时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Hi. | 嗨! |
[00:03] | I’m looking for … her. | 我想找……她。 |
[00:05] | Lindsay. | 琳兹。 |
[00:06] | Jeannie, Hey! Hi! | 詹妮,嘿!嗨! |
[00:09] | How are you? | 你怎么样? |
[00:11] | I am fine. | 我很好。 |
[00:12] | I see I don’t have to ask you what’s new. | 看来我不用问你最近有什么新鲜事了。 |
[00:13] | Yeah. About five months. | 是啊。差不多五个月了。 |
[00:14] | I knew her when she was a virgin. | 我认识她的时候,她还是处女呢。 |
[00:16] | Funny. | 又开玩笑。 |
[00:16] | *Listen, you got a second on a major clock | 听着,你有没有时间谈个案子? |
[00:20] | Sure! | 没问题! |
[00:20] | You must be a witch. I’ve meaning to call you. | 你一定是女巫。我正说要给你打电话呢。 |
[00:24] | Yeah. Yeah. Thank for you inviting me to the wedding, by the way. | 是啊。对了,多谢邀请我去你的婚礼。 |
[00:26] | *it loped | 这得好久呢。 |
[00:27] | Right. | 是的。 |
[00:28] | Listen. | 你听说过这个人吗。 |
[00:30] | William Hinks. I have been treating him. | 威廉姆.林克斯。我正在治疗他。 |
[00:35] | THE William Hinks. | “那个”威廉姆林克斯? |
[00:38] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[00:39] | He starts killing people after you began treating him or… | 是在你给他治疗后他开始杀人的还是…… |
[00:43] | That’s cute. | 谢谢俏皮话。 |
[00:45] | I don’t think he did it. | 我认为不是他杀的人。 |
[00:48] | What you mean you don’t think he did it? | 你说不是他杀的人是什么意思? |
[00:50] | He confessed. | 他招供了。 |
[00:51] | I think he fabriated that confession | 我认为供词是他编出来的。 |
[00:53] | He made up he killed nine people? | 他编故事让人相信自己杀了九个人? |
[00:55] | Yes. | 没错。 |
[00:55] | And fooled the police? | 还骗过了警察? |
[00:56] | It’s complicated | 这事儿很复杂。 |
[00:58] | Listen. | 你看。 |
[00:59] | As you probably know the trial starts in two days. | 你大概知道庭审这两天就要进行。 |
[01:02] | He just fired his attoney. | 他刚把自己的律师解雇了。 |
[01:04] | *The judge I’m told it’s not likely to grand him much a continum. | 据我所知,那位法官不太可能会再宽限时间了。 |
[01:07] | So probably sign a public defender and… | 所以很可能是给他找个公设辩护律师就算了…… |
[01:09] | Lindsay, would you consider doing it? | 琳兹,你愿意接手吗? |
[01:14] | Defending William Hinks? | 替威廉姆.林克斯辩护? |
[01:17] | *You’ll become the big star read about you now. | 你会走红的,你的名字会上报纸。 |
[01:20] | I don’t do serial killers, Jeannie. | 我不替连环杀手辩护,詹妮。 |
[01:23] | Lindsay, I believe the man didn’t do it. | 琳兹,我相信这个男人并没有杀人。 |
[01:26] | Yes, he said he did. | 确实,他说他干了。 |
[01:28] | But as good as you are good at you do. | 但是,就像你擅长你所做的。 |
[01:30] | I’m just as good as what I do. | 我对自己的领域也很有研究。 |
[01:31] | I’m telling you. | 我现在告诉你。 |
[01:32] | I’m becoming more and more convinced he is delusional. | 我越来越确信他有妄想症。 |
[01:35] | William Hinks is not the serial killer who murdered these women. | 威廉姆.林克斯不是那个谋杀女人的连环杀手。 |
[01:39] | And right now he needs a good lawyer. | 而现在,他需要一个好律师。 |
[02:36] | I don’t think you should take it. | 我不认为你应该接手这个案子。 |
[02:39] | My first instinct was not to, but she said he is innocent. | 我的第一反应也是拒绝,但是她说他是无辜的。 |
[02:42] | I don’t know. Lindsay. | 我不知道,琳兹。 |
[02:43] | *How did you start such a monster of trial in two days notice? | 你怎么可能在两天内把这么工程浩大的庭审准备出来? |
[02:46] | The defense is fully developed. | 之前的辩护方已经做好了充分的准备工作。 |
[02:47] | John Moore was the lawyer. He is good. | 上一个律师是约翰.莫尔。他很不错。 |
[02:50] | Steven Banks was the lawyer before that. He is excellenct. | 再上一个是斯蒂文.庞克。他非常出色。 |
[02:53] | What happened to them? | 那他们都去哪儿了? |
[02:53] | Well. He fired them. | 怎么说。林克斯把他们都解雇了。 |
[02:55] | According to Jeannie, When they confronted Hinks about possibly being delusional. | 据詹妮说,当他们把林克斯有妄想症这个可能性摆到桌面上。 |
[03:00] | He fired them. | 林克斯就解雇了他们。 |
[03:01] | The man can’t face the idea that maybe he is not the killer. | 这个男人不能面对他并不是真正凶手的可能性。 |
[03:04] | In which case how would you defend him? | 在这种情况下,你要怎么替他辩护? |
[03:06] | And why would you even want to? | 你为什么甚至想要接这个案子? |
[03:07] | I’m going to against Rollin Hill for one thing. | 首先,我会跟罗林.黑尔在法庭上交手。 |
[03:10] | How often does any lawyer get the chance to go up against him? | 有多少律师有机会跟他对簿公堂? |
[03:13] | Not very ofen. But if I’m going to do this. | 确实不多。不过如果我要和他对着干。 |
[03:15] | I certainly wouldn’t want a client who insists he is guilty. | 我肯定不会找个坚持自己有罪的客户。 |
[03:17] | You people’s supposed to lead a defendant underdogs. | 你们的职责是帮助处于劣势的被告。 |
[03:20] | I’ve got one here. | 现在我这里就有一个。 |
[03:21] | He is ill. And unless we help him. | 他有病。除非我们帮他。 |
[03:24] | He is going to destroy his life. | 他会把自己毁掉的。 |
[03:27] | I want to do it. Bobby. | 我想要试试。鲍比。 |
[03:29] | *But I want backup. | 但我需要后援。 |
[03:30] | I can do it. | 我愿意加入。 |
[03:31] | #Arguing# | #争执的声音# |
[03:33] | Alright. | 好吧。 |
[03:35] | Jimmy. you second chair. | 吉米。你来帮琳兹。 |
[03:37] | That’s not fair. Thank you. Thanks. | 不公平。谢谢。 |
[03:43] | *He is really a daso man | 他其实很无害。 |
[03:45] | Just misunerstood. | 只是被误解了是吧。 |
[03:47] | Do we need a guard in the room? | 房间里需要警卫吗? |
[03:49] | It’s your call, and you’ll lose privilege. | 如果你叫警卫,就不受律师和客户的保密协议保护了。 |
[03:57] | I think we can take him. | 我觉得我们对付他没问题。 |
[04:01] | OK. | 好的。 |
[04:11] | William. This is Lindsay Dole. | 威廉姆。这是琳兹.道尔。 |
[04:13] | The lawyer I was telling you about. | 我跟你提过的那位律师。 |
[04:15] | And this is Jimmy Berluti. Also with the same firm. | 这是吉米.布鲁迪。同一家事务所的律师。 |
[04:18] | My pleasure. I guess a thank you is in order. | 很荣幸。谢谢你们来。 |
[04:22] | Mr. Hinks. We continue the trial until next week. | 林克斯先生。庭审将进行到下周。 |
[04:27] | *Which means you may get transferred back to the junction. | 这意味着你可能会被转回到这个地方。 |
[04:30] | They don’t like keeping mass security prisoners locked up for too long. | 他们不喜欢把需要大规模保安的囚犯关太久。 |
[04:34] | What we are going to do first is. | 我们首先要做的是。 |
[04:36] | Go over the confessions and the evidence | 重新过一遍你的供词和案子的证据。 |
[04:38] | And we get back together and talk. | 然后再坐下来谈一谈。 |
[04:40] | What’s that talk about? | 我们要谈什么? |
[04:44] | Well. Doctor Reynolds tells me your preference to plead insanity. | 嗯。冉诺斯医生告诉我,你想要以精神失常辩护。 |
[04:49] | You realize if we went on that, you don’t go free. | 你明白如果按照这个辩护,你不会被释放。 |
[04:52] | Yes. I realize that. | 是的,我很清楚这点。 |
[04:54] | If we could possibly get a straight not guilty… | 如果有可能我们直接要求无罪辩护…… |
[04:56] | No. I did it. Ms. Dole. | 不。是我杀的人。道尔女士。 |
[05:02] | At least with insanity I can perhaps be sent to a place. | 以精神失常辩护至少我有可能会被送到一个地方 |
[05:05] | Where could help me get better. | 在那里能帮我变得更好。 |
[05:07] | Even if that’s true, you won’t be getting out. | 即使是那样,你也会被关起来。 |
[05:13] | The closest diagnose I can make is that he has delusions. | 最接近的诊断是他有妄想症。 |
[05:17] | *Systematic ecphronia. Probably paronoid. | 体系成期妄想。大概还有偏执。 |
[05:19] | Not only does he believe he commited these crimes. | 他不仅相信自己犯了罪。 |
[05:22] | The ideas others not believing him for some reason are repugnant to him. | 别人不相信他犯罪这回事也会让他极度反感。 |
