时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Helen!! Helen!! | |
[00:15] | Well, we are here. | 我来了 |
[00:18] | Tomorrow, we start. | 明天就要开庭了 |
[00:20] | Are we ready? | 我们准备好了吗? |
[00:21] | As ready as I’m going to get, I think. | 我想,能做的都做了 |
[00:23] | The DA, offered murder 2 this afternoon, | 今天下午,检察官提出了二级谋杀的交易条件 |
[00:26] | just like we thought he would. | 和我们预料的一样 |
[00:27] | -And you turned it down? -Yes. | -你拒绝了吧?-嗯 |
[00:31] | Tell me something good, Rebecca. | 说点好消息,Rebecca |
[00:34] | I need to hear something good. | 我现在得听点好的 |
[00:37] | Well, it won’t be long till we know what’s going to happen. | 好消息就是不用太久就能知道结果 |
[00:39] | That’s good. | 这个还行 |
[00:41] | My sister came to visit, she doesn’t want to get up there. | 我姐姐来探视过,不过她不想出庭 |
[00:45] | Can they make her? She doesn’t want to. | 他们能强迫她出庭?她根本就不愿意 |
[00:48] | Well, unfortunately, siblings can be forced to testify against each other. | 额,很不幸,亲姐妹可以强制出庭质证对方 |
[00:52] | There is no privilege. | 没有特权保护 |
[00:53] | What if she says she forgets? | 如果她说忘了呢? |
[00:55] | That won’t do us any good, Jan. | Jan,那对我们没任何好处 |
[00:57] | She has to tell the truth. | 她必须说出真相 |
[00:59] | Plus, they already have a statemetn to the police. | 而且,他们对警方已经做了一份供述 |
[01:02] | We’re not trying to hide what happened. | 我们不能装作若无其事 |
[01:06] | We just have to explain why. | 我们只需要解释缘由 |
[01:11] | Why I killed my mother. | 为何我要杀死自己的母亲 |
[01:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:19] | Tell me something good. | 和我说点好消息吧 |
[01:22] | I need to hear something good. | 我真的需要听些好消息 |
[02:14] | That was the last cup. | 只剩最后一杯了 |
[02:15] | Well, we can make more. | 你可以再煮点啊 |
[02:17] | I don’t have time to wait, I have to be in court. | 没时间了,我得出庭了 |
[02:19] | What’s going on? | 怎么啦? |
[02:20] | She just drank the last cup of coffee. | 她刚喝了最后一杯咖啡 |
[02:21] | You don’t seem to need it, Rebecca. | Rebecca 你又不需要喝 |
[02:23] | Oh funny, Ellenor. | 取笑我么, Ellenor |
[02:24] | Do I torment you as you’re about to head off for trial? | 我什么时候在你马上要进行庭审的时候取笑过你? |
[02:27] | -Torment? Now I’m tormenting you? -All right. | -取笑你?我在取笑你?-好了好了 |
[02:28] | Yes, that was the last cup. | 是的,那是最后一杯 |
[02:29] | We ready? | 准备好了? |
[02:30] | No, we’re not ready. | 不,还没有 |
[02:31] | I’m gonna have a caffeine headache | 我有点咖啡因中毒了 |
[02:32] | because she just swooped in and chugged the pot. | 就因为她突然夺走了咖啡壶还不停的晃荡 |
[02:35] | So now I chugged it? | 我在晃荡它? |
[02:36] | Rebecca, come here for a second. | Rebecca 过来一下 |
[02:41] | You’re nervous. | 你太紧张了 |
[02:42] | It has nothing to do with… | 跟这个没有关系… |
[02:43] | They sell coffee on the way to the courthouse, | 去法院的路上有卖咖啡的 |
[02:46] | they sell coffee at the courthouse. | 法院的小卖部也有卖咖啡的 |
[02:48] | You’ll get your coffee. | 你都能买到你想要的咖啡 |
[02:49] | That’s not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[02:50] | What’s the point? | 是什么? |
[02:52] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[02:54] | You ready? | 准备好了么? |
[02:55] | All set. | 一切就绪 |
[03:32] | and she got upset, angry with mom, | 然后她就烦躁不堪,并对妈妈暴跳如雷 |
[03:34] | and mom got defensive. | 当然妈妈也不甘示弱 |
[03:36] | She said she remembered there was something about chocolate cake | 她说她记得那个巧克力蛋糕 |
[03:38] | that she thought it might be Jan’s favourite cake. | 可能是Jan最喜欢的蛋糕 |
[03:43] | Well, that just spiralled into one of their fights. | 这就是她们发生冲突的导火索 |
[03:46] | They started screaming at each other, | 她们开始相互叫骂 |
[03:49] | and I couldn’t stay and listen to them. | 我不堪忍受准备先行告退 |
[03:53] | One of their fights. | 接着她们中一个动手了 |
[03:54] | What were these fights about? | 动手的原因是什么 |
[03:56] | Well, Jan claims that our father sexually abused her, | 额,Jan说我们的爸爸对她性虐待 |
[04:00] | for years. | 已数年之久 |
[04:02] | She thinks mom knew and looked the other way. | 她认为妈妈心知肚明但冷眼旁观 |
[04:05] | Is it true? | 这是真的吗 |
[04:07] | Did your father sexually abuse your sister? | 你爸爸有没有性虐待你妹妹? |
[04:09] | Objection, foundation. | 反对,毫无根据 |
[04:10] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[04:11] | Did you ever see your father abuse her? | 你是否亲眼目睹了你爸爸对令妹的性虐待? |
[04:13] | No. | 没有 |
[04:14] | Did Jan ever tell you she was being abused by your father? | Jan和你说过她曾被父亲虐待过吗? |
[04:17] | Not back then, | 当初没有 |
[04:18] | only later, a few years ago, | 直到后来,几年前 |
[04:22] | after he’d already died. | 在我爸死之后 |
[04:24] | Did you believe her? | 你相信她吗 |
[04:25] | Objection, relevance. | 反对,与本案无关 |
[04:27] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[04:27] | Did you ever see and relevance that supported your sisters contention | 你是否亲眼看见过你妹妹遭受性虐待 |
[04:32] | that she had been sexually abused? | 或者其它能支撑上述事实的相关证据? |
[04:34] | No. | 没有 |
[04:36] | Back to that night, | 回到案发当晚 |
[04:38] | what did you do while your mother and sister were arguing? | 你妈妈和令妹争吵时你在干嘛? |
[04:42] | I just left. | 我正要走 |
[04:43] | I told them I wouldn’t be a part of it. | 我和她们说我不想涉及其中 |
[04:46] | I went out to my car and just sat there… | 我回到自己的车里刚刚座下… |
[04:49] | crying actually. | 就泪流满面 |
[04:51] | And then what happened? | 然后发生了什么 |
[04:52] | I heard screaming, | 我听到了尖叫 |
[04:55] | I ran inside and I saw the blood and over the place, | 我跑进了家里,看到满地是血 |
[05:02] | and I found Jan in the kitchen, | 我发现Jan在厨房里 |
[05:06] | She couldn’t move, | 她呆若木鸡 |
[05:07] | she was just sitting there like in a haze, | 座在那里就像在雾霾之中 |
[05:12] | and my mother was lying on the kitchen floor, | 而我妈则倒在厨房的地板上 |
[05:16] | the knife still in her…. | 刀子还插在她身上… |
[05:22] | She’d stabbed mom. | 她捅死了妈妈 |
[05:41] | Oh my god! It’s beautiful! | 噢 上帝啊 真好看 |
[05:45] | You like it? | 你喜欢么? |
[05:46] | Like it? | 岂止是喜欢? |
[05:47] | Lindsay, you’re the most beautiful… | Lindsay 你是最美丽的… |
[05:50] | -Oh my god. -Oh nonononono, pins, pins. | -噢 上帝啊 – 哦 先别 别扎着 |
[05:53] | I’m sorry, she’s just so beautiful. | 对不起,她太美了 |
[05:57] | -Helen. Helen! -Oh I’m soooo… | -Helen. Helen! – 哦 我 … |
[05:59] | God you look like a princess. | 上帝,你看起来就像个公主 |
[06:05] | When you picked up you sister and drove her to your mother’s house, | 当你捎上令妹并驾车一起去妈妈的住所 |
[06:09] | did she seem different to you in any way? | 她有什么异常吗? |
[06:11] | No. | 没有 |
[06:12] | And you said the evening was uneventful | 你说一切都是风平浪静 |
[06:14] | until your mother brought out the birthday cake. | 直到你妈拿出那个生日蛋糕 |
