时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | I didn’t know who else to call. | 我不知道还能找谁 |
[00:19] | I think– | 我觉得。。。 |
[00:20] | I think I’m in trouble! | 我觉得我有麻烦了! |
[00:21] | Okay, settle down. | 好了,平静下来 |
[00:22] | BRENDA: I didn’t know who else to call. | 我不知道还能找谁 |
[00:25] | I had wine, | 我喝了红酒 |
[00:26] | and it was raining and– What happened? | – 还下着大雨。。。 – 发生了什么事? |
[00:27] | I just hit the accelerator! | 我只是踩了油门! |
[00:30] | All right, all right. | 好了好了 |
[00:31] | Sit down. | 先坐下 |
[00:33] | Slow down. | 慢点 |
[00:36] | And just tell me what happened, | 告诉我发生了什么 |
[00:38] | and start from the beginning. | 从头开始讲 |
[00:40] | I was driving home from work. | 我下班开车回家 |
[00:42] | It was raining. | 下着大雨 |
[00:43] | And I usually park | 我通常是停在 |
[00:46] | in my driveway, you know, | 我家的车位上的 |
[00:46] | but since it was raining, I– | 但因为下雨,我。。。 |
[00:48] | Slow. | 慢点说 |
[00:59] | Come on, damn it. | 快点,见鬼 |
[01:05] | Hey! Get out of the car! Ah! | 嘿!下车! |
[01:15] | You hit him? | 你撞了他? |
[01:16] | BRENDA: Yes. | 对 |
[01:17] | It was a reflex. | 那是本能反应 |
[01:19] | I saw the gun, and then I just hit | 我看到了枪,然后我就踩了油门 |
[01:20] | the accelerator. | 我看到了枪,然后我就踩了油门 |
[01:21] | Where is he now? | 他现在在哪儿? |
[01:22] | In the garage. | 在车库 |
[01:25] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[01:27] | Did you call the police? No. | – 你报警了吗? – 没有 |
[01:29] | What? | 什么? |
[01:30] | I just called you. | 我只找了你 |
[01:32] | I first thought, “Get him to a hospital.” | 我开始想过“送他去医院” |
[01:35] | So I was trying to get him into the car, | 所以我想把他拉进车里 |
[01:37] | but I could see that he was already dead. | 但是我能看出他已经死了 |
[01:41] | What am I going to do? | 我该怎么办? |
[01:43] | Why haven’t you called the police? | 为什么你还没报警? |
[01:45] | I had some wine | 下班前我喝了些红酒 |
[01:47] | before I left work, | 下班前我喝了些红酒 |
[01:49] | not a lot, but– | 不多,但是。。。 |
[01:51] | Are you sure he’s dead? | 你肯定他死了吗? |
[01:52] | Pretty sure. | 非常肯定 |
[01:54] | Pretty sure? | 非常肯定? |
[01:55] | Where’s the gun? | 枪呢? |
[01:56] | The garage, I guess. | 我猜在车库吧 |
[01:58] | This is way too much guessing, Brenda. | 你这猜得也太多了,Brenda |
[02:25] | Jimmy? | |
[02:29] | Is he dead? | 他死了吗? |
[02:36] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[03:29] | MAN: Here you go. | 这个给你 |
[03:33] | How’d he get in the car? | 他怎么进的车? |
[03:34] | Her first instinct was to get him to a hospital. | 她的第一反应是送他去医院 |
[03:37] | Then she realized he was dead | 然后她意识到他死了 |
[03:39] | and called the police. | 就报警了 |
[03:40] | After she called you. Sorry? | – 在给你打电话后 – 你说什么? |
[03:42] | GAMBLE: Well, you were here before the police, | 你比警察先到这儿 |
[03:44] | so I’m assuming she called you first. | 所以我想她是先给你打的电话 |
[03:46] | BERLUTI: Yeah, she panicked | 对,她很惊慌 |
[03:48] | and called me. | 就给我打电话了 |
[03:54] | They’ll be taking the body out | 他们一会要把尸体抬出来 |
[03:55] | in a few minutes. | 他们一会要把尸体抬出来 |
[03:57] | Then they’ll come in to look around. | 然后他们会进屋里看看 |
[04:01] | Brenda, you okay? | Brenda,你没事吧? |
[04:05] | Is there any chance you could stay here tonight? | 你今晚有可以留在这里吗? |
[04:07] | I am so freaked. | 我真是吓坏了 |
[04:15] | I need this to be | 我需要这事 |
[04:16] | in complete confidence, okay? | 完全保密,可以吗? |
[04:18] | Not that you, uh–God! | 并非是对你,噢,上帝! |
[04:21] | Take it easy. | 放松些 |
[04:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:24] | Um, how do I even start? | 呃,我都不知道怎么说好 |
[04:29] | Margie and I have been having some problems at home. | Margie和我家里出了点麻烦 |
[04:32] | Since when? | 什么时候开始的 |
[04:33] | Some of it is, uh, sexual. | 有些是,呃,性的 |
[04:37] | Well, more specifically, | 呃,具体点说 |
[04:38] | uh, I’ve been having a few performance issues. | 呃,我那方面有些问题 |
[04:42] | I don’t know if it’s related to work or stress or– | 我不知道是不是与工作或者压力大有关 |
[04:46] | Anyway, I read this ridiculous article. | 不管怎样,我读了这篇可笑的文章 |
[04:49] | I put no stock in it, | 我不信这些 |
[04:51] | but I read that men– | 但我读到说男人。。。 |
[04:52] | not transvestites, | 不是说易装癖 |
[04:53] | but regular, | 而是正常的 |
[04:55] | heterosexual men, | 异性恋的男人 |
[04:57] | can sometimes find stimulation | 穿上女人的衣服 |
[05:00] | in wearing women’s clothes. | 有时候会产生性奋 |
[05:05] | My secretary, Paula, | 我的秘书,Paula |
[05:07] | she works out after work | 她下班后去健身 |
[05:08] | and changes at the office, | 她在办公室换衣服 |
[05:09] | leaving her clothes. | 留下了她的衣服 |
[05:12] | Well, last night, | 呃,昨晚 |
[05:14] | I worked late. | 我工作很晚 |
[05:16] | Paula left her bra folded | Paula把胸罩折起来 |
[05:18] | underneath her jeans, | 放到她牛仔裤下面 |
[05:19] | and I, uh, | 我,呃 |
[05:22] | I put it on. | 我穿上了 |
[05:25] | You what? | 你什么? |
[05:26] | I don’t know what came over me. | 我不知道我怎么了 |
[05:27] | I just wanted to see if it all– | 我只是想看看是不是会。。。 |
[05:32] | and then I put my shirt back on | 然后我把衬衫穿上 |
[05:33] | over it since, you know, I didn’t wanna be seen. | 你知道我不想被人看见 |
[05:35] | God forbid someone on the crew. | |
[05:39] | And I got back into my work, | 于是我又去工作了 |
[05:41] | which, you know how enmeshed I get in it. | 你知道我是怎么栽进去的 |
[05:46] | I forgot about it. | 我把这事忘了 |
[05:49] | You forgot about it? | 你忘了? |
[05:51] | HENRY: I went home. | 我回到家 |
[05:52] | I took off my shirt in the bedroom, | 我在卧室里脱掉了衬衫 |
[05:53] | and Margie sees me wearing a bra. | Margie看到我戴着一对儿胸罩 |
[05:56] | She flipped. | 她发火了 |
[05:59] | She thinks I’m having some kinky thing with Paula. | 她认为我和Paula有点事 |
[06:01] | She calls Paula, | 她给Paula打电话 |
[06:02] | tells her I’m wearing her bra. | 告诉她我穿着她的胸罩 |
[06:05] | Now, my wife wants to leave me. | 现在,我妻子想离开我 |
[06:06] | Paula’s suing me for sexual harassment. | Paula起诉我性骚扰 |
[06:15] | So basically, she waited | 总的来说,她是在等着 |
[06:17] | until her blood alcohol dropped. | 她的血液酒精含量下降 |
[06:18] | I think so. | 我觉得是 |
[06:19] | DONNELL: Jimmy, is there any chance | Jimmy,有没有可能 |
[06:20] | this man could have died while she was waiting for– | 这个人是在她等待的时候死的。。。 |
[06:23] | BERLUTI: No. | 不是 |
[06:23] | I know this woman, Bobby. | 我了解这个女人,Bobby |
[06:25] | She would never. | 她绝对不会 |
[06:26] | What do we know about the dead guy? | 对于死者的情况我们了解到些什么? |
[06:27] | Name’s Gerald Hanks, | 他叫Gerald Hanks |
