时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | Lindsay, thank you so much for coming. | Linsay 谢谢你能过来 |
[00:42] | You want me to wait here? | 你需要我留在这里吗 |
[00:44] | No. | 不用了 |
[00:52] | Well, so much for a better life awaits me at California, uh? | 看来加州的生活也不怎么了 |
[00:55] | I don’t know if I can help you, Dennis.. | 我不知道我能不能帮上忙 Dennis |
[00:57] | You are the only person I can think of. | 你没有什么想法吗 |
[00:59] | As I told you on the phone there’s probably not a lot of… | 就像我电话里说的 没有太多的 |
[01:02] | Your lawyers have already tried. | 你在电话里听起来就像 |
[01:04] | But I didn’t do it. | – 你的律师尝试了 – 不是我干的 |
[01:08] | OK. | 好的 |
[01:10] | And my lawyer, he is now telling me to consider pleading out to murder two | 我的律师让我考虑接受二级谋杀罪 |
[01:14] | I admit. I don’t know that much about your case. | 我承认我不是很了解你的案件 |
[01:17] | But they found her body in your car. | 但是 尸体是在你的车里发现的 |
[01:20] | I was framed, Lindsay. | 我是被陷害的 Linsay |
[01:22] | I didn’t even know that woman. | 我不认识那个女人 |
[01:24] | I’m also told they have letters from you to her. | 我还听说你给她写过信 |
[01:26] | Emails. | 那是邮件 我们在同一间聊天室 |
[01:27] | We were in the same chat room. | 那是邮件 我们在同一间聊天室 |
[01:29] | But I’ve never met her in person. | 但是我从没真的见过她 |
[01:31] | Well, a week before the trial, | 离庭审只剩下一个星期 |
[01:37] | I really don’t think I can help you. | 我觉得我真帮不了你 |
[01:40] | You came across country, | 你飞过整个国家 |
[01:41] | why would you do that if you don’t think you could help? | 如果你觉得帮不了我 为什么这样大费周章 |
[01:44] | I guess because you sound desperate. | 我估计 因为 你听起来很绝望 |
[01:49] | I realized we don’t know each other very well. | 我知道我们只是萍水相逢 |
[01:53] | For whatever reason I trust you. | 但是我莫名地信任你 |
[01:59] | Could you just look at the file? | 你可不可以看看我的案件 |
[02:02] | Talk to my lawyer? | 和我的律师谈谈 |
[02:04] | I did not kill that woman. | 我没有杀那个女人 |
[02:06] | I never met that woman. | 我从没见过那个女人 |
[02:08] | I am an innocent man. | 我是无辜的 |
[02:09] | And if I lose the trail, | 如果我输了 |
[02:11] | I’m looking at a death penalty. | 我将会被判死刑 |
[03:06] | I’m sorry , I don’t understand. | 不好意思 我无法理解 |
[03:08] | she flies half way across the world? | 她横跨半个地球 |
[03:11] | She says she doesn’t even know him that good. | 她说根本就不怎么认识那个人 |
[03:13] | They took an art class together last year. | 他们去年一起上过一节艺术课 |
[03:14] | And on this… | 那现在呢 我还能说什么 她觉得必须走一趟 |
[03:15] | What can I say? She felt compelled to go. | 那现在呢 我还能说什么 她觉得必须走一趟 |
[03:17] | I said the same things to her that you’re saying to me. | 你们现在跟我说的 我都跟她说过 |
[03:19] | Is she going to try the case? | 这个案件会上庭受审吗 |
[03:21] | She’s just meeting with his lawyer. | 她只是和律师见个面 |
[03:22] | She flies half way… | 她横跨半个 Jimmy |
[03:23] | Jimmy! | 她横跨半个 Jimmy |
[03:24] | Hey, there’s not like an old boyfriend out there or something, is there? | 应该不会是个老情人吧 |
[03:29] | Look, I get paid to ask hard questions. | 嘿 我的职责就是提出尴尬的问题 |
[03:31] | She’s just meeting with his lawyer. | 她只是去见见那个人的律师 |
[03:33] | When she gets back, you could all grill her as you’re grilling me. | 等她回来 你们就能像现在这样来审问她了 |
[03:48] | Is he hiring you? | 他雇用你为他的律师吗 |
[03:49] | I’m not looking to take over. | 我没有想接手案件 |
[03:51] | I’m just helping out a friend. | 我只是帮个朋友 |
[03:52] | Well, it’s not good. | 情况很不利 |
[03:55] | They found the body in the back of his car . | 在他的车厢里发现尸体 |
[03:57] | The murder weapon buried in some rags in his garage. | 凶器在车库的废物堆里找到 |
[04:00] | Evidence of emails correspondence. | 还有两人通信的证据 |
[04:02] | He’s claiming he was framed. | 他说他是被陷害的 |
[04:04] | Yeah, well, all I can tell you is, | 我只能说如果他是被陷害的 |
[04:05] | if he was framed, it was done with meticulous detail. | 凶手的局设得无比谨慎细致 |
[04:08] | I should hire whoever did it to organize things around here. | 我应该聘用这个细致的凶手来帮我整理这里的东西 |
[04:12] | You think he is guilty. | 你觉得他就是凶手 是吧 |
[04:14] | ** a long time ago to leave my personal opinions out of the mix, | 我很久以前就学会不要受到个人想法的干扰 |
[04:18] | I would say the evidence leads me to believe he is guilty. | 我会说证据让我相信他就是凶手 |
[04:21] | But I do agree | 但是我同意 |
[04:22] | it’s difficult to reconcile the facts with my sense of the man. | 很难区分事实和我对这个人的看法 |
[04:27] | Are these the files on the case? | – 这是案件的文件吗 |
[04:29] | No, that’s an antitrust matter. | – 不是 这是反托拉斯的案件 |
[04:31] | It’s boring as I can. | 无聊的案件 |
[04:34] | Here’s Dennis’ file here. | Dennis的案件在这里 |
[04:39] | I’m actually on my way to court this afternoon. | 我下午就要去法庭 |
[04:42] | I’m trying buy a little more time. | 争取更多备案时间 |
[04:45] | He really went to town on her. | 下手很重啊 |
[04:51] | She was pretty. | – 她很漂亮 |
[04:53] | Very. | – 非常漂亮 |
[04:56] | Who’s this? | – 这是谁 |
[04:58] | That’s Dennis’ wife. | – Dennis的老婆 |
[04:59] | What’s her take? | 她什么看法 |
[05:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:03] | Do I believe he could murder somebody? | 我觉得他有可能杀人吗 |
[05:06] | No. | 我觉得这不可能 |
[05:07] | But if you would ask me could I believe my husband would have an affair, | 但是如果你问我老公有可能有外遇吗 |
[05:11] | I would have said no to that as well. | 我也会说不可能 |
[05:13] | I guess my take would be | 我觉得我的看法可能是 |
[05:19] | I’m still in a state of total confusion. | 我现在脑子还是很混乱 |
[05:23] | From what I understand, | 据我了解 |
[05:25] | your husband claims it was just an emailed affair. | 你丈夫说这段外遇是邮件来往而已 |
[05:29] | There was no physical… | 没有身体上的 |
[05:30] | That’s what he told me too . | 他也是这样跟我说的 但是警方证明他去过她的屋子 |
[05:31] | But they can prove he was at her house, Ms. Dole. | 他也是这样跟我说的 但是警方证明他去过她的屋子 |
[05:34] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[05:35] | His prints were found in her house. | 被害人屋子里发现他的指纹 |
[05:42] | No. I was never there. Never. | 我从来没有去过那里 |
[05:45] | And how did your fingerprints… | – 那你指纹如何 |
[05:46] | I don’t know. | – 我不知道! |
[05:48] | Don’t scream at me, Dennis. | 别对我大喊大叫 Dennis |
[05:53] | They found my fingerprints on objects, | 他们在物体上发现指纹 |
[05:56] | things that can be moved. | 可移动的物体上 |
[05:58] | Her eyeglasses, things personal to her, | 她的眼镜 |
[06:00] | things you had to have handled… | 这是私人物品 你必须碰过的 |
[06:01] | Listen to me. | – 听着 – 不 你给我听着 |
[06:02] | No, you listen. | – 听着 – 不 你给我听着 |
[06:03] | Don’t be snapping at me like my question is some kind of betrayal. | 不要觉得我的提问是在背叛怀疑你 |
[06:06] | We don’t really know each other, Dennis. | 我们根本不认识对方 Dennis |
[06:08] | We took class together. | 我们一起上过课 |
[06:10] | We talked to each other two nights a week over a three month period. | 三个月里每个星期只有两晚 我们才说过话 |
[06:13] | I don’t really know you at all. | 我根本不认识你 |
[06:15] | So I’ll ask my questions, | 我可以问我的问题 |
[06:17] | or I’ll get right back on the plane. | 或者登上回去的飞机 |
[06:20] | I was never in that woman’s house. | 我从没去过那个女人的屋子 |
[06:25] | I did not kill her. | 我没有杀她 |
[06:43] | Exactly why did you call me? | 你究竟为什么打电话叫我过来 |
