| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:04] | Brenda Wilbur. Who I believe you know? | Brenda Wilbur 相信你认识 | 
| [00:06] | Brenda Wilbur? | |
| [00:07] | Yes,she is dead | 是的 她死了 | 
| [00:09] | -What? -Somebody bludgeoned her, or something. | -什么? -她被棍棒之类的打死了 | 
| [00:11] | -Wha – , wait, slow down. -The police are out there. I was there. | -什…等等 慢点讲 -警察就在外面 我当时在场 | 
| [00:14] | I had make love to here earlier, and now they’re here to ask me questions. | 她死之前 我在那里和她做过爱 现在他们要来调查我 | 
| [00:17] | Paul Stewart.Are you his lawyer? | Paul Stewart 你是他的律师吗? | 
| [00:19] | Mrs Piper! Alan Shore! | Piper太太! 我是Alan Shore! | 
| [00:21] | I grew up here in Dedham. | 我也是在Dedham长大的 | 
| [00:23] | I need money, Alan. So much so, I sometimes see it in my dreams. | 我需要钱 Alan 很多很多 就像我在梦里见到的一样 | 
| [00:27] | I especially saw it at ten-thirty last night | 特别是在那个晚上10点30分 | 
| [00:30] | when I saw Paul Stewart coming out of Brenda’s house. | 我看到Paul Stewart从Brenda家出来 | 
| [00:33] | How are we arranging to pay her off? | 我们要如何收买她? | 
| [00:34] | I cannot bribe this witness. | 我不能贿赂这个证人 | 
| [00:38] | I’m not letting my only child go to prison. | 我不会让我的独生子进监狱 | 
| [00:41] | As a childhood friend who grew up with you, | 作为一个和你青梅竹马的朋友 | 
| [00:44] | did you commit this crime? | 你认罪吗? | 
| [00:46] | The answer is, No. I did not. | 回答是 “不 我没有” | 
| [00:49] | wives don’t statically leave their husbands over infidelity. | 妻子不会因为丈夫的不忠的而离开 | 
| [00:53] | With the remotest possibility that you walking out | 你的离开多多少少会引来 | 
| [00:57] | could be perceived as you thinking he’s guilty of murder, | 别人认为你觉得他有罪的揣测 | 
| [01:00] | and there is that possibility, you cannot walk out that door now. | 既然有这种可能 你就不能现在走 | 
| [01:03] | Maybe I do think he’s guilty of murder! | 或许我真得认为他有罪! | 
| [01:05] | Brenda Wilbur was a beloved member of this community. | Brenda Wilbur是社区里受人喜爱的一员 | 
| [01:08] | A life-long resident. | 一生都在此度过 | 
| [01:10] | I’m assuming she practiced confession. Did she ever mention anything? | 我猜她来忏悔过吧 她有没有提到过什么事? | 
| [01:13] | If you know anything that can help him¡ | 如果你知道任何对他有用的事… | 
| [01:17] | I can’t break the confessional seal. | 我不能违反保密义务 | 
| [01:20] | Did he do this? | 是他干的吗? | 
| [01:23] | People change. | 人会变的 | 
| [01:25] | If you only knew what I’ve become. | 如果你能知道我现在成了什么样的人 | 
| [01:28] | When you were sixteen, | 你在16岁的时候 | 
| [01:30] | you slept with your best friend’s mother. | 睡了你最好的朋友的妈妈 | 
| [01:35] | How have you changed? | 你变了多少呢 Alan? | 
| [01:40] | All I’m asking without breaking the seal of | 我只要你在不破坏 | 
| [01:42] | any specific confession is that you reveal to me, | 某个保密义务下透露给我 | 
| [01:45] | generally, whether any ¡ | 只要大概 任何… | 
| [01:47] | I thought we were going out for a beer as old friends. | 我本以为大家是老朋友一场 才出来喝一杯 | 
| [01:49] | You know something. | 你肯定知道些什么 | 
| [01:51] | Why do you insist on that? | 你干嘛要钻这个牛角尖? | 
| [01:53] | Because I can read you. | 因为我能看穿你 | 
| [01:55] | I could when I was ten! | 我十岁时就能看穿你了 | 
| [01:58] | Tom. | |
| [02:00] | I know absolutely nothing that bears on this case. | 我绝对不知道任何和这案子有关的事 | 
| [02:03] | How about you let me be the judge of that? | 你何不让我自己来判断呢? | 
| [02:04] | And if I knew anything, Alan, | 就算我知道什么 Alan | 
| [02:08] | the information wouldn’t be favorable to Paul. | 那也是对Paul不利的信息 | 
| [02:17] | You said yourself, | 你自己说的 | 
| [02:19] | There’s no way he could have done this. | “他决不可能做出这种事” | 
| [02:21] | I don’t believe there is. | 我是不信 | 
| [02:25] | Look. | 瞧 | 
| [02:27] | And this is all I’m gonna say. | 我只能说这么多 | 
| [02:31] | Brenda felt like he was becoming emotionally involved with her. | Brenda觉得他对她产生了感情 | 
| [02:34] | It concerned her, she talked about that. | 她说过这让她很担心 | 
| [02:39] | There. | 好了 | 
| [02:40] | I’ve broken seal. | 我没能保密 | 
| [02:42] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 | 
| [02:44] | I hope you’re happy. Now I need to go to confession. | 我希望你开心了 现在我得去忏悔了 | 
| [02:47] | -That’s all? -Yes! | -就这样? -是的! | 
| [02:50] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信 | 
| [02:51] | – Oh, for God¡ – Come on, Tom! | -啊 看在上帝… -拜托 Tom! | 
| [02:53] | Don’t insult me here. | 别看小我 | 
| [02:56] | This girl ended up in some very unlikely places. | 这姑娘出乎意料地死了 | 
| [02:58] | You of all people know that. | 你应该比所有人更清楚 | 
| [03:01] | Meaning? | 什么意思? | 
| [03:10] | Tom? | |
| [03:14] | Was she ever with you? | 她和你有过吗? | 
| [03:17] | – What? – You heard me. | -什么? -你听得很清楚 | 
| [03:22] | Were you and Brenda ever¡? | 你和Brenda曾经…? | 
| [03:23] | Oh, you’ve gotta be out of your mind! | 啊 你肯定是疯了! | 
| [03:29] | I am. | 我是的 | 
| [03:32] | Were you ever out yours? With Brenda? | 你也有过吗?为Brenda而疯狂? | 
| [03:41] | I’m offering you a little window, my friend. | 我给你一个倾述的机会 伙计 | 
| [03:46] | Whatever you share with me here, | 你在这里对我说的话 | 
| [03:48] | it stays confidential between two old friends. | 只是两个老朋友间的秘密 | 
| [03:52] | Whatever I should turn up on my own however? | 但是如果我从中发现了什么线索 | 
| [03:54] | I will use. | 我会利用上的 | 
| [03:58] | I’m not kidding. | 我是认真的 | 
| [04:06] | Two old friends havin’ a beer. | 两个喝酒的老朋友 | 
| [04:09] | It stays between us? | 只有我们两人知道? | 
| [04:11] | You have my word. | 我发誓 | 
| [04:15] | It happened once. | 有过一次 | 
| [04:21] | When? | 什么时候? | 
| [04:23] | Two years ago. | 两年前 | 
| [04:25] | She was in my office in distress over¡ | 她来我的办公室 正苦恼于… | 
| [04:28] | who knows what affair she was having. | 天知道和谁的偷情 | 
| [04:30] | She was describing it, she… | 她口述起来 她… | 
| [04:32] | she felt demeaned by the sexual nature of it. | 她有了生理上的冲动 | 
| [04:37] | She was rather graphically describing… | 越说越生动… | 
| [04:42] | the events and, | 那事情… | 
| [04:44] | God help me, I got aroused. | 上帝救救我 我性奋了 | 
| [04:48] | You know, I’m not sure I was even aware of it, | 你瞧 我甚至自己都没有意识到 | 
| [04:52] | but evidently she was. | 但明显被她察觉到了 | 
| [04:58] | And she propositioned me. | 然后她向我求欢 | 
| [05:03] | I don’t even know how to respond to that. | 我不知道要说什么 | 
| [05:06] | I’m shocked. I’m stunned. | 我好吃惊 吓了一跳 | 
| [05:09] | I’m jealous. | 我嫉妒了 | 
| [05:10] | I am a good priest. | 我是个称职的神父 | 