[06:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:16] | So, before the cake was served, | 也就是说在上蛋糕之前 |
[06:18] | it would have been unthinkable for your sister to attack your mother. | 完全无法想象令妹会攻击你妈 |
[06:21] | Objection. | 反对 |
[06:22] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[06:23] | Prior to that dinner, did you have any reason to believe | 在晚饭前,你有理由相信 |
[06:26] | that your sister might be a violent person? | 令妹可能是一个暴戾的人吗? |
[06:27] | No, Jan’s always been a quiet person. | 不,Jan是个安静的女孩 |
[06:31] | A gentle person. | 温文尔雅的一个人 |
[06:33] | And when you found your sister in the kitchen, | 而当你发现令妹在厨房的时候 |
[06:36] | you said she was, quote ‘In a haze’. | 你刚才的证词中,用了“雾霾”一词 |
[06:38] | Did you say anything to her? | 你跟她说什么了吗 |
[06:40] | Yes, I was screaming at her, asking her what happened. | 是的,我咆哮地问她到底发生了什么 |
[06:42] | Did she respond? | 她回答了吗 |
[06:44] | No, she just sat there like a zom-sh… | 没,她就像个僵尸一样在那坐着 |
[06:50] | Like a zombie? Is that what you were going to say? | 像个僵尸?这就是你想说的吗? |
[06:54] | Yes. | 恩 |
[06:56] | Thank you, that’s all. | 谢谢,没别的了 |
[07:06] | I thought that went well. | 我觉得还算顺利 |
[07:07] | You did? | 你真的这么认为? |
[07:08] | Well, she didn’t say anything that damaging, | 恩 ,她没有说任何不利于被告的证词 |
[07:10] | at least not… | 最起码没有… |
[07:10] | Bec, that was her sister, | Bec 毕竟那是她亲妹妹 |
[07:12] | The jury’s gonna go back into that room | 等陪审团回到陪审室 |
[07:14] | and say her own sister testified against her. | 就会说连她自己的亲生姐姐都指证她 |
[07:16] | Plus, to make insanity, | 况且,如果打算用精神失常抗辩 |
[07:18] | we gotta prove that she was having a flash back of some prior abuse. | 我们就得证明她先前遭受过性虐待 |
[07:22] | When we can’t even seem to prove that | 而我们根本无法证实 |
[07:23] | the abuse happened to her in the first place. | 第一次性虐待发生在什么地方 |
[07:25] | Now, you ready with the doctor? | 现在,那个出庭作证的医生准备好了么? |
[07:28] | Yeah, I’m ready. | 是的,准备好了 |
[07:32] | It’s bad luck for you to see me in it first, | 你没能第一个看到绝对是你的损失 |
[07:34] | but I just want to give you a peek at the material | 不过我还是打算让你偷偷看看这面料 |
[07:37] | it is so great! | 简直太棒了! |
[07:38] | Material, what? | 面料,什么意思? |
[07:39] | Isn’t it gorgeous? Touch it. | 是不是很高雅?来,摸摸 |
[07:42] | What’s this? | 这是神马玩意? |
[07:44] | my wedding dress, | 我的婚纱呀 |
[07:45] | You know, things brides wear at the ceremony. | 新娘在婚礼庆典上穿的 |
[07:48] | Lindsay, I thought you were gonna wear my mothers wedding dress. | Lindsay ,我一直以为你要穿我妈的婚纱呢 |
[07:51] | What? | 什么? |
[07:53] | We talked about this. | 我们之前说好了的啊 |
[07:54] | We talked about me wearing your mothers wedding dress? | 我们说过婚礼时穿你妈的婚纱? |
[07:57] | Yes, the very night I proposed. | 对呀,就是求婚的那晚啊 |
[08:00] | I said you’d be walking down the aisle in my mother’s wedding dress. | 我说你将穿着我妈的婚纱穿过教堂的走廊 |
[08:04] | I…I’ve been saving it. | 我,我还把那婚纱好好保存了呢 |
[08:06] | I don’t remember you saying anything about… | 我怎么完全没印象 |
[08:08] | I talked about how beautiful it is. | 我说过那件婚纱多么美丽 |
[08:10] | I don’t remember. | 我完全不记得 |
[08:11] | And how beautiful you’d look in it. | 而你穿上它将是多么的美丽 |
[08:12] | Bobby, I don’t remember! | Bobby 我真没印象! |
[08:13] | How could you not remember? | 你怎么可能不记得? |
[08:14] | I’d just been stabbed. | 我当时遇刺受伤了 |
[08:16] | and then you proposed. | 而你接着就来求婚 |
[08:17] | I don’t remember you saying anything about… | 我真不记得你说了那些… |
[08:18] | Okay, never mind. This is beautiful. | 好吧,没事,这件也很漂亮 |
[08:24] | I’m sure they’ll take it back. | 估计他们要来办退货了 |
[08:27] | Take it back? | 退货? |
[08:32] | The detective will be quick. | 警探的询问应该会很快 |
[08:34] | Then we’ll out up Dr. Starger, | 然后我们会询问Starger医生 |
[08:36] | and then you, Jan. | 接着就是你,Jan |
[08:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:42] | Should we go over my testimony again? | 我们要再过一遍证词吗? |
[08:44] | Actually, I’d prefer not to. | 事实上,我更倾向于不做 |
[08:46] | I don’t want it to sound rehearsed. | 我不想把这搞得像彩排一样 |
[08:50] | But Jan, you’ll have to tell your story | 不过Jan,你得和我说说你的事 |
[08:55] | no matter how painful it is. | 不管这个有多痛苦 |
[08:57] | If you close down up there, we’re in trouble. | 如果你不说,我们可就麻烦了 |
[09:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:08] | It’s going well so far, right? | 目前还算顺利,对么 |
[09:11] | It’s going well? | 顺利? |
[09:15] | It’s a little too soon to tell. | 现在还言之过早 |
[09:25] | His mother? | 他母亲的婚纱? |
[09:26] | Yes, he expects me to wear the dress she wore. | 对,他打算让我穿他妈穿过的二手婚纱 |
[09:29] | I’ve seen pictures of his mother. | 我没见过他妈的照片 |
[09:31] | She was built like a dump truck. | 不过听说他妈长的像个巨灵神 |
[09:33] | Helen Helen! | |
[09:33] | You cannot not wear the dress you had made. | 你千万不能穿那件婚纱 |
[09:35] | It’s a big deal to him. | 可这对他而言意义重大 |
[09:36] | You know him and his mother, | 你知道每当他谈及自己母亲 |
[09:37] | he gets very emotional. | 他就变得多愁善感 |
[09:38] | Have you seen what she wore? | 你见过他妈穿婚纱的样子吗? |
[09:39] | No. | 没有 |
[09:40] | I’m sure it’s hideous. | 但我敢肯定是个噩梦 |
[09:41] | All right, let’s think about this. | 好吧,让我们想象该如何应付 |
[09:42] | He’s been saving it since she died. | 他妈死后,他就珍藏着那件婚纱 |
[09:44] | Okay, here’s how you play it. | 好了,我们来一个狸猫换太子 |
[09:46] | Honey, I’d love to wear your mothers dress. | 你就说:亲爱的,能穿你妈妈的婚纱真是荣幸之至 |
[09:48] | Then when you see it, for whatever reason, it just won’t work. | 然后,当你看到实物时,随便找个借口搪塞拒绝 |
[09:51] | Lie to him? | 骗他? |
[09:52] | yes, on this, absolutely. | 是的,这个问题上必须如此 |
[09:54] | See the dress, love it, you’d die to wear, | 看到婚纱后,假装喜欢,但就是死也不去穿 |
[09:56] | and since the last one who did, did… | 然后撑到最后… |
[09:57] | Helen!! Helen!! | |
[09:58] | You know what I mean. | 你明白我的意思吧 |
[09:59] | Make the gesture, it’ll make him happy, | 先假装一下,哄他开心 |
[10:02] | then wear the gorgeous one you had made. | 然后在婚礼当天照样穿你自己那件高雅的 |
[10:07] | Jan first came to see me about 2 years ago | Jan第一次来我这里看病是2年前 |
[10:09] | after the death of her father. | 在他爸爸去世后 |
[10:11] | She was feeling sleepy and sad. | 她看起来昏昏沉沉的伤心不已 |
[10:13] | She was having health problems | 她那时有健康问题 |
[10:15] | that were interfering with her work. | 以至于影响到日常工作 |
[10:16] | She also complained about not being able to keep relationships with men. | 她还抱怨说自己没法和男人交往 |
[10:20] | Anything else, doctor? | 还有别的么,医生 |
[10:22] | Yes, there were periods of time she couldn’t account for. | 是的,有段时间她出现了失忆 |
