时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | LINDSAY DOLE: Previously on “The Practice”… | 前集回顾部分未翻译 |
[00:02] | All nine victims had dogs. | |
[00:04] | Mr. Hinks met all of them | |
[00:06] | in various parks and streets while walking his dog. | |
[00:09] | My opinion is Mr. Hinks is suffering from delusions. | |
[00:12] | Basically, he thinks he killed those women. | |
[00:15] | We find the defendant William Hinks | |
[00:17] | not guilty. | |
[00:19] | Lindsay, the man did not kill anybody. | |
[00:22] | Jeannie, he did. | |
[00:24] | WILLIAM: Can I vote? | |
[00:25] | -Aah! -Aah! | |
[00:27] | I am issuing a restraining order | |
[00:29] | requiring Mr. Hinks not to contact, | |
[00:32] | follow, or approach Ms. Dole and Ms. Hatcher | |
[00:35] | and to stay at all times | |
[00:38] | at least 1,000 feet from them, their homes, and their offices. | |
[00:42] | “To Lindsay with affection.” | |
[00:45] | it’s a little dog. | |
[00:47] | Who’s sending you a dog? | |
[00:50] | On count one, murder in the first degree, | |
[00:53] | we find the defendant Scott Wallace not guilty. | |
[00:57] | He fired me. | |
[00:59] | -What? Who? -Harry Duvall. | |
[01:00] | The employees… | |
[01:02] | don’t want him around. | |
[01:03] | They don’t even want him in the building. | |
[01:06] | What about you, Harry? | |
[01:08] | I don’t want you around, either, Scott. | |
[01:10] | And whether you killed Karen or not, | |
[01:12] | you’re just not the same man I used to know. | |
[01:14] | Aw, Jesus, Scott! | |
[01:16] | This is just the anesthesia. | |
[01:18] | If you kill yourself, | |
[01:19] | people are going to say, | |
[01:20] | “See? He killed her. He killed himself.” | |
[01:23] | Is that the legacy that you really want to leave, Scott? | |
[01:26] | No. | |
[01:34] | He had this look on his face — | 他脸上那种表情。。。 |
[01:39] | he just seemed a little outside of himself. | 就像是有些茫然 |
[01:41] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[01:43] | I mean something snapped in this guy. | 我是说有什么突然让这家伙失控了 |
[01:45] | At first it just seemed | 一开始他像是要自杀 |
[01:47] | like he was going to kill himself, | 一开始他像是要自杀 |
[01:49] | and then he turned the gun on Duvall, | 但随后他把枪口转向Duvall |
[01:52] | and he just started shooting. | 扣动了扳机 |
[01:56] | I’m just thankful he didn’t shoot me. | 我真是庆幸他没有冲我开枪 |
[02:01] | You didn’t know he had brought the gun. | 你们不知道他带了枪吧 |
[02:03] | Of course not. | 当然不知道了 |
[02:06] | He just pulled it out. I don’t even know from where. | 我甚至都没看清他从哪里掏出枪的 |
[02:09] | What was his demeanor? | 他的行为举止如何? |
[02:11] | Well, he was building into this rage, you know. | 他被迫形成这种愤怒的情绪,你懂的, |
[02:15] | He was building up and up, | 不断地积累, |
[02:18] | and then we thought he was going to kill himself. | 我以为他打算要自杀。 |
[02:21] | Then a kind of calm came over him. | 但随后他却平静下来 |
[02:27] | Calm in what way? | 怎么平静下来的? |
[02:28] | Well, when Duvall said, | 那个,当Duvall说到 |
[02:30] | “Don’t do it. Don’t kill yourself,” | “别那样做,不要自杀” |
[02:32] | and Scott said, “You’re absolutely right,” | 然后Scott说,“你说的太对了” |
[02:35] | he said it — | 他说这话。。。 |
[02:37] | It was with this evil revenge kind of calm. | 那是一种带有邪恶和报复的淡定 |
[02:41] | That’s the best way I can describe it. | 这是我能做出的最恰当的描述了 |
[02:44] | Do you think this was a revenge killing? | 你认为这是报复杀人吗? |
[02:46] | Absolutely. | 绝对是。 |
[02:47] | From your observation, | 以你的观察 |
[02:49] | he knew what he was doing? | 他明白他正在干什么吗? |
[02:51] | Oh, he knew exactly. | 噢,他绝对明白 |
[02:54] | This guy didn’t snap here. | 这家伙精神没崩溃 |
[02:56] | He made a decision. | 他做出了抉择 |
[02:57] | He decided to kill this Duvall guy, | 他存心要杀了这个Duvall |
[03:00] | and he did it. | 而且他也那么干了 |
[03:01] | You’re sure about that from your observation. | 你是通过你的观察确信这一点的吧 |
[03:04] | I’m totally sure. It was an execution. | 我完全有把握,这是一次处决 |
[04:11] | Rejected. | 我拒绝 |
[04:12] | Mitchell, I didn’t even tell you the offer. | Mitchell,我都还没跟你说交易条件呢 |
[04:14] | It doesn’t matter, Helen. | 什么条件也没所谓,Helen |
[04:15] | That should tell you something. | 你应该明白了点什么吧 |
[04:17] | Oh, come on. You can’t be expecting to win this. | 噢,拉倒吧,你别指望这次能赢 |
[04:19] | The guy’s sitting in a van with 100 grams of heroin. | 这家伙坐在一辆带有100克海洛因的货车里 |
[04:22] | And I keep telling you, my client is a chemist | 我一直跟你说,我的当事人是一个化学家 |
[04:24] | whose only mistake was working so hard | 他犯的错仅仅是工作太累了 |
[04:26] | he fell asleep at the wheel. | 他开车的时候打盹了 |
[04:28] | He had no idea those drugs were there. | 他根本不知道车里有毒品 |
[04:30] | Mitchell, we used to date. | Mitchell,我们以前约会过 |
[04:32] | You forget I could always tell when you were lying. | 你忘记了只要你撒谎我就能看出来 |
[04:34] | But you could never tell when I wasn’t. | 但我说实话的时候你也从未看出来 |
[04:36] | I’m not after your client. I’m after his boss. | 我不在乎你的当事人,我要抓的是他的老板 |
[04:39] | All I need is a name. | 我要的就是一个名字 |
[04:41] | Helen… Helen。。。 | |
[04:42] | He’s facing 15 years. We’re offering 5. | 他会判15年徒刑,我的交易条件是5年 |
[04:44] | Why would you turn that down? | 你为什么要拒绝呢? |
[04:45] | Because I’m not a D. A. anymore. | 因为我不再是地区检察官了 |
[04:47] | I’m a defense lawyer. That’s one reason. | 我是一个辩护律师,这是第一个原因。 |
[04:49] | The other is my client is innocent. | 另一个原因是我的当事人是无辜的 |
[04:53] | What did you have for breakfast? | 你早餐吃了什么呀? |
[04:55] | Hey, I’m pregnant. | 嗨,我怀孕了 |
[04:57] | -So am I. -Me, too. | -我也是 -还有我 |
[05:00] | Is this dog going to live here now? | 现在打算把这只狗养在这里吗? |
[05:01] | His name is Chopper, | 它叫Chopper。 |
[05:03] | and, yeah, until he gets house trained | 没错,直到它受过训练为止 |
[05:05] | and I know that he won’t pee on my carpet. | 而且我要确定它不会在我地毯上撒尿 |
[05:08] | There. | 得啦 |
[05:09] | Jimmy, my office. | Jimmy,到我办公室来 |
[05:20] | What’s wrong? | 怎么回事? |
[05:22] | You told the police | 你跟警察说 |
[05:23] | that Scott Wallace acted with premeditation? | Scott Wallace是有预谋的行动吗? |
[05:25] | He did. | 他就是呀 |
[05:26] | You’re his lawyer. How — | 你是他的律师,你怎么能。。。 |
[05:27] | Not on this I’m not. Ellenor and I were witnesses. | 在这事上我可不是,Ellenor和我是证人 |
[05:29] | And Ellenor correctly said he snapped. | 但Elleno实事求是地说他精神崩溃了 |
[05:31] | -I don’t agree. -Whether you — | -我不那么看 -无论你。。。 |
[05:33] | You weren’t there, so how do you know what’s correct? | 你不在现场,你怎么知道什么是正确的? |
[05:34] | -I know Scott’s mental state. -I was in the room. | -我了解Scott的精神状态 -可我在现场 |
[05:37] | You basically screwed our insanity defense. | 你从根本上毁了我们按精神错乱辩护的策略 |
[05:38] | I was in the room. | 我就在现场 |
[05:40] | If there was even a question — | 如果存在一些疑问。。。 |
[05:41] | There wasn’t, not to me. He didn’t snap. | 对我来说,毫无疑问,他没有精神崩溃 |
