时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on The Practice | 前集回顾 |
[00:01] | Dad. | 爸。 |
[00:02] | The principal said he got a phone tip from a parent, | 校长说,他从父母那里得到了一个电话小费, |
[00:05] | Something about you dealing. | 关于你的事情。 |
[00:05] | I wasn’t dealing, that’s a lie! | 我没有处理,这是一个谎言! |
[00:07] | Were they your drugs? | 他们是你的药吗? |
[00:08] | No. | 没有。 |
[00:09] | Then why were they in your locker? | 那为什么他们在你的储物柜里? |
[00:10] | I don’t know, maybe I was set up. | 我不知道,也许我成立了。 |
[00:11] | Do you like my clock? | 你喜欢我的时钟吗? |
[00:13] | It has a tiny camera in it. | 它有一个微型摄像头。 |
[00:15] | A nanny-cam. | 保姆 –凸轮。 |
[00:16] | Two nights ago, I come home and I find this. | 两晚前,我回到家,我找到了。 |
[00:19] | I’ll meet him at 4:30, he’s gonna give me eight bags. | 我会在4点半见他,他会给我八袋。 |
[00:21] | What if I get busted? | 如果我被弄坏了会怎样? |
[00:22] | My dad says that if you get caught, | 我爸爸说如果你被抓住了, |
[00:24] | never admit to anything. | 从不承认任何事情。 |
[00:25] | Even to your lawyer | 即使对你的律师 |
[00:26] | because they’ll be stuck with whatever you tell em. | 因为他们会被任何你告诉他们的东西卡住。 |
[00:28] | I hope you know the bullet you dodged. | 我希望你知道你躲过的子弹。 |
[00:30] | You also better know, | 你也更清楚, |
[00:32] | you get arrested again, | 你再次被捕, |
[00:33] | this case comes alive again. | 这个案件再次活跃起来。 |
[00:40] | Neck veins are distended, get her into 2… | 颈静脉扩张,让她进入2 … |
[00:42] | Hold on, Lindsay… | 等等,Lindsay … |
[00:43] | hold on! | 等一下! |
[00:44] | She went through a lot of punishment, | 她经历了很多的惩罚, |
[00:46] | It’s amazing that she even made it here. | 她甚至把它制作在这里真是太神奇了。 |
[00:48] | I’m ok, Bobby. | 我很好,鲍比。 |
[00:49] | No, you’re almost killed, | 不,你快死了, |
[00:53] | it’s gonna take a long time before that trauma goes away. | 在创伤消失之前需要很长时间。 |
[00:59] | Okay Lucy, break out the straws. | 好的露西,拿吸管来。 |
[01:01] | No, come on. | 不,来吧。 |
[01:02] | I don’t like it either. | 我也不喜欢它。 |
[01:04] | What’s the case? | 情况如何? |
[01:05] | Some Dunsmere patient. | 一些Dunsmere病人。 |
[01:07] | Petitioning for release. | 请求释放。 |
[01:08] | Rebecca! Good experience. | 丽贝卡!好的经历。 |
[01:09] | I have moved beyond experience, thank you very much! | 我已经超越了经验,非常感谢你! |
[01:12] | And I gotta recuse myself, | 我必须回避自己, |
[01:14] | some of my relations are mental. | 我的一些关系是精神上的。 |
[01:15] | Oh, forget it. | 哦,算了吧。 |
[01:16] | -We already knew that! -Lucy! | 我们已经知道了! -Lucy! |
[01:17] | Alright guys, pick ‘em | 好吧,伙计们,选择他们 |
[01:26] | Oh, damn it! | 哦,该死的! |
[01:27] | Oh look, mine’s long! | 哦,看,我的长! |
[01:29] | Why do I always get the wacko’s? | 为什么我总是得到怪人的? |
[01:31] | You don’t get them. I get them | 你不明白他们。我得到它们 |
[01:32] | No, you date them! | 不,你约会他们! |
[01:33] | Oh, that’s amusing. | 哦,这很有趣。 |
[01:36] | Eugene, it’s your ex-wife. | 尤金,这是你的前妻。 |
[01:46] | Hello? | 你好? |
[02:08] | Eugene! | 尤金! |
[02:08] | Are they questioning her? | 他们在问她吗? |
[02:09] | Take it easy. | 别紧张。 |
[02:10] | Are they asking her questions? | 他们问她问题吗? |
[02:14] | Eugene, Eugene | 尤金,尤金 |
[02:19] | Where’s Kendall? | 肯德尔在哪里? |
[02:20] | He’s in his bedroom, he’s okay. | 他在他的卧室里,他没事。 |
[02:22] | Ellenor? | |
[02:23] | I’m going. | 我要去。 |
[02:24] | I came out of the shower… | 我从淋浴中出来…… |
[02:25] | I just… | 我只是… |
[02:26] | I just came out of the shower. | 我刚刚从淋浴中出来。 |
[02:35] | I’m gonna go check on Kendall. | 我要去检查肯德尔。 |
[02:37] | Can you wait right here? | 你能在这里等吗? |
[02:38] | Yeah, come back okay? | 是的,回来好吗? |
[02:40] | I will, you wait right here. | 我会的,你在这里等着。 |
[02:49] | Little man! | 小男孩! |
[02:50] | Dad! | 爸! |
[02:53] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[02:54] | I’m okay. Is mom okay? | 我很好。妈妈好吗? |
[02:56] | She’s fine | 她很好 |
[02:59] | Show me. | 给我看看。 |
[03:12] | Murder weapon appears to be a baseball bat. | 谋杀武器似乎是棒球棒。 |
[03:14] | Your ex-wife said she got out to take a shower. | 你的前妻说她出去洗澡了。 |
[03:17] | When she came out of the bathroom, | 当她走出浴室时, |
[03:18] | this is what she found. | 这是她发现的。 |
[04:09] | I’m gonna take care of everything. | 我会照顾一切。 |
[04:11] | We’re gonna stick with each other | 我们要坚持彼此 |
[04:13] | and we’re gonna get through it. | 我们将通过它。 |
[04:15] | Eugene? | 尤金? |
[04:22] | The police wanna take them down, | 警方想把他们打倒, |
[04:24] | get some statements. | 得到一些陈述。 |
[04:24] | I don’t think it’s smart | 我不认为这很聪明 |
[04:25] | Why? | 为什么? |
[04:26] | Mike’s giving me short answers, | 迈克给我简短的答案, |
[04:27] | I think they’re both suspects. | 我认为他们都是嫌疑犯。 |
[04:29] | What? | 什么? |
[04:29] | They’re not finding any signs of forced entry. | 他们没有发现任何强制进入的迹象。 |
[04:31] | The bat, I guess belongs to Kendall. | 蝙蝠,我猜属于肯德尔。 |
[04:34] | You gotta be kidding! | 你开玩笑的吧! |
[04:35] | I don’t think we should let them talk. | 我认为我们不应该让他们说话。 |
[04:37] | In which case they’ll definitely be suspects. | 在这种情况下,他们肯定会成为嫌犯。 |
[04:39] | If they cooperate then that will be that. | 如果他们合作,那就是那样。 |
[04:41] | I don’t think we should let them talk | 我认为我们不应该让他们说话 |
[04:46] | Are they taking them into custody? | 他们是否将他们拘留? |
[04:49] | Ellenor, don’t let them say anything | 埃勒诺,别让他们说什么 |
[04:50] | until you interviewed them first. | 直到你先采访他们。 |
[04:52] | Do you want me to come down there? | 你想让我来吗? |
[04:55] | Okay. Call me. I’ll wait here. | 好的。打给我。我会在这里等。 |
[04:59] | The guy was dead? | 那家伙已经死了? |
[05:00] | Sharon’s boyfriend, Ellenor’s gonna stay with them. | 沙龙的男朋友,埃勒诺会留下来的。 |
[05:02] | I may need you to go down to the police station. | 我可能需要你去派出所。 |
[05:09] | Oh my God! | 哦,我的上帝! |
[05:10] | What? | 什么? |
[05:11] | My mental patient, he killed five people | 我的精神病患者,他杀死了五个人 |
[05:14] | Excuse me? | 打扰一下? |
[05:14] | Twenty years ago. | 二十年前。 |
[05:15] | He’s been at Dunsmere ever since, Walter Arens. | 自从Walter Arens以来,他一直在Dunsmere。 |
[05:18] | Great, just what I needed | 太好了,就是我需要的 |
[05:19] | What did you say? Walter Arens? | 你说什么?沃尔特阿伦斯? |
[05:22] | You know him? | 你认识他? |
[05:24] | Do I know him? | 我认识他吗? |
[05:26] | Lindsay, that’s the Hummer | 林赛,那是悍马 |
[05:28] | The hummer? | 悍马? |
[05:29] | Don’t you remember? | 你还记得吗? |
[05:30] | We were probably in junior high. | 我们可能在初中。 |
[05:32] | He didn’t just kill people. | 他不只是杀人。 |
[05:33] | He tortured five girls and supposedly | 他折磨了五个女孩,据说 |
