时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on The Practice: | 前集回顾 |
[00:02] | She’s taking me to court. | 她正在带我去法庭。 |
[00:04] | She wants a divorce? | 她想离婚吗? |
[00:05] | No, no, she’s too smart for that, | 不,不,她太聪明了, |
[00:08] | now she wants to be named my conservator. | 现在她想成为我的管理员。 |
[00:09] | Joanne, I just think we might… | Joanne,我想我们可能会…… |
[00:11] | You looked me in the eye two years ago and told me to step in. | 你在两年前看着我的眼睛,并告诉我介入。 |
[00:14] | That was about getting him to stop practicing law; | 那是关于让他停止执业的法律; |
[00:17] | this is about competency. | 这是关于能力。 |
[00:18] | I can’t control him anymore. | 我无法控制他了。 |
[00:19] | Control me? I don’t need you to control me. | 控制我?我不需要你来控制我。 |
[00:24] | Where’s Ray? Is he all right? | 雷在哪里?他没事吗? |
[00:26] | Bobby, Bobby. | 鲍比,鲍比。 |
[00:27] | Oh god. Ray, what happened? | 天啊。雷,发生了什么? |
[00:31] | She tried to kill me. | 她试图杀死我。 |
[00:32] | Do you realize what you’ve done? | 你知道你做了什么吗? |
[00:34] | How about and NGI plead? | NGI和NGI请求? |
[00:36] | Insanity? | 疯狂? |
[00:37] | Get the right shrink, get the psych-exam, I’ll back you. | 得到正确的缩小,得到心理考试,我会支持你。 |
[00:40] | Listen, the only way that I can effectively | 听着,我能有效的唯一方法 |
[00:42] | represent you here is to plead insanity. | 在这里代表你就是要恳求精神错乱。 |
[00:45] | It’s not gonna happen. | 这不会发生。 |
[00:46] | You confessed. | 你承认了。 |
[00:47] | No, no. I said self defence. | 不,不。我说自卫。 |
[00:50] | Common Wealth versus Raymond Oz. murder in the first degree. | 一级谋杀。 |
[00:54] | The defendant enters a plea of not guilty. | 被告人不认罪。 |
[00:56] | Your Honour, I would like to represent myself. | 法官大人,我想代表我自己。 |
[00:58] | I will allow you to represent yourself | 我会让你代表你自己 |
[01:00] | but I am ordering Mr. Donald to stay on as co-counsel. | 但我正在命令唐纳德先生继续担任共同法律顾问。 |
[01:03] | I don’t need him. | 我不需要他。 |
[01:04] | Well, then you’ll just have to humor me. | 那么,你只需要幽默我。 |
[01:18] | Counsel, what’s your strategy? | 律师,你有什么策略? |
[01:20] | The question is no comment. | 无可奉告。 |
[01:28] | One of the reasons I went to law school was Raymond Oz, | 我去法学院的原因之一是Raymond Oz, |
[01:34] | sitting over there in that chair is a legend. | 坐在那椅子上是一个传奇。 |
[01:39] | When I decided I wanna to be a lawyer, | 当我决定想成为一名律师时, |
[01:42] | I, like so many others who’ve walked into this room, | 我和很多走进这个房间的人一样, |
[01:46] | really wanted to be him. | 真的想成为他。 |
[01:50] | I sat back in that gallery and watched him charm hostile witnesses, | 我坐在那个画廊里,看着他有魅力的敌对证人, |
[01:56] | befuddle the smartest of judges, | 迷惑最聪明的法官, |
[01:58] | mesmerized juries. | 迷人的陪审团。 |
[02:00] | He quite likely will charm and mesmerize the 12 of you. | 他很可能会魅惑和迷恋你们中的12个。 |
[02:05] | But we are not here today in tribute of Raymond Oz. | 但我们今天不在这里,向雷蒙德·奥兹致敬。 |
[02:09] | We are here because he committed a murder. | 我们在这里是因为他犯了谋杀罪。 |
[02:13] | The evidence will show that he picked up a bronze trophy | 证据表明他拿起了一个铜牌奖杯 |
[02:18] | that has once been represented to him | 这曾经代表了他 |
[02:20] | for one of his many accomplishments, | 对他的许多成就之一, |
[02:22] | and he struck his wife Joanne, killing her. | 他袭击了他的妻子乔安妮,杀死了她。 |
[02:28] | I wish it weren’t so, | 我希望事实并非如此, |
[02:29] | you have no idea how much I wish it weren’t so. | 你不知道我有多希望它不是这样。 |
[02:36] | But it is. | |
[03:00] | Wishes he were me, he says. | 他说,他是我的愿望。 |
[03:04] | Look behind my table, ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们,先生们,请看我的桌子后面, |
[03:09] | you won’t see any sons and daughters, grandchildren. | 你不会看到任何儿子和女儿,孙子。 |
[03:13] | We never have them, my wife and I, | 我们从来没有他们,我的妻子和我, |
[03:15] | all we have was each other. | 我们所有的都是彼此。 |
[03:18] | And yet our lives never felt empty. | 然而,我们的生活从未感到空虚。 |
[03:23] | Ours was a great love affair. | 我们是一个伟大的爱情事件。 |
[03:28] | I killed her, | 我杀了她, |
[03:30] | the only woman I’ve ever loved, | 我唯一曾经爱过的女人, |
[03:32] | I killed her, | 我杀了她, |
[03:34] | but it was in self defence. | 但它是自卫。 |
[03:36] | Now Mr. Bay wasn’t there, | 现在湾先生不在那里, |
[03:39] | the police detectives weren’t there, | 警察侦探不在那里, |
[03:40] | I was there. | 我在那里。 |
[03:43] | A great love affair. | 一个伟大的爱情。 |
[03:45] | And I don’t know what would haunt me more, | 而且我不知道什么会让我更加困扰, |
[03:49] | that in the end I took her life | 那最终我夺走了她的生命 |
[03:53] | or that in the end she tried to take mine. | 或者最后她试图拿走我的。 |
[05:00] | When we arrived we discovered the victim on the dining room floor | 当我们到达时,我们在餐厅的地板上发现了受害人 |
[05:03] | bleeding from a head wound. | 头部伤口出血。 |
[05:04] | Did you see anybody else? | 你有没有看到其他人? |
[05:06] | The defendant. | 被告。 |
[05:07] | He was sitting at the kitchen table, | 他正坐在厨房的桌子旁, |
[05:09] | he appeared to be crying. | 他似乎在哭泣。 |
[05:10] | Did he say anything? | 他说了什么吗? |
[05:11] | He said that he had to do it. | 他说他必须这样做。 |
[05:13] | He just kept saying he had to do it. | 他只是不断说他必须这样做。 |
[05:16] | Did you ask him what he meant by that? | 你问过他那是什么意思吗? |
[05:18] | Yes, | 是, |
[05:18] | and he replied: she had to be stoped. | 他回答说:她必须停下来。 |
[05:23] | Thank you, Detective. | 谢谢,侦探。 |
[05:24] | Didn’t I tell you that she tried to kill me | 我不是告诉你她试图杀死我吗? |
[05:29] | and that I acted in self defence. | 并且我采取了自卫行动。 |
[05:31] | Didn’t I say those words to you? | 我不是那样对你说这些话吗? |
[05:34] | That came much later. | 那很晚。 |
[05:36] | Please read Ms. Gamble’s question. | 请阅读Gamble女士的问题。 |
[05:42] | Did he say anything? | 他说了什么吗? |
[05:44] | That’s the question: anything, not right away. | 这就是问题:任何事情,都不是马上。 |
