| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:00] | Previously The Practice | 剧情简介 | 
| [00:01] | Suddenly airport security comes and tells me I have to get off. | 机场保安突然过来 告诉我必须离开 | 
| [00:04] | Because I was too fat to fly. | 因为我太胖 不适合飞行 | 
| [00:07] | The statute of limitations for suing us has expired. | 你们已经过了诉讼时效 | 
| [00:09] | I would just tell the client | 我会告知当事人 | 
| [00:10] | that we settled and pay them out of my own pocket | 我们和解了 然后自己掏腰包赔偿 | 
| [00:12] | and avoid the whole malpractice thing. | 以此避免陷入不当执业的危机 | 
| [00:15] | They’ve agreed to pay you ten thousand dollars. | 他们同意赔偿你1万美元 | 
| [00:18] | Tell them no. | 告诉他们 不 | 
| [00:20] | This woman thinks the airline offered her ten thousand dollars? | 这女人认为航空公司提议对她赔偿1万美元? | 
| [00:23] | Just help me. | 帮帮我 | 
| [00:24] | Tell your client the truth. | 把真相告诉给你的当事人 | 
| [00:27] | There’s something you need to know. | 有些事你需要了解 | 
| [00:28] | I already know. | 我已经知道了 | 
| [00:29] | And all I can say is thank you. | 谢谢你 我能说的只有这么多 | 
| [00:31] | Mr. Torrance came to my house this morning. | Torrance先生今早来我家了 | 
| [00:33] | He went to Melissa Kenner and pretended to be someone from the airline and settled the case. | 他去见了Melissa Kenner 假扮成航空公司派出负责调解案子的代表 | 
| [00:38] | Well, any chance I get to break the law. | 好吧 只要有犯法的机会我都不会放过 | 
| [00:42] | Why are we having lunch? | 为什么我们要共进午餐? | 
| [00:42] | I think I enjoy the company of inquisitive people. | 我想是因为我喜欢和好奇的人厮混 | 
| [00:45] | Also I find you attractive. | 所以觉得你很有吸引力 | 
| [00:48] | I was so sure, after the case was over that- | 我几乎肯定 这个案子结束后 | 
| [00:51] | That you were expendable? | 我就会把你甩了? | 
| [00:53] | Just the opposite, Diane. | 正好相反 Diane | 
| [00:56] | It’s not a Jewish thing. | 这和犹太人没关系 | 
| [00:58] | What is it then? | 那又是为了什么? | 
| [00:59] | A man and woman thing. | 男女感情的事 | 
| [01:01] | I wanna break up. | 我要分手 | 
| [01:03] | Jamie, you and I, it’s just a thing. | Jamie 咱们俩都知道 | 
| [01:05] | We both know that it’s no big deal. | 这没什么大不了的 | 
| [01:41] | What are you doing? | 你这是干吗? | 
| [01:43] | Just looking. | 看看 | 
| [01:46] | Just looking? | 看看? | 
| [01:49] | I leave. | 我走了 | 
| [01:55] | I perhaps should have shared that prior to getting intimate, but | 或许我本应在和你肌肤相亲之前 就告诉你 但是- | 
| [02:02] | in relationships, I leave. | 在以往的感情经历中 我总是先离开的那个 | 
| [02:07] | Are you leaving now? | 你现在就要离开? | 
| [02:09] | Only to go to work. | 只是去工作 | 
| [02:12] | I don’t mean to suggest any waning interest on my part, to the contrary. | 我不是说我对你的兴趣在消退 恰恰相反 | 
| [02:19] | But in the spirit of honesty¡ | 但是诚实起见… | 
| [02:23] | You leave. | 你要走了 | 
| [02:41] | Okay. | 是这样 | 
| [02:42] | You’ll be transported to the courthouse tomorrow at 8am. | 明早8点你会被押送到法院 | 
| [02:45] | The trial is scheduled for 9. | 审判定在9点 | 
| [02:47] | When do I see my lawyer? | 我什么时候才能见我的律师? | 
| [02:49] | Mr. Berluti will be waiting for you at the courthouse. | Berluti先生会在法院等你 | 
| [02:52] | As will I. | 我也会在那儿 | 
| [02:55] | You might want to think about a plea. | 你或许应该考虑一下认罪 | 
| [02:58] | Aggravated rape could be as much as twenty-five years. | 严重暴力强奸可能会判25年 | 
| [03:01] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你件事吗? | 
| [03:03] | Certainly. | 当然 | 
| [03:04] | How is it that I’m going on trial tomorrow, | 我明天早上就要接受审判 | 
| [03:06] | facing twenty-five years, | 面临25年的刑期 | 
| [03:09] | and I haven’t seen my lawyer in weeks. | 而我几个星期中都没和律师见过面 这样对吗? | 
| [03:11] | He’s been working on the case. | 他在做准备工作 | 
| [03:13] | And he’s quite prepared. | 而且成竹在胸 | 
| [03:16] | I assure you, you’re in very capable hands. | 我向你保证 你的律师很有手段 | 
| [03:58] | The Practice S807 | |
| [04:04] | What are these? | 这是什么? | 
| [04:05] | They’re for Jamie, actually. | 其实是给Jamie的 | 
| [04:07] | Wow, orchids in November. Who from? | 哇 十一月里的兰花 谁送的? | 
| [04:09] | We don’t know. | 不知道 | 
| [04:11] | You ready? | 可以走了吗? | 
| [04:12] | Ah, a little heads up. | 哦 一点小事 | 
| [04:13] | The client’s slightly perturbed not having seen you. | 客户对于没有见过你略感不安 | 
| [04:15] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [04:16] | Let’s go. | 走吧 | 
| [04:18] | Jimmy, hold on a second. | Jimmy 稍等片刻 | 
| [04:20] | You haven’t seen your client? | 你没见过你的当事人? | 
| [04:21] | Not since the arraignment. | 传讯后就没见过 | 
| [04:23] | Tara’s been doing the back and forth with him. | Tara负责居中传话 | 
| [04:25] | I’ve been prepping the case from here. | 我一直在这里为案子做准备 | 
| [04:28] | Hey, you’re the one who said watch our time on the court-appointed cases, Eugene, so | 嗨 宣称在处理法院指定案件时 要”注意时间”的人可是你 Eugene 这― | 
| [04:32] | I said draw limits. | 我说的是”有个限度” | 
| [04:34] | I never said don’t bother to meet with the client. | 我从来没说过 “不用费神去见当事人” | 
| [04:36] | I’m ready to try the case. | 我已经为审理做好准备了 | 
| [04:38] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 | 
| [04:41] | C’mon Tara. | 走吧Tara | 
| [04:48] | Nice. | 真漂亮 | 
| [04:50] | Who from? | 谁送的? | 
| [04:52] | This is kinda private. | 纯属个人问题 | 
| [04:54] | Somebody Jewish, I hope. | 希望是某个犹太人 | 
| [05:00] | I arrived home, I think it was just after 8pm. | 我回到家 我想当时也就刚过8点 | 
| [05:04] | I was picking up Jessica to go out to dinner. | 我要接Jessica出去吃晚餐 | 
| [05:07] | It was her twenty-first birthday. | 那天是她21岁生日 | 
| [05:09] | Jessica is your daughter? | Jessica是你女儿? | 
| [05:11] | Yes. | 是 | 
| [05:12] | I came into the house and I immediately heard noise coming from somewhere. | 我走进房子 立时听到 不知从什么地方传来声音 | 
| [05:16] | What kind of noise, sir? | 什么样的声音 先生? | 
| [05:18] | Well, I really couldn’t identify it at first. | 嗯 一开始的时候 我真的无法判断 | 
| [05:22] | But then I went into the living room | 但是随后我就走进了客厅 | 
| [05:25] | and, uh, I-I saw the cause of the noise. | 然后 嗯 我 我就看见了声音的来源 | 
| [05:30] | What did you see, sir? | 你看见了什么 先生? | 
