时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | DOLE: Previously on The Practice… | 前集回顾未作翻译。 |
[00:03] | My name is Hannibal Lecter. | |
[00:05] | You plan to argue insanity? | |
[00:07] | You murdered and ate | |
[00:08] | three people, Mr. Lecter. | |
[00:10] | I didn’t kill them. | |
[00:11] | The other man killed them. | |
[00:13] | What other man? | |
[00:15] | He’s never denied consuming the victims, | |
[00:18] | but it’s always the other persona | |
[00:19] | who stabbed the girls. | |
[00:20] | What do you think? | |
[00:21] | MAN: I don’t know. | |
[00:23] | All I am sure of | |
[00:24] | is as crazy as he may be, | |
[00:27] | he is not stupid. | |
[00:29] | Hello, Clarice. | |
[00:30] | DONNELL: Oh, brother. | |
[00:31] | Does Bobby know? | |
[00:34] | Does he know what? | |
[00:35] | That you’re in love with me. | |
[00:37] | GAMBLE: When you saw these women murdered | |
[00:40] | by this other man– | |
[00:41] | I gave the police a partial description. | |
[00:43] | I told them where he kills. | |
[00:45] | Instead of persecuting me, | |
[00:47] | you should be looking for him, | |
[00:48] | especially, since… | |
[00:49] | he’s planning to kill Clarice. | |
[00:51] | DOLE: I got stabbed two years ago. | |
[00:53] | I got stabbed, Bobby. | |
[00:54] | A man stuck a knife into me three times. | |
[00:56] | I have never gone back to being okay | |
[00:59] | no matter how much that you insist | |
[01:01] | that I have. | |
[01:02] | We find the defendant, Lawrence O’Malley, | |
[01:04] | not guilty. | |
[01:06] | Thank you, Bobby… | |
[01:10] | Clarice. | |
[01:27] | Hello? | 喂? |
[01:32] | Hello? | 你好? |
[01:45] | DONNELL: What about entrapping him? | 下套诱捕他,怎么样? |
[01:47] | We’ve thought about that. | 我们考虑过这个办法。 |
[01:49] | The thing is, | 问题是, |
[01:50] | it’s not like the guy hits often. | 他并不是经常作案。 |
[01:51] | And he’s killed three girls | 他两年里才杀了三个女孩。 |
[01:52] | in two years. | 他两年里才杀了三个女孩。 |
[01:54] | What about using me? | 用我来诱捕他呢? |
[01:55] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吧? |
[01:56] | I’m going crazy, Bobby. | 我没疯,Bobby。 |
[01:57] | The longer he stays out there | 他在外面呆着就一直会给我打电话。 |
[01:58] | calling me on the phone. | 他在外面呆着就一直会给我打电话。 |
[01:59] | There’s no way to protect you. | 没办法保护你的安全。 |
[02:01] | DOLE: So, what, I just go to bed every night | 那怎么办,我只好每天晚上睡觉的时候 |
[02:02] | consoling myself that one day | 自我安慰说总有一天警方会抓住他? |
[02:03] | they’ll finally get him? | 自我安慰说总有一天警方会抓住他? |
[02:05] | DONNELL: You will not be used as bait | 你不能被当作一个连环杀手的诱饵。 |
[02:06] | for a serial killer. | 你不能被当作一个连环杀手的诱饵。 |
[02:08] | It wouldn’t work anyway, Lindsay. | Lindsay,那绝对不会有用的。 |
[02:09] | The guy’s too smart for that. | 这家伙太聪明了。 |
[02:10] | DOLE: Well, come up with something, Helen. | 那好,Helen,想点办法出来。 |
[02:12] | I am not going through this again. | 我不要再遭一遍罪了。 |
[02:17] | What I’d like to do is get him | 我打想采取的做法是通过民事拘押 |
[02:18] | civilly committed. | 把他送进精神病院。 |
[02:20] | Can you? | 你能做到吗? |
[02:22] | It’ll be tough, especially, | 会很难,尤其是因为, |
[02:23] | since he was acquitted, but we can try. | 他被判无罪了,不过我们可以试试。 |
[02:26] | Lindsay, I need you to testify against him | Lindsay,我需要你指证他, |
[02:29] | to help convince the judge he’s nuts. | 使法官相信他是疯子。 |
[02:31] | Fine. | 好的。 |
[02:32] | Time and place, I’ll be there. | 通知我时间地点,我就会去。 |
[02:34] | We’ll pick him up tomorrow. | 我们明天 |
[02:35] | But, again, it’s a real long shot. | 但是,我再说一遍,机会渺茫。 |
[02:38] | Just get him. | 先抓起来再说, |
[02:39] | And if he resists, | 如果他拘捕, |
[02:41] | shoot him. | 就毙了他。 |
[03:40] | What do you mean it’s lost? | 你说丢了是什么意思? |
[03:42] | The findings aren’t lost, | 相关的调查材料没有丢失, |
[03:43] | just the rape kit itself. | 丢的只是性侵证据收集包。 |
[03:44] | Who lost it? | 谁弄丢的? |
[03:45] | We don’t know. | 不清楚。 |
[03:47] | YOUNG: We thought it had been sent to our lab, | 我们以为送给我方的实验室了, |
[03:49] | and we were waiting for the results. | 我们一直在等测试结果 |
[03:50] | We called them again today, | 我们今天又给他们打了电话, |
[03:51] | and they’ve told us | 而他们告诉我们 |
[03:52] | they never even received it. | 他们甚至没有收到过。 |
[03:54] | Do your storage records show it was sent out? | 你们的库管记录上显示送出了吗? |
[03:56] | No. | 没有 |
[03:57] | YOUNG: Your Honor, since we were not afforded | 法官大人,因为我们没有机会自己进行测试, |
[03:59] | the opportunity to conduct our own tests, | 法官大人,因为我们没有机会自己进行测试, |
[04:01] | the DNA evidence has to be excluded. | DNA证据必须予以排除。 |
[04:03] | You can cross our technicians. | 你可以对我们的技术人员进行交叉盘问。 |
[04:05] | It’s not the same as doing our own test, | 这和我们自己做测试不是一回事。 |
[04:06] | and you know it. | 你很清楚这一点的。 |
[04:08] | I can’t let it in, Ms. Gamble. | Gamble女士,我不能允许DNA证据呈堂。 |
[04:10] | Your Honor, they weren’t even serious | 法官大人,他们甚至没有认真对待他们自己要做的测试 |
[04:11] | about doing their own test. | 法官大人,他们甚至没有认真对待他们自己要做的测试 |
[04:13] | Why did they wait till the eve of this trial? | 要不然他们为什么会等到开庭前夕呢? |
[04:15] | Well, we’re serious about it now. | 我们现在认真对待了。 |
[04:16] | This is amusing to you, Eugene? | 你觉得这挺有趣是吗,Eugene? |
[04:19] | WHITE: Counsel, if they didn’t get access, | 律师,如果他们没有得到样本, |
[04:21] | the DNA evidence is excluded. | 那DNA测试的证据就要予以排除。 |
[04:25] | So what that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[04:26] | YOUNG: It means their whole case now | 那就是说他们所有的指控依据就是受害人的指认了。 |
[04:28] | is the victim’s ID. | 那就是说他们所有的指控依据就是受害人的指认了。 |
[04:30] | Let’s not get cocky. | 我们别太自信了 |
[04:31] | At probable cause, | 在合理根据上 |
[04:32] | she was pretty convincing. | 她的作证很有说服力。 |
[04:34] | But at least now they’re offering a plea. | 但至少现在检方提出了一个认罪条件。 |
[04:36] | Yeah. What is it? | 什么条件? |
[04:37] | Fifteen years. | 服刑十五年。 |
[04:38] | Oh, no way, man! | 噢,没门儿,哥们儿! |
[04:39] | YOUNG: Third strike, Jerry. | 你的情况属于惯犯罪,Jerry (美国法律规定的惯犯罪Third strike, 如果第三次被判重暴力罪的话,会终身监禁。) |
[04:41] | If convicted, you get life. | 如果被定罪了,你会被关一辈子的。 |
[04:43] | All right. Look… | |
[04:45] | I got a twin brother. | 我有个双胞胎兄弟。 |
[04:46] | Suppose we put him at the table | 假如我们让他出庭 |
[04:48] | and let her identify him. | 并让她指认出他。 |
[04:50] | That’s reasonable doubt. | 那就有了合理怀疑了。 |
[04:51] | We can’t do that. | 我们不能那么做。 |
[04:54] | I ain’t doing no 15. | 我可不要服十五年的刑。 |
[04:58] | Rape victims supposed to be shaky. | 强奸受害人应该是容易动摇的。 |
[05:00] | That’s what I hear. | 我听到是这样的。 |
[05:05] | Let’s go to trial. | 那我们就上庭吧。 |
[05:07] | And, Eugene, | 还有,Eugene, |
[05:09] | don’t hold back on this bitch. | 别对那个婊子留情。 |
[05:15] | You lost the evidence? | 你们把证据弄丢了? |
[05:17] | Callie, we can still win. How? | – Callie,我们还是可以赢的。 – 怎么赢? |
[05:20] | GAMBLE: Well, right now it comes down to your word, | 现在就全靠你的证词了, |
[05:22] | which is very compelling. | 那是非常令人信服的。 |
[05:24] | You don’t look so sure, Helen. | 你看起来没什么把握,Helen。 |
[05:26] | GAMBLE: Look, I’m completely prepared to go forward, | 听着,我完全为上庭做好了准备, |
[05:29] | but I’m also prepared to go back | 但我也准备提出服刑八年的认罪条件。 |
[05:31] | and offer eight years. | 但我也准备提出服刑八年的认罪条件。 |
[05:32] | If you think– Eight? | – 如果你觉得。。。 – 八年? |
[05:34] | It’s a conviction. | 这也算是给他定罪了。 |
[05:36] | It takes him off the streets. | 可以把他关起来。 |
[05:37] | Besides, a trial could be very unpleasant. | 此外,出庭过程会很难熬的 |
[05:41] | Eight is not an option. | 八年不能考虑。 |
[05:43] | Not for what he did to me. | 对于他对我的所做所为,八年不行。 |