[05:47] | Why didn’t you tell the jury everything I said, Detective? | 你为什么不告诉陪审团我说的一切,侦探? |
[05:51] | I thought the question refer to what I first arrived. | 我认为这个问题涉及到我刚到的东西。 |
[05:53] | Is that really so? | 那真的是吗? |
[05:54] | Or did you think that if you told the whole truth | 或者你是否认为如果你说出了全部的真相 |
[05:57] | it wouldn’t help secure the conviction | 这无助于确保定罪 |
[05:59] | that you are up here to get as a witness for the prosecution? | 你是否在这里作为检方的证人? |
[06:02] | Objection! | 异议! |
[06:02] | Sustained. | 持续。 |
[06:03] | Did you find the knife from the scene, Detective? | 你有没有从现场找到刀,侦探? |
[06:06] | Yes, we found a 9 inch serrated carving knife on the floor. | 是的,我们在地板上发现了一把9英寸的锯齿刀。 |
[06:10] | Run fingerprint? | 运行指纹? |
[06:11] | The fingerprints belong to the victim. | 指纹属于受害者。 |
[06:13] | Something else you didn’t tell the jury in you direct testimony, isn’t it? | 你还没有告诉陪审团你的直接证词,不是吗? |
[06:17] | She didn’t ask me about the knife. | 她没有问我关于这把刀的事情。 |
[06:20] | She didn’t ask you about the knife. | 她没有问你关于这把刀的事情。 |
[06:32] | How did it go? | 它是如何去的? |
[06:34] | So far so good. | 到现在为止还挺好。 |
[06:37] | I gotta ** | 我得 ** |
[06:38] | You come down to watch? | 你下来看? |
[06:39] | No, I am having a quick lunch with Roberta. | 不,我正在和罗伯塔快餐。 |
[06:43] | Judge Kittleson? | |
[06:44] | Yeah. | 是啊。 |
[06:45] | Are you two back together again? | 你们俩又回到了一起吗? |
[06:47] | Oh, I don’t know, we’re kind of talking about… | 哦,我不知道,我们在谈论…… |
[06:49] | Jimmy, she’s the judge on this case, | 吉米,她是这个案子的法官, |
[06:51] | that’s a potential conflict… | 这是一个潜在的冲突… |
[06:52] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑吗? |
[06:53] | Her and her integrity of the robe crap. | 她和她的完整的袍子废话。 |
[06:55] | Even the perception of bias… | 即使是对偏见的看法…… |
[06:57] | It’s my business, not yours. | 这是我的事,不是你的。 |
[07:03] | If he stays that good, we are in trouble. | 如果他保持良好状态,我们会陷入困境。 |
[07:05] | He won’t. | 他不会。 |
[07:05] | There is no way he’s gonna make it through the whole trial without flashing his rage. | 没有办法让他在整个审判过程中都没有闪过他的愤怒。 |
[07:10] | He has to take the stand | 他必须采取立场 |
[07:12] | I will keep him up there weeks if I have to. | 如果必须的话,我会在那里呆好几周。 |
[07:15] | He may not have to take the stand, Helen, | 他可能不需要表态,海伦, |
[07:16] | not if we don’t make the elements. | 如果我们不制作元素,则不是。 |
[07:18] | We’re making the elements. | 我们正在制作这些元素。 |
[07:24] | What? | 什么? |
[07:25] | That look you get in your eye, the trial look. | 你看到你的眼神,审判的样子。 |
[07:28] | You are a killer you know that? You are an icy killer. | 你是一个你知道的杀手?你是一个冰冷的杀手。 |
[07:32] | Thank you, Richard. | 谢谢你,理查德。 |
[07:33] | It’s a compliment, I take it. | 这是恭维,我认为。 |
[07:34] | Of course it was. | 当然是。 |
[07:35] | Your style is the same as mine. | 你的风格和我的一样。 |
[07:37] | I am in love with you. | 我爱上你了。 |
[07:39] | I am sorry. I should say infatuated. | 对不起。我应该说迷恋。 |
[07:41] | I mean you are smart, you are sexy, | 我的意思是你很聪明,你很性感, |
[07:44] | you got that little catholic girl thing, | 你有那么一点天主教女孩的东西, |
[07:46] | and in the courtroom you are vicious. | 而在法庭上你是恶毒的。 |
[07:48] | And I totally go for it, the whole package. | 我完全赞同它,整个包装。 |
[07:51] | Richard, we are in the middle of a trial here. | 理查德,我们正在这里进行审判。 |
[07:53] | I speak my mind. | 我说出我的想法。 |
[07:54] | Yes, well, and I am speaking mine. | 是的,好吧,我正在说我的。 |
[07:56] | Let’s stick to business. | 让我们坚持做生意。 |
[07:59] | The point of impact was right here, at the base of the skull. | 影响的关键就在这里,在头骨的底部。 |
[08:03] | Were you able to make a determination, Doctor, | 如果你能够做出决定,医生, |
[08:06] | as to which detection the blow came from? | 这个打击来自哪个检测? |
[08:08] | I think it’s quiet obvious it came from behind. | 我认为它很明显来自后面。 |
[08:10] | Now, Doctor, if Mr. Oz had swung from the side | 现在,医生,如果奥兹先生已经从侧面摇摆了 |
[08:14] | and the victim turned her head, | 受害人转过头, |
[08:16] | is there any chance it could have struck her like this in the rear? | 有没有可能在后面像这样击中她? |
[08:19] | No, she had to be facing the other direction. | 不,她必须面对另一个方向。 |
[08:21] | The blow came from directly behind. | 这一击直接来自后面。 |
[08:23] | You can state this for a medical certainty. | 你可以说明这是为了确保医疗。 |
[08:25] | Absolute. | 绝对。 |
[08:29] | Mr. Oz. | 奥兹先生。 |
[08:32] | I am delighted to know that there is such a thing as a medical certainty. | 我很高兴知道有这样一个医学确定性的东西。 |
[08:37] | Last when I knew one was when my bother in-law was told | 最后一次,当我知道一个人是当我的麻烦婆婆被告知 |
[08:40] | he had six months to live, | 他有六个月的生活, |
[08:42] | that was a medical certainty, | 这是一个医学确定性, |
[08:44] | it was 12 years ago,he still beats me up in tennis. | 那是12年前,他仍然打网球。 |
[08:49] | Doctor, I am gonna purpose a hypothetical to you. | 医生,我要为你假设一个假设。 |
[08:53] | And I want you to tell me if it’s possible. | 我希望你告诉我是否有可能。 |
[08:56] | A woman comes at a man with a knife, | 一名女子用刀对男子说话, |
[09:00] | she swings wildly and she misses. | 她疯狂摇摆,她错过了。 |
[09:02] | Then she comes at him again | 然后她再次来到他身边 |
[09:04] | at which point he picks up a heavy bronze trophy in defence. | 在这一点上,他拿起一个沉重的青铜奖杯来防守。 |
[09:08] | She comes at him again; he raises back to swing. | 她再次来到他身边;他回升到摆动。 |
[09:11] | And as the trophy comes down she turns to run away, | 当奖杯落下时,她转身逃走, |
[09:15] | and she turns 180 degree, but it’s too late | 她转身180度,但已经太晚了 |
[09:18] | because the trophy comes down and strikes her on the back of the head. | 因为奖杯落下并击中了她的头部。 |
[09:21] | Now, I don’t want you to answer in probabilities or likelihoods, doctor. | 现在,我不想让你以概率或可能性回答医生。 |
[09:25] | The question is: is it possible? | 问题是:这可能吗? |
