时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on “The Practice”… | 前集回顾未作翻译 |
[00:02] | Oh, are you okay? | |
[00:04] | You might have something called chorioamnionitis, | |
[00:06] | an infection of the amniotic fluid. | |
[00:08] | I want to schedule an amnio. | |
[00:10] | Lab results are normal, including the repeat CBC. | |
[00:13] | Meaning… | |
[00:14] | Go home. | |
[00:16] | My husband is Raymond Littlefield. | |
[00:18] | He’s been charged with murdering my daughter. | |
[00:22] | Your daughter, so his stepdaughter. | |
[00:24] | Yes. | |
[00:25] | They claim he had an affair with her. | |
[00:28] | He didn’t. | |
[00:29] | We had run-ins over discipline. | |
[00:32] | It probably became a typical father/daughter relationship. | |
[00:35] | With the exception | |
[00:36] | that she claimed that you slept with her. | |
[00:39] | She had a history of lying, Mr. Donnell. | |
[00:41] | I don’t mean to be offensive, but… | |
[00:44] | What? | |
[00:46] | Did the police ever consider you a suspect? | |
[00:50] | You’re asking me if I killed my own daughter. | |
[00:53] | Are you accusing me of murder, Mr. Berluti? | |
[00:56] | I’m just interviewing everybody who could | |
[00:58] | conceivably have a grudge against Raymond Littlefield. | |
[01:01] | You two were lovers. | |
[01:02] | If I were going to kill somebody out of anger, | |
[01:05] | wouldn’t I have chosen him? | |
[01:06] | Who’s your suspect? | |
[01:08] | Have you looked at his wife? | |
[01:10] | What about your mother? | |
[01:12] | What about her? | |
[01:13] | Could you conceive of her | |
[01:15] | wanting to harm your sister? | |
[01:16] | My mother loved my sister. | |
[01:19] | She would never hurt her. | |
[01:20] | There was some contaminated blood | |
[01:22] | on the victim near the vagina. | |
[01:24] | It was a trace of semen. | |
[01:26] | It genetically matches your client. | |
[01:29] | I didn’t kill her, Mr. Donnell. | |
[01:31] | How did that semen get there, Raymond? | |
[01:33] | Whatever else might have happened between us, | |
[01:37] | I did not kill her. | |
[01:54] | Our own DNA tests came back. | 由我们自己做的DNA测试结果出来了 |
[01:58] | It’s your semen. | 是你的精液。 |
[02:03] | It’s got to be wrong. | 这一定是搞错了 |
[02:05] | Is there any margin for error here? | 这个测试会有点误差吗? |
[02:07] | The odds that it came from somebody else | 是别人的概率是1:1700万。 |
[02:09] | are 17 million to 1. | 是别人的概率是1:1700万。 |
[02:11] | Going into a murder trial– bad odds. | 放到谋杀罪的审判中。。。非常糟糕的概率 |
[02:15] | It isn’t mine. | 真不是我的 |
[02:17] | Raymond, you admit having an affair with her. | Raymond,你承认了和她有私情 |
[02:18] | I keep telling you, | 我一直在告诉你, |
[02:20] | I hadn’t slept with her for at least a week. | 我和她至少有一周没有上床了 |
[02:23] | How long can semen last? | 精液可以留存多久呀? |
[02:25] | It can last. | 那是可以留存的 |
[02:27] | Even if she’s taking baths? | 甚至在她洗澡后? |
[02:28] | She was on the swim team, for God’s sake. | 她是游泳队的,看在上帝的份上,她每天都泡在氯水中呀 |
[02:30] | She was in chlorine every day. | 她是游泳队的,看在上帝的份上,她每天都泡在氯水中呀 |
[02:34] | You hadn’t slept with her for more than a week? | 你有一个星期以上没有和她上床了? |
[02:37] | No. | 对 |
[02:39] | And she’d been swimming every day. | 而她天天都游泳。 |
[02:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:42] | Could they have planted it– the police? | 会不会是有人栽赃。。。警察吗? |
[02:46] | How would they even get it? | 他们怎么弄到你的精液? |
[02:48] | This isn’t blood we’re talking about. It’s semen. | 我们说的不是血液,而是精液 |
[02:50] | But let’s assume for a second it could have been planted. | 但让我们假设一下,那是被栽赃的。 |
[02:53] | Who had access to your… | 谁可以接触到你的精液。。。 |
[02:58] | prior to Fiona’s death, | 在Fiona死前, |
[03:00] | when was the last time you had sex with your wife? | 你和你的太太最后一次做爱是什么时候? |
[03:04] | I’d have to think. | 我得回忆一下 |
[03:07] | A day or two before– maybe three. | 一两天前。。。也许三天吧 |
[03:18] | Is it possible | 是否有可能是你的太太把你精液弄到Fiona审上的? |
[03:20] | your wife planted your semen on Fiona? | 是否有可能是你的太太把你精液弄到Fiona身上的? |
[03:27] | Are you asking me | 你是在问我是不是有可能Kate杀了Fiona? |
[03:30] | if it’s possible Kate killed Fiona? | 你是在问我是不是有可能Kate杀了Fiona? |
[03:34] | Her own daughter. | 那是她亲女儿呀。 |
[03:36] | That’s what I’m asking. | 我问的就是这个。 |
[04:32] | You want to accuse her in open court? | 你想当庭对她提出指控吗? |
[04:35] | We’re desperate. | 我们走投无路了 |
[04:36] | The prosecution is so confident, | 而检方很有信心, |
[04:38] | they’re not even offering murder two. | 他们甚至都没有提出二级谋杀罪名 |
[04:40] | They’re not even charging it. | (为保证定罪,控方一般会起诉两三级罪名, 比如同时提出一级和二级谋杀罪名供陪审团裁决 以免一级谋杀定罪不成,就只能无罪开释) |
[04:41] | They’re going all the way, no parole, | 他们始终坚持不予假释 |
[04:44] | because they know they’ve got you. | 因为他们知道已经有把握了 |
[04:46] | We need something | 我们需要制造出一些合理怀疑来 |
[04:47] | to manufacture reasonable doubt. | 我们需要制造出一些合理怀疑来 |
[04:49] | First of all… | 首先。。。 |
[04:52] | if my wife did this and is framing me, | 如果是我妻子做的并且在陷害我, |
[04:55] | why would she– | 为什么她会。。。 |
[04:57] | She’s been at my side the whole time, | 她一直是站在我这边儿的 |
[05:00] | participating in my defense. | 参与我的辩护 |
[05:02] | Well, she could just be playing her part | 那也许仅仅是她在演戏 |
[05:04] | so as not to draw suspicion to herself. | 以免引起对她自己的怀疑。 |
[05:06] | Or she could be setting herself up | 或者她想让自己在辩护中做为证人 |
[05:08] | as a witness for the defense, | 或者她想让自己在辩护中做为证人 |
[05:09] | only to bury you once she gets up there. | 等到作证的时候搞死你 |
[05:11] | That’s pretty conniving. | 真是个完美的阴谋 |
[05:13] | We all know she’s smart enough, | 我们都知道她很精明, |
[05:15] | and if she killed her own daughter, | 如果她杀了自己的女儿, |
[05:17] | she is capable of anything. | 那她什么都干得出来。 |
[05:22] | So your plan is? | 那么你的计划是? |
[05:24] | We let her think we think she’s on our side, | 我们使她相信我们认为她是站在我们一边儿的 |
[05:26] | and then when she testifies, we ambush her, | 随后当她作证的时候,我会伏击她的 |
[05:29] | and hope it flusters her enough | 寄希望于能使她慌乱到足以看起来可能有罪的程度 |
[05:31] | to make her look at least possibly guilty. | 寄希望于能使她慌乱到足以看起来可能有罪的程度 |
[05:33] | What if you’re wrong? | 如果你搞错了呢? |
[05:35] | What if she’s completely innocent? | 如果她是完全无辜的呢? |
[05:37] | If we’re wrong, | 如果我们搞错了 |
[05:38] | we still might cast some suspicion on her. | 我们还是可能在她身上制造出疑点 |
[05:41] | That at least gives us a chance at reasonable doubt. | 那至少给了我们获得合理怀疑的机会 |
[05:44] | But, obviously, for it to work, | 但,显然,为了能有效,你不能先告诉她 |
[05:47] | you can’t tell her. | 但,显然,为了能有效,你不能先告诉她 |
[05:49] | It has to be a surprise attack. | 必须要达成突袭 |
[05:56] | There’s a big hole in your theory. | 你们的设想有个大漏洞 |
[05:58] | Since this little discovery, | 自从这个精液证据被发现后 |
[06:00] | she won’t even talk to me. | 她甚至都不想和我说话了 |
[06:02] | She says she won’t testify for me. | 她说她不会为我作证了 |
[06:05] | I’ll get her there. | 我会把她弄去作证的 |
[06:06] | And once you do, | 一旦你这样做,你就指控她是凶手? |
[06:08] | you accuse her of being the killer? | 一旦你这样做,你就指控她是凶手? |
[06:12] | We call it plan “B.” | 我们把这叫做B计划 |
[06:18] | You’re going to say she made love to her husband | 你打算说她和丈夫做爱以便得到精液样本 |
[06:21] | to get a semen sample to plant on her own daughter, | 然后弄到被她杀害的亲生女儿身上。 |
[06:24] | who she killed. | 然后弄到被她杀害的亲生女儿身上。 |
[06:25] | It’s possible. | 有这种可能性。 |
[06:27] | Even if it is, | 即使如此, |
[06:28] | no jury is going to believe that. | 也没有陪审团会信的 |
[06:29] | And there’s another problem. | 还有另一个问题。 |
[06:31] | Her name is on that retainer agreement. | 雇佣协议上有她的名字 |
