英文名称:The Time Machine
年代:2002
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:00] | -But Professor -No. The answers are all there in the test. | -可是 教授 -不 答案在考试中 |
[02:15] | Aren’t you forgetting something? | 你没忘什么吗? |
[02:18] | I know. It’s something to do with the third differential coefficient. | 我知道 三次微分系数嘛 |
[02:22] | -Not that. Tonight. -What? | -不是那个 今晚 -什么? |
[02:25] | Emma? | 艾玛? |
[02:27] | -What time is it? -Almost 5:00. | -现在几点? -差不多5点了 |
[02:30] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[02:42] | My proposal for utilizing solarpower, rejected. | 我的太阳能计划被驳回 |
[02:45] | My concepts for harnessing micro-energy waves, rejected. | 电磁波计划也没有被批准 |
[02:48] | The dean suggests that I focus on something that might actually help mankind. | 系主任要我把心思放在对人类有帮助的计划 |
[02:52] | Like his study on the benefits of tobacco consumption. | 就像他们的研究;烟草生产利益 |
[02:54] | Alex, the problem is your ideas are a bit too… radical. | 问题是你的研究主题太先进了 |
[02:58] | The problem is with the faculty. They’re dinosaurs. | 问题是系上教授就像恐龙 |
[03:01] | They’re already extinct,they just don’t know it. | 绝种了还不自知 |
[03:03] | They’ll be discovered by some future archaeologist, and he won’t know what to make of them. | 日后被考古学家挖出来 没人知道他们靠什么生存 |
[03:07] | Their dim little eyes, devoid of any curiosity | 目光如豆 毫无生气 |
[03:10] | Alex, it’s your first year as associate professor. | 亚力 你才当副教授 |
[03:12] | 最好别那样冲动 | |
[03:15] | You sound just like myfather. | 你口气跟我老爸一样 |
[03:18] | Look at them, Philby. All alike. All in identical bowler hats. | 看看他们 一模一样的高脚帽 |
[03:22] | Do you want your students to turn out like that? | 难道你希望你的学生全都变得跟他们一样吗? |
[03:24] | 我要他们面对现实的世界 | |
[03:28] | 我可不 我希望他们冲到路上去 把所有人的高脚帽都拍掉 | |
[03:35] | Mrs. Watchit! | 瓦琪太太! |
[03:37] | Oh, huzzah, the master’s home. | 主人回来了 |
[03:40] | -准备好了吗? -你好 费比先生 | |
[03:42] | Hello, Mrs. Watchit. You’re looking in the pink. | 你好 瓦琪太太 你气色很佳 |
[03:45] | Must be all the exercise I get scampering up and down these stairs like a wee lad. | 因为我每天跑上跑下打扫屋子 |
[03:48] | -Don’t torture me. Did you get it? -I got it. | -别损我 准备好了吗? -好了 |
[03:50] | -Good. Let me see. -But don’t you think for one moment… | -太好了 让我看看 -你不认为你应该 |
[03:53] | I’m going to let you go out in that filthy jacket. | 不过你要是穿着这件脏外套 我可不准你出门 |
[03:55] | Now, go in there and change. | 快进去换衣服 |
[04:04] | And you’ve got another letter from that annoying little man. | 那个怪人又来了封信 |
[04:08] | Well, go ahead. Switch it on. | 没关系 试试看呀 |
[04:12] | It’ll help people keep their teeth well into their 40s. | 这东西让你四十几岁时还能有口好牙 |
[04:16] | -You might think about having that cleaned. -Oh, who has the time? | -你的衣服应该洗洗了吧 -谁有那时间 |
[04:20] | -How did you know with Molly? -Know what? | -你和茉莉怎么认识的 -想知道什么? |
[04:24] | -You were meant to be together. -She made the best shepherd’s pie I ever tasted. | -你们天生注定就是一对 -她做的肉馅没人比得上 |
[04:28] | Don’t you have a single romantic bone in your body? | 难道你没用一点浪漫的情怀吗? |
[04:30] | No. I’m all bowler hat. | 没有 我一直都是那么硬板 |
[04:37] | Why do you waste your time on that crack pot? | 干吗浪费时间和那个怪人通信? |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:945个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:132个,六级词汇:71个,GRE词汇:82个,托福词汇:103个,考研词汇:146个,专四词汇:123个,专八词汇:26个, 所有生词标注共:247个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[04:40] | Because he has some very interesting ideas. | 他有些有趣的想法 |
[04:42] | A professor at Columbia should not be corresponding with a crazy German bookkeeper. | 堂堂哥伦比亚大学的教授不应该和个德国记帐员瞎搞 |
[04:46] | He’s a patent clerk, not a bookkeeper. | 他是专利承办员 不是记帐员 |
[04:49] | I think Mr. Einstein deserves all the support I can give him. | 这位爱因斯坦先生不简单 我会尽力帮助他 |
[04:53] | I wonder if we’ll ever go too far? | 我担心我们会不会太过头了 |
[04:56] | -With what? -With this. | -什么太过头? -这个 |
[04:58] | With all of this. | 还有这一切 |
[05:01] | No such thing. | 没这样的事 |
[05:06] | All right. How do I look? | 好了 我看起来如何? |
[05:08] | Practically decent. Really, Alex. Good luck tonight. | 帅到不行了 祝今晚好运 |
[05:11] | She’s a fine girl. She’s done wonderful things for you. | 她是个好女孩 你们在一起会很幸福 |
[05:15] | Don’tworry. You still have that alluring smell of chalk. | 别担心 你身上还有粉笔味道可以迷死她了 |
[05:18] | Oh, gotta hurry. | 我得快点 |
[05:22] | Now, that’s more like it. You looka proper gentleman for once. | 现在好多了 看起来总算像个样子了 |
[05:26] | Well, you better hope so. If Emma turns me down, you’ll be next. | 希望如此 要是艾玛拒绝我 你就是下一个对象 |
[05:28] | Oh, I’m already swooning. | 我等不及了 |
[05:32] | All right. Wish me luck. | 好吧 祝我好运 |
[05:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:50] | Fresh flowers. Fresh flowers. | 鲜花 鲜花 |
[05:58] | -Have some flowers, sir. -Not tonight, thanks. | -买束花吧 先生 -不用 谢谢 |
[06:01] | No. I promised her flowers. | 不行 我答应要买花送她 |
[06:13] | Spectacular. | 很拉风 |
[06:15] | Spectacular waste of money. Damn thing’s always breaking down. | 简直花大钱找罪受 这东西老是出毛病 |
[06:19] | -Do you need a lift? -Yes, yes. | -要搭车吗? -要 要 |
[06:22] | -How do you keep the water temperature stable? -There’s a cant ilevered gasket… | -这东西水温如何保持稳定? -有个悬杆式的塞子 |
[06:25] | on the fuel regulator | 在油门调节器上 |
[06:27] | Oh, God. Uh | 天 |
[06:30] | Much obliged. I’m always forgetting the damn brake. | 谢了 我老是忘了拉起刹车 |
