时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Were you afraid… because you thought that he might kill you? | 你害怕 因为你认为他会伤害你 |
[00:13] | 祸根 前情回顾 | |
[00:16] | We oppose bail. | 我们反对保释 |
[00:18] | Ten-million bond and two-million cash. | 一千万债券 两百万现金 |
[00:20] | Whatever my faults, my transgressions, | 不管我犯了什么错 |
[00:23] | my love for you… | 我对你的爱 |
[00:25] | You have a daughter. | 你有个女儿 |
[00:27] | Is your wife being treated for a psychological disorder? | 你妻子有心理问题吗 |
[00:30] | Be very careful, Dr. Fraser. | 小心点 弗雷泽医生 |
[00:32] | You need to hire your own attorney. | 你自己需要聘请律师 |
[00:34] | The police will wanna secure your cooperation. | 警方会希望你合作 |
[00:37] | I get a feeling your daughter is hiding something. | 我觉得你女儿有所隐瞒 |
[00:40] | There was an active camera a block away from the scene. | 离现场一个街区远的地方有一个摄像头 |
[00:42] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[00:44] | The only people of relevance in the area, around the time, | 唯一有关联的人 在那个地区 在那个时候 |
[00:47] | are you and your husband. | 就是你和你丈夫 |
[00:49] | You mentioned Haley Fitzgerald. | 你提过海莉·菲茨杰拉德 |
[00:52] | People hire me to create muck. | 人们雇我来颠倒黑白 |
[00:55] | That’s what I can give you and your husband. | 这就是我能给你和你丈夫的 |
[00:59] | Muck. | 颠倒黑白 |
[03:21] | I was on one of my walks. | 我当时在散步 |
[03:23] | One of your walks. | 一次散步 |
[03:27] | Yes. | 对 |
[03:28] | One of my walks. That’s what I do. | 一次散步 我就是这样的 |
[03:30] | That’s how I ground myself. I walk. | 我让自己放空的办法就是散步 |
[03:32] | Is that really so difficult to comprehend? | 有这么难理解吗 |
[03:35] | That you happened to ground yourself by walking within footsteps | 你放空自己时 恰好就在 |
[03:38] | of your husband’s bludgeoned-to-death lover. | 你丈夫被打死的情人的尸体不远处散步 |
[03:42] | Yeah, it bumps me. | 嗯 我还挺惊讶的 |
[03:44] | I’m not saying it’s bad. | 我不是说这不行 |
[03:47] | Perhaps I could suggest that you killed her? Did you? | 也许我可以说是你杀了她 是你吗 |
[03:51] | Are you making a joke? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[03:54] | I don’t make jokes. I’m not funny. | 我不开玩笑 我挺无趣的 |
[03:58] | Luckily for you, not Jonathan… | 你很幸运 乔纳森就差点 |
[04:00] | the police have more images of you grounding yourself, | 警方有更多你放空自己时散步的照片 |
[04:05] | walking, after the time of death. | 在死亡时间之后 |
[04:08] | You’re no longer on their radar as a suspect. | 你不再是他们的嫌疑人了 |
[04:11] | But they still think you’re withholding. | 但他们还是觉得你有所隐瞒 |
[04:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[04:15] | Because it’s what rich, | 因为有钱有势的人 |
[04:17] | entitled people do when threatened. | 在受到威胁时会这么做 |
[04:20] | They conceal the ugly truths, | 他们隐瞒丑恶的真相 |
[04:23] | to protect themselves, | 为了保护自己 |
[04:25] | their family units, their places in society. | 保护家庭完整 社会地位 |
[04:27] | Their public image. | 他们的公众形象 |
[04:29] | And they think they can get away with it, because they’re rich. | 他们觉得自己能逃脱惩罚 因为他们有钱 |
[04:36] | – I’m not withholding. – Whether you are or not– | -我没有隐瞒 -不管你是否有 |
[04:39] | Eyes here, please. | 看着我 |
[04:41] | Don’t do it with me. Ever. | 别跟我来这套 不许 |
[04:47] | Anything else? | 还有别的吗 |
[04:49] | Apart from your grounding walkabout. | 除了你的放空之旅 |
[04:51] | Any more secrets? | 还有什么秘密吗 |
[04:56] | No. | 没有 |
[05:01] | Tell me more about Elena’s husband. | 再跟我说说埃琳娜的丈夫 |
[05:03] | You said that he struck you as volatile. | 你说觉得他情绪很不稳定 |
[05:05] | Very. | 很严重 |
[05:08] | – How very? – Just… very. | -多严重 -就是很严重 |
[05:13] | That’s not terribly specific. | 这不是很具体 |
[05:16] | Are we talking about something more than that? | 我们能再说详细点吗 |
[05:20] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[05:23] | Give it the old trained clinical psychologist try. | 考验下训练有素的临床心理学家吧 |
[05:28] | Why are you testing me? | 为什么要考验我 |
[05:29] | Because this case may come down to you. | 因为这个案子可能会落到你头上 |
[05:32] | And before I put you on the stand, | 在我让你出庭作证之前 |
[05:35] | I have to kick the tires. | 我得先确认一遍 |
[05:37] | On the stand? | 上证人席 |
[05:41] | No. | 不 |
[05:44] | No. | 不 |
[05:49] | I’m not going on the stand. | 我不会上庭的 |
[06:06] | You see Haley? | 你去见海莉了 |
[06:13] | I don’t like her. | 我不喜欢她 |
[06:14] | So what? | 那又怎么样 |
[06:16] | You’re not paying her to be your friend, Grace. | 你付钱又不是跟她交朋友的 格蕾丝 |
[06:18] | Lawyers are like car mechanics. | 律师就像汽车修理工 |
[06:20] | You pay them to fix your problems. | 你付钱让他们帮你解决问题 |
[06:23] | For bedside manner, I always have you. | 如果我想锻炼对病人的态度 找你就对了 |
[06:26] | Oh, so now I’m the enemy. | 现在我成敌人了 |
[06:28] | No, I didn’t say that. | 不 我没这么说 |
[06:30] | – Can I get something for you, miss? – Oh, no, thank you, Irma. | -需要点什么吗 小姐 -不用了 谢谢伊尔玛 |
[06:33] | I’m fine. I’m not hungry. | 不用了 我不饿 |
[06:36] | So what are you saying? | 你什么意思 |
[06:38] | I just need a little unconditional support | 我只是想从我亲爱的父亲那 |
[06:40] | from my loving father right now. That would be… | 寻求一点无条件的支持 能这样就 |
[06:43] | That would be nice. | 就太好了 |
[07:20] | Well, thank you so much for doing this. | 非常感谢你这么做 |
[07:25] | I’m doing it for Franklin. | 我是为了富兰克林 |
[07:27] | How’d you get that bruise on your face? | 你脸上的淤青是怎么来的 |