[06:32] | She signed it. She could be a client. | 她签过字,她应该算是个当事人 |
[06:34] | I consulted outside ethics counsel. | 我咨询了外部的职业道德法律顾问 |
[06:35] | For the purpose of this agreement, | 就本协议而言,他才是当事人,而她不是 |
[06:37] | he’s the client, not her. | 就本协议而言,他才是当事人,而她不是 |
[06:39] | We don’t have to protect her. | 我们不需要去维护她 |
[06:41] | Bobby, even if he didn’t kill her, | Bobby,即使不是他杀的, |
[06:42] | he’s still a statutory rapist. | 他还是一个法定强奸犯 (因为性交对象是未成年人, 即使其自愿,也从法理上视为强奸) |
[06:44] | Is this guy really worth | 为这么个家伙拿咱们的好名声冒险值得吗? |
[06:45] | putting our reputation on the line? | 为这么个家伙拿咱们的好名声冒险值得吗? |
[06:47] | Our reputation is that we will do anything | 我们的好名声是我们会在法律允许范围内 |
[06:49] | within the bounds of the law to win, | 竭尽所能打赢官司。 |
[06:51] | and since when do I have to convince you of this? | 打什么时候开始,我不得不在这些问题上来说服你了? |
[06:53] | Well, maybe since I’m worried about making rent. | 也许是自打我为付房租操心的时候开始的吧 |
[06:55] | Oh, please. | 噢,拉倒吧 |
[06:57] | I have to admit, | 我不得承认, |
[06:58] | this time, it seems particularly disgusting. | 这次,似乎格外让人感到恶心 |
[07:00] | Wait a second. This woman could be the killer. | 等一下,这个女人也可能就是凶手, |
[07:03] | She had motive and opportunity. | 她有动机和条件 |
[07:05] | How do we not go after her? | 我们怎么就不能对她下手呢? |
[07:07] | They’re due here in an hour– | 他们一个小时就要来这儿。。。 |
[07:11] | Kate and Jenny, the other stepdaughter. | Kate和另一个女儿Jenny, |
[07:13] | Bec, I need for you to talk to her. | Bec,我需要你去跟她谈 |
[07:15] | Why? | 为什么? |
[07:17] | Because she knows something. | 因为她知道一些事情, |
[07:19] | Some bad blood between her mother and Fiona. | 有关她妈妈和Fiona之间的敌意 |
[07:20] | Something. She wouldn’t tell me what. | 这些事,她不会跟我说的 |
[07:22] | I need you to work it out of her. | 我要你从她那里问出来 |
[07:24] | And remember, you can’t tip her off | 但是记住,别向她透露我们正要对她妈妈下手 |
[07:26] | that we’re going after her mother. | 但是记住,别向她透露我们正要对她妈妈下手 |
[07:31] | Read it and weep, baby. | 你就死了心吧,宝贝 |
[07:33] | Unreconcile is not a word. | Unreconcile不是个单词 |
[07:35] | The word is irreconcilable. | 应该拼成irreconcilable |
[07:37] | Unreconcile is certainly a word. | Unreconcile当然是个单词了 |
[07:40] | Look, I just get home from the hospital. | 你看,我刚从医院回到家, |
[07:42] | All I want to do– | 我希望的就是。。。 |
[07:43] | Do you want to play or not? | 你还想玩吗? |
[07:44] | Not if you’re going to cheat. | 如果你打算耍赖的话就不玩了 |
[07:45] | That’s nice, Ellenor. | 你真行,Ellenor |
[07:47] | I stay home to be with you and you call me a cheat. | 我留在家里陪你,而你说我耍赖 |
[07:50] | No, Helen, you stayed home | 不对,Helen,你呆在家里表面上是要照顾我, |
[07:51] | ostensibly to look after me, | 不对,Helen,你呆在家里表面上是要照顾我, |
[07:52] | to make sure that I stay calm, | 其实是为了确保我能保持平静。 |
[07:54] | not to try and beat me with nonexistent, made-up– | 那就不要试图用不存在的东西来赢我,编造一些。。。 |
[07:56] | It’s a word. | 那就是个单词 |
[07:57] | The word is irreconcile. | 单词应该是irreconcile |
[08:00] | Unreconcile would refer to accounting. | Unreconcile应该是用于会计学的 |
[08:03] | Irreconcile, as in irreconcilable, | Irreconcile,如同irreconcilable一样 |
[08:06] | would refer to our relationship | 应该是用于形容我们当前的关系 |
[08:07] | at the present moment. | 应该是用于形容我们当前的关系 |
[08:18] | Raymond tells me you two aren’t really speaking. | Raymond跟我说,你们俩实际上都不说话了 |
[08:21] | Gee. | 哇呜 |
[08:23] | He claims he didn’t kill her. | 他断言说没有杀她 |
[08:25] | And it wouldn’t be at all like him to lie, | 现在他完全不像是在撒谎,是吗? |
[08:27] | now, would it? | 现在他完全不像是在撒谎,是吗? |
[08:28] | Look, his trial starts tomorrow. | 听着,明天就开庭了 |
[08:30] | If his semen had not been found on Fiona, | 如果没有在Fiona身上发现他的精液, |
[08:32] | you wouldn’t believe that he killed her, right? | 你不会相信是他杀了她,对吧? |
[08:34] | But it was. | 但事实确实如此 |
[08:36] | I realize that, but… | 我明白,但是。。。 |
[08:37] | I want you to testify. | 我希望你出庭作证 |
[08:39] | I need you to say, | 我需要你说出来 |
[08:41] | prior to that semen being found, | 在精液证据被发现前, |
[08:43] | you didn’t think that he was capable of violence. | 你不认为他能有暴力行为 |
[08:45] | What good would that do him | 如果我现在认为他有罪,就算那样说了对他有什么好处? |
[08:47] | if I now think he’s guilty? | 如果我现在认为他有罪,就算那样说了对他有什么好处? |
[08:48] | It speaks to his character, | 这说明的是他的个性 |
[08:50] | and it’ll help me some, and I need whatever– | 对我会有些帮助,无论是什么我都需要。。。 |
[08:52] | I don’t want to help him. | 我不想帮他了 |
[08:54] | Kate, when you first came in to hire me, | Kate,当你第一次来这里雇我的时候, |
[08:58] | you were convinced that your husband was being framed. | 你是坚信你的丈夫是被陷害的 |
[09:01] | Well, that was before they found his sperm on my daughter. | 那是在我的女儿身上发现他的精液之前。 |
[09:05] | All that means is that he slept with her. | 那只意味着他和她上床了 |
[09:07] | It doesn’t mean that he killed her. | 并不意味着他杀了她 |
[09:10] | Now, you said it yourself. | 你自己说过的,也许有人利用这个所谓的私通来陷害他 |
[09:12] | Somebody could be taking advantage of this so-called affair | 你自己说过的,也许有人利用这个所谓的私通来陷害他 |
[09:15] | to frame him. | 你自己说过的,也许有人利用这个所谓的私通来陷害他 |
[09:17] | Well, I seriously doubt it. | 算了吧,那不太可能 |
[09:19] | But it is possible. | 但还是有可能的, |
[09:22] | On that possibility, | 基于这种有人陷害他的可能性, |
[09:23] | that this is somebody framing him, | 基于这种有人陷害他的可能性, |
[09:25] | I need you to testify | 我需要你作证说 |
[09:27] | that from all you know about Raymond, | 以你对Raymond的全面了解,你无法想象他会是个凶手 |
[09:29] | you couldn’t conceive of him being a killer. | 以你对Raymond的全面了解,你无法想象他会是个凶手 |
[09:35] | Kate, what if he is innocent? | Kate,如果他是无辜的呢? |
[09:39] | He’s a rapist, as far as I’m– | 在我看来,他就是个强奸犯。。。 |
[09:41] | But he’s on trial for murder here. | 但他是因谋杀而受审的 |
[09:44] | I need you to walk into that room with him. | 我需要你出庭和他在一起 |
[09:48] | Both of you– you and Jenny. | 你们俩。。。你和Jenny都要去 |
[09:50] | The jury needs to see that. | 要让陪审团看到这一点 |
[09:52] | You want to divorce him after, do it, | 你之后想和他离婚,随便你 |
[09:55] | but for the purpose of this trial… | 但为了这次庭审。。。 |
[10:06] | Your mother once thought somebody with a grudge | 你妈妈曾经认为是对Fiona有怨恨的某个人杀了她 |
[10:08] | against Fiona killed her. | 你妈妈曾经认为是对Fiona有怨恨的某个人杀了她 |
[10:09] | Oh, yeah, that makes a lot of sense. | 噢,是呀,挺有道理的 |
[10:11] | And did he first go to my stepfather | 那个人是不是要先去找我继父借些精液呢? |
[10:12] | and ask to borrow some semen? | 那个人是不是要先去找我继父借些精液呢? |
[10:14] | It is possible your stepdad had sex with Fiona | 也有可能是你的继父在Fiona被杀前的什么时候和她做过爱 |
[10:18] | some time before she was killed, | 也有可能是你的继父在Fiona被杀前的什么时候和她做过爱 |
[10:19] | and then the semen– | 然后这精液。。。 |
[10:21] | Can I just go? | 我能走吗? |
[10:22] | Um, your, um… | 呃,你的,呃。。。 |
[10:23] | your mother said she had some problems with Fiona, | 你的妈妈说她和Fiona |
[10:26] | with some of the friends she kept. | 在关于她交的一些朋友问题上有些矛盾。 |
[10:28] | She said she even got into big arguments | 她说她和Fiona就此还大吵过一次, |
[10:31] | with Fiona over it. Is that true? | 是真的吗? |
[10:33] | So? We all had problems with Fiona. | 那又怎么样?我们都和Fiona有矛盾 |
[10:36] | She was a druggie and a liar. | 她是个瘾君子和骗子 |
[10:38] | But I’m told she had some particular problems. | 但是我听说她有些特别的问题 |
[10:42] | Your mother and Fiona | 你妈妈和Fiona已经有一段时间非常疏远了吧,不是吗? |
[10:44] | became quite estranged for a while, didn’t they? | 你妈妈和Fiona已经有一段时间非常疏远了吧,不是吗? |
[10:49] | Why do you have to drag Jenny in? | 你为什么要把Jenny拖进来? |
[10:50] | I don’t want her terrorized. | 我不想让她受到恐吓。 |
[10:52] | She has knowledge | 她知道Fiona和她妈妈之间疏远的事 |
[10:53] | of Fiona’s estrangement with her mother. | 她知道Fiona和她妈妈之间疏远的事 |
[10:54] | I can testify to that. | 这是我也作证呀 |