[06:29] | has a record, | 有犯罪记录 |
[06:30] | drug history. | 吸毒历史 |
[06:31] | And what’s your relationship with her? | 你和她什么关系? |
[06:33] | Sorry? | 你说什么? |
[06:34] | Brenda Miller, | |
[06:35] | what’s your relationship with her? | 你和她什么关系? |
[06:37] | Old friend. | 老朋友 |
[06:38] | I was buddies with her big brother. | 我和她哥哥是好朋友 |
[06:40] | I was kind of like a surrogate big brother. | 我有点像她的义兄 |
[06:48] | Jimmy. | |
[06:50] | What’s the matter? | 怎么回事? |
[06:53] | How soon before the police | 你昨晚比警察 |
[06:55] | did you get there last night? | 早到那里多久? |
[06:56] | I don’t know. Not too much sooner. | 我说不清,不是很久 |
[06:58] | Why? You wouldn’t be a witness | – 怎么了? – 你不会作为 |
[07:00] | of any kind, would you? | 任何一种证人,是吗? |
[07:01] | I’m not a witness to anything | 除了我对你说的外 |
[07:03] | except what I told you. | 我不会提供任何证词的 |
[07:04] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[07:06] | The man your client ran over | 那个被你的当事人撞翻在车库的人 |
[07:07] | in her garage, | 那个被你的当事人撞翻在车库的人 |
[07:09] | he had a bullet in his back. | 背上中了一枪 |
[07:11] | What? | 什么? |
[07:13] | Maybe his gun went off when she hit him. | 也许她撞翻他的时候枪走火了 |
[07:16] | GAMBLE: The bullet didn’t match | 子弹不是来自 |
[07:16] | the gun we found in the garage. | 我们在车库里发现的那把枪 |
[07:18] | And Jimmy, | 还有 |
[07:21] | the gun is registered to your client. | 那把枪是在你当事人的名下 |
[07:27] | Why me? | 为什么是我? |
[07:28] | YOUNG: Because I suspect they’re going to exploit this | 因为我觉得他们打算把这事 |
[07:30] | as gender discrimination. | 扯到性别歧视上 |
[07:32] | I want a woman lawyer second chairing to prohibit– | 我要一个女律师做次席律师。。。 |
[07:34] | STRINGER: If I’m not gonna do anything– | 如果我什么也不做。。。 |
[07:36] | Your presence will be doing something. | 你在场就有用 |
[07:38] | That’s why I want you there. | 那就是我希望你在场的原因 |
[07:39] | Am I allowed to talk? | 我可以发言吗? |
[07:41] | If you have something to contribute, | 只要你说的有用 |
[07:42] | of course. | 当然可以 |
[07:47] | Could I ask why you’re leaving? | 我能问一下你为什么要离开吗? |
[07:49] | What young litigator wouldn’t wanna be at Goodwin? | 哪个年轻的诉讼律师不想在Goodwin事务所? |
[07:52] | Well, it wasn’t exactly a great match for me, so… | 呃,确实不太适合我,所以。。。 |
[07:55] | DOLE: Why? | 为什么? |
[07:57] | Well, I was sort of encouraged to leave. | 呃,有些事促使我离开 |
[08:00] | You were fired? | 你被解雇了? |
[08:02] | CLAIRE: I don’t like the word fired, | 我不喜欢解雇这个词 |
[08:03] | as accurate as it may be. | 但那么也许说是准确的 |
[08:05] | They’re very pleased with my work. | 他们对我的工作很满意 |
[08:07] | You could check my references. | 你不信可以查一下我的推荐信 |
[08:08] | It wasn’t my work. | 这事跟我的工作无关 |
[08:09] | What was it, then? | 那跟什么有关? |
[08:11] | I knew it would get to this. | 我就知道会这样 |
[08:14] | I became ill | 在一次录取证人陈述中 |
[08:15] | on a partner– | 我冲着一个合伙人 |
[08:18] | In a deposition. | 犯了病 |
[08:19] | I have a, uh, | 我有,呃 |
[08:20] | vasovagal problem triggered by anxiety, | 因焦虑引起血管迷走神经的问题 |
[08:23] | manifests on extremely rare occasion, | 这种情况极为罕见 |
[08:25] | but it did so in projectile form | 但那是突然冲着一个 |
[08:26] | on a senior partner, | 高级合伙人爆发出来的 |
[08:27] | once. | 就那一次 |
[08:30] | And you were discharged? | 然后你被解雇了? |
[08:32] | They didn’t believe I had the stomach to be a litigator, | 他们不相信我有当诉讼律师的决心 |
[08:34] | since it happened | 因为之前 |
[08:36] | a few times before, but they were wrong. | 发生过几次,但他们是错的 |
[08:37] | It was all about breathing, | 这只是情绪控制的问题 |
[08:38] | which I have learned to do. | 这一点我已经学会了 |
[08:41] | Well, your transcript is great. | 呃,你的成绩单很棒 |
[08:46] | But I am looking for someone | 但我找的是一个有些经验的人 |
[08:48] | with a little bit more experience, | 但我找的是一个有些经验的人 |
[08:50] | and, uh, | 那么,呃 |
[08:52] | but I’ll let you know, | 我决定了会通知你的 |
[08:53] | okay? | 好吗? |
[08:54] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[09:00] | He was shot? Yes. | – 他中了枪? – 对 |
[09:02] | BRENDA: By whom? | 谁开的枪? |
[09:02] | Well, we don’t know. | 我们不知道 |
[09:05] | Did you notice him bleeding at all or– | 你完全没注意到他流血或者。。。 |
[09:07] | It happened so fast. | 事情发生得太突然了 |
[09:08] | After I hit him, | 我撞了他之后 |
[09:10] | I noticed he was bleeding, | 我注意到他流血了 |
[09:11] | but I just thought that– | 但我只是以为。。。 |
[09:12] | Brenda, | |
[09:14] | the gun they found in the garage, | 他们在车库发现的枪 |
[09:17] | it was registered to you. | 是在你名下 |
[09:21] | BRENDA: This is where I keep it. | 我的枪就是放在那儿的 |
[09:23] | He must have found it. | 一定是他找到了枪 |
[09:26] | BERLUTI: So somebody shot this man, | 那么说有人开枪打了这个人 |
[09:28] | he entered your house, | 他进到你家 |
[09:29] | retrieved your gun, | 找到你的枪 |
[09:31] | and you ran him over? | 而后你把他给撞了? |
[09:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[09:34] | Brenda, | |
[09:35] | everything you’ve told me so far, | 到目前为止你告诉我的一切 |
[09:36] | it’s the truth? | 是真实情况吗? |
[09:37] | BRENDA: Of course, it’s the truth. | 当然是,都是事实 |
[09:39] | Jimmy, what’s going on? BERLUTI: I don’t know, | – Jimmy,怎么了? – 我不知道 |
[09:40] | but this isn’t making sense. | 但这说不通呀 |
[09:42] | The police wanna talk to you. | 警察要约谈你 |
[09:44] | I’m inclined to let you talk | 如果你说的都是事实 |
[09:46] | if everything you said is the truth. | 我倾向于让你和他们谈 |
[09:49] | If it isn’t, | 如果不是 |
[09:50] | that’s something different. | 那就有些不同了 |
[09:56] | What? | 怎么了? |
[10:00] | Brenda, | |
[10:02] | come clean with me. | 跟我说清楚吧 |
[10:04] | Tell me what really happened. | 告诉我到底怎么回事 |
[10:08] | I hit him in the street | 我在离我办公室不远的街上撞了他 |
[10:10] | somewhere near my work. | 我在离我办公室不远的街上撞了他 |
[10:14] | It was pouring rain, | 下着倾盆大雨 |
[10:15] | and I could barely see, | 我几乎什么也看不见 |
[10:16] | and suddenly he was just | 他突然间出现在 |
[10:18] | in front of my car. | 我的车前 |
[10:19] | I could barely hit my brake. | 我几乎来不及踩刹车 |
[10:24] | I didn’t have my cell phone. | 我没带手机 |
[10:27] | There was nothing around. | 周围什么都没有 |
[10:30] | I was in the middle of nowhere, | 我是在一个偏僻的地方 |
[10:33] | and I tried to get him in my car, | 我试着把他拖上车 |
[10:36] | figuring I could get him to a hospital. | 寻思着我能送他去医院 |
[10:40] | But then I could see that he was already dead, | 但我能看出来他已经死了 |
[10:42] | and I’d been drinking, | 而且我又喝了酒 |
[10:45] | and I panicked. | 我傻眼了 |
[10:47] | So you brought him home? | 那你就把他带回家了? |
