时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | GAMBLE: Previously on The Practice. | 前集回顾未作翻译 |
[00:02] | I could actually go away for life | |
[00:03] | simply because I happened to look like somebody? | |
[00:05] | BERLUTI: Like somebody who stabbed three women. | |
[00:08] | Could you tell us what you found? | |
[00:09] | Jumper cables, tool kit. | |
[00:11] | We think that was his M.O. for approaching women, | |
[00:13] | disabling their cars and then coming to their rescue. | |
[00:16] | Get him to flash his rage. | |
[00:17] | Why? | |
[00:18] | Because you’re the prototype | |
[00:20] | of the women he kills. | |
[00:21] | GAMBLE: A talented, good-looking man | |
[00:23] | who still lives with his mother. | |
[00:25] | RUSSELL: We’re very compatible. | |
[00:26] | Ever had sex with her? | |
[00:27] | Objection! Objection! | |
[00:32] | WALSH: “Those who falsely accuse others | |
[00:34] | deserve punishment themselves.” | |
[00:36] | YOUNG: This is a thinly veiled threat | |
[00:38] | on a D. A.’s life, Russell. | |
[00:40] | Look, I don’t know what’s going on. | |
[00:41] | Maybe the real killer’s playing head games, | |
[00:43] | but I didn’t send that. | |
[00:45] | FOREMAN: We find the defendant, Russell Bakey, not guilty. | |
[00:48] | (sighs) | |
[00:49] | One might think this verdict takes you out of danger. | |
[00:53] | Let’s hope. | |
[00:56] | Lindsay? | |
[00:58] | Mr. Deeks? | |
[00:59] | DEEKS: I have a situation. | |
[01:01] | What’s the situation? | |
[01:02] | I had a relapse. | |
[01:06] | WYATT: Oh, my God. | |
[01:08] | DOLE: A client of mine has admitted to me | |
[01:10] | that he took Cindy’s life. | |
[01:13] | Privilege prevents me from telling you anything more. | |
[01:16] | I am so sorry. | |
[01:19] | MANTLE: I won’t make them reveal | |
[01:20] | the identity of their client, | |
[01:22] | but I am ordering them | |
[01:24] | to tell us where the body is. | |
[01:25] | This is privileged information, | |
[01:27] | and I won’t reveal it. | |
[01:29] | (door closes) | |
[01:30] | How long will they keep us? | |
[01:32] | Until we tell (sighs) | |
[01:35] | or until it becomes clear we won’t. | |
[01:39] | DONNELL: Eugene thinks, | Eugene认为 |
[01:40] | and I agree, that I should argue. | 我应该争一争,我也认为是 |
[01:41] | This judge obviously doesn’t respond to reason. | 这个法官很显然是不讲道理的 |
[01:44] | Perhaps the emotion of a husband | 或许一个丈夫恳求释放他妻子的情感会。。。 |
[01:47] | pleading to free his wife– | 或许一个丈夫恳求释放他妻子的情感会。。。 |
[01:48] | WYATT: Well, who’s gonna argue for me? | 那么,谁为我争一争呀? |
[01:50] | I don’t even have a boyfriend. | 我甚至连男朋友都没有 |
[01:51] | I’ll argue for both of you. | 你们俩我都管 |
[01:52] | How long can they hold us, really? | 说真的,他们能关我们多久? |
[01:55] | DONNELL: Well, once a contempt order | 这个嘛,一旦藐视法庭的裁决 |
[01:56] | proves to be futile, it’s usually lifted, | 被认为是徒劳的,通常就会解除 |
[01:59] | but with this judge… | 但这个法官。。。 |
[02:09] | RUSSELL: Helen. Hi. | Helen,嗨 |
[02:11] | Fancy meeting you here. | 很高兴在这里见到你 |
[02:14] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么? |
[02:15] | Actually, I’m delivering something, | 实际上,我来送一些东西 |
[02:19] | from my mother. | 我妈妈的 |
[02:24] | A summons? | 传票? |
[02:25] | And complaint. | 还有投诉 |
[02:27] | She’s maintaining you defamed her during my trial. | 她说你在我受审期间诽谤了她 |
[02:29] | She’s suing me? | 她要起诉我吗? |
[02:31] | RUSSELL: I tried to talk her out of suing you, but… | 我试图说服她不要起诉你,但是。。。 |
[02:32] | she, of course, thinks I’m biased towards you | 当然了,她认为我对你偏心是因为性吸引力 |
[02:34] | due to my sexual attraction. | 当然了,她认为我对你偏心是因为性吸引力 |
[02:38] | I told her, “Nonsense… | 我跟她说“别扯了。。。 |
[02:40] | One can have a crush and still be objective.” | 一个人可以陷入迷恋但还是能做到客观的” |
[02:43] | Don’t you agree? | 你不同意这个说法吗? |
[02:46] | I would agree your conduct rises | 我同意的是你的行为 |
[02:48] | to the level of an assault. | 已经达到人身攻击的程度了 |
[02:51] | You will be arrested within the hour, Mr. Bakey. | 你会在一小时之内被捕的,Bakey先生 |
[02:55] | That’s hostile. | 这算是敌意了 |
[03:50] | DONNELL: It’s been a week, Your Honor. | 法官大人,已经一个星期了 |
[03:52] | Clearly Ms. Dole and Ms. Wyatt | Dole和Wyatt女士很显然 |
[03:53] | aren’t going to reveal | 是不会透露 |
[03:54] | the location of the body. | 尸体的位置的 |
[03:56] | FIELD: A week is nothing weighed against the stakes. | 和重大利害关系相比一星期算不了什么 |
[03:58] | DONNELL: If we were talking about a live hostage, | 如果我们谈及的是一个还活着的人质 |
[04:00] | that would be one thing, | 那是一回事 |
[04:01] | but Cindy Burns is dead. | 但Cindy Burns已经死了 |
[04:04] | Turn around and look at Cindy Burns’ parents | 回头看看Cindy Burns的父母 |
[04:06] | and tell them it means nothing | 跟他们说给他们的女儿 |
[04:08] | to give their daughter a decent burial. | 一个体面的葬礼是毫无意义的吧 |
[04:10] | DONNELL: My heart goes out to the parents, | 我是同情这对儿父母的 |
[04:12] | as does Lindsay Dole’s, as does Claire Wyatt’s. | Lindsay Dole和Claire Wyatt亦然 |
[04:15] | But lawyer-client privilege is sacrosanct. | 但是律师当事人保密特权是神圣不可侵犯的 |
[04:19] | MANTLE: I don’t wanna hear it, counsel. | 我不想听这些,律师 |
[04:20] | They can either tell us where the body is or go back. | 她们要么告诉我们尸体在哪里,要么回牢房去 |
[04:23] | Well, then, at a minimum, they deserve a hearing | 好吧,那至少她们理应的得到一次 |
[04:25] | on the contempt issue. | 有关藐视法庭问题的听证会 |
[04:26] | And pending that, | 在那之前 |
[04:27] | as a matter of law, | 依照法律 |
[04:29] | bail has to be set. | 应该予以保释 |
[04:31] | I’ll schedule a hearing for July the 1st. | 我会把听证会定在7月1日 |
[04:34] | Bail is set at $10 million, | 保释金定为一千万美金 |
[04:36] | each, cash, no bond. | 一个人一千万,现金,债券不行 |
[04:46] | Clearly, a district attorney | 显然,地区检察官 |
[04:47] | enjoys immunity for statements made during a trial. | 享有审判期间所作陈述的豁免权 |
[04:49] | Qualified immunity, | 有条件的豁免权 |
[04:51] | and there have to be boundaries. | 且必须是有限度的 |
[04:53] | Ms. Gamble basically accused my client | Gamble女士基本上就是在指责我的当事人 |
[04:55] | of having a sexual relationship with her son. | 和他的儿子发生性关系 |
[04:58] | Sylvia Bakey’s reputation has been seriously stained. | Sylvia Bakey的声誉遭到严重的玷污 |
[05:01] | She has been discharged from her place of employment. | 她已被工作单位解雇了 |