[05:26] | But if he didn’t do them. He shall not get a lot of details. | 但如果人不是他杀的,怎么会知道这么多细节。 |
[05:30] | Almost all the information he provided in his confession was accessable. | 他的供词里提供给警方的所有信息都有迹可循。 |
[05:34] | There’s the whole internet site on this killer. | 互联网上有这个连环杀手的网站。 |
[05:37] | A lot of these facts are available to the general public. | 许多细节对公众来说不是秘密。 |
[05:40] | Jeannie. Tell me why you think he didn’t do it. | 詹妮。告诉我你为什么相信不是他干的。 |
[05:42] | For one thing, he’s got a lot of holes in his story. | 首先,他的故事里有很多漏洞。 |
[05:44] | I also don’t get any sense of anger in him. | 而且我从他身上没有感到任何愤怒。 |
[05:47] | I don’t see the necessary capacity for violence | 我没有发现他有实施暴力犯罪的能力。 |
[05:50] | He is a quiet little accountant who never leaves his house. | 他是一个安静的小个子会计师,很少离开自己的房子。 |
[05:52] | It’s always the quiter ones. | 一般来说总是安静的那个出问题。 |
[05:54] | I also put him under hypnosis. There he told a very different story. | 我也对他进行过催眠。结果得到一个非常不同的故事。 |
[05:59] | Which was? | 是什么? |
[06:00] | Basically that he didn’t do it. | 简而言之就是他没干。 |
[06:02] | But he wishes he did it. | 但是他希望是他干的。 |
[06:04] | They found him near the scene of the last victim. | 他们发现他在最后一个被害者谋杀现场附近。 |
[06:07] | He said he has a police radio. | 他说他可以收到警察电台。 |
[06:09] | According to his story under hypnosis. | 根据他在催眠状态中的叙述。 |
[06:12] | He heard about the crime, he managed to go there. | 他听说发生了谋杀,就跑去了那里。 |
[06:15] | Get into a neighbouring siren and let himself to be discovered there. | 然后触动了邻近的一个警报,警方发现了他。 |
[06:17] | The police is pretty good about sniffing out false confessions. | 警方很擅长辨别供词真假的。 |
[06:20] | He is extremely smart. Borderline genius. | 他极为聪明。近乎天才。 |
[06:24] | He also passed the polygraph, which he would if he is delusional. | 他也通过了测谎。如果他有妄想症,通过测谎没问题。 |
[06:28] | Any chance he could have been faking the hypnosis? | 有没有可能他伪装了催眠状态? |
[06:31] | That’s what I thought first. But I don’t believe it now. | 我一开始也是这么想的,但现在已经改变想法了。 |
[06:34] | Either way. Jeannie. | 不管怎么说。詹妮。 |
[06:35] | If he convincd the police with his confession, including a FBI profiler… | 如果他能使警方包括一位FBI测写员相信他的供词。 |
[06:39] | He likely fools the jury. | 他很有可能骗过陪审团。 |
[06:41] | He didn’t necessarily fool the FBI profiler. | 他没有完全骗过那位FBI测写员。 |
[06:44] | What? | 什么? |
[06:47] | I was suspicious. | 我是有所怀疑。 |
[06:50] | There were certain facts he should have had, if he’s the real killer. | 有些特定细节他本该知道,如果他是真正的凶手的话。 |
[06:52] | And he didn’t. | 但他并不清楚。 |
[06:54] | Such as? | 比如说? |
[06:54] | Ah. Time of death. he could only approximate. | 嗯。死亡时间。他只能给出粗略的估计。 |
[06:58] | A killer that precise of a sort would be clear on time. | 像这个案子里这么一丝不苟的凶手在时间上会很精确。 |
[07:01] | Positions of the bodies. Also the fingernails. | 尸体的摆放位置。还有指甲。 |
[07:03] | What about the fingernails? | 指甲怎么了? |
[07:05] | Well. He thought he pull them off all of the victims. | 是这样的。他认为他把所有被害者的指甲都拔下来了。 |
[07:08] | And? | 但是? |
[07:09] | He actually didn’t. | 其实并不符合案情。 |
[07:10] | The police planted that information for the very reason to trick up any false confessions. | 警方把这个信息加进去以检测供词的真假。 |
[07:16] | Hinks maintained that he pulled the nails of all of his victims just as reported in the papers. | 林克斯坚持说他把所有被害者的指甲都拔掉了,就和报纸报道的一样。 |
[07:22] | If you check discovery. | 如果你检查一下物证。 |
[07:23] | Now you know the nails of the fifth victim were never removed. | 你会发现第五个被害者的指甲并没有被移除。 |
[07:27] | That’s something the real killer should know. | 真正的凶手应该知道这一点。 |
[07:29] | But you signed off on this being the guy. | 但是你在最后的测写上签名了。 |
[07:33] | Because he did have a lot of very specific details. | 因为他确实有很多疑点。 |
[07:36] | He was found near the scene of the last one. | 他在最后一个被害者的谋杀现场附近被发现。 |
[07:39] | And when they searched his appartment. | 当警方搜查他的公寓的时候。 |
[07:40] | They found volumes of clippings, internet print out. | 他们发现了很多剪报和打印的网络文章。 |
[07:43] | Whatever on each and every previous killing. | 都是关于之前每一次谋杀的报道。 |
[07:45] | But he could collect that stuffs to learn about the murders. | 但也可能是他收集这些东西,好更了解凶手。 |
[07:49] | Or he was the murder. And he likes to read about himself. | 或者他就是凶手。而且他喜欢读关于自己的报道。 |
[07:53] | Which is pretty typical of serial killers. | 这是典型的连环杀手所作所为。 |
[07:56] | One more thing. | 还有一点。 |
[07:57] | The killing stopped as soon as Willim Hinks was in custody. | 威廉姆.林克斯被拘留以后,谋杀就停止了。 |
[08:03] | So you think he is? | 所以你觉得他是凶手? |
[08:05] | I think he is probably the one. | 我认为他可能是。 |
[08:07] | But maybe not? | 但也可能不是? |
[08:10] | Maybe not. | 也可能不是。 |
[08:16] | How do we defend him? If we plead not guilty. | 我们怎么辩护?如果表示不服罪的话。 |
[08:19] | He’ll fire us. | 他就会解雇我们。 |
[08:20] | Which more than anything else is telling me that he didn’t do it. | 这比任何事情都更能证明他并没有犯罪。 |
[08:23] | How do you figure? | 你怎么看出的? |
[08:24] | Well. A guilty man would want to get acquittal if he could, don’t you think? | 你看。一个有罪的人会尽量争取无罪开释,不是吗? |
[08:27] | A man is obsessed with having the world think he is guilty on the other hand. | 而一个着迷于让全世界相信他有罪的人则恰恰相反。 |
[08:33] | Maybe we just stick with insanity. | 也许我们可以就以精神失常进行辩护。 |
[08:35] | Who knows, maybe we could win that way. | 谁知道呢。没准儿这样也能打赢。 |
[08:37] | But we don’t believe he did it. Jimmy. | 但是我们不相信他杀了人啊。吉米。 |
[08:39] | We can’t argue he’s insane at the same time he did it if we know he didn’t do it. | 如果我们知道他没干,没有办法同时以精神失常为他犯罪进行辩护。 |
[08:43] | We don’t know. Lindsay. | 我们并不知道。琳兹。 |
[08:44] | We don’t know anything. | 我们什么都不知道。 |
[08:46] | Could you ever go to a judge and get an order? | 你能不能从法官那里拿到命令? |
[08:49] | That he has to plead not guilty. | 让他必须以无罪辩护。 |
[08:52] | I have never heard that happening. | 我从来没有听说过这样的事情。 |
[08:55] | Everybody wants to be him, Lindsay, because they’re afraid. | 所有人都希望他是凶手。琳兹。因为他们害怕。 |
[08:59] | And he wants to be him, but it’s not him. | 他自己也希望,但他并不是。 |
[09:18] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白。 |
[09:19] | Are you arguing insanity or not. | 你们要用精神失常辩护还是不用? |
[09:21] | Mr. Hinks. This’s extremely complicated. | 林克斯先生。这非常复杂。 |
[09:23] | You just have to trust me, can you do that? | 你一定要信任我,可以吗? |
[09:26] | No. I can’t. Ms. Dole. | 不,我做不到。道尔女士。 |
[09:28] | My future is in stake, my life. | 我的未来我的生命都处于危机之中。 |
[09:30] | I have known you for less than a week. | 而我只认识你不到一个星期。 |
[09:32] | William. You trust me, don’t you? | 威廉姆。你信任我对吗? |
[09:33] | Please don’t handle me. I am not some anonymous little man to be handled. | 请不要敷衍我。我不是什么籍籍无名可以被敷衍的人。 |
[09:37] | The plan is to keep you out of prison. | 我们的打算是要你不要进监狱。 |
[09:39] | *But it may involve you having to hear something on court you don’t want to hear. | 但是你在法庭上可能会听到一些你不想要听到的东西。 |
