| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:01] | DOLE: Previously on The Practice… | 前集回顾未作翻译。。。 | 
| [00:03] | My name is Hannibal Lecter. | |
| [00:04] | Do you plan to argue insanity? | |
| [00:06] | You murdered and ate three people, Mr. Lecter. | |
| [00:10] | O’MALLEY: I didn’t kill them. | |
| [00:11] | The other man killed them. | |
| [00:12] | MAN: He has never denied consuming the victims, | |
| [00:15] | but it’s always the other persona who stabbed the girls. | |
| [00:18] | Hello, Clarice. | |
| [00:19] | Does Bobby know? | |
| [00:20] | Does he know what? | |
| [00:21] | That you’re in love with me. | |
| [00:23] | Instead of persecuting me, | |
| [00:24] | you should be looking for him, | |
| [00:26] | especially since he’s planning to kill Clarice. | |
| [00:29] | DOLE: I got stabbed two years ago. | |
| [00:31] | A man stuck a knife into me three times. | |
| [00:32] | I have never gone back to being okay, | |
| [00:35] | no matter how much that you insist that I have! | |
| [00:38] | MAN: We find the defendant, Lawrence O’Malley, not guilty. | |
| [00:42] | GAMBLE: What I’d like to do is get him civilly committed. | |
| [00:44] | I need you to testify against him. | |
| [00:46] | Just get him, | |
| [00:48] | and if he resists, shoot him. | |
| [00:50] | He’s a cannibal, | |
| [00:51] | and he has made it clear | |
| [00:53] | that he is coming after me! | |
| [00:54] | The petition is denied. | |
| [00:57] | Come near me, I’ll kill you. | |
| [01:00] | (door bell rings) | |
| [01:04] | O’MALLEY: You’ll go to heaven, | |
| [01:05] | and I will take you there myself. | |
| [01:07] | Why don’t you go on ahead without me? | |
| [01:09] | (gunshot) | |
| [01:10] | Lindsay! | |
| [01:17] | DOLE: I told you– | |
| [01:18] | I wasn’t gonna go through it again. | |
| [01:23] | (music playing) | |
| [01:57] | WOMAN (over phone): 911. Is this an emergency? | 911,是紧急情况吗? | 
| [01:58] | Yes, it is. | 对,是的。 | 
| [02:00] | A man has been shot. | 有个人中枪了。 | 
| [02:02] | It may be fatal. | 可能是致命的。 | 
| [02:03] | My name is Robert Donnell. | 我叫Robert Donnell | 
| [02:05] | WOMAN (over phone): Slow down, sir. | 请慢点,先生。 | 
| [02:06] | I’m not speaking very fast, ma’am. | 我说得不太快,女士。 | 
| [02:08] | The address is 1312 Beacon Street. | 地址是Beacon街1312号。 | 
| [02:10] | WOMAN (over phone): There’s a gunshot victim? | 有个枪击受害人是吗? | 
| [02:12] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [02:14] | We need an ambulance right away at 1312 Beacon. | 我们需要一辆救护车立刻到Beacon街1312号 | 
| [02:17] | WOMAN (over phone): And who shot the man? | 谁开枪打了那个人? | 
| [02:21] | A man has been shot. | 有人被枪击了。 | 
| [02:23] | Please get an ambulance to 1312 Beacon. | 请派一辆救护车到Beacon街1312号 | 
| [02:41] | You okay? | 你还好吗? | 
| [02:43] | Yes. | 还好。 | 
| [02:44] | Is he dead? | 他死了吗? | 
| [02:48] | I think so. | 我想是的。 | 
| [02:51] | Did I kill him? | 我杀了他吗? | 
| [04:01] | O’Malley? | 是O’Malley吗? | 
| [04:03] | Three shots. | 中了三枪。 | 
| [04:05] | Where are they? | 他们在哪儿? | 
| [04:06] | In the bedroom. | 卧室。 | 
| [04:07] | There’s an army in there. | 那儿有一个律师团。 | 
| [04:17] | What happened? | 怎么回事? | 
| [04:18] | We need a few minutes, please. | 我们需要一点时间。拜托。 | 
| [04:21] | Everybody here okay? | 都没事吧? | 
| [04:27] | We need a few minutes, please. | 我们需要一点时间。拜托。 | 
| [04:29] | This room is considered part of the crime scene. | 这间房子被视为是犯罪现场的一部分。 | 
| [04:32] | The police will need to come in. | 警方将需要进入。 | 
| [04:34] | No crime was committed. | 没有发生什么犯罪。 | 
| [04:36] | Please give us two minutes and we’ll be out. | 请给我们两分钟,我们会出去的。 | 
| [04:47] | Okay, there is no way you talk. | 好了,无论如何你不能开口。 | 
| [04:49] | FRUTT: Whoa, whoa, whoa! | 哇,哇,哇! | 
| [04:50] | I know conventional wisdom says don’t talk, but here, | 我知道按传统思维是不能开口的,但这种情况, | 
| [04:53] | given our relationship with Helen? | 鉴于我们和Helen的关系? | 
| [04:55] | Helen can’t cut this off. | Helen无法铲掉这件事。 | 
| [04:57] | FRUTT: Look, this is exactly the kind of scenario | 听着,如果我们不予以配合, | 
| [04:59] | where the conclusion tends to follow the assumption. | 就正是那种符合“结论倾向于遵循假设”原则的场景。 | 
| [05:02] | If we don’t cooperate, | 就正是那种符合“结论倾向于遵循假设”原则的场景。 | 
| [05:03] | the assumption will be possible murder. | 而假设将可能是谋杀。 | 
| [05:05] | YOUNG: The man was unarmed, three gunshots. | 这个人没有携带武器,挨了三枪。 | 
| [05:07] | They’re gonna be thinking crime. | 警方会认为是谋杀。 | 
| [05:08] | FRUTT: Possibly, and if we don’t talk, definitely. | 可能吧,如果我们不说话,当然会这样。 | 
| [05:10] | Everybody shut up! | 大家都别说了! | 
| [05:16] | This is what we’re gonna do, | 我们要做的是, | 
| [05:17] | she’s in some shock. | 她有些受到了惊吓。 | 
| [05:19] | She needs medical attention. | 她需要治疗。 | 
| [05:20] | We need to get her to a doctor now. | 我们现在需要送她去看医生。 | 
| [05:21] | That’ll give us some time. | 那会给我们争取一些时间。 | 
| [05:23] | We can take this time | 我们可以利用这个时间 | 
| [05:24] | and go over what we’ll give them. | 再认真讨论一下我们怎么跟警方说。 | 
| [05:27] | Are we clear? | 大家明白了吗? | 
| [05:29] | I’ll get you admitted to the hospital. | 我会让你住院的。 | 
| [05:31] | You’ll stay there tonight. | 你今晚会呆在那儿。 | 
| [05:32] | Bobby, you’ll stay with her. | Bobby,你在那里陪着她。 | 
| [05:33] | We’ll have your clothes sent. | 我们会给你们送些衣服去。 | 
| [05:35] | When you check out tomorrow, you come directly to the office. | 你明天离开医院直接去事务所。 | 
| [05:38] | I’ll have security at your room. | 我会在你房间安排保安。 | 
| [05:39] | Other than the doctor, | 除了医生以外, | 
| [05:42] | you’ll talk to nobody. | 你跟谁也别说话。 | 
| [05:44] | Now, say absolutely nothing on our way out. | 现在,在我们出去的路上什么也不说。 | 
| [05:46] | I’ll talk with Walsh, | 我要和Walsh谈谈, | 
| [05:47] | Walk right out. | 径直走出去。 | 
| [05:48] | Don’t even break stride. | 别有停顿。 | 
| [05:49] | Ellenor, you and Jimmy stay behind | Ellenor,你和Jimmy呆在这儿, | 
| [05:51] | till they kick you out. | 直到他们把你们哄出去。 | 
| [05:52] | We need some ears in the room | 我们需要些耳目 | 
| [05:53] | to get a sense of what they’re thinking. | 以便探听到他们的想法。 | 
| [05:58] | Let’s go. | 行动吧。 | 
| [06:02] | Lindsay’s in no shape to talk right now. | Lindsay现在的身体状况无法立即进行谈话。 | 
| [06:04] | She needs medical attention. | 她需要治疗。 | 
| [06:05] | We’re gonna get her to a doctor. | 我们要送她去看医生。 | 
| [06:06] | Could we just ask– | 我们能只问一下。。。 | 
| [06:07] | She’s in some shock. | 她有些受到惊吓了。 | 
| [06:08] | We can try to set something up for tomorrow. | 我们可以试着为明天做些准备。 | 
| [06:10] | Come on. | 快走吧。 | 
| [06:11] | Were you here when it happened, bobby? | bobby,事发的时候你在场吗? | 
| [06:13] | I need to be with Lindsay. | 我要去陪Lindsay。 | 
| [06:22] | Manslaughter? | 过失杀人? | 
| [06:23] | WASHINGTON: We should consider it. | 你应该考虑一下。 | 
| [06:25] | Consider it? | 考虑一下? | 
| [06:26] | Consider this! | 考虑这个? | 
| [06:27] | They got no body. | 他们没找到尸体。 | 
| [06:28] | You can’t prove no slaughter without the man. | 没找到那个人,你就不能证明没有人被杀。 | 
| [06:31] | Rodney, they can prove murder without a body. | Rodney,没有尸体他们就能证明谋杀。 | 
| [06:33] | I don’t want to have to tell you that again. | 我不想再告诉你一遍了。 | 
| [06:34] | They found remnants of her in your car. | 他们在你的车里发现了她的残迹。 | 
| [06:36] | Well, pet the pud, then, for luck. | 那好,摸摸小鸡鸡,就是为了图个吉利。 | 
| [06:38] | We need– Nor do I want | – 我们要。。。 – 我也不想再跟你说一遍别要我摸摸小鸡鸡。 | 
| [06:39] | to tell you again to stop asking me | – 我们要。。。 – 我也不想再跟你说一遍别要我摸摸小鸡鸡。 | 
