| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:04] | Hey, Richard. | 嗨,Richard。 | 
| [00:05] | Never mind. | 别担心了 | 
| [00:07] | What do you mean, never mind? I called your name. | 你什么意思,不用担心了?我喊了你的名字 | 
| [00:08] | With a tone. | 那是装腔作势 | 
| [00:09] | All right, come on. | 好了,拜托 | 
| [00:11] | I’ll give you voluntary. | 我打算给你提出故意非预谋杀人罪的条件 | 
| [00:13] | Make it involuntary, you have a deal. | 如果改成非故意的无预谋杀人罪(过失杀人), 我们就接受 | 
| [00:15] | I can’t. | 我不能 | 
| [00:16] | Richard. Richard。 | |
| [00:17] | I’ve got marching orders. | 我得到了指示 | 
| [00:19] | Remember this thing was on tape. | 别忘了这些事都被录像了 | 
| [00:20] | We’ve got public outcry to deal with. | 我们还要去应付公众的抗议 | 
| [00:22] | Public outcry? The public is with her. | 公众抗议?公众是跟她站在一边儿的 | 
| [00:24] | Ellenor, I’m giving you manslaughter for a premeditated murder. | Ellenor,我现在是对一个有预谋谋杀罪行 提出了非预谋谋杀的交易条件 | 
| [00:28] | Why can’t you ever take a gift and smile? | 你为什么不收下礼物并报以微笑呢? | 
| [00:39] | It is a good deal, Sally. | 这个交易还不错,Sally | 
| [00:41] | The only possible defense we have is temporary insanity. | 我们能使用的辩护理由只有暂时性精神错乱 | 
| [00:45] | And because you don’t want to say that you were insane… | 但因为你不想说你有些精神。。。 | 
| [00:48] | I wasn’t. | 我是不想说 | 
| [00:51] | Well, then I think that we should jump at manslaughter. | 我觉得我们应该乐于接受非预谋杀人罪 | 
| [00:57] | You will probably be sentenced to eight years. | 你可能会判监禁八年 | 
| [01:00] | And with any luck, you’d only have to serve three or four. | 如果运气好的话,只需要服刑3-4年 | 
| [01:04] | Sally, you shot an unarmed man. | Sally, 你射杀了一个手无寸铁的男人 | 
| [01:09] | If somebody raped and murdered my daughter, | 如果有人强奸或者杀害了我的女儿 | 
| [01:11] | I might have done the same thing. | 我可能会做同样的事 | 
| [01:13] | But the problem is you planed it. | 但是问题在于你是有计划的 | 
| [01:16] | If we go for a not guilty on the elements, | 在这个要件存在的情况下, 如果我们寻求无罪判决 | 
| [01:20] | you could be going to prison for life. | 你可能会落得终身监禁 | 
| [01:23] | Take the manslaughter. | 接受非预谋杀人罪 | 
| [01:29] | No. | 不 | 
| [01:30] | Sally. Sally。 | |
| [01:31] | No. | 绝不 | 
| [01:37] | Ok. | 好吧 | 
| [01:38] | So the trial will start tomorrow. | 那么,庭审明天开始 | 
| [01:46] | Guard. | 警卫 | 
| [01:48] | Ok, we’re gonna see you at the court house. | 好的,我们会去法院看你 | 
| [02:47] | How could she not take it? | 她怎么没有接受呀? | 
| [02:48] | She doesn’t want to serve three years… | 她连三年牢也不想坐。。。 | 
| [02:50] | So she’ll be serving life if she doesn’t accept. | 如果她不接受的话,她将会被关一辈子 | 
| [02:51] | Bobby, I told her that, so did Jimmy. | Bobby,我跟她说了,Jimmy也是 | 
| [02:53] | She wants to try to beat it. | 她想试试看能不能打赢 | 
| [02:55] | Did you tell her the odds? | 你们告诉她胜算了吗? | 
| [02:56] | Yes, we did. | 是的,我们说了 | 
| [02:57] | So, what are you arguing? Insanity? | 那么,你们打算用什么辩护理由?精神失常? | 
| [02:58] | No, unfortunately, she doesn’t want to do that either. | 不是,不幸的是,她也不想用这个理由 | 
| [03:01] | Who is in charge here? | 这事谁说了算? | 
| [03:02] | She is, she is the client, remember? | 是她,她是委托人,你不记得了? | 
| [03:03] | And you’re her lawyer which means you need to make her understand… | 可你是她的律师,这意味着你必须要让她搞清楚。。。 | 
| [03:05] | Bobby, don’t lecture me. | Bobby,别跟我讲大道理 | 
| [03:07] | Judge Hiller is sitting, she won’t let you argue nullification, | 是Hiller法官主持本案审理, 她不会听任你说服(陪审团)拒认(法律) | 
| [03:09] | you know she won’t. | 你知道她不会的 | 
| [03:11] | Have we got a psychiatrist to say she was insane? | 我们找到了可以作证说她精神失常的精神病专家了吗? | 
| [03:14] | I got doctor Thibodeau stand by. | 我让Thibodeau医生准备了 | 
| [03:16] | I’m telling you, she will not let us do it. | 我告诉你,她不会允许我们这样做 | 
| [03:18] | Ellenor, this thing is all over the news. | Ellenor,新闻上全是这事 | 
| [03:21] | Which means if Sally Berg goes down on murder one, | 这意味着如果Sally Berg被判一级谋杀 | 
| [03:23] | We’ll be played for the idiots, not her. | 是我们会被当成傻瓜,而不是她 | 
| [03:25] | Oh, so, this is about our ego? | 噢,所以,这事有关我们的自尊心了? | 
| [03:26] | Partly is. But it goes with her best interests. | 某种程度上是的,但这建立在她获得最大利益之上 | 
| [03:30] | You go back to her and make her see if she doesn’t plead insanity… | 你们再去见她, 让她明白如果她不用精神失常辩护的话。。。 | 
| [03:32] | We tried. | 我们试过了 | 
| [03:33] | Try again. | 再试试 | 
| [03:35] | If she refuses, file a motion to withdraw as counsel. | 如果她拒绝,提交推出辩护的动议 | 
| [03:38] | Bobby, this is just like our rabbi case, | Bobby,这很像我们做的那个拉比的案子 | 
| [03:41] | maybe we could argue moral duress again. | 也许我们可以再用一次道德胁迫的辩护理由 | 
| [03:43] | No, Jimmy, because this time, we have judge Hiller. | 不行,Jimmy,因为这次,我们碰上的是Hiller法官 | 
| [03:46] | Go back to the client, | 回去找委托人 | 
| [03:47] | she either takes manslaugher, pleads insanity, | 她要么接受非预谋杀人,要么用精神失常辩护 | 
| [03:50] | or we withdraw. | 或者我们就不干了 | 
| [04:01] | Hey, Sally. | 嗨,Sally | 
| [04:08] | All right, listen, | 好了,听着 | 
| [04:09] | As much as you oppose it on prinple, | 我们和你一样反对用精神失常做理由 | 
| [04:11] | we all agreed that if we’re gonna go to trial, | 但我们都认为,如果我们选择庭审 | 
| [04:14] | we have to go with temporary insanity. | 我们不得不采用暂时性精神失常的理由来辩护 | 
| [04:17] | The only other choice we have | 我们唯一还可以选择的 | 
| [04:20] | is jury nullification. | 是陪审团拒认法律 | 
| [04:22] | And that judge will shut us down in a second. | 但当值法官会立即制止我们的 | 
| [04:24] | But if we win on temporary, you could avoid prison altogether. | 但如果我们用暂时性精神失常辩护成功, 你可以完全不用坐牢了 | 
| [04:29] | You have a chance, but you have to let us do our job. | 你有一个机会,但你必须要让我们放手去做 | 
| [04:33] | If we’re to give you the best representation… | 如果我们为你做出最好的辩护。。。 | 
| [04:36] | What did she say? | 她说什么? | 
| [04:37] | She just called me a bitch. | 她刚骂我是婊子 | 
| [04:38] | Look, | 喂, | 
| [04:39] | I don’t need you, and I don’t need this case. | 我不需要伺候你,也不需要非得做这个案子 | 