| [05:14] | This stays between us, Alan. | 这事只能你知我知 Alan | 
| [05:16] | It has nothing to do with this case. | 这和案子没有半点关系 | 
| [05:25] | The Practice s8e14 | |
| [06:00] | His name is Terry Glazer, he’s a professional jury consultant. | 他叫Terry Glazer 是名职业陪审团顾问 | 
| [06:03] | – I need you to me¡ – I thought I was meeting with a witness. | -我需要你去见… -我以为我要去见证人 | 
| [06:05] | Your are. Mr Glazer will be in later. | 是的 稍后是Glazer先生 | 
| [06:07] | You’re to drive him to Dedham, interview people¡ | 你开车送他去Dedham 找人谈话… | 
| [06:09] | Has anybody seen Tara? | 有谁见到Tara了? | 
| [06:11] | She’s out with a client. She’ll be out all day. | 她和委托人在外面 一整天都不回来 | 
| [06:13] | I need a typist today, Alan. | 我今天需要个打字的 Alan | 
| [06:15] | I’m sure Jimmy can type. | 我相信Jimmy会打字 | 
| [06:17] | What’d you say? | 你说什么? | 
| [06:18] | Tara works for the firm, Alan, not just you. | Tara是为事务所工作的 Alan 不是只为你 | 
| [06:21] | Forgive me, but since I just brought | 原谅我 但是既然我刚带来了 | 
| [06:23] | in seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars, on top of the two million before that, | 75万美元的案子 以及之前的200万 | 
| [06:27] | -on top of the three million before that! I¡ -We all have caseloads here! | -还有之前的300万 我… -大家都有案子要办! | 
| [06:31] | I’ve seen your caseload, Jimmy. | 我看了你要办的案子 Jimmy | 
| [06:32] | And trust me; Tara can’t keep up with an ambulance. | 相信我 Tara没有起死回生的本领 | 
| [06:35] | -You know what?! -Hey! | -我告诉你! -嘿 | 
| [06:37] | I have an important trial starting next week. Keep that man away from me. | 我下个星期有重要的案子要开庭 让那个男人离我远点 | 
| [06:43] | – Hello! -Catherine! This way please. | -你好! -Catherine!这边请 | 
| [06:45] | Well! From your fancy suits I’d never have guessed you work in such a crap hole. | 哇!你仪表堂堂想不到却是 在这么个破地方工作 | 
| [06:50] | This way. | 这边 | 
| [06:52] | My! Aren’t you black? | 哇!你是黑人? | 
| [06:55] | Hold on. | 等一下 | 
| [06:56] | She’s a prosecution witness. Why is she here? | 她是检方证人 为什么会来这里? | 
| [07:00] | Because I care, Sweetheart. | 因为我关心这案子 甜心 | 
| [07:02] | Come on, Catherine. | 走吧 Catherine | 
| [07:11] | -Thank you for coming in. -I’m not giving back any of he money. | -谢谢你来 -我不会交还一分钱 | 
| [07:14] | I don’t wanna hear anything about money or any transaction, Catherine. | 我不想听任何和钱或是和协议有关的事情 Catherine | 
| [07:20] | This is Jamie Stringer, my associate. | 这位是Jamie Stringer 我的同事 | 
| [07:22] | – Hello, Dear. – Hi. | -你好 亲爱的 -嗨 | 
| [07:23] | I want you to go over your testimony with Jamie. | 我想让你和Jamie过一遍证词 | 
| [07:26] | – Every single de¡ – That wasn’t part of the deal. | -每一个细节… -这可不在交易范围里 | 
| [07:28] | -What deal? – There is no deal, Catherine. | -什么交易? -没有交易 Catherine | 
| [07:30] | You’re a potential witness in the trial. | 你只是审理中可能出庭的证人 | 
| [07:33] | You’ll likely be called to give testimony. | 你可以把这叫做提供证词 | 
| [07:35] | We need to know what exactly what the testimony will be. | 我们得知道确切的证词 | 
| [07:38] | I’d like you to sit with Jamie and te¡ | 希望你能坐下和Jamie… | 
| [07:40] | I’m sorry. I’m afraid that’s not possible. | 抱歉 恐怕不行 | 
| [07:42] | Why not? | 为什么不行? | 
| [07:44] | No offense, Sweetheart. I’m sure you’re darling, | 没有冒犯的意思 甜心 我肯定你是个可人儿 | 
| [07:48] | but your mouth looks like a drive- through window for oral sex. | 可你的嘴看起来就像是 提供”免下车口交服务”的人 | 
| [07:53] | I’m a Christian woman. | 我是个天主教徒 | 
| [07:56] | Get me another lawyer. | 给我另一个律师吧 | 
| [08:00] | What the hell is this? | 这究竟是怎么回事? | 
| [08:02] | She’s nuts. But we need her. | 她是疯婆子 但是我们需要她 | 
| [08:05] | What’s this deal she’s talking about? | 她说的交易是什么? | 
| [08:07] | The two of us played strip mahjong last night, it got rather ugly. | 我们两个昨晚玩了”脱衣麻将” 到最后场面有点难堪 | 
| [08:11] | Alan? | |
| [08:12] | Get her testimony, then meet with the jury consultant and get to Dedham. | 拿到她的证词 然后和陪审团顾问见面 一起去Dedham | 
| [08:22] | And according to Father Dugan, | 根据Dugan神父所言 | 
| [08:25] | Brenda believed that you were becoming emotionally involved. Is that true? | Brenda认为你动了感情 是真的吗? | 
| [08:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [08:31] | Paul. Look at me. | Paul 看着我 | 
| [08:37] | Next week we defend you on murder charges. | 下星期 我们就要上庭为你的谋杀罪辩护 | 
| [08:42] | I need to ask you personal question, | 我得问你私人问题 | 
| [08:44] | perhaps uncomfortable ones and you need to answer them. | 也许还是些不舒服的问题 但你得回答它们 | 
| [08:49] | Were youin love with Brenda Wilbur? | 你爱上Brenda Wilbur了吗? | 
| [08:58] | I believe I was falling in love, yes. | 我相信自己恋爱了 是的 | 
| [09:02] | And did she indicate her feelings toward you? | 那她有没有对你透露 她对你的感觉呢? | 
| [09:05] | She indicated that she was only interested only in sex. | 她暗示说她只对做爱感兴趣 | 
| [09:10] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [09:15] | Alan just called. He’s on his way. | Alan刚来了电话 他在来的路上 | 
| [09:17] | He wants you to meet him at the courthouse. | 他想让你和他在法院见面 | 
| [09:21] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [09:32] | Are you in love with her? | 你爱着她吗? | 
| [09:35] | I’m sorry? | 抱歉? | 
| [09:37] | Your wife. Are you in love with her? | 你妻子 你爱着她吗? | 
| [09:41] | Of course I am. | 我当然爱了 | 
| [09:43] | Paul, I kept sensing that you are looking to present yourself in the best possible light, | Paul 我一直觉得你想把最好的一面做给大家看 | 
| [09:47] | and that helps neither me, nor you. | 但那对我 对你 都没有帮助 | 
| [09:56] | Are you in love with your wife? | 你爱着你的妻子吗? | 
| [10:01] | No. | 不 | 
| [10:05] | Is she with you? | 那她对你呢? | 
| [10:06] | No. | 不 | 
| [10:10] | We share the same commitment to our children. | 我们对自己的孩子有着共同的责任 | 
| [10:13] | We like the same movies, same books. | 我们喜欢同样的电影 同样的书 | 
| [10:17] | We’re two wonderfully compatible people, actually. | 事实上 我们是两个能相敬如宾的人 | 
| [10:21] | The perfect couple. | 一对完美夫妻 | 
| [10:24] | Romantically dead. | 一起白头偕老 | 
| [10:31] | Mr Shore is free to review our autopsy report. | Shore先生可以自由地翻阅我们的验尸报告 | 
| [10:34] | – There’s no need for¡ – I want to conduct my own. | -没有必要… -我想要自己进行一次验尸 | 
| [10:36] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [10:37] | First, because it’s fun. And second¡ | 首先 因为好玩 其次… | 
| [10:39] | It’s indecent to the victim to be dissected and probed again. | 再次开膛破肚是对被害人的不敬 | 
