时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | DOLE: Previously on The Practice. | 前集回顾未作翻译。 |
[00:03] | You’re losing, Helen. | |
[00:04] | I’m taking over first chair. | |
[00:05] | Now, I’m gonna prep the investigating officer alone. | |
[00:09] | What other evidence connects Mr. MacIntyre | |
[00:11] | to Mr. Hayden’s murder? | |
[00:12] | Mr. MacIntyre was tried for killing | |
[00:14] | his former business partner. | |
[00:15] | Objection! JUDGE: Sustained. | |
[00:17] | Counsel, chambers. | |
[00:19] | DONNELL: You did this intentionally. | |
[00:20] | You conspired with the detective. | |
[00:22] | That’s completely untrue. | |
[00:23] | Then I wanna put Helen Gamble on the stand. | |
[00:25] | Do you have any basis to believe Mr. Walsh | |
[00:29] | did intend to cause a mistrial? | |
[00:32] | Yes. Mr. Walsh made sure to exclude me | |
[00:35] | when he prepped Detective Simons. | |
[00:37] | JUDGE: The case against the defendant is dismissed | |
[00:39] | with prejudice. | |
[00:40] | I did my ethical duty. | |
[00:43] | Only because you were dragged into it. | |
[00:45] | You’re not a hero. | |
[00:56] | Art, what the hell’s going on? | Art,到底怎么回事? |
[00:58] | Take it easy. DONNELL: You take it easy. | – 别急。 – 不急才怪呢。 |
[01:00] | Trial starts tomorrow. | 明天就要上庭了。 |
[01:01] | Why is our co-defendant talking to the D. A.? | 为什么我们的共同被告人和检察官谈话了? |
[01:03] | He’s cutting a deal. | 他正在达成控辩交易。 |
[01:05] | What? BERLUTI: He can’t do that. | – 什么? – 他不能那样做。 |
[01:06] | We had a deal, | 我们有协议的, |
[01:07] | a joint defense all mapped out. | 共同辩护策略完全制定好了。 |
[01:09] | ART: Hey, I called out of courtesy. | 嘿,我是出于礼貌才给你们打电话的。 |
[01:11] | But our client is innocent. | 但我们的当事人是无辜的。 |
[01:13] | Well, mine’s pleading guilty. | 随你吧,我的当事人认罪了。 |
[01:15] | Sorry, Jimmy. | 对不起,Jimmy。 |
[01:16] | It’s just how it is. | 就是这样了。 |
[01:17] | Art, at least tell us | Art,至少告诉我们, |
[01:20] | what he’s saying in there about our client. | 关于我们当事人,他跟检察官说了些什么。 |
[01:32] | NORMAN: So hot. | 多么热呀。 |
[01:34] | She sucked the air right out of my lungs. | 把我肺里的空气都吸走了 |
[01:38] | I did play with matches as a boy. | 我小时候玩过火柴。 |
[01:42] | And then you get older | 然后你长大了, |
[01:43] | and you need it to last. | 你需要继续下去。 |
[01:47] | Give her air. | 给她些空气吧。 |
[01:48] | She’ll come big for you. | 她会为你而燃烧。 |
[01:49] | She’ll come big. | 越烧越大。 |
[01:50] | Jesus, will you look at that? | 天呀,你们能看看吗? |
[01:54] | You disgust me. Helen… – Helen。。。 | – 你让我感到恶心。 |
[01:57] | GAMBLE: We want the jury to believe you, | 我们希望陪审团能相信你, |
[01:59] | not to be sickened by you. | 而不是对你感到厌恶。 |
[02:00] | You think you can manage that? | 你认为你能做到吗? |
[02:03] | I love the new haircut. | 我喜欢你这个新发型。 |
[02:05] | It makes you look like my ex-wife. | 那让你看起来像我前妻。 |
[02:07] | You know what? | 你知道个屁 |
[02:08] | Mr. Tucker… | Tucker先生。。。 |
[02:15] | Yes, Mr. Walsh? | 嗯,Walsh先生? |
[02:16] | A night watchman died in that fire. | 一个守夜人在火灾中丧生。 |
[02:19] | Cooperating against your co-defendant | 与我们合作并指认你的同伙 |
[02:21] | is the only way you avoid a life sentence. | 是你免于终身监禁的唯一途径。 |
[02:26] | Take this seriously. | 认真对待这件事。 |
[02:29] | Yes, Mr. Walsh. I understand. | 知道了,Walsh先生,我明白。 |
[02:33] | I said I’d testify against Ronald D’Ambrosio | 我说我要作证指认Ronald D’Ambrosio |
[02:36] | and I will. | 我会做的。 |
[02:39] | He hired me to burn down his business. | 他雇我来烧掉他的生意。 |
[02:41] | He’s guilty. | 他是有罪的。 |
[02:42] | The jury will believe me. | 陪审团会相信我的。 |
[02:44] | They’ll convict that mobster. | 他们会判那个暴徒有罪的。 |
[02:46] | I swear. | 我保证。 |
[02:50] | Now, could I please watch | 现在,我能看一下这盘录像带的结尾吗? |
[02:53] | the end of the tape? | 现在,我能看一下这盘录像带的结尾吗? |
[03:48] | Forty-two years, | 42年, |
[03:49] | biggest manufacturer in the north end. | 北端最大的工厂 |
[03:54] | And it all went in less than five minutes. | 在不到五分钟的时间里,一切都没了。 |
[03:57] | You remember it, Jimmy. | 你记得的,Jimmy。 |
[03:58] | You worked here as a kid, right, | 你小时候在这儿干过活,对吧, |
[04:00] | during summer vacation. | 在暑假的时候。 |
[04:01] | I remember, Mr. D’Ambrosio. | 我记得,D’Ambrosio先生。 |
[04:04] | I remember how heavy this stuff was to move. | 我记得这些东西搬起来有多沉。 |
[04:07] | D’AMBROSIO: Beautiful tables, chairs, | 漂亮的桌子,椅子, |
[04:10] | solid craftsmanship. | 精湛的工艺。 |
[04:12] | This place was my life. | 这地方是我的生活。 |
[04:13] | Your father, Lenny, worked 20 years. | 你父亲,Lenny,工作了20年。 |
[04:17] | He knew the man who died, the watchman. | 他认识那个死去的人,那个守夜人。 |
[04:21] | He was a friend of mine. | 他是我的朋友 |
[04:23] | He knew I would die | 他知道我死也不会烧掉这里的。 |
[04:26] | before I would burn this business. | 他知道我死也不会烧掉这里的。 |
[04:28] | Mr. D’Ambrosio, we need to talk about Tucker. | D’Ambrosio先生,我们需要谈一下Tucker这个人。 |
[04:32] | How can he say I paid him to do it? | 他怎么能说是我付钱让他干的呢? |
[04:35] | Before, he said we were innocent. | 先前他说我们都是清白的 |
[04:36] | He’s agreed to testify against you | 他是为了减刑而指证你。 |
[04:39] | for a reduced sentence. | 他是为了减刑而指证你。 |
[04:40] | This is a nightmare. | 这真是一场噩梦。 |
[04:41] | I’m innocent, but I can be convicted | 我是清白的,但我无论如何会被判谋杀罪并终身监禁吗? |
[04:44] | of murder anyway, sent away for life? | 我是清白的,但我无论如何会被判谋杀罪并终身监禁吗? |
[04:46] | We’re gonna do everything we can | 我们将会竭尽全力 |
[04:48] | to make sure that doesn’t happen. | 以确保不会发生那种情况。 |
[04:49] | I’m two times Businessman of the Year, | 我获得过两次年度最杰出商人和意大利之子的荣耀。 |
[04:52] | Sons of Italy. | 我获得过两次年度最杰出商人和意大利之子的荣耀。 |
[04:53] | I know. | 我知道。 |
[04:54] | Stop saying you know. | 别说什么你知道。 |
[04:55] | You don’t know. | 你不知道。 |
[04:56] | It wasn’t always so nice for us here. | 这儿对我们并不总是友好的。 |
[05:00] | Sure, now we got a mayor, a governor, | 当然,现在我们意大利裔有了一个市长,一个州长, |
[05:02] | but nothing changes, not for us, Jimmy. | 但对我们而言情况没有改观,Jimmy。 |
[05:06] | What do you mean? | 你是说? |
[05:07] | To your face, it’s always respect. | 当面,总是很尊重你。 |
[05:09] | But behind your back, they talk, they assume. | 但背地里,他们议论,他们猜疑。 |
[05:13] | I mean, you could be Justice Scalia. | 我是说,你可以是Scalia法官。 |
[05:15] | If your name ends in a vowel, | 如果你的名字以元音结尾, |
[05:16] | they think you’re La Cosa Nostra. | 他们认为你是黑手党。 |
[05:24] | I’ve known him my whole life. | 我认识他一辈子了。 |
[05:26] | He’s not mobbed up. | 他没有受到犯罪集团的影响。 |
[05:28] | I understand, but his business was hurting | 我明白,他的生意受损, |
[05:30] | and he did get the insurance. | 但他上了保险。 |
[05:32] | BERLUTI: He’s innocent. | 他是无辜的。 |
[05:33] | In our house, the Holy Trinity | 我们的族群里,信奉的三位一体的神灵是由 |
[05:36] | was Pope John XXIII, | 教皇约翰二十三世、 |
[05:38] | JFK, and Ronald D’Ambrosio. | 肯尼迪总统和Ronald D’Ambrosiosane构成的。 |
[05:41] | Why would Tucker plead to a crime | 那为什么Tucker会对他没有犯过的罪行认罪呢? |
[05:43] | he didn’t commit? | 那为什么Tucker会对他没有犯过的罪行认罪呢? |
[05:44] | Whatever the reason, he’s wrong about Mr. D’Ambrosio. | 不管是什么原因,他错怪了D’Ambrosio先生。 |
[05:50] | Bobby, we can’t lose. | Bobby,我们不能输。 |
[05:59] | DONNELL: For months, we planned a joint defense. | 几个月来,我们已经制定了共同辩护的策略。 |
[06:01] | Now, out of the blue, | 而今,突如其来地, |
[06:02] | our co-defendant pleads guilty. | 我们的共同被告认罪了。 |
[06:03] | Which is his right. | 那是他的权力。 |
[06:04] | DONNELL: The D. A. engineered it | 检方策划了这一切 |
[06:06] | so the plea would come on the eve of the trial. | 所以在庭审前夕产生了这个控辩交易。 |
[06:08] | GAMBLE: Mr. Tucker initiated that deal, not us. | 是Tucker先生而不是我们发起了那个控辩交易, |