[05:36] | he would hum while he did it. | 他会哼哼,而他做到了。 |
[05:38] | I remember that guy! | 我记得那家伙! |
[05:39] | The hummer? | 悍马? |
[05:40] | You can’t be springing’ him | 你不可能弹出’他 |
[05:52] | Where’s Kendall? | 肯德尔在哪里? |
[05:53] | They wanna keep you two in different rooms. | 他们想让你俩呆在不同的房间里。 |
[05:56] | Ellenor’s with him | 埃勒诺和他在一起 |
[06:00] | Why? Why would they want us separated? | 为什么?他们为什么要我们分开? |
[06:03] | Sharon, tell me exactly what happened. | 沙龙,告诉我发生了什么事。 |
[06:08] | I went into the shower. | 我去了洗澡。 |
[06:09] | I came out and he was | 我出来了,他是 |
[06:14] | like you saw him. | 就像你看到他一样。 |
[06:19] | This man spent the night in your bed? | 这个人在你的床上过夜了吗? |
[06:22] | Yes. | 是。 |
[06:23] | What’s his name? | 他的名字是什么? |
[06:24] | Scott Turnbull. | 斯科特·特恩布尔。 |
[06:26] | He was a boyfriend?. | 他是男朋友? |
[06:27] | Somebody I was dating. | 有人在约会。 |
[06:30] | Somebody you were dating. | 有人约会。 |
[06:31] | Eugene, don’t go there. | 尤金,别去那里。 |
[06:32] | You had a son and this is… | 你有一个儿子,这是… |
[06:34] | I said don’t! | 我说不要! |
[06:35] | Well, the police are gonna be going there Sharon, | 那么,警方将会去那里沙龙, |
[06:37] | you’re a suspect | 你是个嫌疑犯 |
[06:41] | I’m a suspect? | 我是个嫌疑犯? |
[06:45] | You didn’t hear anybody come into your bedroom? | 你没有听到有人进入你的卧室? |
[06:51] | No | 没有 |
[06:53] | no. | 没有。 |
[07:00] | Okay, | 好的, |
[07:02] | let me see if I can find out what’s going on. | 让我看看我能否找出发生了什么事。 |
[07:07] | Eugene? | 尤金? |
[07:13] | We overslept. | 我们睡过头了。 |
[07:15] | I planned on having him gone before you dropped Kendall off. | 我打算在你放下儿子前让他离开。 |
[07:29] | all of a sudden I heard my mother screaming | 突然间,我听到母亲尖叫 |
[07:31] | and I ran into her room and then I saw it. | 我跑进了她的房间,然后我看到了它。 |
[07:34] | What about before she was screaming? | 她在尖叫之前怎么样? |
[07:36] | I didn’t hear much. | 我听不到太多。 |
[07:37] | When I dropped you off, what did you do then? | 当我放下你时,你做了什么? |
[07:39] | I went into my room, put on a cd and started getting ready for school. | 我走进我的房间,戴上一张CD,开始准备上学。 |
[07:44] | You didn’t check on your mother? | 你没有检查你的母亲? |
[07:46] | No. | 没有。 |
[07:47] | Call out to tell her you were home? | 打电话告诉她你在家吗? |
[07:49] | I figured she might still be asleep. | 我想她可能还在睡觉。 |
[07:51] | You know she was in there with a man? | 你知道她和一个男人在一起吗? |
[07:53] | I figured she might be. | 我想她可能是。 |
[07:55] | How did you figure that? | 你是怎么想出来的? |
[07:57] | I know some guy comes over when I’m not there. | 我知道有一个人在我不在的时候来过。 |
[08:00] | Weekends when I’m with you. | 周末,当我和你在一起。 |
[08:02] | I come home mondays, I see stuff in the refrigerator that, | 我星期一回家时,我在冰箱里看到东西, |
[08:05] | that I know she doesn’t even eat. | 我知道她甚至不吃东西。 |
[08:08] | She’s cheap. | 她很贱。 |
[08:11] | Eugene. | 尤金。 |
[08:12] | Don’t you ever talk about your mother like that! | 你不要那样谈论你的母亲! |
[08:18] | How we’re doing? Ready? | 我们如何做?准备? |
[08:21] | No. We’re not giving you any statement | 不,我们没有给你任何声明 |
[08:38] | Bag on the belt. | 把包放在滚动带上。 |
[08:39] | All jewelry and metal objects in the bin. | 所有首饰和金属物品入进箱里。 |
[08:42] | Then through there | 然后通过那里 |
[09:00] | Just a minute ma’am | 只是一分钟夫人 |
[09:09] | Oh give me a break | 哦,让我休息一下 |
[09:19] | Welcome to Dunsmere. Please don’t feed the animals | 欢迎来到邓斯米尔。请不要喂动物 |
[09:28] | Don’t mind him. | 别介意。 |
[09:30] | They all like to flex their muscles, it’s a prison thing. | 他们都喜欢展示他们的肌肉,这是一个监狱的事情。 |
[09:32] | But this is a psychiatric hospital | 但这是一家精神病医院 |
[09:34] | Oh right! I forgot | 啊对!我忘了 |
[09:37] | Maria Hernandez, supervising psychiatrist | 玛丽亚埃尔南德斯,监督心理医生 |
[09:40] | Lindsay Dole | |
[09:42] | I certainly give you credit for taking this one | 我当然会给你信任拿这个 |
[09:45] | Court ordered assignment | 法院下令分配 |
[09:46] | Well, I’m gonna give you credit anyway | 好吧,无论如何,我会给你信用的 |
[09:50] | I was going over Mr. Arens’ file. | 我正在审查阿伦斯先生的档案。 |
[09:53] | Is he still on the anti-psychotic medication? | 他还在服用抗精神病药物吗? |
[09:55] | Clozapine | 氯氮平 |
[09:56] | No recent history of violence? | 没有最近的暴力史? |
[09:59] | Not in the ten years I’ve been here. | 不,在我过去的十年里。 |
[10:01] | He’s been very cooperative. | 他一直很合作。 |
[10:03] | He’s actually a model patient. And sweet | 他实际上是一名模范病人。甜美 |
[10:08] | So you support his release to a group home in the community | 所以你支持他转移到社区的一个小组 |
[10:11] | I will and have, the last three petitions. | 我会和最后三次请愿。 |
[10:13] | But it’s probably an exercising futility, Ms. Dole | 但是,这可能是一个徒劳无功的女士,多尔女士 |
[10:18] | Twenty years. | 20年。 |
[10:19] | If this were a real prison he’d be out for parole by now | 如果这是一个真正的监狱,他现在会出狱假释 |
[10:21] | Yes, but let’s not forget who he is | 是的,但我们不要忘记他是谁 |
[10:25] | The hummer | 悍马 |
[10:31] | Ready? | 准备? |
[10:34] | Let’s go | 我们走吧 |
[10:52] | Walter? This is Lindsay Dole, | 沃尔特?这是Lindsay Dole, |
[10:54] | your court appointed attorney. | 你的法院指定的律师。 |
[10:55] | She’ll be handling your petition | 她会处理你的请愿 |
[10:58] | Hello | 你好 |
[11:00] | Hi | 你好 |
[11:02] | Thank you for taking my case | 谢谢你接受我的案子 |
[11:06] | Sure. | 当然。 |
[11:09] | I just need to ask you a few questions | 我只需要问你几个问题 |
[11:11] | Certainly. | 当然。 |
[11:17] | Ah.. I understand that you’ve been stabbed yourself. | 啊..我知道你已经被刺伤了。 |
[11:22] | Is that gonna be a problem? | 这会是一个问题吗? |
[11:27] | Would you like me to stay? | 你想让我留下来吗? |
[11:39] | Three sets of prints on the murderweapon. | 杀人武器上有三个版本。 |
[11:41] | The mother’s, the son’s and the father’s | 母亲,儿子和父亲的 |
[11:43] | Eugene’s | 尤金的 |
[11:44] | Baseball bat. | 棒球棒。 |
[11:45] | It was kept in the front hall closet. | 它被保存在前厅大厅里。 |
[11:46] | I’m sure they all had opportunity to pick it up | 我相信他们都有机会拿起它 |
[11:48] | What else? | 还有什么? |
[11:49] | Physical evidence, none. | 物证,没有。 |
[11:51] | No sign of entry, forced or otherwise. | 没有进入迹象,被迫或以其他方式。 |
[11:53] | Am I right? | 我对吗? |
[11:53] | Coroner cited ** time of death between six and nine. | 验尸官指出**的死亡时间在六点到九点之间。 |
[11:56] | That’s consistent with the woman’s statement | 这与该女子的说法一致 |
[11:57] | I see the boy has a drug history: | 我看到这个男孩有药物史: |
[12:00] | he comes home, finds his mom in bed with a man, | 他回到家,发现他的妈妈和一个男人在床上, |
[12:02] | not his father. | 不是他的父亲。 |
