时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | [Dream] We begin… | 我们从… |
[00:20] | [enchanting music playing] | |
[00:25] | …in the waking world, | 清醒世界说起 |
[00:29] | which humanity insists on calling the real world… | 人类坚持称其为“真实世界”… |
[00:36] | as if your dreams have no effect upon the choices you make. | 仿佛你们做的梦 对你们做出的选择毫无影响 |
[00:41] | You mortals go about your work, | 你们凡人忙于工作 |
[00:45] | your loves, your wars, | 寻爱、打仗 |
[00:47] | as if your waking lives are all that matter. | 仿佛清醒时的生活 是唯一重要的生活 |
[00:54] | But there is another life which awaits you when you close your eyes… | 但当你们闭眼入睡后 会过上另一种生活 |
[01:03] | and enter my realm. | 你们会进入我的境域 |
[01:11] | For I am the King of Dreams… | 因为我是梦之王… |
[01:17] | [screeches] | |
[01:19] | …and Nightmares. | 也是梦魇之王 |
[01:27] | When the waking world leaves you wanting and weary, | 当清醒世界令你们感到匮乏和疲惫时 |
[01:32] | sleep brings you here | 睡眠会带你们来到这里 |
[01:36] | to find freedom and adventure. | 你们得以追寻自由、进行探险 |
[01:51] | To face your fears and fantasies | 得以直面你们的恐惧和幻想 |
[01:55] | in Dreams and Nightmares that I create… | 这些全在我创造的梦和梦魇中进行 |
[02:01] | and which I must control, | 但梦和梦魇须在我的掌控之中 |
[02:05] | lest they consume and destroy you. | 以免你们被它们吞噬、摧毁 |
[02:10] | That is my purpose and my function. | 这便是我存在的意义和我的职能 |
[02:14] | Or it was, | 直到有一天 |
[02:16] | until I left my kingdom to pursue a rogue Nightmare. | 我离开了我的王国 去追捕一个叛逃的梦魇 |
[02:23] | My Lord, you are coming back, aren’t you? | 主人 你会回来的 对吗? |
[02:28] | [Dream] Why would I not return, Lucienne? | 我怎么会不回来呢 露茜安? |
[02:30] | I don’t know, a presentiment. | 我不知道 只是我有个预感 |
[02:33] | As powerful as you are here in your realm, | 虽然你在你的地界无比强大 |
[02:37] | Dreams rarely survive in the waking world. | 但梦很少能在清醒世界活下去 |
[02:40] | Nightmares, on the other hand, seem to thrive there. | 而梦魇在那边却如鱼得水 |
[02:52] | Wake up, sir, we’re here. Fawney Rig. | 醒醒 先生 佛尼里格已经到了 |
[02:56] | Already? | 就到了? |
[02:58] | I must have dozed off. | 我刚才肯定打瞌睡了 |
[03:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 剧名:第1集:公正者之眠 (1916年 英国威奇克劳斯) |
[03:10] | [suspenseful music playing] | |
[03:20] | [engine starts] | |
[03:43] | [doorbell rings] | |
[03:49] | Oh. | |
[03:51] | Good afternoon, lad. My name is Dr. John Hathaway. | 下午好 孩子 我是约翰哈撒韦博士 |
[03:56] | Of the Royal Museum? | 我是皇家博物馆的人 |
[03:58] | Are you here to see the Magus? | 你是来找巫师的吗? |
[04:01] | Well, I’ve come to see Mr. Roderick Burgess. | 我是来找罗德里克伯格斯先生 |
[04:08] | Father likes to be called Magus. It means sorcerer. | 父亲喜欢别人喊他“巫师” 也就是术士 |
[04:12] | Hmm. | |
[04:15] | [door creaks] | |
[04:17] | [door closes] | |
[04:35] | [people chanting] Here in the darkness. Here in the darkness. | 在此黑暗中 |
[04:42] | Here in the darkness. | Here in the darkness. 在此黑暗中 |
[04:50] | The Magus will receive his guest in the study, Alex. | 巫师将在书房接见客人 亚历克斯 |
[04:53] | Yes, Mr. Sykes. | 好的 赛克斯先生 |
[05:03] | Have you come to join Father’s Order? | 你来这里是想加入父亲的会社吗? |
[05:07] | The Order of Ancient Mysteries. | 就是“古奥秘会” |
[05:10] | Dr. Hathaway, what an unexpected pleasure. | 哈撒韦博士 什么风把你吹来了? |
[05:14] | Alex, tea for our guest. | 亚历克斯 快给客人上茶 |
[05:16] | Please, sit down. You must be exhausted from your journey. | 请坐 你这一路过来想必累了 |
[05:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:22] | I take it you’ve reconsidered, then? | 看来你改变了主意 对吗? |
[05:25] | After our meeting at the museum… | 我们在博物馆见面之后… |
[05:27] | I know what I said. | 我知道我说过什么 |
[05:30] | I received a telegram this morning. | 我今天早上收到一份电报 |
[05:32] | My son, Edmund, | 我儿子艾德蒙… |
[05:36] | his destroyer was sunk last week, off Jutland. | 他的驱逐舰上周在日德兰附近被击沉 |
[05:42] | Oh, my condolences, Doctor. | 请节哀顺变 博士 |
[05:46] | We are bonded | 这么说来 |
[05:49] | then, in our grief, you and I. | 你我现在有了相同的悲痛 |
[05:52] | As you know, I lost my son Randall recently at Gallipoli. | 你知道的 我最近失去了爱子兰德尔 他在加里波利战役中牺牲了 |
[05:57] | Forgive me, I… | 抱歉 我… |
