| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:15] | Go where? | 去哪儿? | 
| [00:16] | Here is a check. | 这是张支票 | 
| [00:18] | ??two weeks pay. | 是你两周的薪水 作为离职金 | 
| [00:20] | I’d like you to leave??? | 我要你立刻就走 | 
| [00:22] | I ?? | 我为律所带来了超过六百万的收益 | 
| [00:25] | you me a check?? | 你就给我一张1万5的支票? | 
| [00:27] | you can keep it. | 你还是留着吧 | 
| [00:28] | Alen sure not coming???. | Alan Shore好像事先知情 | 
| [00:30] | did you tell him. | 你告诉他了? | 
| [00:32] | yes. | 是的 | 
| [00:33] | you employ him terminate.??? | 你被解雇了 | 
| [00:35] | 14 minutes ago, we fired Alen. | 40分钟前我们解雇了Alan | 
| [00:37] | I am sorry? | 什么? | 
| [00:38] | Jimmy and agreed ??? | Jimmy 和我在全面考虑后 一致同意… | 
| [00:40] | you and jimmy agreed? | 你和Jimmy一致同意? | 
| [00:41] | – why wasn’t i? – ’cause you are his friend. | – 为什么我没有… – 因为他是你的朋友 | 
| [00:43] | That’s??? | 胡说 | 
| [00:44] | I am sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [00:45] | – i’m getting from?? | |
| [00:47] | ??? | 我会说服他们不要… | 
| [00:48] | It’s a place of work, nothing more. | 那只不过是个工作的地方 | 
| [00:51] | I didn’t you so quitely??? | 我没想到你会这么安静地离开 | 
| [00:54] | WHO said anything about going so quitely???? | 谁说要安静地离开? | 
| [00:56] | This is very ugly??? | 难看的事还在后头 | 
| [01:06] | Eugene | Eugene, | 
| [01:07] | he struck again. | 他又攻击了 | 
| [01:10] | What now? | 这次又是什么? | 
| [01:14] | Hi. | 嗨 | 
| [01:16] | This message is for Eugene and Jimmy¡ª especially Jimmy. | 这是说给Eugene和Jimmy听的…特别是Jimmy | 
| [01:19] | I just want to say, I miss you all terribly, | 我只想说 我非常想念你们 | 
| [01:22] | and I can’t wait ’til I return, which should be very, very soon. | 我等不及要回来了 很快我就会回来 | 
| [01:27] | He’s on my computer, too¡ª brushing his teeth. | 他也出现在我的电脑上了 刷牙的画面 | 
| [01:31] | Has he made any attempts to take files? | 他有没有试图窃取文件? | 
| [01:33] | Not that I can tell. | 我没发现 | 
| [01:36] | Ellenor. | |
| [01:38] | Tell your friend if he continues to break into our computers, | 告诉你的朋友如果他继续侵入我们的电脑 | 
| [01:41] | we’re going to the police. | 我们就要报警了 | 
| [01:44] | Yes, Eugene. | 是啊 Eugene | 
| [01:45] | I’ve demonstrated such a fine ability to control him, haven’t I? | 事实证明我能控制他的行为是吧? | 
| [01:50] | I’m off to court. | 我要去法庭了 | 
| [01:55] | You’re giving me $5000? | 你给我五千块? | 
| [01:57] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [01:58] | For what? | 为什么? | 
| [02:00] | What’ll it get me? | 我会得到什么回应? | 
| [02:02] | A slap in the face, and it’ll be free. | 一巴掌 而且是免费的 | 
| [02:06] | – Tara, I got you fired. – No, you didn’t. | Tara 我害你丢了工作 不 你没有 | 
| [02:09] | I made the choice to betray Eugene. You don’t owe me anything. | 是我决定背叛Eugene 你不欠我什么 | 
| [02:15] | That isn’t true, and we both know that. | 这不是事实 你我都清楚 | 
| [02:19] | Look. Let me at least try to get you rehired someplace else. | 听着 起码让我帮你找个新工作 | 
| [02:22] | I’ve got my bar exam coming up in July. | 7月我要参加律师资格考试 | 
| [02:24] | I should probably take time off anyway. | 反正都需要空闲时间的 | 
| [02:29] | I’m fine, Alan. | 我没事 Alan | 
| [02:31] | I don’t like being in someone else’s debt. | 我不想欠别人的 | 
| [02:35] | So what are you going to do? | 那你准备怎么办? | 
| [02:37] | Why, I’m going to get what’s mine, of course¡ª | 当然我要拿回属于我的东西 | 
| [02:40] | which is the real reason I’m here. | 这也是我来这里的真正原因 | 
| [02:45] | If this should go to trial, | 如果需要上法庭 | 
| [02:47] | witnesses will be called for both sides. | 两方都要传唤证人 | 
| [02:50] | May I call you to be on mine? | 你能做我的证人吗? | 
| [02:54] | What did I witness? | 我作什么证? | 
| [02:56] | For starters, the conspiracy to fire me. | 首先是他们密谋解雇我的事 | 
| [02:59] | I also suspect they may try to raise my ethical deficits | 我还怀疑他们会将我的道德问题 | 
| [03:02] | as grounds for the discharge. | 作为解雇的原因 | 
| [03:05] | You might be able to bolster my estoppel claims as well as¡ª | 你可以支持我的禁止翻供诉求 还有… | 
| [03:08] | well, you’re familiar with the doctrine of unclean hands, aren’t you? | 你熟悉”不洁之手原则”吧? (如果在相关诉讼中有不道德行为,该诉讼不会得到法庭的支持) | 
| [03:14] | How messy is this gonna get? | 这会闹得多难看? | 
| [03:16] | May I count on you, Tara? | 我能指望你吗 Tara? | 
| [03:21] | I need you. | 我需要你 | 
| [03:59] | The Practice s08ep17 | |
| [04:06] | I can’t believe they’re actually prosecuting me for this. | 我不敢相信他们真的为这个起诉我 | 
| [04:09] | This just isn’t right, Ellenor. | 这是错误的 Ellenor | 
| [04:11] | – Carrie, you did hit a police officer. – In self-defense. | – Carrie 你确实打了一名警员 – 那是出于自卫 | 
| [04:14] | Well, come on. It wasn’t exactly¡ª | 也不完全算是… | 
| [04:16] | You said you’d make this go away. Those were your exact words. | 你说你可以摆平这件事 这可是你的原话 | 
| [04:19] | I thought I could. | 我那时候是这么想 | 
| [04:20] | But they’re choosing to make an example¡ª | 但是他们决定要杀鸡儆猴… | 
| [04:22] | I will lose my job if I get a conviction. | 如果我被定罪 就会失去工作 | 
| [04:24] | My boss wants to fire me already. | 我的老板已经想炒我了 | 
| [04:26] | And he says with an assault conviction, | 他还说袭击他人的罪名就是充足的理由 | 
| [04:28] | that’s cause. | |
| [04:29] | And I may lose my kids, too. Oh, my ex is always revisiting custody, | 我还会失去我的孩子 我前夫一直想夺回监护权 | 
| [04:32] | and he’s lickin’ himself over this. | 他指望着靠这个找到机会 | 
| [04:34] | I cannot get a conviction, Ellenor. You promised me. | 我不能被判刑 Ellenor 你答应过我的 | 
| [04:38] | Carrie, listen to me. | Carrie 听我说 | 
| [04:41] | We are about to go into that courtroom. | 我们要进法庭了 | 
| [04:43] | It is important¡ª | – 重要的是… | 
| [04:44] | Don’t’ talk to me like I’m a child. | – 别把我当小孩哄 | 
| [04:46] | I am talking to a criminal defendant. | 你现在是一个刑事案被告 | 
| [04:50] | Your demeanor will factor into the disposition. | 你的行为会影响到最后的处决 | 
| [04:53] | You need to rein yourself in. Do you understand? | 你要控制住自己 懂吗? | 
| [04:56] | You promised me. | 你答应过我的 | 
| [05:03] | Have you been dissatisfied with our performance to date? | 目前为止你对我们的服务有什么不满意吗? | 
| [05:05] | Far from it. I think you’re superior lawyers, | 完全没有 我觉得你们是很棒的律师 | 
| [05:08] | but I did come here because of Alan Shore, | 但我确实是冲着Alan Shore来的 | 
| [05:11] | and now that he’s gone¡ª | 而现在他走了… | 
| [05:12] | We certainly respect your relationship with Alan, | 我们尊重你与Alan的关系 | 
| [05:15] | and I realize our experience is primarily criminal, | 我也清楚我们的经验主要是在刑事案件方面 | 
| [05:19] | but we have become full-service with some remarkable results in civil cases | 但我们现在能提供全面的服务 | 
| [05:23] | against a tobacco company, against¡ª | 比如赢得了一场 针对某烟草公司的民事诉讼 | 
