| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | We’ve all seen the famous videotape. | 我们都看过了那盘出了名的录像带。 | 
| [00:06] | It does look like you. | 看起来确实是你。 | 
| [00:07] | That’s the bad news. | 这是坏的一面。 | 
| [00:10] | The good news is it’s only from the side and the back. | 好的一面是只是侧面和背面的角度。 | 
| [00:13] | The face isn’t visible. | 看不到脸。 | 
| [00:15] | Why is that good news, Jimmy? | Jimmy,为什么这是好事呢? | 
| [00:17] | If the face were visible, the jury would see it wasn’t me. | 如果能看到脸,陪审团就会发现那不是我。 | 
| [00:21] | Right. | 也对。 | 
| [00:24] | Are you ready? | 你做好准备了吗? | 
| [00:26] | I guess. | 我想是的 | 
| [00:29] | Is a person ever ready to stand trial for murder? | 有谁会去准备好接受谋杀审判吗? | 
| [00:36] | We’re going to get through this. | 我们会挺过去的。 | 
| [00:39] | I know. I’m okay. | 我明白,我没事。 | 
| [00:43] | You’re sure? | 真的吗? | 
| [00:45] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [00:46] | Now, go home. | 现在回家去。 | 
| [00:48] | Get a good night’s sleep if you can. | 尽可能睡个好觉。 | 
| [00:51] | Tomorrow it starts. | 明天就开始了 | 
| [00:56] | (sighs) Thank you, Bobby. | 谢谢你,Bobby | 
| [01:07] | Okay, see you tomorrow. | 那好吧,明天见。 | 
| [01:09] | Bobby… | |
| [01:10] | you don’t think we should be looking to cut a deal here? | 你不觉得我们应该争取达成控辩交易吗? | 
| [01:16] | There’s no deal to be had. | 没有什么可谈的。 | 
| [01:18] | We’d get manslaughter at best, | 我们最多是被判为过失杀人, | 
| [01:20] | which is out of the question. | 交易是不值得去谈论的。 | 
| [01:21] | Why is it out of the question? | 为什么不值得讨论呢? | 
| [01:23] | They got motive. Forensics put her at the scene. | 他们掌握了犯罪动机,法医鉴定可以证实她在现场。 | 
| [01:26] | That videotape gives them timing. | 那录像又提供了时间线。 | 
| [01:28] | The case got tougher, I agree. | 这案子变得更困难了,这点我同意。 | 
| [01:31] | But how can we accept a homicide conviction on this, | 但是我们怎么可以接受谋杀罪名呢? | 
| [01:34] | even if it’s manslaughter? | 就算是非蓄意的也不能接受。 | 
| [01:35] | Bobby…you don’t think she did it? | Bobby。。。你认为不是她干的? | 
| [01:39] | I know she didn’t do it. | 我知道不是她干的。 | 
| [01:44] | She’s innocent. | 她是无辜的。 | 
| [01:47] | Okay. | 那好吧。 | 
| [02:42] | There’s evidently some press out front, | 显然是有一些新闻媒体在前门 | 
| [02:44] | but they’ve agreed to let you come in through the back. | 但他们已经同意你可以从后门进去。 | 
| [02:46] | I think it’s best we do that. | 我认为这样做最好。 | 
| [02:47] | Okay. | 好吧。 | 
| [02:48] | Hey. Confident. | 嘿,要有自信。 | 
| [02:52] | Remember? | 记住了? | 
| [02:53] | Oh, here we go. Great timing. | 噢,又来了,都赶一块儿了。 | 
| [02:56] | What’s wrong? Rape crisis. | – 啥事? – 性侵危机处理中心的事 | 
| [02:59] | Eugene, you’re in charge. | Eugene,你来值班。 | 
| [03:07] | Lucy Hatcher, Rape Crisis. | Lucy Hatcher,性侵危机处理中心的 | 
| [03:09] | Through that door. | 从那个门进去。 | 
| [03:33] | Ms. Walters… | Walters女士。。。 | 
| [03:36] | I’m Lucy Hatcher from Rape Crisis. | 我是性侵危机处理中心的Lucy Hatcher。 | 
| [03:39] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你能来。 | 
| [03:42] | I’ll, um… | 我会,呃。。。 | 
| [03:44] | I’ll just explain to you some of the procedures. | 我会向你解释一些流程问题。 | 
| [03:51] | The key thing here is trajectory. | 这里的关键是弹道。 | 
| [03:53] | You can see it go slightly downward. | 你们能看到这是略微向下的。 | 
| [03:56] | Typically, in a suicide, | 通常,在自杀的情况中, | 
| [03:58] | when somebody puts a gun to his head, | 当一个人拿枪对着头, | 
| [04:01] | the line would be upwards. | 弹道会向上。 | 
| [04:03] | Specifically, doctor, what did the trajectory here indicate? | 具体来说,医生,这里的弹道轨迹说明了什么? | 
| [04:07] | That somebody was standing over him and shot him point-blank | 说明有人站在他身边,从稍后方对他直接瞄准射击。 | 
| [04:10] | from slightly behind, | 说明有人站在他身边,从稍后方对他直接瞄准射击。 | 
| [04:12] | which would also account for why he fell forward. | 这也解释了他为什么会向前跌倒 | 
| [04:15] | Typically contact wounds to the head | 一般来说,头部接触性创伤基本都是自杀。 | 
| [04:17] | are more times than not suicides. | 一般来说,头部接触性创伤基本都是自杀。 | 
| [04:19] | That is correct, but– Thank you, doctor. | – 没错,但是。。。 – 谢谢你,医生。 | 
| [04:21] | And doctor, can you state to a medical certainty | 还有,你能从医学角度确认这不是自杀吗? | 
| [04:24] | this was not a suicide? | 还有,你能从医学角度确认这不是自杀吗? | 
| [04:27] | We can’t rule it out to a medical certainty. | 我们不能从医学角度上排除这一点。 | 
| [04:29] | Thank you, doctor. | 谢谢你,医生。 | 
| [04:31] | As I read the coroner’s incidental report, | 当我翻阅附带的验尸官报告时, | 
| [04:32] | I see listed under cause of death– | 我看到在死亡原因一项。。。 | 
| [04:35] | “probable suicide.” | 是“疑似自杀” | 
| [04:37] | Yes, but we later concluded otherwise. | 是的,但是我们后来得出了相反的结论。 | 
| [04:39] | Yes, and was that subsequent conclusion | 好,这个后来得出的结论,是基于严格的法医检查, | 
| [04:41] | based strictly on autopsy findings, | 好,这个后来得出的结论,是基于严格的法医检查, | 
| [04:44] | or did you take into consideration | 或是你们参考了警方 提供给你们的其他间接或实物证据? | 
| [04:46] | other circumstantial or physical evidence | 或是你们参考了警方 提供给你们的其他间接或实物证据? | 
| [04:48] | supplied to you by the police? | 或是你们参考了警方 提供给你们的其他间接或实物证据? | 
| [04:50] | We considered other evidence as well. | 我们也参考了其他证据。 | 
| [04:53] | Thank you, doctor. | 谢谢你,医生。 | 
| [05:00] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白。 | 
| [05:02] | You plan to put Mr. Potter’s reputation on trial? | 你们打算把Potter先生的声誉拿到法庭审判吗? | 
| [05:05] | No, we don’t. We just… | 不,我们不会的,我们只是。。。 | 
| [05:09] | If he had an affair with Ms. Dafoe, | 如果他和Dafoe女士有染, | 
| [05:11] | did he have any other affairs to your knowledge? | 据你所知,他还和别的人有染吗? | 
| [05:14] | Not to my knowledge, | 据我所知没有, | 
| [05:16] | but it’s not as if he would tell me. | 况且他似乎也不会跟我说。 | 
| [05:18] | No, but as his secretary, you would know the calls he got | 没有吗,但作为他的秘书,你会知道他接过的电话 | 
| [05:21] | and see who walked in his office. | 并且看到过谁进过他办公室。 | 
| [05:23] | Well, the only person was Ms. Dafoe. | 这个嘛,只有Dafoe女士。 | 
| [05:30] | Hey. | 嘿, | 
| [05:31] | Hey, Helen. | 嘿,Helen | 
| [05:33] | Sybil, this is Helen Gamble. She’s a district attorney. | Sybil,这是Helen Gamble,她是一个地区检察官。 | 
| [05:36] | How you doing? | 你好。 | 
| [05:38] | Well, all things considered, Philadelphia seems nice. | 呃,总的来说,费城似乎好些。 | 
