时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on The Practice… | |
[00:02] | Is this all of it? | 就这些? |
[00:03] | This is every penny I can get my hands on. | 我能凑到的每分钱都在这儿了。 |
[00:06] | Oh! | 哎呦! |
[00:07] | You got till tomorrow. | 明天之内拿到。 |
[00:09] | Twelve thousand on number four to win. | 一万二押四号赢。 |
[00:12] | Go get them, baby! Go get them, go! | 加油,宝贝!冲啊,宝贝! |
[00:20] | I won. | 我赢了。 |
[00:21] | I got in a jam with a bookie. | 我跟一个庄家惹上了麻烦 |
[00:23] | I borrowed money for, like, seven hours. | 我借用了一些钱,就七个小时而已。 |
[00:25] | You took from a client’s trust fund. That’s theft. | 你挪用了一个当事人的信托基金。这是偷窃 |
[00:28] | We’re required to notify the client and the bar. | 我们应该通知当事人和律师协会。 |
[00:31] | If I don’t, this whole firm could get disbarred. | 如果我不这样做,这个事务所会被取消从业资格! |
[00:34] | I can’t even believe they’re letting him out. | 我简直不敢相信他们会放他出去。 |
[00:36] | Remember, he was never actually charged | 要知道,他从未被指控绑架了你们的儿子。 |
[00:38] | in the kidnapping of your son. | 要知道,他从未被指控绑架了你们的儿子。 |
[00:40] | The police know he did it. | 警方知道是他干的。 |
[00:41] | They just couldn’t prove it. | 他们只不过是无法证明。 |
[00:43] | Plus, he’s a convicted child molester. | 而且,他因猥亵儿童而被定罪了。 |
[00:45] | What, exactly, are you hiring me to do? | 你们雇我到底是要做什么? |
[00:48] | We want to bury our son. | 我们希望让我们的儿子入土为安。 |
[00:50] | Only he knows where the body is. | 只有他知道尸体在哪里。 |
[00:52] | Wrongful death for a murder | 发生在十八年前的意外致死案? |
[00:55] | that took place 18 years ago? | 发生在十八年前的意外致死案? |
[00:57] | They want closure. | 他们希望有个了结。 |
[00:58] | If I can create the threat of a lawsuit, | 如果我能制造出要进行起诉的威胁, |
[01:00] | maybe we can get this guy to reveal | 也许我们可以逼他透露出尸体在哪儿。 |
[01:02] | where the remains are. | 也许我们可以逼他透露出尸体在哪儿。 |
[01:03] | I didn’t do it. | 不是我干的。 |
[01:04] | Like you never molested | 就像你从未猥亵过那三个导致你被判刑的小男孩一样? |
[01:05] | those three little boys who put you in here? | 就像你从未猥亵过那三个导致你被判刑的小男孩一样? |
[01:08] | I had nothing to do with that Baldwin kid | 我和Baldwin家的孩子失踪没有关系 |
[01:11] | going missing. | 我和Baldwin家的孩子失踪没有关系 |
[01:12] | Have your attorney call me. | 让你的律师给我打电话, |
[01:14] | You never did see him abduct your son, did you? | 你从没见过他绑架你儿子,是吗? |
[01:16] | I didn’t see it, but– | 我没看见,但是。。。 |
[01:17] | LIGHTSTONE: So it could have been somebody else. | 所以可能是别人。 |
[01:19] | Nobody else was near Chad. | Chad附近没有其他人。 |
[01:20] | Can you account for such a coincidence | 你能解释这种巧合吗? |
[01:23] | a soon-to-be-convicted child molester | 不久后即被定罪的骚扰儿童犯, |
[01:25] | is within 50 feet of a child | 在一个孩子被绑架的那一刻, |
[01:28] | at the exact time he’s kidnapped? | 离那个孩子在50英尺内? |
[01:31] | LIGHTSTONE: Objection. | 反对! |
[01:31] | I’m going to let this case go forward, | 我打算让这个案子继续下去, |
[01:34] | but, Mr. Donnell, if you don’t come up with more, | 但是,Donnell先生,如果你拿不出更进一步的东西, |
[01:35] | I will be dismissing it at a later date. | 我会在其后撤销此案的。 |
[01:38] | Mr. Donnell? | Donnell先生吗? |
[01:39] | Yes. | 是我 |
[01:40] | I think I may be Chad Baldwin. | 我想我也许就是Chad Baldwin。 |
[01:51] | What makes you think you’re Chad Baldwin? | 你怎么会认为你是Chad Baldwin? |
[01:53] | I think my mother can answer that better than I can. | 我想我妈妈来回答会更好些。 |
[01:56] | However, I want your assurance | 不过,我要你保证她不会有任何麻烦。 |
[01:58] | that she’s not going to get in any trouble. | 不过,我要你保证她不会有任何麻烦。 |
[02:00] | Why would she? | 她怎么会有麻烦? |
[02:02] | JAMES: Um, the man who kidnapped Chad Baldwin… | 嗯,绑架Chad Baldwin的那个人 |
[02:06] | the man that you sued… | 你们起诉的那个。。。 |
[02:07] | John Pierce. | |
[02:09] | He’s the man who gave me to my mother. | 就是把我交给我妈妈的那个人。 |
[02:13] | ALLISON: In Brockton, in 1983. | 在Brockton,1983年。 |
[02:15] | It was the same year that the Baldwins’ child disappeared. | Baldwins家孩子被绑架的同一年。 |
[02:19] | He wasn’t using the same name then– | 当时他用的是另一个名字。。。 |
[02:21] | But gave you a child? | 送给你一个孩子? |
[02:23] | Why didn’t you go to the police? | 你为什么没去报警? |
[02:25] | Because he told her I was his son. | 因为他跟她说,我是他的儿子。 |
[02:27] | He asked me to watch James for a few days | 他请我在他离开镇子期间照料James几天。 |
[02:30] | while he went out of town. | 他请我在他离开镇子期间照料James几天。 |
[02:33] | He never came back. | 他再也没回来。 |
[02:35] | FRUTT: Excuse me. | 抱歉打断一下。 |
[02:36] | Chad’s picture was all over the news for weeks. | Chad的照片连续好几周都遍布新闻媒体上。 |
[02:38] | How could you not have known he had been kidnapped? | 你怎么可能不知道他是被绑架的? |
[02:41] | JAMES: She didn’t, and we’re not here for you | 她不知道,而且我们来这儿不是为了 |
[02:43] | to cross-examine her like she’s a criminal. | 让你把她当成一个罪犯来交叉盘问的。 |
[02:45] | ALLISON: I never watch television. | 我从不看电视。 |
[02:47] | I didn’t even own one at the time. | 那时候我甚至连电视都没有。 |
[02:49] | I know that seems hard to believe, but… | 我知道这很难让人相信,但是。。。 |
[02:53] | I wasn’t hiding him. | 我没有藏匿他。 |
[02:56] | You will have to talk to the police. | 你必须要告诉警方。 |
[02:58] | FRUTT: And probably talk | 可能还要跟地区检察官谈谈。 |
[02:59] | to the district attorney as well. | 可能还要跟地区检察官谈谈。 |
[03:00] | I know, | 我明白, |
[03:02] | and I know I should have gone to them | 我也明白我本应在十八年前就去找他们。 |
[03:04] | 18 years ago. | 我也明白我本应在十八年前就去找他们。 |
[03:06] | Whatever I did wrong, | 无论我做错了些什么, |
[03:08] | I am willing to accept the consequences. | 我愿意承担后果。 |
[03:12] | Now that I realize who he is | 现在我意识到他是谁了, |
[03:15] | and what the Baldwins have gone through… | 以及Baldwins夫妇经历的一切。。。 |
[03:19] | And this is why you’re coming forward? | 这就是你为什么要站出来的原因? |
[03:21] | ALLISON: That, and because James has the right | 因为James有权知道亲生父母是谁 |
[03:24] | to know his birth parents. | 因为James有权知道亲生父母是谁 |
[03:29] | Do you even remember John Pierce? | 你还记得John Pierce吗? |
[03:33] | No, no, I don’t even remember | 不,我连自己是Chad Baldwin都记不得了。 |
[03:34] | being Chad Baldwin. | 不,我连自己是Chad Baldwin都记不得了。 |
[03:37] | And you’re really sure you are? | 但你真的确信你是他吗? |
[03:41] | JAMES: A picture of my mother with John Pierce. | 有张我妈妈和John Pierce的合照。 |
[03:45] | She always told me that he was my father, | 她总跟我说那是我的父亲, |
[03:49] | and then I saw the news, | 之后看到新闻, |
[03:52] | and he’s not my father. | 他不是我的父亲。 |
[03:55] | I’m the boy he kidnapped. | 我是那个被他绑架的孩子。 |
[04:50] | RICHARD: Are you sure? | 你肯定吗? |
[04:52] | FRUTT: No, we’re not sure. | 不,我们不敢肯定。 |
[04:54] | That’s why we need you to take a blood test. | 这就是为什么需要你做个亲子鉴定。 |
[04:56] | We’ve already taken his and– | 我们已经提取了他的血样。。。 |
[04:58] | He thought Pierce was his father? | 他以为Pierce是他的父亲? |
[05:00] | Until a few days ago, yes. | 是的,直到几天前都是。 |
[05:02] | And the woman said she got him from Pierce? | 那个女人说是Pierce交给她的吗? |
[05:04] | DONNELL: Yes. Richard, Jenny, | 是的,Richard, Jenny, |
[05:07] | there was a lot of news coverage on this. | 关于这方面有很多新闻报道。 |