[07:29] | I was attacked by a… | 我被这里的 |
[07:32] | a… one of my friends here. | 一个朋友打了 |
[07:36] | And you bit him. | 然后你咬了他 |
[07:37] | I did, yes. | 是的 |
[07:38] | Somewhere amidst the pile-on, | 有些人想搞事 |
[07:40] | when half the prison joined in the fun. | 半个监狱的人都参与了 |
[07:44] | Self-defense, you know. | 完全是自卫 |
[07:48] | Don’t bite anybody else. | 别咬人了 |
[07:51] | Okay, I need to get you out. | 我得把你弄出来 |
[07:52] | I can better start shaping the narrative | 我最好先把你 |
[07:54] | with you as a quasi-free man. | 塑造成一个自由的人 |
[07:56] | The bail is two million. I’m guessing you don’t have that. | 保释金是两百万 我猜你没有 |
[07:59] | – I don’t. No. – What about family? | -我没有 -家人呢 |
[08:01] | Parents? Siblings? Favorite uncle? | 父母 兄弟姐妹 最爱的叔叔 |
[08:03] | Well, I, I’m estranged from my family. | 我和家人挺疏远的 |
[08:05] | Why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[08:10] | Is it important? | 重要吗 |
[08:13] | It is. | 重要 |
[08:15] | Especially since you seem to be estranged from everybody. | 尤其是你似乎和所有人都挺疏远的 |
[08:20] | Well, I haven’t really spoken to my family | 自从我去上大学后 |
[08:21] | since I left for college. | 我就没跟家人说过话 |
[08:24] | They would lack the means, | 他们没有办法 |
[08:26] | as well as the inclination, to help with bail. | 也没意愿来帮我保释 |
[08:34] | Are there any more Elenas out there? | 还有其他埃琳娜那种人吗 |
[08:39] | Other women you’ve been involved with | 就是在你婚内 |
[08:41] | during the course of your marriage. | 和你有关系的女人 |
[08:46] | I will find out. | 我会查出来的 |
[08:48] | And you might as well tell me now. | 你最好现在就告诉我 |
[08:50] | Were there any others? | 还有其他人吗 |
[08:54] | There was one. | 有一个 |
[09:00] | Just a one-off years ago. | 几年前就那么一回 |
[09:03] | I’d lost a patient, and I was, uh, | 我一个病人去世了 当时我 |
[09:06] | you know, in a mess. I was distraught, and… | 一团糟 我当时心烦意乱 然后 |
[09:09] | And you had a lapse. | 你犯了个错误 |
[09:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:15] | And how many others? | 还有多少人 |
[09:16] | No, like I said, just the one. | 没了 我说了 就一个 |
[09:17] | Are you gonna be able to defend me, Haley, or not? | 你到底能不能为我辩护 海莉 |
[09:21] | I’ll be able to defend you best if I’m not surprised. | 如果没意外的话 我会尽力为你辩护 |
[09:24] | Well, there was no one else, apart from Elena. | 除了埃琳娜 没有别人了 |
[09:28] | Elena, and the one where you were distraught. | 埃琳娜 还有你心烦意乱时的那位 |
[09:34] | The sad fuck. | 可怜的婊砸 |
[09:35] | Is that supposed to be funny? | 这很好笑吗 |
[09:38] | I’m not funny. | 我不搞笑 |
[09:41] | I’ll need her name. | 我需要她的名字 |
[10:05] | – Thank you for coming. – My pleasure. | -谢谢你能来 -客气了 |
[10:14] | I’m kind of a glutton for punishment. | 我有点喜欢受虐 |
[10:19] | This thing… | 这感觉 |
[10:21] | It’s like the trial of a lifetime. | 简直是千载难逢的考验 |
[10:24] | So the opportunity for me to relive losing it… | 让我有机会重温丢了官司… |
[10:27] | – I’m sorry. Um… – I’m, I’m kidding. | -我很抱歉 -我开玩笑的 |
[10:31] | You know, if it was somebody I loved | 如果是我爱的人 |
[10:33] | whose ass was on the line, I’d– | 他命悬一线的话 我… |
[10:35] | I’d be wanting Haley Fitzgerald instead of me, too. | 我也想找海莉·菲茨杰拉德而不是我 |
[10:40] | So… | 那 |
[10:45] | Do you think that he might be innocent? | 你觉得他可能是无辜的吗 |
[10:49] | Jonathan. | 乔纳森 |
[10:50] | That’s what you wanted to ask me? | 这就是你想问我的吗 |
[10:52] | There’s something to be said for objectivity, so I just… | 客观起见 还是有必要说一说的 我就是 |
[10:56] | My gut instinct is “yes.” | 我的直觉是没错 |
[11:00] | He could be innocent. | 他可能是无辜的 |
[11:03] | You know, brain’s connected to the gut. | 大脑和胆量是有联系的 |
[11:04] | They got scientific evidence of that now. | 他们现在有科学证据了 |
[11:06] | – You know that, of course, you being a shrink and all. – Yeah. | -你当然知道 你是个心理医生 -是啊 |
[11:09] | I still think he’s a dick. | 我仍然认为他是个混蛋 |
[11:13] | Just not one who’d commit murder. | 但他不会杀人 |
[11:45] | Haley feels that it’s important that he gets out on a bail. | 海莉觉得保释他出来很重要 |
[11:48] | She feels it would present him to a potential jury pool | 她觉得这会让陪审团 |
[11:51] | in a more favorable light, | 对他的印象更好些 |
[11:52] | and he’ll be able to contribute to his defense | 他将能够以更有意义的方式 |
[11:53] | in a more meaningful way. | 为自己的辩护做出贡献 |
[11:58] | I assume this is when your loving father | 我想你亲爱的父亲 |
[12:01] | gives his unconditional support a test drive? | 该给他无条件的支持了 |
[12:07] | Are you all planning to live together like a family again? | 你们打算像一家人一样重新生活在一起吗 |
[12:10] | – No. No. – Okay. | -不可能 -好吧 |
[12:12] | Jonathan will live in the apartment, and, and– | 乔纳森会住在公寓里 而… |
[12:18] | Henry and I will continue to live with you, if that’s okay. | 如果可以的话 亨利和我会继续和你住在一起 |
[12:28] | – Mark. – Sir. | -马克 -先生 |
[12:31] | Good day, sir. | 你好 先生 |
[12:43] | Thank you, Robert. | 谢谢 罗伯特 |
[13:01] | Move it! | 快走 |
[13:02] | Let’s go! | 走吧 |
[13:05] | Move it! Let’s go! | 快走 走吧 |
[13:36] | Well, I can’t imagine what you must think of me. | 我无法想象你会怎么看我 |
[13:42] | I cer– I certainly understand | 我当然理解 |
[13:43] | why you would not feel comfortable | 你为什么不愿意 |
[13:46] | putting up my bail. | 给我交保释金 |
[13:48] | – But, uh– – Stop. | -但是 -别说了 |
[13:49] | I’m not here for your understanding. | 我不是来听你解释的 |
