时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | When are you coming home, daddy? | 你什么时候回家,爸爸? |
[00:04] | Very soon, sweetie. | 很快的,宝贝 |
[00:07] | Very soon, okay? | 很快,好吗? |
[00:10] | Very soon. | 很快 |
[00:12] | Okay, daddy has to have a meeting now, okay? | 好了,爸爸现在要开会了,好吗? |
[00:15] | All right. Kiss your mommy. | 好吧。亲亲你妈妈 |
[00:17] | I’ll be right out, sweetheart. | 我马上出去,宝贝 |
[00:19] | Anna. | |
[00:20] | Come on now. | 来吧 |
[00:28] | Eight years. | 八年 |
[00:31] | Eight years? | 八年? |
[00:32] | BERLUTI: Out in five with good behavior. | 行为良好的话,五年就出去了 |
[00:35] | Personally, I think it’s a decent offer. | 我个人认为,这是一个不错的提议 |
[00:37] | MARCIE: Decent? | 不错? |
[00:39] | It’s decent for innocent people | 对于一个无辜的人认下谋杀罪 |
[00:41] | to plead guilty to murder? | 是不错的吗? |
[00:42] | Marcie… | |
[00:43] | what would be indecent | 有失体统的是 |
[00:45] | is for your husband to serve a life sentence. | 给你丈夫判终身监禁 |
[00:47] | They don’t even have a body. | 他们甚至都没找到尸体 |
[00:49] | How can they possibly prove that he– | 他们如何能证明他。。。 |
[00:51] | BERLUTI: They got a witness. | 他们有证人 |
[00:52] | They got forensics. | 有法医 |
[00:54] | And let’s not kid ourselves. | 别自欺欺人了 |
[00:55] | Tom going on the lam– | Tom在逃走。。。 |
[00:57] | TOM: Because I knew | 那是因为我知道 |
[00:58] | that they would jump to the conclusion | 他们会马上得出结论 |
[00:59] | that I did it, Jimmy. | 是我干的,Jimmy |
[01:00] | Whatever the reason you ran, Tom | 不管是什么原因,你逃走了,Tom |
[01:03] | You lived under a false name for almost 10 years. | 你用假名生活了将近10年 |
[01:07] | WASHINGTON: Look… | 听我说。。。 |
[01:09] | it’s your life, it’s obviously your call. | 这是你的人生,当然是由你来决定 |
[01:12] | But given the risk, | 但考虑到风险 |
[01:14] | we think you have to consider the eight years. | 我们认为你必须要考虑接受八年刑期 |
[01:16] | In which case? | 如果那样的话? |
[01:19] | By the time I get out, my daughter’s 12. | 我出来的时候,我女儿就12岁了 |
[01:21] | And in the meantime, she grows up thinking | 她长大的同时,要想着他的爸爸是个凶手 |
[01:23] | her dad’s a killer. | 她长大的同时,要想着他的爸爸是个凶手 |
[01:25] | I will not let that happen. | 我不会答应的 |
[01:29] | If we lose, | 如果我们输了 |
[01:30] | your daughter grows up without a dad forever. | 你女儿永远也不会有爸爸带着长大 |
[01:35] | I am rejecting the offer. | 我拒绝这个提议 |
[01:41] | They turned it down? | 他们拒绝了? |
[01:43] | I just got the call. | 我刚接到电话 |
[01:44] | Well, I’d go back with five. | 算了,我会让步到五年刑期的 |
[01:46] | For a first degree murder? | 对于一起一级谋杀罪? |
[01:48] | Ken, you’ve got no body. | Ken,你没有找到尸体 |
[01:50] | We’ve won with no bodies before. | 我们以前没有尸体也赢过 |
[01:52] | GAMBLE: Look at me. | 看着我 |
[01:53] | Please do not let your competitive bile | 请不要让你那争强好胜的义愤 |
[01:56] | suck out what little remains of your judgment. | 把你所剩无几的判断力抽干了 |
[01:59] | That’s not encouragement, Helen. | 这可不是鼓励呀,Helen |
[02:01] | I thought we agreed to be encouraging | 我以为我们都同意 |
[02:03] | with one another. | 互相鼓励的 |
[02:04] | I’m encouraging you to plead this one out. | 我要鼓励你去达成认罪协议 |
[02:07] | I am not going to let a premeditated murderer | 我不打算让一个有预谋的杀人犯 |
[02:11] | get off with five years. | 只服刑五年 |
[02:12] | That goes against my conscience, | 这违背了我的良心 |
[02:13] | not to mention my bile. | 更不用说我的义愤了 |
[02:20] | Did he say what this was about? Not to me. | – 他说这是讨论什么事了吗? – 没跟我说过 |
[02:23] | WASHINGTON: He’s been such a whackadoo these days, | 他这些天真是个怪人 |
[02:24] | it could be about anything. | 谈论什么事都有可能 |
[02:25] | LUCY: Well, it must be big. | 一定是件大事 |
[02:27] | He wanted me here. | 他要我参加 |
[02:28] | I’m never included in anything. | 我从来没有参与过任何事情 |
[02:29] | BERLUTI: Well, he better get here fast. | 总之,他最好快点来吧 |
[02:31] | We’re in trial. | 我们要出庭 |
[02:32] | Maybe he and Lindsay are getting back together. | 也许他和Lindsay复合了 |
[02:34] | Why would he have a meeting to say that? | 他为什么要开会说这事呢? |
[02:36] | Because he’s such a whackadoo? | 因为他是个怪人? |
[02:38] | FRUTT: Jamie, your attitude has taken a little dip lately. | Jamie,你最近状态有点低落 |
[02:41] | Have you noticed that? | 你自己知道吗? |
[02:42] | DONNELL: Sorry I’m late. | 对不起来晚了 |
[02:43] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你们都来了 |
[02:45] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了? |
[02:48] | I’ve decided to resign. | 我决定辞职 |
[02:52] | I’ll be leaving the firm pretty much immediately. | 我马上就要离开公司了 |
[02:55] | Eugene, you’ll take over as senior partner. | Eugene,你将接任高级合伙人 |
[02:59] | I know this comes as a shock, | 我知道这让人很震惊 |
[03:01] | but it’s just something I feel | 我只是觉得 |
[03:03] | I have to do. | 我必须这么做 |
[03:05] | I’ll be here for the next few days | 接下来几天我会在这里 |
[03:06] | to work out logistics, | 解决协调问题 |
[03:08] | so we don’t have to say our goodbyes yet. | 所以我们还不必道别 |
[03:14] | That’s all. | 就这样吧 |
[03:31] | What was that? | 这算什么? |
[03:33] | It’s a long story, Eugene. | 说来话长了,Eugene |
[03:39] | I got time. | 我有时间 |
[03:40] | First, let’s deal with what– | 首先,让我们来处理。。。 |
[03:42] | YOUNG: First, let’s deal with why. | 首先,说说原因吧 |
[03:46] | I’m just not happy here anymore, Eugene. | Eugene,我就是在这里不再开心了 |
[03:48] | Fine. Why? | 好吧,为什么? |
[03:51] | It’s nothing personal against any of you. | 这不是针对你们任何个人的 |
[03:53] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[03:55] | What is it then? | 然后呢? |
[03:55] | It’s just personal stuff. | 只是我自己的事 |
[03:57] | Can we leave it at that? | 我们就说到这儿吧? |
[03:58] | No, we can’t, Bobby. | 不,不能,Bobby |
[04:00] | You see, you and I, we are personal. | 你明白,你和我,我们有私人关系 |
[04:02] | We’ve always put it out there, | 我们一直是无所不谈的 |
[04:04] | and for something like this– | 对于这样的事。。。 |
[04:05] | DONNELL: I’m not… | 我也。。。 |
[04:06] | exactly sure of the why. | 说不清是什么原因 |
[04:10] | It probably has something to do with me and Lindsay, | 可能跟我和Lindsay的事有关 |
[04:12] | but… | 但是。。。 |
[04:15] | it’s more than that. | 不止如此 |
[04:17] | And I feel like… | 我觉得。。。 |
[04:19] | I’ve hit a wall here. | 我觉得我遇到瓶颈了 |
[04:23] | And I feel like I’m gonna crash. | 我觉得我要崩溃了 |
[04:27] | And I just need to leave | 我只想在我废了之前 |
[04:29] | before I become wreckage. | 离开这里 |
[04:34] | You owe us an explanation, Bobby. | 你应该给我们一个解释,Bobby |
[04:37] | I just– YOUNG: And I don’t mean | – 我只是。。。 – 我不是指 |
[04:38] | all of the cliches you’ve just spewed out. | 你刚才扯的那些陈词滥调 |
[04:44] | You owe us a reason. | 你欠我们一个理由 |