[10:27] | Sometimes minutes, but other times, she lost hours. | 有几分钟吧,严重时有几个小时 |
[10:31] | I found her to be suffering from PTSD. | 我查出她有PTSD |
[10:35] | PTSD? PTSD? | |
[10:37] | post traumatic stress disorder. | 创伤后应激障碍 |
[10:40] | Could you tell the jury what that is? | 能给陪审团解释一下么? |
[10:42] | Certainly. | 可以 |
[10:43] | Basically it’s a complex set of reactions | 简单的说,这是对重大创伤事件 |
[10:46] | that lead to a traumatic event. | 的一种复杂反应 |
[10:47] | In this case, Jan was experiencing a flashback. | 此案中,Jan得了闪回症(往事的突发重现) |
[10:51] | A flashback? | 闪回症? |
[10:53] | We see it in Vietnam vets, rape victims, | 常见于越战老兵、强奸受害者 |
[10:56] | and plane crash survivors. | 和飞机失事的幸存者 |
[10:57] | These flashbacks are short, but intense, | 这些闪回症通常很短暂,但是很强烈 |
[11:00] | and extremely real to the patient. | 对病人而言很逼真 |
[11:03] | You mean like a hallucination? | 你的意识是就像幻觉一样 |
[11:05] | yes, but even more real. | 是,不过更逼真 |
[11:07] | It’s as if they’re living inside of the memory, | 他们就好像活在记忆里了 |
[11:10] | as if it’s happening at that very instant. | 就好像活在那个创伤的瞬间 |
[11:13] | And specifically, what memory are we talking about with Jan? | 就我们的案子来说,Jan的记忆中是什么? |
[11:19] | her being sexually abused by her father. | 她被他爸性虐待 |
[11:21] | Did you determine what triggers these flashbacks? | 你能判定是什么触发了这些闪回症吗? |
[11:25] | It could be almost anything. | 几乎什么都能触发 |
[11:27] | A sound, a smell, an anniversary of an event. | 声音、气味、纪念日 |
[11:31] | What about a birthday party? | 生日呢? |
[11:32] | That’s certainly possible. | 那当然很有可能 |
[11:34] | Doctor, did you interview Ms. Carlson | 医生,在Carlson女士杀了他妈之后 |
[11:36] | after she had killed her mother? | 你有没有和她交流过 |
[11:38] | Yes, I spent several hours with her. | 有,我们聊了几个小时 |
[11:41] | Did you form a medical opinion as to what happened that night? | 那晚的事,可以从医学观点解读吗? |
[11:44] | Yes, I did. | 可以的 |
[11:46] | Can you state it? | 能阐述一下么? |
[11:47] | in my medical opinion, | 从医学观点来看 |
[11:48] | Jan Carlson experienced a post traumatic stress flashback | Jan Carlson得了创伤后应激障碍类型的闪回症 |
[11:53] | and while she was living inside of that memory of sexual abuse, | 而当她处于性虐待的记忆中时 |
[11:57] | she lashed out at the one person | 她就会对那个对她而言 |
[12:00] | she then considered to be her most imminent threat. | 构成最大威胁的人实施暴力 |
[12:04] | But her mother wasn’t the one abusing her. | 不过她妈并不是虐待她的人, |
[12:07] | In that moment, it could have been anyone in the room. | 在那时候,是谁已经不重要了 |
[12:12] | Jan Carlson killed her mother without even knowing it. | Jan Carlson在那时候根本不知道杀的是谁 |
[12:22] | It’s beautiful, but it’s a little short. | 真挺漂亮的,不过有点短 |
[12:26] | I think it’s gonna be too short. | 我觉得是太短了 |
[12:29] | Oh, what a shame. | 哎,可惜了 |
[12:30] | I’m told it can be lengthened, no problem. | 我说过能加长的,放心 |
[12:32] | Oh. Oh great. | 哦 太棒了 |
[12:36] | Wow. Is it from the 1800’s? | 哇哦,这衣服是十八世纪生产的吧 |
[12:39] | I think it’s Edwardian. | 我想应该是爱德华时代的(1901 to 1910) |
[12:40] | Lindsay, you are gonna look so beautiful in it. | Lindsay,你穿上应该很漂亮 |
[12:45] | I…I mean I feel like I’m gonna cry just seeing you stand next to it. | 我,我的意思是,一想到你穿着它站在我身边的样子就热泪盈眶… |
[12:50] | Me too. | 我也是热泪盈眶啊 |
[12:51] | I wish I could see it on without having to alter it, | 我想在修改前,穿上身看看 |
[12:54] | because it’s just so perfect, | 因为这件太完美了 |
[12:55] | I would hate to do anything to it. | 怎么做都是多余的 |
[12:56] | Lucy? Lucy? | |
[12:57] | Hmm? | 干嘛? |
[12:57] | Would you try this on? | 想不想试试么? |
[12:58] | Over my dead body! | 我可不想穿寿衣 |
[13:01] | I mean, Bobby, I wouldn’t want to insult your dead mother’s body. | Bobby,我的意思是,这样穿上是不是对你逝去母亲的一种侮辱 |
[13:04] | Please? It’ll just take 2 seconds. | 求你了,也就2分钟的事 |
[13:07] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[13:09] | Nothing, I’m just so moved. | 没事,就是有点小激动 |
[13:19] | You say that in one of these flashbacks, | 您说人在处于闪回症中的时候 |
[13:22] | the person has no control over his or her actions. | 他对他的行为没有控制力 |
[13:25] | No conscious control, that’s right. | 对,没有意识控制能力 |
[13:28] | Would a person have enough control over their actions | 那么她对这类行为有无足够的控制力呢? |
[13:31] | to open a drawer, | 比如打开抽屉 |
[13:33] | grab a knife from among a dozen other tools, | 从一堆工具中找出小刀 |
[13:35] | and pursue a victim throughout the house? | 然后满屋子追着受害人 |
[13:37] | Objection! | 反对 |
[13:38] | There’s been no evidence of a pursuit. | 毫无根据的假设 |
[13:40] | The objection is sustained. | 反对有效 |
[13:41] | Doctor Starger, can you tell us for a fact | Starger 医生, 和我们说实话吧 |
[13:44] | that Jan Carlson experienced a flashback | 在谋杀她妈的那个晚上 |
[13:48] | on the night she murdered her mother. | Jan Carlson是否正在犯闪回症 |
[13:49] | Objection to the term murder. | 反对使用“谋杀”一词 |
[13:51] | Murder involves a culpable state of mind. | “谋杀”包含有罪推定 |
[13:53] | Can you tell us for a fact she suffered from a flashback | 那能和我们说说事实上在谋杀的那晚 |
[13:56] | the night she killed her mother? | 她是否正在犯闪回症 |
[13:58] | It’s impossible to know. | 这很难确定 |
[14:00] | Have you ever seen the defendant experience a flashback? | 你曾见过被告人犯闪回症吗 |
[14:03] | No. | 没 |
[14:04] | So for all you actually may know, | 也就是你知道,闪回症和遭受性虐待 |
[14:05] | Jan Carlson may have made up all these stories of flashbacks and sexual abuse. | 完全可能是Jan Carlson自己编造出来的 |
[14:10] | Look, I have been treating her for a very long time… | 不,我治疗她已经很久一段时间了 |
[14:13] | Has she ever offered you any proof | 她曾向你展示过她曾 |
[14:15] | that she was sexually abused by her father | 被性虐待过的证据吗 |
[14:18] | a diary, a doctors note, | 比如日记、医生证明 |
[14:20] | and police report, anything? | 或者警方笔录之类的东西? |
[14:21] | I don’t cross-examine my patients | 我不会对我的病人交叉盘问 |
[14:24] | So you took her at her word. | 所以实际上你是在复述她的话 |
[14:25] | I feel that I can usually tell when a patient is feigning their symptoms… | 我知道如何看出病人是不是在假装自己的病症 |
[14:29] | You took her at her word? | 所以你就相信她了 |
[14:34] | Yes, I did. | 对,我信她 |
[14:35] | Thank you, Doctor Starger. | 谢谢你 Doctor Starger |
[14:46] | Don’t say a word to me. | 别和我说话 |
[14:48] | I think you look great. | 我觉得你看起来太棒了 |
[14:49] | Never mind! | 无所谓! |
[14:50] | You know, Bobby, | 你知道么,Bobby |
[14:51] | it’s a beautiful, beautiful dress, | 这是件非常美丽的婚纱 |
[14:54] | but I think it was designed to be worn by a shorter person. | 但我认为它是设计给一个比我矮的女人穿的 |
[14:57] | Plus, the pressure of living up to your mother’s memory… | 更何况,生活在你母亲记忆阴影下的压力… |