| [06:41] | to pet the pud. | – 我们要。。。 – 我也不想再跟你说一遍别要我摸摸小鸡鸡。 | 
| [06:42] | Sucky sucky, gimme gimme? | 要爽爽吗,给我给我吧? (来自于电影《全金属外壳》里的俚语) | 
| [06:44] | Rodney, I will get off this case right now. | Rodney,我现在要退出这个案子。 | 
| [06:47] | I swear. I’m sick of it. | 我发誓,我受不了了。 | 
| [06:48] | No plea. | 不要认罪。 | 
| [06:49] | We’re gonna win this thing, Bec. | 我们会赢的,Bec。 | 
| [06:50] | You, me, and Pugsly, we’re a team! | 你,我,还有Pugsly,我们是一个团队! | 
| [06:52] | Now come on, let’s go! | 快点,行动起来吧! | 
| [06:56] | You don’t remember shooting him at all? | 你不记得开枪打他了吗? | 
| [06:58] | No. | 不记得了。 | 
| [07:01] | I remember he said the thing about me going to heaven, | 我记得他说过我要上天堂的事, | 
| [07:04] | and then I– | 然后我。。。 | 
| [07:08] | I mean, then I was in my room. | 我平时说,然后我在我的房间里。 | 
| [07:12] | And I went to the door to look out. | 我走到门口往外看。 | 
| [07:13] | Bobby was calling the police. | Bobby在报警。 | 
| [07:15] | O’Malley was on the floor. | O’Malley躺在地板上。 | 
| [07:24] | The press is already calling. | 媒体已经打电话来了。 | 
| [07:26] | I assume we have no comment. | 我想我们应该是无可奉告。 | 
| [07:27] | YOUNG: None for now. | 目前没有。 | 
| [07:28] | Public opinion could sway | 公共舆论会使检方做出起诉的决定产生动摇。 | 
| [07:30] | the decision to indict. | 公共舆论会使检方做出起诉的决定产生动摇。 | 
| [07:31] | We should probably issue something. | 我们可能应该发布一些信息。 | 
| [07:33] | You learn anything last night? | 昨晚是怎么说的? | 
| [07:34] | Pretty tight-lipped. | 把嘴巴闭紧。 | 
| [07:35] | Helen said they’d probably be open to self-defense, | Helen说他们可能会以正当防卫为由网开一面, | 
| [07:38] | but Lindsay’s got to give them a statement. | 但Lindsay必须要提供一份陈述。 | 
| [07:44] | Where are we? | 现在什么情况? | 
| [07:46] | No decisions have been made yet. | 还没有做出决定。 | 
| [07:48] | Let’s get everybody in the conference room. | 大家到会议室来。 | 
| [07:50] | Where’s Rebecca? | Rebecca在哪儿? | 
| [07:51] | She’s in trial. | 她在出庭。 | 
| [07:53] | After impounding the vehicle, | 扣押车辆后, | 
| [07:54] | we did an inventory search. | 我们进行了清点搜查。 | 
| [07:56] | We found some blood in the trunk. | 我们在后备箱发现了一些血迹。 | 
| [07:58] | Did you do any DNA testing? DETECTIVE: We did. | – 你们进行了DNA测试吗? – 做了。 | 
| [08:00] | It was an exact genetic match to the victim, Nancy Connell. | 这与受害者Nancy Connell的基因完全吻合。 | 
| [08:03] | GAMBLE: What else did you find? | 你们还发现了什么? | 
| [08:06] | DETECTIVE: Also in the trunk, | 在后备箱里, | 
| [08:06] | a hammer | 还发现一把锤子 | 
| [08:08] | with dried blood and hair on the head. | 锤头上有干涸的血迹和头发。 | 
| [08:11] | GAMBLE: And, sir, were you able to determine | 先生,你们能确定谁拥有这辆车吗? | 
| [08:13] | who owned this vehicle? | 先生,你们能确定谁拥有这辆车吗? | 
| [08:14] | It was registered to the defendant. | 车辆注册在被告名下。 | 
| [08:16] | GAMBLE: Thank you, and at some point, | 谢谢,而你们在某处查出了被告的位置, | 
| [08:18] | you located the defendant. | 谢谢,而你们在某处查出了被告的位置, | 
| [08:20] | DETECTIVE: Yes, he was arrested | 是的,他因用偷来的信用卡买东西而抓到了。 | 
| [08:21] | trying to purchase merchandise | 是的,他因用偷来的信用卡买东西而抓到了。 | 
| [08:22] | with a stolen credit card. | 是的,他因用偷来的信用卡买东西而抓到了。 | 
| [08:24] | Whose credit card? | 谁的信用卡? | 
| [08:25] | The victim’s, | 受害人的。 | 
| [08:27] | Nancy Connell. | Nancy Connell的。 | 
| [08:29] | WASHINGTON: You say “the victim.” | 你说了“受害人”, | 
| [08:30] | was any victim ever found? | 可曾发现受害人吗? | 
| [08:32] | No, we never found her, | 没有,我们从未找到她, | 
| [08:34] | but the blood on the hammer indicates– | 但锤子上的血迹表明。。。 | 
| [08:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢你。 | 
| [08:36] | Any witness ever place Nancy Connell | 有没有证人曾看见Nancy Connell和我的当事人在一起? | 
| [08:39] | with my client? | 有没有证人曾看见Nancy Connell和我的当事人在一起? | 
| [08:40] | No. | 没有。 | 
| [08:43] | You really can’t move this idiot? | 你真的影响不了这个傻货吗? | 
| [08:45] | He says he’ll accept trespassing. | 他说他会接受非法闯入的罪名。 | 
| [08:47] | Don’t look at me. | 别这样看着我。 | 
| [08:48] | I can’t even get him to take it seriously. | 我无法让他认真对待这件事。 | 
| [08:50] | He keeps demanding I pet his pud. | 他不断要求我摸他的小鸡鸡。 | 
| [08:53] | How’s Lindsay? | Lindsay情况如何? | 
| [08:56] | Not good. | 不好。 | 
| [08:57] | What’s gonna happen? | 这事会怎么发展? | 
| [08:58] | I’m not really in the loop. | 我不太算是在圈子里面的。 | 
| [08:59] | Walsh has it. | Walsh负责这事。 | 
| [09:01] | That can’t be a good sign. | 这可不是个好兆头。 | 
| [09:02] | It isn’t. | 对。 | 
| [09:05] | MR. CONNELL: Ms. Gamble? | Gamble女士吗? | 
| [09:07] | WASHINGTON: I’ll see you back in there. | 我回头在庭上见你。 | 
| [09:08] | Okay. | 好的。 | 
| [09:12] | You wanted to see us? | 你想见我们? | 
| [09:14] | Yes. | 对。 | 
| [09:16] | The defendant may be taking the stand. | 被告可能会出庭作证。 | 
| [09:18] | I’m not sure you’re gonna want to be there for that. | 我不确定你们会想旁听那些。 | 
| [09:22] | I don’t know what he might say about your daughter. | 我不知道他会针对你女儿说些什么。 | 
| [09:24] | We’ve prepared ourselves. | 我们已经有所准备。 | 
| [09:25] | We choose to be there. | 我们选择去旁听。 | 
| [09:28] | Well, even so– | 那好,即便如此。。。 | 
| [09:29] | MR. CONNELL: We choose to be there. | 我们选择去旁听。 | 
| [09:35] | BERLUTI: I still say don’t talk. | 我还是认为不要发声。 | 
| [09:37] | DOLE: In which case, they’ll arrest me. | 这种情况下,他们会逮捕我。 | 
| [09:38] | Lindsay, the likelihood | Lindsay,他们是很可能会来这儿逮捕你的。 | 
| [09:40] | is that there’s going to be an arrest here. | Lindsay,他们是很可能会来这儿逮捕你的。 | 
| [09:42] | Why? He was a serial killer | 凭什么?他是个违反了临时禁制令的连环杀手。 | 
| [09:45] | violating his T. R. O. | 凭什么?他是个违反了临时禁制令的连环杀手。 | 
| [09:46] | He had no gun. | 可他没有带枪 | 
| [09:47] | DONNELL: She didn’t know that. | 她并不知道这一点。 | 
| [09:48] | FRUTT: His pattern | 他的行凶模式是用刀,Bobby | 
| [09:49] | was to kill by knife, Bobby. | 他的行凶模式是用刀,Bobby | 
| [09:50] | She knew that. | Lindsay知道这一点。 | 
| [09:51] | All I knew is that he had come to my house | 我知道的就是他来我家并且不打算走。 | 
| [09:54] | and he wouldn’t leave! | 我知道的就是他来我家并且不打算走。 | 
| [09:54] | Let’s dial it back. | 让我们退一步说吧。 | 
| [09:58] | If they don’t have enough to indict, | 如果他们没有足够理由起诉, | 
| [10:00] | rule of thumb, we don’t talk. | 根据经验法则,我们不要发声。 | 
| [10:01] | But they do, Eugene, | 但他们有,Eugene, | 
| [10:03] | unless they exercise discretion not to, | 除非他们行使自由裁量权不去起诉, | 
| [10:05] | and the only way | 而且他们行使这个自由裁量权的唯一途径 | 
| [10:06] | they’re ever going to exercise that discretion | 而且他们行使这个自由裁量权的唯一途径 | 
| [10:08] | is if bobby and I give them a statement! | 是我和bobby给他们提供一份陈述! | 
| [10:10] | YOUNG: I’d agree if the goal here | 如果目的是为了不被逮捕的话, | 
| [10:11] | is to avoid arrest, | 我同意你的说法, | 
| [10:12] | but that may not be a reasonable goal. | 但是那可能不是一个明智的目的。 | 
| [10:14] | FRUTT: Exactly. | 没错。 | 
| [10:15] | We should be thinking trial, | 我们应该考虑到庭审, | 
| [10:16] | how to win at trial, | 如何去在庭审获胜, | 
| [10:18] | and in that case, we give them nothing. | 在那种情况下,我们什么也不给他们提供。 | 
| [10:20] | DONNELL: Wait a second. | 等一下。 | 
| [10:22] | You all just heard her story. | 你们都刚刚听到她的说法了。 | 
| [10:24] | What is she going to say that could hurt us at trial? | 她要说的那些怎么会在庭审中对我们不利呢? | 
| [10:31] | What? | 怎么了? | 
| [10:32] | It’s your version that concerns me. | 我们担心的是你的说法。 | 
| [10:36] | My version? | 我的说法? | 
| [10:38] | What you said she said before she fired. | 就是你所描述的她在开枪前说的话。 | 
| [10:41] | He made the crack about heaven. | 他打开了去往天堂的一条缝。 | 
| [10:43] | Lindsay said, “You go on ahead without me.” | 然后Lindsay说,“你自己先去吧。” | 
| [10:45] | that sounds a little too clever, | 那听起来有点太过精妙了, | 
| [10:47] | reflective, even. | 甚至是经过仔细思考的。 | 
