时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:44] | What do you hear? What do you say? | 听到什么?怎么说? |
[01:50] | Welcome home. | 欢迎归来 |
[01:51] | Youngstown, my ass. Look at this guy. You look like you were in Miami. | 杨斯镇 去他的 看看这人 你看起来像在迈阿密 |
[01:55] | -Yeah, you look like you were in Miami. -Good to be home, skip. | -你看起来像住在迈阿密 -回家真好 |
[01:58] | What can I get you, Paulie? | 你要什么 保利? |
[02:00] | After four months inside? How about laid? | 关了四个月?爽一下如何? |
[02:07] | -lt’s Papillon. -Hello, Sil, how are you? | -是蝴蝶 -席尔 你好吗? |
[02:09] | I heard you were getting laid all the time. | 听说你在里面天天都爽到 |
[02:12] | -C’ome here, you little prick. -Hello, C’hrissy. | 过来 你这小变态 克里斯 |
[02:14] | Let’s have a drink. | -喝一杯吧 -来 |
[02:16] | C’ome on, pass them back. | 来 传到后面 |
[02:19] | -Hey, over here. -There you go. | -这儿 -来 |
[02:22] | All you guys! | 敬大家 |
[02:24] | Salute. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[02:27] | Just a second. | 等一下 |
[02:51] | My song. | 我的歌 |
[02:55] | Welcome home. | 欢迎归来 |
[02:59] | C’ome on. | 来吧 |
[03:01] | What the fuck? Why is this his song? | 搞什么鬼?为什么这是他的歌? |
[03:05] | Paulie, say hello to Brian C’ammarata, C’arm’s cousin. | 保利 这是布莱恩卡玛拉塔 卡蜜拉的表弟 |
[03:08] | He’s a financial guy. | 做财务的 |
[03:10] | -How you doing, kid? -So, just back from college? | -你好吗 孩子? -刚从学校回来 嗯? |
[03:15] | Let me talk to Paulie for a sec, all right? | 让我和保利谈一下 好吗? |
[03:18] | Nice meeting you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[03:21] | Have a seat. | 坐 |
[03:24] | How you doing? You okay? | 你好吗?还好吧 |
[03:26] | Just thank God that piece of shit from Youngstown finally copped to that gun. | 感谢上帝那个杨斯镇的家伙 最后认了那把枪 |
[03:30] | I could’ve been wearing an orange jumpsuit till l’m 90. | 不然可能我到九十岁 都还得穿着囚服 |
[03:34] | Well, you’re home now, that’s the important thing. | 你现在回家了 这才重要 |
[03:37] | Here, get back on your feet. | 来 帮你开始 |
[03:40] | Thanks, T. | 多谢了 东尼 |
[03:42] | Not that I don’t appreciate it… | 不是我不感激 |
[03:45] | but I could’ve used a boost when I was gone, too. | 但我不在时 其实也需要一点帮忙 |
[03:48] | Fucking bills. Then there’s Ma with the private home care. | 可恶的帐单 还有妈在私立安养院的费用 |
[03:52] | You know she almost lost her spot at Green Grove? | 你知道她差点失去 在绿林的位子? |
[03:55] | An extra $5,000 it cost me just to hold her place. | 花了我五千才保住她的位子 |
[03:58] | You’re here 30 seconds, you already got a fistful of cash… | 你才回来三十秒就收到了一笔钱 |
[04:01] | not to mention the no-show jobs I got for you. | 更不用说我替你找的闲缺 |
[04:04] | -You’re right, Ton’. I know. -Enjoy the party. | 你说的对 东尼 我知道 |
[04:06] | I will. | -享受派对吧 -我会的 |
[04:23] | Were you having dinner at Citris last year… | 去年你和塞提斯吃晚饭时 |
[04:25] | when a man threw a drink in Richard Cross’ face? | 有位男士向里查克罗斯 泼了饮料是吗? |
[04:29] | Yes. | 是 |
[04:30] | Subsequent to that incident… did Mr. Cross telephone Rusty Arnold? | 这事件后 克罗斯先生是不是 打了电话给洛斯提阿诺? |
[04:35] | Yes. | 对 |
[04:37] | And the following day… were you informed that the man in question… | 第二天 你是不是知道 |
[04:41] | had suffered a fractured skull? | 这个人脸骨折了? |
[04:44] | Your honor, objection. This whole line of questioning is irrelevant. | 庭上 抗议 这整串的问题都无关 |
[04:48] | Overruled. You may answer, Miss Costello. | 驳回 请回答 卡斯泰洛小姐 |
[04:52] | I don’t think I’m supposed to, Judge. | 法官 我不认为我该回答 |
[04:54] | I just made my ruling, you are required to answer. | 我已命令你需要回答 |
[04:58] | But isn’t there some law about testifying against your husband? | 不是有法律说不能 做不利于先生的证词? |
[05:02] | Excuse me? | 对不起? |
[05:05] | Richard and I were married the night before last in Reno. | 理查和我昨晚在雷诺结婚了 |
[05:09] | Your honor… the defense requests a conference in chambers. | 庭上 辩方要求私下会谈 |
[05:15] | We’ll stand in recess for 15 minutes… | 我们休息十五分 |
[05:18] | while the court confers with counsel in chambers. | 和律师在讨论室商议 |
[05:21] | Bailiff, will you escort the jury out? | 法警请配同陪审团退出 |
[05:23] | Did she say anything to you about this? | 茱莉有告诉你这件事吗? |
[05:29] | What we saw in that courtroom is a transparent attempt by Richard Cross… | 我们在庭上目睹的是 里查克罗斯明显企图 |
[05:33] | to subvert the intent of the marital privilege. | 用婚姻特免权来推翻一切 |
[05:36] | Hey, she’s his wife. | 她是他老婆 |
[06:08] | Where are my pants? | 我裤子呢? |
[06:11] | There’s some mouthwash and shit in the back. We’ll go get breakfast. | 后面有漱口水 我们去吃早餐 |
[06:15] | Oh, aspetta, I’ll go with you. | 我和你们一起去 |
[06:18] | Any investment advice for an ambitious young man such as myself? | 对我这样野心的年轻人 有任何投资建议吗? |
[06:22] | Buy land, l guess. God ain’t making any more of it. | 买土地吧 上帝不会再造更多土地 |
[06:25] | That’s what Will Rogers said. | 威尔罗杰斯也这么说 |
[06:27] | It’s true, my house is worth nearly triple what I paid. | 真的 我的房子现在涨了三倍 |
[06:30] | Location’s the key, right? Otherwise you get stuck with shit. | 地点最重要 不然就会被垃圾拖累 |
[06:34] | Sometimes there’s money in shit. | 有时垃圾里也有黄金 |
[06:37] | How do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[06:40] | -Nothing, I don’t know. -We’re just talking here, come on. | -没什么 我不知道 -我们在聊天 别这样 |
[06:43] | I don’t know. Some guy I went to school with, this black guy… | 我一位黑人同学 |
[06:47] | we worked one summer for this not-for-profit housing group. | 我们有个夏天一起在 非营利的住宅团体打工 |
[06:51] | Told me about some scam his minister was involved with up in Harlem. | 告诉我他的牧师涉入的一件诈欺案 |
[06:55] | I read about this. Forgazee Mortgage Loans or something, right? | 我看过这个报导 房屋贷款什么的 |
[06:59] | -Actually, you ever hear of HUD? -Housing development, yeah. | -你听说过住宅都市发展部吗? -住宅发展 有 |
[07:03] | HUD was set up to help minorities and low-income families to be homeowners. | 设立住宅都市发展部是为了帮助 低收入及少数族裔 |
[07:06] | There are more programs for these deadbeats, I swear to C’hrist. | -拥有房子 -给这些没望的人 |
[07:10] | If the feds guarantee the home mortgage, | 只要联邦政府保证房屋贷款 |