[05:46] | Okay. | 那好吧。 |
[05:49] | GAMBLE: I’ll see you in the courtroom, | 我们法庭上再见。 |
[05:50] | division three. | 三号庭。 |
[05:51] | Okay. | 好的。 |
[05:58] | You get him yet? | 你们抓了他吗? |
[05:59] | GAMBLE: Noon. | 中午。 |
[06:00] | I’m going on the ride personally | 我会亲自去一趟, |
[06:02] | to make sure things aren’t any more | 以免发生不必要的违宪情况。 |
[06:03] | unconstitutional than necessary. | 以免发生不必要的违宪情况。 |
[06:05] | Helen, is it possible to do this | Helen,办这件事有可能不用Lindsay作证吗? |
[06:07] | without Lindsay testifying? | Helen,办这件事有可能不用Lindsay作证吗? |
[06:09] | She’s not in very good shape. | 她身体状况不好 |
[06:10] | GAMBLE: Bobby, even with Lindsay, | Bobby,即使Lindsay作证机会都不大。 |
[06:12] | this is a long shot. | Bobby,即使Lindsay作证机会都不大。 |
[06:13] | We need her to say | 我们需要她说出来她是多怕这家伙。 |
[06:14] | how afraid she is of this guy. | 我们需要她说出来她是多怕这家伙。 |
[06:16] | Otherwise– DONNELL: Anything he said | – 不然的话。。。 – 他对她说的, |
[06:18] | to her, I was there for. | 我都在场。 |
[06:18] | I can provide– GAMBLE: We need her. | – 我能证明。。。 – 我们需要她。 |
[06:21] | Look, I’m not gonna bother picking him up | 听着,如果我指望不上Lindsay, |
[06:23] | if I can’t count on her. | 我就不会去费力抓他了。 |
[06:24] | You saw how she was last night. | 你看到他她昨晚什么样了。 |
[06:26] | GAMBLE: I did. | 我看到了。 |
[06:27] | But do you want this guy | 但你想不想把这家伙关起来? |
[06:28] | in custody or not? | 但你想不想把这家伙关起来? |
[06:34] | I was opening my apartment door, | 我正打开我公寓的门, |
[06:36] | and as I opened it, | 一打开门, |
[06:38] | I was suddenly shoved inside | 我就被挤回到门里并被撞倒在地板上。 |
[06:40] | and then knocked to the floor. | 我就被挤回到门里并被撞倒在地板上。 |
[06:42] | GAMBLE: Do you see the person today | 你今天看到那个把你撞倒在地板上的人了吗? |
[06:43] | who knocked you to the floor? | 你今天看到那个把你撞倒在地板上的人了吗? |
[06:44] | Him, the defendant. | 就是他,被告。 |
[06:47] | GAMBLE: Are you sure this is the man, | 你肯定是这个人吗,Fairbanks女士? |
[06:49] | Ms. Fairbanks? | 你肯定是这个Fairbanks先生吗? |
[06:50] | I’m positive. | 我肯定。 |
[06:51] | That’s him. | 就是他。 |
[06:53] | GAMBLE: Now, after you were pulled to the floor, | 那么,在你被推倒在地板上后, |
[06:56] | what happened next? | 发生了什么事? |
[06:59] | He closed the door, | 他关上了门。 |
[07:02] | and he told me if I screamed | 他告诉我如果我叫喊的话 |
[07:03] | he would kill me. | 他会杀了我。 |
[07:05] | He then, um, pulled his pants down, | 然后他,呃,褪掉他的裤子, |
[07:09] | and he started to climb on top of me. | 他开始爬到我身上。 |
[07:12] | Um, he pushed my skirt up, | 呃,他把我的裙子往上推, |
[07:15] | and I tried to get free, | 我尽力想挣脱, |
[07:18] | and that’s when he punched me. | 那是那时他打了我。 |
[07:20] | GAMBLE: Where? | 打了你哪里? |
[07:22] | FAIRBANKS: In the face. | 脸上。 |
[07:23] | I took my key, | 我拿着钥匙, |
[07:24] | and I tried to gouge him. | 我试图去戳他。 |
[07:26] | I got him behind the ear. | 我戳中了他耳朵后面。 |
[07:29] | And then he hit me three or four times, | 然后他又打了我三四下, |
[07:32] | and I kind of lost consciousness. | 我有点失去知觉了。 |
[07:35] | And the next thing I was aware of, | 接下来我记得的是, |
[07:39] | he was ramming himself into me. | 他在强奸我。 |
[07:41] | GAMBLE: Are you absolutely sure | 你完全肯定是这个人 |
[07:44] | this is the man who raped you | 在三月十一日晚上强奸了你吗? |
[07:47] | on the evening of March 11th? | 在三月十一日晚上强奸了你吗? |
[07:49] | I am absolutely sure. | 我完全肯定。 |
[07:52] | I have nightmares about his face. | 我在噩梦中能梦到他的脸。 |
[07:54] | I try to get his face out of my mind, | 我尽力忘掉他的脸, |
[07:57] | but I can’t. | 但我做不到。 |
[07:58] | That’s him. | 就是他。 |
[07:59] | That’s the man who raped me. | 他就是那个强奸我的人。 |
[08:02] | GAMBLE: Thank you. | 谢谢你。 |
[08:08] | YOUNG: When the police arrived, | 警察来的时候 |
[08:10] | you said you could not | 你说你无法估计嫌疑犯的身高或体型。 |
[08:12] | approximate the suspect’s height or build. | 你说你无法估计嫌疑犯的身高或体型。 |
[08:15] | I saw his face very clearly. | 他的脸我看得很清楚。 |
[08:18] | But you said he had no facial hair. | 但是你说他没有胡子。 |
[08:19] | At the time of my client’s arrest, | 在我的当事人被捕时, |
[08:21] | he had a moustache. | 他留着小胡子。 |
[08:22] | FAIRBANKS: I evidently didn’t see the moustache, | 显然是我没注意看他的胡子, |
[08:24] | but I saw his eyes and I recognize them. | 但我看到了他的双眼,我认出来那双眼睛了。 |
[08:26] | YOUNG: You told the police you gouged him | 你对警察说你戳中了他耳朵的后部 |
[08:28] | behind the ear, drawing blood. | 划出了血。 |
[08:31] | Are you aware that they found | 你知道警方没有在我当事人身上发现划痕或疤痕吗? |
[08:32] | no scratches or marks on my client? | 你知道警方没有在我当事人身上发现划痕或疤痕吗? |
[08:34] | I thought I drew blood, | 我以为我把他划出了血, |
[08:36] | but the blood on my hand and key | 但我猜我手上和钥匙上的血是我自己的。 |
[08:38] | turned out to be my own, | 但我猜我手上和钥匙上的血是我自己的。 |
[08:39] | I guess. | 但我猜我手上和钥匙上的血是我自己的。 |
[08:40] | YOUNG: You guess? | 你猜的? |
[08:42] | Did you describe for the police | 你向警方描述了施暴者穿什么样的衣服了吗? |
[08:44] | the clothing the assailant was wearing? | 你向警方描述了施暴者穿什么样的衣服了吗? |
[08:46] | No. | 没有。 |
[08:47] | You were knocked unconscious | 在被施暴期间你被搞得神志不清,是这样吗? |
[08:48] | during the attack, is that right? | 在被施暴期间你被搞得神志不清,是这样吗? |
[08:50] | After the rape. | 那是被强奸之后。 |
[08:51] | I was conscious | 我在受到攻击的时候是清醒的。 |
[08:52] | during the attack. | 我在受到攻击的时候是清醒的。 |
[08:53] | YOUNG: Well, you testified when he punched you | 那好,你作证说当他在强奸你之前, |
[08:55] | three or four times before the rape, | 打了你三四下, |
[08:59] | you kind of lost consciousness. | 你有点神志不清了。 |
[09:01] | Are you now changing that testimony? | 而现在你是改变了证词吗? |
[09:02] | FAIRBANKS: I kind of lost consciousness, | 我有点神志不清, |
[09:04] | but I was conscious for the rape | 但我是知道我被强奸了, |
[09:06] | and I saw his face exactly. | 而且我真真切切地看到了他的脸。 |
[09:09] | Except for the moustache. | 除了他的胡子。 |
[09:11] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[09:13] | YOUNG: When you were suddenly grabbed and dragged | 当你突然被抓住并被拖进你的公寓里时, |
[09:14] | into your apartment, | 当你突然被抓住并被拖进你的公寓里时, |
[09:15] | did you go into a little shock? | 你是不是有点被吓懵了? |
[09:17] | If you’re asking, did it compromise | – 如果你是要问,那是否影响我的观察能力的话。。。 – 不是问这个。 |
[09:19] | my capacity to observe– YOUNG: No. | – 如果你是要问,那是否影响我的观察能力的话。。。 – 不是问这个。 |
[09:22] | I’m asking, “Did you go into a little shock?” | 我问的是“你是不是有点被吓懵了?” |
[09:25] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[09:26] | YOUNG: “Compromise your capacity to observe,” | “影响你的观察能力” |
[09:28] | that’s legal terminology. | 这是法律术语。 |
[09:30] | Are you a lawyer? | 你是律师吗? |
[09:31] | No. | 不是。 |
[09:33] | YOUNG: Those were you own words, | 你自己说了, |
[09:35] | “Compromise your capacity to observe”? | “影响你的观察能力” |
[09:41] | Did Ms. Gamble use that term with you? | Gamble女士跟你说过这个术语吗? |
[09:42] | Objection. | 反对。 |
[09:43] | Sustained. | 反对有效。 |
[09:44] | YOUNG: Did the district attorney | 检察官对你的观察能力感到担心吗? |
[09:46] | have concerns about your capacity to observe? | 检察官对你的观察能力感到担心吗? |
[09:49] | Objection! | 反对! |
[09:50] | Sustained. | 反对有效。 |
[09:51] | Thank you, Ms. Fairbanks. | 谢谢你,Fairbanks女士。 |
[10:01] | I got to get back. | 我得回去了。 |
[10:02] | If he doesn’t come out soon– | 如果他还不马上出来。。。 |
[10:04] | McGUIRE: Between 12:00 and 12:30 every day | 每天12点到12点半, |
[10:06] | like clockwork. | 像钟表一样准时。 |
[10:07] | He’ll be out. | 他就要出来了。 |
[10:09] | If this goes before Judge Cooke– | 如果这事归Cooke法官管。。。 |
[10:11] | It’s not gonna go before Judge Cooke. | 不会轮到Cooke法官的。 |
[10:15] | His expert witness doctor said | 他的专家证人说过 |
[10:17] | stress and anger would make the other man emerge. | 压力和愤怒会让“另一个人”出现。 |