| [10:42] | The victim is dead. I’m sure she’s got other things on her plate. | 被害人已经死了我相信她不在意的 | 
| [10:45] | Mr Shore. We don’t make fun of the dead in this courthouse. | Shore先生 在这个法庭上不能拿死者开玩笑 | 
| [10:49] | I can see why. There’s so much sport to be had with the living. | 我明白为什么 因为拿活人就有开不完得涮 | 
| [10:52] | Look, Your Honor, the defense is entitled to conduct its own autopsy. | 您瞧 法官大人 被告有权利进行自己的验尸 | 
| [10:57] | I’m not looking for a favor, | 我不是要请求一个许可 | 
| [10:59] | I’m exercising a right. | 我是要主张一项权利 | 
| [11:02] | Mr Clark. Let his people examine the body. | Clark先生 让他的人来验尸吧 | 
| [11:07] | What else we got? | 还有什么事? | 
| [11:09] | That’s it, Your Honor. | 没别的了 法官大人 | 
| [11:10] | Chambers. | 来我办公室 | 
| [11:15] | Okay. Let’s cut to it. | 好吧 我们直奔主题 | 
| [11:19] | We¡ | 我们… | 
| [11:22] | What are you doin’ here? This is just for lawyers. | 你在这里干什么? 这里只有律师能进来 | 
| [11:25] | Mr Shore is acting as my agent, I therefore¡ | Shore先生是我的代理人 因此我… | 
| [11:27] | This meeting is for Counsel only. | 这次会面只能律师来 | 
| [11:30] | I’m paying for it. | 是我付的钱 | 
| [11:31] | Either show me your bar card or get the hell outta here! | 要么给我看你的执照 要么就给我滚出去! | 
| [11:35] | It’s not nice to remove people, Marcus. | 叫一个人滚可不好听 Marcus | 
| [11:38] | What’s the expression? What goes around comes around? | 话是怎么说来的? 善有善报 恶有恶报? | 
| [11:42] | Victoria? | |
| [11:45] | You may run this town, but you don’t run my courtroom. | 你或许能控制这个镇子 但你控制不了我的法庭 | 
| [11:48] | Either get out or I’ll have you thrown in a jiggle cell. | 要么滚 要么我把你送进监狱 | 
| [11:54] | I could be wrong, but I think he wants you to leave. | 可能我会错意了 但是我觉得他想让你离开这里 | 
| [12:09] | That woman needs to get laid. | 那个女人需要找个人上床 | 
| [12:12] | Okay, sit! | 好了 坐下! | 
| [12:21] | I spent all day yesterday pouring over this case. | 我昨天花了一天研究这案子 | 
| [12:25] | Mr Clark, it’s all circumstantial | Clark先生 你只有情况证据 (不能直接证明争议的待证事实 但与争执中的某一待证事实相关联 并可以推论得出有关争执中的待证事实) | 
| [12:28] | Mr Shore, it’s clear as hell that your guy did it. | Shore先生 很明显是你的人干的 | 
| [12:33] | I say, go voluntary man-slaughter, eight years, | 我提议 自愿承认蓄意谋杀 8年有期 | 
| [12:38] | the media can go screw themselves. | 让媒体们自己炒作去吧 | 
| [12:41] | All in favor? | 都同意吧? | 
| [12:44] | You must be joking. | 你一定是在开玩笑 | 
| [12:46] | Hey, Al. | 嘿 Al | 
| [12:50] | You haven’t lived here in a long time. | 你离开这里有很长一段日子了 | 
| [12:54] | Why don’t you go to a reunion or two? | 你干嘛不去和大家重聚一下? | 
| [12:56] | Hang out? | 出去玩玩 | 
| [12:57] | Go shoot a few games of pool down at the pub. | 到酒吧里打几局桌球 | 
| [13:02] | You know what the buzz is here in your jury pool? | 你知道陪审团里的流言吗? | 
| [13:06] | He’s guilty! | 他有罪! | 
| [13:09] | You know what, guys? I’d like to move for a change of venue. | 你知道吗 伙计们? 我想要换个法庭审理 | 
| [13:12] | – All motions were to be fil¡ – It’s never too late. | -太晚了 所有的动议… -永远不会太晚 | 
| [13:17] | By the way, if that’s the buzz you’re hearing around the checker board down at the barber shop? | 顺便说一句 如果这是你在 理发店的柜台上听到的流言 | 
| [13:21] | You have a duty to remove this to another venue. | 你有义务改换法庭 | 
| [13:24] | I like to think my ability to run a fair trial | 我认为我有这个能力进行一场公正的审理 | 
| [13:28] | can overcome any potential jury bias. | 能够对抗任何潜在陪审员的偏见 | 
| [13:35] | If I were you, | 如果我是你 | 
| [13:38] | – I’d plead. – You’re not. | -我会接受认罪协议 -你不是 | 
| [13:41] | I won’t. | 我不会 | 
| [13:44] | I hope Counsel is looking at the evidence objectively. | 我希望律师能客观地看待证据 | 
| [13:48] | I never do that, Your Honor. Do you? | 我从不这么干 法官大人 你呢? | 
| [13:53] | Get out. I wanna talk to Mr Clark. | 滚出去 我要和Clark先生谈 | 
| [13:56] | That would be exparte. | 这是不公正待遇 (exparte为拉丁语) | 
| [13:58] | We don’t talk Latin here in Dedham. | Dedham这里不说拉丁语 | 
| [14:01] | Get the hell outta here. | 给我滚出去 | 
| [14:02] | Perhaps I can interpret for you. | |
| [14:04] | I have the right to be present at any meeting¡ | 我有权利参加任何会面… | 
| [14:06] | I wanna talk fishing. And don’t want you learning my favorite holes. | 我要谈钓鱼 我不想让你知道几处我最喜欢地方 | 
| [14:11] | Out!! | 出去! | 
| [14:25] | You’d better add man-slaughter to your pleadings. | 你最好在起诉书里加上过失杀人 | 
| [14:29] | Man-slaughter? | 过失杀人? | 
| [14:31] | He took a hammer to her head twenty times. | 他用榔头砸了她脑袋20下 | 
| [14:33] | Exactly. | 没错 | 
| [14:35] | This Shore character is smart. | 这个Shore很精明 | 
| [14:38] | He might very well get up there | 他很可能会抓住这点 | 
| [14:40] | and say whoever did this must have been acting in the heat of passion. | 说无论是谁犯下的 肯定是激情犯罪 | 
| [14:44] | If the jury doesn’t have man-slaughter to fall back on | 如果陪审团没有过失杀人做后备选择 | 
| [14:48] | they might have no choice but to acquit! | 他们到时候只能选择判他无罪了 | 
| [14:51] | Judge, Paul Stewart is well-liked. | 法官 Paul Stewart绝对是有意的 | 
| [14:53] | If they do have man-slaughter to fall back on, | 就算他们有过失杀人做后备 | 
| [14:55] | they might do so, just out of sympathy. | 他们仍然可能会出于同情而判他无罪 | 
| [14:57] | Your case is circumstantial, Harvey! | 你的案子证据不够有力 Harvey! | 
| [15:00] | This Shore is a shrewd SOB! | 这个Shore是个利害的杂种 | 
| [15:03] | And you’d be smart to keep all your options open. | 你最好放聪明点 多留条后路 | 
| [15:15] | Look at her. | 看看她 | 
| [15:25] | This isn’t man-slaughter. | 这不是过失杀人 | 
| [15:35] | He actually said that? | 他真这么说了? | 
| [15:37] | I need to get laid? | 我需要找个人上床? | 
| [15:40] | I’m keeping track of everything he says in case we should need it for appeal. | 我记下了所有他说过的话 以防将来可以用来上诉 | 
| [15:45] | And is that why you’re here? | 那你来这儿是不是这个原因呢? | 
| [15:48] | Because you agree? | 因为你也同意? | 
| [15:50] | I’m sorry? | 抱歉? | 
| [15:52] | That I need to get laid. | 我需要上床 | 
| [15:53] | No! That’s not why I’m here. | 不! 我来这不是因为这个 | 
| [15:56] | Pity. | 可惜 | 
| [15:58] | I would think your son being on trial for murder | 我想你的儿子要被人起诉谋杀 | 
| [16:01] | might put a slight chill in your libido. | 会抑制了你欲望 | 
| [16:03] | Crisis might lower sex-drive, | 危机时刻或许会降低性欲 | 
| [16:07] | but it also intensifies loneliness. | 但也能强化孤独感 | 
| [16:10] | The passive-aggressive come on. | 此消彼长 | 
| [16:12] | Much better. | 这样更好 | 
| [16:17] | The reason I’m here. | 我之所以来 | 
| [16:21] | I’ve made a mistake. | 我犯了一个错误 | 
| [16:24] | It seems I should have moved for a change of venue after all. | 看来我早该申请换法庭 | 
