| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | DOLE: Previously on The Practice… | 前集回顾未作翻译。。。 | 
| [00:03] | FRUTT: Mitchell, come on. | |
| [00:03] | I’m going to the favor bank here. | |
| [00:05] | I will give you anything. | |
| [00:07] | MITCH: Anything? Take off your shirt. | |
| [00:11] | So if I have sex with you, | |
| [00:13] | you’ll cut a deal? | |
| [00:14] | I am extremely sorry for my inappropriate behavior. | |
| [00:17] | Obviously any deal predicated on a sexual relationship | |
| [00:20] | is wrong and hereby off the table. | |
| [00:23] | FRUTT: You know, Mitchell, I am getting this | |
| [00:24] | sickening feeling that your offer | |
| [00:26] | wasn’t pulled because of conscience, | |
| [00:28] | but because I wouldn’t go for it. | |
| [00:30] | KITTLESON: Was sex put on the table | |
| [00:31] | as part of a plea bargain? | |
| [00:33] | Yes, by Ms. Frutt. | |
| [00:35] | FRUTT: You think that I would resort | |
| [00:37] | to making up this kind of story? | |
| [00:39] | KITTLESON: Ellenor, I’m inclined to believe you, | |
| [00:41] | but trust me when I advise you, | |
| [00:43] | let this drop. | |
| [00:44] | Don’t do any more cases with him. | |
| [00:47] | MITCHELL: We want you to offer Judge Fleming a bribe. | |
| [00:50] | Which brings you to me, is that right? | |
| [00:52] | You’d like to make a deal, too. | |
| [00:53] | If possible, Your Honor, yes. | |
| [00:56] | $10,000. | |
| [00:58] | Judge Charles Fleming? What’s going on? | |
| [00:59] | AGENT: You’re under arrest for accepting bribes. | |
| [01:01] | FLEMING: I have done nothing illicit. | |
| [01:02] | What I did do was expedite cases that came before me. | |
| [01:06] | If I benefited from such, well, then, so be it. | |
| [01:09] | You have cast out the dirty judge. | |
| [01:10] | Justice is restored. | |
| [01:13] | (gunshot) | |
| [01:18] | MAN: Hey, guys, here they are. WOMAN: Come on, let’s go. | – 嘿,伙计们,他们来了。 – 快点吧,我们上吧。 | 
| [01:21] | Mr. Young… | Youn先生。。。 | 
| [01:32] | YOUNG: That’s correct, Your Honor. | 没错,法官大人。 | 
| [01:33] | We are seeking an immediate modification | 我们正在争取立即修改法院先前发布的保释条件。 | 
| [01:35] | of the court’s previously issued conditions of release. | 我们正在争取立即修改法院先前发布的保释条件。 | 
| [01:38] | Yes. Just a moment. | 好,等一下。 | 
| [01:40] | $50,000 bail, the stay-away order | 50000美元保释金, | 
| [01:43] | forbidding contact with the wife or child, | 禁止接触妻子和孩子的限制令, | 
| [01:45] | and the suspension of any rights | 并暂停其做出针对有关孩子健康福利方面决定的权力。 | 
| [01:47] | to make health and welfare decisions | 并暂停其做出针对有关孩子健康福利方面决定的权力。 | 
| [01:49] | regarding that child. | 并暂停其做出针对有关孩子健康福利方面决定的权力。 | 
| [01:50] | Those rights shall reside with the mother. | 这些权力应由母亲享有。 | 
| [01:54] | This all seems equitable, | 鉴于你的当事人被指控罪名的严重性, | 
| [01:56] | given the seriousness of the crime | 鉴于你的当事人被指控罪名的严重性, | 
| [01:57] | with which your client has been charged. | 这些条件似乎全都是公平的, | 
| [01:59] | I’d ask you to consider the nightmare | 我想请您顾及到我当事人所经历的那场噩梦。 | 
| [02:02] | in which my client finds himself. | 我想请您顾及到我当事人所经历的那场噩梦。 | 
| [02:03] | GAMBLE: Your Honor, Mr. Goss created that nightmare | 法官大人,Goss先生使他的女儿陷入昏迷 | 
| [02:06] | by putting his daughter in a coma. | 从而一手制造了那场噩梦。 | 
| [02:08] | Mr. Goss is innocent. | Goss先生是无辜的。 | 
| [02:09] | He has been baby “M”‘s primary caregiver | 在他太太上班期间,他一直是这个婴儿的主要护理者。 | 
| [02:12] | while his wife worked, | 在他太太上班期间,他一直是这个婴儿的主要护理者。 | 
| [02:13] | and now his child is sick. | 而今他的孩子生病了。 | 
| [02:15] | YOUNG: But under this court order, | 但按照法庭的命令, | 
| [02:16] | he is neither permitted to see his child, | 他既不能被准许去看望他的孩子 | 
| [02:19] | nor to make critical medical decisions | 也不能做出那些事关她生死的关键的医疗决断。 | 
| [02:21] | that could determine whether she lives or dies. | 也不能做出那些事关她生死的关键的医疗决断。 | 
| [02:24] | Then you do understand my decision. | 看来你确实是领会了我所做出的决定。 | 
| [02:25] | YOUNG: The fact remains, | 事实仍然是, | 
| [02:27] | my client’s rights as a parent | 我的当事人作为父母的权力 | 
| [02:30] | should not be denied simply because | 不能因其被指控犯罪而予以剥夺。 | 
| [02:32] | he’s been charged with a crime. | 不能因其被指控犯罪而予以剥夺。 | 
| [02:33] | We’re going in circles here. | 我们就在这问题上兜圈子吧。 | 
| [02:35] | This father is requesting that every effort be made | 这位父亲在要求尽一切努力拯救他的孩子。 | 
| [02:38] | to save the life of his child. | 这位父亲在要求尽一切努力拯救他的孩子。 | 
| [02:39] | GAMBLE: He knows if his child dies, | 他知道如果孩子死了, | 
| [02:41] | he will be facing this jury on murder charges. | 他会面对一级谋杀罪名的指控。 | 
| [02:44] | This is about baby “M.” Where is your compassion? | 这是事关一个婴儿,你的同情心去哪儿了? | 
| [02:46] | I have no compassion for a man who beats an innocent child. | 我对一个伤害无辜婴儿的人不会有同情心的。 | 
| [02:49] | FREEMAN: All right, that’s enough. | 好吧,够了。 | 
| [02:52] | Till Mr. Goss is cleared of the charges made against him, | 直到Goss先生洗清对他的指控罪名前, | 
| [02:55] | I have no intention of endangering anyone. | 我不想危及到任何人。 | 
| [02:58] | FREEMAN: The court’s conditions for release, | 包括涉及到你的当事人不得见到他的妻子和孩子在内的 | 
| [03:00] | including those involving your client, | 包括涉及到你的当事人不得见到他的妻子和孩子在内的 | 
| [03:03] | to keep him away from seeing his wife and child stand. | 法庭保释条件维持成立。 | 
| [03:06] | FREEMAN: And if Mr. Goss refuses to abide | 如果Goss先生拒绝遵守那些条件, | 
| [03:08] | by those conditions, I’ll throw him in jail. | 我会把他关进监狱的。 | 
| [03:12] | Now, if there’s nothing else. | 现在,如果没有别的事的话。 | 
| [03:14] | Your Honor, may I approach? | 法官大人,我可以上前说话吗? | 
| [03:25] | For the record, I respectfully point out | 我要郑重表明我的观点, | 
| [03:27] | that you and the late Judge Fleming | 我恭敬地指出你和已故的Fleming法官是亲密的朋友。 | 
| [03:28] | were close friends. | 我恭敬地指出你和已故的Fleming法官是亲密的朋友。 | 
| [03:30] | I’d also make it clear that my partner, Bobby Donnell, | 我还要明确提出我的合伙人,Bobby Donnell, | 
| [03:33] | was recruited by the U. S. Attorney’s Office. | 是由司法部招募的。 | 
| [03:35] | And the fact that Judge Fleming took his own life | 实际上,Fleming法官 | 
| [03:37] | after his wrongdoings were uncovered, so– | 是在他的不法行为被揭露之后自杀的,所以。。。 | 
| [03:38] | What are you implying? | 你在暗示什么? | 
| [03:42] | The court’s duty is to set reasonable bail. | 法庭的职责是设定合理的保释条件。 | 
| [03:46] | And perhaps you have undue prejudice towards my client | 但也许因为你可能错误地认为Donnell先生 | 
| [03:49] | since you may wrongly assume that Mr. Donnell | 对Fleming法官的死负有某种责任, | 
| [03:51] | was somehow responsible for Judge Fleming’s death. | 而对我的客户有不适当的偏见。 | 
| [03:55] | I move that you recuse yourself. | 我提出要求你回避此案的动议。 | 
| [03:59] | Mr. Young, I lost a dear friend, | Young先生,我失去了一个亲密的朋友, | 
| [04:02] | and for that, I’m saddened. | 为此,我感到难过。 | 
