| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:04] | previously on the west wing: | |
| [00:06] | You know what? I really like you. | 我很喜欢你 | 
| [00:08] | If you’d give me your number, I’d like to call you. | 给我电话号码,我会跟你连络 | 
| [00:10] | Stay right here and save yourself a call | 你留下来就省得打电话 | 
| [00:12] | President’s pissed as hell with you josh and so am i. | 总统对你很不爽,我也一样 | 
| [00:14] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [00:16] | It’s my job to tell the president the best thing he can do | 我的职责是告诉总统 | 
| [00:18] | From a p.r. Standpoint is to show you the door. | 就公关观点来说他该请你走路 | 
| [00:21] | You won that election for him. | 你替他赢得选战 | 
| [00:23] | You and leo and C.J. And sam. | 你、里奥、茜洁和山姆 | 
| [00:25] | Is it possible that you are | 你可能也是个 | 
| [00:27] | What I’m certain would have to be a very high-priced callgirl | 价码很高的应召女郎吧? | 
| [00:31] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [00:32] | 30 second hypothetically. | 假设你是罗伊罗素 | 
| [00:34] | You’re lloyd russel, newly crowned prince with a white suburban woman. | 是郊区白种女人的最爱 | 
| [00:36] | You’re no friend of the president. What’d you do? | 你不是现任总统的朋友 你会怎么做? | 
| [00:38] | Put together an exploratory committee. | 组成一个查察委员会 你会找谁来主持? | 
| [00:40] | Who’d you get to run it? I’d get mandy. | 我会找��蒂 | 
| [00:42] | You’re dating lloyd rusell? | 你在跟罗伊罗素约会 | 
| [00:43] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [00:45] | As we speak, the coast guard are fishing cubans out of the atlantic ocean. | 而现在海岸巡防队 正在大西洋打捞古巴人 | 
| [00:47] | And it turns out that I accidentally slept with a prostitute last night. | 我昨晚竟意外跟个妓女上床 | 
| [00:50] | Now, would you please in the name of compassion | 现在求你大发慈悲 | 
| [00:52] | Tell me which one of those kids is my boss’ daughter. | 告诉我哪个是我老板的女儿 | 
| [00:54] | That would be me | 就是我 | 
| [00:55] | Oh, this is bad on so many levels. | 这下灾情更惨重了 | 
| [00:58] | Josh. Don’t ever do it again. | 乔西,别再出这种纰漏 | 
| [01:01] | Yes sir. | 是,长官 蓝丁汉太太,接下来呢 | 
| [01:02] | Mrs. Lanningham. What’s next? | 蓝丁汉太太,接下来呢 | 
| [01:20] | ( blowing horn ) | “发生其后,必其所致” | 
| [01:33] | Are you crazy?! | 你疯了吗? | 
| [01:36] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗? ��蒂… | 
| [01:37] | Have you lost your mind? | 你疯了吗? ��蒂… 你神智不清吗? | 
| [01:39] | Why don’t we go up to my office? | 你神智不清吗? 我们进去我的办公室谈吧 | 
| [01:40] | We can talk about it. | 我们进去我的办公室谈吧 | 
| [01:41] | Why did you make that deal? | 你为什么会谈妥这种交易? | 
| [01:42] | Lady, I don’t think you can leave your car… | 你不能把车停在那里 | 
| [01:43] | Shut up. | 闭嘴,你为什么谈妥这种交易 | 
| [01:44] | Why did you make that deal? | 只是到期中选以后 罗伊… | 
| [01:45] | We keep the bill in committee | 只是到期中选以后 罗伊… | 
| [01:46] | Until after midterms, and that way… | 我们把法案搁置在委员会 直到期中选后,那样… | 
| [01:48] | And that way the white house doesn’t have to veto it | 白宫可以等没人注目时 | 
| [01:51] | Until nobody’s looking. | 再来动手封杀 | 
| [01:52] | We wanted people | 这个… 我们就是要大家注目 | 
| [01:53] | To be looking. | 参议员,我们真的该走了 | 
| [01:55] | Lloyd, why? Why did you make that deal? | 罗伊,你为什么去吃早餐 谈妥那个交易? | 
| [01:58] | They offered us a good spot | 他们提供我们在提名大会时 | 
| [01:59] | At the nominating convention. | 位居要角 | 
| [02:00] | Excuse me? It’s true. | 你说什么? 是真的,也许会 由我来宣布提名总统 | 
| [02:02] | I might nominate the president. | 是真的,也许会 由我来宣布提名总统 | 
| [02:03] | Possibly keynote. | 可能是主要发言人 | 
| [02:05] | Definitely something in prime-time. | 绝对是在黄金时段 | 
| [02:07] | Of course they offered you | 他们当然会在提名大会里 | 
| [02:08] | Something good at the convention. | 给你一点甜头 | 
| [02:09] | They don’t want you to get nominated. | 他们不希望 你在提名大会里被提名 | 
| [02:11] | We were going to have the stage for a month. | 冷静点 那法案会让我们大出风头 我们会有一个月的政治舞台 | 
| [02:14] | It was our nesun dorma. | 它本来是我们的重头戏 “公主彻夜未眠” | 
| [02:16] | What the hell’s nesun dorma? | 什么是公主彻夜未眠? | 
| [02:17] | An italian aria by wagner. | 那是华格纳的意大利咏叹调 | 
| [02:18] | Puccini. Wagner’s german | 是普西尼,华格纳是德国人 而你是白痴 | 
| [02:20] | And you’re a moron. | 抱歉,女士,一切都好吧 不,一切都不好 | 
| [02:21] | Is everything all right? | 抱歉,女士,一切都好吧 | 
| [02:22] | No, everything is not all right. | 不,一切都不好 | 
| [02:23] | I left a top-tier marketing firm | 我辞掉享有认股权的 | 
| [02:25] | Where I had stock options To come down here | 顶尖行销公司的工作 | 
| [02:27] | And get this guy elected president | 来这里帮助这�砘镅∽芡� | 
| [02:29] | But he went to breakfast this morning | 他今早却去吃早餐谈妥交易 | 
| [02:31] | And made a deal to bottle up 443 Until after the midterm elections | 搁置四四三法案直到期中选后 | 
| [02:34] | Avoiding the national exposure | 避开国人注目的机会 | 
| [02:35] | That was our only hope of making any kind of a challenge. | 这可是我们成功的唯一希望 | 
| [02:39] | Senator, we got a caucus. | 参议员,我们得去开会 | 
| [02:41] | Hang on. | 等一等 | 
| [02:42] | Lloyd… | 罗伊 听我说… | 
| [02:43] | Listen to me. | 罗伊 听我说… | 
| [02:45] | I was going… Listen to me. | 我是要听… 听我说 | 
| [02:48] | It wasn’t going to happen. | 那事搞不成的 | 
| [02:50] | Maybe somewhere down the road | 也许以后会有机会 | 
| [02:53] | But this year, it wasn’t going to happen. | 但绝不是今年 | 
| [02:55] | I had two years to make it happen. | 我有两年时间可以搞定 | 
| [02:57] | I was going to take them on. | 我本来要对他们宣战 | 
| [02:59] | They beat me before I got my boxes unpacked. | 他们在我行李都还没拆封时 就打败了我 | 
| [03:01] | You’ll bounce back. | 你会恢复的,你有十足活力 | 
| [03:02] | You’ve got spunk. | 你会恢复的,你有十足活力 | 
| [03:03] | I’m going to kill you with my shoe! | 我要用鞋子打死你 ��蒂… | 
| [03:05] | Mandy, mandy. | 我要用鞋子打死你 ��蒂… | 
| [03:11] | It wasn’t going to happen. | 那事搞不成的 | 
| [03:13] | You know what the worst part about this is? | 你知道最糟的一点是什么吗? | 
| [03:16] | Well, I think you dinged up your suspension pretty good. | 不知道,你很会吊人胃口 | 
| [03:19] | No, lloyd. | 不,他们现在正在西厢 | 
| [03:21] | It’s the party they’re having right now In the west wing at my expense. | 开派对嘲笑我 | 
| [03:24] | They’re not having a party at the west wing. | 他们现在不会在西厢开派对 | 
| [03:26] | I’ve worked with these people for 2 1/2 years. | 我跟这些人合作过两年半 | 
| [03:28] | They like to win, and then they like to gloat. | 他们喜欢打胜仗 然后再幸灾乐祸一番 | 
| [03:31] | I’m sure you’re wrong. | 我确信你弄错了 | 
| [03:32] | I’m sure I’m not. | 我确信我没弄错 | 
| [03:33] | There are very serious men and women | 白宫那帮男女都是认真严肃的 | 
| [03:34] | At the white house. | 今早才谈妥结盟 | 
| [03:35] | A blow was struck for party unity this morning. There’s no cause to gloat. | 没有什么好幸灾乐祸的 | 
| [03:43] | Victory is mine, victory is mine. | 我大获全胜…各位 | 
| [03:45] | Great day in the morning, people, victory is mine. | 今早太棒了,我大获全胜 | 
| [03:48] | Morning, josh. | 早,乔西 | 
| [03:49] | I drink from the keg of glory, donna. | 早,乔西 | 
| [03:51] | Bring me the finest muffins and bagels in all the land. | 唐娜,我要来个庆功宴 给我拿最好的松饼和培果来 | 
| [03:54] | It’s going to be an unbearable day. | 今天会很难捱了 罗伯洛 茉拉凯利 艾莉森詹尼 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 白宫风云 | 
| [04:46] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 他们拒绝了 | 
| [04:47] | They refused. | 他们是怎么拒绝的? 他们就是拒绝邀请 | 
| [04:48] | How did they refuse? | 他们是怎么拒绝的? | 
| [04:48] | They declined the invitation. | 他们就是拒绝邀请 | 
| [04:50] | How does someone decline an invitation | 怎么会有人拒绝跟总统拍照 | 
| [04:52] | For a photo op with the president? I’m saying, this is the kind of luck we’re having. | 我就说是我们在走霉运 | 
| [04:55] | Because of the joke? | 就因为那个笑话? | 
| [04:56] | Because of the joke. | 就因为那个笑话 | 
| [04:58] | Who’s that? | 早 早 那是谁? 管他的,我们需要某个人 | 
| [04:59] | Who cares? We need somebody. | 那是谁? 管他的,我们需要某个人 | 
| [05:00] | You try getting his attention on this. | 你试着叫他注意这件事 | 
| [05:02] | Mrs. Landingham, does the president have | 蓝丁汉太太,总统今天有空吗 | 
| [05:04] | Free time this morning? | |
| [05:05] | He has nothing but free time, toby. | 托比,总统多的是时间 | 
| [05:07] | Right now he’s in the residence | 他正在家里吃麦片 | 
| [05:09] | Eating cheerios and enjoying regis and kathie lee. | 看晨间脱口秀 | 
| [05:11] | Shall I get him for you? | 要我替你找他吗 | 
| [05:12] | Sarcasm’s a disturbing thing | 你这种年纪的女人 | 
| [05:13] | Coming from a woman of your age. | 这样嘲讽人实在令人不安 | 
| [05:15] | What age would that be, toby? | 你说哪一种年纪? | 
| [05:17] | Late 20s. | 二十啷铛 | 
| [05:18] | Attaboy. | 贫嘴的小毛头 我可以吃块饼干吗? 不行 | 
| [05:19] | Have a cookie? | 我可以吃块饼干吗? 不行 | 
| [05:20] | No. | 托比,他们拒绝我们的请求? | 
| [05:22] | Toby, they turned down our request? | 茜洁正在想办法 | 
| [05:24] | Good morning, sam. | 早安,山姆 早 | 
| [05:24] | Good morning. | 吃块饼干吧,山姆 谢谢 | 
| [05:25] | Have a cookie, sam. | 吃块饼干吧,山姆 | 
| [05:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [05:27] | They’re issuing | 他们正在发布新闻稿 | 