| [16:27] | I thought Paul’s popularity within the town would work in our favor. | 我本以为Paul在镇子上的人缘 会助我们一臂之力 | 
| [16:32] | Where I miscalculated | 可我错误地估计了 | 
| [16:36] | was with the profound contempt the people Dedham seem to have for you. | Dedham的人们对你深深地鄙视 | 
| [16:42] | I know this is difficult to hear, | 我知道这话不好听 | 
| [16:43] | and I’m sure much of it has to do with envy; | 我确信这大多是出于嫉妒 | 
| [16:46] | you’re a rich, powerful woman, | 你是个有钱有权的女人 | 
| [16:48] | who young boys wanna sleep with. | 年轻的小伙子都想上你的床 | 
| [16:53] | But I need to distance you from the defense team. | 但我必须不让你靠近辩护团 | 
| [16:56] | You need to be in the background. | 你必须躲到幕后去 | 
| [16:57] | Far, far in the background. | 离得远远的 | 
| [17:01] | I want you sitting in the back of the courtroom. | 我想让你坐在法庭的后排 | 
| [17:03] | You can’t be entering and leaving with us. | 不能和我们同进同出 | 
| [17:05] | I can’t have the jury looking at Paul | 我们不能让陪审团看向Paul的时候 | 
| [17:08] | and getting so much as glimpse of you. | 又频繁地瞥见你 | 
| [17:14] | Hey. | 嘿 | 
| [17:17] | You’re wonderful woman, | 你是个无与伦比的女人 | 
| [17:21] | and I like being the only one who knows it. | 我愿意成为唯一知道这点的人 | 
| [17:26] | Al. | |
| [17:38] | Ugh! My feet are killing me. | 厄 我的脚疼死了 | 
| [17:41] | You’re just getting back? | 你这么晚还回来? | 
| [17:42] | – It’s ten o’clock! – Yes! | -已经十点了! -是的! | 
| [17:44] | What are you guys still doing here? | 你们还在这里做什么? | 
| [17:46] | I have my motion to compel, tomorrow. | 我明天要上法庭 | 
| [17:49] | Remember? | 记得吗? | 
| [17:50] | You were gonna help me with that research? | 你本来该帮我做调查 | 
| [17:51] | Well, I’m sorry, Jimmy, | 厄 抱歉 Jimmy | 
| [17:53] | but I’ve been hoofing it all over Dedham with a jury consultant, interviewing¡ | 但我已经和一个陪审团顾问 在Dedham走了一圈 找人谈话… | 
| [17:56] | – You see? – Alright. Let’s just¡ | -看见了没? -好吧 让我们… | 
| [17:58] | It’s not alright. | 不好 | 
| [18:00] | The guy is monopolizing associates like he’s a partner. | 这个家伙使唤同事就像自己是合伙人一样 | 
| [18:03] | Which he isn’t. And I am! | 可他不是! 我才是! | 
| [18:05] | Jimmy! He’s about to start a new trial. | Jimmy! 他有案子要开庭 | 
| [18:06] | We all have trials, Eleanor. I’m sick of this. | 我们都有案子 Eleanor 我忍无可忍了 | 
| [18:09] | And I’m also sick of you making excuses for the guy! | 我对你老是为那个家伙找借口 也忍无可忍了! | 
| [18:22] | Good day at the office? | 今天在办公室过得还好吗? | 
| [18:24] | How’s it goin’? | 进展如何? | 
| [18:25] | Our expert jury consultant has deep concerns. | 我们的专业陪审团顾问有着深深的忧虑 | 
| [18:28] | Well, if anyone can pull it out, Alan’s the guy. | 嗯 如果有谁能力挽狂澜 那绝对是Alan | 
| [18:32] | Eleanor? | |
| [18:37] | Never mind. | 算了 | 
| [18:39] | What? | 什么? | 
| [18:45] | I think I got a peek at how Alan pulls things out. | 我想我偷看到了Alan怎么扭转乾坤 | 
| [18:51] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? | 
| [18:56] | Jamie? | |
| [18:57] | Finish what you started to say. | 把你的话说完 | 
| [19:03] | Well¡ I think¡ | 嗯…我想… | 
| [19:05] | and I can’t be sure, but I think, | 我不敢肯定 但是我想 | 
| [19:08] | Catherine Piper, that wacky prosecution witness that was in this morning? | Catherine Piper 早上那个古怪的检方证人? | 
| [19:11] | I think she’s being paid to modify her testimony. | 我觉得她收了钱改口供 | 
| [19:16] | – I beg your pardon? – There was all this cryptic talk | -你再说一遍? -都是些隐晦的说辞 | 
| [19:19] | about a transaction or a deal, and Alan tried to shut the conversation down, | 协议啊 交易啊 而Alan想结束那个话题 | 
| [19:23] | like he didn’t want me to hear it. And again, I can’t be positive, | 就像他不愿意我听到 再说一次 我并不肯定 | 
| [19:27] | but I think this Fruitcake is being paid off! | 但我认为这个神经病被买通了! | 
| [19:35] | – We’ve had this discussion already. – I don’t care. | -这个话题我们早谈过了 -我不在乎 | 
| [19:37] | – Wendy! – Shut up, Paul. | -闭嘴 Paul | 
| [19:39] | Where are the kids? | 孩子在哪儿? | 
| [19:40] | With my mother, where I will be shortly, unless you’d like to run off after yours. | 和我妈在一起 我也会马上过去 除非你想马上逃到你妈那儿去 | 
| [19:43] | – Ha! Listen – This doesn’t concern you! | -嘿 听着 -这不关你的事 | 
| [19:45] | If you leave now you’ll be indicting him with the jury pool! | 如果你现在走 你就是在对陪审团下暗示! | 
| [19:48] | – i don’t care – What is going on? | -我不在乎 -怎么了? | 
| [19:50] | What’s suddenly changed in the last few hours? | 是什么在这几小时里改变了你的主意 | 
| [19:52] | What’s changed, Paul, is you loved her. | 改变就是 Paul你爱她 | 
| [19:57] | She wasn’t just some¡ | 她不是什么… | 
| [19:59] | You loved her. | 你爱过她 | 
| [20:02] | And I can’t wake up in this house with you, | 我不能睁开眼睛 和你在这个屋子里一起醒来 | 
| [20:04] | and I can’t even pretend to be on your side! | 我更做不到假装站在你这边 | 
| [20:07] | Where is all this coming from? | 这到底是为什么? | 
| [20:09] | It’s not like you loved me? What is this about? | 你又不是没有爱过我 究竟是为什么? | 
| [20:11] | I won’t be your damn trial prop. | 我不要在该死的法庭上支持你 | 
| [20:13] | I won’t walk into court as the loyal wife. | 我也不会装成一个忠贞的妻子出现 | 
| [20:22] | Good luck. Good bye. | 祝你好运 再见 | 
| [20:44] | -tom -ah | -啊! | 
| [20:47] | God Lord, Alan, you scared me. | 老天爷 Alan 你吓了我一跳 | 
| [20:50] | What the hell you doin’ sittin’ there like that? | 你干嘛这样站在那? | 
| [20:53] | Tom. What we talked about, as friends, over drinks. | Tom 我们作为朋友 在喝酒时说起的 | 
| [20:58] | You and Brenda. | 你和Brenda | 
| [21:02] | I’d like your permission to use it. | 我想得到你的允许 利用这点 | 
| [21:05] | What? Use it how? | 什么?怎么用? | 
| [21:08] | It doesn’t bear directly on this case¡ | 不会直接和案子扯上… | 
| [21:10] | You gave me your word that you wouldn’t! | 你对我保证过你不会说出来! | 
| [21:12] | And I’ll stick to my word. | 我会遵守承诺 | 
| [21:15] | I won’t do anything without your permission, | 没有你的许可 我什么也不会做 | 
| [21:17] | but please, hear me out. | 但是请听我说 | 
| [21:22] | The way Brenda propositioned you; | Brenda勾引你的方式 | 
| [21:24] | it is extremely relevant | 恰恰与证明 | 
| [21:26] | to establish her sexual aggressiveness. | 她具有性侵略性 | 
| [21:29] | The idea that she could have brought somebody, | 可以引出她很有可能同样勾引了谁 | 
| [21:32] | perhaps a stranger even, who then killed her. | 或许还是个陌生人 最后杀了她 | 
| [21:35] | That’s a real possibility. | 的确有这个可能性 | 
| [21:37] | One I need to be able to convince a jury of. | 如果我要说服陪审团 | 
| [21:42] | – The fact that she came on to a priest is¡ – No. | -那她勾引神父的事实… -不行 | 
