时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Seven days. Seven more days passed | 七天 又过去了七天 |
[00:06] | and the levee broke wide open. | 人类的防线已经全面崩溃 |
[00:11] | The government exhausted its resources | 政府穷尽其资源 |
[00:14] | trying to contain the infections | 想控制感染 |
[00:16] | in Washington, Atlanta, Dallas, | 在华盛顿 亚特兰大和达拉斯的爆发 |
[00:21] | but it spread to 20 more cities, | 但疫情却蔓延至了另外20个城市 |
[00:24] | then 50. | 然后是50个 |
[00:28] | There was nowhere to run. | 根本无处可逃 |
[00:33] | Outbreaks were reported in Germany, | 疫情随后在德国 |
[00:36] | India, Africa, | 印度 非洲 |
[00:41] | Japan. | 日本爆发 |
[00:42] | 英政府宣布将淹没英吉利海峡隧道 法国表示不满 | |
[00:42] | Countries tried their own ways to stop it, | 各个国家都尝试用自己的办法阻止疫情 |
[00:45] | but to no avail. | 但并无效果 |
[00:45] | 中国政府轰炸受感染城市成都 数千人丧命 病毒并未被根除 | |
[00:49] | One global environment now engaged in a global war. | 整个世界都陷入了这场全球性战争中 |
[00:57] | Here in New York, we held our battle lines | 在纽约 我们守住了战线 |
[01:00] | against an enemy that continued to evolve. | 而敌人在不断进化 |
[01:05] | But for how much longer? | 我们还能抵抗多久 |
[01:08] | Were we still seeking victory | 我们还在寻求获胜 |
[01:09] | or simply forestalling defeat? | 还是仅仅在延迟失败 |
[01:23] | There’s no need to take your next turn. You’ve already lost. | 你不用再下了 你已经输了 |
[01:27] | Bullshit. | 扯淡 |
[01:30] | We can play out the next six moves, | 我们可以再走六步 |
[01:32] | or you can just knock over your king right now. | 或者你可以直接放倒你的王 |
[01:37] | Maintain some dignity. | 保留点尊严 |
[01:41] | Yeah, it’s not gonna happen. | 想得美 |
[01:46] | Fine, it was bullshit. | 好吧 我是在唬你 |
[01:50] | But this game is so boring! | 但这游戏闷死了 |
[01:53] | Yeah, well, I think it’s over, anyway. Behind you. | 反正也下不下去了 你身后 |
[02:00] | Yeah, you’ve got some of your own. | 你那边也有 |
[02:14] | We’re only keeping one, right? | 我们只留一个是吧 |
[02:16] | Yeah, the smallest one. | 对 留最小的那个 |
[02:22] | You can thank me later. | 你可以回头再谢我 |
[02:35] | Look at that. | 看啊 |
[02:38] | Is that all the bioweapon does now? | 生物武器现在就这点威力了吗 |
[02:40] | I’ve seen worse with herpes. | 疱疹都比这厉害 |
[02:43] | From strigoi WMD | 从返魂尸大规模杀伤性武器 |
[02:44] | to “Not as bad as herpes.” | 变成「不如疱疹厉害」了 |
[02:46] | Not a great week. | 这周真不顺 |
[02:58] | This will work. | 就这儿吧 |
[03:11] | Welcome to the lab, love. | 欢迎来到实验室 亲爱的 |
[03:12] | Thanks for donating your body to science. | 感谢你为科学捐躯 |
[03:41] | Come on. | 好了 |
[03:46] | You jealous? | 嫉妒了吗 |
[03:51] | There’s enough for both of you, man. | 够你俩用的 |
[03:53] | Later, my bitches. | 回见了 小婊砸 |
[05:15] | I’m reading a chapter on strigoi hunters. | 这一章是关于返魂尸猎人的 |
[05:18] | A long line of them, | 一脉相承 |
[05:19] | dating all the way back to the ancient Sumerians. | 能追溯到古苏美尔人 |
[05:23] | A Phoenician hunter set fire to a ship full of people | 一名腓尼基猎人点火烧死了一船人 |
[05:27] | merely on the suspicion that there was a strigoi on board. | 仅仅因为怀疑船上有一个返魂尸 |
[05:30] | How is any of this useful? | 看这些有什么用 |
[05:33] | There’s a commonality among all these hunters: | 这些猎人有个共同点 |
[05:37] | the desire to act alone. | 都想独来独往 |
[05:40] | They appear monomaniacal | 他们偏执 |
[05:43] | and often seem to be gripped by madness. | 往往变得疯狂 |
[05:49] | Good thing none of this applies to you. | 幸好你不是这里面说的样子 |
[05:52] | Or you. | 你也是 |
[06:55] | It is rude to just stand there. | 光傻站着是很无礼的 |
[06:59] | Mr. Pirk, is it? | 珀克先生 是吗 |
[07:01] | Yes. Roald Pirk. | 是的 罗尔德·珀克 |
[07:02] | And you are Ms. Van Orden? | 你是范·奥顿女士吗 |
[07:07] | You may call me Saskia. | 叫我萨丝琪娅就行 |
