| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:03] | When you say you have feelings for her, | 当你说你对她有感情时 | 
| [00:09] | are you in love with her? | 你爱上她了吗? | 
| [00:13] | No. | 没有 | 
| [00:15] | Not at all. | 不完全是 | 
| [00:17] | But I might see her again, | 但我可能会去见到她 | 
| [00:21] | and I didn’t want you to hear it | 我不想让你在办公室 | 
| [00:23] | at the office. | 听到这些 | 
| [00:24] | I thought it should come from me. | 我觉得应该由我来告诉你 | 
| [00:30] | Have you two slept together? | 你们俩一起睡过吗? | 
| [00:40] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 | 
| [00:41] | DONNELL: Look, I don’t think it’s a good idea | 听着,我觉得我们谈这些 | 
| [00:43] | for us to talk about– | 并不是个好主意。。。 | 
| [00:44] | What are we talking about, then? | 那么我们要谈什么? | 
| [00:45] | Lindsay, | |
| [00:47] | whatever our future will be, | 不管我们的未来是什么 | 
| [00:50] | if we stop communicating– | 如果我们不再沟通。。。 | 
| [00:52] | Can I stop you for a second? | 我能打断你一下吗? | 
| [00:53] | You and I have no future. | 你和我没有未来 | 
| [00:57] | I appreciate you taking me off the hook here. | 我很感激你帮我摆脱了困扰 | 
| [01:01] | But I was beginning to feel like the bad guy, | 我最初感觉我是个坏人 | 
| [01:03] | but now I don’t. | 但现在没这感觉了 | 
| [01:05] | I can pursue what I want | 我可以以轻松得多的心情 | 
| [01:07] | with a much lighter heart, | 来争取我想得到的 | 
| [01:10] | and what I want… | 而我想得到的。。。 | 
| [01:12] | is a divorce. | 就是离婚 | 
| [01:16] | You might think I’m acting out of hurt | 你可能会以为我是因为委屈或出于自尊 | 
| [01:18] | or pride, | 你可能会以为我是因为委屈或出于自尊 | 
| [01:20] | but this isn’t that. | 但不是这样的 | 
| [01:23] | I’m not speaking from wound, | 我这些不是因受到创伤的胡言乱语 | 
| [01:24] | but rather from a reflective | 而是经过深思熟虑的 | 
| [01:26] | and reasoned clarity. | 并且是理性清晰的 | 
| [01:29] | If you’ve never believed anything I’ve told you, | 如果你从未相信过我对你讲过的话 | 
| [01:32] | please, believe this. | 拜托,这一句你要信 | 
| [01:36] | I do not wish to live my life with you, | 我不希望和你一起生活 | 
| [01:39] | not now, | 不仅现在 | 
| [01:40] | not a month from now, | 也不仅一个月内 | 
| [01:43] | not ever. | 是永远 | 
| [02:43] | They’re divorcing? | 他们离婚了? | 
| [02:44] | HATCHER: That’s the word. | 就是这么说的 | 
| [02:45] | WASHINGTON: Where’d you get this word? | 谁跟你说的? | 
| [02:46] | From Bobby. | Bobby说的 | 
| [02:47] | He called in | 他打电话来了 | 
| [02:48] | and said if the papers got delivered, | 他说如果文件送到了 | 
| [02:49] | I can accept. | 我可以签收 | 
| [02:50] | BERLUTI: They just separated How– | 他们刚刚分开,怎么会。。。 | 
| [02:52] | It’s probably that slut’s idea. | 可能是那个贱货的主意 | 
| [02:54] | Talking about me, Rebecca? | 再说我吗,Rebecca? | 
| [02:57] | You? No! | 说你?不是! | 
| [02:59] | I was talking about– | 我是在说。。。 | 
| [03:02] | A different slut. | 另一个贱货 | 
| [03:09] | Jimmy, | |
| [03:10] | I have some depositions scheduled today | 我有个过失索赔案今天安排 | 
| [03:12] | on a negligence claim that, uh… | 做证词采录,呃。。。 | 
| [03:15] | I’m not really up to doing them. | 我实在是顾不上了 | 
| [03:19] | If I get you up to speed, | 如果我跟你介绍一下情况 | 
| [03:20] | could you cover for me? | 你能帮我做吗? | 
| [03:23] | Sure. | 当然可以 | 
| [03:25] | I’ll get the file. | 我去拿文件 | 
| [03:31] | She is 9 months pregnant! | 她九个月身孕了! | 
| [03:32] | Her due date isn’t until June 5th. | 6月5日才是她的预产期 | 
| [03:34] | This will be a three-day trial. | 这次庭审三天就够了 | 
| [03:36] | And what happens if she goes into labor the first day? | 如果她第一天就分娩怎么办? | 
| [03:38] | Is there a reason you don’t wanna wait a month, Mr. Young? | 你不想等一个月有什么原因吗,Young先生? | 
| [03:41] | Of course there’s a reason. | 当然有个原因 | 
| [03:42] | He wants the jury to see | 他希望陪审团看到的 | 
| [03:43] | a pregnant mother-to-be | 是一个怀孕的准妈妈 | 
| [03:45] | instead of a murderer. | 而不是一个谋杀犯 | 
| [03:46] | He’s probably instructed her | 他没准儿教她 | 
| [03:47] | to give birth during the closings. | 在做结案陈述的时候把孩子生下来 | 
| [03:48] | KITTLESON: Yes, thank you for that. | 行了,不劳你解释了 | 
| [03:50] | Since I addressed my question to Mr. Young, | 既然我向Young先生提出了问题 | 
| [03:52] | maybe we could let him answer. | 我们还是让他来回答吧 | 
| [03:54] | YOUNG: For the record, | 我要声明 | 
| [03:55] | I advised my client to postpone. | 我建议过我的当事人延期 | 
| [03:57] | She doesn’t want to. | 但她不希望这样 | 
| [03:58] | She has a right to a speedy trial, | 她有权得到快速的审判 | 
| [04:00] | and that’s what she wants. | 而那就是她做希望的 | 
| [04:02] | Mrs. Neilson, why? | Neilson女士,这是为什么? | 
| [04:08] | I wanna put this trial | 我想把这次审判 | 
| [04:09] | behind me, Your Honor. | 抛在脑后,法官大人 | 
| [04:11] | When I have my baby, | 当我生下孩子时 | 
| [04:12] | I want everything else over. | 我希望别的事都过去了 | 
| [04:15] | What about the stress? | 可是精神压力呢? | 
| [04:16] | This is not traffic court. | 这不是交通法庭 | 
| [04:18] | You are being charged with first-degree murder. | 你是被指控一级谋杀的 | 
| [04:20] | Your own doctor is saying, “Let’s wait.” | 你自己的医生也说“应该等一等” | 
| [04:23] | Well, I’m of sound mind, | 我的思维是正常的 | 
| [04:24] | so any medical decision | 所以任何医疗方面的决定权 | 
| [04:26] | would be mine. | 都在我 | 
| [04:27] | And it’s your choice to go forward now? | 你的选择是继续进行下去? | 
| [04:29] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人 | 
| [04:32] | I want this ordeal over with. | 我想要了结这通煎熬 | 
| [04:37] | Okay, then. | 好吧,那么 | 
| [04:38] | Let’s bring in the jury. | 我们就让陪审图入席吧 | 
| [04:44] | – Jimmy Berluti? – Claire… | |
| [04:46] | He isn’t even in this firm. | 他甚至都不在咱们这家事务所 | 
| [04:48] | Please don’t start with me now. | 现在别烦我了 | 
| [04:49] | CLAIRE: I’m just saying– DOLE: You’re upset | – 我只是说。。。 – 我知道 | 
| [04:50] | that I didn’t let you run with it. | 我没有让你来办这事你有些生气 | 
| [04:51] | I understand. | 我理解 | 
| [04:53] | I’d like to know why. | 我想知道为什么 | 
| [04:55] | You’re too green, okay? | 你太嫩了,行了吧? | 
| [04:58] | The case could turn on these depositions, | 这个案子可能会取决于这次证词采录 | 
| [04:59] | and it could be malpractice for me to vest it | 如果我让一个刚从法学院毕业的律师 | 
| [05:01] | with an attorney just out of law school, | 来做这件事可能算是失职了 | 
| [05:03] | and if that hurts, | 如果这伤了你 | 
| [05:04] | well, hurt happens. | 那也就伤了吧 | 
| [05:08] | Just give Jimmy whatever backup he needs, | Jimmy需要什么就只管帮他 | 
| [05:10] | and if you need to reach me, | 如果你需要联系我 | 
| [05:11] | I’ll be at Nancy Decker’s office. | 我要去Nancy Decker的办公室 | 
| [05:12] | Nancy Decker, the divorce lawyer? | Nancy Decker,离婚律师? | 
| [05:15] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [05:19] | Ms. Dole. | Dole女士 | 
| [05:20] | I’m sorry. I can’t talk now. | 对不起,我现在没时间了 | 
| [05:22] | Don’t we have a meeting? | 我们不是有个会议吗? | 
| [05:24] | I’ll be handling it. | 这事我来办 | 
| [05:28] | Hi, Virginia. | 嗨,Virginia | 
| [05:29] | How are you today? | 今天还好吗? | 
| [05:30] | NAOMI: Don’t we have depositions? | 我们不是要采录证词吗? | 
| [05:32] | Yes, I’ll be doing them. | 对,我会来办的 | 
| [05:34] | You? What happened to Lindsay? | – 你? – Lindsay呢? | 
| [05:36] | Ms. Carter, | Carter女士 | 
| [05:37] | everything’s in good hands. | 万事俱备 | 
| [05:39] | You need not worry. | 你不用担心 | 
| [05:40] | We also have Jimmy Berluti, another attorney, | 我们还有另一个律师Jimmy Berluti | 
| [05:42] | joining us for the deposition, | 和我们一起参加这次证词采录 | 
| [05:43] | so we are in excellent shape. | 所以我们状态正佳 | 
| [05:50] | McGUIRE: At the time I arrived, | 我们到的时候 | 
| [05:52] | the uniform officers | 警官已经将被告拘押了 | 
| [05:53] | already had the defendant in custody. | 警官已经将被告拘押了 | 
| [05:54] | Could you tell the jury your observations | 你能告诉陪审团你在现场 | 
| [05:56] | of the scene, detective? | 观察到的情况吗,警探? | 
| [05:58] | There was blood spattered everywhere, | 血溅得到处都是 | 
| [06:00] | the ceiling, the walls, | 天花板,墙壁 | 
| [06:02] | on the toaster. | 烤面包机上 | 
| [06:03] | KUPCHECK: Did the spatter pattern | 这种飞溅模式 | 
