时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | DOLE: Previously on “The Practice”… | 前集回顾未作翻译 |
[00:02] | I never thought I’d have an affair. | |
[00:04] | We’re having dinner. Like you say, innocent. | |
[00:08] | This is getting more dangerous than I want it to. | |
[00:10] | I agree. It’s best we stop now | |
[00:12] | before it does get too dangerous. | |
[00:14] | Bye. | |
[00:23] | DOLE: You’re the father of my child. | |
[00:25] | You’re my husband. | |
[00:26] | Beyond that, I don’t trust you. | |
[00:29] | I’ve taken Bobby Jr. to my parents. | |
[00:32] | What are you talking about? | |
[00:33] | I’m leaving you. | |
[00:37] | I was date-raped once, four years ago. | |
[00:40] | I didn’t report it. | |
[00:41] | Well, did you go to counseling for this or– | |
[00:43] | I’m past it now, but thank you. | |
[00:45] | This is something you need to deal with. | |
[00:46] | I did deal with it. | |
[00:48] | I moved on. | |
[00:50] | Tell me why I shouldn’t report you for stalking. | |
[00:52] | I just couldn’t leave on bad terms. | |
[00:54] | You saved my life. | |
[00:56] | I would do anything to either repay you or– | |
[00:59] | DOLE: See this woman? | |
[01:00] | She’s my best friend. | |
[01:02] | And this man is on the loose, | |
[01:04] | a threat to her life. | |
[01:05] | You came into my life | |
[01:06] | because I’m a criminal defense lawyer doing my job. | |
[01:09] | We wanna do our jobs and then be left alone. | |
[01:12] | (doorbell rings) | |
[01:15] | Can I help you? | |
[01:16] | Special delivery for… | |
[01:19] | Russell Bakey. | |
[01:29] | What have you heard? | 你听说了什么? |
[01:30] | Only that, that they split. | 就这些,他们分手了 |
[01:32] | You hear anything more? | 你还听到什么吗? |
[01:34] | No. He’s not talking. | 没了,他不说 |
[01:35] | What a switch. | 太突然了 |
[01:36] | Listen to you gossipmongers. | 听听你们这些八挂 |
[01:38] | You just can’t get enough, can you? | 你们就是聊不够是吗? |
[01:40] | It’s hardly gossip, Rebecca. It– | 这不是流言蜚语,Rebecca,这是。。。 |
[01:42] | Yes, it is. You’re huddled like a pack of rats, | 对,就是,你们像一群老鼠聚在一起 |
[01:44] | whispering like it’s something delicious. | 好像这是件好事似的窃窃私语 |
[01:45] | You know, why don’t we just throw a big party? | 为什么你们不干脆开个聚会? |
[01:47] | “Lindsay and Bobby are split. | “Lindsay和Bobby分手了 |
[01:48] | Wheel in the floats. Isn’t it rich?” | 那不是很有创意吗?” |
[01:51] | HATCHER: Can I help you? | 有什么事吗? |
[01:53] | I’m looking for Jamie Stringer. | 我在找Jamie Stringer |
[01:55] | That’s me. | 我就是 |
[02:00] | I am here under the heading of… | 我来这儿可以算是。。。 |
[02:02] | “It’s an extremely small world.” | “世界真是太小了” |
[02:05] | I guess that’s abstract enough. | 我想这真是太抽象了 |
[02:07] | You created some buzz in my office | 几周前你在我办公室 |
[02:08] | a couple of weeks ago | 造成了一些轰动 |
[02:09] | when you established rape victims | 那时你把强奸受害者归入 |
[02:11] | as a class in employment discrimination. | 职业歧视的一个类别中 |
[02:13] | It was a motion to dismiss. I hardly established– | 那是一项要求撤案的动议,我很难使。。。 |
[02:16] | Even so, you potentially | 即便如此,你还是有可能 |
[02:18] | took the law to a new place. | 使这方面的法律有新的发展 |
[02:20] | You’re to be saluted. | 应该对你表示敬意 |
[02:22] | Something tells me you’re not here to salute. | 不知道怎么了我觉得你来这不是为了表达敬意的 |
[02:25] | No. | 对 |
[02:28] | I’m a district attorney. | 我是一个地区检察官 |
[02:30] | I’m prosecuting a man named Randall Pyne | 我在因约会强奸罪而起诉一个 |
[02:34] | for date rape. | 叫Randall Pyne的人 |
[02:36] | Does that name ring a bell? | 对着名字有印象吗? |
[02:40] | The buzz you created stirred a memory | 你制造的轰动唤起了我 |
[02:42] | with one of my assistants. | 和一个助手的记忆 |
[02:43] | Our investigation previously unearthed your name | 我们之前的调查发现了你的名字 |
[02:47] | in connection with Mr. Pyne. | 与Pyne先生有关 |
[02:49] | It never really went anywhere, | 从来没有真正查证过 |
[02:50] | just rumors that you had a history | 只是传言你和这个人有些过往 |
[02:52] | with this man. | 只是传言你和这个人有些过往 |
[02:54] | Is that true? | 对吗? |
[02:56] | I may have. | 也许是有的 |
[02:59] | His trial starts tomorrow, | 他的庭审明天开始 |
[03:02] | and, simply put… | 简而言之。。。 |
[03:05] | if this man raped you, | 如果这个人强奸了你 |
[03:07] | I need you. | 我需要你作证 |
[03:08] | The victim in my case was drugged. | 我这个案子的受害人吸过毒 |
[03:10] | Her memory– | 她的记忆。。。 |
[03:11] | You can’t introduce prior– | 你不能引出先前的。。。 |
[03:12] | In this case I can, to show pattern. | 在这个案子,我可以,证明模式 |
[03:14] | I already beat a motion in limine on another witness, | 我已经输掉了一个审前听证 |
[03:18] | another woman he date-raped, | 另一个被约会强奸的女人 |
[03:21] | a witness who just fell out. | 她无法出庭作证了 |
[03:26] | I need you, Ms. Stringer. | 我需要你,Stringer女士 |
[03:31] | First of all, my memory would be just as shaky as– | 首先,我的记忆不太靠得住。。。 |
[03:35] | I can deal with that. | 这我能处理 |
[03:36] | And second… | 第二。。。 |
[03:39] | I’m listening. | 说呀 |
[03:40] | Look, I just don’t want to do it, okay? | 听我说,我只是不想这么做,好吗? |
[03:43] | And second? | 第二是? |
[03:45] | See this suit, Ms. Atkins? | 看到这身套装了吗,Atkins女士? |
[03:47] | Eighteen hundred dollars. | 一千八百美金 |
[03:49] | Way more than I can afford. | 大大超出我的承受能力 |
[03:50] | I bought it anyway because my image | 我买它是因为我的形象 |
[03:52] | is very important to me. | 对我来说很重要 |
[03:54] | What becomes of that image if I take the stand | 如果我出来作证说我被约会强奸过的话 |
[03:57] | to declare I was date-raped, | 那会变成什么样的形象 |
[03:59] | to have the defense attorney pick through | 让辩护律师来对我的过往进行指摘。。。 |
[04:01] | my past like, uh– | 让辩护律师来对我的过往进行指摘。。。 |
[04:06] | I’m not a nun. | 我又不是一个修女 |
[04:07] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[04:10] | That’s a beautiful suit | 套装真是很漂亮 |
[04:13] | but I’m not going to get him | 但没有你的帮助 |
[04:16] | without your help. | 我没法拿下他 |
[04:21] | Now, I haven’t even gotten to the | 我现在甚至都还没说到 |
[04:23] | “It’s a really small world” part. | “这世界真的很小”那部分呢 |
