时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | REBECCA: Previously on The Practice: | |
[00:02] | I have a good portion of the money. | 我凑够了大部分的钱。 |
[00:05] | You’re two weeks late now. | 你现在已经拖了两周了。 |
[00:06] | I’m gonna borrow some money from my retirement account. | 我打算从我的退休金帐户里借一些出来, |
[00:09] | My proposal is this– | 我的建议是。。。你提供一些法律服务来抵债。 |
[00:10] | you provide some legal services, | 我的建议是。。。你提供一些法律服务来抵债。 |
[00:12] | and your debt goes away. | 我的建议是。。。你提供一些法律服务来抵债。 |
[00:14] | The guy’s my bookie. What do you owe? | -那家伙是个庄家 -你欠他什么? |
[00:15] | Twenty-seven thousand. | 二万七千。 |
[00:17] | His ex-wife is suing him for fraud. | 他的前妻以诈骗罪起诉他。 |
[00:19] | He won the lottery, | 他中了彩票, |
[00:20] | she’s claiming he didn’t tell her. | 她声称他没有告诉她。 |
[00:23] | I get 70, and you get 30. | 我拿七万,你拿三万。 |
[00:28] | You believe this? They think I whacked her. | 你相信吗?他们认为我杀了她。 |
[00:30] | Did you? Check my alibi, you want peace of mind. | -是你干的吗? -你想踏实的话,去查查我的不在场证明。 |
[00:33] | Did you have it done? | 你都安排好了? |
[00:35] | All right, just get me out. | 算了,赶紧把我弄出去。 |
[00:36] | Your wife’s estate can still make a claim. | 你妻子的财产仍然可以提出索赔 |
[00:39] | Do you want me to follow up on that? | 你想让我来办吗? |
[00:40] | No. Think I might engage new counsel, just the same. | 不,我想我应该聘请新的律师。 |
[00:45] | So I guess we’re done, then. | 那么我想我们完事了。 |
[00:47] | You still owe me the 27, Jimmy. | 你还欠我二万七,Jimmy。 |
[00:49] | Didn’t exactly work that off. | 没有完全解决这个问题。 |
[00:51] | What do you say you walk out the door, | 你免了我欠的债, |
[00:53] | forget my debt, and I’ll forget | 我也当没听见过你威胁要杀了你老婆, |
[00:56] | how you threatened to kill your wife? | 你的意下如何? |
[00:59] | The truth is I got more on you | 事实上,我对你的了解比你对我的了解还多。 |
[01:01] | than you got on me. | 事实上,我对你的了解比你对我的了解还多。 |
[01:03] | I’m asking you… | 我要你现在就离开这间办公室。 |
[01:05] | to get out of this office, now. | 我要你现在就离开这间办公室。 |
[01:09] | I need that money. I’ll give you a week. | 那笔钱我要定了,我会给你一周的时间。 |
[01:18] | I can’t even believe they’re letting him out. | 我简直不敢相信他们会放了他。 |
[01:20] | He’s managed to convince the shrinks | 他设法使心理医生相信他不再具有危险了。 |
[01:22] | he’s no longer a danger. | 他设法使心理医生相信他不再具有危险了。 |
[01:26] | Remember, he was never actually charged | 想一下,实际上他从来没有被起诉过绑架你的儿子。 |
[01:27] | in the kidnapping of your son. | 想一下,实际上他从来没有被起诉过绑架你的儿子。 |
[01:29] | The police know he did it. They just couldn’t prove it. | 警察知道是他干的。他们只是无法证明。 |
[01:32] | Plus he’s a convicted child molester. | 而且他是因猥亵儿童被判过罪的。 |
[01:35] | Don’t these people repeat their crimes? | 这样的人不会再犯吗? |
[01:38] | What exactly are you hiring me to do? | 你们雇我到底是为了什么? |
[01:40] | To try to keep him in jail? | 让他继续呆在监狱里? |
[01:43] | We want to bury our son. | 我们想让我们的儿子入土为安。 |
[01:44] | Only he knows where the body is. | 如果尸体还有的话,只有他知道尸体在哪儿。 |
[01:48] | If there even still is one. | 如果尸体还有的话,只有他知道尸体在哪儿。 |
[01:51] | We were wondering if we could somehow | 我们想知道是否能迫使他告诉我们尸体在哪里。 |
[01:55] | force him to tell us where the remains are. | 我们想知道是否能迫使他告诉我们尸体在哪里。 |
[01:58] | I really don’t see how. | 我真的不知道怎么办。 |
[02:00] | If he were to tell us where the body is, | 如果他告诉我们尸体在哪里, |
[02:02] | he’d effectively be admitting to the murder. | 他实际上也就承认了谋杀。 |
[02:04] | We’re told you have a relationship | 我们听说你和地检办公室有些关系。 |
[02:06] | with the DA’s office. | 我们听说你和地检办公室有些关系。 |
[02:07] | Could you– We were thinking | 你是否能。。。我们是想 |
[02:09] | if you could get them to consider filing charges | 是否你能让他们考虑以绑架罪名起诉Pierce, |
[02:12] | against Pierce for the kidnapping, | 是否你能让他们考虑以绑架罪名起诉Pierce, |
[02:14] | that would give you some leverage, wouldn’t it? | 这样会让你掌握一些筹码,不是吗? |
[02:17] | Maybe we could make some deal. | 或许我们能达成某种交易。 |
[02:18] | I know you’ve been to the DA’s office, | 我知道你们去过地检办公室, |
[02:21] | and I know what they’ve told you. | 我也知道他们怎么跟你们说的。 |
[02:22] | Because we’re just two anonymous people, | 因为我们只是两个普通人,而他们认识你。 |
[02:25] | walking in off the street. They know you. | 因为我们只是两个普通人,而他们认识你。 |
[02:27] | If you asked– Mr. Baldwin, | -如果你要求的话。。。 -Baldwin先生, |
[02:29] | first of all, this kidnapping happened | 首先,绑架发生在十八年前。 |
[02:32] | eighteen years ago. | 首先,绑架发生在十八年前。 |
[02:35] | If they couldn’t build a case then, there’s no way. | 如果当时他们不能立案的话,那就没办法了。 |
[02:43] | I think you have to let it go now. | 我想你们现在得放手了。 |
[02:46] | We can’t let it go. | 我们不能放手。 |
[02:49] | We need to bury our son. | 我们要让孩子入土为安。 |
[03:53] | Wrongful death? | 过失致死? |
[03:55] | For a murder that took place 18 years ago? | 十八年前发生的谋杀案? |
[03:58] | It’s a long shot. ELLENOR: What’s the end game? | -机会很渺茫。 -结局是什么? |
[04:00] | Even if you do win, does he have any assets? | 即使你赢了,他能得到什么呢? |
[04:03] | It’s not about money. | 这跟钱没关系。 |
[04:04] | Then what’s it about? | 那跟什么有关系? |
[04:05] | The parents want to bury their son. | 父母想让他们的儿子入土为安。 |
[04:07] | They want closure. | 他们希望了却心结。 |
[04:08] | If I can create the threat of a lawsuit, | 如果我能造成诉讼的威胁, |
[04:10] | maybe we can get this guy to reveal | 我们或许能让这家伙供出遗体在哪儿。 |
[04:12] | where the remains are. | 我们或许能让这家伙供出遗体在哪儿。 |
[04:14] | Forgive me. I don’t mean to be insensitive, | 原谅我。我不是麻木不仁, |
[04:16] | but suppose you do succeed– what’s our contingency? | 但假设你成功了。。。我们有风险代理费吗? |
[04:20] | Lindsay, try to get the police records. | Lindsay,试着查一下警方的案宗。 |
[04:22] | Find out whatever the DA’s office has, or had. | 找出地方检察官办公室掌握些什么。 |
[04:25] | Ellenor, research the statute of limitations issue. | Ellenor,研究一下诉讼时效问题 |
[04:27] | That’ll definitely be challenged. | 这方面一定是会被质疑的。 |
[04:29] | Rebecca, you and Jimmy get started on the complaint. | Rebecca,你和Jimmy开始起草起诉状。 |
[04:32] | Where is Jimmy? | Jimmy呢? |
[04:37] | Thanks. | 谢谢。 |
[04:41] | Jimmy, jeez. How long’s it been? | 天啊,Jimmy,多久没见了? |
[04:44] | Aunt Maria’s funeral. | 自从Maria姑妈的葬礼。 |
[04:46] | Oh, too long. You put on weight. | 噢,太久了,你胖了。 |
[04:48] | Yeah, and you’re like this big fat cat yourself now. | 是呀,而你现在就像一只大肥猫。 |
[04:53] | Parking lot king. Yeah, king. | -停车场之王呀。 -哈,是呀 |
[04:56] | I barely got a one and a quarter percent profit margin going here. | 我在这里几乎拿不到1.25%的利润率。 |
[05:02] | What’s up, Jim? | 怎么了,Jim? |
[05:05] | Uh, well… | 嗯,唔。。。 |
[05:08] | We’re family. | 我们是自家人。 |
[05:09] | Uh, I’ve gotten myself | 呃,我有点让自己陷入了财务困境。 |
[05:11] | into a little bit of a financial jam. | 呃,我有点让自己陷入了一个财务困境。 |
[05:14] | Normal circumstances, | 一般情况下, |
[05:16] | I would never hit you up for a loan. | 我绝不会向你借钱的。 |
[05:18] | Normal circumstances, I’d give it to you. | 一般情况下,我会借给你的。 |
[05:22] | Problem is, Jimmy, | Jimmy,问题在于 |