[05:10] | occasionally, there are people | 不管有多不幸,偶尔也会有人从中渔利, |
[05:11] | who will try to take advantage of a situation, | 不管有多不幸,偶尔也会有人从中渔利, |
[05:13] | no matter how tragic. | 不管有多不幸,偶尔也会有人从中渔利, |
[05:16] | By pretending to be our son? | 通过假扮成我们的儿子? |
[05:18] | FRUTT: We don’t know. | 这说不好。 |
[05:21] | You have money. | 你们有钱。 |
[05:22] | That’s why we want to take the blood test. | 为此我们要做亲子鉴定。 |
[05:25] | RICHARD: He must think | 他一定相当肯定他就是Chad, |
[05:26] | there’s a good chance he’s Chad, | 他一定相当肯定他就是Chad, |
[05:28] | or he wouldn’t have come. | 否则他就不会找来了。 |
[05:29] | We’re exploring the possibilities. | 我们是在探讨各种可能性。 |
[05:32] | When can I see him? | 我什么时候可以见他? |
[05:33] | DONNELL: Let us check things out first. | 让我们先查一下。 |
[05:35] | If he isn’t Chad, we don’t want your disappointment | 如果他不是Chad,我们不想让你们承受不必要的失望 |
[05:37] | to be any greater than it has to be. | 如果他不是Chad,我们不想让你们承受不必要的失望 |
[05:39] | My wife and I are very good at dealing | 我太太和我很能承受失望。 |
[05:41] | with disappointment. | 我太太和我很能承受失望。 |
[05:43] | We’ve had years of practice. | 我们多年来都在不断失望。 |
[05:45] | We don’t need you to decide | 我们不需要你来决定我们该承受多大的失望。 |
[05:47] | how much we can take. | 我们不需要你来决定我们该承受多大的失望。 |
[05:48] | We’ll do the blood test and go from there. | 我们先做亲子鉴定然后再做下一步。 |
[05:56] | Anybody who knows this woman, | 任何认识这个女人的人, |
[05:57] | knew her, knew somebody who knows her | 了解她,了解认识她的人 |
[05:59] | we need to support her testimony. | 我们需要证实她的证词。 |
[06:00] | Otherwise, it will be her word against Pierce’s. | 另一方面,她的证词会用来反驳Pierce的说法。 |
[06:02] | I’m on it. Lindsay, if you could stay on the lab. | - 我来办吧。 - Lindsay,如果你快诶留在实验室。 |
[06:03] | They’ve only had the blood an hour | 他们刚拿到血样一个小时。 |
[06:05] | They could test it | 他们二十分钟就可以完成测试,准确率99% |
[06:06] | in 20 minutes and be 99% sure. | 他们二十分钟就可以完成测试,准确率99% |
[06:08] | They still in my office? | 他们还在我办公室吗? |
[06:18] | Bobby or Eugene here? | Bobby或是Eugene在吗? |
[06:19] | Bobby’s in a meeting, | Bobby在开会, |
[06:21] | but Eugene’s in his office. | Eugene在他办公室里。 |
[06:27] | BERLUTI: Can I talk to you a second? | 能和你谈一会儿吗? |
[06:39] | I, uh… | 我,呃。。。 |
[06:41] | I’ve joined Gamblers Anonymous. | 我已经参加了戒赌互助会。 |
[06:44] | I go to three meetings a week. | 一个星期去了三次 |
[06:47] | I’m also going to a regular therapist. | 我也打算去找一个定期的心理医生。 |
[06:50] | So I feel confident that I’ll be okay. | 所以,我觉得我肯定会好起来的。 |
[06:55] | Good. | 很好。 |
[06:58] | I’d like to apologize to the firm. | 我想对事务所表示歉意。 |
[07:01] | I was thinking– That can’t happen. | - 我在想。。。 - 不能这样。 |
[07:03] | Rest of the people here don’t even know, Jimmy. | 其他人甚至都不知道此事,Jimmy。 |
[07:05] | Should they know, they become obligated by law | 如果他们知道,他们就会有法律义务举报你。 |
[07:07] | to report you. I guess what I’m saying, | 我想我说的是, |
[07:10] | I’m willing to accept it | 如果任何人要举报我的话,我愿意承担责任。 |
[07:12] | if that’s what anybody chooses to do. | 如果任何人要举报我的话,我愿意承担责任。 |
[07:15] | But nobody will choose to do it. That’s the problem. | 但是没人会这样做,这才是问题所在。 |
[07:18] | They’ll keep your secret and be potentially liable | 他们会替你严守秘密,因此会负有潜在的法律责任。 |
[07:20] | for doing so. | 他们会替你严守秘密,因此会负有潜在的法律责任。 |
[07:21] | If you really want to protect them here, | 如果你真的想保护大家, |
[07:23] | do not tell. | 就别说出来。 |
[07:25] | Okay. | 那好吧。 |
[07:29] | Are we okay? | 我们没事吧? |
[07:32] | You and me? | 你和我? |
[07:39] | Do I forgive you? | 我原谅你了吗? |
[07:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:43] | Am I here to help you any way I can? | 我会尽力帮助你吗? |
[07:45] | Maybe. | 或许是。 |
[07:47] | But are we okay, like everything’s back to normal? | 但说到我们俩的关系回到之前那样吗? |
[07:51] | No. | 不。 |
[07:55] | I don’t trust you as much. | 我不太信任你了。 |
[08:00] | Well… | 好吧。。。 |
[08:03] | that’s a pretty big loss. | 真是一个很大的损失。 |
[08:04] | YOUNG: Yes, it is, | 是的, |
[08:07] | and, Jimmy… | 而且,Jimmy。。。 |
[08:09] | it’s not just yours. | 这不仅是你的损失。 |
[08:14] | That ever occur to you? | 你没有想到这一点吗? |
[08:20] | DONNELL: The thing is, | 问题是, |
[08:21] | The police will want to talk to you. | 警方会想和你谈谈的, |
[08:25] | Why do they even have to find out? | 为什么他们非要追查? |
[08:26] | If you’re really Chad Baldwin, | 如果你真的是Chad Baldwin, |
[08:28] | it will get out. | 这消息会为人所知的。 |
[08:29] | A kidnapped child comes back after 18 years? | 一个被绑架的孩子18年后回来了? |
[08:33] | This will eventually get out. | 这最终总会为人所知的。 |
[08:35] | And you are going to be considered a suspect. | 而你将会被认为是嫌犯。 |
[08:38] | You kept the child. | 你留下孩子。 |
[08:39] | you never contacted the police. | 你也从未和警方接触。 |
[08:40] | You will certainly be considered an accessory. | 你将肯定被认为是一个从犯。 |
[08:43] | I thought he was Pierce’s son. | 我以为他是Pierce的儿子 |
[08:45] | FRUTT: Yes, and assuming that’s true, | 没错,假设这是事实, |
[08:47] | if you try to be sneaky about this now, | 如果现在你对此不开诚布公的话, |
[08:50] | you will lose all credibility with the police | 当他们来找你询问的时候,就会一点也不信任你。 |
[08:52] | when they come to ask you questions, | 当他们来找你询问的时候,就会一点也不信任你。 |
[08:54] | and they will come. | 而他们会来找你的。 |
[08:58] | So what are you suggesting we do? | 那么你建议我们怎么做? |
[08:59] | DONNELL: Assuming you are Chad Baldwin, | 假设你是Chad Baldwin, |
[09:02] | I’d like to go to the district attorney’s office. | 我想应该去地区检察官办公室。 |
[09:05] | I think we can make a deal. | 我认为我们可以达成一个协议。 |
[09:08] | I’m hopeful they’ll give you immunity. | 我对他们给你豁免权满怀希望。 |
[09:11] | And what would I have to give them? | 那我得给他们些什么呢? |
[09:14] | John Pierce. | John Pierce |
[09:15] | You can put him away. | 你可以使他被关起来。 |
[09:19] | Can you promise she’ll be protected? | 你可以承诺她会受到保护吗? |
[09:25] | No. | 不能。 |
[09:28] | Bobby, line 2. | Bobby,电话二号线。 |
[09:30] | It’s the lab. | 是实验室打来的。 |
[09:39] | Bobby Donnell. | 我是Bobby Donnell |
[09:44] | Send me the report. | 把报告发给我。 |
[09:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢你。 |
[09:53] | Well, it seems you’re Chad Baldwin. | 看来你就是Chad Baldwin。 |
[10:03] | The blood test is conclusive. | 亲子鉴定结果是确定无疑的。 |
[10:05] | It’s him. | 是他。 |
[10:08] | He’s your son. | 他是你的儿子。 |
[10:10] | Oh, my god. | 噢,天啊。 |
[10:12] | We found our son. | 我们找到儿子了。 |
[10:24] | When can we see him? | 什么时候可以见他? |
[10:25] | He says he’d like to do it at the office. | 他说他想在办公室相见。 |
[10:28] | I need to sit down. I’m shaking. | 我得坐一下,我在发抖。 |
[10:35] | RICHARD: And this woman is willing to testify | 这个女人愿意指证Pierce? |
[10:37] | against Pierce? | 这个女人愿意指证Pierce? |
[10:39] | We can finally put him behind bars? | 我们最终能把他关进监狱吗? |
[10:41] | DONNELL: I think she’d like to, | 我想她愿意做, |
[10:43] | but she could change her mind | 但她也可能改变主意而使用第五修正案的权力。 |
[10:44] | and take the fifth. | 但她也可能改变主意而使用第五修正案的权力。 |
[10:45] | Why would she do that? | 她为什么会那样呢? |
[10:46] | She came forward. | 她站出来说明了真相。 |