[09:42] | It may also mean you have to testify. | 也可能会让你出庭作证。 |
[09:46] | So be prepared for that. | 所以准备好了。 |
[09:48] | Testify? | 出庭作证? |
[09:52] | Your only chance at this point is to trust her. William. | 你现在唯一的希望就是信任她。威廉姆。 |
[10:05] | Are we going with insanity or not? Ms. Dole. | 那你还会继续以精神失常辩护吗?道尔女士。 |
[10:08] | Yes. We’re going with insanity. | 是的。还是精神失常。 |
[10:16] | Alright. Insanity. | 好的。精神失常。 |
[10:27] | I always chose to drop the weapon after the scene. | 我总是在谋杀现场抛掉凶器。 |
[10:30] | Relieving myself off the worry of ever being found in my possession. | 免除它们在我的所有物中发现的担忧。 |
[10:35] | The gloves, I would rather burn or despose at the right opportunity. | 至于手套,我找到合适机会就烧掉或者扔掉。 |
[10:41] | What about the fingernails? | 那指甲呢? |
[10:43] | Souvenir, I suppose. | 我猜,算纪念品。 |
[10:45] | A fingernail is easier to remove than one might expect. | 指甲比人们认为的要容易拔掉。 |
[10:49] | As bloody as well. | 但是无疑到处是血。 |
[10:54] | How many times do we get to watch it? | 我们得看多少次? |
[10:57] | Until we memeorize every word. | 直到记得每一个词为止。 |
[10:59] | This confession is our whole case. | 这个供词是整个案子的关键。 |
[11:00] | I would probably remove all expect for the time consumption | 在时间允许的情况,我会拔掉所有的指甲。 |
[11:05] | *Takes patience to destruct the fingernail without damaging it. | 把指甲毫无损坏地取下需要耐心。 |
[11:11] | I like them in mean condition, of course. | 当然,我喜欢它们状态完美的样子。 |
[11:13] | And. | 此外。 |
[11:15] | *It’s difficult not to rush when you have to dismember in the room. | 房间里还有身体等着肢解的时候很难不赶时间。 |
[11:21] | Can make it jumpy. | 会让人紧张。 |
[11:29] | We will introduce more of this tape during the trial. | 庭审中我们还会引用这次录像。 |
[11:34] | But the footage that you just saw. | 但我们现在看到的部分。 |
[11:36] | Would introduce this evidence of defendant’s clarity. | 已经足以反映被告精细明确的风格。 |
[11:41] | During his confession. | 在他的供词中充分表现了这一点。 |
[11:42] | His precision. | 他的力求准确。 |
[11:45] | His careful choice of words. | 他的精心遣词。 |
[11:48] | He just commited a murder and dismemberment three hours before this interview. | 在这一谈话前三个小时,他刚刚犯下谋杀与肢解的罪行。 |
[11:54] | This was a man in control. | 一切尽在他的掌控。 |
[11:59] | A man who understood the nature and. | 他明白自己可怕罪行的 |
[12:02] | The quality of the horrific act he commited. | 性质与特徵。 |
[12:06] | The evidence will show. | 证据将会显示 |
[12:08] | This crime was carried out with detailed precision with thorough premeditation. | 这一罪行是经过精心策划和预谋的。 |
[12:15] | The evidence will reveal cold blood murder. | 证据将会揭示冷血的谋杀。 |
[12:19] | Executions. if you will. | 或者可以说是处决。 |
[12:21] | Commited by a man who knew exactly. | 犯罪的人清楚地了解。 |
[12:26] | What he was doing. | 他的所作所为。 |
[12:45] | William Hinks is insane. | 威廉姆.林克斯精神失常。 |
[13:01] | All nine victims had dogs. | 所有九位被害者都养狗。 |
[13:04] | *Mr. Hinks met all of them in every parks and streets. | 林克斯先生借机在公园和街道搭讪。 |
[13:08] | While walking his dog. | 在遛狗的时候。 |
[13:09] | And you learned this how, detective? | 探长,你是怎么了解到这一点的? |
[13:11] | From his confession. | 从他的证词中。 |
[13:13] | And he would telephone them, always from a public phone booth. | 然后他会给她们打电话,总是从公共电话亭。 |
[13:17] | Make a date or plan to see them. | 订下时间和计划见面。 |
[13:20] | They let him in their homes and he killed them. | 被害者让他进入自己的房间,然后他杀了她们。 |
[13:23] | From your experience. | 以你的经验。 |
[13:25] | *Did his killing show uncontroled behavior? | 这些谋杀显示出任何失去控制的行为吗? |
[13:28] | No. | 没有。 |
[13:29] | Why is that? | 为什么? |
[13:30] | First of all, they were meticulous. | 首先,这些谋杀都是精心布置的。 |
[13:32] | Other than mutilations which is of course bloody. | 当然肢解的部分很血腥。 |
[13:35] | There was no any other evidence. | 现场没有留下任何证据。 |
[13:37] | No finger prints. No DNA. | 没有指纹。没有DNA。 |
[13:40] | The weapan was always carefully placed next to the torso. | 凶器一般小心地放在被斩首的尸体旁边。 |
[13:43] | The first wound was always fatal. | 被害者都是一击致命。 |
[13:45] | How could you tell that? | 你是怎么判断出的? |
[13:47] | There was never a sign of struggle. | 现场没有挣扎的痕迹。 |
[13:49] | Plus, the crime report would always confirm this. | 此外,案情报告总是证实了这一点。 |
[13:53] | Is your testimony, sir, that the killer acting outside of conscious control. | 先生,根据你的证词,失去理智控制的凶手。 |
[14:00] | Could never act in the meticulous manner? | 绝对不会有这种对细节的重视? |
[14:00] | He is not the norm. | 他不是规范。 |
[14:01] | Is it possible? | 有没有可能? |
[14:02] | It’s possible, but… | 可能,但是…… |
[14:03] | Thank you. You’ve answered the question. | 谢谢。你已经回答了我的问题。 |
[14:05] | Actually I didn’t. Counsel. I’d like to complete it. | 实际上并没有。律师。我想要完整地回答这个问题。 |
[14:09] | It was a yes or no question. | 这只是一个是或者否的问题。 |
[14:11] | But it was evidantly not a yes or no answer, your honor. | 但从证据角度这并不是一个是或者否的回答。法官大人。 |
[14:14] | The witness may complete his response. | 证人可以完成他的回答。 |
[14:17] | If the last victim hadn’t hit that silent alarm. | 如果最后一个被害者没有设置那个无声警报。 |
[14:20] | If we hadn’t found the defendant in that basement. | 如果我们没有在地下室发现被告。 |
[14:22] | He’d still be out there. | 他还会逍遥法外。 |
[14:24] | *We called these murders the medical dissections, because the scene was free of evidence. | 之所以把这些谋杀称为医学解剖,是因为现场找不到证据。 |
[14:29] | I mean clean. | 意思是干干净净。 |
[14:31] | That takes plenty…skill. | 那需要大量的技能。 |
[14:33] | He didn’t just know what he was doing. He knew how to do it perfectly. | 他不仅知道他在做什么,而且知道怎么做得完美无缺。 |
[14:37] | Are you finished now? | 你现在说完了吗? |
[14:39] | Yes. | 说完了。 |
[14:40] | Thank you. Detective. Nothing further. | 谢谢你探长。没有其他问题了。 |
[14:49] | Mr. Hill. | 黑尔先生。 |
[14:50] | *Prosecution asks, your honor, seeking our psychiatric evidence for rebuttal. | 法官大人,检方要求呈现精神病学证据。 |
[14:55] | The witness may step down. | 证人可以离开了。 |
[14:58] | The defense calls Doctor Jeannie Reynolds. | 辩方传詹妮.冉诺斯医生出庭作证。 |
[15:01] | What will you say? | *我该怎么说? |
[15:03] | I think. Watch yourself. | 我想得小心。 |
[15:07] | Don’t worry. | 别担心。 |
[15:11] | Could you state your name and occupation for the record? | 请声明你的姓名和职业以记录在案。 |
[15:14] | Jeannie Reynolds. I am a criminal psychologist. | 詹妮.冉诺斯。我是一名犯罪心理学家。 |
[15:17] | Could you briefly describe what you mean by criminal psychologist? | 可否简短介绍一下何谓犯罪心理学家? |
[15:20] | It’s basically how it sounds. | 我的职业和犯罪心理有关。 |
[15:22] | I’ve spent ten years treating patients charged with violent crimes. | 十年中,我一直致力于治疗被控暴力犯罪的病人。 |
[15:26] | As well as studying behavioral patterns of repeated defendants. | 以及研究重复犯罪的被告的行为模式。 |
[15:29] | Including the patterns of serial killers. | 包括连环杀手的作案模式。 |
[15:31] | Doctor Reynolds, did you have an opportunity? | 冉诺斯医生,你是否曾经 |
[15:34] | To treat my client Mr. William Hinks. | 治疗过我的客户詹姆斯.林克斯先生? |
[15:35] | I did. | 是的。 |
