时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | office down! office down! | 警员受伤!警员受伤! |
[00:08] | office down! | 警员受伤! |
[00:12] | Get on the ground! Come on get down! | 趴在地上! 快趴下! |
[00:16] | Oh God. I didn’t do anything. Get off of me. | 老天 我什么都没干 放开我! |
[00:18] | Who is he? What’s his name? | 他是谁?叫什么名字? |
[00:20] | Get off me. I didn’t do anything. | 放开我 我什么都没做! |
[00:21] | Corner of Columbus and Temple. | Columbus街和Temple街转角 |
[00:24] | -I said, who is he? -Get the hell off me! | – 我问你 他是谁? – 快放开我! |
[00:26] | -Where is your buddy? -I didn’t do anything man! | – 你的同伙在哪里? – 我什么都没干! |
[00:27] | I swear to God I didn’t do anything. | 我对天发誓 什么都没做! |
[00:29] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[00:32] | Stop! | 站住! |
[00:37] | I said stop! | 我让你站住! |
[00:55] | Halt! | 停下! |
[00:56] | Don’t move! Stop! Stop running! | 别动!别跑! |
[01:00] | Freeze! Freeze! | 别动!别动! |
[01:03] | Put your¡. | 把你的… |
[01:09] | Call it in. | 向上汇报 |
[01:10] | 32. Suspects down. Got one in custody. | 32号 嫌疑犯被捕 一个在押 |
[01:14] | One in the alley off 93rd street. | 一个在93街的小巷中被拿下 |
[01:16] | Where is the gun? | 枪呢? |
[01:17] | I don’t have a gun. | 我没有枪 |
[01:18] | Where’s the gun? | 枪在哪? |
[01:19] | I ain’t gotta gun! | 我没有枪 |
[01:19] | Where’s the gun?! | 枪在哪里?! |
[01:20] | I ain’t gotta gun! | 我没有枪! |
[01:26] | -Go look for it! -Allright. | – 去找找! – 好的 |
[01:28] | You guys heard him. Split up. | 你们听到命令了 分头去找 |
[01:30] | Martinez you and Davis take the alley. Let’s go. | Martinez 你和Davis在这个巷子里找 |
[01:32] | Look everywhere. | 每处都找遍 |
[02:09] | The Practice S8E11 | |
[02:14] | How late are you going to stay? | 你打算呆到多晚? |
[02:16] | I can’t study at home. | 在家我没法学习 |
[02:18] | How about sleeping at home? | 那在家睡觉呢? |
[02:19] | It’s almost eleven o’clock. | 都快11点了 |
[02:21] | Alright. I’m almost done. | 好吧 我快完成了 |
[02:29] | -Hello. -Hello,yes ma’am. | – 你好 – 你好 女士 |
[02:30] | I need to speak to Jimmy Berluti. | 我要跟Jimmy Berluti通话 |
[02:32] | Ahm, Mr. Berluti isn’t here at the moment. Our office hours are¡ | 嗯…Berluti先生现在不在 我们的营业时间是… |
[02:34] | You have to find him. It’s emergancy.Page him. | 你得找到他 十万火急 传呼他 |
[02:36] | -Who are you sir? -My name is Joe Moran. He knows me. | – 先生 你是谁? – 我叫Joe Moran 他认识我 |
[02:39] | The police are torturing a friend of mine. | 警察正在拷问我的一个朋友 |
[02:41] | And I need to get a lawyer down here right now. | 我需要一个律师马上过来 |
[02:42] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[02:43] | No. No. I can’t hold on. | 不 不 我不能等 |
[02:44] | They’ve got him in a room and he has been shot. | 他中枪了 他们把他带进了一个房间 |
[02:46] | Who? Who’s been shot? | 谁?谁中枪了? |
[02:47] | My friend. | 我的朋友 |
[02:48] | The police think that he shot a cop. they’ve got him in a room. | 警察以为他打伤了一个警察 他们把他关在一个房间里 |
[02:51] | We are at Brook Ridge Hospital. | 我们在Brook Ridge医院 |
[02:52] | They threw the doctors out. | 他们把医生都赶出来了 |
[02:53] | And now he is screaming. | 现在他在里面大叫 |
[02:54] | -Alright.Wait. Wait. -No no no. | – 好的 等一会 等等 – 不行 不行 |
[02:55] | Find Jimmy Berluti. | 去找到Jimmy Berluti |
[02:56] | I’m going to put you on with Jamie Stringer | 我让Jamie Stringer来跟你说 |
[02:58] | she is a fine lawyer | 她是个优秀的律师 |
[02:59] | and she is very anxious to speak with you. | 她很乐意跟你通话 |
[03:01] | -No, no I want Jimmy. -hold on sir | – 不 不 我想找Jimmy – 等一下 先生 |
[03:08] | Jamie Stringer how can I help you? | 我是Jamie Stringer 有什么能帮你的? |
[03:11] | You just had to pawn it off on me. | 你就非得把这事栽到我头上 |
[03:13] | I am not a member of the BAR. | 我还没有律师资格 |
[03:14] | You were a member of the BAR last week for that Chinese guy. | 上周为了那个中国人你就有啦? |
[03:18] | Keep paging Jimmy. | 继续呼Jimmy |
[03:23] | Excuse me.Are you Miss Stringer? | 抱歉 你是Stringer小姐吗? |
[03:25] | -Joe? -Yeah. | – 是我 |
[03:26] | They have him in a room back here. | 他们把他关在后面一个房间里 |
[03:29] | They are going to kill him I swear to God. | 我发誓他们会杀了他 |
[03:30] | What a minute. Before I¡ | 等一下 在这之前… |
[03:31] | They think he shot a cop, but he didn’t. | 他们以为他射伤了一个警察 但他并没有 |
[03:34] | That’s him screaming. | 那是他的叫声 |
[03:35] | They’ve got him back there. | 他们把他关在那边 |
[03:36] | Are the doctors with him? | 医生在里面吗? |
[03:37] | No, it’s just the police. | 没有 只有警察 |
[03:46] | You can’t go in there. | 你不能进去 |
[03:46] | Yes I can. | 我当然可以 |
[03:47] | -I’m his lawyer. -I don’t care who you are. | – 我是他的律师 – 我不管你是谁 |
[03:54] | -You can make it easier for yourself … -Hey! | – 你可以不用受这些罪… – 嘿! |
[03:57] | -This man is now represented by counsel. -You need to leave. | – 这人现在有律师为他辩护 – 你得出去 |
[03:59] | -Get her out of here. -No, I’m¡ | – 把她带出去 – 不行 我是… |
[04:00] | -Let’s go. -No, I’m not going anywhere. | – 走吧 – 不 我不会离开 |
[04:04] | -Get your hands off of me! -move! | – 把你的手拿开! – 走! |
[04:04] | Get your hands off me! | 把你的手拿开! |
[04:14] | Take these off of me | 把这个打开! |
[04:15] | Shut up! | 闭上你的嘴! |
[04:21] | Move that chair, I don’t want to hear her. | 把椅子抬走 我不想听见她的声音 |
[04:29] | Eugene, we have a situation. | Eugene 我们这里出了状况 |
[04:38] | She is right through there. | 她就在那边 |
[04:39] | -They handcuffed her? -Yes. | – 她被上了手铐? – 是的 |
[04:49] | Get the cuffs off now! | 马上把手铐打开! |
[04:50] | She is interfering in an investigation. | 她干涉警方的调查 |
[04:52] | Get those handcuffs off that woman now | 把这个女人身上的手铐打开 |
[04:54] | or I will make it my mission in life | 不然我会费劲毕生精力 |
[04:55] | to bring down your entire department. | 告倒你们整个部门 |
[04:57] | Eugene. | |
[04:58] | What the hell is going on here? | 这里到底发生什么了? |
[04:59] | What is going on is your client shot a police officer | 发生的事就是 你们的委托人射伤了一个警察 |
[05:02] | who is now in surgery. | 他现在正在外科手术中 |
[05:03] | That is a brutality claim | 这是暴力执法 |
[05:05] | That’s a civil rights criminal violation. | 那是违法侵犯公民权 |
[05:09] | Take the handcuffs off. | 把手铐打开 |
