份工作 | 
| [05:05] | which I’ve put in sixteen years at. | 我为它付出了十六年的心血 | 
| [05:08] | I’ve been a complete company man, | 我已经彻底是公司的人 | 
| [05:10] | and they say I can stay on, | 而且他们说我可以一直干下去 | 
| [05:11] | but not if I have a guilty finding. | 但是一旦被判有罪就得走人 | 
| [05:15] | I wanna roll the dice, Jimmy | 我想要赌一把 Jimmy | 
| [05:19] | This is bad. | 这很糟糕 | 
| [05:20] | What can I tell you? | 我能说什么呢 | 
| [05:21] | First of all, if this thing goes to trial | 首先 如果这个案子上庭审理 | 
| [05:22] | we lose a fortune. | 我们得损失一笔钱 | 
| [05:23] | The court order fees are minimal. | 法庭指定的案子费用很低 | 
| [05:25] | I don’t care about the money. | 我不关心钱的事 | 
| [05:26] | Then what’s the panic, then? | 那你担心的是什么呢 | 
| [05:27] | We’ve done nasty cases before. | 我们以前也做过令人反感的案子 | 
| [05:28] | This was a nun, Eugene, | 受害者是个修女 Eugene | 
| [05:29] | stabbed repeatedly. | 被捅了几十刀 | 
| [05:31] | I understand, | 我明白 | 
| [05:31] | but we’ve defended child killers. | 但是我们以前也为杀小孩的人辩护过 | 
| [05:33] | Are you upset on religious grounds? | 你是因为宗教因素而感到不安吗 | 
| [05:34] | Have you been watching the news? | 你看过新闻没有 | 
| [05:36] | Look, we could bring a motion before a different judge, | 我们可以向其他法官提出动议 | 
| [05:38] | try to get out of it | 设法推掉这个案子 | 
| [05:39] | Arguing what? | 理由是什么 | 
| [05:39] | Hardship. | 没有能力辩护 | 
| [05:40] | That we’re too overloaded to take… | 我们案子太多 不能再接… | 
| [05:41] | That won’t fly. Look. | 那行不通的 听着 | 
| [05:45] | Look, we’ve been assigned the case, | 听着 这个案子已经被指定给了我们 | 
| [05:47] | so we do the job. | 我们只能接受 | 
| [05:48] | Lindsay, meet the client. | Lindsay 去见当事人 | 
| [05:49] | Oh great. | 噢 太好了 | 
| [05:50] | Ellenor, I want you to draft up a motion | Ellenor 我要你来起草一份动议 | 
| [05:51] | for a gag order. | 申请法庭禁止发表言论 | 
| [05:52] | No doubt Helen will be trying this case | Helen无疑会利用一切可能的机会 | 
| [05:54] | in the media every chance she gets. | 在媒体上争取公众的支持 | 
| [05:56] | You and Lindsay will try it, | 如果案件最后必须上庭的话 | 
| [05:56] | if it gets that far, | 由你和Linday来出庭 | 
| [05:57] | since we’re better off with women. | 因为女律师效果会好些 | 
| [05:58] | I’m moving out of criminal, remember? | 我正在退出刑事辩护 你不记得了? | 
| [06:00] | Never mind. Eugene, | 不行 Eugene | 
| [06:01] | I’d like you to do a memorandum on changing venue. | 你来做一个变更管辖权的申请书 | 
| [06:04] | We need to try and move this thing out of Boston. | 我们得尽量把这个案子移出波士顿 | 
| [06:05] | How about LA? | 洛杉矶怎么样 | 
| [06:07] | Lucy, good. | Lucy 正好 | 
| [06:08] | All calls from the media, | 所有来自媒体的电话 | 
| [06:09] | we have no comment. | 我们一概无可奉告 | 
| [06:12] | It isn’t fair. | 这不公平 | 
| [06:12] | The guy is like this sad sac. | 他不过是个冒失的倒霉蛋 | 
| [06:14] | It was entrapment. | 这是钓鱼执法 | 
| [06:16] | What do you want from me, Jimmy? | 你想让我怎么做呢 Jimmy | 
| [06:17] | You know I would never ask a favour in a million years | 你知道我从来不为案子上的事情求人帮忙 | 
| [06:20] | that I thought was, you know, unethical | 你知道 我觉得那是缺乏职业道德的 | 
| [06:22] | I don’t know that, actually, but go ahead. | 我还真不知道 接着说吧 | 
| [06:25] | The guy is getting a bum shake. | 这个人遭受了一点打击 | 
| [06:27] | He’s worked hard in his job | 他在工作上很努力 | 
| [06:28] | and he’s about to lose it because | 但是却即将丢掉工作 | 
| [06:30] | some undercover cop | 就因为某个卧底警察 | 
| [06:31] | got him aroused and… | 勾起了他的性欲 然后… | 
| [06:33] | it’s vintage entrapment. | 这是典型的钓鱼执法 | 
| [06:35] | So, make the argument. | 你这套理由可以在法庭上说 | 
| [06:36] | I’d like to make it to you. | 我更希望对你说 | 
| [06:38] | Judge Cohen’s going on vacation. | Cohen法官正在度假 | 
| [06:41] | This thing will get transferred to one of six divisions, | 这个案子会交给剩下的六个法官之一 | 
| [06:44] | including yours. | 包括你 | 
| [06:45] | I know Mark Patsos, the clerk. | 我认识Mark Patsos 那个书记员 | 
| [06:48] | I’d like him to steer it your way. | 我希望他能把这个案子分到你手上 | 
| [06:49] | That wouldn’t be a good idea. | 那不是个好主意 | 
| [06:51] | I wouldn’t kick it. | 我不会驳回这个案子的 | 
| [06:52] | From where I stand, | 从我的角度来看 | 
| [06:54] | your client committed the crime, | 你的当事人确实犯罪了 | 
| [06:55] | and second, I don’t appreciate your even asking | 而且 你居然对我提出这种要求 | 
| [06:58] | what you’re asking. | 我不喜欢这样 | 
| [06:59] | It amounts to an exparte communication, | 这构成了单方面接触 | 
| [07:01] | it’s wrong and you know it! | 你明明知道这是错误的 | 
| [07:02] | I gotta a good guy here | 他是个好人 | 
| [07:03] | I don’t care. | 我不关心 | 
| [07:05] | Fine, forget it. Fine. | 好吧 算了吧 就这样 | 
| [07:08] | You’re angry now. | 你生气了 | 
| [07:09] | Just forget it. I gotta go | 就当我没说过好了 我得走了 | 
| [07:10] | Hey, Jimmy | 嘿 Jimmy | 
| [07:12] | I understand you wanna help your friend, | 我能理解你想帮你的朋友 | 
| [07:15] | but you have to understand that once I put on that robe, | 但是你也要理解 一旦我穿上法袍 | 
| [07:19] | I don’t play favourites for anybody. | 我就不能偏袒任何人 | 
| [07:24] | I thought I’d just take a shot. | 或许我只是想试探一下 | 
| [07:26] | Oh, I do like that. | 噢 我喜欢这样 | 
| [07:28] | You do take your shots. | 你的确喜欢试探 | 
| [07:32] | Say, why don’t you come back in a couple of hours? | 这样 你为什么不过几个小时再回来呢 | 
| [07:36] | When the robe is off? | 等我把法袍脱了 | 
| [07:52] | Hello, I’m Lindsay Dole. | 你好 我是Lindsay Dole | 
| [07:54] | I know. I was there at the arraignment, remember? | 我知道 聆讯的时候我也在场 记得吗 | 
| [07:57] | Yes, okay. | 记得 好吧 | 
| [07:59] | First of all, attorney client privilege, | 首先 律师-当事人保密特权 | 
| [08:02] | anything you say | 你说的任何事情 | 
| [08:03] | -obviously goes no further, so… -Yes | -都不会被泄露出去 所以… -知道 | 
| [08:04] | but you don’t want me to be too truthful | 但是你不想让我太诚实 | 
| [08:06] | in case I wanna testify. | 因为我有可能要出庭作证 | 
| [08:08] | We have to preserve you from lawyer ethic problems. | 我们不能让你陷入律师的职业伦理困境 | 
| [08:12] | All right | 好吧 | 
| [08:15] | Any thoughts on how a sliced up nun | 你知不知道被碎尸的修女 | 
| [08:17] | got in your apartment? | 为什么会出现在你的公寓里 | 
| [08:19] | I haven’t a clue. How’s that? | 我一无所知 这么说怎么样 | 
| [08:25] | This woman, Cynthia Simonson, | 这个女人 Cynthia Simonson | 
| [08:27] | who called the police. | 打电话报警的那个 | 
| [08:29] | Was she being held captive? | 她是被你绑架的吗 | 
| [08:31] | Shouldn’t you get to know a little bit about me, first? | 你是不是应该先多了解我一点 | 
| [08:33] | I mean, I’m sure a nice person | 我是说 像你这样一个好人 | 
| [08:35] | such as yourself has conflicts defending | 为我这么邪恶的人辩护 | 
| [08:37] | something so vile as me. | 内心一定很挣扎吧 | 
| [08:40] | I kind of stay emotionally neutral in my cases. | 我对我的案子保持情感中立 | 
| [08:43] | So, let’s just stick with the facts of the case. | 所以 让我们继续讨论案件事实 | 
| [08:47] | Let’s start with the | 我们先说基础罪名 | 
| [08:48] | underlying kidnap charge on the girl | 也就是绑架那个女孩子的指控 | 
| [08:51] | I didn’t kidnap her. | 我没有绑架她 | 
| [08:53] | She came back to my apartment willingly. | 她是自愿回到我的公寓 | 
| [08:55] | She just found herself locked in. | 她只是后来发现自己被锁在里面了 | 