[06:35] | Hop in. I’ll give you a perambulation before it breaks down again. | 上来吧 在下次故障前 我还可以送你一程 |
[06:38] | Oh, uh, I’m afraid I have a prior engagement. | 我有个重要约会 |
[06:42] | Well, another time then. We perambulate here most every night. | 那就下次吧 反正我每晚都在这 |
[06:44] | Certainly. | 没问题 |
[06:49] | Get a horse! | 去骑匹马吧 |
[06:53] | Yes. | 好啦 |
[07:28] | Alexander? | 亚力山大? |
[07:38] | Oh! Whoa. | 哦!哇 |
[07:41] | -You’re late, Professor. -I got here as soon as I could. | -你迟到了 教授 -我已经尽快 |
[07:47] | Well, they say it’s all the rage in Paris. But I just picked it up– | 这是巴黎最流行的 我在梅西百货花5块钱买的 |
[07:52] | -Five dollars at Macy’s. Silly, isn’t it? -Very silly. I like it. | -有点土 是吧 -土毙了 不过我喜欢 |
[07:57] | Well, where are they? | 嗯 东西在哪里? |
[08:01] | -What? -The flowers. | -什么? -鲜花呀 |
[08:03] | You promised me flowers tonight. Don’t you even remember? | 你说今晚要买花送我 你忘了吗? |
[08:05] | Oh, I’m sorry. I…Well, I was distracted. | 抱歉 我不太专心 |
[08:09] | Well, there’s something new. | 这倒是新鲜事 |
[08:11] | Uh, Emma, I need to talk toyou. | 艾玛 我有事情要跟你说 |
[08:22] | -Oh, uh, shall we walk through the park? -Yes. | -我们到公园走走 -好呀 |
[08:31] | Professor, you’re shivering. I hope you’re not coming down with something. | 教授 你在发抖 你该不会生病了 |
[08:37] | Well, I’m afraid I am. | 呃 可能是哦 |
[08:40] | I’m not sleeping very well, and even when I’m awake, I’m not much use. | 我这阵子一直睡不好 即使是清醒时也浑浑噩噩 |
[08:45] | I can’t eat or think or do much of anything anymore. | 茶饭不思昏昏沉沉 |
[08:51] | And the worst part is, I don’t know that I’ll ever be well. | 最惨的是 不知会不会好起来 |
[08:55] | I think there’s only one remedy, and that’s for you to marry me… | 我想只有一个办法可以治好 就是请你嫁给我 |
[08:58] | and spend the rest of your life with me. | 一辈子跟我在一起 |
[09:07] | Oh, Emma, I know it’s right. I know we’re meant to be together. | 艾玛 我们结婚是对的 我们命中注定要在一起 |
[09:10] | It’s the only thing in my entire life I’ve never had to think about. | 这件事我从不曾怀疑 |
[09:16] | Oh, Alex. | 亚力 |
[09:19] | Uh-Uh, wait. I have something for you. | 等等 我有东西送你 |
[09:29] | You know, the moment is rather dying here. | 你知道 这一刻比死还难过 |
[09:33] | I…I know. Hold on. Oh. | 我知道 等等 |
[09:46] | -I know it’s not a diamond. -A moonstone. | -不是钻石 -是月长石 |
[09:50] | Well, it’s your birthstone. I thought… | 这是你的生辰石 我想 |
[09:53] | You thought right. | 我很喜欢 |
[10:06] | I just might cry. | 我太感动了 |
[10:09] | I couldn’t help but over hear. | 我忍不住听到你们的悄悄话 |
[10:13] | Two fine young people starting out on the road of life. | 两个年轻男女携手共渡人生旅程 |
[10:19] | I wish you the very best. | 祝你们幸福快乐 |
[10:22] | Well, thank you. And as much as I hate to do this… | 谢谢 其实我不想这么做 |
[10:25] | moved as I am byy our…protestations of love… | 可我被你们的真情告白所感动 |
[10:30] | I’ll be needing your money now. | 不过还是请你把钱交出来 |
[10:33] | -Sir? -And yourjewelry too. | -先生? -还有你的首饰珠宝 |
[10:37] | I guess we could call this your first little bump on the road to marital bliss. | 这可算是你们婚姻旅程中遇上的第一个难关 |
[10:41] | -I don’t understand… -Don’t make a scene. There’s no cause for that. | -我不明白 -别大声嚷嚷 不必挣扎 |
[10:45] | just give me your wallet, will you? Hmm? | 快把钱包给我 |
[10:50] | Did you hear me, lad? | 听到了吗,小伙子? |
[10:52] | Uh, all right, all right. Here. That’s everything. | 好吧 好吧 拿去 都给你 |
[10:58] | And your watch. | 还有手表 |
[11:04] | And the gloves. | 手套 |
[11:11] | -And the ring. -No. | -还有戒指 -不 |
[11:15] | I’m afraid so, darling. | 恐怕由不得你 亲爱的 |
[11:18] | -And maybe he’ll buy you a diamond now. -Please, please. Not that. | -搞不好他会买钻戒补偿你 -求求你别这样 |
[11:23] | Don’t! | 不! |
[11:36] | Why did you do that? It’s only a ring. | 干吗这样? 不过是个戒指 |
[11:45] | Emma? | 艾玛? |
[11:55] | Emma? | 艾玛? |
[12:20] | Oh! | 哦! |
[12:40] | What? | 什么事? |
[12:49] | Oh. Oh, sir, Mr. Philby’s here. | 主人 费比先生来了 |
[12:54] | -Here? -Yes, sir. He insisted on coming– | -来了? -是的 主人 他坚持要过来的 |
[12:58] | -Tell him to go away. I’m busy. -I won’t go away, Alex. | -叫他回去 我在忙 -我不回去 亚力 |
[13:04] | My God. What’s happened to you? | 天啊 你在干什么? |
[13:09] | I’ve been…I’ve been working. | 我在工作 |
[13:12] | You remember that? You used to care about your work. | 你还记得吗 你以前也很在乎工作的 |
[13:16] | I care more about my life. And yours. | 我在乎的是我的生活 还有你的 |
[13:20] | I came by the house every day after the funeral… | 丧礼之后我每天过来这里 |
[13:22] | and everyweek and every other month. | 之后一周来一次 两个月来一次 |
[13:25] | Then I stopped coming. Did you even notice? | 然后再也没有过来了 你可曾注意到? |
[13:29] | -It hurt me, Alex… very much. -Then why are you here now? | -艾玛的死 我也非常难过 -那你还来干吗? |
[13:34] | -There are some things I have to say you may not like hearing -I know. I know. | -有件事我必须告诉你可能不是很中听 -我知道 我知道 |
[13:38] | You’re concerned. I know. I hear it from Mrs. Watchit every day. | 你很关心我,我知道. 我从瓦琪太太那儿知道. |
[13:42] | But really…I need you to go. | 不过…请你走吧 |
[13:45] | -I won’t leave. Not with you hiding down here. -I’m not hiding. | -我不走 你在逃避 -我没有逃避 |
[13:48] | You know that’s what it is. Mrs. Watchit says you’re in here all hours…day and night. | 瓦琪太太说你每天足不出户 |
[13:52] | Alex, will you please stand still and look at me! | 亚力 请你站好 看着我! |
[13:58] | It wasn’t your fault. | 艾玛的死不是你的错 |
[14:04] | No. It wasn’t my fault. | 当然不是 不是我的错 |
[14:09] | Maybe we should blame Mrs. Watchit for picking up the ring from thejeweler. | 或许该怪瓦琪太太是她到珠宝店去挑的戒指 |
