时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | DOLE: Previously on The Practice… | 前集回顾未作翻译。 |
[00:02] | BERLUTI: You were smoking crack | |
[00:04] | with an eight-month baby. | |
[00:05] | Please just get me out! | |
[00:07] | BERLUTI: If I get you out, | |
[00:08] | you go into rehab immediately. | |
[00:11] | I promise. | |
[00:12] | DOCTOR: The placental lining started to come loose | |
[00:14] | from the uterine wall, | |
[00:15] | and there was cocaine in her body. | |
[00:17] | The baby? DOCTOR: Little girl, | |
[00:18] | three and a half pounds. | |
[00:19] | I’m sorry, Jimmy. | |
[00:22] | Okay. | |
[00:24] | DONNELL: This is unbelievable! | |
[00:25] | Two lovers and they’re both dead? | |
[00:27] | What, you think just because you got away | |
[00:28] | with it last time, you can get away | |
[00:30] | with it whenever? Yes. | |
[00:31] | DOCTOR: He has a narcissistic personality disorder. | |
[00:34] | He commits a crime | |
[00:36] | where it’s impossible not to convict him, | |
[00:39] | and the game is still | |
[00:41] | getting away with it. | |
[00:42] | Well, win or lose. | |
[00:43] | Won’t this be fun? | |
[00:45] | Were you trying to wrestle the knife away, | |
[00:47] | or were you trying to kill him? | |
[00:49] | It went into him during the struggle. | |
[00:51] | It went in by accident? | |
[00:52] | How many ways can I say it? | |
[00:54] | MAN: We find the defendant, Joseph Heric, | |
[00:56] | not guilty. | |
[01:12] | God, she’s really getting a personality. | 天哪,她真的很有个性。 |
[01:15] | All right, I’m out of here. | 好了,我要走了。 |
[01:24] | Who’d you kill? | 你把谁杀了? |
[01:26] | Good to see you, too, Ellenor. | 见到你很高兴,Ellenor |
[01:28] | Have you put on weight? | 你又胖了吧? |
[01:30] | We’re busy, Joey. Who’d you kill? | 别扯闲事了,Joey。你把谁杀了? |
[01:31] | Very cute. Well, can’t anybody say, | 真可爱呀。那么,没人对我说, |
[01:33] | “Hey, good to see you?” | “嘿,见到你真高兴。” |
[01:37] | Whose is that? | 那是谁的? |
[01:38] | Mine. What are you doing here? | 我的孩子,你来这儿干什么? |
[01:39] | You have a baby? | 你有孩子了? |
[01:41] | DONNELL: Joey, why are you here? | Joey,你来这儿干什么? |
[01:43] | Why don’t we start by asking | 我们为什么不先问我这三年我在哪儿呢? |
[01:45] | where I’ve been for the last three years? | 我们为什么不先问我这三年我在哪儿呢? |
[01:50] | Law school. | 法学院。 |
[01:52] | Passed the bar in February. | 二月通过了律师资格考试。 |
[01:54] | We’re now all learned brothers. | 我们现在都是同人了。 |
[01:56] | You’re a lawyer? | 你是律师了? |
[01:57] | And a good one, so far. | 目前为止还不错呢。 |
[01:59] | YOUNG: Wait, wait, wait. You went to law school, | 等等,等等,你上了法学院, |
[02:01] | took the bar exam? | 还参加了律师考试? |
[02:02] | HERIC: It was my therapist’s idea. | 这是我的心理医生出的主意。 |
[02:04] | He thought one way of weaning myself off | 他认为让我摆脱杀人欲望的方法之一 |
[02:05] | of killing people was to help others | 就是去帮助那些需要洗脱杀人罪的人。 |
[02:07] | who did get away with it. | 就是去帮助那些需要洗脱杀人罪的人。 |
[02:09] | I’ve got a case now | 我现在接了个案子, |
[02:10] | that’s why I’m here. | 所以我来这儿。 |
[02:11] | Case? What kind of case? | 案子?哪种案子? |
[02:13] | Homicide. | 凶杀案。 |
[02:15] | I don’t slum. | 我可不将就的。 |
[02:17] | The problem I’m having is this, | 我现在的问题是, |
[02:19] | I think the kid might actually be innocent. | 我认为这孩子可能确实是无辜的。 |
[02:21] | And as good as I am, | 虽然和我来做也差不多, |
[02:23] | my conscience says I should bring someone else | 但良心让我应该找些别的有经验的人 |
[02:25] | on board with experience. | 来一起办这个案子。 |
[02:27] | FRUTT: So, in addition to getting a law degree, | 那么说,除了获得了律师资格, |
[02:28] | you also picked up a conscience? | 你还重拾良心了? |
[02:29] | Drives like new, hardly any miles on it. | 全新的,还一次没用过呢。 |
[02:33] | But seriously, Bobby, | 但说真的,Bobby |
[02:35] | I’d never admit this publicly, | 我不会当众承认的, |
[02:37] | but I could really use some help. | 但我可能真的需要些帮助。 |
[02:39] | It starts tomorrow. | 明天就开庭了。 |
[02:41] | Tomorrow? HERIC: Yeah. | – 明天? – 是呀 |
[02:42] | I’m ready. I can do this. | 我准备好了。我能应付。 |
[02:43] | And I could do it alone. | 而且我一个人也能做。 |
[02:44] | I’m prepared to if I have to, | 如果不得不那样,我也有准备。 |
[02:46] | but to be honest, | 但坦率说, |
[02:49] | with an innocent kid’s life on the line, | 一个无辜的孩子的一生濒于危险, |
[02:51] | believe it or not, I don’t want to. | 不管你信不信,我不想自己干, |
[02:54] | Come on, what do you say? | 好吗,你们拿个主意? |
[02:55] | You, me, Ellie, | 你,我,还有Ellie, |
[02:58] | it’ll be fun. | 合作会很愉快的 |
[03:00] | Just like old times. | 就像过去一样。 |
[03:58] | WASHINGTON: You’re actually helping him? | 你真的要帮他吗? |
[04:00] | And you? FRUTT: Come on. | – 还有你? – 别这样。 |
[04:02] | I can’t resist. But he’s a murderer. | – 我没法拒绝他。 – 但他是个谋杀犯。 |
[04:04] | We only know that | 我们是因为代理他的案子才知道这一点的。 |
[04:05] | because we represented him. | 我们是因为代理他的案子才知道这一点的。 |
[04:06] | DOLE: Even so, we also know he’s clinically sick. | 即便如此,我们也都知道他有临床疾病。 |
[04:09] | Look, the ship has sailed. | 听着,木已成舟了。 |
[04:10] | I’d said I’d help. | 我说了会帮忙的。 |
[04:11] | Jimmy, it’s someone from Brigham Hospital. | Jimmy,Brigham医院的来电。 |
[04:16] | Jimmy Berluti. | |
[04:27] | Hi. | |
[04:29] | I’m sorry, Jimmy. | 对不起,Jimmy。 |
[04:34] | This is Lucy Hatcher. | 这是Lucy Hatcher。 |
[04:35] | She works with me. | 她是我的同事。 |
[04:37] | She also works for Rape Crisis. | 她也为性侵危机处理中心工作。 |
[04:40] | I feel so stupid. | 我觉得我太蠢了。 |
[04:43] | What happened? | 怎么回事? |
[04:45] | You’re gonna be mad, Jimmy. | 你会生我气的,Jimmy |
[04:50] | I’m still a… | 我还是。。。 |
[04:51] | Prostitution? | 卖淫? |
[04:55] | JENNIFER: It was a trick. | 是个嫖客干的。 |
[04:57] | He just went crazy. | 他真是疯了。 |
[04:58] | I don’t–I’m so sorry. | 我没有。。。对不起。 |
[05:02] | Where’s your baby? | 你的孩子呢? |
[05:03] | She’s with a friend. | 放在一个朋友那里。 |
[05:05] | She’s okay. | 她没事。 |
[05:07] | So, what happened? | 那么,怎么回事? |
[05:10] | One of your tricks beat you up? | 你的一个嫖客打了你? |
[05:11] | He raped me. | 他强奸了我。 |
[05:14] | And then he beat me up. | 然后他又打了我。 |
[05:16] | He raped you? | 他强奸了你? |
[05:19] | The sex wasn’t consensual? | 性行为不是自愿的吗? |
[05:22] | No. | 不是。 |
[05:23] | I mean, it probably would have been. | 我是说,可能本应是的。 |
[05:25] | I mean, we went to a room, too. | 我们也是自愿进了房间。 |
[05:27] | But as soon as we got there, | 但,他一进去, |
[05:29] | he just wigged out. | 他就情绪失控了。 |
[05:31] | It was like he had this thing against hookers, | 好像他是对妓女有些想法, |
[05:34] | like we were evil. | 好像我们是邪恶的。 |
[05:35] | I told him to get out, | 我让他出去, |
[05:38] | and he raped me. | 而他强奸了我。 |
[05:40] | Do you think you might recognize him | 如果警方给你看些照片, |
[05:42] | if the police showed you some photographs? | 你觉得你能认出他来吗? |
[05:46] | He gave me his name. | 他告诉我名字了。 |
[05:51] | I told it to the police. | 我也告诉警察了。 |
[05:58] | ROLAND: The body of Jean Homestead was found | Jean Homestead的尸体是在Tremont街的一条小巷里发现的, |
[06:00] | in an alley off of Tremont Street, | Jean Homestead的尸体是在Tremont街的一条小巷里发现的, |
[06:02] | a deep gash in the back of her head, | 她后脑勺有个深深的伤口, |
[06:04] | the apparent victim of a mugging. | 很明显是抢劫的受害者。 |
[06:08] | That’s the way it looked | 看起来就是那样的, |
[06:09] | because that’s the way that Daniel Carrington | 因为被告Daniel Carrington想让其看起来是那样的。 |
[06:11] | wanted it to look. | 因为被告Daniel Carrington想让其看起来是那样的。 |
[06:12] | But that is not the way she died, | 但她不是那样死的。 |
