时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:48] | You ok? | 你还好吧? |
[03:51] | Yep. | 还好 |
[03:53] | Maybe you should take a second chair. | 或许应该给你配个副手 |
[03:55] | Ellenor go with her. | Ellenor,你跟她一起去 |
[03:58] | I think I should check on Helen. She’s ah… | 我想我应该去看看Helen,她。。。 |
[03:59] | Lindsay can do it. | Lindsay能处理 |
[04:00] | Well, let Eugene do it. | 那么,让Eugene做吧 |
[04:02] | I didn’t ask Eugene. | 我没有要求Eugene |
[04:04] | Well, I’m asking you to ask… | 那么,我现在要求你。。。 |
[04:05] | Ellenor! Ellenor! | |
[04:06] | Why can’t Eugene do it? | Eugene为什么不能去? |
[04:07] | It’s a murder trial. | 这是一个谋杀案庭审 |
[04:08] | All right, come on! | 好了,算了吧 |
[04:09] | Eugene can’t do murder trials? | Eugene不能处理谋杀案? |
[04:10] | No, not this one. | 对,这一个不行 |
[04:11] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[04:12] | Because I’m asking you! | 因为我要你去做! |
[04:17] | I can second chair. I’m free. | 我能做副手,我现在没事 |
[04:21] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[04:24] | I guess I’ll be going now. | 我想我现在就走吧 |
[04:35] | We cleared the area. | 这里清场了 |
[04:36] | Last cell on the left. | 在左边那个监房里 |
[04:38] | Good. Beat it. | 很好,请回避 |
[04:49] | Mr. Donnell informs me he no longer represents you. | Donnell先生通知我,他不再代理你了 |
[04:52] | Then get me somebody else. | 那就给我再找个别的人 |
[04:55] | I didn’t hear that. | 我没听到 |
[04:57] | Here’s the deal Mr. Cahill, | Cahill先生,交易条件是 |
[04:59] | Your gonna tell me who the shooters are. | 你要告诉我杀手是谁 |
[05:03] | Oh really? | 噢,是吗? |
[05:04] | And what are you gonna offer me for this little gesture? | 为了这小动作,你会给我什么报答 |
[05:07] | Your life. | 你的命 |
[05:10] | See, I have a press conference scheduled for 11:00 | 听着,我11点有个新闻发布会 |
[05:13] | at which point I’m going to announce that you’ve agreed to tell us, | 那时我会宣称你已经向我们坦白了 |
[05:17] | not only who the triggerman was, | 不仅仅是供出刺客 |
[05:19] | but also the names of the people you do business with. | 还供出了和你做生意的人 |
[05:22] | Then I’m going to have you released into the general prison population, | 然后我会把你转到一般级别的监狱 |
[05:26] | and you will be dead. | 然后你就完蛋了 |
[05:28] | Right. | 好啊 |
[05:29] | You wanna call my bluff? | 你觉得我是在吓唬你吗? |
[05:35] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[05:38] | You get me a lawyer first, and then I’ll consider things. | 你先给我找个律师,然后我考虑一下这事 |
[05:47] | Manslaughter? | 过失杀人罪? |
[05:48] | If we can agree on sentencing. | 如果我们能在量刑上达成一致的话 |
[05:52] | They must know I’m innocent. | 他们知道我是无辜的 |
[05:54] | If they really thought I killed her like they say, | 如果他们确信我杀了她 |
[05:56] | they would never offer manslaughter. Would they? | 他们绝不会提出过失杀人的交易条件,对吧? |
[06:00] | The offer doesn’t reflect what they believe, Wendle. | 提出这个交易并不代表他们确信什么,Wendle |
[06:03] | It only goes to how they feel about the case. | 这只关系到他们对案件的看法 |
[06:07] | Well, I want to reject it. | 那么,我要拒绝 |
[06:09] | I’m not saying take the offer, | 我不是说接受这个提议 |
[06:12] | but you would be risking a life sentence by going to trial. | 但出庭的话,你有被判终身监禁的危险 |
[06:17] | You understand that? | 你明白吗? |
[06:19] | I want to go to trial. | 我要出庭 |
[06:27] | You did everything you could Bobby. | 你已经尽力了,Bobby |
[06:29] | You warned him. Richard had protection. | 你警告过他,Richard得到保护了 |
[06:31] | There was nothing… | 你还能做什么。。 |
[06:32] | I’m gonna give you some of my cases, ok Eugene? | Eugene,我会把我处理的一些案子转给你,好吗? |
[06:37] | I’m gonna take some time off, I think. | 我想我要休息一阵子 |
[06:41] | How long? | 多久? |
[06:44] | Maybe indefinite. | 说不好 |
[06:47] | I don’t think that would be wise at the moment. | 我认为现在这样做不明智 |
[06:50] | Everybody’s trying to hold it together. | 每个人都在努力保持团结 |
[06:52] | We need your leadership. | 我们需要你的领导 |
[06:53] | You took over before. You did a great job. | 你以前接手过。你处理得很好 |
[06:57] | There are times when the people here need you. | 有些时候,这里需要你 |
[07:04] | This is one of those times. | 现在就是其中一次 |
[07:10] | I need time to process this, Ms. Gamble. | 我需要时间来处理这件事,Gamble女士 |
[07:12] | We don’t have time, Mr. Powell. | Powell先生,我们没时间了 |
[07:14] | Whoever shot Richard Bay might be fleeing the jurisdiction | 在我们讨论和计划的时候 |
[07:17] | as we speak or planning to. | 无论谁枪杀了Richard Bay,都可能正在逃离司法管辖区 |
[07:18] | Offers good for one hour only. | 交易有效期只有一个小时 |
[07:21] | If there’s a deal, I want it on paper, | 如果达成协议,我要书面形式的 |
[07:23] | with a judge on board. | 法官要在场 |
[07:24] | No time. You’ve got one hour. | 没时间了,你只有一个小时 |
[07:25] | This is extortion! | 这简直是勒索! |
[07:26] | You threaten to hang a snitch jacket on my client. | 你威胁我的客户要把他说成是告密者 |
[07:29] | That’s a death threat! | 那就是死亡威胁 |
[07:30] | Mr. Powell, if your turning down the deal then get out. | Powell先生,如果你拒绝的话就走吧 |
[07:35] | Run it by me again. | 再给我解释一下 |
[07:36] | First he gets immunity on Richard Bay’s murder. | 首先他得到Richard Bay谋杀案中的豁免权 |
[07:39] | Which we make no abmission he had anything to do with. | 我们不承认他跟这个案子有什么关系 |
[07:41] | Right, he just happens to know who did. | 没错,他只是碰巧知道凶手是谁 |
[07:43] | And what about his life sentence? | 那么,他的终身监禁呢? |
[07:45] | We’ll cut it to twenty years. | 我们会减少到20年 |
[07:47] | And how would you accomplish that when the sentence is statutory? | 这个判刑是经过法定程序的,你怎么能达成你的目的 |
[07:50] | You bring a motion to vacate the verdict and I support it. | 你提出一个撤销判刑动议,我会支持这个动议 |