[10:21] | Maybe he’ll wig out and give us something | 也许他会一时发狂,让我们得到些可以利用的东西。 |
[10:22] | we can use. | 也许他会一时发狂,让我们得到些可以利用的东西。 |
[10:24] | Are you telling me we should rough him up? | 你是说我们应该对他进行粗暴些吗? |
[10:25] | GAMBLE: Oh, God, no. | 噢,天呀,不是这意思。 |
[10:27] | This has got to go clean. | 这件事要干得合规。 |
[10:28] | We’re on shaky ground as it is. | 实际上我们现在的处境并不好。 |
[10:31] | I’ll try to bait him a little | 我会试着给他下钩,看看有什么收获。 |
[10:32] | and see what I can get. | 我会试着给他下钩,看看有什么收获。 |
[10:38] | Okay. Move in. | 好了,行动, |
[10:42] | MAN: Police! | 警察! |
[10:43] | Lawrence O’Malley, stop! | Lawrence O’Malley,别动! |
[10:46] | MAN: Let me see your hands. | 让我看到你的双手。 |
[10:49] | Mr. O’Malley, | |
[10:50] | you need to come with us please. | 请和我们一起走吧。 |
[10:52] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[10:53] | We want to check your cholesterol. | 我们想检查一下你的胆固醇。 |
[10:55] | You’ve been eating too much red meat. | 你吃的红肉太多了。 |
[10:59] | Remember me, Hannibal? | 汉尼拔,还记得我吗? |
[11:01] | Didn’t we have relations? | 我们不是发生过关系吗? |
[11:03] | Well, we’re gonna have relations now. | 那好吧,我们现在要有关系了。 |
[11:05] | You’re going for a nice little stay | 你要去给精神病人预备的橡皮墙小屋子里享受一会儿了 |
[11:07] | to the rubber room lodge. | 你要去给精神病人预备的橡皮墙小屋子里享受一会儿了 |
[11:10] | I was acquitted. | 我是被判无罪的。 |
[11:11] | Oh, I must be looking for the other man. | 噢,我必须要找到“另一个人”。 |
[11:13] | Why don’t you send him out | 你为什么不把他弄出来, |
[11:15] | so I can talk to him? | 以便我和他谈谈呢? |
[11:18] | Do you think I’m an idiot? | 你以为我是个傻瓜吗? |
[11:20] | I can see from your expression | 从你的表情我可以看出 |
[11:21] | I’ve pissed you off. | 我把你惹恼了。 |
[11:23] | Those other girls pissed you off, | 其他那些女孩也惹你生气了, |
[11:25] | didn’t they, Hannibal? | 没有吗,汉尼拔? |
[11:27] | It’s time for the other man to come out | 是时候让“另一个人”出手了。 |
[11:29] | and take care of business. | 是时候让“另一个人”出手了。 |
[11:38] | I need to call my lawyer. | 我要找我的律师。 |
[11:44] | Take him. | 把他带走。 |
[12:01] | DOLE: Helen’s not handling it? | 不是Helen来办这个案子吗? |
[12:02] | She’s in trial, plus she could be a witness, so– | 她手头有案子,加之她可能要作为证人,所以。。。 |
[12:05] | Who’s doing it? | 那是谁来办? |
[12:06] | State attorney Michael Scannel. | 州检察官Michael Scannel。 |
[12:07] | Helen says he’s good. | Helen说他很不错。 |
[12:08] | Who’s representing O’Malley? | 谁为O’Malley辩护? |
[12:10] | DONNELL: That I don’t know, but whoever it is, | 这我不知道,但不管是谁, |
[12:12] | we got a hearing at 4:00 | 我们四点有个听证会去搞定他。 |
[12:13] | to get him kicked. | 我们四点有个听证会去搞定他。 |
[12:14] | We should be there. | 我们应该去。 |
[12:15] | Fine. | 好吧。 |
[12:19] | DONNELL: Lindsay… | |
[12:22] | I think you need to see somebody. | 我想你需要去找人看看。 |
[12:26] | See somebody? | 找人看看? |
[12:27] | A shrink? | 心理医生吗? |
[12:29] | Yeah. | 对。 |
[12:30] | What, it’s unhealthy for me to be on edge? | 怎么了,我对此紧张和担心是反常的吗? |
[12:32] | Of course not, | 当然不是, |
[12:33] | which is why you need to talk to– | 这就是为什么你需要和。。。 |
[12:35] | I’m talking to you. | 我正在和你谈呢。 |
[12:37] | Lindsay, you are the most | Lindsay,你是我见过的最坚定的一个人。 |
[12:39] | rock-steady person I have ever met. | Lindsay,你是我见过的最坚定的一个人。 |
[12:44] | But right now… | 但现在。。。 |
[12:47] | you really feel on the verge | 你真的感觉到了崩溃的边缘了。 |
[12:48] | of a breakdown. | 你真的感觉到了崩溃的边缘了。 |
[12:51] | And I’m worried. | 我很担心。 |
[12:53] | I’m gonna get some references, | 我要去咨询一下, |
[12:57] | and then maybe we can see somebody. | 然后也许我们能去心理医生看看。 |
[13:04] | Sure. | 好吧。 |
[13:11] | I was at home. | 我那时在家。 |
[13:13] | All night? | 整晚吗? |
[13:14] | JERRY: After 6:00. | 六点以后。 |
[13:15] | Uh, I got to be at work at 5:00 a. m. | 呃,我得在早上5点上班。 |
[13:17] | so I don’t go out on weeknights. | 所以我不在工作日晚上出去。 |
[13:19] | Well, Mr. Cochran, it seems that– | 好吧,Cochran先生,看起来。。。 |
[13:20] | GAMBLE: Sidebar, Your Honor. | 请求上前商议,法官大人。 |
[13:28] | I’m sorry. The inadmissibility of the DNA evidence aside, | 对不起,抛开DNA证据不能呈堂的问题, |
[13:32] | Mr. Berluti knows what the results are, | 但Berluti先生是明知测试结果的, |
[13:33] | which means he knows the witness is lying here. | 这就是说他知道证人正在撒谎。 |
[13:36] | I do not know those results to be accurate. | 我不知道DNA测试结果是不是准确。 |
[13:39] | That’s why we wanted to do our own test, | 所以我们才想自己做测试, |
[13:41] | which we couldn’t since the Commonwealth | 我们没做成,是因为检方弄丢了性侵物证收集包。 |
[13:42] | lost the rape kit. | 我们没做成,是因为检方弄丢了性侵物证收集包。 |
[13:43] | Oh, come on. | 噢,拉倒吧。 |
[13:45] | Our client claims he was home alone. | 我们的当事人称他独自在家。 |
[13:47] | I do not know that claim to be false. | 我不知道他那么说是不是假的。 |
[13:49] | And I’m entitled to put him up here | 但我有权让他出庭作证陈述他的说法。 |
[13:50] | to tell his story. | 但我有权让他出庭作证陈述他的说法。 |
[13:52] | WHITE: Mr. Berluti, | Berluti先生 |
[13:53] | are you representing to this court | 你是在对法庭表达 |
[13:54] | that you think the DNA test results | 你认为DNA测试结果是不准确的吗? |
[13:56] | are inaccurate? | 你认为DNA测试结果是不准确的吗? |
[13:57] | I’m representing I don’t know. | 我在表达的是我不知道。 |
[14:00] | You’re full of crap, | 你是信口雌黄, |
[14:03] | but technically I can’t stop you. | 但严格意义上,我不能阻止你。 |
[14:06] | Step back. | 退下吧。 |
[14:13] | Mr. Cochran, | |
[14:14] | you sat here this morning | 你今天早上坐在这里听到Fairbanks女士说 |
[14:16] | and heard Ms. Fairbanks | 你今天早上坐在这里听到Fairbanks女士说 |
[14:17] | identify you as the person who raped her. | 认出你就是强奸她的那个人。 |
[14:20] | Well, she got it wrong. | 这个嘛,她弄错了。 |
[14:23] | Look, I’m no saint | 听着,我算不上圣徒, |
[14:25] | but I don’t rape people. | 但我不会强奸别人。 |
[14:27] | You got it wrong. GAMBLE: Objection! | – 你弄错了。 – 反对! |
[14:29] | WHITE: Don’t address the victim, sir. | 别跟受害者说话,先生。 |
[14:32] | I didn’t do it. | 我没有干。 |
[14:34] | As God as my witness, | 上帝作证, |
[14:36] | I’m innocent of this. | 这事我是无辜的。 |
[14:38] | GAMBLE: You held up a convenience store | 六年前你持枪抢劫了一家便利店。 |
[14:40] | with a gun six years ago. | 六年前你持枪抢劫了一家便利店。 |
[14:42] | Was God your witness that night? | 那天晚上,上帝可以帮你作证吗? |
[14:44] | I already said I ain’t no saint, | 我说过了我不是圣徒, |
[14:46] | but I don’t rape. | 但我没有强奸别人。 |
[14:47] | But you are a convicted armed robber. | 但你是一个持械抢劫犯。 |
[14:50] | Yeah. | 对。 |
[14:51] | GAMBLE: Mr. Cochran, | Cochran先生, |
[14:53] | have you ever been convicted | 你可曾因侵犯一名妇女而被定罪吗? |
[14:54] | of assaulting a woman? | 你可曾因侵犯一名妇女而被定罪吗? |
[14:56] | That was a domestic dispute. | 那是一次家庭纠纷。 |
[14:57] | The answer to my question is yes. | 那对我的问题的回答是肯定的吧。 |
[15:00] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[15:01] | GAMBLE: And, Mr. Cochran, do you go to a bar | Cochran先生,你去那个叫做Jasper’s的酒吧吗? |
[15:03] | known as Jasper’s? | Cochran先生,你去那个叫做Jasper’s的酒吧吗? |
[15:04] | Sometime. GAMBLE: Sometimes? | – 有时候去。 – 有时候? |
[15:06] | Well, if I have witnesses that would say | 那么,如果我有证人说你每周去两到三次的话, |
[15:08] | you frequent it two to three times a week, | 那么,如果我有证人说你每周去两到三次的话, |
[15:11] | would they be lying? | 他们是在撒谎吗? |
[15:12] | I go there sometime for a beer. | 我有时去那里喝啤酒。 |
[15:14] | Weeknights? | 工作日晚上? |
[15:15] | JERRY: Yeah, but I go home early. | 是的,但我回家比较早。 |
[15:16] | So your testimony that you don’t go out weeknights, | 所以你的证词称你不在工作日晚上出去, |
[15:20] | that wasn’t accurate, was it? | 那是不准确的,是吗? |
[15:22] | I should have said, “I don’t stay out late | 我本应说:“我不想在工作日晚上在外面呆得太晚” |
[15:24] | on weeknights.” | 我本应说:“我不想在工作日晚上在外面呆得太晚” |
[15:25] | GAMBLE: I see. And this particular weeknight, | 我懂了,但在本案发生的那个工作日晚上, |