[10:48] | James is afraid | James怕她会受到指控。 |
[10:50] | she might be charged with something. | James怕她会受到指控。 |
[10:52] | James? | James? |
[10:53] | That’s his name. | 是他的名字。 |
[10:58] | Here’s what we want. | 我们现在的要的是。 |
[11:02] | We want our son back, | 我们要回我们的儿子, |
[11:04] | and we want the man | 而且我们想要那个绑架他的家伙受到惩处。 |
[11:05] | who kidnapped him punished. | 而且我们想要那个绑架他的家伙受到惩处。 |
[11:07] | And you’re willing to not punish her? | 你愿意放弃对她的惩罚吗? |
[11:10] | DONNELL: I’d like to go to the D. A. | 我想去找地区检察官。 |
[11:12] | And tell her the two of you | 告诉他们你们俩个受害者都同意 |
[11:13] | the victims are in favor | 告诉他们你们俩个受害者都同意 |
[11:14] | of granting Allison Tucker | 给予Allison Tucker某种形式的豁免。 |
[11:15] | some kind of immunity. | 给予Allison Tucker某种形式的豁免。 |
[11:17] | We could get you and your son reunited | 我们能让你们和儿子重聚 |
[11:20] | and put Mr. Pierce back in prison. | 并将Pierce送回监狱。 |
[11:24] | Let’s do that. | 就这么办吧 |
[11:33] | GAMBLE: 90% of the people who walk into my office | 90%到我办公室来用协助定罪来交换豁免权的人 |
[11:36] | promising me a conviction | 90%到我办公室来用协助定罪来交换豁免权的人 |
[11:37] | in exchange for immunity | 涉案程度远比他们承认的要深。 |
[11:39] | are a lot more involved than they admit. | 涉案程度远比他们承认的要深。 |
[11:41] | And I’ll bet 90% of that 90% | 我打赌这90%人里的90% |
[11:43] | are people who know | 是那些他们知道自己就要被抓的人。 |
[11:44] | they’re about to be picked up. | 是那些他们知道自己就要被抓的人。 |
[11:45] | Allison Tucker would have never been | Allison Tucker从来没有受到任何指控。 |
[11:47] | prosecuted on anything. | Allison Tucker从来没有受到任何指控。 |
[11:48] | You’re asking me to make a blind bid. | 你这是在要我盲目接受提议。 |
[11:51] | The Baldwins support it. | Baldwins夫妇同意了。 |
[11:54] | If the victims of the crime | 如果罪行的受害者希望给予这个女人豁免权 |
[11:55] | want to give this woman immunity | 如果罪行的受害者希望给予这个女人豁免权 |
[11:57] | and help you convict the man | 并协助你们给那个我们都知道他是有罪的家伙定罪。 |
[11:58] | we both know is responsible, | 并协助你们给那个我们都知道他是有罪的家伙定罪。 |
[12:00] | Helen, where’s the downside? | Helen,这有什么不好的? |
[12:02] | Yeah, I need more. | 嗯,你再说详细些。 |
[12:05] | I’ll make a proffer | 我会奉送一个你从未掌握的信息, |
[12:06] | that she can put John Pierce | 她可以把John Pierce和Chad Baldwin 在1983年联系在一起。 |
[12:09] | with Chad Baldwin in 1983. | 她可以把John Pierce和Chad Baldwin 在1983年联系在一起。 |
[12:11] | You’ve never had that. | 她可以把John Pierce和Chad Baldwin 在1983年联系在一起。 |
[12:13] | Add that to the existing circumstantial evidence– | 加上已经掌握的间接证据。。。 |
[12:16] | Put them together how? Is she an eyewitness? | 怎么联系在一起?她是目击证人吗? |
[12:18] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[12:20] | On several occasions. | 在好几个场合。 |
[12:25] | She raised the kid. | 他抚养了这个孩子。 |
[12:27] | If you don’t give her immunity, | 如果你不给她豁免权的话, |
[12:29] | you know what will happen. | 你清楚会怎么样。 |
[12:30] | She’ll take the fifth. | 她会引用第五修正案。 |
[12:32] | Her son will refuse to testify against her, | 她的儿子会拒绝作证指控她。 |
[12:34] | and you will be left with what the blind man saw. | 而你会落得个两眼漆黑的境地。 |
[12:39] | I’ll give her queen for the day. | 我会给她“当日女王” (在美国法律体系中,“当日女王”指的是 旨在与联邦政府和相关人员就刑事调查达成 潜在互惠协议的书面文件) |
[12:41] | If I buy her story, | 如果我相信她的说辞, |
[12:42] | I’ll give her accessory after the fact. | 我会给她定事后从犯的罪名。 |
[12:45] | Nice try. | 想得美。 |
[12:46] | Accessory. | 从犯罪。 |
[12:48] | I’ll agree to no time if I buy her story. | 如果我相信她的话,可以不服刑。 |
[12:50] | If I don’t, no deal. | 否则的话,谈不成交易。 |
[12:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢你。 |
[13:01] | You okay? | 你还好吧? |
[13:04] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[13:05] | It’s just kind of hitting me. | 我就是有点受刺激了。 |
[13:07] | My whole life, I… | 我整个人生,我。。。 |
[13:09] | I thought my father was this Pierce man. | 我以为我父亲是Pierce那个人 |
[13:14] | Do you have any pictures of them… | 你有他们的照片吗。。。 |
[13:16] | the Baldwins? | Baldwins夫妇? |
[13:18] | I don’t think so. | 我想没有。 |
[13:20] | But you’ve met them. | 但你见过他们。 |
[13:21] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[13:23] | They seem really nice, | 他们看起来很不错。 |
[13:24] | and I… | 我。。。 |
[13:28] | they’ve never stopped loving you. | 他们对你的深爱从未停止。 |
[13:32] | What does she look like… | 我妈妈,她长什么样。。。 |
[13:34] | my mother? | 我妈妈,她长什么样。。。 |
[13:35] | ALLISON: I’m your mother. | 我才是你妈妈。 |
[13:38] | I know, mom. | 我知道,妈妈 |
[13:41] | I-I didn’t mean– | 我。。。我不是说。。。 |
[13:42] | No– I was– | – 不用。。。 – 我是。。。 |
[13:43] | I mean, I’m all for you meeting them. | 我是说,我完全同意你去见他们。 |
[13:47] | I know you raised me. | 我知道是你把我养大的。 |
[13:49] | I know who my mother is. | 我知道我真正的妈妈是谁。 |
[13:58] | We need to go. | 我们该走了。 |
[14:05] | ALLISON: I was working in Brockton as a waitress. | 我在Brockton做服务员 |
[14:08] | One day I was washing my clothes | 有一天我在自助洗衣店洗衣服, |
[14:10] | at the Laundromat, | 有一天我在自助洗衣店洗衣服, |
[14:11] | and this man came in with James, | 这个人和James一起进来,James大概四岁。 |
[14:13] | who was about four. | 这个人和James一起进来,James大概四岁。 |
[14:14] | We started talking, | 我们开始聊天, |
[14:15] | and he said that James was his son, | 他说James是他儿子, |
[14:18] | and that the mom had died | 妈妈去世了。 |
[14:20] | and that they were living in a camper. | 他们住在一个露营区。 |
[14:22] | What year was this? | 这是哪一年? |
[14:23] | ALLISON: This was 1983, early summer. | 是1983年,初夏。 |
[14:26] | He said his name was Chris Stephenson, | 他说他叫Chris Stephenson, |
[14:29] | but when we saw John Pierce | 但当我们一周前在电视上看到John Pierce |
[14:31] | on the television a week ago, | 但当我们一周前在电视上看到John Pierce |
[14:34] | well, that was the man | 就是这个人把James交给我的, |
[14:35] | who gave me James, | 就是这个人把James交给我的, |
[14:37] | and we figured things out. | 我们才把事情弄清楚。 |
[14:40] | Do you recall the name of the Laundromat? | 你记得那个自助洗衣店的名字吗? |
[14:42] | ALLISON: No, but I think it was on Crescent, | 记不得,但好像是在Crescent,靠近铁路轨道。 |
[14:44] | near the railroad tracks. | 记不得,但好像是在Crescent,靠近铁路轨道。 |
[14:46] | How did you end up with James permanently? | 你怎么会和James长期在一起了? |
[14:49] | ALLISON: Well, one day this John Pierce | 有一天John Pierce说他得离开几天。 |
[14:51] | said that he had to go away | 有一天John Pierce说他得离开几天。 |
[14:53] | for a few days, | 有一天John Pierce说他得离开几天。 |
[14:54] | and he asked if I could watch James, | 他问我是否可以照料James, |
[14:56] | and I said yes. | 我答应了。 |
[14:58] | How long did this Mr. Pierce say he’d be gone? | Pierce说他要离开多长时间? |
[15:00] | ALLISON: Three, four days. | 三到四天。 |
[15:02] | But then he… | 但之后,他。。。 |
[15:05] | well, he never came back. | 他再也没回来。 |
[15:07] | Well, when did it occur to you | 好吧,你什么时候想到他可能不会再回来了? |
[15:08] | he might not be coming back at all? | 好吧,你什么时候想到他可能不会再回来了? |
[15:11] | ALLISON: I don’t know. | 我说不清。 |
[15:12] | I suppose a few months later. | 我想是几个月之后。 |
[15:16] | I thought about going to the police, | 我想到去找警察, |
