| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:01] | Previously on The Practice | |
| [00:03] | Did you murder her because she was gonna break up a sexual affair? | 你是不是因为她要结束和你的性关系所以才杀了她? | 
| [00:06] | I did not have an affair with her and I did not kill her. | 我没有和她私通,我也没杀她 | 
| [00:09] | You’re going down for murder now, you get that? | 你现在要因为谋杀入狱了,你知道吗? | 
| [00:11] | It was Steven. | 是史蒂芬 | 
| [00:13] | Your son Steven? | 你的儿子史蒂芬? | 
| [00:14] | I saw the door close on him when he left. | 我从门缝里看到他离开了 | 
| [00:17] | Why haven’t you told anybody of this? | 为什么你没提起这件事 | 
| [00:18] | Because I don’t want him to spend the rest of his life in jail | 因为我不想他在监狱里度过余生 | 
| [00:21] | for something I drove him into. | 因为我的证词 | 
| [00:22] | Let me go to the DA. | 让我们去找检察官 | 
| [00:24] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 | 
| [00:25] | This is between you and me, you gave me your word. | 这只能让你知道,你保证过的。 | 
| [00:28] | We find the defendant guilty. | 我们判定被告人有罪 | 
| [00:32] | I didn’t do it. I didn’t do it. | 我没干,我没干 | 
| [00:40] | Jimmy, are, are you ok? | 吉米,你,你还好吗? | 
| [00:42] | What? Oh, I was just.. | 什么?呃,我只是.. | 
| [00:45] | thinking about something that doctor said. | 正在想那个医生说的事。 | 
| [00:47] | What are you looking for? | 你们在找什么? | 
| [00:49] | Evidence in connection with the attempted murder of Lindsay Dole. | 和Lindsay Dole谋杀未遂案有关的证据 | 
| [00:51] | What? | 什么? | 
| [00:52] | On what bases do you get such a warrant? | 你有什么根据? | 
| [00:55] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [00:57] | I saw the picture of Bobby and Lindsay | 我看到Bobby和Lindsay的照片 | 
| [01:00] | with her face all scratched. | 她的脸都被涂黑了。 | 
| [01:01] | My brain just started going sideways. | 我脑袋都短路了。 | 
| [01:14] | Lindsay, Lindsay are… | Lindsay, Lindsay 你・・ | 
| [01:15] | Oh sorry. | 啊哦 对不起 | 
| [01:18] | Do you guys brush or do you just start | 你们已经完事了还是才开始 | 
| [01:20] | right in with morning breath? | 想来个晨练? | 
| [01:21] | Helen | Helen | 
| [01:22] | Nevermind, | 别介意 | 
| [01:23] | I just got called to a crime scene so I got to go | 我刚接到一个电话叫我去一个犯罪现场 | 
| [01:25] | Ok, well, thanks for coming in to tell me | 好的,谢谢你来告诉我。 | 
| [01:27] | Sorry again | 再次抱歉 | 
| [01:31] | She’s not sorry, she likes doing that. | 她一点歉意都没有,她喜欢这样干。 | 
| [01:34] | I’ll get a lock. | 我会装个锁的。 | 
| [01:36] | Nevermind a lock. | 无所谓了。 | 
| [01:41] | Move in with me. | 搬来和我住吧。 | 
| [01:42] | Bobby | Bobby | 
| [01:43] | Why do we have to wait till were married? | 为什么要等到结婚以后呢? | 
| [01:45] | We haven’t even set the date yet. | 我们都还没定日子。 | 
| [01:46] | You can still wear white if we live together first. | 就算我们同居了,也还是纯洁的男女关系。 | 
| [01:49] | Tell that to my father, | 和我爸说去。 | 
| [01:51] | what about Helen? | Helen怎么办? | 
| [01:53] | She can’t afford this place by herself. | 她自己负担不起这地方。 | 
| [01:56] | Now that’s the real issue, isn’t it? | 哦原来这才是问题的关键,不是吗? | 
| [02:00] | You don’t want to bail on Helen. | 你放不下Helen。 | 
| [02:03] | We go back and forth just to collect clothes. | 我们回来只是在整理衣服而已。 | 
| [02:05] | This is ridiculous. | 真是太可笑了 | 
| [02:20] | what do we got? | 什么情况? | 
| [02:21] | Big ticket, | 大事件 | 
| [02:21] | the suspects the president of Boston Liberty Bank Pierce Stanton | 犯罪嫌疑人是波士顿自由银行的主席Pierce Stanton | 
| [02:25] | This is Officer Henderson. | 这是Henderson警官 | 
| [02:26] | This is Helen Gamble District Attorney | 这是地方检察官Helen Gamble | 
| [02:28] | Ok lets go take a look | 来我们看看现场 | 
| [02:30] | I pulled him over for a traffic violation, | 他交通违章所以我把他拦下来 | 
| [02:32] | he ran a stop sign. | 他闯红灯 | 
| [02:34] | I haven’t touched anything yet. | 我什么都没动。 | 
| [02:44] | And he confessed? | 他认罪了? | 
| [02:45] | Just started crying and said he strangled her. | 他边哭边说他掐死了她。 | 
| [02:57] | Mr. Stanton, | Stanton先生 | 
| [02:58] | I’m Helen Gamble from the District Attorney’s Office. | 我是地方检察官Helen Gamble | 
| [03:00] | We’re going to take you down to the police station | 我们要带你去警局 | 
| [03:02] | and we’d like you to make a statement there, okay? | 我们需要你作份口供,好么? | 
| [03:04] | I’m trying to help you out. | 我是相帮你。 | 
| [03:05] | I think I should call my lawyer | 我想我应该给我的律师打电话 | 
| [03:06] | Ok that’s fine | 好的 | 
| [03:08] | Would you call him? | 你会打给他吧? | 
| [03:10] | His name is Bobby Donnell, I’m sure he listed. | 他叫Bobby Donnell,我肯定他登记过电话。 | 
| [04:03] | She may have jumped the gun on the search a little | 她这次搜查可能有点不符合规定 | 
| [04:04] | That’s why I called you down. | 所以我们才找你。 | 
| [04:06] | Jumped the gun how? | 怎么不符合规定了? | 
| [04:07] | Well reasonable suspicion is iffy. | 合理怀疑还未确定 | 
| [04:10] | She’s the one he confessed to? | 她是唯一听到他认罪的人? | 
| [04:11] | Yeah | 是的 | 
| [04:13] | Officer Henderson | Henderson警官 | 
| [04:17] | Can you come by my office this morning? | 你上午能来我办公室一下吗? | 
| [04:18] | Sure | 当然 | 
| [04:19] | Okay bye, Mike | 好 再见,Mike | 
| [04:36] | I can’t continue to just sit on this | 我不能知情不报 | 
| [04:39] | But you gave me your work Jimmy. | 但是你保证过的 | 
| [04:41] | Let me ask you something Henry. | 让我问问你Henry | 
| [04:43] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗? | 
| [04:45] | Have you talked to your son about it? | 你和你儿子谈过这事吗? | 
| [04:47] | It’s a little hard to have a conversation | 现在和我儿子交流有点小障碍 | 
| [04:49] | from where I’m situated at the moment. | 现在这种情况 | 
| [04:50] | -Have you told your wife? -No. | 你和你妻子说过么? -没有。 | 
| [04:52] | So what we’ve got here, | 你看我们知道了什么, | 
| [04:55] | your son is a murderer living in your home | 你儿子是一个住在你家的杀人犯 | 
| [04:59] | with your wife and your 11-year-old daughter. | 和你妻子还有你11岁的女儿。 | 
| [05:01] | Aren’t you concerned as a father? | 作为一个父亲你关心她们吗? | 
| [05:03] | Of course I’m concerned but… | 我当然关心但是… | 
| [05:05] | Then how can you stay quiet? | 那你怎么还能无动于衷? | 
| [05:06] | Because I can’t necessarily trust Alison not to tell | 因为我不能保证Alison不会说出去 | 
| [05:09] | She might tell, have concern for him the kid needs help. | 她或许会说出去,因为担心她的孩子需要帮助 | 
| [05:11] | I don’t want to have this discussion | 我不想再讨论了 | 
| [05:13] | We’re gonna have this discussion | 我们必须讨论 | 
| [05:17] | Sir I’ll have to ask you to leave if you do that again | 先生如果你再这样我会要求你离开 | 
| [05:24] | Henry, you’re an intelligent man, | Henry,你是个聪明人, | 
| [05:26] | you’ve got to know this is not smart. | 你必须知道这是不明智的。 | 
| [05:29] | You’re in jail for a crime you didn’t commit, | 你因为你没犯的罪被关在监狱 | 
| [05:32] | your son is in desperate need of help | 你的儿子极需帮助 | 
| [05:34] | and isn’t getting it for god’s sake, Henry. | 看在上帝的份上帮帮他吗,Henry | 
| [05:40] | I can’t see him go to prison | 我不能看着他进监狱 | 
| [05:43] | I couldn’t live with that. | 我不能背负这样的罪。 | 
| [05:44] | You trusted me once, | 你信我一次, | 
| [05:48] | I know a judge I think I can trust | 我认识一个值得信任的法官 | 