[07:53] | And you think a judge would ever sign off… | 而你觉得法官会签字。。。 |
[07:55] | If he knows the deal was made to capture | 如果他知道这个交易是为了 |
[07:57] | the killer of a district attorney, yes. | 抓到杀死检察官的凶手的话,他会签的 |
[08:00] | You then enter a plea to two counts of second degree, | 接下来你启动对两个二级谋杀罪状的申诉 |
[08:02] | we run the sentences, concurrently, | 我们同时运作 |
[08:05] | and he’s eligible for parole in twenty years. | 他可以有资格在20年内获得假释 |
[08:08] | I’ll certainly take it to him. | 我会跟他说的 |
[08:10] | Take it to him now | 现在就去告诉他 |
[08:11] | and tell him that the general prison population awaits him. | 还要告诉他监狱里的人都在等着他呢 |
[08:16] | I’ll draft the plea agreement and see you in an hour. | 我会起草一个抗辩协议,一个小时内要见到你 |
[08:23] | When I got to the house, she was lying face up next to the pool. | 当我进到房子里,她正仰面躺在旁边的游泳池 |
[08:26] | Mrs. Forsley? | Forsley太太吗? |
[08:27] | Yes. I immediately checked for vital signs but she was dead. | 对,我马上检查她的生命体征,但她已经死了 |
[08:30] | Was anybody else there? | 那里有别人在吗? |
[08:32] | Mr. Forsley, he was soaking wet. | Forsley先生在,他浑身湿透 |
[08:34] | Did Mr. Forsley say anything to you? | Forsley先生跟你说了什么吗? |
[08:37] | Yes, he stated that he had just arrived home from work. | 说了,他说他刚下班回到家 |
[08:41] | He discovered his wife lying at the bottom of the pool, | 他发现他太太躺在池底 |
[08:44] | jumped in, pulled her out, | 他说他跳进去,把她拉上来 |
[08:45] | tired to revive her but was unsuccessful. | 试图让她复苏,但没有成功 |
[08:48] | Officer, at what time did you arrive at the Forsley residence that night? | 警官,那天晚上你到Forsley家的时候是几点? |
[08:53] | It was at 9:52 p.m. | 九点五十二分 |
[08:54] | And officer, when did the 911 call come into your knowledge? | 那么警官,你记得911是什么时间通知你的? |
[08:59] | At 9:41 | 九点四十一分 |
[09:01] | I was walking my dog when I saw him arrive home. | 我看到他回家的时候我正在遛狗 |
[09:04] | Saw who Mrs. Moshure? | Moshure先生你看到了谁? |
[09:05] | Wendle. He pulled into his driveway. | 是Wendle,他在停车 |
[09:08] | Do you know the defendant? | 你认识被告吗? |
[09:09] | Yes, he’s my next door neighbour. | 他是我隔壁的邻居 |
[09:11] | And you saw him in the car? | 你看到他在车里? |
[09:13] | I saw him in the car, | 我看到他在车里 |
[09:14] | I saw him get out and walk in the front door. | 我看到他下车走进前门 |
[09:17] | Are you positive that it was Wendle Forsley? | 你肯定那是Wendle Forsley吗? |
[09:20] | I’m positive, yes. | 是的,我能肯定 |
[09:21] | I was on the other side of the street. | 我在街的另一侧 |
[09:23] | And what time was this? | 那是什么时候? |
[09:25] | A little before 8:00. | 差一点到八点 |
[09:26] | I was impatiently waiting for my dog to have his bowel movement. | 我等我的狗大便等得心烦 |
[09:31] | It was about three minutes to 8:00 | 八点差三分钟吧 |
[09:33] | because I wanted to get back inside to watch Boston Public, | 因为我想回去看电视剧《Boston Public》 |
[09:35] | which starts at 8:00. | 八点开始 |
[09:37] | You testified that you know Wendle? | 你说你认识Wendle? |
[09:41] | Yes, were neighbours. | 是的,他是我邻居 |
[09:42] | How well do you know him? | 你和他很熟吗? |
[09:44] | Well, we’ve lived next to each other for three years. | 很熟,我们做了三年的邻居 |
[09:46] | Been to each others houses? | 互相串门吗? |
[09:48] | Many times. | 好多次 |
[09:49] | How would you describe him? | 你觉得他怎么样? |
[09:51] | gentle, kind. | 文雅和善 |
[09:53] | In the three years you’ve been living next to him, | 在这做邻居的三年里 |
[09:56] | did you ever hear Wendle and his wife argue? | 你听到过Wendle和他太太吵架吗? |
[09:59] | Never. | 从来没有 |
[10:00] | Ever see, hear, or witness Wendle become violent in any way? | 可曾看到或者听到Wendle有任何形式的暴力行为吗? |
[10:04] | No. | 没有 |
[10:05] | Ever see him with his wife Annie? | 可曾看到他和他太太Annie在一起? |
[10:08] | Oh, many times. | 噢,好多次 |
[10:10] | Could you describe that relationship as you observed it? | 你能描述一下你观察到他们之间的关系? |
[10:13] | It seemed very loving. | 看起来很恩爱 |
[10:15] | They were both very devoted to each other. | 他们彼此都倾心于对方 |
[10:21] | You don’t think it was worth crossing her on the time? | 你不觉得应该在时间问题上对她交叉质询吗? |
[10:24] | She was too positive. | 她很肯定 |
[10:25] | Three minutes and counting till Boston Public waiting for her dog to poop. | 她等着狗拉屎的时候数着三分钟好去看《Boston Public》 |
[10:29] | Did you check to see if they maybe ran that show late that night? | 你核实了是否那晚上节目推迟播出了吗? |
[10:32] | I checked. They didn’t. | 我查过,没有推迟 |
[10:33] | And were not disputing the time anyway. | 时间问题上,无可争辩 |
[10:35] | But he told the cop he had just gotten home. | 但是他告诉警察那时他刚回家 |
[10:38] | He was in shock. | 他处于惊恐之中 |
[10:39] | He abmits he was wrong about that. | 他承认他说错了 |
[10:42] | That’s kind of a big mistake. | 这错误有点太大了 |
[10:43] | Jimmy, he’s innocent. | Jimmy,他是无辜的 |
[10:46] | That mistake is the only reason he’s on trial. | 这个错误是导致他被指控的唯一原因 |
[10:57] | All of this is conditional. | 这是所有的条件 |
[10:58] | The shooter only. No business associates. | 只需要说出凶手,无需供出生意伙伴 |
[11:01] | Everybody involved in the shooting. | 所有涉及枪击的人 |
[11:03] | Directly, indirectly, | 直接和间接的都要 |
[11:04] | or there is no deal. | 否则就没有交易 |
[11:06] | There’s just one guy. | 只有一个人 |
[11:07] | A witness saw a woman driver in the car. | 一个目击者说是个女人开的车 |
[11:10] | that’s his mother. She lives with him. | 那是他的妈妈,他和她住在一起 |
[11:12] | If it turns out anybody else is involved, deal is off. | 如果结果证明还有别人参与,交易就取消 |
[11:15] | There’s nobody else. | 没有别人了 |
[11:17] | What’s his name? | 他的名字? |
