英文名称:The Reader
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:23] | You didn’t wake me. | 你没叫醒我 |
[01:26] | You were sleeping. | 你睡得很香 |
[01:28] | You can’t bear to have breakfast with me. | 你无法忍受和我共进早餐 |
[01:30] | I’ve boiled you an egg. See? I’d hardly have boiled you an egg | 我给你煮了个鸡蛋 瞧 我要是不想看见你 |
[01:34] | if I didn’t want to see you. Um, tea or coffee? | 怎么会给你煮鸡蛋? 要茶还是咖啡? |
[01:38] | Does any woman ever stay long enough | 有哪个女人和你在一起时间长到 |
[01:40] | to find out what the hell goes on in your head? | 能知道你脑子里在想什么? |
[01:44] | What are you doing tonight? | 你今晚有什么安排? |
[01:46] | I’m seeing my daughter. | 我要见我女儿 |
[01:48] | Your daughter? You’ve kept very quiet about her. | 你女儿? 你可没怎么提过她 |
[01:52] | Have I? | 是吗? |
[01:54] | Well, she’s been abroad for a year. | 哦 她这一年来都在国外 |
[01:59] | Did you say tea? | 你刚才是要茶吗? |
[02:01] | I’m going. | 我走了 |
[02:06] | Have fun with your daughter. | 祝你和女儿相处愉快 |
[02:39] | Tickets, please. | 请出示车票 |
[02:43] | Tickets. Excuse me. | 车票 对不起 |
[02:51] | Tickets. | 车票 |
[02:56] | Tickets, please. | 请出示车票 |
[03:56] | Oh! | 噢! |
[03:58] | Hey. Hey, you! | 嘿 叫你呢! |
[04:28] | Your feet. Your feet. | 你的脚 脚 |
[04:49] | Hey, kid. | 嘿 孩子 |
[04:53] | Up. | 站起来 |
[04:57] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[05:08] | There. Where do you live? | 乖 你住哪? |
[05:17] | It’s just up here. I’ll be fine now. Thank you. | 就在那边 我已经没事了 谢谢你 |
[05:22] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[05:33] | Look after yourself. | 好好照顾自己 |
[05:40] | I’m worried about him. He looks terrible. | 我很担心他 他脸色不好 |
[05:44] | The boy’s saying he doesn’t need a doctor. | 这孩子说他用不着看医生 |
[05:47] | He does. I don’t need a doctor. | 他得看 我用不着看医生 |
[05:49] | Good, then. Peter. | 那好吧 彼得 |
[05:51] | We’re not going to argue about this. | 我们不必为这事争吵 |
[05:56] | Remind me. How old are you, now? | 提醒我 你现在多大了? |
[05:59] | Michael’s 15. | 迈克15岁 |
[06:01] | It’s scarlet fever. | 是猩红热 |
[06:04] | He’ll be in bed for several months, at least. | 他至少需要卧床几个月 |
[06:07] | Complete isolation. | 完全隔离 |
[06:09] | Emily, keep away. He’s contagious. | 艾米丽 离远点 他会传染 |
[06:15] | Emily! | 艾米丽! |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1014个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:157个,六级词汇:78个,GRE词汇:75个,托福词汇:104个,考研词汇:169个,专四词汇:143个,专八词汇:19个, 所有生词标注共:272个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[06:33] | How are you feeling? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[06:36] | Better. | 好些了 |
[06:39] | I meant to tell you | 有件事想告诉你 |
[06:41] | the day I got ill, a woman helped me. | 我得病那天 有个女人帮了我 |
[06:43] | She helped you? | 她帮了你? |
[06:45] | Yes. She brought me home. | 是的 她带我回家 |
[06:49] | Do you have her address? | 你有她的地址吗? |
[07:26] | Hello? Yes? | 有人在吗? 我在 |
[07:55] | I brought you these flowers to say thank you. | 我带了这些花来感谢你 |
[07:58] | Put them over there in the sink. | 放到水池那边 |
[08:22] | I would have come earlier, I’ve been in bed three months. | 我本想早点来的 但我在床上躺了三个月 |
[08:25] | You are better now? Yes. Thank you. | 你好些了吗? 是的 谢谢你 |
[08:29] | Have you always been weak? Oh, no. I’ve never been sick before. | 你一直身体不好? 哦 不 我以前从没生过病 |
[08:35] | It’s incredibly boring. There’s nothing to do. | 太无聊了 什么也不能做 |
[08:39] | I couldn’t even be bothered to read. | 我连书都懒得读 |
[08:46] | Well, thank you again. | 那么再次谢谢你 |
[08:50] | Wait. | 等等 |
[08:52] | I’ll walk with you. I have to go to work. | 我和你一起走 我要去上班 |
[08:58] | Wait in the hall while I change. | 我换件衣服 你在走廊等着 |
[11:49] | There are two more buckets downstairs. | 楼下还有两个桶 |
[11:52] | You can fill them and bring them up. | 把它们装满提上来 |
[12:21] | You look ridiculous. Look at you, kid. | 你看起来很可笑 看看你自己 孩子 |
[12:28] | You can’t go home like that. | 你不能这个样子回家 |
[12:34] | Take off your clothes. I’ll run you a bath. | 把衣服脱了 我给你放水洗澡 |
[12:58] | Do you always take a bath in your trousers? | 你总是穿着裤子洗澡吗? |
[13:14] | It’s all right. I won’t look. | 放心 我不会偷看的 |
[14:24] | I’ll get you a towel. | 我给你拿条毛巾 |
[15:26] | So that’s why you came back. | 你回来找我就是因为这个吧 |
[15:47] | You’re so beautiful. | 你好美 |
[15:50] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊? |
[16:02] | Look at me, kid. | 看着我 孩子 |
[16:08] | Slowly. | 慢点 |
[16:10] | Slowly | 慢一点 |
[16:13] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[16:50] | You’ve inconvenienced your mother. | 你给你母亲造成了不便 |
[16:52] | How many more times? I’ve said I’m sorry. | 还要说几次?我已经道过歉了 |
[16:56] | You scared her. I got lost, that’s all. | 你吓着她了 我迷路了 就这样 |
[16:58] | That’s why I was late. Can I have some more? | 所以我才回来晚了 能再给我来点吗? |
[17:00] | How can anyone get lost in their own hometown? | 谁会在自己的家乡迷路? |
[17:03] | I meant to head for the castle, I ended up at the field. | 我本想去城堡那边 结果走到了田野里 |
[17:06] | Opposite directions. None of your business. | 方向完全相反 不关你的事 |
[17:08] | He’s lying. He’s not lying. | 他在撒谎 他没撒谎 |
[17:12] | Michael never lies. | 迈克从不撒谎 |
[17:17] | I’ve decided I want to go back to school tomorrow. | 我已经决定明天返校了 |
[17:20] | The doctor says you need three weeks. Well, I’m going. | 医生说你还要休息三周 我已经决定了 |
[17:23] | Peter? | 彼得? |
[17:38] | Hey! Ooh! | 嘿! 呜! |
[18:07] | Like this? | 像这样? |
[18:11] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[18:17] | No, not so fast. | 不对 别这么快 |
[18:30] | Ah! | 啊! |
[18:35] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[18:37] | Do it again. | 再来一次 |
[19:02] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字? |
[19:05] | What? Your name. | 什么? 你的名字 |
[19:08] | Why do you want to know? I’ve been here three times. | 问这个干什么? 我已经来这儿三次了 |
[19:13] | I want to know your name. What’s wrong with that? | 我想知道你叫什么 这有什么不对? |
[19:18] | Nothing, kid. | 没有 孩子 |
[19:20] | There’s nothing wrong with that. | 没什么不对 |
[19:23] | It’s Hanna. You look so suspicious. | 我叫汉娜 你一脸怀疑的表情 |
[19:29] | What’s yours, kid? Michael. | 你叫什么 孩子? 迈克 |
[19:33] | Michael. Hmm. | 迈克 嗯 |
[19:36] | So I’m with a Michael. | 那么和我在一起的人叫迈克 |
[19:40] | Hanna. | 汉娜 |
[19:42] | The notion of secrecy is central to Western literature. | 西方文学的核心在于保密的观念 |
[19:48] | You may say the whole idea of character | 可以说人物性格整个建立在 |
[19:54] | holding specific information, | 人们之间未能公开的某些信息之上 |
[19:58] | which, for various reasons, | 其原因可能是多样的 |
[20:01] | sometimes perverse, sometimes noble, | 或卑劣 或高尚 |
[20:05] | they are determined not to disclose. | 以致人们决心守口如瓶 |
[20:21] | You never tell me what you’ve been studying. | 你从没告诉过我你在学什么 |
[20:24] | Studying? | 学? |
[20:28] | At school. | 在学校里 |
[20:33] | Do you learn languages? Yes. | 你们学语言吗? 嗯 |
[20:38] | What languages? Latin. | 哪些语言? 拉丁语 |
[20:46] | Say something in Latin. | 用拉丁语说点什么 |
[20:56] | It’s Horace. | 这是贺拉斯写的 |
[20:58] | It’s wonderful. | 很好听 |
[21:02] | Do you want some Greek? | 想听希腊语吗? |
[21:23] | It’s beautiful. | 真美 |
[21:25] | How can you tell? | 你怎么听出来的? |
[21:28] | How do you know, when you’ve no idea what it means? | 你听不懂意思 怎么知道好听? |
[21:34] | What are you studying in German? | 你用德语学些什么 |
[21:36] | I’m studying a play. | 我在学一个剧本 |
[21:40] | By a writer called Gotthold Ephraim Lessing. You heard of him? | 叫戈特霍尔德·埃夫莱姆·莱辛的作家写的 你听说过他吗? |
[21:44] | The play’s called Emilia Galotti. You can read it. | 这个剧本叫《爱米丽雅·迦洛蒂》 借给你看 |