[15:36] | Did you have the opportunity to discuss with my client the crimes which he is currently being charged within this trial? | 你是否曾经和他讨论过在当前审判中他被指控的罪行? |
[15:41] | I did. | 是的。 |
[15:42] | Did you form any medical conclusion as a result of this treatment? | 你是否对治疗结果有任何医学结论? |
[15:45] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[15:46] | Could you please state that opinion for the court? | 可否请你对法庭说出你的意见? |
[15:49] | I do not believe Mr. Hinks killed those women. | 我认为林克斯先生并没有谋杀那些女人。 |
[15:57] | He did not commit the crimes? | 他没有犯下被指控的罪行? |
[15:59] | My opinion is Mr. Hinks is suffering from delusions. | 我的意见是,林克斯先生患有妄想症。 |
[16:03] | Secondary stage of ecphronia. | 妄想型精神错乱第二期。 |
[16:04] | Basically he thinks he killed those women. | 可以说,他认为他杀了那些女人。 |
[16:07] | He did not. | 实际上并没有。 |
[16:08] | I also placed Mr. Hinks under hypnosis. | 我还对林克斯先生进行过催眠。 |
[16:12] | Where he told me he did not kill those women. | 在催眠状态下,他说出自己并没有谋杀那些人。 |
[16:15] | Objection. Hearsay. | 反对。传言证据。 |
[16:16] | Under hypnosis, there is a lot of reliability of a patient. | 催眠状态下病人的话是很有可靠性的。 |
[16:19] | There is no hypnosis exception to the hearsay rule. | 传言证据不可采信,催眠也不例外。 |
[16:21] | *Your honor. I would like a sidebar. | 法官大人。我要sidebar。 |
[16:23] | Mr. Hinks. Please sit down. | 林克斯先生。请坐下。 |
[16:26] | *To see discharge the counsel. She is falsifying testimony from this witness. | 我要解除这位律师的职务。她让证人作伪证。 |
[16:28] | Mr. Hinks. I asked you to sit down. Please don’t make me… | 林克斯先生。我让你坐下。请不要让我…… |
[16:31] | She doesn’t represent my interest! | 她不代表我的利益! |
[16:33] | Nor does she represent the truth. I ask she to be removed! | 她也不代表真相。我要求她立刻被解除职务。 |
[16:37] | Mr. Hinks take your seat. Now. | 林克斯先生。坐下!现在! |
[16:46] | I am very confused here. | 我现在很困惑。 |
[16:49] | You enter to plead not guilty by the reason of insanity? | 你要无罪辩护的理由是精神失常? |
[16:53] | Defense seeks to change that plead to a straight not guilty. | 辩方请求转为无罪辩护。 |
[16:56] | Mr. Hinks’ve never killed these women at all. | 林克斯先生根本没有谋杀那些人。 |
[16:59] | This a lie. Your honor, | 这是谎言。法官大人。 |
[17:00] | Security. Take Mr. Hinks into custody. | 保安。把林克斯先生带去拘留室。 |
[17:03] | I will see counsel in chambers. Now. | 律师去办公室见我。现在就去! |
[17:15] | What the hell is going on? | 到底是怎么回事? |
[17:17] | He didn’t commit the crimes. | 他没有犯罪。 |
[17:18] | Wait a second. Is your intent all along to argue this? | 等一下。你一开始就打算说这个? |
[17:22] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[17:22] | You committed a fraud on the court, counsel. | 律师,你当堂欺骗! |
[17:25] | *You filed it to defend him with insanity. | 你以精神失常辩护。 |
[17:28] | We had to keep it from our client. | 我们不得不瞒着我们的客户。 |
[17:30] | That necessitate to keep it from the court. | 相应地意味着要瞒着法庭。 |
[17:33] | You kept your strategy from your client? | 你的辩护策略瞒着客户? |
[17:35] | Your honor. He is delusional. | 法官大人。他有妄想。 |
[17:37] | He not only thinks he did it. He wants othera to think he did it. | 他不仅认为自己杀了人,还要其他人也都认为是他干的。 |
[17:40] | *Which percludes us. | 这使得我们没法 |
[17:41] | Then you should have him to claim incompetent to stand the trial. | 你本应该让他声明没有接受审判的精神能力。 |
[17:43] | He would pass the competency test easily. And we will be right back in court. | 他会轻而易举地通过测试。然后又回到法庭。 |
[17:47] | You are not commit a fraud on the court or the discrit attoney. | 你或者地方检察官都不允许在法庭进行欺骗行为。 |
[17:50] | This circumstance would orientate us to… | 是环境迫使我们必须…… |
[17:52] | No, they did not counsel. | 没有这么一说。律师。 |
[17:53] | Yes they did, your honor. | 法官大人。我们确实是情势所迫。 |
[17:54] | With all the respect. | 我们对法庭满怀尊重。 |
[17:56] | William Hinks was to pay us to let him be convicted | 但是威廉姆.林克斯付钱给我们,想要自己为没做过的事情定罪。 |
[18:01] | That’s a bigger fraud. | 这才是更严重的欺骗。 |
[18:01] | for crimes he didn’t commit. | 想要自己为没做过的事情定罪。 |
[18:03] | A fraud leads to real killer still out there. | 这个欺骗会导致真正的凶手逍遥法外。 |
[18:05] | And how do we know this isn’t a trick? | 我们怎么知道这不是你玩的把戏? |
[18:07] | If the defendant does not agree with the change of plead. | 如果被告不同意改变辩护方向。 |
[18:10] | *He has automatically granted for a new trial. | 他自动进入新一轮的审判。 |
[18:12] | This isn’t a trick. You have my word as an officer of the court. | 这不是什么把戏。我以自己在法庭上的职责进行保证。 |
[18:16] | That doesn’t solve it. | 那并不能解决问题。 |
[18:17] | You cannot change the plead without the client’s consent. | 你不能在没有客户同意的情况下改变辩护方针。 |
[18:19] | The man has fired two previous attonies who want to prove he’s innocent. | 这个人已经解雇了两个试图证明他的无辜的律师。 |
[18:23] | Because he doesn’t want to be innocent. | 因为他不想要被认为无辜。 |
[18:26] | We had to keep him in the dark. | 我们必须对他隐瞒辩护方针的改变。 |
[18:27] | And that meant keeping the court in the dark. | 同时意味着对法庭的隐瞒。 |
[18:30] | *And deludes the next lawyer will be in here arguing that for consent’s safe for fire.. | 然后下个律师就可以堂而皇之的争辩了。 |
[18:34] | Look. This is an unsual thing here. | 注意。这个情况不同寻常。 |
[18:37] | We got to a defendant whose sickness prevents him from wanting to be found innocent. | 我们遇到这样一位被告:他的精神疾病阻止他证明自己的无辜。 |
[18:43] | If we had pled straight not guilty, he would fire us. | 如果我们直接进行无罪辩护,他就会解雇我们。 |
[18:46] | Like he fired the two guys before us. | 就像他解雇了之前两位律师一样。 |
[18:48] | He would go out and eventualy find a lawyer to tell his lie. | 他会到外面最终找到一位愿意说谎的律师。 |
[18:53] | And I said, in our mind that would have been the biggest fraud. | 正如我说的,在我们看来,那才是最大的欺骗。 |
[19:01] | Who the hell you think you are? | 你以为你们是谁? |
[19:02] | I am your doctor. William. | 我是你的医生。威廉姆。 |
[19:03] | No, you are not. | 不,你不是。 |
[19:03] | Do you get that? No, you are not. | 你明白吗?不,你不是! |
[19:05] | You are all discharged. | 你们都被解除职务了! |
[19:06] | That can’t happen. | 那是不可能发生的。 |
[19:08] | The judge has ordered us to stay on. | 法官已经下令让我们继续辩护。 |
[19:16] | William. | 威廉姆。 |
[19:17] | You are ill. | 你有病。 |
[19:21] | You think you commited those crimes. | 你认为自己犯了罪。 |
[19:24] | Under hypnosis, you admitted that you didn’t. | 而在催眠时,你承认你没做。 |
[19:26] | Maybe I was lying under hypnosis. | 也许催眠时我在说谎。 |
[19:28] | Do you think about that? | 你没有想到这个可能性吗? |
[19:30] | Maybe I was in denial. | 也许我是在否认。 |
[19:33] | For god sake. I killed nine women. | 老天在上。我杀了九个人。 |
[19:36] | I can’t be in denial? | 我不会心理否认吗? |
[19:38] | William. All I care about for this discussion is keeping you out of prison. | 威廉姆。我所关心的是让你不要进监狱。 |
[19:43] | Why? So I can get mental treatment for my disorder? | 为了什么?所以我可以因为错乱接受精神治疗? |
[19:45] | Is that the secret plan? | 那是你们的秘密计划? |
[19:52] | I am testifying. | 我要出庭作证。 |
[19:53] | We don’t think that’s a good… | 我们不认识那是一个好…… |
[19:55] | I have the right to testify. Ms. Dole. | 我有权出庭作证。道尔女士。 |
[19:56] | If I am competent to stand trial. | 如果我有能力进行庭审。 |