[15:27] | you didn’t go out to Jasper’s at all, | 你根本没有出门去asper’s酒吧, |
[15:29] | did you? | 对吗? |
[15:30] | No, I was at home. | 对,我在家呆着。 |
[15:31] | Straight home where you were seen by whom? | 谁看见你直接回家了? |
[15:33] | JERRY: Nobody. I was home alone, | 没有人看见,就像我说的,我是独自在家的。 |
[15:35] | like I said. | 没有人看见,就像我说的,我是独自在家的。 |
[15:36] | GAMBLE: So the only person who saw you that night | 那么说当晚唯一看到你的人就是Callie Fairbanks。 |
[15:38] | was Callie Fairbanks. | 那么说当晚唯一看到你的人就是Callie Fairbanks。 |
[15:39] | No, she got it wrong. | 不对,她弄错了。 |
[15:41] | GAMBLE: Oh, she got it wrong? | 噢,她弄错了? |
[15:42] | Objection! | 反对! |
[15:43] | Yes, she did. | 是的,她弄错了。 |
[15:44] | WHITE: Overruled. | 反对无效。 |
[15:45] | You raped her, almost killed her. | 你强奸了她,差点儿杀了她。 |
[15:47] | Objection! Sustained. | – 反对! – 反对有效。 |
[15:48] | Now, you’re lying about it. | 现在,你正对此撒谎。 |
[15:50] | I’m not lying. | 我没撒谎。 |
[15:51] | GAMBLE: I see. | 我懂了。 |
[15:52] | You beat up women. | 你殴打妇女。 |
[15:53] | You’re an armed robber, | 你持械抢劫, |
[15:55] | but you’re not a rapist. | 但你不是个强奸犯。 |
[15:56] | You go out several nights a week to Jasper’s, | 你一周去Jasper’s酒吧好几次, |
[15:58] | but the night Callie Fairbanks was raped, | 但Callie Fairbanks被强奸的当晚, |
[16:00] | you just happened to be home alone. | 你却刚好独自在家呆着。 |
[16:02] | That’s your testimony. | 这就是你的证词。 |
[16:04] | Yes! | 没错! |
[16:06] | I don’t rape. | 我没有强奸。 |
[16:16] | You didn’t protect me. YOUNG: Jerry– – Jerry。。。 | – 你没有保护我。 |
[16:18] | JERRY: You let her go off on me. | 你让她对我肆意责难。 |
[16:19] | Calm down. JERRY: You’re pulling punches in there, Eugene. | – 冷静点。 – 你在庭上对她手下留情了,Eugene。 |
[16:20] | I didn’t pull no punches | 我是手下留情了, |
[16:21] | in there, and I’m not pulling them with you. | 而且我也没有拦着他们。 |
[16:23] | We got to plea this out. What? | – 我们得接受认罪协议。 – 什么? |
[16:25] | BERLUTI: Jerry, if we lose here, | Jerry,如果我们输了, |
[16:27] | your third strike, you’re gone for good. | 你就是惯犯罪,你就要被关一辈子。 |
[16:29] | It’s too risky not to think about pleading. | 你不考虑认罪交易太冒风险了。 |
[16:37] | Okay. | 好吧。 |
[16:40] | Okay. | 好吧。 |
[16:42] | I got a twin brother. | 我有一个双胞胎兄弟。 |
[16:44] | He gonna pay you a visit. | 他会来找你们的。 |
[16:45] | Why? JERRY: Because he is. | – 为什么? – 因为他是我双胞胎兄弟。 |
[16:48] | You just listen to what he got to say. | 你只要听听他要说的就行。 |
[16:54] | McCONNACLE: Your Honor, this is an outrage. | 法官大人,这是一起暴行。 |
[16:56] | Lawrence O’Malley was acquitted. | Lawrence O’Malley已被判无罪。 |
[16:58] | The state doesn’t like that result | 州政府不满意这个结果, |
[17:00] | so they’re seeking to lock him up civilly. | 所以他们寻机以民事拘押为名把他关起来。 |
[17:02] | It’s a blatant end around double jeopardy, | 这是明目张胆地绕开一罪不二审的原则, |
[17:04] | not to mention the constitution, | 更不用说绕开宪法了, |
[17:06] | and it offends every notion of justice. | 这违背了有关正义的所有理念。 |
[17:09] | SCANNEL: This isn’t about locking him up for a crime. | 这并不是因为犯罪而对其进行拘押。 |
[17:11] | McCONNACLE: Yes, it is. | 这是的。 |
[17:12] | And don’t offend my intelligence | 不要侮辱我的智商 |
[17:14] | or the integrity of this court by pretending– | 或触犯这个法庭的正直,假装。。。 |
[17:16] | If Ms. McConnacle could climb down | 如果McConnacle女士能暂时把她的即兴演讲停一下的话。。。 |
[17:18] | from her soapbox for a second– | 如果McConnacle女士能暂时把她的即兴演讲停一下的话。。。 |
[17:19] | McCONNACLE: I have every right to be on a soapbox. | 我有权发表即兴演讲。 |
[17:22] | This is a despicable abuse of police power. | 这是警察权力可耻的滥用。 |
[17:25] | SPINDLE: I’m inclined to agree, Mr. Scannel. | Scannel先生,我倾向于同意 |
[17:27] | You lose at the criminal proceeding, | 你们输掉了刑事诉讼, |
[17:30] | so you simply try to incarcerate him civilly. | 所以你们就想以民事拘押方式把他关起来。 |
[17:34] | That doesn’t violate double jeopardy? | 这不违反一罪不二审原则吗? |
[17:36] | SCANNEL: He was acquitted of murder. | 他的谋杀罪被判罪名不成立。 |
[17:38] | He nevertheless | 尽管如此 |
[17:39] | professes to be Hannibal Lecter. | 他公开宣称他是汉尼拔。 |
[17:41] | He eats people. | 他吃了人。 |
[17:42] | How can this court, | 这个法庭, |
[17:44] | or any government institution | 或者旨在保护公众的任何政府机构, |
[17:45] | that purports to safeguard the public, | 或者旨在保护公众的任何政府机构, |
[17:47] | allow him to just– | 怎么能允许他就这样。。。 |
[17:48] | Has he threatened anybody? | 他威胁谁了吗? |
[17:50] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[17:51] | His own former lawyers | 他自己以前的律师害怕他。 |
[17:53] | are afraid of him. | 他自己以前的律师害怕他。 |
[17:54] | They’re here to give testimony. | 他们来此作证。 |
[17:55] | McCONNACLE: Let them get restraining orders if they feel– | 如果他们害怕就申请禁制令好了。。。 |
[17:58] | SCANNEL: It’s not that simple. | 没那么简单。 |
[17:58] | Your client is sick. | 你的当事人是病态的。 |
[18:00] | McCONNACLE: So let’s help get him treatment then. | 那么就让我们帮他治病吧。 |
[18:02] | You’re seeking to throw him into an asylum and lock him up. | 可你们是在要把他扔进收容所关起来。 |
[18:05] | All right. | 好吧。 |
[18:06] | Look, it smells pretty bad, | 听着,这件事真的很让人恶心, |
[18:08] | Mr. Scannel. | Scannel先生 |
[18:10] | The government didn’t even try this | 政府甚至都没有这么对待O·J·辛普森。 |
[18:11] | with O. J. | 政府甚至都没有这么对待O·J·辛普森。 |
[18:12] | I’d like you to hear from Lindsay Dole, Your Honor, | 法官大人,我想请你听取Lindsay Dole, |
[18:15] | and perhaps from some of Mr. O’Malley’s | 也许还有O’Malley先生自己的医生的说法。 |
[18:17] | own doctors. | 也许还有O’Malley先生自己的医生的说法。 |
[18:18] | Those doctors were hired by the lawyers | 那些医生是律师雇来为了证明精神失常的辩护理由的。 |
[18:20] | for the purpose of building | 那些医生是律师雇来为了证明精神失常的辩护理由的。 |
[18:21] | an insanity defense. | 那些医生是律师雇来为了证明精神失常的辩护理由的。 |
[18:22] | SPINDLE: Okay, Ms. McConnacle. | 好了,McConnacle女士。 |
[18:24] | The court notes your outrage. | 法庭注意到你的愤慨了。 |
[18:28] | Mr. Scannel, | Scannel先生, |
[18:29] | I am not leaning your way, | 我不是倾向于你的观点, |
[18:32] | but I’ll let you call your witnesses. | 但我会允许你传唤你的证人。 |
[18:34] | 9:00 tomorrow. | 明天九点。 |
[18:36] | Until then Mr. O’Malley stays in custody. | 在那之前,O’Malley先生继续收押。 |
[18:38] | We are adjourned. | 休庭。 |
[18:42] | Clarice. | |
[18:44] | Lawrence. | |
[18:44] | What are you doing, Clarice? | Clarice,你在干什么? |
[18:45] | Come on, Lawrence. Don’t talk to her. | 走吧,Lawrence,别跟她说话。 |
[18:48] | All right, sir. | 走吧,先生。 |
[19:12] | You were with your brother? | 你和你的哥哥在一起? |
[19:13] | DR. COCHRAN: Not for the entire evening, | 不是整晚都在一起, |
[19:15] | but I was at his apartment | 但我是从八点半到十点间在他的公寓。 |
[19:16] | from about 8:30 to 10:00. | 但我是从八点半到十点间在他的公寓。 |
[19:18] | That’s kind of convenient. | 这说的有点太轻巧了吧。 |
[19:20] | YOUNG: If it is true, | 如果这是真的, |
[19:22] | why have you waited until now | 为什么你等到现在才说, |
[19:23] | to come forward | 为什么你等到现在才说, |
[19:24] | or why didn’t your brother tell us this? | 或者为什么你哥哥不告诉我们这些呢? |
[19:26] | I’m an oncologist, Mr. Young. | 我是个肿瘤专家,Young先生。 |
[19:29] | I have a fairly distinguished career. | 我的事业做得相当杰出。 |
[19:31] | I have a family. | 我有家庭。 |
[19:32] | If I were to testify in this trial, | 如果我出庭作证, |
[19:36] | I’m afraid the public association would… | 我怕公众会联想到。。。 |
[19:40] | my brother was respecting my wishes, | 我的哥哥尊重我的想法, |
[19:42] | but he now tells me that he could lose. | 但他现在告诉我他不能输掉这个案子。 |
[19:45] | And in good conscience, | 本着良心, |
[19:46] | I can no longer stay silent. | 我再也不能保持沉默了。 |
[19:48] | You close to your brother? | 你和你的哥哥关系好吗? |
[19:50] | Yes, I am. | 是的,我们很亲近。 |
[19:52] | And you’re asking us to believe | 但你要我们相信 |
[19:53] | you sat quiet on an alibi | 你因为怕和你哥哥有关联而影响你的事业, |
