| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:05] | About a week ago, I accidentally slept with a prostitute. | |
| [00:08] | Really? | 真的吗? 是应召女郎 | 
| [00:09] | Call girl. | 真的吗? 是应召女郎 | 
| [00:10] | Accidentally. yes. | 不小心? 对 | 
| [00:12] | I don’t understand. did you trip over something? | 我不懂,你昏头了吗? | 
| [00:14] | You’re going to try and reform her. no. | 你想要去改造她? 不 | 
| [00:16] | The president likes you and he’d like to keep you on | 总统喜欢你,如果你不反对 | 
| [00:18] | If you don’t have any objections. | 他想继续留你下来工作 | 
| [00:19] | We can hire a new media consultant? absolutely. | 你会让我们聘请一位媒体顾问 当然 | 
| [00:21] | Anyone but mandy. | 谁都行,就是别找��蒂 我们该聘谁? ��蒂 | 
| [00:22] | Who should we get? mandy. | 我们该聘谁? ��蒂 | 
| [00:23] | Wait… What?! | 什么时候? 什么? | 
| [00:25] | An air force transport | 载着莫里斯杜立的空军军机 | 
| [00:28] | Carrying morris toliver exploded in mid-air. | 在半空中爆炸 | 
| [00:31] | The order came through the syrian defense ministry. | 是叙利亚国防部下的命令 | 
| [00:34] | I’m going to blow them off the face of the earth | 我要用上帝的雷霆烈怒 | 
| [00:36] | With the fury of god’s own thunder. | 把他们轰得一干二净 “决战时刻” | 
| [00:56] | C.j.’s looking for you. | 茜洁在找你 | 
| [00:57] | Huh? | 茜洁在找你 茜洁在找你 | 
| [00:58] | C.j.’s looking for you. | 茜洁在找你 唐娜 什么? | 
| [00:59] | Donna? yeah. | 唐娜 什么? | 
| [01:00] | “Good morning” Is a good way to start. | 早上说句“早,乔西” | 
| [01:01] | Good morning. | 不是很好吗? | 
| [01:02] | What’s up? c.j.’s looking for you. | 早 什么事? | 
| [01:03] | Tell her I’m in the office. | 茜洁在找你 告诉她,我在办公室 | 
| [01:04] | Josh, I’m saying | 乔西,我说茜洁在找你 | 
| [01:06] | C.j. Is looking for you. | |
| [01:09] | What did I do? | 我做了什么事? | 
| [01:10] | How would I know? | 我怎么知道? | 
| [01:11] | ’cause you know everything. | 因为你什么事都知道 | 
| [01:12] | I do know everything. donna… | 我的确什么事都知道 唐娜 | 
| [01:14] | I’m seeing you say that now, but anytime I want to make | 你现在是那么说 | 
| [01:16] | A substantive contribution… | 但每次我想有实质贡献时… | 
| [01:18] | You make plenty of substantive contributions. | 你是有很多实质贡献 比如说? | 
| [01:20] | Like what? this! | 这次就可算是实质贡献 | 
| [01:21] | This could be substantive. I need a raise. | 我需要加薪 | 
| [01:23] | So do i. | 我也需要加薪 你是我的老板 | 
| [01:24] | You’re my boss. | 我也需要加薪 你是我的老板 | 
| [01:26] | I’m not the one who pays you. | 又不是我付你的薪水 | 
| [01:27] | Yes, but you could recommend that I got a raise. | 对,但你可以建议给我加薪 | 
| [01:29] | Donna, she’s looking for me. | 唐娜,她在找我 | 
| [01:30] | Do you think this is a good time to talk about a raise? | 你想这是谈加薪的好时机吗? | 
| [01:33] | This is the best time to talk about a raise. | 这是谈加薪的最好时机 | 
| [01:35] | Donna, you’re not a very nice person. You gotta get to know me. | 唐娜,你心肠真是坏 | 
| [01:38] | Donna… | 你也该认清我了 | 
| [01:39] | ( heavy sigh ) | 唐娜 | 
| [01:40] | The best I can cobble together From the small shards of information | 从我在舆洗室和餐饮部 | 
| [01:43] | I’ve been able to overhear In the restroom and at the danish cart… | 偷听到的片段消息 | 
| [01:46] | Donna… | 唐娜 | 
| [01:48] | Is it possible that there’s a situation involving sam, a woman | 山姆是不是跟某个女人有状况 | 
| [01:50] | And c.j. Being denied information about something? Okay, here’s what I’m going to do… | 而茜洁却被蒙在鼓里 | 
| [01:56] | Hide in your office? | 好,我准备这么办 躲在你办公室里? | 
| [01:57] | No, I’m not going to “Hide in my office” | 不,我不会躲在办公室 | 
| [02:00] | I am going to go into my office And devise a strategy. | 我要进我办公室想出个策略 | 
| [02:04] | That is what i do. | 就这么办 | 
| [02:05] | I’m a professional. I’m not a little boy. | 我是专家,不是小孩 | 
| [02:07] | Mmm, that’s the spirit. | 就该有这种斗志 | 
| [02:08] | But if she calls, I’m at the dentist. | 她再打电话来就说我去看牙医 | 
| [02:10] | I’ll be back in an hour. got it. | 一小时后回来 | 
| [02:12] | ( screams ) | 懂了 啊呀 你可真是大笨蛋 罗伯洛 茉拉凯利 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 白宫风云 | 
| [02:15] | Wow, are you stupid. | |
| [03:06] | You can’t be mad at me for this. | 你不能为这件事对我发火 | 
| [03:07] | Really? listen… | 真的吗? 听我说… | 
| [03:09] | Let’s see if can find it in me. | 真的吗?看看我能不能 有没有理由发火 | 
| [03:11] | Wait– she was here? yes. | 怎么?她在里面吗? 对 | 
| [03:13] | Excuse us, donna? | 别打扰我们,唐娜 我怎么没注意到她 | 
| [03:14] | How did I miss that? | 别打扰我们,唐娜 我怎么没注意到她 | 
| [03:15] | I don’t know, but you can kiss that raise good-bye. | 我不知道,但你加薪无望了 | 
| [03:17] | Senior staff in five minutes. | 高级幕僚五分钟后开会 | 
| [03:19] | Thanks. A call girl? | 谢了 | 
| [03:22] | Here’s the thing. | 一个应召女郎? 问题是… | 
| [03:23] | A call girl, josh? | 一个应召女郎,乔西 | 
| [03:25] | You’re not asking if I’d like a call girl now, are you? | 你不是在问我 喜不喜欢应召女郎吧? | 
| [03:28] | Do you have any idea how serious this is? | 你知道这件事有多严重吗? | 
| [03:30] | I really don’t think it is that serious. | 问题是 我不认为这事有那么严重 | 
| [03:31] | Why not? | 为什么不严重? 你得记住几件事 | 
| [03:33] | Some things to bear in mind– | 为什么不严重? 你得记住几件事 | 
| [03:34] | First of all, he didn’t know | 第一,当他跟她睡觉时 他不知道她是应召女郎 | 
| [03:35] | That she was a call girl when he slept with her. | 第一,当他跟她睡觉时 他不知道她是应召女郎 | 
| [03:37] | He did not pay her money. | 他没付钱给她 | 
| [03:39] | He didn’t participate in, have knowledge of | 既不知道也没参与非法的事 | 
| [03:41] | Or witness anything illegal. | 并且也没涉及不道德 | 
| [03:43] | Or for that matter, unethical, immoral or suspect. | 或有伤风俗之虞 | 
| [03:46] | Okay, a couple things for you to bear in mind– | 好,你也记住几件事 | 
| [03:49] | None of that matters on hard copy! | 『内幕报导』才不会在乎这些 | 
| [03:51] | You’re overreacting. | 你这是反应过度 | 
| [03:52] | Am i? yes. | 是吗? 对 | 
| [03:54] | As women are prone to do? | 因为女人经常会这样? | 
| [03:55] | That’s not what I meant. | 我没那种意思 | 
| [03:56] | Yes, it is. | 你有 不,我没有 | 
| [03:57] | No, it isn’t. | 你一直都有那种意思 | 
| [03:58] | It’s always what you mean. | 你一直都有那种意思 你知道吗?茜洁 我是什么意思我自己最清楚 | 
| [03:58] | You know what, c.j.? | 你知道吗?茜洁 | 
| [04:00] | I think I’m the best judge of what I mean | 我是什么意思我自己最清楚 | 
| [04:01] | You paranoid berkeley shiksa feminista! | 你这伯克莱的病态女性主义者 | 
| [04:04] | Wow, that was way too far. | |
| [04:06] | No, no. | 哇,我说得太过分了 | 
| [04:08] | Well, I’ve got a staff meeting to go to | 不,不会 | 
| [04:11] | And so do you, you elitist, harvard, fascist | 我们都要去参加幕僚会议了 | 
| [04:14] | Missed-the-dean’s-list- two-semesters-in-a-row yankee jackass. | 你这哈佛法西斯精英 两学期没得院长奖的混蛋北佬 | 
| [04:21] | Feel better getting that off your chest there, c.j.? | 发泄得很痛快吧 | 
| [04:23] | I’m a whole new woman. | 简直就是全新的女人 | 
| [04:24] | You look like a million bucks, by the way. | 制片:李维林威尔斯 对了,你看起来身价不斐 | 
| [04:28] | Don’t try and make up with me. | 别妄想跟我讲和 编剧:艾伦索金 | 
| [04:29] | I’ll talk to sam. I’ll talk to sam. | 我会跟山姆谈谈 我会去跟山姆谈谈 | 
| [04:31] | Toby. hey. | 托比 嗨 | 
| [04:33] | How was last night? | 昨晚怎么样? 导演:马克巴克兰 | 
| [04:34] | The longest dinner of my life. | 那是我这辈子吃过最长的晚餐 | 
| [04:35] | The president was up from the table | 总统每五分钟离桌 | 
| [04:37] | Every five minutes Teeing off on cashman and berryhill. | 对卡斯曼和贝瑞西发火 | 
| [04:39] | He’s barking at the secretary of state. | 他对国务卿咆哮,吓坏费华利 | 
| [04:41] | He’s scaring the hell out of fitzwallace Which I didn’t think was possible. | 没想到老费也可能被吓坏 | 
| [04:44] | He’s snapping at the first lady. | 他也凶第一夫人 | 
| [04:45] | He’s talking about blowing up half of north africa… | 又说要轰掉半个北非洲 | 
| [04:47] | He’s snapping at mrs. Bartlet? | 他凶第一夫人? 也许这是好时机,可以告诉他 山姆和应召女郎的事 | 
| [04:49] | This may be a good time to tell the president | 也许这是好时机,可以告诉他 | 
| [04:50] | About sam and the call girl. | 山姆和应召女郎的事 | 
| [04:51] | She knows? yeah. | 她也知道了? 对 | 
| [04:53] | I’m afraid I have that information | 对,我也知道这件事了 | 
| [04:54] | And I’ll be in to see you, my friend, very shortly. | 我马上就要找你谈这事 | 
| [04:56] | How the hell did I get into trouble? | 我怎么又惹上麻烦了? | 
| [04:58] | Today? you got out of bed. | 今天吗? | 
| [04:59] | President: this is crap, leo. it’s been three days. | 你只要起床就有麻烦了 | 
| [05:02] | This is amateur hour. | 都是些废话,里奥 已经三天了,真没专业水准 | 
| [05:03] | Leo: cashman and berryhill | 卡斯曼和贝瑞西 必须修改反应模式 | 
| [05:04] | Have to revise the response scenario | 卡斯曼和贝瑞西 | 
| [05:05] | So that they speak to state’s concern… | 必须修改反应模式 好舒缓国务院的关切 | 
| [05:07] | Cashman and berryhill are dragging their feet. | 卡斯曼和贝瑞西在拖延时间 | 
| [05:09] | Cashman and berryhill are trying to make me look like a clown. | 他们想让我看起来像小丑 | 
| [05:12] | And state should concern itself | 而国务院该去关切 我要他们关切的事 | 
| [05:13] | With what I damn well tell them | 而国务院该去关切 | 
| [05:14] | To be concerned with. | 我要他们关切的事 | 
| [05:15] | Doesn’t work like that. | 事情不是那样运作的 我这会儿已经发现了 | 
| [05:16] | So I’ve discovered. | 事情不是那样运作的 我这会儿已经发现了 | 
| [05:18] | Good morning, mr. President. good morning. | 早安,总统 早 | 
| [05:19] | And moreover, you know that’s not the way it works. | 况且你也知道事情 不是那样运作的 | 
| [05:21] | The chiefs are moving as swiftly as they can | 参谋长已经尽速在处理了 | 
| [05:23] | Even though time isn’t a factor. | 事实上,时间因素并不重要 | 
| [05:25] | Good morning, mr. President. | 早,总统 早 | 
| [05:26] | Good morning. | 再说卡斯曼和贝瑞西 | 
