时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | They made an offer — | 他们提出一个交易条件。。。 |
[00:14] | For 30 years. | 服刑30年。 |
[00:16] | 30 years? | 30年? |
[00:18] | It’s not unreasonable, Jackie, for two murders. | 这并非不合理,Jackie,你有两起命案。 |
[00:20] | One. One murder, and if you ask me, | 一起,就一起命案,要我来说的话, |
[00:23] | it was a public service killing. | 那是一次义警处刑。 |
[00:25] | The other one, the kid — | 另一起,那个孩子。。。 |
[00:27] | Everyone knows that was an accident. | 谁都知道那是一次意外。 |
[00:29] | No, under the law, | 不,按照法律, |
[00:31] | that kind of accident is called felony murder. | 这种意外称之为重罪谋杀。 |
[00:33] | The punishment is life, | 相应的判罚是终身监禁, |
[00:34] | and you’re looking at a double life sentence. | 你面对的量刑是双倍终身监禁。 |
[00:36] | Let’s go to trial. | 我们去上庭审理。 |
[00:39] | Look, Michael Biggs was a small-time dealer. | 听着,Michael Biggs是个三流毒贩。 |
[00:42] | You want to take out your competition, fine, | 你想干掉你的竞争对手,没问题, |
[00:44] | and maybe, like you say, some idiot on the jury | 或许就如你所说的, 陪审团里有个白痴会以为你是为民除害, |
[00:46] | will think you did the public a favor, | 或许就如你所说的, 陪审团里有个白痴会以为你是为民除害, |
[00:48] | but Anthony Halpern was an innocent kid. | 但Anthony Halpern是个无辜的孩子。 |
[00:50] | He didn’t deserve to get shot in the head, | 他不应该在脑袋上挨一枪。 |
[00:51] | and I don’t think the jury — | 而且我也不认为陪审团。。。 |
[00:53] | If I gave you the impression that I had anything to do | 如果我给过你我跟这些凶杀有关的印象的话, |
[00:55] | with those killings, that was a misunderstanding. | 那就是一个误会。 |
[01:01] | I am going to trial. | 我要去上庭审理。 |
[01:04] | You realize we don’t have a strong defense here. | 你是了解我们对于本案是没有强有力的辩护理由的。 |
[01:06] | If you were working on this case | 如果你们把心思放到研究案情而不是盼着我认罪的话, |
[01:08] | instead of counting on a plea, | 如果你们把心思放到研究案情而不是盼着我认罪的话, |
[01:10] | maybe you’d figure something out by now. | 也许你们现在就能发现些什么了。 |
[01:11] | You want to know what I figured out, Jackie? | Jackie,你想知道我发现些什么了吗? |
[01:13] | I figured out that I can’t put you on the stand | 我发现我让你上证人席就是唆使伪证。 (如果嫌犯向辩护律师坦白罪行,律师就不能让其 出庭作证,否则律师就是犯下唆使伪证罪) |
[01:16] | without suborning perjury. | 我发现我让你上证人席就是唆使伪证。 (如果嫌犯向辩护律师坦白罪行,律师就不能让其 出庭作证,否则律师就是犯下唆使伪证罪) |
[01:17] | I also figured out that with your record, | 我还发现根据你的犯罪记录, |
[01:19] | you can expect consecutive life terms | 你会被判不能保释的连续终身监禁。 (在司法实践中,对重罪犯连续判处两个或两个 以上无期徒刑。即使其中一项谋杀罪在上诉中被 推翻,被告也必须服至少一个无期徒刑) |
[01:21] | with no chance for parole. | 你会被判不能保释的连续终身监禁。 (在司法实践中,对重罪犯连续判处两个或两个 以上无期徒刑。即使其中一项谋杀罪在上诉中被 推翻,被告也必须服至少一个无期徒刑) |
[01:22] | We are not going to lose. | 我们不会输的。 |
[01:24] | They’ve got an eyewitness. | 他们有一个目击证人。 |
[01:26] | Which we don’t need to worry about. | 这个我们不用担心。 |
[01:28] | What do you mean, “We don’t need to worry about”? | “我们不用担心”,你这是什么意思? |
[01:30] | I interviewed him myself. He’s credible. | 我和他谈过,他的作证是会被采信的。 |
[01:32] | Bobby — | |
[01:33] | Do not worry about the witness. | 别担心这个证人。 |
[01:42] | You’re going to have to tell me | 你必须告诉我这是什么意思,Jackie |
[01:44] | what that means, Jackie, because I know | 因为我知道你没有打算要伤害这个证人。 |
[01:45] | you’re not going to harm that witness. | 因为我知道你没有打算要伤害这个证人。 |
[01:47] | I’m in jail. What– What could I do? | 我被关着呢,我。。。我能做什么呀? |
[01:48] | Listen to me. | 听我说。 |
[01:50] | You’re already in more trouble than I think we can handle. | 你已经有了很多我们难以处理的麻烦了。 |
[01:53] | You do not want to make things worse | 你不会想去恐吓证人把事情搞得更糟的。 |
[01:54] | by intimidating a witness. | 你不会想去恐吓证人把事情搞得更糟的。 |
[01:56] | Okay. I understand. | 那好吧,我知道了。 |
[01:57] | Look at me. | 看着我。 |
[02:04] | I understand. | 我知道了。 |
[03:07] | Did he threaten him or not? | 他有没有威胁过证人? |
[03:08] | Well — | 这个嘛。。。 |
[03:09] | We think he kind of did. | 我们觉得有点吧。 |
[03:11] | What do you mean, you think he did? | 你什么意思,你们认为他威胁了吗? |
[03:12] | He said | 他说我们没必要担心那个证人, |
[03:13] | we didn’t need to worry about the witness, | 他说我们没必要担心那个证人, |
[03:15] | and I don’t think it was a compliment | 我不认为这是他对Bobby交叉盘问技术的恭维。 |
[03:16] | to Bobby’s cross-examination skills. | 我不认为这是他对Bobby交叉盘问技术的恭维。 |
[03:18] | Well, then, you need to tell Bay. | 那么,你该告诉Bay。 |
[03:19] | What if he meant something totally different? | 如果他完全是别的意思呢? |
[03:21] | You know, “Don’t worry, the witness is a friend of mine” | 比如,“别担心,这个证人是我的朋友” |
[03:24] | Or “I got proof the witness is lying.” | 或者“我有证据能证明证人在撒谎” |
[03:26] | -Oh, right. -What did you say? | -噢,拉倒吧 -你怎么说的? |
[03:29] | I laid it out. He can’t be intimidating witnesses. | 我对他摆明了,他不能去恐吓证人。 |
[03:32] | He said he understood, but whether he really did… | 他说他明白了,但是否他真的。。。 |
[03:34] | Ellenor? | Ellenor,你怎么看? |
[03:35] | I couldn’t be sure. | 我说不好。 |
[03:37] | Then you say nothing. Leaving aside what he meant, | 那你就什么也别说。别管他到底什么意思。 |
[03:40] | what he said is protected by attorney/client privilege. | 他说的话是受到律师/当事人特权的保护的。 |
[03:43] | You can’t reveal it | 除非他打算犯罪。,否则你不能泄露出去。 |
[03:44] | unless he intends to commit a future crime, | 除非他打算犯罪。,否则你不能泄露出去。 |
[03:47] | and if you’re not sure — | 既然你不能确定。。。 |
[03:48] | We don’t need this. | 我们不需要确定。 |
[03:49] | You were just on trial for conspiring with a client. | 你刚因共谋罪受过审。 |
[03:52] | If you don’t say anything and a witness ends up dead, | 如果你什么也不说,而一个证人最终死了, |
[03:55] | you could be up against obstruction of justice charges. | 你可能会面临妨碍司法公正的指控。 |
[03:57] | You want to wait for some package to explode? | 你想等着这事发生吗? |
[03:59] | If there’s any chance this witness is in danger, | 如果这个证人有任何危险的话 |
[04:01] | you have to say something. | 你必须要说点什么。 |
[04:06] | Jimmy? | Jimmy,你的意见呢? |
[04:08] | None of us was in the room, Bobby. Only you two. | Bobby,只有你们两个人在当场。 |
[04:15] | Let’s just lay down the law with him again | 让我们跟他再把话说清楚一次,然后决定怎么办。 |
[04:18] | and then decide. | 让我们跟他再把话说清楚一次,然后决定怎么办。 |
[04:22] | I told you, I understand. | 我跟你说过了,我明白。 |
[04:24] | Can you tell me why you even said it — | 你能告诉我为什么你会说。。。 |
[04:27] | That we don’t have to worry about the witness? | 我们不必担心那个证人? |
[04:29] | Look, back in my shrink days — | 听着,话要说回到我看心理医生的那时候。。。 |
[04:32] | I bet you didn’t know I used to get therapy. | 我敢打赌你不知道我以前接受过心理治疗。 |
[04:34] | Did you know this? | 你知道这事吗? |
[04:35] | No, you seem so grounded. | 不知道,你看起来是那么的理智。 |
[04:37] | My shrink said that when I’m feeling powerless, | 我的心理医生说过,当我感到虚弱无力的时候, |
[04:43] | I act more brave and tough. | 我要表现得更加勇敢和坚强。 |
[04:46] | Now, my life’s been taken from me here. | 而今,我的生活被剥夺了。 |
[04:49] | I’m sitting in a cell all day. | 我整天蹲在小监房里。 |
[04:52] | My future’s in the hands of this eyewitness. | 我的未来被握在那个目击证人手里。 |
[04:56] | I guess I just needed to feel more powerful than him, | 我想我就是需要感觉比他更强大, |
[05:00] | and so I said that. | 于是我就说了那些话。 |
[05:05] | Does it make sense? | 这说得通吧? |
[05:13] | Anthony had just taken me home from school. | Anthony刚把我从学校接回家。 |
[05:17] | He was your boyfriend? | 他是你男朋友吗? |
[05:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:20] | We were sitting in the car talking, and… | 我们坐在车里聊天,然后。。。 |