[11:22] | Bruce Manning. | Bruce Manning |
[11:24] | He lives at 1412 Columbus Street in the South end. | 他住在Columbus街南头的1412号 |
[11:40] | How you doing? | 你还好吧? |
[11:41] | ok. | 嗯 |
[11:50] | Why are you even working? | 你为什么还在工作? |
[11:53] | I have things to do. | 我有事要做 |
[11:56] | You giving the eulogy? | 你在写悼词? |
[11:58] | One of them. | 是其中一件 |
[12:03] | Seems like yesterday we were kids in school, doesn’t it? | 好像昨天我们还在上学,不是吗? |
[12:07] | Talking about our dreams. | 谈论梦想 |
[12:12] | Now you’re married, a mom, | 而现在你已经结婚了,要做妈妈了 |
[12:16] | and we’ve had friends Killed. | 可我们有个朋友却被杀了 |
[12:21] | We’re not kids anymore are we? | 我们不再是孩子了,是吧? |
[12:24] | no. | 对 |
[12:28] | no. | 嗯 |
[12:35] | Did you make a determination, doctor, | 医生,你对死因 |
[12:37] | as to the cause of death? | 有了明确的结论了吗? |
[12:38] | Asphyxiation caused by drowning. | 溺水引起的窒息 |
[12:41] | What lead you to make this finding, doctor? | 医生,是什么让你得出这个结论的 |
[12:43] | The amount of water we found in her lungs. | 她的肺里存在大量的水 |
[12:46] | And did you make a determination as to | 那么你认为这次溺水 |
[12:48] | whether this drowning was accidental or not? | 是否是事故? |
[12:51] | There was bruising around the victim’s neck | 受害者脖子上有瘀伤 |
[12:53] | consistent with her being held under water. | 符合被强行摁在水里的情形 |
[12:56] | We ruled it a homicide | 我们认为是他杀 |
[12:59] | Cause of death was drowning? | 死因是溺水? |
[13:01] | Correct. | 是的 |
[13:01] | And doctor, you mentioned bruises around Mrs. Forsley’s neck. | 那么,医生,你提到了Forsley太太脖子上的瘀伤 |
[13:05] | Were there any other bruises found on her? | 她身上还有别的瘀伤吗? |
[13:07] | There was a slight contusion on the side of her head. | 她的头部侧面有轻微挫伤 |
[13:10] | Any idea how she got that? | 你觉得是怎么造成的? |
[13:12] | The head may have scraped the pool while he was pulling her out. | 当他把她拉出来的时候,头可能擦到了池边儿 |
[13:14] | Could it be possible she hit her head before drowning? | 有没有可能是她在溺水前撞到了头? |
[13:18] | It’s possible. | 有这个可能 |
[13:19] | Thank you doctor. | 谢谢你医生 |
[13:20] | And is it possible Mrs. Forsley bumped her head, | 有没有可能福斯利太太撞到了头 |
[13:23] | became unconscious, causing her to drown? | 失去知觉,导致她溺水? |
[13:26] | With bruises around her neck? | 可她脖子上的瘀伤呢? |
[13:28] | If one were to drag her from a pool by her neck, | 如果有人攥着她的脖子把她从游泳池里拖出来的话 |
[13:31] | she could get post mortem bruising, could she not? | 她死后可能会产生瘀伤,不是吗? |
[13:33] | Is that was he’s saying? | 他是这么描述的吗? |
[13:34] | This isn’t about what anybody’s saying doctor. | 这无关谁说了什么,医生 |
[13:37] | I’m asking you, as a coroner, | 我是在问你,从一个验尸官的角度 |
[13:40] | if a drowning victim were pulled from a pool by her neck | 如果一个溺水者被攥着脖子拖出池子 |
[13:44] | could she suffer post mordem bruising? | 她会产生尸检时的瘀伤吗? |
[13:46] | I’ll say unlikely. | 要我说不大可能 |
[13:48] | Unlikely, so possible? | 不太可能,那还是有可能吧? |
[13:51] | remotely possible. | 很小的可能性 |
[13:58] | Captain. | 副警长 |
[13:59] | Ms. Gamble. Nice to see you again. | Gamble女士,幸会 |
[14:03] | I’m sorry about Mr. Bay. | 我为bay先生感到难过 |
[14:04] | Thank you. | 多谢你 |
[14:05] | Listen, I’ve made a tentative deal with Jackie Cahill. | 听着,我和Jackie Cahill做了一个初步的交易 |
[14:07] | He’s given me the name of the shooter. | 他给了我枪手的名字 |
[14:10] | Here’s the address. | 还有他的住址 |
[14:11] | Now the problem is there are others in the building including his mother. | 现在问题是包括他妈妈在内还有别人在那里 |
[14:14] | According to Mr. Cahill | 据Cahill先生交待 |
[14:15] | this man wont hesitate to either take hostages or shoot his way out. | 这个人会毫不迟疑地扣押人质或枪杀他们 |
[14:19] | My suggestion is you apprehend him outside. | 我的建议时你们要在外面抓到他 |
[14:21] | He has a nighttime job. | 他是夜班 |
[14:23] | Reportedly he leaves work around 9:00. | 根据报告,他差不多九点下班 |
[14:25] | This comes from Cahill? | 这些是 Cahill说的? |
[14:27] | Yes. Evidently he carries at all times. | 是的,很显然他始终带着枪 |
[14:30] | He is extremely dangerous as he is volatile, | 他极端危险,而且情绪很不稳定 |
[14:32] | so make sure your men protect themselves. | 所以,确保你的手下要注意安全 |
[14:35] | We’ll take him tonight. | 我们今晚就拿下他 |
[14:37] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[14:41] | I went out to the pool and I saw her. | 我走出到池子,看到了她 |
[14:47] | She was lying face down at the bottom. | 她躺在池底 |
[14:50] | And what did you do? | 你做了什么? |
[14:51] | I jumped in to get her. | 我跳下去救她 |
[14:54] | I swam down. I pulled her out. | 我潜入水,把她拉出来 |
[14:56] | Tried to give her mouth to mouth but… | 努力进行人工呼吸,但是。。。 |
[14:58] | When you pulled her out how did you do that? | 你把她拉出来的时候是怎么做的? |
[15:02] | I first tried to by the arm, | 我先是试图抓住她的胳膊 |
[15:06] | but I couldn’t get any leverage. | 但我使不上劲儿 |
[15:08] | I remember I grabbed her head to pull her upright a little. | 我记得我抓住她的头拉起来一点 |
[15:12] | Then tried to get her on my shoulder. | 然后试图让她靠在我的肩头 |
[15:15] | Did you ever grab her neck? | 你攥住过她的脖子吗? |
[15:19] | I may have. I can’t really remember. | 也许吧,我确实记不清了 |
[15:21] | How long did it take for you to pull her out? | 你把她拉出池子用了多长时间? |
[15:24] | Well, I was unsuccessful at first. | 我一开始没有成功 |
[15:27] | I had to come up for air. | 我不得不上来换口气 |
[15:28] | Then I went back down and I was able to drag her up. | 然后我潜回去,把她拖上来 |
[15:33] | It might have been a few minutes. | 大概有几分钟吧 |
[15:35] | Do you remember what happened as you pulled her out? | 你还记得你把她拉出来时发生了什么吗? |