| [08:58] | And that would be false imprisonment, by the way, | 而且顺便说一句 那是非法监禁 | 
| [09:00] | that’s a distinction from kidnapping. | 和绑架是有区别的 | 
| [09:02] | This isn’t your first case, is it? | 这不会是你的第一个案子吧 | 
| [09:04] | No, it isn’t. | 不是 | 
| [09:06] | Coz you got a little virgin thing going on. | 因为你身上有种处女的气质 | 
| [09:09] | Well, not that I don’t like it | 并不是说我不喜欢 | 
| [09:13] | Look. Mr Kingston | 听着 Kingston先生 | 
| [09:15] | you’re in jail right now | 你现在被关在监狱里 | 
| [09:16] | either because you killed somebody, | 要么是因为你杀了人 | 
| [09:18] | or somebody else played you for the perfect dupe. | 要么就是因为有人耍了你 | 
| [09:21] | Either way, I consider you pretty stupid. | 无论哪种情况 我都觉得你是个真正的蠢货 | 
| [09:23] | And if you think you’re going to intimidate me somehow, | 如果你以为这样就能吓唬得了我 | 
| [09:24] | we can just forget that | 我们可以跳过这一步 | 
| [09:25] | because I really don’t have the time. | 因为我真的没那个时间 | 
| [09:27] | I’m representing you | 我之所以给你辩护 | 
| [09:27] | because a judge ordered me to. | 是因为法官命令我这么做 | 
| [09:29] | And I will defend you as best I can, | 我会尽我所能地为你辩护 | 
| [09:31] | but don’t mistake my efforts for caring. | 但是千万不要误以为我关心你 | 
| [09:34] | You disgust me. | 你令我作呕 | 
| [09:39] | The reason he even knew her | 他之所以会认识她 | 
| [09:41] | is because she reached out to help him. | 正是因为她伸手去帮助他 | 
| [09:43] | How so? | 怎么说 | 
| [09:44] | He would show up at the church sometimes, | 他有时候会到教堂来 | 
| [09:46] | angry, despondent. | 显得暴躁 沮丧 | 
| [09:52] | One time, Caroline approached him. | 有一次 Caroline就去跟他说话 | 
| [09:55] | That was the thing about Caroline. | Caroline就是这样的人 | 
| [09:57] | She was there for everybody. | 她愿意帮助所有的人 | 
| [10:01] | Being there for him got her killed. | 结果帮助他却让自己惨遭杀害 | 
| [10:04] | Three nights ago, she went to see him? | 三天前的晚上 她见过他? | 
| [10:06] | Yes. She got a call from him. | 是的 他给她打了电话 | 
| [10:08] | And he asked if she could come visit him at his apartment. | 问她可不可以到他家里去一趟 | 
| [10:13] | She knew nothing about his criminal record | 她完全不知道他有犯罪前科 | 
| [10:16] | We told the police all this. | 这些我们全都跟警方说过了 | 
| [10:18] | I understand, | 我明白 | 
| [10:19] | but his lawyers are good | 但是他的律师很优秀 | 
| [10:21] | and they may take this to trial. | 他们可能会在审判中提到这些问题 | 
| [10:23] | I just don’t want to be surprised by anything. | 我只是想事先有所准备 以免措手不及 | 
| [10:26] | For example, they might even claim that | 比如说 他们可能甚至会提出 | 
| [10:29] | Mr Kingston and Sister Caroline | Kingston先生和Caroline修女 | 
| [10:31] | were having a physical relationship. | 有肉体关系 | 
| [10:33] | What? | 什么 | 
| [10:34] | Their job is to get him off. | 他们的职责是帮他脱罪 | 
| [10:36] | They’re not beneath arguing anything. | 他们不会放过任何可能的疑点 | 
| [10:38] | Caroline wasn’t having any physical relationship. | Caroline没有和任何人发生肉体关系 | 
| [10:42] | If that’s gonna be their legal strategy, | 如果这就是他们的辩护策略 | 
| [10:44] | good luck to them. | 那祝他们好运 | 
| [10:45] | They got the wrong nun. | 他们找错人了 | 
| [10:46] | She went there | 她到他家里去 | 
| [10:48] | to help a man she thought was in need. | 是想帮助一个她认为需要帮助的人 | 
| [10:51] | Miss Gamble, | Gamble小姐 | 
| [10:52] | you are going to put this man in jail, aren’t you? | 你会把那个人送进监狱的 对吧 | 
| [10:56] | Yes. I’m definitely gonna do that. | 是的 我一定会的 | 
| [11:07] | This woman, Cynthia Simonson, | 这个女子 Cynthia Simonson | 
| [11:09] | you say you didn’t kidnap her. | 你说你没有绑架她 | 
| [11:10] | I met her in a bar in Kenmore Square. | 我在Kenmore广场的一个酒吧认识她 | 
| [11:13] | She left with me. Happily. | 她自愿跟我走的 高高兴兴地 | 
| [11:16] | She was at the bar with friends, ask them. | 她当时和她的朋友在一起 不信你问他们 | 
| [11:18] | And you came back to your apartment. | 然后你们回到了你的公寓 | 
| [11:20] | To play Scrabble. | 玩拼字游戏 | 
| [11:22] | We’re back to being cute now? | 你少跟我装可爱 | 
| [11:23] | She left with me to spend the night together. | 她跟我一起回去是要跟我共度良宵 | 
| [11:27] | Which we did. | 她的确在我那里过夜 | 
| [11:29] | Then why’d you keep her locked up inside? | 那你为什么把她反锁在屋里 | 
| [11:31] | I didn’t. | 我没有 | 
| [11:32] | I went out to get coffee in the morning | 那天早上我出去买杯咖啡 | 
| [11:34] | and I have a barred door and padlock. | 我的门是横闩门 还有挂锁 | 
| [11:36] | It’s the only way it locks. | 它只能从外面锁上 | 
| [11:37] | And the reason you have a barred door? | 那么你安横闩门的原因是? | 
| [11:39] | Safety. I don’t wanna get ripped off. | 为了安全 我可不想被偷 | 
| [11:43] | Plus which, I had a nun in my closet | 而且 我的壁橱里还有个修女 | 
| [11:45] | and I didn’t want people popping in. | 别人撞进来就不好了 | 
| [11:51] | You got your car here? | 你开车来没有 | 
| [11:52] | I walked. | 我走过来的 | 
| [11:53] | Well, you won’t be walking back. | 显然你已经走不回去了 | 
| [11:54] | We’ll get you to a cab. | 我们给你叫辆出租车 | 
| [11:55] | -You know where the back entrance is? -Yeah | -你知道后门在哪儿吗 -知道 | 
| [11:57] | Well, use it next time. | 好 下次来的时候走后门 | 
| [11:58] | Back off! | 让开 | 
| [12:00] | Why me? Why always me? | 为什么是我 为什么总是我 | 
| [12:02] | Well, it won’t be you from here on | 从现在开始 不会是你一个人了 | 
| [12:04] | And I’ll be with you every step. | 我会一直陪在你身边的 | 
| [12:05] | What about the supposed kidnapping of the college girl? | 那个据说被绑架的女大学生是什么情况 | 
| [12:08] | He said she went back to his place voluntarily. | 他说她是自愿跟他回去的 | 
| [12:10] | What difference does it make? | 是不是自愿的有什么区别呢 | 
| [12:11] | He carved up a nun. | 他可是把修女分尸 | 
| [12:12] | It may raise fourth amendment issues. | 可能会有第四修正案方面的争议 | 
| [12:14] | Do we have an address on her? | 我们有她的住址么 | 
| [12:15] | Yeah, it’s in my coat pocket. | 有 在我外套的口袋里 | 
| [12:16] | Probably soaked in yolk. | 不过可能被蛋黄给浸湿了 | 
| [12:17] | Ellenor, try to talk to this girl. | Ellenor 你去和这个女孩谈谈 | 
| [12:19] | Eugene, I guess we should try to make a contact to Dr Crane | Eugene 我想我们应该联系下Crane医生 | 
| [12:21] | in case we want to go with insanity. | 说不定我们要用精神失常来辩护 | 
| [12:23] | Dr Crane charges five grand. | Crane医生要价5000美元 | 
| [12:24] | This is court appointed. | 这是法庭指派的案子 | 
| [12:25] | The state will never authorise that kind | 州政府绝对不会同意这种… | 
| [12:26] | Just give him a call in case we want to go that route. | 先给他打个电话 以便有所准备 | 
| [12:28] | Given what he did, | 看看他做出来的事情 | 
| [12:29] | there’s gotta be a chance he’s insane. | 他很有可能就是精神失常 | 
| [12:31] | So, we’re going to the max for this psycho. | 看来 我们要为这个变态尽最大的努力了 | 
| [12:34] | Do we have a choice? | 我们还有别的选择么 | 
| [12:37] | We had a few drinks, talked. | 我们喝了几杯 聊了聊 | 
| [12:39] | And, at some point, officer, | 然后 在聊天的过程中 | 
| [12:40] | you told him you were a prostitute. | 你告诉他你是个妓女 | 
| [12:43] | I said I was a lady of the evening, yes. | 是的 我告诉他我是个”夜女郎” | 
| [12:45] | And how did Mr Burrows respond? | 那么Burrows先生的反应是怎样的 | 
| [12:47] | He was surprised at first. Maybe shocked. | 他一开始有点惊讶 或许很震惊 | 
| [12:49] | What happened next? | 那然后呢 | 