[10:56] | Your word might seem a little self-serving, Raymond, | Raymond,你来说的话,似乎会让人觉得是有点为自己开脱 |
[10:59] | plus juries don’t tend to attach that much credibility | 加之陪审团倾向于不太认可一个法定强奸犯的可信度 |
[11:01] | to statutory rapists. | 加之陪审团倾向于不太认可一个法定强奸犯的可信度 |
[11:05] | Sorry, but that’s nothing compared to | 抱歉,但没有什么可以和你明天要遇到的相提并论 |
[11:09] | what you’re in for tomorrow. | 抱歉,但没有什么可以和你明天要遇到的相提并论 |
[11:11] | We’ve also subpoenaed Elena Wharton, | 我们也会传唤和你有私情的Elena Wharton |
[11:12] | the woman you were having an affair with. | 我们也会传唤和你有私情的Elena Wharton |
[11:14] | -Why? -Well, as luck would have it, | -为什么? -如果幸运的话, |
[11:16] | there’s a portion of the murder night | 在谋杀发生当夜的某段时间, |
[11:18] | she was home alone with no alibi. | 她独自在家没有不在犯罪现场场证明。 |
[11:19] | What, you’re going to accuse her, too? | 什么?你们打算也要指控她吗? |
[11:22] | No. The prosecution’s second chair | 不是,控方的副手是一个我们多次交手的人 |
[11:24] | is a man we’ve been up against many times. | 不是,控方的副手是一个我们多次交手的人 |
[11:26] | Our fear is that | 我们怕的是他会找出来我们要实施B计划的对象 |
[11:27] | he’ll be looking for us to plan “B” somebody. | 我们怕的是他会找出来我们要实施B计划的对象 |
[11:29] | He might try to tip that somebody off. | 他可能试图向那个人透露的 |
[11:31] | We’re calling your ex-mistress as a red herring, | 我们把你的情妇成为红鲱鱼 (红鲱鱼策略:用一个微不足道的问题来 引诱你在真正重要的问题上犯错) |
[11:33] | hoping they think she’s the one we plan to ambush. | 希望他们把她当成我们计划去伏击的对象 |
[11:36] | We can’t have Kate | 我们不能让Kate对即将发生的事得到任何提示 |
[11:37] | getting any hint that this is coming. | 我们不能让Kate对即将发生的事得到任何提示 |
[11:39] | If she’s ready for us, she’s too smart. | 如果对我们有所防备,她太精明了 |
[11:42] | We’ll fall flat on our faces, | 我们会一败涂地的 |
[11:43] | and you’ll be doing life with no parole. | 而你也将会终身监禁且得不到假释。 |
[11:51] | What else? | 还有别的什么吗? |
[11:53] | We thought about trying | 我们考虑过完全否认私通这件事 |
[11:56] | to deny the affair altogether. | 我们考虑过完全否认私通这件事 |
[11:58] | We’ve decided against it. There’s a good chance | 但我们决定不这么做, |
[12:00] | that the jurors have already heard | 很有可能陪审团已经了解到了所有那些被禁止呈堂的陈述 |
[12:01] | about all the suppressed statements. | 很有可能陪审团已经了解到了所有那些被禁止呈堂的陈述 |
[12:03] | Also, we can’t put you up there to lie, | 而且,我们不能让你在证人席上说谎 |
[12:05] | and we do think you will have to testify. | 我们认为你必须要作证。 |
[12:09] | You just keep denying that you killed her. | 你只要一直否认是你杀的她。 |
[12:12] | The D. A. will come hard, you hold fast. | 地区检察官会对你穷追猛打的, |
[12:15] | You didn’t kill her. | 而你就是坚持说没有杀她 |
[12:17] | Which is the truth. | 那也是事实 |
[12:26] | Okay. | 就这样吧。 |
[12:28] | We’ll see you in court tomorrow. | 我们明天法庭上见。 |
[12:30] | Kate actually agreed to testify? | Kate真的同意作证了? |
[12:34] | I convinced her | 我说服她这仅是为了让你熬过这次庭审 |
[12:35] | to just see you through this trial. | 我说服她这仅是为了让你熬过这次庭审 |
[12:37] | You duped her. | 你骗了她 |
[12:39] | So we can ambush her on the stand? | 以便我们能在证人席上伏击她? |
[12:42] | You can certainly direct us not to do it. | 你当然可以指示我们不这么做。 |
[12:45] | Your choice. | 你来选择吧 |
[12:54] | We’ll see you in court. | 我们在法庭上见。 |
[13:04] | It figures to be a lightning-quick trial, | 估计是一个闪电般的快速庭审 |
[13:07] | probably two days. | 大概两天吧 |
[13:08] | All the prosecution witnesses go to science and DNA. | 所有的控方证人都立足于科学和DNA方面 |
[13:12] | The big question is, | 最大的问题在于, |
[13:13] | will Raymond Littlefield testify in his own defense, | Raymond Littlefield是不是要出庭作证 |
[13:16] | and if he does, | 如果他这样做的话, |
[13:18] | how will he explain his affair with the victim | 他怎么解释他和受害者的私情已经在受害者身有他的精液? |
[13:20] | and the presence of his semen on the victim’s body? | 他怎么解释他和受害者的私情已经在受害者身有他的精液? |
[13:25] | Come on. Mr. Donnell? | Donnell先生吗? |
[13:27] | How do you explain the semen? | 关于精液,你怎么解释? |
[13:28] | No questions right now. | 现在不回答问题 |
[13:30] | How long do you think the trial will last? | 你认为这次庭审会持续多长时间? |
[13:31] | Can you tell us, Mrs. Littlefield… | Littlefield夫人,你能告诉我们。。。 |
[13:33] | Put it on my tab. Please. | 记在我的帐上好了,拜托。 |
[13:35] | Please. | 拜托。 |
[13:36] | (reporters shouting) | |
[13:44] | You and I are still unreconciled? | 你和我还是不可调和吗? |
[13:46] | Oh, I’m fine. | 噢,我没所谓 |
[13:47] | It just doesn’t bring me any particular joy | 只是给一个叫我骗子的人煎荷包蛋 |
[13:49] | to serve poached eggs | 只是给一个叫我骗子的人煎荷包蛋 |
[13:51] | to someone who calls me a cheater. | 没让我觉得有啥特别开心 |
[13:52] | See, the problem is, as a D. A., | 你看,问题是,作为一个地区检察官 |
[13:54] | you expect everybody to forgive your cheating | 你希望每个人都把你的欺诈行为当成你职业要求来予以谅解 |
[13:57] | as a professional courtesy. | 你希望每个人都把你的欺诈行为当成你职业要求来予以谅解 |
[13:58] | Oh, that’s clever. | 噢,你真能扯 |
[14:00] | Whoa! | 哎呦! |
[14:02] | There’s nothing wrong with the eggs. | 这回做的煎蛋没问题的 |
[14:04] | It’s not the eggs. | 不是因为煎蛋 |
[14:06] | Are you sick again? | 你又恶心了? |
[14:09] | No, I don’t think I’m sick. | 不是,我不觉得恶心 |
[14:11] | What’s wrong with you, then? | 那你怎么了? |
[14:12] | It– It’s her. | 是。。。是她 |
[14:14] | It’s the alien? | 外星人? |
[14:16] | I’m in labor. | 我要生了 |
[14:17] | Okay, okay, uh, should– should I call 911? | 好的好的,我。。。我该打911吗? |
[14:21] | No, call the doctor– tray. | 不,给医生打电话。。。托盘拿开 |
[14:22] | -Okay. -I am going to get dressed. | -好的 -我要去穿衣服 |
[14:25] | -Okay. -The bag? | -好吧 -袋子呢? |
[14:27] | Okay, uh, it’s packed. | 呃,打好包了 |
[14:28] | Uh, uh… | 呃,呃。。。 |
[14:30] | okay, uh, what do I do now? | 我现在该怎么办? |
[14:32] | Helen, call the hospital. | Helen,给医院打电话 |
[14:33] | Okay, okay. | 好的 |
[14:36] | It was the blow just above her ear | 在她耳朵上方的那一下击打最可能是致命的一击 |
[14:38] | that was most likely the fatal one. | 在她耳朵上方的那一下击打最可能是致命的一击 |
[14:40] | How many times was she struck with the golf club, doctor? | 医生,她被用高尔夫球杆打了多少次? |
[14:43] | There were four independent fractures, | 有四处独立的骨折 |
[14:46] | so we know it was at least that many times. | 我们认为至少有很多次的击打 |
[14:48] | And the cause of death was a fractured skull? | 头骨的骨折是致死原因吗? |
[14:51] | That’s correct. | 没错, |
[14:53] | In terms of trajectory, was this a case | 就轨迹而言,这是棍棒向下挥动的那种情况吗? |
[14:56] | of the club being swung downward? | 就轨迹而言,这是棍棒向下挥动的那种情况吗? |
[14:58] | No, it came in quite level, | 不是,方向是水平的 |
[15:00] | almost like the perfect baseball swing. | 差不多像是完美的棒球式击打 |
[15:02] | Yes, in fact, in your initial findings, | 实际上,在你最初的研究结论中 |
[15:04] | you stated the killer was probably of similar height | 你说凶手和受害人差不多高,不是吗,医生? |
[15:07] | to the victim, didn’t you, doctor? | 你说凶手和受害人差不多高,不是吗,医生? |
[15:09] | Well, the area she was killed was on an incline. | 呃,她被杀的地方在斜坡上。 |
[15:11] | In your initial report, | 在你最初的报告中 |
[15:13] | you stated the killer was probably of similar height | 你说凶手和受害人差不多高,是还是不是,医生? |
[15:16] | to the victim. True or false, doctor? | 你说凶手和受害人差不多高,是还是不是,医生? |
[15:18] | True, but I amended that finding. | 是的,但在检查了她被杀处的地形后,我修改了那个研究结论 |
[15:20] | Upon an examination of the terrain | 是的,但在检查了她被杀处的地形后,我修改了那个研究结论 |
[15:22] | where she was killed, | 是的,但在检查了她被杀处的地形后,我修改了那个研究结论 |
[15:23] | it became likely that the killer was | 变成了凶手是站在比受害人较低处的斜坡上 |
[15:25] | standing at a downward slope from the victim. | 变成了凶手是站在比受害人较低处的斜坡上 |
[15:27] | You amended your finding before or after | 你修改你的研究结论 |
[15:31] | the DNA match to my client? | 是在发现DNA和我当事人匹配之前还是之后? |
[15:33] | I believe it was after. | 我想是在那之后。 |
[15:38] | Your doctor again? | 再说一遍你的医生是谁? |
[15:41] | Lefkowitz — Jane Lefkowitz. Lefkowitz。。。Jane Lefkowitz | |
[15:43] | Look, I’m pre-registered. | 听着,我登记过了 |