| [06:04] | suggest anything to you? | 说明了什么? | 
| [06:06] | The victim was shot at point-blank range six times. | 受害者被近距离射击六次 | 
| [06:09] | Several of those shots were fired | 其中有几枪是在受害者 | 
| [06:10] | after the victim was on the ground, | 无助地倒在地上之后开的 | 
| [06:12] | helpless. | 无助地倒在地上之后开的 | 
| [06:14] | Did you have an opportunity | 你有机会 | 
| [06:15] | to speak with the defendant,Carrie Neilson? | 对被告Carrie Neilson问话吗? | 
| [06:17] | McGUIRE: Yes. | 是的 | 
| [06:18] | She confessed to the shooting, | 如她在报警电话上说的一样 | 
| [06:19] | as she had on the 911 tape. | 她对枪击供认不讳 | 
| [06:21] | And what was her demeanor | 她向你坦白了这件事的时候 | 
| [06:22] | as she confessed this crime to you? | 她的神态如何? | 
| [06:24] | Calm, detached, | 平静,淡定 | 
| [06:26] | without remorse. | 没有悔意 | 
| [06:28] | This was not a woman in distress. | 不是一个遇到险境的女人应有的样子 | 
| [06:32] | STRINGER: Did she say why she shot her husband? | 她有没有说她为什么要冲她丈夫开枪? | 
| [06:34] | She said he was physically abusive | 她说他虐待她 | 
| [06:36] | and she was concerned for the health | 而她担心她未出生的孩子的健康 | 
| [06:37] | of her unborn child. | 而她担心她未出生的孩子的健康 | 
| [06:38] | In fact, she said she was afraid her husband | 实际上,她说她怕她丈夫 | 
| [06:41] | would kill the child. | 会杀了那个孩子 | 
| [06:42] | Objection to the word “child” | 我反对在枪击发生时 | 
| [06:44] | at the time of the shooting, | 使用“孩子”这个词 | 
| [06:45] | this was a two-month fetus, | 这是一个两个月大的胎儿 | 
| [06:46] | not a child– STRINGER: I asked the witness | – 不是一个孩子。。。 – 我问证人的是 | 
| [06:47] | what the defendant said. | 被告当时说的话 | 
| [06:48] | The word she used was “child,” | 她用的就是“孩子”这个词 | 
| [06:50] | was it not, detective? | 不是吗,警探? | 
| [06:51] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [06:52] | The objection is overruled. | 反对无效 | 
| [06:54] | STRINGER: The six shots, | 这六枪 | 
| [06:56] | they were fired from an automatic | 是由自动手枪 | 
| [06:57] | in rapid succession, | 连续发射的 | 
| [06:58] | isn’t that right? | 是这样吗? | 
| [06:59] | They appear to have been, yes. | 看来像是的,是的 | 
| [07:01] | Within two to three seconds? | 在二三秒内? | 
| [07:02] | Probably. | 可能吧 | 
| [07:04] | STRINGER: And detective, | 还有,警探 | 
| [07:04] | have you ever encountered a situation | 你可曾遇到这样的情况 | 
| [07:06] | in which a person under attack | 遭到攻击的人 | 
| [07:08] | keeps shooting even after the attack is over? | 在攻击结束后还在持续射击? | 
| [07:11] | Yes– STRINGER: So it’s possible | – 遇到过。。。 – 这么说 | 
| [07:13] | my client fired off the first shot or two | 有可能是我的当事人 | 
| [07:15] | in defense of her unborn child | 为了保护她的孩子开了一两枪 | 
| [07:17] | and just kept squeezing the trigger | 然后在惊惧中 | 
| [07:19] | while still in shock. | 一直扣动着扳机 | 
| [07:20] | That’s possible, | 那时可能的 | 
| [07:21] | isn’t it, detective? | 不是吗,警探? | 
| [07:23] | Anything’s possible, counsel. | 一切皆有可能,律师 | 
| [07:29] | If at any time you get confused, | 如果你在任何时候感到困惑 | 
| [07:30] | you just tell me, okay, Virginia? | 你就告诉我,好吗,Virginia? | 
| [07:32] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [07:34] | And you understand I represent White Oaks, | 你知道我是代表白橡树 | 
| [07:36] | the apartment complex | 就是你居住的公寓大楼 | 
| [07:37] | where you live, right? Yes. | – 是吗? – 知道 | 
| [07:40] | SLOAN: Did your lawyers tell you | 你的律师告诉你 | 
| [07:41] | I’d be against you? | 我是和你作对的? | 
| [07:43] | Yeah. | 是的 | 
| [07:44] | SLOAN: Well, | 那好 | 
| [07:45] | I’ll try not to be a big meanie. | 我尽量不做个大坏蛋 | 
| [07:48] | Really, I just wanna find out what happened. | 说真的,我只是想知道发生了什么 | 
| [07:51] | Now, this happened at a party, right? | 这是在一个派对上发生的,对吧? | 
| [07:54] | Yes, | 是的 | 
| [07:55] | we were having a birthday party. | 我们在开生日派对 | 
| [07:57] | Your birthday? | 你的生日吗? | 
| [07:59] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [07:59] | How old? | 多大了? | 
| [08:00] | Ten. | 十岁 | 
| [08:02] | Ten? | 十岁? | 
| [08:03] | Wow. | 哇 | 
| [08:04] | That’s a big one. | 真是个重要的生日 | 
| [08:05] | I bet you were really excited. | 我敢打赌你很兴奋 | 
| [08:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 | 
| [08:08] | Know how old I am? | 知道我多少岁吗? | 
| [08:10] | A hundred. | 一百岁 | 
| [08:15] | Some of the guests said you were jumping | 有人说你跳到 | 
| [08:17] | on the balcony, | 阳台上 | 
| [08:19] | is that right? | 对吗? | 
| [08:20] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [08:21] | And were you also jumping | 然后你又跳到 | 
| [08:23] | against the rail, Virginia? | 护栏上了吗,Virginia? | 
| [08:25] | It just broke. | 护栏坏了 | 
| [08:27] | You must have been so scared. | 你一定非常害怕 | 
| [08:30] | I was. | 是的 | 
| [08:31] | Do you remember where your mom was when you fell? | 你记得你摔下去的时候,你妈妈在哪儿吗? | 
| [08:36] | I think in the kitchen. | 我想她在厨房里 | 
| [08:43] | First of all, | 首先 | 
| [08:44] | I’m not a divorce lawyer, Bobby. | 我不是一个办离婚案的律师,Bobby | 
| [08:45] | That’s a whole different breed of bug. | 那完全不是一回事 | 
| [08:47] | And second, even if I were, I’m a little too close. | 其次,即使我是,这关系也太近了吧 | 
| [08:50] | DONNELL: It’s not going to be complicated | 这不会很复杂的 | 
| [08:51] | or even contested. | 甚至都不会有争执 | 
| [08:53] | I just wanna get it done. | 我只想了结此事 | 
| [08:55] | FRUTT: Speaking professionally, | 专业角度来说 | 
| [08:56] | I don’t think that’s a sound approach, | 我觉得这不是个稳妥的方法 | 
| [08:58] | and speaking personally, | 从个人角度说 | 
| [08:59] | I’m offended by it. | 我对此有气 | 
| [09:01] | You have a son. | 你们有个儿子 | 
| [09:03] | You both have a duty | 你们两个都有责任 | 
| [09:05] | to explore reconciliation. | 去寻求和解 | 
| [09:06] | How could you possibly | 你怎么可能 | 
| [09:08] | prioritize expediency over– | 优先考虑图省事。。。 | 
| [09:09] | I’m not asking you to interfere | 我不是要你干涉 | 
| [09:11] | with my life, Ellenor. | 我的生活,Ellenor | 
| [09:12] | I am in your life, Bobby! | 我就在你的生活里,Bobby! | 
| [09:13] | So is Rebecca! So is everybody else | Rebecca也是!这办公室里 | 
| [09:15] | in this office! | 所有别的人都是! | 
| [09:16] | Whether you want us in is beside the point. | 你是否想让我们进入你的生活是无关紧要的 | 
| [09:18] | I don’t. FRUTT: Well, we are! | – 我不想 – 可我们是! | 
| [09:23] | And as your friend, | 作为你的朋友 | 
| [09:25] | as a parent myself, | 我自己也是一个家长 | 
| [09:27] | I am telling you, | 我要告诉你 | 
| [09:29] | go get your hands dirty | 在离婚之前,在心理咨询中投入精力 | 
| [09:31] | in therapy before– | 付出努力。。。 | 
| [09:32] | It’s her, okay? | 是她要离,行了吧? | 
| [09:35] | Lindsay’s mind is made up. | Lindsay心意已决 | 
| [09:37] | She’s immovable. | 她不会动摇的 | 
| [09:38] | Given that, the best way to spare my son | 鉴于此,不殃及我儿子的最好办法 | 
| [09:40] | is to get it done. | 就是把这事了结了 | 
| [09:45] | Is there going to be a custody issue? | 会有监护权问题吗? | 
| [09:47] | No, she’s taking him weekdays. | 没有,她平日带他 | 
| [09:49] | I get him weekends. | 周末是我带 | 
| [09:55] | There’s no rule this has to be messy, you know. | 你知道,不定规矩就会一团糟的 | 
| [09:59] | There’s gotta be a rule against it being simple. | 要定一条不搞得那么泾渭分明的规矩 | 
| [10:12] | I can’t believe you have a murder trial. | 我不敢相信你接了一个谋杀的案子 | 
| [10:15] | STRINGER: Me neither. | 我也是 | 
| [10:16] | Is there a reason you’re on this? | 你凭什么接这样的案子? | 
| [10:18] | I know you’re good, | 我知道你很棒 | 
| [10:19] | but still, | 但毕竟 | 
| [10:21] | a year out of law school? | 毕业才一年? | 
| [10:22] | I think Eugene wanted a woman on board | 我想Eugene想要有一个女性在律师席上 | 
| [10:24] | since there are implied | 因为这案子从始至终 | 
| [10:26] | Roe V. Wade issues running through this. | 会涉及到罗伊诉韦德案的问题 (著名的堕胎案,孕妇罗伊要求堕胎,德州政府认为胎儿 一经受孕即有人权,但最高法院最终支持堕胎) | 
| [10:28] | Roe V. Wade? | 罗伊诉韦德案? | 
| [10:29] | The fetus wasn’t viable | 在枪击事件发生时 | 
| [10:31] | at the time of the shooting. | 胎儿还不算是可存活的 | 
| [10:33] | We’re arguing defense of others, so– | 而我们正采用保护第三方的辩护理由,所以。。。 (第三方是否具有人权是至关重要的) | 