| [21:45] | – Tom. – No! | -不行! | 
| [21:48] | It would destroy me. | 这会毁了我 | 
| [21:50] | My parish. No! | 还有我的教区 绝不! | 
| [21:53] | Not to mention, it’s completely extraneous. | 更别说 它根本毫不相关 | 
| [21:56] | You would just¡ | 你只是… | 
| [21:57] | you’d look desperate, for God’s sake! | 看在上帝的份儿上 你只是走投无路了 | 
| [21:59] | I’m afraid I’m feeling a little desperate. | 恐怕我是有一点儿绝望 | 
| [22:05] | I’ll honor my word. | 我会遵守诺言 | 
| [22:08] | I won’t reveal your secret unless you allow me to. | 除非你允许 否则我不会泄露你的秘密 | 
| [22:11] | But please, please think about it. | 但是请你 请你好好想一想 | 
| [22:22] | I’ve been subpoenaed! | 我被传讯了 | 
| [22:28] | By the prosecution. | 被检控方 | 
| [22:31] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [22:33] | He came here the night of the murder. | 谋杀发生那晚他来过这里 | 
| [22:37] | – Paul? – Yeah. he… | -是的 他… | 
| [22:39] | He said that he needed to confess. | 他说他需要做忏悔 | 
| [22:42] | And he panicked. | 而且他神色慌张 | 
| [22:43] | I, I think because he heard other people. | 我…我想他是听到了有别人在 | 
| [22:45] | He, he fled before he went into the confessional. | 他…他在忏悔之前就逃走了 | 
| [22:48] | Why did you not tell me this? | 为什么之前你没告诉我? | 
| [22:51] | Because I felt it was private between a parishioner and his priest. | 因为我觉得这是属于教员和神父之间的秘密 | 
| [22:56] | So why are you telling me now? | 那你为什么现在又告诉我? | 
| [23:01] | Because someone on the cleaning crew | 因为有个清洁工 | 
| [23:04] | evidently overheard it and reported it to the police. | 显然在无意中听见了 报告给了警方 | 
| [23:10] | It’s not private anymore. | 它不再是秘密了 | 
| [23:18] | I went to confession because I had just¡ | 我去忏悔是因为我刚… | 
| [23:25] | ¡plus the affair. I was in shock, in crisis; | …不提外遇 我那时惊慌失措 身临险境 | 
| [23:27] | I needed to speak with my priest. I didn’t go to confess murder! | 我需要和我的神父谈谈 我不是要去承认我谋杀了她 | 
| [23:31] | I understand. But this doesn’t look good, Paul. | 我明白 可是这影响不好 Paul | 
| [23:33] | You’re seen leaving the victim’s house and then seen, minutes later, | 你被看见离开被害人的房子 几分钟后 又被看见 | 
| [23:36] | rushing to a priest ostensibly to confess. | 冲向一个神父 明显是要忏悔 | 
| [23:38] | They have no witnesses to my leaving the house. | 他们没有证人证明我离开了屋子 | 
| [23:41] | You hope. | 是你希望吧 | 
| [23:44] | Where’s Wendy now? | Wendy现在在哪儿? | 
| [23:46] | – She’s still at her mother’s. – You have to get her back. | -她还在她母亲家 -你得设法让她回来 | 
| [23:48] | – She’s not coming… – Keep trying. | -她不会回… -继续去试 | 
| [23:52] | I want her in the courtroom. | 我想让她出席 | 
| [23:56] | I’m going back to the office to meet with the jury consultant. | 我要回办公室见陪审团顾问 | 
| [23:59] | Voir dire starts after lunch, I want you there for that. | 午饭后开始审查陪审团 我希望你到庭 | 
| [24:03] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [24:05] | You okay? | 你没事吧? | 
| [24:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [24:18] | I’ll stay with him. | 我会留下陪他 | 
| [24:33] | Whatever you’re feeling | 不管你有什么感情 | 
| [24:36] | your public face has to remain stoic. | 面对大众 你必须保持心清寡欲的神色 | 
| [24:40] | Photographers will be snapping pictures. | 摄影师会拍照 | 
| [24:42] | Any likeness of you in the newspaper must be that of an innocent man. | 照片上的每张你 都必须是一个无辜的人 | 
| [24:48] | I miss her. | 我想她 | 
| [24:51] | Of all the times not to be able to talk to her. | 在不能和她讲话的时间里 | 
| [24:55] | We’ll try to get her back. | 我们会努力让她回来 | 
| [24:58] | Get her back? | 让她回来? | 
| [25:02] | She’s dead, Tara. | 她死了 Tara | 
| [25:04] | I can’t talk about that in public, can I? | 我不能在外面说这事 对吗? | 
| [25:07] | I can’t let the potential jury pool see how much I loved her. | 我不能让候选陪审团知道我有多爱她 | 
| [25:10] | I can’t let people see me grieve because¡ | 我不能让大家看到我的悲伤 因为… | 
| [25:22] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [25:24] | I’m | 我… | 
| [25:26] | I’m sorry. I just¡ | 对不起 我只是… | 
| [25:28] | – It’s okay. – No. I don’t mean to… | -没关系 -不 我不是要… | 
| [25:30] | I apologize. | 我要道歉 | 
| [25:34] | Paul. | |
| [25:37] | Somebody you love has died. | 你爱的人死了 | 
| [25:43] | You’re allowed to grieve. | 你有悲伤的权利 | 
| [25:54] | An older, black woman. | 一个年老的黑人妇女 | 
| [25:56] | That’s your ideal juror. | 是你理想的陪审员 | 
| [25:58] | Somebody with life experience, | 一个有丰富阅历的人 | 
| [26:00] | somebody who understands that infidelity doesn’t mean murder. | 一个能理解不贞不等于谋杀的人 | 
| [26:04] | And if there’s any minority at all grab him or her. | 如果有任何少数民族在里面 一定要保留他或她 | 
| [26:06] | Minorities are your best chance for a hung jury. | 想要产生一个有分歧的陪审团 少数民族是你的最佳机会 | 
| [26:08] | – I can show you the statistics. – Never mind what I want. | -我给你看我的统计数据 -别在意我了 | 
| [26:11] | Tell me what we figure to get. | 告诉我们要挑走什么样的人 | 
| [26:15] | Middle-aged, white, males who never went to college. | 中年 白人 男性 从没受过高等教育 | 
| [26:18] | Blue-collar men vote to convict ninety-eight percent of the time. | 蓝领男人98%的时候会投有罪票 | 
| [26:21] | – Great. – It’s worse. | -棒极了 -是更糟 | 
| [26:23] | Blue-collar’s statically resent rich, | 蓝领一贯痛恨富人 | 
| [26:25] | they resent doctors, and here’s one you’ll like, | 痛恨医生 还有一点你会喜欢 | 
| [26:28] | they resent rich men with mistresses. | 他们痛恨有情妇的有钱人 | 
| [26:31] | We’re defending a triple-crown winner. | 我们在为一个三冠王辩护 | 
| [26:32] | You need to pray that there’s at least one black woman in that pool. | 你必须祈祷起码有一个黑人妇女在陪审团里 | 
| [26:36] | I have a series of litmus questions for you, but basically? | 我有一系列的测试问题提供给你 但是记住最基本的 | 
| [26:40] | You want black female. Black female. Black female. | 你要黑人女性 黑人女性 黑人女性 | 
| [26:44] | Am I being too subtle? | 我是不是算计得太多了? | 
| [26:49] | George Bush is a great man. | George Bush是个伟人 | 
| [26:51] | Because¡? | 因为…? | 
| [26:53] | Because he’s President of the United States. | 因为他是美国总统 | 
| [26:55] | You don’t get to be President without a measure of greatness. | 如果你不够伟大 就不会当上总统 | 
| [26:58] | Bill Clinton? | |
| [27:01] | What about Bill Clinton, Sir? | 那Bill Clinton呢 先生? | 
| [27:05] | – He was okay. – Okay? | -他还凑合 -凑合? | 
| [27:08] | What happened to, You don’t get to be President without a measure of greatness? | 那你所谓的”如果你不够伟大 你当不了总统”怎么了? | 
| [27:12] | Mr Clinton, is brilliant, | Clinton先生 才华横溢 | 
| [27:14] | he is an excellent politician, | 是位出色的政治家 | 
| [27:17] | but he committed infidelity. | 但是他不忠 | 