[09:29] | yes or no? | 是或否? |
[09:34] | I suppose it is possible. | 我想这是可能的。 |
[09:37] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢医生。 |
[09:37] | You have just answered one of the most important questions before this court. | 你刚刚在这个法庭上回答了一个最重要的问题。 |
[09:47] | Mr. Oz? | 奥兹先生? |
[09:56] | Who the hell are you? | 你到底是谁? |
[10:04] | In many ways he’s closer to me than my own father. | 在很多方面,他比我的父亲更接近我。 |
[10:08] | The idea of him being a spectacle… | 他是一个奇观的想法… |
[10:11] | Bobby, have you been paying attention in there? He’s winning. | 鲍比,你在那里注意了吗?他赢了。 |
[10:15] | So far maybe. | 也许到目前为止。 |
[10:20] | You all set? | 你们都定了? |
[10:20] | Yes, let’s go. | 好,我们走吧。 |
[10:26] | Trevor. | 特雷弗。 |
[10:27] | Raymond. | 雷蒙德。 |
[10:28] | Oh, wow. | 哦,哇。 |
[10:33] | I am, I’m so sorry. | 我是,我很抱歉。 |
[10:36] | You’ve heard me speak of Bobby Donnell. | 你听说过我说鲍比唐纳尔。 |
[10:38] | Bobby, this is Trevor Wayne, one of my oldest and dearest friends. | Bobby,这是Trevor Wayne,我最老的和最亲密的朋友之一。 |
[10:41] | That’s great of you to come, what a surprise. | 这真是太好了,真是一个惊喜。 |
[10:43] | But the room is full. They’re turning people away, | 但房间已满。他们把人们带走, |
[10:46] | can we get him in, Bobby? | 我们可以让他进来吗,鲍比? |
[10:49] | Ray, he’s… | 雷,他是…… |
[10:51] | he’s testifying for the prosecution. | 他为检方作证。 |
[10:54] | What? | 什么? |
[10:55] | He’s on the witness’s list. | 他在证人名单上。 |
[10:57] | Oh…oh…oh. Yes, of course, of course. | 哦哦哦。当然,当然。 |
[11:01] | Mr. Wayne, we have to get in. | 韦恩先生,我们必须进入。 |
[11:05] | I am sorry, Ray. | 我很抱歉,雷。 |
[11:13] | We should be getting in too. | 我们也应该进入。 |
[11:15] | Come on, Ray. | 来吧,雷。 |
[11:19] | Yeah… Yeah, | 是啊, |
[11:23] | let’s go. | 我们走吧。 |
[11:26] | You two are friends. | 你们两个是朋友。 |
[11:27] | Over 50 years. We stood up for each other at our weddings. | 超过50年。我们在婚礼上互相支持。 |
[11:31] | And yet you’re here testifying against him today. | 但你今天在这里作证。 |
[11:34] | You subpoenaed me. | 你传唤我。 |
[11:35] | Mr. Wayne, the defendant spoke of | 被告说韦恩先生 |
[11:38] | a great love affair between him and the victim. | 他和受害者之间非常热爱。 |
[11:40] | Did you have the opportunity to witness their relationship? | 你有没有机会目睹他们的关系? |
[11:43] | Yes. | 是。 |
[11:44] | Could you descript it? | 你能否描述它? |
[11:45] | It was very loving until the last two years or so. | 直到最近两年,它都非常热爱。 |
[11:50] | What happened? | 发生了什么? |
[11:52] | Ray had a stroke. | 雷中风了。 |
[11:55] | After which he suffered some memory lapses, | 之后,他遭受了一些记忆失误, |
[11:59] | even had some occasional delusions and paranoia. | 甚至偶尔有一些妄想和偏执狂。 |
[12:02] | That’s a lie. | 这是一个谎言。 |
[12:03] | Mr. Oz. you will remain quiet until it’s your turn to cross-examine. | 奥兹先生。你会保持安静,直到轮到你进行盘问。 |
[12:09] | At some point it was difficult for him to try cases any more. | 在某些时候,他很难再试一次。 |
[12:14] | So Joanne evidently told the judge that | 所以乔安妮显然告诉法官说 |
[12:18] | it was time for him to step down. | 现在是他下台的时候了。 |
[12:20] | He never forgave her for that. | 他从不原谅她。 |
[12:22] | He told me he hated her for it. | 他告诉我,他恨她。 |
[12:24] | He used the word “hate”. | 他用“仇恨”一词。 |
[12:27] | Yes. | 是。 |
[12:28] | What else? | 还有什么? |
[12:31] | Well, just recently, | 那么,就在最近, |
[12:32] | she went to court trying to have him declared incompetent. | 她去法院试图让他宣布无能。 |
[12:36] | That enraged him. | 这激怒了他。 |
[12:37] | Objection, foundation. | 异议,基础。 |
[12:39] | Objection is overruled. | 反对意见被否决。 |
[12:41] | Sir, do you have an opinion as to why it so enraged him? | 主席先生,你有意见为何它激怒了他? |
[12:48] | Well, for Ray, I mean everything is about walking into a room. | 那么,对于雷来说,我的意思是一切都是关于走进一个房间。 |
[12:54] | When he made his entrance he needed for people to think | 当他进入时,他需要人们思考 |
[12:58] | “wow, that’s Raymond Oz.” | “哇,那是雷蒙德奥兹。” |
[13:00] | He always, always talked about his legacy. | 他总是,总是谈论他的遗产。 |
[13:05] | I think it was more important to him than anything or anybody. | 我认为这对他来说比任何人或任何人都重要。 |
[13:11] | And the idea of being declared incompetent, | 而被宣布为无能的想法, |
[13:15] | well, you see, that was more than he could handle. | 好吧,你看,这比他能处理的要多。 |
[13:18] | More than he could handle. | 超过他可以处理的。 |
[13:20] | Do you think it could make him homicidal? | 你认为这可能会导致他杀人? |
[13:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[13:29] | Thank you, Mr. Wayne. | 谢谢韦恩先生。 |
[13:37] | Mr. Oz? | 奥兹先生? |
[13:44] | It was fantastic. | 这太棒了。 |
[13:46] | The best thing was how it looked painful for him to bury his friend. | 最好的事情是他为了埋葬他的朋友而感到痛苦。 |
[13:50] | Oz couldn’t get up and do the prosecutorial witness number on him, could he? | 奥兹无法起身,并在他身上起诉检察证人,可以吗? |
[13:54] | And, Helen.You were brilliant. | 而且,海伦,你太棒了。 |
[13:57] | You were quiet; you let the damaging words hang beautifully; | 你很安静;你让这些破坏性的话语漂亮地挂起来; |
[14:01] | you didn’t look aggressive. Fabulous! | 你看起来没有侵略性。极好! |
[14:03] | The witness and the DA look sympathetic. It was music. | 证人和DA看起来很同情。这是音乐。 |
[14:08] | Richard, let’s not lose sight of the fact | 理查德,让我们不要忽略这个事实 |
[14:10] | that the whole thing is a pretty big tragedy | 整个事情是一个非常大的悲剧 |
[14:13] | A woman is dead | 一个女人死了 |
[14:16] | And a great man is destroyed. | 一个伟人被毁灭。 |
[14:19] | Shouldn’t enjoy it too much. | 不应该太喜欢它。 |
[14:21] | I know, I don’t mean to, I really don’t. | 我知道,我不是故意的,我真的不知道。 |
[14:24] | But Helen, we’re back on top. | 但是海伦,我们又回到了顶端。 |
[14:27] | They have to jump to manslaughter now. | 他们现在必须跳到误杀。 |
[14:29] | I hope they still offer it. | 我希望他们仍然提供它。 |
[14:30] | You didn’t cross the guy at all? | 你根本没有穿过这个家伙? |