[05:25] | I know this is hard, Lisa, | 我知道这很难受,Lisa, |
[05:26] | but do you remember where the car was parked? | 你记得车停在哪里吗? |
[05:29] | In front of my building. | 在我住的楼前。 |
[05:32] | Okay. Now, take your time. | 那好。现在,慢慢来 |
[05:35] | I want you to tell us what happened. | 我要你告诉我们发生了什么事。 |
[05:40] | He was telling me about how he was | 他正跟我说他毕业后如何打算去波士顿大学打篮球。 |
[05:43] | going to play basketball for B. U. when he graduated. | 他正跟我说他毕业后如何打算去波士顿大学打篮球。 |
[05:48] | It’s all he could talk about sometimes. | 他时常谈到的也就是这些。 |
[05:53] | Then, all of a sudden, the windows started breaking. | 然后,突然间,窗户破裂了。 |
[05:56] | On which side of the car? | 车的哪一侧? |
[05:58] | His. | 他那边。 |
[06:02] | He’d been shot. | 他被击中了。 |
[06:05] | Where? | 在哪里? |
[06:07] | In the head… | 头上。。。 |
[06:10] | And he just looked at me. | 他就是那么看着我。 |
[06:16] | He didn’t understand what was happening. | 他没弄明白怎么回事。 |
[06:24] | Ms. Matthews, | Matthews女士, |
[06:25] | did you see the person who did this? | 你看见是谁开的枪吗? |
[06:29] | No. | 没有。 |
[06:30] | Did you see my client at all that afternoon? | 那天整个下午你看见我的当事人了吗? |
[06:34] | I don’t think so. | 我想没有。 |
[06:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢你。 |
[06:39] | No further questions. | 没有别的问题了。 |
[06:42] | I’m very sorry for the loss of your friend. | 我对你失去好友深表哀悼 |
[06:50] | Mr. Bay? | Bay先生? |
[06:52] | No redirect, your honor. | 没有要再问的了,法官大人。 |
[06:53] | The commonwealth calls Detective Michael McGuire. | 控方传唤Michael McGuire警探出庭作证。 |
[06:57] | The intended victim was Michael Biggs, 23. | 杀手的目标是Michael Biggs,23岁。 |
[07:00] | When I arrived on the scene, | 我到达现场时, |
[07:02] | his body was on the sidewalk area | 他的尸体在他住的大楼前的人行道上。 |
[07:03] | directly in front of his building. | 他的尸体在他住的大楼前的人行道上。 |
[07:05] | Were you able to determine | 你能确定枪手是从哪个方向过来的吗? |
[07:06] | from which direction the shooter approached? | 你能确定枪手是从哪个方向过来的吗? |
[07:09] | Yes, he approached from across the street | 能,他从街对面走过来开枪。 |
[07:11] | and opened fire. | 能,他从街对面走过来开枪。 |
[07:13] | Stray bullets were lodged in the front of the building | 散弹射入大楼的前面以及停在前面的几辆车里。 |
[07:14] | and a few in the cars that were parked out front. | 散弹射入大楼的前面以及停在前面的几辆车里。 |
[07:17] | Which is where you found the second victim — | 你就在那里找到了第二个受害者。。。 |
[07:19] | Anthony Halpern. | |
[07:21] | Yes, in his car. | 是的,在他车里。 |
[07:22] | He had been shot in the back of the head. | 他被击中脑后部。 |
[07:24] | And Michael Biggs– | 而Michael Biggs。。。 |
[07:25] | Why do you consider him the intended victim? | 你为什么认为他是杀手的目标? |
[07:28] | We found him lying face-down. | 我们发现他脸朝下躺着。 |
[07:30] | He had been shot six times — | 他挨了六枪。。。 |
[07:32] | Twice in the legs, three times in the chest, | 两枪在腿上,三枪在胸部, |
[07:34] | and once in the head at very close range. | 还有一枪是近距离击中头部。 |
[07:37] | And how do you know that, Detective? | 你怎么知道是近距离的,警探? |
[07:39] | There were stippling burns on his head and neck, | 他的头和脖子上都有点状烧伤, |
[07:40] | indicating that the gun had been fired | 表明开枪的时候距离不超过六英寸。 |
[07:42] | from a distance of no more than 6 inches. | 表明开枪的时候距离不超过六英寸。 |
[07:45] | We considered it an execution. | 我们认为这是一次处决。 |
[07:48] | You didn’t find a gun at the crime scene, | 你在犯罪现场没有找到枪,是吗? |
[07:51] | did you? | 你在犯罪现场没有找到枪,是吗? |
[07:52] | The murder weapon was never recovered. | 始终没有找到凶器。 |
[07:54] | A fingerprint on a shell casing | 弹壳上的指纹与我的当事人有关联吗? |
[07:56] | to implicate my client? | 弹壳上的指纹与我的当事人有关联吗? |
[07:57] | There were no prints, Mr. Donnell, as you already know. | Donnell先生,你是知道没有找到过指纹的。 |
[07:59] | Michael Biggs was a convicted drug dealer, wasn’t he? | Michael Biggs是个被判过刑的毒贩,不是吗? |
[08:02] | Yes, he had a felony record for selling narcotics. | 是的,他有贩卖毒品的重罪记录。 |
[08:04] | That’s a dangerous business, right, detective? | 警探,那是很危险的生意,对吧? |
[08:06] | Ask your client. | 还是问你的当事人吧 |
[08:07] | Objection. Move to strike. | 反对,请求排除证词。 |
[08:09] | Sustained. Detective McGuire. | 反对有效。 |
[08:11] | My point, Detective, | 警探,我的观点是, |
[08:13] | is that Mr. Biggs was the kind of man | Biggs可能就是会有几个敌人的那种人吧,是还是不是? |
[08:15] | who might have a few enemies. Yes or no? | Biggs可能就是会有几个敌人的那种人吧,是还是不是? |
[08:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:18] | After the shooting, did they find my client | 枪击发生后,有人在附近看到过我的当事人吗? |
[08:20] | anywhere in the neighborhood? | 枪击发生后,有人在附近看到过我的当事人吗? |
[08:21] | No. | 没有 |
[08:23] | In fact, Mr. Cahill wasn’t arrested | 实际上,Cahill先生直到案发三天后才被逮捕, |
[08:25] | till three days later, when he voluntarily appeared | 那时他是自己主动到分区警局接受讯问的。 |
[08:27] | at the precinct for questioning. | 那时他是自己主动到分区警局接受讯问的。 |
[08:29] | We had already searched his house and his bar. | 我们那时已经搜查了他的房子和酒吧。 |
[08:31] | He knew we were looking to make an arrest. | 他知道我们打算逮捕他。 |
[08:34] | That’s exactly my point. | 我要说的就是这个。 |
[08:36] | This man who supposedly killed two people had three days | 这个据说杀了两个人的人有三天时间 离开这个城市,这个州,甚至这个国家, |
[08:39] | to leave the city, the state, the country, | 这个据说杀了两个人的人有三天时间 离开这个城市,这个州,甚至这个国家, |
[08:42] | and instead, he comes walking into your precinct | 但他却走进你们的分区警局去接受讯问。 |
[08:44] | to answer questions. | 但他却走进你们的分区警局去接受讯问。 |
[08:46] | Yes. | 是这样的。 |
[08:54] | Will I be up there long? | 我会在那里呆很久吗? |
[08:56] | Not on direct. Just say what you saw. | 直询不会要多久,只说出你看到的即可。 |
[08:58] | When I ask you to identify the man you saw fire the gun, | 我让你指认你看到的枪手时, |
[09:01] | if you see him in the room, point to him. | 如果你在庭上看到了,就把他指出来 |
[09:04] | They may keep you up there on cross for a while. | 他们可能会在交叉盘问时让你多呆一会儿。 |
[09:06] | Why? | 为什么? |
[09:07] | Well, you’re our whole case, Mr. Ross, | Ross先生,我们这个案子全都依赖你的证词。 |
[09:09] | and the defense certainly knows that. | 被告方十分清楚这一点。 |
[09:11] | They’re going to try everything they can to tear you apart. | 他们会尽一切努力彻底摧毁你。 |
[09:14] | This didn’t seem so scary a week ago. | 一周前好像没说得这么吓人呀。 |
[09:16] | You’ll be fine. | 你会没事的。 |
[09:18] | Just stick to the truth. | 死咬着事实就行。 |
[09:19] | Richard. | |
[09:20] | We’ll see you tomorrow. | 我们明天见。 |
[09:25] | He’s not in protective custody? | 他没有被保护性监管吗? |
[09:27] | Why should he be? | 为什么要? |
[09:28] | I just thought for big drug cases, | 我以为在大的涉毒案中你们会对你们证人实行保护性监管。 |
[09:30] | you keep your witnesses in protective custody. | 我以为在大的涉毒案中你们会对你们证人实行保护性监管。 |
[09:31] | This is a murder case. | 这是一个谋杀案。 |
[09:33] | Well, I guess if it were me, | 呃,要是我的话,我会一直关照他的。 |
[09:35] | I’d be keeping an eye on him. | 呃,要是我的话,我会一直关照他的。 |
[09:37] | What are you saying? | 你想说什么? |
[09:38] | Nothing. | 没什么。 |
[09:40] | Yes, you are. | 不,你话里有话。 |
[09:42] | If you’re trying to get me rattled, | 如果你想让我紧张,或者你希望我去使我的证人紧张。。。 |
[09:44] | or you’re hoping I’m going to go and rattle my witness — | 如果你想让我紧张,或者你希望我去使我的证人紧张。。。 |
[09:46] | I’m just saying it would be a good idea to protect him. | 我只是说给他提供保护比较好。 |
