时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:39] | Here, take a swig. | 来 喝一口 |
[01:40] | And don’t backwash. | 别吐回去 |
[01:42] | Shit! Don’t break it. | 可恶 别打破了 |
[01:44] | It’s time for the nuns’ rosary. | 快啊 修女念经的时间快到了 |
[01:46] | -This is 8th-grade history. -Stealing the sacramental wine? | -我们正在创造八年级的历史 -偷圣酒? |
[01:49] | It’s not sacramental till they bless it. | 白痴 还没被赐福就不算是圣酒 |
[01:51] | -All clear! -Are you gonna confess this? | -没人 -难道你想告解不成 |
[01:54] | I’ll tell them I stole something, not what. | 我要告诉他们我偷了东西 又不说是什么 |
[01:58] | Go! Form it up! Form it up, let’s go, boys. | 快去排好队伍 |
[02:01] | Hustle, hustle, hustle! | 快 |
[02:03] | There we go, straight lines. Straight lines. | 排好队伍 |
[02:07] | There you go. | 快点 |
[02:08] | Soprano, DiCarlucci, shake a leg. | 索波诺 狄卡路奇 快 |
[02:10] | Jumping jacks. Ten of them, count them down. | 跳十下 开始倒数 |
[02:26] | DiCarlucci, Barber, Soprano, let’s go! Sync up! | 狄卡路奇 巴伯 索波诺 快跟上 |
[02:31] | What’s so funny? Care to share? | 有什么事那么好笑? 愿意分享一下吗? |
[02:34] | Sorry, Mr. Meskimmin. | 老师 抱歉 |
[02:39] | Okay, kick-outs, boys! | 后踢 |
[02:41] | Floor! Kick! | 趴下 踢 |
[02:43] | Return! Up! | 收脚 起立 |
[02:45] | I’m dizzier than shit! | 我的头晕死了 |
[02:47] | Kick! Return! Up! | 踢 收脚 起立 |
[02:51] | Fuck, here he comes. | 糟了 他来了 |
[02:53] | Whoa, floor, kick, turn, up! | 趴下 踢 收回 |
[02:59] | What’s going on here? | 你们到底在玩什么花样? |
[03:01] | Come on, stand up, on your feet, let’s go. | 起来 快 |
[03:09] | -Man! -I don’t feel so good. | 我不舒服 |
[03:12] | I don’t want any excuses. | 我不听任何藉口 |
[03:14] | Mr. Meskimmin, I gotta go to the bathroom. | 老师 我得上厕所 |
[03:18] | Is that alcohol on your breath? | 你有酒味? |
[03:40] | Hey, how’s the boy? | 还好吗? |
[03:41] | How am I? I got dust up the crack of my ass, and I’m starving to death. | 我还好吗? 我全身都是灰尘 而且我快饿扁了 |
[03:46] | You’re doing an excellent job. Take pleasure in that. | 你干得不错嘛 让自己乐在其中 |
[03:50] | He’s been ragging in my ear all day. I’d like to kill him. Hear that, prick? | 那家伙整天抱怨个不停 真想把他干掉 你听到没 混蛋? |
[03:54] | Get him out of here. Just get him the hell out of here. | 把他赶走吧 |
[03:57] | -Is there a problem? -You made your point. | -有什么问题吗? -你已经表明立场了 |
[04:00] | -I made my point. -You made your point. | -我已经表明立场了? -你已经表明立场了 |
[04:02] | -What point? -Enough with work stoppage. | -我表明什么立场了? -你别再找麻烦了 |
[04:05] | This union safety official | 他是工会派来的安全人员 |
[04:07] | stays until he deems this place is free of hazard. | 工会认为此工地安全无虞 他才会离开 |
[04:10] | -I have the money. -You do? | -我有钱 -你有? |
[04:13] | Christopher, see if he’s paid up his union dues… | 克里斯多佛 打电话给工会 问他的会费是否缴了… |
[04:16] | …then pop a wheel cover to check the brakes. | …然后检查轮胎的煞车垫 |
[04:19] | I’ll get right on it. | 马上办 |
[04:24] | I’ll get your money, okay? | 我会付钱的 好吗? |
[04:26] | We shall return. | 我们会回来的 |
[04:28] | Halle-fucking-lujah! | 真他妈的受不了 |
[04:31] | Give me your cell. I gotta call Carmela. | 手机给我 我得联络卡蜜拉 |
[04:36] | You sure it was them? | 你确定是他们? |
[04:38] | They were drunk in gym class. Byron Barber vomited all over the teacher. | 他们上体育课时喝醉酒 拜伦巴伯吐得老师全身都是 |
[04:42] | I spat it out. | 我根本没喝进去 我全吐出来了 |
[04:44] | Anthony. You’re gonna lie to me now? | 安东尼 事到如今你还想说谎? |
[04:47] | He’s sorry, Father Hagy. He’ll be sorrier when he gets home. | 海吉神父 他现在很难过 而且回家后他会更难过 |
[04:51] | Anthony, why don’t you wait outside? | 安东尼 你出去一下 |
[05:01] | He’s suspended for three days. | 他被停学三天 |
[05:05] | Let me pay for the wine. | 至少让我赔酒钱吧 |
[05:06] | This isn’t just a crime against property… | 偷圣酒不仅是偷窃… |
[05:09] | …it’s an affront to our holy sacristy. | …更是亵渎神明的行为 |
[05:13] | I’ve asked Dr. Galani, our school psychologist, to join us. | 我已要求学校的心理学家葛兰尼加入我们 |
[05:18] | He’s been keeping an eye on Anthony. Meeting with his teachers. | 他注意安东尼已经一段时间了 他已和他的老师谈过 |
[05:22] | Why don’t you pick it up from there, doctor? | 医生 由你来说明吧 |
[05:29] | In many respects, Anthony is a normal, healthy 8th-grader. | 安东尼大体上是个正常健康的八年级学生 |
[05:33] | Sister Patricia, his art teacher… | 他的美术老师派翠西亚修女… |
[05:36] | …thinks he shows strong skills in spatial orientation. | …认为他在某些方面有特殊的天分 |
[05:40] | But the thing is, and it’s not just this one incident… | 但这并不是他第一次出状况… |
[05:44] | …Anthony sometimes has trouble following the rules… | …他有时会不守规矩… |
[05:48] | …weighing consequences. | …无法评估后果 |
[05:52] | At times, doesn’t think before he acts. | 有时无法三思而后行 |
[05:55] | And… | 而且… |
[05:56] | …it’s thought that there’s a good possibility Anthony could be ADD. | …他可能得了ADD |
[06:02] | ADD? ADD? | |
[06:04] | -Attention deficit disorder. -I knew it. | -注意力缺失症 -果然不出我所料 |
[06:07] | -I knew there was something. -What is it? | -我就知道一定有事 -那是什么? |
[06:09] | It’s an aggregate of symptoms. | 一种各式症状的总称 |
[06:11] | Inattention, impulsivity… | 漫不经心 冲动… |
[06:14] | …sometimes, although not always, hyperactivity. | …有时会过动 |
[06:18] | To be sure, we’ll give him a thorough evaluation. | 当然 我们得评估后才能确定 |
[06:21] | He needs a whack upside the head. | 他只需要一个耳光 |
[06:23] | If he’s got an illness? It’s an illness, right? | 他生病了耶 这是一种病 对吧? |
[06:26] | You’d hit somebody who’s sick? You’d hit somebody with polio? | 你想打生了病的孩子? 你会打患有小儿麻痹的孩子? |
[06:33] | You hit Anthony? | 你会打安东尼? |
[06:34] | Nobody gets hit in our house. Not exactly my idea. | 我们家是不打孩子的 不过这不是我的主意 |
[06:39] | What’s happening if you can’t do a little tarantella on the kids… | 孩子不乖时 不能偶尔给他们一点教训… |
[06:42] | …when they step out of line? | …真不知这世界会变成什么样? |
[06:45] | So what happens now? | 现在我们该怎么办? |
[06:46] | He’ll be given a complete battery of testing. | 我们会对他做一系列完整的测验 |
[06:49] | Psychological, behavioral, medical. | 心理学上的 行为学上的和医学上的测验 |
[06:52] | Let me ask you a question. | 我问你一个问题 |
[06:54] | These other kids, you keeping an eye on them? | 你注意过其他孩子吗? |
[06:57] | Are you testing them? The ones that aren’t named Soprano? | 你会对他们做测验吗? 那些不姓索波诺的孩子? |
[07:01] | There’s no immediate plans for that. | 目前还没有这个计划 |
[07:03] | We attend to every child at Verbum Dei according to his own circumstances. | 我们会根据每个孩子的特殊状况加以辅导 |
[07:08] | And so what do we, as the parents, do? | 我们这些做父母都做在什么? |
[07:12] | Nothing? | 什么都没做? |
[07:14] | Oh, no, I mean, Anthony’s misbehaved. He should be consequenced. | 不 我是说安东尼行为不正 需要找出原因 |