| [04:41] | You could get life, I don’t really care. | 你会终身监禁的,我对此毫不关心 | 
| [05:04] | He killed my baby. | 他杀了我的宝贝 | 
| [05:32] | Let me do my job, let me do my job. | 让我们放手去做 | 
| [05:55] | What? What’s going on? | 怎么样?发生了什么? | 
| [05:59] | We’re pleading temporary insanity. | 我们用暂时性精神失常做辩护 | 
| [06:13] | Richard. Richard, | |
| [06:14] | Helen. Helen。 | |
| [06:15] | To what do I owe this? | 什么风把您给吹来了? | 
| [06:17] | Ah, well, actually, | 呃,实际上 | 
| [06:20] | I was just assigned second chair. | 我刚被指派做次席 | 
| [06:22] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? | 
| [06:24] | It’s getting a lot of heat, so… | 这案子现在变得很受关注了,所以。。。 | 
| [06:26] | They put you on to, what, backstop me? | 他们安排你来,怎么着,支援我? | 
| [06:29] | I asked to be put on it. | 是我要求加入的 | 
| [06:31] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [06:32] | Well, | 嗯 | 
| [06:35] | Helen,What’s going on? | Helen,到底怎么回事? | 
| [06:39] | going on is… | 是因为。。。 | 
| [06:41] | you’re a little under review. | 对你有一点审查 | 
| [06:43] | What do you mean I’m under review? | 你说这是什么意思? | 
| [06:45] | You’ve dropped some big trials and in addition to losing these cases, | 你搞砸过一些大案子,此外还在输掉一些案子 | 
| [06:49] | you’ve also lost your poise. | 你也失去了你的自信 | 
| [06:51] | especially against Ellenor Frutt. | 尤其是面对Ellenor Frutt时 | 
| [06:54] | Richard, it’s an election year. | Richard,这是选举年 | 
| [06:56] | There could be some changes. | 会有一些变数 | 
| [06:59] | You don’t want this one getting away from you, trust me. | 你不希望这个案子从你手里跑掉,相信我 | 
| [07:04] | So you…you asked to be put on | 所以你。。。你要求加入 | 
| [07:07] | because I could lose my job? | 因为我会丢了工作? | 
| [07:09] | It hasn’t come to that, | 那还不至于 | 
| [07:12] | but we don’t want it to. | 但我们不想到那一步 | 
| [07:16] | There isn’t a DA in this department | 这部门里,没有一个检察官 | 
| [07:18] | who goes in more prepared than I do | 比我做得准备还充分 | 
| [07:20] | every single trial. | 每个案子都是 | 
| [07:22] | I know that. But… | 我知道这些,但是。。。 | 
| [07:24] | You’ve had some pretty high profile defeats and, | 你已经有些相当惹眼的惨败了 | 
| [07:27] | you’ve been somewhat a loose canon. | 而且你有点变成loose canon了 (战船上没有被绑紧的火炮, 比喻一意孤行并给内部造成威胁的人) | 
| [07:33] | Richard, let’s just win this. | Richard, 就让我们赢下这个案子吧 | 
| [07:46] | 390 people? | 390个人? | 
| [07:48] | It’s not my fault. | 这不怪我 | 
| [07:49] | You invited 390 people to our wedding? | 你邀请了390个人来参加我们的婚礼? | 
| [07:53] | I didn’t invite them. | 我没有邀请他们 | 
| [07:54] | The idiot at the stationary shop made the mistake. | 文具店的那个白痴给弄错了 | 
| [07:56] | There were two lists. | 本来有两个名单 | 
| [07:56] | One was just the notice of our marriage after the wedding | 其中一个名单,只需在婚礼后通知他们我们结婚了 | 
| [07:59] | She sent invitations to both lists! | 她按两个名单全都发了邀请! | 
| [08:01] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? | 
| [08:02] | 390 people got invited to our wedding. | 会有390个人来参加我们的婚礼 | 
| [08:05] | So what do we do now? Uninvite them? | 那么我们现在怎么办?取消对他们的邀请? | 
| [08:07] | Send out a notice, “Hey, we never meant to include you.” | 发一个通知“嗨,我们从没想把你算进来” | 
| [08:09] | It wasn’t my fault! | 这不是我的错! | 
| [08:11] | Lindsay, you were in charge of this. | Lindsay,是你负责这事的 | 
| [08:12] | Only because you couldn’t be bothered. | 就是因为不能打搅你 | 
| [08:14] | I couldn’t even get you to look at the invitations. | 我甚至不能让你看一下这些请柬 | 
| [08:16] | Oh, this is my fault? | 喔,这么说是我的错了? | 
| [08:17] | Well it isn’t mine. | 反正不是我的错 | 
| [08:18] | You want to get married, but I have to do all of the planning. | 你想结婚,但是我必须要做所有的计划 | 
| [08:20] | Hey, if it were up to me, we’d elope. | 嗨,如果是我的话,我们就私奔吧 | 
| [08:22] | You know what, you plan it. | 你知道吗,你策划了这些 | 
| [08:24] | 390 people, I don’t even know 390 people! | 390个人呀,我甚至认不全这390个人! | 
| [08:27] | I think you both are acting out. | 我觉得你们俩都是在借机宣泄 | 
| [08:28] | Stay out of it. | 我不管了 | 
| [08:36] | We had just taken Mr. Whittier under custody. | 我们那时刚拘押了Whittier先生 | 
| [08:39] | Where was that? | 在哪里? | 
| [08:40] | At his own house. | 在他自己家里 | 
| [08:41] | And as we were leaving the dwelling, | 当我们离开住所的时候 | 
| [08:43] | I observed Ms. Berg approached from acrossed the street. | 我观察到Berg女士从街对面过来了 | 
| [08:47] | What happened next, officer? | 接下来发生了什么,警官? | 
| [08:48] | My partner and both instructed her not to approach, | 我和我的搭档都示意不让她靠近 | 
| [08:51] | but she kept coming. | 但它还是继续过来 | 
| [08:52] | Then suddenly she’s raising her gun, | 随后突然她举起了枪 | 
| [08:54] | saying something about her daughter. | 说了些有关她女儿的事 | 
| [08:56] | This woman right here? | 就是这个女人吗? | 
| [08:57] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [08:59] | We then reached for our own weapons, but it was too late. | 我们想掏出我们枪,但已经太迟了 | 
| [09:02] | Your honor, at this time, we’d like to play the videotape. | 法官大人,此时,我想播放一段录像 | 
| [09:05] | Go ahead, Mr. Bay. | 继续,Bay先生 | 
| [09:09] | This arrest of course has been anticipated since early this morning when.. | 今早的早些时候,拘捕行动已经提前进行。。。 | 
| [09:12] | Um, this is Michael Whittier, | 嗯,这是Michael Whittier | 
| [09:15] | he is in custody. | 他被拘捕了 | 
| [09:17] | You see him there in the middle, | 你们看到的中间那个就是他 | 
| [09:18] | and he’s apparently offering no resistence. | 他显然没有进行抵抗 | 
| [09:21] | Michael Whittier was… | Michael Whittier是。。。 | 
| [09:23] | Ok, at this time I’d like to direct your attention | 好了,此时,我想要提醒你们注意 | 
| [09:26] | to the right side of the screen. | 屏幕的右侧 | 
| [09:28] | This happens pretty quickly. | 这发生得相当快 | 
| [09:30] | again, a suspect in the rape and murder of seven-year-old Jessica Berg, | 重审一下,是一个奸杀了一名七岁女孩Jessica Berg的嫌犯 | 