[06:14] | ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们。 |
[06:16] | The evidence will show overwhelmingly, | 压倒性的证据将表明, |
[06:19] | the defendant drove to the victim’s house, | 被告开车到受害人家, |
[06:22] | murdered Mrs. Homestead in her bedroom, | 在Homestead夫人的卧室里谋杀了她, |
[06:24] | then drove her body back into Boston | 然后开车载着她的尸体去波士顿 |
[06:26] | and dumped her into that alley. | 并抛尸在小巷里。 |
[06:29] | The evidence will establish the defendant | 证据将证明被告和受害人有私情。 |
[06:31] | and the victim were having an affair. | 证据将证明被告和受害人有私情。 |
[06:34] | And when the victim tried to end the relationship, | 而当受害者试图结束这个关系时, |
[06:36] | the defendant murdered her. | 被告谋杀了她。 |
[06:57] | The homicide rate in this country, | 这个国家, |
[06:59] | this city, our city, | 这个城市,我们的城市, |
[07:01] | the proud City of Boston, | 荣耀的波士顿城, |
[07:03] | is starting to climb. | 杀人案的比例开始攀升。 |
[07:06] | And people, people like me, | 而人们,像你我这样的人们, |
[07:08] | you, are getting damn sick of it. | 真是受够了。 |
[07:12] | For one, I’m fed up with exalting civil rights | 首先,我受够了把公民权抬高到极致, |
[07:16] | to the point where the criminal | 以至于罪犯比我们还享受更多宪法权利。 |
[07:18] | enjoys more constitutional privileges than we do. | 以至于罪犯比我们还享受更多宪法权利。 |
[07:21] | Enough already! | 已经受够了! |
[07:24] | If a person kills another human being, | 如果一个人杀了另一个人, |
[07:27] | I don’t give a rat’s ass | 我才不会关心 |
[07:28] | whether he suffers from schizophrenia, | 是否他有精神分裂症, |
[07:31] | substance abuse, | 滥用药物, |
[07:32] | or an overbearing mother. | 或者有个专横的母亲。 |
[07:34] | I say put the son of a bitch in jail. | 我要说把这杂种送进监狱吧! |
[07:36] | That’s how I feel. | 这就是我的感受。 |
[07:37] | It may be how some of you feel, too. | 这或许也是你们中的一些人的感受。 |
[07:40] | It’s certainly how the government feels, | 但这肯定是政府的感受, |
[07:43] | and I salute them for it. | 而我向他们致敬。 |
[07:47] | But, | 但是, |
[07:49] | every once in a while, | 每隔一段时间, |
[07:51] | in their zeal, their haste | 他们热忱且急切地要确保谋杀犯得到报应, |
[07:54] | to make sure a murder is avenged, | 他们热忱且急切地要确保谋杀犯得到报应, |
[07:57] | they get it wrong, | 他们会把事情搞错, |
[07:59] | and they arrest the wrong person. | 他们就会抓错人。 |
[08:02] | My heart goes out to Jean Homestead’s husband | 我对坐在那里的Jean Homestead的丈夫和儿子 |
[08:04] | sitting there, | 我对坐在那里的Jean Homestead的丈夫和儿子 |
[08:05] | and her son. | 报以同情。 |
[08:07] | We all wanna catch the person | 我们都想要抓到那个杀害Jean Homestead的人。 |
[08:10] | who killed Jean Homestead. | 我们都想要抓到那个杀害Jean Homestead的人。 |
[08:13] | But Daniel Carrington | 但Daniel Carrington不是那个人。 |
[08:14] | is not that person. | 但Daniel Carrington不是那个人。 |
[08:19] | They’ve arrested the wrong man. | 他们抓错了人。 |
[08:34] | Jimmy, the police questioned the guy. | Jimmy,警方讯问了那个家伙。 |
[08:36] | What’s his story? | 他怎么说的? |
[08:37] | They went back to her place, | 他们回到她的住处, |
[08:38] | he didn’t know she was a hooker. | 他不知道她是个妓女。 |
[08:40] | After they had sex, she announced she was, | 他们做完爱后,她才说她是妓女, |
[08:43] | tried to extort him for $10,000, | 要讹他一万块。 |
[08:45] | he refused and left. | 他拒绝并离开了。 |
[08:46] | And you believe that? Jimmy, the examination | – 你相信了? – Jimmy,经过检查, |
[08:49] | didn’t reveal any vaginal bruising or tearing. | 没有发现任何阴道瘀伤或撕裂。 |
[08:52] | You see her face? | 你看到她的脸了吗? |
[08:54] | You think she did that to herself? | 你认为她自己把脸弄成那样吗? |
[08:56] | I can’t rule out the possibility that she did. | 我不能排除她这样做的可能性。 |
[08:59] | Why? This is a hooker | – 为什么? – 她是个妓女 |
[09:01] | with a drug problem. | 还吸毒。 |
[09:02] | Listen, even if she’s telling you the truth, | 听我说,即使她告诉你的是真实情况, |
[09:06] | a prostitute takes a man to a room to have sex, | 但一个妓女把一个男人领进屋子里做爱, |
[09:08] | then claims the sex wasn’t consensual. | 然后宣称性行为不是自愿的。 |
[09:13] | I’m not that good a DA. | 这样的案子我做不了。 |
[09:17] | Both blows came to the back of the skull. | 两次猛击都打在后脑勺上。 |
[09:20] | The second one, | 第二下, |
[09:22] | this one, was fatal. | 就是这一下,是致命的。 |
[09:24] | It crushed both the skull | 这一下把头骨和脑干都给打碎了。 |
[09:26] | and the brainstem. | 这一下把头骨和脑干都给打碎了。 |
[09:27] | Death likely came instantly. | 可能是当即死亡了。 |
[09:30] | ROLAND: And did you make any other findings | 还有其他你觉得很重要的发现吗? |
[09:31] | that you find significant? | 还有其他你觉得很重要的发现吗? |
[09:33] | JOSH: Several. | 有几个。 |
[09:34] | There were no other bruises, | 没有发现其他的瘀伤,刮伤, |
[09:35] | scratches, no skin scrapings | 她的指甲里也没有发现皮肤碎屑。 |
[09:38] | under her nails, | 她的指甲里也没有发现皮肤碎屑。 |
[09:39] | no indication of a struggle. | 没有搏斗的迹象 |
[09:40] | And what did that tell you? | 那这些让你得出什么看法? |
[09:42] | JOSH: Well, that it’s highly unlikely | 呃,她不太可能是被抢劫或者制服住了。 |
[09:44] | she was mugged, or overpowered. | 呃,她不太可能是被抢劫或者制服住了。 |
[09:46] | Much more likely, she was simply struck | 极可能的是,她就是被从后面直接击打了。 |
[09:49] | on the back of the head. | 极可能的是,她就是被从后面直接击打了。 |
[09:50] | ROLAND: Anything else? | 还有别的吗? |
[09:51] | JOSH: We found small traces | 我们在阴道部位发现了少量的精液痕迹。 |
[09:53] | of semen in the vaginal area. | 我们在阴道部位发现了少量的精液痕迹。 |
[09:55] | We submitted samples for DNA analysis. | 我们把样本送去进行DNA分析。 |
[09:58] | They were an exact genetic match | 完全和被告匹配。 |
[10:01] | with the defendant. | 完全和被告匹配。 |
[10:02] | ROLAND: Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你,医生。 |
[10:08] | First of all, Doctor, | 首先,医生, |
[10:11] | let me applaud you on your ability | 让我对你整理你的证词的能力表示赞许。 |
[10:13] | to crunch your testimony. | 让我对你整理你的证词的能力表示赞许。 |
[10:15] | So many experts, | 很多的专家, |
[10:17] | especially doctors, | 尤其是医生们, |
[10:18] | just rattle on in such technical talk, | 只是在这种技术性的论述中喋喋不休, |
[10:20] | it’s either boring or incomprehensible. | 不是使人厌烦就是晦涩难懂。 |
[10:23] | I salute you, sir. | 我向你表示敬意,先生。 |
[10:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢你。 |
[10:26] | I probably shouldn’t be admitting this, | 我也许不应该承认, |
[10:28] | but I can’t take issue | 但是针对你所说的, |
[10:30] | with a single thing you said. | 我一个问题也无法提出。 |
[10:33] | I agree with all of it. | 我全都认可。 |
[10:35] | So, I’m going to sit down | 所以,我打算坐回去, |
[10:37] | so we can move on. | 我们也就可以进行下一步了。 |
[10:42] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦,对不起。 |
[10:44] | There is one thing. | 有一件事。 |
[10:45] | It is possible for her to be mugged | 她遇到抢劫并被拖进小巷里, |
[10:48] | and dragged into the alleyway | 她遇到抢劫并被拖进小巷里, |
[10:50] | without showing any physical signs, | 但却没有诸如瘀伤或者指甲刮伤这样的体征表现, |
[10:53] | such as bruising or fingernail scrapings? | 有这种可能吗? |
[10:54] | Yes, it’s possible. | 是的,这有可能。 |
[10:57] | Excellent. Thanks. | 很好,谢谢。 |
[10:58] | Oh, oh, one other thing. | 噢,还有一件事。 |
[11:01] | If my client had had intercourse | 如果我的当事人和受害人 |
[11:04] | with the victim several hours | 在她遇害前几个小时发生过性关系, |
[11:06] | before her death, | 在她遇害前几个小时发生过性关系, |
[11:09] | semen evidence could still be found, | 也还是能发现精液物证的, |
[11:11] | couldn’t it? | 不能吗? |
[11:12] | Yes. | 能发现。 |
[11:13] | HERIC: So it’s possible my client | 所以,我的当事人和受害人发生了性关系, |
[11:17] | and the victim had sex, | 所以,我的当事人和受害人发生了性关系, |
[11:20] | she was later hit on the head | 她在之后被别的什么人砸了脑袋致死, |
[11:22] | and killed by somebody else? | 有这种可能吗? |
[11:25] | Your findings don’t exclude that possibility, | 你的调查结果并不能排除这种可能性, |
[11:27] | do they, Doctor? | 能吗,医生? |
[11:28] | No. | 不能。 |
[11:29] | Thank you. | 真是谢谢你了。 |