[14:59] | She hates the dress. | 她讨厌这婚纱 |
[15:00] | I don’t hate it! | 我不讨厌! |
[15:01] | Why don’t you just tell him? It looks like wallpaper. | 你为什么不告诉他?这婚纱穿起来像壁纸 |
[15:04] | It looks more like a doily to me. | 就我而言这更像个餐巾 |
[15:05] | -Jimmy! -What? | -Jimmy!-咋了? |
[15:06] | You know those things you put on the arm of a chair. | 你见过放在椅子扶手上的餐巾么 |
[15:08] | Yeah, I know what a doily is, but it doesn’t look like that. | 是,我知道餐巾是怎样的,绝不是像这样的 |
[15:09] | Bobby, it’s beautiful. | Bobby,它很漂亮 |
[15:11] | Well, Lindsay, why don’t you want to wear it if we can have it altered? | 好了,Lindsay,你就不想穿上它么,如果可以改一下的话? |
[15:14] | She hates it! | 她讨厌这个! |
[15:15] | I don’t hate it! | 我不讨厌它! |
[15:17] | Lindsay, do you hate it? | Lindsay,你讨厌它么? |
[15:20] | Well, I would just rather wear the other one. | 好吧,我其实更喜欢另外一条 |
[15:27] | No, I… | 不,我… |
[15:28] | I want you to wear this one. | 我希望你穿这一条 |
[15:42] | with all due respect to your mother, | 满怀着对你母亲的敬意 |
[15:44] | the decision of what I wear should really be my decision. | 我穿什么衣服应该由我自己做主 |
[15:47] | Lindsay, this is very personal to me. | Lindsay,此事对我意义非凡 |
[15:51] | I get that, I really do | 我明白,我真的明白 |
[15:53] | but a wedding dress, | 但一件婚纱 |
[15:55] | it’s personal to the bride, too. | 对于新娘来说同样是意义非凡的 |
[15:58] | Lindsay, I don’t ask for much…one concession. | Lindsay,我从未奢求过多,只此一件 |
[16:01] | You don’t ask for much? You insist on a catholic wedding. | 你从未奢求过多?你一直坚持要办天主教婚礼 |
[16:04] | I’m catholic! | 因为我是天主教徒啊! |
[16:05] | MWell, I’m not. | 可我不是 |
[16:06] | Y, you picked out where we’d have the reception… | 你选择办理婚礼的地方… |
[16:08] | It’s a place near the church. | 就在教堂旁边 |
[16:09] | What we eat… | 婚礼上的喜宴… |
[16:09] | You said you didn’t care! | 你说你不在乎! |
[16:10] | on the dress, I do care. | 婚纱这件事,我在乎 |
[16:12] | I can’t believe you’re doing this. | 我真不敢相信你会这么做 |
[16:13] | Bobby, is this a partnership | Bobby,我们到底是合伙人的关系 |
[16:15] | or do you just dictate everything? | 还是说你对每件事情都要发号施令? |
[16:17] | I’m not dictating, I’m just asking for one damn thing! | 我没有发号施令,我只是他妈的在央求一件事! |
[16:19] | This is not one thing! | 才不是一件事! |
[16:21] | Oh! It’s typical you’d be so stubborn. | 哦!这只是你固执性格的典型表现而已 |
[16:22] | You have made every decision without consulting me | 你做出每项决定的时候都没有咨询过我的意见 |
[16:25] | and now you’re telling me that I have to wear your dead mother’s doily? | 现在你跑来告诉我,我必须要穿上你亡母的餐布? |
[16:27] | Well, I’m not. I’m wearing the dress I picked out. | 好,我拒绝,我只穿我选择的那一件 |
[16:29] | If I have to eat communion, you can swallow this. | 如果我必须在婚礼上去吃那个天主教圣餐,你就必须接受这个 |
[16:39] | Can you describe these flashbacks for the court? | 您能为法庭上的各位具体描述一下闪回症么? |
[16:44] | Well, the most common one, | 好的,以出现最多的一个为例 |
[16:50] | I’m in my bed looking up at where | 我躺在床上双眼望着天花板 |
[16:55] | my mother painted a clouds and a blue sky. | 上面有我妈妈粉刷的蓝天和白云 |
[17:01] | And then the door opens quietly, | 接着房门悄悄的打开 |
[17:04] | and I know it’s my father. | 我知道是爸爸 |
[17:09] | I keep staring at the clouds, | 我死盯着天花板上的云朵, |
[17:11] | imagining I’m high above everything. | 想象自己在云端之上 |
[17:16] | I don’t look down, | 我不往下看 |
[17:18] | I never look at him. | 我从来不看他 |
[17:21] | But I feel him. | 但我能感觉到他 |
[17:26] | And then | 然后 |
[17:29] | he’s inside me and | 他插入了我的身体 |
[17:34] | it burns. | 下体像灼烧一样 |
[17:38] | I tell myself to thing about the clouds, | 我告诉自己在云端之上的情景 |
[17:41] | to think about heaven and how much better it’s be to be up there. | 想象着天国的模样以及在那里极乐的生活 |
[17:47] | Then I hear my mother’s footsteps stopping right outside my door. | 然后我就听到妈妈的脚步声停在房门之外 |
[17:53] | I scream but nothing comes out. | 我尖叫着但无济于事 |
[17:57] | I try to punch and kick but my arms and legs won’t move. | 我试图拳打脚踢但自己的手脚都无法动弹 |
[18:03] | There’s nothing I can do, | 我什么也做不了 |
[18:08] | and then the footsteps start to fade away, | 接着脚步声逐渐远去 |
[18:14] | and I’m there alone with him again. | 又一次只剩下我和他 |
[18:24] | Jan? Did you hate your mother? | Jan?你恨你母亲吗? |
[18:28] | No! | 不! |
[18:31] | I loved her, | 我爱她 |
[18:32] | I wanted her to love me! To save me! | 我希望她也能爱我!能救我于水火! |
[18:35] | And when she didn’t? | 可当时她坐视不理? |
[18:38] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[18:40] | I never wanted to kill her! | 我从未想过去杀她! |
[18:44] | I just wanted her to love me. | 我只是想让她能爱我 |
[18:50] | The night your mother was killed, do you remember anything? | 案发当晚你母亲被杀,你还记得当时的情景么? |
[18:55] | I remember her bringing out the cake. | 我记得她捧出生日蛋糕 |
[18:59] | There were candles. | 上面点着蜡烛 |
[19:01] | You don’t remember picking up a knife? | 不记得你当时拿起一把刀? |
[19:04] | No. | 没有 |
[19:06] | One second there’s a cake, | 刚刚还记得是蛋糕 |
[19:09] | the next she’s dying. | 接着发生的就是她快死了 |
[19:13] | I have no memory of what happened. | 我对于发生的一切失去了记忆 |
[19:16] | Was there something about the cake | 是不是蛋糕有什么问题 |
[19:19] | that would have triggered old memories? | 以至于触景生情想起以前的旧事? |
[19:22] | I hated my birthdays. | 我恨我的生日 |
[19:26] | He’s always come in on my birthdays. | 他经常在我生日来到我房间 |
[19:31] | You used to work as a drafts person | 你曾经在一家叫做 Madison 的公司里 |
[19:33] | for a firm called Madison and Company. | 从事文秘的工作 |
[19:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:36] | And in 1995 you quit, | 然后你在1995年离职, |
[19:39] | could you tell us why? | 能告诉我们原因么? |
[19:40] | Their office had fluorescent lighting that gave me migraines, | 他们办公室的荧光灯让我患上了偏头疼 |
[19:44] | which ultimately became incapacitating. | 最后让我失去了劳动能力 |
[19:47] | You spent the next 3 months working for the architect Dylan Wolfe. | 然后你又为 Dylan Wolfe 建筑公司工作了3个月 |
[19:50] | Freelance. | 作为自由职业者 |
[19:51] | And according to records there, | 根据这里提供的记录 |
[19:52] | you left for fear of developing an ulcer. | 你因为害怕患上溃疡而选择离职 |
[19:56] | I was working 18 hours a day. It was extremely stressful. | 我一天要工作18个小时,压力太大了 |
[20:00] | I was worried about an ulcer. | 我当时很担心患上溃疡 |
[20:01] | And 3 months ago you filed a workman’s compensation claim | 但3个月以前你提起了一个劳动赔偿诉讼 |
[20:04] | against your employer Baxter Design Corporation. | 被告是你的雇主 Baxter 设计公司 |
[20:08] | You couldn’t work there because you hurt your arm and shoulder. | 你因为手臂和肩膀受损而无法在那里工作 |
[20:11] | it’s called Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. | 这叫胸廓出口综合症 |
[20:13] | It happens to architects too. | 建筑工人也会发病的 |
