时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:27] | The Liberal media hates pro-God, pro-country, pro-family values. | 自由主义媒体讨厌亲上帝、 亲国家、亲家庭的价值观 |
[00:31] | Because, frankly they don’t believe in them! | 因为 坦白地说 他们根本不相信这些 |
[00:33] | That’s not true. Hold on. | 不是那样的 等等 |
[00:33] | It is true. | 就是那样的 |
[00:34] | And it’s why media-types, | 这也是为什么媒体 |
[00:36] | especially in New York City and Hollywood hate the US Military, | 特别是纽约市和好莱坞的 媒体讨厌美国军队 |
[00:39] | hate the president, | 讨厌总统 |
[00:40] | and frankly hate guys like me. | 坦白地说 像我这样的人他们都讨厌 |
[00:43] | What have they got to rush? | 他们干么这么激进? |
[00:44] | -Nobody hates the US Military! -Bottom line is¡ | – 没人痛恨美国军队 – 底线是… |
[01:59] | S8E13 | |
[02:09] | A retreat? | 放大假? |
[02:10] | Yes! | 没错 |
[02:11] | A company outing. | 全公司都去旅行 |
[02:12] | Where we all to get to know our inner selves. | 让我们出行去审视真实的自我 |
[02:15] | Do people ever get to your core, Jimmy? | 曾有人深入你的内心了解你嘛 Jimmy |
[02:17] | Or do they stop short at the mantle? | 还是他们只到你的脂肪层就放弃了? |
[02:19] | Did you hear that? | 听到没? |
[02:20] | Fat’ joke. | 又是笑话胖子的 |
[02:21] | I’m actually being quite serious here. | 其实我是说真的唉 |
[02:23] | -We all work too hard. -Young, Frutt and Berluti. | 我们工作太辛苦了 Young Frutt和Berluti |
[02:25] | How about Tahiti? | 要不去大溪地? |
[02:26] | Alan! | |
[02:28] | Paul Stewart? | |
[02:29] | He says it’s an emergency. | 他说这很紧急 |
[02:33] | Paul? | |
[02:34] | Alan! | |
[02:35] | I need you to get down to my office, now! | 快来我的办公室 现在 快 |
[02:37] | Did I miss a checkup? | 我错过了检查时间? |
[02:39] | I’ve got an emergency. | 我有紧急事件 |
[02:40] | I’ve detectives in my waiting room! | 有两个警探正在我的候诊室 |
[02:41] | I need you to get down here; | 我要你现在就过来 |
[02:43] | you need to come through my private entrance so they don’t see you. | 你得从私人通道进来 别让人看到 |
[02:46] | Hurry, Alan. | 快啊 Alan |
[02:49] | I’m in trouble. | 我有麻烦了 |
[03:09] | Alan! | |
[03:09] | What is going on? | 到底是怎么回事啊? |
[03:11] | Come in, please. | 请进 |
[03:15] | -They’re still waiting out there. -In a second, Cheryl. | – 他们还在外面等着 – 马上就好 Cheryl |
[03:17] | -They’re about to just wa¡ -I’ll be out in second. | – 他们就要… – 我马上出去 |
[03:19] | Just tell them I’m finishing a procedure. | 就跟他们说 我正在做手术 |
[03:23] | Listen. | 听着 |
[03:24] | I’ve been having an affair. | 我有了外遇 |
[03:27] | Brenda Wilbur. Who I believe you know? | 你认识的吧? |
[03:29] | -Brenda Wilbur? -Yes. | – 是的 |
[03:30] | -I’ve been wanting to have an affair with Brenda Wilbur. -Can you shut up? | – 我一直都想和她有一腿的 – 拜托你闭嘴 |
[03:33] | Can you just shut up, please? | 拜托你闭嘴先听我说好不好? |
[03:35] | She’s dead. | 她死了 |
[03:38] | -What? -Somebody bludgeoned her, or something. | – 什么? – 她被钝物砸死了 或其他什么的 |
[03:40] | I saw the body. I was there last night. | 我看到了尸体 我昨晚在那 |
[03:42] | I walked in¡ | 我走进去 |
[03:42] | -Wha – , wait, slow down. -I can’t slow down. | – 什么?你慢点说 – 我慢不了 |
[03:44] | The police are out there. I was there. | 警察就在外面呐 我到过现场 |
[03:45] | I had make love to here earlier, and now they’re here to ask me questions. | 我早些时候和她上过床 现在他们过来问我话了 |
[03:47] | -Okay, let’s¡ -Do I talk to the police now? | – 这样 我们先… – 我现在该告诉警察嘛? |
[03:49] | Do I tell them I was there? What should I do? | 我该不该告诉他们我当时到过现场? 我该怎么办? |
[03:52] | -They’re coming. -Just get out. | – 他们就要进来了 – 你先出去 |
[03:57] | What do I do? | 我该怎么办? |
[03:58] | It’s gonna look suspicious if I have a lawyer. | 如果我现在就请了律师 会不会看上去像是我有嫌疑? |
[04:00] | How do I even explain you being here? | 连怎么解释你在我这 我都不知道 |
[04:03] | He said he’d be right out! | 他说了马上就出来! |
[04:04] | -We’ve been here an hour! -He’s in a procedure. | – 我们已经等了一个小时了! – 他正在给病人看牙 |
[04:05] | We don’t have time for this! | 我们没这闲工夫! |
[04:06] | So you keep saying. | 你一直这么说 |
[04:08] | I’m sorry, Doctor, but this is urgent. | 抱歉 医生 但这很紧急 |
[04:09] | Would you give me ten more seconds, for God’s sake? | 拜托你再稍等一下好不好? |
[04:11] | This patient could sue me. | 这个病人可是会告我的 |
[04:12] | He’s a lawyer. | 他是个律师 |
[04:14] | You know a Ms Brenda Wilbur? | 你知道 Brenda Wilbur吧? |
[04:16] | Why? | 怎么了? |
[04:17] | This needs to be a private conversation. | 这需要单独和你谈 |
[04:18] | You need to go back out there and wait. | 你得出去再等会 |
[04:22] | What about Brenda? | Brenda怎么了? |
[04:24] | She’s dead. | 她死了 |
[04:27] | Do you know her? | 你认识她嘛? |
[04:32] | What do you mean she’s dead? | 她死了? |
[04:34] | She was killed. | 她被谋杀了 |
[04:37] | Look, we really need to have this conversation in private. | 听着 我们必须和你单独谈一下 |
[04:39] | I need to ask you some things. | 我要问你点事情 |
[04:41] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[04:45] | Sorry. Heh. But, as a lawyer, | 打扰一下 呃 作为一个律师 |
[04:47] | I get suspicious when detectives barge asking questions about dead people. | 每次有警察问关于死人问题的时候我都很怀疑 |
[04:51] | This doesn’t involve you, sir. | 这不关你的事 先生 |
[04:52] | Actually it involves you more than you could ever imagine. | 事实上这相当关我的事 |
[04:54] | I’m not only this man’s friend. | 我不仅是他的朋友 |
[04:56] | I was a friend of Brenda Wilbur’s. | 我还是Brenda Wilbur的朋友 |
[04:57] | How did she die? | 她怎么死的? |
[04:59] | Head trauma. | 头部撞击致死 |
[05:00] | Your car was seen parked outside her place yesterday afternoon. | 昨天中午有人看见你的车停在她家门口了 |
[05:02] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[05:04] | Are you questioning this man as if he were a suspect? | 你们是把他当作一个嫌犯审问嘛? |