[09:51] | If you have knowledge that he’s in danger。 | 如果你知道他有危险。 |
[09:52] | I don’t have any specific knowledge, | 我没有什么确切的消息 |
[09:54] | but my radar says protect your witness. | 但我有个保护好你们证人的念头 |
[09:57] | Bobby. | |
[09:58] | That’s all I’m going to say. | 我要说的就是这些。 |
[10:11] | Their eyewitnesses are up next. | 接下来是他们的目击证人。 |
[10:13] | Once he’s done, | 他作证后, |
[10:14] | the commonwealth should rest. | 控方就举证完毕了。 |
[10:16] | They’re guarding his house. | 他们证派人在他家看守。 |
[10:17] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[10:19] | The witness. | 这个证人。 |
[10:21] | Cops put a guard on his house. | 警察在他家看守。 |
[10:23] | Now, why the hell would they do that? | 他们到底为什么要那样做? |
[10:25] | It’s a murder trial, Jackie. I’m sure that’s routine. | Jackie,这是谋杀案审理,我肯定是例行程序。 |
[10:27] | No, I don’t think so. | 不对,我不这么看。 |
[10:29] | If this were federal, maybe, | 如果是联邦案件,或许是, |
[10:31] | but state, no. They don’t protect a witness | 但州里的案件,不是的,他们不会给证人提供保护, |
[10:34] | unless they think he’s in danger. | 除非他们认为证人有危险。 |
[10:35] | And how would you know that? | 你怎么知道这些的? |
[10:37] | You don’t find it interesting, | 你们和我谈了有关证人的事之后, |
[10:39] | you and I have a conversation about this witness, | 刚第二天就有警察在他家守着了, |
[10:41] | and the very next day, there’s a cop at his house? | 你们不觉得这挺有意思的吗? |
[10:44] | He’s the only witness to a double murder. | 他是一起双重谋杀案的唯一证人。 |
[10:46] | With your record — | 考虑到你的犯罪记录。。。 |
[10:47] | Richard Bay is a smart guy. He doesn’t need me | Richard Bay是个很精明的家伙。 |
[10:50] | to know his witness should be protected. | 他不需要靠我就知道证人应该被保护起来。 |
[10:52] | That’s not exactly a denial, Bobby. | Bobby,你这算不上完全否认呀。 |
[10:54] | As long as we’re into accusations, | 既然你谴责我们的话, |
[10:56] | how do you even know there was a guard on that house? | 那你是怎么知道证人家有警卫的? |
[10:58] | Did you send somebody out there? | 你派人去那里了? |
[11:00] | No, I did not, | 不,我没有, |
[11:01] | but just so we have an understanding, | 但这样的话我们就有了一个共识, |
[11:03] | if I were ever to find out | 如果我发现我的律师 |
[11:05] | that my lawyer had been talking to the cops | 把彼此之间享有保密特权的谈话告诉给警察的话, |
[11:08] | about certain conversations he and I had in private, | 把彼此之间享有保密特权的谈话告诉给警察的话, |
[11:11] | I would consider that an act of disloyalty. | 我会认为这是一种背信弃义的行为。 |
[11:14] | You want me off this case? No problem. | 你想要我退出这个案子?没问题。 |
[11:15] | Let’s you and me go see the judge, | 咱们就去见法官吧, |
[11:17] | and you can explain all about | 你就能解释我是如何阻止你派人除掉一个证人的。 |
[11:18] | how I prevented your people from taking out a witness. | 你就能解释我是如何阻止你派人除掉一个证人的。 |
[11:20] | I never said I was going to take him out. | 我从未说过我要除掉他。 |
[11:22] | Did I ever say that? | 我曾经说过吗? |
[11:23] | Look, let’s just stop with the antagonism | 听着,让我们停止敌对情绪吧 |
[11:26] | and focus on the case, | 把注意力集中到案子上, |
[11:27] | which, I remind you, doesn’t look so good. | 对此,我要提醒你,看起来不妙。 |
[11:41] | What if I have an alibi? | 如果我有不在场证明呢? |
[11:43] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀? |
[11:45] | This guy I work with at the bar — | 有个跟我一起在酒吧工作的伙计。。。 |
[11:47] | I was working with him when this whole thing happened. | 事发时间段内我一直在和他一起工作。 |
[11:50] | -Oh, really? -Yes. | -噢,真的吗? -真的。 |
[11:51] | You can’t just offer alibi evidence | 你不能在庭审期间提交不在现场证明。 |
[11:53] | in the middle of a trial. | 你不能在庭审期间提交不在现场证明。 |
[11:54] | There’s a procedure. | 这是审理程序规定的。 |
[11:55] | We need to serve notice weeks in advance. | 我们需要提前几周发出通知。 |
[11:57] | I’m sure you can figure that out. | 你相信你会有办法的。 |
[11:59] | And what is this sudden alibi? | 这个突然冒出来的不在场证明算什么? |
[12:01] | I can’t offer testimony I know to be false. | 我不能在明知有假的情况下提交声明。 |
[12:03] | I am innocent. Do you get that? | 我是无辜的。你明白吗? |
[12:06] | And this alibi is legit. | 这个不在场证明是合法的。 |
[12:08] | Then why didn’t you tell me about it sooner? | 那你为什么不早点告诉我呢? |
[12:10] | All right! | 好了! |
[12:13] | Why didn’t you tell us about the witness | 你为什么不早点告诉我们证人的事,Jackie? |
[12:15] | before now, Jackie? | 你为什么不早点告诉我们证人的事,Jackie? |
[12:17] | Because there’s a warrant out for his arrest in New York. | 因为纽约发出了对他的通缉令。 |
[12:22] | That explanation okay, counselor? | 这样解释行吗,律师? |
[12:29] | He’s a lying piece of– | 他就是一坨撒谎的。。。 |
[12:31] | You don’t know that. | 你不明白。 |
[12:33] | You think he has an alibi? | 你认为他有不在现场证明? |
[12:35] | No, but if he says he does — | 不,但如果他说他有。。。 |
[12:37] | It’s his defense. | 这是他的辩解。 |
[12:38] | Bobby, he’s looking at double life. | Bobby,他面临的是双重终身监禁。 |
[12:40] | If he wants to call an alibi witness, | 如果他想叫来一个证明他不在现场的证人 |
[12:42] | then that’s what we do. | 那我们就要那样做。 |
[12:43] | We interview the guy, | 我们跟这证人谈谈, |
[12:45] | and we try and put him on the stand. | 然后就把他推上证人席。 |
[12:46] | If the judge will even let us. | 那要看法官允不允许。 |
[12:50] | They come up with this now, in the middle of the trial? | 他们现在提出来,在庭审期间? |
[12:52] | I just found out about it myself. | 我自己也才知道 |
[12:54] | Bobby… | |
[12:55] | It’s true. | 真的。 |
[12:56] | There’s an alibi witness | 这是一个提供不在现场证明的证人 |
[12:57] | and your client just tells you now? | 你的当事人现在才告诉你? |
[12:59] | Yes, there’s an outstanding warrant for the guy’s arrest, | 是的,针对这个证人有个仍然有效的通缉令, |
[13:01] | and he didn’t want to come forward. | 所以他不想出面。 |
[13:02] | Oh, come on. | 噢,拉倒吧。 |
[13:04] | I’ve had no opportunity to see if his story checks out, | 我没机会去核实他的说法是否属实, |
[13:06] | no opportunity to run his record — | 也没机会去查他的犯罪记录。。。 |
[13:08] | You can’t deny my client the right to put on a defense. | 你不能拒绝我的当事人提出辩护的权利。 |
[13:10] | Courts have upheld | 法庭已经支持排除被告方证人。 |
[13:11] | the exclusion of defense witnesses. | 法庭已经支持排除被告方证人。 |
[13:13] | Whether Mr. Donnell believes it or not, | 不管Donnell先生信不信,我们也有权得到一次公平的审理。 |
[13:15] | we’re entitled to a fair trial, too. | 不管Donnell先生信不信,我们也有权得到一次公平的审理。 |
[13:17] | We wouldn’t oppose a continuance | 我们会同意延期以便Bay先生有时间去进行调查。 |
[13:18] | to give Mr. Bay time to investigate. | 我们会同意延期以便Bay先生有时间去进行调查。 |
[13:20] | I’m sure you wouldn’t, but I am not going | 我当然知道你不会反对。但我不打算拖下去, |
[13:23] | to delay things and inconvenience the jury | 因为你违法了证据开示规则而给陪审团带来麻烦。 |
[13:25] | because you violated discovery rules. | 因为你违法了证据开示规则而给陪审团带来麻烦。 |
[13:27] | There’s another option. | 还有一个办法。 |
[13:29] | Let him voir dire the witness | 让他在没有陪审团预在场情况下预先审核一下这个证人。 |
[13:31] | outside the presence of the jury. | 让他在没有陪审团预在场情况下预先审核一下这个证人。 |
[13:32] | Let him get all the discovery he needs now. | 让他现在就得到他所需要的所有开示证据。 |
[13:37] | That seems reasonable. | 这个办法似乎是合理的。 |
[13:40] | It’s a good thing. | 这也是好事。 |
[13:41] | That way we can see if our little witness holds up. | 那样我们也可以看看我们的小证人能不能撑得住。 |
[13:43] | Satisfactory, Mr. Bay? | 行吗,Bay? |
[13:46] | -Well — -We reserve the right | -这个嘛。。。 -如果有什么问题需要进一步调查的情况下 |
[13:48] | to argue for exclusion if anything that comes up | 如果有什么问题需要进一步调查的情况下, |