[14:14] | Or the jeweler for making it. | 或许该怪那些做珠宝的人 |
[14:18] | Or the poor bastard who tore the stone from the earth. | 或者那些把宝石从地里挖出来的贫穷的混蛋 |
[14:23] | Maybe I should blame you for introducing me to Emma in the first place. Yes. | 或许我该怪你 你不该介绍艾玛认识我 |
[14:27] | Alexander, nothing will ever change what happened. | 亚力山大已发生的事无法改变 |
[14:32] | No, you’re wrong, because I will change it. | 不 你错了 我会改变的 |
[14:38] | David, I appreciate your concern. I do. | 大卫 谢谢你的关心 真的 |
[14:42] | But I ask you to have faith in me. | 你要对我有信心 |
[14:45] | Well, I…I want to have faith in you, Alex, but… | 我想对你有信心 但是… |
[14:48] | Wha…What are… What are you doing here? | 你到底在干吗? |
[14:53] | I’ll tell you what. Why don’t you come by for dinner in a week, and I’ll show you? | 这样吧 下礼拜找个时间过来吃饭 我会让你知道的 |
[14:58] | -Why don’t you come home with me now? Molly… -Did you not hear me, David? | -现在跟我回家 茉莉… -你没听到我说的吗? |
[15:04] | I can’t leave when I’m so close. | 我现在走不开 实验快成功了 |
[15:09] | All right. We’ll continue this conversation in a week. | 好吧 下礼拜找时间再谈 |
[15:18] | In a week, we’ll never even have had this conversation. | 下礼拜 我们甚至可能没有这次谈论了. |
[18:32] | Ah. Thank you, my good man. | 谢了 老兄 |
[19:00] | You’re early. That’s a first. | 你早到了 这倒是头一回 |
[19:04] | I wanted to see you. | 我想早点见到你 |
[19:08] | Well, where are they? | 东西在哪? |
[19:10] | -What? -The flowers. | -什么? -花啊 |
[19:16] | You promised me flowers tonight. Don’t you even remember? | 你说今晚要买花送我 你忘了吗? |
[19:31] | You never cease to surprise me. | 你老是给我惊喜 |
[19:40] | Emma, I need to talk toyou. | 艾玛 我有事情要跟你说 |
[19:44] | -Shall we walk through the park? -No! | -我们到公园走走 -不 |
[19:47] | No. | 不 |
[19:52] | No. Let’s go into the city. | 不行 我们到市区逛逛 |
[19:55] | -Alex, what is it? -Nothing. Let’s just hurry. | -亚力 怎么啦? -没事 快点 |
[19:58] | Running along is all very well for you. You’re not wearing a corset. | 你们男人跑起来很方便 你又不用穿束腹 |
[20:07] | Bleecker Street, and be quick about it. | 布力克街 快点 |
[20:35] | Now you’re all gallant. | 现在你又恢复工作了 |
[20:45] | Professor, you’re shivering. I hope you’re not coming down with something. | 教授 你在发抖 你该不会生病了 |
[20:50] | No, no. I’m fine. | 不 不 我好得很 |
[20:55] | I’m wonderful. I’m walking down the street with you again. | 又能和你在街上散步 |
[20:59] | But we took a walk three days ago. | 可是我们三天前才在一起散步 |
[21:02] | Well, not like this. Never like this. | 不 这不一样 完全不一样 |
[21:07] | -Heavens, look at that car. -Oh, I’ve seen it. | -天 你看那车 -我看过了 |
[21:12] | Now I know you’re ill. You’re passing up the chance to explore some new gadget. | 我觉得你真的生病了 你居然对新东西没兴趣研究 |
[21:17] | -It’s only a machine. -Alexander, tell me what’s going on. | -不过是机器罢了 -亚力山大 你到底怎么啦? |
[21:22] | -Is something wrong? -No. | -怎么回事? -没事 |
[21:25] | No. Emma, listen to me. | 不 艾玛 听着 |
[21:28] | I need to leave you now, but I want you to go straight home and stay there. | 我先要离开 我要你马上回家 待着不要出门 |
[21:32] | I promise you I’ll come by sometime later tonight, and I won’t make any sense. | 我晚点会过去找你 而且我会变得有点奇怪 |
[21:37] | I’ll be all upset that you didn’t meet me in the park, but you must trust me. | 我会因为你在公园失约而生气 不过你一定要相信我 |
[21:40] | Everything will be all right. | 我保证一切都会没事的 |
[21:45] | Just know how much I love you, how much I’ll always love you. | 只要你相信我爱你 我永远会这么爱你 |
[21:55] | All right. | 好吧 |
[21:59] | But first, where are my flowers? | 可是 我的花呢? |
[22:07] | Flowers it is. | 那里就有花 |
[22:11] | Wait right there. Don’t move. | 你在这儿等着 不要乱跑 |
[22:23] | -Oh, can I help you, sir? -Yes, a dozen roses. White. | -需要什么? 先生 -一打白玫瑰 |
[22:27] | -No, no. Red. -Look out! | -不 不 红的 -小心 |
[22:50] | Easy. Easy. | 当心点 |
[23:17] | I’m looking for Professor Hartdegen. | 我找亚力教授 |
[23:27] | Alex, I’m…I’m so sorry. | 亚力…我很遗憾 |
[23:32] | -This was not supposed to happen. -Of course not. | -不应该发生这种事 -当然不应该 |
[23:39] | -I know there’s nothing I can say. -We were out of the park, Philby. | -我知道说什么都无法安慰你 -我们都离开公园了 |
[23:43] | We were safe. | 我们都到了安全地方了 |
[23:48] | Why can’t I change it? | 为什么我还是改变不了过去? |
[23:54] | I could come back a thousand times. | 我可以回到过去一千次 |
[23:58] | See her die a thousand ways. | 看着她一千种死法 |
[24:03] | I don’t…I don’t understand. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[24:06] | I can’t find the answer here. | 在这儿我找不到答案 |
[24:12] | Not here. | 不是这里 |
[24:20] | Not now. | 不是现在 |
[27:46] | The future is now. | 未来就是现在 |
[27:50] | Certain restrictions apply. Blackout periods on availability subject to change. | 申请是有限制的 有利用价值的时期是有所改变的 |
[27:53] | For full details, contact lunarleisureliving.com. | 详细资料和当地联系 |
[28:04] | Hi, friends. The latest update from Lunar Leisure Living. | 各位 以下是月球度假生活最新资讯 |
[28:07] | Our engineers are currently preparing for the first 20-megaton detonation… | 我们的工程师借以引爆两千万顿炸药 |
[28:12] | to create the subterranean living chambers for Lunar Leisure Living. | 创造月球休闲度假村开发计划所需要的地下生活空间 |
[28:15] | Imagine fishing in our fully-stocked Sea of Tranquility, | 想象你可以在宁静海中钓鱼 |
[28:18] | golfing on our championship course, home ofthe Neil Armstrong Open. | 在阿曼斯特丹公开赛的球场上享受挥杆之乐 |
[28:22] | Fifteen-hundred-yard drives? Whoa-ho, no problem! | 开球达1500码 没问题 |