[05:59] | I understood that Randall was your only son. | 我一直以为兰德尔是你唯一的儿子 |
[06:06] | [Roderick] Randall was my greatest joy. | 兰德尔是我最喜欢的孩子 |
[06:12] | All this was meant to be his. [chuckles] | 这里的一切本来都将属于他 |
[06:17] | So, have you brought it, the Magdalene Grimoire? | 好了 你把《抹大拉魔法书》带来了吗? |
[06:30] | If I give you the book… | 如果把书给你 |
[06:36] | can you really… | 你真能… |
[06:38] | Capture the Angel of Death? | 捉住死亡天使吗? |
[06:40] | Oh, yes. | 当然 |
[06:43] | With the spells recorded in this book, | 利用这书里写的巫术 |
[06:46] | we can compel Death to return our sons to us. | 我们就能迫使死神把儿子还给我们 |
[06:50] | Your Edmund and my Randall will live again. | 你的艾德蒙和我的兰德尔 都将起死回生 |
[06:56] | [eerie music playing] | |
[07:22] | It’s all right, Dr. Hathaway. Here. | 别害怕 哈撒韦博士 我牵着你 |
[07:46] | Tonight, we will achieve what no one before us has even attempted. | 今晚我们将做成一件 前人从没尝试过的事 |
[07:52] | We will summon and imprison Death. | 我们要召唤并囚禁死神 |
[07:59] | Here in the darkness. | 在此黑暗中 |
[08:01] | [disciples] Here in the darkness. | 在此黑暗中 (德国柏林) |
[08:07] | [engine idling] | |
[08:10] | [man groans] | |
[08:19] | [Dream] Corinthian. | 科林斯 |
[08:24] | My creations stay in The Dreaming. | 我创造的东西必须待在梦境 |
[08:28] | They do not walk amongst the living, killing mortals for pleasure. | 不得来到凡间 以杀戮凡人取乐 |
[08:34] | Isn’t this why you created me? | 你创造我不就是为了杀戮吗? |
[08:37] | Why should we confine ourselves to their sleeping minds? | 我们为何只能 待在凡人沉睡时的思绪中? |
[08:40] | Here, in the waking world, we’re unstoppable. | 在这里 在清醒世界中 我们势不可挡 |
[08:44] | There is nothing preventing us from taking | 没有任何东西能阻挡我们 |
[08:48] | whoever, whatever we want. | 得到我们想得到的任何人或物 |
[08:52] | [Dream] There is though. | 有的 |
[08:56] | My Lord… | 主人… |
[08:59] | Please, no. | 求求你 别这样 |
[09:01] | No, no, no, I beg you. | 别这样 我求你了 |
[09:06] | [gasps] | |
[09:07] | Please… | 求你了… |
[09:11] | [Dream gasps] | |
[09:12] | [disciples chanting] Here in the darkness. | 在此黑暗中 |
[09:15] | [Dream groaning] | |
[09:21] | [breathing heavily] | |
[09:28] | I give you a coin made from a stone. | 我给您一块用石头做的硬币 |
[09:32] | [disciples] Here in the darkness. | 在此黑暗中 |
[09:34] | I give you a knife from under the hills, | 我给您一把来自山下的刀 |
[09:39] | and I give you the blood from out of my vein. | 我给您从我的血管中流出的血 |
[09:44] | [disciples] Here in the darkness. | 在此黑暗中 |
[09:45] | I give you a song I stole from the dirt, | 我给您一首我从泥土中偷来的歌 |
[09:49] | and I give you a feather | 我还给您一根 |
[09:53] | pulled from an angel’s wing, | 从天使之翼上拔下的羽毛 |
[09:55] | for you to lift up into the heavens. | 供您飞到天上 |
[10:00] | [disciples] Here in the darkness. Here in the darkness. | 在此黑暗中 |
[10:08] | Here in the darkness. | Here in the darkness. 在此黑暗中 |
[10:14] | [louder] Here in the darkness. Here in the darkness. | 在此黑暗中 |
[10:17] | I summon you with poison. | 我用毒药召唤您 |
[10:20] | [disciples] Here in the darkness. Here in the darkness. | 在此黑暗中 |
[10:24] | I summon you with pain. | 我用痛苦召唤您 |
[10:26] | [disciples] Here in the darkness. Here in the darkness. | 在此黑暗中 |
[10:29] | I open the way, I open the gates. | 我开了路 我开了门 |
[10:32] | [disciples] Here in the darkness. Here in the darkness. | 在此黑暗中 |
[10:35] | I summon you in the names of the old lords. | 我以旧主的名义召唤您 |
[10:38] | Namtar, Allatu, Morax… Maborym calls you. | 纳塔、阿拉图、摩拉…马博里召唤您 |
[10:44] | Horvendile calls you. | 霍文迪召唤您 |
[10:47] | We summon you together. Come! | 我们一起召唤您 来吧! |
[10:53] | [disciples gasp] | |
[11:02] | [disciples murmuring] | |
[11:08] | [tense music playing] | |
[11:33] | Alex. | 亚历克斯 |
[11:35] | Alex! | 亚历克斯! |
[11:44] | Get that pouch for me. | 帮我把那个袋子拿出来 |
[11:46] | But be careful. | 要小心 |
[11:49] | Don’t break the binding circle. | 别把囚禁圈弄出口子 是沙子 |
[11:58] | Hmm. Sand. | |
[12:03] | Now the jewel. There. | 再拿珠宝 就是那个 |
[12:06] | Good. | 很好 |
[12:09] | Well, let’s see what other treasures you have for us. | 现在 我们要看看 你身上还有没有别的宝物 一只鸟! |
[12:17] | -[bird cawing] -The bird! | |