[21:48] | I’d rather listen to you. | 还是听你念吧 |
[21:51] | All right. | 好吧 |
[22:03] | “Act One. Scene One. | 第一幕 第一场 |
[22:05] | The setting: One of the prince’s chambers. | 场景:王子的其中一个房间 |
[22:08] | The Prince” | 王子 |
[22:11] | I’m not very good. | 我念得不好 |
[22:14] | Go on. | 继续 |
[22:17] | “Complaints, nothing but complaints. | 牢骚 净是些牢骚 |
[22:21] | For goodness sake, is there anything left but work? | 看在上帝份上 除了工作就什么也不剩吗? |
[22:26] | Just imagine that people actually envy us.” | 别人竟然还嫉妒我们 |
[22:31] | You’re good at it, aren’t you? | 你很在行 不是吗? |
[22:36] | Good at what? | 在行什么? |
[22:41] | Reading. | 朗读 |
[22:47] | What’s funny? | 你笑什么? |
[22:51] | I didn’t think I was good at anything. | 我以为我干什么都不在行 |
[24:21] | What are you doing? What is this? | 你在干什么?这是什么意思? |
[24:24] | Why did you behave as if you didn’t know me? | 为什么你装作不认识我? |
[24:27] | You didn’t want to know me! You could see I was in the first carriage! | 是你装不认识我吧! 明明看到我在第一节车厢里 |
[24:31] | So why did you sit in the second? What did you think I was doing? | 为什么你坐在第二节里? 你以为我想干嘛? |
[24:34] | Why did you think I was there? How should I know? | 你以为我干嘛去了? 我怎么知道? |
[24:37] | Now, I’ve been working. I need a bath. | 我工作很累了 想洗个澡 |
[24:41] | And I’d like to be by myself. | 而且不想被人打扰 |
[24:43] | Would you please leave?! | 能请你离开吗? |
[24:49] | I I didn’t mean to upset you. | 我 我没想惹你不开心 |
[24:55] | You don’t have the power to upset me. | 让我不开心你还不够格 |
[24:58] | You don’t matter enough to upset me. | 你对我还没重要到那个程度 |
[26:18] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[26:22] | I’ve never been with a woman before. | 我以前从没和女人交往过 |
[26:28] | We’ve been together four weeks, | 我们在一起四周了 |
[26:31] | and I can’t live without you. | 没有你我已经活不下去了 |
[26:34] | I can’t. | 我不能没有你 |
[26:36] | Even the thought of it kills me. | 只是想一想都会要了我的命 |
[26:45] | I sat in the second carriage because I thought you might kiss me. | 我坐在第二节车厢里 因为我想你可能会吻我 |
[26:50] | Kid, you thought we could make love in a tram? | 孩子 你以为我们能在电车里做爱? |
[26:58] | Is it true what you said? | 你说的是真的吗? |
[27:01] | That I don’t matter to you? | 我对你不重要? |
[27:16] | Do you forgive me? | 你原谅我吗? |
[27:24] | Do you love me? | 你爱我吗? |
[27:43] | Do you have a book? Yes, I have. | 你有书吗? 是的 我有 |
[27:48] | I took one with me this morning. | 今天早上我带了一本 |
[27:51] | What is it? The Odyssey, by Homer. | 是什么书? 《奥德赛》 荷马写的 |
[27:54] | It’s my homework. | 我的家庭作业 |
[27:59] | We’re changing the order we do things. | 我们把顺序改改吧 |
[28:02] | Read to me first, kid. Then we make love. | 先给我念书 孩子 然后我们做爱 |
[28:11] | The Odyssey, by Homer. What’s an odyssey? | 《奥德赛》 荷马著 什么是奥德赛? |
[28:15] | A journey. He sets out on a journey. | 就是旅程 他踏上了一次旅程 |
[28:18] | Good. | 不错 |
[28:23] | “Sing to me of the man, Muse The man of twists and turns | 告诉我 缪斯 那位聪颖敏睿的凡人的经历 |
[28:27] | Driven time and again off course Once he had plundered | 在攻破神圣的特洛伊城堡后 |
[28:30] | The hallowed heights of Troy” | 浪迹四方 |
[28:32] | Come here. | 过来 |
[28:41] | “He pressed her hand to his lips. | 他把她的手放在自己唇上 |
[28:45] | She was dead. | 她死了 |
[28:47] | Past all help, or need of it.” | 任何人都已无力回天 |
[28:58] | “I poked into the place a ways, encountered a little open patch | 我摸索着往里走 到了一小块开阔地段 |
[29:02] | as big as a bedroom, all hung around with vines, | 才一间卧室那么大 四周满是青藤 |
[29:06] | and found a man lying there asleep. | 有一个人正在那里睡着了 |
[29:07] | And, by jings, it was my old Jim. | 天啊 这正是我那老吉姆啊! |
[29:12] | ‘When you landed, I reckoned I could catch up with you | 你上岸的时候 我原想能赶上你 |
[29:15] | on the land without having to shout at you. But when I see that house, | 正想朝你大喊 这时我看到了那座大屋子 |
[29:19] | I begin to go slow.”‘ | 我便放慢了 |
[29:21] | “Lady Chatterley felt his naked flesh against her | 当他进入时 |
[29:24] | as he came into her. | 查太莱夫人感觉到 他赤裸的皮肉紧贴着她 |
[29:29] | For a moment, he was still inside her” | 他在她里面静止了一会 |
[29:32] | This is disgusting. | 这真恶心 |
[29:35] | Where did you get this? | 你从哪弄来的这本书? |
[29:37] | I borrowed it from someone at school. Oh | 我从同学那借的 哦 |
[29:40] | You should be ashamed. | 你应该觉得羞耻 |
[29:46] | Go on. | 继续 |
[29:49] | “‘Billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles in a thundering typhoon! | 雷鸣般的台风里那成千上万 蓝色泡状的臭贝壳啊!这是水! |
[29:53] | It is water! ‘ ‘But what on earth did you expect it to be?”‘ | 那你以为是什么? |
[29:56] | Whiskey. “‘Whiskey, by thunder, whiskey! ‘ | 威士忌 威士忌 看在雷鸣的份上 威士忌! |
[30:01] | ‘Whiskey? Come now, captain, you can’t be serious.”‘ | 威士忌?船长 您该不会是认真的吧 |
[30:04] | That’s enough for today, kid. | 今天就到这儿吧 孩子 |
[30:07] | I was wondering, do you think you could get some time off? | 我在想 你能请个假吗? |
[30:11] | Maybe we could go on a trip. | 我们可以去旅行 |
[30:14] | What sort of trip? A cycling holiday. | 什么样的旅行? 骑单车度假 |
[30:17] | Just two days. | 就两天 |
[30:23] | I’ve got a guide book. I’ve worked out the route. | 我这有本旅行指南 连路线我都盘算好了 |
[30:26] | Look. What do you think? | 瞧 你觉得怎么样? |
[30:33] | I think you like planning, don’t you? | 你很喜欢计划 对不对? |
[30:52] | “I’m not frightened. | 我不畏惧 |
[30:55] | I’m not frightened of anything. | 我无所畏惧 |
[30:59] | The more I suffer, the more I love. | 受伤越深 我的爱也越炽热 |
[31:04] | Danger will only increase my love. | 危险只会增添这份爱 |
[31:06] | It will sharpen it. It will give it spice. | 让它更清晰 更丰富 |
[31:12] | I’ll be the only angel you need. | 我会是你唯一的天使 |
[31:14] | You will leave life even more beautiful than you entered it. | 你生命的结局会比开端更加美丽 |
[31:18] | Heaven will take you back and look at you and say, | 连对你敞开怀抱的天堂也会说 |
[31:22] | ‘Only one thing can make a soul complete, | 只有一样东西 能让一个灵魂如此完整 |
[31:26] | and that thing is love.”‘ | 那就是爱情 |
[31:54] | Hello. Hello. | 你好 你好 |
[32:03] | Excuse me. Hello. | 对不起 你好 |
[32:06] | Do you know what you’d like? | 你想吃点什么? |
[32:11] | Um What are you having? | 嗯 你要点什么? |
[32:14] | You order. I’ll have what you have. OK. | 你来点 我要和你一样的 好 |
[32:18] | Um | 嗯 |
[32:20] | Two frankfurters, two potato salads and two beers, please. | 请来两份法兰克福香肠 两个土豆沙拉 还有两杯啤酒 |
[32:34] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[32:36] | I hope your mother was happy. Thank you. | 我希望你母亲吃得开心 谢谢 |
[32:39] | She enjoyed her meal very much. | 她非常喜欢这里的饭菜 |
[32:57] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[33:15] | Here, let me show you where we’re going. | 来 我给你看看我们的目的地 |
[33:19] | It’s OK, kid. | 不用了 孩子 |
[33:21] | I don’t want to know. | 我不想知道 |
[35:14] | What are you doing? I’m writing a poem. About you. | 你在干什么? 我在写一首诗 关于你的 |
[35:21] | Can I hear it? It’s not ready. | 我能听听吗? 还不到时候 |
[35:25] | I’ll read it to you one day. | 以后我会念给你听的 |
[36:43] | Morning, Hendrick. Good morning, Mr. Berg. | 早上好 亨德里克 早上好 伯格先生 |
[36:46] | You’re in court 306. Thank you. | 您是在306号法庭 谢谢你 |
[36:48] | You all right, Michael? I’m fine. | 你还好吧 迈克? 我没事 |
[36:50] | Hurry. You know what she’s like. See you later! | 快点 您知道她的脾气 待会儿见! |
[36:53] | Good luck. | 祝您好运 |
[36:56] | Please stand. | 请起立 |
[37:03] | Please sit down. | 请坐 |
[37:09] | The defendant, please. | 辩方请陈词 |
[37:22] | They’re coming. | 她们来了 |
[37:29] | Hello. Hello. | 你好 你好 |
[37:32] | What did she say? Good morning, ladies. | 她说什么? 早上好 女士们 |
[37:35] | Welcome your new fellow-students. Treat them with courtesy. | 欢迎你们的新同学 对她们要谦恭有礼 |