| [05:34] | I saw my daughter being raped. | 我看见我的女儿正在被人强奸 | 
| [05:40] | I know this is difficult, sir, | 我知道这对您来说很不容易 先生 | 
| [05:41] | but can you describe for the jury exactly what you saw? | 但能否请您向陪审团详细描述一下 你看到的情景? | 
| [05:46] | Jessica was on her back, | Jessica仰面朝天 | 
| [05:49] | on the floor. | 躺在地板上 | 
| [05:51] | That man over there was on top of her. | 那个人骑在她身上 | 
| [05:55] | Her pants were pulled down. | 她的裤子被拽下来 | 
| [05:56] | His too. | 他的也是 | 
| [05:58] | And he was forcing himself inside of her. | 他正在进入她 | 
| [06:01] | Are you sure this is the man you saw on top of your daughter? | 你确定这个人就是骑在你女儿身上的人? | 
| [06:08] | I’m positive it was him. | 我确定 那就是他 | 
| [06:13] | It was him. | 那就是他 | 
| [06:15] | What happened next, Mr. Palmer? | 接下来发生了什么 Palmer先生? | 
| [06:18] | I picked up a shovel by the fireplace | 我拎起壁炉旁边的铲子 | 
| [06:22] | and I knocked him unconscious. | 把他打昏 | 
| [06:25] | Then-then I called 9-1-1. | 然后-然后我打了9-1-1报警 | 
| [06:28] | I tied him up with an electrical cord. | 我用电线把他绑起来 | 
| [06:31] | The police came and got him. | 警察赶到 逮捕了他 | 
| [06:34] | And could you describe for the jury the condition of your daughter? | 能否请您向陪审团描述一下您女儿的状况? | 
| [06:39] | She was beyond hysterical. | 她完全崩溃了 | 
| [06:44] | I’m done, Your Honor. | 我问完了 法官大人 | 
| [07:06] | You said, sir, you heard noises when you entered. | 先生 您提到 当您走进屋子的时候听到怪声 | 
| [07:10] | Did you hear screams? | 您听到尖叫了吗? | 
| [07:12] | I said before I couldn’t identify the noises. | 我之前说过我无法判断那是什么声音 | 
| [07:15] | When you saw what you saw, | 当您见到了您所目睹的一切 | 
| [07:18] | would it be fair to say it caused you feelings of shock? | 如果说它们让您目瞪口呆 是否准确呢? | 
| [07:21] | That would be fair. | 可以说是如此 | 
| [07:23] | Did you see any weapon in my client’s possession? | 您看到我的当事人手中持有任何武器吗? | 
| [07:28] | No. | 没有 | 
| [07:32] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 | 
| [07:40] | You didn’t do nothin’! | 你屁事没干! | 
| [07:41] | Look, Derrick, this was the father of the victim. | 听着 Derrick 他是被害人的父亲 | 
| [07:43] | You’ve got to walk a careful line. | 我们必须谨慎行事 | 
| [07:45] | I’m the victim here, Mr. Berluti. | 我才是被害人 Berluti先生 | 
| [07:46] | Do we not understand that? | 难道我们不明白这一点? | 
| [07:48] | In the eyes of the jury, this man was sympathetic. | 在陪审团眼中 这个人值得同情 | 
| [07:51] | It would have been a mistake for me to beat him up. | 如果我对他声色俱厉 那会是个错误 | 
| [07:53] | So you did nothing? | 于是你就啥也不干? | 
| [07:56] | No. | 我没有 | 
| [07:57] | I established that he didn’t hear screams, which, | 我证实了他没有听到尖叫声 | 
| [07:59] | as the girl’s father he would have remembered hearing. | 作为女孩的父亲 他本应记得听过的 | 
| [08:03] | I established that he went into shock upon seeing the event. | 我证实了他目睹事情发生时十分震惊 | 
| [08:05] | Shock compromises capacity to observe. | 震惊会让观察力打折扣 | 
| [08:09] | Did you explain to Mr. Mills that our theory of defense- | 你向Mills先生解释过我们的辩护策略吗 | 
| [08:11] | Why haven’t you explained it to me? Huh? | 为什么你之前不跟我说? 嗯? | 
| [08:13] | She’s a law student. | 她是一个法学院学生 | 
| [08:14] | Where the hell have you been? | 你他妈的躲哪儿去了? | 
| [08:17] | We got a problem, Mr. Mills? | 有问题吗 Mills先生? | 
| [08:20] | Cuz if we do, I’ve got an easy suggestion. | 因为如果是这样的话 我倒有个小建议 | 
| [08:23] | We can go see the judge and tell her you want a different lawyer. | 我们可以去见法官 告诉她你想换个律师 | 
| [08:26] | I doubt she’ll give you one in the middle of the trial, but hey. | 我很怀疑她会在庭审进行中给你指派一个 | 
| [08:28] | It’s worth a shot. | 但是不妨一试 | 
| [08:30] | You like to take your shots where you find them, eh, Derrick? | 你想赌一把运气吗 Derrick先生? | 
| [08:33] | All right. | 行了行了 | 
| [08:34] | This isn’t helping. | 这样于事无补 | 
| [08:38] | Seems like a nice guy. | 好人一个哦 | 
| [08:40] | He’s angry. | 他很生气 | 
| [08:41] | Yeah, I picked up on that. | 是 我注意到啦 | 
| [08:44] | Jimmy, | |
| [08:45] | if I could play the role of a naive law student for a second, | 可否让我暂时当会儿天真的法学院学生 | 
| [08:50] | There’s no chance that he could be innocent, is there? | 他真的没可能是无辜的吗? | 
| [08:53] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢? | 
| [08:55] | You’re the one who’s been saying he’s guilty. | 是你说的他确实有罪 | 
| [08:57] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [08:58] | I’m sure that he is. | 我敢肯定他有罪 | 
| [09:00] | It’s just that he’s so indignant. | 但是他是如此的愤愤不平 | 
| [09:03] | Lesson number one, Tara. | 第一课 Tara | 
| [09:04] | The guiltier they come, the more indignant they get about being arrested. | 一个人越是有罪 当他被逮捕的时候 就越是会愤愤不平 | 
| [09:08] | Right. | 没错 | 
| [09:11] | Good. | 好吧 | 
| [09:31] | Is there a problem? | 有什么问题吗? | 
| [09:32] | No. | 没有 | 
| [09:33] | Excellent. | 太好了 | 
| [09:36] | So you are here to¡? | 那么你来这里是…? | 
| [09:39] | Alan, I don’t like I’m leaving to be the first words out of a man’s mouth in the morning. | Alan 我不喜欢”我要走了”是一清早 从一个男人嘴里蹦出的第一句话 | 
| [09:44] | Especially after I’ve slept with him the night before. | 特别是在我前一天晚上刚跟他上过床之后 | 
| [09:51] | Could we perhaps discuss this later? | 我们能稍后讨论这个问题吗? | 
| [09:53] | Oh, I’m not here for confrontation, Alan. | 我来这儿不是为了吵架 Alan | 
| [09:56] | Only some clarity. | 只是表明态度 | 
| [09:58] | Will we be seeing each other again? | 我们近期还会再约会吗? | 
| [10:01] | Would tonight be soon enough? | 今晚够近吗? | 
| [10:03] | Yes. | 够 | 
| [10:05] | Fine then. | 那就这么定了 | 
| [10:21] | The man Roland Huff shot. | Roland Huff开枪击中的那个人 | 
| [10:24] | Wasn’t that his sister? | 她是他姐姐? | 
| [10:26] | I believe it was, yes. | 我想是的 | 
| [10:27] | You slept with her? | 你跟她上床了? | 
| [10:28] | I did, actually. | 没错 | 
| [10:30] | Thank you for asking. | 多谢你关心 | 
| [10:34] | Alan. | |
| [11:04] | Do you mind? | 你介意吗? | 
| [11:05] | Sorry, I, uh, uh | 对不起 我 我 | 
| [11:06] | Thought they were firm flowers? | 认为这是送给所里的花? | 