[15:45] | I’m already in the computer. | 我已经在系统里了 |
[15:46] | -WOMAN: F-r-u-t-t? -Yes, as in Frutt. | -拼成F-r-u-t-t? -是的,Frutt。 |
[15:50] | Listen, I know you’re required by law | 听着,我知道规章要求你尽可能慢一点 |
[15:51] | to be as slow as humanly possible, | 听着,我知道规章要求你尽可能慢一点 |
[15:53] | but she’s in a lot of pain here. | 但她已经够遭罪的了 |
[15:55] | Do you have any drugs on you? | 你手边有点麻药没有? |
[15:57] | Okay, here we go, | 好了,可以了 |
[15:58] | and Dr. Lefkowitz knows that you’re here? | Lefkowitz医生知道你在这儿吗? |
[16:00] | No, we actually thought we’d wait for you to call her. | 不知道,我们还以为我们要等你给她打电话呢 |
[16:02] | -Yes, she’s on her way. -Can I just get something for the pain? | -嗯,她就要来了 -你能给点止疼药吗? |
[16:04] | Can we get her admitted? She’s having a baby. | 能让她住院吗?她要生孩子了 |
[16:06] | Who are you? | 你是谁呀? |
[16:07] | I’m the father. | 我就是那父亲 |
[16:10] | We found the golf club | 我们在车库里一个高尔夫装备包里发现了高尔夫球杆 |
[16:12] | in the golf bag in the garage. | 我们在车库里一个高尔夫装备包里发现了高尔夫球杆 |
[16:14] | Did you dust for fingerprints? | 你提取过指纹吗? |
[16:16] | We did. All the prints matched the defendant. | 我们提取了,所有的指纹都是被告的 |
[16:19] | What about blood? | 血液呢? |
[16:21] | We were able to scrape blood samples | 我们从球杆表面的凹槽里能采到血液样本 |
[16:23] | from inside the grooves on the face of the club. | 我们从球杆表面的凹槽里能采到血液样本 |
[16:25] | DNA tests showed | DNA测试表明那是被害者的 |
[16:27] | a genetic match with the victim. | DNA测试表明那是被害者的 |
[16:29] | So under your theory, detective, | 警探,按照你们的说法, |
[16:30] | the murderer took the weapon home | 凶手把凶器带回家然后就那么放回到他自己的高尔夫包里, |
[16:32] | and just left it in his own golf bag | 凶手把凶器带回家然后就那么放回到他自己的高尔夫包里, |
[16:34] | for it to be discovered? | 为了能被发现? |
[16:36] | I’m sure he thought he had wiped it clean. | 我敢肯定他以为凶器已经被擦干净了。 |
[16:38] | This didn’t seem a little handy? | 这似乎不太方便吧? |
[16:39] | My client was having an affair with the victim. | 我的当事人和受害人有私情 |
[16:42] | If she were to be killed, he would have to know | 如果她被杀了,他肯定知道他会被当成嫌疑犯的 |
[16:44] | that he would be considered a suspect, | 如果她被杀了,他肯定知道他会被当成嫌疑犯的 |
[16:46] | and he’s going to take the weapon home | 他会把带血的凶器带回家放到显眼的地方, |
[16:48] | and leave it in plain sight | 他会把带血的凶器带回家放到显眼的地方, |
[16:50] | for it to be discovered with blood on it? | 就是为了让别人发现吗? |
[16:52] | As I said, he thought it was wiped clean. | 我说了,他以为擦干净了 |
[16:54] | -Was it washed? -No. | -凶器被洗过了吗? -没有 |
[16:57] | -And these blood scrapings, were they microscopic? -No. | -这些血迹是显微镜下的吗? -不是 |
[17:00] | You could see the blood in the grooves. | 你能看见凹槽里的血 |
[17:02] | Yes. | 能 |
[17:04] | So you want us to believe that my client | 那么你想让我们相信 |
[17:06] | put the murder weapon in his own garage, | 我的当事人甚至都没有看一眼上面有没有血迹 |
[17:08] | in the open, without even looking | 就把凶器公开放在自己的车库里吗? |
[17:10] | to see if there was blood on it? | 就把凶器公开放在自己的车库里吗? |
[17:11] | Once again, our theory is that he didn’t clean it | 再说一遍,我们的推测是他以为他清理干净了 |
[17:14] | as well as he thought he had. | 再说一遍,我们的推测是他以为他清理干净了 |
[17:16] | Did you consider the possibility | 你考虑过那根棍子是别人栽赃的可能吗? |
[17:18] | that somebody else planted that club? | 你考虑过那根棍子是别人栽赃的可能吗? |
[17:19] | In the course of a murder investigation, | 在谋杀案的调查过程中, |
[17:21] | we exhaust all possibilities, counsel. | 我们彻底排查了一切可能,律师 |
[17:23] | Did you consider Elena Wharton, | 你们考虑过在那边的名叫Elena Wharton的女人吗? |
[17:25] | that woman over there? | 你们考虑过在那边的名叫Elena Wharton的女人吗? |
[17:27] | We did. We ruled her out. | 考虑过,我们排除了她的可能。 |
[17:29] | She was having an affair with my client. | 她和我的当事人有染 |
[17:31] | -That’s correct. -And he broke it off. | -没错 -而他终止了那段私情 |
[17:33] | -Yes. -Were you able to account | -是的 -你能解释一下谋杀当晚她在哪里吗? |
[17:35] | for her whereabouts on the night of the murder? | 你能解释一下谋杀当晚她在哪里吗? |
[17:36] | She was working late in her law firm. | 她在她的律师事务所工作到很晚 |
[17:38] | Until what time? | 直到什么时候? |
[17:39] | I believe until around 9:00. | 大概是晚上九点 |
[17:40] | -And then? -She went home. | -然后呢? -她回家了 |
[17:43] | Can she account for her whereabouts | 她能解释清楚一整晚她在哪里儿吗? |
[17:45] | for that whole night? | 她能解释清楚一整晚她在哪里儿吗? |
[17:46] | No, but we formed the impression | 不能,但是她给我们的印象是诚实的 |
[17:47] | she was truthful. | 不能,但是她给我们的印象是诚实的 |
[17:49] | When you decided to rule her out as a suspect, | 当你们排除她的嫌疑时,是基于一种判断,不对吗,警探先生? |
[17:51] | that was a judgment, wasn’t it, detective? | 当你们排除她的嫌疑时,是基于一种判断,不对吗,警探先生? |
[17:53] | You couldn’t possibly exclude her | 你没有真凭实据排除她的嫌疑,是吗? |
[17:55] | with evidence, could you? | 你没有真凭实据排除她的嫌疑,是吗? |
[17:56] | It was a judgment | 这是一个由四位加起来有100年综合经验的不同调查员 |
[17:58] | made by four different investigators | 这是一个由加起来有100年经验的四位不同的调查员 |
[18:00] | with over 100 years of combined experience. | 做出的判断。 |
[18:02] | You couldn’t possibly exclude her | 你没有实物证据来排除她的嫌疑,是吗? |
[18:04] | with physical evidence, could you? | 你没有实物证据来排除她的嫌疑,是吗? |
[18:07] | No. | 是的 |
[18:21] | They’re going to plan “B” the mistress. | 他们打算对那个情妇实施B计划 |
[18:23] | I should have guessed it. | 我应该能猜到的 |
[18:25] | Well, they’re not going to come off | 他们试图去指控她是会很不招人喜欢的 |
[18:27] | very sympathetic trying to accuse her. | 他们试图去指控她是会很不招人喜欢的 |
[18:28] | This is what they do, Susan. | 他们就在这样做,Susan |
[18:30] | They don’t care how sympathetic they come off. | 他们才不关心如何表现得招人喜欢呢 |
[18:32] | When they get desperate, this is what they do. | 当他们走投无路的时候,他们就会这么干 |
[18:34] | Well, we may have to call her now | 那现在我们也许该现在就传唤她, |
[18:36] | to refute the idea. | 驳倒那个观点 |
[18:39] | So who’s next? | 谁是下一个? |
[18:41] | Their forensic expert, then they should rest. | 他们的法医专家,然后他们应该就举证结束了 |
[18:44] | We’ll put up Raymond, get in his denial, | 我们先让Raymond出庭作证否认有罪 |
[18:46] | then call the ice queen. | 然后就传唤他他太太 |
[18:47] | Why would she agree to testify for him? | 她为什么会同意为他作证呢? |
[18:50] | Come on. | 说说看。 |
[18:51] | Either because she believed me– | 要么是她相信我。。。 |
[18:53] | that he could possibly be innocent– | 说的他可能是无辜的。。。 |
[18:56] | or she’s planning to betray him. | 要么就是她打算出卖他 |
[19:00] | Your guess is as good as mine. | 你和我想法是一样的。 |
[19:04] | How’s it going? | 怎么样了? |
[19:06] | So far, okay. | 目前为止,还好 |
[19:07] | Ellenor’s in labor. | Ellenor在生孩子 |
[19:08] | -What? -She is? | -什么? -她在? |
[19:10] | Everything is fine. | 一切都正常。 |
[19:11] | She’s at the hospital and Helen’s with her. | 她在医院,Helen陪着她 |
[19:13] | She doesn’t want a crowd. | 她不想去一堆人 |
[19:15] | But everything’s okay? | 但一切都好吧? |
[19:16] | Everything’s completely fine. | 一切都很好 |
[19:23] | We began having a sexual relationship | 在她死前三个月,我们发生了性关系 |
[19:25] | about three months prior to her death. | 在她死前三个月,我们发生了性关系 |
[19:28] | Mr. Littlefield– | Littlefield先生。。。 |
[19:30] | your 16-year-old stepdaughter. | 你的16岁继女 |
[19:33] | I won’t try to excuse it. | 我不想为此申辩。 |
[19:35] | I was guilty of… despicable judgment. | 我是有罪的。。。可耻的念头 |
[19:39] | Are you aware | 你知道大多数人都认为你道德败坏吗? |
[19:40] | that most people find you depraved? | 你知道大多数人都认为你道德败坏吗? |
[19:43] | I suppose I am depraved, but… | 我想我是道德败坏的,但。。。 |
[19:48] | I did not kill Fiona. | 我没有杀Fiona。 |
[19:51] | Can you account for how she was killed | 你能解释一下她怎么会死于你的高尔夫球杆? |
[19:53] | with one of your golf clubs? | 你能解释一下她怎么会死于你的高尔夫球杆? |
[19:55] | No. | 我解释不了 |
[19:57] | She had a lot of drug acquaintances– | 她有很多吸毒的熟人。。。 |
[19:59] | I wouldn’t call them friends– | 我不想称他们为她的朋友。。。 |
[20:01] | and some of them came to the house. | 他们中的一些人来过我家 |