[07:21] | It’s a crime! | 岂有此理 |
[07:23] | To suspend that child from school with all the money you give them? | 你给了学校那么多钱 他们还不让那孩子去上学? |
[07:28] | That gym teacher shit a brick | 你同学吐在老师鞋上时 |
[07:30] | when your friend puked on his boots, huh, Anthony? | 他一定气炸了 对不对 安东尼? |
[07:34] | Want to encourage him? | 你想鼓励他 伯伯? |
[07:35] | Whatever happened to “boys will be boys”? | 小孩子本来就淘气 别这么死板 |
[07:38] | He stole from the church. They don’t make them any lower. | 他偷了教堂的酒 这种行为下流透顶 |
[07:41] | -What a loser. -That’s enough out of you. | -你真是悲哀啊 -够了 |
[07:44] | Oh, his father was the same way. | 他老爸也是这样子 |
[07:47] | I practically lived in that vice principal’s office. | 我以前三天两头就得跑副校长室 |
[07:52] | Could we not, please? | 别再说了 行吗? |
[07:53] | You only remember what you want to remember. | 你只会做选择性的记忆 |
[07:57] | Yeah, well, I must’ve had another son… | 我一定有另一个儿子… |
[07:59] | …who stole a car when he was 10 years old. | …他在十岁就会偷车子 |
[08:02] | He could barely see over the wheel. | 连方向盘都会挡住他的视线 |
[08:05] | He was a hellion. Him and his little crew… | 他是个捣蛋鬼 他和他的小同党… |
[08:07] | …they stole lobsters on the boats… | …会偷岸边船上的龙虾… |
[08:10] | …and sold them for a buck on Bloomfield Avenue. | …然后在布伦菲大道上一只卖一块钱 |
[08:13] | Really? | 真的? |
[08:15] | How many times must I say it? I don’t want that talk in front of him. | 我到底要说几次? 不要在孩子面前谈这些 |
[08:18] | That is wrong, and I don’t condone it! | 那是不对的行为 而且我绝不宽待 |
[08:20] | Yeah. Sure. | 那当然 |
[08:22] | -Who are you yelling at? -What? | -你在对谁吼啊? -什么? |
[08:24] | You stupe. | 笨 |
[08:25] | -What did you say? -I didn’t say anything. | -你刚才说什么? -我什么也没说 |
[08:28] | What’s he doing now? What’s going on? | 到底怎么了? |
[08:30] | -He yells at me– -Anthony. | -他对我大吼大叫 -安东尼 |
[08:32] | I thought this could wait till after dinner, | 我以为这件事可以等到吃完饭后再说 |
[08:34] | but your father and I have talked. | 不过我和你爸已经谈过了 |
[08:36] | You are not to play Mario Cart or go skateboarding for three weeks. | 罚你三个星期不准打电动和溜滑板 |
[08:40] | And no TV. | 还有不准看电视 |
[08:43] | You won’t sit on that Internet. | 你也不能上网 |
[08:45] | And every day, you’ll ride your bike to go visit Grandma. | 而且你每天都得骑脚踏车 去银发社区找奶奶 |
[08:49] | Oh, that’ll be nice. | 那倒不错 |
[08:51] | It’s not fair! | 不公平 |
[09:03] | -Some fucking day, huh? -I feel like a bomb went off. | -诸事不顺? -我都快气炸了 |
[09:09] | You know that stuff the doctor said? I never saw any of that in Anthony. | 还记得医生说的那些话吗? 我从没发现安东尼有这些现象 |
[09:14] | You never notice how he picks at the tongue of his shoe? | 你没注意过他怎么玩弄鞋舌? |
[09:17] | Like he can’t help himself. | 好像他无法控制自己一样 |
[09:20] | If he even has this thing. | 是又怎么样 |
[09:22] | Something’s going on. | 事情不太对劲 |
[09:31] | -Carm? -Yep? | -卡蜜拉 -什么事? |
[09:34] | -Do you think he knows? -I don’t know. | -你想他知道吗? -我不知道 |
[09:38] | She knows. | 她知道 |
[09:40] | -Are you–? -Really? | -你是 -真的? |
[09:43] | -What makes you say that? -Are you in–? | -你怎么会这么说? -你是–? |
[09:47] | I don’t know. Things she says. She makes remarks, like this today with him. | 我不知道 她说的话就是很好的例子 |
[09:53] | -Are you in the Mafia? -She talk to you about me? | -你是黑手党吗? -她和你谈过我? |
[09:57] | Talk? To me? | 她哪会和我谈? |
[10:06] | Something happen on that college trip? | 你们在大学之旅途中是不是发生了什么事? |
[10:10] | Happen? | 发生? |
[10:13] | Like what? | 比方说? |
[10:15] | I don’t know, she seemed peculiar when she got back. | 我怎么知道 她回来之后就怪怪的 |
[10:22] | I think pretty soon we’re gonna have to, you know… | 我想不久之后 我们就得… |
[10:25] | …talk to her about the business. | …和她谈谈我的工作 |
[10:28] | Yeah. The two of us should sit down with Meadow. | 对 我们两个应该坐下来和梅朵谈谈 |
[10:32] | Talk as a family. | 就像一家人一样 |
[10:35] | With him, they’ll test him and we’ll see what’s what. | 还有他 他们做了测验之后 情况就会明朗了 |
[10:40] | Right? | 对不对? |
[10:46] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[10:48] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[11:03] | Maybe I don’t want to admit something’s wrong with my kid… | 或许是我不想承认我儿子出了问题… |
[11:06] | …but this sounds like bullshit. | …但我总觉得他们在唬弄我 |
[11:08] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[11:10] | If he’s got a disease, why punish him? | 如果他真的病了 他们为何要我处罚他? |
[11:12] | Isn’t that bullshit? | 这不是在唬弄人吗? |
[11:14] | ADD is a controversial subject. | 注意力缺失症极具争议性 |
[11:16] | Is it a disease, or a way for psychologists to line their pockets? | 它是一种疾病或者只是心理学家赚钱的手法? |
[11:25] | Many children can really benefit by professional intervention. | 许多儿童的确因为专业的介入而受益 |
[11:29] | He got in trouble. | 他只是遇上了一点麻烦 |
[11:30] | So you don’t consider his behavior out of the norm? | 你并不认为他的行为失常? |
[11:33] | No. | 不认为 |
[11:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:39] | What do I know about it? | 这种事我怎么会知道? |
[11:41] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[11:42] | Oh, I gotta spell it out for you? | 难道要我解释给你听? |
[11:45] | Do you see his behavior as a reflection of your own? | 你是否认为他的行为是你的翻版? |
[11:52] | Look, like I said, maybe I don’t want to admit there’s something wrong… | 我说过我可能不愿承认他出了问题… |
[11:57] | …but if he’s got this thing… | …如果他真的生病了 |
[12:00] | …we’ll deal with it. | …我们会处理的 |
[12:02] | If he had polio, we’d deal with it. | 如果他得了小儿麻痹 我们也会处理的 |
[12:05] | You pick up the pieces and you go on from there. | 人总得勇敢面对现实 |
[12:09] | So that’s what we’re gonna do. | 不然能怎样呢 |
[12:20] | Do you want to say anything else about this? | 有关这件事你还想说什么吗? |
[12:28] | Well, last time you were telling me that you had intimate feelings for me. | 上次你说你对我有感觉 |
[12:33] | But you’ve not mentioned it. | 但是你还没提到这件事 |
[12:36] | Intimate feelings? | 有感觉? |
[12:38] | I think I said I was in love. | 我是说我爱你 |
[12:42] | How are you doing with it? | 你如何面对这件事? |
[12:48] | I can’t turn off my feelings because you say it’s a byproduct of therapy. | 情感的事无法说停就停 只因为你说这是治疗的副产品 |
[12:52] | I never said to turn off your feelings. | 我并没有叫你停 |
[12:56] | Well, I already got a girlfriend. | 我已经有一个女友 |
[12:59] | She’s Russian, 24. | 俄国人 今年二十四岁 |
[13:10] | How old are you? | 你几岁? |
[13:13] | It’s interesting it took you so long to tell me you had a girlfriend. | 有意思 你现在才告诉我你有一个女朋友 |
[13:18] | How are you doing with it? | 你如何面对这件事? |
[13:24] | I gotta ask you one more question about my son. | 我还得问你一个有关我儿子的问题 |