[28:25] | At one-sixth Earth’s gravity, you’re guaranteed to get back on the dance floor. | 只有地球引力六分之一的重力让你再度活蹦乱跳 |
[28:28] | So contact Lunar Leisure Living today to reserve your own little piece of heaven, | 现在就马上和月球度假村联络为您预约一处自己的天堂 |
[28:33] | because the future is now. | 因为未来就是现在 |
[28:35] | Certain restrictions apply. Blackout periods on availability subject to change. | 申请是有限制的 有利用价值的时期是有所改变的 |
[28:38] | For full details, contact lunarleisureliving.com. | 名额有限 详细内容请洽… |
[28:40] | -Hey. -Hel lo. | -嘿 -哈罗 |
[28:44] | Nice suit. | 衣服很好看 |
[28:46] | Very retro. | 很复古 |
[28:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:54] | Bet that makes a hell of a cappuccino. | 冲出来的卡布奇诺应该很好喝 |
[28:59] | That thing. | 那个咖啡机 |
[29:04] | I’ll see you. | 再见 |
[29:06] | Hi, friends. The latest update from Lunar Leisure Living. | 各位 以下是月球度假生活最新资讯 |
[29:10] | Our engineers are currently preparing for the first 20-megaton detonation… | 我们的工程师借以引爆两千万顿炸药 |
[29:13] | to create the subterranean living chambers for Lunar Leisure Living. | 创造月球休闲度假村开发计划所需要的地下生活空间 |
[29:41] | All right. Attention, everyone. | 各位同学 大家集合好 |
[29:44] | Class 23, could we gather, please? Our next stop is Antiquities. | 23班 你们集合好了吗 下一站是古董区 |
[29:48] | Please make sure that your microscans are charged for download. | 请记得把资料下载下来 |
[29:51] | -Two by two. Let’s look lively. Two by two. -Stop! Quit! | -两两成行 大家打起精神 |
[29:54] | Tommy, if you do that again, I will resequence your D.N.A.,so help me! Now, march. | 汤姆 你再不好好听话 我就重组你的DNA 快跟上 |
[29:59] | March, march. Two bytwo, please. Look lively. | 两两成行 大家打起精神 |
[30:11] | Welcome to Vox System. How may I help you? | 欢迎使用凡克斯资讯系统 有何效劳 |
[30:16] | I didn’t see you there. | 哦 我没注意到你 |
[30:19] | I always seem to have that effect. How may I help you, sir? | 我总是会不小心吓到人 请问有何效劳? |
[30:24] | -What is that thing? -That is my photonic memory core, | -那是什么 -那是我的记忆存储中心 |
[30:28] | or PM.C., as we say in the trade. | 简称PMC 正如我们在生意场上所说的 |
[30:43] | Over here, sir. | 我在这里 先生 |
[30:48] | What are you? | 那你又是什么 |
[30:50] | I’m the Fifth Avenue Public Library information unit, Vox registration NY-1 1 4. | 在下纽约市立图书馆资讯处 凡克斯系统编号NY114 |
[30:55] | How may l help you? | 请问有何效劳? |
[30:58] | -A stereopticon of some sort. -Stereopticon? Oh, no, sir. | -你应该是立体放映机之类的 -立体放映机? 不 先生 |
[31:03] | I am a third-generation, fusion-powered photonic, | 我是第三代核能资料库 |
[31:05] | with verbal and visual link capabilities connected to every database… | 具有音像及语言连接功能 |
[31:08] | on th eplanet. | 可连接地球上所有资料库 |
[31:12] | Photonic? | 资料库? |
[31:14] | A compendium of all human knowledge. | 所有人类知识的摘要 |
[31:19] | -Oh. -Area of inquiry? | 请问要询问哪一科目? |
[31:23] | Do you know anything about physics? Ah, accessing physics. | 物理学? 搜寻物理学 |
[31:27] | Mechanical engineering. | 机械工程 |
[31:30] | Dimensional optics. Chronography. | 向量光学 测量学 |
[31:33] | Temporal causality, temporal paradox. | 时间因果论 矛盾律 |
[31:38] | -Time travel? -Yes. | -时光旅行? -对 |
[31:40] | Accessing science fiction. | 搜寻科幻小说 |
[31:43] | No, no. Practical application. My question is why can’t one change the past? | 不 是实际应用 我的问题是 为什么不能改变过去? |
[31:49] | Because one can not travel into the past. | 因为人不可能回到过去 |
[31:57] | -Wh…What if one could? -One cannot. | -若是有人做得到呢 -那是不可能到 |
[32:00] | Excuse me, this is something you should trust me on. | 关于这一点我比较内行 |
[32:04] | Accessing the writings of lsaac Asimov, H.G. Wells, | 搜寻相关论文 艾西莫夫 威尔士 |
[32:07] | Harlan Ellison, Alexander Hartdegen… | 哈兰艾利森 亚力山大哈特金 |
[32:09] | -Tell me about him. -Alexander Hartdegen, 1869 to 1903. | -告诉我关于这个人亚力山大 -哈特金 1869年生 死于1903年 |
[32:14] | American scientist given to eccentric postulation. | 美国科学家 以非主流科学理论闻名 |
[32:17] | Found writings include treatise on the creation of a time machine. | 论文包括时光机器的制作 |
[32:20] | -Tell me about the time machine. -Time Machine was written by H.G. Wells in 1 894. | -告诉我有关时光机器 -“时光机器”作者威尔士 写于1894年 |
[32:24] | It was a motion picture by George Pal and a stage musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber… | 先后被改编为电影和歌舞剧 在百老汇上演 |
[32:28] | -That’s not what I mean. -Would you like to hear selections from the score? | -我找的不是这个 -要不要听主题曲? |
[32:31] | -No. -# There’s a place called tomorrow # | -不用 -有个地方叫“明天” |
[32:35] | # A place of joy not of sorrow # | 那里充满音乐 没有悲伤 |
[32:38] | # Can’t you see it’s a place for you and… # | 你听见了吗? |
[32:42] | Thank you. That’s quite enough. | 谢了 够了 |
[32:46] | Will there be anything else? | 还需要别的帮助吗? |
[32:48] | Uh, no. No, I think I’ll have better luck in a few hundred years. | 不用了 看来要找到答案 还得再往后好几百年 |
[32:52] | Live long and prosper. | 祝你顺利 |
[33:42] | Sir, where is your designated evacuation center? | 先生,你的避难中心在哪里? |
[33:46] | Sir, you are subject to arrest under martial law… | 你被捕了 |
[33:48] | Please put your hands out, palms together. | 手举起来 手掌合并 |
[33:50] | You will be held in detention until your evacuation center clears you for transport. | 你将被留置直到你所属单位接你出去 |
[33:53] | -Wait, wait! -just take it easy. | -等一下 -别激动 |
[33:56] | -Hey, we got to get out of here! -Wait. How did this happen? | -我们要快点离开 -到底怎么了? |
[34:00] | The moon. Come on. Move it. | 月球 快点! |
[34:03] | -That’s impossible. What happened? -You been living under a rock? | -不可能 发生什么事了 -你是真不懂还是装傻? |