| [05:28] | A press release. We’ll be playing defense all day. | 我们得整天忙着辩解 | 
| [05:31] | Is this really because of the joke? | 真是因那个笑话引起的? | 
| [05:32] | It’s because of the joke. | 正是因为那个笑话 | 
| [05:33] | Someone give me a river to forge | 我要征服江山,我要斩妖除魔 | 
| [05:34] | A serpent to slay. | |
| [05:35] | He’s been drinking from the keg of glory. | 他有什么毛病? | 
| [05:38] | We’re to bring him all the muffins and bagels in the land. | 他在庆功,要我们给他拿 最好的松饼和培果 | 
| [05:40] | We heard. Good job. | 我们听说了 干得好 | 
| [05:42] | They turned down the invitation? | 多谢,他们拒绝了邀请? | 
| [05:43] | They declined. | 他们拒绝了 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 | 
| [05:44] | What does that mean? | 他们拒绝了 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 那是什么意思? 就是说他们拒绝了邀请 | 
| [05:45] | It means they turned down the invitation. | 那是什么意思? 就是说他们拒绝了邀请 | 
| [05:47] | Because of the joke? | 就因为那个笑话? 当然是因为那玩笑… | 
| [05:47] | Of course, because of the joke. | 就因为那个笑话? 当然是因为那玩笑… | 
| [05:48] | Why does everyone keep asking? | 为什么每个人都这么问我 好像会有别的原因似的 | 
| [05:51] | That’s no good. | 七年,三百二十亿元贸易逆差 那样不行 | 
| [05:52] | Jaworski knows that’s no good. | 那样不行 贾瓦斯基知道那样不行 制片:李维林威尔斯 | 
| [05:54] | Mostly he’s going to say | 他可能会说 | 
| [05:55] | That the japanese need to buy more american cars. | 日本人需要多买美国车 | 
| [05:57] | Americans need to buy more american cars. | 美国人是需要多买美国车 | 
| [05:59] | What I told jaworski. | 我就是这么告诉贾瓦斯基的 编剧:艾伦索金 | 
| [06:00] | Morning, everyone. | 大家早 早,先生 | 
| [06:01] | All: Morning. What do you got? | 大家早 早,先生 你们有什么事 导演:汤玛斯史兰姆 | 
| [06:03] | 443 is going to stay in committee… | 你们有什么事 导演:汤玛斯史兰姆 四四三法案会搁置在委员会 | 
| [06:04] | I heard. | 我听说了 还有什么事 | 
| [06:05] | The ryder cup team declined our invitation | 我听说了 还有什么事 | 
| [06:08] | To the white house. | 莱德杯高球选手拒绝我们邀请 不来白宫 | 
| [06:09] | You’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑 就因为那个笑话 | 
| [06:10] | You’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑 我不是 | 
| [06:11] | I’m not. | 莱德杯高球选手? 是一群最优秀的高球选手 | 
| [06:12] | The ryder cup team? | 莱德杯高球选手? | 
| [06:13] | It’s a group Of the best golfers in the… | 是一群最优秀的高球选手 | 
| [06:15] | I know what the ryder cup team is. | 我知道什么是莱德杯高球选手 谢谢,蓝丁汉太太 | 
| [06:18] | Sir, this may be a good time | 先生,也许这是讨论 | 
| [06:20] | To talk about your sense of humor. | 你的幽默感的最好时机 | 
| [06:22] | I’ve got an intelligence briefing | 我有个情治简报、安全简报 | 
| [06:24] | A security briefing | |
| [06:25] | And a 90-minute budget meeting | 还有个九十分钟的预算会议 | 
| [06:26] | All scheduled for the same 45 minutes. | 全排在这四十五分钟内 | 
| [06:28] | You sure this is a good time to talk | 你确定这是讨论 | 
| [06:29] | About my sense of humor? No. | 我的幽默感的好时机? | 
| [06:30] | Me, neither. Leo: What else? | 不 我也不认为 | 
| [06:32] | It’s just that it’s not the first time it’s happened. | 还有什么事 只是这种事不是第一次 | 
| [06:34] | I know. She’s talking about texas, sir. | 我知道 她是在指德州的事 | 
| [06:36] | usa today asks you why you don’t spend | 我知道 | 
| [06:38] | More time campaigning in texas. | 『美国今日报』问你为什么 不多花点时间在德州造势 | 
| [06:40] | You say ’cause you don’t look good | 你说因为你戴那可笑的帽子 不好看 | 
| [06:41] | “Big hats.” In funny hats. | 我是说『大帽子』 | 
| [06:42] | What difference does it make? | 我是说『大帽子』 | 
| [06:44] | It makes a difference. | 那又有什么差别 是有差别 | 
| [06:45] | The point is we got whomped in texas. | 重点是我们在德州惨败 | 
| [06:47] | We got whomped in texas twice. | 我们在德州惨败两次 | 
| [06:49] | We got whomped in the primary and we got | 我们在初选时惨败 | 
| [06:50] | Whomped in november. | 又在十一月惨败 | 
| [06:51] | I think I was there. | 我想我知道 | 
| [06:52] | And it was avoidable, sir. | 这是可以避免的 | 
| [06:54] | C.j., on your tombstone, it’s going to read | 茜洁,你的墓碑上会写着: | 
| [06:56] | “Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.” | |
| [06:58] | Okay, but none of my visitors | 好,可是到我坟前扫墓的人 | 
| [07:00] | Will be able to understand my tombstone. 27 lawyers in the room. | 没一个看得懂 | 
| [07:03] | Anybody know “Post hoc, ergo propter hoc”? | 这房间里有二十七个律师 谁懂这句拉丁文?乔西 | 
| [07:06] | Josh? | POST是『以后』 ERGO是『所以』 | 
| [07:07] | Uh, uh, “Post”– “After.” | POST是『以后』 | 
| [07:09] | “After hoc…” “Ergo”– “Therefore…” | ERGO是『所以』 | 
| [07:11] | “After hoc, therefore” | HOC以后,所以什么HOC | 
| [07:12] | Something else “Hoc.” | |
| [07:13] | Thank you. Next. | 谢谢,下一位 | 
| [07:14] | If I’d gotten more credit on… | 我在四四三法案的光环 这下失色了 | 
| [07:15] | Leo. | 里奥 | 
| [07:16] | “After it, therefore because of it.” | 里奥 发生其后,故因其所致 | 
| [07:18] | “After it, therefore because of it.” It means | 发生其后,故因其所致 | 
| [07:20] | One thing follows the other | 表示事情相继发生 | 
| [07:21] | Therefore it was caused by the other | 所以后事是前事之果 | 
| [07:23] | But it’s not always true. | 但这不一定是事实 | 
| [07:25] | In fact, it’s hardly ever true. | 事实上根本不是事实 | 
| [07:26] | We did not lose texas | 我们不是因为 | 
| [07:28] | Because of the hat joke. | 帽子的笑话失掉德州 | 
| [07:30] | Do you know when we lost texas? | 知道我们什么时候失掉德州吗 | 
| [07:32] | When you learned to speak latin? | 在你学拉丁文的时候? | 
| [07:35] | Go figure. | 去好好想一想 | 
| [07:36] | What else? | 还有什么事 | 
| [07:37] | Captain tolliver, can I get you a cup of coffee? | 杜立上校 要我替你拿杯咖啡来吗 | 
| [07:40] | No. I’m fine, nancy. Thank you. | 不,我很好,谢了 | 
| [07:41] | Morris, good to see you. | 莫里斯,很高兴见到你 | 
| [07:42] | Good morning, mrs. Landingham. | 早,蓝丁汉太太 | 
| [07:44] | He’s a little backed up this morning. | 他今早行程落后了 | 
| [07:45] | Yeah, I can see that. | 对,我看得出来 | 
| [07:47] | Leo: Sam, when are you writing the hilton head draft? | 山姆,你什么时候要写 希赫法案的草稿? | 
| [07:48] | I’m closing my door from noon to 3:00. | 我中午到下午三点会闭门努力 | 
| [07:50] | Let me see it at 3:00. | 三点时给我看看 好 | 
| [07:51] | Yeah. Morris. | 莫里斯 早 | 
| [07:52] | Good morning. | 莫里斯 早 史坦,我一下就好 陪我走一下好吗? | 
| [07:53] | Stan, I’ll be just a second. | 史坦,我一下就好 | 
| [07:54] | Take a walk with me, will you? | 陪我走一下好吗? | 
| [07:55] | Sure. You look well. | 好的,你看来很好呀 | 
| [07:57] | I’m feeling pretty good. | 我觉得很好,婴儿好吗 | 
| [07:59] | How’s the baby? | |
| [08:00] | Ten days old today. | 今天就第十天了 | 
| [08:01] | You got a picture? | 你有照片吗? 我不知道,想不到还真的有 | 
| [08:02] | Well, I don’t know. Let me see. | 我不知道,想不到还真的有 | 
| [08:03] | Well, what do you know? | |
| [08:06] | She’s a knockout. | 她好可爱哦 | 
| [08:07] | Both of them. | 两个都很可爱 | 
| [08:09] | I’m sorry. I’ve forgotten your wife’s name. | 抱歉,我忘了你太太叫什么 | 
| [08:10] | Angela. | 安琪 那女孩呢 | 
| [08:11] | And the girl? | 安琪 那女孩呢 可丽 里奥 | 
| [08:12] | Corey. | 可丽 里奥 | 
| [08:13] | Leo, did you tell the counsel’s office | 你有告诉顾问室说 | 
| [08:15] | That they would be in on the ten o’clock? | 他们十点可以进来吗? | 
| [08:16] | I may have. | 也许有 | 
| [08:18] | That’s really something that you want to tell me. | 这种事你应该要告诉我 | 
| [08:20] | Here, it’s a baby and a new mother. | 这是婴儿跟新妈妈的照片 | 
| [08:21] | Look at that for a minute. | 你看一下 | 
| [08:22] | Oh… Listen, quickly. | 我知道你只是来暂代 | 
| [08:24] | I know you were just supposed to be filling in Till terry wyatt came back | 直到泰利怀特回来 | 
| [08:27] | But the president likes you | 可是总统喜欢你 | 
| [08:28] | And he’d like to keep you on If you don’t have any objection. | 如果你不反对,他想让你留下 | 
| [08:31] | I don’t have any objections. | 我不反对 很好 | 
| [08:32] | I’ll have to be covered next week. | 可是下周得找人代我的班 | 
| [08:34] | I’m leaving the country in a few hours. | 我几小时后就要出国 | 
| [08:35] | Where you going? Jordan. | 你要去哪里? 约旦 | 
| [08:36] | For how long? | 去多久? | 
| [08:38] | Just a week. Then you’ll start | 只是一星期 | 
| [08:39] | The week after. Leo. | 你回来的第二礼拜开始上班 | 
| [08:41] | Yeah. | 里奥 什么? | 
| [08:41] | I’m comparatively low ranked. | 我的阶级比较低 | 
| [08:43] | He likes you, morris. | 他喜欢你 | 
| [08:44] | He feels better after talking to you. | 他跟你谈过后心情好很多 | 
| [08:46] | There have been days you’ve lightened the load a little. | 我想在有些日子 你的确帮他减轻些重担 | 
| [08:48] | It’s an awful big load. | 那个担子很重,我只是个上校 | 
| [08:49] | I’m just a captain… | 那个担子很重,我只是个上校 | 
| [08:51] | He likes you, morris. | 他喜欢你,莫里斯 | 
| [08:52] | I got to get back in the oval. | 我得回椭圆形办公室了 | 
| [08:53] | Give him his picture. | 把他的照片还给他 | 
| [09:14] | Hey. | |
| [09:15] | Hey. | 八十八B法案解决了 马修想知道我们知道些什么 | 
| [09:16] | 88-b is straightened out and chris matthews | 八十八B法案解决了 | 
| [09:17] | Wants to know what we know. | 马修想知道我们知道些什么 | 
| [09:18] | Well, I have some news. | 我有些消息 好消息吗? | 
| [09:19] | Good news? | 我有些消息 好消息吗? | 
| [09:20] | Well, there’s a way to see it as bad news | 某方面看来是坏消息 | 
| [09:21] | But I think it’s good news. | 可是我认为是好消息 | 
| [09:23] | So what is it? | 什么消息? | 
| [09:24] | Lloyd russell is no longer our client. | 罗伊罗素不再是我们的客户了 | 