| [04:04] | But hear me now, | 但现在我告诉你, | 
| [04:05] | don’t you ever walk into my courtroom | 你不能再在我的法庭上对我的正直有所冒犯。 | 
| [04:08] | and insult my integrity. | 你不能再在我的法庭上对我的正直有所冒犯。 | 
| [04:10] | Otherwise, I’ll find you in contempt so fast, | 否则的话,我会马上判你藐视法庭, | 
| [04:12] | your teeth will spin. | |
| [04:16] | Your motion is denied. | 你的动议被否决。 | 
| [04:19] | FREEMAN: We’re adjourned until tomorrow, | 休庭, | 
| [04:21] | when this trial will begin. | 明天开庭。 | 
| [04:32] | We’re taking a big chance. | 我们这可是在冒一个很大的风险。 | 
| [04:33] | Yeah, but now if we lose, | 对,但我们输了官司, | 
| [04:35] | we can raise the judge’s bias on appeal. | 我们就可以以法官有偏见为由提出上诉。 | 
| [04:37] | BERLUTI: This case is as ugly as it gets, | 这案子已经丑陋到极点了, | 
| [04:39] | and it just got a lot uglier. | 可居然还能变得更丑陋些了。 | 
| [05:31] | GAMBLE: Ellenor, wait. | Ellenor,等一下。 | 
| [05:34] | The assault case you’re handling this morning, | 你今天早上要处理的袭击案, | 
| [05:36] | my office is short-handed, | 我们部门人手不够, | 
| [05:37] | and I had to assign another A. D. A. | 我得安排给另一个助理检察官。 | 
| [05:39] | I don’t care who I’m up against. | 我和谁当对手无所谓。 | 
| [05:42] | It’s Mitchell Wheeler. | 是Mitchell Wheeler。 | 
| [05:45] | Helen, do I have to remind you | Helen,我需要提醒你吗? | 
| [05:47] | he offered my client a reduced sentence | 他以给我的当事人减刑为交换条件要看我的咪咪。 | 
| [05:49] | in exchange for a look at my breasts? | 他以给我的当事人减刑为交换条件要看我的咪咪。 | 
| [05:50] | GAMBLE: I know, and Judge Kittleson said | 我知道,而且Kittleson法官说 | 
| [05:52] | the two of you shouldn’t be trying cases together, | 你们俩不应在审理案件时碰上。 | 
| [05:54] | but I don’t have a choice. | 但我别无选择。 | 
| [05:55] | Well, obviously I don’t have a choice. | 算了吧,很显然是我别无选择。 | 
| [05:57] | GAMBLE: Ellenor, I promise, | Ellenor,我保证, | 
| [05:58] | If he so much as makes one single | 如果哪怕是只有一句不恰当的言论, | 
| [06:00] | inappropriate remark, or looks at you | 或者以任何疑似性骚扰的眼神看你, | 
| [06:02] | in any way that resembles sexual harassment, | 或者以任何疑似性骚扰的眼神看你, | 
| [06:04] | I will severely reprimand him. | 我会狠狠地教训他。 | 
| [06:06] | Yeah, I’m sure he’d like that | 是啊,我敢肯定如果包括打屁股这一项的话 | 
| [06:07] | if a spanking was part of the bargain. | 他会很开心的。 | 
| [06:17] | What matters is what the jury thinks. | 重要的是陪审团怎么想。 | 
| [06:19] | And trust me, they can’t see | 听我的话,不能让他们看到你现在这副表情。 | 
| [06:20] | the face I’m seeing now. | 听我的话,不能让他们看到你现在这副表情。 | 
| [06:22] | How can the judge forbid me | 法官怎么能禁止我和自己的女儿在一起? | 
| [06:23] | from being with my own daughter? | 法官怎么能禁止我和自己的女儿在一起? | 
| [06:25] | YOUNG: Tom, try and relax. | Tom,试着放松一下。 | 
| [06:27] | We’re doing all we can. | 我们在尽力而为。 | 
| [06:28] | Really, this is just the beginning. | 说真的,这只是开始。 | 
| [06:30] | Yesterday was worth a shot, | 昨天所做的是值得一试的, | 
| [06:31] | but the court didn’t budge. | 但法庭没有让步。 | 
| [06:33] | If your wife decides to disconnect | 如果你妻子决定在判决之前 | 
| [06:35] | Mary Beth’s life-support before the verdict, | 就停掉Mary Beth的呼吸机的话, | 
| [06:38] | you have to accept that– | 你也不得不接受。。。 | 
| [06:39] | TOM: Kelly won’t disconnect life-support. | Kelly不会停掉呼吸机的。 | 
| [06:45] | I received the prosecution’s witness list. | 我接到了控方的证人名单。 | 
| [06:51] | Your wife is on it, | 你妻子在名单上, | 
| [06:52] | And she’s testifying against you. | 她会做出对你不利的证词。 | 
| [06:55] | We have to cross-examine her. | 我们必须要对她进行交叉质询。 | 
| [06:58] | No. | 不行。 | 
| [07:00] | She’s been through hell already, | 她已经经历了巨大的痛苦, | 
| [07:02] | and I don’t want her going through any more. | 我不希望她再受罪了。 | 
| [07:04] | Tom, try to understand what– | Tom,你要理解。。。 | 
| [07:05] | I said no, dammit! | 我说了不行,妈的! | 
| [07:12] | You and I don’t know what your wife will say | 你和我都不知道你妻子在证人席上要说什么。 | 
| [07:14] | when she gets up there. | 你和我都不知道你妻子在证人席上要说什么。 | 
| [07:16] | And right now, you’re the one on trial. | 但现在,你才是那个被审判的人。 | 
| [07:20] | The only other person who could’ve put your baby | 唯一能使你的孩子进医院的别人是Kelly。 | 
| [07:22] | in the hospital is Kelly. | 唯一能使你的孩子进医院的别人是Kelly。 | 
| [07:25] | It’s either you or her. | 不是你就是她。 | 
| [07:28] | I need to go for a walk. | 我要出去走走。 | 
| [07:29] | Listen, Tom– Get out of my way! | - 听我说,Tom。。。 - 给我让开。 | 
| [07:37] | Eugene, I wasn’t trying to, uh… | Eugene,我不是想要。。。 | 
| [07:45] | Go for that walk. | 出去走走吧。 | 
| [07:49] | And I don’t wanna see you till you’ve calmed down. | 冷静下来之后再回来。 | 
| [08:11] | MITCH: Morning, Ellenor. Don’t talk to me. | - 早上好,Ellenor - 少搭理我。 | 
| [08:18] | And, Ms. Kim, what do you do in the cosmetics department? | Kim女士,你在化妆品部做什么? | 
| [08:22] | What’s your job? | 你的工作是做什么? | 
| [08:23] | I offer samples of perfume. | 我提供香水样品试用 | 
| [08:25] | MITCH: How do you offer those samples? | 你如何提供这些样品呢? | 
| [08:27] | With just a small spray. | 只是喷一点点雾。 | 
| [08:29] | That’s not how she doused me. | 她不是这样冲我喷的。 | 
| [08:30] | Ms. Macintosh. | Macintosh女士。 | 
| [08:32] | Well, perhaps you can demonstrate. | 那好,也许你可以示范一下。 | 
| [08:38] | A small spray. | 小喷雾剂 | 
| [08:40] | Like this. | 像这样。 | 
| [08:42] | MITCH: Ms. Kim, when you offered the defendant a sample, | Kim女士,当你给被告样品试用时, | 
| [08:45] | what happened? She became angry. | - 发生了什么? - 她变得很生气。 | 
| [08:48] | She told me to back off, | 他对我说一边去儿, | 
| [08:50] | then she knocked the bottle from my hand. | 然后她把瓶子从我手里打掉了。 | 
| [08:52] | It crashed to the floor, and glass went everywhere. | 掉到地上,玻璃到处都是。 | 
| [08:55] | I needed four stitches on my ankle. | 我的脚踝需要缝四针。 | 
| [08:57] | Would you indicate just who threatened you? | 你能指出是谁威胁你吗? | 
| [09:01] | There. | 在那儿。 | 
| [09:03] | MITCH: Thank you, Ms. Kim. Nothing further, Your Honor. | 谢谢你,Kim女士,我问完了,法官大人。 | 
| [09:09] | FRUTT: Ms. Kim, would you please step down? | Kim女士,可以请你站起来吗? | 
| [09:11] | Your Honor, with your permission, | 法官大人,如果您允许的话, | 
| [09:13] | I’d also ask that my client come forward as well. | 我也要请我的当事人上前。 | 
| [09:16] | Perhaps by reenacting what happened, | 也许通过对发生过的事情进行重演, | 
| [09:18] | the jury would get a better sense of what went on that day. | 陪审团会对那天发生的事情有更好的了解。 | 
| [09:20] | MITCH: Your Honor, the defendant hasn’t even testified yet. | 法官大人,被告还没有作证。 | 
| [09:23] | This is gonna confuse the jury. | 这会让陪审团感到困惑。 | 
| [09:24] | FRUTT: I’m only asking that the court | 我只是要求法庭 | 
| [09:25] | extend the same courtesy to my client | 在演示环节这一点上 | 
| [09:27] | insofar as a demonstration goes. | 对我的当事人展现出同样的礼遇。 | 
| [09:29] | Get at it, Ms. Frutt. | Frutt女士,那就快点吧。 | 
| [09:32] | Ms. Kim, if you will. | kim女士,如果你愿意的话。 | 
| [09:35] | Your testimony was that my client approached, | 你的证词是说我的当事人接近你, | 
| [09:38] | and for no apparent reason, she became belligerent. | 且在没有明显的原因情况下,她变得很好斗了。 | 
| [09:46] | FULTON: Bailiff! Bailiff! | 法警!法警! | 