[15:19] | but I knew that they would put the boy | 但我知道他们会把孩子送去寄养。 |
[15:21] | in a foster home. | 但我知道他们会把孩子送去寄养。 |
[15:24] | We had bonded, | 我和James已经很有感情了。 |
[15:26] | and I, um… | 我,呃。。。 |
[15:30] | I-I just didn’t want him | 我,我只是不想让他被寄养。 |
[15:32] | to be put in a home. | 我,我只是不想让他被寄养。 |
[15:36] | You remember any of this? | 这些你都记得吗? |
[15:37] | I remember our place in Springfield, | 我记得我们是在Springfield, |
[15:39] | nothing much before that. | 之前的都记不得了。 |
[15:48] | You believe her? | 你相信她妈? |
[15:49] | I don’t know. | 我说不好。 |
[15:52] | It’s hard to swallow that she didn’t have | 很难相信她完全不知道这个孩子是被绑架的 |
[15:53] | some inkling the kid was kidnapped. | 很难相信她完全不知道这个孩子是被绑架的 |
[15:55] | Likelihood is she probably didn’t want to know. | 可能是她不想去知道。 |
[15:58] | Checked her out? | 查过她吗? |
[15:59] | Her employment history | 她的工作经历 |
[16:01] | and the location of the Laundromat pan out. | 以及自助洗衣店的位置 |
[16:03] | No criminal record. | 没有犯罪前科。 |
[16:05] | Owns a little second-hand shop. | 经营一家小二手店。 |
[16:07] | Wonderful mother and neighbor. | 好妈妈,好邻居。 |
[16:09] | Well… | 好吧。。。 |
[16:11] | even if she knew, she still took the kid | 即使她知道,她还是把这个孩子 |
[16:13] | out of the hands of a child molester. | 从一个儿童性骚扰犯手里救出来了。 |
[16:15] | Meaning? | 什么意思? |
[16:16] | She left the situation better than she found it. | 她使这孩子的处境改善了 |
[16:19] | Well, if she knew he was kidnapped, | 就算如此,如果她知道孩子是被绑架的, |
[16:20] | she should have come forward. | 她应该主动提供情况。 |
[16:22] | LOWE: Look, our endgame is to get Pierce. | 你看,我们最终是要抓住Pierce。 |
[16:26] | She can help us do that. | 她可以帮助我们做到这一点。 |
[16:27] | You think I should make the deal? | 你认为我应该达成控辩交易? |
[16:29] | She’ll plead to accessory? | 她将认从犯罪吗? |
[16:32] | No time served. | 不需要服刑的。 |
[16:35] | I think you should make the deal. | 我认为你应该达成这个交易。 |
[16:38] | We’re in. | 我们的情况是。 |
[16:40] | You get your immunity if you testify against Pierce. | 如果你指证Pierce,你就得到豁免权。 |
[16:43] | JAMES: So, she can’t be prosecuted. | 那么,她不会受到指控了。 |
[16:45] | DONNELL: That’s right, but it means going forward | 是的,这意味这最快明天就要举行可能原因听证会 (可能的原因听证是指在提出指控后进行的初步听证, 法院在该听证中审理证词,以确定被告是否更有可能 犯下所指控的罪行) |
[16:47] | as soon as tomorrow at the probable cause hearing, | 是的,这意味这最快明天就要举行可能原因听证会 (可能的原因听证是指在提出指控后进行的初步听证, 法院在该听证中审理证词,以确定被告是否更有可能 犯下所指控的罪行) |
[16:49] | then again, of course, at trial. | 然后当然是进入庭审阶段。 |
[16:51] | Okay. | 好的。 |
[16:53] | DONNELL: But, Allison, | 但是,Allison |
[16:55] | you have to understand… | 你要明白。。。 |
[16:56] | this is going to be an ugly battle. | 这会是一场丑陋的战斗。 |
[17:00] | Pierce’s attorney will try to shred you. | Pierce的律师会尽力毁掉你的。 |
[17:02] | She’ll go from attacking your honesty | 她会攻击你的诚信。 |
[17:03] | to suggesting you’re trying to extort | 使人认为你是为了敲诈Baldwins家的钱。 |
[17:05] | the Baldwins for money. | 使人认为你是为了敲诈Baldwins家的钱。 |
[17:06] | She could even claim that you’re the real kidnapper. | 她甚至会声称你才是真正的绑架者。 |
[17:10] | You’re in for a nasty few months. | 你要为这事熬几个月。 |
[17:16] | Okay. | 没问题。 |
[17:18] | JAMES: So are they going to arrest John Pierce? | 那么他们要逮捕John Pierce吗? |
[17:20] | They’re doing that as we speak. | 他们这会儿就在逮捕他。 |
[17:25] | Bobby, the Baldwins are here. | Bobby,Baldwin夫妇来了。 |
[17:34] | Would you like us to leave? | 你要我们回避一下吗? |
[17:37] | No. | 不用。 |
[17:38] | I mean, um… | 我的意思是。。。 |
[17:41] | I don’t know. I mean, it–it’s okay. | 我不知道,我是说,那没关系。 |
[17:43] | It’s okay. | 没关系的。 |
[17:47] | Show them in. | 请他们进来。 |
[18:20] | Chad? | 是Chad吗? |
[18:22] | Hello. | 您好。 |
[18:53] | Hello, son. | 你好,儿子。 |
[18:56] | Hi, dad. | 嗨,爸爸。 |
[19:17] | I can’t believe this day is here. | 我不敢相信真有今天。 |
[19:23] | Thank you so much | 太谢谢你带他回来。 |
[19:25] | for bringing him back. | 太谢谢你带他回来。 |
[19:45] | Incredibly, it was the publicity | 令人难以置信的是, |
[19:47] | of last week’s civil proceeding | 上周民事诉讼的媒体报道 |
[19:49] | that led James Tucker to conclude | 使James Tucker断定他其实就是失踪的Chad Baldwin |
[19:51] | that he, in fact, | 使James Tucker断定他其实就是失踪的Chad Baldwin |
[19:52] | is the missing Chad Baldwin. | 使James Tucker断定他其实就是失踪的Chad Baldwin |
[19:54] | John Pierce was arrested last night | 不出意料,John Pierce昨晚被逮捕了。 |
[19:56] | without incident. | 不出意料,John Pierce昨晚被逮捕了。 |
[19:57] | His probable cause hearing | 他的可能原因听证会定于九点开始。 |
[19:58] | is scheduled for 9:00. | 他的可能原因听证会定于九点开始。 |
[20:02] | Anything from Rebecca? | Rebecca有什么消息吗? |
[20:03] | She’s still in Brockton. | 她还在Brockton。 |
[20:04] | She should be back by lunch. | 她应该午饭前回来。 |
[20:05] | I hope she finds somebody | 我希望她找到某些人证实这个女人的说法。 |
[20:06] | to support that woman’s story. | 我希望她找到某些人证实这个女人的说法。 |
[20:08] | You don’t think the judge will believe her? | 你认为法官会不相信她? |
[20:11] | Don’t know. | 说不好。 |
[20:22] | So you met this man in the Laundromat | 那么你是和这个人在洗衣房遇见的, |
[20:25] | and he introduced you to a boy he said | 他向你介绍一个男孩是他的儿子James,对吗? |
[20:27] | was his son James. Is that correct? | 他向你介绍一个男孩是他的儿子James,对吗? |
[20:29] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[20:30] | GAMBLE: And this boy is the young man | 而那个男孩就是你现在知道了 是Baldwin夫妇的儿子的这个年轻人。 |
[20:31] | you now know is the son | 而那个男孩就是你现在知道了 是Baldwin夫妇的儿子的这个年轻人。 |
[20:33] | of Richard and Jenny Baldwin, | 而那个男孩就是你现在知道了 是Baldwin夫妇的儿子的这个年轻人。 |
[20:35] | the son that was kidnapped 18 years ago. | 他们的儿子18年前被绑架了。 |
[20:37] | That’s correct. | 是的。 |
[20:38] | And is that man | 那个把你介绍给那个男孩, |
[20:39] | who introduced you to the boy, | 那个把你介绍给那个男孩, |
[20:41] | that man that said James was his son | 说James是他的儿子并请你照料他的人, |
[20:43] | and asked you to look after him, | 说James是他的儿子并请你照料他的人, |
[20:44] | is that man in the courtroom? | 他在庭上吗? |
[20:46] | Yes, he is. | 是的,他在。 |
[20:47] | Would you point him out, please? | 你能指认出他吗? |
[20:48] | The defendant. | 就是被告。 |
[20:50] | She’s lying. Mr. Pierce. | – 她撒谎。 – Pierce先生。 |
[20:52] | I never had a kid with me. | 我从来没有带个什么孩子。 |
[20:54] | Mr. Pierce. | |
[20:57] | GAMBLE: And I show you this picture, Ms. Tucker. | 我给你看一张照片,Tucker女士。 |
[20:59] | Can you identify it? | 你能认出来吗? |
[21:00] | It’s a picture of me and the defendant | 这是我和被告大概在20年前的一张合影。 |
[21:03] | taken about 20 years ago. | 这是我和被告大概在20年前的一张合影。 |
[21:04] | We were at a carnival together. | 我们一起参加了一个狂欢节 |
[21:07] | This was previously marked and identified. | 这是先前标注和辨别的。 |
[21:09] | I offer it now into evidence. | 我现在作为证据提交。 |
[21:11] | I have nothing further | 法官大人,对此证人,我没有要问的了 |
[21:12] | for the witness, Your Honor, | 法官大人,对此证人,我没有要问的了 |
[21:13] | though I remind the court | 不过我要提醒法庭, |
[21:15] | that all the testimony | 来源于上周的民事诉讼的所有证词 |
[21:16] | from last week’s civil proceeding | 来源于上周的民事诉讼的所有证词 |
[21:18] | has been entered as recorded | 已经按备案的证词证据予以采用。 |