[13:50] | requires further investigation. | 我们要保留排除证人的权力。 |
[13:52] | Fine. Mr. Donnell, bring in your new witness. | 就这样吧,Donnell先生,把你的新证人带来吧。 |
[13:59] | They get to check him out first? | 他们要先对他审核? |
[14:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:02] | Well, how does that happen? | 怎么会这样? |
[14:04] | What, they get a free bite? | 怎么搞的,他们白白得到一次盘问机会? |
[14:05] | It happens when you suddenly announce | 还不是因为你在庭审开始后突然宣称 你有个能证明你不在现场的证人。 |
[14:07] | you have an alibi | 还不是因为你在庭审开始后突然宣称 你有个能证明你不在现场的证人。 |
[14:08] | after the trial has started. | 还不是因为你在庭审开始后突然宣称 你有个能证明你不在现场的证人。 |
[14:10] | The judge is allowing them some discovery. | 法官准许控方查验证据。 |
[14:16] | What about a new offer, hmm? | 有新的认罪交易条件吗? |
[14:18] | I mean, just the fact this witness exists — | 我觉得,有了这个新证人。。。 |
[14:21] | Hasn’t the D.A. got a new offer? | 地区检察官拿出新的认罪交易条件了吗? |
[14:23] | He can’t be so cocky now. | 他现在没那么狂妄了吧。 |
[14:25] | I don’t think you fully grasp | Jackie,我认为你完全不了解这个与众不同的地区检察官。 |
[14:27] | this particular D. A., Jackie. | Jackie,我认为你完全不了解这个与众不同的地区检察官。 |
[14:29] | Richard Bay — In addition to being good, | Richard Bay 。。。除了很优秀外, |
[14:31] | he is pathologically competitive. | 他异常好斗。 |
[14:34] | He’d want you to get life even if you were innocent. | 即使你是无辜的他也想把你关一辈子。 |
[14:36] | Which I am. | 我是无辜的。 |
[14:38] | Oh, right. I forgot. | 噢,对呀,我都忘了。 |
[14:41] | So what’s going to happen? | 那么他们会怎么做? |
[14:44] | The D. A. gets to question him in a sealed room, no jury. | 地区检察官会在没有陪审团出席的情况下啊对他封闭盘问。 |
[14:48] | The judge will make a determination as to whether | 然后法官会做出是否需要进一步调查的决定。 |
[14:51] | further investigation is called for. | 然后法官会做出是否需要进一步调查的决定。 |
[14:53] | If so, we delay the trial. | 如果是的话,庭审会延期。 |
[14:55] | If not, the trial picks up where we left off. | 如果不需要的话,庭审就重启。 |
[15:01] | How exactly airtight do you consider your alibi to be? | 你认为你的不在场证明有多无懈可击? |
[15:05] | I was with Mr. Cahill the whole afternoon. | 整个下午我都和Cahill先生在一起。 |
[15:07] | And he never left the bar? | 他从未离开酒吧吗? |
[15:09] | Never out of my sight. | 从没离开过我的视野。 |
[15:10] | I was serving, | 我在干活儿,他在桌上对账。 |
[15:12] | he was at a table going over the expense books. | 我在干活儿,他在一张桌上核对账目。 |
[15:14] | Cahill is your boss, is he not? | Cahill是你老板,不是吗? |
[15:16] | No. It’s my bar. | 不是,是我的酒吧。 |
[15:18] | -It’s your bar? -Yes, it is. | -是你的酒吧? -对 |
[15:20] | My name is on the liquor license. | 营业执照上是我的名字。 |
[15:22] | But he was doing the books. | 但却是他在做账。 |
[15:24] | Is he your accountant? | 他是你的会计吗? |
[15:26] | No, he’s an investor. | 不,他是个股东 |
[15:28] | Oh, he’s an investor. | 哦,是个股东。 |
[15:30] | What percentage of your bar does he own? | 你的酒吧他占多少? |
[15:33] | I don’t know — Most. | 我不清楚。。。大部分吧。 |
[15:35] | And tell us, who suggested | 告诉我们是谁让你今天来这儿作证的? |
[15:37] | you come here today to testify? | 告诉我们是谁让你今天来这儿作证的? |
[15:39] | Nobody. I told Mr. Cahill I’d come here and do it. | 没人要我来,我告诉Cahill先生我愿意来。 |
[15:43] | Did you get in touch with him | 你是去见他了还是他打电话给你了? |
[15:45] | or did he call you? | 你是去见他了还是他打电话给你了? |
[15:48] | I’m not sure. I think he called me. | 我记不清了,我想是他给我打电话的。 |
[15:50] | From prison? | 从监狱里? |
[15:51] | You know all outgoing phone calls from prison | 你知道所有从监狱里打出去的电话都有记录的吗? |
[15:53] | are recorded? | 你知道所有从监狱里打出去的电话都有记录的吗? |
[15:54] | Mr. Inteso, | Inteso先生。 |
[15:56] | why didn’t you come forward sooner? | 你为什么早先不来? |
[15:59] | I have an outstanding warrant | 我因在纽约被指控袭击而还在被通缉期间。 |
[16:01] | on an assault charge in New York. | 我因在纽约被指控袭击而还在被通缉期间。 |
[16:03] | So you know by testifying here, | 那么你明白来这儿作证,你会被抓回去关到监狱里。 |
[16:05] | you’re going to go back to jail. | 那么你明白来这儿作证,你会被抓回去关到监狱里。 |
[16:07] | Yeah. | 是的。 |
[16:08] | You’d rather testify and go to jail | 你宁肯出来作证而后被关起来也不愿拒绝Cahill先生? |
[16:10] | than say no to Mr. Cahill? | 你宁肯出来作证而后被关起来也不愿拒绝Cahill先生? |
[16:12] | I want to help him. | 我想帮他。 |
[16:13] | He was with me at the time of the shooting. | 在枪击发生的时候他和我在一起。 |
[16:15] | There’s no question. Beyond reasonable doubt. | 毫无疑问,是超越合理怀疑的。 |
[16:19] | Okay, you were serving drinks, | 那好,你在吧台服务,他在对账。 |
[16:22] | he was working. | 那好,你在吧台服务,他在对账。 |
[16:23] | Did anybody else see you or the defendant that day? | 当天还有别人看见你或者被告吗? |
[16:26] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我不知道,也许有吧。 |
[16:29] | Can you tell us who else was there? | 你能告诉我们还有谁在哪儿吗? |
[16:31] | I don’t really remember. | 我真记不起来了。 |
[16:33] | You don’t. | 你记不起来了。 |
[16:35] | These books the defendant was working on — | 被告当时核对的账目。。。 |
[16:39] | Where are they now? | 现在在哪儿? |
[16:42] | What? | 什么? |
[16:45] | It’s your bar. Surely you know | 是你的酒吧,你自然知道账本放在哪儿。 |
[16:47] | where your own expense books are. | 是你的酒吧,你自然知道账本放在哪儿。 |
[16:48] | Objection. This isn’t a tax case. It’s irrelevant. | 反对,本案又不是有关税务的,账本与此无关。 |
[16:52] | It’s very relevant to this witness’s credibility. | 这与证人的可信度很有关。 |
[16:54] | We move the witness turn over the books | 我们要求证人向我们移交被告当时核对的账本。 |
[16:56] | the defendant was working on. | 我们要求证人向我们移交被告当时核对的账本。 |
[17:02] | I lost the books. | 我弄丢了。 |
[17:06] | I see. | 我明白了。 |
[17:07] | Your honor, at this time, | 法官大人,现在我撤回请求排除此证人的动议。 |
[17:09] | I withdraw my motion to exclude this witness. | 法官大人,现在我撤回请求排除此证人的动议。 |
[17:20] | We can’t put him up there. | 我们不能让他出庭作证。 |
[17:21] | It’s still an alibi. | 那毕竟是个不在现场证明。 |
[17:23] | They can’t prove he’s lying, which he isn’t. | 他们无法证明他在撒谎,他也没撒谎。 |
[17:26] | They wouldn’t have to prove he’s lying. | 他们不必非要证明他在撒谎。 |
[17:27] | He looks like it, he sounds like it, | 他看上去像,听起来也像。 |
[17:29] | he — He personifies dishonesty, | 他。。。他就是不诚实的化身, |
[17:31] | and by putting him up there, | 而把他送上证人席, |
[17:33] | we would be helping the prosecution, trust me. | 相信我,我们会帮了控方的忙。 |
[17:35] | Why the hell didn’t you protect him? | 你们为什么不保护他? |
[17:37] | You should have been objecting or something. | 你们本应提点反对什么的。 |
[17:39] | The questions weren’t objectionable, | 那些问题无法提出反对, |
[17:41] | and it was discovery. | 那是属于查验性质的。 |
[17:43] | Look, 30 years is better than life, | 听着,三十年刑期总比终身监禁强, |
[17:45] | if it’s still on the table. | 这个提议还有效。 |
[17:46] | No! | 不行! |
[17:47] | Try to get this — | 听我说完。。。 |
[17:49] | We got no rabbits to pull. | 我们没有戏法儿可变了。 |
[17:51] | What about your plan “B” Strategy? | 你们的B计划呢? |
[17:52] | A witness saw you pull the trigger. | 有个证人看到你开枪了。 |
[17:54] | Plus, this D. A., he knows us. | 另外,地区检察官,他了解我们。 |
[17:57] | And I know him. He is not going to drop the ball. | 我们也了解他,他不会犯错误了。 |
[18:00] | We cannot win this case. | 我们赢不了的。 |
[18:18] | All right. Let me think about it. | 那好吧,让我想想。 |
[18:21] | Can I think about it? | 我可以想想吗? |
[18:23] | We’re not scheduled to go again till tomorrow, | 我们明天之前都没有安排。 |
[18:25] | so, yeah. | 所以,可以。 |
[18:28] | Take the night. | 可以想一晚上。 |
[18:32] | Look… | 听着。。。 |
[18:35] | You think we don’t like you, which is true. | 你觉得我们不喜欢你,的确是的。 |
