时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | BOBBY: Previously on “The Practice”… | 前集回顾部分未作翻译 |
[00:02] | We find the defendant William Hinks not guilty. | |
[00:06] | Lindsay, the man did not kill anybody. | |
[00:09] | Jeannie, he did. | |
[00:10] | WILLIAM: Can I vote? | |
[00:16] | I can’t promise I’ll be effective, | |
[00:18] | but I’ll certainly try. | |
[00:20] | I am issuing a restraining order | |
[00:22] | requiring Mr. Hinks not to contact, follow, | |
[00:25] | or approach Ms. Dole and Ms. Hatcher | |
[00:27] | and to stay at least 1,000 feet from them, | |
[00:31] | their homes, and their offices. | |
[00:37] | BOBBY: You told the police | |
[00:38] | that Scott Wallace acted with premeditation? | |
[00:40] | -He did. -You’re his lawyer. | |
[00:42] | Not on this, I’m not. | |
[00:43] | Ellenor and I were witnesses. | |
[00:45] | And Ellenor correctly said he snapped. | |
[00:46] | I don’t agree. | |
[00:47] | Well, if you’re wrong, Jimmy, | |
[00:49] | your mistake could cost a man a life sentence. | |
[00:51] | We all think it would be best not to represent Scott Wallace. | |
[00:54] | -Forget it. -We should vote, Bobby. | |
[00:56] | All those in favor of me representing him… | |
[00:59] | all opposed… | |
[01:02] | The ayes have it. | |
[01:15] | You’re going up first. | 你第一个上去作证 |
[01:17] | You also might be batting cleanup. | 你也很可能会被痛扁一顿 |
[01:19] | Okay. | 没事 |
[01:20] | I’ll basically just be asking you what you saw. | 我主要就是问你看见了什么 |
[01:23] | Contrary to popular belief, | 跟一般的做法不同 |
[01:25] | I do not supply the answers of my witnesses. | 我不给我的证人准备说词 |
[01:27] | This is a little delicate, but… | 这有一点微妙,但是。。。 |
[01:31] | you do realize the lawyer who will cross-examine you | 你要充分认识到,对你进行交叉盘问的律师 |
[01:34] | will try to leave you in the shape of a pretzel. | 会对你无所不用其极 |
[01:36] | How long do you figure to keep me up there? | 你估计要让我在那儿呆多久? |
[01:38] | It should be pretty short. | 应该很短 |
[01:42] | I’m assuming you have no conflict, | 我会假设你不存在利益冲突 |
[01:44] | and you’ll continue to give a truthful account. | 而你接下去给出的是真实的陈述 |
[01:46] | Of course I have a conflict. | 我当然存在利益冲突的 |
[01:48] | My boss is opposing counsel. | 我老板就是对方的律师 |
[01:50] | I’ll be testifying against a former client. | 我要作出对前任客户不利的证词 |
[01:52] | In my life, I’ll probably never know | 在我职业生涯里, |
[01:55] | a bigger professional conflict. | 从不知道有比这还严重的利益冲突 |
[01:56] | But you’re prepared to tell the truth. | 但你还是打算要说出真相 |
[01:58] | That’s why I’m here. | 我就是为这来的 |
[01:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:01] | Once again, you might know Bobby Donnell, | 再说一遍,你应该了解Bobby Donnell |
[02:04] | you might be friends with him, | 你可能还是他的朋友 |
[02:05] | but being cross-examined by him | 但被他交叉盘问则是完全不同的体验, |
[02:07] | is a different experience, one you might not be — | 你也许不应该。。。 |
[02:09] | Richard, I can handle Bobby. | Richard,我能应付得了Bobby |
[02:22] | Bobby. | |
[02:23] | Forget it. | 算了吧 |
[02:24] | It’s too late now, anyway. We start tomorrow. | 已经太晚了,无论如何,我们明天就要开始了 |
[02:27] | Let me do it, then. | 那就让我来吧 |
[02:29] | Eugene, the only reason the judge signed off | Eugene,法官之所以同意忽略利益冲突的唯一原因 |
[02:30] | on the conflict is because of the unique trust | Eugene,法官之所以同意忽略利益冲突的唯一原因 |
[02:32] | that Scott shares with me. | 就是Scott仅仅信任我 |
[02:34] | This firm. | 他信任的是这个事务所 |
[02:35] | No, me. | 不对,是我 |
[02:37] | This could splinter us. Jimmy, Ellenor — | 这样会给我们造成分裂,Jimmy, Ellenor。。。 |
[02:40] | We’ve been through it. | 我们已经经历过了 |
[02:42] | Well, for Scott Wallace’s sake, then. | 好吧,那看在Scott Wallace的份上, |
[02:43] | You’ve been erratic. | 你情绪已经很不稳定了 |
[02:45] | I’m your friend, Bobby. I’m your partner. | 我是你的朋友,Bobby,你的伙伴儿 |
[02:47] | Trust me when I tell you | 当我说你的情绪状况不适合来办这个案子的时候 |
[02:49] | you’re in no emotional shape to be trying this case. | 你要相信我 |
[02:52] | I am trying this case. | 我正在办这个案子 |
[02:56] | End of discussion, Eugene. | 谈话到此为止,Eugene |
[03:50] | The decision to even allow Bobby Donnell | 这个居然允许Bobby Donnell在本案中代理Scott Wallace的裁决 |
[03:52] | to represent Scott Wallace in this case | 这个居然允许Bobby Donnell在本案中代理Scott Wallace的裁决 |
[03:55] | has drawn considerable fire | 已经引起了来自于法官、检察官 以及辩护律师各方的强烈抨击 |
[03:56] | from judges, prosecutors, and defense lawyers alike. | 已经引起了来自于法官、检察官 以及辩护律师各方的强烈抨击 |
[03:59] | There is insanity here. It comes from Mr. Donnell | 这儿是有神经病,那都是源自Donnell先生和Michaelson法官 |
[04:03] | and Judge Michaelson. | 这儿是有神经病,那都是源自Donnell先生和Michaelson法官 |
[04:04] | The idea that a lawyer acts as defense counsel | 让一个在其事务所里有另两个律师要作为主要证人 |
[04:07] | where two lawyers from his own firm | 的律师来做辩护律师? |
[04:09] | are primary witnesses? It’s ludicrous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[04:12] | Did Bec call? | Bec打电话了吗? |
[04:16] | Yeah. | 打了 |
[04:17] | She just left the clerk. You’re on time. | 她刚离开书记员那儿,你来的正是时候 |
[04:21] | (door opens) | |
[04:23] | All set? | 一切就绪了? |
[04:27] | What, we shouldn’t go over together | 怎么了,因为我们在对立面, |
[04:30] | ’cause we’re on opposite sides? | 我们就不能一起去了吗? |
[04:31] | Jimmy, you’ve got to promise no hard feelings. | Jimmy,你得保证不要产生敌意 |
[04:34] | How many times are you going to say that? | 你跟我说过多少次了呀? |
[04:36] | Well, I will have to go after you. | 好吧,我将不得不对你步步紧逼 |
[04:38] | I understand that, Bobby. | 我明白,Bobby |
[04:40] | And I’ll get you. | 我会抓你的漏洞 |
[04:41] | I’ll embarrass you. | 我会让你难堪的 |
[04:43] | Do you understand that? | 这你明白吗? |
[04:45] | What’s this, one of your intimidation tricks? | 这算什么,你的恐吓伎俩之一吗? |
[04:47] | I’m not trying to intimidate. | 我不是要恐吓你 |
[04:48] | I just don’t want this trial | 我只是不希望这次庭审破坏我们的友谊 |
[04:50] | to jeopardize our friendship. | 我只是不希望这次庭审破坏我们的友谊 |
[04:52] | Bobby, if you gave a rat’s ass about our friendship, | Bobby,如果你在乎我们的友谊, |
[04:54] | you wouldn’t be on this case. | 你就不会管这个案子的 |
[04:56] | All right. | 算了算了 |
[04:57] | No, let’s all be honest. | 不,让我们都实话实说 |
[04:59] | My involvement here is mandatory, | 我牵涉进来是被迫的 |
[05:01] | just like Ellenor’s. We’re material witnesses. | 正如Ellenor一样,我们是重要证人 |
[05:04] | The only one with a choice is you. | 唯一可以有选择的就是你 |
[05:06] | I didn’t choose. | 我别无选择 |
[05:07] | Scott Wallace isn’t in a psychological place… | Scott Wallace不是在心理上。。。 |
[05:09] | Can’t trust anybody but you, yeah, yeah. | 除了你就谁也不信,是啊,是啊, |
[05:11] | Look at you guys. | 瞧瞧你们这些人 |
[05:12] | You’re already at each other’s throats. | 你们已经是斗得你死我活了 |
[05:13] | I’m not at anybody’s throat. | 我不是那个意思 |
[05:14] | I’m just saying, Jimmy, | Jimmy,我要说的就是 |
[05:16] | what I do in that room is purely professional, | 我在法庭上所要做的完全是专业化的 |
[05:18] | so please don’t take it personally. | 所以请不要把那当成是个人恩怨 |
[05:20] | (telephone rings) | |
[05:21] | Donnell, Young, and Dole. | Donnell, Young, 和 Dole律师事务所 |
[05:24] | When? | 什么时候? |