| [11:08] | – Well, since they were out in the open, I thought – I left them on my desk. | – 既然它们放在公共区域 我还以为― – 我把它们放在我桌子上 | 
| [11:13] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [11:15] | Sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [11:19] | You settled Melissa Kenner’s case for twenty-five thousand dollars? | 你以2.5万美元和解了Melissa Kenner的案子? | 
| [11:24] | Uh, oh, yeah. | 嗯 是的 | 
| [11:27] | She was very pleased. | 她很满意 | 
| [11:28] | Hence the flowers. | 所以送花过来 | 
| [11:30] | How come you never told me about the settlement? | 为什么你从来没跟我提过和解的事? | 
| [11:32] | I mean, that’s a pretty good result. | 我的意思是 这结果很不赖 | 
| [11:33] | Well, I-I don’t know. | 嗯 我 我不知道 | 
| [11:35] | I don’t talk about all my cases, Eugene. | 我向来不谈论案子 Eugene | 
| [11:37] | Where’s the money? | 钱在哪儿? | 
| [11:39] | Sorry? | 什么? | 
| [11:40] | Our contingency? | 我们的代理费? | 
| [11:41] | There are no funds in the client’s account. | 当事人户头上没有钱 | 
| [11:44] | So when is the money coming in? | 什么时候款能打过来? | 
| [11:46] | Soon. | 很快 | 
| [11:47] | Very soon. | 马上 | 
| [11:59] | What’s this? | 这是什么? | 
| [12:00] | The contingency on Melissa Kenner. | Melissa Kenner的代理费 | 
| [12:01] | I can’t make deposits as an associate, so I’m giving it to you as a partner. | 作为普通律师我无权存款 所以给你(注:她是权限较高的合伙人) | 
| [12:05] | I’m confused. | 我糊涂了 | 
| [12:06] | We deduct contingencies and then we pay the client. | 我们扣除掉代理费用 然后付给当事人 | 
| [12:09] | Why is this check | 这张支票打哪儿说起 | 
| [12:10] | I forgot. | 我忘了 | 
| [12:11] | The client got the whole thing. | 当事人拿到的是全款 | 
| [12:12] | She cut a money order for us. | 她把我们应得的分出来了 | 
| [12:14] | You forgot? | 你忘了? | 
| [12:16] | You just gave the client the whole thing? | 你把全部款项都付给当事人了? | 
| [12:17] | Look, we got the money. | 行了 我们拿到了钱 | 
| [12:18] | Can you just make the deposit? | 把它存上就得了 | 
| [12:20] | Hello! | 大家好! | 
| [12:22] | Melissa! We were just talking about you. | Melissa! 说曹操曹操到 | 
| [12:24] | I brought a little surprise. | 我带了点小礼物来 | 
| [12:25] | Did you get my flowers? | 收到我送的花了吗? | 
| [12:27] | I did. | 收到了 | 
| [12:28] | Thank you so much. | 多谢你 | 
| [12:29] | Well, I just thought ¨C | 我只是觉得 �C | 
| [12:32] | Mr Torrence! | Torrence先生! | 
| [12:35] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿做什么? | 
| [12:36] | Oh, well, uh, I work here. | 哦 我在这儿工作 | 
| [12:38] | You work here? | 你在这儿工作? | 
| [12:40] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂了 | 
| [12:41] | -Melissa… -You work for the airline? | – 你不是替航空公司工作吗? | 
| [12:44] | The airline? | 航空公司? | 
| [12:45] | It’s just in-house counsel for a big airline. | 不过是为一家大型航空公司提供咨询服务罢了 | 
| [12:49] | It just wasn’t my calling. | 那不是我真心想做的事 | 
| [12:51] | And I was so overwhelmed by Jamie’s dedication to you. | Jamie为你所做的一切让我太感动了 | 
| [12:56] | It so warmed the cockles of my heart. | 我的心被融化了 | 
| [13:00] | I was inspired to shift career direction. | 因此我决定改变职业轨迹 | 
| [13:04] | Thank you, Melissa, | 谢谢你 Melissa | 
| [13:06] | for both the new life and the warm cockles. | 帮我找到新的生命和内心的喜悦 | 
| [13:15] | I was trying to find my way back to find my way back to Storwood Drive, | 那时我正试图回到Storwood路上去 | 
| [13:19] | and I pulled over and asked for directions. | 我把车停在路边 跟人问路 | 
| [13:22] | And suddenly, he just jumped in. | 突然间 他跳了进来 | 
| [13:29] | Who jumped in? | 谁跳了进来? | 
| [13:30] | Him. | 他 | 
| [13:31] | He told me he had a knife. | 他告诉我他有刀 | 
| [13:33] | And told me to drive. | 让我继续开车 | 
| [13:35] | Did you see the knife? | 你看到刀了吗? | 
| [13:37] | No. | 没有 | 
| [13:38] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [13:39] | Then after he told you to drive, then what happened, Jessica? | 那么在他告诉你继续开车后 又发生了什么 Jessica? | 
| [13:43] | He reached inside my purse, | 他把手伸进我包里 | 
| [13:45] | pulled out my wallet and my license. | 拿出钱包和驾照 | 
| [13:48] | He saw the Beacon Hill address. | 他看见驾照上位于Beacon Hill的地址 | 
| [13:51] | He said he wanted some nice Beacon Hill things. | 他说他想从Beacon Hill搞点儿好东西 | 
| [13:56] | And he said if we didn’t go there, he’d kill me. | 然后他说 如果我们不去那里 他就会杀了我 | 
| [14:00] | So you drove to your home? | 于是你就开车回到家中? | 
| [14:02] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [14:04] | He just wanted some stuff to sell to get drugs. | 他不过想顺点儿东西去换毒品 | 
| [14:09] | So I took him in. | 于是我让他进门 | 
| [14:11] | He looked around and then, | 他四周看了一圈 | 
| [14:16] | then he said first he wanted some recreation. | 然后他说 想先找点儿乐子 | 
| [14:22] | And that was the word he used. | 他就是这么说的 | 
| [14:24] | Recreation. | 乐子 | 
| [14:27] | Then, then he grabbed me. | 然后 然后他抓住我 | 
| [14:32] | I tried to scream but it | 我想喊 但是― | 
| [14:36] | Take your time. | 慢慢来 | 
| [14:38] | He pushed me to the floor | 他把我推倒在地上 | 
| [14:43] | and pulled off my jeans. | 扯下我的裤子 | 
| [14:48] | And I was just, | 然后我就 | 
| [14:51] | I was saying to myself, | 我就对自己说 | 
| [14:54] | Dear God. “ | “天呐” | 
| [14:56] | “Please just let me pass out. | “让我昏过去吧” | 
| [15:01] | Did you pass out? | 你昏过去了吗? | 
| [15:06] | And then he was inside me. | 然后他就进入了我 | 
| [15:12] | He was inside me. | 他进入了我 | 
| [15:16] | Jessica, | |
| [15:17] | at any time, | 你是否曾经 | 
| [15:19] | did you consent to having sex with the defendant? | 同意过与被告发生性关系? | 
| [15:23] | No. | 没有 | 
| [15:26] | God, no. | 天呐 没有 | 
| [15:29] | Thank you, Jessica. | 谢谢你 Jessica. | 
| [15:42] | Jessica, | |
| [15:44] | allegation of rape, | 指控别人强奸 | 
| [15:47] | That’s a very serious thing. | 是一件非常严肃的事情 | 
| [15:49] | When you accuse a man of rape, | 当你指控一个人犯下了强奸的罪行 | 
| [15:51] | he could lose his freedom. | 他可能会失去自由 | 
| [15:53] | Does counsel have a question? | 辩方律师有问题要问吗? | 
| [15:56] | Did you willingly have sex with my client only to claim rape after your dad walked in? | 你是不是本来自愿与我的当事人发生性关系 只在你父亲走进来的时候才宣称被强奸了? | 