| [05:51] | let me talk to her, maybe my partners | 我会和她谈谈,还有我的同事 | 
| [05:55] | they’ll keep my confidence, I promise. | 他们值得信任,我保证。 | 
| [06:06] | I didn’t plan it. | 我没想这么干。 | 
| [06:08] | It wasn’t like it was premeditated. | 这不是有预谋的。 | 
| [06:10] | Just tell me what happened? | 就告诉我发生了什么? | 
| [06:13] | We’d been fighting which we’ve been doing a lot lately, | 我们发生了争执就和我们不久前发生过的多次争执一样, | 
| [06:18] | and she wasn’t happy. | 她很不高兴 | 
| [06:19] | She kept saying she wasn’t happy about this, about that. | 她一直在埋怨因为这个因为那个不高兴 | 
| [06:23] | It was building everything I did wasn’t good enough | 造成一切的原因就是我不够好 | 
| [06:26] | whether it be my personality or my sperm count | 不是我的个性就是我的精子数 | 
| [06:30] | the way I rinse a damn dish. | 我洗盘子的方式 | 
| [06:32] | I buy her a 3 million dollar home in Cambridge | 我在剑桥市给她买了300万美元的房子 | 
| [06:35] | and every time I drive home to it | 每次我开车回家 | 
| [06:36] | I’m afraid to go inside | 我都怕进去 | 
| [06:37] | because I know I’ll get an ear full | 因为我知道我会听到满耳的抱怨 | 
| [06:39] | how I don’t measure up. | 我还哪里不合格 | 
| [06:41] | I got sick of it Bobby. | 我被逼疯了Bobby | 
| [06:43] | Calm down and tell me what happened. | 冷静一下告诉我发生了什么。 | 
| [06:48] | Like I said we’re having an argument | 我说过我们发生了争执 | 
| [06:52] | and she’s saying she hates this and she hates that | 她说她恨这个恨那个 | 
| [06:55] | and I said to her | 我对她说 | 
| [06:57] | ‘it’s me you hate isn’t it? it’s me’ | 你是在恨我,你不是恨这些事,是我 | 
| [07:01] | and she says that maybe she does. | 她说也许她恨的就是我。 | 
| [07:04] | So then there’s some more screaming | 原来如此我大笑着 | 
| [07:06] | and suddenly my hands are on her throat, | 我的手突然扼住她的脖子, | 
| [07:07] | now I don’t even know what the argument was about | 脑子里一片空白 | 
| [07:09] | but my hands are on her throat and I’m squeezing. | 但是我使劲卡住她的脖子 | 
| [07:11] | I’m squeezing as hard as I can | 用尽浑身的力气 | 
| [07:13] | then suddenly she goes limp. | 然后她突然就软了下去 | 
| [07:17] | I let her go. | 我杀了她。 | 
| [07:20] | Where were you going with her? | 你要带她的尸体要去哪里? | 
| [07:22] | What? | 啥? | 
| [07:23] | With her in the trunk? | 把她丢在后备箱? | 
| [07:29] | She had made plans to go shopping in town | 她计划今天去逛街 | 
| [07:33] | and she had told some friends. | 她的朋友知道 | 
| [07:35] | I was going to try and make it | 我想伪造成意外 | 
| [07:36] | look like a mugging or something | 像抢劫什么的 | 
| [07:39] | then I ran a stop sign. | 然后我闯了红灯。 | 
| [07:43] | Believe it? | 你相信吗? | 
| [07:46] | Ok, how much of what you just told me | 你和我说的这些情况 | 
| [07:50] | did you tell that police officer? | 你和那个警官说过吗? | 
| [07:55] | All of it. | 全都说了 | 
| [08:12] | Helen. | |
| [08:13] | Lindsay, what are you doing here? | Lindsay,你在这干嘛? | 
| [08:14] | Ah, Stanton case | 哎,Stanton的案子 | 
| [08:16] | It takes two to do an arraignment now? | 一个传讯的小事要两个人来办了? | 
| [08:17] | No actually I came to see you | 不实际上我是来找你的 | 
| [08:22] | Oh | 哦 | 
| [08:24] | I’m going to move in with Bobby | 我要搬去和Bobby住了。 | 
| [08:27] | Oh when? | 啊哦 什么时候? | 
| [08:29] | Well pretty much right away, | 可能很快, | 
| [08:32] | I were there have the time anyway, so… | 我已经去看过了,所以… | 
| [08:35] | Is this because I walked in on you guys this morning? | 是因为早晨我在你们亲热的时候闯进去的缘故吗? | 
| [08:37] | Coz I can cut down on that | 我保证以后不会这样了 | 
| [08:39] | No, no, | 不,不是的 | 
| [08:40] | it’s something that we’ve been talking about | 这事我们讨论了很久了 | 
| [08:44] | Ok, um, but I’m going to have to move out | 好的,嗯,但是我就要搬出去了 | 
| [08:47] | I can’t swing that place on my own | 我一个人负担不起 | 
| [08:49] | You can find another roommate | 你可以再找一个室友 | 
| [08:50] | Lindsay, who am I going to find? | Lindsay,我该去找谁? | 
| [08:52] | Women don’t like me. | 女的都不喜欢我。 | 
| [08:53] | Men just want to sleep with me. | 男的都只想睡我。 | 
| [08:54] | I end up wanting to sleep with them, | 最终变成我想睡他们, | 
| [08:57] | it’s a vicious cycle. | 这是一个恶性循环。 | 
| [08:58] | -32114 -I gotta go. | -32114 -轮到我了。 | 
| [09:00] | commonwealth versus Pierce Stanton | 联邦起诉Pierce Stanton | 
| [09:02] | on the charge of murder in the first degree | 以一级谋杀的罪名 | 
| [09:04] | Bobby Donnell for the defense, Your Honor | Bobby Donnell作为辩护,法官阁下 | 
| [09:06] | waive reading, plead not guilty | 放弃阅读权利,不服罪 | 
| [09:07] | Helen Gamble for the commonwealth, oppose bail | Helen Gamble代表联邦,反对保释 | 
| [09:10] | My client has established roots in the community | 我的当事人接受社区监督 | 
| [09:12] | Murder 1 | 一级谋杀 | 
| [09:12] | Even so | 即便如此 | 
| [09:13] | Bail is denied | 拒绝保释 | 
| [09:14] | Move for a probable cause hearing, Your Honor | 要求一个合理根据的审讯,法官阁下 | 
| [09:16] | 2 o’clock, | 两点钟 | 
| [09:16] | put the defendant back in the lock up | 将被告收押 | 
| [09:17] | Next case | 下个案件 | 
| [09:23] | Any offers? | 有什么提议? | 
| [09:24] | Bobby, he confessed | Bobby, 他认罪了 | 
| [09:25] | what kind of deal do you expect me to cut? | 你期待我会提出什么样的交易? | 
| [09:37] | Jimmy? | Jimmy? | 
| [09:39] | You got a second? | 你有时间吗? | 
| [09:43] | I suppose | 我想有吧 | 
| [09:49] | Listen, | 听着 | 
| [09:52] | I know your integrity as a judge | 我知道你是一个正直的法官 | 
| [09:54] | comes above anything else, | 把职责放在第一位 | 
| [09:56] | and I’m here actually to ask your help or advice. | 我来实际上是想得到你的帮助或者说是建议 | 
| [10:00] | It’s kind of a grave thing | 是一件很严重的事情 | 
| [10:03] | I’m listing | 我在听 | 
| [10:06] | I would appreciate it | 谢谢你给我这个机会 | 
| [10:07] | if we could keep this confidential | 我们能保密吗 | 
| [10:09] | coz it involves a privilege relationship on my end. | 因为这牵涉到我作为律师应该遵守的规定 | 
| [10:13] | I got a client convicted of a serious crime | 我的当事人被判重罪 | 
| [10:16] | which he didn’t commit, | 其实他没犯罪, | 
| [10:18] | his son committed it. | 是他儿子干的。 | 
| [10:21] | My client doesn’t want his son | 我的当事人不想让他的儿子 | 
| [10:23] | to go to prison for the rest of his life, | 在监狱里度过余生 | 
| [10:25] | so he’s taking the fall. | 所以他担了罪 | 
| [10:26] | I cant convince him to come forward with the truth, | 我没办法说服他说出真相, | 
| [10:30] | nevertheless I got the truth | 然而我知道真相 | 
| [10:35] | You have evidence that the son committed the crime? | 你有证据证明是他儿子犯的罪吗? | 
| [10:37] | Well, just my clients word | 呃,只有我当事人一己之言 | 
| [10:39] | but it’s a good word | 但是那听起来是真的 | 
| [10:40] | So basically, you’ve got a client | 所以基本上,你这个 | 
| [10:43] | convicted of a crime who says he innocent. | 被宣判有罪的当事人说自己是无辜的 | 
| [10:46] | You expect what? | 你要我怎么办? | 
| [10:48] | Well, I don’t know | 呃,我不知道 | 
| [10:49] | but this isn’t just a case | 但是这不仅是一个案子 | 
| [10:50] | of the convicted guy saying he’s innocent, it’s… | 一个被判刑的人说自己是无辜的,这是… | 
| [10:53] | It’s exactly that. | 这当然是。 | 
| [10:54] | That’s what happens in 90% of the cases. | 这种事90%的案件里都会发生。 | 
| [10:57] | Now you have new evidence | 你现在发现了新证据 | 
| [10:58] | you take it to the DA | 你把证据交给地方检察官 | 
| [11:00] | if you don’t, I… | 如果你不这么做,我… | 