| [12:50] | We kept talking. | 我们继续聊天 | 
| [12:51] | I eventually asked him if he’d like to go upstairs to his hotel room. | 最后 我问他想不想上楼去他的酒店房间 | 
| [12:53] | He said yes. | 他说好的 | 
| [12:54] | Did you ever quote him a price? | 你有向他开价么 | 
| [12:56] | Four hundred dollars. | 400块 | 
| [12:57] | And then? | 然后呢 | 
| [12:59] | We went upstairs, he paid me the money, | 我们上了楼 他把钱付给我 | 
| [13:01] | at which point I told him I was an undercover police officer. | 这时候我告诉他我是卧底警察 | 
| [13:04] | I placed him under arrest, | 我逮捕了他 | 
| [13:05] | read him his rights and took him into custody. | 宣读了他的权利 然后就把他拘留起来了 | 
| [13:13] | Why were you working this bar undercover? | 你为什么在这家酒吧做卧底 | 
| [13:16] | Mainly because high price call girls work it. | 主要是因为有高级应召女郎在这里工作 | 
| [13:18] | It was a problem. | 这是在犯罪 | 
| [13:19] | And this is an upscale, hotel bar, | 这是一家高档的 酒店开办的酒吧 | 
| [13:21] | right, officer? | 对吗 警官 | 
| [13:21] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [13:22] | Lot of out of town business people frequent it, | 很多出差的商务人士经常光顾这里 | 
| [13:25] | including many law-abiding people, right? | 包括许多遵纪守法的人 对吗 | 
| [13:27] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [13:27] | In fact, mostly law-abiding, | 事实上 大部分都是遵纪守法的人 | 
| [13:29] | wouldn’t you say? | 可以这么说吗 | 
| [13:30] | Probably. | 差不多 | 
| [13:31] | And you weren’t out to sting | 你这次的任务并非特别针对 | 
| [13:32] | my client specifically, were you? | 我的当事人 对吧 | 
| [13:33] | No. | 不是 | 
| [13:34] | In fact, you didn’t even know who he was, | 事实上 当你坐下的时候 | 
| [13:36] | when you sat down. | 你根本不知道他是谁 | 
| [13:36] | No, I didn’t. | 是的 我不知道 | 
| [13:38] | And when you first sat down next to him, | 当你最开始坐在他旁边的时候 | 
| [13:39] | you told him you were an executive secretary, | 你告诉他你的工作是行政秘书 | 
| [13:41] | isn’t that right? | 是这样吗 | 
| [13:42] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [13:43] | How long were the two of you talking | 在你告诉他你是妓女之前 | 
| [13:44] | before you said you were a prostitute? | 你们聊了多久 | 
| [13:46] | Maybe an hour or so. | 一个小时左右 | 
| [13:47] | An hour or so. | 一个小时左右 | 
| [13:48] | So, for a while, he could’ve thought | 那么 在此期间 他可能会觉得 | 
| [13:51] | hey, this woman thinks I’m attractive. | 嗯 这个女人看上我了 | 
| [13:53] | Is that possible? | 有这个可能吗 | 
| [13:54] | I guess. | 我觉得有可能 | 
| [13:55] | You guess. | 你觉得有可能 | 
| [13:56] | Well, in fact, | 事实上 | 
| [13:57] | that was the idea, wasn’t it? | 你是故意给他造成这种印象的 不是吗 | 
| [14:00] | I suppose it was. | 我想是的 | 
| [14:01] | So, before you told him | 那么 在你告诉他 | 
| [14:03] | that you worked for hire, | 你可以提供有偿服务之前 | 
| [14:04] | do you think it was possible | 你觉得有没有可能 | 
| [14:06] | he was already hoping, maybe, | 他心里已经在想 | 
| [14:08] | something could happen upstairs in his hotel room? | 没准你们俩可以到他房间做点什么 | 
| [14:11] | I don’t know what he was thinking. | 我不知道他当时在想什么 | 
| [14:13] | Did you feel, sitting there, | 当你坐在那里 你是否觉得 | 
| [14:15] | he was physically attracted to you? | 他被你的外表所吸引呢 | 
| [14:17] | Yes, I did. | 是的 是这样 | 
| [14:18] | Your honour, I’d like to see her | 法官阁下 我想请她展示一下 | 
| [14:20] | as she was that night. | 她那天晚上的装扮 | 
| [14:21] | Objection. There’s no point. | 反对 没有关联性 | 
| [14:22] | It certainly goes to | 这显然与我们”钓鱼执法”的 | 
| [14:23] | our entrapment defence. | 辩护理由有关系 | 
| [14:24] | I agree. | 我同意 | 
| [14:26] | The court will be adjourned for one hour. | 法庭休庭一个小时 | 
| [14:29] | Life with parole, | 可假释的终身监禁 | 
| [14:30] | we both save ourselves a lot of aggravation. | 那样我们都会给自己省去很多麻烦 | 
| [14:32] | Are you out of your mind? | 你是不是脑子坏掉了 | 
| [14:34] | He could’ve been out of his, Helen, in which case… | Helen 他有可能无罪释放 那样的话… | 
| [14:35] | There’s no way I’m making any deal | 我绝不会允许 | 
| [14:37] | which allows this guy to see the street again. | 那个家伙此生再踏出监狱一步 | 
| [14:39] | I understand the public outcry, but… | 我理解公众的愤怒情绪 但是… | 
| [14:41] | It has nothing to do with public outcry | 这和公众的情绪完全没有关系 | 
| [14:51] | Look at what he did. | 你看看他都做了什么 | 
| [14:55] | That’s how she was found. | 这是警方发现她的时候的样子 | 
| [14:58] | You want him free one day? | 你想让他有一天重获自由吗 | 
| [15:02] | No. | 不想 | 
| [15:04] | But if you don’t offer us something, | 但是如果你不给我们做些让步 | 
| [15:05] | we have no choice but to go to trial. | 那么我们除了上庭之外别无选择 | 
| [15:08] | We’ll agree to life. | 我们可以接受终身监禁 | 
| [15:10] | I can’t agree to parole. | 但是我不能同意允许假释 | 
| [15:12] | Come on. Did you really expect me to? | 拜托 你真以为我会同意他假释吗 | 
| [15:14] | I don’t feel like devoting six months | 我是真不想在这个家伙身上 | 
| [15:15] | of my life to this guy. | 浪费六个月的时间 | 
| [15:17] | Judge Hiller did that to you. Not me. | 是Hiller法官要你这么做的 不是我 | 
| [15:24] | Could you just walk over to the foreman, | 你能不能走到首席陪审员那里 | 
| [15:25] | hold his hand? | 并且握住他的手呢 | 
| [15:26] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [15:27] | A woman like this touches you | 当这样一个女人触摸到你的时候 | 
| [15:30] | It has an effect, your honour. | 你是没法保持淡定的 法官阁下 | 
| [15:32] | Go ahead. | 请继续 | 
| [15:43] | Now, smile at him like you did my client. | 现在向他微笑 就像对我的当事人那样 | 
| [15:47] | Objection! | 反对 | 
| [15:55] | I really appreciate you coming in. | 我真的很感谢你抽空跟我们见面 | 
| [15:57] | Well, you shouldn’t thank me too fast. | 是吗 但是别感谢得太早 | 
| [15:59] | I have absolutely no intention of helping you. | 我绝对没有任何想帮你们的意思 | 
| [16:00] | Believe me, we completely understand. | 相信我 我们完全理解你的想法 | 
| [16:02] | We just have a few questions. | 我们只是想问你几个问题 | 
| [16:05] | The police say that you were locked | 警察说你是被反锁在 | 
| [16:06] | inside Mr Kingston’s home. | Kingston先生家里面的 | 
| [16:08] | Yeah, it was like one of those barricaded doors. | 是的 是那种上了闩的门 | 
| [16:10] | And you went there willingly, correct? | 你是自愿去他家的 对吗 | 
| [16:13] | Yeah, I spent the night. | 是的 我在他那里过了夜 | 
| [16:17] | At what point did you decide that you were kidnapped? | 你从什么时候开始觉得自己被绑架了 | 
| [16:21] | When I woke up. | 当我醒来的时候 | 
| [16:22] | He was gone, and | 他已经不在了 而且 | 
| [16:25] | I couldn’t get out, the door was padlocked. | 门被反锁 我出不去了 | 
| [16:27] | I called the police. I was paniced. | 我打了电话报警 当时我害怕极了 | 
| [16:29] | And when they got there, | 当他们赶到的时候 | 
| [16:31] | you told them that there were guns in the closet? | 你告诉他们他的壁橱里有枪? | 
| [16:33] | I told them that was what he told me. | 我告诉警察的是 他跟我说壁橱里有枪 | 
| [16:42] | And that’s when they opened it up? | 这时候警察就打开了壁橱? | 
| [16:44] | Yeah. It’s the last thing I remembered | 是的 这是在我昏过去前 | 
| [16:46] | before passing out. | 所记得的最后一件事 | 
| [16:48] | When they opened the door | 当他们打开壁橱的门 | 
| [16:53] | I spent the night with him. | 我刚刚和他过了一夜 | 
| [16:56] | I could’ve been next. | 我本来可能成为下一个受害者 | 
| [17:03] | Good news, or bad, | 好消息 或者说是坏消息 | 