[13:28] | You think I should go easy on him now… | 我现在应该收敛一点… |
[13:33] | …or press him harder? | …或是对他更加严厉? |
[13:34] | That’s difficult to say. | 这个问题并不容易回答 |
[13:38] | What, you want a raise, maybe, to figure this out? | 你要多收钱才肯回答? |
[13:46] | Anthony! Anthony Jr., you get up! | 安东尼 起床了 |
[13:50] | Why? I don’t have to go to school. I’m suspended. | 为什么? 我又不用上学 我被停学了 |
[13:54] | You aren’t lying around in bed all day. We’re not running a hotel over here. | 你不能整天赖在床上 家里不是旅馆 |
[13:59] | Get up, have some breakfast! | 快起床吃早点了 |
[14:01] | I don’t want any. I’m not hungry. | 我不想吃 我不饿 |
[14:04] | What you are gonna do today is get up and go rake. | 今天你起床后得去 |
[14:07] | Then pull all of those leaves out of the pool filter. | 捞游泳池过滤器上的树叶 |
[14:10] | You’re gonna do some work around here. | 然后还得做一些家事 |
[14:13] | Mom, where’s my gray jacket? | 妈 我的背包呢? |
[14:15] | I left it downstairs. What’d you do with it? | 我把它放在楼梯 你有拿走吗? |
[14:19] | Hello? | 嗨 |
[14:22] | Anthony Jr., turn off that music! Your father is sleeping! | 安东尼 把音乐关掉 你爸还在睡 |
[14:26] | You said I couldn’t watch TV or play Nintendo. | 你说我不能看电视玩电动 |
[14:29] | -What? -You said nothing about music! | -什么? -你没有说我不能听音乐 |
[14:31] | -Turn it off right now! -Why? | -马上给我关掉 -为什么? |
[14:36] | Your father is sleeping, for chrissake! | 因为我叫你关掉 而且你爸还在睡 |
[14:40] | Mom, I can’t find it. Where is it? | 妈 我找不到背包 到底在哪里? |
[15:03] | Hey, Johnny! | 强尼 |
[15:04] | Johnny, come on! | 强尼 快点出来 |
[15:08] | Uncle Jun, why are you here so early? | 伯伯 你怎么这么早来? |
[15:10] | Anthony, where’s your dad? He said he’d be outside. | 安东尼 你爸呢? 他说他要在外面等我 |
[15:13] | Want me to go get him? | 要我去叫他吗? |
[15:15] | Did you hear the game last night? Joey Pepitone, three RBIs. | 你昨天有听那场球赛吗? 乔伊佩比托尼有三分打点 |
[15:19] | No kidding. My mom made me go to bed. | 了不起 可惜我妈很早就叫我上床睡觉了 |
[15:21] | You miss your bus to school… | 你赶不上校车… |
[15:23] | …you walk through the colored neighborhood. | …你就得走过黑人区去上学 |
[15:26] | Junior! Big fancy car. | 小索 好拉风的车 |
[15:29] | We’re going to my sister’s, and you promised to– | 今晚我们要去我姊姊家 你答应过要带一个– |
[15:33] | Nonstop! Don’t you get sick of yourself? | 说个没完没了 你到底烦不烦啊 |
[15:36] | Dad, could you and Uncle Jun give me a ride to school? | 爸 你和伯伯能载我去学校吗? |
[15:39] | Not now, Tony. You be good, though. | 现在不行 |
[15:41] | Pay attention to what those teachers tell you. | 不过你要乖乖听老师的话 |
[15:49] | -See you, Ma. -Okay. Be good. | -再见 妈 -要乖喔 |
[16:06] | Hey, wait up! | 等等 |
[16:09] | Shit! | 可恶 |
[16:13] | Hey, Rocco! | 洛可 |
[16:14] | Come on, move, move, guys! Move, move! | 快 |
[16:17] | Hey, John, one more day, man! One more day. | 强尼 再一天 |
[16:21] | -There’s gonna be a huge payoff. -I’m gonna kill you! | 竟然敢跑给我追 |
[16:29] | What do you got? | 你有多少钱? |
[16:31] | What the fuck is this? What the fuck are you bringing me here? | 妈的!什么再宽限一天 |
[16:37] | Who are you fucking with, Rocco? | 你想耍谁? |
[16:41] | -Fuck you! -Motherfucker! | 去你妈的! |
[16:44] | You asshole! | 王八 |
[16:46] | What are you bringing to me here? | 你想耍我啊? |
[16:49] | Piece of shit! | 混蛋 |
[16:52] | What the fucking–? | 一堆垃圾 |
[16:55] | Christ! | 天哪 |
[17:06] | You’re up. | 你起床了 |
[17:08] | Who the fuck can sleep with all this shit going on? | 那么吵谁睡得着? |
[17:12] | I thought about Jefferson Airplane this morning. How about that? | 早上我想到杰佛逊飞船 如何? |
[17:16] | 1967. | 1967年 |
[17:19] | -Made me think of my father. -What about him? | -让我想起我爸 -他怎么了? |
[17:24] | First time I saw him whack the shit out of somebody. | 我第一次看见他扁人 |
[17:27] | What made you think about that? | 你怎么会想起这件事? |
[17:30] | Something to do with my son, I think, what’s been going on. | 和我儿子有关 你也知道他最近的状况 |
[17:37] | Why did your father whack the shit out of some guy? | 你父亲为何要打那个人? |
[17:40] | I never saw him do something like that. | 我从没看见他打别人 |
[17:43] | He used to whack us kids around a little. | 尽管他偶尔会打我们这些孩子 |
[17:46] | Really? | 真的? |
[17:48] | Yeah, the belt was his favorite child development tool. | 对 皮带是他最爱的教育工具 |
[17:54] | This was different. | 不过这两者并不相同 |
[17:56] | You could tell he knew what he was doing. | 看得出他知道自己在干嘛 |
[18:00] | How did you feel about your father after that? | 事后你有什么感觉? |
[18:03] | I didn’t want him to do it to me. | 我只希望他不会那样打我 |
[18:05] | Seriously. | 认真点 |
[18:07] | What should I say? I was glad he wasn’t a fag. | 你要我怎么说? 我很高兴他不是同性恋 |
[18:10] | -How did you and your father get along? -Good. | -你和你爸相处的情况如何? -很好 |
[18:14] | He was a good guy, my father. Everybody liked him. | 我爸他是个好人 大家都喜欢他 |
[18:17] | He knew how to have a good time. | 他知道如何享受人生 |
[18:19] | He loved shellfish, clams, oysters. | 他喜欢吃贝类 蛤蜊 牡蛎 |
[18:23] | Taught us how to eat them. | 他教我们孩子怎么吃这些贝类 |
[18:25] | Put some Worcestershire on, suck them down. | 洒上一些辣酱油 然后用力吸 |
[18:28] | It’s good. | 感觉不错 |
[18:30] | My mother never ate anything raw. | 不过我妈并不吃生的东西 |
[18:35] | But he wasn’t around much. | 但他常不在家 |
[18:38] | What did he do for a living? | 他从事什么工作? |
[18:40] | Retail meat and provisions. | 肉类零售和日常用品 |
[18:46] | And a little numbers, extortion, loan-sharking. | 还有勒索和放高利贷 |
[18:49] | How did you feel about that? | 你有什么感觉? |
[18:51] | -How did I feel? -About your father… | -我有什么感觉? -关于你父亲… |
[18:54] | …being engaged in illegal activities? | …从事非法活动? |
[18:58] | You know, I never really knew about it. | 其实我并不知道 |
[19:00] | When did you find out? | 什么时候发现的? |
[19:02] | Who remembers? | 谁记得啊 |
[19:04] | You thought of that incident this morning. | 可是早上你突然想起这件事 |
[19:07] | Are you concerned that your son is going to find out about you? | 你担心你儿子会发现吗? |
[19:11] | Don’t talk to me about legitimate business. | 别和我谈合法企业 |
[19:14] | What about chemical companies? | 那些化学公司呢? |
[19:16] | Dumping that shit into rivers and they got deformed babies popping up all over. | 把废弃物全排放到河里使得到处都有畸形儿 |
[19:22] | Does he know anything? | 他了解你的事业吗? |
[19:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:27] | -Has he asked you? -No. | -他问过你吗? -没有 |
[19:30] | -How will you handle that? -I don’t know. | -你打算处理这件事? -我不知道 |
[19:33] | Did you ever talk to your father about it? | 你和你爸谈过这种事吗? |
[19:36] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[19:44] | No kidding, Tony. That doesn’t sound like Anthony. | 不会吧 东尼 安东尼听起来不像会这么做 |