[05:04] | The question was there. | 问题就摆在那里 |
[05:05] | Her ex-husband alleged child abuse | 她的前夫在离婚过程中声称存在儿童性虐待 |
[05:07] | during the divorce proceeding. | 她的前夫在离婚过程中声称存在儿童性虐待 |
[05:08] | PEDERSON: She had no good-faith basis | 她指控我的当事人是个猥亵儿童的人 |
[05:10] | to accuse my client of being a child molester. | 不是建立在诚实基础上的 |
[05:13] | ARNELLO: You don’t know what she knew, counsel, so– | 你又不是她肚子里的虫,律师,所以。。。 |
[05:15] | KEMP: All right, hold on. | 好了,打住吧 |
[05:16] | Look, I’m loath to erode the immunity | 听着,我不想破坏地区检察官 |
[05:19] | of district attorneys in criminal trials, | 在刑事审判中的豁免权 |
[05:21] | but I have to agree with counsel. | 但我不得不同意律师的意见 |
[05:24] | We can’t allow prosecutors to simply launch baseless bombs | 我们不能允许检察官就这么毫无根据地血口喷人 |
[05:27] | which can destroy reputations | 在不具诚信基础的情况下破坏他人名誉 |
[05:30] | without some good-faith basis. | 在不具诚信基础的情况下破坏他人名誉 |
[05:34] | I’m gonna allow the plaintiff to take discovery. | 我允许原告进行证据开示 (即要求双方对各自所拥有的证据进行交换) |
[05:36] | Your Honor– | 法官大人。。。 |
[05:36] | Come back with a motion for summary judgment | 如果你认为没有什么证据可交换 |
[05:39] | if you think they come up empty, | 那就提出即决审判的动议 |
[05:41] | but I won’t summarily kick it. | 总之我不会现在驳回这个案子 |
[05:42] | I don’t believe this. | 简直不敢相信 |
[05:43] | KEMP: And, Ms. Gamble, | 还有,Gamble |
[05:44] | I’m extremely distressed | 我对得知 |
[05:46] | to learn you issued an arrest warrant for Mr. Bakey. | 你向Bakey先生发出了一个逮捕令感到十分忧虑 |
[05:49] | As you know, using the threat of criminal prosecution | 你很清楚,使用刑事指控的威胁 |
[05:53] | to discourage a civil lawsuit | 去阻止一起民事诉讼 |
[05:55] | is grounds for disbarment. | 可以作为取消你律师资格的理由的 |
[05:57] | That arrest warrant is quashed, | 逮捕令被撤销了 |
[06:00] | and I’ll trust you to use better judgment in the future. | 我相信你以后脑子会清楚一些的 |
[06:04] | That’s all. | 就这样吧 |
[06:11] | I’ll make this go away. Don’t worry. | 我会把事解决掉的,别担心 |
[06:17] | Looks like we’ll all be spending some time together. | 看来我们会在一起度过一段时间了 |
[06:19] | Listen to me, Russell– Helen! – Helen! | – 你给我听好了,Russell。。。 |
[06:22] | Ms. Gamble is represented, Mr. Bakey. | Gamble女士是有代理律师的,Bakey先生 |
[06:24] | You’re to have no communication with her. | 你不能和她交流 |
[06:34] | What was that all about? | 这是怎么回事? |
[06:35] | You’re not gonna believe it, mom. | 你不会相信的,妈妈 |
[06:38] | She’s in love with me. | 她爱上我了 |
[06:42] | What? | 什么? |
[06:43] | She just told me she had feelings for me. | 她刚告诉我她对我有感觉 |
[06:46] | Russell, | |
[06:48] | may I have a word in private, please? | 可以私下谈几句吗? |
[06:52] | Yes, of course. | 当然可以 |
[06:57] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[06:58] | My mother, | 我妈妈 |
[07:00] | she’s insisting on suing her. | 她坚持要起诉她 |
[07:02] | I tried to dissuade her. | 我试图劝阻她 |
[07:04] | I’m beginning to think she’s not well, Jimmy. | 我开始觉得她不太舒服了, Jimmy |
[07:07] | Did you make a remark | 你说过你对Helen Gamble有性吸引力吗? |
[07:09] | that you were sexually attracted to Helen Gamble? | 你说过你对Helen Gamble有性吸引力吗? |
[07:11] | Is it a crime? | 这算犯罪吗? |
[07:13] | Tell me you’ve never thought about her. | 别跟我说你从没惦记过她 |
[07:14] | Listen to what I’m saying, Russell. | 好好听我说,Russell |
[07:17] | Helen Gamble is a friend of mine. | Helen Gamble是我的一个朋友 |
[07:20] | If you’re implying that I would hurt her, | 如果你暗示说我会伤害她 |
[07:23] | I’m very much offended, Jimmy. | 我会非常不舒服的,Jimmy |
[07:32] | FIELD: Ms. Dole, you’re free to go. | Dole女士,你被释放了 |
[07:35] | The judge has had a change of heart. | 法官改主意了 |
[07:38] | Have a lovely day. | 祝你愉快 |
[07:43] | What about Claire? | Claire呢? |
[07:44] | She stays. What? | – 她接着呆在这儿 – 什么? |
[07:45] | Why? FIELD: We consider her | – 为什么? – 我们考虑到她 |
[07:47] | a bigger threat to society. | 对社会有重大危害 |
[07:48] | What? | 什么? |
[07:50] | They think they can crack you. | 他们觉得能把你整垮 |
[07:51] | I’m staying right here. | 我就呆在这儿了 |
[07:53] | You don’t have that right. | 你无权这样做 |
[07:54] | DOLE: As her lawyer, I can certainly– | 作为一个律师,我当然。。。 |
[07:56] | Visiting hours are over. | 探视时间结束了 |
[07:57] | Guard, will you please escort Ms. Dole out? | 警卫,能请你把Dole女士送出去吗? |
[07:59] | I would like to have a conversation with her before– | 走之前我想和她谈谈。。。 |
[08:01] | You’ve had plenty of time to talk. | 你们已经谈得够多了 |
[08:02] | I won’t be telling you anything, you pig. | 我什么也不会告诉你们的,你个蠢猪 |
[08:05] | That’s certainly your call. | 这当然由你决定了 |
[08:09] | As I said, have a lovely day. | 我说过了,祝你愉快 |
[08:17] | They obviously feel they can wear her down | 很明显他们觉得如果我不和她在一起 |
[08:20] | if I’m not with her. | 就可以把她拖垮 |
[08:21] | Physically divide and conquer. | 分而治之 |
[08:24] | Will they wear her down? | 能把她拖垮吗? |
[08:25] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得不会 |
[08:26] | She’s pretty tough. | 她很坚强 |
[08:29] | Bobby, why weren’t you | Bobby,你为什么不。。。 |
[08:32] | (sighs) never mind. | 算了不说了 |
[08:35] | Why wasn’t I what? | 你指什么? |
[08:39] | I thought the point of you arguing this morning | 我以为你今天早上争论的重点是 |
[08:41] | was to get a little added emotion on our side, | 为我方争取一些额外的情感方面的因素 |
[08:43] | a husband fighting to free his wife. | 比如一个为了让妻子得到释放的丈夫 |
[08:45] | And? | 然而? |
[08:46] | DOLE: And you pretty much argued | 然而你差不多就是 |
[08:48] | like I was just another client. | 把我当成一个当事人而已 |
[08:50] | You even called me Ms. Dole. | 你甚至管我叫Dole女士 |
[08:53] | What’s with that? | 那算什么呀? |
[08:55] | A little feeling would have been nice, | 带点感情会好一些 |
[08:57] | don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗? |
[08:58] | A little feeling? | 带点感情? |
[09:00] | You’re accusing me of not feeling? | 你是指责我没有感情吗? |
[09:02] | What does that supposed to mean? | 你这是什么意思? |
[09:14] | May I help you? | 有什么事吗? |
[09:15] | Delivery for Lindsay Dole. | 给Lindsay Dole送快递 |
[09:17] | We’ll talk later, okay? | 我们稍后再谈,好吗? |
[09:27] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干嘛? |
[09:28] | I need to know what’s going on. | 我要知道情况如何了 |
[09:30] | DOLE: Stanley, it’s dangerous for you to show up here. | Stanley,来这儿对你太危险了 |
[09:32] | That’s why I’m disguised as a messenger. | 所以我才装成邮差 |
[09:35] | Where’s Claire? | Claire呢? |
[09:36] | They’re still holding her. | 还被关着呢 |