[12:03] | Wouldn’t give a statement | 不会发表声明 |
[12:05] | On the advice of counsel | 根据律师的意见 |
[12:07] | My money, he’s the killer | 我的钱,他是杀手 |
[12:09] | Look, I know these people they’re my friends | 看,我认识这些人他们是我的朋友 |
[12:11] | Which makes you biased | 这使你有偏见 |
[12:12] | Don’t be your little Napoleonic self on this one. | 不要成为你这个拿破仑的小自己。 |
[12:14] | I’m calling in a favor, put your best team on it. | 我打电话来帮忙,把最好的团队放在上面。 |
[12:17] | I already have | 我已经有了 |
[12:17] | I don’t wanna be leaving things to his conclusions | 我不想把事情留给他的结论 |
[12:20] | That’s nice. From a co-worker | 这很好。来自同事 |
[12:24] | This proceding, as I’m sure you know, | 正如我相信你知道的那样, |
[12:25] | will be in front of a jury. | 将在陪审团面前。 |
[12:26] | This is good | 这很好 |
[12:28] | Since no judge wants to be the one | 因为没有法官想成为那个人 |
[12:30] | accused of letting the hummer back out in public. | 被指控让悍马在公众面前退出。 |
[12:37] | I never really hummed you know, | 我从来没有真正哼过你知道, |
[12:38] | that was just silly folklore | 那只是一种愚蠢的民间传闻 |
[12:44] | I’ll be calling dr. Hernandez first and then I’ll be calling you | 我会打电话给博士。埃尔南德斯先生,然后我会打电话给你 |
[12:48] | Okay | 好的 |
[12:48] | This is an open proceeding, | 这是一个公开的程序, |
[12:50] | we can expect some family members of the victims to show up, | 我们可以期待遇难者的一些家属出现, |
[12:54] | though they’re not allowed to testify. | 尽管他们不被允许作证。 |
[12:55] | The only issue that we really need to… | 我们真正需要的唯一问题是…… |
[12:56] | He knows Lindsay, this is our third petition | 他知道Lindsay,这是我们的第三次请愿 |
[13:00] | What I don’t… | 我不… |
[13:06] | I’m sorry…I’m… | 我很抱歉…我… |
[13:07] | I guess… I’m a little jumpy | 我想…我吓了一跳 |
[13:10] | I understand, | 我明白, |
[13:14] | Ms. Dole. | 多尔女士。 |
[13:20] | I’m really not the person who did those horrible things. | 我真的不是那些做过这些可怕事情的人。 |
[13:31] | Okay, tell me. | 好的,告诉我。 |
[13:35] | What do you think of that person? | 你觉得那个人怎么样? |
[13:40] | I’m glad he doesn’t exist anymore | 我很高兴他不存在了 |
[13:45] | Mr. Turnbull was going through an ugly separation with a business partner | 特恩布尔先生与商业伙伴经历了一次不好的分开 |
[13:49] | so they’re checking | 所以他们正在检查 |
[13:50] | Michael Kasner. He claims Scott stole from him. | 迈克尔卡斯纳。他声称斯科特打了他。 |
[13:54] | He did threaten him once, he came to his house | 他曾经威胁过他,他来到他家 |
[13:56] | Have you ever seen him near your house? | 你有没有见过他在你家附近? |
[14:00] | No | 没有 |
[14:01] | Well, the police are running him down. | 那么,警察正在把他弄倒。 |
[14:03] | But I have to tell you, | 但我必须告诉你, |
[14:05] | right now the investigation is focusing on Kendall | 现在调查集中在肯德尔身上 |
[14:08] | What? | 什么? |
[14:09] | And his not making a statement, it only fuels the suspicion | 而他没有发表声明,只会加剧猜疑 |
[14:14] | Absolutely not! I agree with Ellenor | 绝对不!我同意埃勒诺 |
[14:17] | If we can put this to rest… | 如果我们可以把它休息… |
[14:18] | Eugene! | 尤金! |
[14:19] | The fact that he’s not talking, is only making him a suspect | 他不说话的事实只会让他成为犯罪嫌疑人 |
[14:21] | He was there! Prints on the bat. | 他在那!打印在蝙蝠上。 |
[14:22] | That’s what’s making him a suspect | 这就是让他成为犯罪嫌疑人的原因 |
[14:23] | By not cooperating we’re only fueling that suspicion | 由于不合作,我们只会加剧这种怀疑 |
[14:25] | Have you even talked to him, Eugene? | 你有没有跟他说过,尤金? |
[14:26] | What? | 什么? |
[14:26] | Have you really talked to Kendall? | 你真的跟肯德尔谈过了吗? |
[14:29] | What the hell do you mean by that? | 你究竟是什么意思? |
[14:30] | You know what she means. | 你知道她的意思。 |
[14:31] | Have you really talked to him? | 你真的跟他说过话了吗? |
[14:32] | I don’t need to talk to my son | 我不需要跟我的儿子说话 |
[14:33] | You sure as hell do! | 你确定! |
[14:35] | Certainly before we can ever… | 当然我们可以…… |
[14:36] | ever let him give a statement to the police | 曾让他向警方发表声明 |
[14:40] | Look, Helen tells me that they’re checking into somebody | 看,海伦告诉我他们正在检查某人 |
[14:42] | who had some bad history with the victim. | 谁与受害者有一些不好的历史。 |
[14:44] | But Eugene, come on! | 但尤金,来吧! |
[14:46] | The chances of somebody else going into your house, | 别人进入你家的机会, |
[14:48] | committing murder with a baseball bat | 用棒球棒谋杀 |
[14:50] | and neither Sharon or Kendall hearing anything? | 莎朗和肯德尔都没有听到什么? |
[14:52] | I’m not gonna listen to this | 我不会听这个 |
[14:53] | You may not want to hear this, Eugene, | 你可能不想听到这个,尤金, |
[14:55] | but you need to hear it. | 但你需要听到它。 |
[14:57] | Talk to Kendall and then we’ll make some decisions | 与肯德尔交谈,然后我们会做出一些决定 |
[15:10] | Do you want me to jump in on this? | 你想让我加入吗? |
[15:11] | No, I’ll handle it. | 不,我会处理它。 |
[15:12] | I think too many lawyers will just make it worse | 我认为太多的律师会让情况变得更糟 |
[15:16] | What do you think Ellie? | 你觉得艾莉怎么样? |
[15:19] | I don’t know | 我不知道 |
[15:22] | So you basically have a jury trial to determine whether he’s sane | 所以你基本上有陪审团审判,以确定他是否理智 |
[15:26] | Pretty much | 非常好 |
[15:27] | Is he sane? | 他理智吗? |
[15:29] | The medical opinion is yes. | 医学意见是肯定的。 |
[15:31] | Since he’s been on the medication… | 由于他一直在服药…… |
[15:33] | Well, what’s he like? | 那他喜欢什么? |
[15:35] | He actually…He seems kinda gentle | 他其实……他好像很温柔 |
[15:40] | Hey Lindsay, a Mr. and Mrs. Rapson are here to see you | 嘿琳赛,拉普森夫妇在这里见你 |
[15:42] | Who are they? | 他们是谁? |
[15:44] | They wouldn’t tell what it’s in regard to. | 他们不会告诉它是什么。 |
[15:45] | They just said it was important | 他们只是说这很重要 |
[15:52] | I’m Lindsay Dole, can I help you? | 我是Lindsay Dole,我可以帮你吗? |
[15:54] | My name is George Rapson, this is my wife Ellen. | 我叫乔治拉普森,这是我的妻子艾伦。 |
[15:57] | We understand you’re representing Walter Arens at the hearing tomorrow. | 我们明白你在明天的听证会上代表Walter Arens。 |
[16:00] | My daughter was murdered by your client. | 我的女儿被你的客户谋杀了。 |
[16:03] | It’s been 20 years ago… | 已经有20年了… |
[16:05] | I’m sorry, we really shouldn’t be having this conversation | 对不起,我们真的不应该有这种谈话 |
[16:07] | We’re not allowed to speak at the hearing but I thought… | 我们不允许在听证会上发言,但我想…… |
[16:08] | Mr. Rapson, this conversation is inappropiate. | 拉普森先生,这次谈话是不合时宜的。 |
[16:11] | I’m sorry, I’m afraid I have to ask you to leave | 对不起,我怕我不得不要求你离开 |
[16:13] | How can you fight to put that monster back out on the street? | 你怎么能把这个怪物放回大街上? |
[16:15] | Mrs. Rapson, we’re all very sorry for your loss, | 拉庞夫人,我们都很遗憾你的损失, |
[16:19] | but like Ms. Dole said this… | 但像杜尔女士说的这样… |