[05:07] | Certainly not! We ju¡ | 当然不是 我们只是… |
[05:08] | Paul, when a detective says certainly not, | Paul 当警探告诉你当然不是的时候 |
[05:09] | -you can be certain¡ -Sir! | – 你就可以确定… – 先生! |
[05:10] | It’s Alan Shore. | 是Alan Shore |
[05:12] | I’m sure my client would love to cooperate, | 我相信我的当事人很愿意合作 |
[05:14] | -but not before I get a little more information. -I don’t mind talking, Al. | – 但不是在我了解更多相关信息之前 – 我不介意告诉他们 Alan |
[05:17] | But I do mind, Paul. | 但是我介意 Paul. |
[05:20] | I know you have his best interests at heart, just the same¡ | 我相信你会保护他的利益 我也一样… |
[05:22] | -Mr Shore¡ -He’s not talking. | – Shore先生 – 他不会跟你们说的 |
[05:26] | Perhaps you’d like to. You’ve said nothing so far. | 也许你有什么想说的 你从进来就没说过话 |
[05:29] | I think he did it. | 我觉得他是凶手 |
[05:31] | Look, Counsel, | 听着 律师 |
[05:33] | this is how it’s gonna go, | 这么跟你说吧 |
[05:34] | he’s either going to talk to us here, | 他要么在这回答我们的问题 |
[05:36] | or we’re going to take him into custody and walk him right out that front door. | 要么我们押着他从正门走出去 |
[05:40] | This is a small town. | 这可是一个很小的城镇 |
[05:41] | This man’s family has quite a legacy in this small town. | 他的家族在这小镇上还是很有名望的 |
[05:44] | I don’t think he wants to be seen handcuffed in connection to the murder of a woman | 我想他不会希望被铐着作为杀害 一名女性的疑犯而走出门口 |
[05:48] | that he had a mysterious relationship with. | 尤其死者还和他有奸情 |
[05:50] | Do you? | 对吧? |
[05:52] | My God, you’re Kevin McCarley! | 上帝 你是Kevin McCarley! |
[05:54] | Alan Shore! | |
[05:55] | We went to middle school together. | 我们是一所中学的呀 |
[05:57] | How are you? Look at you! Wow! | 你过得如何? 看看你 喔! |
[05:59] | You’re still the same pain-in-the-ass you were then! | 你还像过去那么招人厌啊! |
[06:04] | Take him. | 带他走 |
[06:06] | -Alan! -Just a sec. | – 稍等 |
[06:10] | -Let me tell him what I know. -Terrible idea. | – 把我知道的告诉他们怎么样 – 非常糟糕的主意 |
[06:12] | We don’t know what he knows. | 我们不知道他们掌握了什么 |
[06:14] | -He is going to arrest me. -Look at me. | – 他要逮捕我 – 看着我 |
[06:16] | First of all. | 首先 |
[06:17] | Try not to look so much like a suspect. | 设法让自己看着不像个疑犯 |
[06:19] | Can you put something other than panic on your face? | 能不能试着不要露出惊慌的表情 |
[06:24] | You were having an affair with the victim. | 你和死者有一腿的 |
[06:26] | You were witnessed at the scene. | 你是现场目击证人 |
[06:29] | Dodging arrest isn’t the goal here. | 避免逮捕不是我们的重点 |
[06:31] | It’s about preventing a conviction. | 重点是阻止你被定罪 |
[06:34] | A conviction? | 定罪? |
[06:36] | You cannot give any statement to the police. | 什么都不要对警察说 |
[06:38] | There’s a reason for the little jingle. | 我让你这么做是有根据的 |
[06:40] | What say, can and will be used against you. | “你所说的一切都将成为呈堂证供” |
[06:43] | What about Wendy? What about the kids? | 那Wendy怎么办?我的孩子们呢? |
[06:45] | I’ll go talk to them. | 我会跟他们讲的 |
[06:46] | In the meantime, you talk to nobody. | 同时 不要和任何人说话 |
[06:49] | I cannot believe this is happening to me. | 真不敢相信我摊上这种事 |
[06:51] | Look!If I have to arrest him right here! I will! | 听着 我可以现在就逮捕他 我会的 |
[06:53] | Shouldn’t you first do that other thing that police do? | 你们是不是该先做点其他警察该做的事? |
[06:55] | What’s the word? | 那叫什么来着? |
[06:56] | Investigate! | 调查 |
[06:58] | Maybe I should bring you in on aiding and abetting. | 也许我该把你当教唆犯一起带走 |
[07:00] | Kevin, it’s me, Alan! | Kevin 是我啊 Alan! |
[07:01] | We played on the same soccer team. | 我们曾是一个球队的 |
[07:03] | We’ve showered together! | 我们小时候还一起洗过澡! |
[07:05] | You had a very small penis then¡ has it? | 那时你的小弟弟好小喔 现在还那么小嘛? |
[07:08] | Take him. | 带他走 |
[07:09] | Say nothing! | 什么都别说 |
[07:13] | Let’s go. | 走了 |
[07:17] | Do we Mirandise here, Kev? Or is that not done in Dedham? | 是不是该宣读一下米兰达忠告(疑犯的权利) Kev? 还是Dedham这不这么做? |
[07:25] | They took him into custody. They didn’t make an actual arrest. | 他们把他带走了 不过不是真正的逮捕 |
[07:28] | Do they plan to? | 他们是不是打算逮捕他? |
[07:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:30] | It may just be about coercing a statement. | 也许只是为了强制他发表一份声明 |
[07:32] | Where are you now? | 你现在在哪? |
[07:33] | At the scene. | 在犯罪现场 |
[07:34] | I figured I’ll at least try and see whatever I can. | 至少试试看有什么我能做的 |
[07:37] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:48] | You again? | 怎么又是你? |
[07:50] | What are you doin’ here? | 你又在这做什么? |
[07:51] | I thought you were with my client. | 我以为你和我的当事人在一起 |
[07:53] | We’re given him time to think about cooperating. | 我们在给他时间让他考虑合作 |
[07:55] | I’m happy to advise him to cooperate. | 我很乐意让他和你们合作 |
[07:57] | But, I gotta have some idea what we’re dealing with here. | 不过我想先对情况有一些了解 |
[08:00] | I’d like to view the scene. | 我想看一下现场 |
[08:01] | View the scene? | 看现场? |
[08:02] | Why not? | 不行? |
[08:03] | Because we don’t give tours to civilians. | 因为闲杂人等是不可以进入犯罪现场的 |
[08:06] | I’m not gonna contaminate the crime scene. | 我又不是要破坏犯罪现场 |
[08:07] | -We haven’t even positively ID’d her yet. -If you want my guy to cooperate. | – 我们甚至还不能完全确定她的身份呢 – 如果你希望我的当事人合作 |
[08:10] | I can ID her! As I told you, I knew Brenda Wilbur. | 我可以确认她的身份 就像我告诉你的 我认识Brenda Wilbur |
[08:12] | She’s been ID’d. | 她的身份已经被确认了 |
[08:14] | Ah. Listen! You wanna talk to Paul Stewart, | 呃 听着 你希望Paul Stewart合作 |
[08:17] | I wanna let him talk to you. | 我也想让他配合你们的工作 |
[08:19] | Let me just get a glimpse of what we’re dealing with here first. | 那么就先让我了解一下大体情况 |