[06:11] | DONNELL: Come on. | 算了吧。 |
[06:11] | GAMBLE: It is true. | 事实如此。 |
[06:12] | He called Mr. Walsh first. | 是他先找了Walsh先生。 |
[06:14] | DONNELL: Even if that is true, | 即使是那样, |
[06:15] | our client has been denied his chance | 我们的当事人被剥夺了他准备新辩护策略的机会。 |
[06:17] | to prepare a new defense. | 我们的当事人被剥夺了他准备新辩护策略的机会。 |
[06:18] | KIMBALL: Mr. Donnell, your complaint | Donnell先生,你的指责只能针对Tucker先生 |
[06:20] | is with Mr. Tucker, not the D. A. | 而不是检方。 |
[06:22] | If he broke his word to you, sue him. | 如果他对你食言,那就控告他 |
[06:23] | I can’t keep the D. A. from making deals. | 我不能阻止检方达成控辩交易。 |
[06:25] | They can make them whenever | 他们可以随时和他们所愿意的任何人达成交易。 |
[06:27] | and with whomever they like. | 他们可以随时和他们所愿意的任何人达成交易 |
[06:29] | I can’t help you. | 我帮不了你。 |
[06:30] | Then Your Honor, we ask the Court | 法官大人,那么我们请求法庭 |
[06:32] | to consider dismissing the indictment for vindictive prosecution. | 考虑撤销这个报复性目的起诉。 |
[06:36] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[06:38] | BERLUTI: We believe they’ve targeted our client | 我们认为他们因我们的当事人是意大利裔美国人 |
[06:40] | because he’s Italian-American. | 而将其作为目标。 |
[06:41] | He’s right about that. | 他说得对。 |
[06:43] | Jimmy, what are you doing? | Jimmy,你在干什么? |
[06:44] | We would like time to conduct discovery | 我们想得到时间就这个问题进行研究。。。 |
[06:46] | into the issue so that– | 我们想得到时间就这个问题进行研究。。。 |
[06:46] | KIMBALL: Do you have any evidence | 你们有什么证据表明存在这种情况? |
[06:48] | to suggest this happened? | 你们有什么证据表明存在这种情况? |
[06:49] | Most organized crime cases involving arson | 大多数涉及纵火的有组织犯罪案件 |
[06:52] | have been against Italian-Americans. | 一直针对意大利裔美国人。 |
[06:56] | Why else would a respected businessman | 一个受人尊敬的商人被推上审判席, |
[06:59] | even be on trial? | 还有别的原因吗? |
[07:01] | GAMBLE: Because he collected a huge insurance settlement | 因为在他的工厂被烧了之后, |
[07:03] | after his business was burn down. | 他得到了巨额保险理赔。 |
[07:05] | BERLUTI: Allegedly. | 据称。 |
[07:06] | The fire was an accident. | 那场火灾是一场意外。 |
[07:08] | Then he has nothing to worry about. | 那样的话,他有什么可担心的? |
[07:10] | The jury will acquit him. | 陪审团将宣告他无罪的。 |
[07:11] | Your motion’s denied. | 你的动议被驳回。 |
[07:16] | D’Ambrosio wants you first chair, fine, | D’Ambrosio想让你做主辩,那没问题, |
[07:18] | but pull a stunt like that, and you will lose. | 但耍那样的把戏,你会输的。 |
[07:20] | It was a shot. | 那是试一试。 |
[07:21] | He needs to see we’re fighting for him. | 他要看到我们是为他而战的。 |
[07:24] | Just don’t lose your credibility in the process. | 只要别在这个过程中丧失掉你的可信性。 |
[07:31] | SKIP: If you hit this, | 如果你点一下, |
[07:34] | you’re right to the files. | 你就搞定这些文件了 |
[07:35] | Oh, right. | 噢,是呀。 |
[07:37] | You are totally computer literate, | 你完全懂电脑, |
[07:40] | which is cool. | 很酷 |
[07:41] | Why isn’t Doogie in school? | 这小狗狗为什么不去上学? |
[07:44] | His name is Skip, | 他名字叫Skip |
[07:46] | and his high school has a work-study program. | 他所在的高中有个勤工俭学计划。 |
[07:48] | He’s been here eight times. | 他都来了八次了。 |
[07:50] | He’s always here, and the computers are never fixed. | 他总在这儿,但电脑从来没有修好过。 |
[07:53] | If he’d quit hitting on Lucy… | 如果他不再挑逗Lucy的话。。。 |
[07:55] | Is it me or is he kind of cute? | 我是不是没注意到他挺可爱的呀? |
[07:58] | You’ve totally mastered this system. | 你完全掌握了这个系统。 |
[08:00] | Most people would take, like, weeks. | 大多数人需要,比如,几个星期。 |
[08:01] | Took you, like, four days. | 而你只花了四天时间。 |
[08:03] | You’re awesome. | 你太棒了。 |
[08:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢夸奖。 |
[08:05] | SKIP: Until you guys upgrade, | 在你们升级前, |
[08:06] | there’s some things I can’t do. | 有些事我没办法做。 |
[08:08] | Thing with computers, | 电脑这东西, |
[08:10] | they offer so much, | 功能很强大, |
[08:12] | all you have to do is sit back | 你只需要坐下来 |
[08:14] | and let them do it for you. | 让电脑帮你完成。 |
[08:17] | It’s as if they want to. | 仿佛是心甘情愿似的。 |
[08:20] | Your hair smells like summer. | 你的头发闻起来有夏天的味道。 |
[08:22] | Are we done? | 完事了吗? |
[08:23] | I’m sorry. Yes. | 不好意思,是的。 |
[08:26] | How much? | 多少钱? |
[08:28] | SKIP: It’s free. | 免费的。 |
[08:29] | You guys are my friends. | 你们是我的朋友。 |
[08:30] | Oh, that is so nice. Thank you. | 哦,这太好了,谢谢你呀。 |
[08:33] | SKIP: Yeah, the computer stuff is just promotional. | 不客气,电脑这些事只是促销手段。 |
[08:35] | I have other businesses. Really? | – 我还有别的生意。 – 是吗? |
[08:37] | SKIP: Tutoring, investing– | 家教辅导,投资理财。。。 |
[08:39] | plus, I’m a scholar athlete. | 还有,我还是个田径奖学金获得者。 |
[08:40] | Skip… | |
[08:41] | SKIP: Lettered cross country. | 跨国教育背景。 |
[08:42] | School, junior achievement, | 在学校时期参加了青年成就组织, |
[08:44] | I got a lot going on. | 我有很多事要做。 |
[08:45] | HATCHER: Here, if it’s too much, | 拿去吧,如果给多了, |
[08:46] | just put it toward next time. | 就当是留给下一次的吧。 |
[08:49] | Can I put it towards something for us | 我能把这个留给咱们俩做些什么吧, |
[08:51] | like dinner? | 比如吃顿晚饭? |
[08:57] | D’Ambrosio gave me the key. | D’Ambrosio给我钥匙。 |
[08:59] | That’s how I got in. | 我就是那样进去的。 |
[09:08] | Match? | 有火柴吗? |
[09:09] | Go over it again. | 再核对一次。 |
[09:16] | I’m a designer. | 我是个设计师。 |
[09:17] | I bought furniture directly from D’Ambrosio, | 我从D’Ambrosio那儿买家具, |
[09:21] | mostly for my “ITI” clients. | 主要是为了我的“ITI”客户。 |
[09:25] | They just love those heavy, dark woods. Those– | 他们只喜欢那些又重又黑的木材。那些。。。 |
[09:28] | GAMBLE: When did he give you the key? | 他什么时候给你钥匙的? |
[09:30] | You pushy bitch. | 你这猴急的婊子。 |
[09:32] | Why don’t you let me tell the story? | 为什么不让我讲完? |
[09:39] | Mr. Walsh, may I speak with you? | Walsh先生,我能跟你谈谈吗? |
[09:49] | You’re personalizing this. | 你对此有些个人情绪。 |
[09:50] | I’m not personalizing anything. | 我没有任何个人情绪。 |
[09:51] | The guy is scum. | 这家伙是个渣滓。 |
[09:52] | We don’t get to choose our witnesses. | 我们无法选择证人。 |
[09:54] | Look, the jury will hate him, | 听着,陪审团会讨厌他的。 |
[09:55] | and they will hate us for giving him a break. | 而且会因为我们放过了他而讨厌我们。 |
[09:57] | We have no choice. | 我们没得选。 |
[09:58] | Cutting a deal with Tucker gets us two convictions. | 和Tucker达成协议,会使我们给他们两个人定罪。 |
[10:01] | Without him, D’Ambrosio walks. | 但不和他达成协议,D’Ambrosio就脱罪了。 |
[10:03] | I’m not sure that’s a bad thing. | 我不太确定那样就是不对的。 |
[10:05] | We know he’s done business | 我们知道他和至少两个犯罪集团做生意。 |
[10:07] | with at least two crime families. | 我们知道他和至少两个犯罪集团做生意。 |
[10:09] | Legitimate business. | 那是合法经营。 |
[10:10] | He sold these people furniture. | 他卖家具给这些人。 |
[10:11] | And we think laundered money. | 但我们认为那是洗钱。 |
[10:14] | Look me in the eye and tell me | 看着我的眼睛跟我说, |
[10:16] | you really think D’Ambrosio’s innocent. | 你真的认为D’Ambrosio是无罪的。 |
[10:18] | I’m not sure. I have concerns. | 我不能肯定。我是有些疑虑。 |
[10:21] | You have gone too far before. | 你之前做得太过分了。 |
[10:23] | So that’s what this is about. | 那么说这才是问题所在了。 |
[10:25] | You just had a murder case kicked | 你刚因为法庭发现你作假 |
[10:27] | because the Court found out you lied. | 而被从一起谋杀案件中被踢出去。 |
[10:29] | I didn’t lie, Helen, not really. | 我没作假,Helen,不算是。 |
[10:33] | Besides, you weren’t exactly pure on that yourself. | 另外,你自己也不是很干净的。 |
[10:36] | My point is, sometimes in our eagerness | 我的观点是,有时我们渴望去抓到坏人, |
[10:40] | to get the bad man, we can lose our way. | 反而会迷失方向的。 |
[10:43] | I haven’t lost my way, Helen. | 我没有迷失方向,Helen。 |
[10:45] | I’m still doing the job the public wants me to do. | 我仍然在做公众希望我们去做的事 |
[10:48] | If anyone has lost their way, maybe it’s you. | 如果有人迷失了方向,可能是你。 |