[11:39] | How’d I do? | 我还行吧? |
[11:44] | He raped me. | 他强奸了我。 |
[11:46] | And it would be your word against his. | 那是你指证他的说法。 |
[11:49] | Do you know who he is? | 你知道他是谁吗? |
[11:50] | Russell Mathis. | 他是Russell Mathis。 |
[11:51] | He’s a very prominent Lawyer. | 他是一个非常杰出的律师。 |
[11:55] | He would be perceived to be more credible | 他会被认为比一个有吸毒史的妓女更令人可信。 |
[11:58] | than a hooker with a drug history. | 他会被认为比一个有吸毒史的妓女更令人可信。 |
[12:01] | Look, I’m your friend. | 听着,我是你的朋友。 |
[12:04] | There’s nothing to be done here. | 这事没戏。 |
[12:07] | YOUNG: Maybe not criminally. | 也许不是刑事犯罪。 |
[12:09] | I would think Mr. Mathis would like us | 我觉得Mathis先生会希望我们悄然了事。 |
[12:12] | to go away without any noise. | 我觉得Mathis先生会希望我们悄然了事。 |
[12:18] | I’ll go pay him a visit, Jimmy. | 要是我就去拜访他一次,Jimmy |
[12:25] | JEAN (over recording): I’m ending it now, Danny. | Danny,我现在要做个了断, |
[12:28] | I can’t see you anymore. | 我不能再见你了。 |
[12:30] | I’m married, and the truth is, | 我是已婚的,实际上, |
[12:32] | you’re beginning to frighten me a little. | 你开始让我有点恐惧了。 |
[12:34] | I just need you to stay away. | 我只是要你离我远点。 |
[12:38] | That was identified as the voice of the victim? | 这是受害人的声音吗? |
[12:41] | Identified by her husband, yes. | 是的,她的丈夫确认了 |
[12:43] | ROLAND: Where was this message found, Detective? | 这些信息在哪儿发现的,警探? |
[12:45] | On the defendant’s voicemail, | 在被告的语音信箱里, |
[12:47] | recorded six minutes | 录了六分钟 |
[12:48] | past 9:00 on January 17th. | 一月十七日九点以后。 |
[12:50] | ROLAND: And according to the coroner’s findings, | 根据验尸官的调查结果, |
[12:53] | when did Mrs. Homestead die? | Homestead夫人什么时候死的? |
[12:54] | Her body temperature indicated | 她的体温显示 |
[12:56] | that she died about 10:00 PM that same night. | 她是在当晚上10点左右死去的。 |
[12:58] | Did you make any findings | 关于他的死亡地点,警探, |
[13:00] | as to where she died, Detective? | 你调查的结论是? |
[13:02] | Our conclusion was that she died | 我们的结论是她死在她的卧室里。 |
[13:04] | in her own bedroom. | 我们的结论是她死在她的卧室里。 |
[13:05] | There were microscopic blood splatterings | 有微量的血溅在她的床柱和地毯上。 |
[13:07] | on her bedpost as well as the carpet. | 有微量的血溅在她的床柱和地毯上。 |
[13:08] | The blood matched up genetically to the victim. | 血液与受害者相符。 |
[13:11] | We believe she was killed there | 我们认为她是在那儿被杀的 |
[13:13] | and then moved. | 然后被移走了。 |
[13:14] | Any other evidence lead you to this? | 有别的证据引导你得出这个结论吗? |
[13:16] | We also found microscopic blood splatterings | 我们还在被告的车里发现微量的血液喷溅。 |
[13:19] | in the defendant’s car, | 我们还在被告的车里发现微量的血液喷溅。 |
[13:20] | blood that also belonged to the victim. | 也属于受害者的血液。 |
[13:23] | Thank you, Detective. | 谢谢你,警探。 |
[13:31] | Well, things really look bleak | 好吧,局面看起来对我们这方很不乐观,不是吗? |
[13:33] | for our side, don’t they? | 好吧,局面看起来对我们这方很不乐观,不是吗? |
[13:37] | Now, I imagine | 我猜一下你逮捕我当事人的原因。 |
[13:39] | that’s why you arrested my client. | 我猜一下你逮捕我当事人的原因。 |
[13:41] | The phone message, | 电话留言, |
[13:43] | the blood splatterings, | 溅上的血迹, |
[13:45] | the affair– | 还有外遇。。。 |
[13:48] | well, come to think of it, | 那好吧,来想想看, |
[13:49] | that would be it, wouldn’t it? | 就是这样,不是吗? |
[13:50] | I mean, that’s your entire case, | 我是说,你的依据就是这些, |
[13:53] | blood, phone message, and affair. | 血液、电话信息和外遇。 |
[13:55] | Right, Detective? | 对吗,警探? |
[13:56] | And his semen. | 还有他的精液。 |
[13:58] | Right. Well, I was sort of including | 对。呃,我是把精液归类到“外遇”里了。 |
[13:59] | that with “affair.” | 对。呃,我是把精液归类到“外遇”里了。 |
[14:02] | Any weapon? | 有凶器吗? |
[14:03] | No. | 没有。 |
[14:04] | Any evidence, | 有可以证明我的当事人当晚在受害人卧室的 |
[14:06] | physical, forensic, | 有可以证明我的当事人当晚在受害人卧室的 |
[14:07] | testimonial that my client | 实物证据或者法医证据吗? |
[14:09] | was in the victim’s bedroom that night? | 实物证据或者法医证据吗? |
[14:11] | His semen. | 他的精液。 |
[14:12] | Well, the coroner has already admitted | 这个嘛,验尸官已经承认 |
[14:13] | that they could have made love earlier, | 他们可能是在早些时候做的爱, |
[14:15] | maybe even someplace else. | 甚至也许是在别的地方做爱的。 |
[14:17] | Do you disagree with the coroner on that, Detective? | 你和验尸官对此有分歧吗,警探先生? |
[14:20] | No. HERIC: And this blood | – 没有。 – 还有你谈到的血迹。 |
[14:21] | you’re talking about, | – 没有。 – 还有你谈到的血迹。 |
[14:23] | “microscopic,” you said. | 你说的是,“微量的” |
[14:25] | So, if we took all this blood | 那么,如果我们把所有的血迹集中到一起。 |
[14:26] | and pooled it together, | 那么,如果我们把所有的血迹集中到一起。 |
[14:27] | the blood you found both in her bedroom | 你在她卧室和我当事人车里发现的血迹, |
[14:29] | and my client’s car, | 你在她卧室和我当事人车里发现的血迹, |
[14:31] | more or less than | 比一张剪纸大还是小,警探? |
[14:34] | a paper cut, Detective? | 比一张剪纸大还是小,警探? |
[14:36] | Probably less. | 可能要小些。 |
[14:37] | Gee, it doesn’t look as bad | 哈,看起来对我们来说 |
[14:40] | for us as I thought. | 不像我想的那么糟。 |
[14:41] | Objection! | 反对! |
[14:44] | Is it wise to be smug, Joey? | Joey,这样乐观是明智的吗? |
[14:46] | HERIC: Oh, Danny, | 噢,Danny, |
[14:47] | that was nothing. | 没关系的。 |
[14:48] | Ask Ellenor. | 不信问问Ellenor吧。 |
[14:49] | Have they offered any kind of plea here? | 他们提出过某种认罪交易条件吗? |
[14:52] | Second degree, it’s laughable. | 二级谋杀,太可笑了。 |
[14:54] | DONNELL: What are you willing to take? | 你们想得到的是什么? |
[14:55] | We thought an acquittal | 我们认为最好是无罪判决。 |
[14:57] | would be nice. | 我们认为最好是无罪判决。 |
[14:58] | Yes, besides that. | 那倒是的,除此之外呢。 |
[15:01] | Danny, would you consider manslaughter? | Danny,你会考虑过失杀人吗? |
[15:07] | Joey thinks we can win. | Joey认为我们能赢。 |
[15:08] | DONNELL: This is Joey’s first murder trial. | 这是Joey第一次办谋杀罪的庭审。 |
[15:09] | Bobby! He needs to hear that, Joey. – Bobby! | – 他需要知道这些,Joey。 |
[15:13] | What? You don’t think we can win? | 什么?你认为我们赢不了吗? |
[15:21] | Yes, you have a shot here. | 是的,你有机会赢。 |
[15:24] | But your lawyer’s opinions | 但是你的律师的看法 |
[15:26] | are colored by his ego. | 受到他的自负的影响。 |
[15:27] | Bobby! This is what you get – Bobby! | – 这就是你让我来协助你所起到的作用。 |
[15:29] | for making me second chair. – Bobby! | – 这就是你让我来协助你所起到的作用。 |
[15:32] | If you don’t already know this, | 如果你还不明白这一点, |
[15:34] | you need to as we go forward. | 你需要在接下来的进程中弄明白。 |
[15:42] | I’ve trusted Joey this far. | 到目前为止,我信任Joey。 |
[15:44] | I’m going to keep trusting him. | 我会一直信任他。 |
[15:55] | How is he? | 他怎么样? |
[15:56] | FRUTT: He’s good. | 还不错。 |
[15:57] | The jury loves him. | 陪审团很喜欢他。 |
[15:58] | It kills me to admit it. | 承认这一点真是难受死我了。 |
[15:59] | HERIC: Admit what? | 承认什么? |
[16:02] | Hi, Helen. | 嗨,Helen。 |
[16:04] | Do you know I’ve been having | 你知道我一直在一些下流的春梦里梦到你吗? |
[16:07] | these nasty little hetero dreams of you? | 你知道我一直在一些下流的春梦里梦到你吗? |
[16:13] | What? | 怎么了? |
[16:14] | DONNELL: Joey, the blood in the car | Joey,车里发现的血迹是个问题。 |
[16:17] | is a problem. | Joey,车里发现的血迹是个问题。 |
[16:18] | I hope you don’t plan | 我希望不要计划用“剪纸”去驳掉这个证据。 |
[16:18] | to argue “paper cut.” | 我希望不要计划用“剪纸”去驳掉这个证据。 |
[16:20] | HERIC: Oh, no. The beloved husband is up next. | 噢,不会的。那个钟情的丈夫下一个出来作证。 |
[16:22] | He’s what you call “Plan B.” | 他就是你们所谓“B”计划的对象。 |
[16:24] | Wait a second. He has no alibi! | – 等等。 – 他没有不在现场的证明! |
[16:27] | FRUTT: It doesn’t matter. | 那无关紧要。 |
[16:28] | Do you have any evidence that he killed her? | 你有什么证据证明是他杀的吗? |
[16:29] | No. Well, then, you don’t “Plan B,” not the widower. | – 没有。 – 那,你就不能对那个痛失爱妻的人使用“B计划” |
[16:33] | Ellenor. | |
[16:33] | FRUTT: If you accuse the husband with nothing | 如果你什么材料都没有就去指控那个丈夫, |