[05:23] | I just had to write a sizeable check myself, | 我刚好自己有一大笔钱要花。 |
[05:25] | so it’s gonna depend on how big | 所以这要看你那点财务困境有多大。 |
[05:27] | your little bit of a jam is. | 所以这要看你那点财务困境有多大。 |
[05:29] | I’m feeling sick to my stomach just asking. | 我一求人就感觉不舒服。 |
[05:33] | You owe your book. | 你欠庄家的钱。 |
[05:37] | I keep tabs. You’re family. | 我注意观察了,你是自家人。 |
[05:39] | Plus, I like the ponies myself. | 再说,我自己也喜欢玩赛马。 |
[05:42] | How much? | 欠多少? |
[05:43] | It’s more football than– How much? | 到底欠多少? |
[05:47] | Twenty-seven grand. | 二万七千 |
[05:51] | Jimmy. | |
[05:53] | I wish I could help you, but, uh, | 我希望我能帮你,但是,呃, |
[05:56] | the timing’s just not good. | 现在时候不巧。 |
[06:05] | Hey, listen… | 嘿,听我说。。。 |
[06:07] | Listen, I got a tip on a horse | 我有一匹马的内幕消息 |
[06:10] | running at Suffolk day after tomorrow. | 后天在Suffolk开赛。 |
[06:12] | He’s a sure winner. | 绝对是个常胜将军。 |
[06:13] | I’ve bet on too many sure winners, Dom. | 我押过太多的常胜将军了,Dom |
[06:16] | How I got in this mess. | 要不我怎么会落到这个地步的。 |
[06:18] | Well, like I said, I wish I could help. | 好吧,我也说过,我希望能帮你。 |
[06:26] | I’m going to serve him with the complaint myself. | 我打算亲自向他提出诉状。 |
[06:29] | Now, listen, you’ll have to sign | 现在,听我说,你们必须要签一份保密协议。 |
[06:31] | a confidentiality agreement. | 现在,听我说,你们必须要签一份保密协议。 |
[06:34] | Why? Because there’s no way | -为什么? -因为他如果认为你们会去找警察的话, |
[06:35] | he’s gonna tell us where the body is | 他就不可能告诉我们尸体在哪里。 |
[06:37] | if he thinks you’ll go running to the police. | 他就不可能告诉我们尸体在哪里。 |
[06:39] | This isn’t about that. I understand. | -不会那样的 -我知道。 |
[06:41] | But he’ll obviously need to be convinced. | 但很显然,他需要确信这一点。 |
[06:44] | We will give him whatever he wants. | 只要告诉我们Chad的尸体在哪儿, |
[06:47] | Just tell us where Chad is. | 他想要什么都行。 |
[06:50] | You’ll agree not to pursue him | 你们要同意不追究其民事或刑事责任。 |
[06:51] | civilly or criminally. | 你们要同意不追究其民事或刑事责任。 |
[06:52] | We understand. | 我们明白。 |
[06:54] | May I go with you? To the prison? | -我可以和你一起去吗? -监狱? |
[06:57] | I don’t think that’s a great idea. | 我觉得这样不好。 |
[06:59] | A mother’s plea might– This is not about a plea, Mrs. Baldwin. | – 来自母亲的恳求或许。。。 – Baldwin夫人,这不是恳求 |
[07:04] | This is a threat. | 这是威胁。 |
[07:06] | Better it come from a lawyer. | 这由律师来做要好些。 |
[07:11] | Are you serious? | 你没开玩笑吧? |
[07:13] | I’m just asking you to check it out. | 我只是请你查一下。 |
[07:14] | Lindsay, a kidnapping that happened 18 years ago, | Lindsay,十八年前的一起绑架, |
[07:17] | I can promise you it’s inactive. | 我可以向你保证那已经失效了。 |
[07:19] | I’d just like you to review the file if you could… | 我只是想让你查一下档案,如果你可以。。。 |
[07:21] | Assuming I can even find it. | 就算我能找到。。。 |
[07:23] | and tell me what you have. | 告诉我你们掌握了些什么。 |
[07:25] | Please. | 求你了。 |
[07:31] | I just want to make sure | 我只是想确定一下 |
[07:32] | you’ve truly considered the ramifications | 你确实考虑过结算你的个人退休帐户的后果了。 |
[07:33] | of closing out your IRA. I have. | 我考虑过了。 |
[07:37] | Realizing that you’ll be liable | 你明白你要承担全额税款。 |
[07:39] | for taxes on the entire amount. | 你明白你要承担全额税款。 |
[07:40] | Realizing that. | 我明白。 |
[07:43] | Also realizing you’ll pay a fairly onerous penalty | 你也明白你要为提前支取而支付相当沉重的罚金。 |
[07:47] | for early withdrawal. | 你也明白你要为提前支取而支付相当沉重的罚金。 |
[07:48] | Also realizing. | 我也明白。 |
[07:50] | Do you own a house? Because we offer a wide variety | 你有房产吗? 因为我们提供各种的房产权益产品。。。 |
[07:52] | of home equity products– | 你有房产吗? 因为我们提供各种的房产权益产品。。。 |
[07:54] | Look,Maybe I ought to be committed. | 听着,也许我理应听你的。 |
[07:55] | But this is what I want to do. | 但是我就想这么做。 |
[07:58] | If you insist. It’s just– | 如果你坚持的话,只不过。。。 |
[07:59] | I’m a renter. | 我租房子住。 |
[08:02] | How much will I get from the IRA? | 我能从退休账户里拿到多少钱? |
[08:13] | Approximately $8,200. | 大概8200元。 |
[08:16] | Eighty-two hundred? | 8200元? |
[08:18] | My retirement fund is $8,200? | 我的退休金才8200元? |
[08:20] | You’re 23 years shy of retirement age. | 你离退休还有23年。 |
[08:22] | With your maximum annual contribution, | 按你最多的年度缴纳算, |
[08:24] | if you left this current amount intact– | 如果你保留当前的本金的话。。。 |
[08:25] | just give me the money. | 把钱给我吧。 |
[08:33] | Look, I had nothing to do with that Baldwin kid going missing. | 听着,我和那个Baldwin家失踪的孩子没关系。 |
[08:38] | It wasn’t me. | 不是我干的。 |
[08:41] | You’ll need a lawyer. | 你需要找个律师。 |
[08:43] | If the trial starts before you’re released, | 如果审判在你被释放之前开始, |
[08:45] | you’ll be transported to and from court. | 你将被押送往返法庭。 |
[08:47] | They never even arrested me. | 他们甚至都没有逮捕我。 |
[08:49] | You know why? Because I didn’t do it. | 你知道为什么吗?因为不是我干的。 |
[08:51] | Like you never molested those three little boys | 好像你从来没有因猥亵过那三个小男孩而入狱吗? |
[08:54] | who put you in here? | 好像你从来没有因猥亵过那三个小男孩而入狱吗? |
[08:59] | You married? | 你结婚了吗? |
[09:02] | Is that a threat, Mr. Pierce? | Pierce先生,你这是威胁吗? |
[09:05] | No, it’s not a threat. | 不,不是威胁。 |
[09:07] | Look, she gotta be here for this? Yes, she does. | – 她一定要在场吗? – 对,她要在场。 |
[09:10] | I need a witness. | 我需要一个证人。 |
[09:12] | I asked if you’re married. I see the ring on your finger. | 我问你是否结婚了。我看见你手指上的戒指了。 |
[09:16] | You probably got a nice wife. | 你可能有个好妻子。 |
[09:19] | You feel like getting it off, she’s who you probably think of. | 你有想摘掉戒指的感觉, 她(指lucy)也许是你想要得到的。 |
[09:24] | You got fantasies about other women, that’s cool. | 你对其他女人有了幻想,这很酷 |
[09:27] | Everybody understands, am I right? | 大家都理解,我说得对吧? |
[09:30] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[09:32] | I’m explaining something. | 我在做些解释。 |
[09:36] | Nobody on the planet can help who they’re attracted to. | 世上没人能抗拒对他们产生吸引的人。 |
[09:39] | For me… | 对于我来说。。。 |
[09:42] | …it was always little boys. | 吸引我的总是那些小男孩 |
[09:46] | I fooled myself into thinking | 我骗自己说 |
[09:48] | it was okay, it didn’t hurt anybody, not really. | 这没事,不会伤害任何人的,绝对不会的。 |
[09:54] | I did some bad things. | 我做过一些坏事。 |
[09:58] | I admit it. | 我承认。 |
[10:01] | And I got to live with that. | 我也得承受这一切。 |
[10:04] | So do all the boys you hurt. | 对所有被你伤害的孩子们。 |
[10:07] | Yeah, and I gotta live with that, too. | 是的,我也要承受。 |
[10:13] | But I had nothing to do with your clients’ kid, | 但是我和你的当事人的孩子没有关系 |
[10:16] | and they got no right to sue me. | 他们无权来指控我。 |
[10:19] | I could probably get them to drop the suit. | 我可能会让他们放弃起诉。 |
[10:23] | They just want to know where their son is. | 他们只想知道他们的儿子在哪儿 |
[10:26] | I don’t know what happened to that kid. | 那孩子的事我不知道。 |
[10:39] | Have your attorney call me. | 让你的律师联系我吧。 |
[10:51] | He denied it? Yes. | -他否认了? -是的。 |
[10:54] | Did he deny molesting those other boys? | 他否认了猥亵过其他男孩吗? |
[10:56] | No. | 没有 |
[10:58] | But he said he didn’t kidnap your son. | 但他说他没有绑架你们的儿子。 |