[05:26] | Well, is she okay? | 好的,她怎么样? |
[05:30] | Yeah, I’ll — I’ll let her know. | 好,我会。。。我会告诉她 |
[05:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[05:35] | Jeannie Reynolds had a heart attack. | Jeannie Reynolds心脏病发作 |
[05:38] | What? | 什么? |
[05:40] | She’s in the E.R. at Mass. General. | 她在马萨诸塞州总医院的急诊室 |
[05:46] | I’ll go with her. | 我和她一起去 |
[05:51] | Dr. Hoffman to Medical Records. | Hoffman医生请到档案室 |
[05:52] | Dr. Hoffman to Medical Records. | Hoffman医生请到档案室 |
[05:55] | Lindsay. | |
[05:56] | Is she okay? | 她情况怎么样? |
[05:58] | They don’t know yet. | 还不清楚 |
[06:00] | Lucy Hatcher, this is Jeannie’s mother Marianne. | 这是Lucy Hatcher,这是Jeannie的母亲 |
[06:03] | She was supposed to drive me to the airport this morning, | 她本应今早开车送我去机场 |
[06:07] | and she didn’t show. | 但她没来 |
[06:08] | I couldn’t get her by phone, | 我打电话也找不到她 |
[06:09] | so I went over to her apartment. | 所以我赶到她的公寓 |
[06:11] | She was just lying on the bed, and she wasn’t breathing. | 她就是躺在床上,呼吸停止了 |
[06:15] | Did they get a pulse? | 脉搏有吗? |
[06:17] | The paramedics — I think they got something. | 医护人员。。。我觉得他们能发现些什么 |
[06:20] | Yeah. I don’t even know how long she was lying there. | 我连她躺在那里多久了都不知道 |
[06:23] | Had she had any heart problems? | 她有心脏病吗? |
[06:25] | No. She’s in her 30s, for God’s sake. | 没有,她才三十多岁,看在上帝的份上 |
[06:28] | What 30-year-old has a heart attack? | 三十多岁会有什么心脏病呀? |
[06:41] | We were trying one last time to negotiate a settlement. | 我们正在最后一次试图谈判找出一个解决方案 |
[06:45] | Mr. Duvall was also a friend of Scott Wallace, | Duvall先生也是Scott Wallace的朋友 |
[06:48] | so we figured it was worth a try. | 所以我们觉得值得一试 |
[06:52] | Can you describe what transpired | Berluti先生,你能描述一下会谈中发生了什么吗? |
[06:53] | at the meeting, Mr. Berluti? | Berluti先生,你能描述一下会谈中发生了什么吗? |
[06:55] | Well, Mr. Duvall told Scott he would not rehire him, | Duvall先生告诉Scott不会再雇用他了 |
[06:58] | and Scott began to get upset. | Scott变得十分生气 |
[07:01] | He felt particularly betrayed by Mr. Duvall | 因为他们是朋友,他特别觉得受到了背叛 |
[07:04] | since they were friends. | 因为他们是朋友,他特别觉得受到了背叛 |
[07:06] | Scott — he claimed his life was ruined, | Scott。。。他称自己的生活被毁掉了 |
[07:08] | and that Mr. Duvall was the first to abandon him. | 而Duvall先生是第一个抛弃他的人 |
[07:12] | Then, suddenly, | 然后,突然间 |
[07:13] | he’s pulled a gun, and he looks for a second | 他掏出了一把枪,他那一会儿看起来像是打算自杀 |
[07:15] | like he’s going to kill himself. | 他掏出了一把枪,他那一会儿看起来像是打算自杀 |
[07:17] | He even pointed the gun at himself. | 他甚至拿枪对准了自己 |
[07:19] | And then what happened? | 然后发生了什么? |
[07:21] | Well, Mr. Duvall started to try | Duvall先生开始尽力劝说他放弃自杀 |
[07:23] | to talk him out of it. | Duvall先生开始尽力劝说他放弃自杀 |
[07:25] | He said suicide wasn’t the answer. | 他说自杀并不能解决问题 |
[07:27] | And Scott, he said something like… | 而Scott,他说了些类似。。。 |
[07:29] | “You’re right,” and he turned the gun, | “你是对的”这样的话,并调转枪口 |
[07:31] | and he pointed it right at Mr. Duvall. | 直指向Duvall先生 |
[07:34] | Could you describe | 你能描述一下 |
[07:36] | Mr. Wallace’s demeanor at this point? | Wallace先生在这一刻的举止吗? |
[07:38] | Well, he was angry. | 他很生气 |
[07:40] | That was the thing. | 就是那样 |
[07:42] | He wasn’t, like, in despair. | 他并不像是处于绝望中 |
[07:44] | Objection — foundation. | 反对。。。缺乏依据 |
[07:45] | Overruled. | 反对被驳回 |
[07:46] | Go ahead, sir. | 继续吧,先生 |
[07:48] | He also — he wasn’t talking crazy. | 他还。。。他说的话并不是疯话 |
[07:50] | He was actually giving these clever little answers. | 他实际上的回答还有些油腔滑调 |
[07:53] | What do you mean? | 你的意思是? |
[07:55] | Well, when he had the gun on himself, | 这么说吧,他拿枪对着自己 |
[07:57] | Mr. Duvall said — | Duvall先生说。。。 |
[07:58] | Hearsay. | 反对,传闻证据 |
[07:59] | Overruled. | 反对被驳回 |
[08:00] | He said, “Suicide’s not the answer,” | 他说“自杀并不解决问题” |
[08:02] | and Scott, he said, | 而Scott说 |
[08:05] | “How would you know, Harry? | “你怎么知道的,Harry?” |
[08:07] | “The last time you killed yourself, | “你上一次自杀,没起作用吗?” |
[08:09] | it didn’t work out?” | “你上一次自杀,没起作用吗?” |
[08:10] | and then after he shot him, | 在枪杀了他之后, |
[08:13] | he turned to Ellenor Frutt and me all calm, | 他完全淡定地转向我和Ellenor Frutt |
[08:16] | and he said, “Bet you’re glad I ran out of bullets, huh?” | 他说,“我打赌你们很高兴我没子弹了,是吧?” |
[08:20] | From your observation, | 以你的观察 |
[08:22] | was this man acting in conscious control — | 这个人的行为是处于有意识的控制下的吗。。。 |
[08:25] | Objection. Foundation. | 反对,缺乏依据 |
[08:26] | I’m asking the lay opinion | 我在询问现场目击者的非专业观点 |
[08:28] | of somebody who was in the room. | 我在询问现场目击者的非专业观点 |
[08:30] | I’ll allow it. | 我允许提问 |
[08:31] | When he fired that gun | 当他开枪射杀Harry Duvall时 |
[08:34] | and killed Harry Duvall, | 当他开枪射杀Harry Duvall时 |
[08:36] | did he appear to be in control of himself? | 他好像是处于自我控制状态下的吗? |
[08:38] | In my lay opinion, | 以我非专业的观点看 |
[08:40] | this was not a man who snapped. | 这不是一个精神突然崩溃的人 |
[08:43] | I think he only pointed the gun at himself | 我认为他用枪指着自己只是为了制造他失控的假象 |
[08:45] | to make it seem like he was out of control. | 我认为他用枪指着自己只是为了制造他失控的假象 |
[08:48] | But when he shot Harry Duvall, | 但当他向Harry Duvall开枪的时候 |
[08:51] | to me, it looked like an ice cold execution. | 在我看来就像是一次冷酷的处决 |
[09:14] | Ms. Reynolds? | Reynolds女士? |
[09:15] | I’m sorry. The coronary was just too massive. | 很抱歉,冠状动脉血栓太大了 |
[09:19] | Oh, God. | 噢,天啊 |
[09:20] | Please, God, no. | 天啊,不 |
[09:24] | She died of — you’re sure it was a coronary? | 她死于。。。你确信是冠状动脉血栓? |
[09:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:47] | You don’t have any psychiatric training, | 你没有受过任何精神病学方面的培训 |
[09:49] | do you, Jimmy? | 是吗,Jimmy? |
[09:50] | No, I do not. I said it was in my lay opinion. | 没有,我没有,我说的是我的非专业观点 |
[09:54] | What was going through your head | 当Wallace一开始掏出枪的时候, |
[09:56] | when Mr. Wallace first pulled out that gun? | 你脑海里闪现出的是什么? |
[09:58] | At first when he put the gun to his head, | 起初当他把枪顶在他自己头上的时候, |
[10:00] | I thought he was going to kill himself. | 我认为他打算自杀 |
[10:02] | Did you try to stop him? | 你试图去阻止他了吗? |
[10:03] | Did I try to stop him? | 我试图去阻止他了吗? |
[10:05] | Yes. Did you do anything? | 对,你做了什么吗? |
[10:07] | No. I think I kind of froze. | 没有,我想我有点呆住了 |
[10:09] | You froze. | 你呆住了 |
[10:10] | Did you say anything? | 你说什么了吗? |
[10:12] | I don’t really remember if I said anything or not. | 我真的记不起来我是否说了什么 |
[10:15] | You don’t really remember. | 你真的记不起来了 |
[10:17] | You remember things Mr. Wallace said, | 你记住了Wallace先生说的话 |
[10:19] | but you don’t remember what you said. | 但你却记不起来你说了什么 |
[10:20] | I don’t remember saying anything. | 我不记得我说了什么 |
[10:22] | Does that mean you didn’t say anything, | 那是指,你什么也没说 |
[10:23] | or if you did, you just don’t remember? | 还是指,你说了但只是你记不得了? |
[10:25] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么也没说 |
[10:27] | Why not? Your own client | 为什么没有说? |
[10:29] | was apparently about to take his life. | 你的当事人显然是要自杀了 |