[18:37] | You think because we don’t like you, | 你觉得因为我们不喜欢你而没有竭尽全力。 |
[18:40] | we are not doing everything we possibly can, | 你觉得因为我们不喜欢你而没有竭尽全力。 |
[18:45] | which is not true. | 这一点是不对的。 |
[18:47] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[18:52] | Okay. | 好吧。 |
[19:30] | Hello? | 是谁? |
[19:33] | Is somebody there? | 有人在这儿吗? |
[19:36] | Ooh! | 哎呀! |
[19:40] | This is simple. | 这很简单。 |
[19:42] | If the case against Jackie Cahill | 如果Jackie Cahill的案子 |
[19:43] | doesn’t go away… | 没有了结掉的话。。。 |
[19:45] | You will… | 你就会。。。 |
[19:47] | (groans) | |
[19:50] | The only reason you’re still alive | 让你活着的唯一理由就是你还有用。 |
[19:52] | is because you’re still useful. | 让你活着的唯一理由就是你还有用。 |
[19:55] | You do not want to win this case. Understand? | 你不要想赢下这个案子,懂了吗? |
[20:01] | I’m going to leave you now, | 我现在要走了, |
[20:03] | and when I do, | 我走了以后, |
[20:05] | you’re going to start feeling better — | 你会感觉好了点。。。 |
[20:07] | Feeling brave. | 觉得有勇气了。 |
[20:09] | Maybe you can call the police. | 没准儿你会报警。 |
[20:12] | That’s why it’s important for you to remember | 那就是为什么记住我将要说的话是非常重要的。。。 |
[20:14] | what I’m going to say right now — | 那就是为什么记住我将要说的话是非常重要的。。。 |
[20:17] | We can always get to you. | 你跑不出我们的手心。 |
[20:21] | If we want you dead… | 如果我们要你的命。。。 |
[20:23] | You, dead. | 你就会没命。 |
[20:25] | Now, stay right here for five minutes, | 现在,五分钟内呆着别动, |
[20:28] | and then you can go about living your life. | 然后你可以继续过你的生活。 |
[20:32] | How much of it is left, that’s up to you. | 至于还能过多久,由你自己决定。 |
[20:50] | (shivering) | |
[21:10] | Richard, of course you have to report this. | Richard,你当然必须要报告这些情况, |
[21:12] | Why haven’t you already — | 你为什么还没有。。。 |
[21:13] | If I report it, I let him win. I–I just — | 如果我报告了,我就让他赢了,我。。。我就是。。。 |
[21:15] | How do you figure that? | 你怎么想的? |
[21:16] | He’s hoping I’ll report it | 他希望我报告这些事然后从案子里撤出去。 |
[21:17] | and try to resign from the case, | 他希望我报告这些事然后从案子里撤出去 |
[21:19] | or he’ll try to have me removed. | 或者他试图赶走我。 |
[21:21] | The judge might do it anyway. | 不管怎么,法官也可能会这么做。 |
[21:22] | The trial gets delayed — | 庭审就要推迟。。。 |
[21:24] | First of all, that doesn’t have to happen. | 首先,你说的那些不见得会发生。 |
[21:25] | You could still continue. | 你还可以接着干。 |
[21:26] | Oh, you know Bobby. He — | 噢,你还不了解Bobby,他会。。。 |
[21:28] | Secondly, your life was threatened. | 其次,你生命安全受到了威胁。 |
[21:30] | A crime was committed. | 一起罪行已经发生了。 |
[21:31] | You’re an officer of the court. You have to report it. | 你是个法庭官员,你必须要报告。 |
[21:33] | Come on, do I really need to be telling you that? | 拜托,这还需要我告诉你吗? |
[21:39] | What? | 怎么了? |
[21:40] | He said if I told the police, I’d die. | 他说过如果我报警,我就没命了。 |
[21:47] | You’re scared. | 你被吓着了。 |
[21:49] | Yes. | 对。 |
[21:52] | Helen, even if I did file a report, | Helen,即使我提交了报告, |
[21:55] | I didn’t even see him. | 我连他脸都没看见。 |
[21:57] | He’s disguised his voice. | 他的声音也做了假。 |
[21:59] | There’s no way I could make an I. D. | 我不可能辨识他的身份。 |
[22:02] | They could dust your garage. | 警察可以从你车库提取指纹。 |
[22:03] | Maybe there are tire tracks, | 或许可以找到轮胎痕迹, |
[22:05] | witnesses in the neighborhood who saw the car. | 或许你的邻居看到他的车了。 |
[22:07] | The police could investigate. | 警察可以进行调查。 |
[22:12] | Richard, you need to report this. | Richard,你得报告这个事。 |
[22:13] | If you won’t, I will. | 你不愿意的话,我会的。 |
[22:18] | All right. | 那好吧。 |
[22:20] | I’m going to call Detective McGuire. | 我要给McGuire警探打电话。 |
[22:21] | We’ll start the investigation. | 我们要开始调查。 |
[22:23] | We’ll put you in protective custody. | 我们会把你纳入保护性监管。 |
[22:24] | Someone will be with you around the clock. | 会有人24小时都跟着你。 |
[22:26] | We’ll guard your house. | 对你的住所进行警卫。 |
[22:27] | Helen — | |
[22:28] | Until the verdict. | 直到判决出来为止。 |
[22:30] | Now, I’m gonna have to talk to Bobby. | 现在,我必须要和Bobby谈谈。 |
[22:32] | Why? | 为什么? |
[22:33] | Because he has to know. | 因为他必须要知道。 |
[22:36] | Now, the only remaining question — | 唯一剩下的问题。。。 |
[22:41] | Are you okay to continue with the trial? | 你还能办这个案子吗? |
[22:45] | Yes. | 能。 |
[22:47] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗? |
[22:48] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[22:51] | And you’ll be going for a conviction, right? | 你会去争取将其定罪,对吗? |
[22:56] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[23:06] | In his own garage? | 在他自己的车库里? |
[23:08] | Yes. I’m assuming you gave him no indication. | 是的,我假设你没有给他暗示。 |
[23:10] | Of course not. | 当然没有。 |
[23:11] | Does he know | 他知道干掉一个地区检察官不会有什么好处吗? |
[23:13] | that knocking off the D. A. won’t do much good? | 他知道干掉一个地区检察官不会有什么好处吗? |
[23:14] | We do have more. | 我们有很多。 |
[23:19] | We may have led him to believe | 我们也许可以让他相信这个特别的检察官是个复仇者。 |
[23:20] | that this particular D. A. was a nemesis. | 我们也许可以让他相信这个特别的检察官是个复仇者。 |
[23:24] | We will set him straight on that. | 我们会直截了当地告诉他的。 |
[23:25] | What an idiot. | 他真是个白痴。 |
[23:27] | So where are we? | 我们现在的情况是? |
[23:28] | Richard’s bent on continuing. You know him. | Richard会继续干下去,你是了解他的。 |
[23:30] | Now you will have a conversation | 现在你该去和你当事人谈谈了。 |
[23:32] | with your client. | 现在你该去和你当事人谈谈了。 |
[23:33] | Oh, yes. | 噢,好的。 |
[23:36] | -I am as shocked as you are. -Don’t give me that. | -我和你一样感到震惊 -别跟我装。 |
[23:38] | Are you that stupid? | 你有那么蠢吗? |
[23:40] | You think killing the district attorney will actually help you? | 你觉得杀了地区检察官对你有实际帮助吗? |
[23:43] | I would never hurt anybody, Ms. Frutt, | 我永远也不会伤害任何人的,Frutt女士, |
[23:45] | but you know what? | 但你们明白了吗?我们的关系已经恶化了。 |
[23:46] | Our relationship has so deteriorated here, | 但你们明白了吗?我们的关系已经恶化了。 |
[23:49] | that maybe you two should get off this case. | 也许你们俩应该离开这个案子了。 |
[23:51] | I should find myself new representation. | 我会自己去找一个代理律师的。 |
[23:54] | So you can buy time? Time to execute the witness? | 以便你能争取时间吗?去干掉证人的时间? |
[23:56] | We’d love to get off, Jackie, but the judge | 我们巴不得退出呢,Jackie, |
[23:58] | will never let that happen, not at this point. | 但是法官在此时是绝不会允许的。 |
[24:01] | If you told him that your disgust prevents you | 如果你跟他说,你对此感到厌恶,使你不能尽力做好。。。 |
[24:03] | from doing your best work — | 如果你跟他说,你对此厌恶至极,是你不能尽力做好。。。 |
[24:05] | The problem is, I do my best work for disgusting clients. | 问题在于,我为我感到厌恶的当事人尽了最大的努力。 |
[24:07] | We’re stuck with each other. The trial is going on. | 我们彼此缠在一起了,这次庭审会继续的。 |
[24:11] | There’s plenty more district attorneys | Richard Bay那里有非常多的地区检察官, |
[24:12] | where Richard Bay came from, | Richard Bay那里有非常多的地区检察官, |
[24:14] | so going after him will get you nothing. | 所以对他下手你什么也得不到。 |
[24:16] | Nothing? | 什么也得不到吗? |
[24:17] | No. You underestimate the value of a smile. | 不,你低估了一个微笑的意义。 |
[24:23] | It’s the simple pleasures, counsel. | 这是莞尔一笑,律师。 |
[24:30] | I heard a series of pops. I don’t know how many. | 我听到一连串儿砰砰声。我不知道有多少。 |
[24:33] | They were loud, like explosions. | 很响,像爆炸声一样。 |
[24:35] | And what happened next, sir? | 接下来呢,先生? |