| [09:26] | Really? Yes. | 真的吗? 对 | 
| [09:28] | Lloyd russell is our only client. | 真的吗? 对 | 
| [09:29] | was. | 罗伊罗素是我们唯一客户 以前是 | 
| [09:31] | What happened? This is a total disaster. | 出了什么事?这可是个大灾难 | 
| [09:33] | Look, if that’s the spin you’re going to put on it… | 如果你抱着这种偏见… | 
| [09:35] | Mandy… He wants to work with the president on 443. | ��蒂 四四三法案他要跟总统合作 | 
| [09:37] | He’s not going to run. No. | 他不竞选吗? 不了 | 
| [09:39] | You lost our only client? | 你丢掉我们唯一的客户 | 
| [09:40] | I like to think of us as a team, daisy. | 黛茜,我俩是生命共同体 | 
| [09:42] | I quit my job. So did i. | 我辞掉我的工作 我也是 | 
| [09:43] | After having put about | 我辞掉我的工作 我也是 | 
| [09:44] | A half a million dollars in the bank. | 你银行还先存了五十万元 | 
| [09:46] | I saved wisely. | 我善于储蓄 | 
| [09:47] | How you going to pay me? | 你要怎么付我的薪水? | 
| [09:48] | Can I just say that it’s so typically you | 你这人就是这样 | 
| [09:50] | To leap to that question at a time like this? | 老是在节骨眼上问这种问题 | 
| [09:51] | It’s not typically me, mandy. | 不只是我会问 | 
| [09:53] | It’s typically my landlord. It’s typically college loans. | 我的房东、我的助学贷款 | 
| [09:55] | It’s typically the guy who’s going to sell me | 就连下周卖我牛奶的人 | 
| [09:56] | A carton of milk next week. | 也会问我要钱 | 
| [09:58] | You are not the only one with expenses, daisy. | 黛茜,不只是你有开销 | 
| [10:00] | I’ve got credit cards and I’ve got condo payments | 我有信用卡,也有房贷要付 | 
| [10:02] | Plus I think I may have dinged up the suspension on my b.m.w. | 宝马车的避震器也碰坏了 | 
| [10:05] | What are we going to do? | 我们要怎么办 | 
| [10:06] | I’m formulating a plan. | 我正在想办法 | 
| [10:09] | Josh. | |
| [10:10] | What do you need? | 乔西 你有什么事 | 
| [10:11] | You owe me $100. | 你欠我一百元 为什么 | 
| [10:12] | For what? | 你欠我一百元 为什么 | 
| [10:13] | I entered you in a college football pool. | 我替你下注赌大学足球 | 
| [10:15] | Without telling me? | 你却没事先告诉我? | 
| [10:15] | Well, it was kind of a surprise. | 本来要给你个惊喜 | 
| [10:17] | How did I do? You lost $100. | 我的战果如何? | 
| [10:19] | On who? | 你输掉一百元 是赌谁? | 
| [10:20] | On central indiana state. | 中印州立大学 | 
| [10:21] | What was the line? | 赔率是多少? | 
| [10:22] | It wasn’t really that kind of a pool. | 不是那种赌局 | 
| [10:23] | What kind of a pool was it? | 到底是哪种赌局? | 
| [10:24] | You just pick the winner. | 只赌哪一队赢 | 
| [10:25] | And you picked central indiana state? | 而你挑中印州立大学? | 
| [10:27] | The fighting okies. | 奋战农工队 他们的对手是哪一队? | 
| [10:28] | Who were they playing? | 奋战农工队 他们的对手是哪一队? | 
| [10:29] | Notre dame. | 圣母大学 | 
| [10:30] | You picked central indiana state against notre dame? | 你赌中印州立大学 打赢圣母大学? | 
| [10:33] | Technically, you did. | 就技术上而言是你赌的 | 
| [10:36] | Toby! | 托比 | 
| [10:36] | Yes. | 托比 | 
| [10:37] | We need to do something. | 我们得想办法 | 
| [10:38] | Ryder cup team. | 我们得想办法 莱德杯高球选手 | 
| [10:39] | The ryder cup is just the latest in a string. | 莱德杯高球选手只是 最近一连串事件之一 | 
| [10:41] | Yes. | 没错 银行委员会 | 
| [10:42] | The banking committee. | 没错 银行委员会 | 
| [10:43] | New jersey, g-8. | 纽泽西,八大工业国 骑单车撞树 | 
| [10:43] | The bicycle under the tree. | 纽泽西,八大工业国 骑单车撞树 | 
| [10:45] | Yes, though I’m not sure what our new media director | 对,可是我不知道 | 
| [10:47] | Would have done about that. | 新的媒体主任能做什么 | 
| [10:48] | Me, neither, but we need a new media director. | 我也不知道 可是我们需要一个新媒体主任 | 
| [10:50] | I’ve been on talent shows with more polish | 我办过的才艺秀 | 
| [10:52] | Than some of the events around here. | 都比这里的某些活动高明 | 
| [10:54] | You put on talent shows? | 你办过才艺秀? 那是我小时候的事,听着 | 
| [10:55] | When I was a kid. | 我在听 我们需要一起去说服他 | 
| [10:56] | We need to double-team him. | 我在听 我们需要一起去说服他 | 
| [10:57] | I think we bring sam and C.J., too. | 我们也得找山姆跟茜洁去 | 
| [10:59] | We need to gang up on him. Yes. | 我们需要整个团队去说服他 | 
| [11:00] | We do it as a gang. See you later. | 对 我们大伙一起对他施压 | 
| [11:02] | It’s not going to be mandy, right? Nope. | 待会见 不会找��蒂对吧 不会 | 
| [11:05] | Anyone but mandy. | 任何人都行,就是别找��蒂 | 
| [11:06] | “Post hoc, ergo propter hoc”? | 发生其后,故因其所致 | 
| [11:08] | I’ll bet that used to have them rolling in the aisles | 我相信威分浦晚宴上的人 | 
| [11:11] | At the whiffinpoof dinners. | 以前都流行这句话 | 
| [11:12] | Fly in the teeth of it. | 出险招吧 你认为这样行吗? | 
| [11:13] | You think? Be funny. | 出险招吧 你认为这样行吗? | 
| [11:14] | You’re at your best with a pie in your face. | 耍幽默 脸上被砸派饼的人最逗笑 | 
| [11:15] | I’ve been told that. | 有人这么告诉过我 | 
| [11:16] | In fact, I’d hold back. | 有人这么告诉过我 | 
| [11:17] | Keep it in your back pocket. | 事实上,我会留一手 最后关头才使出来 | 
| [11:18] | If you don’t like the rhythm | 珍妮 | 
| [11:19] | Of the “Q” And “A,” Use the ryder cup. | 如果你不喜欢 莱德杯事件的问答气氛 | 
| [11:21] | Yeah. Just fly in the teeth with it. | 你就出险招吧 | 
| [11:24] | Folks, please | 好 各位请坐好,请坐好 | 
| [11:25] | Take your seats. | 我们现在就开始简报 | 
| [11:26] | We’re going to start the briefing. | 我们现在就开始简报 | 
| [11:28] | Take your seat. Please, take your seat, folks. | 各位请坐好 | 
| [11:37] | Good morning. | 早 | 
| [11:38] | We’ve got a birthday today, right? | 今天有人生日对吧?苏珊 | 
| [11:40] | Suzanne? | |
| [11:41] | Bobby. | 是鲍伯 鲍伯的生日 | 
| [11:42] | It’s bobby’s birthday. | 是鲍伯 鲍伯的生日 | 
| [11:43] | Yes, it is. | 没错 | 
| [11:45] | C.j., uh, a short while ago, the vice president commented | 茜洁,不久之前 | 
| [11:48] | On the white house position | 副总统评论 | 
| [11:49] | On the a3-c3, saying | 总统对A3C3法案的立场说 | 
| [11:51] | And I’m quoting from notes, “This is a time | 以下引述他的话 | 
| [11:54] | When the president needs our support.” | 这个时候 总统很需要我们的支持 | 
| [11:55] | Can you clarify the language? | 你能澄清这种讲法吗? | 
| [11:58] | No, I can’t, mike. | 我办不到 | 
| [11:59] | I haven’t spoken with the vice president today. | 我今天还没跟副总统讲过话 | 
| [12:01] | The language seems strained | 言词之间似乎有点勉强 | 
| [12:03] | Doesn’t it? | |
| [12:05] | Strange? | 你说奇怪? | 
| [12:06] | strained. | 勉强,『这个时候 | 
| [12:08] | “This is a time when the president needs our support.” | 总统很需要我们的支持』 | 
| [12:10] | It sounds pretty straightforward. | 这句话很直截了当 | 
| [12:11] | I’ll tell you what, though | |
| [12:13] | If you’ll consult the morning releases | 但是我告诉你 如果你看今早的新闻稿 | 
| [12:15] | You’ll see that in the world of sports, the white house | 你会看到在运动界 | 
| [12:16] | Just got dissed by 12 guys named flippy. ( laughter ) | 有十二个高手给了白宫难堪 | 
| [12:22] | Who’s got questions? | 谁有问题? | 
| [12:24] | Joan? | 是跟那个笑话有关吗? | 
| [12:32] | I have to say that it came as a bit of a surprise | 总统打算道歉吗? | 
| [12:34] | To discover that professional golfers | 在看过职业高球手 所穿的某些行头之后 | 
| [12:35] | Don’t have a sense of humor | 我实在有点讶异 | 
| [12:37] | Especially after seeing them in some of the outfits. Hey. | 他们竟然毫无幽默感 | 
| [12:41] | Hey. | 什么事? | 
| [12:42] | What’s up? | 什么事? 茜洁刚发现何因斯在回答 有关A3C3法案的问题时说 | 
| [12:43] | C.j.’s just discovered that hoynes | 茜洁刚发现何因斯在回答 | 
| [12:44] | In responding to a question about a-3 | 有关A3C3法案的问题时说 | 
| [12:47] | Said, “This is a time when the president needs our support.” | 这个时候 总统很需要我们的支持 | 
| [12:49] | It’s the third one in five weeks. | 这是五周来的第三次了 | 
| [12:52] | So she moved on to the ryder cup. | 所以她就转到莱德杯事件? | 
| [12:53] | Wouldn’t you? | 你难道不会吗? | 
| [12:54] | Yeah. | 会,别让茜洁 | 
| [12:55] | Listen, make sure C.J. Keeps this off leo’s desk. | 把这事报到里奥那里去 | 
| [12:57] | I think it goes right on leo’s desk. | 我想这得直接向里奥报告 | 
| [12:59] | A vague quote from hoynes will disappear | 何因斯隐晦的言论 | 
| [13:00] | By the end of the next news cycle. | 在另一项新闻出来时就会消失 | 
| [13:02] | A fistfight between leo and the vice president’s got juice. | 里奥跟副总统的正面冲突 才会闹得满城风雨 | 
| [13:04] | Fair point. | 有道理 | 
| [13:06] | Talk to C.J. | 跟茜洁谈一下 | 
| [13:07] | Yeah, I will. | 好,我会的 | 
| [13:14] | Do you need me? | 你要找我吗? | 
| [13:15] | I’m sorry? | 你要找我吗? | 
| [13:16] | Didn’t you come to see me? | 什么? 你不是来找我吗 | 
| [13:18] | I was just stretching my legs. | 噢,我只是随便走动一下 | 
| [13:19] | Oh. | |
| [13:20] | I’m supposed to be working | 我现在应该要准备 | 
| [13:21] | On the hilton head draft, and I am | 希赫法案的草稿 | 
| [13:23] | But I’m stretching my legs. | 我只是随便走动一下 | 
| [13:24] | Okay. | 好 | 
| [13:26] | Last week, I was out for a late drink | 上礼拜有天晚上我出去喝酒时 | 
| [13:28] | And I met this woman named laurie | 碰见一个叫洛丽的女人 | 
| [13:30] | And laurie and I hit it off | 洛丽跟我很来电 | 
| [13:31] | And we spent the evening together back at her place | 于是就回她的公寓共度春宵 | 
| [13:33] | And the next day, I discovered she was a call girl. | 第二天我才发现 她是个应召女郎 | 
| [13:38] | Sam… | 山姆? 什么? | 
| [13:39] | Yeah? | 你至少得关上门吧 好 | 
| [13:40] | You want to close the door? | 你至少得关上门吧 | 
| [13:42] | Yeah. | 好 | 