[10:31] | You didn’t even try to dissuade him? | 你甚至都没有试图去劝阻他? |
[10:33] | I think I was a little in — | 我想我那时候有点。。。 |
[10:35] | I was surprised. | 我有些吃惊 |
[10:37] | You were about to say you were in shock, | 你是要说你处于极度震惊状态中 |
[10:39] | weren’t you? | 不是吗? |
[10:40] | I wasn’t in shock. | 我并不是处于极度震惊中 |
[10:41] | I was caught by surprise. | 我就是有些吃惊 |
[10:43] | Why didn’t you do anything, Jimmy? | 你为什么没有做些什么,Jimmy? |
[10:45] | You could have said something. | 你可以说点什么的 |
[10:46] | You could have tried to restrain Mr. Wallace. | 你本可以阻止Wallace先生的 |
[10:49] | You could have left the room. Instead, you did nothing. | 你本可以离开那间房子,反而,你什么也没做 |
[10:52] | The man had a gun. I wasn’t going to rush him. | 那人拿着枪,我不想刺激他 |
[10:54] | Why, were you in fear for your own life? | 为什么,你担心自己的生命吗? |
[10:56] | A little, sure. | 的确有点担心 |
[10:57] | So you were in fear when all this happened? | 那么在这一切发生过程中,你是处于恐惧状态中的? |
[10:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:00] | Ever been shot yourself, Jimmy? | 你曾经中过枪吗,Jimmy? |
[11:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:06] | Objection. Relevance? | 反对,有关联性吗? |
[11:08] | I’m attempting to show this witness was in shock. | 我我试图证明这个证人处于极度震惊状态中 |
[11:10] | He had previously been a shooting victim himself. | 他自己先前也是一名枪击的受害者 |
[11:11] | When he saw the gun — | 当他看到枪的时候。。。 |
[11:13] | Now he’s testifying. | 但现在他是在作证 |
[11:15] | That objection is sustained. | 这个反对是有效的 |
[11:16] | The first one is overruled. | 前一个反对被驳回 |
[11:18] | Where were you shot, Jimmy? | 你哪里中枪了,Jimmy? |
[11:19] | My midsection. | 我的腰部 |
[11:21] | You almost died, didn’t you? | 你差点死了,不是吗? |
[11:23] | That had nothing to do– | 和那没有关系。。。 |
[11:23] | You almost died. | 你几乎死了 |
[11:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:27] | In fact, you still have nightmares | 实际上,你还在做有关被枪击的噩梦,不是吗? |
[11:29] | over being shot, don’t you? | 实际上,你还在做有关被枪击的噩梦,不是吗? |
[11:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:32] | -Ever sought therapy for that? -No. | -可曾因此寻求过治疗? -没有 |
[11:34] | Ever talk about your nightmares | 可曾就这些噩梦和你的家人或者亲近的朋友聊过? |
[11:36] | with family or close friends? | 可曾就这些噩梦和你的家人或者亲近的朋友聊过? |
[11:37] | No. | 没有 |
[11:39] | You get shot. You almost die. | 你遭到枪击,你差点就死了 |
[11:40] | You have reoccurring dreams. | 你一再因此做噩梦 |
[11:42] | You don’t talk about it with anybody? | 而你没有和别人谈过此事? |
[11:43] | -No. -Why not? | -没有 -为什么不? |
[11:45] | There’s no need to. | 没必要 |
[11:46] | It’s something I can deal with myself. | 这些事我自己应付得了 |
[11:48] | It’s something you can deal with yourself. | 这些事你自己能应付 |
[11:50] | And if somebody were to pull out a gun | 但如果某人今天在你面前拔出枪来 |
[11:52] | in front of you today, | 但如果某人今天在你面前拔出枪来 |
[11:53] | you don’t think your powers of observation | 你难道不认为你的观察力 |
[11:55] | would be at all compromised | 会被你过往的个人经历所削弱吗? |
[11:56] | by your own personal history? | 会被你过往的个人经历所削弱吗? |
[11:58] | No, I do not. | 不,我不会的 |
[12:00] | When somebody goes to kill themselves or somebody else, | 当某人要自杀或者去杀别人的时候 |
[12:02] | it’s your normal clear-headed reaction | 你正常理智的反应就是什么也不说什么也不做吗? |
[12:04] | to neither do anything nor say anything? | 你正常理智的反应就是什么也不说什么也不做吗? |
[12:06] | It’s how I reacted in this situation, yes. | 是的,这种情形下,我就是这样的反应 |
[12:10] | And tell me, Jimmy, since all this happened, | 告诉我,Jimmy,自从这些发生之后, |
[12:11] | do you have nightmares thinking maybe | 你是不是做过一些噩梦, |
[12:13] | if you had done something or said something, | 梦到如果你说了或者做了些什么的话 |
[12:16] | Harry Duvall might still be alive? | Harry Duvall也许还活着? |
[12:18] | Have you been haunted at all by that, Jimmy? | Jimmy,你有没有被这件事困扰过? |
[12:21] | No. | 没有 |
[12:22] | Gee, to let another man be killed — | 唉呀,任由另一个人被杀。。。 |
[12:24] | Objection. | 反对 |
[12:25] | You were in shock, weren’t you, Jimmy? | 你是处于极度震惊之中,不是吗,Jimmy? |
[12:27] | No, I was not. | 不,我没有 |
[12:29] | No? And it really doesn’t bother you | 没有,而且对于你的无动于衷你一点不安也没有? |
[12:31] | that you didn’t do anything? | 没有,而且对于你的无动于衷你一点不安也没有? |
[12:33] | Objection. | 反对 |
[12:34] | Withdrawn. | 我撤回这句 |
[12:40] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 |
[12:59] | It was not a heart attack. | 那不是心脏病发作 |
[13:01] | Lindsay… | |
[13:02] | I don’t care what the doctor said. | 我不在乎医生说了什么 |
[13:04] | A woman in her 30s doesn’t just suddenly turn up dead. | 一个30多岁的女人不会就这么突然死了 |
[13:06] | It was William Hinks. I know it. | 是William Hinks干的,我清楚这一点 |
[13:07] | What, he scared her into having a coronary? | 什么,他把她吓出了冠状动脉血栓? |
[13:09] | Did you check for toxins? If she was poisoned — | 你做过毒素检测吗?如果她被下毒了。。。 |
[13:11] | -Lindsay– -At least order an autopsy. -Lindsay。。。 | -至少要进行尸检 |
[13:12] | The mother is resisting that. | 她母亲拒绝进行尸检 |
[13:14] | Without some evidence of foul play — | 没有被谋杀的迹象。。。 |
[13:15] | Michael, she was treating a serial killer. | Michael,她正在给一个连环杀手进行治疗 |
[13:17] | This wouldn’t fit his pattern. | 但这不吻合他的犯罪模式 |
[13:19] | I know, but don’t you think it’s a bit of a coincidence? | 我知道,但是你不觉得这里有点巧合吗? |
[13:21] | Lindsay — | |
[13:22] | I know he did it. He killed her. | 我知道是她做的,他杀了她。 |
[13:25] | I’ll tell you what. We’ll dust her apartment, | 那这样吧,我们会在公寓提取指纹, |
[13:28] | search it as if it were a crime scene. | 当成犯罪现场一样进行搜查。 |
[13:31] | What about the autopsy? | 那尸检呢? |
[13:32] | You’ll have to get the family to agree to that. | 你必须得到她家人的同意 |
[13:36] | (sighs) | |
[13:38] | I completely disagree with Mr. Berluti’s account. | 我完全不同意Berluti先生的说法 |
[13:40] | How so? | 为什么? |
[13:42] | Well, from my observation, | 以我的观察 |
[13:44] | Scott Wallace was extremely erratic. | Scott Wallace的状态非常不稳定 |
[13:46] | Though I am no psychologist, | 虽然我不是心理学家 |
[13:48] | I believe he was going to take his own life, | 但我相信他会自杀的 |
[13:51] | and then he suddenly turned the gun on Mr. Duvall. | 而随后他突然把枪口指向Duvall先生 |
[13:53] | Could you describe his behavior physically? | 你能描述一下他的行为举止吗? |
[13:56] | Yes. He was trembling, shaking, | 可以,他不停地摇晃、颤抖 |
[13:59] | his eyes were closed | 当他用枪指着自己的脑袋时,他眼睛是闭着的 |
[14:01] | when he had the gun up to his own head, | 当他用枪指着自己的脑袋时,他眼睛是闭着的 |
[14:03] | and then he started to rock up and down slightly | 然后他开始用他的脚后跟儿轻微地上下晃动 |
[14:04] | on the balls of his feet. | 然后他开始用他的脚后跟儿轻微地上下晃动 |
[14:06] | What did you do at this point? | 你那时做了什么? |
[14:08] | Well, I tried to stop him, reason with him, | 我试图劝阻他,跟他讲道理 |
[14:10] | but he just screamed at me and told me to shut up. | 但他就是冲我大喊并让我闭嘴 |
[14:12] | I mean, he screamed it at me, | 我是说,他像一个疯子一样冲我大喊大叫 |
[14:14] | like he was some kind of a madman. | 我是说,他像一个疯子一样冲我大喊大叫 |
[14:16] | And when he turned the gun on Mr. Duvall? | 那当他把枪口转向Duvall先生时呢? |
[14:19] | His eyes had this blank, foreign look. | 他的眼神看起来显得茫然和陌生 |
[14:23] | I think, mentally, | 我觉得,那时候他已经灵魂出窍了 |
[14:24] | he was gone at that point. | 我觉得,那时候他已经灵魂出窍了 |