[04:50] | WALSH: Her name was Rachel Rosenblum. | 她叫Rachel Rosenblum |
[04:54] | She disappeared 10 years ago. | 她十年前失踪了 |
[04:56] | She was 25 years old. | 她那时25岁 |
[04:58] | They found her blood soaking the rug | 警方发现她的血浸透了她客厅的地毯 |
[05:01] | in her living room, | 警方发现她的血浸透了她客厅的地毯 |
[05:02] | but they never found her body. | 但一直没发现她的尸体 |
[05:04] | Now, before you start feeling too sorry for her, | 现在,在你开始为她感到难过之前 |
[05:07] | let me tell you, | 让我告诉你 |
[05:08] | Rachel Rosenblum was a murderer herself. | Rachel Rosenblum本人就是个杀人犯 |
[05:11] | She killed her husband, | 她杀了她的丈夫 |
[05:14] | who just so happened to be the defendant’s brother. | 恰巧是被告的哥哥 |
[05:17] | And the defendant, | 而被告 |
[05:20] | as the evidence will show, | 如证据将要显示的 |
[05:21] | he decided to take the law into his own hands. | 决定自己来执行法律 |
[05:25] | Before the jury could ever return a verdict | 在陪审团对Rachel Rosenblum一案 |
[05:27] | in Rachel Rosenblum’s trial, | 作出判决前 |
[05:30] | Tom Bartos killed her, | Tom Bartos杀了她 |
[05:33] | then dumped her body in the Atlantic Ocean. | 然后把她的尸体扔进大西洋 |
[05:39] | They’ve got no evidence that shows that. | 他们没有证据表明这一点 |
[05:42] | They can’t even prove she’s dead. | 他们甚至不能证明她死了 |
[05:45] | Basically… | 根本上。。。 |
[05:46] | all they have is the likelihood | 检方所掌握的是 |
[05:48] | that Rachel Rosenblum was killed | Rachel Rosenblum在对她的审判期间 |
[05:51] | during her own murder trial. | 可能被杀了 |
[05:52] | And they figure my guy had motive, | 他们认为我的当事人有动机 |
[05:54] | so he must’ve done it. | 所以就一定是他干的 |
[05:57] | Well, he didn’t do it. | 然而,不是他干的 |
[05:59] | Talk about rush to judgment. | 这真是急不可耐呀 |
[06:01] | Here, they can’t even wait | 他们甚至都不能等到 |
[06:03] | to make sure she’s dead. | 确认她确实死了 |
[06:07] | SIMONS: He became a fugitive in October 1992, | 他在1992年10月成为一名逃犯 |
[06:10] | when we were about to arrest him for the murder | 当时我们准备以谋杀他的嫂子 |
[06:12] | of his sister-in-law, Rachel Rosenblum. | Rachel Rosenblum的罪名逮捕他 |
[06:14] | Detective, why was he under suspicion for this murder? | 警探,为什么怀疑他是凶手? |
[06:17] | Rachel was married to his brother, Adrian Bartos, | Rachel和他的哥哥Adrian Bartos结了婚 |
[06:20] | who she stabbed to death in the summer of 1992. | 她在1992年夏天捅死了他的哥哥 |
[06:24] | What led you to believe | 是什么致使你们确信 |
[06:26] | Ms. Rosenblum herself had been killed? | Rosenblum女士自己也被杀了? |
[06:28] | She was out on bail. | 她是被保释出来的 |
[06:30] | The jury was deliberating over the weekend | 陪审团在周末审议 |
[06:32] | and she didn’t show up for the verdict, | 但她没出现在法庭上 |
[06:34] | which was a conviction, by the way. | 顺便提一下,她被判罪名成立了 |
[06:36] | Did you look for her? | 你们寻找她了吗? |
[06:37] | SIMONS: We went to her house. | 我们去了她家 |
[06:39] | There were signs of a break-in | 有闯入的迹象 |
[06:40] | and there were enormous amounts of her blood | 在她的客厅地毯上 |
[06:42] | in her living room rug. | 有大量的血液 |
[06:43] | We found one of her teeth under the couch, | 我们在沙发底下发现了她的一颗牙齿 |
[06:46] | and there were bloody drag marks | 还有浴室的浴缸里拖拽的血迹 |
[06:48] | into the bathroom tub. | 还有浴室的浴缸里拖拽的血迹 |
[06:50] | We believe her killer cut her body up there | 我们相信凶手在那里把她分尸了 |
[06:53] | so he could carry it out of her house easier. | 这样他就可以更容易地把尸体搬走 |
[06:56] | Some of her luggage was missing | 她的一些行李箱不见了 |
[06:57] | and we assume it was used to get rid of the body parts. | 我们推断是用来去带走尸体碎块的 |
[07:01] | Well, come on, now. | 可是,现在想想看 |
[07:03] | This woman was on trial for murder | 这个女人因谋杀罪受审 |
[07:05] | and facing a conviction. | 并面临被判罪名成立 |
[07:06] | Maybe she faked her death in order to escape prison. | 也许她是为了逃避坐牢而造成死亡的假象 |
[07:09] | We certainly considered that. | 我们当然是考虑过这一点的 |
[07:11] | But… | 但是。。。 |
[07:13] | Rachel Rosenblum weighed about a hundred and thirty pounds. | Rachel Rosenblum大约有一百三十磅重 |
[07:16] | She’d have had about 3,500 cubic centimeters | 她体内的血液大概是 |
[07:18] | of blood in her body. | 3500立方厘米 |
[07:20] | By weighing the rug, | 通过对地毯的称重 |
[07:22] | we found that she lost at least 1,700 ccs, | 我们发现她至少损失了1700立方厘米的血液 |
[07:25] | almost half her blood. | 几乎是她体内一半的血液 |
[07:27] | And that’s not even accounting for evaporation. | 这甚至都没算上蒸发的部分 |
[07:30] | It’s almost impossible to believe | 几乎无法相信 |
[07:32] | she could survive that. | 她还能活着 |
[07:33] | And why did you suspect the defendant was involved? | 你为什么怀疑被告牵涉其中? |
[07:37] | First of all, motive. | 首先,动机 |
[07:39] | She killed his brother. | 她杀了他的哥哥 |
[07:42] | During the trial, | 在庭审期间 |
[07:43] | he was extremely worried that she’d be acquitted. | 他非常担心她会被无罪释放 |
[07:45] | WALSH: What else? | 还有什么? |
[07:47] | SIMONS: Forensic evidence. | 法医证据 |
[07:49] | We found hairs on her living room floor | 我们在她的客厅地板上发现了 |
[07:51] | soaked in Rachel’s blood. | 浸在Rachel血里的毛发 |
[07:53] | Recent DNA testing show them to be the defendant’s. | 最近的DNA测试显示那些是被告的 |
[07:57] | BERLUTI: This hair you found, | 你们发现的这些毛发 |
[07:59] | Tom used to spend lots of time in that house. | Tom过去常在那所房子里呆很长时间 |
[08:02] | It was his brother’s house. | 那是他哥哥的家呀 |
[08:04] | By his own statement, he hadn’t been there in months. | 根据他自己的说法,他已经好几个月没去过那里了 |
[08:07] | And the house was regularly cleaned. | 而房子是定期打扫的 |
[08:09] | Can you positively determine | 你能肯定地判断出 |
[08:11] | when that hair got into the rug? | 头发是什么时候掉到地毯上的吗? |
[08:13] | No. | 不能 |
[08:14] | BERLUTI: In fact, | 实际上 |
[08:14] | it could’ve been there | 在Rachel失踪几年之前 |
[08:15] | for years before Rachel disappeared. | 那些毛发就可能在那里了 |
[08:18] | Unlikely. | 极不可能 |
[08:19] | BERLUTI: And, detective, police records show | 还有,警探,警方记录显示 |
[08:22] | a series of break-ins in Rachel’s neighborhood | 在Rachel被杀的那段时间,她家所在社区 |
[08:24] | around the time of her killing. | 发生了一系列非法闯入事件 |
[08:26] | None of which led to anyone being killed. | 这些都没有导致命案 |
[08:28] | Can you positively rule out | 你能绝对排除 |
[08:30] | she could have been killed by a burglar? | 她被窃贼杀死的可能性吗? |
[08:32] | It can’t be positively ruled out, but the likelihood– | 不能绝对排除,但是这种可能性。。。 |
[08:35] | BERLUTI: Rachel knew she could go away | Rachel知道自己可能 |
[08:36] | for up to 20 years, correct? | 会被判20年监禁,对吧? |
[08:38] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[08:39] | BERLUTI: So, she had a huge motive | 所以,她有极大的动机 |
[08:41] | to fake her own death | 伪造自己的死亡 |
