时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Okay, let’s try this again: | 好的,让我们再试一次: |
[00:09] | after you got to Justin Fitzpatrick’s apartment | 在你到达Justin Fitzpatrick的公寓之后 |
[00:11] | what did you do? | 你做了什么? |
[00:22] | What about when the cops found you were in Justin’s apartment afterwards? | 事后,当警察发现你在贾斯汀的公寓里时呢? |
[00:26] | Did you say anything to the arresting officer? | 你有没有对逮捕官员说什么? |
[00:31] | You know, Darlene, it’s gonna help me a lot if you say something. | 你知道,达琳,如果你说点什么,它会帮助我很多。 |
[00:37] | Hey, I ain’t doing this coz I want to. | 嘿,我没有这样做,因为我想。 |
[00:39] | I got this court appointed, you know what that means? | 我得到了这个法院的任命,你知道这意味着什么? |
[00:42] | A judge told me I had to take it, no pay, no headlines. | 一名法官告诉我,我必须拿走它,没有报酬,没有头条新闻。 |
[00:45] | And I gonna tell you it looks open and shut. | 我会告诉你它看起来开放和关闭。 |
[00:47] | So if you want me to go in and say something to the judge and jury, | 所以如果你想让我进去向法官和陪审团说些什么, |
[00:50] | you gotta give it to me. | 你得把它给我。 |
[00:53] | You wanna know what happened? | 你想知道发生了什么? |
[00:54] | In your words, yes. | 用你的话说,是的。 |
[00:56] | Justin Fitzpatrick raped me, I got a gun, | 贾斯汀菲茨帕特里克强奸了我,我拿了一把枪, |
[01:00] | I went up to his apartment and I killed him. | 我去了他的公寓,我杀了他。 |
[01:02] | Take that to the judge and jury. | 把这件事交给法官和陪审团。 |
[01:59] | When did you first notice it? | 你什么时候第一次注意到它? |
[02:01] | Em… Like three days ago. | Em …就像三天前。 |
[02:03] | It was red and sore I thought I scraped it somehow. | 这是红色和酸痛,我认为我以某种方式刮了它。 |
[02:06] | Well, you are right. It is infected. | 那么,你是对的。它被感染了。 |
[02:10] | But, Lucy, this is a bite mark. | 但是,露西,这是一个咬痕。 |
[02:15] | What… like a spider? | 什么…像蜘蛛一样? |
[02:16] | Not a spider, it’s human. | 不是蜘蛛,它是人类。 |
[02:19] | Did somebody bite you? | 有人咬你吗? |
[02:21] | Excuse me? | 打扰一下? |
[02:23] | This is a human bite mark. | 这是一个人的咬痕。 |
[02:25] | If someone bit me I think I’d know. | 如果有人咬我,我想我会知道的。 |
[02:27] | Well, has there anybody been in the area recently? | 那么,最近有没有人在这个地区? |
[02:31] | Yeah, my boyfriend, but he doesn’t bite. | 是的,我的男朋友,但他不咬人。 |
[02:34] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[02:35] | He’s so conservative, he doesn’t bite. | 他太保守了,他不咬人。 |
[02:39] | Well I suggest you ask him. | 那么我建议你问他。 |
[02:41] | You’ve been bitten. | 你被咬了。 |
[02:44] | In the mean time let’s get you started on some antibiotic. | 同时让我们开始使用一些抗生素。 |
[02:51] | You go in there with that attitude | 你以那种态度去那里 |
[02:52] | and the best you got ** | 和你得到的最好的** |
[02:54] | And they’re gonna put you away for life. | 而且他们会让你终生难忘。 |
[02:56] | They’re gonna put me away no matter… | 无论如何,他们都会把我带走 |
[02:57] | Not if we can mitigate. | 不是,如果我们可以减轻。 |
[02:58] | What are you gonna do this so, genius? | 你会怎么做这个,天才? |
[03:01] | I am gonna let them know how you weren’t thinking straight for one. | 我会让他们知道你是如何不为一个人思考的。 |
[03:04] | But I was. | 但我是。 |
[03:06] | Let me explain this: | 让我解释一下: |
[03:08] | revenge doesn’t justify murder no matter what the guy did to you first. | 不管这个家伙先对你做了什么,报复都不能成为谋杀的理由。 |
[03:12] | But after a person has been violated, | 但是一个人被侵犯后, |
[03:15] | I keyed it to you: they might not be clear headed for a long time after. | 我把它交给你:他们可能很久没有明确指导。 |
[03:19] | That wasn’t the way… | 那不是… |
[03:20] | Listen to me. | 听我说。 |
[03:21] | What I am thinking could have happened is after Justin raped you, | 我在想的可能是贾斯汀强奸了你之后, |
[03:25] | you were upset, confuse… | 你很不高兴,迷惑…… |
[03:27] | I was angry. | 我很生气。 |
[03:28] | Exactly. You were angry, not in your right mind. | 确实。你生气了,不在你正确的心中。 |
[03:32] | That’s what you’re trying to say, right? | 这就是你想说的,对吧? |
[03:34] | Is that what you want me to say? | 这就是你想要我说的吗? |
[03:37] | Look, you wanna make me some kind of bad guy, | 看,你想让我成为一个坏人, |
[03:40] | go ahead, I am just trying to help. | 继续,我只是想帮助。 |
[03:43] | You are the one facing murder one. | 你是一个遇到谋杀的人。 |
[03:45] | And as it stands now: you are going down. | 就现在而言:你正在沉沦下去。 |
[03:56] | What’s going on? | 这是怎么回事? |
[04:01] | I have this lesion on my breast. | 我的乳房上有这种病变。 |
[04:03] | What? | 什么? |
[04:04] | It’s not cancer, don’t worry. It’s… | 这不是癌症,不用担心。它的… |
[04:07] | just like kind of a cut. | 就像一种切割。 |
[04:12] | This is so embarrassing to ask you, but.. | 这是很尴尬的问你,但.. |
[04:15] | you have to be totally honest with me okay? | 你必须对我完全诚实,好吗? |
[04:17] | Of course. | 当然。 |
[04:18] | Last week after our date, you were… | 上个星期我们约会之后,你是…… |
[04:22] | you know kind of fooling around in that area… | 你知道在那个地方玩弄一些东西…… |
[04:25] | You let me. | 你让我。 |
[04:25] | I am not saying it wasn’t consensual. I am… | 我并不是说这不是自愿的。我是… |
[04:30] | while you were kissing my… | 当你亲吻我的时候… |
[04:35] | did you bite me? | 你咬我了吗? |
[04:36] | What? | 什么? |
[04:37] | The doctor said… | 医生说… |
[04:38] | Did I bite you? | 我咬你了吗? |
[04:39] | Shhh, not so loud. | 嘘,不那么大声。 |
[04:40] | I didn’t bite you. | 我没有咬你。 |
[04:41] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[04:42] | Of course I am sure. I didn’t bite you. | 当然我确定。我没有咬你。 |
[04:44] | Look, I am not angry if you did. | 你看,我不生气,如果你这样做。 |
[04:46] | I just need to know… | 我只需要知道…… |
[04:47] | I didn’t. Lucy, | 我没有。露西, |
[04:48] | I promise, I never bit you. | 我保证,我从不咬你。 |
[04:51] | Malcolm, you are the only guy that I have been with. | 马尔科姆,你是我一直陪伴的唯一家伙。 |
[04:53] | I didn’t. I swear. | 我没有。我发誓。 |
[04:57] | Well, if you didn’t then… | 那么,如果不是你… |
[05:00] | who did? | 谁干的? |
[05:02] | For some reason I like her, even though she hates me. | 出于某种原因,我喜欢她,尽管她讨厌我。 |
[05:05] | And even though she’s a murderer. | 尽管她是个凶手。 |
[05:07] | She’s a student, no priors. She’s not a bad kid at all. | 她是一名学生,没有先例。她根本不是个坏孩子。 |
[05:10] | How long after the rape did this happened? | 在强奸发生后多久呢? |
[05:12] | She waited an hour. | 她等了一个小时。 |
[05:13] | And she emptied the gun into him. | 然后她用枪放倒他。 |
[05:15] | Seems like revenge to me. | 好像就像报复我一样。 |
[05:16] | What about temporary insanity? | 临时疯狂呢? |
[05:17] | I listed it as a defence but she doesn’t wanna to go that route. | 我把它列为自卫,但她不想走这条路。 |
[05:20] | She said she was in her right mind. | 她说她的头脑很正常。 |
[05:22] | Well she’s not in her right mind if that’s what she wants go with. | 好吧,如果这正是她想要的,那么她并不是她的正确思想。 |
[05:24] | Look, if she won’t cooperate just ask the judge to be let out. | 看,如果她不合作,只要求法官放开。 |
[05:27] | I tried it already. He said no, I am the forth lawyer. | 我已经尝试过了。他说不,我是第四位律师。 |
[05:30] | Why don’t you go rape trauma? | 你为什么不去强奸创伤? |
[05:31] | Bring in a shrink, argue that she was in a dissociate state. | 引起缩小,认为她处于分离状态。 |