| [05:42] | Yeah. | 是啊。 | 
| [05:43] | Well, I do have some good news. | 我有个好消息。 | 
| [05:46] | We caught the man. | 我们抓住了那个人。 | 
| [05:48] | You did? | 你们抓到了? | 
| [05:49] | He posed as a delivery boy. | 他冒充一个送货员。 | 
| [05:53] | Listen… | 听我说。。。 | 
| [05:55] | do you think you could possibly look at a police lineup? | 你觉得你可以去警察局从队列里进行指认吗? | 
| [05:59] | Be in a room with him? | 和他在一间屋子里? | 
| [06:01] | No, a separate room, and he wouldn’t see you. | 不,一个隔开的房间里,而且他看不到你。 | 
| [06:04] | I could be right with you at all times. | 我可以始终陪着你。 | 
| [06:06] | Oh, God, I don’t know. | 噢,天啊,我拿不准。 | 
| [06:09] | It would only take a minute. | 只需要花几分钟。 | 
| [06:31] | It was two nights before the accident that I discovered them. | 我是在那次事故发生前的两天晚上发现他们的事的。 | 
| [06:34] | Your husband and the defendant? | 你是指你的丈夫和被告? | 
| [06:35] | Yes. I was leaving for the weekend to visit my sister. | 对,我周末去看我的妹妹。 | 
| [06:39] | My flight was canceled. | 我的航班取消了。 | 
| [06:41] | I came back home. | 我就回家了。 | 
| [06:43] | She was there. | 她就在那儿。 | 
| [06:45] | And what happened then, Mrs. Potter? | Potter夫人,然后发生了什么? | 
| [06:47] | Well, Bernard and I had a rather massive argument. | 我和Bernard发生了相当严重的争吵。 | 
| [06:51] | We, um… | 我们,呃。。。 | 
| [06:54] | Two days later we were still fighting. | 两天后我们还是处于争斗中。 | 
| [06:57] | And it was during an argument while driving | 在开车的时候发生了争吵。 | 
| [06:59] | that the accident happened. | 造成了事故。 | 
| [07:02] | As a result of this automobile accident, | 由于这次事故,使得你双腿残废了? | 
| [07:05] | you lost the use of your legs? | 由于这次事故,使得你双腿残废了? | 
| [07:08] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [07:09] | How did your husband react to your injury? | 你丈夫对你的伤害有何反应? | 
| [07:13] | He, uh, felt extremely guilty. | 他,感到极其内疚。 | 
| [07:17] | Shortly after, he… | 不久之后,他。。。 | 
| [07:19] | terminated his relationship with Ms. Dafoe. | 和Dafoe女士断绝了关系。 | 
| [07:22] | Did you ever talk to her? | 你和她交谈过吗? | 
| [07:25] | On a couple of occasions. | 有几次。 | 
| [07:27] | Could you describe her demeanor? | 你能描述一下她的举止吗? | 
| [07:29] | She just… seemed urgent to the point of being frantic. | 她就是。。。似乎急到了发狂的地步。 | 
| [07:34] | So from your observations, she didn’t take the breakup very well? | 所以以你来看,她对分手的很不满意是吗? | 
| [07:38] | No. | 对 | 
| [07:39] | Now, Mrs. Potter, | Potter夫人, | 
| [07:41] | the defense has speculated | 辩方推测你的丈夫可能是自杀。 | 
| [07:43] | that your husband possibly took his own life. | 辩方推测你的丈夫可能是自杀。 | 
| [07:46] | I can’t believe he would commit suicide. | 我不相信他会自杀。 | 
| [07:49] | On the day of his death, | 在他去世的当天, | 
| [07:52] | did he seem despondent or– | 他看起来很苦闷或者。。。 | 
| [07:54] | I will not sit here and proclaim | 我在这儿不会说他死的那天很快乐。 | 
| [07:56] | he was a happy man the day he died. | 我在这儿不会说他死的那天很快乐。 | 
| [08:01] | But… | 但是。。。 | 
| [08:04] | to the extent, I can say | 在某种程度上,我可以说是了解我丈夫的。。。 | 
| [08:06] | that I did know my husband… | 在某种程度上,我可以说是了解我丈夫的。。。 | 
| [08:09] | …I cannot see him capable of suicide. | 。。。我看不出他能做出自杀这种事。 | 
| [08:20] | You have to cross her easy, Jimmy. | Jimmy,你对她的交叉盘问要柔和一些, | 
| [08:22] | Otherwise we’ll completely alienate the jury. | 否则,我们会和陪审团产生彻底的隔阂 | 
| [08:25] | I know. | 我懂。 | 
| [08:27] | I don’t think she hurt us too badly. | 我认为她不会对我们造成过大的伤害。 | 
| [08:30] | Whoops. | 哇哦。 | 
| [08:31] | Here’s a burp cloth. | 这是围嘴兜 | 
| [08:33] | I think he’s had enough. | 我想他吃够了。 | 
| [08:37] | Any word from Rebecca? | Rebecca有什么消息吗? | 
| [08:39] | She’s still doing interviews. | 她还在做访谈。 | 
| [08:40] | I’ll see if she’s called in. | 我去看看她有没有打电话来。 | 
| [08:45] | This is how my life was supposed to have turned out. | 我的生活本来应该是这个样子的。 | 
| [08:50] | I grew up in a family where family was everything. | 我在一个家庭至上的家庭中长大。 | 
| [08:54] | So when people look at me like I’m a murderer, | 所以当人们把我当成一个杀人犯看待的时候, | 
| [08:58] | I can at least console myself with the fact | 我至少可以用他们弄错了这个事实来安慰自己。 | 
| [08:59] | that they have it wrong. | 我至少可以用他们弄错了这个事实来安慰自己。 | 
| [09:03] | When I feel the accusation of being a homewrecker… | 当我感受到被当成一个破坏家庭者的责难时。。。 | 
| [09:08] | it really hurts… | 真的很伤心。。。 | 
| [09:11] | …’cause they have it right. | 。。。因为确如他们所言。 | 
| [09:18] | Hey. | 嘿, | 
| [09:19] | Hi. | 嗨。 | 
| [09:21] | Sorry I’m late. The depo ran over. | 抱歉我来晚了。 | 
| [09:24] | Hey, buddy. | 嗨,伙计。 | 
| [09:26] | Come here. | 来这儿。 | 
| [09:29] | Hi. | |
| [09:30] | How’d the first day go? | 第一天情况怎么样? | 
| [09:32] | Not too bad. | 还不算太糟。 | 
| [09:33] | But their big guns come tomorrow. | 但明天他们要拿出杀手锏了 | 
| [09:35] | I’ll probably have a late night tonight. | 今晚我可能要晚点。 | 
| [09:38] | Okay. | 好的。 | 
| [09:40] | Late night for Jimmy, too? | Jimmy今晚也要晚点吗? | 
| [09:42] | Probably. | 可能吧。 | 
| [09:54] | At the time of your husband’s death, | 在你丈夫死的时候, | 
| [09:56] | you testified these were not happy times. | 你做证说那个阶段他并不快乐 | 
| [10:00] | In fact, he was being treated for depression, wasn’t he? | 实际上,他正在接受抑郁症的治疗,不是吗? | 
| [10:03] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [10:04] | And you also spoke of his guilt, | 而且你谈到了他因私通和车祸事故带来的负罪感。 | 
| [10:06] | for both the affair and the accident. | 而且你谈到了他因私通和车祸事故带来的负罪感。 | 
| [10:09] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [10:10] | What is– or was– your favorite hobby? | 你最喜欢的。。。或者说是曾经最喜欢的爱好是什么? | 
| [10:16] | Walking. | 健走。 | 
| [10:18] | I’m told you’d often drive into the city | 我听说你经常开车到城里然后健走几个小时,对吗? | 
| [10:20] | and walk for hours. Is that correct? | 我听说你经常开车到城里然后健走几个小时,对吗? | 
| [10:23] | I wrote short stories. | 我写小说。 | 
| [10:26] | So walking… observing people… | 所以健走。。。观察众生。。。 | 
| [10:31] | And you also loved it. | 但你也是很喜欢健走的。 | 
| [10:36] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [10:38] | Did your husband once say to people, | 你丈夫曾经对人们说过他希望在车祸中死掉吗? | 
| [10:39] | he wished he’d been killed in the accident? | 你丈夫曾经对人们说过他希望在车祸中死掉吗? | 