[34:08] | Yes, I’ve been living under a rock. Now, tell me. | 我真的不知道 快告诉我 |
[34:14] | The demolitions for the lunar colonies screwed up the orbit, okay? | 月球殖民计划恶搞把月球炸离轨道 |
[34:16] | The moon’s breaking up. All right? Come on. | 月球正在解体中 了解吗? |
[34:24] | Hey! Forget him! Come on! | 不管他 快走! |
[36:34] | Emma? | 艾玛? |
[38:09] | Hello? | 哈罗? |
[38:47] | Hello. | 哈罗? |
[38:56] | Oh, wait. Don’t… Don’t go. | 等等 别 别走 |
[39:25] | Wait. I just want to talk to you. | 等等 我有话对你说 |
[40:07] | Oh, I’m sorry. I don’t understand you. | 抱歉 我听不懂 |
[40:11] | -Do you know my words? -Yes. | -你能听懂我吗? -能 |
[40:18] | The lex. The stone language. | 石碑上的语言 |
[40:22] | The stone language? But do you understand me? Do you understand me? | 石碑语言?你听得懂我在说什么吗? |
[40:25] | We all learn it when we’re young. | 我们小的时候学过 |
[40:29] | They tor’jen. Forget. They forget it. | 忘记 他们都忘记你 |
[40:32] | But I teach. | 不过我教他们 |
[40:46] | -What is he saying? -They’re trying to decide if we should throw you in the river. | -他说什么? -在讨论要不要把你丢到河里去 |
[40:49] | Tell me quickly, and tell me the truth. Where do you come from? | 快点告诉我 说实话 你从哪儿来? |
[40:56] | Well, actually, I’m from here. Uh,just not from now. | 老实说 我就从这儿来 只是不是现在 |
[41:00] | You see, I built a machine that allows me to travel through time. | 我做了一部机器 让我能够穿梭过去于未来 |
[41:05] | I’m from the past. | 我是从过去来的 |
[41:08] | Oh. | 哦 |
[41:28] | I told them you hit your head… | 我告诉他们你不小心撞到头… |
[41:30] | and you are a wandering idiot. | 所以你现在是无家可归都白痴 |
[41:49] | -What are you doing? -Getting ready for the mor. | -你要干吗? -准备睡觉 |
[41:52] | -The night. -Oh. I’ll come with you. | -过夜? -我跟你们走 |
[42:19] | -Eloi? -What are your people named? | -依洛伊族? -你们是哪一族的? |
[42:22] | Well, I…I guess you’d call us New Yorkers. | 你可以叫我们纽约客 |
[42:27] | NewYorkers. Are they friendly? | 纽约客 他们很友善吗? |
[42:30] | Until you talk to them. | 不说话时还算友善 |
[42:35] | -Tell me about your village. -It’s a very busy place. | -说说你们村落情况 -那是个忙碌的地方 |
[42:40] | Everyone seems to be in a hurry. And they all wear identical bowler hats. | 每个人好像都在赶时间 他们都戴一模一样的高脚帽 |
[42:45] | Little black round things on their heads. | 就是头上戴一个黑色的东西 |
[42:48] | -What do you do there? -Well, I was a teacher like Mara. | -你做什么工作 -我是老师 跟玛拉一样 |
[42:53] | -And I make things. -Me also. | -同时 我也发明机器 -我也是 |
[42:56] | I made a sess’quin’tan with my father. We still use it. | 我和我爸爸一起制作萨斯昆塔 我们都还在用 |
[43:02] | A sess’quin’tan? | 萨斯昆塔? |
[43:03] | Mara, der’enjen’wen len? | 玛拉 替我翻译一下 |
[43:07] | Sess’quin’tan. Steps of rope. | 萨斯昆塔就是绳梯 |
[43:12] | Oh, a rope ladder. | 用绳子做的梯子 |
[43:15] | We can make one. I will teach you. | 我们可以做一个,我会教你 |
[43:20] | Will you tell me more lon’el on the next day? | 你明天再告诉我多一点 |
[43:24] | Tomorrow? Yes, I will. | 明天? 好 我会的 |
[43:27] | Why don’t you take care of this for me tonight? | 今晚替我保管一下这个 好吗? |
[43:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:46] | -Good night. -Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[43:56] | Kalen will tire you if you let him. He’s always been questioning. | 凯勒会把你烦死 他永远有问不完的问题 |
[44:01] | Our parents were firm, but it is his way. | 我爸妈很严格 不过他就是这么好奇 |
[44:10] | -Where are your parents? -They’ve gone from this place. | -你父母呢? -他们不在了 |
[44:15] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[44:40] | You were right, Philby. I did go too far. | 你说对了 这下真的太过头了 |
[44:47] | Sit with me. | 坐下来 |
[44:55] | Mara, why do you pull the boats up at night? | 玛拉 为什么晚上的时候要把船拉上来? |
[44:59] | Afraid they’ll be stolen? | 你们怕船被偷吗? |
[45:01] | Stolen? I do not know that word. | 偷?我没学过这个字 |
[45:05] | Well, are you afraid that someone will take them? | 害怕被别人拿走吗 |
[45:08] | -It is just more safe this way. -Oh. | -害怕被别人拿走吗 -哦 |
[45:11] | -You must do things to be safe where you come from? -Of course. | -你们那儿做事一定要考虑安全措施吗 -当然 |
[45:19] | Or when you come from. | 或者我应该说你们那时候 |
[45:22] | Ah, so I’m not just a wandering idiot. | 所以我不只是一个无家可归的白痴 |
[45:35] | CoI’mar. | 这是“科玛” |
[45:39] | Maybe we could find some tomorrow. | 明天我们再多摘一些 |
[45:43] | Flowers? | 花? |
[46:15] | Alexander. Alexander. | 亚力山大 亚力山大 |
[46:40] | Ah! Morlock! | 啊!莫拉克! |
[47:27] | -Is he all right? -He had a dream. | -他没事吧? -他做恶梦了 |
[47:30] | Oh. So did I. | 我也是 |
[47:38] | I was moving through a jungle… | 我正穿过森林… |
[47:41] | And you saw a shape ahead ofyou. | 你看到前方有个东西 |
[47:44] | Well, a face that…called my name. | 一张脸. . . 叫着我的名字 |
[47:48] | We all have that dream. | 我们都做一样的梦 |
[47:54] | -All of you? -Yes. Now go back asleep. | -你们? -是的 继续睡吧 |
[47:57] | You’re still not well. | 你脸色不太好 |
[48:01] | What does that mean, “Morlock”? | “莫拉克”是什么意思? |
[48:05] | A child’s dream. No more. | 小孩子的梦 没别的意思 |
[48:10] | Go back asleep. | 继续睡吧 |
[48:35] | We keep thesestones in many places. | 我们把这些石碑放到许多地方 |
[48:40] | This is the room where my parents taught me for the first time. | 我父母第一次在这里教我 |
[48:53] | Why do you learn this language if you don’t use it? | 这语言既然不使用 为什么还要学习呢 |
[48:57] | It’s a tradition we hand down. | 这是我们传统 |
[49:00] | It meant something once. Must be here for a reason. | 它曾是很有意义的事 它的存在一定有理由 |
[49:06] | “One generation passeth away, and another cometh. | 物换星移 代代相传… |