[11:14] | Once he broke the lamp, | 他一把灯弄坏了, |
[11:16] | he used the sparks to light the legal pad. | 就利用电火花点燃了便箋簿。 |
[11:18] | DONNELL: You got to be kidding? | 你没开玩笑吧? |
[11:19] | BERLUTI: This is your chief witness, a sick lunatic. | 这就是你们的主要证人,一个精神病患者。 |
[11:22] | Who your client hired to torch– | 他是你们的当事人雇来去放火。。。 |
[11:23] | He didn’t. DONNELL: Jimmy… | - 他没有。 |
[11:24] | You’re destroying a good man’s life. | 你是在毁掉一个好人的生活。 |
[11:26] | You want to impeach Tucker with the fact | 你想要检举Tucker在拘押期间纵火, |
[11:28] | he committed arson in custody, | 你想要检举Tucker在拘押期间纵火, |
[11:30] | that’s your right. | 那是你的权力。 |
[11:31] | Sure. You want us to do that. | 当然了,你想让我们这么干。 |
[11:33] | It’ll help your case. | 这样对你有利。 |
[11:35] | Look, we have a continuing discovery obligation | 听着,我们因持续有效的披露义务 |
[11:38] | to tell you if our witness commits a crime, | 所以你可以在对他的交叉盘问中用来对付他。 |
[11:39] | so you can use it against him on cross. | 所以你可以在对他的交叉盘问中用来对付他。 |
[11:42] | We’ve done that. | 我们已经履行了这个义务。 |
[11:44] | See you in Court. | 法庭上见。 |
[11:51] | If he’s not guilty, | 如果你们的当事人无罪, |
[11:53] | why would your guy have met with Tucker? | 为什么他要和Tucker碰面? |
[11:57] | Maybe I talked to Tucker about business being bad. | 也许我和Tucker谈的是我的生意不佳。 |
[12:00] | So what? | 那么? |
[12:01] | I told you before, he was a customer. | 我以前跟你说过,他是一个客户。 |
[12:04] | D’AMBROSIO: He bought furniture from me. | 他从我这儿买家具。 |
[12:06] | DONNELL: But there are no receipts. | 但没有收据。 |
[12:08] | They burned up in the fire. | 都在火灾中烧掉了。 |
[12:10] | Your accountant didn’t keep copies? | 你的会计没有保存副本? |
[12:11] | BERLUTI: Bobby, we’ve been over this. | Bobby,我们已经谈过这些了。 |
[12:13] | DONNELL: And it’s never made any sense. | 但这根本说不通呀。 |
[12:16] | Look, without proof Tucker was a customer, | 听着,如果没有证据说明Tucker是你的一个客户, |
[12:18] | we’re screwed. | 我们就完蛋了。 |
[12:19] | No jury’s gonna believe he did business | 不会有陪审团会相信他会和一个疯子做生意。 |
[12:21] | with a crazy man. | 不会有陪审团会相信他会和一个疯子做生意。 |
[12:22] | D’AMBROSIO: He was an interior decorator, | 他是一个室内设计师, |
[12:24] | for God’s sake. They’re all crazy. | 看在上帝的份上。他们都是疯子。 |
[12:27] | Okay, the thing is, | 好吧,实际上, |
[12:30] | all the sales were off the books, cash. | 所有的销售都没有记账,用现金方式。 |
[12:33] | There never was paperwork. | 没有书面的材料。 |
[12:37] | Wait. | 等等。 |
[12:39] | I don’t understand. | 我不理解。 |
[12:40] | You were evading taxes? | 你是在逃税吗? |
[12:42] | I’m not the only one, believe me. | 相信我,又不是只有我逃税。 |
[12:44] | How could you do that? | 你怎么能那样做呢? |
[12:46] | Am I on trial for not being a saint now? | 我现在是因为没有做圣人而受审吗? |
[12:48] | I paid millions in taxes over my life, | 我一生交了数百万的税, |
[12:51] | more than my share. | 比我赚到的还多。 |
[12:52] | Just how much of your business | 你的生意里有多少是在台面下的? |
[12:54] | was under the table? | 你的生意里有多少是在台面下的? |
[12:55] | What the hell difference does it make? | 这到底会有什么影响吗? |
[12:57] | I’m on trial for murder, not– | 我是因谋杀受审,不是。。。 |
[12:58] | I’m just trying to understand. | 我只是想弄明白。 |
[13:00] | DONNELL: Jimmy, let it go. | Jimmy,别管这个了。 |
[13:03] | D’AMBROSIO: So, it’s bad there’s no proof | 那么,没有他买家具的证据是很糟的, |
[13:06] | he bought furniture. What do we do? | 我们该怎么办? |
[13:08] | We got no choice. | 我们别无选择。 |
[13:11] | We stick with our original plan. | 我们按原计划进行。 |
[13:12] | There was no arson. | 不存在纵火。 |
[13:14] | The fire was accidental. | 火灾是一场事故。 |
[13:15] | Even if Tucker did set it, | 即使Tucker说是他干的。 |
[13:17] | you weren’t involved. | 跟你也没有关系。 |
[13:20] | It’s not great, but it’s all we got. | 这样并不好,但我们只能这样。 |
[13:34] | Did our lottery ticket hit? | 我们的彩票中奖了吗? |
[13:35] | No, um, you’re lucky in love. | 不是,呃,你情场得意啦。 |
[13:40] | You came so late, you missed The Singers. | 你来得太晚了,你错过了那个唱情歌的人。 |
[13:41] | Don’t tell me that– | 不会是。。。 |
[13:42] | They were pretty good. FRUTT: Yeah. | - 他们真的很般配。 - 是呀 |
[13:43] | You think Skip will ask you to the prom? | 你认为Skip会邀请你参加高中舞会吗? |
[13:45] | I’ll drive you guys if you want. | 如果你们愿意,我会开车送你们。 |
[13:46] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[13:47] | This isn’t funny. | 这一点也好笑。 |
[13:48] | I’m gonna have to tell Skip to stop it. | 我必须要去让Skip就此打住。 |
[13:51] | You know how bad that makes me feel? | 你们知道这让我多不舒服吗? |
[13:57] | When the heat of the fire reached 165 degrees, | 当火的热度达到165度时, |
[14:01] | it set off the sprinkler system, | 启动了自动喷水灭火系统, |
[14:02] | and that dropped the water pressure, | 但那导致水压下降, |
[14:04] | which tripped an alarm at dispatch. | 这触发了消防调度中心的警报。 |
[14:06] | When did the first engine company arrive? | 第一家消防中队什么时候到的? |
[14:10] | MAN: Within five minutes, but by then, | 五分钟内,但到那时, |
[14:11] | flashover had taken place. | 发生了闪燃。 |
[14:13] | The fire burned so hot and so fast, | 火势温度过高,蔓延过快, |
[14:15] | it literally exploded the building. | 简直是把厂房给炸掉了。 |
[14:18] | GAMBLE: Where did the fire start? | 最初是在什么地方引燃的? |
[14:19] | MAN: It had two points of origin. | 有两个起火点。 |
[14:21] | Now, fires don’t naturally have two starting points, | 而火灾有两个起火点是不合理的, |
[14:25] | so we brought in a dog | 所以我们带去一条受过嗅出助燃剂训练的狗。 |
[14:26] | trained to sniff out fire accelerants. | 所以我们带去一条受过嗅出助燃剂训练的狗。 |
[14:28] | GAMBLE: What did you find? | 有什么发现? |
[14:29] | MAN: The place had been soaked in linseed oil. | 那地方已经被亚麻子油浸透了。 |
[14:31] | That’s a common fire accelerant. | 那是一种常用的助燃剂。 |
[14:34] | GAMBLE: Did you review a coroner’s report | 你看过那个罹难者的验尸报告吗? |
[14:36] | of the man who died? | 你看过那个罹难者的验尸报告吗? |
[14:37] | I did. | 是的。 |
[14:38] | The position of the body | 尸体的位置 |
[14:40] | and the pink flesh in the trachea | 以及气管里的肉色为粉红色 |
[14:41] | show that he did not die of smoke inhalation. | 表明他不是死于吸入烟雾。 |
[14:43] | He burned to death. | 他是被烧死的。 |
[14:45] | Combustion was so quick and so intense, | 燃烧如此迅速,如此剧烈, |
[14:48] | it was more like a bomb than a fire. | 这更像是一个炸弹,而不是一场火灾。 |
[14:51] | BERLUTI: Before the fire was even out, | 在火还没熄灭之前, |
[14:53] | you assumed this was arson? | 你就假设这是纵火吗? |
[14:55] | I assume all fires are arson | 直到我能证明是别的原因之前 |
[14:57] | until I can prove otherwise. | 所有的火灾我都会假设是纵火。 |
[14:59] | But you had no direct evidence this was arson. | 但你没有直接证据证明是纵火。 |
[15:02] | Unless we catch them at the scene holding a match, | 除非我们在现场抓住他们正拿着根火柴, |
[15:04] | we never do. | 我们从未抓到过。 |
[15:05] | BERLUTI: Did you check the electrical system | 你们检查了电气系统以便确定是否其导致火灾吗? |
[15:07] | to see if that could have caused the fire? | 你们检查了电气系统以便确定是否其导致火灾吗? |
[15:09] | We didn’t find any system failures. | 我们没有发现任何系统故障。 |
[15:11] | There still could have been one? | 但那仍然是一个可能的原因吧? |
[15:12] | It’s possible but– | 是有可能,但是。。。 |
[15:14] | Your report says you found | 你的报有告称你发现了强行闯入的情况。 |
[15:16] | forced entry into the building. | 你的报有告称你发现了强行闯入的情况。 |
[15:18] | I found a door had been kicked open, | 我发现了一扇门被踢开了, |
[15:20] | but that could have been one of our men | 但那可能是我们的一个人为了散出烟雾而踢开的。 |
[15:22] | ventilating smoke. | 但那可能是我们的一个人为了散出烟雾而踢开的。 |
[15:23] | BERLUTI: Or a homeless person could have broken in | 或者一个流浪汉可能会闯进去取暖导致火灾, |
[15:25] | to get warm and accidentally caused the fire. | 或者一个流浪汉可能会闯进去取暖导致火灾, |
[15:28] | It was cold that night. | 当晚很冷。 |
[15:30] | Isn’t that possible? | 有这种可能吗? |
[15:31] | Yes, but– | 有,但是。。。 |
[15:33] | BERLUTI: You just told Ms. Gamble | 你刚才告诉Gamble女士,起火点 |