| [09:36] | Rumors of his arrest have been in… | 他被捕的传闻一直在。。。 | 
| [09:39] | He’s been shot! | 他被枪击了! | 
| [09:41] | Michael Whittier has just been shot. | Michael Whittier刚遭到了枪击 | 
| [09:43] | Someone has fired. | 有人开枪了 | 
| [09:44] | I know I heard at least two shots. | 我觉得我听到了两声枪响 | 
| [09:46] | But he is down. | 他倒下了 | 
| [09:47] | Michael Whittier has just been shot. | Michael Whittier刚被枪击了 | 
| [09:49] | The police have the shooter, but I can’t see… | 警察控制住了枪手,但我看不到。。。 | 
| [09:53] | He has been shot. | 他被枪击了 | 
| [09:58] | Officer Finlay, do you see in the courtroom the person who fired those shots? | 最后,警官,你在法庭上看到了开枪的人吗? | 
| [10:05] | It was the defendant. | 那就是被告 | 
| [10:15] | Bobby. I don’t mean to be nosy, but | Bobby,我不想多管闲事,但是。。。 | 
| [10:17] | You don’t mean to be nosy? Since when? | 你不想多管闲事?什么时候开始的? | 
| [10:20] | Look. Obviously you two are fighting. | 你俩显然吵架了 | 
| [10:22] | We’re not fighting. | 我们没有 | 
| [10:23] | Well, she’s fighting. | 好吧,她在吵架 | 
| [10:24] | But you’re just not involved enough to realize it. | 但是你就是没足够用心去搞明白 | 
| [10:27] | Lucy, I think you should just stay out of things, is that possible? | Lucy,我觉得你应该一边儿呆着去,行吗? | 
| [10:31] | Foley depo. | Foley depo | 
| [10:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [10:33] | We go in for our marriage license today. | 我们今天要去领结婚证书 | 
| [10:35] | Did you manage to remember that? | 你想起来了吗? | 
| [10:37] | Yes. | 嗯 | 
| [10:38] | Good. | 那就好 | 
| [10:39] | What is your problem? | 你有毛病吧? | 
| [10:41] | Problem? I don’t have a problem. | 毛病?我没毛病 | 
| [10:42] | Look, Lindsay, you screwed up the invitations. | 你看,Lindsay,你搞砸了邀请函的事 | 
| [10:44] | -Not me. -Maybe if I had a little help. | -不怪我 -也许如果我帮你一下 | 
| [10:45] | Here we go. | 又来了 | 
| [10:46] | Don’t “here we go” me. | 别跟我说“又来了” | 
| [10:47] | I have had to do everything, Bobby. | 什么事都需要我做,Bobby | 
| [10:49] | You know, I had to make the lists | 你知道的,我必须要做列表 | 
| [10:51] | First you complain that I was booking everything | 首先你抱怨我预订的一切 | 
| [10:53] | I meant the church and your dead mother’s dress. | 我是说教堂和你已故的妈妈的衣服 | 
| [10:54] | But when it comes to doing the real work, you just can’t be bothered. | 但是要开始真正的工作了,你就是不能被打搅了 | 
| [10:58] | Well, I’m bothered now. | 好了,我现在很烦 | 
| [11:00] | I don’t think you even want to be married. | 我认为你甚至不想结婚了 | 
| [11:02] | Here we go!! | 又来了!! | 
| [11:03] | Don’t “here we go” me! | 别跟我说“又来了” | 
| [11:05] | If you “here we go” me one more time I am going to scream, okay? | 如果你再说一次“又来了”,我就会尖叫起来,明白吗? | 
| [11:07] | Do you hear me? | 你听到我说了吗? | 
| [11:08] | Listen to yourself! | 说话过脑子吗!! | 
| [11:09] | Ooh, and I hate that one too. Listen to yourself. | 噢,这句我也讨厌,“听听你自己都说了些什么” | 
| [11:10] | “Here we go” and “Listen to yourself”. | “又来了”和“说话过脑子吗” | 
| [11:12] | If you ever say those in our marriage, I will scream!! Okay? | 如果你在我们的婚姻中还说这两个词, 我就会尖叫起来,明白吗? | 
| [11:15] | It’s good to know these things before we become husband and wife. | 在我们成为夫妻钱搞清楚这些事是有好处的 | 
| [11:17] | You know, this is very, very healthy! | 你知道,这是非常非常健康的! | 
| [11:21] | Bug off! | 滚开! | 
| [11:24] | Well. It’s nice to know you can make her scream. | 很高兴知道你能让她发出尖叫 | 
| [11:33] | As you can see, we were back far enough. | 如你们所见,我们把时间倒回去足够远 | 
| [11:36] | There she’s getting out of her car. | 她从那里下车 | 
| [11:38] | She’s got something in her coat. | 她大衣下有些东西 | 
| [11:40] | She’s moving across the street. | 她横穿过街道 | 
| [11:42] | The police were all on the street, so there’s no one stop her. | 警察都在街上,那没人去阻止她 | 
| [11:46] | Ok, here it comes. | 注意,发生了 | 
| [11:47] | She pulls up the weapon, bang, bang. | 你拔出枪,嘭,嘭 | 
| [11:50] | She drops the weapon, and puts her hands up. | 她扔掉武器,举起手来 | 
| [11:52] | And she’s tackled by the officers. | 她被警官们擒住了 | 
| [11:56] | That’s pretty much it. | 差不多就是这样了。 | 
| [12:06] | What do you mean you can’t tesitify? | 你说你不能证明是什么意思? | 
| [12:07] | Look, I didn’t think she was insane to begin with. | 我不认为她最初精神失常了 | 
| [12:10] | I was prepared to say she might have been. | 我准备说她可能会有精神问题 | 
| [12:12] | So, what’s changed? | 所以,有哪些变化? | 
| [12:14] | That tape I just saw. | 这盘录像我才看到 | 
| [12:15] | I haven’t seen it before. | 我以前没有看到过这个 | 
| [12:16] | And clearly, she is calm, composed. | 很明显,她是平静和沉着的 | 
| [12:18] | That doesn’t mean she wasn’t in a rage. | 但那不能说明她不是怒火中烧 | 
| [12:20] | Maybe she was, | 也是她是的 | 
| [12:21] | but you’re asking me to testify she couldn’t distinguish right from wrong. | 但你要求我去证实她不能区分对错了 | 
| [12:24] | I can’t say that. | 我不能那样说 | 
| [12:26] | She put her hands up over her head, | 在开了那两枪之后, | 
| [12:28] | very calmly after she fired those shots. | 她非常平静地举起双手过头 | 
| [12:30] | That tells me she expected to be arrested. | 那告诉我的是她希望被捕 | 
| [12:33] | It tells me she knew what she was doing was wrong. | 告诉我她知道她做的是错事 | 
| [12:35] | Oh, come on. | 噢,拉倒吧 | 
| [12:37] | This defense was a stretch to begin with, Ellenor. | 辩护重点要放在最初那一段时间上,Ellenor | 
| [12:39] | I can’t stretch it that far. | 我无法展开那么远 | 
| [12:41] | You have before. | 你以前这样做过 | 
| [12:42] | No, I haven’t, Eugene. | 不,我做不到,Eugene | 
| [12:44] | And certainly not on television. | 那些也肯定没有被录下来 | 
| [12:46] | I have a professional reputation too, | 我也有职业信誉呀 | 
| [12:47] | you ever think about that? | 你考虑过这一点吗? | 
| [12:48] | Think about it, we’re paying you for it. | 我们给你付钱了,你还是考虑一下这点吧 | 
| [12:50] | We gave you 10000 dollars. | 我们给了你一万美金 | 
| [12:52] | I’ll refund the money. | 我退钱就是了 | 
| [12:53] | You can’t jump ship like this. | 你不能就这样逃跑了 | 
| [12:55] | I’m not about to commit perjury. | 我可不打算去做伪证 | 