[07:13] | the banks figure, why not? They’ll loan the money. | 银行就会借钱 |
[07:14] | You get a front man to buy houses in some crummy neighborhood. | 你找个幌子在烂区域买房子 |
[07:17] | Talking about some real shitboxes. Maybe they’re worth $100,000 apiece. | 真的很烂的地方 也许十万一栋 |
[07:22] | Next, you tie up with some non-profit organization who goes to HUD… | 下一步 和某个非营利组织合作 由他们去向发展部说 |
[07:27] | and says they intend to buy these houses from your stooge. | 要向你的傀儡买这些房子 |
[07:30] | They’re gonna convert them to homes for working-class blacks, blah-blah-blah. | 要将房子改建给 上班族黑人做住家 |
[07:33] | Thing is, though…. | 重点是 |
[07:46] | All right, sit tight. I’m gonna be a while. | 好 你慢慢等 我要一会儿 |
[07:48] | I’ll be over here. | 我会在这儿等你 |
[08:20] | Maurice and I met in college. All the way to the University of Michigan… | 墨利斯和我在大学认识的 |
[08:22] | to make friends with a guy who lived 20 blocks away from me. | 老远跑到密西根大学去结交 |
[08:25] | You should’ve seen the Jew-fro on this guy. | -住在我家二十条街外的朋友 -你该看看他的长发 |
[08:29] | Out to here. | 到这儿 |
[08:31] | So, Maurice, Ron tells me you’re from down Roseville Street. | 墨利斯 小罗告诉我你是 从罗斯威尔街来的 |
[08:35] | My father was a typesetter for the Star-Ledger. | 我爸是明星记事报的排版工人 |
[08:38] | -No shit? -Sixth and Orange. | 真的?六街和橘街? |
[08:41] | Then we were practically neighbors. | 我们本来是邻居 |
[08:43] | Yeah, that’s why he moved. | 那就是我们搬家的原因 |
[09:01] | -Hello. -C’armela, it’s me, Furio. | -喂? -卡蜜拉 是我 浮利欧 |
[09:04] | I guess l missed you this morning, I was in the bathtub. | 今早没碰上你 我在洗澡 |
[09:08] | The reason I call… I leave my sunglasses in some place, I don’t know. | 我打电话来是因为找不到 我的太阳眼镜 |
[09:13] | You’re kidding. Let me have a look around. | 真的 我替你找找看 |
[09:18] | So how is everything? How’s your dad? | 一切都好吗?你爸怎么样? |
[09:22] | Not so good. | 不太好 |
[09:24] | But I get the pictures from the housewarm finally. | 我终于拿到了庆祝新居落成 那天的相片 |
[09:27] | Good, bring them next time. | 好 下次带来 |
[09:29] | I will. | 我会的 |
[09:30] | There’s a pretty one of you. | 你有一张很漂亮 |
[09:35] | That’s sweet. | 你真好心 |
[09:38] | I don’t see the glasses, Fur’. | 我没看到太阳眼镜 |
[09:43] | That’s okay, I probably leave them home. | 没关系 我大概放在家里了 |
[09:45] | All right. If I find them, I’ll give you a call. | 好 如果我找到就打电话给你 |
[09:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:51] | I see you soon. | 再见 |
[10:00] | The summer of ’67, we’re both home on break. | 六七年的夏天 我们放假回家 |
[10:03] | I’m interning at the state legislature and he…. What were you doing? | 我在州政府实习 他在你在做什么? |
[10:09] | -East Newark Food C’o-op. -Right. | 东纽瓦克食品公司 |
[10:10] | But come July– | 对 然后七月时 |
[10:14] | The Newark riots. | 纽瓦克暴动 |
[10:16] | What a fucking summer that was. | 好乱的一个夏天 |
[10:18] | Later that year, Maurice and I helped | 后来那年墨利斯和我 |
[10:20] | organize one of the first black voting drives. | 组织了第一个黑人投票巡回 |
[10:23] | Maurice, were you around for Anthony lmperiale? | 墨利斯 安东英培尔那时你在吗? |
[10:26] | The White Knight? | 白武士? |
[10:27] | Around? Who do you think he was fighting against? | 在不在?你以为他在对抗什么? |
[10:30] | ”ltalian pride, keep Newark white.” | “义大利之傲” “让纽瓦克只有白人” |
[10:33] | Aspiring Klansmen, some of those boys. | 有抱负的三K党人 那些人 |
[10:36] | So this group you got now, the Urban Housing League. | 你现在这个团体 都市房屋联盟 |
[10:39] | What’s the story there? | 是做些什么呢? |
[10:40] | Like many non-profits… we’ve fallen on hard times. | 像许多非营利事业一样 我们状况艰苦 |
[10:45] | Republican administration, | 共和党主政 |
[10:47] | plus a proliferation… of new charities post 9l1 1 . | 还有很多九一一后增生的新慈善团体 |
[10:50] | Sounds like you got a lot to talk about. I’m gonna hit the showers. | 看来你们有很多可谈的 我去冲澡 |
[10:53] | Maurice, nice meeting you. Same here. | -墨利斯 很高兴认识你 -我也是 |
[11:00] | I took the liberty of filling Maurice in on the broad strokes. | 我告诉墨利斯大致情形 |
[11:02] | Okay, we got a guy, Dr. Fried, he’s a urologist. | 我们有个弗莱德医生 泌尿科医生 |
[11:06] | We’ll give him $500,000 of our money. | 我们会给他五十万 |
[11:08] | Have him grab up these four houses on Garside Street… | 让他在加塞街买四栋房子 |
[11:11] | for $1 25,000 apiece. The old First Ward. | -十二万五一栋 -旧第一区 |
[11:14] | Once we own the houses, we got an appraiser who’ll play ball. | 一旦我们买下这房子 会找愿意合作的人鉴定估价 |
[11:17] | He’s gonna re-appraise them in the $300,000 range. | 他会重新估价这些房子在 三十万附近 |
[11:20] | What you do, Maurice, is take the phony appraisals to HUD. | 墨利斯你呢 就拿着这些 假估价去找都市房屋部 |
[11:23] | Tell them your urban housing thing wants to buy up these shitholes. | 告诉他们你的都市房屋联盟 想买这些烂房子 |
[11:27] | C’onvert them to low-cost housing for working families. | 将它们改造为给蓝领家庭的 低成本住宅 |
[11:30] | Once HUD guarantees the mortgage app, you take it to the bank. | 一旦都市房屋部给予房贷保证 你拿去银行 |
[11:33] | They cut a check, and we work it up nice. | 他们给了支票 我们就圆满完成 |
[11:37] | At which point, I assume my organization fails to make the mortgage payment. | 这时 我假定我的组织 会无法煤交贷款 |
[11:41] | Unforeseen construction delays and repeated vandalism… | 无法预期的建筑延宕 不断发生的恶意破坏 |
[11:44] | force the project into dissolution. We all walk away from the houses. | 迫使计划瓦解 我们放弃房子 |
[11:48] | Your cut’ll be in the 10 percent of the profit range. | 你的部分是利润的百分之十 |
[11:51] | My office’ll write a letter in strong support of your application. | 我办公室会写信 强力支持你的申请 |
[11:55] | Sounds about right. | 听来不错 |
[12:04] | Tony, good. You’re still here. | 东尼 很好 你还在这儿 |
[12:09] | ls there a problem? | 有问题吗? |
[12:10] | No problem, I just wanna talk to you. | 没问题 我要和你谈谈 |
[12:12] | You remember that time in Atlantic C’ity? | 你记得那次在大西洋城? |
[12:16] | You brought lrina, your old girlfriend? | 你带了你的旧女朋友艾琳娜来? |
[12:18] | Yeah, the cystic fibrosis thing, the fundraiser. | 那个胆囊纤维什么的募款会 |
[12:23] | God. This is awkward. | 老天 这真尴尬 |
[12:27] | Irina and I are seeing each other. | 艾琳娜和我现在在一起 |
[12:29] | What? You’re fucking kidding me. | 什么?你在开玩笑吧 |