[06:47] | You said that your greatest strength as a lawyer | 你说作为律师 |
[06:51] | was that you could read people, | 你最大的长处是你能把人看穿 |
[06:53] | in depositions, on witness chairs | 在书面取证时 在证人席上 |
[06:56] | you said that you could look into them | 你说你能够看着他们的眼睛 |
[06:59] | and see if they were truthful. | 就知道他们是否说谎 |
[07:02] | Look into me, Lindsay. | 那你看着我的眼睛 Linsay |
[07:06] | I know that my lawyer doesn’t believe me | 我知道我的律师不相信我 |
[07:09] | and maybe even my wife, she has doubts. I… | 可能我的老婆也怀疑我 |
[07:17] | I called you because I need somebody who… | 我打给你是因为我需要 |
[07:24] | look into me, Lindsay. | 一个人来与我对视 从而知道我是无辜的 |
[07:42] | I’m a little shocked actually. | – 我有点惊讶 |
[07:43] | I really won’t take much of your time. | – 我不会占用你很多时间的 |
[07:45] | Less of it than you’d hoped, Miss Dole. | 我不会让你久留的 |
[07:47] | You really expect me to cooperate with someone | 你是要帮杀害我老婆的人的 |
[07:49] | trying to help the man who murdered my wife? | 你真的希望我会合作吗 |
[07:51] | I don’t believe Dennis Mills committed the crime. | 我觉得真正的凶手不是Dennis Mills |
[07:55] | You don’t. | 你觉得他不是凶手 |
[07:57] | And so is this a altruistic visit | 那你是来帮我咯 |
[07:59] | or did he perhaps hire you? | – 他雇你为他的律师吗 |
[08:01] | He hired me. I won’t lie. But I… | – 他雇佣我了 对此我不会说谎 |
[08:03] | It very nice to meet you. | – 你能承认很好 |
[08:04] | Mr. Kingman! | – Kingman先生 |
[08:04] | Just for my own education, | 你能否告诉我 |
[08:06] | how is it people like you manage to sleep at night? | 像你这样的人夜里怎能安心入睡 |
[08:08] | -If I… -You accept money for murderers | 为了编造合理怀疑 |
[08:10] | for the purpose of manufacturing reasonable doubt. | 你接收杀人犯的钱 |
[08:15] | What happens when you succeed? | 你赢了之后会干嘛 |
[08:16] | Do you then go out and celebrate with your client? | 和你的委托人庆祝吗 |
[08:20] | Encourage him to recommend you to his friends, | 让他把你推荐给他的朋友吗 |
[08:22] | so should they go out and kill, you stand ready and able with your services? | 如果他们杀人了 好让你做好充分准备吗 |
[08:27] | You don’t know me, Mr. Kingman. | 你并不了解我 Kingman先生 |
[08:30] | You are soliciting the widower of the victim. | 你在征求死者丈夫的支持 |
[08:34] | I know enough. | 我了解得够多了 |
[08:37] | Now, please get out. | 现在 请你离开 |
[08:46] | Your honor, this is just another delay. The people… | 法官阁下 他又要一次延期 大家 |
[08:49] | Forgive me for not wanting to rush to a capital case. | 死刑案件需要充分准备 请原谅 |
[08:52] | Let me remind the court the people are seeking a death penalty here. | 请让我向法庭重申 被告面临着死刑 |
[08:56] | They might want to execute my client on schedule. | 对方可能想要按时处死我的委托人 |
[08:59] | But before that, let’s at least pause to be thrill. | 为了考虑周全 我们需要停下来 |
[09:02] | I doubt it would insult the process, your honor. | 这对执法过程没有影响 法官阁下 |
[09:04] | Mr. Jacobs, step up here. | Jacobs先生 |
[09:11] | You have come into my courtroom six times | 请上前来 |
[09:13] | for the exclusive purpose of seeking a continuance | 你六次来到我的法庭 以准备不足为由申请延期 |
[09:16] | every motion brought for the same reason you’ve not been ready. | 每次动议都以准备不足为由 |
[09:19] | Not that there’re new developments, | 不是案情有新进展 |
[09:21] | not that the witnesses were unavailable, | 不是证人无法出庭 |
[09:23] | not that you’re in ailing health. | 也不是你身体不适 |
[09:25] | Only that you’re not ready. | 全都是你准备不足 |
[09:26] | The last time what did I tell you, Mr. Jacobs? | Jacobs先生 上次我跟你说过什么 |
[09:32] | If you don’t remember, check the notice from the court | 如果你忘了 |
[09:34] | which memorialize the proceeding. | 请查看法庭记录 上面写了诉讼程序 |
[09:36] | I ordered no further continuances. | 我下令禁止再次申请延期 |
[09:40] | Was I too subtle, Mr. Jacobs? | Jacobs先生 是我说得太委婉了吗 |
[09:42] | No, your honor, | 不是的 法官阁下 |
[09:43] | but given the severity of the charges, I beg the court’s indulgece… | 但是考虑到案件的严重性 我恳求法庭 |
[09:47] | Given the severity of the charges, | 考虑到案件的严重性 |
[09:48] | you should have walked in here prepared, | 你应该准备充足再出庭 |
[09:51] | like you should’ve done the time before last and the time before that. | – 并且你应该早就准备充足才对 – 法官阁下 |
[09:54] | Your honor. | 本庭决定不再通过你的申请 延期动议驳回 |
[09:54] | The court is through with indulging you, consel, | 本庭决定不再通过你的申请 |
[09:56] | motion for continuance denied. | 延期动议驳回 |
[09:58] | This trail begins on Thursday. | 庭审周三开始 |
[10:00] | Yes, your honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[10:09] | Six continuances? | 六次申请延期 |
[10:11] | Look, you don’t just show up and win a murder case. | 听着 你以为你一出现就能赢谋杀案吗 |
[10:14] | I understand. | 我理解 不是我挑刺 |
[10:14] | But not to be critical, Mr. Jacobs. | 我理解 不是我挑刺 |
[10:16] | but from what I saw, the files look terribly developed. | 我觉得文件已经准备非常充分了 |
[10:19] | Please, I just got my ass chewed off by rube judge. | 我刚刚才被一个兔子一样的法官羞辱一顿 |
[10:23] | I don’t need it nibbled on by you. | 我不用你再来羞辱我 |
[10:24] | I’m only asking whether… | – 我只是想问 |
[10:25] | If you would like to take this case over, be my guest. | – 如果你想要接手 欢迎 |
[10:28] | As you just heard, I don’t have much time. | 你刚刚也听到了 我时间很紧 |
[10:30] | And I don’t think it’s in Dennis Mills’ best interest | 你这样数落我 |
[10:33] | for you to be slowing me down. | 是在损害Dennis的利益 |
[10:36] | May I ask just one more question? | 我可以再问一个问题吗 |
[10:41] | Is your antitrust case coming up for trial? | 你的反托拉斯案件要上庭了吗 |
[10:50] | How long have you known this guy? | 你认识这个律师多久了 |
[10:51] | Forever. | 很久了 他是亲戚的朋友 |
[10:52] | He’s been a friend of the family | 很久了 他是亲戚的朋友 |
[10:54] | and he has a reputation for being a great litigator. | 他是个著名的诉讼律师 |
[10:56] | Yes, well, he has a muti-million dollar | 他在二月有一场涉及上百万美元的软件反托拉斯案件 |
[10:58] | software antitrust trial slated for Feburary. | |
[11:01] | And something tells me that’s where all of his focuse is. | 我觉得他一直专注于那个案件了 |
[11:03] | He is looking at your case simple, simple that you did it. | 他对你的案件想法很简单 就是你杀人了 |
[11:06] | That’s why he’s pushing for murder two. | 所以他希望你接受二级谋杀 |
[11:08] | In my opinion, you need to switch attorneys. | 我的意见是 你需要换律师 |
[11:11] | Well, can you do it? | 那你能做我的律师吗 |
[11:14] | One week, there’s…there’s no way I can get up to speed. | 只剩一星期 我绝对不可能赶上进度 |
[11:16] | But I’m sure there’re otheres that…. | – 我肯定其它 |
[11:18] | I want you. | – 我想要你 |
[11:18] | Dennis, there’re plenty of criminal defense attorneys out, here… | Dennis 有那么多刑事律师 |
[11:21] | You believe I’m innocent. | 你相信我是无辜的 |
[11:22] | I want you. | 我想要你当我律师 |
[11:23] | You don’t know what I believe, so… | – 你不知道我什么想法 |
[11:24] | I can read people too, Lindsay. | – 我也能看穿人的想法 Linsay |
[11:27] | You know I didn’t do this. | 你知道我是无辜的 |
[11:29] | There’s no way I could be ready to do this in a week. | 我真的没法在一周内做好准备 |
[11:35] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:36] | Well, couldn’t you maybe get somebody to help you? | 那你能不能找人来帮你呢 |
[11:52] | I’m so willing to go to California. | 我一直都梦想着去加州啊 |