[05:12] | Keep her away from us. | 把她带走 |
[05:14] | We want to see our client. | 我们要见委托人 |
[05:15] | that’s not possible. | 这不可能 |
[05:16] | Your client is currently being questioned. | 你们的委托人正在接受询问 |
[05:20] | He asked for his lawyer. | 他要求见律师 |
[05:21] | Fine. | 那好 |
[05:22] | File your motion to suppress, | 你去投诉吧 |
[05:23] | but you are not going in that room. | 但你不能进那个病房 |
[05:24] | He’s being denied medical treatment. | 你们不让他接受治疗 |
[05:26] | The doctor said his injury isn’t life threatening. | 医生说他的伤没有生命危险 |
[05:27] | He has been shot and those thugs in there | 他中了枪 而那些暴徒在里面 |
[05:29] | are sticking a flashlight into an open wound. | 用手电筒戳他的伤口 |
[05:32] | The next lawyer that goes into room | 下一个进去的律师 |
[05:33] | will be arrested for obstruction of justice. | 会以妨碍司法公正罪被捕 |
[05:35] | -We have a right to see our client. -No you don’t. | – 我们有权面见委托人 – 不 你们没有 |
[05:37] | We have a right to hold him for forty-eight hours. | 我们有权扣留他48小时 |
[05:40] | -We are¡ -Who’s the DA on call? | – 我们… – 值守的地方检察官是谁? |
[05:42] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[05:44] | Mike. | |
[05:45] | Eugene, your guy shot a cop. | Eugene 你们的委托人射伤了一个警察 |
[05:48] | I am not helping you out here. | 我不会帮你的 |
[05:53] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[05:55] | I want to see your chief of staff. | 我想见你们的主管 |
[05:56] | I am the chief of the ER. | 我是急症室主任 |
[05:57] | Your hospital is looking at a lawsuit | 你们医院正面临一场刑事诉讼 |
[05:59] | Don’t lecture me on liability please. | 不要跟我讲责任义务的大道理 |
[06:01] | The police have taken over. | 这事警察接手了 |
[06:06] | -Jimmy. -What the hell’s going on? | – 到底怎么了? |
[06:09] | Wait. | 等等 |
[06:10] | Look, everybody over here now. | 来 所有人都过来 |
[06:14] | -Jimmy talk to this, uh¡ -Moran. | – Jimmy去跟这个 嗯… |
[06:17] | Moran. Find out what happened. | 跟Moran谈谈 搞清楚事情经过 |
[06:19] | Tara, borrow a computer. | Tara 借台电脑 |
[06:21] | Draft a habeas petition. | 起草一份人身保护状 |
[06:22] | Down and dirty. | 极尽言语之能事 |
[06:23] | What good will that do? | 那能起什么作用? |
[06:24] | We haven’t got a judge. | 没有法官 |
[06:25] | Mike. | |
[06:26] | Who is the duty judge? | 值班的法官是谁? |
[06:28] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[06:31] | Does anybody here know a judge we can call? | 谁认识法官? 要现在能找到的 |
[06:33] | Roberta Kittles. | |
[06:34] | You got her home number? | 你有她家的号码吗? |
[06:35] | -Yeah. -Call her up. | – 有 – 打给她 |
[06:37] | Ellenor, go to the FBI office, | Ellenor 去FBI那里 |
[06:38] | report what is going on here. | 报告这里发生的情况 |
[06:40] | Tell them we have a civil rights crime is being committed | 告诉他们这里有一桩侵犯公民权案件 |
[06:41] | and it’s ongoing. | 并且是正在进行中 |
[06:51] | We haven’t actually stayed current. | 其实我们最近没怎么联系了 |
[06:53] | Anybody else know a judge? | 还有谁认识哪个法官吗? |
[06:56] | How can none of us be friendly with a single judge? | 就没有一个法官跟我们谁关系好吗? 怎么会这样? |
[06:59] | They all know our work. | 他们都了解我们那一套 |
[07:01] | Look. Look.Call Alan. | 这样吧 打给Alan |
[07:03] | Maybe he’s bribed some judge along the way. | 也许他曾经贿赂过什么法官 |
[07:05] | Jimmy get his story. | Jimmy去了解情况 |
[07:07] | Ellenor, FBI. Let’s go. | Ellenor去FBI 干活吧 |
[07:19] | Forceps? | 手术钳? |
[07:21] | Another retractor?. | 还需一个牵引器? |
[07:22] | No. Get another pt, ptt and¡. | 检查凝血酶原时间和部分凝血酶原时间 |
[07:28] | What do we know? | 怎么样了? |
[07:31] | I can’t tell. | 我看不出来 |
[07:33] | Seems like it’s taking a long time just to get a bullet. | 取颗子弹好像要花很长时间 |
[07:43] | You need something? | 你想要什么吗? |
[07:47] | Just checking to see¡ | 只是过来看看… |
[07:48] | What the charges are going to be? | 准备控告我们什么罪? |
[07:52] | Mike. | |
[07:55] | He’s bleeding out. | 他在流血 |
[07:57] | More suction. | 加大吸引力度 |
[07:58] | Give me the sternum saw. | 把胸骨锯给我 |
[07:59] | We’ve got to crack his chest. | 我们得打开他的胸腔 |
[08:01] | He’s in cardiac ¡.. | 他的心脏承受不住了 |
[08:03] | Put more tension on that retractor. | 加大牵引器压力 |
[08:11] | -Alright hold. -Get a clip. | – 稳住 – 拿个血管夹 |
[08:16] | Hold the side let me check a rhythm. | 把这边稳住 我检查心律 |
[08:18] | Still nothing. | 还是没反应 |
[08:19] | No spontaneous rhythm. | 没有自发性心律 |
[08:21] | Nothing? | 没有反应? |
[08:22] | No. | 没有 |
[08:35] | No. | 不要 |
[08:40] | No. | 不要 |
[08:44] | Hey. | |
[08:55] | Todd came out first because he was going to get the car. | Todd先出来的 因为他要去开车 |
[08:57] | Came out from? | 从哪里出来? |
[08:59] | The bar. | 酒吧 |
[09:01] | So, as I come out I hear shots. | 然后 我出来的时候听见了枪声 |
[09:04] | I hear shots real close. | 感觉是在很近的地方 |
[09:06] | And I see Todd take off to, | 我看见Todd开始 |
[09:08] | you know, run for cover. | 逃跑 |
[09:09] | How far away were you? | 你离得有多远? |
[09:11] | I don’t know, uh, | 不清楚 嗯… |
[09:13] | twenty five yards or something like that. | 大概25码(约22米) |
[09:15] | So then I see the cops | 之后我就看见一些警察 |
[09:16] | and they are chasing him and you know | 他们去追他 |
[09:18] | I think see him running they must think he’s you know the shooter or something. | 我想他们看见他跑 肯定就以为是他开的枪 |
[09:22] | Well, if he’s innocent. | 那如果他是无辜的 |
[09:23] | Why did he run from the police? | 他为什么看见警察就跑? |
[09:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:29] | it’s a parole violation for him to be out past ten. | 10点钟之后出门 是违反了他的假释条件 |
[09:32] | Plus, he may have had some drugs on him. | 再加上 他身上可能带了毒品 |
[09:35] | So I¡ | 所以我… |
[09:38] | Jimmy, he didn’t shoot anybody. | Jimmy 他没有开枪打任何人 |
[09:40] | I’m telling you. | 我向你保证 |
[09:41] | Look Joe, I know this guys your friend, | 是这样 Joe 我知道他是你的朋友 |
[09:44] | but as your lawyer, | 但是作为你的律师 我得说 |
[09:46] | if you can help yourself here at all. | 你能保住自己就不错了 |
[09:48] | A police officer is dead. | 一个警察死了 |
[09:50] | -Todd didn’t shoot any.. -Listen to me | – Todd没有枪击任何… – 听我说 |
[09:53] | if they make your buddy | 如果他们认定是你朋友干的 |
[09:54] | you could be going up on conspiracy. | 也许还会认为你是同谋 |