[13:53] | I’m here to look at you. | 我是来看你的 |
[13:55] | I’m here to make sure that you understand me. | 我来是想让你知道 |
[14:00] | I think you’re guilty. | 我认为你有罪 |
[14:03] | I believe you killed that woman. | 我相信是你杀了那个女人 |
[14:07] | Grace… makes room for the possibility that you did not. | 格蕾丝 觉得有可能不是你杀的 |
[14:14] | And perhaps because she so rarely asks for my help, | 也许是因为她很少向我求助 |
[14:20] | I find myself… | 我发现自己 |
[14:23] | ill-equipped to refuse it. | 无法拒绝 |
[14:27] | But should you run, | 但如果你敢逃跑 |
[14:30] | should you do anything to further harm my daughter, | 如果你再做任何伤害我女儿以及 |
[14:34] | my grandson, | 我的孙子的事 |
[14:36] | I will track you down. | 我会找到你 |
[14:40] | And I will kill you, myself. | 我会亲手宰了你 |
[14:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:54] | I’ll make good with your daughter. | 我会好好对你女儿的 |
[14:56] | With Henry. | 还有亨利 |
[14:58] | And I will make good with you. | 我也会补偿你的 |
[15:04] | I’m done here. | 我完事了 |
[15:12] | Get up. Let’s go. | 起来 走吧 |
[15:40] | Please make a path. | 请让一让 |
[15:43] | I’m gonna say, I’m gonna say this, | 我想说一句 我想说 |
[15:46] | and then I, I would be g-grateful if you would leave us alone. | 如果各位能别打扰我们 我将无比感激 |
[15:48] | I’m obviously very happy to be out, and beyond that, | 我很高兴能保释出来 除此之外 |
[15:53] | I look forward to clearing my name in court, | 我很期待在法庭上为自己正名 |
[15:55] | and proving that I’m innocent of this crime. | 证明我是无辜的 |
[15:57] | Thank you very much. There will be no more questions. | 非常感谢各位 不再回答任何问题 |
[16:07] | Thanks, Hugh. | 谢谢 休 |
[16:09] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:13] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:22] | I’m, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[16:33] | You’re not in trouble, Henry. | 你不会有麻烦的 亨利 |
[16:37] | Then why am I here? | 那为什么让我来这 |
[16:40] | I would just like to know what was said. | 我只想知道你们说了什么 |
[16:42] | What was said? | 说了什么 |
[16:43] | I would just like to know what was said | 我只想知道你和米格尔·阿尔维斯 |
[16:44] | between you and Miguel Alves. | 都说了些什么 |
[16:48] | “Hi,” was said. | 说了你好 |
[16:50] | By me. | 我说的 |
[16:52] | Miguel didn’t say anything. | 米格尔什么都没说 |
[16:54] | You just said “hi”? | 你就说了你好 |
[16:57] | Well, after I said “sorry.” | 在我说抱歉之后 |
[16:58] | You said “sorry” to Miguel. | 你跟米格尔道歉了 |
[17:01] | – Yes. – And what were you sorry for? | -对 -你为什么道歉 |
[17:08] | I bumped into him by accident. | 我不小心撞到了他 |
[17:11] | So I said “sorry.” | 所以我说抱歉 |
[17:12] | It’s one of five Cs, Character, courage, conscience, charity, and courtesy. | 5C价值观之一 品格 勇气 良知 仁慈和礼貌 |
[17:17] | I said “sorry” out of courtesy. | 我出于礼貌说了句抱歉 |
[17:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:48] | I already regret it. | 我已经后悔了 |
[17:51] | I’m, I’m, I’m, | 我 我 |
[17:53] | I’m not going to play the role | 我可不是惦着 |
[17:55] | of brokering you back together again, you know. | 让你们重归于好的 |
[17:58] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[18:00] | You never liked him. | 你一直都不喜欢他 |
[18:03] | No. | 嗯 |
[18:04] | No, I never did. | 我就没喜欢过他 |
[18:08] | Jonathan upset me in a profound way | 我第一眼看到乔纳森 |
[18:12] | the minute I first set eyes on him. | 就不喜欢他 |
[18:14] | I did ask you what it was you loved about him. | 我问过你为什么喜欢他 |
[18:17] | I asked you whether he seemed so perfect for you | 我问过你 他是不是非常适合你 |
[18:21] | because you had explained to him | 因为你跟他解释过 |
[18:23] | exactly what “perfect for you” meant. | “非常适合你”是什么意思 |
[18:26] | And he was just giving back what you wanted. | 他只是在按照你的标准行事 |
[18:36] | I know you’re angry. | 我知道你很生气 |
[18:39] | I’m furious. I’m furious with myself, Grace. | 我很生气 我很生自己的气 格蕾丝 |
[18:43] | For not putting up a fight. | 因为我没反对 |
[18:46] | God. | 天啊 |
[18:52] | They wanna kick Henry out of school. | 他们想把亨利赶出学校 |
[18:55] | What? | 什么 |
[18:58] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[19:00] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:01] | They want him to be homeschooled until all of this is over. | 他们想让他在家学习 直到这一切结束 |
[19:05] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[19:08] | The police are back. | 警察又来了 |
[19:12] | We hate to be such a nuisance. | 我们不想反复麻烦你 |
[19:14] | But you continue to be. | 但你们就是这样 |
[19:16] | – Far be it from us to give you advice, Doctor, but– – Then don’t. | -我们不是来给你建议的 医生 -那就别给 |
[19:19] | But are we to understand you’ve allowed your husband | 但你是否允许你丈夫 |
[19:20] | back into your home? | 回你家呢 |
[19:24] | My personal life is none of your business. | 我的私生活与你无关 |
[19:26] | Why would you think that? | 你怎么会这么想 |
[19:28] | Your personal life, your husband’s personal life, | 你的私生活 你丈夫的私生活 |
[19:31] | is our primary business of late. | 是我们近期首要关注的 |
[19:34] | What do you want? | 你们想怎样 |
[19:36] | – Can you, can you sit for a second? – No. I would prefer to stand. | -你能坐一下吗 -不 我想站着 |
[19:39] | How well did you know Elena Alves? | 你对埃琳娜·阿尔维斯有多了解 |
[19:42] | – Are we back to that? – She called you. | -怎么又绕回去了 -她给你打电话了 |
[19:45] | Many times, in the days before her death. | 很多次 就在她死前几天 |
[19:48] | It’s right there on her phone. Your cell number. | 她手机上有你的手机号码 |