| [05:28] | Cashman and berryhill have a reasonable point With respect to the security council. | 对安理会的看法很有道理 | 
| [05:31] | Mrs. Landingham, I can’t seem to find my glasses anywhere. | 蓝丁汉太太 我找不到我的眼镜 | 
| [05:34] | Could you please do whatever it is you do | 不管你怎么做 | 
| [05:36] | When I can’t find my glasses? | 去找出我的眼镜好吗? | 
| [05:37] | Certainly, sir. | 好的 | 
| [05:39] | It’s been 72 hours, leo. | 已经过了七十二小时,里奥 | 
| [05:40] | That’s more than three days Since they blew him out of the sky. | 他们把他打下来已经三天了 | 
| [05:42] | And I’m tired of waiting, damn it. This is candy ass. | 我不想再等了,这样太孬种 | 
| [05:44] | We’re going to draw up a response scenario today. | 我们今天就要做出回应计划 | 
| [05:47] | I’m going to give the order today. | 我今天就要下命令 今天就要反击 | 
| [05:48] | We’re going to strike back today. | 我今天就要下命令 | 
| [05:49] | I wish you wouldn’t say “Him,” mr. President. | 今天就要反击 | 
| [05:52] | What? | 总统先生,希望你别说『他』 | 
| [05:55] | Three days since they blew “Him” out of the sky? | 什么? 他们把他打下来已经三天了 | 
| [05:57] | Of course, that’s fine while it’s just you and me, sir | 只有我们两人时是无所谓 | 
| [05:59] | But in there, with fitzwallace and the chiefs | 当你进去跟费华利 和参谋首长在一起时 | 
| [06:01] | I hope you say “It” or “The airplane,” Not him. | ‘请说”它”或”飞机” 别说是”他”‘ | 
| [06:04] | You think I’m taking this personally. | 你认为我掺入个人感情在内? | 
| [06:05] | I think. | 我想… | 
| [06:07] | Why the hell shouldn’t I take it personally? | 我为什么不能掺入个人感情? | 
| [06:09] | I think the fact that morris was on the plane and… | 我想是因为莫瑞斯在飞机上 | 
| [06:12] | Americans were on that plane. | 是美国人在那架飞机上 | 
| [06:13] | I met morris four or five times. | 我见过莫瑞斯四、五次 | 
| [06:14] | Let’s not do this like he was my son. | 别把他说成像是我儿子 | 
| [06:16] | Mrs. Landingham! | 是 蓝丁汉太太 | 
| [06:17] | Mr. President, I still think we need to talk… | 总统先生,我们该谈谈… | 
| [06:20] | I can’t find my glasses. | 我到处都找不到眼镜 | 
| [06:21] | Yes, sir. We’re on it. | 是的,我们正在找 | 
| [06:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [06:23] | The director is waiting. | 主任在等你 | 
| [06:24] | Um… Yeah, let’s have him. | |
| [06:26] | What did you want to say? | 好,叫他们来吧 | 
| [06:27] | Nothing. | 你想要说什么吗? 没什么 | 
| [06:28] | You sure. | 你确定吗? 是的,我要开幕僚会议 | 
| [06:30] | Yeah, I got staff. | 你确定吗? 是的,我要开幕僚会议 | 
| [06:31] | I’ll see you in an hour. | 好,一小时后见面 谢谢 | 
| [06:32] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 | 
| [06:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [06:36] | Good morning. | 早 嗨,里奥 | 
| [06:37] | Good morning, leo. | 他的心情如何? | 
| [06:38] | Hi. How’s his mood? | 他的心情如何? | 
| [06:40] | “How’s his mood”? | 他的心情如何? 对 | 
| [06:41] | Yeah. don’t worry about it. | 别担心 托比说他… | 
| [06:42] | Toby said that… | 我说别担心 | 
| [06:43] | And I said don’t worry about it. | |
| [06:45] | Hey, sam, what do you know? | 山姆,你查出什么吗? | 
| [06:46] | It’s true. | 那是真的 | 
| [06:47] | You’re kidding me. | 你在开玩笑 | 
| [06:49] | I have the broadcast transcript. | 我有广播脚本 | 
| [06:50] | What broadcast? | 什么广播? | 
| [06:51] | Listen to this. | 你听听看 | 
| [06:53] | Congressman bertram coles, appearing on | 员伯传柯尔众议员在他的选区 | 
| [06:55] | The radio in his home district. | 上了广播节目 | 
| [06:56] | Right. the fifth. | 好 第五选区 | 
| [06:57] | Eastchester county, part of lofton. | 对 包括东契斯特郡和部分洛顿区 | 
| [06:59] | Where we just recommended | 我们刚建议过删除补助 | 
| [07:00] | Cuts in funding for the m-6 beacon. | 那儿制造的M型飞弹 | 
| [07:02] | What’d he say? | 他怎么说? | 
| [07:03] | He was on the broadcast | 他怎么说? | 
| [07:04] | Along with several officers from cromwell air force base | 他跟几位卡威尔空军基地 的军官一起上广播 | 
| [07:07] | When he said, regarding the president being weak on defense: | 他说总统的国防政策太软弱 | 
| [07:09] | “Folks down here are patriotic– | 本地人都很爱国,非常爱国 | 
| [07:11] | “Fiercely patriotic. | |
| [07:12] | “The president better not plan to visit this base. | 总统最好别来拜访本基地 | 
| [07:15] | If he does, he may not get out alive.” He said that. | 否则可能无法活着离开 | 
| [07:19] | You believe it? | 他真这么说吗? 你能相信吗? | 
| [07:20] | Sitting with military officers. yeah. | 他跟几位军官在一起? 对 | 
| [07:22] | Don’t take the bait. | 别中他的计 乔西 | 
| [07:22] | Josh… | 别中他的计 乔西 别中他的计 你最好相信我会中他的计 | 
| [07:23] | Don’t take the bait. | 别中他的计 你最好相信我会中他的计 | 
| [07:24] | I’m going to take the bait. | 托比 应该有法律禁止这种事 | 
| [07:26] | There ought to be a law against it. | 托比 应该有法律禁止这种事 | 
| [07:27] | There is. why’d you get him started? | 是有法律禁止这种事 你为什么要惹他? | 
| [07:29] | Threatening the life of the president. | 用威胁总统生命的罪名如何? | 
| [07:31] | He’s talking to other people. how about conspiracy? | 他跟别人谈这种事 用阴谋罪名如何 | 
| [07:33] | They were military officers. how about treason? | 还有军官牵涉在内 用叛国罪名如何 | 
| [07:35] | Toby… | 托比 他是我们自己的党员 民主党员居然说这种话 | 
| [07:36] | A member of our own party! | 他是我们自己的党员 | 
| [07:38] | That was a democrat who said that! | 民主党员居然说这种话 | 
| [07:40] | Hey, it’s bad. I know. | 我知道,这很不好 | 
| [07:42] | That’s it? | 就这样吗? | 
| [07:44] | What can you do? | 你想怎么办? | 
| [07:45] | Have the justice department | 叫司法部以谋杀罪嫌疑传讯他 | 
| [07:46] | Bring him in for questioning pending felony charges. | |
| [07:48] | Toby’s right– what’s the good of being in power | 托比说得对 | 
| [07:50] | If you can’t haul your enemies in for questioning? | 当了权还不能把政敌抓来侦讯 那又有什么意思? | 
| [07:53] | We’re really not going to do anything about this? | 这件事我们真不能做什么吗? | 
| [07:55] | Yeah, what we need to do | 对,托比,我们真该把 | 
| [07:56] | Is arrest people for being mean to the president. | 对总统无礼的人都抓起来 | 
| [07:58] | There is no law, there is no decency. | 无法无天,也没礼貌 | 
| [08:01] | He’s just getting that now. | 他终于懂了 | 
| [08:02] | Listen up– | 听好,万一今天下令攻击 | 
| [08:04] | In the event an attack order is given today We’ll need a half hour on the networks. | 我们需要卅分钟全国联播 | 
| [08:08] | Uh, when do they need to be told? | 什么时候需要通知他们? | 
| [08:09] | 90 minutes notice. | 九十分钟之前 | 
| [08:10] | Wait till the last minute. Toby– | 等到最后一刻 | 
| [08:12] | Work on a draft for the president. | 托比去替总统准备讲稿 | 
| [08:13] | I need to know what we’re hitting. | 我需要知道我们要攻击那里 | 
| [08:15] | Yeah, you and me both. | 对,你我都需要知道 里奥 | 
| [08:16] | Leo… | 这是军事行动,托比 | 
| [08:17] | It’s military. you’ll know when you know. | 你该知道时就会知道 | 
| [08:19] | Sam, coordinate with the state department guy… beach? | 山姆,跟国务院的人协调 是毕奇 | 
| [08:21] | And whoever the spokesperson is. hutchinson. | 还有那位发言人 贺奇生 | 
| [08:23] | Let’s do this right. | 这次把事情做对 | 
| [08:25] | Not much chance of that. | 机会不太大 | 
| [08:26] | We need to be fully stocked. | 我们需要全员到齐 | 
| [08:27] | State department officials, pentagon… We’ll need the embassy office… | 国务院、国防部和使馆人员 | 
| [08:30] | We should get mcmartin on board. | 该把麦马丁找来 他已在待命 | 
| [08:31] | He’s standing by. | 还有国防部的亚当李 去找他 | 
| [08:32] | And adamley at the pentagon. got him. | 还有国防部的亚当李 去找他 | 
| [08:34] | So you’re all set. good. | 你都准备好了? 很好 我们怎么告诉他们而不泄密? | 
| [08:35] | So how do we tell them what we know | 我们怎么告诉他们而不泄密? | 
| [08:36] | Without telling o.e.m. what we know? | 我们什么都不知道 所以那并不难 | 
| [08:38] | We don’t know anything. that shouldn’t be hard. | 山姆? 什么 | 
| [08:40] | Oh, samuel? yeah. | 午餐时请到我办公室来一下 | 
| [08:41] | Could you stop by my office around lunchtime? | 好 | 
| [08:43] | Sure. | 你想她知道了吗? | 
| [08:44] | Think she knows? yeah. | 对 | 
| [08:46] | Why? | 为什么? 她告诉我她知道了 | 
| [08:47] | She told me she knows. | 为什么? 她告诉我她知道了 | 
| [08:48] | Could you and I talk for a minute? | 我们是否该谈一下 | 
| [08:50] | Yeah, in my office. I’ll be right back. | 好,到我办公室 | 
| [08:51] | Hold on. Stay there. Toby. | 我马上回来,在那儿等一下 | 
| [08:56] | Yeah. | 托比 什么事? | 
| [08:57] | Did you hear what bertram coles said? | 你们听到伯传柯尔 在广播节目上说的话吗? | 
| [08:58] | Yeah. and…? | 有 那么… | 
| [08:59] | The secret service investigates | 有 那么… | 
| [09:01] | All threats made against the president. | 特勤组会调查 | 
| [09:02] | It’s white house policy not to comment | 所有对总统的威胁 | 
| [09:04] | On those investigations. | 白宫的政策是 | 
| [09:05] | Are you saying there will be | 不评论调查中的案件 | 
| [09:06] | A criminal investigation? | 你是说将会有犯罪调查吗? | 
| [09:10] | I really can’t comment on that right now. | 我目前不便置评 | 
| [09:12] | Damn, I got to get back to my office. | 该死,我得回办公室了 | 
| [09:21] | C.j.: the thing to say is that | 我想我们该说没有人会失望 | 
| [09:22] | No one here would be disappointed If no one paid attention to the process | 即使没人在乎程序 | 
| [09:25] | So maybe the thing will wear itself out. | 也许事情会自然平息 | 
| [09:27] | This is on agriculture? | 这是有关农业的事吗? | 
| [09:29] | Science and technology. Hey. | 是有关科技的 | 
| [09:32] | We’re done. | 我们谈完了 | 
| [09:36] | Hi. | |
| [09:37] | Hi. | |
| [09:41] | You wanted to see me. | 你想跟我谈话吗? 对 | 
| [09:42] | Yes. | 我想我知道原因 | 
| [09:43] | I think I know why. | 我想我知道原因 | 
| [09:45] | Do you? | 是吗? 是的 | 
| [09:46] | Yes, look… | 你早想到了,对吧 茜洁 | 
| [09:47] | You sussed it out, huh? | 你早想到了,对吧 茜洁 | 
| [09:48] | C.j.– let me tell you something, sam. | 山姆,你是个聪明人 | 
| [09:51] | You’re a smart guy, but if you and I could figure it out | 如果你我都能猜得到 | 