| [11:02] | what am I missing here? | 我漏掉了什么吗? | 
| [11:05] | Well, I guess I am looking for a favor | 呃,我猜我缺少一点支持 | 
| [11:08] | though I don’t see it as that. | 但是我在这里没找到 | 
| [11:10] | Were both officers of the court | 难道所有法院的人 | 
| [11:12] | an injustice has occurred. | 都这样不讲道义 | 
| [11:14] | Right now I go to the DA | 就算现在我去找地方检察官 | 
| [11:16] | he’s just going to laugh. | 他也只是当做笑话 | 
| [11:17] | It’s going to seem exactly as you’ve said. | 看起来就像你刚才说的那样 | 
| [11:19] | I’m going to look like every other | 我就会变得和其他人一样 | 
| [11:20] | defense attorney throwing a Hail Mary, | 辩护律师让我们相信人性 | 
| [11:22] | but if I go in with a judge | 但是如果带着一个法官一起 | 
| [11:25] | that might give me some credibility | 那会让我说的具有可信性 | 
| [11:27] | Get out! | 出去! | 
| [11:30] | If I could convince you that what I’m saying is true | 如果我能说服你相信我的说的是真的 | 
| [11:32] | I said get out! | 我说了出去! | 
| [11:34] | You could help prevent a big miscarriage here. | 你能纠正一个大错误 | 
| [11:37] | This integrity of the robe thing | 法官的正直 | 
| [11:39] | that’s just a bunch of crap | 难道只是一堆狗屎 | 
| [11:41] | Hey, you think I won’t hold you in contempt | 嘿,你觉得我不会因为你藐视法官把你关起来吗 | 
| [11:44] | Go ahead! We’d be even | 来啊!我们是平等的 | 
| [11:54] | And no matter how hard I try to change his mind | 不管我多努力希望他改变主意 | 
| [11:58] | he won’t budge | 他都不接受 | 
| [11:59] | The son did it? | 他儿子干的? | 
| [12:01] | Yes | 是的 | 
| [12:01] | And you knew this? | 你知道这件事? | 
| [12:02] | I didn’t know until the day of closing arguments | 诉讼结束以后我才知道的 | 
| [12:04] | Why didn’t you tell us? | 为什么你不告诉我们 | 
| [12:05] | I gave him my word | 我保证不说的 | 
| [12:07] | We’re his lawyers on this case | 我们在案子里是他的律师 | 
| [12:08] | Don’t you start in on me, damn it | 别怪我,该死 | 
| [12:10] | I gave him my word | 我保证不说的 | 
| [12:11] | that’s got to count for something | 这是诚信问题 | 
| [12:12] | All right, let’s calm down | 好吧,让我们冷静一下 | 
| [12:14] | and figure out where were going to go from here | 想想应该怎么办 | 
| [12:15] | Can we go to the DA? | 我们不能去找地方检察官吗? | 
| [12:16] | Bay? forget it | Bay?算了吧 | 
| [12:18] | Without evidence, | 没有证据 | 
| [12:18] | Bay and everybody else is just going to laugh at us | 不管是Bay还是其他检察官都会笑话我们的 | 
| [12:21] | A confession is new evidence. I say we go to the son | 一份证词是项新证据。要我说我们去找他儿子 | 
| [12:23] | We can’t reveal to the son what we heard from Henry | 我们不能把从Henry那听到的内容透露给他儿子 | 
| [12:26] | client privilege | 当事人特权 | 
| [12:27] | You already broke privilege when you went to Kittleson | 你去找Kittleson已经违反了特权 | 
| [12:29] | Kittleson won’t talk | Kittleson不会说的 | 
| [12:30] | and I asked you not to start in | 你别又开始怪我 | 
| [12:31] | -Hey -Alright | -嘿 -淡定 | 
| [12:32] | Look, go to Henry, | 行了,去找Henry | 
| [12:33] | get his permission to talk to his son | 得到他的许可去和他儿子谈一谈 | 
| [12:35] | He’ll just say no | 他只会说不行 | 
| [12:35] | He wants to spend that rest of his life in jail? | 他想下半辈子都待在监狱里? | 
| [12:37] | Yes! That’s what I keep telling you | 是的!这就是我一直在说的 | 
| [12:45] | Let me have a little chat with Henry | 让我们和Henry聊一聊 | 
| [12:51] | How long have you been a police officer? | 你当警察多久了? | 
| [12:53] | 2 years | 2年 | 
| [12:55] | So you remember learning anything at the academy | 你记得你在警校学的东西吗 | 
| [12:57] | about the 4th amendment? | 关于第四宪法修正案? | 
| [13:01] | What right did you have to open that trunk? | 你有什么权利打开后备箱? | 
| [13:03] | He was acting suspiciously | 他的表现很让人怀疑 | 
| [13:06] | We’ve got a problem, officer, | 我们有麻烦了,警官 | 
| [13:07] | you had no legal grounds to conduct that search. | 你进行的搜查没有法律依据 | 
| [13:14] | Unless | 除非 | 
| [13:15] | I see he didn’t have his registration on him | 依我看因为他没有带登记证 | 
| [13:20] | That’s right | 是的 | 
| [13:23] | See, I think what happened is | 你瞧,我想当时是这样的 | 
| [13:24] | you decided to impound the vehicle. | 你决定扣留车辆 | 
| [13:26] | Once you made that decision | 一旦你这样决定 | 
| [13:29] | you then conducted an inventory search of the vehicle. | 你需要队车辆进行扣押检查 | 
| [13:35] | Is that what happened? | 是这样吗? | 
| [13:38] | Yes | 是的 | 
| [13:39] | Ok, well, we need to be clear on that | 好,这样,我们必须弄清楚这点 | 
| [13:41] | once you get in the witness chair | 一旦你上了证人席 | 
| [13:42] | otherwise the contents of that trunk | 否则后备箱里的东西 | 
| [13:44] | together with the confession | 和供词 | 
| [13:46] | will be suppressed, | 会被禁止作为证据 | 
| [13:47] | are we clear? | 清楚了吗? | 
| [13:49] | Yes | 是的 | 
| [13:51] | Good, you might want to get some coffee | 好的,你要不要喝点咖啡 | 
| [13:54] | you’re on in an hour | 你一个小时候要上庭 | 
| [14:06] | Roberta? | |
| [14:12] | Can I speak to you? In private. | 我能私下和你谈谈吗? | 
| [14:20] | First of all, | 首先 | 
| [14:22] | you had no right to reveal to me your clients… | 你没有权利向我透露你的当事人的信息 | 
| [14:25] | I didn’t give you names | 我没告诉你名字 | 
| [14:26] | I can figure it out, give me some credit. | 我能搞清楚,相信我 | 
| [14:30] | Now are you sure your client is telling the truth? | 现在你确定你当事人说的是真的? | 
| [14:33] | Yes | 是的 | 
| [14:35] | What you first need to do | 你首先要做的 | 
| [14:36] | is get his permission to talk to the son | 是得到他的许可然后和他儿子谈谈 | 
| [14:39] | Eugene’s trying to do that now | Eugene正在争取 | 
| [14:40] | Assuming he consents, | 假设他同意了 | 
| [14:41] | you need to get the boy counsel. | 你需要见他儿子的法律顾问 | 
| [14:44] | I would then try to secure a written confession with counsel, | 我想你得试着当着他法律顾问的面弄到书面供认 | 
| [14:48] | then you take that to the District Attorney | 然后你带着供认去找地方检察官 | 
| [14:50] | and you go from there. | 然后你再来找我 | 
| [14:51] | but the boy must have counsel. | 但是那孩子必须有一个法律顾问 | 
| [14:53] | Ya | 好 | 
| [14:58] | The reason I got so angry, | 我生气是因为 | 
| [15:01] | when somebody so much as asks for a special treatment | 当有的人连需要特殊待遇都不是 | 
| [15:03] | on the basis of a personal relationship | 基于个人关系 | 
| [15:06] | I consider it a professional inditement, | 我认为这是一个职业行为 | 
| [15:08] | I take offense | 所以我生气了 | 
| [15:10] | I wasn’t trying to insult you professionally, Roberta. | 我不是想对你的专业进行质疑,Roberta. | 
| [15:13] | Everybody knows you’re a great judge | 所有人都知道你是个好法官 | 
| [15:16] | that’s why I came to you for advice | 所以我才向你寻求建议 | 
| [15:20] | and maybe a little because I missed you | 又或许我只是有点想你了 | 
| [15:28] | Well, | 喔 | 
| [15:32] | you have my advice | 我给你建议了 | 
| [15:39] | I pulled him over after her failed to stop | 我引导他停下在他闯过 | 
| [15:41] | for the stop sign | 红灯以后 | 
| [15:42] | he appeared to be very nervous | 他表现的紧张不安 | 
| [15:44] | What happened then? | 然后呢? | 
| [15:46] | I asked for his license and registration, | 我要求他出示驾照和登记证 | 
| [15:48] | he didn’t have his registration | 他没带登记证 | 
| [15:50] | so I decided to impound the vehicle. | 所以我决定扣留他的车辆 | 
| [15:52] | I then ordered the suspect out of the vehicle | 我命令嫌疑犯下车 | 
| [15:55] | and then I searched it | 然后我搜查了车辆 | 