[09:37] | Evidently, they believe they can appeal | 显然他们相信 |
[09:38] | to her conscience. | 能唤起她的良知 |
[09:39] | I didn’t mean to cause you these problems. | 我不是故意给你惹这些麻烦的 |
[09:43] | I owe you my life | 我欠你一条命 |
[09:45] | and now I’m causing you such problems. | 现在我给你带来了这样的麻烦 |
[09:48] | Claire and I will be okay, | Claire和我会没事的 |
[09:49] | but you… | 但是你。。。 |
[09:50] | you’re gonna get caught by coming here. | 你来这会被抓住的 |
[09:52] | Is it this judge? | 就是因为这个法官吗? |
[09:54] | He seems crazy. | 他似乎疯了吧 |
[09:56] | What if… | 如果 |
[09:58] | he were to disappear? | 他消失了会怎么样? |
[10:01] | What? | 什么? |
[10:02] | I could make a delivery to him. | 我可以给他送快递 |
[10:04] | If you’re even suggesting | 如果你在暗示的 |
[10:06] | what I think you’re suggesting… | 就是我所理解你在暗示的。。。 |
[10:08] | DEEKS: It’s just that… | 只是。。。 |
[10:10] | I owe you… | 我欠你。。。 |
[10:11] | everything. | 所有一切 |
[10:14] | The thought of somebody causing you pain… | 想到有人让你痛苦。。。 |
[10:17] | Stanley, | |
[10:18] | you will not be making any deliveries to the judge | 你不要给法官送快递 |
[10:21] | or involve yourself in this in any way. | 或者以任何形式卷进来 |
[10:24] | If you do, I will go to the police myself | 如果你那么做了,我就自己去找警方 |
[10:27] | and turn you in. | 告发你 |
[10:30] | Are we clear? | 听明白了吗? |
[10:32] | The idea of somebody | 一想到有人 |
[10:33] | hurting you or Claire– | 伤害你或者Claire。。。 |
[10:40] | Ms. Dole, | Dole女士 |
[10:42] | may I speak with you? | 我可以和你谈谈吗? |
[10:47] | I’m afraid I can’t. | 恐怕不行 |
[10:49] | It’ll only just take a second. | 就一小会儿 |
[10:51] | DOLE: I believe I signed for the package, sir. | 先生,我想我签收了包裹 |
[10:54] | You may leave. | 你可以走了 |
[11:03] | I know that you have | 我知道你有 |
[11:04] | your professional responsibilities, | 你的职业责任 |
[11:06] | but I also know that… | 但我也知道。。。 |
[11:09] | that you’re a mother. | 你是个母亲 |
[11:11] | And if I could just appeal– | 如果我能恳求你。。。 |
[11:12] | DOLE: I’m sorry, Mrs. Burns, | 对不起,Burns夫人 |
[11:14] | but I can’t have this conversation, | 我不能和你说话 |
[11:16] | and I must ask you to leave. | 我必须请你离开 |
[11:18] | Please tell me where my daughter is. | 请告诉我我女儿在哪里 |
[11:23] | I really need you to leave. | 我真的要请你离开 |
[11:45] | You can’t hold me like this. | 你不能这样关着我 |
[11:47] | And I have a Sixth Amendment right to counsel. | 况且我有第六修正案赋予我请律师的权力 |
[11:49] | You can’t even legally talk to me. | 甚至你跟我说话都不合法 |
[11:50] | FIELD: Claire, your constitutional rights | Claire,你的宪法权利 |
[11:52] | are only relevant should you be put on trial. | 只有在你受审的时候才有意义 |
[11:54] | We don’t plan to put you on trial. | 我们不打算让你受审 |
[11:57] | Then why am I in jail?! | 那我为什么要坐牢?! |
[11:58] | FIELD: Look, I know you’re agonizing over this, | 听着,我知道你现在十分痛苦 |
[12:01] | but believe it or not, | 不管你信不信 |
[12:03] | the law allows you to tell us the location of the body. | 法律是允许你告诉我们尸体所在的 |
[12:06] | In fact, in not telling us, | 实际上,不告诉我们的话 |
[12:08] | you’re possibly at risk for concealing evidence. | 你可能是冒着隐瞒证据的风险 |
[12:12] | Are you threatening me now? | 你现在是威胁我吗? |
[12:13] | FIELD: No. | 不是 |
[12:14] | I’m just saying, | 我只是说 |
[12:15] | you can legally follow your conscience here. | 你现在可以合法地遵循你的良知行事 |
[12:26] | Also… | 还有。。。 |
[12:28] | maybe I’m talking out of turn here, | 也许我有些多嘴 |
[12:30] | but I’m gonna say it anyway. | 但我还是要说 |
[12:32] | For criminal attorneys like Lindsay Dole | 像Lindsay Dole和Bobby Donnell |
[12:35] | and Bobby Donnell and so forth, | 这类的刑事律师 |
[12:36] | reputation doesn’t matter. | 名誉并不重要 |
[12:38] | The only thing that counts is your win-loss record. | 唯一重要的是输赢记录 |
[12:42] | But for civil attorneys, | 但对于民事律师 |
[12:43] | which I believe is what you plan to be, | 我相信你是想做民事律师的 |
[12:45] | reputation is everything. | 名誉就是一切 |
[12:49] | And what you’re doing now | 而你现在所做的 |
[12:51] | refusing to reveal to grieving parents | 拒绝向一对儿悲伤的父母透露 |
[12:53] | where their deceased daughter is, | 他们死去的女儿在哪里 |
[12:55] | your reputation may never recover from it. | 你的名誉可能永远也不会恢复了 |
[12:58] | Help yourself. | 帮帮你自己吧 |
[12:59] | I’m trying to be your friend here. | 我现在是试图做你的朋友 |
[13:04] | Mr. Field, | Field先生 |
[13:07] | you’re trying to get me to break privilege. | 你是在试图让我违反保密特权 |
[13:11] | When it comes to a lawyer’s reputation, | 说到律师的名誉 |
[13:13] | nothing is more important | 没有比尊重律师当事人保密特权更重要的事了 |
[13:15] | than honoring attorney-client privilege. | 没有比尊重律师当事人保密特权更重要的事了 |
[13:17] | It would disgrace me to violate it. | 违反它会使我丢脸的 |
[13:21] | So, don’t pretend to be my friend here. | 所以不要装成是我的朋友 |
[13:23] | I’m telling you nothing. | 我什么也不会告诉你 |
[13:26] | You can keep me locked up here forever. | 你可以把我永远关在这里 |
[13:28] | I’m telling you nothing. | 我什么也不会告诉你 |
[13:47] | Need a jump? | 需要帮你打火吗? |
[13:52] | I’m not a mechanic, | 我不是机械师 |
[13:53] | but I think you flooded it a little. | 但我想你的发动机有点进水了 |
[14:03] | Come near me again, I’ll have you shot dead. | 再靠近我一次,我会毙了你 |
[14:14] | Trying to help. | 不过是想帮个忙而已 |
[14:21] | I talked to him once, Helen. | 我跟他说过一次,Helen |
[14:23] | YOUNG: Maybe you should go for a restraining order. | 也许你应该申请一份禁制令 |
[14:24] | With what? He certainly | 凭什么呢?他肯定 |
[14:26] | had a right to be in the building. | 有权进这幢大楼的 |
[14:27] | My car didn’t start, so– | 我的车打不着,所以。。。 |
[14:29] | Was it tampered with? | 车被做了手脚吗? |
[14:30] | How would I know? | 我怎么会知道? |
[14:31] | Maybe I did flood it. | 也许我给弄进水去了 |
[14:32] | I didn’t dust the hood for his prints. | 我没有在引擎盖上采集他的指纹 |
[14:34] | BERLUTI: Helen, put the police on him. | Helen,让警察来对付他 |
[14:36] | You have more resources than we do. | 你的手段比我们多 |
[14:38] | In which case I’m accused of using the threat | 那样的话我被指责使用威胁 |
[14:40] | of prosecution to discourage a civil lawsuit. | 阻止民事诉讼的起诉 |
[14:44] | Come on, I’ll be hauled before the bar. | 想想吧,我会被拉到律师协会的 |
[14:46] | But if you think he’s threatening you– | 但如果你认为他是在威胁你。。。 |
[14:47] | GAMBLE: Eugene, I have no proof. | Eugene,我没证据。 |
[14:51] | Without asking you to violate | 不是要求你违反 |
[14:53] | your attorney-client privilege, | 你的律师当事人保密特权 |
[14:56] | could he have– | 他能。。。 |
[14:57] | what am I dealing with here? | 我要应付的到底是什么? |