| [09:53] | What makes you think there’s no one in my press room | 你怎么认为我的新闻室里 | 
| [09:55] | Who could figure it out? | 没有别人猜得到? | 
| [09:56] | There’s nothing to figure out, c.j. | 没什么好猜的,茜洁 | 
| [09:58] | You can’t spend time with a call girl, you’ll get caught. | 你不能跟应召女郎在一起 山姆,你会被逮到的 | 
| [10:00] | Caught doing what? | 做什么事被逮到? 别跟我耍嘴皮 | 
| [10:02] | Don’t get cute with me. | 你该知道我跟她回家时 并不知道她是应召女郎 | 
| [10:02] | You are aware | 你该知道我跟她回家时 | 
| [10:03] | That I didn’t know | 并不知道她是应召女郎 | 
| [10:05] | She was a call girl, right? | 对,但你又找她,又去看她 | 
| [10:06] | But you went back to see her. | 对,但你又找她,又去看她 | 
| [10:07] | I went back to see her. | 我回去看她 | 
| [10:09] | I didn’t go back to solicit her. | 又不是去照顾她的生意 | 
| [10:10] | It doesn’t make a difference. | 没什么差别 当然有差别 | 
| [10:11] | It does make a difference. | 你是在白宫做事 你离椭圆形办公室只有五十尺 | 
| [10:12] | You work in the white house | 你是在白宫做事 | 
| [10:14] | 50 feet from the oval office, and you’re consorting… | 你离椭圆形办公室只有五十尺 | 
| [10:16] | Consorting?! | 你却跟个女人有染 有染?我是跟她交朋友 | 
| [10:18] | I’m friendly with a woman. I like this woman. | 我喜欢这个女人 | 
| [10:20] | This woman poses no threat to the president | 她对总统没有威胁 | 
| [10:22] | And it’s very likely that, owing to my friendship | 而且可能因为我的友谊 | 
| [10:24] | This woman may start living her life in bounds | 这女人会开始新生活 | 
| [10:26] | Ensuring for herself a greater future | 会有个美好的未来 | 
| [10:28] | And isn’t that what we’re supposed to be doing? | 这不正是我们所要做的吗? | 
| [10:30] | Oh… | 茜洁 | 
| [10:30] | C.j., this is ridiculous. I see… | 茜洁 我懂了 太荒谬了 | 
| [10:33] | You’re helping her see the error of her ways. | 你是去帮她认清她的错误 | 
| [10:34] | I’m there because i like her. | 我去是因为喜欢她 | 
| [10:36] | I’m there because it’s there that I’d be | 我去她那儿 | 
| [10:37] | If this were alcohol or drugs. | 并不是去喝酒或吸毒 | 
| [10:39] | I’m not sleeping with her. this isn’t tawdry. | 我不是去跟她上床睡觉 这并不下流 | 
| [10:41] | I don’t care what it is, I care what it looks like. | 我不管那是什么 我只在乎那看起来像什么 | 
| [10:44] | And I care what it is! | 而我在乎那是什么事 | 
| [10:45] | I think it’s time you all spent | 我们应该少花点时间 | 
| [10:47] | A little less time looking good and… | 注意表面上好看与否 | 
| [10:48] | …more time beinggood? yes. | 多花点时间… 去真正做好事? | 
| [10:50] | I’ve heard that one before. one other thing… | 对,我听过那种高调 还有件事… | 
| [10:52] | Are we done? when I say | 我们谈完了吧 | 
| [10:53] | “One other thing,” That means | 没有,山姆,我说还有件事 | 
| [10:55] | We’re not done, that there’s one other thing. | 就表示没谈完,还有件事 | 
| [10:57] | Yeah, I’m resenting the hell | 对,我现在非常痛恨这段谈话 | 
| [10:59] | Out of this conversation right now. | |
| [11:00] | It was tough to tell from your tone of voice. | 从你的语气还真听不出来 你想怎样? | 
| [11:02] | What do you want? I beg your pardon? | 什么? | 
| [11:03] | What’s the “One other thing”? | 还有件什么事? | 
| [11:05] | I’m your first phone call. | 我是你第一个应该通知的人 | 
| [11:06] | When? | 什么时候? | 
| [11:07] | Before, now, in the future | 过去现在和未来 | 
| [11:11] | Any time you’re into something and you don’t know what. | 只要你有事而不知道会怎样 | 
| [11:13] | And you can’t tell me that you thought there was nothing to it | 别说你认为那不算什么 | 
| [11:15] | ’cause you sat down with josh And you sat down with toby. | 因为你和乔西及托比谈了 | 
| [11:18] | Anytime you’re into something and you don’t know what | 只要你有事而不知道会怎样 就别隐瞒我 | 
| [11:20] | You don’t keep it from me. | 我是你第一个要通知的人 | 
| [11:22] | I’m your first phone call. | 是你的第一道防线 | 
| [11:23] | I’m your first line of defense. | 你得让我来保护你 你得让我来保护总统 | 
| [11:24] | You have to let me protect you | 你得让我来保护你 | 
| [11:25] | And you have to let me protect the president. | 你得让我来保护总统 | 
| [11:26] | Is that what this is about? | 就为了这码子事? | 
| [11:28] | What this is about, sam, is you’re a high-profile | 什么这码事?你是有身份 | 
| [11:30] | Very visible, much-noticed member… | 高知名度、受注目的人 | 
| [11:33] | Three things that mean the same. | 你刚说的三个词都是同样意思 | 
| [11:34] | You won’t let this go. | 这事是你自己大嘴巴说出来的 | 
| [11:35] | Can I go now, c.j.? | 我可以走了吗? | 
| [11:37] | Because what I think it’s about is you. | 我认为这件事完全在于你 | 
| [11:39] | Once again, letting the character cops win in a forfeit | 这又是一件 抹杀个人良心的事例 | 
| [11:41] | Because you don’t have the guts or the strength | 因为你没有胆识、力量 或勇气对大家说 | 
| [11:43] | Or the courage to say “We know what’s right from wrong | 我们知道是非对错 | 
| [11:46] | And this is none of your damn business!” | 这完全不关你们的事 | 
| [11:47] | Really. | 真的吗? 对 | 
| [11:49] | Yes! | 胆识、力量或勇气 对 | 
| [11:49] | Strength, guts or courage. | 胆识、力量或勇气 | 
| [11:51] | Yes! | 对 | 
| [11:57] | You just said three things that all mean the same thing. | 你刚说的三个词都是同样意思 | 
| [12:05] | C.j…. | 茜洁 我们谈完了,你可以走了 | 
| [12:07] | We’re done talking now. you can go. | 茜洁 我们谈完了,你可以走了 | 
| [12:17] | About the retaliatory strike– | 关于报复反击的事 | 
| [12:18] | Do you think we’re going to target… | 你认为我们会瞄准… | 
| [12:20] | I really don’t know what we’re going to target, sam. | 我不知道我们会瞄准什么 | 
| [12:21] | The commandant of the second division Doesn’t tend to include me in his thinking. | 第二师指挥官不会告诉我的 | 
| [12:28] | I’ll see you later. | 回头见 | 
| [12:29] | Count on it. | 那是一定的 | 
| [12:37] | You know what I was just thinking? | 你知道我在想什么吗? 想什么,上将? | 
| [12:39] | What’s that, admiral? | 这咖啡和我们常喝的不一样 | 
| [12:41] | This is different coffee than we usually have. | |
| [12:43] | Keep your seats. | 请坐 | 
| [12:46] | Fitzwallace: good morning, mr. President. | 早,总统先生 | 
| [12:50] | What have we got? | 有何对策? | 
| [12:52] | Three retaliatory strike scenarios. | 三项反击计划 | 
| [12:54] | Are they operational? at the president’s command. | 什么时候开始行动? 就等总统下令 | 
| [12:56] | No prep time? | 不用预演吗? 已经做过了 | 
| [12:57] | We’re there. | 不用预演吗? | 
| [12:59] | All three scenarios meet the obligations | 已经做过了 | 
| [13:00] | Of proportional response | 三项计划都很周延 符合对应性还击的要求 | 
| [13:01] | And pose minimum risk | 对我方人员和财产的威胁最小 | 
| [13:03] | To american personnel and assets. | 对我方人员和财产的威胁最小 | 
| [13:06] | Scenario one, or pericles one | 第一项计划 | 
| [13:07] | To use it’s code name… | 代号为『拥护者一号』 | 
| [13:09] | What is the virtue of a proportional response? | 对应性还击的好处是什么? | 
| [13:11] | I’m sorry? | |
| [13:14] | What is the virtue of a proportional response? | 什么? | 
| [13:16] | Why is it good? | 对应性还击的好处是什么 这有什么好处? | 
| [13:20] | They hit an airplane– | 他们打下我们的飞机 | 
| [13:21] | We hit a transmitter. | 我们就打他们的电台,对吧 | 
| [13:23] | Right? That’s a proportional response. | 那就是对应性还击 | 
| [13:25] | Sir, in the case of pericles… | 在『拥护者一号』计划里 | 
| [13:28] | They hit a barracks, we hit two transmitters. | 他们打一个碉堡 我们就打两座电台 | 
| [13:30] | That’s roughly it, yes, sir. | 大概是那样 | 
| [13:32] | This is what we do. | 那就是我们要做的 这就是我们的做法 | 
| [13:34] | I mean, this is what we do. | 对,那就是我们的做法 | 
| [13:35] | Yes, sir, it’s what we do. | 那就是我们一向的做法 | 
| [13:37] | It’s what we’ve always done. | 如果那就是我们的做法 | 
| [13:38] | Well, if it’s what we’ve always done | 他们不早就知道我们的做法 | 
| [13:40] | Don’t they know we’re going to do it? | 如果你仔细看 | 
| [13:42] | Sir, if you would turn your attention to pericles one… | 『拥护者一号』计划 | 
| [13:44] | I have turned my attention to pericles one. | 我看过『拥护者一号』计划 | 
| [13:46] | It’s two ammo dumps, an abandon railroad bridge | 它要炸两座军火库 一座废弃铁轨桥 | 
| [13:49] | And a syrian intelligence agency. | 还有叙利亚情报局 | 
| [13:50] | Those are four highly rated targets, sir. | 那是四个具有 高度重要性的目标 | 
| [13:53] | But they know we’re going to do that. | 但他们知道我们会那么做 | 
| [13:54] | They know we’re going do that. | |
| [13:56] | Those areas have been abandoned | 那些地方的人三天前就撤走了 | 
| [13:57] | For three days now. We know that from the satellite. | 看卫星资料就知道 | 
| [14:00] | We have the intelligence… sir… | 我们有情报… 先生 | 
| [14:01] | They did that, so we did this. | 他们这么做所以我们那么做 这是出事的代价 | 
| [14:03] | It’s the cost of doing business. | 一切都计算过了,对吧 总统先生 | 
| [14:05] | Mr. President… | 我说得对吗还是遗漏了什么 | 
| [14:06] | Am I right, or am I missing something here? | 我说得对吗还是遗漏了什么 | 
| [14:08] | No, sir, you’re right, sir. | 不,你说得对 | 
| [14:10] | Then I ask again | 那我再问一次 | 
| [14:12] | What is the virtue of a proportional response? | 对应性还击的好处在哪里 | 
| [14:15] | It isn’t virtuous, mr. President. | 没什么好处,总统先生 | 
| [14:17] | It’s… All there is, sir. | 事情就是这么回事 | 
| [14:19] | It is not all there is. | 事情没那么简单 | 
| [14:20] | Sir, admiral fitzwallace… excuse me, leo. | 总统先生,费华利上将是… 抱歉,里奥 | 
| [14:23] | Pardon me, mr. President, just what else is there? | 对不起,总统先生 那我们还有什么…? | 
| [14:25] | A disproportional response. | 不对应性的还击 | 
| [14:27] | Let the word ring forth | |
| [14:29] | From this time and this place, gentlemen– | 我们要在此时此地 | 
| [14:31] | You kill an american, any american | 把讯息传递出去 | 
| [14:33] | We don’t come back with a proportional response | 只要你杀一个美国人 我们不会只是对应性还击 | 
| [14:36] | We come back with total disaster! | 我们会做出全面毁灭性还击 | 
| [14:38] | Mr. President, are you suggesting | 总统先生 | 
| [14:40] | We carpet-bomb damascus? | 你是要全面轰炸大马士革吗? | 