| [05:25] | Mr. Young, I run a securities firm. | – 还有与… – Young先生 我开的是证券公司 | 
| [05:27] | Alan Shore has much more experience with¡ª | Alan Shore有更丰富的经验… | 
| [05:29] | Certainly, if you choose to go to another firm, | 当然如果你要选择另一家律所 | 
| [05:32] | we will honor that decision. | 我们会尊重这个决定 | 
| [05:34] | But as your current lawyers, | 但是作为你现在的律师 | 
| [05:35] | we have a fiduciary duty to advise you that, uh . . . | 我们有受托人的责任来给你建议… | 
| [05:43] | There are many firms that can give you great service, | 有很多律所能给你提供出色的服务 | 
| [05:47] | but I must strongly caution you against going with Alan Shore. | 但我必须强烈提醒你远离Alan Shore | 
| [05:54] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [05:58] | It is our belief that he is unstable, | 我们确信他是个反复无常的人 | 
| [06:00] | that he has self-destructive personality tendencies, | 具有自我毁灭的性格倾向 | 
| [06:04] | that he is also prone to committing unethical¡ª | 而且很可能做出不道德的… | 
| [06:06] | sometimes even criminal¡ªacts. | 有时候甚至是违法的行为 | 
| [06:08] | You’re in the securities business. | 你从事的是证券业 | 
| [06:11] | You have to avoid even the appearance of impropriety. | 就算只是表面上的不正当行为 也是要极力避免的 | 
| [06:13] | One false step can cost you and your shareholders millions of dollars. | 一步走错就会给你和你的股东们 带来上百万美元的损失 | 
| [06:19] | Now, of course, we would like you to stay with us. | 当然我们希望你能继续跟我们合作 | 
| [06:23] | But, wherever you take your business, | 但是不管你要找谁 | 
| [06:26] | I would urge you again not to take it to Alan Shore. | 我强烈建议你不要找Alan Shore | 
| [06:34] | At first she was polite, | 刚开始她还很温和 | 
| [06:36] | but as I told her to relocate, she became abusive. | 但当我要求她去别的地方 她就变得有攻击性了 | 
| [06:39] | And what did you do then? | 然后你怎么做的? | 
| [06:41] | I informed her that if she wouldn’t move peacefully and willingly, | 我告诉她如果她不自觉自愿地离开 | 
| [06:45] | I’d have to physically escort her. | 我就只能强行带她走了 | 
| [06:46] | And how did she respond? | 她是怎么回应的? | 
| [06:48] | She said something about me having sex with my mother. | 她说了些关于卧槽泥马之类的话 (赞美草泥马之歌 XD 不懂的同学请goolge) | 
| [06:52] | And then what happened? | 然后发生了什么事? | 
| [06:53] | I proceeded to physically escort her, and that’s when she assaulted me. | 我就要强行带她走 那时候她就袭击我了 | 
| [06:57] | Officer, I have a videotape made by a bystander | 我想播放一段目击者录下的录像 | 
| [07:01] | which I would like to play. | |
| [07:02] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [07:03] | Overruled. | 反对无效 | 
| [07:09] | Okay. We’ve highlighted you and Miss Moses | 好的 我们在画面中突出了Moses小姐 | 
| [07:10] | to make it easier to make it easier to see. | 这样看得更清楚 | 
| [07:13] | This is in fact you? | 这是你没错吧? | 
| [07:15] | Yes, it is. | 是的 | 
| [07:17] | She’s arguing with me at this point. | 这个时候她正跟我争执 | 
| [07:21] | Right here, I put my hand on her elbow to escort her. | 这里我拉住她的手臂要把她带走 | 
| [07:30] | Does this tape accurately reflect what happened? | 这段录像真实反映了当时的情况吗? | 
| [07:34] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [07:36] | Thank you, Officer. | 感谢你 警官 | 
| [07:44] | Could you tell us why the crowd was gathered on Boylston Street? | 请告诉我们当时人群聚集 在Boylston街是为什么? | 
| [07:47] | There was a presidential motorcade. | 总统的车队要经过 | 
| [07:50] | President Bush was in town? | 布什总统来了这里? | 
| [07:51] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [07:52] | And why did you object to my client being in this crowd? | 那你为什么不让我的委托人站在人群里? | 
| [07:56] | She was carrying a placard that was critical of the President. | 她拿着一张批评总统的海报 | 
| [07:59] | So you made the decision to relocate her? | 所以你要让她离开? | 
| [08:01] | Yes, ma’am, acting in concert with the Secret Service. | 是的 女士 那是遵照特工的指示 | 
| [08:05] | The Secret Service asked you to remove my client? | 特工要求你带走我的委托人? | 
| [08:08] | Not her specifically. | 也不具体指她 | 
| [08:10] | When the President travels, | 在总统出行时 | 
| [08:11] | the Secret Service scouts the location in advance | 特工会事先侦察目的地 | 
| [08:14] | and directs local law enforcement | 指示地方执法部门设立 “自由言论区域” | 
| [08:16] | to set up “free speech zones¡± or “protest zones,¡± | 和 “抗议区域” | 
| [08:19] | where those who choose to protest can assemble. | 在那里抗议示威的人可以聚集 | 
| [08:23] | So you told my client she had to go 3 miles away, down by the harbor? | 所以你告诉我的委托人 她得 沿着海湾走3英里远? | 
| [08:27] | That’s where the designated protest zone was, down in¡ª | 那里是抗议区域 就在… | 
| [08:30] | So, to carry a placard to protest against the President, | 所以 要拿着一张反对总统的海报 | 
| [08:34] | one would have to go to a place | 就必须要走到一个 | 
| [08:35] | where the President couldn’t possibly see it. | 总统不太可能看到的地方? | 
| [08:37] | It’s an anti-terrorist policy. | 这属于反恐政策 | 
| [08:40] | Terrorist? | – 恐怖分子? | 
| [08:41] | Yes. Terrorists pose a security risk | – 对 | 
| [08:44] | and obviously tend to be anti-U.S., | 恐怖分子会带来安全威胁 而且明显是针对美国的 | 
| [08:47] | so we relocate protesters to where they won’t pose a risk to the President. | 所以我们把反对者带到 不会威胁到总统安全的地方 | 
| [08:53] | Just so I’m clear: | 那我明白了 | 
| [08:54] | People with pro-Bush signs were allowed to line the streets for the motorcade; | 举着支持布什口号的人们 就可以在车队通过时站在街道两边 | 
| [08:59] | people with anti-Bush signs were either taken away or arrested. | 而拿着反对布什标志的人 就要被带走或者逮捕 | 
| [09:03] | Basically. | 差不多是 | 
| [09:04] | And when you tried to explain this to my client, | 当你跟我的委托人解释这事时 | 
| [09:06] | she became enraged. | 她变得很愤怒 | 
| [09:08] | Very enraged. | 非常愤怒 | 
| [09:09] | And as a result of her rage | 她的愤怒 | 
| [09:11] | and you trying to physically escort her, she threw a punch. | 和你试图强行带走她的行为 | 
| [09:15] | Basically. | 使得她对你挥了拳头 差不多是这样 | 
| [09:19] | It’s stunning. | 这让人震惊 | 
| [09:21] | Recently, two grandmothers were arrested in Florida | 最近佛罗里达州的两个老奶奶 | 
| [09:24] | for waving tiny handwritten protest cards | 因为挥舞小小的手写抗议海报被捕了 | 
| [09:27] | outside of the designated free-speech zone. | 就在设立好的”言论自由区域”之外 | 
| [09:30] | What’s the point? | 你想说什么? | 
| [09:32] | What’s the point? | 我想说什么? | 
| [09:34] | You didn’t want to have a beer to lament the demise of free speech. | 你不会只为了悲叹被扼杀的言论自由 就跟我喝酒吧 | 
| [09:37] | What’s the point? | 你想说什么? | 
| [09:39] | I know you hired a lawyer. | 我知道你雇了个律师 | 
| [09:43] | Alan, give it some time so tempers can… | Alan 再过段时间平息… | 
| [09:49] | I’d like to work this out. | 我想解决这件事 | 
| [09:50] | So would I. | 我也想 | 