[19:55] | because being associated | 你因为怕和你哥哥有关联而影响你的事业, |
[19:57] | with your brother | 就对不在现场证明缄口不言? |
[19:58] | would hurt your career? | 就对不在现场证明缄口不言? |
[20:00] | That’s correct. | 没错。 |
[20:01] | YOUNG: And that your brother was willing | 而且你的哥哥也愿意让你缄口不言, |
[20:02] | to let you stay quiet | 而且你的哥哥也愿意让你缄口不言, |
[20:04] | and face life in prison | 宁愿面临终身监禁也不想玷污你的事业? |
[20:06] | rather than blemish your career? | 宁愿面临终身监禁也不想玷污你的事业? |
[20:10] | Wow. | 哇呜。 |
[20:11] | I was at his apartment | 我在八点半到十点间,是在他的公寓。 |
[20:13] | between 8:30 and 10:00. | 我在八点半到十点间,是在他的公寓。 |
[20:14] | We can’t put somebody up there | 我们不能让做伪证的人出庭作证,Cochran医生。 |
[20:16] | to commit perjury, Dr. Cochran. | 我们不能让做伪证的人出庭作证,Cochran医生。 |
[20:18] | I won’t be committing perjury, | 我不会做伪证的。 |
[20:19] | Mr. Berluti. | Berluti先生。 |
[20:20] | I was with my brother from 8:30 to 10:00. | 我在八点半到十点间和我的哥哥在一起。 |
[20:22] | YOUNG: Your brother’s semen was found in the victim. | 在受害人身上发现了你哥哥的精液。 |
[20:25] | The DNA proves it. | DNA测试证明了这一点。 |
[20:26] | I’m told the DNA is inadmissible | 我听说DNA测证据不能呈堂,或者说是不准确的。 |
[20:28] | and possibly inaccurate. | 我听说DNA测证据不能呈堂,或者说是不准确的。 |
[20:29] | We’re not going to call you. | 我们不能让你出庭作证。 |
[20:31] | Why? | 为什么? |
[20:31] | YOUNG: Why? | 为什么? |
[20:33] | Because if it looks like you’re lying, | 因为如果你看起来像是在撒谎, |
[20:34] | which it will, | 事实上也会是那样的, |
[20:35] | that’ll hurt him. | 就会害了你哥哥。 |
[20:37] | Well, I’m not a lawyer, Mr. Young, | 那好,我虽然不是律师,Young先生, |
[20:40] | but it seems to me if a witness comes forth | 但似乎如果出现一个具有确凿证据的证人, |
[20:42] | with exculpatory evidence, | 但似乎如果出现一个具有确凿证据的证人, |
[20:44] | evidence which you cannot | 你又不能认定那是虚假证据, |
[20:45] | establish as being false, | 你又不能认定那是虚假证据, |
[20:47] | and if the client directs you | 而且如果当事人指示你传唤这名证人, |
[20:49] | to call that witness, | 而且如果当事人指示你传唤这名证人, |
[20:51] | it would be grounds for malpractice | 那么你们不这么做就构成了失职。 |
[20:53] | for you not to do so. | 那么你们不这么做就构成了失职。 |
[20:57] | Now, would you like to prep my testimony | 现在,你们愿意帮我准备证词呢, |
[20:59] | or shall I just meet you at the courthouse? | 还是我应该去法庭找你们呢? |
[21:18] | DOLE: He would talk about the book of Genesis | 他会谈论《创世纪》这本书。 |
[21:20] | and how by eating the women, | 还有他怎么通过吃掉女人, |
[21:24] | he would become one with them, | 会成为她们的宿主, |
[21:25] | and he could take them to heaven. | 然后他就能带着她们去天堂。 |
[21:27] | SCANNEL: Mr. O’Malley said that? | O’Malley先生说过这些吗? |
[21:29] | DOLE: Yes. | 说过。 |
[21:30] | And he’d say how he’d make sure | 他还说他是如何确信我会上天堂的。 |
[21:32] | that I’d go to heaven. | 他还说他是如何确信我会上天堂的。 |
[21:34] | And you interpreted that to mean? | 你领会到这是什么意思? |
[21:36] | I was going to die. | 我就要死了。 |
[21:38] | And I didn’t have to interpret, | 而且我不必去领会, |
[21:40] | he said so. | 他就是这么说的。 |
[21:41] | He said the other man was going to get me. | 他说过“另一个人”就要来抓到我。 |
[21:44] | SCANNEL: In the course of your representation | 在你做O’Malley先生代理律师期间, |
[21:46] | of Mr. O’Malley, | 在你做O’Malley先生代理律师期间, |
[21:47] | did you form a lay opinion | 你对他的精神状态,形成了非专业看法吗? |
[21:48] | as to his mental health? | 你对他的精神状态,形成了非专业看法吗? |
[21:50] | He’s sick and he’s dangerous. | 他是病态的,而且他很危险。 |
[21:51] | He murdered– | 他谋杀了。。。 |
[21:52] | McCONNACLE: Objection. | 反对 |
[21:53] | Mr. O’Malley was cleared | O’Malley先生在所有谋杀指控上都被证明是清白的。 |
[21:55] | of all charges of murder. | O’Malley先生在所有谋杀指控上都被证明是清白的。 |
[21:57] | DOLE: He’s a cannibal. | 他是个食人族。 |
[21:58] | He thinks he’s Hannibal Lecter, | 他认为自己是汉尼拔 |
[21:59] | for God’s sake. | 看在上帝的份上。 |
[22:00] | He goes after women, | 他追寻女人, |
[22:01] | and he has made it clear that he is coming after me. | 他已经表示的很清楚了,他要冲着我来了。 |
[22:05] | He should be locked up. | 他应该被关起来。 |
[22:06] | Ms. Dole, | Dole女士, |
[22:09] | clearly, | 显然, |
[22:11] | you recognize how unusual this is | 你是知道作为一个律师作证指证前当事人, |
[22:13] | for a lawyer to be giving testimony | 你是知道作为一个律师作证指证前当事人, |
[22:15] | against a former client. | 是多么不同寻常的。 |
[22:17] | Yes. | 我知道。 |
[22:21] | Uh, and I’ve never done so before. | 呃,我从没有这样做过 |
[22:24] | But I consider this man | 但是我考虑到这个人 |
[22:26] | to pose an extreme risk to the public | 会给公众带来极大的风险, |
[22:29] | and I suppose, particularly to me, | 我想尤其是对于我来说更是如此, |
[22:33] | because he consumes women he has a relationship with. | 因为他吃的女人是和他有过关系的。 |
[22:37] | He seems to believe he has one | 他似乎认为我也和他有过关系。 |
[22:39] | with me. | 他似乎认为我也和他有过关系。 |
[22:41] | Thank you, Ms. Dole. | 谢谢你,Dole女士。 |
[22:49] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这样做? |
[22:50] | SPINDLE: Mr. O’Malley, please take your seat. | O’Malley先生,请你坐下。 |
[22:53] | Your Honor, I prefer to ask the questions myself. | 法官大人,我更想由我来询问。 |
[22:56] | I don’t recommend that, | 我建议你不要这样做, |
[22:58] | and since you have a lawyer here… | 而且因为你有一个律师。。。 |
[23:01] | O’MALLEY: My lawyer doesn’t know the witness, | 我的律师并不了解这个证人, |
[23:03] | I do. | 而我了解。 |
[23:04] | And I believe it’s the right of the accused | 我认为与原告对质是被告的权力。 |
[23:07] | to confront my accuser. | 我认为与原告对质是被告的权力。 |
[23:08] | SPINDLE: That’s for criminal proceedings. | 那是指刑事诉讼。 |
[23:10] | This is a civil matter. | 而这是民事诉讼。 |
[23:12] | Again, I will ask you to please sit. | 我再一次要求你坐下。 |
[23:27] | During the course of your representation, | 在你的作为被告代理律师的过程中, |
[23:30] | at any time did you seek police protection? | 你有没有寻求过警察的保护? |
[23:33] | I didn’t have to then. | 那时候我没有必要。 |
[23:34] | He was in custody, wearing a muzzle. | 他被拘押着,戴着面罩。 |
[23:36] | Now, he’s not. | 而现在不是。 |
[23:37] | Well, upon the reading of the verdict, | 那好,当宣读判决时, |
[23:39] | he was released from custody in your presence. | 他在你面前被释放。 |
[23:42] | Did you protest? | 你公开反对了吗? |
[23:43] | I should have. | 我本该那样的做。 |
[23:45] | McCONNACLE: But you didn’t. | 但你没有。 |
[23:46] | He walked out of the courtroom while you watched silently, | 你默默地看着他走出法庭, |
[23:49] | isn’t that right? | 不对吗? |
[23:50] | DOLE: I think I was a little stunned | 我想我是有点被无罪的判决弄蒙了。 |
[23:51] | by the not guilty verdict. | 我想我是有点被无罪的判决弄蒙了。 |
[23:53] | Did anything happen since he was released | 那他被释放之后,发生了什么让你感到恐惧的事情吗? |
[23:56] | to make you scared? | 那他被释放之后,发生了什么让你感到恐惧的事情吗? |
[23:57] | I got a phone call. | 我接到了一个电话。 |
[23:58] | McCONNACLE: From Mr. O’Malley? | O’Malley先生的? |
[23:59] | I believe it was him, yes. | 对,我相信是他打来的。 |
[24:01] | Well, did he identify himself? | 那么,他自报姓名了吗? |
[24:04] | No. | 没有。 |
[24:06] | There was silence and then a hang-up. | 没人说话,然后挂掉了。 |
[24:08] | McCONNACLE: Well, why do you believe it was my client? | 那好,为什么你相信那是我的当事人打的呢? |
[24:11] | I just do. | 我就是知道是他。 |
[24:12] | McCONNACLE: You just do. | 你就是知道。 |
[24:13] | Anything else happened since the verdict? | 从判决之后还发生了别的事吗? |
[24:15] | No. McCONNACLE: No. | – 没有了。 – 没有了? |
[24:17] | So we are here because you got an anonymous call | 那么我们在这儿,就是因为你接到个匿名电话, |
[24:21] | you think came from Mr. O’Malley? | 你认为那是O’Malley先生打的? |
[24:24] | Did you go to the police after you got this phone call? | 你接到那个电话之后,你报警了吗? |
[24:26] | I went to Helen Gamble. | 我去找了Helen Gamble。 |
[24:28] | Helen Gamble. | |
[24:29] | And she took care of getting my client picked up, | 然后她就安排把我的当事人抓起来了, |
[24:32] | is that correct? Yes. | – 对吗? – 对。 |
[24:34] | McCONNACLE: She’s a close friend. | 她是个很亲近的朋友。 |