| [16:02] | No. | 不是 | 
| [16:02] | He forced me. | 他强迫了我 | 
| [16:04] | I see. | 明白 | 
| [16:05] | And have you ever claimed somebody raped you before after having ¨C | 你以前有没有声称过别人强奸了你 在完事之后 �C | 
| [16:08] | Objection! | 反对! | 
| [16:10] | Sustained. Cut it out, counsel. | 反对有效 辩方律师注意措辞 | 
| [16:15] | Isn’t it true you invited my client back to your house? | 你是不是邀请我的当事人跟你回家? | 
| [16:18] | No. | 没有 | 
| [16:21] | It is not true. | 那不是真的 | 
| [16:24] | And I did not extend an invitation to be raped. | 而且我没有”邀请他”强奸我 | 
| [16:34] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 | 
| [16:42] | That went well. | 进展还不错 | 
| [16:44] | Jimmy, it might be my imagination, | Jimmy 可能这只是我的猜测 | 
| [16:47] | but when you asked if she’d ever claimed rape before | 但当你问及 她以前是否宣称被强奸过的时候― | 
| [16:49] | What? | 什么? | 
| [16:50] | Well, it just seemed that the District Attorney was ready for the question. | 哦 只不过看起来似乎检控官早有准备 | 
| [16:55] | He pounced to shut it down. | 他立时转移了话题 | 
| [16:57] | What are you saying? | 你想说什么? | 
| [16:59] | You might have stumbled onto something. | 你可能正好击中了他们的软肋 | 
| [17:06] | I wasn’t in on it. He just did it. | 这事和我无关 他干的 | 
| [17:08] | He pretended to be a representative of the airline? | 他装成航空公司的代表? | 
| [17:11] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [17:13] | First, why didn’t you stop him? | 首先 为什么你不阻止他? | 
| [17:15] | And second, why didn’t you tell me or Eugene? | 其次 为什么你不跟我和Eugene说? | 
| [17:17] | I didn’t know he was going to do it, Ellenor. | 我不知道他会这么做 Ellenor | 
| [17:20] | And I didn’t tell you to protect both him and you. | 而且我不告诉你是为了保护你们两个 | 
| [17:23] | Jamie, you are a second-year associate. | Jamie 你是一个只有两年工作经验的普通律师 | 
| [17:26] | It is not your call whether to tell or not on something like this. | 是不是汇报这类情况不由你决定 | 
| [17:30] | The guy went to bat for me. | 这家伙是想帮我 | 
| [17:32] | – How can I – I don’t care. | – 我怎么能― – 我才不管 | 
| [17:34] | You report to a superior, either me or Eugene. | 你要对主管汇报 不是我就是Eugene. | 
| [17:37] | No exceptions. | 没有例外 | 
| [17:47] | Alan, | |
| [17:48] | can you come into my office please? | 你能到我办公室来一下吗? | 
| [17:51] | Have I been bad? | 我做错事了? | 
| [17:55] | Oh, God, Jimmy. | 噢 天呐 Jimmy | 
| [17:57] | Here it is. | 看这儿 | 
| [17:58] | What? | 什么? | 
| [17:59] | Page thirty-two. | 第32页 | 
| [18:01] | Victim’s father reports two previous unconfirmed claims of rape. | 受害人的父亲之前报告过两起未经证实的强奸 | 
| [18:07] | – Investigated¡unsubstantiated. – ¡unsubstantiated. | – 已调查…查无实证 – …查无实证 | 
| [18:11] | No arrests made. | 未加逮捕 | 
| [18:20] | How could we have missed this? | 我们怎么会漏了这一点? | 
| [18:24] | It’s practically a scribbled footnote. | 只是潦草写就的注脚 | 
| [18:28] | Look. | 看 | 
| [18:29] | It notes even the father doubted the validity of the prior claims. | 上面说即使是当父亲的 也对之前的指控心里没底 | 
| [18:40] | She tells the father she was raped. Twice. | 她跟父亲说她被强奸 两次 | 
| [18:43] | The claims are dismissed. | 指控都被驳回了 | 
| [18:47] | So she sets it up for him to walk in on her | 于是她设计让他正好撞见 | 
| [18:51] | so he’d have to believe her. | 令他不得不相信 | 
| [19:04] | You got fired from your last firm for embezzling. | 你因为挪用公款被前一家律所解雇 | 
| [19:07] | Allegedly. | 那是谣传 | 
| [19:07] | You threatened extortion your first week here. | 你到这里才一个星期就敲诈勒索 | 
| [19:09] | That was an accident. | 纯属意外 | 
| [19:10] | Break privilege, for which you almost got disbarred. | 破坏保密协议 为此差点被剥夺律师资质 | 
| [19:12] | Horseshoes. | 运气不好 | 
| [19:13] | Sleep with witnesses. | 和证人上床 | 
| [19:14] | Just the one. | 只是一个而已 | 
| [19:15] | And now I find out you actually impersonated an opposing party so you could settle a case. | 然后现在我又发现 你假扮对手来促成和解 | 
| [19:21] | That’s not just fraud. | 这已经不是骗人这么简单了 | 
| [19:22] | That’s probably criminal. | 这可是犯罪 | 
| [19:25] | Alan, look at me. | Alan 看着我 | 
| [19:29] | You are seriously self-destructive. | 你有严重的自毁倾向 | 
| [19:33] | Isn’t everybody? | 大家不都一样? | 
| [19:34] | Look, I adore you, you know that. | 听着 我喜欢你 你很清楚 | 
| [19:38] | But this firm is my life. | 但这家律所是我的命根子 | 
| [19:43] | I have to tell Eugene. | 我必须跟Eugene说 | 
| [19:47] | May I ask why? | 能问为什么吗? | 
| [19:49] | He’s a fellow partner. | 他是合伙人 | 
| [19:51] | I have a fiduciary responsibility to him. | 我对他负有受托责任 (合伙双方对彼此负有忠诚谨慎的义务) | 
| [19:54] | And you are exposing him to enormous liability, as you are Jimmy and me. | 而你在把数不清的麻烦推到他头上 我和Jimmy也不例外 | 
| [20:00] | Alan, you are an amazing lawyer. | Alan 你是一个好律师 | 
| [20:05] | But I don’t think it’s going to work out here. | 但我不认为你那一套在这儿行得通 | 
| [20:10] | Are you firing me? | 你要炒了我? | 
| [20:11] | I’m going to talk to Eugene. | 我会和Eugene说 | 
| [20:14] | But I | 但是―我― | 
| [20:17] | But you don’t think it’s going to work out here. | 但你不认为我这套行得通 | 
| [20:27] | The difficult thing about firing him | 要解雇他的难处在于― | 
| [20:29] | Aside from him being your friend | 除了他跟你好― | 
| [20:31] | Is that once again he fell on the sword for somebody else. | 在于他是为了别人好 | 
| [20:34] | This time for the firm, as well as for Jamie. | 这次他这么做是为了事务所 为了Jamie | 
| [20:37] | And he did save us from a malpractice judgment. | 而且他确实帮我们摆脱了不当执业的危险 | 
| [20:41] | And possibly exposed us to something much worse. | 而且可能让我们面对更严重的指控 | 
| [20:48] | Eugene, | |
| [20:50] | since I’m his friend I’m going to have to let you make the call here. | 因为我和他的关系 我把决定权交给你 | 
| [20:55] | In the spirit of objectivity, I just can’t bring myself to do it. | 为求客观 我实在不能做决定 | 
| [21:01] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [21:06] | Ellenor, | |
| [21:09] | in the spirit of objectivity, you’re going to have to deal with Jamie. | 为求客观 你得搞定Jamie | 
| [21:13] | She’s complicit, too. | 她也和我有纠葛 | 
| [21:22] | All right, Mr. Berluti. | 现在 Berluti先生 | 