[14:27] | Ellenor, what about Jimmy Berluti’s behavior? | Ellenor,Jimmy Berluti那时的举止如何? |
[14:31] | That seemed very odd as well. | 那似乎也有些古怪 |
[14:33] | How so? | 怎么讲? |
[14:34] | He just sat there. | 他就是坐在那里 |
[14:35] | When Scott pulled out the gun, | 当Scott拔出枪时 |
[14:37] | we all jumped up except for Jimmy. | 除了Jimmy外我们都跳了起来, |
[14:40] | He just sat there frozen, like he was catatonic. | 他就是僵坐在那里,呆若木鸡。 |
[14:44] | I think he went into shock. | 我觉得他是吓呆了 |
[14:47] | “Erratic,” “madman,” “catatonic,” “shock” — | “不稳定”、“疯子”、“呆若木鸡”、“震惊” |
[14:51] | A lot of clinical buzzwords. | 很多临床术语呀 |
[14:53] | I said I was no psychologist. | 我说过我不是心理学家 |
[14:55] | I testified as to what I saw. | 我是根据我所看见的来作证 |
[14:58] | In addition to being a witness, | 除了作为一个证人 |
[15:00] | Scott Wallace is also your client. | Scott Wallace也是你的当事人 |
[15:01] | Former client. | 以前的当事人 |
[15:03] | Well, he continues to be a client of your firm. | 但他仍然是你们事务所的客户 |
[15:05] | It doesn’t compromise the truth of my testimony. | 但这不会影响我证词的真实性 |
[15:08] | Could you respond to my question? | 你能回答我的问题吗? |
[15:10] | I am responding to your implication. | 我正在对你的暗示进行回应 |
[15:12] | Yes or no. | 是还是否 |
[15:13] | Scott Wallace is a client of your law firm. | Scott Wallace是我们律师事务所的客户 |
[15:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:17] | And you, personally, have been his lawyer. | 而你本人,就是他的律师 |
[15:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:21] | And Bobby Donnell | 而Bobby Donnell是你的律师事务所的资深合伙人 |
[15:22] | is the senior partner of your law firm. | 而Bobby Donnell是你的律师事务所的资深合伙人 |
[15:24] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:28] | An autopsy? | 尸检? |
[15:29] | This man is ingenious. | 这个人很精明的 |
[15:31] | I just can’t rule out the idea | 我就是不能排除他以某种方式参与此事的想法 |
[15:33] | that, somehow, he’s involved. | 我就是不能排除他以某种方式参与此事的想法 |
[15:35] | Wouldn’t the doctors have been able to tell that? | 医生们不能发现问题吗? |
[15:37] | Yes, with an autopsy. | 通过尸检就可以。 |
[15:39] | On the face of it, | 表面上看, |
[15:42] | there doesn’t seem to be any foul play, but I just — | 似乎没有谋杀的迹象,但我就是。。。 |
[15:44] | The idea of cutting her up… | 可把她切碎了的主意。。。 |
[15:48] | This man is meticulous. | 这个人很细心 |
[15:50] | (sighs) | |
[15:52] | If she was killed, | 如果她是被杀的 |
[15:54] | there isn’t likely to be any evidence at her home. | 不太可能在她家发现任何证据。 |
[15:57] | Mrs. Reynolds, even with just the possibility that she was killed — | Reynolds太太,即使她只是有可能是被杀的。。。 |
[16:00] | You’re the only one | 你是唯一暗示她可能是被杀的人 |
[16:01] | suggesting the possibility she was killed. | 你是唯一暗示她可能是被杀的人 |
[16:03] | An autopsy could be done in a day, maybe two. | 尸检一天,最多两天就可以完成 |
[16:10] | I just have a strong feeling that — | 我就是有种强烈的感觉。。。 |
[16:43] | Certainly you can’t expect | 你肯定不能指望限制令在这里也有效 |
[16:44] | that restraining order to apply here. | 你肯定不能指望限制令在这里也有效 |
[16:48] | I heard that Dr. Reynolds had a medical emergency, | 我听到了Reynolds医生因病急救的消息 |
[16:50] | I came down. | 我就过来了 |
[16:53] | I had no way of knowing you’d be present. | 我不可能知道你也在 |
[16:57] | Did you kill her? | 是你杀了她吗? |
[17:01] | That hurt my feelings. | 这太伤人了 |
[17:03] | Did you kill her? | 是你杀了她吗? |
[17:05] | In that you ask me such a question | 你在旁人听力所及范围内,向我问这样的问题 |
[17:07] | within earshot of others, | 你在旁人听力所及范围内,向我问这样的问题 |
[17:09] | I have a cause of action for slander. | 我就有了起诉你诽谤的理由了 |
[17:11] | Why don’t you sue me? | 那你为什么不去起诉我? |
[17:14] | What a delightful idea. | 真是个好主意 |
[17:17] | Be tough to enforce that restraining order then, | 我们双双被卷入一场官司里, |
[17:20] | wouldn’t it, with us inextricably embroiled | 那样就难以强制执行限制令了,不是吗? |
[17:23] | in a lawsuit together? | 那样就难以强制执行限制令了,不是吗? |
[17:28] | By the way… | 顺便说一下。。。 |
[17:30] | I don’t poison. | 我不会下毒的 |
[17:32] | I cut off heads. | 我都是把头砍下来 |
[17:45] | That’s the man I think killed your daughter. | 那就是我认为杀了你女儿的人 |
[17:49] | Please request the autopsy. | 请提出尸检的要求吧 |
[18:00] | How’s he doing? | 他表现如何? |
[18:01] | Actually, I thought he was pretty great. | 其实我觉得他挺棒的 |
[18:04] | In control. He had Jimmy for lunch. | 在他掌控中,他请Jimmy吃午饭。 |
[18:06] | What? | 你说什么? |
[18:07] | Oh, hey, Jimmy. | 噢,嗨,Jimmy 。 |
[18:09] | He didn’t have me for lunch. | 他可没请我吃午饭 |
[18:11] | I-I’m just trying to be optimistic about the case. | 我。。我就是想尽量对这个案子乐观一些。 |
[18:13] | I thought he did terrible. | 我觉得他做得很糟糕。 |
[18:15] | He strayed so far off course with me… | 他盘问我的时候离题太远了。。。 |
[18:17] | he looked desperate. | 他看起来很绝望 |
[18:18] | You could be right. | 也许你是对的吧 |
[18:20] | He didn’t have me for lunch. | 他没请我吃午饭。 |
[18:21] | Let’s go. We’re back in. | 走吧,我们再进去。 |
[18:24] | Jimmy, still friends, right? | Jimmy,我们还是朋友对吗? |
[18:26] | You didn’t touch me. All that crap | 你没有能影响到我, |
[18:28] | about me getting shot and how it affected — | 关于我中枪以及如何对我产生了影响等等 全都是废话。。。 |
[18:31] | That was stupid, Bobby. | 那很愚蠢,Bobby。 |
[18:32] | You think a jury’s going to fall for that? | 你觉得陪审团会赞同那些吗? |
[18:35] | It was desperate. | 那就是绝望的表现 |
[18:37] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿做什么? |
[18:40] | Just checking in. | 就是问一下 |
[18:42] | You need anything? | 你有什么需要的? |
[18:43] | Nope. I’m fine. Come on, Bec. | 没什么,我挺好的,快走吧,Bec。 |
[18:51] | When he started, | 当他开始, |
[18:53] | when he said I could have… could have my job back, | 开始说我可以。。。可以重新得到工作的时候 |
[18:55] | I just felt the blood rush to– | 我就是觉得血往上涌。。。 |
[18:58] | Just that he could pity me after that. | 在我要自杀后他才会同情我 |
[19:02] | The gun was in your briefcase. | 枪是在你的公文包里 |
[19:04] | Why did you put a gun in your briefcase that day? | 那天你为什么要在公文包里放一把枪? |
[19:07] | Well, many reasons. | 这个嘛,很多原因, |
[19:10] | When you walk around with a holster, | 你带个皮枪套出去溜达,别人会觉得你很有趣 |
[19:12] | people look at you funny. | 你带个皮枪套出去溜达,别人会觉得你很有趣 |
[19:13] | Scott, we need for you to be serious. | Scott,我们需要你严肃一些 |
[19:15] | Serious is working less well for me. | 严肃对我不太有帮助 |
[19:21] | When you packed the gun in your briefcase, | 当你把枪放到你的公文包里时, |
[19:25] | did you plan on killing Harry Duvall? | 你是计划要去杀了Harry Duvall吗? |
[19:28] | No. | 不是 |
[19:30] | No, I planned to kill myself… | 我是打算自杀。。。 |
[19:32] | or a stranger. | 或者一个陌生人 |
[19:34] | A stranger? | 一个陌生人? |
[19:35] | When, uh… | 当。。。 |
[19:37] | when I first put it in the briefcase, I — | 当我最初把枪放到公文包里,我。。。 |
[19:40] | I thought, I’m going to kill somebody. | 我想,我要去杀个什么人 |
[19:43] | Probably just somebody I passed on the street. | 也许就是我在街上遇到的某个人吧 |
[19:45] | Why? | 为什么? |
[19:46] | Why not? | 为什么不能? |
[19:47] | I mean, why? | 呃,理由? |
[19:48] | What happened to me was | 至于我来说我这一辈子活得就是你知道的那样 |
[19:51] | I lived my whole life like, you know, | 至于我来说我这一辈子活得就是你知道的那样 |
[19:54] | don’t drink and drive, work hard at school, | 不酒后驾车,在学校努力学习 |
[19:57] | and be good to your parents — | 为了让父母开心。。。 |