[19:47] | Yesterday, he’s a boy. Today, I worry about him. | 昨天他还是个小男孩 现在我得开始担心他了 |
[19:50] | Teenagers. | 青少年嘛 |
[19:52] | My daughter gives me feminist shit about this place. | 我女儿老是和我谈女性主义 |
[19:55] | How it “objectifies women.” Shit like that. | 说我在物化女性什么的 |
[19:59] | These girls pull down 1500 a week. | 这些女孩子每星期赚一千五百元 |
[20:01] | This bears no weight with the principessa. | 但她充耳不闻 |
[20:04] | Meadow was one thing, but this is my son. | 梅朵是一回事 但这是我儿子啊 |
[20:07] | Boys are different from girls. | 男生和女生本来就不同 |
[20:10] | Pussy, Kevin and Matt, they ever ask you about this thing of ours? | 普西 凯文和马特问过我们的事业吗? |
[20:15] | I lied through my teeth, but they knew. Fucking nitwits. | 我矢口否认 但这两个傻小子心知肚明 |
[20:18] | They love me anyway. | 不管怎么 他们都爱我 |
[20:21] | It’s hard to raise kids in an information age. | 在这种资讯发达的时代养儿育女是很不容易的 |
[20:23] | You know, to protect them. | 保护他们 |
[20:31] | Hey, what’s up? | 怎么了? |
[20:32] | Who’s got an anniversary or a special occasion? | 谁有结婚周年或是特别日子即将来临? |
[20:37] | What are these, antiques? | 这些是古董表? |
[20:39] | I was picking up the Chinaman’s vig, | 对 我到中国人的地下钱庄那里拿钱时 |
[20:41] | and the FedEx van was wide open. | 看见一辆联邦快递的车门开着 |
[20:43] | The guy went in for a burger. | 他可能是去买吃的之类的 |
[20:45] | No shit, FedEx. They’re usually pretty careful with those. | 得来全不费工夫 联邦快递 平常他们盯着很紧 |
[20:49] | You did this in daylight? | 你在光天化日之下干这种事? |
[20:50] | Nobody saw me. | 反正没人看见 |
[20:52] | That’s interstate commerce. | 这可是州际商务 |
[20:54] | You want to be in prison for a stunt like that, be my guest. | 如果你愿意因为这种愚行而被关上八年 请便 |
[20:57] | I’d take a licking but keep on ticking. | 防水 防震 精确无比 |
[21:00] | I’m getting out of here. | 我要走了 |
[21:02] | Jesus Christ! | 真是天可怜见 |
[21:05] | What’s with his ass? | 他怎么了? |
[21:07] | He’s got a lot on his mind. | 他心事重重 |
[21:12] | What do you think is going on in this one, Anthony? | 你认为这个呢 安东尼? |
[21:16] | I don’t know. How many more are left? | 不知道 这种东西还有几个? |
[21:19] | The quicker you answer, the faster we’ll be done. | 你越快回答我们就越快结束 |
[21:24] | Whatever pops in your mind. | 想到什么就说什么 |
[21:26] | There’s no guy? | 这张没有人 |
[21:28] | Okay, good. Where do you think he is? | 很好 你认为他在哪里? |
[21:33] | Out buying food for the horse? | 去帮马买吃的 |
[21:36] | Anything else? | 还有呢? |
[21:39] | Watching TV, maybe? | 看电视吧 |
[21:42] | Maybe he’s watching South Park. Number one’s on tonight. | 或许他在看”南方四贱客” 今晚应该是播”一号计划” |
[21:45] | Aliens abduct Cartman | 阿趴被外星人绑架 |
[21:47] | and they give him an anal probe and it makes him fart fire. | 外星人帮他装肛门探测器 搞得他屁眼喷火 |
[21:57] | You’re home. | 你在家 |
[21:59] | You know, if it’s bad, the ADD, they put Anthony in special ed. | 若安东尼的测验结果不乐观 他们会让他接受特殊教育 |
[22:06] | The doctors say that? | 医生这么说? |
[22:07] | Doctors don’t know anything yet. They started testing today. | 他们还不清楚 他们在今天下午才开始进行测试 |
[22:11] | I picked up these books at the mall. | 我在大卖场买了这些书 |
[22:13] | Help Me To Help My Child? | “帮我帮助我的孩子”? |
[22:15] | Listen to this. | 你听这一段 |
[22:17] | “About 50% of children diagnosed with ADD… | 大约五成患有 注意力缺失症的小孩… |
[22:19] | …receive help from special education teachers.” | …在学校接受特殊教育老师的辅导 |
[22:22] | We don’t even know that’s what he’s got. | 别紧张 他们根本还不知道他的情况 |
[22:25] | You’re right. Let’s just be ignorant. Why worry about anything now? | 你说得对 咱们什么都别管 现在担心个什么劲儿? |
[22:31] | You blame me, don’t you? | 你在怪我 对不对? |
[22:33] | Who said anything about that? | 谁说我怪你了? |
[22:35] | No, go ahead. You blame me. | 继续啊 你在怪我 |
[22:37] | I blame myself. | 我怪我自己 |
[22:39] | -For what? -For what. | -为什么? -为什么? |
[22:43] | For staying with me? | 因为和我在一起? |
[22:45] | I have two eyes. | 我有两只眼睛 |
[22:51] | Who do we blame our daughter on? | 女儿的事我们要怪谁? |
[22:53] | Straight-A student, National Honor Society, featured soloist in the choir. | 品学兼优 合唱团中的主唱 |
[22:58] | Yeah, this isn’t going anywhere. | 这样吵下去没有结果 |
[23:00] | “Like father, like son,” right? What about “Daddy’s little girl”? | 有其父必有其子 有其父必有其女呢? |
[23:05] | My son’s got your Uncle Lenny in his gene pool. | 我儿子遗传到你和你那个蓝尼叔叔不好的基因 |
[23:08] | Do I blame you for that? | 我曾因此而怪你吗? |
[23:10] | If it helps you. | 如果对你有所帮助的话 |
[23:26] | Hi, Grandma. | 奶奶 |
[23:29] | Well, look who’s here. | 看看谁来了 |
[23:31] | Oh, look at that little face. | 看看你这张小脸 |
[23:36] | Pearl, meet my grandson. | 珍珠 这是我孙子 |
[23:39] | This is your grandson? | 他就是你的孙子? |
[23:40] | He rode his bike all the way over to visit his grandma. | 他大老远骑脚踏车来看他奶奶 |
[23:44] | How do you like that? | 羡慕吧 |
[23:46] | How come he’s not in school? | 他怎么没去上学? |
[23:48] | Because he was a bad boy! | 因为他是个坏孩子 |
[23:51] | Yes, he was, that’s why. | 没错 所以他没去上学 |
[23:54] | He’s a big one! | 他长得又高又壮 |
[24:00] | She had a stroke. | 她中过风 |
[24:03] | Now half her brain is gone. | 脑子已经去了一半 |
[24:06] | So what shall we do? What shall we do? | 现在我们该做什么? |
[24:11] | Let’s see. | 我想想看 |
[24:13] | Let’s play Scrabble. | 我们来玩拼字游戏吧 |
[24:14] | You’d be surprised how good your grandmother is. | 你一定没想到我现在有多厉害 |
[24:18] | I don’t think so, Gram. I’m kind of wiped. | 我不想玩 奶奶 我有点累 |
[24:21] | Oh, you’re a 13-year-old boy. You’re too young to be so tired. | 你才十三岁 年纪这么小怎么会累呢 |
[24:27] | They sent me to a psychiatrist all morning. I took a million tests. | 我整个早上都在心理医生那里 我做了无数个测验 |
[24:31] | A psychiatrist? | 心理医生? |
[24:33] | You know, because I got suspended and everything. | 因为我被学校停学这件事 |
[24:36] | They sent you to a psychiatrist? | 他们要你去看心理医生? |
[24:41] | But that’s crazy. That’s all nonsense. | 这太离谱了 这简直是荒谬到了极点 |
[24:45] | That’s nothing but a racket for the Jews! | 那只不过是犹太人骗钱的招式 |
[24:49] | Dad goes. | 我爸也有去 |
[24:50] | -He does not. -Yes, he does. | -他没有 -他有 |
[24:54] | -He does not. -Yes, he does. | -他没有 -他有 |
[24:56] | To a psychiatrist? | 他去看心理医生? |
[25:00] | He does not. | 他没有 |
[25:02] | He does too. | 他有 |
[25:03] | Why do you say that? That’s ridiculous! | 你怎么会这么说? 这太荒谬了 |
[25:06] | I heard him and Mom talking about it. | 我听到他们在谈这件事 |
[25:09] | What does he need a psychiatrist for? | 他为何要去看心理医生? |
[25:12] | Is it okay if I take that pear, Grandma? | 我可以吃梨子吗 奶奶? |
[25:17] | He goes to talk about his mother. That’s what he’s doing. | 他一定是去谈他的母亲 |