[24:36] | You and Ms. Gamble even used to be roommates, | 你和Gamble女士甚至做过室友。 |
[24:38] | didn’t you? | 不是吗? |
[24:38] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[24:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你。 |
[24:54] | YOUNG: It’s a little difficult to believe, sir, | 先生,这有点难以相信, |
[24:56] | that you’d wait till now to come forward. | 你到现在才站出来作证。 |
[24:59] | I realize that. | 我明白这一点。 |
[25:00] | All I can say is I had my reasons. | 我只能说我有自己的理由。 |
[25:03] | The important thing is I’m here now. | 重要的是我现在来作证了。 |
[25:05] | YOUNG: So you went to your brother’s home | 那么,你是大概八点半去你哥哥家的吗? |
[25:06] | around 8:30? | 那么,你是大概八点半去你哥哥家的吗? |
[25:08] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[25:09] | We talked for a while, | 我们聊了一会儿, |
[25:10] | maybe an hour or so, | 也许差不多一个小时吧, |
[25:12] | and then I left. | 然后我就走了。 |
[25:13] | YOUNG: After an hour or so? | 大约一小时后? |
[25:15] | DR. COCHRAN: Yes. | 对。 |
[25:15] | It was on my way home that I first saw her. | 我是在回家的路上第一次看到她的。 |
[25:20] | Saw who? | 看到谁? |
[25:21] | Her. | 她。 |
[25:24] | She was going into her apartment building. | 她正走进她的公寓楼。 |
[25:26] | YOUNG: Wait a second. | 等等。 |
[25:28] | You also saw Ms. Fairbanks that night? | 那天晚上你也看到Fairbanks女士了? |
[25:30] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[25:32] | YOUNG: You didn’t tell me this. | 你没有跟我说过这些。 |
[25:33] | Well, it’s a little difficult to just come out | 嗯,说出这样的事来不太容易。 |
[25:36] | with something like that. | 嗯,说出这样的事来不太容易。 |
[25:38] | I’m still not sure I can. | 我到现在还是说不好我能不能。 |
[25:41] | Come out with what? | 说出什么? |
[25:45] | That it was me. | 是我。 |
[25:47] | That I was the one who raped her. | 是我强奸了他。 |
[25:49] | Your Honor. | 法官大人。 |
[25:51] | WHITE: We’re gonna take a short recess. | 我们休庭一会儿。 |
[25:53] | Counsel, chambers. | 律师,到内庭来。 |
[26:09] | What? You think I knew that was coming? | 咋了?你们觉得我事先知道? |
[26:11] | What exactly did he tell you he planned to say? | 他到底跟你说了他打算说什么了吗? |
[26:13] | Just that he was with his brother. | 他只说他跟他哥哥在一起。 |
[26:15] | Obviously, he didn’t tell me what he really planned to say | 他当然没有跟我说他打算在庭上说什么, |
[26:17] | because he feared I wouldn’t put him up there | 因为他怕我知道的话,不会让他出庭作证。 |
[26:19] | if I knew. | 因为他怕我知道的话,不会让他出庭作证。 |
[26:20] | GAMBLE: You have to call a mistrial. | 你必须宣布无效审判。 |
[26:22] | Double jeopardy. He’ll… GAMBLE: Not when | – 那就是一罪不二审,他将。。。 – 如果是因辩方行为不当导致的就不是了。 |
[26:24] | it’s defense misconduct. | – 那就是一罪不二审,他将。。。 – 如果是因辩方行为不当导致的就不是了。 |
[26:25] | We didn’t know. | 我们真不知道。 |
[26:26] | Mr. Young, if I find out you orchestrated this… | Young先生,如果我发现是你策划的这个。。。 |
[26:29] | Come on. | 别扯了。 |
[26:30] | It doesn’t even help us. | 这样做根本也帮不到我们。 |
[26:31] | Talk about him having no credibility before. | 我们之前讨论过他是不可靠的。 |
[26:35] | Ms. Gamble, you can either cross him now | Gamble女士,你要么现在就对他交叉盘问。 |
[26:37] | or I’ll continue the case and let you investigate. | 要么我推迟庭审让你有时间去进行调查。 |
[26:40] | Your call. | 你来决定吧。 |
[26:43] | I’d like to be able to argue | 我要求在交叉盘问中能指出 |
[26:45] | that the defendant was facing the 3-strike law. | 被告正面临着惯犯罪的量刑条例。 |
[26:48] | What? GAMBLE: Goes to bias. | – 什么? – 为了引证出其意愿动机。 |
[26:49] | It explains why his brother would lie for him | 这可以解释为什么他弟弟会为他撒谎, |
[26:52] | since he’s facing life imprisonment. | 因为他面临终身监禁。 |
[26:54] | I can’t let you argue that, Ms. Gamble, | 我不能允许你提出这些来,Gamble女士, |
[26:56] | and you know it. | 这一点你是清楚的。 |
[27:01] | GAMBLE: So you just drove by, saw the victim, and raped her? | 那么你就是开车路过,看到了受害人,然后强奸了她? |
[27:05] | DR. COCHRAN: Yes. | 是的。 |
[27:06] | Ever rape anyone else? | 可曾强奸过别的人吗? |
[27:07] | No. | 没有。 |
[27:08] | Ever commit a crime before? | 以前犯过罪吗? |
[27:09] | No. | 没有。 |
[27:10] | You’re an oncologist, Dr. Cochran? | 你是个肿瘤专家,Cochran先生? |
[27:13] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[27:14] | GAMBLE: How much money | 你一年可以挣多少钱? |
[27:14] | do you make annually? | 你一年可以挣多少钱? |
[27:15] | DR. COCHRAN: A little over $300,000. | 略微超过30万美金。 |
[27:18] | Family? | 有家庭吗? |
[27:19] | It’s because I have a family, | 就是因为我有家庭, |
[27:21] | because I have a career. | 还有一份事业。 |
[27:22] | That’s why you raped her? | 那是你强奸她的原因吗? |
[27:24] | It’s why when my brother was arrested, | 那是当我哥哥被逮捕后为什么保持沉默的原因。 |
[27:26] | he stayed silent. | 那是当我哥哥被逮捕后为什么保持沉默的原因。 |
[27:27] | He was prepared to let himself be prosecuted | 他准备代人受审 |
[27:30] | for something he didn’t do | 他准备代人受审 |
[27:32] | because he didn’t want me to lose all I had. | 因为他不想让我失去我所拥有的一切。 |
[27:34] | Oh, I see. So he was happy | 哦,我明白了, |
[27:36] | to go to prison for a crime | 那么说他会很高兴地去为你去坐牢? |
[27:38] | you committed? | 那么说他会很高兴地去为你去坐牢? |
[27:39] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[27:41] | Well, he must really love you. | 那好,他一定很爱你。 |
[27:43] | He does. | 他是的。 |
[27:45] | He also knows what this will do to our parents. | 他也知道这会对我们的父母有什么影响。 |
[27:48] | I was the one who made it, | 我是那个会产生影响的, |
[27:50] | the one who finally made the family proud. | 我是那个最终让这个家族感到骄傲的人。 |
[27:54] | He decided he’d sacrifice himself. | 他决定他应该牺牲他自己。 |
[27:57] | GAMBLE: So you said to yourself, sounds good. | 所以你对自己说,这样挺不错嘛。 |
[27:59] | I tried to go along with it for the same reasons, | 我因为同样的原因,试图遵从这个做法, |
[28:02] | but ultimately I couldn’t. | 但最终我做不到。 |
[28:05] | That’s why I’m here today, to tell the truth. | 也就是我今天出庭的原因,说出事实真相。 |
[28:07] | GAMBLE: So, Doctor, | 那么,医生, |
[28:08] | you know once your brother is acquitted, | 你知道一旦你哥哥被判无罪, |
[28:11] | double jeopardy applies, | 一罪不二审的原则就适用了, |
[28:12] | and he can never be retried, right? | 他永远不会被重新审判了,对吧? |
[28:15] | I’m not a lawyer. | 我又不是律师。 |
[28:16] | GAMBLE: You’re not a lawyer. | 你不是律师。 |
[28:17] | Is it your testimony that you don’t know | 你的证言是说, |
[28:21] | once your brother is acquitted, | 你不知道一旦你哥哥被判无罪, |
[28:23] | he can never be retried? | 他永远不会被重新审判了? |
[28:25] | I know what double jeopardy is. | 我知道什么是一罪不二审。 |
[28:27] | GAMBLE: So if he’s acquitted and you get arrested, | 那么,如果他被判无罪,而你被逮捕了, |
[28:31] | he can testify at your trial | 他可以在对你的审判中作证说是他干的。 |
[28:34] | that he did it. | 他可以在对你的审判中作证说是他干的。 |
[28:35] | Objection! | 反对! |
[28:36] | Overruled. | 反对被驳回。 |
[28:37] | My brother is innocent. | 我的哥哥是无辜的。 |
[28:41] | I’m the one who did it. | 是我干的。 |
[28:49] | YOUNG: I don’t like being played for a fool, Doctor. | 医生,我不喜欢被人愚弄。 |
[28:51] | If I told you what I plan to say, | 如果我告诉你我打算说什么的话, |
[28:53] | would you have called me to testify? | 你会让我出庭作证吗? |
[28:54] | If it’s the truth, yes. | 如果那是事实的话,会的。 |
[28:57] | You don’t know what the truth is, okay? | 你并不知道事实是什么,对吧? |
[28:58] | Well, the jury’s gonna know what the truth is | 但陪审团会知道真相的 |
[29:00] | and I’m telling you better… | 我告诉你最好。。。 |
[29:01] | You just explain it, Counsel. | 律师,你只要这么解释就行, |
[29:03] | Me and my brother love each other. | 我和我弟弟情同手足。 |
[29:05] | I was willing to get arrested for rape | 我宁愿因强奸罪被捕, |
[29:07] | rather than let his career get wrecked. | 也不愿让他的事业毁掉。 |
[29:09] | And when it looked like I might get convicted, | 但当我看起来可能被判有罪时, |
[29:11] | he came forward to say what happened. | 他站出来说出事实。 |
[29:13] | That was our plan. | 这就是我们的计划。 |
[29:14] | And you just sell that, Counsel, | 你只要那这个说服陪审团即可,律师。 |