[19:57] | I am competent to make this decision. | 我足以做出这个决定。 |
[20:00] | I would be getting into that witness chair. | 我会坐上证人席的。 |
[20:03] | You cannot prevent that. | 你不能阻止我。 |
[20:06] | I am testifying. | 我要出庭作证 |
[20:24] | And while under hypnosis, what did he say about the basement? | 在催眠状态中,关于地下室他说了什么? |
[20:27] | That he heard about the crime on his police radio. | 他从警方电台上听到发生了谋杀。 |
[20:30] | Together with the suspicion that was the same killer and went to the scene. | 还有怀疑是连环杀手所为。他赶去了现场。 |
[20:34] | Police were all over it. | 警察到处都是。 |
[20:35] | So he broke into the basement two houses away. | 他就闯进了隔两个房子的地下室。 |
[20:38] | I renew my hearsay rejection. | 我要重新定义对传言证据的反对。 |
[20:40] | *This is all being absurd to the truth. | 这简直是荒诞。 |
[20:42] | Mr. Hill. Your objection is noted and overruled. | 黑尔先生。你的反对被记录并驳回。 |
[20:45] | Did he say why he went to that basement? | 他说为什么去地下室了吗? |
[20:49] | No, I can only guess on some level he wanted to be caught. | 没有。我猜测在某种程度上他希望被捉住。 |
[20:53] | Doctor Reynolds. | 冉诺斯医生。 |
[20:56] | Do you have any other reason to believe he did not commit thess crimes? | 你还有其他理由相信他没有犯罪吗? |
[20:56] | Besides from what he told you under hypnosis. | 除了他在催眠中告诉你的话。 |
[20:59] | Well. As I said. | 是的。正如我所说。 |
[21:01] | I’ve studied the patterns of serial killers. | 我长期以来研究连环杀手的作案模式。 |
[21:03] | These people often have some displaced anger. | 这些人通常具有某种错置的愤怒。 |
[21:07] | I didn’t find Mr. Hinks to have a lot of anger. | 我并没有发现林克斯先生有很多愤怒。 |
[21:10] | If any. | 甚至可以说没有任何愤怒。 |
[21:11] | He’s seen this killings on pages of our newspaper. | 他在报纸上读到这些谋杀报道。 |
[21:14] | And he somehome convinced himself. He’s the object of all these headlines. | 不知怎么他让自己相信他就是这些头条消息的讨论对象。 |
[21:19] | Ever known a patient to fake being under hypnosis? | 你曾经遇到过伪装催眠状态的病人吗? |
[21:22] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[21:23] | And if this patient suffers from a delusion. Doctor. | 医生,如果这位病人有妄想症。 |
[21:27] | Wouldn’t he suffer from the same delusion under hypnosis? | 难道在催眠的时候他不会表现出同样的妄想吗? |
[21:31] | Yes. Usually the delusion will persist under hypnosis. | 一般是的。通常妄想在催眠状态下会持续。 |
[21:34] | Did that make you suspicious? | 难道那没有让你起疑吗? |
[21:35] | I was extremely suspicious. | 我觉得非常可疑。 |
[21:37] | What’s the IQ of Mr. Hinks? If you know. | 如果你知道。请问林克斯先生的智商是多少? |
[21:39] | It’s high. | 他的智商很高。 |
[21:40] | And it’s your testimony then that you make no room. | 你的证词中完全否认了这个可能性吗? |
[21:43] | For the possibility that he faked being under hypnosis. | 他伪装进入催眠状态 |
[21:46] | To tell his little tale of innocence. | 以便告诉别人他完全无辜的神话。 |
[21:49] | I’ve not only considered it. Mr. Hill. | 我不仅考虑过这一点。黑尔先生。 |
[21:51] | I’ve first suspected it. | 我是第一个持怀疑态度的人。 |
[21:53] | But when he kept insisting that his lawyer not to declare him to be innocent. | 但是他坚持他的律师不能辩护他是无辜的。 |
[21:57] | When he fired lawyers who endeavoring to prove his innoncence. | 当律师急于证明他的无辜的时候,他就解雇了他们。 |
[22:01] | I knew then he couldn’t be faking. | 这样我知道他不可能在做假。 |
[22:04] | Well. She’s simply wrong. | 她完全错了。 |
[22:06] | What more I can tell you. | 只能这么说。 |
[22:07] | Doctor Gill. Did you consider it to be a fraud confession? | 吉尔医生。你认为他的供词是真的吗? |
[22:10] | This is one of the first thing we looked for. | 这是我们首先会关注的问题。 |
[22:12] | But in Mr. Hinks case. | 但是就林克斯先生一案而言。 |
[22:13] | I determined his confession to be genuine. | 我判定他的供词并非伪造的。 |
[22:16] | And on what did you base your opinion? Sir. | 你的判断是基于什么呢?先生。 |
[22:18] | I’ve been an clinical forensic psychologist for thirty-three yeas now. | 作为临床法庭心理学家,我已经在这一领域工作了三十三年。 |
[22:22] | That’s what I do. | 我的判断基于我的经验。 |
[22:23] | In contrary to Doctor Reynolds’ findings. | 与冉诺斯医生的意见相反。 |
[22:25] | I consider Mr. Hinks to be consumed with rage. | 我认为林克斯先生从里到外充满了愤怒。 |
[22:28] | He was left alone with his mother growing up, though not phiscially abusive. | 他跟母亲相依为命长大。虽然在身体上没有虐待他。 |
[22:32] | She was emotionally punishing. | 但她在情感上很严厉成性。 |
[22:34] | *The gross mass commited here. | 我们在这里看到的令人怵目惊心的罪行。 |
[22:37] | The dissection of the body. | 对尸体进行解剖。 |
[22:39] | These are acts of hatred. | 都是出于憎恨。 |
[22:40] | These murders are very much about punishment. | 这些谋杀都和惩罚有关。 |
[22:43] | Doctor Gill. I’m going to play for you a portion of his confession. | 吉尔医生。接下来我要播放一段他的供词。 |
[22:49] | If I could figure out a way to dismember them alive, I would have done so. | 如果我能找出活着肢解她们的方法,我一定早就做了。 |
[22:54] | But fear of being caught is a determinant there. | 尽管担心被逮捕是一个影响因素。 |
[22:58] | Still I would have so loved to have extend that look of pain on their faces. | 我会非常乐于延长她们脸上那痛苦的表情。 |
[23:07] | The look of horror. The thing of beauty. | 恐惧的表情。美丽的事物。 |
[23:12] | The look on the face of a woman who knows she is about to die. | 知道她即将死去的表情。 |
[23:16] | *They write on papers. Why do they do it? Why do these killers do it over and over and over? | 他们在报纸上连篇累牍。为什么凶手要做这些?为什么凶手要一次又一次地做? |
[23:22] | It’s that look. | 是因为那个表情。 |
[23:25] | You think he will kill again? | 你认为他会继续杀人? |
[23:29] | Oh, yes. | 哦。毫无疑问。 |
[23:30] | How to get out of this? | 你怎么可能放弃呢? |
[23:34] | You just watch. | 你就那样看着。 |
[23:35] | And know the joy of the look again. | 知道将再次感受那种表情带来的愉悦。 |
[23:46] | Even if Hinks were to somehow learn all of those crimes. | 即使林克斯不知以什么方式了解到那些罪行。 |
[23:51] | *To the point of being able to fool our forcement. | 甚至到了可以瞒过警方的地步。 |
[23:54] | And that’s extremely unlikely if. | 那实际上是极为不可能的。 |
[23:56] | You cannot fake a psychosis like that. | 你是无法假装这种精神变态心理。 |
[24:01] | Sitting at that table | 坐在那张桌子边的 |
[24:02] | Is the man who mutilated those women. | 正是杀害那些女人切除她们头部的凶手。 |
[24:12] | Well. You got your wish. William | 好吧。你如愿以偿了。威廉姆。 |
[24:15] | After watching that last footage. | 在看过刚才的录像镜头以后。 |
[24:18] | I’m sure everyone thinks you did it. | 我确信所有人都相信是你干的。 |
[24:20] | Including the jury. | 包括陪审团。 |
[24:22] | Other than lying to me, you’ve tried an excellent case. | 除了对我撒谎以外,你在庭审中表现很出色。 |
[24:25] | Do you truely appreciate where you will be going? | 你真的清楚你要去什么样的地方吗? |
[24:31] | In this life or the next? | 这辈子还是下辈子? |
[24:33] | This one. | 这辈子。 |
[24:34] | I am talking about the maximum security hell of prisons | 我要说的是保安严密的地狱式监狱。 |
[24:39] | where have special feelings for man who mutilated woman. | 那里对于砍掉女人头部的犯人毫不手软。 |
[24:43] | Well. It’s my turn now. I suppose. | 哦。我想轮到我去面对这些了。 |
[24:46] | I still would like to testify. | 我还是想要作证。 |
[24:50] | I don’t see the harm at this point. | 在目前阶段,没有害处。 |
[24:53] | What else left? | 你手头还有什么? |
[24:55] | Not much. | 没什么了。 |
[24:56] | *We got an exprone tyre track that could place his car maybe in some of the areas. | 轮胎证据也许可以证明他的出现在其他地区。 |
