| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
|---|---|---|
| [03:12] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
| [03:14] | I got a mysterious package, | 我收到了一个神秘的包裹 |
| [03:17] | postmarked Las Vegas. | 邮戳是拉斯维加斯 |
| [03:21] | Baume & Mercier. | 哦 “瑞士名仕” |
| [03:26] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
| [03:28] | This is so beautiful. | 太漂亮了 |
| [03:30] | I had it engraved. | 我让人在上面刻了字 |
| [03:33] | Here. | 这 |
| [03:38] | “You are my life. Love, T.” | “你是我的生命 爱你的T” |
| [03:41] | – They couldn’t fit “Tony. – I believe that. | – “Tony”刻不上去了 – 我相信是这样的 |
| [03:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [03:47] | But I don’t know what it’s for. | 不过我不明白这是为了什么 |
| [03:49] | Well, like I said, I was sorry | 我说过了 我很抱歉 |
| [03:51] | I had to go out to Vegas when I did. | 我不得不去一趟拉斯维加斯 |
| [03:54] | Once you explained | 你曾经解释过 |
| [03:55] | you had to take care of Christopher’s business interests… | 你必须去接管Chris的生意 |
| [04:00] | God knows Kelli’ll need the money. | 谁也说不准 Kelli以后会需要钱 |
| [04:04] | The baby. | 要养育孩子 |
| [04:22] | I’m talking about delay | 我在说延期的事 |
| [04:24] | Just take care of that, all right? | 把它搞定 好吗? |
| [04:26] | Bobby? Bobby? | |
| [04:27] | John Stefano John Stefano. | |
| [04:29] | You touching asbestos? | 你刚碰过石棉? |
| [04:31] | No, I don’t work with that shit. | 没有 我才不去弄那破玩意 |
| [04:33] | It’s OK. | 不用了 |
| [04:36] | Shame about Chris Moltisanti. | Chris的事我很遗憾 |
| [04:40] | Where’d you get these bozos? | 你从哪弄来的这些大汉? |
| [04:43] | Ecuadorians. Bunch of ’em Polacks. | 厄瓜多尔 有些是波兰人 |
| [04:45] | Why ain’t they wearing space suits? | 他们怎么不穿太空服? |
| [04:47] | That’s a union rule. | 工会是要求穿防护服 |
| [04:49] | If I couldn’t run this job without that contract, | 我找不到非法劳工也不会接这个工程 |
| [04:51] | none of us gonna make any real scratch. | 不然我们谁都别想赚到钱 |
| [04:56] | You don’t got an envelope? | 你没有信封吗? |
| [05:00] | You must have seen fights before. | 你以前一定看到过很多打架的场面 |
| [05:03] | Your friends beating up the African kid, | 你的朋友殴打那个非裔男孩 |
| [05:05] | why do you think that’s been impossible to shake? | 为什么偏偏对这个挥之不去 |
| [05:09] | They had my back after all the shit with Blanca. | 我和Blanca分手后他们很支持我 |
| [05:12] | They care about me. | 他们关心我 |
| [05:14] | Did you try to stop the beating? | 你试过阻止他们吗? |
| [05:16] | I’m one individual. What could I do? | 我就是其中之一 我能怎么样? |
| [05:26] | I know kids on Lexapro who say it’s great | 我认识服用依地普仑的人 他们说疗效好 |
| [05:30] | and I still feel like shit. | 而我却还觉得很抑郁 |
| [05:33] | Why can’t I catch a fucking break? | 为什么我就不能好过一点? |
| [05:36] | Your classes, how are you enjoying those? | 你的课上得怎么样? |
| [05:39] | English is boring. | 英文很无聊 |
| [05:42] | And the other one’s kind of interesting | 别的还有点意思 |
| [05:44] | but it’s pretty depressing. | 但都挺沉闷的 |
| [05:47] | The lsraeli-Palestinian conflict? | 以巴冲突呢? |
| [05:49] | People blowing each other up because their god says | 他们互相残杀只因为是神的启示 |
| [05:52] | they’re allowed to live in a certain patch of fucking sand. | 神允许他们居住在某片沙漠 |
| [05:56] | And other people’s gods say they’re supposed to live there. | 而另一群人的神又说那是他们的地方 |
| [06:00] | Maybe I shouldn’t have taken it. | 也许我不该去听这课 |
| [06:02] | You seem to be taking it all personally. | 你看起来很接受这种说法 |
| [06:05] | These mujahideen assholes, like in lndonesia, | 这些穆斯林白痴 跟印尼的那些一样 |
| [06:07] | and they want to kill everybody. | 他们好像想杀掉所有人 |
| [06:10] | Have you considered writing about your… | 你有没有考虑过把你和那个… |
| [06:14] | experience with the Somali boy? | 索马里男孩的经历写下来 |
| [06:16] | A short story, perhaps? | 一个短故事 如何? |
| [06:18] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做? |
| [06:20] | It might help clarify your feelings. | 也许能帮助你理清你的感受 |
| [06:24] | I was watching CNN | 有一次我看CNN |
| [06:27] | and this story about these kids in some lraqi hospital, | 内容是关于一些伊拉克医院里的孩子 |
| [06:31] | how the burn unit doesn’t have the right medicine or something. | 他们在烧伤科里如何缺乏药物 治疗等等 |
| [06:35] | And then they show this story | 然后又放了一段 |
| [06:37] | about some mall in Minnesota | 明尼苏达州购物中心里 |
| [06:40] | and these gigantic fat people | 那些痴肥的人 |
| [06:42] | buying stuff | 在里面买东西 |
| [06:44] | and eating all this shit. | 吃东西 |
| [06:47] | It’s like my parents. | 就像我的父母那样 |
| [06:50] | You should see our house. | 你应该来看看我们的房子 |
| [06:52] | The stupid coffee maker they got, | 看看他们买的那台昂贵的咖啡机 |
| [06:55] | the media room. | 影音室 |
| [06:57] | Then there’s Blanca. | 可是Blanca |
| [07:00] | Her kid hardly talks. | 她的孩子少言寡语 |
| [07:02] | She can’t afford to send him to a decent school. | 她没能力送他去像样的学校 |
| [07:06] | You think your feelings about Blanca | 你认为你对Blanca的种种感觉 |
| [07:09] | in any way relate to this African boy? | 是不是某种程度上和这个非裔男孩有关联 |
| [07:12] | She’s not black. | 她不是黑人 |
| [07:16] | I mean, | 我的意思是 |
| [07:18] | she’s pretty tan. | 她晒得很黑 |
| [07:27] | There he is. | 他回来了 |
| [07:30] | Hey. Welcome back. | 嘿. 欢迎回来 |
| [07:32] | Welcome back, Tone. | 欢迎回来 Ton’ |
| [07:34] | Good to see you again. | 很高兴又见到你 |
| [07:36] | How was your trip? | 旅行怎么样? |
| [07:37] | Great. Had a fucking blast. | 很棒 好好地爽了一番 |
| [07:40] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
| [07:41] | Business too. Christopher’s shit. | 还有正事 Christopher的烂摊子 |
| [07:46] | Some fucking guys out there owed him money. | 那有几个家伙欠他钱 |
| [07:51] | Little Carmine took it on the Cleaver set. | 小Carmine从”无敌猪肉刀”里剪切出来的 |
| [07:53] | We had it framed. | 我们给它上了个相框 |
| [07:57] | Talk about a trip | 说到旅行 |
| [07:59] | I met this girl, fucking beautiful. | 我遇到了一个女孩 美得不可方物 |
| [08:02] | Yeah? | 那么爽? |
| [08:04] | – Boys. – Hey. | – 兄弟们 – 嗨 |
| [08:08] | – We did peyote. – Come on. | – 我们磕仙人掌了 – 不是吧 |
| [08:10] | – Really? – Bobby did mushrooms once. | – 真的? – Bobby有一次磕迷幻蘑菇后 |