[15:39] | I remember trying to revive her, | 我记得我试着救她 |
[15:41] | and when I couldn’t, I called 911. | 但我做不到,我打了911 |
[15:48] | My wife isn’t breathing! | 我太太没有呼吸了! |
[15:50] | Sir tell me your address. | 先生,告诉我你地址 |
[15:51] | She isn’t breathing! She was in the pool! | 她没有呼吸了!她掉进池子里了! |
[15:54] | Where is she now sir? | 她现在在哪里? |
[15:55] | She on the ground! | 她躺在地上! |
[15:56] | I got her out but she’s not breathing! | 我拖她出来,但是她没有呼吸了! |
[16:05] | Is that your voice Mr. Forsley? | 这是你的声音吗?Forsley先生? |
[16:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:09] | Ok, when did you arrive home from work that evening? | 那么,当晚你什么时候下班回家的? |
[16:13] | Probably somewhere around 8:00. | 可能是八点左右 |
[16:15] | And when did you discover your wife in the pool? | 那么你什么时候在池子里发现你太太的? |
[16:18] | Closer to 9:30. | 将近九点半 |
[16:20] | So you had been home for more than an hour? | 所以你回家超过一个小时了? |
[16:24] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:25] | What were you doing between the time you arrived home | 从你回到家直到你发现你太太之间 |
[16:28] | and the time you discovered your wife? | 这段时间你做了些什么? |
[16:31] | I was in my den, doing bills. | 我在我的书房,处理账单 |
[16:33] | Then why did you tell the police | 那么为什么你告诉警察说 |
[16:35] | you had just home before you discovered your wife? | 你发现你太太前刚回到家? |
[16:39] | I don’t know. I must have been in shock. | 我不知道,我一定是被吓晕了 |
[16:44] | You stick by your time story at an interrogation later at the police station. | 稍后在警察局接受训问时,你坚持了你对时间的说法 |
[16:49] | Were you in shock then? | 你那时还在惊骇之中吗? |
[16:50] | Probably. | 可能是 |
[16:51] | And when you then found out that you had been seen | 那当你知道你被Moshure太太 |
[16:54] | by Mrs. Moshure arriving home at 8:00 | 看到你是八点回到家的时候 |
[16:56] | I bet you that gave you a little shock. | 我敢打赌那让你又受到惊吓了 |
[16:58] | Objection! | 反对! |
[16:59] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[17:02] | Was your wife a good swimmer Mr. Forsley? | Forsley先生,你太太水性怎么样? |
[17:04] | Yes. | 不错 |
[17:05] | In fact she was a competitive swimmer in college was she not? | 实际上,她在大学的时候是个游泳选手,不是吗? |
[17:09] | She was. | 是的 |
[17:10] | Allright, I noticed that your pool is about 20 yards | 好吧,我注意到,你的池子大概是20码 |
[17:13] | behind the back door or your house. | 在你家的后门后面 |
[17:15] | Can you see the bottom of the pool from the back door? | 你从后门能看到池底吗? |
[17:18] | No. | 看不到 |
[17:19] | You had to walk up to look, right? | 你得走过去才看得到,是吧? |
[17:21] | right. | 是的 |
[17:22] | So, you opened the door, you saw that she was not out there, | 那么,你打开门,你看到她不在那里 |
[17:26] | and you said to yourself, | 然后你跟自己说 |
[17:27] | gee I think I’ll go check the bottom of the pool? | 哎呀,我想我应该去看一下池底? |
[17:30] | Objection! | 反对! |
[17:31] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[17:32] | What made you think she might be at the bottom? | 是什么让你会觉得她沉在池底? |
[17:35] | She didn’t answer so… | 她没有应声,所以。。。 |
[17:37] | You said you went from your office, to the kitchen, to the pool. | 你说你从你书房出来,去厨房,然后去泳池 |
[17:41] | Rather than seeing if she was upstairs in her bedroom? | 却没有去看看她是否在楼上的卧室? |
[17:45] | Rather than see if she’s out in her art studio? | 也没有去看看她是否在她的工作室? |
[17:49] | You said to yourself, let me check the bottom of the pool? | 你跟自己说,我让来看看池底? |
[17:53] | I don’t know why. | 我不知道为什么 |
[17:57] | Maybe I just had a feeling. | 也许我有种感觉 |
[18:19] | what are you doing here! | 你在这里做什么! |
[18:21] | I just wanted to monitor. | 我只是想监督一下 |
[18:22] | Make sure no fourth amendment rights are violated here. | 确保这里不会有对第四修正案的权利的侵犯 |
[18:25] | But you’ve passed are check points. | 但你越过了检查站 |
[18:26] | I’m a District attorney. | 我是检察官 |
[18:28] | This could be a dangerous area Ms. Gamble. | 这是个危险区域, Gamble女士 |
[18:30] | You said so yourself. | 你自己这么说的 |
[18:31] | If he comes out shooting. Once your… | 如果他跳出来开枪,一旦你。。。 |
[18:33] | I’ll duck down. | 我会伏下的 |
[18:34] | Keep your distance! | 保持距离! |
[19:00] | Bruce Manning freeze! | Bruce Manning,站住! |
[19:01] | Hold it! | 抓住他! |
[19:02] | Get down! | 趴下! |
[19:04] | Gun! | 有枪! |
[19:28] | What’s happening! | 怎么回事! |
[19:29] | Stay back, ma’am. | 女士,退后 |
[19:30] | Bruce! Bruce! What have you done! | Bruce!Bruce!你做了什么呀! |
[19:37] | Place this woman under arrest for felony murder and take her into custody. | 以谋杀罪逮捕这名妇女并将其拘留 |
[19:46] | Bruce! | Bruce! |
[19:54] | Just now? | 现在? |
[19:55] | About an hour ago. | 一个小时前 |
[19:57] | Why were you there! | 你为什么在那里! |
[19:59] | There was nothing on television, ok Ellenor. | 电视里没什么可看的,Ellenor,对吧 |
[20:00] | It was either a movie or watch a guy get shot. | 要么去看电影,要么就去看一个家伙被打成蜂窝 |
[20:03] | You enjoy it Helen? | Helen,你对此很享受吧? |
[20:05] | It didn’t hurt. | 这没什么不好的 |
[20:14] | Mike? Mike? | |
[20:16] | Why didn’t you tell me this was going down? | 你为什么没跟我说会变成这样? |
[20:20] | The man didn’t have a weapon. Did you know that Helen? | 这人没有武器,你知道吗,Helen? |
[20:22] | It was a cell phone. | 那是个手机 |
[20:23] | It was dark. He made a quick move. | 天太黑了,他动作又快 |
[20:25] | From my vantage point the shooting looked justified. | 从我的角度看,开枪看起来是合理的 |
[20:28] | Well from mine it looked like an execution. | 在我看来像是处刑 |
[20:30] | You tell the police he’ll take hostages, | 你告诉警察他会绑架人质 |