[15:34] | the place was soaked in linseed oil, | 被亚麻籽油浸透了, |
[15:36] | but your report said you didn’t smell any. | 但你的报告说你没闻到什么味道。 |
[15:39] | It’s possible the fire was so hot | 火势很大,可能把证据都烧毁了。 |
[15:41] | it burned off that evidence. | 火势很大,可能把证据都烧毁了。 |
[15:42] | BERLUTI: Couldn’t something else in the warehouse | 仓库里有些别的东西可以助长火势吗? |
[15:44] | have contributed to the fire’s heat? | 仓库里有些别的东西可以助长火势吗? |
[15:46] | They use lacquer to finish tables, | 他们给桌子刷漆, |
[15:48] | solvents, thinners, | 还有溶剂、稀释剂, |
[15:49] | all of which can combust when it’s hot. | 当温度升高的时候,它们都会燃烧。 |
[15:51] | But as you said, it was cold that night, | 但正如你所说,那天晚上很冷, |
[15:54] | so that kind of combustion is not possible. | 所以这种燃烧是不可能的。 |
[15:57] | Plus, the dog didn’t alert to other fuels, | 另外,狗没有闻出其他燃料的气味, |
[15:59] | meaning they weren’t there. | 那意味着那里没有这些东西。 |
[16:00] | Or they were, but like you said, | 或者是有这些东西,如你所说, |
[16:03] | the fire was so hot, | 火势过大, |
[16:05] | it burned them all up. | 把这些都烧光了。 |
[16:12] | If you’re gonna play the theme from “Ice Castles” again– | 如果你想再演一次“冰城堡”的主题 |
[16:14] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[16:18] | You know, don’t say anything. | 什么都别说。 |
[16:20] | Just come here. | 来这儿 |
[16:23] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[16:25] | I don’t like to give these people material | 我不想给这些人开我玩笑的素材 |
[16:27] | to make fun of me with. | 我不想给这些人开我玩笑的素材 |
[16:28] | SKIP: I’m sorry. | 对不起。 |
[16:29] | I just really wanna show you how I feel. | 我只是想告诉你我的感受。 |
[16:31] | I know, okay? | 我知道,好了吧? |
[16:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:34] | You’re embarrassing me by sending flowers | 你送花给我,还有这样冒出来,这些让我感到难堪。 |
[16:37] | and showing up like this. | 你送花给我,还有这样冒出来,这些让我感到难堪。 |
[16:38] | You’re the most beautiful, | 你是我见过的最漂亮最特别的女人。 |
[16:40] | most special woman I have ever seen. | 你是我见过的最漂亮最特别的女人。 |
[16:42] | Oh, Skip… | 噢,Skip。。。 |
[16:44] | SKIP: You are. | 你就是。 |
[16:45] | My whole life I’ve always thought | 我一辈子都在想 |
[16:47] | if you want something and you work hard | 如果你想要什么,而且足够坚信足够努力 |
[16:49] | and believe enough, you can have it. | 你就能拥有它。 |
[16:52] | Why do you talk about me like I’m a school project? | 你为什么把我当作一个学校的项目来谈论? |
[16:55] | I would do anything for you. | 我愿意为你做任何事。 |
[16:59] | My parents were young when they met. | 我父母相识时也很年轻 |
[17:02] | Lucy, I love you. | Lucy,我爱你。 |
[17:11] | I want you to take this with my heart. | 我希望你接受我的心意。 |
[17:17] | I know it’ll be tough because we’re young, | 我知道这很难,因为我们很年轻, |
[17:19] | but I think we can be happy. | 但我认为我们可以幸福。 |
[17:29] | I have absolutely no idea what to say to this. | 我完全不知道该说什么。 |
[17:33] | Just don’t say no. | 只要别说“不”就行。 |
[17:41] | GAMBLE: Had the defendant recently increased | 被告最近提高了他的火险保费了吗? |
[17:43] | his fire insurance policy? | 被告最近提高了他的火险保费了吗? |
[17:45] | A month before the fire, he doubled it. | 火灾前一个月,他提高了一倍。 |
[17:48] | The warehouse was insured for $6,000,000, | 仓库的保险额为六百万美金。 |
[17:51] | the stock, an additional 2,000,000. | 存货再加二百万。 |
[17:53] | After the fire, did he file a claim? | 火灾后,他提出理赔了吗? |
[17:56] | MAN: For the full amount. | 是全额理赔, |
[17:58] | We conducted an investigation | 我们做了调查 |
[17:59] | and found that Mr. D’Ambrosio’s business | D’Ambrosio的生意在火灾前正在赔钱。 |
[18:01] | was losing money prior to the fire. | D’Ambrosio的生意在火灾前正在赔钱。 |
[18:04] | His orders had dried up, | 他的订单萎缩, |
[18:06] | yet he was still manufacturing | 但他还在生产新产品存入库房。 |
[18:08] | new merchandise to stock his warehouse. | 但他还在生产新产品存入库房。 |
[18:11] | GAMBLE: What did you do? | 你们怎么处理的? |
[18:12] | MAN: We forwarded our suspicions to the D. A., | 我们把我们的怀疑和调查转呈给地检部门。 |
[18:14] | along with our findings. | 我们把我们的怀疑和调查转呈给地检部门。 |
[18:16] | But you paid the claim anyway. | 但不管怎样,你们还是支付了赔偿金。 |
[18:18] | Why would you do that? | 你们为什么那么做? |
[18:19] | MAN: The law says if we fail to make a payment | 法律规定如果我们没有合理的理由 |
[18:21] | within a reasonable time, we can be sued | 而拒绝理赔的话,我们会因失信而被起诉, |
[18:23] | for bad faith and face triple damages. | 并面对三倍的赔偿。 |
[18:26] | Juries don’t like insurance companies, | 陪审团讨厌保险公司, |
[18:29] | and we didn’t wanna risk a trial. | 而且我们也不想冒险去上庭。 |
[18:31] | You didn’t wanna risk a trial. | 你们不想冒险去上庭。 |
[18:33] | You’d rather my client risk one. | 但你们宁愿让你们的客户冒这个险。 |
[18:35] | Is that a question? | 这算是个问题吗? |
[18:36] | BERLUTI: If my client is convicted of arson, | 如果我的当事人被判纵火罪, |
[18:38] | he’ll be ordered to pay restitution to you, | 他会被责令将赔偿金归还给你们, |
[18:41] | meaning you’ll get all your money back, | 意味着你会把所有的钱都拿回来, |
[18:43] | plus interest. | 还有利息。 |
[18:44] | If he defrauded us, I think we’re entitled to that. | 如果他欺骗了我们,我认为我们有资格得到那样的结果。 |
[18:47] | You could also bring a 93A fraud action | 你还可以针对我的当事人 |
[18:50] | against my client and get triple damages, | 提起93A反欺诈条款已获得三倍的损害赔偿。 |
[18:53] | meaning your company could end up | 意味着你们公司在这次火灾中 |
[18:55] | making money off of this fire. | 最终还可以赚钱。 |
[18:56] | I suppose. | 我想是的。 |
[18:58] | When you handed the fire inspector your report, | 当你把你的报告提交给火灾巡检官员时 |
[19:01] | you were hoping they’d come after Mr. D’Ambrosio. | 你希望他们追查D’Ambrosio先生。 |
[19:04] | MAN: The law requires that we report | 法律要求我们上报所有可疑的火灾。 |
[19:06] | all suspicious fires. | 法律要求我们上报所有可疑的火灾。 |
[19:08] | But you have the most to gain | 如果我的当事人被判纵火罪, |
[19:11] | if my client is convicted of arson. | 你是最有收获的。 |
[19:13] | Arson costs insurance companies | 纵火给保险公司造成了数十亿美元的损失 |
[19:15] | billions of dollars, which, frankly, | 对此,坦率地说, |
[19:18] | we pass on to consumers. | 我们把这些都转嫁给客户们。 |
[19:20] | We all gain when arsonists are punished. | 如果纵火犯得到惩罚,我们大家都会获利。 |
[19:23] | Move to strike, nonresponsive. | 请求排除证词,答非所问。 |
[19:26] | Sorry, Mr. Berluti. I’d say he responded | 对不起,Berluti先生,我要说这个回答 |
[19:28] | very directly to your question. | 非常直接地回答了你得问题。 |
[19:30] | Objection overruled. | 反对被驳回。 |
[19:36] | So far, I say we played them even. | 到目前为止,我可以说是打成平手。 |
[19:38] | Which is good. | 这还不错吧。 |
[19:39] | DONNELL: Honestly, no. | 说实话,不好。 |
[19:42] | Trials have a momentum. | 庭审是有一种惯性的。 |
[19:45] | People make up their mind before closings. | 人们在结案陈词之前就会做出结论。 |
[19:47] | We wanted to create reasonable doubt with the jury | 我们要在Tucker出庭作证前, |
[19:49] | before Tucker got on the stand. | 就给陪审团建立起合理怀疑。 |
[19:51] | BERLUTI: That stuff about the insurance | 有关保险和你的生意不佳的问题。。。 |
[19:53] | and your business going down– | 有关保险和你的生意不佳的问题。。。 |
[19:55] | We knew they were gonna bring that up. | 我们都知道他们会搬出这些来的。 |
[19:56] | The whole country’s in an economic downturn. | 全国都在经济衰退。 |
[19:59] | Every business has insurance. | 每家企业都上了保险。 |
[20:01] | DONNELL: The point is to have any chance at all. | 关键在于,无论如何要抓住机会。 |
[20:03] | We need to take Tucker out. | 我们需要搞定Tucker。 |
[20:07] | Bobby, I want you to cross-examine Tucker. | Bobby,我希望由你对Tucker进行交叉质询。 |
[20:11] | Mr. D’Ambrosio, I’m preparing for that. | D’Ambrosio先生,我在对此做准备。 |
[20:14] | Jimmy, you’re getting shelled in there. | Jimmy,你在法庭上不断受挫。 |
[20:17] | That Gamble, she scores every time she gets up. | 那个Gamble,她每次站起来就会占到上风。 |
[20:20] | I got a right to call for relief. | 我有权要求让我得到些宽慰吧。 |
[20:22] | You’re not doing the job. I don’t think that’s fair. | - 你没做好你该做的事。 - 你这样说对我不公平。 |