| [08:12] | Stuffed mushrooms, a whole platter. | 吃掉了一整盘酿蘑菇 |
| [08:14] | Fuck you. | 你去死吧 哈? |
| [08:18] | Anyway, that’s some nutty shit, | 总之 很多疯狂的事 |
| [08:22] | the desert, | 那沙漠 |
| [08:25] | the light. | 那光线 |
| [08:27] | I did X once. The fucking was incredible. | 我磕过一次药 感觉好像腾云驾雾 |
| [08:32] | Yeah, you kidding? Off the fucking charts. | 对 没错 爽死了 |
| [08:35] | – You wouldn’t believe it. – Really? | – 你们不会相信的 – 是吗? |
| [08:37] | And the sun | 那太阳 |
| [08:40] | came up | 缓缓升起 |
| [08:45] | Yeah? | 接着呢? |
| [08:53] | We saw Stefano. | 我们去见Stefano了 |
| [08:55] | He didn’t have an envelope. | 他连个信封都没有 |
| [08:59] | Any movement on that? | 石棉那事有动静吗? |
| [09:00] | We should probably see Phil. | 呃 我们也许要去见见Phil |
| [09:05] | I got dosed with acid once, back in ’68. | 我给别人下过一次药 那是在1968年 |
| [09:07] | I was with your dad and them at the Copa. | 我和你爸爸和其它人在COPA夜总会 |
| [09:10] | Fucking BOAC stewardess put it in my drink. | 那该死的英航空姐把药倒进我的杯里 |
| [09:13] | Jerry Vale started singing and I look over, | 接着Jerry Vale开始唱歌 然后我看过去 |
| [09:16] | your Uncle Jun’s got laser beams shooting out of his eyes. | 发现你叔叔双眼射出激光 |
| [09:20] | I used to love that house, but now | 我以前很爱那栋房子 可是现在 |
| [09:23] | it’s so big, especially at night. | 它太大了 尤其是在晚上 |
| [09:26] | You’re afraid, all you got to do is call. | 你吓坏了 但你知道只要打个电话 |
| [09:29] | Right? | 对吧? |
| [09:30] | Two minutes, I’ll be over. | 不用两分钟我就去到你那了 |
| [09:32] | I know. Thank you. | 我知道. 谢谢你 |
| [09:34] | You’ve been so great. Both of you. | 你一直都这么好 你们都是 |
| [09:36] | Meadow had another mystery date. | Meadow又有了一个神秘的约会 |
| [09:39] | That sounds exciting. | 听起来真令人兴奋 |
| [09:50] | What are you doing? Sit. | 你干嘛呢? 过来坐 |
| [09:53] | I made your favourite, steak pizzaiola. | 我做了你最喜欢的牛排匹萨 |
| [09:56] | They spray a virus on beef | 你知道他们宁愿在牛肉上洒病毒 |
| [09:58] | rather than clean the rat shit out of slaughterhouses. | 也不去把屠宰场的卫生搞好 |
| [10:00] | What is this now? | 你这又是什么新理论? |
| [10:03] | It’s true. Read the paper. | 是真的 看看报纸吧 |
| [10:07] | I do read the paper. Never heard that. | 我天天都看报 却没看到你说的事情 |
| [10:10] | I’m not talking about the sports page. | 我可不是说体育版 |
| [10:13] | The FDA, | 那食品药物管理局? |
| [10:15] | they approved a virus spray because it kills | 他们允许使用这病毒是因为能杀死 |
| [10:17] | a similar bacteria found on meat. | 一种新的牛肉细菌 |
| [10:19] | Must be a good thing, then. | 那肯定是件好事了 |
| [10:21] | Yeah. For the meat packers, | 是啊 对肉类包装工业就好 |
| [10:24] | the fucking god of the bottom line. | 他妈的只顾着赢利 |
| [10:27] | All right, that’s enough. | 好了 够了 |
| [10:29] | We’re trying to eat here | 我们还想吃东西呢 |
| [10:30] | and you’re upsetting people that have been through a tragedy. | 而你却在这让刚经历过悲剧的人心烦 |
| [10:34] | Fine. Bury your head in the sand. | 行 把你的头埋进沙里吧 |
| [10:37] | How about I bury yours in that fucking wall instead? | 我把你的脑袋塞进那堵墙里怎么样? |
| [10:41] | Tony Tony. | |
| [10:42] | 20 years, he won’t crack a book. | 二十年来他从没好好读过一本书 |
| [10:44] | All of a sudden he’s the world’s foremost authority. | 突然间就成了食物安全权威人士 |
| [10:54] | At least he’s getting an education. | 至少他还在接受教育 |
| [10:57] | An education’s to help you get a better job. | 读书是为了找份更好的工作 |
| [10:59] | He’s actually reading. This can’t be bad. | 他正在看书 这坏不到哪去 |
| [11:02] | “The blood-dimmed tide is loosed | 血红色的潮水如洪水般倾泻 |
| [11:04] | “and everywhere the ceremony of innocence | 而各方 正义之礼节 |
| [11:07] | is drowned. | 已经被湮灭 |
| [11:09] | “The best lack all conviction, | 正义者毫无信心 |
| [11:11] | “while the worst are full of passionate intensity. | 邪恶者满腔激情 |
| [11:16] | “Surely some revelation is at hand. | 当然上天不会视而不见 |
| [11:21] | “Somewhere in the sands of the desert | 在荒漠的某处 |
| [11:23] | “a shape with lion body | 一个狮身人面的形状 |
| [11:25] | “a gaze blank and pitiless as the sun, | 带着虚无又无情如太阳的凝视 |
| [11:30] | “is moving its slow thighs, | 正缓缓举足而行 |
| [11:32] | “while all about it reel shadows of the indignant desert birds. | 沙漠的鸟儿围绕着它的影子环飞 |
| [11:36] | “The darkness drops again, | 黑暗再度降临 |
| [11:38] | “but now I know that twenty centuries of stony sleep | 但现在我知道 二十个世纪磐石般的沉睡 |
| [11:42] | “were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle, | 在晃动的摇篮中摇来了恶梦 |
| [11:45] | “and what rough beast, its hour come round at last, | 而何等的猛兽 在最终的时刻归来 |
| [11:49] | “slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?” | 正懒散地走向伯利恒投生 |
| [11:56] | Hey, Tony. | 嗨 Tony |
| [11:58] | You don’t look so good. | 你脸色很差 |
| [12:00] | This job. | 都是这个工作害得 |
| [12:02] | You want a sandwich, a cannoli, | 想吃个三明治吗? 煎饼卷? |
| [12:04] | on the house? | 店里请? |
| [12:05] | No. This microbe of mine, | 不了 我感染的病菌 |
| [12:07] | from Pakistan. | 在巴基斯坦染上的 |
| [12:10] | – Still? – You got a minute? | – 还没好? – 你现在有空吗? |
| [12:12] | We’d like to show you some pictures. | 我们想给你看几张照片 |
| [12:14] | Angelina Jolie, I hope. | 我希望是安吉莉娜-茱丽 |
| [12:19] | These the gentlemen? | 是这两个男人吗? |
| [12:22] | That’s them. | 就是他们 |
| [12:26] | What the fuck? What? | 怎么回事? 怎么了? |
| [12:29] | Don’t know. Financing, maybe. | 不太清楚 可能是金融犯罪 |
| [12:31] | – Maybe – Yeah. | – 可能 – 是的 |
| [12:33] | Honestly, I’m not even sure we still have them in the country. | 说实话 我都不能确定他们是否还在国内 |
| [12:38] | Thanks for stopping by. | 感谢你们顺道拜访 |
| [12:41] | Next time we’ll have party hats. | 下次给你们办个派对 |
| [12:55] | Your nephew’s widow, | 你侄子那寡妇 |
| [12:56] | she get my flowers? | 她收到我的花了吗? |
| [12:58] | Well, if you sent ’em, I’m sure she did. | 如果你送了 我相信她收到了 |
| [13:01] | Well, I won’t expect a thank you any time soon. | 我可不指望立刻收到感谢 |
| [13:04] | The grieving process takes time the closer you are to somebody. | 忘记悲痛是需要时间的 尤其是至亲 |
| [13:07] | Yeah, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
| [13:11] | So, brass tacks, | 说到正事 |