[16:21] | this is an inappropriate discussion | 这是一个不恰当的讨论 |
[16:26] | Come on Ellen, we wouldn’t want to be inappropiate | 来吧艾伦,我们不想被人忽视 |
[16:35] | You ask me, I don’t blame them | 你问我,我不责怪他们 |
[16:36] | I didn’t ask | 我没有问 |
[16:37] | So what the guy is on medication? | 那么这个人在用药? |
[16:39] | That just makes him a murderer on drugs. | 这只会让他成为毒品的凶手。 |
[16:42] | Invent a pill that brings those teenagers back, | 发明一种可以让这些青少年回归的药丸, |
[16:44] | then we can talk about getting him out | 那么我们可以谈论让他出去 |
[16:46] | Hey Jimmy, how is it last week you developed a crush on a client | 嘿吉米,上周你是怎么对一个客户开始迷恋的 |
[16:49] | after she emptied her gun into somebody… | 在她用枪放倒某人的…… |
[16:50] | circumstances | 情况 |
[16:53] | And there are here! He was mentally ill… | 这里有!他患有精神病 |
[16:55] | -Alright! -That’s enough. | -好的! –够了。 |
[16:57] | Lindsay, are you sure you are okay to do this one? | Lindsay,你确定你可以做这个吗? |
[16:59] | Why wouldn’t I be? | 我为什么不成为? |
[17:04] | You want to ask our son if he committed murder? | 你想问我们的儿子他是否犯了谋杀罪? |
[17:10] | I have to find out what his answers will be to certain questions | 我必须找出他的答案会是什么问题 |
[17:14] | before I let him speak to the police | 我让他跟警察说话之前 |
[17:26] | What was he doing in your bed? | 他在床上做什么? |
[17:29] | I said don’t | 我说不 |
[17:30] | School day Sharon, school day | 上学日,沙伦,上学日 |
[17:32] | I told you I overslept | 我告诉你我睡过头了 |
[17:33] | Oh, I’m sure you were up half the night, you were tired | 噢,我相信你半夜起来,你累了 |
[17:35] | Eugene! | 尤金! |
[17:36] | What do you think it’s like for him to come home and discover his momma… | 你觉得他怎样:回家发现他的妈妈… |
[17:38] | Don’t you start judging me! | 你别开始评判我! |
[17:39] | He’s judging you! He’s calling you cheap! | 他在判断你!他说你贱! |
[17:45] | That’s what he said, Sharon. | 这就是他说的,沙伦。 |
[17:47] | He was angry about that… | 他对此感到愤怒…… |
[17:52] | Man being there. | 男人在那里。 |
[17:58] | I pray to God that he didn’t… | 我向上帝祈祷他没有…… |
[18:17] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗? |
[18:18] | Kendall, we’re your parents. | 肯德尔,我们是你的父母。 |
[18:20] | The main thing here is that we have to be totally honest with each other | 这里主要的是我们必须互相诚实 |
[18:25] | You think I did it? | 你以为我做到了? |
[18:26] | No, we don’t! | 不,我们不! |
[18:28] | Then why are you even asking me. | 那你为什么问我呢? |
[18:29] | The police are focusing on you | 警方正在关注你 |
[18:33] | and I’m gonna help you. | 我会帮你的。 |
[18:34] | I promise you that. | 我向你保证。 |
[18:35] | But for me… | 但对我来说…… |
[18:39] | You have to come clean with me, you understand? | 你必须和我一起去澄清,你明白吗? |
[18:44] | Kendall, your father asked you a question. | 肯德尔,你父亲问你一个问题。 |
[18:47] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗? |
[18:49] | I understand. | 我明白。 |
[18:51] | I understand my parents are sitting here, | 我知道我的父母正坐在这里, |
[18:53] | asking me if I’m a murderer! | 问我是否是凶手! |
[18:57] | The answer to your question is no. | 你的问题的答案是否定的。 |
[19:21] | What? Lindsay what? | 什么? Lindsay什么? |
[19:24] | I had a bad dream | 我做了一个噩梦 |
[19:25] | What is it? | 它是什么? |
[19:29] | A nun with a knife | 一个带刀的修女 |
[19:35] | Lindsay, I really think you should get off this case | 林赛,我真的觉得你应该摆脱这种情况 |
[19:37] | It doesn’t affect… | 它不会影响… |
[19:38] | You’re representing a guy who stabbed girls | 你代表一个刺杀女孩的家伙 |
[19:40] | I can do the case | 我可以做这件事 |
[19:41] | I can take over… Rebecca… | 我可以接管……丽贝卡…… |
[19:43] | I can do it | 我能行 |
[19:44] | No, you’re determined to do it. | 不,你决定去做。 |
[19:49] | What are you trying to prove? | 你想证明什么? |
[19:50] | You’re the one who accused me of pretending you didn’t get stabbed | 你是那个指责我假装你没有被刺伤的人 |
[19:54] | Bobby, I can do the damn case alright | 鲍比,我可以做这个该死的案子 |
[20:01] | I’m not sure you can | 我不确定你可以 |
[20:03] | Why? I suddenly can’t be a lawyer anymore? | 为什么?我突然不能再当律师了? |
[20:05] | Nobody’s saying… | 没人说… |
[20:06] | Yes, that’s what being said | 是的,这就是所说的 |
[20:07] | Listen, why did you take this one? | 听着,你为什么拿这个? |
[20:09] | I was assigned it | 我被分配了 |
[20:10] | I think under the circumstances, you could’ve declined it | 我认为在这种情况下,你可能会拒绝 |
[20:15] | I’m not gonna let those circumstances control the rest of my life | 我不会让这些情况控制我的余生 |
[20:19] | How about just a year? | 短短一年呢? |
[20:24] | I talked to Bay this morning, | 今天早上我和海湾谈过了, |
[20:25] | I tried to get him to submit written questions to us. | 我试图让他向我们提交书面问题。 |
[20:27] | He wouldn’t go for it. | 他不会去做的。 |
[20:28] | I didn’t expect he would, | 我没想到他会, |
[20:30] | so Kendall basically has to feel… | 所以肯德尔基本上都觉得… |
[20:32] | I want to be in the room | 我想要在房间里 |
[20:34] | Well, that’s a given Eugene. | 那么,这是一个给定的尤金。 |
[20:36] | We’ll both be in the room. | 我们都会在房间里。 |
[20:37] | If we don’t like the way it’s going, | 如果我们不喜欢它的方式, |
[20:38] | we’ll cut it off right there. | 我们会在那里把它关掉。 |
[20:41] | There is one possible piece of good news. | 有一个可能的好消息。 |
[20:45] | They found a blonde hair. A single strand in the bedroom | 他们发现了一头金发。卧室里有一根单线 |
[20:47] | and this Michael Kasner, the guy who had the run-in with the victim, | 而这位迈克尔·卡斯纳(Michael Kasner),与受害者接连的人, |
[20:50] | he’s got blonde hair. | 他有金色的头发。 |
[20:51] | So does Sharon’s housekeeper | 沙龙的管家也是 |
[20:52] | Yeah, but Sharon said she hadn’t been there since monday | 是的,但沙龙说她从星期一开始就不在那里 |
[20:55] | The hair was on the bed? | 头发在床上? |
[20:57] | Floor | 地板 |
[20:59] | So? It could’ve come off Sharon’s clothes | 所以?它可能已经脱落了沙龙的衣服 |
[21:02] | unless someone she brushed off with at work… | 除非她在工作中匆匆离开的人…… |
[21:04] | Maybe Eugene, but it’s something. | 也许尤金,但它是一些东西。 |
[21:06] | You know maybe we can prove that somebody came into that room. | 你知道,也许我们可以证明有人进入那个房间。 |
[21:14] | Mr. Arens had suffered from chronic paranoid schizophrenia. | 阿伦斯先生患有慢性偏执型精神分裂症。 |
[21:18] | In his case it was characterised by auditory hallucinations if you will | 在他的情况下,如果你愿意的话,它会出现幻听 |
[21:23] | Auditory hallucinations? | 幻听? |
[21:24] | Basically, he heard voices | 基本上,他听到了声音 |
[21:26] | And these voices, they were connected to his crimes? | 这些声音与他的罪行有关吗? |
[21:29] | Yes. He felt he was instructed to commit the killings | 是。他觉得他被指示实施杀戮 |
[21:32] | Does he still hear these voices today? | 他今天仍然听到这些声音吗? |