[20:25] | D’AMBROSIO: I don’t care what you think. | 我猜不管你怎么想呢。 |
[20:26] | They wanna put me in prison for murder. | 他们要把我以谋杀罪送进监狱。 |
[20:28] | You understand that? | 你明白吗? |
[20:30] | They’re treating me like I’m public enemy number one, | 他们把我当成头号公敌一样对待, |
[20:33] | like I’m from the gutter | 在我用一生证明了我和他们一样优秀之后, |
[20:34] | after I spent my whole life | 在我用一生证明了我和他们一样优秀之后, |
[20:35] | proving that I’m as good as any of them. | 却好像我是来自社会底层似的。 |
[20:38] | I can’t afford to care about your feelings. | 我顾不上照顾你的情绪。 |
[20:42] | I got to be smart about this. | 对此我得放聪明些了。 |
[20:46] | I want the Irishman to cross Tucker, | 我要这个爱尔兰人去交叉盘问Tucker |
[20:50] | not you. | 而不是你。 |
[21:05] | It’s him. I can’t answer it. | 是他,我不能接。 |
[21:07] | I can’t believe you got engaged before me. | 我不敢相信你比我先订婚了。 |
[21:09] | I’m not engaged. | 我可没订婚。 |
[21:11] | DOLE: At least 2 karats. | 至少2克拉。 |
[21:12] | How much does that cost? FRUTT: Yeah. | - 这得多少钱呀? - 是呀。 |
[21:13] | I don’t wanna know. | 我可不想知道。 |
[21:15] | At least $6,000. | 至少六千块。 |
[21:17] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办呀? |
[21:18] | Well, I tried to give it back, | 唉,我试过退回去。 |
[21:21] | but he wouldn’t leave until I promised | 但我不答应他起码考虑一下的话, |
[21:22] | to at least think about it. | 他就赖着不走。 |
[21:24] | It is kind of sweet. | 这也是一种甜蜜。 |
[21:28] | Hello, Skip. | 喂,Skip。 |
[21:31] | You’re where? | 你在哪儿? |
[21:34] | Listen to me, I don’t care how you feel right now. | 听我说,我不在乎你现在的感受如何。 |
[21:36] | Don’t say anything. | 什么也别说了。 |
[21:39] | No. | 不行。 |
[21:40] | Until we get there, | 我们到之前, |
[21:41] | do not speak to the FBI. | 别跟FBI说话。 |
[21:45] | Did you just say, “the FBI”? | 你刚才说,“FBI”? |
[21:46] | Skip’s been arrested. | Skip被逮捕了。 |
[21:48] | For what? | 为什么? |
[21:49] | Something about federal wire fraud. | 有关联邦电话诈骗罪的什么事。 |
[21:54] | The police arrested me at the scene. | 警察把我当场抓个正着。 |
[21:56] | I was videotaping the fire. | 我正在给火灾录像。 |
[21:58] | GAMBLE: You do that a lot? | 你经常这么做吗? |
[21:59] | Only when I set them. | 只录我自己放的火。 |
[22:01] | The police searched my house. | 警察搜查了我的家。 |
[22:02] | They found my whole collection. | 他们把我全部的藏品都翻出来了。 |
[22:04] | How did you set this fire? | 你怎么放的火? |
[22:06] | I soaked some fabric with fuel. | 我用燃料浸湿了一些不了。 |
[22:08] | There was a bolt of upholstery in the warehouse, | 库房那儿有一堆装饰用品, |
[22:10] | a very nice flame stitch pattern, | 是一种非常漂亮的火焰编织图案, |
[22:13] | which seemed appropriate. | 这似乎挺应景儿。 |
[22:15] | What kind of fuel did you use? | 你用的是什么燃料? |
[22:17] | That dog was right, linseed oil. | 那狗闻的对,是亚麻子油。 |
[22:20] | GAMBLE: Tell us how you ignited the fire. | 告诉我们你是如何引燃的。 |
[22:22] | NORMAN: Not wanting to burn myself up, | 为了不烧到自己, |
[22:24] | I used a delay device. | 我使用了延时装置。 |
[22:26] | All you need is a lit cigarette. | 你只需要一支点燃的香烟。 |
[22:28] | Why did you set this fire? | 你为什么要放火? |
[22:30] | My ex-wife’s lady lawyer | 我前妻的女律师帮她搞到我一大笔赡养费 |
[22:32] | got her a huge alimony. | 我前妻的女律师帮她搞到我一大笔赡养费 |
[22:35] | So when D’Ambrosio complained | 所以当Ambrosio抱怨说他的生意在走下坡路。 |
[22:37] | that his business was tubing, | 所以当Ambrosio抱怨说他的生意在走下坡路。 |
[22:39] | I offered to burn it down for $50,000. | 我提出要5万美元把它烧掉。 |
[22:43] | GAMBLE: When did you make this offer? | 你什么时候提出的? |
[22:45] | One week before I did it. | 放火之前的一个礼拜。 |
[22:47] | We met on the commons in the middle of the day. | 我们那天中午在公共场合约着见面。 |
[22:49] | How did he pay you? | 他怎么给你钱的? |
[22:51] | Upfront, in cash. | 预付,用现金。 |
[22:54] | We did all our business in cash. | 我们做生意全用现金。 |
[22:59] | DONNELL: How many fires have you set in your life? | 你这一辈子放过多少次火? |
[23:00] | That’s like asking me how many times | 这就像问我揍过我前妻多少次。 |
[23:02] | I beat my ex-wife. | 这就像问我揍过我前妻多少次一样。 |
[23:03] | I can’t remember exactly. | 我记不得到底有多少次。 |
[23:05] | DONNELL: By testifying against my client, | 通过作证指证我的当事人, |
[23:06] | you get a pass on those fires? | 你那些纵火罪行都被放过了吧? |
[23:08] | I better. | 应该是。 |
[23:09] | And a reduced sentence for felony murder of the night watchman | 还有针对本案中守夜人死亡引发的重罪谋杀罪的减刑? |
[23:12] | in this case? | 还有针对本案中守夜人死亡引发的重罪谋杀罪的减刑? |
[23:13] | I deserve that. | 我理应获得减刑。 |
[23:15] | I never meant to hurt anyone. | 我从未想伤害任何人。 |
[23:17] | DONNELL: Your obsession with fire, | 你对火的痴迷, |
[23:18] | you ever gratify yourself sexually watching a fire? | 你可曾看着大火以使自己的性欲得到满足? |
[23:22] | Have you? | 你呢? |
[23:23] | Answer the question. | 回答问题。 |
[23:27] | Yeah, I’ve done that. | 是的,我那样做过。 |
[23:28] | DONNELL: So, your motive for setting fires isn’t economic. | 那么说,你放火的冬季不是出于经济原因。 |
[23:32] | You never set them for money before. | 你以前从未因为钱放火。 |
[23:35] | No, this is the first time I took money for it. | 不,这是我第一次为了钱放火。 |
[23:37] | Ever lie about setting a fire? | 就有关放火的事撒过谎吗? |
[23:38] | To avoid getting caught? Yeah. | 为了避免被捕吗?是的,撒过谎。 |
[23:40] | Like you’re lying now to avoid punishment? | 就如现在为了免于受到惩处而撒谎吗? |
[23:42] | I am not lying now, Mr. Donnell. | 我现在没撒谎,Donnell先生。 |
[23:45] | DONNELL: Nobody can verify any part of your story | 没有人能证实你收钱放火的说辞中的任何一点。 |
[23:48] | about getting paid for this. | 没有人能证实你收钱放火的说辞中的任何一点。 |
[23:49] | Your client could. | 你的当事人可以。 |
[23:50] | Move to strike. KIMBALL: Sustained. | – 请求排除这句证词。 – 反对有效。 |
[23:52] | The jury will disregard. | 陪审团应予以忽略。 |
[23:53] | DONNELL: Mr. Tucker, isn’t it a fact | Tucker先生,你主动接触检方, |
[23:55] | that you approached the D. A. | 并表明你会指证我的当事人。 |
[23:57] | and suggested you’d accuse my client? | 这不是事实吗? |
[23:59] | It seemed like a good idea. | 这似乎是个好主意。 |
[24:01] | DONNELL: You say my client gave you a key | 你说我的当事人给了你一把仓库的钥匙 |
[24:03] | to the warehouse. Where is it? | 钥匙在哪儿? |
[24:04] | I lost it. | 我弄丢了。 |
[24:05] | DONNELL: What about the money? | 那钱呢? |
[24:07] | Sorry? The $50,000 | – 你说什么? – 那五万美金。 |
[24:09] | you say my client gave you, | 你说我的当事人给了你, |
[24:11] | where is it? | 钱在哪儿? |
[24:12] | You wouldn’t believe me. | 我说了你也不会信的。 |
[24:13] | Try me. | 说说看。 |
[24:16] | It burnt in the fire. | 在火灾中被烧了。 |
[24:17] | I left it behind in the warehouse. | 我把钱留在仓库后面了。 |
[24:19] | I always wanted to have money to burn. | 我一直想烧钱玩。 |
[24:21] | You were right. I didn’t do it for money after all. | 你是对的,毕竟我不是为了钱才这么做的。 |
[24:24] | You’re so smart. | 你太聪明了。 |
[24:26] | You’re not, not if you expect this jury | 如果你盼着陪审团相信你的说法的话, |
[24:29] | to believe that story. | 那你可算不上聪明。 |
[24:32] | Nothing further. | 没有问题要问了。 |
[24:49] | Your boyfriend ran a pyramid scheme. | 你的男朋友运作一个叫金字塔的计划。 |
[24:51] | He’s not my boyfriend. | 他不是我的男朋友。 |
[24:52] | Lucy, please. | Lucy,别说话。 |
[24:54] | What do you people think Skip did? | 你们认为Skip做了什么? |
[24:55] | He promised a million-dollar return on a $25 investment. | 他许诺说投资25元可以获得一百万的回报。 |
[24:59] | How? | 怎么做? |
[25:00] | Through a chain letter email. | 通过寄出大量要求连锁转发的邮件。 |
[25:02] | Each person sends out five dollars | 每个人都另外五个人分别寄出五块钱。 |
[25:04] | to five other people, | 每个人都另外五个人分别寄出五块钱。 |
[25:05] | one of whom is always Hyman. | 但那其中总有一个人是Hyman。 |
[25:07] | Then they forward the email | 然后他们转发电子邮件给尽可能多的人。 |
[25:08] | to as many people as possible. | 然后他们转发电子邮件给尽可能多的人。 |
[25:10] | Hyman got five dollars | Hyman从1400个人那里得到了每人寄来的5美金。 |
[25:12] | from fourteen hundred people. | Hyman从1400个人那里得到了每人寄来的5美金。 |