[07:10] | I passed along to my associate, | 我将你寄给我的物品来源文件 |
[07:12] | Mr. Kruger, the papers of provenance that you sent me, | 转交给了我的合伙人柯鲁格先生 |
[07:16] | and his interest in the item is greater than ever. | 他对这件东西更加感兴趣了 |
[07:20] | That is good news. | 那是好消息 |
[07:22] | Between us, Mr. Kruger is not his real name, is it? | 私下问一句 柯鲁格不是他的真名吧 |
[07:27] | What makes you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[07:28] | I did a little digging on my own. | 我也做了些调查 |
[07:30] | In my line of work, | 干我这行的 |
[07:31] | I need to make sure potential buyers have the means to close the deal. | 得确保潜在买家都有完成交易的资本 |
[07:35] | I assure you, Mr. Kruger has significant resources at his disposal. | 我保证 柯鲁格先生有雄厚的财力 |
[07:39] | Yes, if he is the person I suspect him to be, | 好吧 如果他真是如此的话 |
[07:42] | he is a viable buyer indeed. | 那么他的确是个可靠的买家 |
[07:44] | I just need you to verify a few details. | 麻烦你向我证实一些细节 |
[07:47] | Is he a German? | 他是德国人吗 |
[07:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:49] | And was he loyal to the Fatherland during the war? | 他在战时忠于父国吗 |
[07:53] | Yes, he was. | 是的 |
[07:56] | I heard a rumor | 我听到传言 |
[07:58] | he was employed at one of the concentration camps in Poland. | 他当时在波兰一间集中营工作 |
[08:03] | Doing good work there, in my opinion. | 依我看 工作得很不错 |
[08:08] | I wouldn’t know about that. | 那我就不知道了 |
[08:11] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[08:13] | Well, it would please me to meet him. | 我很希望见见他 |
[08:15] | And, upon completing a deal, | 希望等交易完成后 |
[08:18] | deliver the Lumen into his hand. | 能亲手把《陨落之光》交给他 |
[08:20] | I will warn you, | 我警告你 |
[08:22] | there have been others who have attempted to sell him forgeries. | 此前曾有别人企图卖赝品给他 |
[08:27] | They did not come to happy ends. | 他们的下场可不太好 |
[08:33] | This transaction will be nothing but honourable. | 这项交易绝对会正正当当 |
[08:51] | Difficult times are also opportunities | 艰难之际也是让人们 |
[08:53] | for people to come together. | 团结一心的机遇 |
[08:55] | You are not alone. | 你并不是孤身一人 |
[08:57] | At Stoneheart Freedom Centres, we have food… | 在石心自由中心 我们提供食物 |
[08:59] | …clean water, and medicine. | 洁净的用水 和医疗资源 |
[09:02] | All you need is your freedom card. | 您只需办理自由卡即可 |
[09:04] | Good morning, Eldritch. | 早啊 爱尔德里奇 |
[09:06] | Ah, Herr Eichorst. | 艾霍斯特先生 |
[09:14] | Eldritch. Are you alright? | 爱尔德里奇 你还好吗 |
[09:22] | – Nurse! – Mr. Palmer? Mr. Palmer? | -护士 -帕尔默先生 帕尔默先生 |
[09:26] | Mr. Palmer? | 帕尔默先生 |
[09:28] | – Can you hear me? – Yes. | -听得到吗 -听得到 |
[09:31] | A little help here, folks? | 帮帮忙啊 |
[09:39] | – Alright, come on. – There we go. | -好吧 来 -好了 |
[09:40] | There you go. | 起来吧 |
[09:46] | How many fingers am I holding up? | 这是几根手指 |
[09:47] | I’m fine. I just stumbled. | 我没事 就是跌了一跤 |
[09:50] | I’m going to get an IV. | 我给你输液 |
[09:51] | I… No need for that… | 不用了 |
[09:53] | We can come back another time if you’re not up for this. | 如果现在不便 我们可以改日再来 |
[09:57] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[09:58] | Sanjay Desai. | 桑贾伊·德塞 |
[10:00] | He’s a new associate of ours, Eldritch. | 他是我们的新伙伴 爱尔德里奇 |
[10:03] | Working to help us. | 来协助我们的 |
[10:05] | A very impressive young man. | 是位了不起的年轻人 |
[10:07] | And I hear that you are facilitating a very important shipment for us. | 听说您在为我们安排一趟很重要的货运 |
[10:11] | And what business is that of yours? | 那关你什么事 |
[10:14] | – Oh, it’s very much my business. – Come again? | -就关我的事 -你说什么 |