[08:22] | Help me, help you. | 对你我都有好处 |
[08:26] | You don’t want me saying in court you wouldn’t let me view the crime scene? | 你不希望我在法庭上指证 你不准我进入犯罪现场吧? |
[09:00] | She¡ uh¡ | 她 呃 |
[09:04] | …was found like that? | 被发现时就是这样? |
[09:06] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[09:13] | I uh¡ knew this woman. | 我 呃 认识这个死者 |
[09:20] | You okay? | 你还好吧? |
[09:23] | Yeah. | 嗯 没事 |
[09:27] | Get him off. Get him off!! | 把他拉开!! |
[09:33] | -You fainted? -Shh. Please. | – 你晕过去了? – 嘘 拜托 |
[09:36] | Don’t make fun of me, Eugene. | 别取笑我好不好 Eugene |
[09:37] | I wasn’t prepared for what I saw. | 我没想到会看到那样的情景 |
[09:40] | Right on the dead body? | 刚好倒在尸体上? |
[09:41] | I’m asking you for advice, not ridicule. | 我是向你讨教 不是听你奚落 |
[09:44] | Do I let the man speak? Or not? | 我该不该让他和警察交待什么? |
[09:46] | Not if he’s the suspect. | 只要他不是嫌犯就可以 |
[09:47] | -But assuming he’s innocent. -We never assume. | – 但是假设他是清白的 – 我们从不假设 |
[09:50] | I’ve known him since childhood. He’s¡ | 我们穿开裆裤的时候就认识了 他这个人 |
[09:51] | Ah¡ It’s the childhood friends you can never trust. | 呃 就是小时候的朋友才不可信 |
[09:54] | Alan! | |
[09:56] | Victoria?! | |
[09:57] | What’s being done? | 现在情况如何? |
[09:59] | -Victoria, this is Eugene Young, he’s¡ -Hello. | – Victoria 这是Eugene Young 他是… – 你好 |
[10:01] | What’s being done? | 情况如何? |
[10:03] | At this point there’s¡ | 就目前的状况来说… |
[10:04] | Is there a place for privacy? | 方便和你单独谈一下嘛? |
[10:07] | Yes. | 当然 |
[10:08] | Excuse us. | 失陪 |
[10:15] | There’s been no arrest yet. | 他还没有被逮捕 |
[10:17] | They can place him at the scene several hours before. | 他们已经知道数小时前他到过现场 |
[10:22] | I’m assuming¡ | 我猜… |
[10:25] | they can establish¡ | 他们可以确定… |
[10:26] | The affair? | 外遇? |
[10:29] | Paul told me about it. | Paul告诉我了 |
[10:30] | Really? | 真的嘛? |
[10:32] | I would think his mother would be the last person that he’d want¡ | 我以为他不会想和母亲说这件事呢 |
[10:39] | What else has he told you? | 他还告诉你什么了? |
[10:48] | You were extorted by the victim? | 你被受害人敲诈过? |
[10:52] | Paul, if I’m going to help you, | Paul如果想要我帮你的话 |
[10:54] | you need to share with me at least as much as you tell your mother! | 至少应该把告诉你母亲的事也告诉我! |
[11:00] | Brenda contacted a lawyer who¡ | Brenda找了个律师… |
[11:03] | Tried to shake you down? | 想敲诈你? |
[11:04] | I was veiled. | 已经摆平了 |
[11:07] | I confronted her over it. | 我跟她谈妥了 |
[11:08] | She apologized, admitted it was stupid idea. | 她道了歉 认了错 |
[11:12] | -It was not longer an issue. -No longer an issue? | – 这事已经过去了 – 已经过去了? |
[11:14] | It transpired a week before her head was pounded to mulch. | 这事就发生在她被砸死的一个星期之前 |
[11:17] | It wasn’t a coercive Quid Pro Quo. | 这又不是什么勒索敲诈 |
[11:19] | But you perceived it as extortion. | 但你已经察觉到这是勒索了 |
[11:21] | And she’s currently dead. | 而且她现在死了 |
[11:27] | Okay. | 这么说吧 |
[11:29] | Attorneys are divided over whether this next question should ever be posed to a client. | 律师们一向在是否该问当事人 这个问题上有分歧 |
[11:36] | But as a childhood friend who grew up with you, | 但是作为一个从小和你一起长大的朋友 我还是要问 |
[11:41] | did you commit this crime? | 是不是你杀的? |
[11:46] | For a childhood friend to have to ask me. | 我的童年好友却这么问我 |
[11:52] | The answer is, No. I did not. | 答案是 不是 我没有 |
[12:02] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[12:03] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[12:04] | Are you his lawyer? | 你是他的律师嘛? |
[12:06] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[12:06] | Paul Stewart. Are you his lawyer? | Paul Stewart 你是他的律师嘛? |
[12:09] | Mrs Piper! | Piper太太! |
[12:10] | Alan Shore! | |
[12:11] | I grew up here in Dedham. | 我在Dedham长大的 |
[12:12] | Just three streets over from you! | 就和你住的地方隔着三条街! |
[12:14] | -You used to trick-or-treat at my house! -Yes! | – 你经常在我家门口搞恶作剧呐 – 没错 |
[12:17] | -Ha, ha. Hello. -Hello! Aah! | – 哈哈 你好 – 你好 啊 |
[12:22] | You once laid a paper bag on my porch. | 你还在我的走廊上放过一个纸袋 |
[12:25] | It was full of dog crap. | 里面全是狗屎 |
[12:27] | I stomped it out and got stool on my fleece slippers. | 我一脚踩上去 羊绒拖鞋上沾的全是便便 |
[12:31] | It never came out. | 我到现在还记着呐 |
[12:35] | You were a crazy old bitch then. | 没见过你这种老疯子 |
[12:37] | I can see nobody’s adjusted you medication. | 可以想见从没有人调整过你的 药物治疗计划 |
[12:39] | Funny you should mention that! | 正好你提到了! |
[12:41] | This new Medicare package is gonna strap me. | 新的医疗保险方正打算抛弃我呐 |
[12:44] | I need money, Alan. | 我很缺钱 Alan |
[12:46] | So much so, I sometimes see it in my dreams. | 缺到我经常做梦都梦到它 |
[12:49] | In fact I see it almost everywhere. Ah¡ | 事实上 我看什么东西都像钱… |
[12:52] | I especially saw it at ten-thirty last night, | 特别是昨晚10点 当我看到我看到 Paul Stewart从Brenda家出来 |
[12:55] | when I saw Paul Stewart coming out of Brenda’s house. | 我就像看到一大笔钱 |
[13:00] | I refer of course to dead Brenda. | 我很自然地想到了死翘翘的Brenda |
[13:02] | The slut all of you wanted to screw in high school. | 那个你们上高中时都想和她睡的荡妇 |
[13:06] | Many of you went on to do it, I’m sure. | 我敢肯定你们中的很多人现在还想 |
[13:11] | I have yet to go to the police. | 我还没去警局告发 |
[13:15] | Tell Victoria if she pays me one point three million dollars, | 告诉Victoria 如果她给我130万 |
[13:19] | I won’t put her precious little baby in jail. | 我就不会把她的宝贝儿子送进监狱 |
[13:43] | I told you I went back. | 我告诉你了我回去过 |
[13:45] | I understand. | 我知道 |
[13:46] | But the police couldn’t place you there at night. | 但是警察还不知道你晚上到过那 |
[13:49] | Only during the afternoon. | 只知道下午的时候 |