[16:35] | to back up the accusation, | 如果你什么材料都没有就去指控那个丈夫, |
[16:37] | your client will get convicted. | 你的当事人会被判有罪的。 |
[16:38] | I agree. HERIC: Bobby, Ellenor, – Bobby, Ellenor, | – 我同意这个看法。 |
[16:40] | I recognize that I don’t have your experience, | 我承认我没有你们有经验, |
[16:42] | but one thing I do know, “Plan B,” | 但有一个方法我是知道的,“B计划” |
[16:44] | that’s where the practice of law is delicious. | 那才是律师业务的美妙所在。 |
[16:54] | PAULINE: Mr. Berluti, | Berluti先生, |
[16:55] | Mr. Mathis can see you now. | Mathis先生现在可以见你了。 |
[17:05] | You can close the door, Pauline. | Pauline,把门关上吧。 |
[17:07] | Yes, sir. | 是,先生 |
[17:21] | It’s the conclusion | 性侵危机处理中心的顾问的结论是, |
[17:22] | of a Rape Crisis Counselor | 性侵危机处理中心的顾问的结论是, |
[17:24] | that she was raped. | 她是被强奸的。 |
[17:26] | She tells me she was raped, | 她告诉我她被强奸了, |
[17:28] | and I believe her. | 我也相信她。 |
[17:29] | You believe her? | 你相信她? |
[17:33] | Your client set me up, Mr. Berluti. | 你的当事人给我下套,Berluti先生。 |
[17:36] | She had relations, only then to tell me | 她和我发生关系后,才告诉我她是干什么的。 |
[17:38] | what her occupation was. | 她和我发生关系后,才告诉我她是干什么的。 |
[17:40] | And then she attempted to extort me. | 然后她企图敲诈我。 |
[17:42] | Did she give herself the black eye? | 难道是她自己把自己打成黑眼圈的吗? |
[17:44] | RUSSELL: Perhaps she did. | 也许是。 |
[17:45] | I assure you I didn’t. | 我向你保证,不是我打的。 |
[17:48] | Why are you here? | 你为什么来找我? |
[17:51] | The District Attorney’s Office | 检察官办公室必须要 |
[17:52] | has to prove its case | 对案件超越所有合理怀疑地进行举证。 |
[17:54] | beyond all reasonable doubt. | 对案件超越所有合理怀疑地进行举证。 |
[17:56] | In civil cases, as you know, | 而在民事案件中,你也知道, |
[17:58] | the burden is much less. | 举证责任轻多了。 |
[18:01] | She makes for a credible witness. | 她会成为一个可信的证人。 |
[18:04] | Get to the punch line. | 别绕弯子,直接说吧。 |
[18:08] | We settle now | 要么我们现在发成和解, |
[18:10] | or sue you tomorrow. | 否则明天就起诉你。 |
[18:19] | None of those people would ever know. | 这些人谁也不会知道。。。 |
[18:29] | On your way out, Mr. Berluti, | 在你出去时,Berluti先生。 |
[18:32] | take a glance at the artwork on the walls. | 看一眼墙上挂的图片。 |
[18:35] | We are a very rich law firm, Mr. Berluti. | 我们是一家财力非常雄厚的律师事务所,Berluti先生。 |
[18:38] | It’s a byproduct | 附带的结果就是我们有大量的优秀律师。 |
[18:39] | of having many excellent lawyers. | 附带的结果就是我们有大量的优秀律师。 |
[18:43] | Go forward with this extortion, | 继续进行敲诈, |
[18:45] | I’ll deploy the attorneys here | 我会安排我的律师们毁了你的当事人, |
[18:47] | to destroy both your client | 我会安排我的律师们毁了你的当事人, |
[18:49] | and you. | 还有你。 |
[18:51] | And that’s not extortion? | 你这样难道不是勒索罪吗? |
[18:58] | No, it isn’t, | 不,不是的, |
[19:00] | because I didn’t rape your client. | 因为我没有强奸你的当事人。 |
[19:04] | You may leave now, Mr. Berluti. | 你现在可以走了,Berluti先生。 |
[19:21] | I thought maybe Jean was out with friends, | 我以为Jean可能和朋友出去了, |
[19:23] | though it wasn’t like her | 尽管她没有像以往那样给我留个信。 |
[19:25] | not to leave me a message. | 尽管她没有像以往那样给我留个信。 |
[19:26] | And finally, around midnight, | 最后,大约午夜左右, |
[19:28] | I began calling some of her friends, | 我开始给她的一些朋友打电话, |
[19:30] | and then at 3:00 AM, | 然后到了凌晨三点, |
[19:33] | I phoned the police. | 我报了警。 |
[19:35] | Mr. Homestead, I know that this is very difficult, sir, | Homestead先生,我知道这会很难回答, |
[19:39] | but did you have knowledge | 但是,你知道你妻子和被告有外遇吗? |
[19:43] | of your wife’s affair | 但是,你知道你妻子和被告有外遇吗? |
[19:44] | with the defendant? | 但是,你知道你妻子和被告有外遇吗? |
[19:45] | I had learned about it | 我一个星期前知道的。 |
[19:47] | a week before. | 我一个星期前知道的。 |
[19:48] | ROLAND: And how did you find out, sir? | 先生,你是怎么发现的? |
[19:50] | Jeannie had been in therapy, | Jeannie接受过心理咨询治疗, |
[19:51] | and her therapist implored with her | 她的治疗师恳求她告诉我。 |
[19:53] | that she tell me. | 她的治疗师恳求她告诉我。 |
[19:54] | And as a result of your finding out, you… | 你发现后的结果是,你。。。 |
[19:58] | We had some very severe arguments, | 我们大吵了一通, |
[20:00] | ending with a recommitment | 最后我们双方对婚姻的重新予以承诺 |
[20:02] | by both of us to our marriage. | 最后我们双方对婚姻的重新予以承诺 |
[20:04] | ROLAND: And as for the defendant? | 至于被告呢? |
[20:06] | She planned to break it off with him. | 她打算和他断绝关系。 |
[20:08] | Do you know if she did that, sir? | 先生,你知道她那样做了吗? |
[20:09] | She said she had three conversations | 她说她和他谈了三次。。。 |
[20:12] | telling him that he– Objection, hearsay. | 反对,传闻证据 |
[20:14] | Withdrawn. | 撤回反对意见。 |
[20:15] | Joey. Let it in, Ellenor. – Joey。 | – 让他说,Ellenor |
[20:17] | No, this is– HERIC: The objection | – 不行,这是。。。 – 撤回反对意见,法官大人。 |
[20:19] | is withdrawn, Your Honor. | – 不行,这是。。。 – 撤回反对意见,法官大人。 |
[20:20] | I think we should all hear this. | 我想我们都听见了。 |
[20:23] | Would you continue, sir? | 你可以继续说吗,先生? |
[20:25] | MICHAEL: She said that he was having a difficult time | 她说他很难接受他们再也不能见面了。 |
[20:27] | accepting that they would not be seeing | 她说他很难接受他们再也不能见面了。 |
[20:29] | one another again. | 她说他很难接受他们再也不能见面了。 |
[20:31] | Jean even thought that she might eventually | Jean甚至想她可能最终必须要申请一个限制令。 |
[20:33] | have to get a restraining order. | Jean甚至想她可能最终必须要申请一个限制令。 |
[20:34] | Why? | 为什么? |
[20:35] | She was becoming afraid of him. | 她开始害怕他了。 |
[20:38] | ROLAND: Did she use that word, sir,”afraid?” | 先生,她用了这样的词,“害怕” |
[20:42] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[20:44] | She was concerned | 她担心他可能要伤害她。 |
[20:45] | that he might try to hurt her. | 她担心他可能要伤害她。 |
[20:47] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,先生。 |
[20:53] | Well! Now I wish we hadn’t withdrawn | 那好!现在我真的希望我们没撤回那个反对意见。 |
[20:55] | our objection at all | 那好!如果我知道你要这样说的话, |
[20:56] | if I knew you were going to say that. | 现在我真的希望我们没撤回那个反对意见。 |
[20:58] | Mr. Heric. | Heric先生。 |
[20:59] | So, your wife told you the things | 那么,是你的妻子告诉你 |
[21:01] | she had been discussing with her therapist? | 这件她和她的心理医生讨论过的事吗? |
[21:03] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[21:04] | Had she engaged in any other affairs? | 她有过别的外遇吗? |
[21:08] | Not to my knowledge, no. | 据我所知没有。 |
[21:09] | Had she talked to you, | 她是不是也许告诉过你, |
[21:11] | perhaps, about being unusually | 有关她被一个年轻人意外地吸引住了, |
[21:13] | attracted to a younger man, | 有关她被一个年轻人意外地吸引住了, |
[21:16] | an attraction that both she | 而她和她的治疗师都认为这种吸引是不道德的? |
[21:17] | and her therapist considered unhealthy? | 而她和她的治疗师都认为这种吸引是不道德的? |
[21:24] | Mr. Homestead, | Homestead先生, |
[21:25] | did she tell you if she had been sexually | 她是不是告诉你他被另一个男人, |
[21:27] | attracted to another man, | 一个年轻男人,在性方面被吸引住了? |
[21:29] | a younger man? | 一个年轻男人,在性方面被吸引住了? |
[21:35] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[21:35] | A man that she had once even kissed? | 一个她甚至亲吻过一次的男人? |
[21:38] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[21:40] | HERIC: Sir, do you see that man | 先生,你今天在法庭上看到那个人了吗? |
[21:41] | in the courtroom today? | 先生,你今天在法庭上看到那个人了吗? |
[21:48] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[21:49] | Could you identify him for the court, please? | 能请你当庭指出那个人吗? |
[21:56] | My son, | 是我的儿子。 |
[21:58] | her stepson. | 她的继子。 |
[22:05] | Well, isn’t this exciting? | 呵,这岂不是相当地刺激吗? |
[22:06] | Objection! | 反对! |
[22:07] | Withdrawn. | 我撤回这句 |
[22:09] | For how many hours were you home alone | 在你报警说你妻子失踪前, |
[22:11] | before notifying the police | 你独自在家呆了几个小时? |