[10:17] | Don’t upset yourself, Eldritch. | 别自寻烦恼 爱尔德里奇 |
[10:19] | Now, what is the status of the Aurora Cutlass? | 曙光短剑号怎么样了 |
[10:23] | The ship left port in Egypt 31 days ago. | 31天前离开了埃及的港口 |
[10:28] | That’s excellent. | 太好了 |
[10:29] | Now we need you to make sure that it ports here in New York. | 我们需要你确保它会在纽约靠岸 |
[10:34] | Given the chaos of the moment, | 鉴于目前的混乱状况 |
[10:36] | it is a challenge for any vessel to be permitted in the harbour. | 任何船只想入港都不容易 |
[10:38] | Can you make sure that it docks? | 你能确保它靠港吗 |
[10:40] | Pardon me? | 你说什么 |
[10:41] | I’m sure Eldritch will accomplish this. | 我相信爱尔德里奇能办到的 |
[10:46] | What’s on that ship that’s so important? | 那艘船上有什么那么重要 |
[10:48] | If you need to know, | 如果需要你知道 |
[10:49] | then I will tell you. | 那我自会告诉你 |
[10:52] | In the meantime, please alert us the moment it reaches the docks. | 至于现在 船一靠港就请通知我们 |
[10:56] | Thank you. It’s been a pleasure. | 谢谢 非常荣幸 |
[10:59] | What’s been a pleasure? | 荣幸什么 |
[11:03] | This transaction. | 我们的交易 |
[11:04] | Have a good day. | 祝你愉快 |
[11:19] | Wow, you must have gotten up early. | 你起得很早吧 |
[11:21] | Never went to bed. | 压根就没睡 |
[11:23] | Here, look at this. | 来 看看这个 |
[11:26] | We haven’t been finding anything particularly useful, | 我们在内分泌和循环系统里寻找薄弱之处 |
[11:28] | looking for vulnerabilities in the endocrine and circulatory system. | 但一直没什么有用发现 |
[11:31] | And I figured let’s just start fresh. | 我就想不如重新开始 |
[11:33] | Let’s strip everything down to basics. | 从最基础的地方入手 |
[11:42] | This is it. That’s the parasite. | 就是它 这就是寄生虫 |
[11:45] | This is the organism that’s infecting people. | 这就是使人感染的生物体 |
[11:47] | This is what we’re fighting. | 这就是我们的敌人 |
[11:49] | So it’s just a stinger, a spinal column, and a brain? | 就是肉刺 脊柱和大脑吗 |
[11:52] | No, not just any brain. | 不是一般的大脑 |
[11:55] | The tissue is necrotic. | 这些组织是坏死的 |
[11:56] | If you or I had a brain this diseased, | 如果你我的大脑坏死到这种程度 |
[11:58] | we’d barely be able to maintain a heartbeat, | 连心跳都会难以维持 |
[12:00] | let alone coordinate with others or stalk prey. | 更别提跟其他人配合或跟踪猎物了 |
[12:03] | Now, look at this. | 看着 |
[12:08] | Worms. Not much better than shit for brains, if you ask me. | 虫子 要我说 不如一脑子屎呢 |
[12:11] | Yeah. The worms aren’t just the vector for transmission. | 是啊 虫子不仅是感染途径 |
[12:14] | They seem to comprise the core of their nervous system. | 它们似乎也是其神经系统的核心 |
[12:20] | And I’m never eating noodles again. Coffee? | 我再也不吃面条了 喝咖啡吗 |
[12:34] | Turn off the microwave! | 关掉微波炉 |
[12:39] | OK, turn it back on again. | 再打开 |
[12:41] | Why? | 干什么 |
[12:44] | Come here. | 过来 |
[12:50] | What do you think it is that they’re reacting to? | 你觉得它们是对什么有反应 |
[12:52] | Do you think microwaves are escaping? | 是微波泄露出来了吗 |
[12:54] | Not if you trust government safety regulations. | 如果你信任政府安全条例的话 就不是 |
[12:57] | So microwaves are definitely escaping. | 那么绝对是微波泄露出来了 |
[13:01] | And the worms are somehow responding to it. | 而虫子不知为何对此有反应 |
[13:07] | It’s like they’ve woken up. | 就好像它们醒了过来 |
[13:21] | This was supposed to be secure, Frank. | 这里本应该是安全的 弗兰克 |
[13:23] | Those people moved here because we told them it was a safe zone. | 他们搬进来是因为我们说这里安全了 |
[13:27] | It could have been a lot worse. Our response teams– | 本可能更严重的 我们的应急小组 |
[13:28] | I don’t need you spinning this. | 你别找借口 |
[13:30] | Just tell me how the hell they’re getting in here. | 告诉我它们是怎么进来的就行了 |
[13:33] | They must be coming from underground, somehow. | 它们肯定是不知怎么从地下过来的 |