| [27:19] | I can’t respect any person who does that. | 我不能尊敬任何一个这样的人 | 
| [27:22] | Your Honor, I move that this juror be excused for cause. | 法官大人 我要因为上述原因 请这位陪审员回避 | 
| [27:24] | – Objection. – I’m not removing him. | -反对 -我不会让他回避 | 
| [27:27] | Your Honor, my client was unfaithful to his wife! Clearly¡ | 法官大人 我的委托人对他的妻子不忠 显然… | 
| [27:29] | I’m not removing every juror | 我不会让所有 | 
| [27:32] | who can’t respect infidelity. | 鄙视有婚外情的人都回避 | 
| [27:35] | We’d have nobody left! | 那就一个都不剩了 | 
| [27:39] | Defense exercises one of its peremptory challenges. | 被告方要主张无因回避权利 (不申明理由而对陪审员申请回避) | 
| [27:43] | Thank you, Sir. You are excused. | 谢谢你 先生 请回避 | 
| [27:45] | What? | 什么? | 
| [27:47] | – Sir! Please leave the room now! – Fine. | -先生!请现在离开法庭! -好吧 | 
| [27:52] | Far as I go, infidelity should be a crime. | 我的底线是 不忠就是犯罪 | 
| [27:55] | Put them in jail! | 都该进监狱! | 
| [27:57] | I hear ya! | 我听见了! | 
| [27:59] | Yes, I do! | 是的 听见了! 是的 听见了! (好像也是 婚礼的誓言?) | 
| [28:11] | What is up with you? What are you even doing here? | 你是怎么了? 到这里来干嘛? | 
| [28:14] | Well. I came to watch you in voir dire. | 我是来看看你的预先审查 | 
| [28:16] | See how you relate to the jurors. | 看你和陪审员来不来电 | 
| [28:18] | You aren’t allowed in there. You’re a witness, Catherine. | 你是不能到场的 你是证人 Catherine | 
| [28:20] | Oh.that’s’ right! That must me why I’m here. | 喔 对喔 所以我才来这儿 | 
| [28:24] | I’m a witness. Ha, ha. | 我是证人 哈 哈 | 
| [28:27] | I need another fifty thousand dollars. | 我还需要5万 | 
| [28:30] | Oh, actually that’s a lie. | 哦 骗你的 | 
| [28:32] | I don’t need it. I just want it. | 我不需要 我就是想要 | 
| [28:35] | First. If it’s for all the elective surgeries? You do need it. | 首先 这是为了那些选择性外科手术吗? 那你确实需要这笔钱 | 
| [28:39] | And second? Fifty thousand won’t nearly get the job done. | 其次 5万元还做不起这手术 | 
| [28:42] | The answer is, No. | 答案是”不” | 
| [28:44] | I want the check by tomorrow. | 明天之前我要拿到支票 | 
| [28:46] | Tell Victoria I feel an attack of conscience coming on. | 告诉Victoria我感觉自己的良知要爆发了 | 
| [28:50] | Your conscience? That’s a pinprick. | 你的良知? 真是讨厌的小东西 | 
| [28:52] | – Alan. – Catherine. | |
| [28:54] | – Alan! – Catherine! | |
| [28:57] | This give and take is little like tennis. Isn’t it? | 这种你来我往是不是有点像网球? | 
| [29:01] | You know? The game with the racket and the balls? | 那种拿球拍和球玩的游戏 | 
| [29:06] | Actually I’ve got your balls. Haven’t I dear? | 实际上我接到了你的球 不是吗 亲爱的 (双关 我有了你的把柄) | 
| [29:11] | And if you don’t want me to making a racket, | 如果你不想让我挥拍 | 
| [29:13] | you’ll tell Victoria to get me that extra fifty by tomorrow. | 你就去告诉Victoria 让她在明天之前把额外的5万给我 | 
| [29:25] | We proceeded to trial quickly because it was a simple investigation. | 我们预备进行一次公开迅速的审理 因为这是一次简单的调查 | 
| [29:29] | The guy was caught. | 我们抓住了那个家伙 | 
| [29:31] | He was seen leaving the house. | 有人看到他离开了房子 | 
| [29:33] | He left his prints hair and fibers in the house. | 他在屋子里留下了指纹 头发和纤维 | 
| [29:36] | The question I’d ask is why did the defense agree to a quick trial? | 我倒是想问 为什么被告同意进行快速审理? | 
| [29:40] | And I suspect the answer is, | 我怀疑答案是 | 
| [29:42] | because they’re trying to trade on the doctor’s reputation before it’s shot. | 因为他们是想趁医生的名誉还没有尽毁之前利用一下 | 
| [29:45] | Hello, Detective! | 你好啊 侦探先生! | 
| [29:46] | Nice to see you talking to a reporter, commenting on the evidence. | 很高兴看到你对着一个记者 谈论那些证据 | 
| [29:50] | Be sure to get that spelling right. | 当心别拼错了 | 
| [29:51] | It’s M-c-capital-C-a-r-l-e-y. | 名字是 M-c-大写的C-a-r-l-e-y | 
| [29:55] | Excuse us. | 容许我们失陪一下 | 
| [29:59] | See, Kev, the idea from your side | 瞧 Kev 你们这边的想法是 | 
| [30:01] | is not to give defense any grounds for appeal. | 不给上诉留下任何余地 | 
| [30:04] | Talking to the press, contaminating jury pool kind of thing. | 例如对媒体爆料 误导陪审团这种事情 | 
| [30:07] | State of mind is no excuse, by the way, you can’t plead stupidity. | 心智不是借口 顺便说一句 你不能用愚蠢为自己辩护 | 
| [30:13] | Thoughts? | 你觉得呢? | 
| [30:16] | The reason this is being tried here in Dedham | 案子之所以在Dedham开庭 | 
| [30:19] | is because you didn’t move it when you had the chance. | 是因为在你有机会换地方的时候 却没有把握 | 
| [30:22] | You didn’t wanna move it because you wanted to come back here | 你没有提出 是因为你想回到这里 | 
| [30:24] | and put on a big show in your hometown, and now it’s backfiring. | 在自己的家乡上演一场好戏 可是现在后院起火了 | 
| [30:29] | You’re not even a criminal attorney, your specialty is anti-trust. | 你甚至不是刑事律师 你的专长是反垄断(商事) | 
| [30:34] | Oh, you’re here to help out your friend ,aren’t you? | 哦 你是来帮你朋友的 对吗? | 
| [30:40] | You’re a fraud. | 你是个骗子 | 
| [30:58] | Norfolk County is a little ridged. | Norfolk郡的道路有点崎岖(出师不利) | 
| [31:01] | You can’t change venue? | 不能换审理地点吗? | 
| [31:03] | Apparently not. | 明显不行了 | 
| [31:04] | And some of our witnesses | 而我们的一些证人 | 
| [31:07] | – make us uneasy. – Which witnesses? | -让我们日子不好过 -哪些证人? | 
| [31:11] | Catherine Piper? | |
| [31:16] | Let’s do this. | 我们和他谈 | 
| [31:21] | Alan?! | |
| [31:26] | Can we see you a second? | 我们能谈谈吗? | 
| [31:38] | Jamie evidently heard an exchange between you and Catherine Piper | Jamie 听见了你和Catherine Piper之间谈的交易 | 
| [31:42] | which led her to conclude that this witness may have been bought. | 让她得出了这个证人可能被收买的结论 | 
| [31:45] | Do you know anything about that? | 你对此知道些什么吗? | 
| [31:47] | And why would Jamie think that? | 为什么Jamie会这么想? | 
| [31:49] | You’d have to ask Jamie, Eugene. | 那你得去问Jamie Eugene | 
| [31:51] | I did. | 我问了 | 
| [31:53] | She heard the witness talking about a deal, | 她听到证人在讲一个交易 | 
| [31:55] | a transaction, and then she heard you shut the discussion down. | 一个协议 然后她听到你结束了这个谈话 | 
| [32:00] | What’s going on, Alan. | 发生了什么事 Alan | 
| [32:02] | And don’t lie to us. | 别骗我们 | 
| [32:07] | It appears that my client’s mother may have bribed Ms Piper. | 似乎我们委托人的母亲可能贿赂了Piper夫人 | 
| [32:12] | I wasn’t present for it, I don’t know, I don’t wanna know. | 我没有在场 我不知道 我也不想知道 | 
| [32:15] | That’s why I instructed Ms Piper to tell me nothing about | 所以我才要求Piper夫人什么也别对我说 | 
| [32:18] | whatever deal they made or entered into. | 不管他们之间达成了或者在谈的任何协议 | 
| [32:21] | Well, it seems like you have enough to go to the Judge. | 看上去你已经知道够多了 可以去找法官了 | 
| [32:23] | I don’t! And I won’t! | 我没有 我也不会去! | 