[19:53] | Nothing to say? | 没什么想说的吗 |
[19:59] | I never, ever spoke to Elena Alves. Not on my cell phone. | 我从没和埃琳娜·阿尔维斯说过话 也没通过电话 |
[20:03] | Not on any other phone. | 其他电话也没有 |
[20:05] | Yeah, that’s true. | 这倒是真的 |
[20:07] | Her phone shows that those calls were never answered. | 她的手机显示那些电话都没人接 |
[20:11] | Because you never picked up. | 因为你没接电话 |
[20:12] | Why are you fucking with me? | 你干吗这么耍我 |
[20:14] | – Did you know it was her? – No. | -你知道是她吗 -不 |
[20:15] | Because I don’t pick up a number when I don’t recognize it. | 因为我不认的号码 我就不会接 |
[20:18] | I assume that it’s a telemarketer. I’d– | 我以为是电话推销员 我就 |
[20:21] | All right. Fine. | 好了 好的 |
[20:24] | If you think maybe I was the one that killed her, great. | 如果你们觉得是我杀了她 没问题 |
[20:27] | Be sure to testify to that. | 一定要找出证据 |
[20:29] | We’re just trying to get all the information. | 我们只是想掌握所有线索 |
[20:31] | Including, but not limited to, | 包括但不限于 |
[20:33] | – your relationship with the victim. – I had… | -你和死者的关系 -我本人 |
[20:35] | no relationship with her. | 和她没有关系 |
[20:37] | Other than I was on a committee with her. | 除了我和她在同一个委员会 |
[20:40] | – And I walked– – Evening, miss. | -还有我路过 -晚上好 小姐 |
[20:42] | Good evening, Alan. | 晚上好 艾伦 |
[20:44] | And I unwittingly | 我无意中 |
[20:46] | walked within a block of her apartment | 她公寓附近散步 |
[20:49] | the night that she was killed. | 就在她被杀的那晚 |
[20:50] | You know she was an artist, right? | 你知道她是个艺术家吧 |
[20:52] | A sculptor. Painter. | 雕刻家 画家 |
[20:56] | It was on the news. | 新闻上说了 |
[20:57] | – You never knew it before. – So you never, uh… | -你以前并不知道 -所以你从没 |
[21:00] | …posed for her? | 给她当过模特 |
[21:03] | Oh, fuck you. What? | 当然没有 什么鬼 |
[21:04] | We found something in her basement storage. | 我们在她地下室的仓库里发现了些东西 |
[21:08] | I don’t– | 我不想看 |
[21:10] | It’s an oil portrait. | 这是幅油画 |
[21:20] | I would say she captured you… | 我觉得她画你还 |
[21:23] | rather well. | 挺像的 |
[21:25] | Don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗 |
[21:40] | Did you know? | 你知道吗 |
[21:40] | No, no. No, I had no idea. | 当然不知道 我不知道 |
[21:43] | You mean, like a portrait? | 你是说肖像吗 |
[21:44] | – Yes! A portrait. – Christ. | -对 一幅肖像 -天呐 |
[21:47] | And exceptionally detailed. | 而且非常细节了 |
[21:51] | Well, I knew she was obsessed, but, uh… | 我知道她鬼迷心窍了 但是 |
[21:55] | What are the police making of it? | 警察怎么看 |
[21:58] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[22:00] | Or they’re not saying. They’re just… | 或者他们不肯说 他们只是 |
[22:02] | asking more questions and I don’t have the answers. | 问了一堆问题 而我没有答案 |
[22:07] | We’ll get through this. | 我们会挺过去的 |
[22:10] | We’ll get through this somehow. | 我们会渡过难关的 |
[22:11] | – Jonathan, stop. – We will. We will. We will. | -乔纳森 住手 -我们会的 会的 |
[22:14] | We’re not in this together. | 我们不是一伙的 |
[22:16] | We’re not. | 我们不是 |
[22:17] | You stand accused of a crime | 你被指控犯罪 |
[22:18] | that maybe you did, maybe you didn’t do. | 也许是你干的 也许不是 |
[22:22] | And I’m gonna play the role. The assigned role of the wife. | 我要撑起的角色 是妻子的角色 |
[22:27] | And that’s it. | 仅此而已 |
[22:34] | Well, then, I’ll just pray that I… make my way back to you. | 那我就祈祷自己能回到你身边 |
[22:38] | You know, what we had, you and I, was… | 你和我之间所拥有的 |
[22:41] | It’s too big to undo just like that. | 太多了 无法一笔勾销 |
[22:43] | – I didn’t– – But you did. You managed to undo it, didn’t you? | -我不能 -但你一笔勾销了 不是吗 |
[22:58] | Whatever I feel for you, | 不管我对你有什么感觉 |
[23:00] | it doesn’t matter, because my mind is stronger than my heart. | 都没关系 因为我的精神比内心更强大 |
[23:05] | You know that about me. | 你了解我的 |
[23:06] | And while you may not be a murderer, you’re… | 虽然你也许不是杀人犯 但你 |
[23:11] | You’re not my husband. | 你不是我丈夫 |
[23:14] | You’ll never be my husband. | 你永远不再是我丈夫了 |
[23:20] | Come on. Come here. | 别这样嘛 过来 |
[23:22] | Come here. Come on. Come on. | 过来 别这样嘛 来吧 |
[23:25] | It’s me. It’s me. It’s me. | 是我 是我 是我 |
[23:28] | – It’s me. It’s me. – Why would you– | -是我 是我 -你为什么 |
[23:33] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[23:35] | – It’s me. -Stop it. Please stop. | -是我 – 闭嘴 别说了 |
[23:37] | Stop. Just stop it. Stop it now. | 别说了 不要说了 |
[23:41] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[23:46] | No. | 不 |
[23:48] | Come on. | 好了 |
[23:56] | The bail, you will recall, | 你们还记得吧 保释金 |
[23:57] | was set at ten million bond, two million cash, | 是一千万债券 两百万现金 |
[24:00] | a number Dr. Fraser has presumably met. | 弗雷泽医生可能负担得起 |
[24:03] | It is white privilege. | 这是白人特权 |
[24:05] | You think that if it was the husband, | 如果凶手是那位丈夫 |
[24:06] | or any black man, that he would have been granted bail? | 或者其他黑人 你觉得他会被保释吗 |
[24:10] | This was a vicious murder. | 这是一起恶性谋杀 |
[24:12] | The woman’s head was nearly liquefied. | 那女人的头几乎都稀烂了 |
[24:14] | He’s not a threat to society? | 他对社会没有威胁吗 |
[24:16] | It’s obscene. | 太卑鄙了 |
[24:28] | Franklin. | 富兰克林 |
[24:30] | Hi, dear. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[24:34] | Come say hello. | 过来打个招呼 |
[24:35] | – Hello. How are you? – You run off. | -你好吗 -你先过去 |