[12:33] | I met her that night at the fundraiser. I gave her my card. | 募款会那晚我碰到她 |
[12:35] | She was having some problem with her landlord. | 她和房东有些问题 我给了她我的名片 |
[12:38] | She called me months later, | 几个月后她打给我 |
[12:40] | after you two broke it off…-one thing led to another– | 在她和你分手后 然后 |
[12:42] | lt’s ancient history. | 别紧张 那是以前的事了 |
[12:47] | All right, take it easy. I wanted to tell you. | 我一直都想告诉你 |
[12:49] | I feel like I owe you an explanation. | 我觉得欠你一个解释 |
[12:51] | What am I, her father? You’re both adults. Enjoy yourself. | 我又不是你老爸 你俩都是成人 好好享受 |
[12:55] | It’s more than that. I care for her. | 不只是那样 我喜欢她 |
[12:58] | Very deeply. Roz and I are separated. | 很喜欢她 萝兹和我分居了 |
[13:02] | The heart wants what the heart wants, l guess. | 心知道它要什么 |
[13:05] | The heart also wants what the dick wants. | 心也知道老二要什么 |
[13:08] | Okay, who’s gonna scrub my back? | 谁要替我搓背? |
[13:12] | Ralph, you steal my water? | 瑞夫 你偷了我的水? |
[13:24] | Man, I love this song. | 我爱死这首歌了 |
[13:26] | The C’hi-Lites. The best. | “Chi-Lites” 是最棒的 |
[13:30] | Believe it or not, The C’hi-Lites were signed to the same label… | 信不信由你 很多人把他们 |
[13:34] | as Tommy James and them damn Shondells. | 跟汤米詹姆斯和香黛尔 相提并论 |
[13:36] | See, a lot of people think that, but they’re wrong. | 很多人这么认为 但他们错了 |
[13:39] | C’hi-Lites were on Brunswick. | 他们是不能比较的 |
[13:44] | See you soon. | 再见 |
[13:47] | So, Tony, anyway…. | 东尼 |
[13:50] | Look, she’s a great girl. | 她是个好女孩 |
[13:52] | Beautiful girl, a little needy. | 美丽的女孩 有一点黏人 |
[13:55] | Frankly, I’m glad to have her off my payroll. | 老实说 我很高兴不必再养她了 |
[13:58] | Thanks for understanding. | 谢谢你的了解 |
[14:00] | Wish you nothing but the best, bro. | 祝福你 小罗 |
[14:11] | Dr. Fried, you are now the legal owner. | 弗莱德医生 你是合法的屋主了 |
[14:13] | Eat my dust, Donald Trump. | 唐诺川普 把你比下去了 |
[14:25] | -Hey, Adriana. -Jesus C’hrist! | -艾德莲娜 -老天 |
[14:28] | Why don’t you go haunt a house or something? | 你怎么不去鬼屋装鬼 |
[14:30] | -It’s been a while, figured I’d check in. -So you crawl up my ass? | -好久不见 看看你好不好 -你在跟踪我吗? |
[14:37] | What do you want, Robyn? | 罗苹 你要怎样? |
[14:40] | I heard Paulie Gualtieri’s out of jail. | 我听说保利高提耶利出狱了 |
[14:43] | -What do I know? -How does C’hristopher feel about that? | -我怎么知道? -克里斯多佛对这事怎么样想? |
[14:46] | C’hristopher likes Paulie, they’re friends. | 克里斯多佛喜欢保利 他们是朋友 |
[14:49] | ls that a crime now, too? | 现在这也犯法吗? |
[14:53] | How is C’hristopher anyway? He looked tired last time l saw him. | 克里斯多佛好吗? 上次看到他时 他看来很疲倦 |
[14:57] | If you’re gonna turn me into a traitor, fine… | 你想叫我做叛徒 没问题 |
[14:59] | but do me a favor and stop asking about him like you give a shit how he is. | 但别一副你在乎的样子 来问候他 |
[15:03] | How is he doing with his drug problem? | 他的毒瘾问题怎样了? |
[15:06] | He doesn’t have a drug problem. | 他没有毒瘾问题 |
[15:09] | How are you doing, Ade? | 你好吗?艾德莲娜? |
[15:14] | -Really. -I’m fine. | -真心的 -我很好 |
[15:17] | We’re both fine. | 我们都很好 |
[15:20] | As a matter of fact, we’re thinking of finally getting married. | 事实上 我们准备结婚 |
[15:28] | You have a good time today? | 今天玩得好吗? |
[15:30] | Yeah, it was cool. I love the ocean. | 很不错 我很爱海边 |
[15:39] | Feel like taking a ride? | 想去兜兜风吗? |
[15:44] | See that church? | 看到那间教堂? |
[15:47] | Your great grandfather helped build that almost 80 years ago. | 八十年前你曾祖父帮忙建造的 |
[15:50] | He was a stonemason, the old man. | 他是位石匠 |
[15:52] | C’ame over from Avellino with $4 in his pocket. | 从阿维里诺来时口袋里只有四元 |
[15:55] | Yeah, but I saw in a book where you could get a hotel room… | 但我在书上看到 |
[15:58] | for, like, 10 cents a week then. | 那时住一周旅馆只要一毛钱 |
[16:00] | Room service must’ve been, like, one or two cents a meal. | 客房订餐大概只要一两分钱 |
[16:04] | Room service? We’re talking about history here, A.J. | 客房订餐?我们现在谈的是历史 |
[16:07] | Your family’s history. Newark’s history. | 你家庭的历史 纽瓦克的历史 |
[16:10] | -Who gives a shit about Newark? -I’m making a point. | -谁在乎纽瓦克? -我在建立论点 |
[16:14] | This neighborhood used to be beautiful. Hundred percent ltalian. | 这一区以前很美 百分之百义大利人 |
[16:19] | The 1920s, most of them right off the boat. | 一九二零年代 他们大部分直接下船过来的 |
[16:21] | Most ltalians couldn’t even find a church that wanted them. | 大部分义大利人找不到 愿意接受他们的教堂 |
[16:25] | So what did they do, did they cry? | 所以他们怎么办?哭吗? |
[16:26] | Did they go to the government with their hand out? No. | 向政府伸手吗? |
[16:29] | They took care of their own problems. | 不 他们自己解决问题 |
[16:32] | They said, ”You don’t want us here? Fine. We’ll build our own, a better one.” | 说”不要我们进你的教堂?好啊 |
[16:34] | Look at all these buildings around here. | 我们建自己的教堂 更好的一座” 看看这儿的房子 |
[16:38] | Most of them are falling down into the ground. | 大部分都倾颓了 |
[16:41] | But that church is still standing. | 但教堂还好好的 |
[16:43] | You know why? | 你知道为什么? |
[16:45] | The bricks? | 砖块? |
[16:49] | ‘C’ause our people give a shit, that’s why. | 因为我们的人在乎 那就是为什么 |
[16:52] | Every Sunday, ltalians from the old neighborhood drive miles… | 每周日 老邻里的义大利人 |
[16:54] | to come here to pray. | 开很远的车来这儿祈祷 |
[16:57] | They keep this place alive. | 让这地方活下去 |
[16:59] | So how come we never do? | 那我们怎么从没来过? |
[17:04] | Buy land, A.J., ’cause God ain’t making any more of it. | 安东尼 买土地 因为上帝不再造出更多土地了 |
[17:10] | This is advice I’m imparting to you as your father. | 这是我以父亲身分给你的建议 |
[17:37] | Now what? | 现在怎样? |
[17:41] | Are you afraid? | 你怕了吗? |
[17:43] | Right, like I haven’t seen places like this before. | 对 像是我没看过这种地方似的 |
[17:51] | See those houses over there? | 看到那些房子吗? |
[17:56] | I’m buying them. | 我要买下它们 |
[17:58] | Those crappy ones? What for? | 那些烂房子?为什么? |
[18:01] | For an investment. | 投资 |
[18:03] | What have I been saying? | 我一直在说什么来着? |
[18:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:06] | Real estate. Buy real estate. | 房地产 买房地产 |