| [10:35] | CLAIRE: Is that a problem for you? | 你对此会有想法吗? | 
| [10:37] | I mean, being a pro-choice woman? | 我是说,做为一个支持堕胎的女性? | 
| [10:39] | Not really, plus– | 我算不上支持,加之。。。 | 
| [10:41] | Plus what? | 加之什么? | 
| [10:44] | I love working with Eugene. | 我喜欢和Eugene一起工作 | 
| [10:46] | He’s so far and away the best lawyer | 他绝对是这家事务所里最好的律师 | 
| [10:48] | in this firm. | 他绝对是这家事务所里最好的律师 | 
| [10:49] | I’m afraid of him. | 我可怕他了 | 
| [10:50] | I said, “Hi,” once, | 又一次我说“嗨” | 
| [10:51] | and he kind of, hmm, grunted, yes. | 而他用那种,唔,嘟囔一声 | 
| [10:59] | Do you think it’d be incredibly inappropriate | 你觉得如果我约他出去是不是 | 
| [11:01] | if I asked him out? | 很不合适? | 
| [11:02] | Yes! Hello? | 是!你? | 
| [11:04] | Well, he’s never going to ask me out. | 呃,他绝对不会约我出去的 | 
| [11:06] | He’s too principled, | 他太讲原则了 | 
| [11:08] | which means if we were to ever date, | 也就是说如果我们能约会 | 
| [11:12] | I’d have to make the move. | 我得采取主动 | 
| [11:15] | Claire, | |
| [11:17] | we’re set? | 我们可以开始了吗? | 
| [11:18] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 | 
| [11:19] | You prepped this woman, right? | 你给这个女人做了准备,对吧? | 
| [11:21] | Oh, she’s prepped. | 噢,给她准备过了 | 
| [11:22] | She’s ready. | 她可以了 | 
| [11:23] | Let’s go. | 走吧 | 
| [11:28] | BARKER: It isn’t really true, though, is it? | 不真是这样的,是吗? | 
| [11:30] | What? | 你指什么? | 
| [11:31] | That it’s Lindsay’s doing. | 说是Lindsay要离婚 | 
| [11:33] | You orchestrated it, | 但却是你策划的 | 
| [11:34] | don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗? | 
| [11:35] | I didn’t orchestrate her | 我可没有策划让她 | 
| [11:36] | falling out of love with me. | 不再爱我了 | 
| [11:38] | Fair enough. | 就算是吧 | 
| [11:39] | Wives do that with husbands all the time, | 妻子总是这样对丈夫 | 
| [11:42] | but they don’t leave when there are children involved | 但有孩子的时候她们不会选择离开 | 
| [11:44] | unless pushed. | 除非是被逼的 | 
| [11:47] | And I pushed her? | 你说我逼的她? | 
| [11:49] | You kissed me. | 你吻了我 | 
| [11:50] | You slept with me. | 你和我上床 | 
| [11:52] | One could argue that you traded | 有人会说你利用了 | 
| [11:53] | on her self-respect | 她的自尊 | 
| [11:54] | and manipulated things. | 并操纵此事 | 
| [11:55] | Are you my therapist now? | 你现在是我的心理医生吗? | 
| [11:58] | No, I’m the mistress | 不,我是你的情妇 | 
| [12:00] | or maybe I’m just the device | 或者也许只是 | 
| [12:02] | that helps you end your marriage. | 有助于你结束婚姻的一个手段 | 
| [12:08] | All right, this is crazy. | 好了,这是不理智的 | 
| [12:09] | Let’s postpone. | 让我们推迟庭审吧 | 
| [12:11] | No. YOUNG: Carrie, you’re in pain. | - 不 - Carrie,你很痛苦 | 
| [12:13] | The baby could be in distress. | 肚子里的孩子可能会有问题 | 
| [12:15] | Is he? | 是吗? | 
| [12:16] | I don’t know, Carrie, | 我不知道,Carrie | 
| [12:17] | but why take the risk? | 为什么要冒险呢? | 
| [12:19] | I don’t wanna give birth in custody! | 我不想在拘押期间生下孩子! | 
| [12:21] | They’ll just take him away from me. | 他们会把他带走的 | 
| [12:23] | I want the trial over. | 我希望审判结束 | 
| [12:25] | I wanna have him on the outside. | 我要在外面生下他 | 
| [12:27] | Carrie, we could lose, | Carrie,我们可能会输的 | 
| [12:29] | in which case– | 在那种情况下 | 
| [12:32] | you’ll probably get more visitation in jail | 你在看守所得到的探视权 | 
| [12:35] | than you could in prison. | 要比你在监狱里的多 | 
| [12:39] | These are just contractions, | 就像你说的那样 | 
| [12:40] | like you said. | 只是宫缩吧 | 
| [12:43] | I wanna keep going. | 我想继续下去 | 
| [12:45] | I wanna have my baby | 我想在真正的医院里 | 
| [12:46] | in a real hospital, | 生下孩子 | 
| [12:49] | not in a jail. | 而不是在看守所里 | 
| [12:54] | NAOMI: My kitchen has a window, | 我的厨房有一扇窗户 | 
| [12:55] | so I could see her. I understand, | - 所以我能看见她 - 我明白 | 
| [12:57] | but my question was, | 但我的问题是 | 
| [12:58] | do you think it was safe for her to play | 你觉得让她在二楼的阳台上玩耍 | 
| [13:00] | on the second-story balcony? | 是安全的吗? | 
| [13:02] | I assumed the balcony was safe. | 我认为阳台是安全的 | 
| [13:04] | SLOAN: It never previously struck you as unsafe, | 你以前从没觉得它不安全 | 
| [13:06] | did it? No. | - 是吗? - 不觉得 | 
| [13:08] | SLOAN: And you never called | 而且你也从未 | 
| [13:09] | the White Oaks Management Company | 就你公寓外的栏杆 | 
| [13:10] | about the railing outside your apartment, | 给白橡树管理公司打过电话 | 
| [13:12] | did you? | 是吗? | 
| [13:13] | No. | 没打过 | 
| [13:15] | SLOAN: How many times a day | 你能说说看 | 
| [13:16] | would you say you looked at that railing? | 你在一天之中看到那护栏多少次? | 
| [13:18] | I don’t have time to sit around | 我没时间坐在那儿 | 
| [13:19] | and look at a railing. | 看着护栏 | 
| [13:20] | SLOAN: I know, but how many times a day, | 我知道,但是在一天中 | 
| [13:22] | on average, do you think you see it? | 平均来说,你觉得看了多少次? | 
| [13:24] | A dozen? | 十几次? | 
| [13:25] | Two dozen? Maybe 10 | - 二十几次? - 或许有十次吧 | 
| [13:27] | if you count the times I see it | 如果你数一下我从厨房里 | 
| [13:29] | from inside the kitchen. | 看到护栏次数的话 | 
| [13:30] | SLOAN: And how long did you live | 在这次事故前, | 
| [13:31] | in this apartment before the accident? | 你在这个公寓里住了多久? | 
| [13:33] | About four years. SLOAN: Okay, | - 大概四年 - 好吧 | 
| [13:36] | three hundred sixty-five times four | 三百六十五乘以四 | 
| [13:38] | makes one thousand four hundred sixty days. | 是一千四百六十天 | 
| [13:41] | If you looked ten times a day | 如果你四年里 | 
| [13:43] | for four years, | 一天看十次 | 
| [13:45] | assuming my math is correct, | 假设我算得没错 | 
| [13:46] | you looked at that railing roughly | 在事故发生前 | 
| [13:48] | 14,600 times | 你大概看了那护栏 | 
| [13:50] | before the accident, | 一万四千六百次 | 
| [13:52] | and not once did you notice anything | 而你一次也没有注意到 | 
| [13:54] | was wrong with it. | 护栏有什么问题 | 
| [13:55] | Isn’t that right? | 不对吗? | 
| [13:58] | What the hell was all that about? | 这都是扯得什么蛋呀? | 
| [14:01] | Four times three sixty-five times ten. | 三百六十五乘以四 | 
| [14:03] | What’s that got to do with anything? | 这有什么关系啊? | 
| [14:05] | Here’s our problem, | 这就是我们的麻烦所在 | 
| [14:07] | the defendant isn’t really negligent | 被告在维修护栏方面并没有 | 
| [14:09] | for not fixing the railing | 真的疏忽大意 | 
| [14:11] | if they had no way of knowing | 如果他们不知道 | 
| [14:12] | it was broken. | 栏杆坏了 | 
| [14:13] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀? | 
| [14:14] | They have an ongoing duty | 他们检查和修理的责任 | 
| [14:15] | to inspect and repair. | 是始终存在的 | 
| [14:17] | Yes, and the file is full | 没错,文件中所有的 | 
| [14:19] | of maintenance reports | 维修报告都说明 | 
| [14:20] | that say they did exactly that. | 他们确实做到了 | 
| [14:22] | Not one report says | 没有一份报告称 | 
| [14:23] | the railing was loose or broken, | 护栏松动或断裂 | 
| [14:25] | and now they’ve got your testimony | 现在他们得到了你的证词 | 
| [14:26] | that you’ve never noticed anything wrong either. | 称你从未注意到护栏有什么问题 | 
| [14:28] | CLAIRE: But the way Virginia fell– | 但是Virginia那样摔下去。。。 | 
| [14:31] | that railing had to be broken. | 护栏肯定是坏了 | 
| [14:32] | We have to be able to prove that. | 我们必须能证明那一点 | 
| [14:34] | It’s their building, | 那可是他们的大楼呀 | 
| [14:36] | for God’s sake! | 看在上帝的份上! | 
| [14:37] | Naomi, look, | Naomi,是这样的 | 
| [14:40] | this is going to be | 这会是一个 | 
| [14:41] | a very tough case to win. | 非常难赢的案子 | 
| [14:44] | My suggestion would be, | 我的建议是 | 
| [14:46] | let me see if I can get something. | 让我们看看是否能争取到一些东西 | 
| [14:48] | By “something” you mean how much? | 你说的“一些”是指多少? | 
| [14:51] | If we can get, | 如果我们能做到的话 | 
| [14:52] | say, 50,000, | 提出五万 | 
| [14:55] | we should think about it. | 我们应该考虑一下 | 
| [14:58] | My daughter will be in a wheelchair | 我的女儿余生都要 | 
| [15:02] | for the rest of her life. | 坐在一把轮椅上 | 
| [15:06] | For that, we’re supposed | 对此,五万元, | 
| [15:07] | to accept $50,000? | 我们就应该接受吗? | 
| [15:10] | The damages to your daughter | 对你女儿的伤害 | 
| [15:12] | are obviously immeasurable. | 显然是不可估量的 | 