[24:37] | – Good. – Tell them I’m sorry. | -很好 -告诉他们 我很抱歉 |
[24:38] | – Tell Miss Hatsy it’s my fault. – Bye. | -告诉海蒂小姐是我的错 -再见 |
[24:40] | I’ve told Grace a thousand times, but if there’s anything I can do. | 我跟格蕾丝说过无数次了 有什么事就来找我 |
[24:44] | You’re a dear, dear girl and she knows it. So do I. | 你是个非常好的姑娘 我和她都很清楚 |
[24:47] | How is she? | 她怎么样了 |
[24:49] | Just… She’s always so… stoic. How is she, really? | 她太隐忍了 她到底怎么样了 |
[24:54] | Really? | 说实话吗 |
[24:57] | I don’t know. I don’t know whether I ever knew. | 我也不知道 我真的不怎么了解她 |
[25:01] | She’s just Grace being Grace. | 格蕾丝还是那样 |
[25:04] | My date has just appeared. | 我的约会对象出现了 |
[25:08] | You have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[25:10] | Oh, I intend to. | 正有此意 |
[25:14] | He didn’t do anything wrong. | 他没做错什么 |
[25:15] | Why homeschool him, then? | 那为什么让他在家自学 |
[25:17] | Well, we just feel it would be in the best interest of everyone, | 我们觉得这样对大家都好 |
[25:19] | – if Henry, for the time being– – Why? | -如果亨利这段时间 -为什么 |
[25:22] | With the trial approaching, | 马上就要开庭了 |
[25:24] | the distraction serves no one. | 这样大家不会分心嘛 |
[25:27] | You told my daughter that Reardon would be there for Henry. | 你告诉我女儿里尔顿会照顾亨利的 |
[25:31] | – That the community was… steadfast. – I did, but– | -社区坚决支持 -是的 但是 |
[25:35] | Henry’s life has been ripped apart. | 亨利的生活支离破碎 |
[25:37] | If ever an overpriced, self-important, | 如果一个要价过高 自以为是的 |
[25:40] | full-of-shit school needed to step up– | 垃圾学校需要挺身而出 |
[25:43] | This is coming from the board. | 这是董事会的决定 |
[25:46] | They feel we need to create distance | 他们不想让里尔登 |
[25:48] | between Reardon and all the ugliness. | 扯上丑陋的事情 |
[25:51] | I cannot exalt your grandson’s needs | 我无法满足你孙子的需求 |
[25:54] | at the expense of the school’s writ large. | 学校会损失一大笔钱的 |
[25:57] | Well, I can. | 我可以 |
[25:58] | I’ve given a lot of money to this school, Mr. Connaver. | 我给这所学校捐了很多钱 康纳弗先生 |
[26:01] | And I’ve always considered it a privilege to be able to do so. | 我一直觉得这是我的荣幸 |
[26:07] | But make no mistake. | 但是别搞错了 |
[26:10] | I am a cocksucker. | 我是个混蛋[口交] |
[26:12] | And I don’t mean that in the sense of gay belittlement, | 我不是在贬低同性恋 |
[26:16] | as it’s currently come to be interpreted. | 虽然目前这个词变成了一个梗 |
[26:19] | No. | 不 |
[26:20] | I’m an old-fashioned cocksucker. | 我是个复古的混蛋 |
[26:24] | The more traditional kind. | 传统的那种 |
[26:27] | The kind who fucks over anyone who hurts me, or a loved one. | 只要敢伤害我和我的亲人 我就让他们好看 |
[26:34] | You speak of ugliness, Mr. Connaver. | 虽然你嘴上说丑陋 康纳弗先生 |
[26:39] | You have not yet met ugliness. | 但你还没见过真正的丑陋 |
[27:22] | Please. | 拜托 |
[30:12] | Hey, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[30:15] | – It’s all right. – Are you okay? | -没事的 -你没事吧 |
[30:16] | Fine. I promise. | 没事 我保证 |
[30:21] | – Wh-what happened? – I don’t know. | -发生了什么事 -我也不知道 |
[30:24] | I was… I was walking in the park, | 我当时在公园散步 |
[30:27] | and I got lightheaded and then… | 有点头晕 然后 |
[30:30] | Think I just went numb. | 就晕过去了 |
[30:46] | Jonathan. | 乔纳森 |
[30:50] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[30:51] | I’m fine. It was probably just a bit of a panic attack, | 我没事 可能只是恐慌发作 |
[30:54] | and then s– stress. | 压力有点大吧 |
[30:58] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[31:02] | Hey, buddy. | 小子 |
[31:04] | – How you doing? You alright? – Yeah. | -你好吗 没事吧 -嗯 |
[31:12] | So what are the doctors saying? | 医生怎么说 |
[31:15] | They’re just saying that it was stress-induced, | 他们说是压力太大引起的 |
[31:19] | and that I’m gonna be discharged, so– | 我马上就能出院了 所以 |
[31:21] | – All right. So, eyes open. – Jonathan… please don’t. | -好 睁眼 -乔纳森 别这样 |
[31:23] | Eyes open. Eyes open, please. Please. | 睁眼 请睁眼 拜托 |
[31:27] | Jonathan, come on. Please don’t do this. | 乔纳森 别这样 别这样 |
[31:28] | And open, open, open. Open, please. | 睁开 睁开 请睁开 |
[31:35] | Can you track my finger? | 你能追踪我的手指吗 |
[31:38] | And touch my finger. | 摸我的手指 |
[31:39] | – Oh, please. Really? – Come on. Do it. | -不是吧 -拜托 来吧 |
[31:44] | Yeah. And now your nose. | 嗯 你的鼻子 |
[31:47] | And, uh, finger. | 手指 |
[31:49] | And now nose. I think you’re okay. | 鼻子 应该没事 |
[31:55] | I think you’re okay. | 应该没事 |
[31:59] | Yeah. When can I get out? | 我什么时候能出院 |
[32:11] | Jesus. So what was it? | 天啊 怎么回事 |
[32:12] | I don’t know. They say, uh, | 我也不知道 他们说 |
[32:14] | they say it was just an anxiety attack. | 他们说只是焦虑发作 |
[32:16] | Anxiety. | 焦虑 |
[32:18] | Why on Earth would you have anxiety? | 你为什么会焦虑 |
[32:20] | Is something going on in your life? | 你出了什么事吗 |
[32:22] | You’re funny. | 你真幽默 |
[32:24] | Why don’t you come over to the house | 不如你这周来我家过一夜 |
[32:25] | one night this week and we can have a, | 我们可以来个 我也不知道 |
[32:27] | I don’t know, a boozy sleepover. Just you and me. | 喝点酒 睡一觉 就咱俩 |
[32:32] | Yeah, that sounds fun. | 听起来很不错啊 |
[32:34] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[32:37] | You really okay? | 你真的没事吗 |
[32:39] | I’m fine, I promise. | 我没事 我保证 |
[32:43] | I’m thinking of you. | 我很担心你 |
[32:46] | Okay. Bye. | 好 再见 |