[05:34] | I used this Doctor Stalker last week, she was pretty good. | 我上周使用了这位医生潜行者,她非常好。 |
[05:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[05:38] | Just put the rappers on trial do the best you can. | 只要试听说唱歌手尽你所能。 |
[05:40] | Bobby, can I talk to you for a second, it’s important. | 鲍比,我可以跟你谈谈吗,这很重要。 |
[05:44] | Well… | 好… |
[05:45] | Actually, Ellenor, | 其实,埃勒诺, |
[05:48] | I would rather talk to you, please. | 我宁愿和你谈谈。 |
[05:52] | What’s up? | 这是怎么回事? |
[05:55] | Doctor Nettle, the dentist you recommended. | 医生荨麻,你推荐的牙医。 |
[05:57] | Yeah, what about him? | 是的,他呢? |
[05:59] | I think he bit me. | 我想他会咬我。 |
[06:01] | What do you mean you think he bit you? | 你是什么意思,你觉得他有点伤你? |
[06:03] | Yeah, I got this cut on my breast, and it got infected. | 是的,我在我的乳房上得到了这个切口,并且感染了它。 |
[06:07] | My doctor said it’s a human bite. | 我的医生说这是人的咬伤。 |
[06:08] | It wasn’t Malcolm, I asked him. | 这不是马尔科姆,我问他。 |
[06:10] | So it had to be Doctor Nettle, | 所以它必须是荨麻医生, |
[06:12] | he put me out to remove my wisdom teeth on Tuesday. | 他让我在星期二去除我的智齿。 |
[06:15] | You think Doctor Nettle bit you? | 你认为荨麻医生咬伤你? |
[06:18] | Yes. | 是。 |
[06:20] | On your breast? | 在你的乳房? |
[06:21] | I mean there can’t be any other explanation. | 我的意思是没有其他解释。 |
[06:24] | How well do you know this guy? | 你对这个人有多了解? |
[06:26] | He’s Bobby’s cousin. And he recommended him to me, | 他是鲍比的表弟。他推荐他给我, |
[06:29] | we all use him. | 我们都用他。 |
[06:30] | Well I am telling you, he bites. | 那么我告诉你,他咬人。 |
[06:37] | When I got to the apartment | 当我到了公寓 |
[06:38] | she was sitting across from the deceased with a gun in her hand. | 她坐在死者身边,手里拿着一把枪。 |
[06:41] | The defendant. | 被告。 |
[06:42] | Yes. | 是。 |
[06:42] | Did you speak to her? | 你有跟她说话吗? |
[06:43] | Objection! Hearsay. | 反对!传闻。 |
[06:44] | Admission, declaration against interest. | 入场,反兴趣宣言。 |
[06:46] | Overruled. | 否决。 |
[06:47] | What did she say, officer? | 她说了什么,军官? |
[06:49] | She said she shot the guy. | 她说她射杀了那个人。 |
[06:50] | Did she seem lose it? | 她看起来输了吗? |
[06:52] | Objection! Foundation. Calls with opinion. | 反对!基础。打电话与意见。 |
[06:54] | Lay opinion. | 放置意见。 |
[06:55] | Sustained. | 持续。 |
[06:57] | Did she appear clam? | 她看起来像蛤蜊吗? |
[06:58] | Yes, she did. | 是的,她做到了。 |
[06:59] | Did she mention anything about self defence? | 她提到了有关自卫的事吗? |
[07:02] | No, she did not. | 不,她没有。 |
[07:05] | What did Darlene Keating look like physically | Darlene Keating 看起来如何 |
[07:08] | when you went into the apartment? | 当你走进公寓时? |
[07:09] | She was bruised some, blacked eye. | 她被弄伤了,有黑眼睛。 |
[07:12] | Did you know that she had been raped by the deceased? | 你知道她被死者强奸吗? |
[07:14] | At that time, no, I did not. | 那时,不,我没有。 |
[07:16] | You didn’t know that she has been raped? | 你不知道她被强奸了吗? |
[07:18] | No, I didn’t. | 不,我没有。 |
[07:19] | The bruise, the blacked eye, | 瘀伤,变黑的眼睛, |
[07:21] | you didn’t know she got those injuries while being raped. | 你不知道她受到强奸时受伤。 |
[07:23] | The Commonwealth has stipulated that the defendant was raped. | 法庭已经确定被告遭到强奸。 |
[07:25] | Defence counsel doesn’t have to keep saying it over and over. | 辩护律师不必一再反复说。 |
[07:27] | It’s unpleasant to hear it? | 听到它很不愉快? |
[07:29] | Objection! | 反对! |
[07:29] | All right. | 好吧。 |
[07:30] | I don’t mean to make you uncomfortable. | 我不是故意让你觉得不舒服。 |
[07:31] | Mr. Berluti, move along. | 贝卢蒂先生,一起前进。 |
[07:37] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[07:37] | Who else could it be? It had to be him. | 还有谁可能?它必须是他。 |
[07:40] | Has he ever been inappropriate with you? | 他有没有和你不合适? |
[07:42] | Well, not when I am conscious but he does seem a little weird. | 那么,不是当我有意识的时候,但他看起来有点奇怪。 |
[07:46] | This isn’t much evidence. | 这并不是很多证据。 |
[07:47] | Helen, come on, she has a bite mark, | 海伦,来吧,她有咬痕, |
[07:49] | through the process of elimination. | 通过排除法。通过排除法。 |
[07:50] | Are you absolute positive it wasn’t your boyfriend? | 你绝对肯定这不是你的男朋友吗? |
[07:53] | He’s positive, and I believe him. | 他是积极的,我相信他。 |
[07:55] | I go to this dentist too. He does seem a little creepy. | 我也去看牙医。他似乎有点令人毛骨悚然。 |
[07:57] | What is it with you people and doctors? | 你与其它医生有什么关系? |
[07:59] | Don’t start. | 不要开始。 |
[08:00] | Ellenor, your podiatrist hacked off heads; | 埃勒诺,你认识的医生砍别人头了; |
[08:02] | Jimmy’s dentist likes bugs; now you’ve got one that bites. | 吉米的牙医喜欢虫子;现在你已经有一个咬人了。 |
[08:05] | Can you just arrest him before you attack somebody? | 在袭击某人之前你能逮捕他吗? |
[08:06] | I can’t just arrest him, I haven’t got any evidence. | 我不能逮捕他,我没有任何证据。 |
[08:09] | It has to be him. | 它必须是他。 |
[08:10] | You can issue a subpoena; you can get his file; | 你可以发出传票;你可以得到他的文件; |
[08:12] | you can interview his other patients. | 你可以采访他的其他病人。 |
[08:14] | If he bit Lucy, the chances are he nibbled on somebody else. | 如果他咬了露西,那么他有可能啃别人的东西。 |
[08:20] | Her name is Doctor Diane Starger. | 她的名字是黛安斯杰格医生。 |
[08:22] | You need to be completely open with her. | 你需要完全向她打开心菲。 |
[08:24] | Why? So she can say I am insane? | 为什么?所以她可以说我疯了吗? |
[08:26] | Look, Darlene, you think this is some stupid game, fine. | Darlene,你认为这是一场愚蠢的比赛,很好。 |
[08:29] | Let’s call it that. But this is how the game workes. | 我们称之为。但这就是游戏的工作原理。 |
[08:31] | Talk to me like I am five, | 像我五岁那样和我说话, |
[08:33] | and I will fire you like I fired the rest of them. | 我会解雇你,就像我解雇了其他人一样。 |
[08:34] | Go ahead. I’d like to be able to tell my client I win my cases. | 算了吧。我希望能够告诉我的客户我赢了我的案子。 |
[08:37] | This one here is gonna hurt my record. | 这一个会伤害我的纪录。 |
[08:39] | I’d be happy to let some other lawyer come in and take the lost. | 我很乐意让其他律师进来带走迷路者。 |
[08:42] | My problem is the judge won’t let that happen. | 我的问题是法官不会让这种事情发生。 |
[08:44] | So why don’t you just listen to what I am gonna say | 那么,为什么你不听我说的话 |
[08:47] | before you reject it on account of you’ve been smarter than me. | 在你认为你比我聪明而拒绝之前。 |
[08:54] | The jury, at least a few of them, | 陪审团,至少其中一些人, |
[08:57] | would love to set you free. | 很想让你自由。 |
[08:59] | You were raped. The guy had it coming; | 你被强奸了。这家伙来了, |
[09:02] | some of those jurors are glad even that you shot him. | 有些陪审员甚至对你开枪也很高兴。 |
[09:04] | But they still need a legal reason to say not guilty. | 但他们仍然需要一个合法的理由说无罪。 |
[09:09] | Revenge isn’t it. Temporary insanity is. | 复仇不是理由。暂时性的疯狂才是。 |
[09:14] | To get to temporary insanity I need a doctor. | 为了得到暂时性的疯狂,我需要一位医生。 |
[09:17] | To get a doctor I need you to meet with one. | 为了找医生,我需要你与其中一位见面。 |
[09:33] | Alan. | 艾伦。 |
[09:34] | Bobby, I think I am in some kind of trouble. | 鲍比,我觉得我遇到了一些麻烦。 |
[09:36] | Trouble how? | 麻烦如何? |