| [09:52] | Then you can’t be sending e-mails of yourself. | 那你不能再发有你自己的电子邮件 | 
| [09:54] | If you antagonize Eugene and Jimmy… | 如果你跟Eugene和Jimmy敌对… | 
| [09:59] | Look, you can’t get fired by two firms in one year. | 听着 你不能在一年内被两家律所解雇 | 
| [10:02] | As brilliant as you are, your career will never recover. | 就算是像你这样优秀 事业也会一蹶不振的 | 
| [10:06] | You need to work this out. | 你需要挽回这件事 | 
| [10:08] | I land on my feet, Ellenor. | 我脚踏实地走路 Ellenor | 
| [10:10] | I could show you the bunions to prove it. | 我可以给你看我脚上的囊肿 | 
| [10:17] | I need you to work this out. | 我需要你挽回 | 
| [10:23] | I can’t bear the idea of going back to work with you not being there. | 我不能忍受回到那里 却不能跟你一起工作 | 
| [10:31] | A fight hurts everybody. | 争斗只会两败俱伤 | 
| [10:38] | I’d need to be able to bring Tara back. | 那我要把Tara也带回去 | 
| [10:43] | Let’s get this to the table, | 我们好好处理这件事 | 
| [10:46] | and we’ll work it out. | 会解决的 | 
| [10:55] | All I’m asking, Eugene, is that you keep an open mind. | Eugene 我只要求你有包容之心 | 
| [11:01] | Has it ever been open? | 你有过吗? | 
| [11:03] | I don’t think it’s my objectivity that’s in question here, Ellenor. | 我觉得问题不在于我的客观理智 Ellenor | 
| [11:06] | Okay. I’m biased. | 好吧 我是有私心的 | 
| [11:09] | I plead guilty. | 我认错 | 
| [11:11] | But I am speaking objectively | 但我说争斗对律所有害无利 | 
| [11:14] | when I say a war is bad for business¡ªour business. | 这是客观的评价 | 
| [11:18] | Look at any law-firm divorce. | 对我们的事业 看看其他律所分裂的例子 | 
| [11:19] | Show me one where anybody has come out ahead. | 你说哪一次结果不是两败俱伤的? | 
| [11:25] | We’ll talk to the man’s lawyer. | 我们可以跟他的律师谈谈 | 
| [11:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [11:33] | I like President Bush. | 我喜欢布什总统 | 
| [11:35] | I voted for him before, Ill probably vote for him again. | 我给他投过票 以后大概还会投 | 
| [11:38] | And I’m pro-war¡ª I’m not one of those liberals. | 我也是支持战争的…我不是那种自由派的人 | 
| [11:41] | I cheered when they caught Saddam, so did my kids. | 当萨达姆被抓住时我欢喜雀跃 我的孩子们也是 | 
| [11:43] | They wanted to cut off his head and play soccer with it. | 他们想把他的脑袋割下来当球踢 | 
| [11:46] | Carrie, what were you protesting that day? | Carrie 那天你在那里抗议什么? | 
| [11:48] | The environment. | 环境保护 | 
| [11:50] | You’re against the environment? | 你反对环境保护? | 
| [11:51] | No, I’m for it. | 不 我支持 | 
| [11:53] | I’m very concerned about the air my kids breathe, | 我很关心我孩子呼吸的空气 | 
| [11:56] | and what I was protesting… | 那天我抗议的是… | 
| [11:58] | See, the E.P.A. puts out some report | 是这样 环境保护局做了一份报告 | 
| [12:00] | to give the public warnings and stuff on the environment, | 提醒大众一些 环境方面的问题 | 
| [12:03] | and the Administration censored it | 却被政府”和谐”了 | 
| [12:05] | so the public wouldn’t know what they were trying to warn us about. | 导致民众不知道他们想提醒的是什么 | 
| [12:08] | What’s up with that? | 怎么能这样? | 
| [12:09] | So you had a placard? | 所以你做了张海报? | 
| [12:11] | Saying, “Don’t’ censor the E.P.A.¡± | 上面写着 “不要’和谐’环境保护局” | 
| [12:14] | And this policeman tells me | 而这个警察告诉我 | 
| [12:15] | that I’ve got to go somewhere 5 miles away from the motorcade. | 我必须跑到 离车队5英里远的地方去 | 
| [12:19] | So, when he told you this¡ª? | 所以当他对你这么说时…? | 
| [12:21] | I hit him. | 我打了他 | 
| [12:23] | Not right away. We first had words. | 不是一来就动手 我们先有口角 | 
| [12:27] | He said that my carrying a placard on the E.P.A. | 他说因为我举着关于环境保护局的海报 | 
| [12:29] | somehow made me a security risk. | 就成了什么安全威胁 | 
| [12:32] | I said, “What about my right to assemble?¡± | 我说 “那我的集会权呢?” | 
| [12:34] | He said I got a right to assemble, | 他说我有集会权 | 
| [12:36] | but it’s in another section of town. | 但是在本城的另一个地方 | 
| [12:38] | And then he got belligerent and dismissive, | 然后他强硬粗暴起来 | 
| [12:41] | and that’s when I made reference to him in an unfavorable light, | 就在那时候我 | 
| [12:44] | and at that point, he grabbed me to pull me off, | 对他有点出言不逊 于是 | 
| [12:46] | and on instinct, I lost it. | 他要把我拉走 出于本能我失控了 | 
| [12:49] | Free-speech zone! | “言论自由区域”! | 
| [12:52] | I thought this whole country was a free-speech zone. | 我以为这本来就是个言论自由的国家 | 
| [12:58] | W¡ªwhat do you mean, I didn’t do well? | 你说什么… 我表现得不好? | 
| [13:00] | You did great, but you came off a little bit gruff. | 你表现得很好 但显得太鲁莽了 | 
| [13:04] | Gruff? | 鲁莽? | 
| [13:06] | You could’ve left out the ‘laying soccer with Saddam’s head.’ | “把萨达姆的脑袋当球踢”这种话不该说的 | 
| [13:09] | That doesn’t make me gruff. | 这句话哪会显得我鲁莽 | 
| [13:11] | Carrie | Carrie, | 
| [13:12] | I’m just afraid the jury is gonna read you as antagonistic. | 我只是害怕陪审团会觉得你太有敌意 | 
| [13:18] | I could probably plead this out on a misdemeanor battery. | 我有把握让这场诉讼以轻度故意伤人结案 | 
| [13:21] | But, what about my right to protest? | 那我的抗议权呢? | 
| [13:24] | Well, that right doesn’t include punching a police officer | 打警察的行为不受这种权利保护 | 
| [13:28] | and you don’t want to go down on a felony. | 而且你也不想以重罪收场吧 | 
| [13:31] | You know what, Ellenor. | 你知道吗 Ellenor | 
| [13:33] | I got rich relatives in Europe. | 我在欧洲有一些富亲戚 | 
| [13:35] | They visit sometimes when they come to Boston to see musicians and stuff, | 他们有时候会来波士顿 看音乐家表演什么的 | 
| [13:38] | and they’re snooty. | 他们都是趾高气扬的 | 
| [13:41] | – I’m not sure that’s relevant. – No, I’m getting to it. | 我觉得这没什么关联吧 不 我马上要说到了 | 
| [13:45] | They’re snooty about their money, | 他们趾高气扬 因为富有 | 
| [13:46] | about their country, about their intellectual whatever¡ª | 因为自己的国家 因为自己的文化… | 
| [13:49] | and they look down on me. | 他们看不起我 | 
| [13:52] | And you know what I tell them? | 你知道我怎么跟他们说吗? | 
| [13:53] | What I say I got that they don’t got? | 关于我拥有什么他们没有的东西? | 
| [13:56] | America: | 美国 | 
| [13:59] | a true democracy. Real freedom. | 真实的民主 真正的自由 | 
| [14:02] | And I don’t mean to sound like Patrick Henry and all those dead presidents. | 我不是想像Patrick Henry 和那些去世的总统一样 | 
| [14:06] | Patrick Henry was never a president. | Patrick Henry没当过总统 | 
| [14:08] | But to be able to vote, to protest, | 但有选举权 有抗议权 | 
| [14:11] | to do all the things we went to Iraq to give the Iraqi people the chance to do¡ª | 可以做那些我们去伊拉克 让那里的人也有机会做的事… | 
| [14:16] | it means something. | 这是有意义的 | 
| [14:18] | I went to that motorcade to voice my opinion, nothing more. | 我去车队经过的地方 不过是想表达自己的意见 | 
| [14:22] | That cop told me that I couldn’t do that. | 那个警察告诉我 我不能那么做 | 
| [14:25] | Now, maybe I shouldn’t have hit him, | 也许我是不应该打他 | 
| [14:27] | but I will not plead out on this. | 但我不会认这个罪 | 