| [17:04] | depending on how you look at it. | 取决于你怎么看它了 | 
| [17:07] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [17:09] | We got a shot at getting this case kicked. | 我们没准能让这个案子被驳回 | 
| [17:11] | Excuse me? | 什么 | 
| [17:12] | Fourth amendment. Could be a bogus search. | 第四修正案 可能存在非法搜查 | 
| [17:15] | How do you figure? | 为什么这么说 | 
| [17:16] | They moved in on a kidnap. | 警方是因为绑架而进入他的住宅 | 
| [17:17] | There was no kidnap here, Bobby. | Bobby 这个案子当中不存在绑架 | 
| [17:20] | He was coming back to the place with donuts. | 他回去的时候还带着面包圈呢 | 
| [17:22] | The police didn’t know that. | 但是警察并不知道这一点 | 
| [17:23] | Bobby, there was nothing exigent. | Bobby 当时并不存在紧急情况 | 
| [17:25] | The arresting officer’s taking | 拘捕他的警察明天会在 | 
| [17:26] | the stand tomorrow at the PC hearing. | 正当诉由听证会上作证 | 
| [17:27] | And if he says what I think he’s going to, | 如果他的证词和我预想的一致的话 | 
| [17:29] | our little nun killer could walk. | 我们这位修女杀手可能会被释放 | 
| [17:30] | Lindsay, there was a woman locked up inside his apartment | Lindsay 有个女人被反锁在他的公寓里 | 
| [17:34] | and a chopped up nun. | 还有一个被剁碎的修女 | 
| [17:35] | And I’m telling you | 但是我要告诉你 | 
| [17:36] | we might be able to suppress | 我们也许能以非法证据 | 
| [17:37] | the chopped up nun. | 将这个被剁碎的修女排除掉 | 
| [17:41] | I don’t really want to. | 我真的不想这么做 | 
| [17:44] | You think I do? | 你以为我想吗 | 
| [17:49] | I paid the woman the money, | 我确实向这个女人付了钱 | 
| [17:51] | I don’t deny that. | 我不否认这一点 | 
| [17:52] | But? | 但是? | 
| [17:53] | But I didn’t go into the bar looking for a call girl. | 但是我去酒吧不是为了找应召女郎 | 
| [17:56] | I sat down at the bar. | 我在酒吧坐了下来 | 
| [17:58] | I ordered a night-cap | 我点了一杯睡前酒 | 
| [17:59] | then she sat down. | 然后她坐在了我的旁边 | 
| [18:01] | Okay. But, Mr Burrows, | 是的 但是 Burrows先生 | 
| [18:03] | she didn’t force you to hire her services. | 她并没有强迫你接受她的有偿服务 | 
| [18:05] | We were talking. Getting along. | 我们聊了会儿 觉得很投缘 | 
| [18:08] | You know, I should’ve known something was up. | 其实 我早该知道事情不太对劲 | 
| [18:11] | Pretty women never come up to me. | 漂亮的女人从来不会主动来找我的 | 
| [18:14] | Things were getting flirtatious, | 当时的气氛变得有点暧昧 | 
| [18:16] | and I started thinking | 于是我就觉得 | 
| [18:19] | hotel bar, I’m on the road, | 酒店的酒吧 我有了兴致 | 
| [18:21] | she says she’s on the road | 她说她也有兴致 | 
| [18:23] | and my mind is going right to | 和其他男人一样 | 
| [18:25] | where a man’s mind | 我在这种情况下 | 
| [18:26] | goes to in these situations. | 自然而然地就想到了那里 | 
| [18:27] | Which is where? | 想到了哪里 | 
| [18:29] | My penis. | 我的阴茎 | 
| [18:30] | Mr Burrows. | Burrows先生 | 
| [18:32] | I’m just being honest. | 我只是实话实说而已 | 
| [18:34] | I haven’t slept with a woman in four years. | 我四年都没跟任何女人上过床 | 
| [18:37] | I don’t even go looking for it, | 我甚至没有刻意地去找过女人 | 
| [18:38] | I’m a realist. | 我很现实的 | 
| [18:40] | But now, suddenly I’m thinking this is a possibility. | 但是现在 我突然意识到机会就在眼前 | 
| [18:44] | And then? | 那么然后呢 | 
| [18:44] | Then she tells me she’s a lady of the evening. | 然后她告诉我她是个”夜女郎” | 
| [18:47] | And how did you respond? | 你有什么反应 | 
| [18:49] | I was crushed. | 我深受打击 | 
| [18:51] | One minute I was thinking this beautiful woman | 一分钟之前 我还以为这个漂亮的女人 | 
| [18:53] | was actually attracted to me, | 真的是喜欢上我了 | 
| [18:55] | and then the next I come crashing back down to earth. | 下一秒就被打回了残酷的现实 | 
| [18:58] | But as we continued talking, | 但是随着我们继续地交谈 | 
| [19:00] | I begin to realise | 我开始意识到 | 
| [19:02] | why she’s sitting there, smiling at me, | 她为什么微笑着坐在我旁边了 | 
| [19:05] | and it occurs to me that this possibility | 我意识到这样的一个机会 | 
| [19:07] | that I’d been so excited about, | 这个令我如此激动不已的机会 | 
| [19:09] | that still exists! | 依然还摆在眼前 | 
| [19:12] | And all of these little dreams I’d been dreaming | 还有我一直以来的那些小美梦 | 
| [19:16] | Well, suddenly four hundred dollars seemed cheap | 我突然觉得400块挺便宜的 | 
| [19:18] | and I said yes. | 于是我同意了 | 
| [19:21] | She got me as thirsty as she could, | 她把我撩拨得饥渴难耐 | 
| [19:24] | she led me to a trough and then | 她把我带到饮水池旁边 | 
| [19:26] | I get arrested because I wanted to drink. | 然后把我逮捕 仅仅因为我想喝水 | 
| [19:30] | We were responding to a 911. | 我们接到报警 | 
| [19:32] | When we got there, | 我们赶到那里 | 
| [19:33] | we found the girl behind the padlocked steel door. | 发现那个女孩被反锁在铁门里面 | 
| [19:36] | Then what happened? | 然后发生了什么 | 
| [19:37] | We cut through the door, freed the woman. | 我们破门而入 把那位女士救了出来 | 
| [19:39] | She told us the suspect | 她告诉我们嫌疑人 | 
| [19:40] | had guns or something in the closet. | 在壁橱里藏了枪什么的 | 
| [19:43] | We opened the closet door, | 我们打开了壁橱 | 
| [19:46] | and found the remains of the nun. | 发现了修女的尸体 | 
| [19:49] | After you cut through the front door, | 在你们撞开前门 | 
| [19:51] | to reach Ms Simonson, | 救出Simonson小姐之后 | 
| [19:53] | there was no real emergency, | 并不存在真正的紧急情况 | 
| [19:55] | was there, officer? | 不是吗 警官 | 
| [19:56] | I suppose not. | 我想是的 | 
| [19:57] | And did you feel Ms Simonson had the authority | 那你当时觉得Simonson女士 | 
| [20:00] | to give you permission to open the closet? | 有权利准许你打开壁橱吗 | 
| [20:02] | Well | 这个 | 
| [20:03] | You knew it wasn’t her home, right? | 你清楚那不是她的家 对吗 | 
| [20:08] | And, by the way, | 对了 顺便问一句 | 
| [20:09] | how did you open the closet? | 你是怎么打开壁橱的 | 
| [20:11] | Crowbar. | 撬棒 | 
| [20:13] | Your honour, at this time, | 法官阁下 有鉴于此 | 
| [20:14] | the defence asks that you suppress | 辩方请求您排除 | 
| [20:16] | the entire contents of that closet. | 该壁橱中的所有物品 | 
| [20:24] | Quiet down! | 安静 | 
| [20:28] | I’ll see counsel in chambers. | 律师们请到我办公室来 | 
| [20:32] | It’s a no-brainer. No exigency, | 这事想都不用想 没有紧急情况 | 
| [20:34] | no plain sight. | 证据也不是显而易见 | 
| [20:35] | The police were responding to what | 警方在处理这个案件的过程当中 | 
| [20:37] | they thought was a kidnap. | 认为存在绑架的情况 | 
| [20:38] | But after they went in, | 但在他们进去之后 | 
| [20:39] | they had the girl. | 已经救出那个女孩了 | 
| [20:40] | And if there’s cause for an arrest | 如果逮捕是正当合法的话 | 
| [20:41] | there’s cause for a search incident to an arrest. | 那么逮捕后的附带搜查也是正当合法的 | 
| [20:43] | Did you just make that up? | 这条是你现编的吧 | 
| [20:44] | Hold on | 闭嘴 | 
| [20:44] | They could’ve secured the premises, | 他们本来可以保护好现场 | 
| [20:45] | got the warrant. | 申请到搜查令 | 
| [20:46] | They could’ve come back and searched. | 然后再持搜查令回来搜查 | 
| [20:48] | Instead, | 但他们没有 | 
| [20:48] | they just skipped the warrant. | 他们跳过了搜查令这道程序 | 
| [20:49] | If there was one kidnap, | 如果有一个人遭到绑架 | 
| [20:51] | there could’ve been two. | 说不定还有第二个 | 
| [20:52] | Somebody clearly could’ve been in that closet. | 壁橱里显然很有可能还藏了个人 | 
| [20:54] | All right, let’s just cut through this. | 行了 我们尽快把案子解决了吧 | 
| [20:57] | I’m told you’d agreed to life with parole. | 我知道你愿意接受可保释的终身监禁 | 
| [21:00] | Let’s just do that. | 我们就这么办吧 | 