| [09:48] | Order in the court! | 法庭内保持肃静 | 
| [09:50] | Order in this court! Order! | 法庭内保持肃静! | 
| [09:53] | Order in the court! | 法庭内保持肃静 | 
| [09:55] | Break it up! Break it up! Break it up! | 分开她们,分开她们!! | 
| [09:57] | FULTON: Order! Break it up! | 肃静!分开她们! | 
| [09:59] | Order in the court! Order in the court! | 法庭内保持肃静!! | 
| [10:08] | OFFICER: My partner and me, we got a call from dispatch | 我和我的搭档,我们接到了调度中心 | 
| [10:10] | of a baby in distress. | 有关一个婴儿遇险的通知。 | 
| [10:12] | When we arrived at the defendant’s apartment, | 当我们到达被告的公寓时, | 
| [10:14] | we rang the bell and we knocked on the door. | 我们按了门铃,接着敲了门。 | 
| [10:15] | Did the defendant respond? Yes. | – 被告有反应吗? – 有。 | 
| [10:18] | He said he wasn’t able to wake his baby from her nap. | 他说他不能把孩子从睡梦中叫醒。 | 
| [10:20] | In fact, he wasn’t even sure she was alive. | 实际上他甚至不确定她是不是还活着。 | 
| [10:22] | GAMBLE: How would you describe Mr. Goss’ demeanor at the time? | 你如何描述戈斯先生当时的举止行为? | 
| [10:25] | Well, he didn’t seem upset like you–like you normally expect. | 这个嘛,他似乎不。。。不像你通常会预料到的那么焦躁 | 
| [10:29] | Objection. | 反对。 | 
| [10:30] | FREEMAN: Sustained. | 反对有效。 | 
| [10:31] | Just tell us how the defendant appeared. | 只需告诉我们被告表现如何。 | 
| [10:34] | He was quiet, kind of detached. | 他很平静,有点冷漠。 | 
| [10:36] | GAMBLE: All right, what did you do next? | 好吧,你们接下来做了什么? | 
| [10:39] | OFFICER: Well, we were directed to the bedroom, | 我们直接去了卧室, | 
| [10:40] | where we found the infant lying faceup in her crib. | 我们发现婴儿脸朝上躺在她的床上。 | 
| [10:43] | She wasn’t breathing, and she appeared cyanotic. | 她没有了呼吸,看上去身上发紫。 | 
| [10:46] | Uh, she was bluish, meaning she had been | 呃,她身上呈蓝色,意味着她缺氧一段时间了。 | 
| [10:48] | without oxygen for some time. | 呃,她身上呈蓝色,意味着她缺氧一段时间了。 | 
| [10:49] | Her heart was beating? | 她的心脏在跳动吗? | 
| [10:50] | My partner found a very weak pulse while I was bagging. | 在我用呼吸气囊时,我的搭档发现脉搏很弱。 | 
| [10:53] | I was helping her to breathe. | 我那时正在帮助她恢复呼吸。 | 
| [10:55] | GAMBLE: During all this time, was there anyone else | 在这段时间里,还有其他人在公寓里吗? | 
| [10:57] | in the apartment? | 在这段时间里,还有其他人在公寓里吗? | 
| [10:58] | No, just Mr. Goss. | 没有,只有Goss先生。 | 
| [11:02] | Tom Goss called 911, correct? Yes. | – Tom Goss打的911,对吗? – 对。 | 
| [11:05] | So, then, obviously he cared about his daughter? | 那么,他显然是关心他的女儿的? | 
| [11:07] | Objection, speculation. Overruled. | – 反对,引导证人进行猜测。 – 反对无效。 | 
| [11:10] | It didn’t seem that he cared. | 他似乎并不在乎 | 
| [11:11] | YOUNG: Are you telling me that in all the time | 你是说你在做为一个急救员期间, | 
| [11:13] | you’ve been an EMT, | 你是说你在做为一个急救员期间, | 
| [11:15] | you’ve never witnessed anyone react | 从来没有看到有人和Goss先生的反应一样吗? | 
| [11:17] | the way Mr. Goss reacted? | 从来没有看到有人和Goss先生的反应一样吗? | 
| [11:18] | If my baby had stopped breathing, I don’t– | 如果我的孩子停止呼吸了,我不会。。。 | 
| [11:19] | But this wasn’t your baby. | 但这次不是你的孩子。 | 
| [11:23] | Isn’t it possible, believing his daughter was dead | 我的当事人以为女儿已经死了而处于惊骇中, | 
| [11:26] | that my client was in shock? | 没有这种可能吗? | 
| [11:27] | Okay, sure, but I was– | 好吧,当然有这种可能,但我。。。 | 
| [11:29] | Were there any signs of bruising? | 有没有瘀伤的迹象? | 
| [11:31] | I didn’t notice any. | 我没注意到 | 
| [11:32] | Any signs of abuse whatsoever? | 有任何虐待的迹象吗? | 
| [11:34] | OFFICER: Look, this was an emergency response. | 要知道,这是应急响应。 | 
| [11:36] | I was there to save a life. | 我去那儿是救人命的。 | 
| [11:37] | It would have been impossible for me | 我不可能每件事都注意到。 | 
| [11:39] | to notice everything. | 我不可能每件事都注意到。 | 
| [11:40] | That’s exactly my point. | 我就是这个意思。 | 
| [11:43] | Nothing further. | 没有问题要问了。 | 
| [11:47] | Prosecution calls Dr. Daniel Taylor, | 控方传唤Daniel Taylor医生, | 
| [11:49] | a Pediatric Care Specialist at Boston General. | 来自波士顿总医院的儿科护理专家。 | 
| [11:53] | TAYLOR: I’ve been at Boston General 22 years, | 我在波士顿总医院已经22年了, | 
| [11:55] | Chief of Pediatrics for 12. | 任儿科主任12年。 | 
| [11:58] | Were you involved in baby “M”‘s care? | 你参与了这个婴儿的护理吗? | 
| [12:00] | TAYLOR: From the beginning. | 从一开始。 | 
| [12:01] | She was born six weeks premature. | 她早产6周 | 
| [12:03] | GAMBLE: Did she suffer any complications | 她有什么因早产导致的并发症吗? | 
| [12:05] | as a result of her premature birth? | 她有什么因早产导致的并发症吗? | 
| [12:07] | Well, her cardiovascular, respiratory, | 她的心血管,呼吸机能, | 
| [12:10] | and even neurological systems were all underdeveloped, | 甚至神经系统都未发育好, | 
| [12:13] | but I expected her to mature | 但我希望她成熟发育为一个健康的孩子 | 
| [12:15] | into a healthy child. | 但我希望她成熟发育为一个健康的孩子 | 
| [12:16] | How many times did baby “M” visit your office? | 这个婴儿去过你的办公室多少次? | 
| [12:19] | Over eight months, about sixteen times. | 超过八个多月期间,大约十六次。 | 
| [12:22] | GAMBLE: Who would bring her? | 谁带她来的? | 
| [12:24] | Almost always Mr. Goss. | 差不都总是Goss先生。 | 
| [12:25] | In about the third month, | 大约在第三个月, | 
| [12:28] | I started seeing indications | 我开始看到一些不对劲儿的迹象。 | 
| [12:29] | that something was wrong. | 我开始看到一些不对劲儿的迹象。 | 
| [12:31] | And on one visit, | 有一次来的时候, | 
| [12:33] | I noticed that the baby’s left leg was bruised. | 我注意到孩子的左腿擦伤了。 | 
| [12:36] | GAMBLE: Did you ask Mr. Goss about it? | 你就此问过Goss先生吗? | 
| [12:38] | TAYLOR: He thought perhaps she had rolled | 他觉得是孩子翻身的时候碰到了婴儿床的边儿。 | 
| [12:40] | against the side of her crib. | 他觉得是孩子翻身的时候碰到了婴儿床的边儿。 | 
| [12:42] | There had been no bruising before that incident, | 在那件事之前没有过擦伤, | 
| [12:44] | so I didn’t think much about it. | 所以我没太多想。 | 
| [12:46] | Was there a second incident? | 这事发生过第二次吗? | 
| [12:48] | Sidebar, Your Honor? | 请求上前商议,法官大人。 | 
| [12:49] | Quickly. | 来吧。 | 
| [12:55] | We’ve been over this pretrial. | 我们在预审时已经讨论过这个问题了。 | 
| [12:57] | She can’t bring up the prior bruises. | 她不能提起先前的擦伤。 | 
| [12:58] | There’s no evidence linking them to my client. | 没有证据表明那些和我的客户有关。 | 
| [13:01] | It’s prejudicial. | 这样会导致偏见。 | 
| [13:02] | This is the treating physician, | 这是一个负责治疗的医生, | 
| [13:03] | an expert witness who can testify | 一个能证明其观点是基于什么的专家证人。 | 
| [13:05] | what he based his opinion on. | 一个能证明其观点是基于什么的专家证人。 | 
| [13:06] | You’ve got no proof and no connection to my client. | 你没有针对我的当事人与此有关的证据。 | 
| [13:09] | He can explain his opinion. It’s prejudicial. | – 他可以解释他的观点 – 这就会导致偏见。 | 
| [13:12] | GAMBLE: Oh, come on, what is it, Eugene? | 噢,算了吧,这算什么,Eugene? | 
| [13:13] | You afraid the jury’s gonna see your client | 你怕陪审团会发现你的当事人是个恶棍吗? | 
| [13:15] | for the lowlife he is? | 你怕陪审团会发现你的当事人是个恶棍吗? | 
| [13:16] | FREEMAN: Enough. | 别吵了。 | 
| [13:17] | I’m going to give the jury a limiting instruction | 我准许这个系列的提问,但会给陪审团一个限制性的指示, | 
| [13:20] | and permit this line of questioning, | 我准许这个系列的提问,但会给陪审团一个限制性的指示, | 