| [12:57] | And if I testified I thought your client was temporary insane, | 而且如果我作证说 我认为你们的委托人有暂时性精神失常 | 
| [13:00] | I would be doing so. | 那我也可能是精神失常了 | 
| [13:04] | If you don’t testify, she could be facing life. | 如果你不出庭作证,她将面临终身监禁 | 
| [13:07] | Your client committed murder, Ellenor. | 你的委托人犯了谋杀罪,Ellenor | 
| [13:10] | You don’t want to be introducing my opinion. | 你不会想(让我作证)表达出我这个观点的 | 
| [13:20] | Now what? | 现在该怎么办? | 
| [13:24] | We got doctor Lanning. | 我们找Lanning医生 | 
| [13:26] | Doctor dope? | 蠢货医生? | 
| [13:27] | At least he’ll say what we want. | 起码他会按着我们的意思去说 | 
| [13:30] | This is just great. | 这真行 | 
| [13:39] | I think I should take her cross. | 我想应该由我对她进行交叉盘问 | 
| [13:41] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [13:42] | No offense, but I just think I’m able to come off more sympathetic than you. | 无心冒犯,但我只是想我能表现得比你更有同情心 | 
| [13:46] | You? Sympathetic? | 你?你还有同情心? | 
| [13:47] | Richard, it’s a woman on trial, she lost her daughter. | Richard,这是在审判一个失去女儿的女人 | 
| [13:50] | I just think it makes more sense to have a woman cross her. | 我只是认为由一个女人去盘问她会更有道理些 | 
| [13:55] | On the other side, I think I can go softer than you, | 另一方面,我觉得我会比你更柔和些 | 
| [13:58] | it’s not your strength. | 这可不是你擅长的 | 
| [14:02] | How close am I to losing my job, Helen? | Helen,我离丢掉饭碗不远了吧? | 
| [14:04] | I didn’t say you were about to lose your job. | 我可没有说你将丢掉饭碗 | 
| [14:06] | Just the game, under review. | 只是一场游戏,被审查中 | 
| [14:09] | Let’s just forget about ego, | 让我们抛开自我意识 | 
| [14:11] | let’s just concentrate on getting this conviction. | 让我们把注意力集中到如何定罪上 | 
| [14:22] | And your social security? | 你的社会保障号? | 
| [14:23] | 062-36-0749. | 062-36-0749 | 
| [14:29] | Okay. First marriage for both? | 嗯,你俩都是第一次结婚吗? | 
| [14:31] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [14:32] | Fine. | 这挺好 | 
| [14:34] | And do we have copies of our blood tests? | 你们验血的副本带了吗? | 
| [14:43] | Uh, excellent. Okay. | 呃,很好,可以了 | 
| [14:46] | This is an AIDS education pamphlet | 这是一本艾滋病教育小册子。 | 
| [14:48] | which I’m required under Massachusetts law to give to you. | 这是依据马萨诸塞州法律给你们的 | 
| [14:51] | Fine. | 好的 | 
| [14:51] | Okay, I just need $25 in cash. | 好了,我需要收25美金现金 | 
| [14:58] | Excellent. | 很好 | 
| [14:59] | Okay, here you go. | 好了,给你们 | 
| [15:03] | Have a wonderful marriage. | 祝婚姻美满 | 
| [15:07] | She had been missing for two days when I got the call from the police. | 我接到警察的电话时,她失踪两天了。 | 
| [15:12] | The call? | 电话? | 
| [15:14] | They said they thought they’d found my daughter. | 他们说他们觉得找到了我的女儿。 | 
| [15:17] | And they asked if I would go to the coroner’s office | 然后他们问我是否愿意来法医办公室 | 
| [15:21] | to identify her. | 去确认一下 | 
| [15:22] | And did you go? | 你去了吗? | 
| [15:25] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [15:29] | They took me into a room, | 他们把我带进一间房间 | 
| [15:31] | and showed me her body. | 给我看了她的尸体 | 
| [15:38] | And she was dead? | 她已经死了吗? | 
| [15:41] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [15:44] | Did you make the identification? | 你做了确认吗? | 
| [15:48] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [15:51] | Do you have any other children, Sally? | 你还有别的孩子吗?Sally | 
| [15:54] | No. | 没有了 | 
| [15:55] | And Jessica’s father? | Jessica的父亲是? | 
| [15:57] | He died three years ago. | 他三年前去世了 | 
| [16:00] | At some point, you became aware | 在某个时候,你知道了 | 
| [16:03] | that Mr. Whittier was a suspect in Jessica’s death? | Whittier先生是致死Jessica的嫌犯? | 
| [16:06] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [16:07] | I saw it on the morning news. | 我在早间新闻上看到了 | 
| [16:10] | That his psychiatrist had turned him in, | 他的心理医生举报了他 | 
| [16:15] | and the police were planning to arrest him. | 警察正在计划逮捕他 | 
| [16:17] | Had you ever met Mr. Whittier before? | 你以前见过Whittier先生吗? | 
| [16:22] | Yes. | 见过 | 
| [16:29] | He was Jessica’s soccer coach. | 他是Jessica的足球教练 | 
| [16:33] | I would like for you to tell the court | 我想请你告诉法庭 | 
| [16:35] | what happened on that morning. | 那天早上发生了什么? | 
| [16:40] | I took my gun, | 我拿了我的枪 | 
| [16:42] | I, drove to his house, | 我,开车去他家 | 
| [16:46] | I saw that the police were already there. | 我看到警察已经在那里了 | 
| [16:50] | I parked my car two houses away. | 我在离那里两户外停好车 | 
| [16:56] | And I waited. | 等着 | 
| [16:58] | Waited for what? | 等什么? | 
| [16:59] | For him to come out. | 等他出来 | 
| [17:01] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [17:03] | So I could kill him. | 那样我就能杀了他 | 
| [17:07] | Can you tell the court | 你能告诉法庭 | 
| [17:09] | what you were thinking when you approached him? | 当你靠近他的时候你在想什么? | 
| [17:17] | I was thinking about | 我在想 | 
| [17:22] | about Jessica, Jessica | |
| [17:29] | her last minutes. | 她临死的时候 | 
| [17:34] | how she probably couldn’t understand why this was happening to her. | 她是多么难以理解发生在她身上的事 | 
| [17:44] | what was going through her mind | 她当时想了什么 | 
| [17:48] | when his hands were around her throat. | 当他的手掐住她的喉咙的时候 | 
| [17:57] | What was | 当他奸污她的时候 | 
| [18:02] | when he was inside of her. | 她想了什么 | 
| [18:10] | She was only seven. | 她才七岁 | 
| [18:12] | She was only seven. | 她才七岁呀 | 
| [18:50] | Do you want to marry her or not? | 你到底想和她结婚吗? | 
| [18:53] | Of course I want to marry her. | 我当然想了 | 
| [18:56] | Then act like it! | 那就做得像回事! | 
| [18:57] | What have I done? | 我做了什么? | 
| [18:58] | You’re done nothing, Bobby. | 你啥也没做,Bobby | 
| [19:00] | That’s the problem. | 这就是问题所在 | 
| [19:01] | She shows you her dress, you hardly glance at it. | 他给你看了礼服,你几乎没有瞥一眼 | 
| [19:04] | The invitations you couldn’t be bothered. | 你不应因请柬的事烦恼 | 