[04:25] | The rapist… | 这个强奸犯。。。 |
[04:27] | his defense attorney is Eugene Young. | 他的律师是Eugene Young |
[05:23] | Jamie, you can’t do this. | Jamie,你不能这么做 |
[05:24] | I already agreed. | 我已经同意了 |
[05:25] | You’ll all get the amend– | 你们将得到修改的。。。 |
[05:26] | I’m the man’s attorney. | 我是这个人的律师 |
[05:27] | And I am a witness. | 而我是个证人 |
[05:28] | You should probably recuse yourself. | 你也许可以要求撤换自己 |
[05:30] | On the day of trial? You got to be kidding. | 在开庭的那天?你开什么玩笑 |
[05:32] | HATCHER: Eugene… | |
[05:33] | Don’t start with your stuff now, okay? | 你别开始讲你那一套了,好吗? |
[05:34] | My stuff? | 我那一套? |
[05:35] | Your testimony wouldn’t even be admissible– | 你的证词甚至都不能被采用。。。。 |
[05:36] | What stuff do I have? All right. | – 我那一套是什么? – 好了好了 |
[05:38] | It goes to pattern (indistinct) It is so prejudicial– | – 这可以证明犯罪模式 – 这会造成很大的损害。。。 |
[05:40] | Leave her alone, Eugene. | 别缠着她,Eugene |
[05:41] | Hey, you think I want to do this? | 喂,你觉得我想这么做吗? |
[05:43] | Then why do it if you don’t wanna do it? | 如果你不想那么做,那为什么要做呢? |
[05:44] | Because your client is a rapist. | 因为你的当事人是强奸犯 |
[05:46] | Our client, Jamie, you’re a member of this firm. | 是我们的当事人,Jamie,你是这家公司的成员 |
[05:47] | He’s our client. And I was one of his victims. | – 他是我们的当事人 – 但我是一个受害人 |
[05:50] | HATCHER: He is not her client, | 他不是她的当事人 |
[05:52] | and if you want to recuse yourself, do it. | 如果你想撤换自己,就去做吧 |
[05:54] | But she already said yes, | 但她已经答应了 |
[05:55] | and what you’re doing now comes close | 你现在所做的接近于 |
[05:57] | to intimidating a witness. | 恐吓一个证人了 |
[06:03] | If there’s anything I can do | 如果有什么我能做的 |
[06:05] | or help with your son– | 或者帮你儿子。。。 |
[06:08] | I appreciate that. | 我很感激 |
[06:12] | So you–you’re living with your parents for now? | 所以你。。。你现在和你父母住在一起? |
[06:15] | Until I find my own place, yes. | 对,直到我找到自己住的地方 |
[06:19] | So you’re looking for a place? | 那么你在找住的地方? |
[06:21] | Yes, Claire. It’s that serious. | 是的,Claire,这很重要 |
[06:23] | I’m looking for my own place. | 我正在找住的地方 |
[06:25] | STANLEY: Hi, Lindsay. | 嗨,Lindsay |
[06:29] | Hello, Claire. | 你好,Claire |
[06:31] | DOLE: Stanley, what are you doing here? | Stanley,你来这儿干嘛? |
[06:34] | It’s not bad news, I promise. | 我保证,这不是坏消息 |
[06:36] | In fact, it’s wonderful news. | 事实上,这是个好消息 |
[06:41] | I think I’ve turned my life around. | 我觉得我已经脱胎换骨了 |
[06:45] | Really? How? | 真的吗?怎么做的? |
[06:50] | This is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[06:51] | What is it? | 这是什么? |
[06:52] | A check for services rendered. | 一张支付你工作报酬的支票 |
[06:56] | I got a job. | 我找到了一份工作 |
[07:00] | I’m leading a normal life, Lindsay. | 我过着正常的生活,Lindsay |
[07:04] | I owe it all to you. | 这都是我欠你的 |
[07:06] | A job? Wow. | 一份工作?哇呜 |
[07:09] | What do you do? | 你做什么工作? |
[07:12] | I’m a substitute high-school teacher, | 我是高中代课老师 |
[07:14] | and I love it. | 我喜欢这工作 |
[07:17] | You’re teaching high school? | 你在高中教课? |
[07:18] | It’ll take me a year to get certified, | 我要一年才能拿到证书 |
[07:20] | but I can teach in the meantime. | 但我可以同时教课 |
[07:23] | Don’t they do background checks? I mean, uh… | 他们不做背景调查吗?我是说,呃。。。 |
[07:25] | DOLE: Stanley, uh, I don’t know about this. | Stanley,呃,我不知道这些 |
[07:29] | I’m happy. | 我很高兴 |
[07:31] | And I have both of you to thank. | 我要感谢你们两个 |
[07:33] | Even so– STANLEY: It’s wonderful. | – 即便如此。。。 – 真是太棒了 |
[07:39] | How’s your friend, by the way? | 顺便问问,你朋友怎么样了? |
[07:41] | Is she better now? | 她现在好些了吗? |
[07:43] | What friend? | 什么朋友? |
[07:44] | The one in the newspaper. | 报纸上的那个 |
[07:46] | Remember, you showed me her picture. | 记得吗,你给我看她的照片 |
[07:47] | She was being terrorized | 她被那个可怕的人,Bakey先生 |
[07:49] | by that awful man, Mr. Bakey. | 吓得够呛 |
[07:52] | Is she feeling better? | 她感觉好些了吗? |
[07:54] | Why? | 为什么问这个? |
[07:55] | I’m just curious. | 我只是有些好奇 |
[07:58] | You seemed so concerned. | 你看起来很担心 |
[08:02] | I was hoping things got better. | 我希望一切都好起来 |
[08:13] | What do you mean you’re getting out? | 你要退出是什么意思? |
[08:15] | I have to. She’s a witness | 我不得不如此,她是一个证人 |
[08:16] | and member of my firm. | 又是我的事务所的雇员 |
[08:17] | May–maybe that’s why they’re calling her, | 也许。。。也许这就是检方传她作证的原因 |
[08:19] | to conflict you out. | 逼你因利益冲突退出 |
[08:20] | I thought of that. | 我想过 |
[08:21] | The problem is I can’t prove it, so– | 问题是我无法证明,所以。。。 |
[08:23] | It’s the day of trial. | 可今天开庭呀 |
[08:25] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:27] | I don’t know what else to tell you. | 我不知道还能跟你说什么 |
[08:31] | You’re trying this case. Your Honor– | – 这案子还是要你办 – 法官大人。。。 |
[08:32] | KITTLESON: If you were coming in here | 如果你经客户同意 |
[08:34] | with the client’s consent, | 来找我的话 |
[08:35] | that would be one thing, but without it– | 那就是另一回事,但如果不是。。。 |
[08:37] | Your Honor, this witness is– | 法官大人,这个证人是。。。 |
[08:38] | It’s conflict. | 这有利益冲突 |
[08:40] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[08:41] | But it’s not prohibitive. | 但这并不属于法令禁止的 |
[08:43] | I’m telling you, it is. | 我会告诉你,这是的 |
[08:44] | This is a rape case. I will have–I mean– | 这是一个强奸案,我会。。。我是指。。。 |
[08:46] | Eugene, you get my sympathy, | Eugene,我同情你的处境 |
[08:49] | but that is all you are getting. | 但仅此而已 |
[08:55] | Will you be able to do your job? | 你能做好你的工作吗? |
[08:58] | I mean, you’re not gonna hold back now, are you? | 我是说,你现在不会有所保留吧,是吗? |
[09:01] | Let’s talk about Jamie Stringer. | 让我们谈谈Jamie Stringer的情况吧 |
[09:03] | It was consensual. | 那次是你情我愿的 |
[09:04] | Was she drugged? | 她被下药了吗? |
[09:06] | We both took ludes and drank some wine, | 我们都吃了安眠酮并喝了些红酒 |
[09:09] | (chuckles) but we were both into it. | 我们都兴致盎然 |
[09:10] | I know that. You’re sure? | – 我很清楚这点 – 你肯定吗? |
[09:13] | I mean, this happened four years ago. | 我是说,这是四年前的事了 |
[09:14] | You’re positive? | 你肯定吗? |