[22:12] | that your wife was missing? | 你独自在家呆了几个小时? |
[22:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[22:14] | Around five hours. | 差不多五个小时。 |
[22:16] | Forgive me, sir, but I have to ask the question | 请原谅我,先生,但我必须要问 |
[22:19] | that’s on everybody’s mind. | 一个每个人心中都有的问题。 |
[22:21] | Did you kill your wife? | 是你杀了你妻子吗? |
[22:22] | ROLAND: Objection! | 反对! |
[22:24] | Overruled. | 反对无效。 |
[22:24] | Obviously, | 很明显, |
[22:25] | it wasn’t over like she said | 并不像她所说的那样, |
[22:27] | between her and my client. | 她和我当事人断绝了关系。 |
[22:28] | They found his sperm. | 发现了他的精液。 |
[22:29] | She clearly lied to you. | 她显然是对你撒谎了。 |
[22:31] | She has an affair. | 她有外遇。 |
[22:32] | You learned she kisses her stepson, | 你知道她吻了她的继子, |
[22:34] | your son. | 你的儿子。 |
[22:36] | Then you find out she’s lying | 然后你发现了她在撒谎 |
[22:37] | and still sleeping with the man | 并仍然和那个她承认有染的男人上床。 |
[22:38] | she claims to be afraid of. | 并仍然和那个她承认有染的男人上床。 |
[22:39] | If indeed she said that, | 如果她真的那么说了, |
[22:40] | only you know for sure. | 只有你才能确切知道。 |
[22:42] | Did you kill your wife? | 使你杀了你妻子吗? |
[22:45] | No, | 不, |
[22:47] | I did not. | 我没有。 |
[22:52] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你。 |
[22:53] | Objection! | 反对! |
[22:54] | Mr. Heric? | Heric先生? |
[22:55] | Nothing further, Your Honor. | 没有要问的了,法官大人。 |
[22:59] | FRUTT: He doesn’t | 他不需要我们帮忙,Bobby。 |
[23:00] | need us, Bobby. | 他不需要我们帮忙,Bobby。 |
[23:02] | He’s not even letting us in | 他甚至都没有把我们当成他手中的牌。 |
[23:04] | on all of his cards. | 他甚至都没有把我们当成他手中的牌。 |
[23:05] | We’re simply sitting in a courtroom | 我们就是作为仰慕他的观众坐在那里而已, |
[23:06] | as spectators to be impressed, | 我们就是作为仰慕他的观众坐在那里而已, |
[23:09] | which is exactly | 那完全是他的自恋性在作怪。 |
[23:10] | what his narcissistic disorder | 那完全是他的自恋性在作怪。 |
[23:11] | is all about. | 那完全是他的自恋性在作怪。 |
[23:12] | He needs other people | 他需要其他人看到他的成就 |
[23:14] | to see his achievements | 他需要其他人看到他的成就 |
[23:15] | in order for him to enjoy them. | 为了让他享受这些。 |
[23:17] | Well, we can’t get out now, Ellenor. | 我们现在无法退出,Ellenor。 |
[23:23] | FRUTT: We were just talking about you, Joey. | 我们正在说你呢,Joey。 |
[23:25] | Nice little bombshell. | 漂亮的突然一击。 |
[23:27] | Wasn’t it, though? | 不是吗,然而? |
[23:28] | Why didn’t you tell us about it? | 你为什么不告诉我们? |
[23:29] | Oh, come on. It’d ruin the surprise. | 噢,别这样,这会毁了惊喜的。 |
[23:32] | Now the question becomes, | 现在问题来了, |
[23:33] | “Do I let Daniel testify?” | “我该让Daniel作证吗?” |
[23:35] | Things are going so well. | 情况发展不错。 |
[23:36] | Does he have any skeletons? | 他有什么把柄怕人揪出来吗? |
[23:39] | Not that I’m aware of. | 据我所知没有。 |
[23:39] | Then he has to testify. | 那他就必须要作证。 |
[23:41] | He has to explain the semen. | 他得解释精液是怎么回事。 |
[23:42] | And the blood in his car. | 还有他车里的血迹。 |
[23:44] | I could rest now, | 我现在能完成举证了。 |
[23:45] | argue, they didn’t make their burden. | 并说明控方没有尽到举证责任。 |
[23:47] | Joey, | |
[23:48] | things aren’t going that well. | 事情进展并不顺利 |
[23:50] | You need to put him up there. | 你需要让他出庭作证。 |
[23:55] | BERLUTI: I’ll do whatever you want, | 你想怎么样我都会去做, |
[23:57] | but, Jennifer, we’re not going to win this. | 但是,Jennifer,我们赢不了。 |
[24:01] | He’s prepared to put an army | 他准备要组成一个律师团来应对此案。 |
[24:02] | of lawyers on this. | 他准备要组成一支律师团来应对此案。 |
[24:04] | I think | 我觉得 |
[24:06] | we should just let it go. | 我们应该就此作罢。 |
[24:08] | The man rapes me, | 这人强奸了我, |
[24:10] | and I’m supposed to just let it go? | 而我应该就此作罢? |
[24:19] | Mr. Berluti? | Berluti先生吗? |
[24:21] | Yes. | 是我。 |
[24:26] | First, | 首先, |
[24:29] | I’m going to deny saying everything | 我会否认我将要对你所说的所有事情。 |
[24:30] | I’m about to tell you. | 我会否认我将要对你所说的所有事情。 |
[24:32] | Okay. | 好吧。 |
[24:36] | I don’t know if Mr. Mathis did | 我不知道Mathis先生是否做了你说他做了的事情。 |
[24:38] | what you’re saying he did. | 我不知道Mathis先生是否做了你说他做了的事情。 |
[24:42] | But there’s a junior partner at my firm, | 但是我们事务所有个初级合伙人 |
[24:45] | he keeps asking me what’s going on. | 他一直问我发生了什么事。 |
[24:48] | It’s like he’s too interested, you know? | 好像他非常感兴趣,你明白吗? |
[24:53] | I think he knows something. | 我觉得他知道些什么。 |
[24:55] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么名字? |
[25:07] | PAULINE: Like I say, | 如我所说, |
[25:10] | we never had this conversation. | 我们从未谈过话。 |
[25:19] | Jimmy, | |
[25:21] | draft a complaint. | 起草起诉书。 |
[25:22] | Move for an emergency deposition to be taken | 并提出动议要求在提出指控前就进行一次紧急取证。 |
[25:24] | prior to filing the complaint. | 并要求在提出指控前就进行一次紧急取证。 |
[25:26] | Can you do that? | 可以那样做吗? |
[25:28] | YOUNG: But if there’s a danger, | 如果存在失去证据的危险的话是可以的。 |
[25:29] | the evidence could be lost. | 如果存在失去证据的危险的话是可以的。 |
[25:30] | This junior partner will have | 这个初级合伙人会受到很大压力。 |
[25:31] | a lot of pressure put on him. | 这个初级合伙人会受到很大压力。 |
[25:33] | You need to get him in a room now | 你需要现在就得到他的宣誓证言。 |
[25:35] | and put him under oath. | 你需要现在就得到他的宣誓证言。 |
[25:45] | Why not just file the complaint, Counsel? | 为什么不直接提起指控呢,律师? |
[25:47] | BERLUTI: We’re happy to do that, Your Honor. | 我们很乐于那样做,法官大人。 |
[25:49] | I would think the defendant | 我以为被告会在我们提起指控前, |
[25:51] | would seek to explore ways | 我以为被告会在我们提起指控前, |
[25:52] | of making this go away | 找出了结此事的办法, |
[25:54] | before we file | 找出了结此事的办法, |
[25:55] | since filing makes it public record. | 因为起诉会成为公开的记录。 |
[25:57] | That kind of threat | 这种威胁算是敲诈罪的证据了。 |
[25:58] | is evidence of the extortion. | 这种威胁算是敲诈罪的证据了。 |
[26:00] | Look, I have the automatic right | 我们起诉后也自然就有权对他取证了 |
[26:02] | to depose him after we sue. | 我们起诉后也自然就有权对他取证了 |
[26:05] | We’re happy to take that route. | 我们也可以走这样的程序。 |
[26:06] | WARREN: Mr. Berluti, don’t insult me. | Berluti先生,别惹我生气了。 |
[26:08] | The only reason you’re not formally suing | 你没有正式起诉是因为如果你这么做, |
[26:10] | is because by doing so, | 你没有正式起诉是因为如果你这么做, |
[26:12] | your card is played, | 你手里就没牌打了, |
[26:13] | and you’ll lose leverage. | 你就会失去筹码。 |
[26:15] | This thing has a bad stench to it. | 这事就有了一股恶臭。 |
[26:17] | But, Mr. Miles, | 但是,Miles先生, |
[26:19] | it’s not a question | 至于他是否能对那个律师进行取证, |
[26:20] | as to whether he can depose this lawyer. | 那不是个问题。 |
[26:23] | This motion only covers timing. | 这个动议只涉及取证时机。 |
[26:25] | We’re even willing to come to your place. | 我们甚至愿意去你们那里进行取证。 |
[26:28] | WARREN: I’m going to allow the deposition. | 我准许这次取证。 |
[26:31] | But, Mr. Berluti, | 但是,Berluti先生, |
[26:32] | like I say, | 如我所言, |
[26:33] | I don’t like the stench. | 我不喜欢这种臭气。 |
[26:36] | We had gone to a club. | 我们去了一个俱乐部。 |
[26:39] | At 6:00 PM? | 下午六点? |
[26:41] | That’s a little early, isn’t it? | 这有点早,不是吗? |
[26:42] | It was an underground club, | 那是个地下俱乐部, |
[26:44] | mostly gay. | 大多数是同性恋。 |
[26:45] | But a lot of heterosexuals | 但很多异性恋者 |
[26:47] | went there primarily | 去那里主要是为了做爱 |
[26:48] | to have sex. | 去那里主要是为了做爱 |
[26:49] | They had sex in the club? Yes. | – 他们在俱乐部里做爱? – 是的。 |
[26:51] | HERIC: And you and Jean Homestead | 你和Jean Homestead在谋杀发生当晚去这家俱乐部了? |
[26:52] | went to this club | 你和Jean Homestead在谋杀发生当晚去这家俱乐部了? |
[26:53] | on the night of the murder? | 你和Jean Homestead在谋杀发生当晚去这家俱乐部了? |
[26:55] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[26:56] | Daniel, | |