[19:59] | I jumped through all the right hoops, | 我被迫按他们的意愿做了很多事 |
[20:01] | you know, and it doesn’t matter, | 但这都无所谓了 |
[20:03] | does it? | 对吧? |
[20:06] | It’s all so arbitrary. | 这些完全是任性而为 |
[20:08] | Well, I picked up a gun, and I wanted the power. | 于是,我抓起一把枪,我想拥有权力 |
[20:12] | I thought it’d be, you know, a stranger. | 我觉得会是那样,一个陌生人 |
[20:17] | I thought maybe I’d — | 我想也许我会。。。 |
[20:18] | Right there on the street, and boom, | 就在街上,砰的一下 |
[20:20] | and I’d look in his eyes, | 我会看着他的眼睛 |
[20:22] | and I’d see that “Why me?” look | 我会从他眼里看到“为什么选我?”的眼神 |
[20:25] | in somebody else’s. | 我会从他眼里看到“为什么选我?”的眼神 |
[20:26] | So you thought you’d kill a stranger. | 所以你以为你会杀了一个陌生人。 |
[20:29] | I don’t know. | 我说不清 |
[20:31] | Probably just myself, you know? | 可能只会自我了结吧? |
[20:33] | And when you pulled the gun out… | 而当你拔出枪来。。。 |
[20:36] | It was to kill myself. | 是要自杀的 |
[20:37] | Then when he offered my job back, | 然后当他说我可以重新找回工作 |
[20:40] | when he tried to be a hero, | 当他想当个救世主, |
[20:42] | I didn’t want him to think that. | 我不想让他那样自以为是。 |
[20:44] | I didn’t want him to strut | 我不想让他借此炫耀自己是个好朋友 |
[20:46] | with the idea that he was a good friend, | 我不想让他借此炫耀自己是个好朋友 |
[20:49] | and, oh, I just felt hot, | 还有,噢,我就是感到燥热 |
[20:51] | and the next thing I know, | 接下来我记得的就是 |
[20:55] | he — he was recoiling like he’d been shot, | 他。。。他就像被击中那样向后退去 |
[20:58] | and then I realized he was shot, | 然后我意识到他中弹了 |
[20:59] | and that I was the one that shot him, just… | 而我就是那个向他开枪的人, |
[21:02] | (imitates gunshots) | |
[21:19] | Nobody moved. I think we were all glad | 大家都一动不动,我想我们都很庆幸 |
[21:22] | he didn’t have his gun up there on the stand. | 他在那边的证人席上没带着枪 |
[21:24] | Did Bay cross? | Bay做交叉盘问了吗? |
[21:26] | Tomorrow morning. | 明天早上做 |
[21:27] | So Bobby’s been okay? | Bobby怎么样? |
[21:28] | I think he’s been perfect. He’s focused… | 我认为他表现很完美,他集中精力。。。 |
[21:31] | So what’s he doing now? | 那么他现在在干嘛? |
[21:33] | Oh, he’s in there with the shrinks, | 噢,他和精神病专家在一起 |
[21:34] | which I should probably be, too. | 我也应该过去了。 |
[21:36] | (door opens) | |
[21:43] | Okay, Lindsay, you were right. | Lindsay,你是对的。 |
[21:45] | What? | 怎么了? |
[21:47] | She was injected with liquid nicotine. | 她被注射了液态尼古丁 |
[21:49] | It simulated all the conditions | 这造成了心脏病发作的所有假象 |
[21:50] | of a heart attack. | 这造成了心脏病发作的所有假象 |
[21:52] | We’ve searched her apartment. We found two hairs, | 我们已经搜查了她的公寓,我们发现了两根头发 |
[21:55] | and we’re running the DNA analysis as we speak. | 现在正在进行DNA测试 |
[21:58] | So she was murdered. | 那么她是被谋杀的 |
[22:02] | She was murdered. | 她是被谋杀的 |
[22:11] | I’m fine, Bobby. | 我没事,Bobby。 |
[22:12] | Don’t keep telling me that. The guy — | 别老跟我说这个,那家伙。。。 |
[22:14] | We’ve got a guard outside, and they’re picking Hinks up. | 我们外面有警卫,而且他们正在抓捕Hinks |
[22:15] | Until they pick him up, | 直到他们抓到他为止 |
[22:17] | the guard goes with you everywhere. | 警卫都要和你形影不离 |
[22:18] | I would like one, too. | 我也想要个警卫 |
[22:20] | I mean, the guy’s got my address, | 我是说,那家伙有我的住址 |
[22:21] | and he looked at me like he was attracted. | 他看我的那样子就像是迷上我了 |
[22:24] | You get a guard, too. | 给你也配个警卫 |
[22:25] | Bobby, we got to get going. | Bobby,我们该走了 |
[22:27] | Come on. Everywhere you go. | 走吧,去哪儿都要带着警卫。 |
[22:34] | Morning, Jimmy. | 早上好,Jimmy |
[22:35] | Good morning. | 早上好。 |
[22:51] | Jimmy, you do seem to be taking this personally. | Jimmy,看上去你把这当成个人恩怨了 |
[22:54] | He made it personal, Ellenor. | 是他把这弄成个人恩怨了,Ellenor |
[22:56] | He was defending his client. | 他是在为当事人辩护 |
[22:58] | My personal history has nothing to do with this case, | 我的个人经历和这个案子没有一点关系 |
[23:00] | and you know it. | 你明白这一点 |
[23:02] | Well, actually, I don’t know it. | 好吧,其实我不这么认为 |
[23:04] | I think Bobby raised a legitimate question. | 我认为Bobby提出了一个合理的问题 |
[23:07] | I don’t want to talk about it, all right? | 我不想谈这件事,好吗? |
[23:09] | Yes, and your not wanting to talk about it | 可以,但你不想谈及这件事本身就直接回答了这个问题 |
[23:11] | goes straight to the question. | 可以,但你不想谈及这件事本身就直接回答了这个问题 |
[23:19] | Your testimony was very powerful, Mr. Wallace. | Wallace先生,你的证词很有说服力 |
[23:21] | Glad you liked it. | 很高兴你对此满意 |
[23:22] | I aim to please — and, of course, to shoot. | 我就是为了让。。。当然了,是为了解释那个枪击 |
[23:25] | Yes, I think I was most struck by your anger. | 嗯,我想我很为你的愤怒而打动 |
[23:28] | You’re a very angry man, aren’t you, Mr. Wallace? | 你是一个很容易愤怒的人,不是吗, Wallace先生? |
[23:30] | You seem to have a firm grasp of the obvious. | 你看起来对显而易见的事把握得很准 |
[23:33] | Yes, and what’s also obvious | 没错,但同样显而易见的事是 |
[23:36] | is you just happened to shoot | 你就是碰巧开枪打中了那个让你最生气的人 |
[23:38] | the person you were most angry at. | 你就是碰巧开枪打中了那个让你最生气的人 |
[23:40] | What a coincidence. | 真是个巧合 |
[23:42] | -Objection. -Overruled. | -反对 -反对无效 |
[23:43] | How’d you get to the meeting that evening, Mr. Wallace? | Wallace先生,当晚你是怎么去赴会的? |
[23:45] | I drove. | 我开车去的。 |
[23:47] | Stop for all the traffic lights | 途中遇到红灯都停下来了吗? |
[23:49] | on the way over? | 途中遇到红灯都停下来了吗? |
[23:51] | I don’t remember. | 我记不清了 |
[23:52] | Any accidents or incidents | 去Donnell先生办公室的途中,遇到事故或者什么别的事吗? |
[23:53] | on the way to Mr. Donnell’s office? | 去Donnell先生办公室的途中,遇到事故或者什么别的事吗 |
[23:55] | No. | 没有 |
[23:56] | You were dressed how? | 你穿着如何? |
[23:58] | I wore a suit. | 我穿了套西装 |
[24:00] | On time for the meeting? | 准时参会的? |
[24:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:02] | If the meeting had gone well | 如果会议进行顺利并且Duvall让你重新工作 |
[24:04] | and Mr. Duvall had given you your job back, | 如果会议进行顺利并且Duvall让你重新工作 |
[24:06] | think you would have shot him? | 你认为你还会向他开枪吗? |
[24:08] | Objection. Speculation. | 反对,要求证人进行推测 |
[24:09] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[24:11] | Are you remorseful, sir, for shooting Mr. Duvall? | 先生,你对枪杀Duvall先生而感到懊悔吗? |
[24:17] | You know Sarah Duvall, | 你认识坐在那边的Sarah Duvall |
[24:19] | Harry’s wife, sitting right over here. | 她是Harry的太太 |
[24:21] | You know his three children. | 你也认识他的三个孩子 |
[24:22] | You’ve just sat up here talking | 你刚才坐在这里谈到杀了一个丈夫,一个三个孩子的父亲 |
[24:24] | about shooting a husband, a father of three. | 你刚才坐在这里谈到杀了一个丈夫,一个三个孩子的父亲 |
[24:28] | You’ve talked about killing him | 你谈到是出于义愤杀了他 |
[24:30] | with all this righteous indignation. | 你谈到是出于义愤杀了他 |
[24:32] | Look at them, Mr. Wallace, and tell them | 看着他们,Wallace先生,并告诉他们, |
[24:35] | how powerful it made you feel to be arbitrary. | 这种义愤有多强烈以致于你可以任性而为 |
[24:38] | Should we object? | 我们要提出反对吗? |
[24:39] | No. | 不 |
[24:41] | Just explain to them | 跟他们解释一下 |
[24:42] | how unfair life has been to you. | 生活对你有多么不公平。 |
[24:44] | I am sure they’ll understand. | 我相信他们会理解的。 |
[24:46] | Maybe you could even give them some advice. | 或许你还可以给他们提点建议, |
[24:48] | Tell them they’ll feel better | 告诉他们, |
[24:51] | if they just go out | 只要他们出去亲手杀掉某个人 |
[24:53] | and shoot somebody themselves. | 他们就会感觉好些了 |