| [15:56] | upon which I found the body | 我在车上找到了 | 
| [15:58] | of a deceased woman in the trunk | 死去的女士的尸体 | 
| [16:00] | What happened next? | 再然后呢? | 
| [16:01] | He then basically broke down | 他基本上崩溃了 | 
| [16:04] | and told me that he had murdered his wife | 然后告诉我他杀了他的妻子 | 
| [16:06] | and that he was planning to | 他计划要 | 
| [16:07] | dispose of the body to avoid being caught | 解决掉尸体以免被捕 | 
| [16:09] | Thank you officer | 谢谢你警官 | 
| [16:17] | You said he was acting nervously? | 你说他看起来紧张不安 | 
| [16:19] | Very | 非常 | 
| [16:20] | Did his behavior make you suspicious? | 他的举止让你怀疑? | 
| [16:23] | Well, I suppose it did a little, | 呃,我想是有一点 | 
| [16:26] | he looked like he was hiding something | 他看起来像是在隐瞒什么 | 
| [16:28] | And in your testimony | 在你的证词里 | 
| [16:29] | you said you ordered the suspect out of the car | 你说你命令嫌疑人从车上下来 | 
| [16:31] | and then searched the trunk. | 然后搜查了后备箱 | 
| [16:33] | What was he suspect of? | 他涉嫌做了什么? | 
| [16:35] | He wasn’t a suspect at the time, | 当时他还不是嫌疑犯 | 
| [16:38] | he became a suspect after I opened the trunk. | 我打开后备箱后他才成为嫌疑犯 | 
| [16:41] | Well, you said you ordered the suspect out of the car. | 呃,你说你命令嫌疑犯从车上下来 | 
| [16:44] | Should we read back your testimony? | 我们要复核一下你的证词吗? | 
| [16:45] | Well, I misstated it | 哦,我说错了 | 
| [16:46] | he wasn’t a suspect until after I opened the trunk. | 他不是嫌疑犯直到我打开了后备箱。 | 
| [16:49] | Ok, and when you went to search the trunk | 好的,当你搜查了后备箱 | 
| [16:53] | was it because you thought he was hiding something there? | 是不是因为你觉得他在那藏了什么东西? | 
| [16:57] | No, that was an inventory search, | 不,那是扣押物品搜查 | 
| [16:59] | I had decided to impound the vehicle | 我决定要扣留车辆 | 
| [17:01] | so I did an inventory search. | 所以我对扣押物品搜查 | 
| [17:03] | And why were you impounding the vehicle? | 为什么你决定扣押车辆? | 
| [17:05] | Because he didn’t have any registration | 因为他不能提供登记证 | 
| [17:07] | The car wasn’t registered? | 他的车辆没有登记? | 
| [17:08] | It turned out to be registered | 车子是登记在册的 | 
| [17:09] | but he didn’t have the registration on him | 但是他本人没有带登记证 | 
| [17:11] | And is it your policy to impound registered vehicles | 这是你扣押车辆的依据 | 
| [17:14] | when the driver isn’t in possession of the registration? | 当驾驶员没有登记证? | 
| [17:17] | No, I didn’t know it was registered | 是的,我不知道车子已经登记了 | 
| [17:19] | when I decided to impound it. | 在我决定扣押的时候 | 
| [17:20] | Did you call in the plates? | 你询问了信息中心吗? | 
| [17:22] | No | 没有 | 
| [17:22] | Isn’t it normal procedure to call in the plates | 难道常规程序不是应该询问信息中心 | 
| [17:24] | to determine whether a car is registered? | 来判断一辆车是否登记过了? | 
| [17:25] | Many officers do that | 许多警官这么做 | 
| [17:27] | I didn’t on this occasion | 在这个场合我没有 | 
| [17:29] | I suppose I could have | 我想我可以这么做 | 
| [17:30] | You suppose you could have. | 你想你可以这么做 | 
| [17:32] | Did you tell my client you were impounding the vehicle | 你有告诉我的当事人他的车子被扣押? | 
| [17:34] | when you asked him to open the trunk? | 当你叫他打开后备箱的时候? | 
| [17:36] | I don’t recall | 我不记得了 | 
| [17:37] | Did you call a tow truck? | 你叫了拖车吗? | 
| [17:38] | No | 没有 | 
| [17:38] | Why not? | 为什么? | 
| [17:39] | I hadn’t gotten to that yet | 我还没准备好 | 
| [17:40] | When were you planning to get to that? | 你计划什么时候准备好? | 
| [17:41] | Objection | 反对 | 
| [17:42] | Overruled | 反对无效 | 
| [17:43] | I was going to order the tow trunk | 我正准备要叫拖车 | 
| [17:44] | after I did the search. | 在我检查完以后 | 
| [17:45] | Officer Henderson, | Henderson警官 | 
| [17:46] | we all know how long it takes tow trucks to show up, | 我们都知道拖车要多久才到 | 
| [17:49] | its your testimony that you planned to | 你的证词是你想先 | 
| [17:50] | do the search first and then call for the truck? | 检查然后再叫拖车? | 
| [17:54] | Yes | 是的 | 
| [17:56] | OK, when you went to search the trunk | 好的,当你检查了后备箱 | 
| [17:59] | you didn’t tell my client you were taking the car, | 你没告诉我的当时人你要扣车 | 
| [18:01] | you didn’t tell him | 你没告诉他 | 
| [18:02] | he had to get picked up by somebody | 他得要别人来接 | 
| [18:03] | or hitch a ride to the station? | 或是去车站搭车? | 
| [18:05] | No | 是的 | 
| [18:07] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 | 
| [18:08] | the defense moves to suppose the contents | 要求移除有关后备箱的内容 | 
| [18:09] | of the trunk together with my client’s confession | 和我当事人有关的供述 | 
| [18:11] | Opposed | 反对 | 
| [18:12] | I’ll hear all oral arguments | 我会听取口头辩论 | 
| [18:13] | tomorrow morning 10 o’clock | 明早10点 | 
| [18:29] | He says we can’t talk to the son | 他说我们不能和他儿子谈话 | 
| [18:34] | So now what? | 现在怎么办? | 
| [18:35] | It’s over | 结束了 | 
| [18:37] | It’s not over | 还没结束 | 
| [18:39] | Jimmy, there’s nothing more we can do | Jimmy,我们没有什么能做的了 | 
| [18:41] | It can’t be over | 不能就这样结束 | 
| [18:42] | we just don’t sit back saying its over | 我们不能不采取行动就说结束了 | 
| [18:44] | while the wrong guy sits in jail. | 当一个无辜的人被关在监狱里 | 
| [18:52] | I think we should confront the son anyway | 我想我们无论如何应该和那孩子谈谈 | 
| [18:54] | Can’t do that | 不行 | 
| [18:55] | Why not? | 为什么不 | 
| [18:56] | Because he instructed you not to, | 因为当事人明确说了不能这么做 | 
| [18:57] | you can’t talk to the kid without | 你不能和那孩子谈话 | 
| [18:58] | revealing a lawyer client communication | 背着你的当事人 | 
| [19:00] | so that that. | 所以就这样吧 | 
| [19:01] | Eugene, what are we suppose to do here? | Eugene,你认为我们是在做什么? | 
| [19:03] | Forget about it, | 忘记这件事 | 
| [19:04] | move on while an innocent man serves a life sentence? | 就这样走开让一个无辜的人自生自灭? | 
| [19:07] | That’s exactly what we do, Jimmy. | 这恰恰是我们要做的,Jimmy | 
| [19:09] | Now if you want to go through the transcripts, | 现在如果你想从案件记录里 | 
| [19:11] | find an appealable issue, do it, | 找出一个可上诉的问题,去吧 | 
| [19:13] | but what the client told you in confidence | 但是当事人私下透露给你的信息 | 
| [19:15] | you keep in it confidence | 你得保密 | 
| [19:17] | Not when it amounts to… | 但是这相当于… | 
| [19:17] | Jimmy, you can’t do it | Jimmy,你不能这么做 | 
| [19:42] | I’m here to see Mr. Berluti | 我来见Berluti先生 | 
| [19:44] | Stephan, hey, | Stephan,嘿 | 
| [19:45] | thanks for coming. | 谢谢你过来 | 
| [19:47] | Had no trouble getting here? | 路上没什么麻烦吧? | 
| [19:48] | No, I took the T | 没有,我打的来的 | 
| [19:49] | Here, lets use this office right here | 来,我们用这间办公室 | 
| [19:51] | Jimmy, can I talk to you for a sec? | Jimmy,我能和你谈一下吗? | 
| [19:53] | Go ahead in, Steve, | 来这里,Steve, | 
| [19:54] | I’ll be right in | 我马上就来 | 
| [19:58] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? | 
| [19:59] | I’m going to talk to him | 我要和他谈谈 | 
| [20:00] | We didn’t get permission from his father to talk to him | 我们和他谈话没得到他爸允许 | 
| [20:01] | I won’t be revealing anything Henry said | 我不会透露任何Henry所说的信息 | 
| [20:03] | Jimmy, you can’t reveal client privilege information | Jimmy,你不能透露当事人权利内的信息 | 
| [20:05] | there’s no way to talk to him without raising the issue | 根本没办法用不提问的方式来和他谈话 | 