[09:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[09:38] | I just got a subpoena to turn over my list of patients and addresses. | 我刚收到一封传票,要求转交我的病人和地址清单。 |
[09:41] | Can they do that? Do I have to give them my patient list? | 他们能做到吗?我必须给他们我的病人名单吗? |
[09:43] | That’s privileged, isn’t it? | 这是特权,不是吗? |
[09:45] | Actually no. Did they say why they want it? | 其实没有。他们说他们为什么要这么做吗? |
[09:47] | No. Here is the subpoena. | 不,这是传票。 |
[09:48] | Hello, Lindsay. | 林赛,你好。 |
[09:49] | Hi. | 你好。 |
[09:51] | Seems legitimate. | 看起来合法。 |
[09:52] | Could it be taxes? I paid my taxes. Could it be taxes? | 它可以是税吗?我付了税。它可以是税吗? |
[09:55] | Taxes would be a federal warrant. | 税将是一份联邦令。 |
[10:02] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[10:03] | The police have subpoenaed my file. | 警方已经传唤了我的档案。 |
[10:05] | Hey, you wanna know why? | 嘿,你想知道为什么吗? |
[10:06] | Lucy. | 露西。 |
[10:06] | -I know why. -Lucy. | -我知道为什么。 -Lucy。 |
[10:07] | What’s going on? | 这是怎么回事? |
[10:07] | Hold on. I don’t think anybody should say anything here. | 等一下。我不认为这里有人应该说什么。 |
[10:09] | What’s going on? | 这是怎么回事? |
[10:10] | We have a situation. | 我们有一种情况。 |
[10:11] | What kind of situation? | 什么样的情况? |
[10:13] | He bit me; that’s the situation. | 他咬我;这就是情况。 |
[10:16] | Well you think I don’t know? | 那么你认为我不知道? |
[10:18] | I got infected, you bastard. | 我被感染了,你这个混蛋。 |
[10:19] | What the hell is going on? | 这到底是怎么回事? |
[10:20] | I got bite mark on my breast, and the doctor said it is human. | 我的乳房上有咬痕,医生说这是人为的。 |
[10:23] | He put me under for my wisdom teeth on Tuesday. | 他在周二把我的智齿放在我的头上。 |
[10:26] | He’s the one that bit me. | 他是那个咬我的人。 |
[10:27] | I know it and so do the police. | 我知道,警察也是。 |
[10:30] | Alan. | 艾伦。 |
[10:34] | Alan. | 艾伦。 |
[10:47] | I am so ashamed. | 我很惭愧。 |
[10:48] | I can’t even bring myself to look at you. | 我甚至无法让自己看着你。 |
[10:51] | You bit my assistant. | 你咬我的助手。 |
[10:53] | I…just giving her a little kiss, I… | 我……给她一个小吻,我…… |
[10:56] | I certainly never meant to breaks can I… | 我当然从来没有打算休息,我可以… |
[10:59] | I can’t believe I did. | 我不相信我做到了。 |
[11:02] | Bobby, I know I need help, | 鲍比,我知道我需要帮助, |
[11:06] | I am getting help. | 我正在寻求帮助。 |
[11:08] | I have a sickness. | 我有一种疾病。 |
[11:13] | But | 但 |
[11:15] | I can’t have a criminal record. | 我不能有犯罪记录。 |
[11:20] | I can’t have… | 我不能… |
[11:21] | my god. | 天哪。 |
[11:23] | Alan, how many women are we talking about here? | 艾伦,我们在这里谈论了多少女人? |
[11:27] | Fondling very many. | 爱抚很多。 |
[11:32] | Times where I have lifted up a blouse | 我举起衬衫的时间 |
[11:37] | and peeked under it and… | 并在它下面窥视并…… |
[11:41] | Bitten. | 咬伤。 |
[11:43] | Very few. | 很少。 |
[11:46] | Please help me. | 请帮帮我。 |
[11:48] | We need to work this out. | 我们需要解决这个问题。 |
[12:00] | I don’t know what you expect me to do. | 我不知道你期望我做什么。 |
[12:02] | Just… you said it could be raped trauma… | 只是……你说这可能是被强奸的创伤…… |
[12:04] | Yes, it could be. But she would barely talk to me. | 是的,它可能是。但她几乎不会跟我说话。 |
[12:06] | She doesn’t trust us. | 她不信任我们。 |
[12:07] | Look, if I get on that witness stand based on a 30 minutes’ conversation, | 看,如果我在30分钟的谈话基础上接触到这个证人席, |
[12:10] | the district attorney is gonna faly me, you know that. | 地区检察官会让我失望,你知道的。 |
[12:12] | In which case I am no worst of than I am now. | 在这种情况下,我不会比现在更糟糕。 |
[12:15] | I don’t think I can help you, Mr. Berluti. | 伯鲁蒂先生,我认为我不能帮你。 |
[12:17] | Look, you don’t wanna be here, neither do I. | 看,你不想在这里,我也不想在这里。 |
[12:23] | But this woman is a victim herself. | 但这个女人本身就是受害者。 |
[12:26] | I got a feeling about her. | 我对她有一种感觉。 |
[12:28] | She needs somebody to fight for her. | 她需要有人为她而战。 |
[12:30] | I can’t conclude rape trauma. | 我不能断定强奸创伤。 |
[12:31] | If you say it could possibly be rape trauma, | 如果你说它可能是强奸创伤, |
[12:34] | get in the standard, I will take it from there. | 进入标准,我会从那里拿走它。 |
[12:37] | On Rebecca’s case you talked about flash backs. | 在丽贝卡的情况下,你谈到了闪回。 |
[12:40] | I read where rape trauma can cause flash backs too. | 我读了强奸创伤在哪里也可能引起倒叙。 |
[12:43] | Maybe you can get something in on that; that could be good. | 也许你可以从中得到一些东西;这可能是好的。 |
[12:51] | You’re gonna represent him? | 你会代表他? |
[12:52] | I don’t know. I…I am thinking… | 我不知道。我……我在想…… |
[12:53] | What do you mean you don’t know? You either are, or you not. | 你是什么意思,你不知道?你要么是或者不是。 |
[12:55] | Ellenor, can I finish? | Ellenor,我能完成吗? |
[12:59] | Without in fact confirming that he bit you… | 事实上没有证实他咬你。 |
[13:01] | -What’s that supposed to mean? -Oh my god. You are his lawyer. | -那是什么意思? -哦,我的上帝。你是他的律师。 |
[13:03] | Bobby. | 鲍比。 |
[13:03] | Hey. Lucy, he’s my cousin. | 嘿。露西,他是我的表弟。 |
[13:04] | How can you defend him? | 你怎么能捍卫他? |
[13:06] | All right. Lucy and Lucy alone in the conference room. | 好吧。露西和露西一个人在会议室里。 |
[13:08] | No, you don’t. I am not gonna taking advantage of her. | 不,你没有。我不会利用她。 |
[13:10] | I don’t care of you and your sicko cousin… | 我不在乎你和你的表兄弟…… |
[13:12] | I don’t take advantage of her. | 我不利用她。 |
[13:13] | -Bobby, I don’t think this is a good idea. -You shouldn’t be representing him. | -Bobby,我认为这不是一个好主意。 – 你不应该代表他。 |
[13:15] | Lucy, I am so sorry… | 露西,我很抱歉… |
[13:17] | All right, quiet. | 好,安静。 |
[13:18] | Don’t you be saying anything, back in my office now. | 你不说什么,现在回到我的办公室。 |
[13:22] | How can you do this? | 你怎么能这样做? |
[13:23] | Bobby, you can’t represent him. | 鲍比,你不能代表他。 |
[13:26] | We stick together in this office, Bobby, | 我们坚持在这个办公室,鲍比, |
[13:28] | if he molested Lucy… | 如果他猥亵露西…… |
[13:30] | You think it’s in Lucy’s interest to go to a trail on this? | 你认为这是在露西有兴趣去追踪这个? |
[13:32] | Look, you can’t advise her if you’re his attorney. | 看,你不能告诉她你是否是他的律师。 |
[13:35] | Bobby, my office. | 博比,我的办公室。 |
[13:36] | Eugene. | 尤金。 |
[13:37] | Now. | 现在。 |
[13:45] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么? |
[13:47] | We can get double waivers, we… | 我们可以得到双倍的豁免,我们… |
[13:50] | He’s my cousin, he needs help. | 他是我的表弟,他需要帮助。 |
[13:53] | What about Lucy? | 露西呢? |
[13:54] | I am thinking of her too. | 我也在想她。 |
[13:55] | Both sides are served by keeping this out of court. | 双方都是在场外进行的。 |
[13:58] | He bit her while she was unconscious. | 当她昏迷时,他咬住了她。 |
[14:00] | If this is prosecuted, of course I won’t defend him. | 如果这被起诉,我当然不会为他辩护。 |
[14:03] | But whoever does will be attacking Lucy. | 但无论谁做什么都会攻击露西。 |
[14:05] | She would be the chief prosecutorial witness. | 她将是首席检察官证人。 |
[14:07] | It’s in everybody’s interest to make this go away. | 让这个消失是每个人的利益。 |
[14:11] | Well, it could be too late for that. | 那么,这可能为时已晚。 |
[14:13] | Helen is interrogating patients. | 海伦在审问病人。 |
[14:16] | I just can’t turn my back on the guy. | 我无法拒绝这个家伙。 |