| [13:14] | what brings you all the way out to the city? | 是什么风把你吹来的? |
| [13:17] | Good news. The condos at the navy yard. | 好消息 造船厂那边的公寓大厦 |
| [13:19] | Paulie’s guy at the joint fitters says | Paulie手下的判头说 |
| [13:21] | they’re breaking ground. | 那工程开始动工了 |
| [13:23] | – Well, that is good. – Good, yeah. | – 那很不错 – 是啊 |
| [13:28] | The other thing, this asbestos. | 啊 还有一件事 石棉的那事 |
| [13:33] | I thought about your offer. | 我考虑过你的出价 |
| [13:35] | What do you say to 15% | 15%怎么样 |
| [13:37] | plus we forget about the balance | 加上免去你欠我的 |
| [13:38] | of what you owe me on the vitamin truck? | 那车维生素欠款 |
| [13:41] | First off, it wasn’t an offer. | 首先 这不是一个出价 |
| [13:43] | It’s my position. 25%. | 这是我的立场 25% |
| [13:47] | That’s it? | 就这样? |
| [13:49] | What else would you like me to say? | 你还想让我说什么? |
| [13:51] | Come on, Phil, what’s the problem? | 得了 Phil 究竟是什么问题? |
| [13:53] | I come here in good faith, | 我带着好意来到你这 |
| [13:55] | I make a reasonable counter. | 我开出了一个合理的条件 |
| [13:57] | Which I considered and rejected. | 那条件已经我考虑过 也拒绝了 |
| [14:01] | Do we need to talk in private? | 我们需要私下谈谈吗? |
| [14:03] | For what? | 谈什么? |
| [14:06] | OK, then, in front of everybody | 那好吧 咱们打开天窗说亮话 |
| [14:11] | When you were sick | 当你生病 |
| [14:12] | in the hospital, | 住进医院的时候 |
| [14:14] | we talked. | 我们曾经谈过 |
| [14:17] | We shared a | 我们分享着 |
| [14:21] | an understanding about life. | 对于生命的理解 |
| [14:25] | This is business, Anthony. | 这是生意 Anthony |
| [14:26] | Yeah, I know. | 没错 我知道 |
| [14:28] | But I’m talking to you here on a human level. | 但我现在是 以人性的角度跟你讨论 |
| [14:32] | There’s a limit, Phil. Come on. | 凡事都是有限度的 再考虑一下 |
| [14:35] | A point where business bleeds into other shit, | 在生意将要演变成冲突的节骨眼上 |
| [14:39] | feelings make things financially unfeasible. | 个人感情会使问题不能用钱去解决 |
| [14:44] | Charles Schwab over here. | Charles schwab在这呢 (嘉信理财创始人) |
| [14:52] | So that’s it? | 所以就这样? |
| [14:55] | No leeway, no compromise, just stupid fucking jokes? | 没有回旋余地 没有妥协 只有愚蠢的笑话? |
| [15:00] | You want compromise? How’s this? | 你想要妥协? 这个怎么样? |
| [15:03] | 20 years in the can, | 我吃了二十年牢饭 |
| [15:05] | I wanted manicotte. | 我想吃番茄起司通心粉 |
| [15:07] | but I compromised. | 但我妥协了 |
| [15:09] | I ate grilled cheese off the radiator instead. | 我吃烤箱烤的起司面包 |
| [15:13] | I wanted to fuck a woman | 我想操个女人 |
| [15:15] | but I compromised again. | 但又我妥协了 |
| [15:17] | I jacked off in a tissue. | 只能拿张纸巾打手枪 |
| [15:19] | You see where I’m going? | 你明白我的为人了吧? |
| [15:21] | Yeah. | 明白了 |
| [15:34] | – Butch, Coco, didn’t anybody call you? – About what? | – Butch Coco 有人给你们打电话吗? – 什么电话? |
| [15:37] | Don’t tell me the cheques are late. | 别告诉我支票还没到? |
| [15:40] | There ain’t any cheques. | 没有什么支票 |
| [15:42] | – The fuck you talking about? -Silvio, Mr Soprano’s guy, | – 你说什么来着? – Silvio 是Soprano先生的人 |
| [15:45] | came by this morning, said to pull your jobs. | 今天早上来过 他说要减去你们那份 |
| [15:47] | Fuck that. | 去他妈的 |
| [15:49] | – Where’s our money? – I don’t got it. There’s no jobs. | – 我们的钱呢? – 我没拿到 没有任何工作 |
| [15:52] | Motherfucker. | 香蕉个巴拉 |
| [15:54] | I’m sorry. Somebody should have called you. | 对不起 伙计们. 一定有人通知你们了 |
| [15:59] | Jesus Christ! | 天啊! |
| [16:05] | Guys, that’s enough. It’s not his fault. | 伙计们 别打了 这不是他的错 |
| [16:07] | Yeah? Maybe it’s your fucking fault. | 是吗? 那也许是你的错? |
| [16:12] | Call the police! | 快叫警察! |
| [16:21] | Tony Soprano owes you $320. | Tony Soprano欠你320刀 |
| [16:33] | Hey. | 嗨 |
| [16:38] | I was just watching Borat on cable. | 我刚才看有线台的”波拉特” |
| [16:40] | You can watch that thing 50 times and it’s still hilarious. | 就算你看了50遍 电影还是很搞笑 |
| [16:45] | He brings that lady his shits. | 他把他的粪便拿给那位女士 |
| [16:48] | It wasn’t fair to the people involved. | 这对参与的人很不公平 |
| [16:51] | You loved it when it came out. | 电影上映的时候你不是很喜欢吗? |
| [16:54] | What do you want, Meadow? | 你来这干嘛? Meadow? |
| [16:56] | – How was your exam? – I didn’t take it. | – 考得怎么样? – 我没去考试 |
| [17:03] | Leave that. | 别动它! |
| [17:04] | OK? Thank you. | 好吗? 谢谢 |
| [17:14] | Why didn’t you take the test? | 你为什么不去考试 |
| [17:15] | Cos I dropped out, OK? | 因为我缀学了 满意了吧? |
| [17:18] | What’s going on with you? | 你这是怎么了? |
| [17:22] | I’m your sister. | 我是你姐姐 |
| [17:24] | You have to talk to me. | 你得跟我谈谈 |
| [17:26] | Is this still about Blanca? | 还是因为Blanca吗? |
| [17:30] | You know, I don’t know any more. | 我已经分辨不清了 |
| [17:36] | I know how you feel, OK? | 我了解你的感受 知道吗? |
| [17:38] | When Finn and I split I cried every day | 我跟Finn分手的时候 每天都会哭 |
| [17:42] | for a month. | 差不多有一个月 |
| [17:43] | You realise we’re gonna bomb lran? | 你知不知道我们要轰炸伊朗了? |
| [17:45] | You don’t know that. | 你也不知道 |
| [17:48] | You watch. | 走着瞧 |
| [17:49] | Bush, before he leaves office | 布什 在他卸任以前 |
| [17:53] | and you know I’m right. | 你会知道我是对的 |
| [17:55] | OK. | 好 |
| [17:58] | But you need to learn to shut stuff out. | 但你得学会遮好你看的东西 |
| [18:02] | Are you crazy? | 你秀逗了吗? |
| [18:04] | I mean, do you hear what we’re talking about? | 你没听见我们正在谈论什么吗? |
| [18:06] | You say that, but I come in here | 你是说炸伊朗 但是我来到你的房间 |
| [18:09] | and you’re surfing the web for porn. | 你正在浏览色情网站 |
| [18:11] | It’s not porn. | 不是色情的 |
| [18:20] | Al Jazeera? | 半岛电视台? |
| [18:22] | Don’t you ever feel like there’s no point to any of this? | 你觉得这一切都是空穴来风吗? |
| [18:25] | Why don’t you try setting goals for yourself? | 你为什么不给自己设定目标? |
| [18:29] | Maybe you should move out. | 也许你应该搬出去住? |
| [18:32] | Right. In my condition | 哦 对啊 看我现在颓废的样子 |
| [18:34] | I mean, I can’t hold a job. | 我连活也干不了 |
| [18:36] | Jesus, AJ, there has to be something you can do. | 天啊 总有你能做的事情吧 |
| [18:39] | Look, I’m ill, Meadow. All right, I’m on medication. | 瞧 我病了 我还要吃药 |