[24:37] | I looked up through the windshield | 我透过我车的挡风玻璃往上看, |
[24:39] | of my car, and I saw the man with the gun | 我看到了一个持枪男人边横穿街道边开枪。 |
[24:41] | walking across the street, firing. | 我看到了一个持枪男人边横穿街道边开枪。 |
[24:43] | Bullets were going everywhere. | 子弹横飞。 |
[24:49] | This was in daylight? | 是在白天吗? |
[24:51] | Middle of the day, yes. | 是的,中午。 |
[24:53] | Okay, what happened next? | 接下来呢? |
[24:54] | The man with the gun was shooting at the man | 这个持枪男人正在冲一个躺在人行道的人开枪。 |
[24:56] | lying on the sidewalk. | 这个持枪男人正在冲一个躺在人行道的人开枪。 |
[24:58] | He walked up and shot right at the guy’s head. | 他走上前朝那家伙的头开枪。 |
[25:00] | How far away were you from the man who was shooting? | 你离那个开枪的男人有多远? |
[25:03] | Uh, maybe 60 feet. No more than that. | 也许是60英尺,不超过那个距离。 |
[25:11] | Do you see the man who was shooting that day? | 你看到那天开枪的那个人了吗? |
[25:15] | Him. That man sitting right there. | 就是他。坐在那里的那个人。 |
[25:18] | Let the record reflect the witness has identified | 请将证人对被告Jackie Cahill的指认记录下来。 |
[25:20] | the defendant Jackie Cahill. | 请将证人对被告Jackie Cahill的指认记录下来。 |
[25:28] | Nothing further. | 没有别的问题了。 |
[25:34] | What were you doing on that street | 枪击发生的当天你在街上做什么? |
[25:36] | the day of the shooting? | 枪击发生的当天你在街上做什么? |
[25:38] | I work for a courier service. | 我在一家快递公司工作。 |
[25:39] | I was delivering a package in the area a little earlier. | 我刚刚在这个地区送包裹。 |
[25:42] | You said you heard the sound, then you looked up. | 你说你听到了声音,然后抬起头来。 |
[25:45] | What were you doing in your car? | 你那时正在车里做什么? |
[25:47] | -Resting. -Resting… | -休息 -休息。。。 |
[25:49] | Or sleeping? | 睡着了吗? |
[25:51] | I guess maybe I dozed off. | 我觉得我可能是睡着了。 |
[25:53] | You guess? You don’t remember? | 你觉得?你不记得了? |
[25:55] | Well, I work two jobs. I’d been up all night. | 我做两份工作。我一整晚都没睡。 |
[25:57] | I guess I was sleeping. | 我觉得我是睡着了。 |
[25:59] | So when you heard the popping, it woke you | 所以当你听到砰的一声,就把你吵醒了 |
[26:01] | -out of a deep sleep? -I–I don’t know how deep. | -从沉睡中醒过来? -我。。。我不知道睡得沉不沉。 |
[26:03] | But coming out of a sleep groggy, it took you some time | 但是从睡梦中醒来,会让你花一些时间集中精力的。 |
[26:05] | to focus on what was happening. | 但是从睡梦中醒来,会让你花一些时间集中精力的。 |
[26:07] | Maybe a few moments, but when I saw your client | 也许有一小会儿迷瞪,但我看见你的当事人开枪时, |
[26:09] | start shooting, it woke me up fast. | 我很快就清醒了。 |
[26:12] | What was the entire length of time | 你清醒后,你观察这个事件用了多长时间? |
[26:13] | you observed these events once you woke up? | 你清醒后,你观察这个事件用了多长时间? |
[26:16] | -A few seconds. -A few seconds. | -几秒钟。 -几秒钟。 |
[26:19] | Did the shooter ever look directly toward you, | 枪手有没有直视过你? |
[26:21] | or did you only see him from the side? | 或者你只是从侧面看到他? |
[26:22] | From the side. | 是从侧面看的。 |
[26:24] | And once you realized what was happening, you were scared. | 一旦你意识到发生了什么,你就害怕了。 |
[26:26] | -I guess. Yeah. -You ducked down in your car. | -我想,是的。 -你缩头躲在车里了 |
[26:28] | Maybe a little, but I saw him. It was him. | 也许有一点,但我看到了,就是他。 |
[26:34] | Did Mr. Bay tell you if you got into trouble | Bay先生有没有告诉你如果你作证时遇到麻烦的话, |
[26:35] | testifying, just to repeat that? | 就是不断重复即可? |
[26:37] | -Objection. -Withdrawn. Nothing further. | -反对 -撤回这个问题,没有别的要问了。 |
[26:41] | Brief redirect, your honor? | 法官大人,我可以简短地再问一下吗? |
[26:43] | Proceed. | 问吧。 |
[26:50] | The windows of your car — They’re tinted? | 你车的窗户。。。有颜色吗? |
[26:53] | Yeah. Yeah, it’s hard to see in. | 是的,是的,从外面很难看到里面。 |
[26:55] | So the man shooting — You saw him, but — | 那么这个男人开枪的时候。。。你看到了他,但是。。。 |
[26:57] | He wouldn’t have known I was there. | 他不会知道我在车里。 |
[26:58] | -Objection. -Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效。 |
[27:00] | Don’t tell us what the man knew. | 不要跟我们说那个人看到了什么。 |
[27:02] | You got a good look at him? | 你看清楚他了? |
[27:04] | Absolutely. | 绝对看清了。 |
[27:05] | As you sit here now, are you sure who it was? | 你坐在这里,你能确定他是谁吗? |
[27:09] | Yes. It was the defendant. | 是的,就是被告。 |
[27:13] | Thank you, Mr. Ross. | 谢谢你,Ross先生。 |
[27:15] | Nothing further. | 没有别的问题了。 |
[27:21] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了。 |
[27:23] | The witness may step down. | 证人可以退席了。 |
[27:26] | Mr. Bay? | Bay先生? |
[27:27] | The commonwealth rests, your honor. | 控方举证完毕,法官大人。 |
[27:31] | Mr. Donnell? | Donnell先生? |
[27:43] | The defense rests. | 辩方举证完毕。 |
[27:44] | (audience murmuring) | |
[27:52] | How do I not testify? | 我怎么能不出庭作证呢? |
[27:54] | If you want to, you can. | 如果你想的话,可以。 |
[27:56] | I can still make that happen. | 我仍然可以让你去作证。 |
[27:57] | But you don’t want to do that. | 但你不会想这样做的。 |
[27:59] | -Why? -If you testify, Jackie, | -为什么? -Jackie,如果你去做证, |
[28:01] | all your priors could come in to impeach. | 你所有的犯罪前科都会被翻出来。 |
[28:03] | And what are you going to say that would actually help you? | 而且你打算说些什么能对你有实际益处的话呢? |
[28:05] | I’ll say I didn’t do it. The witness was wrong. | 我会说不是我干的,证人弄错了。 |
[28:08] | Look, you can testify. It’s your choice. | 听着,如果你这样选择的话,你可以作证。 |
[28:10] | Right now we’re almost desperate enough to put you up there, | 但现在我们让你作证就是孤注一掷的, |
[28:12] | and if I could think of the slightest upside, | 如果我要是能看到有一点好处的话,我就会那样做。 |
[28:15] | I would, but in my opinion — | 但依我来看。。。 |
[28:16] | Mine, too. | 我也是。 |
[28:17] | It’ll just make things worse. | 只会让事情变得更糟。 |
[28:19] | Your felony record will serve to bolster that witness. | 你的重罪前科将有助于支持那个证人 |
[28:30] | All right. Get me a meeting with Bay. | 那好吧,让我见一下Bay。 |
[28:32] | Why? | 为什么? |
[28:34] | I want to reopen a plea-bargain discussion. | 我想重新开始讨论辩控交易。 |
[28:36] | -I’m not sure he’d be open — -Get me the meeting. | -我不能保证他会同意。。。 -让我和他见面。 |
[28:38] | We can meet with him, then — | 我们能和他见面,然后。。。 |
[28:39] | I want to be there. | 我要参加。 |
[28:41] | Get me a meeting with Richard Bay. | 安排我和Richard Bay见一面。 |
[28:53] | -He’s in the witness room? -Yes. | -他在证人室? -是的。 |
[28:56] | Richard, you’ve asked me three times | Richard,你已经问我三次他是不是在证人室了, |
[28:57] | if he’s in the witness room, | Richard,你已经问我三次他是不是在证人室了, |
[28:58] | and you’re sweating like a pig. | 你像猪似的一身汗。 |
[29:00] | I’m fine. | 我没事。 |
[29:02] | My life was threatened, Helen. Allow me to perspire a little. | Helen,我的生命受到了威胁。总可以允许我出点汗吧。 |
[29:05] | Are you really okay? | 你真的没事吗? |
[29:06] | I’m fine. Let’s go. | 我没事,走吧。 |
[29:15] | All right, we’re here. | 好了,我们来了 |
[29:17] | What’s this about? | 有什么事? |
[29:18] | Our client would like to reopen a plea negotiation. | 我们的当事人想重新谈谈控辩交易。 |
[29:21] | Why? | 为什么? |
[29:22] | Not feeling very confident, Mr. Cahill? | 不很自信了,Cahill先生? |
[29:25] | You’re sexy. | 你真性感。 |
[29:26] | Anybody ever tell you that? Hmm? | 没人告诉你吗,嗯? |
[29:30] | I could throw you on this table | 即使有人围观我也可以现在就把你摁在桌上做爱。 |
[29:31] | and have sex with you right now, | 即使有人围观我也可以现在就把你摁在桌上做爱。 |
[29:33] | even with all these people watching. | 即使有人围观我也可以现在就把你摁在桌上做爱。 |
[29:34] | Any interest? | 有兴趣吗? |