| [13:46] | You slept with a call girl? Well, no, i… | 你跟个应召女郎上床? | 
| [13:50] | Well, yes. Yes, I did. | 不,我…是,我是的 | 
| [13:52] | She know who you are? | 她知道你是谁吗? | 
| [13:53] | No, I didn’t reveal my secret identity, josh. | 不,我没暴露我的秘密身分 | 
| [13:55] | I’m asking some questions. | 兄弟,我在问你问题 | 
| [13:57] | Yeah, she knows I work for the president. | 对,她知道我替总统工作 | 
| [13:58] | No. You don’t think… Let me finish. | 你不认为她… 不 | 
| [14:00] | No, she wouldn’t say anything. | 让我说完话… 我是说,她不会说什么 | 
| [14:02] | How do you know? How do you know? | 你怎么知道? 我知道 | 
| [14:03] | I know, I know. | 你怎么知道? 我就是知道 | 
| [14:05] | You want to call her again, don’t you? | 你还想打电话给她是吗? 我真的很喜欢她 | 
| [14:06] | I like her and she’s not what you think. | 她不是你想像的那种人 | 
| [14:08] | The only thing I know about her is she’s a call girl. | 我只知道一点 | 
| [14:10] | Is she a call girl? | 她是个应召女郎,对不对? | 
| [14:12] | Yes. She’s exactly what I think. | 对 那么她正是我想像那种人 | 
| [14:14] | I left abruptly. I think it was rude. | 我只是想我很突兀地离开她 非常无礼 | 
| [14:16] | You’re going to try and reform her, aren’t you? | 你想要去感化她是吗? | 
| [14:18] | No, I just want to say a proper good-bye that, you know | 没有 你有 我只要适当地道别 表示一点尊重 | 
| [14:20] | Shows a little respect. Sam… | 山姆 | 
| [14:22] | You know, you’d like her | 如果你见到她,你也会喜欢她 | 
| [14:22] | If you met her, josh. | 如果你见到她,你也会喜欢她 | 
| [14:24] | Promise me that’ll never happen. | 答应我,这种事不会再发生 | 
| [14:25] | ( knocking ) | |
| [14:26] | Yes? | 什么事? 你再五分钟跟能源部长开会 | 
| [14:28] | You’re with the energy secretary in five minutes. | 你再五分钟跟能源部长开会 | 
| [14:29] | What’s going on? | 谢谢 什么事? | 
| [14:31] | Nothing. | 没事 真的吗? | 
| [14:32] | Really? Yes. | 没事 真的吗? 真的? 你在撒谎? | 
| [14:33] | You lying? Yes. | 真的? 你在撒谎? 对 所以我该出去? | 
| [14:34] | So I should get out? | 对 所以我该出去? 对 | 
| [14:35] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [14:38] | Look, whatever quest… | 不管是猎艳… 那不是猎艳 | 
| [14:40] | It’s not a quest. Whatever! | 随便啦,你这样是在玩火 | 
| [14:41] | You’re playing with fire here. Talk to toby before you do anything. | 做任何事之前,先找托比谈 | 
| [14:44] | There’s no way that I can do this | 真的吗? 对 我没跟托比谈 就什么也不能做吗? | 
| [14:45] | Without talking to toby. | 对 | 
| [14:47] | No. | 对 | 
| [14:47] | Ooh! Ooh! Hang on– C.J.! | 哇,茜洁 | 
| [14:49] | Just talk to toby. | 去跟托比谈,只能跟托比说 | 
| [14:51] | just toby. | |
| [14:53] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 | 
| [14:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢,茜洁 | 
| [14:55] | C.j…. | 我要杀了他,乔西 我一定会找他谈 | 
| [14:56] | I’m going to kill him. | 我要杀了他,乔西 | 
| [14:57] | I would definitely talk to him. | 我一定会找他谈 | 
| [14:58] | I’ll talk to him. | 我会找他谈 | 
| [14:59] | I want you to stay on the perimeter. | 我要你别把事情闹大 | 
| [15:01] | I’ve stayed on the perimeter. | 我没把事情闹大 | 
| [15:02] | I don’t want it | 我不要这件事报到里奥那里 | 
| [15:03] | On leo’s desk. | |
| [15:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [15:07] | ( screams ) | |
| [15:08] | Hoynes: …c’est un vrai plasir et un honneur | “法语” | 
| [15:11] | d’etre votre hote aujourd’hui. | |
| [15:13] | que vous surviviez cette chaleure du fin de septembre | |
| [15:17] | et que ce jour soit le jour | |
| [15:20] | ou on construit pour le future. | |
| [15:23] | absolument. | |
| [15:24] | tres bien dit. | |
| [15:26] | excellent. | 好极了 | 
| [15:27] | Hey, stevie. | 嘿,史提 | 
| [15:28] | Hey, C.J. | 嘿,史提 嘿,茜洁 他有空吗? | 
| [15:29] | Does he have a minute? | 我们正要去纽约 | 
| [15:30] | We’re leaving for new york. | 我们正要去纽约 我只要一分钟就好 | 
| [15:31] | It’ll just be a minute. | 我只要一分钟就好 我会看着我的表 | 
| [15:32] | I’m looking at my watch. | 我会看着我的表 | 
| [15:34] | au revoir. | 再见,谢谢,祝各位好运 | 
| [15:35] | Thank you. Good luck, everyone. | 再见,谢谢,祝各位好运 | 
| [15:37] | Excuse me, mr. Vice president. C.J. | 对不起,副总统 茜洁 | 
| [15:39] | Sir, I wanted to talk to you for a moment about a3-c3. | 我要跟你谈一下A3C3法案 好 | 
| [15:41] | Yes. I wanted to apologize. | 我要向你道歉 这里事情发生得很快 | 
| [15:42] | Things happen quickly here | 我要向你道歉 这里事情发生得很快 | 
| [15:44] | And in getting everyone on the same page | 有时候要一、两天 | 
| [15:46] | Sometimes people get left behind for a day or two… | 大家才能得知最新发展 | 
| [15:48] | Candy, the most he was talking about in terms of the subsidy | 肯蒂 | 
| [15:50] | Was $6.00 an acre. We’re fixing it. | 他所谈的津帖最多是一亩六元 | 
| [15:52] | I was saying that had we properly briefed your office… | 我们正在补救 什么 如果我们有给你的办公室 适当简报的话… | 
| [15:54] | Bill, it was $6.00 an acre, candy said. | 比尔,一亩六元,肯蒂说… 知道了 | 
| [15:56] | Bill: Got it. Sir? | 谢谢 先生 | 
| [15:57] | C.j., it was nice of you to come find me | 茜洁,谢谢你来找我 | 
| [15:58] | But I’ve been kept in the loop on a.c. Cubed. | 但我知道A3C3法案的事 | 
| [16:00] | The quote the room is running with is | 有人引述说这里流传说: | 
| [16:02] | “This is a time when the president needs our support.” | “这个时候 总统很需要我们的支持” | 
| [16:04] | Yes. Well, you can see how that might be interpreted… | 对 你应该知道这会被诠释为… | 
| [16:05] | C.j., I’ve got my own press secretary. | 茜洁 是,先生 我有自己的新闻秘书 是,先生 | 
| [16:09] | Yes, sir. Sir… | 先生 | 
| [16:10] | Got to run. | 该走了 | 
| [16:12] | Yes, sir. | 是,先生 | 
| [16:18] | What’s in jordan? | 约旦有什么 | 
| [16:19] | Amman. | 安曼(音近似男人) | 
| [16:20] | You should stay here. | 你该留在这里,我们有 | 
| [16:22] | We got amman, a woman, little kids, the works. | 男人、女人、小孩和工作 | 
| [16:24] | 131 over 84. | 血压131/84 | 
| [16:26] | See, that was a joke. | 我刚才是说笑话 | 
| [16:27] | Good one. | 很好的笑话 | 
| [16:29] | Everybody’s a critic today. | 这年头大家都成了评论家 | 
| [16:30] | Hold still. | 别动 | 
| [16:31] | So what’s in amman? | 那么安曼有什么? | 
| [16:32] | A teaching hospital. | 有家教学医院 | 
| [16:33] | Good for you. | 不错嘛 | 
| [16:35] | How long you going to stay? | 你要待多久? 一星期 | 
| [16:36] | A week. | 你要待多久? 一星期 | 
| [16:37] | When do you leave? | 你什么时候走? 两小时后 | 
| [16:38] | Two hours. | 我的体温多少? 五十六度 | 
| [16:39] | What’s my temperature? | 我的体温多少? | 
| [16:40] | 56 degrees. | 五十六度 | 
| [16:41] | Fahrenheit? | 华氏吗? | 
| [16:42] | Yeah, is that not normal? | 对,那样不正常吗? | 
| [16:44] | ( chuckling ): So how’s the kid? | 那孩子好吗 | 
| [16:45] | Ten days old today. | 今天满十天了 | 
| [16:47] | Can she spell anything yet? | 她能够拼字吗? | 
| [16:49] | No, sir. | 不会 | 
| [16:50] | Got any pictures? | 你有照片吗 | 
| [16:51] | Thought you’d never ask. | 你总算开口了 | 
| [16:53] | Sir, they just touched down at andrews. | 先生,他们刚到达 安德鲁空军基地 | 
| [16:55] | Thank you, nancy. | 谢谢,南茜 | 
| [16:57] | Oh, she’s beautiful. | 她真漂亮,她叫什么 | 
| [16:58] | What’s her name? | 她真漂亮,她叫什么 | 
| [16:59] | Angela’s my wife. Corey is our daughter. | 我太太叫安琪,我女儿叫可丽 | 
| [17:01] | It was my grandmother’s name. | 那是我奶奶的名字 | 
| [17:03] | She got it from her great aunt | 她是跟着她姑婆命名的 | 
| [17:04] | Who got it from the first free woman she ever met. | 而她姑婆的名字是取自 她遇见的第一位自由女性 | 
| [17:07] | That name’s got a hell of a past. | 那名字很有历史意义嘛 | 
| [17:09] | My family is very proud of its past, as you can tell. | 你看得出来 我家人很以我们的过去为荣 | 
| [17:11] | Wife’s beautiful, too. | 你太太也很漂亮 | 
| [17:12] | How’d you get her to marry you? | 你怎么让她嫁你的? | 
| [17:14] | Did you trick her or something? | 你把她哄骗到手的吗? | 
| [17:15] | Hypnosis. | 用催眠术 | 
| [17:16] | Yeah, I figured. | 难怪 | 
| [17:18] | Morris, I made a joke about golfers yesterday | 我昨天说了个 关于高球选手的笑话 | 
| [17:21] | And now it consumes the whole damn building. | 现在整栋大楼的人都急坏了 | 
| [17:23] | Open your mouth, sir. | 张开嘴巴,先生 | 
| [17:26] | Jokes like that are part | 笑话是我草根性魅力的一部分 | 
| [17:27] | Of my folksy charm, morris. It’s at the very heart of my popularity. | 是我受欢迎的主因 | 
| [17:31] | Don’t you have a job approval rating | 你的工作满意度 | 
| [17:33] | Of, like, three percent or something? | 不是在百分之三以上吗? | 
| [17:34] | Well, we’re having some difficulty | 我们的文宣遭遇到一点困难 | 
| [17:35] | Getting the word out. | |
| [17:37] | Thank you. Is this from this morning, carol? | 谢谢,这是早上的吗?卡洛 | 
| [17:39] | Yes, sir. ( sighs ) | 是的 | 
| [17:44] | So how’s my pulse? | 我的脉搏怎样? 你几分钟前 有在楼梯间跑马拉松吗 | 
| [17:45] | Have you been running | 你几分钟前 | 
| [17:46] | Up and down the stairs at the rose bowl | 有在楼梯间跑马拉松吗 | 
| [17:47] | In the past few minutes? | 没有 | 
| [17:49] | No. Then it’s not that good. | 那就不太好 | 
| [17:50] | Cut back on red meat? Yeah. | 你有少吃红肉吗? | 
| [17:51] | Dairy? Yeah. | 有 奶品类? 有 那么酒类呢? | 
| [17:52] | How about booze? | 有 那么酒类呢? 有啊…蓝丁汉太太 来两杯威士忌加冰块 | 
| [17:53] | Why not? Two dewars | 有啊…蓝丁汉太太 | 
| [17:54] | On the rocks, mrs. Landingham. | 来两杯威士忌加冰块 | 
| [17:55] | Mr. President… | 总统先生 | 
| [17:58] | I had a meeting this morning | 我今早得跟 | 
| [17:59] | With the joint chiefs. | 参谋首长联席会议开会 | 