| [20:07] | I won’t say what his father told me | 我不会说他父亲告诉我的 | 
| [20:08] | How do you accuse him of the crime | 你要怎么指控他犯罪 | 
| [20:09] | without revealing privilege? | 又不越权 | 
| [20:10] | You don’t have any independent information | 你没有一点能说的信息 | 
| [20:12] | other than what Henry told you | 除了Henry告诉你的 | 
| [20:13] | Eugene,if I get called before the bar, | Eugene,如果我被律师协会传唤 | 
| [20:15] | I get called before the bar | 如果我被律师协会传唤 | 
| [20:16] | I really don’t care anymore | 我真的一点都不在乎 | 
| [20:18] | I’m going in there with you | 我和你一起进去 | 
| [20:19] | No you’re staying out here | 不 你待在外面 | 
| [20:35] | The officer admitted he seemed suspicious, | 警官承认他看起来很可疑 | 
| [20:39] | thought maybe he was hiding something, | 认为他可能在隐藏什么 | 
| [20:41] | so what did she do? | 然后她怎么办呢? | 
| [20:43] | She opened the trunk, | 她打开了后备箱, | 
| [20:46] | and anyone with a law degree knows | 任何有法律常识的人都知道 | 
| [20:48] | she made a mistake. | 她犯了一个错误 | 
| [20:49] | This was no inventory search, | 这是一个非法的扣押物品搜查盘点 | 
| [20:51] | she never said she was going to impound the vehicle. | 她从没说过她要扣留车辆 | 
| [20:54] | The police don’t just seize vehicles | 警察不能扣押车辆 | 
| [20:56] | when the drivers don’t have proof of registration, | 当驾驶员没有证据证明车辆登记过, | 
| [20:59] | they just call the plates in to check | 他们只能打电话去信息中心查询 | 
| [21:01] | it takes 30 seconds. | 这只要30秒 | 
| [21:02] | She never called a tow truck, | 她根本没叫拖车 | 
| [21:04] | she said she was going to do that after, | 她说她准备之后再叫拖车 | 
| [21:06] | please, we all know what’s going on here, | 拜托,我们都知道是怎么回事 | 
| [21:10] | they’ve decided to call it | 他们决定叫拖车 | 
| [21:12] | an inventory search to justify it. | 来证明扣押物品搜查盘点是合法的 | 
| [21:15] | Nothing in the behavior of that police officer | 这个警官的行为完全 | 
| [21:18] | is consistent with the police procedure | 不符合警队的规定程序 | 
| [21:20] | on an inventory search. | 在扣押物品搜查盘点上 | 
| [21:24] | It’s all hinges with | 这都基于 | 
| [21:25] | what Officer Henderson was thinking | Henderson警官是怎么想的 | 
| [21:27] | when she opened the trunk. | 当她打开后备箱 | 
| [21:29] | We have her word that it was an inventory | 她告诉我们这是扣押物品搜查盘点 | 
| [21:32] | versus Bobby Donnell’s ability to read minds | 对于有读心能力Bobby Donnell | 
| [21:35] | Come on, counsel | 拜托,辩护律师 | 
| [21:35] | how many officers are out there taking cars | 多少警官在外面扣车 | 
| [21:38] | because the drivers can’t find their registration? | 因为驾驶员没带登记证? | 
| [21:40] | Maybe she was a little over zealous | 或许她有点过于热心 | 
| [21:42] | she’s 27 years old, | 她27岁 | 
| [21:43] | young police officers get that way sometimes. | 年轻的警官有时候那样办事 | 
| [21:46] | So what, | 那又怎么样呢 | 
| [21:46] | she hadn’t taken him in to custody, | 她没有把他置于监管之下 | 
| [21:48] | she hadn’t placed him under arrest, | 她也没有逮捕他 | 
| [21:50] | he wasn’t any kind of suspect. | 他并不是嫌疑犯 | 
| [21:52] | By Officer Henderson’s own uncontreverted testimony | 根据Henderson警官的证词 | 
| [21:56] | it was an inventory search | 只是扣押物品搜查盘点 | 
| [21:58] | and defense counsel is standing up here | 对方律师站起来说 | 
| [22:00] | and asking you to read minds, | 让你读别人的想法 | 
| [22:01] | asking you to play guessing games, | 让你玩猜一猜的游戏 | 
| [22:04] | asking you to suppress the contents of that trunk | 如果真的不考虑后备箱的内容 | 
| [22:08] | anybody with a law degree knows what happens | 任何懂点法律的人都知道会发生什么事 | 
| [22:11] | if you do, don’t we. | 如果你这么判定的话。 | 
| [22:16] | It’s a lie | 那是谎话 | 
| [22:18] | Is it Steven? | 是吗?Steven | 
| [22:21] | Your dad saw you going out the door. | 你爸看到你从那走出来 | 
| [22:24] | The reason he’s staying quiet, | 是他沉默的理由 | 
| [22:26] | he doesn’t want to see you go to prison. | 他不想看到你进监狱 | 
| [22:28] | He loves you too much for that. | 他那么爱你所以保持沉默 | 
| [22:31] | He’d rather spend that rest of his life in jail | 他宁愿在监狱里度过余生 | 
| [22:34] | than to see you get hurt. | 也不想让你受到伤害 | 
| [22:36] | I don’t see you as some kind monster. | 我不认为你是残忍的人 | 
| [22:39] | A boy finds out his dad has this sick sexual fetish | 一个男孩发现他的爸爸有一种变态性趣的恋物癖 | 
| [22:44] | it’s got to be devastating. | 这是具有毁灭性的 | 
| [22:46] | Doing what he was doing | 做了他想做的 | 
| [22:49] | and when you went to the officer and saw the woman, | 当你走进办公室看到那个女人 | 
| [22:53] | I don’t, | 我不知道 | 
| [22:54] | any kid would probably go a little nuts in side | 任何孩子都可能会有一点疯狂 | 
| [22:57] | and the court would understand this, Steven | 法院可能会理解的,Steven | 
| [23:00] | they would. | 他们会的 | 
| [23:13] | However angry you might be at your dad | 不管你多生你父亲的气 | 
| [23:16] | you’re going to be more angry at yourself one day | 有一天你会更生自己的气 | 
| [23:19] | if you let him go to prison forever, | 如果你让他永远待在监狱里 | 
| [23:21] | the fact that he’s willing to do it | 事实是他乐意这么做 | 
| [23:23] | shows how much you love him. | 看看你有多在乎他 | 
| [23:25] | In fact, you got so hurt by this fetish thing, | 实际上,你因为他的恋物癖受到这么大的伤害 | 
| [23:28] | that shows how much you love him. | 这更表示你有多在乎他 | 
| [23:31] | I’ve known you practically your whole life | 你差不多一生下来我就认识你了 | 
| [23:35] | you’re a good kid, a great kid, | 你是个好孩子,很棒的孩子 | 
| [23:38] | you’ll destroy yourself | 你会毁了你自己的 | 
| [23:40] | if you don’t correct what’s happened here. | 如果你不纠正现在犯的错 | 
| [23:42] | He’s sick, he’s sick | 他有病,他有病 | 
| [23:46] | I know he is | 我知道他有病 | 
| [23:47] | and we got to get him some help | 所以我们要帮助他 | 
| [23:49] | but first, we go to get him outta jail | 但是首先,我们要让他从监狱走出来 | 
| [23:53] | will you help me do that? | 你会帮我吗? | 
| [24:09] | You and me roommates? | 你和我做室友? | 
| [24:12] | Lindsay said you needed one, | Lindsay说你需要一个室友 | 
| [24:13] | I’m looking at the moment | 我正在找 | 
| [24:14] | and I thought maybe on a temporary basis we could… | 我想我们可以临时… | 
| [24:17] | Ellenor, do you think you and I are compatible? | Ellenor,你觉得我们合得来吗? | 
| [24:23] | Well, why wouldn’t we be? | 呃,为什么我们会合不来呢? | 
| [24:24] | but I have this notion of you | 但是在我的概念里 | 
| [24:26] | travelling in underground circles | 你游走在秘密的社交圈子 | 
| [24:27] | Well, Helen, I wish I did | 哦,Helen,我也希望我是 | 
| [24:30] | but unfortunately I work all day | 但是不幸的是我整天都在工作 | 
| [24:32] | and I come home and I work all night | 然后我回家然后又整晚的工作 | 
| [24:34] | and really I’m less fun than Lindsay | 然后我比Lindsay无趣的多 | 
| [24:36] | No one is less fun than Lindsay | 没人比Lindsay更无趣了 | 
| [24:39] | I heard that | 我听到了 | 
| [24:41] | Think Ellenor and I are a good match? | 觉得Ellenor和我很配吗? | 
| [24:45] | Well | 呃 | 
| [24:46] | She dates men who cut off heads | 她和一个砍人头的人约会 | 
| [24:47] | I have this tiny little neck | 我有这么纤细的脖子 | 
| [24:49] | Ahh, ok, that’s really funny | 啊,好,真是太有趣了 | 
| [24:50] | See you already bickering roommates | 瞧你开始和室友抬杠了 | 
| [24:52] | Helen the judge is coming back | Helen法官回来了 | 
| [25:01] | Miss. Gamble is correct in her assertion, | Gamble小姐的主张是正确的 | 