| [21:23] | You may begin your defense. | 你可以开始辩护 | 
| [21:25] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 十分感谢 法官大人 | 
| [21:26] | The defense re-calls Jessica Palmer. | 辩方重新传召Jessica Palmer | 
| [21:30] | I’m sorry, Your Honor, but if this involves a continuation of cross- | 抱歉 法官大人 但如果这只是交叉质证的延续 – | 
| [21:34] | This is something new. | 是为了新的证词 | 
| [21:34] | Well, I’d appreciate a proffer. | 能否证明确属必须? | 
| [21:37] | Counsel, step up. | 双方律师 请上前 | 
| [21:44] | What is going on? | 怎么回事? | 
| [21:45] | Evidence has come to light that Ms. Palmer has made claims of rape before and | 证据显示Palmer女士此前宣称过被人强奸 而 – | 
| [21:49] | This is rape shield. You can’t get into this. | 这属于强奸隐私 你不能就此发问 (法令禁止谈论性侵害案件中原告性经历) | 
| [21:51] | I Can’t get into it? | 我不能就此发问? | 
| [21:52] | None of us will get into here. | 我们谁都不能在这里讨论这个问题 | 
| [21:54] | Chambers. | 内庭聆讯 | 
| [21:58] | Her sexual past is off limits. | 她的性史不在讨论范围内 | 
| [22:00] | Any questions relating to her sexual past are | 任何与她性史有关的问题都被认为― | 
| [22:02] | This goes to her credibility, not her sexual past. | 这关乎她是否可被采信 而不是她的性史 | 
| [22:05] | This woman alleged rape how many times? | 这个女人以前几次声称被强奸过? | 
| [22:07] | Two. | 两次 | 
| [22:08] | Both times to her father, who was dubious himself | 两次都是对她父亲说的 他自己也很怀疑― | 
| [22:10] | You can’t say this. | 你不能这么说 | 
| [22:11] | I can’t say it? | 我不能这么说? | 
| [22:13] | If she goes around claiming rape | 如果她号称被强奸成瘾― | 
| [22:14] | First of all, you can’t prove these claims were false. | 首先 你不能证明她的话是假的 | 
| [22:17] | And even if you could, it still falls within rape shield. | 即使你可以 它们还是属于强奸隐私 | 
| [22:21] | False rape accusations by the victim are not admissible unless a four-prong test is satisfied. | 被害人此前的虚假强奸指控 只有在具备四个要件的前提下才可被采信 | 
| [22:28] | One prong being, the victim is the only prosecution witness. | 要件一 被害人必须是控方唯一证人 | 
| [22:32] | Which here, she isn’t. | 但在这起案子中 她不是 | 
| [22:35] | We have an eyewitness to the rape. | 我们有强奸目击证人 | 
| [22:36] | Her father. | 她的父亲 | 
| [22:37] | It doesn’t matter. | 这没关系 | 
| [22:39] | I’m not lookin’ to impugn a woman’s sexual past. | 我不想对一个女人的性过往大加指责 | 
| [22:41] | This is only being introduced to impeach | 提出这个只是为了质疑… | 
| [22:44] | I understand. | 我明白 | 
| [22:45] | But there’s no impeachment exception. | 但是质疑不构成例外 | 
| [22:48] | And even if there were, you have a slew of problems, counsel. | 而且即使有特例 你也要面临一大串问题 辩方律师 | 
| [22:52] | First, Mr. Webb states the law correctly. | 首先 Webb先生对法条的阐述没错 | 
| [22:54] | Your Honor | 法官大人― | 
| [22:55] | Second, victim’s testimony has to be confused or inconsistent. | 其次 被害人的证词必须含混不清或前后矛盾 | 
| [23:00] | Hers wasn’t. | 她的并不 | 
| [23:01] | Let me question her | 等我向她提问― | 
| [23:02] | And third, you have to file all questions regarding her sexual past before trial. | 最后 你必须在审讯前提交 所有和她性历史有关的问题 | 
| [23:09] | You didn’t. | 而你没有 | 
| [23:10] | Because I didn’t know. | 因为我当时不知道 | 
| [23:11] | And whose fault is that? | 这是谁的错呢? | 
| [23:12] | It was in the file. | 那就写在案卷里 | 
| [23:13] | Did you read it? | 你看了吗? | 
| [23:15] | They buried it deep in the file, barely a footnote, they didn’t want us to find it. | 他们把它藏得很深 几乎只是个脚注 他们不想让我们发现 | 
| [23:19] | But is was there. | 但是它的确在那儿 | 
| [23:22] | Your Honor, come on. | 法官大人 想想看 | 
| [23:24] | This woman has perhaps falsely claimed rape before. | 这女人可能以前假称过被强奸 | 
| [23:29] | How can it be possible that the jury doesn’t get to hear this. | 怎么可以不让陪审团知道这一点? | 
| [23:32] | You can write your congressman if you don’t like the law, counsel. | 如果你不喜欢这条法律 可以写信给议员 辩方律师 | 
| [23:36] | In here, we simply follow it. | 在这儿 我们只能遵守它 | 
| [23:39] | Any and all evidence of prior rape accusations will not be introduced. | 一切有关此前强奸指控的证据都不能被提出 | 
| [23:55] | You can’t even raise it? | 你连提都不能提? | 
| [23:57] | No. | 不能 | 
| [23:59] | How can this possibly be? | 怎么会这样? | 
| [24:04] | There are specific laws | 有专门的法律规定― | 
| [24:07] | Don’t I have the right to confront my accuser? | 难道我没有权利和指控我的人对质? | 
| [24:10] | Unfortunately, not in rape cases. | 很不幸 在强奸案中 不能 | 
| [24:15] | Look, I know this is unfair. | 听着 我知道这很不公平 | 
| [24:19] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么好 | 
| [24:23] | So what happens next? | 那么接下来会怎么样? | 
| [24:25] | We put you up. | 我们让你出面作证 | 
| [24:27] | You tell your story. | 你来讲述事情经过 | 
| [24:32] | Derrick. | |
| [24:34] | As entitled as you are to anger, | 尽管你有理由愤怒 | 
| [24:37] | you can’t let it overtake you in there. This is important. | 在法庭上你不能让这种情绪战胜理智 这很重要 | 
| [24:40] | Anger is consistent with a rapist. | 愤怒总是与强奸犯连在一起 | 
| [24:44] | You need to keep it together. | 你得记住 | 
| [24:53] | I’m not firing you. | 我不会解雇你 | 
| [24:56] | But if this were a big firm, | 但如果这是家大律所 | 
| [24:58] | or perhaps any firm other than this one, | 或者是另外的一家律所 | 
| [25:02] | you would be fired. | 你就得卷铺盖了 | 
| [25:04] | You do know that. | 你得明白 | 
| [25:08] | What’s happening to Alan? | Alan会怎么样? | 
| [25:10] | It’s Eugene’s decision, so, | 那由Eugene来决定 所以 | 
| [25:13] | he’s likely gone. | 他可能得走人 | 
| [25:19] | Did you hear what I just said? | 刚才我说的你听清楚了吗? | 
| [25:22] | I did. | 听清楚了 | 
| [25:26] | Well, do you have a responses? | 那么 你有什么意见? | 
| [25:30] | I’m sure I do, | 我当然有 | 
| [25:33] | but I’m distracted at the moment. | 不过这会儿没有心情 | 
| [25:35] | Can I get back to you? | 晚一点再答复你? | 
| [25:40] | I have given you an opportunity, | 我刚给了你一个机会 | 
| [25:42] | perhaps your last opportunity, to account for yourself. | 也许是你最后的机会 来替你自己辩护 | 
| [25:48] | You need to tell me your thinking now. | 你必须现在就告诉我你的想法 | 
| [25:51] | Eugene, trust me, if I shared my thoughts with you, you’d regard them as disrespectful, | Eugene 相信我 你会认为那很不礼貌 如果我现在就对你说出我的想法 | 
| [25:54] | rather than a product of my preoccupation, which I assure you is all it is. | 而不是深思熟虑后的回答 我跟你保证结果会是这样的 | 