| [14:42] | I am suggesting, general, that you and admiral fitzwallace | 我建议你、费华利上将 | 
| [14:45] | And secretary hutchinson and the rest of the national | 贺奇生国务卿和国安会 | 
| [14:47] | Security team take the next 60 minutes and put together | 利用接下来的一小时 | 
| [14:50] | An american response scenario that doesn’t make me think | 拟订回应计划 | 
| [14:53] | We are just docking somebody’s damn allowance! | 别用不关痛痒的行动来敷衍 | 
| [15:15] | Josh: I haven’t eaten lunch yet. | 我还没吃午餐 如果有人要去… | 
| [15:17] | If anyone’s going… | 你要什么? | 
| [15:18] | What do you want? | 你要什么? | 
| [15:19] | I would like salad, soup of some kind | 我要沙拉、一碗汤 | 
| [15:21] | And if you were to run across A sandwich, then hang the expense. | 有三明治更好,价钱无所谓 | 
| [15:24] | Right. | 好 | 
| [15:25] | And I would like a bottle of water. | 我还要一瓶水 | 
| [15:27] | This is charles young. | 这位是查理杨 | 
| [15:28] | I’m supposed to vet you. | 我要对你做身家调查 | 
| [15:29] | I-i beg your pardon? | 什么? | 
| [15:30] | Vet you. I’m supposed to vet you, investigate | 要对你做身家调查 | 
| [15:33] | To discover if there are problems. | 看看你有没有问题 | 
| [15:35] | I’m josh lyman, deputy chief of staff. | 我是乔西赖曼,副幕僚长 | 
| [15:37] | How are you? | 你好吗? | 
| [15:38] | Is it, uh… Charles? | 你叫查尔斯吗? 查理 | 
| [15:39] | Charlie. | 查理,请坐 | 
| [15:41] | Charlie, have a seat if you like. | 查理,请坐 | 
| [15:42] | I don’t mind standing. | 我可以站着 | 
| [15:43] | Donna! what? | 唐娜 | 
| [15:44] | Never mind the salad. | 什么 | 
| [15:45] | I’m not going to eat it anyway | 不用沙拉了,反正我也不会吃 | 
| [15:46] | But I would like a bottle of water | 好 | 
| [15:48] | As soon as humanly possible. | 但我希望尽快拿到一瓶水 | 
| [15:50] | Fine. | 好 | 
| [15:53] | So have a seat. | 请坐 | 
| [15:55] | I’m sure you understand why we have to go through this. | 我想你了解 我们必须完成这些手续 | 
| [15:57] | It’s a very sensitive job. | 这份工作很敏感也很辛苦 | 
| [15:59] | It’s also a very hard job. | |
| [16:00] | 20-hour days aren’t uncommon. | 一天经常工作二十小时 | 
| [16:02] | Long trips at the last minute. | 最后一分钟才通知要长途旅行 | 
| [16:03] | A lot of wait and hurry up. | 经常要等待或忙乱 | 
| [16:05] | Moreover, there will be times when you have To make yourself invisible in plain sight, as well as | 有时候你还得自行消失 | 
| [16:09] | An undeniable force in front of those | 有时候别人要更多时间 | 
| [16:10] | Who want more time than we want to give. | 我们却得坚守立场 | 
| [16:12] | Sometimes the people I’m talking about | 我说的人包括国王、总理 | 
| [16:14] | Will be kings and prime ministers. You understand so far? | 你懂吧? | 
| [16:17] | Uh, sir, I’m sorry, but I think | 对不起,我想有点误会 | 
| [16:20] | There’s been some kind of mistake. Really. | 真的吗? | 
| [16:23] | See, I came here, I filled out an application for… | 我来这里,我填了申请表… | 
| [16:25] | Yeah, I have your paperwork. | 我拿到你的文件了 | 
| [16:27] | Right. See, I came here. | 对,我是来应征信差的工作 | 
| [16:28] | I was looking for a job as a messenger. Yes. | 是的 | 
| [16:31] | I had an interview with miss dilaguardia | 我去跟狄拉格小姐口试 | 
| [16:33] | And she told me to wait. | 她叫我等一下 | 
| [16:33] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [16:34] | And then she told me to come here. | 然后她就叫我来这里 | 
| [16:36] | We asked miss dilaguardia to keep an eye out. | 对,因为我们要 狄拉格小姐注意一下 | 
| [16:38] | She’s recommending you for a different job. | 她推荐你担任另一份工作 | 
| [16:41] | Sir, if you don’t mind me asking… | 先生,如果你不介意我问… | 
| [16:42] | Personal aide to the president. | 是做总统的私人助理 | 
| [16:43] | You don’t have to call me “Sir.” | 你不用叫我先生 | 
| [16:45] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 | 
| [16:47] | A personal aide to the president. | 总统的私人助理 | 
| [16:48] | Traditionally a young guy 20, 25 years old, excels academically. | 通常是二十到二十五岁年轻人 | 
| [16:52] | Strong on personal responsibility and discretion. | 有好学术背景,强烈责任感 | 
| [16:55] | Presentable appearance. But, sir… | 有判断力和好仪表 | 
| [16:57] | We obviously get quite a few candidates | 我们当然有不少合格人选 | 
| [16:59] | Who meet those qualifications So the rest is just gut instinct. | 其余的就全凭直觉 | 
| [17:03] | Or you could bribe me. | 或者你也可以贿赂我… | 
| [17:06] | Sir, i, uh… | 先生,我… | 
| [17:07] | Seriously, charlie. | 说真的,查理 | 
| [17:08] | We call the president “Sir.” | 在这里只有对总统称呼先生 | 
| [17:10] | Everyone else is, “Hey, when am i | 其他人都是“我要的东西 | 
| [17:11] | Going to get that thing I asked for?” | 什么时候才到” | 
| [17:13] | Your water. | 水吗? 那不是…我们有点误会 | 
| [17:14] | There’s been a mistake. | 是啊,唐娜 我该走了 | 
| [17:15] | I’ll say. Donna! | 是啊,唐娜 | 
| [17:16] | I should go. | 我该走了 | 
| [17:17] | “Insuccessful”? | “非成功” | 
| [17:19] | What’s the problem? | 有什么问题? | 
| [17:20] | We’re not allowed to make up our own words. | 我想我们不该自己造字 | 
| [17:22] | Oh, and like there’s no chance it’s a typo? | 打错字也不行吗? | 
| [17:24] | Change it, would you? serious people are | 去改掉,认真的人会看出来 | 
| [17:26] | Going to read that. | |
| [17:30] | Charlie, you’re standing again. | 查理,你又站起来了 | 
| [17:32] | Well, see, I came here for a messenger job. Why aren’t you in college? | 我是来应征信差工作 | 
| [17:36] | Well… You know, these transcripts– | 你为什么没上大学? | 
| [17:38] | Your grades are better than mine. | 你的成绩单 | 
| [17:39] | Mr. Lyman… | 你的成绩比我好多了 | 
| [17:41] | Well, not really, but they’re close. | 赖曼先生,我… 不尽然啦,但很接近 | 
| [17:43] | It was an easy school. | 那所学校很容易念 | 
| [17:44] | No, come on, i-i’m looking | 不,我在看指导老师的推荐信 | 
| [17:45] | At recommendations from guidance counselors. I’m looking at a.c.t. Scores. | 还看了你的ACT成绩 | 
| [17:48] | You didn’t want to go to college? | 你不想上大学? | 
| [17:50] | Well, i-i have a little sister at home. | 我家里有个小妹 | 
| [17:52] | You take care of her? | 你在照顾她? | 
| [17:54] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 | 
| [17:55] | Your parents are gone? | 你父母都不在了? | 
| [17:57] | My mom, she’s a police officer. | 我妈是个女警 | 
| [17:59] | She was shot and killed on duty a few months ago. | 几个月前在执勤时被杀了 | 
| [18:05] | Five months ago. | 五个月前 | 
| [18:21] | Keep your seats. | 请坐 | 
| [18:25] | There’s a delegation of cardiologists | 有一群心脏专家在蓝室拍照 | 
| [18:27] | Having their pictures taken in the blue room. | |
| [18:29] | You wouldn’t think you could find a group of people | 你们会以为再也没有别人 | 
| [18:31] | More arrogant than the 15 of us | 会比我们十五个人更自大 | 
| [18:32] | But there they are, right upstairs in the blue room. | 但是就有 | 
| [18:35] | You called me? | 那些人就在楼上的蓝室里 | 
| [18:37] | Yes, sir. | 你找我吗? 是的 | 
| [18:38] | Mr. President, we’ve put together | 总统先生,我们拟订了计划 | 
| [18:41] | A scenario by which we attack hassan airport. | 攻击哈山机场的 | 
| [18:44] | There’s three main terminals and two runways. | 三个航站和两条跑道 | 
| [18:46] | In addition to the civilian casualties | 除了百姓伤亡可达上千人之外 | 
| [18:48] | Which could register in the thousands | |
| [18:50] | The strike would temporarily cripple | 这项攻击将让当地 | 
| [18:52] | The region’s ability to receive Medical supplies and bottled water. | 无法补给到医疗品和饮水 | 
| [18:56] | Now, I think mr. Cashman and secretary hutchinson | 卡斯曼和贺奇生国务卿 会告诉你已经知道的事实 这项攻击会被国内外认为 是新手统帅的过度反应 | 
| [18:59] | Would each tell you what I’m sure you already know, sir | |
| [19:02] | That this strike would be seen | |
| [19:04] | Both at home and abroad | |
| [19:06] | As a staggering overreaction | |
| [19:08] | By a first-time commander-in-chief | |
| [19:10] | And without the support of our allies | 没有盟邦或西方友邦会支持 | 
| [19:12] | Without a western coalition | |
| [19:13] | Without great britain and japan | 英国、日本和国会也不会支持 | 
| [19:16] | And without congress | |
| [19:17] | You’ll have doled out | 你无异是对五十元的小罪 | 
| [19:19] | Over $5,000 worth of punishment For a 50-buck crime, sir. | 施以五千元的惩罚 | 
| [19:25] | Mr. President A proportional response | 总统先生,对应性还击 | 
| [19:28] | Doesn’t empty the options box for the future The way an all-out assault would… | 不表示以后不能展开全面攻击 | 
| [19:35] | ( clearing throat ) | 谢谢 | 
| [19:39] | Does, uh, anyone have a cigarette? | 谁有香烟? | 
| [19:56] | This other plan. | 那另一个计划 『拥护者一号』,先生 | 
| [19:58] | Pericles one, sir. | 『拥护者一号』 不会有百姓伤亡吗? | 
| [19:59] | Pericles one, yes. | 『拥护者一号』 | 
| [20:00] | No civilian casualties? | 不会有百姓伤亡吗? | 
| [20:03] | We can’t promise that, sir. | 我们不能保证 | 
| [20:05] | But you’re as certain as you can be? | 但你们会尽量避免 | 
| [20:07] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 | 
| [20:09] | And what are the military implications? | 这在军事上有何意义? | 
| [20:11] | We’ll cripple both their intelligence network | 我们会瘫痪他们的情报网 | 
| [20:13] | And their surface-to-air strike capability. | 和地对空防御能力 | 
| [20:15] | Very well. | 很好 | 
| [20:28] | How does this work? | 该怎么进行? | 
| [20:30] | You give me the go order, sir. ( sighs ) | 你对我下达执行命令 | 
| [20:53] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 | 
| [21:09] | This is fitzwallace. | 我是费华利,总统已下令攻击 | 
| [21:10] | I have a go order from the president. Start the clock on pericles one. | 『拥护者一号』开始计时 | 
| [21:15] | Standby for confirmation code. | 准备确认指令 | 
| [21:19] | We’re underway. | 执行中 | 