[20:15] | In fact Ms. Carlson, you were about to be fired at Baxter Design. | 事实上,Carlson 小姐,你即将被 Baxter 设计公司解雇 |
[20:20] | No. | 不是 |
[20:21] | You went to 3 specialists | 你找过三位专家 |
[20:22] | and none could find a medical reason for your pain. | 但一个也无法对你的伤痛找到病因 |
[20:25] | Objection. What’s the relevance of this? | 反对,这和本案有何关联? |
[20:27] | It goes to pattern. | 这已经成为套路了 |
[20:29] | Every time the defendant is responsible for her behaviour, | 每一次当被告要为自己的行为负责的时候 |
[20:33] | she finds a mysterious medical condition to blame. | 她就会将其归结于一个神秘病情 |
[20:36] | Objection! Move to strike that! | 反对!请求不予记录! |
[20:37] | Get fired from the job, blame Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. | 将被解雇的原因归结于胸廓出口综合症 |
[20:40] | Murder your mother in cold blood, | 冷血的杀害自己的亲生母亲 |
[20:42] | it’s Past Traumatic Stress Disorder. | 这是创伤后应激障碍综合症 |
[20:44] | Objection! | 反对! |
[20:45] | Sustained! | 反对有效! |
[20:48] | your mother left you an estate valued at 2.3 million dollars. | 你母亲留给你的一处房产价值230万美元 |
[20:52] | Are you a beneficiary of that inheritance? | 你是这份财产的受益人吧? |
[20:56] | I inherit with my sister, yes. | 是的,我和我姐姐是合法继承人 |
[21:04] | It’s consistent with abuse survivors. | 同时还是性虐待的受害者 |
[21:06] | Ulcers, migraines | 溃疡,偏头疼 |
[21:08] | I’d say we recall Doctor Starger. | 我建议传唤 Starger 医生 |
[21:09] | It won’t help, it looks like she’s making excuses. | 没有用的,她看起来在找借口 |
[21:12] | What about her pediatrician? | 她的儿科医生呢? |
[21:14] | Her pediatrician? | 她的儿科医生? |
[21:15] | We gotta show abuse occurred, we still haven’t proven… | 我们必须找到性虐待的证据,但我们一直未能证实… |
[21:17] | But he never reported anything! | 但他从未报告过任何事情! |
[21:18] | They didn’t in those days. | 那些日子里他们不会这么做的 |
[21:20] | But there’s evidence of symptoms in her medical records. | 但在她的医疗记录里有这些症状的相关证据 |
[21:22] | Look, she has urinary infections, weight loss… | 你看,她有尿路感染,体重减少… |
[21:25] | Those symptoms don’t conclude abuse, | 这些症状并不能得出性虐待的结论, |
[21:27] | and the pediatrician would just testify | 并且她的儿科医生也许会作证 |
[21:28] | that he didn’t see anything to report. | 他没有看出有什么需要上报的 |
[21:33] | Excuse me, Ms. Washington? | 对不起,是 Washington 小姐么? |
[21:35] | My name is Steven Hatfield, I’m Brianna’s husband. | 我是 Steven Hatfield,我是 Brianna 的丈夫 |
[21:39] | She’s your clients sister. | 她是你当事人的姐姐 |
[21:41] | Yes, how can I help you? | 是的,我能为你做些什么吗? |
[21:42] | Well, I’m not very comfortable coming to you like this, | 像这样来找你们让我感到不是很安心 |
[21:45] | but I understand that Brianna testified that her father never abused her. | 但我知道 Brianna 为什么作证说她父亲没有虐待她妹妹 |
[21:50] | Yes? | 什么? |
[21:52] | ]Well, I believe that to be a lie. | 我相信她说谎了 |
[22:00] | I don’t think it’s deliberate, | 但我并不认为这是故意的 |
[22:01] | I think she’s been lying to herself. | 我想她是自己骗自己 |
[22:04] | About her being abused as a child. | 关于她幼时被性虐待的事情 |
[22:05] | Yes, I knew her dad. | 是的,我认识她父亲 |
[22:08] | A nicer guy you couldn’t want. | 一个好的不能再好的人 |
[22:10] | And I didn’t want to believe Jan’s accusations about the guy. | 我不敢相信 Jan 对这人的指控 |
[22:13] | But it got me thinking about some of the problems | 但这让我想起我和 Brianna |
[22:17] | Brianna and I had been having. | 之间发生的一些问题 |
[22:18] | What kind of problems? | 什么问题? |
[22:21] | In the bedroom. | 床笫之事 |
[22:23] | Every time I’d try to bring the subject up, | 每次我提出要夫妻生活的时候, |
[22:25] | she’d accuse me of being over sexed. | 她总会指责我纵欲过度 |
[22:26] | It got to a point where she wouldn’t even let me touch her. | 极端的时候她甚至都不让我摸她 |
[22:30] | Than about 6 months ago she filed for divorce. | 六个月以前她提出了离婚 |
[22:34] | Mr. Hatfield. | Hatfield 先生 |
[22:35] | There could be a lot of reasons why you and Mrs. Hatfield had sexual problems. | 造成你和 Hatfield 太太之间性生活不和谐的原因可能有很多 |
[22:38] | Yes, but she had this reflex to being touched. | 没错,但她对于触摸的反应是这样的 |
[22:43] | Sitting in a chair or lying next to me, | 只要座在或躺在我旁边 |
[22:46] | if she saw that I was about to tough her, | 如果她看见我要去摸她 |
[22:48] | she’d be okay, | 她就没事 |
[22:51] | not relaxed, but okay. | 不紧张,但还算好 |
[22:54] | But if I ever came up on her from behind | 但如果我从她的后方而来 |
[22:56] | or touched her when she didn’t see it coming, | 或者说我摸她时她没有察觉到 |
[22:58] | just a touch on the arm | 只要一摸她的手臂 |
[23:01] | and her whole body would contract. | 她整个身体就会发抖 |
[23:04] | I always thought it was possible she might be the victim of some abuse. | 我经常在想她会不会是某个性虐待的受害者 |
[23:08] | I tried to get her to talk to me about it, | 我尝试着和她沟通此事 |
[23:11] | but she wouldn’t go there. | 但她一直守口如瓶 |
[23:15] | He’s lying. | 他在撒谎 |
[23:16] | He’s just trying to get back at me or something. | 他此举是妄图和我复合或其他目的 |
[23:18] | What motive would he have to make this up? | 他编造这一切的目的何为? |
[23:20] | I don’t know. He’s lying, | 我不知道,反正他在撒谎 |
[23:22] | it never happened. | 纯属子虚乌有 |
[23:24] | Brianna, did it? | Brianna,这是真的么? |
[23:27] | No, Jan, he’s lying! | 不,Jan,他在撒谎! |
[23:31] | Jan, you know Steven, | Jan,你知道 Steven |
[23:32] | he’s got to find blame for everything. | 什么事情他都要找借口 |
[23:34] | It’s just his way of saying that the marriage failed because of me. | 他就是用这种方式来将婚姻的失败归结于我的原因 |
[23:38] | You know Steven. | 你知道 Steven 这人的 |
[23:41] | I don’t believe her. | 我不相信她 |
[23:43] | I believe her, but maybe she’s repressed it. | 我相信她,但也许她在回避和压抑 |
[23:45] | What if you hypnotize her? Would that bring out… | 如果你对她进行催眠呢?那样能把真话套出来么… |
[23:48] | It doesn’t sound like she wants to be treated, | 看起来她并不愿意接受那样的对待 |
[23:50] | and if so I certainly can’t force her. | 而且我也肯定不能强迫她去做 |
[23:52] | But we can force her to testify. | 但我们可以强迫她出庭作证 |
[23:54] | But what good would that do? She would just deny… | 但那样做有什么好处呢?她也许会拒绝承认… |
[23:55] | How convincing did you just find her? | 你有多大的把握能从她身上找到证据? |
[23:57] | I don’t want you to be brutalizing my sister! | 我不希望你对我的姐姐像秋风一样冷酷无情 |
[23:59] | Jan, her testimony stands to convict you. | Jan,她的证词在指控你 |
[24:01] | She had to testify, she was subpoenaed. | 她不得不作证,她是被法庭传唤来的 |
[24:04] | It doesn’t matter, | 这没有区别 |
[24:04] | what she said was damaging, | 她的证词对你不利 |
[24:05] | plus this is no time to be protecting her, | 加上现在没时间考虑去保护她 |
[24:07] | we gotta recall her. | 我们必须传唤她 |
[24:09] | And do what? | 做些什么? |
[24:11] | Whatever we can. | 尽我们之所能 |
[24:20] | You didn’t have to get anti-Catholic. | 你没必要做一个反天主教者 |
[24:22] | I wasn’t anti-Catholic. | 我不是反天主教者 |