[11:03] | So what happens now? | 现在什么情况? |
[11:04] | He retained a lawyer. A good one. | 他聘请了一名律师。很厉害的一个。 |
[11:08] | She filed an immediate motion for summary judgment. | 她提交了一份要求即决审判的动议 |
[11:11] | We go and argue that next. | 我们要就此进行辩论。 |
[11:13] | If we can get by that, | 如果我们能应付过去, |
[11:14] | we can at least have some leverage to make him talk. | 我们至少能得到一些使他开口的筹码。 |
[11:22] | So I’ll meet you at the courthouse at 10:00. | 十点钟我会和你们在法庭见面。 |
[11:24] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的,谢谢你。 |
[11:27] | Good night. | 晚安。 |
[11:31] | Hey, Jimmy. | 嘿,Jimmy |
[11:34] | Hi. | 嗨。 |
[11:37] | Everything squared away with your bookie? | 你那庄家的事都搞定了? |
[11:39] | The last I heard, | 我最后知道的是 |
[11:40] | cops haven’t arrested him yet. | 警察还没逮捕他。 |
[11:42] | I’m not really following it since he fired me and all. | 因为他甚至解雇了我,我就完全没有再关心了 |
[11:45] | I’m talking about the money you owe him. | 我问的是你欠他的钱。 |
[11:47] | Oh, that. Yeah. | 哦,那个嘛,是呀。 |
[11:50] | We’re in the past tense on that. | 已经过去了。 |
[11:53] | Definitely. | 绝对没问题了。 |
[11:55] | Good. | 那就好。 |
[12:14] | Death would be presumed after seven years, Your Honor. | 法官大人,七年后就可以推定死亡。 |
[12:16] | Which means the statute of limitations | 这意味着过失致死的诉讼时效早已过去了 |
[12:18] | for wrongful death has long since run. | 这意味着过失致死的诉讼时效早已过去了 |
[12:20] | Unless there’s fraud that prevented the Baldwins | 除非存在阻止Baldwin夫妇发现 |
[12:23] | from finding out that he caused the wrongful death. | 是他造成了过失致死的欺骗行为 |
[12:26] | There wasn’t any fraud. | 不存在任何欺骗行为。 |
[12:27] | John Pierce disappeared days after kidnapping– | John Pierce在绑架后消失了几天。。。 |
[12:29] | Allegedly kidnapping. | 所谓的绑架。 |
[12:31] | He also assumed a false name and identity– | 他还冒用了一个假名和身份。。。 |
[12:33] | Alexander Wriat. | Alexander Wriat |
[12:35] | That’s fraud? Mr. Pierce wanted a fresh start, | 那算欺骗行为?Pierce先生希望有个新的开始, |
[12:38] | to get out from under the cloud | 以便从毫无根据的,不公正的怀疑中脱身。 |
[12:39] | of unfounded, unjust suspicion. | 以便从毫无根据的,不公正的怀疑中脱身。 |
[12:42] | He was convicted of sex crimes under this alias | 他用这个化名在其他州被判犯有性犯罪。 |
[12:45] | in another state. | 他用这个化名在其他州被判犯有性犯罪。 |
[12:46] | It took the Baldwins’ investigator | 这使得Baldwins夫妇雇的调查员 |
[12:48] | to figure out that Pierce and Wriat were one and the same. | 弄明白了Pierce和Wriat是同一个人。 |
[12:51] | Why didn’t your clients at least file their lawsuit | 你的客户为什么不在规定的期限内 |
[12:54] | within the prescribed period to preserve their claim? | 提起诉讼以维护他们的声索呢? |
[12:56] | It would have been pointless | 那是毫无意义的,因为他们找不到被告 |
[12:57] | since they couldn’t locate the defendant. | 那是毫无意义的,因为他们找不到被告 |
[12:59] | You don’t need to know where a defendant is | 为了提交诉讼,不需要你们知道被告在哪儿。 |
[13:01] | in order to file a lawsuit. | 为了提交诉讼,不需要你们知道被告在哪儿。 |
[13:02] | You do in order to serve him. | 为了让他服刑的话就需要了 |
[13:04] | He was found three years later. | 三年后,他被发现了。 |
[13:06] | They could have served him in prison. | 他们本可以让他服刑的。 |
[13:08] | All right. I’m going to let the claim survive | 好了,我会允许声索不受诉讼时效限制。 |
[13:11] | the statute of limitations challenge, | 好了,我会允许声索不受诉讼时效限制。 |
[13:14] | but as to whether there’s a case here at all, | 但至于究竟是否有立案依据, |
[13:17] | there wasn’t even enough evidence | 甚至没有足够的证据可以让警方去逮捕他。 |
[13:19] | for the police to make an arrest. | 甚至没有足够的证据可以让警方去逮捕他。 |
[13:20] | Different standard of proof in criminal cases. | 和刑事案件中的证据不同 |
[13:22] | This is civil. Oh, who’s kidding who? | – 这是个民事案件。 – 噢,开什么玩笑? |
[13:24] | If the police thought he had kidnapped Chad Baldwin– | 如果警察认为他绑架了Chad Baldwin。。。 |
[13:27] | The police did and do think that. | 警察始终这样认为。 |
[13:28] | They’re just unable to prove it. | 他们只是无法证明 |
[13:30] | And you think you can? | 你认为你可以吗? |
[13:32] | I would like at least to be allowed | 我希望至少被允许进行证据开示。 |
[13:34] | to conduct discovery. | 我希望至少被允许进行证据开示。 |
[13:39] | I’m going to grant you a short evidentiary hearing. | 我准予给你一次简短的证据听证会。 |
[13:42] | If you can make a showing that you have anything | 如果你能展示出有值得向陪审团提交的东西, |
[13:45] | worth submitting to a jury, I’ll let it stand. | 我会同意立案的。 |
[13:47] | Otherwise, I’m granting the defendant’s motion. | 否则,我会批准被告方提出的动议。 |
[13:51] | We’ll see you back here tomorrow, 10:00 a. m. | 我们定在明天上午十点 |
[13:54] | Tomorrow? | 明天? |
[13:56] | If you’re not ready to make a showing, counsel, | 律师,如果你在十八年后还没有准备好 |
[13:58] | after 18 years, that certainly gives me pause. | 拿出些东西来,这无疑会让我对此感到疑虑。 |
[14:02] | We’ll be here. | 我们会来的 |
[14:04] | Put the defendant back into custody. | 将被告收押。 |
[14:19] | We just want to give him a funeral. | 我们只想让他入土为安。 |
[14:21] | I will forgive you if you just tell us where he is. Jenny. -Jenny | -如果你告诉我们他在哪儿,我会原谅你的。 |
[14:24] | Honey. Mrs. Baldwin! | -亲爱的。 -Baldwin先生! |
[14:25] | Jenny, please. Don’t, don’t. | -求你了 -Jenny,别这样。 |
[14:27] | Please. Please. Come on. | -求你了,求你了 -走吧 |
[14:39] | I’m sorry. It’s all right. | -对不起 -没什么。 |
[14:40] | Okay, it’s time to put up or shut up. | 好吧,是要么行动要么就放弃的时候了。 |
[14:43] | Do we have the transcripts from the previous trials? Lucy ordered them. | -我们拿到上次审判的记录抄本了吗? -Lucy已经索取了。 |
[14:46] | Okay, Jenny, you testify first. Okay. | – 那好,Jenny,你第一个作证 – 好的。 |
[14:48] | You might be attacked on memory, | 你的记忆力会被质疑, |
[14:49] | the fact that it happened 18 years ago. | 毕竟是十八年前的事了。 |
[14:51] | I’ve been playing it back for 18 years, Mr. Donnell. | Donnell先生,我这十八年不断在回想着。 |
[14:54] | I remember it as if it was yesterday. | 就像是记得昨天的事一样。 |
[14:57] | Good. | 很好。 |
[15:10] | Hi, Jimmy. How you doing? | 嗨,Jimmy,你好啊。 |
[15:11] | I asked you not to come back here. | 我叫你不要再回这儿了。 |
[15:13] | Let’s say I missed you. | 可以说是我想你了。 |
[15:17] | Take a walk with me. | 和我出去走走吧 |
[15:18] | Let’s go. | 走吧。 |
[15:35] | Is this all of it? | 就这些吗? |
[15:36] | I just gave you $14,800. | 我刚给了你14800美元。 |
[15:39] | Which I appreciate, but you owe me 33. | 这要谢谢你了,但你欠我三万三千。 |
[15:41] | Twenty-seven. | 是二万七。 |
[15:42] | Thirty-three with the juice– 8.25 percent. | 三万三是按利滚利算的,8.25的利率。 |
[15:46] | This is every penny I can get my hands on. | 我连所有的钢蹦儿都凑上了 |
[15:50] | Morris. | |
[15:51] | What a surprise. You know Jimmy Berluti? | 真巧呀,你认识Jimmy Berluti吗? |
[15:56] | Look, Jimmy, I know what you’re thinking. | 听着,Jimmy,我知道你在想啥。 |
[15:58] | Morris is a big guy. | Morris是个大块头。 |
[15:59] | I brought him here to rough you up | 我带他来这儿是要像电影里演的那样收拾你,对吧? |
[16:01] | just like in the movies, right? | 我带他来这儿是要像电影里演的那样收拾你,对吧? |
[16:03] | Kind of cliche, if you ask me. | 依我看,有点老套了。 |
[16:06] | But… I tell you, | 但是。。。我告诉你, |
[16:08] | whatever words people might use to describe me… | 不管人们用什么词来形容我。。。 |