[10:48] | I figured I could. I don’t know. | 我觉得我能,我不知道 |
[10:50] | Jimmy, I was half-drunk and scared, | Jimmy,我喝得半醉而且吓坏了 |
[10:53] | and things did not make sense. | 但这样没法解释呀 |
[10:56] | So I came into my room, | 所以我到我房间 |
[10:57] | and I got my gun, and I put it | 拿上我的枪, |
[10:58] | in the garage | 把枪放到车库里 |
[11:00] | so I’d be able to say | 所以我可以说 |
[11:02] | that there was a man with a gun. | 我看到了一个拿着枪的男人 |
[11:04] | It was the only thing I could think of, | 我能想到的只有这样 |
[11:06] | and then I called you. | 然后我给你打电话 |
[11:09] | He must have been shot | 他一定是中了枪 |
[11:12] | and maybe he was running | 他跑到我车前的时候 |
[11:14] | from somebody when he ran | 也是在躲开什么人 |
[11:15] | in front of my car. | 也许是在躲开什么人吧 |
[11:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:25] | What time is it? | 几点了? |
[12:30] | 7:00. | 七点 |
[12:35] | I better get ready for work. | 我得去上班了 |
[12:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:43] | Basically, it’s the same scenario as before, | 基本上,除了她是在街上而不是在车库撞的他之外 |
[12:46] | except she hit him in the street | 其他的和之前描述的版本一样 |
[12:48] | instead of her garage. | 其他的和之前描述的版本一样 |
[12:49] | My question is, | 我要问的是 |
[12:50] | do I let her say this to the police? | 我该让她对警方说这些吗? |
[12:52] | You do if you’re nuts. | 你那样做就是疯了 |
[12:54] | Sometimes the cover-up can be worse than the crime. | 有时候掩盖比犯罪还要糟些 |
[12:57] | DONNELL: She’s already committed the cover-up, Jimmy. | 她已经掩盖事实了,Jimmy |
[12:58] | If this new version gets out, | 如果拿出新版本 |
[13:00] | she’ll be charged with vehicular manslaughter, | 她将被指控交通肇事过失杀人罪 |
[13:02] | no question. Well, I disagree. | – 毫无疑问 – 我不同意 |
[13:03] | I think there is a question. | 我认为这存在一个疑问 |
[13:05] | If this guy was shot | 如果这家伙中了枪 |
[13:06] | and chased in front of her car, | 并被追赶着跑到她车前 |
[13:08] | then it is not vehicular manslaughter. | 那就不是交通肇事过失杀人罪 |
[13:09] | The prospect of the police believing that– | 警方相信这种说法的可能性。。。 |
[13:12] | WASHINGTON: Look, forensics is gonna figure out what happened, anyway. | 不管怎样,法医会发现到底发生了什么 |
[13:14] | But there’s no reason to help them. Come on. | 但没有理由去帮助他们,想想吧 |
[13:16] | If this woman hit and killed a man, | 如果这个女人撞死了一个男人 |
[13:19] | and then drove him back to her garage, | 然后开车把他带回她的车库 |
[13:21] | she’s gonna be prosecuted, | 她会被起诉的 |
[13:22] | especially if she was drinking. | 尤其是她还喝了酒 |
[13:24] | DONNELL: I agree. | 我同意 |
[13:25] | There’s no way you let her talk to the police. | 你无论如何不能让她跟警察谈 |
[13:32] | This is an extremely regrettable event, | 这是一个非常令人遗憾的事件 |
[13:35] | and I assure you, we fully appreciate | 我向你保证,我们非常清楚 |
[13:37] | the sensitivity of the situation. | 这件事的敏感性 |
[13:39] | YOUNG: Yes. Was it in the spirit | 是啊,你们是本着这种敏感性来起诉他的吗? |
[13:41] | of this sensitivity that you sued him? | 是啊,你们是本着这种敏感性来起诉他的吗? |
[13:43] | WRIGHT: Well, it’s in that spirit | 呃,正是本着这种敏感性 |
[13:44] | that we’ve refrained from filing the claim | 我们才没有提出索赔诉讼 |
[13:46] | in the hopes that we can work this out amicably. | 希望我们能友好地解决这个问题 |
[13:48] | Paula is, of course, | Paula当然是对 |
[13:49] | devastated that her employer | 她的老板穿上她的内衣一事感到很震惊 |
[13:52] | would endeavor to wear her undergarments. | 她的老板穿上她的内衣一事感到很震惊 |
[13:54] | Obviously, a trust has been shattered. | 显然,信任被毁掉了 |
[13:58] | YOUNG: I suspect, Mr. Wright, | Wright先生,我想 |
[13:59] | you have a number? | 你想好了赔偿金额吧? |
[14:01] | We do. | 是的 |
[14:03] | Might you tell me the number? | 可以告诉我是多少吗? |
[14:20] | $500,000? | 五十万? |
[14:23] | It’s very difficult, of course, | 当然了,量化情感的痛苦是很难的 |
[14:24] | to quantify emotional pain. | 当然了,量化情感的痛苦是很难的 |
[14:26] | But you’ve managed. | 但你做到了 |
[14:27] | WRIGHT: Injuries, like products, | 伤害,就像产品一样 |
[14:29] | find their market value. | 找到他们的市场价值 |
[14:30] | For this particular infraction– | 对于这个特殊的违规行为。。。 |
[14:31] | HENRY: $500,000? | 值五十万? |
[14:33] | WRIGHT: A jury could easily award more | 陪审团很容易裁定更多的赔偿 |
[14:35] | with unwanted exposure, | 顺便说一句,还得无谓地被曝光 |
[14:36] | by the way. | 顺便说一句,还得无谓地被曝光 |
[14:37] | I’m sure your attorney would agree our number | 我相信你的律师会同意我们提出的这个数额 |
[14:39] | does not shock the conscience. | 不会使良心不安 |
[14:40] | Do you have a conscience, Paula? YOUNG: Henry. – Henry | – Paula,你还有良心吗? |
[14:43] | My client is always open to morality sermons | 如果他打算做次道德说教的话 |
[14:46] | if he wants to give one. | 我的当事人总是乐于接受的 |
[14:47] | If we were to agree to this number, | 如果我们接受这个数额 |
[14:50] | we assume it would embrace | 我们认为这会包含 |
[14:51] | a complete confidentiality agreement. | 一份完全保密的协议 |
[14:53] | WRIGHT: Absolutely. | 那是当然了 |
[14:54] | As I’ve said from the onset, | 从一开始我就说过 |
[14:56] | we fully understand the sensitivity | 我们完全理解这件事的敏感性 |
[14:58] | of the situation. | 我们完全理解这件事的敏感性 |
[15:00] | You’re sweet. | 你真贴心 |
[15:04] | We’ll give you to the end | 我们明天把这事办完 |
[15:05] | of business tomorrow. | 我们明天把这事办完 |
[15:16] | You said you’d call. | 你说你会打电话的 |
[15:17] | I did? | 我说了? |
[15:19] | Well, you said you’d let me know, | 呃,你说你会通知我的 |
[15:20] | and since no news is so often good news, | 因为俗话说没消息就是好消息 |
[15:23] | I guess I was hoping it would apply here. | 我希望这事上这句话可能会应验 |
[15:30] | It wouldn’t. | 没能应验 |
[15:32] | I didn’t get the job? | 我没得到这份工作? |
[15:34] | No. | 没有 |
[15:36] | Would you mind telling me who did? | 你能告诉我你雇了谁吗? |
[15:40] | I haven’t hired yet. | 还没有呢 |
[15:42] | Oh, well, so it could be anybody, | 噢,那就是说没准儿是谁 |
[15:45] | just not me. | 只不过不是我 |
[15:50] | Well, thank you for considering me. | 呃,谢谢你考虑过我 |
[15:56] | Bye. | 再见 |
[15:58] | DOLE: Bye. | 再见 |
[16:03] | So she’s not gonna talk to us? | 那么说她不会和我们谈了? |
[16:06] | BERLUTI: Well, I decided | 呃,我选择 |
[16:07] | to be the overprotective attorney. | 做一个对当事人保护过度的律师 |
[16:09] | Come on, Helen. | 别这样,Helen |
[16:10] | What lawyer lets his client talk, | 不管无辜与否,什么律师会让他的当事人跟警方谈话? |
[16:12] | innocent or not? | 不管无辜与否,什么律师会让他的当事人跟警方谈话? |
[16:13] | And yours is innocent? Yes. | – 而你的当事人是无辜的? – 没错 |
[16:15] | Could you tell us why she had a gun? | 你能告诉我们为什么她有枪呢? |
[16:16] | Personal protection. | 个人防卫 |
[16:18] | She lives alone, wants to be safe. | 她一个人住,想要安全感 |