[37:40] | Sit down. Hello. | 请坐 你好 |
[37:44] | My name’s Sophie. I’m Michael. | 我叫苏菲 我是迈克 |
[37:47] | The Odyssey. | 《奥德赛》 |
[37:49] | Take our your books. | 把书拿出来 |
[37:54] | Everyone believes Homer’s subject is homecoming. | 每个人都认为荷马的主题是回家 |
[37:57] | In fact, The Odyssey is a book about a journey. | 实际上 《奥德赛》是一本关于旅程的书 |
[38:00] | Home is a place you dream of. | 家只是你的梦中之地 |
[38:03] | Berg, I don’t mean to distract you, but we’re meant to study Homer, not Sophie. | 伯格 我不想打断你 但我们要学习的是荷马 不是苏菲 |
[38:16] | It’s wonderful, isn’t it? Wonderful. | 这太棒了 不是吗? 很棒 |
[38:19] | It’s gonna be a great summer. | 这一定会是个美好的夏天 |
[38:34] | Why do you leave early? He always leaves early. | 你为什么要先走? 他总是先走 |
[38:37] | Do you have somewhere to go? See you tomorrow. | 你是不是要去什么地方? 明天见 |
[38:49] | Sorry I’m late. | 对不起我来晚了 |
[38:53] | I got held up at school. | 学校有点事 |
[38:57] | I have a new book. | 我带了本新书 |
[38:59] | The Lady with a Little Dog. | 《带小狗的女人》 |
[39:05] | By Anton Chekhov. | 作者安东·契诃夫 |
[39:06] | “The talk was that a new face had appeared on the promenade, | 据说在堤岸上出现了一个新面孔 |
[39:09] | a lady with a little dog.” | 一个带小狗的女人 |
[39:24] | Schmitz, one moment, please. | 施密茨 请等一下 |
[39:28] | I read the reports on you. Every single one. Excellent work. | 我读了关于你的每一份报告 你的工作无可挑剔 |
[39:32] | You’ll be working in the office. | 你以后会在办公室工作 |
[39:35] | You got promoted. Congratulations. | 你升职了 恭喜 |
[39:50] | Let’s get out of here! | 我们走吧! |
[39:52] | Come on! Michael, we’re leaving. Let’s go! | 快点!迈克 我们要走了 快走 |
[39:55] | Come on, Michael! | 快来 迈克! |
[39:56] | It’s meant to be a surprise for your birthday. | 他们打算给你个生日惊喜 |
[40:03] | Come on! What’s the matter? | 来啊! 你干嘛呢? |
[40:05] | I’m sorry. Really. We thought you’d like it. | 真对不起 我们以为你会喜欢的 |
[40:08] | We’ve got beer! We’re gonna dance! | 我们有啤酒!还要跳舞! |
[40:12] | I promised someone. | 我答应了别人 |
[40:14] | Michael, please! | 迈克 求你了! |
[40:21] | “Here and there the reflection of the stars and the lights, | 到处是星星和灯火的反光 |
[40:25] | on the bank quivered and trembled.” | 在岸边闪烁着 颤动着 |
[40:27] | Oh, kid, kid. What? | 哦 孩子 孩子 什么? |
[40:30] | Stop. What’s wrong now? | 别念了 又怎么了? |
[40:33] | Nothing’s wrong. | 没怎么 |
[40:38] | It’s nothing. | 没事 |
[40:42] | You know, you never ask. | 你知道吗 你从来都不问我 |
[40:46] | You never bother to ask how I am! | 你从来不屑问我开不开心! |
[40:49] | You never say. | 你也从来不提 |
[40:52] | It just happens to be my birthday. | 今天碰巧是我的生日 |
[40:56] | It’s my birthday, that’s all! | 我今天过生日! |
[40:59] | You’ve never even asked when it is. | 你甚至都没问过我什么时候生日 |
[41:00] | If you want a fight, kid I don’t want a fight! | 如果你想吵架的话 孩子 我不想吵架! |
[41:03] | What’s wrong with you?! What business is it of yours?! | 你怎么了? 关你什么事? |
[41:07] | It’s always on your terms. Everything. | 总是由着你的性子来 每一件事 |
[41:10] | We do what you want. It’s always what you want. | 我们总是做你想做的事 全是按你的意思 |
[41:13] | My friends were giving me a party. Why are you here? | 我的朋友要给我开派对 那你为什么要来? |
[41:16] | Go back to your party. Is that what you want? | 回去开你的派对啊 你不就想这样吗? |
[41:45] | It’s always me that has to apologize. | 道歉的人总是我 |
[41:47] | You don’t have to apologize. No one has to apologize. | 你不需要道歉 没人需要道歉 |
[42:00] | War and Peace, kid. | 《战争与和平》 孩子 |
[43:48] | Now, you must go back to your friends. | 现在 回你的朋友们那儿去 |
[44:06] | Are you all right? | 你还好吧? |
[45:38] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[45:43] | Good. | 很好 |
[45:46] | Get the boy something to eat. | 给这小子拿点吃的 |
[45:57] | I think we all knew you’d come back to us eventually. | 我们都知道你总有一天会回来的 |
[47:10] | Mr. Berg? It is 8:00. | 伯格先生?已经八点了 |
[47:13] | Your daughter. | 您女儿 |
[47:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[47:22] | Julia. | 朱莉娅 |
[47:26] | I’ve not kept you waiting? I was early. | 我没让你久等吧? 是我早到了 |
[47:29] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[47:34] | So how will you decide? | 那么你会如何决定? |
[47:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[47:40] | I’m happy back in Berlin, I suppose. | 我觉得在柏林的时候很快乐 |
[47:42] | You’ve seen your mother? Mm-hmm. | 见到你妈妈了? 嗯 |
[47:44] | I wanted to get away. That’s all. | 我只是想一个人呆一阵 |
[47:47] | It was Paris, but it could have been anywhere. | 我去了巴黎 但去哪都一样 |
[47:50] | Away from your parents? | 就是不想和父母在一起? |
[47:54] | I’m aware I was difficult. | 我知道自己很难相处 |
[47:58] | I wasn’t always open with you. | 我很多时候对你不够坦率 |
[48:04] | I’m not open with anyone. | 我对任何人都不坦率 |
[48:12] | I knew you were distant. | 我总觉得你很遥远 |
[48:16] | You know I always assumed it was my fault. | 你知道吗 我一直以为是我的错 |
[48:22] | Julia. | 朱莉娅 |
[48:25] | How wrong can you be? | 你能错到哪去? |
[48:38] | I’ll see you very soon. See you soon. | 过几天见 再见 |
[48:44] | Good night, Dad. Good night. | 晚安 爸爸 晚安 朱莉娅 |
[48:54] | Those of you for the special seminar group, | 参加特别研讨班的同学们 |
[48:57] | please stay on in this room. | 请留在这间教室 |
[48:59] | Professor Rohl will be here in a moment. | 罗尔教授马上就来 |
[49:32] | Well, we seem to be quite a small group. | 看样子我们这个班很小 |
[49:37] | A small group and a select one. | 虽然小 也是精挑细选的 |
[49:41] | Clearly, this is going to be a unique seminar. | 显然 这是个独特的研讨班 |
[49:45] | We are going to start with a reading list, gentlemen. | 我们先从阅读书目开始 先生们 |
[49:49] | Karl Jaspers | 卡尔·雅斯贝尔斯 |
[49:52] | And ladies. The Question of German Guilt. | 还有女士们 的《德国罪过问题》 |
[50:13] | So this is where you are. | 这就是你住的地方啊 |
[50:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[50:19] | Come in. | 请进 |
[50:23] | You take work seriously. I don’t know. | 你学习很认真嘛 是吗 |
[50:26] | You’re rather a serious boy. | 你可真是个认真的男生 |
[50:29] | It’s how I was brought up. | 我从小就这样 |
[50:33] | What about you? Are you serious? | 你呢?你认真吗? |
[50:39] | You’re sure you want to work tonight? | 你确定今晚要学习吗? |
[50:43] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[50:45] | But I won’t work every night. | 但我并不是每晚都学习 |
[50:48] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[50:56] | Yes. Exactly That’s right. | 是的 一点不错 没错 |
[51:04] | You need a hand. | 要帮忙吗 |
[51:30] | Why all the police? They’re worried about demonstrators. | 为啥这么多警察? 他们担心这些示威者 |
[51:35] | For or against? Both. | 拥护者还是反对者? 都有 |
[51:43] | Wow. It’s a circus. | 哇 有好戏看了 |
[51:48] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[51:52] | All photographers are now asked to leave. | 所有摄影人员请离开 |
[51:56] | This court is now in session. Please sit down. | 本法庭现在开庭 请坐 |
[52:02] | First thing I’m going to do is hear motions | 首先我要听取 |
[52:05] | from each of the defendants’ lawyers. | 每个辨方律师的诉讼请求 |
[52:07] | They’re arguing that there’s no reason to keep the defendants in jail | 在本庭宣判之前 |
[52:11] | until the outcome of the forthcoming trial. | 他们反对将被告收监 |
[52:14] | I’ll take these cases one by one. Want a pen? | 我将一一审理这几个案件 要笔吗? |
[52:17] | I got a pen. Hanna Schmitz. | 我有笔 汉娜·施密茨 |
[52:22] | Your name is Hanna Schmitz? Yes. | 你叫汉娜·施密茨 是吗? 是的 |
[52:25] | Can you speak louder please? | 能请你大点声吗? |
[52:28] | My name is Hanna Schmitz. Thank you. | 我叫汉娜·施密茨 谢谢 |
[52:31] | You were born on October 21 st, 1922? Yes. | 你生于1922年10月21号 对吗? 对 |
[52:37] | At Hermannstadt. | 生于赫尔曼施塔特 |
[52:39] | And you’re now 43 years old? Yes. | 你现在43岁? 是的 |