[18:13] | Dad, the black dude’s coming over. | 爸 黑人来了 |
[18:18] | -Hey, what’s up? -What’s up? Five-O? | -什么事? -怎么样?警察吗? |
[18:22] | Yeah, I’m Starsky and this is Hutch. | 我是史塔斯基 这是哈奇 |
[18:25] | Smoke, crack, or crank? | 抽海洛因还是毒品? |
[18:27] | No, thank you, we’re just having a look around. | 不 谢了 我们只是看看 |
[18:29] | -No eyeing if you ain’t buying, man. -Thought this was a free country. | -不买没得看 -这是自由国家 |
[18:32] | Unless you want something, motherfucker, get the fuck off our street. | 除非你要买 混蛋 离开我们的街道 |
[18:36] | The language on you. You blow your father with that mouth? | 嘴别这么脏 你用那张嘴吹你老爹喇叭吗? |
[18:39] | What the fuck you say to my sister? | 你对我姐说什么? |
[18:41] | Relax, I don’t want trouble. I’m showing my son the old neighborhood. | 放轻松 我不想惹麻烦 我只是带我儿子看看旧邻里 |
[18:45] | This is our neighborhood now. Guinea motherfucker. | 现在这是我们的社区 你这个义大利混蛋 |
[18:50] | Yeah, l can see that. | 对 看得出来 |
[18:58] | So that’s a crack ho. | 那是个毒窟 |
[19:01] | Keep your fucking cracker ass off my motherfucking block! | 滚出我们的街 |
[19:04] | C’ome on, ease up. | 别这样 别激动 |
[19:06] | She’s really gonna marry him? | 她真的要嫁给他? |
[19:08] | -What is wrong with this girl? -C’ome on. | 这女孩有什么问题? |
[19:10] | Moltisanti’s a great catch. | 别这样 莫特桑提是条大鱼 |
[19:13] | Tall, dark, and sociopathic. | 又高又黑又反社会 |
[19:17] | From a strategic standpoint, do the nuptials help us or hurt us? | 从策略角度来看 这桩婚事对我们有助还是有害? |
[19:22] | lf they do get married… brings them closer, obviously. | 如果他们结婚 会让他们更亲近 |
[19:27] | And by extension, gets her closer to Tony. | 当然也连带让她更接近东尼 |
[19:30] | lt could cause her to stop cooperating. | 可能引发她停止合作 |
[19:33] | The guilt becomes overwhelming. Remember Angel Diletto? | 罪恶感太过强烈 记得安琪迪雷托? |
[19:37] | I think it’s more likely to have the opposite effect. | 我认为会有相反效果 |
[19:39] | His problems really become her problems. | 他的问题成了她的问题 |
[19:43] | lf they have kids, that’s even more pressure. | 如果他们生孩子 就有更大压力 |
[19:46] | The Dilettos never had kids. | 迪雷托没有孩子 |
[19:48] | I wouldn’t count on children. | 我不会依赖孩子 |
[19:50] | She’s had some issues. Female trouble. | 她有妇科方面的问题 |
[19:54] | Maybe Darwin was right. Nature really does weed out the nimrods. | 也许达尔文是对的 劣者会被自然淘汰 |
[19:58] | So what do we do, people? Yay or nay? | 我们怎么做 各位? 是还是不是? |
[20:00] | Supportive or discouraging? | 支持还是阻止? |
[20:02] | lf anyone objects to this marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace. | 有人反对这桩婚事 请现在说 否则就永远沉默 |
[20:06] | I say neutral or supportive. | 我说中立或支持 |
[20:08] | Even if we discourage it, she’ll go through with it anyway. | 即使我们阻止 她还是会进行的 |
[20:11] | Agreed then. They have our blessing. | 同意了 我们祝福他们 |
[20:14] | To the happy couple. | 敬快乐的新人 |
[20:25] | These doctors own so much property. | 这些医生有好多地产 |
[20:29] | You’re going to buy four houses on Garside Street? | 你要在加塞街买四栋房子? |
[20:34] | You’ve certainly got your work cut out for you. | 你可有很多工作要做 |
[20:37] | One day at a time. | 慢慢来 |
[20:38] | Keep on keeping on. | 不断向前走就对了 |
[21:11] | Tony. C’ome on in. | 东尼 进来 |
[21:17] | You know, it really would’ve been better if we met over at Denny’s. | 你知道 在外面餐厅碰面会比较好 |
[21:22] | What are you worried about? I was in the neighborhood. | 你担心什么?我正好在附近 |
[21:25] | So, what’s up? C’an l get you something? | 怎么样?要喝什么? |
[21:28] | Scotch, right? | 威士忌? |
[21:33] | I sent some of my guys down there to start gutting the place. | 我叫人去那儿开始拆房子了 |
[21:36] | Turned out one of the houses was a crack den. | 其中一间是个毒窟 |
[21:38] | -So? -What, ”so”? | -所以呢? -什么所以? |
[21:41] | We got to get them out of there. | 我们得驱逐他们 |
[21:42] | Why didn’t your guys roust them? | 你的人怎么不赶走他们? |
[21:44] | Oh, nice. Bunch of white guys setting off caps in the ghetto. | 好极了 一群白人在贫民窟闹事 |
[21:48] | That won’t attract any attention at all. | 不会引起注意吗? |
[21:51] | What do you want me to do? | 你要我怎么做? |
[21:53] | Exert some influence, make some calls. | 展现影响力 打打电话 |
[21:55] | Get the donut squad to go down there and roust the shitbags. | 叫警车去那儿赶走那些混混 |
[21:58] | Tony, it’s not that easy– | 东尼 那不是 |
[22:01] | Hello, Tony. | 东尼 |
[22:06] | How you doing, hon? | 你好吗? |
[22:08] | I’m very good. | 我很好 |
[22:11] | No, I’m very well. Thanks you very much. | 不 我很好 谢谢你 |
[22:15] | She’s taking a class at the community college, English as a Second Language. | 她在社区学院上课学英文 |
[22:21] | You sound great. | 你听起来很好 |
[22:28] | Ronnie, I’ll go make some lunch, some egg salad? | 小罗 我去做午餐 鸡蛋沙拉 |
[22:31] | Great. You hungry? | 很好 你饿吗? |
[22:33] | No. | 不 |
[22:35] | Go light on the mayo. | 少加点美滋 |
[22:43] | Look, | 听着 |
[22:45] | when you’re dealing with squatters’ rights… | 对付占屋者权利 |
[22:48] | or anything having to do with the homeless… it can get very tricky. | 或是游民相关的事情 会很麻烦 |
[22:52] | Homeless? They’re a bunch of fucking crackheads. | 什么游民?我亲眼看到 他们是毒虫 |
[22:55] | I understand they’re gumming up the works. | 我了解 他们附着在那些地方 |
[22:57] | But try to see the big picture. The HUD approval came through. | 但请着眼大处 房屋都市发展部已经核准了 |
[23:01] | ln two weeks, we’re gonna be looking at a huge windfall. | 二周后就会见到横财 |
[23:03] | See, that’s why you’re a politician and not a businessman. | 这是为何你是政客不是商人 |
[23:08] | Maximum value is the big picture. | 要着眼在最大获利 |
[23:11] | There must be $7,000 of copper pipe in there, | 那儿至少有七千元的铜管 |
[23:14] | if they haven’t taken it out already. | 如果还没被拿走的话 |
[23:16] | I still don’t know what you expect me to do about it. | 我还是不知道你要我做什么 |
[23:18] | Okay, all right. | 好吧 |
[23:21] | We’ll take the $7,000 out of your end? | 我们从你那份里扣七千? |
[23:24] | -Well, no, but– -C’ome on, Ronnie. | -不行 但 -别这样 小罗 |
[23:26] | University of Michigan. | 密西根大学 |
[23:28] | Fucking figure it out. | 你想办法解决 |
[23:36] | Good dinner, baby. | 宝贝 晚餐很棒 |
[23:44] | C’hristopher. | 克里斯多佛 |
[23:48] | Let’s get married. | 我们结婚吧 |