[14:59] | Can you tell me that? | 你能告诉我吗? |
[15:05] | I’m in a lawsuit with them. | 我在和他们打官司 |
[15:07] | What exactly am I dealing with? | 我到底要对付的是什么呀? |
[15:10] | Look, if he does anything else, | 这样吧,如果他再干出点别的什么 |
[15:12] | I’d go for the restraining order. | 我会去申请禁制令 |
[15:14] | It’s his mother’s lawsuit. | 毕竟是他妈妈提出的诉讼 |
[15:16] | He doesn’t necessarily have the right | 他不一定有权一直呆在法庭 |
[15:18] | to be in the room all the time. | 他不一定有权一直呆在法庭 |
[15:19] | GAMBLE: I’d like to get a restraining order now, | 我现在就像拿到禁制令 |
[15:23] | but I need more to get it. | 但我需要多点理由 |
[15:25] | Could you please give me something? | 你们能给我提供些什么吗? |
[15:34] | Great. | 真行 |
[15:38] | Thanks. | 真够意思 |
[15:49] | Claire, | |
[15:52] | these are Cindy’s parents, | 这是Cindy的父母 |
[15:54] | John and Marsha Burns. | John和Marsha Burns夫妇 |
[15:56] | Okay, that does it! Get me my lawyer! | 好了,我受够了!给我找律师! |
[15:58] | You don’t automatically have– | 你不会有。。。 |
[15:59] | I will scream and continue to scream | 见不到我的律师 |
[16:01] | until I meet with my attorney. | 我就一直不停地尖叫 |
[16:02] | Do not think I am kidding. | 别以为我说着玩儿的 |
[16:04] | I just want you to hear what they have to say. | 我只希望你听听他们要说什么 |
[16:11] | DOLE: It’s one thing to incarcerate somebody. | 监禁某人是一回事 |
[16:12] | It’s another to subject her | 而迫使她屈服于这种公然的胁迫 |
[16:14] | to this kind of blatant coercion. | 则是另一回事 |
[16:15] | The parents just wanted to talk to her. | 那对儿父母只是想和她谈谈 |
[16:18] | Right. | 说得真轻巧 |
[16:19] | MANTLE: There’s nothing illegal | 强制审讯并没有违法,律师 |
[16:20] | about coercive interrogation, counsel. | 强制审讯并没有违法,律师 |
[16:22] | You just can’t use the fruits of it at trial. | 只不过是不能在庭审中使用审讯结果而已 |
[16:24] | DOLE: The Sixth Amendment says, | 第六修正案规定 |
[16:25] | “All questions have to stop | “一旦嫌犯要求找律师 |
[16:27] | once a suspect asks for a lawyer.” | 所有的盘问必须停止” |
[16:29] | That’s not an evidentiary rule. | 这不是证据获取的规则问题 |
[16:31] | It’s in the Bill of Rights. | 这是属于权利法案的范畴 |
[16:32] | MANTLE: Look, short of physical torture, | 听着,除了体罚 |
[16:34] | they can do anything they want. | 他们想做什么都可以 |
[16:36] | If they wanna use it as evidence, | 如果他们想用其作为证据 |
[16:38] | that’s a different story. | 那就是另一回事了 |
[16:39] | But so far, your only remedy | 但到目前为止,你唯一的解决办法 |
[16:41] | could be a civil lawsuit, | 可能是提起一个民事诉讼 |
[16:43] | in which case I’d say “Good luck.” | 对此我只能说“祝你好运” |
[16:45] | This is an abuse of their discretion, | 这是对他们自由裁量权的滥用 |
[16:47] | Your Honor, and yours. | 你也是,法官大人 |
[16:48] | Tell somebody who cares. | 去和在乎的人说去吧 |
[16:50] | If Claire Wyatt wants out, she knows what to do. | 如果Claire Wyatt想出去,她知道该干什么 |
[16:54] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[17:02] | Any ideas? | 有什么主意吗? |
[17:03] | Jamie’s drafting an interlocutory appeal | Jamie正在以滥用自由裁量权为由起草一个中间上诉 (通常上诉是指在案件审理后对判决结果的上诉, 中间上诉是在案件审理期间对其中某个问题提起上诉) |
[17:05] | on abuse-of-discretion grounds. | Jamie正在以滥用自由裁量权为由起草一个中间上诉 (通常上诉是指在案件审理后对判决结果的上诉, 中间上诉是在案件审理期间对其中某个问题提起上诉) |
[17:07] | I’m not sure we’ll have any luck, but– | 我不相信会碰上好运气,但是。。。 |
[17:10] | Lindsay? | |
[17:12] | Are you listening? | 你在听吗? |
[17:13] | What? | 什么? |
[17:14] | Yeah, that sounds good. | 哦,听起来还不错 |
[17:15] | Let’s file an appeal. | 那就提起一个上诉吧 |
[17:19] | What are you looking at? | 你在看什么? |
[17:21] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[17:30] | Did you tell my son you’d have him shot dead? | 你是跟我儿子说你会毙了他吗? |
[17:35] | Mrs. Bakey, | Bakey夫人 |
[17:36] | we’re adversaries in a lawsuit. | 我们是一场诉讼中的对手 |
[17:38] | We both have lawyers. | 我们都有律师 |
[17:39] | If a person threatens my son, | 如果有人威胁了我儿子 |
[17:41] | I tend to be direct. | 我倾向于直接把话说清楚 |
[17:42] | You’re here taking issue | 你来这儿是要就我威胁你儿子的事吵架的吗? |
[17:43] | with me threatening your son? | 你来这儿是要就我威胁你儿子的事吵架的吗? |
[17:45] | SYLVIA: What, I’m supposed to be okay with it? | 怎么,我应该不当回事吗? |
[17:47] | Your son’s a serial killer. | 你的儿子是个连环杀手 |
[17:49] | You couldn’t prove it to a jury, Ms. Gamble. | 你无法向陪审团证明这一点,Gamble女士 |
[17:52] | You will never prove it to me, I assure you. | 我向你保证,你也永远无法向我证明 |
[17:54] | Well, I don’t have to prove it to you. | 我不需要向你证明 |
[17:58] | You’re the one person who knows | 你就是那个知道他那些晚上不在家的人 |
[17:59] | he wasn’t home alone with you those nights. | 你就是那个知道他那些晚上不在家的人 |
[18:03] | I didn’t come here to fight, Ms. Gamble. Just– | 我不是来打架的,Gamble女士。只是。。。 |
[18:08] | Russell… | |
[18:09] | swears to me… | 对我发誓。。。 |
[18:11] | that you threatened to have him shot dead. | 你威胁说要杀了他 |
[18:14] | Did you really say that? | 你说了那些话吗? |
[18:19] | I did, yes. | 是的,我说了 |
[18:22] | Did you also… | 你还。。。 |
[18:25] | give him some indication | 给了他一些 |
[18:29] | that you might love him? | 你可能爱上他的表示? |
[18:32] | What? | 什么? |
[18:34] | You gave him no such indication? | 你没给他这些表示吗? |
[18:37] | I think not. | 我认为没有 |
[18:42] | Mrs. Bakey, hold on. | Bakey夫人,等一下 |
[18:46] | So, you’re not here to confront me, | 这么说,你来这儿不是来质问我 |
[18:48] | but rather to determine | 而是为了确定 |
[18:50] | whether Russell’s being honest with you? | Russell是否对你说了实话? |
[18:53] | Your son’s been acquitted. | 你的儿子已经被判无罪了 |
[18:55] | He can’t be retried. | 因为一罪不二审原则 |
[18:57] | Double jeopardy prevents that. | 他不会被重新起诉 |
[18:59] | Was he home with you those nights? | 那些晚上他和你在家里吗? |
[19:03] | If you have reasonable doubt | 如果你有合理怀疑 |
[19:05] | then I guess you agree with the jury’s verdict. | 我想你应该遵从陪审团的裁决 |
[19:07] | I don’t care about the jury’s verdict, | 我不关心陪审团的裁决 |
[19:10] | nor do I have any interest | 也对起诉你作伪证不感兴趣 |
[19:12] | in prosecuting you for perjury. | 也对起诉你作伪证不感兴趣 |
[19:15] | It’s understandable. | 这是可以理解的 |
[19:16] | Any mother would want to protect her son. | 任何做母亲的都想保护自己的儿子 |
[19:20] | But it would not be understandable to do so | 但以牺牲他人生命为代价 |
[19:23] | at the expense of others’ lives. | 就不会是可以理解的了 |
[19:26] | Mrs. Bakey, what if he should kill again? | Bakey夫人,如果他再杀人呢? |
[19:30] | He’s not a killer. | 他不是凶手 |
[19:33] | GAMBLE: He’s threatened me. | 他威胁了我 |
[19:34] | He approached me in the parking lot | 他今天下午在停车场拿着电缆 |
[19:36] | this afternoon with jumper cables. | 凑到我跟前 |