[12:19] | [grunting] | |
[12:21] | -Father! -[Roderick] No! No! Stop. | -父亲! -不要!滚开 |
[12:37] | Move. | 走开 |
[12:44] | [grunts] | |
[12:49] | [grunts] | |
[12:52] | Hmm. | |
[12:55] | We’ll let our guest recover | 我们先等着 让这位贵客苏醒 |
[12:58] | before we tell him our demands. | 再告诉他我们的要求 |
[13:03] | Guards, watch him. | 守卫们 看好他 |
[13:09] | [Dream] I was powerless, | 我虚弱无力 |
[13:11] | trapped by a spell cast by an amateur | 被一个外行施法术诱捕了 |
[13:14] | with no concern for the damage he had done to my realm | 他不关心他对我的境域 以及他所在的境域 |
[13:20] | and to his own. | 造成的破坏 (英国伦敦) |
[13:22] | For the following morning, there were some sleepers… | 第二天早上 有些人… |
[13:25] | [man] Unity. | 尤尼提 |
[13:27] | [Dream] …who could not wake up. | …无法苏醒 |
[13:29] | Unity. | 尤尼提 |
[13:33] | Rise and shine, dormouse. Can’t have you late to school, can we? | 太阳快晒屁股啦 懒虫 上学可不能迟到 |
[13:38] | Luvvie? Wake up. Unity? | 亲爱的?醒醒 尤尼提? |
[13:44] | -What’s wrong? -Call the doctor. | -怎么了? -快喊医生 |
[13:49] | Hello, operator. | 喂 接线员 |
[13:52] | [people clamoring] | |
[14:01] | [Dream] The sleepy sickness, as it was called, | 这种症状被称为“嗜睡症” |
[14:04] | affected nearly one million men, women and children | 全世界各城镇村庄 |
[14:08] | in every city, town and village in the world. | 有近一百万成人和儿童罹患此病 |
[14:13] | [doorbell buzzing] | |
[14:16] | Sykes! Alex! | 赛克斯!亚历克斯! |
[14:22] | [door opens] | |
[14:26] | Oi! | |
[14:27] | [Corinthian] Good morning, Magus. | 上午好 巫师 |
[14:42] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗? |
[14:43] | No, but I know all about you, Roderick, | 不认识 但我很了解你 罗德里克 |
[14:49] | and the being you’ve trapped in your cellar. | 也很了解你地窖里囚禁的那个生物 |
[14:54] | Blackmail then, is it? A shakedown? | 你想勒索我?敲诈? |
[14:58] | Not at all. I’m here to help you. | 错得离谱 我是来帮你的 |
[15:01] | You’re gonna need all the help you can get. | 你将需要很多帮助 |
[15:14] | There are benefits to keeping one of The Endless close. | 把一个无尽留在身边有好处 |
[15:21] | The Endless? | 无尽? |
[15:22] | Did you think Death was the only one in charge? | 你以为死神是唯一的掌控者吗? |
[15:25] | The Reaper has family, you know. | 性命收割者有家人的 懂吗? |
[15:27] | Desire, Destiny, Despair. | 包括欲望神、命运神、绝望神 |
[15:32] | Which one have I got then? | 我抓到的这个是谁? |
[15:34] | Dream. | 梦神 |
[15:36] | What’s the good of a god who governs dreams? | 一个掌管梦的神有什么用? |
[15:39] | Not a god. | 他不止是神 |
[15:41] | More than a god. | 他比神还强大 |
[15:43] | And are men not governed by their dreams? | 人类难道不是受梦统治的吗? |
[15:46] | You’ve taken his vestments? | 你拿走了他的法衣? |
[15:48] | The ruby, the pouch and the helm? | 拿走了他的红宝石、沙袋和头盔? |
[15:52] | -They can lend you an aspect of his power. -[sniffs] | 有了这些东西 你就可以借用他的法力 |
[15:56] | Extend your lifespan, allow you to manipulate others. | 它们能让你延年益寿 还能让你操纵别人 |
[16:01] | But you must ensure that he never escapes. | 但你绝对不能让他逃走 |
[16:05] | The binding circle is intact. | 囚禁圈完好无缺 |
[16:07] | The circle will not be enough. | 光有那个圈不够 |
[16:10] | You must construct a sphere of glass inside the circle | 你必须在圈里打造一个玻璃球 |
[16:14] | to contain Dream’s physical manifestation. | 把梦神的实体困住 |
[16:19] | No one must be allowed to fall asleep in his presence, no one, | 绝不能让任何人 在他面前睡着 谁都不可 |
[16:23] | or he will escape into your dreams. | 不然他就会潜入那人的梦 |
[16:27] | And you don’t want that. | 后果你可承受不起 |
[16:29] | There are Forced March tablets. | 有一种药片叫“强行军” (强行军) |
[16:34] | Stimulants used to keep trench soldiers awake. | 是一种兴奋剂 用于让战壕里的士兵保持清醒 |
[16:37] | See that your guards use them at all times. | 务必让你的守卫 在看守梦神期间服用这种药片 你为什么要帮我? 你和他是什么关系? |
[16:43] | Um… Why are you helping me? What… what is he to you? | |
[16:48] | Well, you could say that he made me what I am today. | 这么说吧 是他创造了今天的我 |
[16:52] | And if he ever gets free, he could take it all back. | 他一旦重获自由 就会收回一切 |
[16:57] | We’re being observed. | 我们正被监视着 |
[16:59] | What? There’s nobody here. | 什么?这里没人 |
[17:05] | [bird cawing] | |
[17:07] | [Corinthian] Well, you’ll have to deal with that one. | 你得解决掉那个东西 |