[26:58] | what did you do there? | 你们在那儿做了些什么? |
[27:00] | We danced, | 我们跳舞, |
[27:02] | we made love. | 做爱。 |
[27:04] | What time did you leave? | 你们什么时候离开的? |
[27:05] | Probably around 8:00 or 9:00. | 可能是大概8点到9点之间吧。 |
[27:08] | I drove her home. | 我开车到她家。 |
[27:09] | HERIC: Did you go inside? | 你进去了吗? |
[27:10] | No, | 没有, |
[27:12] | I dropped her off | 我让她下车了 |
[27:13] | then I went home. | 然后我就回家了。 |
[27:14] | HERIC: You never went back | 你再也没有回她家吗? |
[27:15] | to her house? No. | – 没有。 |
[27:17] | HERIC: Well, did you receive her phone message? | 那好,你接到她的留言了吗? |
[27:19] | DANIEL: No, that message was left | 没有,那条留言是在我的工作手机上。 |
[27:20] | on my business cell, | 没有,那条留言是在我的工作手机上。 |
[27:22] | which she would know | 她可能知道我收不到留言的。 |
[27:23] | I wouldn’t get. | 她可能知道我收不到留言的。 |
[27:25] | That message was left to set me up. | 那条留言是为了陷害我。 |
[27:27] | Objection. | 反对 |
[27:28] | Sustained. | 反对有效。 |
[27:29] | HERIC: Then, what about those | 那么,在你车后座上发现的微量血迹呢? |
[27:30] | microscopic traces of blood | 那么,在你车后座上发现的微量血迹呢? |
[27:33] | that were found in the backseat | 那么,在你车后座上发现的微量血迹呢? |
[27:34] | of your car? | 那么,在你车后座上发现的微量血迹呢? |
[27:35] | I have no idea. | 我不知道。 |
[27:38] | She’d certainly been | 她当然是有很多次在我车后座上, |
[27:39] | in the backseat of my car | 她当然是有很多次在我车后座上, |
[27:40] | many times. We’d– | 我们。。。 |
[27:42] | Sometimes we even made love there. | 有些时候我们甚至在那里做爱。 |
[27:46] | Anybody see you | 有人在俱乐部看见你和Homestead夫人了吗? |
[27:48] | and Mrs. Homestead at this club? | 有人在俱乐部看见你和Homestead夫人了吗? |
[27:50] | I’m sure people did | 我肯定有人看见了, |
[27:52] | but no one’s come forward. | 但没人站出来作证。 |
[27:53] | It’s funny how not one waitress, | 这真有趣,没有一个女侍者, |
[27:56] | not one bartender, | 没有一个酒保, |
[27:57] | not one patron | 没有一个顾客, |
[27:58] | remembers seeing you there. | 记得在那里见到你们。 |
[28:00] | It’s a pretty crowded place. | 那地方非常拥挤 |
[28:01] | Any witnesses to establish | 有能证明谋杀当晚你独自在家的证人吗? |
[28:03] | that you were home alone | 有能证明谋杀当晚你独自在家的证人吗? |
[28:04] | the night of the murder? | 有能证明谋杀当晚你独自在家的证人吗? |
[28:05] | Well, if there were witnesses, | 这个嘛,如果有证人的话, |
[28:07] | I wouldn’t have been alone. | 我就不会是独自一人了。 |
[28:08] | Ever been convicted of a felony, | 可曾被判过什么重罪吗, |
[28:10] | Mr. Carrington? | Carrington先生? |
[28:19] | Once. | 有一次。 |
[28:22] | Many years ago. | 很多年前。 |
[28:23] | What was it? | 什么罪? |
[28:26] | Assault. ROLAND: Assault and battery. | – 侵犯人身罪 – 侵害人身罪和殴击罪 |
[28:28] | You beat up a girlfriend, | 你殴打了你的女朋友, |
[28:29] | didn’t you, Mr. Carrington? | 不是吗,Carrington先生? |
[28:31] | I pushed her. | 我只是推了她。 |
[28:32] | ROLAND: Pushed her and she was hospitalized | 推了她,而她带着三根断掉的肋骨住进了医院。 |
[28:34] | with three broken ribs, | 推了她,而她带着三根断掉的肋骨住进了医院。 |
[28:36] | wasn’t she, Mr. Carrington? | 不是吗,Carrington? |
[28:48] | Did you know about that conviction? | 你知道那次定罪吗? |
[28:51] | HERIC: So what? He was only 19 at the time. | 那又怎么样?他那时才19岁。 |
[28:53] | It doesn’t matter. | 那没什么区别。 |
[28:54] | That felony was reason enough | 那次定罪就是不让他出庭作证的充分理由。 |
[28:55] | to keep him off the stand. | 那次定罪就是不让他出庭作证的充分理由。 |
[28:57] | HERIC: You told me to put him on. | 你们告诉我要他出庭作证。 |
[28:58] | DONNELL: We didn’t know he beat up a former girlfriend. | 我们不知道他殴打了以前的女友。 |
[29:00] | HERIC: Well, the jury had to hear his story. | 好吧,陪审团得了解他的过往。 |
[29:02] | DONNELL: How about you letting us in | 从现在开始让我们知道所有的事情,如何? |
[29:03] | on all the facts from now on? | 从现在开始让我们知道所有的事情,如何? |
[29:06] | Just help me prepare my closing. | 就帮我准备结案陈词吧。 |
[29:09] | We’ll meet you back at the office. | 我们在事务所等你。 |
[29:17] | I have no information whatsoever. | 我什么也不知道。 |
[29:20] | What’s your relationship | 你和Mathis先生的关系如何? |
[29:21] | with Mr. Mathis? | 你和Mathis先生的关系如何? |
[29:23] | I work with him. We’re both lawyers | 我为他工作,我们都在同一家事务所里。 |
[29:24] | in the same firm. | 我为他工作,我们都在同一家事务所里。 |
[29:25] | Do you socialize together? | 你们在一起交往吗? |
[29:27] | MARK: No, we do not. | 不,我们没什么交往。 |
[29:28] | Were you in the Palmer House Hotel | 四月十二日的晚上,你在Palmer酒店吗? |
[29:30] | on the evening of April 12th? | 四月十二日的晚上,你在Palmer酒店吗? |
[29:32] | No, I was not. | 不,我不在。 |
[29:34] | BERLUTI: Do you have any information | 关于Mathis先生在4月12日卷入的事件中, |
[29:35] | concerning the events | 关于Mathis先生在4月12日卷入的事件中, |
[29:36] | involving Mr. Mathis | 你知道些什么吗? |
[29:37] | on April 12th? | 你知道些什么吗? |
[29:38] | Asked and answered. | 重复提问。 |
[29:39] | MARK: I will answer it again. | 我可以再回答一次。 |
[29:42] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, | 我不知道你在说什么, |
[29:43] | and I have no information. | 我也没有什么信息可以提供。 |
[29:47] | Do you know Jennifer Cole? | 你认识Jennifer Cole吗? |
[29:49] | No, I do not. | 不,我不认识。 |
[29:50] | Ever heard of her before? | 以前听说过她吗? |
[29:52] | Only in connection | 只在本次诉讼中听到过。 |
[29:53] | with this lawsuit. | 只在本次诉讼中听到过。 |
[29:59] | Okay. | 那好吧。 |
[30:00] | We’re done. | 我们完事了。 |
[30:02] | You can go, Mark. | 你可以走了,Mark |
[30:06] | You also, please. | 你也可以走了,谢谢。 |
[30:12] | If you go forward | 如果你继续进行下去,Berluti先生, |
[30:13] | with this lawsuit, Mr. Berluti, | 如果你继续进行下去,Berluti先生, |
[30:15] | this is the counterclaim | 这是等待着你的反诉。 |
[30:16] | that awaits you. | 这是等待着你的反诉。 |
[30:18] | Never mind abuse of process. | 滥用司法程序算是轻的。 |
[30:20] | There are counts of libel, | 还有诽谤罪, |
[30:21] | defamation of character. | 毁损名誉。 |
[30:23] | You can’t sue me for what I allege in a complaint. | 你不能因为我在诉状中的指控而起诉我。 |
[30:25] | MATHIS: Oh, we will. | 噢,我们会这样干的。 |
[30:27] | And, truthfully, I hope we lose | 而且,坦率地说,我希望我们第一轮输掉才好。 |
[30:28] | the first go-round. | 而且,坦率地说,我希望我们第一轮输掉才好。 |
[30:30] | That’ll give us a chance | 那样我们就有机会去上诉法庭, |
[30:31] | to go to the appeals court, | 那样我们就有机会去上诉法庭, |
[30:32] | possibly the S. J. C. | 可能是马萨诸塞州最高法院。 |
[30:35] | I hope you like working | 我希望你喜欢上这个案子,Berluti先生。 |
[30:36] | on this case, Mr. Berluti, | 我希望你喜欢上这个案子,Berluti先生。 |
[30:38] | because for the next three years, | 因为接下来的三年, |
[30:41] | you’ll have time for little else. | 你就没有时间去做别的了。 |
[30:47] | Sorry we’re late. | 对不起我们来晚了。 |
[30:48] | We were held up in court, and we all wanted | 我们在法庭上耽搁了,我们都想一起来。 |
[30:49] | to come over together. What is this? | – 我们在法庭上耽搁了,我们都想一起来。 – 这算什么? |
[30:51] | YOUNG: This is an army, Mr. Mathis. | 这是一支军队,Mathis先生。 |
[31:01] | YOUNG: See, you may have thought to yourself, | 听着,你可能暗自寻思, |
[31:03] | “Nobody’s gonna take up the cause | “没人会支持一个卑鄙的妓女” |
[31:05] | of a lowly prostitute,” | “没人会支持一个卑鄙的妓女” |
[31:06] | but you were wrong. | 但你错了。 |
[31:08] | Jennifer Cole is a friend of this firm. | Jennifer Cole是我们事务所的朋友。 |
[31:10] | We care about Jennifer Cole. | 我们关心Jennifer Cole。 |
[31:12] | We stand committed to exercising | 我们致力于维护Jennifer Cole的权力。 |
[31:14] | Jennifer Cole’s rights. | 我们致力于维护Jennifer Cole的权力。 |
[31:15] | I guess what I’m trying to say, Mr. Mathis, | Mathis先生,我想我们要对你说的是, |
[31:18] | if you want a war, | 如果你想要一场战争, |
[31:20] | you’ve got one. | 那你如愿了。 |
[31:22] | MATHIS: You think you’re ready to challenge | 你们认为你们准备要挑战我们事务所的人力和财力吗? |
[31:23] | the resources of this law firm? | 你们认为你们准备要挑战我们事务所的人力和财力吗? |
[31:25] | Do some research. | 去打听打听吧。 |
[31:27] | We’ve been up against big firms before | 我们以前对抗过很多大的律师事务所, |