[13:35] | You said we cleared all the tunnels. | 你说过我们已肃清了所有地下隧道 |
[13:37] | We did. | 没错 |
[13:38] | Well, however it’s magically happening, | 不管这事究竟是怎么发生的 |
[13:40] | they’ve got us chasing our tails. | 它们搞得我们团团转 |
[13:41] | These guys should’ve been out last night | 这些人昨晚本该出去 |
[13:44] | taking back the rest of Manhattan, | 夺回曼哈顿的其余地方 |
[13:45] | – not stuck here on clean-up duty, I mean– – i know– | -而不是困在这儿清理现场 -我知道 |
[13:49] | This is not how we win, Frank! | 这样是赢不了的 弗兰克 |
[13:51] | We’re moving backwards. | 我们在倒退 |
[13:54] | I’m trying. | 我尽力了 |
[13:54] | Not hard enough. | 还不够尽力 |
[13:57] | Let’s go, guys. | 走吧 各位 |
[14:16] | Great! A hipster strigoi… | 真好 嬉皮士返魂尸 |
[14:47] | It’s been a week. | 都一周了 |
[14:48] | Did you get the powder working again? | 你弄好药粉了吗 |
[14:49] | No, but look at this. | 还没 但你来看看这个 |
[14:52] | Hi, I’m Dutch Velders. | 我是达齐·维尔德斯 |
[14:54] | I fought with you, right here in Red Hook, actually. | 我跟你一起在红钩区作过战 |
[14:56] | Here, look at this. | 来 过来看看 |
[15:01] | We believe this is the communication center of the strigoi brain. | 我们认为这是返魂尸大脑的通讯中心 |
[15:05] | And watch this! | 再来看看这个 |
[15:06] | When I cause pain to Strigoi A… | 如果我让返魂尸A感到痛苦 |
[15:10] | I get a pronounced response in Strigoi B. | 返魂尸B会有明显反应 |
[15:13] | This proves that they’re communicating | 这证明它们之间的通讯 |
[15:14] | by way of some highly evolved signals. | 靠的是一种很高级的信号 |
[15:17] | This is a biological system. | 这是一个生物系统 |
[15:19] | The way a migratory bird can fly 3,000 miles | 就好像候鸟可以飞行三千英里 |
[15:22] | to some specific winter nesting spot in Mexico. | 去往墨西哥一个特定的冬季定居点 |
[15:26] | Complex? Mysterious? | 复杂吗 神秘吗 |
[15:27] | Yes, but empirically solvable. | 没错 但是凭经验是可以解决的 |
[15:30] | But you haven’t solved it. | 但你还没解决吧 |
[15:33] | I need a new weapon. | 我需要新武器 |
[15:35] | We are running out of time. | 我们要没时间了 |
[15:37] | You saw them last week? | 上周你看到它们了吧 |
[15:39] | You saw how they were different, less directed. | 它们行为变得异常 像没头苍蝇 |
[15:42] | Shut down their communication, | 切断它们的通讯系统 |
[15:43] | we can get them back into that condition. | 我们就能让它们重回那个状态 |
[15:46] | – Let’s go. – If we can pull this off, | -走吧 -如果我们能做到 |
[15:47] | we can have a devastating effect on them. | 就能对它们形成致命打击 |
[15:49] | Not “if.” When we’re going to. | 不是「如果」 我们肯定做得到 |
[15:51] | Then do it. And do it fast. | 那就做啊 赶紧的 |
[16:06] | Love her in person. | 本人很可爱啊 |
[17:06] | We’re supposed to keep the munchers out of the safe zones, | 我们该把吸血鬼隔离在安全区外面的 |
[17:08] | not give them new ways to come in– | 而不是给它们制造新的入口 |
[17:53] | So this is the thing that actually makes the microwaves in the microwave? | 这就是微波炉里面真正制造微波的东西吗 |
[17:57] | The magnetron, yeah. | 磁控管 没错 |
[17:59] | I’m using the radio | 我在用无线电发报机 |
[18:00] | to modulate a frequency with a signal from a dead station. | 调整一个停用电台的信号频率 |
[18:03] | So if I’m right about the microwaves being their carrier frequency, | 如果我猜对了 微波是它们的载波频率 |
[18:06] | then this should blast the strigoi with white noise, | 那么这应该能向返魂尸施加白噪音 |
[18:08] | and drown out all the communication it’s getting. | 从而淹没它的一切通讯 |
[18:13] | You know what might do the most good for New York in the meantime? | 你知道还有什么事能让全纽约受益吗 |
[18:16] | If Justine Faraldo got laid. | 贾丝汀·法莱多被人放倒 |
[18:18] | Well, that can be your next project. | 你把那作为下一个目标吧 |
[18:20] | Well, I was going to give that assignment to you. | 我还打算派你去做呢 |
[18:23] | She does have a kind of sexy power thing going on. | 她的确挺有魅力的 |