[52:43] | You joined the SS in 1943? Yes. | 你于1943年加入了党卫军? 是的 |
[52:48] | What was your reason for joining? | 你加入的原因是什么? |
[52:53] | You were working at the Siemens factory at the time? | 你当时在西门子工厂工作? |
[52:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[52:57] | You’d recently been offered a promotion. | 那时你刚被升职 |
[53:00] | Why did you prefer to join the SS? | 为什么还要加入党卫军? |
[53:02] | Objection. I’ll re-phrase my question. | 反对 那我换个问法 |
[53:05] | I’m trying to ascertain | 我只是想确认 |
[53:08] | if she joined the SS freely, hmm? | 她加入党卫军 |
[53:11] | Of her own free will. | 是否出于自愿 |
[53:14] | I heard there were jobs. Go on. | 我听说那儿有工作 继续 |
[53:17] | I was working at Siemens | 我在西门子工作时 |
[53:20] | when I heard the SS was recruiting. | 听说党卫军在招聘 |
[53:24] | Did you know the kind of work you’d be expected to do? | 你知不知道你要做的是什么工作? |
[53:28] | They were looking for guards. | 他们在找看守 |
[53:31] | I applied for a job. You worked first at Auschwitz? | 我申请了这个职位 你最初在奥斯威辛工作? |
[53:36] | Yes. Until 1944. | 是的 直到1944年 |
[53:39] | Then you were moved to a smaller camp near Krakow? | 然后你被调到克拉科夫附近 一个较小的集中营? |
[53:44] | Yes. Are you OK? | 是的 你还好吧? |
[53:45] | You helped move prisoners I’m fine. | 你在1944年冬季参与了 嗯 我没事 |
[53:48] | west in the winter of 1944 in the so-called death marches? | 向西运送囚犯的所谓 死亡之旅 ? |
[54:13] | So, what did you think? I don’t know. | 那么 你觉得如何? 我不知道 |
[54:18] | It wasn’t quite what I was expecting. | 和我想象中不太一样 |
[54:20] | Wasn’t it? In what way? What were you expecting? | 是吗?怎么个不一样? 你想象中是什么样的? |
[54:24] | I thought it was exciting. | 我觉得它很激动人心 |
[54:27] | Exciting? Why? | 激动人心?为什么? |
[54:29] | Why did you think it was exciting? | 你为什么认为它激动人心? |
[54:32] | Because it’s justice. | 因为它是正义的 |
[55:03] | Societies think they operate by something called morality, | 社会以为自己是靠道德维系的 |
[55:08] | but they don’t. | 其实不对 |
[55:10] | They operate by something called law. | 维系社会的是法律 |
[55:14] | You’re not guilty of anything merely by working at Auschwitz. | 仅仅是在奥斯威辛工作不会被判有罪 |
[55:20] | Eight thousand people worked at Auschwitz. | 在奥斯威辛工作过的有八千人 |
[55:23] | Precisely 19 have been convicted, and only six for murder. | 其中19个人被判有罪 而谋杀罪名成立的只有六人 |
[55:29] | To prove murder, you have to prove intent. | 为了证实谋杀 必须先核实意图 |
[55:34] | That’s the law. | 这就是法律 |
[55:36] | The question is never was it wrong, | 问题从来不是对与错 |
[55:40] | but was it legal. | 而在于是否合法 |
[55:43] | And not by our laws, no. | 而且所依据的并非我们的法律 |
[55:47] | By the laws at the time. But isn’t that | 而是事发当时的法律 但这是不是有点 |
[55:52] | What? narrow? | 什么? 狭窄? |
[55:54] | Oh, yes. The law is narrow. | 哦 是的 法律就是狭窄的 |
[55:59] | On the other hand, | 另一方面来讲 |
[56:01] | I suspect people who kill other people | 我怀疑那些杀人者 |
[56:05] | tend to be aware that it’s wrong. | 自己也清楚这是错的 |
[56:10] | Miss Schmitz, you’re familiar with this book? | 施密茨小姐 你熟悉这本书吗? |
[56:10] | Miss Schmitz, you’re familiar with this book? | 施密茨小姐 你熟悉这本书吗? |
[56:16] | Yes. Parts of it | 是的 这本书的一部分 |
[56:18] | have already been read out in court. | 已经在法庭上宣读过了 |
[56:21] | It’s by a survivor, | 作者是一位幸存者 |
[56:24] | a prisoner who survived. | 一位幸免于难的囚犯 |
[56:26] | Ilana Mather. | 伊拉娜·玛瑟 |
[56:28] | She was in the camp when she was a child, wasn’t she? | 她小时候在集中营呆过 不是吗? |
[56:31] | She was with her mother. Yes. | 她跟他母亲在一起对吗? 是的 |
[56:34] | In the book, she describes a selection process. | 她在书里描述了一种挑选过程 |
[56:38] | At the end of the month’s labor, every month, | 每个月的劳动结束时 |
[56:41] | sixty inmates were selected. | 六十个犯人被挑选出来 |
[56:44] | Picked out to be sent from the satellite camp back to Auschwitz. | 从周边的小集中营送返奥斯威辛 |
[56:48] | That’s right, isn’t it? | 这没错吧? |
[56:51] | Yes, that’s right. | 对 没错 |
[56:54] | And, so far, each of your fellow defendants | 到现在为止 其他几位被告 |
[56:57] | has specifically denied being part of that process. | 都否认自己曾参与这一过程 |
[57:00] | Now, I’m going to ask you. | 现在 我要问你 |
[57:04] | Were you part of it? | 你有没有参与? |
[57:08] | Yes. | 有 |
[57:13] | So you helped make the selection? | 那么你? |
[57:16] | Yes. You admit that? | 是的 你承认这一点? |
[57:25] | Then tell me, | 那么告诉我 |
[57:28] | how did that selection happen? | 具体是怎么挑选的? |
[57:30] | There were six guards, | 一共六个看守 |
[57:33] | so we decided we’d choose ten people each. | 我们决定每人挑十个 |
[57:39] | That’s how we did it every month. | 每个月我们都是这么干的 |
[57:42] | We’d all choose ten. | 每人选十个 |
[57:44] | Your fellow defendants took part in the process? | 你是说其他被告也参与了挑选? |
[57:47] | We all did. | 我们都参与了 |
[57:50] | Even though they’ve denied it? | 即使她们全都否认? |
[57:53] | Saying “we,” “we all” is easier than saying “I,” “I alone,” | 说 我们 所有人 比说 我 我自己 要容易得多 |
[57:57] | isn’t it, Miss Schmitz? | 不是吗 施密茨小姐? |
[58:00] | Did you not realize | 你是否明白 |
[58:03] | that you were sending these women to their deaths? | 你要把这些妇女送向死亡? |
[58:06] | But they were new arrivals, new women were arriving all the time. | 但是有新人来 总有新的妇女被送来 |
[58:10] | So the old ones had to make room for the new ones. | 那么 原来的人就要为新来的腾出地方 |
[58:16] | I’m not sure you understand We couldn’t keep everyone. | 你似乎没弄明白 我们不能把所有人都留下 |
[58:19] | There wasn’t room. No. | 没那么多地方 不 |
[58:22] | But what I’m saying | 我的意思是 |
[58:25] | Let me rephrase. | 我换个问法吧 |
[58:28] | To make room, you were picking women out and saying, | 为了腾地方 你们把妇女们挑选出来 然后说 |
[58:31] | “You, you and you have to be sent back to be killed.” | 你 你 还有你要被送回去杀掉 |
[58:35] | Well, what would you have done? | 那换了你怎么做? |
[58:48] | Should I never have signed up at Siemens? | 我当初就不该进西门子是吗? |
[59:03] | Ms. Mather, they’re ready for you now. | 玛瑟太太 你可以进去了 |
[59:09] | Go, go. Go, go, go. | 去吧 去吧 |
[59:23] | Where’s Michael? I don’t know. | 迈克在哪? 不知道 |
[59:27] | In your book, you describe the process of selection. | 在你的书里 你描写了挑选的过程 |
[59:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[59:34] | You were made to work and then, when you were no longer any use to them, | 妇女们先是做苦工 然后当她们不再有价值 |
[59:38] | then they sent you back to Auschwitz to be killed. | 她们就被送回奥斯威辛杀掉 |
[59:41] | Are there people here who made that selection? | 今天在场的人中有当时参与挑选的吗? |
[59:44] | Yes. | 有 |
[59:46] | I need you to identify them. Can you please point them out? | 我需要你来辨认一下 能不能请你指出是哪些人? |
[1:00:04] | Her. | 她 |
[1:00:09] | And her. | 她 |
[1:00:13] | Her. | 她 |
[1:00:17] | And her. | 她 |
[1:00:21] | Her. | 她 |
[1:00:25] | And her. | 还有她 |
[1:00:28] | Thank you. Please continue. | 谢谢 请继续 |
[1:00:31] | Each of the guards would choose a certain number of women. | 每个看守会挑选一定数量的妇女 |
[1:00:35] | Hanna Schmitz chose differently. | 汉娜·施密茨的挑法和别人不同 |
[1:00:37] | In what way differently? | 哪里不同? |
[1:00:44] | She had favorites. | 她有自己的喜好 |
[1:00:48] | Girls, mostly young. | 专挑女孩子 大都很年轻 |
[1:00:50] | We all remarked on it. | 我们全在私下里议论 |
[1:00:53] | She gave them food and places to sleep. | 她给她们食物 还安排睡觉的地方 |
[1:00:56] | In the evening, she she asked them to join her. | 到了晚上 她 她把她们叫到身边 |
[1:01:01] | And we all thought | 我们都以为 |
[1:01:03] | Well, you can imagine what we thought. | 你能想到我们是怎么以为的 |
[1:01:06] | And then we found out she was making these women read aloud to her. | 后来我们发现她是让这些女孩读书给她听 |
[1:01:14] | They were reading to her. | 她们都为她朗读 |