[14:19] | You and Ellenor represent Lucy. Make sure she’s protected. | 你和艾伦代表露西。确保她受到保护。 |
[14:23] | Yeah, we’ll do what we will to protect her. | 是的,我们会尽力保护她。 |
[14:26] | And you won’t get any special treatment. | 你不会得到任何特殊的待遇。 |
[14:27] | I am not asking for any. | 我没有要求任何。 |
[14:30] | Let’s just get in the room. | 让我们进入法庭。 |
[14:36] | I am saying it’s possible that she was suffering from rape trauma syndrome. | 我说她有可能患有强奸创伤综合症。 |
[14:40] | Rape trauma syndrome, could you explain that? | 强奸创伤综合症,你能解释一下吗? |
[14:43] | It’s an emotional psychological reaction to the experience of having been raped. | 对遭受强奸的经历是一种情绪上的心理反应。 |
[14:48] | The patient can actually going to a dissociate state. | 病人实际上可以进入游离状态。 |
[14:51] | What’s that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[14:52] | It means she wouldn’t know what she was doing. | 这意味着她不知道她在做什么。 |
[14:54] | So she maybe didn’t know what she was doing | 所以她可能不知道她在做什么 |
[14:58] | when she got the gun and shot Mr. Fitzpatrick? | 当她拿到枪并射击了菲茨帕特里克先生? |
[15:00] | Well, we no longer look at memory in terms of short-term and long-term. | 那么,我们不再看短期和长期的记忆。 |
[15:05] | We now realize there is procedural memory | 我们现在认识到有程序上的记忆 |
[15:08] | which is where in our minds we process how to do things. | 这是我们思考的过程,我们处理如何做事。 |
[15:12] | And then there is the semantic memory which provides the why | 然后是提供原因的语义记忆 |
[15:16] | Now in the case of Ms. Keating, | 现在以基廷女士为例, |
[15:18] | it’s possible that she was procedurally able to obtain a weapon and use it, | 她有可能在程序上能够获得武器并使用它, |
[15:23] | but the ability to process that action | 但能够处理该行为 |
[15:26] | within the contest of understanding right and wrong simply wasn’t there. | 在理解正确与错误的比赛中根本不存在。 |
[15:30] | She acted out of instinct, out of fear. | 出于恐惧,她出于本能。 |
[15:34] | Fear? If she was afraid of Mr. Fitzpatrick, | 恐惧?如果她害怕菲茨帕特里克先生, |
[15:37] | why did she go to his apartment alone? | 她为什么一个人去他的公寓? |
[15:40] | Well sometimes when a person is in a state of being paralyzed by fear, | 有时候,当一个人处于由恐惧瘫痪的状态时, |
[15:44] | they reacted in what is known as a counterphobic fashion. | 他们以所谓的反恐方式作出反应。 |
[15:47] | I am a little lost. | 我有点迷惑。 |
[15:49] | When she was face to face with her attacker once again | 当她与她的攻击者再次面对面时 |
[15:52] | it caused a series of flash backs. | 它引起了一系列闪回。 |
[15:54] | And if she was once again in the moment of her rape. | 如果她在强奸的那一刻再次出现。 |
[15:58] | then she may have once again been afraid for her life. | 那么她可能再一次害怕她的生活。 |
[16:01] | And in that fear she reacted in the only way | 在这种恐惧中,她以唯一的方式作出反应 |
[16:03] | that she perceived to be available to her at the time. | 她当时认为她可以使用她。 |
[16:06] | She shot him | 她开枪了 |
[16:08] | You don’t know Ms. Keating suffered from rape trauma syndrome, do you, Doctor? | 你不知道基廷女士患有强奸创伤综合症,你呢,医生? |
[16:13] | To a medical certainty? No, I can’t say that. | 为了医疗的确定性?不,我不能这么说。 |
[16:16] | How long have you been treating her? | 你对她有多久了? |
[16:18] | I’ve only have one interview. | 我只有一次面试。 |
[16:19] | When was that? | 那是什么时候? |
[16:20] | That was this morning. | 那是今天早上。 |
[16:21] | About an hour ago? | 大约一小时前? |
[16:23] | Yes. | 是。 |
[16:23] | How many rape victims have you worked with? | 你曾与多少强奸受害者合作过? |
[16:26] | Hundreds. | 数百人。 |
[16:26] | How many of them have killed their attackers other than Ms. Keating? | 基廷女士以外有多少人杀死了他们的袭击者? |
[16:30] | None. | 没有。 |
[16:32] | You testified Ms. Keating could have been in a disassociate state | 你作证基廷女士可能处于分裂状态 |
[16:36] | when she shot and killed Justin Fitzpatrick, | 当她开枪打死贾斯汀菲茨帕特里克时, |
[16:39] | isn’t it also possible that this could have been an act of vengeance? | 这也可能是一种复仇行为吗? |
[16:44] | That’s possible. | 这是可能的。 |
[17:01] | You have to testify. | 你必须作证。 |
[17:04] | Obviously things aren’t going great here. | 很明显,这里的情况并不乐观。 |
[17:08] | So what do you want me to do? | 那么你想让我做什么? |
[17:09] | Act insane up there? | 在那里疯狂行事? |
[17:12] | Talk to my dead mother, would that be good? | 跟我死去的妈妈说话,那会好吗? |
[17:17] | Your only chance here is to trust me, | 你唯一的机会就是相信我, |
[17:20] | if you can’t give me that… | 如果你不能给我…… |
[17:25] | Why do you care? | 你为什么在乎? |
[17:27] | That’s one I can’t answer. | 这是我无法回答的。 |
[17:30] | You need to act sorry. | 你需要表示歉意。 |
[17:34] | I don’t like coaching witnesses | 我不喜欢训练证人 |
[17:35] | but it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if you cry a little. | 但如果你哭一下,这不会是世界上最糟糕的事情。 |
[17:39] | Under the law, Darlene, you are guilty of the crime. | 根据法律,Darlene,你犯了罪。 |
[17:42] | That doesn’t mean it’s over. | 这并不意味着它结束了。 |
[17:44] | Juries have been known to look the other way on occasion. | 陪审团有时会看到另一种方式。 |
[17:47] | But they gotta want to. | 但他们想要。 |
[17:49] | If you could cry, it wouldn’t hurt. | 如果你可以哭,它不会有伤害。 |
[17:58] | How many does that make? | 这有多少? |
[18:04] | Okay, thanks, Mike. | 好的,谢谢,迈克。 |
[18:06] | Well, 17 women patients were interviewed, | 那么,有17位女性患者接受了采访, |
[18:08] | none reported any misconduct. | 没有人报告过任何不当行为。 |
[18:10] | How many patients did he put under? | 他访问了多少病人? |
[18:11] | Some. Police aren’t dropping investigation, | 一些。警方不放弃调查, |
[18:14] | but so far Lucy is all we got. Looks tough. | 但到目前为止,露西是我们所有的。看起来很艰难。 |
[18:17] | All right. | 好吧。 |
[18:20] | I was coming home from class, must been around ten at night. | 我从课堂回家,晚上十点左右。 |
[18:23] | When I got in my building I saw Justin on the stoep. | 当我进入我的大楼时,我看到贾斯汀在酒吧里。 |
[18:25] | You knew Justin Fitzpatrick? | 你认只 贾斯汀菲茨帕特里克? |
[18:27] | I’ve been hassled by him; he lived in my building. | 我受过他的困扰;他住在我的大楼里。 |
[18:30] | Did you notice anything unusual about him at this night? | 今晚你有没有注意到他有什么不寻常的事情? |
[18:33] | He smelt of alcohol, other than that… | 闻到他有酒精味,除此之外…… |
[18:35] | Tell the court what happened. | 告诉法庭发生了什么事。 |
[18:37] | I just tried to get by him. | 我只是绕过他。 |
[18:42] | But as I went passed, he grabbed my ankle, | 但当我走过时,他抓住了我的脚踝, |
[18:44] | asked me if I thought I was too good for him. | 问我是否认为我对他太好了。 |
[18:46] | What did you do? | 你做了什么? |
[18:47] | I told him to let go, he didn’t. | 我告诉他放手,他没有。 |
[18:49] | So I kicked at him and I hit his chin. | 所以我踢了他一下,然后打了他的下巴。 |
[18:51] | He let go them, coz I guess I hurt him. He was swirling and all. | 他松开手,因为我想我伤害了他。他一直在旋转。 |
[18:56] | I got to the door and unlocked it, | 我走到门口并锁门, |
[18:57] | I got in before ** and then I tried to close the door behind me | 我在他追上之前就入了门,然后我试图关闭我身后的门 |
[18:59] | but I wouldn’t close fast enough. | 但我不够快。 |
[19:01] | What happened next? | 接下来发生了什么? |
[19:02] | He forced his way in, started to yell at me to apologize. | 他撞开门,开始对我大声道歉。 |