[21:34] | No. Since going on Clozapine eleven years ago, | 不,自从十一年前开始使用氯氮平以来, |
[21:37] | he’s had no symptoms of psychosis. | 他没有精神病症状。 |
[21:39] | The paranoid disorder? | 偏执性障碍? |
[21:41] | Is under control | 在控制之下 |
[21:43] | He is now mentally healthy in your medical opinion | 在你的医疗意见中,他现在精神健康 |
[21:46] | Well, I would certainly recommend ongoing therapy. | 那么,我肯定会推荐持续治疗。 |
[21:49] | Twenty years of institutional life | 二十年的制度生活 |
[21:55] | can release some emotional and psychological scars. | 可以释放一些情绪和心理伤疤。 |
[21:58] | But I would most certainly recommend his release from Dunsmere | 但我肯定会推荐他从邓斯米尔获释 |
[22:02] | This man tortured and murdered five teenage girls | 这名男子折磨并杀害了五名十几岁的女孩 |
[22:02] | and I have been recommending this for three years. | 我已经推荐了三年。 |
[22:06] | While suffering from a mental disorder he no longer suffers from | 虽然患有精神障碍,但他不再患病 |
[22:10] | That isn’t really true, doctor, is it? | 这不是真的,医生,是吗? |
[22:13] | If he were to go off these pills | 如果他离开了这些药片 |
[22:14] | he could once again fall victim to the paranoid schizophrenia, | 他可能再次成为偏执型精神分裂症的受害者, |
[22:18] | isn’t that true? | 这不正确吗? |
[22:19] | It’s possible | 这是可能的 |
[22:20] | He could become psychotic all over again | 他可能会再次变得精神病 |
[22:23] | Also possible | 也有可能 |
[22:25] | Possible? | 可能? |
[22:28] | Well if Mr. Arens were to tell you | 那么Arens先生要告诉你 |
[22:31] | he was going to stop taking his medication | 他将停止服用他的药物 |
[22:33] | would you recommend his release ? | 你会推荐他的发布吗? |
[22:34] | No | 没有 |
[22:35] | So we would have to trust him to take his pills, wouldn’t we? | 所以我们不得不相信他吃药,不是吗? |
[22:40] | Yes | 是 |
[22:41] | And you can’t guarantee us that he wouldn’t forget | 而且你不能保证我们他不会忘记 |
[22:43] | I don’t think… | 我不认为…… |
[22:44] | You can’t guarantee that he won’t forget to take his pills, | 你不能保证他不会忘记吃药, |
[22:46] | can you doctor? | 你可以医生吗? |
[22:47] | In my opinion, if he has not… | 在我看来,如果他没有…… |
[22:48] | Can you guarantee this court that he will not forget to take his pills? | 你能保证这个时候他不会忘记吃药吗? |
[22:53] | Of course not | 当然不是 |
[22:54] | And you can’t guarantee us | 你不能保证我们 |
[22:56] | that he might not simply choose one day to stop taking his medication | 他可能不会简单地选择一天停止服用他的药物 |
[23:01] | No | 没有 |
[23:02] | And since the failure to take this medication | 并且因为没有服用这种药物 |
[23:05] | can cause the psychosis to return, | 会导致精神病复发, |
[23:07] | you cannot sit in that chair and guarantee us | 你不能坐在那把椅子上保证我们 |
[23:10] | he will not kill again, can you doctor? | 他不会再杀人,你可以吗?医生 |
[23:13] | I can not guarantee you won’t kill anybody either | 我不能保证你,他再也不会杀死任何人 |
[23:17] | Except I’m not psychotic. | 除了我没有精神病。 |
[23:20] | He is. | 他是。 |
[23:26] | Now, you said a minute ago you suspected she was in her room with a man? | 现在,你在一分钟前说过 |
[23:29] | Yeah, I heard talking. | 是的,我听到了。 |
[23:30] | That’s kinda why I went upstairs to put music on. | 这是为什么我上楼去放音乐。 |
[23:33] | I didn’t wanna hear anything | 我想我没有听到任何声音 |
[23:35] | And when you heard your mother screaming? | 当你听到你妈妈尖叫时? |
[23:37] | I went downstairs, | 我去了楼下, |
[23:38] | I came to her room and there was a dead guy on her bed | 我来到她的房间,她的床上有一个死人 |
[23:42] | Did you see anybody else in the house? | 你看到房子里有人吗? |
[23:44] | No, I already told you! | 不,我已经告诉过你了! |
[23:45] | There was nobody else around at all | 根本没有人 |
[23:49] | Okay. | 好的。 |
[23:51] | Now, when your father dropped you off, | 现在,当你父亲放下你时, |
[23:54] | you said he stayed in the car? | 你说他留在车里? |
[23:56] | Yeah | 是啊 |
[23:57] | Did you actually see him drive off? | 你真的看到他开走吗? |
[23:59] | I don’t know. He usually waits for me | 我不知道。他通常会等我 |
[24:02] | But after you got inside the door, he would’ve then left | 但是当你走进门后,他会离开的 |
[24:05] | Yeah | 是啊 |
[24:09] | How did it make you feel Kendall, | 你是怎么感觉到肯德尔的, |
[24:11] | knowing that your mother was in her room with another man? | 知道你的母亲和另一个男人在她的房间里? |
[24:15] | I didn’t like it | 我不喜欢它 |
[24:16] | Did it make you angry? | 它让你生气了吗? |
[24:18] | Alright, I don’t think… | 好吧,我不认为…… |
[24:19] | Excuse me? | 打扰一下? |
[24:20] | We’re here to collect information | 我们在这里收集信息 |
[24:21] | We’re here so I can ask him some questions | 我们在这里,所以我可以问他一些问题 |
[24:23] | Okay look, I think we need to set some ground rules | 好吧,我想我们需要制定一些基本规则 |
[24:25] | -What ground rules? -Richard. | –什么基本规则? –理查德。 |
[24:26] | This is a homicide, | 这是一起凶杀案, |
[24:27] | we don’t set groundrules for interviews with suspects | 我们并没有为采访嫌疑犯设定基准 |
[24:29] | This is over! | 一切都结束了! |
[24:31] | lawyers in a room for a second | 律师在一个房间里一秒钟 |
[24:33] | If I’m in a room with him, he might get hurt! | 如果我和他在一个房间里,他可能会受伤! |
[24:35] | Quiet! We’re all gonna take a minute, | 安静!我们都会花一分钟, |
[24:37] | then the lawyers will meet | 那么律师会见面 |
[24:38] | I’m not meeting anyone | 我没有见过任何人 |
[24:39] | Eugene, we don’t owe you this. | 尤金,我们不欠你这个。 |
[24:40] | Let’s just do it! | 让我们来做吧! |
[24:44] | Mr. Arens, you’ve been listening to the doctors | 阿伦斯先生,你一直在听医生 |
[24:47] | discuss your current condition. | 讨论你目前的状况。 |
[24:49] | What do you think, are you mentally ill? | 你怎么看,你是精神病患者吗? |
[24:52] | Yes, I am | 对,我是 |
[24:54] | Do you suffer from the same disease today you did in 1979? | 今天你在1979年遭受同样的疾病吗? |
[24:58] | Yes, but I’m not sick anymore. | 是的,但我没有生病了。 |
[25:02] | I used to have hallucinations. | 我曾经有过幻觉。 |
[25:05] | I was afraid that people who tried to help me, were… | 我害怕试图帮助我的人是…… |
[25:10] | be nice to me, were actually out to hurt me. | 对我很好,实际上是为了伤害我。 |
[25:12] | Women mostly | 主要是女性 |
[25:14] | and that I had to hurt them first | 而且我必须先伤害他们 |
[25:17] | Is that what happened to those girls? | 那些女孩发生了什么事? |
[25:18] | Yes. There was so much noise in my head then, | 是。那时我的头脑里传来很多噪音, |
[25:24] | I couldn’t think clearly. | 我想不清楚。 |
[25:26] | But I can now. | 但我现在可以。 |
[25:29] | I know that what I did was horrible and unforgivable, | 我知道我做的事很可怕,不可原谅, |
[25:36] | I know that | 我知道 |
[25:38] | and I don’t ever wanna be ill like that again. | 我不想再那样生病。 |
[25:40] | But why should this jury have any sympathy for you at all? | 但为什么陪审团对你有任何同情? |
[25:43] | They shouldn’t. | 他们不应该。 |
[25:45] | I don’t deserve sympathy. | 我不配受到同情。 |