| [13:22] | for a while, Ms. Gamble, but you’re on a short leash. | 是暂且准许,Gamble女士,而且你要小心控制自己。 | 
| [13:25] | That’s crap, and you know it. | 这是废话,你心里清楚。 | 
| [13:28] | You better check your emotions, Counselor. | 你最好冷静下来,律师。 | 
| [13:32] | Whatever your personal animus might be towards me, | 不管你对我个人有什么敌意, | 
| [13:35] | you’re not acting in the best interest of your client. | 你的行为不符合你当事人的最大利益。 | 
| [13:38] | I suggest that you get a grip | 我建议你在进一步危害他之前控制住你自己 | 
| [13:39] | before you jeopardize him even further. | 我建议你在进一步危害他之前控制住你自己 | 
| [13:44] | Let me help you. | 让我来帮你吧。 | 
| [13:47] | Take a recess. | 暂时休庭。 | 
| [14:04] | She’ll be fine. | 她会没事的。 | 
| [14:06] | In fact, probably a little bit richer | 实际上可能还有好处。 | 
| [14:07] | since the prosecution’s witness flipped out on her. | 因为控方证人对她发火了。 | 
| [14:09] | Why were charges filed in the first place? | 最初为什么要提出指控? | 
| [14:12] | Because the woman is off her nut, | 因为那女人疯了, | 
| [14:14] | and Mitchell Wheeler is a horse’s ass. | 而Mitchell Wheeler又是个蠢货。 | 
| [14:23] | What do you want? | 你想干什么? | 
| [14:25] | Two minutes. | 就给我两分钟 | 
| [14:27] | Please. | 拜托了。 | 
| [14:38] | You’ve got one minute. | 给你一分钟。 | 
| [14:41] | When I offered to reduce your client’s sentence | 我以给你当事人减刑为名提出要看你胸的时候, | 
| [14:43] | to see your breasts, | 我以给你当事人减刑为名提出要看你胸的时候, | 
| [14:45] | I not only obstructed justice, | 我不仅仅是妨碍司法, | 
| [14:47] | I hurt you. | 我也伤害了你。 | 
| [14:48] | We were friends. | 我们是朋友。 | 
| [14:52] | I don’t think you realize just how much you hurt me. | 我想你没有意识到你是多么地伤了我。 | 
| [14:54] | MITCH: You accused me in front of Judge Kittleson. | 你在Kittleson法官面前指指控我。 | 
| [14:56] | I was blindsided. | 我被搞得措手不及。 | 
| [14:57] | Uh, all I could think to do was accuse you. | 呃,我能想到的就是反咬你一口。 | 
| [14:59] | This isn’t sounding like an apology, Mitchell. | Mitchell,这听起来不像是道歉。 | 
| [15:01] | Try to understand, | 试想一下, | 
| [15:02] | it was either embarrass you, or get disbarred. | 要么是让你难堪,要么就是我被取消律师资格。 | 
| [15:05] | You made the wrong choice. | 你做出了错误的选择。 | 
| [15:06] | I know. | 我知道。 | 
| [15:08] | And if I could do it all over again, | 如果我能再来一次的, | 
| [15:09] | I’d own up to my behavior. | 我会承认我的错误行为。 | 
| [15:13] | Ellenor… | |
| [15:15] | I’m sorry I hurt you, | 我很抱歉伤害了你。 | 
| [15:18] | and I hope that someday you’re able to forgive me. | 我盼着有一天你会原谅我。 | 
| [15:22] | Um, if you want to speak to Judge Kittleson, | 呃,如果你想和Kittleson谈谈, | 
| [15:24] | then I’ll back you up. | 我会支持你的。 | 
| [15:28] | Do not make this my responsibility. | 别把这搞成是我的责任。 | 
| [15:33] | I don’t even know why I’m listening. | 我甚至都不知道为什么要听你说这些。 | 
| [15:35] | You accused and humiliated me in open court, | 你当庭指责和羞辱我, | 
| [15:39] | and then crushed me | 然后用一句我需要心理辅导, | 
| [15:40] | by suggesting I needed psychological help. | 使我精神都崩溃了。 | 
| [15:46] | You are a real bastard. | 你是个真正的混蛋。 | 
| [15:55] | (sighs) | |
| [16:15] | I don’t want you asking me if I’m okay. | 我不希望你来问我是不是没事。 | 
| [16:19] | All right | 那好吧。 | 
| [16:22] | GAMBLE: So, Doctor, it was your phone call | 那么,医生,是你给社会福利部门打电话 | 
| [16:24] | to Social Services that resulted | 那么,医生,是你给社会福利部门打电话 | 
| [16:26] | in the defendant’s arrest? | 导致被告被捕吗? | 
| [16:27] | TAYLOR: Yes. There was a second incident. | 是的,那是第二次事件。 | 
| [16:30] | This time, there was a more pronounced set of bruises. | 这一次,有一组更明显的瘀伤。 | 
| [16:34] | GAMBLE: What did the defendant say? | 被告怎么说的? | 
| [16:36] | He made no explanation | 他没解释才让我感到担心。 | 
| [16:38] | and that concerned me. | 他没解释才让我感到担心。 | 
| [16:40] | I made a notation in the file | 我在档案上作了记号 | 
| [16:41] | and said I wanted to see baby “M” after one week | 我说一周而不是通常的两周后想看看这个婴儿。 | 
| [16:44] | instead of the usual two. | 我说一周而不是通常的两周后想看看这个婴儿。 | 
| [16:46] | Unfortunately, that appointment | 不幸的是,那个预约没有如约进行。 | 
| [16:48] | was never kept. | 不幸的是,那个预约没有如约进行。 | 
| [16:50] | GAMBLE: Please tell the jury why. | 请告诉陪审团那是为什么。 | 
| [16:51] | TAYLOR: Baby “M” was rushed to the hospital | 婴儿在预约日前就被送到医院了。 | 
| [16:53] | before that day arrived. | 婴儿在预约日前就被送到医院了。 | 
| [16:55] | When I was notified, | 我一得到通知, | 
| [16:56] | I went immediately to the emergency room myself. | 就立即亲自赶去急诊室。 | 
| [16:58] | You can imagine what I felt | 你可以想象到我看到那个婴儿差点被谋杀时的感受。 | 
| [17:00] | when I saw that this child | 你可以想象到我看到那个婴儿差点被谋杀时的感受。 | 
| [17:01] | had nearly been murdered. | 你可以想象到我看到那个婴儿差点被谋杀时的感受。 | 
| [17:02] | Objection, move to strike. | 反对,请求排除证词。 | 
| [17:04] | FREEMAN: Sustained. The jury will disregard. | 反对有效,陪审团请予以忽略。 | 
| [17:07] | Just tell us what you observed. | 只需告诉你所看到的即可。 | 
| [17:09] | We did a C. T. scan, | 我们做了CT扫描, | 
| [17:11] | which showed severe swelling of the brain, | 显示出大脑严重肿胀, | 
| [17:13] | the kind of swelling we’d expect | 是当孩子被剧烈摇晃后会出现的那种肿胀。 | 
| [17:15] | when a child is shaken violently. | 是当孩子被剧烈摇晃后会出现的那种肿胀。 | 
| [17:17] | In addition, baby “M”‘s arms were bruised, | 另外,婴儿的胳膊有瘀伤, | 
| [17:20] | consistent with being held tightly in that area. | 与相应部位被紧紧夹住的情况吻合。 | 
| [17:23] | But most telling was the bilateral | 但最能说明问题的是双侧视网膜出血。 | 
| [17:26] | retinal hemorrhaging. | 但最能说明问题的是双侧视网膜出血。 | 
| [17:27] | What would cause the hemorrhaging? | 因何会引起这样的出血? | 
| [17:29] | TAYLOR: In an infant? Aggressive shaking. | 指婴儿时期吗?是剧烈的摇晃。 | 
| [17:32] | The force of such movement | 这种晃动的力量足以造成伤害。 | 
| [17:33] | is more than enough to cause injury. | 这种晃动的力量足以造成伤害。 | 
| [17:35] | It’s my medical opinion that baby “M” | 以我的医学观点,这个婴儿差点被摇死。 | 
| [17:38] | was shaken almost to death. | 以我的医学观点,这个婴儿差点被摇死。 | 
| [17:40] | GAMBLE: Is there any way to determine | 有什么方法确定事发的时间? | 
| [17:41] | when the incident occurred? | 有什么方法确定事发的时间? | 
| [17:43] | Not with precision, but based on my experience, | 不能做到精确,但以我的经验, | 
| [17:45] | it’s my opinion that this occurred | 我认为是发生在婴儿被送到医院前12个小时内。 | 
| [17:47] | no more than 12 hours | 我认为是发生在婴儿被送到医院前12个小时内。 | 
| [17:49] | prior to baby “M”‘s arrival at the hospital. | 我认为是发生在婴儿被送到医院前12个小时内。 | 
| [17:52] | Did you mention that to Mr. Goss? | 你和Goss先生提起过这个吗? | 
| [17:54] | TAYLOR: Yes. He said it was impossible, | 提过,他说那不可能, | 
| [17:56] | that the baby hadn’t been out of his sight all day. | 这个婴儿全天都没有离开过他的视线。 | 
| [18:02] | YOUNG: Dr. Taylor… | Taylor医生。。。 | 
| [18:03] | isn’t it possible that this child’s injuries occurred | 这个婴儿受的伤 | 
| [18:06] | a full 72 hours prior | 有没有可能是在她被送到医院前72小时之内造成的 | 
| [18:09] | to her arrival at the hospital? | 有没有可能是在她被送到医院前72小时之内造成的 | 
| [18:11] | That’s extremely unlikely. | 这是极不可能的。 | 
| [18:13] | The question is whether it’s possible. | 我问的是这是否有可能。 | 