[16:12] | Uhh! | 啊呀! |
[16:17] | …”original” isn’t one of them. | 。。。都不会用“原始人”这个词 |
[16:23] | Thirty-six hours– I’ll have the rest. | 三十六个小时。。。我会凑齐的。 |
[16:26] | You got till tomorrow. | 给你的期限是明天之内。 |
[16:35] | We just caught a break. What? | -我们交好运了。 -什么? |
[16:37] | That was a guy named Bud Reynolds. | 一个叫Bud Reynolds的家伙儿。 |
[16:38] | He’s a resident at state prison. | 他是州立监狱的囚犯。 |
[16:40] | He claims John Pierce told him | 他说John Pierce跟他说过 |
[16:42] | he kidnapped the Baldwin boy. | 是他绑架了Baldwin的孩子 |
[16:44] | Becca, let’s go. | Becca,我们走。 |
[16:49] | John Pierce confessed to you he kidnapped, abused, and killed Chad Baldwin? | John Pierce向你承认他绑架、虐待 和杀害了Chad Baldwin? |
[16:56] | Yeah. | 对。 |
[16:57] | After 18 years of denying it, | 在十八年都拒绝承认之后, |
[16:59] | he suddenly tells a stranger he did it? | 他突然跟一个陌生人说是他干的? |
[17:02] | We weren’t strangers. We were friends. | 我们不算是陌生人,我们是朋友。 |
[17:04] | Which explains why you’re ratting on him. | 这可以用来解释为什么你背叛了他。 |
[17:06] | Hey, you don’t got to believe me. | 嘿,你不非得相信我。 |
[17:09] | It’s nothing to me. | 这对我来说没什么。 |
[17:11] | Why? Why what? | – 为什么? – 什么为什么? |
[17:12] | Why so public-spirited? What’s in it for you? | 为什么这么热心肠?对你有什么好处? |
[17:15] | That warm glow you get right here | 当碾死一只蛆的时候, |
[17:19] | when you squash a maggot. | 你会得到温暖的愉悦感。 |
[17:21] | I said we were friends. We’re not now. | 我说过我们是朋友,但现在不是了。 |
[17:26] | When did this conversation take place? | 这段谈话什么时候发生的? |
[17:28] | Six, eight months ago. | 六个,或是八个月前。 |
[17:32] | Why didn’t you report it? | 你为什么没有上报? |
[17:33] | Tell you the truth, | 跟你说实话吧 |
[17:35] | I kept hoping somebody’d stick a shank in his throat, | 我一直希望有人能弄死他。 |
[17:37] | but nobody ever did, and he’s getting out soon. | 但一直没人这么干,而他就快要被释放了。 |
[17:42] | How exactly did this conversation come about? | 这段对话到底是怎么发生的? |
[17:46] | I don’t remember. | 我记不得了。 |
[17:47] | Just came up. | 就是发生了。 |
[17:51] | Jailhouse informants lie all the time. | 监狱里的告密者总是在撒谎。 |
[17:54] | But to the police? To cut a deal here? | 但对于警察来说呢?为了达成一个交易? |
[17:56] | What would be his motive? | 他会是什么动机呢? |
[17:58] | Well, maybe just to get a day in court, | 也许就是为了去法庭上逛一天混过这周。 |
[17:59] | break up the week. | 也许就是为了去法庭上逛一天混过这周。 |
[18:01] | Did he seem believable? | 他看似可信吗? |
[18:02] | I couldn’t really tell. | 我真的说不好。 |
[18:05] | He’s not asking for anything, | 他没有提出任何要求。 |
[18:07] | which makes me suspect | 这让我觉得他可能说的是实话。 |
[18:09] | he’s probably telling the truth. | 这让我觉得他可能说的是实话。 |
[18:13] | So he is dead. | 那么说他已经死了。 |
[18:16] | My son. | 我的儿子。 |
[18:19] | Part of me thought… | 我心存一线希望。。。 |
[18:22] | …he was really still alive somewhere. | 他还在某个地方活着。 |
[18:27] | Hoped, I guess. | 我想是种期冀吧。 |
[18:32] | Did you arrange a transport? | 你安排好车了吗? |
[18:34] | All taken care of. | 都安排好了 |
[18:36] | Okay, Jenny, you’re still up first. | 好吧,Jenny,还是你首先作证。 |
[18:39] | Then we’ll call this Reynolds guy. | 然后我们传唤Reynolds那家伙。 |
[18:56] | Jeez, Jimmy, I told you, the timing– | 天啊, Jimmy,我跟你说过,现在手头很紧。。。 |
[19:00] | Can you help me with anything? | 你总能帮我点什么吧? |
[19:02] | A couple of thousand? | 几千块? |
[19:03] | It’s killing me, but I can’t. | 这让我太难办了,但我真的帮不了 |
[19:11] | You okay? | 你还好吧? |
[19:13] | You don’t look good. | 你看起来很糟糕。 |
[19:19] | Tell me about this horse. | 跟我说说那匹马的内幕消息。 |
[19:27] | We were at the park. | 我们当时在公园里。 |
[19:28] | We used to go every morning. | 我们一般是每天早上去 |
[19:30] | It was Chad’s favorite thing to do. | 那是Chad最喜欢的事。 |
[19:32] | BOBBY: What would your son do there? | 你儿子在那里做些什么? |
[19:34] | JENNY: He loved constructing things in the sandbox, | 他喜欢在沙坑里搭积木玩, |
[19:36] | I guess like any four-year-old. | 我想四岁大的孩子都这样。 |
[19:38] | This day he was playing with his Legos. | 当天他在玩乐高积木。 |
[19:41] | And what were you doing? | 你当时在做什么? |
[19:42] | I was watching him, as well as my daughter Susan, | 看着他,还有我的女儿Susan, |
[19:45] | who was on the swings. | 她在荡秋千。 |
[19:46] | Then what happened? | 然后呢? |
[19:47] | Susan fell off a swing and hurt herself, | Susan从秋千上掉下来摔伤了, |
[19:49] | and she was crying. | 她大哭起来。 |
[19:51] | I ran over to see about her. | 我跑过去照料她。 |
[19:53] | Maybe 30 or 40 seconds. | 也许就半分钟。 |
[19:57] | And when I looked back, Chad was gone. | 然后我回头一看,Chad不见了。 |
[20:00] | BOBBY: While your son was playing, | 你的儿子在玩耍的时候, |
[20:01] | did you see anybody else in the area? | 你看到附近有什么人吗? |
[20:04] | I saw that man. John Pierce? | - 我看见了那个人。 - 是John Pierce吗? |
[20:06] | Yes. He was at a water fountain | 是的,他在饮水喷泉那里 |
[20:08] | about 20 feet away from where Chad was playing. | 离Chad玩耍的地方大概20英尺。 |
[20:11] | What was he doing? | 他在干什么? |
[20:12] | Just standing there watching the children. | 就是看着那里看着孩子们。 |
[20:14] | Did that make you nervous? | 那使你感到紧张了吗? |
[20:15] | I really didn’t think about it. | 我确实没有去想什么。 |
[20:17] | Um, I had seen him before. | 呃,我之前见过他。 |
[20:22] | And he always seemed a little weird, | 他看起来总是有点怪怪的, |
[20:23] | but none of us– the mothers– | 但是我们这些母亲中没有人。。。 |
[20:25] | knew he was a child molester. | 知道他是一个恋童癖。 |
[20:27] | Objection. | 反对。 |
[20:28] | I’ll ignore it. | 我会指示陪审团忽略这一点的。 |
[20:29] | After you noticed that your son was gone, | 你发现你儿子不见了后, |
[20:32] | did you see Mr. Pierce? | 你看见Pierce先生了吗? |
[20:33] | No. He was gone, too. | 没有,他也不见了。 |
[20:35] | It all happened in seconds. | 这些都发生在很短时间内。 |
[20:38] | Mrs. Baldwin, did you see anyone else nearby | Baldwin夫人,在这短暂的时间内, |
[20:42] | who could have disappeared with Chad | 你看到附近有别的人和Chad一起不见了吗? |
[20:44] | in a matter of seconds? | 你看到附近有别的人和Chad一起不见了吗? |
[20:46] | No. Thank you. | - 没有 - 谢谢 |
[20:54] | I’m very sorry about the loss of your son, Mrs. Baldwin. | Baldwin夫人,对你失去爱子我深表遗憾。 |
[20:57] | Yes, you told me that. | 是啊,你说过了 |
[21:00] | Mr. Pierce actually worked at park, didn’t he? | 实际上Pierce先生就是在公园工作,不是吗? |
[21:03] | Evidently. | 显然是的 |
[21:04] | You said he seemed weird. | 你说他看起来很奇怪 |
[21:06] | Had you ever complained about him to anyone? | 你有没有向任何人投诉过他吗? |
[21:09] | No. | 没有。 |
[21:10] | To your knowledge, did any of the mothers | 据你所知, |
[21:12] | ever complain about Mr. Pierce’s behavior | 有别的母亲投诉过Pierce先生针对她们孩子的行为吗? |
[21:14] | toward their children? | 有别的母亲投诉过Pierce先生针对她们孩子的行为吗? |
[21:15] | Not to my knowledge. | 据我所知没有。 |
[21:17] | Did you ever see him behave | 你可曾看到过他以可怕或不适当的方式 |
[21:18] | in a scary or inappropriate manner | 你可曾看到过他以可怕或不适当的方式 |
[21:20] | around the children? | 接近过孩子们吗? |
[21:22] | He stared at them sometimes. | 他时常盯着他们看。 |
[21:25] | You never did see him abduct your son, did you? | 你从未看到他绑架你的儿子,是吗? |