[24:24] | I was referring to the length of the ceremony, | 我只是在讨论婚礼庆典的时间长短 |
[24:25] | which I wanted to be short. | 因为我想让它更简短一些 |
[24:26] | Still, you take shots at his mother and religion? | 你是想让他对母亲和宗教的爱更简短一些吧? |
[24:29] | don’t you have work to do? | 你现在没事干么? |
[24:31] | Why is it no one wants my counselling? | 为什么就没人想听一下我的建议呢? |
[24:34] | Lindsay, in my office. | Lindsay,来我的办公室 |
[24:36] | No! | 不! |
[24:39] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[24:40] | I said no. | 我说不 |
[24:41] | This is a personal matter. | 这是个人的私事 |
[24:43] | You don’t order me around on personal matters. | 在私人问题上,你没权利对我发号施令 |
[24:45] | That’s what you need to get, Bobby. | Bobby,这是你自作自受 |
[24:47] | Well, you want to talk about a personal matter in front of everyone else? | 好吧,你希望我们在众人面前谈论私事么? |
[24:50] | No, but I don’t want to be ordered. | 不,但我不想被人命令 |
[24:52] | -Why don’t we pick a neutral… -Stay out of this! | -为什么你们不选择一个中立的….-关你毛事! |
[24:55] | I’d love to, tell me where’s a good spot. | 我喜欢,告诉我什么地方最好 |
[24:57] | Jimmy, shut up! | Jimmy,闭嘴! |
[24:58] | You think you’re funny? | 你认为你很幽默么? |
[24:58] | Hey, hey! Don’t jump on him. | 嘿,嘿!别把矛头转向他 |
[25:00] | You stay out of it too Ellenor! | 你也别管这事,Ellenor! |
[25:01] | Look, we don’t want to be in it, so take it to another room. | 听着,我们不想卷入此事,所以请你们另找一间屋子 |
[25:03] | I tried to! | 我会去找的! |
[25:04] | Yeah, but you ordered her. | 是,但你在命令她 |
[25:05] | Be quiet! | 安静! |
[25:06] | Bite away! | 去死吧! |
[25:07] | I’m leaving. | 我走了 |
[25:09] | Oh! There’s a mature response just… | 喔!这是一个成熟的反应… |
[25:13] | Leave. | 离开 |
[25:17] | Do you know what the term loss of consortium means? | 你知道夫妻义务缺失的含义么? |
[25:21] | I suppose. | 我想我知道 |
[25:23] | Your husband Steven Hatfield claims your marriage failed | 你丈夫 Steven Hatfield 声称你们婚姻的破裂 |
[25:26] | because of loss of consortium, you wouldn’t have sex with him. | 是因为没有履行夫妻义务,你不愿意和他发生性关系 |
[25:30] | Is that true? | 这是事实么? |
[25:31] | No, it isn’t. | 不,不是的 |
[25:33] | In the 3 years since your father died, | 你父亲死后的三年里 |
[25:37] | how often did you have sex with your husband? | 你和你丈夫发生性生活的频率如何? |
[25:40] | Do I have to answer these questions? | 我必须要回答这个问题么? |
[25:42] | I’m sorry, you do. | 对不起,你必须回答 |
[25:43] | How often? | 多久一次? |
[25:44] | I don’t know, every few weeks. | 我不知道,几周一次吧 |
[25:45] | Objection, what relevance is there? | 反对,这和本案有何关系? |
[25:47] | I’m trying to establish a history of sexual dysfunction. | 我在试图建立一个性功能缺失的历史记录 |
[25:49] | That’s not true. | 那不是真的 |
[25:49] | I understand you don’t want to believe it. | 我理解你不愿意去相信这一切 |
[25:52] | I don’t want to believe it, counsel, | 我不愿意相信这一切,律师 |
[25:53] | because it isn’t true. | 因为这本来就不是真的 |
[25:55] | Do you consider your sister to be an honest person? | 你认为你妹妹是一个诚实的人么? |
[25:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:00] | Ever known her to lie? | 即使知道她在撒谎? |
[26:03] | No, except for this. | 不,除了这个 |
[26:05] | This being her claim that she was sexually abused. | 此案中你妹妹声称她受到了性虐待 |
[26:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:10] | And why would she lie about that? | 为什么她要在此事上撒谎 |
[26:11] | I have no idea. | 我不清楚 |
[26:14] | No motive to your knowledge? | 以你对她的了解,她这么做就没有动机么? |
[26:15] | No. | 不知道 |
[26:16] | Did you ever think, well, maybe it happened? | 你曾经是否设想过,也许此事确实发生过? |
[26:18] | No. | 没有 |
[26:20] | It ever happen to you? | 此事在你身上发生过么? |
[26:21] | No! | 没有! |
[26:22] | He never opened your door and came into your room? | 你父亲从没有打开你的房门进入你的房间? |
[26:24] | No, he didn’t. | 没有,他没有 |
[26:24] | He never crawled into your bed? | 他从来都没有爬上你的床? |
[26:26] | No! | 没有! |
[26:26] | If he did and you never said anything, | 如果他做了而你又从未吐露过只言片语 |
[26:30] | I guess you’d feel a little responsible | 我猜你要为你父亲对你妹妹下手的这件事 |
[26:32] | for him moving onto your younger sister. | 而感到一些自责吧 |
[26:34] | He never did that. | 他从未做过 |
[26:35] | Did what? Come into your room or hers? | 做什么?去你的房间还是去你妹妹的? |
[26:37] | Either! It never happened! | 都没有!从未发生过这些事! |
[26:39] | You know for a fact it didn’t happen to Jan? | 你知道这事没有发生在 Jan 的身上? |
[26:41] | Now how do you know that for a fact? | 现在你怎么知道发生了什么事? |
[26:42] | I don’t believe that it happened. | 我不相信这发生过 |
[26:44] | So it is possible? | 有没有可能发生呢? |
[26:45] | No! It’s not possible. | 不!绝不可能 |
[26:46] | So you know for a fact again. | 所以你又知道发生了什么 |
[26:47] | -Objection! -I know for a certainty. | -反对! -我只是在确认 |
[26:49] | And that’s different than for a fact. | 而且那和事实还有所区别 |
[26:50] | You honor! | 法官大人! |
[26:51] | All right, Mr. Young. | 好了,Young先生 |
[26:53] | Mrs. Hatfield, previously you testified that | Hatfield 小姐,你先前作证 |
[26:55] | when your mother and Jan started to argue, | 当你母亲和 Jan 开始争吵的时候, |
[26:57] | you left the house. Why? | 你离开了屋子,为什么? |
[26:59] | I didn’t want to hear them fighting. | 我不想听见她们的争吵 |
[27:01] | You didn’t want to stay in the house | 你不想呆在屋子里 |
[27:03] | and hear about your father sexually abusing Jan? | 听她们谈论你父亲对 Jan 的性虐待? |
[27:06] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[27:07] | So you just ran out of the house, didn’t want to deal with it. | 所以你跑出了屋子,不想参与其中 |
[27:09] | No. | 是的 |
[27:11] | Do you love your sister Jan? | 你爱你的妹妹 Jan 么? |
[27:13] | Of course I do | 当然了 |
[27:14] | Somebody you love claims she was sexually abused | 一个你所爱的人声称她被性虐待 |
[27:18] | and you don’t even want to talk about it. | 而你甚至不愿意谈及此事 |
[27:19] | You run from the discussion. | 你逃离了这次争论 |
[27:21] | I don’t believe she was sexually abused. | 我不相信她受过性虐待 |
[27:25] | Well, did you ever counsel her to get help? | 好吧,你曾经就此事帮助过她么? |
[27:28] | I mean, if she thinks she was sexually abused or lies about it | 我的意思是,如果她认为她受过性虐待或者在此事上撒谎 |
[27:31] | did you ever try to help her or see that she got help? | 你曾经试图帮助过她或者看见她接受过帮助么? |
[27:40] | No. | 没有 |
[27:43] | Truth is, you didn’t want to go near the subject, | 真相就是,你根本就不想触及这个事实 |
[27:45] | did you Brianna? | 对么,Brianna? |
[27:46] | You had to run our of the room every time it happened | 每当此事发生的时候你都不得不跑出房间 |
[27:49] | because he touched you. | 因为他在摸你 |
[27:50] | -No he didn’t! -Asked and answered! | -不,他没有做! -请回答我的提问! |
[27:51] | Just like you want to run out of the room now. | 就像现在你也想逃离这间屋子一样 |
[27:52] | He never touched me! | 他从未碰过我! |