[24:58] | I don’t feel like talking anymore. | 我不想再说什么了 |
[25:02] | I’m not going to talk. | 我不想说了 |
[25:07] | I’m not going to talk. | 我不想说了 |
[25:10] | You’re going to talk. | 你得开口说话 |
[25:12] | Oh, I have something to say, detective, | 噢,我是有话要说的,警探先生 |
[25:14] | but it’ll be to the judge when I file a claim | 但那是在我因骚扰和非法监禁而提出索赔时 |
[25:17] | for harassment, false imprisonment — | 会向法官说的 |
[25:20] | Incidentally, will this be the last arrest, | 顺便问一下,这是最后一次逮捕吗? |
[25:22] | or can I expect others? | 顺便问一下,这是最后一次逮捕吗? |
[25:24] | I want to know where you were two nights ago. | 我要知道两天前的晚上你在哪里 |
[25:25] | I believe I was home alone watching “Taxi.” | 我想我是独自在家看“TAXI”节目 |
[25:29] | You think that’s funny, William? | William,你觉得这样挺有趣吗? |
[25:31] | I find humor is all about knowing your audience. | 我发现幽默完全在于要知道你的听众是谁 |
[25:34] | While the joke could be lost on you, | 当这个笑话对你不起作用时 |
[25:36] | I’m sure Lindsay is about to find herself in stitches. | 我敢肯定Lindsay正要忍不住大笑起来 |
[25:42] | You don’t think I know you come in to watch? | 你以为我不知道你在看吗? |
[25:49] | People always know | Lindsay,人们在被监视的时候总是会察觉到的 |
[25:50] | when they’re being watched, Lindsay. | Lindsay,人们在被监视的时候总是会察觉到的 |
[25:52] | You, of all people, should know that. | 你比所有其他人更应该明白这一点 |
[26:06] | I can’t hold him. | 我无法拘押他 |
[26:07] | What do you mean? He — | 你什么意思?他。。。 |
[26:09] | I’ve got no evidence, Lindsay. | 我们没有证据,Lindsay |
[26:11] | The man — | 这家伙。。。 |
[26:12] | The DNA didn’t check out. | DNA测试结果不吻合 |
[26:13] | It was somebody else’s hair. | 那是别的某个人的头发 |
[26:14] | You already know? | 你已经确定了? |
[26:16] | We can’t place him at the scene. | 我们无法把他和现场联系起来 |
[26:18] | There’s nothing to hold him with. | 没有理由拘押他。 |
[26:19] | Unless he planted somebody else’s hair, | 除非是他把别人的头发放在那里的, |
[26:21] | which is starting to happen now. | 现在从这一点着手 |
[26:23] | Maybe he did, but we have nothing to implicate him. | 也许是他放在那里的,但我们没有什么证据能扯上他 |
[26:26] | You’re the D.A. Give me some advice here. | 你是地区检察官,你给出点主意 |
[26:28] | So he’s walking back out. | 这样的话他就大摇大摆地出去了 |
[26:30] | He basically told me that I’m next, | 他基本上告诉我了,我就是下一个 |
[26:33] | and out he goes? | 就这么放了他? |
[26:42] | What about just on the threats? | 单凭威胁的理由呢? |
[26:44] | They can’t hold him on that? | 他们不能这个理由拘留他吗? |
[26:45] | Put Helen on. | 让Helen听电话 |
[26:47] | How overt do they have to be? | 他们要多明显才行? |
[26:50] | Well, how long do we wait, Helen, till Lindsay — | 那好,我们要等多久,Helen,直到Lindsay。。。 |
[26:53] | don’t tell me to calm down, | 别跟我说什么冷静 |
[26:55] | and don’t tell me there’s nothing you can do. | 也别跟我说你们什么也做不了 |
[26:56] | Go out and plant some evidence if you have to. | 有必要的话就去栽赃 |
[26:58] | You’re the police. | 你们是警察呀 |
[27:00] | Bobby. | |
[27:03] | Lucy, call Alan Neel. | Lucy,给Alan Neel打电话 |
[27:05] | Get him in my office this afternoon. | 叫他今天下午到我办公室 |
[27:07] | Tell him it’s an emergency. | 跟他说是急事 |
[27:09] | What happened? | 怎么了? |
[27:10] | They released Hinks. No evidence. | 没有证据,他们只能释放了Hinks |
[27:13] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait, wait. Are you okay to go in there? | 等等,等等,你这样行吗? |
[27:16] | I can do direct on Murphy. | 我可以做Murphy的直询 |
[27:17] | I can do it. | 我能行 |
[27:19] | Okay, then take a breath. | 好吧,深呼吸一下 |
[27:20] | -I can– -Take a breath. | -我可以。。。 -深呼吸 |
[27:25] | You can’t just judge his sanity | 你不能仅凭一次孤立的犯罪行为 |
[27:27] | by the single act of the crime. | 去判断他的心智状态 |
[27:30] | You need to consider his whole psychiatric database. | 你需要综合考量他的精神病史数据 |
[27:33] | What does that mean? | 怎么讲? |
[27:34] | Basically, his prior mental history. | 总的来说,他以往的精神病史, |
[27:36] | He’d been experiencing deep clinical depression, | 他有严重的临床抑郁经历 |
[27:39] | he’d been exhibiting symptoms of psychosis, | 他一直表现出精神病的症状 |
[27:42] | seeing spots, sleeplessness, paranoia… | 幻觉,失眠,偏执。。。 |
[27:45] | And when he pulled out the gun… | 当他拔出枪时。。。 |
[27:47] | In my opinion, | 在我看来 |
[27:48] | that was the culminating psychotic act. | 这是精神病发作的最高潮 |
[27:51] | He’d lost his ability | 他失去了对其行为的负责能力 |
[27:52] | to be responsible for his actions. | 他失去了对其行为的负责能力 |
[27:54] | Are you saying if a person is depressed | 你是说如果一个人情绪低落 或产生幻觉 |
[27:56] | or he sees spots, that’s a precursor | 那就是他变成一个杀人狂的前兆? |
[27:59] | that he could become homicidal? | 那就是他变成一个杀人狂的前兆? |
[28:00] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[28:02] | I’m saying in this case, it was a precursor. | 我说的是在本案中,这是一个前兆 |
[28:04] | Well, with all this psychosis, | 好吧,既然有这么多精神病症状 |
[28:06] | did you ever recommend he be committed? | 你可曾建议把他送进医院? |
[28:07] | No, but I wish I had. | 没有,但我希望我那样做了 |
[28:10] | You wish you had. | 你希望你那样做了 |
[28:12] | Mr. Wallace had the presence of mind | 当Wallace先生向Duvall先生而不是自己的律师开枪的时候 |
[28:14] | to select his victim when he shot Mr. Duvall | 当Wallace先生向Duvall先生而不是自己的律师开枪的时候 |
[28:16] | instead of his lawyers, didn’t he, Doctor? | 他是镇定自若地选择受害者的,不是吗,医生? |
[28:19] | Well, that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a psychotic act. | 那不意味着不是精神病的行为 |
[28:21] | Oh, no one’s denying the psychosis here, Doctor. | 哦,医生,这里并没有人否认精神病的说法 |
[28:24] | The question is whether Mr. Wallace could appreciate | 问题在于Wallace先生是否理解他行为的性质 |
[28:26] | the nature of his act. | 问题在于Wallace先生是否理解他行为的性质 |
[28:27] | He selected the victim who angered him. | 他选择了让他愤恨的人做为受害者 |
[28:29] | He knew to stop shooting when he ran out of bullets. | 他知道子弹打光后就停止射击 |
[28:32] | Are you making up your own test now, Mr. Bay? For legal– | Bay先生,你现在是在自己编证词吗?从法律上讲。。。 |
[28:34] | You certainly felt free to make up yours. | 你肯定也是随意编的证词 |
[28:36] | Objection. | 反对 |
[28:37] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[28:39] | The fact that he was able | 他能表现出来对受害者的选择性, |
[28:41] | to demonstrate victim selection | 这一点使我相信, |
[28:42] | is proof to me he knew exactly what he was doing. | 他很清楚自己在做什么 |
[28:45] | Even if his acts were irrational, Doctor? | 即使他的行为举止是无理性的,医生? |
[28:48] | Every murder is irrational, | 所有谋杀都谈不上理性 |
[28:50] | and this man exhibited enough rational thought to plan this. | 但这个人表现出足够的理性思维来进行计划 |
[28:54] | He brought a gun to the meeting. | 他带了一把枪去参加会议 |
[28:56] | It’s premeditation and preparation. | 这是预谋和准备 |
[29:11] | The psychiatric testimony was pretty much a wash. | 有关精神病方面的证词基本是个平手 |
[29:14] | The good thing — | 对我们有利的是 |
[29:16] | in Massachusetts, the burden is on the prosecution | 在马萨诸塞州,控方有责任证明你是神志清醒的 |
[29:18] | to show you were sane. | 在马萨诸塞州,控方有责任证明你是神志清醒的 |
[29:20] | We don’t have to prove you weren’t. | 而我们不必证明你神智不清醒 |
[29:22] | You make it all sound so optimistic. | 你让一切听起来很乐观 |
[29:24] | I could almost lose sight of the fact | 我差点忘了 |
[29:27] | that insanity defenses are successful | 用精神病为由进行辩护而成功的案例 |
[29:29] | in less than a quarter of 1% of all criminal cases. | 在全部刑事案中只占到0.25% |