[11:54] | Yes, Lucy, you’ve been saying that for the last five hours. | 是啊 Lucy 你都说了五个小时了 |
[11:56] | This isn’t a vocation. | 我们不是来放假的 |
[11:57] | Can this guy afford all of us? | 这个人付得起我们所有人的律师费吗 |
[11:59] | -Not that it’s my worry, I’m not a **. -Hi. | 虽然这轮不到我担心 我又不是合伙人 |
[12:01] | You’re my hero. | 你简直是我的女神 |
[12:02] | I’ve always wanted to come here. | 我一直想来这里 |
[12:04] | -Lucy, -Lucy. | 我准备好三间相邻房间 |
[12:05] | I’ve got three ** rooms, I’ve already turned them into a kind of command center. | 这就是我们的指令部 |
[12:07] | Oh, this is nuts. | – 这要疯了 |
[12:09] | I know. | – 我知道 |
[12:12] | She was hit totally six times, | 她受到六次重击 |
[12:13] | the fatal blow been the one on the temple lobe. | 致命一击在太阳穴 |
[12:18] | That’s how she used to look | 这是她生前的模样 |
[12:23] | Victim’s sister. | 这是死者姐姐 |
[12:24] | How was she relevent? | 她跟案件有什么联系 |
[12:26] | She isn’t really, | 她没有太大联系 |
[12:27] | except her swear that there’s no way | 但是她发誓她妹妹不可能和网上认识的人乱搞 |
[12:28] | her sister would ever hook up with anybody she met online, | |
[12:30] | that’s potentially exculpatory. | 这可能成为无罪证据 |
[12:32] | How did they find the body? | 尸体是怎么发现的 |
[12:33] | Dennis’ wife discovered it and called the police. | Dennis的妻子发现的 然后报警 |
[12:35] | So, we can forget any motion to suppress. | 所以我们不用想着发起排除动议了 |
[12:39] | There’s our judge. Very right wing. | 这是法官 |
[12:41] | Do not expect him to like any lawyer coming in from out of state. | 非常右翼 |
[12:44] | Also do not, do not, do not interrupt him. | 还有千万 万万 绝对不要打断他说话 |
[12:47] | Supposedly, he’s got a major peeve on that. | 他对此非常不满 |
[12:50] | That’s Dennis. | 这是Dennis |
[12:52] | Guilty | – 长着罪人的样子 – Lucy 闭嘴 |
[12:53] | -Lucy, -Quiet | 安静点 |
[12:54] | He says he never even met the victim. | 安静点 他说他从没见过受害人 |
[12:57] | But he doesn’t deny emailing her? | 但是他没有否认邮件来往 |
[12:59] | My theory is somebody else online intercepted the correspondence, | 我的想法是有人在网上截取了邮件 |
[13:02] | stole Dennis’ID, then planned the meet. | 冒充Dennis 然后嫁祸给Dennis |
[13:04] | After the murder, he sticks the body in Dennis’ trunk, | 杀人之后 把尸体移到Dennis车厢里 |
[13:07] | knowing that the internet trail will lead to Dennis. | 等着网上的证据都指向Dennis |
[13:09] | How do you explain Dennis’ prints are at the scene? | 你怎么解释Dennis的指纹 |
[13:12] | I can’t yet. | 我还解释不了 |
[13:14] | Ok. First thing, we gotta try for a continuance. | 好的 首先我们要申请延期 |
[13:17] | That will be tough. | – 恐怕很难 |
[13:18] | New counsel. I should get it. | – 新律师 应该能拿下 |
[13:19] | Meanwhile, let’s talk to the victim’s sister, the nun. | 同时要和受害人姐姐谈谈 那个修女 |
[13:21] | Ellenor, go see her. | Eleanor 你来负责 |
[13:22] | Lucy, we got find out who else the woman emailed. | Lucy 查查那个女人还和什么人有邮件来往 |
[13:24] | I should meet with the client. | 我要和委托人见个面 |
[13:27] | Henry Dokes, lead homicide detective, | 这是Henry Doles 凶杀组主要警探 |
[13:29] | veteran, good cop, drinker. | 他是退役军人 好警察 酒鬼 |
[13:31] | Jimmy So we need try to talk to him. | |
[13:32] | We should also see if there’s any dirt | 你和他谈谈 看看有没有什么不良行为 |
[13:34] | gambling problem, maybe a little hooker habbit on the side, whatever, | 赌博 |
[13:37] | anything I can use. | 嫖娼 只要我能用上就好 |
[13:38] | What do we have for our case? | 我们有什么证据证人 |
[13:40] | Just Dennis, home alone at the time of death . | 只有Dennis 案发时间 独自在家 |
[13:42] | Where was his wife? | 他老婆在哪里 |
[13:43] | Giving a seminar at Mar Vista, she is a teacher. | 根据座谈记录 她是个老师 |
[13:46] | Is she with us on this? | 她 能当我们的证人吗 |
[13:48] | Yes, but the affair left her a little shaky. | 应该可以 但是外遇让她有点动摇 |
[13:50] | Ok, talk to her again, | 好的 |
[13:51] | make sure we can count on her. | 再和她谈谈 确保得到她的支持 |
[13:53] | Any character witness? | – 有品格证人吗 |
[13:54] | I’m running that down. | – 我找着 |
[13:56] | Ok. I guess we all have job to do. | 好的 工作分配好了 |
[13:58] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[14:02] | How about do you know this guy? | – 你怎么认识这个人 |
[14:03] | I told you, art class. | – 跟你说了 艺术课认识的 |
[14:05] | What did you paint? | 你们都学的什么 |
[14:06] | Nudes? Were you the model or what? | 还是说你当人体模特了 |
[14:08] | What? | – 什么 – 他抓住你什么把柄了 |
[14:09] | What’s he have on you? | – 什么 – 他抓住你什么把柄了 |
[14:10] | What do you mean what’s he have on me? | – 你什么意思 |
[14:12] | We flew four lawyers plus an assistant across the country | – 四个律师外加一个助理飞跃整个国家 |
[14:14] | based on your conviction that | 就因为你觉得无辜之人要背上莫须有的谋杀罪吗 |
[14:15] | the wrong guy is being railroaded for murder? | |
[14:18] | That’s right. | – 没错 – 你的证据呢 |
[14:18] | What’s your evidence? | – 没错 – 你的证据呢 |
[14:19] | You say it yourself you don’t know him that well. | 你自己也说不怎么认识他 |
[14:21] | What’s making you so sure he is not a murderer? | 你怎么就确定他不是杀人犯 |
[14:24] | What am I missing? | 你究竟有什么没告诉我 |
[14:25] | Sometimes when you meet people you get a feel. | 有时候你见到一个人 会有一种感觉 |
[14:28] | A feel? | – 一种感觉 |
[14:29] | Yes. A feel. | – 是的 一种感觉 |
[14:30] | Well, maybe I can’t explain how I know, | 可能我无法解释我怎么知道 |
[14:32] | but I just do. | 但我知道他无辜 |
[14:34] | Bobby, sometimes you just know things about people. | Bobby 有时候你就是会这样了解一些人 |
[14:37] | Dennis Mills is not capable of killing anybody. | Dennis不会杀人 |
[14:40] | We’ve got an innocent man. | 他是无辜的 |
[14:47] | Stacey would never never meet up with a person | Stacy绝对不可能和网络聊天室认识的人见面 |
[14:51] | she met in some internet chat rooms. | |
[14:52] | Sisters, she did write those emails. | 但是她的确写了那些邮件 |
[14:54] | Yes. She had a wild side on the internet. | 没错 她在网络有疯狂的一面 |
[14:58] | I realize this. | 我意识到这点了 |
[14:59] | But there is a big difference between writing anonymous correspondence | 但是网上匿名发言和与真人见面是有很大差别的 |
[15:03] | and meeting up with a stranger in person. | |
[15:06] | My sister was not that big a risk taker. | 我的妹妹不会冒这么大的危险 |
[15:10] | Which leads you to believe… | 那你有什么看法 |
[15:13] | She was killed by a stranger | 她被陌生人杀害 |
[15:14] | or she was introduced to this Mr. Mills in some other fashion. | 或者她在其它场合下认识这位Mills先生 |
[15:18] | Would you testify to that? | 你愿意为此作证吗 |
[15:22] | I suppose. | 应该可以 |
[15:23] | You really don’t think after a long correspondence | 你真的觉得经过长期邮件来往 |
[15:26] | she would agree to meet him in person. | 她还是不会同意与他见面吗 |
[15:30] | If she did, well, maybe she deserves to burn in hell then, | 如果他们真的见面 她应该在地狱为此受苦 |
[15:35] | in eternal flame. | 生生世世都受苦 |
[15:46] | Well, that’s a lovely thought. | 她的想法也太恐怖了吧 |
[16:00] | I don’t deny writing the emails. | 我不否认写过那些邮件 |
[16:02] | What’s the issue? | 有什么问题吗 |
[16:03] | The issue is, this isn’t just evidence of correspondence. | 问题是这不仅仅是通信证据 |
[16:07] | This is dark. It is sexual. | 内容非常阴暗糜烂 |
[16:12] | You get online, | 在网络上 |
[16:13] | and you can assume a different personality, a different persona. | 你可以变成另一个人 |
[16:18] | It’s like play acting. | 就像演戏 |
[16:19] | But I’m not that person. | 但那不是真正的我 |