[25:47] | I’m not the victim. | 我不是受害者。 |
[25:51] | Those people | 那些人 |
[25:53] | they’re the victims | 他们是受害者 |
[25:55] | I murdered their daughter. | 我杀了他们的女儿。 |
[25:59] | But, I did so when suffering from a condition. | 但是,当我患有一种疾病时,我这样做了。 |
[26:04] | Mr. Arens, | 阿伦斯先生, |
[26:06] | tell us about this condition from your perspective | 从你的角度告诉我们这个情况 |
[26:11] | Well, as the doctors explained, | 那么,正如医生解释的那样, |
[26:13] | there’s a part of my brain called the emigdula (?), | 有一部分我的大脑叫做emigdula(?), |
[26:15] | that was over stimulated with brain chemicals, | 那是过度刺激大脑化学物质, |
[26:17] | making me hear and see things that didn’t exist | 让我听到并看到不存在的事物 |
[26:21] | Objection! Foundation, | 异议!基础, |
[26:23] | he’s giving a medical opinion | 他正在提供医学意见 |
[26:25] | Sustained | 持续 |
[26:26] | Just tell us what you felt Mr. Arens, in your words | 用你的话告诉我们你对Arens先生的感受 |
[26:30] | I would get these impulses, | 我会得到这些冲动, |
[26:34] | these overriding urges to hurt people. | 这些压倒一切的冲动要伤害人们。 |
[26:40] | I can’t explain it any better then that, I wish I could. | 我不能再解释它了,我希望我能做到。 |
[26:43] | All I can say is, | 我只能说, |
[26:44] | I couldn’t control them | 我无法控制他们 |
[26:46] | but with the medication I can. | 但用药可以。 |
[26:50] | And I have. | 我有。 |
[26:54] | You say you want to cooperate | 你说你想合作 |
[26:56] | then you ask him questions designed to elicit an incriminating response | 那么你问他的问题旨在引发有罪的回应 |
[26:59] | That was not what I was doing | 那不是我正在做的 |
[27:00] | Oh don’t give me that! | 哦,不要给我那个! |
[27:01] | Hey, look, we don’t have to continue this | 嘿,看,我们不必继续 |
[27:03] | In which case… | 在这种情况下… |
[27:04] | In which case nothing. | 在这种情况下什么都没有 |
[27:05] | Go ahead and arrest him, | 继续并逮捕他, |
[27:06] | that will only guarantee his silence | 那只会保证他的沉默 |
[27:07] | Look, here’s the problem here. | 看,这里是问题。 |
[27:09] | You need to make an arrest, | 你需要逮捕, |
[27:10] | you need to get a conviction, | 你需要得到一个信念, |
[27:12] | going after Kendall is the easiest way to accomplish that. | 追求肯德尔是最简单的方法来实现这一点。 |
[27:15] | So that’s how he becomes the focus | 所以这就是他如何成为焦点 |
[27:17] | Is that right? | 是对的吗? |
[27:18] | Damn right! Pick the easy target. | 太他妈正确了!选择简单的目标。 |
[27:19] | It was his bat, he was there | 这是他的蝙蝠,他在那里 |
[27:20] | How dare you | 你怎么敢 |
[27:21] | I know you | 我认识你 |
[27:22] | If I were picking easy targets, Eugene, | 如果我选择容易的目标,尤金, |
[27:24] | I would’ve gone after you! | 我会追求你的! |
[27:25] | What? | 什么? |
[27:26] | Come on! | 来吧! |
[27:27] | Your prints were on that bat. | 你的照片在那只蝙蝠上。 |
[27:28] | You were there too. | 你也在那里。 |
[27:30] | Come on, jealous husband, | 来吧,嫉妒的丈夫, |
[27:31] | ex-wife in bed with another man. | 前妻与另一名男子在床上。 |
[27:33] | Hey, let’s not forget about that temper, | 嘿,我们不要忘记那种脾气, |
[27:34] | you’ve beaten up your own clients, | 你打败了你自己的客户, |
[27:36] | you just threatened to hurt me three minutes ago. | 你刚刚在三分钟前威胁要伤害我。 |
[27:38] | Richard! | 理查德! |
[27:38] | You talk about easy targets. | 你谈论简单的目标。 |
[27:40] | I can try this thing in dead | 我可以在死亡中尝试这件事 |
[27:41] | and put the big black jealous husband on trial | 并将这位黑色嫉妒的大丈夫接受审判 |
[27:43] | and I would probably get my conviction. | 我可能会得到我的信念。 |
[27:45] | Don’t be accusing me of easy targets Eugene. | 不要指责我容易的目标尤金。 |
[27:49] | You’d be it! | 你会成为它! |
[27:50] | Opportunity, motive, black, prints on the weapon. | 机会,动机,黑色,武器。 |
[27:53] | You’d be it and I’d get you. | 你是这样,我会抓你。 |
[27:56] | Then come and get me, but leave my boy out of it | 来抓我吧,但让我的儿子离开 |
[28:11] | Mr. Arens, you once said to a fellow patient | 艾伦斯先生,你曾经对一位病人说过 |
[28:14] | I hope they never let me out because I’ll probably kill again | 我希望他们永远不要让我出去,因为我可能会再次杀人 |
[28:19] | That was before I started with the medication | 那是在我开始使用药物之前 |
[28:21] | Before you murdered Laurie Rapson, | 在你杀了Laurie Rapson之前, |
[28:23] | you first cut off both her hands… | 你先切断她的双手…… |
[28:24] | Objection! My client plead insanity | 异议!我的客户恳求疯狂 |
[28:26] | and was found insane at the time… | 并在当时被发现疯狂… |
[28:27] | Move to strike that | 移动罢工 |
[28:28] | I object… | 我反对… |
[28:34] | Alright, quiet! | 好,安静! |
[28:36] | Mr. Bullock, the purpose of this hearing | 布洛克先生,这次听证会的目的 |
[28:38] | is to determine the defendant’s current mental state | 是要确定被告目前的精神状态 |
[28:40] | And actions speak to that, your honor, | 行动对此说,法官阁下, |
[28:42] | even if they’re past act | 即使他们过去的行为 |
[28:43] | You’re talking about twenty years ago | 你在谈论二十年前 |
[28:45] | Ms. Dole, your objection is sustained. | 多尔女士,你的反对意见是持续的。 |
[28:48] | Mr. Bullock, do not revisit the horrors of Mr. Arens’ crimes | 布洛克先生,不要再回顾阿伦斯先生犯罪的恐怖 |
[28:53] | Mr. Arens, do these pills you take your medication, | 阿伦斯先生,你服用这些药片吗? |
[28:57] | do they affect your conscience? | 他们影响你的良心吗? |
[29:02] | My conscience? | 我的良知? |
[29:04] | Yes, does this clozapine affect it? | 是的,这种氯氮平会影响吗? |
[29:09] | I can’t say that it does. | 我不能说它,确实如此。 |
[29:11] | I don’t think it would | 我不认为会 |
[29:12] | And the psychosis that you had, | 而你的精神病, |
[29:14] | was this a permanent thing or would it hit you in stages? | 这是一个永久的事情还是会分阶段的? |
[29:17] | The latter. | 后者。 |
[29:19] | Most of the time I was fine | 大部分时间我都很好 |
[29:21] | and then suddenly I would get the paranoid impulses | 然后突然间我会得到偏执狂的冲动 |
[29:26] | So in between these killings | 所以在这些杀戮之间 |
[29:29] | you would go back to your normal self. | 你会回到正常的自我。 |
[29:31] | The self that you resemble today, is that right? | 你今天的自我,是吗? |
[29:34] | I don’t know, I guess so | 我不知道,我想是的 |
[29:37] | Then why, during these periods of normalcy, | 那么为什么在这些正常的时期, |
[29:42] | after you had killed somebody, | 在你杀了人之后, |
[29:44] | cut off hands, committed torture. | 切断双手,承担酷刑。 |
[29:46] | Why didn’t you turn yourself in to the police | 你为什么不把自己交给警察? |
[29:49] | before the next bout of paranoia hit you? | 在下一次的偏执狂打击你之前? |
[29:52] | He’s asking medical questions! | 他在问医学问题! |
[29:53] | I am not! | 我不是! |
[29:55] | I’ll allow it | 我会允许的 |
[29:56] | You said yourself that these pills probably don’t affect conscience. | 你自己说过这些药可能不会影响良知。 |
[30:01] | We’re dealing with the same conscience now | 我们现在正在处理同样的良知 |
[30:04] | as we were then | 就像我们当时那样 |