[21:27] | I didn’t see it, but– So it could have been somebody else. | – 我没看见,但是。。。 – 那么说可能是别的人干的。 |
[21:30] | Nobody else was near Chad. | Chad附近没有别人。 |
[21:32] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[21:33] | If Mr. Pierce could disappear into the trees, | 如果Pierce先生能消失在树从中, |
[21:35] | someone else could’ve been hiding in there, couldn’t they? | 别的人也可能会躲在那里,不对吗? |
[21:37] | It was him. | 就是他。 |
[21:41] | It helps to have somebody to blame, | 归咎于某个人是有好处的, |
[21:44] | doesn’t it, Mrs. Baldwin, | 难道不是这样吗,Baldwin夫人 |
[21:46] | to give the monster a face, | 把恶魔安到一个人身上, |
[21:48] | even if it’s the wrong face? Objection. | – 即使是弄错了人? – 反对。 |
[21:51] | Withdrawn. That’s all I have. | 我撤回这句,我要问的就这些。 |
[22:39] | Are you authorized to make withdrawals from this account? | 你有权从这个账户提款吗? |
[22:41] | I’m a lawyer with the firm. | 我是这家公司的律师 |
[22:43] | I’m James Berluti. | 我是James Berluti。 |
[22:45] | I should be on record here. | 我应该已经被登记了。 |
[22:47] | The manager knows me. | 经理认识我。 |
[22:49] | Mr. Berluti, I’ll just have to get this approved. | Berluti先生,我只要得到批准即可。 |
[22:51] | Fifteen thousand? Yes. | – 一万五? – 对。 |
[22:53] | Okay, it’ll just take a second. | 那好,只要一小会儿就行。 |
[23:11] | We found three Legos in his apartment. | 我们在他的公寓里找到了三件乐高积木 |
[23:13] | Did John Pierce tell you how they got there? | John Pierce告诉你这些玩具是怎么来的吗? |
[23:15] | Yes. He said he had them | 说了,他说他的侄儿来的时候带来的。 |
[23:17] | for when his nephews came over. | 说了,他说他的侄儿来的时候带来的。 |
[23:18] | Three Legos? Yes. | – 三件乐高积木? – 是的 |
[23:20] | Three lone Legos? That’s correct. | – 三件不成套的乐高积木? – 没错。 |
[23:23] | Did you determine how often his nephews, in fact, came over? | 你们确认了他的侄子多久来一次吗? |
[23:27] | We determined he had no nephews. | 我们确认的是他没有侄子。 |
[23:30] | Were you ever able to determine that the Legos | 你们能确定你们在Pierce先生公寓里 |
[23:33] | you found in Mr. Pierce’s apartment | 发现的这些乐高积木是Chad Baldwin的吗? |
[23:35] | belonged to Chad Baldwin? | 发现的这些乐高积木是Chad Baldwin的吗? |
[23:37] | No, we were not. | 不,我们没有确定。 |
[23:38] | Any evidence of Chad Baldwin | 有任何证据表明Chad Baldwin到过ierce先生公寓里吗? |
[23:40] | ever being present in my client’s apartment? | 有任何证据表明Chad Baldwin到过ierce先生公寓里吗? |
[23:42] | No. | 没有 |
[23:43] | Any physical, testimonial, | 任何有关实物证据、证词、 |
[23:45] | or forensic evidence to suggest | 或者法医证据表明 |
[23:47] | that Chad Baldwin ever came in contact with John Pierce? | Chad Baldwin曾经和John Pierce有过接触吗? |
[23:51] | Only the testimony of the mother, | 只有这位母亲的证词。 |
[23:53] | who said she saw him close to her son. | 她看到他接近过的她儿子。 |
[24:00] | I wish I could be more optimistic. | 但愿我能更乐观一些。 |
[24:02] | What about the informant? | 那个检举的告密人呢? |
[24:04] | He’s going up next, but his credibility… | 他下一个出来作证。但他的诚信度。。。 |
[24:10] | the only other thing I can think of is to call Pierce. | 剩下唯一的就是我考虑传唤Pierce。 |
[24:14] | If he doesn’t take the Fifth, | 如果他不引用第五修正案的话, |
[24:15] | maybe if I go at him hard enough, | 也许我对他穷追猛打的话, |
[24:16] | he’ll say something to incriminate himself. | 他会说漏些什么暗示他自己有罪。 |
[24:19] | Contrary to the myth, not all child molesters are rocket scientists. | 和传说中的相反,不是所有的恋童癖都是高智商。 |
[24:30] | Race number eight will begin | 第八场比赛大概在十五分钟后就要开始了。 |
[24:32] | in approximately 15 minutes. | 第八场比赛大概在十五分钟后就要开始了。 |
[24:34] | Please proceed to the betting window to place your bet. | 请到下注窗口进行下注 |
[24:37] | Twelve thousand on number four– | 一万二押四号。。。“马蒂的魔力”获胜。 |
[24:40] | Maddie’s Charm to win. | 一万二押四号。。。“马蒂的魔力”获胜。 |
[24:43] | A hundred dollar exacta wheel, Maddie’s Charm on top. | 下注赌连赢位置,100块押“马蒂的魔力”在第一位。 |
[24:48] | And $2,000 to show. | 2000块押前三名。 |
[24:50] | That’s on number four. | 是第四号。 |
[25:07] | Eugene, this just came through the fax. | Eugene,刚收到这份传真。 |
[25:09] | It’s… | 这是。。。 |
[25:10] | What? | 是什么? |
[25:12] | A CTR form from the bank. | 银行传过来的CTR表单。 |
[25:15] | There’s been a withdrawal from the Peterson account. | Peterson账户上有一笔取款。 |
[25:24] | Before we move on to what Mr. Pierce said to you, | 在我们谈及Pierce先生对你说的话之前, |
[25:28] | can you tell me how you feel about him? | 你能告诉我你对他的印象吗? |
[25:30] | I can’t stand him. | 我受不了他。 |
[25:32] | I make no bones there. | 对此我直言不讳。 |
[25:34] | Why don’t you like Mr. Pierce? | 你为什么不喜欢Pierce先生? |
[25:36] | He told the CO I had contraband in my cell, | 他告诉狱警说我监室里有违禁品 |
[25:38] | and I got put in the hole for a few days. | 于是我被罚关了几天小黑屋子 |
[25:40] | What kind of contraband? | 什么违禁品? |
[25:42] | A hot plate. | 电炉 |
[25:43] | Are you a vindictive person, Mr. Reynolds? | Reynolds先生,你是个报复心强的人吗? |
[25:46] | Are you testifying to get back at the defendant? | 你作证是为了报复被告吗? |
[25:49] | No. I just think he deserves to go down | 不是,我只是认为他应该为 其对Baldwin家孩子的所作所为而付出代价 |
[25:51] | for what he did to that Baldwin boy. | 不是,我只是认为他应该为 其对Baldwin家孩子的所作所为而付出代价 |
[25:53] | All right. | 那好吧 |
[25:55] | What, exactly, did he tell you about that? | 就此事,他到底对你说了些什么? |
[25:58] | He said– and this is pretty much of a quote– | 他说。。。接下来差不多就是他的原话了。。。 |
[26:01] | “I sure did enjoy getting that boy out | “从他妈妈的眼鼻子底下把那个男孩带出来, |
[26:03] | from under his mama’s nose. | 我真的很爽。 |
[26:05] | He was a real looker.” | 他长得真好看” |
[26:07] | Did he say who he was talking about? | 他说了他谈到的那个男孩是谁吗? |
[26:09] | He said that kid who was snatched from the park– | 他说的是那个他从公园偷走的孩子。。。 |
[26:12] | Chad Baldwin, the one on the news. | Chad Baldwin,新闻里说的那个。 |
[26:14] | Did he tell you he murdered Chad? | 他跟你说他杀了Chad吗? |
[26:19] | He didn’t use that word. | 他没这么说。 |
[26:21] | He said he cleaned up after himself, | 他说他随后自己清理干净了, |
[26:22] | and that he regretted not keeping the kid around longer | 还说他后悔没让那个孩子多呆一会儿。 |
[26:25] | ’cause he was good. | 因为那孩子太棒了。 |
[26:27] | What was his demeanor as he was telling you this? | 他告诉你这件事时的举止如何? |
[26:30] | Sort of dreamy. | 有些恍惚。 |
[26:33] | The same look a man gets when he’s remembering a woman. | 跟一个男人想起一个女人时的表情一样。 |
[26:37] | ANNOUNCER: The horses are at the gate. | 赛马们都在门口了, |
[26:39] | It’s post time for the race. | 马上就要开赛了。 |
[26:57] | HENRIETTA: Did he ever give you any specific details of this crime? | 他有没有给你说过这起犯罪的具体细节? |
[27:00] | Just what I told you. | 就是我跟你说的那些。 |
[27:01] | Just that he did it. And enjoyed it. | 就是说是他干的,而且很爽。 |
[27:04] | Isn’t it true that you told Mr. Pierce | 你跟Pierce先生说过你要报复他, |
[27:06] | you were gonna get even with him? | 这是不是事实? |
[27:07] | No, it’s not. | 不,不是的。 |
[27:09] | What are you serving a sentence for, Mr. Reynolds? | Reynolds先生,你犯了什么罪而服刑的? |
[27:11] | Embezzlement and assault. | 贪污和侵害人身罪 |
[27:13] | So we can safely assume you are both a dishonest | 那么我们可以有把握地假设你 |