| [32:26] | You won’t? | 你不会? | 
| [32:27] | Look! Listen to me, Alan¡ | 瞧 听我说 Alan… | 
| [32:29] | I’ll take a pass on that. Thank you. | 这次放过我 谢谢 | 
| [32:32] | I’ve done nothing but listen to you since I walked through the door. | 从我进门开始 我就一直在听你说 | 
| [32:36] | And frankly, Eugene, | 坦白地说 Eugene | 
| [32:38] | I’m tired of listening to you, you’re not that interesting. | 我听不下去了 你一点都不好玩 | 
| [32:40] | Let’s make a little deal. | 我们约定个小协议 | 
| [32:43] | Until this trial is over | 在这个案子结束之前 | 
| [32:44] | I’ll keep completely out of your way, you stay the hell out of mine. | 我不会给你添麻烦 你也千万别来干涉我 | 
| [32:51] | He’s gone. | 他要离开 | 
| [32:54] | Eugene. Obviously he’s feeling a lot of stress. | Eugene 显然他压力不小 | 
| [32:57] | This is one of his oldest friends on trial here. | 被起诉的可是他的老朋友之一 | 
| [32:59] | i don’t know | 我不知道 | 
| [33:01] | Eleanor. When this trial is over, that man is gone. | Eleanor 这案子一结束 就让他走人 | 
| [33:12] | I’m not good with dead… | 我不太擅长和… | 
| [33:15] | What about Tara? | Tara呢? | 
| [33:16] | Tara loves dead bodies. It’s worrisome. | Tara喜欢死尸 烦人 | 
| [33:18] | I’m serious. Death makes me nauseous. | 我是说真的 死尸让我恶心 | 
| [33:21] | Gee! And it so tickles the rest of us. | 天 你要让我们笑翻天了 | 
| [33:22] | Tara’s busy interviewing witnesses. | Tara在忙着找证人谈话 | 
| [33:24] | I need to go see Paul, who’s on the verge of a breakdown. | 我要去见Paul 他正在崩溃的边缘 | 
| [33:26] | I need you to meet with the medical examiner. | 我需要你去见验尸官 | 
| [33:29] | So, please. Just do it. | 所以求你了 就去吧 | 
| [33:35] | hello | 你好 | 
| [33:37] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿? | 
| [33:38] | In his tree house. Believe that? | 在他的树上小屋里 相信吗? | 
| [33:42] | His tree house? The one he and I¡? | 在他的树上小屋? 那个我和他… | 
| [33:43] | It’s still standing. | 它还在呢 | 
| [33:45] | You two swung a pretty good hammer back then. | 那时的你们真是两个巧匠 | 
| [33:48] | I suppose I shouldn’t say that. | 我想我不该那么说 | 
| [33:59] | George Scott whiffs, inning over. | |
| [34:01] | Isn’t that our password? | 是这暗号吧? | 
| [34:03] | Enter. | 进来吧 | 
| [34:05] | I can’t believe this thing is still standing. | 真不敢相信它还没塌下 | 
| [34:07] | It’s been renamed. | 它有了新名字 | 
| [34:09] | Home for Bad Husbands. | 坏老公之家 | 
| [34:12] | I can’t tell you how many times after fights with Wendy | 我都说不清有多少次 在和Wendy吵架之后 | 
| [34:14] | I’d come up here to sit. | 我会到上面来坐坐 | 
| [34:16] | Remember all our secret compartment to hide | 记得所有我们秘密地用来藏 | 
| [34:20] | beer, the cigarettes and pot? | 啤酒 香烟 大麻的地方吗? | 
| [34:22] | I found some of the old pot a few years ago, by the way. | 顺便告诉你 几年前我翻到了一些很久之前的大麻 | 
| [34:24] | Smoke it? | 抽掉了? | 
| [34:26] | Is there any left? | 还有剩下吗? | 
| [34:30] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? | 
| [34:34] | I don’t know if I can make it, Alan. | 我不知道我能不能做到 Alan | 
| [34:36] | – This is¡ – You’ll make it. | -这… -你能做到 | 
| [34:41] | Tara tell you how much I miss her? | Tara告诉你了我有多想她? | 
| [34:43] | Brenda? | |
| [34:45] | No, she didn’t. | 不 她没有 | 
| [34:48] | I have so much to be | 我知道这有多… | 
| [34:50] | humiliated about, but being ridiculously in love with someone | 丢脸…但是傻傻地爱一个 | 
| [34:55] | who didn’t love me back¡ | 不爱自己的人… | 
| [34:57] | That’s always a good one. | 这种感情是最美好的一种 | 
| [35:03] | Am I gonna beat this? | 我能过得了这一关吗? | 
| [35:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [35:13] | The case is circumstantial. They don’t have a murder weapon. | 只有情况证据 也没找到杀人凶器 | 
| [35:17] | They¡ | 他们… | 
| [35:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [35:33] | I’ll make a deal. | 我们做个约定吧 | 
| [35:34] | Get me an acquittal, | 你让我无罪释放 | 
| [35:36] | I’ll meet you back here after, and I’ll bring the beer. | 之后我们就在这里碰头 我带啤酒来 | 
| [35:38] | Bring a lot. | 要带很多 | 
| [35:42] | The DA wants to meet with me. I think he plans to offer Murder Two. | 检察官想约我 我想他是要提出二级谋杀的认罪协议 | 
| [35:47] | I assume | 我猜… | 
| [35:50] | you wouldn’t want to accept that? | 你是不会接受的吧? | 
| [35:55] | This feels like a test. | 这感觉像是一场测试 | 
| [35:57] | It isn’t. | 不是 | 
| [36:01] | I won’t accept Murder Two. | 我不会接受二级谋杀 | 
| [36:22] | Ms Krap, came all the way from New Haven. | Krap女士 从New Haven一路赶来吧 | 
| [36:24] | – What exactly is the problem? – Oh, you’ll see exactly problem. | -究竟是什么问题 -哦你会瞧见的 | 
| [36:27] | I don’t actually have to see the body. Okay? You can tell me. | 瞧 我没必要看尸体 好吗 你直接告诉我 | 
| [36:30] | Words don’t tell story. You need to see. | 说不清楚 你得自己看 | 
| [36:33] | Wonderful. | 好极了 | 
| [36:34] | Report says: Thirty-five year old, attractive woman. | 报告说: 35岁的迷人女子 | 
| [36:38] | Beaten to death with hammer. | 被榔头敲击而死 | 
| [36:46] | Not beaten. | 不是被砸死的 | 
| [36:48] | Not attractive. | 不迷人 | 
| [36:49] | Not woman! | 也不是女人! | 
| [36:51] | What the hell? | 怎么回事! | 
| [36:52] | This is not Brenda Wilbur! | 这不是Brenda Wilbur! | 
| [36:55] | You destroyed her? | 你毁了她尸首? | 
| [36:57] | Evidently, she was mistakenly ID’d as a transient. | 显然 她的身份被错误的当成了一个临时居住者 | 
| [37:00] | In our normal procedure, post autopsy¡ | 按照我们普通程序 在尸体解剖之后… | 
| [37:03] | – Look. We screwed up. – You think? | -瞧 我们搞砸了 -你觉得? | 
| [37:05] | Technically, you need to file a motion to preserve the remains. | 技术上说 你得写一份动议来保留遗体 | 
| [37:07] | – You didn’t do that. – It’s evidence. I hardly need file a motion. | -你没有这么做 -这是证据 我还需要写吗? | 
| [37:11] | – Don’t destroy evidence? – Our autopsy was complete. | -别破坏证据? -我们的验尸是完全的 | 
| [37:14] | – So even if we had¡ – Hold on! | -所以就算是我们… -打住! | 
| [37:16] | I need to ask the obvious question, however delicate. | 我得问个小白问题 也很棘手 | 
| [37:19] | Did he take the body home with him to¡ you know¡? | 他有没有带着尸体回家去…你明白吗? (不明白的都是好孩子 – -b) | 
| [37:21] | – Hey! Bite me. – Kevin? | -嘿!有本事咬我呀! | 
| [37:23] | I’ve had it with this ass. He’s enjoying this. | 我和这混蛋早水火不容了 他也乐在其中 | 
| [37:25] | He’s been smug since the fifth grade, | 五年级开始就臭屁得不得了 | 
| [37:27] | – and I’m sick of it! – Alright. | -我受够了! -好吧 | 
| [37:28] | I’d like to respond to that. First, yes, I am enjoying it. | 我要回应一下 首先 是的 我是很享受 | 
| [37:31] | I can’t wait to tell the jury you accidentally destroyed the corpse. | 我迫不及待地要去告诉陪审团你意外地毁掉了尸体 | 