[20:03] | Maybe one of them– | 也许其中一个。。。 |
[20:05] | I don’t really know. | 我真的不知道 |
[20:07] | All I can say– I was home that evening. | 我能说的就是。。。我当晚在家, |
[20:11] | I never left. I did not kill her. | 我从没出过门,我没有杀她。 |
[20:14] | Traces of semen found on her | 她身上发现的精液痕迹基因测试与你吻合 |
[20:16] | were genetically matched to you. | 她身上发现的精液痕迹基因测试与你吻合 |
[20:19] | It had to be old semen, | 那一定是以前留下的精液 |
[20:20] | because I didn’t make love to her that day. | 因为我当天没有和她做过爱 |
[20:22] | Can you account for how it got there? | 你能解释精液是怎么留在那儿的吗? |
[20:24] | No. | 不能 |
[20:26] | Is somebody trying to frame you, Mr. Littlefield? | 是有人试图陷害你吗,Littlefield先生? |
[20:28] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚。 |
[20:30] | All I do know is what I’ve already told you. | 我知道的都已经告诉你了 |
[20:32] | I did not kill Fiona. | 我没有杀Fiona。 |
[20:34] | Her blood may be on my golf club, | 她的血迹是在我的高尔夫球杆上, |
[20:36] | my semen may have been found on her, | 我的精液或许也在她身上发现 |
[20:39] | but I didn’t kill her. | 但我没有杀她 |
[20:50] | How many times did you sleep with her? | 你和她上过多少次床? |
[20:52] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[20:55] | More than 10? | 超过十次? |
[20:56] | Probably. | 可能吧 |
[20:58] | More than 20? | 超过20次? |
[20:59] | I don’t know. | 我说不清 |
[21:00] | More than 30? | 超过30次? |
[21:01] | It’s possible. | 可能吧 |
[21:03] | Your 16-year-old stepdaughter. | 你的16岁继女 |
[21:05] | I didn’t kill her. | 我没有杀她 |
[21:07] | Yes, and you also maintained vehemently | 嗯,你曾矢口否认你和她上过床,不是吗,先生? |
[21:10] | that you didn’t sleep with her, didn’t you, sir? | 嗯,你曾矢口否认你和她上过床,不是吗,先生? |
[21:12] | -Yes. -That was a lie, wasn’t it, sir? | -是的 -那是在撒谎,不是吗,先生? |
[21:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:16] | You lied to the police, | 你跟警察撒谎 |
[21:18] | lied to your wife, everybody, | 跟你的太太撒谎,跟所有人撒谎 |
[21:19] | until they identified your semen on the corpse. | 直到在尸体上发现了你的精液 |
[21:22] | Then you decided to be truthful. | 然后你决定说实话了。 |
[21:24] | Obviously, I wasn’t proud | 显然,我并不以和我的继女有染为荣 |
[21:26] | of having an affair with my stepdaughter. | 显然,我并不以和我的继女有染为荣 |
[21:27] | Are you proud of killing her? | 你以杀了她为荣吗? |
[21:29] | I didn’t kill her. | 我没有杀她。 |
[21:30] | Help us out, Mr. Littlefield. Who did? | Littlefield先生,帮我们一把,是谁干的呢? |
[21:31] | -Objection! -Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 |
[21:33] | You just happened to be home alone | 你继女被谋杀的那天晚上。你刚好一个人在家 |
[21:35] | the night that your stepdaughter was murdered. | 你继女被谋杀的那天晚上。你刚好一个人在家 |
[21:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:38] | There’s nobody who can verify | 没人能证明你从未离开过家? |
[21:40] | that you never left your house? | 没人能证明你从未离开过家? |
[21:41] | No. | 是的 |
[21:43] | And your semen just happened to be on her. | 而你的精液却刚好在她身上。 |
[21:45] | When was the last time | 你最后一次看到你的继女是什么时候,Littlefield先生? |
[21:47] | you saw your daughter, Mr. Littlefield? | 你最后一次看到你的继女是什么时候,Littlefield先生? |
[21:49] | That morning, when she left for school. | 当天早上,她那时要上学去 |
[21:51] | -Never saw her again. -No. | -再没见过她了 -是的 |
[21:53] | She had swim practice that day, didn’t she? | 她当天有游泳训练,不是吗? |
[21:56] | Yes. | 是有 |
[21:57] | And how did your semen | 那在她游泳训练后,你的精液怎么会在她身上? |
[21:59] | manage to get on her after swim practice? | 那在她游泳训练后,你的精液怎么会在她身上? |
[22:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:04] | You don’t know? | 你不知道? |
[22:11] | Nothing further. | 没有要问的了 |
[22:28] | He actually did okay. | 他做得确实不错 |
[22:30] | You think? | 你真那么觉得? |
[22:32] | I’m not saying the jury liked him, | 我不是说陪审团会喜欢他 |
[22:34] | but he held tough | 但他很坚决地否认杀了她。 |
[22:35] | on the denial of killing her. | 但他很坚决地否认杀了她。 |
[22:38] | Is there any chance you can win this | 你有机会凭合理怀疑这个要素赢下这个案子吗? |
[22:39] | on the elements– reasonable doubt? | 你有机会凭合理怀疑这个要素赢下这个案子吗? |
[22:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[22:45] | Look, if you can avoid plan “B,” | 听着,如果你能不用B计划,就别用。 |
[22:47] | then do it. | 听着,如果你能不用B计划,就别用。 |
[22:48] | It’s too risky. If you fail, you’re done. | 这太冒险了,如果你失败了,就结束了。 |
[22:51] | I mean, if there’s even a shot at reasonable doubt, then– | 我是或,如果哪怕是存在一丝合理怀疑的可能,那就。。。 |
[22:53] | I just– | 我真是。。。 |
[22:54] | he’s a statutory rapist. | 他是一个法定强奸犯, |
[22:56] | The blood was on his club. | 他的球杆上有血迹 |
[22:59] | He did sleep with her, and… | 他和她上过床,而且。。。 |
[23:02] | And Kate Littlefield won’t be easy. | 但Kate Littlefield不好对付, |
[23:04] | If we go after her and don’t get her, | 如果我们针对她,但又不能搞定她 |
[23:07] | it’s over. | 就全完了 |
[23:08] | I just don’t feel like we got reasonable doubt. | 我真的是觉得我们找不到合理怀疑 |
[23:12] | I just don’t feel it. | 我就是觉得找不到。 |
[23:16] | Jimmy? | Jimmy,你呢? |
[23:18] | Me neither. | 我也一样 |
[23:21] | Well, like Jimmy said, | 那好吧,如Jimmy所言, |
[23:25] | if you go after her, you better get her. | 如果你要针对她,你最好能搞定她 |
[23:36] | Why isn’t anything happening? | 为什么啥事也没有? |
[23:38] | -Helen. -Oh, come on, it’s been 24 hours. -Helen。 | -噢,快点吧,已经24个小时了 |
[23:41] | Helen. | |
[23:42] | I want to break your water. It’ll accelerate things. | 我要弄破你的羊水,这会加快分娩 |
[23:45] | Isn’t it supposed to break on its own? | 不是应该自己破的吗? |
[23:46] | Well, usually, yes, | 通常情况是这样。 |
[23:47] | but we could wait. | 我们也可以等下去 |
[23:50] | More of this? No, thank you. | 还要等?那不必了。 |
[23:52] | You– You’re breaking her water? | 你。。。你要弄破她的羊水? |
[23:53] | This shouldn’t hurt. | 应该不会疼的 |
[23:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:57] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[24:00] | There we go. | 开始了 |
[24:02] | (monitor beeping) | |
[24:07] | Baby’s in decel. | |
[24:08] | -The cord’s compressed. -What? | -脐带压迫 -什么? |
[24:10] | Carol, fluid bolus, terbutaline, please. | Carol,静脉团注,肾上腺素 |
[24:12] | Okay, Ellenor, I want you on your side. | Ellenor,我要你翻过身去 |
[24:13] | -What’s going on? -Give us a hand. | -怎么回事? -把手递给我 |
[24:15] | -What is wrong? -The baby’s not getting the oxygen she needs. | -出什么问题了? -胎儿缺氧 |
[24:17] | Oh, my God! | 噢,天呀! |
[24:18] | We’re okay. I just want to see if the baby | 没事的。我们只是想看看这种体位是不是对胎儿好些。 |
[24:20] | likes this position a little better. | 没事的。我们只是想看看这种体位是不是对胎儿好些。 |
[24:22] | -Well, what if she doesn’t? -Just give it a sec. | -那如果对她不好呢 -就这样试一下 |
[24:24] | The baby can’t breathe? | 胎儿无法呼吸? |
[24:31] | I’ll just ask a few questions | 我只会问几个问题 |
[24:33] | like we talked about, then I’ll be done. | 就像我们谈过的那些,然后就完事了 |
[24:35] | It’s basically just to demonstrate | 基本上就是向陪审团证明你会站在他那边 |
[24:37] | to the jury that you’ll be with him. | 基本上就是向陪审团证明你会站在他那边 |
[24:41] | Which I’m not, necessarily. | 我肯定不是那样的 |
[24:44] | Kate, you’ll be under oath. | Kate,你要宣誓的,如实回答即可 |
[24:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:50] | Go ahead. I’ll meet you in there. | 先去吧,我会到法庭上找你 |
[25:01] | You going to go after her on direct? | 你在直询时就针对她吗? |
[25:03] | No, I’ll wait till after cross. | 不,我会等到交叉盘问后 |
[25:05] | What about Jenny? | Jenny呢? |
[25:06] | I made sure she won’t be in the room. | 我确信她不会在法庭上 |
[25:08] | I told her we just need her back for closings. | 我跟她说过只需要她在结案陈词的时候回来 |
[25:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[25:12] | Showtime. | 好戏开演了 |
[25:14] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢? |
[25:16] | Maybe she is taking the stand to bury him. | 没准儿她站出来毁了他 |
[25:18] | That would be nice. | 那就好了 |