| [18:16] | Shaken baby syndrome can manifest itself | 婴儿被摇晃后, | 
| [18:18] | up to three full days | 到综合症能表现出来时间可多达三整天,对吧? | 
| [18:20] | after the baby’s been shaken, correct? | 到综合症能表现出来时间可多达三整天,对吧? | 
| [18:22] | That’s very rare. | 这很罕见。 | 
| [18:24] | YOUNG: But you don’t have any idea | 但你并不知道在危机出现前的三天内 | 
| [18:25] | who handled that baby in the three days | 但你并不知道在危机出现前的三天内 | 
| [18:27] | before the crisis, do you? | 谁碰过那个婴儿,对吧? | 
| [18:28] | No, I don’t. | 对,我不知道。 | 
| [18:29] | YOUNG: You claim you saw bruising | 你说你看见婴儿的腿上有瘀伤, | 
| [18:31] | on the child’s leg, | 你说你看见婴儿的腿上有瘀伤, | 
| [18:32] | and even more pronounced bruises | 并且接下来的几次你看到了更明显的瘀伤。 | 
| [18:34] | on the next several visits. | 并且接下来的几次你看到了更明显的瘀伤。 | 
| [18:35] | TAYLOR: Yes, and as I’m sure you know, | 对,我相信你是知道的。 | 
| [18:37] | you can find those noted in her chart. | 你可以发现这些已经记录在她的病历表里。 | 
| [18:39] | YOUNG: If you’d become so concerned, | 如果你这么担心, | 
| [18:41] | why didn’t you notify Social Services | 你为何不在紧急事件发生之前就通知社会福利机构? | 
| [18:43] | prior to the date of the emergency? | 你为何不在紧急事件发生之前就通知社会福利机构? | 
| [18:45] | I wish to God I had. | 我真希望我那么做了。 | 
| [18:47] | But at the time, I couldn’t be sure of abuse. | 但当时,我不能确定有虐待行为。 | 
| [18:50] | YOUNG: Yes, but you aren’t any more sure now | 是啊,但你现在更不太确定了吧。 | 
| [18:51] | than you were then. | 是啊,但你现在更不太确定了吧。 | 
| [18:52] | Those bruises were consistent | Young先生,那些瘀伤是与虐待行为相吻合的 | 
| [18:53] | with abuse, Mr. Young. | Young先生,那些瘀伤是与虐待行为相吻合的 | 
| [18:55] | When I arrived at the hospital to evaluate the baby, | 当我到医院对婴儿进行诊断时, | 
| [18:58] | I had no doubt whatsoever she was shaken. | 我毫不怀疑她被摇晃过。 | 
| [19:01] | And you know that because you saw the swelling of the brain | 你之所以那么认为 | 
| [19:04] | as well as the retinal hemorrhaging? | 是因为你看到脑部的肿胀和视网膜出血? | 
| [19:05] | TAYLOR: That’s correct. Well, couldn’t the swelling | – 没错。 – 那好,是否这种肿胀 | 
| [19:07] | have been caused | 是由于脑动脉瘤导致的? | 
| [19:08] | by a cerebral aneurysm? | 是由于脑动脉瘤导致的? | 
| [19:10] | I conducted a C. T. scan. | 我做了一次CT扫描。 | 
| [19:11] | I would have seen an aneurysm on that scan. | 我本应能看到动脉瘤的。 | 
| [19:14] | What’s more, an aneurysm alone | 更重要的是,单纯的动脉瘤 | 
| [19:15] | wouldn’t explain retinal hemorrhaging. | 不能解释为何有视网膜出血。 | 
| [19:17] | YOUNG: Isn’t it possible, if not likely | 即使不太可能,但是不是有可能是 | 
| [19:20] | that a loving father, in shock | 一个有爱心的父亲 | 
| [19:21] | upon seeing that his child isn’t breathing, | 看到自己的孩子没有呼吸而产生震惊, | 
| [19:24] | might lift up that child and try reviving her, | 可能会把孩子抱起来尽力让她苏醒过来, | 
| [19:28] | and in that moment of fear, | 而在那种恐惧的时刻, | 
| [19:29] | produce the retinal hemorrhaging | 产生了你所说的那种视网膜出血? | 
| [19:31] | of which you’re talking about? | 产生了你所说的那种视网膜出血? | 
| [19:32] | I highly doubt that. | 我对此非常怀疑。 | 
| [19:33] | YOUNG: You may doubt it, but the fact is, | 你可以对此怀疑,但事实是, | 
| [19:35] | you don’t know to a medical certainty when this happened. | 你不能从医学上确定何时事发。 | 
| [19:38] | And unless you were there, you don’t know who, | 而且除非你在现场,你也不知道谁应负责, | 
| [19:41] | if anyone, is responsible. | 如果有人要对此负责的话。 | 
| [19:43] | Objection, argumentative. | 反对,争论性问题。 | 
| [19:44] | Overruled. | 反对驳回。 | 
| [19:45] | This could have been an accident. | 这本可能是个意外。 | 
| [19:46] | This was not an accident. | 这不是意外。 | 
| [19:48] | Then for all you know, Doctor, | 那么,医生,你不知道的是, | 
| [19:49] | Mrs. Goss is the one who harmed her child. | Goss夫人是一个伤害他孩子的人。 | 
| [19:52] | Kelly would never hurt our daughter! | Kelly绝不会伤害我们的女儿的! | 
| [19:54] | Please, don’t listen to them! | 拜托!别听他们胡扯! | 
| [19:55] | Mr. Goss, sit down! | Goss先生,坐下! | 
| [19:57] | I told them you couldn’t have done this! | 我跟他们说了,你不会那样做的! | 
| [19:58] | Mr. Goss! We love our daughter! | – Goss先生! – 我们爱我们的女儿! | 
| [20:00] | Why won’t you believe me?! | 为什么你们不相信我呢?! | 
| [20:02] | WASHINGTON: Tom, sit down. | Tom,坐下。 | 
| [20:08] | Sit down. | 坐下。 | 
| [20:21] | If anyone’s got an idea, don’t hold back now. | 如果有人有什么主意,现在就别掖着了。 | 
| [20:24] | The wife ran from the courtroom? | 那妻子跑出法庭了? | 
| [20:26] | She’s afraid of her husband, | 他害怕他的丈夫, | 
| [20:27] | that’s what the jury’s gonna think, anyway. | 不管怎样,陪审团会那么想的。 | 
| [20:29] | Didn’t Eugene cut down the paramedic | Eugene没有搞定那个医护人员并 | 
| [20:31] | and make good points with the Doctor? | 在质询医生时占上风吗? | 
| [20:32] | YOUNG: He’s Chief of Pediatrics, Jimmy, | 他是儿科的主任,Jimmy | 
| [20:34] | not some intern. | 不是实习医生。 | 
| [20:35] | He was effective. | 他作证很有作用。 | 
| [20:36] | And any points I made were forgotten | 我建立起的所有观点都在Tom失控那一刻前功尽弃了。 | 
| [20:38] | when Tom lost control. | 我建立起的所有观点都在Tom失控那一刻前功尽弃了。 | 
| [20:39] | Is it really that bad? | 有那么糟吗? | 
| [20:41] | It’s not good. | 情况不妙。 | 
| [20:42] | And right now, Tom Goss is our biggest problem. | 而现在,Tom Goss是我们最大的麻烦。 | 
| [20:45] | Why not have him testify? | 为什么不让他作证呢? | 
| [20:47] | YOUNG: That’s not an option. He’s too unpredictable. | 想都别想,他太难以捉摸了。 | 
| [20:49] | Okay. So who do they have next? | 那好吧,他们下一个证人是谁? | 
| [20:50] | YOUNG: The wife. Rebecca, you ready? | 是他妻子,Rebecca,你准备好进行交叉盘问了吗? | 
| [20:52] | I’ll do what I can. | 我会尽力的。 | 
| [20:53] | DONNELL: Rebecca, we need this. | Rebecca,这对我们很重要。 | 
| [20:55] | I understand, but Tom is still the key. | 我明白,但关键还是在于Tom。 | 
| [20:59] | If he won’t give us anything to attack her with on cross, | 如果他不能在针对他妻子的交叉盘问上给我们提供帮助, | 
| [21:01] | he’s going to prison. | 他就会去坐牢了。 | 
| [21:15] | Are you stalking me now? | 你现在是在跟踪我吗? | 
| [21:18] | I need to speak with you. | 我需要和你谈谈。 | 
| [21:20] | I’ve been standing outside for over an hour. | 我在外面站了一个多小时了。 | 
| [21:23] | You’re pathetic, you know that? | 你真可悲,你知道吗? | 
| [21:28] | Come in and warm up before I kick you out. | 在我把你踢出去之前进来暖和一下吧。 | 
| [21:41] | MITCH: The cops did a more thorough background check. | 警察做了更彻底的背景调查。 | 
| [21:44] | Seems Catherine Kim’s been involved | Catherine Kim似乎是涉及到之前两起类似的案件中。 | 
| [21:46] | in two similar incidents prior to this one. | Catherine Kim似乎是涉及到之前两起类似的案件中。 | 
| [21:48] | I’ve advised my client to sue. | 我已经建议我的当事人进行起诉。 | 
| [21:53] | What you said this afternoon, | 你下午说的, | 
| [21:56] | I want you to know I heard you. | 我想让你知道我听懂了。 | 
| [22:01] | But I also want you to know, | 但我也想让你知道, | 
| [22:04] | immediately after what happened in Kittleson’s courtroom, | 在Kittleson主持的法庭上发生的事情之后, | 
| [22:08] | I started to take stock of myself. | 我开始审视自己。 | 
| [22:15] | My divorce is final in three weeks. | 我的离婚三周内就办完。 | 
| [22:18] | This is my last case with the D. A.’s office. | 这是我在地检的最后一个案子了。 | 
| [22:20] | I quit today. | 我今天辞职了。 | 