[23:50] | Whoa! | 哇 |
[23:52] | Where’d this come from? | 这打哪儿说起? |
[23:54] | I don’t know. It’s gonna be two years we’re engaged. | 我们订婚快两年了 |
[23:58] | Let’s just go down to C’ity Hall. | 我们去市政府公证吧 |
[24:00] | C’ity Hall? What are we, schwugs? | 市政府?我们这样算什么? |
[24:04] | You said you wanted a big wedding anyway. | 你说过要盛大婚礼 |
[24:07] | I don’t care about that shit. | 我才不在乎 |
[24:10] | I just want you. | 我只要你 |
[24:12] | It’ll be cheaper anyway, we could buy a house. | 这样比较省钱 我们可以买房子 |
[24:17] | Plus, a wife… | 再加上 |
[24:19] | can’t testify against her husband. | 太太不能做不利于先生的证词 |
[24:28] | You can’t have a club, stay out all night getting high when you have a kid. | 你生孩子就不能经营俱乐部 熬夜 嗑药 |
[24:42] | What if we didn’t have kids? | 如果我们不要小孩呢? |
[24:43] | Fuck that! What’s the point of being married? | 操!那干嘛结婚? |
[24:46] | I mean, what if we can’t? If l can’t? | 如果我们不能有小孩? 如果我不能生? |
[24:50] | Would you still love me? | 你还会爱我吗? |
[24:53] | Of course I’d still love you. | 我当然会爱你 |
[24:57] | Why? | 为什么问? |
[25:06] | There’s something you should know. | 我该告诉你一件事 |
[25:12] | A long time ago, years ago… I had a medical procedure. | 很久以前 我动过手术 |
[25:18] | It was before we met. | 在我们认识之前 |
[25:21] | My uterus got pierced. | 我的子宫穿孔 |
[25:24] | -Both of them? -There’s only one. That’s ovaries. | -两个都有? -子宫只有一个 你说的是卵巢 |
[25:28] | So what does that mean? You can’t get pregnant? | 这什么意思 你不能怀孕? |
[25:31] | My doctor said it might be hard. | 医生说可能很难 |
[25:33] | A friend gave me the name of a specialist in Manhattan. | 我朋友介绍一位 在曼哈顿的专科医生 |
[25:35] | You knew you were damaged goods and you never fucking told me? | 你知道你是受损货物 而从未告诉我? |
[25:41] | -How could you call me that? -Jesus fucking C’hrist! | -你怎能那样说我? -老天爷 |
[25:43] | How could you lie to me like that? | 你怎可以那样骗我? |
[25:45] | I tried to tell you once. I wanted to. | 我试着告诉过你一次 我很想告诉你 |
[25:48] | I was afraid that you wouldn’t propose. | 我怕你因此不会求婚 |
[25:51] | You don’t get it, Adriana. | 你不懂吗? |
[25:52] | I don’t have a son, the Moltisanti name ends! That’s it! | 我没儿子的话 莫特桑提一脉就到此为止 |
[25:56] | -We could adopt. -Yeah, that’s great! | -我们可以领养 -好极了 |
[25:58] | Some kid with chinky eyes called Moltisanti! | 某个斗鸡眼小孩姓莫特桑提 |
[26:01] | He’d get his ass kicked every day! | 每天都会被欺负 |
[26:03] | You said you’d still love me. That doesn’t mean I’ll fucking marry you! | -你说你还会爱我 -但不表示我会娶你 |
[26:21] | She’s a great girl, C’hristopher. You don’t want to lose this one. | 她是个好女孩 克里斯多佛 你不想失去她 |
[26:27] | T’s right. You could have more kids than the Kennedys… | 东尼是对的 你可以生比甘乃迪 更多的孩子 |
[26:31] | if you’re married to some twat, what good is it? | 但如果娶了个笨女人 有什么好处? |
[26:34] | Gotta have balance in a relationship. | 要好好平衡关系 |
[26:36] | I know all that. But what if the kid thing never happens? | 我都知道 但如果真的生不出来? |
[26:40] | C’ome on, medicine today? Technology? | 现在的科技和机器 |
[26:44] | You want my advice? | 你要我的忠告? |
[26:46] | And this is nothing about Ade or anybody else. | 这和艾德莲娜或任何人无关 |
[26:49] | Stay single as long as you can. | 还是维持单身比较好 |
[26:52] | C’ome on, what are you saying? | 你在说什么? |
[26:54] | No offense, but ask me, marriage and our thing don’t jive. | 无意冒犯 但婚姻和我们的生意不合 |
[26:58] | Everybody we know is married. | 我们认识的每个人都结婚了 |
[27:00] | Not everybody. | 不是每一个 |
[27:03] | -You love her, right? -Yeah. You know. | -你爱她吧? -对 |
[27:08] | Then do the right thing. | 那就做对的事 |
[27:10] | When the shoe was on the other foot, your spleen… | 情形倒转过来 当你的脾脏有问题时 |
[27:13] | she stood by you, right? | 她曾支持你 不是吗? |
[27:17] | Do you want to end up like my uncle Junior? | 你想得到像伯伯那样的下场吗? |
[27:19] | Or worse, like Paulie? | 或是更糟 像保利一样? |
[27:24] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[27:33] | All right, thanks. I’ve got to think about it. | 谢谢 我要想一想 |
[27:35] | All right. | 好 |
[28:46] | -Ron! -Hi, Lenore. | -小罗 -拉娜 |
[28:48] | What a nice surprise. We’re overdue for that dinner, the four of us. | -真是个惊喜 -我们四人吃饭 |
[28:50] | -We absolutely are. -Here they come. | -该一起吃顿饭 -真的 |
[28:52] | We’re late for practice. He’s in the den. | -来了 -练习要迟到了 |
[28:56] | Okay, thanks. | -他在书房 -谢谢 |
[29:04] | The fact is, Mo, these people are criminals. | 事实是 大部分这些人是罪犯 |
[29:07] | Drug addicts and dealers who’ve been occupying that house illegally. | 毒虫和药头 他们非法占据房子 |
[29:10] | What about the police? Get the seller, the urologist, | 警察呢?找那个买房子的 叫什么来着?那个泌尿科医生 |
[29:14] | -to make the call. -They’re crack addicts. | -打个电话 -这些人是毒虫 |
[29:16] | They’ll be back there living in two hours. | 赶跑二小时后就又回去了 |
[29:17] | The deal was for me to effectuate the purchase of these houses, period. | 说好我使房屋买卖生效 如此而已 |
[29:21] | I realize that. Nobody mentioned anything about violence. | -我知道 -没人提到暴力行动 |
[29:24] | We renounced it, remember? | 等到艾尔掬穿开裆裤时 |
[29:26] | Then Eldridge went into the codpiece business. | 我们宣布放弃 记得吗? |
[29:29] | I’m in a bind here. What do you expect me to do? | -我进退两难 墨利斯 -我很感谢 |
[29:32] | -Get some of your people to handle it. -What people? | -但我能怎么办? -叫你的人处理 |
[29:34] | Well, we can’t send whites in there. | -什么人? -我们不能叫白人去 |
[29:38] | People of color. You run a youth gang outreach program, don’t you? | 黑人 你不是有个少年帮派协助团体? |
[29:43] | -I’m on the board, Ron. -Fine, I understand. | -我只是董事会成员 -算了 我了解 |
[29:46] | Take the $7,000 this is costing out of your end then. | 那这七千元从你的部分扣? |
[29:49] | C’ome on. You know what I pay in child support to my first wife. | 别这样 你知道我要付前妻 孩子养育费 |
[29:52] | The chances I’m taking with this. | 我已经为这事 |
[29:54] | I’m putting it all on the line if I get caught. | 冒了很大险 |
[29:56] | Get some kids, gangbangers, whatever, you throw them some money. | 你有一些混帮派的孩子 给他们点钱什么的 |
[30:01] | When you think about it from a policing standpoint… | 由警方看来 |