[20:32] | you gotta take him from outside, | 你打算在外面抓住他 |
[20:34] | he’ll be armed, he’s volatile, | 他会全副武装,他情绪冲动 |
[20:35] | he’ll shoot, protect yourselves. | 他会开枪,要注意安全 |
[20:37] | Is there any other way this could have gone down Helen? | 那还会有别的结果吗,Helen? |
[20:40] | This was the equivalent of a hit. | 这就等于是一次袭击 |
[20:42] | I have to take a different legal point of view there Mike, | 我必须从一个不同的法律角度来看待,Mike |
[20:45] | but ya know what. | 但是你知道吗 |
[20:45] | If it gets out on the street, | 如果这事被披露出去 |
[20:47] | whack a DA and this is what happens. | 会中伤一个检察官,这就是将会发生的 |
[20:49] | I can live with that. | 我能坦然面对 |
[20:51] | There’s gonna be an investigation. | 会启动一个调查 |
[20:52] | Tell me where and when, I’ll show up wearing white. | 通知我何时何地,我会素装出席的 |
[20:57] | What’s this deal you made with Cahill? | 你和Cahill达成了什么交易? |
[21:02] | Tomorrow we put our doctors in. | 明天我们会让医生出庭 |
[21:04] | Dr. Winter’s will testify that she could have drowned, | Winter医生会作证说她已经溺水死亡了 |
[21:07] | that the bruising around the neck is consistent with | 脖子上的瘀伤是符合 |
[21:08] | you pulling her out of the pool by the neck, | 你攥着她的脖子拖她出泳池的情形的 |
[21:10] | Dr. Marks will testify that you appeared to be in shock. | Marks医生会作证说你表现出受到惊吓 |
[21:13] | They’ve offered no motive. I think were ok. | 控方没有展示任何杀人动机,我想情况还好 |
[21:18] | Bec, Mr. Bullock is here. | Bec,Bullock先生来了 |
[21:20] | Now? | 现在? |
[21:22] | He says it’s important. | 他说有很重要的事 |
[21:28] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:31] | This is slightly embarrassing. | 这事有点尴尬了 |
[21:33] | You caught the real killer? | 你们抓到真正的杀手了? |
[21:35] | You could say that Jimmy, ya. | 你可以那么说,是的 |
[21:36] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[21:37] | Well it seems your client has an alias. | 呃,似乎你们的客户还有个别名 |
[21:40] | Why were just finding this out I don’t know. | 我也不知道为什么才发现这事 |
[21:43] | But this hoarseness here in my voice is because I’ve been screamin’. | 但是我现在说话刺耳,是因为我也感到很惊愕 |
[21:47] | He has an alias? | 他有别名? |
[21:48] | Peter Brian. | Peter Brian |
[21:50] | He was arrested six years ago In Indiana for murder. | 他六年前在印第安纳州因涉嫌谋杀被捕 |
[21:53] | Charged with strangling his wife. | 被控勒死了他太太 |
[21:56] | He was acquitted. | 他被宣判无罪 |
[21:57] | I guess at that point he moved to Boston to make a new life for himself. | 我想那时他就搬到波士顿为自己创造新的生活 |
[22:04] | When he was 14 | 当他十四岁的时候 |
[22:06] | he strangled an 11 year old girl and a 9 year old girl. | 他勒死了一个11岁,还有一个9岁的女孩 |
[22:09] | He was convicted and served time till he was 21. | 他被判有罪,服刑至21岁 |
[22:14] | He also used to strangle chickens. | 他也曾经掐死过鸡 |
[22:18] | Excuse me? | 啥? |
[22:19] | As a youth he would trespass onto farms and kill chickens. | 年轻的时候,他潜入农场去杀鸡 |
[22:23] | Hundreds of them. | 上百只 |
[22:36] | What’s wrong? | 有什么麻烦了? |
[22:37] | There’s been a new development. | 有了些新进展 |
[22:39] | What? | 是什么? |
[22:40] | The DA found out about three other murders. Peter! | 检察官发现三起谋杀,Peter! |
[22:50] | I was acquitted. | 我被判无罪的 |
[22:51] | Of the last one, not the first two. | 最后一个是无罪,前两次不是 |
[22:55] | Those were juvie. | 那些是少年犯罪 |
[22:56] | Well the DA is going to try and introduce them as pattern evidence. | 然而检察官会试图把这些作为模式证据 |
[23:00] | There’s a motion scheduled for tomorrow. | 明天会有一个动议提出 |
[23:02] | We are going to fight it but… | 我们会去设法驳回,但是。。。 |
[23:05] | Is manslaughter still on the table? | 还可以接受过失杀人罪吗? |
[23:07] | No! | 没门儿 |
[23:11] | Wanna tell us about the chickens? | 想和我们谈谈鸡的事吗? |
[23:26] | You killed him! | 你杀了他! |
[23:27] | Mr. Cahill, I’m afraid I’m not satisfied | Cahill先生,恐怕我不太确信 |
[23:31] | that you turned over all the people responsible for Mr. Bay’s death. | 你把所有应对Bay先生遇害负责的人都交待出来了 |
[23:35] | What? I did! | 什么?我都交待了! |
[23:38] | Well it’s unfortunate that I just don’t trust you. | 不幸的是,我就是不太相信你 |
[23:40] | Accordingly the deal is off, you life sentence stands. | 因此,交易取消,你还是终身监禁 |
[23:44] | Hold on! | 打住! |
[23:45] | On what basis do you believe there were others involved? | 你凭什么相信还有别的涉案人? |
[23:49] | My gut. Have a nice life Mr. Cahill. | 我的直觉。祝你生活愉快,Cahill先生 |
[23:52] | We have a signed agreement! | 我们签过协议的! |
[23:54] | I don’t believe he lived up to the terms. | 我不认为他履行了条款 |
[23:56] | We’re going right to court. | 我们马上上法庭! |
[23:57] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[23:58] | That’ll sure put the word out that you turned states evidence. | 那样一定会让你告密的事情昭然天下 |
[24:02] | I guess this is goodbye Jackie. | 我想可以说永别了, Jackie |
[24:05] | -You don’t think I can hit you from inside! -Jackie | 你觉得我在里面就不能揍你了吗! |
[24:14] | I was so hoping you’d say that. | 你能这么说我真是求之不得 |
[24:22] | Prior bad acts in a criminal case are inadmissible. | 在刑事案件中,以前的不良行为是不允许提及的 |
[24:25] | Except when they go to pattern your honor. | 除非是要推导出一种模式,法官大人 |
[24:26] | He was never convicted of the crime. | 他从未因此而定罪 |
[24:28] | Ha was arrested for it. And the two prior murders… | 他因此被逮捕过,而且先前的两起谋杀。。。 |
[24:31] | Were juvenile offences which means, as a matter of law, | 那是青少年犯罪,就法律而言这意味着 |
[24:34] | they never happened. | 都没有发生过 |
[24:35] | Juvie is sealed. | 青少年犯罪是被封存的 |
[24:37] | That means we’re talking about one prior offense. | 那意味着,我们在谈的只有一起先前的罪行 |
[24:40] | One offense does not amount to pattern. | 一起罪行不构成犯罪模式 |