[14:32] | There is nothing really to cross him on, Eugene, | 没有什么可以穿过他的,尤金, |
[14:33] | the testimony seems to pain him the most. | 证词似乎最让他感到痛苦。 |
[14:36] | He certainly didn’t seem biased. | 他当然没有偏见。 |
[14:37] | The worst thing is I believed him. | 最糟糕的是我相信他。 |
[14:40] | So did I. | 我也是。 |
[14:42] | Then you have to take manslaughter. | 那么你必须采取误杀。 |
[14:43] | Any chance we can switch the pleas to insanity? | |
[14:46] | This late without notice? Forget it. | 这迟到了,没有通知?算了吧。 |
[14:48] | Plus Ray would never go for it. | 加上雷永远不会去。 |
[14:50] | He might now. Even he had to see how damaging that was. | 他现在可能会。即使他必须看到这是多么的破坏。 |
[14:53] | His lifelong friend just gave them motive, gift wrap. | 他终生的朋友只是给了他们动机,礼物包装。 |
[14:57] | Any feel for whether Kittleson would let us switch pleas this deep? | 任何感觉Kittleson是否会让我们改变这种认识? |
[15:01] | Bobby, we haven’t said a word about the case. You kidding? | 鲍比,我们没有说这个案子。你在开玩笑吗? |
[15:04] | You better see if Ray would wish to switch plea. | 你最好看看雷是否希望转换认罪。 |
[15:08] | No insanity. And I don’t want you to mention it ever again. | 没有疯狂。我不希望你再次提及它。 |
[15:12] | Bobby. do you hear me? | 鲍比。你听到我说话了吗? |
[15:13] | You know that we will hurt by you friend Trevor. | 你知道我们会伤害你的朋友Trevor。 |
[15:16] | I was there. I know what he said. | 我在那里。我知道他说了什么。 |
[15:20] | Raymond, Raymond, look at me. | 雷蒙德,雷蒙德,看着我。 |
[15:24] | The jury has all it needs to convict you now. | 陪审团拥有它现在需要给你定罪的一切。 |
[15:28] | If we can just switch pleas… | 如果我们可以转换请求… |
[15:30] | No. | 没有。 |
[15:31] | You have to consider this… | 你必须考虑这个… |
[15:32] | I will not have my final legacy adulter… | 我不会有最后的遗产通奸…… |
[15:38] | Enough about your damn legacy. | 足够你的该死的遗产。 |
[15:41] | Legacy is family, it’s friends. | 遗产是家庭,是朋友。 |
[15:46] | You killed your wife and your best friend just turned on you. | 你杀了你的妻子和你最好的朋友只是打开你。 |
[15:49] | That’s your legacy, Ray. | 这是你的遗产,Ray。 |
[15:50] | You turned on me, Bobby, didn’t you? | 你打开了我,鲍比,不是吗? |
[15:53] | You are the one who went to the judge, aren’t you? | 你是去法官的人,是吗? |
[15:55] | Yes. And you are the one that wanted to end my legal career. | 是。而你是那个想要结束我的法律职业的人。 |
[15:58] | You are the one that convinced Joanne to go along with you. | 你是说服乔安跟你一起去的人。 |
[16:03] | And I hated you for that, Bobby. | 我讨厌你,鲍比。 |
[16:05] | Oh. So you hate me now too, Ray. | 哦。所以你现在也恨我,雷。 |
[16:08] | Yes. I hate you, Bobby. | 是。我讨厌你,鲍比。 |
[16:11] | I won’t shy away from saying that, I hate you. | 我不会回避说,我讨厌你。 |
[16:14] | And you know what? | 你知道吗? |
[16:16] | I am beginning to hate you right back, because you are so pathetic. | 我开始恨你,因为你太可怜了。 |
[16:20] | You watch your mouth. | 你看你的嘴。 |
[16:22] | You wife is dead and you haven’t even been to her grave. | 你的妻子已经死了,你甚至没有去过她的坟墓。 |
[16:25] | All you care about is your reputation as a lawyer, the great Oz. | 你所关心的是你作为律师的名声,伟大的奥兹。 |
[16:30] | Well you may not have loved Joanne, I did, | 那么你可能不喜欢乔安妮,我做过, |
[16:32] | like I once loved you. | 就像我曾经爱过你一样。 |
[16:35] | And now I don’t think you were insane. | 现在我不认为你疯了。 |
[16:38] | I think it was premeditated. | 我认为这是有预谋的。 |
[16:40] | You weren’t about to let her declare you were incompetent | 你不会让她宣称你是无能的 |
[16:43] | and torn your legacy | 并撕毁了你的遗产 |
[16:44] | so you killed her. | 所以你杀了她。 |
[16:46] | And that’s what you’ll live behind with me, Ray. | 这就是你会和我一起生活的地方,雷。 |
[16:48] | I’ll remember you as a premeditated murderer. | 我会记住你是一个有预谋的谋杀者。 |
[16:51] | Bobby. | 鲍比。 |
[16:52] | Get out. | 出去。 |
[16:53] | How dare you accuse me of not loving her! | 你怎么敢指责我不爱她! |
[16:57] | You killed her. | 你杀了她。 |
[16:59] | And now you’re telling the world that she tried to kill you? | 现在你告诉世界她试图杀死你? |
[17:02] | What about her legacy, Ray? | 她的遗产呢,雷呢? |
[17:05] | This woman devoted her entire life to you, | 这个女人把她的一生献给了你, |
[17:08] | what about the memory of her? | 她的记忆呢? |
[17:10] | She deserved better than that. | 她理应比这更好。 |
[17:12] | Your precious legacy. | 您珍贵的遗产。 |
[17:16] | You will die an unloved murderer. | 你会死于一个不受欢迎的凶手。 |
[17:20] | You… | 您… |
[17:21] | you’re a pitiful old man. | 你是一个可怜的老人。 |
[17:48] | Hey, let’s go to bed. | 嘿,我们去睡觉吧。 |
[17:54] | I told him he’ll die an unloved murderer. | 我告诉他他会死掉一个不受欢迎的凶手。 |
[18:01] | He did everything for me. | 他为我做了一切。 |
[18:08] | He may die a murderer, but he’s obviously not unloved. | 他可能会杀死一个凶手,但他显然不是不爱。 |
[18:17] | Come on. Let’s get some sleep. | 来吧。让我们睡一觉。 |
[18:35] | I wanna change my plea to insanity. | 我想改变我对精神错乱的请求。 |
[18:41] | I can’t have people think that about Joanne. | 我不能让人想到乔安妮。 |
[18:45] | At the time I thought she was trying to kill me, | 当时我以为她想杀我, |
[18:49] | but I know she… | 但我知道她…… |
[18:51] | she couldn’t have been. | 她不可能。 |
[18:56] | You know… | 你懂… |
[18:58] | you know that I never ever would have harmed her, Bobby. | 你知道我永远不会伤害她,鲍比。 |
[19:04] | You know that. | 你懂的。 |
[19:10] | I wanna change my plea to insanity. | 我想改变我对精神错乱的请求。 |
[19:23] | I am not allowing you to switch to insanity now. | 我不允许你现在改变疯狂。 |
[19:27] | Your Honour, I was in an irrational and delusional… | 法官大人,我处于非理性和妄想状态…… |
[19:30] | Mr. Oz, you had the option, | 奥兹先生,你可以选择, |
[19:32] | you chose to enter a plea of not guilty on the elements. | 你选择对这些元素进行无罪辩护。 |
[19:35] | I’m not about to let you change your mind because the trial isn’t going well. | 我不打算让你改变主意,因为审判进展不顺利。 |
[19:39] | Your Honour, we are all officers of the court here. | 法官大人,我们都是这里法庭的官员。 |
[19:41] | Oh. I just love that, especially from defence attorneys. | 哦。我只是喜欢这一点,特别是来自辩护律师。 |