[33:21] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[33:22] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[33:29] | It’s a wonderful instrument, the violin. | 小提琴是一种很棒的乐器 |
[33:32] | Yeah. I, I like it. | 嗯 我很喜欢 |
[33:36] | Most kids at Reardon want to play the drums, | 里尔登的大多数孩子都想打鼓 |
[33:38] | and the bass, and the guitar, and… | 贝斯 吉他 还有 |
[33:41] | I, I like the violin. | 我喜欢小提琴 |
[33:43] | ‘C-cause it’s different. | 因为它与众不同 |
[33:50] | I heard you left your footprint on Connaver’s head. | 我听说康纳弗的头上有你的脚印 |
[33:57] | He’s a putz. | 他是个白痴 |
[34:46] | Well, hello. | 你好 |
[34:51] | Can I come in, please? | 我能进来吗 |
[34:56] | Please. | 拜托 |
[35:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:09] | Miguel. | 米格尔 |
[35:13] | Oh, you look well, my friend. Yeah? | 你气色不错 小朋友 |
[35:16] | Leave him alone. | 别烦他 |
[35:18] | He’s my patient, Fernando. | 他是我的病人 费尔南多 |
[35:19] | Just get your hands off him. | 别碰他 |
[35:21] | You look strong. That’s great. | 你看起来很强壮 挺好的 |
[35:24] | I’m so sorry about your mom. | 你妈妈的事我很遗憾 |
[35:25] | – Don’t talk to him. – I want you to know, | -别跟他说话 -我想让你知道 |
[35:28] | that what happened to your mom, Miguel… | 你妈妈的事 米格尔 |
[35:32] | – I didn’t do it. – All right. It’s all right. Come on. | -不是我干的 -好了 走吧 |
[35:35] | – Go to your room, Miguel. – No, he should know that. | -回房间去 米格尔 -不 应该让他知道 |
[35:37] | Go to your room. Go to your room. Come on. | 回房间去 回房间去 去吧 |
[35:39] | – Go to your room. – He needs to know that, and so do you. | -回你房间去 -他需要知道这点 你也一样 |
[35:42] | There were lines I crossed. | 我是越界了 |
[35:45] | But I did not take Elena’s life. | 但我没有杀埃琳娜 |
[35:47] | Get out of my house, now. | 滚出我家 |
[35:49] | I didn’t do it, Fernando. I didn’t do it. | 不是我干的 费尔南多 不是我干的 |
[35:53] | Go to your room, Miguel. | 回房间去 米格尔 |
[35:56] | Now. | 赶紧的 |
[35:59] | Put your headphones on, okay? | 戴上耳机 好吗 |
[36:00] | Put your headphones on and turn the volume up. | 戴上耳机 把音量调大 |
[36:03] | Fernando, I… | 费尔南多 我 |
[36:05] | I don’t mean to seem insensitive, | 我也不想这么无理 |
[36:06] | but desperation has a way of trumping good manners. | 但是绝望的时候 真的顾不上了 |
[36:10] | With Elena, there was something about her that seemed, uh, | 和埃琳娜在一起时 我也说不好 |
[36:13] | I don’t know. That was off. | 总觉得她有点不对劲 |
[36:15] | – I need to find out exactly– – This is your plan? | -我得弄清楚 -这就是你的计划 |
[36:19] | This is your fuckin’ plan? | 这就是你的傻逼计划 |
[36:21] | To make her seem off? | 让她看起来不对劲 |
[36:23] | I know your grief, because I feel your grief. | 我明白你的悲痛 因为我能感受到 |
[36:25] | And I want whoever did this to be caught. | 我也希望凶手能被抓住 |
[36:29] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[36:31] | Well, you need to believe me. | 你得相信我 |
[36:33] | And at a minimum, believe this. | 至少相信下面这句话 |
[36:35] | You need to stay away from my wife. | 离我妻子远点 |
[36:38] | Like you stayed away from mine? | 就像你离我妻子那么远吗 |
[36:49] | She has to be fed. | 她想吃东西了 |
[37:21] | Would you like to feed her? | 你想喂她吗 |
[37:25] | Your daughter. Would you like to feed her? | 你的女儿 你想喂她吗 |
[37:31] | Here. Here, here, here. | 好了 好了 好了 |
[37:34] | Here, baby. | 好了 宝贝 |
[37:36] | Daddy’s home. | 爸爸回来了 |
[37:58] | You met her before? | 你见过她吗 |
[38:00] | I have, yeah. | 见过 |
[38:03] | You’ve held her before? | 你抱过她吗 |
[38:07] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[38:11] | Such a beautiful little girl. | 小姑娘真好看 |
[38:13] | Yeah. That she is. | 是啊 |
[38:16] | That she is. | 没错 |
[38:18] | Come here. See you. Let’s see you. | 来 看看你 |
[38:22] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[38:23] | It’s difficult to love her. | 我很难去爱她 |
[38:28] | I have tried really hard, and… | 我真的努力了 |
[38:31] | And I will keep trying. | 我会继续努力的 |
[38:37] | But it’s difficult, knowing how… | 但这很难 因为我知道 |
[38:39] | I could take her. | 我可以带她走 |
[38:41] | Would you prefer that? | 你愿意吗 |
[38:48] | Are you out of your fucking mind? | 你他妈疯了吗 |
[38:50] | I had to warn him off Grace. | 我得警告他离格蕾丝远点 |
[38:52] | – And I thought if I appealed to him– – He’d what? | -我想着如果我恳求他 -他会怎样 |
[38:55] | Believe you? Forgive you? | 相信你 原谅你吗 |
[38:57] | You just committed witness tampering. | 你这是骚扰证人罪 |
[38:59] | A condition of your bail is that you stay away– | 保释的条件是你远离 |
[39:02] | – I did not try and influence him. – It doesn’t matter. | -我没有试图说服他 -这不重要 |
[39:04] | You actually thought that you might win over the man | 你被指控残忍杀害了他的妻子 |
[39:08] | whose wife you’re accused of savagely killing. | 你觉得他会帮你吗 |
[39:11] | How much fucking charm do you think you have? | 你以为自己有多大的魅力啊 |
[39:13] | I didn’t see the harm. I really didn’t. | 我不觉得有什么不好 真的 |
[39:16] | I didn’t. | 我不觉得 |
[39:19] | Do you ever? | 你觉得有问题吗 |
[39:23] | Fine, I apologize. What’s next? | 好吧 我道歉 接下来呢 |
[39:28] | You actually did think you could change his mind, didn’t you? | 你真的觉得你能改变他的想法 对吗 |
[39:34] | Oh, my God. Of course. | 天哪 当然了 |
[39:36] | – What? – Why wouldn’t he believe you? | -怎么了 -他怎么会不相信你呢 |
[39:40] | You cast a spell. | 你都施了咒了 |
[39:43] | You have done it with everyone you’ve ever met. | 你对你见过的每个人都施过咒 |
[39:47] | With a face like that. | 毕竟长着一张这样的脸 |