[30:02] | it’s one group of recidivists beating on another. | 只是一组罪犯 打了另一群 |
[30:05] | Stop trying to justify it. | 别想没理说成有理 |
[30:08] | lt’s about the $7,000. | 都跟七千元有关 |
[30:16] | Let me tell you something else. | 我再告诉你一件事 |
[30:18] | Guys like Tony, you don’t fool around with these people. | 你不会想和东尼这种人乱来的 |
[30:32] | My son… | 我儿子 |
[30:35] | I don’t know what he understands. | 我不知道他懂什么 |
[30:37] | l’m trying to tell him about the immigrants. | 我试着和他说移民的事 |
[30:40] | He’s talking about room service. | 他讲到客房订餐服务 |
[30:41] | We need to talk about your recent behavior in here. | 我们需要谈谈你最近在这里的行为 |
[30:46] | -Your angry tirade? -You want to talk about that now? | 你发飙的事 |
[30:48] | That was weeks ago. | 你要现在谈?那是三周前的事 |
[30:51] | It was my judgment that at the time | 这是我的判断 当时 |
[30:53] | you were in crisis about Gloria’s suicide. | 你因葛萝利雅的自杀陷入危机 |
[30:59] | Didn’t you get the flowers I sent? | 你没收到我的花? |
[31:01] | Your behavior was unacceptable, Anthony. | 东尼 你的行为不能被接受 |
[31:05] | You cannot have these outbursts and expect to redeem yourself… | 你不能那样发飙 |
[31:08] | with an FTD bouquet. | 然后期待用”送花到府”来赎罪 |
[31:11] | l’m sorry, all right? | 对不起 好吗? |
[31:13] | lt’s good that you’re sorry, but no, it’s not all right. | 你道歉是很好 但不是这样就好了 |
[31:17] | We’ve been down this road before. | 我们以前讨论过这件事 |
[31:19] | I know. The fact that you’re angry is fine. | -我知道 -你愤怒没关系 |
[31:24] | And it’s okay to talk about your anger. | 谈论你的愤怒也很好 |
[31:27] | But when it manifests itself in physicality… | 但明显以肢体方式表现时 |
[31:30] | it becomes unacceptable. | 就无法被接受 |
[31:33] | I never laid a finger on you. | 我从没动过你一根汗毛 |
[31:34] | You loomed. | 你逼迫过来 |
[31:37] | You threw my tissue holder. | 丢了面纸盒 |
[31:39] | Then I picked it up. | 然后我捡了起来 |
[31:44] | -I was very upset. You lied to me. -I did not lie to you. | -我很生气 你骗我 -我没有骗你 |
[31:48] | You withheld information about a very sensitive subject. | 你保留了敏感话题的资讯 |
[31:54] | All right, look. | 听着 |
[31:56] | I know what I did was wrong. Okay? | 我知道我做的不对 好吗? |
[32:01] | And you may not believe this…but I did exercise impulse control, | 你也许不相信 但我做了控制 |
[32:05] | and I have been controlling my anger. | 我一直在控制我的愤怒 |
[32:08] | This thing with my son, I went to show him the old neighborhood… | 还有和我儿子那件事 |
[32:10] | and we got accosted by these crackheads. | 我带他去看旧的邻里 被毒虫搭讪 |
[32:13] | One of them had a gun. The other one threw a bottle at my car. | 其中一个有枪 另一个向我车子扔瓶子 |
[32:17] | Now it may not sound like much, but l let it go. I drove away. | 听起来没什么 但我让它过去 我开车走了 |
[32:21] | Well, in the future, I’ll ask that you extend to me… | 在未来 我要请你对我 |
[32:25] | the same courtesy you would a crack addict. | 也像你对毒虫一样礼貌 |
[32:37] | All right, as long as we’re being truthful here, you know, opening up? | 好 既然我们在老实说 |
[32:42] | I’ve been holding a grudge against you for recommending that Wendi Kobler… | 我很气你推荐我那个温蒂柯伯勒 |
[32:47] | that half-assed adolescent shrink. | 半调子的少年心理医生 |
[32:49] | That stupid bitch almost sent my daughter to Barcelona. | 那笨女人几乎把我女儿送去巴塞隆纳 |
[32:57] | You’re right, it’s no excuse. | 你说的对 这不是借口 |
[33:03] | I knew I hit something last night when I turned off the road. | 我知道昨晚转上路时我撞到了东西 |
[33:08] | Up and at them, Lieutenant. | 上尉 上面 |
[33:10] | How was your ride? | 旅程如何? |
[33:12] | -Busted brake line. -Yeah, what’s it look like? | -刹车线坏了 -看起来像什么? |
[33:15] | Like a busted brake line, man. | 像是坏了的刹车线 |
[33:17] | -Good morning, honey. -Can you fix it, B.A. ? | -早安 亲爱的 -你能修好吗? |
[33:20] | Gonna try. Thanks, Hannibal. | 我会 谢谢 汉尼拔 |
[33:23] | -I need those. -What do you need my tools for? | -我需要那些? -你要我的工具干嘛? |
[33:26] | Going to get my hands on the tape that’ll prove Calvin Cutter’s a murderer. | 让我拿到证明卡文克特 是杀人犯的带子 |
[33:30] | I won’t leave the county without proof. | 我没拿到证据前不会离开这个县 |
[33:32] | The tape won’t do us good if we can’t get out of the county with it. | 如果我们不能离开这个郡 这带子对我们没用 |
[33:46] | Listen, I’ve been doing some thinking… | 我想了很多 |
[33:49] | the kid thing and all. | 孩子这些事 |
[33:52] | I’m not happy that you lied to me. | 我不高兴你骗了我 |
[33:54] | But I think I want to try and deal with it. | 但我会试着接受这事 |
[34:00] | Really? | 真的? |
[34:03] | I love you, Adriana. I want you in my life. | 我爱你 艾德莲娜 我要你在我生命里 |
[34:07] | I love you, too, C’hristopher. | 我也爱你 克里斯多佛 |
[34:20] | Are you high? | 你嗑药了? |
[34:22] | You gotta start with that now? | 你现在要吵这事? |
[34:25] | -I just want to be sure it’s real. -It is real. | -我只要确定这是真的 -是真的 |
[34:28] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[34:37] | When can we get married? | 我们何时能结婚 |
[34:39] | I was thinking maybe our anniversary, we could go to Vegas. | 或许在纪念日时 我们可以去拉斯维加斯 |
[34:53] | Vegas? Want to get married by some Elvis impersonator? | 拉斯维加斯? 你要假扮猫王的人证婚? |
[34:57] | -We would save money at least. -No, it’s a sacrament, Ade. | -至少能省钱 -艾德莲娜不行 这是圣礼 |
[35:00] | Why don’t we have it here? All your friends could come. | 为什么不在这儿结婚? 你的朋友都能来参加? |
[35:02] | We’ll have it in the great room, or in the yard even, if it’s nice out. | -是吗? -对 在大房间里办 |
[35:05] | We can have Artie cater it. | 或是在后院 如果天气好的话 可以请亚瑟做外烩 |
[35:08] | l think C’hristopher will ask Tony to be his best man. | 克里斯多佛要请东尼当伴郎 |
[35:11] | I am sure he will be honored. | 我相信他一定觉得很荣幸 |
[35:13] | -Does your mother know? -You’re the first person I’ve told. | -你妈知道了吗? -我第一个告诉你 |
[35:16] | We’ll decorate the whole house with mums. | 我们用菊花来装饰全屋 |
[35:19] | Believe me, you will not save any money in Vegas. | 在拉斯维加斯省不到钱的 |
[35:21] | My cousin Jackie and her husband Tommy, $60,000 at blackjack. | 我表妹贾姬和她先生汤米 玩二十一点输了六万元 |
[35:27] | -I’m getting married! -I know! | -我要结婚了 -我知道 |
[35:39] | Give me some of that. | -怎么? -给我一些 一支 |
[35:55] | Remember, just shoot the ceiling and shit. No 187 s. | 记住 只向屋顶射 不要乱射 |