[1:01:17] | At first, we thought this guard, this guard is | 一开始 我们觉得这位看守 |
[1:01:22] | more sensitive, she’s more human, she’s kinder. | 心思更细腻 更有人性 更善良 |
[1:01:28] | Often, she chose the weak, the sick. | 她还常挑那些体弱多病的 |
[1:01:33] | She picked them out. She seemed to be protecting them almost. | 看起来几乎是在保护她们 |
[1:01:36] | But then she dispatched them. | 可后来她送走了她们 |
[1:01:42] | Is that kinder? | 这算是更善良吗? |
[1:01:53] | I want to move on now to the march. | 下面我们进行到死亡之旅的话题 |
[1:01:56] | As I understand it, you and your daughter were marched for many months. | 依我的理解 你和你女儿走了好几个月 |
[1:02:00] | In the winter of 1944, our camp was closed down. | 1944年冬天 我们所在的集中营关闭了 |
[1:02:04] | We were told we had to move on. But the plan kept changing every day. | 我们被告知要搬走 但是具体安排每天都在变化 |
[1:02:09] | Women were dying all around us in the snow. | 我们周围的妇女不断死在雪地里 |
[1:02:13] | Half of us died on the march. My daughter says in the book, | 有一半人死在途中 我女儿在书里说 |
[1:02:18] | “Less a death march, more a death gallop.” | 与其说死亡之旅 不如说是死亡冲锋 |
[1:02:23] | Please tell us about the night in the church. | 请告诉我们在教堂的那一晚 |
[1:02:35] | That night, we thought we were lucky because we had a roof over our heads. | 那天晚上 我们都觉得很幸运 因为不用露宿了 |
[1:02:40] | Go on. | 继续 |
[1:02:42] | We’d arrived in a village. | 我们到达了一个村庄 |
[1:02:46] | As always, the guards took the best quarters. They took the priest’s house. | 与往常一样 看守们住在最好的地方 她们占了牧师的房子 |
[1:02:50] | But they let us sleep in a church. | 却让我们睡在教堂里 |
[1:02:54] | There was a bombing raid in the middle of the night. | 半夜时有空袭 |
[1:02:57] | The church was hit. | 教堂被击中了 |
[1:03:01] | At first, we could only hear the fire. It was in the steeple. | 起初我们只听见轰炸声 从尖塔上传来 |
[1:03:07] | Then we could see burning beams | 然后我们看见了燃烧的房梁 |
[1:03:11] | and they began to crash to the floor. | 它们开始向地面冲来 |
[1:03:16] | Everyone rushed | 所有人挤成一团 |
[1:03:21] | rushed to the doors. | 涌向大门 |
[1:03:25] | But the doors had been locked on the outside. | 可是门被反锁了 |
[1:03:29] | The church burned down? Nobody came to open the doors? | 教堂被烧毁了?没人来开门? |
[1:03:33] | Is that right? | 是吗? |
[1:03:36] | Nobody. | 没人 |
[1:03:38] | Even though you were all burning to death? | 即使你们都要被烧死了? |
[1:03:45] | How many people were killed? | 死了多少人? |
[1:03:47] | Everyone was killed. | 所有人都死了 |
[1:03:53] | But you survived? | 而你活下来了? |
[1:04:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:04:06] | I want to thank you for coming to this country | 谢谢你今天来到这个国家 |
[1:04:10] | today to testify. | 出庭作证 |
[1:04:16] | I don’t know. I don’t know what we’re doing here anymore. | 我不明白 我已经不知道我们在做什么了 |
[1:04:21] | Don’t you? | 是吗? |
[1:04:23] | You tell us to think like lawyers, | 你教我们像律师一样思考 |
[1:04:25] | but there’s something disgusting about this. | 但其中有一点让我觉得很恶心 |
[1:04:29] | How so? This didn’t happen to the Germans. | 怎么会? 这事没发生在德国人身上 |
[1:04:32] | It happened to the Jews. | 而是发生在犹太人身上 |
[1:04:34] | What are we trying to do? We’re trying to understand. | 我们到底要干嘛? 我们在试图理解 |
[1:04:38] | Six women locked 300 Jews in a church and let them burn. | 六个女人把300个犹太人 关在一座教堂里活活烧死 |
[1:04:41] | What is there to understand? | 这哪一点值得理解了? |
[1:04:46] | Tell me! I’m asking! What is there to understand? | 告诉我!我在问你话! 哪一点值得理解? |
[1:04:53] | I started out believing in this trial. I thought it was great. | 我一开始还相信着 这将是场伟大的审判 |
[1:04:56] | Now, I think it’s it’s just a diversion. | 现在 我觉得 这只不过是在转移视线 |
[1:04:59] | Yes? Diversion from what? | 是吗?从哪里转移视线? |
[1:05:02] | You choose six women, you put them on trial, | 选出六个女人 对她们进行审判 |
[1:05:05] | you say, “They were the evil ones, they were the guilty ones.” | 然后说 她们是邪恶者 她们才是罪人 |
[1:05:09] | One of the victims happened to write a book. | 碰巧有个受害者写了本书 |
[1:05:11] | That’s why they’re on trial and nobody else! | 所以只有她们接受审判 其他人都没事! |
[1:05:14] | Do you know how many camps there were in Europe? | 你们知不知道全欧洲有多少集中营? |
[1:05:18] | People go on about how much did everyone know? | 大家不停地挖掘每个人知道多少 |
[1:05:20] | Who knew? What did they know? Everyone knew! | 有谁知道 知道些什么 每个人都知道! |
[1:05:24] | Our parents, our teachers. That isn’t the question! | 我们的父母 老师 问题根本不在这里! |
[1:05:29] | The question is, “How’d you let this happen?” | 问题是 你怎能允许这种事发生? |
[1:05:31] | Better, “Why didn’t you kill yourself when you found out?” | 或者更深入点 为什么你知道后不自杀谢罪? |
[1:05:37] | Thousands. That’s how many. There were thousands of camps. | 成千上万个 有成千上万个集中营 |
[1:05:40] | Everyone knew. | 每个人都知道 |
[1:05:51] | Look at that woman. | 瞧瞧那个女人 |
[1:05:54] | Which woman? The woman you’re always staring at. | 哪个女人? 你一直盯着的那女人 |
[1:05:58] | I’m sorry, but you are. | 不好意思 你确实盯了 |
[1:06:08] | I don’t know which woman you mean. | 我不知道你说的是哪一个 |
[1:06:12] | You know what I’d do? | 你知道我会怎么做吗? |
[1:06:16] | Put the gun in my hand, I’d shoot her myself. | 给我一枝枪 我会亲手杀了她 |
[1:06:23] | Shoot them all! | 把她们全杀了! |
[1:09:21] | Why did you not unlock the doors? | 你为什么不开门? |
[1:09:25] | Why did you not unlock the doors? | 你为什么不开门? |
[1:09:31] | I’ve asked all of you, and I’m getting no answer. | 我问了你们每一个人 没有人回答 |
[1:09:35] | Two of the victims are in this court. They deserve an answer. | 今天有两位受害人在场 她们应该得到答案 |
[1:09:42] | This is the SS report. You all have copies. | 这是党卫军的报告 你们都有复印件 |
[1:09:47] | The report which was written, approved and signed by all of you | 这份报告在事故发生后不久 |
[1:09:50] | immediately after the event. In the written report, | 由你们共同撰写 同意和签署 |
[1:09:52] | you all claim you didn’t even know about the fire until after it happened. | 在报告里 你们都声称事后才知道起火了 |
[1:09:59] | But that isn’t true, is it? | 但这不是事实 对吗? |
[1:10:02] | Well? | 说啊? |
[1:10:05] | It’s not true. | 这不是事实 |
[1:10:11] | I don’t know what you’re asking. The first thing I’m asking | 我不知道你在问什么 我要问的第一件事是 |
[1:10:15] | is why didn’t you unlock the doors? Obviously. | 为什么你没有开门? 很明显 |
[1:10:19] | For the obvious reason. | 原因很明显 |
[1:10:22] | We couldn’t. Why couldn’t you? | 我们不能开 为什么不能? |
[1:10:24] | We were guards. | 我们是看守 |
[1:10:27] | Our job was to guard the prisoners. | 我们的工作就是看守囚犯 |
[1:10:31] | We couldn’t just let them escape. | 我们不能让她们逃跑 |
[1:10:33] | I see. And if they escaped, then you’d be blamed, | 我明白了 如果她们逃跑了 你们会被怪罪 |
[1:10:36] | you’d be charged, you might even be executed? | 你们会受到惩罚 甚至处决? |
[1:10:39] | No! Well, then? | 不! 那是为什么? |
[1:10:41] | If we’d opened the doors, there would have been chaos. | 如果我们开了门 场面就会变得混乱 |
[1:10:44] | How could we have restored order? | 那时我们怎么恢复秩序? |
[1:10:47] | It happened so fast. It was snowing. The bombs. | 一切发生得太快 又下着雪 到处是炸弹 |
[1:10:50] | The flames There were flames all over the village. | 还有火 整个村庄成了一片火海 |
[1:10:54] | Then the screaming began, and got worse and worse. | 然后到处是尖叫声 情况越来越糟 |
[1:10:57] | If they’d all come rushing out, we couldn’t just let them escape. | 与其让她们都冲出来 我们不如把她们关在里面 |
[1:11:00] | We couldn’t. We were responsible for them! | 我们不能开门 我们要对她们负责! |
[1:11:08] | So you did know what was happening? You did know? You made a choice. | 那你的确知道发生的情况 对不对? 你作出了决择 |
[1:11:12] | You let them die, | 你选择看着她们烧死 |
[1:11:15] | rather than risk letting them escape. | 为了不冒放跑她们的风险 |
[1:11:20] | The other defendants have made an allegation against you. | 其他的被告对你作出一项指证 |