| [21:29] | Well done, mr. President. | 干得好,总统先生 | 
| [21:33] | 50-buck crime? | 五十元的小罪? | 
| [21:36] | I honestly don’t know what the hell we’re doing here. | 我真是不懂 我们到底在这里做什么? | 
| [21:44] | Charlie, I’ve got some questions for you here | 查理,这里有些问题是顾问室 | 
| [21:46] | From the counsel’s office As well as the department of treasury | 财政部和安全室要问的 | 
| [21:49] | And the office of internal security. | 这些只是例行问题 | 
| [21:50] | These questions are routine. | 没什么好担心,准备好了吗? | 
| [21:52] | There’s no cause for concern. | 赖曼先生… 你有过试图颠覆政府吗? | 
| [21:53] | Have you ever tried to overthrow the government? | 赖曼先生… 你有过试图颠覆政府吗? | 
| [21:55] | Is it because the messenger job is not available anymore? | 是不是信差工作没有了 | 
| [21:58] | Because maybe if I came back at a different time… | 也许我该下次再来 | 
| [22:00] | Charlie, this job’s actually better | 这份工作比信差好多了 | 
| [22:02] | Than the messenger job. | |
| [22:03] | It pays more, you don’t have to ride | 薪水多又不用骑单车满街跑 | 
| [22:04] | Around town on a bicycle | |
| [22:06] | And instead of being a messenger, you get to be | 而且你不是信差 | 
| [22:08] | Personal aide to the president. | 可以当上总统的私人助理 | 
| [22:09] | I see, so maybe if I come back… | 我懂了,也许我下次再… 嗨,山姆 | 
| [22:11] | Hey, sam. | 这是山姆希朋,新闻副主任 | 
| [22:12] | This is sam seaborn | 这是山姆希朋,新闻副主任 | 
| [22:14] | Deputy communications director. | 这是查理杨 他来应征泰德的工作 | 
| [22:15] | This is charlie young. | 这是查理杨 他来应征泰德的工作 | 
| [22:16] | He’s here for ted’s job. | 幸会,别站起来 | 
| [22:17] | It’s nice to meet you. | |
| [22:18] | Um… I was here for the messenger job. | 我是来应征信差工作的 | 
| [22:20] | Debbie’s got an eye for personnel. | 黛比很有识人之明 | 
| [22:22] | I’ve got a driver’s license and my own bike, so… | 我有驾照又有自己的单车… | 
| [22:24] | I got more questions. | 我还要问你一些问题 | 
| [22:25] | Ever tried to overthrow the government? | 你有过试图颠覆政府吗? | 
| [22:27] | No, sir. | 没有,先生 | 
| [22:28] | What the hell’s been stopping you? | 那你为何不试试看呢 | 
| [22:30] | Seriously, charlie. | 说真的,查理 | 
| [22:31] | I got to ask you about your personal life. | 我要问你些私人问题 | 
| [22:33] | No, you don’t. | 不,你不会 | 
| [22:36] | Yes, I do. | 我会 | 
| [22:38] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [22:39] | Because I do. | 因为我会 | 
| [22:41] | Charlie, are you going to come to work early, stay late | 查理,你会早上班晚下班 | 
| [22:44] | Do your job efficiently and discretely? | 有效率又谨慎地干活吗? | 
| [22:46] | Well, as I was saying to mr. Lyman… | 就像我告诉赖曼先生… | 
| [22:47] | Thank you. What more do you need to know? | 谢谢,你还需要知道什么? | 
| [22:50] | Charlie, I wonder if you could tell me | 查理,说说你的社交生活 | 
| [22:53] | About your social life? | 你的交友、你的嗜好 | 
| [22:54] | Your friends, what you like to do. | 乔西,我真不相信你会这样 | 
| [22:55] | I cannot believe you. | 山姆 | 
| [22:56] | Sam. | 我有个妹妹迪娜 | 
| [22:58] | Well, th-there’s my sister, deanna, and, um… | 抱歉 | 
| [23:00] | I-i’m sorry, I’m not sure what you’re asking. | 我不确定你想问什么 | 
| [23:02] | He’s asking if you’re gay, charlie | 他问你是不是同性恋 | 
| [23:04] | And I wouldn’t answer the damn question. | 我就不会回答这种问题 | 
| [23:06] | All right, that’s it, let’s take a walk. | 够了,山姆,我们去走走 | 
| [23:08] | Feel free to sue our asses off. | 你尽管来告我们 | 
| [23:09] | I’ll represent you, if you like. | 如果你需要,我可以代表你 | 
| [23:11] | Let’s go. What the hell was that all about? | 走吧 | 
| [23:14] | It’s ridiculous. | 你到底在干什么? 这太荒谬了 | 
| [23:15] | It’s not all that ridiculous. | 没那么荒谬 | 
| [23:17] | I know right from wrong. | 我知道什么是对是错 | 
| [23:18] | It’s not like you didn’t know | 你接受这工作时就知道 | 
| [23:19] | You were going to be held To a higher standard when you took this job. | 这需要较高的道德标准 | 
| [23:22] | I don’t mind being held to a higher standard. | 我不介意有高道德标准 但介意被看成低道德标准 | 
| [23:24] | I mind being held to a lower one. | 山姆,你太食古不化 | 
| [23:26] | Sam, digging your heels in on this… | 看谁在说这种话? | 
| [23:27] | Look who’s talking. | 我懂了 食古不化? | 
| [23:28] | Digging my heels in? | 我是说… | 
| [23:29] | Another word for that | 另一种讲法是有原则,对吧 | 
| [23:31] | Would be “Principled,” Right? | 我只是说… 到里奥的办公室来 | 
| [23:32] | Leo’s office. | 什么? 要行动了 | 
| [23:33] | What? | 什么? | 
| [23:34] | It’s happening. | 要行动了 | 
| [23:36] | He’s right here. | 他在这里 | 
| [23:37] | It’s happening? | |
| [23:38] | Yeah, that’s what I hear. | 要行动了吗? 对,我是这么听说的 | 
| [23:40] | The order was given at 1627, code name– pericles one. | 四点二十七分下令的 代号是『拥护者一号』 | 
| [23:44] | Four targets, all military. | 攻击四个军事目标 | 
| [23:46] | Two munitions dumps in northern rashan | 北拉山的两个军火库 | 
| [23:48] | Saffian bridge and i.h.q. | 沙芬桥和情报总部 | 
| [23:49] | What’s the estimated time? | 大约什么时候轰炸的? | 
| [23:50] | About 6:30 eastern. | 大约什么时候轰炸的? 大约美东时间六点半 | 
| [23:51] | You can come to the sit room in 20 minutes | 大约美东时间六点半 | 
| [23:53] | For a weapons briefing. | 二十分钟后到战情室 听取武器简报 | 
| [23:55] | In the meantime, toby, sam | 托比,山姆,总统九点上电视 | 
| [23:56] | The president will go on network at 9:00. So start zeroing in. | 开始掌握状况 | 
| [24:01] | Hey, guys, no phone calls in or out. | 各位,电话不准进出 | 
| [24:04] | And c.j. | 茜洁,不能透露给媒体 | 
| [24:05] | Nothing to the press Till you get the high sign from me. | 除非我许可,不准先动 | 
| [24:08] | They’ll wonder what all the fuss is about. | 他们会怀疑发生什么事 | 
| [24:09] | Then let’s not have any fuss. | 那就别让他们起疑 | 
| [24:11] | I could use a few minutes with the president at some point. | 在这期间我需要跟总统 谈几分钟 | 
| [24:14] | You and me both. | 你跟我俩都需要 我不是开玩笑,里奥 | 
| [24:15] | I’m not kidding, leo. this is the first… | 他会在那儿 这是第一次… 他会在那儿,茜洁 | 
| [24:17] | He’ll be there. | 他会跟我谈吗? 会 | 
| [24:18] | You’ll talk to me? | 他会跟我谈吗? | 
| [24:19] | Yes. | 会 | 
| [24:26] | How you doing? | 你还好吗? | 
| [24:29] | Fine. | 很好 | 
| [24:31] | Leo, toby says he’s snapping at the first lady. | 里奥,托比说他凶第一夫人 | 
| [24:33] | Not now, josh, okay? | 现在不谈这事,乔西 | 
| [24:35] | I mean, you’re right, but not now. | 你是对的,但现在不行 好 | 
| [24:38] | Margaret. | 玛格 | 
| [24:39] | Hey, leo, can I ask you a question? | 里奥,我能问个问题吗? | 
| [24:42] | What? | 什么 | 
| [24:44] | I’m interviewing this kid for ted miller’s job | 我在面试接泰德工作那小伙子 他是很特别的孩子 | 
| [24:46] | And he’s a real special kid. | 他在学校成绩很好 他太害怕,所以有点口齿不清 | 
| [24:47] | He’s applied himself in school. | 他在学校成绩很好 | 
| [24:49] | I’m sure he’d be articulate if he weren’t terrified. | 他太害怕,所以有点口齿不清 | 
| [24:52] | He’s postponing college | 他延后上大学 | 
| [24:53] | Till his sister gets out of high school. | 等他妹妹高中毕业 | 
| [24:55] | Where are the parents? | 他的父母呢? 父亲早去世了 母亲曾是华府的制服员警 | 
| [24:56] | Father’s long gone. | 父亲早去世了 | 
| [24:58] | His mother was a uniform cop here in d.c. | 母亲曾是华府的制服员警 | 
| [24:59] | Was? | 曾经是? | 
| [25:01] | She was shot and killed in the line five months ago. | 她五个月前执勤时被枪杀 | 
| [25:05] | I really like him, leo. | 我很喜欢他,我想雇用他 | 
| [25:07] | I want to hire him. What’s the problem? | 那还有什么问题? | 
| [25:10] | He’s black. | 他是个黑人 | 
| [25:11] | So is the attorney general And the chairman of the joint chiefs. | 司法部长和参谋首长都是 | 
| [25:14] | They don’t hold the door open for the president. | 他们不用替总统开门 你在说什么… | 
| [25:16] | I’m not wild about the visual. | 我在考虑视觉效果 | 
| [25:17] | A young black man holding his overnight bag. | 一个年轻黑人替他拿舆洗包 | 
| [25:21] | Josh, I hold the door | 乔西,我也替总统开门 | 
| [25:22] | Open for the president. | 那是一份荣誉 | 
| [25:23] | It’s an honor. | 这是很严肃的工作 不是在作秀 | 
| [25:25] | This is serious business, this isn’t casting. | 这是很严肃的工作 不是在作秀 | 
| [25:27] | We get the guy for the job | 让他先做那份工作 我们再看看情形 | 
| [25:28] | And we take it from there. | 好 | 
| [25:29] | Good. | 好 | 
| [25:31] | And I’m fairly sure I’m right about this. | 我相信我的决定是对的 | 
| [25:34] | Yeah, good. | 对,很好 | 
| [25:36] | Two hours. | 两小时 | 
| [25:37] | A little less. | 不到两小时 | 
| [25:39] | Leo. | 里奥,什么事? | 
| [25:40] | Yes? | 费华利参谋首长 | 
| [25:41] | Chairman fitzwallace. | 请他进来 | 
| [25:42] | Send him in. | |
| [25:43] | We’ll be fine. | 我们会没事的 | 
| [25:45] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [25:47] | Oh, things have moved | 自我上次来过后 | 
| [25:48] | Since I’ve been in this office last. | 这里变动不少嘛 | 
| [25:49] | How are you, admiral? | 你好吗?上将,我是乔西赖曼 | 
| [25:50] | Josh lyman. | |
| [25:51] | Josh, you don’t have to introduce yourself. | 乔西,你不用自我介绍 我很好,谢谢 | 
| [25:54] | Tough day. | 这一天很辛苦 | 
| [25:55] | Fitzwallace: it’ll be a lot tougher | 这一天很辛苦 | 
| [25:56] | On them then on us. | 他们会比我们更辛苦 | 
| [25:58] | Good. | 很好 | 
| [26:01] | You’re going to have to set him down, leo. | 你得让他保持冷静,里奥 | 
| [26:03] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [26:04] | He’s going to have | 他等一下要对全国讲话 | 
| [26:05] | To talk to the country a little bit. | |
| [26:07] | This is not the last one of these we’re going to have to do. | 这次行动不会是最后一次 | 
| [26:09] | But you’re going to have to set him down. | 你得让他保持冷静 | 
| [26:11] | Any advice? | 有什么建议吗? | 
| [26:13] | Oh, it’s not my place. | 那不是我的角色 | 
| [26:14] | Yeah, it is. | 是的 | 
| [26:16] | Tell him it’s always like this the first time. | 告诉他第一次总是那样 | 