[13:50] | This is much more damaging, Paul, | 这就更危险了 Paul |
[13:52] | to have you spotted leaving at ten-thirty. | 有目击证人看到你十点半离开 |
[13:55] | You’re not suggesting that we pay her off, are you? | 你不是在暗示我要收买她 吧? |
[13:57] | No! | 当然不是 |
[13:59] | But things aren’t getting any better. | 但情况不会比这更好 |
[14:01] | We’ve gotta prepare ourselves. | 我们要做好应对方案 |
[14:04] | I’m sorry; this is a lawyer-client meeting. | 抱歉 这是律师与委托人的会见 |
[14:06] | Nothing personal. | 不是针对你 |
[14:07] | I thought you’d like to know that we’re officially charging your client | 我想你应该想知道我们正式起诉 你的当事人 |
[14:11] | with the murder of Brenda Wilbur. | 以谋杀Brenda Wilbur的罪名 |
[14:13] | He’ll be arraigned tomorrow in Dedham Superior Court. | 明天他将被Dedham高等法院传讯 |
[14:48] | I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[14:49] | There’s nothing I can say in this way other than¡ | 我不知该说些什么 除了… |
[14:57] | you’ll get through this. | 你会好起来的 |
[15:00] | Did you know? | 你知道吗? |
[15:02] | About? | 知道什么? |
[15:04] | Her. | 她 |
[15:08] | No. | 不 |
[15:10] | I haven’t really kept in touch with Paul the last few years. | 我好久没和Paul接触过了 |
[15:15] | You and me, both. | 我也是一样 |
[15:19] | Melissa. | |
[15:22] | Michael. | |
[15:24] | When you were very young I told you a story | 当你们还很小时 我给你们讲过一个故事 |
[15:28] | about my first day at kindergarten? | 关于我上幼儿园第一天的故事 |
[15:31] | You probably don’t remember. | 你们估计没印象了 |
[15:34] | I was so scared. | 我很惶恐 |
[15:36] | To the point of tears. | 就在我惶恐到要哭的时候 |
[15:38] | Then this little boy I didn’t even know, | 一个我从未见过的小男孩 |
[15:41] | came up to me and took a hold of my hand | 向我走来 拉着我的手 |
[15:45] | and told me everything would be okay. | 并对我说一切都会好起来 |
[15:52] | Your dad has held on to my hand through much of our childhood. | 差不多就是你们现在这个年纪 你们的父亲陪我一路走来 |
[16:04] | He was then, as he remains today, | 他自那时起到现在都是这样 |
[16:07] | the most compassionate, gentle person I know. | 是我所知的人中 最富同情心最绅士的男人 |
[16:15] | He did not commit this crime. | 他没有杀人 |
[16:18] | He did not commit this crime. | 他决不会杀人 |
[16:28] | Okay. We’ll see you then. | 好的 那到时见 |
[16:32] | He’s still out in Dedham. | 他还在Dedham |
[16:34] | He’ll here in the morning, | 他明天早上回来 |
[16:35] | and then he’s going back to Dedham for the arraignment. | 然后再去Dedham参加法庭 |
[16:38] | This was really his best friend? | 这真是他最好的朋友? |
[16:39] | Evidently. | 很明显 |
[16:41] | He doesn’t seem the type. | 感觉不像他 |
[16:43] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[16:45] | Alan! | |
[16:46] | To have a best friend.’ | 有”好朋友” |
[16:48] | Eugene. | |
[16:51] | A lot of values may have passed him by, | 他虽然不屑于很多道义准则 |
[16:55] | but friendship, | 但是友谊 |
[16:57] | and the loyalty that goes along with it? | 以及对于朋友的忠诚 |
[17:00] | He lives by that. | 是他活着的意义 |
[17:32] | Here you are! | 你在这里 |
[17:35] | May I ask why? | 为什么来这? |
[17:37] | Just thought I’d get a look at the room. | 只是觉得我该来这里看一下 |
[17:40] | She if it’s how I remember. | 追悼一下她吧 |
[17:43] | What are you doing here? | 你来这做什么? |
[17:47] | Will he be granted bail? | 他能获准保释嘛? |
[17:50] | Well, he’s a trusted life-long member of the community. Which his family half built. | 呃 他是这个社区可信赖的永久居民 这社区几乎有一半都是他的家族建立的 |
[17:55] | Strong roots. | 根深蒂固 |
[17:57] | Doctor. | 又是医生 |
[17:58] | Poses no threat to society. | 对社会不具任何危害性 |
[18:02] | That, and a million dollars should get him bail. | 这样看的话 一百万应该就差不多了 |
[18:10] | I’m gonna be candid. | 我打算坦白地说 |
[18:12] | There’s a switch! | 你换话题了! |
[18:14] | However accomplished you are, | 尽管作为一个民事诉讼律师你很成功 |
[18:16] | as a civil attorney, your criminal experience¡ | 但你的刑事诉讼经验… |
[18:22] | Would I be wise to look for another attorney, Alan? Please do not be offended. | 我另请律师会不会更好些 Alan? 并无冒犯之意 |
[18:28] | Victoria, you will micro-manage whoever tries this case. | Victoria 不管是多优秀的律师 你都一定会干涉操控他 |
[18:31] | Best to go with someone who won’t be thrown by your interference. | 最好的办法是找一个不会因 你的干涉而烦恼的人 |
[18:35] | And if you don’t like what I’m doing | 而且只要你不喜欢我的做法 |
[18:36] | you can always pull down my pants like old times and give me a spank. | 你可以还像过去那样脱掉我的裤子 打我的屁股 |
[18:41] | As I remember, you liked that. | 我记得你喜欢我这样做的 |
[18:51] | Did he do this? | 是他杀的嘛? |
[18:54] | You know Paul. | 你了解 Paul |
[18:57] | He could never be capable of bludgeoning the life out of a human being. | 他绝不可能 那么残忍地夺走一个人的生命 |
[19:05] | People change. | 人都会变的 |
[19:11] | If you only knew what I’ve become. | 如果你知道了我已经变成什么样 |
[19:14] | When you were sixteen, | 你16岁的时候 |
[19:17] | you slept with your best friend’s mother. | 和你最好朋友的母亲发生了关系 |
[19:23] | How have you changed? | 你怎么改变这点? |
[19:30] | To have Eleanor join me. | Eleanor也加入这个案子 |
[19:32] | Tara too. | Tara也是 |
[19:34] | That should be enough for now. | 这会儿应该是人手够了 |
[19:36] | As we get closer to trial we may need to add more. | 临近审讯的时候我们还需要增加人手 |
[19:38] | I know I can’t monopolize the whole firm¡ | 我知道我不能霸占着 整个律所的人手… |
[19:40] | Can he pay for all this? | 他付得起这些费用吗? |
[19:42] | His mother can. | 他母亲付得起 |
[19:43] | This is a check for seven hundred and fifty as retainer. | 这张75万的支票是订金 |
[19:46] | I told her it’ll likely go higher. | 我告诉她可能会花费更多 |
[19:48] | Seven hundred and fifty thousand? | 75万? |
[19:49] | We should obviously hire a private investigator immediately, | 很明显 我们应该马上雇一位私人调查员 |