[09:58] | -There’s a window of opportunity to help yourself ¡ -No, no he is innocent. | – 现在有机会能保住你自己… – 不 他是无辜的 |
[10:01] | I swear I’m telling the truth. | 我发誓说的是实话 |
[10:05] | We’ve got nothing to do with this. | 我们与这件事没有任何关系 |
[10:11] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事? |
[10:12] | We need to get a court order to get a client out of police custody. | 我们需要法庭指令 让一个委托人脱离警方羁押 |
[10:16] | Tara is drafting a habeas but we don’t have a judge. | Tara正在起草人身保护状 但我们还没找到法官 |
[10:19] | Would you be able to find one? | 你能找一个吗? |
[10:21] | At two in the morning? | 在凌晨两点? |
[10:24] | Well, it’s a little urgent. | 情况有点紧急 |
[10:28] | Eugene. | |
[10:32] | I’m told you are looking for the DA on call. | 听说你在找待命的地方检察官 |
[10:35] | You? | 是你? |
[10:36] | Is there a problem? | 有什么问题吗? |
[10:38] | Yes there’s a problem. | 是的 有问题 |
[10:39] | The police are back there coercing a wounded suspect, | 警察正在那边威逼一个受伤的嫌疑犯 |
[10:42] | a suspect who has a fifth amendment right to remain silent, | 根据宪法修正案第五条 他有权保持沉默 |
[10:44] | a suspect who has a sixth amendment right to counsel, | 根据第六条 他有权请辩护律师 |
[10:47] | a suspect who has civil right not to be tortured. | 根据公民权利 他不应该被刑讯逼供 |
[10:51] | All of those rights are currently being trampled on. | 所有这些权利都正在被践踏 |
[10:54] | Well, certainly any and all evidence obtained | 当然 如果证据确凿 |
[10:57] | in violation of your client’s constitutional rights | 你委托人的宪法权利受到了侵犯 |
[10:59] | would not be admissible. | 那是不被允许的 |
[11:00] | I will be sure not to introduce it. | 我保证不会让它发生 |
[11:04] | Anything else? | 还有别的吗? |
[11:07] | I want to see him. | 我想见他 |
[11:10] | When we are ready. | 等我们准备好了就行 |
[11:14] | As I said it’s urgent. | 正如我所说 很紧急 |
[11:18] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[11:19] | They are only screwing up their own case. | 他们是在把自己的案子搞砸 |
[11:21] | Why are they doing this? | 为什么还会这样做? |
[11:22] | Maybe they are afraid they don’t have a case. | 也许他们担心根本不能立案 |
[11:26] | Did you see him fire the gun? | 你看见他开枪了吗? |
[11:29] | No, I heard the shots and looked up. | 没有 我听见枪声就抬头看 |
[11:31] | But he was the only one there, | 就只有他 |
[11:33] | the only one around. | 周围只有他一个人 |
[11:36] | I need you to look at his face again and confirm that. | 我要你再看看他 确认一下 |
[11:40] | Can you do that for me? | 你能做到吗? |
[11:42] | Yes | 能 |
[11:59] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[12:00] | You’re sure? | 你确定吗? |
[12:03] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[12:13] | Were you able to get photos? | 你们能拍到照片吗? |
[12:15] | Photos? | 照片? |
[12:16] | No, police just yanked her right out of the room. | 不能 警察可是把她硬拉出来的 |
[12:19] | We’re not even being allowed access. | 连让我们进去都不行 |
[12:21] | Okay, thank you. | 好吧 谢谢你 |
[12:25] | Okay? What Okay? | 好吧? 什么好吧? |
[12:26] | Aren’t you even going to down there. | 你不去现场吗? |
[12:27] | No ma’am. The procedure between us and local law enforcement | 不行 女士 我们和地方执法机构交涉的规则 |
[12:30] | is we don’t get involved | 是在他们起诉或释放你们的委托人之前 |
[12:31] | until either they have charged your client or released him. | 我方不能介入案件 |
[12:34] | I don’t think you understand. | 我想你还不明白 |
[12:35] | Local law enforcement is committing the crime. | 地方执法机构正在犯罪 |
[12:37] | The torture is ongoing as we speak. | 在我们交谈的此刻 拷问正在进行 |
[12:40] | Until they have completed their investigation | 在他们完成调查之前 |
[12:42] | we can’t get involved. | 我们不能介入 |
[12:44] | You’re the FBI. | 你们是FBI |
[12:46] | A man is being tortured. | 一个人正在被拷问 |
[12:54] | I can be your friend Mr. Beck. | 我可以帮你 Beck先生 |
[12:58] | I can make these people stop | 我可以让他们停下来 |
[13:00] | and I can get you proper treatment. | 可以让你得到相应的治疗 |
[13:02] | But for me to help you, | 但是要让我帮你 |
[13:04] | you need to help me. | 你也要帮我 |
[13:07] | I didn’t do it. | 我没干这事 |
[13:08] | Todd, we already know you did it. | Todd 我们已经知道你干了 |
[13:11] | What we need is to find the gun | 我们需要的是找到枪 |
[13:13] | so that it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. | 以防止它被居心叵测的人拿到 |
[13:17] | A little cooperation here will go a very long way. | 一点合作可以给你带来很多好处 |
[13:22] | I promise you. | 我向你保证 |
[13:25] | Where’s the gun? | 枪在哪里? |
[13:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:36] | You don’t have any recording devices in this entire hospital? | 你们整座医院都没有任何录音设备? |
[13:39] | Believe it or not we don’t bug the rooms. | 信不信由你 我们不在病房里装窃听器 |
[13:43] | Tara, keep dialing the office, | Tara 继续打事务所的电话 |
[13:45] | get as much of this as you can on our answering machine. | 尽量把这些留在我们的答录机上 越多越好 |
[13:49] | I need you to find us a tape recorder or something. | Jimmy 你去找个录音机什么的 |
[13:56] | What happened? | 怎么样? |
[13:57] | They won’t intervene. | 他们不会介入 |
[13:58] | He wrote up a 302. | 他写了一张302报告 |
[14:00] | He filed it and thanked me for reporting it. | 记录在案 然后感谢我的报告 |
[14:01] | This is unbelievable. | 真是匪夷所思 |
[14:10] | Here’s the deal. | 这么办吧 |
[14:12] | You give us a statement from Moran | 你们给我一份Moran的口供 |
[14:14] | that he saw Beck shoot the officer. | 关于他看见Beck枪击了那位警察 |
[14:16] | We’ll then let you see Mr. Beck. | 我们就让你见Beck先生 |
[14:18] | Moran didn’t see Beck shoot anybody | Moran没有看见Beck枪击任何人 |
[14:21] | because Beck didn’t shoot anybody. | 因为Beck没那么做 |
[14:24] | Eugene, I’m trying to play nice here. | Eugene 我已经很客气了 |
[14:27] | Let me tell you something. | 我告诉你 |
[14:28] | No let me share. | 不 我来告诉你 |
[14:30] | I knew that officer personally. | 我跟那位警察有私交 |
[14:33] | I know his widow. | 我认识他的遗孀 |
[14:34] | I know his two children. | 我认识他的两个孩子 |
[14:37] | Now what have you got to say? | 现在你还有什么可说的? |
[14:47] | Marcia, | |
[15:05] | Marcia, | |
[15:07] | I need to speak with you. | 我要跟你谈谈 |
[15:12] | Good heavens, | 老天啊 |
[15:13] | you’ve woken up whoever he is. | 不管这是谁 你把他吵醒了 |