[19:06] | Were you scared? | 你害怕吗? |
[19:08] | Yeah. I mean, he’s got like a hundred pounds on me or something. | 是啊。我的意思是,他在我身上有一百磅的重量。 |
[19:13] | Anyway, I told him to leave me alone again. | 无论如何,我告诉他让我再次离开我。 |
[19:16] | That’s when he grabbed me and said he’d leave me alone, all right? | 那时他抓住我说他会离开,好吗? |
[19:18] | I tried to hit him with my book. | 我试图用我的书打他。 |
[19:20] | But he grabbed it out of my hand | 但他从我手中抓住了它 |
[19:21] | and said he’d show me what was like to be hit. | 并表示他会告诉我什么样的被击中。 |
[19:24] | And… | 和… |
[19:27] | he started hitting me in the face with the book. | 他开始用这本书击打我的脸。 |
[19:32] | I could taste blood in my mouth, | 在我的嘴里尝到鲜血, |
[19:35] | like a metal taste. | 像金属味。 |
[19:37] | And then I must have passed out. | 然后我就昏迷过去。 |
[19:40] | Coz the next thing I remember was dark. | 因为我记得下一件事是黑暗的。 |
[19:42] | And he was… | 他是…… |
[19:48] | he was on top of me, | 他在我之上, |
[19:52] | inside me. | 插入我的身体。 |
[19:56] | Raping you? | 强奸你? |
[19:56] | Yes. | 是。 |
[19:59] | I screamed, but he just hit me again. No one came. | 我尖叫着,但他又打了我一次。没有人来。 |
[20:05] | I found out later we were down in the boiler room. | 后来我发现我们在锅炉房里。 |
[20:09] | He just kept pushing himself, | 他只是不断推动自己, |
[20:12] | and pushing, | 并推动, |
[20:15] | and pushing… | 并推动… |
[20:19] | And when he was done he just stood up and said… | 当他完成时,他站起来说: |
[20:25] | he said it wasn’t a bad lay. | 他说这不是一个糟糕的习惯。 |
[20:28] | Did he say anything else? | 他有没有说别的吗? |
[20:30] | Yeah. | 是啊。 |
[20:31] | He said if I wanted some more, he was just upstairs. | 他说,如果我想要更多,他只是在楼上。 |
[20:34] | Did you feel threatened when he said that? | 当他这样说时,你感觉到了威胁吗? |
[20:36] | Yeah, it was like he was saying he could do it anytime, you know. | 是的,就像他说他可以随时做,你知道。 |
[20:40] | What did you do then? | 那你做了什么? |
[20:43] | I don’t… | 我不… |
[20:48] | it was kind of hazy like I was dreaming or something. | 这是一种朦胧,就像我在做梦或什么。 |
[20:50] | Best you can remember. | 最好记住。 |
[20:52] | I cleaned my face, changed. | 我清理了我的脸,改变了。 |
[20:55] | Why didn’t you call the police? | 你为什么不报警? |
[20:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[20:57] | Why didn’t you go to the hospital? | 你为什么不去医院? |
[20:58] | I don’t know. I just… | 我不知道。我只是… |
[21:01] | all I could think… | 我所能想到的… |
[21:06] | I was going to my grandma’s, | 我正要去奶奶处, |
[21:08] | and I didn’t want her to see me on my stuff to know I’ve been… | 我不想让她看到我的东西,知道我已经… |
[21:11] | How come? | 怎么来的? |
[21:13] | Coz she practically raised me. | 因为她实际上抚养了我。 |
[21:16] | Wouldn’t she wanna help you? | 她不想帮你吗? |
[21:18] | I guess, I don’t know. | 我猜,我不知道。 |
[21:22] | She raised me to be a good catholic, a good person. | 她提出我是一个好天主教徒,一个好人。 |
[21:25] | And good person aren’t crime victims? | 好人不是犯罪受害者? |
[21:27] | Not like this. | 不是这样的。 |
[21:30] | So what did you do? | 那么你做了些什么? |
[21:32] | After I cleaned myself, | 我清洗自己后, |
[21:38] | I sat on my bed, | 我坐在我的床上, |
[21:41] | maybe for half an hour or so. | 也许半个小时左右。 |
[21:45] | Then I got my gun. | 然后我拿到了我的枪。 |
[21:47] | I keep it in a night stand. | 我打开夜灯。 |
[21:49] | And I went upstairs to his apartment. | 我上楼去他的公寓。 |
[21:52] | I knocked on the door, no one answered, so I knocked again, | 我敲了敲门,没有人回答,所以我再次敲门, |
[21:56] | then it opened. | 然后它打开。 |
[21:59] | And he was standing there, | 他站在那里, |
[22:00] | I pointed the gun and he went to back up. | 我用枪指着他,他退回去了。 |
[22:03] | I think he was saying no, no, no. | 我想他是在说不,不,不。 |
[22:06] | And I started shooting. | 我开始射向他。 |
[22:10] | He fell to the ground and I kept shooting till there weren’t any more bullets. | 他倒在地上,我一直在射击,直到没有子弹为止。 |
[22:15] | I think I pulled the trigger a few times after that. | 我在那之后继续扣了几次扳机。 |
[22:30] | I have $85.000 in equity in my home | 我家有85,000美元的股本 |
[22:33] | as soon as I can refund that, the money is yours. | 只要我可以退款,这笔钱就是你的。 |
[22:36] | That’s cheap. The jury will hit you a lot harder than that. | 那很便宜。陪审团将比你更加困难。 |
[22:39] | Present date value, legal fees, | 当前日期价值,法律费用, |
[22:41] | $85,000 cash ** with a $300.000 verdict, Eugene. | 85,000美元的现金,300,000美元的裁决,尤金。 |
[22:45] | Wow, so he just get off? | 哇,所以他刚刚下车? |
[22:47] | And I don’t mean that like a pun, you pervert. | 我不是说这个双关语,你变态。 |
[22:49] | Lucy, I am already in treatment. | 露西,我已经在治疗了。 |
[22:52] | If I could just find the words to conveyed my remorse… | 如果我能找到能够表达悔恨的话…… |
[22:56] | Well I’d say bite me, but you’ve already done that. | 那么我会说咬我,但你已经做到了。 |
[22:58] | All right. | 好吧。 |
[22:59] | What assurance do we have | 我们有什么保证 |
[23:00] | that he’s not gonna continue doing this to his other patients? | 他不会继续这样对其他病人? |
[23:02] | Well, that really isn’t the concern… | 那么,这真的不是问题…… |
[23:04] | We are making it our concern. | 我们正在关注它。 |
[23:06] | He’s already agreed to have a hygienist | 他已经同意有一名卫生员 |
[23:08] | or a female assistance in the room with him | 或与他在房间里的女性协助 |
[23:10] | all the time during any procedure… | 任何程序中的所有时间… |
[23:12] | How is that enforceable? | 这是如何强制执行的?这是怎么实施的? |
[23:15] | Okay, this is how it’s gonna be: | 好吧,这将是如何: |
[23:17] | You sign a statement which amounts to a full confession. | 你签署了一份完全供认的声明。 |
[23:19] | I’ll keep it in my desk drawer. | 我会把它放在我的书桌抽屉里。 |
[23:21] | You agree not to put patients under. | 你同意不把病人置于其下。 |
[23:23] | If any want an anesthesia, you send them to another dentist. | 如果有人想要麻醉,可以将他们送到另一位牙医处。 |
[23:26] | You’d also agree to random reviews of your records | 您还要同意随机审核您的记录 |
[23:28] | and interviews with you employees | 并与你的员工面谈 |
[23:30] | to make sure no patients are being put under. | 确保没有患者被置于其中。 |
[23:32] | If you violate the terms, we go to the DA with the confession. | 如果您违反了条款,我们会把认罪声明交给地方检察官。 |
[23:36] | That seems a little extreme. | 这似乎有点极端。 |
[23:37] | Only way It’s gonna be, Bobby, if Lucy agrees. | 只有露西会同意,鲍比才会这样。 |
[23:41] | We still have to talk it over with her. | 我们仍然必须和她谈谈。 |
[23:44] | Why don’t you go discuss with your cousin? | 你为什么不和你的表弟讨论? |
[24:06] | If this goes to trial, | 如果这个试验, |
[24:08] | I don’t see it’s gonna get him a conviction. | 我不认为这会让他有信心。 |
[24:09] | You were unconscious, reasonable doubts are gammy. | 你是无意识的,合理的怀疑是诡异的。 |
[24:13] | Plus you would be the one they put on trial. | 另外你会是他们试用的那个。 |
[24:15] | Bobby said he’d passed it off, | 鲍比说他已经放弃了, |
[24:16] | but whatever defence attorney he gets, | 但无论他获得的辩护律师, |
[24:17] | he’s gonna have to go after you, your sex life… | 他将不得不追求你,你的性生活…… |
[24:20] | I am not afraid. | 我不害怕。 |
[24:21] | I know you are not, | 我知道你不是, |
[24:22] | but I take these conditions plus $85,000. | 但我将这些条件加上85,000美元。 |