[09:15] | I remember Jamie Stringer very well. | 我对Jamie Stringer记得很清楚 |
[09:17] | She was very aggressive, Eugene. | 她非常主动,Eugene |
[09:19] | It’s one of the reasons I took the lude. | 这是我吃安眠酮的原因之一 |
[09:21] | She intimidated me a little. | 她有点让我怯场了 |
[09:23] | I–look, uh, | 我。。。听我说,呃 |
[09:25] | I thought you said prior rapes couldn’t be admitted. | 我以为你说以前的强奸案不能被提及的 |
[09:28] | Well, date rapes can. They go to pattern. | 这个嘛,约会强奸是可以的。为了引证行为模式 |
[09:30] | The good, old-fashioned rape by force, | 往好的说,传统的暴力强奸 |
[09:32] | they’re suppressed. | 是被排除的 |
[09:33] | Unless I testify. | 除非我来作证 |
[09:34] | Which you won’t in this lifetime. | 这一点想都别想 |
[09:37] | Jamie Stringer was into it, trust me. | Jamie Stringer对此是很有兴致的,相信我 |
[09:40] | Trust you? | 相信你? |
[09:42] | Are you going to hold back? | 你打算有所保留吗? |
[09:49] | Yes. Uh, thank you very much. | 对。呃,非常感谢 |
[09:54] | Unbelievable. | 真难以置信 |
[09:55] | What? | 什么事? |
[09:57] | I just got off with the human resources division | 我刚和波士顿校区的人力资源部谈过 |
[09:59] | of the Boston School District. | 我刚和波士顿校区的人力资源部谈过 |
[10:01] | Not only do they not do investigations | 他们不仅不对新来的老师做调查 |
[10:03] | of new teachers, but get this, | 而且你听听这个 |
[10:07] | an arrest for murder | 因谋杀被捕 |
[10:08] | wouldn’t preclude employment. | 不会影响被雇用 |
[10:10] | Only convictions disqualify applicants. | 只有被定罪过才能取消申请人的资格 |
[10:13] | Uh, Lindsay… – Lindsay,。。。 | – 哦 |
[10:16] | that man is teaching high-school girls. | 那个男人在教高中女生 |
[10:19] | He befriends high-school girls. | 他和高中女生交朋友 |
[10:21] | Do they know he was arrested for murder? | 他们知道他因谋杀被捕吗? |
[10:23] | I doubt it, but I didn’t give anything away. | 我对此表示怀疑,但我什么也没说 |
[10:29] | I think it’s time to give some things away. | 我想我们是该说点什么了 |
[10:32] | We can’t. | 我们不能 |
[10:35] | The arrest is public record. | 逮捕记录是公开的 |
[10:37] | It isn’t privileged or confidential. | 这不是保密特权或机密。 |
[10:41] | Find out where he teaches. | 查出他在哪里教书 |
[10:45] | I remember drinking the wine | 我记得喝过酒 |
[10:49] | in a bar then feeling groggy. | 在酒吧里,然后感到头昏眼花 |
[10:52] | The next thing, I’m in his apartment, | 接下来,我在他的公寓里 |
[10:54] | and he’s on top of me, inside of me. | 他压在我身上,把我。。。 |
[10:58] | And when I woke up a few hours later… | 我个把小时候醒过来。。。 |
[11:01] | I knew. | 我知道的 |
[11:04] | After you woke up, what did you do then? | 你醒来后,做了什么? |
[11:06] | I left his apartment, and I went to a hospital | 我离开了他的公寓,去了一家医院 |
[11:08] | to get checked out. | 做了检查 |
[11:10] | They did the rape kit. | 他们提取了强奸测试样本 |
[11:11] | Do you know what conclusions they reached? | 你知道他们得出了什么结论吗? |
[11:13] | That I’d been raped. | 结论是我被强奸了 |
[11:16] | They also did a blood test and– | 他们还做了血液测试。。。 |
[11:20] | What did the blood test reveal? | 验血结果显示了什么? |
[11:22] | They found traces of GHB. | 他们查出了残留的GHB |
[11:24] | GHB? | |
[11:25] | Gamma hydroxybutyric acid, | 一种麻醉剂 |
[11:28] | the date-rape drug. | 约会强奸用的药物 |
[11:31] | Actually, the medical conclusion | 实际上,医学结论 |
[11:33] | was only that you’d had sexual intercourse. | 只是说你有过性行为 |
[11:36] | There was bruising, and I was– | 有瘀伤,还有我是。。。 |
[11:37] | YOUNG: The doctor’s conclusion | 医生的结论 |
[11:39] | was that you had intercourse. | 是你有过性行为 |
[11:41] | Based on your claim that it was nonconsensual, | 基于你声称那是非自愿的 |
[11:44] | the assumption was then made | 于是做出了 |
[11:46] | that you’d been raped, isn’t that correct? | 你是被强奸的假设,不是吗? |
[11:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:50] | And according to your own statement, | 根据你自己的陈述 |
[11:52] | you don’t even remember when the intercourse began, | 你甚至不记得性交是什么时候开始的 |
[11:55] | isn’t that correct? | 不是吗? |
[11:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:58] | In fact, you don’t remember | 事实上,那天晚上 |
[12:00] | a large chunk of that night, do you? | 大部分时间的情况你都记不得了,是吧? |
[12:02] | Because he drugged me. | 因为他给我下药了 |
[12:04] | You have a memory of him drugging you? | 你记得他给你下药吗? |
[12:06] | I have a memory of drinking the wine. | 我记得喝了红酒 |
[12:08] | Well, initially, you told the police | 一开始,你告诉警察 |
[12:11] | you didn’t remember what you had to drink | 你不记得你喝了什么 |
[12:12] | or how much. | 或喝了多少 |
[12:14] | That was your statement, wasn’t it? | 你是这么说的,不对吗? |
[12:15] | I eventually remembered drinking the wine, | 我最终想起来了喝过酒 |
[12:18] | which he– You eventually remembered? | – 那是他。。。 – 你最终想起来了? |
[12:19] | It was a first date. | 这是第一次约会 |
[12:20] | I would have never had sex with him. | 我绝对不会和他上床的 |
[12:22] | You don’t remember what you had to drink or how much, | 你不记得你喝了什么或者喝了多少 |
[12:25] | true or false, Ms. Wilson? | 是还是不是,Wilson女士? |
[12:27] | I know I drank wine. | 我知道我喝了酒 |
[12:31] | I don’t know how much. | 但我不知道喝了多少 |
[12:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:35] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 |
[12:39] | The Commonwealth calls Jamie Stringer. | 检方传唤Jamie Stringer出庭作证 |
[12:41] | YOUNG: Your Honor, Ms. Stringer | 法官大人,Stringer女士 |
[12:42] | was just added to the list this morning. | 今天早上刚被加入证入名单 |
[12:44] | We’d like to take some time to prepare. | 我们需要花些时间做准备 |
[12:46] | How much time? | 多长时间 |
[12:48] | We’d like to take the day. | 我们想用一天时间 |
[12:49] | We’ll break until tomorrow morning | 我们暂停到明天早上 |
[12:50] | and reconvene with Ms. Stringer. | 由Stringer女士开始作证 |
[12:53] | Adjourned. | 休庭 |
[13:13] | You got me fired. | 你害得我被解雇了 |
[13:15] | You went to the school | 你跑到学校 |
[13:17] | and you told them privileged information. | 告诉他们属于保密特权的信息 |
[13:19] | It wasn’t privileged, Stanley. | 那不属于保密特权,Stanley |
[13:23] | I told them that you’d been arrested | 我告诉他们你被捕过 |
[13:25] | and what the arrests were for. | 以及因何被捕 |
[13:27] | That was all public record. | 那是公开信息 |
[13:29] | Why? | 为什么? |