| [10:49] | We don’t tell the police then. | 那就别跟警察说这些。 | 
| [10:54] | Look, a cannibal | 听我说,一个食人族出现在我家门口并走了进来, | 
| [10:57] | showed up at my door, | 听我说,一个食人族出现在我家门口并走了进来, | 
| [10:59] | entered the premises, | 听我说,一个食人族出现在我家门口并走了进来, | 
| [11:00] | he had made threats about killing me before. | 他之前威胁过要杀了我。 | 
| [11:02] | No jury is gonna convict me for defending myself, | 陪审团不会因为我自卫而判我有罪的。 | 
| [11:05] | and the prosecution isn’t gonna waste time | 而检方也不会把时间浪费在一个他们赢不了的案子上! | 
| [11:08] | trying a case they can’t win! Lindsay– | 而检方也不会把时间浪费在一个他们赢不了的案子上! | 
| [11:10] | DOLE: I am not standing trial for murder! | 我不要因谋杀指控出庭受审! | 
| [11:15] | It’ll destroy my career. | 那会毁掉我的事业。 | 
| [11:17] | I have a child. | 我有孩子。 | 
| [11:19] | We need to squash this thing now. | 我们现在要把这件事压住。 | 
| [11:22] | And if I have to talk to do that, | 如果我必须要就此做出陈述, | 
| [11:23] | then I’m going to talk! | 那我就会去做! | 
| [11:25] | What if you say something– | 如果你说了些。。。 | 
| [11:25] | DOLE: I won’t! | 我不会的! | 
| [11:26] | I know the drill, Eugene! | 我知道怎么演练,Eugene! | 
| [11:28] | We might want to argue diminished capacity, | 我们也许要提出行为能力下降的辩护主张, | 
| [11:30] | and we don’t need detectives testifying, | 那我们可不想警探出来作证说, | 
| [11:32] | “Gee, she seemed to know the drill.” | “哇,她似乎知道怎么演练。” | 
| [11:34] | My state of mind today doesn’t bear | – 我今天的心理状态和昨天无关。 – 即便如此。。。 | 
| [11:36] | on what it was yesterday. Even so– | – 我今天的心理状态和昨天无关。 – 即便如此。。。 | 
| [11:37] | DOLE: If I don’t talk, they’ll arrest me! | 如果我什么也不说,他们会逮捕我的! | 
| [11:49] | It’s my decision. | 我决定了。 | 
| [11:53] | I want to give them a statement. | 我要给他们做一份陈述。 | 
| [11:59] | Bobby, my office, please. | Bobby,请来我办公室一下。 | 
| [12:07] | She’s in no place to be making decisions | 如果她那样情绪化的话,她就不适合来做决定 | 
| [12:09] | if she’s that emotional. Eugene– | 如果她那样情绪化的话,她就不适合来做决定 | 
| [12:11] | YOUNG: And neither are you if you can’t see that. | 你如果看不明白这一点,那你也不适合。 | 
| [12:14] | I have half a mind to get her judged incompetent. | 我倾向于让她被判定为不具备接受审判的能力。 | 
| [12:16] | DONNELL: What she’s saying isn’t necessarily wrong, Eugene. | 她说的不见得是错的,Eugene。 | 
| [12:19] | If she’s screaming it, | 如果她是喊出来的, | 
| [12:20] | I have to question where it’s coming from. | 我必须要质疑这是怎么产生的。 | 
| [12:22] | DONNELL: I agree. | 我同意。 | 
| [12:23] | It’s a close call. | 这是很难以选择。 | 
| [12:25] | But I think we should cooperate. | 但我认为我们应该配合警方。 | 
| [12:30] | If we do this, | 如果我们这么做, | 
| [12:32] | it’s under my control. | 那就要由我来掌控。 | 
| [12:33] | If I don’t like what I’m hearing, | 如果我觉得不对头了, | 
| [12:34] | I’m shutting it down. | 我就会叫停。 | 
| [12:37] | Okay. | 好吧。 | 
| [12:39] | I just left Helen. | 我刚从Helen那儿来。 | 
| [12:41] | Walsh has the case. | Walsh负责这个案子。 | 
| [12:43] | She thinks if there’s any noise, | 她认为出现一些议论的话, | 
| [12:44] | he’ll indict to protect his ass. | 他会提起诉讼以求自保。 | 
| [12:46] | She also thinks you guys have to say something. | 她还认为你们必须说点什么。 | 
| [12:49] | Otherwise, you give them no choice. | 否则,你们会让他们别无选择。 | 
| [12:51] | We’ve decided to talk. | 我们已经决定做出陈述。 | 
| [12:53] | Okay. | 那好。 | 
| [12:54] | YOUNG: Bobby? | |
| [12:57] | Are you sure? | 你确定了吗? | 
| [13:01] | Set it up. | 去安排吧。 | 
| [13:14] | FRUTT: We all, of course, | 毫无疑问,我们都团结一致地 | 
| [13:15] | stand united | 毫无疑问,我们都团结一致地 | 
| [13:16] | in our support of Lindsay Dole. | 支持Lindsay Dole。 | 
| [13:18] | It’s always tragic when there’s a loss of human life, | 当有人失去生命时总是很可悲的, | 
| [13:21] | but in this situation, Lindsay was defending | 但在这种情况下,Lindsay是在保护她自己的生命。 | 
| [13:24] | her own life. | 但在这种情况下,Lindsay是在保护她自己的生命。 | 
| [13:25] | As you know, | 你们知道, | 
| [13:26] | this office tried to get | 本事务所试图将O’Malley先生进行民事拘押。 | 
| [13:27] | Mr. O’Malley civilly committed. | 本事务所试图将O’Malley先生进行民事拘押。 | 
| [13:28] | We regarded him as a danger to himself, to others, | 我们认为他对自己和他人都是具有危险的, | 
| [13:32] | and especially to Lindsay | 尤其是对于Lindsay而言 | 
| [13:33] | since he had repeatedly threatened her. | 因为他不断地威胁她 | 
| [13:37] | REPORTER: Is there a reason she won’t speak to police | 她没有向警方说明事发经过,有什么原因吗? | 
| [13:40] | about what happened? | 她没有向警方说明事发经过,有什么原因吗? | 
| [13:40] | The only reason was medical. | 唯一的原因就是医疗方面的。 | 
| [13:43] | Lindsay was naturally suffering from some shock | Lindsay自然是受到了一些惊吓 | 
| [13:45] | and was taken to a hospital. | 并被送去了医院。 | 
| [13:47] | She plans to fully cooperate | 她打算全力配合这次调查。 | 
| [13:49] | with this investigation. | 她打算全力配合这次调查。 | 
| [13:50] | In fact, members of this office are arranging for her | 实际上,在此时, | 
| [13:53] | to meet with police as we speak. | 我们事务所的同事正在安排她去和警方会面。 | 
| [13:58] | WASHINGTON: If you tell me to kiss Pugsly one more time, | 如果你再跟我一次说要我亲Pugsly的话, | 
| [14:00] | I’ll file a motion to withdraw. | 我就会提交退出本案的动议。 | 
| [14:01] | Rebecca… | |
| [14:02] | WASHINGTON: Stop touching yourself! | 别自己瞎摸了! | 
| [14:04] | It’s a problem, okay? | 这是个麻烦,知道吗? | 
| [14:06] | One doctor told me I could cut back | 有个医生跟我说如果我找别人去摸摸的话, | 
| [14:08] | if I got others to touch it– | 我就能消停点。。。 | 
| [14:10] | sucky sucky. That’s it! | – 要爽爽吗。 – 到此为止! | 
| [14:11] | EDSEL: Come on, come on, come on. | 别这样,别这样。 | 
| [14:13] | No judge is gonna let you off middle of trial. | 没有法官会允许你在审判中途退出的。 | 
| [14:16] | Like I’m the first client ever ask you | 好像我是第一个要求你舔他小鸡鸡的当事人似的 | 
| [14:17] | to lick his chopper. | 好像我是第一个要求你舔他小鸡鸡的当事人似的 | 
| [14:19] | Hmm? Huh? | 嗯? | 
| [14:24] | Do I testify or not? | 我是否要作证? | 
| [14:29] | If you don’t testify, | 如果你不作证 | 
| [14:31] | the victim’s blood in your car, | 你车里有受害人的血迹, | 
| [14:32] | your prints on the hammer, | 锤子上有你的指纹, | 
| [14:33] | her blood and hair on the hammer– | 上面还有受害人的血迹和头发。。。 | 
| [14:35] | all that goes unanswered. | 所有这些都无法得到解释。 | 
| [14:37] | You do testify, your record can be introduced. | 你作证的话,你的前科就会被扯出来。 | 
| [14:40] | There are risks either way, Rodney. | 不管怎样都有风险,Rodney。 | 
| [14:43] | I think the jury has to hear from me. | 我认为陪审团必须要听到我的说法。 | 
| [14:47] | They don’t get to hear about the other, right? | 他们不会得知另一起罪行吧,是吗? | 
| [14:48] | The other murder/rape? | 另一起强奸谋杀案吗? | 
| [14:49] | No. Since you were acquitted, | 不会的,因为那一起你被判无罪了,就不能被提及。 | 
| [14:50] | that can’t come in. | 不会的,因为那一起你被判无罪了,就不能被提及。 | 
| [14:51] | Excellent. | 太好了。 | 
| [14:54] | I’ll testify. | 我会作证的 | 
| [14:57] | Anything she said to her husband, out of bounds– | 她对丈夫说的任何话,都是禁止提及的。。。 | 
| [15:00] | marital communication. | 因为属于夫妻交流范畴。 | 
| [15:01] | Anything she said to us, | 她对我们说的任何话, | 
| [15:03] | out of bounds– lawyer/client. | 都是禁止提及的。。。属于律师当事人保密特权范畴。 | 
| [15:04] | Anything she said to her doctor, out of bounds– | 她对医生说的任何话,也是禁止提及的。。。 | 
| [15:07] | privileged. | 病患保密特权范畴。 | 
| [15:08] | Can we ask her her name? | 那我们能问她叫什么吗? | 
| [15:10] | Look, she doesn’t have to talk at all. | 听着,她完全可以什么都不说。 | 
| [15:12] | We can arrest her right now | 不管她说还是不说 | 
| [15:14] | whether she talks or not. | 我们现在就可以逮捕她 | 
| [15:15] | Oh, why haven’t you? | 哦,那你们怎么还没动手? | 
| [15:16] | Would you like us to? | 你希望我们动手吗? | 
| [15:17] | All right. | 好了好了。 | 
| [15:18] | We’re here to cooperate. | 我们来这儿是为了配合的。 | 
| [15:20] | YOUNG: We’re offering you more than you’re legally entitled to. | 我们所提供的,比你依法可获得的还要多些。 | 
| [15:22] | We’re just setting up the ground rules. | 我们只是把基本原则确定一下。 | 