[25:24] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样? |
[25:25] | There’s been some complications | 脐带有些问题 |
[25:27] | with the umbilical cord. | 脐带有些问题 |
[25:28] | What? | 什么? |
[25:30] | Is she okay? | 她没事吧? |
[25:32] | (monitor beeping) | |
[25:46] | Heart rate’s back up. | 心率恢复了 |
[25:48] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[25:50] | I want you to lay on your side like this, | 我要你像这样侧着身 |
[25:52] | She likes this position better. | 看样子这样对她好些 |
[25:54] | Page the anesthesiologist. | 呼一下麻醉师 |
[25:55] | Could you tell me what’s going on? | 你能告诉我怎么回事吗? |
[25:57] | The cord was wrapped around the baby’s neck. | 脐带缠在孩子的脖子上 |
[25:59] | Then do a C-section. Get the baby out. | 那就做刨妇产,把孩子弄出来 |
[26:01] | Well, I don’t think Ellenor should | 如果我们能有办法的话,Ellenor不应再做一次手术 |
[26:03] | undergo another procedure if we can help it. | 如果我们能有办法的话,Ellenor不应再做一次手术 |
[26:06] | Just save the baby. | 保住孩子就好 |
[26:08] | What I’d like to try | 我们要试一下一种叫做羊膜腔内灌注的方法 |
[26:09] | is something called amnioinfusion. | 我们要试一下一种叫做羊膜腔内灌注的方法 |
[26:11] | Basically, we fill your uterus up with water, | 其实就是让你的子宫充满水 |
[26:14] | try and float the baby into a better position. | 试着让胎儿浮起来找到一个较好的胎位 |
[26:16] | I don’t care what you do. | 我不管你做什么 |
[26:19] | You save the baby. | 你要保住孩子 |
[26:20] | I want to save you both. | 我要保住你们俩。 |
[26:31] | I was sure he didn’t do it. | 我确信不是他干的 |
[26:33] | Why were you so sure? | 你为什么这么肯定呢? |
[26:35] | Because I know Raymond. He’s a peaceful man. | 因为我了解Raymond,他是一个挺平和的人 |
[26:38] | The idea that he would ever take a golf club and– | 说到他会拿着高尔夫球杆去。。。 |
[26:41] | I just couldn’t conceive | 我就是不能相信他能这样做 |
[26:43] | that he could ever be capable of that. | 我就是不能相信他能这样做 |
[26:46] | Have you ever known him | 你知道他曾用暴力对待你的女儿吗? |
[26:47] | to act violently toward your daughter? | 你知道他曾用暴力对待你的女儿吗? |
[26:49] | No, I haven’t. | 不,我不知道 |
[26:51] | On the days leading up to your daughter’s death, | 在你女儿死亡几天前,Raymond说过或者做过什么 |
[26:53] | did Raymond say or do anything | 在你女儿死亡几天前,Raymond说过或者做过什么 |
[26:55] | to suggest that he intended to harm your daughter? | 暗示他有意伤害你的女儿吗? |
[26:57] | No. | 没有 |
[27:00] | Thank you, Mrs. Littlefield. | Littlefield太太,谢谢你 |
[27:04] | Is he kidding? | 他这是开玩笑吗? |
[27:07] | What else could he really ask? | 他还有什么别的可问吗? |
[27:09] | Why call her? | 那为什么传唤她? |
[27:10] | Ms. Alexander? | Alexander女士? |
[27:11] | Mrs. Littlefield… | Littlefield太太。。。 |
[27:16] | Could you ever conceive that your husband | 你能想象到你的丈夫会多次地 |
[27:19] | would repeatedly commit statutory rape | 对你的女儿实施法定强奸吗? |
[27:22] | against your daughter? | 对你的女儿实施法定强奸吗? |
[27:24] | No. | 没有 |
[27:25] | So then, obviously, | 那么,很显然, |
[27:26] | you didn’t know him like you thought, did you? | 你并不像你以为的那样了解他,是吗? |
[27:28] | No. | 是的 |
[27:30] | And after his semen was found on your daughter, | 当在你女儿身上发现他的精液后, |
[27:33] | are you still convinced that he didn’t kill her, | 你还相信不是他杀了你女儿吗,Littlefield女士? |
[27:36] | Mrs. Littlefield? | 你还相信不是他杀了你女儿吗,Littlefield女士? |
[27:40] | Mrs. Littlefield, | Littlefield女士 |
[27:41] | are you still convinced of your husband’s innocence? | 你还相信你丈夫是无辜的吗? |
[27:44] | Yes or no. | 是还是不是。 |
[27:51] | No. | 不相信了 |
[27:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:55] | Yes, thank you. | 好,谢谢你了。 |
[27:59] | Mr. Donnell, redirect? | Donnell先生,还需要再次直询吗? |
[28:06] | Mr. Donnell? | Donnell先生? |
[28:21] | Mrs. Littlefield… | Littlefield太太。。。 |
[28:25] | where were you the night your daughter was murdered? | 你女儿被杀当晚你在哪里? |
[28:28] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么? |
[28:29] | Permission to treat the witness as hostile. | 请将证人列为敌意证人 |
[28:31] | What’s going on? There’s no foundation. | 怎么回事?凭什么呀 |
[28:32] | She’s not on trial here. | 又不是她在这里受审。 |
[28:34] | Your honor, I’d like to be able to cross-examine this witness. | 法官大人,我想能交叉盘问这位证人 |
[28:36] | Objection! | 反对! |
[28:37] | This is a murder trial. | 这是谋杀案审判 |
[28:38] | I should be allowed a wide latitude | 我应被许可最大范围地对这名证人进行审查 |
[28:40] | to examine this witness. | 我应被许可最大范围地对这名证人进行审查 |
[28:42] | I’m not sure where you’re headed, | 我搞不清你有什么打算 |
[28:43] | but go ahead. | 但你继续吧 |
[28:45] | Where were you the night of the murder, Mrs. Littlefield? | 谋杀案发当晚你在哪里,Littlefield太太? |
[28:48] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[28:50] | I’d like you to answer my question. | 我想请你回答我的问题 |
[28:51] | (sighs) I was at a school board meeting | 我参加一个Fiona和enny所在学校的校董会议 |
[28:54] | for Fiona and Jenny’s school. | 我参加一个Fiona和enny所在学校的校董会议 |
[28:56] | You left at what time? | 什么时间离开的? |
[28:57] | Around 9:00, maybe a little later. | 差不多是九点,或许还晚些 |
[29:00] | -Came home when? -A little bit before 10:00. | -什么时候回到家的? -十点前一点 |
[29:03] | Can anybody verify that you went directly home? | 有谁可以证实你是直接回家的? |
[29:05] | Are you suggesting that I’m involved in my daughter’s– | 你是在暗示说我参与了我女儿的。。。 |
[29:07] | Can anybody verify you went directly home? | 有谁可以证实你是直接回家的? |
[29:14] | Raymond was asleep when I got home. | 我回家时Raymond已经睡下了 |
[29:16] | -So the answer is no. -I object. | -所以答案是没有 -我反对。 |
[29:18] | Overruled. | 反对被驳回 |
[29:20] | What was your relationship with your daughter Fiona | 当你女儿死前的那段时间,你和Fiona的关系如何? |
[29:21] | at the time of her death? | 当你女儿死前的那段时间,你和Fiona的关系如何? |
[29:23] | Your honor– | 法官大人。。。 |
[29:24] | Mrs. Littlefield, please answer the question. | Littlefield太太,请回答问题。 |
[29:27] | Was your relationship with Fiona | 当你女儿死前的那段时间,你和Fiona的关系很疏远吗? |
[29:29] | estranged at the time of her death? | 当你女儿死前的那段时间,你和Fiona的关系很疏远吗? |
[29:31] | I wouldn’t call it estranged, no. | 不,我不会称之为疏远 |
[29:34] | So if your husband and your daughter Jenny | 那么如果你丈夫和你女儿Jenny称之为疏远是错误的吗? |
[29:36] | called it estranged, they would be mistaken? | 那么如果你丈夫和你女儿Jenny称之为疏远是错误的吗? |
[29:38] | No, Fiona and I had our problems. So what? | 不是,Fiona和我是有些矛盾,那又怎么样? |
[29:41] | In fact, her drug problems, her drug friends | 实际上,她的毒瘾,她的吸毒朋友 |
[29:42] | threatened your social standing, didn’t it? | 威胁到了你的社会地位,不是吗? |
[29:45] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[29:47] | Your testimony suddenly and conveniently | 你的证词突兀且随意,似乎是在谴责你的丈夫 |
[29:48] | seemed to damn your husband. | 你的证词突兀且随意,似乎是在谴责你的丈夫 |
[29:49] | That was a bit of a surprise. | 真是令人有些惊讶 |
[29:51] | Did you pretend to be supporting him | 你是假装支持他以便使我们让你出庭作证, |
[29:53] | so we would put you up there | 你是假装支持他以便使我们让你出庭作证, |
[29:55] | where you could then torpedo him? | 从而你就可以彻底使他完蛋吗? |
[29:56] | -Objection! -What? | -反对! -什么?! |
[29:57] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[29:58] | Upon Fiona’s death, you became sole beneficiary | Fiona一死,你就成为一份二百万美元 信托的唯一受益人,不是吗? |
[30:01] | of a $2 million trust, didn’t you? | Fiona一死,你就成为一份二百万美元 信托的唯一受益人,不是吗? |
[30:02] | I am wealthy | 不算那个信托,我也非常富有,Donnell先生 |
[30:04] | exclusive of that trust, Mr. Donnell. | 不算那个信托,我也非常富有,Donnell先生 |
[30:06] | You’re wealthy, or your husband is? | 是你富有,还是你丈夫富有? |
[30:08] | We are. We’re married. | 是我们,我们是夫妻。 |
[30:09] | Yes, and if you got divorced, | 没错,但如果你们离婚了 |
[30:11] | you would lose half that estate, wouldn’t you? | 你会损失一半财产,不对吗? |
[30:13] | Objection! | 反对! |
[30:14] | By sending Mr. Littlefield off to prison, | 通过把Littlefield先生送去坐牢, |