[16:20] | WALSH: See, there’s a couple of things | Jimmy,你看,有几个问题让我们困惑 |
[16:21] | that confuse us, Jimmy. | Jimmy,你看,有几个问题让我们困惑 |
[16:22] | Like, if he’d been shot, | 比如,如果他中枪了 |
[16:23] | he’d be bleeding. | 他会流血 |
[16:25] | He was supposedly inside her house, | 据说他进了她家里 |
[16:26] | yet we found no blood in her house | 可我们在她屋里或车库里 |
[16:28] | or in the garage for that matter. | 都没有发现血迹 |
[16:31] | Did she clean it up? Don’t know. | - 她清理过吗? - 不知道 |
[16:33] | GAMBLE: Jimmy, it seems the body | Jimmy,似乎尸体 |
[16:35] | was dragged in the direction | 被拖动的方向是 |
[16:36] | from the car to the wall, | 从车拖向墙边 |
[16:38] | back to the car. | 再拖回到车上 |
[16:39] | Now, what would explain that? | 这怎么解释呢? |
[16:41] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[16:43] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[16:44] | Have your client here within an hour | 你的当事人可以在一小时内来这儿 |
[16:46] | or we pick her up. Why? | – 或者我们去把她带过来 – 为什么? |
[16:48] | WALSH: We wanna trace metal her. | 我们要对她进行痕量金属检测 |
[16:49] | See if she’s fired a gun recently. | 看看她最近是否开过枪 |
[16:51] | Bullet didn’t match her gun. | 子弹和她的枪不匹配 |
[16:52] | GAMBLE: Well, maybe she has another one. | 呃,或许她还有另一只呢 |
[16:54] | Maybe she’s a really big believer | 或许她是个人防卫的笃信者呢 |
[16:56] | in personal protection. | 或许她是个人防卫的笃信者呢 |
[16:58] | BERLUTI: Look, my client is innocent. | 听我说,我的当事人是无辜的 |
[17:00] | Why is this attracting the attention of two DAs? | 为什么这事吸引了两个检察官的注意? |
[17:03] | Because you have our curiosity piqued. | 因为你激起了我们的好奇心 |
[17:06] | Jimmy, within an hour. | Jimmy,一小时内 |
[17:12] | But I didn’t shoot any gun. | 但我什么枪也没开过 |
[17:15] | BERLUTI: Then a trace metal is good. | 那痕量金属检测就不会有问题 |
[17:16] | It’ll pretty much show that. | 那肯定可以证明这一点的 |
[17:19] | You really didn’t? | 你真没开过枪吗? |
[17:20] | Jimmy, I’m telling you the truth. | Jimmy,我跟你说实话了 |
[17:22] | BERLUTI: Great, | 那就好 |
[17:23] | then we let them do the test. | 那我们就让他们做测试 |
[17:24] | It’s not a problem. | 那不是问题 |
[17:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:37] | Jimmy, | |
[17:42] | this morning you were kind of… | 今天早上你有点。。。 |
[17:45] | caressing my face. | 抚摸了我的脸 |
[17:47] | What was– | 那是。。。 |
[17:49] | I was just comforting you | 我只是在安慰你 |
[17:52] | ’cause, you know… | 因为,你知道。。。 |
[17:58] | How come you never– | 你怎么从来没有。。。 |
[18:01] | never mind. | 算了 |
[18:02] | Never mind what? | 什么算了? |
[18:06] | I always got the feeling | 我总是有种感觉 |
[18:08] | that you kind of liked me. | 你有些喜欢我 |
[18:13] | How come you never asked me out? | 你怎么从来不约我出去? |
[18:17] | Were you interested in going out with me? | 你有兴趣和我一起出去吗? |
[18:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:21] | There you go. | 你看吧 |
[18:22] | That’s why I never asked. | 这就是我从没问你的原因 |
[18:24] | BRENDA: I was interested for a while, | 我有一段时间有兴趣 |
[18:26] | but then… | 但是之后。。。 |
[18:28] | I got a little nervous. | 我有点紧张 |
[18:29] | Nervous? | 紧张? |
[18:31] | About what? | 对什么紧张? |
[18:34] | Maybe you were in love with me. | 也许你爱上我了 |
[18:37] | Brenda, I was 16, 17. | Brenda,我那时十六七岁 |
[18:40] | I didn’t even know what love was. | 我甚至不知道什么是爱情 |
[18:43] | Were you? | 你那时爱上我了吗? |
[18:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:50] | And do you still have feelings? | 你还有那种感觉吗? |
[18:54] | Not that–no. | 那不算。。。没有了 |
[18:58] | Then why this morning, why– | 那么为什么今天早上,你为什么。。。 |
[19:00] | BERLUTI: I was just comforting you. | 我只是在安慰你 |
[19:02] | I said this already. | 我已经说过了 |
[19:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:10] | We should get to the police station. | 我们要去警局了 |
[19:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:29] | WOMAN: Okay. | 好了 |
[19:30] | Done. | 做完了 |
[19:31] | Negative. | 阴性的 |
[19:32] | Satisfied? | 满意了? |
[19:34] | GAMBLE: Jimmy, it’s hardly conclusive. | Jimmy,这还难以下结论 |
[19:36] | Just let me talk to her. | 让我和她谈谈 |
[19:37] | She’d love to talk, | 她很想谈谈 |
[19:38] | but I can’t let her, Helen. | 但我不能让她跟你们谈,Helen |
[19:39] | No upside and you know it. | 没什么好处,你懂的 |
[19:41] | We could positively rule her out. | 我们可以完全排除她的嫌疑 |
[19:44] | BERLUTI: You can rule her out now. | 你现在就可以排除她 |
[19:47] | We’re done. | 我们完事了 |
[19:58] | So is it really over? | 真的完事了吗? |
[20:00] | Let’s hope so. | 希望如此 |
[20:02] | They’ve got no real evidence | 他们没有确实的证据证明 |
[20:04] | that it didn’t happen | 事情不是你所说的那样 |
[20:04] | like you said it did. | 事情不是你所说的那样 |
[20:08] | Even though what I told them | 即使我告诉他们的不是真的? |
[20:09] | wasn’t exactly the truth? | 即使我告诉他们的不是真的? |
[20:11] | My legal advice on that, Brenda, | Brenda,我的法律建议是 |
[20:14] | don’t tell anybody, | 别告诉任何人 |
[20:17] | not your family, | 包括你的家人 |
[20:18] | your shrink, your clergy, | 你得心理医生,你的牧师 |
[20:19] | your boyfriend. | 你的男朋友 |
[20:23] | You got a boyfriend? | 你有男朋友了? |
[20:25] | No. | 没有 |
[20:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:40] | No problem. | 不客气 |
[20:45] | So you wanna come in? | 你想进屋吗? |
[20:51] | I’m not that liquid, | 我没那么多流动资金 |
[20:53] | believe it or not, | 信不信由你 |
[20:54] | I can sell some property if– | 我能卖掉一些房产 |
[20:57] | tell me what to do. | 告诉我该怎么做 |
[21:00] | I think you should let me fight this, Henry. | Henry,我认为你应该让我打这个官司 |
[21:04] | But if this should get out, | 但如果这事泄露出去 |
[21:06] | my dignity. | 我的尊严 |
[21:08] | What happens to your dignity | 如果你就此屈服了 |
[21:10] | if you roll over? | 你的尊严何在? |
[21:15] | Look, | 听着 |
[21:16] | go home. | 回家去 |
[21:18] | Talk to Margie. | 跟Margie好好谈谈 |
[21:20] | Let me deal with this lawsuit. | 让我来处理这起诉讼 |
[21:26] | My life is over, | 我的生活毁了 |
[21:27] | isn’t it? | 不是吗? |
[21:29] | Go be with your wife, Henry. | 回家找你太太,Henry |
[21:38] | You’re gonna fight this? | 你要打这个官司? |
[21:39] | Eugene, the guy’s a vice president of a brokerage firm. | Eugene,这人是一家经纪公司的副总裁 |
[21:42] | Meaning? | 那怎么了? |
[21:42] | Meaning if this gets out, | 如果这事公之于众 |
[21:44] | win or lose, he loses. | 不管官司结果如何,他都是输了 |
[21:45] | YOUNG: Jamie, sometimes principle has to matter. | Jamie,有时候原则很重要 |
[21:48] | Principle. | 原则吗 |
[21:50] | May I volunteer something on principle? | 我你能在原则上提些建议吗? |
[21:52] | Go right ahead. | 说吧 |