[15:14] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干嘛? |
[15:16] | You don’t pick up your phone, | 你不接电话 |
[15:17] | or answer your bell. | 也不来应门 |
[15:18] | Luckily I remembered where you hide your key. | 还好我记得你藏钥匙的地方 |
[15:21] | Alan? | |
[15:22] | I have an emergency. | 我有急事 |
[15:24] | What the hells going on? | 这是怎么回事? |
[15:25] | I’m very sorry sir. | 很抱歉 先生 |
[15:28] | Judge Pollack? | Pollack法官? |
[15:30] | Hello sir. | 您好 先生 |
[15:31] | I didn’t recognize you without… | 我没认出您 因为您没… |
[15:35] | your robe. | 穿法官长袍 |
[15:37] | Alan Shore. | 在下Alan Shore |
[15:38] | I appeared before you on an anti-trust matter once. | 我曾经有个反垄断案是您审理的 |
[15:40] | You were terrific by the way. | 我得说 您非常出色 |
[15:42] | Alan what in God’s name? | Alan 到底为了什么事? |
[15:44] | I’m not here for sex, you’ll be relieved to know. | 我不是为性而来 你该放心了 |
[15:46] | I’m sure your relieved. | 我想您也放心了 |
[15:48] | We have a client, | 有个我们的委托人 |
[15:50] | the police are currently trying to beat a confession out of him. | 正在被警察刑讯逼供 |
[15:52] | The man is wounded and in need of medical attention. | 他受了伤 急需医治 |
[15:54] | It’s extremely exigent. | 这十分紧急 |
[15:56] | I have a habeas petition. | 我带了一张人身保护状 |
[15:57] | I just need a signature from either of you actually. | 只需要你们二位中的谁签个名 |
[16:01] | Are you out of your mind? | 你脑子出毛病了吗? |
[16:03] | Marcia, he’s 20 years old,bleeding | Marcia 他才20岁 鲜血直流 |
[16:06] | and the police won’t let the doctor remove the bullet. | 而警察不让医生取出子弹 |
[16:09] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[16:13] | She said no? | 她拒绝了? |
[16:14] | As soon as I mentioned his alleged crime. | 我才刚说完她就拒绝了 |
[16:16] | I don’t know how much more he will be able to take, | 我不确定他还能撑多久 |
[16:18] | but they are going to keep him in there until he confesses. | 但他们是准备把他关在里面 直到他认罪了 |
[16:20] | He’s gonna break. | 他会屈打成招的 |
[16:22] | Does he even know anybody’s out here trying to help him? | 他知不知道外面有人在想办法帮他? |
[16:25] | I said I was counsel before I was hauled out, | 在我被拖出来之前 说了我是他的辩护律师 |
[16:27] | but I don’t know if it registered. | 不知道他有没有印象 |
[16:28] | Were you able to talk to him? | 你跟他说上话了吗? |
[16:30] | No. | 没有 |
[16:42] | Mr. Beck is going into surgery to have his shoulder repaired. | Beck先生将会接受肩部手术 |
[16:45] | You people can speak to him | 如果你们愿意 |
[16:47] | when he comes out if you like. | 可以在他出来的时候跟他交谈 |
[16:49] | What did you do to him? | 你们对他做了什么? |
[16:51] | I’m surprised at that question Ellenor. | Ellenor 这个问题在我意料之外 |
[16:54] | Where is Joe Moran? | Joe Moran在哪? |
[16:56] | He is right there. | 就在那边 |
[17:03] | Joe Moran. | |
[17:05] | Yes? | 什么? |
[17:06] | You are under the arrest for the murder of Officer Peter White. | 你因涉嫌谋杀Peter White警察被捕了 |
[17:09] | What the hell is going on? | 这是怎么回事? |
[17:10] | Mr. Beck gave us a statement | Beck先生给了我们一份口供 |
[17:11] | that Mr. Moran here is the shooter. | 指出是Moran先生开的枪 |
[17:14] | What are you talking about? That is crazy. | 你说些什么?这太荒谬了 |
[17:16] | -Be quite Joe. -Jimmy, I didn’t shoot anybody. | – 别说话 Joe – Jimmy 我没枪击任何人 |
[17:17] | Do not say a word. | 一个字也别说 |
[17:20] | I will see you in custody. | 我去拘留所见你 |
[17:22] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[17:24] | Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. | 你所说的都会成为呈堂证供 |
[17:27] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权请律师 |
[17:29] | If you cannot afford an attorney, | 如果你没钱请 |
[17:30] | one will be appointed to you | 我们会为你指派一个 |
[17:35] | Can’t we just suppress the statement? | 我们就不能要求认定这份口供无效吗? |
[17:37] | Obviously it was coerced. | 明显是逼供出来的 |
[17:39] | The guy was tortured. | 他经受了严厉拷问 |
[17:40] | But he’s not the one being charged. | 但被指控的不是他 |
[17:41] | We can’t assert Beck’s constitutional rights | 我们不能通过维护Beck的宪法权利 |
[17:43] | to suppress evidence against Moran. | 来认定他指认Moran的口供无效 |
[17:46] | Tara, when will Beck come out of recovery? | Tara Beck什么时候能醒来? |
[17:48] | -They said seven a.m. -Good. | – 他们说早上7点 – 不错 |
[17:50] | Ellenor, Jamie you need to be there. | Ellenor Jamie 你们得去守着 |
[17:52] | The police know they got reliability problems in the statement | 警察也知道这份口供的可信度有问题 |
[17:55] | and they will probably try and get another | 他们很可能会试图 |
[17:56] | under less coercive circumstances. | 在没那么多威逼的情况下再做一份 |
[17:57] | Look regardless of whose constitutional rights have been violated | 不管是谁的宪法权利被侵犯了 |
[18:02] | can’t a statement be quashed if it is given involuntarily? | 在非自愿的情况下做的口供不应该被取消吗? |
[18:05] | Good question. | 这个问题提得好 |
[18:06] | Research that. | 研究一下 |
[18:12] | We keeping you up? | 我们妨碍你睡觉了? |
[18:14] | Yes actually, it’s four in the morning. | 确实是 现在是凌晨4点 |
[18:16] | Eugene we probably should try to get some sleep. | Eugene 我们需要一些睡眠 |
[18:19] | We have other cases that we need to be awake for tomorrow. | 明天我们还得有精力解决其他的案子 |
[18:21] | This is the most important case Ellenor. | Ellenor 这就是我们最重要的案子 |
[18:25] | I mean we all went to law school to¡ | 我们都上过法学院… |
[18:27] | The idea that a government agency¡ | 一个政府机构… |
[18:31] | They just tortured a man in front of us. | 就在我们前面拷问一个人 |
[18:33] | This is our most important case. | 这就是我们最重要的案子 |
[18:55] | Why are they making us just sit here like this? | 他们为什么让我们干坐在这里? |
[18:58] | Probably to play with your head a little. | 也许是想让你慌乱不安 |
[19:01] | Which seems to be working from the looks of you. | 从你的表情看来 已经生效了 |
[19:07] | My God man, I still can’t believe this is happening. | 上帝啊 我真不相信会这样 |
[19:09] | Look, it’s a good sign | 好的是 |
[19:11] | that they haven’t hauled you off to arraignment yet. | 他们还没传讯你 |
[19:13] | It could mean they know their case wobbles. | 可能意味着他们也知道这站不住脚 |
[19:16] | Well, what do they want to talk about? | 那他们想谈些什么? |
[19:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:20] | But whatever goes down here, you say nothing. | 但不管他们怎么说 你都不要回应 |