| [18:42] | Millions of people take Lexapro. | 数之不尽的人在吃依地普伦 |
| [18:45] | I need Mom’s cooking. | 我得吃妈妈做的饭 |
| [18:47] | It could mess with my blood chemistry. | 那个药会紊乱血液的化学平衡 |
| [18:49] | Do Mom and Dad know you dropped out? | 爸妈知道你缀学了吗? |
| [18:51] | No, and don’t tell them. | 不知道 你也别告诉他们 |
| [18:53] | I took time off, remember? | 我停过一段时间的学 记得吗? |
| [18:55] | They broke my balls but it really wasn’t so bad. | 他们为此骂过我 但其实没什么大不了 |
| [18:58] | Of course not. I mean, you’re their pet. | 当然了 你是他们的宠物 |
| [19:01] | We’re ltalian, AJ. You’re their son. | 我们是意大利人 A.J 你是他们的儿子 |
| [19:04] | Do you have any idea what that means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗? |
| [19:08] | You’ll always be more important. | 你永远是更重要的 |
| [19:12] | You’re awake. | 醒了? |
| [19:19] | I made Lincoln Log sandwiches. | 我弄了林肯三明治 |
| [19:22] | Maybe later. | 我等会再吃 |
| [19:28] | I am meeting Gab for lunch | 我要去和Gab吃午饭 |
| [19:30] | and then we are stopping at Nordstrom. | 然后我们去Nordstrom家 |
| [19:35] | If you go out, make sure you set the alarm. | 如果你要出去 别忘了设好警报器 |
| [19:39] | OK? | 知道吗? |
| [21:02] | Jeez! | 老天啊! |
| [21:51] | Somebody! | 来人哪! |
| [21:53] | Help! | 救命啊! |
| [21:57] | Help! | 救命! |
| [22:06] | Help! My arms! They’re frozen! | 救命! 我的胳膊 冻僵了! |
| [22:09] | AJ, what the fuck? | A.J. 你在搞什么? |
| [22:12] | Dad! Help! | 爸爸! 救命 ! |
| [22:14] | Help! | 救救我! |
| [22:23] | No, Dad! | 不 爸爸! |
| [22:27] | – My leg, it’s stuck! – On what? | – 我的腿 被系住了! – 被什么系住了? |
| [22:32] | What the fuck did you do? | 你他妈的到底干什么了 |
| [22:34] | Help! | 救 救救我! |
| [22:44] | All right, I got you. Stop fighting me. | 好的 我抱住你了 别再死抓着我 |
| [22:50] | All right. Don’t! | 好 别挣扎.. |
| [22:51] | All right, turn around. Grab the side. | 好了 转过来 抓住池边 |
| [22:54] | Grab the side right there. | 抓住池边 在这 |
| [22:56] | All right. | 好 |
| [23:06] | All right. | 好了 |
| [23:10] | God damn it. | 见鬼 |
| [23:15] | Hold that. | 你抓住 |
| [23:23] | Help me. | 帮帮我 |
| [23:24] | All right, climb. | 好 往上爬! |
| [23:41] | What’s wrong with you? | 你到底怎么了?! |
| [23:48] | All right. Are you all right? | 好了 你还好吗? |
| [23:53] | All right, come here. | 没事了 过来 |
| [23:55] | Come on. | 过来 |
| [23:57] | Turn around. | 翻过来 |
| [23:59] | Come on, baby. | 过来 宝贝 |
| [24:01] | You’re all right, baby. | 没事了 宝贝 |
| [24:04] | You’re all right, baby. You’re all right. | 你没事了 没事了 |
| [24:08] | You’re all right. | 没事了 |
| [24:16] | Well, here we are. | 好 我们到了 |
| [24:19] | I’ll get him settled. You can come tomorrow during visiting hours. | 我安顿好他 你们明天可以在探访时间来 |
| [24:22] | I love you, sweetie. | 我爱你 亲爱的 |
| [24:25] | – I love you. – I love you too. | 我爱你 我也爱你 |
| [24:28] | He’s had a lot of Valium. | 给他服用了大量安定片 |
| [24:55] | But he was better for a while. | 他有一段时间很好的 |
| [24:59] | Look, it’s not your fault. | 这不是你们的错 |
| [25:00] | You warned us. | 你提醒过我们 |
| [25:08] | Come on, come on. | 好了 别担心 |
| [25:11] | Come on, it’s gonna be OK. | 一切都会好起来的 |
| [25:14] | It will, Mom. | 会的 妈妈 |
| [25:16] | But he was always so happy. | 但他以前是那么的开朗 |
| [25:19] | He was our happy little boy. | 他是我们的快乐小心肝 |
| [25:28] | Come here, baby. | 过来 宝贝 |
| [25:33] | There you go. White balls. | 白球该找洞进了 |
| [25:46] | – Skip. – Hey, Tone. | – 头 – Ton |
| [25:51] | There he is. | 你来了 |
| [25:53] | You hungry, T? I’ll send the kid for Baja Fresh. | 饿吗? 想吃点什么? 我叫人去墨西哥烤肉店买点 |
| [25:56] | Anything from Phil? | Phil那有什么消息吗? |
| [25:59] | No, not yet. | 没 还没有 |
| [26:09] | All right, let’s dispense with the 500-pound elephant in the room. | 那我们省去搞笑那部分 |
| [26:13] | My kid tried to off himself. | 我儿子想了结自己 |
| [26:16] | We all fucking know. | 现在大家都知道了 |
| [26:24] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
| [26:27] | Nobody’s got nothing to say? | 你们都没话说? |
| [26:31] | How’s he doing, Tone? | 他现在还好吧 Ton? |
| [26:34] | They got him under observation. | 他正在接受医生的观察 |
| [26:37] | Whatever the fuck that means. | 谁知道是什么意思 |
| [26:41] | Stupid fuck. | 缺心眼的傻子 |
| [26:47] | Where did I lose this kid? | 我哪亏着他了? |
| [26:50] | What did I do wrong? | 我哪做得不对了? |
| [26:52] | Come on. | 别这样 |
| [26:53] | Don’t blame yourself, T. | 别责怪自己 |
| [26:55] | A lot of pressure on kids today, Tone. | 现在孩子的压力大 |
| [26:58] | Still, to try to kill himself? | 大得要去自杀? |
| [27:00] | It happens, skip. | 这事时有发生 头 |
| [27:03] | Happen to your kids? | 发生在你孩子身上了? |
| [27:05] | Or yours? | 还是你的? |
| [27:07] | They’re all different, Tone. | 他们的情况都不一样 Ton |
| [27:08] | My son Patrick? | 我儿子Patrick? |
| [27:10] | I love him to death | 我爱死他了 |
| [27:12] | but he can be a moody prick sometimes. | 但有时候他会是个喜怒无常的讨厌鬼 |
| [27:14] | Heather, you know, she was 1 5, | Heather在她15岁的时候 |
| [27:16] | she went through a rough patch. | 经历了一次严重的低谷 |
| [27:19] | Jason, same thing. | Jason也是 |
| [27:20] | And he’s got the hyperactivity to boot. | 他那时候还有小儿多动症 |
| [27:22] | My son too. The older one, James. | 我儿子也是 大的那个 James |
| [27:27] | – He tried to kill himself? – No. | – 他试过自杀吗? – 没 没有 |
| [27:29] | I don’t know, he gets the blues. | 他 有的时候会忧郁 |
| [27:33] | The important thing is AJ’s getting the help he needs. | 重要的是A.J现在得到他需要的帮助 |
| [27:37] | Whatever it is, I’m sure it’s a chemical imbalance. | 不管原因是什么 一定是身体内化学成分失衡 |
| [27:40] | Ask me, it’s all these toxins they’re exposed to. | 我看都是他们接触的那些有毒物质 |
| [27:44] | It fucks with their brains. | 毒坏了大脑 |
| [27:46] | Between the mercury in fish alone, | 单单鱼肉里的汞就能把人毒倒 |
| [27:48] | it’s a wonder there ain’t more kids jumping off bridges. | 现在越来越少人去跳桥真是个奇迹 |
| [28:13] | I can’t fucking shake it. | 我没法不去想那事 |
| [28:15] | Shake what? | 什么事? |
| [28:18] | – I’m depressed. – Excuse me? | – 我很抑郁 – 你说什么? |
| [28:21] | I’m depressed. | 我很抑郁 |