[21:19] | testimony evidence. | 已经按备案的证词证据予以采用。 |
[21:27] | Ms. Tucker, | Tucker女士, |
[21:28] | during the 18 years you were raising | 在你把Chad Baldwin当成你自己儿子抚养的18年间, |
[21:30] | Chad Baldwin as your own son, | 在你把Chad Baldwin当成你自己儿子抚养的18年间, |
[21:32] | did you ever talk to the police | 你可曾告诉警方 |
[21:33] | about the father | 这个把他儿子留给你的父亲从未回来? |
[21:35] | who left his son with you | 这个把他儿子留给你的父亲从未回来? |
[21:36] | and never returned? | 这个把他儿子留给你的父亲从未回来? |
[21:37] | No. | 没有 |
[21:38] | LIGHTSTONE: Did you talk to anyone | 那在这18年内,你跟谁谈过此事吗? |
[21:39] | about it in 18 years? | 那在这18年内,你跟谁谈过此事吗? |
[21:41] | No. | 没有。 |
[21:42] | You kept the whole thing a secret. | 此事你全部隐瞒下来了 |
[21:44] | Is that a fair statement? | 这样表述很恰当吧? |
[21:45] | I guess you could say that. | 我想你可以这么表述。 |
[21:47] | LIGHTSTONE: Did you keep it a secret because you knew | 你隐瞒此事是因为你知道这样做是不合法的吗? |
[21:49] | what you were doing was illegal? | 你隐瞒此事是因为你知道这样做是不合法的吗? |
[21:52] | I know that what I did was wrong, | 我知道我这样做是错误的, |
[21:54] | and, yes, it was probably illegal, | 是的,这可能是不合法的, |
[21:57] | but at the time, I really believed | 但在当时,我确实认为我所做的是对James最好的 |
[21:58] | that what I was doing was best for James. | 但在当时,我确实认为我所做的是对James最好的 |
[22:01] | You claim Mr. Pierce asked you | 你声称Pierce先生请你照料Chad几天 |
[22:04] | to watch Chad for a few days | 你声称Pierce先生请你照料Chad几天 |
[22:05] | and never returned. Yes. | – 但再也没回来 – 是的 |
[22:07] | Did you ever tell any of your fellow workers | 你可曾告诉过任何一个你的同事你为什么辞职吗? |
[22:09] | at the Golden Cup why you were quitting? | 你可曾告诉过任何一个你的同事你为什么辞职吗? |
[22:11] | No. | 没有。 |
[22:12] | Did anyone ever see you | 在Pierce先生离开镇子前住在Brockton的几周中, |
[22:14] | and Mr. Pierce and Chad together | 可曾有任何人看见过 |
[22:15] | in the weeks he was living in Brockton | 你和Pierce先生以及Chad在一起吗? |
[22:17] | before he left town? | 你和Pierce先生以及Chad在一起吗? |
[22:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[22:20] | You can’t recall? No. | – 你记不得了? – 是的。 |
[22:22] | So if I said, based on everything | 那么要我说的话,根据你告诉我的一切。 |
[22:23] | you’ve told me, | 那么要我说的话,根据你告诉我的一切。 |
[22:25] | I believed you had kidnapped Chad. | 我认为是你绑架了Chad。 |
[22:27] | You really wouldn’t have any way | 你确实没有办法证明我说的是错的,对吧? |
[22:29] | of disproving that, would you? | 你确实没有办法证明我说的是错的,对吧? |
[22:30] | I don’t know how you prove | 我不知道你该如何证明那些你没有做过的事。 |
[22:33] | that you didn’t do something. | 我不知道你该如何证明那些你没有做过的事。 |
[22:35] | And if I said I believe you concocted | 如果我说我认为你捏造了这整个详尽的故事 |
[22:37] | this whole elaborate story | 如果我说我认为你捏造了这整个详尽的故事 |
[22:39] | in order to frame a convenient dupe | 是为了陷害一个现成的冤大头 |
[22:41] | and free yourself from responsibility | 并使你自己摆脱掉 |
[22:43] | for the illegal acts you admit you committed– | 你已承认犯有的非法行为的应负责任。。。 |
[22:45] | Objection. Sustained. | – 反对 – 反对有效 |
[22:47] | LIGHTSTONE: Ms. Tucker, | Tucker女士, |
[22:49] | are you trying to frame Mr. Pierce | 你是为了自我保护而去陷害 Pierce先生吗? |
[22:51] | in order to protect yourself? | 你是为了自我保护而去陷害 Pierce先生吗? |
[22:53] | If I wanted to protect myself, | 如果我想要保护我自己, |
[22:56] | I would have stayed living | 我本应保持我已经生活了18年的生活方式。 |
[22:57] | the way I’ve been living | 我本应保持我已经生活了18年的生活方式。 |
[22:58] | for the past 18 years. | 我本应保持我已经生活了18年的生活方式。 |
[23:00] | I did this for my son, | 我做这些是为了我的儿子, |
[23:03] | because I wanted him to meet | 因为我想要让他和他的亲生父母团聚, |
[23:04] | his birth parents, | 因为我想要让他和他的亲生父母团聚, |
[23:06] | birth parents | 因为我想要让他和他的亲生父母团聚, |
[23:07] | that I didn’t even know existed | 几周前我甚至都不知道他们还在。 |
[23:10] | until a few weeks ago. | 几周前我甚至都不知道他们还在。 |
[23:12] | I see. | 我懂了。 |
[23:13] | But before you carried out | 但在你做出这个毫不利己专门利人的举动前, |
[23:14] | this little act of altruism, | 但在你做出这个毫不利己专门利人的举动前, |
[23:16] | you made sure you cut a deal | 你确保你和地区检察官达成了一个协议,对吧? |
[23:17] | with the D. A., right? | 你确保你和地区检察官达成了一个协议,对吧? |
[23:20] | In exchange for this testimony, | 做为你的作证的交换, |
[23:21] | you were promised | 你被承诺不需要服刑。 |
[23:22] | you wouldn’t serve any time. | 你被承诺不需要服刑。 |
[23:24] | Is that true, Ms. Tucker? | 这是事实吧,Tucker女士? |
[23:27] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[23:29] | That’s correct. | 是这样的。 |
[23:41] | My sister and I don’t really communicate | Washington女士,我姐姐和我不再经常联系了。 |
[23:43] | much anymore, Ms. Washington. | Washington女士,我姐姐和我不再经常联系了。 |
[23:44] | I’m just looking… | 我只是在找。。。 |
[23:47] | I need witnesses to substantiate | 我需要证人证实她跟我们说的事情。 |
[23:49] | what she’s telling us. | 我需要证人证实她跟我们说的事情。 |
[23:51] | I don’t really know anything. | 我确实是什么都不知道。 |
[23:52] | Did you know she had a child? | 你知道她有个孩子吗? |
[23:54] | Yes. | 知道。 |
[23:55] | WASHINGTON: And did she tell you | 她跟你说过这个男孩是别人给她的吗? |
[23:56] | she had gotten the boy from a man? | 她跟你说过这个男孩是别人给她的吗? |
[23:58] | Yeah, some guy she met at a Laundromat. | 是的,某个在自助洗衣房认识的人。 |
[24:00] | I heard the whole thing. | 这些我都听说过。 |
[24:01] | And did you believe her? | 你相信她吗? |
[24:03] | Why wouldn’t I? | 我为什么不相信她呢? |
[24:06] | Ms. Tucker, I’m Allison’s lawyer. | Tucker女士,我是Allison的律师。 |
[24:09] | I’m on her side. | 我是站在她一边的。 |
[24:11] | I’m just trying to collect information. | 我只是要收集信息。 |
[24:13] | You said it like you doubt her. | 可你说得好像是你怀疑她。 |
[24:15] | Mr. Pierce’s lawyer will doubt her, | Pierce的律师会怀疑她的。 |
[24:18] | and she’ll try to tear her up. | 而且她会尽力去毁掉她。 |
[24:20] | I need to know whatever ammo | 我需要了解到她可能挖掘出什么来做弹药 |
[24:22] | she could possibly dig up. | 我需要了解到她可能挖掘出什么来做弹药 |
[24:33] | Can I talk to you? | 我能跟你谈谈吗? |
[24:34] | I thought we did that. | 我以为我们谈过了。 |
[24:36] | Well, I’d like to talk again, then. | 那好,我想再谈一次,现在吧。 |
[24:39] | Go ahead. | 你说吧。 |
[24:44] | I, uh… | 我,呃。。。 |
[24:46] | I-I can’t get it out of my head | 我。。。我无法忘记你说的有关信任丧失的话。 |
[24:49] | about what you said | 我。。。我无法忘记你说的有关信任丧失的话。 |
[24:51] | about shattering trust, | 我。。。我无法忘记你说的有关信任丧失的话。 |
[24:54] | and, well, | 而且, |
[24:56] | I realized I was betting money. | 我意识到我是在赌钱。 |
[24:58] | I even knew I was betting the client’s money, | 我也知道我是在用客户的钱赌钱。 |
[25:02] | and I suppose I knew | 我想我也知道我是在拿事务所的声誉赌博。 |
[25:04] | I was gambling with the firm’s reputation. | 我想我也知道我是在拿事务所的声誉赌博。 |
[25:07] | What never really hit me | 直到你说我是在拿友情在赌博, |
[25:10] | until you said what you said | 才真正点醒了我。 |
[25:13] | was that I was wagering friendships, | 才真正点醒了我。 |
[25:16] | and, uh… | 而,呃。。。 |
[25:17] | I guess that means… | 我想那意味着。。。 |
[25:19] | I was willing to, | 我是有意而为, |
[25:22] | but on that, | 但是,对此, |
[25:24] | I wasn’t really aware. | 我真的没有意识到。 |
[25:27] | I never would have knowingly done that. | 我绝对不是故意那样做的。 |
[25:31] | You people here… | 你们这些人。。。 |
[25:32] | you’re really the only thing I have | 你们真的是我的唯一 |