[25:15] | He must have used that money to buy the ring. | 他一定是用那笔钱买了戒指。 |
[25:18] | He’s not even 18. | 他甚至还不到18岁。 |
[25:19] | I thought the feds didn’t do juvie cases. | 我以为联邦调查局不管青少年的案件。 |
[25:22] | We don’t unless there’s federal jurisdiction. | 除非是属于联邦管辖权范围,否则我们不会管的。 |
[25:23] | He committed federal wire fraud. | 他犯了联邦电信欺诈罪。 |
[25:25] | The U. S. attorney must | 联邦司法部办公室总还是有些别的更重要的事吧。 |
[25:27] | have better things to do than this. | 联邦司法部办公室总还是有些别的更重要的事吧。 |
[25:29] | Oh, we always have time | 噢,对于一些显眼的案子, |
[25:31] | for high visibility cases. | 我们总是可以抽出时间来办。 |
[25:32] | Wait a minute. You’re putting out | 等一下,你向媒体公布这个案件了? |
[25:34] | a press release on this? | 等一下,你向媒体公布这个案件了? |
[25:35] | For deterrent purposes? Absolutely. | 为了威慑的目的?当然了。 |
[25:37] | You’re gonna ruin this kid’s life! | 你会毁了这孩子的一生的! |
[25:40] | How much trouble is he in? | 他麻烦有多大? |
[25:42] | Fourteen hundred separate counts | 一千四百个分立的电信诈骗罪名 |
[25:43] | of wire fraud at five per. | 每个罪名判五年。 |
[25:45] | Seven thousand years? | 七千年? |
[25:47] | Only if they run consecutively. | 只是在刑期连续执行的情况下。 |
[25:49] | The good news is | 好的一面是 |
[25:50] | we’ve decided you were not involved. | 我们已经认定你没有涉案。 |
[25:52] | Me? | 我? |
[25:53] | What makes you think she was involved? | 你凭什么会觉得她涉案了? |
[25:54] | She barely knows Skip. | 她都不怎么了解Skip。 |
[25:56] | Oh, really? | 噢,真的吗? |
[25:58] | Then why did he spend the night at her place? | 那他为什么在她家过夜? |
[26:01] | Ellenor, | |
[26:03] | not here. | 别在这儿问。 |
[26:05] | Not now. | 现在别问。 |
[26:11] | They arrested me at a track meet. | 他们在田径运动会上逮捕了我。 |
[26:15] | They even took my spikes. | 他们甚至拿走了我的钉鞋。 |
[26:17] | Skip, where’s your mom? | Skip,你妈妈在哪儿? |
[26:20] | I didn’t call her. | 我没给她打电话。 |
[26:22] | I called Lucy. | 我找了Lucy。 |
[26:23] | You need to call her. | 你得给她打电话。 |
[26:25] | I wanna introduce you when it’s right, | 我打算事情过去后再把你介绍给她, |
[26:28] | not now like this. | 而不是现在这样的情况下。 |
[26:30] | What were you thinking with that chain letter? | 那个连锁转发邮件的事,你是怎么想的呀? |
[26:33] | I swear I didn’t know it was illegal. | 我发誓我不知道那是违法的。 |
[26:36] | Someone sent it to me first. | 起初是有人发给我的。 |
[26:37] | It doesn’t matter! Please, | – 那并不重要! – 求你了。 |
[26:40] | don’t let this affect your decision. | 不要让这事影响你。 |
[26:42] | We can still be happy. | 我们还会很幸福的。 |
[26:47] | I have to admit I did cash business with Tucker. | 我得承认我和Tucker是用现金做生意的。 |
[26:50] | DONNELL: You need to explain how it is you knew him | 你需要解释你是怎么认识他的, |
[26:53] | and why there is no proof. | 以及为什么没有留存交易记录。 |
[26:54] | I’ll have the IRS all over me. | 那样我会把国税局的人都招来了。 |
[26:56] | DONNELL: You rather get convicted of murder? | 难道你宁愿被判谋杀罪名成立吗? |
[26:58] | You need to testify. | 你需要出庭作证。 |
[27:00] | If you don’t, the jury will think | 如果你不作证,陪审团会认为 |
[27:02] | you’re hiding something. I got nothing to hide. | – 你在隐瞒一些事情。 – 我什么也没隐瞒。 |
[27:05] | I do business just like they do it | 我和在Beacon Hill富人区那些人做生意的方式是一样的。 |
[27:07] | up on Beacon Hill, | 我和在Beacon Hill富人区那些人做生意的方式是一样的。 |
[27:08] | only they don’t charge them with murder. | 只不过他们没有被控谋杀罪。 |
[27:10] | Can’t he take the fifth on the taxes? | 他不能在涉及税务方面的问题上引用第五修正案吗? |
[27:12] | If he does, his whole testimony will be struck, | 如果他那样做,他全部的证词都会被质疑。 |
[27:14] | and that he will definitely be convicted. | 那样他肯定会被判罪名成立的。 |
[27:16] | If you had crossed Tucker better, | 如果你对Tucker交叉盘问时做得更好些, |
[27:18] | I wouldn’t have to testify. | 我可能就不必作证了。 |
[27:20] | You know what? I’ve had enough of this. | 我做得够好了,懂吗? |
[27:21] | I haven’t said anything before out of respect to Jimmy, | 出于对Jimmy的尊重,我以前都没说什么, |
[27:23] | but you’re out of line. | 但你太过分了。 |
[27:25] | Hey, I’m paying for performance here, | 嘿,我在这是为了有成效的工作而付钱的, |
[27:26] | not excuses. End of story. | 别找借口。没你的事了。 |
[27:29] | I’m putting you back in charge. | 我让你重新来负责。 |
[27:40] | They just called. | 他们刚打电话来。 |
[27:41] | D’Ambrosio’s testifying. | D’Ambrosio要作证。 |
[27:43] | He’s up after lunch. | 午饭后由他出庭作证。 |
[27:44] | That’s good. Is it? | – 不错 – 是吗? |
[27:47] | The defendant doesn’t take the stand unless he has to. | 如无必要,被告是不会出庭作证的。 |
[27:49] | Or unless he’s got a good story. | 或者他有了好的说辞。 |
[27:51] | Better be good after Tucker. | 在Tucker作证后,他最好找个更好的说辞出来。 |
[27:53] | I wasn’t so thrilled by his performance. | 我对Tucker的表现并不感到开心。 |
[27:56] | He did enough. | 他做得足够好了。 |
[27:57] | GAMBLE: He looked like something | 他看起来像是从马桶里爬出来似的。 |
[27:59] | that just crawled out of the toilet. | 他看起来像是从马桶里爬出来似的。 |
[28:00] | The jury knows what’s going on. | 陪审团明白怎么回事。 |
[28:02] | They know D’Ambrosio’s guilty. | 他们知道D’Ambrosio是有罪的。 |
[28:04] | I’m not so sure I agree. | 我可不敢苟同。 |
[28:06] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎。 |
[28:09] | I can’t afford your internal debates, Helen. | 我没空跟你做内部辩论,Helen |
[28:12] | We’ve been losing too much. | 我们输掉的案子太多了。 |
[28:14] | It’s hard enough to win these cases | 这些案子太难赢了 |
[28:16] | with you second-guessing | 而且你还对我们的目的和方法事后品头论足 |
[28:17] | our motives and methods. | 而且你还对我们的目的和方法事后品头论足 |
[28:20] | If you can’t do the job, | 如果你做不了这份差事, |
[28:22] | then get the hell out. | 那就滚出去。 |
[28:24] | But until you do, | 但在那之前, |
[28:25] | you go after D’Ambrosio hard | 你给我紧紧地咬住D’Ambrosio, |
[28:28] | and win this case. | 赢下这个案子。 |
[28:36] | I’ve been in business a long time. | 我做生意很长时间了。 |
[28:39] | A lot of companies went overseas | 很多公司为了节约成本 |
[28:41] | or down south to save money. | 都转移到海外或者南方。 |
[28:43] | I stayed in Boston. | 我留在了波士顿。 |
[28:45] | I’ve done a lot of good | 我做了很多善事 |
[28:46] | by giving jobs to a lot of people. | 提供给很多人工作。 |
[28:48] | It’s never just been about money, | 绝不是仅仅为了钱。 |
[28:50] | not to me. | 也不是为了我自己。 |
[28:51] | The people in my business, | 在我工厂里工作的人, |
[28:53] | they’re family, | 都是家人一样。 |
[28:55] | and I would never hurt my family. | 我绝对不会伤害自己的家人。 |
[28:58] | BERLUTI: Do you deny knowing Norman Tucker? | 你否认你认识Norman Tucker吗? |
[29:00] | No, he was my customer. | 不否认,他是我的一个客户。 |
[29:02] | I sold him furniture for several years. | 我卖给他家具好几年了。 |
[29:05] | BERLUTI: Did you hire him to burn your business? | 你是雇用了他烧毁你的生意吗? |
[29:07] | Absolutely not. | 绝对没有。 |
[29:10] | I have nothing further. | 我没有问题要问了。 |
[29:17] | There’s no record that you ever sold | 没有你卖给Tucker先生家具的任何记录。 |
[29:19] | any furniture to Mr. Tucker. | 没有你卖给Tucker先生家具的任何记录。 |
[29:21] | It was done in cash to avoid taxes. | 那都是现金交易为了避税。 |
[29:24] | That was wrong. | 那样做是不对的。 |
[29:25] | I admit it. | 我承认这一点。 |
[29:27] | What about the chemical dumping? | 那倾倒化学品呢? |
[29:28] | Do you admit that was wrong? | 你承认那是错误的吗? |
[29:29] | Objection, relevance. | 反对,有何关联 |
[29:31] | GAMBLE: Goes to motive. Your Honor, | 法官大人,为了找出犯罪动机。 |
[29:32] | the EPA was investigating the warehouse | 环保局正在调查你仓库的非法废物处理问题。 |
[29:34] | for illegal waste disposal. | 环保局正在调查事发仓库的非法废物处理问题。 |
[29:35] | The fire made the investigation moot. | 这场火灾使调查无疾而终。 |
[29:38] | Overruled. | 反对被驳回。 |
[29:39] | D’AMBROSIO: I’m an American businessman. | 我是一个美国商人。 |
[29:40] | I’m used to being overregulated. | 我对被严格监管是习以为常的。 |
[29:42] | I don’t burn my business because of it. | 我不会因此去烧掉我自己的生意。 |
[29:45] | Business for you was bad. | 但这生意对你是个麻烦了。 |