| [26:19] | Tell him he’s doing fine. | 告诉他他做得很好 | 
| [26:20] | He’s not doing fine. | 他做得不好 | 
| [26:22] | Yeah, he is. | 他做得很好 | 
| [26:23] | Presidents don’t make new friends. | 总统交不到新朋友 | 
| [26:25] | That’s why they’ve got to hang onto their old ones. | 所以必须保住旧朋友 | 
| [26:26] | You’ll know what to say. | 你会知道该说些什么 | 
| [26:29] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [26:30] | Oh, hey, fitz? | 嘿,老费 什么事? | 
| [26:32] | The president’s personal aide. | 总统的私人助理 | 
| [26:33] | They’re looking at a kid. | 他们看上一个小伙子 | 
| [26:35] | You have any problem with a young black man | 你反对一个年轻黑人 | 
| [26:36] | Waiting on the president? | 服侍总统吗? | 
| [26:38] | I’m an old black man and I wait on the president. | 我是个老黑人 我也在服侍总统 | 
| [26:41] | The kid’s got to carry his bags and… | 那孩子会替他拿袋子之类 | 
| [26:44] | You going to pay him a decent wage? | 你会付他很好的薪水吗? 会 | 
| [26:45] | Yeah. | 你在工作场所会尊重他吗? 会 | 
| [26:46] | Treat him with respect in the workplace? | 你在工作场所会尊重他吗? 会 | 
| [26:48] | Yeah. | 那我还在乎什么? | 
| [26:49] | Then why should I care? That’s what I thought. | 我也这么想 | 
| [26:51] | I got some real honest-to-god battles to fight. | 我还有几场硬战要打 | 
| [26:54] | I don’t have time for the cosmetic ones. | 没时间做表面工作 | 
| [26:56] | Thanks, admiral. | 谢了,上将,祝你好运 | 
| [26:57] | Good luck. | |
| [26:58] | See you later. | 回头见 | 
| [27:01] | Evening, toby. | 晚安,托比 | 
| [27:03] | Evening, sir. sorry I can’t stop. | 晚安,抱歉,我不能停下来 走吧 | 
| [27:04] | Go. | 攻击评估报告呢? | 
| [27:05] | Estimated b.d.a.? | 攻击评估报告呢? | 
| [27:07] | It’s my first bombing, I don’t know yet. | 我的第一次轰炸,我还不知道 | 
| [27:08] | Toby, you need help? | 托比,你需要帮忙吗? 不用 | 
| [27:09] | No. | 希拉,如果你需要我 | 
| [27:11] | Sheila, if you need me for anything… | |
| [27:13] | I’m standing here with absolutely nothing to do. | 我就站在这里,什么事也没有 | 
| [27:17] | Cathy: white house communications. | 白宫连络室 | 
| [27:18] | I’m sorry, toby’s not available | 抱歉,托比没空讲电话 | 
| [27:20] | To speak on the phone at the moment. | 抱歉,托比没空讲电话 | 
| [27:22] | No, sam’s not available either. | 不行,山姆也没空 | 
| [27:24] | Why is no one available to speak on the phone? | 为什么没人有空讲电话? | 
| [27:27] | They’re planning my surprise party. | 我不知道 他们在准备给我开惊喜派对 | 
| [27:29] | “Unprovoked and cold-blooded.” | 无理由又冷血的 还需要第三个… | 
| [27:30] | It needs a third. | 托比 快一点 | 
| [27:31] | Toby? | 托比 快一点 | 
| [27:32] | Quickly. | 是AGM―84E―SLAM | 
| [27:33] | The agm-84e-slam. | 是AGM―84E―SLAM | 
| [27:34] | Cathy, sam cut the paragraph ten minutes ago. | 凯茜,山姆十分钟前 删掉了这一段 | 
| [27:37] | Coming out on the red-line. | 那是划了红线的 | 
| [27:38] | The 84e-slam? | |
| [27:39] | “Stand-off land attack missile.” | 代表地面攻击飞弹 | 
| [27:41] | Distinguish it from the agm-84d, or harpoon | 它和AGM―84E 鱼叉飞弹不同 | 
| [27:43] | Which is an anti-ship missile. | 这些是反舰飞弹 | 
| [27:45] | Thank you. | 谢了 | 
| [27:47] | “Unwarranted, unprovoked.” | 第三个形容词 不必要的 | 
| [27:48] | Yes, and “Cold-blooded.” | 对,和冷血的,不必要的 | 
| [27:49] | “Unwarranted…” “Unprovoked…” | 又毫无理由的 | 
| [27:50] | And “Cold-blooded.” | 又冷血 我只需要… | 
| [27:52] | Where are you…? two seconds. | 两秒,只要两秒 | 
| [27:53] | Just two seconds. | |
| [27:56] | C.j. | 茜洁 | 
| [28:00] | Listen… | 听着 什么事? | 
| [28:01] | What? | 听着 | 
| [28:02] | I’m sorry about before. | 什么事? | 
| [28:03] | Yeah. | 我为刚才的事道歉 好 | 
| [28:04] | I’m just really very fond of her is all. | 我只是很喜欢她 | 
| [28:07] | Go back to work. | 回去工作吧 | 
| [28:09] | Right. | 好 | 
| [28:17] | Man: c.j., what’s all the activity. | 茜洁,你们在忙什么? 哪有什么忙? | 
| [28:19] | What activity? | 茜洁,少来了 | 
| [28:20] | Fitzwallace was in leo’s office. | 费华利去了里奥的办公室 | 
| [28:22] | Admiral fitzwallace is chairman of the joint chiefs. | 费华利上将 是参谋首长联席会主席 | 
| [28:24] | Leo mcgarry is white house chief of staff. | 里奥马加瑞是白宫幕僚长 本人茜洁负责招待各位 开始问吧 | 
| [28:26] | I’m your host c.j. let’s play our game. | 是不是要发生了? 没有 | 
| [28:27] | Is it happening? | 是不是要发生了? 没有 | 
| [28:27] | No. | 如果发生了你知道吗? 各位 | 
| [28:29] | Why all the activity? | 为什么这么忙? | 
| [28:30] | Menudo’s in the building. | 曼奴度在这大楼,我得走了 | 
| [28:32] | C.j. | 茜洁 | 
| [28:33] | I honestly think you of all people… | 我没想到你会… | 
| [28:35] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 | 
| [28:36] | I haven’t called a full lid. | 丹尼,我又没封锁消息 | 
| [28:37] | There’ll be a briefing | 如果总统下令军事行动 | 
| [28:39] | If the president has engaged the use of military force. | 一定会有简报的 | 
| [28:41] | Thanks. Since I’ve only been a white house reporter | 谢了,我当白宫记者七年了 | 
| [28:43] | For seven years I appreciate your clearing that up. | 很高兴你澄清这一点 | 
| [28:48] | What? | 什么事? | 
| [28:51] | Not for nothing, but I know sam seaborn’s been going around | 不是空穴来风,我知道山姆 | 
| [28:56] | With a $3,000- a-night call girl | 跟三千元一晚的妓女来往 | 
| [28:58] | And I thought you should know that I know. | 我想你该知道我已经知道了 | 
| [29:02] | Ask me inside, c.j. | 叫我进去谈吧,茜洁 | 
| [29:04] | Inside. | 进来 | 
| [29:23] | Where’s charlie? | 查理在那里? | 
| [29:25] | He’s filling out his employment stuff at personnel. | 他在人事室填雇员表 | 
| [29:27] | How’s he doing? | 他还好吧 | 
| [29:28] | He looked pretty freaked. | 他好像很紧张 | 
| [29:30] | He’s a gamer. I can pick ’em. | 他有潜力,我看得出来 | 
| [29:33] | If you say so. | 我没意见 | 
| [29:41] | I have nothing to do. | 我没事可做 | 
| [29:43] | I can see. | 我看得出来 | 
| [29:45] | Whoa. | 哇,抱歉 | 
| [29:47] | Excuse me. | |
| [29:48] | Everyone running around | 每个人都很忙乱 | 
| [29:50] | Like the future of the world depends on it | 好像世界的未来全靠他们 | 
| [29:52] | Which I suppose it does. | 我想也的确是 | 
| [29:53] | Everyone running around, working. | 每个人忙乱地工作 | 
| [29:55] | Me, I got nothing to do. | 我却没事可做 | 
| [29:56] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [29:58] | Like a writer on a movie set. | 就像在拍片现场的作家 | 
| [30:01] | Have you ever been on a movie set? | 你到过拍拍片现场吗? | 
| [30:03] | No, but I hear stories. | 没有,但我听过很多故事 | 
| [30:06] | You want to do mail? | 你要帮忙分信件吗? | 
| [30:08] | At least there’s some comfort in knowing that | 起码我们已经知道 | 
| [30:11] | Whatever is going to happen today has already happened. | 今天要发生的事已发生了 | 
| [30:13] | Josh, your office sucks. | 乔西,你的办公室烂透了 | 
| [30:16] | I don’t understand it. | |
| [30:17] | Why can’t you tell me | 我真不懂,为什么你不能 | 
| [30:19] | That there is a person in my office? | 告诉我办公室里有人 | 
| [30:21] | Hey, the first time, I didn’t know. | 第一次我真的不知道 | 
| [30:23] | The second time, I didn’t care that much. | 第二次我已不在乎了 | 
| [30:25] | I mean it, it’s a hole. | 我说真的,简直像个洞 | 
| [30:29] | Why are you here? | 你为什么来这里? | 
| [30:30] | I start work next week. | 我下周开始上班 | 
| [30:32] | I came to get psyched. | 我来熟悉环境 | 
| [30:34] | You picked a really bad time to get psyched. | 你挑了很坏的时机来熟悉环境 | 
| [30:36] | Because the president gave the attack order | 因为总统下令攻击 | 
| [30:38] | And you’re getting ready to go on the air? | 你准备上电视了吗? | 
| [30:40] | No, it’s because… | 不,是因为… | 
| [30:41] | Please, josh, everyone’s running around | 拜托,乔西,每个人 | 
| [30:43] | Looking casual. | 都忙着装出若无其事的样子 | 
| [30:44] | Toby and sam are locked in with the speech writers. | 托比和山姆跟撰稿员都在忙 | 
| [30:46] | You have nothing to do. | 而你却没事做 | 
| [30:47] | What is it, an i.h.q.? | 这次是轰炸那里? 情报总部跟几个军火库? | 
| [30:48] | A couple of armories? | 这次是轰炸那里? 情报总部跟几个军火库? | 
| [30:49] | You want to say it a little louder, mandy? | 你尽管说大声点,��蒂 | 
| [30:51] | I don’t think syrian air defense command heard you. | 好让叙利亚国防部听到 | 
| [30:53] | I brought you a present. | 我带了礼物给你 | 
| [30:55] | Why are you being nice to me? | 你为什么对我这么好 | 
| [30:57] | Because I’m psyched to get started with work. | 因为我要开始上班 有点兴奋过了头 | 
| [30:59] | It’s been pretty bad around here since it happened. | 事件发生后,这里就一团乱 | 
| [31:01] | I had a hunch. | 我看得出来 | 
| [31:03] | A combination of american lives and morris. | 美国人和莫瑞斯丧生 | 
| [31:06] | The idea of using any force at all. | 再加上使用武力 | 
| [31:08] | He always said he’d be in his head. | 我们一直说他很有脑筋 | 
| [31:10] | He wasn’t ready for it. | 他还没准备好 | 
| [31:11] | How do you get ready for it? | 这种事怎么准备? | 
| [31:12] | What’d you bring me? | |
| [31:14] | What? | 你带给我什么? 什么? | 
| [31:16] | I want my present. | 我要我的礼物 | 
| [31:17] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [31:21] | It’s a picture I found. | 是我找到的照片 | 
| [31:23] | A picture of you and me… | |
| [31:25] | And someone’s drawn all over my face with a magic marker. | 是你我的合照 有人用签字笔给我画了花脸 | 
| [31:28] | That was me. | 那是我 | 
| [31:29] | Ah. | 那是我 | 
| [31:30] | During my period of hating you. | 正好在我恨你的期间 | 
| [31:32] | That could have been pretty much anytime. | 那表示可能是任何时间了 | 
| [31:34] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [31:35] | This was taken then night we met. | 是我们参加民主党 | 
| [31:36] | At that seafood place by the democratic leadership conference. Look at that. | 领袖会议那一晚在海鲜店照的 | 
| [31:41] | You couldn’t stop staring at me. | 你一直盯着我瞧 | 
| [31:44] | You were wearing quite the ensemble. | 你那晚的行头真棒,��蒂 | 