[08:43] | to keep from going to jail, didn’t she? | 以躲避牢狱之灾,不是吗? |
[08:46] | Is it possible she could bleed herself practically dry | 她有没有可能使自己失血过多 |
[08:49] | and rip out one of her own teeth? | 并搞掉自己的一颗牙下来? |
[08:52] | Anything’s possible. | 一切皆有可能 |
[08:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[08:56] | No further questions. | 没有要问的了 |
[09:14] | Are you going to stew all night? | 你要心烦一晚上吗? |
[09:16] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[09:19] | I’m entitled. | 我有理由 |
[09:26] | Could I be a dumb blonde for a second | 能不能暂且就当我是个金发笨女郎 |
[09:28] | and give my unsolicited opinion? | 自发提出我的看法? |
[09:32] | Rather than sit there feeling betrayed, | 与其坐在那里感到被背弃了 |
[09:35] | you could look at it and say, | 不如干脆就说 |
[09:37] | “Gee, wow. Bobby picked me as senior partner. | “哟,哇呜,Bobby选我做高级合伙人了 |
[09:40] | What an honor.” | 很荣幸呀” |
[09:41] | I don’t look at it like that. | 我不是那样想的 |
[09:45] | Or, you could say, | 或者,你可以说 |
[09:48] | “Gee… this firm has been struggling a little. | “哟。。。这家公司是有点困难 |
[09:52] | New direction may be in order.” | 换个新方向也许是应当的” |
[09:54] | Don’t look at it like that either. | 我也不是那样想的 |
[09:56] | Or, you could say, | 再或者,你可以说 |
[09:59] | “Gee, my friend | “哟,我的朋友 |
[10:02] | must really be struggling. | 一定是难以为继了 |
[10:04] | And instead of feeling betrayed, | 也许我应该集中精力帮助他 |
[10:06] | maybe I should focus on helping him.” | 而不是感到遭到背弃” |
[10:13] | Failing all of the above, | 如果以上都不对 |
[10:15] | you could say, | 你还可以说 |
[10:17] | “Gee, everything she says is so dumb. | “哟,她说的每一句话都那么愚蠢 |
[10:20] | I’m having dinner with a beautiful, | 我正和一个漂亮而愚蠢的金发女郎女共进晚餐 |
[10:23] | dumb blonde. | 我正和一个漂亮而愚蠢的金发女郎女共进晚餐 |
[10:25] | I bet she must be easy.” | 和她相处一定很容易” |
[10:31] | So many silver linings, | 远光灿烂 |
[10:33] | and the night is young. | 今夜未央 |
[10:48] | How’s the trial going? | 庭审情况如何? |
[10:50] | Okay. | 还好 |
[10:55] | Do you know where you’re going? | 你决定要去哪儿了吗? |
[10:56] | I’m gonna open an office. | 我要开一家小事务所 |
[11:00] | Solo practitioner like the old days, I guess. | 我想独奏者喜欢往日的生活 |
[11:06] | Bec… | |
[11:12] | It isn’t personal. | 这不涉及个人的 |
[11:15] | You know that. | 你明白的 |
[11:18] | I know that. | 我明白 |
[11:23] | Can I help with anything? | 我能帮上些忙吗? |
[11:27] | No. | 不用 |
[11:29] | I’m good. | 我没问题 |
[11:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:45] | I don’t really owe you an explanation, Lindsay. | 我真的不需要给你解释,Lindsay |
[11:47] | How can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说? |
[11:48] | DONNELL: You don’t even live here anymore. | 你甚至不再住在这里了 |
[11:50] | This is a decision I’ve made about my life. | 这是我对自己的人生做出的决定 |
[11:53] | DOLE: What about income? | 那收入呢? |
[11:54] | What about the cost of raising a child? | 抚养孩子的花销呢? |
[11:56] | That’s why you’re here? | 这就是你来这儿的原因? |
[11:58] | Money? Yes, Bobby. | – 钱吗? – 对,Bobby |
[11:59] | You damn well know I scratch right now. | 你很清楚我现在是白手起家 |
[12:01] | If this is some ploy to avoid alimony then I– | 如果这是为了逃避赡养费。。。 |
[12:04] | DONNELL: What? | 你说什么? |
[12:05] | Don’t you ever accuse me | 你竟敢指责我 |
[12:06] | of doing this to avoid alimony. | 这样做是为了逃避赡养费 |
[12:08] | This is erratic behavior, Bobby. | 这是反常的行为,Bobby |
[12:10] | You can’t– DONNELL: It’s my life. | – 你不能。。。 – 这是我的人生 |
[12:11] | Fine! | 行了! |
[12:12] | Live your life. | 过你的日子去吧 |
[12:21] | WAYNE: I lived next door to Rachel and Adrian. | 我住在Rachel和Adrian的隔壁 |
[12:24] | We were friends. | 我们是朋友 |
[12:25] | How well did you know the defendant, ? | 你和被告Tom Bartos熟吗? |
[12:27] | Pretty well. | 很熟 |
[12:28] | He was very close to his brother | 他和他哥哥关系很好 |
[12:30] | so he came around a fair bit. | 所以他常来 |
[12:31] | WALSH: Mrs. Wayne… | Wayne夫人。。。 |
[12:33] | on the day Rachel disappeared, | Rachel失踪的那天 |
[12:35] | did you notice anything out of the ordinary? | 你注意到什么不寻常的事了吗? |
[12:37] | It was early in the morning. I was out gardening | 一大早我在外面做园艺 |
[12:40] | and I saw someone in her backyard. | 我看见有人在她家后院 |
[12:42] | I looked through the fence | 我透过栅栏看了看 |
[12:44] | and saw Tom. | 看见了Tom |
[12:45] | So, I called out to him. | 所以,我和他打招呼 |
[12:47] | Did he respond? | 他有什么反应? |
[12:48] | No. | 没什么反应 |
[12:50] | He turned and walked away quickly. | 他转身很快地走开了 |
[12:52] | WALSH: You’re positive this was the morning | 你能肯定那是她失踪的那天早上吗? |
[12:54] | she disappeared? | 你能肯定那是她失踪的那天早上吗? |
[12:55] | Quite positive. | 十分肯定 |
[12:58] | BERLUTI: This man you called to, | 你向他打招呼的那个男人 |
[13:00] | he didn’t answer? No. | – 他没有回应? – 对 |
[13:02] | So you never heard his voice? No. | – 所以你没有听到他的声音? – 没有 |
[13:05] | BERLUTI: And you didn’t even see this man’s face | 你甚至没直接看到 |
[13:07] | straight on, did you? | 这个人的脸,不是吗? |
[13:09] | I saw a profile. | 我看到了侧面 |
[13:10] | Looking through the slats of a fence? | 透过栅栏的板条看的? |
[13:11] | I also recognized his clothing. | 我认得出他的衣服 |
[13:14] | A black windbreaker and jeans? | 黑色风衣和牛仔裤? |
[13:15] | It was Tom. | 那就是Tom |
[13:17] | BERLUTI: Any idea how many men in the Boston area | 知道波士顿地区有多少人 |
[13:19] | own a black windbreaker and jeans? | 有黑色风衣和牛仔裤吗? |
[13:22] | It was Tom. | 那就是Tom |
[13:29] | That didn’t go so great. | 进展得不太好 |
[13:31] | It’s still all circumstantial, isn’t it? | 这还是间接证据,不是吗? |
[13:33] | It is, but… | 是的,但是 |
[13:37] | Assuming the jury believes | 假设陪审团相信 |
[13:39] | he was there that morning– I wasn’t. | – 他那天早上在那儿。。。 – 我不在 |
[13:41] | WASHINGTON: But if the jury believes it was you, | 但如果陪审团认为是你 |
[13:43] | and her testimony was persuasive, | 而且她的证词很有说服力 |
[13:45] | we can’t really explain it. | 我们不太可能解释清楚 |
[13:47] | So that gives them motive. | 所以这给了他们提供了动机 |
[13:49] | Your DNA at the scene | 你在现场的DNA |
[13:50] | and you were seen at her house | 还有她失踪那天早上 |
[13:52] | the morning she disappeared. | 你被人看见在她家 |
[13:53] | It isn’t good. | 这可不妙 |
[13:55] | BERLUTI: The point is, | 关键是 |
[13:57] | the offer of eight might still be on the table. | 现在服刑八年的认罪条件可能还有效 |
[14:00] | If things should go worse, | 如果情况变糟的话 |
[14:02] | they could pull it. | 他们可能就撤回认罪交易了 |
[14:09] | I wanna play it out a little longer. | 我想再继续一段时间 |
[14:13] | I have to. | 我必须这么做 |
[14:18] | We log every flight that takes off and lands. | 我们记录所有起飞和降落的航班 |