[13:31] | Why did you do this to me? | 你为什么这样对我? |
[13:33] | Because you kill young women, | 因为你杀害了年轻的女人 |
[13:35] | and I wasn’t about to sit quietly | 我不想当你教高中的时候 |
[13:37] | while you teach high school. | 坐视不理 |
[13:38] | You hurt me. | 你伤害了我 |
[13:40] | I had a good job. | 我有一份好工作 |
[13:42] | Now, it’s gone. | 现在,没有了 |
[13:44] | You hurt me, Lindsay. | 你伤害了我,Lindsay |
[13:46] | Stanley– | |
[13:47] | We’re friends. | 我们是朋友 |
[13:50] | It was you… | 是你。。。 |
[13:52] | who made me believe in goodness again | 是谁让我再次相信善良是存在 |
[13:56] | and… | 还有。。。 |
[14:01] | you’re all I have. | 你是我的一切 |
[14:04] | And now– | 而现在。。。 |
[14:06] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[14:09] | Until you get mental help, | 除非你的精神状态得到改善 |
[14:12] | you have no business teaching in a school. | 你没有在学校教书的权利 |
[14:23] | You hurt me very badly. | 你把我伤得很厉害 |
[14:34] | I don’t like his current frame of mind. | 我不喜欢他现在的心态 |
[14:41] | STRINGER: No, I really appreciate the call, I do. | 不,我真的很感谢你的来电 |
[14:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:47] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[14:54] | You got a PI contacting my friends, | 你派了个私人侦探 |
[14:56] | people I went to school with? | 去找我上学时的朋友了吗? |
[14:59] | You’re investigating me? | 你在调查我吗? |
[15:00] | Jamie, you’re a witness for the prosecution. | Jamie,你是这次诉讼中的一个证人 |
[15:03] | I don’t know what your plan is, | 我不知道你的计划 |
[15:04] | but there are rape shield laws. | 但有强奸受害人保护法 |
[15:06] | If you think you’re going to tear me up– | 如果你认为你要狠狠地攻击我。。。 |
[15:07] | Rape shield laws protect victims, | 强奸受害人保护法保护的是受害人 |
[15:09] | not witnesses. | 而不是证人 |
[15:11] | For the purpose of this trial, | 为了这次审判 |
[15:12] | you’re a witness, and fair game. | 你是证人,公平竞争嘛 |
[15:20] | I’m begging you not to take that stand. | 我求你不要出庭作证了 |
[15:23] | I say that as Randall Pyne’s attorney, | 我这么说是因为我是Randall Pyne的律师 |
[15:25] | but I also say it because I care about you, | 也是因为我关心你 |
[15:27] | and I don’t wanna go after you. | 我不想攻击你 |
[15:29] | But I have an ethical duty | 但我有职业道德的义务 |
[15:30] | to do everything I can. | 去尽我所能 |
[15:38] | Please, Jamie… | 求你了,Jamie。。。 |
[15:41] | don’t get in that chair. | 别上证人席 |
[15:59] | Busy? No. | – 忙吗 – 不忙 |
[16:00] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[16:04] | How are you? | 你怎么样? |
[16:05] | Oh, uh, I’m fine. | 噢,呃,还好 |
[16:07] | No, you’re not. | 不,你情况不好 |
[16:10] | How could you be? | 你怎么会这样? |
[16:13] | How’s Bobby Jr.? | 小Bobby怎么样? |
[16:16] | It’s, um–it’s gonna take some time. | 这,嗯。。。要花点时间 |
[16:19] | We’ll be okay. | 我们会没事的 |
[16:22] | You need to hold on to that thought. | 你得坚持这个想法 |
[16:27] | Anyway, uh, I just came by to say hi | 不管怎样,呃,我只是过来打个招呼 |
[16:29] | and, um… | 还有,嗯。。。 |
[16:32] | hey, that Bakey guy, | 对了,那个叫Bakey的家伙 |
[16:35] | has he stopped bothering you? | 他没再烦你了吧? |
[16:36] | Yes. Thank God. | 是呀,感谢上帝 |
[16:38] | Have you seen him, or heard from him, or– | 你见过他,或者听说过他,或者。。。 |
[16:41] | No. Why? | 没有呀,为什么问这个? |
[16:42] | Just wondering. | 只是好奇 |
[16:44] | Will you do me a favor | 你能帮个忙 |
[16:45] | and check to see if… | 去查一下是否。。。 |
[16:47] | he’s still alive? | 他还活着吗? |
[16:49] | I beg your pardon? | 你再说一遍? |
[16:51] | I know this is gonna sound crazy. | 我知道这听起来很离谱 |
[16:53] | I have a client with, uh, a violent past, | 我有个当事人,呃,有暴力前科的 |
[16:55] | and, uh, I mentioned to him | 呃,我跟他提过 |
[16:57] | that Bakey was harassing you. | Bakey在骚扰你 |
[17:00] | Yesterday, this client | 昨天,这个当事人 |
[17:03] | suggested something like, | 有过一些暗示 |
[17:04] | uh, I don’t know, uh, | 呃,我说不好,呃 |
[17:06] | the problem was taken care of. | 说这问题解决了 |
[17:10] | You think your client did something | 你觉得你的当事人对Russell Bakey |
[17:12] | to Russell Bakey? | 干了些什么吗? |
[17:20] | He’s dead all right. | 他死了就好了 |
[17:22] | No kidding. | 不开玩笑 |
[17:23] | I’ll never get used to that smell. | 我永远不会习惯那种味道的 |
[17:26] | OFFICER: Detective, up here. | 警探,来这儿 |
[17:44] | Lindsay Dole has quite the client roster. | 可Lindsay Dole有相当大的客户群呀 |
[17:55] | He’s dead? | 他死了? |
[17:56] | They found him in the bathtub. | 警方在在浴缸里发现他的 |
[17:59] | I just heard it on the news. | 我是刚从新闻上看到的 |
[18:02] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[18:03] | The way Stanley said it, I just had a feeling. | Stanley说话的那种方式,我就是有种感觉 |
[18:07] | He did it for you | 他是为你而做的 |
[18:10] | because Helen was your friend. | 因为Helen是你的朋友 |
[18:13] | I mean, that’s– Thank you, Claire. | – 我是说,那是。。。 – 别说了,Claire |
[18:14] | That makes me feel so much better. | 这还真是让我感觉不错呀 |
[18:15] | WYATT: I’m just saying | 我只是在说 |
[18:18] | I think he’s totally in love with you. | 我觉得他完全倾心于你了 |
[18:22] | You’re like his angel. | 你就像他的天使 |
[18:30] | I need a name. Forget it. | – 把名字给我吧 – 想都甭想 |
[18:32] | GAMBLE: Lindsay, you’ve already led us | Lindsay,你已经引导我们 |
[18:33] | to evidence implicating him. | 找到涉及他的证据了 |
[18:36] | I won’t give you his name. | 但我不会把他的名字告诉你 |
[18:38] | For you to come to me | 既然你来找我 |
[18:39] | offering anything, | 提供一些线索 |
[18:42] | you must feel this man is very dangerous. | 你一定是感到这个人是很危险的 |
[18:47] | If this man killed Bakey | 如果这个人杀Bakey |
[18:48] | because you mentioned me | 是因为你提到了我 |
[18:50] | being threatened by him, | 正被他威胁 |
[18:53] | Lindsay, it’s not much of a motive, | Lindsay,这可算不上什么动机 |
[18:56] | which tells me this man is probably crazy, | 这告诉我们这个家伙很可能疯了 |
[18:59] | which, again, I suspect | 我再说一次,我怀疑这就是 |
[19:01] | is the reason you came to me. | 你来找我的原因 |
[19:09] | If you want me to do something, | 如果你希望我做些什么 |
[19:11] | give me his name. | 就把他的名字给我 |
[19:21] | Stanley Deeks. | |
[19:22] | Lindsay! | |
[19:23] | He killed the Burns girl. | Burns家的女孩也是他杀的 |
[19:25] | Lindsay! | |
[19:27] | Here’s the file. Help yourself. | 这是文件,自己看吧 |