| [25:04] | we cannot know what was | 我们猜不到 | 
| [25:05] | in Officer Henderson’s mind | Henderson警官的想法 | 
| [25:07] | when she searched that trunk but, | 当她搜查后备箱的时候,但是 | 
| [25:09] | the court is certainly entitled to | 法院必须保证 | 
| [25:11] | exercise common sense together with | 运用常识做出的判定 | 
| [25:13] | a denefit of experience | 有利于被告 | 
| [25:14] | when making it’s guess. | 当这是一项猜测 | 
| [25:16] | She was suspicious of the driver, | 她怀疑驾驶员 | 
| [25:18] | she admitted as much as much, | 在法庭上她几乎都承认了 | 
| [25:19] | the search of the trunk in the courts opinion, | 搜查后备箱 | 
| [25:21] | was a result of that suspicion | 是基于怀疑的结果 | 
| [25:23] | and while granted that suspicion | 虽然那些怀疑 | 
| [25:26] | turned out to be extremely well founded, | 被证明是非常有理由的 | 
| [25:29] | it was never the less legally unreasonable. | 但是一点也没有法律合理性 | 
| [25:33] | The contents of the trunk are suppressed, | 有关后备箱的内容禁止作为证据 | 
| [25:35] | the defendants ensuing confession | 接着被告的供认 | 
| [25:37] | is therefore also suppressed | 也因此禁止作为证据 | 
| [25:39] | as a fruit of a poisonous tree. | 像一棵有毒的树上结出的果实 | 
| [25:42] | Miss. Gamble, I’m as disappointed as you are, | Gamble小姐,我也像你一样沮丧 | 
| [25:46] | this is awful | 这太可怕了 | 
| [25:48] | but we both know it’s not even a close call. | 但我们都知道这是甚至是侥幸 | 
| [25:51] | If you can get new evidence | 如果你有新的证据 | 
| [25:52] | refile so longs as its independent, | 能够证明 | 
| [25:55] | otherwise, congratulations, Mr. Stanton | 否则,恭喜你,Stanton先生 | 
| [25:58] | for now you get away with murder, | 你暂时逍遥法外 | 
| [26:02] | adjourned. | 休庭 | 
| [26:18] | I don’t believe it | 我简直不能相信 | 
| [26:19] | I would hope you get some counseling Pierce | 我建议你去做心理咨询 | 
| [26:22] | It doesn’t seem right | 看起来不太对 | 
| [26:23] | I can just walk out totally free? | 我可以完全自由的走出去? | 
| [26:26] | I wouldn’t book yourself on Larry King | 我也不建议你上Larry King的脱口秀 | 
| [26:30] | What are you waiting for? | 你还在等什么? | 
| [26:31] | Somebody to say chin up | 有人和你说振作起来吗 | 
| [26:33] | don’t feel so bad. | 别觉得这么糟 | 
| [26:34] | You should feel bad | 你应该感到难过 | 
| [26:35] | you made a terrible mistake. | 你犯了一个可怕的错误 | 
| [26:37] | If I hadn’t opened that trunk | 如果我没打开后备箱 | 
| [26:39] | we may never have known a murderer even happened | 我们可能都不知道发生过一起谋杀 | 
| [26:41] | May be ,But because you did open up that trunk | 或许,但是因为你打开了后备箱 | 
| [26:44] | you pretty much guarantee his getting away with it. | 你几乎保证他能脱罪 | 
| [26:46] | You’ve never made a mistake Miss. Gamble? | Gamble小姐你从没犯过错吗? | 
| [26:54] | I’m going to go home and check on her a little, | 我要回家照看她一下 | 
| [26:55] | you know how she is about loosing | 你知道她案子失败会怎么样的 | 
| [26:56] | I should probably check up on Stanton, | 我可能去看看Stanton | 
| [26:58] | he hasn’t even begun to deal with | 他甚至还还没处理 | 
| [27:00] | loosing his wife yet. | 失去的妻子 | 
| [27:01] | How are you? | 你还好吗? | 
| [27:01] | Me? I’m ok. why? | 我?我很好,怎么了? | 
| [27:03] | I don’t know what’s worse | 我不知道哪个更糟 | 
| [27:05] | the fact that we freed another murderer | 是我们放走了一个杀人犯 | 
| [27:07] | or the fact that it doesn’t really bother us anymore | 还是我们一点都不因为这事觉得不安 | 
| [27:13] | Know what? I don’t care | 知道吗?我不在乎 | 
| [27:14] | if I broke lawyer client privilege | 我没有遵守律师准则 | 
| [27:16] | I can live with it. | 我可以承受结果 | 
| [27:17] | The issue isn’t whether you care | 问题不是你在乎不在乎 | 
| [27:18] | Ya it is, Eugene, | 问题就是, Eugene | 
| [27:19] | you guys are trying to make me feel bad | 你们这帮家伙想让我觉得不舒服 | 
| [27:21] | I’m not gonna feel bad, | 我一点也不觉得 | 
| [27:23] | if I violated some precious lawyer rule | 如果我违反了一些矫揉造作的律师守则 | 
| [27:25] | though I wasn’t about to let an innocent man… | 我不会让一个无辜的人 | 
| [27:28] | Privilege isn’t some precious lawyer rule! | 基本权利不是什么矫揉造作的律师守则 | 
| [27:29] | Why do you have to lecture me | 为什么你要对着我说教 | 
| [27:30] | I left you out of it! | 我没让你参合进来 | 
| [27:32] | You didn’t leave me out of it | 你没让我摆脱这件事 | 
| [27:32] | you didn’t leave any of us out of it! | 你没让我们任何人摆脱这件事 | 
| [27:34] | Hey, you did this to us, Jimmy | 嘿,你害了我们,Jimmy | 
| [27:37] | to us | 我们 | 
| [27:38] | Well, I’m sorry | 哦,对不起 | 
| [27:59] | Well, I lose my roommate. | 哦,我失去了我的室友 | 
| [28:02] | I lose my cases. | 我输了我的案子 | 
| [28:03] | I lose my cases to my roommate. | 我把案子输给了我的室友 | 
| [28:08] | Have you given any more thought to Ellenor? | 你想好怎么答复Ellenor了? | 
| [28:09] | Not really, | 还没呢 | 
| [28:10] | were still going to see each other right? | 我们还会见面吧 | 
| [28:13] | Helen | |
| [28:14] | Come on, don’t Helen me. | 别这么叫 | 
| [28:15] | I like having you in the next room, | 我还想再和你共处一室 | 
| [28:17] | even gotten used to Bobby being in it with you | 甚至可以习惯和Bobby分享你 | 
| [28:20] | We’re still going to se each other all the time | 我们一直会保持联系的 | 
| [28:23] | Ya, when you moving out? | 好吧,你什么时候搬出去? | 
| [28:26] | End of the month, I guess | 月底吧,我想 | 
| [28:34] | I don’t want to loose you, Lindsay | 我不想失去你, Lindsay | 
| [28:37] | Oh you’re not going to lose me | 喔你不会失去我的 | 
| [28:42] | promise | 保证 | 
| [29:01] | Anything else? | 还有别的吗? | 
| [29:02] | Now everything else can wait till tomorrow | 现在什么事都可以等到明天再说 | 
| [29:04] | Ok, I’m on my way to Pierce Stanton’s house | 好的我在去Pierce Stanton家的路上 | 
| [29:07] | just going to see how he’s doing | 就是去看看他 | 
| [29:09] | then I’ll probably head home | 然后就回家 | 
| [29:10] | Have a good night | 晚安 | 
| [29:11] | You too. | 你也是 | 
| [29:33] | Where’s he going? | 他要去哪里? | 
| [29:41] | I’m not saying I don’t like her | 我没说我不喜欢她 | 
| [29:43] | I’m just saying you and Helen as roommates | 我只是说你和Helen作为室友 | 
| [29:44] | What, we get along great | 咋了,我们和谐相处 | 
| [29:45] | Oil and vinegar | 干柴烈火 | 
| [29:48] | I hear a phone ringing. | 我听到电话响了 | 
| [29:51] | It would just be nice | 只要友善待人 | 
| [29:52] | to get out of that rabbit worn | 什么的见鬼去吧 | 
| [29:53] | that’s all I can say | 那就是我要说的 | 
| [29:54] | Hey Jimmy, it’s Alison Olson | 嘿Jimmy,是Alison Olson | 
| [30:00] | Alison, what’s up? | Alison, 怎么了 | 
| [30:04] | Oh my god, when? | 哦上帝啊,什么时候? | 
| [30:08] | Oh god, | 哦上帝 | 
| [30:10] | where are you now? | 你现在在哪里 | 
| [30:13] | I’ll be right there | 我马上到 | 
| [30:16] | Jimmy, what’s wrong? | Jimmy,出了什么事? | 
| [30:23] | Steven Olson, he just hung himself in the garage | Steven Olson,他在车库里上吊自杀 | 
| [30:30] | He’s dead? | 他死了? | 
| [30:34] | Ya | 对 | 
| [31:12] | Come in. | 请进 | 
| [31:45] | I know he was upset by all this | 我知道他因为这些很沮丧 | 
| [31:48] | but I never, never… | 但是我从没想到,从没想到… | 
| [31:51] | Alison, Steven killed the woman | Alison, Steven杀了那个女人 | 
| [31:56] | What? | 什么 | 
| [31:59] | Your husband was taking the fall for him | 你的丈夫是因为他入狱的 | 
| [32:02] | I confronted Steven about it this afternoon | 我今天下午和Steven对峙了 | 