[14:22] | Mr. Bartos took up his plane that afternoon | Bartos先生那天下午乘坐飞机 |
[14:24] | and landed outside Providence, Rhode Island. | 在罗得岛州的Providence市郊降落 |
[14:26] | He was on the ground only 30 minutes | 在飞回来之前他在地面 |
[14:28] | before flying back. | 只呆了30分钟 |
[14:30] | WALSH: That’s a short trip, Mr. Woolrich? | 那是一次短途旅行啊,Woolrich先生? |
[14:32] | WOOLRICH: Yes, shorter than his usual trips. | 是的,比他平时的行程短 |
[14:33] | WALSH: Mr. Woolrich, did you observe the defendant | Woolrich先生,你注意到被告 |
[14:36] | loading anything into his plane before he took off? | 在他起飞前往飞机里装了什么东西吗? |
[14:39] | Yes, I observed him loading what appeared to be | 是的,我看到他往货舱里装了一件 |
[14:42] | a large duffel bag into the cabin. | 看起来像大行李袋的东西 |
[14:44] | He struggled with it. | 他挺费劲的 |
[14:45] | It seemed to be very heavy. | 看起来不轻 |
[14:47] | WALSH: And did you have an opportunity | 在他落地后 |
[14:48] | to observe whether he unloaded the duffel bag | 你有机会看到他是否 |
[14:51] | after he landed? | 卸下了行李袋? |
[14:52] | There was no duffel bag when he came back. | 他回来时没有行李袋 |
[14:58] | It’s adding up. | 越来越麻烦了 |
[15:00] | And the problem is, | 而问题是 |
[15:01] | we have nothing to stack up against it. | 我们没有什么可拿出来反驳的 |
[15:04] | Could I take the stand? | 我可以出庭作证吗? |
[15:07] | As a character witness. | 是作为一位品行证人 |
[15:08] | Marcie… | |
[15:10] | until six months ago, | 直到六个月前 |
[15:12] | you thought your husband’s name was Dan Sterling. | 你还以为你丈夫叫Dan Sterling |
[15:14] | What kind of character witness would you really be | 如果你连他的真实身份都不知道 |
[15:17] | if you didn’t even know his true identity? | 你到底算是什么品行证人? |
[15:20] | Marcie… | |
[15:22] | could I have a second, please? | 能请你回避一下吗? |
[15:25] | Why? | 为什么? |
[15:26] | I just need a second with Jimmy and Rebecca. | 我只是想跟Jimmy和Rebecca谈一下 |
[15:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:37] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[15:41] | I haven’t been totally up-front. | 我没有完全坦承 |
[15:46] | I think she’s alive. | 我想她还活着 |
[15:49] | Who? | 谁? |
[15:52] | Rachel. | |
[15:53] | Rachel? | |
[15:55] | The victim? | 你是说受害人? |
[15:58] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:59] | You know this how? | 你怎么知道的? |
[16:02] | I helped her fake her death and get out of Boston. | 是我帮她装死离开波士顿的 |
[16:06] | I beg your pardon? | 你再说一遍? |
[16:10] | I was having an affair with her. | 我和她有私情 |
[16:13] | In fact… | 其实。。。 |
[16:15] | I loved her. | 我爱她 |
[16:17] | That’s why I was freaking out at the trial. | 这就是我在她的庭审中情绪反常的原因 |
[16:18] | I was worried she’d be convicted. | 我担心她会被定罪 |
[16:19] | I was acting angry to cover. | 我用显得很生气来做掩饰 |
[16:21] | I mean, if the cops had known we were having an affair, | 我是说,如果警察知道我们有私情 |
[16:23] | they would’ve used that against her. | 他们会用这个来对付她的 |
[16:25] | BERLUTI: Okay. | 好的 |
[16:27] | Slow down. | 说慢点 |
[16:28] | You were in love with your brother’s wife? | 你爱上了你哥哥的妻子? |
[16:31] | TOM: My brother was a bastard. | 我哥哥是个混蛋 |
[16:34] | He used to beat her | 只要他喝了几杯啤酒 |
[16:37] | when he had a few beers in him, | 就总是揍她 |
[16:39] | which was practically every night. | 几乎每晚都是如此 |
[16:41] | I was gonna take her away from him. | 我本来想带她离开他 |
[16:44] | And he found out and came at her. | 他发现了就向她扑来 |
[16:46] | And that is why she stabbed him, | 所以她才捅死了他 |
[16:48] | in self-defense. | 那是正当防卫 |
[16:52] | So where is she now? | 那她现在在哪儿? |
[16:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:57] | She left me. | 她离开了我 |
[16:58] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等一下,等一下 |
[17:01] | TOM: We lived together for about eight months | 我们用不同的身份 |
[17:03] | under separate identities. | 一起住了大约八个月 |
[17:06] | Afterwards, she split. | 后来,她和我分手了 |
[17:11] | Given she was convicted in Adrian’s murder, | 考虑到她在Adrian的谋杀案中被定罪 |
[17:13] | I don’t– | 我不。。。 |
[17:15] | I don’t figure her to be coming back. | 我不认为她会重新露面 |
[17:25] | Will you send my wife in now, please? | 可以请你叫我太太进来吗? |
[17:30] | I guess it’s time I tell her. | 我想我也该告诉她了 |
[17:38] | Do you believe him? | 你信他的吗? |
[17:39] | Actually, I do, | 说实话,我信 |
[17:40] | as crazy as it sounds. | 虽然听起来很离奇 |
[17:42] | They faked her death together? | 他们合伙儿伪造了她的死亡? |
[17:44] | So she could escape prison. | 这样她就可以逃脱牢狱之灾了 |
[17:47] | The question is, | 问题是 |
[17:48] | do we let him get on the stand and tell his story? | 我们要让他当庭说出他的说法吗? |
[17:51] | That is risky. | 这太冒险了 |
[17:52] | WASHINGTON: But if we believed him, | 但如果我们相信了他 |
[17:53] | so might the jury. | 陪审团也可能会的 |
[17:54] | And at this point, we’ve got nothing to lose. | 从这点来看,也不会有什么坏处 |
[17:57] | Why didn’t he come forward with this before? | 他之前为什么不主动说出这些? |
[18:00] | WASHINGTON: Good question. | 问得好 |
[18:01] | He probably figured nobody would swallow it. | 他可能以为没人会信的 |
[18:03] | YOUNG: Which is maybe why you don’t let him testify. | 这也许就是你们不让他作证的原因 |
[18:05] | BERLUTI: Look, we got to get back, Eugene. | 听着,我们得去出庭了,Eugene |
[18:07] | What’s this meeting about? | 这次会议要谈什么? |
[18:12] | It’s about Bobby, | 是关于Bobby的 |
[18:13] | or this firm without Bobby. | 或者是关于这家没有Bobby的事务所 |
[18:15] | Whether he changes his mind or not, | 不管他是不是改主意 |
[18:17] | right now, it seems made up, | 现在,似乎是拿定主意了 |
[18:19] | which means we need to get used to life quickly | 这就是说我们要尽快适应没有他的状况 |
[18:22] | around here without him. | 这就是说我们要尽快适应没有他的状况 |
[18:24] | Ellenor and I have formed an ad hoc management committee. | Ellenor和我组成一个特别管理委员会 |
[18:27] | We will be deciding whether to accept or reject cases. | 我们将决定是否受理案件 |
[18:30] | That’s effective immediately. Wait a second. | – 此决定立即生效 – 等一下 |
[18:33] | Look, we can’t do it by committee, Jimmy. | 听着,我们不能按全员决定来做,Jimmy |
[18:34] | And truth be told, | 而且说实话 |
[18:36] | you’re the biggest offender for taking dogs. | 你是最能惹麻烦的 |
[18:38] | On a more positive note, | 最后说个好消息吧 |
[18:40] | we’ve elected you to be a full partner. | 我们推选你为正式合伙人 |
[18:45] | Who elected? | 谁推选的? |
[18:47] | YOUNG: Well, with my two votes and Ellenor’s one, | 呃,我的算两票,再加Ellenor的一票 |
[18:49] | we didn’t need yours, | 就不需要你再投了 |
[18:50] | though I’m sure you would’ve given it to us. | 不过我相信你会支持我们的 |
[18:52] | Is this how you plan to run the ship, Eugene? | 你就是这么打算做管理的吗,Eugene? |
[18:56] | Here’s the biggie, | 还有件大事 |
[18:58] | if Bobby’s gone, | 如果Bobby走了 |