| [22:24] | If I– | 如果我。。。 | 
| [22:27] | if I was capable | 如果我能用减刑为条件来向你求欢, | 
| [22:29] | of propositioning you | 如果我能用减刑为条件来向你求欢, | 
| [22:31] | in exchange for a lighter sentence, | 如果我能用减刑为条件来向你求欢, | 
| [22:34] | I mean if I was able to betray | 我是说如果我能背弃那样亲密的友情, | 
| [22:36] | our close friendship like that, | 我是说如果我能背弃那样亲密的友情, | 
| [22:37] | then I needed to examine my life. | 那我就需要审视我的生活。 | 
| [22:43] | Ellenor… | |
| [22:48] | I am so… | 我十分。。。 | 
| [22:50] | so sorry. | 十分对不起你。 | 
| [23:27] | GAMBLE: Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you. | 哦,对不起。我不是故意要吓你。 | 
| [23:30] | It’s okay. You just left court so quickly. | – 没关系。 – 你这么快就离开了法庭。 | 
| [23:32] | I thought I’d find you here. | 我想我会在这里找到你。 | 
| [23:35] | Is there anything I can do to help? | 有什么事我能帮忙吗? | 
| [23:38] | Would you sit here with me? | 你能坐在这里陪我吗? | 
| [23:41] | You don’t need to stay long. Just– | 你不需要呆太久。只要。。。 | 
| [23:42] | Of course. | 当然可以。 | 
| [23:50] | I keep hearing Dr. Taylor | 我一直听Taylor医生说 | 
| [23:53] | about how Mary Beth will probably | 我一直听Taylor医生说 | 
| [23:55] | never walk… | Mary Beth可能永远也不能走路或者说话了。。。 | 
| [23:57] | or talk. | Mary Beth可能永远也不能走路或者说话了。。。 | 
| [23:59] | Is that a life? | 那算是一种生活吗? | 
| [24:03] | God, maybe things would have been different | 天哪,也许事情不会这样的 | 
| [24:05] | if I had just… | 如果我。。。 | 
| [24:07] | GAMBLE: Look, you can’t blame yourself | 你不要因为你的女儿陷入昏迷而责备自己。 | 
| [24:09] | for your daughter being in a coma. | 你不要因为你的女儿陷入昏迷而责备自己。 | 
| [24:15] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办。 | 
| [24:17] | GAMBLE: Well, right now there’s no reason to do anything. | 现在没有理由去做任何事。 | 
| [24:20] | If I take her off the respirator– | 如果我停掉她的呼吸机。。。 | 
| [24:22] | I’m suggesting you wait. | 我建议你等一等。 | 
| [24:25] | Should I talk to Tom? | 我可以和Tom谈谈吗? | 
| [24:28] | You can’t. | 不行。 | 
| [24:30] | There’s a restraining order. | 有限制令。 | 
| [24:33] | What’s wrong? | 怎么回事? | 
| [24:35] | What’s happening? What’s happening? | 什么情况?什么情况? | 
| [24:36] | Somebody get a doctor! | 谁去叫医生来! | 
| [24:37] | Somebody, please! | 谁去叫医生!快! | 
| [24:39] | Help my baby! | – 救救我的宝贝! | 
| [24:44] | Oh, what’s happening? | 什么情况? | 
| [24:46] | What’s happening? | 什么情况? | 
| [26:01] | The most bizarre thing just happened. | 刚刚发生了最怪异的事情, | 
| [26:03] | I thought I saw Mitchell Wheeler | 我觉得我看到了Mitchell Wheeler | 
| [26:05] | running out of here half-dressed. | 衣衫不整地从这里跑出去。 | 
| [26:07] | That was Mitchell and I know what you’re gonna say. | 那就是Mitchell,我也知道你要说啥。 | 
| [26:10] | I don’t know what I’m going to say. | 我不知道我要说啥。 | 
| [26:12] | I know. It seems crazy. | 我知道。似乎是疯了。 | 
| [26:16] | I was in love with Mitchell all through college. | 我整个大学期间都和Mitchell相爱。 | 
| [26:18] | We were really close | 我们非常亲密 | 
| [26:21] | and we studied together. | 我们一起学习。 | 
| [26:22] | We slept on each other’s couches. | 我们睡在彼此的沙发上。 | 
| [26:24] | He flirted with me all the time. | 他总是和我调情。 | 
| [26:27] | But he never– | 但他从未。。。 | 
| [26:29] | he always had some trophy girl on his arm | 他总是带着一些花瓶般的女孩子, | 
| [26:33] | and then… | 然后。。。 | 
| [26:36] | last night it was just | 昨晚,涉及到很多事情。 | 
| [26:39] | about so many things. | 昨晚,涉及到很多事情。 | 
| [26:41] | Validation for all of those years | 证明我这么多年爱他是有价值的。 | 
| [26:44] | that I loved him | 证明我这么多年爱他是有价值的。 | 
| [26:46] | and he made me feel desirable | 而且他让我觉得自己或许是有吸引力的。。。 | 
| [26:49] | that maybe… | 而且他让我觉得自己或许是有吸引力的。。。 | 
| [26:50] | something like this is possible for me. | 对我而言像是可能有的。 | 
| [26:56] | But honestly… | 但说实话。。。 | 
| [26:59] | I have no idea what I’m doing. | 我不知道我在做什么。 | 
| [27:04] | If it’s what you wanted, | 如果那是你所希望的, | 
| [27:07] | I’m happy for you. | 我为你感到高兴。 | 
| [27:10] | But, Ellenor, after what he did to you, | 但是,Ellenor,以后他对你做些什么, | 
| [27:16] | it’s none of my business. | 我就管不着了。 | 
| [27:28] | Your wife was right there with her. | 你妻子就在那儿陪着她。 | 
| [27:30] | Mary Beth? She’s all right? | Mary Beth怎么样?她安全了吗? | 
| [27:31] | She’s fine. It was a small seizure. | 她没事了。是脑部病症的一次小发作。 | 
| [27:33] | I wanna see my daughter. | 我要见我的女儿。 | 
| [27:35] | The judge can’t do this. | 法官不能那样做。 | 
| [27:36] | It is unfair to Mary Beth or Kelly. | 这对Mary Beth或者Kelly都是不公平的。 | 
| [27:42] | I need to testify. | 我要去作证。 | 
| [27:44] | I wanna tell my side of what happened. | 我要把我的说法讲出来。 | 
| [27:46] | You did damage to yourself in court yesterday. | 你昨天在庭上已经让自己受损了。 | 
| [27:48] | The jury won’t forget that. | 陪审团不会忽略那些的。 | 
| [27:49] | What better reason for them to hear | 还有什么比让他们听到我必须做出的解释 | 
| [27:51] | what I have to say to explain– | 更好的理由吗。。。 | 
| [27:52] | YOUNG: Explain what? | 你要解释什么呢? | 
| [27:54] | How you lose control | 解释你是如何 | 
| [27:56] | with your wife, with me, | 对你妻子、对我、还有对你女儿失控吗? | 
| [27:58] | with your daughter? | 对你妻子、对我、还有对你女儿失控吗? | 
| [28:04] | How can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说呢? | 
| [28:06] | Right now, nobody’s gonna believe you. | 现在,没有人会相信你的。 | 
| [28:10] | It’s your decision. | 由你来决定。 | 
| [28:12] | But my advice is you sit in that court | 但我的忠告是你该老老实实坐在法庭上。 | 
| [28:15] | and keep quiet. | 但我的忠告是你该老老实实坐在法庭上。 | 
| [28:27] | The D. A. is putting your wife | 检察官今天要让你妻子出庭作证。 | 
| [28:29] | on the stand today. | 检察官今天要让你妻子出庭作证。 | 
| [28:31] | Tom, I have to cross-examine her. | Tom,我必须要对她交叉盘问。 | 
| [28:35] | No. | 不行。 | 
| [28:37] | You wanna cross-examine Kelly | 你想要对Kelly交叉盘问 | 
| [28:40] | and suggest that the mother of my child | 并暗示我孩子的母亲要对此负责。 | 
| [28:43] | is responsible for what happened. | 并暗示我孩子的母亲要对此负责。 | 
| [28:50] | Tom, did you hurt your baby? | Tom,你伤害了你的孩子吗? | 
| [28:55] | No. | 没有。 | 
| [28:57] | Can you look me in the eye | 你能看着我的眼睛告诉我不是你妻子做的吗? | 
| [28:59] | and tell me your wife didn’t? | 你能看着我的眼睛告诉我不是你妻子做的吗? | 
| [29:11] | Then you owe it to your child | 那你就看在你的孩子份上, | 
| [29:14] | to allow us to try and find out the truth. | 让我们去试着找出事实真相吧。 | 
| [29:22] | Donnell, Young, Dole, and Frutt. | Donnell, Young, Dole和Frutt事务所。。。 | 
| [29:24] | Yeah, just one moment. | 好的,稍等。 | 
| [29:25] | It’s the doctor from Boston General | 波士顿总医院的那个医生给你回的电话。 | 
| [29:27] | returning your call. | 波士顿总医院的那个医生给你回的电话。 | 
| [29:28] | Oh great. Hi. | 太好了,嗨。 | 
| [29:30] | Hello? | 喂? | 
| [29:30] | Hi, thanks for calling me back. | 嗨,谢谢你回电话。 | 
| [29:33] | Yeah, he’s sitting right here. | 是的,他就在这儿。 | 
| [29:35] | Oh, good, great. | 噢,太好了。 | 
| [29:36] | What were you able to find out? Uh-huh. | 你们能发现什么? | 
| [29:39] | Hey, Zoe. | 嗨,Zoe。 | 
| [29:40] | Your nanny canceled, too? | 你的保姆也没有来? | 