| [26:01] | Talk. | 说 | 
| [26:04] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [26:07] | I went to bed with a lovely woman the other night. | 那天我跟一个非常漂亮的女人上床了 | 
| [26:11] | She had an extremely fetching body | 她的身体极其迷人 | 
| [26:16] | which, believe it or not, I wasn’t aware of prior to the lovemaking. | 信不信由你 在开始做爱前我根本没注意到 | 
| [26:22] | The reason for that is, she dresses to desexualize herself. | 之所以会这样 是因为她穿得非常中性化 | 
| [26:29] | And that led me to believe that perhaps there’s some dark backstory I’m not privy to. | 这让我相信 或许有某些不为我所知的隐情 | 
| [26:36] | I do know she seems sad. | 我确实知道她看起来很伤心 | 
| [26:40] | And then it got me to thinking, | 然后这让我开始想到 | 
| [26:43] | most of my relationships have been with sad women. | 我总是和悲伤的女人谈恋爱 | 
| [26:47] | And I was wondering why, | 于是我开始疑惑这是为什么 | 
| [26:49] | what does that say about me? | 这对我意味着什么? | 
| [26:53] | In the end, it always comes back to me. | 到头来 总是我自己的问题 | 
| [27:02] | Comments? | 有何评论? | 
| [27:07] | She picked you up? | 是她勾搭的你? | 
| [27:09] | Yes. | 是 | 
| [27:11] | I was on my way home from work. | 我正下班回家 | 
| [27:12] | What do you do, sir? | 你做什么工作 先生? | 
| [27:14] | I’m a foreman at a furniture warehouse. | 我在一家家具店当工长 | 
| [27:16] | I was on my way home, walking down Tremont and | 我在回家的路上 沿着Tremont街往下走 | 
| [27:18] | she pulled over to ask me for directions. | 她在路边停车 向我问路 | 
| [27:20] | Jessica Palmer? | 是Jessica Palmer吗? | 
| [27:22] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [27:23] | And then she started talkin’ me up. | 然后她开始跟我搭讪 | 
| [27:25] | Then, she asked me if I wanted to climb in, go for a drive. | 接着 她问我是否愿意上车兜兜风 | 
| [27:29] | She invited you into her car? | 她请你进入她的汽车? | 
| [27:32] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [27:33] | It struck me as strange, too. | 开始我也觉得很奇怪 | 
| [27:34] | Plus, she seemed shy, so what she was sayin’ wasn’t exactly in keepin’ with her scared-like personality, | 另外 她看上去很害羞 从她说的话 并不能看出她的邪恶本性 | 
| [27:40] | but that’s what happened. | 但事情就是这样 | 
| [27:41] | Okay. So, you got in? | 好的 于是你就上了车? | 
| [27:44] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [27:44] | Then she started talkin’ about it was her twenty-first birthday and | 然后她开始说那天是她21岁生日 | 
| [27:47] | tellin’ me how she had lived a sheltered life, | 告诉我她过着多么闷的生活 | 
| [27:49] | how she hadn’t lived, how she hadn’t done wild things and stuff like that. | 根本就没有活过 没做过狂野的事 诸如此类 | 
| [27:53] | And the next thing, she’s inviting me back to her place. | 接下来 她就邀请我跟她回家 | 
| [27:55] | Just like that? | 就这样? | 
| [27:56] | Just like that. | 就这样 | 
| [27:58] | It’s the truth. | 事实如此 | 
| [27:59] | And you said yes? | 然后你就答应了? | 
| [28:01] | Attractive women don’t pull over every day and invite me home. | 不是每天都有美女在路边停车然后邀我回家的 | 
| [28:05] | So what happened after you got to her place? | 你到她家里之后又发生了什么? | 
| [28:08] | We went inside. | 我们进门 | 
| [28:10] | She was very forword, sexually. | 她很开放 在性这方面 | 
| [28:12] | She said it was like some kind of fantasy of hers. | 她说这就像她的一个梦想 | 
| [28:15] | She wanted to pick up some guy in her car and take him home and make love to him. | 随便搭上某个男人 开车带回家 然后跟他做爱 | 
| [28:19] | And I made some crack like, | 那会儿我寻思着 | 
| [28:21] | yeah, it’s my fantasy too. | “耶 这也是我的梦想啊” | 
| [28:23] | I mean, she didn’t even want to go to her bedroom. | 她甚至都不想到卧室去干 | 
| [28:24] | She wanted to make love right there on the floor. | 她要求就在地板上嘿咻 | 
| [28:27] | Be wild. | 狂野一点 | 
| [28:29] | Mr. Mills, this sounds like a very aggressive woman. | Mills先生 听起来她好像是一个很主动的女人 | 
| [28:32] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [28:33] | And she had that same shy demeanor as she had in this witness chair. | 而她说这话的时候 害羞的样子 和站在证人席上时没有分别 | 
| [28:36] | It didn’t make sense, | 似乎很荒谬 | 
| [28:37] | but that’s what she said. | 但她就是那么说的 | 
| [28:38] | She wanted to have sex, and we did. | 她想做爱 我们就做了 | 
| [28:41] | And in the middle, her father comes in and hits me with a shovel. | 干到一半 她爹进来了 用铲子打昏了我 | 
| [28:46] | And that’s what happened. | 这就是事情的经过 | 
| [28:47] | As God is my witness, that’s what happened. | 老天在上 这就是事实经过 | 
| [28:53] | Problem is, we have another witness and he saw you committing a rape. | 问题在于 另外一个目击证人 他看见你实施强奸 | 
| [28:57] | We were making love. | 我们在做爱 | 
| [28:58] | Which she consented to. | 她同意的 | 
| [28:59] | This woman picks up a total stranger, drives him to her home in Beacon Hill and asks him to make love to her? | 这女人搭上一个陌生人 载着他 到位于Beacon Hill的家里 让他跟自己做爱? | 
| [29:06] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [29:06] | You wouldn’t go into somebody’s house uninvited, would you Mr. Mills? | 你不会未经邀请闯入别人家 是吗 Mills先生? | 
| [29:12] | Ever been convicted of a crime, sir? | 即使以前被指控过 先生? | 
| [29:15] | Ten years ago. | 十年前的事了 | 
| [29:17] | Breaking and entering? | 入门盗窃? | 
| [29:18] | That’s not who I am today. | 我已经改过自新了 | 
| [29:19] | One assault. | 一次人身攻击 | 
| [29:20] | I was a kid back then. | 那时我还小 | 
| [29:20] | I’m a thirty-year-old man now. | 我现在已经三十而立 | 
| [29:22] | I made a life for myself. | 开始了崭新的生活 | 
| [29:25] | Why didn’t you wear a condom? | 为什么你不用避孕套? | 
| [29:30] | I didn’t have one. | 我身上没带 | 
| [29:31] | Neither did she. | 她也没有 | 
| [29:32] | Gee, that seems odd. | 天呐 听起来有点怪 | 
| [29:33] | This woman solicits a total stranger for sex and she’s not going to have a condom? | 这个女人求一个陌生人跟她做爱 手边却不准备好一个避孕套? | 
| [29:40] | That’s a death wish, isn’t it Mr. Mills? | 那不是找死吗 Mills先生? | 
| [29:42] | Well, maybe she’s got a death wish. | 呃 也许她就是想找死呢 | 
| [29:44] | Maybe she had some disease where she needs to fake it | 也许她有什么毛病 想要遮掩- | 
| [29:47] | Move to strike! | 请求不予记录! | 
| [29:47] | Mr. Mills! | Mills先生! | 