[17:10] | Her name is Jessamy. | 它叫杰茜米 |
[17:12] | She belongs to him. | 梦神是它的主人 |
[17:14] | Best of luck… to the both of us. | 祝咱俩好运 |
[17:18] | Will I see you again? | 我们还会见面吗? |
[17:20] | You should hope not. | 再见面对你可不是好事 |
[17:21] | [car engine starts] | |
[17:23] | [car door opens, closes] | |
[17:35] | [door opens] | |
[17:42] | You can go. | 你们可以走了 |
[17:48] | [cell door closes] | |
[17:50] | [sighs] | |
[17:52] | Are you awake? | 你醒了吗? |
[17:56] | Are you listening? | 你在听吗? |
[18:09] | I know who you are… | 我知道你是谁 |
[18:13] | Dream of The Endless. | 你是无尽梦神 |
[18:18] | I captured you according to the laws of magic. | 我利用魔法抓到了你 |
[18:24] | But it wasn’t you I wanted. | 但我想抓的不是你 |
[18:26] | I wanted Death to return my son Randall, | 我想要死神把我儿子兰德尔还给我 |
[18:30] | who died in the Gallipoli Campaign. | 他在加里波利战役中死了 |
[18:37] | If you give him back to me, alive and well, | 如果你还给我 一个活蹦乱跳的兰德尔 |
[18:42] | I’ll release you. | 我就放了你 |
[18:46] | Is that in your power, Lord of Dreams? | 这件事你能办到吗 梦之主? |
[18:54] | No, I suppose not. | 我想应该办不到 |
[19:00] | So, then, what can you give me? | 既然如此 你能给我什么? |
[19:05] | If I let you go, if I promise to give you back your things. | 如果我放你走 如果我承诺把你的东西还给你 |
[19:08] | What, power? Wealth? Immortality? Hmm? | 你能给我什么? 权力?财富?不死之身? |
[19:16] | Is there nothing you can offer me? | 你什么都给不了吗? |
[19:24] | Well, have it your way then. | 那好吧 随便你 |
[19:27] | And until you’re ready to speak, | 在你愿意开口之前 |
[19:31] | I’ll enjoy the gifts you’ve already given me. | 我会好好享用你已经给我的礼物 |
[19:54] | [Dream] Day after day, he pleaded for gifts | 他日复一日求我给他一些 |
[19:58] | that are not mankind’s to receive nor mine to give. | 人类不应收取 我也不应赠予的礼物 |
[20:04] | So I remained silent. | 因此我只好沉默不语 |
[20:07] | And ten years later… | 十年之后… |
[20:09] | -Enjoy yourself. -Of course. | -祝你玩得开心 -会的 |
[20:10] | …though my presence there remained a secret, | …虽然其他人依然 对我被囚禁在此毫不知情… |
[20:14] | my ruby, sand and helm brought youth and prosperity | (1926年 英国威奇克劳斯) …我的红宝石、沙袋和头盔 为罗德里克伯格斯和他的追随者 |
[20:18] | to Roderick Burgess and his followers. | 带来了青春和荣华富贵 |
[20:21] | [Sykes] Enjoy yourselves. | 祝你玩得开心 |
[20:23] | But for the rest of the world, | 但世界上的其他人… (嗜睡症的悲惨 思维异常、身体功能衰退) …他们的痛苦一直在持续 |
[20:25] | the suffering continued. | |
[20:29] | [Sykes] Alex. | 亚历克斯 |
[20:30] | [jaunty music playing] | |
[20:33] | [sighs] | |
[20:34] | You’re supposed to be working, not reading. | 你现在应该干活 而不是阅读 |
[20:37] | Don’t let your father catch you. | 别被你父亲逮着 |
[20:47] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[20:58] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[21:02] | Excuse me, I’m afraid that there’s no more room inside this evening. | 不好意思 恐怕今晚里面 已经没有地方了 |
[21:06] | -But if you’d all come back tomorrow– -Been out here for hours. We’re not goin’. | -能否请你们明天再过来… -我们都等好几小时了 我们不走 |
[21:10] | But, I’m afraid that the Magus insists. | 可是 恐怕巫师坚持要各位回去 巫师坚持要我们回去? |
[21:12] | Oh, the Magus insists, does he? | |
[21:15] | And who are you to speak for the Magus? Who the fuck are you? | 你谁啊?能代表巫师说话? 你他妈是谁? |
[21:18] | [woman] He’s the Magus’ son. | 他是巫师的儿子 |
[21:20] | [chuckling] You fucking twat. | 你个蠢材 |
[21:23] | And he can do magic too. | 而且他也会法术 |
[21:28] | Can’t you? | 对吗? |
[21:30] | Do you want him to put a curse on you? Hex you and all your unborn children? | 你是不是想让他给你施诅咒? 诅咒你和你所有未出生的孩子? |
[21:34] | No? Then you should leave right now. | 不想?那就马上走 |
[21:39] | -Can we still come back tomorrow? -Can they? | -那我们明天能过来吗? -能吗? |
[21:44] | Yeah. If they bring cash. | 可以 带钱过来就行 |
[21:48] | Well, you heard him. Cash only. | 听见了吧?只认钱 |
[21:51] | Now, piss off. | 赶紧滚吧 |
[21:53] | [people murmuring] | |
[21:57] | Thanks for that. | 谢谢你帮我解围 |
[21:59] | You didn’t need my help. | 你其实不需要我的帮忙 |
[22:01] | I’ll bet you can do magic, can’t you? | 我猜你肯定会法术 对吗? |
[22:05] | Can’t do much of anything, really. | 其实我什么都不大懂 |