[25:21] | He talks about me, he complains. | 他一定是去抱怨我的不是 |
[25:25] | “She didn’t do this, she did that.” | 抱怨我做这个没做那个之类的 |
[25:30] | Oh, I gave my life to my children on a silver platter. | 我为他奉献我的一生 |
[25:35] | And this is how he repays me. | 他竟如此回报我 |
[25:48] | -Dad, what’s that noise? -Noise? | -爸 那是什么声音? -声音? |
[25:50] | It’s a flat tire. | 爆胎了 |
[25:52] | I asked you to clean the nails from the driveway. | 我不是叫你清理车道上的钉子吗? |
[25:57] | I was praying for something like this. | 我正希望发生这种事 |
[26:00] | I spent too much money on braces for two years… | 两年来我花那么多钱在矫正器上… |
[26:03] | …not to take you to the dentist now. | …现在不能半途而废 |
[26:07] | Maybe we should call the Auto Club. | 或许我们该叫人来换轮胎 |
[26:10] | We change tires at our house. Watch and learn. | 我们家人都自己动手 给我学着点 |
[26:18] | Yesterday, with the psychologist, how’d that go? | 昨天的心理测验如何? |
[26:23] | Okay. | 还好 |
[26:26] | Yeah? What’d you guys do? | 做了什么测验? |
[26:28] | He made me look at pictures. And then I had to say something about them. | 他叫我看了一些图片 然后我必须看图说故事 |
[26:33] | Did you talk about anything interesting? | 你说了些什么好玩的吗? |
[26:35] | That’s kind of between me and my therapist. | 那是我和治疗师之间的秘密 |
[26:38] | He said I don’t have to say anything if I didn’t want to. | 他说如果我不想说就不用勉强自己 |
[26:41] | That’s what we pay extra for at that school? | 我们多付给学校那么多钱 就这样? |
[26:49] | The other night at dinner, you made a remark. | 安东尼 那天晚餐时 你说了不该说的话 |
[26:53] | -No, I didn’t. -Yeah, you did. | -我没有 -你有 |
[26:55] | I’m not mad. I just need to know what you meant by it. | 别怕 我没有生气 我只是想知道 那句话是什么意思 |
[27:00] | I didn’t mean anything. | 没有啊 |
[27:01] | Come on. | 说嘛 |
[27:07] | Kids at school said some stuff. | 同学说了一些话 |
[27:09] | What’d they say? | 他们说了些什么? |
[27:11] | That you were in the Mafia. | 说你是黑手党 |
[27:14] | What do you think? | 你认为呢? |
[27:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:18] | The guys at Uncle Jackie’s funeral. | 杰奇叔叔的葬礼来了那么多人 |
[27:21] | And those other guys writing license plates and taking pictures. | 有些人猛抄车牌号码猛拍照 |
[27:24] | Those were feds, right? Like in Godfather I. | 他们是联邦探员 对吧? 就像”教父”第一集里那些人 |
[27:27] | Uncle Jackie’s funeral. Right. | 杰奇叔叔的葬礼 对 |
[27:31] | I found this page with Uncle Jackie on the Web. | 而且我还在网路上发现杰奇叔叔的事 |
[27:34] | It said he ran some union that ripped off these pension things or something. | 上面说他主导的工会剥削员工的退休金 |
[27:40] | Uncle Jackie was a complicated man. | 杰奇叔叔是个复杂的人 |
[27:43] | -But you loved him, right? -Yeah. | -不过你爱他 对吧? -对 |
[27:47] | You didn’t see me on the Web, did you? | 你没有在网路上看到和我有关的事吧? |
[27:50] | No. | 没有 |
[27:52] | That’s right. | 这就对了 |
[27:55] | Give me a hand so we can get the algae scraped off your teeth. | 快帮忙 我们才能快点去将你的牙垢刮掉 |
[28:01] | I’m going crazy with this shit, what he knows, what he doesn’t know. | 他知道什么 不知道什么 这件事快把我逼疯了 |
[28:05] | He’ll find out eventually. What’s the difference? | 迟早他会发现的 早发现晚发现还不是都一样 |
[28:10] | Me, my father. It’s probably in the genes, right? | 我和我爸 这大概和遗传有关吧? |
[28:14] | You know, this ADD thing. | 注意力缺失症 |
[28:18] | It’s probably genetical. | 或许是会遗传的 |
[28:23] | What about Pussy? | 可是普西呢? |
[28:26] | He’s an acquaintance of mine. | 他是我的朋友 |
[28:28] | This guy is a stone gangster, and he’s got three kids. | 他是一个十足的帮派分子 他有三个孩子 |
[28:31] | One graduated, and two are going to Villanova. | 一个已经从大学毕业 另外两个也将深造 |
[28:33] | -How do you account for that? -Then you got Leopold and Loeb. | -这个你如何解释? -还有里欧普及罗布 |
[28:36] | They murdered this kid for fun… | 他们杀了一个孩子只为了好玩… |
[28:38] | …and their father was a successful businessman. | …而他们的父亲是一个事业有成的生意人 |
[28:42] | Do you hold your father responsible for what you’ve become? | 你认为你进入黑道你父亲需要负责? |
[28:45] | Sometimes I think about what life would’ve been like… | 对 有时我在想 如果他不是帮派分子… |
[28:49] | …if my father hadn’t gotten mixed up in what he got mixed up in. | …我会过着什么样的生活 |
[28:53] | How life would’ve been different. | 现在过着什么不同的生活 |
[28:56] | Maybe I’d be selling patio furniture in San Diego. | 也许是在圣地牙哥卖阳台家具 |
[29:00] | We talked last time about how you felt when you became aware… | 上次我们提到你知道你爸是黑道分子时的感受… |
[29:03] | …of your father’s criminal life. Any more thoughts on that? | …你还有其他的感受吗? |
[29:10] | When you first started therapy, you said you had this dream… | 你开始接受治疗时曾提到你做过有关… |
[29:14] | …about those ducks. | …鸭子的梦 |
[29:16] | They flew away with your penis. It was a bad omen… | 它们衔着你的命根子离去 那是一个凶兆… |
[29:20] | …that something was going to happen in your family. | …你家可能会发生状况 |
[29:24] | Is this the terrible thing? | 所指的就是这件事吗? |
[29:28] | Look, if you know something, please, quit fucking around. | 如果你知道某些事就请直说 |
[29:32] | I think it’s important to remember. | 我认为”记得”是很重要的 |
[29:35] | You said you liked the History Channel. | 你说过你喜欢看历史频道 |
[29:38] | He who doesn’t understand history is doomed to repeat it. | 不了解历史的人注定要重蹈覆辙 |
[29:43] | -Let’s talk about your father. -My father. | -我们来谈谈你父亲 -我父亲 |
[29:53] | Heads up! | 小心 |
[30:04] | Why are you smiling? | 你为何笑? |
[30:05] | Just thinking about my uncle. | 只是想到我伯伯 |
[30:08] | He used to throw the ball with me. | 小时候他常和我玩球 |
[30:10] | The one with whom you have all the static? | 常让你伤透脑筋的那一个? |
[30:15] | Uncle Jun. | 对 我伯伯 |
[30:17] | He was always practicing his curve ball outside in front of the house. | 他总是练投他的曲球 就在我家前面 |
[30:22] | I was probably about 8 or 9. | 当时我大约是八 九岁 |
[30:29] | Then my sister came out. | 然后我姊姊出现 |
[30:31] | The one who lives in California? | 住在加州的那一个? |
[30:33] | Janice. | 对 珍妮丝 |
[30:36] | How does she feel about your parents? | 她对你们的父母有何看法? |
[30:39] | Who cares what she thinks? She calls herself Vishnamantha. | 谁理她怎么想 她为自己取了一个印度教的名字 |
[30:42] | Soprano isn’t good enough for her. Wannabe dot-head. | 她不屑姓索波诺 她就快变成他妈的印度阿三 |
[30:45] | Why were you thinking of your uncle? | 你怎会想起你伯伯? |
[30:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:50] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[30:52] | I’m getting in the car. | 上车 |
[30:54] | Why? Where are you going? | 为什么? 你要去哪里? |
[30:56] | Someplace. | 某个地方 |
[31:00] | Where are you going? Can I come? | 爸 你们要去哪里? 我可以跟吗? |
[31:02] | Your mom wants you to get the screens down to the basement. | 你妈要你帮忙把纱网拿到地下室去 |