[19:46] | You were an officer of the court when you entered that plea, | 当你提出这个请求时,你是法院的一名官员, |
[19:49] | you are now going to have to live with that plea. | 你现在必须忍受这种请求。 |
[19:52] | Twenty minutes back in section. | 二十分钟回到部分。 |
[19:58] | Manslaughter still available? | 杀人仍然可用? |
[20:00] | -Yes. -No. | -是。 -没有。 |
[20:00] | Richard. | 理查德。 |
[20:01] | We’ll give you manslaughter now. | 我们现在会给你误杀。 |
[20:02] | If you push it any further it’s off the table. | 如果你再推它,它离开桌子。 |
[20:11] | I think we should take it. | 我认为我们应该接受它。 |
[20:12] | Why? | 为什么? |
[20:14] | At my age manslaughter is a life sentence. | 在我这个年龄,误杀是无期徒刑。 |
[20:17] | Might as well roll the dice. | 不妨掷骰子。 |
[20:19] | It’s possible you could be out in three. | 有可能你可能三分出局。 |
[20:21] | With Kittleson and Bay? | 用Kittleson和Bay? |
[20:24] | That little shadowland is gonna ask for the maximum. | 那个小阴影会要求最大的。 |
[20:26] | Might as well keep going. | 不妨继续前进。 |
[20:28] | I can’t say I disagree. | 我不能说我不同意。 |
[20:31] | Early reports were that there would be a change in pleas | 早期的报道认为会有改变 |
[20:35] | that evidently was rejected by Judge Kittleson. | 这显然被基特尔森法官拒绝了。 |
[20:38] | We then heard defence was waving the white flag and pleading manslaughter. | 然后我们听到防守队正在挥舞着白旗和恳求的人 |
[20:43] | We are now being told Raymond Oz is taking the stand to testify. | 我们现在被告知雷蒙德奥兹正在作证。 |
[20:48] | Oh, no. | 不好了。 |
[20:51] | Mr. Oz., you’re aware we all gather today | 奥兹先生,你知道我们都聚集在一起 |
[20:54] | because you hit your wife over the head | 因为你打了你的妻子头 |
[20:55] | with the life time achievement in the world. | 与世界上的生活时间成就。 |
[20:57] | Yes. | 是。 |
[20:57] | Killing her. | 杀了她。 |
[20:58] | Yes. | 是。 |
[20:59] | Could you tell us in your words what happened? | 你能用你的话告诉我们发生了什么事吗? |
[21:01] | My wife and I had been going through some difficult time. | 我和我的妻子经历了一段艰难的时光。 |
[21:04] | She thought I was losing my mind, | 她认为我正在失去理智, |
[21:06] | suffering from delusions and paranoia. | 患有妄想和偏执狂。 |
[21:10] | Very much as Mr. Trevor Wayne testified. | 特雷弗韦恩先生作证时非常感谢。 |
[21:13] | Is it possible you were suffering from delusions? | 你有可能患上妄想吗? |
[21:16] | I suppose it was possible. | 我想这是可能的。 |
[21:17] | On the night of your wife’s death, | 在你妻子去世的那天晚上, |
[21:19] | is it possible you were delusional then? | 那么你有可能是妄想吗? |
[21:21] | Objection! Side bar? | 异议!边栏? |
[21:23] | Yes. Let’s. | 是。让我们。 |
[21:30] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[21:31] | He’s giving his testimony. | 他在给他的证词。 |
[21:32] | He’s setting up temporary insanity. | 他正在设立临时的疯狂。 |
[21:33] | Temporary insanity isn’t available to us. | 暂时的疯狂并不适合我们。 |
[21:36] | The judge would so instruct. | 法官会这么指示。 |
[21:37] | We just testify as to his mental state which is an element of the crime. | 我们只是证明他的精神状态是犯罪的一部分。 |
[21:40] | Mr. Oz. earlier you said self defence… | 奥兹先生。早些时候你说自卫… |
[21:43] | I am sticking to my version. I believe it was self defence. | 我坚持我的版本。我相信这是自卫。 |
[21:47] | But that believe has to be a rational one not an irrational… | 但是,相信必须是理性的,而不是非理性的…… |
[21:50] | Save your closing argument till later, you midget. | 保存你的结论论点,直到后来,你侏儒。 |
[21:52] | I object to that on record. | 我反对有记录。 |
[21:54] | Object to that on the stool we’d hear you better. | 反对在凳子上我们会更好地听到你的声音。 |
[21:56] | If you’re about to suggest that he was mistaken, | 如果你打算暗示他错了, |
[21:58] | I will instruct taht the mistake has to be a reasonable one | 我会指示错误必须是合理的 |
[22:02] | just like Midg… Mr. Bay says. | 就像Midg一样…… Bay先生说。 |
[22:04] | Aren’t you let us present our case before you start criticizing it? | 在你开始批评之前,你不让我们提出我们的案子吗? |
[22:08] | At you own parole. Step back. | 在你自己的假释。退后。 |
[22:19] | So what happened, Mr. Oz? | 那么,奥兹先生呢? |
[22:20] | Well as I said we were going through an awful patch. | 就像我说的那样,我们正在经历一个糟糕的补丁。 |
[22:24] | And also I thought she was having an affair. | 而且我还以为她有外遇。 |
[22:28] | With whom? | 和谁? |
[22:29] | I didn’t know. And I wasn’t sure that really it was truth. | 我不知道。我不确定这是否真的。 |
[22:36] | Maybe I was paranoid, but suddenly she was distant. | 也许我是偏执狂,但突然间她很遥远。 |
[22:40] | And I thought there must be somebody else. | 我还以为肯定还有其他人。 |
[22:43] | I kept telling myself that that was a ridiculous idea | 我一直告诉自己这是一个荒谬的想法 |
[22:47] | but then she tells me | 但后来她告诉我 |
[22:49] | that she’s taking me to court to try to get control of my estate. | 她将我带到法庭去试图控制我的遗产。 |
[22:53] | And I am wondering really what is going on? | 我在想,究竟是怎么回事? |
[22:57] | Then what happened? | 那么发生了什么? |
[22:58] | Well we go to court and she sits on the witness chair | 那么我们去法院,她坐在证人的椅子上 |
[23:01] | and says terrible things about me. | 并对我说了可怕的事情。 |
[23:03] | And I am listening and wondering, do I really know this woman at all. | 我在听,想知道,我是否真的了解这个女人。 |
[23:09] | Anyway, things didn’t go well for her in court. | 无论如何,她在法庭上并不顺利。 |
[23:15] | And that night, we were at home, and I turned and she has a knife | 那天晚上,我们在家里,我转过身来,她拿着一把刀 |
[23:21] | and suddenly I think: my god, she’s trying to kill me. | 突然间我想:我的上帝,她正在试图杀死我。 |
[23:28] | And I swung. | 我摇了摇。 |
[23:30] | And she went down. | 她走了。 |
[23:34] | Do you really think she was trying to kill you? | 你真的认为她想杀你吗? |
[23:37] | Looking back I… | 回顾我… |
[23:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[23:43] | I doubt it. | 我对此表示怀疑。 |
[23:46] | But in that second | 但在那一秒 |
[23:49] | I thought she was. | 我以为她是。 |
[23:51] | And that’t what it was, a second, that’s all it took. | 而那不是什么,一秒钟,就是这一切。 |
[23:54] | A second. | 一秒。 |