| [21:01] | That offer isn’t on the table anymore. | 这个方案我们现在已经不再考虑了 | 
| [21:03] | Bobby, I suggest you take it. | Bobby 我建议你接受它 | 
| [21:04] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [21:05] | Because, that officer could have reasonably | 因为 那位警官可能有合理的理由 | 
| [21:08] | believed there were exigent circumstances. | 相信存在紧急情况 | 
| [21:10] | What? | 什么 | 
| [21:10] | He’s a young kid. | 他还很年轻 | 
| [21:11] | He comes up on a kidnap | 他突然碰到了一起绑架案 | 
| [21:12] | Hold on a second | 等一下… | 
| [21:14] | Lower your voice, please. | 请你给我小声一点 | 
| [21:15] | You stuck us on this case to do a job. | 是你命令我们全力为这个案子辩护 | 
| [21:17] | Which I’m grateful for | 对此我很感激 | 
| [21:19] | And you gotta do yours. | 那你必须做好你的工作 | 
| [21:20] | Don’t you raise your voice. | 不要这么大声对我说话 | 
| [21:21] | You’re looking to avoid setting this guy free, I get it. | 你不想让这个家伙无罪释放 我明白 | 
| [21:24] | But the search was bad. | 但是这个搜查是非法的 | 
| [21:25] | I said, lower your voice. | 我说了 你给我小声一点 | 
| [21:26] | There were no exigent circumstances. | 没有任何紧急情况 | 
| [21:28] | The suspect wasn’t even there. | 嫌疑人甚至根本不在现场 | 
| [21:30] | They knew the girl had no authority | 他们清楚那个女孩 | 
| [21:32] | to say yes to the search. | 没有权利同意搜查 | 
| [21:33] | They had to get a warrant. | 他们必须申请搜查令 | 
| [21:34] | They didn’t. They screwed up. | 他们没有 他们搞砸了 | 
| [21:36] | And everybody in this room | 而这个办公室里的每一个人 | 
| [21:37] | knows they screwed up. | 都知道他们搞砸了 | 
| [21:38] | And if you suppress the contents of that closet, | 但是如果你排除壁橱里的物品 | 
| [21:41] | this guy walks. | 那家伙就会被释放 | 
| [21:42] | We all know that too. | 我们也都明白这一点 | 
| [21:44] | The victim and the weapon were inside. | 受害人和凶器都在里面 | 
| [21:48] | I’ll hear oral arguments tomorrow. | 明天进行口头辩论 | 
| [21:50] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [21:51] | Because I want to! It’s my prerogative. | 因为我喜欢 这是我的特权 | 
| [21:53] | You keep forgetting. I’m the judge! | 你不要忘了 我是法官 | 
| [21:54] | Let’s not you forget. | 你自己别忘了才是 | 
| [21:57] | Oral arguments at ten o’clock tomorrow. | 明天十点 口头辩论 | 
| [22:01] | I’ll see Miss Gamble alone. | 我要和Gamble小姐单独谈谈 | 
| [22:03] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [22:04] | Hey! Out! | 嘿 出去 | 
| [22:12] | You better give me something, Helen. | 你最好给我找点理由 Helen | 
| [22:15] | I don’t want to set him free anymore than you want me to. | 我和你一样不想让他无罪释放 | 
| [22:19] | But you better give me something because… | 但是你必须给我点理由 因为… | 
| [22:26] | Your honour | 法官阁下 | 
| [22:29] | Go get something. | 快去找吧 | 
| [22:31] | You haven’t got much time. | 你没有太多时间了 | 
| [22:38] | Under the belief this woman was a prostitute. | 你以为这个女人是个妓女 | 
| [22:40] | You agreed to pay her four hundred dollars for sex. | 所以同意付她400块换取性服务 | 
| [22:44] | She had me in an aroused state. | 是她把我挑逗得很兴奋 | 
| [22:46] | Is that your defence? | 这就是你的辩护理由吗 | 
| [22:47] | You were in an aroused state? | 因为你兴奋了? | 
| [22:48] | My defence is entrapment. | 我的辩护理由是诱捕 | 
| [22:51] | And this crime would never have happened | 如果不是她找上我 | 
| [22:54] | if she hadn’t come along. | 这事根本不可能发生 | 
| [22:55] | You agreed to pay her four hundred dollars for sex? | 你同意付她400块获取性服务? | 
| [22:58] | Yes, Mr Tisbury. | 是的 Tisbury先生 | 
| [23:00] | They got me, good for them! | 他们抓到我了 恭喜他们 | 
| [23:02] | Your honour | 法官阁下 | 
| [23:03] | No, no, Jimmy. Don’t tell me to calm down. | 不 不 Jimmy 别告诉我要冷静 | 
| [23:05] | Now, I’m angry. Now, listen. | 我现在很生气 听着 | 
| [23:06] | I pay my taxes and this is what I get? | 我依法纳税 难道这就是我应得的吗 | 
| [23:09] | The government is waving illegal candy bars | 政府拿着禁果在我面前挥来挥去 | 
| [23:11] | in my face hoping that I will bite | 希望我咬它 | 
| [23:14] | And you did bite, didn’t you, sir? | 你确实咬了 不是吗 先生 | 
| [23:16] | Which brings me right back to congratulations! | 所以我才说恭喜啊 | 
| [23:19] | Listen, you know, | 听着 你知道吗 | 
| [23:20] | maybe you ought litter the streets | 也许你们下次应该在街上 | 
| [23:21] | with twenty dollar bills next | 扔一堆20块的钞票 | 
| [23:23] | and bust the homeless | 如果有流浪汉捡了钱不上交 | 
| [23:24] | when they don’t turn them in | 你们就把他抓起来 | 
| [23:32] | What the hell was that? | 刚刚是怎么回事 | 
| [23:33] | I’m angry. | 我很生气 | 
| [23:34] | Our chances ride on sympathy and you just blew it! | 我们的机会就是搏同情 你却毁了它 | 
| [23:36] | I don’t care! | 我不在乎 | 
| [23:37] | When I think about what they did | 我一想到他们做的这件事情… | 
| [23:38] | No, you did it! | 不 是你做的事情 | 
| [23:39] | They maybe brought you to the trough, | 也许是他们把你带到饮水池 | 
| [23:41] | but you did drink, Clyde. | 但你确实喝了里面的水 Clyde | 
| [23:42] | I wanted to drink! | 我是想喝水 | 
| [23:44] | I wanted to bite! But I didn’t! | 我是想咬那禁果 但我没有 | 
| [23:45] | Coz you got arrested before you could! | 那是因为你在动口之前就被捕了 | 
| [23:47] | -All right. Clyde, if we can still settle -No! | -好了 Clyde 如果我们还能和解… -不 | 
| [23:52] | You know something, Jimmy? | 你知道吗 Jimmy | 
| [23:53] | I’m a weak person. I know that. | 我是个软弱的人 这我知道 | 
| [23:55] | But I never broke a damn law in my life. | 但我这一生从来没有犯过法 | 
| [23:58] | Well, you broke this one. | 是吗 可你这次犯了 | 
| [23:59] | They caused me to and it just isn’t fair! | 是他们陷害我 这不公平 | 
| [24:06] | Anything and everything on search and seizure. | 有关搜查和扣押的一切 | 
| [24:08] | Get on Westlaw, | 到万律信息库去查 | 
| [24:09] | check the Virginia case | 研究一下弗吉尼亚州否决 | 
| [24:10] | that threw out Miranda. | 米兰达原则的那个案子 | 
| [24:11] | Forget lunch, forget dinner. | 午饭晚饭就都别想了 | 
| [24:13] | I need those citations by seven o’clock. | 七点前必须把这些材料准备好 | 
| [24:14] | Go go go! | 快 快 快 | 
| [24:18] | Don’t tell me. | 别告诉我 | 
| [24:19] | The officers screwed up, Mark! | 警方搞砸了 Mark | 
| [24:21] | Now, I’m screwed going in there. | 现在我也快要死定了 | 
| [24:23] | Helen, if he walks, this… | Helen 如果放他走 这样… | 
| [24:24] | He’s going to walk, Mark, unless… | 他就要被放走了 Mark 除非… | 
| [24:29] | Between now and ten o’clock tomorrow morning, | 从现在起到明天早上十点 | 
| [24:32] | I have to find something. | 我必须找点有用的东西出来 | 
| [24:46] | How up to date are you on the fourth amendment? | 关于第四修正案的最新发展你了解多少 | 
| [24:50] | The fourth amendment is an embarrassment. | 第四修正案处境尴尬 | 
| [24:53] | What else do you need to know? | 你还需要了解什么 | 
| [24:57] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 | 
| [25:00] | I may have to set the nun killer free. | 我可能不得不释放那个修女杀手 | 
| [25:03] | What? | 什么 | 
| [25:04] | Warrantless search. | 无证搜查 | 
| [25:06] | Stupid police mistake. | 警方犯的白痴错误 | 
| [25:08] | Oh, god. | 哦 天啊 | 
| [25:09] | Maybe I should just look the other way. | 也许我应该不管这个问题 | 
| [25:11] | Let the appeals court do the dirty work. | 让上诉法院去干这个脏活 | 
| [25:13] | That isn’t you, Zoey, we both know that. | 你不是这种人 Zoey 我们都清楚 | 
| [25:16] | Suppose I transfer it over to you? | 要是我把这个案子转给你呢 | 