[19:28] | This you don’t want me to have. | 你不会想让我拿到这个的 |
[19:30] | I did give it to you, Helen. | 我就是要给你,Helen |
[19:31] | GAMBLE: You don’t wanna do– I did, Helen. | – 你不会想要。。。 – 我要给你,Helen |
[19:35] | Are you sure? | 你想好了? |
[19:38] | This will bite you. | 这会害了你的 |
[19:39] | I gave you the file. | 我把文件给你了 |
[19:53] | Great. | 这下好了 |
[19:55] | Your career just ended. | 你的职业生涯就此结束了 |
[20:05] | What’s this? | 又怎么了? |
[20:06] | Another little intimidation ploy? | 另一个恐吓的小技俩? |
[20:10] | Shall I wave my leaflet? | |
[20:13] | Sit, please. | 请坐吧 |
[20:20] | Steven O’Connell, Sawyer Heinz, | |
[20:23] | Kevin Schultz, | |
[20:26] | three men whom you had sex with on a first date. | 你和这三个人在第一次约会时就发生了性关系 |
[20:28] | Todd Markham, a former boyfriend, | Todd Markham,你的一个前男友 |
[20:30] | with whom you willingly | 你自愿且故意和他 |
[20:31] | and knowingly took the drug GHB. | 一起服用了GHB药品 |
[20:33] | Oh, come on. It was one recreational– | 噢,拉倒吧,那是一次娱乐的。。。 |
[20:35] | You’re a person with a history | 你是一个有自愿服药历史的人 |
[20:37] | of taking the drug willingly. | 你是一个有自愿服药历史的人 |
[20:39] | I didn’t take it willingly here, and if your plan– | 这一次我不是自愿的,如果你打算。。。 |
[20:43] | On my unofficial count, you’ve had 15 sexual partners. | 据我非正式统计,你有15个性伴侣 |
[20:45] | You’ve been busy. | 你够忙的 |
[20:51] | Michael Paris. | |
[20:55] | You might not remember him. | 你也许记不得他了 |
[20:57] | You knew him for less than half an hour. | 你认识他不到半个小时 |
[20:59] | You were standing in line at the amusement park | 在游乐园排队 |
[21:01] | waiting for the Ferris wheel. | 等着坐摩天轮 |
[21:02] | You had sex with him | 你和他在摩天轮上 |
[21:03] | on that Ferris wheel. | 发生了性关系 |
[21:06] | I had just taken the bar exam. | 我那时候刚参加了律师考试 |
[21:08] | A bunch of us went to an amusement park, | 我们一帮人去了游乐园 |
[21:10] | tired and, uh, a little drunk. | 有些累,还有,呃,有点醉了 |
[21:12] | You had sex with a man | 你和一个刚在摩天轮上认识的 |
[21:13] | you just met on a Ferris wheel. | 男人发生了关系 |
[21:17] | Jamie, | |
[21:19] | rape shield laws | 强奸受害人保护法 |
[21:20] | do not apply to witnesses. | 并不适用于证人 |
[21:22] | I have a duty to tear you up. | 我有义务要攻击你 |
[21:25] | So I’ll ask you again, | 所以我会再请求你一次 |
[21:28] | do not get in that chair. | 不要上证人席 |
[21:42] | Why can’t he sleep over? | 他为什么不能在外过夜? |
[21:43] | Because, Bobby, you’re taking him to dinner. | 因为,Bobby,你要带他去吃饭 |
[21:44] | That was the deal. He’s my son. | – 这都谈好了 – 他是我儿子 |
[21:46] | The plan… Don’t, okay? | – 这安排。。。 – 别这样,好吗? |
[21:48] | We can’t just change the plan on him like that. | 我们不能就这样改变对他的安排 |
[21:50] | Lindsay, you changed the plan when you walked out. | Lindsay,你决定出走的时候就改变了安排 |
[21:53] | You changed the plan on him. | 是你改变的 |
[21:55] | That is not fair. | 这样说不公平 |
[21:56] | We’ll talk about this later. | 我们稍后再谈 |
[21:58] | Lindsay… I need to get to court. – Lindsay。。。 | – 我要出庭了 |
[22:07] | Well, I won’t force you. | 好吧,我不会强迫你的 |
[22:08] | Do you still even want to call me? | 你还想传我出庭吗? |
[22:11] | How much credibility will I have if… | 我还能有多少可信度,如果。。。 |
[22:14] | It’s a problem, | 这是个问题 |
[22:15] | I admit. | 我承认 |
[22:17] | But, Jamie, I’ve got nothing to lose | 但是,Jamie,如果我不传你出庭的话 |
[22:19] | except this case | 除了这个案子 |
[22:20] | if I don’t call you. | 我也没有什么可失去的 |
[22:21] | But even if I do testify, | 但即使我出庭作证 |
[22:23] | you’ll probably still lose, | 你还是可能会输的 |
[22:26] | and I will be… | 而且我会被。。。 |
[22:27] | destroyed in the process. | 在做证过程中被毁了 |
[22:30] | Like I said, I won’t force you, | 如我所说,我不会强迫你 |
[22:31] | but, Jamie, | 但是,Jamie |
[22:33] | I still need you. | 我还是需要你的 |
[22:38] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[22:40] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗? |
[22:42] | Of course not. | 当然不了 |
[22:47] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[22:49] | REPORTER: Taken into custody an hour ago, | Deeks先生一小时前被拘留 |
[22:51] | Mr. Deeks is scheduled to be arraigned any second. | 随时都会被传讯 |
[22:54] | You recall Ms. Burns was first reported missing | 你们还记得Burns女士在七周前 |
[22:56] | seven weeks ago | 最初被报告失踪 |
[22:58] | before turning up wrapped in a package. | 最后她的尸体被包裹起来 |
[23:01] | Ms. Dole. Ms. Dole, can I talk to you? | Dole女士,我可以问你问题吗? |
[23:02] | No comment. Thank you. | 无可奉告。谢谢 |
[23:05] | WALLACE: All the evidence is a result | 所有的证据都是 |
[23:07] | of a breach of attorney/client privilege. | 违反律师/客户保密特权的产物 |
[23:09] | It’s inadmissible. | 这是不可采用的 |
[23:10] | Lindsay Dole is a private citizen. | Lindsay Dole是一名普通公民 |
[23:13] | So what? She was his attorney. | 那又怎么样?她是他的律师 |
[23:14] | GAMBLE: Yes, and if your client would like to sue her, fine. | 没错,但如果你的当事人要起诉她,那是可以的 |
[23:17] | But she wasn’t acting for the government. | 但是她不是代表政府的 |
[23:20] | You cannot suppress our evidence. | 你不能排除我们的证据 |
[23:22] | Did all of this information come from Ms. Dole? | 所有这些信息都是Dole女士提供的吗? |
[23:25] | She revealed her client’s involvement | 她透露了她的当事人 |
[23:27] | with Cindy Burns’ death. | 与Cindy Burns的死亡有关 |
[23:28] | What about Bakey? | 那Bakey那个案子呢? |
[23:29] | She only said we should check | 她只是说我们应该查一下 |
[23:31] | to make sure he’s alive, | 以便确认他还活着 |
[23:33] | and we haven’t formally charged | 况且我们还没有就Bakey一案 |
[23:35] | Mr. Deeks on Bakey. | 正式起诉Deeks先生 |
[23:38] | WALLACE: Your Honor, technically, | 法官大人,严格来说 |
[23:39] | Ms. Dole’s conduct might not be state action. | Dole女士的行为可能不是国家行为 |
[23:42] | But we have an enormous public policy | 但是我们有关于 |
[23:45] | concerning the sanctity | 律师/当事人保密特权的 |
[23:46] | of attorney/client privilege. | 神圣性的公共政策 |
[23:48] | Your Honor, he’s a nut case. | 法官大人,他是个疯子 |
[23:49] | He’s killed before. | 他以前杀过人 |
[23:51] | He was acting erratically. | 他行为古怪 |
[23:53] | Ms. Dole became convinced | Dole女士确信 |
[23:55] | he would kill again, | 他还会杀人 |