| [19:06] | You’ve completely disengaged her. I don’t blame her. | 你完全和她脱离了,我不怪她 | 
| [19:09] | All that stuff is so trivial. | 这些都是琐碎的事 | 
| [19:10] | It’s a big deal to her! | 这对她是大事! | 
| [19:14] | Bobby, this is the biggest day of her life. | Bobby,这是她一生中的最重要的日子 | 
| [19:18] | That should mean something to you. Does it? | 那对你意味着些什么,是吧? | 
| [19:21] | Of course it does. | 当然了 | 
| [19:22] | Then show her that. | 那就让她看到 | 
| [19:23] | We’re in May, you got a June wedding, | 现在是5月了,6月份就要举办婚礼 | 
| [19:26] | you haven’t even picked out your best man yet. | 你甚至还没有挑选你的伴郎 | 
| [19:28] | Look at me! | 看着我! | 
| [19:31] | You’re always on the hustle. | 你总是很忙碌 | 
| [19:32] | Don’t let your wedding day sneak up on you. | 不要让你的大喜日子悄悄来临 | 
| [19:35] | You’re always dashing off to court, trying to get this guy free, | 你总是潇潇洒洒地进出法庭,为某个人争取自由 | 
| [19:38] | trying to get that guy bail, | 或者为了保释谁 | 
| [19:39] | trying to overturn what happened to the other guy. | 或者为了撤销某个其他人的判决 | 
| [19:42] | Lindsay’s your life. | Lindsay才是你的生活 | 
| [19:46] | I know that. | 我知道的 | 
| [19:48] | Show her that too. | 也要让她看到 | 
| [19:54] | How many days after your daughter’s death | 你的女儿死后多少天, | 
| [19:57] | did you see on the news that the police were about to make an arrest? | 你在新闻上看到警察将要实施逮捕行动? | 
| [20:01] | Three. | 三天 | 
| [20:02] | And after hearing this news, | 在听到这个消息后 | 
| [20:05] | you then retrieved your gun? | 你取回了你的枪? | 
| [20:08] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [20:09] | You then called your real estate broker and canceled your appointment? | 你随后打电话给你的不动产经纪人取消了会面? | 
| [20:15] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [20:16] | And you drove to the suspect’s house? | 然后你驱车去嫌犯的家? | 
| [20:19] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [20:20] | And you decided to park at a neighbour’s house | 你决定在邻居家那里停车 | 
| [20:23] | so you wouldn’t be detected by the police? | 是为了你不会被警察发现? | 
| [20:30] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [20:31] | Where did you keep your gun at home, Ms. Berg? | 你把枪放在家里的什么地方,Berg女士 | 
| [20:35] | In the safe. | 保险箱 | 
| [20:36] | Combination safe? | 密码保险箱? | 
| [20:38] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [20:39] | Do you keep it loaded? | 装上子弹了吗? | 
| [20:42] | No. I have to load it. | 没有,我没装子弹 | 
| [20:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [20:47] | Ms. Berg, | Berg女士 | 
| [20:50] | I’m deeply sorry for your loss. | 我对您的遭遇深表同情 | 
| [20:54] | You’re here to put me in prison, Ms. Gamble. | Gamble女士,你在这里是为了把我关进监狱 | 
| [20:57] | Don’t tell me how sorry you are, | 所以别跟我提什么同情 | 
| [21:00] | unless you’ve had a child taken from you, | 除非你也有一个孩子被夺走 | 
| [21:03] | you can’t begin to understand my loss. | 否则你不可能理解我的 | 
| [21:16] | Ms. Frutt? | Frutt女士? | 
| [21:18] | The witness may step down. | 证人可以退席了 | 
| [21:20] | Please call your next witness. | 请传唤你的下一位证人 | 
| [21:27] | The defense rests. | 辩方举证完毕 | 
| [21:37] | Explain that to me. | 给我解释一下 | 
| [21:39] | I will. | 我会的 | 
| [21:40] | We don’t even call an expert? | 我们甚至都没有传唤一名专家 | 
| [21:42] | Sally was our strongest witness, | Sally是我们最强有力的证人 | 
| [21:44] | better to rest on her than doctor dope | 就此完成举证比传唤那个蠢货医生强 | 
| [21:46] | who Helen would have cleaned ** like a trout. | Helen会像清理一条鲑鱼一样收拾他 | 
| [21:48] | We need somebody to say she was insane. | 但我们需要有人来说她精神失常 | 
| [21:50] | No, we don’t. | 不用,我们不用 | 
| [21:51] | Yes, we do. | 需要,我们需要 | 
| [21:52] | We have an affirmative defense, Eugene. | 我们要有一个积极的辩护,Eugene | 
| [21:53] | We have a legal burden to prove it. | 我们有法律义务去举证 | 
| [21:55] | Ellenor, our case won’t depend on proving Sally Berg is insane. | Ellenor,我们的案子并不依赖于证明Sally Berg精神失常 | 
| [21:59] | Everybody in the room knows she wasn’t. | 法庭上每个人都知道她不是 | 
| [22:01] | We know it, the prosecution knows it. | 我们明白,控方也明白 | 
| [22:03] | So does the jury. | 陪审团也明白 | 
| [22:04] | Our case is getting those 12 people to want to send her home. | 我们的案子就是要促使这12个陪审团员想让她回家 | 
| [22:08] | And Sally’s testimony is what we need to ring in their ears. | Sally的证词就是我们需要在陪审团耳边敲响的铃声 | 
| [22:12] | Not doctor Lanning who goes from courthouse to courthouse collecting cashier’s checks. | 而不是那个在各个法院中跑来跑去 从出纳员那里领取支票的的Lanning医生 | 
| [22:16] | Our defense is emotion. | 我们的辩护策略是情感 | 
| [22:18] | We rest on the highest note. | 我们在最高的音符上停止 | 
| [22:21] | I agree. | 我同意 | 
| [22:22] | You’re forgeting Judge Hiller, | 你忽略了Hiller法官 | 
| [22:24] | she is going to instruct. | 她会给出指示的 (这里是指法官可能会要求陪审图不得拒认法律) | 
| [22:25] | If our case came down to doctor Lanning, we’d be dead. | 如果我们的案子要指望Lanning医生,我们也就输了 | 
| [22:28] | He is right, Ellenor. | 他是对的,Ellenor | 
| [22:29] | Temporary insanity, we just arguing that with a wink. | 暂时精神失常,像是一个开玩笑的理由 | 
| [22:32] | The jury knows it. | 陪审团明白这一点 | 
| [22:33] | If we try to fool them, we just lose credibility. | 如果我们试图去忽悠他们,我们就失去了信誉 | 
| [22:36] | Eugene is right. | Eugene是对的 | 
| [22:42] | It’s a big risk. | 这风险太大了 | 
| [22:45] | But we have to take it. | 但我们必须接受他 | 
| [22:49] | You ready to close? | 你准备结案陈词? | 
| [22:52] | Well, I guess I have to be. | 是的,我想必须我来做 | 
| [23:06] | That was very moving for me, getting the marriage license. | 拿到了结婚证,那让我感到很激动 | 
| [23:12] | How was it for you? | 你感觉怎么样? | 
| [23:17] | Why are we fighting? | 我们为什么吵架? | 
| [23:19] | We always seem to fight when we talk about getting married. | 似乎我们一谈到结婚就总会吵架 | 
| [23:23] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [23:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [23:28] | Do you want to get married, Bobby? | 你想结婚吗?Bobby | 