[16:21] | That was just the game. | 那只是场游戏 我从没伤害过任何人 |
[16:22] | I’ve never ever hurt anybody. | 那只是场游戏 我从没伤害过任何人 |
[16:24] | And you never even met her? | – 你从没见过她 |
[16:25] | No | – 没有 |
[16:34] | All right. I want you to listen to me very carefully. | 好的 我希望你认真听我说 |
[16:39] | Can you do that, Dennis? | 你能做到吗 Dennis |
[16:41] | Please don’t talk to me like I’m an idiot. I’m not an idiot. | 请别把我当傻瓜一样说话 我不是白痴 |
[16:43] | Maybe not. | 或者不是 但是有人成功把你当白痴一样玩了 |
[16:44] | But if you’re innocent, | 或者不是 |
[16:45] | then someone is playing you very successfully for a fool. | 但是有人成功把你当白痴一样玩了 |
[16:48] | I don’t like him. | – 我不喜欢他 – Dennis |
[16:49] | Dennis. | – 我不想要他 – 你叫我帮你 我把他从波士顿叫过来 |
[16:49] | – I don’t want him to be… | |
[16:50] | You asked me to help you, | 我不想要他 – |
[16:51] | I’ve brought him from Boston. | 你叫我帮你 我把他从波士顿叫过来 |
[16:52] | I don’t care. | – 我管你啊 – 那好的! |
[16:53] | Fine. Then we’ll all leave. | 我们马上就走 |
[16:56] | I brought him in because he is your best last chance. | 我把他叫过来 因为他是你最好的救命稻草 |
[17:00] | You’re looking at the death penalty. You said it yourself. | 你自己都说了 你面临着死刑 |
[17:02] | If he can help you, I’d put up with what he has to say | 如果他能帮你 他说什么 我都忍了 |
[17:05] | even if he makes you feel like an idiot. | 哪怕他让你觉得你是白痴 |
[17:16] | Go ahead. | 继续 |
[17:18] | For us to have any chance, | 想要赢 |
[17:20] | you’ll need to take the stand. | 你需要上证人席 |
[17:22] | For me to be able to put you on the stand, | 我必须相信你会说实话 |
[17:24] | I have to believe that you’ll give truthful testimony. | 我才能让你上证人席 |
[17:28] | So if I did kill her, keep it to myself. | 所以如果我真的杀人了 |
[17:31] | Is that what you’re saying? | 就藏在心里 你是这个意思吗 |
[17:33] | On everything else, I have to know. | 其它先不管 |
[17:35] | I can not be surprised. | 我需要知道真相 我不能有任何意外 |
[17:37] | Do you hear me, Dennis? | 你听清楚了吗 Dennis |
[17:39] | That means if you did ever meet her, | 如果你真的见过她 |
[17:42] | if you did have an affair, | 如果你真的有外遇 |
[17:43] | if you did ever go to her house, | 如果你真的去过她的房子 |
[17:45] | I need to know. | 我需要知道真相 |
[17:47] | Were you having a relationship with that woman? | 你和那个女人是否有恋爱关系 |
[18:00] | This was the relationship. | 这就是我们的关系 |
[18:03] | I’ve never ever met her in person. | 我从来没有亲自见过她 |
[18:17] | All I’m saying is he has some serious rage going on. | 他有严重的愤怒问题 |
[18:19] | If somebody framed you for murder, you’d be upset. | 如果你被陷害 你也会愤怒 |
[18:22] | I’m telling you it’s the sister. | 就是那姐姐干的 |
[18:24] | That burn in hell crap. | 地狱受苦说得多恐怖 |
[18:25] | Oh, come on, Ellenor. | 得了 |
[18:26] | That’s a Gorge Vougman thing. | 那是George Vogleman后遗症 |
[18:27] | A what? | 什么 |
[18:28] | You look at nuns now as killers. | 你看到修女 |
[18:29] | You’re a nun bigot. | 就觉得她是凶手 |
[18:30] | -All right, don’t start. -Doesn’t make any sense, Lindsay, | 这不合理 Linsay |
[18:32] | you’re the one that got attacked, not me. | 他刺伤的人是你 不是我 |
[18:33] | I don’t look anybody in the ** murderer. | 我又不和杀人犯约会 |
[18:35] | I don’t do that. | 我才没有 |
[18:36] | I’m telling you the sister was weird. Ok? | 我跟你说 那姐姐很诡异 |
[18:39] | I was there, you weren’t. | 我在场 你们不在 |
[18:40] | I said all right. | 我都说 好了 |
[18:42] | Did she say anything that can help us? | 她有说什么能帮上我们吗 |
[18:44] | As a matter of fact, yes. | 事实上 有的 |
[18:45] | She said she didn’t think Stacy would meet up with somebody | 她觉得Stacy不会和聊天室认识的人见面 |
[18:47] | who she met in a chat room. | |
[18:49] | Is that it? | 就这样? |
[18:51] | Well, it’s something.What did you get? | 也是有用啊 你什么意思啊 |
[18:53] | -I’m not criticizing, Ellenor, I’m just analyzing… -I know, you mean, you just said it like I failed. | 我没有批评你的意思 我只是分析一下 – |
[18:56] | All right. | 你说的好像我失败了一样 – 好了 |
[18:57] | Now you’re going all right. | – 你也来好了 |
[18:58] | All right. | – 好了 |
[19:02] | New evidence. | 新证据 |
[19:03] | What do you mean new evidence? | 什么新证据 |
[19:05] | Anything you didn’t already give the DA, I don’t care. | 你还没上交给检方的任何东西 |
[19:09] | Look, I’m just trying to justify a fee, | 我只是在辩护一个小偷 |
[19:11] | If I can go back to my client with anything, | 我不能空手而回啊 |
[19:13] | it will make it easier to collect. | |
[19:14] | You get what I’m saying. | 你懂的 |
[19:15] | Any other suspect you ran down, | 给我一些追查的嫌疑人 |
[19:18] | If I dig up a red herring, even a bogus one, | 如果我能查到什么 即使是假的 |
[19:21] | I’ll get to bank my retainer. | 我就能拿到我的律师费了 |
[19:23] | What do I look like? Some rookie? | 我看着像新手吗 |
[19:25] | Trying to justify a fee? | 辩护小偷? |
[19:27] | You’re in here trying to glean anything you can | 你来这里 |
[19:29] | to put that basterd back on the streets. | 是为了释放那个混蛋 |
[19:31] | I’m not gonna give you anything, Mr. Berluti. | 我什么都不会给你 |
[19:34] | I don’t give ** so you get to bank a retainer.. | 至于你的律师费 滚一边去吧 |
[19:37] | We don’t have to get aggressive here. | 嘴巴可以放干净点吧 |
[19:39] | All right. We’re buddies. | 原来我们是哥们啊 |
[19:41] | I don’t like your little comradery, come on. | 我不喜欢你们这群律师 |
[19:44] | I’m a police officer. You’re a defense lawyer. | 我是一名警察 你是一名刑事律师 |
[19:47] | We don’t lump in well. | 我们本来就势不两立 |
[19:49] | What? You want to make it like a big fight? | 你是想要开战吗 |
[19:51] | Yeah, counsel. | 没错 律师 |
[19:52] | You’re in the business of freeing murderers. | 没错 律师 你的职业就是放走杀人犯 |
[19:54] | I’d be happy to make it into a big fight. | 我非常乐意开战 |
[20:03] | And pursuant to my client’s right to a fair trial, | 我的委托人有权得到一场公正审判 |
[20:05] | the interests of justice certainly demand | 司法利益肯定要求新律师有更多时间赶上进度 |
[20:07] | that his new lawyers be afforded time to properly get up to speed and prepare for trial. | 得以准备审判 |
[20:12] | We wouldn’t be looking for a big delay, your honor. | 法官阁下 我们不会要求长时间延期 |
[20:14] | I think we could be ready in three weeks even. | 我觉得三周左右应该够了 |
[20:16] | Three weeks? | – 三周 |
[20:17] | Yes | – 是的 |
[20:18] | Mr. Donnell, I don’t know how you do things in Massachusetts. | Donnel先生 我不知道马萨诸塞州是怎样 |
[20:22] | In Massachusetts, the courts may not have a problem | 那里的法庭可能可以无休止审一个案件 |
[20:24] | continuing a case in perpetuity. | |
[20:26] | But we’re a little different in California, counsel. | 但是在加州有点不一样 |
[20:29] | And when a case is already been conti… | – 案件已经 |
[20:30] | Your honor, I… | – 法官阁下 我 |
[20:37] | In Massachusetts, maybe the defendant, | 在马萨诸塞州 |
[20:40] | if he wants to keep delaying trial, | 如果被告想推迟审判 |
[20:41] | he can just fire counsel | 他可能可以炒掉律师 |
[20:42] | and have his new new lawyers beg the judge | 让新律师请求法官更多时间来赶上进度 |
[20:44] | for time to get up to speed. | |
[20:46] | But it was a long flight, | 但两地距离很远吧 |
[20:48] | wasn’t it, Mr. Donnell? | 是吗 |
[20:51] | I just asked you a question, Mr. Donnell, | 我刚刚问你问题了 Donnel先生 |
[20:53] | was it not a very long flight? | 两地不是距离很远吗 |