[39:50] | I have a handsome, charismatic client. | 我有个帅气 有魅力的客户 |
[39:53] | Capable of mesmerizing. | 能让人着迷 |
[40:00] | We will win this. | 我们会赢的 |
[40:03] | We will get the jury to see in you | 我们会让陪审团看到 |
[40:06] | what you see in you. | 你在自己身上看到的东西 |
[40:12] | What I see in you. | 我在你身上看到的东西 |
[40:26] | How’d I do? Did I pass? | 我表现如何 通过了吗 |
[40:30] | Barely. | 勉强通过 |
[40:33] | So what’s the deal? Are we just gonna play games, here, Haley, | 所以怎么着 海莉 我们就在这里过家家吗 |
[40:35] | or do you perhaps have a, a legal strategy for my defense? | 你想到帮我辩护的法律策略了吗 |
[40:38] | I met with the district attorney. | 我见了地方检察官 |
[40:39] | They have a strong case. | 他们的证据很充分 |
[40:41] | The scene of the crime is essentially a shrine to your DNA. | 犯罪现场有你的DNA |
[40:44] | That said, it’s still circumstantial. | 即便如此 这依然是间接证据 |
[40:47] | She didn’t offer “heat of passion,” | 她没有说”冲动杀人” |
[40:48] | but I think I could get her there. | 但我觉得应该能争取一下 |
[40:50] | If you are talking about a plea, the answer is no. | 如果你想让我认罪 答案是不行 |
[40:52] | Voluntary manslaughter would be a steal. | 能判成非预谋故意杀人罪已经算走运了 |
[40:54] | Yes. For someone who did it. | 那是对于凶手来说 |
[40:57] | We lose on murder one or two, | 要是判成一级或二级谋杀 |
[40:58] | you could spend the rest of your life in jail. | 你可能就要在监狱里度过余生了 |
[41:00] | I’m not pleading guilty. Is that clear? | 我不认罪 明白吗 |
[41:03] | I’m innocent. | 我是无辜的 |
[41:05] | I did not fucking do it. | 不是我干的 |
[41:10] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[41:12] | – Anything else? – No, that’s great. Thank you. | -还有别的事吗 -没有了 谢谢 |
[41:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:31] | We’re gonna do a TV interview. | 我们要做一个电视采访 |
[41:35] | Like it or not… | 不管你喜不喜欢 |
[41:37] | this case is on trial right now on television, for everyone to see. | 这个案子已经上电视了 所有人都能看到 |
[41:41] | Including the potential jury pool. | 包括潜在的陪审团 |
[41:44] | We need to jump into that pool. | 我们得跳进泳池 |
[41:46] | You want me to– go on TV? | 你想让我上电视吗 |
[41:49] | With me at your side. | 我会陪着你的 |
[41:51] | It could be the straightest line to an open mind. Let people… | 这可能是通往开放思维最直接的方式 让人们 |
[41:55] | Let people see you. Hear you. | 让人们看到你 听到你的声音 |
[41:58] | Without being subject to cross. | 而不会被盘问 |
[42:08] | I never aspired to a perfect life, you know. | 我从没想过完美的生活 |
[42:12] | I just wanted to be happy. | 我只想快乐一点 |
[42:14] | I had this idea of what a good family looked like, | 我有个好家庭的概念 |
[42:17] | which I got from you and Mom. | 这是你和妈妈交给我的 |
[42:19] | – That’s really all I wanted. – Grace. | -这就是我想要的 -格蕾丝 |
[42:24] | Your mother and I were never happy. | 你妈妈和我并不幸福 |
[42:28] | What? | 什么 |
[42:32] | I was unfaithful to her. All the time. | 我经常背着她偷腥 |
[42:46] | – No, you weren’t. – I think maybe that’s what | -不 你没有 -这可能就是 |
[42:49] | informed my contempt for Jonathan. | 我鄙视乔纳森的原因 |
[42:54] | He reminded me of me. | 他让我想起了自己 |
[42:57] | I was not a… | 我不是 |
[42:59] | quote, unquote, “good husband,” Grace. | “好丈夫” 格蕾丝 |
[43:05] | You were. You were! | 你是啊 你就是 |
[43:07] | Uh, you were, Dad. I remember. You were… | 你是好丈夫 爸 我记得 |
[43:11] | You loved her. You, you were devoted to her. | 你爱她 你对她很用心 |
[43:14] | You would write her notes. You’d bring her gifts. | 你会给她写纸条 送她礼物 |
[43:16] | You’d shower her with, with, with, with jewelry, w– | 你会送她首饰 |
[43:19] | You, you– | 你 你 |
[43:21] | Dad, you loved her. | 爸 你爱她 |
[43:23] | I saw it. I remember. I– | 我看到了 我记得 我 |
[43:28] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[43:30] | I did. | 是的 |
[43:33] | But I was unfaithful to her, | 但我对她不忠 |
[43:35] | again and again and again and again. | 一次又一次 一次又一次 |
[43:40] | No. | 不 |
[43:42] | – And each time, – You– | -每一次 -你 |
[43:43] | I would come to the realization | 我会意识到 |
[43:47] | that this was not the way I wanted to live my life, | 这不是我想要的生活方式 |
[43:49] | and I would… come back to the fold. | 然后我就回头了 |
[43:53] | Determined to reset, | 决心重新开始 |
[43:55] | I would confess to your mother. | 向你母亲坦白 |
[43:58] | Apologize. | 道歉 |
[44:00] | Different jewelry. I don’t think she ever wore any of it. | 送不同的首饰 她好像一件都没戴过 |
[44:05] | I’m sure it was poison to her. | 她肯定觉得很恶心 |
[44:09] | And the gifts were penance. | 送礼物是为了赎罪 |
[44:13] | My atonement. | 我的赎罪 |
[44:16] | It’s just… not what you needed to hear right now, | 虽然这话有点扎心 |
[44:19] | but the idea that your ideal of a marriage | 但你理想的婚姻 |
[44:24] | was based on what your mother and I had? | 是建立在我和你妈的基础上吗 |
[44:32] | You’ve always had a way of chasing ghosts, Grace. | 你老是一厢情愿 格蕾丝 |
[44:35] | Of believing in things you shouldn’t, | 相信不应该相信的事 |
[44:36] | and I, I am afraid that you are going to find a way | 我很担心你会说服自己 |
[44:40] | to believe in him again. | 继续相信他 |
[44:47] | Exactly how weak do you think I am? | 在你眼里 我有多软弱啊 |
[45:13] | Okay, in three, two, one. And cue Connie. | 好 三 二 一 提示康妮 |
[45:17] | Joining us now is Dr. Jonathan Fraser, | 我们请到了乔纳森·弗雷泽医生 |
[45:19] | along with his attorney, Haley Fitzgerald. | 还有他的律师 海莉·菲茨杰拉德 |
[45:22] | – Welcome. Thanks for being with us. – Thanks for having us. | -欢迎 谢谢你们接受采访 -谢谢你邀请我们 |