[19:52] | since you used to be PI, Eugene, | 既然你曾经做过私人调查员 Eugene |
[19:54] | it would be great if you were able to oversee that end of it. | 你能监察着情况发展就最好了 |
[19:57] | Jimmy? Did you use to be anything? | Jimmy? 你过去做过什么吗? (你曾经是个什么玩意吗) |
[19:59] | When’s the arraignment? | 什么时候传讯? |
[20:01] | This afternoon. | 今天下午 |
[20:02] | Jaime, maybe you should head up the legal research. | Jaime也许你该主导法律调查 |
[20:04] | We may be filing various motions in limonene, | 我们可能会用各种理由来提起动议 |
[20:07] | the exclusionary rule could be optional with these people. | 对这帮人我们可能会用到证据排除规则 |
[20:11] | I’m sure it’s good. | 我肯定这样有用 |
[20:12] | We should get going; it’s a schlep to Dedham. | 我们该出发了 全体奔向Dedham |
[20:14] | Can I make one observation? | 我能不能说一下我的感觉? |
[20:16] | Certainly. | 当然 |
[20:18] | You seem nervous. | 你看上去有些焦虑 |
[20:21] | Eleanor has criminal experience; maybe she should first-chair. | Eleanor有刑事诉讼经验 也许由她做主辩护比较好 |
[20:27] | I’m fine. | 我可以的 |
[20:30] | Shall we? | 走吧? |
[20:38] | The arraignment itself figures to be short. | 传讯的过程应该很简短 |
[20:40] | Basically a reading over the charges, | 基本上只是宣读一下起诉罪名 |
[20:42] | possibly the setting up a trial date. | 确定一下审讯日期这些 |
[20:44] | What we know about the defense attorney, | 关于辩护律师我们知道的是 |
[20:46] | his name is Alan Shore, | 他叫Alan Shore |
[20:48] | a prominent civil attorney, | 很有名气的民事诉讼律师 |
[20:49] | primarily known for his anti-trust work. | 尤其在反垄断方面 成绩斐然 |
[20:52] | ¡hearing now that he grew up with the defendant. | 据传 他和被告自幼一起长大 |
[20:54] | That in fact, they were childhood friends. | 事实上 他们是童年时的朋友 |
[20:58] | Commonwealth versus Paul Stewart, | 联邦 对 Paul Stewart |
[21:01] | charging one count in violation of general laws | 指控其触犯普通法 |
[21:04] | chapter two, six, five sub section one. | 第265章 第一部分 |
[21:07] | Murder in the first degree. | 一级谋杀罪 |
[21:13] | Quiet down. | 肃静 |
[21:18] | Quiet down! | 肃静 |
[21:22] | You people will have to contain yourself this very instance. | 你们这帮人马上给我安静下来 |
[21:29] | Let me tell you members of the media. | 告诉你们这些媒体 |
[21:31] | I don’t have much use for the media. | 我对你们媒体没什么好感 |
[21:35] | I let the media in only so you can get your pictures and be done with it. | 我放你们进来 只为让你们拍照片然后滚蛋 |
[21:39] | Now I can be done with you. | 现在我就能让你们滚蛋 |
[21:41] | I won’t have the media spew their toxic waste in my room! | 我不会让你们把这法庭弄得乌烟瘴气的! |
[21:49] | Mr Shore! | Shore先生 |
[21:51] | I understand you have waived a formal reading of the charges? | 你已经放弃了对于指控罪名的正式宣读? |
[21:54] | That’s correct, Your Honor. | 一点不错 法官大人 |
[21:55] | I’d also like to enter my appearance along with Ms Eleanor Frutt’s at this time. | 我还想告诉您这次由 我和Eleanor Frutt女士担任辩护律师 |
[21:59] | So noted. | 知道了 |
[22:01] | Is there a question of bail? | 保释有疑问嘛? |
[22:02] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[22:03] | The Commonwealth opposes bail. | 控方反对保释 |
[22:05] | Dr Stewart has not prior record, Your Honor. | Dr Stewart没有任何犯罪记录 法官大人 |
[22:08] | He’s never even been charged with a crime. | 他从未因任何罪名而被起诉过 |
[22:09] | Well, he sure picked a beaut to start with. | 是吗 那他肯定是想从美女开始下手了 |
[22:13] | He poses neither a safety nor a flight risk, | 他也没有出逃的可能 |
[22:15] | he has extremely strong roots in the community. | 他在这个社区有着极深的渊源 |
[22:17] | How many times have you appeared before me, Mr Shore? | 你在我面前出现过几次 Shore先生? |
[22:20] | Why? Does it get old? | 怎么了 听起来很老套吗? |
[22:23] | Is that an insult? | 这是侮辱我嘛? |
[22:25] | Sounds like he may have insulted me. | 听起来像他刚才在侮辱我 |
[22:27] | Read that back. | 重读一遍 |
[22:28] | Why does it get old. | 怎么了 听起来很老套吗 |
[22:30] | Objection to the reading, Judge. | 反对重读 法官 |
[22:31] | It lacked nuance. | 体现不出精妙所在 |
[22:34] | Read that back! | 再倒回去 |
[22:35] | Objection to the reading, Judge. | 反对重读 法官 |
[22:37] | It lacked nuance. | 体现不出精妙所在 |
[22:39] | Renew my objection, Judge. | 更新我的反对 法官 |
[22:40] | The reporter is flat. Tonally! | 书记员太平板了 我指的是声调(- -) |
[22:43] | He sounds like smartass. | 他好像很牛逼啊 |
[22:45] | Is he an ass? | 他是混蛋嘛? |
[22:46] | Your Honor. My client poses no danger. | 法官大人 我的当事人不具任何危险性 |
[22:49] | He’s not going anywhere. | 他哪都不会去 |
[22:50] | Two million. Cash! | 2百万 现金 |
[22:53] | We’ll conference on Wednesday at ten o’clock to set our schedule. | 周三上午10点我们再开会确定时间 |
[22:57] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[23:55] | We of course will have a formal memorial service soon to be scheduled. | 我们当然会尽快选定时间再举行 一次正式的追思会 |
[24:00] | But considering the enormity of this tragedy, | 只是考虑到这次惨案的严重性 |
[24:03] | many of you wanted to convene today. | 很多人都希望今天召开 |
[24:05] | And I support that. | 我也愿意这样 |
[24:08] | Brenda Wilbur was a beloved member of this community. | Brenda Wilbur是这个社区深受爱戴的一分子 |
[24:12] | A life-long resident. | 本地的永久居民 |
[24:14] | And it’s at times like these that we as a community come together. | 发生这种事情 我们作为一个社区更要团结起来 |
[24:24] | The first thing we need to discuss is venue. | 首先我们要探讨的是审判地 |
[24:26] | Is Dedham the best place for this trial? | Dedham这里对我们而言是最佳选吗? |
[24:30] | Why wouldn’t it be? | 为什么不是? |
[24:32] | Well. Everybody here knows your son. | 呃 这里的人都知道您的儿子 |
[24:35] | That’s a good thing, Eleanor, his reputation is impeccable. | 这是好事啊 Eleanor他的名声是极好的 |
[24:37] | It can’t be impeccable, Alan, | 并非如此 Alan |
[24:39] | he had an affair. | 他有外遇 |