| [18:04] | I’m an accomplished man, morris. | 我是个事业有成的人 | 
| [18:06] | I can sit comfortably | 我可以自在地跟总理 | 
| [18:07] | With prime ministers and presidents, even the pope. | 总统甚至教皇同席 | 
| [18:10] | Why is every time I sit with the joint chiefs | 为什么我跟参谋首长们同席 | 
| [18:13] | I feel like I’m back | 就像回到我老爸的餐桌似的 | 
| [18:15] | At my father’s dinner table? | 我是个海军军官,我不… 你是海军军官,你是军医 | 
| [18:16] | I’m a naval officer, sir. I… | 我是个海军军官,我不… | 
| [18:17] | You’re a naval officer. You’re a doctor in a uniform. | 你是海军军官,你是军医 | 
| [18:22] | It’s not like I’m totally without experience, you know. | 我不是没有过这种经验 是的 | 
| [18:25] | Yes, sir. You’re talking to a former governor. | 你现在面对的是个前州长 | 
| [18:28] | I was commander-in-chief | 我曾是新罕不什尔州 | 
| [18:29] | In the new hampshire national guard. | 国民兵的统帅 | 
| [18:31] | You guys got into a lot of tough scrapes, did you? | 你们常碰到凶险的状况吧 | 
| [18:32] | We didn’t have to. | 不需要 | 
| [18:34] | We’d just stand on the border and stare you down. | 我们只站在边境瞪得你丧胆 | 
| [18:36] | Then we’d all go for pancakes. | 然后大伙一起去吃松饼 | 
| [18:38] | Like you got a lot of close infantry | 就像你们在医科预校的 | 
| [18:40] | Combat training in premed, huh? | 步兵徒手肉搏训练 | 
| [18:41] | Hold still just a second. | 别动,一下子就好 | 
| [18:43] | What is that? It’s a flu shot. | 那是什么? | 
| [18:44] | I don’t need a flu shot. | 是感冒预防针 我不需要打感冒预防针 | 
| [18:44] | You do need a flu shot. | 你需要打感冒预防针 | 
| [18:46] | How do I know this isn’t the start of a military coup? | 我怎么知道 这不是军方叛变的前奏? | 
| [18:48] | I want the secret service in here right away. | 我要立刻叫特勤组进来 | 
| [18:50] | In the event of a military coup | 如果军方真的叛变 | 
| [18:51] | What makes you think the secret service | 你凭什么认定特勤组 | 
| [18:53] | Is going to be on your side? | 一定站你这边? | 
| [18:56] | Now that’s a thought that’s going to fester. | 我会记得你这句话 | 
| [18:58] | Hold still. | 别动 | 
| [19:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [19:08] | I’m not comfortable with violence. | 我不喜欢暴力 | 
| [19:12] | I know this country has enemies | 我知道这个国家有敌人 | 
| [19:14] | But I don’t feel violent toward any of them. | 可是我不想用暴力对付他们 | 
| [19:17] | I don’t know whether that’s a weakness or not | 我不知道这是不是弱点 | 
| [19:20] | But I think I know how the joint chiefs | 可是我知道 | 
| [19:21] | Would answer that question. | 参谋首长联席会议会给我答案 | 
| [19:25] | Let the chiefs get to know you, mr. President. | 总统先生,让那些首长认识你 | 
| [19:28] | They’re serious men, naturally suspicious of your leadership. | 他们是正经的军人 自然会怀疑你的领导能力 | 
| [19:32] | That’s what comes from spending a lifetime | 这是因为他们一辈子 | 
| [19:33] | Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. | 都在跟魔鬼和大海搏斗 | 
| [19:37] | They’re men of character. | 他们是有个性的人 | 
| [19:38] | They may not like your resume | 他们也许不喜欢你的履历表 | 
| [19:39] | But they’ll like you personally if you give it time. | 可是如果你给他们时间 他们会喜欢你这个人 | 
| [19:44] | You have a once-in-a-generation mind, sir. | 你的心智真是举世难求 | 
| [19:47] | Ultimately, they’ll respect that. | 他们最后一定会尊重这点 | 
| [19:49] | They’ll advise you well and go where you point. | 他们会给你适当建议 会完全听命于你 | 
| [19:53] | Let the chiefs | 让那些首长认识你 | 
| [19:53] | Get to know you, sir. | 让那些首长认识你 | 
| [19:55] | In the meantime | 再说,你的阶级高过他们 | 
| [19:56] | You outrank them, so don’t worry about it so much | 所以别太担心 | 
| [19:58] | And cut back on the dairy. | 还有少吃奶品类 | 
| [20:00] | And the red meat. | 和红肉 | 
| [20:01] | And the scotch. | 跟威士忌 | 
| [20:03] | Don’t forget your picture. | 别忘了你的照片 | 
| [20:04] | Corey’s a beautiful child. | 可丽是个漂亮的小女孩 | 
| [20:06] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道,我的成绩不错吧 | 
| [20:08] | Look what I done. | |
| [20:09] | You didn’t do nothing, mister. | 拜托,你没做任何事 | 
| [20:11] | You were a passenger on this one. | 你只是旁观者 | 
| [20:13] | Your job is to pay the bills | 你只管付帐单 听那些女士的吩咐做事 | 
| [20:14] | And do what these ladies | 你只管付帐单 听那些女士的吩咐做事 | 
| [20:15] | Tell you to do. Yes, sir. | 对 | 
| [20:17] | Also, you got to teach her how to whistle. | 还有你得教她吹口哨 | 
| [20:18] | Her mother won’t do that. | 她母亲不会教她那个 | 
| [20:20] | Right. See you next week. | 好 下星期再见 | 
| [20:20] | In two weeks. | 是两星期后 对 | 
| [20:21] | Right. | 是两星期后 对 | 
| [20:24] | Morris. | 莫里斯 | 
| [20:25] | Yes, sir. | 是 | 
| [20:28] | Look at that picture again. | 你再看看那张照片 | 
| [20:32] | See? | 你看到没有? | 
| [20:36] | The past isn’t the only thing your family can be proud of. | 值得你家人骄傲的 不只是过去而已 | 
| [20:42] | Yes, sir. | 是的 | 
| [20:46] | Go away. | 走吧 | 
| [20:51] | Mr. President, you remember stuart white and ray finley. | 总统先生 你记得史都华怀特和雷范利吧 | 
| [20:54] | I do, indeed. Mr. White, good to see you. | 我记得,怀特先生 | 
| [20:56] | Mr. Finley… | 很高兴见到你,范利先生 | 
| [21:04] | Josh. Yeah. | 乔西 什么? | 
| [21:05] | Who do you want for the pool this saturday? | 这星期六的球赛你要赌谁 | 
| [21:07] | Another hundred bucks. | 再下一百元? | 
| [21:08] | Well, you can’t win if you don’t play. | 你不赌就没机会赢 我的看法可不同 | 
| [21:10] | I see it different. | 你喜欢哪一队? | 
| [21:11] | Who do you like, rocky mountain college or purdue? | 洛矶山学院或普渡大学? | 
| [21:13] | Tell you what. | 这样吧,我赌叶希瓦大学 | 
| [21:14] | Can you give me yeshiva university over the cowboys? | 打赢达拉斯牛仔队 | 
| [21:17] | If you’re not going to take this seriously… | 如果你不认真下注的话… | 
| [21:18] | Excuse me. | 抱歉,乔西 | 
| [21:19] | Josh, leo will be ready in about a half hour. | 里奥再半小时就有时间见我们 | 
| [21:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢,噢,茜洁 是 | 
| [21:21] | C.j., did you talk to hoynes? | 你有跟何因斯谈吗 | 
| [21:23] | Yeah. And? | 有 | 
| [21:24] | We’re fine. | 结果呢 不会再有麻烦 | 
| [21:25] | You sure? | 你确定吗? 对 | 
| [21:26] | Yeah. C.J.? | 茜洁 | 
| [21:28] | We’re fine. Okay. | 不会再有麻烦 好 | 
| [21:29] | Leo will call when he’s ready. | 里奥准备好时,会打电话来 | 
| [21:31] | Anyone but mandy. | 谁都行,就是别找��蒂 | 
| [21:32] | Right. | 对 | 
| [21:35] | Mandy: I have a ph.d., did you know that? | 我有博士学位,你知道吗? | 
| [21:37] | Yes. | 知道 | 
| [21:39] | Some people don’t know that. | 有些人并不知道 | 
| [21:40] | I do. | 我知道 | 
| [21:42] | I’ve got a bachelor’s degree in art history | 我有艺术史学士、传播学硕士 | 
| [21:44] | And a master’s degree in communications | |
| [21:47] | And a ph.d. In political science. | 还有政治学的博士学位 | 
| [21:49] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [21:50] | I’m accomplished and brilliant. | 是的 我事业有成…也聪明 | 
| [21:54] | And yet, look how young and cute I am. | 可是你看我还很年轻可爱 | 
| [21:57] | What about gil mcgreggor? | 吉尔麦格怎么样? | 
| [21:58] | And who would think that someone | 谁想得到我这么有成就的人 | 
| [21:59] | Who had accomplished as much as I have Would be this young or this cute? | 还会这么年轻可爱? | 
| [22:03] | Gil mcgreggor. mandy. | 吉尔麦格 可是现在我在这里 ��蒂 | 
| [22:04] | But here I am. | 可是现在我在这里 ��蒂 | 
| [22:06] | Why not? I won’t call gil mcgreggor. | 我不打电话给吉尔麦格 为什么不? | 
| [22:07] | I’m not cold-calling businesses like an encyclopedia salesman. | 我不是百科全书的推销员 我不打电话毛遂自荐 | 
| [22:10] | Fine. | 好 | 
| [22:12] | You do it. | 你去打 | 
| [22:14] | No. Neither of us have to do it. | 不,我们俩都不用打 | 
| [22:16] | Things haven’t gotten that bad. | 情况还没那么糟 | 
| [22:18] | Ms. Hampton, we are sitting on the stairs | 汉顿小姐,我们坐在楼梯上 | 
| [22:20] | Drinking wine out of paper cups. | 用纸杯喝酒还不够糟吗 | 
| [22:24] | I’d like it if you called me dr. Hampton. | 我宁可你叫我汉顿博士 | 
| [22:27] | Give me the bottle. ( phone ringing ) | 把酒瓶给我 | 
| [22:38] | Sam seaborn’s office. | 山姆希朋办公室 我是丹尼,我找山姆 | 
| [22:40] | He’s writing now, danny. | 他现在正在写稿 他要我暂时别接电话进去 | 
| [22:41] | He asked me to hold the calls. | 他现在正在写稿 他要我暂时别接电话进去 | 
| [22:43] | Okay. | 好了 | 
| [22:45] | He just came out. We’ll call you back. | 等等,他出来了 我们再回你电话 | 
| [22:46] | I’m done. | 我弄好了 你确定吗? | 
| [22:47] | You sure? Yup. | 我弄好了 你确定吗? 对 你润饰好了? | 
| [22:48] | You’re done polishing? Yes. | 对 你润饰好了? 对 你拿捏好了? | 
| [22:49] | You’re done tweaking? | 对 你拿捏好了? | 
| [22:50] | I’m done tweaking. | 你拿捏好,也润饰好了 | 
| [22:51] | I am done polishing. I’m done. Take it to C.J. | 拿去给茜洁吧 | 
| [22:55] | Wait. | 等一等 | 
| [23:00] | Yes. I’m done. | 对,我弄好了,真的 | 
| [23:01] | Really. | |
| [23:03] | …wait and hope that a statement | 我们要等待 | 
| [23:04] | Comes out of the u.n. By the end of the week. | 希望联合国这周末会发表声明 | 
| [23:06] | Well, it’s the least they can do. | 他们至少该这么做 | 
| [23:07] | No, actually the u.n.’s already doing the least they can do. | 不,其实联合国已经做了 | 
| [23:10] | Right. | 他们所能做的 | 
| [23:11] | Hey, sam, what’s up? | 山姆,你好吗? | 
| [23:12] | Just stretching my legs. | 我只是走动一下 | 
| [23:13] | Hi. | 我只是走动一下 | 
| [23:14] | Hi. | 进度如何? | 
| [23:15] | How’s it going? | 进度如何? 我弄完了 | 