[25:01] | It’s nothing. | 没有任何意义。 |
[25:01] | That would establish he has no alibi. | 只会显示他没有不在现场的证明。 |
[25:03] | Big deals. He said that himself. | 大问题。他自己说了没有旁证。 |
[25:05] | We are almost done. | 已经没牌可打了。 |
[25:06] | Are you winning or losing? | 你是快赢了还是快输了? |
[25:08] | Well. That’s depending on the goal. Eugene. | 这样说来。要看目标是什么了。尤金。 |
[25:11] | I think he is looking at a conviction. | 我觉得他想要被定罪。 |
[25:14] | But the client seems to be a victory. | 但这对客户来说反而看起来是个胜利。 |
[25:16] | And why does he want to testify exactly? | 到底为什么他要作证呢? |
[25:18] | Because if my soul is to be offered any chance of redemption. | 因为如果我的灵魂被赋予任何赎救的机会。 |
[25:23] | I must make a full confession. | 我必须彻底坦白地供认一切。 |
[25:25] | And god would like to do that under oath? | 上帝会要你在誓言下进行? |
[25:29] | God would like me to be open and notorious with my evil. | 上帝想看到我对自己的罪恶供认不讳。 |
[25:33] | Yes. | 好的。 |
[25:33] | What did you do with the gloves? | 你是怎么处理手套的? |
[25:36] | I’m sorry. | 我不明白你的意思。 |
[25:37] | The killer always wore latex gloves to avoid leaving oily prints behind. | 凶手总是带着橡胶手套避免留下指纹。 |
[25:42] | On the night you were caught gloves were never found. | 你被抓到的那晚,没有发现手套。 |
[25:44] | What did you do with them? | 你把它们放到哪里了? |
[25:45] | As I told the police. | 正如我告诉警方的。 |
[25:47] | I have no actual memery how I disposed them. | 我并不记得我是怎么处理手套的。 |
[25:49] | And again, as I told the police. | 另外,正如我告诉警方的。 |
[25:51] | If I were to guess, I threw them in fire and burned them. | 如果我来猜的话,我会扔到火里烧掉它们。 |
[25:54] | Actually you didn’t make that guess in your confession. | 事实上,你在你的供词里并没有做出这样的猜测。 |
[25:56] | You made it much later, after it was reported there was a fire burning. | 你是在后来报道附近有火炉以后,才做出这个猜测的。 |
[25:59] | The police found no resedue of gloves in the fireplace. | 警方在火炉里没有找到手套的残留。 |
[26:02] | Did you know that? | 你知道那个吗? |
[26:03] | Is it possible nobody could find the gloves, because the real killer took them? | 有没有可能没人能找到手套,是因为真正的凶手拿走了它们? |
[26:08] | I am the real killer. Ms. Dole. | 我就是真正的凶手。道尔女士。 |
[26:09] | How come you didn’t know the second victim had cancer? | 那为什么你不知道第二个被害者有癌症? |
[26:12] | Something was never released to the media. | 媒体没有报道过这个细节。 |
[26:15] | Coincidentally you didn’t know when you confessed. | 巧合的是,你招供的时候也不知道。 |
[26:18] | I didn’t give them physicals, counsel. | 我不是去给她们做身体检查的,律师。 |
[26:20] | I just removed their heads. | 我是去砍掉她们的头的。 |
[26:22] | This one’s head has a wig on it. | 这个被害者头上有假发。 |
[26:24] | You decapitated her, but did not know she had a wig? | 你把她的头砍掉,却不知道她有假发? |
[26:27] | Even the sickest criminal knows not to mess with women’s hair. | 即使是最穷凶极恶的罪犯也知道不要弄乱女人的头发。 |
[26:31] | What a cleve answer. | 真是个聪明的回答。 |
[26:33] | Women have a thing about nails too. You mess with them. | 女人也很注意她们指甲。但是你没有放过指甲。 |
[26:38] | Actually I never so much screwed the nail. I removed them in perfect condition. | 其实我从没有把指甲弄得乱糟糟。它们被取下的时候状态完美。 |
[26:43] | What happened to them? | 那它们去哪里了? |
[26:45] | I beg your parden? | 请再说一遍? |
[26:47] | You said in your confession. You took them as souvenirs. | 在你的供词里提到,你拿走了指甲做纪念品。 |
[26:49] | People keep souvenirs. What did you do with them? | 人们留着纪念品。你怎么处理它们的? |
[26:51] | That I won’t tell. | 恕我无可奉告。 |
[26:52] | Come on. Mr. Hinks. | 不要装下去了。林克斯先生。 |
[26:54] | You don’t know where they are because you never took them. | 你不知道它们在哪,因为你根本没有拿。 |
[26:56] | I did. | 我拿了。 |
[26:57] | All of them? Every victim? | 所有的指甲?每一个被害者的? |
[26:59] | Every victim. | 每一个被害者的。 |
[27:00] | What about fingernails on the last victim? | 最后一个被害者的指甲呢? |
[27:02] | Mr. Hinks. | 林克斯先生。 |
[27:03] | They went away with gloves? | 它们也和手套一起被烧了? |
[27:05] | I swallowed them. | 我把它们吞下去了。 |
[27:15] | What about the fifth victim. Mr. Hinks. Angela Button, you remember her? | 那第五个被害者呢。林克斯先生。安吉拉.伯顿。你记得吗? |
[27:19] | *Pretty, quick temper, lots of hair. | 漂亮,有点小脾气 |
[27:22] | Did you remove her fingernails? | 你也取下了她的指甲吗? |
[27:24] | One by one. | 一个一个地取下来的。 |
[27:25] | Made it difficult, becuase she bit them. | 有点麻烦。因为她喜欢咬指甲。 |
[27:27] | You didn’t take her nails. Mr. Hinks | 你没有取下她的指甲。林克斯先生。 |
[27:29] | Not Angela Button’s. | 没有安吉拉.伯顿的指甲。 |
[27:31] | The police concealed information for the purpose of fleshing out phoney confessions. | 警方会添加细节隐瞒信息得到假供词。 |
[27:37] | And in your confession, you talked about removing Ms. Button’s nails before you incised the hands. | 在你的供词里,你提到砍手之前取下了伯顿的指甲。 |
[27:42] | The thing is. Mr. Hinks. | 但问题是。林克斯先生。 |
[27:44] | When you go to trial, the pocecution has to handle over all sceptical evidence. | 当你进行庭审的时候,控方必须把一切可疑证据一起移交。 |
[27:48] | Even the stuffs police concealed. | 甚至警方故意隐瞒的。 |
[27:50] | And what I’ve now learned. | 就我目前所知。 |
[27:52] | The nails of Angela Button were never removed. | 安吉拉.伯顿的指甲从来没有被取下过。 |
[27:55] | It was reported they were. | 报纸报道里说它们被移除了。 |
[27:57] | So you confessed doing it. | 所以你供认做了。 |
[27:58] | So I forgot. | 那怎么样。我忘了。 |
[28:01] | It was four victims ago. | 那是四个被害者之前。 |
[28:05] | They blend. | 细节都混在一起了。 |
[28:06] | You forgot. | 你忘了? |
[28:06] | You forgot a lot of things. Mr. Hinks | 你忘了很多事情。林克斯先生。 |
[28:09] | *You could never remember the colors of carpets, the layouts of the rooms, the types of tricks… | 你记不得地毯的颜色,房间的摆设, |
[28:13] | I was killing people. You think I was going to take time out to notice fabric? | 我是去杀人的。你以为我会花时间注意地毯材质? |
[28:16] | This killer notices everything. He was meticulous. | 这个凶手留心所有的事情。他极为小心精细。 |
[28:19] | Please don’t talk about me as if I were not in the room. | 请不要说得好像我不在这个房间里一样。 |
[28:21] | What about the tenth victim? | 那第十个被害者呢? |
[28:27] | There were nine. | 只有九个。 |
[28:29] | Nine reported. | 报道提到了九个。 |
[28:30] | There was a tenth. | 有一个第十个被害者。 |
[28:32] | Never confirmed to be one of the serial victims. | 从未被确认是系列被害者之一。 |
[28:34] | Because she died by a gunshot wound. | 因为她是枪击致死的。 |
[28:36] | Objection. | 反对。 |
[28:36] | Overruled. | 驳回。 |
[28:37] | *Her fingernails were also put out, limbs and head were aptated | 她的指甲也被剥下,四肢和头被取下。 |
[28:41] | Is it your work? Mr. Hinks. | 也是你所为吗?林克斯先生。 |
[28:41] | Objection. She is deliberately… *Ask counsel not to interrupt with the witness. | 反对。她在刻意……请让控方律师不要打扰证人作证。 |
[28:45] | Mr. Hill. You will sit and remain quiet. | 黑尔先生。请坐下并保持安静。 |
[28:46] | Your work? Mr. Hinks. | 是你做的吗?林克斯先生。 |
[28:48] | Or another killer who likes fingernails? | 或者是另一个喜欢指甲的凶手? |
[28:53] | I didn’t think the police knew about that one. | 我没想到警方会发现这一个。 |
[28:56] | So it was your work. | 所以是你做的。 |
[29:01] | Your work? Mr. Hinks. | 是不是?林克斯先生。 |
[29:07] | Yes. | 是我杀的。 |
[29:08] | Funny. I made it up. | 好笑。其实是我编的。 |