| [10:41] | He said he’d rather he lost his life | 是的,他说他宁愿失去生命也不愿意让我失去双腿。 | 
| [10:45] | than me lose my legs, yes. | 是的,他说他宁愿失去生命也不愿意让我失去双腿。 | 
| [10:49] | But I never took it to mean he was suicidal. | 但我绝不认为这意味着他是自杀。 | 
| [10:52] | But he said it. | 但他说过这话。 | 
| [10:54] | He wished he’d been killed. | 他希望他去死。 | 
| [11:02] | Now, if at any time you feel this is too much… | 不管什么时候,如果你觉得这过于。。。 | 
| [11:05] | Okay. | 好的。 | 
| [11:08] | Bring them in. | 带他们进来。 | 
| [11:17] | Are you okay? Yes. | – 你还好吧? – 是的。 | 
| [11:20] | McGUIRE: Number one, please step forward. | 一号,请先前。 | 
| [11:26] | No. | 不是他 | 
| [11:27] | McGUIRE: Step back, number one. | 一号,退回去吧 | 
| [11:29] | Number two, please step forward. | 二号,请向前 | 
| [11:33] | No. | 不是 | 
| [11:35] | Number two, step back. | 二号,退后 | 
| [11:37] | Number three, step forward. | 三号,请向前。 | 
| [11:50] | Ms. Walters… | |
| [11:53] | Do you recognize this man? | 你认识这个人吗? | 
| [11:56] | (voice shaking) No. | 不认识 | 
| [11:59] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗? | 
| [12:02] | It isn’t him. | 不是他。 | 
| [12:12] | I’ll check on her. | 我去看看她。 | 
| [12:17] | She recognized him, Lucy. | 她认出他了,Lucy | 
| [12:19] | She must still be in trauma. | 她一定还是处于精神创伤中。 | 
| [12:22] | It was probably too soon to do this. | 现在做这个指认可能有点早 | 
| [12:24] | Maybe, but here’s our problem: | 或许是,但我们的问题是: | 
| [12:26] | the rape kit didn’t give us anything. | 性侵测试没有提供什么线索。 | 
| [12:28] | He was likely wearing a condom, which we’ve yet to find. | 他很可能戴着避孕套,但我们还没有找到。 | 
| [12:32] | Look, our ability to put this guy away depends on her. | 听着,我们能否把他关起来,取决于她。 | 
| [12:36] | Without the ID, I can’t even file. | 没有身份指认,我甚至无法提出指控 | 
| [12:39] | You didn’t find any forensic evidence? | 你们一点也没有可用于法庭的证据吗? | 
| [12:42] | We found three hairs in the victim’s office, | 我们在受害人办公室发现了三根头发, | 
| [12:45] | all belonging to the defendant. | 都是被告的。 | 
| [12:46] | Now, the defendant certainly admits | 被告当然会说是以前进办公室时留下的。 | 
| [12:48] | to being in that office in the past. | 被告当然会说是以前进办公室时留下的。 | 
| [12:50] | The cleaning crew informed us | 保洁人员告知我们每天晚上都会用吸尘器清洁地板。 | 
| [12:51] | that the floors are vacuumed every single night. | 保洁人员告知我们每天晚上都会用吸尘器清洁地板。 | 
| [12:54] | Which led you to conclude… | 这是你们得出结论。。。 | 
| [12:56] | Ms. Dafoe was there that night. | Dafoe女士当晚在那儿。 | 
| [12:58] | Any other evidence pointing to that? | 还有其他证据指明这一点吗? | 
| [13:00] | Telephone records show Mr. Potter placed a call to her | 电话记录显示Potter先生在谋杀发生40分钟前 | 
| [13:04] | forty minutes prior to the murder. | 给她打过电话。 | 
| [13:06] | Then, of course, the videotape. | 还有,当然,那份录像 | 
| [13:09] | That’s the clearest image we have. | 给我们提供了最清晰的图像。 | 
| [13:12] | KENNETH: This was taken when? | 这是什么时候? | 
| [13:13] | DETECTIVE: Three minutes after the gunshot was heard. | 听到枪响前三分钟。 | 
| [13:15] | Now, Detective, is there any footage of this person | 警探先生,有没有这个人进入楼梯间的镜头画面吗? | 
| [13:19] | going into the stairwell? | 警探先生,有没有这个人进入楼梯间的镜头画面吗? | 
| [13:21] | No. Our theory is she probably went up in the elevator. | 没有,我们的推测是她可能进了电梯。 | 
| [13:24] | So you think it’s likely that this person | 那么你们认为很可能是这个人 | 
| [13:27] | went up the elevator and down the stairwell? | 从电梯上去的,从楼梯间下来的? | 
| [13:30] | Correct. | 没错。 | 
| [13:31] | Detective, are you able to tell | 警探先生,从在这段视频中,你能告诉我这个人多高吗? | 
| [13:34] | from this video how tall this person is? | 警探先生,从在这段视频中,你能告诉我这个人多高吗? | 
| [13:37] | Yes. Breaking it down to scale, | 可以,按比例分解, | 
| [13:39] | we determined this person is 5’4″ tall. | 我们确定这个人的身高是5英尺4英寸 | 
| [13:42] | How tall is the defendant, if you know? | 如果你知道的话,被告有多高? | 
| [13:45] | Five feet, four inches tall. | 5英尺4英寸 | 
| [13:49] | The two weeks before, she would come in unannounced, | 两周前,她会不请自来,要求见Potter先生。 | 
| [13:53] | demand to see Mr. Potter. | 两周前,她会不请自来,要求见Potter先生。 | 
| [13:55] | She’d also call a lot. | 她也经常打电话。 | 
| [13:57] | Could you describe Katie Dafoe’s demeanor during these visits? | 你能描述一下Katie Dafoe在这些来访中的行为举止吗? | 
| [14:00] | She was upset. | 她很沮丧。 | 
| [14:03] | She seemed hurt. | 像是受到了伤害。 | 
| [14:09] | Why do you look so doomed? | 为什么看你们像是败局已定的样子? | 
| [14:11] | You knew about all this evidence. | 你们都知道有这些证据。 | 
| [14:13] | We’re not doomed. | 我们不认为败局已定。 | 
| [14:16] | But, Katie… | 但是,Katie | 
| [14:19] | if you went into that building that night… | 如果你当晚进到那大楼里了。。。 | 
| [14:23] | I’m not accusing you of the murder, | 我不是在说你杀了人, | 
| [14:25] | but if you went into that building at all, | 但如果你要是进去了, | 
| [14:28] | I prefer we– we admit it and deal with it. | 我倾向于我们。。。我们要对此承认并争取达成交易。 | 
| [14:33] | I did not go into the building. | 我没有去那幢大楼里。 | 
| [14:37] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉。 | 
| [14:40] | I had to ask. | 我必须要问。 | 
| [14:41] | Please don’t ask me again. | 请别再追问我了。 | 
| [14:44] | Jimmy, could you give us a second? | Jimmy,请回避一下? | 
| [15:02] | I think I need to explain. | 我想我应该解释一下。 | 
| [15:05] | Over the last few months, I’ve… | 在过去的几个月里,我。。。 | 
| [15:13] | I’ve grown fond of you, Katie. | 越来越喜欢你了,Katie | 
| [15:19] | Lately, uh– | 最近,呃。。。 | 
| [15:22] | I tell you this not as some kind of advance. | 我要对你说这不算是某种示好。 | 
| [15:24] | I’m very happily married. | 我有非常美满的婚姻。 | 
| [15:27] | I love my wife totally. | 我全心全意地爱着我的妻子。 | 
| [15:33] | But since I do have feelings… | 但因为我有了这种感觉。。。 | 
| [15:37] | …I have to be conscious of the reality | 。。。我必须要考虑到我的判断力会因此受到左右。 | 
| [15:40] | that my judgment could be colored. | 。。。我必须要考虑到我的判断力会因此受到左右。 | 
| [15:43] | It’s for that reason I just asked you that question. | 这也就是我刚才问你那个问题的原因。 | 
| [15:48] | So the distrust you feel isn’t so much for you… | 所以你所感到的不信任感,并不是针对你的。。。 | 
| [15:52] | as it is for my own objectiveness. | 是为了保持我自己的客观性。 | 
| [16:02] | Do I need to get a different lawyer? | 我需要换个律师吗? | 
| [16:07] | No. | 不需要。 | 
| [16:15] | When I saw him… | 当我看到他。。。 | 