[21:53] | STRINGER: On principle, | 原则上 |
[21:55] | I object to being put on a case | 我反对把我安排进这个案子 |
[21:57] | as window dressing. | 由于装点门面 |
[21:59] | It’s demeaning. | 那是对我的贬低 |
[22:00] | Is that right? | 是吗? |
[22:01] | STRINGER: Yes, I’m second chairing | 是的,我是作为象征性的女次席律师 |
[22:02] | as a token woman, | 是的,我是作为象征性的女次席律师 |
[22:04] | and I find it offensive. | 我觉得这很无礼 |
[22:05] | Well, maybe I put you on this case to learn, | 呃,也许我是安排你到这个案子来学习 |
[22:07] | to get experience. | 获得经验 |
[22:10] | What am I supposed to be learning? | 我应该学什么? |
[22:11] | The meeting’s at 9:00 A. M. | 明天九点开会 |
[22:14] | Be on time. | 准时来 |
[22:23] | Is this as far as you’ll come in? | 你就站在那儿? |
[22:25] | Brenda, | |
[22:26] | I got to admit, | 我得承认 |
[22:28] | this is– | 这。。。 |
[22:30] | this is very strange for me. | 这让我感觉怪怪的 |
[22:32] | Why? | 为什么? |
[22:34] | BERLUTI: Look, | 听我说 |
[22:35] | the thing is, | 问题是 |
[22:36] | being your lawyer, | 作为你的律师 |
[22:38] | I got ethical rules to follow, | 我要遵守职业道德规范 |
[22:40] | and… | 而且。。。 |
[22:54] | Was that so hard? | 有这么难吗? |
[23:11] | Yes, I’m looking for a Brenda Miller. | 我在找Brenda Miller |
[23:14] | I see I found her. | 我找到了 |
[23:15] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[23:17] | HERRICK: I’ll get to that. | 我会自我介绍的 |
[23:18] | But first, who’s he? | 但首先,他是谁? |
[23:22] | I’m her lawyer. | 我是她的律师 |
[23:24] | I bet she could definitely use one of those. | 我敢打赌她肯定会找一个律师的 |
[23:27] | Right, Brenda? | 对吗,Brenda? |
[23:29] | Nasty weather it was the other night driving, | 前几天晚上开车遇上恶劣的天气了 |
[23:32] | wasn’t it? | 不是吗? |
[23:32] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[23:34] | HERRICK: My name is Herrick Smoltz. | 我叫Herrick Smoltz |
[23:36] | Don’t let the shabby appearance deceive you. | 别让这破烂的衣着误导了你 |
[23:38] | Underneath, I’m a piece of crap. | 本质上,我是一个废柴 |
[23:40] | Of course, | 当然了 |
[23:42] | I’d never run somebody over. | 我从未撞倒过什么人 |
[23:45] | I was walking on Temple. | 我那时在溜达 |
[23:47] | I saw you hit that guy | 我看到你撞了那家伙 |
[23:49] | and then drag him into the car | 然后把他拖进车跑了 |
[23:51] | and drive away. | 然后把他拖进车跑了 |
[23:53] | I followed you. | 我跟着你 |
[23:54] | So for… | 如果给我。。。 |
[23:57] | $100,000, | 十万元 |
[23:59] | I won’t tell the police what I saw. | 我就不会去告诉警察 |
[24:01] | That’s extortion. | 这是敲诈 |
[24:03] | HERRICK: Yeah, well, I’ll take my chances, | 没错,呃,我要抓住机会 |
[24:06] | $100,000. | 十万元 |
[24:09] | I’ll tell you what, | 我告诉你 |
[24:10] | I’ll come back, I’ll make contact | 我会回来的 |
[24:12] | with you tomorrow. | 我明早再找你 |
[24:13] | You can say “nay” or “yay,” | 你可以说“不”或“是” |
[24:15] | okay? | 好吗? |
[24:27] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[24:28] | I guess. | 还好 |
[24:30] | You just let me do all the talking, okay? | 就都让我来说,好吗? |
[24:34] | They’re here. | 他们来了 |
[24:34] | YOUNG: Show them in. | 请他们进来 |
[24:38] | Hello. | 你好 |
[24:38] | I apologize for being slightly late. | 抱歉来晚了一点 |
[24:41] | I pride myself on being punctual. | 我一向以守时为荣 |
[24:43] | YOUNG: That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[24:44] | Would you like some coffee or water? | 来点水或咖啡? |
[24:45] | HORACE: That’s very kind of you, | 太客气了 |
[24:46] | but I think we’re fine. | 我想不用了 |
[24:57] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[24:58] | That’s the counterclaim we’re prepared to file | 这是我们准备针对你们的指控 |
[25:00] | in answer to your complaint. | 而提出的反诉 |
[25:01] | It alleges intentional infliction | 反诉蓄意情感伤害 |
[25:03] | of emotional distress. | 反诉蓄意情感伤害 |
[25:04] | It names you personally, Mr. Wright, | 指控是针对你,Wright先生 |
[25:06] | as well as Paula. | 还有Paula |
[25:08] | There’s also a count for abuse of process. | 另外还有一项滥用程序的指控 |
[25:13] | These claims aren’t tenable. | 这些指控站不住脚 |
[25:15] | Oh, but they are, Mr. Wright. | 噢,Wright先生,这些站得住脚 |
[25:17] | You attempted to extort this man. | 你想勒索这个人 |
[25:19] | You not only recognized | 你不仅意识到 |
[25:20] | the damage your lawsuit | 你发起的诉讼 |
[25:21] | would do to his career, | 会对他的事业造成伤害 |
[25:22] | you played it like a trump card. | 你还把这作为你的王牌来使用 |
[25:24] | This woman didn’t go to a counselor or a therapist. | 这个女人没有去找咨询师或者心理医生 |
[25:27] | She didn’t seek treatment for emotional upset. | 她也没有去寻求治疗情绪失落 |
[25:29] | She went to the yellow pages. | 她是去翻电话簿找律师 |
[25:33] | Don’t take me lightly, Mr. Young, | 别只因为我登广告找活儿 |
[25:35] | simply because I advertise. | 就轻视我,Young先生 |
[25:37] | I take you as seriously as I do personally. | 我对你像对我自己一样当回事 |
[25:41] | You’re a dishonorable lawyer. | 你是个没有荣誉感的律师 |
[25:44] | You reflect poorly | 你的行为让 |
[25:45] | on all attorneys, | 所有的律师蒙羞 |
[25:46] | poorly on me. | 也使我蒙羞 |
[25:47] | I don’t like that. | 我不喜欢那样 |
[25:48] | You’re also incompetent. | 你也并不称职 |
[25:50] | You counseled your client | 你建议你的当事人所犯下的过错 |
[25:52] | to commit an offense | 你建议你的当事人所犯下的过错 |
[25:53] | more actionable than the one | 比对她犯下的那个过错 |
[25:54] | committed against her. | 更具有被起诉的可操作性 |
[25:56] | HORACE: You can’t possibly | 你们不可能 |
[25:57] | be willing to take this to Court, | 愿意把这事弄上法庭 |
[25:59] | to take this public. | 公之于众 |
[26:00] | The first thing I’ll do | 我首先要做的 |
[26:02] | is bring a motion to recuse you, | 就是提出撤换你的动议 |
[26:04] | which will be successful, | 那一定会成功的 |
[26:05] | since you’re now a named party. | 因为你也是被起诉的一个 |
[26:07] | Imagine, win or lose, | 想象一下,无论输赢 |
[26:09] | this case will end up costing you money, | 这个案子都会让你赔钱 |
[26:11] | Mr. Wright. | Wright先生 |
[26:12] | Money. | 是钱呀 |
[26:13] | Can I say it one more time? | 我能再说一次吗? |
[26:16] | Money. | 是钱呀 |
[26:18] | You don’t scare me. | 你别吓唬我 |
[26:19] | Here’s your out, | 给你一条出路 |
[26:20] | $10,000, | 一万元 |
[26:21] | and she gets to keep her job, | 她可以保住工作 |
[26:22] | working for a different executive, | 为另一位高管工作 |
[26:25] | all conditioned on confidentiality. | 一切以保密为条件 |
[26:28] | This is a windfall for both of you. | 这对你们俩都是意外之财 |
[26:30] | The offer is good | 这个条件 |
[26:31] | till the end of business today. | 在今天下班前有效 |
[26:36] | Now, get out | 现在,出去吧 |
[26:37] | before I bait a hook with you. | 省得我又要给你下套 |
[26:50] | I’m not stalking you, I promise. | 我保证,我不是在跟踪你 |