[31:05] | No, I want to go with you guys. | 不 我要跟你们去 |
[31:08] | He said no. | 爸说不行 |
[31:09] | Janice… | 珍妮丝… |
[31:11] | …you both won’t be going, you talk to your brother like that. | …不准你这样对弟弟讲话 |
[31:24] | Go on. | 继续 |
[31:26] | My mother was inside, cooking the meat for the gravy, you know, the “red lead.” | 我妈在屋里熬肉汁 用番茄酱 |
[31:31] | Pork bones and veal. It was a Sunday. | 猪骨和小牛肉 那一天是星期天 |
[31:34] | -But you said– -I said we’d see. | -可是你说 -我说再说吧 |
[31:37] | What’s the matter with her? She won’t eat. | 这孩子是怎么搞的 什么都不肯吃 |
[31:40] | You won’t have to get me anything for Christmas… | 你送我这个之后就不用再买圣诞礼物给我了… |
[31:42] | …or tell me to take the trash out. | …也不用再催我去倒垃圾了 |
[31:44] | I shouldn’t have to tell you to take the trash out. | 你早就该自动自发了 |
[31:47] | Why can’t I have this? It isn’t fair! | 我什么时候才会有? 不公平 |
[31:49] | I don’t want to hear about that stupid electric organ! | 我不想再听到你无理取闹了 |
[31:52] | It’s not stupid, it’s fun. | 我没有无理取闹 那玩具很好玩的 |
[31:54] | Enough! He won’t give me a moment’s peace. | 不准再吵了 就是不肯让我耳根子清静一下 |
[31:56] | If Janice wanted it, she’d get it. | 我敢说珍妮丝如果想要 |
[31:58] | She always gets what she wants. | 你们一定会买给她 珍妮丝总是要什么有什么 |
[32:00] | Where were they going? Why couldn’t I go? | 他们今天要去哪里? 我不知道我为什么不能去 |
[32:03] | Your sister does as she’s told. | 那是因为她会乖乖听话 |
[32:05] | Right, I forgot. | 对 我忘了 |
[32:06] | Janice never does anything wrong. She’s just perfect. | 珍妮丝从来都不会犯错 她是个完美的人 |
[32:09] | You’re driving me crazy! | 你快把我气疯了 |
[32:13] | No, I’m not. | 我没有 |
[32:14] | She said what? | 她说什么? |
[32:16] | She was high-strung, very dramatic. | 她很神经质 很容易激动 |
[32:18] | Every night to her is a night at the opera. | 对她而言每一夜都是歌剧之夜 |
[32:21] | I could stick this fork in your eye! | 我真想把叉子刺进你的眼睛 |
[32:24] | She wasn’t gonna do it. | 不过她只是说说罢了 |
[32:27] | Holy shit, that’s why I’m remembering all this. | 难怪我会记得这一些 |
[32:31] | -On account of where they were going. -Where were they going? | -因为他们要去的地方 -他们要去哪里? |
[32:34] | I found out a couple Sundays later. | 我在几个星期后终于知道了 |
[32:37] | The toll now stands at 11 dead and 600 wounded… | 十一人死亡六百人受伤数百间店家… |
[32:40] | …as well as hundreds of businesses…. | …着火… |
[32:42] | Mom, I’m going to the CYO to play ball. | 妈 我要去打球了 |
[32:45] | Take a bat with you, what they’re doing on Springfield Avenue. | 带根球棒去 你看春田大道被搞成什么样 |
[32:48] | –looting and sniper fire along Springfield Avenue continue… | –春田大道一片火海 四处有人趁火打劫… |
[32:52] | …with Mayor Hugh Addonizio placing blame on outside agitators– | …由于市长并未谴责煽动者– |
[33:22] | Come on, Dad, let’s go! | 爸 快一点嘛 |
[33:24] | I’m coming, I’m coming. | 我就来了 |
[33:28] | Keep your sticky fingers off the car. I just waxed the damn thing. | 珍妮丝 你的脏手少碰我的车 我这辆车才刚打过蜡 |
[33:38] | Can I steer? | 可以让我开吗? |
[33:40] | Maybe on the way home, honey. | 回程再说吧 |
[33:55] | Here we are. | 到了 |
[34:07] | Come on. | 走 |
[34:44] | Uncle Jun? | 伯伯 |
[34:47] | Buy something nice. | 买点好东西 |
[34:59] | My heart was broken. | 我的心都碎了 |
[35:01] | You felt your father was showing favoritism. | 你觉得你爸偏心 |
[35:05] | I still remember that feeling in the pit of my stomach. | 我现在都还能感受到那种锥心之痛 |
[35:08] | Did you confront them? | 你有问过他们吗? |
[35:10] | Have you been listening to me? Kids don’t confront in my family. | 你没听到我说过吗? 我家的孩子是不准质问父母的 |
[35:14] | How does this pertain to the situation with your son? | 但此事怎么会与你儿子的情况有关? |
[35:18] | This amusement park is where I found out my father wasn’t like other fathers. | 因为我在那个游乐场发现我爸和其他人的爸爸不一样 |
[35:23] | I took the bus this time. | 这一回我坐公车 |
[35:26] | It was three transfers from Newark. | 从纽华克出发要转三班车 |
[35:30] | I had this candy bar in my pocket. | 我口袋里带着糖果 |
[35:33] | It had sand or lint or something on it. | 上面沾了沙子或棉絮之类的 |
[35:44] | What you doing? Where you spitting? | 你在干什么? 你在吐什么? |
[35:46] | I ain’t doing nothing! | 干嘛? 我又没怎样 |
[35:48] | You threw that wrapper on the floor. | 你有 你乱丢纸屑 |
[35:50] | -Pick it up! -Leave me alone! | -检起来 -少惹我 |
[35:52] | Come back! Pick it up! | 你给我回来 检起来 |
[36:01] | What in the world? | 发生什么事了? |
[36:08] | Stop or I’ll shoot! | 站住! 否则我就开枪 |
[36:10] | You’re under arrest! | 你被逮捕了 |
[36:13] | Stop! | 站住 |
[36:18] | You’re under arrest. | 你被逮捕了 |
[36:20] | My leg! | 我的腿 |
[36:22] | Name was Cicchi Sasso, my father’s cousin on his mother’s side. | 他叫恰基沙索 我爸的表哥 |
[36:25] | Got out of Vietnam on account of cops blew his kneecap off. | 被警察毁了膝盖而不用打越战 |
[36:34] | What’s the matter with you cops? | 你们这些警察是怎么搞的? |
[36:36] | Can’t bring your kid to an amusement park no more? | 带孩子来游乐场玩也犯法? |
[36:39] | Daddy! Daddy! | 爸 |
[36:41] | It’s okay, baby. It’s okay. | 孩子 没事的 |
[36:43] | You go home to Mommy, sweetheart. | 你先回家找妈妈 |
[36:46] | Va fangool, why don’t you go lock up the melanzane? | 为什么不去抓那些放火的暴徒 |
[36:49] | They’re burning down Newark. | 他们烧了Newark |
[37:02] | I want my lawyer. I’m not saying shit to you. | 我什么都不会说的 |
[37:05] | That’s Johnny-boy Soprano! | 那是强尼索波诺 |
[37:11] | Asshole, you’re hurting my wrist. | 混帐 我的手腕好痛 |
[37:17] | Get the fuck in there, Clarabell. | 快进去 小丑 |
[37:23] | He used Janice as a front. They brought their daughters… | 他以我姊当掩护 所有的人也都带女儿去… |
[37:26] | …so that their business looked sweet and innocent. | …所以他们在交易时看起来充满了温馨的气氛 |
[37:29] | That must’ve been devastating. | 那次事件一定带来很大的冲击 |
[37:31] | It turned out it was no big deal. | 结果也没什么大不了 |
[37:33] | To see your father handcuffed and led away by the police? | 看着你爸被警察铐上手铐带走? |
[37:37] | Well, at the time I thought my head was gonna explode. | 当时我以为我会脑袋开花 |
[37:41] | He looked helpless. | 觉得有点无助 |
[37:45] | But when I got home, my mother had a different perspective. | 可是当我回家时 我妈有不同的看法 |
[37:49] | Which made me feel better. | 她的看法让我情绪缓和许多 |
[37:51] | So in her pain, she reached out to you. | 这么说她强忍着伤痛安慰你? |
[37:53] | That’s one way to put it. | 这么说也行 |
[37:55] | Your father may not be home for dinner. Go wash up. | 你爸今晚或许不会回来吃饭了 去洗手 |
[37:59] | -I know. -What do you know? | -我知道 -你知道什么? |
[38:01] | I saw him getting arrested. What did he do? | 我看见他被逮捕 他做了什么坏事? |
[38:04] | He didn’t do anything! They just pick on Italians. | 他什么坏事也没做 他们只是看意大利人不顺眼 |
[38:07] | Still, in my heart, I knew my father was no freedom fighter. | 但我心里明白 我爸并不是自由斗士 |