[29:42] | Guard… | 警卫。。。 |
[29:44] | Please handcuff this man to the chair. | 把这人拷在椅子上。 |
[29:46] | Why? | 为什么? |
[29:48] | Well, you either frighten me, Mr. Cahill, | Cahill先生,你要么是吓着我了,要么就是惹恼我了, |
[29:50] | or you piss me off. It’s one or the other. | 反正原因就是其中一个。 |
[30:00] | 40 years. | 四十年刑期 |
[30:02] | The deal you offered was 30. | 你们提出的条件是三十年呀。 |
[30:04] | That was before I had to go to trial. | 那是庭审前。 |
[30:06] | Your case hasn’t gotten any better. | 你们的案子也没有什么改善。 |
[30:08] | It’s still just one witness who didn’t get a great look. | 还是只有一个没看清楚的证人。 |
[30:09] | Why risk it? | 为什么要冒险呢? |
[30:11] | 40 years, take it or leave it. | 四十年,要么接受要么拒绝。 |
[30:15] | This little prick doesn’t even think I’m guilty. | 这个小混蛋甚至都不认为我有罪。 |
[30:17] | -Jackie! -If he really thought -Jackie! | -如果他真的认为我杀了两个人 |
[30:19] | I killed two people, what does he think | 他觉得如果他给我定罪的话我会怎么对付他? |
[30:21] | I’m going to do to him if he convicts me, hmm? | 他觉得如果他给我定罪的话我会怎么对付他? |
[30:23] | If he’s not afraid of that, | 如果他不害怕,那他一定是认为我是无辜的。 |
[30:25] | he must believe I’m innocent. | 如果他不害怕,那他一定是认为我是无辜的。 |
[30:27] | Keep your mouth shut. | 闭嘴吧。 |
[30:28] | He must think I can’t get to him from prison — | 他一定认为我在监狱里就不能弄死他。。。 |
[30:30] | If I were the killer, that is. | 如果我真是凶手,我就能。 |
[30:33] | You think you scare us, Mr. Cahill? | Cahill先生,你觉得你能吓倒我们吗? |
[30:35] | You, me, and this table. Five minutes. | 你,我,在桌上,玩五分钟。 |
[30:42] | Come on, Helen. | 走吧,Helen。 |
[30:48] | How stupid are you, saying that in front of him? | 当他面说这些,你有多蠢呀? |
[30:52] | I was talking to you, my lawyer. | 我那是在跟我的律师说话。 |
[30:54] | Threatening the prosecutor, are you out of your mind? | 威胁检察官,你脑子进水了吗? |
[30:56] | He can still add charges. | 他还可以给你增加指控。 |
[30:58] | No, he won’t. I know when a guy is scared, | 不,他不会的,我知道一个人什么时候会害怕。 |
[31:00] | and he’s pissing himself right now. | 他现在正在尿裤子呢。 |
[31:02] | I’ll bet his closing is a little subpar. | 我敢打赌他的结案陈词会很差劲的。 |
[31:05] | You actually think he’s going to blow this case | 你真的以为他会因为怕你而放水吗? |
[31:07] | because he’s afraid of you? | 你真的以为他会因为怕你而放水吗? |
[31:08] | You give these guys too much credit. | 你太信这些家伙了。 |
[31:10] | They only prosecute | 因为他们找不到像样的工作才去当检察官的。 |
[31:11] | because they can’t find real law jobs. | 因为他们找不到像样的工作才去当检察官的。 |
[31:13] | Losing one case doesn’t make one difference to them, | 输掉一个案子对他们来说没所谓。 |
[31:16] | but if he thinks he’ll pay a price | 但如果他认为给我定罪会让他付出代价。。。 |
[31:18] | for convicting me — | 但如果他认为给我定罪会让他付出代价。。。 |
[31:21] | Look at me. | 看着我。 |
[31:24] | Are you going to do something to him | 如果你输了,你会打算对他干点什么吗? |
[31:26] | if you lose here? | 如果你输了,你会打算对他干点什么吗? |
[31:28] | He has to think I will. | 他一定认为我会的。 |
[31:32] | Why? | 为什么? |
[31:36] | Because it’s my only chance. | 因为这是我唯一的机会。 |
[31:42] | I’ll close. | 我来做结案陈词。 |
[31:44] | You can’t close. It’s my case. | 不行,这是我的案子。 |
[31:47] | Richard, you’re not of the mind. | Richard,你情绪不对, |
[31:49] | What do you mean I’m not of the mind? | 你说我情绪不对是什么意思? |
[31:50] | He’s gotten to you. You’re rattled. | 他盯上你了,你很恐惧。 |
[31:51] | I am not. I am perfectly — | 我没有,我很好。。。 |
[31:53] | Look, you’re understandably frightened. | 听着,你很恐惧是可以理解的。 |
[31:55] | -You seem distracted. -I’ve prepared my closing, | -你看起来心绪不宁。 -我已经写好了结案陈词, |
[31:57] | and I’m ready to deliver it. | 而且我也准备好去做结案陈述。 |
[31:58] | I can’t let him intimidate me. | 我不能让他吓住我。 |
[32:00] | He already has. | 他已经吓住你了。 |
[32:04] | Richard, you don’t have to be the big hero here. | Richard,你没有必要去逞英雄。 |
[32:09] | It’s not about being a hero, Helen. | 这与逞英雄无关,Helen |
[32:11] | It’s about being me. | 这是做好我自己。 |
[32:15] | This is what I am. | 我就是这样的。 |
[32:16] | I’m a D.A. I can’t — | 我是个地区检察官,我不能。。。 |
[32:20] | If I start letting defendants scare me, | 如果我开始让被告把我吓倒了, |
[32:22] | what am I? | 那我算什么? |
[32:25] | I guess you’d be human. | 我觉得你是个正常人。 |
[32:30] | I’m fine. | 我没事。 |
[32:32] | I’m prepared, and I’m ready. | 我准备了,我也准备好了 |
[33:26] | 00:33:26,306 –> 00:33:27,708 When my client heard | 当我的当事人得知警察要找他谈话, |
[33:27] | that the police wanted to talk to him, | 当我的当事人得知警察要找他谈话, |
[33:29] | he voluntarily went to the precinct. | 他自愿去了分区警局。 |
[33:32] | What he expected to find was a police department | 他本以为是警方想了解一些情况。 |
[33:36] | interested in discovering the truth. | 他本以为是警方想了解一些情况。 |
[33:39] | Instead, he found frustrated detectives | 但他遇到的是那些因为破不了两起引人关注的谋杀案 而愤怒沮丧的警探。 |
[33:41] | so angry that they couldn’t solve | 但他遇到的是那些因为破不了两起引人关注的谋杀案 而愤怒沮丧的警探。 |
[33:42] | two high-profile homicides, | 但他遇到的是那些因为破不了两起引人关注的谋杀案 而愤怒沮丧的警探。 |
[33:44] | that they were willing to arrest him | 他们想逮捕他并希望指控能成立。 |
[33:46] | and hope that the charges would stick. | 他们想逮捕他并希望指控能成立。 |
[33:49] | They searched his house, his bar, | 他们搜查了他的家和他的酒吧, |
[33:52] | and they couldn’t come up with one shred | 但他们找不到一丝一毫 可以把我的当事人和这起犯罪联系起来的物证。。。 |
[33:54] | of physical evidence to connect my client to this crime — | 但他们找不到一丝一毫 可以把我的当事人和这起犯罪联系起来的物证。。。 |
[33:57] | No murder weapon, no fingerprints, | 没有凶器,没有指纹, |
[34:01] | not on the shell casings recovered at the scene, | 现场发现的弹壳上没有, |
[34:04] | not on the cars that were parked on the street. | 停在路边的车上也没有。 |
[34:06] | Nothing to prove that my client has ever owned a gun | 甚至没有证据表明我的当事人有过枪或者拿过枪。 |
[34:09] | or even held a gun, | 甚至没有证据表明我的当事人有过枪或者拿过枪。 |
[34:11] | let alone used one to commit a double murder. | 更不用说用一把枪杀了两个人。 |
[34:15] | Nothing to prove that he was even | 也没有证据表明枪击时他在附近。 |
[34:16] | in the neighborhood at the time of the shooting. | 也没有证据表明枪击时他在附近。 |
[34:19] | Nothing to suggest that my client | 甚至也没有证据表明我的当事人认识Michael Biggs。 |
[34:21] | even knew Michael Biggs. | 甚至也没有证据表明我的当事人认识Michael Biggs。 |
[34:24] | Mr. Bay has built his entire case | Bay先生的整个案子完全建立在一个证人的证词上。 |
[34:27] | on the word of a witness | Bay先生的整个案子完全建立在一个证人的证词上。 |
[34:29] | who admits he was sleeping | 这个证人承认案发时正在睡觉。。。 |
[34:31] | when this happened — | 这个证人承认案发时正在睡觉。。。 |
[34:33] | A witness who is as unbelievable | 这个没有责任心的证人让人难以信任。 |
[34:34] | as he is irresponsible, | 这个没有责任心的证人让人难以信任。 |
[34:37] | a witness who should have been doing his job, | 这个证人本应正在工作而他却大中午地在车里睡着了。 |
[34:40] | but instead fell asleep in his car | 这个证人本应正在工作而他却大中午地在车里睡着了。 |
[34:41] | in the middle of the day. | 这个证人本应正在工作而他却大中午地在车里睡着了。 |
[34:43] | He woke up because he heard shots. | 他因为听到枪声而惊醒。 |
[34:46] | He was groggy. He struggled to get his bearings, | 他昏昏沉沉地,他努力地去弄明白怎么回事。 |
[34:49] | and when he saw it was a shooting, | 而当他发现是枪击时, |
[34:51] | he ducked down. It’s human instinct. | 他缩低身子,这是人类的本能反应。 |
[34:53] | When you hear gunshots, your first thought | 当你听到枪声,你首先想到的是自我保护。 |
[34:55] | is to protect yourself. | 当你听到枪声,你首先想到的是自我保护。 |
[34:57] | And Mr. Ross admitted he only saw the shooter | Ross先生承认他只看到了枪手的侧面。 |
[35:00] | from the side, | Ross先生承认他只看到了枪手的侧面。 |