[05:43] | He knew exactly what he was doing. I was a witness. | 他很清楚他正在干什么,我是证人 |
[05:47] | And I don’t appreciate you telling me to ignore the truth… | 而且我对你让我忽略事实 |
[05:50] | I wasn’t. | 我没有 |
[05:50] | Or feeding me what you think the truth should be. | 或者把你的看法灌输给我的做法很不爽 |
[05:53] | I was in the room. | 我在现场! |
[05:54] | What happened in that room was the result of many things | 在那儿发生的事,是由很多先前发生的事导致的 |
[05:57] | that took place before. | 在那儿发生的事,是由很多先前发生的事导致的 |
[05:59] | I told them what I saw. | 我只是告诉警察我看到了什么 |
[06:01] | All right. Bobby, of course he should tell the truth. | 好了, Bobby,他当然是应该说出实情 |
[06:04] | Well, if you’re wrong, Jimmy, | 好吧,Jimmy,如果是你错了 |
[06:06] | your mistake could cost a man a life sentence. | 你的错误会让一个人付出一生的代价 |
[06:14] | That was way out of line. | 这太过分了 |
[06:16] | Scott Wallace — Scott Wallace。。。 | |
[06:18] | I don’t care. You were way out of line. | 这我不管,你太过分了 |
[06:27] | The front end was up against a telephone pole | 前部撞到电线杆子上,完全撞碎了 |
[06:29] | completely smashed. | 前部撞到电线杆子上,完全撞碎了 |
[06:30] | It was a white van with the words | 那是一辆侧面印着“Gray制药”字样的白色货车 |
[06:32] | “Gray’s Pharmaceutical” on the side. | 那是一辆侧面印着“Gray制药”字样的白色货车 |
[06:34] | Officer, did you see anyone behind the wheel? | 警官,你看到是谁开车的吗? |
[06:37] | Yes. I didn’t at first. His head was kind of hunched, | 看到了,我一开始没看到,他缩着头 |
[06:40] | but as I got closer, I could see it was the defendant. | 但我靠近一些后,我能看到开车的就是被告 |
[06:43] | How would you describe the defendant’s condition? | 你如何描述被告的情况? |
[06:46] | He had a deep laceration on the left side of his forehead. | 他前额左侧有一处深深的裂伤。 |
[06:49] | There was blood on his head and also on the windshield. | 他的头和挡风玻璃上都有血迹。 |
[06:51] | When the ESU arrived, | 当紧急救援到达后, |
[06:53] | they transported Mr. Macklin to the hospital. | 他们把Macklin先生送到了医院 |
[06:55] | Officer, when the defendant went to the hospital, | 警官,当被告送往医院后 |
[06:57] | what happened to his van? | 他的货车怎么处理的? |
[06:59] | It was taken to the police impound yard | 被拖到警方保管停车场 |
[07:01] | where a routine inventory search was done. | 在那里进行了常规清查 |
[07:03] | -Were you present for that search? -Yes. | -你参加了吗? -是的 |
[07:05] | Could you tell the jury what you found? | 你能告诉陪审团你们发现了什么吗? |
[07:07] | We found a black bag containing | 我们发现了一个黑色袋子里装着 后来确定是115克的海洛因 |
[07:09] | what we later determined to be 115 grams of heroin. | 我们发现了一个黑色袋子里装着 后来确定是115克的海洛因 |
[07:13] | We also recovered two large barrels, | 我们还发现了两个大桶 |
[07:16] | the first containing several gallons of phenylacetic acid, | 第一个里装着有几加仑的苯乙酸 |
[07:19] | the other with a similar quantity of methylene. | 另一个装着差不多数量的亚甲基 |
[07:23] | Officer, do you know what those chemicals are used for? | 警官,你知道这些化学品是用来做什么的吗? |
[07:26] | Yes, to make a drug called methamphetamine. | 是的,制造一种叫做脱氧麻黄碱的药物 |
[07:29] | You found those items | 你们在在货车的后车厢里 |
[07:31] | -in the rear compartment of the van. -That’s correct. | -发现这些东西的 -是的 |
[07:34] | There were no drugs found in the passenger compartment? | 乘客厢内没有发现毒品吗? |
[07:35] | We didn’t find any. | 什么也没有发现 |
[07:37] | And you also didn’t find any drugs on my client, did you? | 而且你也没有在我的当事人身上发现任何毒品,是吗? |
[07:40] | No. | 没有 |
[07:41] | What about fingerprints? | 指纹呢? |
[07:42] | Did you find any of my client’s fingerprints | 在你提到的黑袋子上发现了我当事人的指纹了吗? |
[07:44] | on the black bag you mentioned? | 在你提到的黑袋子上发现了我当事人的指纹了吗? |
[07:46] | No readable prints were recovered. | 在上面没有发现可识别的指纹 |
[07:48] | Thank you, officer. | 谢谢你,警官 |
[07:50] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 |
[07:52] | The witness may step down. | 证人可以退席了 |
[07:54] | We’ll break for lunch, resume at 2:00. | 我们午间休息,两点再次开庭 |
[07:58] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[08:01] | I still think we can resolve this. | 我还是认为我们能解决这个问题 |
[08:04] | Helen — Helen。。。 | |
[08:06] | It’s a lot of drugs, | 这么大量的毒品,比任何街头战士能携带的都多 |
[08:07] | more than any street-level soldier gets to carry. | 这么大量的毒品,比任何街头战士能携带的都多 |
[08:10] | Look, our next witness is going to testify that | 听着,我们下一个证人会作证看见你的当事人 |
[08:13] | he saw your client put the bag in the van. Why would you — | 把袋子放进货车,你为什么要。。。 |
[08:15] | We’re not interested in your deals. | 我们对你提的条件不感兴趣 |
[08:18] | He’s looking at 15 years. | 等着他的是被判15年 |
[08:19] | I am beginning to get angry now. | 我现在开始有点上火了 |
[08:27] | Commonwealth vs Scott Wallace, | 马萨诸塞州起诉Scott Wallace一级谋杀罪。。。 |
[08:29] | murder in the first degree — | 马萨诸塞州起诉Scott Wallace一级谋杀罪。。。 |
[08:31] | Bobby Donnell for the defendant, your honor. | 法官大人,Bobby Donnell为被告辩护 |
[08:33] | Waive reading, enter a plea of not guilty | 放弃宣读指控,以暂时性精神错乱申辩无罪 |
[08:35] | by reason of temporary insanity. | 放弃宣读指控,以暂时性精神错乱申辩无罪 |
[08:37] | Given my client’s mental infirmity, | 鉴于我的当事人的精神病症 |
[08:38] | we would be requesting bail so that — | 我们请求予以保释以便。。。 |
[08:40] | Denied. | 拒绝保释要求 |
[08:41] | We’d also be requesting an early trial date | 由于Wallace先生持续恶化的状态, |
[08:43] | since Mr. Wallace’s continued deterioration — | 我们请求尽早进行庭审。。。 |
[08:46] | Mr. Bay? | Bay先生,你的意见? |
[08:47] | I could be ready in two weeks, your honor. | 法官大人,我们两周内可以准备好 |
[08:49] | Trial date in two weeks, defendant stays in custody. | 两周内开庭,将被告继续收押 |
[08:52] | Your honor, the court should know | 法官大人,法庭应该知道 |
[08:54] | two lawyers from Mr. Donnell’s firm will be witnesses and — | 两名来自于Donnell先生的事务所的律师将作为证人 |
[08:57] | My client is prepared to waive the conflicts. | 我的当事人愿意忽略其中的利益冲突问题 |
[08:59] | Whoa, whoa, just a second. It’s not that simple. | 喔,等等,这没那么简单 |
[09:02] | Two of your lawyers will be witnesses? How so? | 你的两个律师将作为证人?怎么会呢? |
[09:05] | They were present at the shooting. | 他们当时在枪击现场 |
[09:08] | I want affidavits from the attorneys, | 我需要他们的宣誓书 |
[09:12] | and I’ll hear from you again on this | 在我同意前,我会再次听取你对此的陈述 |
[09:14] | before I agree. | 在我同意前,我会再次听取你对此的陈述 |
[09:15] | I have grave concerns, Mr. Donnell. | 我对此非常关注,Donnell先生 |
[09:18] | We’re in recess. | 休会 |
[09:21] | I will be in to see you this afternoon. | 我下午来看你 |
[09:24] | Again, do not talk to anybody — | 再说一遍,跟谁也不要说话。。。 |
[09:25] | no guards, no inmates. | 警察和犯人都不能说 |
[09:27] | Wait for me to get there. | 等我去找你 |
[09:38] | Temp insanity? | 暂时性精神错乱? |
[09:39] | Are you sure the victim didn’t commit suicide? | 你怎么不说受害者是自杀的呀? |
[09:42] | You know, Richard, for such a clever guy, | Richard,你知道吗,你那么机灵 |
[09:44] | you should be able to figure out | 应该能弄明白 |
[09:45] | why everybody hates you. | 为什么人人都恨你 |
[09:47] | I’ll carry that remark with me through the trial. | 这次庭审中我会一直记得你这句话的 |
[09:55] | Who is it that’s asking? | 是谁要见我? |