[19:27] | You hear me Joe? | 你明白了吗 Joe? |
[19:29] | I will do all the talking. | 都由我来说 |
[19:31] | You don’t open your mouth. | 你闭好嘴巴 |
[19:33] | If you need to breathe, | 如果需要呼吸 |
[19:34] | do it through your nose. | 也用鼻子 |
[19:42] | Great. | 不错 |
[19:44] | It’s my signature, | 是我的签名 |
[19:45] | but I don’t remember saying all that. | 但我不记得说过那些话 |
[19:48] | You don’t remember? | 你不记得? |
[19:50] | They were sticking stuff into my wound. | 他们用东西戳我的伤口 |
[19:53] | I know that’s what they were asking me to say. | 我知道他们想让我说这些话 |
[19:55] | Whether I said it or not, | 但我说没说 |
[19:57] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[19:58] | I was practically blacking out the whole time. | 那段时间内我处于晕厥 |
[20:01] | Okay, well lets get to the heart of it. | 好 我们说说重点 |
[20:03] | Is the statement true? | 这份口供属实吗? |
[20:04] | No, Joe didn’t shoot anybody. | 不 Joe没有枪击任何人 |
[20:09] | What happened last night? | 昨晚是怎么回事? |
[20:11] | We came out of a bar. | 我们从一个酒吧出来 |
[20:15] | We heard gun fire. | 听见了枪声 |
[20:17] | I got a little freaked, | 我有点惊慌失措 |
[20:18] | so I started running to my car. | 就跑向我的车 |
[20:20] | I then saw two cops coming at me. | 然后有两个警察追着我过来了 |
[20:24] | I had been drinking and I was out past ten, | 我喝了酒 而且在10点以后出门了 |
[20:27] | I’m on parole you know. So I just took off. | 我还在假释期间 所以拼命逃跑 |
[20:31] | I went down a dead end alley. | 跑进一个死胡同 |
[20:34] | I couldn’t go nowhere else | 没法再逃了 |
[20:36] | so I put my hands up you know to surrender | 所以我举起手投降 |
[20:39] | and they shot me. | 他们就开枪打了我 |
[20:42] | What’s going to happen to Joe? | Joe会怎么样? |
[20:44] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[20:46] | But obviously he is in a little bit of trouble. | 但他肯定有点麻烦了 |
[20:50] | Look, he didn’t do anything. | 他什么都没做 |
[20:52] | Okay, I’m sorry if I said he did, | 如果我说是他干的 非常抱歉 |
[20:55] | I was out of it. | 我当时神志不清 |
[20:57] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[21:01] | Look, we probably need to get you into counseling. | 我们得让你去请求法律援助 |
[21:04] | Why? | 为什么? |
[21:05] | Joe Moran is a firm client | Joe Moran是事务所的委托人 |
[21:07] | and we can’t represent both of you. | 我们无法同时为你们两人辩护 |
[21:08] | Joe and I are together. | 我和Joe是一起的 |
[21:09] | Yeah well you signed a statement saying | 是 但你在一份口供上签了名 |
[21:11] | -that he was the shooter and even if you¡ -I’ll take it back. | – 指认他是凶手 就算你是… – 我收回这话 |
[21:15] | Ms. Frutt you people were there last night, | Frutt小姐 你们昨晚在这里 |
[21:17] | you saw what happened to me. | 你们看到了他们是怎么对我的 |
[21:19] | Which could make us witnesses in any civil claim. | 所以我们可以在民事索赔中做目击证人 |
[21:22] | No lawyer who comes in now is going to believe me. | 现在来的律师不会相信我 |
[21:26] | I’ve got a record, a cop is dead, | 我有前科 一个警察死了 |
[21:29] | my fried is charged. | 我的朋友被警方指控 |
[21:32] | Look you saw what went down. | 而你们看到了事情经过 |
[21:34] | Or at least you heard. | 或者至少听到了 |
[21:38] | You know we didn’t do this. | 你们知道不是我们干的 |
[21:54] | Okay then. | 好了 |
[21:57] | This is my favorite kind of meeting, | 我最喜欢这种会议 |
[21:59] | one where I and only I talk. | 只有我一个人说话 |
[22:05] | Your job here Mr.Moran is to listen closely. | Moran先生 你要做的就是仔细听好 |
[22:09] | Pretend as if the rest of your life might turn on what I have to say. | 假装你的下半辈子就仰仗我要说的话了 |
[22:17] | You already know your job counselor. | 你已经知道自己的职责了 律师 |
[22:22] | A police officer is dead. | 一个警察死了 |
[22:26] | Somebody of course must go to prison. | 当然得有个人进监狱 |
[22:29] | At the moment it appears as if that person will be you. | 现在看来这个人就是你了 |
[22:34] | If, however, | 然而 如果 |
[22:36] | you are to sign a statement saying Mr. Beck is the shooter, | 你在指认Beck先生是凶手的口供上签名 |
[22:41] | if you agree to provide testimony against Mr. Beck, | 如果你同意为他的罪行作证 |
[22:44] | of course truthful, | 当然 是基于事实的 |
[22:46] | then we would give you use in transactional immunity, | 那我们就会让你获得罪行豁免 |
[22:49] | your counsel can explain that. | 你的律师会给你具体解释 |
[22:51] | In layman’s terms you go free. | 用外行人的话说 你就自由了 |
[22:56] | Anything short of a statement and testimony, | 如果不写口供 不愿作证 |
[23:02] | we prosecute you for murder. | 我们就以谋杀罪起诉你 |
[23:10] | I’m going to give you some time to discuss this with Mr. Berluti. | 我会给你一些时间 让你和Berluti先生商量一下 |
[23:21] | There will be an arraignment at one o’clock. | 传讯在1点 |
[23:24] | It will either be Mr. Beck’s or yours. | 也许是你 也许是Beck先生 |
[23:36] | I should have seen it. | 我应该预料到的 |
[23:38] | Seen what, what is going on? | 预料到什么? 现在是什么状况? |
[23:42] | Here is a crash course in criminal procedure. | 我给你简单讲讲有关刑事诉讼规则 |
[23:46] | If they coerce a confession from Beck, | 如果他们用威逼的方式取得了Beck的口供 |
[23:48] | they can’t use it against him. | 就不能用来治他的罪 |
[23:50] | It’s unconstitutional. | 这违反了宪法 |
[23:52] | So what they were doing in the room with their torture | 所以他们在那个病房里进行拷问 |
[23:56] | was forcing him to give a statement against you, | 是要强迫他在口供中称是你犯了罪 |
[23:59] | which they can use against you. | 他们就可以用此来指控你 |
[24:03] | Now they come back to you with his statement | 现在他们又带着这份口供来找你 |
[24:06] | as leverage to get you to make a statement against Beck, | 以此为要挟 让你做口供指认Beck |
[24:11] | which they can legally use against Beck. | 那用来指控Beck 就是合法的 |
[24:15] | They’re doing an end run around the constitution. | 他们在钻宪法的空子 |
[24:19] | Is this legal? | 这合法吗? |
[24:20] | Legal?No. | 合法? 不 |
[24:22] | Torture is against the law. | 拷问嫌疑人是违法的 |
[24:24] | But is Beck’s statement admissible against you? | 但Beck指认你的口供是有用的吗? |
[24:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:29] | Would your statement be admissible against Beck? | 你指认Beck的口供会有用吗? |
[24:32] | Probably yes. | 很可能有用 |
[24:35] | Look, I’m going to go discuss this with my partners. | 听着 我要去跟我的同事讨论一下 |