[35:01] | from a distance of 60 feet, | 在六十英尺外透过有色玻璃一共只看了几秒钟。 |
[35:04] | through tinted windows | 在六十英尺外透过有色玻璃一共只看了几秒钟。 |
[35:06] | for a total of a few seconds at most. | 在六十英尺外透过有色玻璃一共只看了几秒钟。 |
[35:10] | Beyond reasonable doubt? | 这是超越合理怀疑的吗? |
[35:14] | Not even close. | 差远了。 |
[35:37] | When you become a prosecutor, | 当你做为检察官的时候, |
[35:39] | your supervisors give you one basic piece of advice — | 你的主管给你一个基本的建议。。。 |
[35:44] | Keep it simple. | 简化原则。 |
[35:46] | Focus on the facts. | 注重事实。 |
[35:48] | Forget the distractions. | 无视纷扰。 |
[35:50] | Keep your eye on the truth. | 紧盯真相。 |
[35:53] | Be willing to stand up for what’s right, | 不顾代价为真理挺身而出。 |
[35:56] | whatever the cost. | 不顾代价为真理挺身而出。 |
[35:58] | Mr. Donnell says our case comes down to one witness. | Donnell先生声称我们的案子只靠一名证人 |
[36:02] | Simply put, he’s right. | 简言之,他是对的。 |
[36:05] | If you believe Mr. Ross, | 如果你相信Ross先生,你们就会判被告有罪。 |
[36:07] | you must convict the defendant, | 如果你相信Ross先生,你们就会判被告有罪。 |
[36:11] | and you should believe Mr. Ross, | 而你们应该相信Ross先生,因为他直接目睹了这起谋杀案。 |
[36:14] | because he had a front-row seat for these murders. | 而你们应该相信Ross先生,因为他直接目睹了这起谋杀案。 |
[36:17] | He was sitting at street level | 他在临街的位置,有最佳的视野看到枪手。 |
[36:18] | with the best possible view of the shooter. | 他在临街的位置,有最佳的视野看到枪手。 |
[36:21] | It was day. The lighting couldn’t have been better. | 那是在大白天,光线良好。 |
[36:24] | He saw the defendant, | 他看到了被告。 |
[36:25] | but the defendant couldn’t see him — | 但被告看不到他。。。 |
[36:28] | Didn’t even know he was there, | 甚至不知道他在那里, |
[36:30] | which probably saved Mr. Ross’s life. | 这可能救了Ross先生的命。 |
[36:33] | Mr. Donnell has the gall to suggest | Donnell先生竟然提出Ross先生睡午觉是没有责任心。 |
[36:37] | that Mr. Ross was irresponsible | Donnell先生竟然提出Ross先生睡午觉是没有责任心。 |
[36:39] | for taking a nap. | Donnell先生竟然提出Ross先生睡午觉是没有责任心。 |
[36:42] | Mr. Ross did the responsible thing | 但Ross先生做了件有责任心的事, |
[36:44] | by coming forward immediately after the shooting. | 他在枪击后立刻挺身而出。 |
[36:48] | His description of the shooter | 他对枪手的描述与被告完全吻合。 |
[36:49] | matched the defendant perfectly. | 他对枪手的描述与被告完全吻合。 |
[36:52] | He had the courage to come into this room, | 他有勇气走进法庭, |
[36:56] | swear to tell the truth | 发誓要说出真相。 |
[36:58] | and identify the defendant | 并指认了被告就是当天他看到的枪手。 |
[37:00] | as the man he saw that day. | 并指认了被告就是当天他看到的枪手。 |
[37:03] | And no matter how hard Mr. Donnell tried, | 不管Donnell先生怎么努力, |
[37:06] | he couldn’t shake that testimony. | 他也无法撼动那些证词。 |
[37:09] | Mr. Ross is absolutely sure the killer is this man. | Ross先生确认凶手就是这个坐在那里的人。 |
[37:14] | This man right here. | Ross先生确认凶手就是这个坐在那里的人。 |
[37:17] | And let me make this simple. Two men are dead. | 让我们把事情简化一些,两个人被杀了。 |
[37:21] | Mr. Cahill is so brazen, | Cahill先生如此厚颜无耻, |
[37:24] | so cold-blooded, | 如此冷血, |
[37:27] | he killed them in broad daylight | 他在光天化日之下杀了他们 |
[37:30] | because he thought no one would dare stop him, | 因为他认为没人敢阻止他, |
[37:32] | nobody would have the guts to come forward, | 没有人会有勇气挺身而出指控他, |
[37:35] | to prosecute him, to look him in the eye and say it. | 直视他说:你是个凶手。 |
[37:43] | You’re a killer. | 直视他说:你是个凶手。 |
[37:45] | You’re a coward, | 你是个懦夫, |
[37:47] | and thanks to the jury, | 幸亏有陪审团,你会罪有应得的。 |
[37:49] | you’re about to get what you deserve. | 幸亏有陪审团,你会罪有应得的。 |
[37:57] | Believe Mr. Ross and convict this man. | 信任Ross先生,判他有罪。 |
[38:01] | He thinks he’s untouchable. | 他认为他是碰不得的。 |
[38:04] | Prove to him he’s wrong. | 证明给他看看,他错了。 |
[38:26] | You do this long enough, you think you’ve seen it all. | 这行做久了,你会以为你啥都见识过了。 |
[38:28] | He actually threatened him in the room? | 他真的威胁他了? |
[38:30] | Right after basically threatening to rape Helen. | 就在威胁要强奸Helen之后。 |
[38:33] | And they’re not filing charges? | 他们没有增加指控? |
[38:34] | -Not so far. -Did it work? | -还没有 -那起作用了吗? |
[38:36] | -Was Bay nervous? -He seemed to close okay. | -Bay紧张了吗? -他结案陈述做得不错。 |
[38:38] | I thought he closed better than usual. | 我认为比通常的要好。 |
[38:40] | Hey, when’s the last time she ate? | 嘿,她最后一次吃饭是什么时候? |
[38:42] | Around 5:00, | 差不多五点。 |
[38:44] | but she puked most of it on Eugene. | 但她把大部分都吐在Eugene身上了。 |
[38:47] | Sorry. | 不好意思。 |
[38:48] | -You ready? -All set? | -准备好了? -都安排好了? |
[38:50] | The sitter’s at home. | 保姆在家 |
[38:51] | I actually get to go out to a restaurant tonight. | 我今晚真的要去餐馆。 |
[38:53] | (telephone rings) | |
[38:55] | Donnell, Dole, et cetera. | Donnell, Dole。。。事务所 |
[38:59] | Yeah. Thank you. | 知道了,谢谢你。 |
[39:02] | Verdict. | 有裁决了, |
[39:03] | Already? | 有了? |
[39:27] | Will the defendant please rise? | 请被告起立。 |
[39:31] | Madame foreperson, has the jury reached a verdict? | 陪审团主席女士,陪审团做出裁决了吗? |
[39:34] | We have, your honor. | 是的,法官大人。 |
[39:36] | What say you? | 请宣布。 |
[39:38] | “Commonwealth versus Jackson Cahill — | 马萨诸塞州起诉Jackson Cahill。。。 |
[39:40] | “On the first count of murder in the first degree, | 第一项一级谋杀罪名, |
[39:43] | “We find the defendant Jackson Cahill | 我们裁定被告Jackson Cahill |
[39:47] | “Guilty. | 有罪 |
[39:49] | “On the second count, murder in the first degree, | 第二项一级谋杀罪名 |
[39:52] | “We find the defendant Jackson Cahill… | 我们裁定被告Jackson Cahill |
[39:56] | Guilty.” | 有罪 |
[39:57] | Officers, take the defendant back into custody. | 警官,将被告收押。 |
[40:01] | I’ll schedule sentencing later. | 我会择日宣布量刑。 |
[40:03] | Members of the jury, this completes your service. | 陪审团成员们,你们尽到了你们的义务。 |
[40:06] | You are dismissed with the thanks of the court. | 法庭感谢你们,你们可以解散了 |
[40:08] | Adjourned. | 休庭。 |
[40:11] | Bobby, can you start working on my appeal, please? | Bobby,你能开始处理我的上诉吗? |
[40:15] | Jackie, I think you need to get yourself another lawyer. | Jackie,我认为你还是再找一个律师吧。 |
[40:42] | I’m fine. | 我没事。 |
[40:44] | I sweat by nature, okay? | 我生来爱出汗,行了吧? |
[40:46] | Do you want to keep the security? | 你想保留警卫吗? |
[40:48] | Should I? | 需要吗? |
[40:49] | Well, he’s got nothing to gain now. | 他现在没有什么可图的, |
[40:51] | Threatening you can’t do him any good. | 威胁你也不会有什么用了。 |
[40:52] | Unless he just gets off on it. | 除非他能跑出来。 |
[41:04] | Why don’t I get the guards back? | 我还是把警卫找回来吧? |
[41:05] | No, I don’t want to let him win. | 不用,我不想让他赢了。 |
[41:08] | Just keep the security for a week. | 就再保留一个星期的警卫。 |
[41:10] | I’ll push them upstairs to pay for it. | 我会说服上级支付费用的。 |
[41:11] | No, I’m fine. I really am. | 不,我没事,真的没事。 |
[41:15] | I’m right over there. | 我的车就在这儿。 |
[41:17] | -Where are you? -Up a level. | -你呢? -上一层。 |
[41:20] | -Are you sure you’re okay? -Fine. | -你确定没事吗? -没事。 |
[41:22] | Okay. Congratulations, Richard. | 那好吧,祝贺你,Richard |
[41:24] | -You tried a great case. -Thanks. | -你这案子办得很棒, -谢谢 |
[41:25] | Call me if you need any company. | 想找个伴儿就给我打电话。 |
[41:38] | Are you leaving? | 你要走吗? |
[41:44] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[41:45] | Good. | 好的。 |
[41:48] | Not too jumpy — She’s 80. | 别紧张,她都80岁了。 |