| [25:18] | Well, it’s not me either. | 嗯 我也不是这种人 | 
| [25:21] | Besides which, I’m having a little thing | 而且我和Bobby Donnell的事务所 | 
| [25:25] | with one of the lawyers at Bobby Donnell’s firm, | 里的某位律师有点关系 | 
| [25:26] | so I’d have to recuse myself anyway. | 所以无论如何我都是要回避的 | 
| [25:28] | What? | 什么 | 
| [25:30] | Oh, Jimmy Berluti. Little frolic. | 哦 Jimmy Berluti 找点乐子而已 | 
| [25:32] | Have you lost your mind? | 你疯了吗 | 
| [25:34] | What? I’m not supposed to have a personal life? | 怎么了 我就不能有私生活吗 | 
| [25:36] | Well, you shouldn’t be having it with lawyers | 你不应该和你要在法庭上面对的 | 
| [25:38] | who appear before you | 律师扯上关系 | 
| [25:39] | I don’t. That’s what I’d just said. | 我没有 正如我所刚才说的 | 
| [25:42] | I’d have to recuse myself. | 我不得不回避 | 
| [25:43] | You know, | 你知道吗 | 
| [25:44] | it’s been quite a while since I’ve seen you smile. | 我已经很久没见你笑了 | 
| [25:48] | It wouldn’t be such a bad thing | 你也应该考虑出去找一个 | 
| [25:49] | if you went out and got yourself a… | 对你没什么坏处的 | 
| [25:51] | Never mind! | 得了吧 | 
| [26:00] | What am I going to do, Roberta? | 我该怎么做 Roberta | 
| [26:04] | The man viciously killed a nun. | 这个男人残忍地杀害了一名修女 | 
| [26:07] | I put him back out there, | 如果我放他出去 | 
| [26:08] | he’ll no doubt kill somebody else. | 他肯定还会杀其他人 | 
| [26:10] | What about the kidnap charge? | 那绑架罪的指控呢 | 
| [26:12] | It won’t stick. | 根本不会成立 | 
| [26:13] | They arrested the guy | 他们逮捕他的时候 | 
| [26:14] | coming back to the house with coffee. | 他正拿着咖啡回家 | 
| [26:16] | The phone in the apartment worked, | 公寓里的电话也能用 | 
| [26:18] | she was free to make a call. | 她随时可以打电话 | 
| [26:20] | Clearly, she wasn’t being kidnapped. | 很明显 她没有被绑架 | 
| [26:23] | What the hell am I gonna do? | 我到底该怎么办 | 
| [26:47] | Nice bomb, Lindsay. | 干得好啊 Lindsay | 
| [26:49] | Couldn’t tell me over breakfast, could you? | 不能在吃早饭的时候告诉我 对吧 | 
| [26:51] | No. | 是的 | 
| [26:58] | Sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [26:59] | You know, I realise you | 你知道吗 我明白你 | 
| [27:00] | didn’t want this case either, but still. | 并不想接这个案子 可是… | 
| [27:04] | What you do for a living, | 你赖以谋生的这个职业 | 
| [27:05] | it’s repulsive. | 真的很令人厌恶 | 
| [27:06] | And your little credo of just doing my job | 而你所谓的”只是履行我的工作职责”的教条 | 
| [27:09] | It doesn’t excuse it. | 不足以成为开脱的借口 | 
| [27:10] | -Hold on a second, Helen. -No, you hold on. | -等等 Helen -不 你等等 | 
| [27:12] | It says something about a person’s character, | 一个人所从事的工作 | 
| [27:14] | the kind of work that she would do. | 能够展现出她的人格 | 
| [27:16] | You’re turning this personal? | 你开始针对我个人了是吧 | 
| [27:17] | The fact that you could represent him, | 你居然能为他辩护 | 
| [27:18] | even under court order, | 就算是在法庭的命令下 | 
| [27:20] | and look at yourself in the mirror | 你照照镜子看看自己 | 
| [27:21] | I’m not gonna listen to this. | 我不想听你说这些 | 
| [27:22] | Oh no, don’t! | 是啊 你不想听 | 
| [27:23] | It might kick up a little bit of a conscience! | 你总算还有那么一点点良心未泯 | 
| [27:24] | Oh, give me a break. | 哦 放过我吧 | 
| [27:25] | No, Lindsay, | 不 Lindsay | 
| [27:26] | the breaks go to people who kill nuns! | 是你放过了杀死修女的凶手 | 
| [27:27] | And the police coz they’re always innocent. | 还有警察 因为他们总是那么无知 | 
| [27:29] | The police try to catch criminals, Lindsay | 他们是为了抓犯人 Lindsay | 
| [27:31] | Well, what about when three of them | 是吗 那么三个警察将一把刀 | 
| [27:32] | planted a knife in Ellenor’s desk | 放在Ellenor的办公桌里 | 
| [27:33] | trying to frame her | 试图陷害她和George Vogleman的 | 
| [27:34] | and George Vogelmann? | 事情该如何解释 | 
| [27:35] | I’m not talking about that! | 我现在说的不是这个 | 
| [27:36] | I am. | 我说的是 | 
| [27:37] | You know, you’re crying about | 而你还在嚷嚷着… | 
| [27:38] | This guy killed a nun! | 那个人杀死了一个修女 | 
| [27:39] | And if we could trust the police | 如果我们可以无条件信任警察 | 
| [27:41] | then we wouldn’t have all the search and seizure | 那就不需要搜查与扣押这一堆法规了 | 
| [27:42] | Oh, don’t talk to me! | 别跟我说话 | 
| [27:44] | Oh, don’t turn this on me. | 别冲我撒气 | 
| [27:45] | If you were in my position, you’d do the same | 如果你处在我的位置上 你也会这么做 | 
| [27:47] | I would never be in your position! | 我永远都不会处在你的位置上 | 
| [27:49] | Hey. | 嘿 | 
| [27:49] | Go to hell! | 去死吧 | 
| [27:50] | You go to hell. | 你去死 | 
| [28:10] | Were you up all night? | 你整晚都没睡吗 | 
| [28:12] | Couldn’t sleep. I’m sure you could. | 睡不着 你肯定睡得很好 | 
| [28:15] | Oh, go to hell again. | 又来了 去死吧 | 
| [28:17] | Lindsay Lindsay. | |
| [28:20] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [28:21] | I don’t mean to take it out on you, | 我不是故意把气撒在你身上的 | 
| [28:25] | but you’re here. | 只是你刚好在这里 | 
| [28:29] | You think I want the guy free, Helen? | 你觉得我希望那个人被释放吗 Helen | 
| [28:30] | No. | 不 | 
| [28:38] | He hired her. | 他要她提供有偿服务 | 
| [28:39] | Four hundred dollars he agreed to pay her. | 他同意付给她400块钱 | 
| [28:43] | And his defence is what? | 而他的辩护理由是什么 | 
| [28:45] | The aroused penis defence? | 他的阴茎兴奋起来了? | 
| [28:47] | The thing about prostitution, ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 打击卖淫的困难在于 | 
| [28:50] | we can throw the janes in jail. | 我们可以将妓女关进监狱 | 
| [28:53] | But they end up right back out there. | 但是她们一出来还是会重操旧业 | 
| [28:55] | Because they have no choice. | 因为她们别无选择 | 
| [28:58] | Broke, some with drug problems, | 她们没有钱 其中一些沾染上毒瘾 | 
| [29:01] | some with children to support. | 还有一些需要抚养孩子 | 
| [29:03] | They can trade on their bodies, | 她们只有自己的肉体可以出卖 | 
| [29:05] | and they do. | 她们只能这样做 | 
| [29:06] | They end up right back out on the street. | 她们最终只能沦落于风尘 | 
| [29:09] | Because as far as they see it, there’s no other choice. | 因为在她们看来 别无他法 | 
| [29:13] | For the johns, they do have a choice. | 但对于嫖客来说 他们可以选择 | 
| [29:17] | Deterrence works on the johns. | 威慑对于他们是奏效的 | 
| [29:21] | And if we can shut down the demand | 如果我们可以通过惩罚他们 | 
| [29:23] | by going after them. | 来遏制这种需求的话 | 
| [29:25] | And this man, he had a choice, didn’t he? | 而这个人 他也是可以选择的 不是吗 | 
| [29:29] | He chose to knowingly break the law. | 但他选择蓄意触犯法律 | 
| [29:33] | To pay for sex. | 进行有偿性交易 | 
| [29:36] | Now, he has to pay the consequences for that choice. | 现在 他必须为他的这个选择付出代价 | 
| [29:47] | Entrapment. | 所谓诱捕 | 
| [29:48] | That’s defined as | 它的定义是指 | 
| [29:50] | when a person is lured into the commission of a crime | 一个人在他人的引诱下犯罪 | 
| [29:53] | that he has no predisposition to commit. | 而他自己原本并没有这样的犯罪意图 | 
| [29:57] | And that’s this case | 本案即是如此 | 
| [29:58] | Clyde Burrows never would’ve committed this crime | 如果不是警察找上Clyde Burrows | 
| [30:02] | if he had been left alone by the police. | 他是不可能犯下该罪的 | 
| [30:05] | That’s entrapment. | 这就是诱捕 | 
| [30:07] | And Mr Tisbury stands here, | 现在Tisbury先生站在这里 | 
| [30:10] | lecturing you on how we have to stop the johns. | 大谈我们为什么要约束嫖客 | 