[30:05] | and then in between these stages of psychosis | 然后在这些精神病阶段之间 |
[30:10] | you didn’t turn yourself in, Mr. Arens, | 阿伦斯先生,你没有自首, |
[30:13] | knowing there might be another victim | 知道可能还有另一个受害者 |
[30:23] | It was racist! | 这是种族主义! |
[30:24] | It was not racist. I was just telling him… | 这不是种族主义。我只是在告诉他… |
[30:27] | You’re talking about going after him because he’s a big black man. | 你说的是追求他,因为他是个黑人。 |
[30:29] | That’s not racist? | 这不是种族主义? |
[30:30] | I was speaking statistically | 我在统计上讲 |
[30:31] | Come on! | 来吧! |
[30:32] | He accused me of going after the easy targets, | 他指责我追求轻松的目标, |
[30:34] | I was telling him statistically he would be the easiest target | 我在统计上告诉他他会是最容易的目标 |
[30:37] | Yes! Because he’s big and black! | 是!因为他大而黑! |
[30:38] | Yes, but that makes me a pragmatic, Helen. | 是的,但这让我变得务实,海伦。 |
[30:41] | Not a racist | 不是种族主义者 |
[30:41] | Well then you’re a dangerous, twisted pragmatist! | 那么你是一个危险的,扭曲的实用主义者! |
[30:43] | By the way, are you sure he didn’t do it? | 顺便问一下,你确定他没有这样做吗? |
[30:46] | I mean did you even take one half of one half of a second to ask yourself | 我的意思是你甚至花了半秒半的时间问自己 |
[30:49] | No! | 没有! |
[30:50] | Why? Because he’s your friend | 为什么?因为他是你的朋友 |
[30:52] | or because you’re just afraid of being called a racist | 或者因为你害怕被称为种族主义者 |
[30:55] | If you weren’t so little, | 如果你不是那么小, |
[30:57] | I’d beat the crap out of you right now | 我现在打败你 |
[30:59] | Get out! | 出去! |
[31:00] | It’s my office! | 这是我的办公室! |
[31:07] | Ow! Son of a bitch! | 噢!王八蛋! |
[31:09] | Sorry. | 抱歉。 |
[31:10] | We just got preliminary results back from the lab. | 我们刚刚从实验室获得了初步结果。 |
[31:13] | We’re ready to make an arrest | 我们准备逮捕 |
[31:20] | A few months ago, I was stabbed. | 几个月前,我被刺伤了。 |
[31:25] | I almost died | 我差点死了 |
[31:26] | and for a while the person who did it was out there at large. | 有一段时间,做这件事的人一直在外面。 |
[31:30] | And I can’t even begin to tell you the… | 我甚至不能开始告诉你…… |
[31:35] | I can’t even begin to tell you. | 我甚至无法开始告诉你。 |
[31:39] | The man who stabbed me, | 那个刺我的男人, |
[31:41] | he’s dead now | 他现在已经死了 |
[31:43] | and I’m glad. | 我很高兴。 |
[31:45] | Those people | 那些人 |
[31:46] | perhaps they wish for my client’s death, | 也许他们希望我的客户去世, |
[31:49] | it’s natural. | 这很自然。 |
[31:51] | But today’s trial, | 但今天的审判, |
[31:52] | it’s not about vengeance and it’s not about retributions | 这不是关于复仇,而是关于报复 |
[31:55] | and it’s not about forgiveness either. | 这也不是宽恕。 |
[31:57] | Like every trial, it’s about the rule of law. | 就像每一个审判一样,这是关于法治。 |
[32:03] | Walter Arens was found not guilty by reason of insanity | 沃尔特阿伦斯因精神错乱而被判无罪 |
[32:07] | and accordingly institutionalized for the duration of his mental illness. | 并因此在精神疾病期间制度化。 |
[32:10] | The un-contraverted medical opinion before you today | 今天在你面前的非相反的医学意见 |
[32:13] | is that the insanity is over. | 是疯狂结束了。 |
[32:15] | Through medication Mr. Arens is well again | 通过药物艾伦斯先生再次变得很好 |
[32:19] | and under the rule of law | 并根据法治 |
[32:21] | that means he must be released. | 这意味着他必须被释放。 |
[32:23] | You don’t have to like that, | 你不必那样, |
[32:24] | you don’t have to agree with the law. | 你不必同意法律。 |
[32:26] | But you did assume an obligation | 但你确实承担了义务 |
[32:28] | when you were sworn in as jurors that you would uphold it. | 当你宣誓作为陪审员时,你会坚持它。 |
[32:32] | He’s not cured. | 他没有治愈。 |
[32:34] | He is just not symptomatic as long as he takes his pills. | 只要他服用了他的药,他就没有症状。 |
[32:38] | Just like an alcoholic isn’t drunk so long as he doesn’t drink. | 就像酒鬼不喝酒一样,只要他不喝酒。 |
[32:42] | But who’s to say, what if he falls of that wagon? | 但是谁能说呢,如果他跌倒那辆旅行车呢? |
[32:46] | What if he doesn’t take his pills | 如果他不服用他的药会怎么办? |
[32:48] | or what if after years and years of use | 或者如果使用多年和多年后会发生什么 |
[32:51] | he builds up an immunity to the medication | 他建立了对药物的免疫力 |
[32:53] | and it’s no longer effective? | 它不再有效? |
[32:56] | There are questions here | 这里有问题 |
[32:59] | and in answering them, | 并在回答他们时, |
[33:02] | who do you give the benefit of the doubt to? | 谁给你怀疑的好处? |
[33:06] | Him, the man who gutted five teenage girls? | 他,这个杀了五个十几岁女孩的男人? |
[33:10] | Oh yes, in the controlled environment of Dunsmere | 哦,是的,在Dunsmere的受控环境中 |
[33:14] | he is behaved, gentle, civil. | 他表现得很温和,很公平。 |
[33:18] | Does that guarantee us | 这是否保证我们 |
[33:21] | that when we put him back out there with changed stimuli, | 当我们把他放回那里时受刺激改变了, |
[33:27] | with the pressures of having to work for a living, | 面临着为谋生与工作的压力, |
[33:30] | does any of us really know what will happen? | 我们中的任何人是否真的知道会发生什么? |
[33:36] | Oh yes, let’s trade on fear. | 哦,是的,让我们变得恐惧。 |
[33:39] | Let’s be safe. | 让我们安全。 |
[33:39] | Let’s give the benefit of the doubt to the people. | 让我们给人民带来怀疑的好处。 |
[33:41] | That makes sense, doesn’t it? | 这很有道理,不是吗? |
[33:43] | But following that, | 但在此之后, |
[33:44] | we shouldn’t let epileptics drive cars should we? | 我们不应该让癫痫病驾驶汽车,我们应该? |
[33:46] | So what medication can control seizures. | 那么什么药物可以控制癫痫发作。 |
[33:49] | Let’s play it safe, better safe then sorry. | 让我们安全地玩,更安全,然后抱歉。 |
[33:52] | While we’re at it, | 虽然我们在这, |
[33:52] | why don’t we round up all of the HIV positive kids | 为什么我们不把所有艾滋病毒阳性的孩子都聚集起来? |
[33:54] | and get them out of the schools. | 并把他们赶出学校。 |
[33:57] | Once we start going down the better safe then sorry road. | 一旦我们开始走下更安全,然后抱歉的道路。 |
[34:03] | But that’s not the issue | 但这不是问题 |
[34:06] | and you’re not congress men deciding what should be the law. | 你不是国会议员决定什么是法律。 |
[34:08] | You’re jurors obligated to uphold it | 你是陪审员有义务维护它 |
[34:11] | and the law once again says: | 法律再次说: |
[34:15] | if he is now sane, he should be released. | 如果他现在健康,他应该被释放。 |
[34:18] | And I maintain, | 我保持, |
[34:20] | anybody who can torture, who murders. | 任何可以折磨,谁谋杀的人。 |
[34:25] | He’s not sane. | 他不理智。 |
[34:27] | Whatever thing inside him that made him do those things, | 无论他内心有什么让他做这些事的东西, |
[34:31] | it’s still in there however controlled by drugs. | 它仍然在那里,但受药物控制。 |
[34:35] | We are talking about a depraved killer | 我们正在谈论一个堕落的杀手 |
[34:39] | and when you go back into that room | 当你回到那个房间 |
[34:42] | you had better ask yourselves. | 你最好问自己。 |