[18:27] | Now, I don’t trust you with this thing, | 这东西你摆弄不来 |
[18:29] | so you’re on torture duty. | 所以今天你就负责折磨它们 |
[18:35] | Speaking of “sexy power,” what about Fet? | 说到「魅力」 费特呢 |
[18:38] | Well, it might help your relationship with him | 如果他听到你这么说 |
[18:39] | if he heard you say that. | 或许你们的关系能缓和点 |
[18:42] | What about him? | 费特怎么了 |
[18:47] | – You guys gonna try to reconnect? – Think not. | -你们打算重燃旧情吗 -恐怕不会 |
[18:50] | He made it very clear | 他已经明确表示 |
[18:50] | he wants nothing more to do with me. | 他不想再跟我有什么关系 |
[18:53] | Microwave gun test commencing. | 开始测试微波枪 |
[19:00] | Look at that! | 看啊 |
[19:01] | There’s no more spike! | 没有峰值了 |
[19:04] | We’re actually blocking their signal! | 我们屏蔽了信号 |
[19:07] | Let’s not pop the champagne cork just yet. | 先别急着庆祝 |
[19:09] | Need to test this with real strigoi that aren’t strapped down | 我们得拿现实中没被绑住 |
[19:12] | with their guts hanging out. | 肠子也没露在外面的返魂尸试验一下 |
[19:14] | You’re very by the book, aren’t you? | 你真是个一丝不苟的人 |
[19:20] | It says here that an ancient Egyptian hunter from the town of Meir | 这里写到一名梅厄镇的古埃及猎人 |
[19:24] | managed to “Bury a plague, | 完成了「埋葬瘟疫 |
[19:27] | ending its terrible reign forever.” | 彻底终结了其统治」 |
[19:30] | How does one bury a… | 要怎么埋葬… |
[19:44] | “The seven plagues, | 「七瘟疫 |
[19:46] | mortal only to the face of God.” | 只会在上帝面前得以终结」 |
[19:50] | The seven Ancients. | 七个始祖 |
[19:54] | Could this Egyptian possibly have killed one? | 这个埃及人会不会杀了其中一个 |
[19:58] | The Old World Ancients are not all accounted for. | 旧世界的始祖如今下落不明 |
[20:02] | How did the Egyptians accomplish this? | 这个埃及人是怎么做到的 |
[20:04] | It doesn’t say. | 上面没说 |
[20:08] | It’s possible the details have been lost to history. | 具体情况可能已经堙没在历史中 |
[20:10] | I cannot believe that. | 我不信 |
[20:12] | The illustrations could contain some hidden meaning. | 这些插画可能藏有深意 |
[20:15] | It’s possible. | 有可能 |
[20:17] | Although it would be easier to discern | 如果我们看的是正本 |
[20:18] | if we were looking at the genuine article. | 就能更容易查明这一点 |
[20:24] | If you think I would let you | 如果你觉得我会让你 |
[20:26] | within a hundred feet of the Lumen– | 靠近《陨落之光》百米之内 |
[20:28] | I’m not going to steal it again, Professor. | 我不会再次偷走它的 教授 |
[20:31] | You have my word. | 我保证 |
[20:34] | Yes, | 是吗 |
[20:35] | your word. | 你的保证 |
[20:39] | I want these answers just as much as you do. | 我和你一样渴望得到答案 |
[20:47] | Wait right here. | 在这里等着 |
[21:15] | Yes? What is it? | 你好 你是谁 |
[21:19] | Mr. Kruger? | 柯鲁格先生吗 |
[21:22] | My name is Roald Pirk. | 我叫罗尔德·珀克 |
[21:23] | I believe you are expecting me. | 我相信你在等我 |
[21:25] | Ah, yes. Just a moment. | 对 请稍等 |
[21:35] | Have we met someplace before, sir? | 先生 我们以前见过吗 |
[21:37] | Not that I recall. | 我印象中并没有 |
[21:42] | Please. | 请进 |
[21:58] | May I offer you a drink? | 你想喝些什么吗 |
[22:00] | If it’s all the same to you, | 如果你不介意的话 |
[22:01] | I wish to get our business completed as soon as possible. | 我希望我们立刻把正事办了 |
[22:04] | Why? Surely you don’t believe | 为什么 你一定不会相信 |
[22:06] | all of the superstitious notions that people have about the book? | 人们对此书的一切迷信想法吧 |
[22:10] | I’ll just say it has been a peculiar burden to possess it. | 我只能说它的确是个烫手山芋 |
[22:13] | Well, you’ll be glad to know that I’m about to unburden you, then. | 那你会很高兴我将为你卸下重担了 |
[22:18] | And you, you have no concerns at all, Mr. Kruger? | 你呢 你一点都不担忧吗 柯鲁格先生 |
[22:22] | About curses, calamities? | 关于那些诅咒 那些不幸 |
[22:26] | I am a man who embraces the accursed, Mr. Pirk. | 我是个接受诅咒之物的人 珀克先生 |