[22:08] | That’s not true. | 才不是 |
[22:10] | You’re more powerful than you know. | 你比你以为的要强大 |
[22:14] | You can get me in to see the Magus. | 至少你能带我进去见巫师 |
[22:20] | [Alex chuckles softly] | |
[22:32] | [door opens] | |
[22:35] | [man 1] I’m not staying with that thing one second longer than I have to. | 超过我该看守的时间之后 我不想和下面那东西再多待一秒 |
[22:38] | [man 2] We can’t just leave him alone. | -不能让他独自待着 -为什么?反正他被笼子关着 |
[22:40] | [man 1] Why not? He’s in his cage, isn’t he? | |
[22:42] | [man 2 sighs] Sometimes I wonder about this job. | 有时我对这活儿有质疑 |
[22:45] | [man 1] Really, “sometimes”? | 只是“有时”? |
[22:47] | -I do not have the– -[Alex] Morning. | -我没有… -上午好 |
[22:49] | -You seen Noel and Maurice? -No. | -你见到诺尔和莫里斯了吗? -没有 |
[22:52] | They’re nearly half hour late. | 他们快迟到半个钟头了 我可以…看着他 |
[22:55] | Uh, I could… watch him, | |
[23:00] | until they get here, if you wanted to go. | 直到他俩来为止 如果你们急着要走的话 |
[23:07] | -See you tomorrow. -Cheers, Alex. | -明天见 -再见 亚历克斯 |
[23:14] | [door opens and closes] | |
[23:20] | [eerie music playing] | |
[23:45] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:55] | It’s Alex. The Magus’ son. | 我是亚历克斯 是巫师的儿子 |
[24:04] | See, I don’t know whether you can speak or… | 我不知道你能否说话 |
[24:08] | or even understand me, but | 能否听懂我说的 可是… |
[24:13] | I just wanted to ask… | 我只想问你… |
[24:19] | Are you all right in there? | 你待在那里还好吗? |
[24:28] | [scoffs] | |
[24:30] | No, of course you’re not. | 不好 肯定不好 |
[24:36] | I’m… I’m sorry about all of this. | 我对你的遭遇感到抱歉 |
[24:41] | He’s not a bad man, my father, he… he just… | 我父亲不是坏人 他只是… |
[24:48] | See, if you could bring Randall back, | 如果你能让兰德尔起死回生 |
[24:52] | or… or just give him something, anything. | 或者给他点什么东西 随便什么 |
[24:56] | Or even just speak to him. | 甚至只是和他说句话 |
[24:58] | Then I am sure he would let you out. | 他肯定就会放你走 |
[25:05] | See, I… I would let you out | 换了是我…就会放你走 |
[25:10] | if I could. | 可惜我没这能力 |
[25:15] | [Roderick] You would, would you? | 换了是你就会放他走? |
[25:20] | [both grunt] | |
[25:22] | -What were you doing down there, huh? -Nothing. | -你刚在下面干什么? -没干什么 |
[25:24] | You were plotting his escape, weren’t you? Conspiring against me? | 你在策划怎么让他逃跑是吗? 合谋对付我? |
[25:27] | -Hmm? -No, Father. | 没有 父亲 |
[25:29] | -What did he say to you? -He didn’t say anything. | -他跟你说了什么? -他什么也没说 |
[25:32] | Know what would happen if you let him out? | 你知道放他走的后果吗? |
[25:34] | I won’t, Magus. I promise. | 我不会放他走的 巫师 我保证 |
[25:35] | He’d slaughter you. | 他会宰了你 |
[25:37] | He’d slaughter all of us. Is that what you want? | 会把我们所有人都宰了 你希望看见这种结果? |
[25:40] | Is it? Do you wanna die, Alex? Do you? | 是不是?你想死是吗 亚历克斯? |
[25:42] | ‘Cause if you do, it’s relatively simple. | 你要是想死 这事还挺容易 |
[25:45] | [tapping] | |
[25:47] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[25:48] | [Roderick groans softly] | |
[25:50] | [Ethel] Roddy? | 罗罗? |
[25:52] | What is it? What’s wrong? | 怎么了?出什么事了? |
[25:56] | It’s Jessamy. | 是杰茜米 |
[25:57] | Who’s Jessamy? | 谁是杰茜米? |
[25:58] | I’ve been trying to shoot this wretched bird for ten years now. | 十年来我一直在想方设法 要崩了这只可恶的鸟 |
[26:03] | It can’t be the same bird, can it? | 它不可能还是十年前那只鸟啊 |
[26:10] | -Did he tell you to say that? Did he? Hmm? -No, Father. He didn’t say anything. | -这句话是他教你说的是不是? -不是 父亲 他什么也没说 |
[26:16] | Prove it to me. | 证明给我看 |
[26:17] | Shoot the fucking bird. | 把那只鸟崩了 |
[26:24] | Ethel. | 艾瑟尔 |
[26:26] | [tense music playing] | |
[26:45] | [dramatic music playing] | |
[28:21] | Fucking hell. | 糟了 |
[28:23] | -Shall we call the fire brigade? -We are the fire brigade. Come on. | -要不要叫消防队? -我们自己就是消防队 来吧 |
[28:29] | [dramatic music continues playing] | |
[29:06] | [gunshot] | |
[29:30] | Idiot. You could have shattered the glass. | 蠢材 玻璃搞不好会被你打碎 |
[29:39] | Clear that mess up. | 把那里收拾干净 |
[30:24] | [Dream] The savagery of my captors bespoke a world | 俘虏我的人的野蛮行径表明 |
[30:27] | whose dreams in my absence turned darker still. | 我不在的这期间 世人的梦变得越发黑暗了 |