[09:57] | I’m not sure, ma’am — One of the prisoners. | 我不清楚,夫人。。。是一个囚犯 |
[09:59] | This is how stupid they’re getting. | 他们得多蠢才会去要求见检察官 |
[10:01] | They’re asking to see prosecutors. | 他们得多蠢才会去要求见检察官 |
[10:04] | Right through here. | 就从这儿进去 |
[10:06] | Ms. Gamble. | Gamble女士 |
[10:07] | Oh, Mr. Macklin, I can’t speak to you. | 噢,Macklin先生,我不能和你谈 |
[10:10] | You’re represented by counsel. | 你有代理律师 |
[10:12] | No, I’m not. | 不,我没有 |
[10:14] | Did you fire Mr. Reese? | 你把Reese先生解雇了 |
[10:15] | I can’t fire him, Ms. Gamble. He works for them. | 我不能解雇他,Gamble女士,他为他们工作 |
[10:18] | The people I work for, he works for. | 我和他都为他们工作 |
[10:21] | Hold on, I can’t — | 打住,我不能。。。 |
[10:22] | I want to plead. | 我要做认罪交易 |
[10:24] | Mr. Macklin, you have counsel — | Macklin先生,你有代理律师。。。 |
[10:26] | No, I don’t, | 我没有 |
[10:28] | and if you tell Mr. Reese | 而且你要是把我们这次谈话告诉了Reese先生 |
[10:30] | that we had this conversation, | 而且你要是把我们这次谈话告诉了Reese先生 |
[10:31] | I’ll be killed, | 我就死定了 |
[10:33] | my whole family will. | 我全家都死定了 |
[10:38] | I want to help you, but you have to help me. | 我想帮助你,但你也得帮帮我 |
[10:56] | The motion is about whether I can represent you. | 这个动议是有关我是否可以做你的代理律师 |
[10:59] | Technically, since lawyers at my firm | 从技术角度看,由于我的事务所的律师是关键证人 |
[11:01] | are material witnesses, that would prevent me | 如果没有一个忽略利益冲突申明, |
[11:04] | from being able to represent you without a waiver. | 我就无法代理你 |
[11:11] | I’m going to have Dr. Murphy examine you again, okay? | 我打算让Murphy医生再给你做一次检查,好吗? |
[11:15] | He’s the same doctor I had look at you before. | 他是我以前给你找过的医生 |
[11:21] | Scott, I need for you to talk to me here. | Scott,我需要你开口和我谈谈。 |
[11:24] | and I need for you to talk to Dr. Murphy. | 我也需要你和Murphy医生谈谈 |
[11:26] | What’s the point now, Bobby? | 现在还有什么意义,Bobby? |
[11:33] | Look, you may think everything’s over now, | 听着,你可能觉得现在一切都完了 |
[11:35] | and you know what? Maybe it is. | 但你确定吗?也许是这样的 |
[11:38] | But maybe it doesn’t have to be. | 但也许并不见得 |
[11:42] | Your whole life depends on this next month. | 你全部的人生都有赖于接下来这个月 |
[11:44] | Don’t lose 50 years because you feel like sulking. | 不要因为怄气而失去五十年的时光 |
[11:53] | Scott, I won’t pretend to know what you’re going through, | Scott,我不会假装不知道你都经历了什么 |
[11:56] | but I do know you need help | 但我知道你需要帮助 |
[12:00] | and you need to let me help you | 你需要让我还有医生来帮助你 |
[12:03] | and the doctors. | 你需要让我还有医生来帮助你 |
[12:06] | You’ve trusted me up to now. | 你到目前为止都相信我 |
[12:08] | You’ve got to keep trusting me. | 你必须要一直相信我 |
[12:12] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[12:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:27] | And he wants to talk to you. | 他想和您谈谈 |
[12:29] | First of all, | 首先, |
[12:31] | you shouldn’t have continued the conversation. | 你不应该和他继续进行那次交谈 |
[12:33] | I only did it because it seemed to be | 我那样做仅仅是因为看上去事关生死 |
[12:34] | a matter of life and death, | 我那样做仅仅是因为看上去事关生死 |
[12:36] | and if what he is saying is true, | 如果他说的是真话 |
[12:38] | then he doesn’t really have counsel, does he? | 那实际上他就没有律师,是吧? |
[12:44] | Where is he now? | 他现在在哪儿? |
[12:45] | In a cell. I could have him here in 30 seconds. | 在监室里,我半分钟内就能把他带过来 |
[12:48] | There has to be a defense attorney present. | 必须要有一个辩方律师在场 |
[12:51] | Why? | 为什么? |
[12:52] | Because there does. | 因为,就该这样 |
[13:05] | Mr. Young? | Young先生? |
[13:08] | Can you come? | 能来吗? |
[13:14] | Mr. Young, this is Kevin Macklin. | Young先生,这是Kevin Macklin |
[13:17] | I need you to just stand here while I figure this out. | 我需要你在我解决这个问题的时候就站在这里 |
[13:20] | Figure what out? | 解决啥问题? |
[13:22] | Just hold the wall up for a second, please. | 就在那站一会儿好了 |
[13:26] | All right, Mr. Macklin, | 行了,Macklin先生 |
[13:29] | what is it you wanted to see me about? | 你为什么事要见我? |
[13:31] | Like I told Ms. Gamble, I want to plead guilty. | 就像我跟Gamble女士说过的,我想认罪 |
[13:35] | Whoa, your honor, I’m out of here. | 哇,法官大人,我不该呆在这儿 |
[13:38] | Stay still, Mr. Young. | 就呆在那儿别动,Young先生 |
[13:43] | If you want to plead guilty, sir, that is your right, | 先生,如果你想认罪的话,那是你的权力 |
[13:46] | but you need to discuss that with your lawyer. | 但你需要和你的律师讨论一下 |
[13:49] | Mr. Reese doesn’t really represent me. | Reese先生并不能真正代表我 |
[13:52] | When I got arrested, the people I work for | 当我被逮捕后,我的老板 |
[13:55] | arranged for him to defend me. | 安排他为我辩护 |
[13:57] | His job is to make sure I don’t talk to the police, | 他的工作就是确保我不跟警察谈话 |
[14:00] | and if he found out we were having this conversation | 如果他发现我们在这里交谈了 |
[14:03] | right now, I’d be dead. | 我马上就会死的 |
[14:12] | Okay, Mr. Macklin, let’s see what happens. | 那好,Macklin先生,让我们来看看接下来怎么办 |
[14:15] | Mr. Young, as of now, | 至此,Young先生, |
[14:17] | I’m appointing you this defendant’s shadow counsel. | 我指派你作为被告的影子律师 |
[14:21] | Shadow what? | 影子什么? |
[14:23] | I am removing Mr. Reese with Mr. Macklin’s consent | 我在Macklin认可的前提下解除Reese先生的义务 |
[14:26] | and I am assigning you in his place. | 而指派你接替他 |
[14:29] | Well, you can’t do that. | 你不能那样做的 |
[14:31] | I can do it, and it’s done. | 我能,就这样了 |
[14:33] | In the next eight hours, | 接下来八个小时内 |
[14:35] | I expect you to conference this case | 我希望你和你的当事人、地区检察官 |
[14:37] | with your client, with the district attorney, | 还包括所有其他能让我别再劳神的人 |
[14:39] | and with anybody else who can make my life easier. | 来讨论处理这个案子 |
[14:42] | What about Reese? | Reese先生怎么办? |
[14:44] | Until I say so, | 直到我认为可以为止 |
[14:45] | nobody says anything to Mr. Reese. | 谁都不能告诉Reese先生任何事情 |
[14:48] | Are we clear? | 我们说清楚了? |
[14:49] | Your honor, I — | 法官大人,我。。。 |
[14:51] | I’ll adjourn the case until tomorrow. | 我会把休庭延续到明天 |
[14:53] | If there is no resolution by then, | 到那时如果没有结果的话, |
[14:55] | I intend to proceed with the trial. | 我将继续庭审 |
[14:57] | I have to work in this courthouse. | 我还要在这个法院工作 |
[14:59] | My reputation with the state, that’s one thing, | 我在州律师业的名声,另当别论 |
[15:01] | but these are my colleagues. | 但涉及到我的同僚 |
[15:03] | I can’t start representing their clients | 我不能背着他们去代理他们的客户 |
[15:05] | behind their backs. | 我不能背着他们去代理他们的客户 |
[15:06] | Under the circumstances, | 这种情形下 |
[15:08] | I don’t think we have much of a choice. | 我不觉得我们有很多选择 |
[15:10] | What are you going to tell Reese? | 你打算跟Reese说什么? |
[15:12] | That the judge suddenly isn’t feeling well | 就说法官突然间不舒服了 |
[15:14] | and the case is continued until tomorrow. | 这案子延续到明天再开始 |
[15:16] | That’s all he has to know. | 他知道这些就够了 |
[15:18] | You’re putting me into a position where I can’t — | 您让我处于一种我无法。。。 |
[15:21] | Talk to your client, Eugene. | 跟你的当事人谈谈吧,Eugene |
[15:22] | I want an update by the end of the day. | 我希望今天之内有些进展 |