[24:26] | I am sure you could use the money, Lucy. | 我相信你可以用这笔钱,露西。 |
[24:29] | I don’t know, Bobby, | 我不知道,鲍比, |
[24:32] | it feels like a ** | 它感觉像一个** |
[24:34] | Alan, to avoid criminal prosecution you should be jumping. | 艾伦,为了避免刑事起诉,你应该跳楼。 |
[24:37] | Don’t even hesitate here. | 不要犹豫在这里。 |
[24:39] | Thank you for standing by me, Bobby, for defending me. | 谢谢你支持我,鲍比,为我辩护。 |
[24:43] | I am not defending what you did, | 我不是在捍卫你所做的事, |
[24:45] | I am helping a sick relative, that’s the way I look at it. | 我正在帮助生病的亲戚,这就是我看待它的方式。 |
[24:49] | And if you don’t get treatment and you continue with this, | 如果你没有得到治疗,你继续这样做, |
[24:51] | I’ll personally recommend criminal prosecution. | 我会亲自推荐刑事检控。 |
[24:55] | Those are my terms. | 这些是我的条款。 |
[25:02] | After the rape, you didn’t call the police, | 强奸后,你没有打电话给警察, |
[25:04] | you didn’t go to the hospital? | 你没有去医院? |
[25:05] | That’s right. | 那就对了。 |
[25:06] | You decided you wanna keep it to yourself? | 你决定要保留自己? |
[25:08] | I don’t wanna live the rest of my life as a rape victim | 我不想在我的余生中成为强奸受害者 |
[25:10] | having people treat me different. | 有人对我有看法。 |
[25:12] | So you decided to get a gun and shot him | 所以你决定拿枪,然后开枪 |
[25:13] | so that people wouldn’t treat you different. | 这样人们就不会对你有不同的看法。 |
[25:15] | Objection! Argumentative. | 反对!有议论。 |
[25:16] | Sustained. | 持续。 |
[25:18] | You cleaned up first, | 你先清理一下, |
[25:20] | you sat on you bed for a half hour, | 你坐在你的床上半个小时, |
[25:22] | then you got the gun. | 那么你拿到了枪。 |
[25:24] | Yes. | 是。 |
[25:24] | You walked up three flights stairs. | 你走了三层台阶。 |
[25:26] | Yes. | 是。 |
[25:26] | Knocked on the door, when he opened it, you shot him. | 敲门时,当他打开它时,你射击了他。 |
[25:28] | Yes | 是 |
[25:29] | And he didn’t have a weapon when you shot him. | 当你射击他时他没有武器。 |
[25:31] | No. | 没有。 |
[25:31] | And as you testified he was backing up when you opened fire. | 正如你所见证的那样,当你开火时,他正在后退。 |
[25:34] | Yes. | 是。 |
[25:37] | You seem sure, it happened exactly like this. | 你似乎很确定,它发生的确如此。 |
[25:40] | Yes, | 是, |
[25:40] | You’re completely clear. | 你完全清楚。 |
[25:42] | Yes. | 是。 |
[25:42] | Your memory couldn’t be a little fussy. | 你的记忆不会有点模糊? |
[25:43] | It happened exactly like I said. | 它恰好就像我说的那样。 |
[25:45] | But before you said that it was hazy like a dream. | 但在你说它像梦一样朦胧之前。 |
[25:48] | Is your recollection clear or hazy? | 你的回忆是清晰的还是朦胧的? |
[25:50] | It’s clear. | 很明显。 |
[25:51] | Why did you say it was hazy if it’s clear? | 为什么你说它很模糊? |
[25:54] | Should I ask again? | 我应该再问一次吗? |
[25:57] | Why did you say it’s hazy if your memory is clear? | 如果你的记忆清晰,你为什么说这很模糊? |
[26:02] | Because my lawyer thinks I have a better chance of being acquitted if I… | 因为我的律师认为我有更好的机会被判无罪…… |
[26:04] | Objection! | 反对! |
[26:05] | Have you been coached by your lawyer… | 你有没有被你的律师诱导过…… |
[26:06] | Objection! This is work product. | 反对!这是工作部分。 |
[26:07] | I am entitled to explore whether the witness has been coached. | 我有权探讨证人是否被诱导过。 |
[26:09] | Objection! Move to strike. | 反对!*** |
[26:11] | All right, quiet. | 好,安静。 |
[26:12] | I think I will ask a few questions. | 我想我会问几个问题。 |
[26:14] | Ms. Keating, did your attorney instruct you to give untruthful answers? | 基廷女士,你的律师是否指示你提供不真实的答案? |
[26:23] | Yes. | 是。 |
[26:24] | Your Honour, this… | 法官阁下,这个…… |
[26:24] | Mr. Berluti, sit down. | 贝鲁蒂先生,请坐下。 |
[26:26] | He told me to cry. | 他让我哭了。 |
[26:28] | He told me to get appear and say how sorry I am. | 他告诉我要出现并说出我的遗憾。 |
[26:30] | Well I am not sorry. | 那么我并不后悔。 |
[26:32] | Your Honour. | 法官阁下。 |
[26:32] | I wanna give my testimony. I want my day in court. | 我想给我的见证。我想在法庭上度过我的一天。 |
[26:35] | He raped me. | 他强奸了我。 |
[26:37] | And I am not sorry for killing him. | 我并不后悔杀死他。 |
[26:41] | And if he were suddenly made alive today, | 如果他今天突然活了下来, |
[26:43] | I would go looking for my gun so I could kill him again. | 我会去找我的枪,所以我可以再次杀了他。 |
[26:47] | I only wish he’d suffered more. | 我只希望他受到更多的伤害。 |
[26:50] | I put him out of his misery too fast. | 我让他摆脱苦难的速度太快了。 |
[26:52] | And that is all I am sorry about. That is my testimony. | 这就是所有我很抱歉的。这是我的见证。 |
[27:08] | You don’t want the jury to feel sorry for you? | 你不希望陪审团为你感到难过? |
[27:10] | Good. I don’t neither. | 好。我也不是。 |
[27:11] | Get ready for prison, Darlene. | 准备进入监狱,Darlene。 |
[27:13] | Get out of my face. | 从我面前消失。 |
[27:14] | You’re gonna do life. | 你会去做生活。 |
[27:16] | The rest of your life coz you don’t wanna act for pity. | 你生命中的其余部分因为你不想为怜悯而行动。 |
[27:18] | Damn right. | 该死的,太他妈正确了。 |
[27:19] | Well I can’t help you… | 那么我不能帮你… |
[27:20] | I don’t want your help. | 我不想要你的帮助。 |
[27:22] | Why don’t you cry? | 你为什么不哭? |
[27:26] | I hurt your win-lost record. Why don’t you go cry? | 我伤害了你输的胜利纪录。你为什么不哭? |
[27:29] | You put a psychiatrist up there to talk about me. | 你让精神科医生在那里谈论我。 |
[27:32] | She doesn’t know me and neither do you. You don’t know the first thing. | 她不认识我,也不认识你。你不知道第一件事。 |
[27:37] | I’ve been feeling bad for you, but you just don’t get it. | 我一直对你感觉不好,但你不明白。 |
[27:41] | I am done feeling bad for you. | 我对你感觉不好。 |
[27:43] | Good, beat it. | 好,打败它。 |
[27:59] | You did everything you could, Jimmy. | 吉米,你做了你所能做的一切。 |
[28:00] | She’s a good person, I know it, | 她是个好人,我知道, |
[28:03] | never committed a crime in her life before this. | 在此之前从未犯过她的生活中的罪行。 |
[28:06] | The DA won’t give you manslaughter? | DA不会让你误杀? |
[28:07] | Not at this point. | 不是在这一点上。 |
[28:09] | That’s why I hate court appointments, they’re never grateful. | 这就是为什么我讨厌法庭任命,他们从不感激。 |
[28:14] | Good day at court? | 美好的一天在法庭上? |
[28:15] | Bobby, I am giving you my two weeks. | 鲍比,我给你我两周的时间。 |
[28:18] | What? | 什么? |
[28:18] | I think I need to quit. | 我想我需要退出。 |
[28:20] | -Come in my office. -No. | – 在我的办公室里。 -没有。 |
[28:24] | No, I am not going in there for one of your pep talks. | 不,我不会在那里为你的一个pep会谈。 |
[28:28] | I go for actions over words. | 我会用言语去行动。 |
[28:29] | He’s a family, Lucy. | 他有一个家庭,露西。 |
[28:31] | And it worked out a good result for you, ask Ellenor, Eugene. | 对于你来说,它取得了很好的结果,请问Ellenor,Eugene。 |
[28:34] | I know. I got a good deal. | 我知道。我得到了很多。 |
[28:41] | Then what? | 那又怎么样? |
[28:41] | I don’t like it that I am assured to sit here feeling like I got a good deal. | 我不喜欢它,我放心坐在这里,感觉自己得到了很多。 |
[28:46] | I don’t like it that my boss is asking me to feel compassion | 我不喜欢我的老板让我感受到同情 |
[28:49] | for the man that assaulted me. | 对于那个袭击我的人来说。 |
[28:52] | And I don’t like it that I feel like | 我不喜欢它,我觉得 |
[28:53] | I am disappointing you by being angry at the guy. | 对这个人生气,我感到失望。 |
[28:56] | You’re not disappointing me… | 你并没有让我失望…… |