| [23:16] | I’m finished. | 我弄完了 | 
| [23:17] | Talking about the hilton head draft? | 希赫法案的草稿? | 
| [23:18] | I used pretty tough language. | 我措词强悍,『政治幌子』 | 
| [23:19] | “Political cover,” “Counterproductive.” | 『极具负面绩效』 | 
| [23:21] | Good. | 很好 | 
| [23:24] | Now, I’m just stretching my legs. | 现在我只是走动一下 | 
| [23:26] | Good. | 很好 | 
| [23:36] | Can I talk to you a second? | 我能跟你谈一下吗? | 
| [23:37] | Yeah. | 可以 | 
| [23:39] | I’m going to shut the door. | 我先关上门 | 
| [23:41] | Okay. | 好 | 
| [23:47] | About a week ago, I accidentally slept with a prostitute. | 大概一星期前 我不小心跟个妓女上床 | 
| [23:53] | Really? | 真的吗? 对 | 
| [23:54] | Yes. | 真的吗? 对 | 
| [23:55] | You accidentally slept with a prostitute. | 你不小心跟个妓女上床 | 
| [23:57] | Call girl. | 是应召女郎 | 
| [23:58] | Accidentally? | 不小心? | 
| [23:59] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [24:01] | I don’t understand. Did you trip over something? | 我不懂,你昏头了吗? | 
| [24:03] | I didn’t know she was. | 我不知道她是个应召女郎 | 
| [24:04] | There wasn’t a red flag | 她向你收取夜渡费时 | 
| [24:06] | When she charged you money in exchange for sex? | 你没有预警吗? | 
| [24:08] | She didn’t charge me, toby. Come on. | 她没向我收费,拜托 | 
| [24:10] | I didn’t find out about it till the next day. | 我是第二天才知道的 | 
| [24:15] | Where’d you meet her? | 你在哪里碰到她的? | 
| [24:16] | The farnsworth. | 在芳都华酒店 | 
| [24:18] | No. Did anyone see you? | 在芳都华酒店 有人看到你吗? 没有 | 
| [24:19] | You sure? Yes. | 你确定? | 
| [24:20] | Although I was with billy for a time. | 对,不过当时我跟比利在一起 | 
| [24:22] | Billy who? Kenworthy. | 哪个比利? 肯华 | 
| [24:24] | Kenworthy of the wall street journal. | 比利肯华 对 | 
| [24:25] | He talked to me | 华尔街邮报那个? | 
| [24:27] | About josh during the mary marsh thing | 他坐下来问我乔西的事 那时正当玛莉马许那档事 | 
| [24:29] | And he left before i… | 他起来离开之后,我… | 
| [24:30] | …picked up a hooker. | 你就去钓个妓女 | 
| [24:31] | Call girl. | 是应召女郎 | 
| [24:32] | That’s a distinction | 这在大陪审团之前 | 
| [24:34] | That will be very important to the grand jury. | 会有很大的区别 | 
| [24:36] | I haven’t broken any laws. | 我并没有违法 | 
| [24:37] | Who else knows about this? | 还有谁知道这件事? 乔西 | 
| [24:40] | Josh. | 还有谁? 就这样 | 
| [24:41] | And who else? | 还有谁? 就这样 | 
| [24:42] | That’s it. | 所以只有我、你 那位妓女 | 
| [24:43] | So it’s just me, you, the hooker | 所以只有我、你 那位妓女 | 
| [24:45] | The president’s deputy chief of staff | 总统的副幕僚长 | 
| [24:46] | And the wall street journal. | 跟华尔街邮报知道? | 
| [24:48] | You know what? She’s not a hooker. | 托比,她不是妓女 | 
| [24:49] | Hang on a second, sam. | 等一等,山姆 | 
| [24:51] | I’d like to call to say we can be friends. | 我想打电话给她 只是告诉她我们可以做朋友 | 
| [24:52] | I don’t see the danger in that. | 我看不出这有什么危险 | 
| [24:53] | No, no, sam. | 不行,山姆,你想去感化她? | 
| [24:55] | You’re going to try and reform her? | |
| [24:56] | No. I think you are. | 不 我想你会 | 
| [24:57] | She shouldn’t have to feel like trash because i | 我觉得她不应该 自认为一文不值 | 
| [24:59] | Have a job where adults aren’t given the benefit of the doubt. | 只因为我这个工作 | 
| [25:02] | ( door opens ) | 把所有其他人全都看扁了 | 
| [25:03] | Let’s go. | 走吧 | 
| [25:04] | He’s free? | 走吧 | 
| [25:05] | Yeah. | 他有空了? 对 | 
| [25:11] | Did you know about this? | 你知道这个吗? | 
| [25:12] | Know about what? | 你知道这个吗? 知道什么? 他那件事 | 
| [25:13] | With him. | 知道什么? 他那件事 | 
| [25:14] | Yes. | 知道 | 
| [25:15] | And you’re not concerned? | 而你却不担心? | 
| [25:17] | Who among us hasn’t known forbidden love, toby? | 谁没有不可告人的恋情? | 
| [25:19] | Why spring break alone… | 谁没有狂欢的时候… | 
| [25:20] | I was going to say… | 我本来也要那么说 | 
| [25:22] | This administration doesn’t even need an opposition party. | 这个政府不需要反对党 | 
| [25:23] | You know that? We do fine by ourselves. | 我们就可以搞垮自己 | 
| [25:26] | Sam. | 山姆,别再做傻事好吗? | 
| [25:29] | Don’t do anything stupid, okay? Yeah. | 好 | 
| [25:31] | Nice job on the hilton head draft. | 希赫法案的草稿写得很棒 | 
| [25:33] | Leo: You have three minutes. What do you want? | 你们有三分钟,你们要什么? | 
| [25:35] | Toby: A full-time consultant. | 一个全职顾问 | 
| [25:36] | The dollar’s down three cents against the yen. | 美元对日圆贬了三分 | 
| [25:39] | Up two pennies against the euro. | 对欧元涨了两分 | 
| [25:40] | You know what we need more than a media consultant? | 知道我们比媒体主任 更需要的什么吗? | 
| [25:42] | An economic stimulus package | 别像是直销大会拼凑出来的 | 
| [25:44] | That doesn’t look like it was put together at an amway rally. | 振兴经济配套措施 | 
| [25:47] | Yes, but that’s not the meeting we’re having now. | 对,但我们不是来讨论这个 | 
| [25:48] | Fair point. | 好吧 | 
| [25:49] | The ryder cup shouldn’t have ended up | 莱德杯高球选手 | 
| [25:51] | On our radar screen. That’s right. | 根本不该卯上我们 | 
| [25:52] | So, you’ll let us hire a new media consultant? | 对 所以你会让我们 聘请一位新媒体主任? | 
| [25:55] | Absolutely. Who do we get? | 你愿意让民主党多花点钱? 当然 我们该找谁? ��蒂 | 
| [25:57] | Mandy. | 好人选 好 | 
| [25:58] | Excellent choice. | 好人选 好 | 
| [25:59] | Yes. | 等一等,什么? ��蒂 | 
| [26:00] | Wait. What? | 等一等,什么? | 
| [26:01] | Mandy. | ��蒂 | 
| [26:03] | Who’s recently unemployed | 她刚失业,全是乔西的功劳 | 
| [26:04] | And, by the way, I don’t think josh has gotten Enough credit for that. | 我们该多多夸赞他 | 
| [26:07] | We need her again, josh. | 我们再次需要她,乔西 ��蒂? | 
| [26:08] | Mandy? | 我们需要她 等等,这简直是突袭 | 
| [26:09] | We need her. | 我们需要她 | 
| [26:10] | Wait. This is an ambush. | 等等,这简直是突袭 | 
| [26:12] | I’m getting mugged and you’re the gang leader. | 我被抢劫,而你是流氓头子 | 
| [26:13] | Can you think of a single reason | 你能想出一个不用��蒂 | 
| [26:15] | Not to use mandy that isn’t personal? | 的非私人理由吗? | 
| [26:16] | Sure. What? | 当然可以 什么? | 
| [26:17] | She used to be my girlfriend. | 当然可以 什么? 她以前是我的女朋友 | 
| [26:19] | That’s good enough for me. | 这点就够了,就这么办 | 
| [26:21] | Let’s do it. Excellent. | 好极了 | 
| [26:22] | Hang on. | 等一等 这下会很精彩�� | 
| [26:24] | Wait. I have certain objections. | 等等,我还没有… 有些反对意见 | 
| [26:25] | Like what? | 比如什么 | 
| [26:27] | The president’s never going to go for this. | 至少总统绝不会答应 他当然会答应 | 
| [26:29] | Sure he will. How do you know? | 你怎么知道? | 
| [26:30] | You already asked him. I already asked him. | 我已经问过他了 | 
| [26:32] | All right, listen, fine. | 好 | 
| [26:34] | I’m a team player. | 我很有团队精神 | 
| [26:35] | I think my record’s clear on that. Yes. | 我的记录是最好的证明 | 
| [26:37] | As long as she understands that she answers to me | 对 | 
| [26:39] | And she answers to toby. | 只要她了解 她必须听命于我跟托比 | 
| [26:40] | I don’t want to go 15 rounds with her in the oval office. | 我不想在椭圆办公室里 跟她大战十五回合 | 
| [26:43] | Does that wrap it up? | 托比,这样可以吗? 可以 | 
| [26:44] | Yeah. | 谢了,各位 | 
| [26:45] | Thank you, everybody. | 谢了,各位 | 
| [26:47] | You know, I’m going to draw a chart for her | 我要画个表,标上线条跟箭头 | 
| [26:48] | With lines and arrows, clearly indicating | 很清楚地表示 | 
| [26:51] | That she answers to me and she answers to toby. | 她必须听命于我跟托比 | 
| [26:53] | Leo: C.J., hang on a second. | 茜洁,等一下 | 
| [26:58] | Did you talk to hoynes today? | 你今天有跟何因斯谈过吗? | 
| [26:59] | Yeah, I talked to him for a minute this morning. | 有,今早我跟他谈了一会儿 | 
| [27:01] | About a3-c3? | 关于A3C3法案? | 
| [27:03] | Yeah. | 对 我是指他说的那句话 | 
| [27:04] | I mean about the quote. | 对 我是指他说的那句话 | 
| [27:05] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [27:06] | And? | 结果呢? | 
| [27:08] | Miscommunication. He’s on board. | 沟通不良,他现在清楚了 | 
| [27:10] | Yeah? | 是吗? | 
| [27:11] | Yeah. | 是的 | 
| [27:13] | I don’t understand. What kind of… | 我不懂,如何沟通不良? | 
| [27:14] | His statement got truncated. | 他的话被断章取义 | 
| [27:16] | I’d leave it alone. | 我看不用再追究了 | 
| [27:19] | Okay. | 好 | 
| [27:20] | Anything else? | 还有什么事吗? 没有 | 
| [27:21] | No. | 我会在我的办公室里 | 
| [27:22] | I’ll be in my office. | 我会在我的办公室里 | 
| [27:26] | She answers to me and she answers to toby. | 她必须听命于我跟托比 | 
| [27:34] | President: mrs. Landingham? | 蓝丁汉太太 | 
| [27:35] | Yes, sir. | 是,总统先生 | 
| [27:36] | I’m done, right? | 我的事都办完了吧 | 
| [27:37] | There are some calls | 还有几通电话 | 
| [27:38] | But you can make them from the residence. | 但是你可以在家里打 | 
| [27:40] | All righty. Thank you. | 好 | 
| [27:41] | What’s in the bag? | 谢谢,袋子里是什么? | 
| [27:42] | Delegation from the university of nebraska was sorry | 内布拉斯加大学代表团 | 
| [27:45] | You couldn’t see them during their visit | 来访时没能见到你 | 
| [27:47] | And they left this for you with their compliments. | 他们很遗憾地留下这个礼物 | 
| [27:49] | It’s a shirt. | 是一件衬衫 是,总统先生 | 
| [27:50] | Yes, sir. | 是一件衬衫 | 
| [27:51] | They left me a shirt? | 是,总统先生 | 
| [27:53] | Yes, sir. | 他们留了件衬衫? 是,总统先生 | 
| [27:54] | I think they left me something else, mrs. Landingham. | 我想他们还留了别的东西 总统先生… | 
| [27:57] | Now, mr. President… | 我想他们还留了 | 