| [23:30] | Lindsay, I would marry you tonight. | Lindsay,我盼着今晚就和你结婚 | 
| [23:34] | I just hate weddings. | 我只是讨厌婚礼 | 
| [23:38] | And I’d be lying if I said I was getting all excited about this ceremony. | 如果我说我对这个仪式感到兴奋的话,我那是撒谎 | 
| [23:42] | How can a person hate weddings? | 怎么会有人讨厌婚礼? | 
| [23:44] | Because it’s all about the catering and the dresses and the flowers and | 因为这一切都是有关餐饮、服装、鲜花、 | 
| [23:49] | who’s invited and who’s sitting at whose table. | 该邀请谁、谁该坐在哪里。。。 | 
| [23:51] | It should be the most intimate moment of a couple’s life. | 这应该是一对夫妇一生中最亲密的时刻。 | 
| [23:55] | And they spend the day making sure the guests are taken care of. | 但他们却要花一整天时间照顾客人 | 
| [23:58] | There’s so much pressure that everything go smoothly. | 让一切都顺利太难了 | 
| [24:02] | I hate weddings. | 我讨厌婚礼 | 
| [24:04] | There. I said it. | 在这里,我说出来了 | 
| [24:06] | But marriage, I can’t wait for that. | 但对于婚姻,我都等不及了 | 
| [24:17] | Would you really rather elope? | 你真的宁愿私奔? | 
| [24:19] | Truthfully, yes. | 说实话,是的 | 
| [24:21] | It would be you and me without all the distractions. | 只有你我,没有别的纷扰 | 
| [24:24] | But I know you want the big wedding day. | 但我知道你盼望一个盛大的婚礼 | 
| [24:26] | And if that’s your dream. | 如果那是你的梦想 | 
| [24:27] | I wish it were your dream. | 我希望那是你的梦想 | 
| [24:29] | Lindsay, I’ve only had two dreams my whole life. | Lindsay,我一生中只有两个梦想 | 
| [24:30] | One was to pitch for the Red Sox, | 一个是为红袜队投球 | 
| [24:31] | the other was to meet and marry the greatest woman in the whole world. | 另一个就是迎娶世上最好的女人 | 
| [24:40] | One for two isn’t bad. | 能得到其中之一也不错了 | 
| [24:45] | Now, if I could just get you to take a little medication for your mood swings. | 现在,如果我能给你吃点药治治你的心绪不宁。。。 | 
| [24:47] | Is that so? | 是那样吗? | 
| [24:49] | Ow, ow, oh, okay, okay. Uncle! | 噢,噢,噢,好了,叔叔! | 
| [24:54] | I suppose we could pass a law | 假设我们通过一条法律 | 
| [24:59] | If you kill my child, I get to kill you. | 如果你杀了我的孩子,我就要杀了你 | 
| [25:02] | If you rape my child, I get to kill you. | 如果你强奸我的孩子,我也要杀了你 | 
| [25:06] | On a pure emotional level, | 在纯粹的情感层面 | 
| [25:09] | that doesn’t really offend me, truth be told. | 那真的不会让我感到不适,说句老实话 | 
| [25:13] | On an emotional level, | 在情感层面 | 
| [25:15] | I admit to take some satisfaction in Michael Whittier’s death, | 我承认我对Michael Whittier之死感到有些舒心 | 
| [25:19] | if he did what he was accused of. | 如果他确实做了那些他被指控的罪行 | 
| [25:23] | I say if because I’m not sure yet. | 我说“如果”是因为我还不确定他确实做了 | 
| [25:27] | Michael Whittier never got his day in court. | Michael Whittier从未得到出庭机会 | 
| [25:31] | He was executed before proving guilty. | 他在被证明有罪前就被处决了 | 
| [25:36] | None of us can take any satisfaction in that, | 无论从情感或者理智上 | 
| [25:39] | emotionally or intellectually. | 我们没有人能对此表示满意 | 
| [25:43] | One of the reasons we have laws | 我们制定法律的一个原因 | 
| [25:45] | is to prevent people from going around with guns | 是防止人们受他们感情的支配 | 
| [25:48] | being ruled by their emotions. | 而带着枪四处出行 | 
| [25:52] | I sympathize with Sally Berg, | 我同情Sally Berg | 
| [25:55] | as I know you do. | 正如我知道你们也是如此 | 
| [25:58] | But she wasn’t acting out of insanity on that day. | 但她那天并没有精神失常 | 
| [26:03] | She made a series of conscious choices. | 她做出了一系列有意识的选择 | 
| [26:09] | She had the steadiness in her hand to open a combination lock, | 她用手打开密码锁, | 
| [26:13] | to load a revolver, | 给左轮枪装上子弹, | 
| [26:15] | to drive a car through traffic without incident. | 安全驾驶,她做这些时都具有稳定性 | 
| [26:19] | She had the presence of mind to park where she could avoid police detection. | 她有意识地避开警察停了车。 | 
| [26:24] | She had an understanding that what she did was illegal. | 她明白她要做的是违法的事, | 
| [26:28] | That’s indicated by her raising her hands in surrender | 她在开枪之后立刻举起了双手 | 
| [26:31] | immediately after firing the shots. | 表明了这一点 | 
| [26:35] | She willfully, deliberately | 她固执地,从容地 | 
| [26:39] | with malice aforethought, | 带着怨恨的蓄谋 | 
| [26:42] | committed a pre-meditated murder. | 实施了一次预谋杀人 | 
| [26:46] | I don’t think there is any doubt about that. | 我认为这是毫无疑问的 | 
| [26:50] | The only real question here is | 唯一的问题是 | 
| [26:53] | whether you’ll embrace her vigilantism by becoming vigilantes yourselves, | 你们是把自己也当成义务警员而去接受她那自行维护治安的做法 | 
| [26:58] | or you’ll instead uphold the law you swore to uphold. | 还是代之以去维护你宣誓过要维护的法律 | 
| [27:06] | This is your trial now, ladies and gentlemen. | 现在这是你们的审判了,先生们女士们 | 
| [27:10] | This is your society. | 这是你们的社会 | 
| [27:35] | I’m not a psychiatrist, | 我不是一个心理学家 | 
| [27:37] | and neither is Mr. Bay. | Bay先生也不是 | 
| [27:40] | But I know of no medical opinions or studies | 但我知道,没有医学上的观点和研究表明 | 
| [27:45] | that say rage automatically makes you act wildly. | 愤怒会自然而然地让你胡作非为 | 
| [27:51] | Sometimes if the rage is profound enough, | 有些时候,如果愤怒到了极点 | 
| [27:55] | I would’ve imagine it could take you over, | 我能想象出来,那能把你完全控制住 | 
| [27:59] | to a point where you were even capable of cold methodical vegence. | 在某种程度上,你甚至可以非常冷静和有条不紊 | 
| [28:06] | This is the kind of profound rage, | 这种极大的愤怒 | 
| [28:10] | and grief, | 和悲伤 | 
| [28:12] | that took over Sally Berg. | 掌控了Sally Berg | 
| [28:16] | I won’t pretend to know what was going on inside her head. | 我不会假装知道在她脑海里到底想了什么 | 
| [28:21] | I have never had a child raped and murdered. | 我未曾有过孩子被强奸和杀害 | 
| [28:25] | And I would guess none of us here would presume to know such horror. | 我想我们这里没有人对这种恐怖有体会 | 
| [28:45] | This is Jessica Berg. | 这是Jessica Berg | 
| [28:46] | She loved to collect and trade pokemon cards. | 她喜欢收集和交换口袋妖怪卡 | 
| [28:52] | She liked her stuffed animals more than her dolls. | 相比玩具娃娃,她更喜欢她的毛绒动物 | 