[30:32] | A world which would soon be at war again. | 世界很快会再次爆发战争 (1926年 英国伦敦) |
[30:36] | A world still ravaged by the disease which doctors named… | (马伦斯医院) 世界仍然在被一种疾病蹂躏 这种疾病被医生命名为 |
[30:41] | encephalitis lethargica. | “昏睡性脑炎” |
[30:44] | I just want to sleep, please. | 我只想能入睡 求你了 |
[30:47] | [Dream] Some begged for sleep that would not come. | 有些人祈求入睡 但就是睡不着 |
[30:51] | Others lived as perpetual sleepwalkers. | 有些人一直梦游 |
[30:54] | Most slept without waking. | 大多数人则一直昏睡 无法苏醒 |
[30:59] | [Alex grunts] | |
[31:01] | [Paul] Sorry, sir. | 抱歉 先生 (一把尘土) |
[31:03] | What’s that you’re reading? | 你在看什么? |
[31:04] | Uh… | |
[31:05] | I’m afraid I’m doing much more sleeping than I am reading at the moment. | 与其说我在看书 不如说我在睡觉 |
[31:12] | Have you read Vile Bodies? | 你读过《邪恶的肉身》吗? |
[31:15] | Now that’ll keep you awake. | 读那本书你肯定不会睡着 |
[31:18] | [glass shattering] | |
[31:24] | [Ethel crying] | |
[31:35] | [door closes] | |
[31:42] | You all right? | 你没事吧? |
[31:46] | Well, I’m going to have a baby. [chuckles] | 我怀孕了 |
[31:49] | [chuckles softly] | |
[31:51] | That’s wonderful news. | 是好事啊 |
[31:56] | [sniffles] | |
[31:58] | He wants me to get rid of it. | 他要我打掉 |
[32:02] | In fact, he’s… calling the doctor right now. | 其实他现在就在…喊医生过来 |
[32:15] | [sniffles] | |
[32:17] | [clears throat] | |
[32:22] | I’ll be fine. | 我不会有事的 |
[32:30] | Not your worry. | 不用你担心 |
[32:57] | [Roderick] What is it? What’s wrong? | 怎么了?出什么事了? |
[33:01] | She’s taken it all. | 她把东西都拿走了 |
[33:03] | The helmet, the pouch, the ruby, the grimoire, | 头盔、沙袋、红宝石、魔法书 |
[33:07] | and 200,000 in cash. | 还有20万现金 |
[33:10] | She’s taken far more than that. | 她带走的可远不止这些 |
[33:12] | Find her. Bring her back here now. | 快去找她 马上把她带回来 |
[33:15] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里? |
[33:16] | To see how badly Dream of The Endless wants out of his cage. | 我要去看看无尽梦神有多想离开牢笼 |
[33:23] | The woman who lives with me has gone | 和我同居的那个女人跑了 |
[33:27] | and robbed me of my fortune. | 还卷走了我的财产 |
[33:31] | She’s also robbed you. | 也卷走了你的东西 |
[33:34] | She’s taken your helm, your sand and your ruby. | 她拿了你的头盔、沙袋和红宝石 |
[33:41] | Now, I can unlock this, you can go after her… | 我可以打开这个笼子让你去追她… |
[33:47] | if you give me what I’ve been asking for. | 前提是你给我我一直想要的东西 |
[33:51] | Wealth, youth, immortality. | 财富、青春、不死之身 |
[33:57] | Oh, you’re a god. These things are nothing to you. | 你是神 这些东西对你来说没什么 |
[34:01] | Don’t you want your weapons and your freedom? | 你不想夺回你的武器重获自由吗? |
[34:08] | Speak to me! Speak to me! Speak to me! | 你给我说话! |
[34:12] | -Come on! Speak to me! -It’s all right, Father. | -说呀!说话! -别动怒 父亲 |
[34:15] | Get away from me. | 你给我滚开 |
[34:17] | If you were any kind of son to me… | 要是你有一丁点像我… |
[34:19] | [Alex grunts] | |
[34:23] | If Randall were alive today– | 要是兰德尔今天还活着… |
[34:25] | If Randall were alive, he would hate you as much as I do. | 要是兰德尔还活着 他会像我一样恨你 |
[34:31] | [groans] | |
[34:35] | [Maurice] Sir? | 先生? |
[34:44] | You’re never getting out of there. | 你永远都休想逃出去 |
[34:49] | Never. | 永远别想 |
[35:00] | Sir, can you hear me? | 先生 能听见我说话吗? |
[35:05] | Sir? | 先生? |
[35:06] | He’s not moving. Is he… | 他没动静了 他是不是… |
[35:12] | [Noel] He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[35:20] | [suspenseful music playing] | |
[36:02] | [Maurice] Don’t do it, sir. | 不要 先生 |
[36:03] | He’ll kill us. | 他会杀了我们的 |
[36:07] | What would your father say? | 你父亲要是活着会怎么说? |
[36:19] | I need to think. | 我得想一想 |
[36:37] | Sir? | 先生? |
[36:40] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧? |
[36:43] | My father, he, uh… | 我父亲 他… |
[36:48] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[36:51] | I’m so sorry, sir. | 我很难过 先生 |
[37:03] | I’m so sorry, Alex. | 我很难过 亚历克斯 |
[37:15] | [Dream] Out of loss, new love was born, | 痛失亲人后 新的爱诞生了 |
[37:20] | as was new life. | 新生命也诞生了 |