| [15:23] | It’s your choice. | 你来选择吧。 | 
| [15:28] | Bring her in. | 带她进来 | 
| [15:29] | No. | 不行 | 
| [15:30] | You talk to her at our firm. | 你在我们的事务所和她谈 | 
| [15:31] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [15:32] | Because that’s the way | 因为这事就得这么办 | 
| [15:33] | it has to be. | 因为这事就得这么办 | 
| [15:42] | Eugene and Jimmy just called. | Eugene和Jimmy刚来电话 | 
| [15:44] | Walsh agreed to meet here under our control. | Walsh同意在我们的掌控下和你会面。 | 
| [15:47] | They’ll no doubt want separate statements from us | 他们无疑是想从我们这里分别得到彼此隔离的陈述。 | 
| [15:49] | sequestered from each other. | 他们无疑是想从我们这里分别得到彼此隔离的陈述。 | 
| [15:51] | Just tell them he was coming toward me when I fired. | 告诉我在我开枪的时候,他是冲我过来的。 | 
| [15:55] | He wasn’t. | 他没有冲你过去。 | 
| [15:57] | Bobby, in my mind, which is what’s relevant– | Bobby,在我看来,这是最有用的。。。 | 
| [16:00] | Lindsay, | |
| [16:01] | let’s get something very straight. | 让我们把情况彻底说明白吧。 | 
| [16:04] | If we lie and they catch us in a lie, | 如果我们撒谎并被他们识破, | 
| [16:07] | you’re dead. | 你就玩了。 | 
| [16:09] | The truth supports you here. | 事实真相是对你有利的。 | 
| [16:11] | You were in fear for your life. | 你那时是害怕丢了性命。 | 
| [16:13] | You just say what you saw and remember, nothing more. | 你只要说出你看到的和记得的就行了。 | 
| [16:16] | But if they think I executed him, they’ll arrest me. | 但如果他们认为我用处决的方式杀了他,他们会逮捕我的 | 
| [16:22] | Did I execute him? | 我是用处决的方式吗? | 
| [16:24] | I think you snapped. | 我认为你那时是突然精神崩溃了。 | 
| [16:29] | Are you gonna tell them what I said | 你要告诉他们我在开枪前一刻说了些什么吗? | 
| [16:30] | right before I fired? | 你要告诉他们我在开枪前一刻说了些什么吗? | 
| [16:30] | No. | 不会。 | 
| [16:32] | I think we should say that he was coming for me. | 我觉得我们应该说他冲我过来了。 | 
| [16:34] | Lindsay– DOLE: I threatened him – Lindsay。。。 | – 我在法庭上威胁过他 – 但那并不是说。。。 | 
| [16:35] | in the court room. That doesn’t mean– – Lindsay。。。 | – 我在法庭上威胁过他 – 但那并不是说。。。 | 
| [16:36] | DOLE: People heard me say that I’d kill him! | 大家听到我说过我要杀了他! | 
| [16:38] | Hold on! DOLE: You hold on. | – 别说了! – 你才别说了呢! | 
| [16:39] | You’re not the one they might arrest! | 你又不是他们要逮捕的那个人! | 
| [16:40] | You need to calm down! DOLE: I won’t calm down! | – 你需要冷静下来! – 我冷静不了。 | 
| [16:41] | DONNELL: Shut up! | 闭嘴! | 
| [16:42] | Just shut up. | 闭嘴就好。 | 
| [16:46] | Now listen to me. | 现在听我说。 | 
| [16:48] | Forensics will show whether the guy was moving. | 法医鉴定会表明那家伙是不是在移动中。 | 
| [16:51] | They’ll be able piece together everything that happened. | 他们能把发生的一切拼凑起来。 | 
| [16:54] | Don’t even think about trying to change the facts. | 千万不要考虑去篡改事实。 | 
| [17:00] | And beyond this trial– | 而且审判过后。。。 | 
| [17:03] | if there is a trial… | 如果有审判的话。。。 | 
| [17:07] | you’re a wife and a mother. | 你是一个妻子和母亲, | 
| [17:08] | You will never survive this emotionally | 如果你撒谎掩盖事实 | 
| [17:11] | if you try to lie or cover it up. | 你永远也无法在感情上度过这一关 | 
| [17:18] | Lindsay, | |
| [17:20] | you did nothing wrong here. | 在这事上你没做错什么 | 
| [17:24] | I killed the man. | 我杀了那个人 | 
| [17:25] | DONNELL: No. | 不是的 | 
| [17:26] | You snapped. | 你精神突然崩溃了 | 
| [17:30] | You were under extreme stress, | 你受到极大的压力 | 
| [17:32] | oppression. | 受迫。 | 
| [17:34] | You snapped. | 你精神突然崩溃了 | 
| [17:37] | That’s what happened. | 这就是所发生的事 | 
| [17:40] | That’s what we say happened. | 这就是我们要说的 | 
| [17:47] | Why can’t I even remember it? | 为什么我甚至都记不得了? | 
| [17:55] | EDSEL: I don’t deny being with her. | 我不否认我和她在一起过 | 
| [17:57] | I met her, all right. | 我见过她,好了吧。 | 
| [17:58] | She met me, my family, Pugsly. | 她见过我,还有我的家人,Pugsly | 
| [18:00] | She met your family? | 她见过你的家人? | 
| [18:02] | EDSEL: Well, she would if I had one. | 呃,如果我真有家人的话 | 
| [18:03] | Orphan at 9. | 我9岁就是孤儿了 | 
| [18:05] | WASHINGTON: How did you meet Nancy Connell, Rodney? | Rodney,你怎么遇见Nancy Connell的? | 
| [18:08] | Well, I was driving home. | 呃,我开车回家 | 
| [18:11] | It was late, | 很晚了 | 
| [18:12] | and I saw this man assaulting her. | 我看到有个人袭击她 | 
| [18:14] | Where? | 在哪儿? | 
| [18:16] | Side of the road in Newton. | Newton的路边。 | 
| [18:17] | I get out to help her, and this guy, | 我下车去帮她,那个家伙, | 
| [18:19] | he’s swinging this hammer at her. | 他正冲着她挥舞着锤子 | 
| [18:20] | So I did this kind of body block on him, knocked him over. | 所以我冲上去挡住他,把他掀翻在地 | 
| [18:23] | He took off. | 他跑走了 | 
| [18:25] | I helped her, and her head was bleeding a little, | 我帮助了她,她的头上流了点血 | 
| [18:26] | but other than that, she was okay. | 但除此之外,她很好 | 
| [18:28] | We ended up going back to my place. | 我们最终回到了我的住处 | 
| [18:30] | She spent the night. | 她在那里过夜 | 
| [18:31] | Next morning, I wake up, she’s gone. | 第二天早上,我醒来,她已经走了 | 
| [18:34] | My car is gone. | 我的车不见了 | 
| [18:35] | I figure she must have stole it or something. | 我想她一定是偷了车或者还有别的什么东西 | 
| [18:37] | Next thing I know, | 接下来我知道的就是 | 
| [18:38] | I’m being arrested for killing her, | 我因为谋杀她而被捕了 | 
| [18:39] | which I never did. | 那绝对不是我干的 | 
| [18:44] | GAMBLE: You just came across her one night | 你刚好是当另一个人用锤子砸她脑袋的那晚 | 
| [18:47] | while another man was hitting her | 你刚好是当另一个人用锤子砸她脑袋的那晚 | 
| [18:48] | on the head with a hammer. | 开车路过遇到她的。 | 
| [18:50] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的,女士 | 
| [18:51] | And you saved her. | 于是你救了她 | 
| [18:52] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的,女士 | 
| [18:53] | You also saved the hammer. | 你还收起了锤子吧 | 
| [18:55] | I threw it in the trunk, yeah. | 对,我把锤子扔到后备箱了 | 
| [18:57] | You didn’t call the police to report the assault. | 你没有向警方报告这起袭击案 | 
| [18:59] | She didn’t want that. | 她不希望报警 | 
| [19:01] | GAMBLE: Why, did she know him? | 为什么,她认识他吗? | 
| [19:04] | She didn’t say. | 她没说 | 
| [19:05] | GAMBLE: Well, surely you discussed this other man. | 那好,那你们一定谈论那另一个人了 | 
| [19:09] | I don’t think we did. | 我想我们没有谈论他 | 
| [19:11] | She’s being attacked with a hammer. | 她被锤子砸了头 | 
| [19:12] | You don’t ask what it’s about | 你不问问是什么原因 | 
| [19:13] | or who this guy is. | 或者那个家伙是谁 | 
| [19:14] | You just take her back to your place. | 你只是把她带回你的住处 | 
| [19:15] | Well, to be honest, | 呃,说实话 | 
| [19:17] | the only thing I was interested in | 我唯一关心的事是 | 
| [19:18] | was introducing her to Pugsly. | 介绍她和Pugsly认识一下 | 
| [19:20] | Who’s Pugsly? | Pugsly是谁? | 
| [19:22] | My penis. | 我的小鸡鸡 | 
| [19:27] | GAMBLE: Did you have sexual relations | 那你和Nancy Connell发生了性关系吗? | 
| [19:29] | with Nancy Connell? | 那你和Nancy Connell发生了性关系吗? | 
| [19:30] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [19:32] | GAMBLE: And the next morning, when you woke up… | 第二天早上,你醒来时。。。 | 
| [19:35] | Gone. | 她没影了 | 
| [19:36] | You know, it’s happened to me before. | 知道吗,以前发生过这样的事 | 
| [19:37] | GAMBLE: Really? | 真的吗? | 
| [19:38] | Do they always steal your car? | 她们总是偷走你的车? | 
| [19:41] | No. | 不 | 
| [19:42] | GAMBLE: Why didn’t you report your car as stolen, | 你为什么没有给你的车报失,Mr. Edsel? | 
| [19:45] | Mr. Edsel? | 你为什么没有给你的车报失,Mr. Edsel? | 
| [19:46] | Had drugs in it. | 里面有毒品 | 
| [19:47] | Didn’t want to get arrested. | 我可不想被抓 | 
| [19:49] | GAMBLE: Your car had drugs in it. | 你的车里面有毒品 | 
| [19:50] | Yes, ma’am. | 对,女士 | 
| [19:52] | GAMBLE: Well, the police didn’t find any drugs. | 可警方没有在车里发现毒品 | 
| [19:54] | They did find the murder weapon, | 而是发现了谋杀凶器 | 
| [19:55] | and they did find Nancy Connell’s blood and hair. | 而且他们发现了Nancy Connell的血迹和头发 | 