| [16:18] | the sudden thought of having to sit through the trial, | 突然想到我不得不熬过整个庭审, | 
| [16:22] | looking at him every day… | 每天都要看着他。。。 | 
| [16:26] | (sighs) I just can’t do it. | 我真是做不到。 | 
| [16:29] | You don’t have to apologize for being afraid. | 你不必因为恐惧而抱歉。 | 
| [16:32] | It’s not just fear, Lucy. | 不只是恐惧,Lucy。 | 
| [16:35] | I’m 83. | 我83岁了。 | 
| [16:37] | I haven’t many years to live. | 我活不了几年了。 | 
| [16:40] | I don’t want to spend one of them embroiled– | 我不想把这不多的时日卷入。。。 | 
| [16:48] | I think I could survive this best… | 我想我能很好地度过。。。 | 
| [16:52] | if I could somehow bring myself to forgive him… | 如果我能以某种方式让自己原谅他。。。 | 
| [16:59] | …and move on. | 。。。然后继续生活。 | 
| [17:01] | Okay. | 我明白了。 | 
| [17:04] | Any way I can help you? | 我该如何帮你呢? | 
| [17:07] | You could make him apologize. | 你可以让他向我道歉。 | 
| [17:14] | I’ve been a police criminologist for 11 years. | 我做了11年的警方刑事专家。 | 
| [17:16] | KENNETH: And what findings, if any, did you make, doctor? | 博士,如果你得出什么的调查结论的话,那是什么呢? | 
| [17:20] | This was not a suicide. | 这不是自杀。 | 
| [17:22] | Can you tell the court what psychological evidence | 是哪些心理学上的证据使你得出这样的结论, | 
| [17:24] | led you to this conclusion? | 你能向法庭陈述吗? | 
| [17:26] | In the days leading up the death, | 在死亡发生的前几天中, | 
| [17:28] | Mr. Potter was very driven at work– | Potter先生忙于工作。。。 | 
| [17:31] | even productive. | 甚至是很有成效的。 | 
| [17:32] | He was meeting deadlines. | 他按时完成了工作目标。 | 
| [17:34] | This kind of efficiency | 这种效率有悖于一个要结束自己生命的人的想法。 | 
| [17:36] | belies the notion of a man intending to end his life. | 这种效率有悖于一个要结束自己生命的人的想法。 | 
| [17:40] | He was getting therapy, | 他正在接受个人和婚姻方面问题的咨询和治疗。 | 
| [17:41] | both personally and marital counseling. | 他正在接受个人和婚姻方面问题的咨询和治疗。 | 
| [17:45] | This, again, suggests that he was looking to heal, | 这再次表明他在寻求治康复, | 
| [17:48] | move ahead, not die. | 向前看,不寻短见。 | 
| [17:51] | The main thing– | 最重要的是。。。 | 
| [17:54] | he left no note. | 他没有留下遗言。 | 
| [17:55] | If guilt is the motivating factor for suicide, | 如果负罪感是自杀的动因的话, | 
| [17:58] | in my experience, there’s almost always a note. | 根据我的经验,总是会留下遗言的。 | 
| [18:02] | BOBBY: Doctor, you have known cases | 博士,你知道有非事先计划的自杀案例的。 | 
| [18:05] | where suicides have not been planned out. | 博士,你知道有非事先计划的自杀案例的。 | 
| [18:07] | The victim acts on a sudden decision. Yes. | – 受害人是做出一个突然的决定。 – 是的。 | 
| [18:10] | Even in cases where people are on the mend, getting help, | 甚至是当其正在康复、接受帮助、积极工作情况下。 | 
| [18:13] | productive at work. | 甚至是当其正在康复、接受帮助、积极工作情况下。 | 
| [18:14] | That’s not the usual. | 这很少见。 | 
| [18:15] | But it’s been known to happen. | 但这是已知会发生的。 | 
| [18:17] | People just snap. | 有人就是发狂了。 | 
| [18:19] | Those cases usually involve schizophrenia | 那些案例通常涉及精神分裂症或者化学制品。 | 
| [18:21] | or chemical problems. | 那些案例通常涉及精神分裂症或者化学制品。 | 
| [18:23] | Neither is indicated with Mr. Potter. | 这两者在Potter先生身上都没有体现。 | 
| [18:25] | But it’s happened? Of course. | – 但确实存在这种情况? – 当然是。 | 
| [18:27] | There’s anecdotal evidence for almost everything, but– | 任何事都会有些道听途说的解释,但是。。。 | 
| [18:31] | Thank you. I’d like to finish my response, please. | – 谢谢你。 – 我想把话说完。 | 
| [18:33] | You answered my question. No, I’m telling you I haven’t answered it. | – 你已经回答了我的问题。 – 不,我告诉你我还没有回答完。 | 
| [18:37] | Is suicide possible here? | 本案有自杀的可能吗? | 
| [18:39] | Of course, it is. Anything’s possible. | 当然有,所谓一切皆有可能。 | 
| [18:42] | But based on my 17 years as a trained professional | 但基于我17年的专业训练知识, | 
| [18:45] | dealing with this very question, | 针对这个具体个案, | 
| [18:47] | I am adamant in my belief that this man was murdered. | 我坚信这个人是被谋杀的。 | 
| [18:51] | It’s not even a difficult call. | 甚至都不是很难做出判断的。 | 
| [18:55] | I’m scared, Bobby. | 我很害怕,Bobby。 | 
| [18:57] | We haven’t even put on our defense yet. | 我们还没开始辩护举证呢。 | 
| [19:00] | But our whole defense is basically my word. | 但是我们所有辩护理由基本上都是靠我的证词。 | 
| [19:02] | The way the jurors are looking at me– | 陪审员们看着我的那种眼神。。。 | 
| [19:04] | What did we say about panic? | 对于恐慌我们应该怎么办? | 
| [19:05] | We can’t have panic. | 我们不能惊慌失措。 | 
| [19:08] | What if I get scared during my testimony? | 如果我在作证时感到害怕怎么办? | 
| [19:10] | It might make me look guilty. | 这可能让我看起来是有罪的。 | 
| [19:11] | What if I get nervous and I can’t remember? | 如果我感到紧张到记不得要说什么,该怎么办? | 
| [19:14] | Hey, hey, hey, hey. Come on. | 嘿,嘿,别怕。 | 
| [19:26] | Jimmy, tell Rebecca to revisit Potter’s therapist. | Jimmy,让Rebecca再去拜访Potter的治疗师 | 
| [19:29] | Remind him privilege doesn’t survive his patient’s death. | 提醒他在病人去世后,医患保密特权就无效了。 | 
| [19:32] | I think she did that. | 我想她做过了。 | 
| [19:34] | Tell her to try harder! | 告诉她再加把劲儿! | 
| [19:36] | This man was treating the guy for depression. | 这个人正在给Potter治疗抑郁症。 | 
| [19:38] | He’s bound to have something we can use. | 他一定有我们能用上的东西。 | 
| [19:41] | If he doesn’t agree, slap him with a summons. | 如果他不配合,就用传票拍死他。 | 
| [19:43] | I want him in that chair. | 我要他坐上证人席。 | 
| [19:47] | Okay. | 好的。 | 
| [19:56] | The breakup was very painful. | 分手是很痛苦的。 | 
| [19:59] | I don’t deny that. | 我并不否认。 | 
| [20:01] | We’ve heard testimony that you repeatedly | 我们听到的证词说你不断试图去让他回心转意 | 
| [20:03] | tried to change his mind. | 我们听到的证词说你不断试图去让他回心转意 | 
| [20:06] | That you would show up at his office… unannounced. | 还有说你到他的办公室。。。不请自来。 | 
| [20:09] | I did. | 是的。 | 
| [20:12] | I was hurting. | 我当时很受伤。 | 
| [20:14] | In the days leading up to Bernard’s death, | 在Bernard死前的几天里, | 
| [20:17] | did you notice any suicidal tendencies? | 你注意到他有自杀的倾向吗? | 
| [20:20] | The only strange thing was the phone call. | 唯一有些奇怪的就是电话 | 
| [20:23] | What phone call was that? | 什么电话? | 
| [20:25] | About 40 minutes prior to his death, | 他死前大概40分钟, | 
| [20:28] | he telephoned me. | 他给我打电话。 | 
| [20:31] | He said he would never see me again. | 他说他再也见不到我了。 | 
| [20:34] | He said goodbye. | 他说再见吧。 | 
| [20:36] | And he hung up. | 然后就挂了电话。 | 