[29:13] | You are a fraud. | 你是个骗子。 |
[29:15] | You have never hurt anybody. | 你从来没有伤害过任何人。 |
[29:17] | I killed those people. | 我杀了那些人。 |
[29:19] | No. You didn’t. | 不。你没有。 |
[29:20] | I killed those people. Ms. Dole. | 我杀了那些人。道尔女士。 |
[29:22] | Your doctor discovered you delusional. | 你的医生发现你有妄想症。 |
[29:24] | You’re just a anonymous little man. | 你只是一个籍籍无名的普通人而已。 |
[29:25] | I killed those women as quickly and surely as I will kill you. | 我杀了那些人,很快我一定也会杀了你。 |
[29:30] | Mr. Hinks. I did it. | 林克斯先生。我杀了人。 |
[29:31] | I’m famous. | 我出名了。 |
[29:34] | You see my pictures in the papers. | 你看报纸上都是我的照片。 |
[29:38] | Because I did it. | 因为是我杀人了。 |
[29:39] | Mr. Hinks. Please lower your voice. | 林克斯先生。请不要大声喧哗。 |
[29:41] | It is mine. I killed! I killed them. | 我杀了!我杀了她们! |
[29:45] | And you can’t take it away. | 你不能从我身上夺走。 |
[29:52] | You can’t. | 你不能这么做。 |
[30:04] | OK. Mr. Hinks. | 好吧。林克斯先生。 |
[30:07] | You win. | 你赢了。 |
[30:29] | Forgive me. Mr. Hinks. | 原谅我。林克斯先生。 |
[30:31] | I was just trying to decide whose performance was better here. | 我只是不能确定谁的表演更精彩 |
[30:35] | Yours or Ms. Dole’s. | 是你还是道尔女士。 |
[30:36] | Objection. | 反对。 |
[30:37] | Sustained. | 反对有效。 |
[30:40] | I have nothing for Mr. Hinks. | 我没有什么要问林克斯先生的。 |
[30:55] | You think maybe we’ve won. | 你觉得我们有可能会赢吗。 |
[30:59] | It’s not over. | 还没完。 |
[31:01] | You haven’t heard him closes. | 还没有听到他的结案陈词。 |
[31:12] | No phiscical evidence. | 没有实际证据。 |
[31:13] | No witnesses. | 没有证人。 |
[31:15] | *Just a confession from a paronoid manic man suffering from delusions. | 只有来自一个偏执疯狂的妄想症患者的供词。 |
[31:20] | A man desperate to believe he is something he is not. | 一个竭力想把自己装成另外一个人的妄想症患者。 |
[31:23] | You heard his treating psychologist. | 你们听到他的心理治疗师的话了。 |
[31:26] | You saw him in that witness chair. | 你们看到他在证人席上的样子了。 |
[31:29] | He is ill. | 他有病。 |
[31:31] | But he is not the sick man who commited those crimes. | 但他并不是那个犯下可怕罪行的变态。 |
[31:34] | For this so-called confession. | 至于那些所谓的供词。 |
[31:36] | He was armed only with information that has been published somewhere. | 他所有的仅仅是出版和公开报道的信息。 |
[31:41] | Stuffs he cut out, downloaded, printed, plastered all over his walls. | 那些他剪下,下载,打印和塑封以后贴满了墙的东西。 |
[31:45] | The things weren’t public information that the fingernails were still on the fifth victim. | 那些不属于公开发表的信息,比如第五个被害者的指甲。 |
[31:50] | Oh, he somehow forgot that. | 哦,他不知怎么就忘了。 |
[31:52] | Mr. Hinks as part of his illness. | 林克斯先生的心理疾病 |
[31:55] | Is desperate to believe he is the one. | 使他极力想要相信自己就是凶手。 |
[32:00] | The prosecution as result of public pressure is desperate to believe he is the one. | 控方出于公众压力也极力想要相信他就是凶手。 |
[32:05] | I think on some level. | 我想在某种层面上。 |
[32:06] | We all are. | 我们都希望是他。 |
[32:08] | Because we want this sick person whoever he is off the street. | 因为我们想要这个变态,不管他是谁,被关进监狱。 |
[32:13] | But we really truely want this killer captured. | 但是我们想要的是真正的凶手被抓起来。 |
[32:19] | We better send the message to the police. | 我们最好让警方知道这一点。 |
[32:21] | That they better keep looking. | 他们要继续追查。 |
[32:24] | Because it’s not William Hinks. | 因为并不是威廉姆.林克斯。 |
[32:49] | I have never been on a case that defense pled insanity only to then. | 我从来没有参与过这样的案子。辩方辩称精神失常是为了 |
[32:55] | In the middle of trial suddenly declared he didn’t do it at all. | 在庭审中途突然宣布被告根本没犯罪 |
[32:58] | *And then to follow that with the defendant taking stand that he did. | 接下来让被告坐到证人席上坚持说他做了。 |
[33:04] | Sounds crazy. | 听起来很疯狂。 |
[33:05] | But it isn’t crazy, ladies and gentlemen, it’s brilliant. | 但并不是这样简单。先生们女士们。这是聪明绝顶的做法。 |
[33:09] | And very carefully orchestrated. | 而且经过极为精心地策划。 |
[33:12] | We’re dealing with the sick dark but brilliant chess player. | 我们要对付的是一个变态、阴暗同时头脑一流的下棋高手。 |
[33:18] | A man who made eight women, eight different women got admitted to their homes. | 他可以让八个不同的女人都把他请进了自己的家, |
[33:23] | Murdered them, leaving virtually no evidance. | 然后被他谋杀,最后一点证据没有留下。 |
[33:26] | Not a hair, not a bit of sweat. Nothing. | 没有一根头发,一滴汗水。没有任何证据。 |
[33:29] | Then he met his ninth victim. | 然后他遇到了他的第九位被害者。 |
[33:31] | And though she let him in. Like the eight others had before her. | 虽然她让他进门了。就像之前八位被害者一样。 |
[33:35] | She was also able to set off a silent alarm. | 但是她设置了一个无声警报。 |
[33:41] | Mr. Hinks still was able to commit the murder and do his immaculate clean up. | 林克斯先生仍然得以实施他的罪行,并把现场清理得整洁无污。 |
[33:46] | But when came time to leave the police were coming. | 但是当他离开的时候,警察来了。 |
[33:50] | And this time he had to take flight. | 这次他得逃跑。 |
[33:52] | To seek cover in a neighboring basement. | 逃到隔壁的地下室藏起来。 |
[33:56] | And this time he was caught. | 这一次他被抓到。 |
[33:58] | He knew the police would search his appartment. | 他知道警方会搜查他的公寓。 |
[34:01] | And found those clippings and those websites, print outs. | 并找到所有的剪贴夹、网站和打印的报道。 |
[34:04] | He knew that he could offer no alibis for eight other killings. | 他知道他无法提供任何不在现场的证据。 |
[34:09] | He knew that the police would know they had the right guy. | 他知道警方会明白抓到了真正的凶手。 |
[34:13] | Well. To get out this now. Mr. Hinks would have to be his most genious, wouldn’t he? | 所以。为了逃出生天。林克斯先生必须要绞尽脑汁拿出最天才的一面,不是吗? |
[34:19] | So, he gave us a confession. | 所以他给了供词。 |
[34:21] | Careful to provide most details but also careful to leave out a few. | 小心地提供绝大部分细节同时小心地隐瞒一些细节。 |
[34:24] | And then. While in the pretence of being hypnosis. | 接下来。当假装处于催眠状态的时候。 |
[34:30] | While being treated. | 当被治疗的时候。 |
[34:32] | He tells a different story. | 他讲了一个不同的故事。 |
[34:33] | A story of innocence. | 一个关于无辜的故事。 |
[34:35] | And he hopes that the therapist will become his pawn. | 他想要让心理治疗师成为他的傀儡。 |
[34:39] | Well. Doctor Reynolds is no pushover. She is a gifted psychologist. | 平心而论。冉诺斯医生不是轻信的人。她是一位才华横溢的心理学家。 |
[34:45] | *One likely capable of detecting a shime. | 一个很有可能觉察到问题的心理学家。 |
[34:47] | And though he has her most convinced, he knew she remained doubtful. | 虽然他几乎使她相信了这个故事,他知道她仍然心有疑虑。 |
[34:51] | According to her own testimony, it was only after Mr. Hinks fired his previous attorneys. | 根据她自己的证词。是在林克斯先生解雇了他的律师以后。 |
[34:58] | That she finally decided he was not faking his delusions. | 她才终于确信他不是在假装妄想。 |
[35:03] | He got her. | 他赢得她的信任。 |
[35:05] | And he needed her. | 他需要她。 |
[35:06] | You see have any chance in the acquittal. | 你们注意到了无罪开释的机会了没有? |
[35:10] | Mr. Hinks needed this therapist to sell you. | 林克斯先生需要这位心理治疗师让你们相信他的故事。 |
[35:13] | And in order to keep her convinced enough. | 为了使她继续足够相信他的妄想。 |
[35:16] | He had to keep insisting that he did it. | 他必须坚持他杀了人。 |
[35:19] | And he had to keep insisting that his lawyer is not say otherwise. | 他必须坚持他的律师也这样说。 |