[29:46] | Business goes in cycles. | 做生意是周期性的。 |
[29:48] | It goes up, it goes down. | 有时候好,有时候差。 |
[29:50] | You had operating losses for six straight quarters. | 你连续六个季度亏损。 |
[29:53] | D’AMBROSIO: I don’t shrivel up and die | 我不会因为一时的坏运气而萎靡不振。 |
[29:54] | because of a bad streak. I work through it. | 我一直在努力。 |
[29:57] | I was coming back. | 我的情况正在好转。 |
[29:58] | The fire came just in time | 这场火灾及时地使你避免损失全部资产。 |
[30:00] | to save you from losing your shirt. | 这场火灾及时地使你避免损失全部资产。 |
[30:02] | D’AMBROSIO: Times were tough, yes, | 是的,时下很艰难。 |
[30:03] | but it didn’t stop me from serving on charity boards, | 但这并没有阻止我服务于慈善事业, |
[30:06] | raising money for a new hospital in the north end, | 为北区的一家新医院筹款, |
[30:08] | paying my employees on time. | 按时给我的员工发工资。 |
[30:11] | I didn’t commit any crime. | 我没有犯下任何罪行。 |
[30:14] | Mr. Tucker was your customer. | Tucker先生是你的客户。 |
[30:16] | When was the last time you two met? | 你们俩最后一次见面是什么时候? |
[30:19] | I don’t remember. | 我记不清了。 |
[30:20] | If we have a witness who says | 如果我们有证人说 |
[30:22] | he saw you with him on the commons | 在火灾一周前在公共场合 |
[30:24] | one week before the fire, | 看见了你和他在一起, |
[30:26] | would that refresh your recollection? | 那能唤起你的回忆吗? |
[30:34] | No, it wouldn’t. | 不,不会的。 |
[30:37] | You don’t sound so sure. | 听起来你不太肯定呀。 |
[30:39] | Objection! Withdrawn. | – 反对! – 我撤回这句。 |
[30:46] | I have nothing further. | 我没与问题要问了。 |
[31:06] | HATCHER: It’s been going on for six weeks, | 从他第一次来修电脑开始, |
[31:08] | from when he first fixed the computers. | 已经有六个星期了。 |
[31:11] | It was the end of the day. | 有天下班后。 |
[31:13] | We talked… | 我们先是在一起聊天。。。 |
[31:14] | to begin with. | 我们先是在一起聊天。。。 |
[31:17] | He’s really smart | 他真的很聪明 |
[31:18] | and he’s got this energy. | 充满活力。 |
[31:21] | It’s just the age difference. | 只是年龄有差距。 |
[31:23] | He told me he was 18. | 他告诉我他18岁。 |
[31:25] | Besides, I never slept with him. | 此外,我绝对没跟他上床。 |
[31:27] | He just stayed over one night ’cause it was late. | 因为太晚了,他只是在我那儿呆了一晚上。 |
[31:30] | Lucy, I am the last person to judge anyone | Lucy,相信我, |
[31:33] | about things like this, believe me. | 我是最不会去八卦别人这种事的人啦。 |
[31:35] | I don’t know how it happened, | 我不知道是怎么回事。 |
[31:39] | but there’s a part of me that really likes him. | 但我有点真的喜欢上他了。 |
[31:42] | And there’s nothing wrong with that. | 那就谈不上做错了什么。 |
[31:44] | It’s just– BETSY: Lucy Hatcher? | – 只是。。。 – Lucy Hatcher吗? |
[31:46] | I’m, uh, Skip’s mom | 我是,呃,Skip的妈妈。 |
[31:48] | Betsy Hyman. | 我叫Betsy Hyman。 |
[31:51] | I’m really sorry that we had to meet like this. | 我们不得不这样见面,实在不好意思。 |
[31:54] | Skip is right. | Skip说得对。 |
[31:56] | You are very pretty. | 你很漂亮。 |
[31:59] | As a mother, | 作为一个母亲, |
[32:00] | you worry who your son will fall for. | 你总是担心你儿子会被谁迷住。 |
[32:05] | Too bad Skip fell for such a slut. | Skip你上这样一个婊子真是太糟了。 |
[32:07] | Hey! BETSY: My son was perfect, | – 喂! – 我儿子很完美, |
[32:09] | then he meets you. | 然后他遇见了你。 |
[32:11] | Now he’s a criminal! | 现在他成了个罪犯! |
[32:16] | A man is dead, | 一个人死了, |
[32:17] | a business is ruined | 一个企业被烧掉了。 |
[32:20] | all because of greed. | 都是因为贪婪。 |
[32:22] | Ronald D’Ambrosio may not have lit the match, | Ronald D’Ambrosio也许没有拿着火柴去放火, |
[32:25] | but he’s the one who started the fire | 但是他是那个 |
[32:27] | the day he hired Norman Tucker | 从他雇用Norman Tucker去放火烧掉其库房的那天 |
[32:30] | to torch his warehouse. | 开始引发这起火灾的人。 |
[32:32] | But for D’Ambrosio, | 但对于D’Ambrosio来说, |
[32:34] | the fire never happens | 这起火灾以及守夜人被活活烧死, |
[32:36] | and the night watchman is never burned alive. | 跟从没有发生过一样。 |
[32:40] | See, most arson cases are based | 要知道,大多数纵火案都是根据间接证据。 |
[32:42] | on circumstantial evidence. | 要知道,大多数纵火案都是根据间接证据。 |
[32:44] | This one isn’t. | 这一起不是。 |
[32:46] | Norman Tucker gave direct testimony | Norman Tucker提供了直接的证词指认了被告。 |
[32:48] | against the defendant. | Norman Tucker提供了直接的证词指认了被告。 |
[32:50] | He told you how he committed the crime and why, | 他告诉你们他犯了罪已经为什么犯罪, |
[32:54] | money. | 因为钱。 |
[32:56] | Norman Tucker wanted to earn some by lighting a fire. | Norman Tucker想通过放火来获利。 |
[33:00] | D’Ambrosio wanted to earn some | D’Ambrosio想通过保险诈骗来获利。 |
[33:02] | through insurance fraud. | D’Ambrosio想通过保险诈骗来获利。 |
[33:04] | You may not like Tucker. | 你可能不喜欢Tucker。 |
[33:06] | You may be disgusted by him. | 你可能对他感到厌恶。 |
[33:10] | I am. | 我是的。 |
[33:12] | But the fact remains, | 但事实依然是, |
[33:14] | Tucker pled guilty to an arson | Tucker承认了一起被告付钱让他去干的纵火罪。 |
[33:17] | that the defendant paid him to commit. | Tucker承认了一起被告付钱让他去干的纵火罪。 |
[33:20] | When you have a criminal conspiracy, | 当你有犯罪阴谋时, |
[33:23] | you can’t expect to find | 你不能指望找到一个好人参与其中。 |
[33:25] | nice people involved. | 你不能指望找到一个好人参与其中。 |
[33:27] | We didn’t choose Tucker as a witness. | 我们没有选Tucker来作证。 |
[33:30] | D’Ambrosio chose him | 是D’Ambrosio选他做犯罪伙伴。 |
[33:32] | to be a partner in crime. | 是D’Ambrosio选他做犯罪伙伴。 |
[33:36] | You stick a crook in a nice suit, | 你给一个骗子穿上漂亮的衣服, |
[33:39] | he’s still a crook. | 他还是一个骗子。 |
[33:42] | Ronald D’Ambrosio | Ronald D’Ambrosio |
[33:45] | is a crook. | 就是个骗子。 |
[33:48] | BERLUTI: My client has been a pillar of the community | 我的当事人半个世纪来。一直是社区的支柱。 |
[33:52] | for almost half a century. | 我的当事人半个世纪来。一直是社区的支柱。 |
[33:54] | You could argue | 你们可以提出来 |
[33:55] | that they should build a statue for him. | 他们应该给他建一尊塑像。 |
[33:58] | Instead, | 可相反地 |
[33:59] | they charge him with murder. | 他们却指控他谋杀罪。 |
[34:02] | My client thinks | 我的当事人认为 |
[34:04] | what they really blame him for | 他们对他发难实际上是因为他是一个意大利裔美国人。 |
[34:06] | is being an Italian-American. | 他们对他发难实际上是因为他是一个意大利裔美国人。 |
[34:10] | He thinks if his name was Cabot or Lodge, | 他认为如果他的名字是Cabot或者Lodge的话, |
[34:12] | they would never have charged him. | 他们绝对不会指控他。 |
[34:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[34:16] | There’s been so many bad movies | 有那么多负面的电影 |
[34:18] | and overhyped television shows, | 和大肆宣传的电视节目, |
[34:21] | maybe people do think | 或许人们确实认为 |
[34:23] | if you’re a successful Italian-American, | 如果你是个成功的意大利裔美国人, |
[34:25] | you must be mobbed up. | 你一定是受犯罪集团影响的。 |
[34:28] | I know this, | 我知道的是, |
[34:30] | having insurance is not a motive. | 上保险不是犯罪。 |
[34:33] | Filing an insurance claim is not a crime. | 要求保险索赔不是犯罪。 |
[34:37] | They didn’t even prove this was arson | 他们甚至不能超越合理怀疑地证实这是一起纵火案。 |
[34:39] | beyond a reasonable doubt. | 他们甚至不能超越合理怀疑地证实这是一起纵火案。 |
[34:41] | And they never presented any evidence | 他们也没有拿出任何证据 |
[34:44] | linking my client to any arson | 把我的当事人和涉及Norman Tucker的纵火联系起来。 |
[34:47] | involving Norman Tucker. | 把我的当事人和涉及Norman Tucker的纵火联系起来。 |
[34:48] | Their whole case is built | 他们整个案子就依赖于 |
[34:50] | on the testimony | 一个精神错乱,自认说谎的骗子的证词。 |
[34:52] | of a demented, admitted liar | 一个精神错乱,自认说谎的骗子的证词。 |
[34:54] | who may or may not have started this fire, | 他也许是放火了,也许不是他放的火, |
[34:58] | but who says he sexually gratifies himself | 但他说过他看见房子燃烧就能得到性满足。 |
[35:01] | watching buildings burn. | 但他说过他看见房子燃烧就能得到性满足。 |
[35:03] | When the government gets into bed | 当政府和Norman Tucker这样的低等生物勾搭在一起时, |
[35:05] | with lowlifes like Norman Tucker, | 当政府和Norman Tucker这样的低等生物勾搭在一起时, |
[35:08] | it ought to make you mad. | 应该让你感到生气。 |
[35:10] | Don’t convict an innocent man | 不要根据来自一个疯子的被收买的证词 |