[22:31] | Now, if you will excuse me for a moment. | 请你稍候一下 |
[22:48] | For you. | 给你的 |
[22:52] | Good? | 可以吗 |
[22:56] | Yes. Very good. | 可以 很好 |
[22:58] | And now, it is your turn. | 现在 该你了 |
[23:33] | Bring it closer, please. | 请把它拿近一些 |
[23:41] | Closer. | 再近一些 |
[23:51] | Go on. | 来吧 |
[23:53] | Take it. | 拿着它 |
[23:56] | Feel the weight of the silver in your hands. | 感受下你手中银子的重量 |
[24:00] | I do not need to. | 我不需要 |
[24:03] | I can tell that it is a fake. | 我知道这是赝品 |
[24:06] | And you are not who you say you are, Jew! | 而你用了假身份 犹太佬 |
[24:16] | I recognized you right away. | 我当时立刻就认出你了 |
[24:19] | I expect you wish you had brought your cane inside with you! | 我猜你一定希望自己把拐杖拿进屋了吧 |
[24:23] | This’ll do. | 有这个就够了 |
[24:36] | I’ve worked for years to arrange for this encounter. | 我已经为这次会面准备了数年 |
[24:40] | I was expecting to find Thomas Eichhorst. | 我想找托马斯·艾霍斯特 |
[24:44] | This was meant for him, you see. | 这其实是为他准备的 |
[24:47] | But in his absence, | 但是他不在 |
[24:48] | Dr. Dreverhaven, | 德雷福希文医生 |
[24:51] | I will settle for you. | 我只能用在你身上了 |
[25:04] | As though the book is deliberately hiding | 这本书好像在故意隐藏 |
[25:08] | the solution for how they defeated the Ancient. | 他们打败始祖的办法 |
[25:10] | Yes, but hiding it from whom? | 没错 但这是为了防谁呢 |
[25:12] | Strigoi can’t read from a silver-bound book. | 返魂尸无法阅读银皮的书 |
[25:15] | And yet, | 然而 |
[25:17] | here you are. | 你已经看到了内容 |
[25:22] | I’m beginning to wonder if | 我开始怀疑 |
[25:23] | even more elaborate measures were taken. | 书里是否用了更加隐晦的加密方法 |
[25:41] | Come with me, Mr. Quinlan. | 跟我来 昆兰先生 |
[25:47] | Follow me as far as you can. | 尽量跟上我 |
[25:54] | Sunlight! | 太阳光 |
[26:04] | They used sunlight to hide the text | 他们利用太阳光隐藏内容 |
[26:07] | so the strigoi could never read it. | 这样返魂尸永远也读不到 |
[26:13] | “After being surrounded | 被上千人 |
[26:16] | by an army of thousands, | 包围以后 |
[26:20] | “the living plague was contained | 活死人瘟疫被封印在 |
[26:22] | “within a stone sarcophagus lined with an alloy of silver and lead. | 一个内衬裹有银和铅的石棺之中 |
[26:30] | “A tomb for the creature | 一个那种生物 |
[26:32] | “and for the crimson worm | 和其体内深红色血虫的 |
[26:34] | “within it. | 坟墓 |
[26:36] | Trapped for all eternity.” | 永世不得逃脱 |
[26:42] | A box? | 一个箱子 |
[26:44] | The box. | 那个箱子 |
[26:52] | I told you you would find nothing. | 我跟你说过你什么也找不到的 |
[26:55] | Herr Eichorst keeps his whereabouts a mystery. | 艾霍斯特先生的去向永远是个谜 |
[26:58] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[27:04] | That sunlight will be on you in minutes, Doctor. | 这阳光过不了多久就会照在你身上 医生 |
[27:09] | A man can only be threatened by that of which he is afraid, | 人只会被自己所害怕的东西威胁 |
[27:12] | and I am not afraid of death. | 而我不怕死 |
[27:16] | At a certain point, | 从某种意义上来说 |
[27:17] | repetition diminishes pleasure. | 活着重复老一套其实没什么意思 |
[27:20] | This room is too shallow. | 这间屋子太小了 |
[27:23] | Now, there must be another room here. | 肯定还有别的房间 |
[27:27] | Sudden immolation, | 忽如其来的殒命 |
[27:30] | a fitting end for a visionary, no? | 对于空想家来说这结局再合适不过了 |
[27:34] | If it is my time to go, then so be it. | 如果我命该绝 那就认命吧 |
[29:13] | Who were those men in there? | 里面那些人是谁 |
[29:16] | They were clients of my associate, Saskia, | 他们是我朋友萨丝琪娅的客人 |
[29:19] | the woman who sent you here. | 就是让你来这里的那个女人 |
[29:20] | Men who visited her prostitutes? | 是她的嫖客吗 |
[29:22] | Yes, yes! Disrespectful men who harmed them. | 没错没错 伤害她们的臭男人 |
[29:25] | No one will miss them. | 没人关心他们的死活 |