[28:57] | That’s how it feels. | 这就是它的感觉。 |
[28:59] | I mean you’re feeling sorry for him, and you’re feeling sorry for me. | 我的意思是你为他感到难过,而你为我感到难过。 |
[29:07] | Look, I know that you guys all teamed up and | 看,我知道你们都联手起来了 |
[29:10] | work this out a lot to my benefit. | 为了我的利益,我做了很多工作。 |
[29:16] | I am grateful. | 我很感激。 |
[29:21] | I guess I didn’t want things worked out. | 我想我不想让事情解决。 |
[29:27] | I guess I don’t really wanna be feeling grateful at the moment. | 我想我现在不想真的感恩。 |
[29:32] | And I… | 和我… |
[29:47] | I think it’s a mistake. | 我认为这是一个错误。 |
[29:48] | So you’re saying you won’t arrest him? | 所以你说你不会逮捕他? |
[29:49] | I am not saying that. | 我不是这样说的。 |
[29:50] | But with you being the only complaining witness, unconscious one at that… | 但是,你是唯一抱怨的证人,无意识的证人…… |
[29:54] | He admitted doing it. | 他承认这样做。 |
[29:55] | That was a settlement negotiation. He can still deny it at trial. | 这是一次和解谈判。他仍然可以在审判时否认。 |
[30:00] | Look, Lucy, if you wanna push this, I will back you, | 你看,露西,如果你想推这个,我会支持你的, |
[30:03] | so long as you know how ** the fight is, you will be attacked. | 只要你知道这场战斗如何,你就会受到攻击。 |
[30:06] | I know. | 我知道。 |
[30:08] | Look, I can’t just quietly settle this. | 看,我不能安静地解决这个问题。 |
[30:11] | $85,000 is a lot of money. | 85,000美元是很多钱。 |
[30:13] | He’s a criminal. | 他是一个罪犯。 |
[30:17] | Okay, you’ve got yourself a DA. | 好的,你已经有了一个DA。 |
[30:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢。 |
[30:27] | Mr. Berluti. | 贝鲁蒂先生。 |
[30:30] | Mr. Berluti. We’ll hear from you. | 贝鲁蒂先生。我们会收到你的来信。 |
[30:41] | I am not sure I got much to say. | 我不确定我有很多话要说。 |
[30:46] | We all heard Darlene Keating said she was clear headed, | 我们都听说达琳基廷说她头脑清醒, |
[30:50] | said she would do it again even. | 说她甚至会再做一次。 |
[30:52] | Of course I guess anybody who says that at their own trial | 当然,我猜想有人会在自己的试验中说这些话 |
[30:56] | is anything but clear headed. | 是什么,但明确的头脑。 |
[30:59] | I’ve been trying the last few days to get her to act sorry. | 过去几天我一直在努力让她感到抱歉。 |
[31:04] | But she didn’t kill the guy out of sorry, she was angry. | 但她并没有因为抱歉而杀死那个人,她很生气。 |
[31:08] | And I suddenly realized we’ve all been trying to take that anger away from her. | 我突然意识到,我们一直在试图从她身上夺走愤怒。 |
[31:14] | And she’s been trying to tell me, yesterday you, she’s entitled to it. | 她一直在试图告诉我,昨天你,她有权这样做。 |
[31:19] | A man raped her, brutally raped her. | 一名男子强奸了她,残忍地强奸了她。 |
[31:22] | If she’s entitled to anything, it’s anger. | 如果她有权获得任何东西,那就是愤怒。 |
[31:27] | Did it justify revenge? No. | 是否有理由报复?没有。 |
[31:29] | The Law doesn’t permit that, | 法律不允许这样做, |
[31:31] | but the law doesn’t demand that she conceal her rage either. | 但法律并不要求她隐瞒她的愤怒。 |
[31:35] | The law doesn’t say keep your anger to yourself, | 法律并没有说让你对自己感到愤怒, |
[31:38] | the law doesn’t say let everybody see you cry. | 法律并没有说让大家看到你哭泣。 |
[31:43] | I’ve been wanting to turn her into a victim, | 我一直想把她变成受害者, |
[31:46] | coz that’s how we’re comfortable looking at women who get raped, | 因为我们很舒服地看着被强奸的女性, |
[31:50] | victims, ashamed. | 受害者,惭愧。 |
[31:53] | Darlene Keating is nobody’s victim, | 达琳基廷是没有人的受害者, |
[31:56] | not mine, not yours, not Justin Fitzpatrick’s. | 不是我的,不是你的,不是Justin Fitzpatrick的。 |
[32:01] | Did she have the legal right to kill the man who raped her? No | 她有没有合法权利杀害强奸她的男人?没有 |
[32:06] | But she lost herself that night, ladies and gentlemen. | 但是,女士们,先生们,那天晚上她失去了自己。 |
[32:09] | I think she’s still lost. | 我觉得她还是输了。 |
[32:12] | A man forced himself inside her, | 一个男人强迫自己内心深处, |
[32:15] | and kept pushing himself and pushing himself. | 并不断推动自己并推动自己。 |
[32:18] | And she reacted with severe anger, rage, | 她对愤怒,愤怒, |
[32:23] | who wouldn’t? | 谁不会? |
[32:25] | You’ve been there? You? | 你去过那里?您? |
[32:29] | We’re all sitting here, | 我们都坐在这里, |
[32:31] | projecting what a normal reaction to being raped, | 预测被强奸的正常反应, |
[32:36] | expecting her to just cry. | 期待着她的哭泣。 |
[32:41] | How about call the police? Well that’s a normal reaction. | 怎么样报警?那是一个正常的反应。 |
[32:47] | Revenge murder isn’t. | 复仇谋杀不是。 |
[32:49] | Victims of violent crimes don’t get a free pass to commit homicides, | 暴力犯罪的受害者没有获得免费通行证实施杀人犯, |
[32:54] | ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们。 |
[32:56] | And for the record, rage hadn’t overcome this woman’s state of mind. | 而为了记录,愤怒还没有克服这个女人的心态。 |
[33:01] | She washed herself first; she sat on her bed calmly; | 她先洗了个澡。她平静地坐在床上; |
[33:04] | she was calm when the police got there. | 警察到达那里时她很冷静。 |
[33:07] | If anything, she acted with a lot of poise. | 如果有的话,她表现得很平静。 |
[33:12] | By her very own testimony she acted out of revenge. | 通过她自己的证词,她出于报复行事。 |
[33:17] | Some of you may be cheering for her,I get that, | 你们中有些人可能会为她欢呼,我明白了, |
[33:20] | when there’s one less rappers on the street because of Darlene Keating. | 因为Darlene Keating,街上少了一个说唱歌手。 |
[33:24] | Emotionally, vigilantism often feels good. | 在情感上,警惕主义常常感觉良好。 |
[33:29] | But as much as you might be glad that Justin Fitzpatrick is dead, | 但尽管你可能会很高兴贾斯汀菲茨帕特里克死了, |
[33:33] | as much as it gives you satisfaction | 尽可能让您满意 |
[33:35] | that this bastard got his due, | 这个混蛋得到了他的应有的, |
[33:38] | the only question you have to ask yourself | 你必须问自己的唯一问题 |
[33:41] | is do you really think that | 你真的这么认为吗? |
[33:43] | she didn’t know right from wrong when she pulled that trigger. | 当她拉动扳机时,她不知道对错。 |
[33:49] | Be honest with this court, | 对这个法庭诚实, |
[33:52] | be honest with yourself. | 不要自欺欺人。 |
[34:07] | They are allowing me to surrender you at the courthouse, | 他们允许我在法院投降你, |
[34:09] | at least you won’t he hold in hand cuffs. | 至少你不会袖手旁观。 |
[34:12] | I can’t believe this is happening. | 我无法相信这一切正在发生。 |
[34:14] | Alan, I will handle the arraignment, | 艾伦,我会处理传讯, |
[34:16] | but then you are gonna have to get another attorney. | 但是你必须得到另一位律师。 |
[34:17] | But if she doesn’t work here anymore… | 但如果她不在这里工作…… |
[34:19] | Doesn’t matter. No one here is gonna be challenging Lucy in court. | 没关系。这里没有人会在法庭上挑战露西。 |
[34:22] | We tried to settle this without a fight but now there is one. | 我们试图在没有战斗的情况下解决这个问题,但现在有一个。 |
[34:25] | Could you recommend somebody? | 你能推荐某人吗? |
[34:28] | I prefer not to. | 我不喜欢。 |
[34:29] | Would I be convicted? | 我会被定罪吗? |
[34:30] | You said that settlement conference is sealed, all right? | 你说和解会议是封闭的,好吗? |
[34:33] | It’s her word against mine. | 这是她对我的说法。 |
[34:34] | Yes, but I am sure they are hoping other women would come forward. | 是的,但我确定他们希望其他女性能出面。 |
[34:38] | This isn’t fair. | 这不公平。 |
[34:41] | I know I brought it on myself but… | 我知道我把它带到自己身上,但是…… |
[34:45] | Bobby, I never hurt anybody. | 鲍比,我从不伤害任何人。 |