| [27:58] | I think they left me 12 center-cut prime filet omaha steaks, mrs. Landingham. | 十二块上好的奥马哈牛排 | 
| [28:03] | Morris tolliver… | 杜立医生说… | 
| [28:05] | I was going to have mario fix me one of those steaks tonight. | 我本来要叫马里奥 今晚给我做一点这种牛排 | 
| [28:07] | Dr. Tolliver was very clear… | 杜立医生说得很清楚… | 
| [28:09] | You stole my steaks. | 你偷了我的牛排 | 
| [28:10] | I didn’t steal them. | 我没偷 | 
| [28:11] | I’m simply following the direct orders Of captain morris tolliver, m.d. | 我只是遵照杜立医生的指示 | 
| [28:16] | Who would like to see your diet contain a little less… | 他希望你少吃点… | 
| [28:19] | You are a cattle rustler, mrs. Landingham. | 你是偷牛贼 | 
| [28:22] | If you say so, mr. President. | 随便你说吧,总统先生 | 
| [28:24] | And no scotch tonight, sir. | 还有今晚别喝威士忌 | 
| [28:25] | Between you and morris tolliver, who needs a wife or a mother? | 有你跟莫里斯杜立盯着 谁还需要老婆或老妈? | 
| [28:29] | Good night, mr. President. | 晚安,总统先生 | 
| [28:35] | Christiansen? No. | 克利斯 不 | 
| [28:36] | Stilwell? No. | 史提华 不 | 
| [28:37] | Crouse? | 克鲁斯 从印地安纳来那个? | 
| [28:38] | The one from indiana? | 克鲁斯 从印地安纳来那个? 阿拉巴马 不 | 
| [28:39] | Alabama. No. | 阿拉巴马 不 | 
| [28:40] | How about the one from indiana? | 那么从印地安纳来那个呢? 不 | 
| [28:41] | No. | 奇帝斯 不 | 
| [28:42] | Uh, kittis. No. | 奇帝斯 不 | 
| [28:44] | Wademan? No | 魏德曼 不 | 
| [28:45] | Rock? No. | 洛克 不 | 
| [28:46] | Uh, silverman? | 席曼 巴特勒 | 
| [28:47] | Bartlet. | 席曼 巴特勒 | 
| [28:50] | What about bartlet? | 巴特勒如何? | 
| [28:52] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里做什么 | 
| [28:53] | Jed bartlet? | 杰德巴特勒 | 
| [28:54] | Nobel laureate in economics | 诺贝尔经济学奖得主 | 
| [28:55] | Three-term congressman, two-term governor. | 三任国会议员,两任州长 | 
| [28:58] | It does look like you could use a client. What do you say? | 你们似乎亟需客户,怎么样? | 
| [29:01] | You want to work | 要替自由世界的领袖做事吗? | 
| [29:02] | For the leader of the free world? | |
| [29:07] | Josh. | 乔西 | 
| [29:10] | Well, it took you long enough. | 你还真会拖时间哪 | 
| [29:12] | Ow! You cut me out of the loop | 你一年不来找我 | 
| [29:14] | For a year. Oh, sure, once the ryder cup team… | 直到莱德杯高球选手… | 
| [29:16] | Which… We got some rules. | 好 我们有些规矩 | 
| [29:18] | I don’t want to hear rules. | 我不要听你的规矩 什么规矩? | 
| [29:19] | What are the rules? | 第一,她不能揍我 | 
| [29:20] | One: She can’t punch me. | 第一,她不能揍我 | 
| [29:21] | Two: I’d prefer it if the two of you | 第二,你们俩不能在 | 
| [29:23] | Didn’t get drunk in the middle of the day. | 白天里喝醉酒 | 
| [29:25] | No. Agreed. | 不会的 我同意 | 
| [29:26] | Fine. | 很好 | 
| [29:27] | You don’t know how much | 你不知道我们有多感激 | 
| [29:28] | We appreciate this. | 他又不是在帮我们忙 | 
| [29:29] | He’s not doing us a favor. | 他又不是在帮我们忙 | 
| [29:30] | You are a good man, josh. | 你是个好人,乔西 | 
| [29:32] | Yes, I really am quite something. | 对,我这人是很不错 | 
| [29:33] | Just want to die. | 我真想死了算了 | 
| [29:35] | We don’t even know how to thank you. | 我们不知道该怎么谢你 | 
| [29:36] | The look on mandy’s face is thanks enough. | ��蒂那个表情就足以谢我了 | 
| [29:38] | Get your coats. You hungry? | 去拿外套,你们饿吗? | 
| [29:39] | No. | 不 饿了 | 
| [29:40] | Yes. Yes. Let’s go. | 不 饿了 走吧 | 
| [29:42] | Rule number three– and I really can’t emphasize this enough– | 第三条规矩,这点非常重要 | 
| [29:45] | You answer to me and you answer to toby. | 你必须听命于我跟托比 | 
| [29:47] | My office is drawing up some instructional charts | 我的办公室正在制作表格 | 
| [29:50] | That pretty much outline the chain of command. | 表明层级隶属关系 | 
| [29:52] | For instance, you answer to me and you answer to toby. | 比如你必须听命于我跟托比 | 
| [29:55] | I understand. | 我了解 | 
| [29:56] | Do you? | 我了解 是吗? 是的 | 
| [29:57] | Yes. | 是吗? 是的 很好 | 
| [29:58] | Good. | 你作梦! | 
| [29:59] | In your dreams. | 你作梦! | 
| [30:00] | Mandy! | ��蒂 | 
| [30:01] | In your little dreams. | 作你的春秋大梦 | 
| [30:06] | Excuse me. | 对不起,副总统来了 | 
| [30:07] | The vice president is here. | 对不起,副总统来了 | 
| [30:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [30:11] | Hey, leo. | 嘿,里奥 | 
| [30:12] | Good evening, mr. Vice president. | 嘿,里奥 | 
| [30:14] | Thanks, margaret. | 晚安,副总统先生 谢谢,玛格 | 
| [30:17] | How was new york? | 纽约如何? | 
| [30:19] | Standard and poor will raise the city’s credit rating. | 史坦普指数会提高 该市的信用等级 | 
| [30:21] | Good. | 好极了 | 
| [30:22] | Nice of you to call me over. | 谢谢你打电话请我过来 | 
| [30:24] | We don’t see enough of each other. | 我们俩应该多见面才对 | 
| [30:26] | No. | 是啊 | 
| [30:27] | Margaret’s looking good. | 玛格气色很好 | 
| [30:28] | Did you blow off C.J. Craig this morning? | 你今早是不是 把茜洁葛瑞打发走? | 
| [30:29] | Leo, is that what this is about? | 里奥,你找我来就为这个? 你有吗? | 
| [30:32] | Did you? You know what? | 茜洁不需要每次碰壁 | 
| [30:33] | C.j. Doesn’t need to come running to you… | 就找你哭诉 | 
| [30:35] | C.j. Didn’t come running, john. | 茜洁没来哭诉,她替你掩饰 | 
| [30:37] | She covered your ass. She’s a good girl. | 她是个好女孩 | 
| [30:39] | And when she tells you something | 我希望你把她告诉你的事 | 
| [30:41] | I want you to consider it a directive from this office. | 当成是本办公室的指令 | 
| [30:46] | You want me to consider it a directive from this office? | 你要我把它 当成是这办公室的指令? | 
| [30:49] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [30:50] | Well, let me consult article two | 我得先研究一下宪法第二条 | 
| [30:52] | Of the constitution ’cause I’m not | |
| [30:53] | A hundred percent sure where this office | 因为我不确定这办公室 | 
| [30:55] | Gets the authority to direct me to the men’s room. | 有权利命令我到厕所去 | 
| [30:58] | You really want to do this now? | 你真的非要现在闹翻 | 
| [30:59] | Leo, I have had it up to here with you and your pal. | 我受够你跟你的死党了 | 
| [31:03] | I got shoved into a broom… | 居然把我打入冷宫… | 
| [31:05] | Excuse me. | 对不起,我跟我的死党? | 
| [31:06] | Me and my pal? | 对 | 
| [31:08] | Yes. | 你是在指巴特勒总统? 对 | 
| [31:09] | You are referring | 你是在指巴特勒总统? | 
| [31:10] | To president bartlet? | 对 | 
| [31:11] | Yes. | 你居然这样称呼他? | 
| [31:12] | Refer to him that way. | 你居然这样称呼他? | 
| [31:14] | Good night, leo. | 晚安,里奥 | 
| [31:16] | Don’t do what you’re doing, john. | 约翰,别继续这样蛮干 | 
| [31:18] | You’re a world-class political operative, leo. | 你是世界级的玩政治高手 | 
| [31:20] | Why the hell shouldn’t I keep on doing what I’ve been doing? | 我为什么不能继续这么做 | 
| [31:23] | ’cause I’ll win and you’ll end up | 因为我会赢,而你会落得 | 
| [31:25] | Playing celebrity golf the rest of your life. | 下半辈子打名人高球赛 | 
| [31:31] | How long do you expect me to stick around here | 你以为我会再留在这里多久 | 
| [31:33] | And be his whipping boy? | 代他挨骂受过 | 
| [31:35] | Give this president | 你再讲话扯总统后腿 | 
| [31:36] | Anything less than your full-throated support And you’re going to find out exactly how long. | 你马上就知道你能留多久 | 
| [31:51] | Good night, leo. | 晚安,里奥 | 
| [31:52] | Good night, john. | 晚安,约翰 | 
| [32:22] | Excuse me. | 对不起 | 
| [32:23] | Hi. | 嗨 | 
| [32:25] | Hi. | 我找洛丽 | 
| [32:26] | I’m looking for laurie. | 我不认识谁叫洛丽 | 
| [32:27] | I don’t know anyone named laurie. | 我不认识谁叫洛丽 | 
| [32:28] | Laurie’s not her real name. | 洛丽不是她的真名 洛丽不是她的真名? | 
| [32:29] | Laurie’s not her real name? | 其实洛丽是她的真名 你知道的名字不是她的真名 | 
| [32:31] | Actually, laurie is her real name. | 其实洛丽是她的真名 | 
| [32:32] | The name you know her by is not her real name. | 你知道的名字不是她的真名 | 
| [32:33] | I saw her with you the other night. | 我看到她前几晚跟你在一起 | 
| [32:35] | Oh, yeah, I remember you. | 对,我记得你 | 
| [32:37] | Ah, more good news for toby. | 啊,又有好消息给托比了 | 
| [32:39] | What? | 什么 没什么 | 
| [32:40] | Nothing. | 什么 没什么 你能告诉我她在哪里吗? | 
| [32:41] | Could you tell me where she is? | 你能告诉我她在哪里吗? | 
| [32:43] | She’s in the back. | 她在后头 | 
| [32:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [32:47] | She’s busy. | 她正在忙着 只要一会儿就好 | 
| [32:48] | Only take a sec. | 只要一会儿就好 | 
| [32:49] | Man: Hong kong? That place has really gone downhill | 香港,那地方自从换厨师后 | 
| [32:52] | Since they changed chefs. ( laughing ) | 生意一落千丈 | 
| [32:56] | Hi. | 嗨 | 
| [32:58] | Hi. Look at this. | 嗨 | 
| [32:59] | I come in for a drink and here you are. | 你看,我来喝杯酒就碰到你 | 
| [33:02] | How about that? | 真有意思 | 
| [33:03] | How you doing? | 你好 | 
| [33:04] | Hi. | 嗨 | 
| [33:06] | This is… | 这是… | 
| [33:10] | Sam seaborn. | 山姆希朋 | 
| [33:11] | From the white house? | 就是白宫那位? | 
| [33:11] | Yes, sir. | 是,先生 | 
| [33:13] | Sam… I hope you don’t mind my barging in. | 山姆 | 
| [33:15] | It’s just that I’ve known this girl my whole life. | 希望你不介意我这样闯来 我认识这位小姐大半辈子 | 
| [33:17] | How do you know brittany? | 你怎么认识布列妮的? 谁是布列妮? | 
| [33:19] | Who’s brittany? | 是我 好 | 
| [33:19] | I am. Okay. | 是我 好 | 
| [33:23] | Sam, we’re in the middle of something here. | 山姆,我们正在谈事情 | 
| [33:25] | No problem. I don’t mean to interrupt. | 没关系,我不想打扰你们 | 