[29:28] | No one will miss you either. | 也没人会关心你 |
[29:33] | Sunlight is too good for you, Herr Doktor. | 被阳光晒死太便宜你了 医生 |
[29:37] | What? | 什么 |
[30:00] | What is that for? | 那是用来干什么的 |
[30:16] | You-you don’t know what you’re doing! | 你不知道自己在做什么 |
[30:19] | True, | 没错 |
[30:21] | I am not an anatomy expert like you. | 我不像你 是个解剖学专家 |
[30:24] | However, I do know | 然而 我却知道 |
[30:28] | you have an amazing ability to heal. | 你的愈合能力非常棒 |
[30:35] | But… | 但是 |
[30:39] | if you were to lose one of your limbs… | 如果你丢掉了四肢中的一个 |
[30:43] | Oh no! No, no, no! Careful there! | 不不不 别乱来 |
[30:50] | it would never grow back. | 它就永远也不会长回来了 |
[31:15] | I’m damning you to hell, Dr. Dreverhaven. | 我咒你下地狱 德雷福希文医生 |
[31:17] | Any last words? | 还有遗言吗 |
[31:21] | No? | 没有了吗 |
[31:23] | I suppose you said them already. | 我想你已经说过了 |
[32:50] | Bingo. | 找到了 |
[32:53] | Holy shit. | 上帝啊 |
[33:34] | They’re digging their own tunnels now. | 它们开始自己挖隧道了 |
[33:37] | 纽约市特别指挥中心 布鲁克林 卡德曼广场东165号 | |
[33:37] | That’s how six of my tagged munchers | 我标记的六个吸血鬼 |
[33:40] | came out to hunt tonight. | 就是以这种方式在晚上出来狩猎的 |
[33:42] | And when the sun went down, | 当太阳下山时 |
[33:43] | they used these new tunnels to pop up inside your safe zone. | 它们便通过这些新隧道钻进你的安全区里 |
[33:47] | Shit! | 该死 |
[33:49] | The good news is that | 好消息是 |
[33:50] | now I know where they’re coming from. | 如今我知道它们是从哪来的了 |
[33:52] | Central Park. | 中央公园 |
[33:54] | Underneath Central Park. | 在中央公园下边 |
[33:57] | I found an old chamber, way deep down. | 我发现了一个废弃空间 在很深的地下 |
[34:00] | I’m telling you, | 我告诉你 |
[34:01] | there were thousands of them down there. | 下边最起码有上千个 |
[34:04] | Central Park, | 中央公园 |
[34:06] | central nest. | 中央巢穴 |
[34:09] | Then we go after it | 那我们就去灭掉它 |
[34:10] | with everything we’ve got. | 尽全力而为 |
[34:19] | It didn’t make any sense to me | 我实在是搞不懂 |
[34:21] | the strigoi could be so high functioning | 返魂尸的智力如此低下 |
[34:24] | with so little brainpower. | 何来这么高的行动力 |
[34:26] | And then I realized I’m still thinking in human terms. | 然后我发觉 我是在用人类的思维思考 |
[34:30] | All they need is a receiver to get the Master’s instructions. | 它们只需要有接收血祖指令的接收器即可 |
[34:32] | Exactly. If we can block that, | 没错 如果我们能屏蔽接收器 |
[34:36] | they turn back into dumb animals. | 它们就会变回笨拙的动物 |
[34:41] | Ok. | 好了 |
[34:44] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[34:46] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[34:57] | All right, little monkey, | 好了 小猴子 |
[35:00] | how are you gonna get that tasty, tasty blood? | 你要怎么才能拿到那美味可口的血呢 |
[35:08] | That’s right. You grab the pipe, | 没错 你拿起那根管子 |
[35:09] | you stick it through the cage, pull the dish towards you. | 把它伸到笼子外 将碟子拉向你 |
[35:14] | It’s OK. | 没事的 |
[35:16] | There’s no way he can get through this door. | 他没办法通过这门的 |
[35:28] | What the hell is he doing? | 他在做什么 |
[35:32] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:35] | Yeah, there’s no way he can get that open. | 他不可能打得开的 |
[35:38] | He seems pretty good at it. | 他看起来挺在行的 |
[35:41] | OK, turn it on. | 好吧 打开开关 |
[35:55] | Aww, look at the poor lummox. | 看看这可怜的傻大个 |
[36:01] | A rapidly plummeting IQ — it’s adorable. | 智商直线下降 真可爱 |
[36:08] | The microwave-gun challenge test is a success, | 微波枪挑战测试成功了 |
[36:11] | strongly showing that our hypothesis that– | 很好地展示了我们的假设… |
[36:18] | – You’re still shooting it, right? – Yeah! | -你还打开着呢 对吧 -是啊 |
[36:20] | Let me make some adjustments. | 让我做些调整 |