| [15:15] | Unfortunately, I don’t know | 不幸的是,我不知道 | 
| [15:18] | if we can prove what we need to prove. | 我们是否可以证明那些我们必须要证明的东西 | 
| [15:22] | I don’t believe this. | 我简直不敢相信 | 
| [15:26] | My daughter can’t walk. | 我女儿不能走路了 | 
| [15:30] | She can’t walk. | 她不能走路了 | 
| [15:40] | They fought a lot, | 他们吵过很多次 | 
| [15:42] | but it escalated dramatically | 但在她怀孕后 | 
| [15:43] | after she got pregnant. | 显著恶化了 | 
| [15:44] | By “fought,” you mean? | 你说“吵架”是指? | 
| [15:46] | A lot of screaming, | 大声叫喊 | 
| [15:47] | but it got physical, too. | 也有肢体的冲突 | 
| [15:48] | I could hear it right through the walls. | 我透过墙都可以听见 | 
| [15:49] | YOUNG: And Mr. Gaul, you live in the apartment | Gaul先生,你住在Neilson夫人和受害人的隔壁吗? | 
| [15:52] | next to Mrs. Neilson and the victim? | Gaul先生,你住在Neilson夫人和受害人的隔壁吗? | 
| [15:54] | Correct. | 没错 | 
| [15:55] | And Mr. Gaul, were you able to hear | Gaul先生,你能听到 | 
| [15:57] | the substance of their arguments? | 他们吵的是什么吗? | 
| [15:59] | Typically, no, | 通常听不到 | 
| [16:00] | because I really didn’t care to. | 因为我真的也不关心 | 
| [16:02] | I’d turn my television up. | 我会打开我的电视 | 
| [16:04] | But I did specifically hear him screaming | 但是我确实听到他叫喊着 | 
| [16:06] | that he didn’t want her to have it, | 他不想让她要什么 | 
| [16:08] | presumably the baby. | 大概是指婴儿 | 
| [16:09] | I also specifically heard her | 我还确实听到她 | 
| [16:11] | on more than one occasion | 不止一次 | 
| [16:13] | screaming at him | 对他喊叫 | 
| [16:14] | that he was hurting her. | 说他弄伤了她 | 
| [16:15] | Did you ever do anything yourself? | 你自发地做过什么吗? | 
| [16:18] | I intervened when I thought he was hurting her. | 当我认为他在伤害她时,我就插手了 | 
| [16:20] | When he wasn’t around, | 他不在的时候 | 
| [16:21] | I tried another form of intervention, | 我尝试了另一种干预方式 | 
| [16:23] | which was trying to persuade her | 就是劝她离开这个男人 | 
| [16:24] | to leave the man. | 就是劝她离开他 | 
| [16:25] | Did you ever call the police? | 你报过警吗? | 
| [16:27] | I called them the night I heard the shots, | 发生枪击的那天我报了警 | 
| [16:29] | and I called them once before | 我还报过一次警 | 
| [16:30] | when I thought he was physically | 那是我以为他对她进行肢体攻击 | 
| [16:31] | attacking her. | 那是我以为他对她进行肢体攻击 | 
| [16:33] | According to your statement to the police, | 根据你对警方的陈述 | 
| [16:35] | you either intervened or called the police | 每次你听到有身体虐待的声音 | 
| [16:38] | every time you heard sounds | 或者强烈的尖叫时 | 
| [16:39] | of physical abuse | 你要么进行干预 | 
| [16:40] | or intense screaming. | 要么就报警 | 
| [16:42] | Was that your statement? | 你是这么说的吗? | 
| [16:43] | Yes, it was. | 对,是的 | 
| [16:45] | And it’s true? | 真是这样的吗? | 
| [16:46] | Yes, it is. | 对,是的 | 
| [16:47] | Well, on the night of Mr. Neilson’s death, | 那好,Neilson先生死去的那天 | 
| [16:49] | you neither intervened nor called the police | 在枪击之前,你既没有进行干预 | 
| [16:52] | prior to the shooting, | 也没有报警 | 
| [16:53] | is that correct? Yes. | – 对吗? – 对 | 
| [16:55] | KUPCHECK: So one could conclude, then, | 那么可以得出结论 | 
| [16:57] | that there were no sounds of fighting | 那开枪前就不存在争吵声了 | 
| [16:59] | before the gun was fired. | 那开枪前没有争吵声了 | 
| [17:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [17:04] | Well, you didn’t hear them. | 可你没有听到什么 | 
| [17:06] | I can’t say that I did, | 我不能说我听到了 | 
| [17:07] | but I was in shock myself. | 但是我自己也很震惊 | 
| [17:08] | It’s possible I just don’t remember. | 有可能是我不记得了 | 
| [17:16] | Ellenor, | |
| [17:24] | Looks like somebody’s leaving. | 好像有人要走了 | 
| [17:29] | Lindsay, this is none of my business. | Lindsay,这不关我的事 | 
| [17:32] | I couldn’t agree with you more. | 我完全同意 | 
| [17:34] | FRUTT: All right, look, | 好吧,你看 | 
| [17:36] | cards on the table? | 有话直说吧? | 
| [17:40] | I love you, | 我喜爱你 | 
| [17:42] | and I love Bobby, | 我也喜爱Bobby | 
| [17:44] | and I suppose I have an emotional investment | 况且我认为我对这段婚姻 | 
| [17:46] | in this marriage. | 倾注了情感 | 
| [17:48] | I think you’re being far, | 我认为你是做过头了 | 
| [17:50] | far too draconian here. | 对此太过严苛了 | 
| [17:53] | You have a son, | 你有个儿子 | 
| [17:55] | and as angry as you may be with Bobby, | 尽管你对Bobby很生气 | 
| [17:57] | and I don’t blame you, by the way. | 顺便说一句,我并不怪你 | 
| [18:00] | You have to realize | 但你还是要认识到 | 
| [18:01] | that the hatred you feel comes from betrayal | 你的憎恨感是因遭到背叛 | 
| [18:04] | and that the foundation of betrayal | 而没有爱的话也就谈不上背叛 | 
| [18:06] | is love. | 而没有爱的话也就谈不上背叛 | 
| [18:09] | There is no good reason | 没有充分的理由 | 
| [18:12] | to rush this. | 去仓促行事 | 
| [18:15] | Let some time pass. | 让时间过去一些吧 | 
| [18:17] | Give your emotions some time to settle. | 给自己一些时间来平息情绪 | 
| [18:21] | Lindsay, | |
| [18:23] | you have a son. | 你有个儿子呀 | 
| [18:27] | Can you sit for a second? | 你能坐一会儿吗? | 
| [18:38] | Last week, I sat in a church grieving | 上周,我坐在教堂里 | 
| [18:41] | for a serial killer, | 为一个连环杀手而悲伤 | 
| [18:44] | a sick man who kills innocent people. | 一个杀害无辜者的变态 | 
| [18:47] | I mourned his loss, Ellenor. | 我为他的去世而哀悼,Ellenor | 
| [18:52] | But the thing that struck me sitting in that church | 但我坐在教堂里突然意识到 | 
| [18:54] | was that I was mourning. | 我是在哀悼 | 
| [18:57] | I was feeling. | 我是在感悟 | 
| [18:59] | It was something I haven’t done for a long, | 这是我很久很久没有做到的事了 | 
| [19:03] | long time. | 这是我很久很久没有做到的事了 | 
| [19:07] | And you said let my emotions settle. | 你说让我的情感得到平复 | 
| [19:11] | My problem is… | 我的问题在于。。。 | 
| [19:13] | I’ve had no emotions. | 我没有情感了 | 
| [19:16] | I’ve been going dead with Bobby. | 我和Bobby的情感已经枯竭了 | 
| [19:20] | With every day, I grow a little more dead, | 每过一天,就愈加枯竭 | 
| [19:23] | and that’s where my son is becoming most victimized. | 这就是我儿子最为受害的地方 | 
| [19:28] | His mother is becoming emotionally deadened. | 他的妈妈变得情感枯竭 | 
| [19:34] | I wish I would feel hatred | 我希望我能对Bobby感到 | 
| [19:36] | or anger towards Bobby, | 憎恨或者愤怒 | 
| [19:39] | but I feel neither. | 但这些我都感觉不到 | 
| [19:44] | I don’t love him. | 我不爱他 | 
| [19:45] | I don’t hate him. | 我也不恨他 | 
| [19:48] | I’m not sure if I really even like him, | 我不确定我是否真的喜欢他 | 
| [19:51] | but what I am sure of | 但我确定的是 | 
| [19:53] | is that for me to have any chance | 为了让我有机会 | 
| [19:56] | of resuming some emotional life, | 恢复一些感情生活 | 
| [20:01] | I have to get away from him. | 我必须要离开他 | 
| [20:05] | And that’s what I’m doing. | 这就是我正在做的 | 
| [20:15] | YOUNG: I’m not so convinced we should call her. | 我不太确定我们应该传她出庭作证 | 
| [20:17] | Carrie? | |
| [20:18] | How can we not? | 怎么不能? | 
| [20:20] | Well, the neighbor’s testimony went so well, | 呃,那个邻居的证词很有利 | 
| [20:22] | Carrie could just throw that all away. | Carrie可能会使其付之东流 | 
| [20:23] | But our whole case turns on jury sympathy. | 但我们的案子都依赖于陪审团的同情 | 
| [20:26] | They have to get to know her. | 他们必须要了解她 | 
| [20:28] | Maybe so. | 也许是 | 
| [20:35] | Eugene, can we talk | Eugene,我们能谈一下 | 
| [20:37] | for a second about last week | 上周我出庭作证的事吗? | 
| [20:38] | when I took the stand? | 上周我出庭作证的事吗? | 
| [20:39] | What’s there to talk about? | 有什么好谈的? | 
| [20:41] | Look, I know you weren’t trying to do me any favors, | 我知道你不是想帮我什么忙 | 
| [20:44] | but why– | 但为什么。。。 | 
| [20:49] | is there a reason you feel a need to apologize | 如果有人对你的同情表示敬意的话 | 
| [20:51] | if somebody salutes your compassion? | 你觉得你有必要做些解释吗? | 
| [20:54] | I don’t think I do that. | 我认为没必要 | 
| [21:00] | Why do you grunt? | 你为什么嘟嘟囔囔的? | 
| [21:02] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么? | 
| [21:03] | Well, do you intimidate people by design? | 呃, 你是故意要吓唬人的吗? | 
| [21:05] | Look, we have a case to work on here, Jamie, | 听着,我们有个案子要处理,Jamie | 
| [21:08] | so is there a reason for all these questions? | 那么所有这些问题都有必要吗? | 