| [14:30] | I have not yet begun to fight. | 我还没开始战斗 | 
| [14:33] | John Paul Jones or somebody said that. | 这句话是John Paul Jones或是谁说的 | 
| [14:36] | Was he a president? | 他当过总统吗? | 
| [14:39] | No. | 没有 | 
| [14:41] | I can’t walk away from this, Ellenor. | 我不能屈服 Ellenor | 
| [14:45] | This isn’t right. | 这是不对的 | 
| [14:47] | And I need you to fight for me. | 我需要你为我而战 | 
| [14:57] | I’m not necessarily defending him on the merits. | 我不一定会说他的好话 | 
| [15:00] | How can that be? | 怎么可能? | 
| [15:01] | You’re a lawyer. He hired you as his lawyer. | 你是个律师 他是你的委托人 | 
| [15:04] | How can you not defend him on the merits? | 你怎么会不维护他? | 
| [15:06] | I don’t know all the facts, Eugene, | 我并不完全了解情况 Eugene | 
| [15:08] | but let’s assume for the sake of argument, | 但就先理论上假设 | 
| [15:10] | the discharge was justified. | 解雇的行为是合理的 | 
| [15:11] | It was. | 它就是 | 
| [15:12] | From my understanding, | 以我的理解 | 
| [15:14] | some of the worst things he did, he did in the beginning, | 他做过最坏的事 有一些是一开始就做了的 | 
| [15:16] | which you knew about, | 你也是知情的 | 
| [15:18] | which means he may have some estoppel arguments. | 这样他可能会提出禁止翻供的论证 | 
| [15:20] | Just because we may have known some of the stuff he was up to, | 我们知道他做的一些事 | 
| [15:24] | that doesn’t mean we sanctioned it. | 并不代表我们就认可了 | 
| [15:26] | I’m not suggesting that. | 我不是指这个 | 
| [15:27] | Then what are you suggesting? | 那你指什么? | 
| [15:29] | You took the money. | 你拿了那些钱 | 
| [15:32] | It doesn’t seem fair that you would profit from the very conduct | 现在你以此作为解雇他的理由 | 
| [15:35] | you’re now citing as the cause. | 当初却从中获利 这不太公平吧 | 
| [15:36] | I’m done. | 就说到这吧 | 
| [15:38] | Done? You just sat down. | 就说到这? 你才刚刚坐下来 | 
| [15:40] | Let the man sue if he thinks he has a case. I’m ready. | 如果他觉得这件案子成立 就去起诉吧 我准备好了 | 
| [15:43] | That kind of emotion suggests that you might be personalizing this a little. | 看起来你带了点个人情绪啊 | 
| [15:49] | Take a look around, Mr. Billings. | 你看看这里 Billings先生 | 
| [15:52] | This is a firm I’ve given the last 15 years of my life to. | 我过去的15年都献给了这间律所 | 
| [15:56] | Your client, Alan Shore, devalued that. | 你的委托人Alan Shore贬低了它的价值 | 
| [15:59] | I take it personally. | 我是有个人情绪 | 
| [16:00] | I’m not ashamed to take that personally. | 我并不为此羞愧 | 
| [16:17] | All you need to know, Eugene¡ª | 你需要知道的只是 Eugene… | 
| [16:19] | I won’t lose. | 我不会输的 | 
| [16:23] | As senior partner, | 作为高级合伙人 | 
| [16:24] | I recognize it would be in the best interest of the firm | 我觉得把这件事 | 
| [16:26] | to work this out quietly and quickly. | 安静迅速地处理好 才符合律所最高利益 | 
| [16:29] | But you know what? | 但你知道吗? | 
| [16:30] | Let’s fight, Alan. | 开战吧 Alan | 
| [16:33] | I want to go to court, lower myself into the trnches, | 我想上法庭 | 
| [16:36] | and have the kind of street war I’m capable of. | 降低我自己去跟你玩 这种我也会玩的低级游戏 | 
| [16:38] | But not to worry. | 但别担心 | 
| [16:40] | ‘Cause you won’t lose. | 因为你不会输 | 
| [16:54] | My advice is to walk away. | 我建议还是全身而退 | 
| [16:59] | Hey, you and I could start a firm! | 我们两个可以开家律所! | 
| [17:01] | Assuming I pass the bar, that is. Think of how exciting that would be! | 前提是假设我通过了资格考试 想想那会多好! | 
| [17:06] | What is with my head? I’m feeling drunk. | 我在想什么? 我好像醉了 | 
| [17:09] | Is it possible to get drunk on one shot of liqueur? | 有可能喝了一小杯酒就醉吗? | 
| [17:11] | Probably not, but I’ve been pouring vodka in your drink, so¡ª | 应该不会 | 
| [17:14] | Alan… | 但我往你杯子里倒了伏特加… | 
| [17:15] | I was hoping it would lead to intercourse. | 我希望达到酒后乱性的效果 | 
| [17:18] | In times of stress, I find solace in warm, dark places. | 在压力很大的时候 我往往能 在黑暗温暖的地方找到安慰 | 
| [17:22] | Slipping me liquor to get me into bed¡ª | 偷偷灌醉我 把我弄上床… | 
| [17:26] | that’s date rape. | – 这简直就是约会强暴 | 
| [17:27] | Oh, don’t be so trendy. | – 哦 别弄得那么时髦 | 
| [17:28] | No, really, it’s not funny. | 不 真的 这可不好玩 | 
| [17:30] | Is that the reason why you showed up here? | 所以你才来这里的? | 
| [17:32] | I wouldn’t have actually slept with you, Tara. | 我不会真的跟你上床 Tara | 
| [17:35] | It’s more about knowing I can. | 更重要的是知道我可以做到 | 
| [17:37] | It’s the conquest with no fear of infection. | 是那种不用担心被传染性病的征服 | 
| [17:46] | Alan, are you interested in a relationship with me? | Alan 你想跟我恋爱吗? | 
| [17:52] | You needn’t worry about it happening. | 你不用担心真的会发生 | 
| [17:53] | I’d never actually let it. | 我不会的 | 
| [17:57] | So I’m offering you a rare bite at honesty. | 所以我是在给你一个珍贵的说真话的机会 | 
| [18:01] | Are you interested in me? | 你对我有兴趣吗? | 
| [18:07] | I find you very interesting. | 我觉得你很有趣 | 
| [18:13] | You and I would last a week, Tara. | 我们谈恋爱的话 可以维持一个星期 Tara | 
| [18:15] | It would be an absolutely glorious week, but no. | 那会是美妙的一星期 但还是不要 | 
| [18:21] | I’m only here now because Ellenor’s in trial, | 我来这里只是因为Ellenor要上庭 | 
| [18:23] | and I hate getting drunk alone. | 我又很讨厌一个人喝醉 | 
| [18:33] | I do have a friend, though. | 不过我确实有个朋友 | 
| [18:35] | A friend? | 朋友? | 
| [18:36] | She saw me with you one night, | 有天晚上她看见我跟你在一起 | 
| [18:38] | and she couldn’t stop going on and on about | 她就一直不停幻想着吻你的滋味 | 
| [18:43] | what it must be like to kiss you. | |
| [18:46] | Your friend’s a she, even. | 你的朋友还是个女的 | 
| [18:48] | She had some ridiculous idea that… | 她有个荒谬的念头… | 
| [18:54] | I don’t know… | 我不知道… | 
| [18:56] | those lips were different from… | 那嘴唇很不相同… | 
| [19:04] | “Lips are lips,¡± I said, | “嘴唇不过是嘴唇” 我说 | 
| [19:06] | “And since most people close their eyes while kissing, | “而且既然大部分人在亲吻时都闭着眼睛” | 
| [19:09] | it really doesn’t matter who or what¡ª” | “跟谁或跟什么接吻并不重要…“ | 
| [19:20] | More vodka? | 再来点伏特加? | 
| [19:30] | You seem a little fragile. | 你看着有点虚弱 | 
| [19:42] | Paul did it, you know. | 是Paul干的 | 
| [19:49] | I’m sorry? | 什么? | 
| [19:50] | Paul Stewart. | |
| [19:53] | He killed Brenda Wilbur. | 是他杀了Brenda Wilbur | 
| [20:02] | Everything turns out badly in the end. | 最后一切都变得很糟 | 
| [20:07] | That’s the only life lesson one needs. | 一个人学到这种人生经验也就够了 | 
| [20:15] | Anyway, I’m sorry to have intruded. | 抱歉打扰你 | 
| [20:24] | I don’t think you should drive. | 我觉得你最好别开车 | 
| [20:25] | I took a car. | 我开了辆车 | 
| [20:27] | It wasn’t mine, so I’m sure the police are out there, | 但不是我的 所以我确定警察会找来 | 
| [20:29] | but they’ll give me a lift. | 但是他们也会送我一程 | 
| [20:40] | You do know that you and I wouldn’t work. | 你知道我们成不了的 | 