[19:01] | I say we get Lindsay back. | 要我说我们应该把Lindsay请回来 |
[19:03] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[19:04] | YOUNG: She wasn’t leaving us | 与其说是她离开我们 |
[19:05] | so much as she was him and– Whoa! | – 还不如说她是要离开他。。。 – 胡说! |
[19:07] | YOUNG: She has the best civil reputation of all of us. | 她在我们所有人中声誉是最好的 |
[19:10] | If you bring her in, Bobby will never come back! | 如果你让她回来,Bobby就永远不会回来了 |
[19:12] | We can’t be held hostage | 我们不能被押在Bobby中年危机上,Rebecca |
[19:14] | by Bobby’s mid-life meltdown, Rebecca. | 我们不能被押在Bobby中年危机上,Rebecca |
[19:16] | We have to be decisive now. | 我们现在就要做出决定 |
[19:18] | And, yes, | 还有,没错 |
[19:20] | this is how I plan to lead. | 我就是打算这么领导这家事务所的 |
[19:24] | All those in favor of extending an offer to Lindsay. | 所有那些赞成向Lindsay提出邀请的人请举手 |
[19:37] | Good. | 很好 |
[19:40] | How hostile is that? | 你这是得有多大的敌意呀 |
[19:41] | YOUNG: It’s not hostile. | 不存在敌意 |
[19:42] | You plan to invite my ex-wife in here? | 你打算邀请我前妻回去吗? |
[19:45] | You’re not gonna be here, Bobby. | 你不会回去了,Bobby |
[19:46] | It shouldn’t matter what we do. | 我们做什么并不重要 |
[19:47] | DONNELL: What matters is getting a deliberate | 重要的是在人痛苦的时候 |
[19:48] | slap in the face when somebody’s– | 还被人故意抽了一大嘴巴。。。 |
[19:49] | Try a punch in the gut. That’s what you did. | 给心窝上来一拳是吧,你就是那么干的 |
[19:51] | I made a decision. | 我是做了一个抉择 |
[19:53] | YOUNG: So did I. | 我也是 |
[19:54] | In the best interest of this firm. | 为了这家事务所的最大利益 |
[19:56] | When’s the last time you did that? | 你上次那样做是什么时候? |
[19:58] | When’s the last time you did that? | 你上次那样做是什么时候? |
[20:01] | You need to move on, Bobby, | 你需要向前看,Bobby |
[20:02] | well, so do we. | 我们也是 |
[20:03] | And if you really do care about our future, | 如果你真的关心我们的未来 |
[20:06] | you better hope to God we get Lindsay | 你最好向上帝祈祷我们能让Lindsay |
[20:08] | because she’s the best available lawyer out there. | 因为她是可以找到的最好的律师 |
[20:10] | Yeah, walk out, just keep walking out doors. | 好呀,走吧,只管走吧 |
[20:12] | This is the thanks I get | 你就是这么感谢我 |
[20:13] | for giving the firm to you? | 把这家事务所交给你的吗? |
[20:14] | YOUNG: Thanks for what, for leaving? | 感谢你什么,感谢你离开吗? |
[20:15] | All right. That’s enough! | 好了,够了! |
[20:16] | Ten years… | 十年来。。。 |
[20:18] | I put in this firm with you, by your side, | 我全身心地投入,和你一起,在你身边 |
[20:20] | and not just to build a practice of law, ten years. | 不仅仅是为了建立一个事务所,十年呀 |
[20:28] | Thanks for nothing. | 谢你个屁! |
[20:38] | I have way, way too many changes going on right now | 我现在遇到太多的变化了 |
[20:41] | to even consider this. | 没法考虑这件事 |
[20:45] | I’m flattered but– | 我很荣幸,但是。。。 |
[20:47] | Might you consider it | 在将来你会考虑一下吗? |
[20:49] | down the road some? | 在将来你会考虑一下吗? |
[20:52] | FRUTT: We’re serious about developing | Lindsay,我们对开展民事业务 |
[20:54] | our civil practice here, Lindsay. | 的态度是很认真的 |
[20:56] | We’d like you to do it. | 我们想要你来做这些 |
[21:03] | If I were to even entertain the idea, | 如果我能接受这个主意 |
[21:06] | Claire comes with me. | Claire和我一起来 |
[21:09] | We’d love to have her. | 我们很想得到她 |
[21:12] | Well, like I said, I can’t think | 呃,我刚才说了,我现在无法 |
[21:14] | about any more change right now, | 再考虑更多的变化了 |
[21:17] | but… | 但是。。。 |
[21:23] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[21:26] | Yeah. I, um… | 嗯,我,呃。。。 |
[21:30] | I feel a little adrift. | 我有些恍然 |
[21:34] | I guess the idea of coming home. | 我猜是这种要回家的想法 |
[21:37] | I, um… | 我,呃。。。 |
[21:40] | YOUNG: Then do that, Lindsay. | 那就做吧,Lindsay |
[21:43] | Come back home. | 回家来 |
[21:46] | I got to go, okay? | 我得走了,好吗? |
[21:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[22:01] | We knew about the break-ins in the neighborhood. | 我们知道附近有人闯入民宅 |
[22:03] | We wanted it to seem | 我们想让这事看起来 |
[22:05] | like she had surprised the burglar, | 像是她突然发现了窃贼 |
[22:06] | he’d killed her | 于是窃贼杀了她并藏尸 |
[22:08] | and hid the body. | 于是窃贼杀了她并藏尸 |
[22:09] | What about all the blood? | 那血怎么解释? |
[22:11] | Rachel used to work as a nurse. | Rachel以前当过护士 |
[22:12] | She’d taken blood many times. | 她抽了很多次血 |
[22:15] | We wanted it to look good, | 我们希望做得逼真 |
[22:17] | so she started taking vials of her own blood | 所以她开始抽自己的血 |
[22:19] | for a couple of weeks. | 花了几个星期 |
[22:21] | We kept it in her refrigerator, | 我们存放在冰箱里 |
[22:23] | and when we had enough… | 我们觉得够了之后。。。 |
[22:24] | And her teeth? | 那她的牙齿呢? |
[22:26] | She had some anesthetic | 她有些从医院里 |
[22:28] | she took from the hospital. | 拿来的麻醉剂 |
[22:30] | We injected it | 我们把麻醉剂 |
[22:32] | in her gums | 注射在她的牙龈里 |
[22:33] | and pulled out one of her back teeth | 用钳子拔掉了 |
[22:35] | with a pair of pliers. | 她的一颗后槽牙 |
[22:36] | She mutilated herself? | 她弄伤了自己? |
[22:38] | Oh, if we hadn’t made it look like she was really dead… | 哦,如果不是我们让她看起来真的死了。。。 |
[22:41] | BERLUTI: And the airplane trip? | 那次飞机旅行呢? |
[22:43] | Helping her escape. | 是帮助她逃跑 |
[22:44] | I flew her up to Providence, | 我把她送到Providence |
[22:46] | dropped her off, and came back. | 让她下飞机,我然后回来 |
[22:48] | BERLUTI: So she was actually | 所以她其实是 |
[22:50] | in the duffel bag? | 在行李袋里? |
[22:51] | But alive. | 对,但她是活着的 |
[22:52] | She took a bus from Providence to Atlanta. | 她乘公交车从Providence去亚特兰大 |
[22:56] | I was gonna wait until things cooled down, | 我要等到事情平静下来 |
[22:57] | then I was gonna move out of town and join her. | 然后我就离开城镇去和找她 |
[23:00] | But? | 但是? |
[23:01] | Basically, | 主要是 |
[23:03] | I blew it. The neighbor saw me, | 我把事弄糟了,邻居看到了我 |
[23:05] | I didn’t even know about DNA, | 我甚至都不懂DNA的事 |
[23:08] | my hairs in her blood. | 地板上有我的头发 |
[23:11] | Then when the police phoned, | 当警察打电话来的时候 |
[23:12] | I knew I was about to get arrested, | 我知道我要被捕了 |
[23:13] | so I… | 所以我。。。 |
[23:15] | I took off and joined her. Then what? | – 我跑了去找她 – 然后呢? |
[23:17] | We hid out together for about eight months, | 我们一起躲了8个月 |
[23:20] | paying in cash, staying in motels. | 付现金,住汽车旅馆 |
[23:22] | We kept entirely to ourselves. | 我们完全保持秘密 |
[23:25] | We… | 我们。。。 |
[23:27] | we moved every week. | 每周都换地方 |
[23:30] | And then, one day, | 然后,又一天 |
[23:32] | she couldn’t take it anymore, | 她再也受不了了 |
[23:34] | and she left me. | 她离开了我 |
[23:38] | And I never saw her again. | 我再也没看见过她 |
[23:40] | When was that? | 那是什么时候? |
[23:42] | Nine plus years ago. | 九年前 |