[24:41] | They know him to be gentle, caring, incapable of¡ | 他们都知道他文雅而有同情心… |
[24:44] | And the other potential problem is that everybody here seems to know you. | 另一个潜在问题是 这里的人似乎也都知道你 |
[24:51] | Meaning? | 那又怎样? |
[24:52] | You’re not the most upstanding citizen on the eastern sea board. | 你并不是东海岸这边传统意义上的正人君子 |
[24:55] | My life of indiscretion started after I left Dedham. | 我不羁的人生是从离开Dedham后才开始的 |
[24:58] | The trial will be here. | 审判地就在这 |
[25:00] | Everybody who knows Paul knows that he couldn’t have committed that kind of violence. | 所有认识Paul的人都知道他不会 犯下这种罪行 |
[25:06] | That has to inure to his benefit with the jury pool. | 要让所有陪审团成员都知道这点 |
[25:09] | Thirdly, people like to see the high and mighty fall. | 第三 人们喜欢看有权有势的人垮台 |
[25:13] | -Its human nature… -If anything, Paul comes off as meek. | – 这是人的本性… – 不管怎样 Paul给人的印象很斯文 |
[25:18] | But you don’t. | 但你不是 |
[25:20] | I don’t mean to sound rude, | 无意冒犯 |
[25:21] | but from my cursory check on the pulse of this town | 不过从我在这镇上的粗略调查来看 |
[25:24] | the dislike of you runs deep. | 人们对你的仇视很深 |
[25:27] | I’d hate for the jury to convict Paul to vicariously get back at… | 我不希望陪审团将这仇视转嫁 到Paul的身上 |
[25:31] | What’s your name again? | 你叫什么来着? |
[25:35] | Eleanor. | |
[25:36] | You’re discharged, Eleanor. | 你被解聘了 Eleanor |
[25:38] | That’s not a good idea, Victoria. | 这可不是好主意 Victoria |
[25:40] | I don’t want her part of the defense team. | 我不希望她在辩护团队里 |
[25:42] | -Paul, this is your defense, not¡ -I’m paying for it! | – Paul 这是你的案子 – 付账的人是我 |
[25:46] | I won’t pay for her. | 我不会付她那份 |
[25:49] | You’re welcome to stay and observe pro bono, | 你可以继续留下无偿服务 |
[25:51] | but the sound of your voice, | 但是你说话的口气 |
[25:53] | -that, that would be a deal breaker. -Mom. | – 只会把事情弄糟 – 妈妈 |
[25:54] | I know what the people of Dedham response to, Paul. | 我知道Dedham的人会有什么反应 Paul |
[25:57] | That’s how I built my fortune, | 我就是这么起家的 |
[25:58] | and they will not respond to this¡ | 他们不会跟着这位… |
[26:02] | Eleanor. | Eleanor起哄的 |
[26:07] | You’re discharged. | 你被解聘了 |
[26:08] | May I speak to you in private? | 我能单独和你说两句吗? |
[26:10] | No. You can either leave with her, | 不能 要么和她一起离开 |
[26:12] | or stay without her. | 要么自己留下来 |
[26:22] | I’ll see you back at the office. | 一会办公室见 |
[26:35] | One of the best criminal attorneys of this State just walked out that door. | 刚走出这扇门的人是本州 最优秀的刑事律师之一 |
[26:39] | The only reason I don’t walk out with her is because of Paul. | 我留下来的唯一原因 只是为了Paul |
[26:43] | That’s nice. | 很好啊 |
[26:46] | Let’s turn to the most pressing matter, | 我们先解决最紧要的问题 |
[26:48] | Catherine Piper. | |
[26:49] | How are we arranging to pay her off? | 我们怎么收买她堵住她的嘴? |
[26:51] | We aren’t. | 我们不需要 |
[26:53] | Mom. That will come back to¡ | 妈 那样又会回到… |
[26:54] | If she testifies that she saw you leave the house at ten-thirty in an agitated state¡ | 如果她作证说晚上10点看到你 歇斯底里地从那房子里跑出来… |
[26:59] | I cannot bribe this witness. | 我不能贿赂这名目击证人 |
[27:03] | Alan. Who do you think you’re kidding? | Alan 你开什么玩笑? |
[27:06] | This woman¡ | 这个女人… |
[27:07] | This is one of your most dear friends. | 他可是你最好的朋友 |
[27:12] | Victoria¡ | |
[27:13] | I’m not letting my only child go to prison. | 我不会让我唯一的孩子去坐牢的 |
[27:18] | If you wanna walk out now, do it. | 如果你现在想退出 走 |
[27:21] | But Catherine Piper will not be testifying | 但Catherine Piper不会出庭作证 |
[27:24] | as to what she saw the night Brenda Wilbur was killed. | 说出她在Brenda Wilbur 死的那晚看到的东西 |
[27:39] | I can see you’ve found great success in holding your own with her. | 我发现你在做乖儿子方面非常成功 |
[27:43] | I don’t want you committing any crimes on my behalf. | 我并不想你因为我而难做 |
[27:45] | I wanna make that clear. | 我想澄清一下 |
[27:46] | Yes. You just didn’t wanna make it clear in front of your mother. | 是啊 你只是不想在你母亲面前 澄清这点而已 |
[27:51] | She’s still a force. What can I say? | 她还是很强势 我能说什么? |
[27:53] | How about, No.? | 比如”不”? |
[28:05] | I don’t mean to judge you. | 我并不是要指责你 |
[28:08] | Yes, you do. | 是的 你就是在指责我 |
[28:25] | Excuse me, Sir, | 抱歉 先生 |
[28:25] | I’m looking for God and the men’s room. | 我在找上帝 还有男厕所 |
[28:28] | Could you point me in the right direction? | 你能给我指引一条正确的道路吗? |
[28:29] | It’s true. | 传闻是真的啊 |
[28:31] | You’re really back. | 你真的回来了 |
[28:35] | Still in the sin business I see. | 还在和罪恶打交道啊 看来 |
[28:37] | As are you, I’m sure. | 就像你一样 |
[28:40] | Aye, it’s good to see you. | 啊 很高兴再见到你 |
[28:43] | Although not under these circumstances. | 不过真不想是在这种情形下 |
[28:46] | He’s in terrible trouble, Tom. | 他有大麻烦了 Tom |
[28:49] | Are you gonna be able to help him? | 你能帮到他嘛? |
[28:50] | I hope so. | 但愿如此 |
[28:52] | I haven’t kept in constant touch the last few years. | 我好几年没和他联系了 |
[28:56] | Am I missing anything? | 发生过什么我不知道的事? |
[28:57] | Is it possible¡? | 有没有可能…? |
[28:59] | Paul? God, no! | Paul? 上帝啊 不! |
[29:02] | Course not. | 绝对不可能 |
[29:04] | There are many people who probably had it in for that woman. | 很多人都和这女人有情事 |
[29:06] | Which is why I’m here. | 这就是我来的原因 |
[29:08] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[29:10] | You’re her priest. | 你是她的牧师 |
[29:12] | I’m assuming she practiced confession. | 我猜她常来告解忏悔 |
[29:14] | Did she ever mention anything? | 她有没有提到过什么? |
[29:16] | I can’t talk about anything said in confession. | 告解的内容我是不能透漏的 |
[29:18] | She’s dead. | 她已经死了 |