| [21:10] | I’m just taking a personal interest in you. | 我只是对你有个人兴趣 | 
| [21:11] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 | 
| [21:18] | Look, | 听着 | 
| [21:20] | I know you wouldn’t go out with me in a million years, | 我知道在一百万年内你不会约我出去 | 
| [21:23] | but I was wondering | 但是我想知道 | 
| [21:27] | after this trial, | 办这个案子后 | 
| [21:30] | could we may be set our clock | 我们能把时钟 | 
| [21:32] | ahead a million years and go have dinner? | 拨快一百万年然后去吃顿晚餐吗? | 
| [21:41] | I don’t think that would be a great idea. | 我觉得那不是个好主意 | 
| [21:46] | Okay. | 那好吧 | 
| [21:49] | Can we debate the merit | 我们可以在晚餐的时候 | 
| [21:50] | of the idea over dinner? | 讨论一下这个想法的价值吗? | 
| [21:58] | Let’s just get back to work. | 我们还是回到工作上吧 | 
| [22:03] | Fine. | 好吧 | 
| [22:07] | Fine. | 好吧 | 
| [22:25] | I’ve scheduled a settlement conference | 我已经安排了一个明天早上9点 | 
| [22:27] | for 9:00 tomorrow morning. | 的和解会议 | 
| [22:30] | As I said, I’d be thrilled to get 50 | 如我所说的,在这种情况下拿到5万 | 
| [22:31] | under this fact pattern. | 我就很高兴了 | 
| [22:33] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [22:38] | May I ask, | 我可以问问吗 | 
| [22:39] | who was handling this case, | 谁在负责这个案子 | 
| [22:41] | you or Lindsay? | 你还是Lindsay? | 
| [22:43] | Well, I was pushing it uphill. | 呃,我是往上推进 | 
| [22:46] | Um, Lindsay was planning to take the depos. | 唔,Lindsay是打算降低预期 | 
| [22:49] | Why? | 为什么问这个? | 
| [22:51] | Can I be honest? | 我能说实话吗? | 
| [22:52] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [22:55] | I think a disservice | 我认为这是给客户 | 
| [22:56] | was done to these people, | 帮了倒忙 | 
| [22:59] | revving the mother up, | 把这位母亲鼓动起来 | 
| [23:00] | making her think there’d be some big score. | 使她觉得会大有所图 | 
| [23:03] | CLAIRE: Her daughter is in a wheelchair. | 她的女儿坐在轮椅上 | 
| [23:04] | We hardly needed to rev her up. | 我们几乎不需要鼓动她 | 
| [23:06] | She was obviously led to believe | 她显然是被引导去相信了 | 
| [23:08] | there’s some pot of gold here. | 这儿有一座金山 | 
| [23:10] | There should be. | 应该有的 | 
| [23:12] | A girl is disabled– BERLUTI: Yes, | – 一个女孩残废了。。。 – 没错 | 
| [23:14] | the damages are there. | 损害是存在的 | 
| [23:15] | That doesn’t mean liability is. | 但那并不意味责任也存在 | 
| [23:18] | Whose side are you on? | 你是站在哪一边呀? | 
| [23:21] | Claire, I know you don’t wanna hear this, | Claire,我知道你不想听 | 
| [23:25] | but public housing tenants | 但政府提供的公屋的租户 | 
| [23:27] | make lousy plaintiffs. | 是令人讨厌的原告 | 
| [23:29] | For whatever reason, | 不管什么原因 | 
| [23:31] | juries don’t like them. | 陪审团不喜欢他们 | 
| [23:33] | On top of that, | 除此之外 | 
| [23:34] | you’ve got a defendant knee-deep in HUD loans | 你遇到一个背着住房与城市发展部的贷款 | 
| [23:36] | just trying to keep the place habitable. | 一心只想维持这个地方还可以居住的被告方 | 
| [23:39] | There’s no pot of gold, | 这没有金山 | 
| [23:40] | and you did a big disservice | 你向客户提出其他建议 | 
| [23:42] | to the client to suggest otherwise. | 是件造成很大危害的事 | 
| [23:46] | I know you’re young and enthusiastic, | 我知道你年轻气盛 | 
| [23:49] | but I think you need to deal | 但我认为你需要 | 
| [23:51] | with your zeal. | 克制你的热情 | 
| [23:53] | Sometimes it can cause harm. | 有些时候那会造成损害的 | 
| [24:00] | The meeting’s at 9:00. | 会议是在九点 | 
| [24:09] | CARRIE: We’d been married just under four years. | 我们结婚不到四年 | 
| [24:11] | Happily? | 生活快乐吗? | 
| [24:12] | CARRIE: Till about two years ago. | 两年前还可以 | 
| [24:13] | He was having problems with his partners, | 他和他的生意伙伴出了些问题 | 
| [24:17] | and he started drinking more. | 他就开始酗酒 | 
| [24:19] | He started hitting me. | 他开始打我 | 
| [24:22] | STRINGER: He started hitting you. | 他开始打你? | 
| [24:23] | Over what period of time? | 有多长时间了? | 
| [24:26] | Over a period of about six months. | 差不多六个月 | 
| [24:29] | Then I got pregnant, | 然后我怀孕了 | 
| [24:30] | and he promised to stop drinking. | 他答应戒酒 | 
| [24:33] | Did he? | 他戒了吗? | 
| [24:35] | For a while. | 戒了一段时间 | 
| [24:37] | Things kept getting worse at work. | 但他工作上越来越不顺心 | 
| [24:40] | I couldn’t have been easy to be around, | 我第一次怀孕的头三个月 | 
| [24:42] | you know, the first trimester | 我不可能很容易相处 | 
| [24:43] | of my first pregnancy. | 我不可能很容易相处 | 
| [24:45] | Can you tell us what happened that night? | 你能告诉我们当晚的情况吗? | 
| [24:48] | He came home. | 他回到家 | 
| [24:51] | He’d been drinking. | 他已经喝高了 | 
| [24:53] | And he said– | 他说。。。 | 
| [24:56] | he said he didn’t want me | 他说他不想要我了 | 
| [24:59] | and he didn’t want the baby, | 他也不想要孩子 | 
| [25:01] | that he was suffocating, | 他觉得很憋气 | 
| [25:03] | that I’d ruined everything. | 说是我把一切都弄糟了 | 
| [25:04] | STRINGER: Did you argue? | 你争辩了吗? | 
| [25:06] | CARRIE: Not really. | 也算不上 | 
| [25:08] | I began to respond when he just shoved me, | 在他推我的时候,我开始做出回应 | 
| [25:12] | and then he punched me. | 然后他打了我一拳 | 
| [25:13] | What did you do? | 你呢? | 
| [25:14] | I did what I always did. | 我跟以前一样 | 
| [25:17] | I took it, | 我忍了 | 
| [25:19] | tried not to make him any more angry. | 尽量不惹他更生气 | 
| [25:21] | STRINGER: How did he react to that? | 他对此有何反应? | 
| [25:24] | He said something about | 他说了些 | 
| [25:26] | getting it out of me, | 让我滚蛋之类的话 | 
| [25:28] | and then he punched me, | 然后又打了我一拳 | 
| [25:31] | and I fell to the ground. | 我摔倒在地上 | 
| [25:33] | STRINGER: Then what? | 然后呢? | 
| [25:34] | And I pulled… | 我从。。。 | 
| [25:37] | the gun out of the cabinet | 我放枪的柜子里 | 
| [25:38] | where we kept it, | 把枪拿出来 | 
| [25:39] | and I told him to stand back, | 我叫他退后 | 
| [25:41] | that I wouldn’t let him hurt our baby, | 我不会让他伤害我们的孩子 | 
| [25:44] | and then he lunged at me! | 然后他向我扑来! | 
| [25:47] | Carrie, what did you do next? | Carrie,接下来你做了什么? | 
| [25:49] | I shot him. | 我冲他开了枪 | 
| [25:54] | It was as if my fingers, | 好像我的手指 | 
| [25:56] | they just convulsed on the trigger | 它们就是在扳机上抽动着 | 
| [25:58] | like it wasn’t me shooting. | 似乎不是我在射击 | 
| [26:04] | KUPCHECK: You say your husband beat you | 你说你丈夫打你的时间 | 
| [26:05] | over a six-month period | 超过了六个月 | 
| [26:07] | and you never called the police | 但你从未有一次报过警 | 
| [26:08] | any of those times. | 但你从未有一次报过警 | 
| [26:10] | I’m seeing a therapist about that now | 我现在正在咨询一位心理医生 | 
| [26:12] | and she says it’s called | 她说那叫做 | 
| [26:14] | battered women syndrome. | 受虐妇女综合症 | 
| [26:15] | KUPCHECK: I see. | 我明白 | 
| [26:16] | Did you ever go to the hospital? | 你去过医院吗? | 
| [26:18] | No. So you were never | – 没有 – 这么说你从来 | 
| [26:19] | really injured. | 没有真正受过伤 | 
| [26:20] | CARRIE: Oh, I had bruises. | 噢,我有瘀伤 | 
| [26:21] | I was just too ashamed to– | 我就是不好意思。。。 | 
| [26:23] | You never went to a shelter either? | 你也没去过庇护所? | 
| [26:26] | No. With all these places | – 没有 – 所有这些地方 | 
| [26:28] | you could go to for help– | 你都能得到救助。。。 | 
| [26:29] | Knowing something’s there and being able to do something about it | 有些事即使知道了,但能付诸行动就是另一回事了 | 
| [26:31] | are two different– | 有些事即使知道了,但能去做就是另一回事了 | 
| [26:32] | But you did do something about it, didn’t you, Carrie? | 但你确实是对此付诸行动了,不是吗,Carrie? | 
| [26:35] | You decided to put six bullets into your husband rather– | 你决定把六颗子弹打进你丈夫。。。 | 
| [26:37] | Objection! | 反对 | 
| [26:39] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [26:40] | Does the name Robert Sheehan | Robert Sheehan这个名字 | 
| [26:41] | mean anything to you? | 对你来说有什么意义? | 
| [26:44] | He’s a lawyer. | 他是个律师 | 
| [26:45] | He’s a divorce lawyer you consulted | 他是你在杀了你丈夫 | 
| [26:47] | only one month | 仅一个月前 | 
| [26:49] | before you killed your husband. | 咨询过的离婚律师 | 
| [26:52] | CARRIE: I met with him once, | 我和他见过一次面 | 
| [26:53] | but I didn’t follow through on it. | 但是我没有继续做这件事了 | 
| [26:55] | Because he told you that since most | 因为他告诉你 | 