| [31:46] | I don’t think it was the wardrobe you were | 我想你盯的不是服装 | 
| [31:48] | Looking at there, lucky. | 你是在盯那儿,小子 | 
| [31:50] | You guys are doing okay, josh. ( phone ringing ) | 你们干得还不错,乔西 | 
| [31:57] | Yeah. | 是 | 
| [31:59] | Yeah. | 好 | 
| [32:01] | They found a job for me. | |
| [32:02] | Well, I’ll see you next week. | 他们找到事给我做了 | 
| [32:04] | Listen, you’re not going to be this nice to me | 那我们下周再见了 | 
| [32:06] | When we’re working together, right? | 我们在一起工作时 你不会对我那么好吧 | 
| [32:08] | Not a chance. | 门都没有 | 
| [32:10] | That’s what I thought. Hey, what’s up? | 我也这样想 | 
| [32:18] | Danny: I mean, I obviously don’t have enough for a story | 有什么事? 显然我的资料不够写一篇报导 | 
| [32:22] | But as a courtesy to you, c.j. | 但我先知会你一声 | 
| [32:23] | I just want to let you know I’m going to be asking around. | 我会到处去问消息 | 
| [32:26] | Danny, it’s going to be much ado about nothing. | 丹尼,你会白忙一场 看起来不像是那样 | 
| [32:29] | Doesn’t look that way. | 的确是那样 我明白告诉你是那样 | 
| [32:29] | It is that way | 的确是那样 | 
| [32:31] | I just got through telling you that. | 我明白告诉你是那样 | 
| [32:32] | C.j. | 茜洁 | 
| [32:33] | Sam knows the difference Between right and wrong. | 山姆知道是非对错,你也是 | 
| [32:35] | Would it make my life easier | 如果他不交那女朋友 | 
| [32:37] | If he wasn’t friends with this woman? Absolutely. | 我的日子当然会好过些 | 
| [32:39] | But sam is a grown-up. | 但山姆是成人 | 
| [32:40] | I don’t get to choose his friends | 我不能替他选朋友 | 
| [32:42] | And your readers don’t get to judge them. | 你的读者也不能评断他们 我还要告诉你 | 
| [32:44] | And there’s something commendable | 山姆的行为也有可称赞之处 | 
| [32:45] | About sam’s behavior here. Don’t ask me what, but there is. | 别问我是什么 | 
| [32:48] | I’m sticking by him till the president orders me otherwise. | 我会一直支持他 除非总统反对 | 
| [32:50] | I’ll look very unfavorably on those who seek only to | 对那些想让我们难看的人 我会很不友善 | 
| [32:53] | To make us look like fools. down, girl. | 哇,冷静点,小姐 我会放弃 | 
| [32:55] | I’ll drop it. | 很好 我会放弃 谢谢 | 
| [32:56] | Good. Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [32:57] | But c.j., you’d better get dee’d up here. | 茜洁,你最好厘清这件事 | 
| [32:59] | ’cause not everybody’s a good guy. | 不是每个人都是好人 | 
| [33:00] | And you’re going to start to get traction on something | 你会在某些事上碰到阻力 | 
| [33:02] | Which maybe somebody else isn’t such a fan of | 有些人对此不满 | 
| [33:04] | And they’re going to put a tail on seaborn | 即使他们没有去跟踪山姆 | 
| [33:06] | If they haven’t already. | 也会开始那么做 | 
| [33:07] | Remember, I found out about this somehow… | 记住我不在场 但我也知道了这件事 | 
| [33:09] | I don’t suppose you’d tell me… | 我想你不会告诉… 不会 | 
| [33:10] | No way. | 我想你不会告诉… 不会 | 
| [33:12] | They’ll keep it in their pocket | 我是说他们会先秘而不宣 | 
| [33:13] | Till the eve of something big. | 等到大新闻前夕 | 
| [33:15] | Bill signing, state of the union, maybe the convention. | 譬如签署法案、发表国情咨文 或许是党员大会再爆出来 | 
| [33:17] | I’m on it. | 我会处理 | 
| [33:18] | ( phone ringing ) | 好,我会等他 | 
| [33:19] | Yeah? | |
| [33:21] | I’ll wait for him. | |
| [33:22] | I’m going to give you | 等一下,我有个新闻 | 
| [33:23] | A ten minute head start on something. | 让你早知道十分钟 | 
| [33:24] | What for? | 为什么? 因为你是好人 | 
| [33:25] | Being a good guy. | 什么消息? | 
| [33:27] | What’s the tip? | |
| [33:28] | Yeah. Thank you. | 好,谢谢 | 
| [33:30] | We’re out of syrian airspace. | 我们已经脱离叙利亚领空 | 
| [33:33] | This used to be the white house counsel’s office | 这里曾是白宫顾问办公室 | 
| [33:35] | Till toby and the communications staff conquered and pillaged. | 后来被托比和连络室占据 | 
| [33:39] | The map room, roosevelt room | 地图室、罗斯福室 | 
| [33:40] | Oval office, chief of staff. | 椭圆形办公室、幕僚长室 | 
| [33:41] | The only thing left to do is say hello to the president. | 现在只剩下跟总统打招呼了 | 
| [33:46] | We’re going on the air in a few minutes | 稍后我们要对全国发表 | 
| [33:47] | With a national address, so I don’t know how much… | 电视演说,不知道有多少… | 
| [33:50] | Where the hell did he go? | 查理 | 
| [33:51] | Charlie. | 查理 | 
| [33:55] | What happened to paragraph nine? | 第九段怎么了? | 
| [33:56] | In the red-line. | 划红线的? | 
| [33:57] | I’m sorry, paragraph eight. | 抱歉,是第八段 半小时前删掉了 | 
| [33:59] | We cut that a half an hour ago. | 法国人会读弦外之音 我要再看一遍 | 
| [34:00] | France will read between the lines. | 法国人会读弦外之音 我要再看一遍 | 
| [34:02] | Toby: have you looked at the new paragraph? | 如果你看看新的一段 | 
| [34:03] | Bartlet: I can’t look at anything, fellas. | 我什么也看不见 | 
| [34:05] | Mrs. Landingham, I need my glasses. | 蓝丁汉太太,我需要眼镜 | 
| [34:07] | Sir, she’s talking to the porters right now. | 她正在跟工友讲话 总统先生 | 
| [34:10] | When do we get the b.d.a.? | 何时才能拿到轰炸评估报告? | 
| [34:11] | There’s a problem. | 这有点问题,先生 为什么? | 
| [34:12] | Why? | 通常我们由叙利亚情报网 取得最新资讯 | 
| [34:13] | We get help with information | 通常我们由叙利亚情报网 | 
| [34:15] | From sources inside the syrian intelligence… | 取得最新资讯 | 
| [34:17] | Bartlet: so what’s the problem? | 那又有什么问题? | 
| [34:18] | We just blew up the syrian intelligence… | 我们刚刚把 | 
| [34:21] | Will somebody get on the phone to cnn | 叙利亚情报网炸掉了 | 
| [34:23] | And find out if we hit anything?! | 天啊,谁去连络CNN 了解一下我们炸了什么? | 
| [34:24] | Mr. President. | 总统先生,轰炸评估报告来了 | 
| [34:25] | It’s the b.d.a., sir. | 总统先生,轰炸评估报告来了 | 
| [34:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢,只要我能找到眼镜 | 
| [34:28] | Now if I only had my glasses. | |
| [34:31] | The porters have searched your bedroom. | 工友把你的卧房找遍了 | 
| [34:33] | This has been since this morning. | 这是早上发生的事 | 
| [34:34] | We could have brought in an optometrist. | 早该请个眼科医师来了 | 
| [34:36] | An optometrist can’t fold his equipment into a briefcase. | 眼科医师的仪器 手提箱也带不进来 | 
| [34:39] | Bartlet: I don’t need an optometrist now, thank you, nancy. | 他们有那种有镜片的机器 | 
| [34:42] | I just need the glasses he prescribed. | 我现在不需要眼科医师,南茜 谢谢,我只需要他配的眼镜 | 
| [34:45] | If you’ll take a minute | 总统先生,请花点时间 | 
| [34:46] | To familiarize yourself with the phoenix… | 熟悉凤凰飞弹,媒体会… | 
| [34:48] | I got the briefing on the phoenix. | 我听了凤凰飞弹的简报 | 
| [34:49] | I’m not talking about the sidewinder. | 你知道我不是指响尾蛇飞弹 | 
| [34:51] | The phoenix! | 凤凰飞弹 | 
| [34:52] | I got the briefing on the phoenix last night. | 我昨晚听了凤凰飞弹的简报 | 
| [34:54] | I studied the report. | 我读了报告 | 
| [34:55] | Hutchinson was there. | 贺奇生国务卿也在我私人书房 | 
| [34:57] | The phoenix, the a-61, the sparrow and the sidewinder. | 凤凰飞弹、A―61 麻雀飞弹、响尾蛇飞弹 | 
| [35:00] | Are we covered? | 我都说全了吗? 是的,先生 很好 | 
| [35:01] | C.j.: yes, sir. | 很好 十分钟后播出,总统先生 我只要一付眼镜 | 
| [35:02] | Man: ten minutes to air. | 十分钟后播出,总统先生 | 
| [35:03] | For want of a pair of glasses. | 我只要一付眼镜 | 
| [35:05] | Tell him. | 试试我的 | 
| [35:07] | We’re looking. she’s looking. | 告诉他 我们正在找 她正在找 谢谢 | 
| [35:09] | Thank you. | 她正在找 谢谢 | 
| [35:10] | In the meantime, can you take a look at the new para… | 他们在找的同时 你能不能看一下新的讲稿 | 
| [35:13] | Oh, crap, I can’t see anything. | 天啊,我什么也看不见 | 
| [35:14] | Charlie, tell him. | 查理,告诉他 | 
| [35:15] | Mr. President… | 总统先生 | 
| [35:22] | You said you read the phoenix report in… | 你说你读了凤凰飞弹的简报 | 
| [35:24] | What? | 什么? | 
| [35:25] | You said you read the phoenix report | 你说你昨晚在私人书房 | 
| [35:27] | In your private study last night, sir. | 读了凤凰飞弹的简报 | 
| [35:29] | What of it? who is this? | 那又如何?他是谁? | 
| [35:30] | Have a steward go to the president’s study. | 找助理到总统书房 | 
| [35:33] | Have him look under the papers on the coffee table. | 在咖啡桌的文件下找一找 | 
| [35:36] | Mr. President, this is charles young… | 总统先生,他是查理杨 | 
| [35:39] | I don’t have time for new people now. | 我现在没时间见新人 | 
| [35:41] | All right, that’s it. | 好,够了 | 
| [35:45] | Excuse me, mr. President. | 抱歉,总统先生,给我一分钟 | 
| [35:46] | A minute, please? | |
| [35:49] | Leo… | 里奥 | 
| [35:59] | What do you need, leo? | 你有什么事?里奥 | 
| [36:01] | Well, you’ve gone through everyone who works for you | 你已经骂遍了每个手下 | 
| [36:04] | And everyone who’s married to you. | 甚至你太太 | 
| [36:06] | I didn’t know who else you could get mad at | 我不知道你还能对谁生气 | 
| [36:08] | So I was afraid the american people might be next. | 我担心下个目标是美国民众 | 
| [36:12] | Oh, by the way, when we’re done here | 对了,等这事完了 | 
| [36:15] | You’re sending abbey some flowers. ( sighs ) | 你要送花给艾碧 | 
| [36:24] | Did you know that 2,000 years ago A roman citizen could walk | 你知道二千年前罗马公民 | 
| [36:29] | Across the face of the known world Free of the fear of molestation? | 可以毫无恐惧地走在任何地方 | 
| [36:33] | He could walk across the earth unharmed | 他可以不受伤害地 行走在地球上 | 
| [36:36] | Cloaked only in the protection of the words: “Civis romanus”– | 仅凭『罗马公民』 | 
| [36:40] | “I am a roman citizen.” | 这四个字就足以保护他 | 
| [36:42] | So great was the retribution of rome universally understood | 因为大家都知道伤害罗马公民 | 
| [36:46] | As certain, should any harm befall even one of its citizens. | 非付出惨重代价不可 | 
| [36:51] | Where was morris’s protection? | 莫瑞斯有什么保护? | 
| [36:54] | Or anybody else on that airplane? | 机上的其他人有什么保护? | 
| [36:55] | Where is the retribution for their families? | 他们的家人又如何可堪告慰? | 
| [36:58] | And where is the warning to the rest of the world | 我们又怎能警告全世界 | 