[15:32] | She’s sick? | 她病了? |
[15:34] | Evidently. | 显然是的 |
[15:35] | We’re continued to tomorrow. | 我们明天继续 |
[15:36] | She’s probably in a hotel | 她也许正在酒店里 |
[15:38] | christening some new public defender. | 给一些新来的公设律师施洗礼呢 |
[15:40] | I wouldn’t doubt it. | 我信 |
[15:42] | Remember the time we zipped off to a motel | 还记得在Abrams那案子休庭期间 |
[15:44] | during the recess of the Abrams trial? | 咱们在汽车旅馆啪啪啪的那次吗? |
[15:46] | Okay, don’t remind me. | 好了,别跟我提那个 |
[15:48] | You came back without your underwear. | 你回来的时候忘了穿内裤 |
[15:49] | Please. | 拜托 |
[15:51] | Look, I have an insane idea. | 听着,我有个疯狂的想法。 |
[15:53] | After the trial’s over, | 这次庭审结束 |
[15:56] | loser takes the winner to the north end — | 输的那一个到北角区的Emilio餐厅请客吃晚饭。。。 |
[15:58] | dinner at Emilio’s. | 输的那一个到北角区的Emilio餐厅请客吃晚饭。。。 |
[15:59] | Mitchell, let’s just try to get through this thing | Mitchell,让我们先把这案子办完了 |
[16:02] | before we start making social plans, okay? | 再去琢磨如何交往吧,好吗? |
[16:04] | Sure. I better go. I want to see my client | 当然了,我该走了 |
[16:07] | before he goes back to county. | 赶在我当事人被送回县监狱前,我想见见他 |
[16:09] | Actually, I think he’s gone by now. | 其实他已经走了 |
[16:12] | You might have to wait some on that. | 看来你得等等了 |
[16:18] | Here’s a tip, Mr. Macklin — | Macklin,有个小提示。。。 |
[16:19] | don’t ever tell the prosecutor you’re guilty. | 永远不要跟检察官说你有罪 |
[16:22] | What am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么办? |
[16:24] | I’m not going to jail for these people, | 我可不打算为那些人去坐牢, |
[16:26] | not 15 years. | 更别说十五年了 |
[16:28] | Well, if you deal with the state, | 如果你和州检达成交易 |
[16:30] | you’re looking at witness protection. | 你会纳入证人保护计划 |
[16:32] | I know this. | 这个我知道 |
[16:33] | For you and your family. | 对于你和你的家庭 |
[16:35] | Basically, your life is over | 基本上,你现在的生活就结束了 |
[16:37] | and you get the privilege of starting a new one. | 你可以获得开始一个新生活的免责特权 |
[16:40] | So, what happens next? | 那么,接下来怎么办? |
[16:43] | I make the deal, | 我起草协议, |
[16:44] | but first you tell the D. A. who you work for, | 但首先你要告诉地区检察官你为谁工作 |
[16:48] | and she’s going to want details in writing. | 而且她会要求你提供书面的详细情况 |
[16:50] | Now, assuming it makes, you testify, | 现在假设是这样,你来作证 |
[16:53] | then you go into witness protection | 然后你会纳入证人保护计划 |
[16:55] | and join your family. | 包括你的家庭。 |
[17:00] | Are you sure you want to do this? | 你决定要这么做吗? |
[17:03] | As opposed to 15 years? | 不用做15年牢了? |
[17:06] | Yeah, I’m sure. | 对,我确定 |
[17:13] | Could you add a little more foam? | 你能再多加一点泡沫儿吗? |
[17:15] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:23] | Hi. Decaf no whip non-fat mocha, please. | 嗨,无脂低咖啡因摩卡,不加奶油,谢谢 |
[17:34] | Lindsay. Oops. | Lindsay,哎呦 |
[17:37] | Judge wouldn’t like this. | 法官可不喜欢这样 |
[17:40] | You have a restraining order against you — 1,000 feet. | 限制令要求你。。。1000英尺 |
[17:44] | It never enjoined me from getting coffee. | 但限制令绝不会禁止我喝咖啡的 |
[17:47] | How was I to know you’d be here? | 我怎么知道你会在这里? |
[17:50] | Well, now you know, so get out. | 好吧,你现在知道了,出去吧 |
[17:53] | Could you put a rush on that mocha, please? | 拜托,你能快点做好那杯摩卡吗? |
[17:56] | I’m trying to elude capture. | 免得我被逮捕 |
[17:58] | The puppy you sent — what a cute idea. | 你送的那条小狗。。。真是很酷的主意 |
[18:01] | What puppy? | 什么小狗? |
[18:03] | What puppy? | 什么小狗? |
[18:16] | The client has completely signed off. | 我的当事人已经签完字了 |
[18:18] | So he’s insane when it comes to shooting people, | 这样看来,他开枪的时候是疯的 |
[18:20] | but for capacity to waive conflicts, | 但为了签放弃利益冲突声明 |
[18:22] | he’s competent. | 他又不疯了 |
[18:23] | His mental state is another reason | 法官大人,他的精神状态 |
[18:24] | I need to be on this case, your honor. | 是我在这个案子里要提到的另一个理由 |
[18:26] | Scott Wallace is not very communicative at the moment. | Scott Wallace现在很难进行沟通 |
[18:29] | He needs somebody he can trust. | 他需要一个他能信任的人 |
[18:31] | But can he fully trust you? | 他能完全信任你吗? |
[18:33] | Mr. Berluti, it seems, | Berluti先生看来会成为控方的关键证人 |
[18:35] | will be a vital prosecutorial witness. | Berluti先生看来会成为控方的关键证人 |
[18:38] | I will represent Mr. Wallace zealously | 我现在作为一名法庭人员做出声明: |
[18:40] | with no regard for Mr. Berluti’s interests. | 我会一心一意地代理Wallace先生, 而不去顾及Berluti先生的利益。 |
[18:42] | I say that now as an officer of the court. | 我会一心一意地代理Wallace先生, 而不去顾忌Berluti先生的利益。 |
[18:45] | What about Ms. Frutt? | 那Frutt女士呢? |
[18:46] | I’m a little concerned that she’ll lean more | 我有点担心她会更多地倾向于为被告开脱 |
[18:48] | towards being an advocate. | 我有点担心她会更多地倾向于为被告开脱 |
[18:49] | The fact that Ms. Frutt is a member of my firm | Frutt女士属于我的事务所这一点 |
[18:52] | gives Mr. Bay a free shot. | 给了Bay先生一个以倾向性为理由对其进行质疑的机会 |
[18:53] | He can impeach with bias. | 给了Bay先生一个以倾向性为理由对其进行质疑的机会 |
[18:55] | Yes, and that doesn’t help your client, does it? | 这倒是,但这对你的当事人没有好处,对吧? |
[18:57] | There certainly are disadvantages here | 这自然是不会有益处的,而且还会有危险 |
[19:00] | as well as dangers, but the net result remains — | 但是最终权衡的结果仍然是。。。 |
[19:03] | Scott Wallace is best served with me as his attorney. | 对Scott Wallace最有利的是我来做他的律师 |
[19:07] | Mr. Bay? | Bay先生,你什么意见? |
[19:09] | If the client waives the conflicts, | 如果这个当事人愿意忽略利益冲突,我没有异议 |
[19:10] | I won’t oppose. | 如果这个当事人愿意忽略利益冲突,我没有异议 |
[19:12] | Mr. Wallace, are you waiving the conflicts? | Wallace先生,你决定忽略利益冲突吗? |
[19:18] | Uh, yes, your honor. | 呃,是的,法官大人 |
[19:20] | I strongly advise against it, sir, | 先生,我强烈建议你不要这样做 |
[19:24] | but I won’t stop you. | 但我并不打算阻止你 |
[19:26] | Thank you, your honor. | 谢谢你,法官大人 |
[19:27] | Witness lists by the end of the week. | 本周末完成证人备案 |
[19:29] | We’ll see you for trial in two weeks. | 两周内开始庭审 |
[19:32] | Bobby. | |
[19:34] | Not that you’d ever take my advice, | 并不是说你曾接受过我的建议 |
[19:36] | but I’d at least get a second chair from another firm. | 但要是我的话,至少从别的事务所找个人来做副手 |
[19:39] | You’re right, I’d never take your advice. | 你说的对,我从来就没接受过你的建议。 |
[19:43] | People insult me even when I’m nice. | 甚至在我好心好意的时候,别人也要骂我 |
[19:47] | We stipulate to withdrawing the guilty plea, | 我们在协议中约定撤销有罪抗辩 |
[19:50] | enter guilty to narcotic trafficking, | 按贩卖毒品入罪 |
[19:52] | Mr. Macklin goes into witness protection, | Macklin先生纳入证人保护计划 |
[19:54] | all of this is conditioned on a detailed statement. | 所有这些的前提是提供一个详尽的供述。 |
[19:58] | And you’re confident this man has the information | 你确信这个人所掌握的信息足以获得这么好的一个机会? |
[20:00] | to warrant such a break? | 你确信这个人所掌握的信息足以获得这么好的一个机会? |
[20:02] | He’s the chemist. | 他是个化学家 |
[20:04] | He’s got names, locations. He’s a gold mine. | 他知道很多姓名和地址,他就是个金矿 |
[20:07] | What if he turns out not to be a gold mine? | 如果发现他不是个金矿怎么办? |
[20:09] | Then I have the right to call the deal off. | 那我有权取消这个交易 |