[20:55] | Yes, your honor, it was. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[20:58] | Yes. | 是很远 |
[20:58] | And when you got off that plane, | 是很远 |
[21:00] | you might perhaps have looked around, | 你下机后 可能到四周看看了 |
[21:02] | saw a palm tree or two, | 看看棕榈树 太平洋 |
[21:03] | the Pacific Ocean, freeway gridlock. | 看看高速公路 交通堵塞 |
[21:05] | You should’ve known right there | 你就应该知道你不是在马萨诸塞州 |
[21:06] | you’re no longer in Massachusetts. | |
[21:10] | This case is set for trial on Thursday. | 本案周三开庭 |
[21:13] | I would be here. Mr. Fox would be here. | 我和Fox先生都会出庭 |
[21:15] | Your client Mr. Mills will be here, and we well begin, | 你的委托人 Mills先生也会出庭 我们照常开庭 |
[21:18] | either you can join us, | 你可以出庭 |
[21:19] | or you can go back to Massachusetts. | 或者回去你的马萨诸塞州 |
[21:22] | Adjourned | 休庭 |
[21:28] | Hold on, hold on, just a second. | 等一等 |
[21:32] | Ah-oh, | |
[21:37] | come on, Bobby. | 走吧 Bobby |
[21:38] | Are we not done, counsel? | 还有什么事情吗 |
[21:44] | Yes, your honor, | 没有 法官阁下 |
[21:46] | done. | 没什么事了 |
[21:54] | What the hell was that? | 那算什么 |
[21:56] | We’re in LA. | 我们在洛杉矶 |
[21:58] | Your instincts on the nun might be right. | 你对那个修女的直觉可能是对的 |
[22:00] | She has an assault and drug record. | 她有袭击和酗酒记录 |
[22:02] | You’ve got be kidding. | – 你没搞错吧 |
[22:03] | As a teenager, | – 十几岁的时候 |
[22:06] | It’s something. | 也是点东西啊 |
[22:07] | Yes, it is. | 的确是啊 |
[22:13] | Why didn’t you move out here? | 你为什么搬到这里 |
[22:14] | People frame people for murder, | 这里的人嫁祸他人谋杀 |
[22:16] | and then they get judges like this, | 法官又这个德行 |
[22:17] | it’s a horrible, horrible state. | 这个州不友好了 |
[22:19] | Well, my wife could take the winters back east. | 我老婆受不了东部的冬天 |
[22:22] | Speaking of which, | 既然谈到你老婆 |
[22:24] | is she going to support you here? | 她会支持你吗 |
[22:26] | Yes, why? | 会的 为什么这样问 |
[22:28] | Well, she described herself as | 她描述自己对此脑子很混乱 |
[22:30] | being in a state of confusion over all this. | |
[22:33] | That’s not exactly a real endorsement. | 这很难算得上支持 |
[22:35] | Karen knows I didn’t do this. She’ll say that. | Karen知道不是我干的 她会这么说的 |
[22:38] | Well, we don’t have much time for her to get clearheaded. | 我们没有时间让她头脑清醒了 |
[22:40] | I’m off to meet with her now. | 我现在要去见她 |
[22:43] | Bobby | Bobby, Jimmy, and Ellenor are running down everybody else |
[22:45] | they can locate who was in that chat room. | Jimmy和Eleanor在查那个聊天室的人 |
[22:47] | Listen. | 听着 |
[22:50] | If we can get it to voluntary manslaughter. | 如果我们能拿到非蓄谋故意杀人 |
[22:52] | That’s not an indication that I think you’re guilty. | 并不是说我认为你有罪 |
[22:54] | Then what’s is? | 那你什么意思 |
[22:55] | An assessment of our case, | 我是对案件的分析 |
[22:58] | with a realization in defeat, | 如果输了 |
[23:00] | we’re looking at lethal injection. | 你面临着致命注射 |
[23:09] | If I’m put to death, I’m put to death. | 如果他们要让我死 那就让我死吧 |
[23:12] | But I certainly will not say | 但我绝不会说我犯了莫须有的谋杀罪 |
[23:13] | that I committed murder when I didn’t. | |
[23:16] | My kids may not get to grow up with their father, Lindsay. | 我的孩子可能少了个爸爸 |
[23:19] | But they will get to grow up | 但是他们至少可以相信爸爸是无辜的 |
[23:20] | with at least the chance of believing in him. | |
[23:25] | I won’t take that away from them. | 我不能剥夺他们这样的权利 |
[23:34] | We gotta get out of this. | 我们必须扔掉这个案件 |
[23:35] | I promised him. | 可我承诺帮他了 |
[23:36] | You tried to help, I know. | 我知道你想帮他 |
[23:37] | And the best way we can help is to drop him. | 不管他 我们才能最好地帮到他 |
[23:40] | With no lawyer, this thing can’t start on Thursday. | 没有律师 周三就没法开庭 |
[23:43] | The judge won’ go for that. | 法官不会让这样的事情发生 |
[23:44] | What’s he gonna do? | 他能怎样 没有律师 强迫那家伙上庭吗 |
[23:45] | Force the guy to stand trial without our representation? | 他能怎样 没有律师 强迫那家伙上庭吗 |
[23:46] | Well, this judge just might. | 说不定这法官真会这样 |
[23:48] | In which case he’s guaranteed a new trial. | 这种情况下 他必须重新开审 |
[23:50] | We came out here… | – 我们 – 我知道你想帮他 |
[23:51] | Lindsay, I know you want to help him. | – 我们 – 我知道你想帮他 |
[23:53] | But we have to face it | 但我们必须面对现实 |
[23:54] | We’ve got nothing to amount a defense with. | 我们根本无从下手 |
[23:57] | Add to that, | 再加上这个法官肯定偏袒检方 |
[23:58] | this judge isn’t gonna cut any favors for out of state lawyers, | 再加上这个法官肯定偏袒检方 |
[24:01] | the best thing we can do is to get back on that plane. | 我们最好的策略是回到飞机上 |
[24:04] | We’re fighters. We don’t give up like this, we fight. | 我们是斗士 绝不轻易放弃 |
[24:06] | Yes, we do. | 我们的确是斗士 |
[24:08] | But this is Dennis’s fight. | 但这是Dennis的战役 |
[24:12] | He’s got a better chance with somebody else. | 聘用其他律师 他的胜算更大 |
[24:26] | Anybody disagree? | 有人不同意吗 |
[24:33] | Then let’s pack up. | 收拾好东西 |
[24:34] | We’ll bring a motion to withdraw in the morning and then go home. | 早上提交退出动议 然后回家 |
[24:50] | Who do you think you’re kidding? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[24:51] | On what bases do you seek to withdraw? | 你以何为由退出 |
[24:53] | Your honor, before a trial, I’m not sure we need one… | 法官阁下 开庭前退出 不需理由 |
[24:55] | Four days before, you do. | 开庭前四天 |
[24:57] | I’m waiting. | 你需要理由 |
[24:59] | We have fundamental differences with the defendant. | 我们与被告存在严重矛盾 |
[25:01] | What differences? | 什么矛盾 |
[25:03] | That remains within work product. | 这属于工作内容 |
[25:05] | You will stay on this, counsel. | 你不能退出 |
[25:07] | You can’t force us to remain here. | 你怎么可以强迫我们留下! |
[25:09] | I can absolutely force you, Mr. Donnell. | 我就是要强迫你留下 |
[25:10] | And that’s what I’m doing. | 这只是你的拖延之计 |
[25:11] | This is another dilatory attempt. | 这只是你的拖延之计 |
[25:13] | And my patience is wearying thin. | 我正失去耐心 |
[25:14] | I’m not seeking a continuance. | 我没有申请延期 |
[25:16] | Mr. Mills can get another attorney. | Dennis先生可以找别的律师 |
[25:18] | The effect of which would compel me to postpone trial. | 这样的话 我就必须延迟开庭 |
[25:22] | You have an offer of second degree on the table, Mr. Donnell. | 二级谋杀的条件仍然有效 |
[25:24] | The Court suggests you give serious regard to it. | 本庭建议你需考虑清楚 |
[25:27] | Is the court trying to coerce a plea? | 法庭是在强迫认罪吗 |
[25:30] | The court is trying to convey to counsel | 本庭的意思是 |
[25:32] | it will not be manipulated by tactics. | 玩策略是没用的 |
[25:34] | I’ m not doing that. | 我没有玩策略 |
[25:37] | I’ve familiarized myself with you. | 我对你们有所了解 |
[25:40] | Do you know what your brethren think about you in Massachusetts? | 你知道马州的同行是怎么看你们的吗 |
[25:44] | They say if you would go out to feed the pigs | 他们说如果你要出去喂猪 |
[25:46] | you’d have to get somebody else to call them. | 最好让人给猪打个电话 |
[25:49] | I don’t believe you’re withdrawing | 你们退出 |
[25:50] | for any other reason than to buy time, | 除了争取时间 别无他由 |
[25:52] | which you may believe is in your client’s interest. | 你可能觉得这符合委托人的利益 |
[25:55] | Motion to withdraw as counsel denied. | 律师退出动议驳回 |
[25:58] | Now go about your work. | 好好工作吧 |