[23:58] | Thank you, Sir. | 谢谢你,先生。 |
[24:02] | That’s why he’s a legend everyone in that box believes him. | 这就是为什么他是那个盒子里的每个人都相信他的传奇。 |
[24:06] | Any suggestions? | 有什么建议么? |
[24:07] | Just go out and be your normal killer self, | 只要出去成为你的正常杀手自我, |
[24:09] | keeping in mind the whole thing rest in this cross. | 记住整个事情在这个十字架上休息。 |
[24:12] | Thank you, Richard. | 谢谢你,理查德。 |
[24:15] | So it was a mistake, Mr. Oz. | 所以这是一个错误,奥兹先生。 |
[24:18] | She probably wasn’t trying to kill you, it happened in a second. | 她可能并没有试图杀死你,它发生在一秒钟之内。 |
[24:24] | It was a mistake. | 那是一个错误。 |
[24:25] | Quite possibly so. Yes. | 很可能如此。是。 |
[24:27] | But in you opening statement you simply said it was self defence. | 但在你的开场白中,你只是说自己是自卫。 |
[24:31] | You spoke of being haunted by the fact | 你说的是被这个事实困扰着 |
[24:33] | that your wife of 50 years had tried to take your life. | 你50岁的妻子试图夺走你的生命。 |
[24:36] | Tell me, were you misleading the jury then or are you misleading the jury now? | 告诉我,你误导了陪审团吗?还是你现在误导陪审团? |
[24:46] | Well, it’s a little complicated, Ms. Gamble. | Gamble女士,这有点复杂。 |
[24:49] | You see, when I realized with horror what I have done | 你看,当我惊恐地意识到我做了什么 |
[24:55] | I had to believe that it was justified; | 我不得不相信这是合理的; |
[24:57] | I was desperate to believe it was self defence. | 我非常想相信这是自卫。 |
[25:01] | But then my friend and co-counsel, Bobby Donnnel… | 但是,那时我的朋友兼共同顾问鲍比多纳… |
[25:04] | Mr. Oz, I am not looking for a speech… | 奥兹先生,我不是在寻找一个演讲…… |
[25:07] | You are looking for an answer and I am giving it to you. | 你正在寻找答案,我正在给你。 |
[25:08] | Go ahead, Mr. Oz. | 来吧,奥兹先生。 |
[25:10] | Bobby said: Raymond, stop thinking about your own legacy, | 鲍比说:雷蒙德,不要再想你自己的遗产了, |
[25:15] | and think about Joanne’s. | 并考虑乔安妮的。 |
[25:19] | What does this do to our memory of her? | 这对我们记住她有什么影响? |
[25:22] | Well, I wrestled with that and I decided that | 那么,我摔跤,我决定 |
[25:26] | however self-serving my denial maybe | 然而,自我服务我的否认也许 |
[25:30] | it was not fair to her. | 这对她不公平。 |
[25:32] | I cannot state with certainty that she was trying to kill me. | 我无法肯定地说她正试图杀死我。 |
[25:39] | I can only state with certainty one fact, | 我只能肯定地说出一个事实, |
[25:44] | I thought she was. | 我以为她是。 |
[25:49] | One second, Your Honour. | 一秒钟,法官大人。 |
[25:54] | I just blurred. | 我只是模糊不清。 |
[25:55] | Wayne’s testimony, the hatred. | 韦恩的证词,仇恨。 |
[26:01] | Did you tell Trevor Wayne you hated your wife? | 你告诉Trevor Wayne你讨厌你的妻子吗? |
[26:04] | That was in the heat of a moment. | 那是一瞬间的热潮。 |
[26:06] | Heat of a moment. | 热的一刻。 |
[26:07] | You testified that you never forgave her for it. | 你作证说你永远不会原谅她。 |
[26:10] | I was angry at her, I don’t deny it. | 我对她生气,我不否认。 |
[26:13] | Mr. Oz., are you incompetent? | 奥兹先生,你是无能的吗? |
[26:16] | No, I am not. | 不我不是。 |
[26:16] | So it’s your wife’s crazy thinking. | 所以这是你妻子疯狂的想法。 |
[26:19] | She was mistaken. | 她错了。 |
[26:20] | But your rage, Mr. Oz. that was no mistake, was it? | 但是你的愤怒,奥兹先生。那没有错,是吗? |
[26:23] | It was anger, I wouldn’t call it rage. | 这是愤怒,我不会称之为愤怒。 |
[26:25] | You called her a whore. | 你叫她妓女。 |
[26:26] | I thought she was having an affair | 我以为她有外遇 |
[26:28] | any caring husband would be upset. | 任何有爱心的丈夫都会心烦意乱。 |
[26:30] | Your wife talked about revenge. | 你的妻子谈到报复。 |
[26:32] | She was referring to my giving away the estate. | 她指的是我放弃庄园。 |
[26:34] | The diamond necklace that you gave her for your 40th anniversary | 你给你40周年纪念的钻石项链 |
[26:38] | you gave it to the housekeeper. | 你把它交给管家。 |
[26:41] | You had a small stroke a few years ago, didn’t you, Mr. Oz? | 几年前你有一个小小的中风,奥兹先生,你不是吗? |
[26:43] | From which I am completely recovered. | 我从中完全康复。 |
[26:46] | Well, that really isn’t so, you suffer some memory lapses. | 那么,事实并非如此,你会遭受一些记忆失误。 |
[26:49] | Like any man my age. | 像我这个年纪的人一样。 |
[26:51] | A judge deemed you unfit to continue practicing law. | 法官认为你不适合继续执业。 |
[26:55] | No such thing. | 没有这样的事。 |
[26:56] | That was because what he said, | 那是因为他所说的, |
[26:59] | and because of her, what she said. | 并因为她,她说了什么。 |
[27:01] | Joanne. | 乔安妮。 |
[27:02] | Yes, yes. Look, counselor, | 是的是的。看,顾问, |
[27:05] | you’ve seen me here. | 你在这里见过我。 |
[27:07] | Do you not think that I belong? | 你不认为我属于? |
[27:12] | You and your wife fought constantly over your refusal to wear diapers, | 你和你的妻子不断争吵,因为你拒绝穿尿布, |
[27:16] | -isn’t that right, Mr. Oz? -Objection! | 奥兹先生,这不正确吗? -异议! |
[27:19] | Goes to his rage against the victim. | 对受害者表示愤怒。 |
[27:20] | I’ll allow it. | 我会允许的。 |
[27:21] | She got angry because you would wet yourself… | 她生气了,因为你会弄湿自己…… |
[27:23] | This isn’t relevant, Your Honour. | 这与法官大人无关。 |
[27:25] | She insisted you wear this and you hated her for that too, didn’t you? | 她坚持说你穿这件衣服,你也恨她,不是吗? |
[27:29] | And didn’t she repeatedly ask you to get counseling to deal with your anger, | 她不是一再要求你接受咨询来处理你的愤怒, |
[27:33] | anger because you knew you were becoming incompetent. | 愤怒,因为你知道你变得无能。 |
[27:35] | That’s a lie, it’s not true. | 这是一个谎言,这不是事实。 |
[27:36] | Well, it’s just like Mr. Wayne said | 那么,就像韦恩先生说的那样 |
[27:38] | with you it’s always been about entering a room, | 和你一起进入一个房间, |
[27:40] | heads turning saying: “Now it’s the great Raymond Oz.” | 头转身说:“现在是伟大的雷蒙德奥兹。” |
[27:43] | Any idea of what they must be saying now? | 想知道他们现在必须说什么吗? |
[27:46] | -He’s gone mad. -Objection! | –他疯了。 -异议! |
[27:48] | -He’s insane. -Objection! | –他疯了。 -异议! |
[27:50] | Sustained. Ms. Gamble, is there a question? | 持续。 Gamble女士,有没有问题? |
[27:53] | Here’s my question, Mr. Oz, | 奥兹先生,这是我的问题, |