[25:34] | that truly means anything to me. | 对我而言真的是意味着一切。 |
[25:43] | I’m not comfortable telling people I love them, | 我不大放得开去跟别人说我喜欢他们, |
[25:46] | and especially other men, | 尤其是对别的男人, |
[25:49] | but, uh… | 但是,呃。。。 |
[25:52] | I do love you, Eugene, | 我真的喜欢你, |
[25:55] | and for me to risk… | 值得我大胆地去表露。。。 |
[26:02] | I’m an addict. | 我是个瘾君子。 |
[26:13] | But if I ever needed the will to lick this, | 但如果我需要意志去战胜它, |
[26:16] | I got it now, | 我现在明白了, |
[26:18] | ’cause my friendship with you… | 是因为我和你的友情。。。 |
[26:22] | well… | 好了。。。 |
[26:25] | I hope you know what I’m saying. | 我希望你明白我在说什么。 |
[26:48] | They offered nothing new. | 他们没有提交什么新的证据。 |
[26:50] | The 18-year-old memory | 一个可信度极为令人怀疑并未经证实的证人 |
[26:51] | of an unsubstantiated witness | 一个可信度极为令人怀疑并未经证实的证人 |
[26:53] | whose credibility is highly suspect. | 对18年前的记忆。 |
[26:56] | The only thing she could establish | 她能证实的只是她和我的当事人曾短暂相识。 |
[26:58] | is that she once briefly knew my client. | 她能证实的只是她和我的当事人曾短暂相识。 |
[27:01] | Even if the court were able | 即使法庭能接受她炮制出来的东西, |
[27:02] | to accept her concoction, | 即使法庭能接受她炮制出来的东西, |
[27:04] | you would certainly have to recognize, Your Honor, | 那法官大人你也必须要承认, |
[27:06] | that this newly discovered evidence | 这些新发现的证据 |
[27:08] | could never satisfy at trial | 绝对不足以完成超越合理怀疑定罪的举证责任。 |
[27:11] | the burden of guilt beyond reasonable doubt. | 绝对不足以完成超越合理怀疑定罪的举证责任。 |
[27:14] | Accordingly, | 因此, |
[27:15] | I ask that my client be released | 我要求释放我的客户并驳回相关指控, |
[27:17] | and the charges be dismissed, | 我要求释放我的客户并驳回相关指控, |
[27:19] | this time with prejudice. | 这次应是不允许再次起诉的驳回。 |
[27:28] | We already had an eyewitness… | 我们已经有了目击证人。。。 |
[27:30] | Mrs. Baldwin placing John Pierce | Baldwin夫人证实了John Pierce案发时间在犯罪现场。 |
[27:32] | at the scene of the crime | Baldwin夫人证实了John Pierce案发时间在犯罪现场。 |
[27:33] | at the exact time of the crime. | Baldwin夫人证实了John Pierce案发时间在犯罪现场。 |
[27:36] | We found three Legos inside | 我们在Pierce的公寓内发现了三个乐高积木。 |
[27:38] | Mr. Pierce’s apartment. | 我们在Pierce的公寓内发现了三个乐高积木。 |
[27:40] | Chad Baldwin was seen playing | 这些是Chad Baldwin被人看见在案发现场玩耍的。 |
[27:41] | with Legos at the scene. | 这些是Chad Baldwin被人看见在案发现场玩耍的。 |
[27:43] | He has convictions for two other child molestation– | 他已因另外两起儿童性骚扰案而被定罪。。。 |
[27:46] | I’m sorry, those will not come into evidence. | 打断一下,这些不能作为证据。 |
[27:48] | GAMBLE: I think they will. They go to pattern. | 我认为可以,这些证实了行为模式。 |
[27:49] | The prejudicial value alone– | 这只具有引起偏见的作用。。。 |
[27:50] | GAMBLE: Civil liberties are less in style | 民权主义者比过去少了一些风度, |
[27:52] | than they used to be, I would appreciate | 如果让我像她刚才那样把话说完,我会不胜感激的 |
[27:53] | getting to finish my statement | 如果让我像她刚才那样把话说完,我会不胜感激的 |
[27:55] | much like she got to finish hers. | 如果让我像她刚才那样把话说完,我会不胜感激的 |
[27:57] | Go ahead. | 继续。 |
[27:58] | GAMBLE: In addition to Mrs. Baldwin | 除了Baldwin夫人证实Pierce |
[28:00] | placing Mr. Pierce within 50 feet of her son | 在她儿子失踪时离他在50英尺之内, |
[28:03] | at the time of the disappearance, | 在她儿子失踪时离他在50英尺之内, |
[28:05] | in addition to an informant | 除了一个检举者作证说 |
[28:07] | who testified that John Pierce | John Pierce承认了绑架行为, |
[28:09] | admitted to the abduction, | John Pierce承认了绑架行为, |
[28:11] | we now have the testimony | 我们现在还有Allison Tucker的证词, |
[28:12] | of Allison Tucker, | 我们现在还有Allison Tucker的证词, |
[28:14] | who says she got Chad Baldwin | 她作证说她从John Pierce那儿得到了Chad Baldwin |
[28:16] | from John Pierce. | 她作证说她从John Pierce那儿得到了Chad Baldwin |
[28:18] | Let’s not forget, Your Honor, | 法官大人,我们不要忘了, |
[28:20] | his prior molestation convictions | 他过往的性骚扰定罪 |
[28:22] | will likely come into evidence | 将很可能做为犯罪模式证据。 |
[28:23] | as pattern evidence. | 将很可能做为犯罪模式证据。 |
[28:25] | All of that will be enough | 所有这些会足以构成合理怀疑。 |
[28:26] | to satisfy reasonable doubt. | 所有这些会足以构成合理怀疑。 |
[28:28] | Your Honor, it’s unquestionable | 法官大人,毫无疑问, |
[28:30] | that this matter satisfies | 这些满足了可能原因听证会的举证义务 |
[28:31] | the burden of a probable cause hearing. | 这些满足了可能原因听证会的举证义务 |
[28:37] | I agree. | 我认可。 |
[28:39] | The defendant is bound over. | 将被告拘押。 |
[28:41] | Trial date for the first week of February, | 庭审定于二月的第一周, |
[28:45] | and, Ms. Lightstone, | 还有,Lightstone女士, |
[28:46] | Ms. Gamble is correct. | Gamble女士是对的。 |
[28:48] | There’s an excellent chance | 陪审团有极好的机会去听取另外那些定罪的骚扰案 |
[28:49] | the jury will hear about these other | 陪审团有极好的机会去听取另外那些定罪的骚扰案 |
[28:51] | molestation convictions. | 陪审团有极好的机会去听取另外那些定罪的骚扰案 |
[28:54] | Take your client in a corner. | 悄悄告诉你的当事人他有麻烦了 |
[28:56] | Tell him he’s got a problem. | 悄悄告诉你的当事人吧,他有麻烦了 |
[28:59] | This court is adjourned. | 休庭。 |
[29:12] | RICHARD: I can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信。 |
[29:13] | We may finally get him. | 我们终于可以抓住他了。 |
[29:14] | Well, I’m going to need you for trial, | 我们需要你们来参加庭审, |
[29:15] | which you heard will be in February. | 你知道了将在二月份进行。 |
[29:17] | JENNY: Okay. WASHINGTON: Bobby? | - 好的 |
[29:18] | Hey, Bec. | 嗨,Bec。 |
[29:19] | WASHINGTON: Have a sec? | 说几句? |
[29:20] | Sure. | 可以。 |
[29:22] | Listen, before we get carried away, | 听着,我们不要忘乎所以, |
[29:25] | I’d like to try to settle this. | 我还是想庭外解决此案。 |
[29:26] | Our leverage is good, and with the chance | 我们有一定优势,但考虑到其他的定罪会被禁止提及 |
[29:29] | of the other convictions being suppressed | 但考虑到其他的定罪会有可能被禁止呈堂。 |
[29:30] | and there is that chance… | 还是有这个可能的。。。 |
[29:32] | I’d like to get what we can get now. | 我想见好就收。 |
[29:34] | How long? | 可以判多久? |
[29:35] | If I could get eight years, I’d be thrilled. | 如果判八年的话,我就觉得很好了。 |
[29:38] | You okay with that? | 这样你们满意吗? |
[29:40] | I guess. | 我想是的。 |
[29:42] | DONNELL: Allison, Allison, | |
[29:43] | can I talk to you for a second? | 能和你说几句吗? |
[29:54] | What’s up? | 什么事? |
[29:56] | This is Rebecca Washington. | 这是Rebecca Washington。 |
[29:57] | She’s an attorney with our firm. | 她是我们事务所的律师。 |
[29:59] | Yeah, I think we’ve met. | 我们见过的。 |
[30:00] | DONNELL: She’s been looking for witnesses | 她一直在寻找可以证实你的证词的证人。 |
[30:01] | who could perhaps bolster your testimony. | 她一直在寻找可以证实你的证词的证人。 |
[30:04] | Today, she spoke with your sister. | 今天,她和你妹妹谈过。 |
[30:08] | And? | 然后呢? |
[30:10] | She says three years before taking in James, | 她说在你接纳James的三年前, |
[30:13] | you miscarried. | 你流过产。 |
[30:15] | Two years before that, | 在那之前两年, |
[30:17] | you miscarried. | 你又一次流产。 |
[30:20] | Six months before taking in James, | 在接纳James的六个月前, |
[30:22] | you tried to adopt. | 你想申请领养。 |
[30:24] | You were rejected. | 但被拒绝了。 |
[30:26] | A month later, | 一个月后, |
[30:27] | you told your sister | 你告诉你的妹妹 |
[30:28] | you thought about just going to a hospital | 你考虑过干脆去医院抱一个孩子回来。 |