[49:10] | But the earth abideth forever.” | 地球永远存在 |
[49:17] | Why have you come here? | 你为什么来这里? |
[49:21] | Why have you traveled through time? | 你为什么要做时光旅行? |
[49:24] | To have a question answered. | 我要寻找一个问题的答案 |
[49:27] | Qestion? | 什么问题? |
[49:29] | Yes. Why can’t I change the past? | 为什么我们不能改变过去? |
[49:32] | Why would you want to? | 你为什么要改变过去? |
[49:41] | You’ve lost someone. | 你失去了重要的人 |
[49:47] | Someone you loved very much. | 是一个你深爱的人 |
[49:59] | -Mara, why are there no older people here? -What do you mean? | -玛拉 为什么这里看不到老人 -什么意思? |
[50:04] | Older people, your parents’ age or grandparents’ age. | 老人家 你的父母长辈那一代 |
[50:08] | They’ve gone from this place. | 他们都不在了 |
[50:11] | You mean, they’re dead? | 你是说 他们都去世了? |
[50:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[50:16] | All of them? How is that possible? | 全部都死了? 怎么可能 |
[50:21] | There are things better left not said. | 有些事情还是不说的比较好 |
[50:24] | We don’t dwell on the past, Alexander. | 我们不会沉缅过去 |
[50:29] | -We do something else. -What? | -我们有别的方式 -什么? |
[50:32] | We remember them… | 我们会记住他们 |
[50:36] | with these. | 用这些 |
[50:54] | Alexander! | 亚力山大 |
[51:05] | Alexander. | 亚力山大 |
[51:12] | -Are you coming to work now? Come with me… -No. | -你要帮忙吗,跟我来… -不行 |
[51:15] | Alexander’s not well enough. We’re going to see his machine. | 他还不熟练 我们要去看看他的机器 |
[51:18] | -Now? -Stay with Toren. | -现在吗? -你跟多伦在一起 |
[51:24] | -Go the next day, tomorrow. -I need to see that it’s all right. | -我明天也要去 -我先去看看机器管不管用 |
[51:29] | This way. | 这边 |
[51:34] | Will you tell me more about N-NewYork tonight? | 你今晚会再说纽约的事给我听吗? |
[51:37] | I will. | 我会的 |
[52:24] | Oh, good. It seems fine. | 太好了 这机器没问题 |
[52:29] | We had quite a ride together. | 我和这机器的冒险很刺激 |
[52:33] | -It’s ready? -Appears so. | -它还管用吗 -应该没问题 |
[52:37] | Will you use it now? Go back to your own time? | 你现在就要走了吗 回到你的时代? |
[52:42] | Well, I…I guess I could. | 我想应该可以 |
[52:52] | it seems so long ago. | 只是年代有点久远 |
[52:54] | No. You should go. | 不 你应该走了 |
[52:56] | And I need to ask, will you take Kalen with you? | 我要问你…可不可以带凯勒一起走 |
[53:01] | -Why? -Alexander, take him away, back to your time. Will you? | -为什么 -求你带他走 回去你的时代 |
[53:06] | -Mara, why? -Please. You don’t know. | -玛拉 为什么? -求你了,你不会知道的 |
[53:10] | Take him away from here. | 请你带他离开这儿 |
[53:13] | Kalen! | 凯勒 |
[53:25] | Mara, what’s going on? | 玛拉 怎么回事? |
[53:26] | They’re early! We must get Kalen! | 他们来早了 快去快凯勒! |
[54:15] | Kalen! | 凯勒 |
[54:19] | Kalen! Kalen! | 凯勒 凯勒 |
[56:26] | Mara! | 玛拉! |
[56:40] | -Kalen! -No, stay here. | -凯勒 -不 呆在这 |
[56:42] | Stay in the group! | 跟大家一起 |
[56:57] | Run! | 快跑! |
[59:07] | Mara! | 玛拉 |
[59:20] | Mara! | 玛拉 |
[59:40] | Where did they take them? | 他们带他们去哪? |
[59:42] | -We have to follow them. We have to find them. -We do not. Col’quin tor. | -我们必须跟着他们 去找他们 -不行 |
[59:45] | -Why not? -This is nem Eloi’tas, our life here. | -为什么不行 -我们的生命就在这里 |
[59:53] | -How can you just do nothing? -How can tor’tas aI’mor. | -你怎能袖手旁观呢? |
[59:57] | -It is the day and the night. -The day and the night. | -这是日和夜 -日和夜 |
[1:00:00] | This is the world. | 这个世界就是这个样子 |
[1:00:03] | Why don’t you fight back? | 你为何不还手 |
[1:00:08] | Fight back. Why not? | 还手 为什么不还手? |
[1:00:11] | Those who far quil’pax…fight… | 那些魔鬼强悍敏捷 谁反击 |
[1:00:17] | are taken first. | 谁先死 |
[1:00:25] | -Kalen, do you know where they’re taken? -No. | -凯勒 你知道他们被带到哪吗? -不 |
[1:00:28] | -Do they ever come back? -No. | -他们回来过吗? -没有 |
[1:00:30] | -Has anyone ever followed them? -I don’t know. | -有人跟踪过他们吗 -我不知道 |
[1:00:32] | -Well, what about the Morlocks? There must be a leader. -We’re not supposed to talk. | -那他们的巢穴呢? 那儿一定有个带头的 -我们不能谈这些 |
[1:00:35] | Kalen, listen to me. Listen. | 凯勒 听我说 听着 |
[1:00:37] | Sometimes we need to accept what’s happening to us even if we don’t want to. | 有时我们需要接受发生的一切 即使我们不想 |
[1:00:40] | And other times we have to fight, even if we’re afraid. | 但以后我们必须得战斗 即使我们害怕 |
[1:00:45] | Now, it’s difficult to understand, I know. | 我知道 现在很难理解 |
[1:00:49] | Believe me, I know. Now, they’re afraid, | 相信我 我知道 他们现在很害怕 |
[1:00:52] | and I’m asking you not to be. | 我希望你别这样 |
[1:00:56] | So will you tell me what you know? | 你能告诉我你所知道的吗? |
[1:00:58] | We can save her. Please. | 我们可以救她的 |
[1:01:04] | When they go, we’re not supposed to talk about it. | 他们走了 我们就不会谈论这种事 |
[1:01:12] | -But we all know the place. -What place? | -但我们都知道这个地方 -什么地方? |
[1:01:16] | Where the ghosts are. | 魔鬼的巢穴 |
[1:01:42] | Here it is. | 它在那 |
[1:02:21] | Welcome to VOXsystem. How may I helpy ou? | 欢迎使用凡克斯资讯系统 有何效劳 |
[1:02:25] | -It’s all right. -How may I serve you? | -没关系 这小子我认识 -有什么地方可以为您服务 |
[1:02:30] | What can I get you? Oh, let’s see. | 我找找 |
[1:02:33] | Um, Henry james. Oh, no. Yes? | 享利詹姆斯? 不要? |
[1:02:36] | No, no, no. Too depressing. Hemingway, perhaps? No. Too sweaty. | 不 太伤感了 那海明威呢 不行 太费力了 |
[1:02:41] | Plato, Proust, Pinter, Poe, Pound? | 柏拉图. 葛洛斯梅…? |
[1:02:45] | No. Complete Works of Martha Stewart? | 不 家居生活大全集 |
[1:02:47] | Ah, I have it! Jules Verne. | 有了!科幻小说 |
[1:02:53] | -Right up your alley, I would think. -Photonic, right? | -合适你的口味 -资料库,对吗? |