| [28:23] | I’m telling you, don’t you start now. | 我告诉你 現在別提起这事 |
| [28:26] | – What does that mean? – It means what it means. | – 你这是什么意思? – 该是什么意思就是什么意思 |
| [28:28] | I have enough on my plate. I don’t need you adding to it with your bullshit. | 我已经够烦的了 别拿你那屁事给我添乱 |
| [28:31] | Bullshit? | 屁事? |
| [28:33] | It’s an illness. | 这是一种病 |
| [28:35] | And it’s fucking hereditary. | 而且还是遗传的 |
| [28:36] | Thank you, I know. | 我知道 谢谢提醒 |
| [28:38] | I am intimately acquainted with the Soprano curse. | 我太了解你们Soprano家的诅咒 |
| [28:40] | Your father, your uncle, your great-grandfather | 你爸爸 你叔叔 你爷爷的爷爷 |
| [28:43] | who drove the donkey cart off the road in Avellino, | 还有他在阿韦利诺把驴车赶到沟里的事 |
| [28:45] | – all of it. – You think it’s a joke? | – 所有的一切 – 你觉得这是个笑话吗? |
| [28:48] | – Am I laughing? – Then what are you saying? | – 我在笑吗? – 那你是什么意思? |
| [28:54] | He didn’t get it from my family, | 不是我们家遗传给他的 |
| [28:56] | that’s all I’m gonna say. | 我的话就到这了 |
| [28:59] | Your family don’t even talk. | 你们家的人基本不说话 |
| [29:01] | Your father’s so bottled up | 你爸那么自闭 |
| [29:02] | it’s a wonder he’s even got a stomach left. | 他还有胃口去吃饭真是少见 |
| [29:04] | As opposed to yours? | 你们家不是? |
| [29:06] | My father was out-front about what bothered him. | 至少我爸能勇敢面对 |
| [29:08] | With a bullet through your mother’s beehive hairdo. | 对啊 开枪打穿你母亲的蜂窝发型 |
| [29:11] | I knew it. | 哦 我就知道 |
| [29:12] | I was wondering how long it would take for you to throw that at me. | 我还在想你要等多久 才拿这事出来找我茬 |
| [29:16] | You’re amazing. You know? | 你真的很了不起 你知道吗? |
| [29:17] | In high school, you were the happy-go-lucky rascal, | 高中的时候 你是一个逍遥自在的小坏蛋 |
| [29:21] | the comedian, the rapscallion. | 喜剧演员 痞子 |
| [29:23] | But all of that was bullshit, wasn’t it? | 但那一切全都是假的 不是吗? |
| [29:25] | Poor you. | 哦 可怜的你 |
| [29:27] | She got married under false pretences. | 原来是被骗嫁人的 |
| [29:29] | You’ve been playing the depression card | 你一直在耍抑郁的伎俩 |
| [29:31] | until it is worn to shreds. | 等到玩不转的时候 |
| [29:33] | And now you’ve got our son doing it. | 又开始让你儿子接着耍 |
| [29:35] | Card? Card? | 伎俩? 伎俩? |
| [29:37] | You heard me. | 你听到了 |
| [29:38] | So it’s all me, | 哦 这都是我的错了? |
| [29:40] | our sonny boy? You had nothing to do with it? | 我们的宝贝儿子? 你一点责任没有? |
| [29:42] | It wears you down, Tony. That’s all I’m saying. | 他是继承你的衣钵了 Tony 我没什么可说的了 |
| [29:46] | Do you have any idea what it’s like to spend day after day | 你知不知道跟一个整天抱怨的人 |
| [29:49] | with somebody who is constantly complaining? | 一起生活是什么感觉? |
| [29:54] | Fuck you. | 去死吧你 |
| [30:13] | It could have been a cry for help. | 这有可能是一种对于帮助的渴求 |
| [30:16] | Aren’t you listening? He did cry for help. | 你在听我说吗? 他的确在叫救命 |
| [30:19] | He’s lucky I came home and heard him. | 他很幸运 正好赶上我回家听见了 |
| [30:21] | I meant the botched attempt. | 我是指他自杀的方法并不高明 |
| [30:24] | On some level, he may have known | 在某种程度上 他本人也许知道 . |
| [30:26] | that the rope was too long to keep him submerged. | 绳子太长不至于淹死他 |
| [30:29] | Or he could just be a fucking idiot. | 或者他只是个白痴 |
| [30:32] | Historically, that’s been the case. | 曾经有过这样的病例 |
| [30:38] | Me and Carm were getting along so good too. | 我和Carmela以前也相处得很好 |
| [30:44] | My father and his panic attacks, | 我父亲和他的惊恐症 |
| [30:47] | my fucking demented uncle, | 还有我那疯子叔叔 |
| [30:49] | not to mention the other one, Eckley the fucking retard. | 另一个就别提了 Eckley叔叔是弱智的 |
| [30:54] | You think there are other reasons why your son is so unhappy? | 你认为你儿子不开心有其他原因吗? |
| [30:57] | He’s got the world by the balls, | 他该有的都有了 |
| [31:01] | every fucking advantage, | 所有的优越条件 |
| [31:03] | and he hits one little pothole and he goes into hysterics. | 这么一丁点挫折就弄得歇斯底里了 |
| [31:10] | Yeah, I know. | 是 我知道 |
| [31:14] | I’m not taking the rap, | 我才不去责备自己 |
| [31:16] | not completely. | 不是完全不 |
| [31:20] | She coddled him, his mother. I said it before. | 她母亲把他惯坏了 我以前就说过 |
| [31:25] | Every little problem, she’s right there to pick him up | 有一点小问题 她就在那安慰他 |
| [31:27] | and wipe off his tears | 用她的围裙带 |
| [31:29] | on her apron strings. | 擦去他的眼泪 |
| [31:31] | Children need to feel safe. | 孩子需要感觉到安全 |
| [31:34] | I’m sure that made him into the man he is today. | 我肯定那就是造成他软弱的原因 |
| [31:36] | Are you ashamed of him? | 你为他感到羞耻吗? |
| [31:43] | Yeah, actually I am. | 对 有这感觉 |
| [31:47] | The coward’s way out. | 懦夫的结局 |
| [31:49] | Isn’t that what they call it? | 人们不都这么说吗? |
| [31:50] | I think whoever said that didn’t understand depression. | 我认为说那话的人不知道何为抑郁 |
| [31:55] | But you do, don’t you? | 但你知道 不是吗? |
| [32:09] | Where’s Dad? | 爸呢? |
| [32:11] | Meadow got rear-ended on Bloomfield Avenue. | 哦 Meadow的车在布菲大街被追尾了 |
| [32:14] | – He’ll come see you later. – Is he still mad? | – 他晚一点才来看你 – 他还在生我的气吗? |
| [32:17] | He was never mad, AJ. | 他从来都没生气 A.J. |
| [32:19] | He loves you. | 他爱你 |
| [32:23] | How long do I have to stay here? | 我得在这呆多长时间? |
| [32:25] | Dr. Vogel thinks it might be a good idea for | Vogel医生觉得这段时间 |
| [32:27] | the time being just to take a time-out. | 你呆在这会比较好 休息一下 |
| [32:30] | Like I’m in preschool | 我好像回幼儿园了 |
| [32:45] | Did you see Dr. Vogel today? | 今天你见到Vogel医生了吗? |
| [32:47] | Today we have group. | 我们今天分组活动 |
| [32:58] | Did you eat today? | 今天吃饭了吗? |
| [33:00] | I had some turkey. It had no flavour at all. | 吃了点火鸡肉 根本没味道 |
| [33:03] | I’ll bring some chicken parm tomorrow. | 明天我给你带点芝士烤鸡 |
| [33:07] | I don’t think that’s allowed on | 我认为那是不允许的 |
| [33:09] | account of all the bulimic girls. | 因为这有好多贪食症女孩 |
| [33:16] | So it’s front-row mezzanine at Grey Gardens | 在看”灰色花园”的前排包厢里 |
| [33:19] | – and the guy says – Excuse me. | – 有个人说 – 打搅一下? |
| [33:22] | – You’re Tony Soprano’s kid? – Yeah. | – 你是Tony Soprano的孩子吧? – 没错 |
| [33:24] | Small world, running into you like this. | 世界真小啊 能在这碰到你 |