[30:31] | and taking a baby. | 你考虑过干脆去医院抱一个孩子回来。 |
[30:36] | She’s lying. | 她撒谎。 |
[30:39] | Why would she make up those lies? | 她为什么要撒这样的谎? |
[30:46] | She’s lying. | 她在撒谎。 |
[30:51] | Did you kidnap James, Allison? | Allison,你绑架了James吗? |
[30:56] | No. | 不是。 |
[30:57] | DONNELL: Did you get lucky? | 你运气有这么好吗? |
[30:58] | John Pierce, a child molester, | John Pierce,一个儿童性骚扰犯, |
[31:00] | just happened to be in the area at the time? | 刚好碰巧在该时该地出现? |
[31:03] | He just happened to be a friend? | 他刚好和你做了朋友? |
[31:05] | Are you the beneficiary | 你是这个不可思议的巧合的受益者吗? |
[31:06] | of an incredible coincidence? | 你是这个不可思议的巧合的受益者吗? |
[31:09] | No. | 不是。 |
[31:10] | You also told your sister | 你还跟你妹妹说过 |
[31:12] | Mr. Pierce had a juvenile arrest | Pierce有一次因性骚扰的少年犯罪。 |
[31:13] | for molestation. | Pierce有一次因性骚扰的少年犯罪。 |
[31:16] | Juvenile records are sealed, | 少年犯罪记录是封存的, |
[31:18] | so how would you know that? | 你怎么知道这些的? |
[31:20] | We didn’t know that. | 我们都不知道那些。 |
[31:22] | Pierce told me. So what? | Pierce告诉我的,那又怎么样? |
[31:23] | DONNELL: So what? | 那又怎么样? |
[31:25] | It means you had reason to know | 那意味着你有理由知道他会是一个完美的疑犯。 |
[31:27] | he’d make a perfect suspect. | 那意味着你有理由知道他会是一个完美的疑犯。 |
[31:31] | Did you try to frame him, Allison? | Allison,是你设计陷害他的吗? |
[31:33] | Snatched a kid where he worked, | 在他工作的地方偷走一个孩子, |
[31:35] | planted the Legos in his apartment? | 把乐高积木栽赃在他的公寓里? |
[31:37] | You had access. | 你是可以进去的。 |
[31:40] | Is that what happened, Allison? | Allison,是这样吗? |
[31:46] | If I was involved, Mr. Donnell, | Donnell先生,如果我参与了的话, |
[31:50] | why would I ever come forward now? | 我为什么现在要说出来? |
[31:56] | I don’t think you really did. | 我不认为是你真要这么做。 |
[31:59] | James did… | James发现了。。。 |
[32:02] | and you couldn’t stop him. | 而你无法阻止他。 |
[32:07] | You’re mistaken. | 你错了。 |
[32:19] | The question is, what do we do now? | 问题是,我们现在该怎么办? |
[32:22] | Well, if Bec found this out, | 如果Bec查到了这些, |
[32:24] | I got to believe the police will, too. | 我相信警方也会查到的。 |
[32:25] | No. The sister’s not talking to the police. | 不会的,她妹妹不会跟警方说的。 |
[32:28] | She spoke to me because I’m Allison’s lawyer. | 她跟我说是因为我是Allison的律师。 |
[32:31] | Which raises another issue, | 这引出了另一个问题, |
[32:33] | we’re Allison’s lawyers. | 我们是Allison的律师。 |
[32:35] | The conflict of interest we spoke of before | 我们之前谈过的利益冲突不幸言中了。 |
[32:37] | has reared its ugly head. | 我们之前谈过的利益冲突不幸言中了。 |
[32:39] | Do we tell the Baldwins? | 我们要告诉Baldwins夫妇吗? |
[32:40] | How do we not? | 我们怎么能不告诉呢? |
[32:41] | YOUNG: I agree. | 我同意。 |
[32:42] | We have to tell the Baldwins and Allison. | 我们必须要告诉Baldwin夫妇和Allison。 |
[32:44] | DOLE: Wait a second, Allison could still have | 等一下,Allison还是会因此被发现 |
[32:46] | criminal exposure on this | 犯了妨碍司法公正或作伪证 |
[32:47] | for obstruction of justice or perjury. | 犯了妨碍司法公正或作伪证 |
[32:49] | It doesn’t matter. | 这没关系。 |
[32:50] | She didn’t reveal the information. | 不是她透露的信息。 |
[32:52] | Her sister did. | 是她姐姐透露出的。 |
[32:53] | It’s not privileged. | 这不在保密特权范围内。 |
[32:54] | But Eugene, there’s– | 但是,Eugene,这。。。 |
[32:55] | I am telling the Baldwins. | 我要告诉Baldwin夫妇。 |
[32:58] | What’s happening with Pierce? | Pierce现在怎么样了? |
[33:03] | No. John. | - 不行 |
[33:05] | I didn’t do it, and I won’t say I did. | 我没干,我也不会认。 |
[33:07] | I’d finish listening before declaring your position, | 我不想听什么了,我来说说你的处境吧。 |
[33:09] | Mr. Pierce. | Pierce先生。 |
[33:10] | Helen. This is a one-time-only offer. | - 就给你一次机会。 |
[33:13] | You know the evidence we have. | 你知道我们有什么证据。 |
[33:15] | The judge indicated he’s going to admit | 法官表示他会允许性骚扰定罪呈堂。 |
[33:16] | the molestation convictions. | 法官表示他会允许性骚扰定罪呈堂。 |
[33:18] | I didn’t do it. | 我没干。 |
[33:19] | I admit I knew the woman, | 我承认我认识那个女人。 |
[33:21] | but I never took the kid. | 但我从来也没有偷过那孩子。 |
[33:23] | She must have, and she’s trying to frame me. | 一定是她干的,她是在诬陷我。 |
[33:26] | She’s trying to frame you 18 years later. | 她18年后诬陷你 |
[33:28] | What is this, careful planning? | 这算什么,周密计划? |
[33:29] | I don’t know what’s going on. | 我不知道怎么回事。 |
[33:32] | I was friends with her, | 我是她的朋友, |
[33:33] | but I never grabbed that kid. | 但我从没绑架那个孩子。 |
[33:36] | You’ve got till noon tomorrow. | 给你的提议到明天中午为止。 |
[33:38] | I’m offering you reckless endangerment | 我给你提的是因绑架引发的鲁莽危害他人罪。 |
[33:40] | for a kidnapping. | 我给你提的是因绑架引发的鲁莽危害他人罪。 |
[33:41] | That is a gift, | 这是份大礼, |
[33:42] | which I am willing to give you | 我愿意送给你这份大礼是因为 |
[33:44] | to spare putting those families | 是免得让这些家庭熬完庭审。 |
[33:45] | through a trial. | 是免得让这些家庭熬完庭审。 |
[33:46] | And I hope you turn it down, | 我倒是盼着你拒绝提议, |
[33:48] | ’cause I love to go after guys | 因为我热衷于修理那些骚扰孩子们的人。 |
[33:50] | who go after kids. | 因为我热衷于修理那些骚扰孩子们的人。 |
[33:56] | She did it? | 是她干的? |
[33:57] | We can’t prove it, | 我们无法证明, |
[33:59] | but we think so. | 但我们认为是的。 |
[34:03] | Does James know? | James知道吗? |
[34:04] | FRUTT: We don’t think so. | 我们认为他不知道。 |
[34:06] | He seems to believe | 他似乎相信她妈妈的说法。 |
[34:07] | his mother’s version of the events. | 他似乎相信她妈妈的说法。 |
[34:12] | So where does this leave us? | 那么我们现在该怎么办? |
[34:13] | Well… DONNELL: Ethically, | - 这个。。。 - 从道德角度, |
[34:15] | we think we should inform the district attorney. | 我们认为应该通知地区检察官。 |
[34:18] | We’re a little trapped because Allison | 因为Allison也是我们的当事人, |
[34:20] | is also our client. | 我们有点难办。 |
[34:22] | Before we do anything, | 在我们采取行动前, |
[34:23] | we thought we’d get your reaction to it all. | 我们认为应该要了解你们对这一切的想法。 |
[34:27] | Why would she come forward and expose herself | 如果她是绑架者, |
[34:30] | if she were the kidnapper? | 为什么她主动站出来自我暴露呢? |
[34:32] | DONNELL: We believe James insisted on coming forward, | 我们认为是James坚持要主动站出来, |
[34:34] | and she couldn’t talk him out of it. | 而她无法说服他放弃。 |
[34:37] | As we said, we can’t prove any of it, | 就像我们说的那样,我们无法证明这些。 |
[34:40] | but this is where we are. | 但,这就是我们目前的情况。 |
[34:44] | I would like you to not | 我不希望你们去告诉地区检察官。 |
[34:45] | tell the district attorney. | 我不希望你们去告诉地区检察官。 |
[34:49] | Okay. | 那好吧。 |
[34:51] | Why? | 为什么呢? |
[34:52] | Because if you do, | 因为如果这样做了, |
[34:55] | it’s going to turn Chad against you, | 会使Chad转而和你们对抗, |
[34:57] | and ultimately us. | 最终也会和我们对抗。 |
[35:00] | Like it or not, | 不管喜欢与否, |
[35:03] | she controls our relationship | 她毕竟掌控着我们和儿子之间的关系。 |
[35:04] | with our son. | 她毕竟掌控着我们和儿子之间的关系。 |
[35:07] | A man stands to be convicted | 可一个人将要被冤枉定罪。 |
[35:09] | for a crime he didn’t commit. | 可一个人将要被冤枉定罪。 |
[35:10] | Well, maybe the police will find this new information | 或许警方自己会查出这些新情况。 |
[35:13] | out on their own. | 或许警方自己会查出这些新情况。 |
[35:14] | that doesn’t seem likely, | 那看起来不大可能, |
[35:15] | and besides, | 另外, |