[29:20] | The seal survives death. | 死者的告解也是保密的 |
[29:23] | I think you know that. | 我想你应该知道 |
[29:25] | Paul’s on trial for his life here. | Paul可能被判处终身监禁 |
[29:27] | If you know something that can help him¡ | 如果你知道什么能帮到他的 |
[29:32] | I can’t break the confessional seal. | 我不能违反告解保密条例 |
[29:39] | Perhaps something you thought she said in confession, | 也许有什么是你以为她是在告解中说的 |
[29:42] | something she actually said here, | 其实她是在这里说的 |
[29:46] | or just outside the confessional. | 或者在忏悔室外某个地方说的 |
[29:51] | You’d be able to share that, wouldn’t you, Tom. | 这你可以告诉我 对吗 Tom |
[29:54] | This isn’t about skirting a rule, Alan. | 这并不是为了规避法则 Alan |
[29:57] | I have an obligation to God. | 这是上帝赋予我的责任 |
[30:01] | If you know anything you can share, Tom, | 如果你有任何能透漏的消息 Tom |
[30:05] | now’s the time. | 现在正是时候说 |
[30:09] | And I’m the person to share it with. | 而我就是那个聆听的人 |
[30:18] | It’s good to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[30:22] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[30:40] | Both rule thirteen and rule fourteen. | 第13条和第14条 |
[30:42] | Make sure you get a bill of particulars, | 确保拿到索偿清单 (由原告人呈交事实详情作为澄清或 进一步 解释控诉事项及/或所声称实情的文件) |
[30:44] | and ask them for any evidence in their possession | 还有问问公诉方掌握了什么证据 |
[30:47] | that supports any affirmative defense be it insanity, | 能支持对我们有利的辩护 例如精神失常 |
[30:50] | intoxication, alibi, anything, Jamie. | 中毒 不在场证明 任何东西 Jamie |
[30:52] | Right. Make is as far reaching as you can. | 没错 尽量获得多点信息 |
[30:59] | Yeah. Ah¡ | 嗯 呃… |
[31:00] | I’ll get back to you. | 我一会给你打过去 |
[31:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:09] | Alan! | |
[31:10] | I believe you’ve met Catherine Piper. | 我想你已经见过Catherine Piper了 |
[31:13] | What is she doing here? | 她怎么会在这里? |
[31:14] | Why, I’m here to suck on one of Victoria’s shriveled nipples, of course. | 为什么? 我当然是来吮吸Victoria那干瘪的乳头的 |
[31:19] | Is that why you’re here, Alan? | 你也是为这个而来嘛 Alan? |
[31:21] | Or is it just to drop some dog crap off at the door? | 还是只想在门前扔点狗屎? |
[31:25] | Victoria, I need to have a word with you now. | Victoria 我现在要和你单独谈一下 |
[31:28] | Would you excuse us, Catherine? | 失陪一下 Catherine |
[31:30] | Why, of course, Honey. | 没问题 亲爱的 |
[31:39] | You cannot do this. | 你不能这么做 |
[31:41] | I’ve already made the deal. | 我已经和她达成交易了 |
[31:42] | That woman is extremely unstable. | 这个女人非常不可靠 |
[31:45] | She absolutely cannot be trusted. | 她绝对不可信 |
[31:48] | And if this ever gets out¡ | 如果这件事败露… |
[31:49] | If it gets out we simply say she’s lying. | 那我们就说她在撒谎 |
[31:51] | Or like you say, she’s unstable. | 或像你说的 她不可靠 |
[31:55] | This is so dangerous. | 这样太危险了 |
[31:57] | What’s dangerous would be her testimony. | 她去作证才危险 |
[32:01] | Victoria, this could bury your son in the end. | Victoria 这到头来可能会毁了你的儿子 |
[32:04] | VNo, I’m made my life trusting¡ | 不会 我的人生就是这么… |
[32:07] | This is Paul’s life! | 这是Paul的人生 |
[32:11] | You seem to keep forgetting that. | 你好像总是忘了这点 |
[32:14] | You can stay. Or you can go. | 你可以留下 要么就离开 |
[32:27] | I thought I heard words. | 我好像听到争吵声 |
[32:28] | Were you two having words? | 你们刚在争吵嘛? |
[32:30] | You will also be available to testify | 你还是要出庭作证 |
[32:32] | that you saw Paul leave at five PM. | 说你看到Paul下午5点离开的 |
[32:35] | And that you saw neither him nor his car after that. | 而且此后在没有见过他和他的车 |
[32:39] | Victoria! That would be perjury. | Victoria 那可是做伪证 |
[32:42] | The price goes up for perjury! | 作伪证的价钱要更高! |
[32:45] | You will do it for this price, Catherine. | 就这个价 Catherine |
[32:53] | It must be awful to be at the mercy of one of the little people. | 受一个小人物的支配一定很不爽吧 |
[32:57] | Imagine, Victoria, if I passed you on the street | 设想一下 Victoria 如果你在街上碰到我 |
[33:00] | you wouldn’t so much as make eye contact for fear of brushing with a commoner. | 你甚至都不会正眼看我一下 |
[33:05] | And now I’m in your dining room. | 而现在我却坐在你的饭厅里 |
[33:07] | Drinking from your china! | 用你的瓷器喝着东西 |
[33:11] | And you have to look at me. | 你还必须看着我 |
[33:13] | Look at me, Victoria. | 看着我 Victoria |
[33:16] | This is what can happen to vicious, | 这就是恶有恶报 |
[33:18] | soulless people such as yourself. | 像你这种卑鄙恶毒的人 |
[33:21] | Little people lay in wait to screw you over. | 一直有小人物等着整垮你 |
[33:25] | You walk around this town like you own it. | 你走在这镇子上就像你拥有这镇子 |
[33:28] | And I suppose much of it you do. | 我知道你的确拥有这镇子上的很多东西 |
[33:30] | Well, I guess you don’t own its people! Do you? | 不过我猜你并不拥有镇子里的人心 对不对? |
[33:35] | Don’t be silly, Catherine. | 别傻了 Catherine |
[33:36] | I’m buying you right now. | 我现在就在买下你 |
[33:39] | And that’ll be your legacy, won’t it? | 而且这也会成为你的名声 |
[33:42] | Catherine Piper for Sale. | 明码标价的Catherine Piper |
[33:54] | Mr. Shore? | Shore先生? |
[33:55] | Mr. Shore. | Shore先生 |
[33:56] | Could you give us a brief statement or two about what’s going on? | 你能不能简短地说一下事态 发展怎样了嘛? |
[33:58] | Certainly.He never pitches past seven, | 当然 他7点后根本没有去过 |
[34:00] | it was insane to let him return for the eighth, | 更没道理8点后再回去一趟 |
[34:02] | and everybody knew it, | 每个人都知道 |
[34:02] | and it’s equally insane for any of us to ever, | 让我们中的任何人 |
[34:05] | ever get sucked in again. | 再次被卷进这件谋杀案 同样很没道理 |
[34:09] | Maybe I should stay at my mother’s house for a while. | 也许我该去我妈妈家里躲躲 |
[34:11] | I’m sure she’d love it. | 我肯定她会很喜欢的 |