| [20:40] | It seemed very odd, | 似乎很奇怪 | 
| [20:41] | and his voice sounded slightly erratic. | 他的声音有点不稳定。 | 
| [20:44] | What did you do then? | 那你做了什么? | 
| [20:45] | I tried to call him back. | 我试着给他回电话。 | 
| [20:47] | The call didn’t go through, and I never got him. | 电话打不通,我没有联系上他 | 
| [20:50] | And the next thing, I’m told he’s dead. | 接下来,我就听说他死了。 | 
| [20:57] | Ms. Dafoe… | Dafoe女士。。。 | 
| [21:00] | Did you go to Bernard Potter’s building that night? | 那天晚上你去Bernard Potter的大楼了吗? | 
| [21:03] | I absolutely did not. | 我绝对没去。 | 
| [21:05] | Did you go anywhere that night? | 那晚你去哪里了? | 
| [21:07] | No, I stayed at home. | 哪也没去,我在家里。 | 
| [21:09] | You’re sitting in this courtroom today… | 你今天在法庭上。。。 | 
| [21:12] | …accused of murder. | 。。。被指控谋杀。 | 
| [21:14] | I committed adultery… | 我和Bernard Potter确有私情。。。 | 
| [21:18] | …with Bernard Potter, | 我和Bernard Potter确有私情。。。 | 
| [21:19] | for which I’m very much ashamed. | 为此我感到非常羞愧。 | 
| [21:23] | And as I said, I feel guilty… | 我说过,我感到内疚。。。 | 
| [21:28] | and I take responsibility for what happened to his wife, | 我对他妻子的遭遇负有责任。 | 
| [21:30] | but I didn’t kill him. | 但我没有杀他。 | 
| [21:33] | I-I could never be capable of such a crime with anyone. | 我。。。我绝对无法对任何人犯下那样的罪行。 | 
| [21:37] | Especially someone that I loved. | 尤其是我爱过的人。 | 
| [21:46] | So, it was him. | 那么,就是他吧。 | 
| [21:47] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [21:49] | And maybe in time she’ll change her mind, | 也许过段时间她会改主意的。 | 
| [21:51] | but for now she doesn’t want the ordeal of a trial. | 但现在她不想受到庭审的煎熬。 | 
| [21:54] | Well, she’d only have to be there for her testimony. | 她只需要作证即可。 | 
| [21:56] | But he’d have to be in the room, right? | 但她必须要出庭,对吧? | 
| [22:00] | And she wants him to apologize? | 她希望他道歉? | 
| [22:02] | What are you hatching up? | 你又在想什么鬼点子? | 
| [22:04] | We get that apology on tape, we don’t need her ID. | 我们把这个道歉录像,我们就不需要她来做指认了。 | 
| [22:08] | Go tell him he’ll be made by the woman | 去告诉他除非他道歉,否则就要被指认出来。 | 
| [22:11] | unless he apologizes. | 去告诉他除非他道歉,否则就要被指认出来。 | 
| [22:13] | Whoa, I’m a rape counselor, not a police agent. | 哇哦,我是一个性侵问题顾问,不是警方的代理人。 | 
| [22:17] | Well, I think that your client would feel comforted | 如果我们能让强奸犯伏法,我想你的客户会感到安慰的 | 
| [22:19] | if we can put the rapist in jail. | 如果我们能让强奸犯伏法,我想你的客户会感到欣慰的 | 
| [22:25] | So, you just happened to get | 那么说,你是刚好在Bernard Potter临死前不久 | 
| [22:26] | a very strange call from Bernard Potter | 接到了他打来的一个奇怪的电话? | 
| [22:28] | shortly before his death? | 接到了他打来的一个奇怪的电话? | 
| [22:30] | “Never going to see you again. Goodbye.” | “再也看不到你了,再见吧” | 
| [22:33] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [22:35] | And you tried to call him back? | 你试着给他拨回去? | 
| [22:36] | Several times. | 拨了好几次 | 
| [22:38] | Why are there no phone records of any such returned calls? | 为什么在电话记录上找不到这些回拨呢? | 
| [22:41] | Because the message center picks up after the sixth call, | 因为信息中心会在振铃六次之后才记录, | 
| [22:45] | and I typically hang up after five. | 我一般等五次就挂断了。 | 
| [22:47] | I see. | 我懂了。 | 
| [22:49] | Ever take a lesson in how to shoot a gun? | 学过怎么用枪吗? | 
| [22:53] | Yes. | 学过。 | 
| [22:54] | When? | 什么时候学的? | 
| [22:56] | About a month before Bernard Potter’s death. | Bernard Potter死前一个月左右。 | 
| [23:00] | Just thought it might be wise to know how to shoot a gun? | 只是觉得会用枪是个明智的做法吗? | 
| [23:03] | A lot of women look into personal protection, Mr. Walsh. | Walsh先生,很多女人都注重自我保护 | 
| [23:08] | You say that isn’t you? It isn’t. | – 你说这不是你? – 不是 | 
| [23:10] | You’ve been seen wearing that type of overcoat many times, | 你被看见过很多次穿着那种款式的大衣, | 
| [23:13] | haven’t you, Ms. Dafoe? | Dafoe女士,不是吗? | 
| [23:16] | Thousands and thousands of women in Boston | 波士顿成千上万的女人穿着那样的大衣。 | 
| [23:19] | wear that style of overcoat. | 波士顿成千上万的女人穿着那样的大衣。 | 
| [23:21] | What happened to yours? We couldn’t find it. | 你的那件呢?我们没找到。 | 
| [23:26] | I-I threw it out. | 我。。。我扔了。 | 
| [23:28] | When? | 什么时候扔的? | 
| [23:30] | I have no idea. | 我记不得了。 | 
| [23:33] | I buy a lot of new clothes, | 我买了很多新衣服, | 
| [23:34] | and I throw out the old ones. | 我就把旧的那个扔了。 | 
| [23:36] | Where did you throw it out? | 你扔哪里了? | 
| [23:37] | Just… in the garbage. | 就是。。。扔在垃圾箱了。 | 
| [23:40] | Didn’t give it to a friend or the Salvation Army? | 没有送给朋友或者捐给救世军? | 
| [23:43] | You just threw it away? | 就那么扔了? | 
| [23:46] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [23:47] | There are witnesses that have seen you | 有个证人看到你最近穿着那件大衣。 | 
| [23:48] | wearing that coat as recently | 有个证人看到你最近穿着那件大衣。 | 
| [23:50] | as a few weeks before the shooting. | 就在枪击案发前几周。 | 
| [23:51] | I would think that if you were wearing it that recently, | 我想如果你最近穿过那件大衣, | 
| [23:54] | it had to be in decent shape. | 那它应该还挺不错的。 | 
| [23:56] | But you just threw it out? | 但你就那么扔了? | 
| [23:57] | Asked and answered. | 重复提问。 | 
| [23:59] | You had a coat like that shortly before the murder. | 在谋杀案发前你有件类似的大衣。 | 
| [24:03] | It couldn’t be found after the murder. | 谋杀案后就找不到了。 | 
| [24:17] | I’ll say it one more time– we have to plead this. | 我要再提一次。。。我们必须要争取达成交易了。 | 
| [24:20] | What else did Potter’s therapist say? | Potter的治疗师还说了些什么? | 
| [24:22] | Just that. | 还是那些。 | 
| [24:24] | But if he’s called, he will reject the idea of suicide. | 但如果传唤他出庭,他不会支持自杀的说法。 | 
| [24:27] | So I don’t think he’s worth it. | 所以我觉得没必要传唤他。 | 
| [24:32] | I’m gonna call him. It’s too dangerous. | – 我打算传他出庭。 – 这太危险了。 | 
| [24:34] | You saw what happened in there! | 你看到现在什么情况了吧! | 
| [24:35] | Even so. | 即使这样。 | 
| [24:37] | You don’t start winging it halfway through a trial. | 你也不能在庭审中途即兴发挥。 | 
| [24:40] | Come on! Bobby… | 别这样吧!Bobby。。。 | 
| [24:42] | I agree with Jimmy. | 我同意Jimmy的意见。 | 
| [24:46] | I’m calling him. | 我要传他出庭。 | 
| [24:51] | I’d have to let him back into my home? | 我必须要让他再来我家? | 