[27:55] | what do think they are saying about you now? | 他们认为他们现在对你说什么? |
[27:57] | An incompetent man who wets himself, | 一个无能的人, |
[27:59] | who kills his own wife… | 谁杀死了他自己的妻子…… |
[28:01] | You shut up, you shut your mouth. | 你闭嘴,你闭上你的嘴。 |
[28:10] | You look a little homicidal, Mr. Oz. | 奥兹先生,你看起来有点杀人。 |
[28:12] | Objection! | 异议! |
[28:13] | Sustained. Mr. Oz, sit down. | 持续。奥兹先生,坐下。 |
[28:17] | Mr. Oz, please be seated. | 奥兹先生,请坐。 |
[28:48] | Here, let’s sit. | 在这里,让我们坐下来。 |
[28:53] | Okay, let’s just think, let’s just… | 好吧,让我们想想,让我们只是… |
[28:57] | let’s just think for a minute. | 让我们暂时想一下。 |
[28:58] | Only a few times at home. | 在家只有几次。 |
[29:03] | What? | 什么? |
[29:04] | I never soil myself in public, | 我从来没有公开过自己, |
[29:07] | just a few times at home. | 只是在家里几次。 |
[29:11] | Any ideas? | 有任何想法吗? |
[29:13] | Not really. | 不是真的。 |
[29:20] | But it looks like you’ve got one. | 但看起来你有一个。 |
[29:23] | Recuse myself? | 回避自己? |
[29:25] | Your Honour, I had no idea when this trial began | 法官大人,我不知道这次审判开始了 |
[29:27] | that you and Jimmy Berluti were seeing each other again socially. | 你和Jimmy Berluti再次在社交场合见面。 |
[29:30] | I just found out. | 我刚刚发现。 |
[29:31] | There is a huge conflict of interest. | 存在巨大的利益冲突。 |
[29:33] | I have never discussed this case with Mr. Berluti, I… | 我从未与伯鲁蒂先生讨论过这个案子,我…… |
[29:35] | That doesn’t matter. | 这并不重要。 |
[29:36] | You have a relationship with someone in my firm. | 你和我公司的某个人有关系。 |
[29:40] | There is no way we can go on. | 我们无法继续下去。 |
[29:41] | And if I were to recuse myself, we would what? | 如果我要回避自己,我们会做什么? |
[29:44] | Bring in another judge and finish the trial? | 带上另一名法官并完成审判? |
[29:46] | No, I think that you’d have to declare a mistrial. | 不,我认为你必须宣布一个错误的审判。 |
[29:49] | What a surprise, get out! | 真是惊喜,出去! |
[29:51] | You worry about the integrity of that robe. | 你担心那件长袍的完整性。 |
[29:53] | And it hasn’t been compromised, trust me. | 它没有被妥协,相信我。 |
[29:55] | Your integrity is another matter. | 你的诚信是另一回事。 |
[29:57] | You are sleeping with one of my associates. | 你正在和我的一个同事睡觉。 |
[30:00] | We won’t even discuss the wet dreams that you had about me. | 我们甚至不会讨论你对我的湿梦。 |
[30:07] | You shouldn’t be on this case. | 你不应该在这种情况下。 |
[30:12] | Please leave my chambers, counsel. | 请离开我的房间,律师。 |
[30:18] | Nice try. | 不错的尝试。 |
[30:20] | I just hope she doesn’t punish us now the rest of the way. | 我只希望她现在不会惩罚我们。 |
[30:23] | She won’t. She has too much integrity for that. | 她不会。她对此太过诚信。 |
[30:25] | Helen. | 海伦。 |
[30:27] | Manslaughter? | 误杀? |
[30:28] | Look, I told you if you pushed it any further… | 看,我告诉过你,如果你再推一下…… |
[30:30] | Come on, he’s an old man. | 来吧,他是一位老人。 |
[30:32] | Might be amount to a life sentence anyway. | 无论如何,这可能等同于终身监禁。 |
[30:34] | But it might not. | 但它可能不会。 |
[30:35] | Helen, please. | 请告诉海伦。 |
[30:36] | Manslaughter is off the table. | 强盗不在场。 |
[30:38] | Murder two, take it or leave it. | 谋杀两个,拿走或离开它。 |
[30:42] | Leave it. | 别管它。 |
[30:57] | Raymond, we are down to the closing arguments. | 雷蒙德,我们正在谈论最后的论点。 |
[30:59] | I can do it. | 我能行。 |
[31:01] | But giving that you’ve been trying this case with your life on the line, | 但是,让你一直在尝试这种情况下你的生活在线上, |
[31:07] | it’s better for you to do it. | 你最好这样做。 |
[31:10] | But only if you can, | 但只有你可以, |
[31:11] | if you’re not up to it, then let me do it. | 如果你不服气,那就让我来做吧。 |
[31:15] | Now the way we go here, best man for the job, | 现在我们走到这里的路上,这个工作的最佳人选, |
[31:21] | is it you or me? | 是你还是我? |
[31:26] | Raymond? | 雷蒙德? |
[31:28] | I’ll close. | 我会关闭。 |
[31:31] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[31:36] | I’ll close. | 我会关闭。 |
[31:46] | You’re gonna let him close? | 你会让他靠近吗? |
[31:47] | If we are gonna win, he’s the only one. | 如果我们要赢,他是唯一的一个。 |
[31:49] | Is he gonna be naked? | 他会裸体吗? |
[31:50] | Funny. | 滑稽。 |
[31:50] | How did she know about the diaper? | 她怎么知道尿布? |
[31:52] | Joanne’s lawyer. | 乔安的律师。 |
[31:53] | You went to Roberta? Tried to get her recuse because of me? | 你去了罗伯塔?试图让她因我而回避? |
[31:57] | I was trying to… | 我正在努力…… |
[31:58] | You know we don’t discuss the case, I told you that. | 你知道我们不讨论这个案子,我告诉过你。 |
[32:00] | It was a Hail Mary, Jimmy… | 这是一个冰雹玛丽,吉米…… |
[32:01] | Not good enough. | 还不够好。 |
[32:02] | You don’t trade on my personal life in your cases ever. | 你永远不会在我的个人生活中进行交易。 |
[32:06] | If you let me finish… | 如果你让我完成… |
[32:06] | Not good enough. I would never do that to you. | 还不够好。我绝不会那样对你。 |
[32:09] | Whatever rough strategy, we don’t waffle each other. | 无论什么粗略的策略,我们都不会互相打搅。 |
[32:11] | I would never do that to you. | 我绝不会那样对你。 |
[32:14] | I am sorry. | 对不起。 |
[32:15] | Not good enough. | 还不够好。 |
[32:23] | You saw the story change. | 你看到了故事的变化。 |
[32:25] | First it was self defence. | 首先是自卫。 |
[32:28] | Then after his best friend talks about how he hated his wife, | 然后,当他最好的朋友谈到他恨他的妻子时, |
[32:32] | how he was paranoid and delusional, | 他是如何偏执和妄想, |
[32:35] | change of plans. | 计划的变化。 |
[32:37] | Let’s go mistake. | 我们走错了。 |
[32:38] | I thought she was trying to kill me | 我以为她想杀我 |
[32:40] | and in a second of confusion I swung. | 并在第二个混乱我摇摆。 |
[32:43] | Come on. Does that sound reasonable to any of you? | 来吧。这对你们中的任何一个听起来都合理吗? |
[32:47] | You saw the truth in this room, ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们,先生们,你们看到了这个房间里的真相。 |
[32:51] | You saw an angry man capable of great rage, | 你看到一个愤怒的人能够非常愤怒, |
[32:54] | who prioritized his image and his reputation, | 谁优先他的形象和他的声誉, |