[38:11] | So he went to jail? | 后然他就入狱了? |
[38:14] | He came home in a couple hours. | 没有 几个小时之后他就回家了 |
[38:16] | We were watching Ed Sullivan. | 当时我们正在看综艺节目 |
[38:29] | Hey! Livia! | 莉薇亚 |
[38:31] | Look who’s home. | 看看谁回来了? |
[38:34] | -What happened? -What happened? | -发生什么事了? -发生什么事? |
[38:36] | I got you cherry vanilla at Nasto’s. | 我到杂货店帮你们买樱桃香草 |
[38:38] | That didn’t take long. Must be in good with the uppity-ups. | 这么快就回来 一定是和条子关系打得很好 |
[38:43] | Let this be a lesson. | 这件事正好给你们上了一课 |
[38:45] | Those stupid cops, they went to the wrong place. | 那些笨警察走错地方 |
[38:48] | Arrested the wrong guys. | 抓错人了 |
[38:50] | How’s my little girl? You all right? | 我的宝贝女儿还好吗? |
[38:53] | -I’m okay. -Good. | -我还好 -那就好 |
[38:55] | Johnny-boy! Hey, Johnny-boy! | 强尼 |
[38:58] | Good for you, Johnny. | 强尼 干得好 |
[39:00] | Show those fucking sons of bitches. | 让那些小子了解你的厉害 |
[39:02] | What’s up, Rocco? | 什么事 洛可? |
[39:07] | So… | 一切… |
[39:10] | …everything okay? | …都还好吧? |
[39:11] | I don’t understand. The man your father beat up… | 我不懂 被你爸打的那个人… |
[39:14] | …was the same one congratulating him? | …就是恭喜他的那个人? |
[39:17] | Yeah. One of them. | 对 其中之一 |
[39:19] | Rocco Allatorre. | 洛可艾拉托瑞 |
[39:22] | Why’d they arrest him? | 他们为何要逮捕你爸? |
[39:24] | He was in violation of his parole. | 他违反他的假释条件 |
[39:27] | Association with known undesirables. | 与不良分子往来 |
[39:30] | But nothing ever happened. It just went away. | 不过这件事不了了之了 |
[39:33] | He’d been in prison? | 他曾入狱过吗? |
[39:34] | He was away when I was a kid… | 有 我小时候他曾被关过… |
[39:36] | …but they told me he was in Montana being a cowboy. | …不过大人告诉我 他是到蒙大拿州当牛仔 |
[39:44] | What? | 怎么了? |
[39:50] | My son is doomed, right? | 我儿子完了 对不对? |
[39:52] | Why do you say that? | 你怎么会这么说? |
[39:54] | This is the part where I’m supposed to tell you… | 这时候我该告诉你… |
[39:58] | …how terrible my father was and the terrible things he did… | …我爸有多么恶劣… |
[40:01] | …and how he ruined my life. | …他如何对待我 如何毁了我的一生 |
[40:04] | But I’ll tell you, I was proud to be Johnny Soprano’s kid. | 但我得告诉你 我以当强尼索波诺之子为荣 |
[40:07] | When he beat the shit out of that guy… | 看过他痛扁那个人之后… |
[40:10] | …I told the class how tough my father was. | …我到学校后就四处宣传我爸有多厉害 |
[40:12] | Is that how your son feels about you? | 你认为你儿子也是这样看待你? |
[40:15] | Yeah, probably. | 大概吧 |
[40:16] | And I’m glad. I’m glad if he’s proud of me. | 如果他也以我为荣 我会很高兴 |
[40:19] | But that’s the bind I’m in. I don’t want him to be like me. | 但这就是我的矛盾之处 因为我不希望他步上我的后尘 |
[40:23] | He could be anything he wants. | 他可以做任何他想做的事 |
[40:25] | He could be like a guy I knew in school. | 可以像我一个高中同学一样 |
[40:27] | His grandfather invented ties for the end of salamis. | 他爷爷在意大利蒜味香肠末端绑了小结后 |
[40:29] | He made millions of dollars. He’s sitting on his ass. | 每天坐在家里翘二郎腿 钱就滚滚而来 |
[40:34] | Have you communicated this to your son? | 这一点你和你儿子沟通过吗? |
[40:36] | Not in so many words. | 很少 |
[40:42] | Probably not at all. | 大概没有 |
[40:45] | What’s the difference? You said it. | 沟不沟通又有何差别? 你自己也说过 |
[40:47] | It’s in the blood. It’s hereditary. | 这是会遗传的 |
[40:50] | Genetic predispositions are only that. Predispositions. | 遗传的倾向并非唯一的倾向 |
[40:54] | It’s not a destiny written in stone. People have choices. | 这不是无法更改的命运 人是有选择的 |
[40:59] | She finally offers an opinion. | 你终于发表了自己的意见 |
[41:01] | Well, they do. You think everything that happens is preordained? | 人类绝对是有选择的 你认为一切都是命中注定的吗? |
[41:05] | You don’t think that human beings possess free will? | 你不认为人类有自由意志吗? |
[41:09] | How come I’m not making fucking pots in Peru? | 为何我不是在秘鲁制陶? |
[41:13] | You’re born to this shit. You are what you are. | 你就是注定要当医生 这是无法更改的 |
[41:17] | Within that there’s a range of choices. | 人拥有许多选择 |
[41:20] | This is America. | 这里是美国 |
[41:22] | Right. America. | 是喔 美国 |
[41:25] | So, Livia, what do you think, huh? | 莉薇亚 如何? |
[41:28] | Okies and misfits, that’s who goes there. | 混不下去的人才会去那里 |
[41:31] | Losers, the Beverly Hillbillies. | 一群没出息的东西 |
[41:33] | So now Rocco Allatorre’s a loser? | 现在洛可也成了没出息的东西? |
[41:36] | I’ve had to rough Rocco up because of money, | 我知道我为了讨债 |
[41:37] | but he’s got a fucking brain. | 我必须向他动粗 但这家伙的脑袋很灵光 |
[41:40] | He’s opening a new book. | 他要去那里展开新生活 |
[41:42] | After that gets up, we get a little cash flow– | 一切稳定之后钱就滚滚而来 |
[41:45] | Oh, Mr. Cash Flow! Big businessman now. | 现在你也成了大生意人了 |
[41:47] | What do you know? You’re scared of your own shadow. | 你懂个屁 你连自己的影子都会吓到你 |
[41:50] | Reno is growing by leaps and bounds, Livia. | 雷诺现在是一日千里 |
[41:53] | It’s a chance to get in on the ground floor. | 现在是去占一席之地的好机会 |
[41:56] | After Rocco gets the book up, he’ll open a supper club. | 等洛可稳定之后 他要开一家超级俱乐部 |
[42:00] | -He wants me to run it. -A supper club? Are you drunk? | -他要我来经营 -超级俱乐部? 你喝醉酒了? |
[42:04] | Jesus Christ Almighty! | 老天爷 你这女人真是不可理喻 |
[42:06] | Fucking albacore around my neck! | 每次都跟我唱反调 |
[42:08] | Every time I try– Me and the kids’ll go without you! | 我会带着孩子去闯天下 |
[42:11] | They are not going anywhere! | 不准你带他们走 |
[42:14] | I’d rather smother them with a pillow than take them to Nevada! | 我宁可用枕头将他们闷死 也不愿让你带他们去内华达 |
[42:18] | Always with the drama! | 别再演戏了 |
[42:27] | Livia, here you are. | 莉薇亚 你在这里 |
[42:29] | Junior, you scared me to death. | 小索 你快把我吓死了 |
[42:32] | I can’t stay, but I didn’t want to let another day go by. | 我无法久留 但我不愿放弃来看你的任何机会 |
[42:35] | Business headaches like you won’t believe. | 事业上的事让我头痛得要命 |
[42:37] | Oh, yeah, you and the other one. With all your headaches. | 对 你和另一个人都很头痛 |
[42:41] | Who, Tony? | 谁? 东尼? |
[42:43] | Don’t be so hard on him. | 你不该对他如此苛责 |
[42:45] | He’s got a lot to learn, but he’s headed in the right direction. | 他还有许多地方有待改进 不过他已经慢慢步入正轨了 |
[42:48] | Where to? Overbrook State Mental Hospital? | 什么正轨? 去州立精神病院? |
[42:52] | What? | 什么? |
[42:55] | Hey, Uncle Jun. How you doing? | 伯伯 你好吗? |
[43:01] | He’s keeping his hair. | 他的情况还不错嘛 |
[43:03] | You see, what a good boy, he comes to visit his mother. | 真是个好孩子 会来探望他的母亲 |
[43:10] | My son’s staying for dinner, Junior. I don’t suppose you have time. | 我儿子会留下来吃晚餐 我想你大概没时间吧 |
[43:14] | You two want to visit each other. | 你们母子俩想好好聊一聊 |
[43:16] | Junior’s very busy these days with his headaches. | 你伯伯这几天忙着头痛 |