[37:22] | For nine months later, Ethel Cripps gave birth to a son. | 九个月后 艾瑟尔克里普斯生下了一个男婴 |
[37:27] | My mum used to say that if I was good, | 我妈妈以前常说 如果我乖乖的 |
[37:31] | when I went to sleep, a man would come, | 等我入睡后 就会有个人出现 |
[37:34] | sprinkle sand in my eyes. | 把沙子撒进我的眼睛 |
[37:40] | Make all of my dreams come true. | 使我的梦想全部成真 |
[37:45] | But the Sandman’s not coming. | 可睡魔就是不来 |
[37:48] | From now on, Johnny, | 从今以后 小约翰 |
[37:51] | you and I are going to have to make our own dreams come true. | 我和你就要靠自己实现我们的梦想了 |
[37:56] | And nothing and no one is going to stand in our way. | 任何人或事都将无法阻挡我们 |
[38:03] | [thunder rumbling] | |
[38:11] | [door opens] | |
[38:18] | [Alex] How is he today, Rogers? | 他今天怎么样 罗杰斯? |
[38:19] | Buggered if I know, sir. | 我也不知道 先生 |
[38:21] | Moved his hand this morning. Right hand. | 他的手今天上午动了一下 右手 |
[38:32] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[38:37] | Alex? | 亚历克斯? |
[38:42] | Hello. | 你好 |
[38:45] | This is my friend, Paul. | 这是我的朋友保罗 |
[38:50] | Paul, this is our unwilling guest. | 保罗 这是被我们强行挽留的客人 |
[38:58] | Look, we’ve been talking, Paul and I, | 我和保罗谈过了 |
[39:01] | and if I let you out, | 如果我放你出去 |
[39:05] | will you promise not to harm us? | 你能否保证不伤害我们? |
[39:12] | If you could just speak to us. | 你只要开口说话就行 |
[39:17] | [Alex] You see, I told you. | 你瞧 我早跟你说了 |
[39:19] | I’m telling you, you have to keep trying. | 你得坚持不懈和他谈 |
[39:23] | Show him that he can trust you. | 让他知道你值得信赖 |
[39:26] | Show him that you mean it. | 让他知道你说话算话 |
[39:30] | I do mean it. | 我说话一定算话 |
[39:35] | Just promise that you won’t harm me or Paul, | 你可以信赖我 只要你保证不会伤害我和保罗 |
[39:40] | and I will let you out. | 我就放你出去 |
[39:44] | [Dream] Should I have believed him this time? | 这次我该不该相信他? |
[39:48] | Should I have forgiven him for murdering my raven? | 我该不该原谅他杀死了我的乌鸦? |
[39:54] | Perhaps. | 或许应该吧 |
[39:56] | But in the end… | 但终究… |
[40:00] | I could not. | 我做不到 |
[40:02] | [elderly Alex] I could have asked you for wealth | 我本可以像我父亲一样 向你要求财富或权力 |
[40:04] | or power, like my father did. | |
[40:08] | But all I ever wanted was to be free of you. | 但我想要的只是摆脱你 |
[40:16] | Surely you want that too. | 你肯定也想摆脱我吧? |
[40:22] | Alex, darling, please. | 亚历克斯 亲爱的 求你了 |
[40:36] | Take me upstairs, Paul. | 把我推上楼去 保罗 |
[40:39] | I won’t be coming down here again. | 我再也不会下来了 |
[41:13] | [cell door closes] | |
[41:16] | Old Dracula here’s not givin’ an inch. | 这德古拉丝毫不肯退让 |
[41:19] | -Why do you call it Dracula? -‘Cause I think it’s one of them Draculas. | -为什么你叫他“德古拉”? -因为我觉得他就是一个德古拉 |
[41:24] | What do you think it is? | 那你觉得他是什么? |
[41:26] | I try not to. | 我没想过 |
[41:28] | You know what I think about? | 你知道我现在想什么吗? |
[41:31] | Majorca. | 马略卡岛 |
[41:33] | Four days… and I’ll be on a beach. | 还有四天 我就会在沙滩上了 (阳光、海与沙滩) |
[41:37] | -Stinking of suntan lotion. -[Ernie] Lucky bugger. | -身上涂满了防晒霜 -你个幸运的家伙 |
[41:41] | I was on Corfu on holiday once. | 我有次在科孚岛度假 |
[41:43] | I met this right fit type at the hotel in the morning… | 早上在酒店遇到了 一个很有吸引力的男人… (金凯家族连胜不止 “我们不卖!”) |
[41:51] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[42:06] | [dramatic music playing] | |
[42:45] | [Ernie] Fred! | 弗莱德! |
[42:48] | Fred, stop it! You’ll… Fred! | 住手!你会…弗莱德! |
[42:54] | Don’t move! Stay where you are! | 不许动!站住! 他手上拿着什么? 小伙子 把手张开 马上! |
[42:56] | [Ernie] What… what’s he got in his hands? | |
[42:59] | Oi! Open your hands, now! | |
[43:30] | Paul? | 保罗? |
[43:48] | -Well, hello. -[meows] | 你好 猫咪 你从哪里来的? |
[43:49] | Where did you come from? | |
[44:07] | [Dream] Hello. | 你好 是你? |
[44:09] | It’s… it’s you. | |
[44:12] | You’re… you’re free. | 你…你逃出来了? |
[44:16] | [Dream] I am. | 是的 |
[44:22] | And you have any idea what it was like? | 囚禁在牢笼里一个多世纪 |
[44:25] | Confined in a cage for over a century? | 你知道这是怎样的经历吗? |
[44:30] | Do you understand the damage you’ve done to your world? | 你是否明白 你们对你们的世界造成的破坏? |
[44:34] | I’m sorry. I… I didn’t know. Please. | 对不起 我…我以前不知道 求你高抬贵手 |