| [24:54] | With me here and the police in adjoining apartments, | 我陪着你,警察在隔壁的公寓里, | 
| [24:57] | also in the hall. | 大堂里也有。 | 
| [24:58] | I promise you’ll be safe. | 我保证你是安全的。 | 
| [25:03] | I don’t know. | 我拿不定主意。 | 
| [25:04] | It’s totally your decision, and I understand if you say no. | 完全听你的,如果你说不行我也理解。 | 
| [25:10] | I’m just saying if your fear really is a long trial, | 我只是要说如果你怕的真是漫长的庭审过程, | 
| [25:14] | it’ll only take a few minutes. | 现在这样做只用几分钟就可以了。 | 
| [25:17] | You’ll get your apology, and you’ll put him in jail. | 你得到你要的道歉,此外你还会把他送进监狱。 | 
| [25:20] | And you’ll be here with me? | 你会在这儿陪着我吗? | 
| [25:21] | Every minute. | 全程都在。 | 
| [25:24] | Could lose my job, but… | 可能会丢了工作,但是。。。 | 
| [25:26] | Why would you lose your job? | 你为什么会丢了工作呢? | 
| [25:28] | Well, this isn’t exactly what rape counselors | 这个,这种事的确不是性侵问题顾问应该做的。 | 
| [25:31] | are supposed to be doing. | 这个,这种事的确不是性侵问题顾问应该做的。 | 
| [25:34] | He was extremely guilt ridden | 他对他给妻子造成的痛苦非常内疚。 | 
| [25:36] | over the pain he caused his wife. | 他对他给妻子造成的痛苦非常内疚。 | 
| [25:38] | Let’s be candid. | 让我们直接点吧。 | 
| [25:40] | You don’t think it was a suicide? | 你不认为这是自杀? | 
| [25:42] | I don’t think he was remotely suicidal. | 我不认为他有一点点自杀的念头。 | 
| [25:44] | Dr. Papp, during your therapy with Bernard Potter, | Papp医生,在你对Bernard Potter的治疗期间, | 
| [25:48] | he discussed his affair with Katie Dafoe? | 他跟你谈过Katie Dafoe的私情吗? | 
| [25:50] | He did. | 他谈过。 | 
| [25:52] | Did he ever discuss having an affair with anybody else | 在他死前的那段时间,他曾跟你谈过还和别人私通吗? | 
| [25:55] | around the time of his death? | 在他死前的那段时间,他曾跟你谈过还和别人私通吗? | 
| [26:01] | Yes. | 有过。 | 
| [26:03] | Who? | 是谁? | 
| [26:05] | His secretary, Michelle Farrell. | 他的秘书,Michelle Farrell | 
| [26:13] | When did this affair end, if you know? | 这段私情什么时候结束的,你知道吗? | 
| [26:16] | Objection, hearsay. | 反对,传闻证据。 | 
| [26:17] | Overruled. | 反对无效。 | 
| [26:18] | When did Mr. Potter’s affair with Ms. Farrell end? | Potter先生和Farrell女士的私情什么时候结束的? | 
| [26:22] | About a week before his death. | 他死前大约一周。 | 
| [26:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢你。 | 
| [26:29] | Mr. Walsh? | Walsh先生? | 
| [26:31] | I have no questions, | 我没什么问题要问, | 
| [26:32] | but reserve the right to recall. | 但保留再次传唤的权利。 | 
| [26:34] | Witness may step down. | 证人可以退席了。 | 
| [26:36] | The Defense recalls Michelle Farrell. | 辩方传唤Michelle Farrell | 
| [26:38] | Your Honor, I’d like some time, | 法官大人,鉴于这些新的信息出现, | 
| [26:40] | in light of this new information. | 我需要些时间。 | 
| [26:42] | We’ll break for the day, resume tomorrow with Ms. Farrell. | 今天就到这里,明天开始由Farrell女士作证。 | 
| [26:50] | If anything happens, we’ll be in in three seconds. | 如果有情况,我们三秒钟内就可以冲进去。 | 
| [26:53] | Okay. Well, I’ll be out in three seconds, so don’t worry. | 那好,别担心,我三秒钟之内就能逃出来。 | 
| [26:56] | Good luck. | 祝你顺利。 | 
| [27:09] | Mr. Macklin. | |
| [27:11] | My name is Lucy Hatcher. | 我是Lucy Hatcher。 | 
| [27:12] | I’m from Rape Crisis. | 我来自性侵危机处理中心。 | 
| [27:14] | I’m the counselor for the elderly woman you raped. | 我是你强奸的那个老妇人的顾问。 | 
| [27:17] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不明白你在说啥。 | 
| [27:20] | I think you do. | 我想你是明白的 | 
| [27:23] | She made you in a police lineup yesterday. | 她昨天在指认队列里认出了你 | 
| [27:26] | Only so far, she’s keeping it to herself, | 到目前为止,她保持沉默, | 
| [27:28] | since as a Christian woman, she believes in forgiveness. | 因为她是个基督徒,她相信宽恕。 | 
| [27:32] | You got lucky. | 算你走运。 | 
| [27:33] | But she only plans to forgive you if you repent. | 但只有你进行忏悔,她才会打算原谅你。 | 
| [27:38] | You know her address. | 你知道她的住址。 | 
| [27:39] | Show up tomorrow at noon, tell the woman you’re sorry, | 明天中午过来,跟她说你很后悔。 | 
| [27:42] | and be sorry… | 向她道歉。。。 | 
| [27:43] | or she goes to the police. | 否则她就去警察局。 | 
| [27:57] | So you’re going to accuse the secretary? | 那么你打算指控这个秘书吗? | 
| [28:01] | I’m gonna throw it out there. | 我会把这个观点抛出去。 | 
| [28:02] | She doesn’t have a complete alibi, so who knows? | 她没有完全不在现场的证明,所以,谁知道呢? | 
| [28:05] | It seems a little desperate. | 看起来有点绝望了, | 
| [28:07] | Well, we are desperate, Lindsay. | 是啊,我们有些绝望了,Lindsay | 
| [28:09] | I mean, Katie didn’t do so well. | 我是说,Katie表现得不太好。 | 
| [28:11] | And the business of the overcoat… | 而且关于大衣那件事。。。 | 
| [28:12] | Did you ask her what she did with the overcoat? | 你问了她怎么处理那件大衣了吗? | 
| [28:14] | She was asked three times. She threw it out. | 她被问了三次了,她扔了。 | 
| [28:17] | No, I don’t mean on the stand. | 不,我不是指作证的时候。 | 
| [28:20] | I mean after, in private. | 我是问之后,私下的时候。 | 
| [28:24] | You didn’t ask? | 你没问? | 
| [28:26] | I believe she threw it out. | 我相信她是扔了。 | 
| [28:31] | What? | 怎么了? | 
| [28:33] | Are you involved with her, Bobby? | 你和她之间有事吧,Bobby? | 
| [28:37] | What?! | 你说什么?! | 
| [28:38] | Look, I mean, it jus– | 你看,我是说,这只是。。。 | 
| [28:40] | It might just be my hormones, I’m sorry. | 这可能只是我的荷尔蒙在作怪,对不起。 | 
| [28:42] | But I just get this weird feeling | 但我就是有这种出了些什么事的奇怪感觉。 | 
| [28:43] | that something’s going on. | 但我就是有这种出了些什么事的奇怪感觉。 | 
| [28:45] | I mean, the way you just believe her? | 我是说,你那么地相信她? | 
| [28:48] | You believe something’s going on? | 你觉得出了什么事吗? | 
| [28:49] | I’m just… | 我只是。。。 | 
| [28:52] | Wondering, Lindsay? | 想知道吗,Lindsay | 
| [28:57] | Sorry. | 抱歉。 | 
| [29:02] | You know me better than that. | 你应该很了解我才对。 | 
| [29:03] | I know. I’m just… | 我明白,我就是。。。 | 
| [29:07] | Maybe I’m just fried. | 也许我就是因为晒懵了 | 
| [29:10] | Goodnight. | 晚安。 | 
| [29:26] | Why didn’t you tell the police about your affair with Mr. Potter? | 你为什么不告诉警方你和Potter先生的私情? | 
| [29:30] | It wasn’t relevant. | 因为不相关。 | 
| [29:31] | You break up with him a week before he’s found dead– | 你在他死前一周和他分手。。。 | 
| [29:34] | “It wasn’t relevant”? No. | – “不相关”? – 对 | 
| [29:37] | You were asked point-blank by Rebecca Washington, | 你被坐在那里的Rebecca Washington直接问到, | 
| [29:40] | seated right over there, whether Mr. Potter was having any other affairs, | 是否Potter还有别的私情, | 