[26:12] | It was a chat room. | 那是个网络聊天室 |
[26:14] | I never met anybody from there in person, I swear. | 我从没亲自见过里面任何人 我发誓 |
[26:16] | Did you ever correspond with Mrs. Kingman? | 你和Kingman先生聊过天吗 |
[26:18] | Mr. Donnell, what’s going on here? I swear, I… | Donnell先生 究竟发生什么了 |
[26:20] | I’m just trying to get a sense of… | 我只是想要搞清楚 |
[26:21] | Look, if it ever gets out that I was in that chat room, | 如果这件事传出去了 |
[26:24] | my job could be in jeopardy. | 我会丢掉工作的 |
[26:26] | It was one of those erotic things. | 这件事淫秽丢人 |
[26:30] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[26:30] | I swear I never met a single person. | 我从没见过任何人 |
[26:32] | Everybody use assumed names… | |
[26:34] | Mr. Letterman, take a breath. | Letterman先生 冷静点 |
[26:37] | And the police never talk to you? | 警方从没跟你谈过吗 |
[26:39] | No, why should they? | 没有 为什么要和我谈 |
[26:42] | Can you tell me where you were on the night of May 12? | 能否告诉我五月12号晚 |
[26:46] | Oh, my God. | 你在哪里 |
[26:49] | You’re talking to me like I’m a suspect. | 你问得我好像嫌疑人一样 |
[26:51] | Oh, my God. | |
[26:53] | Mr. Letterman. | Letterman先生 |
[26:54] | My life is over. | 我的人生完了 |
[26:55] | Mr. Letterman, your life isn’t over. | 你的人生没有完 |
[26:57] | Oh, my God. | |
[26:59] | Oh, my God. | |
[27:05] | I understand you have reservations.. | 我知道你有所保留 |
[27:08] | But Mrs. Mills, | 但是Mills夫人 |
[27:09] | do you think your husband is capable of committing this crime? | 你觉得你丈夫有可能犯下此罪吗 |
[27:15] | No. | 不可能吧 |
[27:17] | Well, if I ask you that on the stand | 如果我在证人席上提问 |
[27:18] | you can’t take that beep before answering. | 你不可犹豫 |
[27:20] | You need to respond quickly and emphatically. | 你必须迅速肯定地回答 |
[27:22] | Otherwise I can’t even put you up there. | 否则 我不能让你上证人席 |
[27:23] | But won’t they ask me about his affair? | 他们不会问我外遇的事吗 |
[27:25] | He claims that there was not. | 他说没有外遇这回事 |
[27:27] | You don’t believe him on that? | 你不相信吗 |
[27:28] | Not necessarily, No | 不一定相信啊 |
[27:30] | Look, you read those letters, what do you think? | 你也看过那些信 你什么想法 |
[27:33] | I haven’t known him for 15 years, | 我没有认识他15年 |
[27:35] | Oh, I suddenly wonder maybe I | 我现在觉得可能我也不了解他 |
[27:37] | haven’t really known him either. | |
[27:38] | Those kinds of answers, we don’t call you. | 这样的答案 你就不用上证人席了 |
[27:40] | Oh, look, please do not tell me what to say. | 别告诉我应该说什么 |
[27:43] | I’m not telling you what to say. | 我并非告诉你应该说什么 |
[27:45] | I just need to know what you will say. | 我只是需要知道你会说什么 |
[27:47] | I feel like I’m being pressured. | 我感觉你在向我施压 |
[27:49] | I’m the one under the pressure, Mrs. Mills. | 我才是承受压力的人 |
[27:51] | We just got this case. | 我们才刚接手这个案子 |
[27:52] | We have to be prepared to try it in three days. | 我们必须在三天内准备开庭 |
[27:54] | We’re under enormous pressure. | 我们正承受着巨大压力 |
[27:57] | And If you don’t take that stand and ** | 如果你在证人席上 |
[27:59] | deny the possibility that your husband could have done this, | 不能斩钉截铁地否定你老公杀人的可能性 |
[28:01] | then you’re no good to him. | 那么你根本帮不了他 |
[28:04] | Can you say that or not? | 你能不能做到 |
[28:10] | How dare you? | 你好大的胆子 |
[28:11] | It’s just a simple question, Ma’am.. | 这只是个很简单的问题 |
[28:13] | A simple question, where was I on the night my sister was murdered? | 简单的问题? 我妹妹被杀的晚上 我在哪里 |
[28:16] | Well, here is a simple response. | 接下来就是我的答案 |
[28:17] | Go to hell. | 去死吧 |
[28:18] | Nice talk for a nun. | 原来修女也会这么凶 |
[28:20] | One of the reasons I joined the convent | 我加入教会的原因之一 |
[28:22] | was because I was a troubled teenager. Yes. | 就是因为我是问题少年 |
[28:24] | If that makes me a murder suspect in your mind. | 如果你觉得我因此就是嫌疑人 |
[28:26] | I didn’t accuse you of murderer. | 我没有说你是嫌疑人 |
[28:28] | why were you asking my whreabouts? | 那你为什么问我在哪里 |
[28:29] | I’m just colleting information. | 我只是在搜集资料 |
[28:31] | That’s all. | 那你不太擅长搜集资料 |
[28:32] | Well, you’re not very good at it. | 那你不太擅长搜集资料 |
[28:33] | I’m done talking to you. | 我说完了 |
[28:47] | I feel like Mannix. | 我觉得我就像Manics |
[28:48] | Who? | – 谁? – Manics |
[28:49] | Mannix. You never watched that? | – 谁? – |
[28:52] | He was a private eye, | Manics 你没看过吗 他是个私家侦探 |
[28:54] | I had this crush on Peggy. | 我可喜欢Peggy了 |
[29:00] | It came on before Mission Impossible. | 在《谍中谍》之前上映 |
[29:03] | You probably like The Man from U.N.C.L.E. | 你可能更喜欢The Man from U.N.C.L.E. |
[29:07] | I didn’t know her, no, buddy. | 我不认识你们 |
[29:08] | We just want to talk to you, Mr. Brickman. | 我们只是想谈谈 |
[29:10] | No. | – 我不想谈 – 我有枪 |
[29:11] | I have a gun. | – 我不想谈 – 我有枪 |
[29:15] | That was a Mannix move. | 那是Manics的招牌动作 |
[29:22] | Nice place. | 屋子不错 |
[29:23] | What do you guys want? | 你们想要什么 |
[29:25] | I didn’t do nothing. | 我没犯什么事 |
[29:26] | We came to talk to you about Stacy Kingman. | 我们是来谈Stacy Kingman的 |
[29:28] | I…I didn’t kill her. | 我没有杀她 |
[29:32] | That’s kind of a funny response. | 这个答复有点意思 |
[29:34] | We didn’t ask if you killed her. | 我们没问你有没有杀她 |
[29:35] | The police did, I told them. | 警察问了啊 我跟他们说过了 |
[29:39] | The police talked to you? | – 警察和你谈过? |
[29:40] | Yeah. | – 是啊 |
[29:41] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:42] | Because of the email crap. | 因为这些破邮件 |
[29:44] | But it’s just letters. | 这只是信件而已 |
[29:46] | You know, I told them I just send this stuff. | 我跟他们说了 |
[29:48] | It means nothing. | 只是发发邮件而已 没有任何意思 |
[29:49] | It…it’s a hobby. | 只是个爱好 |
[29:51] | What did you write in your emails? | 你的邮件都写些什么 |
[29:52] | That I was gonna kill her and stuff. | 我要杀了她之类的 |
[29:56] | But I mean I write…I write it to lots of girls. | 我给很多女生都写过 |
[29:58] | That you’re going to kill them? | 你要杀了她们? |
[30:01] | Yeah. | |
[30:01] | But they are all living happy. | 但是她们都开心地活着 |
[30:04] | I’m friends with some. | 我还和其中一些女生成为朋友 |
[30:09] | There’s nothing about this man in the file. | 文件中没有任何关于这个男人的资料 |
[30:11] | Absolutely nothing. | |
[30:12] | We didn’t know about him. | 我们也不知道这个男人 |
[30:13] | The police interviewed the guy. | 警方盘问过这个男人 |
[30:14] | It never brought into the attention of the disctrict attorney office. | 警方盘问过这个男人 检方没有把资料上交到检方办公室 |
[30:17] | Oh, I’m sure you never heard of him | 我肯定你没听说过这个人 |
[30:18] | I don’t like your accusations. | 你这是在信口雌黄 |
[30:19] | Your honor, this is obviously new exculpatory evidence, | 法官阁下 这是新证据 |
[30:22] | we need time to explore it. | – 我们需要时间 – 驳回 |
[30:23] | Denied. | 那个男人发邮件给受害人 威胁要杀她 |
[30:24] | The man emailed the victim treathening to kill her. | 那个男人发邮件给受害人 威胁要杀她 |
[30:27] | And as I understand it, | 据我了解 |
[30:28] | he emailed hundreds of women. | 他还给上百个女人发邮件 |
[30:29] | But this woman ended up dead. | 但这个女人死了! |
[30:31] | Look, I see an army of a lawyer at your table. | 你的桌子坐着那么多律师 |
[30:33] | You can chase all this down… | – 你可以继续追查 |
[30:34] | That’s crazy. | – 那要疯了 |