[19:38] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么? |
[19:40] | GAMBLE: Yes, my car wouldn’t start, | 我的车打不着火了 |
[19:42] | and suddenly, here he comes offering to help. | 突然间,他过来要帮我忙 |
[19:47] | Mrs. Bakey, | Bakey夫人 |
[19:50] | I received this message during his trial. | 在庭审期间我收到了这样的信息 |
[19:55] | If you didn’t send this, | 如果不是你发的 |
[19:58] | he did. | 就是他发的 |
[20:03] | Whose idea was it really to sue me? | 起诉我到底是谁的注意? |
[20:07] | Yours… | 你的。。。 |
[20:09] | or his? | 还是他的? |
[20:18] | What else did she say? | 她还说了什么? |
[20:19] | GAMBLE: It’s what she didn’t say. | 问题在于她没说什么 |
[20:21] | If I read her correctly, | 如果我理解得没错 |
[20:23] | I think it’s now dawning on her, | 我想她现在明白了 |
[20:26] | her son might actually be a murderer. | 她的儿子可能是个杀人犯 |
[20:29] | What good it does us now, I don’t know, | 这对我们现在有什么作用,我不知道 |
[20:31] | since he’s already been acquitted. | 因为他已经被判无罪了 |
[20:37] | What? What are you thinking? | 你在想什么? |
[20:39] | There may be a way. | 也许有一个办法 |
[20:41] | Do you think this woman would actually help us now? | 你认为这个女人现在真的会帮助我们吗? |
[20:44] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[20:45] | She seemed pretty conflicted when she left my office. | 她离开我的办公室时似乎很矛盾 |
[20:48] | Set up a little settlement conference on your lawsuit. | 就你的诉讼安排一个小的和解会议 |
[20:53] | There may be a way. | 也许是个办法 |
[21:07] | Lindsay… | |
[21:09] | we seem to be in a stage | 我们似乎又处于一个无法沟通的阶段了 |
[21:11] | of not communicating again. | 我们似乎又处于一个无法沟通的阶段了 |
[21:14] | Oh, it’s just a stage? | 哦,只是一个阶段吗? |
[21:18] | I’m sorry. I guess | 真抱歉,我想 |
[21:19] | I should be relieved to know | 我应该对你至少认为 |
[21:20] | that you at least consider it a problem. | 这是个问题而感到宽慰了 |
[21:24] | Look at that. | 看看吧 |
[21:26] | I come in to talk, | 我来找你谈 |
[21:27] | and you start attacking me. | 而你却开始指责我 |
[21:30] | DOLE: I’m not attacking you. | 我不是在指责你 |
[21:32] | When’s the last time we talked about anything? | 我们最近一次沟通是什么时候的事了? |
[21:35] | You know what? | 跟你说吧 |
[21:36] | Forget it. | 当我没来 |
[21:37] | Ah. | 哼 |
[21:38] | No, don’t go “Ah.” | 别,别“哼” |
[21:39] | I came in here to talk! | 我来这儿是想谈谈的! |
[21:41] | For the record, you shut it down, not me. | 记住,是你不谈的,不是我 |
[21:51] | And get this package out of here. | 还有,把这破包裹拿走 |
[21:53] | It practically blocks the hall. | 几乎把走廊都堵上了 |
[21:55] | What package? | 什么包裹? |
[22:04] | Oh, no. | 噢,不会吧 |
[22:11] | I think it’s her! | 我觉得是她! |
[22:12] | What? | 什么? |
[22:13] | I think that package is Cindy Burns, | 我觉得包裹里是Cindy Burns |
[22:15] | the 14-year-old. | 14岁的那个女孩 |
[22:17] | I–my client was upset about Claire being held, | 我。。。我的当事人对Claire还被关着很不满 |
[22:19] | and he felt bad for the parents, and– | 他为那对儿父母感到难过,就。。。 |
[22:21] | He sent you the body? | 他把尸体送给你了? |
[22:22] | DOLE: I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:25] | But it doesn’t say what it is | 但没注明里面是什么 |
[22:26] | or where it came from. | 或者谁寄来的 |
[22:27] | I just have a bad feeling. | 我就是有不好的预感 |
[22:35] | MAN: Okay. Come on. Work. | 来,闻闻 |
[22:36] | Work. | 闻闻 |
[22:39] | MAN: All clear. | 好了 |
[22:40] | McGUIRE: Okay. Let’s open it up. | 那我们打开吧 |
[22:46] | No note? Nothing? | 没有便条吗?什么也没有? |
[22:47] | No. | 没有 |
[22:53] | You didn’t see anybody drop it off? | 你没看到有人放在这儿吗? |
[22:54] | No. | 没有 |
[23:18] | Get the coroner. | 去找验尸官 |
[23:20] | I need you | 我需要你 |
[23:21] | and I need you for questioning. | 还有你接受询问 |
[23:31] | I don’t understand. | 我不理解 |
[23:33] | Why can’t I be here? | 我为什么不能来这儿? |
[23:35] | ARNELLO: Because it’s a settlement conference. | 因为这是一次商议和解的会议 |
[23:37] | Only the parties themselves | 只有他们双方可以参加 |
[23:38] | may be present. | 只有他们双方可以参加 |
[23:39] | Why is he here? | 他为什么在这儿? |
[23:40] | I’m here as counsel, | 我是做为律师的身份 |
[23:42] | Mr. Serial killer. | 连环杀手先生 |
[23:44] | SYLVIA: It’s okay, Russell. | 不要紧的,Russell |
[23:46] | It’s okay. | 不要紧的 |
[23:48] | They’re planning to terrorize you, mother. | 他们打算恐吓你,妈妈 |
[23:50] | I’ll protect your mother, Russell. | 我会保护你妈妈的,Russell |
[23:52] | Go ahead. | 走吧 |
[24:04] | GAMBLE: Mrs. Bakey, I think we’re all | Bakey女士,我想我们 |
[24:07] | on the same side here | 都一致认为 |
[24:09] | feeling your son needs help. | 你的儿子需要得到帮助 |
[24:10] | What’s going on here? | 这怎么回事? |
[24:12] | SYLVIA: Is that what this is all about? | 来这儿就是谈这些吗? |
[24:13] | You said you had an offer. | 你说你要提一个交易条件 |
[24:15] | GAMBLE: We do have an offer. | 我们确实有个交易条件 |
[24:17] | It would involve me retracting | 其中包括我收回我的诽谤性言论 |
[24:19] | my defamatory comments. | 其中包括我收回我的诽谤性言论 |
[24:21] | It would involve us agreeing | 包括我们同意 |
[24:23] | not to prosecute Mrs. Bakey for perjury, | 不因伪证罪起诉Bakey夫人 |
[24:26] | but it would also involve | 但也包括 |
[24:28] | Mrs. Bakey’s full cooperation | Bakey夫人要全力配合 |
[24:30] | in preventing other women | 防止其他妇女遭到杀害 |
[24:32] | from being killed | 防止其他妇女遭到杀害 |
[24:34] | and getting her son the medical help | 并给予她的儿子所急需的医疗救助 |
[24:36] | he so desperately needs. | 并给予她的儿子所急需的医疗救助 |
[24:39] | We’re not talking about prison or jail. | 我们不是在谈看守所或者监狱 |
[24:43] | We are talking about Russell | 我们讨论的是让Russell |
[24:45] | being civilly committed. | 接受精神病监护治疗 |
[24:49] | Mrs. Bakey, he will kill again. | Bakey夫人,他还会再杀人的 |
[24:54] | I believe you know that. | 我相信你明白这点 |
[25:02] | In a package? | 在邮包里? |
[25:03] | We’ll talk about it later, Claire. | 我们等会儿再说这事,Claire |
[25:05] | It was just delivered to you? | 就那么寄给你了? |
[25:07] | Later. | 等会儿说 |
[25:08] | Was it FedEx or regular mail? | 是联邦快递还是普件? |
[25:09] | Later, Claire. | 等会儿再说,Claire |
[25:12] | GAMBLE: The bottom line | 重点在于 |
[25:13] | is we can’t do it without you. | 没有你的配合不行 |
[25:16] | The standard is so high. | 精神病监护治疗的标准很高 |
[25:19] | How long would he go away for? | 他要进去多久? |
[25:21] | WALSH: Could be as short as four days, | 短则四天 |
[25:23] | as long as six months. | 长则六个月 |
[25:25] | And if it’s determined | 如果届时确定 |
[25:28] | that he still poses a danger, | 他还是对社会有危险 |
[25:30] | he could be held longer. | 还会再长一些 |
[25:32] | ARNELLO: The main thing | 最主要的是 |