[35:17] | Pierce could enter a plea. | Pierce可能会接受控辩交易。 |
[35:20] | Ellenor, Bobby… | |
[35:22] | my husband’s right. | 我丈夫是对的。 |
[35:24] | We need to have a relationship | 我们需要和这跟女人保持良好关系。 |
[35:25] | with this woman. | 我们需要和这跟女人保持良好关系。 |
[35:27] | It’s possible, | 有种可能, |
[35:28] | if James were to know that Allison was the kidnapper, | 如果James知道了Allison就是绑架者, |
[35:31] | he might sever his relationship with her, | 他可能会与她断绝关系, |
[35:33] | making it easier for you. | 让你们更好处理一些。 |
[35:35] | RICHARD: That might be so, | 如果你能证实她是绑架者的话,也许会那样, |
[35:36] | if you could prove it, | 如果你能证实她是绑架者的话,也许会那样, |
[35:38] | but you can’t. | 但你不能。 |
[35:43] | You asked for our thoughts, Bobby. | 你征求我们的意见,Bobby |
[35:45] | As your clients, we’re directing you | 做为你的当事人,我现在指示你 |
[35:47] | not to tell the district attorney | 不要去告诉地区检察官这些新情况。 |
[35:49] | about this new information. | 不要去告诉地区检察官这些新情况。 |
[35:56] | He maintains his innocence. | 他坚称他是无辜的。 |
[35:58] | Come on, Henrietta. | 算了吧,Henrietta。 |
[36:00] | He does. Helen, what can I tell you? | 他就这样,Helen,我该怎么跟你解释呀? |
[36:02] | It’s not about what you tell me. | 不在于你要跟我解释什么 |
[36:03] | It’s about what you say to him. | 而是你要跟他解释什么。 |
[36:04] | You got to advise him of his legal chances here. | 你得去就他面临的法律风险给他忠告。 |
[36:07] | If this goes to trial, he’s dead. | 如果上庭,他就完蛋了。 |
[36:09] | I can’t make him take a deal. | 我没法让他接受协议。 |
[36:10] | Make him see reality. | 让他认清现实。 |
[36:14] | Give me something to go back with. | 做点让步吧。 |
[36:16] | I gave you eight years for a kidnapping. | 我给的条件是绑架罪只服八年刑期。 |
[36:18] | What do you want me, to gift-wrap it? | 你还要我怎么样,送个大礼盒吗? |
[36:20] | Make it six. I’ll get him there. | 减到六年,我会说服他的。 |
[36:22] | I’ll give him 15 in juvie. He’ll love it. | 我给他送到少年管教所关15年得了,他会乐死了。 |
[36:26] | Six. | 六年。 |
[36:28] | I’ll sell it. | 我让他接受。 |
[36:29] | Seven. Sell seven. | 七年,让他接受。 |
[36:34] | Lucy, notify the Baldwins and the Tuckers | Lucy,通知Baldwin夫妇和Tuckers女士 |
[36:36] | we’re going back in before judge Kenney at 11:00 | 如果他们想去的话,我们要在11点去见Kenney法官。 |
[36:38] | if they want to be there. | 如果他们想去的话,我们要在11点去见Kenney法官。 |
[36:39] | Do they have to? No, it’s their choice. | - 他们必须去吗? - 不,由他们选择去不去 |
[36:41] | I’m going. Ellenor? | 我走了,Ellenor你呢? |
[36:43] | I’m with you. | 我和你一起去。 |
[36:49] | So this guy’s going back to prison. | 这么说这家伙要回去坐牢了。 |
[36:52] | Seems so. | 看来是的。 |
[37:05] | Jimmy. | |
[37:07] | Lunch plans. | 午餐约人了吗。 |
[37:09] | Me? | 问我吗? |
[37:10] | No, I’m wide open. | 没有,我没安排 |
[37:13] | Want to grab a sandwich, 12:30 or so? | 想去吃三明治吗?十二点半左右? |
[37:16] | Great. | 没问题。 |
[37:31] | Bobby. You’re here. | - 你们来了 |
[37:33] | We were close when Lucy called. | Lucy打电话时我们就在附近。 |
[37:35] | The case is over? | 案子结了? |
[37:36] | They supposedly have reached a deal. | 他们据说是达成交易了。 |
[37:39] | There’s a joint recommendation scheduled | 安排了由Kenney法官主持的一次联合提议审理。 |
[37:41] | before Judge Kenney. | 安排了由Kenney法官主持的一次联合提议审理。 |
[37:43] | Listen, I know we’ve already discussed this, | 听我说,我知道我们已经讨论过这事了, |
[37:45] | but I’m going to say it again. | 但我还是要再说一次。 |
[37:48] | If Pierce is doing jail time, | 如果Pierce去服刑 |
[37:50] | he’s serving it quite possibly | 他极有可能就是无辜受过。 |
[37:51] | for a crime he didn’t commit. | 他极有可能就是无辜受过。 |
[37:55] | Will you really be able to live with that? | 你们真的能对此心安理得吗? |
[38:00] | John Pierce is a two-time child molester, | John Pierce两度犯下性侵儿童罪, |
[38:02] | whether or not he actually kidnapped Chad. | 不管他是否真的绑架了Chad, |
[38:04] | He served his time for those offenses. | 他已经因这些罪行而服过刑了。 |
[38:07] | JENNY: I’m not going to lose sleep for him. | 我不会为他感到不安的。 |
[38:09] | This is my time to make up | 这正是弥补我和我儿子失散的十八年时间。 |
[38:11] | for 18 lost years with my son. | 这正是弥补我和我儿子失散的十八年时间。 |
[38:21] | Is it really over? | 真的结束了吗? |
[38:23] | We don’t know. | 我们尚不清楚。 |
[38:24] | We’re told there’s a plea. | 我们听说达成了一个交易。 |
[38:27] | Allison, could I see you in private | Allison,我可以和你在证人室单独谈谈吗? |
[38:30] | in the witness room? | Allison,我可以和你在证人室单独谈谈吗? |
[38:30] | I’ll go with you. | 我要陪着你。 |
[38:32] | No, this is private, Bobby. | 不用,Bobby,这是私人的谈话。 |
[38:34] | I’m going with you. | 我要陪着你们。 |
[38:48] | Did you kidnap my son, Allison? | 是你绑架了我儿子吗,Allison? |
[38:53] | I asked you a question, | 我在问你呢, |
[38:54] | and I would appreciate an answer. | 希望你能回答。 |
[38:57] | Did you kidnap my son? | 是你绑架了我儿子吗? |
[39:01] | I raised James. | 我养大了James。 |
[39:04] | I’m his mother. | 我才是他的妈妈。 |
[39:07] | Well, then, as his mother, | 那好,作为他的妈妈, |
[39:10] | you’ll understand my rage | 你会理解我那种只有母亲才会有的愤怒。 |
[39:13] | like only a mother can. | 你会理解我那种只有母亲才会有的愤怒。 |
[39:19] | I will get along with you | 我会和你好好相处的 |
[39:21] | because I have to. | 因为我不得不这么做。 |
[39:24] | I will welcome you into my home. | 我会欢迎你到我家里来。 |
[39:26] | I will sit across a dinner table from you. | 我会和你坐在餐桌对面。 |
[39:30] | I will welcome you into my life | 我会欢迎你进入到我的生活中 |
[39:33] | to keep James in my life. | 以便使James留在我身边。 |
[39:37] | But with every embrace, | 但请你明白,每一次的拥抱, |
[39:39] | please know… | 但请你明白,每一次的拥抱, |
[39:42] | I will never, | 我永远不会原谅你。 |
[39:43] | ever forgive you. | 我永远不会原谅你。 |
[39:50] | And you’ll understand that, won’t you? | 而你会明白的,不是吗? |
[39:53] | Because a mother can understand. | 因为一个母亲是能明白的。 |
[40:04] | Court’s in session. | 要开庭了。 |
[40:09] | DONNELL: Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[40:17] | KENNEY: You understand, Mr. Pierce, | Pierce,你是否明白你是对你危害儿童的指控认罪。 |
[40:18] | that you are pleading guilty | Pierce,你是否明白你是对你危害儿童的指控认罪。 |
[40:20] | to the charge of child endangerment? | Pierce,你是否明白你是对你危害儿童的指控认罪。 |
[40:23] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人 |
[40:25] | And you understand | 此外你是否明白 |
[40:26] | that by pleading guilty, | 一旦认罪, |
[40:28] | you waive your rights to an appeal | 你就放弃了你上诉的权力 |
[40:30] | and will be sentenced to state prison | 并会在州监狱服刑至少七年? |
[40:32] | for a term of not less than seven years? | 并会在州监狱服刑至少七年? |
[40:36] | Mr. Pierce, I asked you a question. | Pierce先生,我在问你呢。 |
[40:44] | Yes, Your Honor, I understand it all. | 是的,法官大人,我全明白。 |
[40:47] | Ms. Lightstone, | Lightstone女士, |
[40:49] | you support and recommend this plea? | 你支持并建议他接受这个交易吗? |
[40:52] | I do, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人 |
[40:53] | KENNEY: All right, then, | 那好吧, |
[40:54] | the plea is entered and accepted. | 此控辩交易被记录在案并生效。 |
[40:57] | Mr. Pierce, you are hereby found guilty | Pierce先生,你特此被判危害儿童罪成立。 |
[41:00] | of the charge of child endangerment. | Pierce先生,你特此被判危害儿童罪成立。 |
[41:04] | Security, take Mr. Pierce into custody. | 警卫,将Pierce先生收押, |
[41:08] | This court is adjourned. | 休庭 |