[26:54] | CLAIRE: I realize I’m not getting the job, | 我知道我没得到这份工作 |
[26:56] | but… | 但是。。。 |
[26:58] | could I just work here for three weeks, no salary? | 我能在这里工作三个星期吗,不要薪水的? |
[27:00] | After which I promise to leave. | 那之后我保证就走 |
[27:02] | I will not ask you to reconsider, | 不会要求你再重新考虑我 |
[27:03] | I just need a place to call home for three weeks. | 我只是在三个星期内有个给家里打电话的地方 |
[27:05] | Then off I go. | 那之后我就走 |
[27:07] | You’re befuddled, totally appropriate. | 你给弄糊涂了,太正常了 |
[27:09] | Here’s the thing, | 事情是这样的 |
[27:10] | I have one client, | 我有一个客户 |
[27:12] | one case my firm let me keep | 我们事务所一直让我办一个案子 |
[27:13] | since they considered it a dog. | 因为他们认为那是个麻烦 |
[27:15] | I’m suing a town for sponsoring soccer. | 我在因为一个镇子赞助足球 |
[27:17] | You don’t need to tell me how ridiculous it is, | 不用你告诉我这多荒谬 |
[27:19] | I’ve been told. | 有人跟我说过这一点了 |
[27:20] | Just assume for the sake of argument | 为了进行法庭辩论,只是先假设 |
[27:22] | that the neurological data backs me up. | 神经病学方面的数据支持我的观点 |
[27:25] | Heading a soccer ball | 足球砸在脑袋上 |
[27:26] | does damage to young brains. | 会对年轻人的大脑有伤害 |
[27:28] | I’m in Court next week on summary judgment. | 下周就要开庭做即决判决 |
[27:31] | My goal is to survive that, | 我的目的是让这个案子能不被驳回 |
[27:33] | then try to settle. | 然后寻求和解方案 |
[27:34] | And this is where I need you. | 而我需要你是因为 |
[27:37] | You beat a tobacco company. | 你打败了一家烟草公司 |
[27:38] | You even helped an airline | 你甚至帮一家航空公司 |
[27:39] | win their “Arab-free fly rule”. | 打赢了“排除阿拉伯人搭乘条规”的官司 |
[27:41] | You have kind of a rep as a giant slayer, | 你有点算是代表着巨人杀手 |
[27:44] | and my feeling is | 我的感觉是 |
[27:46] | if I’m prosecuting this claim with you, | 如果我和你一起来提起诉讼 |
[27:48] | then that’ll at least give the defendant some pause | 至少会让被告方仔细考虑一下 |
[27:50] | which, trust me, | 相信我 |
[27:51] | right now they are not getting. | 他们现在一点都不在乎 |
[27:53] | Three weeks, | 三个星期 |
[27:53] | no salary, | 不要薪水 |
[27:54] | I’m gone. | 然后我就走 |
[28:00] | Can I help you? I’m here to see Jimmy. | – 有何贵干? – 我找Jimmy |
[28:03] | Brenda. | |
[28:04] | In here. | 进这儿来 |
[28:12] | I’ve decided I just can’t take the risk. | 我想好了绝不能冒险 |
[28:14] | Here’s a money order for $100,000. | 这是十万元的汇票 |
[28:16] | Let’s make the deal. | 做个交易吧 |
[28:17] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[28:18] | I have no real choice. | 我实在没得选 |
[28:20] | He saw! | 他看到了! |
[28:21] | BERLUTI: Brenda, wait a second. | Brenda,等一下 |
[28:23] | This right here is a crime. | 这就是一起犯罪 |
[28:24] | Not as bad as vehicular homicide. | 那也不比交通肇事杀人罪糟 |
[28:26] | Everything that happened, | 发生的一切 |
[28:27] | happened in a state of panic or shock. | 是在恐慌或震惊的状态下 |
[28:30] | A man ran in front of your car. | 一个男人跑到你的车前面 |
[28:33] | You put him in your car | 你把他放在车里 |
[28:35] | to take him to the hospital. | 是为了带他去医院 |
[28:36] | Then, when you realized he was dead, | 然后,你意识到他已经死了 |
[28:38] | you panicked and drove him home. | 你惊慌失措,开车带他回家 |
[28:40] | This here, | 而这个 |
[28:42] | extortion, | 是敲诈罪 |
[28:43] | buying silence from a witness, | 买通证人缄口不言 |
[28:44] | it’s reflective | 这体现了更多的犯罪意图 |
[28:45] | with more criminal intent. | 这体现了更多的犯罪意图 |
[28:47] | What if he tells? | 如果他说出来呢? |
[28:48] | BERLUTI: My feeling is he won’t. | 我的感觉是他不会的 |
[28:50] | I checked probation. | 我检查了缓刑记录 |
[28:52] | The guy’s got two B&E convictions, | 这家伙有两次非法闯入的定罪 |
[28:54] | a drug history, | 一次吸毒记录 |
[28:55] | and some weapons charges. | 还有一些涉及拥有或使用武器的指控 |
[28:57] | It’s likely he’s the shooter. | 很可能他就是那个开枪的人 |
[28:59] | He was probably chasing the victim | 受害者跑到你车前的时候 |
[29:01] | when he ran in front of your car. | 可能就是他在追 |
[29:03] | I don’t think he’s going forward. | 我不认为他会站出来的 |
[29:04] | But we can’t guarantee that! | 但我们不敢确定! |
[29:10] | Look, I don’t need the money. | 听着,我不缺钱 |
[29:14] | I just can’t take a chance. | 我就是不能冒这个险 |
[29:16] | Please make the deal. | 拜托做了这笔交易吧 |
[29:21] | Jimmy, | |
[29:22] | you can’t do that. | 你不能那样做 |
[29:23] | It’s illegal! It’s– She’s insisting. | – 那是违法的!那是。。。 – 她坚持要做 |
[29:25] | DONNELL: It doesn’t matter. You can’t ethically execute | 那没有关系,你做那种交易 |
[29:27] | that kind of transaction. | 是违背职业道德的 |
[29:29] | You could be disbarred. | 你会被取消律师资格 |
[29:30] | If she wants to do it on her own, | 如果她想自己去做 |
[29:32] | I suppose you can’t stop her. | 我想你也不能阻止她 |
[29:33] | BERLUTI: There’s no way I’m letting her deal | 我不能让她单独去和那个家伙做交易 |
[29:34] | with the guy alone. | 我不能让她单独去和那个家伙做交易 |
[29:35] | He’s probably the shooter. | 他可能就是开枪的人 |
[29:36] | Jimmy, you can’t be involved | Jimmy,你不能卷入买通证人的事里 |
[29:38] | in buying off a witness’ silence. | Jimmy,你不能卷入买通证人的事里 |
[29:39] | She’s buying it off. | 是她出钱买通证人 |
[29:41] | I’m just there to make sure | 我到场只是为了保证她不会受害 |
[29:43] | she doesn’t get hurt. | 我到场只是为了保证她不会受害 |
[29:46] | What’s your relationship with her? | 你和她什么关系? |
[29:47] | I told you, we’re friends. | 我跟你说过的,我们是朋友 |
[29:48] | What kind of friends? | 哪种朋友? |
[29:49] | Just friends. | 就是朋友 |
[29:50] | That’s it. | 就这些 |
[29:53] | Well, you can’t do this. | 你不能这么做 |
[29:55] | It’s illegal. | 那是违法的 |
[29:56] | If it backfires, | 如果事与愿违 |
[29:57] | she could go to jail, | 她可能会坐牢 |
[29:58] | and you could, too. | 还有你 |
[29:59] | Forget about it. | 算了吧 |
[30:06] | Jimmy, | |
[30:09] | what’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[30:14] | Do you have feelings for this woman? | 你和这个女人有感情了吗? |
[30:18] | I might love her. | 我可能是爱她的 |
[30:20] | Love her? | 爱她? |
[30:22] | You haven’t seen her in 20 years. | 你已经20年没见过她了 |
[30:24] | It evidently didn’t go away. | 显然我没有忘记她 |
[30:31] | Look, | 听着 |
[30:33] | you have to think of her as a client, | 你得把她当成一个当事人 |
[30:36] | and only a client. | 而且只当成一个当事人 |
[30:39] | I can’t do that, Bobby. | 我做不到,Bobby |
[30:43] | Men like me… | 我这样的男人。。。 |
[30:44] | don’t ever get women like her. | 从未得到过像她那样的女人 |
[30:47] | Not in high school, | 高中时代没有 |
[30:49] | not now. | 现在也没有 |
[30:53] | Does she have feelings for you, too? | 她也对你有感情吗? |
[30:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:56] | She might. | 也许是的 |
[31:02] | I know I’m not thinking straight, | 我知道我有点犯糊涂 |