[43:21] | Not too busy to shoot the shit with you, Tony. | 不会忙到没空和你话家常 |
[43:24] | We gotta catch a ball game. | 我们该找个时间去看球赛 |
[43:26] | Hey, you got my number. All right. | 对 你知道我的电话号码 |
[43:29] | That man. | 那个人啊 |
[43:31] | He’s so full of himself since becoming caporegime. | 自从当了老大之后就自以为是 |
[43:34] | He makes me sick. | 看了就教人作呕 |
[43:43] | Remember the Allatorres, Ma? | 妈 你还记得洛可吗? |
[43:44] | Oh, why wouldn’t I? | 怎么会不记得呢 |
[43:46] | They moved to Nevada. They’re billionaires now. | 他们搬到内华达去 现在是百万富翁了 |
[43:49] | Oh, that Rocco Allatorre, he was a real go-getter. | 那个洛可真是有冒险犯难的精神 |
[43:53] | -Didn’t Dad want to go with him? -Your father? No. | -爸爸不想和他走吗? -你爸? 当然不想 |
[43:57] | Yeah, he did. I remember you guys talking about it. | 他想 我记得你们曾谈过那件事 |
[44:02] | Allatorre would start a business, Dad would do it with him. | 洛可想另起炉灶 爸爸想和他一起打拚 |
[44:05] | Rocco just got him all worked up, that’s all. | 洛可只是让他蠢蠢欲动罢了 |
[44:07] | What is this with all these questions? | 你为何突然问起这些问题? |
[44:10] | Dad wanted to go with him. | 爸爸想和他一起去 |
[44:12] | You wouldn’t let him. | 是你不肯让他去的 |
[44:14] | Let him? | 让他? |
[44:16] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[44:18] | You just tell me one time your father didn’t do… | 你说你爸哪一次不是… |
[44:22] | …exactly as he wanted. | …如愿以偿 |
[44:25] | I don’t know. Maybe this was his chance to get out. | 我不知道 或许那是他脱离黑道的机会 |
[44:29] | Dad was no choirboy, but maybe with a little bit of support…. | 爸不是完人 但若你肯支持他… |
[44:33] | Mr. Sensitive now. | 这回儿你又成了敏感先生了 |
[44:36] | Well, if it bothers you, maybe you better talk to a psychiatrist. | 如果这件事让你这么困扰 或许你该找个心理医生谈谈 |
[44:45] | What are you talking about, a psychiatrist? | 你在说什么? 心理医生? |
[44:48] | That’s what people do when they want somebody to blame for their life. | 每当有人想抱怨他的人生时 不是都会去找心理医生吗? |
[44:53] | You’re a real stone player, aren’t you? | 妈 你真狠 |
[44:55] | You threatened to smother his children. | 威胁要闷死他的孩子 |
[44:58] | What does that mean? | 你这是什么意思? |
[45:00] | Everybody thought Dad was ruthless, but I gotta hand it to you. | 大家都认为爸是个狠角色 但我认为你才是 |
[45:03] | If you’d been born after those feminists… | 如果你是女性主义者… |
[45:06] | …you would’ve been the real gangster. | …恐怕你早成了大姐大 |
[45:10] | I don’t know what you’re talking about! | 我不懂你在说什么 |
[45:21] | Please, sit. | 请坐 |
[45:22] | I know you’re probably eager to hear the results of our testing. | 我知道两位急于知道测验的结果 |
[45:26] | -How’s Anthony doing? -Good, I think. Don’t you think so? | -安东尼还好吗? -很好 东尼 你认为呢? |
[45:30] | Yeah, I think so. | 对 我也这么认为 |
[45:33] | Well, good. | 那就好 |
[45:36] | Let’s get to it. | 咱们开始吧 |
[45:38] | The good news is, no evidence of learning disability. | 好消息是他没有学习障碍 |
[45:43] | Cognitive function, verbal and nonverbal intelligent testing… | 认知功能 语言和非语言 智力测验… |
[45:46] | …arithmetic and reading evaluation… | …算术和阅读评估… |
[45:49] | -…all within normal range. -Thank goodness. | -…都在正常的范围内 -谢天谢地 |
[45:51] | Got a clean bill of health. | 小儿科大夫的检验报告一切正常 |
[45:54] | No soft sign on the neurological, either. | 也没有任何神经方面的问题 |
[45:57] | That’s all the good news. Why don’t you tell us the bad news? | 说完这些好消息之后何不开始讲坏消息 |
[46:01] | Well, as to whether Anthony has ADD… | 至于安东尼是否患有注意力缺失症… |
[46:05] | …the results were interesting. | …检验结果相当有意思 |
[46:08] | The APA Standard is for the subject to manifest six out of nine… | 根据美国心理学协会的标准受测者如果出现… |
[46:13] | …possible symptoms of ADD. | …九种可能症状里的六种就是患有注意力缺失症 |
[46:15] | In testing, Anthony manifested five of those symptoms. | 安东尼在测验里显示出其中的五种 |
[46:19] | Five, really? | 五种? 真的? |
[46:21] | He often has difficulty awaiting his turn… | 他常会无法耐心等待… |
[46:24] | …is often quote-unquote “on the go,” or acts as if driven by a motor… | …容易冲动… |
[46:29] | …often interrupts or intrudes on others… | …时常打断或是侵犯他人… |
[46:32] | …and often fidgets with hands or feet. | …时常会玩弄自己的手脚 |
[46:35] | He fidgets with hands or feet? | 他会玩弄自己的手脚? |
[46:38] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[46:41] | You mean, like, he fidgets. | 你是说他会心情烦躁坐立难安? |
[46:46] | And that’s a sickness, to fidget? | 这是一种病吗? |
[46:49] | Mr. Soprano, it’s one of nine possible symptoms. | 索波诺先生 这是九种可能症状的其中之一 |
[46:55] | What constitutes a fidget? | 什么会构成坐立难安? |
[46:59] | No, no, what constitutes a fidget? | 不 什么会构成坐立难安? |
[47:02] | So what if he fidgets? Who doesn’t fidget in school? | 如果他在学校坐立难安会怎样? |
[47:06] | The kid’s in puberty. He gets a hard-on every 10 minutes. | 他急躁又怎么样? 青春期的男孩动不动就勃起 |
[47:10] | Anthony is a borderline case. | 安东尼是病情不明朗的案例 |
[47:12] | He’s not a case, he’s a 13-year-old boy. | 慢着 他不是案例 他是个十三岁的男孩 |
[47:15] | Every time you see a problem, you turn it into a disease. | 一遇到问题就说是疾病 |
[47:18] | He’s a kid who made a mistake, and he’ll pay for it. | 他是个孩子 谁犯错谁就得付出代价 |
[47:21] | But he’s gonna be fine. Come on. | 不过他不会有事的 走吧 |
[47:28] | I think he’s right. | 老实说 他说得没错 |
[47:30] | And I don’t think we should have to pay for this testing. | 而且我认为我们不应该为这种测验付钱 |
[47:38] | To oppose this massive force bearing down on Midway… | 尼米兹将军并没有完好的战舰… |
[47:42] | …Admiral Nimitz had no battleships in shape for the fight. | …对抗中途岛附近强大的封锁 |
[47:46] | However, he had the carriers… | 然而他有北极星号… |
[47:49] | …Yorktown, Enterprise and Hornet. | …企业家号和科林斯号等航空母舰 |
[47:53] | This might prove to be the trump card. | 或许他能因此转败为胜 |
[48:23] | Studying? | 你在念书? |
[48:25] | Government. | 政治学 |
[48:29] | It’s not the end of the world, Anth. | 天无绝人之路 |
[48:32] | I’m depressed. | 我好沮丧 |
[48:35] | You’re not depressed. | 你不是沮丧 |
[48:37] | You’re sad because you did something stupid, and you got grounded. | 你难过你愤怒因为你做了蠢事 而且你还被禁足 |
[48:41] | You can’t watch TV or play on your computer for a couple weeks. | 两个半星期不能看电视上网路 |
[48:44] | It’s gonna stay like that. | 规定就是规定 |
[48:48] | It isn’t fair. | 不公平 |
[48:50] | You got that right. | 没错 |
[49:04] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[49:06] | What’s it look like? | 你说呢? |
[49:10] | Can I have one too? | 我可以要一份吗? |
[49:12] | This one’s yours. | 这一份就是要给你的 |
[49:15] | Gonna need sprinkles. | 要加点碎糖果吗? |
[49:22] | You want nuts? | 要加坚果吗? |
[49:23] | Yeah. M&M’s? | 要巧克力吗? |
[49:50] | Pretty good. | 好吃 |