| [37:36] | Second, I believe I was quite humble your third year of fifth grade. | 其次 我相信自己对五年级读了三年的你很恭敬 | 
| [37:39] | – You know what? – Just be quiet. | -你知道吗? -给我闭嘴 | 
| [37:42] | Look. As I said, | 瞧 正如我所说的 | 
| [37:44] | you’ll get the relative tissues and fluids. Plus the reports. | 你会得到相关的人体组织和体液 加上报告 | 
| [37:47] | You won’t be prejudiced. | 我们一视同仁 | 
| [37:49] | Now can we discuss a plea? | 我们能讨论认罪的事吗? | 
| [37:51] | There isn’t going to be a plea. | 没有什么认罪 | 
| [37:53] | You’re making a mistake. | 你是在犯错 | 
| [37:55] | You have a little booger. | 你有…鼻屎 | 
| [37:59] | Alan? | |
| [38:01] | You can’t really wanna try this case. | 你不会真想打这场官司 | 
| [38:03] | Oh but I can. | 但是我能 | 
| [38:07] | Excuse me. Hello. | 抱歉 你好 | 
| [38:10] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上到 | 
| [38:13] | There’s a sale! | 有地方在促销 | 
| [38:19] | I did tell the police. | 我确实告诉了警察 | 
| [38:21] | They think I got the wrong house or something. | 他们以为我弄错了房子之类的 | 
| [38:23] | How old was the woman? | 女人多大? | 
| [38:24] | I couldn’t really tell. She was all bundled up. | 说不清 她把自己裹得很严实 | 
| [38:26] | You’re sure she came out of Brenda Wilbur’s house? | 你肯定她从Brenda Wilbur的房里出来? | 
| [38:29] | Ninety percent sure it was here house, yeah. | 90%肯定是这个房子 是的 | 
| [38:31] | – At seven o’clock? – Around then. | -在7点? -左右 | 
| [38:33] | – Could you see her face at all? – Nah, nah. She was all bundled up and stuff. | -你能看见她的脸吗? -不 不能 她把自己包得太严了 | 
| [38:38] | The reason I remember is there was no car out front. | 我之所以记得是因为前面没有车子 | 
| [38:41] | Which made me think she was like goin’ for a walk or something. | 让我想到她大概要自己走路了 | 
| [38:44] | Which was strange because it was colder than a witches t¡ | 那很奇怪 因为外面很冷得像女巫的奶头… | 
| [38:49] | – I’m sorry. – It’s all right. | -对不起 -没事儿 | 
| [38:51] | I’m actually not¡ a witch. | 我其实不是…女巫 | 
| [38:53] | Excuse us. | 失陪 | 
| [38:54] | Look. Get the best description you can. | 听着 一定要问个清楚 | 
| [38:57] | Clothes, everything. Then get over to be with Paul. | 衣着 一切 然后去陪Paul | 
| [38:59] | I’m worried about him being alone. I’d go myself. | 他一个人我很担心 我本想自己过去 | 
| [39:01] | But according to our jury consultant we have another emergency. | 但是根据我们陪审团顾问的说法 我们有另一件紧急事件 | 
| [39:04] | What? | 什么? | 
| [39:06] | You! | 你! | 
| [39:07] | Me? | 我? | 
| [39:08] | I interviewed people from the jurypool. | 我面谈了陪审团里的人 | 
| [39:10] | You went over like led. | 你太招摇了 | 
| [39:13] | Too urban, too slick, too smart! | 太都市 太滑头 太聪明! | 
| [39:16] | Too smart? | 太聪明? | 
| [39:18] | This is a blue-collar, uneducated, over-weight, lunch-bucket town. | 这是个有很多蓝领 大家没什么文化 肥胖 爱吃盒饭的镇子 | 
| [39:22] | You’re a smooth, Harvard-type sophisticate, | 你是个圆滑 有着哈佛式的复杂世故 | 
| [39:24] | and they don’t like you! | 他们不喜欢你! | 
| [39:26] | You need find a Joe Schoe, fat, Catholic and put him at your table. | 你得找一个不引人注目的胖胖的天主教徒 坐在你边上 | 
| [39:33] | What did you just say to me? | 你刚才对我说了什么? | 
| [39:35] | I asked you to be part of my team, Jimmy. | 我请你加入我的队伍里 Jimmy | 
| [39:38] | – What’s going on? – Nothing’s going on. I need you. | -发生什么事了? -没有什么事 我需要你 | 
| [39:42] | – He’s setting me up for something! – No I’m not. | -他一定是在给我下套! -不 我没有 | 
| [39:44] | Look. You can’t have him. You already got Jamie. | 瞧 你不能再要他 你已经有Jamie了 | 
| [39:46] | I’ll return Jamie. I need Jimmy. | 我把Jamie还回来 我需要Jimmy | 
| [39:50] | Really? | 真的? | 
| [39:52] | So I’m gonna ask the same question he did. | 那我就要问他问过的问题了 | 
| [39:54] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了? | 
| [39:55] | What’s going is I think Jimmy could be an asset for the¡ | 就是我觉得Jimmy可以作为一个有利的… | 
| [39:58] | Look! Put it on the table, or you don’t get him. | 瞧 实话实说 否则你得不到他 | 
| [40:03] | Dedham is very blue-collar. | Dedham有很多蓝领 | 
| [40:04] | The jury consultant thinks I will alienate the jury | 陪审团顾问认为 我和陪审员之间有隔阂 | 
| [40:07] | because I’m well-dressed and look like I read. | 因为我人模人样 看上去又是个读书人 | 
| [40:10] | And, well¡ Jimmy doesn’t. | 而…厄..Jimmy不像 | 
| [40:13] | – That’s it! – Hey! Get off him! | -够了! -嘿! 放开他! | 
| [40:15] | – Hey! – Get off of me! | -嘿! -放开他! | 
| [40:17] | Alan! Get back! Jimmy! | Alan!退后!Jimmy! | 
| [40:19] | – Kill them -hi | -杀了他 -啊 | 
| [40:20] | What the hell’s wrong with you!! What the hell is this place? | 你究竟哪里出毛病了!! 这是什么鬼地方? | 
| [40:25] | You all go to great lengths to establish a team philosophy | 你们都信誓旦旦要建立一个团队 | 
| [40:28] | that we’ll all jump in together when need be. Well, I need him!! | 在需要的时候一起进退 好吧 我需要他! | 
| [40:34] | I need you! | 我需要你! | 
| [40:38] | You once billed yourself as Jimmy The Grunt | 出于自己的利益 | 
| [40:40] | for your own personal gain. | 你曾经扮演过这种角色 | 
| [40:41] | Well, I need you to sit your fat ass at my table | 我需要让你的大屁股坐在我身边 | 
| [40:45] | and send that same message again. | 传达出同样的信息 | 
| [40:46] | Not for me! Not for you! For the client. The client! | 不是为我! 不是为你! 是为委托人 委托人! | 
| [40:52] | Who happens to be innocent! | 一个无辜的人! | 
| [41:16] | So! How can I help you? | 那么 我能怎么帮你? | 
| [41:19] | Well. | 嗯 | 
| [41:21] | I come to you with a very heavy heart. | 我是忧心忡忡地来找你 | 
| [41:25] | I’ve been to my pastor, but¡ | 我找过我的牧师 可是… | 
| [41:28] | I’m afraid I can only¡ | 我恐怕只能… | 
| [41:31] | well¡ | 嗯… | 
| [41:34] | May I sit? | 我能坐下吗? | 
| [41:35] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [41:40] | There’s no easy way to say this. | 这很难开口 | 
| [41:45] | I saw Paul Stewart leave Brenda Wilbur’s house | 我看见Paul Stewart离开了Brenda Wilbur的房子 | 
| [41:47] | around ten-thirty the night of the murder. | 在谋杀的那天 晚上十点三十分 | 
| [41:52] | Excuse me. | 你再说一遍 | 
| [41:53] | Did you say ten-thirty? | 你说是10点30分? | 
| [41:55] | Paul’s mother paid me six hundred thousand dollars not to come forward. | Paul的妈妈付了我60万让我不要站出来 | 
| [42:01] | I’m ashamed to say I accepted. But¡ | 惭愧的是我接受了 但是… | 
| [42:05] | my conscience just won’t allow me to go down this path. | 我的良心不能让我再错下去 | 
| [42:08] | I simply have to tell the truth. | 我只能说出真相 | 
| [42:11] | He was there! I saw him! | 他在那里!我看到了他! | 
| [42:15] | It pains me to say it, | 这么说我心里很痛苦 | 
| [42:19] | but I have no doubt he killed that woman. | 但是我相信是他杀了那个女人 |