| [20:43] | I do. | 我知道 | 
| [20:45] | You’re not nearly tawdry enough for me. | 对我来说你远远不够俗气 | 
| [20:51] | Good night. | 晚安 | 
| [21:10] | For your friend, | 给你的朋友 | 
| [21:14] | and whoever else might be curious. | 还有也许会对这好奇的人 | 
| [21:20] | Good night. | 晚安 | 
| [21:23] | Tara. | |
| [21:25] | Relax¡ªI don’t want the key to your heart¡ª | 别紧张..我不想要打开你真心的钥匙… | 
| [21:28] | just the office. | 只要办公室的 | 
| [21:32] | Excuse me? | 什么? | 
| [21:33] | They changed the locks, | 他们换了锁 | 
| [21:36] | but the master key should still work. | 但主钥匙应该还管用 | 
| [21:39] | And you have it¡ªdon’t you, Tara? | 你就有一把 对吧Tara? | 
| [21:50] | Did you call Eugene? | 你打给Eugene了吗? | 
| [21:51] | I had to; I can’t get in. I considered calling the police. | 我不得不打啊 没办法进去 我还想过叫警察 | 
| [21:57] | I got here at eight. It was already like this. | 我是8点到的 就已经是这样了 “306 Alan Shore律师事务所” | 
| [22:02] | It’s a new lock, and a new master. | 换了新锁 主钥匙也换了 | 
| [22:07] | This is trespassing. We can arrest him for this. | 这是非法侵入 可以因此逮捕他 | 
| [22:12] | Oh, hello. | 哦 好啊 | 
| [22:15] | Gosh, we’re not open yet. Please come back at nine. | 天啊 我们还没开门 请9点再来 | 
| [22:20] | It’s almost nine. | 马上9点了 | 
| [22:21] | Jimmy, file a trespassing report with the police. | Jimmy 向警方报案 非法侵入 | 
| [22:24] | Jamie, Lucy, let’s draft a T.R.O. | Jamie Lucy 我们写一份临时限制令申请 | 
| [22:27] | He’s in there collecting client files. | 他正在里面获取客户资料 | 
| [22:29] | Now, then. Who has business? | 现在可以了 谁需要律师服务? | 
| [22:34] | Perhaps a slight explanation is in order. | 也许需要先稍微解释一下 | 
| [22:37] | I’m invoking the doctrine partnership by estoppel. | 我会援引禁止翻供的合伙人原则 | 
| [22:39] | It’s a well-defined theory under Massachusetts law, | 在马萨诸塞州是非常成熟的法则 | 
| [22:42] | I’m sure you know it. | 你肯定知道 | 
| [22:43] | Given the huge imbalance with respect to billables, | 因为收费工作时数大幅领先 | 
| [22:47] | I took it upon myself to declare me senior partner. Imagine. | 我想宣布自己成为高级合伙人 | 
| [22:52] | Good news is: I’ve decided to keep you on, Eugene, | 好消息是我会留下你 Eugene | 
| [22:55] | in an associate position. | 作为律师职员 | 
| [22:56] | Bad news, Jimmy¡ªit’s not working out. | 坏消息 Jimmy… 你就不行了 | 
| [22:59] | Get out of my firm. | 从我的律所滚出去 | 
| [23:00] | Your firm? | 你的? | 
| [23:03] | You pay office rent, Eugene. You lease the equipment. | 你付办公室房租 Eugene 租用设备器具 | 
| [23:06] | As for the clients¡ªkeep yours, I’ll keep mine. | 至于客户…你保留自己的 我保留我的 | 
| [23:09] | Let’s do the math. | – 我们来算算看 – 我会动手把你扔出去 – 来吧 – 嘿 别这样 | 
| [23:10] | – I will physically throw you out. – Please do. | |
| [23:13] | Hey, come on. | |
| [23:17] | Look, Alan, obviously you’re trying to provoke something. | 听着 Alan 明显你是想挑事 | 
| [23:20] | What? You think you have a better legal case if Eugene attacks you? | 怎么? 你觉得如果Eugene对你动了手 会对你的案子有利? | 
| [23:23] | It wouldn’t get worse. | 反正不会不利 | 
| [23:24] | This is ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 | 
| [23:26] | Challenge the firing if you want, | 如果你想要就去申诉辞退的事 | 
| [23:28] | but you can’t just break in, change the locks, and take over the firm. | 但你不能就这样闯进来 换掉锁 夺走律所 | 
| [23:31] | I did take over the firm while I was here, so— | 我还在的时候就已经夺走律所了 所以… | 
| [23:34] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 | 
| [23:35] | If that’s true, have a judge declare it. | 如果这是事实 可以通过法官来宣布 | 
| [23:36] | But this is like some military coup. | 这弄得像军事政变似的 | 
| [23:39] | Be reasonable. | 讲点道理吧 | 
| [23:43] | I’m persuaded. | 你说服了我 | 
| [23:47] | I’ll let the judge decide. | 让法官决定吧 | 
| [24:00] | What the hell¡ª | 这算什么… | 
| [24:01] | He obviously got what he came for. | 显然他得到想要的了 306 Alan Shore律师事务所 | 
| [24:09] | On March 7th, there was a Presidential motorcade in Boston. | 3月7号 在波士顿有总统车队 | 
| [24:12] | Hundreds of thousands of people came out, | 成千上万的人去街上 | 
| [24:15] | some carrying signs in support of the Commander-in-Chief, | 有人拿着支持总统的标语 | 
| [24:19] | some waving placards in protest. | 有人挥舞着反对的海报 | 
| [24:21] | The ones protesting were removed under the threat of arrest. | 抗议的人要在被逮捕的威胁下转移地点 | 
| [24:27] | The ones in support were allowed to stay. | 支持的人就有发言权 | 
| [24:31] | What’s happening to us? | 我们怎么了? | 
| [24:34] | I realize we live in a different world since 9/11. | 我知道911之后我们身处的世界改变了 | 
| [24:37] | Certain liberties we just have to forfeit. | 我们必须付出某些权利 | 
| [24:40] | Search our luggage at airports, conduct racial profiling, | 我们的行李在机场被检查 被种族定性 | 
| [24:44] | put up cameras to watch us on street corners¡ªnone of us like any of it, | 我们的行为被街上架设的摄像头记录… 没有人被如此对待 | 
| [24:48] | but we havde to understand. | 但我们只能理解 | 
| [24:52] | But silence our voices? | 但是禁止我们的发言权? | 
| [24:56] | Make it a crime to engage in political dissent? | 把政治上的异见定为罪行? | 
| [25:00] | Segregating people based on the content of their ideas? | 根据政治观点来隔离人群? | 
| [25:04] | And it’s not just going on in the government. | 这还不止是政府的行为 | 
| [25:06] | Let’s look at television¡ª | 看看电视吧… | 
| [25:08] | the Super Bowl, for example. | 比如超级杯比赛 | 
| [25:10] | They bombarded us with ads on beer, erectile dysfunction. | 充斥着啤酒 性功能障碍药物的广告 | 
| [25:14] | It’s okay to see dogs biting crotches, and farting donkeys, | 播放舔咬私处的狗 | 
| [25:17] | let alone the half-time show. | 放屁的驴都无所谓 | 
| [25:20] | But a spot containing political content¡ª | 更不用说中场表演了 但只要一点关于政治的内容… | 
| [25:24] | that has to be shut down. | 都会被禁止 | 
| [25:27] | What is happening to this country? | 这个国家怎么了? | 
| [25:32] | Historically, we have always been a nation | 纵观历史 | 
| [25:35] | that has championed the idea. | 我们的国家始终是观念与想法的捍卫者 | 
| [25:38] | Today, if the government doesn’t like your idea, | 如今只要政府不喜欢你的想法 | 
| [25:41] | you can be cordoned off to a designated zone, | 你就要被封锁进一个指定区域 | 
| [25:43] | where it is guaranteed to get no exposure. | 在那里你绝不会被人看到 | 
| [25:47] | It goes against America, | 这是与美国 | 
| [25:50] | against the Constitution, | 与宪法相悖的 | 
| [25:51] | against the principles we fought for in every war | 这是与我们的原则相悖的 | 
| [25:55] | throughout our nation’s history. | 而美国历史上的每一场战争 正是为了捍卫这些原则 | 
| [25:57] | Of course, Carrie Moses felt rage! | 当然Carrie Moses会觉得愤怒! | 
| [26:00] | Where’s yours?! | 你不觉得愤怒吗?! | 
| [26:02] | Where’s yours, | 你呢? | 
| [26:04] | and yours? | 你呢? | 
| [26:10] | Edward R. Murrow once said, | 爱德华・R・默罗曾说 (Edward R. Murrow:美国广播新闻界一代宗师) | 