| [29:48] | Well, why can’t I say it? | 为什么我不能说? | 
| [29:49] | Mr. Mills, I will direct you to answer the District Attorney’s question. | Mills先生 请你回答地区检察官的问题 | 
| [29:53] | He asked me if she had a death wish. It goes to her disease. | 是他问我她是不是找死 所以我说她可能有病 | 
| [29:55] | Mr. Mills, I sincerely don’t want to prejudice your case. | Mills先生 我真的不想对你的案子抱有偏见 | 
| [29:59] | Members of the jury there is no evidence before you concerning the victim having a disease. | 陪审团成员 没有证据表明被害人患有疾病 | 
| [30:04] | You are to disregard such rants from the defendant | 你们必须忽略被告的这番咆哮 | 
| [30:07] | Objection! | 反对! | 
| [30:07] | He’s not ranting, Your Honor, and | 他没有咆哮 法官大人 而且― | 
| [30:09] | Mr. Berluti, we can stop this proceeding right now and complicate everybody’s lives. | Berluti先生 我们可以就此中止审讯 让事情复杂化 | 
| [30:15] | There are rules of evidence. | 法庭上讲证据规则 | 
| [30:17] | We will all play by those rules. | 我们都必须遵循这些规则 | 
| [30:24] | Mr. Webb? | Webb先生? | 
| [30:25] | I’m done, Your Honor. | 我问完了 法官大人 | 
| [30:27] | Very wise decision. | 明智选择 | 
| [30:41] | Hey. | 嗨 | 
| [30:42] | Hey. | 嗨 | 
| [30:45] | Did you fire him? | 你把他炒了吗? | 
| [30:47] | Don’t ask me why, but no. | 别问我为什么 没有 | 
| [30:50] | Maybe you like him. | 也许你喜欢他 | 
| [30:52] | I do not like that man, | 我不喜欢那个人 | 
| [30:52] | it had nothing to do with that. | 那事与这无关 | 
| [30:57] | You fire Jamie? | 你把Jamie解雇了吗? | 
| [31:00] | No. | 没有 | 
| [31:06] | How you doing, Eugene? | 你怎么样 Eugene? | 
| [31:08] | Me? Fine. | 我? 不赖 | 
| [31:12] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [31:32] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿做什么? | 
| [31:33] | I just came in for a drink. | 我来喝一杯 | 
| [31:35] | I didn’t know you’d be here. | 我不知道你会在这里 | 
| [31:38] | I’m here every night and you know it. | 我每天晚上都在这里 你清楚得很 | 
| [31:43] | You had discretion to let that stuff in | 你可以让那个证据被采纳― | 
| [31:46] | Get lost, or I’ll hold you in contempt. | 马上消失 否则我以藐视法庭罪拘捕你 | 
| [31:48] | I’ll risk contempt. | 我宁愿冒这个险 | 
| [31:50] | That woman cries wolf with rape. | 那女人玩惯了嚷嚷被强奸的把戏 | 
| [31:52] | She set the whole thing up for her father to walk in on. | 她布置了整件事情 让她父亲正好撞见 | 
| [31:55] | Prove it in court, Jimmy. | 在法庭上证明 Jimmy | 
| [31:57] | My client is innocent. | 我的当事人是无辜的 | 
| [31:59] | You know it. | 你知道 | 
| [32:00] | That’s probably why you’re in here getting drunk. | 这就是为什么你要到这里借酒浇愁 | 
| [32:03] | Wrong again. I get drunk every night. | 又错了 我每天如此 | 
| [32:08] | I know you, Roberta. | 我了解你 Roberta | 
| [32:10] | I know your heart and I know your sense of fairness. | 我明白你的心 知道你想追求公正 | 
| [32:14] | This is something you can fix. | 这件事你能挽回 | 
| [32:15] | Jimmy, you are a lawyer appearing before me in a trial. | Jimmy 你是我正审理的案子中的涉案律师 | 
| [32:20] | This is ex parte. | 现在这样叫做单方会晤 | 
| [32:22] | After this case is over, if you want to sit next to me, fine. | 这个案子结束后 如果你愿意坐在我旁边 没问题 | 
| [32:25] | We can share a drink. | 我们可以一起喝一杯 | 
| [32:27] | Who knows, I might even wet your whistle after. | 谁知道呢 我可能还会请你再来一杯 | 
| [32:29] | But for now, get your ass off that stool. | 但是现在 给我滚的远远的 | 
| [32:35] | You’re a vulgar, desperate woman. | 你真是个粗俗的恶婆娘 | 
| [32:38] | All the more reason to remain a good judge, then. | 所以更要当个好法官 | 
| [32:42] | Now beat it. | 现在开路吧 | 
| [32:59] | You heard the victim. | 你们听到了被害人的陈述 | 
| [33:01] | You heard from an eyewitness who saw the rape in progress. | 你们听到了眼见强奸发生的目击证人的证词 | 
| [33:05] | The defendant says it was consensual. | 被告宣称一切出于自愿 | 
| [33:08] | Consensual sex does not look like rape, ladies and gentlemen. | 自愿性交和强奸是有区别的 女士们先生们 | 
| [33:13] | And consider the logic of what the defendant is asking you to believe. | 至于说被告人请求你们相信的他的逻辑 | 
| [33:17] | That Jessica Palmer picked up a strange man | Jessica Palmer在一个治安极为糟糕的街区 | 
| [33:20] | a felon in a terrible section of town, | 勾搭上一个陌生人 一个罪犯 | 
| [33:23] | brought him back to her place to have unprotected sex, | 把他带回家 与他进行无保护的性交 | 
| [33:26] | all the while knowing her father would either be there or be there shortly. | 所有这一切 都在她明知父亲在家 或马上回家的情况下发生 | 
| [33:32] | That really sounds credible, doesn’t it? | 听上去多么可信 不是吗? | 
| [33:36] | And what would be her motive for making this up? | 而她编造这一切的动机又是什么? | 
| [33:41] | Because rape trials are fun? | 因为强奸案审判很好玩? | 
| [33:46] | The eyewitness was her father, | 目击证人是她的父亲 | 
| [33:47] | who basically admitted he went into shock as soon as he entered the room. | 他承认了 当他进入房间时惊得目瞪口呆 | 
| [33:52] | Can we completely trust his version of what he thinks he saw? | 我们可以完全相信他对所看到的事情的描述吗? | 
| [33:56] | No. | 不能 | 
| [33:58] | This case comes down to Jessica Palmer’s word against Derrick Mills’. | 这件案子的核心在于 Jessica Palmer关于Derrick Mills的证词 | 
| [34:03] | Might you be more inclined to believe her? | 你们应该相信她多一点吗? | 
| [34:06] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [34:07] | Okay. | 没问题 | 
| [34:08] | But can we know she’s telling the truth beyond all reasonable doubt. | 但是我们是否知道她说的排除了所有合理怀疑 | 
| [34:14] | And you want to talk about logic? | 要讨论逻辑问题? | 
| [34:16] | My client’s prints were all over the car, all over the house. | 我的代理人的指纹遍布汽车 遍布房间 | 
| [34:21] | He’s got a record. | 他有犯罪记录 | 
| [34:21] | His prints are on file with the police. | 警方有他的指纹存档 | 
| [34:25] | He’s going to rape somebody and leave that kind of evidence behind? | 他会留下这些证据去对某人实施强奸? | 
| [34:29] | He’s going to leave his semen there for easy DNA identification? | 他会留下自己的精液 一个简单的 DNA测试就足以证明他的身份? | 
| [34:33] | Does that make sense to you? | 那样做合乎情理吗? | 
| [34:35] | Something’s going on here, folks. | 这件案子有隐情 各位 | 
| [34:39] | The D.A. asks what would be her motive to lie? | 地方检察官问 她撒谎的动机是什么? | 
| [34:43] | We can’t know. | 我们无法获知 | 