[29:33] | Scott, I have to tell you, with your attitude, | Scott,我必须告诉你,以你这个态度 |
[29:35] | our chances are worse than that. | 我们的机会比那还小 |
[29:37] | Well, if I get convicted here, Rebecca, | Rebecca,如果我这次被判有罪, |
[29:40] | I go back to a society | 我就去和那些比我还贱的人渣们混在一起了 |
[29:43] | where there are even bigger pariahs than me. | 我就去和那些比我还贱的人渣们混在一起了 |
[29:46] | If you’re even remotely looking forward | 要是你有一点想要这样, |
[29:49] | to that society, you’re every bit as insane | 那你就跟我们在法庭上把你描述成的那种疯子一样疯了 |
[29:51] | as we’re cracking you up to be. | 那你就跟我们在法庭上把你描述成的那种疯子一样疯了 |
[29:59] | Where’s Bobby? | Bobby在哪儿? |
[30:04] | He’s working on his closing. | 他在准备他的结案陈词 |
[30:09] | I’m impressed. | 不错嘛 |
[30:11] | Business must be good. | 生意一定挺好的吧 |
[30:12] | Yeah, we get by. | 嗯,还算过得去 |
[30:14] | And I hear you’re married now. | 我还听说你结婚了 |
[30:16] | Yeah… | 嗯。。。 |
[30:19] | which is the reason I called. | 这就是我找你来的原因 |
[30:21] | You want me to kill her? | 你想让我杀了她? |
[30:23] | No, I do not want you to kill her, Alan. | 不,我可不想让你杀了她,Alan。 |
[30:26] | She’s being threatened, | 她被人威胁 |
[30:28] | and her life could very well be in danger. | 而且她的生命安全有很大的危险 |
[30:31] | From who? | 危险来自于谁? |
[30:32] | His name is William Hinks. | 他叫William Hinks |
[30:33] | He’s a serial psycho head chopper | 他是一个变态连环杀手 |
[30:35] | we just successfully got acquitted. | 我们刚帮他成功脱罪 |
[30:37] | Now he’s obsessed or something with Lindsay. | 现在他痴迷于Lindsay |
[30:39] | Okay. | 行 |
[30:40] | $50,000 cash up front. | 五万美金,现金预付 |
[30:43] | I’m not hiring you to — | 我不是雇你去杀。。。 |
[30:45] | I just want you to scare him. | 我只是想要你去吓唬他一下 |
[30:48] | Scare him? | 吓唬他? |
[30:49] | The police have tried, the D. A. s have tried. | 警察试过了,地区检察官也试过了 |
[30:51] | The problem is he knows | 问题是他明白他们也就能做这么多 |
[30:53] | there’s only so much they can do. | 问题是他明白他们也就能做这么多 |
[30:54] | I want him to hear it from somebody | 我想让他认为会对他动真格儿的人去吓唬他 |
[30:56] | he thinks might actually hurt him. | 我想让他认为会对他动真格儿的人去吓唬他 |
[30:58] | You’re really worried, huh? | 你真的很担心,是吗? |
[31:00] | We’re talking about my wife, Alan. | 我们谈的是我太太,Alan |
[31:04] | I mean, this guy is sick. | 我的意思是,这家伙是个变态 |
[31:08] | We think he just killed his therapist. | 我们认为他刚杀了他的心理医生 |
[31:10] | You remember, uh… | 我说过会有这一天的,你还记得吧? |
[31:14] | I said this day would come? | 我说过会有这一天的,你还记得吧? |
[31:16] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[31:18] | You know, when I was looking at double consecutives, | 当我眼看着要被判双倍连续刑期那次 |
[31:20] | and you got me off. | 你让我逃脱了 |
[31:21] | And I said, “Someday you’re going to need me | 于是我说“就像我需要你一样,总有一天你会需要我的” |
[31:24] | just like I needed you.” | 于是我说“就像我需要你一样,总有一天你会需要我的” |
[31:26] | I also said I’d deliver. Remember that? | 我还说我会兑现的,记得吗? |
[31:34] | Put the fear of God in him, Alan. | 让他知道要敬畏上帝吧,Alan |
[31:37] | You got an address? | 有地址吗? |
[31:41] | Yeah, I got it written down. | 有,我写下来了 |
[31:43] | Bobby — Oh, I’m sorry. | Bobby。。。噢,抱歉 |
[31:44] | I-I’ll be right out. | 我。。我马上就出来 |
[31:49] | Yeah. | 好。 |
[31:51] | Pregnant, even. | 都怀孕了 |
[31:56] | I’ll take care of it, Bobby. | 我会搞定的,Bobby |
[32:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[32:18] | This man had been diagnosed long before the shooting. | 这个人在枪击案发生前很久就被确诊 |
[32:24] | He was suffering from twin positional emotional traumas — | 他患有双位精神创伤。。。 |
[32:28] | His wife’s death and being accused of it. | 源于他妻子的死以及他因之受到的指控 |
[32:31] | He had been on the edge of a psychotic break | 他已经濒于精神病发作 |
[32:34] | for which he was hospitalized. | 因此他住进了医院。 |
[32:36] | This isn’t a case of lawyers and doctors finding a disorder | 本案并不是律师和医生在发案后才发现病症的案例, |
[32:39] | after the event. | 本案并不是律师和医生在发案后才发现病症的案例, |
[32:42] | Scott Wallace’s mental condition | Scott Wallace的精神状况 |
[32:44] | was pre-existing and diagnosed months before. | 是早已存在并在几个月前就确诊的。 |
[32:47] | He had been on the edge. | 他一直处于危机边缘。 |
[32:49] | Karen’s death, the arrest, | Karen的死、被逮捕、 |
[32:53] | the conviction, prison, | 被判有罪、牢狱之灾、 |
[32:55] | the appeal, the second trial — | 然后是上诉和第二次庭审。。。 |
[32:58] | He had been living all that | 在他承受这些的同时, |
[33:00] | while suffering clinical depression, | 他还一直受着抑郁症的折磨 |
[33:02] | and he finally lost it that night with Harry Duvall, | 而他终于在Harry Duvall相处的那一晚崩溃了, |
[33:06] | just like Dr. Murphy told us he would. | 正如Murphy医生告诉我们的那样崩溃了。 |
[33:09] | You heard seven different experts — | 你听过七位不同的专家。。。 |
[33:11] | psychologists, forensic psychiatrists — | 有心理学家、法医精神病医生。。。 |
[33:13] | they all told you to a medical certainty | 他们都从医学角度证实了Scott Wallace精神崩溃的必然性 |
[33:16] | that Scott Wallace had a psychotic breakdown. | 他们都从医学角度证实了Scott Wallace精神崩溃的必然性 |
[33:19] | But you don’t have to get weighed down | 但是你们不必为所有这些医学和科学术语所累 |
[33:21] | by all the medical jargon and the science. | 但是你们不必为所有这些医学和科学术语所累 |
[33:23] | The test of legal insanity, it really comes down to this — | 精神错乱的法律考量,归根到底就是。。。 |
[33:28] | was Scott Wallace able — | Scott Wallace是否有能力 |
[33:31] | Was he able to conform his conduct | 使其行为遵从法律的要求? |
[33:34] | to the requirements of the law? | 使其行为遵从法律的要求? |
[33:36] | And to answer that question, | 为了回答这个问题, |
[33:38] | you only need ask yourselves this — | 你们只需要问问自己。。。 |
[33:40] | Even if the Boston police had been right there | 即使当晚有波士顿警察在场 |
[33:43] | in the room with him that night, | 即使当晚有波士顿警察在场 |
[33:46] | would he have still shot Harry Duvall? | 他还会向Harry Duvall开枪吗? |
[33:48] | And we all know the answer to that question. | 而我们都知道这个问题的答案 |
[33:52] | It’s yes. | 他会的。 |
[33:58] | He didn’t just pull out a gun | 他不仅仅是拔出枪然后开枪而已 |
[34:00] | and start firing. | 他不仅仅是拔出枪然后开枪而已 |
[34:02] | He shot the man who wronged him | 他是在进行计划之后,在把枪藏进公文包之后, |
[34:04] | after planning it, | 才去枪杀了那个没有善待他的人 |
[34:06] | after packing a gun in a briefcase to conceal it. | 才去枪杀了那个没有善待他的人 |
[34:08] | This was a reflective choice. | 这是一个经过深思熟虑的选择 |
[34:11] | For every psychiatrist they put up there | 每一个出庭作证的精神病医生都宣称他精神错乱了 |
[34:13] | to declare him insane, we put up two to say he wasn’t. | 我说两点来证明他没有 |
[34:16] | This is a man, | 他是一个一旦愤怒就会采取行动的人 |
[34:18] | when he gets angry, he acts on that anger. | 他是一个一旦愤怒就会采取行动的人 |
[34:22] | That’s why he was charged with his wife’s murder, | 这也就是为什么他被指控杀妻并被判有罪的原因 |
[34:25] | for which he was convicted at first. | 这也就是为什么他被指控杀妻并被判有罪的原因 |
[34:28] | That’s why even his close friend Harry Duvall | 这也就是为什么甚至他的密友Harry Duvall先生也认为他就是凶手的原因 |
[34:30] | knew him to be a murderer, | 这也就是为什么甚至他的密友Harry Duvall先生也认为他就是凶手的原因 |
[34:32] | and that’s why his own lawyer… | 也就是为什么他i自己的律师。。。 |
[34:35] | his own lawyer, who was in the room at the time, | 他自己的律师,他当时在场目睹了事发 |
[34:38] | who saw it, | 他自己的律师,他当时在场目睹了事发 |
[34:39] | he knew it to be a cold-blooded act of execution, | 他告诉了你们,他认为那是一次冷酷的处决行动 |