[24:42] | The pattern is he kills wives. | 他的模式是杀妻 |
[24:44] | Oh come on. | 噢,拉倒吧 |
[24:44] | Look, this man borders on being a serial killer, | 看,这个人几乎是一个连环杀手 |
[24:47] | he’s gonna kill again. | 他还会再犯的 |
[24:49] | Based on what I’m hearing, | 基于我所听到的 |
[24:50] | I’d say it’s a guarantee. | 我要说这是个担保 |
[24:53] | But juvenile records are sealed | 但是青少年犯罪是被封存的 |
[24:55] | and as for the prior bad acts, | 至于说先前的罪行 |
[24:56] | I’d be handing him an appeal on a silver platter. | (如果采纳的话)我会给他免费送一个可以上诉的理由 |
[24:59] | It’s not coming in. | 这些(证据)不予采纳 |
[25:00] | So we’re just going to pretend for the jury that none of this ever happened? | 那么我们就是一个假装这些都没发生过的陪审团? |
[25:03] | We’re going to finish the case. | 我们去把这个案子了结了吧 |
[25:14] | Bec are you ok? | Bec,你还好吧? |
[25:17] | Ya, I just, just… | 嗯,我只是,只是。。。 |
[25:28] | with Richard getting killed. | 想到Richard被杀害了 |
[25:32] | The reality of… | 这现实。。。 |
[25:36] | The reality of what? | 什么现实? |
[25:39] | Think I’ve been clinging a little to this case? | 你觉得我对这个案子过于执着吧? |
[25:42] | The idea that we fight for the innocent sometimes to you know. | 我们为无辜者而战的理念,你知道的 |
[25:49] | And Wendle, I just, I just, | Wendle,我只是,只是 |
[25:51] | I needed him to be innocent you know. | 我需要他是无辜的,你懂吧 |
[25:55] | Ya | 嗯 |
[25:58] | Jimmy, | Jimmy |
[26:02] | he’s gonna kill again. | 他还会再杀人的 |
[26:05] | That’s not something to mention in your closing. | 你在结案陈词中敷衍了事吧 |
[26:08] | It’s not even something we should think about. | 甚至不需要考虑什么 |
[26:12] | It’s not even something we should think about! | 甚至不需要考虑什么! |
[26:16] | Rebecca. | Rebecca |
[26:17] | No, no what the hell are we doing! | 不行,我们在做什么鬼事呀! |
[26:19] | Keep your voice down… | 声音小点。。。 |
[26:19] | Is there even any doubt that he’ll kill again! | 毫无疑问他还会继续杀人的! |
[26:22] | Rebecca! Rebecca! | |
[26:31] | This is classic contract law your honor. | 法官大人,这是一个典型的契约法问题 |
[26:33] | Mr. Gamble offered a deal, we accepted the terms, | Gamble女士提出了一个交易,我们接受了条款 |
[26:36] | she received consideration. | 她得到了回报 |
[26:37] | First of all… | 首先。。。 |
[26:38] | I’m not finished. | 我还没说完呢 |
[26:40] | We also have to consider substantive due process. | 我们还要考虑到实质性的正当程序 |
[26:43] | The government must be required to give Mr. Cahill | 政府必须被责令给与Cahill先生 |
[26:46] | the benefit of what he bargained for. | 他所应得的利益 |
[26:47] | He gave over the shooter, | 他交出了枪手 |
[26:49] | who was shot dead, by the way, | 顺便说一下,枪杀致死 |
[26:51] | for Ms. Gamble to now say no deal. | 而 Gamble女士现在却说取消交易 |
[26:53] | That is blatant bad faith. | 那是公然的不守信用 |
[26:55] | This woman was a friend of Richard Bay’s. | 这个女人是Richard Bay的朋友 |
[26:57] | She’s been on a mission. | 她在完成一个使命 |
[26:59] | The shooter is now dead. | 现在枪手已经死了 |
[27:00] | Now she’s reneging on a signed agreement to get my client, | 而她背弃了一份已经签过字的协议来伤害我的客户 |
[27:04] | and it should shock the conscience | 这使对这个法庭有关公平的基本理念 |
[27:06] | of this court’s fundamental notion of fairness. | 的良知受到动摇 |
[27:09] | Ms. Gamble. | Gamble女士? |
[27:11] | The due called for Mr. Cahill to reveal everybody | Cahill先生被要求要提供 |
[27:14] | involved in Mr. Bay’s death. | 所有与Bay先生遇害有关联的人 |
[27:17] | Because the shooter was fatally wounded, | 因为这个枪手受到致命伤 |
[27:19] | our investigation of Mr. Bay’s murder has been severely undermine. | 我们对Bay先生的谋杀案的调查遭到了严重影响 |
[27:23] | As for fundamental notions of fairness. | 至于公平的基本理念 |
[27:27] | This man put a hit on a DA. | 这个人袭击了一个检察官 |
[27:30] | He has since threatened to put a hit on me. | 他其后还威胁要袭击我 |
[27:32] | I find it unbelievable | 我觉得不可思议: |
[27:34] | that a man who has violated our laws with such brutality, | 一个以如此残忍的方式违反我们法律的人 |
[27:38] | a man that has murdered and committed acts of depravity, | 一个犯下谋杀和堕落行为的人 |
[27:41] | for him now to be seeking protection of the law, | 现今他却要寻求法律的保护 |
[27:43] | to be exalting arguments of fairness and due process. | 成为公平和正当程序的夸大论据 |
[27:48] | This classic contract law that Mr. Powell speaks of | Powell先生谈到的这个传统契约法 |
[27:52] | asks for the parties to act with clean hands. | 要求各方都开诚布公 |
[27:56] | I’d ask the court to consider Mr. Cahill’s hands. | 我请求法庭考虑一下Cahill先生的行为 |
[27:58] | And I would ask the court to consider Helen Gamble’s. | 而我也请求法庭考量一下Helen Gamble的行为 |
[28:15] | I’m sorry. | 我很难过 |
[28:18] | ya | 嗯 |
[28:19] | I know how close you two were and, | 我知道你们俩关系很好 |
[28:23] | I’m sorry for your lose. | 我为你失去好友万分难过 |
[28:27] | And I’m sorry for being an accomplice, in his death. | 我也因在他遇害一案中成为共犯而感到难过 |
[28:32] | Bobby you weren’t an accomplice. | Bobby你不是共犯 |
[28:34] | There’s no more denying that Helen. | Helen,别再否认这一点了 |
[28:37] | You’re a defense attorney. | 你是一个辩护律师 |
[28:39] | Ya… | 嗯。。。 |
[28:43] | The magic words I guess, | 我想到了那个格言 |
[28:46] | to check your conscience at the door. | 把你的良心丢在门外 |
[28:55] | I’m so sorry for your lose. | 我为你失去好友万分难过 |
[29:00] | You ok? | 你还好吧? |
[29:03] | No. | 不 |
[29:18] | Every medical expert, ours, their’s, | 所有的医学专家,我们的和他们的 |
[29:22] | including the coroner, | 包括验尸官 |
[29:24] | has admitted that she drowned. | 都确认她是淹死的 |
[29:27] | That the bruising on the neck | 脖子上的瘀伤 |
[29:29] | could have been post mortem. | 可能是死后产生的 |
[29:31] | That they could have been inflicted by my clients attempts | 那可能是我的客户试图 |