| [26:57] | of your husband’s money | 因为你丈夫的大部分钱 | 
| [26:58] | was held in trusts, | 是以信托形式持有的 | 
| [26:59] | you would get a lot more with him dead | 所以你在他死后可以得到 | 
| [27:01] | than if you divorced him. | 比离婚更多的钱 | 
| [27:02] | Objection! | 反对! | 
| [27:03] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [27:05] | Your husband have life insurance? | 你丈夫有人寿保险吗? | 
| [27:06] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [27:07] | It’s a $500,000 policy | 这可是一笔会支付给你的 | 
| [27:10] | with the money going to you. | 50万美元的保险单 | 
| [27:11] | You’re aware of that, aren’t you? | 你是知道这事的,不是吗? | 
| [27:13] | I’m aware of it. | 我知道这事 | 
| [27:14] | You decided to trade in your alcoholic husband | 你决定拿你那酗酒的丈夫 | 
| [27:17] | for half a million dollars, didn’t you, Mrs. Neilson? | 来换取50万美金,不是吗,Neilson夫人? | 
| [27:19] | I decided to save the life of my baby, Mr. Kupcheck. | 我决定的是救我的孩子,Kupcheck先生 | 
| [27:22] | Oh, you were saving your baby? | 噢,你是在救你的孩子? | 
| [27:24] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [27:25] | Not your own life, | 不是你自己的性命 | 
| [27:27] | but your baby’s. | 而是你的孩子的性命 | 
| [27:28] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [27:30] | Mrs. Neilson, | Neilson夫人 | 
| [27:32] | have you ever had an abortion? | 你堕过胎吗? | 
| [27:33] | Objection! Objection! | – 反对! – 反对! | 
| [27:34] | The defendant is clearly saying | 被告明确地表示 | 
| [27:36] | that a two-month fetus is a person. | 两个月的胎儿是人 | 
| [27:37] | I’d like to cross-examine her on that. | 我要就此对她进行质询 | 
| [27:39] | I’ll allow it. | 我允许就此质询 | 
| [27:41] | Have you ever had an abortion? | 你堕过胎吗? | 
| [27:45] | Once, | 有一次 | 
| [27:46] | before I was married. | 在我结婚之前 | 
| [27:49] | If you remember, | 如果你记得的话 | 
| [27:51] | how old was the child? | 这个孩子多大了? | 
| [27:56] | Seventeen weeks. | 十七周 | 
| [28:03] | YOUNG: We got hurt in there today, Jamie. | 今天我们情况不妙了,Jamie | 
| [28:05] | STRINGER: Many people change their positions | Eugene,很多人改变了 | 
| [28:06] | on abortion, Eugene, | 他们对堕胎的立场 | 
| [28:07] | especially after they get married. | 尤其是在结婚之后 | 
| [28:09] | We need to draft a proposed set of jury instructions. | 我们需要起草一组给陪审团指示的提议 | 
| [28:11] | Mr. Young, | Young先生 | 
| [28:12] | you called for me. | 你找我 | 
| [28:14] | I need for you to think, Mr. Gaul. | 你要你仔细想想,Gaul先生 | 
| [28:15] | Think back. | 回想一下 | 
| [28:17] | Are you sure you didn’t hear | 你确定在开枪前 | 
| [28:18] | anything before the shots? | 你没有听到什么吗? | 
| [28:20] | I’m not sure at all. | 我一点也不确定 | 
| [28:21] | He put those words into my mouth. | 是检察官把我绕进去了 | 
| [28:23] | I may very well have heard them fighting. | 我很可能是听到了他们在争吵 | 
| [28:24] | I may need to put you | 我可能需要你 | 
| [28:25] | back up there to say that. | 再次出庭说明这一点 | 
| [28:27] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [28:27] | I’ll let you know. | 我会通知你的 | 
| [28:31] | It is not a good idea. | 这个主意不好 | 
| [28:32] | We cannot rest our case on that kind of uncertainty. | 我们不能在某种不确定性下结束举证 | 
| [28:34] | Well, I don’t like resting | 我是不喜欢在目前这种状态下 | 
| [28:35] | our case where we are right now. | 结束举证 | 
| [28:37] | Look, you wanna put the neighbor up there | 听着,你想让这个邻居出庭作证 | 
| [28:38] | to say what he may have heard? | 说他可能是听到了什么? | 
| [28:39] | Jury instructions, Jamie. | 陪审团指示,Jamie | 
| [28:40] | I need them on my desk tonight. | 我需要你今晚做完 | 
| [28:42] | Fine. Fine. | – 行 – 那就好 | 
| [28:46] | It just seems like | 只是觉得 | 
| [28:49] | such a little amount. | 就这么一点 | 
| [28:50] | It is, but– NAOMI: I read in the papers, | – 是的,但。。。 – 我从报纸上看到 | 
| [28:53] | these people who choose to smoke | 那些选择抽烟的人 | 
| [28:56] | win millions of dollars | 从烟草公司那里 | 
| [28:57] | from the tobacco companies. | 得到数百万美元的赔偿 | 
| [28:59] | My daughter didn’t choose | 我的女儿并没有 | 
| [29:01] | to lean against a broken railing, | 选择去靠在一个损坏的护栏上 | 
| [29:03] | and now she can’t walk. | 但她现在瘫痪了 | 
| [29:05] | CLAIRE: I think one thing that they’re betting on | 我想他们赌的是 | 
| [29:08] | is that you can’t afford | 你担负不起 | 
| [29:09] | to see this through trial. | 把官司一直打下去 | 
| [29:11] | If you beat them in court, Ms. Carter, | Carter女士,如果你在法庭上赢了他们 | 
| [29:13] | it could take four or five years | 在你能有所收获前 | 
| [29:14] | before you get anything, | 可能要花上四五年的时间 | 
| [29:16] | that’s just assuming you win, | 这还是说在能赢的情况下 | 
| [29:18] | which… | 这个。。。 | 
| [29:20] | isn’t even likely. | 不太可能 | 
| [29:23] | There’s nothing else you can do? | 你没有别的办法吗? | 
| [29:27] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得没有了 | 
| [29:29] | I mean, the truth is | 我是说, | 
| [29:30] | you’ve got a sympathetic defendant | 你碰上一个被人同情的被告 | 
| [29:32] | providing housing with loans from HUD. | 他们靠住房和城市发展部的贷款来提供住房 | 
| [29:34] | Like Jimmy says, | 如Jimmy所说 | 
| [29:35] | they get these loans just to– | 他们得到这些贷款只是。。。 | 
| [29:38] | NAOMI: What? | 怎么了? | 
| [29:41] | What? | 怎么了? | 
| [29:45] | What do you mean redo them? | 为什么要返工? | 
| [29:46] | Redo them. They’re imprecise. | 返工吧,写得不准确 | 
| [29:48] | This whole case would come down– | 这整件案子会完蛋的。。。 | 
| [29:49] | Where are they imprecise? | 哪里写得不准确 | 
| [29:53] | Three, four, five, six. | 第三、四、五和第六条 | 
| [29:56] | We need to spell it out. | 我们得把它说清楚 | 
| [29:58] | It is. Not enough, Jamie. | – 说清楚了 – 还不够,Jamie | 
| [30:00] | If that judge instructs | 如果法官指示 | 
| [30:01] | that a fetus is not a child, | 那个胎儿不算一个孩子 | 
| [30:02] | we lose. | 我们就输了 | 
| [30:03] | Do you get that? | 你明白了吗? | 
| [30:04] | Our whole theory is defense of others. | 我们完全是用保护第三方的辩护理由 | 
| [30:07] | If she instructs | 如果她指示 | 
| [30:08] | that there is no child, | 说那不是个孩子 | 
| [30:09] | then there is no other. | 也就不存在第三方了 | 
| [30:10] | Stop talking to me like I’m three. | 别再当我是三岁小孩那样说话了 | 
| [30:13] | I’m talking to you like you’re a lawyer | 我在把你当成一个律师在说话 | 
| [30:14] | and this work is not acceptable. | 这样的工作是不行的 | 
| [30:17] | Oh, you’re full of crap! | 噢,你说的全是废话! | 
| [30:18] | You’re upset because I asked you to dinner | 你不高兴是因为我请你吃饭 | 
| [30:19] | and you can’t handle it. | 而你不知道怎么办好 | 
| [30:21] | Well, the offer is revoked. | 好吧,我收回提议 | 
| [30:22] | You can go eat a cheeseburger alone | 你可以自己去啃一个像你 | 
| [30:25] | like the big, bald curmudgeon you are. | 这个大混蛋秃头那样的奶酪汉堡 | 
| [30:27] | You don’t talk to me like that. These instructions are fine. | – 别这么跟我说话 – 这些指示建议是没问题的 | 
| [30:29] | The work is acceptable. | 我这工作是合格的 | 
| [30:30] | So you can go off into a corner and grunt. | 所以你可以跑到角落里去嘟囔好了 | 
| [30:32] | Oh, now I get it. | 哦,现在我明白了 | 
| [30:33] | Get what? You asked me out for currency. | – 明白什么? – 你约我出去是为了有筹码 | 
| [30:37] | Now, when I come down on you for your work, | 现在,当我责怪你工作没做好时 | 
| [30:39] | you can claim I’m retaliating for personal reasons. | 你就可以说是我是出于个人原因报复 | 
| [30:42] | Very clever! STRINGER: Oh, | – 你真鸡贼! – 噢! | 
| [30:42] | that is so cynical! | 你真是把所有人都往坏处想! | 
| [30:44] | I don’t think so. STRINGER: I asked you out | – 我可不觉得 – 你约你出去 | 
| [30:45] | because I like you | 是因为我喜欢你 | 
| [30:47] | and you can’t take it. | 而你接受不了 | 
| [30:48] | Well, I like you. | 好吧,我是喜欢你 | 
| [30:52] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 | 
| [31:08] | Claire? | |
| [31:12] | Claire? | |
| [31:15] | Did you sleep here? | 你就睡这儿? | 
| [31:17] | Oh, I guess I did. | 噢,我想是吧 | 
| [31:19] | What are you working on? | 你在做什么? | 
| [31:21] | CLAIRE: The Carter case. | Carter的案子 | 
| [31:22] | I have a 9:00 | 九点有个 | 
| [31:23] | settlement conference. | 和解会议 | 
| [31:24] | It’s 10 past 9:00. | 现在都九点过十分了 | 
| [31:26] | What? | 啊? | 