[1:02:56] | Or what’s left of one. What’s left of all of them. | 最后一本了 |
[1:03:00] | I am the last, and “these fragments I have shored against my ruins.” | 我是最后的 这些在我的心深处的记忆碎片 |
[1:03:05] | T.S. Eliot. | 艾略特 |
[1:03:07] | You wouldn’t know him yet, but he is so depressing, yet so divine. | 你可能不知道他 不过他的作品发人省思 |
[1:03:15] | Oh, I’m sorry. The lending library is temporarily out of service. | 对不起 图书馆暂不能提供服务 |
[1:03:19] | Not to worry. I have them all right here… every page of every volume. | 别担心 我都记在这儿了 每本书 每一面一点都不漏 |
[1:03:24] | Can you tell me what’s happening here? | 你能告诉我到底怎么回事吗? |
[1:03:27] | Well, my sources are no longer fully annotated, | 我的资料来源不再齐全 |
[1:03:30] | and my information is somewhat ane cdotal, but I believe what was once one race… | 资讯也有点迟期 不过我曾知道有个种族… |
[1:03:35] | is now two. | 现在一分为二 |
[1:03:37] | One above and one below. | 一族住地上 另一族地下 |
[1:03:41] | Two distinct species that have evolved. | 两种不同生物自然发展 |
[1:03:44] | -And how do those below survive? -That is the real question, isn’t it? | -那地下的种族如何存活 -这问题难到我了 |
[1:03:55] | -I don’t believe it. -Well, | -我不相信 -好吧, |
[1:03:59] | if you don’t like the answers, you should avoid asking the questions. | 若你不喜欢这个答案 你就不应该问这个问题 |
[1:04:06] | Look at them. They have no knowledge of the past, | 你看看他们 他们对过去一无所知 |
[1:04:10] | no ambition for the future. | 对未来也毫无信心 |
[1:04:14] | -So lucky. -Why would you say something like that? | -真是幸运 -你怎能说这种话? |
[1:04:21] | Can you even imagine what it’s like to remember everything? | 你能想像我的痛苦吗 我对每件事都记得一清二楚 |
[1:04:26] | I remember a six-year-old girl who asked me about dinosaurs 800,000 years ago. | 我记得一个六年级小学生问我八十万年前的恐龙问题 |
[1:04:30] | I rememberthe last book I recommended: Look Homeward, Angel, by Thomas Wolfe. | 我记得我推荐的上一本书 是汤姆斯沃夫的作品 |
[1:04:36] | And yes, I even remember you. | 当然 我也记得你 |
[1:04:46] | Time travel: practical application. | 时光旅行 应用科学 |
[1:04:49] | How do you know about the Morlocks if you can’t leave this place? | 你无法离开这里 怎么知道莫拉克族的事 |
[1:04:54] | There was one Eloi who managed to escape. He told me everything. | 曾有个依洛伊族人逃出来 他把一切告诉我 |
[1:05:03] | We spent years together, just talking. | 我们在一起好多年了 说吧 |
[1:05:09] | The conversation’s a little spotty now, but I do remember. | 对话内容现在有点模糊 不过我还记得 |
[1:05:14] | -It’s good to have a friend. -Then you can help us find the Morlocks, | -有朋友真好 -你可以帮助 我们找到莫拉克族 |
[1:05:19] | find Mara. | 还有玛拉 |
[1:05:23] | And if the truth is so horrible, and will haunt your dreams for all time? | 要是你发现恐怖的真相 你会一起做恶梦 |
[1:05:29] | Well, I think I’m used to that. | 反正我也习惯了 |
[1:05:38] | My friend said he came from the east, from the jungle. | 我那个朋友说他从东方逃过来 从森林中 |
[1:05:44] | -Will you describe it? -I don’t have to. | -能不能描述一下吗 -用不着 |
[1:05:50] | Just follow the breathing. | 顺着沉重的呼吸声就找得到 |
[1:06:27] | In the dream, we’re moving toward it, but I think it was meant to keep us away. | 我们在梦中是朝着它前进 我想它是刻意不让我们接近 |
[1:06:38] | -I might just go in by myself. -No. | -我一个进去就好 -不 |
[1:06:41] | Mara would be very cross with me if you got hurt. Now, I’ll find her, | 你要是受伤 玛拉会怪我的 我去救她 |
[1:06:45] | but I need you to go back to the village and light a fire so we can find our way home. | 你回村里去 生一把火 这样我们就可以找到回家的路 |
[1:06:50] | -All right? Will you do that for me? -I lost your pocket watch. | -可以帮我这个忙吗 -我弄丢了你的表 |
[1:06:54] | They took it from my room. | 莫拉克族从我房间抢走的 |
[1:06:57] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:07:04] | Why would they take it? | 他们拿走表干吗? |
[1:08:01] | Oh. Stupid. | 蠢材 |
[1:10:10] | Mara? | 玛拉? |
[1:11:36] | Mara? | 玛拉? |
[1:11:39] | Mara. | 玛拉 |
[1:11:43] | Mara? | 玛拉? |
[1:11:52] | Come a little closer. I don’t bite. | 靠近一点 我不会咬你的 |
[1:12:12] | Do I surprise you? | 吓到你了吧? |
[1:12:15] | -A little. Yes. -Hmm. | -是的 -一点点 |
[1:12:18] | We weren’t always like this. After the moon fell from the sky, | 我们以前不是这样的 在月球大爆炸之后 |
[1:12:24] | the Earth could no longer sustain the species. | 地球再也不适合生物居住 |
[1:12:28] | Some managed to stay above. | 有些人在地面上活了下来 |
[1:12:31] | The rest of us escaped under ground. | 我们其他人就逃入到地下 |
[1:12:35] | Then centuries later, when we tried to reemerge into the sun again, we couldn’t. | 几百年后我们想再回到地上 却已经没办法了 |
[1:12:40] | So we bred ourselves into castes. | 所以我们把人类分成各阶层 |
[1:12:46] | Some to be our eyes and ears. | 有些是我们的眼睛与耳朵 |
[1:12:50] | -Some to be our muscles and sinews. -You mean, your hunters. | -有些是我们的肌肉与力量 -你是指 你的猎人 |
[1:12:56] | Yes. Bred to be predators, but bred also to be controlled. | 是的 他们被训练成掠食者 但他们仍在控制之下 |
[1:13:02] | You see, my caste concentrated… | 你看 我这个阶级 |
[1:13:06] | on expanding our cerebral abilities. | 致力于发展大脑能力 |
[1:13:10] | -You control their thoughts. -Not just theirs. | -你控制他们的思想 -不只是他们 |
[1:13:17] | The Eloi. | 还有依洛伊族 |
[1:13:20] | So it’s not enough that you hunt them down like animals. | 所以你不只像动物一样地杀戳 |
[1:13:24] | -That’s their role here. -To be your food? | -那是他们的阶级角色 -成为你的食物? |
[1:13:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:13:33] | And for those who are suitable, to be breeding vessels… | 而那些合适的人 就留下来繁殖后代 |
[1:13:37] | for our other colonies. | 做我们的殖民者 |
[1:13:40] | You see, I’m just one of many. | 你看 我也只是其中之一 |