| [26:13] | “We must never confuse dissent with disloyalty.” | “我们决不能混淆异议与背叛” | 
| [26:20] | We have either become a country of oppression, | 我们要么已经变成了一个政治高压的国家 | 
| [26:24] | or we are just very, very confused. | 或者我们真是糊涂了 | 
| [26:31] | As Carrie herself said, | 正如Carrie自己所说 | 
| [26:34] | “Free-speech zone? | “自由言论区域? | 
| [26:37] | Why isn’t the whole country a free-speech zone?” | 这整个国家不都是自由言论区域吗?” | 
| [26:57] | Miss Moses punched a police officer. | Moses小姐打了一名警察 | 
| [27:00] | The crime she committed was assault, | 她犯了袭击罪 | 
| [27:03] | for which she has no defense, by the way. | 这是无可辩驳的 | 
| [27:06] | Which, of course, is the reason Miss Frutt just filibustered all of us | 这也是Frutt小姐刚才 | 
| [27:10] | on the principles of individual freedoms. | 以个人自由的原则转移我们注意的原因 | 
| [27:13] | But since Miss Frutt has raised the constitutionality | 但既然Frutt小姐提出了自由言论区域 | 
| [27:17] | of the free-speech zones… | 符合宪法这一观点 | 
| [27:19] | We live in a country | 我要说 | 
| [27:22] | where presidents get attacked. | 在我国总统确实会遭到攻击 | 
| [27:25] | In my lifetime, I saw President Kennedy get shot, | 我这辈子见过肯尼迪总统被枪击 | 
| [27:29] | his brother, Robert, assassinated running for President. | 他的弟弟Robert在竞选总统的过程中被暗杀 | 
| [27:33] | President Ford was nearly shot. | 福特总统差点中枪 | 
| [27:35] | President Reagan was shot¡ª | 里根总统中了枪… | 
| [27:37] | and that was before 9/11. | 而这些都还是在911之前发生的 | 
| [27:39] | The whole terrorist world would love to see President Bush dead. | 所有的恐怖分子都希望布什总统被杀 | 
| [27:44] | Vice President Cheney has to live in secret hiding, | 副总统切尼不得不住在隐秘的地方 | 
| [27:47] | so real is the threat. | 威胁是真实存在的 | 
| [27:51] | Are we really being that unreasonable to impose strict security measures¡ª | 执行严格的安全措施真的就不合理吗? | 
| [27:56] | perhaps even over-reaching ones? | 就算是过度的保护措施呢? | 
| [27:59] | Now, just like Miss Frutt, | 像Frutt小姐一样 | 
| [28:03] | I would love to go back to the world that we used to live in. | 我也想重回以前的那个世界 | 
| [28:07] | Where we didn’t have yellow, orange, and red alerts. | 那时我们没有黄色 橙色 红色警报 | 
| [28:12] | We didn’t have to x-ray people’s shoes at airports, | 不会在机场用X光照旅客的鞋 | 
| [28:15] | where we didn’t have to guard bridges. | 不会在桥上设警卫保护 | 
| [28:18] | The New York police force currently is going through | 纽约警察局 | 
| [28:21] | training in preparation for a nuclear attack. | 正在进行核攻击应对措施的训练 | 
| [28:27] | Of course it’s nice to lament the loss of our old world. | 哀悼旧世界的消亡是不错 | 
| [28:34] | But we have to live in this one. | 但我们必须活在当下 | 
| [28:42] | You tell me want to settle, then you break into their office. | 你说你想解决问题 却又闯入他们的办公室 | 
| [28:44] | – Only to download the books. – That’s illegal. | – 只是为了下载资料 – 这是违法的 | 
| [28:47] | And why did you change the name on their door? | 你还换了他们的门牌? | 
| [28:48] | Okay. That part was fun. | 好吧 这个比较好玩 | 
| [28:49] | I’m not going to represent you, Alan, | 如果你要这么干 | 
| [28:51] | if this is how you’re going to behave. | Alan 我就不做你的律师了 | 
| [28:52] | What with the red tie, soldier? | 怎么弄了个红领带 大兵? | 
| [28:54] | – Denny. – I beg your pardon? | – 你说什么? | 
| [28:55] | Around here, we were cold ties¡ª | 在这儿我们都戴冷色领带… 蓝色 | 
| [28:57] | blue, black. Hard colors, tough colors. | 黑色 强硬深沉的颜色 | 
| [29:00] | Red is soft. | 红色代表软弱 | 
| [29:02] | Soft does not work around here, sailor. | 软弱在这里可行不通 水手 | 
| [29:05] | This is Alan Shore, Denny. | Denny 这是Alan Shore | 
| [29:07] | He’s not an attorney here, he’s a client. | 他不是这里的律师 是客户 | 
| [29:10] | Oh. | 哦 | 
| [29:12] | Red’s a soft color, pilgrim. | 红色是软弱的颜色 朝圣者 | 
| [29:17] | That’s Denny Crane? The Denny Crane? | 那是Denny Crane?传说中的Denny Crane? | 
| [29:19] | Don’t be fooled. | 别被迷惑了 | 
| [29:20] | Once he’s in the courtroom, he’s every bit the icon. | 到了法庭上 他是个彻头彻尾的大腕 | 
| [29:24] | Now, can we get back to you? | 现在还是说你的事吧 | 
| [29:26] | They moved for a T.R.O. before Judge Gleason tomorrow. | 他们明天要向Gleason法官呈递临时限制令 | 
| [29:29] | What’s this I hear on Ryan? | Ryan的事怎样? | 
| [29:31] | He’s holding at 120. His attorney’s due in any second. | 他咬定1200万 他的律师马上就到 | 
| [29:34] | – Send him into my office, will you? – Yeah. | – 让他来我办公室 好吗? – 好 | 
| [29:35] | Good man¡ªGleason. | 他人不错…Gleason | 
| [29:37] | Shot ducks with him on Saturday. He’s a good man. | 周六跟他去打过鸭子 他是个好人 | 
| [29:42] | As you can see, I’m in the middle of something, | 你也看到了 我现在有事要忙 | 
| [29:44] | so maybe we should just resched¡ª | 所以也许我们可以重订… | 
| [29:46] | Mr. Crane¡ªDenny. | Crane先生… Denny 你好 | 
| [29:48] | Hello. Alan Shore. | 我是Alan Shore 戴暖色领带的家伙 | 
| [29:51] | – Warm tie. – Oh, sure. | 哦 当然 | 
| [29:52] | I know who you are. I just spoke to you. | 我知道你是谁 – 我刚跟你说过话 | 
| [29:54] | Excellent. I wasn’t sure I made an impression. | – 太好了 我不确定是否给你留下了印象 | 
| [29:56] | Did I hear you say you duck hunt with Judge Gleason? | 你说跟Gleason法官打过鸭子? | 
| [29:58] | Yeah. Good man. | 是啊 他是好人 | 
| [30:01] | Great shot. | 打得不错 | 
| [30:02] | You shoot? | 你打猎吗? | 
| [30:03] | – Do I shoot? – Mm. | 我打猎吗? | 
| [30:04] | Huh, let me tell you. Do I shoot. | 嗯 我告诉你吧 我打不打猎 | 
| [30:08] | Can I talk to you for a minute? | 能跟你谈谈吗? | 
| [30:12] | Why does the door¡ª? | 那门怎么了…? | 
| [30:15] | Don’t ask. | 别问 | 
| [30:18] | What happened? | 怎么回事? | 
| [30:20] | He got the master key¡ªwe think from Tara. | 他拿到了主钥匙…我们觉得应该是从Tara那里 | 
| [30:23] | He downloaded the financial records and accounts receivables. | 他下载了财务记录和账户应收款项 | 
| [30:27] | He also¡ª | 他还… | 
| [30:31] | Also what? | 还怎么? | 
| [30:34] | All of our clients go this e-mail. | 我们所有的客户都收到了这封电邮 | 
| [30:38] | Alert! Wardrobe malfunction! Alert! | 警报! 衣橱事故! 警报! | 
| [30:46] | Where’s Eugene? | Eugene呢? | 
| [30:48] | He’s in his office. | 在他的办公室 | 
| [30:50] | We have a T.R.O. scheduled for tomorrow. | 我们明天要呈递临时限制令 | 
| [31:05] | He took records? | 他带走了记录? | 
| [31:07] | Yep, and he mangled our system so we’re having trouble pulling stuff up. | 是啊 他破坏了我们的系统 我们得费工夫重新整理 | 
| [31:13] | I’m sorry for… | 抱歉 … | 
| [31:19] | Do you blame me for this? | 你觉得是我的错? | 
| [31:20] | You vouched for the man. | 是你为他担保的 | 
| [31:22] | I certainly didn’t think¡ª | – 我当然没想到… | 
| [31:23] | You vouched for his character, | – 你为他的人格担保 | 
| [31:25] | and after all the crap he’s pulled¡ª he’s now broken into our office, | 而在搞了那么多破事之后… | 
| [31:28] | – stolen files¡ª – Eugene¡ª | 又闯入我们的办公室 偷窃资料.. | 