| [33:27] | I’m sorry, do I know you? | 不好意思 我认识你吗? |
| [33:29] | You got a little cream on your mouth, sweetie. | 你嘴上沾了点奶油 甜心 (Cream这里暗指精液) |
| [33:32] | Be happy to add to it. | 能给你添点就好了 |
| [33:34] | – What? – Excuse me. | – 什么? – 不好意思 |
| [33:35] | Lucky guy, her dad. | 她老爸运气好 生了个漂亮女儿 |
| [33:37] | Must be fun tucking her in at night. | 晚上她跟你吃东西一定很有意思 哈? |
| [33:40] | – Do you have a problem? – Not yet. | – 你是不是想找事? – 还没 |
| [33:43] | Would you like one? | 你想吗? |
| [33:45] | Coco, come on. | Coco 走吧 |
| [33:47] | What? I’m saying hello. | 怎么了? 我只是打个招呼 |
| [33:49] | Come on, let’s go. | 走 我们走 |
| [33:51] | Hey, best to your dad. | 给你爸爸带好 哈? |
| [34:00] | What the hell was that? | 他是什么意思? |
| [34:05] | but that is not for you to decide. | 但这不是由你决定的 |
| [34:07] | Don’t say anything. | 什么都别说 |
| [34:12] | What, are you two talking about me again? | 干什么呢 你们俩又在说我? |
| [34:19] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
| [34:21] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
| [34:24] | What? | 怎么了? |
| [34:29] | Do you know a guy named Coco? | 你认识一个叫Coco的人吗? |
| [34:31] | Why? | 为什么问他的事? |
| [34:34] | She was out on a date last night | 她昨晚跟人约会 |
| [34:36] | and he came over and pulled some crap. | 后来他走过来说了些废话 |
| [34:38] | What? | 什么? |
| [34:41] | How? | 怎么回事? |
| [34:42] | We were in the city, Little ltaly. | 我们当时在城里的小意大利区吃饭 |
| [34:44] | We were having dessert | 吃甜点的时候 |
| [34:46] | and he came up out of nowhere | 他不知道从哪冒出来的 |
| [34:47] | and just started saying all this weird stuff. | 然后就开始说一些奇怪的话 |
| [34:50] | What kind of weird stuff? | 什么奇怪的话? |
| [34:53] | How he’d like to tuck me in at night. | 说他晚上很想请我吃东西 |
| [34:54] | Stuff like that. | 就那些话 |
| [34:56] | – Tuck you in? – I could smell the sambuca on his breath. | – 吃东西? – 我都能闻到他满口酒气 |
| [35:01] | What exactly did he say? | 他究竟说了什么? |
| [35:04] | He came up to us | 他走到我们那桌 |
| [35:07] | and he asked me if I was your daughter | 接着问我是不是你女儿 |
| [35:10] | and then he said | 然后他说我嘴上的 |
| [35:13] | I had whipped cream on my mouth. | 奶油没擦干净 |
| [35:15] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
| [35:18] | What else did he say? | 他还说什么了? |
| [35:26] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
| [35:28] | It’s OK. He’s an idiot | 没事 他是个白痴 |
| [35:31] | but he’s harmless. | 但他没有恶意 |
| [35:35] | I’ll talk to somebody. | 我会找人谈谈 |
| [35:41] | So this boy you’re dating, | 那个和你约会的男孩 |
| [35:43] | this man, who is he? | 这个男人 他是谁? |
| [35:45] | You promise not to start with an inquisition? | 你们保证不对我刨根问底? |
| [35:48] | Will you stop with all the secrecy, please? | 那你就别保守秘密了 好吗? |
| [35:52] | – It’s Patrick Parisi, OK? – You’re kidding me. | – 是Patrick Parisi 行了吧? – 你不是开玩笑吧? |
| [35:56] | That’s exactly why I didn’t want to tell you | 这就是我想不告诉你们的原因 |
| [35:58] | and why he didn’t tell Uncle Patsy. | 他也没告诉Patsy叔叔 |
| [36:02] | I thought he Where are you going? | 我以为他 你上哪去? |
| [36:04] | Meeting. Sil. | 开会 和Sil |
| [36:06] | We have Dr. Vogel later, don’t forget. | 我们还约了Vogel医生 别忘了 |
| [36:11] | I thought Pat Parisi was engaged. | 我以为Pat Parisi已经订婚了 |
| [36:13] | They broke it off. | 他们分手了 |
| [36:15] | We kind of hooked up at the Cleaver premiere, | 我们在”无敌猪肉刀”试映里认识的 |
| [36:17] | we started talking. | 我们一起聊天 |
| [36:19] | He’s changed a lot. | 他变了好多 |
| [36:21] | I really like him. | 我真的很喜欢他 |
| [36:23] | So why the big mystery all this time? | 那你为什么一直都不让我们知道? |
| [36:25] | I knew you and Daddy never liked him. | 我知道你和爸爸从来都不喜欢他 |
| [36:28] | No, it’s not that we didn’t like him, | 不 不是那样的 我们不是不喜欢他 |
| [36:30] | it’s just… | 只是… |
| [36:34] | So all those times you told me | 那么以前你跟我说 |
| [36:36] | you were staying with your friend Kimmie in the city, | 你和朋友Kimmie住在城里 |
| [36:38] | I suppose you were at his apartment? | 我猜你是一直呆在他那了吧? |
| [36:41] | Sometimes. | 有时侯 |
| [36:46] | Look, there’s something else. | 还有点别的事 |
| [36:48] | What? | 什么事? |
| [36:51] | I’ve decided not to go to med school. | 我已经决定不学医了 |
| [36:54] | What? Why? | 什么? 为什么? |
| [36:56] | It’s just too hard. | 哦 就是太难了 |
| [36:58] | – lsn’t anything that’s worthwhile? – You have no idea. | – 你这么做值得吗? – 你又不知道个中滋味 |
| [37:02] | – Of course not. – Don’t get sarcastic. | – 我当然不知道 – 别讽刺我 |
| [37:05] | I really think it’s law for me. | 我还是觉得法律适合我 |
| [37:08] | You should hear Patrick talk about the justice system | 你应该听听Patrick谈论司法体制 |
| [37:11] | and what it means. | 还有其中的意义 |
| [37:13] | It’s really inspiring. | 真的很启发人 |
| [37:29] | Obviously Sheila resents me. I’m dating her father. | 很明显Sheila会讨厌我 因为我在跟他爸爸约会 |
| [37:33] | The sullen looks, | 一脸愠色 好像把她和她妈妈 |
| [37:37] | the transference to me of her issues with her mom. | 之间的问题都转移到我身上来了 |
| [37:39] | As your favourite patient says, | 正如你最喜欢的那个病人所说的 |
| [37:41] | “Maybe I should put my shoe up her ass?” | “也许我应该好好教训她一顿” |
| [37:44] | Which patient of mine says that? | 我的哪个病人说的 |
| [37:46] | – Mine, Elliot. | 我那个 Elliot |
| [37:48] | Your favourite patient of mine | 我的病人中你最喜欢的那个 |
| [37:53] | He hasn’t been in the paper much lately. | 他最近好像没上过报纸 |
| [37:56] | You miss that, don’t you? | 你很怀念我跟你说他的事 对吧 |
| [37:58] | My father was a rabid Untouchables fan. | 我父亲是”铁面无私”的死忠粉丝 |
| [38:01] | Make of that what you will. | 这会让你怎么想呢? |
| [38:08] | What, Elliot? | 怎么了 Elliot? |
| [38:09] | I ran into Nancy Duggan last week. | 上周我碰巧去了Nancy Duggan那 |
| [38:12] | – Do you know Nancy Duggan? – Vaguely. | – 你知道谁是Nancy Duggan吗? – 有点印象 |
| [38:15] | She’s on staff at Rikers lsland, | 她正在雷克斯岛研究一项课题 (纽约最大监狱) |
| [38:16] | works with a lot of sociopaths, as you can imagine. | 和很多反社会的人在一起 你能想像得到 |
| [38:19] | Anyway, she told me something interesting. | 总之 她告诉了我一些有意思的事 |