[24:38] | We will formulate a plan of attack. | 我们会想出办法还击 |
[24:40] | I’ll be back in an hour. | 我一小时后回来 |
[24:43] | Make the deal. | 跟他们合作 |
[24:46] | I’m sorry? | 抱歉? |
[24:47] | If they guarantee that I will go free, | 如果他们保证放了我 |
[24:48] | I will give them whatever they want. | 他们想要什么 我都给 |
[24:50] | First of all, | 首先 |
[24:51] | that isn’t necessary. | 那没有必要 |
[24:52] | They’ve got no real case against you. | 他们扣押你并没有实际的证据 |
[24:54] | They have enough to arraign me in two hours. | 但足够在两小时后传讯我 |
[24:56] | Possibly enough to put me on trial. | 很可能还要把我带去审讯 |
[24:58] | -I mean that alone screws me for life. -Second, I can’t commit fraud. | – 只是那样就能毁掉我了 – 第二 我不能作假 |
[25:03] | You didn’t see Beck shoot anybody. | 你没看见Beck枪击任何人 |
[25:05] | You’re his alibi that he didn’t shoot the guy. | 你是他的不在场证人 |
[25:10] | I was mistaken. | 我弄错了 |
[25:15] | Now that I think back, | 现在我回想起来 |
[25:16] | he did kill that cop. | 他确实杀了那个警察 |
[25:20] | Joe, you can’t do this. Come on. | Joe 你不能这样做 |
[25:23] | I’ve done prison. | 我坐过牢 |
[25:24] | I can’t go back.I can’t | 不能再去了 不能 |
[25:26] | Beck is the guy they are really after. | Beck才是他们想治罪的人 |
[25:28] | They’re just using you. | 他们只是利用你 |
[25:29] | We don’t know that for sure, | 这我们也不确定 |
[25:30] | even if that’s true they are going to try to get me on conspiracy or something else. | 就算是真的 他们也会说我是同谋什么的 |
[25:35] | -Listen! -No, no I can’t risk it. | – 听着! – 不 我不能冒这个险 |
[25:37] | They are offering me a chance to go free here. I’m sorry. | 他们现在给我个自由的机会 抱歉 |
[25:38] | Todd Beck is your friend. | Todd Beck是你的朋友 |
[25:40] | Who tried to flip me. | 那他还想嫁祸给我 |
[25:41] | Cause he was tortured. | 因为他被逼供了 |
[25:43] | For God’s sake Joe, don’t do this. | 看在上帝的份上 Joe 别这么做 |
[25:45] | What do I have to… | 那我应该… |
[25:46] | what do I have to bank on, uh? | 那我应该指望什么? |
[25:47] | A fair trial? | 公正的审判? |
[25:48] | Or justice? | 公平正义? |
[25:49] | I got a glimpse of justice in that hospital room. | 在那个病房 我领教了公正是何物 |
[25:51] | Five lawyers, you guys couldn’t do anything. | 你们5个律师都束手无策 |
[25:56] | I don’t want to hurt Todd but I’ve got to save myself. | 我不想伤害Todd 但我得救自己 |
[26:03] | Make the deal. | 跟他们合作 |
[26:04] | I won’t. | 我拒绝 |
[26:06] | I’m telling, you as my attorney¡. | 你是以我律师的身份…. |
[26:07] | Then I’m withdrawing as your attorney. | 那我不再做你的律师 |
[26:11] | I will not commit fraud, | 我不会作假 |
[26:13] | especially to help convict an innocent man. | 尤其不会让一个无辜的人蒙受不白之冤 |
[26:19] | I’m done here. | 我不干了 |
[26:24] | Jimmy. | |
[26:28] | I expect our privileged conversations to stay privileged. | 我希望你对我们之间的对话保密 |
[26:41] | Wait just a second. | 等等 |
[26:42] | They take a statement that they get as a result of torture, | 他们用拷问的方式得到了一份口供 |
[26:46] | use it to get another statement | 再用它来获得另一份口供 |
[26:47] | that they then use against the guy who was tortured. | 用以指控他们拷问的人 |
[26:50] | How is that not poisonous fruit? | 这难道不应该运用”毒树之果”法则吗? (通过不合法的手段或者渠道获得的信息不得作为证据) |
[26:52] | Because it isn’t. No court has said so. | 因为它不是 没有法庭说它是 |
[26:55] | And Moran? | Moran现在呢? |
[26:56] | He has already hired a new attorney. | 他已经请了一个新律师 |
[26:58] | They are supposedly cutting a deal as we speak. | 我们说话这会儿 他们应该正在做交易 |
[27:01] | Sometimes the only legitimate thing to do is fight fire with fire. | 有些情况下 唯一合法的方式就是以毒攻毒 |
[27:06] | Meaning? | 什么意思? |
[27:07] | Well, I have several professional lady friends. | 我有几个十分专业的女性朋友 |
[27:10] | I say we catch this guy Walsh on camera in the act of getting fellatio | 我们可以拍下这个Walsh被口交的镜头 |
[27:14] | and then blackmail him into dropping the charges. | 去勒索他 让他放弃指控 |
[27:17] | Trust me it works. | 相信我 这很管用 |
[27:18] | I’ve settled at least three cases this way. | 我用这方法至少摆平了3个案子 |
[27:22] | -They’ve got him. -Information is still coming in. | – 他们逮捕他了 – 还有更多消息 |
[27:24] | Mr. Beck was arrested in the hospital | Beck先生在医院被逮捕 |
[27:27] | and was in fact released to police by hospital officials. | 事实上 是被院方交送给警察的 |
[27:30] | He will be arraigned shortly in Suffix Superior Court. | 不久他将在Suffix高级法院被传讯 |
[27:34] | -Beck was apprehended¡ -Well gee that’s good to know. | – Beck被逮捕… – 上帝 这真是好消息 |
[27:36] | I guess I’d better get down there. | 我最好赶过去 |
[27:37] | Hold on. | 等会 |
[27:39] | I’m representing Beck. | 我来为Beck辩护 |
[27:59] | Mrs. White. | White夫人 |
[28:03] | I’m Kenneth Walsh, the district attorney. | 我是Kenneth Walsh 地方检察官 |
[28:09] | We’ve actually met before. | 我们见过面 |
[28:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:14] | Please accept my sincere condolences. | 请接受我真诚的吊唁 |
[28:18] | Your husband was an exceptional man, | 你丈夫是一个出色的人 |
[28:21] | an outstanding police officer. | 一位优秀的警察 |
[28:23] | Why was he killed? | 他为什么会被杀? |
[28:25] | Nobody is telling me what happened. | 没人告诉我到底怎么回事 |
[28:27] | We don’t exactly know why yet. | 我们还不是非常清楚 |
[28:32] | Look, we’ve got the guy. | 我们已经抓到了罪犯 |
[28:36] | We are about to arraign him. | 即将传讯他 |
[28:37] | But you don’t need to be here for this. | 但你不需要在这里面对这一切 |
[28:39] | Go be there with your family. Let me take care of things on this end. | 去陪伴你的家人 其他的让我来处理 |
[28:42] | I want to see him. | 我想见他 |
[28:45] | I want to see the face of the man who killed¡ | 我想见见那个杀了…. |
[28:48] | I really don’t recommend that today. | 我真的建议你今天别去 |
[28:55] | Look, he’s not getting out. | 警方不会释放他 |
[28:58] | There will be plenty of time later at his trial. | 在之后的庭审中还有很多时间 |
[29:04] | Let me handle things. | 让我来处理 |
[29:07] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[29:26] | Case number 72334. | 72334号案件 |
[29:29] | Commonwealth versus Todd Beck. | 州政府控告Todd Beck |
[29:32] | Charge of murder in the first degree. | 一级谋杀指控 |
[29:34] | Eugene Young for the defendant your honor. | 阁下 我是被告辩护律师Eugene Young |