| [19:59] | Well, the police probably stole the drugs. | 这个,也许是警察顺走了毒品 | 
| [20:02] | They do that, and her blood must have come from the hammer. | 是他们干的,血迹肯定是来自那把锤子的 | 
| [20:11] | Several witnesses heard Lindsay Dole | 有几个证人听到Lindsay Dole | 
| [20:13] | threaten to kill Mr. O’Malley in court yesterday. | 昨天在法庭上威胁了O’Malley先生 | 
| [20:16] | Thus far, no charges have been filed, | 到目前为止,还没有提出任何指控 | 
| [20:18] | but police investigators are in the building behind me | 但警方调查员正在我身后的这栋楼里 | 
| [20:22] | listening to what Lindsay Dole has to say. | 听取Lindsay Dole必须做出的陈述 | 
| [20:25] | McGUIRE: Did you know it was him when you opened the door? | 你开门的时候知道是他吗? | 
| [20:29] | No. | 不知道 | 
| [20:30] | WALSH: I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [20:32] | Do you plan to supply the answers? | 你打算给她提供答案吗? | 
| [20:34] | I was reminding her what her answer was. | 我在提醒她她的回答是什么 | 
| [20:36] | She’s still in some shock, Mr. Walsh. | 她还有些没缓过神儿来,Walsh先生 | 
| [20:37] | WALSH: Yes, well, this meeting is worthless | 是啊,那么,律师 | 
| [20:39] | if you’re to supply signal or influence her responses | 如果你要提供暗示或者左右她的回答 | 
| [20:42] | in any way, Counsel. | 这次会面就毫无价值 | 
| [20:44] | Are we clear? | 明白了吗? | 
| [20:47] | Ask your questions. | 你接着问吧 | 
| [20:49] | DOLE: I didn’t know who it was. | 我不知道是谁 | 
| [20:50] | My door doesn’t have a peep hole. | 我家的门没有猫眼 | 
| [20:52] | And you just opened it? | 你就那么开了门? | 
| [20:53] | Look, it ran through my mind | 听我说,我脑子里闪了一下是他的念头 | 
| [20:56] | it could be him. | 听我说,我脑子里闪了一下是他的念头 | 
| [20:58] | I thought the likelihood is, it isn’t, | 我没有认为可能是他 | 
| [21:01] | but I thought it could be. | 但我想过可能是他 | 
| [21:03] | But I wasn’t gonna spend the rest of my life | 我不想我余下的一生中都不敢去打开前门 | 
| [21:05] | afraid to open my front door, | 我不想我余下的一生中都不敢去打开前门 | 
| [21:06] | so I opened it, | 所以我去开了门 | 
| [21:07] | and when it was him, I just backed up, | 但当确实是他时,我只是往后退 | 
| [21:10] | and I called Bobby, and I called the police. | 我喊了Bobby,然后我打电话报警 | 
| [21:12] | Right away. | 马上? | 
| [21:13] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [21:15] | Where was Bobby? | Bobby在哪儿? | 
| [21:16] | I was in the bedroom checking on our son. | 我在卧室里看看我们的儿子 | 
| [21:19] | When she screamed, I ran out. | 她一喊,我就跑出去 | 
| [21:21] | O’Malley was there. | O’Malley就在那儿 | 
| [21:23] | In the house. | 在房子里? | 
| [21:24] | Just inside the front door, yes. | 对,就在前门里面一点 | 
| [21:26] | What was Lindsay doing? | Lindsay在干什么? | 
| [21:27] | She was calling the police. | 她在报警 | 
| [21:29] | DETECTIVE: And Mr. O’Malley, he was just standing there? | O’Malley先生,他就站在那里? | 
| [21:32] | DOLE: He was saying, | 他在说 | 
| [21:33] | “Why did you betray me, Clarice?” | “你为什么背叛我,Clarice?” | 
| [21:35] | Bobby kept telling him to get out, | Bobby一直在让他出去 | 
| [21:36] | threatened to throw him out, | 威胁说要把他扔出去 | 
| [21:38] | and that’s when he threatened Bobby. | 那时他也威胁Bobby | 
| [21:39] | What’d he say to Bobby? | 他对Bobby说什么了? | 
| [21:41] | He just looked at me and said, | 他盯着我说 | 
| [21:43] | “You might get hurt.” | “你会受伤的” | 
| [21:46] | It was at this point | 在那一刻 | 
| [21:48] | his other persona | 他的另一重人格 | 
| [21:49] | seemed to come out. | 似乎展现出来了 | 
| [21:51] | How could you tell? | 你怎么知道? | 
| [21:52] | He just suddenly looked mad, crazy. | 他突然看起来气愤,疯狂 | 
| [21:56] | Bobby kept going “Who are you? Who are you?” | Bobby一直问“你是谁,你是谁?” | 
| [22:00] | Then he looks at me. | 然后他看着我 | 
| [22:01] | Bobby. | Bobby吗? | 
| [22:02] | DOLE: No, O’Malley, | 不,是O’Malley | 
| [22:03] | and he said, “You’re going to heaven. | 他说到,“你要去天堂了 | 
| [22:06] | I’m taking you to heaven.” | 我要带你去天堂” | 
| [22:09] | It looked like he planned to kill me right then. | 那看起来是他打算立刻杀了我 | 
| [22:11] | And what happened? | 然后呢? | 
| [22:13] | That’s the last thing I really remember. | 我真正记得的最后一件事就是 | 
| [22:16] | I heard Bobby calling the police | 我听到Bobby在打电话报警 | 
| [22:17] | saying a man had been shot, | 说有一个人中枪了 | 
| [22:20] | And I thought to myself, | 我对自己说 | 
| [22:23] | “Oh, my God. | “噢,天哪 | 
| [22:24] | Maybe it was me who shot him.” | 是我开枪打了他” | 
| [22:32] | Come on, I nailed it. | 哈,我搞定了 | 
| [22:34] | Give it up. | 来鼓个掌吧 | 
| [22:35] | WASHINGTON: You didn’t nail it, Rodney. | Rodney,你没有搞定 | 
| [22:36] | That testimony was laughable. | 你那些证言荒唐可笑 | 
| [22:38] | You think the jury’s gonna believe | 你以为陪审团会相信 | 
| [22:39] | you just happened upon her being hit with a hammer? | 你是刚巧碰到她正被人拿锤子砸脑袋? | 
| [22:41] | Reasonable doubt. | 合理怀疑嘛 | 
| [22:42] | WASHINGTON: You need to think seriously | 你需要认真考虑 | 
| [22:45] | about taking manslaughter | 接受过失杀人的认罪条件。 | 
| [22:46] | because that little performance– | 因为你那不怎么样的表演。。。 | 
| [22:47] | They have no body. | 他们没有尸体 | 
| [22:48] | They got no witnesses to contradict me. | 他们也没有证人反驳我的说法 | 
| [22:50] | That is reasonable doubt, | 那是有合理怀疑的 | 
| [22:52] | and you argue it, you got that? | 你就提出这一点,明白吗? | 
| [22:53] | I don’t have to do anything. | 我没必要听你的 | 
| [23:00] | Look… | 听着。。。 | 
| [23:01] | you don’t make a good impression, Rodney. | 你没给人留下好印象,Rodney | 
| [23:04] | You just came off not only as if you’re lying | 你表现得不只是在说谎 | 
| [23:06] | but as if you don’t care. | 而且也毫不在乎 | 
| [23:09] | Her parents are sitting in that courtroom. | 她的双亲就坐在法庭上 | 
| [23:12] | I saw the jury looking at them. | 我看到陪审团在注视他们 | 
| [23:13] | I saw the jury looking at you. | 我看到陪审团也在注视你 | 
| [23:16] | They are looking at you with contempt. | 他们是带着轻蔑看着你的 | 
| [23:19] | Now, you need to get your mind off your penis | 现在,你需要把你的注意力从你小鸡鸡上移开 | 
| [23:21] | and start thinking about your neck, | 开始想想你的小命儿吧 | 
| [23:22] | because in my professional opinion, | 因为以我个人的看法 | 
| [23:24] | you are looking at murder one, | 你会被判一级谋杀罪的 | 
| [23:28] | life in prison. | 终身监禁 | 
| [23:32] | Try to get that. | 要弄明白这点。 | 
| [23:46] | YOUNG: Preliminary forensics puts you | 初步的法医结论是你当时位于Lindsay和O’Malley之间 | 
| [23:47] | between Lindsay and O’Malley. | 初步的法医结论是你当时位于Lindsay和O’Malley之间 | 
| [23:49] | I didn’t deny that. Did you? | 我没有否认这一点,你呢? | 
| [23:50] | I didn’t even talk about where you were. | 我甚至都没有提到这个 | 
| [23:52] | FRUTT: They also show he wasn’t moving forward. | 他们也证明他没有向前移动 | 
| [23:56] | Are they going to file? | 他们要起诉吗? | 
| [23:58] | They’re giving us no indication, | 他们没有表明有这种迹象 | 
| [23:59] | but if it looks that way, | 但如果是那样的话 | 
| [24:01] | I’d like to surrender you down there. | 我想让你去警局投案 | 
| [24:02] | The press is all over our building. | 咱们这里全是媒体 | 
| [24:04] | How could they make a case? | 他们怎么能立案呢? | 
| [24:06] | The guy was a cannibal. | 那家伙是个食人族呀 | 
| [24:07] | The sticking point is he wasn’t armed. | 关键在于他没有持械 | 
| [24:11] | HATCHER: Rebecca, this tape came for you. | Rebecca,这盘录像带是给你的 | 
| [24:13] | What tape? | 什么录像带? | 
| [24:14] | (sighs) There was no note. | 没有便条 | 
| [24:15] | It was just delivered. | 就这样送过来的 | 
| [24:17] | Should I pop it in? | 我该放进去看看吗? | 
| [24:32] | My name is Nancy Connell. | 我叫Nancy Connell | 
| [24:36] | I’m being held. | 我被绑架了 | 
| [24:41] | The date is May 10th, 2002. | 日期是2002年5月10日 | 
| [24:45] | Here’s a copy of today’s paper. | 这是今天的报纸 | 
| [24:49] | Please help me. | 帮帮我 | 
| [24:53] | Please. | 求求了 | 
| [24:56] | Please. | 求求了 | 
| [25:04] | Who was that? | 这谁呀? | 