| [31:29] | You spoke for that man’s character, | – 你为他的人格说了好话 | 
| [31:32] | and he’s held us up to disgrace. | 但他让我们蒙羞 | 
| [31:36] | Now we’re going to have to endure a big public spectacle of¡ª | 现在我们要在大庭广众之下承受… | 
| [31:43] | I certainly didn’t see this coming. | 我绝对没想到会发生这种事 | 
| [31:46] | That’s the difference between us. | 这就是你我的差别 | 
| [31:48] | I did. | 我想到了 | 
| [31:50] | And I still¡ª | 而且我仍然… | 
| [31:56] | So, what’s happening now? | 那现在怎么办? | 
| [32:01] | What’s happening now is we’re going into court, | 现在我们要上法庭 | 
| [32:03] | trying to enjoin him from taking any of our clients. | 设法禁止他带走我们的客户 现在 | 
| [32:07] | What’s happening now, Ellenor, is the beginning of a war. | Ellenor 战争打响了 | 
| [32:12] | And what’s happening now¡ª | 现在…你要决定自己的立场 | 
| [32:15] | you have to choose a side. | |
| [32:18] | You can’t be on the fence anymore. | 不能再保持中立了 | 
| [32:21] | Eugene, you know I’m on your side. | Eugene 你知道我是站在你这边的 | 
| [32:26] | Do I? | 是吗? | 
| [32:30] | We need to vilify this man in open court, Ellenor. | 我们要在公开法庭上严厉斥责这个人 Ellenor | 
| [32:34] | Look me in the eye and tell me you’re prepared to do that. | 看着我的眼睛说 你准备好这么做了 | 
| [32:45] | Partnership by estoppel¡ªwe get the court to declare me as a partner. | 由禁止翻供原则得到合伙人权力… 我们要让法庭宣布我是合伙人 | 
| [32:48] | There’s precedent under Massachusetts law. | 在马萨诸塞州法律中有过先例 | 
| [32:50] | Are you Jewish? | 你是犹太人吗? | 
| [32:52] | Am I Jewish? | 我是犹太人吗? | 
| [32:53] | Best bet¡ªwe argue they fired you because you’re a Jew. | 最好是..我们申诉他们因为你是犹太人开除了你 | 
| [32:57] | No defense against that. | 他们无法辩护 | 
| [32:58] | Well, I would ordinarily agree, | 一般情况下我会同意的 | 
| [33:00] | but they didn’t fire me for that, | 但他们不是因为这个开除我 | 
| [33:02] | and I’m not Jewish. | 而且我也不是犹太人 | 
| [33:05] | I didn’t hear that. | 我没听到 | 
| [33:08] | Mr. Crane? | Crane先生? 我是Stan | 
| [33:09] | Stan Brenner. Matthew Billings said you wanted to see me? | Brenner Matthew Billings说你想见我? | 
| [33:12] | Yeah. Come in. | 是的 请进 | 
| [33:17] | I’m told you’re holding at 120. | 我听说你咬定1200万了? | 
| [33:21] | The man died, son. | 那人死了 孩子 | 
| [33:23] | Well, as I explained to Mr. Billings, | 我跟Billings先生解释过了 | 
| [33:24] | there are some serious liability problems. | 存在很严重的债务问题 | 
| [33:26] | I don’t want to hear about liability problems. | 我不想听什么债务问题 | 
| [33:29] | Did Mr. Billings explain that Marie Sinett is one of my oldest and dearest friends? | Billings先生跟没跟你说过Marie Sinett 是我一个交情很好的老朋友? | 
| [33:34] | That I’m like a brother to her late husband? | 我跟他亡夫就像兄弟一样? | 
| [33:37] | It was actually the brother who died, | 事实上是她兄弟死了 | 
| [33:39] | not the husband. | 不是丈夫 | 
| [33:41] | Really? | 真的? | 
| [33:42] | You know what? | 你知道吗? | 
| [33:43] | Medical records aside, | 抛开医学记录不谈 | 
| [33:45] | if Denny Crane tells the jury it was the husband, | 如果Denny Crane告诉陪审团是她丈夫死了 | 
| [33:49] | they’ll believe it was the husband. | 他们就会相信是他丈夫 | 
| [33:53] | I play poker with Charlie Levine. | Charlie Levine是我的扑克牌玩伴 | 
| [33:56] | Charlie still head up litigation at your firm? | Charlie还是你们律所的头吧? | 
| [33:58] | Yes, he does. | 是的 | 
| [34:00] | Hell of a guy, Charlie. | 那人很糟 Charlie | 
| [34:05] | Listen. | 听着 | 
| [34:09] | We’re going to raise your last counter to 142, | 我们准备把最终价格提到1420万 | 
| [34:11] | and I’m going to whisper in Charlie’s ear | 我还要在Charlie耳边说 | 
| [34:13] | what a fine young associate he’s got in you. | 他有你这么个好的年轻律师 | 
| [34:15] | And Charlie respects my opinion. You know why? | Charlie尊重我的意见 你知道为什么吗? | 
| [34:18] | Not because we’re friends, | 不因为我们是朋友 | 
| [34:19] | but because I’m Denny Crane. | 只因为我是Denny Crane | 
| [34:24] | You knew that, didn’t you? | 你知道的 | 
| [34:26] | Denny Crane? | 对吧? | 
| [34:29] | Good-looking kid. | 帅小伙 | 
| [34:31] | I’ll bet later tonight you’ll be on some barroom stool | 我打赌今晚你会坐在某间酒吧的凳子上 | 
| [34:35] | trying to finesse your way into some legal secretary’s panties. | 努力钻进某个法律秘书的裙底 | 
| [34:39] | You wanna get there faster, son? | 你想快点成功吗 孩子? | 
| [34:41] | Tell her earlier you held court with Denny Crane. | 告诉她你在跟Denny | 
| [34:46] | Denny Crane. | Crane打官司 | 
| [34:51] | He’s a whack job. | 他是个疯子 | 
| [34:52] | – He’s eccentric. – Eccentric? | – 他是挺古怪 – 古怪? | 
| [34:54] | He’s asking me to plead Jewish. | 他让我用犹太人来辩护 | 
| [34:55] | – You hired him. – Why didn’t you stop me? | – 是你要雇他的 – 你干嘛不阻止我? | 
| [34:57] | – You went running off before I even¡ª – You need to argue this motion. | 你就那么去了 我还没来得及… 这场辩护得由你来 | 
| [35:00] | Alan, I promise you, once he stands up in court¡ª | Alan 我向你保证 一旦他站上法庭 | 
| [35:05] | What? Once he stands up in court what? | 怎样? 一旦他站上法庭怎样? | 
| [35:07] | – He’s Denny Crane. – Oh, my God. | – 他就是Denny Crane – 哦 老天 | 
| [35:09] | No, really. | 不 是真的 | 
| [35:12] | He’s Denny Crane. | 他是Denny Crane | 
| [35:19] | What do you mean, you’ll do the arguing? | 辩护由你来做 什么意思? | 
| [35:22] | Since I know the case best, I thought¡ª | 因为我对这个案子最了解 我觉得… | 
| [35:23] | You hired Denny Crane. | 你雇了Denny Crane | 
| [35:25] | I did, and I want to reserve your thunder for later. | 是的 我打算先不让你出马 | 
| [35:30] | For now, I want you to sit there as the big cannon. | 现在我想让你坐在那儿 像个气势十足的加农炮 | 
| [35:34] | I want your aura. | 我想让你带来那种氛围 | 
| [35:35] | I want you to exude | 想让你流露出一个受尊敬的 | 
| [35:38] | the power of esteemed, noble duck hunter. | 高贵猎鸭人的气质 | 
| [35:44] | You don’t want me to talk? | 你不想让我发言? | 
| [35:46] | Not this early in the case. | 现在还不到时候 | 
| [35:48] | It would be premature. | 现在还早 | 
| [35:49] | For today¡ª | 今天…你看 | 
| [35:51] | look, I’ve got my dark tie on. I’m ready. | 我把深色领带戴上了 我准备好了 | 
| [36:06] | I’m feeling nervous. | 我很紧张 | 
| [36:08] | – How much longer? – Soon. | 还要多久? 快了 | 
| [36:10] | I’m feeling nervous. | 我很紧张 | 
| [36:14] | Madam Foreperson. | 陪审团主席女士 | 
| [36:15] | The jury has reached a unanimous verdict? | 陪审团达成一致裁决了吗? | 
| [36:17] | We have, your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 | 
| [36:19] | Will the defendant please rise? | 被告 请起立 | 
| [36:23] | What say you? | 请说 | 
| [36:25] | Case number 75421, | 75421号案件 | 
| [36:27] | in the matter of the Commonwealth vs. Carrie Moses, | 州政府起诉Carrie Moses | 
| [36:31] | on the charge of aggravated assault against a police officer, | 罪名严重侵犯一位警察 | 