| [30:13] | Clyde never was a john in his life. | Clyde在他一生中从未嫖过娼 | 
| [30:15] | He only became a john here, | 仅此一次 | 
| [30:17] | because the police convinced him to become one. | 正是因为警察把他变成了一个嫖客 | 
| [30:20] | And, big picture. | 从更大的角度来说 | 
| [30:22] | Is this what we want the police to be doing | 这难道是我们希望警察做的事情吗 | 
| [30:26] | Staking out law-abiding citizens, | 监视遵纪守法的公民 | 
| [30:29] | baiting them into committing crimes, then busting them? | 引诱他们犯罪 然后逮捕他们? | 
| [30:34] | Sure, if Clyde Burrows had been stronger, | 当然 如果Clyde Burrows意志坚定 | 
| [30:36] | he could’ve resisted. | 他可能会拒绝 | 
| [30:38] | Maybe if he’d been more moral, he would’ve resisted. | 也许如果他更加高尚 他也会拒绝 | 
| [30:41] | But he wasn’t. He was weak. | 可他不是 他是个软弱的人 | 
| [30:44] | And thank god | 感谢上帝 | 
| [30:45] | we have the police to go out and find the weak | 我们的警察就瞄准了这些软弱的人 | 
| [30:48] | and lure them into committing crimes. | 引诱他们走上犯罪之路 | 
| [30:51] | Come on. | 拜托 | 
| [30:52] | The police are supposed to protect us! | 警察的职责应该是保护我们 | 
| [30:55] | Not trap us. | 而不是陷害我们 | 
| [30:56] | The police are supposed to be catching | 警察应该做的事情 | 
| [30:58] | the people who are out there committing crimes. | 是去逮捕那些逍遥法外的真正的罪犯 | 
| [31:00] | Not finding innocent people | 而不是去找那些无辜的人 | 
| [31:02] | and luring them into committing crimes | 并且引诱他们犯罪 | 
| [31:06] | Clyde Burrows would not be sitting here today | 如果不是因为某个警官的行为 | 
| [31:10] | but for the actions of a police officer. | Clyde Burrows今天是不会坐在被告席上的 | 
| [31:16] | Is this the government we want? | 这就是我们想要的政府吗 | 
| [31:23] | Donnell, Young, Dole and Frutt | Donnell Young Dole和Frutt律师事务所 | 
| [31:26] | Oh, shut up. | 哦 闭嘴 | 
| [31:31] | Ever heard of 69, you idiot. | 听说过69吗 你这个白痴 | 
| [31:33] | I’m reporting you to the police. | 我要马上报警 | 
| [31:35] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 | 
| [31:37] | It’s this case. | 还不是这个案子 | 
| [31:38] | People don’t like us doing it. | 人们不喜欢咱们接这个案子 | 
| [31:45] | Absent exigent circumstances, | 在非紧急情形下 | 
| [31:48] | the police cannot search without a warrant. | 警察不能在无搜查令的情况下进行搜查 | 
| [31:50] | They thought she was kidnapped. | 他们以为她被绑架了 | 
| [31:52] | Which buys them entry. | 因此他们可以进入公寓 | 
| [31:54] | But once they had her, | 可是一旦警察找到了她 | 
| [31:55] | once the exigency was over, | 一旦紧急情形结束 | 
| [31:57] | they had to get a warrant. | 他们便需要拿到搜查令 | 
| [31:58] | There was no danger of losing evidence, | 当时并没有丧失证据的危险 | 
| [32:00] | they could’ve secured the premises. | 他们可以对现场实行保护 | 
| [32:02] | They can’t even argue search incident to the arrest | 他们甚至不能主张是逮捕后的附带搜查 | 
| [32:05] | because the suspect was arrested outside the building. | 因为犯罪嫌疑人是在大楼外被逮捕的 | 
| [32:12] | I know the idea of setting a murder defendant free is, of course, | 我明白 让一个杀人凶手获得自由 | 
| [32:16] | repugnant to everybody in this room. | 必然会让法庭上的每一个人都感到厌恶 | 
| [32:22] | Especially this defendant. | 尤其是这样一个被告 | 
| [32:24] | But we have a constitution. | 可是我们有宪法 | 
| [32:26] | A fourth amendment and case law | 有第四修正案 | 
| [32:28] | that couldn’t be more clear. | 还有清楚到不能再清楚的判例法 | 
| [32:29] | The police were required to have a warrant | 警察必须拿到搜查令 | 
| [32:32] | to search that closet. | 才可以搜查壁橱 | 
| [32:33] | They did’t get that warrant. | 他们没有搜查令 | 
| [32:34] | As a result, everything in that closet | 因此 壁橱里的任何物品 | 
| [32:37] | is inadmissible as evidence. | 都不能作为呈堂证据 | 
| [32:45] | Ms Gamble | Gamble小姐 | 
| [32:49] | Ms Gamble? | Gamble小姐 | 
| [33:00] | The fourth amendment does not require warrants. | 第四修正案并未要求搜查令 | 
| [33:03] | It protects people against unreasonable searches, | 它旨在保护人们免受不合理搜查 | 
| [33:06] | but it has never, | 但是它从来没有 | 
| [33:07] | by its language, required warrants. | 在字面上要求搜查令 | 
| [33:09] | The Supreme Court has chimed in and said that it does. | 最高法院的意见认为它要求了 | 
| [33:13] | The modern Supreme Court interpret it that way. | 这是现代最高法院演绎的结果 | 
| [33:16] | The language only requires reasonableness, | 第四修正案在字面上只要求合理性 | 
| [33:18] | and nowhere, nowhere does the fourth amendment ever say | 但是 第四修正案没有任何一处提到 | 
| [33:21] | that evidence obtained absent of warrant, | 在没有搜查令的情况下取得的证据 | 
| [33:24] | or even absent of | 甚至是缺乏合理性的情况下 | 
| [33:25] | reasonableness be excluded. | 取得的证据必须被排除 | 
| [33:27] | This exclusionary rule wasn’t carved out | 法院一直到1961年 | 
| [33:29] | by the courts until 1961. | 才确立证据排除规则 | 
| [33:31] | That means for 172 years | 这说明在之前的172年里 | 
| [33:34] | the fourth amendment did just fine | 第四修正案不用排除证据 | 
| [33:36] | without excluding evidence. | 也能发挥它的作用 | 
| [33:38] | The courts decided to impose that sanction. | 是法院决定禁止采用非法的证据 | 
| [33:40] | The courts decided that | 是法院认为 | 
| [33:42] | that would be the best way to remedy police misconduct. | 这是解决警方失当行为的最好办法 | 
| [33:45] | Now, we’ve stretched it to | 如今 我们已经把它扩展到 | 
| [33:46] | remedy police mistakes. | 解决警方的失误 | 
| [33:48] | Innocent mistakes which themselves are reasonable. | 合理的 毫无恶意的失误 | 
| [33:51] | If a convicted felon | 如果一个有重罪前科的人 | 
| [33:53] | locks up a woman, | 囚禁了一个女人 | 
| [33:54] | if he tells her he has guns in his closet, | 并告诉她 他的壁橱里有枪 | 
| [33:57] | reason says he’s forfeited his right to privacy. | 理性告诉我们 他已经不享有隐私权 | 
| [34:00] | Reason says | 理性告诉我们 | 
| [34:01] | those police officers should go in and investigate | 警察应该有权进入并进行调查 | 
| [34:04] | Are you asking me to ignore | 你这是在让我无视 | 
| [34:07] | the holdings of the Supreme Court? | 最高法院确立的原则吗 | 
| [34:08] | I’m asking you to recognise | 我是在请求您注意 | 
| [34:10] | the absurdity of the exclusionary rule. | 证据排除规则的荒谬 | 
| [34:13] | I’m asking you to recognise | 我是在请求您注意 | 
| [34:14] | how ridiculous it is to require | 要求一个20岁的警官去理解 | 
| [34:17] | 20 year old police officers to understand the law | 连法官和律师也理解不了的法律 | 
| [34:20] | when judges and lawyers can’t. | 是件多么荒谬的事情 | 
| [34:22] | In this case, there was no misconduct by the officers. | 在本案中 警官们并没有不当行为 | 
| [34:25] | They rescued a woman who appeared to be kidnapped. | 他们救出了一个可能被绑架的女人 | 
| [34:27] | They attempted to make sure the apartment | 他们试图在绑架者回来之前确认 | 
| [34:29] | was gun free before the kidnapper returned. | 公寓里没有枪支 | 
| [34:31] | This is reasonable. | 这是合理的 | 
| [34:33] | That man sitting right over there | 坐在那里的那个人 | 
| [34:35] | stabbed a nun thirty times, | 他捅了一个修女三十刀 | 
| [34:37] | and cut her into pieces. | 把她切成碎片 | 
| [34:39] | He has a felony record, he… | 他有重罪前科 他… | 
| [34:47] | Last night, I got into | 昨天晚上 | 
| [34:48] | a screaming argument with the defence counsel. | 我和辩方律师大吵了一架 | 
| [34:51] | She accused me of | 她指责我把个人情感 | 
| [34:53] | making this personal. | 带到这个案子里面 | 
| [34:56] | It is personal. | 的确有个人情感 | 
| [35:00] | I take my job very personally, | 我对我的工作倾注了很多个人情感 | 