[31:04] | but she seems more important | 但此刻她似乎是 |
[31:06] | than my career right now. | 比我的事业更重要 |
[31:08] | More important than anything. | 比任何事都重要 |
[31:11] | Okay. The fact that you’re saying that | 那好,你现在所说的 |
[31:13] | makes it easier to realize | 让人更容易认识到你在犯糊涂 |
[31:15] | you’re not thinking straight. | 让人更容易认识到你在犯糊涂 |
[31:16] | So I want you to trust me now, | 所以我要你现在相信我 |
[31:19] | and rely on my judgment, okay? | 相信我的判断,好吗? |
[31:22] | You cannot pay off this witness. | 你不能买通这个证人 |
[31:32] | Okay? | 行吗? |
[31:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:51] | DOLE: You didn’t say you’d be taking over the entire office. | 你可没说你要把整个办公室都占了 |
[31:54] | The files just got delivered here. | 文件刚送来 |
[31:56] | I’ll have most of them in storage | 到完事那天前 |
[31:57] | by the end of the day. | 大部分都要存在这儿 |
[31:58] | Claire, | |
[32:00] | suing a town | 起诉一个镇子 |
[32:02] | for having a soccer program? | 因其办了足球比赛? |
[32:03] | I’ve got the medicals to back it up. | 我已经找到了医学治疗来支持我的论点 |
[32:05] | It’s called “Second Impact Syndrome.” | 那叫做““二次撞击综合症” |
[32:07] | There’s also a Norwegian study documenting that soccer players | 挪威也有一项研究证明足球运动员 |
[32:10] | have more attention problems. | 在关注力方面存在更多的问题 |
[32:12] | I think I’ve got enough to survive summary judgment, | 我认为我对即决判决有把握了 |
[32:14] | and if I do that, | 如果过了这一关 |
[32:15] | I really believe that I can settle. | 我真的相信能达成和解 |
[32:18] | Okay. | 那就好 |
[32:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[32:24] | I’m acting only as your friend here, | 现在我只作为你的朋友 |
[32:28] | not your lawyer. | 而不是你的律师 |
[32:29] | Why do you keep saying that? | 你为什么总是说这个? |
[32:30] | Because I can’t let my firm incur any liability. | 因为我不能让我的事务所承担任何责任 |
[32:33] | Okay. Look, | 那好,听着 |
[32:35] | if you prefer I do this myself. | 如果你倾向于让我自己来做 |
[32:36] | Not a chance. | 不可能 |
[32:37] | I’m not letting you be alone with this guy. | 我不会让你单独和那个家伙在一起 |
[32:49] | Right on time. | 真准时 |
[33:00] | Lovely day, isn’t it? | 天气不错,是吧? |
[33:02] | Let’s go. | 开始吧 |
[33:09] | Have a seat, Mr. Smoltz. | 请坐,Smoltz先生 |
[33:14] | I have two things. | 我有两个东西 |
[33:16] | A money order in the amount of $100,000. | 一张十万元的支票 |
[33:18] | This is good. | 这还不错 |
[33:20] | And here’s a confession you must sign | 为了得到那笔钱 |
[33:22] | in order to get that money. | 还有一份你必须签的供述 |
[33:23] | A confession? | 一份供述? |
[33:25] | BERLUTI: I’m not stupid, Mr. Smoltz. | Smoltz先生,我可不傻 |
[33:27] | Somebody shot Gerald Hanks in the back. | 有人在背后开枪击中了Gerald Hanks |
[33:30] | You just happened to be there that night. | 当晚你刚好在哪儿 |
[33:33] | I’ll bet you just happened | 我敢打赌你刚好是 |
[33:34] | to be a former “business” partner | Gerald Hanksde的前生意合伙人 |
[33:36] | of Gerald Hanks. | Gerald Hanksde的前生意合伙人 |
[33:38] | First, | 首先 |
[33:40] | you’re out of your mind. | 你是疯了 |
[33:42] | Second, | 其次 |
[33:43] | you’re totally out of your mind | 你要是以为我会签这个 |
[33:44] | if you think I’m signing this. | 你就是彻底疯了 |
[33:48] | Look, | 听着 |
[33:50] | we got no guarantee | 我们不能确保 |
[33:51] | you won’t be back next week | 你下周不会跑回来 |
[33:53] | demanding another hundred grand. | 再要10万美元 |
[33:55] | We need to have something on you. | 我们需要押些你的东西 |
[33:57] | You sign this confession, | 你签了这份供述 |
[33:59] | I keep it sealed in my office safe. | 我把它封存在办公室的保险箱里 |
[34:02] | You never bother us again, | 你也永远也不会再让我们担心了 |
[34:04] | it stays there. If you do– | 它保存在那里,如果你。。。 |
[34:05] | HERRICK: Suppose there’s an office fire. | 假如办公室发生火灾了 |
[34:07] | Suppose somebody breaks into that safe. | 假如有人撬开保险箱 |
[34:08] | I’m not signing nothing. | 我什么也不会签的 |
[34:10] | Then you don’t get the money! | 那你就拿不到钱! |
[34:15] | You don’t wanna say that, Mr. Berluti. | Berluti先生,你最好别那么说 |
[34:18] | Sign the confession, | 签了供述 |
[34:20] | you get the money. | 你就拿到钱 |
[34:23] | What about this? | 要不这样吧? |
[34:24] | You give me the money. | 把钱给我 |
[34:27] | You two live. | 你俩活命 |
[34:28] | Police! Freeze! Drop the gun! OFFICER: Freeze! | 警察!不许动!把枪扔了不许动 |
[34:29] | OFFICER: Drop, drop, drop the gun! | 扔掉枪! |
[34:31] | Drop! OFFICER: Down on the ground! | 扔掉!趴到地上 |
[34:32] | Down on the ground! | 趴到地上! |
[34:34] | Down! | 趴下 |
[34:41] | OFFICER: Get him up. | 把他拉起来 |
[34:42] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[34:44] | OFFICER: You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[34:46] | Anything you say can | 你所说的一切 |
[34:47] | and will be used against you in a Court of law. | 都会被当作指控你的呈堂证供 |
[34:49] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权请一个律师 |
[34:51] | Okay. Let them go. | 好了,放开他们 |
[34:54] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[34:55] | GAMBLE: What’s going on is Mr. Berluti | Berluti先生刚刚 |
[34:57] | just saved your pretty face. | 拯救了你这漂亮的脸蛋 |
[34:59] | We’ve agreed to give you immunity | 我们已经同意用捕获枪手为条件换取 |
[35:01] | for your D.U.I. | 你酒后驾车 |
[35:02] | and possible vehicular manslaughter | 和疑似交通肇事杀人罪 |
[35:05] | in exchange for the shooter. | 的豁免权 |
[35:06] | What? | 什么? |
[35:08] | WALSH: You better hope that gun matches, | 你最好盼着枪弹测试匹配 |
[35:10] | because if we can’t get him, | 因为如果我们不能锁定他是罪犯 |
[35:12] | we’ll be back. | 我们会回来找你的 |
[35:25] | Twenty thousand, all in. | 二万,就全妥了 |
[35:27] | The offer was 10,000, Mr. Wright. | 开价可是一万呀,Wright先生 |
[35:28] | Ten per cup | 一份一万 |
[35:30] | and we can all go home. | 我们就都满意了 |
[35:31] | Fifteen and I get to talk to your client. | 一万五,但我要跟你的当事人谈谈 |
[35:34] | Why? | 为什么? |
[35:36] | YOUNG: Because I want to. | 因为我想谈谈 |
[35:37] | Fifteen, | 一万五 |
[35:38] | confidential, | 含保密条件 |
[35:39] | and I talk to her now. | 还有我现在跟她谈谈 |
[35:45] | Okay. | 可以 |
[35:46] | I don’t think it’s acceptable | 我觉得你跟我当事人 |
[35:48] | for you to speak to her alone | 单独说话是不可以的吧 |
[35:49] | She won’t be alone. | 她不是一个人 |
[35:51] | Ms. Stringer will be here. | Stringer女士会在场 |
[35:53] | HORACE: Why can’t I be here? | 为什么我不能在场? |
[35:54] | Because I find you to be | 因为我认为你会惹人心烦 |
[35:55] | an annoying distraction. | 因为我认为你会惹人心烦 |
[35:59] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[36:03] | Henry. | Henry,你也出去吧 |