[1:13:45] | I don’t understand how you can sit there and speak so coldly about this. | 你怎能如此冷酷地说这些话 |
[1:13:52] | Have you not considered the human cost of…of what it is you’re doing? | 你做这些事之前可曾考虑到人命的价值 |
[1:13:56] | We all pay a price… | 我们都付出了代价 |
[1:14:01] | Alexander. | 亚力山大 |
[1:14:14] | Don’t worry. You’re safe. | 别担心 你在这里很安全 |
[1:14:18] | I control them. | 我控制住了他们 |
[1:14:21] | Without that control, | 如果不控制 |
[1:14:25] | they would exhaust the food supply… | 他们会在几个月内 |
[1:14:29] | in a matter of months. | 把所有食物都吃光 |
[1:14:32] | Food supply? They’re human beings! | 食物?他们都是人! |
[1:14:36] | Who are you… | 你算什么东西 |
[1:14:38] | to question 800,000 years… | 竟敢质疑八十万年来的 |
[1:14:46] | of evolution? | 文明进化成果? |
[1:14:48] | This is…This is a perversion of every natural law. | 这简直违反自然法则 |
[1:14:52] | And what is time travel but your pathetic attempt to control the world around you, | 那你所谓的时光旅行 不过是你想控制世界 |
[1:14:58] | your futile effort to have a question answered? | 一个可笑的技俩吗? 为了寻找问题的答案 白忙了一场 |
[1:15:03] | Do you think I don’t know you, Alexander? | 你以为我不了解你吗 亚力山大 |
[1:15:08] | I can look inside your memories, | 我可以看透你的思想 |
[1:15:12] | your nightmares, your dreams. | 你的梦魇 你的梦想 |
[1:15:16] | You’re a man haunted by those two most terrible words: | 一切不过是一件事作崇 可怕的两个字: |
[1:15:22] | What if? | 如果? |
[1:16:13] | Look at you! | 看看你 |
[1:16:16] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[1:16:19] | -Who’s that? Is it Daddy? -Daddy! | -那个是谁? 是爸爸吗? -爸爸! |
[1:16:24] | And we’re still having lots of fun. | 我们仍然保留着很多乐趣 |
[1:16:28] | Right. Right. | 对 |
[1:16:45] | Da-da! Daddy. | 爸爸 爸爸 |
[1:16:49] | You built your time machine because of Emma’s death. | 因为艾玛的死你制造了时间机器 |
[1:16:54] | If she had lived, it would never have existed. | 要是她没死 机器就不会存在 |
[1:16:57] | So how could you use your machine to go back to save her? | 你又如何用你的机器回到过去救她? |
[1:17:01] | You are the inescapable result… | 你就是你本身… |
[1:17:06] | of your tragedy, | 悲剧的结果 |
[1:17:09] | just as I… | 就像我… |
[1:17:11] | am the inescapable result…of you. | 会有这样无法避免的结果是你的造成的 |
[1:17:56] | You have your answer. Now go. | 你已经知道你的答案了 你可以走了 |
[1:18:34] | I believe you have something that belongs to me. | 你拿走我一样东西 |
[1:18:44] | We all have our time machines, don’t we? | 我们的所谓时光机器 是吗? |
[1:18:51] | Those that take us back are memories… | 带着我们回到过去的叫做回忆 |
[1:18:55] | and those that carry us forward… | 让我们继续向前行的是… |
[1:19:01] | are dreams. | 梦想 |
[1:19:09] | -You’re forgetting one thing. -Huh? | -你忘了一件事 -恩? |
[1:19:17] | What if? | 如果… |
[1:22:47] | -What are you doing with it? -Changing the future. | -你用来干什么 -改变未来 |
[1:22:55] | Come on. | 快点 |
[1:23:36] | Wait. Wait here. | 等着,在这等着 |
[1:25:11] | Go. | 走 |
[1:25:26] | Hurry! | 快点 |
[1:25:50] | Alexander! | 亚力山大 |
[1:26:39] | I’m sorry you lost your machine. | 你的机器毁了 对不起 |
[1:26:45] | Oh, it’s all right. It was only a machine. | 没关系 只不过是个机器罢了 |
[1:27:12] | “The congregation rose and stared… | 大家起立 葬礼开始 |
[1:27:15] | “while the three deadboys came marching up the aisle: | 那三个大家以为死掉的男孩走进教堂 |
[1:27:19] | “Tom in their lead, Joe next, | 汤姆在最前面 接下来是乔 |
[1:27:23] | “and Huck, a ruin of drooping rags, | 然后是哈克 穿得破破烂烂躲在后面 |
[1:27:27] | “sneaking sheepishly in the rear. | 他们害羞得躲在阳台上 |
[1:27:30] | “They had hid in an unused gallery, listening to their own funeral sermon. | 听着他们的丧礼证道 |
[1:27:35] | Aunt Polly, Mary and the Harpers threw themselves upon them…” | 保莉阿姨 玛莉和哈波高兴地抱在一起 |
[1:27:39] | This is the place. | 就是这个地方 |
[1:27:42] | So it is. | 就是这样 |
[1:27:50] | -But there’s nothing here. -Well, it was different then. | -什么都没有嘛 -现在和当时差很多 |
[1:27:54] | My laboratory was all around here. | 我的实验室就在这里 |
[1:27:58] | The kitchen was up there where that tree is. | 厨房在那棵树的那边 |
[1:28:03] | Not that Mrs. Watchit ever let me go in there. | 瓦琪太太不准我进厨房 |
[1:28:10] | I don’t know what to tell you, sir. | 我不知道该怎么说这件事 |
[1:28:14] | He’s been gone this whole week. | 他已经走了一个星期了 |
[1:28:17] | And you’ve no idea where he went? | 你知道他到哪里去了吗? |
[1:28:21] | -No, sir. -This would be my greenhouse. | -不知道 -这是我的温室 |
[1:28:24] | There was a garden outside. | 外面有花园 |
[1:28:27] | Gren ‘tormar’tas? | (依洛伊语) |
[1:28:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:28:33] | -I’m glad. -Sir? | -我很高兴 -什么? |
[1:28:36] | I’m glad he’s gone. | 很高兴他走了 |
[1:28:39] | Maybe he’s finally found someplace where he can be happy. | 或许他终于找到可以让他快乐的地方 |
[1:28:44] | -This was my home. -His home. | -这就是我的家 -他的家 |
[1:28:48] | Long ago. | 很久以前 |
[1:28:53] | You know, Molly and I were talking about engaging a housekeeper, | 茉莉和我想找一个管家 |
[1:28:57] | someone to live with us and help take care of jamie. | 和我们一起住 照顾小孩子 |
[1:29:01] | Would you be interested? | 你有没有兴趣? |
[1:29:06] | -Perhaps just until the master returns. -Of course. | -可能只是等到我主人回来 -没问题 |
[1:29:10] | But there’d be some changes made. I run a tight house. | 不过你们家会有些改变 我整理家务可是一丝不苟 |
[1:29:14] | Oh, I have no doubt of that. I’ll call by in the morning, and we’ll arrange it. | 我完全同意 我明早再过来 仔细谈谈 |
[1:29:19] | -Good night, Mrs. Watchit. -Good night, Mr. Philby. | -晚安 瓦琪太太 -晚安 费比先生 |
[1:29:38] | Godspeed, my fine lad. | 一路顺风 我的好主人 |
[1:29:43] | Godspeed. | 一路顺风 |