[25:34] | is to get him treatment. | 让他得到治疗 |
[25:36] | Nobody here wants another death. | 没人希望再死人 |
[25:40] | I still can’t believe he did… | 我还不是不相信他做了。。。 |
[25:44] | those awful things. | 那些可怕的事情 |
[25:46] | The issue is whether he might do it again. | 问题在于他是否可能再犯 |
[25:51] | WALSH: We know you love your son, Mrs. Bakey, | 我们知道你爱你的儿子,Bakey夫人 |
[25:53] | but he needs you to step in now | 但是他需要你现在 |
[25:56] | and be a parent. | 作为一个家长介入 |
[26:02] | They’re gonna section 12 him. | 他们打算用第十二节规定处置他 |
[26:04] | They’re gonna what? | 他们打算干什么? |
[26:05] | Section 12 him. | 用第十二节规定处置他 |
[26:06] | STRINGER: What’s a section 12? | 第十二节规定是什么? |
[26:07] | BERLUTI: Civil commitment. | 精神监护治疗 |
[26:09] | YOUNG: Who called you? | 谁打电话给你的? |
[26:10] | Russell called, | Russell打电话来 |
[26:11] | confused as to why he had | 不明白他为什么 |
[26:12] | to suddenly go to court. | 突然要出庭 |
[26:13] | I called the clerk’s office. | 我打电话给法庭书记处 |
[26:15] | They’re gonna section 12 him. | 他们第十二节规定处置他 |
[26:16] | How? | 怎么会呢? |
[26:17] | What have they got? | 他们凭什么? |
[26:18] | He’s a wacko psycho, | 他是个疯子 |
[26:20] | that’s what they’ve got. | 他们凭的就是这个 |
[26:21] | He asked us to represent him. | 他要我做他的律师 |
[26:22] | And you said no. | 你要说不 |
[26:24] | Ellenor, | |
[26:24] | I don’t like the guy, | 我不喜欢这家伙 |
[26:25] | but this isn’t right. | 但这是他的权力 |
[26:26] | What they’re trying to do here is– | 他们正打算做的事是。。。 |
[26:27] | You said no. | 你要说不 |
[26:36] | I’ll tell him no. | 我会跟他说不行的 |
[26:41] | DOLE: So, who will represent him, then? | 那么,谁做他的律师呢? |
[26:43] | DONNELL: (sighs) They’ll appoint somebody. | 他们会指派一个人 |
[26:46] | I talked to Helen. | 我跟Helen谈过 |
[26:48] | I mean she really is freaked out by the guy. | 我是说她真的被那家伙吓坏了 |
[26:51] | How couldn’t she be? | 她不怕才怪吧? |
[26:53] | It’s not like her to scare. | 害怕可不是她的作风 |
[26:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:01] | 8:00. | 八点 |
[27:02] | It’s late enough to go home. | 太晚了该回家了 |
[27:05] | What do you mean by that? | 你说这话什么意思? |
[27:06] | I mean by the time we go home, eat, | 我是说等我们回家吃完饭 |
[27:09] | get Bobby Jr. tucked in, | 把小Bobby哄上床睡觉时 |
[27:11] | it’ll be close to 9:30, 10:00, | 差不多要快九点半到十点了 |
[27:13] | we’ll be officially too tired to talk | 我们会因为太累而无法交谈 |
[27:15] | and we can go to bed, | 我们可以上床睡觉 |
[27:18] | putting off communication | 冠冕堂皇地把沟通 |
[27:19] | for yet another day. | 又推迟一天 |
[27:25] | You know why… | 你知道为什么。。。 |
[27:27] | we put off communication, Bobby? | 我们推迟了沟通,Bobby? |
[27:30] | Because we have a son. | 因为我们有儿子 |
[27:32] | It’s important to him | 对他来说很重要的是 |
[27:34] | that we be together, | 我们在一起 |
[27:36] | that we be happy together, | 快乐地在一起 |
[27:37] | that we feel happy individually. | 并且我们各自都觉得快乐 |
[27:40] | I mean how would we ever go on pretending all that | 我是说如果我们真的了解了我们之间的问题 |
[27:42] | if we actually address what’s going on between us? | 我们怎么能继续装下去呢? |
[27:48] | Say what you have to say, Lindsay. | 想说什么就说出来吧,Lindsay |
[27:51] | Okay. | 那好 |
[27:52] | I’ve been trying to get you to talk | 一年来,我一直想让你开口谈谈 |
[27:54] | for a year. | 一年来,我一直想让你开口谈谈 |
[27:57] | You’re the one always too tired, | 你总是太累了 |
[27:58] | too overwhelmed by work. | 被工作压垮了 |
[28:01] | I’ve been trying to get you to go to therapy. | 我一直想让你去做做心理治疗 |
[28:02] | You say you don’t believe in it. | 你说你不信那些玩意儿 |
[28:03] | Now because I fail to tell you | 现在因为我没有告诉你 |
[28:05] | where some dead body is, | 某具尸体在哪儿 |
[28:07] | you’re alarmed | 你才担心我们之间的沟通出问题了吗? |
[28:08] | over our communication problems? | 你才担心我们之间的沟通出问题了吗? |
[28:10] | I mean how do you figure me to understand that, | 我是说你觉得我是怎么理解的 |
[28:13] | to not be angry over it? | 不会对此生气吗? |
[28:21] | Think back. | 回想一下 |
[28:24] | Try to remember the last time you touched me. | 好好想想上一次你和我亲热是什么时候 |
[28:27] | Our sex life could be symptomatic | 我们的性生活可能反映出了我们沟通的问题 |
[28:30] | of our communication problem. | 我们的性生活可能反映出了我们沟通的问题 |
[28:33] | That doesn’t occur to you? | 你没想到吗? |
[28:36] | Excellent answer. | 回答得真棒 |
[28:38] | Here’s what occurs to me. | 我现在想到的是 |
[28:43] | You’re not in love with me. | 你不爱我了 |
[28:47] | And I may not be a mind reader, but… | 我可能不是一个会读心术的人,但是。。。 |
[28:52] | I can certainly tell when– | 我当然知道什么时候。。。 |
[28:54] | given your newfound commitment to the truth, | 鉴于你重新坦诚面对真相 |
[28:57] | let’s just commit to it. | 让我们承认吧 |
[29:02] | You’re not in love with me. | 你不爱我了 |
[29:14] | Delivery for Lindsay Dole. | 给Lindsay Dole送的货 |
[29:20] | Get in here. | 进来 |
[29:25] | Bobby, give me a second | Bobby,让我和这个送花的人呆一会儿,好吗? |
[29:26] | with the flower man, would you? | Bobby,让我和这个送花的人呆一会儿,好吗? |
[29:27] | Excuse me? He’s a client. | – 什么? – 他是个当事人 |
[29:29] | I need a minute. | 我需要一点时间 |
[29:30] | It’s private. Go. | 这是私人谈话,走吧 |
[29:32] | Now, please? | 现在就走,好吗? |
[29:41] | All right, now, you listen– | 好吧,现在,你听我说。。。 |
[29:42] | I was just– You don’t talk! | – 这只是。。。 – 你别说话! |
[29:44] | You’re to walk out that door | 你现在出去 |
[29:45] | and never come back. | 永远别回来 |
[29:48] | You don’t deliver any packages. | 别再送什么邮包来 |
[29:49] | Do I make myself clear? | 我说得够清楚了吧? |
[29:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[29:53] | DOLE: You say you wanna get help, | 你说你想得到帮助 |
[29:55] | but you don’t really want that. | 但你不是真想那样 |
[29:56] | What you really want | 你真正想要的是 |
[29:57] | is to continue to live free. | 继续自由自在地生活 |
[29:59] | Well, let me tell you, if that’s your goal, do not. | 那么,听好了,如果这是你的目标,那就不要 |
[30:01] | I repeat, do not have any direct | 我再说一次,不要以任何 |
[30:03] | or indirect contact with me ever again, | 直接或间接的方式再和我接触 |
[30:06] | because the police will be watching. | 因为警察可能在监视 |
[30:13] | Now, go. | 现在,走吧 |
[30:37] | WALSH: This is a complete end around double jeopardy. | 这是对一罪不二审问题的变通解决办法 |
[30:40] | If a person presents the likelihood | 如果一个人表现出 |
[30:42] | of serious harm, | 严重危害的可能性 |
[30:43] | the court may order him confined | 法庭可以下令将其送到 |
[30:45] | to a mental facility for a period of– | 精神病院监护一段时间。。。 |
[30:47] | Where’s the evidence that he poses | 他产生这样的可能性的证据何在? |
[30:48] | such a likelihood? | 他产生这样的可能性的证据何在? |