| [29:42] | Yeah, five car accidents | 是呀,五起车祸, | 
| [29:43] | got the Fitzgerald backed up to Brooklyn. | 使得Fitzgerald回布鲁克林区了。 | 
| [29:45] | I told her not to bother. | 我已经告诉她不用麻烦了。 | 
| [29:46] | Where are you going, half-day? | 你去哪儿,才上半天班呀? | 
| [29:47] | Half-day seminar, Rape Crisis Center. | 半天的研讨会,性侵危机处理中心的。 | 
| [29:48] | Oh, who’s gonna answer the phone? | 噢,那谁来接电话? | 
| [29:49] | I told you about this a week ago. | 我一个星期前就跟你打招呼了。 | 
| [29:51] | Honey, honey, will you take the baby? | 宝贝,宝贝,你来抱孩子吧? | 
| [29:54] | I’ll try not to be too long. | 我尽量不花太多时间。 | 
| [29:55] | Ellenor, we’re going to Boston General. | Ellenor,我们去波士顿总医院。 | 
| [29:56] | Wait, is something wrong? Nothing. | – 等一下,出什么事了吗? – 没事。 | 
| [29:58] | I need your bad cop for my good cop. | 我需要你唱红脸,我唱白脸。 | 
| [29:59] | Why am I always the bad cop? | 为什么我总是唱红脸? | 
| [30:01] | I’ll explain on the way. | 路上我跟你解释。 | 
| [30:03] | Here. Uh, uh, uh, no, no way. | – 接着。 – 哦,噢,这可不行。 | 
| [30:05] | FRUTT: Your wife has asked me to help. | 是你老婆让我帮忙的。 | 
| [30:06] | He needs a diaper, okay? | 他需要换尿布,知道了? | 
| [30:08] | Hey, and if she’s hungry, | 嘿,如果她饿了, | 
| [30:09] | there are snacks in the bag. | 包里有零食。 | 
| [30:15] | Your Honor, the prosecution calls | 法官大人,控方传唤Kelly Goss出庭作证。 | 
| [30:17] | Kelly Goss to the stand. | 法官大人,控方传唤Kelly Goss出庭作证。 | 
| [30:22] | Whatever happens, | 不管怎么样, | 
| [30:23] | keep quiet and just sit there. | 保持安静坐好别动。 | 
| [30:32] | KELLY: The baby was crying… | 孩子哭得很厉害。。。 | 
| [30:34] | a lot. | 孩子哭得很厉害。。。 | 
| [30:36] | She wouldn’t sleep for more than an hour at a time. | 她一次睡不超过一个小时。 | 
| [30:41] | And with the visits to Dr. Taylor’s, | 随着去找Taylor医生看病, | 
| [30:44] | the bills, | 账单, | 
| [30:45] | Tom and I were falling apart. | Tom和我要崩溃了。 | 
| [30:48] | How did Tom adjust to his new life? | Tom对这些变化适应得如何? | 
| [30:51] | Not well. | 不太好。 | 
| [30:53] | After losing his job, | 失业后, | 
| [30:54] | he always seemed to be on edge. | 他似乎总是很烦躁。 | 
| [30:57] | Uh, he has a short temper anyway. | 呃,反正他是脾气暴躁。 | 
| [30:59] | Objection. | 反对。 | 
| [30:59] | Sustained. | 反对有效。 | 
| [31:01] | Did you ever see your husband hit the baby | 你曾看到你的丈夫打孩子或者 | 
| [31:03] | or hurt her physically in any way? | 用其他方式弄伤她的身体? | 
| [31:06] | No. But… | 没有,但是。。。 | 
| [31:08] | he yelled at her sometimes. | 他有几次冲她吼。 | 
| [31:12] | I already said she was crying all the time. | 我已经说过她总是在哭。 | 
| [31:15] | GAMBLE: And during this time, | 在这段时间里, | 
| [31:16] | how are you and your husband getting along? | 你和你丈夫相处得如何? | 
| [31:18] | We loved each other, | 我们彼此相爱, | 
| [31:21] | but we had these fights. | 但我们也有争斗。 | 
| [31:25] | And once Tom was so upset, | 一旦Tom非常烦恼的时候, | 
| [31:27] | he said he felt trapped | 他就说他觉得走投无路了 | 
| [31:28] | and he wished that we’d never even had the baby. | 而且他宁愿我们没有这个孩子。 | 
| [31:31] | I don’t think he meant it, | 我不觉得他是有意的。 | 
| [31:33] | but he said it and it scared me. | 但他说过,而且我很害怕。 | 
| [31:37] | GAMBLE: What was your daughter’s condition | 你的女儿被送去急诊室前的那晚, | 
| [31:38] | the night before she was taken to the emergency room? | 她的身体状况如何? | 
| [31:41] | Well, she was crying almost constantly. | 她几乎一直在哭。 | 
| [31:45] | We were up most of the night. | 那晚大多时候我们都没睡 | 
| [31:47] | Finally, about 4:00 in the morning, | 最后,大概在凌晨4点 | 
| [31:49] | she quieted down. | 她安静下来了。 | 
| [31:51] | And I didn’t see her | 我第二天上班前没有看她。 | 
| [31:52] | before I went to work the next day. | 我第二天上班前没有看她。 | 
| [31:55] | GAMBLE: When was the next time you saw her? | 你再次看到她是什么时候? | 
| [31:58] | That night at the hospital. | 当晚在医院。 | 
| [32:04] | Mrs. Goss, your husband wasn’t the only one | Goss夫人,你的丈夫不是唯一要崩溃的人,对吧? | 
| [32:07] | falling apart, was he? | Goss夫人,你的丈夫不是唯一要崩溃的人,对吧? | 
| [32:09] | Things were hard on both of us. | 这事对我们俩来说都很艰难。 | 
| [32:11] | In fact, after giving birth, | 事实上,孩子出生后, | 
| [32:13] | you suffered from postpartum depression, | 你患上了产后抑郁症 | 
| [32:15] | isn’t that right? | 不对吗? | 
| [32:16] | Objection, Your Honor. Relevance? | 反对,法官大人,这有关联性吗? | 
| [32:18] | A little leeway. I’ll show the relevance. | 容我一下,我会展现出关联性的。 | 
| [32:20] | With caution, Counsel. | 悠着点,律师。 | 
| [32:22] | You were so depressed | 你非常消沉 | 
| [32:24] | you started drinking, didn’t you? | 开始喝酒了,不是吗? | 
| [32:25] | My drinking was never a problem. | 我喝酒绝不是什么问题。 | 
| [32:28] | You were reprimanded at work. | 你在工作中受到了训斥。 | 
| [32:29] | You nearly lost your job. | 你差点丢了工作。 | 
| [32:30] | I hated my job. | 我讨厌我的工作。 | 
| [32:32] | And when I came home at night, | 而且当我晚上回到家, | 
| [32:34] | there was even more work with the baby. | 照顾孩子的工作甚至还更多些。 | 
| [32:35] | And that made you angry, didn’t it? | 那使你非常生气,不是吗? | 
| [32:38] | You fought with your husband | 你和你丈夫吵架 | 
| [32:39] | because he was concerned | 是因为他担心你情绪失控。 | 
| [32:41] | you were losing control. | 是因为他担心你情绪失控。 | 
| [32:43] | I would never harm my child. | 我绝对不会伤害我的孩子。 | 
| [32:46] | Mrs. Goss, one week prior to the emergency, | Goss太太,在那个突发事件发生前一周, | 
| [32:50] | did you shake your baby | 你在公寓外面的大堂里摇晃过你的孩子了吗? | 
| [32:52] | outside the apartment in the hall? | 你在公寓外面的大堂里摇晃过你的孩子了吗? | 
| [32:54] | What? | 什么? | 
| [32:55] | WASHINGTON: You were juggling a bag of groceries | 你被一袋食品杂货和你哭着的女儿搞得手忙脚乱吧? | 
| [32:57] | and your daughter was crying? GAMBLE: Your Honor? | – 你被一袋食品杂货和你哭着的女儿搞得手忙脚乱吧? – 法官大人? | 
| [32:59] | WASHINGTON: You heard the phone ring inside | 你听到房里面电话铃响了 | 
| [33:00] | and you had trouble with the door. | 而你却打不开门了。 | 
| [33:02] | Your Honor, objection. | 法官大人,我提出反对。 | 
| [33:03] | FREEMAN: Overruled. | 反对无效。 | 
| [33:04] | Wasn’t your neighbor standing in the hall | 你的邻居不是站在大厅里吗? | 
| [33:06] | and didn’t she see you | 她没有看到你 | 
| [33:08] | shake your baby | 懊恼和愤怒地摇晃你的孩子吗? | 
| [33:10] | in anger and frustration? | 懊恼和愤怒地摇晃你的孩子吗? | 
| [33:11] | Absolutely not. That isn’t true. | 绝对没有,不是那样的。 | 
| [33:13] | The night before the emergency, | 突发事件发生的前一晚, | 
| [33:15] | you said your daughter kept you awake for most of the night | 你说你的女儿直到凌晨四点睡着为止, | 
| [33:18] | until she fell asleep about 4:00 in the morning? | 害得你整晚都没怎么睡觉吧? | 
| [33:20] | That’s right. | 是的。 | 
| [33:22] | Mrs. Goss, | Goss夫人, | 
| [33:23] | weren’t you the last one | 你是当晚最后一个去看你孩子的人吗? | 
| [33:25] | to look in on your child that night? | 你是当晚最后一个去看你孩子的人吗? | 
| [33:28] | Your daughter was crying when you went in, | 你进去的时候,你女儿在哭, | 
| [33:30] | but she wasn’t crying when you came out. | 你出来的时候,她不哭了。 | 
| [33:34] | Your little baby didn’t cry the rest of the night, did she, | 你的小孩当晚没有再哭,对吧, | 
| [33:38] | or the next morning when, by your own testimony, | 或者如你证词所言,第二天早上, | 