| [35:02] | your honour. | 法官阁下 | 
| [35:03] | I like to come in here thinking | 我希望在出入法庭的时候 | 
| [35:05] | the work I do counts for something. | 能感到我做的工作是有意义的 | 
| [35:08] | Just like those police officers. | 就像那些警官们一样 | 
| [35:13] | And when we see criminals | 然而当我们看到罪犯被释放 | 
| [35:16] | get turned loose on technicalities that | 仅仅因为一些技术细节 | 
| [35:19] | have nothing to do with merit or… | 一些与价值和真相无关的细节… | 
| [35:24] | The Constitution was designed to protect the innocent. | 宪法的本意保护的是那些无辜的人 | 
| [35:28] | Not the guilty. | 不是罪犯 | 
| [35:31] | And this case, that man, your honour. | 而这个案件 这个人 法官阁下 | 
| [35:36] | Feed this right into the mouths | 把这个问题推给最高法院 | 
| [35:38] | of the Supreme Court. | 让最高法院去判定 | 
| [35:39] | If they wanna spit him back on the street, yes. | 如果他们真的想把他放掉 是的 | 
| [35:43] | Yes, I’m asking you | 没错 我的确是在请求您 | 
| [35:45] | to overrule recent decisions. | 推翻最近的判决 | 
| [35:48] | We need a brave judge | 我们需要一位勇敢的法官 | 
| [35:50] | to do that, your honour, | 来做这件事 法官阁下 | 
| [35:51] | otherwise, they’ll never get the chance | 否则的话 他们永远都不会有机会 | 
| [35:54] | to revisit the irrationality of… | 反思这种不合理… | 
| [36:01] | He killed a nun. | 他杀害了一位修女 | 
| [36:04] | He mutilated a nun and stuffed her into a closet. | 他把这位修女碎尸然后把她塞进壁橱 | 
| [36:08] | The fourth amendment was never | 第四修正案从来都不是 | 
| [36:09] | meant to protect this animal. | 为了保护这种禽兽 | 
| [36:13] | I’m sorry. It’s personal. | 对不起 我的确有私人情感 | 
| [36:33] | Wouldn’t wanna be Judge Hiller. | 我可不想被放在Hiller法官的位置上 | 
| [36:34] | I think Helen did pretty well. | 我觉得Helen表现得很好 | 
| [36:36] | Giving her a hand? | 你手下留情了吧 | 
| [36:37] | I’ve seen you better. | 我见过你更好的表现 | 
| [36:40] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 | 
| [36:42] | You hit all the marks, | 该说的要点你都说了 | 
| [36:43] | you certainly weren’t bad, | 你表现当然不差 | 
| [36:44] | but I’ve seen you better. | 但是我知道你还能更好 | 
| [36:45] | Are you accusing me of something? | 你在指责我什么吗 | 
| [36:47] | No. | 没有 | 
| [36:47] | Let’s see you defend that guy better, Bobby. | 我倒想看看你怎么能辩护得更好 | 
| [36:49] | I wasn’t criticising | 我不是在批评你 | 
| [36:50] | Yes, you are. And I don’t like it. | 你就是 而且我讨厌你这样 | 
| [37:30] | Will the defendant please rise? | 请被告起立 | 
| [37:40] | Has the jury reached its verdict? | 陪审团做出裁决了吗 | 
| [37:42] | We have, your honour. | 是的 法官阁下 | 
| [37:43] | What say you? | 请宣布判决 | 
| [37:45] | In the matter of Commonwealth versus Burrows, | 马萨诸塞州诉Burrows | 
| [37:48] | on the charge of solicitation. | 关于招妓的指控 | 
| [37:49] | We find the defendant, Clyde Burrows, | 我们判决被告Clyde Burrows | 
| [37:52] | not guilty. | 无罪 | 
| [37:54] | Oh god! Thank you! Thank you. | 噢 上帝 谢谢你 谢谢你 | 
| [37:57] | You stuck to your guns, Clyde. | 这都是因为你的坚持不懈 Clyde | 
| [37:59] | You hung in there. | 你毫不气馁 | 
| [38:03] | I gotta admit, I didn’t think we’d win. | 我必须承认 我没想到我们会赢 | 
| [38:05] | Yeah, well, I owe you big. | 是啊 嗯 我欠你一个大人情 | 
| [38:08] | Do me a favour, | 帮我个忙 | 
| [38:08] | from now on go to bars like this instead of hotels. | 从现在开始 来这样的酒吧 别去旅馆了 | 
| [38:10] | Pretty women don’t come in here. | 漂亮的女人不会来这种酒吧 | 
| [38:12] | Oh, except for Bec. | 哦 除了Bec | 
| [38:13] | I take offence at that. | 我生气了 | 
| [38:15] | Roberta Roberta | |
| [38:15] | Hi. I just swung by to tell you | 嗨 我顺道过来是想告诉你 | 
| [38:18] | I won’t be able to see you later tonight. | 今晚我不能跟你见面了 | 
| [38:19] | I gotta check on Judge Hiller. | 我要去看Hiller法官 | 
| [38:21] | She may need me. | 她可能需要我的帮助 | 
| [38:22] | Oh. How’d she rule? | 她怎么判的 | 
| [38:23] | Oh, she hasn’t yet. | 她还没有决定 | 
| [38:24] | I don’t know which way she’s gonna go. | 我也不知道她会怎么判 | 
| [38:26] | So, can I please have a raincheck for dinner? | 所以 我们能改天再一起吃饭吗 | 
| [38:30] | Sure. Sure. | 当然 当然 | 
| [38:32] | Oh, never mind. I gotta go | 好了 我要走了 | 
| [38:36] | I’ll call you later. | 我迟点再打电话给你 | 
| [38:45] | We’re friends. | 我们只是朋友 | 
| [39:14] | I agree with Miss Gamble. | 我同意Gamble小姐所说的 | 
| [39:16] | There is nothing in the language of the fourth amendment | 第四修正案在字面上 | 
| [39:20] | that requires warrants. | 并没有要求搜查令 | 
| [39:22] | Nor is there anything that says | 也没有要求 | 
| [39:25] | illegally obtained evidence should be excluded. | 非法获得的证据应该被排除 | 
| [39:28] | These rulings have been carved out by the courts | 这些规则是由法院后来确立的 | 
| [39:32] | in response to our distrust of the police. | 是基于我们对警方的不信任 | 
| [39:35] | I also realise the courts are more willing to | 同时我也意识到法院更愿意 | 
| [39:38] | adjust their thinking for the needs of the day. | 适应时代的要求来调整他们的思路 | 
| [39:42] | We search bags at airports | 现在我们不需要搜查令 | 
| [39:45] | now without warrants. | 就在机场搜查人们的行李 | 
| [39:47] | Make people go through metal detectors. | 要求人们通过金属探测器 | 
| [39:50] | California requires finger prints | 加利福尼亚州要求采集 | 
| [39:53] | just to get a drivers licence. | 驾照申请者的指纹 | 
| [39:54] | The Department of Transportation has mandatory drug testing. | 交通部有强制毒品检测 | 
| [39:59] | We have all these invasive things we do to people, | 各种各样侵犯人们隐私的行为 | 
| [40:03] | absent not only warrants, | 不但没有搜查令 | 
| [40:06] | but absent any suspicions of wrongdoing! | 甚至没有任何违法行为的嫌疑 | 
| [40:09] | So, why can’t a police officer who’s been told | 那么 当一个警官得知 | 
| [40:14] | there are weapons in the closet | 一个曾经有重罪前科 | 
| [40:17] | of a convicted felon, | 并且有绑架嫌疑的人 | 
| [40:18] | a man suspected of kidnapping, | 在壁橱里藏有武器 | 
| [40:20] | why can’t he open the closet? | 为什么他不能打开那个壁橱呢 | 
| [40:26] | I agree with the district attorney, | 我同意地区检察官的意见 | 
| [40:29] | the fourth amendment has been | 第四修正案已经被 | 
| [40:31] | interpreted and expanded by the courts | 法院过度阐释和扩展 | 
| [40:34] | to the point where it belies | 以至于达到了这样的程度 | 
| [40:36] | both the language and the intent of the amendment, | 已经背离了该修正案的文本和意图 | 
| [40:40] | which is reasonableness. | 也就是”合理性” | 
| [40:50] | But, | 但是 | 
| [40:52] | I also know | 我也知道 | 
| [40:54] | the Supreme Court rulings | 最高法院关于搜查和扣押的裁决 | 
| [40:57] | on search and seizure have set clear rules. | 已经为我们立下了明确的规则 | 
| [41:03] | And as much as I would | 不管我多么想在这个问题上 | 
| [41:05] | love to be a renegade, | 做一个叛逆者 | 
| [41:06] | our criminal justice system | 但是如果连法官自己 | 
| [41:09] | has no chance whatsoever | 都不遵守法律的统一性和一致性 | 
| [41:12] | once the judges themselves | 我们的刑事司法体系 | 
| [41:14] | begin embracing judicial anarchy. | 将没有任何希望可言 | 
| [41:19] | The search of the closet was illegal. | 警方对壁橱的搜查是非法的 | 
| [41:22] | The contents are inadmissible. | 壁橱里的物品不能作为呈堂证据 | 
| [41:25] | With the contents suppressed, | 由于壁橱里的物品被排除 | 
| [41:27] | I find no probable cause | 本庭裁定不存在继续羁押 | 
| [41:29] | to hold the defendant. | 被告的正当理由 | 
| [41:30] | He is free to go. | 被告当庭开释 |