[36:15] | Surprisingly, my client had a lot | Paula,令我惊讶的是,我的当事人 |
[36:17] | of nice things to say about you, Paula. | 说了不少你的好话 |
[36:19] | My suspicion is you aren’t the least bit upset about this, | 我怀疑你对此一点也不难过 |
[36:22] | probably had a good laugh. | 或许还会笑得很开心 |
[36:25] | Then you got the idea | 然后你会想这真是中了彩票似的 |
[36:26] | that this was a lottery ticket. | 然后你会想这真是中了彩票似的 |
[36:29] | Henry Winslow | Henry Winslow对你非常好 |
[36:30] | has been extremely good to you. | Henry Winslow对你非常好 |
[36:32] | He’s a good person. | 他是个好人 |
[36:34] | You’re 26 years old. | 你26岁了 |
[36:36] | The kind of person you will be | 你会成为什么样的人 |
[36:37] | has yet to be determined. | 尚未确定 |
[36:39] | But how you behaved here, | 但你现在的行为 |
[36:41] | it wasn’t in keeping with being a good person. | 与做一个好人并不一致 |
[36:44] | Now, you might skip out of here thinking, | 现在,你也许出去会想 |
[36:46] | “Wow, I just made $15,000, | “哇呜,我刚赚了一万五 |
[36:48] | and I wasn’t even injured.” | 我甚至都没受到伤害” |
[36:51] | But Paula, | 但是Paula |
[36:52] | if this settlement in any way | 如果这次和解 |
[36:54] | causes you to think | 导致你认为 |
[36:55] | that what you did here was acceptable, | 你在此的行为是可以被接受的 |
[37:00] | then you’ve been injured indeed. | 那么你才是被深深地伤害了 |
[37:09] | That’s all. | 我要说的就这些 |
[37:30] | Great. | 太好了 |
[37:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[37:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:36] | Ballistics match. | 弹道匹配 |
[37:37] | It’s officially over. | 正式结束了 |
[37:40] | You got immunity. | 你得到了豁免 |
[37:42] | Good. | 挺好 |
[37:46] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[37:50] | Jimmy, I know you did the right thing. | Jimmy,我知道你做的对 |
[37:52] | And… | 还有。。。 |
[37:54] | I’m grateful… | 我很满意。。。 |
[37:55] | for how things worked out, | 事情这样解决了 |
[37:56] | but… | 但是。。。 |
[37:57] | going behind my back | 背着我 |
[38:00] | to the police. | 去找警察 |
[38:01] | I didn’t want you knowing anything. | 我不想让你先知道 |
[38:03] | I didn’t wanna be hanging this | 我不想把这事的成败寄托在 |
[38:04] | on your poker skills with that guy. | 你跟那家伙斗心眼的技巧上 |
[38:07] | That’s not my point. | 我指的不是这个 |
[38:10] | What is your point? | 那你是指? |
[38:11] | You took a big risk with my life. | 你拿我的生命冒了一个大险 |
[38:14] | What if ballistics didn’t match? | 如果弹道测试不匹配呢? |
[38:16] | I could be going to jail right now. | 我现在就要出庭受审了 |
[38:17] | Look, making deals with guys like Herrick Smoltz | 听着,和Herrick Smoltz这样的家伙做交易 |
[38:21] | never turns out good. | 没有好下场 |
[38:23] | Once you go down that path– BRENDA: Again, | – 一旦你走上这条路。。。 – 我再说一遍 |
[38:25] | not the point. | 我不是指这个 |
[38:27] | You went behind my back. | 你背着我 |
[38:31] | It was dishonest. | 那是不诚实 |
[38:37] | Dishonest? | 不诚实 |
[38:40] | I don’t think I’m wearing | 我不认为我不应该被贴上不诚实的标签,Brenda |
[38:42] | the dishonesty badge here, Brenda. | 我不认为我不应该被贴上不诚实的标签,Brenda |
[38:44] | You lied to the police, | 你骗了警察 |
[38:46] | which I think can be explained by panic. | 我想这可以用恐慌来解释 |
[38:49] | But as I said, this here, this deal, | 但正如我所说,这个交易 |
[38:52] | it was criminal. | 是犯罪 |
[38:54] | It was fraud. | 那是欺诈罪 |
[38:56] | And it put my character into play. | 而这涉及到我的品行 |
[38:58] | And let me tell you something, | 我跟你这么说吧 |
[39:00] | if my character doesn’t matter to you, | 如果我的品行对你来说不重要 |
[39:04] | then I don’t matter to you. | 那么我也对你来说不重要 |
[39:09] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[39:10] | What “fine”? What? | “好吧”是什么意思? |
[39:11] | BRENDA: Like I said, I know | 我说了,我知道 |
[39:12] | you did the right thing. | 你做的是对的 |
[39:15] | But? | 但是呢? |
[39:16] | But I could’ve gone to jail. | 但是我本可能要去坐牢的 |
[39:18] | I could’ve been shot by that guy. | 我本可能被那家伙杀了 |
[39:20] | But as long as your conscience stayed protected, | 但只要你的良心得到保护 |
[39:23] | then, hey. | 那么就 |
[39:33] | I think I gotta go. | 我想我该走了 |
[39:40] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[40:08] | You got a second? | 有时间吗? |
[40:09] | Sure. | 当然 |
[40:15] | You told me you put me on that case to learn, | 你告诉我你把我安排在那个案子上是去学习 |
[40:18] | and I asked what it was I was supposed to be learning. | 我要问问我应该学些什么 |
[40:21] | Well, | 好吧 |
[40:23] | I just wanted you to know, | 我只想让你知道 |
[40:25] | I did learn. | 我确实学到了 |
[40:26] | And, uh… | 而且,呃。。。 |
[40:28] | people bemoan the death of dignity in our profession. | 人们哀叹我们职业尊严的沦丧 |
[40:32] | I just wish more of them could see you at work. | 我只希望他们中的更多人能看到你的工作 |
[40:48] | You did betray her, Jimmy. | 你背叛了她,Jimmy |
[40:50] | In your mind, it was for her own good, but… | 在你内心中,这是为了她自己,但是。。。 |
[40:55] | So… | 那么。。。 |
[40:56] | how did you leave it? | 你怎么办的? |
[40:57] | I just left. | 我就这么离开了 |
[41:00] | It’s not gonna work for us. | 我们没戏了 |
[41:01] | DONNELL: It’s too soon to say that. | 现在说还为时过早 |
[41:04] | But even if this doesn’t work, | 但即使没戏了 |
[41:07] | maybe it’s for the best. | 或许这样最好了 |
[41:11] | Bobby, | |
[41:13] | I know this sounds stupid, | 我知道这听起来很愚蠢 |
[41:16] | but I loved her so much | 但我很爱她 |
[41:19] | back in high school. | 回到高中时代 |
[41:22] | Probably an unhealthy worship kind of thing. | 可能是一种不健康的崇拜 |
[41:26] | But it all just came back. | 但那一切都回来了 |
[41:29] | You’re not who you were in high school. | 可你不再是高中时期的那个人 |
[41:31] | I know this. | 我明白 |
[41:34] | Except, | 除了 |
[41:36] | I’m 42 years old, | 我已经42岁了 |
[41:40] | and I’m lonely. | 我还是单身 |
[41:44] | And men like me, | 像我这样的人 |
[41:47] | we don’t get women like her. | 得不到像她那样的女人 |
[41:52] | Jimmy, | |
[41:55] | there are many, | 有很多 |
[41:56] | many women for you. | 很多适合你的女人 |
[42:00] | And one day– | 早晚有一天。。。 |
[42:01] | Yeah. I know. | 是啊,我知道 |
[42:07] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[42:09] | Let’s go get a beer. | 我们出去喝杯啤酒 |
[42:10] | I think I’m gonna sit for a minute. | 我想我要坐一会儿 |
[42:12] | You sure? | 是吗? |
[42:13] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[42:14] | I’m just gonna sit and– | 我只想要坐一会儿 |
[42:17] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[42:18] | You sure? | 真的吗? |
[42:20] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[42:24] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 我们明天见 |
[42:26] | Yup. | 好的 |
[42:28] | First thing. | 一大早儿见 |