[30:16] | you could technically stay married, | 你可以从技术上保持婚姻关系, |
[30:18] | keep all the money, and not have to live with him. | 占有所有财产,还可以不用和他一起生活。 |
[30:19] | That works out well, doesn’t it? | 算盘打得不错,不是吗? |
[30:20] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 你是在跟我开玩笑吧。 |
[30:22] | You’re a smart lady, Kate. I should have figured it out. | Kate,你是个很精明的女士,我应该能想到的。 |
[30:24] | -Objection! -Sustained. | -反对! -反对有效 |
[30:26] | You found out about your husband having an affair | Kate,你发现了你丈夫和Elena Wharton有外遇,不是吗? |
[30:28] | with Elena Wharton, didn’t you, Kate? | Kate,你发现了你丈夫和Elena Wharton有外遇,不是吗? |
[30:30] | -So what? -And you were furious. | -那又怎么样 -你很生气 |
[30:32] | Then you found out he was sleeping with Fiona. | 而后你又发现他和Fiona上床 |
[30:34] | -Objection! -Overruled. | -反对 -反对无效 |
[30:36] | You made love to your husband | 你和你丈夫在谋杀发生的前一天做爱 |
[30:37] | the day before the murder. | 你和你丈夫在谋杀发生的前一天做爱 |
[30:39] | That’s how you got the semen. | 那就是你如何弄到精液的 |
[30:40] | Then you planted it on your daughter | 然后你在杀了你女儿后,把精液弄到她的身上 |
[30:43] | after you killed her. | 然后你在杀了你女儿后,把精液弄到她的身上 |
[30:44] | Objection! | 反对! |
[30:45] | -You tried to frame him. -Your honor! | -你试图要陷害他 -法官大人 |
[30:47] | -Mr. Donnell– -Which is what you’re doing with your testimony. | -Donnell先生。。。 -那就是你的证词要达到的目的 |
[30:50] | Did you do it, Kate? | 是你干的吗,Kate? |
[30:51] | Mr. Littlefield! | Littlefield先生! |
[30:52] | Did you kill her? | 是你杀了她吗? |
[30:53] | Mr. Littlefield, sit down! | Littlefield先生,坐下! |
[31:10] | It does seem to be the question, Mrs. Littlefield. | Littlefield太太,这似乎就是个问题 |
[31:17] | Did you kill your daughter? | 你杀了你的女儿吗? |
[31:19] | You’re disgusting, Mr. Donnell. | 你真让你恶心,Donnell先生。 |
[31:22] | Are you avoiding the question? | 你在回避这个问题吗? |
[31:25] | No, I did not kill my daughter. | 不,我没有杀自己的女儿, |
[31:29] | He did. | 是他干的 |
[31:39] | Could she have committed the murder? | 可能是她实施的谋杀吗? |
[31:41] | What is the motive? | 动机是什么? |
[31:42] | What about the daughters, Mr. Donnell? | 关于他们的女儿呢,Donnell先生? |
[31:44] | What is it, Mr. Donnell? If she’s guilty… | 这是怎么回事,Donnell先生?如果她有罪。。。 |
[31:47] | Did I go far enough? | 我做足了吗? |
[31:49] | I think so. I mean, there wasn’t anything else | 我认为是的,我是说,也没有什么别可攻击她了 |
[31:51] | to go after her with. | 我认为是的,我是说,也没有什么别可攻击她了 |
[31:53] | We rattled her, anyway. I wasn’t sure we would. | 不管怎样,我们把她吓坏了,我不敢肯定。 |
[31:57] | (exhales) Wow. | 哇呜。 |
[31:59] | Yeah. | 是呀 |
[32:01] | So, what now? | 那么,现在呢? |
[32:03] | I doubt they’ll re-cross. | 我怀疑他们要再次交叉盘问。 |
[32:05] | They may have a couple of clean-up witnesses, | 他们可能有几个辩白证人, |
[32:07] | then it’s closing arguments. | 然后就是结案陈词了。 |
[32:09] | We take what we just tried to manufacture | 我们利用刚刚制造出来的疑点并尽可能就此去论辩 |
[32:11] | and argue it as best we can. | 我们利用刚刚制造出来的疑点并尽可能就此去论辩 |
[32:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:15] | Nice touch, Raymond. | Raymond,你手法不错 |
[32:20] | Getting up like that. | 像那样跳起来 |
[32:21] | I didn’t know you were such a good actor. | 我没想料到你还是个好演员呢。 |
[32:33] | They had to fill up her uterus? | 他们得用水填满她的子宫? |
[32:35] | They’re trying to swish the baby around | 他们试图让胎儿浮动起来 |
[32:38] | -into a better position. -Is it working? | -找到一个舒服的体位 -管用吗? |
[32:40] | They don’t know. | 他们还不清楚 |
[32:42] | Eugene? | |
[32:44] | Ellenor. | |
[32:46] | I’m here, too, Ellenor. | 我也在这儿,Ellenor |
[32:48] | She’s labored down. | 她很吃力 |
[32:50] | Okay, then. Let’s get you on your back, | 好吧,我们让你躺平了 |
[32:52] | see if the infusion worked. | 看看灌注是不是有效果了 |
[32:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[32:56] | (groans) | |
[33:00] | It’s time to push, Ellenor. | 可以生了,Ellenor |
[33:02] | She’s okay? | 她没问题吧? |
[33:04] | Who’s ever staying, stay. Everybody else, out. | 刚才呆在屋里的,留下来,其他的人,出去吧 |
[33:12] | Why would he take the murder weapon | 他为什么把没有擦洗的谋杀凶器带回自己家插到高尔夫包里? |
[33:14] | back to his own house, | 他为什么把没有擦洗的谋杀凶器带回自己家插到高尔夫包里? |
[33:16] | not even wash it, | 他为什么把没有擦洗的谋杀凶器带回自己家插到高尔夫包里? |
[33:18] | stick it in his golf bag? | 他为什么把没有擦洗的谋杀凶器带回自己家插到高尔夫包里? |
[33:20] | Come on. This man was framed. | 得了吧,这人是被陷害的 |
[33:24] | The blood was left there on purpose. | 血迹是故意留在那里的 |
[33:28] | Who had access to that golf club, | 先生们女士们,谁可以接近那根高尔夫球杆? |
[33:29] | ladies and gentlemen? | 先生们女士们,谁可以接近那根高尔夫球杆? |
[33:31] | Who was in a position to get a semen sample? | 谁有条件得到精液样本? |
[33:35] | The woman who was estranged from the victim. | 是那个和被害人关系疏远的女人 |
[33:38] | The woman who would inherit $2 million | 是那个被害人死后可以继承二百万美元信托的女人 |
[33:41] | upon the victim’s death. | 是那个被害人死后可以继承二百万美元信托的女人 |
[33:42] | The woman who would get three times that much | 是那个如果她独享她丈夫的资产就可以获得三倍财富的女人 |
[33:45] | if she got sole control over her husband’s estate, | 是那个如果她独享她丈夫的资产就可以获得三倍财富的女人 |
[33:48] | and what better way to do that than to frame him for a crime | 还有比通过陷害他从而把他送进监狱终身服刑更好的办法吗? |
[33:53] | that would give him a life sentence in prison? | 还有比通过陷害他从而把他送进监狱终身服刑更好的办法吗? |
[33:56] | She did it. | 是她干的 |
[33:57] | She had no alibi for at least an hour that night. | 她在当晚至少有一个小时没有不在现场证明 |
[34:01] | The initial coroner’s report said that the killer | 验尸官最初的报告说凶手和被害者身高相仿 |
[34:04] | was the same height as the victim. | 验尸官最初的报告说凶手和被害者身高相仿 |
[34:06] | She did it. | 是她干的 |
[34:08] | She had opportunity, motive. | 她有条件和动机。 |
[34:11] | Kate Littlefield committed this crime. | Kate Littlefield犯下了这桩罪行 |
[34:14] | She endured her husband having an affair | 她忍受了她丈夫和Elena Wharton的外遇 |
[34:17] | with Elena Wharton, | 她忍受了她丈夫和Elena Wharton的外遇 |
[34:18] | then when she discovered | 然后当她发现他和自己的女儿上床时 |
[34:20] | he was sleeping with her daughter, | 然后当她发现他和自己的女儿上床时 |
[34:23] | she would not endure that. | 她忍无可忍了 |
[34:25] | Raymond didn’t suspect her. Who could? | Raymond没有怀疑她,谁又会呢? |
[34:28] | His own wife? | 他自己的太太? |
[34:29] | The victim’s mother? | 被害人的母亲? |
[34:32] | But as she sat up in that witness chair, | 但当她坐到证人席上, |
[34:36] | pretending to be testifying for him, | 假意为他作证, |
[34:39] | then only quickly to cave and sink him on cross, | 在交叉盘问中突然给他一记闷棍 |
[34:43] | it hit me. | 在交叉盘问中突然给他一记闷棍 |
[34:45] | She even went so far | 她竟然做出了把自己塑造成理想辩护证人的事来 |
[34:47] | as to set herself up as the ideal defense witness. | 她竟然做出了把自己塑造成理想辩护证人的事来 |
[34:50] | She is smart, ladies and gentlemen– | 她太精明了,女士们先生们。。。 |
[34:54] | maybe smart enough to get away with murder. | 也许精明到足以逃脱谋杀罪 |
[35:00] | It’s preposterous. That’s all I can say. | 这是极其荒谬的,我只能这么说了 |
[35:04] | He’s admitted he’s been sleeping with her. | 他承认了和她上过床 |
[35:06] | She’s found dead with his semen on her. | 她的尸体上有他的精液 |
[35:09] | The murder weapon is his golf club, | 谋杀凶器是他的高尔夫球杆 |
[35:12] | and defense counsel, | 辩方律师意识到针对他的当事人有这么多无可辩驳的不利证据 |
[35:14] | recognizing how insurmountable the evidence is | 辩方律师意识到针对他的当事人有这么多无可辩驳的不利证据 |
[35:16] | against his client, | 辩方律师意识到针对他的当事人有这么多无可辩驳的不利证据 |
[35:18] | has concocted this ridiculous tale. | 于是编造了这个荒谬的故事 |
[35:21] | The absurdity of it would be comical | 这种荒谬如果不是损人利己的话,那也是非常滑稽的 |
[35:23] | if it weren’t so cynical, | 这种荒谬如果不是损人利己的话,那也是非常滑稽的 |
[35:26] | and, yes, depraved. | 或者说,对,是邪恶的 |
[35:27] | As a ploy to rustle up some doubt, | 作为一种搞到一些疑点的手法, |
[35:30] | they employ this Pearl Harbor attack | 他们对被害人的母亲发动了这次突袭 |
[35:33] | against the mother of the victim. | 他们对被害人的母亲发动了这次突袭 |