| [36:35] | we find the defendant, Carrie Moses, guilty. | 我们裁决被告Carrie Moses 罪名成立 | 
| [36:40] | Piss! | 该死! | 
| [36:42] | Miss Moses, you’ve been found guilty. | Moses小姐 | 
| [36:44] | Now on a matter of sentencing¡ª | 你被裁决罪名成立 现在定罪… | 
| [36:45] | Hold on. We’re doing sentencing now? | 等等 现在就定罪? | 
| [36:48] | Yes, we are, Miss Frutt. | 是的 Frutt小姐 | 
| [36:50] | The crime for which you have been convicted is very serious, | 你犯的罪是很严重的 | 
| [36:53] | and the court takes it seriously, | 法庭也要严肃对待 | 
| [36:55] | and accordingly, I sentence you to eight years to be served at Cedar Junction. | 我判你在Cedar Junction监狱服刑8年 | 
| [37:00] | Eight years, maximum security? | 8年 高度设防监狱? | 
| [37:02] | People need to know | 人们得知道他们不能 | 
| [37:03] | they just can’t go around openly criticizing our government, | 到处公开批评政府 | 
| [37:07] | eroding our national unity. | 破坏国家的团结统一 | 
| [37:09] | This is America, Miss Moses. | 这里是美国 Moses小姐 | 
| [37:11] | You dissent, you go to prison. | 你有异见就要坐牢 | 
| [37:14] | Eight years, Cedars. | 8年 | 
| [37:17] | Adjourned. | 休庭 | 
| [37:24] | Ellenor, I’ll lose my kids. | Ellenor 我会失去我的孩子 | 
| [37:26] | I mean, how could he do that? | 他怎么能这样? 我怎么能… | 
| [37:27] | – How can I¡ª – Take it easy, Carrie. | 别紧张 Carrie | 
| [37:29] | That ruling was tailor-made for a reversal. | 这个裁定简直就是为上诉准备的 | 
| [37:31] | It’s almost as if he wanted to¡ª | 就像是他想… | 
| [37:51] | The fact that Mr. Shore broke into our offices during the dark of night | Shore先生在深夜闯进我们的办公室 | 
| [37:55] | to illegally access our computer records, | 非法窃取了电脑里的资料 | 
| [37:57] | to steal and download financial information¡ª | 下载财务信息 | 
| [38:00] | this conduct is evidence of his moral turpitude, | 这正说明了他道德败坏 | 
| [38:02] | and accordingly¡ª | – 与此同时… | 
| [38:03] | Objection to the word,”turpitude.” | – 反对“败坏”一词 | 
| [38:05] | I don’t know what it means, and I especially don’t like “moral.” | 我不知道它是什么意思 | 
| [38:09] | It’s ambiguous. | 我还特别不喜欢“道德”这个词 很有歧义 | 
| [38:10] | Mr. Shore, you’ll get your turn. | Shore先生 有你说话的时候 | 
| [38:12] | He’s mocking these proceedings the same way he mocked our firm¡ª | 他嘲弄这些法律程序 正像他嘲弄我们律所 | 
| [38:16] | the way he mocks the law. | 正像他嘲弄法律 | 
| [38:17] | Objection to the term, “law-mocker.¡± | 反对“法律嘲弄者”一词 | 
| [38:19] | Mr. Shore, are you taking this seriously or not? | Shore先生 你有没有认真对待? | 
| [38:22] | Your Honor, the firm was dying. | 法官大人 那件律所在倒闭边缘 | 
| [38:23] | Its name partner, Bobby Donnell, walked out the door. | 它的冠名合伙人 Bobby Donnell 甩手走人了 | 
| [38:27] | They were hemorrhaging. | 他们那时内讧了 | 
| [38:28] | I saved their collective asses. | 我保住了他们的位置 | 
| [38:31] | That is categorically false. | 这完全不符合事实 | 
| [38:32] | I’ve seen the books, Eugene. You remember¡ªI stole them. | 我看过账本了 Eugene 你知道的…我偷走的 | 
| [38:36] | Our firm has always been financially viable. | 我们律所从未有过财政困难 | 
| [38:38] | Our financial health has now been jeopardized by byt him. | 我们的财务安全现在受到他的威胁 | 
| [38:41] | Your Honor, this man is a chest-thumper. Watch. | 法官大人 这人是个盲目鼓吹者 你看看 | 
| [38:44] | Yes, I chest-thump over ethics. Yes, I do. | 是的 我强调道德的重要性 是的 | 
| [38:47] | Hold on there, son. | 等等 | 
| [38:49] | Denny Crane. | 孩子 | 
| [38:50] | I’m not finished. | 我还没说完 | 
| [38:52] | Nine million dollars. | 900万 | 
| [38:56] | I beg your pardon. | 什么? | 
| [38:57] | Al | Al Shore’s billables exceeded $9 million¡ª | 
| [39:00] | that in a period of seven months¡ª | Shore在7个月内为律所 带来了超过900万的收益… | 
| [39:02] | beating all the other lawyers combined by about 6.5. | 超过其他所有律师650万的总和 | 
| [39:05] | After they accepted the money, | 在他们拿了那笔钱之后 | 
| [39:07] | after Al brought in clients amounting to 80% of the corporate business, | 在Al带来了80%的客户之后 | 
| [39:13] | they threw him out. | 他们把他扫地出门了 | 
| [39:14] | No profit participati, on just a check for $15,000. | 没有分红 | 
| [39:18] | It will be a testament to | 只有一张1万5的支票 | 
| [39:21] | Mr. Young’s power of persuasion if he can make that sound good. | 要让这个说得通 是对Young先生论证能力的考验 | 
| [39:25] | So I, like you, | 所以我 | 
| [39:29] | am looking forward to what he has to say. | 像你一样 | 
| [39:33] | Denny Crane. | 想听听他要说什么 | 
| [39:41] | It’s not that I didn’t appreciate your riveting performance, | 并不是我不欣赏你精彩的表演 | 
| [39:44] | but I’ve mainly retained you to sit at the table | 但我主要是让你 | 
| [39:48] | as honorary friend of judge. | 作为一个法官的好友坐在那里 | 
| [39:52] | Let me tell you something, tiger. | 我告诉你吧 虎子 | 
| [39:54] | Tiger? | 虎子? | 
| [39:55] | You want Denny Crane to talk. | 你最好让Denny Crane说话 | 
| [39:57] | When Denny Crane talks, E.F. Hutton listens. | Denny Crane说话 E.F.赫顿都要听 (E.F. Hutton:美国金融家) | 
| [40:00] | My presence alone¡ª | 只要我在场… | 
| [40:01] | my presence is so powerful, | 我在场就充满力量 | 
| [40:04] | I don’t even have to talk. | 我甚至不用开口说话 | 
| [40:05] | Sometimes I’m better when I don’t talk. | 有时候我不说话的时候更好 | 
| [40:08] | This was my thinking. | 我就是这么想的 | 
| [40:09] | I’m Denny Crane, damn it! | 我是Denny Crane 该死! | 
| [40:14] | The judge is back. | 法官回来了 | 
| [40:27] | Well, Mr. Shore, | Shore先生 | 
| [40:30] | your going into the files, changing the name on the door, | 你拿走资料 改变门上的名牌 | 
| [40:34] | futzing up the computers so they can’t access records¡ª | 破坏电脑系统 以至他们不能进入 | 
| [40:37] | that was real low, dirty, sneaky, sleazy thing to do. | 这真是低下 肮脏 卑鄙的行为 | 
| [40:43] | But… | 但是… | 
| [40:45] | But it begs the question: | 但要问这个问题: | 
| [40:49] | Whose firm is it really? | 这到底是谁的律所? | 
| [40:52] | A law firm isn’t just a name, it’s a business. | 律所不只是个名号 还是商业机构 | 
| [40:55] | Most of the business seems to be Alan Shore’s. | 大部分的生意好像都是Alan Shore的 | 
| [40:58] | Without a contract, we need to hear evidence. | 没有合同 我们就需要听证据 | 
| [41:02] | I haven’t got enough before me | 现在掌握的证据不足以让我看出 | 
| [41:04] | to find likelihood of success on the merits for either side, | 哪方会获胜 | 
| [41:07] | so no injunctive relief will be ordered today. | 所以今天我不会通过”禁令救济” | 
| [41:11] | I’m scheduling an evidentiary hearing for next week. | 我要安排一场下周的证据听证会 | 
| [41:15] | We’ll reconvene on Monday, ten o’clock. | 我们周一10点再开庭 | 
| [41:18] | We’ll take off our gloves and have at it. | 真刀真枪地对决 | 
| [41:21] | After that, | 在那之后 | 
| [41:23] | I suspect some of you will be in business, and others won’t. | 我猜你们有些人还能工作 有些人就不能了 | 
| [41:29] | Until then. | 直到那时 |