[29:34] | to pull her out of the pool. | 把她从池子里拖上来时造成的 |
[29:36] | There is no evidence of any motive. | 没有关于任何动机的证据 |
[29:40] | There was no evidence that Wendle Forsley was violent | 没有任何证据显示that Wendle Forsley有 |
[29:43] | toward his wife or any other person. | 针对他妻子或者别人的暴力倾向 |
[29:46] | There is no case here ladies and gentlemen. | 先生们女士们,本来就不存在什么案子 |
[29:50] | Wendle Forsley is only on trial | Wendle Forsley受审的唯一原因 |
[29:53] | because he seemingly lied about what time he got home that night. | 是他似乎对在当晚回家的时间描述上撒了谎 |
[29:59] | But as he told you, as Dr. Winter’s told you, | 但正如他和Winter医生解释给你们的那样 |
[30:03] | he went into shock. | 他处于惊骇之中 |
[30:05] | He wasn’t trying to hide anything, | 他没有试图隐瞒什么 |
[30:08] | because Wendle Forsley had nothing to hide. | 因为他没有什么可隐瞒的 |
[30:22] | He told the police that he had just gotten home | 他告诉警察他刚回家 |
[30:26] | a full hour after he was seen entering the house. | 可他被人看见回到家后足足有一个小时 |
[30:29] | And he repeated this lie during an interrogation the next day. | 而且他在第二天接受调查的时候重复了这个谎言 |
[30:33] | It was only when he was told | 只有当他被告知 |
[30:35] | he had been seen going into that house at 8:00, | 他被人看见回家的时候是八点的时候 |
[30:39] | that he then changed his story and said, | 他才改变了他的说法 |
[30:41] | I was in shock, | “我被吓到了” |
[30:44] | no sense of time. | “没有时间的概念” |
[30:46] | Good swimmers just don’t turn up in the bottom of the pool | 一个优秀的游泳选手不会带着脖子上那样的印记 |
[30:49] | with such marks around their neck. | 在泳池底部冒出来的 |
[30:51] | She was murdered. | 她是被谋杀的 |
[30:54] | She was murdered by Wendle Forsley. | 他是被Wendle Forsley谋杀的 |
[31:04] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[31:10] | Be seated. | 请坐 |
[31:15] | I have reviewed the contract entered into | 我已经审阅了由Gamble女士和Cahill先生 |
[31:17] | by Ms. Gamble and Mr. Cahill. | 签署的协议 |
[31:19] | I think Ms. Gamble’s promises were against public policy, | 我认为无论Gamble女士的承诺是否兑现了 |
[31:24] | lived up to or not. | 都违背了相关公开的政策 |
[31:25] | I also believe they could be technically unenforceable | 而且我还相信那在技术上没有可操作性 |
[31:29] | under Massachusetts’s general law, | 根据马萨诸塞州普通法 |
[31:31] | chapter 265 section 1 | 第265章第1节 |
[31:33] | which states that only the jury shall determine | 其中规定只有陪审团才能决定 |
[31:37] | the degree of murder. | 谋杀的分级 |
[31:40] | However, the fact of the matter is, | 然而,事实是 |
[31:42] | we enforce plea agreements like this every day, | 我们每天都不得不使用这类的抗辩协议 |
[31:46] | and Ms. Gamble’s deceit, trickery, bad faith, | 还有Gamble女士的诡计,欺诈,不诚实 |
[31:50] | it’s also against public policy. | 这也是违背了公开的政策 |
[31:53] | Lawyer’s who appear in my court do not get to | 到我的法庭上来的律师 |
[31:56] | take advantage of technicalities and bad faith | 不能通过诡计和奸诈来获利 |
[31:58] | to get out of deal they regret. | 撕毁使他们感到后悔的协议 |
[32:02] | I am therefore honoring the plea agreement. | 因此,我谨遵这个抗辩协议 |
[32:05] | Mr. Cahill’s first degree convictions are set aside, | Cahill先生的一级谋杀定罪被取消了 |
[32:09] | we enter second degree counts, | 我们再来讨论二级谋杀罪名 |
[32:11] | and pursuing to the agreement, | 为了贯彻这个协议 |
[32:13] | Mr. Cahill shall be eligible for parole in twenty years. | Cahill先生的刑期为20年,并有资格获得保释 |
[32:20] | Thank you your honor. | 谢谢法官大人 |
[32:21] | However, | 不过, |
[32:23] | this plea agreement is silent in sentencing | 如果涉及到了其他罪行 |
[32:26] | when it comes to other crimes | 这跟抗辩协议对于量刑就失去作用了 |
[32:28] | such as Mr. Cahill’s threat to hit Ms. Gamble. | 比如说 Cahill先生威胁要袭击Gamble女士 |
[32:31] | We deny that ever happened. | 我们否认有过此事 |
[32:33] | Yes, it would be nice for you | 是呀,如果这件事提交庭审 |
[32:34] | if you got a trial on that, | 对你而言是件好事 |
[32:36] | but you don’t. | 但你并没有。 |
[32:38] | For sentencing purposes I need only find, | 出于量刑的目的,我需要独立裁决 |
[32:41] | by a preponderance of the evidence that it happened. | 根据已经拥有的大多数证据 |
[32:44] | I make that finding now. | 我做出了裁决 |
[32:48] | To threaten a DA Mr. Cahill. | 威胁检察官!Cahill先生 |
[32:53] | I’m adding 75 years to each of your two counts, | 我给你这两项罪名(指威胁Bay和Gamble)各加上75年刑期 |
[32:57] | sentencing to run consecutively. | 刑期顺延执行 |
[33:00] | So you will now be eligible for parole in 150 years. | 所以你现在享有150年的可获驾驶资格的刑期 |
[33:05] | Adjourned! | 休庭 |
[33:26] | You think you honored Richard Bay in all this? | 你觉得干了这些是尊敬Richard Bay吗? |
[33:29] | You think that cowboy up there just ratified you? | 你觉得那个牛仔(法官)是认同你的吗? |
[33:31] | Go away. | 一边去儿 |
[33:32] | Richard Bay was a man of integrity. | Richard Bay是一个正直的人 |
[33:34] | He honored his word. | 他遵守诺言 |
[33:35] | He honored the law. | 他尊重法律 |
[33:36] | If you’ll excuse me I have to go to a funeral. | 不好意思,我要去参加葬礼了 |
[33:39] | Well I hope you pay tribute to him there, | 好吧,我希望你在那里向他致敬 |
[33:41] | because neither you, nor that judge did here. | 因为无论你还是那个法官,在这里都没有做到 |
[33:53] | I get the feeling | 我有种感觉 |
[33:57] | you don’t really want me to win. | 你不是真希望我能赢 |
[34:01] | What was your motive? | 如果你不介意我问问的话 |
[34:04] | If you don’t mind my asking. | 你的动机是什么? |
[34:07] | I don’t know… | 我说不清。。。 |
[34:12] | maybe power. | 也许是权欲 |
[34:14] | Power? | 权欲? |
[34:16] | Just like the chickens. | 就像那些鸡 |
[34:20] | I’d be holding this little life in my hands, | 我把它们那弱小的生命攥在手心里 |
[34:26] | fully alive, vital, | 充满活力,生气勃勃 |
[34:30] | noisy. | 叽叽喳喳的 |