[30:49] | Three dead bodies. | 三具死尸 |
[30:51] | And he’s still prowling parking lots | 况且他还在带着跨接电缆在停车场转悠 |
[30:52] | with jumper cables. | 况且他还在带着跨接电缆在停车场转悠 |
[30:53] | Mr. Walsh, he was acquitted | Walsh先生,对于那些罪行 |
[30:55] | of those crimes. | 他已被宣判无罪了 |
[30:56] | On the basis of an alibi | 那是基于现在已经被推翻的 |
[30:57] | which has now been recanted. | 不在现场证明的基础上的 |
[30:58] | WATSON: I don’t care. | 这我不关心 |
[31:00] | As a matter of law, he stands innocent | 依照法律,对于那些罪行 |
[31:01] | of those murders. | 他依然是无罪的 |
[31:02] | You certainly can’t use those | 就第12节规定的聆讯而言 |
[31:04] | as evidence of guilt | 你肯定不能用那些 |
[31:05] | for the purpose of a section 12 hearing. | 作为有罪的证据 |
[31:07] | Your Honor, his own mother | 法官大人,他的妈妈 |
[31:09] | stands before you concerned | 当庭表示了她对儿子的精神问题的担忧 |
[31:10] | about his mental health. | 当庭表示了她对儿子的精神问题的担忧 |
[31:11] | Even she– WATSON: If we started | – 甚至她也。。。 – 如果我们开始 |
[31:12] | locking up people on the say-so of concerned mothers, | 基于一个担忧的母亲的许可就把人关起来 |
[31:15] | we’d all be in jail. | 那我们都得进监狱了 |
[31:16] | You have a copy of a message | 你看到了一份发给Gamble女士信息的复印件 |
[31:19] | sent to Ms. Gamble, | 你看到了一份发给Gamble女士信息的复印件 |
[31:21] | which message clearly threatens. | 这条信息显然是威胁 |
[31:23] | Where’s the evidence that concludes he sent it? | 有什么证据证明是他发的? |
[31:26] | Look, what are you trying to pull? | 听着,你想耍什么花样? |
[31:28] | You lose the criminal trial. | 刑事审判你输了 |
[31:30] | You’re just trying to take another whack at it | 你不过是想借用民事程序再整他一次 |
[31:31] | with the civil proceeding, and what do you have? | 那你凭什么呢? |
[31:33] | A concerned mother? | 一个担忧的母亲? |
[31:35] | WALSH: She lives with him. | 她和他住在一起 |
[31:37] | She loves him. | 她爱她 |
[31:38] | But now she’s tumbled to the idea, | 而今她领悟到 |
[31:40] | “My God, my son is a killer. | “天啊,我的儿子是个凶手 |
[31:42] | He needs medical help. | 他需要得到医疗救助 |
[31:44] | He may kill again.” | 他可能还会杀人” |
[31:46] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[31:48] | We can’t get him criminally. | 我们不能把他绳之以法 |
[31:49] | Nor do we want to. | 我们也没想这样做 |
[31:51] | But nor do we wanna sit back | 但是我们也不想坐视不理 |
[31:53] | and wait for him to take another life. | 等着他再去杀别人 |
[31:56] | Your problem is a little thing | 你遇到的麻烦是 |
[31:58] | called the constitution. | 一个叫做宪法的小问题 |
[32:01] | We don’t take freedom away from a man | 我们不能基于恐惧 |
[32:02] | based on fear alone. | 就剥夺一个人的自由 |
[32:04] | We require evidence. | 我们要有证据 |
[32:05] | We require proof | 我们需要超越合理怀疑的证明 |
[32:07] | beyond all reasonable doubt, | 我们需要超越合理怀疑的证明 |
[32:09] | whether it’s a criminal trial | 不管这是一起刑事诉讼 |
[32:10] | or a section 12. | 还是采用第12节的规定 |
[32:11] | I would submit thousands of people | 我要指出成千的人 |
[32:12] | are locked up on the grounds of fear. | 是基于害怕其威胁而被拘押的 |
[32:14] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:15] | We call them Arab-Americans. | 所谓的阿拉伯裔美国人 |
[32:17] | And if you’re about to cite | 如果你打算援引 |
[32:19] | this country’s despicable material-witness scheme | 这个国家臭名昭著的关键证人计划 |
[32:22] | as support for the government’s right | 来支持政府任意监禁民众的权力 |
[32:24] | to incarcerate at will, | 来支持政府任意监禁民众的权力 |
[32:26] | I would submit | 那我就要指出 |
[32:27] | that you’ve severely misstepped. | 你是犯了严重的错误 |
[32:29] | This man, as a matter of law, | 这个人,依照法律, |
[32:31] | has been judged innocent of three crimes. | 对于那三起罪行已经被判无罪 |
[32:34] | You’re actually in here | 你在此实际上是 |
[32:35] | trying to use those crimes | 想用那三起罪行 |
[32:37] | as evidence against him | 作为证据来对付他 |
[32:38] | to have him locked up civilly. | 以便把他以民事责任关起来 |
[32:40] | That’s outrageous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[32:42] | I don’t care how well-intentioned you are | 我不管你是多么地好心办了坏事 |
[32:44] | or how worried sick | 或者他妈妈多么担心他的病情 |
[32:45] | his mother may be. | 或者他妈妈多么担心他的病情 |
[32:47] | Your petition is denied. | 你的申请被驳回了 |
[32:49] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[32:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[32:55] | What you did was very brave. | 你所做的是很有勇气的 |
[32:58] | Oh, that’s brave? | 哦,这算是有勇气? |
[33:01] | You betrayed me, mother. | 你背叛了我,妈妈 |
[33:02] | Oh, Russell. | 噢,Russell |
[33:03] | You betrayed me. | 你背叛了我 |
[33:05] | POPE: All right. Russell. | 好了,Russell |
[33:12] | And you… | 还有你。。。 |
[33:24] | Aren’t you afraid he might turn on you? | 你不怕他可能会突然转而攻击你吗? |
[33:26] | No. | 不会 |
[33:27] | He’s devoted to me. | 他对我很忠诚 |
[33:29] | And you, for that matter. | 就这点而言,对你也是 |
[33:30] | I mean, he would never– | 我是说,他永远也不会。。。 |
[33:33] | What? | 怎么了? |
[33:41] | Excuse me. | 等一下 |
[33:43] | Lindsay, maybe we should… | Lindsay,也许我们应该。。。 |
[33:45] | call the police. | 报警 |
[33:51] | DOLE: Tell me why I shouldn’t report you | 能给我一个不去举报你跟踪我的理由吗? |
[33:52] | for stalking? | 能给我一个不去举报你跟踪我的理由吗? |
[33:53] | I will go away forever. | 我会永远消失的 |
[33:55] | I just couldn’t leave on bad terms. | 我只是不能这样不欢而散 |
[33:57] | As I’ve said, | 我说过的 |
[33:59] | you saved my life. | 你救了我的命 |
[34:01] | I would do anything | 我什么都可以做 |
[34:03] | to either repay you or– | 为了报答你或者。。。 |
[34:04] | and even though you don’t care to hear it, | 即使你不想听 |
[34:07] | it’s important for me to say it. | 但说出来对我很重要 |
[34:08] | It’s important to me that you know | 让你知道我是多么珍视你的忠实 |
[34:10] | how much I value your loyalty. | 对我是很重要的 |
[34:13] | I suppose | 我想 |
[34:14] | I would like to be friends. | 我想和你成为朋友 |
[34:17] | But if you don’t want that, | 但如果你不想的话 |
[34:20] | I will honor your wish. | 我会尊重你的意愿 |
[34:23] | Stanley, | |
[34:24] | we’re not friends. | 我们不是朋友 |
[34:26] | You were a client. | 你是一个当事人 |
[34:28] | My loyalty to you derived from duty. | 我对你的忠实源于责任 |
[34:34] | I don’t want you to be in my life. | 我不想让你出现在我的生活中 |
[34:37] | And I don’t say that to hurt you. | 我说这些不是要伤害你 |
[34:43] | See this woman? | 看到这个女人了吗? |
[34:45] | She’s my best friend, | 她是我最好的朋友 |
[34:46] | my maid of honor, my– | 我的伴娘,我的。。。 |
[34:49] | and this man is on the loose, | 这个人在逍遥法外 |
[34:51] | a threat to her life. | 对她生命的威胁 |
[34:54] | And how did he come into her life? | 他是怎么进入她的生活中的呢? |