[30:40] | Your honor, we need more time. | 法官阁下 我们需要更多时间 |
[30:43] | There’s been no unfair surprise here. | 不存在不公意外 |
[30:46] | The trail doesn’t begin until Thursday. | 周三才开庭 |
[30:47] | To me, that’s enough time. | 我觉得时间够了 |
[30:49] | Motion for a continuance denied. | 延期申请驳回 |
[30:51] | We’ll start voir dire after lunch. | |
[31:00] | Bobby? | |
[31:03] | Does counsel have a thought he’d like to share with the court? | 你有什么想法要发表吗 |
[31:09] | Is that typical about California judge? | 加州律师都这样吗 |
[31:11] | Let’s look at the bright side. | 往好处想 |
[31:12] | At least we got something now. | 起码我们找到点证据了 |
[31:14] | What did you find? | 你们找到什么了 |
[31:15] | A guy who threatened to kill her. | – 有人威胁要杀她 |
[31:16] | Excuse me? | – 什么? |
[31:17] | Mr. Kingman. Hello. | Kingman先生 你好 |
[31:19] | You talked to him? | 你跟他谈过吗 |
[31:21] | He shut me down. | 你跟他谈过吗 他把我赶走了 |
[31:22] | Ellenor | 他把我赶走了 Elleanor 你再去试试 |
[31:25] | Mr. Kingman, my name is Ellenor Frutt. | Kingman先生 我是Elleanor Frutt |
[31:27] | I’m one of the attorneys representing Dennis Mills. | 我是Mills先生的律师之一 |
[31:29] | Yes, you flew in from Boston. | 你从波士顿飞过来的 |
[31:32] | Mr. Kingman, did you know your wife was corresponding with Anthony Brickman? | 你知道你妻子和Brickman先生通过信吗 |
[31:36] | Did you know the contents of the email? | 你知道信件的内容吗 |
[31:40] | No | 不知道 |
[31:41] | Could it be possible… | – 有没有可能 |
[31:42] | What’s going on here? | – 这里怎么了 |
[31:44] | We were just discussing the lovely California weather. | 我们在讨论加州的好天气 |
[31:46] | What’s it to you? | 你有意见吗 |
[31:48] | I don’t want you harassing government’s witnesses. | 我不希望你骚扰我的证人 |
[31:50] | Mr. Kingman, please. | Kingman先生 这边请 |
[31:52] | Hold on. Are you instructing this witness not to speak to me? | 等等 你是在叫这位证人不要和我说话啊 |
[31:54] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[31:54] | He’s instructing witnesses not to cooperate. | 怎么了 他指示证人不要合作 |
[31:57] | I’m shielding a witness from harassment. | 我在保护证人 免受骚扰 |
[31:59] | You have no idea what I was saying to him. | 你不知道我和他在说什么! |
[32:01] | Well, I know you weren’t discussing the weather, counsel. | 可我知道你不是在聊天气 |
[32:03] | You can’t tell a witness not to talk to us, Mr. Fox. | 你不能叫证人不和我们说话 |
[32:06] | I can’t tell a witness to speak at his own peril, Mr. Donnell. | 我不能让证人因自己的话而身处险境 |
[32:09] | You think I didn’t check you people out? | 你以为我没有调查过你们吗 |
[32:11] | Plan B, you think that secret was gonna sit back in Boston? | B计划 你以为秘密出不了波士顿吗 |
[32:15] | And all about the disgusting strategy you people employ. | 我知道你们使用的各种不道德策略 |
[32:17] | Hey. | 隐瞒证据的人是你 |
[32:18] | You’re the one concealing evidence. | 隐瞒证据的人是你 |
[32:20] | I didn’t know about that man. | 我不知道那个男人 |
[32:21] | Yeah, right. | 呵呵 是啊 |
[32:24] | Mr. Donnell, let me give you a piece of advice | Donnell先生 |
[32:26] | from a co-member of the bar. | 同为律师 让我给你一点建议 |
[32:29] | You pull the crap in this court that you regularly pull in Boston; | 如果你在这里 像在波士顿那样乱来 |
[32:33] | you’ll be doing more time than Mr. Mills. | 你进去的时间不比Mills先生短 |
[32:35] | Let me give you a tip. | 让我给你一点建议 |
[32:37] | Neither you nor that fat ass Orange County alumnus wearing the robe scare me. | 不管是你 |
[32:41] | -Ok, Bobby. -Don’t even bother. | 还是那个混蛋法官 |
[32:44] | It’s not worth it. | 都吓不了我 |
[32:48] | Well, Lindsay, Ellenor, you take voir dire, | 别操心了 不值得 |
[32:50] | Jimmy, you and I should go back to see Brickman. | Jimmy 你和我再去会会Brickman |
[32:53] | I love L.A. | 我爱死洛杉矶了 |
[32:58] | Suspended twice. | 两次停职 |
[33:00] | Once in 1992 and again in 96. | 1992年第一次 1996年第二次停职 |
[33:03] | Both for drinking? | – 都是因为嗜酒吗 |
[33:04] | Yeah. | – 是的 |
[33:05] | Who are you talking about? | 你们在说谁 |
[33:06] | Dokes, the detective in charge of the investigation. | 负责调查的警察 Doles |
[33:08] | You smelled anything in his breath when you met him? | 你和他说话的时候闻到什么了吗 |
[33:10] | Just venom. | 尽闻到他放屁 |
[33:11] | Divorced in 1995, probably related to his drinking. | 95年离婚 可能和喝酒有关 |
[33:15] | Jimmy, ask a few questions down at the courthouse, | Jimmy 你到法庭到处问问 |
[33:17] | the clerks know everything. | 记录员什么都知道 |
[33:19] | Oh, I’m sure they’ll cooperate. | 要是他们会合作就好了 |
[33:21] | Everyone out here was so helpful. | 这里的人可乐于助人了 |
[33:23] | Just ask around, ** detective, anything we can get on him. | 问问就好 有关这个警察的任何线索 |
[33:26] | Lucy, why are you wearing a bathing suit? | Lucy 为什么你穿着泳衣 |
[33:29] | Oh, I was..kind of want to catch a little pool time. | 我想去泳池呆会儿 |
[33:31] | Forget it. | 你不能去 |
[33:33] | Bobby, I do not com to California to be cooped up in this room. | 好不容易来加州 我不能一直关在这房子里 |
[33:36] | Lucy | Lucy, I told you this is not a vocation. |
[33:38] | All the witnesses, the exhibits are already, and I’m done. I’m here… | 我跟你说过这不是放假 |
[33:42] | Keep checking on the detective and the nun. | 继续追查那个警察和修女 |
[33:50] | Have you read about this case at all, Mrs. Reynolds? | 您有没有看过这案件的资料 |
[33:53] | Maybe a little, not much.. | 看过一点点 |
[33:56] | Can you tell me what you know about it? | 你能说说你所知道的吗 |
[33:58] | Just that this Mills fellow is accused of killing the woman、 | 这个姓Mills的被指控杀了一个女人 |
[34:02] | Do you think you could be impartial? | 你觉得你能做到客观公正吗 |
[34:04] | Well, when a man bludgeons somebody to death | 当一个人打死另一个人 |
[34:07] | and sticks her in a car trunk, | 然后把他放到后备箱里 |
[34:09] | all things considered, I can be as neutral as the next person. | 综合考虑 我能做到客观公正 |
[34:16] | Remove for cause. | – 撤出陪审团 |
[34:17] | Denied. | – 驳回 |
[34:19] | She basically just said she’s prejudged Dennis Mills is guilty. | 她基本就预判了Dennis是有罪的 |
[34:22] | No, she didn’t. | 不是的 |
[34:23] | She said if a man bludgeoned and stuff. | 不是的 她说一个人打死另一个人 |
[34:25] | She didn’t say she necessarily believed it was your client. | 她没有说就是你的委托人 |
[34:28] | You want to use one of your peremptories? Fine. | |
[34:30] | But the court has no problem with her. | 本庭对此没有问题 |
[34:35] | Defense excuses juror No.4. | 4号陪审员 |
[34:43] | That went well. | 挺顺利啊 – 撤离了几个 – 七个 |
[34:43] | How far did you get? | – 撤离了几个 – 七个 |
[34:44] | Seven. The judge isn’t making it easier. | – 法官总碍事 |
[34:46] | What a surprise. | – 真意外啊 |
[34:47] | Counsel? | 律师留步 |
[34:51] | I understand you have some questions. | 我听说你有些问题 |
[34:52] | I’m just doing a little background on all the state witnesses. | 我只是调查一下检方证人而已 |
[34:56] | Maybe I could do some background checks on my own. | 也许我也可以自己做点调查 |
[34:59] | Is that a threat, detective? | 你是在威胁我吗 |
[35:00] | If you did your homework, | 你调查过 就知道我加入戒酒协会六个月了 |
[35:01] | you’d know I’m a AA and I’ve been for six months. | 你调查过 就知道我加入戒酒协会六个月了 |
[35:03] | Bottom feeding grim, that’s what you people are. | 你们这群吃屎长大的 |
[35:06] | Hey, you declaired this is a fight. | 是你说要开战的! |
[35:08] | Get out of my face. | 给我滚远的! |