[20:12] | Eugene? | Eugene,你的意见呢? |
[20:14] | A little quiet. | 怎么不说话 |
[20:16] | I think the whole thing stinks. | 我觉得这整件事都不对劲儿 |
[20:18] | Not to betray my new client, | 不是说要背弃我的新当事人 |
[20:20] | but he could be making everything up, | 但这一切可能都是他编造的 |
[20:23] | and on his word alone, | 就凭他一面之词 |
[20:25] | we’ve gone behind the back of defense counsel. | 我们就在辩护律师背后搞小动作 |
[20:26] | It smells lousy to me. | 我觉得这样做挺恶心的 |
[20:29] | Do I look like I’m having fun? | 你看我像是很舒服是吗? |
[20:31] | All right, let’s bring him in. | 算了,让他进来吧 |
[20:40] | Mitchell. | Mitchell |
[20:44] | Eugene, hey. | Eugene,你好 |
[20:48] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[20:51] | There’s no easy way to say this, counsel, | 律师,这事不知道怎么说好, |
[20:53] | so I’ll get right to the point. | 那我就直说吧 |
[20:56] | The trial is over. | 庭审结束了 |
[20:58] | What do you mean? You’re granting a mistrial? | 你什么意思?你要宣布审判无效吗? |
[21:01] | There’s no mistrial. | 不是 |
[21:02] | Your client, Mr. Macklin, has pled guilty. | 你的当事人Macklin先生,他认罪了 |
[21:06] | Guilty? That’s ridiculous. | 认罪?太荒谬了 |
[21:08] | How could he plead guilty without a lawyer? | 不通过他的律师,他怎么认罪的? |
[21:10] | He had a lawyer. | 他通过律师了 |
[21:11] | At Mr. Macklin’s request, | 在Macklin先生的要求下 |
[21:13] | I assigned Eugene Young to replace you. | 我安排了Eugene Young代替你 |
[21:16] | Excuse me? Where’s my client? | 什么?我的当事人在哪儿? |
[21:19] | What is this, some sort of a joke? | 这算什么,开玩笑吗? |
[21:21] | Get my client in here now. | 马上把我的当事人带过来 |
[21:23] | At his request, | 应他的要求, |
[21:24] | Mr. Macklin entered witness protection | Macklin先生一个小时前已经被纳入证人保护计划 |
[21:25] | an hour ago. | Macklin先生一个小时前已经被纳入证人保护计划 |
[21:27] | Witness protection? Helen? | 证人报计划?Helen? |
[21:30] | He claims you were hired to defend him | 他声称你是被贩毒集团雇佣为他辩护的 |
[21:31] | by the drug ring | 他声称你是被贩毒集团雇佣为他辩护的 |
[21:32] | and that you actually work for them. | 而且你实际上就是为他们工作的 |
[21:34] | And you believed him? | 你相信他? |
[21:35] | He also feared for his life. | 他也为自己的生命安全担心。 |
[21:38] | So, what, you just replaced me? | 那又怎么样,你就把我换掉了? |
[21:41] | Your honor, this afternoon | 法官大人,你今天下午 |
[21:43] | when you asked for a continuance, | 你要求延期的时候 |
[21:44] | that was a lie? | 是在骗人吗? |
[21:45] | At the time, I felt it was best to mislead you. | 那时,我觉得把你引入歧路是比较好的 |
[21:48] | What? | 什么? |
[21:50] | Helen, you’ve known me for 12 years. | Helen,我们相识12年了 |
[21:53] | I’ve prosecuted these cases. | 我在这类案子上当过控方律师 |
[21:54] | Didn’t you think I deserved to know about this, | 你不认为我应该知道这件事吗? |
[21:57] | at least have a chance to defend myself? | 至少有个机会为自己做辩护? |
[21:58] | How could we tell you? | 我们怎么会告诉你? |
[22:00] | If the client was right, it might get him killed. | 如果当事人说的是对的话,这就可能会让他丢了性命 |
[22:02] | Well, you made a mistake, both of you. | 行了,你犯下一个错误,你们俩都是 |
[22:06] | I’m going straight to the bar. | 我这就去律师协会举报你们。 |
[22:10] | Who hired you to represent Kevin Macklin? | 谁雇用你去代理Kevin Macklin的? |
[22:14] | Go to hell. | 去死吧你 |
[22:15] | I’ll ask you again. | 我再问你一次。 |
[22:17] | Who hired you to represent Kevin Macklin? | 谁雇用你去代理Kevin Macklin的? |
[22:19] | I’m not saying anything. | 我什么也不会说的 |
[22:21] | You don’t have a choice. | 你别无选择 |
[22:23] | Mitchell, this is a subpoena | Mitchell,这是一张责令你立刻在大陪审团作证的传票 |
[22:25] | commanding your immediate appearance | Mitchell,这是一张责令你立刻在大陪审团作证的传票 |
[22:27] | before a grand jury. | Mitchell,这是一张责令你立刻在大陪审团作证的传票 |
[22:29] | Mitchell, it’s up to you. | Mitchell,你来决定 |
[22:33] | You tell us now or you tell us then. | 现在告诉我们,或者告诉大陪审团 |
[22:35] | Attorney-client privilege. | 这属于律师客户保密特权 |
[22:37] | Your honor, the person who hired me is also a client. | 法官大人,雇用我的人也是我的客户 |
[22:40] | Who I represent is highly confidential. | 我所代表的人的身份是高度保密的 |
[22:42] | The identity of your client is outside the privilege. | 你客户的身份并不在特权范畴内 |
[22:45] | Not when you have elements of the crime | 但如果涉及犯罪问题的话就不是这样了 |
[22:47] | and revealing the identity could incriminate. | 因为身份暴露会导致其可能受到牵连 |
[22:49] | I am ordering you to answer, counsel. | 我命令你回答,律师 |
[22:53] | Well, I won’t. | 我不会回答的 |
[22:59] | (door slams) | |
[23:00] | (door slams) | |
[23:14] | -He made again. -One or two? | -他又尿了 -一次还是两次 |
[23:16] | You should get him house trained | 你们应该在带它来之前就让它接受训练 |
[23:17] | before you bring him in here, Lucy. | 你们应该在带它来之前就让它接受训练 |
[23:18] | He’s training here. | 它正在这儿训练呢 |
[23:22] | So he is a gold mine? | 那么他掌握很多信息吗? |
[23:23] | They’re making arrests now, | 正在按他提供的进行抓捕 |
[23:25] | but he couldn’t give them the top names. | 但是他提供不出最上层人的名字 |
[23:26] | Only Reese has them. | 只有Reese知道 |
[23:27] | And he won’t tell? | 他不打算说出来? |
[23:28] | He’s going before the grand jury today. | 他今天就要去大陪审团 |
[23:30] | Well, does it matter who went in first? | 好吧,谁先到有区别吗? |
[23:32] | 1,000 feet’s 1,000 feet. | 一千英尺就是一千英尺 |
[23:33] | Okay, thanks. | 好吧,谢谢 |
[23:36] | (sighs) | |
[23:37] | What’d he say? | 他说什么? |
[23:38] | They can’t arrest him. | 他们不能逮捕他 |
[23:40] | They’re going to pay him a visit | 他们会去找他 |
[23:42] | and try to scare him again. | 试图再吓唬他一次 |
[23:44] | Yeah, that seems to be effective. | 嗯,那似乎能有点用 |
[23:47] | Jimmy… Jimmy。。。 | |
[23:49] | can I talk to you? | 我能和你谈谈吗? |
[23:56] | I’m sorry I jumped all over you. | 我很抱歉我指责了你 |
[23:59] | The emotion of this case — | 我对这个案子的情绪。。。 |
[24:03] | I apologize. | 我向你道歉 |
[24:04] | Okay. | 我接受 |
[24:07] | Scott Wallace is a very good friend of mine, I think. | Scott Wallace是我非常好的朋友,我是这么认为的 |
[24:10] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[24:12] | Look, as his friend, | 你看,作为他的朋友 |
[24:14] | I think I’m in a pretty good position | 我认为我最能了解他是否精神崩溃了。。。 |
[24:16] | to know whether he’s cracking up or — | 我认为我最能了解他是否精神崩溃了。。。 |
[24:17] | I know everything that led up to this, | 导致这个结果的所有原因我都了解 |
[24:19] | and I also know you. | 而且我也了解你 |
[24:21] | Being in that room | 在那个房间里 |
[24:22] | as the shots were being fired… | 当枪击发生时。。。 |
[24:24] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么呀? |
[24:25] | I think it’s possible that you perceived things | 我觉得可能是你对发生的事有你自己的感觉 |
[24:28] | other than perhaps they were. | 但也许其实并不是那样 |
[24:30] | You were clearly shaken up. | 你显然是被吓了一跳 |
[24:32] | Bobby, first you try to tell me what the truth is, | Bobby,首先你试图告诉我事实是什么 |
[24:35] | now you’re trying to influence me — | 现在你是在试图影响我。。。 |
[24:37] | I’m just saying — | 我只是说。。。 |
[24:38] | No, this is witness tampering. | 不对,这是恫吓证人 |
[24:40] | It’s illegal. I’m going to leave now | 这是违法的,在你做出或说出什么 |
[24:43] | before you do or say anything | 致使我不得不去律师协议检举你的事之前 |
[24:46] | that makes me have to go to the bar. | 我还是走吧 |