| [33:42] | you left for work | 你出门上班时甚至没有回那个房间去看她? | 
| [33:44] | without even going back into that room | 你出门上班时甚至没有回那个房间去看她? | 
| [33:47] | and checking in on her? | 你出门上班时甚至没有回那个房间去看她? | 
| [33:49] | I would never ever | 我绝对不会伤害我的孩子的。 | 
| [33:52] | hurt my baby. | 我绝对不会伤害我的孩子的。 | 
| [34:00] | I have nothing further. | 我没有问题要问了。 | 
| [34:07] | Before any redirect, | 在重新直询前, | 
| [34:09] | we’ll take a 20-minute recess. | 我们休庭20分钟。 | 
| [34:21] | Eugene, are you still crossing Mrs. Goss? | Eugene,你们还在对Goss夫人交叉盘问吗? | 
| [34:24] | Just finished. | 刚结束。 | 
| [34:25] | Well, you’ll need to recall a witness. | 那好,你们需要重新传唤一个证人。 | 
| [34:37] | You confirmed this? | 你确认了吗? | 
| [34:39] | GAMBLE: We’ve checked into it, Your Honor. | 法官大人,我们已经查过了。 | 
| [34:41] | It’s all been confirmed. Yes. | 对,一切都得到了证实。 | 
| [34:43] | How could this happen? | 怎么会发生这样的事? | 
| [34:45] | I think we’re about to find out. | 我想我们会搞清楚的。 | 
| [34:48] | Come in. | 请进。 | 
| [34:52] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好。 | 
| [34:55] | FREEMAN: Dr. Taylor, I asked you here | Taylor医生,我请你来是因为事态有了一些新的发展。 | 
| [34:57] | because there’s been a development. | Taylor医生,我请你来是因为事态有了一些新的发展。 | 
| [35:01] | Ms. Gamble? | Gamble女士? | 
| [35:03] | Baby “M” had a seizure last night | 那个婴儿昨晚发作了一次, | 
| [35:05] | and again early this morning. | 今早又有一次。 | 
| [35:07] | Apparently, the hospital ran some tests. | 显然,医院做了一些检查。 | 
| [35:10] | On whose authority? | 谁授权的? | 
| [35:11] | I wasn’t informed of any of this. | 我没有收到任何消息。 | 
| [35:12] | On the authority of Kelly Goss. | Kelly Gosss授权的。 | 
| [35:15] | WASHINGTON: The tests show the baby | 检查显示这个婴儿 | 
| [35:16] | actually suffers from meningococcemia. | 实际上患有脑膜炎球菌血症 | 
| [35:20] | Did I say that correctly, Dr. Taylor? | 我说的正确吗,Taylor医生? | 
| [35:23] | The illness presents | 这种病会出现很多相同的症状 | 
| [35:24] | with most of the same symptoms. | 这种病会出现很多相同的症状 | 
| [35:27] | Look over the record, if you’d like. | 如果你愿意的话,看看记录。 | 
| [35:29] | A spinal tap revealed diffused encephalitis. | 脊椎穿刺发现弥漫性脑炎。 | 
| [35:41] | You can’t blame me for this. | 你们不能因此而责难我。 | 
| [35:43] | Based on the parents and the child’s history | 根据父母和孩子的过往, | 
| [35:44] | and the symptoms that I saw, | 以及我看到的症状, | 
| [35:46] | my diagnosis is completely justifiable. | 我的诊断完全合理。 | 
| [35:48] | You blew it. | 你把这事搞砸了。 | 
| [35:50] | What gives you the right to tell me what– | 你凭什么有权跟我说。。。 | 
| [35:52] | If you’d have caught this early, | 如果你早点发现的话, | 
| [35:54] | a simple course of antibiotics would have been enough. | 简单的抗生素疗程就足够了。 | 
| [35:56] | But you didn’t catch it | 但你没有发现它。 | 
| [35:58] | because you didn’t look. | 是因为你没有去排查。 | 
| [35:59] | And you didn’t look because you’d seen enough. | 而你没有排查的原因是你觉得完全看明白了。 | 
| [36:03] | As far as you were concerned, | 就你而言, | 
| [36:05] | the parents were not only suspect, | 家长不仅仅是有嫌疑, | 
| [36:07] | the father was guilty. | 而是那个父亲就是有罪的。 | 
| [36:08] | And as a result, | 结果, | 
| [36:09] | you almost killed their child. | 你差点害死了他们的孩子。 | 
| [36:17] | You blew it. | 你就是搞砸了。 | 
| [36:27] | You don’t waste time. | 你别浪费时间了。 | 
| [36:36] | You’re not a little scared? | 你就没一点害怕? | 
| [36:39] | No. | 不是。 | 
| [36:42] | I’m terrified. | 我很害怕。 | 
| [36:45] | Maybe that’s why I’m only running away for a week. | 也许这就是为什么我只逃避了一个星期。 | 
| [36:48] | Where’d you decide to go? | 你决定去哪儿? | 
| [36:50] | Scotland. | 苏格兰。 | 
| [36:52] | I’ve wanted to visit for as long as I could remember. | 在我记忆里,我一直都想去那儿。 | 
| [36:54] | Plus… | 另外。。。 | 
| [36:55] | It’s far away. | 那儿很远。 | 
| [36:58] | There’s that. | 是那样的。 | 
| [37:03] | Do you regret last night? | 你昨晚后悔吗? | 
| [37:09] | No. | 不。 | 
| [37:12] | Come with me. | 跟我来吧 | 
| [37:15] | “Come with me?” | “跟我来吧”? | 
| [37:22] | There was a time that I would have sold my soul | 曾经有一段时间我为了听到你这么对我说 | 
| [37:27] | to hear you say that to me. | 宁愿放弃一切。 | 
| [37:33] | Come with me. | 跟我走吧。 | 
| [37:36] | Mitchell… | |
| [37:40] | I don’t trust you. | 我不信任你。 | 
| [37:44] | I may love you, but I don’t trust you. | 我可能是爱你的,但我不信任你。 | 
| [37:46] | Not now. | 起码现在不是。 | 
| [37:49] | I’ve wasted so much time. | 我虚度这么多的光阴。 | 
| [37:52] | But you have to forgive me. | 但你必须要原谅我。 | 
| [37:54] | It’s not a question of forgiveness. | 这不是原谅的问题。 | 
| [37:56] | You have that, or I wouldn’t be here. | 你已经得到我的原谅了,否则我不会来这儿。 | 
| [38:00] | And I can’t believe I’m saying this | 我简直不敢相信这么多年后我说出这些。 | 
| [38:02] | after all these years, | 我简直不敢相信这么多年后我说出这些。 | 
| [38:05] | but I am not willing | 但我不愿意 | 
| [38:09] | to risk myself or my daughter | 为了我以前从未能相信过的东西 | 
| [38:12] | for something I have never | 为了我以前从未能相信过的东西 | 
| [38:14] | been able to trust in the past. | 而让我自己或我女儿去冒险。 | 
| [38:22] | It’s a brave thing what you’re doing. | 你现在做的事是有勇气的。 | 
| [38:24] | A necessary thing. | 是必要的事。 | 
| [38:27] | But you can’t do it with me. | 但你不能拉上我一起。 | 
| [38:31] | Then I wanna change that. | 那我想要改变它。 | 
| [38:34] | Ellie… | |
| [38:37] | if nothing else… | 撇开其他不谈。。。 | 
| [38:41] | please believe that my love for you is real. | 请相信我对你的爱是真心的。 | 
| [38:58] | I hope you find what you’re looking for. | 我希望你能找到你所想要的。 | 
| [39:12] | Goodbye, Mitchell. | 再见,Mitchell | 
| [39:44] | Six years ago, I took my grandmother | 六年前,我摘掉了我祖母的呼吸机。 | 
| [39:46] | off life-support. | 六年前,我摘掉了我祖母的呼吸机。 | 
| [39:50] | I’ve regretted it ever since. | 从那以后我就后悔了。 | 
| [39:56] | You wondered if this is a life? | 你想知道这是否是一种生命? | 
| [40:00] | Kelly, you and your husband | Kelly,你和你丈夫 | 
| [40:01] | created this life together. | 一起创造了这个生命。 | 
| [40:06] | And although I can’t even imagine | 尽管我无法想象 | 
| [40:08] | how painful it must be to see what’s happened, | 看到发生的事是多么的痛苦, | 
| [40:13] | and to know she won’t get much better, | 而且知道她不会好转的, | 
| [40:17] | she’s still your baby. | 但她还是你的宝贝。 | 
| [40:21] | The sickness and Dr. Taylor, | 这个病加上Taylor医生, | 
| [40:23] | this case… | 这个案子。。。 | 
| [40:25] | it almost cost you your daughter | 几乎毁掉了你的女儿和你的婚姻。 | 
| [40:27] | and your marriage. | 几乎毁掉了你的女儿和你的婚姻。 | 
| [40:30] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 | 
| [40:32] | Maybe too much has happened | 也许你和你丈夫之间发生了太多事,但是。。。 | 
| [40:33] | between you and your husband, but… | 也许你和你丈夫之间发生了太多事,但是。。。 | 
| [40:37] | well, at least try | 至少要试着一起共度难关。 | 
| [40:38] | to get through it together. | 至少要试着一起共度难关。 | 
| [40:44] | You deserve that. | 这是你理应得到的。 | 
| [40:49] | So does Mary Beth. | 也是Mary Beth理应得到的。 | 
| [41:15] | Good luck, Mr. Goss. | Goss夫人,祝你好运。 | 
| [42:11] | Next on The Practice. | 下集预告。 |