[23:56] | and if he had… | 如果他。。。 |
[23:57] | You can’t break privilege | 不能因为笼统的危险 |
[23:59] | because of a generalized danger. | 就去违反律师当事人保密特权 |
[24:01] | If it’s not specific… | 如果不是具体的 |
[24:03] | Even if you are right, that goes to your remedy | 即使你是对的,那也是你针对Lindsay Dole |
[24:05] | against Lindsay Dole, | 采取的法律解决方法 |
[24:07] | not the Commonwealth. | 而不是针对州政府的 |
[24:08] | All right. | 好了 |
[24:10] | Ms. Gamble is correct, Mr. Wallace. | Gamble女士说的是对的,Wallace先生 |
[24:13] | This isn’t state action. | 这不是州政府的行为 |
[24:15] | But, Ms. Gamble, | 但是Gamble女士 |
[24:17] | public policy is in play here. | 公共政策对此是有影响的 |
[24:21] | I’m gonna take a few minutes to think about this. | 我要花点时间考虑一下 |
[24:25] | We will reconvene at 3:00. | 我们到三点再开庭 |
[24:27] | Until then. | 我们到三点再开庭 |
[24:51] | STRINGER: It had been a fun date. | 那是一次有趣的约会 |
[24:53] | Uh, we were watching television at his place after, | 呃,之后我们在他家看电视 |
[24:56] | and he brought me a glass of wine. | 他给我倒了一杯酒 |
[24:58] | Did you drink it? | 你喝了吗? |
[24:59] | Yes. | 喝了 |
[25:00] | And then what happened? | 然后呢? |
[25:02] | We kissed a little. | 我们接了一小会儿吻 |
[25:04] | Then I began to feel groggy. | 然后我开始感到头昏眼花 |
[25:07] | And I said, “I need to lie down a little,” | 我说,“我需要躺一会儿” |
[25:09] | which I did on his couch. | 我在他的沙发上说的 |
[25:12] | The next thing I remember, he was… | 下一件我记得的事,就是他。。。 |
[25:15] | on top of me. | 压在我身上 |
[25:16] | On top of you? | 压在你身上? |
[25:19] | Having intercourse. | 发生了性关系 |
[25:21] | ATKINS: Do you have any memory | 你记得你同意过这种性行为吗? |
[25:23] | of consenting to this intercourse? | 你记得你同意过这种性行为吗? |
[25:25] | No, | 没有 |
[25:27] | and I never would have. | 我也绝不会这样 |
[25:30] | I hardly knew him, | 我几乎不认识他 |
[25:31] | uh, and I wasn’t that interested. | 呃,我没有那个兴趣 |
[25:34] | In fact, I remember during the date | 实际上,我记得在约会期间 |
[25:36] | wishing I were more physically attracted to him | 我指望我能对他产生更多的情欲 |
[25:39] | because he was funny. | 因为他很有趣 |
[25:40] | So you never gave him any indication | 那么说你绝对没有给他 |
[25:43] | that you wanted to have sex? | 你想做爱的暗示? |
[25:44] | Absolutely not. | 绝对没有 |
[25:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:59] | Did you report this to the police? | 你报警了吗? |
[26:00] | No, | 没有 |
[26:02] | because I didn’t think I could prove it. | 因为我觉得我无法证明 |
[26:05] | And I was afraid of the stigma. | 我害怕羞辱 |
[26:06] | YOUNG: Didn’t you tell me | 你不是跟我说过 |
[26:08] | that you don’t remember exactly | 你不记得究竟 |
[26:09] | what you said yes to? | 答应过些什么吗? |
[26:11] | I never said yes… | 我绝对没有答应过。。。 |
[26:13] | to sex. | 做爱 |
[26:14] | Did you take Quaaludes | 你和我的当事人做爱 |
[26:15] | the night you had sex with my client? | 的那晚服用了安眠酮吗? |
[26:17] | No, | 没有 |
[26:18] | and I did not have sex. | 我也不是做爱 |
[26:21] | He raped me. | 是他强奸了我 |
[26:35] | Nothing further. | 没有问题要问了 |
[26:56] | WILCOX: Okay. | 是这样的 |
[26:59] | I understand no civil rights | 我认识到并没有公民权利 |
[27:01] | have been violated here by the state, | 被州政府侵犯了 |
[27:03] | which would mandate either a dismissal | 那种情况下会强制撤案 |
[27:05] | or a suppression of the evidence. | 或排除证据 |
[27:08] | But the public policy grounds are so, | 但是公共政策基础 |
[27:11] | so paramount here. | 在此是至关重要的 |
[27:14] | The idea of an attorney | 想到一个律师 |
[27:16] | incriminating her own client. | 指控她自己的当事人 |
[27:19] | Ms. Dole, I can understand your concern. | Dole女士,我能理解你的担忧 |
[27:21] | The man does present a danger. | 这个人确实有危险 |
[27:24] | But the danger is general. | 但危险是笼统的 |
[27:26] | It has to be specific | 这必须要具体到 |
[27:29] | for you to be allowed to break privilege. | 你可以被允许违反保密特权 |
[27:32] | I am, therefore, | 因为,我 |
[27:33] | suppressing all of the evidence provided by you | 排除你向地区检察官办公室 |
[27:35] | to the district attorney’s office | 提供的所有证据 |
[27:37] | as well as the fruits of that evidence, | 以及由此引发的所有证据 |
[27:40] | which, in this case, amount to everything. | 本案中,这就意味着所有证据 |
[27:43] | I hate to do this, but, as I said, | 我很厌恶这样做,但是,如我所说 |
[27:45] | the principle of privilege is paramount | 保密特权的原则是至高无上的 |
[27:48] | and must remain so. | 必须如此维持 |
[27:52] | Mr. Deeks, | Deeks先生 |
[27:56] | you need serious help. | 你需要得到切实的帮助 |
[27:58] | You’re sick. | 你让人恶心 |
[28:00] | You’re perverted. | 你是变态 |
[28:03] | But, for now, you’re free. | 但是,现在,你自由了 |
[28:05] | The case is dismissed, | 本案被驳回 |
[28:06] | and we are adjourned. | 休庭 |
[28:17] | If you think I’m feeling happy now, Lindsay, | Lindsay,如果你觉得我现在很开心 |
[28:18] | you’re very wrong. | 你就大错特错了 |
[28:19] | You’re the only friend I have, | 你是我唯一的朋友 |
[28:22] | and you have betrayed me. | 而你背叛了我 |
[28:23] | Stanley, | |
[28:25] | get yourself checked into a hospital. | 你自己找一家医院住进去吧 |
[28:27] | I was just beginning to believe | 我刚开始再次相信 |
[28:29] | in goodness again. | 世界上存在善良 |
[28:30] | I had a job. | 我有了份工作 |
[28:32] | I even had hope. And you undid it all. | 我甚至有了希望,你让这一切都破灭了 |
[28:36] | You undid it all. | 这一切都破灭了 |
[28:42] | I am not at all happy! | 我一点也不开心! |
[28:52] | Bobby, why are you here? | Bobby,你为什么在这儿? |
[28:56] | I don’t know, to be honest. | 说实在的,我不知道 |
[28:57] | To be honest, you do. | 说实在的,你知道 |
[29:00] | Maybe I need– | 也许我需要。。。 |
[29:04] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[29:05] | company. | 陪伴 |
[29:08] | I guess I showed up here to find it. | 我想我来这儿是寻找陪伴的 |
[29:11] | Is that so outrageous? | 这是不是太离谱了? |
[29:14] | Seeing this particular company | 考虑到这个特别的陪伴 |
[29:16] | is what caused your wife to leave you, yes. | 导致你的妻子离开了你,没错,是太离谱了 |
[29:21] | Look… Do you even want her back? | – 听着。。。 – 你希望她回来吗? |
[29:23] | Of course I want my family back. | 我当然想要我的家庭复合 |
[29:25] | Good answer. | 回答得好 |
[29:28] | I asked specifically about her. | 我问题是专指她的 |
[29:30] | Do you want Lindsay back? | 你希望Lindsay回来吗? |