| [28:56] | She… | 她。。。 | 
| [28:59] | She loved to play soccer. | 她喜欢玩足球 | 
| [29:08] | I would like to take a moment. | 我想稍微停一下 | 
| [29:11] | And I would ask you to try and imagine | 而且我想请你们试着想像一下 | 
| [29:16] | the last few minutes of her life. | 她生命中最后的几分钟 | 
| [29:59] | Imagine being her mother. | 想象成为她的母亲。 | 
| [30:37] | You’re going to elope? | 你打算私奔? | 
| [30:38] | Shhh, he’ll hear you. | 嘘,他会听到的 | 
| [30:41] | Well, isnt he going to be a part of it? | 难道,他不在这个私奔计划中吗? | 
| [30:44] | I’m gonna surprise him. | 我想给他一个惊喜 | 
| [30:45] | You’re going to throw a surprise elopement? | 你打算抛出一个令人惊喜的私奔? | 
| [30:48] | This is the best way to handle those 390 invitations. | 这是处理那390个请柬的最好办法了 | 
| [30:50] | We elope, and tell people we’re already married. | 我们私奔,然后告诉大家我们已经结婚了 | 
| [30:53] | Then we have a small ceremony later and invite the people that we really want. | 然后我们邀请我们真正想请的朋友 举行一个小的仪式 | 
| [30:57] | Tonight? | 今晚? | 
| [30:58] | Tonight. | 今晚 | 
| [30:59] | Like in 3 hours from right now? | 从现在算3个小时 | 
| [31:01] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [31:04] | Oh, my God. | 噢,天呀 | 
| [31:06] | Yeah. | 哈 | 
| [31:10] | If I lose this trial because you cried… | 如果因为你哭了导致我输了这案子。。。 | 
| [31:12] | They didn’t see me cry. | 他们没看见我哭了 | 
| [31:13] | So you cover your face, | 所以你掩住你的脸 | 
| [31:15] | I doubt they’d thought you were trying to hide a pimple. | 我怀疑他们是想你是试图遮住一颗粉刺 | 
| [31:17] | The problem isn’t me crying. | 问题不在于我哭 | 
| [31:18] | The problem is there were tears in the jurors’ eyes. | 而在于陪审员眼里有泪水 | 
| [31:27] | Look, | 你看 | 
| [31:30] | Ellenor said she’d still be willing to take involuntary. | Ellenor说她还是愿意接受非故意无预谋杀人罪(过失杀人) | 
| [31:35] | I think we should give it to them. | 我想给他们提出这个 | 
| [31:37] | I thought they hate that upstairs. | 我想上层人物会对此不满的 | 
| [31:38] | If she walks, they’ll hate that worse. | 如果她脱罪了,他们会更不满意的 | 
| [31:41] | I’ll talk to Scott. | 我去和Scott谈谈吧 | 
| [31:42] | No. | 不行 | 
| [31:44] | Helen, if we plead out on involuntary, | Helen,如果我们提出过失杀人的定罪 | 
| [31:47] | the perception upstaris would be I lost. | 上层会认为我又搞砸了 | 
| [31:50] | I need a guilty here. | 我需要给她定罪 | 
| [31:52] | This can’t be about job security. | 这跟保住工作没有关系 | 
| [31:55] | Easy for you. You’re not under review. | 你说得容易,你又没有在被审查中 | 
| [31:57] | Richard. | Richard. | 
| [32:00] | She committed a first degree murder, Helen. | 她犯下了一级谋杀罪,Helen | 
| [32:02] | I don’t want to give her involuntary. | 我不想给她过失杀人 | 
| [32:06] | And I don’t want to lose my job. | 而且我也不想失去工作 | 
| [32:23] | The judge is gonna keep them until 9:00 since it’s Friday. | 因为是周五,法官会让他们留到9点 | 
| [32:26] | And if they haven’t decided by then, | 如果他们那时还没有做出裁定 | 
| [32:29] | they’re gonna suspend until Monday. | 他们会暂停商议到下周一 | 
| [32:36] | Me too. | 我也是 | 
| [32:45] | Richard said no to involuntary. | Richard不同意过失杀人 | 
| [32:47] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [32:48] | Principle, I guess. | 我想是因为原则吧 | 
| [32:49] | You can overrule him, Helen. | 你能对他施加影响的,Helen | 
| [32:51] | It’s his call. | 这是他的决定 | 
| [32:55] | Ellenor, can I talk to you in private for a second? | Ellenor,我能和你私下谈一下吗? | 
| [33:06] | I just talked to Lindsay. | 我刚和Lindsay说过话 | 
| [33:07] | She and Bobby are getting married tonight. | 她和Bobby今天结婚 | 
| [33:09] | What?! | 什么?! | 
| [33:10] | She’s surprising him with an elopement. | 她会给他一个惊喜的私奔 | 
| [33:12] | Oh, men just love to be surprised like that. | 喔,男人就喜欢这样的惊喜 | 
| [33:14] | Are you serious? | 你当真的吗? | 
| [33:15] | Yes. She says she wants us to be there, | 是的,她说她希望我们在那里 | 
| [33:17] | I said we could be here until 9. | 我说我们9点能去 | 
| [33:19] | She’s gonna try and hold the service, | 她坚持要这样做 | 
| [33:20] | but the priest’s got a plane to catch. | 但神父要赶飞机 | 
| [33:22] | Is she pregnant? | 她怀孕了? | 
| [33:24] | No. She says this is what he really wants. | 没有,她说这就是她真正希望的 | 
| [33:26] | She wants to surprise him. | 她希望给他惊喜 | 
| [33:28] | Helen. | Helen | 
| [33:29] | Ellenor. | Ellenor | 
| [33:31] | Jury is back. | 陪审团回来了 | 
| [33:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [33:57] | The defendant will please rise. | 请被告起立 | 
| [34:04] | Madam Foreperson, the jury has reached a unanimous verdict? | 陪审团主席女士,陪审团做出一致裁决了吗? | 
| [34:08] | We have, your honor. | 是的,法官大人 | 
| [34:09] | What say you? | 请宣布 | 
| [34:11] | Commonwealth vs. Sally Berg, | 联邦诉Sally Berg | 
| [34:14] | on the count of murder in the first degree, | 关于一级谋杀的罪名 | 
| [34:16] | we find the defendant not guilty. | 我们裁决被告,无罪 | 
| [34:24] | on the count of murder in the second degree, | 关于二级谋杀的指控 | 
| [34:27] | we find the defendant guilty. | 我们裁决被告,有罪 | 
| [34:33] | Members of the jury, this completes your service. | 陪审团成员们,你们完成了你们任务 | 
| [34:36] | Security, take the defendant into custody. | 警卫,将被告收押 | 
| [34:40] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 | 
| [34:55] | Sally, Sally, | |
| [34:56] | we’re gonna appeal. | 我们会上诉的 | 
| [34:59] | We’ll appeal it. | 我们会上诉的 | 
| [35:04] | It’s a life sentence. | 这是终身监禁的量刑 | 
| [35:08] | We’re gonna do everything that we can. | 我们会尽我们的全力 | 
| [35:10] | I promise. | 我发誓 | 
| [35:15] | I promise. | 我发誓 | 
| [35:35] | All right. Enough is enough. | 好了,适可而止吧 | 
| [35:37] | What the hell’s going on? | 见鬼了这是怎么了? | 
| [35:39] | Well, this is your bachelor party. | 好吧,这是你的单身派对 | 
| [35:40] | Bachelor party? | 单身派对? | 
| [35:41] | Rebecca, guys are supposed to throw bachelor parties. | Rebecca,单身派对应该是一群男人 | 
| [35:44] | Yeah, well, we just wanted to make sure you got one. | 是的,我们只是想确保你得到一个 | 