| [25:06] | It’s the victim from my murder trial. | 这是我办的那个谋杀案的受害者 | 
| [25:11] | Victim? She’s alive. | 受害者?可她还活着呀 | 
| [25:15] | I see that, Lucy. | 我看到了,Lucy | 
| [25:27] | Lindsay Dole? | |
| [25:29] | Let us surrender her. | 让她去自首好吗 | 
| [25:30] | I wish I could. | 恕难从命 | 
| [25:31] | Walsh ordered me to take her here. | Walsh命令我在这儿逮捕她 | 
| [25:32] | Oh, come on. | 噢,别这样 | 
| [25:33] | Please place your hands behind your back. | 请把双手背到后面去 | 
| [25:34] | Bobby… | |
| [25:35] | I’m coming with you. | 我和你一起去 | 
| [25:36] | McGUIRE: Lindsay Dole, you’re under arrest | Lindsay Dole,你因谋杀Lawrence O’Malley而被捕 | 
| [25:38] | for the murder of Lawrence O’Malley. | Lindsay Dole,你因谋杀Lawrence O’Malley而被捕 | 
| [25:41] | You have the right to remain silent… | 你有权保持沉默。。。 | 
| [25:43] | You say absolutely nothing. | 你什么也别说 | 
| [25:44] | All talking stops. | 停止一切谈话 | 
| [25:46] | I need to take care of a few things here. | 我需要在这儿处理几件事 | 
| [25:47] | Then I’ll be down there. | 然后我就跟去 | 
| [25:50] | Do you understand these rights | 你明白这些我向你宣读的权利吗? | 
| [25:51] | as I read them to you? | 你明白这些我向你宣读的权利吗? | 
| [26:10] | NANCY (over TV): The date is May 10th, 2002. | 日期是2002年5月10日 | 
| [26:14] | Here’s a copy of today’s paper. | 这是今天的报纸 | 
| [26:18] | Please help me. | 请救救我 | 
| [26:20] | This came to you when? | 什么时候送给你的? | 
| [26:22] | Either late last night or early this morning, | 不是昨晚很晚的时候就是今早 | 
| [26:24] | left at the door. | 扔在门口 | 
| [26:25] | And you don’t know who delivered it? | 你不知道谁送给你的? | 
| [26:27] | WASHINGTON: No. | 不知道 | 
| [26:30] | Obviously, you have to dismiss, Helen. | 显然,你不得不撤案了,Helen | 
| [26:31] | There’s been no murder. | 不存在什么谋杀 | 
| [26:34] | I’ll show it to the parents to confirm it’s her. | 我会给她的父母看看以确定是她 | 
| [26:38] | Have you talked to your client yet? | 你还没和你的当事人说这事吗? | 
| [26:39] | He hasn’t arrived from jail yet. | 他还没从监狱押解过来呢 | 
| [26:41] | The transport’s due, well, now. | 按押送计划,呃,就是现在 | 
| [26:43] | All right, when he gets here, | 那好吧,他来这后 | 
| [26:44] | tell him the murder charges will be dropped. | 告诉他谋杀指控会被撤销 | 
| [26:47] | He’ll be re-arrested for kidnapping, | 他会被因绑架而再次被逮捕 | 
| [26:48] | and I’m adding a torture charge. | 我还会加一条酷刑罪指控 | 
| [26:50] | Looking at the same life sentence. | 同样是面临终身监禁的量刑 | 
| [26:53] | I’ll drop the torture charge | 如果他说出她的下落 | 
| [26:54] | if he tells us where she is. | 我会撤销酷刑罪指控 | 
| [27:01] | Rebecca… | |
| [27:04] | how is she? | 她情况如何? | 
| [27:07] | How would you be? | 换了你会怎么样 | 
| [27:31] | MAN: Commonwealth versus Lindsay Dole, | 马萨诸塞州诉Lindsay Dole | 
| [27:33] | murder in the second degree. | 二级谋杀罪 | 
| [27:35] | YOUNG: Eugene Young for the defendant. | Eugene Young为被告辩护 | 
| [27:36] | We waive reading, enter a plea of not guilty | 放弃宣读权力,以无罪辩诉 | 
| [27:39] | and ask that the defendant be released | 并要求具结释放(无需缴纳保证金的自签担保释放) | 
| [27:40] | on her own recognizance. | 并要求具结释放(无需缴纳保证金的自签担保释放) | 
| [27:41] | WALSH: Kenneth Walsh for the Commonwealth. | Kenneth Walsh代表控方 | 
| [27:43] | We do not oppose bail, | 我们不反对保释 | 
| [27:45] | but we would seek to have the firm of Donnell-Young | 但我们要求取消Donnell-Young事务所代理告的资格 | 
| [27:47] | disqualified from representing the defendant. | 但我们要求取消Donnell-Young事务所代理告的资格 | 
| [27:49] | They are potential witnesses. | 他们是潜在的证人 | 
| [27:51] | YOUNG: The only potential witness would be Robert Donnell, | 唯一可能的证人是Robert Donnell | 
| [27:53] | who cannot be forced to testify against his wife. | 而他不能被强迫作证来指证他的妻子 | 
| [27:55] | Is counsel representing to the court | 你是在对法庭表明Donnell先生不会出庭作证吗? | 
| [27:57] | that Mr. Donnell will not testify? | 你是在对法庭表明Donnell先生不会出庭作证吗? | 
| [27:59] | We are making no representations to the court. | 我们没有向法庭表明什么 | 
| [28:01] | In which case, I renew my motion | 这样的话,我重新提出 | 
| [28:03] | to have this firm disqualified. | 取消这家事务所代理资格的动议 | 
| [28:05] | YOUNG: Any such motion would be premature | 在传讯中提出任何这类的动议都为时过早 | 
| [28:06] | at an arraignment. | 在传讯中提出任何这类的动议都为时过早 | 
| [28:07] | I’d ask the court to give Ms. Dole time | 我请求法庭给Dole女士一些时间 | 
| [28:09] | to weigh how she wants to proceed. | 来斟酌如何处理 | 
| [28:11] | I won’t rule for now, | 我不会马上做出裁定 | 
| [28:13] | but, Mr. Young, I highly recommend another firm. | 但Young先生,我强烈推荐由另一家事务所来代理 | 
| [28:17] | YOUNG: We’d also be seeking an immediate trial date. | 我们还要求安排最近的开庭审理日期 | 
| [28:19] | Ms. Dole is a respected lawyer in the community | Dole女士是社区里一位受人尊敬的律师 | 
| [28:21] | and we do not want these baseless charges | 我们不希望这些毫无根据的指控 | 
| [28:23] | hanging over her in perpetuity. | 永远缠着她 | 
| [28:24] | Commonwealth can be ready in a month. | 控方可以在一个月内准备完毕 | 
| [28:27] | WEST: Trial date is set for June 23rd. | 开庭日期定于6月23日 | 
| [28:31] | Anything else? | 还有别的事吗? | 
| [28:33] | The defendant is released on $200,000 bail. | 被告在缴纳20万保释金后予以释放 | 
| [28:36] | Adjourned. | 休庭 | 
| [28:43] | YOUNG: Get her out the back. | 带她走后门出去 | 
| [28:52] | Don’t they have to let me go? | 他们难道不是必须要释放我吗? | 
| [28:54] | No, they’re filing kidnapping charges. | 不是,他们提出了绑架罪指控 | 
| [28:55] | EDSEL: Hold on. I maybe never went to law school– | 等等。我可能从没上过法学院。。。 | 
| [28:58] | Funny, I thought you did. | 真搞笑,我以为你上过呢 | 
| [29:00] | But my friends say that kidnapping | 但我朋友说绑架罪 | 
| [29:03] | would be what they call a lesser included offense, | 应该属于“必然包括罪行” (这个法律术语指的是这样一种情况, 即如果不犯下一个较小的罪行,就不可能犯下更大的罪行。) | 
| [29:05] | which double jeopardy counts for that, too. | 一罪不二审原则也适用于这样的情况 | 
| [29:07] | The kidnapping is ongoing, Rodney. | Rodney,可这个绑架罪行正在进行中 | 
| [29:09] | They can file for as long as you have her. | 在你实施绑架期间,他们能对此起诉 | 
| [29:11] | EDSEL: Well, I don’t have her. | 那好,我没绑架她 | 
| [29:12] | WASHINGTON: Then, who does? | 那么,是谁呢? | 
| [29:13] | How do I know? | 我怎么知道? | 
| [29:14] | Maybe the man with the hammer came back. | 没准儿拿锤子的那个人又回来了 | 
| [29:15] | Well, it’s unfortunate you don’t have her | 那么,你没有绑架她真是倒霉了 | 
| [29:17] | because she’s your only ticket out. | 因为她是唯一能让你脱身的 | 
| [29:19] | You are facing kidnapping and torture. | 你面临着绑架罪和酷刑罪的指控 | 
| [29:21] | You’re looking at life, and they will get you on it. | 你面临着终身监禁,而且他们会做到的 | 
| [29:23] | Oh, really? Gee, | 噢,真的吗?哇 | 
| [29:25] | and you’ve been so encouraging up till now. | 你到现在一直都说得那么邪乎 | 
| [29:27] | You listen to me. | 你听好了 | 
| [29:31] | It’s time for you to get on my side. | 你该站到我这边儿了 | 
| [29:33] | Fire me any time. | 想解雇我随你便 | 
| [29:38] | The deal is this… | 交易的条件是。。。 | 
| [29:40] | I walk free and clear, | 要么我啥事也没有 | 
| [29:43] | or I don’t help with that girl. | 要么我就不管那个女孩 | 
| [29:46] | They’re not going to let you out. | 他们不会放过你的 | 
| [29:53] | Well, you know what? | 好啊,知道不? | 
| [29:55] | I can survive prison. | 我能熬过坐牢 | 
| [29:59] | I can live there just fine. | 我能好好地活下来 | 
| [30:03] | Now, where Nancy Connell is, | 现在,Nancy Connell在哪儿 | 
| [30:07] | who knows whether she can live fine… | 天知道她是不是还活着。。。 | 
| [30:09] | or not… | 天知道她是不是还活着。。。 | 
| [30:13] | or for how long. | 或者能活多久 | 
| [30:25] | YOUNG: The hurdle we face is whether the judge | 我们面临的阻碍是 | 
| [30:27] | will even allow us to argue self-defense. | 法官是否会允许我们用正当防卫来辩护 | 
| [30:29] | What? | 什么? | 
| [30:31] | FRUTT: This is just like the Pearson case, Lindsay. | 这正如同Pearson那个案子,Lindsay | 
| [30:33] | That was a wrong ruling. | 那个裁定是错误的 | 