| [31:30] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [31:31] | Traffic. | 堵车 | 
| [31:32] | We just started. | 我们刚开始 | 
| [31:33] | Mr. Sloan is offering us | Sloan先生开出的条件是 | 
| [31:35] | the grand sum of $20,000. | 2万美元的巨款 | 
| [31:38] | our insurance company | 我们的保险公司 | 
| [31:39] | is tightening up on nuisance claims. | 正在收紧对妨害索赔的理赔 | 
| [31:41] | Nuisance? Claire, – Claire | – 妨害索赔? | 
| [31:43] | that girl is disabled for life. | 那个女孩终身残疾 | 
| [31:45] | This is hardly a nuisance claim. | 这可不是妨害索赔 | 
| [31:47] | Come on. Post-accident tests | 拉倒吧,事故后试验 | 
| [31:48] | showed a minimal fissure. | 只表明很轻微的裂痕 | 
| [31:50] | The railing broke. | 可护栏是断了 | 
| [31:51] | Because she jumped on to it. | 那是因为她跳上去了 | 
| [31:52] | She weighs 70 pounds. | 她体重才七十磅 | 
| [31:54] | SLOAN: Look, there’s no negligence, | 听我说,这不存在疏忽问题 | 
| [31:57] | and if we go to trial, | 如果我们上庭审理 | 
| [31:58] | you’re looking at three years | 在第一个证人出庭之前 | 
| [31:59] | before the first witness is even sworn in. | 你得耗上三年时间 | 
| [32:02] | Now, I’m sure your client | 我相信你的当事人 | 
| [32:03] | could use that 20,000. | 需要用那两万元 | 
| [32:04] | My suspicion is it would come in | 我猜当下那是可解燃眉之急的 | 
| [32:06] | very handy right now. | 我猜当下那是可解燃眉之急的 | 
| [32:08] | You have an obligation | 你有义把这个提议 | 
| [32:09] | to take the offer to your client. | 转达给你的当事人 | 
| [32:13] | Could you take this to your client? | 你可以把这个转达给你的当事人吗? | 
| [32:17] | SLOAN: What is it? CLAIRE: | 这是什么? | 
| [32:18] | An amendment to our document production request. | 一份要求你方出示文件的修改版 | 
| [32:21] | We want your HUD financial records. | 我们想要你们与住房与城市发展部有关的财务记录 | 
| [32:23] | I already got the loan application | 根据信息自由法案 | 
| [32:25] | under the Freedom of Information Act. | 我已经拿到你们的贷款申请了 | 
| [32:28] | Your client made representations | 你的当事人表示 | 
| [32:30] | about upgrading and renovating | 要对白橡树小区 | 
| [32:32] | White Oaks Property. | 进行升级和翻新 | 
| [32:33] | They got $4,000,000 in fact, | 他们实际上得到了四百万美元 | 
| [32:36] | which is interesting because | 但有趣的是 | 
| [32:37] | according to your own interrogatory responses, | 根据你自己对质询作出的回应 | 
| [32:40] | there have been no renovations | 自从你们收到了住房与城市发展部的资金后 | 
| [32:42] | since you received the HUD funding. | 并没有进行过翻修 | 
| [32:44] | You stated that there are currently | 你说现在没有改建的计划 | 
| [32:45] | no plans for remodeling. | 你说现在没有改建的计划 | 
| [32:48] | That might qualify your client | 那可能会使你的当事人 | 
| [32:50] | for fraud, Mr. Sloan. | 符合欺诈的罪名,Sloan先生 | 
| [32:52] | I think you’re reaching, counsel. | 我认为你过于牵强了,律师 | 
| [32:54] | CLAIRE: I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 | 
| [32:56] | You received money earmarked for repairs. | 你们拿到了修理费 | 
| [32:58] | Had you done those repairs, | 如果你进行了这些修理工作 | 
| [33:00] | the faulty railing would have been discovered. | 有毛病的栏杆早就被发现了 | 
| [33:02] | If you’ve not done them, | 如果你们没做过 | 
| [33:05] | brings me back to fraud. | 那我就转而说你们欺诈 | 
| [33:06] | SLOAN: You don’t know what that money was spent on. | 你不知道那笔钱花在什么上了 | 
| [33:08] | Now, I don’t think– This is my motion | – 我现在不认为。。。 – 这是我提的一份动议 | 
| [33:10] | for a court-enforced audit. | 要求法院强制审计 | 
| [33:12] | Then we’ll know what the money was spent on | 然后我们就知道钱花在什么上了 | 
| [33:15] | or not spent on. | 或者没花在什么上 | 
| [33:16] | I certainly hope your client | 我自然是希望你的当事人 | 
| [33:18] | didn’t take a low road, Mr. Sloan. | 没走上歧路,Sloan先生 | 
| [33:21] | There’s still an opportunity | 现在还有机会 | 
| [33:22] | to choose a high one. | 选择一条正道走 | 
| [33:24] | I would encourage you | 我要督促你 | 
| [33:25] | to encourage your client | 去督促你的当事人 | 
| [33:27] | to reconsider, | 慎重考虑 | 
| [33:29] | not to avoid an audit, | 不是为了避免审计 | 
| [33:31] | not to avoid liability for fraud, | 不是为了逃避欺诈的责任 | 
| [33:34] | but to compensate a 10-year-old girl | 而是为了给一个 | 
| [33:36] | who will never be a cheerleader, | 永远也不会成为啦啦队长 | 
| [33:38] | who will never get to dance | 永远也不能在毕业舞会上跳舞 | 
| [33:39] | at her senior prom, | 的十岁女孩以补偿 | 
| [33:41] | and who won’t walk down the aisle | 她不能在自己的婚礼上走过红地毯 | 
| [33:42] | at her own wedding. | 她不能在自己的婚礼上走过红地毯 | 
| [33:45] | She won’t walk through many of life’s moments | 她不能体验她人生中的很多重要时刻 | 
| [33:47] | because I suspect your client got greedy. | 因为我怀疑你的当事人贪得无厌 | 
| [33:50] | I would encourage you to talk to your client | 我要敦促你和你的客户好好谈谈 | 
| [33:53] | because it’s the right thing to do. | 因为那样是正确的做法 | 
| [34:00] | This was murder. | 这是谋杀 | 
| [34:03] | A woman in a lousy marriage | 一个处在恶劣婚姻状态中的女人 | 
| [34:05] | fires six shots point-blank. | 近距离连开六枪 | 
| [34:12] | That’s not defense. | 那不是防卫 | 
| [34:16] | No evidence | 没有证据表明 | 
| [34:17] | of any shouting or fighting | 在枪击前 | 
| [34:18] | preceding the shooting. | 有过叫喊和争吵 | 
| [34:20] | It just so happens | 碰巧发生在 | 
| [34:21] | the defendant visited | 被告去拜访 | 
| [34:22] | a divorce attorney | 一位离婚律师 | 
| [34:23] | one month before. | 的一个月后 | 
| [34:25] | She explored getting out of this marriage one way, | 她探求通过一种方式摆脱这段婚姻 | 
| [34:28] | she chose another. | 而她选择了另一种 | 
| [34:30] | And as for this theory, | 至于说到 | 
| [34:32] | she was defending the life | 她是捍卫她未出生的孩子的生命 | 
| [34:33] | of her unborn child. | 她是捍卫她未出生的孩子的生命 | 
| [34:34] | This fetus was eight weeks old. | 这个胎儿当时八周大 | 
| [34:37] | She previously aborted a 17-week fetus. | 可她之前打掉了一个十七周的胎儿 | 
| [34:40] | So let’s not pretend | 所以我们不要装着以为 | 
| [34:42] | that she considered it a person, | 她是将其视为生命的 | 
| [34:43] | and even if she did, | 即使她是那么想的 | 
| [34:45] | the law doesn’t. | 法律也不认可 | 
| [34:48] | A nonviable fetus is not a person. | 不可独立存活的胎儿不算是一个人 | 
| [34:50] | That’s what the Supreme Court has said. | 最高法院就是这么认定的 | 
| [34:52] | Now, she wants to say, | 现在,她想说 | 
| [34:54] | “Hey, as far as she’s concerned, it’s a human being.” | “嘿,就她来看,这算是人了” | 
| [34:56] | Well, that is exactly the rationale | 这正是那些在堕胎诊所 | 
| [34:59] | employed by people who shoot doctors | 向医生开枪的人 | 
| [35:01] | at abortion clinics. | 所采用的理由 | 
| [35:03] | They’re just protecting | 他们只是在保护 | 
| [35:04] | the lives of the unborn. | 那些胎儿的生命 | 
| [35:06] | Well, we don’t let those murderers | 我们不让那些杀人犯 | 
| [35:08] | get away with it, | 逃脱罪责 | 
| [35:09] | and we can’t let this one. | 这一次也不行 | 
| [35:12] | And finally… | 最后。。。 | 
| [35:15] | even should you choose | 即使你们选择 | 
| [35:17] | to ignore the law, | 无视法律 | 
| [35:18] | defy the Supreme Court, | 藐视最高法院的裁决 | 
| [35:20] | and find this fetus to be a person, | 认定这个胎儿算是一个人 | 
| [35:22] | thereby affording Mrs. Neilson | 从而使Neilson夫人 | 
| [35:24] | her novel defense, | 独特的辩护理由 | 
| [35:26] | her use of force | 和使用武力 | 
| [35:28] | has to be reasonable. | 成为合理的 | 
| [35:30] | It cannot be excessive. | 不能太过分了 | 
| [35:34] | The victim here was unarmed. | 本案的受害者没有武器 | 
| [35:36] | One shot was arguably excessive. | 开一枪按理说都是过分了 | 
| [35:39] | She fired six, | 她开了六枪 | 
| [35:41] | five after he lay on the floor. | 有五枪是在他躺在地板上之后 | 
| [35:46] | You see this man here? | 你看到这个人了吗? | 
| [35:48] | He was very much a person. | 他是一个真实的人 | 
| [35:51] | This was a human being | 这是一个人呀 | 
| [35:55] | shot six times, | 中了六枪 | 
| [35:57] | point blank. | 近距离的 | 
| [36:03] | She fired the one shot | 她开了第一枪 | 
| [36:04] | and impulsively kept squeezing. | 然后冲动地不断射击 | 
| [36:06] | In her own testimony, | 在她自己的证词中 | 
| [36:08] | she said her fingers convulsed on the trigger. | 她说她的手指在扳机上抽搐 | 
| [36:11] | That testimony was not refuted. | 那个证词没有遭到反驳 | 
| [36:14] | As for her consulting with a divorce lawyer, | 至于她咨询离婚律师 | 
| [36:16] | that didn’t just so happen. | 那不是凑巧发生的事 | 