[31:28] | and beaten them for a lot of money. | 并让他们付出了沉重的代价。 |
[31:31] | A reputation is a terrible thing to waste, | 名誉受损是件可怕的事。 |
[31:34] | Mr. Mathis. | Mathis先生。 |
[31:36] | You people are what give lawyers | 你们这些人玷污了律师的名声。 |
[31:37] | a bad name. | 你们这些人玷污了律师的名声。 |
[31:39] | WASHINGTON: No, lawyers who rape | 不对,犯下强奸罪的律师才玷污了我们的名声。 |
[31:41] | give us a bad name. | 不对,犯下强奸罪的律师才玷污了我们的名声。 |
[31:42] | DONNELL: Look, | 听着, |
[31:43] | we can fight | 我们开战或者就此达成和解, |
[31:45] | or we can settle this, | 我们开战或者就此达成和解, |
[31:46] | but like Eugene Young said, | 但如Eugene Young所说, |
[31:48] | if it’s a fight you want, | 如果你想开战, |
[31:50] | you’re in for a big one. | 你会迎来一场恶战。 |
[31:51] | And, win or lose, | 而且,不管结果如何, |
[31:54] | you lose. | 你都是输的。 |
[32:13] | $175,000, | 十七万五千元 |
[32:16] | all conditioned on total confidentiality. | 所有的条款都完全保密。 |
[32:21] | A hundred and seventy-five thousand? | 十七万五千元? |
[32:23] | I think we should take it. | 我认为我们应该接受。 |
[32:24] | Okay. | 那好呀。 |
[32:26] | We’ll have the check tomorrow. | 我们明天可以拿到支票。 |
[32:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[32:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[32:33] | Thank you all. | 谢谢你们大家。 |
[32:39] | But, Jennifer, listen. | 但是,Jennifer,听我说。 |
[32:47] | This guy, Mathis, | Mathis这个家伙, |
[32:48] | if he’s capable of rape, | 如果他能干出强奸这样的事, |
[32:51] | we just left him pretty hot. | 我们又刚让他非常恼火。 |
[32:53] | I don’t want you ever… | 我不像你再。。。 |
[32:54] | going back to the Palmer House. | 回到Palmer酒店去。 |
[32:56] | I won’t. | 我不会的。 |
[32:58] | BERLUTI: You have a little girl, Jennifer. | 你有个小女儿,Jennifer。 |
[33:00] | She needs you. | 他需要你。 |
[33:02] | The other night, | 没准儿哪一天, |
[33:03] | you could have been killed. | 你可能就被杀了。 |
[33:06] | You need to start over. | 你需要开始新生活。 |
[33:08] | I will, Jimmy, | 我会的,Jimmy, |
[33:12] | and not just for her, | 不仅仅是为我女儿, |
[33:13] | but for you. | 也很为了你。 |
[33:14] | You don’t owe me nothing. | 你不欠我什么。 |
[33:15] | I owe you my life, Jimmy, | 我这条命都是欠你的,Jimmy, |
[33:20] | and I’ll never forget it. | 我永远也不会忘记的。 |
[33:37] | ROLAND: She told her husband | 她告诉她的丈夫她害怕Daniel Carrington, |
[33:38] | she feared Daniel Carrington, | 她告诉她的丈夫她害怕Daniel Carrington, |
[33:40] | feared that he might hurt her, | 害怕他会伤害她, |
[33:42] | and she’s found dead. | 而后她死了。 |
[33:45] | Dead with traces of Daniel Carrington’s | 身上残留着Daniel Carrington的精液。 |
[33:46] | semen in her. | 身上残留着Daniel Carrington的精液。 |
[33:48] | Her blood is found | Daniel Carrington的车里发现了她的血迹。 |
[33:49] | in Daniel Carrington’s car. | Daniel Carrington的车里发现了她的血迹。 |
[33:51] | Come on. | 想想吧。 |
[33:52] | He previously beat up | 他以前打得另一个女友进了医院。 |
[33:54] | and hospitalized another girlfriend. | 他以前打得另一个女友进了医院。 |
[33:57] | All the evidence | 这个案子里所有的证据都指向他。 |
[33:58] | in this case points to him, | 这个案子里所有的证据都指向他。 |
[34:00] | and what’s his story? | 而他怎么解释的? |
[34:02] | They made love in a bar? | 他们在酒吧里做爱? |
[34:05] | Nobody saw them in this bar, | 那酒吧没人看见他们 |
[34:07] | not one patron, | 没有一个顾客, |
[34:09] | not one waitress or bartender. | 没有一个侍者或酒保。 |
[34:11] | There was a message | 一条来自受害人断绝关系的留言。 |
[34:13] | from the victim | 一条来自受害人断绝关系的留言。 |
[34:14] | breaking off the relationship. | 一条来自受害人断绝关系的留言。 |
[34:16] | A message… | 一条。。。 |
[34:17] | to the defendant left one hour | 在她死前一个小时发给被告的留言。 |
[34:19] | before she was murdered. | 在她死前一个小时发给被告的留言。 |
[34:21] | There is no doubt here, | 这不存在疑问, |
[34:25] | ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们。 |
[34:27] | Daniel Carrington | Daniel Carrington |
[34:29] | murdered Jean Homestead. | 谋杀了Jean Homestead。 |
[34:41] | I certainly understand the theory | 我当然理解这种认为是Danny所为的推测。 |
[34:43] | that Danny did it. | 我当然理解这种认为是Danny所为的推测。 |
[34:45] | His sperm, | 他的精液, |
[34:46] | the blood, | 还有血迹, |
[34:47] | phone message, | 电话留言, |
[34:49] | it makes perfect sense | 由此得出那样的结论是很有道理的, |
[34:50] | to jump to that conclusion, | 由此得出那样的结论是很有道理的, |
[34:51] | doesn’t it? | 不是吗? |
[34:52] | But we don’t jump to conclusions | 但在谋杀案审理中,我们不能急于得出结论。 |
[34:54] | in murder trials. | 但在谋杀案审理中,我们不能急于得出结论。 |
[34:56] | The evidence has to establish guilt | 证据必须要能超越合理怀疑地证实罪名成立。 |
[34:59] | beyond all reasonable doubt. | 证据必须要能超越合理怀疑地证实罪名成立。 |
[35:01] | Now, have they really done so here? | 而现在,控方真的做到这一点了吗? |
[35:04] | They certainly didn’t rule out | 控方当然没有排除掉 |
[35:06] | that they made love at the club | 他们在酒吧做爱 |
[35:08] | or that Danny was alone at home. | 或者Danny是独自在家的可能。 |
[35:12] | And let’s face it. | 让我们正视这一点。 |
[35:13] | We really can’t rule out the husband, | 我们完全不能排除这个丈夫作案的嫌疑, |
[35:15] | can we? | 能吗? |
[35:16] | He had motive, | 他有作案动机, |
[35:18] | opportunity, | 作案条件, |
[35:19] | no alibi. | 没有不在现场证明。 |
[35:21] | What about the stepson, | 还有那个继子, |
[35:22] | for that matter? | 同样是吧? |
[35:23] | Hmm? Any stepson | 嗯?所有卷入恋母情结的继子 |
[35:25] | embroiled in an Oedipal affair | 嗯?所有卷入恋母情结的继子 |
[35:28] | is certainly capable of twisted turns. | 也当然能变成一个怪僻。 |
[35:31] | It doesn’t even stop there. | 这还不算完。 |
[35:34] | Suppose Danny Carrington | 假设Danny Carrington有另一个情人。 |
[35:35] | had another lover. | 假设Danny Carrington有另一个情人。 |
[35:38] | No evidence, to be sure, but they | 当然这没有证据,但是他们甚至没对此进行调查。 |
[35:41] | didn’t even investigate that. | 当然这没有证据,但是他们甚至没对此进行调查。 |
[35:43] | And is it really that far-fetched? | 但这真的有那么牵强吗? |
[35:46] | The other lover | 另一个情人 |
[35:47] | gets wind of the little session | 在俱乐部听到小道消息, |
[35:49] | at the club, | 在俱乐部听到小道消息, |
[35:51] | goes to the victim’s house, | 就去受害人的家里, |
[35:54] | threatens her, | 威胁她, |
[35:56] | forces her to make that phone call | 强迫她打了那个意在把Danny牵扯进来的电话。 |
[35:58] | to implicate Danny. | 强迫她打了那个意在把Danny牵扯进来的电话。 |
[36:00] | Then he or she kills the woman, | 然后他或者她杀了这个女人。 |
[36:03] | dumps her in the alley, | 把她丢在小巷里, |
[36:04] | knowing full well | 他们完全清楚警方会怀疑谁。 |
[36:06] | who the police will blame. | 他们完全清楚警方会怀疑谁。 |
[36:09] | He or she even plants | 他或者她甚至会把血迹栽赃在Danny的车里。 |
[36:11] | that little blood speck in his car. | 他或者她甚至会把血迹栽赃在Danny的车里。 |
[36:16] | Now, Danny is the obvious suspect, | 现在,Danny是最明显的嫌疑犯, |
[36:20] | but it could have been anybody, | 但也可能是其他人干的, |
[36:22] | maybe one of you, | 也许是你们中的一个干的, |
[36:26] | maybe the judge, | 也许是法官干的 |
[36:31] | maybe me. | 也许是我干的。 |
[36:38] | Now, | 现在, |
[36:38] | could have been a bonehead, | 可能是Danny这样的笨蛋所做愚蠢的谋杀 |
[36:39] | stupid murder by Danny | 可能是Danny这样的笨蛋所做愚蠢的谋杀 |
[36:42] | or one of the more perfect variety | 或者,是某个人的完美的手法陷害了他, |
[36:45] | by somebody else to frame him, | 或者,是某个人的完美的手法陷害了他, |
[36:47] | the husband, | 受害人的丈夫, |
[36:49] | the stepson, | 继子, |
[36:50] | a female lover, | 一个女情人, |
[36:52] | a big, gay, | 一个同性恋, |
[36:54] | sick lover, anybody. | 变态的情人,任何人都有可能。 |
[36:58] | The simple truth is, | 简而言之 |
[37:01] | we don’t know, | 我们都不清楚, |
[37:03] | certainly not beyond | 这肯定是没有超越合理怀疑的。 |
[37:05] | all reasonable doubt. | 这肯定是没有超越合理怀疑的。 |
[37:39] | They sent you with the check? | 他们派你来送支票了? |
[37:41] | No, the check is coming by messenger. | 不是,支票是邮差来送。 |
[37:44] | May I see you in private, Mr. Berluti? | Berluti先生,我可以和你私下谈谈吗? |