[27:53] | She’s on trial for murder here, | 她现在接受谋杀罪的指控 |
[27:55] | and you’re gonna let her go down | 而你现在对她落井下石 |
[27:56] | just like you let him go into her room. | 就像当年你让父亲进入她房间一样 |
[27:57] | Stop it! | 别再说了! |
[27:58] | Why can’t you admit it happened? | 你为什么不肯承认发生的一切? |
[27:59] | -Why didn’t you make him stop? -Carlson, sit down. | -为什么你不阻止他? -Carlson,座下 |
[28:00] | -You could have made him stop! -Enough. | 你本可以阻止他那么做 -够了 |
[28:03] | I didn’t have to fell alone. | 我本可以不那么孤独 |
[28:06] | You gave your sister to him, Brianna! | 你为虎作伥将自己妹妹献给了他,Brianna! |
[28:08] | -Objection! -No I didn’t! | -反对!-不,我没有 |
[28:09] | -Mr. Young! -I didn’t do anything. | -Young 先生! -我没有袖手旁观 |
[28:10] | You let him crawl into her bed just like he crawled into yours. | 你让他像爬上你的床一样爬上你妹妹的 |
[28:13] | Get away from me! | 给我滚开! |
[28:19] | You get away! | 你滚开! |
[28:32] | Look at your sister Brianna. | 好好看看你妹妹,Brianna |
[28:39] | You can’t even look at her. | 你甚至不敢正视她 |
[28:42] | She needs you to remember. | 她需要你的回忆 |
[28:48] | Please get away from me. | 请离我远点 |
[29:06] | It’s a dress! | 这只是一件婚纱! |
[29:07] | Exactly, so what’s the big deal about me wearing it? | 的确如此,那我穿上它又有什么大不了的? |
[29:10] | Well that’s my question! | 这句话应该是由我来问你的! |
[29:11] | What’s the big deal to you if you know how important it is to me! | 如果你知道这件事对我至关重要,那你穿上它又有什么大不了的! |
[29:15] | Why the hell isn’t important to you, | 为什么我在婚礼当天的感受, |
[29:17] | how I feel on my wedding day? | 对你来说却是他妈的不屑一顾? |
[29:19] | Did you ever stop to consider that, Bobby, | 你能放弃那个想法吗,Bobby |
[29:21] | th-that it’s my day too? Or is it only your day? | 婚礼也是属于我的,对么?还是说你认为只属于自己? |
[29:23] | Like it’s only your marriage? | 就好像这只是你一个人的婚姻 |
[29:25] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这是什么意思? |
[29:26] | It means that you don’t look at this like a partnership, | 意思是你并未将婚姻看作成为一种类似于伙伴的关系, |
[29:28] | or if you do, you consider yourself a senior partner. | 即使你这样认为了,你也自诩为胜人一筹的高级合伙人 |
[29:30] | Well if it’s gonna be that, Bobby | 好吧,如果真是这样的,Booby |
[29:31] | What is wrong with you? | 你到底怎么了? |
[29:33] | What’s wrong with me? | 我怎么了? |
[29:34] | Yes, you’re acting like a crazy person! | 是的,你现在看起来就像一个疯婆子! |
[29:36] | I mean, is this just stress? | 我的意思是,是因为压力太大吗? |
[29:38] | Don’t blame this on stress! Or PMS! | 别扯什么压力或大姨妈之类的借口 |
[29:40] | -Or whatever other label you want to have on to justify…-I’m just trying to talk to you and you’re screaming at me! | -或者你又想将我扣上怎样的大帽子 -我只是想与你商量,而你却对我大喊大叫 |
[29:43] | I hate the way you proposed to me! | 我恨你向我求婚的方式! |
[29:57] | It came at a time of trauma, and that’s…I… | 这一切来自于过去的伤痛,那是… |
[30:02] | you’re so guarded. so… | 你太自闭了,所以… |
[30:07] | I mean you keep your emotions in a vault! | 我的意思是你把情感紧锁在心房不愿敞开! |
[30:11] | It took some catastrophe to set them loose when I got stabbed | 当我遇刺受伤的时候,那悲惨的境遇才让你压抑的感情破堤而出 |
[30:14] | but that was just a fluke! | 那真是三生有幸啊! |
[30:16] | I mean, do I have to get on a deathbed for you to unlock… | 是不是只有我快死的时候才能让你打开心结… |
[30:19] | Lindsay, what is going on? | 到底怎么了,Lindsay? |
[30:27] | When you lost your mother, | 当你母亲与世长辞的时候, |
[30:30] | I don’t know, I, | 我不知道,我, |
[30:34] | it must have been some kind of pain. | 也许给你带来了无尽的伤痛 |
[30:41] | From what I gather, you…you… | 依我之见,你…你… |
[30:48] | I don’t think you’ll ever risk getting hurt like that again. | 我认为你不想再经历同样的痛苦 |
[30:51] | I don’t think you’ll ever let anyone become the centre of your life | 所以你不想让任何人像你母亲那样成为自己生活的中心 |
[30:57] | you…you’ll lose too much control or something. | 你…你害怕有朝一日会一无所有 |
[31:00] | What are you telling me? | 你到底想对我说什么? |
[31:05] | You don’t want a partner, | 你需要的不是一个伴侣 |
[31:06] | you…you want an accessory to compliment you life, not… | 你…你所需要的只是一个填补你生活空白的附属品而已 |
[31:16] | I don’t want in on that. | 我不想成为那样的人 |
[31:20] | I don’t want to end up… | 我不想在你的世界里 |
[31:24] | marooned on your island. | 孤独终老 |
[31:34] | Maybe we should call this off. | 也许我们应该取消婚礼 |
[31:38] | You…you don’t want to… | 你…你不想… |
[31:40] | you don’t want to get married? | 你不想结婚了? |
[31:44] | No. | 是的 |
[31:56] | Imagine you’re 9, it’s your birthday, | 想象一下,在你9岁生日那天, |
[31:59] | and your mother brings out your birthday cake | 你妈妈端出生日蛋糕 |
[32:02] | and tells you to make a wish before you blow out the candles. | 让你吹灭蜡烛前许下生日愿望 |
[32:05] | Do you wish for a new bike you saw at the toy store? | 你是否期待着能有一辆在玩具店橱窗里看到过的崭新自行车? |
[32:12] | Jan Carlson wished that her father | 而Jan Carlson只希望自己的亲生父亲 |
[32:14] | would stop forcing her to have sex with him. | 能够不再对她进行性侵 |
[32:16] | She prayed for someone to protect her from him, | 她祈祷有人能保护她免受伤害 |
[32:21] | but not long after she blew out her birthday candles, | 但就在她吹灭生日蜡烛没多久 |
[32:25] | her father would creep into her room | 她父亲再次潜入她的房间 |
[32:29] | with one last gift to give her. | 送给了她最后一件生日礼物(指性侵) |
[32:33] | So, she picks up a knife and murders her mother. | 于是她拿起刀杀害了她的母亲 |
[32:39] | Not her father, | 而不是她的父亲, |
[32:40] | the one who supposedly committed these horrific acts, | 那个被声称曾对她做出禽兽一般行径的男人 |
[32:44] | her mother, and then trots out | 而那时她的母亲,却坐视不管 |
[32:46] | ‘Hey, I was abused as a child, | “当我还是孩子的时候受到了性侵” |
[32:47] | I have Post Traumatic Stress disorder” | ”我有创伤后应激障碍“ |
[32:51] | and that’s a good one. | 真是个好理由 |
[32:53] | We see all kinds of imaginative defences these days. | 这些天我们见识了各种天马行空的辩护理由 |
[32:57] | We have Rape Trauma Syndrome, | 有强奸创伤综合症, |
[32:59] | Battered Wives Syndrome, Steroid Rage Defence. | 婚内妇女受虐综合症,精神失常性防卫 |
[33:05] | There are as many disorders as there are crimes these days, | 现在有多少犯罪就有多少精神失常的理由 |
[33:10] | and they all amount to the same thing. | 所有这些都是为了达到同样的目的 |
[33:13] | Escaping responsibility. | 就是为了逃避罪刑 |
[33:17] | This isn’t something she invented. | 这并不是她编造出来的理由 |
[33:19] | You heard the expert medicals testimony. | 你们听到了医学专家的证词 |
[33:22] | Jan Carlson’s mind was gone that night. | 那天晚上Jan Carlson失去了意识 |
[33:25] | She was suddenly re-living an awful memory, | 突然她脑海里又浮现出那段可怕的记忆, |
[33:29] | a horrible memory of sexual abuse. | 那段遭受性虐待的噩梦 |
[33:32] | You listened to Jan, you listened to Dr. Starger, | 你们听到了Jan和Starger医生的证词 |
[33:37] | and you listened to her sister Brianna, didn’t you? | 也听了她姐姐Brianna的证词,不是吗? |
[33:40] | The power of a mind to fight off a memory. | 她努力的想忘记这段记忆 |