| [30:34] | Even so, we need to brief it and prepare, | 即便如此,我们还是需要做些准备 | 
| [30:36] | because if we can’t argue justifiable use of force, | 因为如果我们不能论证使用武力的合理性 | 
| [30:39] | that leaves us with diminished capacity. | 就只剩下采用精神失常的辩护理由了 | 
| [30:41] | What about mistaken self-defense? | 提出误用正当防卫的辩护理由呢? | 
| [30:43] | FRUTT: That helps with the first gunshot, | 那可以解释第一枪 | 
| [30:44] | but the second two, | 但后面两枪 | 
| [30:46] | I’m more comfortable with diminished capacity. | 我更倾向于使用精神失常的辩护理由 | 
| [30:49] | The fact that you can’t remember | 你记不得扣动扳机的这个实际情况。。。 | 
| [30:50] | pulling the trigger– | 你记不得扣动扳机的这个实际情况。。。 | 
| [30:52] | what did the doctor call it? | 医生怎么称呼这种现象? | 
| [30:53] | Psychological Amnesia. | 精神性失忆症 | 
| [30:55] | That may be the way to go. | 可能这就是我们的辩护策略 | 
| [30:56] | YOUNG: We need to start lining up | 我们现在需要开始整理和准备我们的医学方面的证词 | 
| [30:57] | and preparing our medical testimony now. | 我们现在需要开始整理和准备我们的医学方面的证词 | 
| [30:59] | We should also hire our own forensics team. | 我们也应该雇用自己的法医团队 | 
| [31:01] | If we could at least make the argument | 如果我们至少能对他是否向你靠近这一点进行辩论 | 
| [31:03] | that he was leaning towards you, that’ll help. | 那就会有些作用 | 
| [31:08] | Bobby, wait. | Bobby,等一下 | 
| [31:10] | Before you go, | 你走之前 | 
| [31:11] | I don’t see how you don’t testify. | 我看不出你怎么才能不作证 | 
| [31:13] | The jury will wonder if you don’t. | 如果你不作证,陪审团会很诧异 | 
| [31:15] | Which means we might get bounced off the case. | 可他作证就意味着我们会被取消辩护资格 | 
| [31:17] | YOUNG: We need to prepare a list of lawyers | 我们需要准备一份我们认为能处理此案的律师名单 | 
| [31:19] | who we think can handle this. | 我们需要准备一份我们认为能处理此案的律师名单 | 
| [31:21] | I want us doing it. | 我希望我们自己做 | 
| [31:22] | We may not be allowed to do it. | 法庭可能不会允许我们来做 | 
| [31:23] | Let’s fight that one first. | 让我们首先争取到这一点 | 
| [31:25] | I want us doing this case. | 我希望我们自己来辩护 | 
| [31:49] | We’ll get through this. | 我们会挺过去的 | 
| [31:52] | We? | 我们? | 
| [31:53] | I’m the one they arrested, Bobby. | Bobby,我才是那个被逮捕的人 | 
| [31:55] | I didn’t see you wearing handcuffs today. | 今天戴上手铐的又不是你 | 
| [31:58] | You don’t think this involves me, Lindsay? | 你觉得我没有卷进去吗,Lindsay? | 
| [32:00] | Not enough, it doesn’t. | 还不够,不算是 | 
| [32:01] | What does that mean? | 你这是什么意思? | 
| [32:02] | It means I feel alone, Bobby, | 我的意思是我感到孤独,Bobby | 
| [32:04] | like I’m always– | 就像我一贯的那样。。。 | 
| [32:06] | I was alone when I got stabbed, | 我被刺的那时是孤独的, | 
| [32:08] | then Hinks, now here. | 然后是Hnks那事,现在也是 | 
| [32:10] | I don’t feel like you’re ever with me, Bobby, | 我感觉不到你和我在一起,Bobby | 
| [32:13] | that you understand what I am going through | 你明白我将要经历什么 | 
| [32:15] | or that you care to, and I– | 或者你想做什么,而我。。。 | 
| [32:17] | this is too much for me to take on alone. | 我一个人实在承受不了 | 
| [32:19] | I’m sick of it. | 我受够了 | 
| [32:21] | You know what I’m sick of? | 你知道我受够了什么吗? | 
| [32:22] | I’m sick of you isolating yourself | 我受够了你自己孤立自己 | 
| [32:23] | only to declare you’re alone. | 反而说自己感到孤独 | 
| [32:26] | Let me tell you something, | 让我来告诉你 | 
| [32:26] | Get out. | 滚吧你 | 
| [32:27] | You acted alone here. | 这件事你擅自行动 | 
| [32:29] | You pulled that trigger alone. | 你擅自扣动扳机 | 
| [32:31] | And now my son is faced with losing his mother. | 而现在你的儿子可能会失去母亲 | 
| [32:35] | Get the hell out. | 你给我滚出去 | 
| [32:36] | You don’t think I’m in this? | 你觉得这与我无关吗? | 
| [32:37] | Leave me alone. | 让我自己呆着 | 
| [32:39] | Fine. Be alone. | 随你便 | 
| [32:57] | He says if he’s not given his freedom, | 他说如果不释放他的话 | 
| [33:00] | he won’t reveal where Nancy Connell is. | 他就不会说出Nancy Connell在哪儿 | 
| [33:03] | Helen, I believe him. | Helen,我相信他会这么做 | 
| [33:06] | I can’t let him walk. | 我不能放过他 | 
| [33:11] | Is it considered privileged who his friends are? | 他的朋友是谁,这个算是受保密特权限制的吗? | 
| [33:16] | Look, somebody has her. | 听着,有人控制着她 | 
| [33:18] | Somebody made that tape. | 有人录了那段录像 | 
| [33:21] | I’ve heard him speak of this one friend he has, | 我听到他说起他有一个朋友 | 
| [33:23] | only friend I’m aware he has. | 我想是他唯一的朋友 | 
| [33:26] | If it’s an ongoing case, | 如果这是在进行中的 | 
| [33:28] | you have discretion to blow the privilege. | 你有取消这个保密特权的自行决定权 | 
| [33:34] | What’s his name? | 他的名字? | 
| [33:38] | Rebecca… | |
| [33:40] | she could be dying. | 她可能快死了 | 
| [33:48] | Walter Errol. | 他叫Walter Errol | 
| [33:51] | This is his address. | 这是他的住址 | 
| [33:57] | If that favor is to count for anything, Helen. | 如果这个帮助能换来点什么的话,Helen | 
| [34:03] | Please let it count for Lindsay. | 请用于去帮助Lindsay吧 | 
| [34:16] | GAMBLE: Personally, I think it is a mistake | 就我个人意见,我认为你代理她的案子是个错误 | 
| [34:18] | for you to represent her. | 就我个人意见,我认为你代理她的案子是个错误 | 
| [34:20] | DONNELL: It wouldn’t be me. | 不会是我去代理 | 
| [34:21] | GAMBLE: I mean your firm, Bobby. | 我是说你们事务所,Bobby | 
| [34:23] | You’re too close, let alone all the conflicts. | 你们关系太近了,更别说所有这些利益冲突了 | 
| [34:26] | Name another lawyer who would be better? | 说一个能做得更好的律师出来? | 
| [34:28] | Something tells me that isn’t | 我觉得你来这儿不是讨论这件事的 | 
| [34:30] | what you came here to discuss. | 我觉得你来这儿不是讨论这件事的 | 
| [34:36] | No. | 不是 | 
| [34:40] | Remember when you came to see Lindsay and me | 还记得当你来看我和Lindsay时 | 
| [34:41] | about possibly entrapping O’Malley | 谈及设下圈套诱捕O’Malley | 
| [34:44] | or getting him committed civilly? | 或者将其民事拘押的事吗? | 
| [34:48] | Lindsay said something at the end of the meeting. | 在最后,Lindsay说了些话 | 
| [34:50] | I’m not sure you’d even remember. | 我不确定你还记得 | 
| [34:54] | “If he resists, shoot him.” | “如果他拘捕,就毙了他” | 
| [34:58] | You remember. | 你记得 | 
| [35:00] | Actually– | 实际上。。。 | 
| [35:05] | I forgot. | 我忘了 | 
| [35:08] | Have you told anybody what you forgot? | 你和别人说过那些你忘记的话了吗? | 
| [35:13] | No. | 没有 | 
| [35:18] | GAMBLE: Helen Gamble. | 我是Helen Gamble | 
| [35:21] | What? | 什么? | 
| [35:25] | Dead? | 死了? | 
| [35:26] | They showed up at his apartment. | 警方在他的公寓一露面 | 
| [35:27] | Evidently, he pulled a gun on them. | 据说是他冲他们拔出枪 | 
| [35:30] | The police opened fire. | 警察就开枪了 | 
| [35:32] | He was killed almost instantly. | 他几乎是当即被击毙了 | 
| [35:33] | You were only supposed to question him. | 你们应该只是讯问他呀 | 
| [35:35] | GAMBLE: Rebecca… | |
| [35:36] | You just shoot him? | 你们就开枪杀了他? | 
| [35:37] | He pulled a gun on them. | 他冲着警察拔出枪了 | 
| [35:39] | Oh, my God. | 噢,天啊 | 
| [35:40] | GAMBLE: Look, the media… | 听着,媒体。。。 | 
| [35:42] | is onto the connection with Nancy Connell. | 把这事和Nancy Connell的案子联系到一起了 | 
| [35:44] | I will talk to the parents about that, but… | 我要和她的父母谈一下,但是。。。 | 
| [35:47] | bottom line, your client is back | 最重要的是,你的当事人又成为唯一一个 | 
| [35:49] | to being the only one with information | 知道Nancy Connell可能在哪儿的人了 | 
| [35:51] | on where she might be. | 知道Nancy Connell可能在哪儿的人了 | 
| [35:52] | Like he’s really gonna help now. | 说的好像现在他真的会帮忙似的 | 
| [35:54] | He had one friend in life. | 他这辈子就一个朋友 | 
| [35:55] | You shot him. | 而你杀了他 | 
| [35:56] | I wanna meet with him. | 我会去和他谈 | 
| [35:58] | It won’t do any good, Helen. | 这没一点用处,Helen | 
| [35:59] | I have nothing to lose. | 反正我也没什么损失 | 
| [36:02] | MAN: There they are. MAN: Mr. Donnell, could you… | 他们在那儿,Donnell先生,你能。。。 | 
| [36:05] | WOMAN: Eugene. Eugene. Can you give me a statement? | Eugene. Eugene,能跟我们说说情况吗? | 
| [36:09] | MAN: Bobby, will you be testifying? | Bobby,你会出庭作证吗? | 