[23:47] | I got a new I. D., | 我弄到新身份 |
[23:48] | a new name. | 新名字 |
[23:50] | I started getting regular work in telecom. | 我开始在电信公司做正式工 |
[23:54] | And five years ago, | 五年前 |
[23:55] | I settled outside of Los Angeles. | 我搬到洛杉矶郊区居住 |
[23:58] | And a year later, | 一年后 |
[24:00] | I met my wife, Marcie. | 我遇到了我太太,Marcie |
[24:03] | We worked together at the phone company. | 我们在一家电话公司工作 |
[24:05] | We have a beautiful baby daughter. | 我们有了个漂亮的宝贝女儿 |
[24:07] | Tom, | |
[24:09] | you sat on this lie | 你撒了九年多的谎 |
[24:13] | for nine-plus years. | 你撒了九年多的慌 |
[24:15] | I know. I should never have helped Rachel escape. | 我知道,我不该帮Rachel逃跑的 |
[24:18] | I know it now, and I am sorry. | 我现在明白了,我很后悔 |
[24:21] | I should be condemned for that behavior, | 我应该为此受到谴责 |
[24:23] | but I did not kill her. | 但我没有杀她 |
[24:26] | She is out there. | 她就在那儿 |
[24:29] | Somewhere. | 某个地方 |
[24:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:41] | Objection! | 反对! |
[24:42] | I’m sorry, | 对不起 |
[24:43] | but I thought I’d seen and heard it all. | 但我觉得这些我都听过和见过 |
[24:45] | Objection! Sustained. | – 反对! – 反对有效 |
[24:47] | It’s the truth. | 这是事实 |
[24:48] | It’s the truth, | 这是事实? |
[24:49] | what you just said? | 你刚才说的这些吗? |
[24:51] | Yes. | 对 |
[24:52] | Well then, | 那好吧 |
[24:54] | I’ll drop the charges. | 我撤销指控好了 |
[24:55] | Mr. Walsh. | Walsh先生 |
[24:57] | Show me a photograph of the two of you together | 给我看一张她失踪后你们两个 |
[24:59] | taken after she disappeared. | 在一起拍的照片吧 |
[25:02] | That would be a help. | 那会管用的 |
[25:03] | We didn’t take any pictures. | 我们没有照过照片 |
[25:04] | Not one? | 一张也没有? |
[25:06] | We were fugitives, Mr. Walsh. | 我们是逃犯,Walsh先生 |
[25:08] | We were a little camera-shy. | 我们怕照相 |
[25:10] | How about a witness? | 那证人呢? |
[25:12] | Someone who saw her alive? | 有人看到过她活着吗? |
[25:16] | You were together for eight months. | 你们在一起八个月 |
[25:18] | Someone must have seen you. | 一定有人见过你们 |
[25:20] | A motel clerk, a waiter. | 汽车旅馆的职员,或者一个服务生 |
[25:22] | You must have some evidence | 你一定有些证据 |
[25:24] | to show you were having an affair with her. | 来证明你和她私通的 |
[25:25] | The point of an affair | 私通的关键 |
[25:26] | is that it’s secret. | 就是那是隐秘的 |
[25:29] | You ripped out Rachel’s teeth | 你用钳子拔掉了 |
[25:31] | with pliers | Rachel的牙齿 |
[25:33] | and stored vials of her blood | 并把她的血存在 |
[25:35] | in her refrigerator? Yes. | – 她的冰箱里是吗? – 是的 |
[25:37] | Got the pliers? | 钳子呢? |
[25:39] | The empty anesthetic jars? | 空的麻醉药管呢? |
[25:40] | You’re asking me for evidence | 你在找我要那些 |
[25:41] | we were deliberately trying to get rid of! | 我们刻意要处理掉的那些证据 |
[25:43] | So, basically, all we’ve got to go on here | 那就是说,我们能得到的 |
[25:45] | is your good word. | 就是你所说的话 |
[25:47] | TOM: Yes. | 对 |
[25:48] | WALSH: You admit lying to the police | 关于你和受害人的关系 |
[25:50] | about your relationship with the victim? | 你承认对警方撒谎了是吗? |
[25:51] | Yes. | 对 |
[25:53] | Lying about your very name for 10 years? | 在你真实姓名上你也撒了十年的谎? |
[25:56] | I had to. | 我没办法 |
[25:57] | Lying even to your own wife. | 甚至对你自己的太太也撒了谎 |
[26:01] | Yes. | 对 |
[26:02] | But now, | 而现在 |
[26:04] | when you’re looking at 20 years | 当你面对20年的牢狱之灾时 |
[26:06] | behind bars, | 当你面对20年的牢狱之灾时 |
[26:08] | now… | 现在。。。 |
[26:10] | we should believe you. | 难道我们应该相信你? |
[26:30] | Is eight still on the table? | 服刑八年的认罪协议还有效吗? |
[26:33] | No, | 没有了 |
[26:33] | I just tried to float it. | 我刚才试着提了一下 |
[26:36] | Walsh laughed. | Walsh笑了起来 |
[26:39] | WASHINGTON: Do you have any idea | 至于Rachel可能在哪儿 |
[26:41] | as to where Rachel could possibly be? | 你有什么想法吗? |
[26:44] | If we can show she’s alive– | 如果我们能证明她还活着。。。 |
[26:48] | did she ever mention a favorite town | 她可曾提到她想去 |
[26:50] | or place she’d like to go? | 哪个喜欢的城市或者地方吗? |
[26:52] | I don’t remember anything. | 我什么也记不得了 |
[26:55] | But I don’t really wanna lead them to her anyway. | 尽管如此,我也真的不想引导他们去找到她 |
[26:59] | Sorry? | 你说什么? |
[27:00] | I just don’t. | 我就是不想 |
[27:01] | Look, | 听着 |
[27:04] | I started a new life, and… | 我有了新的生活,而且。。。 |
[27:06] | she probably did, too. | 她可能也有了 |
[27:08] | She likely has a family, | 她可能有了家庭 |
[27:09] | and I don’t wanna put her through | 而我不想让她经历 |
[27:11] | what I’m going through right now. | 我此刻正在经历的事 |
[27:13] | Are you serious? | 你当真这么想? |
[27:15] | You have sacrificed everything for this woman. | 你为这个女人牺牲了一切 |
[27:18] | Marcie, could you excuse us again? | Marcie,你能再回避一下吗? |
[27:23] | Marcie, please. | Marcie,拜托你了 |
[27:25] | I need to have a conversation with my client. | 我需要和我的当事人谈谈 |
[27:35] | You know where she is, don’t you? | 你知道她在哪儿,是吗? |
[27:39] | No. | 不知道 |
[27:42] | How can you sit quiet? You’re about– | 你怎么能就这么安静地坐着?你就要。。。 |
[27:44] | TOM: Because I love her! | 因为我爱她! |
[27:47] | I’m sorry. I know it’s sick, but I do. | 对不起,我知道这有些病态,但我就是这样 |
[27:48] | I still love her, and she still… | 我还爱着她,她也还。。。 |
[27:51] | She still what? | 她还什么? |
[27:53] | She still loves you? | 她还爱着你? |
[27:58] | Are you two still together? | 你们两个还在一起? |
[28:02] | No. Look, | – 不 – 听着 |
[28:04] | all we need is evidence she’s alive. | 我们只要证明她还活着 |
[28:06] | She doesn’t need to come forward. | 她不需要露面 |
[28:08] | If the police become convinced | 如果警方相信 |
[28:10] | that she is alive, | 她还活着 |
[28:11] | they will hunt her down. | 他们会抓到她的 |
[28:13] | And I won’t let her– | 而我不想使她。。。 |
[28:16] | this is privilege. | 这是属于保密特权内的谈话 |
[28:18] | You can’t tell Marcie any of this. | 你一点也不能告诉Marcie |
[28:20] | BERLUTI: Tom, if Rachel loves you as you say– | Tom,如果Rachel如果所说的也爱你。。。 |
[28:23] | TOM: Jimmy! | |
[28:25] | I will not let her come forward. | 我不会让她露面的 |
[28:43] | I’m so incredibly sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[28:46] | I know how difficult this must be for you. | 我知道这对你来说有多难 |
[28:49] | And my coming to you screaming about money or– | 我来找你冲着你喊那些有关钱什么的。。。 |
[28:52] | it was just out of line, and I apologize. | 那太过分了,我道歉 |
[28:58] | That having been said, | 已经说过了 |
[29:02] | do not walk out on these people | Bobby,不要什么都不说 |
[29:04] | without talking to them, Bobby. | 就离开这些人 |
[29:08] | They love you. | 他们喜欢你 |
[29:13] | This practice first, | 从根本上说 |
[29:15] | fundamentally, | 这家事务所 |
[29:16] | always is you. | 一直是你的 |