[27:16] | and a violent person, can we not? | 是一个不诚实和残暴兼备的人,可以吗? |
[27:18] | I am telling the truth here. | 我现在说的都是实话。 |
[27:20] | You even have a reputation in prison for being a snitch, don’t you? | 你在监狱里甚至还有个告密者的名声,不是吗? |
[27:22] | Undeserved. | 这是冤枉的。 |
[27:23] | Makes sense that Mr. Pierce would confess | Pierce先生会向一个众所周知的 告密者坦白是合乎情理的,不是吗? |
[27:26] | to a known snitch, doesn’t it? | Pierce先生会向一个众所周知的 告密者坦白是合乎情理的,不是吗? |
[27:28] | Well, I find pedophiles lack judgment. | 这个嘛,我发现恋童癖脑子都不好使。 |
[27:36] | Move it! | 加油! |
[27:37] | Move it, four! | 加油,四号! |
[27:38] | Come on, four, move it! | 快点,四号,加油! |
[27:40] | Whip him, Jorge! | Jorge,加鞭! |
[27:42] | Come on, Jorge, whip him, baby! | 快点,Jorge,加油,宝贝! |
[27:43] | Come on, baby! Come on, four! | 快点,宝贝!快点,四号! |
[27:45] | Make your move, four! | 加油呀,四号! |
[27:47] | Run him, baby! Run him, baby! | 快点跑,宝贝! |
[27:48] | Get inside! Get inside! | 插内道 !内道! |
[27:51] | Go, baby, go! That’s it! | 冲呀,宝贝!就这样! |
[27:52] | Come on now! | 快点! |
[27:54] | Jorge, bring it around! Bring it inside! | Jorge,带着它过来,带着他切内道! |
[27:56] | Go home, baby! Bring it home, four! | 冲线,宝贝!冲到终点,四号! |
[27:58] | Come on, four! Come on, baby! | 快点,四号!快点,宝贝! |
[28:00] | Come on! Come on! Come on! | 快!快! |
[28:02] | Four! Four! | 四号!四号! |
[28:03] | Come on! Come on! Go! Go! | 快点,快点!冲! |
[28:06] | Go! Go! Four! | 冲!冲!四号! |
[28:07] | Four! Four! Oh, come on, baby! | 四号!四号!噢,快点,宝贝! |
[28:09] | Oh, come on, four! | 噢,快点,四号! |
[28:17] | 我赢了。 | |
[28:24] | I won. | 我赢了。 |
[28:27] | Anything else, Mr. Donnell? | Donnell,还有别证人要传唤吗? |
[28:29] | Yes, Your Honor. We call John Pierce to the stand. | 是的,法官大人,我们传唤John Pierce作证。 |
[28:32] | Objection. Mr. Donnell knows full well | 反对,Donnell完全明白我不会允许这样做的 |
[28:35] | I’m not about to allow that to happen. | 反对,Donnell完全明白我不会允许这样做的 |
[28:36] | This is a civil proceeding. I can call whoev– | 这是民事诉讼。无论是谁我都可以传唤。。。 |
[28:39] | And if criminal charges could follow, | 但如果随后有刑事指控, |
[28:41] | my client is allowed to assert his Fifth Amendment right | 我的委托人是被允许 行使其第五修正案赋予的权利而不出庭作证的 |
[28:43] | not to testify, and my advice for him | 我给他明确的建议是那样做是不明智的。 |
[28:45] | to do exactly that won’t be subtle. | 我给他明确的建议是那样做是不明智的。 |
[28:47] | Given that 18 years have passed, | 鉴于已经过去十八年了, |
[28:49] | the likelihood that criminal charges will be brought– | 引发刑事指控的可能性。。。 |
[28:51] | We’re not talking likelihoods. There’s still a chance. | 我们不是在讨论可能性,但毕竟仍有风险。 |
[28:54] | This man is a convicted child molester. | 这个人是一个被判有罪的猥亵儿童者 |
[28:58] | He was seen and identified | 在绑架案发时, |
[28:59] | as being within 50 feet of the victim | 他被看到并别确认是在离受害者50英尺范围内。 |
[29:01] | at the time of the kidnapping. | 他被看到并别确认是在离受害者50英尺范围内。 |
[29:03] | Chad Baldwin was playing with Legos at the time. | Chad Baldwin当时正在玩乐高积木。 |
[29:06] | Legos were found in that bastard’s apartment. | 而在那个混蛋的公寓里发现了乐高积木。 |
[29:09] | Objection! Mr. Donnell. | – 反对! – Donnell先生 |
[29:12] | We all know we can’t get him criminally. | 我们都知道我们不能追究其刑事责任。 |
[29:15] | At least give us a chance to get him civilly. | 但至少给我们一个机会追究其民事责任。 |
[29:18] | Counsel, step up. | 律师,上前来。 |
[29:25] | First, Mr. Donnell, | 首先,Donnell先生, |
[29:27] | as much as I admire your passion, | 我很欣赏你的激情, |
[29:30] | you are not exactly known as a champion of fair play, | 但你确实不是那种遵守公平竞争规则的人, |
[29:32] | so I would delete the moral indignation | 所以我不会考虑你那些义愤填膺的招数。 |
[29:35] | from your repertoire. | 所以我不会考虑你那些义愤填膺的招数。 |
[29:39] | Now, Ms. Lightstone. | 而Lightstone女士。 |
[29:42] | True, your client does not have to testify here, | 没错,你的当事人不必在这儿作证, |
[29:46] | but if he doesn’t, you might not like my finding. | 但如果他不作证的话,你大概不会满意我的裁决。 |
[29:49] | My client is judgment-proof. I’m not terribly concerned– | 我的当事人没有赔偿支付能力,所以我不太担心。。。 |
[29:51] | I am not talking about civil liability. | 我不是在谈民事责任。 |
[29:53] | What are you talking about? | 那你指的是? |
[29:55] | You’re a good lawyer, Henrietta. Figure it out. | 你是个优秀的律师,Henrietta,好好想想吧。 |
[29:58] | As a convicted pedophile, | 作为一个被定罪的恋童癖 |
[30:00] | your client can be kept in jail | 如果你的当事人被认为对社会有危险的话, |
[30:02] | even after his sentence has expired | 他就算服完刑期也会继续被关在监狱里。 |
[30:04] | if he’s considered to be a danger to society. | 他就算服完刑期也会继续被关在监狱里。 |
[30:06] | He has already satisfied the psychiatrists that he’s not. | 他已经使精神病医生确信他没有危险了。 |
[30:09] | Yes. They consider him to be rehabilitated, | 没错,他们觉得他完全康复了, |
[30:12] | full of remorse. | 并充满了悔意。 |
[30:14] | Well, from where I sit– | 然而,从我的角度。。。 |
[30:16] | and I tend to like the view up here– | 我比较喜欢这样来看问题。。。 |
[30:18] | I’m not getting that picture. | 但我可没有得出同样的看法。 |
[30:21] | If he refuses to testify, | 如果他拒绝作证, |
[30:24] | that makes me concerned | 那会使我担心他是否真的改过自新了。 |
[30:25] | as to whether he has truly reformed. | 那会使我担心他是否真的改过自新了。 |
[30:28] | What are you saying? | 你什么意思? |
[30:29] | I want to hear from him. | 我想听听他怎么说。 |
[30:31] | Otherwise, | 否则的话, |
[30:32] | the District Attorney’s office | 地检部门可能会提起民事犯罪诉讼。 |
[30:34] | might want to bring civil commitment proceedings, | 地检部门可能会提起民事犯罪诉讼。 |
[30:36] | and your client may never get out. | 这样你的当事人永远也出不去了。 |
[30:38] | This is blackmail. | 这是敲诈。 |
[30:40] | I’m just pointing out risks, counsel. | 我只是指出了风险,律师。 |
[30:43] | So if my client refuses to testify, | 那么,如果我的当事人拒绝作证, |
[30:45] | you can find him uncooperative | 你会裁决他不予合作 |
[30:46] | and recommend he stay locked up forever, | 而建议关他一辈子, |
[30:48] | and if he testifies and slips up, | 但如果他作证了并出了差错, |
[30:50] | he could stay locked up forever. | 他可能也要关上一辈子 |
[30:52] | Choose your poison. | 你选一个吧。 |
[31:02] | Now we have our leverage. | 现在我们握有筹码了。 |
[31:03] | He’s got a strong incentive to tell us where the body is | 为了能不让局面恶化, |
[31:07] | if it’ll stop this train. | 他有充分的理由告诉我们尸体在哪里。 |
[31:08] | There’s no way they want to risk testifying. | 他们无论如何也不想冒险作证得。 |
[31:10] | If he did testify, do you think you could get him? | 如果他作证了,你觉得你可以 |
[31:12] | I should be able to shake him enough to give spindle doubts. | 我应该能搞得他足以露出马脚 |
[31:14] | That’s what they have to be afraid of now. | 这是他们现在不得不害怕的。 |
[31:16] | He’s not just risking criminal prosecution. | 他不仅仅是冒着刑事起诉的风险。 |
[31:19] | If he plays dodgeball with me, | 而且如果他跟我耍心眼, |
[31:20] | the DA could argue he’s not rehabilitated | 地检部门能认为他尚未恢复正常 |
[31:22] | and seek involuntary confinement. | 并争取对其强制性拘押。 (involuntary confinement是一种法律程序, 通过该程序,被认为有严重精神障碍症状的个人 被法院命令在精神病院接受治疗) |
[31:24] | It’s civil, but prison is prison. | 这属于民事范畴,但毕竟是监禁。 |