| [32:12] | Come on, Come on, Come on | 快,快,快 | 
| [32:14] | Hi, this is Lindsay | 嘿,这里Lindsay | 
| [32:15] | I’m not home right now | 我现在不在家 | 
| [32:16] | but if you leave a message | 如果你留言 | 
| [32:17] | I’ll call you back, thanks | 我会给你回电,谢谢 | 
| [32:19] | Lindsay, call me as soon as you get this. | Lindsay,收到留言尽快给我打电话 | 
| [32:21] | I just saw our little friend Pierce Stanton | 我刚看见我们的小朋友Pierce Stanton | 
| [32:23] | going in to Officer Henderson’s | 进了Henderson警官的家 | 
| [32:24] | I think they pulled off the perfect crime | 我认为他们谋划了一起完美的犯罪 | 
| [32:27] | You killed my son | 你害死了我儿子 | 
| [32:29] | Henry | |
| [32:29] | You killed my son | 你害死了我儿子 | 
| [32:31] | I didn’t kill him, | 我没杀他 | 
| [32:32] | he took his life out of guilt | 他因为愧疚自杀 | 
| [32:33] | Because you went to him | 因为你去找他 | 
| [32:34] | after I told you not to go to him | 在我和你说了不要去找他之后 | 
| [32:38] | I know, and I’m sorry | 我知道,我很抱歉 | 
| [32:44] | all that’s left for me to do now is get you out. | 我剩下能做的就是帮你离开这里 | 
| [32:49] | I’m going to tell the DA everything that’s happened | 我要去找地方检察官吧事情都说出来 | 
| [32:52] | and hopefully we can get you out | 希望我们能把你救出来 | 
| [32:57] | How could you, how could you. | 你怎么能,你怎么能。 | 
| [33:01] | I told you… | 我告诉过你… | 
| [33:12] | You have one new message | 你有一条新消息 | 
| [33:14] | Lindsay, call me as soon as you get this. | Lindsay,收到留言尽快给我打电话 | 
| [33:16] | I just saw our little friend Pierce Stanton | 我刚看见我们的小朋友Pierce Stanton | 
| [33:17] | going in to Officer Henderson’s | 进了Henderson警官的家 | 
| [33:19] | I think they pulled off the perfect crime | 我认为他们谋划了一起完美的犯罪 | 
| [33:23] | To store the message, press SAVE. | 存贮信息,按 SAVE | 
| [33:26] | Message saved. | 信息已存 | 
| [33:45] | This is a warrant to search you house | 这是搜查令 | 
| [33:46] | What? | 什么? | 
| [33:47] | Cynthia Henderson | |
| [33:48] | you’re under arrest for the murder | 你涉嫌谋杀被捕了 | 
| [33:49] | of Elizabeth Stanton. | 还有 Elizabeth Stanton | 
| [33:50] | You have the right to remain silent, | 你有权保持沉默 | 
| [33:52] | you have the right to an attorney | 你有权找律师 | 
| [33:53] | if you cannot afford an attorney | 如果你没有律师 | 
| [33:55] | one will be appointed to you | 法院会指派一名给你 | 
| [34:00] | Hello? | 你好? | 
| [34:01] | What? | 什么? | 
| [34:04] | I’ll be right there | 我马上到 | 
| [34:05] | What? | 什么? | 
| [34:06] | The police somehow figured it out | 警察用什么方法搞定了证据 | 
| [34:08] | they just arrested both of ‘em | 刚把他们都逮捕了 | 
| [34:15] | Did he leave any kind of note? | 他留下任何记录吗? | 
| [34:17] | No | 没有 | 
| [34:17] | Well, did he admit to anyone | 呃,他向任何人承认过吗 | 
| [34:19] | that he killed the woman? | 是他杀了那个女人 | 
| [34:20] | No, but he didn’t exactly deny in though | 没有,但是他完全不否认 | 
| [34:22] | either when I confronted him | 在我和他对峙的时候 | 
| [34:24] | What are you asking me for? | 你来要求我干嘛呢? | 
| [34:26] | Henry didn’t do it. | Henry 没杀人 | 
| [34:28] | I’m asking you to release him | 我来要求你释放他 | 
| [34:29] | You’re not serious? | 你不是认真的吧? | 
| [34:31] | Of course I’m serious | 我当然是认真的 | 
| [34:31] | the guy didn’t commit the crime | 那个人没犯罪 | 
| [34:33] | You think I’m going to ask a Judge | 你想我去找法官 | 
| [34:34] | to release a convicted murderer | 去释放一个被判有罪的杀人犯 | 
| [34:36] | on the grounds that his defense attorney | 因为他的辩护律师说他是无辜的 | 
| [34:37] | says he’s innocent?! | 他是无辜的 | 
| [34:38] | I expect you to because he is innocent! | 我希望你去因为他是无辜的! | 
| [34:40] | For all I know | 据我所知 | 
| [34:41] | the kid hung himself | 那孩子自杀了 | 
| [34:42] | because his father is a killer! | 因为他父亲是一个杀人犯! | 
| [34:43] | That’s not the case! | 不是这么回事! | 
| [34:44] | Well, give me evidence | 好,给我证据 | 
| [34:45] | your word of honor doesn’t but a cup of coffee | 你的保证不是一杯咖啡 | 
| [35:03] | Richard, I’m telling you the truth here | Richard,我告诉你的是真相 | 
| [35:07] | Look, even if I did believe you | 你瞧,就算我相信你 | 
| [35:12] | and lets say I do, ok | 然后我照做,好 | 
| [35:14] | I’m inclined to | 我想要相信你 | 
| [35:16] | I don’t trust your partners so much | 我不怎么相信你的同事 | 
| [35:17] | but you strike me as honest. | 但是你的真诚打动了我 | 
| [35:20] | I don’t have any way of knowing | 我没有任何办法知道 | 
| [35:22] | that your right | 你是对的 | 
| [35:23] | and again even if I thought you were right | 就算我想你是对的 | 
| [35:25] | you think I have any basis to try | 你想我基于什么去 | 
| [35:27] | and throw out a conviction? | 推翻一个有罪判决 | 
| [35:28] | Even If went to the Judge | 就算去找法官 | 
| [35:29] | he’d thrown me out on my ass | 他会把我一脚踢出来 | 
| [35:30] | after which my boss would throw me out on the street. | 然后我的上司会把我丢到街上 | 
| [35:34] | There is nothing I can do here. | 我真的什么也帮不了你 | 
| [35:37] | An innocent man is going to | 一个无辜的人 | 
| [35:39] | spend the rest of his life in prison | 将要在监狱里度过余生 | 
| [35:42] | for a crime he didn’t commit | 为了一项他没犯下的罪 | 
| [35:46] | Wouldn’t be the first time that happened. | 这不是第一次发生这样的事了 | 
| [35:52] | Case #32345 and 32346 | 32345和32346号案件 | 
| [35:55] | commonwealth versus Pierce Stanton and Cynthia Henderson | 联邦起诉Pierce Stanton和Cynthia Henderson | 
| [35:58] | murder in the 1st degree, | 一级谋杀案 | 
| [35:59] | conspiracy to commit murder | 合谋杀人 | 
| [36:01] | Bobby Donnell for Pierce Stanton, Your Honor | Bobby Donnell代理Pierce Stanton,法官阁下 | 
| [36:03] | Marshall Sholtz for Cynthia Henderson | Marshall Sholtz代理Cynthia Henderson | 
| [36:04] | Your Honor, this seems like harassment. | 法官阁下,这看起来是骚扰。 | 
| [36:06] | The police are frustrated | 警察觉得挫败 | 
| [36:07] | after loosing Mr. Stanton so they hatch a conspiracy theory | 因为无罪释放了Stanton先生所以他们策划了这起阴谋 | 
| [36:10] | between Mr. Stanton and the Officer | Stanton先生和这位 | 
| [36:12] | who searched the trunk | 搜查了后备箱的警官 | 
| [36:12] | without any new evidence what so ever, | 没有发现了什么新证据 | 
| [36:14] | as far as I can tell on the incident report. | 就我看到的事件报告而言 | 
| [36:16] | I have to admit, Miss. Gamble | 我必须承认 Gamble小姐 | 
| [36:18] | I’m a little curious | 我有点好奇 | 
| [36:19] | We have new evidence, Your Honor | 我们有新证据,法官阁下 | 
| [36:20] | I have an audiotape | 我有一份录音 | 
| [36:21] | I’m happy to play for the court | 我很乐意在法庭上播放 | 
| [36:23] | Let’s hear it | 让我们听听 | 
| [36:28] | Lindsay, call me as soon as you get this. | Lindsay,收到留言尽快给我打电话 | 
| [36:30] | I just saw our little friend Pierce Stanton | 我刚看见我们的小朋友Pierce Stanton | 
| [36:32] | going in to Officer Henderson’s | 进了Henderson警官的家 | 
| [36:33] | I think they pulled off the perfect crime | 我认为他们谋划了一起完美的犯罪 | 
| [36:35] | That was attorney Robert Donnell | 这是代理律师 Robert Donnell | 
| [36:38] | talking to attorney Lindsay Dole. | 和代理律师Lindsay Dole. | 
| [36:40] | We then went to Miss. Henderson’s home | 接着我们去了Henderson小姐的家 | 
| [36:41] | and found Miss. Henderson and Mr. Stanton together | 发现Henderson小姐和Stanton先生在一起 | 
| [36:44] | First of all, | 首先 | 