[34:47] | How are you gonna feel if he kills again? | 你如何感受有人会再次被杀死? |
[35:05] | Where’s Kendall? | 肯德尔在哪里? |
[35:06] | In my office with Sharon. What? | 在我的办公室与沙龙。什么? |
[35:08] | The blonde hair. DNA drew consistent match with the guy | 金色的头发。脱氧核糖核酸吸引人与一致的比赛 |
[35:11] | What guy? | 什么人? |
[35:12] | Kasner! | 卡斯纳! |
[35:13] | The one who’s been having beef with Turnbull, the victim? | 那个和受害者Turnbull一起吃牛肉的人? |
[35:15] | He was in the bedroom Eugene. | 他在尤金的卧室里。 |
[35:17] | Kasner went into that bedroom! | 卡斯纳走进卧室! |
[35:19] | Wait a minute, if he was in the bedroom… | 等一下,如果他在卧室里… |
[35:21] | They also found splatterings of Turnbull’s blood in Kasner’s car. | 他们还在卡斯纳的车里发现了特恩布尔的血迹。 |
[35:23] | The police just arrested him | 警方逮捕了他 |
[35:25] | He went in while Sharon was in the shower? | 沙龙在洗澡的时候他进去了吗? |
[35:27] | That’s what they think. | 这就是他们的想法。 |
[35:28] | He went into the front door, | 他走进前门, |
[35:29] | he saw the bat, | 他看到了蝙蝠, |
[35:29] | grabbed it and went right into the room | 抓住它,并进入房间 |
[35:36] | It was Kasner! It was his hair in the bedroom! | 这是Kasner!这是他的卧室里的头发! |
[35:38] | They found blood in his car. | 他们在车里发现了血迹。 |
[35:40] | The police just arrested him | 警方逮捕了他 |
[35:41] | and it’s over! | 它结束了! |
[35:42] | Oh my God! | 哦,我的上帝! |
[35:43] | I told you. | |
[35:47] | I told you | 我告诉过你 |
[35:48] | I told you. | 我告诉过你。 |
[35:49] | Yes you did. Yes you did | 是的,你做到了。是的,你做到了 |
[35:51] | It’s over | 结束了 |
[35:52] | I told you | 我告诉过你 |
[35:53] | I told you. I told you. | 我告诉过你。我告诉过你。 |
[36:13] | Already? They weren’t out five minutes | 真的?他们没有出去五分钟 |
[36:16] | Three minutes and fifty five seconds | 三分五十五秒 |
[36:21] | Can we even call that a deliberation? | 我们甚至可以说这是一个审议? |
[36:24] | Well, | 好, |
[36:27] | I’m sorry. | 对不起。 |
[36:29] | Hey maybe they’ll surprise us | 嘿,也许他们会让我们吃惊 |
[36:34] | Yeah | 是啊 |
[36:49] | Members of the jury, have you reached a verdict? | 陪审团成员,你是否做出判决? |
[36:51] | Yes, your honor | 是的,法官 |
[36:53] | How say you? | 你怎么说? |
[36:55] | In Ray Arens, we the jury find in favor of the petitioner | 在Ray Arens,我们陪审团赞成假释 |
[37:10] | We won. You’ll be released | 我们赢了。你会被释放 |
[37:15] | You’re gonna be free | 你自由了 |
[37:37] | How you’re doing? | 你怎么样? |
[37:39] | I’m okay | 我很好 |
[37:44] | Where’s Kendall? | 肯德尔在哪里? |
[37:45] | He’s upstairs. I think he’s okay | 他在楼上。我认为他没事了 |
[37:51] | I thought maybe you guys oughta get out of the house for a few days. | 我想也许你们应该走出家门几天。 |
[37:54] | Stay with me or friends whatever | 随时和我或朋友在一起 |
[37:58] | I think we’re okay here | 我认为我们在这里没问题 |
[38:02] | Okay | 好的 |
[38:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢。 |
[38:09] | We never would’ve gone through this without… | 我们永远不会经历这个… |
[38:12] | Yeah. | 是啊。 |
[38:16] | Call me if you need anything okay | 打电话给我,如果你需要什么好的 |
[38:18] | I will. I will | 我会。我会 |
[38:20] | Okay. | 好的。 |
[38:30] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[38:33] | No. | 没有。 |
[38:37] | I had to look my son in the eye and ask him if | 我不得不看着我的儿子的眼睛,问他是否 |
[38:43] | Sharon, I couldn’t know he didn’t do it. | |
[38:48] | I…I’m just not as connected to him | 我……我只是没有和他交流 |
[38:51] | as much as I used to be | 就像我以前一样 |
[38:55] | Eugene, we both had to ask. | 尤金,我们都必须问。 |
[39:00] | Not because we doubted him so much as the circumstances. | 并不是因为我们怀疑他如此多的情况。 |
[39:06] | We both had to at least ask. | 我们都至少要问一问。 |
[39:12] | I just wish I was here more for him | 我只是希望我在这里陪他更多时间 |
[39:21] | I do too | 我也是 |
[39:52] | So he’s on the street. Free to hum again | 所以他在街上。可以再次哼哼 |
[39:54] | He gets transferred to a non secured facility | 他被转移到非安全区 |
[39:57] | Non secured, that means he’s free | 不安全,这意味着他是自由的 |
[39:59] | Hey don’t attack me! | 嘿,不要攻击我! |
[40:00] | Why not? You put him out there | 为什么不?你把他放在那里 |
[40:02] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗? |
[40:02] | Rebecca! | 丽贝卡! |
[40:03] | If somebody brutally kills, they should go to prison. | 如果有人惨遭杀害,他们应该入狱。 |
[40:06] | If they’re nuts, they go to a mental hospital. | 如果他们疯了,他们会去精神病院。 |
[40:08] | Either way they should stay there | 无论哪种方式,他们应该呆在那里 |
[40:12] | You should be a D.A. | 你应该是一个D.A. |
[40:13] | Don’t think I haven’t thought of that | 不要以为我没有想到这一点 |
[40:15] | Why do I always get all the terrible phone calls? Lindsay | 为什么我总是接到所有可怕的电话?林赛 |
[40:20] | Hello | 你好 |
[40:30] | He’s over there | 他在那边 |
[40:32] | What happened? | 发生了什么? |
[40:33] | Held up a gas station attendant at knife point | 他一直在站着 |
[40:44] | Walter? | 沃尔特? |
[40:46] | I wanna go back | 我想回去 |
[40:47] | What do you mean you wanna go back? | 你是什么意思你想回去? |
[40:49] | The things the D.A. said, they just keep ringing in my head | 检察官所说的,它们一直在我的脑海中响起 |
[40:52] | You mean like voices? | 你的意思是像声音? |
[40:54] | No, not voices Lindsay. | 不,不是声音Lindsay。 |
[40:55] | The things he said. | 他说的话。 |
[40:56] | What if changed circumstances do make a difference? | 如果改变的环境确实会有此情况出现 |
[41:00] | What if I build up an immunity to clozapine | 如果我对氯氮平具有免疫力,该怎么办? |
[41:03] | or what if God forbid, | 或者如果上帝禁止, |
[41:04] | what if a pharmacist should screw up | 如果药剂师搞砸了怎么办? |
[41:06] | and not give me the right medication or dosage? | 不给我正确的药物或剂量? |
[41:08] | And what he said about my conscience, | 而他对我所说的关于良知的话, |
[41:11] | why didn’t I turn myself in between my bouts of paranoia? | 为什么我没有把自己放在两次妄想症之间? |
[41:15] | I don’t want to be out on the street like some loose cannon. | 我不敢在街上走。 |
[41:17] | Ok. Slow down | 好。慢一点 |
[41:18] | They won’t take me back unless I do something. | 除非我做点什么,否则他们不会带我回来。 |
[41:20] | Now I have | 我现在有 |
[41:24] | Did you commit this crime so you’d be returned to Dunsmere? | 你犯了这个罪行,所以你会回到邓斯米尔吗? |
[41:28] | What if the chemicals change in my brain again, Lindsay? | Lindsay,如果我的大脑里的化学物质再次发生变化呢? |
[41:32] | I shouldn’t be out here | 我不应该在这里 |
[41:36] | Walter, | 沃尔特 |
[41:40] | one of the reasons I took this case, | 我采取这种情况的原因之一, |
[41:43] | I wanted to prove to myself that | 我想向自己证明这一点 |
[41:47] | I was stronger than my fear. | 我感觉我会更强大 |
[41:53] | Now you have to prove it to yourself | 现在你必须证明自己 |
[41:58] | I murdered five people. | 我杀了五个人。 |
[42:01] | Send me back! | 送我回去! |