[1:11:24] | Have you heard this allegation? | 你听说过这项指证吗? |
[1:11:27] | They say you were in charge. | 她们说你是主管 |
[1:11:30] | It isn’t true. I was I was just one of the guards. | 这不是事实 我只不过是看守中的一员 |
[1:11:33] | She was in charge. She was! | 她是主管 没错!是她的主意 |
[1:11:35] | Of course she was. Did you write the report? | 她当然是 这报告是你写的吗? |
[1:11:38] | No. No. We all discussed what to say. We all wrote it together. | 不 不 我们一起讨论了报告该怎么写 然后所有人一起写的 |
[1:11:43] | She wrote the report. She was in charge. | 她写的报告 她是主管 |
[1:11:45] | Is that true? No. | 是吗? 不 |
[1:11:47] | Yes, you did! Does it matter? | 没错 是你写的! 谁写的有关系吗? |
[1:11:48] | She wrote it. I need a sample of your handwriting. | 是她写的 我需要你的笔迹样本 |
[1:11:53] | My | 我的 |
[1:11:55] | My handwriting? Yes. I need to establish | 我的笔迹? 是的 我需要确认 |
[1:11:57] | who wrote the report. I don’t see how that’s appropriate. | 是谁写了报告 我认为这不合适 |
[1:12:01] | 20 years have gone by. Take her paper. Approach the bench. | 这已经是20年前的事了 把纸拿给她 放到被告席上 |
[1:12:04] | Compare handwriting of 20 years? Approach the bench. | 比较20年前后的笔迹? 把纸放到被告席上 |
[1:12:12] | I will not be overruled in my own court. | 我才是本庭的法官 |
[1:12:15] | I’m sorry | 对不起 |
[1:12:25] | I’d rather listen to you. | 还是听你念吧 |
[1:12:46] | There’s no need. | 没这个必要 |
[1:12:52] | I wrote the report. | 报告是我写的 |
[1:13:08] | Silence, please. | 请安静 |
[1:13:09] | Silence, please. | 请安静 |
[1:13:12] | Order! | 肃静! |
[1:13:25] | You’ve been skipping seminars. | 最近你老是逃课 |
[1:13:51] | I have a piece of information. | 我有一条证据 |
[1:13:54] | Concerning one of the defendants. | 关系到被告人之一 |
[1:13:57] | Something they’re not admitting. What information? | 有件事她们没有如实供认 什么证据? |
[1:14:09] | You don’t need me to tell you. | 你不需要跟我说 |
[1:14:11] | It’s perfectly clear. You have a moral obligation to disclose it to the court. | 你应该很清楚 把它公诸法庭是你的道德义务 |
[1:14:16] | It happens this information is favorable to the defendant. | 可这条证据恰好对被告有利 |
[1:14:20] | It can help her case. | 能够帮助她的案子 |
[1:14:22] | It may even affect the outcome, certainly the sentencing. | 甚至会影响判决结果 至少能减刑 |
[1:14:26] | So? There’s a problem. | 所以呢? 有一个问题 |
[1:14:31] | The defendant herself is determined to keep this information secret. | 被告自己决心保密 |
[1:14:39] | A moment, please. Sorry. | 请等一会 对不起 |
[1:14:49] | What are her reasons? | 她的理由是什么? |
[1:14:54] | Because she’s ashamed. | 因为她觉得自卑 |
[1:14:57] | Ashamed of what? | 为什么自卑? |
[1:15:05] | Have you spoken to her? Of course not. | 你和她谈过吗? 当然没有 |
[1:15:09] | Why “of course not?” | 为什么 当然没有 ? |
[1:15:12] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:15:15] | I can’t do that. | 我不能那样做 |
[1:15:18] | I can’t talk to her. | 我不能和她谈 |
[1:15:20] | What we feel isn’t important. It’s utterly unimportant. | 我们的想法并不重要 完全不重要 |
[1:15:25] | The only question is what we do. | 唯一重要的是我们的行动 |
[1:15:29] | If people like you don’t learn from what happened to people like me, | 如果你们这辈人不从我们这辈人吸取教训 |
[1:15:34] | then what the hell is the point of anything? | 那一切还有什么意义? |
[1:15:45] | Schmitz? | 施密茨? |
[1:15:48] | You have a visitor. | 有人来看你 |
[1:16:03] | Quiet, please! | 请安静! |
[1:16:06] | Gertrud Ballow. | 格楚德·巴罗 |
[1:16:10] | Andreas Michael Springer. | 安德里亚斯·迈克·斯普林格 |
[1:16:16] | Michael Berg. | 迈克·伯格 |
[1:16:21] | Walter Sherman. | 沃尔特·谢尔曼 |
[1:17:58] | Time’s up. | 时间到 |
[1:18:19] | Are you coming in? | 你不进来吗? |
[1:18:31] | You took your time. | 你挺磨蹭的啊 |
[1:18:56] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[1:19:19] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪? |
[1:19:22] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:19:25] | I need to sleep by myself. | 我想一个人睡 |
[1:20:12] | I’ll just be a minute. | 给我一分钟 |
[1:20:44] | Nazi! Nazi whore! | 纳粹! 纳粹婊子! |
[1:20:46] | Nazi! | 纳粹! |
[1:20:57] | Silence in the court. Silence in the court. | 肃静 肃静 |
[1:21:02] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[1:21:10] | The court finds guilty the defendants | 本庭宣判以下被告 |
[1:21:13] | Rita Beckhart, Caroline Steinhoff, | 丽塔·贝克哈特 卡罗琳娜·斯坦霍夫 |
[1:21:16] | Regina Kroit, Angela Zeva | 赫吉娜·克罗伊特 安吉拉·杰瓦 |
[1:21:18] | and Andrea Lumen | 以及安德丽娅·鲁门 |
[1:21:21] | of jointly aiding and abetting murder in 300 cases. | 共同协助和参与300起谋杀罪名成立 |
[1:21:26] | The court finds guilty the defendant | 本庭宣判 |
[1:21:28] | Hanna Schmitz of murder in 300 cases. | 被告汉娜·施密茨 针对300人的谋杀罪名成立 |
[1:21:38] | The court sentences the accused as follows: | 判刑结果如下 |
[1:21:41] | Rita Beckhart, Caroline Steinhoff, | 丽塔·贝克哈特 卡罗琳娜·斯坦霍夫 |
[1:21:44] | Regina Kroit, Angela Zeva and Andrea Lumen | 赫吉娜·克罗伊特 安吉拉·杰瓦 以及安德丽娅·鲁门 |
[1:21:49] | to each serve a total sentence in prison of four years and three months. | 各判处监禁四年零三个月 |
[1:21:54] | Hanna Schmitz, | 汉娜·施密茨 |
[1:21:57] | in view of your own admissions and your special role, | 由于你自己的供认 以及你在此案中的特殊角色 |
[1:22:00] | you’re in a different category. | 你与她们不在同列 |
[1:22:03] | The court sentences the accused, Schmitz, to imprisonment for life. | 本庭判处主犯施密茨终身监禁 |
[1:22:42] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪? |
[1:22:44] | I said I’ll tell you when we get there. | 我说过等到了那里我就告诉你 |
[1:22:47] | You told me you liked surprises. I like surprises. | 你不是喜欢惊喜吗 我喜欢惊喜 |
[1:23:09] | She’s grown, hasn’t she? | 她长大了 对吧? |
[1:23:13] | I don’t know. It’s so long since I saw her, Michael. How can I tell? | 我不知道 我好久没看见她了 迈克 我怎么知道? |
[1:23:19] | It’s my fault. We shouldn’t have come unannounced. | 是我的错 我们不应该不打招呼就来的 |
[1:23:23] | Daddy’s going to live in his own house. | 爸爸要回自己的房子住 |
[1:23:30] | Mother, I’m afraid I have some bad news. | 母亲 恐怕我有坏消息要告诉您 |
[1:23:33] | Julia knows. We’ve already told her. | 朱莉娅已经知道了 我们告诉过她 |
[1:23:36] | Gertrud and I, we are getting a divorce. | 格楚德和我决定离婚了 |
[1:23:38] | You don’t come for your father’s funeral, but you come for this? | 你父亲的葬礼你都没来 却为这件事来? |
[1:23:45] | It’s not easy for me to visit this town. | 我不愿回到这座城市 |
[1:23:47] | Were you really so unhappy? That’s not what I’m saying. | 你过得真那么不开心? 这不是我要说的 |
[1:23:50] | It’s not what I meant. Well, then? | 我不是这个意思 那是什么意思? |
[1:23:55] | You mustn’t worry about Gertrud. I’m going to look after her. | 你千万别担心格楚德 我会照顾她的 |
[1:23:59] | She’s already a state prosecutor, so she earns far more than I do. | 她已经是州检察官 所以她比我挣得多多了 |
[1:24:04] | Michael | 迈克 |
[1:24:07] | l’m not worried about Gertrud. | 我不担心格楚德 |
[1:24:10] | I’m worried about you. | 我担心的是你 |
[1:24:56] | “Sing to me of the Man, Muse | 告诉我 缪斯 |
[1:25:01] | The man of twists and turns Driven time and again off course | 那位聪颖敏睿的凡人的经历 |
[1:25:06] | Once he had plundered the hallowed heights of Troy” | 在攻破神圣的特洛伊城堡后 浪迹四方 |
[1:25:33] | 215, mail. | 215有邮件 |
[1:25:39] | 217, mail. | 217有邮件 |
[1:25:44] | 220, mail. | 220有邮件 |
[1:26:01] | Number? | 号码? |
[1:26:04] | Open it. | 打开它 |
[1:26:23] | Testing, testing. One, two, three. Testing, testing. | 测试 测试 一 二 三 测试 测试 |
[1:26:46] | The Odyssey by Homer. | 《奥德赛》 荷马著 |
[1:27:02] | The Odyssey by Homer. | 《奥德赛》 荷马著 |
[1:27:06] | “Sing to me of the Man, Muse | 告诉我 缪斯 |
[1:27:09] | The man of twists and turns | 那位聪颖敏睿的凡人的经历 |
[1:27:12] | Driven time and again off course | 他浪迹四方 |
[1:27:15] | Once he had plundered the hallowed heights of Troy” | 在攻破神圣的特洛伊城堡后 |