[29:16] | because for all you know, it could be the truth. | 因为据你所知,这可能是事实。 |
[29:18] | I know it isn’t the truth. That’s why I try to… | 我知道这不是事实。那就是为什么我要。。。 |
[29:19] | JERRY: You just sell it. | 就这么去说吧。 |
[29:54] | What’s going on? | 怎么,回事? |
[29:57] | First the DNA and now the twin? | 先是DNA的问题,现在冒出来个双胞胎? |
[30:02] | Is he going to get off? | 他会脱罪了吗? |
[30:06] | I hope not. | 我希望不会。 |
[30:10] | I’m so sorry. | 很对不起。 |
[30:42] | This man is in need of serious | 这个人需要得到认真的对待 |
[30:44] | and immediate help. | 并立刻提供给他帮助。 |
[30:46] | Stand up, Mr. O’Malley. | 请起立,O’Malley先生。 |
[30:54] | You eat people? | 你吃了人是吗? |
[30:55] | Only dead ones, Your Honor. | 只吃了死人,法官大人。 |
[30:57] | I would never harm a living soul, | 我绝对不会伤害一个生灵, |
[31:01] | never. | 绝对不会。 |
[31:03] | SPINDLE: Can you appreciate how sick it is for you | 你能意识到你吃人肉是多么的病态吗? |
[31:06] | to consume human flesh? | 你能意识到你吃人肉是多么的病态吗? |
[31:09] | No one’s complained from PETA. | 善待动物组织并没有人就此投诉。 |
[31:11] | SPINDLE: You think this is funny, sir? | 先生,你觉得这很有趣吗? |
[31:13] | Your Honor, I was forced to stand trial for three murders | 法官大人,我因不是我做的三起谋杀而被强迫出庭受审。 |
[31:16] | I did not commit. | 法官大人,我因不是我做的三起谋杀而被强迫出庭受审。 |
[31:18] | I lost my job, | 我丢掉了工作, |
[31:19] | and will likely never get it back. | 而且很可能再也找不到工作了。 |
[31:22] | I’ve had to sit in a courtroom | 我不得不坐在法庭上听人们把我成为怪物。 |
[31:23] | listening to people calling me a monster. | 我不得不坐在法庭上听人们把我成为怪物。 |
[31:25] | Allow me to find some gallows humor where I can. | 所以请允许我在无奈中找些黑色幽默。 |
[31:28] | I don’t have to allow you a damn thing, | 我不必允许你做任何事, |
[31:31] | and if this were truly a civil commitment hearing, | 如果这真的是一次民事拘押申请听证会 |
[31:35] | I would throw you in the deepest of holes, | 我会让你永世不得翻身的, |
[31:39] | but this isn’t that, Mr. Scannel. | 但这次不是,Scannel先生。 |
[31:42] | It’s a pretext. | 这是一个借口。 |
[31:44] | The Commonwealth failed at the criminal trial, | 州政府在刑事诉讼中失败了, |
[31:47] | so you’re trying to take another whack. | 所以你们企图再干一次。 |
[31:50] | It violates double jeopardy, | 这违背了一罪不二审的原则, |
[31:52] | it insults the very system we’re sworn to uphold, | 这侮辱了我们发誓要维护的体系, |
[31:56] | and if I were to ever let you get away with it, | 而且如果我让你得逞的话, |
[31:59] | the DAs would be lined up outside my courtroom door. | 检察官们会在我的法庭外排起长队来申请的。 |
[32:04] | The petition is denied. | 申请被驳回。 |
[32:07] | I am enjoining Mr. O’Malley | 我责令O’Malley先生不得靠近Dole女士500码以内。 |
[32:09] | from going within 500 yards of Ms. Dole. | 我责令O’Malley先生不得靠近Dole女士500码以内。 |
[32:12] | Better pay attention to that, sir. | 小心遵守这一条,先生。 |
[32:16] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭。 |
[32:17] | Are you crazy? Lindsay. – Lindsay。 | – 你疯了吗? |
[32:19] | He’s a serial killer, for God’s sake. | 看在上帝的份上,他是一个连环杀手。 |
[32:21] | As a matter of law, he isn’t, Ms. Dole. | Dole女士,从法律角度而言,他不是。 |
[32:24] | He was acquitted. | 他被宣判无罪了。 |
[32:25] | Why didn’t you take more witnesses, call the doctors? | 你为什么不听取多一些的证人,比如传唤医生作证? |
[32:27] | DONNELL: Lindsay. Let go of me. – Lindsay。 | – 放开我。 |
[32:28] | What happens if he kills again? | 如果他再杀人怎么办? |
[32:30] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[32:32] | DOLE: What’s wrong with you? | 你有毛病吗? |
[32:33] | You wear the robe to protect the public. | 你穿上法官长袍是为了保护公众。 |
[32:36] | And I wear it | 我穿这长袍 |
[32:37] | to protect the integrity of this room, Ms. Dole. | 是为了保护法庭的正直性,Dole女士。 |
[32:41] | I have made my ruling. | 我已经做出了我的裁决。 |
[32:43] | I would advise you strongly to end it | 我强烈地建议你就此了结吧。 |
[32:46] | right now. | 我强烈地建议你就此了结吧。 |
[32:56] | Lindsay, come on. DOLE: Why didn’t you call | – Lindsay,就算了吧。 – 你为什么不传医生出庭? |
[32:57] | the doctors? | – Lindsay,就算了吧。 – 你为什么不传医生出庭? |
[32:58] | It wouldn’t have mattered. | 那没用的。 |
[32:59] | Of course, it would have mattered. | 当然有用的。 |
[33:00] | They would have testified that he’s insane. | 他们可以作证说他精神失常。 |
[33:02] | SCANNEL: But his lawyers would have asked | 但他的律师会反问 |
[33:03] | why they didn’t initiate commitment proceedings? | 为什么他们不启动民事拘押申请程序? |
[33:05] | DONNELL: We at least got a restraining order | 如果他要耍什么把戏的话,我们至少得到了一个禁制令。 |
[33:07] | if he tries to pull anything. | 如果他要耍什么把戏的话,我们至少得到了一个禁制令。 |
[33:08] | SCANNEL: Yeah. | 是的。 |
[33:15] | Come near me, | 靠近我的话, |
[33:17] | I’ll kill you. | 我就宰了你。 |
[33:23] | DONNELL: Let’s go. | 我们走吧。 |
[33:30] | GAMBLE: We all know what is gonna happen next. | 我们都知道接下来会发生什么。 |
[33:32] | If you acquit, | 如果你们判他无罪, |
[33:35] | double jeopardy will reattach, | 一罪不二审就适用了, |
[33:38] | and the defendant can never be retried. | 被告永远也不会再被重审。 |
[33:41] | What he can do is take the stand | 他能做的就是在对那个医生的审理中出庭作证, |
[33:45] | at the doctor’s rape trial, | 他能做的就是在对那个医生的审理中出庭作证, |
[33:47] | say he did it, | 说是他干的, |
[33:49] | and gift-wrap reasonable doubt for the doctor. | 给那个医生送上一份合理怀疑的大礼包。 |
[33:53] | Why would these brothers resort to something | 为什么这对儿兄弟采用如此绝望的手法? |
[33:55] | so desperate? | 为什么这对儿兄弟采用如此绝望的手法? |
[33:57] | Because the victim saw the man | 因为受害者看到了那个强奸了她的人 |
[34:00] | that raped her. | 因为受害者看到了那个强奸了她的人 |
[34:02] | She positively identified the defendant | 她肯定无疑地认出被告就是那个人。 |
[34:05] | as being that man, | 她肯定无疑地认出被告就是那个人。 |
[34:08] | and the defendant had no alibi. | 被告没有不在现场证明。 |
[34:12] | This grand stunt was all they had, | 他们能拿出来的只有这个大招儿, |
[34:15] | never mind how ridiculous. | 不管这有多么荒诞。 |
[34:17] | The evil twin comes forward under oath to say, | 这对儿邪恶的双胞胎跳出来发誓说, |
[34:20] | “It was me.” | “我干的。” |
[34:23] | That woman was raped, | 那个女人被强奸了, |
[34:25] | almost killed. | 差点被杀了。 |
[34:31] | This is what the defendant did to her. | 那就是被告对她所做的。 |
[34:38] | This isn’t a game of strategy | 这不是靠策略、花招和滑稽动作来玩的一场游戏。 |
[34:41] | and tricks and antics. | 这不是靠策略、花招和滑稽动作来玩的一场游戏。 |
[34:44] | She was raped. | 她被强奸了。 |
[34:46] | I’ve tried many cases, | 我办过很多案子, |
[34:47] | and every time I have asked the jury | 每一次我都要求陪审团要依据证据。 |
[34:50] | to follow the evidence, | 每一次我都要求陪审团要依据证据。 |
[34:51] | which I will do again here. | 我在这里还要再要求一次。 |
[34:54] | But for the very first time, | 但真的是第一次, |
[34:56] | I am going to ask the 12 of you | 我会要求你们这十二个人 |
[34:58] | to follow your hearts. | 遵从自己内心的想法 |
[35:00] | I believe most people are fundamentally moral. | 我相信大多数人从根本上讲是道德的。 |
[35:05] | And I don’t think it’s wrong | 我认为当你们回到合议室时 |
[35:07] | for you to let conscience be one of your guides | 我认为当你们回到合议室时 |
[35:10] | as you go back to that deliberating room. | 让良知来引导你们是正确的。 |
[35:14] | We all know who committed this crime. | 我们都知道是谁犯了罪。 |
[35:18] | We know the brother is lying to save him. | 我们知道那弟弟是为了救他而撒谎。 |
[35:28] | A woman was raped. | 一个女人被强奸了。 |
[35:43] | Let conscience be your guide. | 让良知来引导你。 |
[35:50] | This country has never trusted conscience | 这个国家从来不把良知作为一个引导方向。 |
[35:52] | as a directional, | 这个国家从来不把良知作为一个引导方向。 |
[35:54] | and why should we? | 那我们为什么该这样呢? |
[35:56] | In Washington, even our most noble politicians | 在华盛顿,即使是我们最高尚的政治家们 |
[35:59] | sell their opinions to special interest groups. | 向特殊利益集团推销他们的观点。 |
[36:02] | They have to. | 他们必须这样做。 |
[36:03] | Without money, you can’t get elected. | 没有钱,你就不能当选。 |
[36:06] | Read the papers lately? | 最近看报纸了吗? |
[36:07] | You think the Catholic Church is guided by conscience? | 你认为天主教是由良知引导的吗? |