[29:36] | Wave the reading. File a motion to dismiss the charges | 请求放弃宣读罪名 即庭提出撤销控诉 |
[29:39] | and we ask your honor given the illegal and outrageous conduct of the police and district attorney | 阁下 由于警察局和地方检察官 违反法律与道德的行为 |
[29:44] | we ask that this motion be heard now. | 我们要求即时对我的动议进行审理 |
[29:47] | Now, | 现在? |
[29:48] | isn’t that jumping the gun slightly? | 有点操之过急了吧? |
[29:50] | There is no gun your honor, | 根本没找到枪 阁下 |
[29:51] | there is no case, | 没有案件 |
[29:52] | these charges are being fabricated, | 这些指控是被捏造的 |
[29:54] | they were being done so by means¡ | 是通过如此的方式被… |
[29:55] | Did we fabricate the death of Officer Peter White? | 我们捏造了警察Peter White的死吗? |
[29:58] | -Did we¡ -There is no witness. | – 难道我们… – 没有目击者 |
[29:59] | There is no evidence. | 没有证据 |
[30:01] | There is no trace metal or gun powder residue to | 没有微量金属或火药残留 |
[30:03] | indicate that my client ever fired or even touched a gun. | 能证明我的委托人使用或甚至触摸过枪支 |
[30:06] | We have a signed statement. | 我们有一份签名的口供 |
[30:08] | Which is a product of torture, | 那是拷问的产物 |
[30:09] | a product of ¡ | 是… |
[30:09] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. | |
[30:13] | Mr. Young you seem a little on the amp side here. | Young先生 有理不在声高啊 |
[30:24] | Todd Beck was shot by the police. | Todd Beck中了警方的枪 |
[30:27] | He was then put in a room, | 然后被关进一间病房 |
[30:28] | denied counsel, | 不允许见律师 |
[30:29] | denied medical treatment, | 不允许接受医治 |
[30:31] | while police officers stuck a flashlight and other foreign objects into the wound. | 只被警察用手电筒和别的外物戳他的伤口 |
[30:36] | They did so for three hours | 他们这样拷问了3个小时 |
[30:38] | until they coerced him into giving a statement against Joe Moran. | 直到迫使他做出了一份指认Joe Moran的口供 |
[30:42] | They then used the statement to leverage Mr. Moran against Todd Beck. | 然后他们再用这份口供 要挟Moran先生反过来指认Todd Beck |
[30:46] | Mr. Moran was in fact arrested for this murder at three o’clock this morning. | 实际上Moran先生在凌晨3点时 以这场谋杀的嫌疑人被捕 |
[30:51] | And represented by you by the way. | 而且是你们事务所的委托人 |
[30:52] | Not anymore we now represent Mr. Beck. | 已经不是了 我们现在为Beck先生辩护 |
[30:54] | -There’s a conflict of interest. -Which pails in the face of torture. | – 有利益冲突啊 – 是拷问的结果 |
[30:57] | Alright. | 好的 |
[31:00] | Mr. Walsh did you coerce a statement from Mr. Beck? | Walsh先生 你强迫Beck先生做了口供吗? |
[31:04] | I wasn’t in the room your honor when the statement was given. | 阁下 录口供的时候我不在现场 |
[31:06] | You heard the screaming. | 你听见了他的叫声 |
[31:09] | He’d been shot. | 他不是被枪击中了吗 |
[31:11] | Mr. Walsh if you get cute with me you will not like my finding. | Walsh先生 如果你要跟我装天真 可不会有什么好结果 |
[31:17] | What happened? | 怎么回事? |
[31:19] | Let’s assume it happened exactly as Mr. Young says, | 那假设事实就如Young先生所说 |
[31:22] | so what? | 那又怎么样? |
[31:24] | If the police coerced a statement from Mr. Beck | 就算警方迫使Beck先生做出了口供 |
[31:26] | it’s not being used here. | 那并未在此使用 |
[31:28] | -We are relying on Mr. Moran’s statement. -Which you only got by threatening him with prosecution. | – 我们使用的是Moran先生的口供 – 那是因为威胁要起诉他 才得到的 |
[31:32] | which we do all the time. | 我们一直都这样做 |
[31:34] | Forsaking criminal charges is a negotiating tactic | 以放弃刑事指控作为协商策略的做法 |
[31:37] | used by every law enforcement agency in the country. | 全国每个执法机构都在使用 |
[31:39] | Not every agency commits acts of torture Mr. Walsh. | 不是每个机构都会进行拷问 Walsh先生 |
[31:43] | I don’t know for a fact that torture was committed your honor. | 我并不能肯定确实有拷问的事实 阁下 |
[31:46] | But once again, | 但我再说一次 |
[31:48] | any statements obtained through that kind of coercion | 任何通过那样威逼的方式得到的口供 |
[31:51] | we would never seek to introduce. | 我们都不会使用 |
[31:53] | But they are using it. | 但他们使用了 |
[31:55] | They used a coerced statement to ultimately get evidence against my client. | 他们威逼得来一份口供 最终是想用来获得指控我委托人的证据 |
[31:59] | -That’s poisonous fruit -According to who? | – 这符合”毒树之果”法则 – 根据呢? |
[32:00] | There’s no case law supporting that. | 没有现行法律依据 |
[32:02] | What evidence does the commonwealth have against the defendant? | 州政府掌握了什么证据能说明被告的嫌疑? |
[32:06] | The surviving police officer will testify about being shot at. | 幸存的警察会作证自己曾被枪击 |
[32:10] | She will testify that she saw Mr. Beck flee the scene. | 她会作证看到Beck先生逃离现场 |
[32:13] | He ran from the police. | 他逃离警察追捕 |
[32:15] | Mr. Moran will testify that his friend was the shooter. | Moran先生会作证他的朋友就是凶手 |
[32:20] | Call me crazy, but that’s a case. | 你可以说我疯了 但这桩案子是成立的 |
[32:22] | Mr. Moran’s statement is a lie. | Moran先生的口供是谎言 |
[32:24] | That’s for a jury to decide not you. | 那是由陪审团决定的 而不是你 |
[32:26] | Your honor, | 阁下 |
[32:31] | I realize we live in different times. | 我知道我们所处的时代不同了 |
[32:33] | The Supreme Court has eroded the exclusionary rule. | 最高法院逐渐削弱了 非法证据排除规则的作用 |
[32:36] | We have laws called the Patriot Act. | 我们有”爱国法案”这样的法规 (911之后通过实施,赋予司法部门美国公民实行监督的权利) |
[32:39] | We detain suspects for months, | 我们把嫌疑人扣押几个月 |
[32:40] | even years without even giving them a hearing. | 甚至几年 不肯给他们一场听证会 |
[32:42] | We declare persons of interest¡ | 我们宣称有利害关系的人… |
[32:44] | You’re getting off track. | 你离题了 |
[32:45] | I’m on the track. | 我非常切题 |
[32:52] | I’m on the track. | 我非常切题 |
[32:59] | With each passing day we are becoming more and more a police state. | 日复一日 我们日益成为一个警察国家 |
[33:02] | We no longer hold dear civil rights, | 我们不再维护宝贵的公民权利 |
[33:04] | we no longer lay claim to expectations of privacy, | 我们不再宣扬个人隐私 |
[33:08] | in our new world we even embrace this loss of freedom | 在这个美丽新世界 我们甚至对自由的丧失敞开怀抱 |
[33:11] | so long as it makes us feel safe. | 只要那能让我们有安全感 |
[33:14] | But when police officers commit acts of torture | 但当警察犯下拷问的罪行 |
[33:17] | there comes a point where we as lawyers, | 那就是我们警察 |
[33:19] | as judges, as guardians of democracy, | 法官 这些民主的捍卫者 |
[33:22] | where we have to say enough. | 站出来制止的时候 |