[1:27:19] | “to the house of death. But they held fast in place, | 返回死亡之城 而他们稳站原地 |
[1:27:23] | hoping that others might still come. | 希望能面见 |
[1:27:25] | Shades of famous heroes, men who died in the old days | 某些前辈的英雄 早以作古的人们 |
[1:27:28] | and ghosts of an even older age, I long to see.” | 旧时强者的鬼魂 我渴望见到他们 |
[1:27:32] | “Come, sheathe your sword, let’s go to bed together. | 来吧 收起你的铜剑 插入鞘内 |
[1:27:35] | Mount my bed and mix in the magic work of love. | 咱俩前往睡床 躺倒做爱 在欢爱的床第 |
[1:27:40] | We’ll breed deep trust between us.” | 或许可建立你我间的信赖 |
[1:27:44] | “Not for all the world, not until you consent to swear, goddess, | 我不愿和你同床 除非你 女神 |
[1:27:49] | a blinding oath you’ll never plot some new intrigue to harm me.” | 立下庄重的誓言 保证不再谋设新的恶招 使我受害 |
[1:27:54] | “Straightaway, she began to swear the oath that I required. | 听我言罢 她当即起誓 按我的求愿 |
[1:27:58] | Never, she would never do me harm. | 永远 她永远不会使我受害 |
[1:28:00] | And when she’d finished then, at last, | 当她发过誓咒 立下一番旦旦信誓后 |
[1:28:02] | I mounted Circes’ gorgeous bed.” | 我举步前往基耳凯精美的床边 |
[1:28:07] | “When young Dawn, with her rose-red fingers shone once more, | 当年轻的黎明重现天际 垂着玫瑰红的手指 |
[1:28:11] | they yoked their pair again, | 他们再次套起驭马 |
[1:28:13] | and out through the gates and echoing colonnade, | 穿过大门和回声隆响的柱廊 |
[1:28:16] | they whipped the team to a run and on they flew, | 扬鞭催马 后者撒腿飞跑 |
[1:28:19] | holding nothing back, and the princes reached the wheatlands” | 不带半点勉强 王子们进入盛产麦子的平原 |
[1:28:24] | “those purebred stallions | 这些纯种的快马 |
[1:28:27] | as the sun sank” | 我死 即我生 |
[1:28:32] | “Truly, and I have to confess, I am jealous. | 真的 我必须承认 我很嫉妒 |
[1:28:36] | It’s true, till now” | 这是真的 到现在为止 |
[1:28:38] | “Perfectly astonishing. I’ve always said it was all tricks, | 实在太惊人了 就像变戏法一样 |
[1:28:42] | but he went to sleep under my very eyes.” | 但他就在我眼皮底下睡着了 |
[1:28:44] | “He lifted a large newspaper from the table | 他从桌子上抓起一张大报纸 |
[1:28:47] | and began stamping his feet and flourishing the newspaper | 一面顿脚 一面挥动报纸 |
[1:28:50] | to drive Gregor back into his room.” | 要把格里高尔赶回到房间里去 |
[1:28:51] | Zhivago even a cake, | 日瓦戈 甚至有一种 |
[1:28:54] | rather like a Baba au Rhum known as a Zhivago bun. | 用甜酒浸过的圆点心就叫日瓦戈甜饼 |
[1:28:58] | At one time you only had to say to your sleigh driver in Moscow, | 有一阵子 只要你在莫斯科 朝车夫大喊一声 |
[1:29:01] | ‘Zhivago’s.’ And, rather as if you had said” | 到日瓦戈公馆! 那就等于说 |
[1:29:10] | “The Lady with the Little Dog by Anton Chekhov.” | 《带小狗的女人》 安东·契诃夫著 |
[1:29:16] | “The talk was that a new face had appeared on the promenade, | 据说在堤岸上出现了一个新面孔 |
[1:29:20] | a lady with a little dog. | 一个带小狗的女人 |
[1:29:22] | Dmitri Dmitritch Gurov had already spent two weeks in Yalta, | 德米特利·德米特利奇·古罗夫 已经在雅尔塔生活了两个星期 |
[1:29:26] | so he was bored with it and always looking for fresh faces.” | 对这个地方已经厌倦 也开始对新面孔发生兴趣了 |
[1:29:30] | Sitting in the pavilion at Vernet, | 他坐在韦尔奈的售货亭里 |
[1:29:32] | he saw a young woman walking on the seafront. | 看见堤岸上有一个年轻的金发女人在走动 |
[1:29:35] | A fair-haired young lady of medium height, wearing a beret” | 她身材不高 戴一顶圆形软帽 |
[1:29:50] | I want to take out a book. | 我想借本书 |
[1:29:53] | Which book? | 哪本书? |
[1:30:04] | Do you have The Lady with the Little Dog? | 你有没有《带小狗的女人》? |
[1:30:08] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字? |
[1:30:13] | Hanna Schmitz. | 汉娜·施密茨 |
[1:30:45] | The Lady with the Little Dog. | 带小狗的女人 |
[1:30:49] | The Lady with the Little Dog. | 带小狗的女人 |
[1:30:54] | Dog. | 人 |
[1:31:06] | One, two, three, four, five, six. | 一 二 三 四 五 六 |
[1:31:09] | The Lady with the Little Dog. | 带小狗的女人 |
[1:31:12] | The | 的 |
[1:31:18] | The. | 的 |
[1:31:21] | The. The. The. | 的 的 的 |
[1:31:24] | The. | 的 |
[1:31:32] | The. | 的 |
[1:32:39] | No letter? No letter. Sign. | 没有信? 没信 签字吧 |
[1:34:11] | You’re Michael Berg? Yes. | 你是迈克·伯格? 是的 |
[1:34:15] | Thank you for calling me. You got my letter? | 谢谢你打电话给我 你收到我的信了? |
[1:34:19] | I have it here. | 是的 就在我面前 |
[1:34:21] | As I say, Hanna Schmitz is coming up for release very soon. | 正如我信中所说 汉娜·施密茨很快就要刑满释放了 |
[1:34:25] | Hanna has been in prison for over 20 years. | 汉娜已经在监狱里生活了20多年 |
[1:34:29] | She has no family. | 她没有家人 |
[1:34:30] | She has no friends. | 也没有朋友 |
[1:34:33] | You’re her only contact. | 你是她唯一的联系人 |
[1:34:36] | And I’m told you don’t visit her. | 我听说你从不来看她 |
[1:34:39] | No, I don’t. | 没错 |
[1:34:41] | When she gets out, she’s going to need a job. | 出狱后 她将需要一份工作 |
[1:34:43] | She’s going to need somewhere to live. | 她还需要有个地方住 |
[1:34:46] | You can’t imagine how frightening the modern world will seem to her. | 你无法想象今天的世界对她会有多么可怕 |
[1:34:54] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[1:34:58] | I have no one else to ask. | 我无法请求别人 |
[1:35:01] | If you don’t take responsibility for her, | 如果你不对她负责 |
[1:35:04] | then Hanna has no future at all. | 汉娜根本没有未来 |
[1:35:10] | It’s kind of you. | 你是个好人 |
[1:35:13] | Thank you for letting me know. | 谢谢你通知我 |
[1:35:59] | You’re Michael Berg? Yes. | 你是迈克·伯格? 是的 |
[1:36:01] | I’m Louisa Brenner. Good morning. | 我叫路易莎·布伦纳 早上好 |
[1:36:03] | How do you do? We were expecting you earlier. | 你好 我们以为你会早点来的 |
[1:36:06] | I should warn you, for a long time Hanna held herself together. | 我得提醒你 很长一段时间汉娜努力支撑着自己 |
[1:36:10] | She was very purposeful. In the last few years, she’s different. | 她表现得非常坚强 可最近几年她变了 |
[1:36:14] | She’s let herself go. | 她开始放任自流 |
[1:36:20] | I’m taking you straight to the canteen. | 我直接带你去食堂 |
[1:36:24] | They’ve just finished their lunch. | 她们刚刚用完午餐 |
[1:36:38] | Table four. | 四号桌 |
[1:37:26] | You’ve grown up, kid. | 你长大了 孩子 |
[1:37:42] | I’ve got a friend who’s a tailor. | 我有个朋友是裁缝 |
[1:37:47] | He’ll give you a job. | 他会给你找个工作 |
[1:37:51] | And I’ve found you somewhere to live. It’s a nice place. | 我还给你找了个住处 地方不错 |
[1:37:54] | Quite small, but it’s nice. | 有点小 但很舒适 |
[1:37:57] | You’ll like it. Thank you. | 你会喜欢的 谢谢你 |
[1:38:02] | There are various social programs, cultural stuff I can sign you up for. | 那有很多社区组织 我可以帮你报名参加各种文化活动 |
[1:38:07] | And the public library is very close. | 公共图书馆也很近 |
[1:38:16] | You read a lot? | 你读了很多书吧? |
[1:38:20] | I prefer being read to. | 我还是喜欢听人念 |
[1:38:28] | That’s over now, isn’t it? | 可那已经结束了 不是吗? |
[1:38:39] | Did you get married? | 你结婚了吗? |
[1:38:41] | I did. Yes, I did. | 结了 我结婚了 |
[1:38:44] | We have a daughter. | 我们有个女儿 |
[1:38:47] | I’m not seeing as much of her as I’d like. | 我却不能常常见到她 |
[1:38:50] | I’d like to see a great deal more of her. | 我希望能够多见到她 |
[1:38:55] | The marriage didn’t last. | 我的婚姻没有维持多久 |
[1:39:12] | Have you spent time thinking about the past? | 你有想过以前的事吗? |
[1:39:15] | You mean with you? No. | 和你在一起的事? 不 |
[1:39:19] | No, I didn’t mean with me. | 不 我不是指和我一起的事 |
[1:39:32] | Before the trial, I never thought about the past. | 在审判之前 我从没想过以前的事 |
[1:39:36] | I never had to. | 我从来没那个必要 |
[1:39:38] | Now? | 现在呢? |
[1:39:42] | What do you feel now? | 你现在怎么认为? |
[1:39:45] | It doesn’t matter what I feel. | 我怎么认为根本不重要 |
[1:39:48] | It doesn’t matter what I think. | 我怎么想也不重要 |
[1:39:52] | The dead are still dead. | 人死不能复生 |
[1:40:02] | I wasn’t sure what you’d learned. | 那你究竟学到了什么 |
[1:40:04] | Well, I have learned, kid. | 孩子 我学到了 |