| [35:46] | You know, sometimes weddings can just sneak up on you. | 你知道,有些时候,婚礼悄然来临 | 
| [35:48] | And how sad would it be if you didn’t actually get to have, OW! | 到时候如果你还没有过单身派对,那该多悲伤呀,唉呦! | 
| [35:51] | What happened? | 怎么了? | 
| [35:52] | Rebecca just hit me. | Rebecca打了我一下 | 
| [35:53] | Where am I? | 我们在哪里? | 
| [35:54] | All right, all right. Turn around. | 好了,好了,转过来 | 
| [35:56] | Should I give the signal? | 我可以发信号了吗? | 
| [35:58] | No no no, not yet. | 不,不行,还不行 | 
| [35:58] | What signal? | 什么信号? | 
| [35:59] | Okay, take your blindfold off. | 好了,解下眼罩 | 
| [36:02] | Now, Lucy! | 现在,Lucy! | 
| [36:10] | What? I’m in Fenway Park? | 怎么回事?我在Fenway公园? | 
| [36:14] | Yes you are. | 是的 | 
| [36:15] | But why? What am I doing here? | 这是为什么?我们在这儿做什么? | 
| [36:18] | Well, you’re doing what everybody does in Fenway Park. | 你正在做每个人在Fenway所做的事 | 
| [36:20] | You’re eloping. | 你正在私奔 | 
| [36:22] | Excuse me? | 说什么? | 
| [36:23] | You’re eloping. | 你在私奔 | 
| [36:32] | Oh my God. Oh my God. | 我的天 | 
| [36:47] | Is this for real? | 这是真的? | 
| [36:49] | If you want it to be. | 如果你想这样的话 | 
| [36:53] | Hey, Bobby. | 嗨,Bobby | 
| [36:54] | You can do this? | 你这样做行吗? | 
| [36:56] | I got special permission from the bishop. | 我得到了主教的特别许可 | 
| [36:59] | And it would be official? | 这是正式的? | 
| [37:00] | Like Pearl Harbor. | 就像珍珠港 | 
| [37:02] | Quiet! | 安静点 | 
| [37:04] | It would be official. | 这是正式的 | 
| [37:07] | I figured we could have a more traditional ceremony a little later | 我想我们可以晚些时候举行一个更传统的仪式。 | 
| [37:10] | with families and close friends. | 邀请家庭成员和亲朋挚友 | 
| [37:11] | But tonight, I thought you’d like to pitch for the Red Sox. | 但今晚,我想你会希望为红袜队投球的 | 
| [37:15] | I’ll catch. | 我会接住的 | 
| [37:18] | I don’t mean to rush, but I have a 10:00 flight. | 我不想催你,但我10点有趟航班 | 
| [37:22] | You’re not rushing. I want you to do this right. | 你不用催,我想让你今晚主持婚礼 | 
| [37:25] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗? | 
| [37:29] | Let’s get married. | 让我们结婚吧 | 
| [37:31] | Hold on! | 等一下! | 
| [37:32] | Did we miss it? | 我们没来晚吧? | 
| [37:34] | You’re about to. | 你们差点就晚了 | 
| [37:35] | Oh, God. I’m gonna cry. | 噢,上帝,我要哭了 | 
| [37:37] | In addition to the flight, I’m getting old! Can we ? | 我们可以开始了吗? | 
| [37:41] | Okay, ready. If you are. | 好了,准备,可以了吗 | 
| [37:44] | I do. I am. | 我可以,我行了 | 
| [37:45] | Look, they’re on the scoreboard! | 看呀,他们出现在记分牌上! | 
| [37:48] | Please. | 拜托 | 
| [37:52] | Father. | 神父 | 
| [37:53] | Okay. | 好了 | 
| [37:55] | Now, this is obviously not a cathedral known for its happy endings. | 现在,这显然不是一个以举办盛大婚礼而闻名的教堂 | 
| [37:59] | But Fenway park is certainly a symbol | 但Fenway公园一定是象征了 | 
| [38:03] | of a deep life-long commitment of joy and of pain. | 一个对一生的幸福和痛苦的承诺 | 
| [38:11] | Father | 神父,从简吧 | 
| [38:15] | I, Bobby | 我,Bobby | 
| [38:20] | I, Bobby | 我,Bobby | 
| [38:21] | Take thee Lindsay | 愿娶Lindsay | 
| [38:23] | Take thee Lindsay | 愿娶Lindsay | 
| [38:24] | To be my wedded wife. To have and to hold | 做为我的妻子,互相拥有并相互扶持 | 
| [38:28] | To be my wedded wife. To have and to hold | 做为我的妻子,互相拥有并相互扶持 | 
| [38:32] | From this day forward, for better or for worse | 从今天开始,无论顺境还是逆境 | 
| [38:35] | From this day forward, for better or for worse, | 从今天开始,无论顺境还是逆境 | 
| [38:38] | for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, | 富裕或贫穷、疾病还是健康 | 
| [38:40] | I’ve been memorizing this for a long time. | 我已经背这个背了好久了 | 
| [38:44] | To love and to cherish. | 相亲相爱 不离不弃 | 
| [38:48] | Till death do us part. This is my solemn vow. | 直到死亡将我们分开,这就是我现在的誓言 | 
| [39:00] | Well, I, Lindsay | 我,Lindsay | 
| [39:04] | I, Lindsay | 我,Lindsay | 
| [39:05] | Uh, you haven’t memorized this, have you? | 呃,你还没背下这些,是吗? | 
| [39:07] | I need a little help. | 我需要一些提示 | 
| [39:08] | All right. Take thee Bobby to be my wedded husband | 好吧,嫁给Bobby做为我的丈夫 | 
| [39:13] | Take thee Bobby to be my wedded husband | 嫁给Bobby做为我的丈夫 | 
| [39:16] | To have and to hold, from this day forward | 互相拥有并相互扶持,从今天开始 | 
| [39:18] | To have and to hold, from this day forward | 互相拥有并相互扶持,从今天开始 | 
| [39:21] | For better, for worse; for richer, for poorer | 无论顺境还是逆境,富裕或贫穷 | 
| [39:24] | For better, for worse; for richer, for poorer | 无论顺境还是逆境,富裕或贫穷 | 
| [39:28] | In sickness and in health, to love and to cherish | 疾病还是健康,相亲相爱 不离不弃 | 
| [39:31] | In sickness and in health, to love and to cherish | 疾病还是健康,相亲相爱 不离不弃 | 
| [39:35] | Till death do us part. | 直到死亡将我们分开 | 
| [39:38] | Till death do us part. | 直到死亡将我们分开 | 
| [39:44] | Do you have the rings? | 你有戒指吗? | 
| [39:45] | Not yet. | 还没有 | 
| [39:47] | Oh. All right. | 喔,好吧 | 
| [39:48] | Then by the power vested in me under the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, | 根据马萨诸塞州联邦赋予我的权力 | 
| [39:53] | under God, and I suppose under the Boston Red Sox, | 以上帝的名义,我想是在波士顿红袜球场吧 | 
| [39:57] | I now pronounce you man and wife. | 我现在宣布你们成为夫妻 | 
| [40:04] | I guess that means he’s off the market now. | 我猜这意味着他名花有主了 | 
| [40:19] | I love you. | 我爱你 | 
| [40:20] | I love you too | 我也爱你 | 
| [40:22] | Do we all get to go on the honeymoon? | 我们都可以去度蜜月吗? | 
| [40:24] | Uh, one toast. | 呃,有个祝酒辞 | 
| [40:26] | Thank you all for being here. | 谢谢大家来到这里。 | 
| [40:28] | Probably goes without saying, which is good because I never say it. | 也许不说就走为好,因为我从没说过这些 | 
| [40:31] | But, you people are my best friends. | 但是,你们是我最好的朋友 | 
| [40:38] | You mean the world to me. | 你们对我来说非常重要 | 
| [40:41] | And this woman , she is my world. | 而这个女人,她就是我的一切 | 
| [40:50] | And people shouldn’t cry on baseball fields, let’s go. | 人们不应该在棒球场上哭泣,让我们。。。 |