[36:24] | Whatever you’re doing, do it fast! | 不管你在做什么 加快速度 |
[36:25] | I’m trying. | 我正在努力 |
[36:27] | It’s not working! | 不起作用啊 |
[36:49] | So, they have found some way of getting around the interference. | 看来它们已经找到了某种方法来摆脱干扰 |
[36:57] | The Master’s system is more complex than we thought. | 血祖的通讯系统比我们原想的要更复杂 |
[37:05] | You don’t have to be so blue about it. | 你也不必这么郁闷 |
[37:08] | It’s totally “figure-outable.” | 我们肯定能想到解决方法的 |
[37:10] | No, no, it’s just, uh… | 不 只是… |
[37:13] | when things are going well, | 当事情进展顺利时 |
[37:15] | it helps me keep my mind from going to… | 能帮助我不去想… |
[37:19] | to dark places. | 那些可怕的事 |
[37:25] | Well, we just have to make things go well then. | 那我们只要让事情进展顺利起来就好了 |
[37:32] | Oh, is that all we have to do? | 就那么简单吗 |
[37:34] | I feel better already. | 我已经感觉好多了 |
[37:51] | You really think | 你真的认为 |
[37:51] | the Egyptians trapped an Ancient inside this sarcophagus? | 埃及人将一个始祖困在了这个石棺里吗 |
[37:55] | Yes. And he’s probably still there. | 是的 他可能至今还被困在那里 |
[37:58] | I should have thought of this before, | 我早就该想到的 |
[38:01] | as I did something similar once. | 因为我曾经做过类似的事 |
[38:04] | Not to an Ancient, | 对象倒不是始祖 |
[38:05] | but to a sentient strigoi. | 而是一个有自主意识的返魂尸 |
[38:09] | He’d always been a monster, | 他一直都是个怪物 |
[38:11] | a psychopath, even as a human. | 哪怕当他还是人类时也是个变态 |
[38:36] | What you got in that thing, man? | 你那里面装的是什么 伙计 |
[38:40] | A rabid dog. | 一条疯狗 |
[39:07] | I spent decades | 数十年来 |
[39:09] | trying to cast the memory from my mind. | 我一直想将这段回忆赶出脑海 |
[39:13] | It’s the closest to madness I’ve ever come. | 那是我最接近疯狂的一次 |
[39:25] | Good things can be born out of madness, Professor. | 疯狂也能孕育出好事 教授 |
[39:27] | Don’t you see? | 你难道没看出来吗 |
[39:29] | Imprisonment is the key to defeating the Master. | 禁锢才是打败血祖的关键 |
[39:31] | Not combat or physical destruction. | 战斗或是摧毁身体都不行 |
[39:34] | As long as the crimson worm survives, | 只要深红色血虫还活着 |
[39:38] | the Master can always transfer bodies. | 血祖总是可以更换肉身 |
[39:41] | Yes, but if he is contained within the silver, | 是的 但如果他被银制品禁锢住 |
[39:44] | and his communicative power | 而他的通讯能力 |
[39:45] | suppressed by the lead inside the box, | 被箱子内的铅抑制住 |
[39:48] | then he’s truly powerless. | 那他就真的无能为力了 |
[39:51] | No wonder he’s hiding. | 难怪他躲了起来 |
[39:53] | Yes. Therein lies the challenge. | 是的 那便是难题 |
[39:56] | We now know how to defeat the Master, | 如今我们知道了该如何战胜血祖 |
[39:58] | but we don’t know where he is. | 却不知道他的行踪 |
[40:01] | Or even who he is. | 或者他的新身份 |
[40:04] | There is one person who could find out. | 倒是有那么一个人能查出来 |
[40:24] | Have you reconsidered my offer? | 你重新考虑过我的提议了吗 |
[40:29] | I will never give you the formula for the white, | 我永远不会把制作白血的秘方给你 |
[40:34] | but I will give you a dose. | 但我会给你一剂成品 |
[40:37] | How long will a dose last? | 一剂能撑多久 |
[40:40] | Long enough. | 够你活了 |
[40:42] | In exchange, | 作为交换 |
[40:43] | you will find out whose body the Master has taken. | 你要查出血祖目前占据了谁的身体 |
[40:48] | He is no longer in Bolivar’s body? | 他已经不在波利瓦体内了吗 |
[40:53] | So he has lost faith in you. | 看来他已不再看重你了 |
[40:56] | Should I question your ability to do this? | 我是否该质疑你完成这项任务的能力 |
[40:58] | No-no, I can do it. | 不 我可以的 |
[41:00] | He still needs me. Of that, I am certain. | 我很肯定他仍然需要我 |
[41:05] | Otherwise, I would already be dead. | 否则我早就死了 |
[41:10] | You can find him? | 你能把他找出来吗 |
[41:12] | Yes, I can. | 能 我能 |
[41:14] | I will. | 我会的 |
[41:20] | To a new alliance. | 致新的结盟 |