| [36:44] | that tape was a private message from me to Miss. Dole | 这份录音是私人信息是我给Dole小姐的 | 
| [36:47] | Mr. Donnell is not the defendant | Donnell先生不是被告 | 
| [36:49] | he has no standing to assert 4th amendment arguments | 他没有第四宪法修正案的立场 | 
| [36:52] | Second, its work product, lawyer to lawyer | 第二,这是工作成果,律师给律师 | 
| [36:54] | This isn’t work product | 这不是工作成果 | 
| [36:55] | it doesn’t involve strategy | 这和辩护策略无关 | 
| [36:56] | How did you get this tape? | 你怎么拿到这个录音的? | 
| [36:57] | Lindsay Dole’s my roommate, Your Honor | Lindsay Dole是我的室友,法官阁下 | 
| [36:59] | I pulled it off her answering machine | 我从她的答录机得到的 | 
| [37:00] | Which is an invasion of privacy | 这是侵犯个人隐私 | 
| [37:02] | You ‘re not on trial here | 你不是在受审 | 
| [37:03] | they are and they can’t argue an invasion | 他们不能以隐私来争辩 | 
| [37:05] | of your privacy as a defense | 个人隐私是辩护策略 | 
| [37:06] | I still maintain its work product | 我始终坚持这是工作成果 | 
| [37:08] | The case was over, doesn’t apply | 案子结束了,不能这样申辩 | 
| [37:09] | Quiet, | 安静 | 
| [37:10] | am I to understand that these two | 我是不是能理解为这两件事 | 
| [37:11] | orchestrated that unconstitutional search of the trunk? | 把违法搜查后备箱联系在一起 | 
| [37:14] | Yes, your Honor | 是的,法官阁下 | 
| [37:15] | their lovers he kills the wife, | 他们是情人,他杀了妻子, | 
| [37:17] | she is a police officer | 她是警官 | 
| [37:18] | illegally searches the trunk, | 非法搜查了后备箱 | 
| [37:20] | the body and the confession are thrown | 尸体和供述被排除 | 
| [37:22] | and of course it would be nearly impossible | 当然这几乎可能 | 
| [37:25] | for the police to build a case | 让警察不能立案 | 
| [37:26] | independent of search and confession. | 失去了搜查和供述 | 
| [37:29] | End result they get away with murder | 结果是让他们逍遥法外 | 
| [37:31] | Aren’t we cleaver | 我们很清楚了 | 
| [37:33] | Your Honor | 法官阁下 | 
| [37:33] | that phone message should not be allowed in! | 电话留言不应该被允许作为证据 | 
| [37:35] | Mr. Donnell, I had no choice | Donnell先生,我别无选择 | 
| [37:36] | but to set your client free the last time | 上次放走了你的当事人 | 
| [37:38] | but here I am very much in charge. | 但是现在我很负责的说 | 
| [37:42] | As Miss. Gamble pointed out | 就像Gamble小姐指出的 | 
| [37:43] | your client has no standing | 你的当事人没有立足点 | 
| [37:45] | to assert your privacy rights | 来维护你的隐私权 | 
| [37:47] | nor do I find your little phone message | 我也没有发现你的电话留言 | 
| [37:49] | to fall within work product. | 有任何有关工作成果 | 
| [37:50] | The charges stand | 指控成立 | 
| [37:53] | they will be held without bail | 他们将被关押,不许保释 | 
| [37:54] | and that is that. | 就这样 | 
| [37:59] | I don’t want you hear it | 我不想你听到的 | 
| [38:00] | get out of my office | 离开我的办公室 | 
| [38:01] | We’re not getting out until you look me in the eye… | 我们不会走的,除非你看着我 | 
| [38:03] | I am looking you in the eye. | 我在看着你 | 
| [38:05] | I wasn’t about to let those two murderers go free. | 我不能让两个杀人犯逍遥法外 | 
| [38:07] | I didn’t think it was going to jeopardize our friendship | 我不认为这会影响我们的友谊 | 
| [38:10] | I thought our friendship was stronger than that. | 我们的友谊比这坚固多了 | 
| [38:12] | It was a private message | 这是私人信息 | 
| [38:13] | And if the stakes weren’t so high | 如果赌注不是那么高 | 
| [38:15] | Come on, Helen, | 别这样 Helen | 
| [38:16] | you of all people | 为什么偏偏是你 | 
| [38:17] | You of all people what | 什么叫“为什么偏偏是你” | 
| [38:18] | Was it a violation of trust? | 这背叛了你的信任? | 
| [38:20] | Maybe it was, again in the scheme of things… | 或许吧,此外在事情的发展上・ | 
| [38:23] | and you, you traded on inside information | 还有你,你利用我的内部信息 | 
| [38:26] | with me last year | 去年 | 
| [38:27] | too much more tragic results. | 多悲剧的结果 | 
| [38:29] | I can’t believe you can be standing here | 我不敢相信你还站在这里 | 
| [38:30] | complaining at all. | 还在抱怨 | 
| [38:31] | Did you think I was going to | 你能想象我在法庭上听到 | 
| [38:32] | sit on that information because you’re my friends? | 这个消息时,是因为你是我的朋友? | 
| [38:57] | Come on, I’ll buy you a beer | 来吧,我们去喝一杯 | 
| [39:00] | I got a little more work to do | 我还有点工作要做 | 
| [39:02] | There is nothing else you can do, Jimmy | 你现在什么也做不了,Jimmy | 
| [39:04] | No, I’ve done enough already. | 是的,我做的够多了 | 
| [39:08] | I should have listened to you, | 我应该听你的 | 
| [39:10] | maybe that kid | 或许那个孩子 | 
| [39:11] | That kid wasn’t going to survive staying quiet | 那孩子没办法昧着良心活着 | 
| [39:13] | we both know that | 我们都知道 | 
| [39:14] | he was a murderer | 他是杀人凶手 | 
| [39:15] | lets not forget it | 我们别忘了 | 
| [39:22] | I’m going to head home | 我要回家了 | 
| [39:24] | need me call ok | 如果需要给我电话好吗? | 
| [39:25] | Ok | 好的 | 
| [39:37] | It’s so easy to play if I’d just done that, | 如果我接受你的建议就简单多了 | 
| [39:41] | if had only said this, | 如果必须要这么说的话 | 
| [39:44] | you’ll lose that game Jimmy. | 你会输掉这场游戏,Jimmy | 
| [39:46] | I put killers back on the street | 我把杀人犯放回街上 | 
| [39:49] | only to see them kill again. | 只能看他们再犯罪 | 
| [39:52] | You can only be true to yourself and trust that | 你只能相信自己相信那些 | 
| [39:57] | No, you can only be true to the rules. | 是的,你只能相信规则 | 
| [40:05] | You put killers back on the street | 你把杀人犯放回街上 | 
| [40:09] | because the rules of law told you to. | 因为法律规则告诉你这么做 | 
| [40:13] | The rules here they said honor privilege. | 这就是他们说的规则的荣耀 | 
| [40:19] | I broke the rules | 我破坏了规则 | 
| [40:22] | and now a kid is dead and my client… | 现在一个孩子死了而我的当事人… | 
| [40:28] | I don’t have any system to cling to | 我没有一个制度可以依靠 | 
| [40:37] | You saw a terrible situation | 你处在一个可怕的处境 | 
| [40:40] | and tried to improve it, | 设法改变它 | 
| [40:46] | cling to that | 依靠它 | 
| [41:10] | What if we get sued for malpractice? | 如果我们被控玩忽职守怎么办? | 
| [41:11] | You think about that? | 你在想这些? | 
| [41:12] | By a murderer? | 被杀人犯 | 
| [41:13] | Yes, I’m sure the Jury will award huge damages | 好吧,我肯定陪审团会大受打击 | 
| [41:20] | Maybe we can suppress the tape as hearsay | 也许我们可以把录音作为传闻证据要求禁止 | 
| [41:23] | Doubt it, declaration against maybe | 我怀疑,声明不利或许吧 | 
| [41:25] | even res gestae it’ll get in | 不管情况怎么样它都会成为证据 | 
| [41:32] | What were you thinking anyway? | 你到底怎么想的 | 
| [41:33] | Lindsay | |
| [41:34] | Don’t Lindsay me | 别喊我名字 | 
| [41:35] | What are you going to attack me now? | 你为什么埋怨我 | 
| [41:36] | Yes, because it was a stupid thing to do | 是的,因为你做了一件蠢事 | 
| [41:38] | I’m not even listening | 我还在听 | 
| [41:39] | You know Helen retrieves my messages for me | 你知道Henlen帮我听留言 | 
| [41:41] | ever since I’ve been staying here, | 从我待在这里以后 | 
| [41:42] | I call her to get them | 我让她记下留言 | 
| [41:43] | since I can’t call it myself… | 因为我没办法回 | 
| [41:49] | Oh my god. | 哦,我的上帝 | 
| [41:52] | You know Helen retrieves my messages for me, | 你知道Helen帮我收留言 | 
| [41:58] | that phone call was for Helen | 那个电话是打给Helen的 | 
| [41:59] | You don’t know what you’re talking about | 你不知道你在说什么 | 
| [42:03] | Bobby Donnell | |
| [42:05] | Lindsay, just read your book | Lindsay,看你的书吧 |