[35:09] | No, now I’m officially in your face, detective. | 我就要站在这里 怎么了! |
[35:12] | You want it nasty. Let’s make it nasty. | 你要玩狠的 我奉陪到底 |
[35:14] | You want to investigate me? | 你要调查我? |
[35:16] | I’ve got a whole department to investigate you. | 我有一整个部门来调查你 |
[35:18] | You do that. | 你放马过来吧 |
[35:19] | You don’t have any power in that room. I do. | 在法庭里 你可没我的权力大 |
[35:22] | And I can’t wait to be calling you to the stand. | 我等不及你上证人席的样子 |
[35:25] | Do I look scared? | 我好害怕啊 |
[35:26] | You’re too stupid to be scared. | 你笨得不知道怎么写害怕两字 |
[35:28] | All right, we’re done here. | 好了 说够了 |
[35:37] | Everybody is just so nice here. | 这里的人怎么都这样 |
[35:39] | Hey, what’s going on? | 嘿 怎么了 |
[35:40] | Oh, we’re just mingling with another friendly member of your sunshine state. | 嘿 怎么了 和本地的友好人士聊聊而已 |
[35:44] | Look, I’m adding a witness to our list. | 我加了一名证人 |
[35:46] | Warren Rydell, a photographer. | Warran 摄影师 |
[35:48] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[35:49] | He will introduce what’s indicate in this picture. | 他是谁 他会引入这张照片 |
[35:51] | I’ll probably be calling him first. | 我可能会首先叫他 |
[35:54] | Oh, gee. | – 老天啊 – 怎么了 |
[35:55] | What? | – 老天啊 – 怎么了 |
[35:56] | Just a picture of our client standing with the victim, | 委托人和受害人在一起的照片而已 |
[35:58] | the woman he never met in person. | 他说没见过的受害人 |
[36:11] | It’s some kind of trick. | 这是修过的! |
[36:13] | The picture is real, it is not a trick. | 这是真的照片 没有修过 |
[36:15] | And it’s evidence that you met her… | – 这是你见过她的证据 |
[36:16] | No. | – 不是! |
[36:17] | Look, this is a museum or something. | 这是个博物馆 |
[36:20] | Now, maybe I was there when she was there. | 可能我和她刚好都在那里 |
[36:22] | But we never met. | 可我们没见过面 |
[36:23] | She just happened to be there standing two feet away? | 难不成她刚好就站在你旁边?! |
[36:26] | Somebody is… | 有人要 |
[36:30] | Oh, god. | |
[36:32] | What? | 什么情况! |
[36:33] | I told her I was going to this opening. | 我跟她说过我要去这个开幕式 |
[36:36] | Stacy Kingman? | – Stacy Kingman – 是的 |
[36:37] | Yes. | 她可能去那里看我长什么样 |
[36:38] | Now, maybe she, | 她可能去那里看我长什么样 |
[36:39] | she must’ve gone there to see what I look like. | |
[36:42] | You never talk to her? | – 你没有跟她说话? |
[36:43] | No. | – 没有 |
[36:44] | Because, Dennis, if you did, | Dennis 如果你和她说过话 |
[36:46] | maybe you held her glasses for a second. | 可能你帮她拿过眼镜 |
[36:49] | That’s how your prints got into her house. | 你的指纹就这样进入她房子 |
[36:51] | Think about it. Maybe you did talk to her. | 仔细想想 可能你真和她说过话 |
[36:54] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[36:55] | And you’re no longer thinking I’m innocent. | 而且你不再觉得我是无辜 |
[36:57] | I do. | – 我没有 – 那你为什么叫我说谎 |
[36:58] | Then why do you ask me to lie? | – 我没有 – 那你为什么叫我说谎 |
[36:59] | I am not asking you to lie… | 我没有叫你说谎 |
[37:00] | You ** fed me a lie. | – 你就是叫我说谎 – 声音小点 |
[37:01] | -Now why would you do that? -Stop raising your voice. Oh, god, god. | – 你就是叫我说谎 – 声音小点 警卫!! |
[37:09] | I’m leaving. | – 我这就走! |
[37:10] | Please don’t. Please. | – 别 |
[37:12] | I’m…I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:13] | I’m…I’m s…I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:18] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:25] | Give me a minute. | 我再呆一会儿 |
[37:44] | I’ve been here for six months. | 我在这里呆了六个月 |
[37:47] | And every time they bring me food, | 每次食物来的时候 |
[37:49] | every time a person walks by, | 每次有人走过的时候 |
[37:51] | they look in here | 他们看着这里 |
[37:54] | and they just assume me to be a killer. | 就认定我是杀人犯 |
[38:01] | Even when my wife visits, I see the doubt in her eyes. I…I…I can’t take it anymore. | 甚至我妻子来的时候也是这样 |
[38:12] | I…I just… I’m starting to make… | 我能看到她眼中的怀疑 |
[38:18] | Stacy, | 我再也受不了了 |
[38:20] | Stacy must have wanted to come check me out at the museum, | 她肯定是想来博物馆看看我 |
[38:26] | But we never met, we never spoke. | 但我们没有见面 也没有说话 |
[38:34] | It doesn’t look good. | 情况很不好 |
[38:38] | I’m gonna ask you | 我需要再让你考虑接受认罪 |
[38:40] | to consider the plea one more time. | |
[38:56] | OK. | 那好的 |
[39:00] | I didn’t trust Jacobs. | 我不信任Jacobs |
[39:01] | But I do you. | 但我信任你 |
[39:04] | You tell me to take manslaughter, | 如果你叫我接受过失杀人 |
[39:07] | I’ll take it. | 那我就接受 |
[39:09] | Tell me, whatever you say. | 你说吧 听你的 |
[39:27] | Don’t take it. | 不要接受 |
[39:31] | We’ll try the case? | 那我们上法庭? |
[39:33] | Death penalty on the line, try the case? | 死刑的可能 上法庭? |
[39:38] | Try the case. | 对 上法庭 |
[39:50] | How the hell could you say that? | 你怎么可以那样说! |
[39:51] | It’s all circumstantial. We can make reasonable… | 证据不确凿 我们能建立合理怀疑 |
[39:53] | Lindsay, he said he never met the victim. | 他说从没见过受害人 |
[39:55] | Now they have a photograph for the two of them together. | 现在多了一张两人在一起的照片! |
[39:58] | That was a coincidence. They are both attending a… | 那是巧合 他们都 |
[40:00] | A coincidence? | – 巧合?! – 或者她去看他了 |
[40:01] | Or she went to check him out but they never met. | – 巧合?! – 或者她去看他了 |
[40:03] | Come on, Lindsay, this guy is dead in the water. | 但他们没见面 Linsay 这家伙没救了 |
[40:06] | He was open to take manslaughter. | 他本打算接受过失杀人了! |
[40:07] | -He was ** into considering manslaughter. -I don’t care. | 他是受不了才 我不在乎 |
[40:10] | Anyway he gets there, he should be jumping at it. | 他应该欣然接受才对! |
[40:12] | Don’t be jumping at me. | 别跟我嚷! |
[40:13] | It’s practically malpractice. | 你这是渎职! |
[40:14] | I said don’t be jumping at me. | 你这是渎职! |
[40:16] | All right. All right. | – 好了 |
[40:17] | Would everybody just calm down? | – 大家都冷静点 好吗 |
[40:18] | 72 hours, that’s how much time we’re left. | 72小时 我们就剩这么点时间 |
[40:20] | If we lose, he gets death. | 我们输了 他要接受致命注射 |
[40:21] | Death by lethal injection, they do that here. | 死刑! 这里有死刑! |
[40:24] | Tell me what the hell we have to convince the jury of reasonable doubt. | 我们有什么来跟陪审团建立合理怀疑 |
[40:28] | He didn’t do it, I know it. | 我知道他没有杀人 |
[40:29] | That isn’t enough. | – 那还不够! – 够的! |
[40:30] | Yes, it is. We get people off. | – 我们帮人脱身 – 要有证据啊! |
[40:32] | With evidence. | 他是无辜的!! |
[40:33] | He is innocent. | 他是无辜的!! |
[40:41] | He is innocent. | 他是无辜的 |
[40:54] | All right.Look, | 好了 |
[40:57] | we all got on a plane and came out here, | 我们都飞过来了 |
[41:00] | wasn’t to get pushed around by some judge, | 我们才不怕这个法官 |
[41:03] | wasn’t to get spat on by a cocky detective, | 还有这个牛逼哄哄的警察 |
[41:05] | and it wasn’t to quit. | 我们更不能放弃! |
[41:07] | Lindsay is right. We’re fighters. | Linsay说得对 我们是斗士 |
[41:10] | We flew across country to fight for Dennis Mills. | 我们飞跃国土 为Dennis战斗 |
[41:14] | So that’s what we do. | 所以我们就要开战 |
[41:16] | 72 hours from now, | 还有72小时 |
[41:17] | the gloves come off and we do what we do. | 我们严阵以待 我们做好分内事情 |
[41:21] | That judge, that DA, | 是时候让那个法官 检察官 |
[41:23] | time for them to get a taste of us. | 看看我们的厉害 |