[24:49] | And if you need a good reason | 如果你需要找一个为什么你不应该接手此案的好的理由 |
[24:50] | why you shouldn’t be doing this case, | 如果你需要找一个为什么你不应该接手此案的好的理由 |
[24:52] | consider what you just did. | 那就想想刚才你的所作所为吧 |
[25:01] | He’s upset about the dog. | 他对那只狗的事很不高兴 |
[25:03] | He said that? | 他说的吗? |
[25:05] | I don’t think he gave you the dog, | 我不觉得是他送给你的 |
[25:07] | and he’s angry that somebody else did. | 而且他对于有人给你送狗的事很生气 |
[25:09] | Who? | 是谁呢? |
[25:10] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[25:11] | Maybe the real killer. | 也许是真正的杀手 |
[25:13] | Oh, here we go again. | 噢,又说起这个了 |
[25:14] | William Hinks is the real killer. | William Hinks就是真正的杀手 |
[25:17] | He’s stalking me, Jeannie. | 他跟踪我,Jeannie |
[25:18] | The stalking also fits the pattern | 跟踪也符合他患有幻想症的行为模式 |
[25:20] | of his delusions, | 跟踪也符合他患有幻想症的行为模式 |
[25:21] | his wanting to be thought of as — | 他期望被别人当作。。。 |
[25:23] | I’m not going to get into this. | 我不想再谈这些了 |
[25:25] | Look, since you are treating him, | 你看,既然你在对他进行治疗, |
[25:26] | I would just like you to prevail upon him | 我只希望你能说服他 |
[25:28] | not to stalk me anymore. Can you do that? | 不要再跟踪我了,你能做到吗? |
[25:31] | I can’t promise I’ll be effective, | 我不能承诺我做得会有效 |
[25:33] | but I’ll certainly try. | 但我肯定会试一试 |
[25:34] | Thank you, and thank you so much | 谢谢,特别是要谢谢你 |
[25:36] | for bringing me into this to begin with. | 首先就想到要告诉我这些 |
[25:38] | His being upset over the dog。。。 | 他对狗的事感到不快。。。 |
[25:40] | doesn’t make sense to me, | 这一点对我来说没什么意义 |
[25:42] | not if he’s the one who gave it to you. | 但如果他真是那个给你送狗的人,就不同了 |
[25:48] | No, it’s like talking to a brick wall, you know? | 不,你知道吗,就像是对牛弹琴 |
[25:51] | I think she’s the one suffering from delusions. | 我觉得她才是患有妄想症呢 |
[25:53] | Michael McGuire just called. | Michael McGuire刚刚打过电话 |
[25:55] | They’re on their way to see him. | 他们正在去找他 |
[25:57] | Good. Now, can we talk about you | 很好,现在,我们能谈一下你和Wallace的案子吗? |
[26:00] | and the Wallace case? | 很好,现在,我们能谈一下你和Wallace的案子吗? |
[26:02] | 365 Federal. | 去Federal 350号 |
[26:05] | You know, Jeannie thinks because you feel responsible | Jeannie认为,因为你感到自己有义务使Scott重获自由 |
[26:09] | for putting Scott back out on the street, | Jeannie认为,因为你感到自己有义务使Scott重获自由 |
[26:11] | you could be obsessed with defending him here | 所以你痴迷于为他辩护 |
[26:13] | because you feel the need to defend yourself. | 可能也是出于你的自我保护意识 |
[26:16] | That is a pile of — | 真是一坨儿。。。 |
[26:17] | It makes sense. | 这也说得通呀 |
[26:19] | It’s ridiculous. | 扯淡 |
[26:20] | I’m not even going to discuss it. | 我甚至都懒得听 |
[26:23] | Uh, Bobby? | 喂,Bobby? |
[26:24] | (dial tone) | |
[26:25] | (sighs) Fine. | |
[26:39] | Aah! | 啊! |
[26:48] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[26:50] | Yes, I’m sure. | 是,我肯定 |
[26:51] | I saw him right in the rearview mirror. | 我就在后视镜里看到他的 |
[26:53] | He picked me up, I was in the cab, | 我上了他开的出租车 |
[26:55] | I looked in the mirror, and it was him. | 我从后视镜看到的,就是他 |
[26:58] | What are you waiting for, Mike? Get this guy. | 你还在等什么,Mike?逮捕他 |
[27:06] | You want me to do it? I’d be happy to. | 你想让我做吗?我很乐意。 |
[27:09] | I’m in it this far. | 我都做了这么多了 |
[27:11] | Helen, you used to go out with this guy. | Helen,你过去和这家伙约会过 |
[27:13] | You really want to be hauling him before the grand jury? | 你真打算在大陪审团面前传讯他吗? |
[27:16] | No, but you don’t know the case. I should — | 不,但并不了解这个案子,我应该。。。 |
[27:18] | So, you can bring me up to speed. | 那么,你可以给我通报一下 |
[27:23] | I’ll do it. | 还是我来吧 |
[27:27] | There was a time | 你曾在一段时间内 |
[27:29] | when you represented a client named Kevin Macklin. | 代理一位名叫Kevin Macklin的客户。 |
[27:31] | Until yesterday. | 是到昨天为止。 |
[27:32] | You subverted the judicial process | 你们破坏了司法程序 |
[27:34] | and conspired to replace me. | 通过阴谋替换掉我。 |
[27:35] | I only have one question, sir. | 我只有一个问题。先生 |
[27:38] | Who hired you to represent Kevin Macklin? | 是谁雇用你去代理Kevin Macklin的? |
[27:40] | I refuse to answer on the grounds | 我援引律师客户保密特权、 |
[27:43] | of attorney-client privilege | 我援引律师客户保密特权、 |
[27:44] | and under the protection afforded me | 并基于美国宪法以及马萨诸塞州权利宣言第12条 |
[27:46] | by the United States Constitution | 并基于美国宪法以及马萨诸塞州权利宣言第12条 |
[27:47] | and Article 12 | 给予我的保护条款, |
[27:49] | of the Massachusetts Declaration of Rights. | 拒绝回答这个问题 |
[27:51] | That’s another way of saying | 换个说法 |
[27:52] | you don’t want to incriminate yourself. | 你不想自证其罪 |
[27:54] | I refuse to answer on the grounds already stated. | 我基于刚才已经陈述的理由,拒绝回答问题 |
[27:57] | I’m sorry, Mr. Reese. It’s not that easy. | 对不起,Reese先生,这事没那么简单。 |
[27:59] | You’re not a target of this investigation. | 你并不是这次调查的对象 |
[28:01] | You’ve been given full transactional immunity | 针对任何因你的证词而被揭露出的罪行, |
[28:03] | for any crime that is revealed | 你已经被赋予完全的豁免权 |
[28:05] | by your testimony. | 你已经被赋予完全的豁免权 |
[28:06] | I can’t prosecute you for anything you say. | 我不能因你所说的任何事而对你进行指控 |
[28:09] | That means you have to answer the question. | 那意味着你必须要回答问题 |
[28:11] | My answer would violate the attorney-client privilege. | 我的回答将违反律师客户保密特权。 |
[28:15] | A judge has rejected that argument. | 法官已经驳回了这个理由 |
[28:18] | Who hired you to represent Kevin Macklin? | 是谁雇用你去代理Kevin Macklin的? |
[28:21] | Who approached you? Who paid you? | 谁和你接洽?谁支付你的报酬? |
[28:28] | Think about what you’re doing, Mitchell — | Mitchell,考虑一下你的所作所为。。。 |
[28:30] | Your reputation, | 你的声誉 |
[28:32] | your license to practice. | 你的律师执照 |
[28:35] | You are risking incarceration for contempt. | 你面临因藐视法庭而被拘押的风险 |
[28:38] | Contempt? You’re a hypocrite, Helen. | 藐视法庭?Helen,你真虚伪 |
[28:41] | Everything you’ve done here | 你在这里做的一切 |
[28:42] | has shown contempt for this system. | 已经藐视了这个体系 |
[28:45] | Please answer the question. | 请回答问题 |
[28:46] | I’m gone. | 我要走了 |
[28:47] | Bailiff, please stop Mr. Reese. | 法警,请拦住Reese先生 |
[28:49] | You’ve got to be kidding. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[28:52] | Mitchell Reese, you’re being held | Mitchell Reese,你因藐视大陪审团而被拘留 |
[28:54] | for contempt of the grand jury. | Mitchell Reese,你因藐视大陪审团而被拘留 |
[29:01] | You don’t know what you’re doing, Helen. | 你不知道你在干什么吧,Helen |
[29:07] | You have no idea what you’re doing. | 你完全不明白你在做什么 |
[29:19] | -Motion in what? -Limine. | -什么动议? -防止偏见动议 |
[29:22] | The prosecution is trying to suppress everything | 控方正试图禁止提及一切和你妻子的死有关的问题 |
[29:24] | about your wife’s death. | 控方正试图禁止提及一切和你妻子的死有关的问题 |
[29:26] | Well, that’s good for us, isn’t it? | 但那对我们是有利的,不是吗? |
[29:28] | No, Scott, that’s not good for us. | 不,Scott,那样对我们不利 |
[29:30] | We need to prove you were insane | 我们必须要证明你杀Harry Duvall时精神错乱了 |