| [36:11] | The only reason Mr. Young | Young先生希望由他的事务所 | 
| [36:13] | wants his firm to represent the defendant | 来做被告代理的唯一原因 | 
| [36:15] | is because it curtails our investigation. | 是这样可以阻碍我们的调查 | 
| [36:17] | YOUNG: Not true. There are people | – 并非如此 – 我们想约谈一些Donnell-Young事务所的人 | 
| [36:18] | we’d like to interview at Donnell-Young, | – 并非如此 – 我们想约谈一些Donnell-Young事务所的人 | 
| [36:20] | and now we’re cut off because– | 而现在我们无法。。。 | 
| [36:21] | You already interviewed Bobby Donnell. | 你已经约谈了Bobby Donnell | 
| [36:23] | There are others. YOUNG: Look, | – 还有其他人 – 要知道 | 
| [36:25] | we’re not going to impede the investigation, | 我们不会妨碍调查 | 
| [36:27] | but Lindsay Dole should be able to have the lawyer she wants. | 但Lindsay Dole应该能得到她希望得到的律师 | 
| [36:30] | Her life is on the line. | 她现在岌岌可危 | 
| [36:32] | The benefit of the doubt has to cut in favor | 疑罪从无原则必须要有利于被告 | 
| [36:34] | of the defendant here. | 疑罪从无原则必须要有利于被告 | 
| [36:35] | Who else do you wanna talk to? | 你们还想约谈谁? | 
| [36:36] | Everybody. | 都要约谈 | 
| [36:37] | They were with her all day long. | 他们和被告整天在一起 | 
| [36:40] | They may be able to inform on her state of mind. | 他们也许能揭示出她的心理状态 | 
| [36:44] | Mr. Young, if I’m to allow you to represent her, | Young先生,如果我允许你们代理被告 | 
| [36:47] | you can’t use that as a shield. | 你们不能借此当成挡箭牌 | 
| [36:49] | You’re to make available everybody in your firm. | 你要让你们事务所的所有人随叫随到 | 
| [36:52] | We will. | 我们会的 | 
| [36:54] | WEST: Ms. Dole, | Dole女士 | 
| [36:55] | you’re sure you want your own people defending you here? | 你确定你是希望你们的人为你在本案辩护吗? | 
| [36:58] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人 | 
| [37:01] | Very well. | 很好 | 
| [37:02] | Do we have anything else? | 还有别的议题吗? | 
| [37:03] | We do. We’d like to enter our defense. | 我们想提出我们的辩护理由 | 
| [37:05] | I would ask the court to deny self-defense | 我要求法庭否决正当防卫的辩护理由 | 
| [37:07] | since there’s no basis. | 因为这缺乏依据 | 
| [37:09] | YOUNG: Why don’t you calm down | 你为什么不冷静下来先听听我们要说什么呢? | 
| [37:10] | and hear what we have to say first? | 你为什么不冷静下来先听听我们要说什么呢? | 
| [37:13] | We’re not going self-defense, Your Honor. | 法官大人,我们不是要提出正当防卫 | 
| [37:16] | We’re pleading not guilty | 我们依据受虐妇女综合症的理由提出无罪辩诉 | 
| [37:17] | relying on Battered-woman Syndrome. | 我们依据受虐妇女综合症的理由提出无罪辩诉 | 
| [37:20] | What? | 你说什么? | 
| [37:24] | We so enter it for the record. | 我们就此呈交供记录在案 | 
| [37:33] | MAN: Why Battered-woman Syndrome? | 为什么是受虐妇女综合症? | 
| [37:35] | MAN: Why not self-defense? | 为什么不用正当防卫? | 
| [37:44] | Get out of my face. | 滚开,别烦我 | 
| [37:46] | I’m in your face, Rodney, | 我在你面前,Rodney | 
| [37:47] | and I’m gonna stay in your face | 我会一直盯着你 | 
| [37:49] | until you tell us where Nancy Connell is. | 直到你告诉我Nancy Connell在哪儿 | 
| [37:51] | Hey, you’re the murderer. I haven’t– | 嘿,你是杀人犯,我不。。。 | 
| [37:53] | You tell us where she is, | 你告诉我们她在哪儿 | 
| [37:55] | you eventually get released. | 你最终会被释放的 | 
| [37:57] | Get this bitch out of here. | 让这婊子滚蛋 | 
| [38:02] | GAMBLE: I just issued this little press release, | 我刚签发了这份新闻稿 | 
| [38:05] | and I let it slip… | 我无意中透露。。。 | 
| [38:08] | that you’re a suspected pedophile. | 你是个恋童癖嫌犯 | 
| [38:13] | That’ll crimp the quality of life, won’t it, Rodney? | 那会影响你的监狱生活品质吧,不是吗,Rodney? | 
| [38:16] | How long you think you’ll live in prison now? | 你觉得这样你在监狱里能活多久? | 
| [38:19] | You can’t do this. | 你不能这样干 | 
| [38:20] | You can’t hang no molester jacket on me. | 你不能给我安上儿童性骚扰的恶名 | 
| [38:22] | I already did. | 我已经做了 | 
| [38:25] | I put a clock on you. | 我给你定下一个时限了 | 
| [38:29] | You’re a dead man, Rodney. | 你死定了,Rodney | 
| [38:39] | EDSEL: She can’t do that, can she? | 她不能这样,能吗? | 
| [38:41] | Just say I’m a pedophile? | 就说我是个恋童癖? | 
| [38:42] | Well, what are you gonna do, | 那你打算怎么做 | 
| [38:43] | sue her for defamation of character? | 控告她诽谤你的人格? | 
| [38:45] | Tell her where the girl is, Rodney. | Rodney,告诉她那女孩在哪儿吧 | 
| [38:47] | I’ll make the best deal I can. | 我会尽力争取到最好的交易条件 | 
| [38:50] | How’d they know about Walter? | 他们怎么知道Walter的? | 
| [38:54] | You told ’em, didn’t you? | 你告诉他们的,不是吗? | 
| [38:56] | No, I didn’t. | 不是,我没有 | 
| [38:57] | Well, let me tell you, Rebecca, | 那好,我告诉你,Rebecca | 
| [39:00] | you just made me more valuable. | 你让我变得更重要了 | 
| [39:03] | Besides me, Walter was the only person | 除了我,Walter是唯一知道她的下落的人 | 
| [39:04] | who knew her whereabouts. | 除了我,Walter是唯一知道她的下落的人 | 
| [39:06] | They need me now or that girl dies. | 他们现在需要我,否则那妞就死定了 | 
| [39:08] | Rodney– | |
| [39:09] | You get me out of here, Rebecca. | Rebecca,把我弄出去 | 
| [39:12] | WASHINGTON: Guards. You had him killed. | – 警卫 – 你把他害死了 | 
| [39:13] | WASHINGTON: Guards. | 警卫 | 
| [39:13] | EDSEL: You had him killed. | 你害死了他 | 
| [39:15] | You make that deal. | 你去给我搞定 | 
| [39:16] | I know you had him killed. | 我知道你害死了他 | 
| [39:19] | I’m saying nothing, Rebecca. | Rebecca,我什么也不说的 | 
| [39:21] | You make that deal. | 你去给我搞定 | 
| [39:22] | You hear me? | 听到我说的了吗? | 
| [39:23] | You make that deal. | 你去搞定 | 
| [39:53] | When I was up on murder, | 当我被控谋杀时 | 
| [39:55] | did I take it out on you? | 我是不是拿你出气了? | 
| [40:03] | You got to know I’m here for you. | 你要知道我永远和你站在一起 | 
| [40:07] | I’m right here. | 我就在这儿 | 
| [40:10] | No matter what. | 不管怎么样 | 
| [40:14] | You got to know that. | 你必须要知道这一点 | 
| [40:17] | I do. | 我知道的 | 
| [40:24] | I’m scared. | 我有些害怕 | 
| [40:28] | I’ve been in such disbelief, | 我一直很不相信他们证据不足 | 
| [40:31] | saying they’ve got no case, | 我一直很不相信他们证据不足 | 
| [40:35] | but what terrifies me, | 令我害怕的是 | 
| [40:39] | I think they do. | 我认为他们有足够的证据 | 
| [40:42] | We’re not going to lose. | 我们不会输的 | 
| [40:46] | The day you hired me, | 你雇我的那天 | 
| [40:48] | you said never promise a result to a client. | 你说过绝对不要向一个当事人做出承诺 | 
| [40:55] | I’m promising this. | 这次我要做出承诺 | 
| [40:59] | We’re not going to lose. | 我们不会输的 | 
| [41:19] | Jimmy and Bec are gonna interview | Jimmy和Bec去和约谈医生并帮他们准备证词 | 
| [41:21] | and prepare the doctors. | Jimmy和Bec去和约谈医生并帮他们准备证词 | 
| [41:22] | They’ll handle the expert testimony. | 他们负责处理专家证词 | 
| [41:24] | I’ll run sort of a command center here. | 我来做诸如掌管一个指挥中心的事 | 
| [41:27] | I’ll probably put Bobby on ballistics. | 我可能会让Bobby负责弹道方面 | 
| [41:29] | I’ll do forensics. | 我还会负责法医方面 | 
| [41:31] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [41:33] | I want you to try the case. | 我想让你负责庭审 | 
| [41:40] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [41:56] | What’s up? | 出什么事了? | 
| [42:02] | Helen, what’s wrong? | Helen,怎么了? | 
| [42:05] | Rodney Edsel was stabbed… | Rodney Edsel被捅了。。。 | 
| [42:07] | 40 minutes ago. | 40分钟前 | 
| [42:11] | He’s dead. | 他死了 | 
| [42:22] | Just like that? | 真没想到 | 
| [42:25] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [42:26] | I never… | 我绝不是。。。 | 
| [42:32] | What happens now? | 现在怎么办? | 
| [42:33] | GAMBLE: I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [42:35] | I’m still getting the details. | 我仍在了解细节情况 | 
| [42:36] | When I learn more, I’ll let you know. | 我知道了后,我会告诉你的 | 
| [42:44] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [42:48] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [43:01] | NANCY (over TV): Here’s a copy of today’s paper. | 这是今天的报纸 | 
| [43:06] | Please help me. | 请救救我 | 
| [43:11] | Please. | 拜托了 | 
| [43:16] | Please. | 拜托了 |