| [29:43] | and you answered, to the best of your knowledge, “No.” | 而你回答说,据你所知,没有。 | 
| [29:46] | It’s my private life. | 这是我的私生活。 | 
| [29:48] | Ms. Farrell, did you kill your boss? | Farrell女士,你杀了你的老板吗? | 
| [29:50] | KENNETH: Objection! What? | – 反对! – 你说什么? | 
| [29:52] | You had the opportunity, the motive. | 你有时机,也有动机。 | 
| [29:54] | How tall are you? | 你多高? | 
| [29:55] | This is ridiculous! | 真是荒谬! | 
| [29:57] | How tall are you? | 你多高? | 
| [30:00] | I’m five-four. | 我是五尺四寸 | 
| [30:03] | Your Honor, with the court’s permission, I’d like the witness | 法官大人,如法庭准许,我想请证人离开证人席做个演示。 | 
| [30:05] | to step out of the witness chair for a demonstration. | 法官大人,如法庭准许,我想请证人离开证人席做个演示。 | 
| [30:08] | I object! Ms. Farrell, please step out. | – 我反对! – Farrell女士,请离开证人席。 | 
| [30:17] | Stand just like this, please. | 请就这样站着。 | 
| [30:22] | Could you put this on, please? | 可以请你穿上这件吗? | 
| [30:23] | I object to this grandstanding. | 我反对这种哗众取宠的行为。 | 
| [30:25] | Overruled. Ms. Farrell, put the coat on. | 反对无效,Farrell女士,请穿上大衣。 | 
| [30:32] | And these glasses, please. | 还有这副眼镜。 | 
| [30:38] | And the wig. | 假发。 | 
| [30:43] | Katie? | |
| [30:50] | I’d like you to… stand just like this. | 我要你。。。这样站着。 | 
| [31:12] | From where I’m standing… | 从我站着地方看。。。 | 
| [31:16] | …I see reasonable doubt. | 。。。我看到了合理怀疑。 | 
| [31:26] | What happens now? | 现在怎么办? | 
| [31:28] | They cross her, establish her alibi. | 控方会对她交叉盘问,确定她的不在现场证明。 | 
| [31:31] | She has one? | 她有吗? | 
| [31:33] | She was at a movie and can account | 她那时在看电影,能用于解释当晚的大部分时间。 | 
| [31:35] | for most of the night, not all of it. | 但不是全部。 | 
| [31:38] | How did it play? | 你觉得进展如何? | 
| [31:41] | Honest? | 说老实话吗? | 
| [31:43] | A little desperate. | 有点令人绝望了。 | 
| [31:45] | It could blow up in your face. | 这案子会让你栽跟头的。 | 
| [31:47] | All I need is one juror. | 我需要有一个陪审员就行。 | 
| [31:49] | You and Perry Mason. | 需要你加上一个Perry Mason (讽刺Bobby。Perry Mason是美国五十年代末的一部电视剧的主角 描写一名律师,专门处理看似无法辩驳的案件。) | 
| [31:58] | Jimmy… | |
| [32:01] | I don’t want to hear that crap in front of the client! | 我不想在当事人面前听到这些扯淡的话! | 
| [32:03] | You asked my opinion in front of the client. | 是你在当事人面前问我的看法的。 | 
| [32:06] | Do you have a problem? | 你有毛病吧? | 
| [32:07] | Do I have a problem? I got a big problem. | 我有毛病吗?我是很有意见的。 | 
| [32:11] | I think you have feelings for this woman, | 我认为你对这女人已经有感情了, | 
| [32:12] | and you’re not seeing straight. | 使你无法去看清问题了。 | 
| [32:14] | That’s my problem. | 这就是我的意见。 | 
| [32:33] | Is it just a game to you, Mr. Donnell? | Donnell先生,这对你来说就是个游戏吗? | 
| [32:36] | Somebody died here. | 有人死了。 | 
| [32:38] | That was real. | 这是真实发生的。 | 
| [32:41] | It’s not a game. | 这不是游戏。 | 
| [33:02] | Are you sure you’re ready? | 你真准备好了吗? | 
| [33:03] | I’m fine. | 我行。 | 
| [33:18] | Are you okay? | 你还行吗? | 
| [33:20] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [33:28] | Look, I know you think I did it, but I didn’t do it. | 听着,我知道你认为是我做的,但不是我干的。 | 
| [33:34] | But I’m sorry for what happened to you. | 但我对你的遭遇感到遗憾。 | 
| [33:41] | Is that your idea of seeking forgiveness? | 这就是你心目中的寻求宽恕吗? | 
| [33:46] | You don’t think I know? | 你以为我不知道是你吗? | 
| [33:49] | I looked you in the eye. | 我看着你的眼睛。 | 
| [33:51] | You don’t think I know you’re the man who raped me? | 你认为我不知道你就是那个强奸我的人吗? | 
| [33:55] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉。 | 
| [33:58] | You’re sorry? | 你很抱歉? | 
| [34:00] | My husband was a minister. | 我丈夫是个牧师。 | 
| [34:03] | Bet you didn’t know that. | 我肯定你不知道。 | 
| [34:07] | Did you ever think you were raping a minister’s wife? | 你可曾想到你在强奸一个牧师的妻子? | 
| [34:34] | I know you would have liked to have the confession first. | 我知道你本想先认罪的。 | 
| [34:40] | But I just didn’t see the need for it. | 但我就是觉得没那个必要。 | 
| [34:49] | None of the police experts could rule out suicide. | 没有一个警方专家能排除自杀的可能性。 | 
| [34:53] | The man was profoundly depressed. | 那人极度抑郁。 | 
| [34:56] | He crippled his wife, | 他使他的妻子成了残废。 | 
| [34:58] | a woman who loved walking like she loved life. | 一个像热爱生命一样热爱健走的女人 | 
| [35:02] | He was being clinically treated for this depression. | 他因抑郁症正在接受临床治疗。 | 
| [35:06] | None of us– none of you– can eliminate the possibility | 我们中没人。。。我们中没人。。。 | 
| [35:11] | that Bernard Potter took his own life. | 能排除Bernard Potter自杀的可能性。 | 
| [35:13] | The only reason the police arrested Katie Dafoe | 警方逮捕Katie Dafoe的唯一原因 | 
| [35:16] | was because she seemingly had motive. | 是因为她似乎有动机。 | 
| [35:19] | Hairs of hers were found at the scene, | 在现场发现了她的头发 | 
| [35:21] | a woman who looked like her was seen leaving the building. | 一个看起来像她的女人离开了那幢大楼。 | 
| [35:24] | But Michelle Farrell would also have motive. | 但Michelle Farrell也有动机。 | 
| [35:28] | She, too, was having an affair. | 她也有私通行为。 | 
| [35:30] | And how easy it would’ve been for her to frame Katie Dafoe. | 对她来说陷害Katie Dafoe有多么容易。 | 
| [35:35] | She could’ve collected hairs from my client’s hairbrush | 她可以从我的当事人的发梳上收集头发去栽赃。 | 
| [35:37] | and planted them, dressed up to look like her. | 模仿她的穿着。 | 
| [35:40] | We all just saw the resemblance. | 我们都看到了相似之处。 | 
| [35:42] | And she can’t account for her whereabouts | 在Potter先生死前的一个小时, | 
| [35:45] | for the hour immediately preceding Mr. Potter’s death. | 她不无法解释她的行踪。 | 
| [35:48] | She says she was home, | 她说她在家, | 
| [35:50] | just like Katie insists she was home. | 就像Katie坚称在家一样。 | 
| [35:53] | But we can’t know. | 但我们不知道实际情况。 | 
| [35:56] | Add to that the fact that | 况且事实上我们甚至根本不能确定是他杀。 | 
| [35:57] | we can’t even know it was homicide at all. | 况且事实上我们甚至根本不能确定是他杀。 | 
| [36:02] | You’ve certainly got reasonable doubt. | 你们当然会有合理怀疑。 | 
| [36:08] | Our detectives, our forensic specialists, | 我们的警探,我们的法医专家, | 
| [36:11] | our psychological experts– | 我们的心理学专家。。。 | 
| [36:13] | all of our witnesses– | 我们所有的证人。。。 | 