[45:25] | You know, this is a little unusual interview. | 这个采访有点不寻常 |
[45:28] | Allowing access to your client on national television. | 允许你的委托人上全国电视台 |
[45:33] | Well, honestly, he’s already been quite on display. | 老实说 他已经很扎眼了 |
[45:36] | And the picture has been distorted. I thought, | 事实已经被扭曲了 所以我觉得 |
[45:39] | let the people see for themselves. | 应该让人们亲眼看看 |
[45:40] | What do you want them to see? | 你想让他们看到什么 |
[45:47] | I suppose the answer to your question is… the truth. | 你问题的答案应该是真相 |
[45:52] | Which is to say that I’m flawed. | 也就是说我有缺陷 |
[45:56] | I do not pass myself off as… honorable, because I’m not. | 我不会把自己伪装成圣人 因为我不是 |
[46:01] | I was unfaithful to a wife who I love. | 我背叛了我爱的妻子 |
[46:05] | I hurt her, I hurt my son. | 我伤害了她 我伤害了我儿子 |
[46:07] | Both those things are unforgivable. | 这两件事都不可原谅 |
[46:10] | You do admit that you’re a cheater. | 所以你承认你出轨了 |
[46:12] | But are you a killer? Did you kill Elena? | 但你是杀人犯吗 是你杀了埃琳娜吗 |
[46:16] | That I’m not guilty of. | 我是清白的 |
[46:18] | Well, let’s take your version of events. | 我们来听听你的说法吧 |
[46:20] | You say you suddenly came upon her. | 你说你突然遇到她 |
[46:22] | You discovered her dead. But why did you run? | 你发现她死了 但你为什么要跑呢 |
[46:27] | Because I was in shock, | 因为我很震惊 |
[46:29] | and I mean that in the, in the medical sense. | 我是说医学意义上的 |
[46:31] | So, that’s, that’s a cognitive shut-down. | 这是认知障碍 |
[46:33] | It’s like a very extreme form of panic. | 这是一种非常极端的恐慌 |
[46:35] | Innocent people do not flee. | 无辜的人不会逃跑 |
[46:36] | Well, I, I didn’t feel at all like an innocent man. | 我当时并不觉得自己是无辜的 |
[46:41] | I was guilty of infidelity, | 我背叛了妻子 |
[46:44] | and I felt pretty certain, that, uh… | 而且我当时很笃定 |
[46:52] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[46:56] | That I was the cause of her death. | 是我害死了她 |
[46:59] | Which is not to say that she died at my hands. | 不是说她死在了我手上 |
[47:02] | But I felt it was possible, probable even, | 但我觉得有可能 有很大的可能 |
[47:04] | that someone else, in a fit of jealousy, or, or rage, | 另一个人 出于嫉妒 愤怒 |
[47:09] | I had, uh… | 毕竟我 |
[47:12] | made love to her. | 跟她做爱了 |
[47:15] | It could have possibly triggered the killer. | 有可能让凶手上头了 |
[47:17] | Maybe he saw, uh… | 也许他看到了 |
[47:20] | We, we know that she was killed, uh, shortly after I left. | 众所周知 她是在我离开后不久被杀的 |
[47:24] | But the police say that the evidence points | 但警方说证据 |
[47:27] | only and unequivocally to you. | 很明确地指向你一个人 |
[47:29] | So I think that the police need to collect– | 所以我认为警方要收集 |
[47:30] | If I could jump in here. | 我能插句话吗 |
[47:31] | – The police do an excellent job. – Sorry. Yeah. Yeah. | -警察很优秀 -抱歉 是的 |
[47:33] | But sometimes they make human mistakes. | 但是人总是会犯错的 |
[47:35] | Well, you think they rushed here? | 你觉得他们操之过急了吗 |
[47:36] | This is a high-profile homicide. | 这是一起备受瞩目的凶杀案 |
[47:38] | Which happened to a mother from a well-to-do school. | 死者是一位贵族学校的学生母亲 |
[47:41] | These things are not supposed to happen. | 这种事按理说不应该发生的 |
[47:43] | And when they do, the public demands an answer. | 既然发生了 公众就需要一个答案 |
[47:46] | And assurance that the same horror couldn’t possibly visit them. | 并且希望同样的惨剧不会发生在他们身上 |
[47:50] | The police feel that pressure. | 警察感受到了这种压力 |
[47:51] | – The pressure? – Yes, they feel that pressure. | -压力 -是的 他们感到了压力 |
[47:53] | And doubly so in an election year. | 在选举年更是如此 |
[47:54] | – I would think pressure to get it right. – Absolutely. | -应该是抓捕真凶的压力吧 -当然 |
[47:57] | But sometimes, they get blinded. | 但有时 他们也会被蒙蔽 |
[47:59] | And in this case, by low-hanging fruit. | 在此案中 就是唾手可得的嫌疑人 |
[48:01] | Jonathan was there, around the time. | 因为乔纳森当时在现场 |
[48:04] | He left his DNA. | 他留下了DNA |
[48:06] | And it wasn’t you? | 但凶手不是你吗 |
[48:09] | It wasn’t me. | 不是我 |
[48:11] | You know, I get the feeling you’re, | 我有种感觉 |
[48:13] | you’re trying to come off as some kind of victim? | 你想把自己塑造成受害者吗 |
[48:18] | Well, I… | 我 |
[48:20] | I’m not a victim in a, in a conventional sense, no. | 传统意义上来说 我不是受害者 |
[48:24] | And I, I brought a lot of this on myself. | 这都是我自找的 |
[48:26] | But, uh… | 但是 |
[48:29] | Let’s not forget that, uh… | 别忘了 |
[48:38] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[48:40] | Go, go ahead. | 请继续 |
[48:41] | Go ahead. Let’s not forget what? | 说吧 别忘了什么 |
[48:48] | Jonathan… | 乔纳森 |
[48:51] | That in all this… | 在这次事件中 |
[48:54] | I lost someone I love. | 我失去了我所爱之人 |
[49:01] | And, uh… | 还有 |
[49:03] | Well, there you are. You know, people often think that, uh, | 说白了 人们经常认为 |
[49:06] | being made a suspect must preempt, | 被当成嫌疑人就必须先发制人 |
[49:08] | or, or, or quash grief. | 或是抚平伤痛 |
[49:10] | But I can assure you that that’s not the case. | 但我可以向你们保证 不是这样的 |
[49:13] | So you still say you didn’t kill her? | 所以你还是坚持自己没有杀她吗 |
[49:16] | Well, I say, I say that because I did not kill her. | 我这么说 就是因为我没有杀她 |
[49:20] | You loved this woman. You knew her. You knew her life. | 你爱这个女人 你了解她 你了解她的生活 |
[49:23] | Do you have some idea, perhaps, who did? | 你知道是谁干的吗 |
[49:36] | I do. Yeah. | 嗯 我知道 |