[29:31] | She left me, Sarah. | 她离开了我,Sarah |
[29:35] | She’s the one who will probably file for a divorce. | 她是那个可能会提出离婚的人 |
[29:38] | On what grounds, evasiveness? | 基于什么理由,逃避吗? |
[29:41] | You really don’t like to answer questions, do you? | 你真的不喜欢回答问题,是吗? |
[29:49] | I think you need to get yourself into a taxi | 我想你得打辆出租车 |
[29:52] | and get yourself to your therapist. | 去找你的心理医生 |
[29:54] | Does he have an ER? | 他有急诊室吗? |
[29:56] | I’m not here to discuss my feelings. | 我不是来讨论我的感觉的 |
[29:58] | Then why are you here? | 那你为什么在这里 |
[29:59] | To talk about yours. | 来谈谈你的感觉 |
[30:05] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[30:12] | There, I said it. | 好吧,我说了 |
[30:15] | Bad husband, horrible human being, | 坏丈夫,可怕的人 |
[30:17] | off with his cheating head. | 从他那骗人的嘴里说出来 |
[30:23] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[30:37] | He’s in there. | 他在里面 |
[30:38] | Who? Stanley. – Stanley | – 谁? |
[30:40] | Should I call the police? | 我应该报警吗? |
[30:42] | What does he want? | 他想要干什么? |
[30:43] | He wants to talk to you. | 他想和你谈谈 |
[30:44] | What’s his demeanor? | 他的神态如何? |
[30:46] | It seems okay. | 看上去还可以 |
[30:55] | Stanley, | |
[30:57] | you can’t keep coming here. | 你不能总是来这儿 |
[30:59] | If you continue to come here, | 你如果一直这样 |
[31:00] | I’ll have to file a complaint for stalking. | 我得投诉你跟踪我 |
[31:04] | I have no intention of continuing to come here. | 我不打算继续来这里 |
[31:06] | I only want to say what I came to say, | 我只想说我想说的话 |
[31:09] | and then I will never come here again. | 然后我再也不会来这里了 |
[31:13] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[31:14] | As you know, | 你知道的 |
[31:16] | I’ve never denied being ill. | 我从未否认自己有病 |
[31:19] | I’ve never denied being evil. | 我从不否认自己是邪恶的 |
[31:23] | One of the reasons I came to you, initially, | 我最初来找你的原因之一 |
[31:25] | I saw you | 我把你视为 |
[31:27] | as my guardian out of evil. | 我脱离邪恶的守护者 |
[31:29] | And you, in fact, became that, Lindsay. | 而你,事实上,做到了,Lindsay |
[31:33] | I was beginning to turn my life around. | 我开始改变我的生活 |
[31:37] | As I said, | 如我所说 |
[31:38] | I had rediscovered both hope… | 我找回了希望。。。 |
[31:41] | and goodness, | 和善良 |
[31:42] | and I credit much of it | 我认为这很大程度上 |
[31:44] | to your influence. | 是来自你的影响 |
[31:47] | But… | 但是。。。 |
[31:49] | by turning against me… | 通过背叛我。。。 |
[31:50] | Stanley… You made your position clear. – Stanley。。。 | – 你表明了你的立场 |
[31:53] | I’d like to make mine. | 我也想表明我的立场 |
[32:02] | You walked away from me last night | 昨晚你离开我 |
[32:04] | like I was some crazy, | 好像我是个疯子一样 |
[32:05] | which I am on many levels. | 在很多方面我是个疯子 |
[32:12] | But my feelings for you, | 但我对你的感情 |
[32:19] | I came here today | 我今天来这儿 |
[32:22] | because I wanted you to know | 是因为我想让你知道 |
[32:24] | my friendship for you | 我对你的友情 |
[32:26] | was sane, | 是理智的 |
[32:29] | and real, | 真实的 |
[32:33] | and legitimate, | 合情合理的 |
[32:36] | and good. | 可接受的 |
[32:39] | You represented the part of me | 你所代理的那部分的我 |
[32:41] | that wasn’t ill or evil. | 不是病态和邪恶的 |
[32:48] | It was good. | 那是我好的一面 |
[33:09] | Same pattern, | 相同的模式 |
[33:11] | first or second date, | 第一或第二次约会 |
[33:14] | glass of wine. | 一杯红酒 |
[33:16] | Woman becomes groggy. | 女人昏昏欲睡 |
[33:18] | Next thing, | 接下来 |
[33:19] | she’s semiconscious, | 她半昏迷状态 |
[33:20] | and he is on top of her. | 他压在她身上 |
[33:23] | It happened with Judy Wilson, | 这样的事发生在Judy Wilson身上 |
[33:25] | just like it happened before her | 正如在她之前发生在 |
[33:28] | with Jamie Stringer. | Jamie Stringer身上一样 |
[33:31] | You want physical evidence? | 你想要物证吗? |
[33:32] | Physical bruising | 在受害者 |
[33:34] | around the victim’s genitalia. | 的生殖器周围有瘀伤 |
[33:36] | Traces of GHB, | 残留GHB |
[33:38] | the date-rape drug, | 用于约会强奸的药物 |
[33:40] | found in Judy’s blood. | 在Judy的血液里被发现 |
[33:42] | This drug… | 这种药物。。。 |
[33:44] | is a sexual predator’s prized weapon. | 是猎艳者的宝贵武器 |
[33:48] | It’s the prosecutor’s nightmare | 是检方的噩梦 |
[33:50] | because proof is so difficult. | 因为太难于证明了 |
[33:55] | But think, | 但是想一想 |
[33:57] | just think, | 只要想一想 |
[33:58] | of the nightmare it is for the victims, | 受害者的噩梦 |
[34:02] | a growing number of victims. | 过去一年里 |
[34:04] | In the past year, | 越来越多的受害者 |
[34:06] | there has been a 50% increase | 在与GHB相关的强奸案中 |
[34:09] | in GHB-related rapes. | 增加了50% |
[34:11] | All we can do to stop it is raise awareness | 我们为阻止这些,能做的只有提高警惕 |
[34:14] | and hope to God | 并祈求上帝 |
[34:15] | that the victims have the courage | 那些受害者能 |
[34:17] | to come forward. | 有勇气站出来 |
[34:19] | Judy Wilson had that courage. | Judy Wilson有那样的勇气 |
[34:22] | Jamie Stringer eventually | Jamie Stringer最终也 |
[34:24] | found that courage. | 找到了那种勇气 |
[34:27] | You think it was easy for those women | 你们觉得那些女人出庭作证 |
[34:28] | to sit in that chair? | 是件轻松的事吗? |
[34:30] | But they did it | 但她们那样做 |
[34:32] | because it had to be told, | 是因为必须要说出来 |
[34:34] | Randall Pyne… | |
[34:36] | is a rapist. | 是个强奸犯 |
[34:45] | Judy Wilson couldn’t remember | Judy Wilson记不清 |
[34:47] | taking GHB. | 服用了GHB |
[34:50] | Some people do take it recreationally. | 有些人服用是为了消遣 |
[34:52] | It can be an aphrodisiac. | 那可以作为一种春药 |
[34:54] | Maybe Judy Wilson didn’t. | 也许Judy Wilson没有服用 |
[34:56] | Maybe somebody slipped it to her. | 也许有人给她下了那种药 |
[34:57] | Maybe she consented to sex. Maybe she didn’t. | 也许她同意做爱。也许她没有同意 |
[35:00] | Maybe Jamie Stringer consented to sex. | 也许Jamie Stringer同意做爱 |
[35:03] | Maybe she didn’t. | 也许她没有同意 |
[35:04] | We don’t know | 我们都不清楚 |
[35:07] | because they don’t have clear memories. | 因为她们没有清晰的记忆 |
[35:10] | Now, I agree with the district attorney, | 现在,我同意检方的观点 |
[35:13] | GHB is out there. It’s a problem. | GHB就在那儿,这是个问题 |
[35:15] | We got to deal with that. | 我们得解释这个问题 |