[32:58] | over anything and anybody including his own wife. | 对任何人和任何人,包括他自己的妻子。 |
[33:02] | She made him stop practicing law. | 她让他停止执业。 |
[33:04] | She even tried to get him to wear a diaper. | 她甚至试图让他穿尿布。 |
[33:07] | But when she went to court to try to have him deemed incompetent, | 但是当她去法庭上试图让他认为无能时, |
[33:13] | well that was the final straw. | 那是最后一根稻草。 |
[33:15] | The great Oz wouldn’t have that. | 伟大的奥兹不会有这个。 |
[33:20] | The coroner told you the blow came from behind. | 验尸官告诉你,这个打击来自后面。 |
[33:23] | She wasn’t even facing him. | 她甚至没有面对他。 |
[33:25] | He came up to her from behind and he stopped her. | 他从后面走过来,他阻止了她。 |
[33:31] | That man committed murder, | 那人犯下谋杀罪, |
[33:34] | that’s the truth. | 这是事实。 |
[33:56] | Raymond. | 雷蒙德。 |
[34:15] | Talk to any old men | 与任何老人交谈 |
[34:20] | whose mental faculties eroding | 他的智力腐蚀 |
[34:26] | you will find anger. | 你会发现愤怒。 |
[34:28] | Or a senior citizen who’s becoming incontinent | 或者是一个正在变得失禁的老年人 |
[34:33] | rage | 愤怒 |
[34:37] | or an aging husband, | 或老人的丈夫, |
[34:39] | no children, no grandchildren, | 没有孩子,没有孙子, |
[34:41] | only a wife to cling to, | 只有一个妻子坚持, |
[34:43] | a wife who’s trying to have him declare incompetent | 一个试图让他宣布无能的妻子 |
[34:46] | and put him in diapers, | 并把他放进尿布里, |
[34:49] | and you will find what you saw in me, | 你会发现你在我身上看到的, |
[34:56] | when I stood in that witness box. | 当我站在证人箱里时。 |
[34:59] | But these people do not turn homicidal, | 但这些人不会杀人, |
[35:07] | and neither did I. | 我也没有。 |
[35:09] | Now whether it was the very incompetence | 现在是否是非常无能 |
[35:13] | that she accused me of or the paranoid, I don’t know. | 她指责我或偏执狂,我不知道。 |
[35:16] | I don’t know. But I do know. | 我不知道。但我知道。 |
[35:19] | That in that second when she stood before me with that knife, | 那秒钟,当她用那把刀站在我面前时, |
[35:25] | I really believed that she was going to try to take my life. | 我真的相信她会试图夺取我的生命。 |
[35:31] | Now, anybody, | 现在,任何人, |
[35:38] | anybody who knows my heart… | 任何知道我心灵的人…… |
[35:45] | She was my legacy. | 她是我的遗产。 |
[35:49] | Not the cases I won. | 不是我赢得的情况。 |
[35:54] | My love for her, and hers for me. | 我对她的爱,以及她对我的爱。 |
[36:02] | She was loved, loved till the very end. | 她被爱,直到最后都被爱。 |
[36:09] | Her husband…. | 她的丈夫…。 |
[36:17] | He didn’t want her life to be over. | 他不希望她的生活结束。 |
[36:24] | Believe that. | 相信。 |
[36:53] | Can you not do that? | 你不能那样做吗? |
[36:55] | Sorry. | 抱歉。 |
[36:56] | You know, Helen, you said before this is a tragedy | 你知道,海伦,你说过这是一场悲剧 |
[36:59] | don’t enjoy it too much. | 不要太喜欢它。 |
[37:01] | This is what we do. | 这就是我们所做的。 |
[37:03] | We are DAs, we prosecute murders. | 我们是DA,我们起诉谋杀。 |
[37:05] | It’s always somebody’s tragedy. | 这总是有人的悲剧。 |
[37:07] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么? |
[37:08] | Well, if you don’t enjoy what you doing, why do it? | 那么,如果你不喜欢你在做什么,为什么呢? |
[37:11] | And this case, it’s as big and juicy as they can, | 而这种情况下,它尽可能地大和多汁, |
[37:13] | if you don’t get a little juicy yourself | 如果你自己没有多汁 |
[37:16] | what are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[37:17] | I like what I do, but… | 我喜欢我所做的,但是… |
[37:19] | But what? | 但是什么? |
[37:22] | You really love this, don’t you? | 你真的很喜欢这个,不是吗? |
[37:24] | Case like this, it’s music. | 像这样的情况下,它是音乐。 |
[37:30] | Yes. | 是。 |
[37:34] | Jury’s back | 陪审团的回来 |
[37:46] | Will the defendant please rise. | 被告会请起床吗? |
[37:54] | Madam foreperson, the jury has reached its verdict? | 女士,先生,陪审团已经做出判决? |
[37:57] | Yes, we have, Your Honour. | 是的,我们有法官大人。 |
[37:58] | What say you? | 什么说你? |
[37:59] | Commonwealth versus Raymond Oz, | 英联邦与雷蒙德奥兹, |
[38:01] | on count one, murder in the first degree, | 第一,一级谋杀罪, |
[38:05] | we find the defendant, Raymond Oz, | 我们裁定被告Raymond Oz, |
[38:07] | not guilty. | 无罪。 |
[38:10] | Count two, murder in the second degree, | 二,二级谋杀, |
[38:13] | we find the defendant, Raymond Oz, | 我们裁定被告Raymond Oz, |
[38:17] | not guilty. | 无罪。 |
[38:22] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信的。 |
[38:24] | Members of the jury, your services completed. | 陪审团成员,您的服务已完成。 |
[38:27] | You are dismissed, thanks. | 你们可以解散了,谢谢。 |
[38:28] | Not guilty, she said not guilty. | 无罪,她说无罪。 |
[38:32] | You did it, Ray. | 你做到了,雷。 |
[38:33] | Mr. Oz., you are free to go. | 奥兹先生,你可以自由走了。 |
[38:36] | We’re adjourned. | 我们休会了。 |
[38:39] | How about that, Richard, verdict juicy enough for you? | 那么,理查德为你判断多汁呢? |
[38:47] | Naturally, I am thrilled at the verdict. | 当然,我对判决感到激动。 |
[38:52] | And I must say that the defendant was extremely well represented. | 我必须说,被告的代表性非常好。 |
[38:59] | But, seriously, Mr. Oz…. | 但是,严肃地说,奥兹先生……。 |
[39:00] | One question in a time. | 有一个问题。 |
[39:02] | Do you plan to continue practicing law? | 你打算继续执业吗? |
[39:05] | Oh, I have to earn a living. | 哦,我还要谋生。 |
[39:07] | And one thing that this case has taught me | 这件事情教会了我的一件事 |
[39:09] | is that I am not as wealth as I thought I was. | 我的财富不像我想象的那样富有。 |
[39:12] | I had barely able to meet my own fee. | 我几乎无法满足自己的费用。 |
[39:42] | Lindsay, give me a second alone, okay? | 林赛,单独给我一下,好吗? |
[39:48] | I am gonna be your wife. | 我会成为你的妻子。 |
[39:52] | You gotta take those seconds with me. | 你必须带着这些秒钟。 |
[40:04] | I didn’t want him to go to prison. | 我不想让他去监狱。 |
[40:09] | But I worry | 但我担心 |
[40:13] | him alone… he… | 他一个人……他…… |
[40:18] | He’s alone. | 他一个人。 |
[40:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[40:26] | I just… | 我只是… |
[40:32] | You’re worried about somebody you love deeply. | 你担心你深爱的人。 |