| [36:15] | all of them were unequivocal in their consensus. | 他们所有人的共识都是明确的。 | 
| [36:19] | This was a homicide. | 这是凶杀。 | 
| [36:21] | There was no gunshot residue on the victim’s hands. | 受害者手上没有枪击残留物。 | 
| [36:25] | The trajectory shows that he was shot from above, | 弹道轨迹显示他是从稍后的上方被击中的, | 
| [36:28] | from slightly behind, | 弹道轨迹显示他是从稍后的上方被击中的, | 
| [36:29] | which is totally inconsistent with suicide. | 这与自杀完全不一致。 | 
| [36:32] | Bernard Potter was murdered. | Bernard Potter是被谋杀的。 | 
| [36:35] | It’s obvious, and the defense knows it. | 这是显而易见的,辩方也清楚这一点。 | 
| [36:37] | That’s why they resorted to that ridiculous, last-second | 这就是为什么他们在最后一刻 | 
| [36:40] | cloak-and-dagger stunt of getting Mr. Potter’s secretary | 求助于那荒谬的神秘兮兮的特技揪出Potter先生的秘书。 | 
| [36:43] | to dress up in the courtroom. | 在法庭上炫耀。 | 
| [36:45] | True, we did not know | 的确,我们不知道Farrell女士 | 
| [36:46] | of Ms. Farrell’s affair with the victim, | 和受害人有私情。 | 
| [36:48] | but she is not a suspect in this case. | 但是她在本案并不是嫌疑人。 | 
| [36:51] | Mr. Donnell is throwing her up as a red herring | Donnell先生把她抛出来转移视线 | 
| [36:53] | because he struck out on the suicide pitch. | 是因为他在自杀论点上彻底失败了。 | 
| [36:56] | The evidence here is overwhelming. | 这里的证据确凿无疑。 | 
| [37:02] | Ms. Dafoe had motive. | Dafoe女士具有动机。 | 
| [37:04] | She had been acting urgently, frantically, | 她曾急切抓狂地跑到受害人的办公室, | 
| [37:07] | showing up at the victim’s office, | 她曾急切抓狂地跑到受害人的办公室, | 
| [37:09] | desperately trying to continue the relationship. | 绝望地试图延续这段关系。 | 
| [37:11] | Her hair samples place her at the scene. | 她的头发样本证明她在案发现场。 | 
| [37:14] | She had an elevator access key. | 她有一把电梯钥匙。 | 
| [37:16] | She knew how to get in and get out. | 她知道如何进出。 | 
| [37:19] | And what of the overcoat? | 再说说那件大衣呢? | 
| [37:23] | Where did it go? | 去哪儿了? | 
| [37:24] | She just happened to throw it away | 她真是碰巧在谋杀案发那段时间扔掉了? | 
| [37:26] | around the time of the murder? | 她真是碰巧在谋杀案发那段时间扔掉了? | 
| [37:28] | Like she just happened to take shooting lessons | 就像她碰巧在谋杀案发三周前去上了射击课程。 | 
| [37:31] | three weeks before the murder. | 就像她碰巧在谋杀案发三周前去上了射击课程。 | 
| [37:34] | A woman bearing her resemblance | 一个和她装着相似女人 | 
| [37:36] | just happens to be leaving the building | 刚巧在枪击三分钟后离开大楼, | 
| [37:39] | three minutes after the shooting, | 刚巧在枪击三分钟后离开大楼, | 
| [37:41] | wearing a coat just like one owned by the defendant, | 穿着一件很像被告所拥有的大衣, | 
| [37:44] | which coat just happens to get thrown away that very week. | 而那件大衣又刚巧在那一周被扔掉了。 | 
| [37:50] | Come on. | 得了吧。 | 
| [37:52] | That’s just a few too many coincidences. | 这真是有点太多巧合了。 | 
| [37:57] | Don’t you think? | 你们认为呢? | 
| [38:05] | Katie, remember what I said? | Katie,记得我说过的吗? | 
| [38:09] | My objectivity? | 关于我的客观性? | 
| [38:11] | It’s okay, Bobby. | 没关系的,Bobby | 
| [38:13] | I’m afraid I may have blown it. | 恐怕我已经搞砸了。 | 
| [38:17] | By suddenly pointing my finger at the secretary. | 突然针对那个秘书提出指控。 | 
| [38:21] | I’m worried I may have sent the message to the jury– | 我担心我已经传递给陪审团一个信号。。。 | 
| [38:27] | I don’t believe it was suicide. | 就是我都不相信是自杀。 | 
| [38:29] | Hey, Bobby… | 嘿,Bobby。。。 | 
| [38:33] | You tried an incredible case. | 你做的已经很让人难以置信了 | 
| [38:36] | You got every one of their witnesses | 你让他们所有的证人都承认存在自杀的可能性。 | 
| [38:38] | to admit it could be suicide. | 你让他们所有的证人都承认存在自杀的可能性。 | 
| [38:41] | Plus, you offered another possible scenario | 另外,如果陪审团认为是他杀的话, | 
| [38:43] | if the jury is determined to conclude homicide. | 你也指出了另一种可能的设想。 | 
| [38:47] | I don’t question you at all. | 我完全不会质疑你的。 | 
| [38:58] | Jury’s back. | 陪审团做出裁决了。 | 
| [39:06] | JUDGE: The defendant will please rise. | 请被告起立 | 
| [39:11] | Madam Foreperson… | 陪审团主席女士。。。 | 
| [39:13] | the jury has reached a unanimous verdict? | 陪审团有一致裁决了吗? | 
| [39:16] | We have, Your Honor. What say you? | – 是的,法官大人 – 请宣读。 | 
| [39:20] | In the matter of Commonwealth of Massachusetts | 马萨诸塞州诉Katherine Dafoe一级谋杀罪名 | 
| [39:22] | vs. Katherine Dafoe on the charge of murder in the first degree, | 马萨诸塞州诉Katherine Dafoe一级谋杀罪名 | 
| [39:26] | we, the jury, find the defendant, Katherine Dafoe… | 陪审团裁决被告,Katherine Dafoe。。。 | 
| [39:31] | …guilty. | 。。。罪名成立。 | 
| [39:33] | JUDGE: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团先生们女士们, | 
| [39:34] | you are dismissed with the thanks of the court. | 你们可以解散了,法庭感谢你们。 | 
| [39:36] | We are adjourned. (gavel bangs) | 休庭。 | 
| [39:47] | We’ll appeal. | 我们会上诉的。 | 
| [39:49] | We’ll appeal. | 我们会上诉的。 | 
| [39:51] | We’ll appeal. | 我们会上诉的。 | 
| [40:47] | Are you in love with her, Bobby? | Bobby,你爱上她了吗? | 
| [40:52] | I’m not accusing you of being unfaithful. | 我不是在指责你不忠。 | 
| [40:56] | I trust you completely. | 我完全信任你。 | 
| [40:58] | It’s just, uh… | 只是,呃。。。 | 
| [41:01] | Sometimes people fall in love, whether they want to or not. | 有时人们会坠入爱河,不管他们是否愿意。 | 
| [41:08] | I’m not in love with her. | 我没有爱上她。 | 
| [41:14] | Something about her just… | 她只是。。。 | 
| [41:20] | …made me feel protective of her. | 。。。让我情不自禁要保护她。 | 
| [41:26] | And I’m devastated I lost. | 我输了,心里很不安。 | 
| [41:28] | There’s… | 这。。。 | 
| [41:39] | I’m in love with you. | 我是爱你的。 | 
| [41:46] | And only you. | 只有你。 | 
| [41:55] | We’re paid. | 我们买单走吧。 | 
| [42:07] | Would you be upset if I said I didn’t want you handling her appeal? | 如果我说我不想让你处理她的上诉,你会难过吗? | 
| [42:13] | Would you be upset if I said I had to? | 如果我说必须去做的话,你会难过吗? | 
| [42:18] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [42:20] | Okay, then, I won’t. | 那好,我就不做了。 | 
| [42:23] | There’s just something about her, Bobby. | Bobby,她有些特别。 | 
| [42:26] | I just don’t… want you with her. | 我就是不。。。不希望你和她在一起。 | 
| [42:30] | Then that’s that, then. | 那就这样吧。 | 
| [42:39] | I love you. | 我爱你。 | 
| [42:41] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你。 | 
| [42:44] | But I don’t feel like saying it tonight. | 但我今晚没心情说出来。 | 
| [42:49] | Come on. Let’s go home. | 来吧,回家吧。 |