[31:27] | We got him in the crossfire now. | 我们现在把他逼入险境了。 |
[31:29] | Our leverage is great. | 我们掌握的筹码很有优势。 |
[31:31] | Now’s the time to go back to them. | 现在该去对付他们了。 |
[31:33] | With what? | 怎么做? |
[31:34] | Well, if he tells us where the remains are, | 如果他告诉我们尸体在哪儿, |
[31:36] | we drop our claim, he gets his freedom… | 我们撤回我们的要求,他也就自由了。。。 |
[31:41] | …and you get to have a funeral for your son. | 。。。而你们则为你儿子举行葬礼 |
[31:46] | No. | 不行。 |
[31:57] | Why not? Jenny? – Jenny? | – 为什么不行? |
[31:59] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[32:02] | Bobby, you asked us at the beginning why we hired you. | Bobby,你最初问过我们为什么要雇你。 |
[32:07] | And I gave you an honest answer– | 我对你如实回答。。。 |
[32:08] | that we wanted closure. | 我们希望了却心愿。 |
[32:11] | BOBBY: And? | 那么? |
[32:13] | And sitting here right now… | 而今在这里。。。 |
[32:16] | I don’t know, faced with the possibility that he could go free, | 我说不好,看到他可能会被释放 |
[32:19] | I suddenly realize… | 我突然意识到。。。 |
[32:21] | I want vengeance more. | 我更想复仇。 |
[32:23] | Jenny. If the choice is – Jenny。 | – 如果选择是 |
[32:25] | get the body back and he goes free | 找回尸体放他自由 |
[32:27] | versus don’t get the body and he rots in jail, | 或者是不要尸体而让他烂在监狱里, |
[32:30] | I choose that he rots. | 我的选择是让他烂掉。 |
[32:37] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗? |
[32:40] | I want him to rot. | 我要让他烂掉。 |
[32:52] | Jimmy. | |
[32:54] | Can I see you for a minute? | 我可以和你谈一下吗? |
[33:03] | Shut the door. | 把门关上。 |
[33:10] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[33:16] | Yeah, it’s a withdrawal slip. What about it? | 这是一张取款单。怎么回事? |
[33:22] | What do you need $15,000 for? | 你要一万五干什么? |
[33:26] | I had some expenses on the Peterson case. | 我在Peterson的案子上要用一些钱。 |
[33:28] | You’re not a good liar, Jimmy. | Jimmy,你骗人的功夫不怎么样。 |
[33:30] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[33:34] | Okay. | 好吧。 |
[33:35] | I had a personal emergency, all right? | 我有个紧急的私事,行了吧? |
[33:38] | The money’s already back. I just came from the bank. | 钱已经还回去了。我刚从银行来。 |
[33:41] | So you think that’s that. | 那你觉得这样就行了 |
[33:47] | Look, Eugene, I got in a jam with a bookie. | 听着,Eugene,我惹上了一个庄家的麻烦。 |
[33:50] | I borrowed money for, like, seven hours. | 我借用了一些钱,就七个小时而已。 |
[33:52] | You stole money. | 你偷了钱。 |
[33:54] | You took from a client’s trust fund. | 你挪用了一个当事人的信托基金。 |
[33:56] | That’s theft. | 这是盗窃行为。 |
[33:58] | I’m sorry. I-It was a one-time situation. | 我道歉,就这一次。 |
[34:02] | Can we just let it go? No. | – 这事儿能算了吗? – 不行 |
[34:05] | We can’t. | 我们不能。 |
[34:06] | This affects the entire firm. | 这对整个事务所造成了影响。 |
[34:10] | I got to bring it to Bobby. | 我要把这事交给Bobby处理。 |
[34:11] | Please, just don’t do that. Please. | 拜托,千万别这样,拜托了。 |
[34:14] | Eugene, please. | Eugene,求求你。 |
[34:32] | Oh, Jimmy. | 噢,Jimmy |
[34:35] | Eugene wants to see you. | Eugene想见你。 |
[34:54] | I paid it all back within six hours, plus interest. | 我六个小时内就还上钱了,还有利息。 |
[34:57] | By law, we’re required to notify the client and the Bar. | 按照法律,我们应该通知当事人和律师协会。 |
[35:02] | You do that, I’m dead. | 你们这样做,我就完了。 |
[35:03] | If I don’t, this whole firm could get disbarred! | 如果我不这样做,这个事务所会被取消从业资格! |
[35:06] | Bobby, I could go to jail. | Bobby,我可能会去坐牢呀。 |
[35:08] | Whose fault is that? | 那是谁的错? |
[35:09] | Look, Bobby, I’m done. | 听着,Bobby,我不会再犯了。 |
[35:11] | You’ve said that before. | 这话你说过了。 |
[35:12] | I’m done! You have my word. | 我不会再犯了,我向你保证过。 |
[35:14] | I’m supposed to risk everybody’s reputation, | 就凭一个瘾君子的保证, |
[35:16] | risk this firm, on the word of an addict? | 我应该拿所有人的声誉,还有这个事务所来冒险吗? |
[35:20] | I’m not an addict! | 我不是一个瘾君子! |
[35:24] | I’m due in court. | 我该去出庭了 |
[35:26] | What’s gonna happen? I don’t know. | – 接下来呢? – 我不知道。 |
[35:41] | Thanks a lot. | 真是谢谢你呀。 |
[35:47] | This affects everybody, Jimmy. | 这影响到每个人,Jimmy |
[35:52] | Try to get that. | 好好想想吧 |
[36:04] | Mr. Pierce, if you didn’t kidnap Chad Baldwin, | Pierce先生,如果你没有绑架Chad Baldwin, |
[36:09] | who did? | 那会是谁干的? |
[36:10] | I do not know. | 这我不知道。 |
[36:11] | Do you care? | 你对此关注吗? |
[36:12] | Of course I care, but it wasn’t me. | 我当然关注了,但反正不是我。 |
[36:15] | You’ve already told a lie, haven’t you, | 针对我的第二个问题, |
[36:18] | on my second question? | 你已经撒过谎了,不是吗? |
[36:19] | Objection. Sustained. | – 反对 – 反对有效。 |
[36:21] | You cared when Chad Baldwin was kidnapped? | Chad Baldwin被绑架时你对此关注吗? |
[36:24] | Mr. Donnell, I had a sexual problem | Donnell先生,我是有性癖好方面的问题 |
[36:28] | for which I received both treatment and medication, | 为此我接受了诊治和服药, |
[36:31] | but I have never been a person without compassion. | 但是我从来不是一个没有同情心的人。 |
[36:35] | So when a four-year-old disappears, | 那么当一个四岁的孩子失踪时 |
[36:37] | you would feel compassion. | 你会抱以同情。 |
[36:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:40] | Would you bother to help if you could? | 如果你能的话,你会费心去帮忙吗? |
[36:44] | Because I’m curious. | 因为我有些奇怪。 |
[36:45] | You were there at the time, seen less than 50 feet away, | 当时你在那里,不到50英尺远, |
[36:49] | you even knew the victim. | 你甚至认识受害者。 |
[36:50] | Why didn’t you go forward to the police | 作为一个可能的证人,你为什么不去找警察呢? |
[36:52] | as a possible witness? | 作为一个可能的证人,你为什么不去找警察呢? |
[36:54] | Because I didn’t see anything. | 因为我啥也没看见 |
[36:56] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[36:57] | Maybe there was something you saw seemingly irrelevant to you, | 也许你看到了一些看似与你无关的东西, |
[37:01] | but it could’ve provided a clue to them. | 但这本可以为警方提供线索。 |
[37:03] | Why didn’t you at least say, “Hey, how can I help?” | 为什么你不起码说一声,“嘿,我能帮什么忙吗?” |
[37:06] | Look, I was afraid they’d suspect me. | 要知道,我怕他们怀疑上我。 |
[37:10] | Why? | 为什么? |
[37:12] | At this point, your record was clean. | 在那时,你没有前科的记录。 |
[37:14] | Why would they suspect you? | 他们为什么要怀疑你? |
[37:16] | You didn’t molest those other three boys till after. | 到那时为止你还没有性骚扰其他三个男孩子。 |
[37:18] | Objection. Sustained. | – 反对 – 反对有效 |
[37:20] | Your work shift went to 4:00 p. m., | 你的交班时间是下午四点 |
[37:22] | but I see, on this day, you left early. | 但我注意到,当天,你提前离开了。 |
[37:24] | I didn’t feel well. You didn’t feel well. | – 我有些不舒服 – 你有些不舒服呀 |
[37:27] | Did you go to a supervisor to say you were leaving? | 你去跟主管说你要走了吗? |
[37:29] | No. I just went home. | 没有,我直接回家了。 |
[37:32] | Coincidentally, you left within 30 to 40 seconds | 巧合的是, |
[37:34] | of the time Chad Baldwin disappeared. | 你是在Chad Baldwin消失的那30-40秒中内离开的。 |
[37:37] | Can you account for such a coincidence? | 你能解释这种巧合吗? |
[37:40] | A soon-to-be-convicted child molester | 不久后即被定罪的骚扰儿童犯, |
[37:42] | is within 50 feet of a child | 在一个孩子被绑架的那一刻, |