[35:35] | These lawyers have done this before. | 这些律师已经就干过这样的事 |
[35:38] | Objection! | 反对! |
[35:40] | Sustained. Argue the case, Ms. Alexander, | 反对有效,Alexander女士,要针对案情,而不是对方律师 |
[35:42] | not the attorneys. | 反对有效,Alexander女士,要针对案情,而不是对方律师 |
[35:44] | The case is this man raped his 16-year-old stepdaughter, | 案情就是这个人强奸了他十六岁的继女 |
[35:50] | and then he murdered her. | 并杀害了她。 |
[35:55] | 3, 4, 5, push! | 3,4,5,用力! |
[35:59] | Oh, you’re doing great. You’re doing great. | 噢,你做得很好,很棒 |
[36:00] | No, I’m not! | 不,我不行了! |
[36:02] | -Yes, you are. -Keep going. | -行,你行的 -继续。 |
[36:04] | -How long do these things last? -Will you please? | -这要多久呀? -能别问了吗? |
[36:07] | Oh, you’re doing great. | 噢,你做得很棒 |
[36:08] | Okay, okay. | 好的,好的。 |
[36:10] | (knock on door) | |
[36:13] | What’s up? Ex parte? | 怎么回事?只有我吗? |
[36:16] | Are you worried about being unethical, Bobby? | Bobby,你担心这不符合道德标准吗? |
[36:23] | Close the door. | 关上门 |
[36:30] | I’m going to assume you have a good-faith belief | 我会假设你是真的相信这位妻子可能就是凶手 |
[36:33] | that the wife might possibly be the killer. | 我会假设你是真的相信这位妻子可能就是凶手 |
[36:36] | I do. | 我确实是这样想的 |
[36:38] | I’m also going to assume | 我也会假设当你把她作为你的证人传唤出庭时 |
[36:40] | that when you called her to the stand | 我也会假设当你把她作为你的证人传唤出庭时 |
[36:43] | as your witness, | 我也会假设当你把她作为你的证人传唤出庭时 |
[36:44] | she had absolutely no idea | 她绝对不知道你给她准备了什么。 |
[36:46] | what you had in store for her. | 她绝对不知道你给她准备了什么。 |
[36:49] | You and I disagree a lot, Bobby, | 你和我很多时候意见不一致,Bobby |
[36:52] | but underneath all our disputes | 但在我们所有的争执甚至是偶尔发怒之下 |
[36:55] | and even our occasional anger, | 但在我们所有的争执甚至是偶尔发怒之下 |
[36:57] | there’s always been a respect. | 总还是彼此尊重的。 |
[37:03] | I no longer respect you, Bobby. | 我不再尊重你了,Bobby |
[37:10] | I tell you this not because I don’t like you, | 我跟你说这个,并不是因为我不喜欢你了, |
[37:14] | but rather because I do. | 而恰恰是因为我喜欢你。 |
[37:16] | I always have, and I know you know that. | 我一直是这样的,而且我知道你明白这一点 |
[37:25] | There’s no dignity in the way you practice law. | 你执业的方式没有自尊可言了 |
[37:29] | Your ethical compass has become so skewed | 你的道德指向标已经变得如此倾斜 |
[37:32] | that you recently found yourself on trial | 你最近发觉你自己受到了重罪谋杀的审判 |
[37:34] | for felony murder | 你最近发觉你自己受到了重罪谋杀的审判 |
[37:36] | for which you, quite rightly, | 对此,你完全应该被判有罪 |
[37:38] | should have been convicted. | 对此,你完全应该被判有罪 |
[37:40] | Frankly, I don’t know | 坦白地说,我现在不知道 |
[37:42] | what was more despicable today– | 哪一样更卑鄙。。。 |
[37:44] | what you did | 是你所做的,还是在你做的时候眼里流露出的那种兴奋。 |
[37:45] | or the look of adrenaline in your eyes while doing it. | 是你所做的,还是在你做的时候眼里流露出的那种兴奋。 |
[37:48] | She could be guilty. | 她有可能是有罪的 |
[37:50] | But that’s irrelevant to you. | 但这与你无关 |
[37:54] | It was the love of the game | 我从你眼里看到的是对计谋的热衷。 |
[37:57] | I saw in your eyes. | 我从你眼里看到的是对计谋的热衷。 |
[37:59] | You had a client dead to right, | 使一个当事人绝地逢生是你的终极挑战 |
[38:02] | and it was the ultimate challenge, | 使一个当事人绝地逢生是你的终极挑战 |
[38:05] | and you had fun today, Bobby. | 而你今天玩得很开心,Bobby。 |
[38:13] | A lot of people, | 大多数人, |
[38:15] | when they have children, | 当他们有了小孩, |
[38:18] | they start over a little… morally. | 他们会稍许重拾。。。道德感。 |
[38:22] | Or they start looking at themselves | 或者他们会开始透过孩子的视角来审视自己。 |
[38:27] | through the eyes of their children. | 或者他们会开始透过孩子的视角来审视自己。 |
[38:34] | Win or lose, Bobby, | 不管是输是赢,Bobby, |
[38:37] | I’d like you to go home tonight | 我希望你今晚回家后抱抱你的孩子 |
[38:40] | and hold your son. | 我希望你今晚回家后抱抱你的孩子 |
[38:49] | -How much longer? -Helen. -Helen | -还要多久? |
[38:52] | You’re doing so great, Ellenor. | 你做得很好,Ellenor |
[38:53] | I can see the head. Keep pushing. | 我能看到头了,继续用力 |
[38:57] | She’s almost there, they can see the head. | 差不多了,他们能看见头了 |
[38:58] | She isn’t far away, Ellenor. | 她快出来了,Ellenor |
[39:00] | One more push. Are you ready? | 再来一次,准备好了? |
[39:02] | -No! -One more push. Here we go. | -不! -再来一次,开始 |
[39:04] | I heard “one more push.” | 我听到了“再来一次” |
[39:06] | One more push. | 再来一次 |
[39:07] | Oh, you’re doing great. | 噢,你做得很好。。。 |
[39:09] | Okay, okay, I lied. One more push, | 好吧,好吧,我骗你了,再来一次就行 |
[39:11] | but that was good. | 但那挺好的 |
[39:12] | Take a deep breath and push that baby out. | 深呼吸一次,把孩子弄出来 |
[39:16] | (screaming) | |
[39:21] | Oh, my God. That sounded like she was being killed. | 噢,天啊,听起来像是她被杀了一样 |
[39:27] | Oh, she is beautiful. She is perfect. | 噢,她真漂亮,太完美了 |
[39:31] | She’s gucky. | 真是黏黏糊糊的 |
[39:34] | Here we go. | 我么来了 |
[39:36] | Here, Ellenor. Meet your little girl. | 在这儿呢,Ellenor,会一会你的小女孩 |
[39:44] | She’s so beautiful. | 她多漂亮呀 |
[39:46] | Yes, she is. | 是呀 |
[39:48] | Have you thought of a name? | 你想好名字了吗? |
[39:49] | Yeah. Hi. | 是的 |
[39:52] | Zoe. | Zoe |
[39:53] | Zoe’s beautiful. | Zoe真漂亮 |
[39:58] | (gurgles) | |
[40:48] | The defendant will please rise. | 请被告起立。 |
[40:53] | Madame foreperson, has the jury reached a verdict? | 陪审团主席女士,陪审团达成一直裁决了吗? |
[40:57] | We have, your honor. | 是的,法官大人 |
[40:59] | What say you? | 请宣布 |
[41:00] | Commonwealth vs. Raymond Littlefield | 关于马萨诸塞州诉Raymond Littlefield一级谋杀罪, |
[41:03] | on the count of murder in the first degree. | 关于马萨诸塞州诉Raymond Littlefield一级谋杀罪, |
[41:06] | We find the defendant Raymond Littlefield… | 我们裁定被告Raymond Littlefield。。。 |
[41:11] | not guilty. | 无罪。 |
[41:13] | (gallery gasping, exclaiming) | |
[41:15] | Silence! Everyone, be quiet. | 肃静!所有人,保持安静 |
[41:20] | Members of the jury, this completes your service. | 陪审团成员们,你们尽到了你们的义务 |
[41:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[41:25] | Mr. Littlefield, you are free to go, | Littlefield先生,你自由了 |
[41:27] | and we are adjourned. | 休庭 |
[41:48] | You murdered my daughter. | 你杀了我女儿。 |
[41:50] | No, Kate, you did it, and the jury saw it. | 不对,Kate,是你干的,陪审团看出来了 |
[41:53] | -You killed her. -Get him out of here. | -你杀了她 -把他带出去 |
[41:54] | Come on. | 赶紧走吧 |
[41:56] | Will he be charged with statutory rape? | 他会因法定强奸被起诉吗? |
[41:59] | How do you explain that? | 你对此怎么解释? |
[42:00] | You’re a pervert! | 你是个变态! |
[42:02] | The semen– | 精液。。。 |
[42:04] | Mr. Littlefield, the semen on your daughter’s body– | Littlefield先生,你女儿身上的精液。。。 |
[42:07] | how do you explain that? | 你对此怎么解释? |
[42:08] | You’re a pervert! | 你是个变态! |
[42:10] | (crowd shouting angrily) | |
[42:16] | Well, great job. | 好了,干得不错。 |
[42:18] | We thought you’d be pleased. | 我们以为你应该高兴才对。 |
[42:22] | Oh, you think I’m guilty now? | 哦,你现在认为我有罪了? |
[42:25] | I have no idea, Raymond. I bill you either way. | 我不知道,Raymond,不管怎样,我还是给你开账单吧 |
[42:33] | The daughter wants in. | 他女儿想进来 |
[42:35] | -Not with the mother. -It’s just her. | -他妈妈别跟进来 -只是她 |
[42:37] | Raymond? Raymond? | |
[42:39] | I’ll talk to her. | 我可以和她谈几句 |
[42:44] | Proud of yourself, Dad? | 自豪吗,爸爸? |
[42:46] | Sweetheart, listen to me. | 宝贝,听我解释 |
[42:48] | I didn’t kill your sister. I swear I didn’t. | 我没有杀你姐姐,我发誓不是我干的 |
[42:51] | It’s possible Mom– | 可能是你妈妈。。。 |
[42:52] | She didn’t kill her, trust me. | 不是她干的,相信我。 |
[42:57] | Neither did you, I know. | 也不是你,我知道的。 |
[43:02] | But don’t you think | 但你难道不认为一个勾引了他两个继女的男人, |
[43:04] | any man who screws both of his stepdaughters | 但你难道不认为一个勾引了他两个继女的男人, |
[43:08] | deserves to rot in jail anyway? | 应该烂在监狱里吗? |
[43:19] | Did you tell Fiona | 你也跟Fiona说过你爱上她了吗? |
[43:20] | you were in love with her, too? | 你也跟Fiona说过你爱上她了吗? |