[37:53] | I’m a man of conscience, | 我是个有良心的人, |
[37:55] | which made yesterday | 这使得昨天成为我一生中最难受的一天。 |
[37:56] | one of the most difficult days in my life. | 这使得昨天成为我一生中最难受的一天。 |
[38:01] | I lied in my deposition, Mr. Berluti. | Berluti先生,我在证词上撒谎了。 |
[38:05] | I had a hunch. | 我有预感。 |
[38:06] | I don’t think you had this particular hunch. | 我觉得你没有料到这事不同寻常。 |
[38:11] | About six weeks ago, | 大概六周前, |
[38:12] | I met Jennifer Cole | 我在Palmer酒店遇到了Jennifer Cole。 |
[38:13] | in the Palmer House. | 我在Palmer酒店遇到了Jennifer Cole。 |
[38:15] | She passed herself off | 她冒充一名年轻的广告主管。 |
[38:16] | as a young advertising executive. | 她冒充一名年轻的广告主管。 |
[38:18] | We got a room, we made love, | 我们开了一个房间,做爱, |
[38:21] | after which, she informed me | 完事后,她告诉我她是个妓女 |
[38:22] | that she was a prostitute | 完事后,她告诉我她是个妓女 |
[38:24] | and if I didn’t give her $10,000, | 如果我不给她一万块的话, |
[38:26] | she would tell my wife | 她会告诉我的妻子, |
[38:29] | or cry “Rape.” | 或者哭诉说“被强奸了” |
[38:35] | Here’s a copy of my check. | 这是我给她的支票的复印件。 |
[38:41] | There’s nothing to be done now. | 现在一切都结束了。 |
[38:42] | Your case is settled. | 你的案子也和解了。 |
[38:44] | But these are people | 但这都是有家室的人, |
[38:45] | with families, | 但这都是有家室的人, |
[38:46] | Mr. Berluti. | Berluti先生。 |
[38:49] | It’s difficult for me to stay quiet | 她如果还打算再这么干的话, |
[38:51] | knowing she’s going to do this again. | 我很难再保持沉默。 |
[39:06] | Did you kill her? | 是你杀了她吗? |
[39:07] | HERIC: Bobby, I was throwing out a hypothetical. | Bobby,我在提出一个假设。 |
[39:09] | DONNELL: I don’t think so, Joey. | Joey,我可不这么看。 |
[39:11] | This totally fits your narcissistic disorder. | 这完全符合你的自恋型人格紊乱。 |
[39:14] | The only reason we were at that table | 我们被拉进这个案子的唯一原因 |
[39:15] | was to be an audience for that smile. | 就是作为观众看到你那个微笑。 |
[39:18] | You did it, | 是你干的, |
[39:19] | and you wanted us to know you did it. | 而且你希望我们知道是你干的。 |
[39:21] | HERIC: You’ve been watching too much television. | 你电视剧看得太多了。 |
[39:22] | DONNELL: Did you and Danny used to be lovers? | 你和Danny过去是情人吗? |
[39:24] | Well, now that you mention it, | 好吧,既然你提到了, |
[39:26] | that’s how I got the case. | 这就是我怎么得到这个案子的原因。 |
[39:28] | DONNELL: I’m going to the D. A. | 我要去找地区检察官。 |
[39:29] | HERIC: Oh, please, Bobby. | 噢,拜托别这样,Bobby。 |
[39:31] | The jury’s out. | 陪审团去商议了。 |
[39:32] | If we win, you’ve got nothing to say. | 如果我们赢了,你没什么好说的。 |
[39:34] | If we lose, | 如果我们输了, |
[39:35] | well, D. A. s just love | 检察官只会乐于放弃定罪,不是吗? |
[39:37] | to throw out convictions, don’t they? | 检察官只会乐于放弃定罪,不是吗? |
[39:38] | I’m sure he’ll be thrilled to listen. | 我敢肯定听到你说的他会很兴奋。 |
[39:40] | FRUTT: I think you wanna lose. | 我认为你是想输。 |
[39:41] | That’s why you put your guy on the stand | 所以你才让你那被判过重罪的当事人出庭作证 |
[39:44] | with a felony conviction | 所以你才让你那被判过重罪的当事人出庭作证 |
[39:46] | and that closing? HERIC: Well, wait, wait. | – 还有那套结案陈词? – 等等 |
[39:47] | What was wrong with my closing? | 结案陈词有什么问题? |
[39:48] | FRUTT: It was ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[39:50] | “Maybe the judge did it, | “也许是法官干的, |
[39:51] | maybe a juror did it?” | 可能是陪审员干的吧?” |
[39:52] | I also said, “Maybe the lawyer did it.” | 我也说了,“也许是律师干的” |
[39:54] | That part, you seem to believe. | 这一句,你们似乎是相信了。 |
[39:56] | DONNELL: You killed her. | 是你杀了她。 |
[40:01] | you think I’m evil? | 你们觉得我是个恶魔吗? |
[40:03] | DONNELL: You murdered his lover, | 你某撒谎了他的情人, |
[40:05] | framed him, | 陷害他, |
[40:06] | got yourself put on as his lawyer | 让你自己当他的律师担保他脱罪。 |
[40:07] | to guarantee he goes away. | 让你自己当他的律师担保他脱罪。 |
[40:11] | Well, I must say, it does sound | 好吧,我必须要说,这听起来配得上我。 |
[40:13] | worthy of me. | 好吧,我必须要说,这听起来配得上我。 |
[40:23] | Hi, everybody. | 嗨,大家好。 |
[40:29] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
[40:33] | The name “Mark Greene” | “Mark Greene”这个名字 |
[40:35] | didn’t ring a bell with you, Jennifer? | 没有让你想起什么吗,Jennifer? |
[40:39] | You cashed his check. | 你兑现了他的支票。 |
[40:45] | You did the same thing to him | 你对他做了和对Mathis同样的事。 |
[40:47] | you did to Mathis. | 你对他做了和对Mathis同样的事。 |
[40:52] | Here’s your check. | 这是你的支票。 |
[40:54] | Take it, | 拿走吧。 |
[40:56] | walk out of this office, | 离开我的办公室, |
[40:57] | and never come back here again. | 永远也别再回来。 |
[41:01] | These people are rich, Jimmy. | 这些都是有钱人,Jimmy。 |
[41:05] | It’s expensive | 我养孩子很花钱,而且。。。 |
[41:06] | raising a child, and… | 我养孩子很花钱,而且。。。 |
[41:08] | BERLUTI: The biggest problem your child has | 你孩子最大的问题就是有你这么个妈妈。 |
[41:10] | is having you for a mother. | 你孩子最大的问题就是有你这么个妈妈。 |
[41:14] | If I hear of this happening ever again, | 如果我再听到发生这类的事, |
[41:18] | I’ll go to the police | 我就会去找警方和社会服务机构 |
[41:20] | and to Social Services | 我就会去找警方和社会服务机构 |
[41:22] | to take that child away from you. | 把你的孩子带走。 |
[41:26] | Take the check, | 拿上这张支票, |
[41:28] | walk out, | 出去吧, |
[41:29] | and never come back. | 永远别回来。 |
[41:55] | I’m so nervous. | 我好紧张呀。 |
[41:56] | PATRICK: Will the defendant please rise? | 请被告站起来, |
[42:01] | Madam foreperson, | 陪审团主席女士, |
[42:03] | has the jury reached a unanimous verdict? | 陪审团达成一致裁决了吗? |
[42:06] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人。 |
[42:07] | What say you? | 请宣布。 |
[42:09] | FOREPERSON: In the matter of the Commonwealth | 马萨诸塞州诉Daniel Carrington, |
[42:10] | versus Daniel Carrington, | 马萨诸塞州诉Daniel Carrington, |
[42:12] | on the charge of murder | 一级谋杀罪一案, |
[42:13] | in the first degree, | 一级谋杀罪一案, |
[42:15] | we, the jury, find the defendant, | 本陪审团裁决被告Daniel Carrington, |
[42:17] | Daniel Carrington, | 本陪审团裁决被告Daniel Carrington, |
[42:19] | guilty. | 罪名成立。 |
[42:24] | HERIC: We will appeal, Your Honor. | 我们要求上诉,法官大人。 |
[42:25] | So noted. | 予以记录在案。 |
[42:26] | Members of the jury, | 陪审团成员们, |
[42:28] | this completes your service. | 你们已尽到了你们的义务。 |
[42:29] | Security, will you take | 法警,将被告收押。 |
[42:30] | the defendant into custody? | 法警,将被告收押。 |
[42:32] | We’re hereby adjourned. | 我们特此休庭。 |
[42:35] | HERIC: Danny, listen, don’t lose hope. | Danny,听着,不要绝望。 |
[42:36] | We will keep trying. But what happens now, right? | – 我们会继续努力的 – 现在这是怎么回事? |
[42:38] | HERIC: We’re gonna come right in. | 我们会立即着手。 |
[42:39] | We’re gonna start talking about our appeal. | 我们会开始讨论上诉事宜。 |
[42:41] | Now, Danny, don’t lose hope. | 现在,Danny,不要绝望。 |
[42:43] | Don’t lose hope, Danny. | Danny,不要绝望。 |
[42:44] | Remember, | 记住, |
[42:45] | in the end, | 最终, |
[42:47] | it’s a good world. | 一切都会好起来的。 |
[42:53] | Well, | 那好吧, |
[42:54] | I guess you can’t win them all. | 我觉得就是你也完全赢不了。 |
[42:57] | If I can figure out a way to reveal what I know, I will. | 如果我能找到办法披露我所知道的,我就会去做的。 |
[43:00] | HERIC: Certainly you know the allegation | 你当然知道指控我是故意输掉案子, |
[43:01] | that I tried to lose a case | 你当然知道指控我是故意输掉案子, |
[43:03] | would be libel, per se. | 本身就是诽谤。 |
[43:06] | Listen, come on, sometimes you have to accept | 听着,算了吧,有时候你得承认不幸的结果。 |
[43:08] | unfortunate outcomes. | 听着,算了吧,有时候你得承认不幸的结果。 |
[43:10] | All part of being a lawyer, isn’t it? | 都是做律师这行免不了的,不是吗? |
[43:13] | Right, Ellie? | 对吗,Ellie? |
[43:16] | Well, if you’ll excuse me, | 好了,我少陪了, |
[43:17] | I’m wanna go try to dig up some new clients. | 我要去找些新客户了。 |
[43:21] | Till we meet again. | 后会有期。 |