[44:39] | Your punishment, then, shall be a gift. | 既然如此 我给你一个礼物作为惩罚 |
[44:43] | I give you this, | 我给你这个礼物… |
[44:45] | the gift… of eternal… sleep. | 就是…长睡…不起 |
[44:56] | -Alex. Alex, wake up, please. -[shuddering] | 亚历克斯 醒醒 快醒醒 |
[45:01] | [Dream] More than a century of tortured sleep, | 一个世纪备受折磨的睡眠 |
[45:04] | of Dreams and Nightmares running riot | 梦与梦魇胡作非为的漫长时期 |
[45:08] | was coming to an end. | 终于将要结束 |
[45:10] | [Corinthian] He’s free. | 他自由了 |
[45:14] | He’s out of his cage. | 他逃出牢笼了 |
[45:24] | [clears throat] | |
[45:28] | So, I’m afraid I’m gonna have to run. | 所以我得逃了 |
[45:33] | And I’m not gonna stop until I’ve reshaped this world | 但我不会罢休 我一定要重塑这个世界 |
[45:41] | to look just like me. | 使它变得像我一样 |
[46:03] | [Lucienne] Sir. Sir! | 主人 |
[46:08] | Oh, my goodness. | 我的天啊 |
[46:10] | Sir. | 主人 |
[46:12] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[46:16] | It’s Lucienne. | 我是露茜安 |
[46:20] | [Dream gasps] | |
[46:21] | [weakly] Lucienne. | 露茜安 |
[46:24] | You’re home, my Lord. | 你终于回家了 主人 |
[46:27] | I am. | 是的 |
[46:29] | [enthralling music playing] | |
[47:03] | [rumbling] | |
[47:11] | Forgive me, sir, but… the realm, | 原谅我 主人 梦境… |
[47:17] | the palace… | 宫殿… |
[47:20] | they are not as you left them. | 都已不再是你离开时的模样了 |
[47:45] | What happened here? | 这是怎么回事? |
[47:48] | Who did this? | 谁干的? |
[47:52] | [Lucienne] My Lord, you are The Dreaming, | 主人 你就是梦境 |
[47:55] | The Dreaming is you. | 梦境就是你 |
[47:58] | With you gone as long as you were, | 你离开这么久 |
[48:00] | the realm began to… decay | 梦境已经开始…衰败 |
[48:04] | and crumble. | 凋零 |
[48:08] | And the residents? | 居民呢? |
[48:11] | The palace staff? | 宫殿侍者呢? |
[48:13] | I’m afraid most have | 大多数已经 |
[48:17] | gone. | 走了 |
[48:18] | -Gone? -Some went looking for you. | -走了? -有些去找你了 |
[48:23] | And the others? | 其他居民呢? |
[48:26] | They thought, perhaps, you’d grown weary of your duties | 他们认为你可能已经 厌倦了履行你的职责 |
[48:33] | -and– -What? | -于是… -于是怎样? |
[48:37] | Abandoned them? | 于是遗弃了他们? |
[48:40] | Had they so little faith in me? | 他们对我这么没有信心吗? |
[48:44] | Do my own subjects not know me? | 我自己的子民都不了解我吗? |
[48:46] | If I may, sir. | 主人 容我冒昧说一句 |
[48:49] | It wouldn’t be the first time one of The Endless had just– | 假设你真遗弃了他们 那也不是无尽第一次… |
[48:51] | Enough. | 住嘴 |
[48:54] | I will not have Dreams and Nightmares preying on the waking world. | 我不会容许梦和梦魇 在清醒世界胡作非为 |
[48:57] | I will bring them all back. | 我会带他们回来 |
[49:04] | I made this realm once, Lucienne. | 梦境是我造出来的 露茜安 |
[49:10] | I will make it again. | 我有能力再造一次 |
[49:33] | I knew you would return. | 我知道你一定会回来 |
[49:34] | The Dreaming must be restored. | 梦境必须恢复原状 |
[49:37] | You want me to kill the King of Dreams? | 你想要我杀了梦境之王? |
[49:39] | [Corinthian] You just have to trust me. | 你只要信任我就行 |
[49:41] | [woman 1] Whatever’s happening, however it’s happening, | 不管现在发生了什么事 也不管是怎么发生的 |
[49:44] | your dreams are coming true. | 总之我们的梦都在成真 |
[49:46] | [woman 2] I’m worried about my brother. | 我在为我的弟弟担心 |
[49:48] | I need your help. If dreams disappear, then so will humanity. | 我需要你的帮助 梦一旦消失 人类也会跟着消失 |
[49:51] | You have to do something. | 你总得做点什么吧? |
[49:53] | [Matthew the raven] Fuck it! Let’s go to Hell. | 我豁出去了!就去地狱吧 |
[49:57] | What power have Dreams in Hell? | 在地狱里 梦想能有什么威力? |
[50:01] | Nightmares do not belong in the waking world, Corinthian. | 梦魇不应该待在清醒世界 科林斯 |
[50:04] | Oh, turns out I fit right in. | 可我在那里如鱼得水 |
[50:07] | Can I get you anything you desire? | 你渴望什么东西吗?要我帮你吗? |
[50:12] | Your kingdom is my birthright. | 你的王国是我与生俱来的权利 |
[50:15] | Can you imagine the damage he could do? | 你能想象他能造成多大的危害吗? |
[50:18] | [Dream screaming] | |
[50:19] | You don’t think Dreams can die. Let’s find out. | 你觉得梦不可能会死? 那我们就看看吧 |
[50:23] | -Boss! -Still with us, Dream? | -老大! -你还没死吧 梦神? |
[50:25] | [Matthew the raven] Dreams don’t fucking die. | 梦想绝不会死 |
[50:29] | [theme music playing] |