[37:45] | at the exact time he’s kidnapped? | 离那个孩子在50英尺内? |
[37:48] | Objection! Withdrawn. | – 反对! – 我撤回这句 |
[37:50] | Why did you leave the state? | 你为什么离开这个州? |
[37:51] | I cooperated completely with the police | 在我离开这个州之前,我和警察彻底合作过。 |
[37:54] | before I left the state. | 在我离开这个州之前,我和警察彻底合作过。 |
[37:55] | Why did you leave, sir? | 你为什么离开这个州,先生? |
[37:57] | Because I expected to get the same bias | 因为我预料到每个人都会像你现在这样对我有偏见。 |
[38:00] | from everybody that I’m getting from you. | 因为我预料到每个人都会像你现在这样对我有偏见。 |
[38:02] | So you ran. Yes. | – 所以你跑了。 – 没错。 |
[38:04] | Tell us about those Legos. Why’d you tell the police | 跟我们说说那些乐高积木,为什么你跟警察说 |
[38:07] | the Legos were for nephews you didn’t have? | 这些玩具是你那本就没有的侄子的? |
[38:10] | I lied. As I said, I knew they thought that I was guilty. | 我撒谎了,我说过了,我知道警方觉得我是有罪的。 |
[38:13] | So you lied. Yes. | – 所以你就撒谎了 – 是的 |
[38:16] | Why didn’t you tell them the truth? | 为什么不跟警方说实话? |
[38:18] | Because I didn’t remember when I got the Legos. | 因为我记不得我什么时候有那些乐高玩具的。 |
[38:22] | So you decided to say you had nephews. | 所以你决定说你有个侄子。 |
[38:24] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[38:26] | What happened to Chad Baldwin? | Chad Baldwin到底怎么样了? |
[38:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:30] | Do you care? | 你关心吗? |
[38:31] | I said, I care. | 我说过,我关心的。 |
[38:33] | Because you have compassion. | 因为你是有同情心的。 |
[38:36] | Can you feel for his parents sitting over there? | 你能同情他坐在那里的双亲吗? |
[38:40] | Yes! Can you understand how they would love | 你能理解他们是多想找到他们儿子的遗体, |
[38:42] | to get their son’s remains | 你能理解他们是多想找到他们儿子的遗体, |
[38:43] | so they can get some kind of closure? | 以便得到某种释怀吗? |
[38:45] | Can you understand that? Yes. | – 你能理解吗? – 是的。 |
[38:47] | Would you be willing to help them if you could? | 如果你能的话,你愿意帮助他们吗? |
[38:49] | Yes, but I can’t. | 是的,但我无能为力。 |
[38:51] | Well, even peace of mind that you didn’t take their son– | 那么,即使你对没有绑架他们的儿子心安理得。。。 |
[38:56] | would you be willing to give them that? | 你愿意让他们接受这一点吗? |
[38:58] | I’m trying right now. I appreciate that. | – 我现在就是在这么做呀 – 我谢谢你 |
[39:01] | Would you be willing to take a polygraph? | 你愿意做个测谎吗? |
[39:03] | Objection. I’m not talking about | – 反对 – 我不是将此用于刑事诉讼目的 |
[39:04] | using it for criminal purposes. | – 反对 – 我不是将此用于刑事诉讼目的 |
[39:07] | A private polygraph just between parties, | 只是在双方之间的一次非公开的测谎, |
[39:09] | just to satisfy my clients that you didn’t take their son. | 只是为了让我的当事人确信你没有绑架他们的儿子。 |
[39:14] | Would you be willing to do that so they can just move on? | 你愿意这样做吗?这样的话他们就可以释怀了 |
[39:17] | Those things aren’t foolproof. | 这种东西可不靠谱 |
[39:19] | Understood. Would you be willing? | 我理解。但你愿意吗? |
[39:22] | I don’t care if he’s willing. I won’t allow it. | 我不在乎他是不是愿意,我就不会同意的。 |
[39:24] | Whatever your lawyer advises or recommends, | 无论你的律师提出什么建议和忠告, |
[39:27] | John, it’s ultimately your decision. | John,最终取决于你的决定。 |
[39:31] | Will you take that polygraph? | 你愿意进行测谎吗? |
[39:34] | No. | 不。 |
[39:35] | Because I don’t trust them to be reliable. | 因为我不相信测谎是可信的 |
[39:39] | And you insist on reliability. | 你居然强调起信任来了。 |
[39:42] | HENRIETTA: Objection! | 反对! |
[39:45] | Nothing further. | 没有要问的了。 |
[39:50] | All right, Mr. Pierce, you may step down. | 那好,Pierce先生,你可以退下证人席了。 |
[39:53] | Mr. Donnell, any other witnesses? | Donnell先生,还有别的证人吗? |
[39:55] | No, Your Honor. Ms. Lightstone? | – 没有了,法官大人。 – Lightstone女士,你呢? |
[39:57] | No, but I’d like to be heard. | 没有了,但我想说几句。 |
[39:59] | I’m not interested. | 我没兴趣听。 |
[40:01] | All right. | 那好。 |
[40:03] | If the defendant was not involved | 如果被告与Chad Baldwin的失踪无关, |
[40:06] | in the disappearance of Chad Baldwin, | 如果被告与Chad Baldwin的失踪无关, |
[40:08] | then we have to assume there was another skulking child molester | 我们就得假定有另一个潜藏的猥亵儿童犯, |
[40:12] | who happened to be hiding behind a tree | 在同一时间同一地点碰巧藏在树丛后。 |
[40:15] | in the same area at the same time. | 在同一时间同一地点碰巧藏在树丛后。 |
[40:18] | Mr. Pierce, you look pretty guilty to me. | Pierce先生,我看你很像是有罪的。 |
[40:22] | But as for evidence, that’s all there is. | 但至于证据,就全摆在这。 |
[40:24] | You were there at the time and place. | 你当时在场。 |
[40:26] | Admittedly, your job required you to be there. | 诚然,你的工作要求你在场。 |
[40:31] | I’m gonna let this case go forward, | 我打算让这个案子继续下去, |
[40:33] | but, Mr. Donnell, if you don’t come up with more, | 但是,Donnell先生,如果你拿不出更进一步的东西, |
[40:36] | I will be dismissing it at a later date. | 我会在稍后撤销此案的。 |
[40:38] | What about recommending | 交给地区检查官去按民事犯罪提起诉讼如何? |
[40:39] | to the District Attorney’s Office | 建议地区检查官去按民事犯罪提起诉讼如何? |
[40:41] | that they file for civil commitment? | 建议地区检查官去按民事犯罪提起诉讼如何? |
[40:45] | I can’t recommend a man’s freedom | 我不能仅凭怀疑就建议剥夺一个的自由 |
[40:47] | be taken away based on suspicion alone. | 我不能仅凭怀疑就建议剥夺一个的自由 |
[40:51] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭。 |
[41:05] | I’m sorry. | 对不起。 |
[41:07] | Is it over? | 结束了? |
[41:10] | No. If the wrongful death action survives, | 没有,如果意外致死的诉讼还有效, |
[41:12] | we can keep digging, | 我们能继续挖掘证据, |
[41:14] | but there’s no money to be won. | 但是得不到赔偿。 |
[41:17] | And as for keeping him in jail | 至于把他继续关在监狱里或者找出你儿子遗体的下落 |
[41:19] | or finding the whereabouts of your son’s remains… | 至于把他继续关在监狱里或者找出你儿子遗体的下落 |
[41:24] | …we struck out. | 。。。我们失败了。 |
[41:27] | I’m very sorry. | 我很抱歉。 |
[41:29] | You did your best. | 你尽力了。 |
[41:31] | Perhaps a wiser lawyer | 也许更聪明些的律师 |
[41:32] | would’ve steered you away from all this. | 会引导你们避开这些的。 |
[41:35] | We wouldn’t let you. | 我们不会让你这样做的。 |
[41:37] | You tried. | 你努力了。 |
[42:02] | Mr. Donnell? | |
[42:04] | Yes. | |
[42:05] | I’m James Tucker, and this is my mother. | 我是James Tucker,这是我妈妈。 |
[42:09] | How can I help you? | 有什么需要效劳的? |
[42:10] | We’ve been following the Pierce trial in the news, | 我们在新闻上关注着Pierce案子的审理, |
[42:13] | and we need to talk to somebody. | 我们需要找个人谈谈。 |
[42:16] | About what? | 关于什么? |
[42:20] | I think I may be Chad Baldwin. | 我想我也许就是Chad Baldwin。 |
[42:33] | TV ANNOUNCER: Hakim is back to receive | Hakim回来接球了 |
[42:34] | Hakim has had a problem holding on to the ball. | Hakim拿球有些不稳。 |
[42:40] | Both last year and in pre-season, | 上赛季和季前赛 |
[42:42] | really one of the best in the league. | 确实是联盟中最好的一个 |
[42:43] | Tremendous kick. | 精彩的一脚 |
[42:45] | Hakim fields it back at the 15 yard line… | Hakim在15码线的地方把球抢回来! |
[42:49] | Hakim and only the punter to beat! | 只有Hakim和赌徒才会赢! |
[42:52] | And knocked him down! | 放倒他! |
[42:54] | He’ll go all the way for a touchdown! | 他会一直冲到触地得分的! |
[42:56] | The punter was… | 这赌徒是。。。 |
[42:58] | No way! | 不可能! |