[36:37] | Get the fuck out my house, motherfuckers! | 滚出我房子 混蛋 |
[36:42] | Get out and stay out! | 出去 别来 |
[36:50] | Hey, mister. | 先生 先生 |
[36:52] | I’ll kill you if you come around here, bitch. | 再来我就杀了你 贱人 |
[36:55] | Don’t come back here no more. Get the fuck out before we kill your asses! | -别再回来这里 -滚出去 黑鬼 在我杀了你之前 |
[37:13] | Fucker’s got a .9 mm! | 混蛋有枪 |
[37:23] | All right. | 好 |
[37:29] | Don’t come around here no more. | 不要再来这里 |
[37:42] | That’s my brother. | 那是我哥哥 |
[37:49] | Get out of here, you filthy bitch! | 出去 贱人 |
[38:00] | Go! | 走 走 走 |
[38:07] | I told you young people that crack is some bad shit. | 我告诉你们这些年轻人 毒品不是好东西 |
[38:25] | Dr. Fried, $1,300,000. | 弗莱德医生 一百三十万 |
[38:28] | Mr. Tiffen, you take possession as of today. | 提芬先生 今天开始就是你的了 |
[38:32] | Good luck now, and congratulations. | 祝好运 恭喜你 |
[38:35] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[38:54] | -For you. -What’s this? | -给你的 -这是什么? |
[38:56] | It’s a music box. | 是个音乐盒 |
[39:01] | Holy shit. A Patek? | 老天 百达翡丽? |
[39:05] | Yeah, me and Ralph got lucky on a new real estate investment. | 我和瑞夫很幸运 在房地产赚了一笔 |
[39:09] | You actually did it? | 你真的做了? |
[39:11] | -I was just speculating. I never– -Relax. -Your name will never come up. | -我只是猜测 从不 -轻松点 从没提到你的名字 |
[39:15] | lt’s not that, it’s just…. The American taxpayers– | 不是那样的 我是说 美国纳税人 |
[39:18] | They pay for airport security, look how well that’s going. | 美国纳税人付了机场安全设备 看看结果 |
[39:22] | Give me a fucking break. | 拜托一点 |
[39:26] | This is like a $15,000 watch, Tony. I can’t take this. | 这是只一万五的表 东尼 我不能收 |
[39:30] | lt’s just a little thank you, that’s all. | 只是表达小小谢意 |
[39:33] | A.J., what are you doing down there? | 安东尼 你在下面干什么? |
[39:35] | It’s me, C’arm! Down here with Bri’. | 是我 卡蜜拉 我和小布在这儿 |
[39:39] | -I’m just borrowing some tools. -All right. | -我来借工具 -好 |
[39:44] | Thank you for this, really. | 谢谢 真的 |
[39:46] | I gotta get dressed. | 我要去换衣服了 |
[40:07] | Furio, hi, good morning. | 浮利欧 早 |
[40:09] | Good morning. | 早 |
[40:11] | C’ome in. What are you doing out in the cold? | 进来 你干嘛在外面吹风? |
[40:13] | Today I’ll wait in the car, I think. | 今天我在车里等 |
[40:16] | Why? Don’t you want some coffee? | 为什么 你不要喝点咖啡? |
[40:18] | The motor is acting funny. | 引擎有点怪怪的 |
[40:21] | I need to keep my foot on the gas pedal. | 我必须一直踩着油门 |
[40:25] | Well, okay. I was looking forward to seeing those pictures. | 好吧 我很期待看到那些相片 |
[40:32] | I’ll let Tony know you’re here. | 好 我告诉东尼你来了 |
[40:48] | Furio’s here. | 浮利欧来了 |
[40:51] | You doing some work on the house? | 你在家修理东西? |
[40:54] | Yeah, you know. Sinking some anchors for a wall mirror. | 对 钻几个洞挂镜子 |
[41:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:15] | How’s the mousse? | 慕斯如何? |
[41:17] | Fucking great. | 好极了 |
[41:20] | l tell you… the shit you miss when you’re inside? | 告诉你 在里面最想念的东西? |
[41:25] | There was a week where I would’ve killed for some Good & Plentys. | 有一周我想吃糖想得要死 |
[41:29] | Should’ve told me. | 你该告诉我的 |
[41:31] | l would’ve sent you some. | 替你寄一些去 |
[41:33] | I know you would’ve. | 我知道你会的 |
[41:36] | See, that’s the thing though. | 事情是这样的 |
[41:38] | What I need’s not your problem. | 我需要的不是你的问题 |
[41:41] | -What do you mean? -Fucking Tony. | -什么意思? -可恶的东尼 |
[41:44] | Four months l’m up there, like the Man in the lron Mask. | 我像个戴铁面具的人 在里面蹲了四个月 |
[41:47] | Not one visit. Not even a fucking phone call. | 一次都没来看我 一通电话都没 |
[41:51] | The guy didn’t reach out at all? | 他全没联络你? |
[41:52] | When do I ever complain? | 强尼 我何时抱怨过? |
[41:55] | Paulie, look, the guy’s the boss. | 保利 他是老板 |
[42:00] | You visit a guy in the can these days….You know the feds. | 去牢里看人 你知道调查局的 |
[42:05] | You give someone the time of day, it’s a criminal conspiracy. | 随便就按个什么刑事阴谋罪名 |
[42:09] | So he can’t phone? You fucking did. | 所以他不能打电话? 你就打了 |
[42:13] | Even before I left, he was treating me like the ugly girl at the dance. | 我离开前 他对待我 就像是舞会里的丑小鸭一般 |
[42:18] | I’m sucking wind, and he’s rolling in it with that fucking C’hrist killer. | 我在吹风 他和那杀千刀的吃香喝辣 |
[42:22] | -Hesh? -Fucking Zellman, | -贺许? -柴尔曼 |
[42:24] | fucking real estate scam. | 房地产诈欺 |
[42:26] | The Frelinghuysen Avenue thing. | 弗里林海森那件事 |
[42:30] | We had some words. | 我们吵了架 |
[42:32] | -Tony made it right. -lt’s a different one now. | -后来东尼讲开了 -现在是不同的一桩 |
[42:36] | I’m not sure what it is. | 我不知道是什么 |
[42:38] | All l know is fucking Ralphie’s going around | 我只知道瑞夫 |
[42:40] | bragging about how much they’re making. | 到处炫耀他们赚了多少 |
[42:52] | Listen, John, I know we talk sometimes. | 强尼 我知道我们有时会聊聊 |
[42:55] | I tell you my problems, you tell me yours. | 我告诉你我的问题 你告诉我你的 |
[42:58] | I have the highest regards for C’armine. | 我很尊敬卡明 |
[43:01] | He thinks the world of you, also. | 他也很尊敬你 |
[43:03] | Even still, this shit don’t leave the table, right? | 即使如此 但我们的谈话不会外传 对吧? |
[43:07] | I’m hurt that you even have to ask. | 你这么问就伤到我了 |
[43:18] | As far as we know, those transformers are perfectly safe… | 据我们所知 这些改建者很安全 |
[43:20] | but I’ll propose an ad-hoc study. | 我会提案做特殊研究 |
[43:23] | -Thank you, assemblyman. -Okay, bye-bye. | -谢谢 议员 -好 再见 |
[43:28] | Mr. Olmstead called regarding lunch, | 奥门史泰先生打电话来约午餐 |
[43:30] | and you’ve got the zoning hearing at 4:00. | 你四点有分区听证会 |
[43:37] | I’ll call him later, I’m going to make a stop. | 我等下打给他 我先去别处一下 |
[43:40] | l’ll see you back at the office | 和你在办公室回头见 |
[43:41] | and make sure that she’s on the list for the fundraiser. | 确定她在募款名单上 |
[43:50] | Does this go your cousins? | 这怎样 送到你堂弟那儿去? |
[43:52] | No, Verrazano Salvage, ask for Gene. | 不 送去瓦拉然诺旧物店 找阿金 |
[43:54] | Don’t forget the fireplace mantles and the wall sconces. | 别忘了壁炉架和墙上的架子 |
[43:57] | Downtown, the yuppies pay top dollar. | 城里的雅痞会付大钱买的 |