[34:48] | Alan, you did. | 艾伦,你做到了。 |
[34:49] | You gave her infection, leave aside the sexual assault. | 你给她感染了,把性侵犯放在一边。 |
[34:54] | It’s… | 它的… |
[34:55] | when they are so big. I… | 当他们如此之大时。一世… |
[34:59] | I have to work so close, | 我必须如此接近地工作, |
[35:00] | I hover right over them while I am working there, | 当我在那里工作时,我徘徊在他们的正上方, |
[35:04] | they are right there, for the touching, | 他们在那里,为了感动, |
[35:09] | I just… need to touch some… | 我只是……需要碰一些…… |
[35:15] | Alan, you did more than touch them. | 艾伦,你做的不仅仅是触摸他们。 |
[35:18] | I just held it in my hand. And it was so beautiful. | 我只是把它握在手里。它非常美丽。 |
[35:25] | Lucy she’s a little, little girl with… | 露西,她是一个小女孩,带着…… |
[35:34] | they are so beautiful. | 他们太漂亮了。 |
[35:37] | Alan, | 艾伦, |
[35:40] | I will see you through the arraignment, | 我会通过传讯看到你, |
[35:42] | but then you need to find another counsel. | 但是你需要找另一位律师。 |
[35:47] | I never meant to hurt her. | 我从来没有打算伤害她。 |
[36:08] | Will the defendant please rise. | 被告请起立 |
[36:14] | Madam Foreperson, you’ve reached a verdict? | 夫人女士,你已经做出判决? |
[36:15] | We have, Your Honour. | 我们有决定,法官阁下。 |
[36:16] | What say you? | 什么说你? |
[36:18] | Case No 4251, Commonwealth versus Darlene Keating, | 案件号4251,法庭对 Darlene Keating, |
[36:23] | on the charge of murder in the second degree, | 在二级谋杀罪名下, |
[36:25] | we find the defendant, Darlene Keating, | 我们裁定被告Darlene Keating, |
[36:29] | guilty. | 有罪。 |
[36:31] | Members of the jury, this concludes your service, | 陪审团成员,现在完成你们的服务, |
[36:34] | you are dismissed. | 你们可以解散了。 |
[36:35] | Bailiff, take the defendant into custody. | 法警,将被告拘留。 |
[36:40] | I am sorry. | 对不起。 |
[36:42] | Yeah. | 是啊。 |
[37:12] | Case No. 62463, Commonwealth versus Alan Nettle, | 第62463号案件,法庭对 Alan Nettle, |
[37:16] | sexual battery. | 性骚扰一事 |
[37:17] | Bobby Donnell for the defendant, Your Honour, | 鲍比唐纳尔为被告,法官阁下, |
[37:19] | waive reading. | 放弃阅读。 |
[37:20] | Helen Gamble for the Commonwealth, Your Honour. | 海伦请求,法官阁下。 |
[37:21] | I’d like to wrap this up here. | 我想在这里速审。 |
[37:23] | Be my guest. Court adjourned till tomorrow. | 别客气。法院休庭至明天。 |
[37:29] | Look, plead guilty to misdemeanor battery, | 看,认罪,轻微量刑, |
[37:32] | I will recommend straight probation conditioned on counseling. | 我会建议以咨询为条件的直接缓刑。 |
[37:35] | Really? Lucy okay with that? | 真?露西还好吗? |
[37:38] | She just wants a guilty finding. | 她只是想要一个有罪的发现。 |
[37:41] | We’ll take it. Let me consult on my client, but we’ll take it. | 我们会接受。让我咨询我的客户,但我们会接受。 |
[37:45] | Okay. | 好的。 |
[37:47] | This could be over before even starts. | 这甚至可能在开始之前就结束了。 |
[37:48] | Plead guilty, no time, no find, conditioned on counseling. | 认罪,没时间,没有发现,以咨询为条件。 |
[37:51] | It will be disposed of in five minutes. | 它将在五分钟内处理完毕。 |
[37:53] | What’s the catch? | 有什么收获? |
[37:55] | While you plead guilty, you will have a record. | 当你认罪时,你会有记录。 |
[37:56] | But the damage of a trial even if you work with it | 但是,即使你使用它,审判也会受到损害 |
[37:59] | would probably be worst. | 可能会更差。 |
[38:02] | I just had to touch some… | 我只是碰了一些… |
[38:03] | Alan. | 艾伦。 |
[38:05] | Okay, okay. | 好吧好吧。 |
[38:16] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 我可以和你谈谈吗? |
[38:18] | It’s okay, case is over. | 没关系,案件结束了。 |
[38:21] | Brave girl. | 勇敢的女孩。 |
[38:22] | I know. | 我知道。 |
[38:23] | You turned down $85,000 for a guilty finding? | 你拒绝了8.5万美元的有罪判决? |
[38:28] | Last year when I was videotaped in my shower, | 去年,当我在我的淋浴中进行录像时, |
[38:31] | and now this when I’m with a dentist, | 现在当我和一位牙医一起时, |
[38:34] | Bobby, I feel so powerless. | 鲍比,我感到无力。 |
[38:38] | I needed to do something. | 我需要做点什么。 |
[38:42] | I mean I couldn’t just sit around and let people make it less bad. | 我的意思是我不能坐在旁边,让人们不那么糟糕。 |
[38:48] | I needed… | 我需要… |
[38:50] | I don’t know, power of my own. | 我不知道,我自己的力量。 |
[38:55] | I needed him to be found guilty in court. | 我需要他在法庭上被判有罪。 |
[38:59] | I want to do something to him | 我想对他做点什么 |
[39:02] | Okay. | 好的。 |
[39:05] | And quitting? | 和戒烟? |
[39:06] | I want to do something to you. | 我想为你做点事情。 |
[39:12] | Well you’d also do it to Ellenor, Eugene. | 那么你也可以去Ellenor,尤金。 |
[39:15] | They fought for you here. | 他们在这里为你而战。 |
[39:17] | Lindsay, Rebecca, Jimmy | 林赛,丽贝卡,吉米 |
[39:18] | these people who you once thought so resist to you have come to love you. | 这些你曾经认为如此抵制你的人来爱你。 |
[39:24] | What Ellenor said about people in our office sticking by each other, | 埃勒诺对我们办公室里的人们说了些什么, |
[39:28] | well they’re all sticking by you on this, not me. | 好吧,他们都坚持在你身上,而不是我。 |
[39:33] | Didn’t you see that? | 你没看到吗? |
[39:36] | I did. | 我做到了。 |
[39:39] | Don’t leave us, Lucy. | 露西,别离开我们。 |
[39:41] | What we are, you are part of it. | 我们是什么,你是它的一部分。 |
[39:47] | Don’t leave. | 不要离开。 |
[39:54] | If I come back, I want to be made full partner. | 如果我回来,我想成为完整的合作伙伴。 |
[39:58] | How about senior partner? | 高级合伙人怎么样? |
[40:00] | Hey, you made Rebecca a partner when she wasn’t a lawyer, | 嘿,你不是律师时就让丽贝卡成为她的伴侣, |
[40:03] | don’t think I’ve forgotten that. | 不要以为我已经忘记了这一点。 |
[40:04] | Well here’s a tip: forget it. | 那么这里有一个提示:忘记它。 |
[40:08] | Timing was right for me to try. | 时机对我来说是正确的尝试。 |
[40:13] | I am sorry. | 对不起。 |
[40:16] | All right, I will come back for Ellenor and Eugene and everyone else. | 好吧,我会回来的Ellenor和尤金和其他人。 |
[40:20] | You can still work on me. | 你仍然可以在我身上工作。 |
[40:24] | Deal. | 应对。 |
[40:25] | And we will be reversing a partner issue. | 我们将扭转合作伙伴问题。 |
[40:28] | In your lifetime not mine. | 在你的一生中不是我的。 |
[40:30] | Pays would be better with the in charge. | 主管会付出更多的代价。 |
[40:33] | You are already in charge. | 你已经在负责。 |
[40:49] | It’s not unprecedented to get a murder two | 二级谋杀并不是前所未有的 |
[40:52] | convert to manslaughter at sentencing. | 在判决时会转化为误杀罪。 |
[40:54] | It’s a long shot, but we did it once. | 它需要长的时间,但我们做过一次。 |
[40:57] | I am gonna do the research. | 我要去做研究。 |
[41:00] | Also, you might have grounds on appeal. | 此外,您有理由提出上诉。 |
[41:03] | The judge not let me off. | 法官不让我离开这案。 |
[41:04] | You and I were so incompatible. | 你我很不相容。 |
[41:06] | It could be a reversible error. | 这可能是一个可逆的错误。 |
[41:08] | Another long shot. | 另一个长时间。 |
[41:10] | In the meantime, I’ve ordered all the transcripts, | 与此同时,我已经订购了所有的成绩单, |
[41:12] | see if can find anything else. | 看看能否找到其他的东西。 |
[41:16] | Why? | 为什么? |
[41:18] | You were court appointed, you did your job. | 你是法院任命的,你做你的工作。 |
[41:22] | Well, gotta see it through. | 那么,一定要看看它。 |
[41:25] | Be professional about it. | 要专业点。 |
[41:28] | I’ll let you know, okay? | 我会让你知道的,好吗? |
[41:31] | Okay, | 好的, |
[41:35] | thank you. | 谢谢。 |