[29:33] | STRINGER: I guess I just don’t get | 我想我只是不明白 |
[29:35] | the depth of your hurt here. | 你在这事上受伤的程度 |
[29:38] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[29:39] | he’s quitting a job, | 他辞职了 |
[29:41] | not a friendship. | 又不是友谊的终结 |
[29:43] | Our relationship was the job. | 我们的关系就是工作 |
[29:46] | If you really believed that, | 如果你真的这么认为 |
[29:48] | you wouldn’t feel so betrayed. | 你就不会感到被背叛了 |
[29:49] | I’ve been seeing the man almost every day | 我成年之后几乎每天都要看见这个人,Jamie |
[29:52] | for my entire adult life, Jamie. | 我成年之后几乎每天都要看见这个人,Jamie |
[29:55] | When he leaves, we won’t be seeing each other. | 当他离开的时候,我们就不会见面了 |
[29:57] | I mean, we’ll talk a good game, | 我是说,我们会夸下海口 |
[29:59] | “Let’s get together. Let’s grab a beer.” | “我们要常在一起,我们去喝啤酒吧” |
[30:01] | But that won’t happen. | 但这些都不会发生的 |
[30:03] | It’ll be over. | 都会结束的 |
[30:04] | STRINGER: Have you ever wondered if you’re able | 你有没有想过你是否能 |
[30:06] | to sustain a relationship | 在工作之外保持 |
[30:08] | outside of work? | 一种的稳定的情感关系? |
[30:10] | I mean maybe Bobby won’t be much good at it. | 我是指也许Bobby这方面并不是最合适的 |
[30:12] | He failed with Lindsay, | 他和Lindsay都出问题了 |
[30:14] | but… | 但是。。。 |
[30:17] | I think it’s your track record | 我觉得是你的经历 |
[30:18] | that scares you so. | 使你害怕这样 |
[30:20] | I’m able to have a relationship outside of work. | 我能在工作之外保持一种情感关系 |
[30:23] | Really? | 是吗? |
[30:25] | When’s the last time? | 最近一次是什么时候的事? |
[30:30] | I believe I’m having one now. | 我相信我现在就有一个 |
[30:35] | Well, I can’t be sure, | 哦,我可说不好 |
[30:37] | but I think… | 但是我觉得。。。 |
[30:39] | you actually just said something nice. | 你刚才确实是说了些让人爱听的话 |
[30:44] | Nice. | 很好 |
[30:46] | I’m capable of that, too. | 我也有能力做到 |
[30:47] | I’ll believe that | 我要看到些行动 |
[30:49] | when I see it. | 才会相信 |
[31:01] | How was that? | 感觉怎么样? |
[31:04] | It’s a start. | 只是个开始 |
[31:19] | BERLUTI: You gotta help me make sense of this, Tom. | 你得让我弄明白才行,Tom |
[31:22] | You could spend the rest of your life | 你可能一辈子都要 |
[31:25] | in prison. | 呆在监狱里 |
[31:28] | I love her, Jimmy. | 我爱她,Jimmy |
[31:30] | Don’t get me wrong, I love Marcie, too. | 别误会我,我也爱Marcie |
[31:32] | We have a– we have a nice family. | 我们有一个。。。我们有一个美好的家庭 |
[31:34] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[31:35] | You have a daughter | 你有个女儿 |
[31:37] | who needs to grow up with a father. | 她需要有个爸爸带她长大 |
[31:42] | If Rachel could just reveal | 如果Rachel只是透露出 |
[31:44] | she’s alive without– | 她还活着。。。 |
[31:45] | She has a murder conviction | 她背着一起已被定罪的谋杀罪名 |
[31:46] | hanging over her. | 她背着一起已被定罪的谋杀罪名 |
[31:48] | They’d find her. BERLUTI: Not necessarily. | – 他们会找到她 – 那不一定 |
[31:50] | I said no, Jimmy, and I mean no. | 我说了不,Jimmy |
[31:56] | I am willing to go down for her. | 我愿意为她付出代价 |
[31:58] | And if you can’t understand | 如果你不能理解 |
[31:59] | how a person could love somebody enough to do that, | 一个人爱另一个人可以到这样做的程度的话 |
[32:04] | well, that’s just too bad for you, I guess. | 嗯,我想那对你来说太糟了 |
[32:16] | Did he say what this one was about? | 他说了这是怎么回事吗? |
[32:19] | I didn’t question him. | 我没问他。 |
[32:20] | FRUTT: Because you were just happy to be invited. | 因为你很高兴被邀请 |
[32:21] | Exactly. | 一点没错 |
[32:24] | What’s he doing? | 他在干什么? |
[32:25] | He’s closing. Oh. | 他在练习结案陈词 |
[32:28] | thanks for coming in here again. | 谢谢大家再次能来 |
[32:35] | Eugene, Lindsay, | Eugene, Lindsay |
[32:37] | I guess everybody feels | 我想大家每个人都觉得 |
[32:40] | I owe an explanation. | 我欠一个解释 |
[32:43] | But it presumes I have one | 但是假如我有一个 |
[32:46] | when… | 当。。。 |
[32:48] | all I can tell you is I basically grew up | 我只能告诉你们的是,我基本上是 |
[32:51] | in a big firm. | 在一家大事务所成长起来的 |
[32:52] | You all know this. | 这你们都知道 |
[32:54] | My dad was a custodian | 我父亲是一家 |
[32:55] | in one of those blue-chip offices | 蓝筹机构的物业管理员 |
[32:57] | across the street. | 就在街对面 |
[33:01] | And I wanted to be like those lawyers. | 而我想成为他们那样的律师 |
[33:04] | And all the while, I… | 一直以来,我。。。 |
[33:07] | hated them | 讨厌他们 |
[33:08] | for the way they treated my father. | 因为他们对待我父亲的态度 |
[33:11] | And I suppose I’ve been caught in that paradox. | 我想我已经陷入了这个悖论 |
[33:15] | Wanting to become… | 想成为。。。 |
[33:18] | the monster… | 我所讨厌的 |
[33:21] | I hated. | 怪物。。。 |
[33:25] | Started off solo, just me | 一开始就我一个人 |
[33:26] | with Rebecca as my assistant, | Rebecca是我的助理 |
[33:29] | vowing… | 立志要。。。 |
[33:31] | to myself to make my firm | 让我的事务所 |
[33:33] | into the one across the street. | 跻身于街对面那些家中 |
[33:35] | And to a large extent, | 在很大程度上 |
[33:38] | I’ve done that. | 我做到了 |
[33:41] | I work with a group, | 我和一群 |
[33:46] | the finest… | 一群我能想象到的 |
[33:48] | group of lawyers… | 最优秀的。。。 |
[33:51] | I could ever imagine. | 律师一起工作 |
[33:56] | But at the end of the day, | 但到最后 |
[34:00] | I just can’t go to work | 我就是再也不能 |
[34:02] | across the street anymore. | 穿过马路去上班了 |
[34:07] | I need… | 我需要。。。 |
[34:09] | to be… | 变成。。。 |
[34:12] | alone, | 一个人 |
[34:14] | taking cases I wanna take. | 接我想接的案子 |
[34:20] | I love each and every one of you. | 我喜欢你们每一个人 |
[34:26] | Eugene, | |
[34:29] | Ellenor, | |
[34:31] | Jimmy, | |
[34:34] | you are my best friends. | 你们是我最好的朋友 |
[34:38] | Rebecca, I won’t even begin to describe | Rebecca,我甚至无法描述 |
[34:40] | how I feel about you, | 我对你的感觉 |
[34:41] | and I don’t think I have to. | 但我想我无需如此 |
[34:44] | Lucy, | |
[34:47] | you’ve been like a daughter. | 你就像我的女儿 |
[34:49] | An obnoxious one. | 惹人讨厌的那个 |
[34:53] | And, Jamie, I’m only at the beginning | 还有,Jamie,我才刚开始了解你 |
[34:54] | of getting to know you, | 还有,Jamie,我才刚开始了解你 |
[34:57] | but… | 但是。。。 |
[35:00] | I gotta go. | 我得离开了 |
[35:04] | I wish I could offer a more satisfactory answer than– | 我希望我能给出一个更让人满意的答复。。。 |
[35:11] | I’ve been… | 我最近一直。。。 |
[35:12] | very destructive lately, | 很有破坏性 |
[35:15] | breaking free of my marriage | 也许我真正想要的就是挣脱 |
[35:17] | when what maybe I really wanted | 也许我真正想要的就是挣脱 |
[35:19] | was to just break free. | 但我却挣脱了我的婚姻 |
[35:24] | But some days you wake up, | 但有时你早上醒来 |
[35:28] | and you just know. | 就突然意识到 |
[35:34] | It’s time. | 是时候了 |
[35:40] | I gotta go. | 我得离开了 |
[35:46] | Love you. | 我爱你们 |
[36:16] | I just, uh… | 我只是,呃。。。 |
[36:36] | Love you, too, man. | 我也爱你,伙计 |