[1:40:08] | I’ve learned to read. | 我学会了识字 |
[1:40:24] | I’ll pick you up next week, OK? | 我下周来接你 好吗? |
[1:40:35] | That sounds a good plan. | 听起来不错 |
[1:40:39] | We can do it quietly, or we can make a fuss. | 我们可以安静地走 也可以大张旗鼓 |
[1:40:43] | Quietly. | 安静地 |
[1:40:47] | OK. Quietly. | 好的 安静地 |
[1:40:52] | Quietly. | 安静地 |
[1:41:03] | Take care, kid. You, too. See you next week. | 保重 孩子 你也是 下周见 |
[1:43:19] | I’ve come to collect Hanna Schmitz. | 我来接汉娜·施密茨 |
[1:43:26] | Please. Please, take a seat. | 请 请坐 |
[1:43:54] | She didn’t pack. | 她没有收拾行李 |
[1:43:57] | She never intended to leave. | 她根本没打算离开 |
[1:44:05] | “The talk was that a new face | 据说在堤岸上 |
[1:44:09] | had appeared on the promenade, | 出现了一个新面孔 |
[1:44:12] | a lady with a little dog.” | 一个带小狗的女人 |
[1:44:22] | She left me a message. | 她给我留了个字条 |
[1:44:26] | A sort of will. | 算是遗嘱吧 |
[1:44:30] | I’ll read the bit that concerns you. | 我来读一下提到你的那部分 |
[1:44:40] | “There is money in the old tea tin. | 我在那个旧茶叶罐里放了钱 |
[1:44:43] | Give it to Michael Berg. | 把它交给迈克·伯格 |
[1:44:46] | He should send it, alongside the 7,000 Marks in the bank, | 连同银行里的七千马克 请他转交给 |
[1:44:51] | to the daughter who survived the fire. | 那场大火里幸存者的女儿 |
[1:44:55] | It’s for her. | 这钱是给她的 |
[1:44:57] | She should decide what to do with it. | 由她来决定这钱怎么花 |
[1:45:04] | And tell Michael I said hello.” | 还有 替我向迈克问好 |
[1:46:25] | Ms. Mather? Yes. | 玛瑟女士? 是的 |
[1:46:28] | You’re Michael Berg. Yes. | 你是迈克·伯格 是的 |
[1:46:30] | I was expecting you. | 我在等你 |
[1:46:33] | Please. Thank you. | 请坐 谢谢 |
[1:46:37] | So you must tell me, exactly what brings you to the United States? | 请你告诉我 为什么专程来美国? |
[1:46:41] | I was here already. I was at a conference in Boston. | 我是顺便来的 我正在波士顿开会 |
[1:46:45] | You’re a lawyer? Yes. | 你是个律师? 是的 |
[1:46:46] | I was intrigued by your letter, but I can’t say I wholly understood it. | 你的信很有意思 但我没有完全看懂 |
[1:46:51] | You attended the trial? Yes. Almost 20 years ago. | 你参加过那次审判? 是的 差不多20年前 |
[1:46:55] | I was a law student. I remember you. I remember your mother very clearly. | 我当时是法学院学生 我记得你 你母亲我印象很深 |
[1:47:01] | My mother died in Israel a good many years ago. | 我母亲很多年前在以色列过世了 |
[1:47:05] | I I’m sorry. | 对 对不起 |
[1:47:09] | Go on, please. | 请说下去 |
[1:47:12] | Perhaps you heard. | 也许你已经听说了 |
[1:47:14] | Hanna Schmitz recently died. She killed herself. | 汉娜·施密茨最近死了 她是自杀的 |
[1:47:20] | She was a friend of yours? | 她是你的朋友? |
[1:47:23] | A kind of friend. | 算是吧 |
[1:47:26] | It’s as simple as this. | 其实很简单 |
[1:47:29] | Hanna was illiterate for the greater part of her life. | 汉娜的大半生都是文盲 |
[1:47:33] | Is that an explanation of her behavior? | 你这是为她的行为辩解? |
[1:47:38] | No. Or an excuse? | 不 或者开脱? |
[1:47:40] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[1:47:45] | She taught herself to read when she was in prison. | 她在监狱里自学了读写 |
[1:47:49] | I sent her tapes. | 我给她寄录音带 |
[1:47:54] | She had always liked being read to. | 她一直有 听人朗读的爱好 |
[1:48:05] | Why don’t you start by being honest with me? | 为什么你不对我坦白点? |
[1:48:08] | At least start that way. | 至少开个坦白的头 |
[1:48:11] | What was the nature of your friendship? | 你们到底是什么关系? |
[1:48:19] | When I was young, I had an affair with Hanna. | 当我年轻时 和汉娜有过一段情 |
[1:48:27] | I’m not sure I can help you, Mr. Berg. | 我想我帮不了你 伯格先生 |
[1:48:29] | And | 而且 |
[1:48:32] | even if I could, I’m not willing to. | 即使我能帮你 我也不愿意这样做 |
[1:48:34] | I was almost 16 when I took up with her. | 我快16岁那年和她在一起 |
[1:48:37] | The affair only lasted a summer. But | 这段感情只持续了一个夏天 但是 |
[1:48:41] | But what? | 但是什么? |
[1:48:49] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[1:48:53] | And did Hanna Schmitz acknowledge the effect she’d had on your life? | 汉娜·施密茨明白 自己对你一生的影响有多大吗? |
[1:49:00] | She’d done much worse to other people. | 她对别人的影响坏得多 |
[1:49:08] | I’ve never told anyone. | 我从没告诉过任何人 |
[1:49:14] | People ask all the time what I learned in the camps. | 人们总是问我在集中营里学到了什么 |
[1:49:17] | But the camps weren’t therapy. | 可集中营不是诊疗室 |
[1:49:22] | What do you think these places were, universities? | 你以为这些地方是什么 大学吗? |
[1:49:27] | We didn’t go there to learn. | 我们不是上那学习的 |
[1:49:29] | One becomes very clear about these things. | 对这一点我非常清楚 |
[1:49:37] | What are you asking for? Forgiveness for her? | 你在要求什么?要我原谅她吗? |
[1:49:40] | Or do you just want to feel better yourself? | 还是仅仅让你自己觉得好过点? |
[1:49:42] | My advice? Go to the theater if you want catharsis. Please. | 我的建议是 如果你想宣泄罪恶感 请去电影院 |
[1:49:46] | Go to literature. | 去看文学作品 |
[1:49:48] | Don’t go to the camps. | 别去集中营 |
[1:49:53] | Nothing comes out of the camps. | 从集中营你什么也得不到 |
[1:49:58] | Nothing. | 什么也没有 |
[1:50:13] | What she wanted | 她的愿望是 |
[1:50:16] | What she wanted was to leave you her money. | 她只想把她的钱留给你 |
[1:50:21] | I have it with me. To do what? | 我把它带来了 我要这钱做什么? |
[1:50:26] | As you think fit. | 随你做主 |
[1:50:38] | Here. | 给 |
[1:50:49] | When I was a little girl, I had a tea tin for my treasures. | 我小时候也有一个茶叶罐 用来装我的宝贝 |
[1:50:53] | Not quite like this. It had Cyrillic lettering. | 和这个不太一样 上面有西里尔文的字母 |
[1:51:01] | I took it with me to the camp, but it got stolen. | 它跟着我去了集中营 后来却被偷走了 |
[1:51:04] | What was in it? Sentimental things. | 里面有什么? 有纪念意义的小东西 |
[1:51:07] | A piece of hair from our dog. | 我家那只狗的一撮毛 |
[1:51:09] | Some tickets to the operas my father had taken me to. | 我父亲带我听歌剧的票 |
[1:51:14] | It wasn’t stolen for its contents. | 它被偷走不是因为里面装的东西 |
[1:51:16] | It was the tin itself | 而是罐子本身 |
[1:51:20] | that was valuable, | 它的价值 |
[1:51:22] | what you could do with it. | 还有用途 |
[1:51:32] | There’s nothing I can do with this money. | 我无法使用这笔钱 |
[1:51:35] | I give it to anything associated with extermination of Jews, | 如果我把它用于 和犹太种族屠杀相关的任何事 |
[1:51:39] | then to me it seems | 那么对我来说这意味着 |
[1:51:41] | like absolution, and that’s something I’m neither willing | 一种赦免 而我绝对没有 |
[1:51:45] | nor in a position to grant. | 这种意愿或资格 |
[1:51:47] | I was thinking maybe | 或许可以捐给 |
[1:51:49] | an organization to encourage literacy. | 一个提倡扫除文盲的组织 |
[1:51:56] | Good. Good. | 很好 很好 |
[1:51:59] | Do you know if there is a Jewish organization? | 你听说过这类犹太人组织吗? |
[1:52:02] | I’d be surprised if there isn’t. | 没有才怪 |
[1:52:04] | There’s a Jewish organization for everything. | 犹太人什么组织都有 |
[1:52:07] | Not that illiteracy is a very Jewish problem. | 尽管文盲并不是犹太人专有的问题 |
[1:52:12] | Why don’t you find out? Send them the money. | 为什么你不去找找看? 把钱交给他们 |
[1:52:32] | Shall I do it in Hanna’s name? | 我应该用汉娜的名义吗? |
[1:52:36] | As you think fit. | 随你做主 |
[1:52:43] | I’ll keep the tin. | 我会收下这个茶叶罐 |
[1:52:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:53:43] | Where are we going? I thought you liked surprises. | 我们要去哪? 你不是喜欢惊喜吗 |
[1:53:48] | I do. I do like surprises. | 没错 我是喜欢惊喜 |
[1:54:55] | Hanna Schmitz. | 汉娜·施密茨 |
[1:55:02] | Who was she? | 她是谁? |
[1:55:06] | That’s what I wanted to tell you. | 这正是我想要告诉你的 |
[1:55:10] | That’s why we’re here. | 所以我们才来这里 |
[1:55:21] | So tell me. | 那就开始吧 |
[1:55:34] | I was 15. | 那年我15岁 |
[1:55:39] | I was coming home from school. | 从学校回家的路上 |
[1:55:44] | I was feeling ill. | 觉得不舒服 |
[1:55:47] | And a woman helped me. | 有个女人帮助了我 |