[29:32] | when you killed Harry Duvall, what you went through. | 而你过往遭受的经历 |
[29:34] | It helps explain your state of mind. | 有助于解释你的精神状态 |
[29:36] | No, no. If the jury thinks that I killed Karen — | 不行, 不行,如果陪审团认为我杀了Karen。。。 |
[29:39] | They won’t. | 他们不会的。 |
[29:41] | You were acquitted. | 你已经被判无罪了 |
[29:42] | It doesn’t matter, Bobby. Don’t you get it? | 这不重要,Bobby,你还不明白吗? |
[29:44] | I lost my job, all of my friends. | 我丢了工作,朋友都没了 |
[29:47] | Nobody cares that I was acquitted. | 没人在乎我被判无罪 |
[29:49] | They still think I’m guilty. | 他们仍然认为我是有罪的 |
[29:50] | I need to prove your mental condition. | 我必须要证明你的精神状态 |
[29:52] | No, no, you’re making me look like a murderer. | 不行,不行,你在让我看着像个谋杀犯 |
[29:55] | Scott, this is our only chance. | Scott,这是我们唯一的机会 |
[29:57] | We can’t win this any other way. | 我们没有别的办法能赢 |
[30:02] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[30:06] | Dr. Murphy is prepared to support our theory | Murphy医生准备支持我们有关暂时性精神失常的说法 |
[30:09] | of temporary insanity, | Murphy医生准备支持我们有关暂时性精神失常的说法 |
[30:10] | but you did bring a gun to the meeting. Why? | 但你为什么要带一把枪去参加会谈? |
[30:16] | Did you go there to kill him, Scott? | Scott,你是打算去杀了他吗? |
[30:19] | No, no, I… | 不,不是,我。。。 |
[30:24] | I planned to kill myself in front of him. | 我本来是想当他们面自杀的 |
[30:28] | No. | 不 |
[30:31] | I figured my own blood on his hands… | 我想让他为我的死而负责。。。 |
[30:37] | and then suddenly… | 但突然间。。。 |
[30:41] | better his blood on mine. | 不如让他因我而死 |
[30:50] | And when you turned to Ellenor and Jimmy | 但当你转向Ellenor and Jimmy并说 |
[30:54] | and you said, | 但当你转向Ellenor和Jimmy并说 |
[30:56] | “Bet you’re glad I ran out of bullets”… | “你们一定因我没子弹了而感到庆幸” |
[31:00] | Would you have shot them, too, Scott? | Scott,你也会朝他们开枪吗? |
[31:06] | Maybe. | 没准儿 |
[31:31] | You used to be a prosecutor, Mitchell. | 你以前做过检察官,Mitchell |
[31:36] | I just can’t believe it. | 我就是不敢相信。 |
[31:39] | Then why am I sitting here? | 为什么我会呆在这里? |
[31:41] | Because his story’s checking out. | 因为他的说法正在得到证实 |
[31:44] | Look, completely off the record — | 听着,完全是私下来谈。。。 |
[31:48] | Oh, yes, let me trust you. | 噢,是呀,想让我信任你。 |
[31:49] | You can. | 你可以的 |
[31:51] | I think you know you still can. | 我认为你明白你是可以信任我的 |
[31:53] | The man’s life was in danger. | 那人有生命危险 |
[31:54] | I had to do what I did. | 我不得不那么做 |
[31:58] | Look, completely off the record — | 听着,完全是私下说。。。 |
[32:00] | not that they’re after you anyway — | 至少不是他们逼着你这样做的 |
[32:03] | but off the record… | 私下说。。。 |
[32:07] | why? | 你是为什么? |
[32:08] | Go away, Helen. | 一边儿去吧,Helen |
[32:10] | Mitchell, talk to me. | Mitchell,跟我说吧 |
[32:12] | You have no right to judge me. | 你无权来指责我 |
[32:14] | That’s not why I’m here. | 我来这儿不是要指责你 |
[32:16] | I am trying to understand why would you do this. | 我是想试着理解你为什么要做这些 |
[32:26] | At first it was just supposed to be some arraignments — | 一开始以为就是做些诸如传讯。。。 |
[32:30] | make your appearance, argue for bail. | 公关形象,争取个保释之类的工作 |
[32:34] | Over time… | 时间一长。。。 |
[32:38] | it’s a lot of money. | 很有油水。 |
[32:42] | I started taking trials — | 我开始接案子。。。 |
[32:45] | cash up front… | 不管输赢,酬金是预付的。。。 |
[32:48] | win or lose. | 不管输赢,酬金是预付的。。。 |
[32:51] | And you started throwing cases. | 所以你就故意输掉案子 |
[32:54] | Never. Never. | 没有,绝对没有 |
[32:57] | I always do the best I can for my client. | 我对我的当事人一直是尽心尽力的 |
[33:00] | Sometimes I even win. | 有时候我甚至还能打赢 |
[33:04] | There’s only one rule — nobody talks. | 只有一个规矩。。。 |
[33:07] | No matter what the state offers, | 不管州检提出什么条件,谁也不能认罪 |
[33:10] | nobody talks. | 谁也不能 |
[33:13] | But, Mitchell, | 但是,Mitchell |
[33:14] | sometimes that amounts to tanking cases. | 那也意味着也可以偶尔买个破绽 |
[33:20] | Just give us names. | 把名字告诉我们就行 |
[33:25] | I’m not going to reveal who my client is, Helen. | 我不会透露我的客户的身份,Helen |
[33:29] | Too ethical? | 太过于讲道义了吧? |
[33:31] | You can go. | 你走吧 |
[33:34] | I’m not talking. | 我不会说的 |
[33:37] | I was just trying to save the guy. | 我只是想救那个家伙 |
[33:42] | You really think you saved him? | 你真以为你救了他? |
[33:45] | Witness protection? It doesn’t matter. | 证人保护计划?那没用 |
[33:47] | These people will find him. | 那些人会找到他的 |
[33:50] | You haven’t saved anybody. | 你谁也没救成 |
[33:58] | Guard. | 警卫 |
[34:27] | Chopper? | Chopper呢? |
[34:31] | Chopper, where are you? | Chopper,你在哪儿? |
[34:36] | Chopper. | Chopper |
[34:38] | Come here, boy. | 过来,宝贝 |
[34:39] | (whistles) | |
[34:43] | Chopper. | Chopper |
[34:47] | Aah! | 啊! |
[34:51] | I’d like to dust the whole place. | 我想对这里彻底进行指纹提取 |
[34:53] | Why aren’t you picking him up? | 你为什么把他抓起来? |
[34:54] | Lindsay, we don’t even know for sure — | Lindsay,我们完全不能确定。。。 |
[34:55] | We know, Michael. We know who did this. | 你知道的,Michael,你明白是他干的 |
[34:57] | All right, Lindsay, hold on. | 好了, Lindsay,打住吧 |
[34:59] | You hold on. You don’t have a psycho after you. | 你才打住吧,你倒是没有个神经病跟着你 |
[35:00] | Why can’t you bring him in for questioning? | 为什么你不能把他抓起来盘问? |
[35:03] | We can do that. | 我们不能那样做 |
[35:05] | Then let’s. | 还是做吧 |
[35:07] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[35:12] | No. | 不。 |
[35:27] | I just came from court. | 我刚从法庭过来 |
[35:29] | I told the judge I had no good-faith basis | 我跟法官讲,将你以藐视法庭为由强行扣押 |
[35:33] | to believe holding you in contempt would result | 并籍此以为可以让你供出有关姓名的做法 |
[35:37] | in your revealing the names. | 有违公允原则基础 |
[35:40] | You’re free to go. | 你可以走了 |
[35:55] | Helen, I won’t begin to defend | Helen,我根本不该做辩解, |
[36:01] | working for the people I… | 我为那些人工作。。。 |
[36:04] | or doing… | 或者我做了些。。。 |
[36:08] | but this shadow counsel thing, | 但影子律师这事, |
[36:11] | going behind a defense attorney’s back, | 在辩护律师背后搞小动作 |
[36:14] | it’s equally unethical, | 这也是不道德的 |
[36:17] | maybe more so. | 也许更甚 |
[36:19] | No, it isn’t, Mitchell. | 不,不是的,Mitchell |
[36:21] | I’m sorry you can’t see that. | 我很遗憾你看不明白这一点 |
[36:37] | It’s prior bad acts. It’s inadmissible. | 过往的劣行,是不应被接受的 |
[36:39] | That’s a defense argument. | 这是辩护理由 |
[36:41] | It’s also totally irrelevant who else he may have killed. | 他杀过其他什么人,与本案完全没有关联 |
[36:43] | It goes directly to our insanity defense. | 这和我们按精神错乱的辩护理由直接相关 |
[36:45] | It is not irrelevant. | 不是没有关联的 |
[36:46] | It’s always a different angle. | 看问题角度总是不同 |
[36:48] | I’d like to be able to finish my argument. | 我想能够达成我的辩护论据 |
[36:50] | Bobby, how can you even stand here today | Bobby,你怎么能如此问心无愧地站在这里呢? |
[36:51] | in good conscience? | Bobby,你怎么能如此问心无愧地站在这里呢? |
[36:52] | Why don’t you turn around and face the Duvall family? | 你为什么不转过身取面对Duvall的家人? |
[36:54] | Because of your brilliant legal maneuvering, | 就因为你出色的法律技巧 |