| [38:23] | A lot of studies about talk therapy | 很多关于谈话治疗的研究 |
| [38:26] | as it relates to sociopaths | 尤其是跟反社会人士 |
| [38:28] | and criminals, | 和犯罪有关的谈话治疗 |
| [38:30] | one of them is The Criminal Personality conducted | 其中一项在圣伊丽莎白学院 |
| [38:33] | by Yochelson at St Elizabeth’s. | 由Yochelson负责的犯罪人格研究 |
| [38:36] | Essentially | 基本上 |
| [38:38] | it concludes that | 得出了这样的结论 |
| [38:40] | talk therapy, | 谈话治疗 |
| [38:42] | while not only being useless with sociopaths, | 除了对反社会者不起作用之外 |
| [38:46] | actually serves to validate them. | 实际上还帮助他们 把自己的行为合理化 |
| [38:50] | Yochelson says | Yochelson还认为这会使他们 |
| [38:54] | they sharpen their skills as conmen on their therapists. | 更圆滑地应对他们的心理医生 |
| [38:57] | Crocodile tears, what have you. | 假慈悲 装可怜 诸如此类 |
| [39:00] | Why are you smirking? | 你皮笑肉不笑的干嘛? |
| [39:02] | – I’m not. – Really? | – 我没有 – 哦 是吗? |
| [39:05] | We showed data. | 有数据证明 |
| [39:07] | The one-year reconviction rates | 接受治疗的罪犯 |
| [39:10] | were higher for offenders in therapy | 在一年内的再犯率要高于 |
| [39:13] | than for those receiving no treatment at all. | 那些没接受治疗的罪犯 |
| [39:25] | Some peppers and cheese. | 恩 一些辣椒粉和奶酪 |
| [39:28] | Gorgonzola, all right? Don’t forget. | 呃 别忘了干酪 |
| [39:37] | – Sit down. – Easy. | – 坐下 – 别乱来 我坐 |
| [39:41] | You motherfucker. My fucking daughter? | 你个杂种 调戏我女儿? |
| [39:44] | My fucking daughter, you motherfucker. | 我女儿? 杂种 |
| [39:50] | Want some sambuca with this? | 嘿 给你这个下酒怎么样? |
| [39:52] | Tony, you’re making a big fucking mistake here. | Tony 你正在自毁前程 |
| [39:57] | How about I put a bullet in your fucking head? | 给你脑袋上来一枪 怎么样? |
| [40:08] | Don’t do it! | 别杀他! |
| [40:16] | You want some? | 你也想尝尝? |
| [40:33] | It’s always what you think, isn’t it? | 总是你认为 不是吗? |
| [40:35] | It’s never how I feel. | 从来和我的感受无关 |
| [40:39] | Poor you. | 哦 真难为你了 |
| [40:41] | It’s all your mother’s fault, isn’t it? | 这都是你妈妈的错 是吗? |
| [40:43] | – I didn’t say that. – You’re a mama’s boy. | – 我没那么说 – 你是个扶不起的阿斗 |
| [40:46] | You’re gonna call me names now? | 你们现在要骂我了? |
| [40:48] | No one is calling anyone any names. | 没有谁会去指责谁 |
| [40:50] | How about my confirmation? | 还有成人礼那次 |
| [40:52] | You called me an animal. | 你骂我禽兽 |
| [40:54] | I did not! | 我没有! |
| [40:55] | I was in the garage and you said, | 我在车库里的时候你说 . |
| [40:58] | “What kind of animal smokes marijuana at his confirmation?” | “什么禽兽会在自己的成人礼上吸大麻”? |
| [41:01] | He was using illegal drugs in the home. | 他在家里吸毒 |
| [41:04] | Did it ever occur to you that I might have been self-medicating? | 那事没让你们意识到我可能是在自我药疗? |
| [41:09] | Give me a break, will you? | 你少废话 行不行? |
| [41:12] | And how about second grade? | 还有二年级的时候 |
| [41:15] | You made me show up to school in that dorky raincoat. | 你让我穿着那件老土雨衣上学 |
| [41:18] | I got beat up because of it. | 就因为这事我被同学打一顿 |
| [41:23] | You would hole up in that room for hours. | 你在房间里一躲就是几个小时 |
| [41:26] | Because I was never really secure expressing my feelings in that house. | 因为我根本不能在家里 放心地表达自己的情感 |
| [41:31] | I mean, that’s why. | 我的意思是 那才是原因 |
| [41:40] | What kind of poem is that to teach college students? | 学校怎么能教学生那种诗? |
| [41:50] | Would you like to tell your parents | 你想告诉你父母 |
| [41:52] | what your grandmother said? | 你的祖母说过的话吗? |
| [41:54] | My mother? | 我母亲? |
| [41:59] | Grandma. Dad’s mom. | 是奶奶..爸爸的母亲 |
| [42:02] | What did she say? | 她说什么了? |
| [42:03] | That it’s all a big nothing. | 一切都是虚无的 |
| [42:06] | What is? – | 什么虚无? |
| [42:08] | Life. | 人生 |
| [42:13] | That was her, all right. | 这是她的话 没错 |
| [42:14] | OK, fine, she said those kinds of things. | 好 没关系 她就喜欢说那些话 |
| [42:17] | She sat up in bed | 她从床上坐起来了 |
| [42:20] | when she could hardly move. | 她那时几乎不能动弹 |
| [42:22] | She could hardly breathe. | 呼吸也很困难 |
| [42:26] | She said in the end that your friends and family let you down, | 她说到最后你的朋友和家人都会让你失望 |
| [42:30] | and that you die in your own arms. | 你只能一个人孤单地死去 |
| [42:33] | When was this? | 这是什么时候的事? |
| [42:34] | When she was in that nursing home | 她在疗养院的时候 |
| [42:36] | and you made me go see her. | 你们还老叫我去看她 |
| [42:44] | We’re not too young to be grandpas. | 我们这年纪已经能当爷爷了 |
| [42:52] | Ton? Tone? | |
| [42:54] | Carmine Lupertazzi Carmine Lupertazzi. | |
| [42:56] | – I’ll see you later, skip. – All right. | – 回见 – 好 |
| [43:01] | We should have dinner, you know, | 我们应该吃顿饭 |
| [43:02] | Carm, Donna, maybe the kids. | 叫上Carmela Donna 还有孩子们 |
| [43:05] | Yeah. | 对 |
| [43:06] | I hear wedding bells are in the air. | 我都听见结婚的钟声了 |
| [43:14] | You want anything? | 想来点什么? |
| [43:16] | No, I’m good. | 不用 我很好 |
| [43:26] | If there’s anything I can do, Tony, for Anthony Jr. | 如果我能为A.J做点什么 Tony |
| [43:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
| [43:31] | When Alexandra had that bout of anorexia, | Alexandra患上厌食症的时候 |
| [43:33] | we had this terrific psychologist. | 我们找了一个非常好的心理医生 |
| [43:36] | She tried to kill herself, your daughter? | 她试过自杀 你的女儿? |
| [43:38] | No. | 没 |
| [43:40] | She had serious problems, though, didn’t she? | 那她有严重的心理问题 是吗? |
| [43:43] | Not really. It’s all under control. | 也不是 一切都得到了控制 |
| [43:48] | So, | 那 |
| [43:50] | the reason I’m here, | 我来这的原因 |
| [43:52] | you could probably guess. | 你大概也能猜到 |
| [43:54] | What happened at Coco’s restaurant. | Coco的餐厅的事 |
| [43:57] | This alteration you had with him, | 你和他之间的这次冲突 |
| [44:01] | you’re at the precipice, Tony, | 你无路可退了 Tony |
| [44:03] | of an enormous crossroad. | 好比在一个危险的十字路口 |
| [44:05] | Phil’s considering shutting down the Hackensack Mall project | 我们正在这谈的时候 说不定 |
| [44:08] | with a plumbing strike as we speak. | Phil正在考虑发动罢工来 关闭Hackensack商场的工地 |
| [44:10] | Fuck it. Let him. | 去他妈的 随便他 |