[34:55] | She’s a D. A., | 她是个检察官 |
[34:56] | and she was just doing her job. | 她只是在做自己的工作 |
[34:58] | You came into my life | 你进入我的生活 |
[35:00] | because I’m a criminal defense lawyer doing my job. | 是因为我是一个尽我职能的刑事辩护律师 |
[35:07] | We wanna do our jobs | 我们想做完工作后 |
[35:10] | and then be left alone. | 单独呆着 |
[35:14] | Can you understand that, Stanley? | 你能理解吗,Stanley? |
[35:19] | Yes. | 能 |
[35:25] | I’m gonna say goodbye now. | 我现在要说再见了 |
[35:26] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[35:28] | And you’re going to honor that. | 你会尊重这一点的 |
[35:33] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[35:54] | I think we blew it by going in too soon. | 我认为我们下手太早才搞砸了 |
[35:57] | Now, even if we get more, | 现在,即使我们有更多的证据 |
[36:00] | well, our credibility is suspect. | 我们的可信度也是受到质疑的 |
[36:02] | WALSH: Only with that judge. | 只是碰上了那个法官 |
[36:04] | We’ll shop around for somebody better. | 我们可以选择个好些的 |
[36:07] | You want protective custody? | 你需要保护性看护吗? |
[36:10] | He hasn’t directly done anything to me | 他没有直接对我做了什么事 |
[36:13] | or said anything. | 或者说了什么话 |
[36:17] | But you’re afraid. | 但是你害怕了 |
[36:20] | RUSSELL: Hmm, talking about me, I hope. | 唔,是在谈我吗,希望如此 |
[36:25] | What do you want? | 你想干什么? |
[36:29] | I’d like to file a missing persons report. | 我想报告一起人口失踪 |
[36:33] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么? |
[36:34] | My mother, she… | 我妈妈,她。。。 |
[36:36] | seems to have vanished. | 好像失踪了 |
[36:39] | I looked everywhere. | 我到处在找 |
[36:43] | What have you done to her? | 你对她做了什么? |
[36:46] | What have I done? | 我做了什么? |
[36:48] | There you go, jumping to conclusions again. | 你又来了,又妄下结论 |
[36:50] | Where is she? | 她在哪儿? |
[36:52] | I don’t know. That’s why I’m here. | 我不知道,所以我才来这儿 |
[36:53] | Could you help? | 你们能帮帮忙吗? |
[36:54] | She has to be missing at least 24 hours. | 她要至少失踪24小时才行 |
[36:58] | What’s the saying? | 俗话怎么讲的? |
[36:59] | The eager beaver catches the crook? | 早起的鸟儿有食吃? |
[37:09] | I’d love it if you could… | 如果你能开始进行搜索。。。 |
[37:11] | begin searching. | 我会很高兴的 |
[37:14] | I’m worried sick. | 我担心死了 |
[37:23] | He’s killed his mother. | 他杀了他妈妈 |
[37:37] | I’m happy to go to therapy | 我很愿意去做心理治疗 |
[37:38] | if you think that’ll… | 如果你认为那会。。。 |
[37:40] | What do you think? | 你怎么想的? |
[37:42] | Lindsay, | |
[37:43] | please don’t get Socratic. | 请别搬出苏格拉底式的辩论法了 (合作性辩论对话形式,其基础是提问和回答问题 以激发批判性思维,并引出想法和潜在的预设) |
[37:45] | Let’s just have a conversation. | 有话直说吧 |
[37:47] | And don’t fire back at me | 还有别再翻我以前说过的话的旧账了 |
[37:48] | my track record for conversation. | 还有别再翻我以前说过的话的旧账了 |
[37:50] | Let’s just start clean. | 让我们开始把问题理清吧 |
[37:52] | All right? | 好吗? |
[37:54] | Let’s begin with the premise | 那我们先从以前的事 |
[37:55] | that I’ve done everything wrong | 都是我做错了这个前提开始 |
[37:58] | and “Where do we go from here?” | 然后“从现在开始该怎么做?” |
[38:00] | How do I start to get things right? | 我怎样才能开始把事情做好? |
[38:04] | That was an incredibly dishonest thing to say. | 你这样说真是令人难以置信的不诚实 |
[38:07] | What? I’m just– | 什么?我只是。。。 |
[38:08] | DOLE: Let’s start with the premise | 先从以前的事都是你做错了这个前提开始? |
[38:09] | you’ve done everything wrong? | 先从以前的事都是你做错了这个前提开始? |
[38:11] | You don’t believe that, not for a second. | 你一点都不信是这样的 |
[38:13] | Why start with a premise you believe to be a lie? | 为什么要从一个你认为是谎言的前提开始呢? |
[38:19] | Why are you so angry? | 你为什么有这么大的气呢? |
[38:22] | I’m angry… | 我生。。。 |
[38:31] | at myself. | 我自己的气 |
[38:35] | Why? | 为什么? |
[38:37] | Oh, I’m humiliated to even say it. | 噢,我都不好意思这么说 |
[38:42] | For pretending day after day | 日复一日地 |
[38:45] | after day | 装着 |
[38:46] | that my husband’s in love with me | 我丈夫是爱我的 |
[38:47] | when I know he’s not. | 而我知道他不是 |
[38:50] | Lindsay, for God’s sake. | Lindsay,看在上帝的份上 |
[38:53] | Of course I love you. | 我当然是爱你的 |
[38:55] | DOLE: I know you love me. | 我知道你爱我 |
[38:57] | But (sighs) | 但是 |
[39:03] | I miss being adored. | 我感觉不到被爱慕 |
[39:06] | I miss– | 我感觉不到。。。 |
[39:09] | look, the idea of splitting up | 分手的想法 |
[39:10] | is unmentionable for both of us. | 对我们俩来说都是说不出口的 |
[39:12] | That’s why we don’t mention it. | 所以我们都没有提 |
[39:17] | But, Bobby, other than our son, | 但是,Bobby,除了咱们的儿子外 |
[39:21] | it is so dead in this home | 这个家死气沉沉 |
[39:25] | and has been for a while. | 已经好一段时间了 |
[39:30] | Look, | 听着 |
[39:32] | passion, | 激情 |
[39:35] | that stuff, | 那些东西 |
[39:40] | it wanes in marriage, | 会随着婚姻而减弱 |
[39:45] | especially when you have young children. | 尤其是当你有小孩的时候 |
[39:50] | Things… | 生活的事。。。 |
[39:53] | ebb and flow. | 总是起起伏伏的 |
[40:00] | And… | 但。。。 |
[40:06] | I’m very… | 我是非常 |
[40:10] | in love with you. | 爱你的 |
[40:24] | Do you– | 你。。。 |
[40:26] | do you always feel like you’re in love with me? | 你一直是觉得爱着我的吗? |
[40:34] | No. | 不是 |
[40:41] | Do you ever? | 有过吗? |
[40:46] | Not lately. | 不是最近 |
[40:52] | Bobby, | |
[40:54] | I don’t think I was… | 我不认为我。。。 |
[40:57] | aware of it at the time, | 当时就意识到了 |
[40:58] | but when I started my own firm, | 但当我开始自己开事务所 |
[41:05] | I think I was beginning a process. | 我觉得我开始走上了一条路 |
[41:10] | Process? | 一条路? |
[41:13] | Of leaving you. | 离开你的路 |
[41:20] | MARY: Wrote that great book | 写了那本好书 |
[41:22] | “Don’t be embarrassed about s-e-x.” | 《别为性而不好意思》 |
[41:27] | But he backed out. | 但他食言了 |
[41:29] | He decided at the last minute | 他在最后一刻断定 |
[41:30] | he was uncomfortable with women. | 他跟女人在一起不舒服 |
[41:34] | MARY (over TV): Well, you know, I don’t know. | 呃,你懂的,我说不清 |
[41:36] | Ted’s not very good at that sort of thing. | Ted不太擅长那种事 |
[41:37] | WOMAN (over TV): But, Mary, it’s just talking. | 但是,Mary,只是聊聊而已 |
[41:39] | MARY (over TV): Yeah, well, it’s just talking | 是呀,呃,只是聊聊 |
[41:41] | that Ted’s not very good at. | 泰德不太擅长那事 |
[41:42] | WOMAN (over TV): Mary, if I were in your position, | Mary,如果换了我 |
[41:45] | you know that I would do anything I could | 你知道我会尽我所能 |
[41:47] | to help me. | 去帮帮他的 |
[41:57] | Can I help you? | 什么事? |
[41:59] | Special delivery | Russell Bakey的特快专递 |
[42:00] | for Russell Bakey. | Russell Bakey的特快专递 |
[42:32] | YOUNG: Next on The Practice. | 下集预告未作翻译 |