[36:57] | Scott Wallace got to go back on the street. | Scott Wallace就得获得自由。 |
[36:59] | Because you were able to spin reasonable doubt, | 因为你能臆造出合理怀疑 |
[37:00] | an innocent man was shot down! | 一个无辜的人就被枪杀了! |
[37:02] | I object to that! | 我反对! |
[37:03] | Mr. Bay! | Bay先生! |
[37:04] | It has to be said. | 这一点必须要说。 |
[37:05] | You killed him, not me! | 是你杀了他,而不是我! |
[37:09] | You arrested the wrong man. | 你错抓了人 |
[37:11] | Counsel! | 律师! |
[37:12] | I want to respond to that. | 我要对此有所回应 |
[37:14] | You drove him crazy! | 你把他逼疯了! |
[37:17] | He lost his wife, you accused him. | 他失去了妻子,你却指控他 |
[37:19] | You took away his life, his sanity. | 你夺走了他的生活和理智。 |
[37:21] | Mr. Duvall is dead | 马萨诸塞州政府导致了Duvall先生的死亡! |
[37:24] | because of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts! | 马萨诸塞州政府导致了Duvall先生的死亡! |
[37:28] | The Commonwealth of Massachusetts! | 是马萨诸塞州政府! |
[37:31] | Don’t be blaming me. | 别怪到我头上。 |
[37:33] | You killed him. | 是你害死了他 |
[37:35] | Bobby. | |
[37:42] | They killed him. | 他们害死了他。 |
[37:46] | They did it. | 是他们干的。 |
[37:55] | I’m allowing evidence of the first crime | 我允许引入最初审判时的犯罪证据 |
[37:57] | to be introduced, | 我允许引入最初审判时的犯罪证据 |
[37:59] | however, Mr. Donnell, I advised you once | 然而,Donnell先生,我曾经建议过你 |
[38:03] | to get off this case because of the inherent conflicts. | 因内在的利益冲突而退出本案。 |
[38:06] | I reissue that advisement for emotional reasons as well. | 加之你的情绪问题,我再次提出这个建议。 |
[38:10] | You can do what you want to do, | 你可以做你想做的事 |
[38:13] | but I hope you know what you’re doing. | 但我希望你知道你在干什么 |
[38:16] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[38:18] | (bangs gavel) | |
[38:26] | Come on, Bobby. | 走吧,Bobby |
[38:29] | Let’s go. | 我们走。 |
[38:37] | Look, I’m happy to say | 听着,我很乐于承认 |
[38:39] | I’ve committed multiple homicides, | 我犯过多起谋杀案。 |
[38:41] | but I wouldn’t be caught dead | 但我不会出开出租车这种洋相的 |
[38:43] | driving a cab. | 但我不会出开出租车这种洋相的 |
[38:45] | It’s only under duress I would even hail one. | 只有被逼迫时,我才会去打车 |
[38:49] | They all smell | 它们闻起来都是那恶心的绿色清新剂的味道 |
[38:50] | of those hideous little evergreen tree fresheners. | 它们闻起来都是那恶心的绿色清新剂的味道 |
[38:52] | Where were you yesterday afternoon? | 你昨天下午在哪儿? |
[38:57] | Belmont, grove street park, walking my dog, | Belmont,grove街心公园,遛狗 |
[39:01] | looking to meet a new friend. | 想邂逅一个新朋友 |
[39:05] | Were you with anybody? | 有谁和你在一起吗? |
[39:07] | I go alone… | 我自己去的。。。 |
[39:11] | in case I do meet that friend. | 以免万一我遇到那个朋友 |
[39:24] | He’s lying. | 他在撒谎 |
[39:26] | He may be, but — | 也许是,但是。。。 |
[39:27] | I saw him, Michael. It was him. | Michaell,我看到他了,是他 |
[39:29] | I don’t care if it was a rearview mirror. | 我不管是不是在后视镜里看到的, |
[39:31] | It was him. I know it. | 那就是他,我确信。 |
[39:33] | I don’t know where he would get a taxicab. | 我搞不清楚他从哪儿弄到一辆出租车的 |
[39:36] | It was him. | 那就是他。 |
[39:37] | I’ll check with the cab companies, | 我去和出租车公司核查一下 |
[39:39] | see if any were reported missing. | 看是否有车辆丢失的报告 |
[39:41] | I’ll let you know. | 我会通知你的 |
[39:47] | So basically he doesn’t believe you. | 所以基本上他不相信你 |
[39:49] | He questions my I. D., yeah. | 是的,他对我的指认表示质疑 |
[39:50] | Well, we’re getting a guard — | 这样吧,我们找一个警卫。。。 |
[39:53] | one for here, another for our apartment. | 这里一个,我们的公寓安排一个。 |
[39:54] | Lucy, could you take care of that? | Lucy,你能办好这事吗? |
[39:56] | Done. | 没问题 |
[39:57] | So, what’s the meeting about? | 那么,这次会议的议题是? |
[40:02] | Well, the firm has some concerns. | 我们有些顾虑, |
[40:05] | We all think it would be best | 我们都认为最好是不要代理Scott Wallace了 |
[40:07] | not to represent Scott Wallace. | 我们都认为最好是不要代理Scott Wallace了 |
[40:10] | Forget it. | 休想。 |
[40:12] | Bobby, two people here are witnesses. | Bobby,这里有两个人要做证人 |
[40:14] | I covered that. The client waived the conflicts. | 我处理好了,当事人已经忽略了利益冲突 |
[40:16] | -It isn’t just that. -Then what is it, Eugene? | -不仅仅因为那个 -还有什么,Eugene? |
[40:19] | Why don’t you tell me? | 何不你来告诉我? |
[40:20] | I’ll tell you. You were losing it in court today, Bobby. | 我会告诉你的,你今天在法庭上失态了,Bobby。 |
[40:24] | You’re too close to this. You’re too emotional. | 你涉入此事太深了,你情绪太不对头了 |
[40:26] | I was emotional because my wife is being threatened | 我情绪不对头是因为我的太太正受到个神经病的威胁 |
[40:28] | by some psycho. | 我情绪不对头是因为我的太太正受到某神经病的威胁 |
[40:29] | -Well, whatever the reason — -I’m doing it. | -好吧,不管是什么原因。。。 -我就要做 |
[40:34] | It isn’t your decision. | 这由不得你 |
[40:36] | It should be subject to a partnership vote. | 这应该由合伙人投票决定 |
[40:39] | I’m sorry, Bobby, but I agree with them. | 对不起,Bobby,但我同意他们的意见。 |
[40:41] | Scott will be served better. | 这对Scott也更好些 |
[40:45] | Scott Wallace is in a psychological crisis | Eugene,你很清楚,Scott Wallace当前正处于心理危机关头 |
[40:47] | right now, Eugene. You know that. | Eugene,你很清楚,Scott Wallace当前正处于心理危机关头 |
[40:51] | He needs an attorney he has a trust with. | 他需要一个他信任的律师 |
[40:54] | I…I can better represent him than any other lawyer. | 我。。。我代理他要强于别的律师 |
[41:01] | We should vote, Bobby. | 我们应该投票表决,Bobby |
[41:02] | Fine. | 好吧。 |
[41:06] | All those in favor of me representing him. | 所有同意我代理他的请举手 |
[41:17] | All opposed. | 反对的请举手。 |
[41:24] | The ayes have it. | 赞成者占多数 |
[41:41] | Nice ambush, Lindsay. | 不错的伏击呀,Lindsay |
[41:46] | Can’t you see how emotional you’re getting? | 你不知道你有多情绪化吗? |
[41:48] | I was worried about you, for God’s sake. | 看在上帝份上,我很担心你 |
[41:53] | Do you feel responsible for the shooting? | 你对这次枪击感到内疚吗? |
[41:58] | Bobby. | |
[42:01] | Look, you believed his wife committed suicide. | 听着,你相信他太太是自杀的 |
[42:04] | I still do. | 我仍然这么看 |
[42:07] | In which case you couldn’t possibly foresee | 在这种情况下,你不可能预见到 |
[42:09] | that he would walk into a meeting with a gun. | 他会带着把枪来参加会谈。 |
[42:14] | I know. | 我明白 |
[42:19] | You can’t put this thing on yourself, Bobby. | 你不能把这件事归咎于你自己,Bobby |
[42:22] | I’m not doing that, Lindsay. | 我没有那样想,Lindsay |
[42:24] | It’s just… | 只不过。。。 |
[42:27] | I’m the only one who can help him here. | 我是这事上唯一能帮助他的 |
[42:31] | I can’t pull out on him now. | 我现在不能背弃他 |
[42:36] | You have to let me do it. | 你们必须要让我这么做 |
[42:57] | Helen? Helen? | |
[43:00] | What happened? | 发生什么事了? |
[43:01] | Down here. | 从这儿下去 |
[43:03] | It looks like a hit. | 像是一次袭击 |
[43:06] | What happened to witness protection? | 证人保护出什么问题了? |
[43:08] | What? | 你说什么? |
[43:10] | He was supposed to be in witness protection. | 他应该是纳入证人保护计划的 |
[43:12] | Nobody told me anything about that. | 没人跟我说这回事 |
[43:14] | Watch your step. | 小心脚下 |
[43:24] | They say he used to be a D. A. | 他们说过去是个地区检察官 |
[43:28] | Oh, my… | 噢,天呀 |
[43:35] | Helen, you okay? | Helen,你没事吧? |