[36:11] | It’s exactly because we don’t trust society | 正是因为我们不相信社会 是基于良知而运作的, |
[36:13] | to act out of conscience | 正是因为我们不相信社会 是基于良知而运作的, |
[36:15] | that we’ve declared ourselves a nation of laws. | 我们才公开宣称我们自己是一个法治国家。 |
[36:18] | Laws. We must follow the law. | 法律。我们必须要遵从法律。 |
[36:21] | Laws are what we have to prevent anarchy, | 法律是也应该是我们防止社会混乱的手段。 |
[36:24] | and they should be. | 法律是也应该是我们防止社会混乱的手段。 |
[36:25] | Suicide bombers act out of conscience, | 看在上帝的份上,人肉炸弹们也是发自内心的。 |
[36:28] | for God’s sake. | 看在上帝的份上,人肉炸弹们也是发自内心的。 |
[36:29] | In America, we go for the law. | 在美国,我们遵从法律。 |
[36:34] | In the criminal-justice system, | 在刑事司法体系中, |
[36:36] | the law mandates that in order to convict, | 法律规定,为了定罪, |
[36:38] | you must find the accused guilty | 你们必须超越合理怀疑地认定被告有罪。 |
[36:41] | beyond all reasonable doubt. | 你们必须超越合理怀疑地认定被告有罪。 |
[36:43] | You can’t do that here. | 在本案,你们无法做到。 |
[36:45] | The prosecution’s entire case is the victim’s ID, | 检方所有的依据就是受害人的指认, |
[36:49] | an ID which is highly suspect. | 一个非常可疑的指认。 |
[36:51] | She had no idea how tall he was. | 她不知道他的身高。 |
[36:54] | She said the man had no facial hair. | 她说那个人没有胡子。 |
[36:56] | My client had a moustache. | 而我的当事人有胡子。 |
[36:58] | She was admittedly in and out of consciousness | 她承认她在那时一会清醒一会糊涂, |
[37:01] | while forming her observation, | 她承认她在那时一会清醒一会糊涂, |
[37:03] | and she was also in shock. | 而且她也被吓蒙了。 |
[37:06] | Can we trust what she thinks she saw | 我们能超越合理怀疑地相信 |
[37:11] | beyond all reasonable doubt? | 那些她自认为看到了的东西吗? |
[37:17] | Add to that | 加之 |
[37:19] | another man has come forward confessing to the crime. | 另一个人已经站出来供认了罪行。 |
[37:23] | The DA may not believe him. | 检察官也许不相信他。 |
[37:25] | You might not believe him. | 你们也许也不相信他。 |
[37:27] | It could be nothing more than brotherly love, | 兄弟之间情义可能是无价的, |
[37:30] | but that confession stands unrefuted. | 但是那个供认无法驳倒。 |
[37:34] | Unrefuted. | 无法驳倒。 |
[37:36] | Even the victim can’t contradict it, | 甚至连受害人也不能反驳, |
[37:38] | because that man looks just like this man, | 因为那个人长得和这个人一样, |
[37:41] | the one she described. | 长得和她描述得一样。 |
[37:45] | Follow the law. | 遵从法律吧。 |
[37:48] | But even your conscience has to tell you here | 况且,甚至是你的良知也必定告诉你 |
[37:51] | there’s reasonable doubt. | 存在着合理怀疑。 |
[38:04] | DONNELL: Obviously, if the guy should ever show up here, | 不言而喻,如果那家伙出现在这里, |
[38:05] | just call the police. | 只管报警。 |
[38:07] | Okay. | 明白。 |
[38:08] | Where is Lindsay? | Lindsay在哪儿? |
[38:09] | She’s in my office. | 她在我办公室。 |
[38:10] | I’m gonna take her home. | 我打算带她回家。 |
[38:11] | Well, could you make her take a couple of days off? | 你能让她休息几天吗? |
[38:13] | DONNELL: I’m trying, believe me. | 相信我,我会的。 |
[38:15] | I can’t believe this man is on the street. | 我真不敢相信那家伙被放了。 |
[38:18] | (sighs) That was Eugene. | 是Eugene的电话。 |
[38:20] | The jury was out 11 minutes. | 陪审团只商议了十一分钟。 |
[38:23] | And they have a verdict? | 陪审团得出裁决了吗? |
[38:24] | They just got called back in. | 他们刚才得到通知要回到法庭。 |
[38:42] | Will the defendant please rise? | 请被告起立。 |
[38:47] | Mr. Foreman, has the jury reached a verdict? | 陪审团主席先生,陪审团得出裁决了吗? |
[38:51] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人 |
[38:52] | What say you? | 请宣布。 |
[38:53] | Commonwealth vs. Jerry Cochran | 马萨诸塞州诉Jerry Cochran |
[38:56] | on the charge of aggravated rape, | 严重强奸罪名, |
[38:58] | we find the defendant, Jerry Cochran, | 我们裁定被告Jerry Cochran, |
[39:00] | guilty. | 罪名成立。 |
[39:05] | Mr. Cochran | |
[39:06] | you have been convicted | 你已经由你的同等陪审团判为罪名成立。 (“同等陪审团”,意味着现有的陪审员包括广泛的人口, 特别是种族、国籍和性别。) |
[39:07] | by a jury of your peers. | 你已经由你的同等陪审团判为罪名成立。 (“同等陪审团”,意味着现有的陪审员包括广泛的人口, 特别是种族、国籍和性别。) |
[39:10] | Security, take the defendant into custody. | 法警,将被告收押。 |
[39:13] | This matter is now adjourned. | 本案休庭 |
[39:18] | YOUNG: We’ll review whatever grounds we have | 我们会复核一下我们所有的依据, |
[39:21] | and let you know if there are any possible appeals. | 如果找到可能的上诉理由,会通知你的。 |
[39:24] | Okay. | 好吧。 |
[39:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你。 |
[39:44] | Is there a chance for appeal? | 有上诉的机会吗? |
[39:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[39:46] | An 11-minute deliberation, | 才合议了十一分钟, |
[39:48] | it could be good for something. | 可能是个有利因素。 |
[39:50] | It’s worth raising. | 值得一提。 |
[39:51] | We’ll see what we can figure out. | 我们来看看能想出什么办法。 |
[39:53] | GAMBLE: Dr. Cochran, | Cochran先生, |
[39:55] | I’d cancel your appointments for the afternoon. | 我想你该取消下午的预约了。 |
[39:57] | I’ll be sending officers to arrest you for perjury. | 我会派警官去以伪证罪逮捕你。 |
[40:02] | You made a big mistake. | 你犯了个大错。 |
[40:07] | They can’t get me on that, can they? | 他们可以因伪证罪逮捕我吗? |
[40:09] | You lied under oath. | 你在发誓后撒谎了。 |
[40:10] | But how can they prove it? | 他们怎么能证明这一点呢? |
[40:11] | I can just keep telling them I did it. | 我可以坚持说是我干的。 |
[40:13] | YOUNG: That DNA evidence, | 那个DNA测试证据, |
[40:14] | it couldn’t be used against your brother, | 不能用于针对你的哥哥。 |
[40:16] | but it can be used against you to prove you lied. | 但可以用于证明你撒谎。 |
[40:18] | Mr. Young, | |
[40:19] | Jerry and I are identical twins. | Jerry和我是同卵双胞胎。 |
[40:21] | We have the same DNA. | 我们有相同的DNA。 |
[40:25] | YOUNG: Still that story’s a little tough to swallow. | 这个说法还是有点让人难以接受。 |
[40:28] | Well, if we really get desperate, | 那好吧,如果我们真的陷入绝境了, |
[40:31] | I can just show them the scar | 我可以给他们看她用钥匙戳我的那地方的伤疤。 |
[40:32] | where she gouged me with a key. | 我可以给他们看她用钥匙戳我的那地方的伤疤。 |
[40:41] | My brother tried to tell you. | 我哥哥试图告诉过你。 |
[40:43] | You don’t know what the truth is. | 你不知道事实到底是什么。 |
[41:07] | DONNELL: You finally went out after– | 你最终还是会出门的。。。 |
[41:11] | or not. | 算了。 |
[41:47] | We need to talk, Clarice. | 我们需要谈谈,Clarice |
[41:48] | There’s a restraining order. | 有禁制令的。 |
[41:50] | You just screwed up. | 你把事搞砸了。 |
[41:54] | O’MALLEY: No, please. | 别这样,求你了。 |
[41:55] | Don’t. Just 30 seconds, then I’ll go. | 别这样,只需要半分钟,然后我就走。 |
[41:57] | I swear. | 我发誓。 |
[41:58] | Bobby! | |
[41:59] | Yes, this is an emergency. | 对,紧急情况。 |
[42:00] | There’s an intruder in my house. | 我家有人闯入。 |
[42:02] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[42:03] | DOLE: His name is Lawrence O’Malley. | 他的名字叫Lawrence O’Malley。 |
[42:04] | O’MALLEY: I promise, I’m not here to cause anybody any harm. | 我保证,我不会在这里伤害任何人的。 |
[42:06] | I just need to talk to her, please. | 我只是要和她谈谈,拜托了。 |
[42:10] | The police are coming. | 警察要来了。 |
[42:11] | Just tell me why you betrayed me, Clarice. | 只要告诉我,你为什么背叛我,Clarice。 |
[42:13] | I need to know. | 我需要知道。 |
[42:14] | Get out before I throw you out. | 在我动手之前滚出去。 |
[42:17] | You might get hurt. | 你会受伤的。 |
[42:19] | Who are you? | 你现在是谁? |
[42:20] | You know who I am. | 你知道我是谁。 |
[42:25] | You’re in danger, Clarice. | 你有危险,Clarice。 |
[42:27] | He is coming for you. | 他是来找你的。 |
[42:29] | DONNELL: Get out. | 滚出去。 |
[42:30] | Only I can save you. | 只有我才能救你。 |
[42:31] | You got two seconds before I throw you out. | 你还有两秒钟时间,我要动手了, |
[42:33] | You’ll go to heaven, | 你会上天堂的, |
[42:35] | and I will take you there myself. | 我会亲自带你去的。 |
[42:38] | Know what? | 听着, |
[42:39] | Why don’t you go on ahead without me? | 你为何不自己先去呢? |
[42:44] | Lindsay! | |
[43:02] | I told you | 我跟你说过, |
[43:04] | I wasn’t gonna go through it again. | 我不会再经历一次的。 |