| [33:26] | I’ll just go back to the bar and call my friend | 我干脆回去酒吧 | 
| [33:29] | The assistant u.s. Attorney general | 打电话给我朋友副司法部长 | 
| [33:30] | And see if he wants to come down | 看他要不要过来 | 
| [33:32] | And meet for a drink with me and that woman back there. | 跟我和后面那女人一起喝酒 | 
| [33:36] | Excuse me. | 对不起 | 
| [33:39] | Good to see you. | 幸会 | 
| [33:40] | Okay. | 好 | 
| [33:46] | Laurie, I called you four times. | 洛丽 | 
| [33:48] | Were you ever going to call me back? | 我打了四次电话给你 你有回过我的电话吗? | 
| [33:50] | Stay away from me. | 别靠近我 洛丽 | 
| [33:51] | Laurie… I can’t believe you just did that. | 我不敢相信你刚刚会那么做 | 
| [33:53] | I came here in the spirit of… | 听着,我来这里是… 我把我的外套留在桌边 我不能再回去 | 
| [33:54] | I left my coat at the table. | 我把我的外套留在桌边 我不能再回去 | 
| [33:55] | I can’t go back there. | 如果我害你损失金钱 | 
| [33:56] | If I cost you some money, I’ll write you a check. | 我会写张支票给你 | 
| [33:58] | You go to hell for saying that. | 你说这种话该下地狱 | 
| [34:00] | I wasn’t… | 我不… | 
| [34:02] | I’m sorry. That was the wrong thing to say. | 抱歉,我不该那么说 | 
| [34:04] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [34:05] | You’re going to freeze out here. | 你会冻死在这里 我不管 | 
| [34:06] | I don’t care. Take my coat. | 穿上我的外套 不 | 
| [34:08] | No. Come on. | 来吧 | 
| [34:09] | Give it to me. | 给我 | 
| [34:11] | I can’t believe you said that in there. | 我不敢相信 你刚刚在里面会说那这种话 | 
| [34:14] | I backed away from you so quietly, sam. | 我悄悄离开你,你知道 | 
| [34:17] | You know I did. I never would have caused any trouble. | 我不会给你找任何麻烦 | 
| [34:20] | And then, you come in and you brandish this-this… | 你却进来胡说八道一通 | 
| [34:23] | By the way, the attorney general | 还有司法部长在这里没管辖权 | 
| [34:24] | Has no jurisdiction here. | |
| [34:27] | I break the law in the district | 我在华府违过法 | 
| [34:28] | I break the law in maryland | 在马里兰州违过法 | 
| [34:30] | And from time to time, I break the law in pennsylvania. | 也偶尔在宾州违过法 | 
| [34:32] | In my life, I have never committed a federal crime | 可是我这辈子 从没触犯过联邦法律 | 
| [34:34] | Which is more than I can say for some people in your line of work. | 干你们那行的 我就不敢这么说了 | 
| [34:37] | You’re absolutely right about that. I need a cab. | 你这点说得对极了 我需要叫辆计程车 | 
| [34:43] | So I had a pretty good day. | 我今天过得很好 | 
| [34:45] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 | 
| [34:47] | I feel like more and more | 我越来越能加入政策讨论 | 
| [34:48] | I’m playing a role in policy discussion And then today… | 然后今天… | 
| [34:51] | Why did you come and find me tonight? | 你今晚来找我做什么? | 
| [34:53] | What? | 什么? | 
| [34:54] | Why did you call me four times | 你为什么打了四次电话给我 | 
| [34:56] | And then come and find me? | 然后又来找我? | 
| [34:58] | Just to tell you I had a pretty good day. | 只是告诉你我今天过得很好 | 
| [35:03] | I don’t need saving, sam. | 我不需要别人拯救我 | 
| [35:04] | Yeah, you do. | 不,你需要 | 
| [35:06] | Are you aware that I make more money than you do? | 你知道我赚的钱比你多吗? | 
| [35:08] | You and any kid with a decent paper route. | 你和任何一个跑好路线的报童 | 
| [35:12] | And you understand that I wasn’t abused as a child | 你了解我小时没受过虐待 | 
| [35:14] | That I like what I do. Really? | 我也喜欢我所做的事 | 
| [35:16] | That it’s putting me through law school. | 真的吗? 我就是靠这行才能念法学院 | 
| [35:17] | I wouldn’t knock yourself out in torts | 我劝你不用K法律了 | 
| [35:19] | ’cause there isn’t a state bar in this country | 你有了拉客被捕的纪录后 | 
| [35:21] | That’s going to admit you with a solicitation bust on your record. | 任何一州的律师公会 都不会批准你入会 | 
| [35:22] | I don’t plan on getting busted. | 我并没打算被逮到 | 
| [35:24] | As opposed to the other people who do. | 难道其他人打算被逮到? | 
| [35:25] | Sam… And I got to tell you | 山姆 | 
| [35:27] | I think you look terrific tonight. | 我觉得你今晚很美 | 
| [35:29] | Thank you. And I’m not just saying that ’cause I want my coat back. | 谢谢 我这么说不只是因为 我想要回我的外套 | 
| [35:32] | You’re going to try and change me, arguing | 你会试图改变我 | 
| [35:35] | Asserting a position every time I turn around. | 每次见到我就跟我争辩不休 | 
| [35:36] | I’m a lawyer and a speech writer. | 我是律师和讲稿专家 | 
| [35:38] | I argue for a living | 我靠辩论为生 | 
| [35:39] | And I’m sought after | 大家争相聘请我,因为我很行 | 
| [35:40] | ’cause I’m very good at it. | |
| [35:42] | You humiliated me back there | 你刚在那里羞辱我 | 
| [35:45] | And you scared me. | 又吓坏我,你了解吗? | 
| [35:46] | You understand that? | |
| [35:48] | Yes. | 了解 | 
| [35:52] | And? | 那么? | 
| [35:54] | I guess that’s just the way it goes. | 我想就是这样 | 
| [35:58] | Well, that’s not good enough. | 那样不够好 | 
| [35:59] | It’ll have to be. | 非得够好才行 | 
| [36:00] | Why? | 为什么? 因为我决定做你的好朋友 | 
| [36:01] | ’cause I’ve decided to become | 为什么? | 
| [36:02] | A good friend of yours. | 因为我决定做你的好朋友 | 
| [36:03] | Oh, am I supposed to just strip down for you now? | 所以我现在该为你宽衣解带? | 
| [36:07] | No. | 不 | 
| [36:10] | Really? | 真的吗? | 
| [36:12] | Really. | 真的 | 
| [36:17] | So, what are we supposed to do? | 那么我们该做什么 | 
| [36:19] | I don’t know | 我不知道,不管是什么 我们待在室内好吗 | 
| [36:20] | But whatever it is, could we do it indoors? | 我不知道,不管是什么 我们待在室内好吗 | 
| [36:22] | ’cause I’m from southern california… Yes. | 因为我是南加州来的 好的 | 
| [36:24] | Good. | 很好 | 
| [36:27] | You want to buy me a drink? | 你要请我喝杯酒吗 | 
| [36:28] | I have to say that sounded very professional to me. | 听起来好生意化 闭嘴 | 
| [36:31] | Shut up. | 好 | 
| [36:33] | Okay. | 好 | 
| [36:34] | So you going to reveal state secrets? | 你要泄漏国家秘密吗? | 
| [36:36] | To be honest with you, I don’t think I know any state secrets. | 老实说 我根本不知道任何国家秘密 | 
| [36:38] | Now he tells me. | 现在才这么说 | 
| [36:39] | I can recite the members of congress | 我可以按姓氏顺序 | 
| [36:41] | In alphabetical order. | 背出国会议员的名字 | 
| [36:42] | Ooh, geez, sam, how do the girls stay on their feet with you? | 哇,小姐们一定 抗拒不了你的魅力 | 
| [36:45] | And I’ve got some patter with the capital gains tax, too. | 我也能侃侃谈论 投资利得所得税 清晨三点三十五分 | 
| [37:11] | Eagle’s by. | 老板过去了 | 
| [37:12] | So they’ll be in position in two hours? | 他们两小时内会就位? | 
| [37:14] | And they’d be backed up | 第二组航空母舰及华盛顿号和 | 
| [37:15] | By a second carrier group Plus the f-14s off the george washington and the coral sea. | 珊瑚海号的F14战机支援 | 
| [37:20] | How soon before an estimated b.d.a.? | 爆炸报告多久会出来? | 
| [37:22] | Ten minutes. | 十分钟 总统在等你 | 
| [37:25] | Excuse me, gentlemen. | 对不起,各位 | 
| [37:27] | Leo, you need me? | 里奥,你需要我吗? | 
| [37:30] | No. | 不用 | 
| [37:50] | Mr. President, morris tolliver is dead. | 总统先生,莫里斯杜立去世了 | 
| [37:55] | An air force transport carrying morris Twelve other doctors | 载着莫里斯及其余十二位医生 | 
| [37:59] | 42 support staff and a crew of five To a teaching hospital in amman | 四十二位医护人员和五位机员 | 
| [38:03] | Exploded in midair about 150 miles north of tartus. | 飞往安曼教学医院的空军军机 在塔特斯北方一百五十哩处 的空中爆炸 | 
| [38:08] | What was first thought to be a mechanical failure | 本来以为是机件故障 | 
| [38:12] | Was then claimed | 回教激进组织却声称 | 
| [38:13] | By a fundamentalist group | 是他们所为 | 
| [38:15] | After a keyhole satellite sent back a record | 接着卫星传回一种 | 
| [38:18] | Of the heat stream coming from what’s called an f.i.m.-92 | 叫FIM―92的热流记录 | 
| [38:22] | Which is a shoulder- mounted surface-to-air missile launcher. | 这是一种肩式的 地对空飞弹发射器 | 
| [38:27] | In the last 90 minutes or so | 在过去的九十分钟里 | 
| [38:29] | That’s been debunked as well. | 我们已查清楚 | 
| [38:31] | Hard intelligence is telling us | 情报显示 | 
| [38:33] | The order came through the syrian defense ministry. | 这是叙利亚国防部下的命令 | 
| [38:37] | Baker and lennox are on their way from the pentagon | 贝克跟连纳已从五角大厦赶来 | 
| [38:40] | And brodie’s in the situation room | 布罗迪在战情室准备向你简报 | 
| [38:42] | Preparing for your briefing. | |
| [38:50] | What time is it? | 现在几点? | 
| [38:53] | It’s 10:38 in damascus. | 大马士革时间是十点三十八分 | 
| [38:56] | Where is the syrian ambassador? | 叙利亚大使在哪里? | 
| [38:58] | He’s at his residence on a secure phone line. | 他在住处一条安全的电话线上 | 
| [39:01] | Tel aviv and london? | 台拉维夫和伦敦? | 
| [39:03] | State’s waiting for your word. | 两国友邦都在等你的决定 | 
| [39:07] | All right. Uh… | 好 | 
| [39:11] | I’m going to call morris’ wife now. | 我先打电话给莫里斯的太太 | 
| [39:15] | I’ll meet you in the situation room. | 再到战情室跟你会合 | 
| [39:19] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统先生 | 
| [39:23] | Leo. | 里奥 | 
| [39:28] | I am not frightened. | 我不怕 | 
| [39:31] | I’m going to blow them off the face of the earth | 我要用上帝的雷霆烈怒 | 
| [39:34] | With the fury of god’s own thunder. | 把他们轰得一干二净 | 
| [39:40] | Get the commanders. | 去请将领们来 | 
| [39:52] | ( door closes ) | |
| [40:10] | ( breathes deeply ) | |
| [40:23] | Yes, this is the president. | |
| [40:26] | I want to talk to a private residence. |