| [37:00] | That americans shall walk this earth unharmed | 不得伤害美国人一根汗毛 | 
| [37:03] | Lest the clenched fist of the most mighty military force | 否则世上最强大的军事武力 | 
| [37:06] | In the history of mankind Comes crashing down on your house! | 会降临到你家 | 
| [37:09] | In other words, leo, what the hell are we doing here?! | 换句话说,里奥 我们到底在做什么? | 
| [37:12] | We are behaving the way a superpower ought to behave. | 我们的行动是一个 超级强国应有的行动 | 
| [37:15] | Our behavior has produced some crappy results. | 我们的行动效果很差劲 | 
| [37:18] | In fact, I’m not 100% sure it hasn’t induced it. | 事实上,我不确定 是否有任何效果 | 
| [37:21] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? | 
| [37:23] | I’m talking about 286 american marines in beirut. | 我是说两百八十六名 在贝鲁特的美军陆战队员 | 
| [37:25] | I’m talking about somalia. | 以及索马利亚、奈洛比… | 
| [37:27] | I’m talking about nairobi. | 你认为让更多人死亡 可以吓阻敌人? | 
| [37:28] | And you think rachteting up the body count | 你认为让更多人死亡 | 
| [37:30] | Is going to act as a deterrent? | 可以吓阻敌人? | 
| [37:31] | You’re damn right I do. | 没错,我是那么想 那你和那些认为死刑 可以吓阻贩毒的人一样愚蠢 | 
| [37:32] | Then you are just as stupid as these guys who think | 那你和那些认为死刑 | 
| [37:35] | Capital punishment is going to be a deterrent for drug kingpins | 可以吓阻贩毒的人一样愚蠢 | 
| [37:38] | As if drug kingpins didn’t live their day-to-day lives | 你以为毒贩不知道 | 
| [37:41] | Under the possibility of execution. | 每天都在冒被枪毙的危险 | 
| [37:42] | And their executions are a lot less dainty than ours | 他们的行刑既不舒适 | 
| [37:46] | And tend to take place Without the bother and expense of due process. | 也不需要繁杂的法定程序 | 
| [37:50] | So, my friend, if you want | 老朋友,如果你想把 | 
| [37:52] | To start using american military strength As the arm of the lord… | 美军军力当成上帝的臂膀 | 
| [38:00] | You can do that. | 你是可以那么做 | 
| [38:01] | We’re the only superpower left. | 我们是仅存的超级强国 | 
| [38:03] | You can conquer the world like charlemagne | 你可以像查理曼大帝一样 征服世界 | 
| [38:07] | But you’d better be prepared to kill everyone | 但你得先杀死每个人 | 
| [38:12] | And you’d better start with me | 你得先从我开始 | 
| [38:13] | ’cause I will raise up an army against you | 因为我会组织军队反对你 | 
| [38:16] | And I will beat you. | 而我会打败你 | 
| [38:21] | He had a ten-day-old baby at home. | 他家中有个十天大的婴儿 我知道 | 
| [38:23] | I know. | 我们什么也没做 我们不是什么也没做 | 
| [38:24] | We are doing nothing. | 我们什么也没做 | 
| [38:25] | We are not doing nothing. | 我们不是什么也没做 | 
| [38:26] | We’re destroying… | 那就摧毁… 四个重要军事目标 | 
| [38:27] | Four high-rated military targets. | 那就摧毁… 四个重要军事目标 | 
| [38:29] | And this is good? | 那样就很好了? | 
| [38:30] | Of course, it’s not good. | 那样就很好了? | 
| [38:31] | There is no good. | 当然不够好,没什么好的 | 
| [38:32] | It’s what there is. | 事实就是那样 | 
| [38:33] | It’s how you behave if you’re the most | 这是超级强国应该做的 | 
| [38:35] | Powerful nation in the world. | |
| [38:36] | It’s proportional. it’s reasonable. It’s responsible. it’s merciful! | 这是有节制合理又负责 | 
| [38:40] | It’s not nothing. Four high-rated military targets. | 这是仁慈,并非什么没做 | 
| [38:44] | Which they’ll rebuild again in six months. | 四个重要军事目标 | 
| [38:46] | Then we’ll blow them up again in six months! | 他们在六个月内又可以重建 | 
| [38:48] | We’re getting really good at it. | 那么我们六个月后再轰炸 | 
| [38:57] | ( sighs ) | 我们会愈做愈好 | 
| [38:58] | It’s what our fathers taught us. | 这是我们祖先教我们的 | 
| [39:05] | Why didn’t you say so? | 你为什么不早说? | 
| [39:12] | When I think of all the work | 当我想到你努力帮我竞选 | 
| [39:14] | You put into getting me to run | |
| [39:16] | And when I think of all the work | 又拼老命让我当选 | 
| [39:18] | You did to get me elected | |
| [39:19] | I could pummel your ass with a baseball bat. | 我真想用球棒打烂你屁股 | 
| [39:22] | ( chuckling ) | |
| [39:27] | ( laughing harder ) | |
| [39:31] | Oh. Here’s one you’ll like– | 有一件你喜欢听的事 | 
| [39:35] | Bertram coles. | 伯传柯尔… | 
| [39:37] | I like anything that starts with bertram coles. | 任何以伯传柯尔起头的事 我都喜欢,说吧 | 
| [39:39] | Let’s have it. | 柯尔昨天上广播节目说 | 
| [39:40] | Coles goes on the radio yesterday | 柯尔昨天上广播节目说 | 
| [39:42] | And he says people in his district love america | 他选区的人都很爱国 | 
| [39:45] | And you’d better not come down there | 你最好别去那儿 | 
| [39:48] | ’cause you might not get out alive. | 因为你可能无法活着离开 | 
| [39:50] | Bert’s calling me out? | 伯传在单挑我? | 
| [39:52] | Apparently, the people | 显然他选区的人太爱国了 | 
| [39:55] | In bert’s district are so patriotic | |
| [39:57] | That if the president of the united states himself | 连美国总统本人现身都会被杀 | 
| [40:00] | Were to show up, they’d kill him. | 齐格一定气坏了 托比正在处理这事 | 
| [40:02] | ( both cracking up ) | 对了,刚才那孩子是谁 那个想出我眼镜在哪儿的人 | 
| [40:03] | Ziegler must be ballistic. | |
| [40:06] | Toby is on it. | |
| [40:08] | Oh, by the way, who was that kid before? | |
| [40:12] | The one who figured out where my glasses were? | |
| [40:15] | Well, if you want him, that’s your new body man. | 如果你喜欢 他就是你的新助理 | 
| [40:18] | What’s his story? | 他是什么背景? | 
| [40:25] | What do you think is going on in there? | 你想里面怎么了? | 
| [40:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [40:29] | Hey, do you know anything about a story going around | 你听说特勤组在调查 | 
| [40:32] | That has the secret service investigating bertram coles For threatening the life of the president? | 柯尔威胁总统生命的事吗 | 
| [40:38] | No. | 没有 | 
| [40:39] | Maggie greenwald is quoting you as saying | 玛姬葛林引述你的话 | 
| [40:41] | “The secret service investigates all threats | 说特勤组在调查对总统的威胁 | 
| [40:43] | “Made against the president | 而白宫的政策是不便置评 | 
| [40:45] | And it’s white house policy not to comment.” Yeah. | 对 | 
| [40:48] | Did you say that? | 你说过那些话? | 
| [40:50] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [40:51] | Hey, you don’t suppose | 你不会认为 | 
| [40:53] | That’s how the story got started, do you? | 报导是那样起头的吧 | 
| [40:56] | You know what, c.j.? | 你去告诉柯尔 托比说城里来了位新警长 | 
| [40:57] | You tell bert coles that toby ziegler said | 你去告诉柯尔 | 
| [40:59] | There’s a new sheriff in town. | 托比说城里来了位新警长 | 
| [41:06] | This was just, I think, a bad day. | 这只是很不顺的一天 | 
| [41:09] | I have to tell you | 平常他很仁慈 | 
| [41:10] | He’s ordinarily an extremely kind man Placing a very high premium on civility. | 非常注重礼貌,今天… | 
| [41:15] | Today… sure. | 没关系 | 
| [41:16] | It’s just been a very difficult few days for him. | 这几天他很不好过 | 
| [41:19] | I think I should probably go. | 或许我该走了 | 
| [41:20] | Excuse me, charlie. | 抱歉,查理 | 
| [41:22] | Can I see you inside, please? | 我们到里面谈谈,好吗? | 
| [41:23] | Come on, it’s okay. | 来吧,没关系 | 
| [41:25] | I’m jed bartlet. | |
| [41:27] | I’m charles young. | 我是杰德巴特勒 我是查理斯杨 | 
| [41:28] | But you prefer “Charlie,” Right? | 我是查理斯杨 但你宁愿被称为查理吧 | 
| [41:30] | Listen, leo mcgarry filled me in | 里奥马加瑞告诉我 | 
| [41:31] | On the situation with your mother. I’m so very sorry. | 你母亲的事,我很难过 | 
| [41:34] | I hope you don’t mind, but I took the liberty | 希望你不介意 | 
| [41:36] | Of calling tom connolly, the fbi director. | 我通知了调查局长汤姆康诺理 | 
| [41:38] | We had the computer spit out some quick information. | 我们用电脑查了一些资料 | 
| [41:40] | Your mother was killed | 你母亲是被点三八左轮枪 | 
| [41:41] | By a westing .38 revolver firing ktw’s Or what are known as “Cop killer” Bullets. | 发射俗称『杀警』子弹杀死 | 
| [41:46] | Now, we have not had a lot of success yet | 我们在禁止那些手枪 | 
| [41:49] | In banning that weapon and those bullets off the streets | 和子弹流通上不太成功 | 
| [41:52] | But we’re planning on taking a big whack at it | 等国会休会结束 | 
| [41:55] | When congress comes back from recess. | 我们准备再度提案立法 | 
| [41:57] | So, what do you say? | 怎么样?愿意来帮忙吗? | 
| [41:58] | You want to come help us out? | |
| [42:01] | Yes, sir, I do. | 是的,先生,我愿意 | 
| [42:02] | Thanks, charlie. | 谢了,查理 | 
| [42:03] | ( clears throat ) | 剩三十秒 都准备好了吗? | 
| [42:05] | 30 seconds, please. | |
| [42:07] | All set? | |
| [42:08] | You tell me. | 你告诉我啊 | 
| [42:10] | It’s a pretty ugly tie. | 那条领带很难看 | 
| [42:12] | My granddaughter gave me this tie. | 是我孙女送我的 | 
| [42:14] | My nephew gave me an ashtray he made at summer camp. get away from me. | 我侄子在夏令营 做了个烟灰缸送我 | 
| [42:17] | Throw this guy out of the building! | 离我远点 谁来把这�砘锔铣鋈� | 
| [42:19] | Stand by. After the president’s address, as I say, we’ll take you back | 准备 | 
| [42:26] | To steve alvarado with the pentagon And alison cutler on capitol hill. | 谢了 | 
| [42:30] | I’ve never felt like this before. | 我从未有过这种感觉 | 
| [42:32] | It doesn’t go away. | 这种感觉会永远留存 | 
| [42:34] | Here now, the president. | 总统先生 | 
| [42:35] | My fellow americans, good evening. | 美国同胞们,大家晚安 | 
| [42:37] | A short while ago, I ordered our armed forces | 不久前我下令空军攻击摧毁 | 
| [42:40] | To attack and destroy four military targets In northern syria. | 北叙利亚四个军事目标 | 
| [42:44] | This in response to the unwarranted, unprovoked | 这是回应三天前他们 | 
| [42:47] | And cold-blooded downing three days ago | 冷血不必要又不合理的攻击 | 
| [42:49] | Of an unarmed air force jet carrying 58 passengers | 一架无武装的空军飞机 | 
| [42:52] | And the flag of the united states… | 机上有58名乘客和美国国旗 |