| [36:17] | Of course, she thought about divorce. | 她当然会考虑离婚的 | 
| [36:19] | The man was beating her, | 这个男人在打她 | 
| [36:21] | punching her in the stomach. | 用拳头打她的肚子 | 
| [36:22] | She was pregnant, | 而她怀孕了 | 
| [36:23] | and talk to any pregnant woman. | 问问任何一个怀孕的女人 | 
| [36:24] | They don’t point to their stomach and say “the thing” | 她们不会指着自己的肚子说“这个东西” | 
| [36:27] | or “the fetus.” | 或者“胎儿” | 
| [36:29] | They call it “the baby” | 她们会称之为“宝宝” | 
| [36:31] | so don’t tell me that for any woman | 所以别跟我说什么 | 
| [36:33] | who’s been pregnant | 对于所有怀孕的妇女来说 | 
| [36:34] | that there isn’t a life in play. | 那不算是一个生命 | 
| [36:36] | This country | 这个国家 | 
| [36:37] | spends millions of dollars educating people | 花费数百万美元教育人们 | 
| [36:39] | on the importance of prenatal care | 关于产前护理的重要性 | 
| [36:41] | because we recognize that life, | 因为我们认可那是生命 | 
| [36:44] | because parenting starts with pregnancy, | 因为育儿始于怀孕 | 
| [36:47] | because the essence of parenting | 因为父母的天性 | 
| [36:49] | is protecting the child, | 是保护孩子 | 
| [36:50] | and that starts in the womb. | 从子宫阶段就开始了。 | 
| [36:53] | She didn’t have to consult with the Supreme Court | 她不必与最高法院协商 | 
| [36:55] | to know that she had a child living inside her. | 就知道有个孩子生活在她的肚子里 | 
| [36:58] | Carrie Neilson | |
| [36:59] | was protecting her child | 在保护她的孩子 | 
| [37:02] | and in case you didn’t know, | 难道你们不知道吗 | 
| [37:04] | if the victim | 如果受害人 | 
| [37:05] | had killed that child | 一拳打死了那个孩子 | 
| [37:07] | with one of his punches, | 一拳打死了那个孩子 | 
| [37:08] | the state legally could | 依照州法律 | 
| [37:10] | and would have charged him with murder. | 能够且将会以谋杀罪名起诉他 | 
| [37:13] | See, we prosecute those who kill nonviable fetuses | 要知道,除非是合法堕胎,否则我们会起诉 | 
| [37:16] | unless it’s by a legal abortion. | 那些杀死不能独立存活的胎儿的人 | 
| [37:19] | So it’s disingenuous | 所以检方对你们的 | 
| [37:20] | for the state to be saying to you, | 如下说法是不诚实的: | 
| [37:22] | “Hey, there is no life.” | “嘿,不存在生命” | 
| [37:27] | There was a life | 那是一条生命 | 
| [37:29] | and my client did what she had to, | 我的当事人做了她必须做的事 | 
| [37:32] | to save it. | 拯救生命 | 
| [37:44] | members of the jury, | 陪审团成员们 | 
| [37:46] | I am now going to give you a set of instructions | 在你们回去商议前 | 
| [37:48] | before I send you back to deliberate. | 我要给你们一系列指示意见 | 
| [37:51] | The most important one, | 最重要的一点 | 
| [37:52] | I’m going to say first and last | 我要着重强调 | 
| [37:54] | because you really need to heed it. | 因为你们必须要仔细听好 | 
| [37:58] | For the purpose of this trial, | 针对本案的审理 | 
| [38:01] | you are to consider | 你们要将胎儿 | 
| [38:03] | the fetus a human being. | 视为一个人 | 
| [38:06] | That means the defendant is entitled | 那意味着被告是有权 | 
| [38:08] | to use force to defend it. | 使用武力去保护的 | 
| [38:14] | That was good, right? | 这很不错,对吧? | 
| [38:15] | That’s the exact instruction we wanted. | 这正是我们想要的法官指示 | 
| [38:17] | YOUNG: But they still have to find | 但陪审团还是必须找到 | 
| [38:18] | the force was reasonable, | 使用武力的合理性 | 
| [38:19] | and six shots is six shots. | 六枪就是六枪 | 
| [38:21] | They also might not be convinced on your motive. | 他们也可能不相信你的动机 | 
| [38:23] | Well, how long before–ah! | 那么,要多久。。。哎呀! | 
| [38:25] | You okay? | 你还好吗? | 
| [38:26] | I was contracting all through the closings. | 我在整个结案陈词阶段都在宫缩 | 
| [38:29] | I could be in labor. | 我可能要生了 | 
| [38:30] | Well, let’s get you to a hospital then. | 好吧,那我们送你去医院吧 | 
| [38:33] | Don’t I have to be here? | 我不是非得在这里吗? | 
| [38:34] | No, not for the reading of the verdict. | 不,宣读判决时不用的 | 
| [38:35] | Carrie, why take the risk? | Carrie,何必冒险呢? | 
| [38:36] | Okay. | 那好 | 
| [38:40] | YOUNG: Guard? | 警卫呢? | 
| [38:42] | How much more? | 会多多少? | 
| [38:44] | We don’t know. | 我们不知道 | 
| [38:45] | Mr. Sloan says it’s a package | Sloan先生说是一个 | 
| [38:46] | we’ll be happy with. | 会让我们满意的一揽子协议 | 
| [38:48] | So it sounds encouraging. | 所以那听起来很让人兴奋 | 
| [38:49] | So this is good news. | 所以这是个好消息了 | 
| [38:51] | BERLUTI: It’s very good news. | 是非常好的消息 | 
| [38:53] | We gave them two days. | 我们给了他们两天时间 | 
| [38:55] | We’ll let you know as soon as the offer comes in. | 报价一出来我们就通知你 | 
| [38:57] | Okay. | 那好 | 
| [38:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [39:01] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢你 | 
| [39:06] | I’m gonna go tell Virginia. | 我要去告诉Virginia | 
| [39:07] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [39:18] | Wow, huh? | 哇呜,是吧? | 
| [39:19] | I didn’t appreciate you springing that stuff | 我不喜欢你在会议上冷不防地 | 
| [39:22] | in the conference. | 把那东西抛出来 | 
| [39:23] | I didn’t plan that. | 不是我计划的 | 
| [39:25] | I meant to tell you before, | 我本想先跟你说的 | 
| [39:26] | but I overslept, | 但我睡过头了 | 
| [39:28] | and then things looked like they were going south. | 然后看起来咱们的情况不妙了 | 
| [39:30] | You don’t need to apologize. | 你不需要道歉 | 
| [39:34] | Good work, Claire. | 干得漂亮,Claire | 
| [39:37] | The idea of going to HUD, | 追查住房与城市发展部的想法 | 
| [39:38] | the legwork, | 不怕辛苦 | 
| [39:40] | getting ahold of those documents | 收集到那些文件 | 
| [39:43] | that was something. | 那真是太棒了 | 
| [39:46] | It’s called zeal. | 这就叫热情 | 
| [39:49] | You’re a fine, young lawyer, | 你是个很棒的年轻律师 | 
| [39:51] | and, well, excellent job. | 还有,干得真棒 | 
| [39:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [40:13] | How long ago? | 多久以前? | 
| [40:14] | Jamie– | |
| [40:16] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢你 | 
| [40:19] | She’s in full labor. | 她正在分娩 | 
| [40:21] | KITTLESON: Members of the jury, | 陪审团成员们 | 
| [40:22] | have you reached a verdict? | 你们有裁决了吗? | 
| [40:24] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人 | 
| [40:26] | KITTLESON: What say you? | 请宣布 | 
| [40:27] | FOREPERSON: On the matter of the Commonwealth | 关于马萨诸塞州 | 
| [40:28] | versus Carrie Neilson | 诉Carrie Neilson | 
| [40:30] | on the charge of murder in the first-degree, | 一级谋杀罪一案 | 
| [40:32] | we find the defendant, | 我们裁定被告 | 
| [40:34] | not guilty. | 罪名不成立 | 
| [40:35] | On the charge of murder in the second-degree, | 关于二级谋杀罪名 | 
| [40:38] | we find the defendant, | 我们裁定被告 | 
| [40:40] | not guilty. | 罪名不成立 | 
| [40:42] | KITTLESON: This concludes the jury’s service. | 你们尽到了你们的义务 | 
| [40:43] | You are dismissed with the court’s thanks. | 你们可以解散了,法庭感谢你们 | 
| [40:46] | We are adjourned. | 休庭 | 
| [40:56] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 | 
| [41:01] | You too. | 也祝贺你 | 
| [41:03] | Let’s go tell Carrie. | 我们去告诉Carrie吧 | 
| [41:15] | Seven pounds, ten ounces. | 七磅十盎司 | 
| [41:17] | Everybody’s healthy? | 母子都好吧? | 
| [41:18] | NURSE: Mother and son are doing fine. | 母子都平安 | 
| [41:20] | The doctor will be out in a second | 医生一会儿就出来了 | 
| [41:21] | and she said you could go in. | 她说你们可以进去的 | 
| [41:22] | You told her she was acquitted? | 你跟她说了她被无罪开释了? | 
| [41:24] | NURSE: I did. She’s ecstatic. | 我说了,她高兴坏了 | 
| [41:25] | It’ll just be a second. | 就再过一小会儿 | 
| [41:28] | Good day, I guess. Yup. | – 我想今天是个好日子 – 没错 | 
| [41:33] | I loved your closing, by the way. | 顺便说一下,我喜欢你的结案陈词 | 
| [41:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [41:39] | Listen, | 听我说 | 
| [41:41] | if you still feel like getting dinner | 如果你晚些时候还 | 
| [41:43] | sometime later– | 想吃晚饭。。。 | 
| [41:47] | That’d be great. | 那太好了 | 
| [41:50] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [41:56] | You can go in. YOUNG: Thank you. | – 你们可以进去了 – 谢谢 | 
| [42:24] | Now I see why she wanted the trial | 现在我明白了为什么她要 | 
| [42:26] | before she delivered. | 赶在分娩之前出庭了 | 
| [42:36] | It might not mean anything. | 这可能说明不了什么 | 
| [42:39] | Nope. | 不 | 
| [42:41] | Might not. | 也许不吧 |