[44:00] | We’re on it, Ton’, don’t worry. | 马上办 东尼 别操心 |
[44:05] | Assemblyman. What brings you to beautiful downtown Newark? | 议员 什么风把你吹来 纽瓦克市中心? |
[44:08] | Meeting with one of my constituents. | 来与我的选民见面 |
[44:11] | You going to be at the Bing tomorrow? | 你明天会去吗? |
[44:13] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[44:15] | Maybe l’ll see you over there then. | 也许明天会在那儿见到你 |
[44:17] | Maybe you will. | 也许 |
[44:27] | ls it going to be a nice house here now? | 这儿会有漂亮房子吗? |
[44:45] | I’m taking it. I’ll put it on my card, okay? It’s with my clothes. | 我买了 刷我的卡 在我衣服那儿 |
[44:49] | I’ll get the seamstress. | 好 我去找裁缝来 |
[44:51] | l can’t believe you’re finally doing this. So sudden, too. | 真不能相信你要结婚了 好突然 |
[44:55] | The best part is going to be seeing how much people give us. | 最棒的是看人家送多少礼 |
[44:58] | Lisa told me at her and Ricky’s wedding, | 丽莎说他和瑞克婚礼时 |
[45:00] | Bobby C’anzoneri didn’t cover his plate. | 巴比坎诺利 |
[45:01] | Shut up. | -包的礼还不够付他一人的餐费 -真的 |
[45:04] | $40 in an envelope, not even a card. | 信封里包了四十元 连卡片都没 |
[45:07] | I’ll tell you, though, the main thing about getting married? | 我告诉你 结婚最主要是 |
[45:10] | I can never be called to testify. What do you mean? | -我再也不能被传作证 -什么意思? |
[45:14] | -A wife can’t testify against her husband? -Right. | -妻子不能做对先生不利的证词 -是 |
[45:18] | Actually, though, l don’t think that’s actually true. | 不过那不是完全事实 |
[45:21] | -What do you mean? -They did a whole Murder, She Wrote about that. | -什么意思? -在《书写谋杀》里有演过 |
[45:24] | This butler thought his wife couldn’t testify against her husband… | 这个管家以为他太太 不能做不利于他的证词 |
[45:28] | but it turns out, legally she actually could. | 但结果是 她可以 |
[45:38] | To claim marital privilege, three conditions must be met. | 使用婚姻特免权 要符合三个条件 |
[45:41] | The communication must be made during the course of the marriage. | 第一 这样的对话 必须发生在婚姻中 |
[45:44] | Anything said before you were married is fair game. | 在你结婚前的都不符合 |
[45:46] | Two, the communication must involve only the spouses. | 第二 这些对话必须只有配偶参与 |
[45:49] | The presence of a third party destroys the privilege. | 有其他人在场这项特免权就失效 |
[45:52] | Three, communication can’t be made in furtherance of a crime. | 第三 不能是促使犯罪的对话 |
[45:55] | Oh, my God, it’s a simple question. C’an they make me testify or not? | 我的天 一个简单答案就好 他们能叫我作证吗? |
[45:59] | The short answer? Probably. | 简单的答案?可能可以 |
[46:02] | ln organized crime, a RlC’O, | 对于组织犯罪 |
[46:04] | the feds will spend a fortune putting on their case. | 调查局花大钱 来成立他们案子 |
[46:07] | Believe me, if they want you to testify, they’re going to find a way. | 相信我 如果他们要你做证 他们会找到方法的 |
[46:13] | Here you go, 10 percent apiece. | 这儿 一人百分之十 |
[46:16] | Technically, it’s a little less… | 严格说来 不到这个数 |
[46:19] | but our friend rounded you up to an even $60,000. | 但我们的朋友给你们六万元 |
[46:24] | There’s plenty more where that came from. | 还有很多这样的机会 |
[46:27] | A lot of poor families need affordable housing in Newark. | 纽瓦克有很多穷人家庭 需要平价住宅 |
[46:41] | Ronnie, listen… | 小罗 |
[46:45] | I didn’t want to say this. | 我一直想说 |
[46:47] | No hard feelings? | 不伤感情吧? |
[46:49] | Of course not. | 不 当然不会 |
[46:52] | -You sure you’re all right? -I’m fine. | -你确定你没事? -我很好 |
[46:54] | You’re just being…. | 只是你 |
[46:56] | You’re being awfully quiet. | 你非常沉默 |
[46:58] | I don’t know, tired. | 我不知道 累了 |
[47:04] | -You ever feel bad about any of this? -What do you mean? | -你曾觉得不安过吗? -什么意思? |
[47:07] | When I think about where we started out…. | 当我想到我们当初的抱负 |
[47:11] | I used to think what I did made a difference. | 我曾认为我们能做出贡献 |
[47:13] | The anti-drug programs, the voter drives. | 反毒计划 投票巡回 |
[47:17] | But over the years…it’s like shoveling shit against the tide, you know that. | 但这些年来 就像与潮流对抗 |
[47:21] | I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[47:24] | You cut corners, but you help out. | 你会抄近路 但仍能帮忙 |
[47:28] | Do the best you can. | 尽力就是 |
[47:30] | If it ain’t us, it’s going to be somebody else. Really, I mean…. | 如果不是我们 也会是别人 |
[47:33] | What are we supposed to be, the only honest men? | 真的 我们难道该是唯一诚实的人吗? |
[47:38] | We were going to lead a revolution. | 我们本来要领导革命的 墨利斯 |
[47:41] | Revolution. | 革命 |
[47:43] | The revolution got sold, Ronnie. | 小罗 革命被出卖了 |
[47:45] | You heard the Beatles for H&R Block? | 你听说过报税公司的披头四? |
[47:48] | Sometimes I feel like I should be punished. | 有时我觉得我该被惩罚 |
[47:51] | C’ome on, let’s get something to eat. | 去吃点东西吧 |
[47:56] | Here’s something I never thought I’d say: | 我以为我绝不会说这句话: |
[48:00] | To the federal government. | 敬联邦政府 |
[48:04] | Depends on which department. | 但要看是哪个单位 |
[48:17] | A cappuccino maker, this is great. | 义式咖啡机 真好 |
[48:19] | ls that the C’apresso? You’ll love that, Ade. | 是卡普梭?你会爱死它的 |
[48:22] | C’appuccino now. He used to drink Bosco. | 现在喝卡布奇诺 他以前都喝巧克力 |
[48:26] | I got it at Fortunoff’s if you want to exchange it. | 我在福顿诺夫买的 你可以去换别的 |
[48:36] | No scissors, | 不 不 不要用剪刀 |
[48:38] | bad luck! | 触楣头 |
[48:51] | That’s from me. I can’t count | 那是我送的 我数不清用它 |
[48:54] | how many cheese melts I’ve made for Silvio in that thing. | 替席尔做了多少起司饼 |
[49:01] | Here, open this one, Ade. | 开这包 |
[50:38] | You got anything to drink? | 有东西喝吗? |
[50:54] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[50:57] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[51:04] | Look, why don’t you just calm down and– I’m perfectly calm. | -你冷静下来 -我非常冷静 |
[51:08] | We can talk about whatever’s bothering you. | -我们可以谈谈你在烦什么 -是吗? |
[51:11] | Tony, this is crazy. | 东尼 这太疯了 |
[51:17] | C’ome on, fuck! | 别这样?干 |
[51:18] | Tony, no! | 东尼 不 |
[51:31] | All the girls in New Jersey, you had to fuck this one? | 纽泽西所有的女人里 你一定要干这一个? |
[51:36] | Go ahead, cry like a bitch. | 哭啊 像个女人一样哭啊 |
[52:02] | Ronnie. | 小罗 小罗 |