[35:17] | But this is a criminal case. | 但这是一起刑事案件 |
[35:19] | They’re seeking to take away a man’s freedom. | 他们要剥夺一个人的自由 |
[35:22] | To do that, you must prove this case | 为此,你们必须要超越合理怀疑地 |
[35:24] | beyond all reasonable doubt. | 确定罪名成立 |
[35:26] | Now, if the victim isn’t sure, | 但现在,如果受害者都不确定 |
[35:28] | how can you be? | 你们怎么能确定呢? |
[35:29] | Her own words on the stand, | 她自己的证词是 |
[35:31] | “I can’t be sure.” | “我不能确定” |
[35:41] | How can you be? | 你们又怎么能呢? |
[36:06] | Was that your best work, Eugene? | Eugene,你那算是尽力了吗? |
[36:09] | My client didn’t complain. | 我的当事人并没有抱怨 |
[36:10] | Problem is the district attorney did. | 问题在于地方检察官有 |
[36:12] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[36:13] | She’s an officer of the court. | 她是名法律工作者 |
[36:16] | If she has knowledge of a defense attorney | 如果她得知一个辩护律师 |
[36:17] | tanking a case… I didn’t tank it. | – 故意输掉案子。。。 – 我没有 |
[36:19] | You could have discredited Jamie Stringer. | 你可以让Jamie Stringer信誉扫地的 |
[36:23] | You pulled back. | 但你退缩了 |
[36:25] | That, to me… I was afraid | – 那样,对于我。。。 – 我是怕那样做 |
[36:26] | of alienating myself | 会使陪审团对 |
[36:27] | and my client from the jury, | 我和我的当事人产生敌意 |
[36:29] | so I made a strategic decision | 所以我做了一个策略上的决定 |
[36:30] | not to attack Ms. Stringer. | 不去严厉质询Stringer女士 |
[36:32] | See, I might believe that | 明白了,要不是我看到过你以前的行为 |
[36:34] | if I hadn’t seen you in action before. | 我还真会信了你呢 |
[36:36] | I have witnessed you going after rape victims. | 我亲眼看到你死咬着强奸受害者不放 |
[36:39] | Here, the rape shield didn’t even apply. | 本案,强奸受害者保护法甚至都不适用 |
[36:41] | I made a strategic decision | 我做了一个策略上的决定 |
[36:43] | not to attack the witness. | 不去攻击证人 |
[36:49] | I certainly have discretion | 我当然是有作策略决定 |
[36:50] | to make strategic decisions, | 的自行决定权的 |
[36:52] | don’t I, Your Honor? | 我有吗,法官大人? |
[36:54] | Only you… | 只有你自己。。。 |
[36:56] | know what was in your mind, counsel. | 知道自己怎么想的,律师 |
[37:00] | There you go. | 你说的没错 |
[37:03] | I’m disappointed, Eugene. | 我很失望,Eugene |
[37:10] | That’s all. | 就这样吧 |
[37:21] | We didn’t know who else to call. | 我们不知道还能给谁打电话 |
[37:23] | What’s the cause of death? | 死因是什么? |
[37:25] | Gunshot to the chest, self-inflicted. | 胸部中枪,自己干的 |
[37:28] | He did it in front | 他是在警察局门前 |
[37:29] | of the police station. | 开枪自杀的 |
[37:36] | You sure you’re okay to do this? | 你确定你能行吗? |
[37:39] | Yes. | 可以 |
[37:48] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[37:49] | McGUIRE: You’re sure? It’s him. | – 确定吗? – 是他 |
[37:54] | McGUIRE: Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:58] | We can go. | 我们走吧 |
[37:58] | What happens to him? | 怎么处理他呢? |
[38:00] | Sorry? | 你说什么? |
[38:02] | He has no family. | 他没有家人 |
[38:03] | What will they do with him? | 你们打算怎么处理他? |
[38:05] | Public welfare will just bury him somewhere. | 公益事业机构会找个地方安葬他 |
[38:09] | I want him to get a funeral. | 我想让他有个葬礼 |
[38:10] | Lindsay, the guy is indigent. | Lindsay,这家伙很穷 |
[38:12] | He doesn’t have… He had me. | – 他也没有。。。 – 他有我 |
[38:14] | Excuse me? He had me. | – 什么? – 他有我 |
[38:16] | I want him to get a funeral. | 我想让他有个葬礼 |
[38:28] | KITTLESON: Members of the jury, | 陪审团成员们 |
[38:30] | have you reached a verdict? | 你们得出裁决了吗? |
[38:32] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人 |
[38:33] | What say you? | 请宣布 |
[38:34] | In the matter of the Commonwealth | 马萨诸塞州诉 |
[38:35] | versus Randall Pyne Randall Pyne | |
[38:37] | on the charge of rape, | 强奸罪一案 |
[38:39] | we find the defendant, Randall Pyne… | 我们裁定被告Randall Pyne |
[38:42] | guilty. | 罪名成立 |
[38:52] | We appeal. | 我们提请上诉 |
[38:53] | KITTLESON: So noted. | 将此记录在案 |
[38:54] | Members of the jury, this concludes your service. | 陪审团成员们,你们尽到了义务 |
[38:56] | You are dismissed | 你们可以解散了 |
[38:57] | with the thanks of the court. | 法庭感谢你们 |
[39:00] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[39:16] | I know you didn’t have to do this. | 我知道你本不必这么做 |
[39:17] | Actually, | 其实 |
[39:22] | I did. | 有必要 |
[39:28] | thank you again. | 再次谢谢你 |
[39:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:56] | I held back because I thought it would help my client, | 我有所保留是因为我觉得这有益于我的当事人 |
[39:59] | not you. | 而不是因为你 |
[40:05] | I just wanna say… | 我只想说。。。 |
[40:06] | Please, | 拜托 |
[40:08] | don’t thank me. | 别谢我 |
[40:15] | Now, if you’ll excuse me… | 如果你不介意的话 |
[40:44] | PRIEST: If we are to believe | 如果我们相信 |
[40:46] | that there is a good | 存在一个高尚 |
[40:48] | and powerful God, | 且强大的上帝 |
[40:50] | it follows that we must also believe | 因此,我们也必须相信 |
[40:53] | that there is a life after this one. | 存在着来世 |
[40:57] | But what of the departed | 但这个世界上 |
[40:59] | in this world? | 的逝者呢? |
[41:01] | Are they gone from this world? | 他们离开这个世界了吗? |
[41:04] | Do they exist on Earth? | 他们在地球上存在吗? |
[41:07] | I would say to you | 我想对你们说 |
[41:09] | they do. | 是的 |
[41:11] | Stanley Deeks | |
[41:12] | will continue to live among us | 将在他所爱的人的回忆中 |
[41:15] | through the memories of his loved ones. | 继续生活在我们中间 |
[41:18] | He will be kept alive | 通过那些认识他的人 |
[41:20] | by those who knew him, | 那些怀念 |
[41:23] | those who cherished | 他顺服上帝的灵魂的人 |
[41:25] | his gentle spirit, | 他顺服上帝的灵魂的人 |
[41:27] | those who saw his life | 那些把他的生命 |
[41:29] | as we see all lives | 像对待所有其他生命一样 |
[41:31] | as sacred, | 视为神圣的 |
[41:33] | as children of God. | 视为上帝子民的人 |
[41:36] | To look on Stanley Deeks’ | 审视Stanley Deeks |
[41:38] | time on Earth, | 的今生 |
[41:39] | to consider his victims, | 考虑到他的受害者 |
[41:42] | we must know | 我们必须懂得 |
[41:44] | there to be an afterlife. | 来生的存在 |
[41:47] | Otherwise, | 否则 |
[41:48] | life on Earth is all there is, | 地球上的生命就是全部 |
[41:51] | and it can’t be that. | 不可能是这样的 |
[41:54] | It simply can’t be that. | 那简直是不可能的 |