[33:47] | For 3 years Bernard Carlson entered Jan’s room. | 受到Bernard Carlson三年性侵的记忆 |
[33:52] | For 3 years her mother knew and did nothing. | 三年中她母亲知晓一切却袖手旁观的记忆 |
[33:57] | On February 9, Jan’s mind caught in that memory, | 2月9号,Jan突然想起了一切, |
[34:05] | just snapped! | 就在转瞬间! |
[34:08] | She snapped. | 她觉醒了 |
[34:10] | And after snapping, | 在她突然恢复意识之后 |
[34:12] | she stands to inherit more than 1 million dollars. | 她将继承超过100万美元的遗产 |
[34:15] | She either did it for the money, or for revenge. | 她弑母的行为要么为了钱,要么为了复仇 |
[34:19] | Either way it’s murder one. | 而无论是哪个原因,这都是谋杀 |
[34:26] | Where’s Bobby? | Bobby在哪儿? |
[34:27] | He’s in his office. | 在他的办公室里 |
[34:28] | Tell him I’m here. | 告诉他我来了 |
[34:32] | What are you gonna do? | 你想要干什么? |
[34:33] | Who said it was your business? | 这跟你有什么关系? |
[34:34] | My friend, my business, | 我朋友的事就是我的事 |
[34:35] | What are you gonna do? | 你想怎样? |
[34:36] | Helen, she left me, | Helen,她离我而去 |
[34:37] | there’s nothing I can do. | 我无能为力 |
[34:38] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[34:40] | When you and I were dating, | 在我们俩约会的时候, |
[34:42] | I got this sense that you had life all figured out, | 我就感觉到,你已经对自己的人生规划的滴水不漏 |
[34:46] | how it would be, how it should be. | 它将会怎样,它应该怎样 |
[34:48] | And when you found somebody who fit into your little life plan, | 当你找到那个与你人生计划相契合的人, |
[34:52] | you’d get married. | 你就应该和她结婚 |
[34:53] | Now I knew that I would never be the one to fill that slot… | 我知道我永远不会是那个人 |
[34:58] | Thank you Helen, I’m not interested… | 谢谢你,Helen,但是我现在没兴趣… |
[34:59] | Would you listen to me? | 你到底在听我说吗? |
[35:00] | I might not have another chance to interfere, okay? | 我也许再没机会说这些了,好吗? |
[35:03] | Lindsay’s not going to slide into any slot either. | Lindsay也不是一个会受制于任何条条框框的人 |
[35:05] | And your life may not fit her any more than your mother’s dress, | 也许你的生活方式比你妈妈的婚纱更不适合她 |
[35:09] | but if you love her… | 但是如果你爱她 |
[35:11] | Helen, if you don’t let go of me… | Helen,如果你不放开我… |
[35:12] | Bobby, do you want to spend the rest of your life alone? | Bobby,你真的打算孤独终老吗? |
[35:15] | As much as I love her, she’s not the one I’m worried about. | 我很爱她,但我担心的不是她 |
[35:18] | She’s the greatest woman I know. | 她是我认识的最优秀的女孩 |
[35:20] | She’ll find somebody. | 她今后会邂逅到一些人 |
[35:21] | Probably better than you. | 可能比你更好 |
[35:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:25] | But you’re not going to find anybody better than her. | 但你是不可能找到一个比她更好的女孩了 |
[35:27] | I know it and you know it. | 你我都心知肚明 |
[35:30] | Let her be your partner, Bobby. | 让她成为你的妻子吧,Bobby |
[35:33] | Not just because it’s what she wants. | 这不仅是因为她之所望 |
[35:38] | Because it’s what you need. | 更因为这也是你之所需 |
[35:44] | How much longer? | 还要多久? |
[35:47] | We don’t know. There’s no way of telling. | 我们不知道,谁也说不准 |
[35:54] | Tell me something good, Rebecca, | 告诉我一些好消息,Rebecca |
[35:57] | I need to hear something good. | 我需要听到一些好消息 |
[36:16] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[36:23] | I’m sorry I made you feel so alone. | 我很抱歉让你感到如此的孤独无助 |
[36:27] | Do you remember? | 你记起来了吗? |
[36:29] | I don’t know, Jan. | 我不知道,Jan |
[36:34] | But I think I need someone to help me. | 但是我想我需要某人的帮助 |
[36:38] | You remember. | 你记起来了 |
[36:41] | I’m sorry, Janny. | 对不起,Janny |
[36:46] | Jury’s back. | 陪审团回来了 |
[37:00] | Will the defendant please rise? | 被告请起立 |
[37:05] | Mr. Foreman, have you reached a verdict? | 首席陪审员,你们得出裁决结果了吗? |
[37:07] | We have, your honor. | 是的,法官阁下 |
[37:09] | What say you? | 结果是什么? |
[37:10] | On account 42113, murder in the first degree, | 编号42113,一级谋杀罪指控 |
[37:16] | we the jury find the defendant, Jan Carlson, | 陪审团判定被告Jan Carlson |
[37:21] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[37:23] | On the account 42114, murder in the second degree, | 编号42114,二级谋杀罪指控 |
[37:28] | we the jury find the defendant, Jan Carlson, | 陪审团判定被告Jan Carlson |
[37:33] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[37:38] | The defendant is released. | 被告当庭释放 |
[37:39] | The jury is released with the thanks of the court. | 感谢陪审团的工作 |
[37:41] | We are adjourned. | 休庭 |
[38:18] | I haven’t totally figured out | 我完全不知道怎么弄明白 |
[38:21] | how to let people in my life. | 如何让别人进入我的生活 |
[38:25] | Everything you said… | 你所说的一切 |
[38:28] | the things you fear, | 你所害怕的事情 |
[38:32] | probably all true. | 可能都是事实 |
[38:35] | But this idea that I… | 但是认为我… |
[38:38] | I don’t want to share my life. | 不想和人共度余生 |
[38:41] | I don’ want a partner? | 不想娶老婆? |
[38:44] | That I reject. | 我不同意 |
[38:52] | I love you, Lindsay, | 我爱你,Lindsay |
[38:56] | whatever I have to do to convince you of that, | 只要你相信,无论让我做什么都可以 |
[39:03] | to earn the right to go on loving you, | 只要能让我可以重新获得你的芳心 |
[39:09] | for the rest of my life, | 能够携子之手,与子偕老 |
[39:14] | I’ll do it. | 我都将赴汤蹈火,在所不辞 |
[39:22] | Please. | 求你了 |
[39:27] | Marry me. | 嫁给我吧 |
[39:41] | I won’t wear that dress. | 我不会穿那条婚纱的 |
[39:47] | Forget the dress. | 忘了它吧 |
[39:58] | You have to let me in. | 你必须要对我敞开心扉 |
[40:02] | I will. | 我会的 |
[40:08] | Okay | 那好吧, |
[40:10] | lets get married. | 让我们结婚吧 |
[40:50] | What happened? | 发生什么事了? |
[40:51] | They picked up some food for dinner. | 他们采购了一些食物作为晚餐 |
[40:52] | Brianna came out of the restaurant, | 当Brianna走出餐厅, |
[40:54] | started walking to the car. | 向那辆车走去 |
[40:55] | She says she saw her father, | 她(Jan)说她看见了她父亲 |
[40:59] | and just gunned the accelerator. | 然后踩下了油门 |
[41:01] | 10 people witnessed it. | 有10个人目击了这一切 |
[41:05] | She ran over Brianna. | 她驾车撞向了Brianna |
[41:08] | Congratulations. She really does have a disorder. | 恭喜你们,她的确是精神错乱了 |
[41:13] | You get her off, you couldn’t have get her some help? | 你们把她带走,你们就不能给她一些帮助吗? |
[41:39] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了, |
[41:42] | I saw him, then… | 我看见他了,然后… |
[41:45] | is it really Bri? | 真的是Brianna么? |
[41:51] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:54] | Is she gonna be okay? | 她没事吧? |
[41:56] | She’s gonna be okay, right? | 她会没事的,对吗? |
[42:02] | Tell me something good, Rebecca. | 告诉我一些好消息,Rebecca |
[42:05] | I need to hear something good. | 我需要听到些好消息 |
[42:10] | Tell me something good. | 告诉我一些好消息 |
[42:13] | tell me something good. | 告诉我一些好消息 |
[42:17] | Tell me something good. | 告诉我一些好消息 |