[34:33] | And with one squeeze. | 但只需要用力一捏 |
[34:46] | I didn’t know I was going to kill Annie. | 我不知道我会杀了Annie |
[34:54] | We were kissing. | 我们正在接吻 |
[34:58] | I was caressing her face. | 我正抚摸她的脸庞 |
[35:03] | And she just seemed so, | 她看起来如此的 |
[35:09] | alive. | 活泼 |
[35:15] | Next thing… | 接下来。。。 |
[35:26] | Jury’s back. | 陪审团回来了 |
[35:35] | Will the defendant please rise. | 请被告起立 |
[35:41] | Madam Foreperson has the jury reached a verdict? | 主席女士,陪审团有了裁决了吗? |
[35:44] | We have your honor. | 是的,法官大人 |
[35:45] | What say you? | 请宣读 |
[35:48] | Commonwealth vs. Wendle Forsley, | 关于联邦针对Wendle Forsley |
[35:51] | on the charge on murder in the first degree, | 起诉的一级谋杀罪名 |
[35:54] | we find the defendant, Wendle Forsley, | 我们裁决被告Wendle Forsley |
[35:56] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[35:58] | on the charge on murder in the second degree, | 关于二级谋杀的指控 |
[36:01] | we find the defendant, Wendle Forsley, | 我们裁定被告Wendle Forsley |
[36:04] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[36:06] | The defendant is free to go. | 被告当庭开释 |
[36:09] | Members of the jury | 陪审团成员可以解散了 |
[36:10] | you are dismissed with the court’s thanks. | 法庭对你们表示感谢 |
[36:14] | Thank you so much. | 太谢谢你了 |
[36:17] | I owe you my life. | 我欠你一条命 |
[36:20] | You need help Wendle. | Wendle,你需要帮助 |
[36:24] | I’d go to a therapist, I really would. | 我想去看心理医生,我真的想去 |
[36:27] | The thing is if they think I’d do it again | 但问题是,如果他们认为我还改不了 |
[36:30] | they might tell someone and get me locked up. | 他们会告诉别人,把我抓起来 |
[36:35] | I can control myself, | 我能控制我自己 |
[36:37] | I really think I can. | 我相信我可以 |
[36:45] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[37:15] | Richard had the choice of stepping down from a case | Richard本可以选择退出那个案子 |
[37:18] | where the defendant was threatening his life. | 被告对他发出了死亡威胁 |
[37:20] | He said to me, how can I do that, | 我对我说,我怎么可以那样做 |
[37:22] | I’m a district attorney, | 我是一个检察官 |
[37:24] | this is who I am. | 这就是我的职业 |
[37:27] | And that’s how he’d wanna be remembered. | 而那就是他想让人们记住的 |
[37:30] | He was a public servant. | 他是一个公仆 |
[37:34] | He leaves a legacy of truth, justice, | 在他身后留下了 |
[37:39] | and integrity behind him. | 忠诚、公正和正直的遗产 |
[37:43] | A legacy I’ve done a lousy job living up to the last few days. | 一份我通过最近几天令人讨厌的工作想达成的遗产 |
[37:51] | A legacy which has become increasingly difficult for everyone | 一份对于所有在刑事司法体系的人最近都觉得 |
[37:54] | in the criminal justice system to live up to, as of late. | 越来越难以达成的遗产 |
[37:58] | But for Richard it was easy, | 但对于Richard,这很容易 |
[38:01] | because his compass always reminded him, | 因为他的信仰始终提醒他 |
[38:06] | he was a public servant. | 他是一个公仆 |
[38:10] | A lot of people he considered his friends, disliked him. | 很多他以为是他朋友的人,并不喜欢他 |
[38:16] | A lot of them happen to be my best friends, | 他们中很多人恰好是我最好的朋友 |
[38:20] | defense attorneys. | 辩护律师 |
[38:23] | People who come to work day after day | 他们这些人日复一日地工作 |
[38:26] | fighting for the civil rights of those | 为那些杀人犯、强奸犯、盗贼 |
[38:28] | who have murdered, raped, stole. | 的公民权利而战 |
[38:34] | People who knew that by fighting for the guilty, | 他们这些人懂得,通过为这些罪犯辩护 |
[38:36] | they were ultimately protecting the innocent. | 他们最终会保护无辜者 |
[38:41] | Those people have come to doubt themselves | 在Richard死后 |
[38:43] | in the wake of Richard’s death. | 他们这些人开始对自己产生怀疑 |
[38:47] | Richard never doubted you. | Richard从没有怀疑过你们 |
[38:50] | He respected you enormously, | 他非常非常尊敬你们 |
[38:53] | because he knew that you too were public servants, | 因为他知道你们也一样是公仆 |
[38:58] | And he’d want you to know that. | 而且他希望你们懂得这些 |
[39:02] | He was scared the night before he was killed. | 他在被杀前一天晚上很害怕 |
[39:08] | He was afraid that the threat made against him | 他害怕那个对他的死亡威胁 |
[39:11] | might be carried out. | 可能会变成现实 |
[39:15] | And he said, if he should die, | 但他说,如果他死了 |
[39:20] | be sure to tell everyone he tried his very best. | 一定要告诉每个人他尽力了 |
[39:27] | We all know that Richard. | Richard,我们都知道的 |
[39:34] | Lying there is a kind man. | 躺在那儿的是一个善良的人 |
[39:39] | A man who saw a crime and tried to stop it. | 一个看到犯罪就会试图阻止的人 |
[39:43] | A man who saw victims and tried to console them. | 一个看到受害者并试图安慰他们的人 |
[39:50] | A man who.. | 一个。。。 |
[39:55] | a man who more than anything else, | 最重要的是 |
[39:59] | was a dedicated pubic servant. | 他是一个敬业的公仆 |
[40:04] | There’s a day of hope | |
[40:09] | May I live to see, | |
[40:15] | When our hearts are happy | |
[40:20] | And our souls are free. | |
[40:25] | Let the new day dawn, | |
[40:31] | Oh, Lord, I pray. | |
[40:36] | We’ll never get to heaven | |
[40:42] | Till we reach that day. | |
[40:47] | It’s a day of peace. | |
[40:52] | A day of pride. | |
[40:57] | A day of justice | |
[41:03] | We have been denied. | |
[41:08] | Where a man can live, | |
[41:13] | And a child can play. | |
[41:19] | We’ll never get to heaven | |
[41:24] | Till we reach that day. | |
[41:30] | It’s a day of peace. | |
[41:35] | A day of pride. | |
[41:40] | A day of justice | |
[41:46] | We have been denied. | |
[41:51] | Where a man can live, | |
[41:56] | And a child can play. | |
[42:01] | We’ll never get to heaven | |
[42:07] | Till we reach that day. |