[35:13] | on the basis of bought testimony | 不要根据来自一个疯子的被收买的证词 |
[35:15] | from a crazy man. | 判一个无辜的人有罪。 |
[35:18] | Ronald D’Ambrosio… | Ronald D’Ambrosio。。。无罪。 |
[35:21] | is not guilty. | Ronald D’Ambrosio。。。无罪。 |
[35:27] | A Brooklyn plan for this guy? | 对他采用布鲁克林方案? (暂缓起诉方案,因首先在Brooklyn实施而得名) |
[35:29] | FRUTT: Yes. He pleads to one felony. | 对,他认下一起重罪。 |
[35:31] | If he keeps his nose clean, you expunge the conviction. | 如果他保持品行端正,你们就撤销这项定罪。 |
[35:33] | Please. He’s a good boy. | 拜托了,他是个好孩子。 |
[35:36] | I don’t know. | 我没想好。 |
[35:44] | He’ll have to make full restitution | 他必须全额赔偿 |
[35:46] | and immediately forfeit any property | 并立即没收任何通过犯罪所得的财产。 |
[35:48] | bought with criminal proceeds. | 并立即没收任何通过犯罪所得的财产。 |
[35:51] | Can I talk to Skip for a minute? | 我能和Skip说几句吗? |
[35:53] | Stay out of this! | 一边呆着去! |
[35:54] | Mrs. Hyman, please. | Hyman夫人,别这样。 |
[35:55] | Maybe this could help. | 也许这有用呢。 |
[35:58] | Lucy, please don’t. | Lucy,别这样。 |
[36:00] | I’m sorry. | 对不起。 |
[36:02] | I’m just not ready for that kind of a commitment. | 我只是还没准备好接受那种承诺。 |
[36:04] | I love you. Oh, for God’s sake! | – 我爱你。 – 哦,看在上帝的份上! |
[36:07] | Maybe we should give them a little privacy. | 也许我们应该给他们一点隐私。 |
[36:09] | If it’s the ring, | 如果是有关这枚戒指, |
[36:10] | I’ll get you another one, please. | 我会再给你一个的,求你了。 |
[36:12] | It’s not the ring. | 跟戒指没关系。 |
[36:15] | I care for you, | 我关心你, |
[36:16] | but this is just way too– | 但这种局面… |
[36:18] | Give me that! | 给我拿来! |
[36:22] | My son is taking the deal. | 我的儿子接受控辩交易。 |
[36:24] | He’ll plead guilty. | 他会认罪的。 |
[36:27] | And you, | 而你, |
[36:29] | stay the hell away from my son! | 离我儿子远点! |
[36:48] | Jimmy, take my Rolex. | Jimmy,拿上我的劳力士表吧。 |
[36:51] | If they take me into custody, | 如果他们把我关起来, |
[36:53] | I don’t want the guards to steal it. | 我可不想让警卫给偷走了。 |
[37:06] | Will the defendant please rise? | 请被告起立。 |
[37:11] | Has the jury reached a verdict? | 陪审团得出裁决了吗? |
[37:13] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人。 |
[37:15] | KIMBALL: As to the charge of conspiracy | 关于阴谋纵火、蓄意诈骗以及重罪谋杀的指控 |
[37:17] | to commit arson with intent to defraud | 关于阴谋纵火、蓄意诈骗以及重罪谋杀的指控 |
[37:19] | and felony murder, how say you? | 请宣布你们的裁决。 |
[37:22] | WOMAN: We the jury find the defendant | 陪审团裁定被告Ronald D’Ambrosio |
[37:24] | Ronald D’Ambrosio | 陪审团裁定被告Ronald D’Ambrosio |
[37:26] | not guilty. | 无罪。 |
[37:29] | KIMBALL: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I thank you. | 陪审团的先生们女士们,我感谢你们 |
[37:32] | This concludes your service to the commonwealth. | 你们尽到了你们对马萨诸塞州的义务。 |
[37:34] | This Court is adjourned. | 本庭休庭。 |
[37:47] | Wow, what a relief. | 哇,真是松了一口气。 |
[37:50] | Thank you both. | 谢谢你们俩。 |
[37:55] | Jimmy, | |
[37:56] | you’re a good man. | 你是个好人。 |
[38:00] | Right. You saved me | – 嗯。 – 你使我免于误判。 |
[38:02] | from being wrongly convicted. | – 嗯。 – 你使我免于误判。 |
[38:05] | Not that it didn’t cost, | 我并非是说这不需要努力付出, |
[38:07] | what you made on this case | 可你这个案子赚的钱, |
[38:08] | would have taken your old man | 你爸爸要花五年才能赚到。 |
[38:09] | five years to make. | 你爸爸要花五年才能赚到。 |
[38:11] | He would have been so proud of you. | 他会为你感到骄傲的。 |
[38:15] | You think you knew my father? | 你以为你了解我父亲吗? |
[38:17] | Jimmy. | |
[38:19] | Didn’t I? | 我不了解吗? |
[38:21] | My father admired you. | 我父亲很钦佩你。 |
[38:23] | I admired him. | 我也钦佩他呀。 |
[38:26] | Blue-collar guy, son becomes a lawyer. | 蓝领工人,儿子却当上了律师。 |
[38:29] | That’s the American dream. | 这就是美国梦嘛。 |
[38:31] | You didn’t know my father. | 你不了解我的父亲。 |
[38:34] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[38:38] | A clerk once gave him too much change, | 有一次一个职员给他多找了零钱, |
[38:41] | maybe two dollars. | 也许是二块钱。 |
[38:43] | He realized when he got home, | 他回家后才意识到。 |
[38:45] | drove 10 miles in the rain | 他在雨中开车十英里去退还了钱。 |
[38:48] | to give it back. | 他在雨中开车十英里去退还了钱。 |
[38:50] | The man couldn’t lie. | 这个人不会撒谎。 |
[38:52] | And I used to think, | 而我过去认为, |
[38:54] | “What a chump. | “真是个笨蛋。 |
[38:56] | He has so little, | 他知道太少的, |
[38:57] | and he doesn’t even know how the world works.” | 他甚至都不懂世故“ |
[39:01] | He paid his taxes, | 他依法纳税, |
[39:03] | waited his turn, | 规规矩矩, |
[39:05] | played by the rules. | 照章办事。 |
[39:07] | He was so naive, | 他太天真了, |
[39:09] | he thought guys like you did, too. | 他以为像你这样的人也是如此。 |
[39:15] | Mr. D’Ambrosio, | D’Ambrosio先生, |
[39:17] | my father was a better man | 我父亲永远都比我更好些, |
[39:20] | than I will ever be. | 我父亲永远都比我更好些, |
[39:24] | I wish I could tell him that | 我希望我能告诉他这一点 |
[39:31] | and tell him the kind of a guy you really are. | 并告诉他你其实是哪种人。 |
[39:39] | Jimmy, | |
[39:41] | I was innocent. | 我是无罪的。 |
[39:46] | If your father thought I was a hero, | 如果你的父亲认为我是个英雄, |
[39:49] | well, | 好吧, |
[39:51] | maybe he was wrong. | 他也许错了。 |
[39:53] | I’m sorry. | 对不起。 |
[39:56] | The truth is… | 事实是。。。 |
[39:59] | I’m just a businessman. | 我只是个商人。 |
[40:14] | I waited till the last minute to plead | 我一直等到最后一刻才认罪, |
[40:17] | because I knew Walsh would be desperate | 是因为我知道Walsh会绝望的, |
[40:19] | and he’d give me a good deal. | 而他会给我一个不错的交易。 |
[40:20] | GAMBLE: I’m gonna ask you one more time, | 我要再问你一次, |
[40:23] | did Mr. Walsh encourage you | Wals先生怂恿你虚假指证D’Ambrosio了吗? |
[40:25] | to falsely incriminate D’Ambrosio or not? | Wals先生怂恿你虚假指证D’Ambrosio了吗? |
[40:29] | If I admit lying on the stand, | 如果我承认作证时撒了谎, |
[40:32] | I wouldn’t get a reduced sentence for the fire | 我不可能得到纵火罪的减刑。 |
[40:35] | unless you wanna give me a bigger break | 除非你打算为了让我背弃Walsh |
[40:40] | for giving up Walsh. | 而给我提供更好的条件 |
[40:45] | No. | 不。 |
[40:47] | You’re still gonna serve time. | 你还是要服刑的。 |
[40:49] | You need to go away | 你必须要被关得越久越好。 |
[40:50] | for as long as possible. | 你必须要被关得越久越好。 |
[40:53] | You can’t prove | 你无法证明我的证词不真实。 |
[40:54] | that my testimony was untruthful. | 你无法证明我的证词不真实。 |
[40:57] | You still have to give me a reduced sentence. | 你还是得给我减刑。 |
[40:59] | GAMBLE: Unfortunately. | 很不幸。 |
[41:01] | Goodbye, Mr. Tucker. | 再见,Tucker先生。 |
[41:03] | NORMAN: I’m sorry I can’t help. | 对不起,我帮不上忙。 |
[41:05] | I know it’d make you feel so much better | 我明白把责任归咎于Walsh会让你感觉好多了。 |
[41:08] | to blame Walsh. | 我明白把责任归咎于Walsh会让你感觉好多了。 |
[41:09] | You’re such a team player. | 你真是个团队合作者。 |
[41:13] | Walsh wanted to believe me. | Walsh想相信我。 |
[41:16] | What was your excuse? | 你的借口是什么? |
[41:20] | Whenever you got close to asking me | 每当你逼问我关于火灾细节和钥匙的时候, |
[41:22] | about the details of the fire, | 每当你逼问我关于火灾细节和钥匙的时候, |
[41:24] | about the key, | 每当你逼问我关于火灾细节和钥匙的时候, |
[41:25] | all I had to do was insult you, | 我所要做的就是侮辱你, |
[41:27] | and you forgot to pursue it. | 而你就忽略了继续追问。 |
[41:30] | A good prosecutor would have known | 一个好的检察官本应察觉我一直在撒谎, |
[41:32] | I was lying the whole time, | 一个好的检察官本应察觉我一直在撒谎, |
[41:35] | ambitious | 野心勃勃的, |
[41:37] | and incompetent. | 但不称职。 |
[41:39] | They’ll make you a Judge if you’re not careful. | |
[41:44] | Turns out, I burnt the place | 结果是,我因为讨厌那些家具的款式而放火烧光了那地方 |
[41:46] | ’cause I hated the style of the furniture | 结果是,我因为讨厌那些家具的款式而放火烧光了那地方 |
[41:48] | that it made such a big fire. | 真是一场大火。 |
[41:54] | Of course, I never said any of this. | 当然,我可从没说过这些。 |
[41:58] | Good night, honey. | 晚安,宝贝。 |
[42:01] | Guard! | 警卫! |