[34:13] | Did you know she’s paying off Catherine Piper? | 你知道她收买Catherine Piper嘛? |
[34:16] | If she insists on interfering you’re the only with the authority to banish her. | 如果她再这么干涉下去的话 只有你能阻止她了 |
[34:20] | If I say do that, Paul, you must. | 而我告诉你阻止她的时候 Paul 你必须阻止她 |
[34:24] | Wendy’s leaving. | Wendy要走了 |
[34:27] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么? |
[34:28] | She’s leaving me. | 她要离开我了 |
[34:32] | She’s planning to¡ Where is she? | – 她正打算… – 她在哪? |
[34:34] | In the kitchen. | 厨房 |
[34:38] | I tried to talk to her! | 我试着和她谈过了! |
[34:48] | You need to wait until the trial is over. | 你需要待到审判结束才能走 |
[34:50] | Why? | 为什么? |
[34:51] | Because it might and probably will negatively influence the jury. | 因为这很可能带给陪审团消极影响 |
[34:54] | You need to be by his side. At his side. | 你必须站在他这边 |
[34:56] | -I can’t do that. -If not for your husband, | – 我做不到 – 就算不是为了你的丈夫 |
[34:58] | then for your children’s father. | 也要为了你孩子的父亲着想 |
[35:01] | I’m not speaking as a marriage counselor, Wen¡ | 我不是出于一个婚姻咨询师 的立场这么说的 Wendy… |
[35:04] | The dish is dry. | 盘子已经擦干了 |
[35:13] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[35:16] | Believe it or not, | 不管你信不信 |
[35:17] | wives don’t statically leave their husbands over infidelity. | 妻子一般是不会仅因为丈夫的不忠 而离开的 |
[35:21] | With the remotest possibility that you walking out | 还有极小的可能 你的出走 |
[35:25] | could be perceived as you thinking he’s guilty of murder, | 会被认作是你也觉得他杀了人 |
[35:28] | and there is that possibility, | 而因为这个可能性 |
[35:29] | you cannot walk out that door now. | 你不能现在走 |
[35:31] | Maybe I do think he’s guilty of murder! | 也许我觉得他是杀人犯! |
[35:34] | You haven’t asked my opinion on that! Alan! | 你并没有问过我的观点 Alan! |
[35:38] | Let me ask. | 我来问吧 |
[35:42] | Do you think I’m guilty, Wendy? | 你也觉得是我杀的人 Wendy? |
[35:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:50] | What? I, I’m supposed to assume that I know you? That¡? | 怎么了? 我应该被假定为很了解你? |
[35:53] | You know I’m not capable of violence! | 你知道我不是一个会施暴的人! |
[35:55] | I didn’t think you were capable¡ | 我原本以为你还不会…(外遇) |
[36:01] | I’ll tell you what I’m not capable of. | 告诉你什么是我做不到的 |
[36:03] | Walking into a courthouse, day after day, | 一天天地进出那法庭 |
[36:05] | by your side, pretending¡ | 站在你这边 假装… |
[36:11] | If you don’t pretend he could be going to prison for life! | 如果你不假装他就会坐一辈子的牢 |
[36:18] | For a crime he didn’t commit. | 为他没犯过的罪行 |
[36:21] | No matter how angry you are with him right now, | 不管你现在对他有多恼火 |
[36:28] | you can’t possibly want that. | 你都不想要这种结果 |
[36:36] | Will she stay? | 她会留下来嘛? |
[36:37] | For now. | 目前会 |
[36:39] | Hopefully her anger will subside and we’ll work it out. | 希望她能消消气 我们能说动她 |
[36:45] | Victoria, I know how desperately you wanna save your son, | Victoria 我明白你迫切保护儿子的心情 |
[36:48] | but you must, you must let me handle the defense. | 但你必须 必须让我来负责这场辩护 |
[36:53] | You’re gonna end up hurting him. | 你只会伤害到他 |
[36:55] | I promise you. | 我向你保证 |
[36:57] | Just tell me you’ll win. | 只要告诉我你会赢就好 |
[36:59] | I can’t do that at this point. | 我现在不能打保票 |
[37:01] | It’s too soon to predict anything yet. | 现在做任何预测都为时过早 |
[37:04] | The case thus far is circumstantial, | 照目前的状况来看 证据不够充分 |
[37:06] | I work for perhaps the best criminal defense firm in the Commonwealth, | 我所在的律所在刑事辩护方面 可能算是全州最好的 |
[37:10] | we have every reason to be optimistic. | 我们非常有理由乐观些 |
[37:19] | Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? | 除却这些 Lincoln太太 交易进行的如何? |
[37:29] | Catherine Piper is a petty, vicious woman, | Catherine Piper 是一个很卑鄙恶毒的女人 |
[37:34] | and I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[37:36] | People like Catherine Piper can only shoot spitballs. | 像Catherine Piper这种人掀不起大风浪 |
[37:40] | Spitballs sting. | 小风浪也麻烦 |
[37:44] | You know, Alan, | 你知道的 Alan |
[37:47] | I’ve always believed that people regret more the things they don’t do, | 我一直觉得人们更后悔于 他们没做过的事 |
[37:52] | than the ones they do. | 多于他们做过的事 |
[37:55] | But one thing I did which I’ve long regretted¡ | 但有一件我一直很后悔的事 |
[38:03] | was sleeping with you. | 是曾经和你发生关系 |
[38:07] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 我真遗憾听到这话 |
[38:11] | I wasn’t a virgin, if it makes you feel better. | 我那时不是处男 如果这样说能让你好过些的话 |
[38:13] | Oh, it was quite clear at the time that you weren’t a virgin. | 噢 很明显你当时不是处男 |
[38:20] | No, it isn’t that, | 不 不是指那个 |
[38:22] | or even that you were young, | 也并不是你当时太年轻 |
[38:24] | or even that you were Paul’s best friend. | 也并不是你是Paul最好的朋友 |
[38:28] | What is it, then? | 那是什么? |
[38:31] | I suspected that you’d fallen in love with me. | 我当时怀疑你爱上了我 |
[38:39] | Did I hurt you? | 我那时有没伤了你的心? |
[38:44] | Victoria, I was sixteen. | Victoria 我当时16岁 |
[38:49] | Can a boy even be capable of love? | 一个小男孩知道什么是爱嘛? |
[38:56] | What I remember most was your kiss. | 我印象最深刻的是你的吻 |
[39:02] | Sixteen-year-olds tend to kiss like they’re eating chicken fingers. | 16岁的孩子接起吻来总像是在啃鸡爪子 |
[39:07] | How many teenagers had you been with? | 你和多少未成年人好过? |
[39:10] | Yours were so soft. | 你的吻却非常轻柔 |
[39:17] | Gentle. | 很温柔 |
[39:21] | Loving, I guess. | 是爱吧 我猜 |
[39:31] | It’s late. | 很晚了 |
[39:36] | I have a long drive. | 回去的路途很远 |
[39:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:45] | Good night, Victoria. | 晚安 Victoria |
[39:50] | G’night. | 晚安 |