[35:22] | All a while needing a lawyer who would say otherwise. | 突然之间,他需要一位不这样说的律师。 |
[35:26] | Over his framed protest. | 忽视他编造的抗议。 |
[35:31] | And Ms. Dole. Pawn No. 2. | 就是道尔女士。傀儡二号。 |
[35:35] | Mr. Hinks needed an attorney who would find a way to plead not guilty. | 林克斯先生需要一位想方设法以无罪为他辩护的律师。 |
[35:41] | And inspite of being told not to. | 即使她被告知不要这样做。 |
[35:44] | Sound complicated? You bet. | 听起来很复杂?毫无疑问。 |
[35:46] | Hard to pull of? Absolutely. | 很难实施始终?绝对是的。 |
[35:49] | Far fetched? Maybe. | 不可能最终实现?也许如此。 |
[35:51] | But let’s consider what’s put off before? | 但让我们回头看之前所发生的。 |
[35:56] | Not many people can commit eight murders | 没有多少人可以犯下八桩罪行 |
[35:59] | Without leaving a single clue. | 却不留下丝毫线索。 |
[36:01] | He did and then he met his ninth. | 他做到了,然后遇到了第九个被害者。 |
[36:05] | And we got him. | 我们抓到了他。 |
[36:08] | We finally got him. | 我们终于抓到了他。 |
[36:11] | And in order to get off. | 为了摆脱死局。 |
[36:13] | He would have to come up with something masterful. | 他必须使尽浑身解数设下一个掌控全局的计划。 |
[36:18] | He did. | 他做到了。 |
[36:19] | You want to give an academy award for his wrenching performance on the witness stand. | 如果你们要给他在证人席上声嘶力竭的表演颁奥斯卡奖。 |
[36:24] | You do it. | 尽请随意。 |
[36:25] | But don’t you dare to give him acquittal. | 但你们一定不能给他无罪释放。 |
[36:27] | Don’t you dare. | 绝对不行。 |
[36:30] | You don’t want him out there. | 你们不想让他逍遥法外。 |
[36:31] | Looking for number ten. | 去找第十个被害者。 |
[36:49] | How long? | 多久会出结果? |
[36:51] | I expect this one takes a while. | 我想这一个会花些时间。 |
[36:55] | It’s close. | 很接近。 |
[36:57] | His closing was good, wasn’t it? | 他的结案陈词很棒,不是吗? |
[37:01] | Extremely. | 极为出色。 |
[37:08] | He kind of sold me. | 他差点说服我了。 |
[37:38] | *Did you know I planned an yankee insanity plead and go straight not guilty? | 你知道我先以精神失常辩护,然后变成无罪辩护? |
[37:45] | I had a pretty good idea. | 我差不多猜到了。 |
[37:48] | When you wouldn’t tell me the strategy. | 当你不要告诉我辩护策略的时候。 |
[37:50] | And you said I might be testifying. | 然后你说我可能要作证的时候。 |
[37:52] | I figured that’s what you were planning. | 我推断出那是你接下来的打算。 |
[37:53] | What would I hadn’t? | 如果我没有这样做呢? |
[37:57] | Wasn’t that sort of risk? | 那不是有点冒险吗? |
[37:59] | *Ha, considering my place, I was in the position to take risks. | 嘿。考虑到我的处境,冒险是在所难免的。 |
[38:03] | *Besides I was posited to suffer a mental breakdown at least secure a mistrial. | 此外我计划当庭表现精神崩溃,至少可以保证庭审失效。 |
[38:07] | If you stuck with insanity. | 如果你一直坚持以精神失常辩护的话。 |
[38:09] | Why didn’t you just let me talk into not guilty? | 为什么你不就让我直接无罪辩护? |
[38:12] | Over your projection. | 根据你的判断。 |
[38:14] | Because Doctor Reynolds was measuring me every single step along away. | 因为冉诺斯医生一直密切注视我的一举一动。 |
[38:19] | I had to cling to my delusions. *Without her complete sold, I didn’t stand a chance. | 我必须继续妄想症。没有她在我这一边,我没有机会赢。 |
[38:23] | And what she perhaps didn’t tell you. | 她可能没有告诉你。 |
[38:25] | She wasn’t completely sure. | 她不是完全确信。 |
[38:26] | She thought I was innocent. | 她认为我是无辜的。 |
[38:29] | But her medical conclusion were far more precarious than she ever let on. | 但她的医学结论远比她愿意承认的小心谨慎得多。 |
[38:33] | I couldn’t risk losing her. | 我不能冒险失去她。 |
[38:35] | OK. Why not fake approvment? | 好吧。那为什么不假装同意治疗? |
[38:37] | Take medication and you could just testify and said: | 吃药治疗然后你可以作证就说: |
[38:41] | I thought I killed them, but now I know I didn’t. | 我以为我杀了人,但现在我知道自己没干。 |
[38:43] | It’s far too self-serving. | 那自私的心思就太明显了。 |
[38:46] | When you murdered nine people. | 当你谋杀了九个人。 |
[38:48] | The jury is not looking for a reason to let you go. | 陪审团不会随便接受个理由就让你脱身。 |
[38:50] | Things have to be perfect. | 计划必须完美无缺。 |
[38:53] | If you get off. | 如果你被释放了。 |
[39:00] | You gonna kill again? | 会再开杀戒吗? |
[39:03] | Mr. Berluti. If I tell you I’m about to kill again. | 布鲁迪先生。如果我告诉你我会再杀人。 |
[39:09] | You don’t have to honor privilege. | 你就不需要遵守律师和客户的保密协议了。 |
[39:11] | And you can repeat everything I’m telling you now. | 你可以重复所有我现在告诉你的话。 |
[39:15] | But nice try. | 不过,漂亮的尝试。 |
[39:18] | So things went just as you planned. | 所以一切都在按照你的计划进行。 |
[39:21] | I certainly didn’t plan for Mr. Hill to be so good in his closing. | 我肯定没有计划到黑尔先生的结案陈词这么有说服力。 |
[39:26] | If he convinced you, I hardly feel over confident. | 如果他让你动摇了。我可不那么过于自信了。 |
[39:32] | *What about the latex gloves on the last victim? | 所以最后一个被害者时的手套呢? |
[39:34] | Burned them in the fireplace. | 在火炉里烧掉了 |
[39:38] | *Police are shouty. | 警方不够细心。 |
[39:43] | Verdict. | 宣判结果。 |
[40:03] | Alright. | 好吧。 |
[40:05] | Mr. Hinks. Would you please rise? | 林克斯先生。请起立。 |
[40:07] | *And foreperson. The jury has finally verdict? | 陪审团做出最后判决。 |
[40:10] | We do, your honor. | 是的。法官大人。 |
[40:12] | What say you? | 你们的判决结果是什么? |
[40:13] | Common wealth versus William Hinks. | 威廉姆.林克斯宣判结果。 |
[40:16] | Counts one through nine of murder in the first degree. | 一至九项一级杀人罪。 |
[40:20] | We find the defendant William Hinks not guilty. | 我们判决被告威廉姆.林克斯无罪。 |
[40:24] | #Sound of crying# | #哭喊的声音# |
[40:27] | Alright. | 好吧。 |
[40:29] | Memebers of the jury your service here is completed. | 陪审团成员你们的服务已经完成。 |
[40:32] | Mr. Hinks. You have been declared not guilty. | 林克斯先生。你已经被判决无罪。 |
[40:36] | You are free to go. | 你可以离开了。 |
[40:38] | This court is adjourned. | 本案结束。 |
[40:49] | *Am I grabed the back way? | 我从后面走? |
[40:51] | Yes. Thank you. | 好的。谢谢。 |
[40:52] | Thank you both. | 谢谢两位。 |
[40:54] | Mr. Hinks. About the fingernails, did you keep them in back… | 林克斯先生。关于指甲,你把它们放在…… |
[40:57] | Unbelieable. | 难以置信。 |
[40:58] | Thank you. Doctor Reynolds. | 谢谢你。冉诺斯医生。 |
[41:01] | I suppose your heart wasn’t in the right place. | 我想你现在一定很激动。 |
[41:04] | Yeah. | 是啊。 |
[41:05] | Listen. William. This gets you out. | 听着。威廉姆。你这次被释放了。 |
[41:07] | But you still need treatment. | 但是你仍然需要治疗。 |
[41:10] | Would you let me help you? | 你愿意让我帮助你吗? |
[41:12] | Let me think about that, alright? | 让我想一想,好吗? |
[41:14] | You really need to get help. | 你真的需要得到帮助。 |
[41:18] | I’ll call you. | 我会给你打电话的。 |
[41:27] | You did it. Lindsay. | 你做到了。琳兹。 |
[41:29] | Incredible. | 不可思议。 |
[41:31] | Were you really sure he was innocent? | 你真的确信他是无辜的吗? |
[41:33] | Was I sure? | 我吗? |
[41:34] | No. | 大概不是。 |
[41:37] | I probably will never be 100% sure. | 我大概永远不会100%确信。 |
[41:39] | He knew that. | 他知道那一点。 |
[41:40] | Sorry? | 你说什么? |
[41:45] | Nothing. | 没什么。 |
[41:46] | *Well. He is not out of the woods unless he gets treatment. | 其实,除非得到治疗他仍然存在问题。 |
[41:49] | Let him go. Jeannie. | 让他走。詹妮。 |
[41:51] | He is ill. Lindsay. | 他有病。琳兹。 |
[41:53] | Everything doesn’t just end after the trial. Sorry to say. | 不是庭审结束就皆大欢喜了。抱歉这么说。 |
[41:56] | Especially this one. | 特别是这个案子。 |
[41:58] | Let him go. | 让他走。 |