[34:44] | and he told you that. | 他告诉了你们,他认为那是一次冷酷的处决行动 |
[34:47] | Jimmy Berluti | Jimmy Berluti他自己以前也是枪击受害者 |
[34:48] | was a previous gunshot victim himself. | Jimmy Berluti他自己以前也是枪击受害者 |
[34:51] | He froze when Scott Wallace pulled out that gun. | Scott Wallace拔出枪时他已经惊呆了 |
[34:53] | His powers of observation were paralyzed. | 他的观察能力完全瘫痪了 |
[34:55] | He didn’t even do anything to try to stop | 不管是凶杀还是自杀,他甚至没有试图去进行阻止 |
[34:58] | either the suicide or the homicide. | 不管是凶杀还是自杀,他甚至没有试图去进行阻止 |
[35:00] | The other eyewitness, Ellenor Frutt, | 另一个目击证人,Ellenor Frutt |
[35:02] | she told you Scott Wallace snapped. | 她告诉你们Scott Wallace精神突然崩溃了 |
[35:07] | He pulled that gun out to kill himself, | 他拔出枪对准他自己 |
[35:09] | and then he went blank, | 而后他变得很茫然, |
[35:11] | and as Scott himself testified, the next thing, | 如Scott自己所说,接下来, |
[35:13] | shots were being fired, Harry Duvall was being hit. | 枪响了,Harry Duvall被击中了。 |
[35:16] | Scott Wallace was mentally gone. | Scott Wallace就是精神失常。 |
[35:21] | And I would submit every murderer has to be | 我要说每个凶手多多少少都会有点精神失常才去杀人的 |
[35:23] | a little mentally gone to commit a homicide. | 我要说每个凶手多多少少都会有点精神失常才去杀人的 |
[35:26] | That doesn’t mean we excuse it. | 但这不能说我们应该对此宽恕 |
[35:29] | Scott Wallace was fed up. | Scott Wallace受够了 |
[35:31] | He’d had enough, | 他完全受够了 |
[35:32] | and now it was time to get even. | 是时候去进行报复了。 |
[35:36] | Revenge may be motive, | 报复也许是动机 |
[35:38] | but it’s no defense. | 但不能用来辩护 |
[35:41] | Can they prove he was sane beyond a reasonable doubt? | 我们能超越合理怀疑地证明他是神志清醒的吗? |
[35:47] | No. | 我们不能。 |
[35:49] | They don’t prove sanity beyond a reasonable doubt. | 他们不能超越合理怀疑地证明他是神志清醒的 |
[35:55] | Intent, preparation, victim selection. | 意图、准备、选择被害人 |
[35:59] | He snapped. | 他精神突然崩溃了。 |
[36:00] | He chose. | 他有选择性。 |
[36:01] | He was insane. | 他发疯了。 |
[36:02] | He was angry. | 他很愤怒。 |
[36:03] | Not guilty. | 判他无罪。 |
[36:05] | Guilty. | 判他有罪。 |
[36:06] | Could he appreciate | 他能理解自己行为的错误吗? |
[36:07] | the wrongfulness of his conduct? | 他能理解自己行为的错误吗? |
[36:10] | That’s the question. | 这就是问题所在 |
[36:12] | Could he appreciate | 他能理解自己行为的错误吗? |
[36:13] | the wrongfulness of his conduct? | 他能理解自己行为的错误吗? |
[36:15] | That’s the question. | 那是个问题。 |
[36:28] | No witnesses to place him near the house. | 没有证人能证明他靠近过那所房子 |
[36:31] | What about — | 那么。。。你说过那头发可能是被有意放置的 |
[36:33] | You said that hair could have been planted. | 那么。。。你说过那头发可能是被有意放置的 |
[36:35] | Well, a lot of criminals | 这么说吧,很多罪犯现在 |
[36:37] | are taking advantage of DNA evidence now | 通过留下一缕别人的头发或者血迹 |
[36:39] | by leaving a strand of somebody else’s hair | 通过留下一缕别人的头发或者血迹 |
[36:41] | or a drop of somebody else’s blood. | 从而利用DNA证据(制造疑点)。 |
[36:43] | Hinks is certainly smart enough. | Hinks一定聪明到会这么做。 |
[36:45] | He is a suspect. | 他起码是个嫌疑犯。 |
[36:47] | Yes, he is. Lindsay, we’re on it. | 对,他是的,Lindsay,我们在查。 |
[36:49] | Can you just follow him wherever he goes? | 不管他去哪儿,你们都能跟踪他吗? |
[36:51] | No, we really can’t do that. | 不行,我们真的做不到。 |
[36:54] | Truthfully, I think it was a mistake | 说实话,我认为试图去吓唬他是个错误 |
[36:56] | for me to try to scare him. | 说实话,我认为试图去吓唬他是个错误 |
[36:58] | Some of these psychos, | 有一部分变态狂, |
[37:00] | you antagonize them, they just get worse. | 你对他强硬,适得其反。 |
[37:15] | William Hinks? | William Hinks吗? |
[37:54] | Well, you tried a great case, Bobby. | Bobby,你这案子办得很棒。 |
[37:57] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:59] | I know I could have been more help. | 我知道我可以得到更多的帮助 |
[38:02] | I should have flapped my arms or something. | 我或许应该摆动我的胳膊或者干点别的什么 |
[38:08] | Don’t you care, Scott? | Scott,你不在乎结果吗? |
[38:14] | Scott? Scott? | |
[38:20] | When I let myself care, that’s when I get hurt. | 我一在意,就更受伤。 |
[38:26] | You know? | 你知道吗? |
[38:28] | It’s just… | 这只是。。。 |
[38:30] | boom! | 砰! |
[38:34] | Kidding. | 开个玩笑。 |
[38:43] | I started to go crazy | 我开始要疯了 |
[38:46] | because, you know, they were calling me a murderer. | 因为,人们会管我叫谋杀犯 |
[38:50] | They, uh… | 人们,呃。。。 |
[38:51] | they said I killed my wife, and look what happened. | 人们说我杀了我太太,看看现在怎么样了, |
[38:55] | I became one. | 我真成了一个杀人犯 |
[38:57] | I mean, I shot Harry Duvall. | 我是说,我杀了Harry Duvall |
[39:00] | I turned into exactly what they were calling me. | 我完全变成了他们所说我的那样 |
[39:04] | You’re not a murderer, Scott. | 你不是一个谋杀犯 |
[39:08] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[39:10] | Well, you’re a good man, Bobby, | Bobby,你是个好人 |
[39:12] | but that’s no guarantee. | 但你也不能为我担保。 |
[39:23] | (pager beeps) | |
[39:29] | Verdict. | 判决出来了 |
[39:43] | Mr. Wallace, would you please rise? | Wallace先生,请起立 |
[39:47] | Mr. Wallace? | Wallace先生? |
[39:54] | Mr. Foreman, has the jury reached a verdict? | 陪审团主席先生,陪审团有裁决了吗? |
[39:57] | Yes, your honor. | 有了,法官大人 |
[39:58] | What say you? | 请宣布 |
[40:00] | Commonwealth vs Scott Wallace | 马萨诸塞州起诉Scott Wallace |
[40:03] | on the charge of murder in the first degree, | 一级谋杀罪 |
[40:07] | we find the defendant Scott Wallace | 我们因精神缺陷或疾病裁决被告Scott Wallac |
[40:11] | not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect. | 无罪 |
[40:16] | (audience murmuring) | |
[40:20] | The Commonwealth moves | 州政府要求 |
[40:21] | the defendant be committed to a psychiatric facility. | 将被告移送精神病监护机构 |
[40:24] | The court orders that the defendant be hospitalized | 法庭命令将被告移送Bridgewater精神病院进行为期60天的观察 |
[40:28] | for a period of 60 days for observation at Bridgewater. | 法庭命令将被告移送Bridgewater精神病院进行为期60天的观察 |
[40:32] | We’ll consider further petitions after that. | 其后,我们将考虑解除申请 |
[40:34] | Court is adjourned. | 休庭 |
[40:36] | (judge pounds gavel) | |
[40:37] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[40:39] | It’s for observation and treatment. | 那是为了观察和治疗。 |
[40:41] | It’s temporary, and, Scott, you need it. | 暂时的,而且,Scott,对你也是需要的 |
[40:44] | Will I get out? | 我可以被放出去吗? |
[40:46] | Probably in 60 days. | 大概60天 |
[40:48] | Scott, you need help. | Scott,你需要得到帮助 |
[40:51] | Treatment is a good thing here. | 治疗是对你有益的 |
[40:54] | Okay, okay, Bobby. | 行,好吧,Bobby |
[40:56] | Bobby, I didn’t know what to say the last time. | Bobby,上次我不知道应该说什么, |
[40:59] | Now… | 这次。。。 |
[41:03] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:12] | Helen? Helen? | |
[41:17] | It’s okay. Lindsay’s fine. | 放心,Lindsay没事 |
[41:19] | What? | 那么是? |
[41:22] | What? | 到底怎么了? |
[41:27] | Michael called me. He’s inside. | Michael给我打电话,他在里面 |
[41:33] | Michael. | |
[41:34] | You don’t want to go in there. | 你还是别进去了 |
[41:35] | I’m going in. | 我都来了 |
[41:36] | Bobby. | |
[41:37] | I’m coming in. | 我要进去。 |
[41:39] | Lindsay, stay with Helen. | Lindsay,和Helen呆在外面 |
[41:59] | Hinks? | Hinks吗? |
[42:01] | Yeah. | 嗯。 |
[42:05] | Where’s his head? | 他的头呢? |
[42:32] | You have any suspects? | 你有嫌疑对象吗? |
[42:34] | Not yet. | 还没有。 |