[33:23] | They locked a wounded man in a room your honor¡ | 他们把一个受伤的人关起来 阁下… |
[33:35] | Your honor, | 阁下 |
[33:37] | enough. | 够了 |
[34:11] | The fact that he even took it under advisement is a good sign. | 他要去深思熟虑 这就是好兆头 |
[34:15] | For him to consider kicking it at the arraignment stage, | 让他去考虑在传讯阶段就驳回指控 |
[34:17] | obviously their case looks weak. | 很明显他们的立案很勉强 |
[34:19] | I still like my hooker idea. | 我还是喜欢我那个妓女的主意 |
[34:23] | Ellenor is right. | Ellenor是对的 |
[34:25] | Even if we go to trial, | 就算要庭审 |
[34:26] | all they have is Moran’s statement which we can easily attack. | 他们拥有的就只有Moran的口供 那很容易反驳 |
[34:30] | I still don’t even know why they are bringing this case. | 我甚至始终不明白 他们为什么现在就要诉诸法庭 |
[34:32] | It was such a rush. | 这也太匆忙了 |
[34:34] | A cop is dead. | 一个警察死了 |
[34:36] | Jimmy, there still needs to be evidence for God’s sakes. | Jimmy 看在上帝的份上 还是得有证据吧 |
[34:40] | I mean this just doesn’t make sense. | 我觉得这根本说不通 |
[34:48] | The judge is back. | 法官回来了 |
[34:53] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[35:00] | Be seated. | 坐下 |
[35:10] | I have a ten year old son. | 我有个十岁的儿子 |
[35:12] | Sometimes I help him with his homework and with math he is required to show the work. | 有时候我辅导他的家庭作业 |
[35:18] | It’s too bad we don’t require the same with law enforcement. | 不幸的是 对执法机构 我们未作同样的要求 |
[35:22] | The police don’t have to show their methodology, | 警方不需公开他们做事的方式 |
[35:24] | only the evidence that they actually introduce. | 只需要拿出证据 |
[35:28] | And if anyone needs proof for the potential for abuse, | 如果有人想检验其中潜在的 实施暴力的可能 |
[35:31] | we need only look at this case. | 我们看看这桩案件就知道了 |
[35:35] | Mr. Walsh, | Walsh先生 |
[35:37] | I’m disgusted. | 我对此深恶痛绝 |
[35:39] | I wish that you had the guts to prosecute the officers involved here. | 我希望你有那个勇气控告参与暴行的警员 |
[35:44] | Clearly you don’t, | 很明显你没有 |
[35:46] | perhaps because of your own culpability. | 大概是因为你个人也难辞其咎 |
[35:49] | To think that my son might grow up in your legacy, | 想到我的儿子可能会在这种环境中长大 |
[35:54] | it horrifies me. | 让我觉得恐惧 |
[35:57] | Mr. Young, | Young先生 |
[36:00] | the evidence being introduced here against your client, | 用于指控你委托人的证据 |
[36:03] | however reprehensibly obtained, | 不管是用怎样错误的方式取得的 |
[36:07] | is technically admissible. | 在理论上说是有用的 |
[36:09] | Mr. Moran was not tortured. | Moran先生未被拷问 |
[36:12] | His statement, | 他的口供 |
[36:14] | though made under the threat of criminal prosecution, | 尽管是在刑事诉讼的威胁下做出的 |
[36:17] | was voluntary, | 仍然是自愿的 |
[36:19] | it stands. | 它站得住脚 |
[36:24] | Your motion for dismissal is denied. | 你的动议被驳回 |
[36:26] | Trial date is set for June the sixth. | 庭审时间定在6月6日 |
[36:28] | The defendant is held without bail. | 被告将被拘留 不得保释 |
[36:31] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[37:09] | Hard fought Eugene. | 艰难的一仗 Eugene |
[37:12] | I thought you argued well. | 我觉得你辩护得很好 |
[37:17] | For the record,I consider your guy guilty. | 正式地说 我认为你的委托人是有罪的 |
[37:21] | For the record, you tortured him. | 正式地说 你们拷问了他 |
[37:23] | Look Eugene, | 听着 Eugene |
[37:25] | I don’t know exactly what happened on the street the other night, | 我不知道那晚那条街上的真实情况 |
[37:28] | and neither do you. | 你也一样 |
[37:34] | Six months. | 6个月 |
[37:42] | Six months? | 6个月? |
[37:43] | For a cop killer? | 罪名是杀死一个警察? |
[37:44] | We drop the murder charges, | 我们取消谋杀指控 |
[37:45] | he pleads guilty to unlawful discharge of a firearm within city limits. | 如果他承认在城市内违法开枪的罪行 |
[37:55] | I need a response now. | 我现在就要答复 |
[37:59] | My response is, you’d never offer this if you thought he was guilty. | 我的答复是 如果你真觉得他是凶手 就不会提出这种条件 |
[38:02] | You can’t find the gun, | 你找不到枪 |
[38:03] | you have no evidence, | 也没有证据 |
[38:04] | you know you’ll loose if… | 你知道你会输 如果… |
[38:05] | You want to run the risk of a trial Eugene? | 你想冒险去庭审吗 Eugene? |
[38:07] | Fine, | 那好 |
[38:09] | but I’d certainly get your client’s input | 如果是我 在他面临不得保释的终身监禁的危险时 |
[38:11] | before exposing him to a life sentence with no parole. | 必然先征求他的意见 |
[38:15] | You’ve got a bad shoot, | 你们冒失地开了枪 |
[38:16] | -and then you torture an innocent kid to cover your ass ¡ -We maintain the shoot was justified. | – 为了掩盖过失而拷问一个无辜的孩子 – 我们坚持认为开枪是正当的 |
[38:24] | I’m offering an out Eugene. | 我指了一条出路 Eugene |
[38:26] | For who? | 为谁? |
[38:30] | I’ve offered your client six months for a class B misdemeanor | 我可以让你的委托人因B级轻罪坐6个月牢 |
[38:34] | if you feel the need to reject that then please do, | 如果你想拒绝 随你 |
[38:37] | but again | 但再说一次 |
[38:39] | you might want to run it by the client. | 你大概会想问问委托人的意见 |
[39:24] | Beck took the deal. | Beck接受了条件 |
[39:29] | He had to Eugene. | 他没办法 Eugene |
[39:30] | He couldn’t risk a murder trial. | 他不能去冒险去经历谋杀指控的庭审 |
[39:33] | And as weak as their case was, | 他们的立案再经不起推敲 |
[39:36] | he had to. | 他也没办法 |
[39:40] | No argument. | 我没意见 |
[39:44] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[39:48] | Fine. | 还好 |
[39:57] | Of everything that happened in the last twenty four hours, | 在过去24内发生的一切中 |
[40:01] | the most frightening to me | 最让我害怕的 |
[40:05] | is the look of futility in your eyes. | 是你无助的眼神 |
[40:09] | Eugene, | |
[40:12] | people like you, | 你这样的人 |
[40:13] | they can’t give up. | 绝不能够放弃 |
[40:18] | Most people don’t want to live in a police state, | 大部分人都不想居住在一个警察国家 |
[40:20] | most people still believe | 大部分都仍然相信 |
[40:22] | that civil liberties and human rights are more important | 人身自由和人权比起 |
[40:25] | than just rounding up bad guys. | 围捕坏人更加重要 |
[40:29] | And with the erosion of our basic human rights and everything else | 在这个国家里 |
[40:33] | that is going on in this country | 在基本的人权和一切都被逐渐侵蚀的情况下 |
[40:37] | what most people need right now, desperately need, | 大部分人所需要的 非常需要的 |
[40:43] | is for men like you not to give up. | 就是像你这样人的不放弃 |