| [34:45] | We have rape shield laws that prohibit us from getting into her story. | 强奸隐私法禁止我们讨论她的性史 | 
| [34:51] | But let me ask you this. | 但是请允许我这样问 | 
| [34:53] | Does it feel like you’ve got the whole story? | 你们真的觉得了解事情的全部吗? | 
| [34:57] | Does it? | 真的吗? | 
| [35:11] | Are you not going to work today? | 你今天不去工作? | 
| [35:13] | I am, I just thought I might hover a bit this morning. | 我去 只不过想偷得浮生半日闲 | 
| [35:20] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么? | 
| [35:22] | Why does everybody so readily ask that question today? | 为什么这年月所有人都特别爱问这个问题? | 
| [35:26] | It’s as common as How’s the weather? | 就跟”天气如何”一样普遍 | 
| [35:29] | It’s cheating. | 这是欺骗 | 
| [35:31] | People should be required to figure it out. | 应当要求加以改正 | 
| [35:40] | Has a man ever asked you to disrobe? | 以前有男人要求你脱光衣服吗? | 
| [35:44] | I don’t mean go to bed, | 我不是说上床 | 
| [35:45] | I mean simply asked you to disrobe from across the room so he might look at you? | 我的意思是 只是要求你在房间那边 脱光衣服 而他可以看着你? | 
| [35:51] | No. | 没有 | 
| [35:53] | Would you like to be asked that? | 你想被人这样请求吗? | 
| [35:57] | I don’t know. | 不知道 | 
| [35:59] | Like I said, I’ve never been asked. | 像我说过的 没人这样问过 | 
| [36:02] | Would you like to be asked? | 你想被人问吗? | 
| [36:08] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [36:11] | Interesting. | 有意思 | 
| [36:24] | If you think I’m asking only because you want me to, | 如果你觉得我之所以请求 只是因为你想我这么做 | 
| [36:27] | I assure you I’m being genuine. | 我向你保证 我是真诚的 | 
| [36:33] | Would you take off your robe? | 你愿意脱掉长袍吗? | 
| [37:10] | How long have they been out? | 他们讨论了多长时间了? | 
| [37:13] | Almost five hours, which I guess it’s good. | 将近5个小时 我猜是好兆头 | 
| [37:17] | It means they at least gotta be asking questions. | 这意味着他们至少会提出问题 | 
| [37:20] | Yeah. | 没错 | 
| [37:21] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 能跟你说两句话吗? | 
| [37:36] | It was in the file that she had claimed rape before? | 档案里记着她以前宣称被强奸过? | 
| [37:43] | So if you had filed your questions with the court as required, | 那么如果你按照要求向法庭提交过问题 | 
| [37:46] | you probably would have been able to cross examine the victim on it. | 你或许本可以就此对受害人进行交叉质证 | 
| [37:49] | You don’t need to tell me. | 这不用你说 | 
| [37:51] | Okey. | 好吧 | 
| [37:52] | You and I both know | 咱们俩都知道 | 
| [37:55] | the idea that every defendant is entitled to an adequate defense is a lie. | 所谓的每个被告都有权享受充分辩护 不过是个谎言 | 
| [38:02] | Defense lawyers, many times, | 很多时候 辩护律师 | 
| [38:03] | barely bother to meet the client or read the file. | 根本不去费事与代理人见面 或是阅读案卷 | 
| [38:06] | Some even doze during trials. | 有些人甚至在审讯时打瞌睡 | 
| [38:08] | Lawyers phone it in all the time. | 律师的手机总响个不停 | 
| [38:11] | But for it to happen here, | 但是这种事发生在这里 | 
| [38:14] | for a lawyer in this firm to be as blatantly unprepared, | 作为这家事务所的一名律师 而如此毫无准备 | 
| [38:18] | court-appointed or not¡ | 不管是不是法庭指定… | 
| [38:20] | If we lose, | 如果我们输了官司 | 
| [38:22] | I’ll prepare the inadequate defense appeal myself. | 我自己就会以辩护不充分为由提起上诉 | 
| [38:35] | Yeah? | 喂? | 
| [38:38] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [38:41] | Your jury’s back. | 陪审团有结论了 | 
| [38:48] | Will the defendant please rise? | 被告请起立 | 
| [38:55] | Members of the jury have you reached a verdict? | 陪审团是否已作出裁决? | 
| [38:59] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 | 
| [39:02] | What say you? | 请宣读 | 
| [39:04] | Commonwealth versus Derrick Mills, | 联邦起诉Derrick Mills | 
| [39:06] | on the charge of forcible rape, | 强奸一案 | 
| [39:09] | we find the defendant, Derrick Mills, | 我们一致裁决 被告Derrick Mills | 
| [39:13] | guilty. | 罪名成立 | 
| [39:17] | This concludes your service. | 法庭为你们所做出的服务 | 
| [39:18] | The court thanks you. | 表示感谢 | 
| [39:20] | Security will take the defendant into custody. | 请庭警将被告押至看守所 | 
| [39:23] | We are adjourned. | 休庭 | 
| [39:31] | Derrick. | |
| [39:34] | Derrick, look at me. | Derrick看着我 | 
| [39:38] | I will get you out. | 我会帮你脱罪 | 
| [39:40] | Whatever I have to do. | 不惜一切代价 | 
| [39:42] | I will get you out. | 我会帮你脱罪 | 
| [40:20] | Where is Jimmy now? | Jimmy人呢? | 
| [40:22] | He went home. | 回家了 | 
| [40:24] | He’s pretty devastated. | 身心颇受打击 | 
| [40:26] | Call him. He needs to get to work on the appeal. | 打电话给他 他得着手进行上诉的事宜 | 
| [40:28] | Eugene, I should have caught this, too. | Eugene这件事上我也有责任 | 
| [40:31] | Yes, you should have. | 确实 你有责任 | 
| [40:33] | But you’re a third-year law student. | 但你是法律系三年级的学生 | 
| [40:35] | He’s not. | 他不是 | 
| [40:39] | You’re not going to ask me my thoughts, are you? | 你不打算问我意见 对吧 | 
| [40:46] | Eugene, | |
| [40:48] | Ellenor said something about me being self-destructive. | Ellenor谈及一些关于我自毁的事情 | 
| [40:51] | It was probably just conversation filler, I really don’t know. | 或许只是没话找话说 我不确定 | 
| [40:55] | But I assure you if I am, | 但我能向你保证 | 
| [40:57] | unwittingly or unconsciously trying to take anybody down, | 要是我不经意或无意识弄垮什么 | 
| [41:03] | it isn’t you. | 那绝不是你 | 
| [41:05] | Or this law firm. | 也绝不会是这事务所 | 
| [41:17] | You’re on my stool. | 你把我位置占了 | 
| [41:27] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [41:29] | Your ruling was correct. | 你的裁决是对的 | 
| [41:32] | And any this was my doing. | 还有 这是我的错 | 
| [41:38] | I just came to say that. | 我只是来着告诉你 | 
| [41:45] | Now that the case is over, I was wondering if your offer’s still good. | 既然案子已经结了 你的提议对我来说还是否适用 | 
| [41:51] | I mean, to have a drink together. | 我意思是 一起喝一杯 | 
| [41:55] | The case isn’t over. | 案子并没有结束 | 
| [41:58] | There’s still sentencing. | 还没宣判呢 | 
| [42:03] | But I suppose there’s nothing wrong in drinking separately on adjacent stools, | 但我想坐两隔壁 各自喝一杯应该问题不大 | 
| [42:09] | enjoying the illusion of company, I guess. | 享受在我俩结伴同饮的幻想中 我想 | 
| [42:17] | I could use it. | 我可以融入幻想 | 
| [42:22] | So could I. | 我也能 |