[36:45] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事? |
[36:49] | Kenneth asked me to be here | Kenneth要我来 |
[36:50] | because he’s unable to talk. | 是因为他不能说话了 |
[36:53] | What do you mean “he’s unable to talk”? | “他不能说话了”是什么意思? |
[36:55] | He’s too upset. | 他气糊涂了 |
[36:58] | Last night, he received in the mail this bottle | 昨晚,他在邮件里收到了这个瓶子 |
[37:01] | with an anonymous note | 里面有封匿名信 |
[37:02] | asking him to run it for prints, | 要求我们查验指纹 |
[37:05] | which he did. | 我们查了 |
[37:06] | We lifted three fresh prints | 我们提取了三个新指纹 |
[37:11] | belonging to Rachel Rosenblum. | 是Rachel Rosenblum的 |
[37:14] | As you can see, | 如你所见 |
[37:15] | this is a fairly new bottle, | 这是一个相当新的瓶子 |
[37:17] | which means, at least as of three months ago, | 也就是说,至少三个月前 |
[37:20] | the supposed victim | 所谓的受害者 |
[37:22] | was alive. | 还活着 |
[37:23] | Accordingly, the prosecution has no choice | 因此,检方别无选择 |
[37:26] | but to dismiss the complaint. | 只有撤回起诉 |
[37:30] | Now, I’ve tried to tell Kenneth | 现在,我试着劝告Kenneth |
[37:32] | this is a good thing. | 这是件好事 |
[37:34] | A terrible miscarriage of justice | 一次严重的司法误判 |
[37:37] | has been avoided but– | 被避免了,但是。。。 |
[37:38] | well, he refuses to see it that way. | 他拒绝从这个角度看问题 |
[37:42] | In any event, | 无论如何 |
[37:44] | your client is off the hook. | 你们的当事人脱离困境了 |
[37:47] | Now, he will face charges | 现在,因伪造这个女人的死亡 |
[37:49] | of obstruction of justice | 他将面临着 |
[37:51] | for faking this woman’s death. | 妨碍司法公正指控 |
[37:56] | It’s over? | 完事了? |
[37:57] | On the murder charge. | 是指一级谋杀指控 |
[38:00] | On the other, | 其他的 |
[38:01] | they’ll prosecute. | 检方会起诉的 |
[38:05] | Well, did they say how much time I’d get? | 噢,他们说要判我多长时间了吗? |
[38:07] | No. Faking a person’s death, | 没说,伪造某人的死亡 |
[38:10] | I’d have to look it up. | 我得去查一下 |
[38:11] | You might make bail. | 你能得到保释 |
[38:12] | I can’t believe she sent it in. | 我不敢相信她寄了这个东西 |
[38:15] | I–I can’t believe it. | 我。。。我简直不敢相信 |
[38:18] | WASHINGTON: I don’t think she did. | 我不认为是她寄的 |
[38:20] | But, hey, let’s ask her. | 但是,嘿,我们问问她好了 |
[38:25] | Did you send it in, Rachel? | 你是寄的吗,Rachel? |
[38:29] | I detected the resemblance right away | 我马上就发现了相似之处 |
[38:32] | but thought men just fall for a certain look. | 但我以为是男人只钟情于某个特定的外表 |
[38:34] | It’s not surprising you should look a little | 所以你看起来有点像他最后的爱人并不奇怪 |
[38:35] | like his last love. | 所以你看起来有点像他最后的爱人并不奇怪 |
[38:37] | But then | 但是随后 |
[38:38] | I started to look closer. | 我开始仔细端详 |
[38:41] | Lose some weight, | 减点肥 |
[38:43] | plastic surgery, | 整容手术 |
[38:44] | new nose, new hair | 新整的鼻子,新头发 |
[38:47] | but most of it’s still there. | 但大部分都还在 |
[38:50] | What are you talking about? | 不知道你在说什么? |
[38:53] | Meet Rachel Rosenblum, Jimmy. | Jimmy,来认识一下Rachel Rosenblum吧 |
[39:00] | The reason Tom didn’t want to give her up. | 汤姆不想放弃她的原因 |
[39:03] | She’s the mother of his child. | 她是他孩子的母亲 |
[39:07] | I sent the bottle in. | 是我寄的瓶子 |
[39:10] | You drank out of it yesterday. | 你昨天喝过的 |
[39:14] | That is privilege. | 这属于保密特权 |
[39:16] | You’re my lawyer. | 你是我的律师 |
[39:17] | I’m his lawyer, not yours. | 我是他的律师,不是你的 |
[39:21] | You’re Rachel? | 你是Rachel? |
[39:27] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办? |
[39:30] | Enough of this does fall within his privilege. | 这些足以归入他的保密特权范畴了 |
[39:32] | Your secret’s safe. | 你(作为妻子)的秘密是安全的 |
[39:36] | You, on the other hand, might not be. | 而你,从另一方面讲,你可能就不行了 |
[39:40] | Your wife kills husbands | 你的妻子杀了她的丈夫 |
[39:44] | but you knew that. | 但你是知道的 |
[40:05] | Everyone said you left hours ago. | 大家都说你几个小时前就走了 |
[40:10] | I wanted to… | 我想。。。。 |
[40:12] | do this alone. | 自己一个人做这些 |
[40:21] | Go for a drink? | 去喝一杯? |
[40:26] | Bobby, | |
[40:28] | you basically now have… | 你现在基本上。。。 |
[40:31] | nowhere to call home. | 是无以为家 |
[40:32] | And maybe that’s what you want, | 也许这就是你想要的 |
[40:35] | but before you adjourn to your… | 但在你去你那空旷巨大的 |
[40:38] | big, empty world, | 轻松世界之前。。。 |
[40:40] | let me buy you a drink. | 我请你喝一杯 |
[40:47] | I’ll wait outside. | 我在外面等 |
[41:17] | I take it you won. | 我当你是赢了吧 |
[41:21] | This is good. DOLE: Good? | – 这很不错呀 – 不错? |
[41:22] | I didn’t go to law school to put drug dealers | 我上法学院不是为了把毒贩 |
[41:25] | back on the street. | 放归社区 |
[41:27] | The criminal practice | 刑事案件业务 |
[41:29] | helps us to pay the rent and allows us to– | 帮我们付房租,让我们。。。 |
[41:31] | Rent! We’re late with the rent. | 房租!我们拖欠房租了 |
[41:33] | We don’t even have a conference table. | 我们连会议桌都没有 |
[41:34] | We’ll never build civil. | 我们永远不会做民事案件 |
[41:35] | The last blue-chip I brought in tripped over a box. | 我最后一次带来的蓝筹股客户被这破箱子绊倒了 |
[41:38] | And now he’s suing us. This is a dump. | 现在他要起诉我们。真是个垃圾堆 |
[41:41] | You don’t think I want us in one of those high-rise buildings? | 你觉得我不想让我们住在那些高楼里吗? |
[41:45] | We’ll get there, | 我们会到那一步的 |
[41:46] | five years from now, nice lobby, | 五年后,漂亮的大厅 |
[41:48] | spacious offices. | 宽敞的办公室 |
[41:52] | Come on. That’s gonna be us. | 来吧。那就是我们 |
[42:18] | DONNELL: I’m shutting down the practice. | 我要关掉这家事务所 |
[42:19] | Get your resumes out there. I’ll try to string out | 各自去找地方吧,我会尽量拖上 |
[42:22] | three more weeks. WASHINGTON: That’s fine. | – 三周或者更多点时间 – 好吧 |
[42:23] | You have a suppression hearing scheduled in 12 minutes. | 你不到12分钟后有一个证据排除听证会 |
[42:25] | DONNELL: You see this? What? | – 你看到了这个了吗? – 什么呀? |
[42:26] | Huh? Eviction notice! | 哈?驱逐通知! |
[42:29] | These are the kinds of things that happen | 这就是当你付不起房租时要发生的事情 |
[42:30] | when you can’t make the rent, | 这就是当你付不起房租时要发生的事情 |
[42:31] | which is the kind of thing you can’t make | 这就是当客户不付款时你做不到的事 |
[42:33] | when clients don’t pay. | 这就是当客户不付款时你做不到的事 |
[42:36] | Are we anywhere close to a settlement | 告诉我关于烟草的案子 |
[42:37] | on the tobacco case? Tell me. | 我们离达成和解还有多远? |
[42:38] | WASHINGTON: Ha. We’re shutting down again. | 哈。我们又要关门了 |
[42:40] | YOUNG: Oh, that’s nice. Any decaffeinated? | 哦,挺不错的,有没有不含咖啡因的? |
[42:42] | DONNELL: I’m serious. I’ve had it. | 我是认真的。我受够了 |
[42:43] | We can’t keep juggling like this. | 我们不能一直这样耍花样 |
[42:44] | You haven’t had it. Don’t tell me you’ve had it | 你还没得到过呢,当你还没有得到的时候 |
[42:46] | when you haven’t had it. | 别告诉我你受够了 |
[42:47] | I’ve had it had it with your being had it. |