| [44:12] | Easy for you. I have the scaffolding contract. | 你倒轻松 我还有脚手架的合同在工程里 |
| [44:15] | Is that what this is about, Carmine? | 哦 你关心的是这个 Carmine? |
| [44:17] | What do I owe you? | 我欠你什么吗? |
| [44:18] | Come on. You know me better than that. | 别这样 你知道我什么意思 |
| [44:21] | My daughter, Carmine. My daughter. | 是我女儿 Carmine 我的女儿 |
| [44:25] | You got a little girl. | 你也有女儿 |
| [44:27] | You almost killed the guy. | 你差点把人杀了 |
| [44:29] | I should have killed him. I’d have had total support | 我就应该杀了他 而且一点都不理亏 |
| [44:31] | – but I held myself back. – You were being prudent. | – 但是我手下留情了! – 你还是很谨慎的 |
| [44:35] | Fuck that. | 别拍马屁了 |
| [44:40] | I lost it. | 我当时气炸了 |
| [44:43] | Timing couldn’t have been worse, but what the fuck? | 时机确实坏得不能再坏 不过又能怎样忍呢? |
| [44:46] | So you go to Phil, | 那么你去Phil那里 |
| [44:48] | I go with you, hats in hand, | 我跟你一起去 毕恭毕敬地 |
| [44:51] | bended knees. | 负荆请罪 |
| [45:06] | Why me? | 为什么是我 哈? |
| [45:09] | Doesn’t every parent make mistakes? | 有哪个父亲不犯错 |
| [45:11] | Why not you? | 为什么不是你? |
| [45:14] | Cos I’m a good guy, | 因为我是个好人 |
| [45:16] | basically. | 基本上是 |
| [45:19] | I love my family. | 我爱我的家人 |
| [45:23] | There’s a balance. There’s a ying and a yang. | 这里面有一个平衡 一个阴一个阳 |
| [45:33] | You think you know. You think you learned something. | 你以为你懂了 你以为你学到东西了 |
| [45:39] | Like when I got shot. | 在被枪伤的时候 |
| [45:41] | Know what? | 懂得什么了? |
| [45:46] | All right. | 我就跟你说 |
| [45:49] | When I was in Las Vegas, I took peyote. | 在拉斯维加斯的时候 我磕了仙人掌 |
| [45:54] | Curiosity, I don’t know. | 可能是因为好奇 |
| [45:57] | You were searching for something. | 你那时候在寻觅什么? |
| [46:01] | Well, I saw some things. Not things per se, | 我看到了一些东西 不是真实的 |
| [46:04] | hallucinations, | 是幻觉 |
| [46:07] | Roger Corman shit. | 像恐怖电影里那些 |
| [46:09] | – There wasn’t any of that. – What was there? | – 其实有点失望 那里根本没有那些东西 – 那有什么? |
| [46:12] | It’s kind of hard to describe. | 很难形容 |
| [46:16] | You’ve done it, right? Acid, shit like that. | 你也磕过药吧? 迷幻药那些东西 |
| [46:19] | No. | 没有 |
| [46:26] | All I can say is | 我只能说 |
| [46:29] | I saw, for pretty certain, | 我看见了 而且十分肯定地 |
| [46:32] | that this, | 看见了 |
| [46:35] | everything we see and experience, | 我们看到的和经历过的 |
| [46:37] | is not all there is. | 都不在那里 |
| [46:39] | What else is there? | 那里还有什么? |
| [46:42] | Something else. | 其他一些东西 |
| [46:47] | But that’s as far as I’m gonna go with it. | 不过我就是随着那些东西走 |
| [46:49] | I don’t fucking know. | 我真的不知道是什么东西 |
| [46:52] | Alternate universes? | 另一个宇宙? |
| [46:54] | You gonna be a fucking comedian now? | 你现在想当喜剧演员了? |
| [46:56] | I’m not. | 不是 |
| [47:00] | Maybe. | 也许 |
| [47:03] | This is gonna sound stupid, | 这听起来挺傻的 |
| [47:08] | but I saw at one point that our mothers are… | 但有一个瞬间我看到我们的母亲 |
| [47:14] | they’re bus drivers. | 她们是巴士司机 |
| [47:22] | No, they are the bus. | 她们是 不 她们就是巴士 |
| [47:24] | See, they’re the vehicle that gets us here. | 她们本身就是把我们带到那的车 |
| [47:27] | They drop us off and go on their way. | 她们把我们送到那然后就开走了 |
| [47:31] | They continue on their journey. | 继续她们的旅程 |
| [47:33] | And the problem is that we keep trying to get back on the bus | 而问题是我们一直想回到巴士上 |
| [47:36] | instead of just letting it go. | 而不是让她们就这么走了 |
| [47:43] | That’s very insightful. | 很有深度 |
| [47:46] | Jesus, don’t act so surprised. | 天啊 别装得那么惊讶 |
| [47:57] | You know, | 你知道 |
| [47:59] | you have these thoughts and you almost grab it. | 你有了这些念头 几乎可以触手即及 |
| [48:02] | And then… | 接着却… |
| [48:13] | Butch, how are you? | Butch 你好吗? |
| [48:14] | Phil is not accepting visitors right now. | Phil现在不见客 |
| [48:17] | I just talked to him on the phone. | 我刚给他打完电话 Butchie |
| [48:20] | I just talked to him in person. | 我刚和他本人谈过 |
| [48:21] | He ain’t seeing nobody. | 他谁也不见 |
| [48:23] | What’s going on, Butch? | 这是什么意思 Butch? |
| [48:25] | I just brokered this thing. | 我刚刚撮合了这件事 |
| [48:27] | He came here to make a peace offering. | 他来这是为了和解 |
| [48:29] | A semi-trailer of drills, Makitas. | 他带了半车日本牧田钻孔机来 |
| [48:32] | We don’t want your fucking drills. | 我们才不要你的垃圾钻孔机 |
| [48:34] | Fuck it. | 算了 |
| [48:36] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
| [48:53] | That’s right, cocksucker! | 这就对了 鸟人! |
| [48:55] | – Go back to New Jersey! – Phil, what are you doing? | – 滚回新泽西吧! – Phil 你这是干什么 |
| [48:58] | Take that piece of shit and get off my stoop. | 带上那人渣滚出我的门廊 |
| [49:01] | But we just talked about this. | 我们在电话里谈过这事 |
| [49:03] | Well, cooler heads prevailed. | 我们现在都清醒过来了 |
| [49:05] | – Uncle Philly. – Uncle Philly, my ass. | – Philly叔叔! – Philly叔叔个屁 |
| [49:08] | Will you just come down so we can discuss this? | 你能下来吗? 那我们就可以谈谈 |
| [49:10] | There’s nothing left to discuss, Carmine. | 没什么可谈的了 Carmine |
| [49:17] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
| [49:19] | Why is he like this? | 他为什么这样? |
| [49:27] | Hey, it’s Sleeping Beauty. | 嘿 睡美人 |
| [49:30] | I didn’t sleep a wink. | 我压根没睡 |
| [49:31] | I know. We’ve been waiting for you. | 我知道 我们一直在等你 |
| [49:33] | We have the chess set all ready. | 我们已经摆好棋盘了 |
| [49:35] | – He cheats. – Hello, Honest Abe? | – 他耍赖 – 拜託 诚实的Abe? |
| [49:38] | – Whatever. – We just haven ‘t played for so long. | – 无所谓了 – 我们好久都没玩了 |
| [49:41] | I know, I just got all this stress at work. | 我知道 工作的压力太大 |
| [49:43] | It’s cool, it happens to a lot of people. | 没事的 很多人都这样 |
| [49:45] | – Really? – Absolutely. | – 真的? – 骗人是小狗 |
| [49:47] | Over half of adults report experiencing | 半数以上的成年人都报称 |
| [49:49] | some kind of insomnia at least a few nights a week. | 一个星期里会失眠几个晚上 |
| [49:52] | We just want you back. | 我们只想要以前的你 |
| [49:54] | – Thanks, guys. – When you can ‘t sleep… | – 谢谢你们 – 当你睡不着的时候 |
| [50:09] | No food in the unit, sir. | 食物不能带进去 先生 |